Books by Subject
101 to 173 of 173 titles
View by page
- 2015 Intravenous medications a handbook for nurses and health professionals. 31st ed. — Merck index an encyclopedia of chemicals, drugs, and biologicals. 14th ed. (100)
- Meyler's Side effects of endocrine and metabolic drugs — Write it down guidance for preparing effective and compliant documentation. 2nd ed. (73)
- Meyler's Side effects of endocrine and metabolic drugs 2009, ClinicalKeyCorticosteroids and related drugs -- Prostaglandins -- Sex hormones and related drugs -- Iodine and drugs that affect thyroid function -- Insulins and other hypoglycemic drugs -- Other hormones and related drugs -- Lipid-regulating drugs -- Endocrine and metabolic adverse effects of non-hormonal and non-metabolic drugs.
- Meyler's side effects of analgesics and anti-inflammatory drugs 2010, ClinicalKeyElsevier now offers a series of derivative works based on the acclaimed Meyler's Side Effect of Drugs, 15th Edition. These individual volumes are grouped by specialty to benefit the practicing biomedical researcher and/or clinician. Opioids and analgesics are members of a diverse group of drugs used to relieve pain. They are frequently used in combination with prescription and nonprescription pain relievers, and misuse is prevalent. Pain medicine specialists and most physicians or surgeons will find this volume useful in prescribing the appropriate drugs for pain therapy and for preventing mi.
- Meyler's Side effects of antimicrobial drugs 2010, ClinicalKeyAntibacerial Drugs -- Antiviral Drugs, Including Immunoglobulins and Interferons -- Antifungal Drugs -- Antiprotozoal and Antihelminthic Drugs -- Vaccines -- Disinfectants and Antiseptics.
- Meyler's Side effects of cardiovascular drugs 2009, ClinicalKeyElsevier now offers a series of derivative works based on the acclaimed Meylers Side Effect of Drugs, 15th Edition. These individual volumes are grouped by specialty to benefit the practicing physician or health care clinician. Each year, heart disease kills more people than cancer. Patients are treated by a variety of specialists and primary care practitioners, depending on the organ system involved. This volume enables practitioners to assess the adverse effects of the complete range of drugs used in cardiovascular medicine, including antihypertensive drugs, and drugs used in the treatment.
- Meyler's Side effects of drugs used in cancer and immunology 2010, ClinicalKeyDrugs Used in Cancer Chemotherpy -- Corticosteroids and Prostaglandins -- Cytokines and Cytokine Modulators Interferons -- Monoclonal Antibodies -- Immune Modulators.
- Meyler's Side effects of psychiatric drugs 2009, ClinicalKeyAntidepressants -- Neuroleptic Drugs -- Hypnosedatives -- Drugs of Abuse -- Drugs use in Alzheimer's Disease -- Psychological and Psychiatric Adverse Effects of Non-Psychoactive Drugs.
- Microdialysis in drug development 2013, SpringerIn vivo target site concentrations are probably the most important determinant of drug effects. Traditionally, linking drug concentrations to drug effects has been accomplished by modelling blood-derived data, mostly because a direct quantification of tissue concentrations has been beyond technical reach. Today, a direct measurement of target site concentrations is possible by employing microdialysis or complementary approaches such as imaging technologies. Microdialysis, initially conceived in the 1970s, has become a standard tool in drug development. This comprehensive overview of current microdialysis technology covers general and disease-specific aspects of microdialysis by international experts in the field. It provides useful information for colleagues in academia and industry who are interested PK-PD aspects of drug development.
- Microencapsulation methods and industrial applications. 2nd ed. 2006, CRCnetBASE
- MicroRNAs as tools in biopharmaceutical production 2012, Springer"MicroRNAs are small, non-coding RNA molecules that interact with target mRNAs to modulate their translation. They are now recognized as widespread and critical regulators of gene expression in the cell. This book is aimed at both industry- and academic-based researchers in the Biopharmaceutical production space who wish to learn more about these fascinating molecules..."--Page  of cover.
- Microspheres and microcapsules in biotechnology design, preparation, and applications 2013, CRCnetBASE1. Microspheres for enzyme immobilization / Fei Gao, Yuxia Wang, and Guanghui Ma -- 2. Microspheres for cell culture / Weiqing Zhou, Guanghui Ma, and Zhiguo Su -- 3. Microcapsules for cell transplantation : design, preparation, and application / Guojun Lv, Ying Zhang, Mingqian Tan, Hongguo Xie, and Xiaojun Ma -- 4. Microspheres for the separation and refolding of proteins with an emphasis on particles made of agarose / Jan-Christer Janson -- 5. Microspheres for separation of bioactive small molecules / Fangling Gong, Guifeng Zhang, and Zhiguo Su -- 6. Microspheres for separation of PEG-modified biomolecules / Yongdong Huang, Yanqin Zhai, and Zhiguo Su -- 7. Microspheres for solid-phase organic synthesis / Jing Zhang and Zhiguo Su -- 8. Microspheres for solid-phase modification of proteins / Tao Hu and Zhiguo Su -- 9. Microspheres and microcapsules for protein drug delivery / Lianyan Wang, Tingyuan Yang, and Guanghui Ma -- 10. Micro/nanospheres for gene drug delivery / Jie Wu and Guanghui Ma -- 11. Microspheres for targeting delivery of anticancer drugs / Wei Wei, Zhanguo Yue, Hua Yue, and Guanghui Ma -- 12. Microspheres for targeting delivery to brain / Chen Jiang, Xinguo Jiang, Yang Liu, Kun Shao, and Rongqin Huang -- 13. Nano/microspheres in bioimaging and medical diagnosis / Xiaohui Li and Chunying Chen -- 14. Affinity nanoparticles for detection / Haruma Kawaguchi and Hiroshi Handa.
- Modern pharmaceutics. 4th ed., rev. and expanded. 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Modified-release drug delivery technology 2003, CRCnetBASE
- "Preface Over the past few decades, molecular modeling (MM) has become an important tool in many academic institutions and industrial laboratories. While the role of MM in biological fields--especially in the design and development of novel drug molecules or formulations--is well established and acknowledged, its direct role in the design and development of performance chemicals and novel materials is still not well known. Questions such as, which new products have resulted from an MM-based approach? are still often asked. Although MM may be playing an important role in product development, quite often it becomes difficult to predict its direct impact because most of the time the problem being addressed involves a multidisciplinary approach. Further, the assumption that fundamental phenomena being modeled though MM will have a direct impact on the macroscopic and functional properties of a product make the situation more complicated. In most of the cases, MM actually works as an enabler toward novel product and material development (e.g., novel drug molecules in biological application) rather than directly coming up with new products and materials. This precisely is the reason that despite seeing value in MM tools, most engineers and practitioners are often focus on the question, how do I leverage these tools to design and develop novel materials or chemicals for the industry I am working with? Unfortunately, there is no simple answer to this question. Excellent books and very good research publications highlight the most intricate, fundamental, and theoretical details about MM techniques and tools"--Provided by publisher.
- Molecular pathomechanisms and new trends in drug research 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Monte Carlo simulation for the pharmaceutical industry concepts, algorithms, and case studies 2011, CRCnetBASE"Preface Drug development, aiming at improving people's health, becomes more costly every year. The pharmaceutical industry must join its efforts with government and health professions to seek new, innovative, and cost- effective approaches in the development process. During this evolutionary process in the next decades, computer simulations will no doubt play a critical role. Computer simulation or Monte Carlo is the technique of simulating a dynamic system or process using a computer program. Computer simulations, as an efficient and effective research tool, have been used virtually in every concern of engineering, science, mathematics, etc. In this book, I am going to present the concept, theory, algorithm, and cases studies of Monte Carlo simulation in the pharmaceutical and health industries. The concepts refer not only to simulation in general, but also to various types of simulations in drug development. The theory will include virtual data sampling, game theory, deterministic and stochastic decision theories, adaptive design methods, Petrinet, genetic programming, resampling methods, and other strategies. These theories and methods either are necessary to carry out the simulations or make the simulations more efficient, even though there are many practical problems that can be simulated directly in ad hoc fashion without any theory of their efficiency or convergence considerations. The algorithms, which can be descriptive, computer pseudocode, or a combination of both, provide the basis for implementation of simulation methods. The case studies or applications are the simplified versions of the real world problems. These simplifications are necessary because a single case could otherwise occupy the whole book, preventing readers from exploring broad issues"--Provided by publisher.
- Mosby's Dental drug reference. 11th edition. 2014, ClinicalKeyIdeal for chairside use by the entire dental team, Mosby's Dental Drug Reference, 11th Edition, provides the current, concise, dental-specific drug information you need at the point of care. More than 850 drug monographs make it easy to find indications and dosages, contraindications, interactions, side effects, serious reactions, and dental considerations. A companion website adds regular drug updates, a full-color pill atlas, printable patient education handouts, reference tables, and more. More than 850 drug monographs offer the vital dental-specific drug information you need.Drug information with relevant patient and family education guidelines in each monograph emphasize oral health, prevention, and treatment from the dental hygiene perspective.Durable and pocket sized, a succinct and organized format makes this guide ideal for chairside use. Bulleted lists provide quick and easy access to general and specific dental-related information in each monograph. .Primers on therapeutic management of common diseases and on medically compromised patients offer key foundational information relevant to the treatment of all patients.New monographs, FDA updates, a color pill atlas, images of common pathologic conditions, patient education handouts, quick-reference guides, and more are available online to help keep this guide compact and user-friendly.
- Multiple testing problems in pharmaceutical statistics 2010, CRCnetBASE1. Multiplicity problems in clinical trials : a regulatory perspective / Mohammad Huque and Joachim Rèohmel -- 2. Multiple testing methodology / Alex Dmitrienko ... [et al.] -- 3. Multiple testing in dose-response problems / Frank Bretz, Ajit C. Tamhane, and Josâe Pinheiro -- 4. Analysis of multiple endpoints in clinical trials / Ajit C. Tamhane and Alex Dmitrienko -- 5. Gatekeeping procedures in clinical trials / Alex Dmitrienko and Ajit C. Tamhane -- 6. Adaptive designs and confirmatory hypothesis testing / Willi Maurer, Michael Branson, and Martin Posch -- 7. Design and analysis of microarray experiments for pharmacogenomics / Jason C. Hsu ... [et al.].
- Nanoparticulate drug delivery systems 2007, CRCnetBASENanoparticulate drug-delivery systems: an overview / Deepak Thassu, Yashwant Pathak and Michel Deleers -- Nanosuspensions for parenteral delivery / Barrett E. Rabinow -- Nanoparticles prepared using natural and synthetic polymers / Sudhir S. Chakravarthi, Dennis H. Robinson and Sinjan De -- Nanofiber-based drug delivery / Matthew D. Burke and Dmitry Luzhansky -- Drug nanocrystals - the universal formulation approach for poorly soluble drugs / Jan Möschwitzer and Rainer H. Müller -- Lipid-based nanoparticulate drug delivery systems / Jun Wu, Xiaobin Zhao and Robert J. Lee -- Nanoengineering of drug delivery systems / Ashwath Jayagopal and V. Prasad Shastri -- Aerosol flow reactor method for the synthesis of multicomponent drug nano- and microparticles / Janne Raula ... [et al.] -- Supercooled smectic nanoparticles / Heike Bunjes and Judith Kuntsche -- Biological and engineering considerations for developing tumor-targeting metallic nanoparticle drug-delivery systems / Giulio F. Paciotti and Lawrence Tamarkin -- Biological requirements for nanotherapeutic applications / Joseph F. Chiang -- Role of nanobiotechnology in the development of nanomedicine / K.K. Jain -- Pharmaceutical applications of nanoparticulate drug-delivery systems / Yashwant Pathak, Deepak Thassu and Michel Deleers -- Lipid nanoparticles (solid lipid nanoparticles and nanostructured lipid carriers) for cosmetic, dermal, and transdermal applications / Eliana B. Souto and Rainer H. Müller -- Nano-carriers of drugs and genes for the treatment of restenosis / Einat Cohen-Sela ... [et al.] -- Ocular applications of nanoparticulate drug-delivery systems / Annick Ludwig -- Nanoparticulate systems for central nervous system drug delivery / Jean-Christophe Olivier and Manuela Pereira de Oliveira -- Nanoparticles for gene delivery: formulation characteristics / Jaspreet K. Vasir and Vinod Labhasetwar -- Gastrointestinal applications of nanoparticulate drug-delivery systems / Maria Rosa Gasco -- Nanoparticles as adjuvant-vectors for vaccination / Socorro Espuelas ... [et al.] -- Transdermal applications of nanoparticulates / Jongwon Shim.
- Novel antischizophrenia treatments 2012, SpringerThis volume tries to put current therapy - achievements, shortcomings, remaining medical needs - and emerging new targets into the context of increasing knowledge regarding the genetic and neurodevelopmental contributions to the pathophysiology of schizophrenia. Some of the chapters also deal with respective experimental and clinical methodology, biomarkers, and translational aspects of drug development. The volume concentrates on reviewing the ongoing research attempting to identify novel treatments for the cognitive deficits and negative symptoms of schizophrenia, which are not treated adequately by current antipsychotic medications.
- Ophthalmologic drug guide. 2nd ed. 2011, SpringerAntibacterial agents -- Antifungal agents -- Antiviral agents -- Anti-parasitic agents -- Anti-glaucoma agents -- Neuro-ophthalmology -- Anti-inflammatory agents -- Mydriatics, cycloplegics, and reversal agents -- Lubricants and viscoelastics -- Miscellaneous -- Anti-angiogenesis agents -- Contact lens solutions.
- Parallel imports of pharmaceuticals evidence from Scandinavia and policy proposals from SWitzerland 2008, Springer
- PAT applied in biopharmaceutical process development and manufacturing an enabling tool for quality-by-design 2012, CRCnetBASE"This book summarizes the state of the art in process analytical technologies applied to various aspects of biopharmaceutical process development and manufacturing. The text summarizes regulatory perspectives, FDA/EMEA guidelines, and new expectations. In addition, it explores new technology, especially in the area of real-time monitoring for end-point control as well as new sensor and analytical technologies. It details established and emerging measurement technologies, including future needs and challenges that require further research. The authors also present successful industrial-scale deployment case studies and strategies from the biopharmaceutical industry and discuss future trends"-- Provided by publisher.
- Path from biomarker discovery to regulatory qualification 2013, ScienceDirectThe Path from Biomarker Discovery to Regulatory Qualification is a unique guide that focuses on biomarker qualification, its history and current regulatory settings in both the US and abroad. This multi-contributed book provides a detailed look at the next step to developing biomarkers for clinical use and covers overall concepts, challenges, strategies and solutions based on the experiences of regulatory authorities and scientists. Members of the regulatory, pharmaceutical and biomarker development communities will benefit the most from using this book-it is a complete and practical guide to biomarker qualification, providing valuable insight to an ever-evolving and important area of regulatory science. Contains a collection of experiences of different groups taking different types of biomarkers to different levels of qualification and provides insightful case studies of an important area of regulatory science Focuses on practical advice, concepts, strategies and overall outcomes to support those working toward biomarker qualification for clinical use Offers a valuable resource for members of the regulatory, pharmaceutical and biomarker development communities.
- Percutaneous penetration enhancers. 2nd ed. 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Pharma's prescription how the right technology can save the pharmaceutical business 2014, ScienceDirectThe pharmaceutical industry needs a shot in the arm - and not a moment too soon. The executive suite is mired in a bygone era, a time when extensive, well-funded pharmaceutical R & D produced blockbuster drugs, kept everything in-house and reaped the financial rewards. But that way of working needs to change. Executives now need to know what the technologists in their companies are doing in order to survive the next decade. Written for those new to industry, as well as for experienced professionals or specialists looking to expand their knowledge, this book is a must-read for business executive.
- Pharmaceutical biotechnology. 2nd ed. 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Introduction to Competitive Intelligence -- Overall Perspective of Due Diligence Investigations and Processes -- The Regulatory Functional Review: Primary Roles -- The On-Site Due Diligence/Data Room Meeting and Interactions with Other Functional Area Experts -- Intellectual Property -- The Final Report -- Competitive Intelligence Summary.
- Pharmaceutical dissolution testing 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Pharmaceutical experimental design and interpretation. 2nd ed. 2006, CRCnetBASEIntroduction to experimental design -- Comparison of mean values -- Nonparametric methods -- Regression and correlation -- Multivariate methods -- Factorial design of experiments -- Response-surface methodology -- Model-dependent optimization -- Sequential methods and model-independent optimization -- Experimental designs for mixtures -- Artificial neural networks and experimental design.
- Pharmaceutical isothermal calorimetry 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Pharmaceutical photostability and stabilization technology 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Pharmaceutical process scale-up. 2nd ed. 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Pharmaceutical product strategy using dynamic modeling for effective brand planning 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Pharmaceutical regulatory process 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Pharmaceutical stability testing to support global markets 2010, SpringerContains proceedings of the AAPS Stability Workshop.
- Pharmaceutical statistics using SAS-- a practical guide books24x7, SUNet ID login required.Fulltext ProQuest SafariStatistics in drug development by Christy Chuang-Stein and Ralph D'Agostino -- Modern classification methods for drug discovery by Kjell Johnson and William Rayens -- Model building techniques in drug discovery by Kimberly Crimin and Thomas Vidmar -- Statistical considerations in analytical method validation by Bruno Boulanger, Viswanath Devanaryan, Walthère Dewé, and Wendell Smith -- Some statistical considerations in nonclinical safety assessment by Wherly Hoffman, Cindy Lee, Alan Chiang, Kevin Guo, and Daniel Ness -- Nonparametric methods in pharmaceutical statistics by Paul Juneau -- Optimal design of experiments in pharmaceutical applications by Valerii Fedorov, Robert Gagnon, Sergei Leonov, and Yuehui Wu -- Analysis of human pharmacokinetic data by Scott Patterson and Brian Smith -- Allocation in randomized clinical trials by Olga Kuznetsova and Anastasia Ivanova -- Sample-size analysis for traditional hypothesis testing: concepts and issues by Ralph G. O'Brien and John Castelloe -- Design and analysis of dose-ranging clinical studies by Alex Dmitrienko, Kathleen Fritsch, Janson Hsu, and Stephen Ruberg -- Analysis of incomplete data by Geert Molenberghs, Caroline Beunckens, Herbert Thijs, Ivy Jansen, Geert Verbeke, Michael Kenward, and Kristen Van Steen -- Reliability and validity: Assessing the psychometric properties of rating scales by Douglas Faries and Ilker Yalcin -- Decision analysis in drug development by Carl-Fredrik Burman, Andy Grieve, and Stephen Senn.
- Pharmaceutical stress testing predicting drug degradation 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Pharmacogenomic testing in current clinical practice implementation in the clinical laboratory 2011, Springer
- Pharmacogenomics. 2nd ed. 2005, CRCnetBASEHistorical aspects of pharmacogenetics / Werner Kalow -- Pharmacogenomics and the promise of personalized medicine / Vural Ozdemir and Bernard Lerer -- Pharmacogenetics of drug metabolism: two clinically important polymorphic enzymes, CYP2D6 and TPMT / Georgios Panagiotidis and Leif Bertilsson -- Receptors / Wendell W. Weber -- Pharmacogenetics of drug transporters / Catia Marzolini, Rommel G. Tirona, and Richard B. Kim -- Variability in induction of human drug metabolizing enzymes / Allan B. Okey -- Pharmacogenetics and cardiac ion channels / Dan M. Roden -- Interethnic differences in drug response / Werner Kalow -- Clinical perspectives / Urs A. Meyer and David A. Flockhart -- Regulatory perspectives on pharmacogenomics / Lawrence J. Lesko and Janet Woodcock -- Tools of the trade: the technologies and challenges of pharmacogenetics / Glenn A. Miller -- Technologies for the analysis of single nucleotide polymorphisms - an overview / Denis M. Grant -- Molecular diagnostics / Tracy L. Stockley and Peter N. Ray --
- Pharmacological treatment of acute coronary syndromes 2014, SpringerCardiovascular pharmacotherapy is a fast-moving and complex discipline within cardiology in general. New studies, trials and indications are appearing on a regular basis. This series, and this particular title within the series, is designed to establish the baseline level of knowledge that a cardiovascular professional needs to know on a day-to-day basis. The information within is designed to allow readers to learn quickly and with certainty the mode of action, the possible adverse effects, and the management of patients prescribed these drugs.
- Pharmacology. 4th ed. 2013, ClinicalKeyPharmacology, 4th Edition helps you master the "must-know" concepts in this subject and how they apply to everyday clinical problem solving and decision making. This concise yet comprehensive text clearly explains and illustrates challenging concepts and helps you retain the material - from course exams and the USMLE Step 1 right through to clinical practice. Quickly reference essential information thanks to abundant tables throughout, and drug classification boxes at the beginning of each chapter. See how pharmacology applies to practice with real-world case studies. Prepare for exams with self-assessment questions at the end of each chapter. Understand complex concepts visually with the aid of superb full-color illustrations. Access the complete contents online at www.studentconsult.com, along with an additional glossary, chapter-by-chapter summaries and case studies, a full list of featured drugs, 150 USMLE-style questions, animations, and more.
- Pharmacy law and practice. 4th ed. 2006, ScienceDirect
- Polymers in drug delivery 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Preclinical drug development 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Principles of electronic prescribing. 2nd ed. 2012, SpringerPhilosophical and Social Framework of Electronic Medicines Management --History and Context of Electronic Prescribing in the US and UK --Organization Benefits of Electronic Prescribing --EP Systems as a Risk Management Tool --Data Support for Electronic Medicines Management --Electronic Medicines Management: Support for Professional Practice --Electronic Medicines Management and Non-medical Prescribing --Electronic Prescribing and Future Priorities.
- Process of new drug discovery and development. 2nd ed. 2006, CRCnetBASEOverview of the current process of new drug discovery and development / Charles G. Smith and James T. O'Donnell -- Integrated drug product development: from lead candidate selection to life-cycle management / Madhu Pudipeddi, Abu T.M. Serajuddin, and Daniel Mufson -- The impact of combinatorial chemistry on drug discovery / Michael H. Rabinowitz and Nigel Shankley -- High-throughput screening: enabling and influencing the process of drug discovery / Carol Ann Homon and Richard M. Nelson -- Pharmacological and pharmaceutical profiling: new trends / Joanne Bowes ... [et al.] -- Cell-based analysis of drug response using moving optical gradient fields / Jeff M. Hall ... [et al.]. -- Patient-derived primary cells in high-throughput differential antitumor screens: let the patients be the guide / Irwin A. Braude -- The evolving role of the caco-2 cell model to estimate intestinal absorption potential and elucidate transport mechanisms / Jibin Li and Ismael J. Hidalgo -- The promise of metabonomics in drug discovery / Harold J. Kwalwasser and Pauline Gee -- Pharmacogenetics and pharmacogenomics in drug development and regulatory decision-making: report of the first FDA-PWG-PhRMA-druSafe workshop / Lawrence J. Lesko ... [et al.] -- Drugs from molecular targets for CNS and neurodegenerative diseases / William T. Comer and Gönül Veliçelebi -- Safety pharmacology / Jean-Pierre Valentin and Tim G. Hammond -- Nonclinical drug safety assessment / Frederick E. Reno -- Preclinical genotoxicity testing: past, present and future / Richard H.C. San -- The need for animals in biomedical research / Charles G. Smith -- Defining the actual research approach to the new drug substance / Charles G. Smith -- Pharmacokinetics: pharmacodynamics in new drug development / Sarfaraz K. Niazi -- Pharmaceutics and compounding issues in new drug development and marketing / Loyd V. Allen -- Late stage and process development activities / Charles G. Smith -- Contract research organizations: role and function in new drug development / F. Richard Nichol -- The front lines of clinical research: the industry / Lori Nesbitt -- Horizons for cancer chemotherapy (and nonchemotherapy) / Daniel D. Von Hoff -- Human immunodeficiency virus/acquired immune deficiency syndrome: clinical testing challenges / Vincent Idemyor -- Common technical document: the changing face of the new drug application / Justina A. Molzon -- Electronic publishing / Heather L. Wallace -- The important role of pharmacists in a complex risk-management system: managing the risks from medical product use by focusing on patient education, monitoring, and adverse event reporting / Justina A. Molzon -- Liability, litigation, and lessons in new drug development / James T. O'Donnell -- Problems in the nondrug marketplace / Stephen Barrett -- Patents and new product development in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries / Henry Grabowski -- The pharmaceutical revolution: drug discovery and development / John C. Somberg -- The discovery of Rituxan / Mitchell E. Reff -- Funding the birth of a drug: lessons from the sell side / Howard E. Greene -- Innovations for the drug development pathway: what is needed now / Janet Woodcock -- Managing R & D uncertainty and maximizing the commercial potential of pharmaceutical compounds using the dynamic modeling framework / Mark Paich ... [et al.].
- Process scale bioseparations for the biopharmaceutical industry 2007, CRCnetBASEHarvest of a therapeutic protein product from high cell density fermentation broths : principles and case study / Elisabeth Russell, Alice Wang, and Anurag S. Rathore -- Expanded bed adsorption for capture from crude solution / Alan Sonnenfeld and Jorg Thommes -- Product recovery by high-gradient magnetic fishing / Matthias Franzreb ... [et al.] -- Protein refolding and scale up / Cynthia Cowgill, Asuman G. Ozturk, and Richard St. John -- Bulk protein crystallization, principles and methods / Mark R. Etzel -- Modes of preparative chromatography / Abhinav A. Shukla and Yinges Yigzaw -- Screening of chromatographic stationary phases / Abhinav A. Shukla and Xuejun Sean Han -- A priori prediction of chromatographic separations from protein structure data / Asif Ladiwala, Curt M. Breneman, and Steven M. Cramer -- Membrane chromatography : analysis of breakthrough curves and viral clearance / Mark R. Etzel and William T. Riordan -- Ultrafiltration process design and implementation / Herb Lutz and Bala Raghunath --Virus filtration process design and implementation / Michael W. Phillips ... [et al.] -- Product recovery from transgenic sources / Chenming (Mike) Zhang and Kevin E. Van Cott -- Analytical strategy for biopharmaceutical development / Drew N. Kelner and Mahesh K. Bhalgat -- Evaluation of viral clearance in purification processes / Amitava Kundu and Karl Reindel -- Advances in viral clearance / Kurt Brorson -- Protein A affinity chromatography for capture and purification of monoclonal antibodies and Fc-fusion proteins: practical considerations for process development / Sanchayita Ghose, Thomas McNerney, and Brian Hubbard -- Polishing methods for monoclonal IgG purification / Pete Gagnon -- Making changes to a biopharmaceutical manufacturing process during development and commercial manufacturing : the REMICADE story / Peter W. Wojciechowski ... [et al.] -- Linear scale-up of ultrafiltration of high viscosity process streams / Christopher Daniels ... [et al.] -- A membrane chromatography application : a rapid, high capacity gene therapy vector purification tool / Ajay R. Lajmi, Robert Kutner, and Jakob Reiser.
- Process validation in manufacturing of biopharmaceuticals guidelines, current practices, and industrial case studies 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Radiotracers in drug development 2006, CRCnetBASERadiotracers and drug registration -- Radioactivity and radiotracers -- The study of drug metabolism using radiotracers -- DNA binding, isotope dilution and other uses of radiotracers -- Quantitative whole-body autoradiography (QWBA) -- Scintillation counting -- Statistics in liquid scintillation counting -- Instrumentation for detection of radioactivity -- Sample preparation for liquid scintillation counting -- Biomedical accelerator mass spectrometry -- Positron emission tomography -- Gamma scintigraphy and SPECT.
- Real world drug discovery a chemist's guide to biotech and pharmaceutical research. 1st ed. 2008, ScienceDirectThe drug discovery business to date -- The drug discovery business to come -- Industrial considerations -- how things get done : the project team -- Project considerations -- Hit generation -- Turning hits into drugs -- Initial properties -- ADME and PK properties -- Toxicity related properties -- A career in drug discovery research.
- As the population of patients with acute or chronic kidney disease grows, healthcare professionals need a resource that optimizes drug effectiveness while minimizing potential toxicity. Renal Pharmacotherapy is a comprehensive listing of dosage recommendations for patients with compromised renal function. This up-to-date and evidence-based reference closes several identified knowledge gaps concerning medications eliminated by the kidneys. Conveniently listed alphabetically by generic drug name, each drug has its own face page featuring typical dosing ranges, alternative dosing adjustments by strata of renal function, specific dosing for dialysis and other dosing schemes.This work will satisfy the dosing information needs of busy physicians involved in pharmacotherapy for patients with kidney disease, as well as pharmacists, nurses and students.
- Introduction -- pt. I. Background to drug discovery and development -- pt. II. The drug development pipeline: discovery to testing in humans -- pt. III. The drug development pipeline: clinical trials to marketing authorization -- pt. IV. The global pharmaceuticals business -- pt. V. Professional interactions with drug discovery industry.
- Signposts to chiral drugs organic synthesis in action 2011, Springer
- Six sigma in the pharmaceutical industry understanding, reducing, and controlling variation in pharmaceuticals and biologics 2007, CRCnetBASEThe enormous initial mistake -- The origins of six sigma -- Evolution -- Revolution -- Paradox -- Action and reaction -- Close enough or on target? -- Make more-- faster! -- Case studies -- The camera always lies -- Keeping it simple -- Why use control charts? -- Average and range control charts -- Origins and theory -- Charts for individuals -- Practical considerations -- Improving laboratories -- Beyond compliance.
- Smith and Williams' Introduction to the principles of drug design and action. 4th ed. 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Spectroscopy of pharmaceutical solids 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Statistical design and analysis of stability studies 2007, CRCnetBASEIntroduction -- Accelerated testing -- Expiration dating period -- Stability designs -- Stability analysis with fixed batches -- Stability analysis with random batches -- Stability analysis with a mixed effects model -- Stability analysis with discrete responses -- Stability analysis with multiple components -- Stability analysis with frozen drug products -- Stability testing for dissolution -- Current issues and recent development.
- Synthesis of essential drugs 2006, ScienceDirect
- Systems biology in cancer research and drug discovery 2012, SpringerPart I. Systems biology in cancer -- Part II. Systems approaches to understand cancer progression -- Part III. Systems and network biology in decoding miRNA complexity -- Part IV. Network modeling in cancer drug discovery and clinical trials.
- Theory and practice of contemporary pharmaceutics 2005, CRCnetBASEMethods of data representation, interpretation, and analysis / Craig K. Svensson and Tapash K. Ghosh -- Thermodynamics and states of matter / Adam M. Persky, Laszlo Prokai, and Jeffrey A. Hughes -- Solubility / Jeffrey A. Hughes .. [et al.] -- Physiochemical factors affecting biological activity / Hemant Alur ... [et al.] -- Micromeritics and rheology / Sunil S. Jambhekar -- Principles and applications of surface phenomena / Laszlo Prokai ... [et al.] -- Theory and applications of diffusion and dissolution / Xiaoling Li and Bhaskara Jasti -- Chemical kinetics and stability / Tapash K. Ghosh -- Drug and dosage form development: regulatory perspectives / Edward Dennis Bashaw -- Oral conventional solid dosage forms: powders and granules, tablets, lozenges, and capsules / Melgardt M. de Villiers -- Oral controlled release solid dosage forms / Emmanuel O. Akala -- Oral liquid dosage forms: solutions, elixirs, syrups, suspensions, and emulsions / William M. Kolling and Tapash K. Ghosh -- Parenteral routes of delivery / Yon Rojanasakul and Carl J. Malanga -- Transdermal and topical drug delivery systems / Bhaskara R. Jasti, William Abraham, and Tapash K. Ghosh -- Rectal and vaginal routes of drug delivery / Nikhil R. Shitut .. [et al.] -- Ocular, nasal, pulmonary, and otic routes of drug delivery / Harisha Atluri ... [et al.] -- Delivery of peptide and protein drugs / Emily Ha ... [et al.].
- Theory of drug development 2014, CRCnetBASESection I. A theory of evaluating drugs -- section II. A theory of evidence in drug development -- section III. Additional topics.
- Therapeutic drug monitoring newer drugs and biomarkers 2012, ScienceDirectFulltext ClinicalKeyTherapeutic Drug Monitoring: Newer Drugs and Biomarkers features timely topics such as the monitoring of classical and newer drugs, pharmacogenomics and the application of biomarkers in therapeutic drug monitoring. This reference also discusses the limitations of current commercially available immunoassays for therapeutic monitoring. It presentsssnew and sophisticated techniques used for proper determination of blood levels and the clinical utility of therapeutic drug monitoring of contemporary drugs. Written by leading international experts and geared toward clinical pathol.
- Toxicologic pathology-- nonclinical safety assessment 2013, CRCnetBASEOverview of drug development / James A. Popp and Jeffery A. Engelhardt -- Nonclinical safety evaluation of drugs / Thomas M. Monticello and Jeanine L. Bussiere -- Toxicokinetics and drug metabolism : relating toxicity to compound exposure and disposition / David D. Christ -- Introduction to toxicologic pathology / Judit E. Markovits ... [et al.] -- Routine and special techniques in toxicologic pathology / Daniel J. Patrick, Peter C. Mann -- Principles of clinical pathology / Robert L. Hall -- Toxicogenomics in toxicologic pathology / Mark J. Hoenerhoff and David E. Malarkey -- Spontaneous lesions in control animals used in toxicity studies / Robert C. Johnson, Robert H. Spaet, Daniel L. Potenta -- Gastrointestinal tract / Judit E. Markovits -- Liver, gall bladder, and exocrine pancreas / Russell C. Cattley, James A. Popp, Steven L. Vonderfecht -- Respiratory system / David J. Lewis and Tom P. McKevitt -- Urinary system / Kendall S. Frazier and John Curtis Seely -- Hematopoietic system / Kristin Henson, Glenn Elliott, Gregory S. Travlos -- The lymphoid system / Patrick J. Haley -- Bone, muscle, and tooth / John L. Vahle ... [et al.] -- The cardiovascular system / Calvert Louden, David Brott -- Endocrine glands / Sundeep Chandra, Mark Hoenerhoff, Richard Peterson -- Reproductive system and mammary gland / Justin D. Vidal ... [et al.] -- Skin / Zbigniew Wojcinski ... [et al.] -- Nervous system / Mark T. Butt, Robert Sills, Alys Bradley -- Special senses : eye and ear / James A. Render, Kenneth A. Schafer, Richard A. Altschuler.
- Translational medicine-- the future of therapy? 2013, CRCnetBASEChapter 1. Introduction to Translational Medicine -- Chapter 2. New Light Through an Old Window? The "Translational Turn" in Biomedical Research -- Chapter 3. Translational Medicine -- Drivers and Barriers of TM -- Chapter 5. Developing an Evaluation Model for Translational Medicine Research Programs -- Chapter 6. Emerging Concepts in Biomarker Discovery -- Chapter 7. Imaging Biomarkers for Innovative Drug Development -- Chapter 8. Translational Bioinformatics -- Chapter 9. Exploiting Translational Medicine Through Public- Private Partnerships -- Chapter 10. The Role of the Product Development Partnership as a Translational Mechanism for Delivering Health Solutions in Low- Resource Settings.
- Understanding drug release and absorption mechanisms a physical and mathematical approach 2007, CRCnetBASEMathematical modeling -- Gastrointestinal tract and skin -- Rheology -- Mass transport -- Drug dissolution and partitioning -- Dissolution of crystallites: size effectson on the solubility -- Drug release from matrix systems -- Drug release from microemulsions -- Drug permeation through membranes.
- Using the pharmaceutical literature 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Validating pharmaceutical systems good computer practice in life science manufacturing 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Virtual screening in drug discovery 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Write it down guidance for preparing effective and compliant documentation. 2nd ed. 2005, CRCnetBASE
101 to 173 of 173 titles
View by page
- 2015 Intravenous medications a handbook for nurses and health professionals. 31st ed. — Merck index an encyclopedia of chemicals, drugs, and biologicals. 14th ed. (100)
- Meyler's Side effects of endocrine and metabolic drugs — Write it down guidance for preparing effective and compliant documentation. 2nd ed. (73)
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Access restricted to Stanford unless otherwise noted.
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Springer Protocols
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.Large number of high quality software and database programming titles from O'Reilly. Other software titles are also available from Sams and Prentice Hall. Limited to 7 concurrent users.Vast collection of software and database programming titles from multiple publishers, including Microsoft Press.Largest provider of engineering-related eBooks; includes titles in computer science and biomedical engineering.Over 4,000 full-text e-books covering scientific and technical information from CRC Press and others. Many handbooks and single volume reference sources.A repository of medical knowledge from internal medicine, cardiology, genetics, pharmacy, diagnosis and management, basic sciences, patient care, and more. Continuously expanding, all databases in the repository contain the latest editions of selected medical titles.Includes peer-reviewed life science and biomedical research protocols compiled from Methods in Molecular Biology, Methods in Molecular Medicine, Methods in Biotechnology, Methods in Pharmacology and Toxicology, Neuromethods, the Biomethods Handbook, the Proteomics Handbook, and Springer Laboratory Manuals.Contains full text access to selected biomedical and nursing books.Provides one-click access to important clinical resources; includes evidence-based diagnosis and treatment guidelines, Books, EBM articles, Ovid MEDLINE, Drug facts and comparisons, Drug interaction facts, guidelines from National Guideline Clearinghouse, patient handouts (English and Spanish), and local content.ClinicalKey provides access to textbooks, electronic journals, practice guidelines, drug information, and patient education handouts.A collection of biomedical books that can be searched directly by concept, and linked to terms in PubMed abstracts.Provides online, full-text access to Springer's journal titles as well as journals from other publishers. Subjects include: life sciences, chemical sciences, environmental sciences, geosciences, computer science, mathematics, medicine, physics and astronomy, engineering and economics. Also includes eBooks.Collection of over 8 thousand fulltext titles in engineering, math, and basic and applied biomedical research. Coverage is from 1967 to the present.A library of ebooks on a wide array of topics, digitized and made available online in conjunction with the original publishers.