Books by Subject
Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine
- Achilles tendon 2009, Springer
- Acquired brain injury 2007, Springer
- Adventure and extreme sports injuries 2013, Springer
- Amputation, prosthesis use, and phantom limb pain 2010, Springer
- Biomechanics for life 2011, Springer
- Biomechatronics in medicine and health care 2011, CRCnetBASE
- Cardiac rehabilitation 2007, Springer
- Cardiac rehabilitation manual 2011, SpringerGeneral Principles of Exercise Testing in Cardiac Rehabilitation -- General Principles of Nutrition Support in Cardiac Rehabilitation -- Psychological Care of Cardiac Patients -- Exercise Training in Cardiac Rehabilitation -- Angina Pectoris -- Diabetes Mellitus Type 2 and Cardiovascular Disease -- Cardiac Rehabilitation After Acute Myocardial Infarction: The Influence of Psychosocial Disorders -- Stable Coronary Artery Disease: Exercise-Based Cardiac Rehabilitation Reduces the Risk of Recurrent Angina after PCI in the Case of Arterial Hypertension -- Rehabilitation of Patients After CABG/Sternotomy -- Congestive Heart Failure: Stable Chronic Heart Failure Patients -- Cardiac Rehabilitation in Patients with Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator -- Exercise Training in Congenital Heart Diseases -- Pacemaker Implantation -- Patient with Peripheral Artery Disease.
- Cardiovascular prevention and rehabilitation 2007, SpringerIntroduction / edited by Peter Mathes -- Exercise testing in heart disease / edited by Helmut Gohlke -- Exercise training in heart disease / edited by Helmut Gohlke -- Nutrition / edited by Catherine Monpère -- Tobacco addiction / edited by Irene Hellemans -- Psychological and behavioral support / edited by Hannah McGee -- Social and caring support / edited by Philippe Sellier -- Adapted programs for special groups / edited by Hugo Saner -- Pharmacotherapy, organization, evaluation / edited by Joep Perk.
- Casebook of orthopedic rehabilitation 2008, Springer
- Computers helping people with special needs 2008, Springer
- Coping with chronic illness and disability 2007, SpringerPart I: An introduction to coping theory and research / H. Livneh and E. Martz -- Psychodynamic adn cognitive theories of coping / C.L. Radnitz and L. Tiersky -- Hierarchical coping : a conceptual framework for understanding coping within the context of chronic illness and disability / J. Chronister and F. Chan -- The social context of coping / J.F. Kosciulek -- Reauthoring the self : chronic sorrow and posttraumatic stress following the onset of CID / S. Roos and R.A. Neimeyer -- Adaptive tasks and methods of coping with illness and disability / R.H. Moos and C.J. Holahan. Part II: Coping with AIDS : the challenges of an evolving disease / J. Walkup and L. Cramer-Berness -- Coping with arthritis : from vulnerability to resilience / B.W. Smith and J. Dalen -- Coping with burn injury: research summary and a new model of the influence of coping on psychological complications / J.A. Fauerbach, M.G. Bresnick and M.T. Smith -- Coping with cancer : findings on research and intervention studies / S.L. Manne -- Coping with diabetes : psychological determinants of diabetes outcomes / J. Wagner and H. Tennen -- Coping with epilepsy : research and interventions / M. Bishop and C.A. Allen -- Coping with heart disease : implications for prevention and treatment / K.K. Bennett and J.L. Boothby -- Coping with multiple sclerosis : considerations and interventions / K. McNulty -- Coping with chronic pain : a stress-appraisal coping model / B.E. Thorn and K.E. Dixon -- Coping with severe mental illness : a multifaceted approach / S. Kravetz and D. Roe -- Coping with spinal cord injuries : wholeness is a state of mind / E. Martz and H. Livneh -- Coping with traumatic brain injury : existential challenges and managing hope / J.H. Hinkebein and R.C. Stucky -- Appendix of commonly used coping instruments.
- Designing accessible technology 2006, Springer
- Designing inclusive futures 2008, Springer
- Disability & international development 2009, Springer
- Ergonomics for rehabilitation professionals 2009, CRCnetBASE
- Essential physical medicine and rehabilitation 2006, SpringerTraumatic brain injury / Ramnik Singh and Michael W. O'Dell -- Stroke / Brenda S. Mallory -- Spinal cord injury / Monifa Brooks and Steven Kirshblum -- Prosthetics and orthotics / Heikki Uustal -- Cardiac rehabilitation / Mathew N. Bartels -- Pulmonary rehabilitation / Mathew N. Bartels -- Pediatric rehabilitation / Jilda N. Vargus-Adams -- Neuromuscular rehabilitation / Nancy E. Strauss, Shikha Sethi, and Stanley J. Myers -- Cancer rehabilitation / Michael D. Stubblefield and Christian M. Custodio -- Orthopedic rehabilitation / C. David Lin -- Spine and musculoskeletal medicine / Grant Cooper, Yusuf Tatli, and Gregory E. Lutz -- Electrodiagnostic medicine / Joseph Feinberg ... [et al.].
- Essentials of physical medicine and rehabilitation. 2nd ed. 2008, MD ConsultCervical spondylotic myelopathy -- Cervical facet arthropathy -- Cervical degenerative disease -- Cervical radiculopathy -- Cervical sprain or strain -- Cervical stenosis -- Cervicogenic vertigo -- Trapezius strain -- Acromioclavicular injuries -- Adhesive capsulitis -- Biceps tendinitis -- Biceps tendon rupture -- Glenohumeral instability -- Rotator cuff tendinitis -- Rotator cuff tear -- Scapular winging -- Shoulder arthritis -- Elbow arthritis -- Epicondylitis -- Median neuropathy -- Olecranon bursitis -- Radial neuropathy --Ulnar neuropathy (elbow) -- de quervain tenosynovits -- Dupuytren contracture -- Extensor tendon injuries -- Flexor tendon injuries -- Hand and wrist ganglia -- Hand osteoarthritis -- Kienböck disease -- Median neuropathy (carpal tunnel syndrome) -- Trigger finger -- Ulnar collateral ligament sprain -- Ulnar neuropathy (wrist) -- Wrist osteoarthritis -- Wrist rheumatoid arthritis -- Thoracic compression fracture -- Thoracic radiculopathy -- Thoracic sprain or strain -- Lumbar degenerative disease -- Lumbar facet arthropathy -- Lumbar radiculopathy -- Low back strain or sprain -- Lumbar spondylolysis and spondylolisthesis -- Lumbar spinal stenosis -- Sacroiliac joint dysfunction -- Hip osteoarthritis -- Femoral neuropathy -- Lateral femoral cutaneous neuropathy -- Piriformis syndrome -- Quadriceps contusion -- Total hip replacement -- Trochanteric bursitis -- Anterior cruciate ligament tear -- Baker's cyst -- Collateral ligament sprain -- Compartment syndrome -- Hamstring strain -- Iliotibial band syndrome -- Knee osteoarthritis -- Knee bursitis -- Meniscal injuries -- Jumper's knee -- Patellofemoral syndrome -- Peroneal neuropathy -- Posterior cruciate ligament sprain -- Quadriceps tendinitis -- Shin splints -- Stress fractures -- Total knee replacement -- Achilles tendinitis -- Ankle arthritis -- Foot and ankle bursitis -- Ankle sprain -- Bunion and bunionette --Chronic ankle instability -- Claw toe -- Corns -- Foot and ankle ganglia -- Hallux rigidus -- Hammer toe -- Mallet toe -- Metatarsalgia -- Morton neuroma -- Plantar fasciitis -- Posterior tibial tendon dysfunction -- Tibial neuropathy (tarsal tunnel syndrome) -- Occipital neuralgia -- Trigeminal neuralgia -- Thoracic outlet syndrome -- Chronic pain syndrome -- Complex regional pain syndrome -- Headaches -- Fibromyalgia -- Myofascial pain syndrome -- Repetitive strain injuries -- Costosternal syndromes -- Intercostal neuralgia -- Tietze syndrome -- Postherpetic neuralgia -- Arachnoiditis -- Coccydynia -- Phantom limb pain -- Cervical dystonia -- Post-thoracotomy pain syndrome -- Post-mastectomy pain syndrome -- Upper limb amputations -- Lower limb amputations -- Ankylosing spondylitis -- Burns -- Cardiac rehabilitation -- Cancer -- Cerebral palsy -- Chronic fatigue syndrome -- Chronic kidney disease -- Joint contractures -- Deep venous thrombosis -- Dementia -- Management of the patient with a foot at risk: peripheral arterial disease and diabetes -- Dysphagia -- Enteropathic arthritides -- Heterotopic ossification -- Lymphedema -- Motor neuron disease -- Movement disorders -- Multiple sclerosis -- Myopathies -- Neurogenic bladder -- Osteoarthritis -- Osteoporosis -- Parkinson disease -- Peripheral neuropathies -- Plexopathy-brachial -- Plexopathy-lumbosaral -- Polytrauma rehabilitation -- Post-poliomyelitis syndrome -- Post-concussion disorders -- Psoriatic arthritis -- Pressure ulcers -- Pulmonary rehabilitation -- Rheumatoid arthritis -- Scoliosis and kyphosis -- Spasticity -- Speech and language disorders -- Spinal cord injury (cervical) -- Spinal cord injury (thoracic) -- Spinal cord injury (lumbosacral) -- Stroke -- Stroke in young adults -- Systemic lupus erythematosus -- Transverse myelitis -- Traumatic brain injury.
- Flexibility, a concise guide 2008, Springer
- Foundations of sport-related injuries 2008, SpringerI. Foundations of Injury in Athletics -- Classification of Injuries in Athletics, p. 3-23 -- Science of Training and Injury in Athletics, p. 25-43 -- Balance as a Risk Factor for Athletic Injuries, p. 45-75 -- Fatigue-Related Injuries in Athletes, p. 77-95 -- Nutrition as a Risk Factor for Injury in Elite Athletes, p. 97-109 -- II. Coaches and Athletes' Perspectives of Injury -- Injury in Athletics: Coaches' Point of View, p. 113-146 -- Injury from Athletes' Perspectives, p. 147-159 -- Interviews with Injured Athletes, p. 161-195 -- Overuse Injuries: Students' Points of View, p. 197-216 -- Fitness Assessment in Athletes, p. 217-239 -- III. Psychological Traumas in Athletes -- Psychological Trauma: Unfortunate Experience in Athletics, p. 243-267 -- Fear as Adaptive or Maladaptive Form of Emotional Response, p. 269-287 -- Fear of Injury, Kinesiophobia & Perceived Risk, p. 289-309 -- Multiple Facets of Pain due to Injury, p. 311-330 -- Psychological Trauma: Case Studies, p. 331-355 -- Psychological Trauma: Age & Gender Factors, p. 357-374 -- IV. Concussion in Athletes -- Concussion: Why Bother?, p. 377-398 -- Concussion Classification: Historical Perspectives and Current Trends, p. 399-414 -- Evaluation of Concussion: Signs and Symptoms, p. 415-445 -- Traumatic Brain Injuries in Children, p. 447-466 -- V. Injury Rehabilitation -- Integrated Injury Rehabilitation, p. 469-491 -- EEG & Neurofeedback in Rehabilitation, p. 493-513 -- Virtual Reality in Injury Rehabilitation, p. 515-540.
- Functional movement development across the life span. 3rd ed. 2012, ScienceDirectFunctional independence : a lifelong goal -- Theories affecting development -- Motor development -- Motor control and motor learning -- Evaluation of function, activity, and participation -- Skeletal system changes -- Muscle system changes -- Cardiovascular and pulmonary systems changes -- Nervous system changes -- Sensory system changes -- Vital functions -- Posture and balance -- Locomotion -- Prehension -- Health and fitness.
- Geriatric physical therapy. 3rd ed. 2012, ScienceDirect
- Innovations in rehabilitation sciences education 2005, Springer
- International handbook of occupational therapy interventions 2009, Springer
- Managing sports injuries. 4th ed. 2011, ScienceDirectHealing -- Sports massage -- Taping in sport -- Physical training and injury -- Exercise therapy -- First contact management -- Lower limb motion during walking, running, and jumping -- The hip and thigh -- The knee -- The shin -- The ankle -- The foot -- The lumbar spine -- The thorax and thoracic spine -- The cervical spine -- Facial injury -- The shoulder -- The elbow -- The wrist and hand.
- Managing the injured athlete 2011, ScienceDirect
- Multiple sclerosis rehabilitation 2013, CRCnetBASE"This edited handbook provides a comprehensive resource to inform and guide health and rehabilitation practitioners as they engage in the rehabilitation process with multiple sclerosis patients. The text provides a broad-based perspective on multiple sclerosis, how it influences everyday life, and the strategies that can be employed by rehabilitation practitioners to enable people with MS to fully engage in everyday life. The first section offers an overview of MS basics; the next two sections describe MS rehabilitation to manage impairments and to enhance activity and participation among MS patients; and the final section presents contextual factors that may influence MS rehabilitation efforts"--Provided by publisher.
- Neurorehabilitation technology 2012, Springer
- Orthopedic rehabilitation, assessment, and enablement 2007, Springer
- Pain procedures in clinical practice. 3rd ed. 2011, ScienceDirect
- Pediatric life care planning and case management. 2nd ed. 2011, CRCnetBASE
- Pelvic floor re-education. 2nd ed. 2008, SpringerPart I. Function and Dysfunction of the Pelvic Floor and Viscera -- Functional Anatomy of the Pelvic Floor and Lower Urinary Tract / Daniele Perucchini and John O. L. DeLancey -- Neural Control of Pelvic Floor Muscles / David B. Vodušek -- The Effects of Pregnancy and Childbirth on the Pelvic Floor / Kaven Baessler and Bernhard Schüssler -- Muscle Function and Ageing / Brenda Russell and Linda Brubaker -- Urinary Incontinence and Voiding Dysfunction / Annette Kuhn and Bernhard Schüssler -- Pelvic Organ Prolapse / Peggy A. Norton -- Anal Incontinence, Constipation, and Obstructed Defecation / Abdul H. Sultan and A. Muti Abulaffi -- Overactive Pelvic Floor Muscles and Related Pain / Wendy F. Bower -- Part II. Evaluation of the Pelvic Floor -- Clinical Evaluation of the Pelvic Floor Muscles / Diane K. Newman and Jo Laycock -- Examination of Patients with Pelvic Organ Prolapse / Ursula M. Peschers -- Urodynamics / Ursula M. Peschers -- Applying Urodynamic Findings to Clinical Practice / Christopher K. Payne -- Anorectal Physiology / David Z. Lubowski and Michael L. Kennedy -- Ultrasound Imaging / Kaven Baessler and Heinz Kölbl -- Magnetic Resonance Imaging / Thomas Treumann, Ralf Tunn and Bernhard Schüssler -- Electrophysiology / Clare J. Fowler and David B. Vodušek -- Outcome Measures in Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation / Kate H. Moore and Emmanuel Karantanis -- Part III. Techniques of Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation and Muscle Training -- Concepts of Neuromuscular Rehabilitation and Pelvic Floor Muscle Training / Jo Laycock -- Exercise, Feedback, and Biofeedback / Pauline E. Chiarelli and Kate H. Moore -- Electrical Stimulation / Wendy F. Bower -- Extracorporeal Magnetic Stimulation / Alastair R. Morris and Kate H. Moore -- Devices / Ingrid Nygaard and Peggy A. Norton -- Alternative Methods to Pelvic Floor Muscle Awareness and Training / Kaven Baessler and Barbara E. Bell -- Part IV. Treatment: Condition-Specific Assessment and Approaches -- Behavioral Treatment / Kathryn L. Burgio -- Stress Urinary Incontinence / Jo Laycock -- Evidence for the Effectiveness of Pelvic Floor Muscle Training in the Treatment and Antenatal Prevention of Female Urinary Incontinence / E. Jean C. Hay-Smith and Kate H. Moore -- Postpartum Management of the Pelvic Floor / Pauline E. Chiarelli -- Role of a Perineal Clinic / Ranee Thakar -- Overactive Bladder / Kathryn L. Burgio, Dudley Robinson and Linda Cardozo -- Sexual Dysfunction and the Overactive Pelvic Floor / Wendy F. Bower -- Anal Incontinence and Evacuation Difficulties / Christine Norton -- Incontinence During Sports and Fitness Activities / Alain P. Bourcier -- Pelvic Organ Prolapse - Pessary Treatment / Jane A. Schulz and Elena Kwon -- Part V. What to Do if Physiotherapy Fails? -- Stress Urinary Incontinence: Choice of Surgery / Stuart L. Stanton -- Genital Prolapse: Surgery for Failed Conservative Treatment / Stuart L. Stanton -- The Anal Sphincter / Klaus E. Matzel, Manuel Besendörfer and Stefanie Kuschel.
- Physical rehabilitation of the injured athlete. 4th ed. 2012, ScienceDirect
- Physical therapy of cerebral palsy 2007, Springer
- Physical therapy of the shoulder. 5th ed. 2012, ScienceDirect
- Progress in motor control. A Multidisciplinary perspective 2009, Springer
- Model-based and model-free mechanisms of human motor learning /Adrian M. Haith, John W. Krakauer --The molecular basis of experience-dependent motor system development /Robert G. Kalb, Weiguo Zhou, Lei Zhang --Neurocognitive mechanisms of error-based motor learning /Rachael D. Seidler ... [et al.] --Plasticity in the motor network following primary motor cortex lesion /Numa Dancause --The mirror system in monkeys and humans and its possible motor-based functions /Leonardo Fogassi, Luciano Simone --A molecular basis for intrinsic muscle properties : implications for motor control /Kiisa C. Nishikawa ... [et al.] --Theoretical and methodological issues in serial correlation analysis /Didier Delignières, Vivien Marmelat --On the control of unstable objects : the dynamics of human stick balancing /Ramesh Balasubramaniam --Intermittent motor control : the "drift-and-act" hypothesis /John G. Milton.
- The disability paradigm / David Pfeiffer -- Understanding how disability is defined and conceptualized in the literature / Barbara J. Lutz and Barbara J. Bowers -- An integrative conceptual framework of disability : new directions for research / Denise G. Tate and Constance Pledger -- Transforming psychological practice and society : policies that reflect the new paradigm / Carol J. Gill, Donald G. Kewman, and Ruth W. Brannon -- Social work practice with people with disabilities in the era of disability rights / Richard L. Beaulaurier and Samuel H. Taylor -- Models of disability : implications for the counseling profession / Julie F. Smart and David W. Smart -- The contribution of the physically and mentally handicapped to development / Jean Vanier -- Personal perspective : coping with a journey toward recovery : from the inside out / Dale Walsh --Psychological adaptation to chronic illness and disability : a primer for counselors / Hanoch Livneh and Richard F. Antonak -- Objective self-awareness and stigma : implications for persons with visible disabilities / Andrew A. Phemister and Nancy M. Crewe -- Psychosocial issues of women with physical disabilities : the continuing gender debate / Margaret A. Nosek and Rosemary B. Hughes -- Female sexuality and spinal cord injury : counselling implications / Eva Miller and Irmo Marini -- Cross-cultural counseling issues of males who sustain a disability / Irmo Marini -- Psychiatric and psychological issues in survivors of major disasters / Carol S. North -- Quality of life and psychosocial adaptation to chronic illness and acquired disability : a conceptual and theoretical synthesis / Malachy Bishop -- Six principles relating disability and psychological adjustment / Franklin C. Shontz -- Personal perspective : using rational emotive behavior therapy techniques to cope with disability / Albert Ellis --Family decision making in foregoing life-extending treatments / Virginia P. Tilden ... [et al.] -- My child is not my carer : mothers with physical disablities and the well-being of children / Ora Prilleltenshy -- Parenting a child with a chronic medical condition / Jane Case-Smith -- In the midst of a hurricane : a case study of a couple living with AIDS / Lydia P. Buki, Lori Kogan, Bethanne Keen, and Patti Uman -- Parental illness, family functioning, and adolescent well-being : a family ecology framework to guide research / Sara Pedersen -- Life's challenges : curse or opportunity? Counseling families of persons with disabilities / Mary R. Hulnick and H. Ronald Hulnick -- Personal perspectives : my life with muscular dystrophy : lessons and opportunities / Robert P. Winske -- Dealing with Spina Bifida : mother's perspective / Janet Lingerman --The construct of hope in the rehabilitation process / Amy B. Collins and Marvin D. Kuehn -- Spirituality in disability and illness / Judy Kaye and Senthil Kumar Raghavan -- Spiritual factors and adjustment in medical rehabilitation : understanding forgiveness as a means of coping / Jon R. Webb -- The psychosocial impact on survivors of extraordinary, stressful, and traumatic events : principles and practices in critical incident response for rehabilitation counselors / Mark A. Strebnicki -- War, death, and bereavement : how we can help / Joan Beder -- Users of assistive technology : the human component / Martin G. Brodwin, Tristen Star, and Elizabeth Cardoso -- Changes in attitudes toward people with handicaps / Beatrice A. Wright -- Personal perspective : recovery and the rehabilitation process : a personal journey / James T. Herbert --The implications of positive psychology and wellness for rehabilitation counselor education / Irmo Marini and Mitka Chacon -- "Successful aging" : a disability perspective / Meredith Minkler and Pamela Fadem -- The promise of the International classification of functioning, disability, and health (ICF) -- Recovery from psychiatric disabilities / Patricia B. Nemec and Cheryl J. Gagne -- Psychological adaptation to disability : perspectives from chaos and complexity theory / Hanoch Livneh and Randall M. Parker -- Eugenics, euthanasia, and physician-assisted suicide : an overview for rehabilitation professionals / Steve Zanskas and Wendy Coduti -- Reflections and considerations / Arthur E. Dell Orto and Paul Power -- Aging and disability : toward a unified agenda / Irving Kenneth Zola -- Personal statement : life lessons taught me by my disability / Alfred H. DeGraff -- Personal statement : one more burden, a mother's perspective / Bernadette.
- Psychoprosthetics 2008, Springer
- Re-engineering of the damaged brain and spinal cord 2005, Springer
- Rehab clinical pocket guide 2013, Springer"Designed in a concise, easy-to-read style for a wide variety of medical occupations, the Rehab Clinical Pocket Guide is the ideal, handy reference for rehabilitation professionals and other health providers. Divided into four sections that cover inpatient care, clinical strategies, outpatient care, and additional diagnostics and therapeutics, this is the first book of its kind to contain all of the relevant clinical information needed on the rehabilitation unit, including specific admission order sets and topics such as medication dosing, consultant recommendations, specific rehabilitation goals and treatments, and even billing details for various diagnoses. The Rehab Clinical Pocket Guide offers all the clinical material needed to properly treat patients and excel in the field of physical medicine and rehabilitation and will prove an indispensable resource for medical students, residents, physicians, therapists and nutritionists."--P. 4 of cover."
- Rehabilitation outcome measures 2010, ScienceDirectOutcome measurement and practice -- International classification of functioning, disability and health (ICF) -- How to choose an outcome measure -- Reliability : error in measurement -- Validity -- Measuring change -- Measuring mobility -- Measuring physical activity -- Measuring fatigue -- Measuring neurological conditions and rehabilitation -- Evaluating satisfaction.
- Spastic forms of cerebral palsy 2010, SpringerCerebral palsy detection : from John Little to the present / Giovanni Cioni, Paola B. Paolicelli -- Guide to the interpretation of cerebral palsy / Adriano Ferrari, Silvia Alboresi -- Functional diagnosis in infants and in very young children : early predictive signs / Giovanni Cioni, Andrea Guzzetta, Vittorio Belmonti -- Motor defects / Adriano Ferrari -- Perceptive defects / Adriano Ferrari -- Praxic organization disorders / Simonetta Muzzini, Federico Posteraro, Roberta Leonetti -- Visual and oculomotor disorders / Andrea Guzzetta ... [et al.] -- Neuropsychological evaluation / Daniels Brizzolara, Paola Brovedani, Giovanni Ferretti -- Emotional, behavioral and social disorders in children and adolescents with cerebral palsy / Gabriele Masi, Paolo Brovedani -- Observing interactions / Sandra Maestro -- Critical aspects of classifications / Adriano Ferrari -- Kinematic classification / Adriano Ferrari -- Tetraplegic forms / Adriano Ferrari ... [et al.] -- Dysperceptive forms / Silvia Alboresi ... [et al.] -- Forms of diplegia / Adriano Ferrari ... [et al.] -- Forms of hemiplegia / Giovanni Cioni ... [et al.].
- Spinal control 2013, ScienceDirectSpine systems science : a primer on the systems approach / N. Peter Reeves, Jacek Cholewicki -- Computational models for trunk trajectory planning and load distribution : a test-bed for studying various clinical adaptation and motor control strategies of low back pain patients / Mohamad Parnianpour -- Mechanical changes in the spine in back pain / Greg Kawchuk -- Spine function and low-back pain : interactions of active and passive structures / Jaap H. van Dieen, Idsart Kingma -- Adaptation and rehabilitation: from motoneurones to motor cortex and -- Behaviour / Paul W. Hodges -- Opinions on the links between back pain and motor control : the disconnect -- Between clinical practice and research / Stuart McGill -- The kinesiopathologic model and mechanical low back pain / Linda R. Van Dillen, Shirley A. Sahrmann, Barbara J. Norton -- The relationship between control of the spine and low back pain : a clinical -- Researcher's perspective / Julie A. Hides -- Existing muscle synergies and low back pain : a case for preventative -- Intervention / Jack P. Callaghan, Erika Nelson-Wong -- Trunk muscle control and back pain : chicken, egg, neither or both? / G. Lorimer Moseley --Altered variability in proprioceptive postural strategy in people with recurrent low back pain / Simon Brumagne ... [et al.] -- Proprioceptive contributions from paraspinal muscle spindles to the relationship between control of the trunk and back pain / Joel G. Pickar -- Time-dependent mechanisms that impair muscle protection of the spine / Patricia Dolan, Michael A. Adams -- Effectiveness of exercise therapy for chronic non-specific low-back pain / Marienke van Middelkoop .... [et al.] -- How can models of motor control be useful for understanding low back pain? (summary chapter 1) / N. Peter Reeves ... [et al.] -- Targeting interventions to patients : development and evaluation (summary chapter 2) / Linda van Dillen, Maurits van Tulder -- Motor control changes and low-back pain, cause or effect? (summary chapter 3) / Jaap H. van Dieen, G. Lorimer Moseley, Paul W. Hodges -- What is the relation between proprioception and low back pain? (summary chapter 4) / Simon Brumagne, Patricia Dolan, Joel G. Pickar -- Motor control of the spine and changes in pain : debate about the extrapolation from research observations of motor control strategies to effective treatments for back pain (summary chapter 5) / Paul W. Hodges, Stuart McGill, Julie A. Hides -- Integrated clinical approach to motor control interventions in low back and pelvic pain / Paul W. Hodges ... [et al.].
- Sports injuries 2012, Springer
- Strengthening care for the injured 2010, WHO"Injury accounts for a significant proportion of the world's burden of disease. Each year 5.8 million people die from injury and millions more are disabled. The response to this global health problem needs to include a range of activities, from better surveillance to more in-depth research, and primary prevention. Also needed are efforts to strengthen care of the injured. The World Health Organization (WHO) has responded to this need with a variety of actions. ... WHO collected this set of case studies, documenting success stories and lessons learned from several countries. Through this publication, WHO seeks to increase communication ... among those working in the field of trauma care in different countries worldwide."--p. iii.
- Fulltext WHO"Injury accounts for a significant proportion of the world's burden of disease. Each year 5.8 million people die from injury and millions more are disabled. The response to this global health problem needs to include a range of activities, from better surveillance to more in-depth research, and primary prevention. Also needed are efforts to strengthen care of the injured. The World Health Organization (WHO) has responded to this need with a variety of actions. ... WHO collected this set of case studies, documenting success stories and lessons learned from several countries. Through this publication, WHO seeks to increase communication ... among those working in the field of trauma care in different countries worldwide."--p. iii.
- Systems neuroscience and rehabilitation 2011, Springer
- Traumatic brain injury. 3rd ed. 2010, CRCnetBASE
- Vocational rehabilitation 2006, Springer
- Work and cancer survivors 2009, SpringerEpidemiology / David Neary -- Economic burden / Richard J. Butler, William G. Johnson, and Timothy Gubler -- Employers' and survivors' perspectives / Ziv Amir, David R. Strauser, and Fong Chan -- Work disability : it is not just the "lesion" / Patrick Loisel -- The meaning of work / Guy Maytal and John Peteet -- Fatigue, pain, and physical function / Mary E. Sesto and Maureen J. Simmonds -- Cognitive limitations / Tracy Veramonti and Christina Meyers -- Young survivors of childhood cancer / Angela de Boer, Jos Verbeek, and Frank van Dijk -- Primary and occupational health care providers / Jos Verbeek, Angela de Boer, and Taina Taskila -- Rehabilitation / Michael J.L. Sullivan ... [et al.] -- Workplace accomodations / Fong Chan ... [et al.] -- Individuals with cancer in the workforce and their federal rights / Peter Blanck ... [et al.] -- International efforts : perspectives, policies, and programs / Patricia Findley and Catherine P. Wilson -- Future research, practice, and policy -- Michael Feuerstein.
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
Editor: Jianfang, Zhang
Translated & Donated by Muoi Arnold and Keith Arnold former Stanford faculty