Books by Subject
Primary Health Care
- ABCs of group visits 2013, Springer
- AccessMedicine Lange Case files McGraw-HillClinical cases selected from the LANGE Case Files series, edited by Eugene C. Toy, MD.
- Advice to the healer. 2nd ed. 2013, SpringerPart I. Inspirational Perspectives from History -- -- Introduction -- Ancient times -- Chinese and medieval medicine -- The twentieth century -- Modern masters -- -- Part II. Practical Advice for the Modern-Day Healer -- -- Survival tips for the younger clinician -- Civility -- Lessons learned from private practice -- A doctor's journal -- Heal thyself -- The healer.
- Atlas of primary care procedures 2004, Ovid
- Behavioral consultation and primary care 2007, Springer
- Behavioral medicine. 3rd ed. 2008, AccessMedicine
- Biological, chemical, and radiological terrorism 2008, SpringerEmergency preparedness for the primary care physician -- Biological terrorism -- Chemical terrorism -- Radiological terrorism -- Mental health and terrorism -- The primary care physician's role in supporting the public health response to biological, chemical, and radiological terrorism.
- Registration for examinations -- Test-taking tips -- Internal medicine -- Pediatrics -- Obstetrics and gynecology -- Psychiatry -- Surgery -- Geriatrics -- Pictorial atlas -- Clinical problem set 1 -- Clinical problem set 2 -- Clinical problem set 3.
- "Bratton's Family Medicine Board Review, Fourth Edition, is a directed review of important topics that typically appear on American Board of Family Medicine (ABFM) in-training examinations, board certification examinations, and recertification examinations. This material is not intended for a comprehensive review but, instead, should direct the examinee to areas of weakness that may need further review. Family medicine is a broad field, and to provide a complete, comprehensive review of all topics that may be covered is extremely time consuming if not impossible. Several other courses attempt to provide this type of review; however, this book is more abbreviated and focuses on topics that are commonly found on board examinations. Adequate preparation for any test is the key to success and rewarding results. Given this, we all know the importance of practice tests and the benefits of testing our knowledge base before the actual examination. This review book is structured for the examinee with limited time and resources for review and should be used only by those individuals with an established foundation of knowledge within the field of family medicine. Its primary purpose is to identify areas of weakness that can be improved on"--Provided by publisher.
- Cardiology in family practice 2006, SpringerAcute coronary syndromes -- Arrhythmias -- Prevention of bacterial endocarditis -- Congestive heart failure -- Hyperlipidemia -- Hypertension -- Pericardial diseases -- Stable angina -- Valvular disease.
- Clinical manual of fever in children 2009, Springer
- Clinical uncertainty in primary care 2013, SpringerUncertainty and clinical method -- Learning about uncertainty in professional practice -- Balint groups and peer supervision -- Research on Balint groups -- The thistle and the maple leaf: practice-based small-group learning in Canada and Scotland -- Narrative-based supervision -- Training in narrative-based supervision: conversations inviting change -- Practice inquiry: uncertainty learning in primary care practice -- Using practice inquiry to engage uncertainty in residency education -- "We're all in the same boat:" potentials and tensions when learning through sharing uncertainty in peer supervision groups -- Case-based learning in Swedish primary health care: strengths and challenges.
- Color atlas of family medicine 2009, AccessMedicinePart 1. Learning with images and digital photography -- Part 2. The essence of family medicine -- Part 3. Physical and sexual abuse -- Part 4. Ophthamology -- Part 5. Ear, nose, and throat -- Part 6. Oral health -- Part 7. The heart and circulation -- Part 8. The lungs -- Part 9. The gut -- Part 10. The urinary tract -- Part 11. Women's health -- Part 12. Musculoskeletal problems -- Part 13. Dermatology -- Part 14. Podiatry -- Part 15. Infectious diseases -- Part 16. Endocrine -- Part 17. Neurology -- Part 18. Substance abuse -- Appendixes.
- Common musculoskeletal problems 2010, Springer
- Current diagnosis & treatment in family medicine. 2nd ed. 2007, AccessMedicine
- Dermatology skills for primary care 2006, SpringerSpecific history -- Dermatologic physical examination -- Indicated supporting diagnostic data -- Therapy -- Molluscum contagiosum (dimple warts) -- Verruca vulgaris (common warts) -- Seborrheic dermatitis (dandruff) -- Pityriasis rosea -- Psoriasis vulgaris -- Lichen planus -- Miliaria rubra (prickly heat) -- Scabies -- Erythrasma -- Tinea (superficial fungi, dermatophytosis, ringworm) -- Urticaria (urticaria simplex, common hives) -- Fixed drug eruption -- Erysipelas/cellulitis -- Erythema multiforme -- Lupus erythematosus -- Toxicodendron dermatitis (poison oak, poison ivy, poison sumac; also known as Rhus dermatitis) -- Atopic dermatitis (atopic eczema, disseminated neurodermatitis -- Besnier's prurigo) -- Asteatotic eczema (xerosis, xerotic eczema, eczema craquelé, eczema cannalé, eczema hiemalis, winter itch) -- Senile purpura (Bateman's purpura) -- Striae distensae (striae atrophicans, striae gravidarum, stretch marks) -- Seborrheic keratosis (old age spots, liver spots) -- Ephelides (freckles) -- Lentigines -- Melanocytic nevi -- Malignant melanoma -- Actinic keratosis (solar keratosis) -- Keratoacanthoma (molluscum sebaceum) -- Common skin cancers -- Impetigo (impetigo contagiosa) -- Herpes simplex recidivans (herpes labialis, cold sores, fever blisters Herpes genitalis) -- Herpes zoster (shingles) -- Acne vulgaris (acne, zits) -- Rosacea (acne rosasea).
- Diabetes management in primary care 2007, OvidIntroduction to diabetes -- Diagnosing and managing the metabolic syndrome in adults, children, and adolescents -- Polycystic ovary syndrome -- Managing type 2 diabetes in adults -- Physiologic insulin replacement therapy -- Insulin pump therapy -- Assessing glycemic control using home blood glucose monitoring, continuous glucose sensing, and glycated hemoglobin (A1C) testing -- Management of diabetes in pregnancy, childhood, and adolescence -- Lifestyle interventions for patients with diabetes -- In-patient management of patients with diabetes -- Screening, diagnosis, and management of diabetes-related complications -- Amylin, glucagon-like peptide-1 receptor agonists, and dipeptidyl peptidase IV (DPP-IV) inhibitors as novel treatments for diabetes -- Managing mental illness in patients with diabetes.
- Disorders of the respiratory tract 2006, Springer
- Essential practice guidelines in primary care 2007, SpringerSeventh report of the Joint National Committee on Prevention, Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment Of High Blood Pressure / Benjamin J. Epstein -- Hyperlipidemia / Andrew Cohen and Neil S. Skolnik -- Management of newly diagnosed atrial fibrillation: a clinical practice guideline from the American Academy of Family Physicians and the American College of Physicians / Jaya Udayasankar and Doron Schneider -- Antithrombotic therapy for venous thromboembolic disease / George P.N. Samraj -- Antithrombotic therapy for atrial fibrillation, valvular heart disease, management of elevated INRs and perioperative management / Ann Peff and Doron Schneider -- Prevention of bacterial endocarditis / Margot Boigon and Doron Schneider -- Clinical guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of asthma / Michael Gagnon and Neil S. Skolnik -- Community acquired pneumonia and health-care associated pneumonia clinical guidelines / John Russell -- Diagnosis and management of otitis media: joint guidelines from the American Academy of Pediatrics and American Academy of Family Physicians / Richard Neill --Appropriate antibiotic use for treatment of nonspecific upper respiratory infections, rhinosinusitis, and acute bronchitis in adults / Tina H. Degnan and Neil S. Skolnik -- Group A streptococcal pharyngitis: the Infectious Disease Society of America / Mario Napoletano -- Prevention of perinatal group B streptococcal disease / Ross Albert, Neil S. Skolnik, and Richard Neill -- Adult immunizations / Brett Fissell and Neil S. Skolnik -- Rabies prevention / Doron Schneider -- Practice guidelines for the management of infectious diarrhea / Pam Fenstemacher -- Tuberculosis testing and treatment of latent infection / Pam Fenstemacher -- Sexually transmitted diseases treatment guidelines, 2006 / Neil S. Skolnik -- Updated US public health service guidelines for the management of occupational exposure to HBV, HCV, and HIV and recommendations for postexposure prophylaxis / David Gary Smith -- Screening for osteoporosis in postmenopausal women / Richard Neill --Managing abnormal cervical cytology and cervical intraepithelial neoplasia: 2001 consensus guidelines / Amy Clouse -- Dementia / William McCarberg -- Diagnosis and treatment of migraine headaches / Richard Neill -- Concussion guidelines in athletes / David Webner -- Restless legs syndrome / Matthew Clark -- Depression: pharmacological treatment / John E. Sutherland -- Diagnosis, evaluation, and treatment of the school-aged child with attention deficit hyperactive disorder / Richard Neill -- Practice guidelines for the treatment of patients with delirium / Mary Hofmann and Doron Schneider -- Panic disorder / Diane Dietzen and Doron Schneider.
- Internal medicine / editor, Jeff Susman -- Pediatrics / editor, Mitchell S. King -- Obstetrics / editor, Robert W. Bales -- Gynecology / editor, Robert W. Bales -- Psychiatry / editor, Matthew Hunsaker -- Surgery / editor, Robert W. Bales -- Geriatrics / editor, Mitchell S. King -- Community medicine / editor, Matthew Hunsaker -- Clinical set problems / editor, Martin S. Lipsky.
- Family-oriented primary care. 2nd ed. 2005, Springer
- Ferri's Clinical advisor 2012, MD Consult
- Field guide to bedside diagnosis. 2nd ed. 2007, Ovid
- Guide to the primary care of neurological disorders. 2nd ed. 2008, Thieme Book
- Hyperlipidemia management for primary care 2008, Springer
- PART 1: Primary care for mental health in context -- Chapter 1. Primary care for mental health within a pyramid of health care -- Chapter 2. Seven good reasons for integrating mental health into primary care -- -- PART 2: Primary care for mental health in practice -- Introduction -- Argentina: Physician-led primary care for mental health in Neuquén province, Patagonia region -- Australia: Integrated mental health care for older people in general practices of inner-city Sydney -- Brazil: Integrated primary care for mental health in the city of Sobral -- Chile: Integrated primary care for mental health in the Macul district of Santiago -- India: Integrated primary care for mental health in the Thiruvananthapuram District, Kerala State -- Islamic Republic of Iran: Nationwide integration of mental health into primary care -- Saudi Arabia: Integrated primary care for mental health in the Eastern Province -- South Africa: Integrated primary care services and a partnership for mental health primary care -- Ehlanzeni District, Mpumalanga Province, and Moorreesburg District, Western Cape Province -- Uganda: Integrated primary care for mental health in the Sembabule District -- United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland: Primary care for mental health for disadvantaged communities in London -- -- Report conclusions -- -- Annex 1: Improving the practice of primary care for mental health
- Manual of family practice. 2nd ed. 2002, Ovid
- Obesity management in family practice 2006, Springer
- Obstetrics in family medicine 2006, SpringerPhysiology -- Preconception care -- Prenatal care -- Medications in pregnancy -- Dysmorphic growth and genetic abnormalities -- Intrauterine growth restriction -- Preterm labor -- Premature rupture of membranes -- Early pregnancy bleeding -- Late pregnancy bleeding -- Recurrent spontaneous abortion -- Rh isoimmunization -- Infection in pregnancy -- Hypertension in pregnancy -- Diabetes in pregnancy -- HIV and pregnancy -- Multigestational pregnancy -- Post-dates pregnancy -- Normal labor -- Induction and augmentation -- Pain management in labor -- Operative delivery -- Prolonged labor -- Shoulder dystocia -- Malpresentation -- Fetal heart rate monitoring -- Maternal fever in labor -- Postpartum hemorrhage -- Perineal laceration and episiotomy -- Newborn evaluation -- Routine hospital postpartum management -- Complications of the hospital postpartum period.
- Primary care English 2007, Springer
- Primary care medicine recommendations 2002, Ovid
- Primary care medicine. 6th ed. 2009, OvidThe practice of primary care -- Seletion and interpretation of diagnostic tests -- Health maintenance and the role of screening -- Estimating and communicating risk and prognosis -- Choosing among treatment options -- Immunization -- Screening for HIV-1 infection -- Evaluation of chronic fatigue -- Evaluation of weight loss -- Evaluation of overweight and obesity -- Evaluation of fever -- Evaluation of lymphadenopathy -- Approach to the patient with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection -- Screening for hypertension -- Screening for hyperlipidemia -- Infective endocarditis prophylaxis -- Rheumatic fever prophylaxis -- Exercise for prevention of cardiovascular disease -- Evaluation of hypertension -- Evaluation of chest pain -- Evaluation of the asymptomatic systolic murmur -- Evaluation of leg edema -- Evaluation of arterial insufficiency of the lower extremities -- Evaluation of syncope -- Evaluation of palpitations -- Management of hypertension -- Approach to the patient with a lipid disorder -- Outpatient management of atrial fibrillation -- Management of ventricular irritability in the ambulatory setting -- Management of chronic stable angina -- Cardiovascular rehabilitation and secondary prevention of coronary heart disease -- Approach to the patient with chronic congestive heart failure -- Management of valvular heart disease -- Management of peripheral arterial disease -- Management of peripheral venous disease -- Stress testing and other noninvasive studies for detection of coronary disease -- Screening for lung cancer -- Tuberculosis screening and prophylaxis -- Evaluation and prevention of occupational and environmental respiratory disease -- Evaluation of chronic dyspnea -- Evaluation of subacute and chronic cough -- Evaluation of hemoptysis -- Evaluation of pleural effusions -- Evaluation of the solitary pulmonary nodule -- Evaluation of clubbing -- Approach to the patient with sleep apnea -- Management of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease -- Management of asthma -- Management of tuberculosis -- Management of the common cold -- Management of sarcoidosis -- Approach to the patient with acute bronchitis or pneumonia in the ambulatory setting -- Approach to the patient with lung cancer -- Smoking cessation -- Screening for gastric cancer -- Screening for colorectal cancer -- Prevention of viral hepatitis -- Evaluation of abdominal pain -- Evaluation of nausea and vomiting --Evaluation of dysphagia and suspected esophageal chest pain -- Approach to the patient with heartburn and reflux (gastroesophagel reflux disease) -- Evaluation of jaundice -- Evaluation of gastrointestinal bleeding -- Evaluation of management of diarrhea -- Approach to the patient with constipation -- Approach to the patient with anorectal complaints -- Approach to the patient with an external hernia -- Management of the peptic ulcer disease -- Management of asymptomatic and symptomatic gallstones -- Management of hepatitis -- Management of cirrhosis and chronic liver failure -- Management of pancreatitis -- Management of inflammatory bowel disease -- Approach to the patient with functional gastrointestinal disease -- Management of diverticular disease -- Management of gastrointestinal cancers -- Screening for anemia -- Screening for sickle cell disease and sickle cell trait -- Evaluation of anemia -- Evaluation of erythrocytosis (polycythemia) -- Evaluation of bleeding problems and abnormal bleeding studies -- Management of common anemias -- Outpatient oral anticoagulant therapy -- Approach to the patient with lymphoma -- Approach to the patient with metastatic tumor of unknown origin -- Approach to staging and monitoring -- Comprehensive care of the cancer patient -- Principles of cancer drug therapy -- Principles of radiation therapy -- Management of chronic cancer pain and palliative care -- Managing the gastrointestinal complications of cancer and cancer treatment -- Complications of cancer: oncologic emergencies and paraneoplastic syndromes -- Screening for diabetes mellitus -- Screening for thyroid cancer -- Evaluation of thyroid nodules -- Approach to the patient with hypercalcemia -- Evaluation of hypoglycemia -- Evaluation of hirsutism -- Evaluation of gynecomastia -- Evaluation of galactorrhea and hyperprolactinemia -- Polyuria and polydipsia: evaluation of suspected diabetes insipidus -- Approach to the patient with diabetes mellitus -- Approach to the patient with hyperthyroidism -- Approach to the patient with hypothyroidism -- Glucocorticoid therapy -- Screening for breast cancer -- Screening for cervical cancer -- Screening for ovarian cancer -- Screening for endometrial cancer -- Screening for and prevention of intimate partner violence -- Approach to the woman with abnormal vaginal bleeding -- Evaluation of secondary amenorrhea -- Evaluation of breast masses and nipple discharges -- Evaluation of vulvar pruritus -- Medical evaluation of female sexual dysfunction -- Approach to the patient with menstrual or pelvic pain -- Approach to the patient with a vaginal discharge -- Approach to the menopausal woman --Approach to fertility control -- Approach to the infertile couple -- Approach to the woman with an unplanned pregnancy -- Management of breast cancer -- Management of the woman with genital tract cancer -- Screening for syphilis -- Screening for chlamydial infection -- Screening for prostate cancer -- Screening for asymptomatic bacteriuria and urinary tract infection -- Screening for cancers of the lower urinary tract -- Evaluation of the patient with hematuria -- Evaluation of the patient with proteinuria -- Evaluation of scrotal pain, masses, and swelling -- Medical evaluation and management of erectile dysfunction -- Approach to dysuria and urinary tract infections in women -- Approach to incontinence and other forms of lower urinary tract dysfunction -- Approach to the patient with nephrolithiasis -- Approach to the male patient with urethritis -- Approach to the patient with gonorrhea -- Approach to benign prostatic hyperplasia -- Management of acute and chronic prostatitis -- Management of urinary tract infection in men -- Management of syphilis and other sexually transmitted diseases -- Management of the patient with chronic kidney disease -- Management of genitourinary cancers in men -- Screening for osteoporosis in postmenopausal women -- Evaluation of acute monoarticular arthritis -- Evaluation of polyarticular complaints -- Approach to the patient with back pain -- Evaluation of neck pain -- Approach to the patient with muscle cramps -- Approach to the patient with shoulder pain -- Evaluation of hip pain -- Evaluation of knee pain -- Approach to minor orthopedic problems of the elbow, wrist, and hand -- Approach to common problems of the foot and ankle -- Approach to the patient with asymptomatic hyperuricemia -- Management of rheumatoid arthritis -- Management of osteoarthritis -- Management of gout -- Approach to the patient with fibromyalgia -- Approach to the patient with lyme disease -- Approach to the patient with polymyalgia rheumatica or giant-cell (temporal) arteritis -- Management of Paget's disease -- Approach to the patient with Raynaud's phenomenon -- Prevention and management of osteoporosis -- Approach to the patient with headache -- Evaluation of dizziness -- Focal neurologic complaints: evaluation of nerve root and peripheral nerve syndromes -- Evaluation of tremor -- Evaluation of dementia -- Approach to the patient with a seizure -- Management of transient ischemic attack and asymptomatic carotid bruit -- Management of multiple sclerosis -- Management of alzheimer's disease and related dementias -- Approach to the patient with parkinson's disease -- Approach to the patient with bell's palsy (idiopathic facial mononeuropathy) -- Management of tic douloureux (trigeminal neuralgia) -- Screening for skin cancers --Evaluation of pruritus -- Evaluation of purpura -- Evaluation of disturbances in pigmentation -- Evaluation of urticaria with angioedema -- Approach to the patient with hair loss -- Disturbances of skin hydration: dry skin and excessive sweating -- Approach to the patient with dermatitis -- Management of acne -- Management of rosacea and other acneiform dermatoses -- Management of psoriasis -- Management of intertrigo and intertriginous dermatoses -- Management of corns and calluses -- Approach to bacterial skin infections -- Management of superficial fungal infections -- Management of cutaneous and genital herpes simplex -- Management of herpes zoster -- Management of warts -- Management of scabies and pediculosis -- Management of skin trauma: bites and burns -- Management of skin ulceration -- Screening for open-angle glaucoma -- Evaluation of the red eye -- Evaluation of impaired vision -- Evaluation of eye pain -- Evaluation of dry eyes -- Evaluation of common visual disturbances: flashing lights, floaters, and other transient phenomena -- Evaluation of exophthalmos -- Evaluation of watery eyes -- Management of the patient with age-related macular degeneration -- Management of glaucoma -- Management of cataracts -- Management of diabetic retinopathy -- Correction of vision -- Screening for oral cancer -- Evaluation of hearing loss -- Approach to epistaxis -- Evaluation of facial pain and swelling -- Evaluation of smell and taste disturbances -- Approach to the patient with hoarseness -- Evaluation of tinnitus -- Approach to the patient with otitis -- Approach to the patient with sinusitis -- Approach to the patient with pharyngitis -- Approach to the patient with hiccups -- Approach to the patient with chronic nasal congestion and discharge -- Approach to the patient with exessive snoring -- Approach to the patient with aphthous stomatitis -- Management of temporomandibular joint dysfunction -- Approach to the patient with anxiety -- Approach to the patient with depression -- Approach to the patient with an alcohol problem -- Approach to the patient with sexual dysfunction -- Approach to the somatizing patient -- Approach to the angry patient -- Approach to the patient with insomnia -- Management of obesity -- Approach to eating disorders -- Approach to drug abuse and dependence -- Approach to the patient with chronic nonmalignanat pain -- Herbal supplements commonly used as complementary or alternative therapy -- Caring for the adolescent patient -- Approach to frailty in older adults.
- Primary care sleep medicine 2007, SpringerSleep disorders in primary care : evidence-based clinical practice / James F. Pagel -- Epidemiology of sleep / Lauren Hale -- Assessment of insomnia / Edward J. Stepanski -- Cognitive-behavioral therapy approaches for insomnia / Edward J. Stepanski -- Pharmacological treatment of insomnia / James M. Parish -- Determinants and measurements of daytime sleepiness / Neil S. Freedman -- Central sleep apnea : implications for the failing heart / Virend K. Somers -- Obstructive sleep apnea : clinical presentation / Charles W. Atwood, Jr. -- Obstructive sleep apnea/hypopnea syndrome : epidemiology and pathogenesis / Brian A. Boehlecke -- Evidence and mechanisms linking obstructive sleep apnea to cardiovascular disease / Virend K. Somers -- Treatment for obstructive sleep apnea : surgical and alternative treatments / James M. Parish -- Positive airway pressure therapy for obstructive sleep apnea/hypopnea syndrome / Neil S. Freedman -- Oral appliances for the treatment of obstructive sleep apnea / Donald A. Falace -- Medicolegal aspects of obstructive sleep apnea/hypopnea syndrome / Brian A. Boehlecke -- Overview of the treatment of obesity / Neil S. Freedman -- Sleep in patients with pulmonary disease / Susan M. Harding -- Pediatric sleep I : normal sleep and nonrespiratory sleep complaints, infancy through adolescence / David M. Hiestand -- Pediatric sleep II: pediatric sleep-disordered breathing / David M. Hiestand -- Sleep and sleep disorders in women / Fiona C. Baker, Kathryn A. Lee, and R. Manber -- Parasomnia in adults / Ruth M. Benca -- Clinical features, diagnosis, and treatment of narcolepsy / Lois E. Krahn -- Mental disorders associated with disturbed sleep / Lois E. Krahn -- Sleep and the esophagus / Susan M. Harding -- Circadian rhythm disorders / Lois E. Krahn -- Bruxism / Donald A. Falace -- Restless legs syndrome and periodic limb movements / Michael J. Thorpy -- Introduction to polysomnography / Bashir A. Chaudhary -- Portable monitoring / Charles W. Atwood, Jr. -- Correct CPT coding, billing, and documentation in sleep medicine / Barbara A. Phillips.
- Quo vadis medical healing 2009, SpringerMedical healing implies knowledge of the assumptions that underlie our understanding of 'health', and, concomitantly, how we define well being and its opposites, illness and disease. Today, health, health care (business, wellness, recreation), and medicine (especially research-driven scientific medicine) have become separate entities with different institutions, budgets, marketing philosophies and 'corporate cultures'. Furthermore, healing is individual and subjective, yet at the same time also culturally determined. The present volume brings together papers on these topics in an unique interdisciplinary approach. The book provides an ethical framework for healthcare from a political perspective. It discusses definitions of the terminology of healing and health and their ethical and medical implications including their historical contexts. A separate section expands the theme of the cultural constructedness of healing by the concepts of traditional Chinese medicine and homeopathy. Modern medicine has a strong focus on acute care, which urgently needs to place greater emphasis on preventive medicine including the crucial importance of social factors on health and on the emergence of 'public health'. The point of view of Business Concepts, their potential and limitations are by no means neglected and the legal ramifications of genetic research and innovative medical strategies with regard to some of our most foundational notions are discussed.
- Stroke essentials for primary care 2009, Springer
- Taylor's Diagnostic and therapeutic challenges 2005, Springer
- Textbook of Family Medicine. 8th ed. 2011, MD Consult
- Women's health in clinical practice 2008, SpringerContraception / Lynda M. Bascelli -- Premenstrual syndrome and premenstrual dysphoric disorder / Harris B. Cohen -- Menopause / Janice E. Nevin and Deborah Ehrenthal -- Osteoporosis / Colleen Veloski -- Women and coronary heart disease / Susan Mather -- Sexual problems / Lenore Tiefer -- Irritable bowel syndrome / Deborah M. Bethards and Ann Ouyang -- Urinary incontinence / Harriette M. Scarpero and Tamara G. Bavendam --Diabetes in women / Ronald A. Codario -- Polycystic ovarian syndrome / Katherine Sherif -- Cervical cancer detection and prevention / Amy L. Clouse -- Breast disorders / Lori Jardines -- Thyroid disorders / M. Hamed Farooqi and Serge A. Jabbour -- Women's oral health issues / Barbara J. Steinberg ... [et al.] -- Eating disorders / Amy L. Clouse -- Psychiatric disorders in women / Brenda J. Butler -- Intimate partner violence / Connie Mitchell and Deirdre Anglin.
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
Editor: Jianfang, Zhang
Translated & Donated by Muoi Arnold and Keith Arnold former Stanford faculty