Books by Subject
- 3D cell-based biosensors in drug discovery programs 2010, CRCnetBASE"This book is based upon cutting-edge research conducted in the authors lab (Cellular Bioengineering), which over the past decade has developed a number of sophisticated techniques to facilitate use of 3D cell based assays or biosensors. This book uses data from peer-reviewed publications to conclusively justify use of 3D cell cultures in cell-based biosensors (assays) for (HTS). The majority of assays performed in accelerated drug discovery processes are biochemical in nature, but there is a growing demand for live cell-based assays. Unlike biochemical ones, cellular assays are functional approximations of in vivo biological conditions and can provide more biologically relevant information"--Provided by publisher.
- A to Z drug facts Ovid
- AccessMedicine Lange Case files McGraw-HillClinical cases selected from the LANGE Case Files series, edited by Eugene C. Toy, MD.
- Adaptive design methods in clinical trials. 2nd ed. 2012, CRCnetBASEProtocol amendment -- Adaptive randomization -- Adaptive hypotheses -- Adaptive dose-escalation trials -- Adaptive group sequential design -- Statistical tests for adaptive seamless designs -- Adaptive sample size adjustment -- Two-stage adaptive design -- Adaptive treatment switching -- Bayesian approach -- Biomarker adaptive trials -- Target clinical trials -- Sample size and power estimation -- Clinical trial simulation -- Regulatory perspectives : a review of FDA draft guidance.
- Adrenergic receptors 2006, Springer
- Adverse drug reactions 2010, SpringerPt. 1. Target organ toxicity. -- Drug-induced liver injury / Michael Holt, Cynthia Ju.-- Drug herpersensitivity reactions involving skin / Oliver Hausmann, Benno Schnyder, Werner J. Pichler.-- Adverse drug reactions affecting blood cells / Richard H. Aster.-- Molecular mechanisms of adverse drug reactions in cardiac tissue / Reza Tabrizchi.-- Mechanisms of drug-induced nephrotoxicity / Thomas D. Nolin, Jonathan Himmelfarb.-- Receptor- and reactive intermediate-mediated mechanisms of teratogenesis / Peter G. Wells, Crystal J.J. Lee, Gordon P. McCallum, Julia Perstin, Patricia A. Harper.-- Pt. II. Mediators/Biochemical pathways.-- Role of reactive metabolites in drug-induced hepatotoxicity / A.M. Srivastava, J. L. Maggs, D. J. Antoine, D. P. Williams, D. A. Smith, B. K. Park.-- Role of cytokines in the mechanism of adverse drug reactions / Mary Jane Masson, Lindsay A. Collins, Lance R. Poh.-- Keap1-Nrf2 cellular defense pathway: mechanisms of regulation and role in protection against drug-induced toxicity / Ian M. Copple, Christopher E. Goldring, Neil R. Kitteringham, B. Kevin Park.-- Signal transduction pathways involved in drug-induced liver injury / Derick Han, Mie Shinohara, Maria D. Ybanez, Behnam Saberi, Neil Kaplowitz.-- Mictrochondrial involvement in drug-induced liver injury / Dominique Pessayre, Abdellah Mansouri, Alain Berson, Bernard Fromenty.-- Pt. III. Examples/Models.-- Mechanisms of acetaminophen-induced liver necrosis / Jack A. Hinson, Dean W. Roberts, Laura P. James.-- Drug-induced liver injury in humans: the case of Ximelagtran / M. Keisu, T.B. Andersson.-- Troglitazone / Tsuyoshi Yokoi.-- Neviropine hypersensitivity / M. Popovic, J.M. Shenton, J. Chen, A. Baban, T. Tharmanathan, B. Mannargudi, D. Abdulla, J.P. Uetrecht.-- Mechanisms of adverse drug reactions to biologics / Janet B. Clarke.-- Pt. IV. Risk factors/Screening drug candidates.-- Pharmacogenetics of idiosyncratic adverse drug reactions / Munir Pirmohamed.-- Danger hypothesis applied to idiosyncratic drug reactions / Jinze Li, Jack P. Uetrecht.-- Approaches for minimizing metabolic activation of new drug candidates in drug discovery / Sanjeev Kumar, Kaushik Mitra, Kelem Kassahun, Thomas A. Baillie.
- Antibiotic discovery and development 2012, Springer
- Antibiotic resistance 2012, Springer
- Antibiotics 2010, Springer
- Antibiotics in laboratory medicine. 5th ed. 2005, OvidThe breakpoint / Matthew A. Wikler, Paul G. Ambrose -- Antimicrobial susceptibility on solid media / John D. Turnidge, Jan M. Bell -- Susceptibility testing of antimicrobials in liquid media / Daniel Amsterdam -- Antimicrobial susceptibility testing of anaerobic bacteria / David W. Hecht -- Antimycobacterial agents: in vitro susceptibility testing and mechanisms of action and resistance / Clark B. Inderlied and Kevin A. Nash -- Antifungal drugs: mechanisms of action, drug resistance, susceptibility testing, and assays of activity in biological fluids / Michael A. Pfaller, Daniel J. Diekema, and Michael G. Rinaldi -- Antimicrobial susceptibility testing for some atypical microorganisms (chlamydia, mycoplasma, rickettsia, ehrlichia, coxiella, and spirochetes) / Jean-Marc Rolain, Didier Raoult -- Applications, significance of, and methods for the measurement of antimicrobial concentrations in human body fluids / Roger D. Klein and Stephen C. Edberg -- Antimicrobial combinations / Satish K. Pillai, Robert C. Moellering, Jr., and George M. Eliopoulos --Genetic and biochemical mechanisms of bacterial resistance to antimicrobial agents / Louis B. Rice and Robert A. Bonomo -- Molecular methods for the detection of antibacterial resistance genes / Margareta Ieven -- Molecular mechanisms of action for antimicrobial agents: general principles and mechanisms for selected classes of antibiotics / Charles W. Stratton -- The antivirogram and the modes of action of antiviral agents, HIV, hepatitis, influenza, and cytomegalovirus / Pierre Dellamonica ... [et al.] -- Disinfectants and antiseptics, modes of action, mechanisms of resistance, and testing / Joseph M. Ascenzi, Martin S. Favero -- Evaluation of antimicrobials in experimental animal infections / Terry O' Reilly ... [et al.] -- Extravascular antimicrobial distribution and the respective blood and urine concentrations in humans / David M. Bamberger ... [et al.] -- Epidemiology of antimicrobial resistance: species prevalence, susceptibility profiles, and resistance trends / Thomas R. Fritsche, Helio S. Sader, Ronald N. Jones.
- Anticancer agents from natural products 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Anticancer agents from natural products. 2nd ed. 2012, CRCnetBASE"This book covers clinically used anticancer agents that are either natural products or are clearly derived from natural product leads. The second edition includes drugs that are currently in development. In addition, the text emphasizes the applications of synthetic and medicinal chemistry to the preparation of analogs with enhanced activities. Contributors also address the potential of novel drug discovery through the use of genome mining as well as the status of advanced development candidates. For each compound of class of compounds, the text provides information on the history, structure, mechanism of action, development, synthesis, medicinal chemistry, and clinical applications"-- Provided by publisher."The search for new lead compounds is a crucial element of modern pharmaceutical research. Natural products provided the only source of pharmaceuticals for thousands of years, and natural products have made enormous contributions to human health through compounds such as quinine, morphine, aspirin (a natural product analog), digitoxin, and many others. The potential of natural products as anticancer agents was recognized in the 1950's by the U. S. National Cancer Institute (NCI) under the leadership of the late Dr. Jonathan Hartwell, and the NCI has since made major contributions to the discovery of new naturally occurring anticancer agents through its contract and grant support, including an important program of plant and marine collections. Many, although not all, of the compound classes described in the following pages owe their origin in whole or in part to NCI support. In spite of the success of the natural products approach to anticancer drug discovery, as exemplified by the following chapters, in recent years their importance as a source of molecular diversity for drug discovery research and development has been overshadowed by newer chemical approaches currently in favor. These approaches include chemical ones which make heavy use of combinatorial chemistry, and biological ones such as manipulation of biosynthetic pathways of microbial metabolites through combinatorial biosynthetic techniques. It is thus worthwhile to review briefly the major reasons why natural products are so important. First, there is a strong biological and ecological rationale for plants and marine invertebrates to produce novel bioactive secondary metabolites"-- Provided by publisher.
- Anticoagulants, antiplatelets, and thrombolytics 2004, Springer Protocols
- Antiplatelet agents 2012, SpringerPart 1.Pathophysiology.Platelets: Production, Morphology and Ultrastructure /Jonathan N. Thon and Joseph E. Italiano --Platelet Receptors /Alexandre Kauskot and Marc F. Hoylaerts --Platelet Signaling /Timothy J. Stalker, Debra K. Newman, Peisong Ma, Kenneth M. Wannemacher and Lawrence F. Brass --Platelet Interaction with the Vessel Wall /Philip G. de Groot, Rolf T. Urbanus and Mark Roest --Platelets in Atherosclerosis and Thrombosis /Christian Schulz and Steffen Massberg.Part 2.Pharmacology.Aspirin and Other COX-1 Inhibitors /Carlo Patrono and Bianca Rocca --Thienopyridines and Other ADP-Receptor Antagonists /Isabell Bernlochner and Dirk Sibbing --Glycoprotein IIb/IIIa Antagonists /Karen M. Hook and Joel S. Bennett --Targeting Phosphodiesterases in Anti-platelet Therapy /Matthew T. Rondina and Andrew S. Weyrich --PAR-1 Inhibitors: A Novel Class of Antiplatelet Agents for the Treatment of Patients with Atherothrombosis /Sergio Leonardi and Richard C. Becker --Thromboxane Receptors Antagonists and/or Synthase Inhibitors /Giovanni Davì, Francesca Santilli and Natale Vazzana --Inhibitors of the Interaction Between von Willebrand Factor and Platelet GPIb/IX/V /Paolo Gresele and Stefania Momi --Inhibitors of the Interactions Between Collagen and Its Receptors on Platelets /Hans Deckmyn, Simon F. De Meyer, Katleen Broos and Karen Vanhoorelbeke --Intracellular Signaling as a Potential Target for Antiplatelet Therapy /Patrick Andre --Novel Targets for Platelet Inhibition /Kathleen Freson and Chris Van Geet --Variability of Platelet Indices and Function: Acquired and Genetic Factors /Giovanni de Gaetano, Iolanda Santimone, Francesco Gianfagna, Licia Iacoviello and Chiara Cerletti --Small RNAs as Potential Platelet Therapeutics /Leonard C. Edelstein and Paul F. Bray --Pharmacological Modulation of the Inflammatory Actions of Platelets /Richard Amison, Clive Page and Simon Pitchford.Part 3.Therapy.The Role of Laboratory Monitoring in Antiplatelet Therapy /Marco Cattaneo --Antiplatelet Agents in Ischemic Heart Disease /Christopher H. May and A. Michael Lincoff --Antiplatelet Therapy in Cerebrovascular Disorders /Ralph Weber, Johannes Brenck and Hans-Christoph Diener --Antiplatelet Therapy in Peripheral Artery Disease /Francesco Violi, Stefania Basili, Jeffrey S. Berger and William R. Hiatt --Primary Prevention of Ischaemic Cardiovascular Disorders with Antiplatelet Agents /Tom Meade.
- Antisense drug technology. 2nd ed. 2008, CRCnetBASEMechanisms of antisense drug action, an introduction / Stanley T. Crooke ... [et al.] -- The RNase H mechanism / Walt Lima, Hongjiang Wu, and Stanley T. Crooke -- Small RNA silencing pathways / Alla Sigova and Phillip D. Zamore -- Splice switching oligonucleotides as potential therapeutics / Peter Sazani, Maria A. Graziewicz, and Ryszard Kole -- Basic principles of antisense drug discovery / Susan M. Freier and Andrew T. Watt -- The medicinal chemistry of oligonucleotides / Eric E. Swayze and Balkrishen Bhat -- Basic principles of the pharmacokinetics of antisense oligonucleotide drugs / Arthur A. Levin, Rosie Z. Yu, and Richard S. Geary -- Routes and formulations for delivery of antisense oligonucleotides / Gregory E. Hardee, Lloyd G. Tillman, and Richard S. Geary -- Liposomal formulations for nucleic acid delivery / Ian MacLachlan -- Pharmacological properties of 2'-O-methoxyethyl-modified oligonucleotides / C. Frank Bennett -- Pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic properties of phosphorothioate 2'-O-(2-methoxyethyl)-modified antisense oligonucleotides in animals and man / Richard S. Geary ... [et al.] -- Toxicologic properties of 2'-O-methoxyethyl chimeric antisense inhibitors in animals and man / Scott P. Henry ... [et al.] -- An overview of the clinical safety experience of first- and second-generation antisense oligonucleotides / T. Jesse Kwoh -- Manufacturing and analytical processes for 2'-O-(2-methoxyethyl)-modified oligonucleotides / Daniel C. Capaldi and Anthony N. Scozzari -- Utilizing chemistry to harness RNA interference pathways for therapeutics : chemically modified siRNAs and antagomirs / Muthiah Manoharan and Kallanthottathil G. Rajeev.Discovery and development of RNAi therapeutics / Antonin R. deFougerolles and John M. Maraganore -- Optimization of second-generation antisense drugs: going beyond generation 2.0 / Brett P. Monia ... [et al.] -- Modulating gene function with peptide nucleic acids (PNA) / Peter E. Nielsen -- Locked nucleic acid / Troels Koch and Henrik Ørum -- Morpholinos / Patrick L. Iversen -- Potential therapeutic applications of antisense oligonucleotides in ophthalmology / Lisa R. Grillone and Scott P. Henry -- Cardiovascular therapeutic applications / Rosanne M. Crooke, Brenda Baker, and Mark Wedel -- Developing antisense drugs for metabolic diseases: a novel therapeutic approach / Sanjay Bhanot -- Inflammatory diseases / Susan A. Gregory and James G. Karras -- Antisense oligonucleotides for the treatment of cancer / Boris A. Hadaschik and Martin E. Gleave -- Targeting neurological disorders with antisense oligonucleotides / Richard A. Smith and Timothy M. Miller -- Mechanisms and therapeutic applications of immune modulatory oligodeoxynucleotide and oligoribonucleotide ligands for toll-like receptors / Jörg Vollmer and Arthur M. Krieg -- Aptamer opportunities and challenges / Charles Wilson.
- Antisense therapeutics. 2nd ed. 2005, Springer ProtocolsAntisense therapeutics: a promise waiting to be fulfilled / M. Ian Phillips -- Antisense inhibition: oligonucleotides, ribozymes and siRNAs / Y. Clare Zhang ... [et al.] -- Local application of antisense for prevention of restenosis / Patrick L. Iversen ... [et al.] -- Antisense therapeutics for hypertension: targeting the renin-angiotensin system / M. Ian Phillips and Birgitta Kimura -- Antisense strategies for the treatment of heart failure / Sian E. Harding, Federica del Monte, and Roger J. Hajjar -- Clinical studies of antisense oligonucleotides for cancer therapy / Rosanne M. Orr and F. Andrew Dorr -- Antisense therapy in clinical oncology: preclinical and clinical experiences / Ingo Tamm -- Radionucleide-peptide nucleic acid diagnosis and treatment of pancreatic cancer / Eric Wickstrom ... [et al.] -- Suppression of pancreatic and colon cancer cells by antisense K-ras RNA expression vectors / Kazunori Aoki, Shumpei Ohnami, and Teruhiko Yoshida -- Induction of tumor cell apoptosis and chemosensitization by antisense strategies / Manuel Rieber and Mary Strasberg-Rieber -- Utility of an anti-oncogene ribozymes and antisense oligonucletoides in reversing drug resistance / Tadao Funato -- Transport of antisense across the blood-brain barrier / Laura B. Jaeger and William A. Banks -- Transdermal delivery of antisense oligonucletoides / Rhonda M. Brand and Patrick L. Iversen -- Antisense strategies for redirection of drug metabolism: using paclitaxel as a model / Vikram Arora -- Antisense oligonucletoide treatment of inflammatory bowel diseases / Bruce R. Yacyshyn -- Optimizing electroporation conditions for the intracellular delivery of morpholino antisense oligonucleotides directed against the hepatitis C virus internal ribosome entry site / Ronald Jubin.
- Antiviral strategies 2009, Springer
- Appetite control 2012, Springer
- Omics & microarrays revisited -- The commercial microarrays -- Supports & surface chemistries -- The arraying processes -- Gene expression microarray-based applications -- Protein microarray applications -- Multiplex assays.
- Approaches to the conformational analysis of biopharmaceuticals 2010, CRCnetBASEIntroduction to biopharmaceutical conformational analysis : issues and methods -- Comparability of biotechnological/biological products and biological generics -- Application of native electrophoresis for the study of protein conformation -- Affinity chromatography including hydrophobic interaction chromatography in the study of biopolymer conformation -- Size-exclusion chromatography and bimolecular conformation -- Use of analytical ultracentrifugation to study biomolecular conformation -- Use of differential scanning calorimetry to measure conformational change in proteins and other biomacromolecules -- Light scattering and biomacromolecular conformation -- Use of luminescence to measure conformational change in biopharmaceuticals with emphasis on protein and protein drug products -- Near-infrared spectroscopy and macromolecular conformation -- Use of mid-infrared and Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy to study conformation of biomacromolecules -- Use of Raman spectroscopy to evaluate biopharmaceutical conformation -- The use of UV-VIS spectrophotometry for the characterization of biopharmaceutical products -- Use of optical rotatory dispersion and circular dichroism to study therapeutic biomacromolecule conformation -- Use of nuclear magnetic resonance for the characterization of biotherapeutic products -- Use of chemical probes for the study of protein conformation -- Use of hydrogen exchange in the study of biopharmaceutical conformation -- Use of chemical modification for the conformational analysis of biopharmaceuticals -- Use of immunology to characterize biopharmaceutical conformation -- Use of limited proteolysis to study the conformation of proteins of biotechnological interest -- Other technologies for the characterization of conformational change in biopharmaceuticals -- Development of an experimental approach for the study of the conformation of a biological therapeutic product.
- Appropriate dose selection 2007, Springer
- Aspirin and related drugs 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Bacterial resistance to antimicrobials. 2nd ed. 2008, CRCnetBASEMicrobial drug resistance: a historical perspective / William C. Summers -- Ecology of antibiotic resistance genes / Abigail A. Salyers, Nadja Shoemaker, and David Schlesinger -- Global response systems that confer resistance / Paul F. Miller and Philip N. Rather -- Multidrug efflux pumps: structure, mechanism, and inhibition / Olga Lomovskaya ... [et al.] -- Mechanisms of aminoglycoside antibiotic resistance / Gerard D. Wright -- Resistance to [beta]-lactam antibiotics mediated by [beta]-lactamases : structure, mechanism, and evolution / Jooyoung Cha, Lakshmi P. Kotra, and Shahriar Mobashery -- Target modification as a mechanism of antimicrobial resistance / David C. Hooper -- Antibiotic permeability / Harry Taber -- Genetic methods for detecting bacterial resistance genes / Ad C. Fluit --Evolution and epidemiology of antibiotic-resistant pneumococci / Christopher Gerard Dowson and Krzysztof Trzcinski -- Antimicrobial resistance in the enterococcus / George M. Eliopoulos -- Methicillin resistance in staphylococcus aureus / Keeta S. Gilmore, Michael S. Gilmore, and Daniel F. Sahm -- Mechanism of drug resistance in mycobacterium tuberculosis / Alex S. Pym and Stewart T. Cole -- Antibiotic resistance in enterobacteria / Nafsika H. Georgopapadakou -- Resistance as a worldwide problem / Paul Shears -- Public health responses to antimicrobial resistance in outpatient and inpatient settings / Cindy R. Friedman and Arjun Srinivasan -- Antibacterial drug discovery in the 21st century / Steven J. Projan.
- Bacteriocins 2007, Springer
- Basic & clinical pharmacology 2012 (12th ed.)., AccessMedicine
- Bioanalytical separations 2003, ScienceDirectNew developments in integrated sample preparation for bioanalysis / M.W.J. van Hout, H.A.G. Niederländer, R.A. de Zeeuw and G.J. de Jong -- Solid-phase extraction on molecularly imprinted polymers / Lars I. Andersson and Leif Schweitz -- Techniques for sample preparation using solid-phase extraction / Uwe Dieter Neue, Claude R.Mallet, Ziling Lu, Yung-Fong Cheng and Jeffrey R. Mazzeo -- Turbulent flow chromatography in bioanalysis / Tony Edge -- Chiral bioanalysis / D.M. Wallworth and J.T. Lee -- Method development in reversed-phase chromatography / Uwe Dieter Neue, Eric S. Grumbach, Jeff R. Mazzeo, KimVan Tran and Diane M. Wagrowski-Diehl -- Immobilized enzyme reactors in liquid chromatography : on-line bioreactors for use in synthesis and drug discovery / Nektaria Markoglou and Irving W. Wainer -- Use of liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry in acute human toxicology / M.J. Bogusz -- HPLC-MS(MS) for bioanalysis in drug discovery and development / Brian Law -- Biomedical applications of directly-coupled chromatography : nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) spectroscopy and mass spectrometry (MS) / John C. Lindon, Nigel J.C. Bailey, Jeremy K. Nicholson and Ian D. Wilson -- Ultra-sensitive detection of radiolabelled drugs and their metabolites using accelerator mass spectrometry / Graham Lappin and R. Colin Garner -- Biomedical applications of inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry (ICP-MS) as an element specific detector for chromatographic separations / Fadi R. Abou-Shakra -- Chromatography in a regulated environment / H.M. Hill.
- Biochemical targets of plant bioactive compounds 2003, CRCnetBASEPlant defensive compounds and their biochemical targets -- Introduction -- Organization and scope of the book -- Description of the tables -- Using the tables -- The structural diversity of plant defensive compounds -- Plant alkaloids -- Plant phenolics -- Plant terpenes -- Other plant compounds -- Biochemistry: the chemistry of life -- Introduction: water-based life -- Protein structure -- Enzymes and ligand-binding proteins -- Metabolic strategies -- Inhibition of biochemical processes by plant defensive compounds -- Neurotransmitter- and hormone-gated ion channels -- Introduction: electrical signalling in excitable cells -- Ionotropic neurotransmitter receptors: neurotransmitter-gated ion channels -- Structure and function of ionotropic receptors -- Ion pumps, ligand- and voltage-gated ion channels -- Introduction -- Ion pumps -- Voltage-gated Na⁺ channels -- Ligand-regulated and voltage-gated K⁺ channels -- Voltage-gated Ca²⁺ channels -- Ligand-gated Ca²⁺ channels -- Chloride transport and voltage-regulated chloride channels.
- Biocombinatorial approaches for drug finding 2005, Springer
- Bioequivalence and statistics in clinical pharmacology 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Bioinformatics and drug discovery 2005, Springer ProtocolsNew strategies in drug discovery / Eliot H. Ohlstein ... [et al.] -- Basic microarray analysis: strategies for successful experiments / Scott A. Ness -- From microarray to biological networks: analysis of gene expression profiles / Xiwei Wu and T. Gregory Dewey -- Microarray analysis in drug discovery and clinical applications / Siqun Wang and Qiong Cheng -- Ontology-driven approaches to analyzing data in functional genomics / Francisco Azuje, Fatima Al-Shahrour, and Joaquin Dopazo -- Gene evolution and drug discovery / James O. McInerney ... [et al.] -- Standardization of microarray and pharmacogenomics data / Cassey S. Husser ... [et al.] -- Clinical applications of bioinformatics, genomics, and pharmacogenomics / Omer Iqbal and Jawed Fareed --Protein interactions probed with mass spectrometry / Suma Kaveti and John R. Engen -- Discovering new drug targeting sites on flexible multidomain protein kinases -- combining segmental isotopic and site-directed spin labeling for nuclear magnetic resonance dectection of interfacial clefts / Thomas K. Harris -- Nuclear magnetic resonance-based screening methods for drug discovery / Laurel O. Sillerud and Richard S. Larson -- Receptor binding sites: bioinformatic approaches / Darren R. Flower -- In silico protein design: fitting sequence onto structure / Bassil I. Dahiyat -- Chemical database preparation for compound acquisition or virtual screening / Cristian G. Bologa, Marius M. Olah, and Tudor I. Oprea -- Bioinformatics platform development: from gene to lead compound / Alexis S. Ivanov ... [et al.].
- Biologics in general medicine 2007, Springer
- Biology of marijuana 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Biomarker methods in drug discovery and development 2008, Springer
- BioNMR in drug research 2003, WileyPending
- Biopharmaceutics applications in drug development 2008, Springer
- Biosimilars 2013, SpringerBiologicals' Characteristics / K. Ho and J.-H. Trouvin --From the Biosimilar Concept to the Marketing Authorisation / M. Pavlovic and J.-L. Prugnaud --Immunogenicity / J.-L. Prugnaud --Substitution and Interchangeability / J.-L. Prugnaud --G-CSFs: Onco-Hematologist's Point of View / D. Kamioner --The Oncologist's Point of View / C. Chouaïd --Biosimilars: Challenges Raised by Biosimilars: Who is Responsible for Cost and Risk Management? / F. Megerlin.
- "... provides an established, recognized, authoritative and comprehensive source on medicinal chemistry and drug discovery and development. This flagship reference for medicinal chemists and pharmaceutical professions has been thoroughly updated and expanded across 8 volumes to incorporate the entire process of drug development (preclinical testing, clinical trials, etc.) alongside the traditional strengths in medicinal chemistry and drug discovery"--Provided by publisher.
- Caffeine and activation theory 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Calcium signaling protocols. 2nd ed. 2005, Springer ProtocolsFluorescent measurement of [Ca²+]c: basic practical considerations / Alec W.M. Simpson -- Measurement of [Ca²+]i in whole cell suspensions using fura-2 / Robert A. Hirst ... [et al.] -- Measurement of [Ca²+]i in cell suspensions using indo-1 / Adriaan Nelemans -- Confocal microscopy: theory and applications for cellular signaling / Stephen C. Tovey, Paul J. Brighton, and Gary B. Willars -- Single-cell and subcellular measurement of intracellular Ca²+ concentration / Anthony J. Morgan and Andrew P. Thomas -- Ratiometric Ca²+ measurements using the FlexStation scanning fluorometer / Ian C.B. Marshall, Izzy Boyfield, and Shaun McNulty -- Measuring Ca²+ changes in multiwell format using the fluorometric imaging plate reader / Ian C.B. Marshall, Davina E. Owen, and Shaun McNulty --Measurement of Ca²+ entry using cells ⁴⁵Ca²+ / Mercedes Villarroya ... [et al.] -- Measurement of [³H]PN200-110 and [¹²⁵I]-conotoxin MVIIA binding / Kazuyoshi Hirota and David G. Lambert -- Whole-cell patch clamp recording of voltage-sensitive Ca²+ channel currents: heterologous expression systems and dissociated brain neurons / Atticus H. Hainsworth, Andrew D. Randall, and Alessandro Stefani -- Measurement of phospholipase C by monitoring inositol phosphates using [³H]inositol-labeling protocols in permeabilized cells / Alison Skippen, Philip Swigart, and Shamshad Cockcroft -- Measurement of inositol(1,4,5)triphosphate using a stereospecific radioreceptor mass assay / Darren Smart --Measurement of calcium fluxes in permeabilized cells using a ⁴⁵Ca²+ uptake and release assay / Robert A. Wilcox -- Microinjection of myo-inositol(1,4,5)trisphosphate and other calcium-mobilizing agents into intact adherent cells / Robert A. Wilcox, Ian D. Forsythe, and Terence J. McCann -- Measurement of free [Ca²+] changes in agonist-sensitive internal stores using compartmentalized fluorescent indicators / Aldebaran M. Hofer -- Measurement of [Ca²+]i in smooth muscle strips using front-surface fluorimetry / Hideo Kanaide -- Measurement of calcium and movement in heart cells / Leong L. Ng and Paulene A. Quinn --Simultaneous analysis of intracellular pH and Ca²+ from cell populations / Raul Martinez-Zaguilan ... [et al.] -- Measurement of cytosolic-free Ca²+ in plant tissue / Martin R. McAinsh and Carl K.-Y. Ng -- Assay and purification of calmodulin-dependent protein kinase / Rajendra K. Sharma -- Assay and purification of calmodulin-dependent cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase and isozyme separation / Rajendra K. Sharma -- Measurement of Ca²+-ATPase activity (in PMCA and SERCA1) / Danuta Kosk-Kosicka.
- Cannabinoid receptors 2009, Springer
- Cannabinoids 2005, Springer
- Cannabinoids and the brain 2008, Springer
- Cannabinoids as therapeutics 2005, Springer
- Capillary electrophoresis methods for pharmaceutical analysis. 1st ed. 2008, ScienceDirectOverview of Capillary Electrophoresis in Pharmaceutical Analysis -- Theoretical Consideration in Performance of Various Modes of CE -- Equipment Considerations for Capillary Electrophoresis -- Method Development for Pharmaceutical Analysis -- Role of CE in Drug Substance and Drug Product Development -- General Considerations to Improve Performance of CE Methods -- Overview of Current Regulatory Guidance -- Qualification of CE Instrumentation -- Robustness Testing of CE Methods -- Validation of Analytical Methods Using Capillary Electrophoresis-- The Need for CE Methods in Pharmacopeial Monographs -- CE in Impurity Profiling of Drugs -- Ion Analysis Using Capillary Electrophoresis -- Role of CE in Biopharmaceutical Development and Quality Control -- Capillary Electrophoresis and Bioanalysis -- CE as an Orthogonal Technique to Chromatography -- Capillary Electrochromatography of Pharmaceuticals -- Coupling CE and Chip-based Devices and Mass Spectrometry.
- Carbohydrate-based drug discovery 2003, Wileych. 1. Synthetic methodologies / Chikako Saotome, Osamu Kanie -- ch. 2. Complex carbohydrate synthesis / Makoto Kiso, Hideharu Ishida, Hiromune Ando -- ch. 3. The chemistry of sialic acid / Geert-Jan Boons, Alexei V. Demchenko -- ch. 4. Solid-phase oligosaccharide synthesis / Peter H. Seeberger -- ch. 5. Solution and polymer-supported synthesis of carbohydrates / Shin-Ichiro Nishimura -- ch. 6. Enzymatic synthesis of oligosaccharides / Jianbo Zhang, Jun Shao, Prezemk Kowal, Peng George Wang -- ch. 7. Glycopeptides and glycoproteins : synthetic chemistry and biology / Oliver Seitz -- ch. 8. Synthesis of complex carbohydrates : Everninomicin 13,384-1 / K. C. Nicolaou, Helen J. Mitchell, Scott A. Snyder -- ch. 9. Chemical synthesis of asparagine-linked glycoprotein oligosaccharides : recent examples / Yukishige Ito, Ichiro Matsuo -- ch. 10. Chemistry and biochemistry of asparagine-linked protein glycosylation / Barbara Imperiali, Vincent W.-F. Tai -- ch. 11. Conformational analysis of C-glycosides and related compounds : programming conformational profiles of C- and O-glycosides / Peter G. Goekjian, Alexander Wei, Yoshito Kishi -- ch. 12. Synthetic lipid A antagonists for sepsis treatment / William J. Christ, Lynn D. Hawkins, Michael D. Lewis, Yoshito Kishi -- ch. 13. Polysialic acid vaccines / Harold J. Jennings -- ch. 14. Synthetic carbohydrate-based vaccines / Stacy J. Keding, Samuel J. Danishefsky -- ch. 15. Chemistry, biochemistry, and pharmaceutical potentials of glycosaminoglycans and related saccharides / Tasneem Islam, Robert J. Linhardt -- ch. 16. A new generation of antithrombotics based on synthetic oligosaccharides / Maurice Petitou, Jean-Marc Herbert -- ch. 17. Sequencing of oligosaccharides and glycoproteins / Stuart M. Haslam, Kay-Hooi Khoo, Anne Dell -- ch. 18. Preparation of heterocyclic 2-deoxystreptamine aminoglycoside analogues and characterization of their interaction with RNAs by use of electrospray ionization mass spectrometry / Richard H. Griffey, Steven A. Hofstadler, Eric E. Swayze -- ch. 19. Glycosylation analysis of a recombinant P-selectin antagonist by high-pH anion-exchange chromatography with pulsed electrochemical detection (HPAEC/PED) / Mark R. Hardy, Richard J. Cornell -- ch. 20. Analytical techniques for the characterization and sequencing of glycosaminoglycans / Ram Sasisekharan, Zachary Shriver, Mallik Sundaram, Ganesh Venkataraman -- ch. 21. Thermodynamic models of the multivalency effect / Pavel I. Kitov, David R. Bundle -- ch. 22. Synthetic multivalent carbohydrate ligands as effectors or inhibitors of biological processes / Laura L. Kiessling, Jason K. Pontrello, Michael C. Schuster -- ch. 23. Glycosyltransferase inhibitors / Karl-Heinz Jung, Richard R. Schmidt -- ch. 24. RNA-aminoglycoside interactions / Haim Weizman, Yitzhak Tor -- ch. 25. Glycosylated natural products / Jon S. Thorson, Thomas Vogt -- ch. 26. Novel enzymatic mechanisms in the biosynthesis of unusual sugars / Alexander Wong, Xuemei He, Hung-Wen Liu -- ch. 27. Neoglycolipids : identification of functional carbohydrate epitopes / Ten Feizi, Alexander M. Lawson, Wengang Chai -- ch. 28. A preamble to aglycone reconstruction for membrane-presented glycolipid mimics / Murugesapillai Mylvaganam, Clifford A. Lingwood -- ch. 29. Small molecule inhibitors of the sulfotransferases / Dawn E. Verdugo, Lars C. Pedersen, Carolyn R. Bertozzi -- ch. 30. Carbohydrate-based treatment of cancer metastasis / Reiji Kannagi -- ch. 31. N-acetylneuraminic acid derivatives and mimetics as anti-influenza agents / Robin Thomson, Mark Von Itzstein -- ch. 32. Modified and modifying sugars as a new tool for the development of therapeutic agents : the biochemically engineered N-acyl side chain of sialic acid : biological implications and possible uses in medicine / Rüdiger Horstkorte, Oliver T. Keppler, Werner Reutter -- ch.33 . Modified and modifying sugars as a new tool for the development of therapeutic agents : glycosidated phospholipids as a new type of antiproliferative agents / Kerstin Danker, Annette Fischer, Werner Reutter -- ch. 34. Glycoside primers and inhibitors of glycosylation / Jillian R. Brown, Mark M. Fuster, Jeffrey D. Esko -- ch. 35. Carbohydrate-based drug discovery in the battle against bacterial infections : new opportunities arising from programmable one-pot oligosaccharide synthesis / Thomas K. Ritter, Prof. Dr. Chi-Huey Wong.
- Cardiac drug development guide 2003, Springer Protocols
- Caveolins in cancer pathogenesis, prevention and therapy 2012, Springer
- Cell signaling & molecular targets in cancer 2012, Springer
- Challenges for the FDA 2007, NAP
- Chemical and pharmaceutical industry in China 2005, Springer
- Chemistry and pharmacology of anticancer drugs 2006, CRCnetBASEIntroduction to cancer -- Antimetabolites -- DNA-interactive agents -- Antitubulin agents -- Cell signaling inhibitors -- Hormonal therapies -- Tumour targeting strategies -- Biologicals -- The future -- Personalized medicine (oncogenomics) -- Adjunct therapies.
- "Natural products play crucial roles in modern drug development and constitute a prolific source of novel lead compounds or pharmacophores for ongoing drug discovery programs. Chemistry and Pharmacology of Naturally Occurring Bioactive Compounds presents cutting-edge research in the chemistry of bioactive natural products and demonstrates how natural product research continues to make significant contributions in the discovery and development of new medicinal entities."--Page  of cover.
- Chemoinformatics 2004, Springer Protocols
- Chemokine receptors 2007, Springer
- Chinese and related North American herbs 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Chiral separations 2003, Springer Protocols
- Chirality in drug design and development 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Circadian clocks 2013, Springer
- Clinical pharmacology of sleep 2006, Springer
- Clinical trials in the neurosciences 2009., Karger
- Co-existence and co-release of classical neurotransmitters 2009, Springer
- Colloids in drug delivery 2010, CRCnetBASESurfactants and block copolymers in drug delivery / Ambikanandan Misra ... [et al.] -- Application of colloidal properties in drug delivery / Swarnlata Saraf -- Polymeric nanocapsules for drug delivery : an overview / Sílvia S. Guterres ... [et al.] -- Poly(alkyl cyanoacrylate) nanoparticles for drug delivery and vaccine development / Anja Graf, Karen Krauel-Göllner, Thomas Rades -- Stimuli-sensitive polymer gels for dermal and transdermal drug delivery and their application in the development of smart textile materials / Witold Musial and Vanja Kokol -- Micelles : the multifunctional nanocarrier for colloidal drug delivery / Chandana Mohanty, Sarbari Acharya, and Sanjeeb K. Sahoo -- Multiple emulsions : an overview and pharmaceutical applications / Jatin Khurana, Somnath Singh, and Alekha K. Dash -- Pharmaceutical and biotechnological applications of multiple emulsions / Rita Cortesi and Elisabetta Esposito -- Nanoemulsions as drug delivery systems / Figen Tirnaksiz, Seyda Akkus, and Nevin Celebi -- Microemulsion systems : application in delivery of poorly soluble drugs / Ljiljana Djekic and Marija Primorac -- Diclofenac solubilization in mixed nonionic surfactants microemulsions / Monzer Fanun -- Self-emulsifying drug delivery systems / D. P. Maurya, Yasmin Sultana, and M. Abul Kalam -- Liquid crystals and their application in the field of drug delivery / Rakesh Patel and Tanmay N. Patel -- Liquid crystalline nanoparticles as drug nanocarriers / Anan Yaghmur and Michael Rappolt -- Niosomal delivery system for macromolecular drugs / Yongzhuo Huang, Faquan Yu, and Wenquan Liang -- A new class of mesoscopic aggregates as a novel drug delivery system / Federico Bordi, Cesare Cametti, and Simona Sennato -- Liposomes and biomacromolecules : effects of preparation protocol on in vitro activity / Paola Luciani, Debora Berti, and Piero Baglioni -- Colloidal nanocarrier systems as a tool for improving antimycobacterial and antitumor activities and reducing the toxicity of usnic acid / N. S. Santos-Magalhães ... [et al.] -- Dendrimers in drug delivery / Hu Yang -- Microsphere : a novel drug delivery system / Abdus Samad ... [et al.] -- Colloids in aerosol drug delivery system / Nazrul Islam -- Respiratory aerosol dynamics with applications to pharmaceutical drug delivery / Jinxiang Xi, P. Worth Longest, and Paula J. Anderson -- Colloidal carriers for drug delivery in dental tissue engineering / Nader Kalaji, Nida Sheibat-Othman, and Hatem Fessi -- Classification and application of colloidal drug delivery systems : passive or active tumor targeting / H. Yesim Karasulu, Burcak Karaca, and Ercüment Karasulu -- Nanocarriers for imaging applications / Vandana Patravale and Medha Joshi.
- Color atlas of pharmacology. 3rd ed., rev. and expanded. 2005, Thieme BookAntithrombotics -- Plasma volume expanders -- Drugs used in hyperlipoproteinemias -- Diuretics -- Drugs for the treatment of peptic ulcers -- Laxatives -- Antidiarrheals -- Drugs acting on motor systems -- Drugs for the suppression of pain -- Antipyretic analgesics -- Local anesthetics -- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs -- Local anesthetics -- Opioids -- General anesthetics -- Psychopharmacologicals -- Hormones -- Antibacterial drugs -- Antifungal drugs -- Antiviral drugs -- Antiparasitic agents -- Anticancer drugs -- Immune modulators -- Antidotes -- Therapy of selected diseases.History of pharmacology -- Drug sources -- Drug development -- Drug administration -- Cellular sites of action -- Distribution in the body -- Drug elimination -- Pharmacokinetics -- Quantification of drug action -- Drug-receptor interaction -- Adverse drug effects -- Genetic variation of drug effects -- Pharmacogenetics -- Drug-independent effects -- Drugs acting on the sympathetic nervous system -- Drugs acting on the parasympathetic nervous system -- Nicotine -- Biogenic amines -- Vasodilators -- Inhibitors of the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system -- Drugs acting on smooth muscle -- Cardiac drugs -- Antianemics --
- Color atlas of pharmacology. 4th ed. 2011, Thieme Book
- Combating fungal infections 2010, Springer
- Comparative and veterinary pharmacology 2010, SpringerThis volume addresses not only a series of key topics in the discipline of veterinary pharmacology and therapeutics that will be of interest to those researching and treating animal disease, but also emphasising the comparative aspects of the subject and the interface with human health and disease.
- Comprehensive medicinal chemistry II 2007, ScienceDirectv. 1. Global perspective / volume editor, Peter D. Kennewell -- v. 2. Strategy and drug research / volume editor, Walter H. Moos -- v. 3. Drug discovery technologies / volume editor, Hugo Kubinyi -- v. 4. Computer-assisted drug design / volume editor, Jonathan S. Mason -- v. 5. ADME-Tox approaches / volume editors, Bernard Testa and Han van de Waterbeemd -- v. 6. Therapeutics areas I: central nervous system, pain, metabolic syndrome, urology, gastrointestinal and cardiovascular / volume editor, Michael Williams -- v. 7. Therapeutic areas II: cancer, infectious diseases, inflammation & immunology and dermatology / volume editors, Jacob J. Plattner & Manoj C. Desai -- v. 8. Case histories and cumulative subject index / volume editors, John B. Taylor & David J. Triggle.
- Computational pharmacokinetics 2008, CRCnetBASEEmpirical pharmacokinetics -- Numerical methods for PK parameter estimation -- Physiological aspects on pharmacokinetics -- Modelling the distribution process -- PK/PD modelling.
- Contract research and development organizations 2011, Springer
- Cyclooxygenases 2008, Springer ProtocolsPart I. In vitro protocols for studying expression and activity of cyclooxygenase enzymes and characterisation of their inhibition patterns -- 1. In vitro cyclo-oxygenase expression and activity protocols : introduction to Part I / Roderick J. Flower -- 2. Techniques used to study regulation of cyclooxygenase-2 promoter sites / Hiroyasu Inoue and Rieko Nakata -- 3. Purification of recombinant human COX-1 and COX-2 / James K. Gierse -- 4. Cloning and expression of cyclooxygenase-1 and cyclooxygenase-2 / Nicholas R. Staten and Beverly A. Reitz -- 5. Expression of cyclooxygenase isoforms in the baculovirus expression system / John C. Hunter, Natalie M. Myres, and Daniel L. Simmons -- 6. Peroxidase active site activity assay / Kelsey C. Duggan, Joel Musee, and Lawrence J. Marnett -- 7. Study of inhibitors of the PGH synthases for which potency Is regulated by the redox state of the enzymes / Olivier Boutaud and John A. Oates -- 8. Different methods for testing potential cyclooxygenase-1 and cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitors / Stefan Laufer and Sabine Luik -- 9. In vitro cyclooxygenase activity assay in tissue homogenates / Samir S. Ayoub -- 10. Techniques used to characterize the binding of cyclooxygenase Inhibitors to the cyclooxygenase active site / William F. Hood -- 11. In vitro Assays for cyclooxygenase activity and inhibitor characterization / Mark C. Walker and James K. Gierse -- -- Part II. Extraction and measurement of prostanoids and isoprostanes -- 12. Extraction and measurement of prostanoids and isoprostanes : introduction to Part II / Paola Patrignani -- 13. Prostanoid extraction and measurement / Lorenzo Polenzani and Samir S. Ayoub -- 14. Measurement of 8-iso-prostaglandin F2a in biological fluids as a measure of lipid peroxidation / Stefania Tacconelli, Marta L. Capone, and Paola Patrignani -- -- Part III. In vivo models to study involvement of cyclooxygenase products in health and disease -- 15. In vivo models to study cyclooxygenase products in health and disease: introduction to Part III / Derek W. Gilroy, Melanie Stables, and Justine Newson -- 16. Protocols to assess the gastrointestinal side effects resulting from inhibition of Cyclo-Oxygenase isoforms / Brendan J.R. Whittle -- 17. Cyclooxygenase enzymes and their products in the carrageenan-induced pleurisy in rats / Adrian R. Moore, Samir S. Ayoub, and Michael P. Seed -- 18. Iloprost-induced nociception : determination of the site of anti-nociceptive action of cyclooxygenase inhibitors and the Involvement of cyclooxygenase products in central mechanisms of nociception / Samir S. Ayoub and Regina M. Botting.
- Dermal absorption models in toxicology and pharmacology 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Desk reference of clinical pharmacology. 2nd ed. 2008, CRCnetBASEThe pharmacokinetic basis of therapeutics -- The pharmacodynamic basis of therapeutics -- Adverse reactions and drug-drug interactions -- Herb-drug interactions -- Food-drug interactions.
- Development of antibody-based therapeutics 2012, SpringerTranslational Strategies for Development of Antibody-Based Therapeutics: An Overview /Mohammad Tabrizi, Gadi Gazit Bornstein and Scott L. Klakamp --Discovery Process for Antibody-Based Therapeutics /Heather H. Shih --Technologies for the Generation of Human Antibodies /Ramesh R. Bhatt, John S. Haurum and C. Geoffrey Davis --Application of Antibody Engineering in the Development of Next Generation Antibody-Based Therapeutics /Randall J. Brezski and Juan Carlos Almagro --Biophysical Considerations for Development of Antibody-Based Therapeutics /Andrew W. Drake and Giuseppe A. Papalia --Considerations in Establishing Affinity Design Goals for Development of Antibody-Based Therapeutics /Mohammad Tabrizi --Bioanalytical Considerations for Development of Antibody-Based Therapeutics: Pharmacokinetics and Immunogenicity /Cherryl B. Funelas and Scott L. Klakamp --Preclinical Considerations for Development of Antibody-Based Therapeutics in Oncology /Gregory Landes and Kathleen Elias --Factors Impacting the Tumor Localization and Distribution of Antibody-Based Therapeutics in Oncology /David C. Blakey.Preclinical Safety Considerations for the Development of Antibody-Based Therapeutics /Lolke de Haan --Application of Pharmacokinetic/Pharmacodynamic Modeling in the Development of Antibody-Based Therapeutics /Donald E. Mager --Application of Population Pharmacokinetic-Pharmacodynamic Approaches in the Design of Translational Strategies for Development of Antibody-Based Therapeutics /Feng Jin --Translational Biomarkers: Essential Tools in Development of Antibody-Based Therapeutics /Mohammad A. Tabrizi and Cherryl B. Funelas --Translational Research in Alzheimer's Disease for Development of Antibody-Based Therapeutics /Eric C. Yuen, Enchi Liu and Gene G. Kinney --Considerations in Manufacturing Process Development for Antibody-Based Therapeutics /Paula C. Miller and Peiling Xu --Strategies for Development of Next Generation Antibody-Based Therapeutics /Mohammad Tabrizi and Gadi Gazit Bornstein --Immune Complex Therapies for Treatment of Immune Thrombocytopenia /Rong Deng and Joseph P. Balthasar --Application of Bioinformatics Principles for Target Evaluation /Anthony Carvalloza, Mohammad Fallahi and Sahba Tabrizifard --Concluding Remarks /Mohammad Tabrizi, Gadi Gazit Bornstein and Scott L. Klakamp.
- Development of novel vaccines 2012, Springer
- Diabetes 2011, SpringerTargeting type 2 diabetes -- Dual acting and pan-PPAR activators as potential anti-diabetic therapies -- GLP-1 agonists and dipeptidyl-peptidase IV inhibitors -- Cannabinoids and endocannabinoids in metabolic disorders with focus on diabetes -- SGLT inhibitors as new therapeutic tools in the treatment of diabetes -- Inhibitors of 11[beta]-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 in antidiabetic therapy -- Nampt and its potential role in inflammation and type 2 diabetes -- Inhibition of ganglioside biosynthesis as a novel therapeutic approach in insulin resistance -- Overcoming insulin resistance with ciliary neurotrophic factor -- Thermogenesis and related metabolic targets in anti-diabetic therapy -- Interleukin-targeted therapy for metabolic syndrome and type 2 diabetes -- Fructose-1, 6-bisphosphatase inhibitors for reducing excessive endogenous glucose production in type 2 diabetes -- AMP-activated protein kinase and metabolic control -- Mitochondria as potential targets in antidiabetic therapy -- Research and development of glucokinase activators for diabetes therapy : theoretical and practical aspects.
- DNA topoisomerases and cancer 2012, SpringerIntroduction and historical perspective / Patrick Forterre -- Human DNA topoisomerase I : structure, enzymology and biology / James J. Champoux -- Mitochondrial topoisomerases / Ilaria Dalla Rosa, Yves Pommier, and Hongliang Zhang -- Structure and mechanism of eukaryotic type IIA topoisomerases / James M. Berger and Neil Osheroff -- Essential functions of topoisomerase III-alpha in the nucleus and mitochondria / Stefanie Hartman Chen, Jianhong Wu, and Tao-shih Hsieh -- DNA topoisomerase I and illegitimate recombination / Céline Auzanneau and Philippe Pourquier -- Topoisomerase-induced DNA damage / Yves Pommier and Neil Osheroff -- Topoisomerases and carcinogenesis : topoisomerases III-alpha and BLM / Mounira Amor-Guéret and Jean-François Riou -- Topoisomerases inhibitors : a paradigm for interfacial inhibition / Christophe Marchand and Yves Pommier -- Topoisomerases I inhibitors : chemical biology / Beverly A. Teicher -- Topoisomerases II inhibitors : chemical biology / Anna Rogojina ... [et al.] -- Topoisomerases I inhibitors : current use and prospects / Yan Makeyev ... [et al.] -- Topoisomerases II inhibitors : current use and prospects / Olivier Mir ... [et al.] -- Transcriptional stress by camptothecin : mechanisms and implications for the drug antitumor activity / Giovanni Capranico ... [et al.] -- Mechanisms regulating cellular responses to DNA topoisomerases I-targeted agents / Piero Benedetti and Mary-Ann Bjornsti -- Tyrosyl-DNA-phosphodiesterase / Thomas S. Dexheimer ... [et al.] -- Ubiquitin and ubiquitin-like proteins in repair of topoisomerases-mediated DNA damage / Shyamal D. Desai -- Repair of topoisomerases II-mediated DNA damage : fixing DNA damage arising from a protein covalently trapped on DNA / John L. Nitiss ... [et al.] -- Topoisomerases and apoptosis / Olivier Sordet and Stéphanie Solier.
- Dopamine 2005, ScienceDirect
- Dopamine receptors. 2nd ed. 2010, Springer
- Dose finding by the continual reassessment method 2011, CRCnetBASEPart I. Fundamentals -- Chapter 1. Introduction -- Chapter 2. Dose Finding in Clinical Trials -- Chapter 3. The Continual Reassessment Method -- Chapter 4. One-Parameter Dose-Toxicity Models -- Chapter 5. Theoretical Properties -- Chapter 6. Empirical Properties -- Part II. Design Calibration -- Chapter 7. Specifications of a CRM Design -- Chapter 8. Initial Guesses of Toxicity Probabilities -- Chapter 9. Least Informative Normal Prior -- Chapter 10. Initial Design -- Part III. CRM and Beyond -- Chapter 11. The Time-to-Event CRM -- Chapter 12. CRM with Multiparameter Models -- Chapter 13. When the CRM Fails -- Chapter 14. Stochastic Approximation.
- Drug absorption studies 2008, Springer
- Drug and biological development 2007, Springer
- Drug delivery systems 2008, Springer ProtocolsDrug delivery systems--an overview / Kewal K. Jain -- The role of the adeno-associated virus capsid in gene transfer / Kim M. Van Vliet ... [et al.] -- Delivering small interfering RNA for novel therapeutics / Patrick Y. Lu and Martin C. Woodle -- Catheters for chronic administration of drugs into brain tissue / Michael Guarnieri, Benjamin S. Carson, Sr., and George I. Jallo -- Transdermal drug delivery systems : skin perturbation devices / Marc B. Brown ... [et al.] -- Controlling the release of proteins/peptides via the pulmonary route / Sunday A. Shoyele -- Engineering protein particles for pulmonary drug delivery / Sunday A. Shoyele -- 2B-Trans technology : targeted drug delivery across the blood-brain barrier / Pieter J. Gaillard and Albertus G. de Boer -- Drug delivery in cancer using liposomes / Crispin R. Dass -- pH-responsive nanoparticles for cancer drug deliery / Youqing Shen ... [et al.] -- Extended-release oral drug delivery technologies : monolithic matrix systems / Sandip B. Tiwari and Ali R. Rajabi-Siahboomi.
- Drug delivery systems. 2nd ed. 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Drug discovery and evaluation 2006, SpringerSection I, Safety pharmacology: -- Introduction to safety pharmacology -- Status of safety pharmacology and present guidelines -- Central nervous system (CNS) safety pharmacology studies -- Methods in cardiovascular safety pharmacology -- Safety pharmacology of drugs for the urinary tract -- Respiratory function assays in safety pharmacology -- Metabolism pharmacology -- Peripheral nervous system -- Safety of intravenous and inhalation anesthetics -- Side effects of central analgesic drugs -- Safety pharmacology of antiinflammatory drugs -- Safety pharmacology of drugs with osteoarthritis-related activity -- Safety pharmacology of blood constituents -- Ocular toxicity tests -- Assays in endocrine safety pharmacology -- Safety assays in skin pharmacology -- Magnetic resonance imaging in pharmaceutical safety assessment --Section II, Safety pharmacokinetics: -- Introduction -- Physicochemical properties -- In-silico ADME modeling -- Absorption-in vitro tests-cell based -- Absorption-in vitro tests-non cell based -- Distribution-in vitro tests-protein binding -- Perfused organs -- Metabolism studies in vitro and in vivo -- Distribution-across barriers -- Drug-drug interaction-enzyme induction -- Drug-drug interaction-enzyme inhibition -- Absorption -- In vivo distribution -- Distribution-in vivo-other methods -- Bioanalytical assays-Toxicokinetics -- Bioanalytical assays-liquid chromatography coupled to tandem spectrometry -- Bioanalytical assays-gas chromatography -- Bioanalytical assays-RIA/EIA -- Clinical studies-typical designs -- Pharmacogenomics in DME -- Typical PK/PD approaches -- Population kinetics in drug development --Section III, Safety toxicology: -- Introduction -- International guidelines for the development of pharmaceutical compounds -- General toxicity -- In silico methods -- Alternative methods for carcinogenicity testing -- Genotoxicity -- Reproductive toxicology -- Application of toxicoproteomics in profiling drug effects.
- Drug discovery and evaluation 2011, Springer
- Drug interactions in infectious diseases. 3rd ed. 2011, SpringerIntroduction to Drug-Drug Interactions -- Mechanisms of Drug Interactions I: Absorption, Metabolism, and Excretion -- Mechanisms of Drug Interactions II: Transport Proteins -- Drug-Food Interactions -- Interactions Between Herbs and Antiinfective Medications -- Drug-Cytokine Interactions -- Beta-Lactam Antibiotics -- Macrolides, Azalides, and Ketolides -- Quinolones -- Glycopeptides, Lipopeptides, and Lipoglycopeptides -- Miscellaneous Antibiotics -- Drugs for Tuberculosis -- Drug Interactions with Antiretrovirals for HIV Infection -- Non-HIV Antiviral Agents -- Antifungal Agents -- Antimalarial Agents -- Antiprotozoal and Anthelmintic Agents -- Drug Interaction Considerations Throughout Drug Development -- Probe Cocktail Studies -- Design and Data Analysis in Drug Interaction Studies.
- Drug metabolism 2005, Springer
- Drug metabolism and pharmacokinetics quick guide 2011, Springer
- Drug metabolism and transport 2005, Springer ProtocolsRenal cytochrome P450s and flavin-containing monooxygenases : potential roles in metabolism and toxicity of 1,3-butadiene, trichloroethylene, and tetrachloroethylene / Adnan A. Elfarra -- Experimental approaches for the study of cytochrome P450 gene regulation / Hollie I. Swanson ... [et al.] -- Insulin and growth factor signaling : effects on drug metabolizing enzymes / Sang K. Kim, Kimberly J. Woodcroft, and Raymond F. Novak -- Catalytic function and expression of glutathione transferase zeta / Philip G. Board, M.W. Anders, and Anneke C. Blackburn -- Glucuronidation of fatty acids and prostaglandins by human udp glucuronosyltransferases / Anna Radominska-Pandya, Joanne M. Little and Arthur Bull -- Transcriptional regulation of UDP-glucuronosyltransferases / Anna Radominska-Pandya, Peter I. Mackenzie, and Wen Xie -- Phenotypic and genotypic characterization of n-acetylation / Craig K. Svensson and David W. Hein -- Methods and approaches to study metabolism and toxicity of acetaminophen / Sam A. Bruschi -- Modulation of drug metabolism and antiviral therapies / Bernhard H. Lauterburg -- Modulation of thiols and other low-molecular-weight cofactors : effects on drug metabolism and disease susceptibility / Charles V. Smith -- Multidrug resistance proteins and hepatic transport of endo- and xenobiotics / Phillip M. Gerk and Mary Vore -- Structural determinants of folate and antifolate membrane transport by the reduced folate carrier / Wei Cao and Larry H. Matherly -- Glutathione transport in the kidneys : experimental models, mechanisms, and methods / Lawrence H. Lash -- Human cytosolic sulfotransferases : properties, physiological functions, and toxicology / Charles N. Falany.
- Drug monitoring and clinical chemistry 2004, ScienceDirect
- Drug product development for the back of the eye 2011, Springer
- Drug residues in foods 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Drug resistance in cancer cells 2009, SpringerMultidrug Resistance Mediated by MDR-ABC Transporters / Gergely Szakács ... [et al.] -- Metastasis and Drug Resistance / Dominic Fan ... [et al.] -- The Role of Autophagy and Apoptosis in the Drug Resistance of Cancer / Tomohisa Yokoyama ... [et al.] -- Mechanisms of Resistance to targeted Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitors / Stacey J.Baker, E. Premkumar Reddy -- Targeting Transglutaminase-2 to overcome Chemoresistance in Cancer Cells / Kapil Mehta, Jansina Y. Fok -- Extracellular Matrix-Mediated Drug Resistance / P.S. Hodkinson, Tariq Sethi -- Oxidative Stress and Drug Resistance in Cancer / Dunyaporn Trachootham, Wan Zhang, Peng Huang -- Nuclear Factor-kB and Chemoresistance / Ajaikumar B.Kunnumakkara, Preetha Anand, Bharat B. Aggarwal -- Drug Resistance and the Tumor Suppressor p53 : The Paradox of Wild-Type Genotype in Chemorefractory Cancers / Zahid H. Siddik -- Resistance to Differentiation Therapy / Bulent Ozpolat -- MicroRNAs and Drug Resistance / Elisa Barbarotto, George A. Calin -- Molecular Signatures of Drug Resistance / Melissa A. Troester, Jason I. Herschkowitz, Katherine A. Hoadley -- Assessment of Drug Resistance in Anticancer Therapy by Nuclear Imaging / Natalie Charnley, Catharine West, Pat Price -- Overcoming Drug Resistance by Phytochemicals / Marion M. Chan, Dunne Fong.
- Drug safety evaluation 2009, Springer ProtocolsDeveloping Combination Drugs in Preclinical Studies / Alberto Lodola -- Preclinical Evaluation of Juvenile Toxicity / Paul C. Barrow, Stéphane Barbellion, Jeanne Stadler -- Necropsy and Sampling Procedures in Rodents / Laurence Fiette, Mohamed Slaoui -- Histopathology Procedures: From Tissue Sampling to Histopathological Evaluation / Mohamed Slaoui, Laurence Fiette -- Principles and Methods of Immunohistochemistry / José A. Ramos-Vara -- Tissue Microarrays and Digital Image Analysis / Denise Ryan, Laoighse Mulrane, Elton Rexhepaj, William M. Gallagher -- Micronucleus Assay and Labeling of Centromeres with FISH Technique / Ilse Decordier, Raluca Mateuca, Micheline Kirsch-Volders -- The Use of Bacterial Repair Endonucleases in the Comet Assay / Andrew R. Collins -- Manual Whole-Cell Patch-Clamping of the HERG Cardiac K+ Channel / Xiao-Liang Chen, Jiesheng Kang, David Rampe -- Generation and Analysis of Transcriptomics Data / Philip D. Glaves, Jonathan D. Tugwood -- Protocols of Two-Dimensional Difference Gel Electrophoresis to Investigate Mechanisms of Toxicity / Emmanuelle Com, Albrecht Gruhler, Martine Courcol, Jean-Charles Gautier -- Protocols and Applications of Cellular Metabolomics in Safety Studies Using Precision-Cut Tissue Slices and Carbon 13 NMR / Gabriel Baverel, Sophie Renault, Hassan Faiz, Maha Hage, Catherine Gauthier, Agnès Duplany, Bernard Ferrier, Guy Martin -- Statistical Analysis of Quantitative RT-PCR Results / Richard Khan-Malek, Ying Wang -- Evaluation of Mitochondrial Respiration in Cultured Rat Hepatocytes / Jean-Pierre Marchandeau, Gilles Labbe -- FETAX Assay for Evaluation of Developmental Toxicity / Isabelle Mouche, Laure Malesic, Olivier Gillardeaux -- Evaluation of Embryotoxicity Using the Zebrafish Model / Lisa Truong, Stacey L. Harper, Robert L. Tanguay -- Protocols of In Vitro Protein Covalent Binding Studies in Liver / Jean-François Lévesque, Stephen H. Day, Allen N. Jones -- Utilization of MALDI-TOF to Determine Chemical-Protein Adduct Formation In Vitro / Ashley A. Fisher, Matthew T. Labenski, Terrence J. Monks, Serrine S. Lau -- Utilization of LC-MS/MS Analyses to Identify Site-Specific Chemical Protein Adducts In Vitro / Ashley A. Fisher, Matthew T. Labenski, Terrence J. Monks, Serrine S. Lau / One-Dimensional Western Blotting Coupled to LC-MS/MS Analysis to Identify Chemical-Adducted Proteins in Rat Urine / Matthew T. Labenski, Ashley A. Fisher, Terrence J. Monks, Serrine S. Lau -- Identification of Chemical-Adducted Proteins in Urine by Multi-dimensional Protein Identification Technology (LC/LC-MS/MS) / Matthew T. Labenski, Ashley A. Fisher, Terrence J. Monks, Serrine S. Lau -- Optimization of SELDI for Biomarker Detection in Plasma / Jean-Francois Léonard, Martine Courcol, Jean-Charles Gautier -- Differential Proteomics Incorporating iTRAQ Labeling and Multi-dimensional Separations / Ben C. Collins, Thomas Y. Lau, Stephen R. Pennington, William M. Gallagher -- NMR and MS Methods for Metabonomics / Frank Dieterle, Björn Riefke, Götz Schlotterbeck, Alfred Ross, Hans Senn, Alexander Amberg -- Absolute Quantification of Toxicological Biomarkers by Multiple Reaction Monitoring / Thomas Y. Lau, Ben C. Collins, Peter Stone, Ning Tang, William M. Gallagher, Stephen R. Pennington.
- Drug transporters 2011, Springer
- Drug-induced liver disease. 3rd ed. 2013, ScienceDirectI. Mechanisms of liver injury. Drug-induced liver injury / Neil Kaplowitz -- Cytochrome P450 activation of toxins and hepatotoxicity / F. Peter Guengerich -- Mechanistic role of acyl glucuronides / Howard Horng, Hilde Spahn-Langguth, and Leslie Z. Benet -- Oxidant stress, antioxidant defense, and liver injury / Mitchell R. McGill and Hartmut Jaeschke -- Hepatotoxicity due to mitochondrial injury / John J. Lemasters -- Mechanisms of cell death and relevance to drug toxicity / Lily Dara, Derick Han, and Neil Kaplowitz -- Role of membrane transport in hepatotoxicity and pathogenesis of drug-induced cholestasis / Bruno Stieger and Gerd A. Kullak-Ublick -- Liver sinusoidal endothelial cells and liver injury / Laurie D. Deleve -- Macrophages and kupffer cells in drug-induced liver injury / Mark Barnes ... [et al.] -- Role of inflammation in drug-induced liver injury / Robert A. Roth and Patricia E. Ganey -- Role of the adaptive immmune system in idiosyncratic drug-induced liver injury / Jack Uetrecht -- Role of tissue repair and death proteins in liver injury / Harihara M. Mehendale -- Genetic factors in the pathogenesis of drug-induced liver injury / Ann K. Daly and Christopher P. Day -- II. Diagnosis and management. Clinical manifestations and management of drug-induced liver diseases / Willis C. Maddrey -- Histopathological evaluationof drug-induced liver disease / David E. Kleiner -- Risk factors for drug-induced liver disease / Raj Vuppalanchi and Maga Chalasani --Biomarkers for drug-induced liver injury / Paul B. Watkins -- Causality assessment / M. Isabel Lucena ... [et al.] -- III. Hepatotoxicity of specifid drugs. Mechanisms of acetaminophen-induced liver disease / Jack A. Hinson -- Acetaminophen / Laura P. James -- Mechanisms underlying the hepatotoxicity of nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs / Urs A. Boelsterli -- Nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs and leukotriene receptor antagonists / James H. Kewis and Jonathan G. Stine -- Mechanism, pathology, and clinical presentation of hepatotoxicity of anesthetic agents / J. Gerald Kenna -- Anticonvulsant agents / Munir Pirmohamed and J. Steven Leeder -- Hepatotoxicity of psychotropic drugs and drugs of abuse / Dominique Larrey and Marie-Pierre Ripault -- Hepatotoxicity of antimicrobials and antifungal agents / Richard H. Moseley -- Hepatotoxicity of antitubercular drugs / Sumita Verma and Neil Kaplowitz -- Hepatotoxicity of antiviral agents / Marina Núñez -- Hepatotoxicity of cardiovascular and antidiabetic drugs / Dina Halegoua-De Marzio and Victor J. Navarro -- Cancer chemotherpay / Laurie D. Deleve -- Hepatotoxicity of immunosuppressive drugs / Adrian Reuben -- Hepatotoxicity related to methotrexate / Guruprasad P. Aithal -- Adverse effects of hormones and hormone antagonists on the liver / Shivakumar Chitturi and Geoffrey C. Farrell -- Mushroom poisoning / François Durand and Dominique Valla --Hepatotoxicity of herbals and dietary supplements / Leonard Seeff, Felix Stickel, and Victor J. Navarro -- Occupational and environmental hepatotoxicity / Keith G. Tolman and Anthony S. Dalpiaz -- Chronic liver disease from drugs / Einar S. Björnsson -- IV. Future directions. Regulatory perspectives / Mark I. Avigan -- Drug-induced liver injury research networks / Robert J. Fontana -- LiverTox / Jay H. Hoofnagle.
- Drug-related problems in the elderly 2009, Springer
- Drugs compromising male sexual health 2008, SpringerMale sexual health -- Structure and physiology of the testis -- Introduction -- The spermatozoa -- Sperm motility -- Capacitation and acrosome reaction -- Fertilization of the oocyte -- Testing substances that compromise spermatogenesis and fertility (adapted from Creasy 1997) -- Testosterone production and testosterone effects -- Physiology of erection -- Introduction -- Role of androgens in erection -- Priapism -- Physiology of ejaculation -- Drugs which compromise male sexual health -- Adverse drug effects -- Male sexual health and drugs -- Drugs which compromise testicular function -- Drugs which compromise erectile function -- Drugs which compromise ejaculation -- Database of drugs.
- Drugs for HER2-positive breast cancer 2011, Springer
- Drugs in pregnancy and lactation. 9th ed. 2011, Ovid
- Emerging safety science 2008, NAP1. Introduction -- 2. Investigative Toxicology: The State of the Art -- 3. Screening Technologies I: Human Cell-Based Approaches -- 4. Screening Technologies II: Toxicogenomics -- 5. Screening Technologies III: Metabolomics -- 6. Screening Technologies IV: Pharmacogenetics -- 7. Qualifying Biomarkers -- 8. Pharmacovigilance -- 9. Integration -- 10. The Future of Safety Science.
- Enzyme- and transporter-based drug-drug interactions 2010, Springer
- Epigenetics and disease 2011, Springer
- Ethnomedicine and drug discovery 2002, ScienceDirectTherapeutic agents from ethnomedicine / Maurice M Iwu -- Drugs from nature : past achievements, future prospects / Gordon M Cragg and David J Newman -- Natural products for high-throughput screening / Alan L Harvey -- Medical ethnobotanical research as a method to identify bioactive plants to treat infectious diseases / Thomas JS Carlson -- Development of HerbMed : an interactive, evidence-based herbal database / Jacqueline C Wootton -- Natural products : a continuing source of inspiration for the medicinal chemist / S Mbua Ngale Efange -- Integrating African ethnomedicine into primary healthcare : a framework for south-eastern Nigeria / Chioma Obijiofor -- Current initiatives in the protection of indigenous and local community knowledge : problems, concepts and lessons for the future / Robert Lettington -- Bioprospecting : using Africa's genetic resources as a new basis for economic development and regional cooperation / Anthony Onugu -- Balancing conservation with utilization : restoring populations of commercially valuable medicinal herbs in forests and agroforests / Richard A Cech -- Ethnomedicine of the Cherokee : historical and current applications / Jody E Noé --Traditional medicines and the new paradigm of psychotropic drug action / Elaine Elisabetsky -- Drug discovery through ethnobotany in Nigeria : some results / Joseph I Okogun --Plants, products and people : southern African perspectives / Nigel Gericke -- Development of antimalarial agents and drugs for parasitic infections based on leads from traditional medicine : the Walter Reed experience / Brian G Schuster -- Health foods in anti-aging therapy : reducers of physiological decline and degenerative diseases / Lisa Meserole -- Indigenous peoples and local communities embodying traditional lifestyles : definitions under Article 8 (j) of the Convention on Biological Diversity / Katy Moran -- Garcinia kola : a new look at an old adaptogenic agent / Maurice M Iwu, Angela Duncan Diop, Lisa Meserole and Chris O Okunji -- Linking intellectual property rights with traditional medicine / Michael A Gollin -- The use of conservation trust funds for sharing financial benefits in bioprospecting projects / Marianne Guerin-McManus, Kent C Nnadozie and Sarah A Laird -- The regulation of botanicals as drugs and dietary supplements in Europe / Joerg Gruenwald -- Regulation of herbal medicines in Nigeria : the role of the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) / Gabriel E Osuide -- Considerations in the development of public standards for botanicals and their dosage forms / V Srini Srinivasan -- The Belize Ethnobotany Project : safeguarding medicinal plants and traditional knowledge in Belize / Michael J Balick, Rosita Arvigo, Gregory Shropshire, Jay Walker, David Campbell and Leopoldo Romero -- Ethnobotanical research into the 21st century / Susan Tarka Nelson-Harrison, Steven R King, Charles Limbach, Carey Jackson, Andrew Galiwango, Sirimani Kisingi Kato and BR Kanyerezi -- Ethnobotanical approach to pharmaceutical drug discovery : strengths and limitations / Maurice M Iwu.
- Ethnopharmacology of medicinal plants 2006, SpringerAnti-Inflammatory Plants -- Plants Affecting the Central Nervous System -- Plants for Chemotherapy of Neoplastic Diseases.
- FDA administrative enforcement manual 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Federal agency roles in cancer drug development from preclinical research to new drug approval 2005, NAP
- Fertility control 2010, SpringerPart 1. Female Reproduction -- New Insights into Ovarian Function / JoAnne S. Richards and Stephanie A. Pangas -- Estrogen Signaling in the Regulation of Female Reproductive Functions / J. K. Findlay, S. H. Liew, E. R. Simpson and K. S. Korach -- Progesterone Receptors and Ovulation / Orla M. Conneely -- Contraception Targets in Mammalian Ovarian Development / Eileen A. McLaughlin and Alexander P. Sobinoff -- Proteomics of Embryonic Implantation / T. Garrido-Gómez, F. Dominguez and C. Simón -- Evaluation of Plasma Membrane Calcium/Calmodulin-Dependent ATPase Isoform 4 as a Potential Target for Fertility Contro / Elizabeth J. Cartwright and Ludwig Neyses -- Part 2. Male Reproduction -- New Insights into Sperm Physiology and Pathology / R. John Aitken, Mark A. Baker, Geoffry N. De Iuliis and Brett Nixon -- The Epididymis as a Target for Male Contraceptive Development / B. T. Hinton and T. G. Cooper -- Sperm-Zona Pellucida Interaction: Molecular Mechanisms and the Potential for Contraceptive Intervention / Matthew D. Dun, Lisa A. Mitchell, R. John Aitken and Brett Nixon -- Mouse Models as Tools in Fertility Research and Male-Based Contraceptive Development / Duangporn Jamsai and Moira K. O'Bryan -- Part 3. New options: From target to product -- Male Hormonal Contraception / E. Nieschlag -- Family Planning: Today and in the Future / Michael J. K. Harper.
- Fighting multidrug resistance with herbal extracts, essential oils and their components 2013, ScienceDirectFighting Multidrug Resistance with Herbal Extracts, Essential Oils and their Components offers scientists a single source aimed at fighting specific multidrug-resistant (MDR) microorganisms such as bacteria, protozoans, viruses and fungi using natural products. This essential reference discusses herbal extracts and essential oils used or under investigation to treat MDR infections, as well as those containing antimicrobial activity that could be of potential interest in future studies against MDR microorganisms. The need to combat multidrug-resistant microorganisms is an urgent one and this book provides important coverage of mechanism of action, the advantages and disadvantages of using herbal extracts, essential oils and their components and more to aid researchers in effective antimicrobial drug discovery . Addresses the need to develop safe and effective approaches to coping with resistance to all classes of antimicrobial drugs . Provides readers with current evidence-based content aimed at using herbal extracts and essential oils in antimicrobial drug development . Includes chapters devoted to the activity of herbal products against herpes, AIDS, tuberculosis, drug-resistant cancer cells and more.
- Food-drug synergy and safety 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Fragment-based drug design 2011, ScienceDirect
- GABA receptors. 3rd ed. 2007, Springer
- Glutamate and GABA receptors and transporters 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Goodman & Gilman's The Pharmacological basis of therapeutics. 12th ed. 2011 (12th ed.), AccessMedicineDrug invention and the pharmaceutical industry -- Pharmacokinetics: the dynamics of drug absorption, distribution, metabolism, and elimination -- Pharmacodynamics: molecular mechanisms of drug action -- Drug toxicity and poisoning -- Membrane transporters and drug response -- Drug metabolism -- Pharmacogenetics -- Neurotransmission: the autonomic and somatic motor nervous systems -- Muscarinic receptor agonists and antagonists -- Anticholinesterase agents -- Agents acting at the neuromuscular junction and autonomic ganglia -- Adrenergic agonists and antagonists -- 5-Hydroxytryptamine (serotonin) and dopamine -- Neurotransmission and the central nervous system -- Drug therapy of depression and anxiety disorders -- Pharmacotherapy of psychosis and mania -- Hyponotics and sedatives -- -- Opioids, analgesia, and pain management -- General anesthetics and therapeutic gases -- Local anesthetics -- Pharmacotherapy of the epilepsies -- Treatment of central nervous system degenerative disorders -- Ethanol and methanol -- Drug addiction -- Regulation of renal function and vascular volume -- Renin and angiotensin -- Treatment of myocardial ischemia and hypertension -- Pharmacotherapy of congestive heart failure -- Anti-arrhythmic drugs -- Blood coagulation and anticoagulant, fibrinolytic, and antiplatelet drugs -- Drug therapy for hypercholesterolemia and dyslipidemia -- Histamine, bradykinin, and their antagonists -- Lipid-derived autacoids: eicosanoids and platelet-activating factor -- Anti-inflammatory, antipyretic, and analgesic agents; pharmacotherapy of gout -- Immunosuppressants, tolerogens, and immunostimulants -- Pulmonary pharmacology -- Hematopoietic agents: growth factors, minerals, and vitamins --Introduction to endocrinology: the hypothalamic-pituitary axis -- Thyroid and anti-thyroid drugs -- Estrogens and progestins -- Androgens -- ACTH, adrenal steroids, and pharmacology of the adrenal cortex -- Endocrine pancreas and pharmacotherapy of diabetes mellitus and hypoglycemia -- Agents affecting mineral ion homeostasis and bone turnover -- Pharmacotherapy of gastric acidity, peptic ulcers, and gastroesophageal reflux disease -- Treatment of disorders of bowel motility and water flux; anti-emetics; agents used in biliary and pancreatic disease -- Pharmacotherapy of inflammatory bowel disease -- General principles of antimicrobial therapy -- Chemotherapy of malaria -- Chemotherapy of protozoal infections: amebiasis, giardiasis, trichomoniasis, trypanosomiasis, leishmaniasis, and other protozoal infections -- Chemotherapy of helminth infections -- Sulfonamides, trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole, quinolones, and agents for urinary tract infections -- Penicillins, cephalosporins, and other β-lactam antibiotics -- Aminoglycosides -- Protein synthesis inhibitors and miscellaneous antibacterial agents -- Chemotherapy of tuberculosis, mycobacterium avium complex disease, and leprosy -- Antifungal agents -- Antiviral agents (nonretroviral) -- Antiretroviral agents and treatment of HIV infection -- General principles of cancer chemotherapy -- Cytotoxic agents -- Targeted therapies: tyrosine kinase inhibitors, monoclonal antibodies, and cytokines -- Natural products in cancer chemotherapy: hormones and related agents -- Ocular pharmacology -- Dermatological pharmacology -- Contraception and pharmacotherapy of obstetrical and gynecological disorders -- Environmental toxicology; carcinogens and heavy metals -- Appendix I: Principles of prescription order writing and patient compliance -- Appendix II: Design and optimization of dosage regimens: pharmacokinetic data.
- GPCRs 2007, Springer
- Handbook of combinatorial chemistry 2002, WileyPart I. General Aspects -- ch. 1. Combinatorial Chemistry in Perspective / K. C. Nicolaou, R. Hanko and W. Hartwig, p. 1-9 -- ch. 2. Introduction to Combinatorial Chemistry / David L. Coffen and Joachim E. A. Luithle, p. 10-23 -- ch. 3. Solid Phase and Soluble Polymers for Combinatorial Synthesis / Rainer Haag, André Hebel and Jean-François Stumbé, p. 24-58 -- ch. 4. Linkers for Solid-Phase Synthesis / Stefan Bräse and Stefan Dahmen, p. 59-169 -- ch. 5. Encoding Technologies / Thomas Krämer, Valery V. Antonenko, Reza Mortezaei and Nicolay V. Kulikov, p. 170-189 -- ch. 6. Instrumentation for Combinatorial Chemistry / Marcus Bauser and Hubertus Stakemeier, p. 190-224 -- Part II. Synthetic Chemistry -- ch. 7. Radical Reactions in Combinatorial Chemistry / A. Ganesan and Mukund P. Sibi, p. 225-246 -- ch. 8. Nucleophilic Substitution in Combinatorial and Solid-Phase Synthesis / Jan-Gerd Hansel and Stephan Jordan, p. 247-269 -- ch. 9. Electrophilic Substitution in Combinatorial and Solid-Phase Synthesis / Jan-Gerd Hansel and Stephan Jordan, p. 270-278 -- ch. 10. Elimination Chemistry in the Solution- and Solid-Phase Synthesis of Combinatorial Libraries / Demosthenes Fokas and Carmen Baldino, p. 279-304 -- ch. 11. Addition to CC Multiple Bonds (Except for CC Bond Formation / Adrian L. Smith, p. 305-321 -- ch. 12. Addition to Carbon-Hetero Multiple Bonds / Philipp Grosche, Jörg Rademann and Günther Jung, p. 322-345 -- ch. 13. Chemistry of the Carbonyl Group / Tobias Wunberg, p. 346-368 -- ch. 14. Oxidation Except CC Double Bonds / Henning Steinhagen, p. 369-386 -- ch. 15. Reductions in Combinatorial Synthesis / Christopher P. Corrette and Conrad W. Hummel, p. 387-439 -- ch. 16. Cycloadditions in Combinatorial and Solid-Phase Synthesis / Markus Albers and Thorsten Meyer, p. 440-469 -- ch. 17. Main Group Organometallics / Christopher Kallus, p. 470-491 -- ch. 18. Enolates and Related Species in Combinatorial and Solid-Phase Synthesis / Jochen Krüger, p. 492-530 -- ch. 19. Solid-Phase Palladium Catalysis for High-Throughput Organic Synthesis / Yasuhiro Uozumi and Tamio Hayashi, p. 531-584 -- ch. 20. Olefin Metathesis and Related Processes for CC Multiple Bond Formation / Florencio Zaragoza, p. 585-609 -- Part III. Special Synthetic Topics -- ch. 21. Solid-Phase Synthesis of Natural Products and Natural Product-Like Libraries / K. C. Nicolaou and Jeffrey A. Pfefferkorn, p. 611-642 -- ch. 22. Solid-Phase Synthesis of Heterocyclic Systems (Heterocycles Containing One Heteroatom / Roland E. Dolle, p. 643-684 -- ch. 23. Multicomponent Reactions / Arounarith Tuch and Stefan Wallé, p. 685-705 -- ch. 24. Strategies for Creating the Diversity of Oligosaccharides / Pamela Sears and Chi-Huey Wong, p. 706-722 -- Part IV. Molecular Design and Combinatorial Compound Libraries -- ch. 25. Design Criteria / Josef Pernerstorfer, p. 723-742 -- ch. 26. Estimation of Physicochemical and ADME Parameters / Michael W. Härter, Jörg Keldenich and Walter Schmitt, p. 743-760 -- ch. 27. Virtual Compound Libraries and Molecular Modeling / Roger M. Brunne, Gerhard Hessler and Ingo Muegge, p. 761-783 -- ch. 28. Erythropoietin Sensitizer - A Case Study / Berthold Hinzen, Gabriele Bräunlich, Christoph Gerdes, Thomas Krämer, Klemens Lustig, Ulrich Nielsch, Michael Sperzel and Josef Pernerstorfer, p. 784-805 -- ch. 29. Estimation of Stability and Shelf Life for Compounds, Libraries, and Repositories in Combination with Systematic Discovery of New Rearrangement Pathways / Ferenc Darvas, György Dorman, Tamás Karancsi, Tamás Nagy and István Bágyi, p. 806-828 -- Part V. Novel Applications of Combinatorial Chemistry -- ch. 30. Concepts of Combinatorial Chemistry in Process Development / Markus Eckert and Ulrich Notheis, p. 829-863 -- ch. 31. High-Throughput Screening Applied to Process Development / Oliver Brümmer, Bernd Jandeleit, Tetsuo Uno and W. Henry Weinberg, p. 864-884 -- ch. 32. Combinatorial Methods in Catalysis / Bill Archibald, Oliver Brümmer, Martin Devenney, Sasha Gorer, Bernd Jandeleit, Tetsuo Uno, W. Henry Weinberg and Thomas Weskamp, p. 885-990 -- ch. 33. Diversity-Based Identification of Efficient Homochiral Organometallic Catalysts for Enantioselective Synthesis / Amir H. Hoveyda, p. 991-1016 -- ch. 34. Combinatorial Aspects of Materials Science / Bill Archibald, Oliver Brümmer, Martin Devenney, Daniel M. Giaquinta, Bernd Jandeleit, W. Henry Weinberg and Thomas Weskamp, p. 1017-1062 -- ch. 35. Reprogramming Combinatorial Biology for Combinatorial Chemistry / Sean V. Taylor, p. 1063-1097.
- Handbook of drug interactions. 2nd ed. 2012, Springer
- Handbook of drug monitoring methods 2008, SpringerIntroduction to therapeutic drug monitoring. -- Monitoring free drug concentration. -- Analytical techniques for measuring concentrations of therapeutic drugs in biological fluids. -- The pre-analytical phase of drug testing: from specimen collection to analysis. -- Effect of hemolysis, high bilirubin, lipemia, paraproteins, and system factors on therapeutic drug monitoring. -- Digoxin: so many interferences and how to eliminate them. -- Interferences with measurement of anticonvulsants. -- Pitfalls in measuring antidepressant drugs. -- Immunosuppressive drugs: pharmacokinetics, preanalytic variables, and analytical considerations. -- Therapeutic drug monitoring in human immunodeficiency virus/acquired immunodeficiency syndrome. -- Pharmacogenetics and personalized medicine: issues and methodology. -- Interference of heterophilic and other antibodies in measurement of therapeutic drugs by immunoassays. -- Drug-herb and drug-food interactions: impact on therapeutic drug monitoring. -- Toxic element testing with clinical specimens. -- Alcohol testing. -- Introduction to drugs of abuse testing. -- Urinary adulterants and drugs of abuse testing. -- Hair, oral fluid, sweat, and meconium testing for drugs of abuse: advantages and pitfalls. -- Abused and designer drugs and how they escape detection. -- Interpretation of amphetamines screening and confirmation testing. -- Clinical false-positive drug test results. -- Providing expert witness for alcohol and positive drugs of abuse test results.
- Handbook of isolation and characterization of impurities in pharmaceuticals 2003, ScienceDirect
- Handbook of modern pharmaceutical analysis 2001, ScienceDirectModern pharmaceutical analysis : an overview / S. Ahuja -- Combinatorial chemistry and high-throughput screening in drug discovery and development / Ken Appell, John J. Baldwin and William J. Egan -- Solid-state analysis / Harry G. Brittain -- Degradation and impurity analysis for pharmaceutical drug candidates / Karen M. Alsante, Robert C. Friedmann, Todd D. Hatajik, Linda L. Lohr, Thomas R. Sharp, Kimberly D. Snyder and Edward J. Szczesny -- Preformulation studies / Edward Lau -- Solid dosage-form analysis / Philip J. Palermo -- Parenteral dosage forms / Gregory A. Birrer, Satya S. Murthy, Jie Liu and Judy Estrada -- New drug delivery systems / David C. Pang -- Compendial testing / Christine F. Richardson -- Method development / Henrik T. Rasmussen -- Setting up specifications / Ian E. Davidson -- Validation of pharmaceutical test methods / Jonathan B. Crowther -- Stability studies / Jessica Cha, Joseph S. Ranweiler and Philip A. Lane -- Analytical methodology transfer / Stephen Scypinski -- Pharmaceutical analysis documentation / Hitesh Chokshi and Kathleen Schostack -- An innovative separation platform : electrophoretic microchip technology / Lian Ji Jin, Jerome Ferrance, Zhili Huang and James P. Landers.
- Handbook of neuroemergency clinical trials 2006, ScienceDirectFulltext ScienceDirectAcute ischemic stroke / Christopher Bladin and Stephen Davis -- Subarachnoid hemorrhage / Nader Pouratian, Aaron S. Dumont, and Neal F. Kassell -- Spontaneous intracerebral hemorrhage / Michael D. Hill -- Traumatic brain injury / Wayne M. Alves and Lawrence F. Marshall -- Acute seizures and status epilepticus / Susan Herman -- Clinical trials in neuro-ophthalmology / Madhura Tamhankar and Laura Balcer -- Brain resuscitation / Edwin Nemoto and Charles C. King -- Clinical trials in brain injury after cardiac arrest / Romergryko G. Geocadin and Daniel F. Hanley -- Efficient dose-response finding strategies for acute neuroemergency treatments / Tom Parke ... [et al.] -- Biostatistical issues in neuroemergency clinical trials / Wayne M. Alves -- Data safety and monitoring board: role in acute neurological trials / Brett E. Skolnick -- Role of a project medical officer in acute neuroemergency clinical trials / Joseph A. Kwentus -- Ethical considerations in neuroemergency clinical trials / Wayne M. Alves -- Industry perspective on drug development / Thomas C. Wessel and Christopher Gallen -- Regulatory perspective / Lisa L. Travis.
- Handbook of pediatric cardiovascular drugs 2008, Springer
- Handbook of pharmaceutical analysis by HPLC 2005, ScienceDirect
- Handbook of stability testing in pharmaceutical development 2009, Springer
- Helping parents, youth, and teachers understand medications for behavioral and emotional problems. 3rd ed. 2007, PsychiatryOnline
- Herbal products. 2nd ed. 2007, SpringerPreface --Contributors --ch 1.Ma huang and the ephedra alkaloids /Steven B. Karch --ch. 2.Kava /Douglas D. Glover --ch. 3.Ginkgo biloba /Timothy S. Tracy --ch. 4.Valerian /Brian J. Isetts --ch. 5.St. John's wort /Dean Filandrinos,Thomas R. Yentsch,andKatie L. Meyers --ch. 6.Echinacea /Daniel BerknerandLeo Sioris --ch. 7.Feverfew /Richard L. Kingston --ch. 8.Garlic /Leslie HelouandIla M. Harris --ch. 9.Ginger /Douglas D. Glover --ch. 10.Saw palmetto /Timothy S. Tracy --ch. 11.Panax ginseng /Timothy S. Tracy --ch. 12.Cranberry /Timothy S. Tracy --ch. 13.Hawthorn /Timothy S. Tracy --ch. 14.Evening primrose /Margaret B. Artz --ch. 15.Citrus aurantium /Anders Westanmo --ch. 16.Vitex agnus-castus /Margaret B. Artz --ch. 17.Billberry /Timothy S. Tracy --Index.
- High content screening 2006, Springer Protocols
- High throughput analysis for early drug discovery 2004, ScienceDirect
- High throughput bioanalytical sample preparation 2003, ScienceDirect
- High throughput screening 2002, Springer Protocols
- Hooked 2007The Good, the bad, and the ugly : a story of two medications -- An Ethical framework -- The Pharmaceutical industry and the free market -- Patents, generic drugs, and academic science -- Research and profits -- Suppression of research data -- The Quality of pharmaceutical research -- The Drug rep: historical background -- The Drug rep today -- The Influence of drug reps: what the data show -- Continuing medical education -- Professional organizations and journal advertising -- The Industry and the consumer -- The FDA: from patent medicines to AIDS drugs -- The FDA and the industry, 1990-2004 -- Solutions: the management and divestment strategies -- Solutions requiring enhanced professionalism in medicine -- Solutions requiring regulatory reform.
- HPLC method development for pharmaceuticals 2007, ScienceDirect
- Identification and quantification of drugs, metabolites and metabolizing enzymes by LC-MS. 1st ed. 2005, ScienceDirect
- Imaging in drug discovery and early clinical trials 2005, Springer
- Imaging in drug discovery and early clinical trials 2005, Springer
- Immunogenicity of biopharmaceuticals 2008, Springer
- Immunopharmacology 2008, Springer
- Immunotoxicology and immunopharmacology. 3rd ed. 2007, CRCnetBASE
- In silico technologies in drug target identification and validation 2006, CRCnetBASEPattern matching / Scott Markel and Vinodh N. Rajapakse -- Tools for computational protein annotation and function assignment / Jaume M. Canaves -- The impact of genetic variation on drug discovery and development / Michael R. Barnes -- Mining of gene expression data / Aedin Culhane and Alvis Brazma -- Text mining / Bruce Gomes, William Hayes, and Raf Podowski -- Pathways and networks / Eric Minch and Ivayla Vatcheva -- Molecular interactions: learning from protein complexes / Ana Rojas, David de Juan, and Alfonso Valencia -- In silico siRNA design / Darryl León -- Predicting protein subcellular localization using intelligent systems / Rajesh Nair and Burkhard Rost -- Three-dimensional structures in target discovery and validation / Seán I. O'Donoghue, Robert B. Russell, and Andrea Schafferhans -- Comparative genomics / Viviane Siino, Bruce Pascal, and Christopher Sears -- Pharmacogenomics / Bahram Ghaffarzadeh Kermani -- Target identification and validation using human simulation models / Seth Michelson, Didier Scherrer, and Alex L. Bangs -- Using protein targets for in silico structure-based drug discovery / Tad Hurst -- Database management / Arek Kasprzyk and Damian Smedley -- BioIT hardware configuration / Philip Miller -- BioIT architecture: software architecture for bioinformatics research / Michael Dickson -- Workflows and data pipelines / Michael Peeler -- Ontologies / Robin A. McEntire and Robert Stevens.
- Indian medicinal plants 2007, Springer
- Industrial pharmaceutical biotechnology 2002, Wileych. 1. Introduction to Functional Biotechnology, p. 1-72 -- ch. 2. Organizational Structures, p. 73-76 -- ch. 3. Markets and Factors, p. 77-78 -- ch. 4. Biotechnology and Medicine, p. 79-116 -- ch. 5. Drug Discovery, p. 117-144 -- ch. 6. Molecular Pharma-Biotechnology, p. 145-194 -- ch. 7. Research and Development, p. 195-200 -- ch. 8. Pharmaceutical Production, p. 201-238 -- ch. 9. Safety, p. 239-240 -- ch. 10. Environment, p. 241-243 -- ch. 11. Ethics, p. 245-246 -- ch. 12. Companies, Institutes, Networks, and Organizations, p. 247-261.
- Insulin-like growth factors and cancer 2012, SpringerEpidemiology of IGF-1 and cancer / Katharina Nimptsch and Eward Giovannucci -- Aging and cancer : the IGF- I connection / Kalina Biernacka, Claire Perks, and Jeff Holly -- Obesity, type 2 diabetes and cancer / Rosalyn D. Ferguson and Derek LeRoith -- IGF system and breast cancer / Marc A. Becker and Douglas Yee -- The role of insulin-like growth factor signaling in prostate cancer development and progression / Bruce Montgomery, James Dean, and Stephen Plymate -- IGF-1 cellular action and its relationship to cancer : evidence from in vitro and in vivo studies / Rosalyn D. Ferguson ... [et al.] -- Insulin-like growth factor signaling in pediatric sarcomas / Xiaolin Wan, Su Young Kim, and Lee J. Helman -- Cancer genes, tumor suppressors, and regulation of IGF1-R gene expression in cancer / Haim Werner ... [et al.] -- Mouse models of IGF-1R and cancer / Craig I. Campbell, James J. Petrik, and Roger A. Moorehead -- Targeting the insulin-like growth factor-I receptor in cancer therapy / David R. Clemmons -- Targeting insulin-like growth factor receptor 1 (IGF-1R) and insulin receptor signaling by tyrosine kinase inhibitors in cancer / Joan M. Carboni, Mark Wittman, and Fei Huang -- Calories and cancer : the role of insulin-like growth factor-1 / Stephen D. Hursting ... [et al.] -- Cancer cell metabolism / Akash Patnaik, Jason W. Locasale, and Lewis C. Cantley -- Overlaps between the insulin and IGF-I receptor and cancer / Antonino Belfiore and Roberta Malaguarnera.
- Interactions of yeasts, moulds, and antifungal agents 2012, SpringerAntifungal agents -- Antifungal susceptibility testing: Clinical Laboratory and Standards Institute (CLSI) methods -- Antifungal susceptibility testing methods: non-CLSI methods for yeast and moulds -- Susceptibility testing of dermatophytes -- Usual susceptibility patterns of common yeasts -- Usual susceptibility patterns of common moulds and systemic fungi -- Usual susceptibility patterns for systemic dimorphic fungi -- Utility of antifungal susceptibility testing and clinical correlations.
- Interferon methods and protocols 2005, Springer Protocols
- Introduction to pharmacology. 2nd ed. 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Key statistical concepts in clinical trials for pharma 2012, Springer
- Lead molecules from natural products 2006, ScienceDirectReverse pharmacognosy : a new concept for accelerating natural drug discovery / Quoc-Tuan Do and Philippe Bernard -- Effects of plant extracts on gene expression profiling : from macroarrays to microarray technology / Carlo Mischiati, Alessia Sereni, Mahmud Tareq Hassan Khan, Ilaria Lampronti and Roberto Gambari -- Effects of medicinal plant extracts on molecular interactions between DNA and transcription factors / Ilaria Lampronti, Mahmud Tareq Hassan Khan, Nicoletta Bianchi, Giordana Feriotto, Carlo Mischiati, Monica Borgatti and Roberto Gambari -- Plants with antitumor properties : from biologically active molecules to drugs / Ilaria Lampronti, Mahmud Tareq Hassan Khan, Nicoletta Bianchi, Elisabetta Lambertini, Roberta Piva, Monica Borgatti and Roberto Gambari -- Herbal extracts and compounds active against herpes simplex virus / Kenneth D. Thompson -- Pharmacological modulation of cough reflex / Gabriela Nosalova, Juraj Mokry and Sona Franova -- Phytotherapy of cough / Sona Franova, Gabriela Nosalova and Juraj Mokry -- The medicinal potential of black seed (Nigella sativa) and its components / Hala Gali-Muhtasib, Nahed El-Najjar and Regine Schneider-Stock -- Cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitors from natural sources : recent advances and future prospects for cancer treatment / Hala Gali-Muhtasib -- Anticancer and medicinal properties of essential oil and extracts of East Mediterranean sage (salvia triloba) / Hala Gali-Muhtasib -- Marine organisms from Brazil as source of potential anticancer agents / Letícia Veras Costa-Lotufo, Cláudia Pessoa, Maria Elisabete A. Moraes, Adaíla Marta Paixão Almeida, Manoel Odorico de Moraes and Tito Monteiro da Cruz Lotufo -- Anticancer potential of Northeast Brazilian plants / Cláudia Pessoa, Letícia Veras Costa-Lotufo, Albert Leyva, Maria Elisabete Amaral de Moraes and Manoel Odorico de Moraes --Safety and efficacy of phytomedicines / Manoel Odorico de Moraes, Fernando Antônio Frota Bezerra, Letícia Veras Costa-Lotufo, Cláudia Pessoa and Maria Elisabete Amaral de Moraes -- Pharmacological and biochemical profiling of lead compounds from traditional remedies : the case of Croton cajucara / Maria Aparecida M. Maciel, Tereza Neuma C. Dantas, Janaína Keila P. Câmara, Angelo C. Pinto, Valdir F. Veiga Jr., Carlos R. Kaiser, Nuno A. Pereira, Cristina M.T.S. Carneiro, Frederico A. Vanderlinde, Antônio J. Lapa, Aniele R. Agner, Ilce M.S. Cólus, Juliana Echevarria-Lima, Noema F. Grynberg, Andressa Esteves-Souza, Kenia Pissinate and Aurea Echevarria -- Antihypertensive peptides from natural resources / Toshiro Matsui and Kiyoshi Matsumoto -- Xanthones as therapeutic agents : chemistry and pharmacology / Noungoue Tchamo Diderot, Ngouela Silvere and Tsamo Etienne -- Inhibition of immunodeficiency type-1 virus (HIV-1) life cycle by medicinal plant extracts and plant-derived compounds / Roberto Gambari and Ilaria Lampronti -- Anticancer properties of saffron, Crocus sativus Linn. / José-Antonio Fernández -- Lead compounds and drug candidates from some Turkish plants for human health / İlkay Orhan and Bilge Şener -- Molecular design of multifunctional anti-Salmonella agents based on natural products / Isao Kubo, Ken-ichi Fujita, Ken-ichi Nihei and Aya Kubo -- Plant growth inhibitory activities by secondary metabolites isolated from Latin American flora / Carlos L Céspedes, Juan C Marín, Mariana Domínguez, J Guillermo Avila and Blanca Serrato -- Metabolomics : systematic studies of the metabolic profiling / Mahmud Tareq Hassan Khan and Arjumand Ather.
- Leading pharmaceutical innovation. 2nd ed. 2008, Springer
- Marijuana and cannabinoid research 2005, Springer Protocols
- Marijuana and the cannabinoids 2007, SpringerCannabis and natural cannabis medicines / Robert C. Clarke and David P. Watson -- Chemistry and analysis of phytocannabinoids and other cannabis constituents / Rudolf Brenneisen -- Chemical fingerprinting of cannabis as a means of source identification / Mahmoud A. ElSohly, Donald F. Stanford, and Timothy P. Murphy -- Marijuana smoke condensate: chemistry and pharmacology / Hala N. ElSohly and Mahmoud A. ElSohly -- Pharmacology of cannabinoids / Lionel P. Raymon and H. Chip Walls -- The endocannabinoid system and the therapeutic potential of cannabinoids / Billy R. Martin -- Immunoassays for the detection of cannabis abuse: technologies, development strategies, and multilevel applications / Jane S-C. Tsai -- Mass spectrometric methods for determination of cannabinoid physiological specimens / Rodger L. Foltz -- Human cannabinoid pharmacokinetics and interpretation of cannabinoid concentrations in biological fluids and tissues / Marilyn A. Huestis and Michael L. Smith -- Medical and health consequences of marijuana / Jag H. Khalsa -- Effects of marijuana on the lung and immune defenses / Donald P. Tashkin and Michael D. Roth -- Marijuana and driving impairment / Barry K. Logan -- Postmortem considerations / Steven B. Karch -- Cannabinoid effects on biopsychological, neuropsychiatric and neurological processes / Richard E. Musty.
- Mechanisms of insulin action 2007, SpringerInsulin and IGF-I receptor structure and binding mechanism / Pierre de Meyts ... [et al.] -- Subcellular compartmentalization of insulin signaling processes and GLUT4 trafficking events / Robert T. Watson ... [et al.] -- Regulation of insulin action and insulin secretion by snare-mediated vesicle exocytosis / Debbie C. Thurmond -- Control of protein synthesis by insulin / Joseph F. Christian and John C. Lawrence -- Hepatic regulation of fuel metabolism / Catherine Clark and Christopher B. Newgard -- Insulin action gene regulation / Calum D. Sutherland, Richard M. O'Brien, and Daryl K. Granner -- Insulin action in the islet B-cell / Rohit N. KulkarnI -- Central regulation of insulin sensitivity / Silvana Obici and Luciano Rossetti -- Transgenic models of impaired insulin signaling / Francesco Oriente and Domenico Accili -- Insulin resistance / C. Hamish Courtney and Jerrold M. Olefsky.
- Medicinal chemistry. 3rd ed. 2005, MyiLibrary
- Medicinal plants 2006, CRCnetBASEA unified and single-source reference book providing significant data on a wide spectrum of medicinal herbs practiced worldwide and their chemical ingredients. 350 plants are dealt with in detail dovetailing their distinguishing botanical characters, chemical components and biomarkers of all the useful parts, authentic medicinal properties and the pharmacological actions they elicit. Constituent compounds have been grouped according to their natural product classification. This book is intended to oncompass an in-depth coverage of the chemistry of "Plant Products" such as alkaloids, terponoids, phenolics, etc. Emerging trends like aromatherapy and antioxidant therapy are discussed and a user's guide is appended at the end.--excerpted from book jacket.
- Medicinal plants of Asia and the Pacific 2006, CRCnetBASEMedicinal plants classified in the family Annonaceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Myristicaceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Lauraceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Piperaceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Aristolochiaceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Nympheaceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Menispermaceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Polygonaceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Myrsinaceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Ebenaceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Bombacaceae --Medicinal plants classified in the family Elaeocarpaceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Capparaceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Flacourtiaceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Passifloraceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Cucurbitaceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Connaraceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Anisophylleaceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Rosaceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Thymeleaceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Melastomataceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Rhizophoraceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Olacaceae --Medicinal plants classified in the family Icacinaceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Euphorbiaceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Sapindaceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Anacardiaceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Simaroubaceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Meliaceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Rutaceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Loganiaceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Gentianaceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Apocynaceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Asclepiadaceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Solanaceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Verbenaceae.
- Medicinal plants of the world. v. 1-3 v. 3, 2005., Springer
- Membrane transporters 2003, Springer Protocols
- Chapter 1. ₃Li Lithium Metallotherapeutics / Robin S.B. Williams and Adrian J. Harwood, p. 1-17 -- Chapter 2. ₅B Boron Compounds as Therapeutic Drugs / Geeta Rana, Kamesh Vyakaranam, John A. Maguire and Narayan S. Hosmane, p. 19-49 -- Chapter 3. ₁₂Mg The Role of Magnesium As a Metallotherapeutic Drug / Pietro Delva, p. 51-64 -- Chapter 4. ₁₃Al Aluminum Metallotherapeutics / Thanos Salifoglou, p. 65-82 -- Chapter 5. ₁₄Si Biological Activity of Organosilicon Compounds / Edmunds Lukevics and Luba Ignatovich, p. 83-107 -- Chapter 6. ₂₀Ca The Role of Calcium As a Metallotherapeutic Drug / Mario Barbagallo and Ligia J. Dominguez, p. 109-124 -- Chapter 7. ₂₂Ti Anti-Tumor Titanium Drugs / Erich Dubler, p. 125-142 -- Chapter 8. ₂₃V Insulin-Mimetic Vanadium-Containing Compounds / Tamás Kiss and Tamás Jakusch, p. 143-158 -- Chapter 9. ₂₅Mn Manganese Metallotherapeutics / Jeanne H. Freeland-Graves, Tanushree Bose and Abbass Karbassian, p. 159-178 -- Chapter 10. ₂₆Fe The Use of Iron-Based Drugs in Medicine / Xiang Wu and Mei Lin Go, p. 179-200 -- Chapter 11. ₂₇Co Cobalt Complexes As Potential Pharmaceutical Agents / Hui Chao and Liang-Nian Ji, p. 201-218 -- Chapter 12. ₂₉Cu Chemotherapeutic Copper Compounds / Francisco González-Vílchez and Rosario Vilaplana, p. 219-236 -- Chapter 13. ₃₀Zn The Role of Zinc As a Metallotherapeutic Agent / Jane V. Higdon and Emily Ho, p. 237-257 -- Chapter 14. ₃₁Ga Therapeutic Gallium Compounds / Lawrence R. Bernstein, p. 259-277 -- Chapter 15. ₃₂Ge Biological Activity of Organogermanium Compounds / Edmunds Lukevics and Luba Ignatovich, p. 279-295 -- Chapter 16. ₃₃As Metallotherapeutic Arsenic Compounds / Paul C. Ho, p. 297-311 -- Chapter 17. ₃₄Se The Use of Selenium-Based Drugs in Medicine / Michael Carland and Tahli Fenner, p. 313-332 -- Chapter 18. ₄₃Tc Technetium in Medicine / Oyebola O. Sogbein and John F. Valliant, p. 333-358 -- Chapter 19. ₄₄Ru Perspectives of Ruthenium Complexes in Cancer Therapy / Olivier Lentzen, Cécile Moucheron and Andrée Kirsch-De Mesmaeker, p. 359-378 -- Chapter 20. ₄₅Rh Rhodium in Medicine / Florian P. Pruchnik, p. 379-397 -- Chapter 21. ₄₆Pd The Use of Palladium Complexes in Medicine / Achilleas Garoufis, Sotiris K. Hadjikakou and Nick Hadjiliadis, p. 399-419 -- Chapter 22. ₅₀Sn Tin Compounds and Their Therapeutic Potential / Marcel Gielen and Edward R.T. Tiekink, p. 421-439 -- Chapter 23. ₅₁Sb Antimony in Medicine / Siucheong Yan, Lan Jin and Hongzhe Sun, p. 441-461 -- Chapter 24. ₇₅Re Therapeutic Rhenium Radiopharmaceuticals / Jonathan R. Dilworth and Paul S. Donnelly, p. 463-487 -- Chapter 25. ₇₈Pt Platinum-Based Drugs / Viktor Brabec and Jana Kasparkova, p. 489-506 -- Chapter 26. ₇₉Au Gold-Based Metallotherapeutics: Use and Potential / Soo Yei Ho and Edward R.T. Tiekink, p. 507-527 -- Chapter 27. ₈₃Bi Bismuth-Based Pharmaceuticals / Neil Burford and Melanie D. Eelman, p. 529-540 -- Chapter 28. Paramagnetic Metal Complexes As Contrast Agents for Magnetic Resonance Imaging / Silvio Aime, Alessandro Barge, Eliana Gianolio, Simonetta Geninatti Crich, Walter Dastrú and Fulvio Uggeri, p. 541-560.
- Methylxanthines 2011, SpringerNotes on the History of Caffeine Use / Bertil B. Fredholm -- Distribution, Biosynthesis and Catabolism of Methylxanthines in Plants / Hiroshi Ashihara, Misako Kato and Alan Crozier -- Pharmacokinetics and Metabolism of Natural Methylxanthines in Animal and Man / Maurice J. Arnaud -- Inhibition of Cyclic Nucleotide Phosphodiesterases by Methylxanthines and Related Compounds / Sharron H. Francis, Konjeti R. Sekhar, Hengming Ke and Jackie D. Corbin -- Methylxanthines and Ryanodine Receptor Channels / Serge Guerreiro, Marc Marien and Patrick P. Michel -- Xanthines as Adenosine Receptor Antagonists / Christa E. Müller and Kenneth A. Jacobson -- Theobromine and the Pharmacology of Cocoa / Hendrik Jan Smit -- Propentofylline: Glial Modulation, Neuroprotection, and Alleviation of Chronic Pain / Sarah Sweitzer and Joyce De Leo -- Methylxanthines, Seizures, and Excitotoxicity / Detlev Boison --Impacts of Methylxanthines and Adenosine Receptors on Neurodegeneration: Human and Experimental Studies / Jiang-Fan Chen and Yijuang Chern -- Methylxanthines and Pain / Jana Sawynok -- Methylxanthines and Sleep / Tarja Porkka-Heiskanen -- Methylxanthines and Reproduction / Alba Minelli and Ilaria Bellezza -- Methylxanthines During Pregnancy and Early Postnatal Life / Ulrika Ådén -- Methylxanthines and the Kidney / Hartmut Osswald and Jürgen Schnermann -- The Cardiovascular Effects of Methylxanthines / Niels P. Riksen, Paul Smits and Gerard A. Rongen -- Methylxanthines in Asthma / Stephen L. Tilley -- Methylxanthines and Inflammatory Cells / György Haskó and Bruce Cronstein -- Methylxanthines, Inflammation, and Cancer: Fundamental Mechanisms / Akio Ohta and Michail Sitkovsky -- Methylxanthines and Drug Dependence: A Focus on Interactions with Substances of Abuse / Micaela Morelli and Nicola Simola -- Methylxanthines and Human Health: Epidemiological and Experimental Evidence / Marie-Soleil Beaudoin and Terry E. Graham.
- Microbial genomics and drug discovery 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Modern anesthetics 2008, Springer
- Molecular bases of anesthesia 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Molecular chaperones in health and disease 2006, Springer
- Molecular, clinical, and environmental toxicology. Volume 3, Environmental toxicology 2012, SpringerChemical Hazards in the Organisation / Chris Winder -- Toxicology of Water / Xiaowei Zhang, Steve Wiseman and John Giesy -- Perfluorinated Compounds / Christopher Lau -- Toxicologically Relevant Phthalates in Food / Oliver Kappenstein, Bärbel Vieth, Andreas Luch and Karla Pfaff -- Exposure to Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons: Bulky DNA Adducts and Cellular Responses / Frank Henkler, Kristin Stolpmann and Andreas Luch -- Heavy Metal Toxicity and the Environment / Paul B. Tchounwou, Clement G. Yedjou, Anita K. Patlolla and Dwayne J. Sutton -- Toxicology of Ambient Particulate Matter / Damiën van Berlo, Maja Hullmann and Roel P. F. Schins -- Nanomaterials: A Challenge for Toxicological Risk Assessment? / Andrea Haase, Jutta Tentschert and Andreas Luch -- Immunotoxicology and Its Application in Risk Assessment /; Andrew A. Rooney, Robert W. Luebke, MaryJane K. Selgrade and Dori R. Germolec.; Chemical Sensitization and Allergotoxicology / Rosette L. Van Den Heuvel, Nathalie Lambrechts, Sandra Verstraelen, Inge C. Nelissen and Greet E. R. Schoeters -- Male Reprotoxicity and Endocrine Disruption / Sarah Campion, Natasha Catlin, Nicholas Heger, Elizabeth V. McDonnell and Sara E. Pacheco, et al. -- Interspecies Uncertainty in Molecular Responses and Toxicity of Mixtures / Moiz M. Mumtaz and Hana R. Pohl -- Recent Trends in Statistical QSAR Modeling of Environmental Chemical Toxicity / Alexander Tropsha -- Chirality and Its Role in Environmental Toxicology / Imran Ali, Hassan Y. Aboul-Enein, Mohd Marsin Sanagi and Wan Aini Wan Ibrahim -- Genetic Variability in Molecular Responses to Chemical Exposure / Chirag J. Patel and Mark R. Cullen -- Biomarkers in Toxicology and Risk Assessment / Bruce A. Fowler -- A Personalized Life: Biomarker Monitoring from Cradle to Grave / Harald Jungnickel and Andreas Luch -- On the Role of Low-Dose Effects and Epigenetics in Toxicology / Lena Smirnova, Alexandra Sittka and Andreas Luch -- Hormesis: Improving Predictions in the Low-Dose Zone / E. J. Calabrese.
- Multifunctional pharmaceutical nanocarriers 2008, Springer
- Muscarinic receptors 2012, SpringerMuscarinic receptor pharmacology and signaling -- Overview of muscarinic receptor subtypes -- Structure-function studies of muscarinic acetylcholine receptors -- Polymorphisms in human muscarinic receptor subtype genes -- Muscarinic receptor trafficking -- Physiological role of G-protein coupled receptor phosphorylation -- Novel muscarinic receptor mutant mouse models -- Muscarinic receptors in the CNS -- Muscarinic receptor pharmacology and circuitry for the modulation of cognition -- Muscarinic agonists and antagonists in schizophrenia -- Muscarinic pain pharmacology: realizing the promise of novel anagesics by overcoming old challenges -- Muscarinic modulation of striatal function and circuitry -- Muscarinic receptors in brain stem and mesopontine cholinergic arousal functions -- Muscarinic receptors in autonomic effector organs -- Muscarinic receptor agonists and antagonists: effects on ocular function -- Muscarinic receptor agonists and antagonists: effects on cardiovascular function -- Muscarinic receptor antagonists: effects on pulmonary function -- Muscarinic agonists and antagonists: effects on gastrointestinal function -- Muscarinic agonists and antagonists: effets on the urinary bladder -- Muscarinic receptors and mediation of hormonal effects of acetylcholine -- Muscarinic receptor agonists and antagonists: effects on inflammation and immunity -- Muscarinic receptor agonists and antagonists: effects on keratinocyte functions -- Muscarinic receptor agonists and antagonists: effects on cancer -- Activation of muscarinic receptors by non-neuronal acetylcholine.
- Nanoneuroscience and nanoneuropharmacology 2009, ScienceDirect
- Nanotechnology in drug delivery 2009, Springer
- Natural products 2005, SpringerNatural products and drug discovery / Arnold L. Demain and Lixin Zhang -- Integrated approaches for discovering novel drugs from microbial natural products / Lixin Zhang -- Automated analyses of HPLC profiles of microbial extracts: a new tool for drug discovery screening / Jose R. Tormo and Juan B. Garcia -- Manipulating microbial metabolites for drug discovery and production / C. Richard Hutchinson -- Improving drug discovery from microorganisms / Chris M. Farnet and Emmanuel Zazopoulos -- Developments in strain improvement technology: evolutionary engineering of industrial microorganisms through gene, pathway, and genome shuffling / Stephen B. del Cardayr -- The discovery of anticancer drugs from natural sources / David J. Newman and Gordon M. Cragg -- Case studies in natural product optimization: novel antitumor agents derived from Taxus brevifolia and Catharanthus roseus / Jian Hong and Shu-Hui Chen --Terpenoids as therapeutic drugs and pharmaceutical agents / Guangyi Wang, Weiping Tang and Robert R. Bidigare -- Challenges and opportunities in the Chinese herbal drug industry / Wei Jia and Lixin Zhang -- Arsenic trioxide and leukemia: from bedside to bench / Guo-Qiang Chen ... [et al.] -- New methods to access microbial diversity for small molecule discovery / Karsten Zengler, Ashish Paradkar, and Martin Keller -- Accessing the genomes of uncultivated microbes for novel natural products / Asuncion Martinez ... [et al.] -- New natural product diversity from marine actinomycetes / Paul R. Jensen and William Fenical -- Novel natural products from rainforest endophytes / Gary Strobel, Bryn Daisy, and Uvidelio Castillo -- Biological, economic, ecological, and legal aspects of harvesting traditional medicine in Ecuador / Alexandra Guevara-Aguirre and Ximena Chiriboga.
- Neurotransmitter transporters 2006, Springer
- New drug development. 2nd ed. 2010, SpringerNew drug development -- The regulatory environment -- Drug discovery -- Nonclinical research -- Designing clinical trials -- Conducting clinical trials I: Experimental methodology -- Conducting clinical trials II: Operational execution -- Statistical analysis -- Statistical significance -- Clinical significance -- Sample size estimation -- General safety assessments -- Efficacy assessment -- Cardiac and cardiovascular safety assessments -- Manufacturing small molecule drugs and biologicals -- Postmarketing surveillance -- Main themes and concluding comments -- References -- Index.
- Nicotine psychopharmacology 2009, SpringerGlobal patterns of nicotine and tobacco consumption / S.K. Hammond -- Nicotine chemistry, metabolism, kinetics and biomarkers / N.L. Benowitz, J. Hukkanen and P. Jacob, 3rd -- Nicotine content and delivery across tobacco products / M.V. Djordjevic and K.A. Doran -- The road to discovery of neuronal nicotinic cholinergic receptor subtypes / A.C. Collins ... [et al.] -- Magnetic resonance imaging studies of cigarette smoking / A. Azizian ... [et al.] -- In vivo brain imaging of human exposure to nicotine and tobacco / A. Sharma and A.L. Brody -- Molecular and cellular mechanisms of action of nicotine in the CNS / J. Barik and S. Wonnacott -- The neuronal pathways mediating the behavioral and addictive properties of nicotine / D.J. Balfour -- Molecular genetics of nicotine metabolism / J.C. Mwenifumbo and R.F. Tyndale -- Sex differences in nicotine action / S. Pogun and G. Yararbas -- Recognising nicotine: the neurobiological basis of nicotine discrimination / J.W. Smith and I.P. Stolerman -- Effects of nicotine in experimental animals and humans: an update on addictive properties / B. Le Foll and S.R. Goldberg -- Discriminative stimulus effects of nicotine in humans / K.A. Perkins -- Rodent models of nicotine withdrawal syndrome / D.H. Malin and P. Goyarzu -- Approaches, challenges, and experience in assessing free nicotine / D.L. Ashley ... [et al.] -- Tobacco industry manipulation of nicotine dosing / G.F. Wayne and C.M. Carpenter -- Pharmacotherapy for tobacco dependence / R.V. Fant ... [et al.] -- Nicotine psychopharmacology: policy and regulatory / J.E. Henningfield and M. Zeller.
- Nimesulide--actions and uses 2005, Springer
- Nitric oxide. Part D, Nitric oxide detection, mitochondria and cell functions, and peroxynitrite reactions 2002, ScienceDirect
- Novel anticancer agents 2006, ScienceDirectA survey of novel molecular targets for anticancer drug discovery -- Microarrays: small spots produce major advances in pharmacogenomics -- Strategies to target chemotherapeutics to tumors -- QSAR and pharmacophore mapping strategies in novel anticancer drug discovery -- Applications of nuclear magnetic resonance and mass spectrometry to anticancer drug discovery -- Antisense strategies for the development of novel cancer therapeutics -- Antibodies and vaccines as novel cancer therapeutics -- Inhibitors as targets for cancer therapy -- Preclinical testing and validation of novel anticancer agents -- Surrogate end points and biomarkers for early trials of novel anticancer agents -- Regulatory considerations in clinical trials of novel anticancer drugs -- Improving the efficacy and safety of anticancer agents: the role of pharmacogenetics -- Imaging of pharmacodynamic end points in clinical trials -- Devising proof-of-concept strategies in oncology clinical trials -- Clinical trial designs for cytostatic agents and agents directed at novel molecular targets -- Cancer gene therapy clinical trials: from the bench to the clinic -- Molecular targets for radiosensitization -- Patient accrual to clinical trials.
- Novel antischizophrenia treatments 2012, SpringerThis volume tries to put current therapy - achievements, shortcomings, remaining medical needs - and emerging new targets into the context of increasing knowledge regarding the genetic and neurodevelopmental contributions to the pathophysiology of schizophrenia. Some of the chapters also deal with respective experimental and clinical methodology, biomarkers, and translational aspects of drug development. The volume concentrates on reviewing the ongoing research attempting to identify novel treatments for the cognitive deficits and negative symptoms of schizophrenia, which are not treated adequately by current antipsychotic medications.
- Nutraceuticals in health and disease prevention 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Opiate receptors and antagonists 2009, Springer
- Opiate receptors. 2nd ed. 2011, Springer
- Opioid research 2003, Springer Protocols
- Opththalmologic drug guide 2007, Springer1Antibacterial agents --2Antifungal agents --3Antiviral agents --4Antiparasitic agents --5Antiglaucoma agents --6Neuro-ophthalmology --7Anti-inflammatory agents --8Mydriates, cycloplegics, and reversal agents --9Lubricants and viscoelastics --10Miscellaneous conditions --11Anti-angiogenesis agents --12Contact lens.
- Optimization in drug discovery 2004, Springer ProtocolspKa, solubility and lipophilicity: assessing physicochemical properties of lead compounds / Yushen Guo and Hong Shen -- Use of caco-2 cell monolayers to study drug absorption and metabolism / Ming Hu ... [et al.] -- Absorption screening using the PAMPA approach / Jeffrey A. Ruell and Alex Avdeef -- In situ single-pass perfused rat intestinal model for absorption and metabolism / Eun Ju Jeong ... [et al.] -- In vitro permeation study with bovine brain microvessel endothelial cells / Sung-Hack Lee ... [et al.] -- An enzymatic microplate assay for testing P-glycoprotein substrates and inhibitors / S. Orlowski, J. Nugier and Eric Ezan -- Evaluation of drug-transporter interactions using in vitro cell models / Yaming Su and Patrick J. Sinko -- Plasma protein-binding methods in drug discovery / Lucinda H. Cohen --Isothermal titration calorimetry characterization of drug-binding energetics to blood proteins / Gary W. Caldwell and Zhengyin Yan -- Metabolic stability assessed by liver microsomes and hepatocytes / David C. Ackley, Kevin T. Rockich, and Timothy R. Baker -- In vitro drug metabolite profiling using hepatic S9 and human liver microsomes / Wu-Nan Wu and Linda A. McKown --In vitro identification of UDP-glucuronosyltransferases involved in drug metabolism / Michael H. Court -- In vitro CYP induction in human hepatocytes / Daniel R. Mudra and Andrew Parkinson -- High-throughput screening of human cytochrome P450 inhibitors using fluorometric substrates: methodology for 25 enzyme/substrate pairs / David M. Stresser -- Evaluation of cytochrome P450 inhibition in human liver microsomes / Zhengyin Yan and Gary W. Caldwell -- Identification of CYP mechanism-based inhibitors / Amin A. Nomeir, Jairam Palamanda, and Leonard Favreau --Detection of DNA adducts by 32P-postlabeling analysis / Naomi Suzuki, Padmaja M. Prabhu, and Shinya Shibutani -- Covalent DNA adduct formation mediated by cytochrome P450 / Marie Stiborová -- Application of in vitro comet assay for genotoxicity testing / Bojana Zegura and Metka Filipic -- Assessing DNA damage using a reporter gene system / Xuming Jia and Wei Xiao -- Improvement of the Ames test using human liver S9 preparation / Atsushi Hakura, Satoshi Suzuki, and Tetsuo Satoh -- Screening for chemical mutagens using the mouse lymphoma assay / Tao Chen and Martha M. Moore -- A high throughput binding assay for HERG / Keith Finlayson and John Sharkey -- In vitro drug metabolism: thiol conjugation / Wei Tang and Randy R. Miller -- In vitro screening assay of the reactivity of acyl glucuronides / Sébastien Bolze.
- Oral delivery of macromolecular drugs 2009, Springer
- Pain 2003, CRCnetBASE
- PARP as a therapeutic target 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Peptide-based drug design 2008, Springer ProtocolsPeptide-based drug design : here and now / Laszlo Otvos, Jr. -- Strategies for the discovery, isolation, and characterization of natural bioactive peptides from the immune system of invertebrates / Philippe Bulet -- Sequence analysis of antimicrobial peptides by tandem mass spectrometry / Christin Stegemann and Ralf Hoffmann -- The spot technique : synthesis and screening of peptide macroarrays on cellulose membranes / Dirk F.H. Winkler and William D. Campbell -- Analysis of A[beta] interactions using ProteinChip technology / Eleni Giannakis ... [et al.] -- NMR in peptide drug development / Jan-Christoph Westermann and David J. Craik -- Molecular dynamics simulations of peptides / Jeffrey Copps, Richard F. Murphy and Sandor Lovas -- Short linear cationic antimicrobial peptides : screening, optimizing, and prediction / Kai Hilpert, Christopher D. Fjell and Artem Cherkasov -- Investigating the mode of action of proline-rich antimicrobial peptides using a genetic approach : a tool to identify new bacterial targets amenable to the design of novel antibiotics / Marco Scocchi ... [et al.] -- Serum stability of peptides / Håvard Jenssen and Stein Ivar Aspmo -- Preparation of glycosylated amino acids suitable for Fmoc solid-phase assembly / Mare Cudic and Gayle D. Burstein -- Synthesis of O-phosphopeptides on solid phase / David Singer and Ralf Hoffmann -- Peptidomimetics : Fmoc solid-phase pseudopeptide synthesis / Predrag Cudic and Maciej Stawikowski -- Synthesis of toll-like receptor-2 targeting lipopeptides as self-adjuvanting vaccines / Brandon Y. Chua, Weiguang Zeng and David C. Jackson -- Synthesis of a multivalent, multiepitope vaccine construct / Laszlo Otvos, Jr. -- Cysteine-containing fusion tag for site-specific conjugation of therapeutic and imaging agents to targeting proteins / Marina V. Backer ... [et al.].
- Peptides for youth 2009, Springer
- Percutaneous absorption. 4th ed. 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Pharmaceutical biotechnology 2009, SpringerTranslational medicine: a paradigm shift in modern drug discovery and development: the role of biomarkers / Mark Day, J. Lynn Rutkowski, and Giora Z. Feuerstein -- Natural products in drug discovery: present status and perspectives / Gabriella Molinari -- Protein pharmaceuticals: discovery and preclinical development / Davinder S. Gill -- The role of nanobiotechnology in drug discovery / Kewal K. Jain -- Conotoxin venom peptide therapeutics / Richard J. Lewis -- Shark novel antigen receptors: the next generation of biologic therapeutics? / Caroline Barelle, Davinder Gill, and Keith Charlton -- Immune interventions of human diseases through toll-like receptors / Cevayir Coban, Ken J. Ishii, and Shizuo Akira -- Genome-based vaccine development: a short cut for the future / Danilo Gomes Moriel ... [et al.] -- The antigenome: from protein subunit vaccines to antibody treatments of bacterial infections? / Carmen Giefing, Eszter Nagy, and Alexander von Gabain -- HSV as a vector in vaccine development and gene therapy / Peggy Marconi ... [et al.] -- Virus-like particles as a vaccine delivery system: myths and facts / Polly Roy and Rob Noad -- Applications of bacterial ghosts in biomedicine / Petra Lubitz, Ulrike Beate Mayr, and Werner Lubitz -- Immune modulators with defined molecular targets: cornerstone to optimize rational vaccine design / Thomas Ebensen and Carlos A. Guzmøn -- Innovative approaches to develop prophylactic and therapeutic vaccines against HIV/AIDS / Aurelio Cafaro ... [et al.] -- New strategies to overcome the drawbacks of currently available flu vaccines / Epifanio Fichera ... [et al.].
- Pharmaceutical perspectives of cancer therapeutics 2009., Springer
- Pharmaceutical stability testing to support global markets 2010, SpringerContains proceedings of the AAPS Stability Workshop.
- Pharmacodynamic basis of herbal medicine 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Pharmacodynamic basis of herbal medicine. 2nd ed. 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Pharmacogenomics 2005, Springer Protocols
- Pharmacogenomics and personalized medicine 2008, Springer ProtocolsChallenges, opportunities, and evolving landscapes in pharmacogenomics and personalized medicine : an industry perspective / Nadine Cohen and Theresa Frangiosa -- Implementation of pharmacogenomic sample collection in clinical trials / Deborah Sokol Ricci and Monique Franc -- Pharmacogenomics : the regulatory environment and labeling implications / Myong-Jin Kim ... [et al.] -- Applications of pharmacogenomics in drug discovery / Duncan McHale -- Applications of pharmacogenomics in clinical trials / Monique Franc -- Pharmacogenomics applications in drug metabolism : from genotyping to drug label-challenges? / Ann K. Daly -- The genetics of adverse drug reactions : promises and problems / Martin Armstrong -- Strategies and resources for marker selection and genotyping in genetic association studies / Nicole Soranzo, Dong-Jing Fu, and Qingqin S. Li -- Study design and statistical issues in pharmacogenetics research : from candidate genes to genome-wide screens / Nicholas J. Schork, Nathalie Malo, and Eric J. Topol -- Holy SNP, Batman! / Reyna Favis -- Predictive biomarker classifiers in the design of pivotal clinical trials / Richard Simon -- Translation of biomarkers into clinical utility / William L. Trepicchio and George Mulligan -- Pharmacogenomic study feasibility assessment and pharmaceutical business decision-making / Monique Franc and Theresa Frangiosa -- Co-development of drugs and pharmacogenomics-based diagnostics in oncology / Jeffrey S. Ross -- Pharmacogenomics applications in epilepsy / Chantal Depondt -- Pharmacogenomics in Alzheimer's disease / Ramón Cacabelos -- Pharmacogenomics applications in psychiatric disorders / Todd Lencz and Anil K. Malhotra -- Pharmacogenomics in HIV disease / Amalio Telenti -- Pharmacogenomics and cardiovascular drugs / Gérard Siest ... [et al.] -- Pharmacogenomic applications in children / Susan F.A. Grant and Hakon Hakonarson -- Pharmacogenomics of rare and monogenic disorders / Paul D. Maher.
- Pharmacogenomics in drug discovery and development 2008, Springer Protocols
- Pharmacokinetic-pharmacodynamic modeling and simulation 2006, Springer
- ch. 1. Physicochemistry -- ch. 2. Pharmacokinetics -- ch. 3. Absorption -- ch. 4. Distribution -- ch. 5. Clearance -- ch. 6 Renal clearance -- ch. 7. Metabolic (hepatic) clearance -- ch. 8. Toxicity -- ch. 9. Inter-species -- ch. 10. High(er) throughput ADME studies.
- Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of abused drugs 2008, CRCnetBASE
- Pharmacokinetics in drug discovery and development 2002, CRCnetBASESECTION I. Basic Principles -- Chapter 1. Basic Principles / Ronald D. Schoenwald -- SECTION II. Industrial and Regulatory Applications -- Chapter 2. PK/PD Approach / Honghui Zhou -- Chapter 3. Pharmacokinetics and Metabolism in Drug Discovery and Preclinical Development / Nishit B. Modi -- Chapter 4. Phase I, II, and III FDA Submissions / Mark G. Eller -- Chapter 5. Bioavailability and Bioequivalence / Veneeta Tandon -- SECTION III. Clinical Applications -- Chapter 6. General Approaches to Clinical Pharmacokinetic Monitoring / Ronald A. Herman -- Chapter 7. Aminoglycosides and Other Antibiotics / Michael E. Klepser and Erika J. Ernst -- Chapter 8. Cardiovascular Agents / John M. Dopp and Bradley G. Phillips -- Chapter 9. Psychotropic Agents / Paul J. Perry -- Chapter 10. Theophylline / Bernd Meibohm -- Chapter 11. Anticonvulsant Agents / Gail D. Anderson -- SECTION IV. Research Applications -- Chapter 12. Classical Modeling / David W A. Bourne -- Chapter 13. Noncompartmental Modeling: An Overview / Ronald A. Herman -- Chapter 14. Physiologically Based Pharmacokinetic Models / James M. Gallo -- Chapter 15. Population Pharmacokinetics / Jeffrey S. Barrett -- Chapter 16. The Linear Systems Approach / Peter Veng-Pedersen -- Index.
- Pharmacological mechanisms in Alzheimer's therapeutics 2008, Springer
- Pharmacology 2009, ScienceDirect
- Pharmacology and pharmacokinetics 2010, SpringerPharmacology -- Pharmacokinetic Principles -- Introduction to Specialist Therapeutics.
- Pharmacology and vitreoretinal surgery 2009, Karger
- Pharmacology in drug discovery. 1st ed. 2012, ScienceDirectChapter 1. Pharmacology: The Chemical Control of Physiology -- Chapter 2. Drug Affinity and Efficacy -- Chapter 3. Predicting Agonist Effect -- Chapter 4. Drug Antagonism: Orthosteric Drug Effects -- Chapter 5. Allosteric Drug Effects -- Chapter 6. Enzymes as Drug Targets -- Chapter 7. Pharmacokinetics I: Permeation and Metabolism -- Chapter 8. Pharmacokinetics II: Distribution and Multiple Dosing -- Chapter 9. In Vivo Pharmacology -- Chapter 10. Safety Pharmacology -- Chapter 11. Answers to Chapter Questions -- Chapter 12. Derivations and Proofs.
- Pharmacology of Bombax ceiba Linn. 2012, Springer
- Pharmacology of neurotransmitter release 2008, Springer
- Pharmacology primer. 3rd ed. 2009, ScienceDirectWhat is pharmacology? -- How different tissues process drug response -- Drug-receptor theory -- Pharmacological assay formats : binding -- Agonists : the measurement of affinity and efficacy in functional assays -- Orthosteric drug antagonism -- Allosteric drug antagonism -- The process of drug discovery -- Pharmacokinetics -- Target- and system-based strategies for drug discovery -- "Hit" to drug : lead optimization -- Statistics and experimental design -- Selected pharmacological methods -- Exercises in pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics.
- Pharmacotherapy of pulmonary hypertension 2013, SpringerPulmonary hypertension: conceptual bases of the disease -- Pulmonary hypertension: established therapies -- Pulmonary hypertension: novel pathways and emerging therapies -- Conclusions and Outlook.
- Phytochemicals 2004, CRCnetBASEAbsorption and metabolism of anthocyanins and other phenolics in human subjects / Ronald L. Prior -- Absorption and metabolism of the dietary phytochemical, quercetin / Gary Williamson -- Pharmacokinetics and bioavailability of green tea catechins / H-H. Sherry Chow -- The importance of in vivo metabolism of polyphenols and their biological action / Stephen Barnes -- Cancer prevention by phytochemicals, modulation of cell cycle / Diane F. Birt -- Cancer chemoprevention by phytopolyphenols including flavanoids and flavonoids through modulating signal transduction pathways / Jen-Kun Lin -- Gene regulation by glucosinolate hydrolysis products / Elizabeth H. Jeffery -- Healthy food vs. phytosterol fortified foods for primary prevention of coronary artery disease / Douglas S. Lewis -- Vascular effects of resveratrol / Joseph M. Wu -- Development of a mixture of dietary carotenoids as cancer chemopreventive agents: C57BL/6J mice as a useful animal model for efficacy studies with carotenoids / Frederick Khachik -- Chemoprevention of colon cancer by curcumin / Bandaru S. Rdddy.
- Phytochemicals in health and disease 2004, CRCnetBASENutritional genomics / Ruan M. Elliott, James R. Bacon, and Yongping Bao -- Methods to study bioavailability of phytochemicals / Birgit Holst and Gary Williamson -- Characterization of polyphenol metabolites /Andrea J. Day, Joseph A. Rothwell, and Michael R.A. Morgan -- Microarray profiling of gene expression patterns of genistein in tumor cells / Ching Li and Biehuoy Shieh -- Gene regulatory activity of Ginkgo biloba L. / Gerald Rimbach, Rainer Cermak, and Siegfried Wolffram -- Cancer chemoprevention with sulforaphane, a dietary isothiocyanate / Yuesheng Zhang -- Phytochemicals protect against heterocyclic amine-induced DNA adduct formation / Yongping Bao and James R. Bacon -- Organosulfur-garlic compounds and cancer prevention / John Milner -- Polymethylated flavonoids: cancer preventive and therapeutic potentials derived from anti-inflammatory and drug metabolism-modifying properties / Akira Murakami and Hajime Ohigashi -- Biochemical and molecular mechanisms of cancer chemoprevention by tea and tea polyphenols / Jen-Kun Lin -- The role of flavonoids in protection against cataract / Julie Sanderson and W. Russell McLauchlan -- Effects of oltipraz on phase 1 and phase 2 xenobiotic-metabolizing enzymes / Sophie Langouet, Fabrice Morel and Andre Guillouzo -- Future perspectives in phytochemical and health research / Yongping Bao and Roger Fenwick.
- Phytopharmaceuticals in cancer chemoprevention 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Plant-produced microbial vaccines 2009, SpringerPlant vaccines: an immunological perspective / D.C. Hooper -- Display of peptides on the surface of tobacco mosaic virus particles / M.L. Smith ... [et al.] -- Chloroplast-derived vaccine antigens and biopharmaceuticals: expression, folding, assembly and functionality / S. Chebolu and H. Daniell -- Production of antibodies in plants: approaches and perspectives / K. Ko, R. Brodzik and Z. Steplewski -- Plant production of veterinary vaccines and therapeutics / R.W. Hammond and L.G. Nemchinov -- Plant-based oral vaccines: results of human trials / C.O. Tacket.
- Pocket guide to critical care pharmacotherapy 2008, Springer
- Pocket handbook of GI pharmacotherapeutics 2009, Springer
- Polymers in drug delivery 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Polyvinylpyrrolidone excipients for pharmaceuticals 2005, Springer
- A. Introduction -- B. Passive or active pharmacovigilance? -- C. Spontaneous reporting -- D. Cohort event monitoring -- E. Data processing -- F. Special types of event -- G. Relationship/causality assessment -- H. Signal identification -- I. Strengthening the signal -- J. Identifying risk factors -- K. Analyses -- L. Differences between spontaneous reporting and cohort event monitoring -- M. Organization -- N. Communication -- Annex.
- Practice of medicinal chemistry. 2nd ed. 2003, ScienceDirect
- Prodrugs 2007, Springer
- Protein crystallography in drug discovery 2004, Wileych. 1. Molecular Recognition of Nuclear Hormone Receptor-Ligand Complexes / Dr. Robert E. Babine, p. 1-46 -- ch. 2. Kinases / Jerry L. Adams, James Veal and Lisa Shewchuk, p. 47-81 -- ch. 3. The Proteasome as a Drug Target / Tsunehiro Mizushima and Tomitake Tsukihara, p. 83-98 -- ch. 4. Antibiotics and the Ribosome / Jeffrey L. Hansen, p. 99-125 -- ch. 5. Structure-Based Design of Cathepsin K Inhibitors / Daniel F. Veber and Maxwell D. Cummings, p. 127-146 -- ch. 6. Structure-Based Design of Potent and Selective Cdk4 Inhibitors / Teruki Honma, p. 147-170 -- ch. 7. Crystallization and Analysis of Serine Proteases with Ecotin / Sandra M. Waugh and Robert J. Fletterick, p. 171-186 -- ch. 8. X-Ray Crystallography in the Development of Orthogonal Ligand-Receptor Pairs / Donald F. Doyle and Lauren J. Schwimmer, p. 187-207 -- ch. 9. Engineering Proteins to Promote Crystallization / Lei Jin and Robert E. Babine, p. 209-216 -- ch. 10. High-Throughput Crystallography / Harren Jhoti, p. 217-233 -- ch. 11. Micro-Crystallization / Carl L. Hansen, Morten Sommer, Kyle Self, James M. Berger and Stephen R. Quake, p. 235-255.
- Protein structure 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Protein-protein interactions as new drug targets 2008, Springer
- Proteomics and protein-protein interactions 2005, Springer
- Protocols for in vitro cultures and secondary metabolite analysis of aromatic and medicinal plants 2009, Springer ProtocolsEstablishment of adventitious root cultures of Echinacea purpurea for the production of caffeic acid derivatives / K.Y. Paek, H.N. Murthy and E.J. Hahn -- In vitro propagation of Rauwolfia serpentina using liquid medium, assessment of genetic fidelity of micropropagated plants, and simultaneous quantitation of reserpine, ajmaline, and ajmalicine / M.K. Goel ... [et al.] -- Medicinal properties, in vitro protocols and secondary metabolite analyses of Scots pine / H. Haggman ... [et al.] -- Saussurea medusa cell suspension cultures for flavonoid production / C.Z. Liu and P.K. Saxena -- Large-scale in vitro multiplication of Crataeva nurvala / S.B. Babbar, N. Walia and A. Kaur -- Bilberry in vitro protocols and analyses of phenolic compounds / L. Jaakola ... [et al.] -- In vitro propagation of two tuberous medicinal plants: Holostemma ada-kodien and Ipomoea mauritiana / S.P. Geetha ... [et al.] -- In vitro production of gymnemic acid from Gymnema sylvestre (Retz) R. Br. Ex Roemer and Schultes through callus culture under abiotic stress conditions / A.B. Ali Ahmed, A.S. Rao and M.V. Rao -- Establishment of plant regeneration and cryopreservation system from zygotic embryo-derived embryogenic cell suspension cultures of Ranunculus kazusensis / S.W. Kim and M.J. Oh -- In vitro culture and secondary metabolite isolation in bryophytes / A. Sabovljevic, M. Sabovljevic and N. Jockovic -- Micropropagation and in vitro conservation of vanilla (Vanilla planifolia Andrews) / M. Divakaran and K.N. Babu -- Protocol for in vitro regeneration and marker glycoside assessment in Swertia chirata Buch-Ham / S. Koul ... [et al.] -- Protocols for establishment of an in vitro collection of medicinal plants in the genus Scutellaria / I.B. Cole, F.T. Farooq and S.J. Murch -- Protocols for in vitro culture and phytochemical analysis of Phyllanthus species (Euphorbiaceae) / E. Catapan ... [et al.] -- In vitro clonal propagation of Asparagus racemosus, a high value medicinal plant / S. Saxena and N. Bopana -- Micropropagation of Penthorum chinense through axillary buds / J. Yang and Z.S. Peng -- Spontaneous plant regeneration and production of secondary metabolites from hairy root cultures of Centaurium erythraea Rafn / A. Subotic ... [et al.] -- Transgenic Hypericum perforatum / G. Franklin, M.M. Oliveira and A.C. Dias -- Agrobacterium-mediated transformation of Ruta graveolens L / K. Lievre ... [et al.] -- Gene expression profiling in Taxus baccata L. seedlings and cell cultures / K. Brun akova and J. Kosuth -- Catapol production in Chinese foxglove (Rehmannia glutinosa Libos.) hairy roots transformed with Agrobacterium rhizogenes ATCC15834 / S.J. Hwang -- Identification of medicinal plants and plant sequences: multiplexed MLPA assay / R.A. Barthelson -- Isolation of microsatellites from Catharanthus roseus (L.) G. Don using enriched libraries / S. Bhatia and B. Shokeen -- Production of cinnamyl glycosides in compact callus aggregate cultures of Rhodiola rosea through biotransformation of cinnamyl alcohol / Z. Gyorgy and A. Hohtola -- Spearmint plantlet culture system as a means to study secondary metabolism / B. Tisserat, M. Berhow and S.F. Vaughn -- Bioreactor production of secondary metabolites from cell cultures of periwinkle and sandalwood / J.V. Valluri -- Camptothecin production by in vitro cultures and plant regeneration in Ophiorrhiza species / T. Asano ... [et al.] -- Metabolomic analysis of Ocotea odorifera cell cultures: a model protocol for acquiring metabolite data / M. Maraschin ... [et al.] -- Production of 9-methoxycanthin-6-one from callus cultures of (Eurycoma longifolia Jack) Tongkat Ali / M. Maziah and N. Rosli -- Plant secondary metabolism in altered gravity / L.K. Tuominen, L.H. Levine and M.E. Musgrave -- The role of biotechnology in the production of the anticancer compound podophyllotoxin / H. Lata, C.S. Mizuno and R.M. Moraes.
- Quantification addendum. 3rd ed. 2010, WHO
- Quantitative drug design. 2nd ed. 2010, CRCnetBASEOverview of quantitative drug design -- Noncovalent interactions in biological systems -- Preparation of 3D structures of molecules for 3D QSAR -- Calculating physical properties of molecules -- Biological data -- Form of equations that relate potency and physical properties -- Statistical basis of regression and partial least-squares analysis -- Strategy for the statistical evaluation of a data set of related molecules -- Detailed examples of QSAR calculations on erythromycin esters -- Case studies -- Methods to approach other structure-activity problems.
- Radiopharmaceuticals 2011, CRCnetBASE"This comprehensive overview details the process of radiopharmaceutical development, from cellular studies to animal experiments to the design and implementation of clinical trials. It examines the relative benefits of various radiopharmaceuticals and provides guidance on dose estimation and agent selection. Utilizing figures of merit for quantitative assessment, it covers standard medical internal radiation dose (MIRD), absorbed dose method for imaging agents, vivo methods for obtaining activity data, errors of activity estimation techniques, phantom-based and patient-based dose estimates and their associated uncertainties, and options available to clinical physicists. Supported by numerous examples from clinical trials, it discusses two and three dimensional estimation processes, including modern hybrid scanners such as SPECT/CT and PET/CT"--Provided by publisher.
- Raman and SERS investigations of pharmaceuticals 2008, Springer
- Resorcinol 2005, Springer
- Safety pharmacology in pharmaceutical development and approval 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Separation methods in drug synthesis and purification 2000, ScienceDirect
- Serotonin and sleep 2008, Springer
- Serotonin-dopamine interaction 2008, ScienceDirect
- Sex and gender differences in pharmacology 2013, SpringerThis is the very first book to deal with sex and gender differences in drug therapy - an increasingly recognized medical need. It starts with an overview on S/G in clinical syndromes and a documentation of the medical and socioeconomic damage caused by gender specific adverse drug effects. Part I covers S/G differences in pharmacokinetics. Researchers will be satisfied by the detailed discussion of the mechanisms of S/G differences in drug effects that represents cutting edge science and includes interaction of drugs with sex hormones, genomic and epigenetic mechanisms. It also covers S/G in drug development, in animal models and clinical development and S/G in drug prescriptions. Part II targets S/G differences in drug effects in cardiovascular, pulmonary, CNS, neuromuscular, neuropsychiatric and metabolic diseases, in cancer, inflammation, and rheumatic diseases, in bacterial and retroviral infections, thrombosis, embolism. New drugs will be discussed.
- Signals and images 2008, Springer
- Simulation for designing clinical trials 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Sphingolipids 2013, SpringerPart IBasic Mechanisms.The Genetics of Sphingolipid Hydrolases and Sphingolipid Storage Diseases /Edward H. Schuchman, Calogera M. Simonaro --Sphingolipids and Membrane Domains: Recent Advances /Salvatore Chiantia, Erwin London --Sphingolipid Metabolism and Neutral Sphingomyelinases /Michael V. Airola, Yusuf A. Hannun --Acid Sphingomyelinase /Brian Henry ... [et al.] --Ceramide Synthases: Reexamining Longevity /Joo-Won Park, Yael Pewzner-Jung --Membrane Channels Formed by Ceramide /Marco Colombini --Genetic Disorders of Simple Sphingolipid Metabolism /Virginie Albinet ... [et al.] --The Role of Ceramide-1-Phosphate in Biological Functions /L. Alexis Hoeferlin, Dayanjan S. Wijesinghe, Charles E. Chalfant --Part IIDrug Development.Functional Inhibitors of Acid Sphingomyelinase (FIASMAs) /Johannes Kornhuber ... [et al.] --Novel Drugs Targeting Sphingolipid Metabolism /Krishna P. Bhabak, Christoph Arenz --The Therapeutic Potential of Nanoscale Sphingolipid Technologies /Jody L. Hankins ... [et al.] --Novel Chemotherapeutic Drugs in Sphingolipid Cancer Research /Daniel Canals, Yusuf A. Hannun --Pharmacology of the Sphingosine-1-Phosphate Signalling System /Dagmar Meyer zu Heringdorf, Katja Ihlefeld, Josef Pfeilschifter.
- Sphingolipids in disease 2013, SpringerSphingolipids in Cancer.Sphingosine Kinase/Sphingosine 1-Phosphate Signaling in Cancer Therapeutics and Drug Resistance /Shanmugam Panneer Selvam, Besim Ogretmen --Using ASMase Knockout Mice to Model Human Diseases /Guoqiang Hua, Richard Kolesnick --New Perspectives on the Role of Sphingosine 1-Phosphate in Cancer /Susan Pyne, Nigel J. Pyne --Sphingolipids and Response to Chemotherapy /Marie-Thérèse Dimanche-Boitrel, Amélie Rebillard --Lung Cancer and Lung Injury: The Dual Role of Ceramide /Tzipora Goldkorn, Samuel Chung, Simone Filosto --Sphingolipids' Role in Radiotherapy for Prostate Cancer /Carla Hajj, Adriana Haimovitz-Friedman --Sphingolipids in Cardio-Reno-vascular Diseases.Sphingolipid Metabolism and Atherosclerosis /Xian-Cheng Jiang, Jing Liu --Cardiovascular Effects of Sphingosine-1-Phosphate (S1P) /Bodo Levkau --Cross Talk Between Ceramide and Redox Signaling: Implications for Endothelial Dysfunction and Renal Disease /Pin-Lan Li, Yang Zhang --Sphingolipids in Inflammation, Infection and Lung Diseases.Sphingolipids in Lung Endothelial Biology and Regulation of Vascular Integrity /Taimur Abbasi, Joe G. N. Garcia --Sphingolipids in Acute Lung Injury /Stefan Uhlig, Yang Yang --The Involvement of Sphingolipids in Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Diseases /Irina Petrache, Daniela N. Petrusca --Ceramide in Cystic Fibrosis /Heike Grassmé, Joachim Riethmüller, Erich Gulbins --Regulation of the Sphingosine Kinase/Sphingosine 1-Phosphate Pathway /K. Alexa Orr Gandy, Lina M. Obeid --Bacterial Infections and Ceramide /Heike Grassmé, Katrin Anne Becker --Viral Infections and Sphingolipids /Jürgen Schneider-Schaulies, Sibylle Schneider-Schaulies --Ceramide in Plasma Membrane Repair /Annette Draeger, Eduard B. Babiychuk --Sphingolipids and Inflammatory Diseases of the Skin /Burkhard Kleuser, Lukasz Japtok --Sphingolipids in Obesity, Type 2 Diabetes, and Metabolic Disease /S. B. Russo, J. S. Ross, L. A. Cowart --Sphingolipids in Neuro-psychiatry and Muscle Diseases.Neuronal Forms of Gaucher Disease /Einat B. Vitner, Anthony H. Futerman Sphingolipids in Neuroinflammation /Laura Davies, Klaus Fassbender, Silke Walter --Sphingolipids in Psychiatric Disorders and Pain Syndromes /C. Mühle, M. Reichel, E. Gulbins, J. Kornhuber --Role of Sphingosine 1-Phosphate in Skeletal Muscle Cell Biology /Paola Bruni, Chiara Donati.
- Statistics in drug research 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Structure-based drug discovery 2007, Springer
- Superbugs and superdrugs 2008, Wellcome Trust
- Synthesis of essential drugs 2006, ScienceDirect
- Systems biology in biotech & pharma 2012, Springer
- Taiwanese native medicinal plants 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Telomeres and telomerase in cancer 2009, Springer
- Textbook of personalized medicine 2009, SpringerBasics of Personalized Medicine -- Molecular Diagnostics as Basis of Personalized Medicine -- Role of Biomarkers in Personalized Medicine -- Pharmacogenetics -- Pharmacogenomics -- Role of Pharmacoproteomics -- Role of Metabolomics in Personalized Medicine -- Personalized Biological Therapies -- Development of Personalized Medicine -- Personalized Therapy for Cancer -- Personalized Management of Neurological Disorders -- Personalized Therapy of Cardiovascular Diseases -- Personalized Management of Miscellaneous Disorders -- Personalized Preventive Medicine -- Organization of Personalized Medicine -- Ethical and Regulatory Aspects of Personalized Medicine -- Economics of Personalized Medicine -- Future of Personalized Medicine.
- Textbook of receptor pharmacology. 2nd ed. 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Therapeutic kinase inhibitors 2012, SpringerSetting up a Kinase Discovery and Development Project /Gideon Bollag --Drug Efficacy Testing in Mice /William Y. Kim, Norman E. Sharpless --Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumors /Cristina Antonescu --EGFR Mutant Lung Cancer /Yixuan Gong, William Pao --Targeting Oncogenic BRAF in Human Cancer /Christine A. Pratilas, Feng Xing, David B. Solit --Beyond BRAF in Melanoma /Adil Daud, Boris C. Bastian --JAK-Mutant Myeloproliferative Neoplasms /Ross L. Levine --Will Kinase Inhibitors Make it as Glioblastoma Drugs? /Ingo K. Mellinghoff, Nikolaus Schultz, Paul S. Mischel --Predictive Genomic Biomarkers /Rakesh Kumar, Rafael G. Amado --Epigenetic Biomarkers /Timothy A. Chan, Stephen B. Baylin --Adjuvant Trials of Targeted Agents: The Newest Battleground in the War on Cancer /Robert L. Cohen.
- Therapeutic peptides and proteins. 2nd ed. 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Therapeutic uses of botulinum toxin 2007, Springer
- Thrombin 2009, Springer
- Trends in drug research. III. 1st ed. 2002, ScienceDirect
- Tumor angiogenesis 2008, Springer
- Twenty years of G-CSF 2012, Springer
- Update on clopidogrel and dual anti-platelet therapy 2006, HighWire
- Using mass spectrometry for drug metabolism studies. 2nd ed. 2010, CRCnetBASEStrategies and techniques for bioanalytical assays as part of new drug discovery / Walter A. Korfmacher -- The drug discovery process: from molecules to drugs / Mike S. Lee, Steven E. Klohr -- PK principles and PK/PD applications / Hong Mei, Richard A. Morrison -- Mass spectrometry for in vitro ADME screening / Inhou Chu -- Metabolite identification strategies and procedures / Ragu Ramanathan, S. Nilgün Çömezoǧlu, W. Griffith Humphreys -- Reactive metabolite screening and covalent-binding assays / Gérard Hopfgartner -- Fast metabolite screening in a discovery setting / Xiaoying Xu -- Fast chromatography with UPLC and other techniques / Sam Wainhaus -- Supercritical fluid chromatography-mass spectrometry / Yunsheng Hsieh -- Biomarkers of efficacy and toxicity: discovery and assay / Joanna R. Pols -- Imaging mass spectrometry for small molecules / Fangbiao Li -- MALDI IMS for proteins and biomarkers / Michelle L. Reyzer, Richard M. Caprioli -- Ambient ionization methods and their early applications in ADME studies / Jing-Tao Wu -- Pharmaceutical applications of accelerator mass spectrometry / Lan Gao, Swapan Chowdhury.
- Vascular endothelium 2006, SpringerII Springer
- What your patients need to know about psychiatric medications 2005, PsychiatryOnline
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
Editor: Jianfang, Zhang
Translated & Donated by Muoi Arnold and Keith Arnold former Stanford faculty