Books by Subject
- 3D cell-based biosensors in drug disc...
- — Drug delivery systems ..................
- Drug delivery systems ..................
- — Molecular, clinical, and environmenta...
- Morphine and metastasis ................
- — Serotonin-dopamine interaction .........
- Sex and gender differences in pharmac...
- — What your patients need to know about...
- Drug delivery systems 2008, Springer ProtocolsDrug delivery systems--an overview / Kewal K. Jain -- The role of the adeno-associated virus capsid in gene transfer / Kim M. Van Vliet ... [et al.] -- Delivering small interfering RNA for novel therapeutics / Patrick Y. Lu and Martin C. Woodle -- Catheters for chronic administration of drugs into brain tissue / Michael Guarnieri, Benjamin S. Carson, Sr., and George I. Jallo -- Transdermal drug delivery systems : skin perturbation devices / Marc B. Brown ... [et al.] -- Controlling the release of proteins/peptides via the pulmonary route / Sunday A. Shoyele -- Engineering protein particles for pulmonary drug delivery / Sunday A. Shoyele -- 2B-Trans technology : targeted drug delivery across the blood-brain barrier / Pieter J. Gaillard and Albertus G. de Boer -- Drug delivery in cancer using liposomes / Crispin R. Dass -- pH-responsive nanoparticles for cancer drug deliery / Youqing Shen ... [et al.] -- Extended-release oral drug delivery technologies : monolithic matrix systems / Sandip B. Tiwari and Ali R. Rajabi-Siahboomi.
- Drug delivery systems. 2nd ed. 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Drug discovery and evaluation 2011, Springer
- Drug discovery and evaluation 2006, SpringerSection I, Safety pharmacology: -- Introduction to safety pharmacology -- Status of safety pharmacology and present guidelines -- Central nervous system (CNS) safety pharmacology studies -- Methods in cardiovascular safety pharmacology -- Safety pharmacology of drugs for the urinary tract -- Respiratory function assays in safety pharmacology -- Metabolism pharmacology -- Peripheral nervous system -- Safety of intravenous and inhalation anesthetics -- Side effects of central analgesic drugs -- Safety pharmacology of antiinflammatory drugs -- Safety pharmacology of drugs with osteoarthritis-related activity -- Safety pharmacology of blood constituents -- Ocular toxicity tests -- Assays in endocrine safety pharmacology -- Safety assays in skin pharmacology -- Magnetic resonance imaging in pharmaceutical safety assessment --Section II, Safety pharmacokinetics: -- Introduction -- Physicochemical properties -- In-silico ADME modeling -- Absorption-in vitro tests-cell based -- Absorption-in vitro tests-non cell based -- Distribution-in vitro tests-protein binding -- Perfused organs -- Metabolism studies in vitro and in vivo -- Distribution-across barriers -- Drug-drug interaction-enzyme induction -- Drug-drug interaction-enzyme inhibition -- Absorption -- In vivo distribution -- Distribution-in vivo-other methods -- Bioanalytical assays-Toxicokinetics -- Bioanalytical assays-liquid chromatography coupled to tandem spectrometry -- Bioanalytical assays-gas chromatography -- Bioanalytical assays-RIA/EIA -- Clinical studies-typical designs -- Pharmacogenomics in DME -- Typical PK/PD approaches -- Population kinetics in drug development --Section III, Safety toxicology: -- Introduction -- International guidelines for the development of pharmaceutical compounds -- General toxicity -- In silico methods -- Alternative methods for carcinogenicity testing -- Genotoxicity -- Reproductive toxicology -- Application of toxicoproteomics in profiling drug effects.
- Drug interactions in infectious diseases. 3rd ed. 2011, SpringerIntroduction to Drug-Drug Interactions -- Mechanisms of Drug Interactions I: Absorption, Metabolism, and Excretion -- Mechanisms of Drug Interactions II: Transport Proteins -- Drug-Food Interactions -- Interactions Between Herbs and Antiinfective Medications -- Drug-Cytokine Interactions -- Beta-Lactam Antibiotics -- Macrolides, Azalides, and Ketolides -- Quinolones -- Glycopeptides, Lipopeptides, and Lipoglycopeptides -- Miscellaneous Antibiotics -- Drugs for Tuberculosis -- Drug Interactions with Antiretrovirals for HIV Infection -- Non-HIV Antiviral Agents -- Antifungal Agents -- Antimalarial Agents -- Antiprotozoal and Anthelmintic Agents -- Drug Interaction Considerations Throughout Drug Development -- Probe Cocktail Studies -- Design and Data Analysis in Drug Interaction Studies.
- Drug metabolism 2005, Springer
- Drug metabolism and pharmacokinetics quick guide 2011, Springer1. Pharmacokinetics -- 2. Drug Metabolizing Enzymes -- 3. Oral Absorption -- 4. Transporters -- 5. Metabolism-Based Drug Interactions -- 6. Biotransformation and Bioactivation -- 7. Prediction of Human Pharmacokinetics -- 8. Advances in Bioanalysis as It Relates to ADME -- 9. ADME Properties and Their Dependence on Physicochemical Properties -- 10. In Silico ADME Tools -- 11. Approved Drugs -- 12. Chemical Nomenclature.
- Drug metabolism and transport 2005, Springer ProtocolsRenal cytochrome P450s and flavin-containing monooxygenases : potential roles in metabolism and toxicity of 1,3-butadiene, trichloroethylene, and tetrachloroethylene / Adnan A. Elfarra -- Experimental approaches for the study of cytochrome P450 gene regulation / Hollie I. Swanson ... [et al.] -- Insulin and growth factor signaling : effects on drug metabolizing enzymes / Sang K. Kim, Kimberly J. Woodcroft, and Raymond F. Novak -- Catalytic function and expression of glutathione transferase zeta / Philip G. Board, M.W. Anders, and Anneke C. Blackburn -- Glucuronidation of fatty acids and prostaglandins by human udp glucuronosyltransferases / Anna Radominska-Pandya, Joanne M. Little and Arthur Bull -- Transcriptional regulation of UDP-glucuronosyltransferases / Anna Radominska-Pandya, Peter I. Mackenzie, and Wen Xie -- Phenotypic and genotypic characterization of n-acetylation / Craig K. Svensson and David W. Hein -- Methods and approaches to study metabolism and toxicity of acetaminophen / Sam A. Bruschi -- Modulation of drug metabolism and antiviral therapies / Bernhard H. Lauterburg -- Modulation of thiols and other low-molecular-weight cofactors : effects on drug metabolism and disease susceptibility / Charles V. Smith -- Multidrug resistance proteins and hepatic transport of endo- and xenobiotics / Phillip M. Gerk and Mary Vore -- Structural determinants of folate and antifolate membrane transport by the reduced folate carrier / Wei Cao and Larry H. Matherly -- Glutathione transport in the kidneys : experimental models, mechanisms, and methods / Lawrence H. Lash -- Human cytosolic sulfotransferases : properties, physiological functions, and toxicology / Charles N. Falany.
- Drug monitoring and clinical chemistry 2004, ScienceDirect
- Drug product development for the back of the eye 2011, Springer
- Drug residues in foods 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Drug resistance in cancer cells 2009, SpringerMultidrug Resistance Mediated by MDR-ABC Transporters / Gergely Szakács ... [et al.] -- Metastasis and Drug Resistance / Dominic Fan ... [et al.] -- The Role of Autophagy and Apoptosis in the Drug Resistance of Cancer / Tomohisa Yokoyama ... [et al.] -- Mechanisms of Resistance to targeted Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitors / Stacey J.Baker, E. Premkumar Reddy -- Targeting Transglutaminase-2 to overcome Chemoresistance in Cancer Cells / Kapil Mehta, Jansina Y. Fok -- Extracellular Matrix-Mediated Drug Resistance / P.S. Hodkinson, Tariq Sethi -- Oxidative Stress and Drug Resistance in Cancer / Dunyaporn Trachootham, Wan Zhang, Peng Huang -- Nuclear Factor-kB and Chemoresistance / Ajaikumar B.Kunnumakkara, Preetha Anand, Bharat B. Aggarwal -- Drug Resistance and the Tumor Suppressor p53 : The Paradox of Wild-Type Genotype in Chemorefractory Cancers / Zahid H. Siddik -- Resistance to Differentiation Therapy / Bulent Ozpolat -- MicroRNAs and Drug Resistance / Elisa Barbarotto, George A. Calin -- Molecular Signatures of Drug Resistance / Melissa A. Troester, Jason I. Herschkowitz, Katherine A. Hoadley -- Assessment of Drug Resistance in Anticancer Therapy by Nuclear Imaging / Natalie Charnley, Catharine West, Pat Price -- Overcoming Drug Resistance by Phytochemicals / Marion M. Chan, Dunne Fong.
- Drug resistance in leishmania parasites 2013, Springer
- Drug safety evaluation 2009, Springer ProtocolsDeveloping Combination Drugs in Preclinical Studies / Alberto Lodola -- Preclinical Evaluation of Juvenile Toxicity / Paul C. Barrow, Stéphane Barbellion, Jeanne Stadler -- Necropsy and Sampling Procedures in Rodents / Laurence Fiette, Mohamed Slaoui -- Histopathology Procedures: From Tissue Sampling to Histopathological Evaluation / Mohamed Slaoui, Laurence Fiette -- Principles and Methods of Immunohistochemistry / José A. Ramos-Vara -- Tissue Microarrays and Digital Image Analysis / Denise Ryan, Laoighse Mulrane, Elton Rexhepaj, William M. Gallagher -- Micronucleus Assay and Labeling of Centromeres with FISH Technique / Ilse Decordier, Raluca Mateuca, Micheline Kirsch-Volders -- The Use of Bacterial Repair Endonucleases in the Comet Assay / Andrew R. Collins -- Manual Whole-Cell Patch-Clamping of the HERG Cardiac K+ Channel / Xiao-Liang Chen, Jiesheng Kang, David Rampe -- Generation and Analysis of Transcriptomics Data / Philip D. Glaves, Jonathan D. Tugwood -- Protocols of Two-Dimensional Difference Gel Electrophoresis to Investigate Mechanisms of Toxicity / Emmanuelle Com, Albrecht Gruhler, Martine Courcol, Jean-Charles Gautier -- Protocols and Applications of Cellular Metabolomics in Safety Studies Using Precision-Cut Tissue Slices and Carbon 13 NMR / Gabriel Baverel, Sophie Renault, Hassan Faiz, Maha Hage, Catherine Gauthier, Agnès Duplany, Bernard Ferrier, Guy Martin -- Statistical Analysis of Quantitative RT-PCR Results / Richard Khan-Malek, Ying Wang -- Evaluation of Mitochondrial Respiration in Cultured Rat Hepatocytes / Jean-Pierre Marchandeau, Gilles Labbe -- FETAX Assay for Evaluation of Developmental Toxicity / Isabelle Mouche, Laure Malesic, Olivier Gillardeaux -- Evaluation of Embryotoxicity Using the Zebrafish Model / Lisa Truong, Stacey L. Harper, Robert L. Tanguay -- Protocols of In Vitro Protein Covalent Binding Studies in Liver / Jean-François Lévesque, Stephen H. Day, Allen N. Jones -- Utilization of MALDI-TOF to Determine Chemical-Protein Adduct Formation In Vitro / Ashley A. Fisher, Matthew T. Labenski, Terrence J. Monks, Serrine S. Lau -- Utilization of LC-MS/MS Analyses to Identify Site-Specific Chemical Protein Adducts In Vitro / Ashley A. Fisher, Matthew T. Labenski, Terrence J. Monks, Serrine S. Lau / One-Dimensional Western Blotting Coupled to LC-MS/MS Analysis to Identify Chemical-Adducted Proteins in Rat Urine / Matthew T. Labenski, Ashley A. Fisher, Terrence J. Monks, Serrine S. Lau -- Identification of Chemical-Adducted Proteins in Urine by Multi-dimensional Protein Identification Technology (LC/LC-MS/MS) / Matthew T. Labenski, Ashley A. Fisher, Terrence J. Monks, Serrine S. Lau -- Optimization of SELDI for Biomarker Detection in Plasma / Jean-Francois Léonard, Martine Courcol, Jean-Charles Gautier -- Differential Proteomics Incorporating iTRAQ Labeling and Multi-dimensional Separations / Ben C. Collins, Thomas Y. Lau, Stephen R. Pennington, William M. Gallagher -- NMR and MS Methods for Metabonomics / Frank Dieterle, Björn Riefke, Götz Schlotterbeck, Alfred Ross, Hans Senn, Alexander Amberg -- Absolute Quantification of Toxicological Biomarkers by Multiple Reaction Monitoring / Thomas Y. Lau, Ben C. Collins, Peter Stone, Ning Tang, William M. Gallagher, Stephen R. Pennington.
- Drug transporters 2011, Springer
- Drug-induced liver disease. 3rd ed. 2013, ScienceDirectI. Mechanisms of liver injury. Drug-induced liver injury / Neil Kaplowitz -- Cytochrome P450 activation of toxins and hepatotoxicity / F. Peter Guengerich -- Mechanistic role of acyl glucuronides / Howard Horng, Hilde Spahn-Langguth, and Leslie Z. Benet -- Oxidant stress, antioxidant defense, and liver injury / Mitchell R. McGill and Hartmut Jaeschke -- Hepatotoxicity due to mitochondrial injury / John J. Lemasters -- Mechanisms of cell death and relevance to drug toxicity / Lily Dara, Derick Han, and Neil Kaplowitz -- Role of membrane transport in hepatotoxicity and pathogenesis of drug-induced cholestasis / Bruno Stieger and Gerd A. Kullak-Ublick -- Liver sinusoidal endothelial cells and liver injury / Laurie D. Deleve -- Macrophages and kupffer cells in drug-induced liver injury / Mark Barnes ... [et al.] -- Role of inflammation in drug-induced liver injury / Robert A. Roth and Patricia E. Ganey -- Role of the adaptive immmune system in idiosyncratic drug-induced liver injury / Jack Uetrecht -- Role of tissue repair and death proteins in liver injury / Harihara M. Mehendale -- Genetic factors in the pathogenesis of drug-induced liver injury / Ann K. Daly and Christopher P. Day -- II. Diagnosis and management. Clinical manifestations and management of drug-induced liver diseases / Willis C. Maddrey -- Histopathological evaluationof drug-induced liver disease / David E. Kleiner -- Risk factors for drug-induced liver disease / Raj Vuppalanchi and Maga Chalasani -- Biomarkers for drug-induced liver injury / Paul B. Watkins -- Causality assessment / M. Isabel Lucena ... [et al.] -- III. Hepatotoxicity of specifid drugs. Mechanisms of acetaminophen-induced liver disease / Jack A. Hinson -- Acetaminophen / Laura P. James -- Mechanisms underlying the hepatotoxicity of nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs / Urs A. Boelsterli -- Nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs and leukotriene receptor antagonists / James H. Kewis and Jonathan G. Stine -- Mechanism, pathology, and clinical presentation of hepatotoxicity of anesthetic agents / J. Gerald Kenna -- Anticonvulsant agents / Munir Pirmohamed and J. Steven Leeder -- Hepatotoxicity of psychotropic drugs and drugs of abuse / Dominique Larrey and Marie-Pierre Ripault -- Hepatotoxicity of antimicrobials and antifungal agents / Richard H. Moseley -- Hepatotoxicity of antitubercular drugs / Sumita Verma and Neil Kaplowitz -- Hepatotoxicity of antiviral agents / Marina Núñez -- Hepatotoxicity of cardiovascular and antidiabetic drugs / Dina Halegoua-De Marzio and Victor J. Navarro -- Cancer chemotherpay / Laurie D. Deleve -- Hepatotoxicity of immunosuppressive drugs / Adrian Reuben -- Hepatotoxicity related to methotrexate / Guruprasad P. Aithal -- Adverse effects of hormones and hormone antagonists on the liver / Shivakumar Chitturi and Geoffrey C. Farrell -- Mushroom poisoning / François Durand and Dominique Valla -- Hepatotoxicity of herbals and dietary supplements / Leonard Seeff, Felix Stickel, and Victor J. Navarro -- Occupational and environmental hepatotoxicity / Keith G. Tolman and Anthony S. Dalpiaz -- Chronic liver disease from drugs / Einar S. Björnsson -- IV. Future directions. Regulatory perspectives / Mark I. Avigan -- Drug-induced liver injury research networks / Robert J. Fontana -- LiverTox / Jay H. Hoofnagle.
- Drug-related problems in the elderly 2009, Springer
- Drugs affecting 5-HT systems 2013, Wellcome Trust
- Drugs compromising male sexual health 2008, SpringerMale sexual health -- Structure and physiology of the testis -- Introduction -- The spermatozoa -- Sperm motility -- Capacitation and acrosome reaction -- Fertilization of the oocyte -- Testing substances that compromise spermatogenesis and fertility (adapted from Creasy 1997) -- Testosterone production and testosterone effects -- Physiology of erection -- Introduction -- Role of androgens in erection -- Priapism -- Physiology of ejaculation -- Drugs which compromise male sexual health -- Adverse drug effects -- Male sexual health and drugs -- Drugs which compromise testicular function -- Drugs which compromise erectile function -- Drugs which compromise ejaculation -- Database of drugs.
- Drugs for HER2-positive breast cancer 2011, Springer
- Drugs in pregnancy and lactation. 9th ed. 2011, Ovid
- Emerging safety science 2008, NAP1. Introduction -- 2. Investigative Toxicology: The State of the Art -- 3. Screening Technologies I: Human Cell-Based Approaches -- 4. Screening Technologies II: Toxicogenomics -- 5. Screening Technologies III: Metabolomics -- 6. Screening Technologies IV: Pharmacogenetics -- 7. Qualifying Biomarkers -- 8. Pharmacovigilance -- 9. Integration -- 10. The Future of Safety Science.
- EndoCANNABINOIDS 2013, SpringerPart 1.Overview of Non-Cannabinoid Receptors --Overview of Nonclassical Cannabinoid Receptors /Grzegorz Godlewski and George Kunos --Overview of Non-CB1/CB2 Cannabinoid Receptors: Chemistry and Modeling /Evangelia Kotsikorou and Patricia Reggio --Part 2.G-Protein Coupled Receptors --GPR55 in the CNS /Hui-Chen Lu, Jane E. Lauckner, John W. Huffman and Ken Mackie --The Role of GPR55 in Bone Biology /Lauren S. Whyte and Ruth A. Ross --The Role of GPR55 in Cancer /Clara Andradas, María M. Caffarel, Eduardo Pérez-Gómez, Manuel Guzmán and Cristina Sánchez --GPR18 and NAGly Signaling: New Members of the Endocannabinoid Family or Distant Cousins? /Douglas McHugh and Heather B. Bradshaw --Cannabinoid Signaling Through Non-CB1R/Non-CB2R Targets in Microglia /Neta Rimmerman, Ewa Kozela, Rivka Levy, Zvi Vogel and Ana Juknat --Part 3.Ion Channels --Temperature-Sensitive Transient Receptor Potential Channels as Ionotropic Cannabinoid Receptors /Vincenzo Di Marzo and Luciano De Petrocellis --Nonpsychoactive Cannabinoid Action on 5-HT3 and Glycine Receptors /Li Zhang and Wei Xiong --Part 4.Transcription Factors --Peroxisome Proliferator-Activated Receptors and Inflammation /James Burston and David Kendall --Peroxisome Proliferator-Activated Nuclear Receptors and Drug Addiction /Paola Mascia, Gianluigi Tanda, Sevil Yasar, Stephen J. Heishman and Steven R. Goldberg --Part 5.Conclusions/Therapeutic Potential --Conclusions: Therapeutic Potential of Novel Cannabinoid Receptors /Mary E. Abood, Roger G. Sorensen and Nephi Stella.
- Enzyme- and transporter-based drug-drug interactions 2010, Springer
- Epigenetics and disease 2011, Springer
- Ethnomedicine and drug discovery 2002, ScienceDirectTherapeutic agents from ethnomedicine / Maurice M Iwu -- Drugs from nature : past achievements, future prospects / Gordon M Cragg and David J Newman -- Natural products for high-throughput screening / Alan L Harvey -- Medical ethnobotanical research as a method to identify bioactive plants to treat infectious diseases / Thomas JS Carlson -- Development of HerbMed : an interactive, evidence-based herbal database / Jacqueline C Wootton -- Natural products : a continuing source of inspiration for the medicinal chemist / S Mbua Ngale Efange -- Integrating African ethnomedicine into primary healthcare : a framework for south-eastern Nigeria / Chioma Obijiofor -- Current initiatives in the protection of indigenous and local community knowledge : problems, concepts and lessons for the future / Robert Lettington -- Bioprospecting : using Africa's genetic resources as a new basis for economic development and regional cooperation / Anthony Onugu -- Balancing conservation with utilization : restoring populations of commercially valuable medicinal herbs in forests and agroforests / Richard A Cech -- Ethnomedicine of the Cherokee : historical and current applications / Jody E Noé --Traditional medicines and the new paradigm of psychotropic drug action / Elaine Elisabetsky -- Drug discovery through ethnobotany in Nigeria : some results / Joseph I Okogun --Plants, products and people : southern African perspectives / Nigel Gericke -- Development of antimalarial agents and drugs for parasitic infections based on leads from traditional medicine : the Walter Reed experience / Brian G Schuster -- Health foods in anti-aging therapy : reducers of physiological decline and degenerative diseases / Lisa Meserole -- Indigenous peoples and local communities embodying traditional lifestyles : definitions under Article 8 (j) of the Convention on Biological Diversity / Katy Moran -- Garcinia kola : a new look at an old adaptogenic agent / Maurice M Iwu, Angela Duncan Diop, Lisa Meserole and Chris O Okunji -- Linking intellectual property rights with traditional medicine / Michael A Gollin -- The use of conservation trust funds for sharing financial benefits in bioprospecting projects / Marianne Guerin-McManus, Kent C Nnadozie and Sarah A Laird -- The regulation of botanicals as drugs and dietary supplements in Europe / Joerg Gruenwald -- Regulation of herbal medicines in Nigeria : the role of the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) / Gabriel E Osuide -- Considerations in the development of public standards for botanicals and their dosage forms / V Srini Srinivasan -- The Belize Ethnobotany Project : safeguarding medicinal plants and traditional knowledge in Belize / Michael J Balick, Rosita Arvigo, Gregory Shropshire, Jay Walker, David Campbell and Leopoldo Romero -- Ethnobotanical research into the 21st century / Susan Tarka Nelson-Harrison, Steven R King, Charles Limbach, Carey Jackson, Andrew Galiwango, Sirimani Kisingi Kato and BR Kanyerezi -- Ethnobotanical approach to pharmaceutical drug discovery : strengths and limitations / Maurice M Iwu.
- Ethnopharmacology of medicinal plants 2006, SpringerAnti-Inflammatory Plants -- Plants Affecting the Central Nervous System -- Plants for Chemotherapy of Neoplastic Diseases.
- Evidence and rational based research on Chinese drugs 2013, Springer
- FDA administrative enforcement manual 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Federal agency roles in cancer drug development from preclinical research to new drug approval 2005, NAP
- Fertility control 2010, SpringerPart 1. Female Reproduction -- New Insights into Ovarian Function / JoAnne S. Richards and Stephanie A. Pangas -- Estrogen Signaling in the Regulation of Female Reproductive Functions / J. K. Findlay, S. H. Liew, E. R. Simpson and K. S. Korach -- Progesterone Receptors and Ovulation / Orla M. Conneely -- Contraception Targets in Mammalian Ovarian Development / Eileen A. McLaughlin and Alexander P. Sobinoff -- Proteomics of Embryonic Implantation / T. Garrido-Gómez, F. Dominguez and C. Simón -- Evaluation of Plasma Membrane Calcium/Calmodulin-Dependent ATPase Isoform 4 as a Potential Target for Fertility Contro / Elizabeth J. Cartwright and Ludwig Neyses -- Part 2. Male Reproduction -- New Insights into Sperm Physiology and Pathology / R. John Aitken, Mark A. Baker, Geoffry N. De Iuliis and Brett Nixon -- The Epididymis as a Target for Male Contraceptive Development / B. T. Hinton and T. G. Cooper -- Sperm-Zona Pellucida Interaction: Molecular Mechanisms and the Potential for Contraceptive Intervention / Matthew D. Dun, Lisa A. Mitchell, R. John Aitken and Brett Nixon -- Mouse Models as Tools in Fertility Research and Male-Based Contraceptive Development / Duangporn Jamsai and Moira K. O'Bryan -- Part 3. New options: From target to product -- Male Hormonal Contraception / E. Nieschlag -- Family Planning: Today and in the Future / Michael J. K. Harper.
- Fighting multidrug resistance with herbal extracts, essential oils and their components 2013, ScienceDirectFighting Multidrug Resistance with Herbal Extracts, Essential Oils and their Components offers scientists a single source aimed at fighting specific multidrug-resistant (MDR) microorganisms such as bacteria, protozoans, viruses and fungi using natural products. This essential reference discusses herbal extracts and essential oils used or under investigation to treat MDR infections, as well as those containing antimicrobial activity that could be of potential interest in future studies against MDR microorganisms. The need to combat multidrug-resistant microorganisms is an urgent one and this book provides important coverage of mechanism of action, the advantages and disadvantages of using herbal extracts, essential oils and their components and more to aid researchers in effective antimicrobial drug discovery . Addresses the need to develop safe and effective approaches to coping with resistance to all classes of antimicrobial drugs . Provides readers with current evidence-based content aimed at using herbal extracts and essential oils in antimicrobial drug development . Includes chapters devoted to the activity of herbal products against herpes, AIDS, tuberculosis, drug-resistant cancer cells and more.
- Food-drug synergy and safety 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Fragment-based drug design 2011, ScienceDirectThere are numerous excellent reviews on Fragment Based Drug Discovery (FBDD), but there are to date no hand-holding guides or protocols with which one can embark on this orthogonal approach to complement traditional high throughput screening methodologies. This Methods in Enzymology volume offers the tools, practical approaches, and hit-to-lead examples on how to conduct FBDD screens. The chapters in this volume cover methods that have proven to be successful in generating leads from fragments, including chapters on how to apply computational techniques, nuclear magnetic resonance, surface plasma resonance, thermal shift and binding assays, protein crystallography, and medicinal chemistry in FBDD. Also elaborated by experienced researchers in FBDD are sample preparations of fragments, proteins, and GPCR as well as examples of how to generate leads from hits. Offers the tools, practical approaches, and hit-to-lead examples on how to conduct FBDD screens. The chapters in this volume cover methods that have proven to be successful in generating leads from fragments, including chapters on how to apply computational techniques, nuclear magnetic resonance, surface plasma resonance, thermal shift and binding assays, protein crystallography, and medicinal chemistry in FBDD.
- GABA receptors. 3rd ed. 2007, Springer
- Generic drug product development. Second edition. [2nd ed.] 2014, CRCnetBASE"This book collects in-depth discussions from more than 30 noted specialists on topics such as quality control, experimental formulations, pharmaceutical ingredients, conventional and modified-release products, and bioequivalence. It considers key elements in the formulation of generic drug products including the availability of raw materials and chemical purity. It contains new chapters on experimental formulation development, and the relationship between the FDA and the United States Pharmacopeia"--Provided by publisher.
- Genomic biomarkers for pharmaceutical development 2014, ScienceDirectGenomic Biomarkers for Pharmaceutical Development: Advancing Personalized Health Care provides an in-depth review of the state of translational science across all stages of pharmaceutical development with a special focus on personalized health care. This book provides a complete picture of biomarker development and validation in a pharmaceutical setting while addressing the inherent challenges of targeting the appropriate indications, biomarker robustness, regulatory hurdles, commercialization and much more. It features case studies devoted to the applications of pharmacogenomics, toxicogenomics, and other genetic technologies as they support drug discovery and development. With chapters written by international authorities in industry and academia, this work is a truly unique presentation of the thoughts and approaches that lead to the development of personalized medicine. Intended for all those involved in clinical translational research, this book is the ideal resource for scientists searching for the applications, strategies and successful approaches of translational science in pharmaceutical development. Provides case studies in applications of pharmacodynamic and predictive markers in drug development in oncology, autoimmunity, respiratory diseases and infectious diseases. Shows how to identify potential new therapeutic targets in different diseases and provides examples of potential new disease indications for life cycle management of drugs. Authored by leading international experts from industry and academia.
- Global clinical trials playbook. 1st ed. 2012, ScienceDirect
- Glutamate and GABA receptors and transporters 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Print Material
- Goodman & Gilman's The Pharmacological basis of therapeutics. 12th ed. 2011 (12th ed.), AccessMedicineDrug invention and the pharmaceutical industry -- Pharmacokinetics: the dynamics of drug absorption, distribution, metabolism, and elimination -- Pharmacodynamics: molecular mechanisms of drug action -- Drug toxicity and poisoning -- Membrane transporters and drug response -- Drug metabolism -- Pharmacogenetics -- Neurotransmission: the autonomic and somatic motor nervous systems -- Muscarinic receptor agonists and antagonists -- Anticholinesterase agents -- Agents acting at the neuromuscular junction and autonomic ganglia -- Adrenergic agonists and antagonists -- 5-Hydroxytryptamine (serotonin) and dopamine -- Neurotransmission and the central nervous system -- Drug therapy of depression and anxiety disorders -- Pharmacotherapy of psychosis and mania -- Hyponotics and sedatives -- -- Opioids, analgesia, and pain management -- General anesthetics and therapeutic gases -- Local anesthetics -- Pharmacotherapy of the epilepsies -- Treatment of central nervous system degenerative disorders -- Ethanol and methanol -- Drug addiction -- Regulation of renal function and vascular volume -- Renin and angiotensin -- Treatment of myocardial ischemia and hypertension -- Pharmacotherapy of congestive heart failure -- Anti-arrhythmic drugs -- Blood coagulation and anticoagulant, fibrinolytic, and antiplatelet drugs -- Drug therapy for hypercholesterolemia and dyslipidemia -- Histamine, bradykinin, and their antagonists -- Lipid-derived autacoids: eicosanoids and platelet-activating factor -- Anti-inflammatory, antipyretic, and analgesic agents; pharmacotherapy of gout -- Immunosuppressants, tolerogens, and immunostimulants -- Pulmonary pharmacology -- Hematopoietic agents: growth factors, minerals, and vitamins --Introduction to endocrinology: the hypothalamic-pituitary axis -- Thyroid and anti-thyroid drugs -- Estrogens and progestins -- Androgens -- ACTH, adrenal steroids, and pharmacology of the adrenal cortex -- Endocrine pancreas and pharmacotherapy of diabetes mellitus and hypoglycemia -- Agents affecting mineral ion homeostasis and bone turnover -- Pharmacotherapy of gastric acidity, peptic ulcers, and gastroesophageal reflux disease -- Treatment of disorders of bowel motility and water flux; anti-emetics; agents used in biliary and pancreatic disease -- Pharmacotherapy of inflammatory bowel disease -- General principles of antimicrobial therapy -- Chemotherapy of malaria -- Chemotherapy of protozoal infections: amebiasis, giardiasis, trichomoniasis, trypanosomiasis, leishmaniasis, and other protozoal infections -- Chemotherapy of helminth infections -- Sulfonamides, trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole, quinolones, and agents for urinary tract infections -- Penicillins, cephalosporins, and other β-lactam antibiotics -- Aminoglycosides -- Protein synthesis inhibitors and miscellaneous antibacterial agents -- Chemotherapy of tuberculosis, mycobacterium avium complex disease, and leprosy -- Antifungal agents -- Antiviral agents (nonretroviral) -- Antiretroviral agents and treatment of HIV infection -- General principles of cancer chemotherapy -- Cytotoxic agents -- Targeted therapies: tyrosine kinase inhibitors, monoclonal antibodies, and cytokines -- Natural products in cancer chemotherapy: hormones and related agents -- Ocular pharmacology -- Dermatological pharmacology -- Contraception and pharmacotherapy of obstetrical and gynecological disorders -- Environmental toxicology; carcinogens and heavy metals -- Appendix I: Principles of prescription order writing and patient compliance -- Appendix II: Design and optimization of dosage regimens: pharmacokinetic data.
- GPCR signalling complexes 2012, SpringerER-bound steps in the biosynthesis of G protein-coupled receptors /Christian Nanoff and Michael Freissmuth --Role of chaperones in G Protein coupled receptor signaling complex assembly /Denis J. Dupré, Maha M. Hammad, Patrick Holland and Jaime Wertman --GPCR oligomerization: contribution to receptor biogenesis /Kathleen Van Craenenbroeck --The functional size of GPCRs: monomers, dimers or tetramers? /Darlaine Pétrin and Terence E. Hébert --Regulation of post-Golgi traffic of G protein-coupled receptors /Guangyu Wu --Regulated GPCR trafficking to the plasma membrane: general issues and the CCR5 chemokine receptor example /Hamasseh Shirvani, Gabriel Gätà and Stefano Marullo --Regulatory processes governing the cell surface expression of LH and FSH receptors /Deborah L. Segaloff --Chaperone-mediated assembly of G protein complexes /Barry M. Willardson and Christopher M. Tracy --Synthesis and assembly of G protein [beta][gamma] dimers: comparison of in vitro and in vivo studies /Jane Dingus and John D. Hildebrandt --Preferential assembly of G-[alpha][beta][gamma] complexes directed by the [gamma] subunits /Janet D. Robishaw --G Protein trafficking /Philip B. Wedegaertner --Differential assembly of GPCR signaling complexes determines signaling specificity /Pascal Maurice, Abla Benleulmi-Chaachoua and Ralf Jockers --GPCR and voltage-gated calcium channels (VGCC) signaling complexes /Christophe Altier --Pharmacological chaperones correct misfolded GPCRs and rescue function: protein trafficking as a therapeutic target /Guadalupe Maya-Núñez, Alfredo Ulloa-Aguirre, Jo Ann Janovick and P. Michael Conn.
- GPCRs 2007, Springer
- Handbook of drug interactions. 2nd ed. 2012, Springer
- Handbook of drug monitoring methods 2008, SpringerIntroduction to therapeutic drug monitoring. -- Monitoring free drug concentration. -- Analytical techniques for measuring concentrations of therapeutic drugs in biological fluids. -- The pre-analytical phase of drug testing: from specimen collection to analysis. -- Effect of hemolysis, high bilirubin, lipemia, paraproteins, and system factors on therapeutic drug monitoring. -- Digoxin: so many interferences and how to eliminate them. -- Interferences with measurement of anticonvulsants. -- Pitfalls in measuring antidepressant drugs. -- Immunosuppressive drugs: pharmacokinetics, preanalytic variables, and analytical considerations. -- Therapeutic drug monitoring in human immunodeficiency virus/acquired immunodeficiency syndrome. -- Pharmacogenetics and personalized medicine: issues and methodology. -- Interference of heterophilic and other antibodies in measurement of therapeutic drugs by immunoassays. -- Drug-herb and drug-food interactions: impact on therapeutic drug monitoring. -- Toxic element testing with clinical specimens. -- Alcohol testing. -- Introduction to drugs of abuse testing. -- Urinary adulterants and drugs of abuse testing. -- Hair, oral fluid, sweat, and meconium testing for drugs of abuse: advantages and pitfalls. -- Abused and designer drugs and how they escape detection. -- Interpretation of amphetamines screening and confirmation testing. -- Clinical false-positive drug test results. -- Providing expert witness for alcohol and positive drugs of abuse test results.
- Handbook of isolation and characterization of impurities in pharmaceuticals 2003, ScienceDirect
- Handbook of methadone prescribing and buprenorphine therapy 2013, Springer
- Handbook of modern pharmaceutical analysis 2001, ScienceDirectModern pharmaceutical analysis : an overview / S. Ahuja -- Combinatorial chemistry and high-throughput screening in drug discovery and development / Ken Appell, John J. Baldwin and William J. Egan -- Solid-state analysis / Harry G. Brittain -- Degradation and impurity analysis for pharmaceutical drug candidates / Karen M. Alsante, Robert C. Friedmann, Todd D. Hatajik, Linda L. Lohr, Thomas R. Sharp, Kimberly D. Snyder and Edward J. Szczesny -- Preformulation studies / Edward Lau -- Solid dosage-form analysis / Philip J. Palermo -- Parenteral dosage forms / Gregory A. Birrer, Satya S. Murthy, Jie Liu and Judy Estrada -- New drug delivery systems / David C. Pang -- Compendial testing / Christine F. Richardson -- Method development / Henrik T. Rasmussen -- Setting up specifications / Ian E. Davidson -- Validation of pharmaceutical test methods / Jonathan B. Crowther -- Stability studies / Jessica Cha, Joseph S. Ranweiler and Philip A. Lane -- Analytical methodology transfer / Stephen Scypinski -- Pharmaceutical analysis documentation / Hitesh Chokshi and Kathleen Schostack -- An innovative separation platform : electrophoretic microchip technology / Lian Ji Jin, Jerome Ferrance, Zhili Huang and James P. Landers.
- Handbook of neuroemergency clinical trials 2006, ScienceDirectFulltext ScienceDirectAcute ischemic stroke / Christopher Bladin and Stephen Davis -- Subarachnoid hemorrhage / Nader Pouratian, Aaron S. Dumont, and Neal F. Kassell -- Spontaneous intracerebral hemorrhage / Michael D. Hill -- Traumatic brain injury / Wayne M. Alves and Lawrence F. Marshall -- Acute seizures and status epilepticus / Susan Herman -- Clinical trials in neuro-ophthalmology / Madhura Tamhankar and Laura Balcer -- Brain resuscitation / Edwin Nemoto and Charles C. King -- Clinical trials in brain injury after cardiac arrest / Romergryko G. Geocadin and Daniel F. Hanley -- Efficient dose-response finding strategies for acute neuroemergency treatments / Tom Parke ... [et al.] -- Biostatistical issues in neuroemergency clinical trials / Wayne M. Alves -- Data safety and monitoring board: role in acute neurological trials / Brett E. Skolnick -- Role of a project medical officer in acute neuroemergency clinical trials / Joseph A. Kwentus -- Ethical considerations in neuroemergency clinical trials / Wayne M. Alves -- Industry perspective on drug development / Thomas C. Wessel and Christopher Gallen -- Regulatory perspective / Lisa L. Travis.
- Handbook of pediatric cardiovascular drugs 2008, Springer
- Handbook of pharmaceutical analysis by HPLC 2005, ScienceDirect
- Handbook of stability testing in pharmaceutical development 2009, Springer
- Helping parents, youth, and teachers understand medications for behavioral and emotional problems. 3rd ed. 2007, PsychiatryOnline
- Herbal products. 2nd ed. 2007, SpringerPreface --Contributors --ch 1.Ma huang and the ephedra alkaloids /Steven B. Karch --ch. 2.Kava /Douglas D. Glover --ch. 3.Ginkgo biloba /Timothy S. Tracy --ch. 4.Valerian /Brian J. Isetts --ch. 5.St. John's wort /Dean Filandrinos,Thomas R. Yentsch,andKatie L. Meyers --ch. 6.Echinacea /Daniel BerknerandLeo Sioris --ch. 7.Feverfew /Richard L. Kingston --ch. 8.Garlic /Leslie HelouandIla M. Harris --ch. 9.Ginger /Douglas D. Glover --ch. 10.Saw palmetto /Timothy S. Tracy --ch. 11.Panax ginseng /Timothy S. Tracy --ch. 12.Cranberry /Timothy S. Tracy --ch. 13.Hawthorn /Timothy S. Tracy --ch. 14.Evening primrose /Margaret B. Artz --ch. 15.Citrus aurantium /Anders Westanmo --ch. 16.Vitex agnus-castus /Margaret B. Artz --ch. 17.Billberry /Timothy S. Tracy --Index.
- High content screening 2006, Springer Protocols
- High throughput analysis for early drug discovery 2004, ScienceDirect
- High throughput bioanalytical sample preparation 2003, ScienceDirect
- High throughput screening 2002, Springer Protocols
- Hooked 2007The Good, the bad, and the ugly : a story of two medications -- An Ethical framework -- The Pharmaceutical industry and the free market -- Patents, generic drugs, and academic science -- Research and profits -- Suppression of research data -- The Quality of pharmaceutical research -- The Drug rep: historical background -- The Drug rep today -- The Influence of drug reps: what the data show -- Continuing medical education -- Professional organizations and journal advertising -- The Industry and the consumer -- The FDA: from patent medicines to AIDS drugs -- The FDA and the industry, 1990-2004 -- Solutions: the management and divestment strategies -- Solutions requiring enhanced professionalism in medicine -- Solutions requiring regulatory reform.
- HPLC method development for pharmaceuticals 2007, ScienceDirect
- Ibuprofen 2012, SpringerIbuprofen is one of the most successful drugs used worldwide for the treatment of mild to moderate pain and various inflammatory conditions, even in a low-dose form for over-the-counter (OTC), non-prescription sale. Over the past 40 years, ibuprofen has been proven to be as safe or safer and just as effective as established non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) or coxibs. This book reviews the pharmacology, clinical uses and adverse effects of ibuprofen. Its disposition and unique modes of action in relation to clinical effects are discussed as well as various formulations and the impact of food and other variables on its actions and gastro-intestinal safety. The use of combinations of ibuprofen with other drugs (e.g. paracetamol, codeine and caffeine) are critically assessed. There are already some indications of potential therapeutic benefits of the drug combinations in treating certain painful conditions, while still retaining the relative safety benefits of ibuprofen (at least at OTC dosages). The impact of natural products and Chinese Medicines on the safety of ibuprofen is also reviewed. The book is written in a more general style, including explanatory diagrams, for anyone interested in the properties, actions and uses of ibuprofen.
- Identification and quantification of drugs, metabolites and metabolizing enzymes by LC-MS. 1st ed. 2005, ScienceDirect
- Imaging in drug discovery and early clinical trials 2005, Springer
- Imaging in drug discovery and early clinical trials 2005, Springer
- Immunogenicity of biopharmaceuticals 2008, Springer
- Immunopharmacology 2008, Springer
- Immunotoxicology and immunopharmacology. 3rd ed. 2007, CRCnetBASE
- In silico technologies in drug target identification and validation 2006, CRCnetBASEPattern matching / Scott Markel and Vinodh N. Rajapakse -- Tools for computational protein annotation and function assignment / Jaume M. Canaves -- The impact of genetic variation on drug discovery and development / Michael R. Barnes -- Mining of gene expression data / Aedin Culhane and Alvis Brazma -- Text mining / Bruce Gomes, William Hayes, and Raf Podowski -- Pathways and networks / Eric Minch and Ivayla Vatcheva -- Molecular interactions: learning from protein complexes / Ana Rojas, David de Juan, and Alfonso Valencia -- In silico siRNA design / Darryl León -- Predicting protein subcellular localization using intelligent systems / Rajesh Nair and Burkhard Rost -- Three-dimensional structures in target discovery and validation / Seán I. O'Donoghue, Robert B. Russell, and Andrea Schafferhans -- Comparative genomics / Viviane Siino, Bruce Pascal, and Christopher Sears -- Pharmacogenomics / Bahram Ghaffarzadeh Kermani -- Target identification and validation using human simulation models / Seth Michelson, Didier Scherrer, and Alex L. Bangs -- Using protein targets for in silico structure-based drug discovery / Tad Hurst -- Database management / Arek Kasprzyk and Damian Smedley -- BioIT hardware configuration / Philip Miller -- BioIT architecture: software architecture for bioinformatics research / Michael Dickson -- Workflows and data pipelines / Michael Peeler -- Ontologies / Robin A. McEntire and Robert Stevens.
- Indian medicinal plants 2007, Springer
- Industrial pharmaceutical biotechnology 2002, Wileych. 1. Introduction to Functional Biotechnology, p. 1-72 -- ch. 2. Organizational Structures, p. 73-76 -- ch. 3. Markets and Factors, p. 77-78 -- ch. 4. Biotechnology and Medicine, p. 79-116 -- ch. 5. Drug Discovery, p. 117-144 -- ch. 6. Molecular Pharma-Biotechnology, p. 145-194 -- ch. 7. Research and Development, p. 195-200 -- ch. 8. Pharmaceutical Production, p. 201-238 -- ch. 9. Safety, p. 239-240 -- ch. 10. Environment, p. 241-243 -- ch. 11. Ethics, p. 245-246 -- ch. 12. Companies, Institutes, Networks, and Organizations, p. 247-261.
- Insulin-like growth factors and cancer 2012, SpringerEpidemiology of IGF-1 and cancer / Katharina Nimptsch and Eward Giovannucci -- Aging and cancer : the IGF- I connection / Kalina Biernacka, Claire Perks, and Jeff Holly -- Obesity, type 2 diabetes and cancer / Rosalyn D. Ferguson and Derek LeRoith -- IGF system and breast cancer / Marc A. Becker and Douglas Yee -- The role of insulin-like growth factor signaling in prostate cancer development and progression / Bruce Montgomery, James Dean, and Stephen Plymate -- IGF-1 cellular action and its relationship to cancer : evidence from in vitro and in vivo studies / Rosalyn D. Ferguson ... [et al.] -- Insulin-like growth factor signaling in pediatric sarcomas / Xiaolin Wan, Su Young Kim, and Lee J. Helman -- Cancer genes, tumor suppressors, and regulation of IGF1-R gene expression in cancer / Haim Werner ... [et al.] -- Mouse models of IGF-1R and cancer / Craig I. Campbell, James J. Petrik, and Roger A. Moorehead -- Targeting the insulin-like growth factor-I receptor in cancer therapy / David R. Clemmons -- Targeting insulin-like growth factor receptor 1 (IGF-1R) and insulin receptor signaling by tyrosine kinase inhibitors in cancer / Joan M. Carboni, Mark Wittman, and Fei Huang -- Calories and cancer : the role of insulin-like growth factor-1 / Stephen D. Hursting ... [et al.] -- Cancer cell metabolism / Akash Patnaik, Jason W. Locasale, and Lewis C. Cantley -- Overlaps between the insulin and IGF-I receptor and cancer / Antonino Belfiore and Roberta Malaguarnera.
- Interactions of yeasts, moulds, and antifungal agents 2012, SpringerAntifungal agents -- Antifungal susceptibility testing: Clinical Laboratory and Standards Institute (CLSI) methods -- Antifungal susceptibility testing methods: non-CLSI methods for yeast and moulds -- Susceptibility testing of dermatophytes -- Usual susceptibility patterns of common yeasts -- Usual susceptibility patterns of common moulds and systemic fungi -- Usual susceptibility patterns for systemic dimorphic fungi -- Utility of antifungal susceptibility testing and clinical correlations.
- Interferon methods and protocols 2005, Springer Protocols
- Introduction to pharmacology. 2nd ed. 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Key statistical concepts in clinical trials for pharma 2012, Springer
- Lead molecules from natural products 2006, ScienceDirectReverse pharmacognosy : a new concept for accelerating natural drug discovery / Quoc-Tuan Do and Philippe Bernard -- Effects of plant extracts on gene expression profiling : from macroarrays to microarray technology / Carlo Mischiati, Alessia Sereni, Mahmud Tareq Hassan Khan, Ilaria Lampronti and Roberto Gambari -- Effects of medicinal plant extracts on molecular interactions between DNA and transcription factors / Ilaria Lampronti, Mahmud Tareq Hassan Khan, Nicoletta Bianchi, Giordana Feriotto, Carlo Mischiati, Monica Borgatti and Roberto Gambari -- Plants with antitumor properties : from biologically active molecules to drugs / Ilaria Lampronti, Mahmud Tareq Hassan Khan, Nicoletta Bianchi, Elisabetta Lambertini, Roberta Piva, Monica Borgatti and Roberto Gambari -- Herbal extracts and compounds active against herpes simplex virus / Kenneth D. Thompson -- Pharmacological modulation of cough reflex / Gabriela Nosalova, Juraj Mokry and Sona Franova -- Phytotherapy of cough / Sona Franova, Gabriela Nosalova and Juraj Mokry -- The medicinal potential of black seed (Nigella sativa) and its components / Hala Gali-Muhtasib, Nahed El-Najjar and Regine Schneider-Stock -- Cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitors from natural sources : recent advances and future prospects for cancer treatment / Hala Gali-Muhtasib -- Anticancer and medicinal properties of essential oil and extracts of East Mediterranean sage (salvia triloba) / Hala Gali-Muhtasib -- Marine organisms from Brazil as source of potential anticancer agents / Letícia Veras Costa-Lotufo, Cláudia Pessoa, Maria Elisabete A. Moraes, Adaíla Marta Paixão Almeida, Manoel Odorico de Moraes and Tito Monteiro da Cruz Lotufo -- Anticancer potential of Northeast Brazilian plants / Cláudia Pessoa, Letícia Veras Costa-Lotufo, Albert Leyva, Maria Elisabete Amaral de Moraes and Manoel Odorico de Moraes --Safety and efficacy of phytomedicines / Manoel Odorico de Moraes, Fernando Antônio Frota Bezerra, Letícia Veras Costa-Lotufo, Cláudia Pessoa and Maria Elisabete Amaral de Moraes -- Pharmacological and biochemical profiling of lead compounds from traditional remedies : the case of Croton cajucara / Maria Aparecida M. Maciel, Tereza Neuma C. Dantas, Janaína Keila P. Câmara, Angelo C. Pinto, Valdir F. Veiga Jr., Carlos R. Kaiser, Nuno A. Pereira, Cristina M.T.S. Carneiro, Frederico A. Vanderlinde, Antônio J. Lapa, Aniele R. Agner, Ilce M.S. Cólus, Juliana Echevarria-Lima, Noema F. Grynberg, Andressa Esteves-Souza, Kenia Pissinate and Aurea Echevarria -- Antihypertensive peptides from natural resources / Toshiro Matsui and Kiyoshi Matsumoto -- Xanthones as therapeutic agents : chemistry and pharmacology / Noungoue Tchamo Diderot, Ngouela Silvere and Tsamo Etienne -- Inhibition of immunodeficiency type-1 virus (HIV-1) life cycle by medicinal plant extracts and plant-derived compounds / Roberto Gambari and Ilaria Lampronti -- Anticancer properties of saffron, Crocus sativus Linn. / José-Antonio Fernández -- Lead compounds and drug candidates from some Turkish plants for human health / İlkay Orhan and Bilge Şener -- Molecular design of multifunctional anti-Salmonella agents based on natural products / Isao Kubo, Ken-ichi Fujita, Ken-ichi Nihei and Aya Kubo -- Plant growth inhibitory activities by secondary metabolites isolated from Latin American flora / Carlos L Céspedes, Juan C Marín, Mariana Domínguez, J Guillermo Avila and Blanca Serrato -- Metabolomics : systematic studies of the metabolic profiling / Mahmud Tareq Hassan Khan and Arjumand Ather.
- Leading pharmaceutical innovation. 2nd ed. 2008, Springer
- Marijuana and cannabinoid research 2005, Springer Protocols
- Marijuana and the cannabinoids 2007, SpringerCannabis and natural cannabis medicines / Robert C. Clarke and David P. Watson -- Chemistry and analysis of phytocannabinoids and other cannabis constituents / Rudolf Brenneisen -- Chemical fingerprinting of cannabis as a means of source identification / Mahmoud A. ElSohly, Donald F. Stanford, and Timothy P. Murphy -- Marijuana smoke condensate: chemistry and pharmacology / Hala N. ElSohly and Mahmoud A. ElSohly -- Pharmacology of cannabinoids / Lionel P. Raymon and H. Chip Walls -- The endocannabinoid system and the therapeutic potential of cannabinoids / Billy R. Martin -- Immunoassays for the detection of cannabis abuse: technologies, development strategies, and multilevel applications / Jane S-C. Tsai -- Mass spectrometric methods for determination of cannabinoid physiological specimens / Rodger L. Foltz -- Human cannabinoid pharmacokinetics and interpretation of cannabinoid concentrations in biological fluids and tissues / Marilyn A. Huestis and Michael L. Smith -- Medical and health consequences of marijuana / Jag H. Khalsa -- Effects of marijuana on the lung and immune defenses / Donald P. Tashkin and Michael D. Roth -- Marijuana and driving impairment / Barry K. Logan -- Postmortem considerations / Steven B. Karch -- Cannabinoid effects on biopsychological, neuropsychiatric and neurological processes / Richard E. Musty.
- Mechanisms of insulin action 2007, SpringerInsulin and IGF-I receptor structure and binding mechanism / Pierre de Meyts ... [et al.] -- Subcellular compartmentalization of insulin signaling processes and GLUT4 trafficking events / Robert T. Watson ... [et al.] -- Regulation of insulin action and insulin secretion by snare-mediated vesicle exocytosis / Debbie C. Thurmond -- Control of protein synthesis by insulin / Joseph F. Christian and John C. Lawrence -- Hepatic regulation of fuel metabolism / Catherine Clark and Christopher B. Newgard -- Insulin action gene regulation / Calum D. Sutherland, Richard M. O'Brien, and Daryl K. Granner -- Insulin action in the islet B-cell / Rohit N. KulkarnI -- Central regulation of insulin sensitivity / Silvana Obici and Luciano Rossetti -- Transgenic models of impaired insulin signaling / Francesco Oriente and Domenico Accili -- Insulin resistance / C. Hamish Courtney and Jerrold M. Olefsky.
- Medicalization of cannabis 2010, Wellcome Trust
- Medicinal chemistry. 3rd ed. 2005, MyiLibrary
- Medicinal plants 2006, CRCnetBASEA unified and single-source reference book providing significant data on a wide spectrum of medicinal herbs practiced worldwide and their chemical ingredients. 350 plants are dealt with in detail dovetailing their distinguishing botanical characters, chemical components and biomarkers of all the useful parts, authentic medicinal properties and the pharmacological actions they elicit. Constituent compounds have been grouped according to their natural product classification. This book is intended to oncompass an in-depth coverage of the chemistry of "Plant Products" such as alkaloids, terponoids, phenolics, etc. Emerging trends like aromatherapy and antioxidant therapy are discussed and a user's guide is appended at the end.--excerpted from book jacket.
- Medicinal plants 2012, CRCnetBASE
- Medicinal plants of Asia and the Pacific 2006, CRCnetBASEMedicinal plants classified in the family Annonaceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Myristicaceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Lauraceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Piperaceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Aristolochiaceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Nympheaceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Menispermaceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Polygonaceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Myrsinaceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Ebenaceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Bombacaceae --Medicinal plants classified in the family Elaeocarpaceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Capparaceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Flacourtiaceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Passifloraceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Cucurbitaceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Connaraceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Anisophylleaceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Rosaceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Thymeleaceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Melastomataceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Rhizophoraceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Olacaceae --Medicinal plants classified in the family Icacinaceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Euphorbiaceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Sapindaceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Anacardiaceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Simaroubaceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Meliaceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Rutaceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Loganiaceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Gentianaceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Apocynaceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Asclepiadaceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Solanaceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Verbenaceae.
- Medicinal plants of the world. v. 1-3 v. 3, 2005., Springer
- Membrane transporters 2003, Springer Protocols
- Metabolic syndrome 2013, SpringerMetabolic syndrome is a common syndrome affecting about 20% of the adult population in Europe, and the prevalence is likely similar in other industrialised countries worldwide. It is mainly caused by the western lifestyle, which tends to produce abdominal obesity, but a genetic predisposition also plays a part. This syndrome, which is linked to leisure lifestyles and overeating/obesity, can develop into type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease and cancer. Therefore, proper treatment and prevention are essential. This book discusses lifestyle intervention and treatment, specifically with pharmacological compounds, in order to formulate a strategy for treating the metabolic syndrome in daily practice.
- Chapter 1. ₃Li Lithium Metallotherapeutics / Robin S.B. Williams and Adrian J. Harwood, p. 1-17 -- Chapter 2. ₅B Boron Compounds as Therapeutic Drugs / Geeta Rana, Kamesh Vyakaranam, John A. Maguire and Narayan S. Hosmane, p. 19-49 -- Chapter 3. ₁₂Mg The Role of Magnesium As a Metallotherapeutic Drug / Pietro Delva, p. 51-64 -- Chapter 4. ₁₃Al Aluminum Metallotherapeutics / Thanos Salifoglou, p. 65-82 -- Chapter 5. ₁₄Si Biological Activity of Organosilicon Compounds / Edmunds Lukevics and Luba Ignatovich, p. 83-107 -- Chapter 6. ₂₀Ca The Role of Calcium As a Metallotherapeutic Drug / Mario Barbagallo and Ligia J. Dominguez, p. 109-124 -- Chapter 7. ₂₂Ti Anti-Tumor Titanium Drugs / Erich Dubler, p. 125-142 -- Chapter 8. ₂₃V Insulin-Mimetic Vanadium-Containing Compounds / Tamás Kiss and Tamás Jakusch, p. 143-158 -- Chapter 9. ₂₅Mn Manganese Metallotherapeutics / Jeanne H. Freeland-Graves, Tanushree Bose and Abbass Karbassian, p. 159-178 -- Chapter 10. ₂₆Fe The Use of Iron-Based Drugs in Medicine / Xiang Wu and Mei Lin Go, p. 179-200 -- Chapter 11. ₂₇Co Cobalt Complexes As Potential Pharmaceutical Agents / Hui Chao and Liang-Nian Ji, p. 201-218 -- Chapter 12. ₂₉Cu Chemotherapeutic Copper Compounds / Francisco González-Vílchez and Rosario Vilaplana, p. 219-236 -- Chapter 13. ₃₀Zn The Role of Zinc As a Metallotherapeutic Agent / Jane V. Higdon and Emily Ho, p. 237-257 -- Chapter 14. ₃₁Ga Therapeutic Gallium Compounds / Lawrence R. Bernstein, p. 259-277 -- Chapter 15. ₃₂Ge Biological Activity of Organogermanium Compounds / Edmunds Lukevics and Luba Ignatovich, p. 279-295 -- Chapter 16. ₃₃As Metallotherapeutic Arsenic Compounds / Paul C. Ho, p. 297-311 -- Chapter 17. ₃₄Se The Use of Selenium-Based Drugs in Medicine / Michael Carland and Tahli Fenner, p. 313-332 -- Chapter 18. ₄₃Tc Technetium in Medicine / Oyebola O. Sogbein and John F. Valliant, p. 333-358 -- Chapter 19. ₄₄Ru Perspectives of Ruthenium Complexes in Cancer Therapy / Olivier Lentzen, Cécile Moucheron and Andrée Kirsch-De Mesmaeker, p. 359-378 -- Chapter 20. ₄₅Rh Rhodium in Medicine / Florian P. Pruchnik, p. 379-397 -- Chapter 21. ₄₆Pd The Use of Palladium Complexes in Medicine / Achilleas Garoufis, Sotiris K. Hadjikakou and Nick Hadjiliadis, p. 399-419 -- Chapter 22. ₅₀Sn Tin Compounds and Their Therapeutic Potential / Marcel Gielen and Edward R.T. Tiekink, p. 421-439 -- Chapter 23. ₅₁Sb Antimony in Medicine / Siucheong Yan, Lan Jin and Hongzhe Sun, p. 441-461 -- Chapter 24. ₇₅Re Therapeutic Rhenium Radiopharmaceuticals / Jonathan R. Dilworth and Paul S. Donnelly, p. 463-487 -- Chapter 25. ₇₈Pt Platinum-Based Drugs / Viktor Brabec and Jana Kasparkova, p. 489-506 -- Chapter 26. ₇₉Au Gold-Based Metallotherapeutics: Use and Potential / Soo Yei Ho and Edward R.T. Tiekink, p. 507-527 -- Chapter 27. ₈₃Bi Bismuth-Based Pharmaceuticals / Neil Burford and Melanie D. Eelman, p. 529-540 -- Chapter 28. Paramagnetic Metal Complexes As Contrast Agents for Magnetic Resonance Imaging / Silvio Aime, Alessandro Barge, Eliana Gianolio, Simonetta Geninatti Crich, Walter Dastrú and Fulvio Uggeri, p. 541-560.
- Methylxanthines 2011, SpringerNotes on the History of Caffeine Use / Bertil B. Fredholm -- Distribution, Biosynthesis and Catabolism of Methylxanthines in Plants / Hiroshi Ashihara, Misako Kato and Alan Crozier -- Pharmacokinetics and Metabolism of Natural Methylxanthines in Animal and Man / Maurice J. Arnaud -- Inhibition of Cyclic Nucleotide Phosphodiesterases by Methylxanthines and Related Compounds / Sharron H. Francis, Konjeti R. Sekhar, Hengming Ke and Jackie D. Corbin -- Methylxanthines and Ryanodine Receptor Channels / Serge Guerreiro, Marc Marien and Patrick P. Michel -- Xanthines as Adenosine Receptor Antagonists / Christa E. Müller and Kenneth A. Jacobson -- Theobromine and the Pharmacology of Cocoa / Hendrik Jan Smit -- Propentofylline: Glial Modulation, Neuroprotection, and Alleviation of Chronic Pain / Sarah Sweitzer and Joyce De Leo -- Methylxanthines, Seizures, and Excitotoxicity / Detlev Boison --Impacts of Methylxanthines and Adenosine Receptors on Neurodegeneration: Human and Experimental Studies / Jiang-Fan Chen and Yijuang Chern -- Methylxanthines and Pain / Jana Sawynok -- Methylxanthines and Sleep / Tarja Porkka-Heiskanen -- Methylxanthines and Reproduction / Alba Minelli and Ilaria Bellezza -- Methylxanthines During Pregnancy and Early Postnatal Life / Ulrika Ådén -- Methylxanthines and the Kidney / Hartmut Osswald and Jürgen Schnermann -- The Cardiovascular Effects of Methylxanthines / Niels P. Riksen, Paul Smits and Gerard A. Rongen -- Methylxanthines in Asthma / Stephen L. Tilley -- Methylxanthines and Inflammatory Cells / György Haskó and Bruce Cronstein -- Methylxanthines, Inflammation, and Cancer: Fundamental Mechanisms / Akio Ohta and Michail Sitkovsky -- Methylxanthines and Drug Dependence: A Focus on Interactions with Substances of Abuse / Micaela Morelli and Nicola Simola -- Methylxanthines and Human Health: Epidemiological and Experimental Evidence / Marie-Soleil Beaudoin and Terry E. Graham.
- Microbial genomics and drug discovery 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Modern anesthetics 2008, Springer
- Molecular chaperones in health and disease 2006, Springer
- "Preface Over the past few decades, molecular modeling (MM) has become an important tool in many academic institutions and industrial laboratories. While the role of MM in biological fields--especially in the design and development of novel drug molecules or formulations--is well established and acknowledged, its direct role in the design and development of performance chemicals and novel materials is still not well known. Questions such as, which new products have resulted from an MM-based approach? are still often asked. Although MM may be playing an important role in product development, quite often it becomes difficult to predict its direct impact because most of the time the problem being addressed involves a multidisciplinary approach. Further, the assumption that fundamental phenomena being modeled though MM will have a direct impact on the macroscopic and functional properties of a product make the situation more complicated. In most of the cases, MM actually works as an enabler toward novel product and material development (e.g., novel drug molecules in biological application) rather than directly coming up with new products and materials. This precisely is the reason that despite seeing value in MM tools, most engineers and practitioners are often focus on the question, how do I leverage these tools to design and develop novel materials or chemicals for the industry I am working with? Unfortunately, there is no simple answer to this question. Excellent books and very good research publications highlight the most intricate, fundamental, and theoretical details about MM techniques and tools"--Provided by publisher.
- Molecular pharmacognosy 2013, Springer"This book reviews the latest developments in pharmacognosy, introduces a series of new views and insights, presents the hotspots and focus of the field of study on molecular pharmacognosy, and predicts a new direction of study on the resource science of TCM. Furthermore, the book also provides an open communications platform for the development of molecular pharmacognosy."--Publisher.
- Molecular, clinical, and environmental toxicology. Volume 3, Environmental toxicology 2012, SpringerChemical Hazards in the Organisation / Chris Winder -- Toxicology of Water / Xiaowei Zhang, Steve Wiseman and John Giesy -- Perfluorinated Compounds / Christopher Lau -- Toxicologically Relevant Phthalates in Food / Oliver Kappenstein, Bärbel Vieth, Andreas Luch and Karla Pfaff -- Exposure to Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons: Bulky DNA Adducts and Cellular Responses / Frank Henkler, Kristin Stolpmann and Andreas Luch -- Heavy Metal Toxicity and the Environment / Paul B. Tchounwou, Clement G. Yedjou, Anita K. Patlolla and Dwayne J. Sutton -- Toxicology of Ambient Particulate Matter / Damiën van Berlo, Maja Hullmann and Roel P. F. Schins -- Nanomaterials: A Challenge for Toxicological Risk Assessment? / Andrea Haase, Jutta Tentschert and Andreas Luch -- Immunotoxicology and Its Application in Risk Assessment /; Andrew A. Rooney, Robert W. Luebke, MaryJane K. Selgrade and Dori R. Germolec.; Chemical Sensitization and Allergotoxicology / Rosette L. Van Den Heuvel, Nathalie Lambrechts, Sandra Verstraelen, Inge C. Nelissen and Greet E. R. Schoeters -- Male Reprotoxicity and Endocrine Disruption / Sarah Campion, Natasha Catlin, Nicholas Heger, Elizabeth V. McDonnell and Sara E. Pacheco, et al. -- Interspecies Uncertainty in Molecular Responses and Toxicity of Mixtures / Moiz M. Mumtaz and Hana R. Pohl -- Recent Trends in Statistical QSAR Modeling of Environmental Chemical Toxicity / Alexander Tropsha -- Chirality and Its Role in Environmental Toxicology / Imran Ali, Hassan Y. Aboul-Enein, Mohd Marsin Sanagi and Wan Aini Wan Ibrahim -- Genetic Variability in Molecular Responses to Chemical Exposure / Chirag J. Patel and Mark R. Cullen -- Biomarkers in Toxicology and Risk Assessment / Bruce A. Fowler -- A Personalized Life: Biomarker Monitoring from Cradle to Grave / Harald Jungnickel and Andreas Luch -- On the Role of Low-Dose Effects and Epigenetics in Toxicology / Lena Smirnova, Alexandra Sittka and Andreas Luch -- Hormesis: Improving Predictions in the Low-Dose Zone / E. J. Calabrese.
- 3D cell-based biosensors in drug disc...
- — Drug delivery systems ..................
- Drug delivery systems ..................
- — Molecular, clinical, and environmenta...
- Morphine and metastasis ................
- — Serotonin-dopamine interaction .........
- Sex and gender differences in pharmac...
- — What your patients need to know about...
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases