Books by Subject
- 5-HT2C receptors in the pathophysiology of CNS disease 2011, Springer
- AccessMedicine Lange Case files McGraw-HillClinical cases selected from the LANGE Case Files series, edited by Eugene C. Toy, MD.
- Adenosine receptors 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Adipose tissue biology 2012, Springer1. Adipocyte Precursors: Developmental Origins, Self-Renewal, and Plasticity / Christian Dani and Nathalie Billon -- 2. Adipocyte Differentiation / José María Moreno-Navarrete and José Manuel Fernández-Real -- 3. Brown Adipose Tissue / Martin Klingenspor and Tobias Fromme -- 4. White Adipose Tissue / Stephane Gesta and C. Ronald Kahn -- 5. Sex Differences in Body Fat Distribution / Alain Veilleux and André Tchernof -- 6. Macrophages and Inflammation / Elise Dalmas, Joan Tordjman, Michèle Guerre-Millo, and Karine Clément -- 7. Adipocyte Growth and Factors Influencing Adipocyte Life Cycle / Srujana Rayalam and Clifton A. Baile -- 8. The Evolution of Mammalian Adipose Tissue / Caroline M. Pond -- 9. Dietary Determinants of Fat Mass and Body Composition / María A. Zulet, María J. Moreno-Aliaga, and J. Alfredo Martínez -- 10. The Genetic Determinants of Common Obesity-Susceptibility / Ruth J.F. Loos -- 11. Early Origins of Obesity and Developmental Regulation of Adiposity / Shalini Ojha and Helen Budge.
- Appetite control 2012, Springer
- Applied physiology in intensive care medicine 2006, Springer
- Applied physiology in intensive care medicine. 2nd ed. 2009, Springer
- Arterial chemoreceptors 2006, SpringerA tribute to Professor Autar Singh Paintal -- Structure of chemoreceptors -- Developmental aspects of chemoreceptors -- Molecular biology of chemoreceptors -- Biophysics of ionic channels in chemoreceptors -- Central integration and systemic effects of chemoreflex -- Mechanisms of chemoreceptions.
- Atlas of muscle innervation zones 2012, SpringerPart 1. Part I. --Introduction and Applications of Surface EMG --Basic Concepts Concerning Fields and Potential Distributions of Stationary and Moving Point Sources --Generation, Propagation, and Extinction of Single-Fiber and Motor Unit Action Potentials --EMG Imaging: Geometry and Anatomy of the Electrode-Muscle System --Features of the Single-Channel sEMG Signal --Features of the Two-Dimensional sEMG Signal: EMG Feature Imaging --Applications of sEMG in Dynamic Conditions, Ergonomics, Sports, and Obstetrics --Part 2. Part II. --Trunk --Upper Limb --Lower Limb.
- Basic aspects of hearing 2013, SpringerPeripheral processing -- Mosaic evolution of the mammalian auditory periphery -- A computer model of the auditory periphery and its application to the study of hearing -- A probabilistic account of absolute auditory thresholds and its possible physiological basis -- Cochlear compression: Recent insights from behavioural experiments -- Improved psychophysical methods to estimate peripheral gain and compression -- Contralateral efferent regulation of human cochlear tuning: Behavioural observations and computer model simulations -- Modeling effects of precursor duration on behavioral estimates of cochlear gain -- Is overshoot caused by an efferent reduction in cochlear gain? -- Accurate estimation of compression in simultaneous masking enables the simulation of hearing impairment for normal-hearing listeners -- Modelling the distortion produced by cochlear compression -- Temporal fine structure and pitch -- How independent are the pitch and the interaural-time-difference mechanisms that rely on temporal fine structure information? -- On the limit of neural phase-locking to fine-structure in humans -- Effects of sensorineural hearing loss on temporal coding of harmonic and inharmonic tone complexes in the auditory nerve -- A glimpsing account of the role of temporal fine structure information in speech recognition -- Assessing the possible role of frequency-shift detectors in the ability to hear out partials in complex tones -- Pitch perception: Dissociating frequency from fundamental-frequency discrimination -- Pitch perception for sequences of impulse responses whose scaling alternates at every cycle -- Putting the tritone paradox into context: insights from neural population decoding and human psychophysics -- Enhancement and perceptual compensation -- Spectral and level effects in auditory enhancement -- Enhancement of increments in spectral amplitude: further evidence for a mechanism based on central adaptation -- Differential sensitivity to appearing and disappearing objects in complex acoustic scenes -- Perceptual compensation when isolated test words are heard in room reverberation -- A new approach to sound source identification -- Binaural processing -- Maps of ITD in the Nucleus Laminaris of the Barn Owl --The influence of the envelope waveform on binaural tuning of neurons in the inferior colliculus and its relation to binaural perception -- No evidence for ITD-specific adaptation in the frequency following response -- Interaural time difference thresholds as a function of frequency -- Interaural time processing when stimulus bandwidth differs at the two ears -- Neural correlates of the perception of sound source separation -- When and how envelope "rate-limitations" affect processing of interaural temporal disparities conveyed by high-frequency stimuli -- The sound source distance dependence of the acoustical cues to location and their encoding by neurons in the inferior colliculus: implications for the Duplex theory -- Cochlear contributions to the precedence effect -- Off-frequency BMLD: the role of monaural processing -- Measuring the apparent width of auditory sources in normal and impaired hearing -- Psychophysics of human echolocation -- Speech and temporal processing -- Formant-frequency variation and its effects on across-formant grouping in speech perception -- Do we need STRFs for cocktail parties? - On the relevance of physiologically motivated features for human speech perception derived from automatic speech recognition -- Modeling speech intelligibility in adverse conditions -- Better temporal neural coding with cochlear implants in awake animals -- Effects of auditory nerve refractoriness and adaptation on auditory perception -- Robust cortical encoding of slow temporal modulations of speech -- Wideband monaural envelope correlation perception -- Detection thresholds for amplitude modulations of tones in budgerigar (Melopsittacus undulatus) -- Phase discrimination ability in Mongolian gerbils provides evidence for possible processing mechanism of mistuning detection -- Auditory cortex and beyond -- Stimulus-specific adaptation beyond pure tones -- Mapping tonotopy in human auditory cortex -- Cortical activity associated with the perception of temporal asymmetry in ramped and damped noises -- Cortical representation of the combination of monaural and binaural unmasking -- Processing of short auditory stimuli: The Rapid Audio Sequential Presentation paradigm (RASP) -- Integration of auditory and tactile inputs in musical meter perception -- A dynamic system for the analysis of the acoustic features and valence of aversive sounds in the human brain -- Auditory scene analysis -- Can comodulation masking release occur when frequency changes would promote perceptual segregation of the on-frequency and flanking bands? -- Illusory auditory continuity despite neural evidence to the contrary -- High-acuity spatial stream segregation -- How early aging and environment interact in everyday listening: From brainstem to behaviour through modeling -- Energetic and informational masking in a simulated restaurant environment -- A computational model for the dynamic aspects of primitive auditory scene analysis -- A naturalistic approach to the cocktail party -- Temporal coherence and the streaming of complex sounds.
- Basics of musculoskeletal ultrasound 2013, SpringerIntroduction -- Understanding Accreditation and Certification in Musculoskeletal Ultrasound -- Choosing Ultrasound Equipment -- Knobology -- Tissue Scanning -- Hand and Fingers -- Wrist -- Elbow -- Shoulder -- Foot and Toes -- Ankle -- Knee -- Hip -- Groin -- Ultrasound Guidance of Injections -- Rheumatologic Findings.
- Biomechanics 2008, CRCnetBASEMechanics of hard tissue / J. Lawrence Katz -- Musculoskeletal soft tissue mechanics / Richard L. Lieber, Thomas J. Burkholder -- Joint-articulating surface motion / Kenton R. Kaufman, Kai-Nan An -- Joint lubrication / Michael J. Furey -- Analysis of gait / Roy B. Davis, III, Sylvia Ounpuu, Peter A. DeLuca -- Mechanics of head/neck / Albert I. King, David C. Viano -- Biomechanics of chest and abdomen impact / David C. Viano, Albert I. King -- Cardiac biomechanics / Andrew D. McCulloch -- Heart valve dynamics / Ajit P. Yoganathan, Jack D. Lemmon, Jeffrey T. Ellis -- Arterial macrocirculatory hemodynamics / Baruch B. Lieber -- Mechanics of blood vessels / Thomas R. Canfield, Philip B. Dobrin -- The venous system / Artin A. Shoukas, Carl F. Rothe -- Mechanics, molecular transport, and regulation in the microcirculation / Aleksander S. Popel, Roland N. Pittman -- Mechanics and deformability of hematocytes / Richard E. Waugh, Robert M. Hochmuth -- Mechanics of tissue/lymphatic transport / Geert W. Schmid-Schonbein, Alan R. Hargens -- Modeling in cellular biomechanics / Alexander A. Spector, Roger Tran-Son-Tay -- Cochlear mechanics / Charles R. Steele ... [et al.] -- Vestibular mechanics / Wallace Grant -- Exercise physiology / Arthur T. Johnson, Cathryn R. Dooly -- Factors affecting mechanical work in humans / Ben F. Hurley, Arthur T. Johnson.
- Body composition and aging 2010, KargerContribution of adipose tissue to health span and longevity / Huffman, D.M., Barzilai, N. -- Obesity paradox during aging / Chapman, I.M. -- Central control of food intake in aging / Kmiec, Z. -- Changes in food intake and its relationship to weight loss during advanced age / McDonald, R.B., Ruhe, R.C. -- Changes in body composition in response to challenges during aging in rats / Wolden-Hanson, T. -- New haystacks reveal new needles : using Caenorhabditis elegans to identify novel targets for ameliorating body composition changes during human aging / Wolkow, C.A. -- Sarcopenia : prevalence, mechanisms, and functional consequences / Berger, M.J., Doherty, T.J. -- mTOR signaling as a target of amino acid treatment of the age-related sarcopenia / D'Antona, G., Nisoli, E. -- Mitochondrial theory of aging in human age-related sarcopenia / Parise, G., De Lisio, M. -- Exercise as a calorie restriction mimetic : implications for improving healthy aging and longevity / Huffman, D.M. -- Clinical, cellular and molecular phenotypes of aging bone / Syed, F.A. ... [et al.].
- Body fluid management 2013, Springer
- Brain-body-mind in the nebulous Cartesian system 2011, Springer
- Caenorhabditis elegans. 2nd ed. 2012, ScienceDirectAn updated edition of the classic Methods in Cell Biology volume 48, this book emphasizes diverse methods and technologies needed to investigate C. elegans, both as an integrated organism and as a model system for research inquiries in cell, developmental, and molecular biology, as well as in genetics and pharmacology. By directing its audience to tried-and-true and cutting-edge recipes for research, this comprehensive collection is intended to guide investigators of C. elegans for years to come.
- Calcium signaling. 2nd ed. 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Cardio-respiratory control in vertebrates 2009, SpringerOverview of the respiratory system / S.C. Wood -- Control of respiration in aquatic vertebrates: Gas transport and gill function in water-breathing fish / S.F. Perry ... [et al.]. Patterns of acid-base regulation during exposure to hypercarbia in fishes / C.J. Brauner and D.W. Baker. Buoyancy control in aquatic vertebrates / B. Pelster. Gas exchange and control of respiration in air-breathing teleost fish / M.L. Glass and F.T. Rantin. Effects of temperature on cardiac function in teleost fish / A.L. Kalinin ... [et al.]. Physiological evidence indicates lungfish as a sister group to the land vertebrates / M.L. Glass. Aestivation in amphibians, reptiles, and lungfish / M.L. Glass, J. Amin-Naves, and G.S.F. da Silva -- Evolution of pulmonary mechaincs and respiratory control: Trade-offs in the evolution of the respiratory apparatus of chordates / S.F. Perry, W. Klein, and J.R. Codd. Environmental selection pressures shaping the pulmonary surfactant system of adult and developing lungs / S. Orgeig and C.B. Daniels. Midbrain structures and control of ventilation in amphibians / L.H. Gargaglioni and L.G.S. Branco. Comparative aspects of hypoxia tolerance of the ectothermic vertebrate heart / H. Gesser and J. Overgaard. Control of the heart and of cardiorespiratory interactions in ectothermic vertebrates / E.W. Taylor and T. Wang. The endocrine-paracrine control of the cardiovascular system / B. Tota and M.C. Cerra. Stoking the brightest fires of life among vertebrates / Raul K. Suarez and Kenneth C. Welch -- Respiratory physiology of birds : metabolic control: Prenatal development of cardiovascular regulation in avian species / J. Altimiras, D.A. Crossley II, and E. Villamor. Control of breathing in birds : implications for high-altitude flight / G.R. Scott and W.K. Milsom -- Mammalian and human physiology: Peripheral chemoreceptors in mammals : structure, function and transduction / P. Kumar. Central chemosensitivity in mammals / L.K. Hartzler and R.W. Putnam. Human exercise physiology / S. Volianitis and Niels H. Secher.
- Print Material
- Cardiovascular physiology. 8th edition. [8th ed.] 2014, AccessMedicineOverview of the cardiovascular system -- Characteristics of cardiac muscle cells -- The heart pump -- Measurements of cardiac function -- Cardiac abnormalities -- The peripheral vascular system -- Vascular control -- Hemodynamic interactions -- Regulation of arterial pressure -- Cardiovascular responses to physiological stresses -- Cardiovascular function in pathological situations -- Answers to study questions.
- Case studies in physiology and nutrition 2010, CRCnetBASE"Today's knowledge of human health demands a multidisciplinary understanding of medically related sciences, and Case Studies in the Physiology of Nutrition answers the call. Dedicated to the integration of nutrition science with physiology, this text cohesively incorporates descriptions of human problems in order to stimulate students' critical thinking about how the body integrates various physiological factors to maintain homeostasis. This textbook uses short story-type case studies about fictional individuals who have health problems in order to address a range of issues in an approachable manner. The studies vary in difficulty, with some being straightforward with very simple answers, while others require in-depth thinking and literature research to solve. Each study presents patient background, symptoms, clinical finding, and questions to ponder. Upon qualifying course adoption, this book also includes a valuable instructor's manual, which provides solutions to exercises, problem analysis, and resolution to each case study."--Publisher's description.
- Cat primary visual cortex 2002, ScienceDirectThe concept of cat primary visual cortex / Bertram R. Payne and Alan Peters -- Optical imaging of functional architecture in cat primary visual cortex / Mark Hubener and Tobias Bonhoeffer -- 2-Deoxyglucose architecture of cat primary visual cortex / Siegrid Lowel -- Functional mapping in the cat primary visual cortex using high magnetic fields / Dae-Shik Kim, Timothy Q. Duong, Kamil Ugurbil, and Seong-Gi Kim -- Relationships of LGN afferents and cortical efferents to cytochrome oxidase blobs / Joanne A. Matsubara and Jamie D. Boyd -- Influence of topography and ocular dominance on the functional organization of callosal connections in cat striate cortex / Jaime F. Olavarria -- Essential and sustaining LGN inputs to cat primary visual cortex / Theodore G. Weyand -- Integration of thalmic inputs to cat primary visual cortex / R. Clay Reid, Jose-Manuel Alonso, and W. Martin Usrey -- The emergence of direction selectivity in cat primary visual cortex / Allen L. Humphrey and Alan B. Saul -- Long-range intrinsic connections in cat primary visual cortex / Kerstin E. Schmidt and Siegrid Lowell -- Pharmacological studies on receptive field architecture / Ulf T. Eysel -- Orientation selectivity and its modulation by local and long-range connections in visual cortex / David Somers, Valentin Dragoi, and Mriganka Sur -- Response synchronization, gamma oscillations, and perceptual binding in cat primary visual cortex / Wolf Singer -- The special relationship between B Retinal ganglion cells and cat primary visual cortex / Bertram R. Payne and R. Jarrett Rushmore -- Primary visual cortex within the cortico-cortico-thalmic network / Jack W. Scannell and Malcolm P. Young -- Behavioral analyses of the contributions of cat primary visual cortex to vision / Donald E. Mitchell -- Index.
- Cell cycle regulation 2006, Springer
- Cellular physiology and metabolism of clinical exercise 2012, Springer1.Human Evolution and Physical Exercise: The Concept of Being "Born to Run" /Livio Luzi --2.Cell Morphology and Function: The Specificities of Muscle Cells /Anna Maestroni --3.The Cell Membrane of the Contractile Unit /Gianpaolo Zerbini --4.Gene Polymorphisms and Athletic Performance /Ileana Terruzzi --5.Nutrients and Whole-Body Energy Metabolism: The Impact of Physical Exercise /Stefano Benedini --6.Mitochondrial and Non-mitochondrial Studies of ATP Synthesis /Roberto Codella --7.Excessive Nutrients and Regional Energy Metabolism /Gianluca Perseghin --8.Muscle Biopsy To Investigate Mitochondrial Turnover /Rocco Barazzoni --9.Introduction to the Tracer-Based Study of Metabolism In Vivo /Andrea Caumo and Livio Luzi --10.Physical Activity and Inflammation /Raffaele Di Fenza and Paolo Fiorina --11.The HPA Axis and the Regulation of Energy Balance /Francesca Frigerio --12.Physical Exercise in Obesity and Anorexia Nervosa /Alberto Battezzati and Simona Bertoli --13.Physical Exercise and Transplantation /Valentina Delmonte, Vincenzo Lauriola, Rodolfo Alejandro and Camillo Ricordi --14.The Baboon as a Primate Model To Study the Physiology and Metabolic Effects of Exercise /Francesca Casiraghi, Alberto Omar Chavez, Nicholas Musi and Franco Folli.
- Chemical signals in vertebrates 10 2005, Springer
- Chromatin dynamics in cellular function 2006, Springer
- Chronobioengineering Volume 1 / 2012, AtyponThis book represents the first in a two-volume set on biological rhythms. This volume focuses on supporting the claim that biological rhythms are universal and essential characteristics of living organisms, critical for proper functioning of any living system. The author begins by examining the potential reasons for the evolution of biological rhythms: (1) the need for complex, goal-oriented devices to control the timing of their activities; (2) the inherent tendency of feedback control systems to oscillate; and (3) the existence of stable and powerful geophysical cycles to which all organisms must adapt. To investigate the second reason, the author enlists the help of biomedical engineering students to develop mathematical models of various biological systems. One such model involves a typical endocrine feedback system. By adjusting various model parameters, it was found that creating a oscillation in any component of the model generated a rhythmic cascade that made the entire system oscillate. This same approach was used to show how daily light/dark cycles could cascade rhythmic patterns throughout ecosystems and within organisms.
- Circadian physiology. 2nd ed. 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Circadian rhythms 2005, ScienceDirectGenetic approaches to circadian clocks -- Tracking circadian control of gene activity -- Molecular cycles : clock protein rhythms -- Anatomical representation of neural clocks -- Mosaic circadian systems -- Peripheral circadian clocks -- Cell and tissue culture system -- Intercellular signaling -- Photoresponsive clocks -- Sleeping flies -- Circadian biology of populations -- Circadian clocks affecting noncircadian biology.
- Clinical tests for the musculoskeletal system. 2nd ed. 2008, Thieme BookThe mainstay of orthopedic diagnosis continues to be the physical examination of the patient following a thorough history. This convenient pocketbook presents a comprehensive collection of the clinical tests that are used in orthopedic diagnosis, thereby answering the following questions: What tests are available for examining a particular joint, and how are they to be interpreted? What is meant by the name of a test that is mentioned in the literature or in a physician's report? The methodology and interpretation of all relevant test procedures are presented in almost 500 instructive drawings and brief descriptions: Initial tests, Functional tests, Stress tests, Stability tests. Tables on the examination of the spinal column, shoulder joint, and knee joint help in selecting the most suitable examinations. An invaluable aid for physical therapists, orthopedic surgeons, and primary care or emergency room physicians.
- Clocks and rhythms 2007, Cold Spring Harb Lab PressIntroduction -- Clockworks -- Posttranscriptional and posttranslational mechanisms -- Genetics of rhythms -- Entrainment and peripheral clocks -- Systems approaches to biological clocks -- Models -- Development, proliferation, and aging -- Neuroanatomy and circuits -- Sleep, seasons, and mood.
- Color atlas of human anatomy. Volume 1, Locomotor system. 6th rev. and enlarged ed. 2009, Thieme BookThe body -- Tissues -- General features of the skeleton -- General features of the muscles -- Anatomical terms and their Latin equivalents -- Trunk -- Anatomical terms and their Latin equivalents -- Bones, ligaments and joints -- Muscles, fascias, and special features -- Anatomical terms and their Latin equivalents -- Bones, ligaments, joints -- Muscles, fascias, and special features -- Anatomical terms and their Latin equivalents -- Skull -- Muscles and fascias -- Anatomical terms and their Latin equivalents -- Head and neck -- Upper limb -- Trunk -- Lower limb -- Anatomical terms and their Latin equivalents.
- Color atlas of pathophysiology. 2nd ed. 2010, Thieme BookFundamentals -- Temperature, energy -- Blood -- Respiration, acid-base balance -- Kidney, salt and water balance -- Stomach, intestines, liver -- Heart and circulation -- Metabolism -- Hormones -- Neuromuscular and sensory systems.
- Color atlas of physiology. 6th ed. 2009, Thieme BookFundamentals and cell physiology -- Nerve and muscle, physical work -- Autonomic nervous system (ANS) -- Blood -- Respiration -- Acid-base homeostasis -- Kidneys, salt, and water balance -- Cardiovascular system -- Thermal balance and thermoregulation -- Nutrition and digestion -- Hormones and reproduction -- Central nervous system and senses.
- Comparative genomics 2008, CRCnetBASEIntroduction : the broad horizons of comparative genomics / James R. Brown -- Advances in next-generation DNA sequencing technologies / Michael L. Metzker -- Large scale phylogenetic reconstruction / Bernard M.E. Moret -- Comparative genomics of viruses using bioinformatics tools / Chris Upton and Elliot J. Lefkowitz -- Archaebacteria and the prokaryote-to-eukaryote transition (and the role of mitochondria therein) / William Martin, Tal Dagan, and Katrin Henze -- Comparative genomics of invertebrates / Takeshi Kawashima ... [et al.] -- Comparative vertebrate genomics / James W. Thomas -- Gaining insight into human population-specific selection pressure / Michael R. Barnes -- Comparative genomics in drug discovery / James R. Brown -- Comparative genomics and the development of novel antimicrobials / Diarmaid Hughes -- Comparative genomics and the development of antimalarial and antiparasitic therapeutics / Emilio F. Merino, Steven A. Sullivan, and Jane M. Carlton -- Comparative genomics in AIDS research / Philippe Lemey, Koen Deforche, and Anne-Mieke Vandamme -- Detailed comparisons of cancer genomes / Timon P.H. Buys ... [et al.] -- Comparative cancer epigenomics / Alice N.C. Kuo ... [et al.] -- G protein-coupled receptors and comparative genomics / Steven M. Foord -- Comparative toxicogenomics in mechanistic and predictive toxicology / Joshua C. Kwekel, Lyle D. Burgoon, and Tim R. Zacharewski -- Comparative genomics and crop improvement / Michael Francki and Rudi Appels -- Domestic animals : a treasure trove for comparative genomics / Leif Andersson.
- An introduction to fasting, starvation, and food limitation / Marshall D. McCue -- A history of modern research into fasting, starvation, and inanition / Jean-Hervé Lignot and Yvon LeMaho -- Starvation in rotifers : physiology in an ecological context / Kevin L. Kirk -- Drosophila as a model for starvation : evolution, physiology, and genetics / Alen G. Gibbs and Lauren A. Reynolds -- Metabolic transitions during feast and famine in spiders / Johannes Overgaard and Tobias Wang -- Adaptation of the physiological, endocrine, and digestive system functions to prolonged food deprivation in fish / Nadav Bar and Helene Volkoff -- Starvation in subterranean species versus surface-dwelling species : crustaceans, fish, and salamanders / Frédéric Hervant -- Physiological responses to starvation in snakes : low energy specialists / Marshall D. McCue, Harvey B. Lillywhite, and Steven J. Beaupre -- Cardiovascular circuits and digestive function of intermittent-feeding sauropsids / Rike Campen and Matthias Starck -- Thermoregulatory adaptations to starvation in birds / Esa Hohtola -- Fasting in birds : general patterns and the special case of endurance flight / Susanne Jenni-Eiermann and Lukas Jenni -- Tissue-specific mass changes during fasting : the protein turnover hypothesis / Ulf Bauchinger and Scott R. McWilliams -- Seasonal changes in body mass and energy balance in wild small mammals / Xueying Zhang, Xinyu Liu, and Dehua Wang -- Changes in form and function of the gastrointestinal tract during starvation : from pythons to rats / Jehan-Hervé Lignot -- Changes in fatty acid composition during starvation in vertebrates : mechanisms and questions / Edwin R. Price and Teresa G. Valencak -- Physiological responses to fasting in bats / Miriam Ben-Hamo, Agustí Muñoz-Garcia, and Berry Pinshow -- Muscle protein and strength retention by bears during winter fasting and starvation / Hank Harlow -- Seasonal starvation in northern white-tailed deer / Duane E. Ullrey -- Fasting physiology of the pinnipeds : the challenges of fasting while maintaining high energy expenditure and nutrient delivery for lactation / Cory D. Champagne ... [et al.] -- The use and application of stable isotope analysis to the study of starvation, fasting, and nutritional stress in animals / Kent A. Hatch -- Fearing the danger point : the study and treatment of human starvation in the United Kingdom and India, c. 1880-1974 / Kevin Grant -- Quantitative physiology of human starvation : adaptations of energy expenditure, macronutrient metabolism, and body composition / Kevin D. Hall -- Alternate day fasting : effects on body weight and chronic disease risk in humans and animals / Krista A. Varady -- Horizons in starvation research/ Marshall D. McCue.
- Complex dynamics in physiological systems 2009, Springer
- Craniofacial muscles 2013, Springer
- Cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterases in health and disease 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Deciphering growth 2005, Springer
- Dietary protein and resistance exercise 2012, CRCnetBASE"There has been a long standing controversy in the field of sports nutrition regarding the role of protein and protein metabolism in muscle development and athletic performance. The understanding of protein nutrition has changed dramatically over the last decade and this book aims to clarify and modernize the topic. This book presents the efficacy, safety, and recommendations of protein intake among strength athletes. Including case studies, the text covers historical perspectives of protein use; safety of high protein diets; specific protein types and timing of intake; weight control using protein; protein synthesis and breakdown; and nitrogenous compounds/supplements"--Provided by publisher.
- Dioxygen binding and sensing proteins 2008, SpringerIntroduction: A Dedication to Beatrice and Jonathan Wittenberg; The Wittenbergs: A Personal Appreciation; A Crystallographer's Perspective on the 2/2Hb Family; The Phylogeny and Structural Properties of 2/2 Haemoglobins; Reexamining Data from the Past Related to the Evolution of the Functional Properties of the Haemoglobins of the Teleost Fish; Evolutionary Physiology of Oxygen Secretion in the Eye of Fishes of the Suborder Notothenioidei; Mutagenic Studies on the Origins of the Root Effect; Redox Reactions of Cross-linked Haemoglobins with Oxygen and Nitrite.
- Diverse roles of integrin receptors in articular cartilage 2008, Springer
- Electrophysiological recording techniques 2008, Springer ProtocolsField Potential Generation and Current Source Density Analysis / L. Stan Leung -- Current Source Density Analysis of Ongoing Neural Activity: Theory and Application / Yonghong Chen, Mukesh Dhamala, Anil Bollimunta, Charles E. Schroeder, Mingzhou Ding -- The Juxtacellular Recording-Labeling Technique / Didier Pinault -- Neural Recording Using Digital Telemetry / André A. Fenton, Kathryn J. Jeffery, James G. Donnett -- Large-Scale Neural Ensembles in Mice: Methods for Recording and Data Analysis / Hui Kuang, Joe Z. Tsien -- Behavioral Correlates of Neuronal Activity Recorded as Single-Units: Promises and Pitfalls as Illustrated by the Rodent Head Direction Cell Signal / Robert W. Stackman -- Event-Related Potentials of the Cerebral Cortex / Steven L. Bressler -- Multisite Spike-Field Coherence, Theta Rhythmicity, and Information Flow Within Papez's Circuit / Zimbul Albo, Gonzalo Viana Prisco, Robert P. Vertes -- Cognitively Relevant Recoding in Hippocampus: Beneficial Feedback of Ensemble Codes in a Closed Loop Paradigm / Robert E. Hampson, John D. Simeral, Theodore W. Berger, Dong Song, Rosa H. Chan, Vasilis Z. Marmarelis, Sam A. Deadwyler -- An Intact Septo-Hippocampal Preparation for Investigating the Mechanisms of Hippocampal Oscillation / Romain Goutagny, Jesse Jackson, Sylvain Williams -- Targeted Modulation of Neural Circuits: A New Treatment Strategy for Neuropsychiatric Disease / Helen S. Mayberg, Paul E. Holtzheimer.
- Endocannabinoids 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Endurance exercise and adipose tissue 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Essential dance medicine 2009, Springer
- Exercise and stress response 2002, CRCnetBASEChapter 1. Overview of the stress response / Marius Locke -- Chapter 2. Transcriptional regulation of the mammalian heat shock genes / Jenny S.L. Ho and J. Timothy Westwood -- Chapter 3. Heat shock proteins and their induction with exercise / Earl G. Noble -- Chapter 4. HSPs and protein synthesis in striated muscle / Donald B. Thomason and Vandana Menon -- Chapter 5. Stress proteins and myocardial protection / Joseph W. Starnes -- Chapter 6. Heat shock proteins and reactive oxygen species -- Karyn L. Hamilton and Scott K. Powers -- Chapter 7. Stress proteins and exercise-induced muscle damage / Anne McArdle and Malcolm J. Jackson -- Chapter 8. Stress proteins and the mitochondrion / David A. Hood, Arne A. Rungi, Marco Colavecchia, Joseph W. Gordon, and Jeremy J. Schneider -- Chapter 9. Gender-specific regulation of HSP70: mechanisms and consequences / Zain Paroo and Earl G. Noble -- Chapter 10. The role of heat shock proteins in modulating the immune response / Pope L. Moseley -- Chapter 11. Stress proteins and applied exercise physiology / Jürgen M. Steinacker and Yuefei Liu.
- Exercise physiology 2003, ScienceDirectAncient and early influences / Jack W. Berryman -- The neuromuscular system / Alan J. McComas -- The cardiovascular system / Loring B. Rowell -- The respiratory system / Jerome A. Dempsey and Brian J. Whipp -- The autonomic nervous system / Charles M. Tipton -- The oxygen transport system and maximal oxygen uptake / Jere H. Mitchell and Bengt Saltin -- The metabolic systems: aerobic metabolism and substrate utilization in exercising skeletal muscle / R. James Barnard and John O. Holloszy -- The metabolic systems: anaerobic metabolism (glycolytic and phosphagen) / George A. Brooks and L. Bruce Gladden -- The endocrine system: metabolic effects of the pancreatic, adrenal, thyroidal, and growth hormones / Michael C. Riddell ... [et al.] -- The temperature regulatory system / Elsworth R. Buskirk -- The renal system / Jacques R. Poortmans and Edward J. Zambraski -- The gastrointestinal system / Carl V. Gisolfi
- Farewell to the internal clock 2007, Springer
- Fibromyalgia 2011, Springer
- Fish bioacoustics 2008, SpringerIntroduction to fish bioacoustics / Richard R. Fay, Arthur N. Popper, and Jacqueline F. Webb -- Hearing and acoustic behavior: basic and applied considerations / Arthur N. Popper and Carl R. Schilt -- Structures and functions of the auditory nervous system of fishes / Richard R. Fay and Peggy L. Edds-Walton -- Evolution of peripheral mechanisms for the enhancement of sound reception / Christopher B. Braun and Terry Grande -- Bioacoustics and the lateral line system of fishes / Jacqueline F. Webb, John C. Montgomery, and Joachim Mogdans -- Orientation to auditory and lateral line stimuli / Olav Sand and Horst Bleckmann -- Multipole mechanisms for directional hearing in fish / Peter H. Rogers and David G. Zeddies -- Vocal-acoustic communication: from neurons to behavior / Andrew H. Bass and Friedrich Ladich -- Active and passive acoustics to locate and study fish / David A. Mann, Anthony D. Hawkins, and J. Michael Jech.
- Flavonoids in health and disease 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Folding for the synapse 2011, Springer
- Functional movement development across the life span. 3rd ed. 2012, ScienceDirectFunctional independence : a lifelong goal -- Theories affecting development -- Motor development -- Motor control and motor learning -- Evaluation of function, activity, and participation -- Skeletal system changes -- Muscle system changes -- Cardiovascular and pulmonary systems changes -- Nervous system changes -- Sensory system changes -- Vital functions -- Posture and balance -- Locomotion -- Prehension -- Health and fitness.
- Fundamentals of biomechanics. 3rd ed. 2012, Springer1.Introduction --2.Force Vector --3.Moment and Torque Vectors --4.Statics: Systems in Equilibrium --5.Applications of Statics to Biomechanics --6.Introduction to Dynamics --7.Linear Kinematics --8.Linear Kinetics --9.Angular Kinematics --10.Angular Kinetics --11.Impulse and Momentum --12.Introduction to Deformable Body Mechanics --13.Stress and Strain --14.Multiaxial Deformations and Stress Analyses --15.Mechanical Properties of Biological Tissues --Appendex A.Plane Geometry --Appendix B.Vector Algebra --Appendix C.Calculus.
- Fundamentals of biomedical transport processes 2010, AtyponTransport processes represents important life sustaining elements in all humans. These include mass transfer processes, including gas exchange in the lungs, transport across capillaries and alveoli, transport across the kidneys, and transport across cell membranes. These mass transfer processes affect how oxygen and carbon dioxide are exchanged in your bloodstream, how metabolic waste products are removed from your blood, how nutrients are transported to tissues, and how all cells function throughout the body. A discussion of kidney dialysis and gas exchange mechanisms is included. Another element in biomedical transport processes is that of momentum transport and fluid flow. This describes how blood is propelled from the heart and throughout the cardiovascular system, how blood elements affect the body, including gas exchange, infection control, clotting of blood, and blood flow resistance, which affects cardiac work. A discussion of the measurement of the blood resistance to flow (viscosity), blood flow, and pressure is also included. A third element in transport processes in the human body is that of heat transfer, including heat transfer inside the body towards the periphery as well as heat transfer from the body to the environment. A discussion of temperature measurements and body protection in extreme heat conditions is also included.
- Fundamentals of medical physiology 2011, Thieme BookThe cell -- The cell membrane -- Genes and proteins -- Control systems and homeostasis -- Functional anatomy of the nervous system -- Resting membrane potential -- Membrane excitation and action potential -- Electrophysiology of ion channels -- Conduction of the action potential -- Sensory mechanisms -- Transmission of neuromuscular junctions and synapes -- The autonomic nervous system -- Functional anatomy of muscle -- Mechanism of muscle contraction -- Characteristics of muscle contraction -- Muscle elasticity -- Muscle mechanics -- Smooth muscle -- Cardiac muscle -- Body fluids and blood -- Red blood cells -- Hemoglobin -- Hemopoiesis -- Hermatinic factors -- Blood grouping and transfusion -- Blood platelets and hemostasis -- Hemostatic balance -- Granulocytes -- Agranulocytes and lymphoid organs -- Immunity, tolerance, and hypersensitivity -- Immune mechanisms -- Cardiac excitation and the electrocardiogram -- Cardiac cycle -- Cardiac output -- Circulatory pathway and hemodynamics -- Capillary exchange and lymphatic circulation -- Chemical and neural control of the cardiovascular system -- Blood pressure regulation -- Coronary circulation -- Cerebral circulation -- Pulmonary and pleural circulation -- Cutaneous, muscle, and splanchnic circulation -- Regulation of body temperature -- Functional anatomy of the respiratory system -- Mechanics of pulmonary ventilation -- Measurements of pulmonary ventilation -- Alveolar ventilation, perfusion, and gas exchange -- Transport of gases -- Neural control of respiratory rhythm -- Chemical control of pulmonary ventilation -- Respiration in unusual environments -- Pulmonary function tests and respiratory disorders -- Functional anatomy of the kidney -- Glomerular filtration and tubular reabsorption -- Renal handling of sodium -- Renal mechanisms determining urine osmolarity -- Body fluid and electrolyte balance -- Renal contribution to acid-base balance -- Renal handling of miscellaneous substances -- Hormones acting on the kidney -- Quantification of renal functions -- Whole body acid-base balance -- Renal syndromes -- Urinary bladder and micturition -- Nutritional needs of the body -- Functions of the mouth and esophagus -- Functions of the stomach -- Functions of the duodenum -- Functions of the small intestine -- Function of the colon -- Gastrointestinal hormones -- Gastrointestinal disorders -- Metabolic pathways -- Mechanism of hormonal action -- Hypothaoamic and pituitary hormones -- Thyroid hormones -- Hormones regulating calcium balance -- Hormones of the adrenal cortex -- Hormones of the adrenal medulla -- Pancreatic hormones and the regulation of blood glucose -- Testicular and ovarian hormones -- Puberty and gametogenesis -- Menstrual cycle -- Sperm transport and fertilization -- Sexual differentiation of the fetus -- Pregnancy -- Parturition and lactation -- Appendix A: Principles of physics in physiology -- Appendix B: Principles of chemistry in physiology -- Appendix C: Abbreviations used in text.
- Fundamentals of sleep technology. 2nd ed. 2012, OvidSection I. Overview of sleep medicine -- Section II. Anatomy and physiology -- Section III. Sleep disorders and disorders that affect sleep -- Section IV. Patient care and assessment -- Section V. Polysomnography -- Section VI. Interventions and therapeutics -- Section VII. Ancillary procedures -- Section VIII. Pediatrics -- Section IX. Sleep center management -- Section X. Appendix.
- Basic physiology of the growth hormone/insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-axis / Laura M. Frago and Julie A. Chowen -- Experimental models for understanding the role of insulin-like growth factor-I and its receptor during development / Jose Luis Trejo, Eva Carro, and Deborah J. Burke -- Insulin-like growth factor binding proteins in development / Josef V. Silha and Liam J. Murphy -- Growth hormone, insulin-like growth factors, and the female reproductive system / Carolyn A. Bondy and Jian Zhou -- Skeletal muscle / Ana M. Fernandez and Derek LeRoith -- Cardiovascular and respiratory systems / Åsa Tivesten and Jörgen Isgaard -- Hematopoiesis / Wilson Savino, Salete Smaniotto, and Mireille Dardenne -- Brain development / Gregory J. Popken ... [et al.] -- Regulation of vertebrate sensory organ development : a scenario for growth hormone and insulin-like growth factors action / Amelia Diaz-Casares ... [et al.] -- Role of insulin-like growth factors in neuronal plasticity and neuroprotection / Ignacio Torres Alemán -- Aging and life span / Holly M. Brown-Borg -- Interactions of insulin-like growth factor-I and estrogen in the brain / Pablo Mendez, Gloria Patricia Cardona-Gomez, and Luis Miguel García-Segura -- Cancer / Adda Grimberg -- Genetic basis of proportional short stature / Ángel Campos-Barros, Karen E. Heath, Jesús Argente -- Future perspectives : from stem cells and IGF biology to the clinic / Yvan Arsenijevic.
- Guide to cytochrome P450 structure and function 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Guyton and Hall Textbook of medical physiology. 12th ed. 2011, MD ConsultThis textbook covers the essentials of human physiology and aims to describe complex physiologic principles in language that is easy to read and understand. The content is arranged in 14 units and 84 chapters. It includes new illustrations in color.
- Handbook of anthropometry 2012, Springerpt. 1. Tools and techniques in anthropometry : general methods -- pt. 2. Tools and techniques in anthropometry : water, hydration and surface area -- pt. 3. Tools and techniques in anthropometry : muscle -- pt. 4. Tools and techniques in anthropometry : adipose tissue, other compartments and relationships -- pt. 5. Regions and anatomical areas of the body : head and face -- pt. 6. Regions and anatomical areas of the body : limbs, extremities and bones -- pt. 7. Regions and anatomical areas of the body : joints and digits -- pt. 8. Regions and anatomical areas of the body : abdominal and trunk regions -- pt. 9. Regions and anatomical areas of the body : sensory organs -- pt. 10. Regions and anatomical areas of the body : internal organs, other tissues and regions -- pt. 11. Anthropometry of pregnancy : prenatal and postnatal aspects -- pt. 12. Anthropometry of infants and children -- pt. 13. Anthropometry of puberty and adolescence in health and disease -- pt. 14. Anthropometry of middle-aged and aged in health and disease -- pt. 15. Anthropometry in genetic disease and polymorphisms -- pt. 16. Anthropometry in cancer -- pt. 17. Anthropometry in exercise and sport activities -- pt. 18. Anthropometry in metabolic disease and obesity -- pt. 19. Anthropometry in diabetes -- pt. 20. Anthropometry in cardiovascular disease -- pt. 21. Anthropometry in organ disease -- pt. 22. Anthropometry in special conditions and circumstances -- pt. 23. Anthropometry in ethnic groups and cultural and geographical diversity -- pt. 24. Anthropometry and nutrition : general aspects -- pt. 25. Anthropometry and nutrition : micro- and macro-nutrients -- pt. 26. Biomechanical and ergonomic aspects.
- Heat shock proteins 2007, Springer
- Heat shock proteins and whole body physiology 2010, Springer
- Hormesis 2010, Springer
- Human body 2004, Thieme Book
- Human growth and development 2002, ScienceDirectHuman growth curve, canalization, and catch-up growth / Noël Cameron -- Growth in infancy and childhood : a pediatric approach / Horacio Lejarraga -- Adolescence : somatic growth and sex differences / Roland C. Hauspie -- Puberty / Peter T. Ellison -- Endocrinology of growth / Peter C. Hindmarsh -- The genetic epidemiology of growth and development / Bradford Towne, Ellen W. Demerath, and Stefan A. Czerwinski -- Nutrition and growth / Nicholas G. Norgan -- Environmental effects on growth / Lawrence M. Schell and Kristen L. Knutsen -- Social and economic influences on growth and secular trends / Francis E. Johnston -- Endocrine disorders of growth / John S. Parks -- Genetically determined growth disorders / Michael A. Preece -- Saltation and stasis / Michelle Lampl -- Body composition during growth and development / Babette Zemel -- The evolution of human growth / Barry Bogin -- Exercise and growth : physical activity as a factor in growth and maturation / Robert M. Malina -- The assessment of human growth / William Cameron Chumlea and Shumei Sun Guo -- Assessment of maturation / Noël Cameron -- Growth references and standards / Tim J. Cole.
- Human growth and development. 2nd ed. 2012, ScienceDirect
- Human motion 2008, Springer1.Understanding human motion: a historic review /Reinhard Klette and Garry Tee --pt. I.2D tracking:2.The role of manifold learning in human motion analysis /Ahmed Elgammal and Chan-Su Lee ;3.Recognition of action as a Bayesian parameter estimation problem over time /Volker Krüger ;4.The William Harvey code: mathematical analysis of optical flow computation for cardiac motion /Yusuke Kameda and Atsushi Imiya ;5.Detection and tracking of humans in single view sequences using 2D articulated model /Filip Korč and Václav Hlaváč --pt. II.Learning:6.Combining discrete and continuous 3D trackers /Gabriel Tsechpenakis, Dimitris Metaxas, and Carol Neidle ;7.Graphical models for human motion modelling /Kooksang Moon and Vladimir Pavlović ;8.3D human motion analysis in monocular video: techniques and challenges /Christian Sminchisescu ;9.Spatially and temporally segmenting movement to recognize actions /Richard Green ;10.Topologically constrained idometric embedding /Guy Rosman, Alexander M. Bronstein, Michael M. Bronstein, and Ron Kimmel --pt. III.2D-3D tracking:11.Contours, optic flow, and prior knowledge: cues for capturing 3D human motion in videos /Thomas Brox, Bodo Rosenhahn, and Daniel Cremers ;12.Tracking clothed people /Bodo Rosenhahn, Uwe G. Kersting, Katie Powell, T. Brox, and Hans-Peter Seidel ;13.An introduction to interacting simulated annealing /Jürgen Gall, Bodo Rosenhahn, and Hans-Peter Seidel ;14.Motion capture for interaction environments /Daniel Grest and Reinhard Koch ;15.Markerless motion capture for biomechanical applications /Lars Mündermann, Stefano Corazza, and Thomas P. Andriacchi --pt. IV.Biomechanics and applications:16.Qualitative and quantitative aspects of movement: the discrepancy between clinical gait analysis and activities of daily life /Dieter Rosenbaum and Mirko Brandes ;17. Optimization of human motion exemplified with handbiking by means of motion analysis and musculoskeletal models /Harald Böhm and Christian Krämer ;18.Imitation learning and transferring of human movement and hand grasping to adapt to environment changes /Stephan Al-Zubi and Gerald Sommer ;19.Accurate and model-free pose estimation of crash test dummies /Stefan K. Gehrig, Hernán Badino, and Jürgen Gall --pt. V.Modelling and animation:20.A relational approach to content-based analysis of motion capture data /Meinard Müller and Tido Röder ;21.The representation of rigid body motions in the conformal model of geometric algebra /Leo Dorst ;22.Video-based capturing and rendering of people /Christian Theobalt, Marcus Magnor, and Hans-Peter Seidel ;23.Interacting deformable objects /Matthias Teschner, Bruno Heidelberger, and Matthias Müller-Fischer ;24.From performance theory to character animation tools /Michael Neff and Eugene Fiume.
- Human thermal environments. 2nd ed. 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Hypoxia and exercise 2006, SpringerHypoxia honoree. -- A tribute to John Burnard West / James S. Milledge. Adventures in High-altitude physiology / John B. West -- Exercise-induced hypoxemia (EIH): causes and consequences. -- Exercise induced arterial hypoxemia: the role of ventilation-perfusion inequality and pulmonary diffusion limitation / Susan R. Hopkins. Intrapulmonary shunt during normoxic and hypoxic exercise in healthy humans / Andrew T. Lovering, Michael K. Stickland, Marlowe W. Eldridge. Exercise-induced arterial hypoxemia: consequences for locomotor muscle fatigue / Lee M. Romer ... [et al.] -- Causes and effects of sleep-disordered breathing. -- Mechanisms of sleep apnea at altitude / William Whitelaw. Control of cerebral blood flow during sleep and the effects of hypoxia / Douglas R. Corfield and Guy E. Meadows. Neural consequences of sleep disordered breathing: the role of intermittent hypoxia / Mary J. Morrell and Gillian Twigg -- Genetic, genomics, and adaptation to high altitude. -- Finding the genes underlying adaptation to hypoxia using genomic scans for genetic adaptation and admixture mapping / Mark D. Shriver ... [et al.] An evolutionary model for identifying genetic adaptation to high altitude / Lorna G. Moore ... [et al.] Hypoxic preconditioning and erythropoietin protect retinal neurons from degeneration / Christian Grimm ... [et al.] --Blocking stress pathways with cell-permeable membranes. -- Blocking stress signaling pathways with cell permeable peptides / Christophe Bonny. JNK pathway as therapeutic target to prevent degeneration in the central nervous system / Mariaelena Repici and Tiziana Borsello. Salvage of ischemic myocardium: a focus on JNK / Hervé Duplain -- The impact of immobilization and hypoxia on skeletal muscle. -- Mitochondrial reactive oxygen species are required for hypoxic hif[alpha] stabilization / M. Celeste Simon. Hypoxia-induced gene activity in disused oxidative muscle / Christoph Däpp ... [et al.] -- Hypoxic vasoregulation: interactions of red cells, endothelium, and smooth muscle. -- Role of the red blood cell in nitric oxide homeostasis and hypoxic vasodilation / Mark T. Gladwin. Expression of the heterotrimeric G protein gi and ATP release are impaired in erythrocytes of humans with diabetes mellitus / Randy Sprague ... [et al.] Red blood cells and hemoglobin in hypoxic pulmonary vasoconstriction / Steven Deem -- Hypoxia: state of the art. -- Dose-response of altitude training: how much altitude is enough? / Benjamin D. Levine, James Stray-Gundersen. The eye at altitude / Daniel S. Morris ... [et al.] Lake Louise consensus methods for measuring the hypoxic ventilatory response / Frank L. Powell -- Future directions in hypoxia research. -- Pulmonary hypertension in high-altitude dwellers: novel mechanisms, unsuspected predisposing factors / Urs Scherrer ... [et al.] Gene huntin in hypoxia and exercise / Kenneth B. Storey.
- Hypoxia and the circulation 2007, SpringerRisk of cardiovascular events during mountain activities / Martin Burtshcer -- Biventricular function at high altitude: implications for regulation of stroke volume in chronic hypoxia / Simon R. Gibbs -- Control of coronary blood flow during hypoxemia / Johnathan D. Tune -- Metabolic consequences of intermittent hypoxia / Christopher P. O'Donnell -- Intermittent hypoxia and cognitive function: implications from chronic animal models / Barry W. Row -- Vascular consequences of intermittent hypoxia / Barbara J. Morgan -- Angiotensin-induced hypoxia in the kidney: functional and structural changes of the renal circulation / Masaomi Nangaku ... [et al.] -- Role of reactive oxygen species in chronic hypoxia-induced pulmonary hypertension and vascular remodeling / Eva Nozik-Grayck and Kurt R. Stenmark -- Hypoxia and placental remodeling / Judith E. Cartwright ... [et. al.] -- Epithelial sodium channels in the adult lung - important modulators of pulmonary health and disease / Ian C. Davis and Sadis Matalon -- Lung interstitial pressure and structure in acute hypoxia / Giuseppe Miserocchi -- Hypoxic inhibition of alveolar fluid reabsorption / Laura A. Dada and Jacob I. Sznajder -- Regulation and role of neuroglobin in cytoglobin under hypoxia / Thorsten Burmester, Frank Gerlach, and Thomas Hankeln -- Molecular insights into the functional role of myoglobin / Daniel J. Garry and Pradeep P.A. Mammen -- Genetic mechanisms underlying regulation of hemoglobin mass / neeraj Agarwal, Victor R. Gordeuk, and Josef T. Prchal -- Control of the respiratory patterns in insects / Timothy J. Bradley -- Effects of insect body size on tracheal structure and function / Scott D. Kirkton -- The role of HIF-1 in hypoxic response in the skeletal muscle / Steven Mason and Randall S. Johnson -- Gene expression in working skeletal muscle / Hans Hoppeler, Stephan Klossner, and Martin Fluck -- The limits of human endurance: what is the greatest endurance performance of all time? Which factors regulate performance at extreme altitude / Timothy David Noakes -- Jim Milledge: hypoxia honoree 2007 / Annabel Nikol -- Exploring mountain medicine and physiology / James S. Milledge -- Carlos Monge Cassinelli: a portrait / Fabiola Leon-Velarde S. and Jean-Paul Richalet.
- ch. 1. Introduction, p. 1-12 -- ch. 2. Background, p. 13-38 -- ch. 3. Models of Linear Systems, p. 39-56 -- ch. 4. Models of Nonlinear Systems, p. 57-101 -- ch. 5. Identification of Linear Systems, p. 103-123 -- ch. 6. Correlation-Based Methods, p. 125-167 -- ch. 7. Explicit Least-Squares Methods, p. 169-206 -- ch. 8. Iterative Least-Squares Methods, p. 207-250.
- Inherited neuromuscular diseases 2009, SpringerPathology and diagnosis of muscular dystrophies / Carmen Navarro, Susana Teijeira, Beatriz San Millan.-- Standards of care for Duehenne muscular dystrophy: brief treat-NMD recommendations / Thomas Sejerson, Kate Bushby on behalf of the TREAT-EU Network of Excellence.-- Genetics and pahtogenesis of distal muscular dystrophies / Bjarne Udd.-- Phenotype variations in early onset Pompe disease: Diagnosis and treatment results with Myozyme [RTM] / Samuel Ignacio Pascual Pascual.-- Diseases of the human mitochondrial oxidative phosphorylation system / Julio Montoya, Ester Lopez-Gallardo, Maria Dolores Herrero-Martin, Inigo Martinze-Romero, Aurora Gomez-Duran, Daivd Pacheu, Magdalena Garreras, Carme Diez-Sanchez, Manuel J. Lopez-Perez, Eduardo Ruiz-Pesini.-- Mitochondrial diseases: a cross-talk between mitrochondrial and nuclear genomes / Antonella Spinazzola, Massimo Zeviani.-- Mitochondrial disorders due to nuclear OXPHOS gene defects / Cristina Ugalde, Maria Moran, Alberto Blazquez, Joaquin Arenas, Miguel A. Martin.-- Coenzyme Q10 deficiencies in neuromuscular diseases / Rafael Artuch, Leonardo Salviati, Sandra Jackson, Michio Hirano, Placido Navas.-- The role of mitochondrial network dynamics in the pathogenesis of Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease / Francese Palau, Anna Estela, David Pla-Martin, Maribel Sanchez-Piris.-- Pathogenesis and treatment of mitochondrial disorders / Salvatore DiMauro, Michio Hirano.-- Biology of peripheral inherited neuropathies: Schwann cell axonal interactions / Michael E. Shy.-- Phenotype and clinical evolution of Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease type 1A duplication / Jose Berciano, Antonio Garcia, Elena Gallardo, Cesar Ramon, Onofre Combarros.-- Genotypes & sensory pheotypes in 2 new X-linked neuropathies (CMTX3 and dSMAX) and dominant CMT/HMN overlap syndromes.-- Natural history and treatment of peripheral inherited neuropathies / Davide Pareyson, Chiara Marchesi.-- Spinal muscular atrophy during human development: where are the early pathogenic findings / Eduardo Tizzano.-- Spinal muscular atrophy / Jeremie Vitte, Ruben Attali, Nasim Warwar, Irena Gurt, Judith Melki.-- Friedreich ataxia: an update on animal models, frataxin function and therapies / Pilar Gonzalez-Cabo, Jose Vicente Llorens, Francesc Palau, Maria Dolores Molto.-- Genetics and pathogenesis of inherited ataxias and spastic paraplegias / Carmen Espinos, Francesc Palau.
- Integrating face and voice in person perception 2013, Springer
- Anatomy for the electromyographer / Denise L. Davis and Ernest W. Johnson -- The essentials of the needle EMG exam / Vivek Kadyan, Ernest W. Johnson, and Denise L. Davis -- Basic nerve conduction techniques / Robert J. Weber and Margaret Turk -- Electrophysiology / Jun Kimura -- Instrumentation / Sanjeev D. Nandedkar -- Advanced needle EMG methods / Erik Stålberg -- Quality improvement and reporting in electrodiagnostic medicine / William S. Pease -- Pictorial guide to muscles and surface anatomy / Henry L. Lew and Su-Ju Tsai -- Pictorial guide to nerve conduction techniques / Henry L. Lew and Su-Ju Tsai -- Entrapment neuropathies and other focal neuropathies (including carpel tunnel syndrome) / Lawrence R. Robinson --Evaluation of the patient with suspected peripheral neuropathy / James W. Albers -- Electrodiagnostic approach to patients with suspected radiculopathy / Timothy R. Dillingham -- Evaluation of the patient with suspected myopathy / Albert C. Clairmont, Bakri Elsheikh, and Yousef M. Mohammad -- Neuromuscular complications of critical illness: evaluation of the patient with a suspected critical illness neuromuscular disorder / Daniel M.Clinchot -- Evaluation of the patient with suspected neuromuscular junction disorder / William J. Litchy -- Pediatric considerations in electromyography / Rosalind J. Batley.
- Leydig cell in health and disease 2007, Springer
- Life of Ernest Starling 2005, ScienceDirect
- MDCT anatomy 2011, Springer
- Mechanisms of memory. 2nd ed. 2010, ScienceDirectThis book represents the first step at beginning to put together the complex puzzle of the molecular basis of memory. Sweatt creates a framework of thinking about synaptic plasticity and memory at the molecular level; one which recognizes and begins to incorporate this extreme biochemical complexity into our thinking about memory.
- Modelling methodology for physiology and medicine 2001, ScienceDirect
- Molecular basis of health and disease 2011, Springer
- Molybdenum and tungsten 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Motor control and learning 2006, Springer
- Muscle :. 1st ed. 2012, ScienceDirect
- Muscle development in drosophila 2006, SpringerAn introduction to muscle development in drosophila / Helen Sink -- The muscle pattern of drosophila / Volker Hartenstein -- Mesoderm formation in the drosophila embryo / Noriko Wakabayashi-Ito and Y. Tony Ip -- Development of the cardiac musculature / Rolf Bodmer -- Development of the somatic gonad and fat bodies / Mark Van Doren -- Development of the larval visceral musculature / Hsiu-Hsiang Lee, Stephane Zaffran and Manfred Frasch -- Development of the larval somatic musculature / Ana Carmena and Mary Baylies -- Muscle morphogenesis: the process of embryonic myoblast fusion / Susan M. Abmayr and Kiranmai S. Kocherlakota -- Muscle attachment sites-where migrating muscles meet their match / Talila Volk -- Neuromuscular development: connectivity and plasticity / Louise Nicholson and Haig Keshishian -- Metamorphosis and the formation of the adult musculature / Devkanya Dutta and K. VijayRaghavan -- Molecular basis of muscle structure / Jim O. Vigoreaux -- Whole genome approaches to studying drosophila muscle development / Eileen E.M. Furlong -- Comparison of muscle development in drosophila and vertebrates / Michael V. Taylor.
- Muscle pain 2010, SpringerPart 1. Myofascial pain syndrome -- Myofascial Pain Syndrome / Robert D. Gerwin -- Morphology of Myofascial Trigger Points: What Does a Trigger Point Look Like? / Siegfried Mense -- Introduction / Siegfried Mense and Robert D. Gerwin -- Part 2. Fibromyalgia syndrome -- Fibromyalgia Syndrome: Clinical Aspects and Management / Emma Guymer and Geoffrey O. Littlejohn -- Gender, Genetics, and Other Risk Factors Increasing Vulnerability to Fibromyalgia / Geoffrey O. Littlejohn -- Part 3. Other muscle pain syndromes -- Low Back Pain of Muscular Origin / Robert D. Gerwin -- Masticatory Muscle Pain / Sandro Palla and Mauro Farella -- Inflammatory Myopathies / Ingrid E. Lundberg and Li Alemo Munters -- Whiplash Injury, Muscle Pain and Motor Dysfunction / Jan Dommerholt -- Brain Imaging of Muscle Pain / Sandra Kamping and Herta Flor.
- Muscle pain 2010, SpringerIntroduction / Siegfried Mense and Robert D. Gerwin -- Functional anatomy of muscle : muscle, nociceptors, and afferent fibers / Siegfried Mense -- Peripheral mechanisms of muscle pain : response behavior of muscle nociceptors and factors eliciting local muscle pain / Siegfried Mense -- Central nervous mechanisms of muscle pain : ascending pathways, central sensitization, and pain-modulating systems / Siegfried Mense -- Referral of musculoskeletal pain / Thomas Graven-Nielsen and Siegfried Mense -- Increased muscle tone as a cause of muscle pain / Siegfried Mense and Alfonse T. Masi -- Reorganized motor control due to muscle pain / Thomas Graven-Nielsen and Lars Arendt-Nielsen.
- Muscle test handbook 2013, ScienceDirect
- Muscles of vertebrates 2010, CRCnetBASEChapter 1. Introduction and Aims -- Chapter 2. Methodology and Material -- Chapter 3. Muscles of Non-Osteichthyan Vertebrates -- Chapter 4. Head and Neck Muscles of Actinopterygians and Basal Sarcopterygians -- Chapter 5. From Sarcopterygian Fish to Modern Humans -- Chapter 6. Head and Neck Muscles of Amphibians -- Chapter 7. Head and Neck Muscles of Reptiles -- Chapter 8. Pectoral and Pectoral Fin Muscles of Actinopterygian and Sarcopterygian Fishes -- Chapter 9. From Sarcopterygian Fish to Modern Humans -- Chapter 10. Pectoral and Forelimb Muscles of Limbed Amphibians and Reptiles -- Chapter 11. General Comments.
- Muscular dystrophies 2011, ScienceDirectOverview of the muscular dystrophies / A.A. Amato and R.C. Griggs -- Dystrophinopathies / L.A. Morrison -- Sarcoglycanopathies / J. Kirschner and H. Lochmüller -- Congenital muscular dystrophies / S.E. Sparks and D.M. Escolar -- The collagen VI-related myopathies : Ullrich congenital muscular dystrophy and Bethlem myopathy / C.G. Bönnemann -- Limb-girdle muscular dystrophy 2A / E. Gallardo, A.Saenz and I.Iilla -- Dysferlinopathies / A.A. Amato and R.H. Brown Jr -- Other limb-girdle muascular dystrophies / A.A. Amato -- Limb-girdle muscular dystrophy 2H and the role of TRIM32 / P.B. Shieh, E. Kudryashova and M.J. Spencer -- Caveolinopathies : translational implications of caveolin-3 in skeletal and cardiac muscle disorders / E. Gazzerro, A. Bonetto, and C. Minetti -- Myofibrillar myopathies / D. Selcen and A.G. Engel -- Emery-Dreifuss muscular dystrophy / M. Puckelwartz and E.M. McNally -- Facioscapulohumeral dystrophy and scapuloperoneal syndromes / R.W. Orrell -- Oculopharyngeal muscular dystrophy / B. Brais -- Myotonic dystrophy types 1 and 2 / T. Ashizawa and P.S. Sarkar -- Distal muscular dystrophies / B. Udd.
- Musculoskeletal imaging 2008, Thieme Book1. Tumors -- Osteoma -- Osteoid osteoma -- Enchondroma -- Osteochondoroma (cartilaginous exostosis) --Nonossifying fibroma -- Fibrous dysplasia (Jaffe-Lichtenstein Disease) -- Juvenile bone cyst -- Aneurysmal bone cyst -- Giant cell tumor (Osteoclastoma) -- Synovial chondromatosis (Reichel Syndrome) -- Bone hemangioma -- Paget Diesase (Ostetis Deformans) --Metastases -- Osteosarcoma -- Ewind sarcoma -- Multiple myeloma (plasmacytoma) -- Lymphoma of bone -- Neoplastic vertebral compression fracture -- Soft-tissue hemangioma -- Soft-tissue sarcoma -- Lipoma -- Pigmented villonodular synovitis -- Myositis ossificans -- 2. Inflammatory diseases -- Osteomyelitis -- Brodie abscess -- Rheumatoid arthritis -- Psoriatic arthritis/psoriatic arthropathy -- Septic arthritis -- Gout (gouty arthritis) -- Ankylosing spondylitis -- Spondylitis and spondylodiskitis -- Complex regional pain syndrome -- 3. Degenerative disease -- Osteoarthritis -- Osteochondrosis -- Intervertebral disk herniation -- Spinal canal stenosis -- Spondylolysis/spondylolisthesis -- Implant loosening -- Diffuse idiopathic skeletal hyperostosis -- Neuropathic osteoarthropathy (charcot joint) -- 4. Metabolic disorders -- Osteoporosis -- Rickets -- Osteomalacia -- Hyperparathyroidism -- 5. Developmental disorders -- Madelund deformity -- Hip dysplasia -- Tibia vara (Blount Disease) -- Slipped capital femoral epiphysis -- Club foot (talipes equinovarus) -- Scoliosis -- Osteogenesis imperfecta -- Osteopetrosis (Marble Bone Disease) -- Scheuermann Disease -- 6. Osteonecrosis -- Perthes Disease -- Osteonecrosis of the knee -- Lunatomalacia (Kienbock Disease) -- Femoral head necrosis -- Osteochondritis dissecans -- Bone infarct -- 7. Intra-articular lesions -- Meniscal lesions -- Cruciate ligament tears -- Cartilage lesions -- Labral lesions -- Rotator cuff lesions -- 8. Ligament and tendon injuries -- Lateral ankle ligament rupture -- Achilles tendon rupture -- Avulsion fracture -- Shoulder impingement -- 9. Fractures and dislocations -- Clavicle fracture -- Acromioclavicular separation -- Proiximal humerus fractures -- Shoulder dislocation -- Radial head fracture -- Pediatric condylar fractures -- Distal radius fracture -- scaphoid fracture -- Triquetrum fracture -- Skier's thumb (gamekeeper's thumb) -- Dens fracture -- Femoral neck fracture -- pertrochanteric femoral fracture -- Patella fracture -- Tibial plateau fracture -- Ankle joint fractures -- Calcaneus fracture -- Fractures of the base of the fifth metatarsal -- Occult fracture -- Stress fracture - Pseudarthrosis.
- Myofascial trigger points. 1st ed. 2013, ScienceDirect
- Myopathies 2007, ScienceDirect
- Mystery of yawning in physiology and disease 2010, KargerThe first complete and authoritative book on yawning.
- Nathan Zuntz 2009, ScienceDirect
- Nature's versatile engine 2006, Springer
- Neural stem cells. 2nd ed. 2008, Springer ProtocolsDefinitions and criteria for stem cells / Leslie P. Weiner -- Neural stem cells and the future treatment of neurological diseases : raising the standard / Jaime Imitola and Samia J. Khoury -- Neural differentiation of human embryonic stem cells / Mirella Dottori and Martin F. Pera -- Generating neurons from stem cells / Andreas Androutsellis-Theotokis ... [et al.] -- Isolation of neural stem and precursor cells from rodent tissue / Yuanyuan Wu ... [et al.] -- Adult rodent spinal cord-derived neural stem cells : isolation and characterization / Lamya S. Shihabuddin -- Adult neural stem cells / Rossella Galli, Angela Gritti, and Angelo L. Vescovi -- Olfactory ensheathing cells : isolation and culture from the neonatal olfactory bulb / Susan C. Barnett and A. Jane Roskams -- Culturing olfactory ensheathing cells from the mouse olfactory epithelium / Miranda Richter, Kathryn Westendorf, and A. Jane Roskams -- Production and characterization of immortal human neural stem cell line with multipotent differentiation property / Seung U. Kim ... [et al.] -- Preparation of neural progenitors from bone marrow and umbilical cord blood / Shijie Song and Juan Sanchez-Ramos --Production of neurospheres from CNS tissue / Gregory P. Marshall II ... [et al.] -- Nuclear transfer to study the nuclear reprogramming of human stem cells / Shigeo Saito ... [ et al.] -- Clonal analyses and cryopreservation of neural stem cell cultures / Angela Gritti, Rossella Galli, and Angelo L. Vescovi -- Telomere neurobiology / Mark P. Mattson, Peisu Zhang, and Aiwu Cheng -- Chromosomal mosaicism in neural stem cells / Suzanne E. Peterson ... [et al.] -- In vitro assays for neural stem cell differentiation : induction of dopaminergic phenotype / Marcel M. Daadi -- In vitro migration assays of neural stem cells / Pascale Durbec .. [et al.] -- Measuring apoptosis in neural stem cells / Brett T. Lund and Eve E. Kelland -- Markers of adult neural stem cells / Eric Wexler -- Differential gene expression in ES-derived neural stem cells by using RT-PCR / Nicole Slawny, Crystal Pacut, and Theresa E. Gratsch -- Microfluidic devices for high-throughput gene expression profiling of single hESC-derived neural stem cells / Yan Chen and Jiang F. Zhong --Electroporation strategies for genetic manipulation and cell labeling / Terence J. Van Raay, Rhonda T. Lassiter, and Michael R. Stark -- Novel and immortalization-based protocols for the generation of neural CNS stem cell lines for gene therapy approaches / Luciano Conti and Elena Cattaneo -- Identification of newborn cells by BrdU labeling and immunocytochemistry in vivo / Sanjay S. Magavi and Jeffrey D. Macklis -- Immunocytochemical analysis of neuronal differentiation / Sanjay S. Magavi and Jeffrey D. Macklis -- Neuroanatomical tracing of neuronal projections with Fluoro-Gold / Lisa A. Catapano, Sanjay S. Magavi, and Jeffrey D. Macklis -- Labeling stem cells in vitro for identification of their differentiated phenotypes after grafting into the CNS / Qi-lin Cao, Stephen M. Onifer, and Scott R. Whittemore -- Optimizing stem cell grafting into the CNS / Scott R. Whittemore ... [et al.] -- Routes of stem cell administration in the adult rodent / Alison E. Willing ... [et al.]
- Neuromuscular junction disorders 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Neuromuscular monitoring in clinical practice and research 2010, Springer
- Neuronal input pathways to the brain's biological clock and their functional significance 2006, Springer
- New perspectives in magnesium research 2007, SpringerOverview -- Magnesium homeostasis -- Nutrition -- Epidemiology -- Exercise -- Metabolic syndrome -- Cardiovascular disease -- Skeletal diseases and calcium metabolism -- Kidney -- Neurology -- Magnesium in dental medicine -- Magnesium in neurology and psychiatry -- Veterinary medicine.
- Nucleotides and regulation of bone cell function 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Nutrients and cell signaling 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Optimizing bone mass and strength 2007, KargerOsteoporosis : a paediatric concern? / R.A. Faulkner, D.A. Bailey -- The biomechanical basis of bone strength development during growth / S.A. Kontulainen ... [et al.] -- The effect of exercise on bone mass and structural geometry during growth / R.M. Daly -- Evidence for an interaction between exercise and nutrition for improved bone health during growth B. Specker, M. Vukovich -- Gene-environmental interactions in the skeletal response to nutrition and exercise during growth / J.-P. Bonjour ... [et al.] -- The effect of energy balance on endocrine function and bone health in youth / C. Zanker, K. Hind -- Risk factors for fractures in normally active children and adolescents / A. Goulding -- Does exercise during growth prevent fractures in later life? / M.K. Karlsson -- Lessons learned from school-based skeletal loading intervention trials : putting research into practice / J.M. Hughes, S.A. Golner, M.A. Petit.
- Osteoporosis in men. 2nd ed. 2010, ScienceDirectSection 1. Essentials of bone biology -- The biochemistry of bone : composition and organization / Adele L. Boskey -- Bone remodeling : cellular activities in bone / David W. Dempster, Hua Zhou, Shi Shou Lu -- Assessment of bone turnover in men using biochemical markers / Patrick Garnero, Pawel Szulc -- Fundamentals of mineral homeostasis / David A. Hanley, K. Shawn Davison -- The mechanical properties of bone / David P. Fyhrie -- Essentials of bone biology : assessment of bone architecture / Thomas F. Lang -- Section 2. Development and growth of the male skeleton -- Skeletal growth in males / Qingju Wang, Ego Seeman -- Pubertal growth of the male skeleton / Vincent Gilsanz, Stefano Mora -- The effects of sex steroids on bone growth / Giampiero I. Baroncelli, Silvano Bertelloni -- Nutritional basis of skeletal growth / Connie M. Weaver, Elizabeth Haney -- Physical activity and skeletal growth / Heather M. Macdonald, Heather A. McKay, Melonie Burrows --Section 3. Skeletal genetics -- The genetics of peak bone mass / Luigi Gennari, Robert F. Klein, Serge Ferrari -- Section 4. Aging and the male skeleton -- Age-related changes in bone remodeling and microarchitecture / Roger Zebaze, Ego Seeman -- Markers of bone remodeling and the aging skeleton / Serge Cremers, Christian Meier, Markus J. Seibel -- Alterations in mineral metabolism in the aging male / Shonni J. Silverberg, Bismruta Misra -- Changes in bone size and geometry with aging / Pawel Szulc -- Aging and bone loss / Steven Boonen ... [et al.] -- The effect of age on material properties / Charles H. Turner, Matthew R. Allen, David B. -- Section 5. Nutritional issues -- Calcium, bone strength and fractures / Laura A.G. Armas, Robert P. Heaney, Joan M. Lappe -- Vitamin D and bone / Roger Bouillon ... [et al.] -- Role of dietary protein in bone growth and bone loss / Rene Rizzoli --Section 6. Sex steroids and the skeleton in men -- Section 7. Fractures in men -- Section 8. Metabolic bone disease in men -- Section 9. Diagnostic approach -- Section 10. Therapy.
- Oxidants in biology 2008, Springer
- Oxygen transport to tissue XXVI 2005, Springer
- Oxygen transport to tissue XXVIII 2007, Springer
- Oxygen transport to tissue XXX 2009, SpringerAir and fire : Carl Wilhelm Scheele, Torbern Bergman, the Royal Society of Sciences and the discovery of oxygen in Uppsala in 1772 / Lars-Olof Sundelöf -- Mathematical modeling of the interactiion betwen oxygen, nitric oxide and superoxide / Donald G. Buerk -- Haemoglobin saturation controls the red blood cell mediated hypoxic vasorelaxation / Andrew G. Pinder ... [et al.] -- Blood vessel specific vaso-activity to nitrite under normoxic and hypoxic conditions / Thomas E. Ingram ... [et al.] -- Nitrite-induced improved blood circulation associated with an increase in a pool of RBN-NO with NO bioactivity / Joseph M. Rifkind ... [et al.] -- The control of oxidative phosphorylation in the adrenal gland (Y1) cell line / James E.J. Murphy and Richard K. Porter -- Replication of murine mitochondrial DNA following irradiation / Hengshan Zhang ... [et al.] -- Effects of anesthesia on brain mitochondrial function, blood flow, ionic and electrical activity monitored in vivo / Nava Dekel ... [et al.] -- The influence of flow redistribution on working rat muscle oxygenation / Louis Hoofd and Hans Degens -- Heterogeneity of capillary spacing in the hypertrophied plantaris muscle from young-adult and old rats / Hans Degens, Christopher I. Morse, and Maria T.E. Hopman -- Microvascularity of the lumbar erector spinae muscle during sustained prone trunk extension test / Rammohan V. Maikala and Yagesh N. Bhambhani -- Fiber capillary supply related to fiber size and oxidative capacity in human and rat skeletal muscle / Rob C.I. Wüst, Sarah L. Gibbings, and Hans Degens -- Novel therapeutic approach targeting the HIF-HRE system in the kidney / Masaomi Nangaku -- Carotid body sensory discharge and glomus cell HIF-1[alpha] are regulated by a common oxygen sensor / S. Lahiri ... [et al.] -- Impact of reactive oxygen species on the expression of adhesion molecules in vivo / Oliver Thews ... [et al.] -- Mini sensing chip for point-of-care acute myocardial infarction diagnosis utilizing micro-electro-mechanical system and nano-technology / Jianting Wang ... [et al.] -- A chemical biosynthesis design for an antiatherosclerosis drug by acyclic tocopherol intermediate analogue based on "isoprenomics" / Yoshihiro Uto ... [et al.] -- Zymogen protein C concentrate for safer heterozygote surgery, "I am a guinea pig!" / Duane F. Bruley -- Steady state redox levels in cytochrome oxidase : relevance for in vivo near infrared spectroscopy (NIRS) / Chris E. Cooper ... [et al.] -- Bicuculline-induced seizures : a challenge for optical and biochemical modeling of the cytochrome oxidase CUa NIRS signal / Chris E. Cooper ... [et al.] -- A method to calculate arterial and venous saturation from near infrared spectroscopy (NIRS) / Jan Menssen ... [et al.] -- Development of a dynamic test phantom for optical topography / Peck H. Koh, Clare E. Elwell, and David T. Delpy -- Numerical simulation of oxygen transport in cerebral tissue / Toshihiro Kondo ... [et al.] -- Non-invasive estimation of metabolic flux and blood flow in working muscle : effect of blood-tissue distribution / Nicola Lai ... [et al.] -- Oxygen extraction index measured by near infrared spectroscopy : a parameter for monitoring tissue oxygenation? / Oskar Baenziger ... [et al.] -- Non-invasive measurement of the superficial cortical oxygen partial pressure / Chris Woertgen ... [et al.] -- One sensor fits all : a new approach in monitoring brain physiology / H. Doll ... [et al.] -- Evaluation of NIRS data based on theoretical analysis of oxygen transport to cerebral tissue / Kazunori Oyama ... [et al.] -- Myocardial capillary net and blood constituents in streptozotocin (STZ-)-induced diabetic rats / Tomiyasu Koyama and Akira Taka -- Effects of proinsulin C-peptide on oxygen transport uptake and utilization in insulinopenic diabetic subjects : a review / Lina Nordquist and Sara Stridh -- Reduced oxygenation in diabetic rat kidneys measured by T2* weighted magnetic resonance micro-imaging / Jenny Edlund ... [et al.] -- Identification and distribution of uncoupling protein isoforms in the normal and diabetic rat kidney / Malou Friederich ... [et al.] -- Iodinated contrast media decrease renomedullary blood flow : a possible cause of contrast media-induced nephropathy / Per Liss ... [et al.] -- C-peptide normalizes glomerular filtration rate in hyperfiltrating conscious diabetic rats / Sara Stridh ... [et al.] -- Lipoprotein nanoplatform for targeted delivery of diagnostic and therapeutic agents / Jerry D. Glickson ... [et al.] -- Prognostic potential of the pre-therapeutic tumor oxygenation status / Peter Vaupel -- Histological basis of MR/optical imaging of human melanoma mouse xenografts spanning a range of metastatic potentials / He N. Xu ... [et al.] -- The relationship between vascular oxygen distribution and tissue oxygenation / Alexandru Daşu and Iuliana Toma-Daşu -- Intraoperative measurement of colonic oxygenation during bowel resection / Daya B. Singh ... [et al.] -- Quantifying tumour hypoxia by PET imaging : a theoretical analysis / Iuliana Toma-Daşu, Alexandru Da̧su, and Anders Brahme -- New measurements for assessment of impaired cerebral autoregulation using near-infrared spectroscopy / Dominique De Smet ... [et al.] -- Single shot T₁p magnetic resonance imaging of metabolically generated water in vivo / Eric A. Mellon ... [et al.] -- Brain tissue oxygen consumption and supply induced by neural activation : determined under suppressed hemodynamic response conditions in the anesthetized rat cerebral cortex / Kazuto Masamoto ... [et al.] -- Brain oxygen balance under various experimental pathophysiological conditions / Michal Schechter, Judith Sonn, and Avraham Mayevsky -- Ketones suppress brain glucose consumption / Joseph C. LaManna ... [et al.] -- False positives in functional near-infrared topography / Ilias Tachtsidis ... [et al.] -- Relationship between brain tissue haemodynamics, oxygenation, and metabolism in the healthy human adult brain during hyperoxia and hypercapnea / Ilias Tachtsidis ... [et al.] -- Use of a Codman microsensor intracranial pressure probe : effects on near infrared spectroscopy measurements and cerebral hemodynamics in rats / Helga Blockx, Willem Flameng, and Geofrey De Visscher -- Effect of severe hypoxia on prefrontal cortex and muscle oxygenation responses at rest and during exhaustive exercise / Thomas Rupp and Stéphane Perrey.
- Oxygen transport to tissue XXXI 2010, SpringerPart 1. Physiology and pathophysiology of O2 transport -- Part 2. In vivo measurement of O2 -- Part 3. Exercise and O2 transport -- Part 4. O2 microenvironment in cancer -- Part 5. Clinical aspects of O2 transport.
- Oxygen transport to tissue XXXIII 2012, Springer
- Oxygen transport to tissue XXXIV 2013, Springer
- Oxygen transport to tissue XXXVI 2014, Springer
- Oxygen transport to tissue. XXXII 2011, Springer
- Physical activity and public health practice 2012, CRCnetBASE
- Physiology and physiopathology of adipose tissue 2013, Springer
- Physiology of the gastrointestinal tract. 4th ed. 2006, ScienceDirect
- Physiology of the gastrointestinal tract. 5th ed. 2012, ScienceDirectV. I. Sect. I. Basic cell physiology, genetics, and growth of the GI tract. Transcription and epigenetic regulation / Juanita L. Merchant -- Post-translational processing of gastrointestinal peptides / Graham S. Baldwin -- Genetic tools in gastrointestinal diseases / Clara Abraham and Judy Cho -- Signaling pathways induced by G-protein-coupled receptors / Enrique Rozengurt -- Transgenic animal models of gastrointestinal function / Marie-Pier Tetreault and Jonathan P. Katz -- Gastrointestinal function / Marie-Pier Tetreault and Jonathan P. Katz -- Gastrointestinal peptides: gastrin, cholecystokinin, somatostatin, and ghrelin / Celia Chao and Mark R. Hellmich -- Postpyloric gastrointestinal peptides / Guillermo A. Ggomez, Ella W. Englander, and George H. Greeley, Jr. -- Growth factors in the gastrointestinal tract / John F. Kuemmerle -- Developmental signaling networks: WNT/[beta]-catenin signaling in the gastrointestinal tract / Guido T. Bommer and Eric R. Fearon -- Hedgehog signaling in gastrointestinal morphogenesis and morphostasis / Willemijn A. van Dop and Gijs R. van den Brink -- Notch pathway regulation of intestinal cell fate / Kelli L. Van Dussen, Peter J. Dempsey, and Linda C. Samuelson --Stem cells in the gastrointestinal tract / Nicholas A. Wright -- Programmed cell death in the gastrointestinal tract / Leonard R. Johnson and Ramesh M. Ray -- Molecular physiology of gastrointestinal function during development / Hua Xu, James F. Collins, and Fayez K. Ghishan -- The cell cycle / Vincent W. Yang -- Sect. II. Neurogastroenterology. Development of the enteric nervous system / Heather M. Young, Donald F. Newgreen, and Hideki Enomoto -- Cellular physiology of gastrointestinal smooth muscle / Khalil N. Bitar ... [et al.] -- Organization and electrophysiology of interstitial cells of cajal and smooth muscle cells in the gastrointestinal tract / Kenton M. Sanders, Sang Don Koh, and Sean M. Ward -- Enteric nervous system structure and neurochemistry related to function and neuropathology / Daniel P. Poole and John B. Furness -- Physiology of prevertebral sympathetic ganglia / Joseph H. Szurszewski and David R. Linden -- Cellular neurophysiology of enteric neurons / Jackie D. Wood -- Integrative functions of the enteric nervous system / Jackie D. Wood -- Processing of gastrointestinal sensory signals in the brain / Steven J. Coen, Anthony R. Hobson, and Qasim Aziz --Innervation of the gastrointestinal tract by spinal and vagal afferent nerves / Stuart M. Brierley ... [et al.] -- Neuroimaging of brain-gut interactions in functional gastrointestinal disorders / Kirsten Tillisch ... [et al.] -- The neurobiology of gustation: taste buds and transduction processes / Scott Herness -- Enteric neural regulation of mucosal secretion / Joel C. Bornstein, Rachel M. Gwynne, and Henrik Sjövall -- Hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis in gastrointestinal physiology / Shin Fukudo -- Neural regulation of gastrointestinal blood flow / Peter Holzer -- Neuromuscular function in the biliary tract / Gary M. Mawe ... [et al.] -- Brainstem control of the gastric function / Richard C. Rogers and Gerlinda E. Hermann -- Physiology of aerodigestive reflexes in neonates and adults / Sudarshan R. Jadcherla and Reza Shaker -- Motor function of the pharynx, the esophagus, and its sphincters / Ravinder K. Mittal -- Neurophysiologic mechanisms of gastric reservoir function / Jan Tack -- Physiology of the antral pump and gastric emptying / Christopher K. Rayner, Geoffrey S. Hebbard, and Michael Horowitz -- Neurophysiologic mechanisms of human large intestinal motility / Adil E. Bharucha and Simon J.H. Brookes --Neuromuscular physiology of the pelvic floor / Arnold Wald -- Sect. III. Host defense mechanisms. tight junctions and theintestinal barrier / Thomas Y. ma, James M. Anderson, and Jerrold R. Turner -- Biology of gut immunoglobulins / Finn-Eirik Johansen ... [et al.] -- Gastrointestinal microbial ecology with perspectives on health and disease / Merritt G. Gillilland, vincent B. Young, and Gary B. Huffnagle -- Mucsoal bacterial recognition and signaling systems in the intestine / masayuki Fukata and Maria T. Abreu -- Mucosal restitution and repair / D. Brent Polk and Mark R. Frey -- Gastroduodenal mucosal defense / Maggie Ham ... [et al.] -- V. II. Sect. IV. Physiology of secretion. Paneth cells / André J. Ouellette -- Salivary gland secretion / Marcelo A. Catalán, Kiran S. Ambatipudi, and James E. Melvin -- The cell biology of gastric acid secretion / Curtis Okamoto ... [et al.] -- Regulation of gastric acid secretion / Mitchell L. schubert -- Gastroduodenal bicarbonate secretion / Ursula Seidler and Markus Sjöblom -- Structure-function relationships in the pancreatic acinar cell / Fred S. Gorelick and James D. Jamieson -- Stimulus-secretion coupling in pancreatic acinar cells / John A. Williams and David I. Yule --Cell physiology of pancreatic ducts / Barry E. Argent ... [et al.] -- Regulation of pancreatic secretion / Rodger A. Liddle -- Bile formation and the enterohepatic circulation / Paul A. Dawson -- Mechanisms of hepatocyte organic anion transport / Allan W. Wolkoff -- Mechanisms of hepatocyte detoxification / Donald J. Messner, Karen F. Murray, and Kris V. Kowdley -- Sect. V. Digestion and absorption. Physiology of cholangiocytes / Anatoliy I. Masyuk, Tatyana V. Masyuk, and Nicholas F. LaRusso -- Molecular mechanisms of protein sorting in polarized epithelial cells / Bernardo Ortega and Paul A. Welling -- Sugar absorption / Ernest M. Wright ... [et al.] -- Protein digestion andabsorption / Vadivel Ganapathy -- Enterocyte fatty acid handling proteins and chylomicron formation / Charles M. Mansbach, II and Nada A. Abumrad -- Genetic regulation of intestinal lipid transport and metabolism / Zhouji Chen and Nicholas O. Davidson -- Digestion and intestinal absorption of dietary carotenoids and vitamin A / Earl H. Harrison -- 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3: synthesis, actions, and genome-scale mechanisms in the intestine and colon /J. Wesley Pike and Mark B. Meyer --Mechanisms and regulation of intestinal absorption of water-soluble vitamins: cellular and molecular aspects / Hamid M. Said and Ebba Nexo -- Water transport in the gastrointestinal tract / Jay R. Thiagarajah and A.S. Verkman -- Na+/H+ exchange in mammalian digestive tract / Pawel R. Kiela and Fayez K. Ghishan -- Intestinal antion absorption / Ravinder K. Gill ... [et al.] -- cAMP sensor epac and gastrointestinal function / Oleg G. Chepurny ... [et al.] -- Ion channels of the epithelia of the gastrointestinal tract / John Cuppoletti and Danuta H. Malinowska -- Molecular mechanisms of intestinal transport of calcium, phosphate, and magnesium / Pawel R. Kiela, James F. Collins, and Fayez K. Ghishan -- Molecular mechanisms of intestinal iron transport / James F. Collins and Gregory J. Anderson -- Sect. VI. Consequences of disregulated physiology. Trace element absorption and transport / Robert J. Cousins -- The gastrointestinal tract and control of food intake / Guillaume de Lartigue and Helen E. Raybould -- Effects of stress on intestinal mucosal functions / Johan D. Söderholm -- Enteric neurobiology of stress / Sumei Liu and Jackie D. Wood --Mechanisms of helicobacter pylori-induced gastric inflammation / Dawn A. Israel and Richard M. Peek, Jr. -- Physiology of host-pathogen interactions / Kim Hodges and Gail Hecht -- Mechanisms and consequences of intestinal inflammation / Derek M. McKay and Wallace K. MacNaughton -- Recruitment of inflammatory and immune cells in the gut: physiology and pathophysiology / D. Neil Granger, Christopher G. Kevil, and Matthew B. Grisham -- Mechanisms of GI malignancies /John P. Lynch and Anil K. Rustgi -- Pathophysiology underlying the irritable bowel syndrome / Jackie D. Wood -- Pathophysiology of diarrhea and its clinical implications / Rana F. Ammoury and Fayez K. Ghishan.
- Phytoestrogens and health 2002, CRCnetBASEGeneric Comments on Isoflavones and Other Phytoestrogens -- Chapter 1. Brief Historical Overview of Isoflavone Research / Mark Messina -- Chapter 2. Soy Isoflavones as Functional Ingredients in Women's Health / Clare M. Hasler and Susan Kundrat -- Chapter 3. Isoflavone Supplements: Arguments For and Against Their Use / Mark Messina -- Chapter 4. Industrial Processing and Preparation of Isoflavones / Eric T Gugger -- Food Sources and Composition of Phytoestrogens -- Chapter 5. Human Dietary Sources of Phytoestrogens and Methods of Determination / Chung-Ja C. Jackson and H.P. Vasantha Rupasinghe -- Chapter 6. Tables of Isoflavone, Coumestan, and Lignan Data / Chung-Ja C. Jackson and G. Sarwar Gilani -- Measurement Methodology of Phytoestrogens in Blood and Tissues -- Chapter 7. Analysis of Phytoestrogens in Biological Samples by Mass Spectrometry / Jeevan K. Prasain, Chao-Cheng Wang, and Stephen Barnes -- Chapter 8. Measurement Methodology for Phytoestrogens in Blood and Urine / Mariko Uehara -- Chapter 9. Metabolism and Disposition of Genistein, the Principal Soy Isoflavone / Daniel R. Doerge, Richard H. Luecke, and John F Young -- Digestion, Absorption and Metabolism of Isoflavones -- Chapter 10. Digestion, Absorption and Metabolism of Isoflavones / Roger A. King -- Cellular Mechanism of Action, Including Estrogen Receptors -- Chapter 11. Cellular Mechanisms of Action Including Estrogen Receptors: ER[alpha] and [beta] / Sari Mäkelä and Jan-Åke Gustafsson -- Chapter 12. Effects of Phytoestrogens on Bone Cells: Genomic and Nongenomic Mechanisms / Xiaowei Chen and John J.B. Anderson -- Cardiovascular Effects -- Chapter 13. Epidemiology of Soy Isoflavones and Cardiovascular Disease / M.Z. Vitolins, M.S. Anthony, and G.L. Burke -- Chapter 14. Soy/Isoflavones and Risk Factors for Cardiovascular Disease / Mary S. Anthony -- Chapter 15. Soy Proteins, Isoflavones, Cardiovascular Risk Factors, and Chronic Disease / David J.A. Jenkins, Cyril WC. Kendall, and Augustine Marchie -- Chapter 16. Lipoprotein Effects of Soybean Phytoestrogens / Sandra R. Teixeira and John W Erdman, Jr. -- Chapter 17. Effects of Free (Aglycone) Phytoestrogens and Metabolites on Cardiovascular Functions and Cancer / Paul Nestel and Alan Husband -- Skeletal Effects -- Chapter 18. Association Between Soy and/or Isoflavones and Bone: Evidence from Epidemiologic Studies / Mary S. Anthony, John J.B. Anderson, and D. Lee Alekel -- Chapter 19. Skeletal Effects of Phytoestrogens in Humans: Bone Mineral Density and Bone Markers / John J.B. Anderson and D. Lee Alekel -- Chapter 20. Skeletal Effects of Phytoestrogens: Rodent Models: Diet / Bahram H. Arjmandi and Brenda J. Smith -- Cancer -- Chapter 21. Phytoestrogens and Cancer: Epidemiologic Evidence / Anna H. Wu -- Chapter 22. Flaxseed Lignans: Health Benefits, Bioavailability, and Safety / Lilian U. Thompson and Wendy E. Ward -- Chapter 23. Phytoestrogens, Estrogens and Risk of Colon Cancer / Maurice R. Bennink and Elizabeth A. Rondini -- Chapter 24. Phytoestrogen Actions in the Breast and Uterus / Charles E. Wood, Stephen Barnes, and J. Mark Cline -- Chapter 25. Induction of Apoptosis by Genistein: Potential Applications in Cancer Prevention and Treatment / Andreas I. Constantinou -- Renal Effects -- Chapter 26. Phytoestrogens: Diabetic Nephropathy / Tammy J. Stephenson and James W Anderson -- Premenopausal Hormone Effects -- Chapter 27. Hormonal Effects of Phytoestrogens in Premenopausal Women / Alison M. Duncan, William R. Phipps, and Mindy S. Kurzer -- Postmenopausal, Potential Alternative to Traditional HRT -- Chapter 28. Phytoestrogens: Effects on Menopausal Symptoms / Fabien S. Dalais -- Chapter 29. Use of Soy Isoflavones as an Alternative to Traditional Hormone Replacement Therapy / Mara Z. Vitolins, Mary S. Anthony, and Gregory L. Burke -- Safety and Potential Toxicity -- Chapter 30. Deleterious Effects of Genistein Follow Exposure During Critical Stages of Development / Retha R. Newbold, Wendy Jefferson, Elizabeth Padilla-Banks, and Bill Bullock -- Chapter 31. Evaluation of Phytoestrogen Safety and Toxicity in Rodent Models That Include Developmental Exposure / Barry Delclos -- Chapter 32. The Health Consequences of Soy Infant Formula, Soy Protein Isolate, and Isoflavones / Thomas M. Badger, Martin J.J. Ronis, Reza Hakkak, and Sohelia Korourian -- Chapter 33. Public Health Implications of Dietary Phytoestrogens / Joel Rotstein, and G. Sarwar Gilani.
- Principles of bone biology. 2nd ed. 2002, ScienceDirectv. 1.-- Part. I. Basic principles -- v. 2.-- Part. II. Molecular mechanisims of metabolic bone diseases -- Part. III. Pharmacological mechanisms of therapeutics -- Part. IV. Methods in bone research.
- Principles of gender-specific medicine. 2nd ed. 2010, ScienceDirectChapter 1. The Effects of Gender in Neonatal Medicine / Tove S. Rosen, David Bateman -- Chapter 2. Sexual Development, Growth, and Puberty in Children / Gaya S. Aranoff, Jennifer J. Bell -- Chapter 3. Gender Differences in Pediatric Pulmonary Disease / Beverley J. Sheares -- Chapter 4. Gender-Specific Aspects of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology / James H. Garvin Jr. -- Chapter 5. Gender Differences in Neurological Conditions of Children / David M. Kaufman -- Chapter 6. Gender and Sports: Past, Present, and Future / Jordan D. Metzl -- Chapter 7. Gender Differences in the Functional Organization of the Brain / Ruben C. Gur, Tamara Bockow, Raquel E. Gur -- Chapter 8. Sexual Differentiation of Brain Structure and Function / Margaret M. McCarthy -- Chapter 9. The Sexed and Gendered Brain / William Byne -- Chapter 10. Age and Gender-Specific Patterns of Neurologic Illness / Joan Amatniek, Karin Sorra, Lauren Frey, W. Allen Hauser -- Chapter 11. Gender Differences in Stroke / Rebecca F. Gottesman, Argye E. Hillis -- Chapter 12. Gender Differences in Disorders that Present to Psychiatry / Mary V. Seeman -- Chapter 13. Hormone Replacement Therapy and Cognitive Function / Mary Sano, Diane Jacobs, Katya Gaynor -- Chapter 14. Gender and the Heart: Sex-Specific Differences in the Normal Myocardial Anatomy and Physiology / Marianne J. Legato, Jaswinder K. Leghe -- Chapter 15. Gender-Specific Aspects of Selected Coronary Heart Disease Risk Factors: A Summary of the Epidemiologic Evidence / Shari S. Bassuk, JoAnn E. Manson -- Chapter 16. Dyslipidemia Management in Women and Men: Exploring Potential Gender Differences / Kavita Sharma, Christian D. Nagy, Roger S. Blumenthal -- Chapter 17. Gender Differences in the Role of Stress and Emotion in Cardiovascular Function and Disease / David E. Anderson, Margaret A. Chesney -- Chapter 18. The Role of Sex and Gender in Cardiothoracic Surgery / Sandhya K. Balaram, Justin D. Blasberg -- Chapter 19. Gender Differences in Asthma / Robert H. Lim, Lester Kobzik -- Chapter 20. Gender Issues in Venous Thromboembolism / Susan Murin, Kathryn Bilello, Lisa Moores, Aaron Holley -- Chapter 21. Sleep in Women: Gender Differences in Health and Disease / Shirin Shafazand -- Chapter 22. Are Women More Susceptible to Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease? / Kenneth R. Chapman -- Chapter 23. The Gender-Specific Aspects of Lung Cancer / Rebecca L. Toonkel, Charles A. Powell -- Chapter 24. Gender-Specific Considerations in Pulmonary Hypertension / Deborah Shure -- Chapter 25. Sex and Gender Differences in Pulmonary Manifestations of Autoimmune Disease / Muddassir Aliniazee, Marilyn K. Glassberg -- Chapter 26. Benign Metastasizing Leiomyoma and Lymphangioleiomyomatosis: Lung Diseases of Women / Muddassir Aliniazee, Marilyn K. Glassberg -- Chapter 27. Gender Differences in Susceptibility, Outcomes, and Pathophysiology of Sepsis / Kristy A. Bauman, MeiLan K. Han -- Chapter 28. Inflammatory Bowel Disease in Women / Melissa Munsell, Marc Sonenshine, Mary L. Harris -- Chapter 29. Disorders of Defecation in Women / Susan L. Gearhart -- Chapter 30. Idiopathic Gastroparesis: Gender Aspects / Henry P. Parkman --Chapter 31. Liver Disease in Women / Karen Krok, Ayman Koteish -- Chapter 32. Gender Differences in Irritable Bowel Syndrome / Octavia Pickett-Blakely, Linda A. Lee, Gerald Mullin -- Chapter 33. Contraception / Karen Feisullin, Carolyn Westhoff -- Chapter 34. Infertility: The Male / Howard H. Kim, Peter N. Schlegel, Marc Goldstein -- Chapter 35. Infertility and In Vitro Fertilization / Elizabeth Barbieri, Sonya Kashyap, Pak H. Chung -- Chapter 36. Female Sexual Health / Barbara D. Bartlik, Julie A. Kolzet, Nazia Ahmad, Tahmina Parveen, Sarah Alvi -- Chapter 37. Male Sexual Dysfunction / Serkan Deveci, John P. Mulhall -- Chapter 38. Pelvic Pain: Urogenital Female Disorders / Andrew T. Goldstein, Lara J. Burrows -- Chapter 39. Lower Urogenital Tract Dysfunction in Men and Women / Doreen E. Chung, Alexis E. Te, Renuka Tyagi -- Chapter 40. Aging and the Lower Urogenital System / Catherine E. DuBeau -- Chapter 41. Menopause / Gloria Bachmann, Nora J. Doty -- Chapter 42. The Differences between Male and Female Breast Cancer / Coral Omene, Amy Tiersten -- Chapter 43. Difference in Germ Cell Tumors of the Reproductive Tract in Men and Women / Nicole LaNatra, Amy Tiersten -- Chapter 44. Gender Differences in Hereditary Cancer Syndromes: Risks, Management, and Testing for Inherited Predisposition to Cancer / Wendy K. Chung -- Chapter 45. Gender Differences in Emerging Infectious Diseases / Sharon Lewin -- Chapter 46. Sexually Transmitted Infections in Men and Women / Anne M. Rompalo, Khalil G. Ghanem -- Chapter 47. Infections in Pregnancy / Emilia Mia Sordillo, Bruce Polsky -- Chapter 48. Adult Immunization in Women and Men / Sally L. Hodder, Debra Chew, Shobha Swaminathan -- Chapter 49. Gender Differences in Autoimmune Diseases: Immune Mechanisms and Clinical Applications / Nabih I. Abdou, Virginia Rider -- Chapter 50. Hormones and Cytokines: Gender-Specific Effects / Maurizio Cutolo -- Chapter 51. Prolactin and Autoimmunity / Sara E. Walker -- Chapter 52. Sex Hormones and Immune Function / Robert G. Lahita -- Chapter 53. Pregnancy and Autoimmune Rheumatic Disease / Carl A. Laskin, Christine A. Clark, Karen A. Spitzer -- Chapter 54. Oral Contraceptives and Autoimmune Diseases / Taraneh Mehrani, Michelle Petri -- Chapter 55. Gender-Specific Issues in Organ Transplantation / Hilary Sanfey Chapter 56. Endogenous Sex Hormones and Risk of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus in Men and Women / Sherita Hill Golden -- Chapter 57. Thyroid Disorders and Pregnancy / Matthew Kim -- Chapter 58. Sexual Function and Dysfunction in Men and Women / Karen Elizabeth Boyle, Arthur L. Burnett -- Chapter 59. Osteoporosis in Men and Women / Kendall F. Moseley, Suzanne M. Jan de Beur -- Chapter 60. Testosterone Replacement Therapy in Men and Women / Diala El-Maouche, Adrian Dobs.
- Principles of hormone/behavior relations 2004, ScienceDirect
- Neural anatomy -- Passive membranes -- Active membranes -- Propagation -- Neural branches -- Synapses -- Networks of neurons -- Extracellular recording and stimulation -- The neural code -- Applications.
- Regulatory mechanisms of striated muscle contraction 2007, Springer
- Respiratory muscle training 2013, ScienceDirectRespiratory Muscle Training: theory and practice is the world's first book to provide an "everything-you-need-to-know" guide to respiratory muscle training (RMT). Authored by an internationally-acclaimed expert, it is an evidence-based resource, built upon current scientific knowledge, as well as experience at the cutting-edge of respiratory training in a wide range of settings. The aim of the book is to give readers: 1) an introduction to respiratory physiology and exercise physiology, as well as training theory; 2) an understanding of how disease affects the respiratory muscles and the mechanics of breathing; 3) an insight into the disease-specific, evidence-based benefits of RMT; 4) advice on the application of RMT as a standalone treatment, and as part of a rehabilitation programme; and finally, 5) guidance on the application of functional training techniques to RMT. The book is divided into two parts - theory and practice. Part I provides readers with access to the theoretical building blocks that support practice. It explores the evidence base for RMT as well as the different methods of training respiratory muscles and their respective efficacy. Part II guides the reader through the practical implementation of the most widely validated form of RMT, namely inspiratory muscle resistance training. Finally, over 150 "Functional" RMT exercises are described, which incorporate a stability and/or postural challenge - and address specific movements that provoke dyspnoea. Respiratory Muscle Training: theory and practice is supported by a dedicated website (www.physiobreathe.com), which provides access to the latest information on RMT, as well as video clips of all exercises described in the book. Purchasers will also receive a three-month free trial of the Physiotec software platform (via www.physiotec.ca), which allows clinicians to create bespoke training programmes (including video clips) that can be printed or emailed to patients. Introductory overviews of respiratory and exercise physiology, as well as training theory Comprehensive, up-to-date review of respiratory muscle function, breathing mechanics and RMT Analysis of the interaction between disease and respiratory mechanics, as well as their independent and combined influence upon exercise tolerance Analysis of the rationale and application of RMT to over 20 clinical conditions, e.g., COPD, heart failure, obesity, mechanical ventilation Evidence-based guidance on the implementation of inspiratory muscle resistance training Over 150 functional exercises that incorporate a breathing challenge www.physiobreathe.com - access up-to-date information, video clips of exercises and a three-month free trial of Physiotec's RMT exercise module (via www.physiotec.ca)
- Review of medical physiology 2012 (24th ed.), AccessMedicine
- Ryanodine receptors 2005, Springer
- Sarcomere and skeletal muscle disease 2008, SpringerThe sarcomere and sarcomerogenesis / Elisabeth Ehler and Mathias Gautel -- Skeletal muscle alpha-actin diseases / Kathryn N. North and Nigel G. Laing -- Nebulin : a giant chameleon / Katarina Pelin and Carina Wallgren-Pettersson -- Skeletal muscle disease due to mutations in tropomyosin, troponin, and cofilin / Nigel F. Clarke -- Investigations into the pathobiology of thin-filament myopathies / Biljana Ilkovski -- Mouse models for thin filament disease / Mai-Anh T. Nguyen and Edna C. Hardeman -- Thick filament diseases / Anders Oldfors and Phillipa J. Lamont -- Acute quadriplegic myopathy : an acquired "myosinopathy" / Lars Larsson -- Third filament diseases / Bjarne Udd -- The Z-disk diseases / Duygu Selcen and Olli Carpén -- Intermediate filament diseases : desminopathy / Lev G. Goldfarb ... [et al.] -- Muscular integrity : a matter of interlinking distinct structures via plectin / Patryk Konieczny and Gerhard Wiche -- The sarcomere and the nucleus : functional links to hypertrophy, atrophy, and sarcopenia / Mathias Gautel -- Other model organisms for sarcomeric muscle diseases / John Sparrow, Simon M. Hughes, and Laurent Segalat -- Therapeutic approaches for the sarcomeric protein diseases / Kristen J. Nowak.
- Sarcopenia- age-related muscle wasting and weakness 2011, SpringerOverview of Sarcopenia -- Muscle wasting in cancer and ageing: cachexia versus sarcopenia -- Age-related remodeling of neuromuscular junctions -- Aging related changes motor unit structure and function -- Excitation-contraction coupling regulation in aging skeletal muscle -- Alterations in mitochondria and their impact in aging skeletal muscle -- Skeletal muscle collagen: age, injury and disease -- Nuclear apoptosis and sarcopenia -- Age-related changes in the molecular regulation of skeletal muscle mass -- Genetic variation and skeletal muscle traits: implications for sarcopenia -- Proteomic and biochemical profiling of aged skeletal muscle -- Exercise and nutritional interventions to combat age-related muscle loss -- Reactive oxygen species generation and skeletal muscle wasting, implications for sarcopenia -- Exercise as a countermeasure for sarcopenia -- Role of contraction-induced injury in age-related muscle wasting and weakness -- Role of IGF-1 in age-related loss of skeletal muscle mass and function -- Role of myostatin in skeletal muscle growth and development: implications for sarcopenia -- Role of beta-adrenergic signalling in skeletal muscle wasting: implications for sarcopenia -- Index.
- Seasonality in human mortality 2007, Springer
- Sex differences 2000, ScienceDirect
- Skeletal muscle plasticity in health and disease 2006, Springer
- Skeletal muscle repair and regeneration 2008, Springer
- Sliding filament mechanism in muscle contraction 2005, Springer
- Stress challenges and immunity in space 2012, Springer
- Structure of biological membranes. 2nd ed. 2005, CRCnetBASEChapter 1. Lipid structure -- Chapter 2. The mesomorphic phase behavior of lipid bilayers -- Chapter 3. Lipid bilayer interdigitation -- Chapter 4. The dynamics of membrane lipids -- Chapter 5. Nonlamellar lipid phases -- Chapter 6. The forces between interacting bilayer membranes and the hydration of phospholipid assemblies -- Chapter 7. The roles of cholesterol in the biology of cells -- Chapter 8. Lipid membrane fusion -- Chapter 9. Membrane rafts -- Chapter 10. Passive and facilitated transport -- Chapter 11. Membrane protein dynamics: rotational dynamics -- Chapter 12. Translational diffusion of membrane proteins -- Chapter 13. Inorganic anion transporter AE1 -- Chapter 14. The structures of G-protein coupled receptors -- Chapter 15. Role of membrane lipids in modulating the activity of membrane-bound enzymes -- Chapter 16. Viral fusion mechanisms.
- Systematic musculoskeletal examinations 2012, AccessMedicineA step-by-step learning text and atlas designed to teach essential and foundational skills of musculoskeletal physical assessment. Comprised of a 3-part learning system: 1. Screening Musculoskeletal Examination (SMSE): rapid assessment of structure and function 2. General Musculoskeletal Examination (GMSE): comprehensive assessment of joint inflammation and arthritis 3. Regional Musculoskeletal Examination (RMSE): focused assessments of structure and function combined with special testing of the shoulder, knee, and neck and low back.
- Taurine. 6 2006, Springer
- Taurine. 7 2009, Springer
- Taurine. 8 v. 1-2, 2013., Springerv.2 SpringerVolume 1. The Nervous system, immune system, diabetes and the cardiovascular system -- Volume 2. Nutrition and metabolism, protective role, and role in reproduction, development, and differientiation.
- Thermoregulation and human performance 2008, KargerThe evolutionary basis of thermoregulation and exercise performance / F.E. Marino -- Comparative thermoregulation and the quest for athletic supremacy / F.E. Marino -- Thermoregulation, fatigue, and exercise modality / R. Tucker -- Neuromuscular response to exercise heat stress / S.S. Cheung -- Intestinal barrier dysfunction, endotoxemia, and gastrointestinal symptoms : the "canary in the coal mine" during exercise-heat stress? / G.P. Lambert -- Effects of peripheral cooling on characteristics of local muscle / E. Drinkwater -- Cooling interventions for the protection and recovery of exercise performance from exercise-induced heat stress / R. Duffield -- Ethnicity and temperature regulation / M.I. Lambert, T. Mann, J.P. Dugas -- Exercise heat stress and metabolism / T. Mündel.
- Transglutaminases 2005, KargerMammalian transglutaminases : a family portrait / Mehta, K. -- Structure-function relationships of transglutaminases, a contemporary view / Nemes, Z., Csosz, E., Fesus, L. -- Transglutaminases and their substrates / Facchiano, F., Facchiano, A. -- Type 2 transglutaminase and cell death / Piacentini, M. ... [et al.] -- Transglutaminase and cell-survival signaling / Singh, U.S., Pan, J. -- Transglutaminases in wound healing and inflammation / Verderio, E.A.M., Johnson, T.S., Griffin, M. -- Transglutaminases in epidermis / Eckert, R.L. ... [et al.] --Tissue transglutaminase (TG2) in cancer biology / Mangala, L.S., Mehta, K. -- Transglutaminases in neurodegenerative disorders / Bailey, C.D.C., Tucholski, J., Johnson, G.V.W. -- Tissue transglutaminase and celiac disease / Esposito, C. ... [et al.] -- Transglutaminases as biotechnological tools / Mariniello, L., Porta, R. -- Extracellular transglutaminase: factor XIII / Ichinose, A. -- Transglutaminases of lower organisms / Rao, R.U., Chandrashekar, R., Mehta, K. -- Transglutaminases of higher, lower plants and fungi / Del Duca, S., Serafini-Fracassini, D.
- What sustains life? 2006, SpringerWhat sustains life? an overview -- The pilgrimage: highlights in our understanding of products and components of living organisms -- Likelihood of life's protein machines: extravagant in construction yet efficient in function -- Consilient mechanisms for diverse protein-based machines: the efficient comprehensive hydrophobic effect -- On the evolution of protein-based machines: toward complexity of structure and diversity of function -- Biology thrives near a movable cusp of insolubility -- Consilient mechanisms for the protein-based machines of biology -- Advanced materials for the future: protein-based materials with potential to sustain individual health and societal development -- Appendix 1. Mechanics of elastin: molecular mechanism of biological elasticity and its relationship to contraction / Dan W. Urry and Timothy M. Parker -- Appendix 2. Development of elastic protein-based polymers as materials for acoustic absorption / Dan W. Urry... [et al.]
- Wnt signaling 2008, Springer Protocolsv. 1. Pathway methods and mammalian models -- v. 2. Pathway models.
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases