Books by Subject
- Addiction medicine .....................
- — Handbook of differential diagnosis .....
- Handbook of evidence-based therapies ...
- — Vascular dementia ......................
- What your patients need to know about...
- — What your patients need to know about...
- pt. 1. ESTABLISHING THE NEED AND CRITERIA FOR EVIDENCE-BASED THERAPIES. Evidence-based therapies for children and adolescents: problems and prospects / Ric G. Steele, Michael C. Roberts, and T. David Elkin -- Empirically supported treatments and evidence-based practice for children and adolescents / Michael C. Roberts and Rochelle L. James -- Methodological issues in the evaluation of therapies / Ric G. Steele, Jennifer A. Mize Nelson, and Timothy D. Nelson -- Evidence-based therapies: translating research into practice / Charmaine K. Hig aand Bruce F. Chorpita -- pt. 2. EVIDENCE-BASED THERAPIES FOR SPECIFIC DISORDERS OR CONDITIONS. ANXIETY DISORDERS: Psychosocial treatments for phobic and anxiety disorders in youth / Wendy K. Silverman and Armando A. Pina -- Panic disorder in adolescents / Thomas H. Ollendick and Donna Pincus -- Evidence-based treatment of pediatric obsessive-compulsive disorder / Eric A Storch ... [et al.] -- Interventions for posttraumatic stress in children and adolescents following natural disasters and acts of terrorism / Annette M. La Greca -- MOOD DISORDERS AND PROBLEMS: Mood disorders in childhood / Colleen M. Cummings and Mary A. Fristad -- Empirically supported psychotherapies for adolescent depression and mood disorders / John F. Curry and Sara J. Becker -- Evidence-based therapies for adolescent suicidal behavior / Anthony Spirito and Christianne Esposito-Smythers -- DISRUPTIVE BEHAVIOR DISORDERS AND RELATED PROBLEMS: Evidence-based treatments for attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) / Betsy Hoza, Nina Kaiser, and Elizabeth Hurt -- Evidence-based therapies for oppositional behavior in young children / Robert J. McMahon and Julie S. Kotler -- Treating conduct problems, aggression, and antisocial behavior in children and adolescents: an integrated view / Paul Boxer and Paul J. Frick -- Components of evidence-based interventions for bullying and peer victimization / Anne K. Jacobs -- PEDIATRIC/MEDICALLY RELATED DISORDERS: Pain and pain management / Lindsey L. Cohen, Jill E. MacLaren, and Crystal S. Lim -- Evidence-based treatments for children with chronic illnesses / T. David Elkin and Laura Stoppelbein -- Evidence-based therapies for enuresis and encopresis / Patrick C. Friman -- Evidencebased therapies for children and adolescents with eating disorders / David H. Gleaves and Janet D. Latner -- Evidence-based therapies for pediatric overweight / Craig A. Johnston and Chermaine Tyler -- OTHER DISORDERS AND PROBLEMS: Evidence-based therapies for autistic disorder and pervasive developmental disorders / Jonathan M. Campbell, Caitlin V. Herzinger, and Carrah L. James -- Evidence-based treatment for children with serious emotional disturbance / Camille J. Randall and Eric M. Vernberg -- Evidence-based approaches to social skills training with children and adolescents / Sharon L. Foster and Julie R. Bussman -- Evidence-based treatments for adolescent substance use disorders / Deborah Deas, Kevin Gray, and Himanshu Upadhyaya -- pt. 3. IMPLEMENTATION ISSUES. Dissemination of evidence-based manualized treatments for children and families in practice settings / Michael A. Southam-Gerow, Alyssa M. Marder, and A. Aukahi Austin -- Client, therapist, and treatment characteristics in EBT's for children and adolescents / Stephen Shirk and Dana McMakin -- Implementing evidence-based treatments with ethnically diverse clients / Beth A. Kotchick and Rachel L. Grover-- Evidence-based therapy and ethical practice / William A. Rae and Constance J. Fournier -- Adoption of evidence-based treatments (EBTs) in community settings: obstacles and opportunities / Julianne M. Smith-Boydston and Timothy D. Nelson -- Evidence-based assessment for children and adolescents / Vicky Phares and Jessica Curley -- Graduate training in evidence-based practice in psychology / Thad R. Leffingwell and Frank L. Collins, Jr. -- Emerging issues in the continuing evolution of evidence-based practice / T. David Elkin, Michael C. Roberts, and Ric G. Steele.
- Handbook of forensic psychology 2004, ScienceDirect
- Handbook of generalised anxiety disorder 2009, SpringerThe changing concept of generalised anxiety disorder -- How common is generalised anxiety disorder? -- Presenting features of generalised anxiety disorder -- Comorbidity of generalised anxiety disorder with other conditions -- Burden of generalised anxiety disorder -- Measuring the severity of generalised anxiety disorder -- Pharmacological treatments -- Psychological treatment -- Which treatments, when and for how long?.
- Handbook of juvenile forensic psychology and psychiatry 2012, Springer11-34 --Developmental Changes in Adolescence and Risks for Delinquency --The "Why(s)" of Criminal Behavior in Juveniles: The Long and the Short of It --Race and Sex Disparity in Juvenile Justice Processing --Major Principles in a Minor Context: Forensic Practices Involving Adolescents --Juveniles and Criminal Responsibility Evaluations --Sentencing Juveniles to Life in Prison Without the Opportunity for Parole --Transfer to Adult Court: Enhancing Clinical Forensic Evaluations and Informing Policy --Need for and Barriers to Inclusion in Health Research of Justice-Involved Youth --Toward Establishing Standards of Practice in Juvenile Forensic Mental Health Assessment --Assessment in Juvenile Justice Systems: An Overview --Mental Health Assessment of Juveniles --The Juvenile Forensic Court Clinic in Theory and Practice --The History, Development, and Testing of Forensic Risk Assessment Tools --Assessing Juveniles for Risk of Violence --Becoming More Therapeutic: Motivational Interviewing as a Communication Style for Paraprofessionals in Juvenile Justice Settings --At the Junction of Personality Theories: Working with Juvenile Offenders --Services for Youth in Closed Settings: Gaps in Services --Implementing Evidence-Based Practices for Juvenile Justice Prevention and Treatment in Communities --Preventing Early Conduct Problems and Later Delinquency --Treating Juvenile Offenders: Best Practices and Emerging Critical Issues --Psychopharmacological Treatment of Youth in Juvenile Justice Settings --IICAPS: A Treatment Model for Delinquent Youths with Co-occurring Mental Health Disorders --Serving Dually Diagnosed Youth in the Juvenile Justice System --Treating Juvenile Sex Offenders --Sexually Transmitted Infections in Juvenile Offenders --A Self-Regulation Model for the Treatment of Pathological Juvenile Firesetters --Mentor Programming for At-Risk Youth --Responding to Child Trauma: Theory, Programs, and Policy --Psychosocial Treatment of Traumatized Juveniles --Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Among Youth Involved in Juvenile Justice --Trauma and Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Among Youth in the Juvenile Justice System: A Critical Appraisal --Juvenile Offenders with Disabilities: Challenges and Promises --Ensuring that They Learn --Female Juvenile Offenders --Juvenile Gangs --Juvenile Forensic Psychology and Psychiatry: The Movement Toward Data-Based Innovations.
- Mental health services for children, adolescents, and families: trends, models, and current status / Ric G. Steele and Michael C. Roberts -- Mental health services for young children / Diane Powell and Glen Dunlap -- School psychologiy services / Steven W. Lee and T. Rene Jamison -- Providing services within a school-based intensive mental health program / Anne K. Jacobs, Camille Randall, Eric M. Vernberg, Michael C. Roberts, and Joseph E. Nye -- Inpatient pediatric consultation-liaison: applied child health psychology / Bryan D. Carter and Renee T. Van Weiss -- Mental health services for children in pediatric primary care settings / Terry Stancin -- Providing a range of services to fit the needs of youth in community mental health centers / Julianne M. Smith-Boydston -- Outpatient-private practice model / Bernadette M. Landolf -- Inpatient treatment models / Luis A Vargas and Artenio De Dios Brambila -- Child abuse prevention and intervention services / Michelle R. Kees and Barbara L. Bonner -- Services to prevent sexually transmitted diseases in adolescents / Beth A. Auslander, Mary B. Short, and Susan L. Rosenthal -- Treatment services for adolescent substance abuse / Beverly Pringle, and Jerry Flanzer --Targeted prevention of antisocial behavior in children: the early risers "Skill for Success" program / Michael L. Bloomquist, Gerald J. August, Susanne S. Lee, Barrie E. Berquist, and Robin Mathy -- Implementing effective youth violence prevention programs in community settings / Patricia A. Graczykand Patrick H. Tolan -- Adolescent sex offender programs / William D. Murphy, Jacqueline Page, and Rebecca Ettelson -- Rural mental health services / David L. Fenell and Alan J. Hovestadt -- Mental health services for children with chronic illness / Ann M. McGrath Davis and Ngan Voung -- Psychological services for children and families who are homeless / Mary E. Walsh and Julie Heim Jackson -- Telehealth/Internet services for children, adolescents, and families / Heidi J. Liss -- Therapeutic camping programs / Keri J. Brown -- Implementation of the Felix Consent Decree in Hawaii: the impact of policy and practice development efforts on service delivery / Bruce F. Chorpita and Christina Donkervoet -- Children's services in disasters and other emergencies / Gilbert Reyes, Trisha T. Miller, Merritt D. Schreiber, and Beth Todd-Bazemore -- Program evaluation approaches in service delivery in child and family mental health / Michael C. Roberts and Ric G. Steele -- Large-scale evaluations of children's mental health services: the Ft. Bragg and Stark County studies / Leonard Bickman and Shelagh Mulvaney -- Methodological challenges in the national evaluation of the comprehenive community mental health services for children and their families program / E. Wayne Holden, Robert L. Stephens, and Rolando L. Santiago -- The future of mental health service delivery for children, adolescents, and families: an agenda for organization and research / Ric G. Steele and Michael C. Roberts.
- Handbook of neuropsychiatric biomarkers, endophenotypes, and genes v. 1-4, 2009, Springerv. 1. Neuropsychological endophenotypes and biomarkers -- v. 2. Neuroanatomical and neuroimaging endophenolypes and biomarkers -- v. 3. Metabolic and peripheral biomarkers -- v. 4. Molecular genetic and genomic markers.
- Handbook of schizophrenia spectrum disorders. Volume I, Conceptual issues and neurobiological advances 2011, Springer
- Handbook of schizophrenia spectrum disorders. Volume II, Phenotypic and endophenotypic presentations 2011, Springer
- Handbook of schizophrenia spectrum disorders. Volume III, Therapeutic approaches, comorbidity, and outcomes 2011, Springer
- Handbook on firesetting in children and youth 2002, ScienceDirect
- Health and treatment strategies in obesity 2006, Karger
- Health technology assessments by the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence 2007, SpringerFulltext SpringerAppendices: Abbreviations and use of terminology -- Critical gaps of assessment -- Consistency issues associated with NICE assessment.Introduction -- A note on objectives and methods -- NICE [National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence] appraisal process -- NICE appraisal of ADHD treatments -- NICE appraisal of ADHD treatment options: a critique -- Discussion and implications -- Which way forward?
- Helping parents, youth, and teachers understand medications for behavioral and emotional problems. 3rd ed. 2007, PsychiatryOnline
- History of psychiatry and medical psychology 2008, SpringerSection One: Prolegomenon -- Historiography: philosophy and methodology of history, with special emphasis on medicine and psychiatry; and an appendix on "historiography" as the history of history / Edwin R. Wallace, IV -- Contextualizing the history of psychiatry/psychology and psychoanalysis: annotated bibliography and essays: addenda A-F / Edwin R. Wallace, IV -- Section Two: Periods -- Mind and madness in classical antiquity / Bennett Simon -- Mental disturbances, unusual mental states, and their interpretation during the Middle Ages / George Mora -- Renaissance conceptions and treatments of madness / George Mora -- The madman in the light of reason. Enlightenment psychiatry: Part I. Custody, therapy, theory and the need for reform / Dora B. Weiner -- The madman in the light of reason. Enlightenment psychiatry: Part II. Alienists, treatises, and the psychologic approach in the era of Pinel / Dora B. Weiner -- Philippe Pinel in the twenty-first century: the myth and the message / Dora B. Weiner -- German romantic psychiatry: Part I. Earlier, including more-psychological orientations / Otto M. Marx -- German romantic psychiatry: Part II. Later, including more-somatic orientations / Otto M. Marx -- Descriptive psychiatry and psychiatric nosology during the nineteenth century / German Berrios -- Biological psychiatry in the nineteenth and twentieth centuries / John Gach -- The intersection of psychopharmacology and psychiatry in the second half of the twentieth century / David Healy --Section Three: Concepts and topics -- A history of melancholia and depression / Stanley W. Jackson -- Constructing schizophrenia as a category of mental illness / Sander L Gilman -- The concept of psychosomatic medicine / Herbert Weiner -- Neurology's influence on American psychiatry: 1865-1915 / Edward M. Brown -- The transformation of American psychiatry: from institution to community, 1800-2000 / Gerald N. Grob -- The transition to secular psychotherapy: hypnosis and the alternate-consciousness paradigm / Adam Crabtree -- Psychoanalysis in central Europe: the interplay of psychoanalysis and culture / Hannah S. Decker -- The psychoanalytic movement in the United States, 1906-1991 / Sanford Gifford -- The development of clinical psychology, social work, and psychiatric nursing: 1900-1980s / Nancy Tomes -- Epilogue: Psychiatry and the mind-body relation -- Thoughts toward a critique of biological psychiatry / John Gach -- Two "mind"-"body" models for a holistic psychiatry / Edwin R. Wallace, IV -- Freud on "mind-"body" I: the psychoneurobiological and "instinctualist" stance; with implications for chapter 24, and two postscripts / Edwin R. Wallace, IV -- Freud on "mind"-"body" II: drive, motivation, meaning, history, and Freud's psychological heuristic; with clinical and everyday examples / Edwin R. Wallace, IV -- Psychosomatic medicine and the mind-body relation: historical, philosophical, scientific, and clinical perspectives / Herbert Weiner.
- Inflammation in psychiatry 2013, KargerBasic aspects of the immunology of neuroinflammation / Wohleb, E.S.; Godbout, J.P. -- Stress and neuroinflammation / Grippo, A.J., Scotti, M.-A.L. -- Role of inflammation in depression : implications for phenomenology, pathophysiology and treatment / Raison, C.L., Miller, A.H. -- Virus infection as a cause of inflammation in psychiatric disorders / Bechter, K. -- Inflammation, neurotoxins and psychiatric disorders / Myint, A.-M. -- Essential fatty acids as potential anti-inflammatory agents in the treatment of affective disorders / Song, C. -- The brain-gut axis : a target for treating stress-related disorders / Scott, L.V., Clarke, G., Dinan, T.G. -- The question of pro-inflammatory immune activity in schizophrenia and the potential importance of anti-inflammatory drugs / Arolt, V., Ambrée, O. -- Inflammation as the cause of the metabolic syndrome in depression / Leonard, B.E. -- Glucocorticoids and inflammation : a double-headed sword in depression? / Horowitz, M.A. ... [et al.] -- Co-morbidity between cardiovascular pathology and depression : role of inflammation -- Halaris, A. -- Inflammatory and oxidative and nitrosative stress cascades as new drug targets in myalgic encephalomyelitis and chronic fatigue syndrome -- Maes, M. -- Peripheral inflammation and cognitive aging -- Lim, A., Krajina, K., Marsland, A.L. -- Inflammation in suicidality : implications for novel treatment options / Janelidze, S., Brundin, L.
- Intervening in the brain 2007, Springer
- Neural sciences -- Neuropsychiatry and behavioral neurology -- Contributions of the psychological sciences -- Contributions of the sociocultural sciences -- Quantitative and experimental methods in psychiatry -- Theories of personality and psychopathology -- Diagnosis and psychiatry : examination of the psychiatric patient -- Clinical manifestations of psychiatric disorders -- Classification in psychiatry -- Delirium, dementia, and amnestic and other cognitive disorders and mental disorders due to a general medical condition -- Substance-related disorders -- Schizophrenia and other psychotic disorders -- Mood disorders -- Anxiety disorders -- Somatoform disorders -- Factitious disorder -- Dissociative disorders -- Normal human sexuality and sexual and gender identity disorders -- Eating disorders -- Sleep disorders -- Impulse-control disorders not elsewhere classified -- Adjustment disorders -- Personality disorders -- Psychosomatic medicine -- Relational problems -- Additional conditions that may be a focus of clinical attention -- Culture-bound syndromes -- Special areas of interest -- Psychiatric emergencies -- Psychotherapies -- Biological therapies -- Child psychiatry -- Psychiatric examination [of the infant, child, and adolescent] -- Genetics in child psychiatry -- Neuroimaging in psychiatric disorders of childhood -- Temperament : risk and protective factors for child psychiatric disorders -- Intellectual disability -- Learning disorders -- Motor skills disorder : developmental coordination disorder -- Communication disorders -- Pervasive developmental disorders -- Attention-deficit disorders -- Disruptive behavior disorders -- Feeding and eating disorders of infancy and early childhood -- Tic disorders -- Elimination disorders -- Other disorders of infancy, childhood, and adolescence -- Mood disorders in children and adolescents -- Anxiety disorders in children -- Early-onset psychotic disorders -- Child psychiatry : psychiatric treatment -- Child psychiatry : special areas of interest -- Adulthood -- Geriatric psychiatry -- Public psychiatry -- Psychiatric education -- Ethics and forensic psychiatry -- History of psychiatry -- World aspects of psychiatry.
- "This study guide is an excellent aid in preparing for boards and other psychiatry exams and in reinforcing your knowledge. It offers chapter overviews of Synopsis, Tenth Edition and over 1,600 multiple-choice questions with discussions of correct and incorrect answers"--Provided by publisher.
- The patient-doctor relationship -- Human development throughout the life cycle -- The brain and behavior -- Contributions of the psychosocial sciences -- Clinical neuropsychological testing -- Theories of personality and psychopathology -- Clinical examination of the psychiatric patient -- Signs and symptoms in psychiatry -- Classification in psychiatry and psychiatric rating scales -- Delirium, dementia, and amnestic and other cognitive disorders -- Neuropsychiatric aspects of HIV infection and AIDS -- Substance-related disorders -- Schizophrenia -- Other psychotic disorders -- Mood disorders -- Anxiety disorders -- Somatoform disorders -- Chronic fatigue syndrome -- Factitious disorders -- Dissociative disorders -- Human sexuality -- Gender identity disorders -- Eating disorders -- Normal sleep and sleep disorders -- Impulse-control disorders not elsewhere classified -- Adjustment disorders -- Personality disorders -- Psychosomatic medicine -- Complementary and alternative medicine in psychiatry -- Psychiatry and reproductive medicine -- Relational problems -- Problems related to abuse or neglect -- Additional conditions that may be a focus of clinical attention -- Emergency psychiatric medicine -- Psychotherapies -- Biological therapies -- Child psychiatry: assessment, examination, and psychological testing -- Mental retardation -- Learning disorders -- Motor skills disorder: developmental coordination disorder -- Communication disorders -- Pervasive developmental disorders -- Attention-deficit disorders -- Disruptive behavior disorders -- Feeding and eating disorders of infancy or early childhood -- Tic disorders -- Elimination disorders -- Other disorders of infancy, childhood, and adolescence -- Mood disorders and suicide in children and adolescents -- Anxiety disorders of infancy, childhood, and adolescence -- Early-onset schizophrenia -- Adolescent substance abuse -- Child psychiatry: additional conditions that may be a focus of clinical attention -- Psychiatric treatment of children and adolescents -- Child psychiatry: special areas of interest -- Geriatric psychiatry -- End of life care and palliative medicine -- Clinical-legal issues in psychiatry -- Ethics in psychiatry.
- pt. 1. Using the manual -- Nursing students and instructors -- Clinical nursing staff -- Using the manual's CD-ROM to write individualized psychiatric nursing care plans -- pt. 2. Basic concepts -- Fundamental beliefs -- Therapeutic milieu -- Care delivery settings -- Sexuality -- Spirituality -- Culture -- The aging client -- Loneliness -- HIV disease and AIDS -- Homelessness -- Stress -- Crisis intervention -- Community violence -- Community grief and disaster response -- The nursing process -- Evidence-based practice -- Best practices -- Interdisciplinary treatment team -- Nurse-client interactions -- Role of the psychiatric nurse -- Role of the client --pt. 3. Care plans -- General care plans -- Building a trust relationship -- Discharge planing -- Deficient knowledge -- Noncompliance -- Supporting the caregiver -- Community-based care -- Persistent and severe mental illness -- Acute episode care -- Partial community support -- Disorders diagnosed in childhood or adolescence -- Attention deficit / Hyperactivity disorder -- Conduct disorders -- Adjustment disorders of adolescence -- Delirium and dementia -- Delirium -- Dementia -- Substance-related disorders -- Alcohol withdrawal -- Substance withdrawal -- Dual diagnosis -- Schizophrenia and psychotic disorders/symptoms -- Schizophrenia -- Delusions -- Hallucinations -- Delusional disorder -- Psychotic behavior related to a medical condition -- Mood disorders and related behaviors -- Major depressive disorder -- Suicidal behavior -- Bipolar disorder, manic episode -- Anxiety disorders -- Anxious behavior -- Phobias -- Obsessive compulsive disorder -- Posttraumatic stress disorder -- Somatoform and dissociative disorders -- Somatization disorder -- Conversion disorder -- Hypochondriasis -- Dissociative disorders -- Eating disorders -- Anorexia nervosa -- Bulimia nervosa --Sleep disorders and adjustment disorders -- Sleep disorders -- Adjustment disorders of adults -- Personality disorders -- Paranoid personality disorder -- Schizoid and schizotypal personality disorders -- Antisocial personality disorder -- Borderline personality disorder -- Dependent personality disorder -- Passive-aggressive personality disorder -- Behavioral and problem-based care plans -- Withdrawn behavior -- Hostile behavior -- Aggressive behavior -- Sexual, emotional, or physical abuse -- Grief -- Disturbed body image -- Living with a chronic or terminal illness -- Neurologic illnesses -- Head injury -- Substance dependence treatment program -- Adult children of alcoholics -- The client who will not eat -- Appendices -- DSM-IV-TR classification -- NANDA taxonomy II: domains, classes, diagnostic concepts, and diagnoses -- Sample psychosocial assessment tool -- Standards of psychiatric mental health clinical nursing practice -- Canadian standards of Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing Practice (2nd ed.) -- Communication techniques -- Defense mechanisms -- Sychopharmacology -- Case study and care plan.
- Manual of psychiatric therapeutics. 3rd ed. 2003, Ovid
- Medical basis of psychiatry. 3rd ed. 2008, Springer
- Menopausal transition 2009, KargerNormal aging and the menopausal transition : what to expect / N. Santoro, G. Neal-Perry -- Sexuality during menopause : deconstructing the myths / A.H. Clayton, D.V. Hamilton -- Cultural and ethnic influences on the menopause transition /J. Bitzer, J. Alder -- Nonhormonal factors associated with psychiatric morbidity during the menopausal transition and midlife / J.T. Bromberger -- Depression during the perimenopausal transition : what have we learned from epidemiological studies? / S. Ferguson, C.N. Soares, B.L. Harlow -- Thermoregulation and menopause : understanding the basic pathophysiology of vasomotor symptoms / D.C. Deecher -- Hormone dynamics and menopausal symptoms : the clinical role of vasomotor symptoms and sleep disturbances / R.R. Freedman -- Managing depression and anxiety during the menopausal transition and beyond : the window of vulnerability / B.N. Frey, C.N. Soares -- Psychotic disorders and menopause : the untold story / A. Riecher-Ros̈sler -- Hormone therapies and menopause : where do we stand in the post-WHI era? / M.P. Warren, K.E. Titchen, M. Steiner.
- Mental health and development 2010, WHOPeople with mental health conditions comprise a vulnerable group -- Other vulnerable groups have high rates of mental health conditions -- Improving development outcomes: principles and actions -- All development stakeholders have important roles to play -- Conclusion.
- Mental health, social mirror 2007, Springer
- Metabolic effects of psychotropic drugs 2009, KargerMetabolic syndrome and schizophrenia : is inflammation the cause? / Leonard, B.E. -- Insulin resistance in bipolar women : effects of mood-stabilizing drugs / Vemuri, M. ... [et al.] -- Obesity and mental illness / Citrome, L.; Vreeland, B. -- Glucose abnormalities in schizophrenia, bipolar and major depressive disorders / Bushe, C. -- Screening for diabetes and cardiovascular risk factors in people with serious mental illness / Holt, R.I.G.; Peveler, R.C. -- Stress axis dysfunction : a common finding in schizophrenia and the metabolic syndrome? / Afzal, A.; Thakore, J. -- Metabolic syndrome in psychiatric inpatients treated for depression / Goethe, J.W.; Szarek, B.L.; Caley, C.F. -- Hyperprolactinaemia associated with antipsychotic medications / Fitzgerald, P.; Dinan, T.G. -- Impact of hyperprolactinaemia on the general health of patients with schizophrenia / Wildgust, H.J.; Kohen, D.
- mhGAP intervention guide : 2010, WHOThe mhGAP-IG has been developed through an intensive process of evidence review. A WHO Guideline Development Group of international experts conducted systematic reviews to develop evidence-based recommendations. The recommendations were then converted into clearly presented stepwise interventions and then circulated among a wider range of reviewers across the world to include all the diverse contributions. The mhGAP-IG is based on the mhGAP Guidelines on interventions for mental, neurological and substance use disorders (http:// www.who.int/mental_health/mhgap/evidence/en/). Both documents will be reviewed and updated in 5 years. Any revision and update before that will be made to the online version of the document.--(excerpt, p. 1).
- Molecular and functional models in neuropsychiatry 2011, Springer
- Monstrous crimes and the failure of forensic psychiatry 2013, SpringerThe metaphor of the monster or predator usually a sexual predator, drug dealer in areas frequented by children, or psychopathic murderer is a powerful framing device in public discourse about how the criminal justice system should respond to serious violent crimes. The cultural history of the monster reveals significant features of the metaphor that raise questions about the extent to which justice can be achieved in both the punishment of what are regarded as ""monstrous crimes"" and the treatment of those who commit such crimes. This book is the first to address the connections between the h
- Neurodevelopmental disorders 2005, Springer
- Neurogenesis and neural plasticity 2013, SpringerNeurogenesis in the Adult Mammalian Brain: How Much Do We Need, How Much Do We Have? /Ilias Kazanis --Neurogenesis and Hippocampal Plasticity in Adult Brain /Yan Gu, Stephen Janoschka, Shaoyu Ge --Adult-Born Neurons in the Olfactory Bulb: Integration and Functional Consequences /Gilles Gheusi, Gabriel Lepousez, Pierre-Marie Lledo --Network, Cellular, and Molecular Mechanisms Underlying Long-Term Memory Formation /Mariana Carasatorre, Víctor Ramírez-Amaya --Neurotrophins and Synaptic Plasticity /Andrea Gómez-Palacio-Schjetnan, Martha L. Escobar --Differential Effects of Stress and Glucocorticoids on Adult Neurogenesis /Timothy J. Schoenfeld, Elizabeth Gould --Effects of Environmental Enrichment Exposure on Synaptic Transmission and Plasticity in the Hippocampus /Michael J. Eckert, Wickliffe C. Abraham --All About Running: Synaptic Plasticity, Growth Factors and Adult Hippocampal Neurogenesis /Carmen Vivar, Michelle C. Potter, Henriette van Praag --The Effect of Systemic Chemotherapy on Neurogenesis, Plasticity and Memory /Peter Wigmore --Novel Insights into Depression and Antidepressants: A Synergy Between Synaptogenesis and Neurogenesis? /Francis Rodriguez Bambico, Catherine Belzung --Deficient Plasticity in the Hippocampus and the Spiral of Addiction: Focus on Adult Neurogenesis /Juan J. Canales --Prolonged Running, not Fluoxetine Treatment, Increases Neurogenesis, but does not Alter Neuropathology, in the 3xTg Mouse Model of Alzheimer's Disease /Michael W. Marlatt, Michelle C. Potter --Hippocampal Neurogenesis and Ageing /Sébastien Couillard-Després --Repair of the CNS Using Endogenous and Transplanted Neural Stem Cells /R. C. Trueman, A. Klein, H. S. Lindgren, M. J. Lelos.
- Neuroimmunological basis of behavior and mental disorders 2009, Springer
- Neurological and psychiatric disorders 2005, SpringerNeural principles of neurological and psychiatric disorders / Frank I. Tarazi and Marc J. Kaufman -- Pharmacotherapeutic principles of neurological and psychiatric disorders / John A. Schetz -- Alzheimer's disease / Mark P. Mattson -- Huntington's disease / Susan E. Browne -- Parkinson's disease / Thomas Wichmann -- Schizophrenia / Stephan Heckers and Sabina Berretta -- Autism spectrum disorders / Evdokia Anagnostou and Eric Hollander -- Tourette's syndrome / James E. Swain, Robert A. King, and James F. Leckman -- Obsessive/compulsive disorder / David S. Husted, Nathan A. Shapira, and Wayne K. Goodman -- Unipolar depression / Julie A. Blendy and Irwin Lucki -- Bipolar disorder / Leonardo Tondo ... [et al.] -- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder / Kehong Zhang, Eugen Davids, and Ross J. Baldessarini.
- Neuropsychiatric disorders 2007, Springer
- Neuropsychiatric disorders 2010, SpringerPart I. Introduction -- Part II. Neuropsychiatric Syndromes -- Part III. Seizure Disorders -- Part IV. Traumatic Brain Injury -- Part V. Vascular and Inflammatory Disorders -- Part VI. Neurodegenerative Disorders.
- Neuropsychiatry. 2nd ed. 2003, Ovid
- Neuroscience of clinical psychiatry 2007, OvidHistorical perspective -- Neuroanatomy -- Cells of the nervous system -- Neurotransmitters -- Receptors and signaling the nucleus -- Hormones and the brain -- Adult development and plasticity -- Pain -- Pleasure -- Appetite -- Anger and aggression -- Sleep -- Sex and the brain -- Social attachment -- Memory -- Intelligence -- Attention -- Depression -- Anxiety -- Schizophrenia -- Alzheimer's disease.
- On-scene guide for crisis negotiators. 2nd ed. 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Origins of phobias and anxiety disorders 2003, ScienceDirectFeatures of fear and anxiety -- Functions of fear versus anxiety -- Disposition to fear and anxiety : negative affectivity -- Threat-based style of reacting to negative affect : influences upon emotion regulation -- Anxious processes -- Specificity in Salience and threat value -- Anxiety disorders -- Why more women than men?
- Pain and depression 2004, Karger
- Perinatal stress, mood, and anxiety disorders 2005, KargerA historical perspective on the psychiatry of motherhood / I. Brockington -- Diagnostic classification of perinatal mood disorders / A. Riecher-Rössler, A. Rohde -- Maternal adversity, vulnerability, and disease / S.G. Matthews, M.J. Meaney -- Behavioral perinatology / P.D. Wadhwa -- Maternal depression: an adverse early environment / A.J. Beach ... [et al.] -- Perinatal infanticide and suicide / M.G. Spinelli -- Relevance of gonadal hormones to perinatal mood and anxiety disorders / A. Ahokas ... [et al.] --Pharmacotherapy for psychiatric disorders in pregnancy / L.E. Ross ... [et al.] -- Maternal depression in the postpartum period: impact of breast-feeding on treatment planning / Z.N. Stowe, K. Ragan, D.J. Newport -- The use of interpersonal psychotherapy for perinatal mood and anxiety disorders / S. Stuart, M.W. O'Hara -- Group psychotherapy for depression in early stages of motherhood / M. Hofecker-Fallahpour, A. Riecher-Rössler -- Alternative treatment strategies for perinatal depression and anxiety / M. O'Higgins, V. Glover, M. Corral.
- Perspectives in affective disorders 2002, Karger
- Pharmacogenomics in psychiatry 2010, KargerOne tablet or two? : towards the development of pharmacogenomically informed drug dose individualization / Kirchheiner, J. ... [et al.] -- Pharmacogenomics : reflecting on the old and new social, ethical and policy issues in postgenomics medicine / Ozdemir, V. -- Pharmacogenomics and personality : role of CYP2D6 and implications for psychopathology / Peñas-LLedó, E.M.; Dorado, P.; Llerena, A. -- Pharmacogenetics of schizophrenia : bringing 'order to chaos' in the psychopharmacology of schizophrenia? / Buckley, P.F.; Miller, D.D.; Foster, A. -- Pharmacogenomics of depression / Serretti, A.; Drago, A.; Spina, E. -- Pharmacogenomics of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder / Froehlich, T.; Stein, M.A. -- Pharmacogenomics of eating disorders / Monteleone, P.; Maj, M. -- Future of personalized prescription in psychiatry / de Leon, J.
- Pharmacotherapy for child and adolescent psychiatric disorders. 2nd ed., rev. and expanded. 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Post-traumatic stress disorder 2009, SpringerPost-traumatic stress disorder: definition, prevalence, and risk factors / Terence M. Keane, Brian P. Marx, and Denise M. Sloan -- The amygdala and the neural pathways of fear / Jacek Dębiec and Joseph LeDoux -- Physiology of the amygdala: implications for PTSD / Donald G. Rainnie and Kerry J. Ressler -- Counteracting molecular pathways regulating the reduction of fear: implications for the treatment of anxiety diseases / Andre Fischer and Li-Huei Tsai -- Memory in PTSD: a neurocognitive approach / Mieke Verfaellie and Jennifer J. Vasterling -- Toward animal models of post-traumatic stress disorder / Hagit Cohen and Gal Richter-Levin -- PTSD: from neurons to networks / Rajnish P. Rao ... [et al.] -- Arousal neurons in the brain / Priyattam J. Shiromani and Carlos Blanco-Centurion -- Hyperarousal and post-traumatic stress disorder: a role for the hypocretin system / Matt Carter and Luis de Lecea -- The locus coeruleus-noradrenergic system and stress: implications for post-traumatic stress disorder / Craig W. Berridge -- Effect of stress on sleep and its relationship to post-traumatic stress disorder / L.D. Sanford and X. Tang -- Stress hormones and PTSD / Rachel Yehuda -- Low basal cortisol and startle responding as possible biomarkers of PTSD: the influence of internalizing and externalizing comorbidity / Mark W. Miller, Erika J. Wolf, Laura Fabricant, and Nathan Stein -- Functional neuroimaging in post-traumatic stress disorder / Israel Liberzon and Sarah N. Garfinkel -- The amygdala in post-traumatic stress disorder / Lisa M. Shin -- Pharmacologic treatment of PTSD / Murray A. Raskind -- Guided imagery as a therapeutic tool in post-traumatic stress disorder / Jennifer L. Strauss, Patrick S. Calhoun, and Christine E. Marx -- Virtual reality exposure therapy for combat-related PTSD / Albert Rizzo ... [et al.].
- Practitioner's guide to prescribing antiepileptics and mood stabilizers for adults with intellectual disabilities 2012, Springer
- Problem-based behavioral science and psychiatry 2008, Springer
- Psychiatric aspects of HIV/AIDS 2006, OvidEpidemiology / Margarita Alegría ... [et al.] -- Virology, immunology, transmission, and disease stage / Karl Goodkin -- Medical treatment and occupational exposure / Ellen A.B. Morrison, Jon A. Levenso -- Psychiatric assessment / María Fernanda Gómez, Mary Alice O'Dowd -- Psychological and neuropsychological testing / Joel K. Levy -- Electrophysiology and brain mapping / Harold W. Goforth, Lukasz M. Konopka -- Psychological reactions / Vicenzio Holder-Perkins, Jeffrey S. Akman -- Stress-distress spectrum and adjustment disorders / Dimitri D. Markov, Elisabeth J.S. Kunkel, Howard Field --Anxiety disorders / Annette M. Matthews, Manuel Trujillo -- Mood disorders / Pedro Ruiz -- Personality disorders / Khenu Singh, Herb Ochitill -- Cognitive disorders / Angela M. McBride, Francisco Fernandez -- Psychotic disorders / Ewald Horwath, Francine Cournos -- Substance use disorders / Stephen J. Ferrando, Steven L. Batki -- Sleep disorders / Carlos A. Santana, Francisco Fernandez -- Psychotropic drug interactions with antiretroviral medications / Philip A. Bialer, Kyle S. Kato, Vassilios Latoussakis -- Pain syndromes / William Breitbart --Sexually transmitted infections / Angela L. Stotts ... [et al.] -- Psychiatric comorbidities in medically ill patients with HIV/AIDS / Stephen J. Ferrando, Constantine G. Lyketsos -- HIV/AIDS among Hispanic Americans / Pedro Ruiz, Frank Fernandez -- HIV/AIDS among African Americans / William B. Lawson, Janice G. Hutchinson, Dianne L. Reynolds -- HIV/AIDS among Asian and Pacific Islander Americans / Lynette J. Menezes, Todd Wills, Karina D'Souza -- HIV/AIDS among American Indians and Alaska natives / Carol E. Kaufman ... [et al.] -- HIV/AIDS among neonates and infant / Andrea Stolar, Johanna Goldfarb -- HIV/AIDS among children and adolescents / Andres J. Pumariega, Margaret A. Shugart, JoAnne B. Pumariega --HIV/AIDS among older adults / Maria D. Llorente, Julie E. Malphurs -- HIV/AIDS among women / Isabel T. Lagomasino, Gustavo Rodriguez -- HIV/AIDS among men who have sex with men / Milton L. Wainberg, Kenneth B. Ashley -- HIV/AIDS among women who have sex with women / Alison R. Jones, Cynthia L. Hoyler -- HIV/AIDS among the homeless / Jacqueline Maus Feldman, Stephen M. Goldfinger -- HIV/AIDS among prisoners / Wade C. Myers ... [et al.] -- HIV/AIDS and the patient's family / James L. Griffith, Michael Golder -- Ethical, forensic, and legal considerations / James Satriano -- Religious and spiritual considerations / Daniel W. Hicks, Francis G. Lu --Psychotherapeutic strategies / Claire Zilber -- Complementary and holistic medicine / Janet Konefal, Jessica Lillisand -- Biopsychosocial aspects / Cheryl Gore-Felton, Cheryl Koopman, David Spiegel -- Suicide and end-of-life care / Mary Ann Cohen -- Prevention and education strategies / Michael D. Knox, Tiffany Chenneville -- Physician assisted suicide and voluntary euthanasia / Marshall Forstein.
- Psychiatric genetics 2003, Springer Protocols
- Psychiatric interview. 2nd ed. 2005, OvidSect. I. General principles of effective interviewing -- The initial interview: a preview -- Logistic preparations: what to do before the interview -- The therapeutic alliance: what it is, why it's important, and how to establish it -- Asking questions I: how to approach threatening topics -- Asking questions II: tricks for improving patient recall -- Asking questions III: how to change topics with style -- Techniques for the reluctant patient -- Techniques for the overly talkative patient -- Techniques for the malingering patient -- Techniques for the adolescent patient -- Techniques for other challenging situations -- Practical psychodynamics in the diagnostic interview -- Sect. II. The psychiatric history -- Obtaining the history of present illness -- Obtaining the psychiatric history -- Screening for general medical conditions -- Family psychiatric history -- Obtaining the social and developmental history --Sect. III. Interviewing for diagnosis: the psychiatric review of symptoms -- How to memorize the DSM-IV-TR criteria -- Interviewing for diagnosis: the art of hypothesis testing -- Mental status examination -- Assessing suicidal and homicidal ideation -- Assessing mood disorders I: depressive disorders -- Assessing mood disorders II: bipolar disorder -- Assessing anxiety disorders -- Assessing alcohol dependence and drug abuse -- Assessing psychotic disorders -- Assessing dementia and delirium -- Assessing eating disorders and somatization disorder -- Assessing attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder -- Assessing personality disorders -- Sect. IV. Interviewing for treatment -- How to educate your patient -- Negotiating a treatment plan -- Writing up the results of the interview.
- Psychiatric issues in epilepsy. 2nd ed. 2007, Ovid
- Psychiatry for neurologists 2006, Springer
- Psychiatry of Parkinson's disease 2012, Karger
- Psychiatry. 11th ed. 2006
- Psychological factors affecting medical conditions 2007, KargerDevelopment of a new assessment strategy in psychosomatic medicine: the diagnostic criteria for psychosomatic research / S. Fabbri ... [et al.] -- Psychosocial approach to endocrine disease / N. Sonino, E. Tomba, G.A. Fava -- Psychological factors affecting functional gastrointestinal disorders / P. Porcelli, O. Todarello -- Psychological factors affecting oncology conditions / L. Grassi ... [et al.] -- Psychological factors affecting cardiologic conditions / C. Rafanelli ... [et al.] -- Toward a biopsychosocial approach to skin diseases / A. Picardi, P. Pasquini -- Psychological factors affecting medical conditions in consultation-liaison psychiatry / A. Bellomo ... [et al.] -- Psychological factors affecting medical conditions in consultation-liaison psychiatry / A. Bellomo ... [et al.] -- Psychological factors affecting eating disorders / S. Fassino ... [et al.].
- Psychology of serial killer investigations 2003, ScienceDirectRecognition and acknowledgment of serial murder -- The archetypal serial killer task force investigation: the Yorkshire Ripper Case -- Anatomy of an investigation -- The consulting detective -- The Paul Bernardo Case -- Profiling the serial killer: the efficacy of profiling -- Taking control of denial and defeat -- The playbook -- Best practices.
- Psychopathology and the family 2005, ScienceDirectGenetics and the family environment / Thalia C. Eley and Jennifer Y.F. Lau -- The role of parenting in the development of psychopathology : an overview of research using the Parental Bonding Instrument / Gemma L. Gladstone and Gordon B. Parker -- Attachment and psychopathology : a lifespan perspective / Judy Ungerer and Catherine McMahon -- Interparental conflict, violence, and psychopathology / Jennifer L. Hudson -- Oppositional and conduct problems / David J. Hawes and Mark R. Dadds -- Attention-deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and the family : a developmental psychopathology perspective / Eric J. Mash and Charlotte Johnston -- Family factors and the development of anxiety disorders / Natalie S. Gar, Jennifer L. Hudson and Ronald M. Rapee -- Eating disorders / Tracey Wolfe -- Familial risk factors for substance use disorders / Shelli Avenevoli, Kevin P. Conway, and Kathleen Ries Merikangas -- Parenting and personality disorders / Joel Paris -- Family factors in schizophrenia and bipolar disorder / Jill M. Hooley, Kristen A. Woodberry, and Caitlin Ferriter -- Depression and the family / Judy Garber -- Family involvement in psychotherapy : what's the evidence? / Katharina Manassis -- Clinical perspectives on involving the family in treatment / Frank M. Dattilio -- Family intervention and prevention of behavioural and emotional disorders in childhood and adolescence / Matthew R. Sanders and Alan Ralph.
- Psychosomatic assessment 2012, KargerPrinciples of psychosomatic assessment / Fava, G.A., Sonino, N., Wise, T.N. -- The psychosomatic interview / Wise, T.N., Dellemonache, P.M.; Bachawati, M.M. -- Evaluating childhood adversity / Thabrew, H., de Sylva, S., Romans, S.E. -- Evaluating life events and chronic stressors in relation to health : stressors and health in clinical work / Theorell, T. -- Assessment of lifestyle in relation to health / Tomba, E. -- Assessment of sexual function in the medically ill : psychosomatic approach to sexual functioning / Balon, R. -- Psychological factors in medical disorders assessed with the diagnostic criteria for psychosomatic research / Porcelli, P., Todarello, O. -- Mood and anxiety in the medically ill / Bech, P. -- Assessment of personality in psychosomatic medicine : current concepts -- Cosci, F. -- Illness behavior / Sirri, L., Grandi, S. -- Assessment of psychological well-being in psychosomatic medicine -- Rafanelli, C., Ruini, C. -- Family assessment in the medical setting / Keitner, G.I. -- Relational ethics and psychosomatic assessment / Barbosa, A.
- Psychosomatic medicine 2006, Ovid
- Psychotherapeutic diagnostics 2008, Springer
- PTSD 2006, Springer
- Key methodological issues -- Distress/protection vulnerability model of quality of life impairment syndrome -- Role of dopamine in pleasure, reward and subjective responses to drugs -- Neuroendocrine functions,mood and quality of life -- In the mind of the beholder neuronal mediators for the effect of emotional experience on quality of life -- Cross-cultural quality of life research in mental health -- Measuring the value of health-related quality of life -- Comparison of instruments for measuring the quality of life impairment syndrome in severe mental disorders -- Integrative bottom-up approach to HRQQL measurement -- Quality of life impairment syndrome in severe mental disorders -- Health related quality of life in subjects at risk for a first episode of psychosis -- Quality of life impairment syndrome in schizophrenia -- Insight and quality of life in schizophrenia spectrum disorders -- Quality of life and major depression -- Quality of life impairment in bipolar disorder -- Quality of life impairment in anxiety disorders -- Quality of life in obsessive-compulsive disorder -- Treatment and rehabilitation issues -- Antipsychotic medications, schizophrenia and the issue of quality of life -- Quality of life outcomes of ECT -- Quality of life in mental health services -- Subjective quality of life in relation to psychiatric rehabilitation and daily life -- Cost-utility analysis.
- Representation and brain 2007, Springer
- Schizophrenia is a misdiagnosis 2012, Springer
- Self-assessment in clinical psychiatry 2007, PsychiatryOnline
- Serial murder and the psychology of violent crimes 2007, SpringerPt. I. The psychology of serial violent crimes. Normalcy in behavioral characteristics of the sadistic serial killer / Jack Levin and James Alan Fox -- The compulsive-repetitive offender: behavioral patterns, motivational dynamics / Louis B. Schlesinger -- Serial juvenile sex offenders and their offenses / Jessica Woodhams, Clive Hollin and Ray Bull -- A study of offense patterns and psychopathological characteristics among recidivistic Finnish homicide offenders / Helinä Häkkänen -- Sensational and extreme interests in adolescents / Kathy E Charles and Vincent Egan -- Narcissism, sadism and loneliness: the case of serial killer Jeffrey Dahmer / George B. Palermo -- pt. 2. New dimensions to violent crime. Sexual homicide: an overview of contemporary empirical research / Leonard I. Morgenbesser and Richard N. Kocsis -- Serial killers and serial rapists: a preliminary comparison of violence typologies / Stacey L. Shipley and Bruce A. Arrigo -- Firesetting: a burning issue / Jeffrey L. Geller -- The 'gentler sex': patterns in female serial murder / Hannah Scott -- Anatomy of a mass murder: a psychological profile of Martin Bryant and the Port Arthur massacre / Ian Sale -- pt. 3. Investigative considerations to serial violent crimes. Blundering justice: a case study of the Schiedam Park Murder / Peter J. van Koppen -- Sexual (lust) homicide: definitional constructs, dynamics and investigative considerations / Janet McClellan -- Criminal profile construction and investigative procedures: a study of the Westley Dodd serial sexual murders / Ronald Turco -- Psychological skills and criminal profile accuracy / Erica P. Hodges and Kristine M. Jacquin -- Profiling and professionalization of criminal investigation / Jeffrey B. Bumgarner
- Sexual dysfunction 2011, KargerUpdate on diagnoses of sexual dysfunctions : controversies surrounding the proposed revisions of existing diagnostic entities and proposed new diagnoses / Balon, R. and Wise, T. -- Sexual desire and arousal disorders in women / Laan, E. and Both, S. -- Female orgasmic disorder / Rellini, A. and Clifton, J. -- Developments and trends in sex therapy / Meana, M. and Jones, S. -- The impact of cancer on sexual function / Morreale, M. -- Management of female sexual pain disorders / Boyer, S.C. ... [et al.] -- The impact of sexual trauma on sexual desire and function / McCarthy, B. and Farr, E. -- The complexity of Internet sexuality / Daneback, K. and Ross, M.W. -- Autogynephilia : an underappreciated paraphilia / Lawrence, A.A. -- Androgen deprivation treatment of sexual behavior / Houts, F.W. ... [et al.] -- Psychological and cross cultural aspects in infertility and human sexuality / Pacheco Palha, A. and Loureno, M.F.
- Sexual dysfunction 2008, KargerIntroduction : new developments in the area of sexual dysfunction(s) / R. Balon -- Clinical and research evaluations of sexual dysfunctions / L.R. Derogatis -- Management of hypoactive sexual desire disorder / R.T. Segraves -- Erectile dysfunction / K. Wylie -- Recent advances in the classification, neurobiology, and treatment of premature ejaculation / M.D. Waldinger -- The impact of physical illness on sexual dysfunction / A. Clayton, S. Ramamurthy -- The impact of mental illness on sexual dysfunction / Z. Zemishlany, A. Weizman -- Psychotropics and sexual dysfunction : the evidence and treatments / L.A. Labbate -- Drugs of abuse and sexual functioning / A. Pacheco-Palha, M. Esteves -- Contribution of imaging to our understanding of sexual function and dysfunction / T.L. Woodard, M.P. Diamond.
- Sexual murder 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Sexual partnering, sexual practices, and health 2006, SpringerDiverse monogamies -- Multi-bonding: polygamy, polygyny, polyamory -- Child "partnering": incest, pedophilia, and child marriage -- Commercial partnering: sex work, trafficking, and pornography -- Object relations: fetish and related behaviors.
- Space psychology and psychiatry. 2nd ed. 2008, Springer
- Standard edition of the complete psychological works of Sigmund Freud v.1-24, 1953-74, PEP Archivev. 1. Pre-analytic publications and unpublished drafts -- v. 2. Studies on hysteria -- v. 3. Early analytic publications -- v. 4. The interpretation of dreams (1) -- v. 5. The interpretation of dreams (II) -- v. 6. The psychopathology of everyday life -- v. 7. A case of hysteria, Three essays on sexuality, and other works -- v. 8. Jokes and their relation to the unconscious -- v. 9. Jensen's G̀radiva' and other works -- v. 10. The cases of L̀ittle Hans' and the R̀at Man' -- v. 11. Five lectures on psycho-analysis, Leonardo and other works -- v. 12. Case history of Schreber, Papers on technique, and other works -- v. 13. Totem and taboo and other works -- v. 14. A history of the psycho-analytic movement, Papers on metapsychology, and other works -- v.15. Introductory lectures on psycho-analysis (1) -- v. 16. Introductory lectures on psycho-analysis (II) -- v. 17. An infantile neurosis and other works -- v. 18. Beyond the pleasure principles, Group psychology, and other works -- v. 19. The ego and the Id and other works -- v. 20. An autobiographical study, Inhibitions, symptoms and anxiety, Lay analysis, and other works -- v. 21. The future of an illusion, Civlilization and its discontents, and other works -- v. 22. New introductory lectures and other works -- v. 23. Moses and monotheism, An outline of psycho-analysis and other works -- v. 24. Indexes, Bibliography, etc.
- This Forum on Health and National Security, directed to addressing stigma and barriers to care, brought together a diverse group of leaders in order to expand horizons on these issues of important national need in times of war, disaster and terrorism. The individuals represented national leaders, educators, researchers and health care planners across mental health, health care systems, military and disaster care and the specific issues of stigma and barriers to care. The goal was for individuals who did not usually talk with each other or even know of each other's work, to hear new perspectives and create a new vantage point on this difficult topic.
- STOP, THAT and one hundred other sleep scales 2012, Springer
- Stress 2008, KargerNeurobehavioral medicine and stress-related disorders / Dirk H. Hellhammer, Juliane Hellhammer -- Neuropattern : a step towards neurobehavioral medicine / Dirk H. Hellhammer, Juliane Hellhammer -- Principles of the crosstalk between brain and body : glandotropy, ergotropy, and trophotropy / Dirk H. Hellhammer -- Hypercortisolemic disorders / Petra Pütz -- Hypocortisolemic disorders / Eva Fries -- Noradrenergic and sympathetic disorders / Pascal O. Klingmann, Dirk H. Hellhammer -- Serotonergic and parasympathetic disorders / Dirk H. Hellhammer, Pascal O. Klingmann.
- Textbook of psychopharmacology 2009, PsychiatryOnline
- Textbook of psychotherapeutic treatments 2009, PsychiatryOnlineTheoretical models of psychodynamic psychotherapy -- Techniques of psychodynamic psychotherapy -- Techniques of brief psychodynamic psychotherapy -- Applications of psychodynamic psychotherapy to specific disorders : efficacy and indications -- Combining psychodynamic psychotherapy with medication -- Theory of cognitive therapy -- Techniques of cognitive-behavioral therapy -- Applications of individual cognitive-behavioral therapy to specific disorders : efficacy and indications -- Combining cognitive-behavioral therapy with medication -- Theory of interpersonal psychotherapy -- Techniques of individual interpersonal psychotherapy -- Applications of individual interpersonal psychotherapy to specific disorders : efficacy and indications -- Combining interpersonal psychotherapy with medication -- Theory of supportive psychotherapy -- Techniques of individual supportive psychotherapy -- Applications of individual supportive psychotherapy to psychiatric disorders : efficacy and indications -- Combining supportive psychotherapy with medication -- Family systems theory and practice -- Couples therapy -- Emotionally focused couples therapy : an attachment-based treatment -- Psychodynamic couples therapy : an object relations approach -- Behavioral couples therapy -- Psychodynamic group therapy -- Family intervention for psychotic and severe mood disorders -- Group cognitive-behavioral therapy for chronic pain -- Theory and practice of psychotherapy integration -- Theory and practice of dialectical behavioral therapy -- Theory and practice of mentalization-based therapy -- Brain processes informing psychotherapy -- Professional boundaries in psychotherapy.
- Therapist's guide to learning and attention disorders 2003, ScienceDirect
- Therapist's guide to substance abuse intervention 2003, ScienceDirect
- Therapy in sleep medicine 2012, ScienceDirectIntroduction to sleep medicine -- Background to sleep medicine therapeutics -- Pharmacology principles -- Insomnias -- Sleep-related breathing disorders -- Central hypersomnolence -- Movement disorders affecting sleep -- Circadian rhythm disorders -- Therapy in pediatric sleep-related disorders -- Parasomnias in adults -- Sleep-related medical disorders -- Neurologic disorders and sleep -- Therapy of sleep disturbances associated with psychiatric disorders -- Special situations and the future -- Appendix: Effects of drugs on sleep.
- Therapy-resistant schizophrenia 2010, KargerHistory and current definition of treatment resistant schizophrenia / Helio Elkis -- Assessment of therapy resistant schizophrenia / Jean Pierre Lindenmayer -- Neuropsychology of treatment resistant schizophrenia / Neil D. Woodward & Herbert Y. Meltzer -- Genetic studies in treatment resistant schizophrenia / Vincenzo De Luca ... [et al.] -- Neuroimaging of treatment resistant schizophrenia / Joao Guilherme Borgio ... [et al.] -- Duration of untreated psychosis and premorbid functioning : relationship with treatment response and therapy-resistant schizophrenia / William Bobo & Herbert Meltzer -- Disease management: multidimensional approaches to incomplete recovery in psychosis / Tim J. Lambert -- The role of clozapine in the treatment of treatment-resistant schizophrenia / Herbert Meltzer -- Augmenting clozapine response in treatment resistant schizophrenia / Gary Remington -- New therapeutic strategies for resistance to clozapine and treatment resistance schizophrenia / Juliano Santos Souza ... [et al.] -- Eletroconvulsive therapy for treatment- refractory schizophrenia / Worrawat Chanpattana -- Treatment of therapy-resistant auditory verbal hallucinations in schizophrenia patients by repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation (rTMS) / Martin Jandl & Wolfgang P. Kaschka.
- Thought suppression 2005, ScienceDirect
- Electroconvulsive therapy : update and new research / Eser, D. ... [et al.] -- Repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation effects in vitro and in animal models / Keck, M.E. -- Neuroimaging of repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation effects on the brain / George, M.S. ... [et al.] -- Efficacy and safety of prefrontal repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation in affective disorders / Padberg, F. ... [et al.] -- Repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation in augmentation of antidepressant drugs / Ortega Rumi, D.O. ... [et al.] -- Transcranial magnetic stimulation versus electroconvulsive therapy for the treatment of more severe major depression / Janicak, P.G. ... [et al.] -- Transcranial magnetic stimulation in schizophrenia / Odebrecht Rosa, M. ... [et al.] --Repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation in the treatment of obsessive-compulsive disorder and other anxiety disorders / Pridmore, S., Marcolin, M.A., Mansur, C.G. -- Repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation in non-psychiatric disorders : pain, Parkinson's disease, stroke, tinnitus / Lefaucheur, J.-P, Khedr, E.M. -- Induction and modulation of neuroplasticity by transcranial direct current stimulation / Nitsche, M.A. ... [et al.] -- Magnetic seizure therapy for the treatment of depression / Lisanby, S.H., Peterchev, A. -- Theta burst stimulation / Huang, Y.-Z., Rothwell, J.C. -- Transcranial magnetic stimulation of deep brain regions : principles and methods / Roth, Y., Padberg, F., Zangen, A.
- Transgenic and knockout models of neuropsychiatric disorders 2006, SpringerTransgenic and knockout models of psychiatric disorders: introduction, history, and assessment / Gene S. Fisch -- Transgenic mouse models and human psychiatric disease / Jonathan Flint -- Transgenic and knockout mouse models: the problem of language / Linda J. Hayes and Diana Delgado -- If only they could talk: genetic mouse models for psychiatric disorders / Trevor Humby and Lawrence Wilkinson -- Spinocerebellar ataxia type 1: lessons from modeling a movement disease in mice / Harry T. Orr -- Mouse models of hereditary mental retardation / Hans Welzl ... [et al.] -- How can studies of animals help to uncover the roles of genes implicated in human speech and language disorders? / Simon E. Fisher -- Animal models of autism: proposed behavioral paradigms and biological studies / Thomas Bourgeron, Stéphane Jamain, and Sylvie Granon -- Genetic mouse models of psychiatric disorders: advantages, limitations, and challenges / Joseph A. Gogos and Maria Karayiorgou -- Animal models of psychosis / Stephen I. Deutsch ... [et al.] -- Animal models of anxiety: the ethological perspective / Robert Gerlai, Robert Blanchard, and Caroline Blanchard -- Modeling human anxiety and depression in mutant mice / Andrew Holmes and John F. Cryan -- Mutant mouse models of bipolar disorder: are there any? / Anneloes Dirks, Lucianne Groenink, and Berend Olivier.
- Transmitters and modulators in health and disease 2009, Springer
- Traumatic brain injury. 2nd ed. 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Treatment planning for person-centered care 2005, ScienceDirectIntroduction : planning the trip -- Person-centered care -- The value of individual planning -- Assessment -- Understanding needs : the narrative summary -- Setting goals -- Focusing on change : specifying the objectives -- Interventions -- Evaluating the process.
- University Department of Psychiatry in Munich 2008, Springer
- Vascular dementia 2005, SpringerThe aging population and the importance of vascular dementia / Kelly L. Lange and Robert H. Paul -- Clinical forms of vascular dementia / Gustavo C. Román -- Neuropathological substrates of vascular ischemic dementia / Kurt A. Jellinger -- Diagnosis of vascular dementia : conceptual challenges / José G. Merino and Vladimir Hachinski -- Cerebral hemodynamics in the elderly / Jorge M. Serrador and Lewis A. Lipsitz -- The cadasil syndrome and other genetic causes of stroke and vascular dementia / Stephen Salloway and Sophie Desbiens -- Estrogen, the cerebrovascular system, and dementia / Sharon X.C. Yang and George A. Kuchel -- Hypertension and cerebrovascular disease : effects of hypertension on young and middle-aged rhesus monkeys / Mark B. Moss and Elizabeth M. Jonak -- The cognitive profile of vascular dementia / Angela Lee Jefferson ... [et al.] -- Progression of cognitive impairments associated with cerebrovascular disease / Sally Stephens ... [et al.] -- Neuropsychiatric correlates of vascular injury : vascular dementia and related neurobehavioral syndromes / Anand Kumar, Helen Lavretsky, and Ebrahim Haroon -- Functional impairment in vascular dementia / Patricia A. Boyle and Deborah Cahn-Weiner -- Functional brain imaging of cerebrovascular disease / Ronald Cohen ... [et al.] -- Contributions of subcortical lacunar infarcts to cognitive impairment in older persons / Dan Mungas --White matter hyperintensities and cognition / David J. Moser, Jason E. Kanz, and Kelly Davis Garrett -- Poststroke dementia : the role of strategic infarcts / Anelyssa D'Abreu and Brian R. Ott -- Understanding incidence and prevalence rates in mixed dementia / John Gunstad and Jeffery Browndyke -- Vascular basement membrane abnormalities and alzheimer's disease / Edward G. Stopa, Brian D. Zipser, and John E. Donahue -- Amyloid beta and the cerebral vasculature / Paula Grammas -- Cerebrovascular disease and the expression of Alzheimer's disease / Margaret M. Esiri and Zsuzsanna Nagy -- The neuropsychological differentiation between Alzheimer's disease and subcortical vascular dementia / David J. Libon ... [et al.] -- Pharmacological treatment of vascular dementia / Timo Erkinjuntti ... [et al.] -- Understanding and managing caregiver burden in cerebrovascular disease / Geoffrey Tremont, Jennifer Duncan Davis, and Mary Beth Spitznagel -- Quality of life in patients with vascular dementia / Rebecca E. Ready and Brian R. Ott -- Approaches to neuroprotection and recovery enhancement after acute stroke / Marc Fisher and Magdy Selim.
- Addiction medicine .....................
- — Handbook of differential diagnosis .....
- Handbook of evidence-based therapies ...
- — Vascular dementia ......................
- What your patients need to know about...
- — What your patients need to know about...
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
Editor: Jianfang, Zhang
Translated & Donated by Muoi Arnold and Keith Arnold former Stanford faculty