Books by Subject
- Addiction medicine 2011, SpringerThis book attempts to "bridge the gap between the explosion of neuroscientific and behavioral knowledge in the past three decades and treatment delivery in clinical practice. As such, it should fulfill the role of a comprehensive textbook that integrates addiction medicine from its scientific underpinnings to the treatment of patients in clinical settings"--Preface, p. vii.
- Addiction recovery management 2011, Springer
- Advances in schizophrenia research, 2010, Springer
- American Psychiatric Association practice guidelines 2006, PsychiatryOnlinePsychiatric evaluation of adults, second edition -- Treatment of patients with delirium -- Treatment of patients with Alzheimer's disease and other dementias of late life -- Treatment of patients with HIV/AIDS -- Treatment of patients with substance use disorders, second edition -- Treatment of patients with schizophrenia, second edition -- Treatment of patients with major depressive disorder, second edition -- Treatment of patients with bipolar disorder, second edition -- Treatment of patients with panic disorder -- Treatment of patients with acute stress disorder and posttraumatic stress disorder -- Treatment of patients with eating disorders, third edition -- Treatment of patients with borderline personality disorder -- Assessment and treatment of patients with suicidal behaviors. -- Appendix: Practice guideline development process.
- American Psychiatric Publishing textbook of geriatric psychiatry. 4th ed. 2009, PsychiatryOnlinePart I: The basic science of geriatric psychiatry --The myth, history, and science of aging /Dan G. Blazer --Demography and epidemiology of psychiatric disorders in late life /Celia F. Hybels, Dan G. Blazer, and Judith C. Hays --Physiological and clinical considerations of geriatric patient care /Robert M. Kaiser --Neuroanatomy, neurophysiology, and neuropathology of aging /Warren D. Taylor, Scott D. Moore, and Steven S. Chin --Chemical messengers /Jason D. Kilts ... [et al.] --Genetics /Robert A. Sweet and Patricia A. Wilkosz --Psychological aspects of normal aging /Ilene C. Siegler ... [et al.] --Social and economic factors related to psychiatric disorders in late life /Linda K. George.Part II: The diagnostic interview in late life --The psychiatric interview of older adults /Dan G. Blazer --Use of the laboratory in the diagnostic workup of older adults /Mugdha Thakur and P. Murali Doraiswamy --Neuropsychological assessment of dementia /Kathleen A. Welsh-Bohmer and Deborah K. Attix.Part III: Psychiatric disorders in late life --Delirium /Michael A. Fearing and Sharon K. Inouye --Dementia and milder cognitive syndromes /Constantine G. Lyketsos --Movement disorders /Burton Scott --Mood disorders /Dan G. Blazer, David C. Steffens, and Harold G. Koenig --Bipolar disorder in late life /John L. Beyer --Schizophrenia and paranoid disorders /Dilip V. Jeste, Nicole M. Lanouette, and Ipsit V. Vahia --Anxiety disorders /Eric J. Lenze and Julie Loebach Wetherell --Somatoform disorders /Marc E. Agronin --Sexual disorders /Marc E. Agronin --Bereavement /Moria J. Smoski and Larry W. Thompson --Sleep and circadian rhythm disorders /Andrew D. Krystal, Jack D. Edinger, and William K. Wohlgemuth --Alcohol and drug problems /David W. Oslin and Shahrzad Mavandadi --Personality disorders /Thomas E. Oxman --Agitation and suspiciousness /Harold W. Goforth and Lisa P. Gwyther.Part IV: Treatment of psychiatric disorders in late life --Psychopharmacology /Benoit H. Mulsant and Bruce G. Pollock --Electroconvulsive therapy /Richard D. Weiner and Andrew D. Krystal --Nutrition and physical activity /Connie Watkins Bales and Martha Elizabeth Payne --Individual and group psychotherapy /Thomas R. Lynch and Moria J. Smoski --Working with families of older adults /Lisa P. Gwyther and Diane E. Meglin --Clinical psychiatry in the nursing home /Joel E. Streim and Ira R. Katz --The continuum of caring in the long term: movement toward the community /George L. Maddox and Elise J. Bolda.Part V: Special topics --Legal, ethical, and policy issues /William E. Reichman ... [et al.] --The past and future of geriatric psychiatry /Dan G. Blazer and David C. Steffens.
- American Psychiatric Publishing Textbook of psychiatry. 5th ed. 2008, PsychiatryOnline
- American Psychiatric Publishing Textbook of psychopharmacology. 4th ed. 2009, PsychiatryOnline
- American Psychiatric Publishing Textbook of substance abuse treatment. 4th ed. 2008, PsychiatryOnlinePart 1 : The basis of addictive disorders -- Neurobiology of addiction / George F. Koob -- Genetics of addiction / Joel Gelernter, Henry R. Kranzler -- Epidemiology of addiction / Judith S. Brook, Kerstin Pahl, Elizabeth Rubenstone -- Cross-cultural aspects of addiction / Nady el-Guebaly --Part 2 : The nature of treatment -- Assessment of the patient / Shelly F. Greenfield, Grace Hennessy -- Patient placement criteria / David Mee-Lee, David R. Gastfriend -- Evolution in addiction treatment concepts and methods / A. Thomas McLellan --Part 3 : Specific drugs of abuse -- Alcohol -- Neurobiology of alcohol / Clifford M. Knapp, Domenic A. Ciraulo, Henry R. Kranzler -- Clinical management of alcohol abuse and dependence / Hugh Myrick, Tara Wright -- Stimulants -- Neurobiology of stimulants / Margaret Haney -- Clinical management : cocaine / Thomas R. Kosten, Mehmet Sofuoglu, Tracie J. Gardner -- Clinical management : methamphetamine / Richard A. Rawson, Walter Ling -- Hallucinogens and club drugs -- Neurobiology of hallucinogens / Richard A. Glennon -- Hallucinogens and club drugs / Michael F. Weaver, Sidney H. Schnoll -- Other substances -- Nicotine and tobacco / Tony P. George, Andrea H. Weinberger -- Benzodiazepines and other sedatives and hypnotics / Adam Bisaga -- Treatment of anabolic-androgenic steroid-related disorders / Harrison G. Pope, Jr., Kirk J. Brower -- Opioids -- Neurobiology of opiates and opioids / Mary Jeanne Kreek -- Detoxification of opioids / Soteri Polydorou, Herbert D. Kleber -- Opioid maintenance treatment / Richard S. Schottenfeld -- Buprenorphine maintenance / Eric C. Strain, Michelle R. Lofwall -- Antagonists of opioids / Charles O'Brien, Kyle M. Kampman --Part 4 : Treatment modalities -- Psychodynamics / Hallie A. Lightdale, Avram H. Mack, Richard J. Frances -- Cognitive-behavioral therapies / Kathleen M. Carroll -- Motivational enhancement / Carlo C. DiClemente, Miranda Garay, Leigh Gemmell -- Twelve-step facilitation / Richard K. Ries, Marc Galanter, J. Scott Tonigan -- Contingency management / Stephen T. Higgins, Kenneth Silverman -- Network therapy / Marc Galanter -- Group therapy / David W. Brook -- Family therapy / Timothy J. O'Farrell, William Fals-Stewart --Part 5 : Rehabilitation settings -- Inpatient treatment / Roger D. Weiss, Jennifer Sharpe Potter, Rocco A. Iannucci -- Therapeutic communities / George De Leon -- Community-based treatment / Jonathan I. Ritvo, Harvey L. Causey III -- Alcoholics anonymous and other 12-step programs -- Psychological mechanisms in alcoholics anonymous / J. Scott Tonigan, Gerard J. Connors -- The history of alcoholics anonymous and the experiences of patients / Edgar P. Nace -- Outcome research on 12-step and other self-help programs / Rudolf H. Moos, Christine Timko --Part 6 : Special populations -- Adolescent substance abuse / Yifrah Kaminer -- The mentally ill substance abuser / Stephen Ross -- Women and addiction / Kathleen T. Brady, Sudie E. Back -- Perinatal substance abuse / Loretta P. Finnegan, Stephen R. Kandall -- HIV/AIDS and hepatitis C / Steven L. Batki, Kalpana I. Nathan -- Prescription drug abuse / Wilson M. Compton, Richard Denisco -- Substance use disorders among physicians / J. Wesley Boyd, John R. Knight -- Gay men and lesbians / Robert Paul Cabaj -- Minorities / Joseph Westermeyer, Daniel Dickerson --Part 7 : Special topics -- Testing to identify recent drug use / Robert L. DuPont, Carl M. Selavka -- Medical education / Erik W. Gunderson, Frances R. Levin, Petros Levounis -- Prevention of substance abuse / Richard R. Clayton, Melissa J.H. Segress, Crystal A. Caudill -- Forensic addiction psychiatry / Avram H. Mack, Monica Barros.
- Anxiety and anxiolytic drugs 2005, Springer
- Anxiety and substance use disorders 2008, SpringerTheoretical issues -- Epidemiological perspectives on co-occurring anxiety disorder and substance use disorder -- The neurobiology of anxiety: potential for co-morbidity of anxiety and substance use disorders -- Research findings -- Posttraumatic stress disorder and substance use disorder: neuroimaging, neuroendocrine, and psychophysiological findings -- Co-morbidity of social phobia and alcohol use disorders: a review of psychopathology research findings -- Panic spectrum disorders and substance use -- Treatment strategies -- Treatment of co-morbid obsessive-compulsive disorder and substance use disorders -- Treatment for co-morbid posttraumatic stress disorder and substance use disorders -- Treatment of co-occurring alcoholism and social anxiety disorder -- Treating co-morbid panic disorder and substance use disorder -- Cognitive- behavioral treatment of co-morbid panic psychopathology and tobacco use and dependence -- Personality-based approaches to treatment of co-morbid anxiety and substance use disorder -- Medical management of co-morbid anxiety and substance use disorder -- Integration and conclusions -- Anxiety disorder and substance use disorder co-morbidity: common themes and future directions.
- Anxiety disorders 2013, KargerPreface : concerted efforts to improve the understanding and treatment of anxiety disorders / J. Angst, D.S. Baldwin -- On the nature of obsessions and compulsions / S. de Haan, E. Rietveld, D. Denys -- The origin of anxiety disorders : an evolutionary approach / L.E.W.G. Willers, N.C. Vulink, D. Denys, D.J. Stein -- Genetic factors in anxiety disorders / K. Domschke, E. Maron -- Neuroimaging in anxiety disorders / M. Fredrikson, V. Faria -- Potential neuroimmunological targets in the treatment of anxiety disorders / R. Hou, Z. Tang, D.S. Baldwin -- Anxiety and cardiovascular disease / S.J.C. Davies, C. Allgulander -- The early phases of anxiety disorders : from prevention to treatment / J. Vázquez-Bourgon, A. Herrán, J.L. Vázquez-Barquero -- Duration of untreated Illness and duration of illness in anxiety disorders : assessment and influence on outcome / A.C. Altamura, G. Camuri, B. Dell'Osso -- Pharmacotherapy of generalized anxiety disorder / C. Allgulander, D.S. Baldwin -- Pharmacological treatment of panic disorder / B. Bandelow, D.S. Baldwin, P. Zwanzger -- Pharmacological treatment of social anxiety disorder / V.G. Masdrakis, D. Turic, D.S. Baldwin -- Pharmacotherapy of posttraumatic stress disorder / A. Koller, D.J. Stein -- Evidence-based treatment pathways for translational studies in obsessive-compulsive disorders / N.A. Fineberg, S. Pallanti, S. Reghunandanan.
- Anxiety disorders 2008, Springer
- Anxiety in health behaviors and physical illness 2008, SpringerHealth behaviors and anxiety disorders -- Tobacco use and panic psychopathology: current status and future directions -- Alcohol use and anxiety disorders -- Illicit drug use across the anxiety disorders: prevalence, underlying mechanisms, and treatment -- The promise of exercise interventions for the anxiety disorders -- Anxiety and insomnia: theoretical relationship and future research -- Physical conditions and anxiety disorders -- Anxiety disorders and physical illness comorbidity: an overview -- The relation between puberty and adolescent anxiety: theory and evidence -- Anxiety, anxiety disorders, and the menstrual cycle -- Pain and anxiety disorders -- Asthma in anxiety and its disorders: overview and synthesis -- Cardiovascular disease and anxiety -- HIV and anxiety -- Physical illness and treatment of anxiety disorders: a review.
- APA Practice guidelines for the treatment of psychiatric disorders 2005, PsychiatryOnline
- History, overview, and trends in child and adolescent psychological assessment / Robert W. Heffer, Tammy D. Barry, and Beth H. Garland -- Diagnostic classification systems / Jeremy D. Jewell, Stephen D.A. Hupp, and Andrew M. Pomerantz -- Interview and report writing / Amie E. Grills-Taquechel, Rosanna Polifroni, and Jack M. Fletcher -- Intelligence testing / R.W. Kamphaus, Cecil R. Reynolds, and Katie King Vogel -- Rating scale systems for assessing psychopathology : the Achenbach System of Empirically Based Assessment (ASEBA) and the Behavior Assessment System for Children-2 (BASC-2) / Leslie A. Rescorla -- Neuropsychological disorders of children / WM. Drew Gouvier, Audrey Baumeister, and Kola Ijaola -- Assessment of conduct problems / Nicole R. Powell ... [et al.] -- Evidence-based assessment of attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) / Paula Sowerby and Gail Tripp -- Assessment of mood disorders in children and adolescents / C. Emily Durbin and Sylia Wilson -- Assessment of bipolar disorder in children / Stephanie Danner, Matthew E. Young, and Mary A. Fristad -- Academic assessment / George H. Noell, Scott P. Ardoin, and Kristin A. Gansle -- Behavioral assessment of self-injury / Timothy R. Vollmer, Kimberly N. Sloman, and Carrie S.W. Borrero -- Autism spectrum disorders and comorbid psychopathology / Jessica A. Boisjoli and Johnny L. Matson -- Assessment of eating disorder symptoms in children and adolescents / Nancy Zucker ... [et al.] -- Pain assessment / Frank Andrasik and Carla Rime -- Assessment of pediatric feeding disorders / Cathleen C. Piazza and Henry S. Roane.
- Assessing impairment 2009, SpringerDefining the evolving concept of impairment /Sam Goldstein and Jack A. Naglieri --Measurement of symptom severity and impairment /Lawrence J. Lewandowski, Benjamin J. Lovett, and Michael Gordon --The role of family and situational problems in understanding and reducing impairment /John W. Eagle --Relationships between adaptive behavior and impairment /Jeffrey Ditterline and Thomas Oakland --Psychometric issues in the assessment of impairment /Jack A. Naglieri --The medical model of impairment /Norma Leclair, Steven Leclair, and Christopher R. Brigham --The DSM model of impairment /Diana K. Joyce and Allison G. Dempsey --Measuring impairment in a legal context : practical considerations in the evaluation of psychiatric and learning disabilities /Benjamin J. Lovett, Michael Gordon, and Lawrence J. Lewandowski --Impairment in children /Gregory A. Fabiano and William E. Pelham Jr. --Impairment in the geriatric population /Holly Tuokko and Lesley Ritchie --Assessing occupational disability following trauma and impairment /Jasen M. Walker and Stacey A. Petersen --Conclusion /Sam Goldstein and Jack A. Naglieri.
- Asthma 2003, Karger
- Atlas of depression 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Atlas of electroencephalography in sleep medicine 2012, SpringerNormal Sleep Stages --Normal Electroencephalography Variants in Sleep --Nonepileptiform Abnormalities --Epileptiform Abnormalities --Artifacts.
- Atlas of schizophrenia 2002, CRCnetBASE
- This seventh edition includes new chapters and maintains popular features from previous editions such as self awareness prompts while adding research boxes and student worksheets at the end of each chapter.
- Behavioral neurobiology of anxiety and its treatment 2010, Springer
- Behavioral neurobiology of depression and its treatment 2013, SpringerThe book highlights important new research using current state-of-the-art approaches by prominent researchers in the field of depression. A broad range of topics is covered, beginning with a description of the phenotypic features of clinical depression, followed by chapters on the cellular and molecular basis, functional neuroimaging correlates and information-processing accounts. Finally, existing and novel treatment approaches are covered. In this way the volume brings together the key disciplines involved in the neurobiological understanding of depression to provide an update of the field and outlook to the future. Together, the volume chapters provide focused and critical reviews that span a broad range of topics suitable for both students and established investigators interested in the present state of depression research.
- Behavioral neurobiology of schizophrenia and its treatment 2010, Springer
- Behavioral neurogenetics 2012, Springer
- Behavioral science in medicine 2004, OvidThe life cycle -- The biological bases of behavior -- The psychological bases of behavior -- Psychopathology -- Social behavior -- The doctor-patient relationship -- Health care delivery.
- Biological child psychiatry 2008, KargerAttention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder / Coghill, D., Rohde, L.A., Banaschewski, T. -- Autism / Moura, P.J., Lombroso, P.J., Mercadante, M.T. -- Brain model for pediatric bipolar disorder / Pavuluri, M.N., Bogarapu, S.P. -- Neurobiology of depression in childhood and adolescence / Bark, C., Resch, F. -- The neurobiological basis of anxiety in children and adolescents / Grados, M.A. -- Obsessive-compulsive disorder in childhood / Rosário, M.C. ... [et al.] -- Neurobiological background of tic disorders / Roessner, V., Rothenberger, A. -- Schizophrenia in children and adolescents / Remschmidt, H. -- Eating disorders / Fleitlich-Bilyk, B., Lock, J. -- Conduct disorder / Popma, A., Vermeiren, R. -- Substance use disorders in adolescence / Szobot, C.M., Bukstein, O. -- Molecular genetics in child psychiatry / Stringaris, A.K., Asherson, P. -- Recent developments in neuropsychological models of childhood psychiatric disorders / Willcutt, E.G. ... [et al.] -- Electrophysiology in child psychiatric disorders / Banaschewski, T., Brandeis, D. -- Neuroimaging in child psychiatry / Durston, S.
- Biomarkers for psychiatric disorders 2008., Springer
- Bipolar depression 2009, Springer
- Brain lipids and disorders in biological psychiatry. 1st ed. 2002, ScienceDirect
- Cases from DSM-IV-TR casebook and its treatment companion 2005, PsychiatryOnline
- Chemotherapy in psychiatry. 3rd ed. 2013, Springer
- Child and adolescent psychiatry 2007, OvidPreface --Section 1: General principles of development and the psychiatric evaluation of children and adolescents --ch. 1.Overview of development --ch. 2. Thepsychiatric evaluation --Section 2 : Axis 1 disorders usually first diagnosed in infancy, childhood, or adolescence --Part A : Developmental disorders --ch. 3.Mental retardation --ch. 4.Learning disorders --ch. 5.Pervasive developmental disorders : the autism spectrum disorders --Part B : Disruptive behavior disorders --ch. 6.Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder --ch. 7.Conduct disorder and oppositional defiant disorder --Part C : Other disorders of infancy, childhood, or adolescence --ch. 8.Separation anxiety disorder --ch. 9.Selective mutism --Part D : Tic disorders --ch. 10.Tourette and other tic disorders --Part E : Elimination disorders --ch. 11.Elimination disorders : functional encopresis and functional enuresis --Part F : Feeding and eating disorders of infancy or early childhood --ch. 12.Feeding and eating disorders of infancy or early childhood : Pica, Rumination disorder, feeding disorder of infancy or early childhood --Section 3 : General psychiatric disorders that may begin in childhood or adolescence --ch. 13.Depressive disorders : major depression, dysthymia, depression NOS --ch. 14.Juvenile onset bipolar disorder --ch. 15.Anxiety disorders : generalized anxiety, phobias and obsessive-compulsive disorder --ch. 16.Early onset schizophrenia and other psychotic disorders --ch. 17.Eating disorders : anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa --ch. 18.Substance use disorders --ch. 19.Trauma-related disorders --ch. 20.Adjustment disorders --Section 4 : Special clinical circumstances --ch. 21.Psychiatric emergencies in child an adolescent psychiatry --ch. 22.Child neglect and abuse --Section 5 : Treatment --ch. 23.Principles of treatment planning --ch. 24.Psychopharmacology --ch. 25.Psychosocial interventions --ch. 26.Psychoeducational interventions --ch. 27.Consultations to systems of care --Appendices --1a.Essentials of the Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Evaluation/Report --1b.Psychiatric review of symptoms --1c.Medication appointment record --1d.Abnormal involuntary movement scale (AIMS) --1e. TheSimpson-Angus Scale (SAS) --2a.Rating scales --2b.Commonly used tests : assessment of children and youth --3a.DSM-IV-TR mnemonics --4.Resources for parents --Suggested readings.
- Child neuropsychology. 2nd ed. 2009, Springer
- Chronic pain and addiction 2011, KargerPatients with chronic pain understandably seek relief from their distress and discomfort, but many medications that alleviate pain are potentially addictive, and most chronic pain conditions only have a temporary response to opiate analgesic drugs. This volume reviews the fundamental topics that underlie the complex relationships of this controversial domain. The authors review behavioral models and practical methods for understanding and treating chronic pain and addiction including methods to formulate patients with complex comorbidity and screen patients with chronic pain for addictive liability. Finally, the authors describe the current findings from clinical and basic science that illuminate the role of opiates, cannabinoids and ketamine in the treatment of chronic pain. Up to date and comprehensive, this book is relevant to all professionals engaged in the care of patients with chronic pain or addiction and all others interested in these contemporary issues, particularly non-clinicians seeking clarity in the controversy over the best approach to patients with chronic pain.
- Classifying madness 2005, Springer
- Clinical neuroanatomy 2008, Springer
- Clinical strategies for becoming a master psychotherapist 2006, ScienceDirect
- Clinician's guide to cultural psychiatry 2003, ScienceDirect
- Clinician's handbook of adult behavioral assessment 2006, ScienceDirectContributors -- Preface -- General issues -- Overview of behavioral assessment with adults / William O'Donohue, Kendra K. Beitz, Michelle Byrd -- Psychometric considerations / Stephen N. Haynes -- Analogue and virtual reality assessment / Johan Rosqvist, Alecia Sundsmo, Chelsea MacLane, Kirsten Cullen, Darcy Clothier Norling, Mandy Davies, Danielle Maack -- Behavioral interviewing / Steven L. Sayers, Thomas J. Tomcho -- Activity measurement / Warren W. Tryon -- Structured and semi-structured interviews / Daniel L. Segal, Frederick L. Coolidge, Alisa O'Riley, Benjamin A. Heinz -- Self assessment / Sandra F. Sigmon, Stephanie M. LaMattina -- Psychophysiological assessment / Kevin T. Larkin -- Evaluation of specific disorders -- And problems -- Anxiety and fear / F. Dudley McGlynn, Todd A. Smitherman, Amanda M. M. Mulfinger -- Depression / Paula Truax, Aaron Tritch, Barb Carver -- Social skills deficit / Nina Heinrichs, Alexander L. Gerlach, Stefan G. Hofmann -- Eating disorders / Tiffany Stewart, Donald A. Williamson -- Alcohol and drug abuse / Peter M. Miller -- Marital dysfunction / Gary R. Birchler, William Fals-Stewart -- Sexual deviation / Nathanial McConaghy -- Psychotic behavior / Nirbhay N. Singh, Mohamed Sabaawi -- Aggressive behavior / Jennifer Langhinrichesen-Rohling, Matthew T. Huss, Martin L. Rohling -- Sleep dysfunction / Shawn Currie -- Borderline personality disorders / Wendi L. Adams, Tracy Jendritza, Soonie Kim -- Special issues -- Technology integration and behavioral assessment / David C. S. Richard, Andrew Gloster -- Evaluating older adults / Barry A. Edelstein. Erin Woodhead, Emily Bower, Angela Sweeney -- Behavioral neuropsychology / Michael D. Franzen -- Ethical-legal issues / William J. Fremouw, Jill Johansson-Love, Elizabeth Tyner, Julia Strunk -- Behavioral assessment of work-related issues / Derek R. Hopko, Sandra D. Hopko, C. W. Lejuez -- Assessment of value change in adults with acquired disabilities / Elias Mpofu, Thomas Oakland -- Index.
- Clinician's handbook of child behavioral assessment 2006, ScienceDirectGeneral issues -- Overview of behavioral assessment with children / David Reitman -- Developmental considerations / Susan Tinsley-Li, Sandra Rogers -- Psychometric considerations / Daniel M. Bagner, Michelle Harwood, Sheila M. Eyberg -- Analogue and virtual reality assessment / Sari D. Gold, Brian P. Marx -- Behavioral interviewing of parents / William G. Sharp, Cara B. Reeves, Alan M. Gross -- Activity measurement / Mark D. Rapport, Michael J. Kofler, Carmen Himmerich -- Structured and semistructured interviews / Helen Orvaschel -- Child self-regulation / Martin Agran, Michael L. Wehmeyer -- Psychophysiological assessment / Frank H. Wilhelm, Silvia Schneider, Bruce H. Friedman -- Peer sociometric evaluation / Elias Mpofu, JoLynn Carney, Michael C. Lambert -- Evaluation of specific disorders and problems -- Anxiety and fear / Janet Woodruff-Borden, Ovsanna T. Leyfer -- Depression / William M. Reynolds -- Social skill deficits / Megan M. McClelland, Cori Scalzo -- Alcohol and drug abuse / Brad C. Donohue, Jennifer Karmely, Marilyn J. Strada -- Peer relationship problems / Linda A. LeBlanc, Rachael A. Sautter, Dawn J. Dore -- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder / Mark D. Rapport, Thomas M. Timko, Jr., Rachel Wolfe -- Eating disorders / Michelle Heffner Macera, J. Scott Mizes -- Mental retardation / V. Mark Durand, Kristin V. Christodulu -- Conduct disorders / Kurt A. Freeman, Jennifer M. Hogansen -- Pervasive development disorders / Laura Schreibman, Aubyn C. Stahmer, Natacha Akshoomoff -- Habit disorders / Michael B. Himle ... [et al.] -- Special issues -- Child abuse assessment / Deborah Wise -- Classroom assessment / Janine P. Stichter, Timothy J. Lewis -- Pediatric behavioral neuropsychology / Eileen B. Fennell -- Academic skills problems / Edward S. Shapiro, Milena A. Keller -- Ethical and legal issues / Catherine Miller.
- Clinicians' guide to adult ADHD 2002, ScienceDirectch. 1. Anoverview of childhood and adolescent ADHD : understanding the complexities of development into the adult years /Anne Teeter Ellison --ch. 2.Continuity of ADHD in adulthood : hypothesis and theory meet reality /Sam Goldstein --ch. 3.Research on comorbidity, adaptive functioning, and cognitive impairments in adults with ADHD : implications for a clinical practice /Russell BarkleyandMichael Gordon --ch. 4. Theassessment process : conditions and comorbidities /Diane E. JohnsonandC. Keith Conners --ch. 5.Clinical case studies /Kevin Murphy --ch. 6. Theclinician's role in the treatment of ADHD /Kathleen G. Nadeau --ch. 7.Changing the mindset of adults with ADHD : strategies for fostering hope, optimism, and resilience /Robert B. Brooks --8. Amodel of psychotherapy for adults with ADHD /Susan Young --ch. 9.Pharmacotherapy of adult ADHD /Jeffrey B. PrinceandTimothy E. Wilens --ch. 10.Career impact : finding the key to issues facing adults with ADHD /Rob CrawfordandVeronica Crawford --ch. 11.What clinicians need to know about legal issues relative to ADHD /Peter S. LathamandPatricia H. Latham --ch. 12.Making marriages work for individuals with ADHD /Patrick Kilcarr --ch. 13.Families and ADHD /Thomas W. Phelan --ch. 14.Life coaching for adult ADHD /Nancy Ratey --ch. 15.Lifestyle issues /Arthur L. Robin.
- Cognitive approaches to obsessions and compulsions 2002, ScienceDirect
- What Is Community-Based Participatory Research? --Background Preparation for the CBPR Process --Beginning Partnerships with Communities --Finding Common Ground Within the Partnership --Sustaining the Partnership --Evaluating the Partnership and Enhancing Future Successes.
- Competence assessment in dementia 2008, Springer
- Comprehensive textbook of AIDS psychiatry 2008, ebraryPart I. Psychiatric Relevance and Implications of AIDS Psychiatry -- History of AIDS Psychiatry: A Biopsychosocial Approach-Paradigm and Paradox -- HIV/AIDS at 25: History, Epidemiology, Clinical Manifestations, and Treatment -- Psychoneuroimmunology and HIV -- Epidemiology of Psychiatric Disorders Associated with HIV and AIDS -- Sociocultural Factors Influencing the Transmission of HIV/AIDS in the United States: AIDS and the Nation's Prisons -- Part II. Comprehensive AIDS Psychiatric Assessment -- A Biopsychosocial Approach to Psychiatric Consultation in Persons with HIV and AIDS -- Neuropsychological Evaluation -- Part III. Psychiatric Disorders and HIV Infection -- Substance Use Disorders - The Special Role in HIV Transmission -- Mood Disorders -- HIV-Associated Neurocognitive Disorders -- Anxiety Disorders -- Psychotic Disorders and Severe Mental Illness -- The Role of Personality in HIV Risk Behaviors: Implications for Treatment -- Part IV. Unique Psychiatric Manifestations of HIV Infection -- Distress in Persons with HIV and AIDS -- Insomnia and HIV: A Biopsychosocial Approach -- Fatigue and HIV -- Unique Manifestations of HIV-Associated Dementia -- Suicide -- Part V. Neuropathologic Manifestations of HIV Infection -- HIV and the Central Nervous System -- Neurological Complications of HIV in the Spinal Cord and Peripheral Nervous System --Part VI. Risk Behaviors, HIV Transmission, and Adherence -- The Role of Psychiatric Disorders in HIV Transmission and Prevention -- Psychiatric Aspects of Adherence to Medical Care and Treatment for HIV/AIDS -- Homelessness and HIV Risk and Prevention -- Part VII. AIDS Psychiatry through the Life Cycle -- Childhood and Adolescence -- Young Adulthood and Serodiscordant Couples -- Older Age and HIV Infection -- Part VIII. AIDS Psychiatric Treatment and Psychotherapeutic Modalities -- Psychiatric Interventions -- Social Service Interventions -- Nursing Support -- Palliative and Spiritual Care of Persons with HIV and AIDS -- Special Settings: Psychiatric Facilities, Nursing Homes, Correctional Facilities, and Homeless Outreach -- Psychopharmacologic Treatment Issues in AIDS Psychiatry -- Part IX. AIDS Psychiatry and Comorbid Medical Conditions -- Hepatitis C and HIV Coinfection -- HIV-Associated Nephropathy, End-Stage Renal Disease, Dialysis, and Kidney Transplant -- Endocrine Comorbidities in Persons with HIV -- Lipodystrophy, Metabolic Disorders, and Cardiovascular Disorders in Persons with HIV -- Overview of HIV-Associated Comorbidities -- Part X. Ethical and Health Policy Aspects of AIDS Psychiatry -- Burnout, Occupational Hazards, and Health Care Workers with HIV -- End-of-Life Issues -- Ethical Issues, Advance Directives, and Surrogate Decision-Making -- Health Services and Policy Issues in AIDS Psychiatry.
- Cortical deficits in schizophrenia 2008, SpringerSchizophrenia genes: searching for common features, functions, and mechanisms -- Towards a molecular classification of illness: effects of schizophrenia susceptibility loci on clinical symptoms and cognitive function -- Homer: a genetic factor in schizophrenia? -- Neuroregulin-erbB signaling and the pathogenesis of schizophrenia -- Nicotinic cholinergic cortical dysfunction in schizophrenia -- Role for glutamate receptors, transporters, and interacting proteins in cortical dysfunction in schizophrenia -- Cortical circuit dysfunction in the NMDA receptor hypofunction model for the psychosis of schizophrenia -- Alterations in hippocampal function in schizophrenia: its genetic associations and systems implications -- Identifying novel target genes in psychotic disorder network association analyses -- Alterations in cortical GABA neurotransmission in schizophrenia: causes and consequences -- Increased cortical excitability as a critical element in schizophrenia pathophysiology.
- Counseling problem gamblers 2002, ScienceDirect
- Cross-cultural assessment of psychological trauma and PTSD 2007, Springer
- Cultural psychiatry 2013, KargerCultural Psychiatry with emphasis on its impact on etio-pathogenesis, diagnosis, clinical practice, preventive and research activities are topics discussed in this publication which give readers a general conceptual perspective of this field. Cultural aspects of psychiatric diagnosis in DSM-5 in particular and the current status of Cultural Psychiatry in European countries are discussed. Of unique importance to the field of psychosomatics are the reviews on so-called culture-bound syndromes and somatization and culture. Ethnopsychopharmacology, pharmacogenomics, current and future research per
- Current antipsychotics 2012, Springer"Six decades after the serendipitous discovery of chlorpromazine as an antipsychotic and four decades after the launch of clozapine, the first atypical or second generation antipsychotic, psychopharmacology has arrived at an important crossroad. It is clear that pharmacological research and pharmaceutical development must now focus on complementary or even alternative mechanisms of action to address unmet medical needs, i.e. poorly treated domains of schizophrenia, improved acceptance by patients, better adherence to medication, safety in psychoses in demented patients, and avoiding cardiac and metabolic adverse effects. The first completely novel mechanisms evolving from our insights into the pathophysiology of psychotic disorders, especially the role of glutamatergic mechanisms in schizophrenia, are now under development, and further principles are on the horizon. This situation, in many respects similar to that when the initial second-generation antipsychotics became available, can be rewarding for all. Preclinical and clinical researchers now have the opportunity to confirm their hypotheses and the pharmaceutical industry may be able to develop really novel classes of therapeutics...Our intention was to capture both the accumulated preclinical and clinical knowledge about current antipsychotics as well as prospects for new and potentially more specific antischizophrenia principles. These efforts should be based on the pathophysiology of the diseases and the affected neurotransmitter systems. Since preclinical research on antipsychotic compounds is only reliable when intimately linked through translational aspects to clinical results, we decided to include clinical science as well. It turned out that that this endeavor could not be covered by a single volume. We [prepared] two volumes: Current Antipsychotics and Novel Antischizophrenia Treatments. These topics cannot really be separated from one another and should be seen as a composite entity despite the somewhat arbitrary separation of contributions into two volumes. The continuing challenges of developing improved and safer antipsychotic medications remain of concern and are discussed in the first volume. The new opportunities for the field to develop and license adjunctive treatments for the negative symptoms and cognitive deficits that are treated inadequately by existing compounds have been incentivized recently and provide the focus for the second volume."--Publisher's description.
- Current diagnosis & treatment psychiatry. 2nd ed. 2008, AccessMedicineClinical decision making in psychiatry / Barry Nurcombe -- Psychiatric epidemiology / Dan G. Blazer -- Psychiatric genetics / John I. Nurnberger, Jr. & Wade Berrettini -- The psychiatric interview / Barry Nurcombe & Michael H. Ebert -- Diagnostic encounter for children and adolescents / Barry Nurcombe -- Psychological and neuropsychological assessment / James S. Walker, Howard B. Roback, & Larry Welch -- Diagnostic evaluation for children and adolescents / Barry Nurcombe & Michael G. Tramontana -- Developmental psychology / Kenneth A. Dodge -- Psychopharmacologic interventions / Richard C. Shelton -- Behavioral and cognitive-behavioral interventions / Travis Thompson & Steven D. Hollon -- Psychodynamic and social interventions / James I. Nash & James W. Lomax -- Diagnostic formulation, treatment planning, and modes of treatment in children and adolescents / Barry Nurcombe -- Preventive psychiatry / Barry Nurcombe -- Delirium, dementia, and amnestic syndromes / Joseph A. Kwentus & Howard Kirshner -- Substance-related disorders / Richard C. Shelton -- Schizophrenia / Herbert Y. Meltzer ... [et al.] -- Other psychotic disorders / Richard C. Shelton -- Mood disorders / Peter T. Loosen & Richard C. Shelton -- Anxiety disorders / Richard C. Shelton -- Posttraumatic stress disorder and acute stress disorder / Douglas C. Johnson, John H. Krystal, & Steven M. Southwick -- Obsessive-compulsive disorder / William A. Hewlett -- Somatoform disorders / Charles V. Ford -- Factitious disorders and malingering / Charles V. Ford -- Dissociative disorders / Barry Nurcombe -- Sexual dysfunction and paraphilias / Richard Balon & R. Taylor Segraves -- Eating disorders / Harry E. Gwirtsman, James E. Mitchell, & Michael H. Ebert -- Sleep disorders / Camellia P. Clark, Polly J. Moore, & J. Christian Gillin -- Impulse-control disorders / John W. Thompson, Jr. & Daniel K. Winstead -- Adjustment disorders / Ronald M. Salomon & Lucy Salomon -- Personality disorders / David Janowsky -- Intellectual disability / Ludwik S. Szymanski, Sandra L. Friedman, & Elizabeth L. Leonard -- Learning disorders / Michael G. Tramontana -- Motor skills disorder and communication disorders / Michael G. Tramontana & Barry Nurcombe -- Autism and pervasive developmental disorders / Fred R. Volkmar -- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder / Thomas Spencer -- Oppositional defiant disorder and conduct disorder / Barry Nurcombe -- Substance-related disorders in adolescents / Yifrah Kaminer & Deborah R. Simkin -- Depressive disorders in children and adolescents / David A. Brent & Lisa Pan -- Pediatric bipolar disorder / David A. Brent & Raymond J. Pan -- Suicidal behavior in children and adolescents / Robert A. King -- Anxiety disorders in children and adolescents / Barry Nurcombe -- Child maltreatment / William Bernet -- Posttraumatic stress disorder in children and adolescents following a single-event trauma / Brett McDermott -- Tourette disorder and obsessive-compulsive disorder in children and adolescents / Michael H. Bloch & James F. Leckman -- Developmental disorders of attachment, feeding, elimination, and sleeping / Barry Nurcombe -- Gender identity disorder / William Bernet -- Psychological reactions to acute and chronic systemic illness in pediatric patients / Barry Nurcombe -- Emergency psychiatry / Michael J. Sernyak, Jr. & Robert M. Rohrbaugh -- Consultation-liaison psychiatry / Catherine Chiles & Thomas N. Wise -- Forensic psychiatry / William Bernet.
- Current schizophrenia. 2nd ed. 2009, Springer
- Deep brain stimulation 2012, SpringerBasic Principles of Deep Brain Stimulation /F. L. H. Gielen and G. C. Molnar --Neural Circuits Affected by Deep Brain Stimulation for the Treatment of Psychiatric Disorders /Suzanne N. Haber and Benjamin D. Greenberg --Mechanisms of Action of Deep Brain Stimulation for the Treatment of Psychiatric Disorders /J. Luis Lujan and Cameron C. McIntyre --Deep Brain Stimulation in the Ventral Capsule/Ventral Striatum for the Treatment of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder: Role of the Bed Nucleus of the Stria Terminalis /Loes Gabriëls and Bart Nuttin --Deep Brain Stimulation in Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder Targeted at the Nucleus Accumbens /Pelle P. de Koning, Pepijn van den Munckhof, Martijn Figee, Rick Schuurman and Damiaan Denys --What is the Role of the Subthalamic Nucleus in Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder? Elements and Insights from Deep Brain Stimulation Studies /William I. A. Haynes and Luc Mallet --Obsessive-Compulsive Disorders in Animals /Christine Winter --Subcallosal Cingulate Cortex Deep Brain Stimulation for the Treatment of Refractory Mood Disorders: Evidence and Challenges /Peter Giacobbe, Nir Lipsman and Andres M. Lozano --Deep Brain Stimulation of the Human Reward System as a Putative Treatment for Refractory Major Depression /T. E. Schlaepfer, V. A. Coenen and B. H. Bewernick --Depression in Humans: The Ventral Capsule/Ventral Striatum /Mayur Pandya, Andre Machado and Donald Malone --Deep Brain Stimulation in Animal Models of Depression /Brian W. Scott, José N. Nobrega and Clement Hamani --Deep Brain Stimulation in Tourette Syndrome /L. Ackermans, I. Neuner, J. Kuhn and V. Visser-Vandewalle --Surgical Treatments for Drug Addictions in Humans /Bomin Sun and Wei Liu --Manipulating Addictive Behaviour in Animal Models /Rolinka M. C. Schippers, Tommy Pattij and Taco J. De Vries --Neuropsychiatric Side Effects of Deep Brain Stimulation in Parkinson's Disease /Christine Daniels and Jens Volkmann --Psychiatric Aspects of Parkinson's Disease in Animal Models of Deep Brain Stimulation of the Subthalamic Nucleus /S. K. H. Tan, H. Hartung, V. Visser-Vandewalle, T. Sharp and Y. Temel --Scientific Recordings in Deep Brain Stimulation /Michael X. Cohen --Neurotransmitter Release During Deep Brain Stimulation /Osama A. Abulseoud, Emily J. Knight and Kendall H. Lee --The Potential Role of Nonneuronal Cells in the Deep Brain Stimulation Mechanism: What Are Glia? What Are Their Functions? Could They Be Players in Deep Brain Stimulation? /Vinata Vedam-Mai, Michael S. Okun and Elly M. Hol --Animal Studies in Deep Brain Stimulation Research /Matthijs G. P. Feenstra and Damiaan Denys --Neuroimaging Deep Brain Stimulation in Psychiatric Disorders /Martijn Figee, Pepijn van den Munckhof, Rick Schuurman and Damiaan Denys --Optogenetic Strategies for the Treatment of Neuropsychiatric Disorders: Circuit-Function Analysis and Clinical Implications /Daniel L. Albaugh and Garret D. Stuber --Next-Generation Electrodes for Steering Brain Stimulation /H. C. F. Martens, M. M. J. Decré and E. Toader --Future Applications: Nanotechniques /Russell J. Andrews, Jessica E. Koehne and Meyya Meyyappan --Ethical Guidance for the Use of Deep Brain Stimulation in Psychiatric Trials and Emerging Uses: Review and Reflections /Emily Bell and Eric Racine --History of "Psychiatric" Deep Brain Stimulation: A Critical Appraisal /Marwan I. Hariz.
- Depression and globalization 2008, Springer
- Depression in Latinos 2008, SpringerDepression ranks as a leading mental health problem among Hispanic immigrants and their US-born children. And a wide array of issues - starting with the widespread stereotype of the "illegal immigrant" - makes the Latino experience of this condition differ from that of any other group. Depression in Latinos consolidates the conceptual, diagnostic, and clinical knowledge base on this salient topic, providing coverage from prevalence to prevention, from efficient screening to effective interventions. In this concise yet comprehensive volume, leading clinicians, researchers, and academics offer extensive research and clinical findings, literature reviews (e.g., an in-depth chapter on the Mexican American Prevalence and Services Survey), and insights gathered from first-hand experience in clinical practice. Perceptive information is offered on the most urgent and complex issues on depression in this diverse and dynamic population, including: (1) the impact language, culture, and societal factors have on depression and its diagnosis; (2) the most relevant assessment instruments; (3) how depression manifests among Latino children, youth, and seniors as well as in Latinas; (4) the relationship between depression and substance abuse; (5) the most effective evidence-based treatment methods; and (6) the efficacy of interventions for depression at the community level.
- Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders. DSM-5. 5th ed. 2013, PsychiatryOnlineSection 1. DSM-5 basics. Introduction -- Use of the manual -- Cautionary statement for forensic use of DSM-5 -- Section 2. Diagnostic criteria and codes. Neurodevelopmental disorders -- Schizophrenia spectrum and other psychotic disorders -- Bipolar and related disorders -- Depressive disorders -- Anxiety disorders -- Obsessive-compulsive and related disorders -- Dissociative disorders -- Somatic symptom and related disorders -- Feeding and eating disorders -- Elimination disorders -- Sleep-wake disorders -- Sexual dysfunctions -- Gender dysphoria -- Disruptive, impulse-control, and conduct disorders -- Substance-related and addictive disorders -- Neurocognitive disorders -- Personality disorders -- Paraphilic disorders -- Other mental disorders -- Medication-induced movement disorders and other adverse effect of medication -- Other conditions that may be a focus of clinical attention -- Section 3. Emerging measures and models. Assessment measures -- Cultural formulation -- Alternative DSM-5 Model for Personality Disorders -- Conditions for further study -- Appendix. Highlights of changes from DSM-IV to DSM-5 -- Glossary of technical terms -- Alphabetic listing of DSM-5 diagnoses and codes (ICD-9-CM and ICD-10-CM) -- Numerical listing of DSM-5 diagnoses and codes (ICD-9-CM) -- Numerical listing of DSM-5 diagnoses and codes (ICD-10-CM) -- DSM-5 advisors and other contributors.
- Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders. DSM-IV-TR. 4th ed., text rev. 2000, PsychiatryOnline
- Diagnostic interviewing. 4th ed. 2010, SpringerBasic issues in interviewing and the interview process /Daniel L. Segal, Andrea June, and Meghan A. Marty --Interviewing strategies. rapport, and empathy /Catherine Miller --Presenting problem, history of presenting problem, and social history /Philinda Smith Hutchings and Thomas B. Virden --Mental status examination /Michael Daniel and Jessica Gurczynski --Dealing with defense and defensiveness in interviews /Steven N. Gold and Yenys Castillo --Consideration of neuropsychological factors in interviewing /Brian Yochim --Anxiety disorders /Rose C. Smith ... [et al.] --Mood disorders /Leilani Feliciano and Amber M. Gum --Schizophrenia /Wendy N. Tenhula and Jason Peer --Personality disorders /Brian P. O'Connor and Edouard S. St. Pierre --Alcohol problems /David C. Hodgins, Katherine Diskin, and Jonathan N. Stea --Drug abuse /Jessica F. Magidson, Marina A. Bornovalova, and Stacey B. Daughters --Sexual dysfunctions and deviations /Caroline F. Pukall, Marta Meana, and Yolanda Fernandez --Eating disorders /Risa J. Stein, Ryan D. Field, and John P. Foreyt --Psychophysiological disorders /Ivan R. Molton and Katherine A. Raichle --Posttraumatic stress disorder /Erin Smith and Sheila A.M. Rauch --Marital dyads /William Fals-Stewart, Wendy K.K. Lam, and Michelle L. Kelley --Children /Mary Ashton Phillips and Alan M. Gross --Sexually and physically abused children /Grace S. Hubel, Mary Fran Flood, and David J. Hansen --Older adults /Christine Gould, Barry A. Edelstein, and Caroline Ciliberti --Interviewing inheathh psychology and medical settings /Jay M. Behel and Bruce Rybarczyk.
- Dictionary of hallucinations 2010, Springer
- Dopamine and glutamate in psychiatric disorders 2005, SpringerI. Dopamine -- Dopamine Receptors / Kim A. Neve -- Dopamine Receptor Alternative Splicing / Neil M. Richtand, Laurel M. Pritchard and Lique M. Coolen -- II. Glutamate -- Glutamatergic Pathways : Their Relevance for Psychiatric Diseases / Yoland Smith -- Glutamate Receptors : Ionotropic / Daniel T. Monaghan, Julia C. A. More, Bihua Feng and David E. Jane -- Metabotropic Glutamate Receptors / Krystyna Ossowska -- III. Schizophrenia -- Dopamine and Schizophrenia / Bart A. Ellenbroek -- Glutamate and Schizophrenia and the N-Methyl-d-Aspartate Receptor Hypofunction Hypothesis / Stefan Bleich and Johannes Kornhuber -- Role of Glycine in Schizophrenia / Beate D. Kretschmer -- IV. Depression -- Dopamine and Depression / Phil Skolnick -- Glutamate and Depression / Joaquín Del Río and Diana Frechilla -- V. Stress and Aggression -- Dopamine, Glutamate, and Aggression / Klaus A. Miczek and Eric W. Fish -- VI. Anxiety -- Glutamatergic Systems and Anxiety / David N. Stephens -- VII. Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder -- Dopamine and Glutamate in Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder / James M. Swanson, Nora D. Volkow, Jeffrey Newcorn, B. J. Casey and Robert Moyzis, et al. -- VIII. Addiction -- Dopamine-Glutamate Interactions in Reward-Related Incentive Learning / Richard J. Beninger and Todor V. Gerdjikov -- Sensitization and Relapse : Dopamine-Glutamate Interactions / David A. Baker and Peter W. Kalivas -- Glutamatergic Neurotransmission in Sensitization / Thomas M. Tzschentke -- Glutamatergic Mechanisms of Drug Relapse : Withdrawal and Conditioning Factors / Anton Y. Bespalov and Robert L. Balster -- IX. Neurodegeneration -- Dopamine and Neurodegeneration / Gabriele Gille and Peter Riederer -- Glutamate and Neurodegeneration / Antonello Novelli, Marcos Pérez-Basterrechea and Maria Teresa Fernández-Sánchez -- X. Parkinson's Disease -- Presymptomatic and Symptomatic Stages of Intracerebral Inclusion Body Pathology in Idiopathic Parkinson's Disease / Heiko Braak and Kelly Del Tredici -- Dopamine and Glutamate in Parkinson's Disease : Biochemistry, Clinical Aspects, and Treatment / Heinz Reichmann, Bernd Janetzky and Peter Riederer -- Dopamine and Glutamate in Motor and Cognitive Symptoms of Parkinson's Disease / Werner J. Schmidt -- XI. Huntington's Disease -- Dopamine and Glutamate in Huntington's Disease / Carlos Cepeda, Marjorie A. Ariano and Michael S. Levine -- XII. Dementias -- Dopaminergic and Glutamatergic Systems in Alzheimer's Disease / Paul T. Francis.
- DSM cases 2005, PsychiatryOnline
- DSM-IV-TR 2000, PsychiatryOnline
- DSM-IV-TR handbook of differential diagnosis. 1st ed. 2002, PsychiatryOnline
- DSM-V 2013, PsychiatryOnlineSection 1. DSM-5 basics. Introduction -- Use of the manual -- Cautionary statement for forensic use of DSM-5 -- Section 2. Diagnostic criteria and codes. Neurodevelopmental disorders -- Schizophrenia spectrum and other psychotic disorders -- Bipolar and related disorders -- Depressive disorders -- Anxiety disorders -- Obsessive-compulsive and related disorders -- Dissociative disorders -- Somatic symptom and related disorders -- Feeding and eating disorders -- Elimination disorders -- Sleep-wake disorders -- Sexual dysfunctions -- Gender dysphoria -- Disruptive, impulse-control, and conduct disorders -- Substance-related and addictive disorders -- Neurocognitive disorders -- Personality disorders -- Paraphilic disorders -- Other mental disorders -- Medication-induced movement disorders and other adverse effect of medication -- Other conditions that may be a focus of clinical attention -- Section 3. Emerging measures and models. Assessment measures -- Cultural formulation -- Alternative DSM-5 Model for Personality Disorders -- Conditions for further study -- Appendix. Highlights of changes from DSM-IV to DSM-5 -- Glossary of technical terms -- Alphabetic listing of DSM-5 diagnoses and codes (ICD-9-CM and ICD-10-CM) -- Numerical listing of DSM-5 diagnoses and codes (ICD-9-CM) -- Numerical listing of DSM-5 diagnoses and codes (ICD-10-CM) -- DSM-5 advisors and other contributors.
- Dulcan's Textbook of child and adolescent psychiatry. 1st ed. 2010, PsychiatryOnlineAssessing infants and toddlers -- Assessing the preschool-age child -- Assessing the elementary school-age child -- Assessing adolescents -- Classification of psychiatric disorders -- The process of assessment and diagnosis -- Diagnostic interviews -- Rating scales -- Pediatric evaluation and laboratory testing -- Neurological examination, electroencephalography, and neuroimaging -- Psychological and neuropsychological testing -- Intellectual disability (mental retardation) -- Autism spectrum disorders -- Developmental disorders of learning, communication, and motor skills -- Attention-deficity/hyperactivity disorder -- Oppositional defiant disorder and conduct disorder -- Substance abuse and addictions -- Depression and dysthmyia -- Biopolar disorder -- Generalized anxiety disorder, specific phobia, panic disorder, social phobia, and selective mutism -- Separation anxiety disorder and school refusal -- Posttraumatic stress disorder -- Obsessive-compulsive disorder -- Early-onset schizophrenia -- Obesity -- Anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa -- Tic disorders -- Elimination disorders -- Sleep disorders -- Evidence-based practices -- Child abuse and neglect -- HIV and AIDS -- Bereavement and traumatic grief -- Ethnic, cultural, and religious issues -- Youth suicide - Gender identity and sexual orientation -- Aggression and violence -- Genetics: fundamentals relevant to child and adolescent psychiatry -- Psychiatric emergencies -- Family transitions: challenges and resilience -- Psychiatric aspects of chronic physical disorders -- Children of parents with psychiatric and substance abuse disorders -- Legal and ethical issues --; Telepsychiatry -- Principles of psychopharmacology -- Medications used for attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder -- Antidepressants -- Mood stabilizers -- Antipsychotic medications -- Apha-adrenergics, beta-blockers, benzodiazepines, buspirone, and desmopressin - Medications used for sleep -- Electroconvulsive therapy, transcranial magnetic stimulation, and deep brain stimulation -- Individual psychotherapy -- Parent counseling, psychoeducation, and parent support groups -- Behavioral parent training --- Family therapy - Interpersonal psychotherapy for depressed adolescents -- Cognitive-behavioral treatment for anxiety disorders -- Cognitive-behavioral therapy for depression - Motivational interviewing -- System of care, wraparound services,and home-based services -- Milieu treatment: inpatient, partial hospitalization, and residential programs -- School-based interventions -- Collaborating with primary care -- Juvenile justice.
- Early intervention for autism spectrum disorders 2006, ScienceDirect
- Embitterment 2011, SpringerFeatures of embitterment --Embitterment -- a larger perspective on a forgotten emotion /Hansjö̲rg Znoj --Hope and embitterment /Beate Schrank, Astrid Grant Hay --Embitterment -- from the perspective of justice psychology /Claudia Dalbert --Revenge after trauma; theoretical outline /Ira Gäbler, Andreas Maercker --"She looks back without bitterness": Wisdom as a developmental opposite of embitterment /Judith Glück --Personality as risk and resilience in embitterment reactions /Anja Dodek, Sven Barnow --Neurobiological correlates of social exclusion and social pain /Anna K. Berkefeld, Dieter F. Brauss --Context of embitterment --Relationships and embitterment /Kurt Hahlweg, Donald H. Baucom --Self-regulation of bitterness across the lifespan /Carsten Wrosch, Jesse Renaud --Cancer patients: loss of meaning, demoralization and embitterment /Anja Mehnert, Sigrun Vehling --Embitterment and the workplace /Beate Muschalla, Michael Linden --Embittermenta in Asia: losing face, inequality and alienation under historical and modern perspectives /Changsu Han --Embitterment and personality disorder /Max Rotter --Context of embitterment --Embitterment syndrome: options for psychopharmacological management /Borwin Bandelow --Forgiveness therapy to treat embitterment: a review of relevant research /Nathaniel G. Wade, Brian C. Post, Marilyn A. Cornish --Wisdom psychotherapy /Barbara Lieberei, Michael LInden --Embitterment and forgiveness in the context of the conflict in Northern Ireland /Ed Cairns, Miles Hewstone --Classification of embitterment --PTSD and beyond: embitterment and relevant concepts of nosology /Andreas Maercker --Embitterment in suicide and homicide-sucide /Kenneth R. Conner, Robert L. Weisman --Should embitterment be included among mental disorders? /Norman Sartorius --Posttraumatic embitterment disorder, PTED /Michael Linden --Classification of "reactive" mental disorders in ICD and DSM /Michael B. First --Contextual facators and reacative disorders in the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health /Cille Kennedy, T. Bedirhan Üstün --Reactive mental disorders: stressors, personality and symptoms /Patricia Casey.
- Essentials of sleep medicine 2012, Springer
- Estrogen effects in psychiatric disorders 2005, Springer
- Ethical issues in prison psychiatry 2013, SpringerRecent surveys demonstrate a high and possibly increasing prevalence of mental disorders in prisoners. They have an increased risk of suffering from a mental disorder that transcends countries and diagnoses. Ethical dilemmas in prison psychiatry arise from resource allocation and include issues of patient choice and autonomy in an inherently coercive environment. Ethical conflicts may arise from the dual role of forensic psychiatrists giving raise to tensions between patient care/protection of the public. This book describes models and ethical issues of psychiatric healthcare in prison in several countries. Relevant issues are: the professional medical role of a psychiatrist and/or psychotherapist working in prison, the involvement of psychiatrists in disciplinary or coercive measures; consent to treatment, the use of coercion in forcing a prisoner to undergo treatment, hunger strike, confidentiality. The book ends with consensus guidelines concerning good practice in Prison Psychiatry.
- Ethics and intersex 2006, Springer"This collection of 21 articles is designed to serve as a state-of-the art reference book for intersexuals, their parents, health care professionals, ethics committee members and anyone interested in problems associated with intersexuality. It fills an important need because of its uniqueness as an interdisciplinary effort, bringing together not just urologists and endocrinologists, but gynecologists, psychiatrists, psychologists lawyers, theologians, gender theorists, medical historians, and philosophers."--Jacket.
- Ethics in psychiatry 2010, Springerpt. 1. The context -- pt. 2. Principles of ethics in psychiatry -- pt. 3. The applications of the ethical principles in psychiatric practice and research -- pt. 4. Non-medical uses of psychiatry -- pt. 5. Teaching ethics in psychiatry -- pt. 6. Conclusions and summary.
- Ethics of screening in health care and medicine 2012, Springer
- Evaluating and treating adolescent suicide attempters 2003, ScienceDirect
- Evidence-based practices in autism: Where we started / Brian Reichow and Fred R. Volkmar -- Development, procedures, and application of the evaluative method for determining evidence-based practices in autism / Brian Reichow -- On the reliability and accuracy of the evaluative method for identifying evidence-based practices in autism / Domenic V. Cicchetti -- evidence-based treatment of behavioral excesses and deficits for individuals with autism spectrum disorders / Michael D. Powers, Mark J. Palmieri, Kristen S. D'Eramo, and Kristen M. Powers -- Evidence-based treatments in communication for children with autism spectrum disorders / Patricia A. Prelock, Rhea Paul, and Elizabeth M. Allen -- Treatments to increase social awareness and social skills / Suzannah J. Ferraioli and Sandra L. Harris -- Cognitive behavioral therapy in high-functioning autism: Review and recommendations for treatment development / Jeffrey J. Wood, Cori Fujii, and Patricia Renno -- Psychopharmacology in children with PDD: Review of current evidence / Lawrence Scahill and Susan Griebell Boorin -- Interventions that address sensory dysfunction for individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders: Preliminary evidence for the superiority of sensory integration compared to other sensory approaches / Roseann C. Schaaf -- Dietary, complementary, and alternative therapies / Susan L. Hyman and Susan E. Levy -- The role of adaptive behavior in evidence-based practices for ASD: Translating intervention into functional success / Katherine D. Tsatsanis, Celine Saulnier, Sara S. Sparrow, and Domenic V. Cicchetti -- Practicing evidence-based practices / Ruth Blennerhassett Eren and Pamela Owen Brucker -- The implementation of evidence-based practices in public schools / Peter Doehring and Vincent Winterling -- Evidence-based practices in autism: Where we are now and where we need to go / Fred R. Volkmar, Brian Reichow, and Peter Doehring.
- Excited delirium syndrome 2006, CRCnetBASEA suspect, prisoner, or psychiatric patient becomes violent. The officer or hospital staff struggle to control the person, sometimes with a choke hold or hog tying. Shortly afterward, the patient dies. This illustrates excited delirium syndrome, a condition in which normal physiological changes produced by violent activity culminate in sudden cardiac death. This book discusses the effects of both legal medication and drugs of abuse on the cardiovascular system. The authors also discuss the effects of underlying disease and prevention of the syndrome, the role of the mental health professional, and the "high-risk" individual.
- First responder's guide to abnormal psychology 2007, SpringerIntroduction -- The role and importance of first responders to dealing with psychologically disordered individuals -- Normal vs. abnormal behavior: a continuum -- Key mental health issues in the criminal justice and emergency medical systems -- Disorders of the brain and central nervous system -- The psychotic disorders -- The mood disorders -- The anxiety, somatoform and dissociative disorders -- The personality disorders -- The substance use disorders -- Crisis, terrorism and trauma-based disorders -- Therapeutic justice -- Mental disorders in youth -- Index.
- Following Charcot 2011, KargerShedding new light on the birth of neurology and psychiatry.
- Forensic psychiatry 2006, SpringerOrganizations as evil structures / Dave Holmes and Cary Federman -- The psychopharmaceutical complex / Brian Kean -- Intention, excuse, and insanity / Tamas Pataki -- An archaeology of the "psychopath": the medicalization of evil / Tom Mason -- The comforts of evil: dangerous personalities in high-security hospitals and the horror film / Mick McKeown and Mark Stowell-Smith -- Madness, badness, and evil / Deidre N. Greig -- Destruction as a constructive choice / David A. Winter --Violence as secular evil: forensic evaluation and treatment of violent offenders from the viewpoint of existential depth psychology / Stephen A. Diamond -- Scapegoat, spectacle, and confessional: close encounters with sex offenders and other species of dangerous individuals / Dave Mercer and Joel Richman -- The villification of victimized children in historical perspective / Victoria Van Slyke -- Evil: a clinical perspective / J. David Kinzie -- Capacities and dispositions: what psychiatry and psychology have to say about evil / Gwen Adshead -- Should radical evil be forgiven? / Marguerita La Caze -- Mad, bad, and evil: psychiatry, psychoanalysis, and evil / Michael Levine -- Talking about evil, even when it's not supposed to exist / C. Fred Alford -- The influence of evil on forensic clinical practice / Tom Mason, Joel Richman, and Dave Mercer -- Hope in the face of evil / Geri Miller and Ron Hood.
- Gabbard's Treatments of psychiatric disorders. 4th ed. 2007, PsychiatryOnlineMood disorders and suicidal behavior -- Anxiety disorders in children and adolescents -- Obsessvie-compulsive disorder in children -- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder -- Conduct disorder -- Autistic disorders -- Psychiatric disorders in persons with intellectual disability -- Learning disorders -- Tic disorders -- Delirium due to a general medical condition, delirium due to multiple etiologies, and delirium not otherwise specified -- Dementia due to other general medical conditions and dementia due to multiple etiologies -- Amnestic disorder due to a general medical condition and amnestic disorder not otherwise specified -- Alcohol and other depressant drugs -- Pharmacological treatments for opioid addiction -- The hallucinogens, marijuana, and club drugs -- Stimulants and related drugs -- Individual therapy for substance abuse disorders -- Cognitive, behavioral, and motivational therapies for substance abuse disorders -- Group and family treatments for substance abuse -- Clinical psychopharmacology and cognitive remediation -- Individual and family psychotherapies -- Psychiatric rehabilitation -- Antidepressant and antimanic medications -- Depression-focused psychotherapies -- Psychodynamic psychotherapy of depression -- Combined medication and psychotherapy -- Convulsive and other somatic therapies -- Light therapy -- Panic disorder -- Social anxiety disorder and specific phobias -- Obsessive-compulsive disorder -- Posttraumatic stress disorder and acute stress disorder -- Generalized anxiety disorder -- Dissociative disorders and depersonalization -- Adjustment disorder -- Somatization disorder and undifferentiated somatoform disorder -- Conversion disorder -- Pain disorders -- Body dysmorphic disorder -- Hypochondriasis -- Factitious disorder and malingering -- Sexual dysfunctions -- Pedophilia -- Paraphilias and paraphilia-like disorders -- Gender identity disorder in children, adolescents, and adults -- Intensive treatments -- Psychopharmacological treatment -- Evidence-based and innovative psychological treatments -- Family therapy and marital therapy -- Cluster A personality disorders: paranoid, schizoid, and schizotypal -- Antisocial personality disorder -- Narcissistic personality disorder -- Borderline personality disorder -- Histrionic personality disorder -- Cluster C personality disorder: avioidant, obessive-compulsive, and dependent -- Sleep disorders -- Impulse-control disorders.
- Genes, memes, culture, and mental illness 2010, SpringerGenes and mental illness -- How does stress work? the role of memes in epigenesis -- Culture and mental illness -- Genetic-memetic model of mental illness-migration and natural disasters as illustrations -- What do we inherit from our parents and ancestors? -- Genes -- Evolution -- Learning, imitation, and memes -- Storage and evolution of memes in the brain -- External storage of memes: culture, media, cyberspace -- Culture and the individual -- What is mental health -- What is mental illness? -- Psychiatric diagnosis: toward a memetic-epigenetic multiaxial model -- Memetic diagnosis, memetic assessment and biopsychosocial epigenetic formulation -- Principles of memetic therapy -- Broad-spectrum memetic therapy -- Specific memetic therapies -- Genetic-memetic prevention -- Overview of specific syndromes -- Attention-cognition spectrum syndromes: delirium, dementia, impulse control syndromes, ADHD, antisocial personality, obsessive-compulsive personality traits, obsessive-compulsive syndrome -- Anxiety-mood spectrum syndromes: anxiety, panic, phobias, ASD, PTSD, borderline syndrome, dependent and avoidant personalities, social phobia, bipolarity and mania, depression-neurotic and syndromic, adjustment disorders -- Reality perception spectrum syndromes (imagination, dissociation, conversion, somatoform, misattribution somatization, psychosis) -- Pleasure spectrum syndromes (substance use/abuse, additions to substances and beliefs, fanaticism) -- Primary memetic syndromes: eating disorders, factitious disorders, malingering, meme-directed destructive behaviors -- Challenges for the future.
- Genetic models of schizophrenia 2009, ScienceDirect
- Genetics of mental retardation 2010, KargerA parent's perspective / Gregory, J.P. -- Mental retardation : definition, classification, and etiology / Regan, R., Willatt, L. -- Technological advances in the molecular cytogenetic diagnosis of mental retardation : telomere testing and genome-wide array analysis / Kaminsky, E.B., Martin, C.L -- The importance of genome architecture in mental retardation / Mefford, H.C -- The clinical evaluation of patients with mental retardation/intellectual disability / Romano, C. -- Database aids for the evaluation of mental retardation / Firth, H.V. Carter, N.P. -- 3D shape and molecular analyses of facial dysmorphology associated with cognitive impairment / Hammond, P., Tassabehji, M. -- Monogenic causes of mental retardation / Raymond, F.L. -- Newly recognized mental retardation microdeletion/duplication syndromes -- Koolen, D.A., de Vries, B.B.A. -- Mendelian CNVs causing mental retardation and developmental disorders -- Vermeesch, J.R., de Ravel, T.J.L. -- Genetic overlaps in mental retardation, autism, and schizophrenia / Kooy, R.F. ... [et al.] -- Chromosome 22q13 rearrangements causing global developmental delay and autistic spectrum Disorder / Bonaglia, M.C. ... [et al.] -- Translating genetics research into a national health service clinical diagnostic environment / Taylor, J.
- Glutamate-based therapies for psychiatric disorders 2010, SpringerN-Methyl-d-Aspartate (NMDA) Antagonists for the Treatment of Depression / Phil Skolnick, Piotr Popik and Ramon Trullas -- Ionic Glutamate Modulators in Depression (Zinc, Magnesium) / Bernadeta Szewczyk, Ewa Poleszak, Andrzej Pilc and Gabriel Nowak -- Positive Allosteric Modulation of AMPA Receptors: A Novel Potential Antidepressant Therapy / Eric S. Nisenbaum and Jeffrey M. Witkin -- Glutamatergic Modulators for the Treatment of Major Depressive Disorder: Metabotropic Glutamate Receptors / Jeffrey M. Witkin -- Positive Modulation of AMPA Receptors as a Broad-Spectrum Strategy for Treating Neuropsychiatric Disorders / Gary Lynch, Julie C. Lauterborn and Christine M. Gall -- Activation of Group II Metabotropic Glutamate Receptors (mGluR2 and mGluR3) as a Novel Approach for Treatment of Schizophrenia / Douglas J. Sheffler and P. Jeffrey Conn -- mGluR1 Negative Allosteric Modulators: An Alternative Metabotropic Approach for the Treatment of Schizophrenia / Hisashi Ohta, Hiroshi Kawamoto and Gentaroh Suzuki -- Metabotropic Glutamate Receptors as Targets for the Treatment of Drug and Alcohol Dependence / Svetlana Semenova and Athina Markou -- Metabotropic Approaches to Anxiety / Joanna M. Wieronska, Gabriel Nowak and Andrzej Pilc.
- Guide to neuropsychiatric therapeutics 2007, OvidApathy and related disorders of diminished motivation -- Delirium -- Cognitive impairment -- Global cognitive impairment : the dementias -- Disturbances of mood, affect, and emotion -- Anxiety -- Psychosis in neuropsychiatric disorders -- Nonepileptic seizures -- Parkinsonian movement disorders -- Hyperkinetic movement disorders -- Changes in personality -- Pain -- Sleep disorders -- Unexplained neuropsychiatric symptoms -- Intellectual disabilities of developmental onset -- Agitation and aggression -- Forensic neuropsychiatry -- Rational approach to brain imaging and electrophysiology.
- Handbook of behavior genetics 2009, Springer
- Behavioral and cognitive treatments for geriatric depression: an evidence-based perspective / Kathryn S. Moss and Forrest R. Scogin -- Treating generalized anxiety in a community setting / J. Gayle Beck -- Treating of late-life generalized anxiety in primary care settings / Gretchen A. Brenes, Paula Wagener, and Melinda A. Stanley -- Cognitive-behavior therapy for late-life insomnia / Kristen C. Stone, Andrea K. Booth, and Kenneth L. Lichstein -- Relapse preventions model for older alcohol abusers / Larry W. Dupree [et al.] -- Cognitive-behavioral pain management interventions for long-term care residents with physical and cognitive disabilities / P. Andrew Clifford [et al.] -- Reducing psychosocial distress in family caregivers / Ann M. Steffen, Judith R. Gant, and Dolores Gallagher-Thompson -- Integrated psychosocial rehabilitation and health care for older people with serious mental illness / Meghan McCarthy, Kim T. Mueser, Sarah I. Pratt -- Cognitive therapy for suicidal older adults / Gregory K. Brown, Lisa M. Brown, Sunil S. Bhar, Aaron T. Beck -- Cognitive therapy for older people with psychosis / David Kingdon, Maged Swelam, Eric Granholm -- Behavioral interventions to improve management of overweight, obesity, and diabetes in patients with schzophrenia / Christine L. McKibbin [et al.] -- Dialectical behavior therapy for personality disorders in older adults / Jennifer S. Cheavens and Thomas R. Lynch -- Treating persons with dementia in context / Jane E. Fisher [et al.] -- Cognitive-behavioral case management for depressed low-income older adults / Patricia A. Areán, George Alexopoulos, Joyce P. Chu -- Post-stroke depression and CBT with older people / Ken Laidlaw -- Cognitive-behavioral therapy for older adults with bipolar disorder / Robert Reiser [et al.] -- Meaning reconstruction in later life: toward a cognitive-constructivist approach to grief therapy / Robert A. Neimeyer, Jason M. Holland, Joseph M. Currier, Tara Mehta -- PTSD (Post-traumatic stress disorder) in later life / Lee Hyer and Amanda Sacks -- Training of geriatric mental health providers in CBT interventions for older adults / Nancy A. Pachana, Bob Knight, Michele J. Karel, Judith S. Beck -- The role of positive aging in addressing the mental health needs of older adults / R.D. Hill and E. Mansour -- How Medicare shapes behavioral health practice with older adults in the US: issues and recommendations for practitioners / Paula E. Harman-Stein and James M. Georgoulakis.
- Handbook of child and adolescent anxiety disorders 2011, SpringerPt. I.Foundations in child and adolescent anxiety.Classification of child and adolescent anxiety disorders /Dean McKay and Eric A. Storch ;Issues in differential diagnosis : phobias and phobic conditions /Marjorie Crozier, Seth J. Gillihan, and Mark B. Powers ;Issues in differential diagnosis : considering generalized anxiety disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, and posttraumatic stress disorder /Jeremy Cohen, Matthew Mychailyszyn, Cara Settipani, Sarah Crawley, and Philip C. Kendall --Pt. II.Diagnostic components in child/adolescent anxiety disorders.Cognitive behavioral models of phobias and pervasive anxiety /Brian Pilecki and Dean McKay ;Genetics of childhood and adolescent anxiety /Paul D. Arnold and Stephanie Taillefer ;Neuropsychological considerations in child and adolescent anxiety /Michael J. Larson, Mikle South, and Tricia Merkley ;Empirical approaches to the study of latent structure and classification of child and adolescent anxiety psychopathology /Amit Bernstein and Michael J. Zvolensky ;Dimensional diagnosis of anxiety in youth /Melanie W. Moretz and Dean McKay --Pt. III.Ancilliary components of child and adolescent anxiety.Differential diagnosis and comorbid ADHD in childhood /Alasdair Vance ;Comorbid and secondary depression /Margaret S. Andover, Genevieve N. Izzo, and Chris A. Kelly ;The role of disgust in childhood anxiety disorders /Melanie W. Moretz, Jon Rogove, and Dean McKay ;Emotion regulation in childhood anxiety /Marni L. Jacob, Kristel Thomassin, Diana Morelen, and Cynthia Suveg ;Emergent personality disorders among adolescents with anxiety disorders /Jeffrey G. Johnson, Jennifer L. Tackett, Candice S. Baugh, Courtney McCullough, Joel S. Sneed, Heather Lawson, and Lauren C. Johnert ;Temperament and anxiety disorders /Elizabeth C. Winter and O. Joseph Bienvenu ;Parenting and child anxiety disorders /Bryce D. McLeod, Jeffrey J. Wood, and Shelley B. Avny --Pt. IV.Psychological and pharmacological treatments of child/adolescent anxiety disorders.Specific phobias /Thompson E. Davis III and Thomas H. Ollendick ;Separation anxiety disorder /Andrew R. Eisen, Joshua M. Sussman, Talya Schmidt, Luke Mason, Lee Ann Hausler, and Rebecca Hashim ;Generalized anxiety disorder /Carl F. Weems and R. Enrique Varela ;Selective mutism /Christopher A. Kearney, Courtney Haight, and Timothy L. Day ;Social anxiety /Tracy L. Morris and Chelsea M. Ale ;Pediatric posttraumatic stress disorder /Komal Sharma-Patel, Beryl Filton, Elissa J. Brown, Deborah Zlotnik, Carole Campbell, and Jennifer Yedlin ;Obsessive-compulsive disorder /Omar Rahman, Jeannette M. Reid, Amy M. Parks, Dean McKay, and Eric A. Storch ;Pharmacological treatment for phobias and anxiety disorders /Michael H. Bloch and Joseph F. McGuire ;Pharmacological approaches to medication-resistant anxiety in children and adolescents /Justine Larson, Susan DosReis, Marisa Matthys, and Mark Riddle ;Psychopharmacological treatment of anxiety in adolescents with comorbid substance abuse /Marco A. Grados ;Combined psychological and pharmacological treatment of pediatric anxiety disorder /Hunna J. Watson --Pt. V.Special populations and additional treatment elements.Parent training for childhood anxiety /Adam B. Lewin ;School-based interventions for anxiety in youth /Aleta Angelosante, Daniela Colognori, Clark R. Goldstein, and Carrie Masia Warner ;Phobias and anxiety-related problems in mental retardation and developmental disabilities /Dave Dagnan ;Food neophobia in children : misnomer, anxious arousal, or other emotional avoidance? /Jon Rogove, Jessica Masty, and Dean McKay ;Social disability and impairment in childhood anxiety /Jordana Muroff and Abigail Ross ;Anxiety disorders in children with chronic health problems /Lara J. Farrell, Caroline Donovan, Cynthia M. Turner, and John R. Walker ;Immune and endocrine function in child and adolescent obsessive-compulsive disorder /Tanya K. Murphy and Kelley Yokum.
- Current theories and treatment of depression -- Cognitive theory of depression -- Hypnosis and hypnotherapy -- Circular feedback model of depression -- Clinical implications and empirical evidence -- Cognitive hypnotherapy case formulation -- First aid for depression -- Cognitive behavior therapy -- Hypnotherapy -- Cognitive hypnotherapy -- Developing antidepressive pathways -- Breaking ruminative pattern -- Behavioral activation therapy -- Improving social skills -- Mindfulness and acceptance -- Relapse prevention -- Future directions.
- Handbook of complementary and alternative therapies in mental health 2002, ScienceDirectch. 1.Introduction : the emerging paradigm /Scott Shannon --ch. 2.Integration and holism /Scott Shannon --ch. 3.Cranial osteopathy /R. Paul Lee --ch. 4.Aromatherapy /Raphael d'Angelo --ch. 5.Diet and essential fatty acids /Janet E. Settle --ch. 6.Nutritional supplements /Janet E. Settle --ch. 7.Biofeedback /Donald Moss --ch. 8.Meditation and self-regulatory techniques /Keith G. Lowenstein --ch. 9.Qigong /James Lake --ch. 10.Breath work /Barry A. Sultanoff --ch. 11.Therapeutic touch /J. Ramita Bonadonna --ch. 12.Spiritual healing /Daniel J. Benor --ch. 13.Medical intuition /Eric Leskowitz --ch. 14.Spiritual psychotherapy /Jerry Wyker --ch. 15.Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR) /William M. Zangwill,Jessica Pearson,Phyllis Kosminsky --ch. 16. TheHakomi method and body-centered psychotherapies /Maureen Fallon-Cyr,andMark Fallon-Cyr --ch. 17.Process work /Max Schupbach --ch. 18.Herbal medicine /Hyla Cass,andJerry Cott --ch. 19.Homeopathy /Philip Bailey --ch. 20.Acupuncture /John M. Motl --ch. 21.Ayurveda /Jim Brooks --ch. 22. Thecreative arts : what role do they play? /John Graham-Pole --ch. 23. Theenvironment /Barry A. Sultanoff --ch. 24. Thetherapeutic power of music /John Diamond --ch. 25.Synthesis /Scott Shannon.
- Handbook of consultation-liaison psychiatry 2007, Springer
- Handbook of cultural psychiatry 2001, ScienceDirect
- Handbook of depression 2011, Springer
- Handbook of differential diagnosis 2002, PsychiatryOnline
- pt. 1. ESTABLISHING THE NEED AND CRITERIA FOR EVIDENCE-BASED THERAPIES. Evidence-based therapies for children and adolescents: problems and prospects / Ric G. Steele, Michael C. Roberts, and T. David Elkin -- Empirically supported treatments and evidence-based practice for children and adolescents / Michael C. Roberts and Rochelle L. James -- Methodological issues in the evaluation of therapies / Ric G. Steele, Jennifer A. Mize Nelson, and Timothy D. Nelson -- Evidence-based therapies: translating research into practice / Charmaine K. Hig aand Bruce F. Chorpita -- pt. 2. EVIDENCE-BASED THERAPIES FOR SPECIFIC DISORDERS OR CONDITIONS. ANXIETY DISORDERS: Psychosocial treatments for phobic and anxiety disorders in youth / Wendy K. Silverman and Armando A. Pina -- Panic disorder in adolescents / Thomas H. Ollendick and Donna Pincus -- Evidence-based treatment of pediatric obsessive-compulsive disorder / Eric A Storch ... [et al.] -- Interventions for posttraumatic stress in children and adolescents following natural disasters and acts of terrorism / Annette M. La Greca -- MOOD DISORDERS AND PROBLEMS: Mood disorders in childhood / Colleen M. Cummings and Mary A. Fristad -- Empirically supported psychotherapies for adolescent depression and mood disorders / John F. Curry and Sara J. Becker -- Evidence-based therapies for adolescent suicidal behavior / Anthony Spirito and Christianne Esposito-Smythers -- DISRUPTIVE BEHAVIOR DISORDERS AND RELATED PROBLEMS: Evidence-based treatments for attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) / Betsy Hoza, Nina Kaiser, and Elizabeth Hurt -- Evidence-based therapies for oppositional behavior in young children / Robert J. McMahon and Julie S. Kotler -- Treating conduct problems, aggression, and antisocial behavior in children and adolescents: an integrated view / Paul Boxer and Paul J. Frick -- Components of evidence-based interventions for bullying and peer victimization / Anne K. Jacobs -- PEDIATRIC/MEDICALLY RELATED DISORDERS: Pain and pain management / Lindsey L. Cohen, Jill E. MacLaren, and Crystal S. Lim -- Evidence-based treatments for children with chronic illnesses / T. David Elkin and Laura Stoppelbein -- Evidence-based therapies for enuresis and encopresis / Patrick C. Friman -- Evidencebased therapies for children and adolescents with eating disorders / David H. Gleaves and Janet D. Latner -- Evidence-based therapies for pediatric overweight / Craig A. Johnston and Chermaine Tyler -- OTHER DISORDERS AND PROBLEMS: Evidence-based therapies for autistic disorder and pervasive developmental disorders / Jonathan M. Campbell, Caitlin V. Herzinger, and Carrah L. James -- Evidence-based treatment for children with serious emotional disturbance / Camille J. Randall and Eric M. Vernberg -- Evidence-based approaches to social skills training with children and adolescents / Sharon L. Foster and Julie R. Bussman -- Evidence-based treatments for adolescent substance use disorders / Deborah Deas, Kevin Gray, and Himanshu Upadhyaya -- pt. 3. IMPLEMENTATION ISSUES. Dissemination of evidence-based manualized treatments for children and families in practice settings / Michael A. Southam-Gerow, Alyssa M. Marder, and A. Aukahi Austin -- Client, therapist, and treatment characteristics in EBT's for children and adolescents / Stephen Shirk and Dana McMakin -- Implementing evidence-based treatments with ethnically diverse clients / Beth A. Kotchick and Rachel L. Grover-- Evidence-based therapy and ethical practice / William A. Rae and Constance J. Fournier -- Adoption of evidence-based treatments (EBTs) in community settings: obstacles and opportunities / Julianne M. Smith-Boydston and Timothy D. Nelson -- Evidence-based assessment for children and adolescents / Vicky Phares and Jessica Curley -- Graduate training in evidence-based practice in psychology / Thad R. Leffingwell and Frank L. Collins, Jr. -- Emerging issues in the continuing evolution of evidence-based practice / T. David Elkin, Michael C. Roberts, and Ric G. Steele.
- Handbook of forensic psychology 2004, ScienceDirect
- Handbook of generalised anxiety disorder 2009, SpringerThe changing concept of generalised anxiety disorder -- How common is generalised anxiety disorder? -- Presenting features of generalised anxiety disorder -- Comorbidity of generalised anxiety disorder with other conditions -- Burden of generalised anxiety disorder -- Measuring the severity of generalised anxiety disorder -- Pharmacological treatments -- Psychological treatment -- Which treatments, when and for how long?.
- Handbook of juvenile forensic psychology and psychiatry 2012, Springer11-34 --Developmental Changes in Adolescence and Risks for Delinquency --The "Why(s)" of Criminal Behavior in Juveniles: The Long and the Short of It --Race and Sex Disparity in Juvenile Justice Processing --Major Principles in a Minor Context: Forensic Practices Involving Adolescents --Juveniles and Criminal Responsibility Evaluations --Sentencing Juveniles to Life in Prison Without the Opportunity for Parole --Transfer to Adult Court: Enhancing Clinical Forensic Evaluations and Informing Policy --Need for and Barriers to Inclusion in Health Research of Justice-Involved Youth --Toward Establishing Standards of Practice in Juvenile Forensic Mental Health Assessment --Assessment in Juvenile Justice Systems: An Overview --Mental Health Assessment of Juveniles --The Juvenile Forensic Court Clinic in Theory and Practice --The History, Development, and Testing of Forensic Risk Assessment Tools --Assessing Juveniles for Risk of Violence --Becoming More Therapeutic: Motivational Interviewing as a Communication Style for Paraprofessionals in Juvenile Justice Settings --At the Junction of Personality Theories: Working with Juvenile Offenders --Services for Youth in Closed Settings: Gaps in Services --Implementing Evidence-Based Practices for Juvenile Justice Prevention and Treatment in Communities --Preventing Early Conduct Problems and Later Delinquency --Treating Juvenile Offenders: Best Practices and Emerging Critical Issues --Psychopharmacological Treatment of Youth in Juvenile Justice Settings --IICAPS: A Treatment Model for Delinquent Youths with Co-occurring Mental Health Disorders --Serving Dually Diagnosed Youth in the Juvenile Justice System --Treating Juvenile Sex Offenders --Sexually Transmitted Infections in Juvenile Offenders --A Self-Regulation Model for the Treatment of Pathological Juvenile Firesetters --Mentor Programming for At-Risk Youth --Responding to Child Trauma: Theory, Programs, and Policy --Psychosocial Treatment of Traumatized Juveniles --Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Among Youth Involved in Juvenile Justice --Trauma and Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Among Youth in the Juvenile Justice System: A Critical Appraisal --Juvenile Offenders with Disabilities: Challenges and Promises --Ensuring that They Learn --Female Juvenile Offenders --Juvenile Gangs --Juvenile Forensic Psychology and Psychiatry: The Movement Toward Data-Based Innovations.
- Mental health services for children, adolescents, and families: trends, models, and current status / Ric G. Steele and Michael C. Roberts -- Mental health services for young children / Diane Powell and Glen Dunlap -- School psychologiy services / Steven W. Lee and T. Rene Jamison -- Providing services within a school-based intensive mental health program / Anne K. Jacobs, Camille Randall, Eric M. Vernberg, Michael C. Roberts, and Joseph E. Nye -- Inpatient pediatric consultation-liaison: applied child health psychology / Bryan D. Carter and Renee T. Van Weiss -- Mental health services for children in pediatric primary care settings / Terry Stancin -- Providing a range of services to fit the needs of youth in community mental health centers / Julianne M. Smith-Boydston -- Outpatient-private practice model / Bernadette M. Landolf -- Inpatient treatment models / Luis A Vargas and Artenio De Dios Brambila -- Child abuse prevention and intervention services / Michelle R. Kees and Barbara L. Bonner -- Services to prevent sexually transmitted diseases in adolescents / Beth A. Auslander, Mary B. Short, and Susan L. Rosenthal -- Treatment services for adolescent substance abuse / Beverly Pringle, and Jerry Flanzer --Targeted prevention of antisocial behavior in children: the early risers "Skill for Success" program / Michael L. Bloomquist, Gerald J. August, Susanne S. Lee, Barrie E. Berquist, and Robin Mathy -- Implementing effective youth violence prevention programs in community settings / Patricia A. Graczykand Patrick H. Tolan -- Adolescent sex offender programs / William D. Murphy, Jacqueline Page, and Rebecca Ettelson -- Rural mental health services / David L. Fenell and Alan J. Hovestadt -- Mental health services for children with chronic illness / Ann M. McGrath Davis and Ngan Voung -- Psychological services for children and families who are homeless / Mary E. Walsh and Julie Heim Jackson -- Telehealth/Internet services for children, adolescents, and families / Heidi J. Liss -- Therapeutic camping programs / Keri J. Brown -- Implementation of the Felix Consent Decree in Hawaii: the impact of policy and practice development efforts on service delivery / Bruce F. Chorpita and Christina Donkervoet -- Children's services in disasters and other emergencies / Gilbert Reyes, Trisha T. Miller, Merritt D. Schreiber, and Beth Todd-Bazemore -- Program evaluation approaches in service delivery in child and family mental health / Michael C. Roberts and Ric G. Steele -- Large-scale evaluations of children's mental health services: the Ft. Bragg and Stark County studies / Leonard Bickman and Shelagh Mulvaney -- Methodological challenges in the national evaluation of the comprehenive community mental health services for children and their families program / E. Wayne Holden, Robert L. Stephens, and Rolando L. Santiago -- The future of mental health service delivery for children, adolescents, and families: an agenda for organization and research / Ric G. Steele and Michael C. Roberts.
- Handbook of neuropsychiatric biomarkers, endophenotypes, and genes v. 1-4, 2009, Springerv. 1. Neuropsychological endophenotypes and biomarkers -- v. 2. Neuroanatomical and neuroimaging endophenolypes and biomarkers -- v. 3. Metabolic and peripheral biomarkers -- v. 4. Molecular genetic and genomic markers.
- Handbook of schizophrenia spectrum disorders. Volume I, Conceptual issues and neurobiological advances 2011, Springer
- Handbook of schizophrenia spectrum disorders. Volume II, Phenotypic and endophenotypic presentations 2011, Springer
- Handbook of schizophrenia spectrum disorders. Volume III, Therapeutic approaches, comorbidity, and outcomes 2011, Springer
- Handbook on firesetting in children and youth 2002, ScienceDirect
- Health and treatment strategies in obesity 2006, Karger
- Health technology assessments by the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence 2007, SpringerFulltext SpringerAppendices: Abbreviations and use of terminology -- Critical gaps of assessment -- Consistency issues associated with NICE assessment.Introduction -- A note on objectives and methods -- NICE [National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence] appraisal process -- NICE appraisal of ADHD treatments -- NICE appraisal of ADHD treatment options: a critique -- Discussion and implications -- Which way forward?
- Helping parents, youth, and teachers understand medications for behavioral and emotional problems. 3rd ed. 2007, PsychiatryOnline
- History of psychiatry and medical psychology 2008, SpringerSection One: Prolegomenon -- Historiography: philosophy and methodology of history, with special emphasis on medicine and psychiatry; and an appendix on "historiography" as the history of history / Edwin R. Wallace, IV -- Contextualizing the history of psychiatry/psychology and psychoanalysis: annotated bibliography and essays: addenda A-F / Edwin R. Wallace, IV -- Section Two: Periods -- Mind and madness in classical antiquity / Bennett Simon -- Mental disturbances, unusual mental states, and their interpretation during the Middle Ages / George Mora -- Renaissance conceptions and treatments of madness / George Mora -- The madman in the light of reason. Enlightenment psychiatry: Part I. Custody, therapy, theory and the need for reform / Dora B. Weiner -- The madman in the light of reason. Enlightenment psychiatry: Part II. Alienists, treatises, and the psychologic approach in the era of Pinel / Dora B. Weiner -- Philippe Pinel in the twenty-first century: the myth and the message / Dora B. Weiner -- German romantic psychiatry: Part I. Earlier, including more-psychological orientations / Otto M. Marx -- German romantic psychiatry: Part II. Later, including more-somatic orientations / Otto M. Marx -- Descriptive psychiatry and psychiatric nosology during the nineteenth century / German Berrios -- Biological psychiatry in the nineteenth and twentieth centuries / John Gach -- The intersection of psychopharmacology and psychiatry in the second half of the twentieth century / David Healy --Section Three: Concepts and topics -- A history of melancholia and depression / Stanley W. Jackson -- Constructing schizophrenia as a category of mental illness / Sander L Gilman -- The concept of psychosomatic medicine / Herbert Weiner -- Neurology's influence on American psychiatry: 1865-1915 / Edward M. Brown -- The transformation of American psychiatry: from institution to community, 1800-2000 / Gerald N. Grob -- The transition to secular psychotherapy: hypnosis and the alternate-consciousness paradigm / Adam Crabtree -- Psychoanalysis in central Europe: the interplay of psychoanalysis and culture / Hannah S. Decker -- The psychoanalytic movement in the United States, 1906-1991 / Sanford Gifford -- The development of clinical psychology, social work, and psychiatric nursing: 1900-1980s / Nancy Tomes -- Epilogue: Psychiatry and the mind-body relation -- Thoughts toward a critique of biological psychiatry / John Gach -- Two "mind"-"body" models for a holistic psychiatry / Edwin R. Wallace, IV -- Freud on "mind-"body" I: the psychoneurobiological and "instinctualist" stance; with implications for chapter 24, and two postscripts / Edwin R. Wallace, IV -- Freud on "mind"-"body" II: drive, motivation, meaning, history, and Freud's psychological heuristic; with clinical and everyday examples / Edwin R. Wallace, IV -- Psychosomatic medicine and the mind-body relation: historical, philosophical, scientific, and clinical perspectives / Herbert Weiner.
- Inflammation in psychiatry 2013, KargerBasic aspects of the immunology of neuroinflammation / Wohleb, E.S.; Godbout, J.P. -- Stress and neuroinflammation / Grippo, A.J., Scotti, M.-A.L. -- Role of inflammation in depression : implications for phenomenology, pathophysiology and treatment / Raison, C.L., Miller, A.H. -- Virus infection as a cause of inflammation in psychiatric disorders / Bechter, K. -- Inflammation, neurotoxins and psychiatric disorders / Myint, A.-M. -- Essential fatty acids as potential anti-inflammatory agents in the treatment of affective disorders / Song, C. -- The brain-gut axis : a target for treating stress-related disorders / Scott, L.V., Clarke, G., Dinan, T.G. -- The question of pro-inflammatory immune activity in schizophrenia and the potential importance of anti-inflammatory drugs / Arolt, V., Ambrée, O. -- Inflammation as the cause of the metabolic syndrome in depression / Leonard, B.E. -- Glucocorticoids and inflammation : a double-headed sword in depression? / Horowitz, M.A. ... [et al.] -- Co-morbidity between cardiovascular pathology and depression : role of inflammation -- Halaris, A. -- Inflammatory and oxidative and nitrosative stress cascades as new drug targets in myalgic encephalomyelitis and chronic fatigue syndrome -- Maes, M. -- Peripheral inflammation and cognitive aging -- Lim, A., Krajina, K., Marsland, A.L. -- Inflammation in suicidality : implications for novel treatment options / Janelidze, S., Brundin, L.
- Intervening in the brain 2007, Springer
- Neural sciences -- Neuropsychiatry and behavioral neurology -- Contributions of the psychological sciences -- Contributions of the sociocultural sciences -- Quantitative and experimental methods in psychiatry -- Theories of personality and psychopathology -- Diagnosis and psychiatry : examination of the psychiatric patient -- Clinical manifestations of psychiatric disorders -- Classification in psychiatry -- Delirium, dementia, and amnestic and other cognitive disorders and mental disorders due to a general medical condition -- Substance-related disorders -- Schizophrenia and other psychotic disorders -- Mood disorders -- Anxiety disorders -- Somatoform disorders -- Factitious disorder -- Dissociative disorders -- Normal human sexuality and sexual and gender identity disorders -- Eating disorders -- Sleep disorders -- Impulse-control disorders not elsewhere classified -- Adjustment disorders -- Personality disorders -- Psychosomatic medicine -- Relational problems -- Additional conditions that may be a focus of clinical attention -- Culture-bound syndromes -- Special areas of interest -- Psychiatric emergencies -- Psychotherapies -- Biological therapies -- Child psychiatry -- Psychiatric examination [of the infant, child, and adolescent] -- Genetics in child psychiatry -- Neuroimaging in psychiatric disorders of childhood -- Temperament : risk and protective factors for child psychiatric disorders -- Intellectual disability -- Learning disorders -- Motor skills disorder : developmental coordination disorder -- Communication disorders -- Pervasive developmental disorders -- Attention-deficit disorders -- Disruptive behavior disorders -- Feeding and eating disorders of infancy and early childhood -- Tic disorders -- Elimination disorders -- Other disorders of infancy, childhood, and adolescence -- Mood disorders in children and adolescents -- Anxiety disorders in children -- Early-onset psychotic disorders -- Child psychiatry : psychiatric treatment -- Child psychiatry : special areas of interest -- Adulthood -- Geriatric psychiatry -- Public psychiatry -- Psychiatric education -- Ethics and forensic psychiatry -- History of psychiatry -- World aspects of psychiatry.
- "This study guide is an excellent aid in preparing for boards and other psychiatry exams and in reinforcing your knowledge. It offers chapter overviews of Synopsis, Tenth Edition and over 1,600 multiple-choice questions with discussions of correct and incorrect answers"--Provided by publisher.
- The patient-doctor relationship -- Human development throughout the life cycle -- The brain and behavior -- Contributions of the psychosocial sciences -- Clinical neuropsychological testing -- Theories of personality and psychopathology -- Clinical examination of the psychiatric patient -- Signs and symptoms in psychiatry -- Classification in psychiatry and psychiatric rating scales -- Delirium, dementia, and amnestic and other cognitive disorders -- Neuropsychiatric aspects of HIV infection and AIDS -- Substance-related disorders -- Schizophrenia -- Other psychotic disorders -- Mood disorders -- Anxiety disorders -- Somatoform disorders -- Chronic fatigue syndrome -- Factitious disorders -- Dissociative disorders -- Human sexuality -- Gender identity disorders -- Eating disorders -- Normal sleep and sleep disorders -- Impulse-control disorders not elsewhere classified -- Adjustment disorders -- Personality disorders -- Psychosomatic medicine -- Complementary and alternative medicine in psychiatry -- Psychiatry and reproductive medicine -- Relational problems -- Problems related to abuse or neglect -- Additional conditions that may be a focus of clinical attention -- Emergency psychiatric medicine -- Psychotherapies -- Biological therapies -- Child psychiatry: assessment, examination, and psychological testing -- Mental retardation -- Learning disorders -- Motor skills disorder: developmental coordination disorder -- Communication disorders -- Pervasive developmental disorders -- Attention-deficit disorders -- Disruptive behavior disorders -- Feeding and eating disorders of infancy or early childhood -- Tic disorders -- Elimination disorders -- Other disorders of infancy, childhood, and adolescence -- Mood disorders and suicide in children and adolescents -- Anxiety disorders of infancy, childhood, and adolescence -- Early-onset schizophrenia -- Adolescent substance abuse -- Child psychiatry: additional conditions that may be a focus of clinical attention -- Psychiatric treatment of children and adolescents -- Child psychiatry: special areas of interest -- Geriatric psychiatry -- End of life care and palliative medicine -- Clinical-legal issues in psychiatry -- Ethics in psychiatry.
- pt. 1. Using the manual -- Nursing students and instructors -- Clinical nursing staff -- Using the manual's CD-ROM to write individualized psychiatric nursing care plans -- pt. 2. Basic concepts -- Fundamental beliefs -- Therapeutic milieu -- Care delivery settings -- Sexuality -- Spirituality -- Culture -- The aging client -- Loneliness -- HIV disease and AIDS -- Homelessness -- Stress -- Crisis intervention -- Community violence -- Community grief and disaster response -- The nursing process -- Evidence-based practice -- Best practices -- Interdisciplinary treatment team -- Nurse-client interactions -- Role of the psychiatric nurse -- Role of the client --pt. 3. Care plans -- General care plans -- Building a trust relationship -- Discharge planing -- Deficient knowledge -- Noncompliance -- Supporting the caregiver -- Community-based care -- Persistent and severe mental illness -- Acute episode care -- Partial community support -- Disorders diagnosed in childhood or adolescence -- Attention deficit / Hyperactivity disorder -- Conduct disorders -- Adjustment disorders of adolescence -- Delirium and dementia -- Delirium -- Dementia -- Substance-related disorders -- Alcohol withdrawal -- Substance withdrawal -- Dual diagnosis -- Schizophrenia and psychotic disorders/symptoms -- Schizophrenia -- Delusions -- Hallucinations -- Delusional disorder -- Psychotic behavior related to a medical condition -- Mood disorders and related behaviors -- Major depressive disorder -- Suicidal behavior -- Bipolar disorder, manic episode -- Anxiety disorders -- Anxious behavior -- Phobias -- Obsessive compulsive disorder -- Posttraumatic stress disorder -- Somatoform and dissociative disorders -- Somatization disorder -- Conversion disorder -- Hypochondriasis -- Dissociative disorders -- Eating disorders -- Anorexia nervosa -- Bulimia nervosa --Sleep disorders and adjustment disorders -- Sleep disorders -- Adjustment disorders of adults -- Personality disorders -- Paranoid personality disorder -- Schizoid and schizotypal personality disorders -- Antisocial personality disorder -- Borderline personality disorder -- Dependent personality disorder -- Passive-aggressive personality disorder -- Behavioral and problem-based care plans -- Withdrawn behavior -- Hostile behavior -- Aggressive behavior -- Sexual, emotional, or physical abuse -- Grief -- Disturbed body image -- Living with a chronic or terminal illness -- Neurologic illnesses -- Head injury -- Substance dependence treatment program -- Adult children of alcoholics -- The client who will not eat -- Appendices -- DSM-IV-TR classification -- NANDA taxonomy II: domains, classes, diagnostic concepts, and diagnoses -- Sample psychosocial assessment tool -- Standards of psychiatric mental health clinical nursing practice -- Canadian standards of Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing Practice (2nd ed.) -- Communication techniques -- Defense mechanisms -- Sychopharmacology -- Case study and care plan.
- Manual of psychiatric therapeutics. 3rd ed. 2003, Ovid
- Medical basis of psychiatry. 3rd ed. 2008, Springer
- Menopausal transition 2009, KargerNormal aging and the menopausal transition : what to expect / N. Santoro, G. Neal-Perry -- Sexuality during menopause : deconstructing the myths / A.H. Clayton, D.V. Hamilton -- Cultural and ethnic influences on the menopause transition /J. Bitzer, J. Alder -- Nonhormonal factors associated with psychiatric morbidity during the menopausal transition and midlife / J.T. Bromberger -- Depression during the perimenopausal transition : what have we learned from epidemiological studies? / S. Ferguson, C.N. Soares, B.L. Harlow -- Thermoregulation and menopause : understanding the basic pathophysiology of vasomotor symptoms / D.C. Deecher -- Hormone dynamics and menopausal symptoms : the clinical role of vasomotor symptoms and sleep disturbances / R.R. Freedman -- Managing depression and anxiety during the menopausal transition and beyond : the window of vulnerability / B.N. Frey, C.N. Soares -- Psychotic disorders and menopause : the untold story / A. Riecher-Ros̈sler -- Hormone therapies and menopause : where do we stand in the post-WHI era? / M.P. Warren, K.E. Titchen, M. Steiner.
- Mental health and development 2010, WHOPeople with mental health conditions comprise a vulnerable group -- Other vulnerable groups have high rates of mental health conditions -- Improving development outcomes: principles and actions -- All development stakeholders have important roles to play -- Conclusion.
- Mental health, social mirror 2007, Springer
- Metabolic effects of psychotropic drugs 2009, KargerMetabolic syndrome and schizophrenia : is inflammation the cause? / Leonard, B.E. -- Insulin resistance in bipolar women : effects of mood-stabilizing drugs / Vemuri, M. ... [et al.] -- Obesity and mental illness / Citrome, L.; Vreeland, B. -- Glucose abnormalities in schizophrenia, bipolar and major depressive disorders / Bushe, C. -- Screening for diabetes and cardiovascular risk factors in people with serious mental illness / Holt, R.I.G.; Peveler, R.C. -- Stress axis dysfunction : a common finding in schizophrenia and the metabolic syndrome? / Afzal, A.; Thakore, J. -- Metabolic syndrome in psychiatric inpatients treated for depression / Goethe, J.W.; Szarek, B.L.; Caley, C.F. -- Hyperprolactinaemia associated with antipsychotic medications / Fitzgerald, P.; Dinan, T.G. -- Impact of hyperprolactinaemia on the general health of patients with schizophrenia / Wildgust, H.J.; Kohen, D.
- mhGAP intervention guide : 2010, WHOThe mhGAP-IG has been developed through an intensive process of evidence review. A WHO Guideline Development Group of international experts conducted systematic reviews to develop evidence-based recommendations. The recommendations were then converted into clearly presented stepwise interventions and then circulated among a wider range of reviewers across the world to include all the diverse contributions. The mhGAP-IG is based on the mhGAP Guidelines on interventions for mental, neurological and substance use disorders (http:// www.who.int/mental_health/mhgap/evidence/en/). Both documents will be reviewed and updated in 5 years. Any revision and update before that will be made to the online version of the document.--(excerpt, p. 1).
- Molecular and functional models in neuropsychiatry 2011, Springer
- Monstrous crimes and the failure of forensic psychiatry 2013, SpringerThe metaphor of the monster or predator usually a sexual predator, drug dealer in areas frequented by children, or psychopathic murderer is a powerful framing device in public discourse about how the criminal justice system should respond to serious violent crimes. The cultural history of the monster reveals significant features of the metaphor that raise questions about the extent to which justice can be achieved in both the punishment of what are regarded as ""monstrous crimes"" and the treatment of those who commit such crimes. This book is the first to address the connections between the h
- Neurodevelopmental disorders 2005, Springer
- Neurogenesis and neural plasticity 2013, SpringerNeurogenesis in the Adult Mammalian Brain: How Much Do We Need, How Much Do We Have? /Ilias Kazanis --Neurogenesis and Hippocampal Plasticity in Adult Brain /Yan Gu, Stephen Janoschka, Shaoyu Ge --Adult-Born Neurons in the Olfactory Bulb: Integration and Functional Consequences /Gilles Gheusi, Gabriel Lepousez, Pierre-Marie Lledo --Network, Cellular, and Molecular Mechanisms Underlying Long-Term Memory Formation /Mariana Carasatorre, Víctor Ramírez-Amaya --Neurotrophins and Synaptic Plasticity /Andrea Gómez-Palacio-Schjetnan, Martha L. Escobar --Differential Effects of Stress and Glucocorticoids on Adult Neurogenesis /Timothy J. Schoenfeld, Elizabeth Gould --Effects of Environmental Enrichment Exposure on Synaptic Transmission and Plasticity in the Hippocampus /Michael J. Eckert, Wickliffe C. Abraham --All About Running: Synaptic Plasticity, Growth Factors and Adult Hippocampal Neurogenesis /Carmen Vivar, Michelle C. Potter, Henriette van Praag --The Effect of Systemic Chemotherapy on Neurogenesis, Plasticity and Memory /Peter Wigmore --Novel Insights into Depression and Antidepressants: A Synergy Between Synaptogenesis and Neurogenesis? /Francis Rodriguez Bambico, Catherine Belzung --Deficient Plasticity in the Hippocampus and the Spiral of Addiction: Focus on Adult Neurogenesis /Juan J. Canales --Prolonged Running, not Fluoxetine Treatment, Increases Neurogenesis, but does not Alter Neuropathology, in the 3xTg Mouse Model of Alzheimer's Disease /Michael W. Marlatt, Michelle C. Potter --Hippocampal Neurogenesis and Ageing /Sébastien Couillard-Després --Repair of the CNS Using Endogenous and Transplanted Neural Stem Cells /R. C. Trueman, A. Klein, H. S. Lindgren, M. J. Lelos.
- Neuroimmunological basis of behavior and mental disorders 2009, Springer
- Neurological and psychiatric disorders 2005, SpringerNeural principles of neurological and psychiatric disorders / Frank I. Tarazi and Marc J. Kaufman -- Pharmacotherapeutic principles of neurological and psychiatric disorders / John A. Schetz -- Alzheimer's disease / Mark P. Mattson -- Huntington's disease / Susan E. Browne -- Parkinson's disease / Thomas Wichmann -- Schizophrenia / Stephan Heckers and Sabina Berretta -- Autism spectrum disorders / Evdokia Anagnostou and Eric Hollander -- Tourette's syndrome / James E. Swain, Robert A. King, and James F. Leckman -- Obsessive/compulsive disorder / David S. Husted, Nathan A. Shapira, and Wayne K. Goodman -- Unipolar depression / Julie A. Blendy and Irwin Lucki -- Bipolar disorder / Leonardo Tondo ... [et al.] -- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder / Kehong Zhang, Eugen Davids, and Ross J. Baldessarini.
- Neuropsychiatric disorders 2007, Springer
- Neuropsychiatric disorders 2010, SpringerPart I. Introduction -- Part II. Neuropsychiatric Syndromes -- Part III. Seizure Disorders -- Part IV. Traumatic Brain Injury -- Part V. Vascular and Inflammatory Disorders -- Part VI. Neurodegenerative Disorders.
- Neuropsychiatry. 2nd ed. 2003, Ovid
- Neuroscience of clinical psychiatry 2007, OvidHistorical perspective -- Neuroanatomy -- Cells of the nervous system -- Neurotransmitters -- Receptors and signaling the nucleus -- Hormones and the brain -- Adult development and plasticity -- Pain -- Pleasure -- Appetite -- Anger and aggression -- Sleep -- Sex and the brain -- Social attachment -- Memory -- Intelligence -- Attention -- Depression -- Anxiety -- Schizophrenia -- Alzheimer's disease.
- On-scene guide for crisis negotiators. 2nd ed. 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Origins of phobias and anxiety disorders 2003, ScienceDirectFeatures of fear and anxiety -- Functions of fear versus anxiety -- Disposition to fear and anxiety : negative affectivity -- Threat-based style of reacting to negative affect : influences upon emotion regulation -- Anxious processes -- Specificity in Salience and threat value -- Anxiety disorders -- Why more women than men?
- Pain and depression 2004, Karger
- Perinatal stress, mood, and anxiety disorders 2005, KargerA historical perspective on the psychiatry of motherhood / I. Brockington -- Diagnostic classification of perinatal mood disorders / A. Riecher-Rössler, A. Rohde -- Maternal adversity, vulnerability, and disease / S.G. Matthews, M.J. Meaney -- Behavioral perinatology / P.D. Wadhwa -- Maternal depression: an adverse early environment / A.J. Beach ... [et al.] -- Perinatal infanticide and suicide / M.G. Spinelli -- Relevance of gonadal hormones to perinatal mood and anxiety disorders / A. Ahokas ... [et al.] --Pharmacotherapy for psychiatric disorders in pregnancy / L.E. Ross ... [et al.] -- Maternal depression in the postpartum period: impact of breast-feeding on treatment planning / Z.N. Stowe, K. Ragan, D.J. Newport -- The use of interpersonal psychotherapy for perinatal mood and anxiety disorders / S. Stuart, M.W. O'Hara -- Group psychotherapy for depression in early stages of motherhood / M. Hofecker-Fallahpour, A. Riecher-Rössler -- Alternative treatment strategies for perinatal depression and anxiety / M. O'Higgins, V. Glover, M. Corral.
- Perspectives in affective disorders 2002, Karger
- Pharmacogenomics in psychiatry 2010, KargerOne tablet or two? : towards the development of pharmacogenomically informed drug dose individualization / Kirchheiner, J. ... [et al.] -- Pharmacogenomics : reflecting on the old and new social, ethical and policy issues in postgenomics medicine / Ozdemir, V. -- Pharmacogenomics and personality : role of CYP2D6 and implications for psychopathology / Peñas-LLedó, E.M.; Dorado, P.; Llerena, A. -- Pharmacogenetics of schizophrenia : bringing 'order to chaos' in the psychopharmacology of schizophrenia? / Buckley, P.F.; Miller, D.D.; Foster, A. -- Pharmacogenomics of depression / Serretti, A.; Drago, A.; Spina, E. -- Pharmacogenomics of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder / Froehlich, T.; Stein, M.A. -- Pharmacogenomics of eating disorders / Monteleone, P.; Maj, M. -- Future of personalized prescription in psychiatry / de Leon, J.
- Pharmacotherapy for child and adolescent psychiatric disorders. 2nd ed., rev. and expanded. 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Post-traumatic stress disorder 2009, SpringerPost-traumatic stress disorder: definition, prevalence, and risk factors / Terence M. Keane, Brian P. Marx, and Denise M. Sloan -- The amygdala and the neural pathways of fear / Jacek Dębiec and Joseph LeDoux -- Physiology of the amygdala: implications for PTSD / Donald G. Rainnie and Kerry J. Ressler -- Counteracting molecular pathways regulating the reduction of fear: implications for the treatment of anxiety diseases / Andre Fischer and Li-Huei Tsai -- Memory in PTSD: a neurocognitive approach / Mieke Verfaellie and Jennifer J. Vasterling -- Toward animal models of post-traumatic stress disorder / Hagit Cohen and Gal Richter-Levin -- PTSD: from neurons to networks / Rajnish P. Rao ... [et al.] -- Arousal neurons in the brain / Priyattam J. Shiromani and Carlos Blanco-Centurion -- Hyperarousal and post-traumatic stress disorder: a role for the hypocretin system / Matt Carter and Luis de Lecea -- The locus coeruleus-noradrenergic system and stress: implications for post-traumatic stress disorder / Craig W. Berridge -- Effect of stress on sleep and its relationship to post-traumatic stress disorder / L.D. Sanford and X. Tang -- Stress hormones and PTSD / Rachel Yehuda -- Low basal cortisol and startle responding as possible biomarkers of PTSD: the influence of internalizing and externalizing comorbidity / Mark W. Miller, Erika J. Wolf, Laura Fabricant, and Nathan Stein -- Functional neuroimaging in post-traumatic stress disorder / Israel Liberzon and Sarah N. Garfinkel -- The amygdala in post-traumatic stress disorder / Lisa M. Shin -- Pharmacologic treatment of PTSD / Murray A. Raskind -- Guided imagery as a therapeutic tool in post-traumatic stress disorder / Jennifer L. Strauss, Patrick S. Calhoun, and Christine E. Marx -- Virtual reality exposure therapy for combat-related PTSD / Albert Rizzo ... [et al.].
- Practitioner's guide to prescribing antiepileptics and mood stabilizers for adults with intellectual disabilities 2012, Springer
- Problem-based behavioral science and psychiatry 2008, Springer
- Psychiatric aspects of HIV/AIDS 2006, OvidEpidemiology / Margarita Alegría ... [et al.] -- Virology, immunology, transmission, and disease stage / Karl Goodkin -- Medical treatment and occupational exposure / Ellen A.B. Morrison, Jon A. Levenso -- Psychiatric assessment / María Fernanda Gómez, Mary Alice O'Dowd -- Psychological and neuropsychological testing / Joel K. Levy -- Electrophysiology and brain mapping / Harold W. Goforth, Lukasz M. Konopka -- Psychological reactions / Vicenzio Holder-Perkins, Jeffrey S. Akman -- Stress-distress spectrum and adjustment disorders / Dimitri D. Markov, Elisabeth J.S. Kunkel, Howard Field --Anxiety disorders / Annette M. Matthews, Manuel Trujillo -- Mood disorders / Pedro Ruiz -- Personality disorders / Khenu Singh, Herb Ochitill -- Cognitive disorders / Angela M. McBride, Francisco Fernandez -- Psychotic disorders / Ewald Horwath, Francine Cournos -- Substance use disorders / Stephen J. Ferrando, Steven L. Batki -- Sleep disorders / Carlos A. Santana, Francisco Fernandez -- Psychotropic drug interactions with antiretroviral medications / Philip A. Bialer, Kyle S. Kato, Vassilios Latoussakis -- Pain syndromes / William Breitbart --Sexually transmitted infections / Angela L. Stotts ... [et al.] -- Psychiatric comorbidities in medically ill patients with HIV/AIDS / Stephen J. Ferrando, Constantine G. Lyketsos -- HIV/AIDS among Hispanic Americans / Pedro Ruiz, Frank Fernandez -- HIV/AIDS among African Americans / William B. Lawson, Janice G. Hutchinson, Dianne L. Reynolds -- HIV/AIDS among Asian and Pacific Islander Americans / Lynette J. Menezes, Todd Wills, Karina D'Souza -- HIV/AIDS among American Indians and Alaska natives / Carol E. Kaufman ... [et al.] -- HIV/AIDS among neonates and infant / Andrea Stolar, Johanna Goldfarb -- HIV/AIDS among children and adolescents / Andres J. Pumariega, Margaret A. Shugart, JoAnne B. Pumariega --HIV/AIDS among older adults / Maria D. Llorente, Julie E. Malphurs -- HIV/AIDS among women / Isabel T. Lagomasino, Gustavo Rodriguez -- HIV/AIDS among men who have sex with men / Milton L. Wainberg, Kenneth B. Ashley -- HIV/AIDS among women who have sex with women / Alison R. Jones, Cynthia L. Hoyler -- HIV/AIDS among the homeless / Jacqueline Maus Feldman, Stephen M. Goldfinger -- HIV/AIDS among prisoners / Wade C. Myers ... [et al.] -- HIV/AIDS and the patient's family / James L. Griffith, Michael Golder -- Ethical, forensic, and legal considerations / James Satriano -- Religious and spiritual considerations / Daniel W. Hicks, Francis G. Lu --Psychotherapeutic strategies / Claire Zilber -- Complementary and holistic medicine / Janet Konefal, Jessica Lillisand -- Biopsychosocial aspects / Cheryl Gore-Felton, Cheryl Koopman, David Spiegel -- Suicide and end-of-life care / Mary Ann Cohen -- Prevention and education strategies / Michael D. Knox, Tiffany Chenneville -- Physician assisted suicide and voluntary euthanasia / Marshall Forstein.
- Psychiatric genetics 2003, Springer Protocols
- Psychiatric interview. 2nd ed. 2005, OvidSect. I. General principles of effective interviewing -- The initial interview: a preview -- Logistic preparations: what to do before the interview -- The therapeutic alliance: what it is, why it's important, and how to establish it -- Asking questions I: how to approach threatening topics -- Asking questions II: tricks for improving patient recall -- Asking questions III: how to change topics with style -- Techniques for the reluctant patient -- Techniques for the overly talkative patient -- Techniques for the malingering patient -- Techniques for the adolescent patient -- Techniques for other challenging situations -- Practical psychodynamics in the diagnostic interview -- Sect. II. The psychiatric history -- Obtaining the history of present illness -- Obtaining the psychiatric history -- Screening for general medical conditions -- Family psychiatric history -- Obtaining the social and developmental history --Sect. III. Interviewing for diagnosis: the psychiatric review of symptoms -- How to memorize the DSM-IV-TR criteria -- Interviewing for diagnosis: the art of hypothesis testing -- Mental status examination -- Assessing suicidal and homicidal ideation -- Assessing mood disorders I: depressive disorders -- Assessing mood disorders II: bipolar disorder -- Assessing anxiety disorders -- Assessing alcohol dependence and drug abuse -- Assessing psychotic disorders -- Assessing dementia and delirium -- Assessing eating disorders and somatization disorder -- Assessing attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder -- Assessing personality disorders -- Sect. IV. Interviewing for treatment -- How to educate your patient -- Negotiating a treatment plan -- Writing up the results of the interview.
- Psychiatric issues in epilepsy. 2nd ed. 2007, Ovid
- Psychiatry for neurologists 2006, Springer
- Psychiatry of Parkinson's disease 2012, Karger
- Psychiatry. 11th ed. 2006
- Psychological factors affecting medical conditions 2007, KargerDevelopment of a new assessment strategy in psychosomatic medicine: the diagnostic criteria for psychosomatic research / S. Fabbri ... [et al.] -- Psychosocial approach to endocrine disease / N. Sonino, E. Tomba, G.A. Fava -- Psychological factors affecting functional gastrointestinal disorders / P. Porcelli, O. Todarello -- Psychological factors affecting oncology conditions / L. Grassi ... [et al.] -- Psychological factors affecting cardiologic conditions / C. Rafanelli ... [et al.] -- Toward a biopsychosocial approach to skin diseases / A. Picardi, P. Pasquini -- Psychological factors affecting medical conditions in consultation-liaison psychiatry / A. Bellomo ... [et al.] -- Psychological factors affecting medical conditions in consultation-liaison psychiatry / A. Bellomo ... [et al.] -- Psychological factors affecting eating disorders / S. Fassino ... [et al.].
- Psychology of serial killer investigations 2003, ScienceDirectRecognition and acknowledgment of serial murder -- The archetypal serial killer task force investigation: the Yorkshire Ripper Case -- Anatomy of an investigation -- The consulting detective -- The Paul Bernardo Case -- Profiling the serial killer: the efficacy of profiling -- Taking control of denial and defeat -- The playbook -- Best practices.
- Psychopathology and the family 2005, ScienceDirectGenetics and the family environment / Thalia C. Eley and Jennifer Y.F. Lau -- The role of parenting in the development of psychopathology : an overview of research using the Parental Bonding Instrument / Gemma L. Gladstone and Gordon B. Parker -- Attachment and psychopathology : a lifespan perspective / Judy Ungerer and Catherine McMahon -- Interparental conflict, violence, and psychopathology / Jennifer L. Hudson -- Oppositional and conduct problems / David J. Hawes and Mark R. Dadds -- Attention-deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and the family : a developmental psychopathology perspective / Eric J. Mash and Charlotte Johnston -- Family factors and the development of anxiety disorders / Natalie S. Gar, Jennifer L. Hudson and Ronald M. Rapee -- Eating disorders / Tracey Wolfe -- Familial risk factors for substance use disorders / Shelli Avenevoli, Kevin P. Conway, and Kathleen Ries Merikangas -- Parenting and personality disorders / Joel Paris -- Family factors in schizophrenia and bipolar disorder / Jill M. Hooley, Kristen A. Woodberry, and Caitlin Ferriter -- Depression and the family / Judy Garber -- Family involvement in psychotherapy : what's the evidence? / Katharina Manassis -- Clinical perspectives on involving the family in treatment / Frank M. Dattilio -- Family intervention and prevention of behavioural and emotional disorders in childhood and adolescence / Matthew R. Sanders and Alan Ralph.
- Psychosomatic assessment 2012, KargerPrinciples of psychosomatic assessment / Fava, G.A., Sonino, N., Wise, T.N. -- The psychosomatic interview / Wise, T.N., Dellemonache, P.M.; Bachawati, M.M. -- Evaluating childhood adversity / Thabrew, H., de Sylva, S., Romans, S.E. -- Evaluating life events and chronic stressors in relation to health : stressors and health in clinical work / Theorell, T. -- Assessment of lifestyle in relation to health / Tomba, E. -- Assessment of sexual function in the medically ill : psychosomatic approach to sexual functioning / Balon, R. -- Psychological factors in medical disorders assessed with the diagnostic criteria for psychosomatic research / Porcelli, P., Todarello, O. -- Mood and anxiety in the medically ill / Bech, P. -- Assessment of personality in psychosomatic medicine : current concepts -- Cosci, F. -- Illness behavior / Sirri, L., Grandi, S. -- Assessment of psychological well-being in psychosomatic medicine -- Rafanelli, C., Ruini, C. -- Family assessment in the medical setting / Keitner, G.I. -- Relational ethics and psychosomatic assessment / Barbosa, A.
- Psychosomatic medicine 2006, Ovid
- Psychotherapeutic diagnostics 2008, Springer
- PTSD 2006, Springer
- Key methodological issues -- Distress/protection vulnerability model of quality of life impairment syndrome -- Role of dopamine in pleasure, reward and subjective responses to drugs -- Neuroendocrine functions,mood and quality of life -- In the mind of the beholder neuronal mediators for the effect of emotional experience on quality of life -- Cross-cultural quality of life research in mental health -- Measuring the value of health-related quality of life -- Comparison of instruments for measuring the quality of life impairment syndrome in severe mental disorders -- Integrative bottom-up approach to HRQQL measurement -- Quality of life impairment syndrome in severe mental disorders -- Health related quality of life in subjects at risk for a first episode of psychosis -- Quality of life impairment syndrome in schizophrenia -- Insight and quality of life in schizophrenia spectrum disorders -- Quality of life and major depression -- Quality of life impairment in bipolar disorder -- Quality of life impairment in anxiety disorders -- Quality of life in obsessive-compulsive disorder -- Treatment and rehabilitation issues -- Antipsychotic medications, schizophrenia and the issue of quality of life -- Quality of life outcomes of ECT -- Quality of life in mental health services -- Subjective quality of life in relation to psychiatric rehabilitation and daily life -- Cost-utility analysis.
- Representation and brain 2007, Springer
- Schizophrenia is a misdiagnosis 2012, Springer
- Self-assessment in clinical psychiatry 2007, PsychiatryOnline
- Serial murder and the psychology of violent crimes 2007, SpringerPt. I. The psychology of serial violent crimes. Normalcy in behavioral characteristics of the sadistic serial killer / Jack Levin and James Alan Fox -- The compulsive-repetitive offender: behavioral patterns, motivational dynamics / Louis B. Schlesinger -- Serial juvenile sex offenders and their offenses / Jessica Woodhams, Clive Hollin and Ray Bull -- A study of offense patterns and psychopathological characteristics among recidivistic Finnish homicide offenders / Helinä Häkkänen -- Sensational and extreme interests in adolescents / Kathy E Charles and Vincent Egan -- Narcissism, sadism and loneliness: the case of serial killer Jeffrey Dahmer / George B. Palermo -- pt. 2. New dimensions to violent crime. Sexual homicide: an overview of contemporary empirical research / Leonard I. Morgenbesser and Richard N. Kocsis -- Serial killers and serial rapists: a preliminary comparison of violence typologies / Stacey L. Shipley and Bruce A. Arrigo -- Firesetting: a burning issue / Jeffrey L. Geller -- The 'gentler sex': patterns in female serial murder / Hannah Scott -- Anatomy of a mass murder: a psychological profile of Martin Bryant and the Port Arthur massacre / Ian Sale -- pt. 3. Investigative considerations to serial violent crimes. Blundering justice: a case study of the Schiedam Park Murder / Peter J. van Koppen -- Sexual (lust) homicide: definitional constructs, dynamics and investigative considerations / Janet McClellan -- Criminal profile construction and investigative procedures: a study of the Westley Dodd serial sexual murders / Ronald Turco -- Psychological skills and criminal profile accuracy / Erica P. Hodges and Kristine M. Jacquin -- Profiling and professionalization of criminal investigation / Jeffrey B. Bumgarner
- Sexual dysfunction 2011, KargerUpdate on diagnoses of sexual dysfunctions : controversies surrounding the proposed revisions of existing diagnostic entities and proposed new diagnoses / Balon, R. and Wise, T. -- Sexual desire and arousal disorders in women / Laan, E. and Both, S. -- Female orgasmic disorder / Rellini, A. and Clifton, J. -- Developments and trends in sex therapy / Meana, M. and Jones, S. -- The impact of cancer on sexual function / Morreale, M. -- Management of female sexual pain disorders / Boyer, S.C. ... [et al.] -- The impact of sexual trauma on sexual desire and function / McCarthy, B. and Farr, E. -- The complexity of Internet sexuality / Daneback, K. and Ross, M.W. -- Autogynephilia : an underappreciated paraphilia / Lawrence, A.A. -- Androgen deprivation treatment of sexual behavior / Houts, F.W. ... [et al.] -- Psychological and cross cultural aspects in infertility and human sexuality / Pacheco Palha, A. and Loureno, M.F.
- Sexual dysfunction 2008, KargerIntroduction : new developments in the area of sexual dysfunction(s) / R. Balon -- Clinical and research evaluations of sexual dysfunctions / L.R. Derogatis -- Management of hypoactive sexual desire disorder / R.T. Segraves -- Erectile dysfunction / K. Wylie -- Recent advances in the classification, neurobiology, and treatment of premature ejaculation / M.D. Waldinger -- The impact of physical illness on sexual dysfunction / A. Clayton, S. Ramamurthy -- The impact of mental illness on sexual dysfunction / Z. Zemishlany, A. Weizman -- Psychotropics and sexual dysfunction : the evidence and treatments / L.A. Labbate -- Drugs of abuse and sexual functioning / A. Pacheco-Palha, M. Esteves -- Contribution of imaging to our understanding of sexual function and dysfunction / T.L. Woodard, M.P. Diamond.
- Sexual murder 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Sexual partnering, sexual practices, and health 2006, SpringerDiverse monogamies -- Multi-bonding: polygamy, polygyny, polyamory -- Child "partnering": incest, pedophilia, and child marriage -- Commercial partnering: sex work, trafficking, and pornography -- Object relations: fetish and related behaviors.
- Space psychology and psychiatry. 2nd ed. 2008, Springer
- Standard edition of the complete psychological works of Sigmund Freud v.1-24, 1953-74, PEP Archivev. 1. Pre-analytic publications and unpublished drafts -- v. 2. Studies on hysteria -- v. 3. Early analytic publications -- v. 4. The interpretation of dreams (1) -- v. 5. The interpretation of dreams (II) -- v. 6. The psychopathology of everyday life -- v. 7. A case of hysteria, Three essays on sexuality, and other works -- v. 8. Jokes and their relation to the unconscious -- v. 9. Jensen's G̀radiva' and other works -- v. 10. The cases of L̀ittle Hans' and the R̀at Man' -- v. 11. Five lectures on psycho-analysis, Leonardo and other works -- v. 12. Case history of Schreber, Papers on technique, and other works -- v. 13. Totem and taboo and other works -- v. 14. A history of the psycho-analytic movement, Papers on metapsychology, and other works -- v.15. Introductory lectures on psycho-analysis (1) -- v. 16. Introductory lectures on psycho-analysis (II) -- v. 17. An infantile neurosis and other works -- v. 18. Beyond the pleasure principles, Group psychology, and other works -- v. 19. The ego and the Id and other works -- v. 20. An autobiographical study, Inhibitions, symptoms and anxiety, Lay analysis, and other works -- v. 21. The future of an illusion, Civlilization and its discontents, and other works -- v. 22. New introductory lectures and other works -- v. 23. Moses and monotheism, An outline of psycho-analysis and other works -- v. 24. Indexes, Bibliography, etc.
- This Forum on Health and National Security, directed to addressing stigma and barriers to care, brought together a diverse group of leaders in order to expand horizons on these issues of important national need in times of war, disaster and terrorism. The individuals represented national leaders, educators, researchers and health care planners across mental health, health care systems, military and disaster care and the specific issues of stigma and barriers to care. The goal was for individuals who did not usually talk with each other or even know of each other's work, to hear new perspectives and create a new vantage point on this difficult topic.
- STOP, THAT and one hundred other sleep scales 2012, Springer
- Stress 2008, KargerNeurobehavioral medicine and stress-related disorders / Dirk H. Hellhammer, Juliane Hellhammer -- Neuropattern : a step towards neurobehavioral medicine / Dirk H. Hellhammer, Juliane Hellhammer -- Principles of the crosstalk between brain and body : glandotropy, ergotropy, and trophotropy / Dirk H. Hellhammer -- Hypercortisolemic disorders / Petra Pütz -- Hypocortisolemic disorders / Eva Fries -- Noradrenergic and sympathetic disorders / Pascal O. Klingmann, Dirk H. Hellhammer -- Serotonergic and parasympathetic disorders / Dirk H. Hellhammer, Pascal O. Klingmann.
- Textbook of psychopharmacology 2009, PsychiatryOnline
- Textbook of psychotherapeutic treatments 2009, PsychiatryOnlineTheoretical models of psychodynamic psychotherapy -- Techniques of psychodynamic psychotherapy -- Techniques of brief psychodynamic psychotherapy -- Applications of psychodynamic psychotherapy to specific disorders : efficacy and indications -- Combining psychodynamic psychotherapy with medication -- Theory of cognitive therapy -- Techniques of cognitive-behavioral therapy -- Applications of individual cognitive-behavioral therapy to specific disorders : efficacy and indications -- Combining cognitive-behavioral therapy with medication -- Theory of interpersonal psychotherapy -- Techniques of individual interpersonal psychotherapy -- Applications of individual interpersonal psychotherapy to specific disorders : efficacy and indications -- Combining interpersonal psychotherapy with medication -- Theory of supportive psychotherapy -- Techniques of individual supportive psychotherapy -- Applications of individual supportive psychotherapy to psychiatric disorders : efficacy and indications -- Combining supportive psychotherapy with medication -- Family systems theory and practice -- Couples therapy -- Emotionally focused couples therapy : an attachment-based treatment -- Psychodynamic couples therapy : an object relations approach -- Behavioral couples therapy -- Psychodynamic group therapy -- Family intervention for psychotic and severe mood disorders -- Group cognitive-behavioral therapy for chronic pain -- Theory and practice of psychotherapy integration -- Theory and practice of dialectical behavioral therapy -- Theory and practice of mentalization-based therapy -- Brain processes informing psychotherapy -- Professional boundaries in psychotherapy.
- Therapist's guide to learning and attention disorders 2003, ScienceDirect
- Therapist's guide to substance abuse intervention 2003, ScienceDirect
- Therapy in sleep medicine 2012, ScienceDirectIntroduction to sleep medicine -- Background to sleep medicine therapeutics -- Pharmacology principles -- Insomnias -- Sleep-related breathing disorders -- Central hypersomnolence -- Movement disorders affecting sleep -- Circadian rhythm disorders -- Therapy in pediatric sleep-related disorders -- Parasomnias in adults -- Sleep-related medical disorders -- Neurologic disorders and sleep -- Therapy of sleep disturbances associated with psychiatric disorders -- Special situations and the future -- Appendix: Effects of drugs on sleep.
- Therapy-resistant schizophrenia 2010, KargerHistory and current definition of treatment resistant schizophrenia / Helio Elkis -- Assessment of therapy resistant schizophrenia / Jean Pierre Lindenmayer -- Neuropsychology of treatment resistant schizophrenia / Neil D. Woodward & Herbert Y. Meltzer -- Genetic studies in treatment resistant schizophrenia / Vincenzo De Luca ... [et al.] -- Neuroimaging of treatment resistant schizophrenia / Joao Guilherme Borgio ... [et al.] -- Duration of untreated psychosis and premorbid functioning : relationship with treatment response and therapy-resistant schizophrenia / William Bobo & Herbert Meltzer -- Disease management: multidimensional approaches to incomplete recovery in psychosis / Tim J. Lambert -- The role of clozapine in the treatment of treatment-resistant schizophrenia / Herbert Meltzer -- Augmenting clozapine response in treatment resistant schizophrenia / Gary Remington -- New therapeutic strategies for resistance to clozapine and treatment resistance schizophrenia / Juliano Santos Souza ... [et al.] -- Eletroconvulsive therapy for treatment- refractory schizophrenia / Worrawat Chanpattana -- Treatment of therapy-resistant auditory verbal hallucinations in schizophrenia patients by repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation (rTMS) / Martin Jandl & Wolfgang P. Kaschka.
- Thought suppression 2005, ScienceDirect
- Electroconvulsive therapy : update and new research / Eser, D. ... [et al.] -- Repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation effects in vitro and in animal models / Keck, M.E. -- Neuroimaging of repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation effects on the brain / George, M.S. ... [et al.] -- Efficacy and safety of prefrontal repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation in affective disorders / Padberg, F. ... [et al.] -- Repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation in augmentation of antidepressant drugs / Ortega Rumi, D.O. ... [et al.] -- Transcranial magnetic stimulation versus electroconvulsive therapy for the treatment of more severe major depression / Janicak, P.G. ... [et al.] -- Transcranial magnetic stimulation in schizophrenia / Odebrecht Rosa, M. ... [et al.] --Repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation in the treatment of obsessive-compulsive disorder and other anxiety disorders / Pridmore, S., Marcolin, M.A., Mansur, C.G. -- Repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation in non-psychiatric disorders : pain, Parkinson's disease, stroke, tinnitus / Lefaucheur, J.-P, Khedr, E.M. -- Induction and modulation of neuroplasticity by transcranial direct current stimulation / Nitsche, M.A. ... [et al.] -- Magnetic seizure therapy for the treatment of depression / Lisanby, S.H., Peterchev, A. -- Theta burst stimulation / Huang, Y.-Z., Rothwell, J.C. -- Transcranial magnetic stimulation of deep brain regions : principles and methods / Roth, Y., Padberg, F., Zangen, A.
- Transgenic and knockout models of neuropsychiatric disorders 2006, SpringerTransgenic and knockout models of psychiatric disorders: introduction, history, and assessment / Gene S. Fisch -- Transgenic mouse models and human psychiatric disease / Jonathan Flint -- Transgenic and knockout mouse models: the problem of language / Linda J. Hayes and Diana Delgado -- If only they could talk: genetic mouse models for psychiatric disorders / Trevor Humby and Lawrence Wilkinson -- Spinocerebellar ataxia type 1: lessons from modeling a movement disease in mice / Harry T. Orr -- Mouse models of hereditary mental retardation / Hans Welzl ... [et al.] -- How can studies of animals help to uncover the roles of genes implicated in human speech and language disorders? / Simon E. Fisher -- Animal models of autism: proposed behavioral paradigms and biological studies / Thomas Bourgeron, Stéphane Jamain, and Sylvie Granon -- Genetic mouse models of psychiatric disorders: advantages, limitations, and challenges / Joseph A. Gogos and Maria Karayiorgou -- Animal models of psychosis / Stephen I. Deutsch ... [et al.] -- Animal models of anxiety: the ethological perspective / Robert Gerlai, Robert Blanchard, and Caroline Blanchard -- Modeling human anxiety and depression in mutant mice / Andrew Holmes and John F. Cryan -- Mutant mouse models of bipolar disorder: are there any? / Anneloes Dirks, Lucianne Groenink, and Berend Olivier.
- Transmitters and modulators in health and disease 2009, Springer
- Traumatic brain injury. 2nd ed. 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Treatment planning for person-centered care 2005, ScienceDirectIntroduction : planning the trip -- Person-centered care -- The value of individual planning -- Assessment -- Understanding needs : the narrative summary -- Setting goals -- Focusing on change : specifying the objectives -- Interventions -- Evaluating the process.
- University Department of Psychiatry in Munich 2008, Springer
- Vascular dementia 2005, SpringerThe aging population and the importance of vascular dementia / Kelly L. Lange and Robert H. Paul -- Clinical forms of vascular dementia / Gustavo C. Román -- Neuropathological substrates of vascular ischemic dementia / Kurt A. Jellinger -- Diagnosis of vascular dementia : conceptual challenges / José G. Merino and Vladimir Hachinski -- Cerebral hemodynamics in the elderly / Jorge M. Serrador and Lewis A. Lipsitz -- The cadasil syndrome and other genetic causes of stroke and vascular dementia / Stephen Salloway and Sophie Desbiens -- Estrogen, the cerebrovascular system, and dementia / Sharon X.C. Yang and George A. Kuchel -- Hypertension and cerebrovascular disease : effects of hypertension on young and middle-aged rhesus monkeys / Mark B. Moss and Elizabeth M. Jonak -- The cognitive profile of vascular dementia / Angela Lee Jefferson ... [et al.] -- Progression of cognitive impairments associated with cerebrovascular disease / Sally Stephens ... [et al.] -- Neuropsychiatric correlates of vascular injury : vascular dementia and related neurobehavioral syndromes / Anand Kumar, Helen Lavretsky, and Ebrahim Haroon -- Functional impairment in vascular dementia / Patricia A. Boyle and Deborah Cahn-Weiner -- Functional brain imaging of cerebrovascular disease / Ronald Cohen ... [et al.] -- Contributions of subcortical lacunar infarcts to cognitive impairment in older persons / Dan Mungas --White matter hyperintensities and cognition / David J. Moser, Jason E. Kanz, and Kelly Davis Garrett -- Poststroke dementia : the role of strategic infarcts / Anelyssa D'Abreu and Brian R. Ott -- Understanding incidence and prevalence rates in mixed dementia / John Gunstad and Jeffery Browndyke -- Vascular basement membrane abnormalities and alzheimer's disease / Edward G. Stopa, Brian D. Zipser, and John E. Donahue -- Amyloid beta and the cerebral vasculature / Paula Grammas -- Cerebrovascular disease and the expression of Alzheimer's disease / Margaret M. Esiri and Zsuzsanna Nagy -- The neuropsychological differentiation between Alzheimer's disease and subcortical vascular dementia / David J. Libon ... [et al.] -- Pharmacological treatment of vascular dementia / Timo Erkinjuntti ... [et al.] -- Understanding and managing caregiver burden in cerebrovascular disease / Geoffrey Tremont, Jennifer Duncan Davis, and Mary Beth Spitznagel -- Quality of life in patients with vascular dementia / Rebecca E. Ready and Brian R. Ott -- Approaches to neuroprotection and recovery enhancement after acute stroke / Marc Fisher and Magdy Selim.
- What your patients need to know about psychiatric medications 2005, PsychiatryOnline
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
Editor: Jianfang, Zhang
Translated & Donated by Muoi Arnold and Keith Arnold former Stanford faculty