Books by Subject
- Active pharmaceutical ingredients 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Advanced pharmaceutics 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Adverse drug reactions 2010, SpringerPt. 1. Target organ toxicity. -- Drug-induced liver injury / Michael Holt, Cynthia Ju.-- Drug herpersensitivity reactions involving skin / Oliver Hausmann, Benno Schnyder, Werner J. Pichler.-- Adverse drug reactions affecting blood cells / Richard H. Aster.-- Molecular mechanisms of adverse drug reactions in cardiac tissue / Reza Tabrizchi.-- Mechanisms of drug-induced nephrotoxicity / Thomas D. Nolin, Jonathan Himmelfarb.-- Receptor- and reactive intermediate-mediated mechanisms of teratogenesis / Peter G. Wells, Crystal J.J. Lee, Gordon P. McCallum, Julia Perstin, Patricia A. Harper.-- Pt. II. Mediators/Biochemical pathways.-- Role of reactive metabolites in drug-induced hepatotoxicity / A.M. Srivastava, J. L. Maggs, D. J. Antoine, D. P. Williams, D. A. Smith, B. K. Park.-- Role of cytokines in the mechanism of adverse drug reactions / Mary Jane Masson, Lindsay A. Collins, Lance R. Poh.-- Keap1-Nrf2 cellular defense pathway: mechanisms of regulation and role in protection against drug-induced toxicity / Ian M. Copple, Christopher E. Goldring, Neil R. Kitteringham, B. Kevin Park.-- Signal transduction pathways involved in drug-induced liver injury / Derick Han, Mie Shinohara, Maria D. Ybanez, Behnam Saberi, Neil Kaplowitz.-- Mictrochondrial involvement in drug-induced liver injury / Dominique Pessayre, Abdellah Mansouri, Alain Berson, Bernard Fromenty.-- Pt. III. Examples/Models.-- Mechanisms of acetaminophen-induced liver necrosis / Jack A. Hinson, Dean W. Roberts, Laura P. James.-- Drug-induced liver injury in humans: the case of Ximelagtran / M. Keisu, T.B. Andersson.-- Troglitazone / Tsuyoshi Yokoi.-- Neviropine hypersensitivity / M. Popovic, J.M. Shenton, J. Chen, A. Baban, T. Tharmanathan, B. Mannargudi, D. Abdulla, J.P. Uetrecht.-- Mechanisms of adverse drug reactions to biologics / Janet B. Clarke.-- Pt. IV. Risk factors/Screening drug candidates.-- Pharmacogenetics of idiosyncratic adverse drug reactions / Munir Pirmohamed.-- Danger hypothesis applied to idiosyncratic drug reactions / Jinze Li, Jack P. Uetrecht.-- Approaches for minimizing metabolic activation of new drug candidates in drug discovery / Sanjeev Kumar, Kaushik Mitra, Kelem Kassahun, Thomas A. Baillie.
- Allosteric receptor modulation in drug targeting 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Analytical techniques for biopharmaceutical development 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Anticoagulants, antiplatelets, and thrombolytics 2004, Springer Protocols
- Assessing bioavailability of drug delivery systems 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Biocatalysis in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries 2007, CRCnetBASEch. 1. Nitrilases and nitrile hydratases / Robert DiCosimo -- ch. 2. Biocatalytic deracemization : dynamic resolution, stereoinversion, enantioconvergent processes, and cyclic deracemization / Yolanda Simeo, Wolfgang Kroutil, and Kurt Faber -- ch. 3. A decade of biocatalysis at Glaxo Wellcome / Mahmoud Mahmoudian -- ch. 4. Biocatalysis for synthesis for chiral pharamaceutical intermediates / Ramesh N. Patel -- ch. 5. Directed evolution of lipases and esterases for organic synthesis / Aurelio Hidalgo and Uwe T. Bornscheuer -- ch. 6. Flavin-containing oxidative biocatalysts / Marco W. Fraaije and Willem J.H. van Berkel -- ch. 7. Preparation of chiral pharmaceuticals through enzymatic acylation of alcohols and amines / Vicente Gotor-Fernandez, Francisca Rebolledo, and Vicente Gotor -- ch. 8. Dynamic kinetic resolution and asymmetric transformations by enzyme-metal combinations / Mahn-Joo Kim, Yangsoo Ahn, and Jaiwook Park -- ch. 9. Biotransformation of natural or synthetic compounds for the generation of molecular diversity / Robert Azerad -- ch. 10. Applications of aromatic hydrocarbon dioxygenases / Rebecca E. Parales and Sol M. Resnick -- ch. 11. A genomic approach to investigating baker's yeast reductions / Jon D. Stewart -- ch. 12. Immobilization of enzymes as cross-linked enzyme aggregates : a simple method for improving performance / Roger A. Sheldon -- ch. 13. Biotechnological applications of aldolases / Wolf-Dieter Fessner and Stefan Jennewein -- ch. 14. Enzymatic synthesis of modified nucleosides / Luis A. Condezo ... [et al.] -- ch. 15. Biocatalytic reduction of carbozylic acids : mechanism and applications / Padmesh Venkitasubramanian, Lacy Daniels, and John P.N. Rosazza -- ch. 16. Dehalogenases in biodegradation and biocatalysis / Dick B. Janssen -- ch. 17. Enzymatic synthesis of sugar esters and oligosaccharides from renewable resources / A. Ballestros ... [et al.] -- ch. 18. Efficient methods and instrumentation for engineering custom enzymes / Steven J. Robles, William J. Coleman, and Mary M. Yang -- ch. 19. Deaminating enzymes of the purine cycle as biocatalysts for chemoezymatic synthesis and transformation of antiviral agents structurally related to purine nucleosides / Enzo Santaniello, Pierangela Ciuffreda, and Laura Alessandrini -- ch. 20. Mircobial and enzymatic processes for the production of chiral compounds / Kohsuke Honda ... [et al.] -- ch. 21. Discovery of arylmalonate decarbozylase and conversion of the function by rational design / Kenji Miyamoto and Hiromichi Ohta -- ch. 22. Chemoenzymatic preparation of enantiopure building blocks of synthetic utility / Kenji Mori -- ch. 23. Stereoselective modifications of polyhydorxylated steroids / Elena Fossati and Sergio Riva -- ch. 24. Recent developments in enzymatic acyloin condensations / Owen Ward and Ajay Singh -- ch. 25. Synthesis of chiral alcohols with carbonyl reductase library and robust NAD(P)H regenerating system / Hiroaki Yamamoto and Akinobu Matsuyama -- ch. 26. Comparative analysis of chemical and biocatalyic syntheses of drug intermediates / Michael J. Homann ... [et al.] -- ch. 27. Industrial processes using lyases fo C-C, C-N, and C-O bond formation / Martina Pohl an Andreas Lieses -- ch. 28. State of the art and applications in stereoselective synthesis of chiral cyanohydrins / Franz Effenberger, Siegfried Forster, and Christoph Kobler -- ch. 29. Chiral switches : problems, strategies, opportunities, and experiences / Rene Csuk -- ch. 30. Enzyme evolution for chemical process applications / Gjalt W. Huisman and James J. Lalonde -- ch. 31. Biocatalytic routes to nonracemic chiral amines / Nicholas J. Turner and Reuban Carr -- ch. 32. Enantioselective biocatalytic reduction of ketones for the synthesis of optically active alcohols / Stefan Buchholz and Harald Groger -- ch. 33. Enyzmes catalysis in nonaqueous media : past, present and future / Susanne Dreyer ... [et al.] -- ch. 34. Biocatalyic concepts for the synthesis of optically active amines / Stefan Buchholz and Harald Groger.
- Biochips as pathways to drug discovery 2007, CRCnetBASE
- "... provides an established, recognized, authoritative and comprehensive source on medicinal chemistry and drug discovery and development. This flagship reference for medicinal chemists and pharmaceutical professions has been thoroughly updated and expanded across 8 volumes to incorporate the entire process of drug development (preclinical testing, clinical trials, etc.) alongside the traditional strengths in medicinal chemistry and drug discovery"--Provided by publisher.
- Cell culture technology for pharmaceutical and cell-based therapies 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Challenges for the FDA 2007, NAP
- Chemical and pharmaceutical industry in China 2005, Springer
- Chemistry and molecular aspects of drug design and action 2008, CRCnetBASEInflammatory mechanisms in Alzheimer's disease and other neurodegenerative disorders / Joseph Rogers ... [et al.] -- Treatment development strategies for Alzheimer's disease / Ernst Wulfert -- Lipoprotein-associated phospholipase A as a new prognostic factor for coronary artery disease / Alexandros D. Tselepis -- New molecular targets for the prevention and treatment of gastrointestinal ulcers and inflammation / Sandor Szabo ... [et al.] -- Stress activates corticotropin releasing : factor signaling pathways : implication in functional bowel disorders / Yvette Tache -- Design, synthesis, and pharmacological evaluation of high-affinity and selectivity sigma-1 and sigma-2 receptor ligands / Jacques H. Poupaert -- Synthesis of biologically active taxoids / K.C. Nicolaou and R.K. Guy -- From the molecular pharmacology to the medicinal chemistry of cannabinoids / Didier M. Lambert -- An appraisal of fomocaines : current situation and outlook / Herbert Oelschlager and Andreas Seeling -- Ligands for the GABA recognition site at the GABAA receptor : structure-activity studies / Bente Frlund ... [et al.] -- Strategies for development of new lead structures for inhibition of acetylcholinesterase / Petra Kapkova ... [et al.] -- Discovery of potent and selective inhibitors of human aldosterone synthase (CYP11B2) : a new target for the treatment of congestive heart failure and myocardial fibrosis--a review / R.W. Hartmann ... [et al.] --Thiocarboxanilides : a new class of nonnucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NNRTIs) with great potential for the treatment of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) infections / E. De Clercq, A. Karlsson, and J. Balzarini -- Histamine H-receptor agonists and antagonists : chemical, pharmacological, and clinical aspects / Holger Stark and Walter Schunack -- Anti-inflammatory actions of flavonoids and structural requirements for new design / Theoharis C. Theoharides -- Molecular mechanisms of HO-induced DNA damage : the action of desferrioxamine / M. Tenopoulou, P.-T Doulias, and D. Galaris -- LNA (locked nucleic acid) and functionalized LNA : towards efficient gene targeting / Jesper Wengel -- The effect of diet on drug metabolism / K.J. Netter -- Cytochromes P450 in the metabolism and bioactivation of chemicals / Costas Ioannides -- In vitro methods to measure drug metabolism and drug interactions in drug discovery and development / O. Pelkonen ... [et al.] -- How to probe the sites of action of drug molecules / A. Makriyannis and F. Bitter -- Physicochemical profiling in early drug discovery : new challenges at the age of high-throughput screen and combinatorial chemistry / Bernard Faller -- Drug membrane interaction and its importance for drug efficacy / J.K. Seydel ... [et al.] -- The fight against AIDS : new avenues for inhibiting reverse transcriptase (RT), and old target / Maurizio Botta ... [et al.].
- Clinical skills for pharmacists. 3rd ed. 2012, ScienceDirectIntroduction : the practice of clinical pharmacy -- Communication skills for the pharmacist -- Taking medication histories -- Physical assessment skills -- Review of laboratory and diagnostic tests -- The patient case presentation -- Therapeutics planning -- Monitoring drug therapies -- Researching and providing drug information -- Ethics in pharmacy and health care.
- Clinical trials of drugs and biopharmaceuticals 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Combination products 2008, CRCnetBASEOverview of combination products -- Ensuring successful combination product development -- Overview of FDA and other regulatory agency expectations -- Resource requirements -- Manufacturing of combination products -- Challenges and pitfalls to avoid with combination products -- Postlaunch compliance requirements -- Agency audits and challenges.
- Computational medicinal chemistry for drug discovery 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Controlled release in oral drug delivery 2011, Springer
- Cosmeceuticals and active cosmetics. 2nd ed. 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Introduction / Wayne R. Gombotz and Steven J. Shire -- Design of therapeutic MABS. CDR repair: a novel approach to antibody humanization / Mark S. Dennis -- Nanobodies, single-domain antigen-binding fragments of camelid heavy-chain antibodies / Gholamreza Hassanzadeh Ghassabeh, Serge Muyldermans, and Dirk Saerens -- Expression and production of MABS. GPEx® a flexible method for the rapid generation of stable, high expressing, antibody producing mammalian cells lines / Gregory T. Bleck -- Advancing our cell culture platform: incorporating lessons learned and new technologies / Carole Heath -- Recovery and purification. Addressing changes associated with technology transfer: a case study / Michele M. Myers ... [et al.] -- Concepts for disposables in biopharmaceutical manufacture / Joachim K. Walter and Uwe Gottschalk -- Formulation and delivery. Formulation and delivery issues for monoclonal antibody therapeutics / Ann L. Daugherty and Randall J. Mrsny -- Challenges in the development of high protein concentration formulations / Steven J. Shire, Zahra Shahrock, and Jun Liu -- Protein immobilization by crystallization and precipitation: an alternative to lyophilization / Karoline Bechtold-Peters -- Analytics and specification setting for MABS. Characterizing high affinity antigen/antibody complexes by kinetic and equilibrium based methods / Andrew W. Drake, David G. Myszka, and Scott L. Klakamp -- Analytical characterization of monoclonal antibodies: linking structure to function / Reed J. Harris ... [et al.] -- Analysis of irreversible aggregation, reversible self-association and fragmentation of monoclonal antibodies by analytical ultracentrifugation / James D. Andya, Jun Liu, and Steven J. Shires -- Biophysical signatures of monoconal antibodies / N. Harn ... [et al.] -- Pharmacokinetics and immunogenicity. Impact of Fc glycosylation on monoclonal antibody effector functions and degradation by proteases / T. Shantha Raju -- Immunogenicity assessment of antibody therapeutics / P. stas, Y. Gansemans, and I. Lasters -- Armed antibodies and new classes of antibodies. Production of monoclonal antibodies in E. coli / Dorothea E. Reilly and Daniel G. Yansura -- Recent advances in the use of antibody drug conjugates for cancer theapy / Peter D. Senter -- Antibody radiolabeling / Corinne Bensimon and Russell Redshaw.
- Depression 2010, KargerAntidepressant compounds : a critical review / S.W. Tang, D.M. Helmeste, B. Leonard -- The hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis in depression / M. Julio-Pieper, T.G. Dinan -- Dysfunctional circadian rhythms and mood disorders : opportunities for novel therapeutic approaches / T.R. Norman -- The concept of depression as a dysfunction of the immune system / B.E. Leonard -- The role of polyunsaturated fatty acids in the pathology and treatment of depression / C. Song -- Overcoming antidepressant treatment resistance : focus on glutamate / J.W. Murrough, S.J. Mathew -- Neuroimaging and the pathophysiology and treatment of depression : recent advances and future needs / D.M. Cannon -- Animal models of depression : where are we going? / D.A. Slattery, J.F. Cryan -- Genetic models of depression and antidepressant response / I. Lucki -- The role of 5-HT2C receptors in the antidepressant response : a critical review / C.B.P. Martin ... [et al.] -- Chromatin-based treatments for affective disorders : insight or utopia / H.E. Covington III, O. Berton -- Neurotrophic factors and antidepressant action : recent advances / O.F. O'Leary, E. Castron -- Neurogenic basis of antidepressant action : recent advances / A. Tanti, C. Belzung -- The nature and treatment of therapy-resistant depression / S.H. Kennedy, S.J. Rizvi, P. Giacobbe -- Optimizing antidepressant management of depression : current status and future perspectives / T.L. Schwartz, S.M. Stahl.
- Developing solid oral dosage forms. 1st ed. 2009, ScienceDirect
- Directory of approved biopharmaceutical products 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Dose finding in drug development 2006, Springer
- Dose optimization in drug development 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Drug delivery to the oral cavity 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Drug discovery handbook 2005, WileyIntroduction. Drug discovery in the 21st century --ch. 1.Natural products /Charles B. Spainhour --ch. 2.Cancer cell proteomics using molecular aptamers /Weihong Tan ... [et al.] --ch. 3.Molecular similarity methods and QSAR models as tools for virtual screening /Jürgen Bajorath --ch. 4.Systems biology : applications in drug discovery /Sean Ekins ...[et al.] --ch. 5.High throughput flow cytometry /Larry A. Sklar ... [et al.] --ch. 6.Combining NMR spectral information with associated structural features to form computationally nonintensive, rugged, and objective models of biological activity /Richard D. Beger, Dan A. Buzatu, and Jon G. Wilkes --ch. 7.Using Microsoft Excel as a laboratory data management tool /A. Erik Rubin, Mark F. Russo, and William Neil --ch. 8.Age of regulation /Sandy Weinberg and Gerald J. Whartenby --ch. 9.Simultaneous screening of multiple cell lines using the CellCard system /Oren E. Beske --ch. 10.Protein X-ray crystallography in drug discovery /Peter Nollert ... [et al.] --ch. 11.Biological and chemistry assays available during drug discovery and developability assessment /Duane B. Lakings --ch. 12.Strategies and methods in monitoring and targeting protein-protein interactions /Arianna Loregian and Giorgio Palù --ch. 13.High-throughput screening : evolution of technology and methods --Martyn N. Banks ... [et al.] --ch. 14.Metal-enhanced fluorescence : application to high-throughput screening and drug discovery /Kadir Aslan ... [et al.] --ch. 15.Methods for the design and analysis of replicate-experiment studies to establish assay reproducibility and the equivalence of two potency assays /Brian J. Eastwood ... [et al.] --ch. 16.Coupled luminescent methods in drug discovery : 3-minute assays for cytotoxicity and phosphatase activity /Michael J. Corey and Robert J. Kinders --ch. 17.Design and pharmaceutical applications of prodrugs /Tomi Järvinen ... [et al.] --ch. 18.GABA and glutamate receptor ligands and their therapeutic potential in CNS disorders /Ulf Madsen ... [et al.] --ch. 19.Cardiac sarcolemmal ATP-sensitive potassium channel antagonists : novel ischemia-selective antiarrhythmic agents /George E. Billman --ch. 20.Factors influencing the efficacy of mediator-specific anti-inflammatory, glucocorticoid, and anticoagulant therapies for sepsis /Peter C. Minneci ... [et al.] --ch. 21.Combinatorial chemistry in the drug discovery process /Nathan T. Ross, Brian R. McNaughton, and Benjamin L. Miller --ch. 22.Herbal medicines and animal models of gastrointestinal diseases /C.H. Cho and J.K.S. Ko --ch. 23.Endocrine and metabolic agents /Brian L. Furman --ch. 24.Respiratory viruses /Paul D. Olivo --ch. 25.Strategies in the design of antiviral drugs /Erik De Clercq and Piet Herdewijn --ch. 26.Protein kinase inhibitors in drug discovery /Keykavous Parang and Gongqin Sun --ch. 27.RNA-based therapies /Steve Pascolo --ch. 28.Novel imaging agents for molecular MR imaging of cancer /Dmitri Artemov and Zaver M. Bhujwalla --ch. 29.Targets and approaches for cancer drug discovery /Susan L. Mooberry.
- Drug discovery strategies and methods 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Drug interactions in infectious diseases. 3rd ed. 2011, SpringerIntroduction to Drug-Drug Interactions -- Mechanisms of Drug Interactions I: Absorption, Metabolism, and Excretion -- Mechanisms of Drug Interactions II: Transport Proteins -- Drug-Food Interactions -- Interactions Between Herbs and Antiinfective Medications -- Drug-Cytokine Interactions -- Beta-Lactam Antibiotics -- Macrolides, Azalides, and Ketolides -- Quinolones -- Glycopeptides, Lipopeptides, and Lipoglycopeptides -- Miscellaneous Antibiotics -- Drugs for Tuberculosis -- Drug Interactions with Antiretrovirals for HIV Infection -- Non-HIV Antiviral Agents -- Antifungal Agents -- Antimalarial Agents -- Antiprotozoal and Anthelmintic Agents -- Drug Interaction Considerations Throughout Drug Development -- Probe Cocktail Studies -- Design and Data Analysis in Drug Interaction Studies.
- Drug metabolism and pharmacokinetics quick guide 2011, Springer
- Drug products for clinical trials. 2nd ed. 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Electronic health record 2012, CRCnetBASE"This book introduces readers to structured systems analysis and the medications domains. It starts off with top-down decomposition of workflows and data. It applies structured systems analysis methodology and tools to electronic prescription, computerized physician order entry, drug dispensation, medication administration, and clinical decision support. Providing a comprehensive view of the EHR/EMR, the text covers user interface considerations, reporting requirements, and standards and vocabularies for meaningful use. Assuming no previous clinical and/or informatics knowledge, the author uses accessible language and includes over 250 figures and 100 review questions with answers"--Provided by publisher.
- Enhancement in drug delivery 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Introduction to the guidelines. Purpose, target and scope -- Background -- A dual obligation, a quadruple imperative -- Indispensability of controlled medicines in contemporary medical practices -- Safety of controlled medicines -- Current availability -- Impediments to availability, accessibility and affordability -- Why and how to work with this document? -- Guidelines for ensuring balance in national policies on controlled substances. Content of drug control legislation and policy -- Authorities and their role in the system -- Policy planning for availability and accessibility -- Healthcare professionals -- Estimates and statistics -- Procurement -- Other -- Country assessment checklist.
- Enzymes and their inhibition 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Essentials of pharmacy law 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Facility validation 2004, CRCnetBASE
- FDA regulatory affairs 2004, CRCnetBASE
- FDA-speak. 2nd ed. 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Formulating poorly water soluble drugs 2012, Springer1. Route-Specific Challenges in the Delivery of Poorly Water-Soluble Drugs / Stephanie Bosselmann and Robert O. Williams III -- 2. Optimizing the Formulation of Poorly Water-Soluble Drugs / Kevin P. O'Donnell and Robert O. Williams III -- 3. Solid-State Techniques for Improving Solubility / Justin R. Hughey and Robert O. Williams III -- 4. Mechanical Particle-Size Reduction Techniques / Javier O. Morales, Alan B. Watts, and Jason T. McConville -- 5. Solubilized Formulations / Feng Zhang and James C. DiNunzio -- 6. Injectable Formulations of Poorly Water-Soluble Drugs / Michael P. Boquet and Dawn R. Wagner -- 7. Design and Development of Self-Emulsifying Lipid Formulations for Improving Oral Bioavailability of Poorly Water-Soluble and Lipophilic Drugs / Ping Gao -- 8. Structured Development Approach for Amorphous Systems / Navnit Shah, Harpreet Sandhu, Duk Soon Choi, Oskar Kalb, Susanne Page, and Nicole Wyttenbach -- 9. Melt Extrusion / James C. DiNunzio, Feng Zhang, Charlie Martin, and James W. McGinity -- 10. Spray-Drying Technology / Dave A. Miller and Marco Gil -- 11. Pharmaceutical Cryogenic Technologies / Wei Yang, Donald E. Owens III, and Robert O. Williams III -- 12. Precipitation Technologies for Nanoparticle Production / Jasmine M. Rowe and Keith P. Johnston -- 13. Emerging Technologies to Increase the Bioavailability of Poorly Water-Soluble Drugs / Justin R. Hughey and James W. McGinity -- 14. Scientific and Regulatory Considerations for Development and Commercialization of Poorly Water-Soluble Drugs / Zedong Dong and Hasmukh Patel.
- Functional protein microarrays in drug discovery 2007, CRCnetBASEHigh-throughput gene cloning using the Gateway technology / Scott N. Peterson ... [et al.] -- Protein expression for microarrays / Harry H. Yim, Thomas G. Chappell, and Steven H. Harwood -- Emerging trend: cell-free protein expression / Federico Katzen and Wieslaw Kudlicki -- The critical role of surface chemistry in protein microarrays / Athena Guo and X.-Y. Zhu -- Fabrication of sol-gel-derived protein microarrays for diagnostics and screening / Nicholas Rupcich and John D. Brennan -- Printing and QC of functional protein microarrays / Dee Shen, Fang X. Zhou, and Barry Schweitzer -- Protein engineering for surface attachment / Aparna Girish, Grace Y. J. Chen, and Shao Q. Yao -- Protein in situ arrays through cell-free protein synthesis / Mingyue He ... [et al.] -- Fluorescent detection methods for protein microarrays / Steven Roman and Scott Clarke -- Functional analysis of protein interactions using surface plasmon resonance-based microarrays / Alan McWhirter and Stefan Löfås -- Leaving the surface behind: at the intersection of protein microarrays and mass spectrometry / Darrell P. Chandler ... [et al.] -- High-resolution label-free detection applied to protein microarray research / Lance G. Laing and Brian Cunningham -- Studying protein-protein interactions with protein microarrays: rapid identification of 14-3-3 protein binding partners / Jun-ichi Satoh -- A combined force of chemical genetics and protein microarrays / Heng Zhu and Jing Huang -- Antibody profiling for protein drug development and clinical development / Steve H. Herrmann -- Humoral response profiling using protein microarrays / Arun Sreekumar ... [et al.] -- DNA interactions with arrayed proteins / Marina Snapyan and Vehary Sakanyan -- G protein-coupled receptor microarrays for drug discovery / John Salon ... [et al.] -- Kinase substrate identification using yeast protein microarrays / Geeta Devgan and Michael Snyder -- Protein microarray image analysis / Minzi Ruan -- The analysis of protein arrays / Brad Love -- Evaluating precision and recall in functional protein arrays / Keith Robison -- Visualization of protein microarray data / Kevin Clancy.
- Fundamentals of nuclear pharmacy. 6th ed. 2010, SpringerEstablished as a classic text on nuclear chemistry and pharmacy, 'Fundamentals of Nuclear Pharmacy' has been thoroughly revised and now includes new information covering innovations in imaging technology and clinical applications in the field.
- G protein-coupled receptors in drug discovery 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Gene profiles in drug design 2008, CRCnetBASEA perspective on the future clinical impact of genetic diagnosis and gene-based drug therapies for patient health / Julian W. Tang -- Virally-encoded microRNA (miRNA): candidates for gene silencing / Ralph A. Tripp ... [et al.] -- Development of gene profile-responsive antisense agents / Sergei A. Kazakov and Brian H. Johnston -- Gene profiles in drug development: applications in target identification, biomarker discovery, and compound characterization / Eric A.G. Blomme and Dimitri Semizarov -- Gene profiles and cancer / Beverly A. Teicher -- RNA viruses and RNA-based drugs: a perfect match for RNA delivery and the identification of candidate therapeutic target inflammatory molecules / Brett A. Lidbury ... [et al.] -- Ethical considerations for a genetic future in diagnosis and drug development / Lexie Brans and Brett A. Lidbury.
- Generic drug product development 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Glutamate and GABA receptors and transporters 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Good design practices for GMP pharmaceutical facilities 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Good laboratory practice regulations. 3rd ed. 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Good pharmaceutical manufacturing practice 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Guide to pharmaceutical particulate science 2003, CRCnetBASEParticulate systems: manufacture and characterization -- Sampling and measurement biases -- Particle size descriptors and statistics -- Behavior of particles -- Instrumental analysis -- Methods of particle size measurement and their importance for specific applications (instrument synergy) -- Particle size behavior and physical behavior of a powder -- Clinical effect of pharmaceutical particulate systems.
- Handbook of assay development in drug discovery 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of bioanalysis and drug metabolism 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of biogeneric theraupetic proteins 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of drug screening 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of food-drug interactions 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of pharmaceutical analysis 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of pharmaceutical granulation technology. 2nd ed. 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of pharmaceutical manufacturing formulations v. 1-6, 2004., CRCnetBASEv. 2, 2004 CRCnetBASEv. 3, 2004 CRCnetBASEv. 4, 2004 CRCnetBASEv. 5, 2004 CRCnetBASEv. 6, 2004 CRCnetBASEv. 1. Compressed solid products -- v. 2. Uncompressed solid products -- v. 3. Liquid products -- v. 4. Semisolid products -- v. 5. Over-the-counter products -- v. 6. Sterile products.
- Handbook of regression and modeling 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of topical antimicrobials 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Herbal drugs and fingerprints 2012, Springer
- Herbal supplements-drug interactions 2006, CRCnetBASE
- High dilution effects 2004, Springer
- High-throughput analysis in the pharmaceutical industry 2009, CRCnetBASEHigh throughput sample preparation techniques and their application to bioanalytical protocols and purification of combinatorial libraries / Krishna Kallury -- High-throughput quantitative bioanalysis / Katty X. Wan -- Optimizing LCMS equipment to increase throughput in pharmaceutical analysis / Michael G. Frank and Douglas E. Mcintyre -- Throughput improvement of bioanalytical LC-MS/MS by sharing of detector between HPLC systems / Min Shuan Chang and Tawakol El-Shourbagy -- High throughput strategies for metabolite identification in drug discovery / Patrick J. Rudewicz, Qin Yue, and Young Shin -- Utilizing micro parallel liquid chromatography for high-throughput analyses in the pharmaceutical industry / Sergio A. Guazzotti -- Strategies and techniques for higher throughput ADME/PK assays / Walter Korfmacher -- High-throughput analysis in drug metabolism during early drug discovery / Yau Yi Lau --High-throughput analysis in the support of process chemistry and formulation research & development in the pharmaceutical industry / Zhong Li -- On-line SPE LC/MS/MS for high throughput bioanalytical analysis / Dong Wei and Liyu Yang -- Applications of high-throughput analysis in therapeutic drug monitoring / Quanyun A. Xu and Timothy L. Madden -- High-throughput quantitative pharmaceutical analysis in drug metabolism and pharmacokinetics (DMPK) using liquid crhomatrography-mass spectrometry / Xiaohui Xu -- Designing high throughput HPLC assays for small and biological molecules / Roger K. Gilpin and Wanlong Zhou -- The advances in capillary and nano-HPLC technology for drug discovery and development / Frank J. Yang and Richard Yu -- High-throughput analysis of complex protein mixtures by mass spectrometry / Kojo S.J. Elenitoba-Johnson.
- High-throughput lead optimization in drug discovery 2008, CRCnetBASEApplication of parallel synthesis to the optimization of inhibitors of the ZipA-FtsZ protein-protein interaction / Lee D. Jennings -- Case studies of parallel synthesis in hit identification, hit exploration, hit-to-lead, and lead optimization programs / Alexander Ernst and Daniel Obrecht -- A successful application of parallel synthesis to computer-assisted structural optimization of new leads targeting human immunodeficiency virus-1 reverse transcriptase : the case of acylthiocarbamates and thiocarbamates / Angelo Ranise, Andrea Spallarossa, and Sara Cesarini -- How high-throughput medicinal chemistry can expedite lead discovery, lead optimization, and beyond / Rongshi Li -- Rapid lead identification of inhibitors of adenine nucleotide translocase: a case study of applying combinatorial chemistry techniques in drug discovery / Yazhong Pei, Walter H. Moos, and Soumitra Ghosh -- Parallel synthesis of anticancer, antiinflammatory, and antiviral agents derived from L- and D-amino acids / Robert C. Reid and David P. Fairlie -- Application of solid-phase parallel synthesis in lead optimization studies / Bijoy Kundu -- High-throughput solid-phase synthesis of nucleoside-based libraries in the search for new antibiotics / Dianqing Sun and Richard E. Lee.
- Hooked 2007The Good, the bad, and the ugly : a story of two medications -- An Ethical framework -- The Pharmaceutical industry and the free market -- Patents, generic drugs, and academic science -- Research and profits -- Suppression of research data -- The Quality of pharmaceutical research -- The Drug rep: historical background -- The Drug rep today -- The Influence of drug reps: what the data show -- Continuing medical education -- Professional organizations and journal advertising -- The Industry and the consumer -- The FDA: from patent medicines to AIDS drugs -- The FDA and the industry, 1990-2004 -- Solutions: the management and divestment strategies -- Solutions requiring enhanced professionalism in medicine -- Solutions requiring regulatory reform.
- Immunology for pharmacy 2012, ScienceDirect
- Industrialization of drug discovery 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Information technology in pharmacy 2013, Springer
- Injectable dispersed systems 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Integrated drug discovery technologies 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Introduction to biological and small molecule drug research and development 2013, ScienceDirect
- Isolation technology. 2nd ed. 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Law and ethics of the pharmaceutical industry 2006, ScienceDirect
- Ligand-macromolecular interactions in drug discovery 2010, Springer ProtocolsPart I. Reviews -- 1. An Historical overview of drug discovery / Ana Sofia Pina, Abid Hussain, and Ana Cecília Roque -- 2. Ligand macromolecule interactions : theoretical principles of molecular recognition / Tammy Nolan, Nidhi Singh, and Christopher R. McCurdy -- 3. X-Ray cystallography in drug discovery / Ana Luísa Carvalho, José Trincão, and Maria João Romão -- 4. Virtual screening of compound libraries / Nuno M.F.S.A. Cerqueira, Sérgio F. Sousa, Pedro A. Fernandes, and Maria João Ramos -- Part II: Protocols -- 5. Combinatorial chemistry and the synthesis of compound libraries / Rolf Breinbauer and Matthias Mentel -- 6. Ligand-based nuclear magnetic resonance screening techniques / Aldino Viegas, Anjos L. Macedo, and Eurico Cabrita -- 7. Isothermal titration calorimetry and differential scanning calorimetry / Geoff Holdgate -- 8. Adaptive combinatorial design of focused compound libraries / Gisbert Schneider and Andreas Schüller -- 9. Chemical microarrays : a new tool for discovery enzyme inhibitors / Shuguang Liang, Wei Xu, Kurumi Y. Horiuchi, Yuan Wang, and Haiching Ma -- 10. Fluorescence polarization and time-resolved fluorescence resonance energy transfer techniques for PI3K assays / Kurumi Y. Horiuchi and Haiching Ma -- 11. Small molecule protein interaction profiling with functional protein microarrays / Lihao Meng, Dawn Mattoon, and Paul Predki -- 12. Capillary electrophoresis in drug discovery / Milena Quaglia and Ersilia De Lorenzi -- 13. SPR in drug discovery : searching bioactive compounds in plant extracts / Maria Minunni and Anna Rita Bilia -- 14. Application of frontal affinity chromatography with mass spectrometry (FAC-MS) for stereospecific ligand-macromolecule interaction, detection and screening / Jacek Slon-Usakiewicz and Peter Redden -- 15. GPC spin column HPLC-ESI-MS methods for screening drugs noncovalently bound to proteins / Marshall M. Siegel -- 16. A scintillation proximity assay for fatty acid amide hydrolase compatible with inhibitor screening / Yuren Wang and Philip Jones -- 17. A natural products approach to drug discovery : probing modes of action of antitumor agents by genome-scale cDNA library screening / Hendrik Luesch and Pedro Abreu -- 18. Ligand-macromolecule interactions in live cells by fluorescence correlation spectroscopy / Aladdin Pramanik
- Liposome technology. 3rd ed. v. 1-3, 2007, CRCnetBASEv. 2, 2007 CRCnetBASEv. 3, 2007 CRCnetBASEv. 1. Liposome preparation and related techniques -- v. 2. Entrapment of drugs and other materials into liposomes -- v. 3. Interactions of liposomes with the biological milieu.
- Lipospheres in drug targets and delivery 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Lippincott's Nursing drug guide. [12th ed.] 2012, Ovid
- Long acting injections and implants 2012, Springer
- Managing pharmacy practice 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Mass spectrometry in drug discovery 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Medicinal chemistry. 3rd ed. 2005, MyiLibrary
- Medicinal plants 2012, CRCnetBASE
- Merck index. 14th ed. 2006, CambridgeSoft
- Microbial contamination control in the pharmaceutical industry 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Microbiological contamination control in pharmaceutical clean rooms 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Microdialysis in drug development 2013, Springer
- Microencapsulation. 2nd ed. 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Modern pharmaceutics. 4th ed., rev. and expanded. 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Modified-release drug delivery technology 2003, CRCnetBASE
- "Preface Over the past few decades, molecular modeling (MM) has become an important tool in many academic institutions and industrial laboratories. While the role of MM in biological fields--especially in the design and development of novel drug molecules or formulations--is well established and acknowledged, its direct role in the design and development of performance chemicals and novel materials is still not well known. Questions such as, which new products have resulted from an MM-based approach? are still often asked. Although MM may be playing an important role in product development, quite often it becomes difficult to predict its direct impact because most of the time the problem being addressed involves a multidisciplinary approach. Further, the assumption that fundamental phenomena being modeled though MM will have a direct impact on the macroscopic and functional properties of a product make the situation more complicated. In most of the cases, MM actually works as an enabler toward novel product and material development (e.g., novel drug molecules in biological application) rather than directly coming up with new products and materials. This precisely is the reason that despite seeing value in MM tools, most engineers and practitioners are often focus on the question, how do I leverage these tools to design and develop novel materials or chemicals for the industry I am working with? Unfortunately, there is no simple answer to this question. Excellent books and very good research publications highlight the most intricate, fundamental, and theoretical details about MM techniques and tools"--Provided by publisher.
- Molecular pathomechanisms and new trends in drug research 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Monte Carlo simulation for the pharmaceutical industry 2011, CRCnetBASE"Preface Drug development, aiming at improving people's health, becomes more costly every year. The pharmaceutical industry must join its efforts with government and health professions to seek new, innovative, and cost- effective approaches in the development process. During this evolutionary process in the next decades, computer simulations will no doubt play a critical role. Computer simulation or Monte Carlo is the technique of simulating a dynamic system or process using a computer program. Computer simulations, as an efficient and effective research tool, have been used virtually in every concern of engineering, science, mathematics, etc. In this book, I am going to present the concept, theory, algorithm, and cases studies of Monte Carlo simulation in the pharmaceutical and health industries. The concepts refer not only to simulation in general, but also to various types of simulations in drug development. The theory will include virtual data sampling, game theory, deterministic and stochastic decision theories, adaptive design methods, Petrinet, genetic programming, resampling methods, and other strategies. These theories and methods either are necessary to carry out the simulations or make the simulations more efficient, even though there are many practical problems that can be simulated directly in ad hoc fashion without any theory of their efficiency or convergence considerations. The algorithms, which can be descriptive, computer pseudocode, or a combination of both, provide the basis for implementation of simulation methods. The case studies or applications are the simplified versions of the real world problems. These simplifications are necessary because a single case could otherwise occupy the whole book, preventing readers from exploring broad issues"--Provided by publisher.
- Multiple testing problems in pharmaceutical statistics 2010, CRCnetBASE1. Multiplicity problems in clinical trials : a regulatory perspective / Mohammad Huque and Joachim Rèohmel -- 2. Multiple testing methodology / Alex Dmitrienko ... [et al.] -- 3. Multiple testing in dose-response problems / Frank Bretz, Ajit C. Tamhane, and Josâe Pinheiro -- 4. Analysis of multiple endpoints in clinical trials / Ajit C. Tamhane and Alex Dmitrienko -- 5. Gatekeeping procedures in clinical trials / Alex Dmitrienko and Ajit C. Tamhane -- 6. Adaptive designs and confirmatory hypothesis testing / Willi Maurer, Michael Branson, and Martin Posch -- 7. Design and analysis of microarray experiments for pharmacogenomics / Jason C. Hsu ... [et al.].
- Nanoparticulate drug delivery systems 2007, CRCnetBASENanoparticulate drug-delivery systems: an overview / Deepak Thassu, Yashwant Pathak and Michel Deleers -- Nanosuspensions for parenteral delivery / Barrett E. Rabinow -- Nanoparticles prepared using natural and synthetic polymers / Sudhir S. Chakravarthi, Dennis H. Robinson and Sinjan De -- Nanofiber-based drug delivery / Matthew D. Burke and Dmitry Luzhansky -- Drug nanocrystals - the universal formulation approach for poorly soluble drugs / Jan Möschwitzer and Rainer H. Müller -- Lipid-based nanoparticulate drug delivery systems / Jun Wu, Xiaobin Zhao and Robert J. Lee -- Nanoengineering of drug delivery systems / Ashwath Jayagopal and V. Prasad Shastri -- Aerosol flow reactor method for the synthesis of multicomponent drug nano- and microparticles / Janne Raula ... [et al.] -- Supercooled smectic nanoparticles / Heike Bunjes and Judith Kuntsche -- Biological and engineering considerations for developing tumor-targeting metallic nanoparticle drug-delivery systems / Giulio F. Paciotti and Lawrence Tamarkin -- Biological requirements for nanotherapeutic applications / Joseph F. Chiang -- Role of nanobiotechnology in the development of nanomedicine / K.K. Jain -- Pharmaceutical applications of nanoparticulate drug-delivery systems / Yashwant Pathak, Deepak Thassu and Michel Deleers -- Lipid nanoparticles (solid lipid nanoparticles and nanostructured lipid carriers) for cosmetic, dermal, and transdermal applications / Eliana B. Souto and Rainer H. Müller -- Nano-carriers of drugs and genes for the treatment of restenosis / Einat Cohen-Sela ... [et al.] -- Ocular applications of nanoparticulate drug-delivery systems / Annick Ludwig -- Nanoparticulate systems for central nervous system drug delivery / Jean-Christophe Olivier and Manuela Pereira de Oliveira -- Nanoparticles for gene delivery: formulation characteristics / Jaspreet K. Vasir and Vinod Labhasetwar -- Gastrointestinal applications of nanoparticulate drug-delivery systems / Maria Rosa Gasco -- Nanoparticles as adjuvant-vectors for vaccination / Socorro Espuelas ... [et al.] -- Transdermal applications of nanoparticulates / Jongwon Shim.
- Natural products and cancer drug discovery 2013, SpringerPart 1.Natural Product Drugs and Cancer Therapeutics --The Impact of Natural Products Upon Cancer Chemotherapy /A. Ganesan --Identification and Development of Vascular Disrupting Agents: Natural Products That Interfere with Tumor Growth /Andrea T. Hooper, Frank Loganzo, Chad May and Hans-Peter Gerber --Discodermolide: Past, Present, and Future /Ross E. Longley --HDAC Inhibitors and Other Histone Modifying Natural Products as Emerging Anticancer Agents /Lilibeth A. Salvador and Hendrik Luesch --Natural Product Cytotoxins as Payloads for Antibody Drug Conjugates /Frank E. Koehn --Part 2.Advances in Natural Product Cancer Drug Discovery --Natural Product Scaffolds in Cancer Therapy /Christian P. Mang and Lars Ole Haustedt --The Role of Genetic Engineering in Natural Product-Based Anticancer Drug Discovery /Claudia Eva-Maria Unsin, Scott R. Rajski and Ben Shen --Accessing Anti-cancer Natural Products by Plant Cell Culture /Lisa M. Leone and Susan C. Roberts --Natural Products as Tools for Discovering New Cancer Targets /John A. Beutler.
- New drug development 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Novel antischizophrenia treatments 2012, SpringerThis volume tries to put current therapy - achievements, shortcomings, remaining medical needs - and emerging new targets into the context of increasing knowledge regarding the genetic and neurodevelopmental contributions to the pathophysiology of schizophrenia. Some of the chapters also deal with respective experimental and clinical methodology, biomarkers, and translational aspects of drug development. The volume concentrates on reviewing the ongoing research attempting to identify novel treatments for the cognitive deficits and negative symptoms of schizophrenia, which are not treated adequately by current antipsychotic medications.
- Ophthalmologic drug guide. 2nd ed. 2011, SpringerAntibacterial agents -- Antifungal agents -- Antiviral agents -- Anti-parasitic agents -- Anti-glaucoma agents -- Neuro-ophthalmology -- Anti-inflammatory agents -- Mydriatics, cycloplegics, and reversal agents -- Lubricants and viscoelastics -- Miscellaneous -- Anti-angiogenesis agents -- Contact lens solutions.
- Parallel imports of pharmaceuticals 2008, Springer
- "This book summarizes the state of the art in process analytical technologies applied to various aspects of biopharmaceutical process development and manufacturing. The text summarizes regulatory perspectives, FDA/EMEA guidelines, and new expectations. In addition, it explores new technology, especially in the area of real-time monitoring for end-point control as well as new sensor and analytical technologies. It details established and emerging measurement technologies, including future needs and challenges that require further research. The authors also present successful industrial-scale deployment case studies and strategies from the biopharmaceutical industry and discuss future trends"--Provided by publisher.
- Path from biomarker discovery to regulatory qualification 2013, ScienceDirectThe Path from Biomarker Discovery to Regulatory Qualification is a unique guide that focuses on biomarker qualification, its history and current regulatory settings in both the US and abroad. This multi-contributed book provides a detailed look at the next step to developing biomarkers for clinical use and covers overall concepts, challenges, strategies and solutions based on the experiences of regulatory authorities and scientists. Members of the regulatory, pharmaceutical and biomarker development communities will benefit the most from using this book-it is a complete and practical guide to biomarker qualification, providing valuable insight to an ever-evolving and important area of regulatory science. Contains a collection of experiences of different groups taking different types of biomarkers to different levels of qualification and provides insightful case studies of an important area of regulatory science Focuses on practical advice, concepts, strategies and overall outcomes to support those working toward biomarker qualification for clinical use Offers a valuable resource for members of the regulatory, pharmaceutical and biomarker development communities.
- Percutaneous absorption. 4th ed. 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Percutaneous penetration enhancers. 2nd ed. 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Pharmaceutical biotechnology. 2nd ed. 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Pharmaceutical chemical analysis 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Pharmaceutical dissolution testing 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Pharmaceutical engineering change control. 2nd ed. 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Pharmaceutical experimental design and interpretation. 2nd ed. 2006, CRCnetBASEIntroduction to experimental design -- Comparison of mean values -- Nonparametric methods -- Regression and correlation -- Multivariate methods -- Factorial design of experiments -- Response-surface methodology -- Model-dependent optimization -- Sequential methods and model-independent optimization -- Experimental designs for mixtures -- Artificial neural networks and experimental design.
- Pharmaceutical isothermal calorimetry 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Pharmaceutical photostability and stabilization technology 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Pharmaceutical process scale-up. 2nd ed. 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Pharmaceutical product strategy 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Pharmaceutical regulatory process 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Pharmaceutical stability testing to support global markets 2010, SpringerContains proceedings of the AAPS Stability Workshop.
- Pharmaceutical statistics using SAS-- a practical guide books24x7, SUNet ID login required.Fulltext ProQuest SafariStatistics in drug development by Christy Chuang-Stein and Ralph D'Agostino -- Modern classification methods for drug discovery by Kjell Johnson and William Rayens -- Model building techniques in drug discovery by Kimberly Crimin and Thomas Vidmar -- Statistical considerations in analytical method validation by Bruno Boulanger, Viswanath Devanaryan, Walthère Dewé, and Wendell Smith -- Some statistical considerations in nonclinical safety assessment by Wherly Hoffman, Cindy Lee, Alan Chiang, Kevin Guo, and Daniel Ness -- Nonparametric methods in pharmaceutical statistics by Paul Juneau -- Optimal design of experiments in pharmaceutical applications by Valerii Fedorov, Robert Gagnon, Sergei Leonov, and Yuehui Wu -- Analysis of human pharmacokinetic data by Scott Patterson and Brian Smith -- Allocation in randomized clinical trials by Olga Kuznetsova and Anastasia Ivanova -- Sample-size analysis for traditional hypothesis testing: concepts and issues by Ralph G. O'Brien and John Castelloe -- Design and analysis of dose-ranging clinical studies by Alex Dmitrienko, Kathleen Fritsch, Janson Hsu, and Stephen Ruberg -- Analysis of incomplete data by Geert Molenberghs, Caroline Beunckens, Herbert Thijs, Ivy Jansen, Geert Verbeke, Michael Kenward, and Kristen Van Steen -- Reliability and validity: Assessing the psychometric properties of rating scales by Douglas Faries and Ilker Yalcin -- Decision analysis in drug development by Carl-Fredrik Burman, Andy Grieve, and Stephen Senn.
- Pharmaceutical statistics. 4th ed. 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Pharmaceutical stress testing 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Pharmaco-complexity 2011, Springer
- Pharmacogenomic testing in current clinical practice 2011, Springer
- Pharmacogenomics. 2nd ed. 2005, CRCnetBASEHistorical aspects of pharmacogenetics / Werner Kalow -- Pharmacogenomics and the promise of personalized medicine / Vural Ozdemir and Bernard Lerer -- Pharmacogenetics of drug metabolism: two clinically important polymorphic enzymes, CYP2D6 and TPMT / Georgios Panagiotidis and Leif Bertilsson -- Receptors / Wendell W. Weber -- Pharmacogenetics of drug transporters / Catia Marzolini, Rommel G. Tirona, and Richard B. Kim -- Variability in induction of human drug metabolizing enzymes / Allan B. Okey -- Pharmacogenetics and cardiac ion channels / Dan M. Roden -- Interethnic differences in drug response / Werner Kalow -- Clinical perspectives / Urs A. Meyer and David A. Flockhart -- Regulatory perspectives on pharmacogenomics / Lawrence J. Lesko and Janet Woodcock -- Tools of the trade: the technologies and challenges of pharmacogenetics / Glenn A. Miller -- Technologies for the analysis of single nucleotide polymorphisms - an overview / Denis M. Grant -- Molecular diagnostics / Tracy L. Stockley and Peter N. Ray --
- Pharmacy law and practice. 4th ed. 2006, ScienceDirect
- Photostability of drugs and drug formulations. 2nd ed. 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Polymers in drug delivery 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Preclinical drug development 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Principles of electronic prescribing. 2nd ed. 2012, SpringerPhilosophical and Social Framework of Electronic Medicines Management --History and Context of Electronic Prescribing in the US and UK --Organization Benefits of Electronic Prescribing --EP Systems as a Risk Management Tool --Data Support for Electronic Medicines Management --Electronic Medicines Management: Support for Professional Practice --Electronic Medicines Management and Non-medical Prescribing --Electronic Prescribing and Future Priorities.
- Process of new drug discovery and development. 2nd ed. 2006, CRCnetBASEOverview of the current process of new drug discovery and development / Charles G. Smith and James T. O'Donnell -- Integrated drug product development: from lead candidate selection to life-cycle management / Madhu Pudipeddi, Abu T.M. Serajuddin, and Daniel Mufson -- The impact of combinatorial chemistry on drug discovery / Michael H. Rabinowitz and Nigel Shankley -- High-throughput screening: enabling and influencing the process of drug discovery / Carol Ann Homon and Richard M. Nelson -- Pharmacological and pharmaceutical profiling: new trends / Joanne Bowes ... [et al.] -- Cell-based analysis of drug response using moving optical gradient fields / Jeff M. Hall ... [et al.]. -- Patient-derived primary cells in high-throughput differential antitumor screens: let the patients be the guide / Irwin A. Braude -- The evolving role of the caco-2 cell model to estimate intestinal absorption potential and elucidate transport mechanisms / Jibin Li and Ismael J. Hidalgo -- The promise of metabonomics in drug discovery / Harold J. Kwalwasser and Pauline Gee -- Pharmacogenetics and pharmacogenomics in drug development and regulatory decision-making: report of the first FDA-PWG-PhRMA-druSafe workshop / Lawrence J. Lesko ... [et al.] -- Drugs from molecular targets for CNS and neurodegenerative diseases / William T. Comer and Gönül Veliçelebi -- Safety pharmacology / Jean-Pierre Valentin and Tim G. Hammond -- Nonclinical drug safety assessment / Frederick E. Reno -- Preclinical genotoxicity testing: past, present and future / Richard H.C. San -- The need for animals in biomedical research / Charles G. Smith -- Defining the actual research approach to the new drug substance / Charles G. Smith -- Pharmacokinetics: pharmacodynamics in new drug development / Sarfaraz K. Niazi -- Pharmaceutics and compounding issues in new drug development and marketing / Loyd V. Allen -- Late stage and process development activities / Charles G. Smith -- Contract research organizations: role and function in new drug development / F. Richard Nichol -- The front lines of clinical research: the industry / Lori Nesbitt -- Horizons for cancer chemotherapy (and nonchemotherapy) / Daniel D. Von Hoff -- Human immunodeficiency virus/acquired immune deficiency syndrome: clinical testing challenges / Vincent Idemyor -- Common technical document: the changing face of the new drug application / Justina A. Molzon -- Electronic publishing / Heather L. Wallace -- The important role of pharmacists in a complex risk-management system: managing the risks from medical product use by focusing on patient education, monitoring, and adverse event reporting / Justina A. Molzon -- Liability, litigation, and lessons in new drug development / James T. O'Donnell -- Problems in the nondrug marketplace / Stephen Barrett -- Patents and new product development in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries / Henry Grabowski -- The pharmaceutical revolution: drug discovery and development / John C. Somberg -- The discovery of Rituxan / Mitchell E. Reff -- Funding the birth of a drug: lessons from the sell side / Howard E. Greene -- Innovations for the drug development pathway: what is needed now / Janet Woodcock -- Managing R & D uncertainty and maximizing the commercial potential of pharmaceutical compounds using the dynamic modeling framework / Mark Paich ... [et al.].
- Process scale bioseparations for the biopharmaceutical industry 2007, CRCnetBASEHarvest of a therapeutic protein product from high cell density fermentation broths : principles and case study / Elisabeth Russell, Alice Wang, and Anurag S. Rathore -- Expanded bed adsorption for capture from crude solution / Alan Sonnenfeld and Jorg Thommes -- Product recovery by high-gradient magnetic fishing / Matthias Franzreb ... [et al.] -- Protein refolding and scale up / Cynthia Cowgill, Asuman G. Ozturk, and Richard St. John -- Bulk protein crystallization, principles and methods / Mark R. Etzel -- Modes of preparative chromatography / Abhinav A. Shukla and Yinges Yigzaw -- Screening of chromatographic stationary phases / Abhinav A. Shukla and Xuejun Sean Han -- A priori prediction of chromatographic separations from protein structure data / Asif Ladiwala, Curt M. Breneman, and Steven M. Cramer -- Membrane chromatography : analysis of breakthrough curves and viral clearance / Mark R. Etzel and William T. Riordan -- Ultrafiltration process design and implementation / Herb Lutz and Bala Raghunath --Virus filtration process design and implementation / Michael W. Phillips ... [et al.] -- Product recovery from transgenic sources / Chenming (Mike) Zhang and Kevin E. Van Cott -- Analytical strategy for biopharmaceutical development / Drew N. Kelner and Mahesh K. Bhalgat -- Evaluation of viral clearance in purification processes / Amitava Kundu and Karl Reindel -- Advances in viral clearance / Kurt Brorson -- Protein A affinity chromatography for capture and purification of monoclonal antibodies and Fc-fusion proteins: practical considerations for process development / Sanchayita Ghose, Thomas McNerney, and Brian Hubbard -- Polishing methods for monoclonal IgG purification / Pete Gagnon -- Making changes to a biopharmaceutical manufacturing process during development and commercial manufacturing : the REMICADE story / Peter W. Wojciechowski ... [et al.] -- Linear scale-up of ultrafiltration of high viscosity process streams / Christopher Daniels ... [et al.] -- A membrane chromatography application : a rapid, high capacity gene therapy vector purification tool / Ajay R. Lajmi, Robert Kutner, and Jakob Reiser.
- Process validation in manufacturing of biopharmaceuticals 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Radiotracers in drug development 2006, CRCnetBASERadiotracers and drug registration -- Radioactivity and radiotracers -- The study of drug metabolism using radiotracers -- DNA binding, isotope dilution and other uses of radiotracers -- Quantitative whole-body autoradiography (QWBA) -- Scintillation counting -- Statistics in liquid scintillation counting -- Instrumentation for detection of radioactivity -- Sample preparation for liquid scintillation counting -- Biomedical accelerator mass spectrometry -- Positron emission tomography -- Gamma scintigraphy and SPECT.
- Real world drug discovery. 1st ed. 2008, ScienceDirectThe drug discovery business to date -- The drug discovery business to come -- Industrial considerations -- how things get done : the project team -- Project considerations -- Hit generation -- Turning hits into drugs -- Initial properties -- ADME and PK properties -- Toxicity related properties -- A career in drug discovery research.
- Renal pharmacotherapy 2013, SpringerAs the population of patients with acute or chronic kidney disease grows, healthcare professionals need a resource that optimizes drug effectiveness while minimizing potential toxicity. Renal Pharmacotherapy is a comprehensive listing of dosage recommendations for patients with compromised renal function. This up-to-date and evidence-based reference closes several identified knowledge gaps concerning medications eliminated by the kidneys. Conveniently listed alphabetically by generic drug name, each drug has its own face page featuring typical dosing ranges, alternative dosing adjustments by strata of renal function, specific dosing for dialysis and other dosing schemes.This work will satisfy the dosing information needs of busy physicians involved in pharmacotherapy for patients with kidney disease, as well as pharmacists, nurses and students.
- Science and business of drug discovery 2011, SpringerIntroduction -- pt. I. Background to drug discovery and development -- pt. II. The drug development pipeline: discovery to testing in humans -- pt. III. The drug development pipeline: clinical trials to marketing authorization -- pt. IV. The global pharmaceuticals business -- pt. V. Professional interactions with drug discovery industry.
- Signposts to chiral drugs 2011, Springer
- Six sigma in the pharmaceutical industry 2007, CRCnetBASEThe enormous initial mistake -- The origins of six sigma -- Evolution -- Revolution -- Paradox -- Action and reaction -- Close enough or on target? -- Make more-- faster! -- Case studies -- The camera always lies -- Keeping it simple -- Why use control charts? -- Average and range control charts -- Origins and theory -- Charts for individuals -- Practical considerations -- Improving laboratories -- Beyond compliance.
- Smith and Williams' Introduction to the principles of drug design and action. 4th ed. 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Spectroscopy of pharmaceutical solids 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Statistical design and analysis of stability studies 2007, CRCnetBASEIntroduction -- Accelerated testing -- Expiration dating period -- Stability designs -- Stability analysis with fixed batches -- Stability analysis with random batches -- Stability analysis with a mixed effects model -- Stability analysis with discrete responses -- Stability analysis with multiple components -- Stability analysis with frozen drug products -- Stability testing for dissolution -- Current issues and recent development.
- Supercritical fluid technology for drug product development 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Synthesis of essential drugs 2006, ScienceDirect
- Systems biology in biotech & pharma 2012, Springer
- Systems biology in cancer research and drug discovery 2012, Springer
- Testing computer systems for FDA/MHRA compliance 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Theory and practice of contemporary pharmaceutics 2005, CRCnetBASEMethods of data representation, interpretation, and analysis / Craig K. Svensson and Tapash K. Ghosh -- Thermodynamics and states of matter / Adam M. Persky, Laszlo Prokai, and Jeffrey A. Hughes -- Solubility / Jeffrey A. Hughes .. [et al.] -- Physiochemical factors affecting biological activity / Hemant Alur ... [et al.] -- Micromeritics and rheology / Sunil S. Jambhekar -- Principles and applications of surface phenomena / Laszlo Prokai ... [et al.] -- Theory and applications of diffusion and dissolution / Xiaoling Li and Bhaskara Jasti -- Chemical kinetics and stability / Tapash K. Ghosh -- Drug and dosage form development: regulatory perspectives / Edward Dennis Bashaw -- Oral conventional solid dosage forms: powders and granules, tablets, lozenges, and capsules / Melgardt M. de Villiers -- Oral controlled release solid dosage forms / Emmanuel O. Akala -- Oral liquid dosage forms: solutions, elixirs, syrups, suspensions, and emulsions / William M. Kolling and Tapash K. Ghosh -- Parenteral routes of delivery / Yon Rojanasakul and Carl J. Malanga -- Transdermal and topical drug delivery systems / Bhaskara R. Jasti, William Abraham, and Tapash K. Ghosh -- Rectal and vaginal routes of drug delivery / Nikhil R. Shitut .. [et al.] -- Ocular, nasal, pulmonary, and otic routes of drug delivery / Harisha Atluri ... [et al.] -- Delivery of peptide and protein drugs / Emily Ha ... [et al.].
- Theory of drug development 2014, CRCnetBASE
- Therapeutic drug monitoring 2012, ScienceDirectTherapeutic Drug Monitoring: Newer Drugs and Biomarkers features timely topics such as the monitoring of classical and newer drugs, pharmacogenomics and the application of biomarkers in therapeutic drug monitoring. This reference also discusses the limitations of current commercially available immunoassays for therapeutic monitoring. It presentsssnew and sophisticated techniques used for proper determination of blood levels and the clinical utility of therapeutic drug monitoring of contemporary drugs. Written by leading international experts and geared toward clinical pathol.
- Toxicologic pathology 2013, CRCnetBASEOverview of drug development / James A. Popp and Jeffery A. Engelhardt -- Nonclinical safety evaluation of drugs / Thomas M. Monticello and Jeanine L. Bussiere -- Toxicokinetics and drug metabolism : relating toxicity to compound exposure and disposition / David D. Christ -- Introduction to toxicologic pathology / Judit E. Markovits ... [et al.] -- Routine and special techniques in toxicologic pathology / Daniel J. Patrick, Peter C. Mann -- Principles of clinical pathology / Robert L. Hall -- Toxicogenomics in toxicologic pathology / Mark J. Hoenerhoff and David E. Malarkey -- Spontaneous lesions in control animals used in toxicity studies / Robert C. Johnson, Robert H. Spaet, Daniel L. Potenta -- Gastrointestinal tract / Judit E. Markovits -- Liver, gall bladder, and exocrine pancreas / Russell C. Cattley, James A. Popp, Steven L. Vonderfecht -- Respiratory system / David J. Lewis and Tom P. McKevitt -- Urinary system / Kendall S. Frazier and John Curtis Seely -- Hematopoietic system / Kristin Henson, Glenn Elliott, Gregory S. Travlos -- The lymphoid system / Patrick J. Haley -- Bone, muscle, and tooth / John L. Vahle ... [et al.] -- The cardiovascular system / Calvert Louden, David Brott -- Endocrine glands / Sundeep Chandra, Mark Hoenerhoff, Richard Peterson -- Reproductive system and mammary gland / Justin D. Vidal ... [et al.] -- Skin / Zbigniew Wojcinski ... [et al.] -- Nervous system / Mark T. Butt, Robert Sills, Alys Bradley -- Special senses : eye and ear / James A. Render, Kenneth A. Schafer, Richard A. Altschuler.
- Understanding drug release and absorption mechanisms 2007, CRCnetBASEMathematical modeling -- Gastrointestinal tract and skin -- Rheology -- Mass transport -- Drug dissolution and partitioning -- Dissolution of crystallites: size effectson on the solubility -- Drug release from matrix systems -- Drug release from microemulsions -- Drug permeation through membranes.
- Using the pharmaceutical literature 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Validating pharmaceutical systems 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Virtual screening in drug discovery 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Write it down. 2nd ed. 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases