Books by Subject
- 5-minute pediatric consult. 4th ed. 2005, Ovid
- 5-minute pediatric consult. 5th ed. 2008, Ovid
- ABC of pediatric surgical imaging 2010, Springer
- AccessMedicine Lange Case files McGraw-HillClinical cases selected from the LANGE Case Files series, edited by Eugene C. Toy, MD.
- Adherence to pediatric medical regimens. 2nd ed. 2010, SpringerDefinitions of adherence, types of adherence, problems, and adherence rates -- Consequences of nonadherence and correlates of adherence -- Adherence theories: review, critique, and clinical implications -- Measurement issues: assessing adherence and disease and health outcomes -- Strategies for improving adherence to pediatric medical regimens -- Review of adherence intervention studies and top ten ways to advance research on adherence to pediatric medical regimens.
- Adolescent health care. 5th ed. 2008, Ovid
- Adult and pediatric spine. 3rd ed. 2004, Ovid
- Adult and pediatric urology. 4th ed. 2002, Ovid
- Allergic diseases and the environment 2004, Karger
- Anorectal malformations in children 2006, SpringerThe results of the Krickenberg Conference, 17-20 May 2005, an international workshop of 26 international authorities on congenital malformations of the organs of the pelvis and perineum are presented.
- History and overview /Johnny L. Matson and Daniene Neal --Applied behavior analysis and its application to autism and autism related disorders /Joel E. Ringdahl, Todd Kopelman, and Terry S. Falcomata --Assessment methods /Frederick Furniss --Intervention and treatment methods for children with autism spectrum disorders /Nozomi Naoi --Differential diagnosis in autism spectrum disorders /Dennis R. Dixon ... [et al.] --Communication /Jeff Sigafoos, Mark F. O'Reilly, and Giulio E. Lancioni --Social skills and autism :understanding and addressing the deficits /Mary Jane Weiss, Robert H. LaRue, and Andrea Newcomer --Rituals and stereotypes /Jeffrey H. Tiger, Karen A. Toussaint, and Megan L. Kliebert --Self-injury /Timothy R. Vollmer, Kimberly N. Sloman, and Andrew L. Samaha --Aggression and noncompliance /James K. Luiselli --Adaptive and self-help skills /Noha F. Minshawi, Iryna Ashby, and Naomi Swievy --Generalization and maintenance /Angela M. Arnold-Saritepe ... [et al.] --Training issues unique to autism spectrum disorders /Linda A. LeBlanc, Nicole Gravina, and James E. Carr --Parent training interventions for children with autism spectrum disorders /Lauren Brookman-Frazee ... [et al.].
- Assessing and treating low incidence/high severity psychological disorders of childhood 2011, Springer"During the past several decades, interest in children's psychological disorders has grown steadily within the research community, resulting in a burgeoning knowledge base. The majority of the attention and funding, not surprisingly, has focused on the more prevalent and well-known conditions. Although this raises the odds that young people with more well-known disorders such as ADHD, autism, and learning disorders will receive much-needed professional assessment and intervention, children with less frequently encountered disorders may experience a higher risk of misdiagnosis and inappropriate treatment"--Back cover.
- History, overview, and trends in child and adolescent psychological assessment / Robert W. Heffer, Tammy D. Barry, and Beth H. Garland -- Diagnostic classification systems / Jeremy D. Jewell, Stephen D.A. Hupp, and Andrew M. Pomerantz -- Interview and report writing / Amie E. Grills-Taquechel, Rosanna Polifroni, and Jack M. Fletcher -- Intelligence testing / R.W. Kamphaus, Cecil R. Reynolds, and Katie King Vogel -- Rating scale systems for assessing psychopathology : the Achenbach System of Empirically Based Assessment (ASEBA) and the Behavior Assessment System for Children-2 (BASC-2) / Leslie A. Rescorla -- Neuropsychological disorders of children / WM. Drew Gouvier, Audrey Baumeister, and Kola Ijaola -- Assessment of conduct problems / Nicole R. Powell ... [et al.] -- Evidence-based assessment of attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) / Paula Sowerby and Gail Tripp -- Assessment of mood disorders in children and adolescents / C. Emily Durbin and Sylia Wilson -- Assessment of bipolar disorder in children / Stephanie Danner, Matthew E. Young, and Mary A. Fristad -- Academic assessment / George H. Noell, Scott P. Ardoin, and Kristin A. Gansle -- Behavioral assessment of self-injury / Timothy R. Vollmer, Kimberly N. Sloman, and Carrie S.W. Borrero -- Autism spectrum disorders and comorbid psychopathology / Jessica A. Boisjoli and Johnny L. Matson -- Assessment of eating disorder symptoms in children and adolescents / Nancy Zucker ... [et al.] -- Pain assessment / Frank Andrasik and Carla Rime -- Assessment of pediatric feeding disorders / Cathleen C. Piazza and Henry S. Roane.
- Atlas of pediatric brain tumors 2010, SpringerPart 1. Pilocytic astrocytoma and Pilomyxoid Astrocytoma -- Pilocytic astrocytoma and Pilomyxoid Astrocytoma / Christine Fuller and Sonia Narendra -- Pleomorphic Xanthoastrocytoma / Christine E. Fuller -- Infiltrative Astrocytomas (Diffuse Astrocytoma, Anaplastic Astrocytoma, Glioblastoma) / Christine E. Fuller -- Oligodendroglial Tumors / Christine E. Fuller -- Ependymal Tumors / Christine E. Fuller, Sonia Narendra and Ioana Tolicica -- Introduction and Overview of Brain Tumors / Adekunle M. Adesina -- Part 2. Embryonal Neuroepithelial Tumors -- Central Nervous System Primitive Neuroectodermal Tumors and Medulloepithelioma / Adekunle M. Adesina, J. Hunter and L. Rorke-Adams -- Medulloblastoma / Adekunle M. Adesina and J. Hunter -- Atypical Teratoid Rhabdoid Tumor / Adekunle M. Adesina, J. Hunter and L. Rorke-Adams -- Part 3. Tumors of the Meninges -- Meningiomas / Christine Fuller and Brian Pavlovitz -- Hemangiopericytoma and Other Mesenchymal Tumors / Christine E. Fuller -- Melanocytic Lesions / Christine E. Fuller -- Hemangioblastoma -- Christine E. Fuller -- Part 4. Tumors of Cranial and Spinal Nerves -- Schwannoma / Tarik Tihan -- Neurofibroma / Tarik Tihan -- Malignant Peripheral Nerve Sheath Tumors / Tarik Tihan -- Part 5. Neuronal and Mixed Neuronal-glial Tumors -- Desmoplastic Infantile Astrocytoma and Ganglioglioma / Adekunle M. Adesina -- Dysembryoplastic Neuroepithelial Tumor / Adekunle M. Adesina and Ronald A. Rauch -- Ganglioglioma and Gangliocytoma / Adekunle M. Adesina and Ronald A. Rauch -- Central Neurocytoma and Extraventricular Neurocytoma / Adekunle M. Adesina and Ronald A. Rauch -- Papillary Glioneuronal Tumor / M. Rivera-Zengotita, A. Illner and Adekunle M. Adesina -- Rosette-Forming Glioneuronal Tumor of the Fourth Ventricle / M. Rivera-Zengotita and Adekunle M. Adesina -- Malignant Epithelioid Glioneuronal Tumor / M. Rivera-Zengotita, R. Rauch and Adekunle M. Adesina -- Paraganglioma / A. Rivera and Adekunle M. Adesina -- Part 6. Neurocutaneous Syndromes -- Neurofibromatosis 1 / Tarik Tihan -- Neurofibromatosis 2 / Tarik Tihan -- Von Hippel-Lindau Disease / Tarik Tihan and Adekunle M. Adesina -- Tuberous Sclerosis Complex / Tarik Tihan and Adekunle M. Adesina -- L'hermitte-Duclos Disease and Cowden Disease / T. Hidehiro, S. Hiroyoshi and Adekunle M. Adesina -- Part 7. Tumors in the Region of the Pituitary Fossa -- Pituitary Tumors / Tarik Tihan and Christine E. Fuller -- Craniopharyngioma / Tarik Tihan -- Part 8. Choroid Plexus Neoplasms -- Choroid Plexus Neoplasms / Christine E. Fuller, Sonia Narendra and Ioana Tolocica -- Part 9. Pineal Based Tumors -- Pineal Parenchymal Tumors / Tarik Tihan -- Part 10. Germ Cell Tumors -- Germ Cell Tumors / Tarik Tihan -- Part 11. Paraneoplastic Disorders -- Paraneoplastic Disorders of the Central Nervous System / Christine E. Fuller and Sonia Narendra -- Part 12. Tumours of the Haematopoietic System -- Malignant Lymphoma / Adekunle M. Adesina -- Histiocytic Tumors / A. Mukherjee and Adekunle M. Adesina -- Part 13. Interesting/Challenging Cases and Exercises in Pattern Recognition -- Case Studies / Adekunle M. Adesina, Christine E. Fuller and Lucy Rocke-Adams.
- Atlas of pediatric cutaneous biodiversity 2012, Springer
- Atopic dermatitis in childhood and adolescence 2011, KargerAtopic dermatitis is amongst the most common disorders of the skin in young people around the world. This timely book presents the newest insights and novel concepts in relation to all aspects of this skin disorder. Classification, clinical features and differential diagnosis are reviewed in the first chapter, while risk factors, susceptibility and an epidemiological overview are outlined in the next chapter, followed by a detailed discussion of the immunology of the skin and the pathophysiology of dermatitis. Further chapters present exciting new data delineating clinical aspects of current genetic findings and insights into concepts of neuroimmunology, as well as the very crucial and severe clinical aspect of itching. New data on the topic of inhalant allergy, specific immunologic treatments and the latest on food allergy are also included. A valuable reference for anyone interested in atopic dermatitis, this book is particularly useful for pediatricians and clinical practitioners seeing children and adolescents with atopic dermatitis on a daily basis.
- Authoritative communities 2008, SpringerHardwired to connect: the new scientific case for authoritative communities / The commission on children at risk -- The biochemistry of family commitment and youth competence: lessons from animal models / Larry J. Young, Darlene D. Francis -- How mother nurture helps mother nature: scientific evidence for the protective effect of good nurturing on genetic propensity toward anxiety and alcohol abuse / Stephen J. Suomi -- Investing in children and society: what we have learned from seven decades of attachment research / Robert Karen -- The consolidation of conscience in adolescence / Barbara M. Stilwell -- Best bets for improving the odds for optimum youth development / Michael D. Resnick -- Moral and spiritual dimensions of the healthy person: notes from the founders of modern psychology and psychiatry / Paul C. Vitz -- Hardwired for god: a neuropsychological model for development spirituality / Andrew B. Newberg, Stephanie K. Newberg -- A tale of two religious effects: evidence for the protective and prosocial impact of organic religion / Byron R. Johnson -- Focused on their families: religion, parenting, and child well-being / W. Bradford Wilcox -- Minding the children with mindfulness: a Buddhist approach to promoting well-being in children / Julie E. Thomas, Lisa A. Wuyek -- The psychobiology of adolescence / Linda Patia Spear -- Elders and sons / David Gutmann -- Spirituality and resilience in adolescent girls / Lisa Miller -- Promoting well-being amoung at-risk children: restoring a sense of community and support for development / James P. Comer -- Sex, guns, and rock'n'roll: the influence of media in children's lives / Leonard A. Jason, Kerri L. Kim -- The civil society model: the organic approach to building character, competence, and conscience in our young people / Bill Stancykiewicz -- Caring and character: how close parental bonds foster character development in children / Elizabeth Berger -- Gather around the children children / Enola Aird.
- Autistic spectrum disorders in children 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Behavioral approaches to chronic disease in adolescence 2009, SpringerBasic issues -- Introduction: adolescents with chronic illnesses: issues and answers -- Introduction to adolescent development -- Unique considerations when treating adolescents with chronic illness -- Adolescent physiology -- Family influence on adolescent treatment outcomes -- Ethics and the teen patients -- Overextending the overextended: burnout potential in health-care professionals, psychologists, patients, and family members -- Integrated care practice guidelines -- Type 1 diabetes mellitus -- Type 2 diabetes in youth -- Integrated care practice guidelines for adolescents with asthma -- Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis -- Epilepsy -- Migraines/chronic headaches -- Assessment and management of chronic and recurrent pain in adolescents -- Adolescent depression -- Cancer -- Cystic fibrosis in adolescents -- Chronic and end-stage renal disease -- Sickle cell disease -- Inflammatory bowel disease -- Chronic fatigue syndrome -- Adolescents living with HIV/AIDS -- Health-related quality of life instruments for adolescents with chronic diseases.
- Berman's Pediatric decision making. 5th ed. 2011, ScienceDirect
- Bone densitometry in growing patients 2007, SpringerRationale for bone densitometry in childhood and adolescence / Aenor J. Sawyer and Laura K. Bachrach -- Tools for measuring bone in children and adolescents / Kate A. Ward, Zulf Mughal, and Judith E. Adams -- Dual-energy x-ray absorptiometry / Nicola J. Crabtree, Mary B. Leonard, and Babette S. Zemel -- Clinical indications for the use of DXA in pediatrics / Laura K. Bachrach ... [et al.] -- Acquisition of DXA in children and adolescents / Nicola J. Crabtree, Kyla Kent, and Babette S. Zemel -- Analysis / Moira Petit ... [et al.] -- Evaluation / Babette S. Zemel and Moira Petit -- Reporting DXA results / Ellen B. Fung ... [et al.] -- Children with special considerations / Laurie J. Moyer-Mileur, Zulf Mughal, and Ellen B. Fung -- Research considerations / Mary B. Leonard and Moira Petit -- Looking to the future of pediatric bone densitometry / Nicholas J. Bishop, Aenor J. Sawyer, and Mary B. Leonard.
- Bone health in children 2012, CRCnetBASE"This book provides a rational basis for understanding how to ensure adequate bone health in children. It discusses the recommended dietary intakes of calcium and vitamin D in pediatric health as well as appropriate sources of these nutrients. The text presents information on the maintenance and improvement of bone health in children and adolescents. Chapters cover peak bone mass and prevention of bone loss diseases; bone formation; nutritional needs for calcium and vitamin D based on age; additional key nutrients needed for healthy bones; exercise and management of chronic illnesses; genetics and bone health; and future directions towards targeted dietary recommendations"--Provided by publisher.
- Breast-feeding 2009, Springer1. Growth and organ development / T.J. Cole -- 2. Nutrient transfer: mammary gland regulation / S.L. Kelleher, B. Lönnerdal -- 3. Micronutrient transfer: infant absorption / B. Lönnerdal, S. L. Kelleher -- 4. Developmental aspects of the mucosal immune system ... / P.L. Ogra -- 5. Infant feeding and growth / K.G. Dewey -- 6. Intestinal flora / C. Kunz, S. Kuntz, S. Rudloff -- 7. Transenteric signalling: mammary messages or white noise / L.T. Weaver -- 8. Immune function / L.Å. Hanson, ... et al. -- 9. Flavour programming during breast-feeding / J.A. Mennella -- 10. Methodological challenges in studying long-term effectors of breast-feeding / M.S. Kramer -- 11. Long term effects of early postnatal diet on adult health / S.E. Ozanne -- 12. Protective effect of breast-feeding against obesity in childhood ... / S. Arenz, R. Von Kries -- 13. Breast-feeding influences on later life - cardiovascular disease / D.A. Leon, G. Ronalds -- 14. Do infants who are breast-fed have an altered risk of developing cancer / R. Martin, G. Davey Smith, D.Gunnell --15. Effects of breast-feeding on cognitive function / K.F. Michaelsen, L. Lauritzen, E L. Mortensen -- 16. Developmental origins of osteoporotic fracture / C. Cooper, ... et al. -- 17. Long-term effects of breast-feeding on asthma and atopic disease / W.H. Oddy -- 18. Evolution of human lactation and complementary feeding: Implications for understanding contemporary cross-cultural variation / D.W. Sellen -- 19. Macy-György prize lecture: my milky way / L.Å. Hanson -- 20. Exclusive breast-feeding and HIV infection / L. Kasonka, S. Filteau, and The Breast-Feeding and Postpartum Health Project Team -- 21. Breast-feeding practices in relation to HIV in India / A.V. Shankar -- 22. Breast-feeding and HIV-1 infection: maternal health / P.A. Otieno -- 23. Early breast-feeding cessation and infant mortality in low-income countries: workshop summary / K.B. Simondon -- 24. Measuring trace immune factors in human milk: workshop summary / S. Filteau -- 25. Abstracts of poster presentations.
- Bringing pain relief to children 2006, SpringerHospital-based pain care for infants and children / Brenda C. McClain -- Treatment of acute and chronic pain in the outpatient setting / Neil L. Schechter -- Pain and pain relief in pediatric end-of-life care / John J. Collins and Gerri Frager -- Residential treatment settings for adolescent chronic pain management : rationale, development and evidence / Christopher Eccleston, Hannah Connell, and Nicola Carmichael -- Managing pediatric pain at school / Ronald T. Brown -- Efficacy of complementary and alternative medicine approaches for pediatric pain : state of the science / Jennie C.I. Tsao, Marcia Meldrum, and Lonnie K. Zeltzer -- Technology in pediatric pain management / Patrick J. McGrath, Carolyn Watters, and Erin Moon -- Developing pain services around the world / G. Allen Finley and Paula A. Forgeron -- Knowledge translation and pain management / Shannon Scott-Findlay and Carole A. Estabrooks.
- Cartilage and bone development and its disorders 2011, KargerChondrocyte proliferation and differentiation / Wuelling, M., Vortkamp, A. -- Local regulation of growth plate cartilage / Spth, S.-S. ... [et al.] -- Growth plate senescence and catch-up growth / Lui, J.C., Nilsson, O., Baron, J. -- Endocrine regulation of longitudinal bone growth / Wit, J.M., Camacho-Hübner, C. -- Estrogen signaling in growth plate cartilage / Karimian, E., Svendahl, L. -- Methods to study cartilage and bone development / Andrade, A.C. ... [et al.] -- Fibroblast growth factor-23 and phosphorus metabolism / Tiosano, D. -- Molecular defects causing skeletal dysplasias / Mkitie, O. -- Allele-specific gene silencing in osteogenesis imperfecta / Ljunggren, Ö. ... [et al.] -- Stem cells in skeletal physiology and endocrine diseases of bone / Bianco, P., Sacchetti, B., Riminucci, M. -- Cartilage tissue engineering / Moreira-Teixeira, L.S. ... [et al.].
- General principles of psychopharmacotherapy with children and adolescents -- Sympathomimetic amines and central nervous system stimulants -- First generation/typical antipsychotic drugs -- Second generation/atypical and other antipsychotic drugs -- Antidepressant drugs -- Mood stabilizers : lithium carbonate and antiepileptics -- Antianxiety drugs -- Other drugs.
- Child homicide 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Child neurology. 7th ed. 2006, OvidInherited metabolic diseases of the nervous system / John H. Menkes and William R. Wilcox -- Mitochondrial encephalomyopathies / Harvey B. Sarnat and John H. Menkes -- Heredodegenerative diseases / John H. Menkes -- Chromosomal anomalies and contiguous-gene syndromes / John H. Menkes and Rena E. Falk -- Neuroembryology, genetic programming, and malformations of the nervous system / Harvey B. Sarnat ... [et al.] -- Perinatal asphyxia and trauma / John H. Menkes and Harvey B. Sarnat -- Infections of the nervous system / Bernard L. Maria, James F. Bale, Jr., and G. Ellis Ziel -- Autoimmune and postinfectious diseases / Agustin Legido ... [et al.] -- Postnatal trauma and injuries by physical agents / John H. Menkes and Richard G. Ellenbogen -- Toxic and nutritional disorders / John H. Menkes -- Tumors of the nervous system / Bernard L. Maria and John H. Menkes -- Neurocutaneous syndromes / Bernard L. Maria and John H. Menkes -- Cerebrovascular disorders / Cesar C. Santos and E. Steve Roach -- Paroxysmal disorders / Raman Sankar ... [et al.] -- Headaches and nonepileptic episodic disorders / A. David Rothner and John H. Menkes -- Diseases of the motor unit / John H. Menkes and Harvey B. Sarnat -- Neurologic manifestations of systemic illness / S. Robert Snodgrass -- Disorders of mental development / Marcel Kinsbourne and Frank Wood.
- Child neuropsychology. 2nd ed. 2009, Springer
- Childhood cancer survivorship 2003, NAP
- Childhood obesity 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Childhood obesity. 2nd ed. 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Children and the dark side of human experience 2008, Springer
- Children's discovery of the active mind 2012, SpringerLearning about cognitive activities -- Conceptual knowledge about cognitive activities -- Phenomenological awareness : consciousness and the development of cognitive monitoring -- Social experience as a source of information about mental events -- Patterns of influence among phenomenological awareness, social experience, and conceptual knowledge.
- Children's health, the nation's wealth 2004, NAP
- Children's orthopaedics and fractures. 3rd ed. 2010, SpringerPart 1. Overview -- General Principles / Roderick D. Duncan -- Growth and Its Variants / Roderick D. Duncan -- Children and Young People with Disability: Management and Support / Zoë M. Dunhill -- Anesthesia and Analgesia in Children / Edward Doyle -- Paediatric Imaging / David J. Wilson and Gina M. Allen -- Part 2. Generalized Disorders -- Gait Analysis / Tim N. Theologis -- Bone, Cartilage, and Fibrous Tissue Disorders / William G. Cole -- Metabolic and Endocrine Disorders of the Skeleton / Roger Smith -- Blood Disorders and AIDS / Christopher A. Ludlam and John E. Jellis -- Infections of Bones and Joints / Klaus Parsch and Sydney Nade -- Skeletal Tuberculosis / Kenneth C. Rankin and Surendar M. Tuli -- Children's Orthopaedics in the Tropics / Sharaf B. Ibrahim and Abdul-Hamid Abdul-Kadir -- Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis / Günther E. Dannecker and Martin N. Arbogast -- Bone Tumors / Gérard Bollini, Jean-Luc Jouve, Franck Launay, Elke Viehweger and Yann Glard, et al. -- Part 3. Neuromuscular Disorders -- Neuromotor Development and Examination / Robert A. Minns -- Hereditary and Developmental Neuromuscular Disorders / Eugene E. Bleck and James E. Robb -- Neural Tube Defects, Spina Bifida, and Spinal Dysraphism / H. Kerr Graham and Klaus Parsch -- Poliomyelitis / Wang Chow, Yun Hoi Li and Chi Yan John Leong -- Orthopaedic Management of Cerebral Palsy / James E. Robb and Reinald Brunner -- Arthrogryposis multiplex congenita / John A. Fixsen -- Part 4. Regional Disorders -- Developmental Anomalies of the Hand / Peter D. Burge -- The Shoulder and Elbow / John A. Fixsen -- Brachial Plexus Injuries Peripheral Nerve Injuries / Alain L. Gilbert and Rolfe Birch -- Leg Deformity and Length Discrepancy / John A. Fixsen, Robert A. Hill and Franz Grill -- The Limping Child / F. Stig Jacobsen and Göran Hansson -- Developmental Dysplasia of the Hip / Michael K.D. Benson and Malcolm F. Macnicol -- Legg-Calvé-Perthes Disease / Andrew M. Wainwright and Anthony Catterall -- Slipped Capital Femoral Epiphysis / Malcolm F. Macnicol and Michael K. D. Benson -- The Knee / David M. Hunt and Malcolm F. Macnicol -- The Foot / John A. Fixsen -- The Clubfoot: Congenital Talipes Equinovarus / Deborah M. Eastwood -- Pes Cavus / John A. Fixsen -- Congenital Vertical Talus (Congenital Convex Pes Valgus) / John A. Fixsen -- Congenital Disorders of the Cervical Spine / Robert N. Hensinger -- Back Pain in Children / Robert A. Dickson -- Spinal Deformities / Robert A. Dickson -- Spondylolisthesis / Robert A. Dickson -- Part 5. Fractures -- Principles of Fracture Care / Malcolm F. Macnicol and Alastair W. Murray -- Fracture Epidemiology / Lennart A. Landin -- Polytrauma in Children / Peter P. Schmittenbecher and Cathrin S. Parsch -- Management of Growth Plate Injuries / Franck Accadbled and Bruce K. Foster -- Birth and Non-accidental Injuries / Peter J. Witherow, Michael K.D Benson and Jacqueline Y.Q. Mok -- Fractures Around the Shoulder and the Humerus / J.B. Hunter -- Fractures of the Elbow and Forearm / James B. Hunter and Klaus Parsch -- Wrist and Hand Fractures / Malcolm F. Macnicol and Klaus Parsch -- Fractures of the Pelvis / Peter W. Engelhardt -- Femoral Neck Fractures / Peter W. Engelhardt -- Femoral Shaft Fractures / Klaus Parsch -- Fractures of the Knee and Tibia / Carol-C. Hasler -- Ankle Fractures / Klaus Parsch and Francisco Fernandez Fernandez -- Fractures and Dislocations of the Foot / Francisco Fernandez Fernandez -- Traumatic Disorders of the Cervical Spine / Robert N. Hensinger -- Fractures of the Thoracic and Lumbar Spine / Robert N. Hensinger and Clifford L. Craig.
- Chronic disorders in children and adolescents 2011, SpringerEpidemiology, Health Services Utilization, and Costs -- Chromosomal Abnormalities -- Autism -- Cerebral Palsy -- Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder -- Sensory Integration Dysfunction -- Conduct Disorder and Oppositional Defiant Disorder -- Depressive Disorders in Children and Adolescents -- Eating Disorders -- Childhood and Adolescent Obesity -- Diabetes Mellitus -- Juvenile Arthritis -- Infants, Children, and Adolescents Affected by HIV/AIDS.
- Cleft lip and palate. Third edition. 2013, Springer
- Clinical decisions in pediatric nephrology 2008, SpringerPreface -- Fluid and Electrolyte Disorders -- Acid-Base Disturbances -- Disorders of Divalent Ion Metabolism -- Nephrolithiasis -- Hypertension -- Acute Renal Failure -- Hereditary Nephritis and Genetic Disorders -- Glomerular, Vascular and Tubulo-Interstitial Diseases -- Chronic Kidney Disease -- Renal Osteodystrophy -- End-Stage Renal Disease and Dialysis -- Transplantation -- Index.
- Laboratory diagnosis of pediatric infectious disease -- Osteomyelitis and septic arthritis -- Congenital infections -- Congenital immunodeficiencies -- Hepatitis -- Otitis media and sinusitis -- Outpatient evaluation of fever -- Periorbital and orbital cellulitis -- Cervical adenitis -- Urinary tract infections -- Meningitis -- Pediatric tuberculosis -- Community-acquired pneumonia -- Salmonella gastroenteritis -- Catheter infection -- Infection in unusual spaces -- Fever and neurtropenia -- Fever of unknown origin -- Infection in solid organ transplant recipients -- Prophylaxis.
- Introduction: medical management of obesity -- Epidemiology of childhood obesity -- Pathophysiology of obesity -- Obesity in the context of child and adolescent development -- Evaluation of the obese child -- Respiratory complications -- Cardiovascular complications -- Insulin resistance, the metabolic syndrome, and type 2 diabetes -- Orthopedic complications -- Gastrointestinal complications -- Renal complications -- Neurologic complications -- Mental health issues -- Specific genetic causes of obesity -- Acute obesity-related emergencies -- Practice management strategies for obesity.
- Clinical manual of fever in children 2009, Springer
- Clinical use of pediatric diagnostic tests 2003, Ovid
- Clinician's manual on treatment of pediatric migraine 2010, Springer
- Congenital and perinatal infections 2006, Springer
- Congenital diseases and the environment 2007, Springer
- Controversies around treatment of the open duct 2011, Springer
- Crib death 2007, Springer
- Critical care of children with heart disease 2010, SpringerTransition from the fetal to the neonatal circulation -- Triage and transport of infants and children with cardiac disease -- Airway control, mechanical ventilation, and respiratory care -- Heart-lung interactions -- Cardiac catheterization -- Echocardiography -- Cardiac anesthesia -- A pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic review -- Sedation and analgesia -- Monitoring of the cardiac patient -- The effects of cardiopulmonary bypass following pediatric cardiac surgery -- Nursing care of the pediatric cardiac patient -- Cardiac database and risk factor assessment. Outcomes analysis for congenital cardiac disease -- Patent ductus arteriosus -- Atrial septal defects -- Ventricular septal defects -- Complete atrioventricular septal defects -- Aortopulmonary window -- Tetralogy of Fallot -- Tetralogy of Fallot with absent pulmonary valve -- Tetralogy of Fallot with pulmonary atresia -- Pulmonary atresia with intact interventricular septum -- Pulmonary stenosis -- Left ventricular outflow tract obstruction -- Coarctation of the aorta -- Interrupted aortic arch -- Mitral valve anomalies and related disorders -- Mitral stenosis -- Prosthetic valves -- Hypoplastic left heart syndrome -- Single ventricle. General aspects -- Anomalous pulmonary veins -- Dextro-transposition fo the great arteries -- Congenitally corrected transposition of the great arteries (ccTGA) or Levo-transposition of the great arteries (l-TGA) -- Truncus arteriosus -- Double outlet right ventricle -- Ebstein's disease -- Anomalous coronary arteries -- Aortic valve regurgitation -- Vascular rings and pulmonary sling -- Takayasu arteritis -- Aortic dissection -- Tracheal resection -- Acute pulmonary hypertension -- Chronic pulmonary hypertension -- Acute myocarditis and cardiomyopathies -- Pericardial diseases -- Infective endocarditis -- Cardiac failure -- Shock in the cardiac patient: a brief overview -- Mechanical circulatory support in pediatric cardiac surgery -- Heart transplantation -- Arrhythmias in the intensive care unit -- Pacemakers (temporary and permanent), implantable cardioverter defibrillators (ICDs) and cardiac resynchronization therapy --Discontinuation of life: ethical and legal issues -- Respiratory complications: acute respiratory distress syndrome, chylothorax, diaphragmatic palsy, and functional and respiratory physiotherapy -- Gastrointestinal complications: necrotizing enterocolitis, malrotation, and protein losing enteropathy -- Malnutrition and feeding difficulties: guidelines for enteral and parenteral nutrition -- Hematological aspects: anticoagulation, heparin-induced thrombocytopenia, plasma exchange -- Renal failure and replacement therapy -- Neurological complications: intracranial bleeding, stroke and seizures -- Infections in the cardiac intensive care unit -- Skin protection.
- Current diagnosis & treatment pediatrics. International ed. 2012 (21st ed.), AccessMedicine
- Development and causality 2011, Springer1. Overview of the present work -- 2. The biopsychosocial and bio-personal-social models -- 3. Piaget and development -- 4. The present cognitive-affective stage model: I cognition -- 5. The present models: II postformal stage, neo-Eriksonian parallels, systems -- 6. Substages in the neo-piagetian models of Case, Fischer, and Young -- 7. Parallels in cognitive substages and socioaffectivity in Case -- 8. Parellels in cognitive substages and socioaffectivity in Fischer -- 9. Case and Fischer on language and the brain -- 10. Recent Case and colleagues -- 11. Further Fischer: comprehensive summary, adult development -- 12. Recent Fischer: emotional development -- 13. Self-development -- 14. Cognitive (mis)perception of the self and other -- 15. Social cognition/theory of mind -- 16. Self-definition and relatedness/self-regulation in development -- 17. Cognitive/socioaffective complexes and multiple intelligences -- 18. Postformal thought: commons' model -- 19. Development of personality and motivational needs -- 20. Socioemotional systems and neo-Eriksonian dangers -- 21. Approaches to emotions -- 22. Emotional development in infancy -- 23. Attachment basics -- 24. Internal working models and social self working schemata -- 25. Development of hemispheric specialization -- 26. Lateralization and developing cognition -- 27. Systems and development -- 28. Attractors, complexity -- 29. Causes and determinants of behavior -- 30. Gene-environment interactions: other topics --31. Stages and change in development and other systems -- 32. Collective intelligence and multilevel selection -- 33. Narrative discourse coding: cohesion in children's narratives -- 34. Narrative discourse coding: syntactic complexity-errors -- 35. Book conclusions.
- Diabetes in childhood and adolescence 2005, KargerEtiopathogenetic aspects of type 1 diabetes / Knip, M. -- Susceptibility to type 1 diabetes: genes and mechanisms / Contu, D., Cucca, F. -- Autoimmunity in type 1 diabetes mellitus / Achenbach, P., Ziegler, A.G. -- Neonatal diabetes mellitus / Polak, M., Shield, J. -- Diagnosis and management of MODY in a pediatric setting / Njolstad, P.R., Sovik, O. -- Diabetic ketoacidosis / Brink, S.R. -- Insulin treatment / Kapellen, T.M. -- Medical nutrition therapy of children and adolescents with diabetes / Virtanen, S.M. -- Continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion in childhood and adolescence / Phillip, M., Weintrob, N., Shalitin, S. -- Quality management in pediatric diabetology / Holl, R.W. ... [et al.] -- Sports and physical activity in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes mellitus / Raile, K. ... [et al.] -- Invasive and noninvasive means of diabetes self-management / Deiss, D., Hartmann, R., Kordonouri, O. -- Adolescence / Dunger, D.B., Acerini, C., Ahmed, M.L. -- Diabetic nephropathy in children and adolescents / Chiarelli, F., Santilli, F. -- Diabetic autonomic and peripheral neuropathy / Donaghue, K.C., Al-Jasser, A., Maguire, A. -- Macrovascular disease / Dahl-Jørgensen, K., Larsen, J.R. -- Hypoglycemia in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes / Blasetti, A. ... [et al.] -- Diabetic retinopathy in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes / Bittner, C., Kordonouri, O., Danne, T. -- Complications and consequences / Kapellen, T.M., Klemens, A.G., Kiess, R.W. -- Type 2 diabetes mellitus in childhood / Piscopo, M.A. ... [et al.] -- Beta-cell function replacement by islet transplantation and gene therapy / Falqui, L.L.
- Diseases of the thyroid in childhood and adolescence 2007, KargerOntogenesis and anatomy of the hypothalamic-pituitary-thyroid axis / Tsoumalis, G.; Tsatsoulis, A -- Thyroid disease during pregnancy / Lazarus, J.H -- Thyroid function in the newborn and infant / Spiliotis, B.E. -- Pediatric aspects of thyroid function and iodine / Knobel, M., Medeiros-Neto, G -- Thyroid hormone transport and actions / Feldt-Rasmussen, U., Rasmussen, Å.K. -- The thyroid and autoimmunity in children and adolescents / Weetman, A.P. -- Congenital hypothyroidism / Karges, B., Kiess, W. -- Newborn screening, hypothyroidism in infants, children and adolescents / Büyükgebiz, A. -- Resistance to thyroid hormone in childhood / Bakker, O. -- Pendred syndrome / Kassem, S., Glaser, B. -- Treatment of hyperthyroidism due to Graves' disease in children / Rivkees, S.A. -- Thyroid-associated ophthalmopathy in juvenile Graves' disease: clinical, endocrine and therapeutic aspects / Krassas, G.E., Gogakos, A. -- Differentiated thyroid carcinoma in pediatric age / Wiersinga, W.M. -- Imaging of the normal and affected thyroid in childhood / Bennedbæk, F.N., Hegedüs, L. -- Thyroid and other autoimmune diseases with emphasis on type 1 diabetes mellitus and Turner syndrome / Kapellen, T. ...[et al.] -- Thyroid and trace elements in children and adolescence / Kahaly, G.J.
- Disorders of sex development 2012, Springer
- Drugs in pregnancy and lactation. 9th ed. 2011, Ovid
- Dulcan's Textbook of child and adolescent psychiatry. 1st ed. 2010, PsychiatryOnlineAssessing infants and toddlers -- Assessing the preschool-age child -- Assessing the elementary school-age child -- Assessing adolescents -- Classification of psychiatric disorders -- The process of assessment and diagnosis -- Diagnostic interviews -- Rating scales -- Pediatric evaluation and laboratory testing -- Neurological examination, electroencephalography, and neuroimaging -- Psychological and neuropsychological testing -- Intellectual disability (mental retardation) -- Autism spectrum disorders -- Developmental disorders of learning, communication, and motor skills -- Attention-deficity/hyperactivity disorder -- Oppositional defiant disorder and conduct disorder -- Substance abuse and addictions -- Depression and dysthmyia -- Biopolar disorder -- Generalized anxiety disorder, specific phobia, panic disorder, social phobia, and selective mutism -- Separation anxiety disorder and school refusal -- Posttraumatic stress disorder -- Obsessive-compulsive disorder -- Early-onset schizophrenia -- Obesity -- Anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa -- Tic disorders -- Elimination disorders -- Sleep disorders -- Evidence-based practices -- Child abuse and neglect -- HIV and AIDS -- Bereavement and traumatic grief -- Ethnic, cultural, and religious issues -- Youth suicide - Gender identity and sexual orientation -- Aggression and violence -- Genetics: fundamentals relevant to child and adolescent psychiatry -- Psychiatric emergencies -- Family transitions: challenges and resilience -- Psychiatric aspects of chronic physical disorders -- Children of parents with psychiatric and substance abuse disorders -- Legal and ethical issues --; Telepsychiatry -- Principles of psychopharmacology -- Medications used for attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder -- Antidepressants -- Mood stabilizers -- Antipsychotic medications -- Apha-adrenergics, beta-blockers, benzodiazepines, buspirone, and desmopressin - Medications used for sleep -- Electroconvulsive therapy, transcranial magnetic stimulation, and deep brain stimulation -- Individual psychotherapy -- Parent counseling, psychoeducation, and parent support groups -- Behavioral parent training --- Family therapy - Interpersonal psychotherapy for depressed adolescents -- Cognitive-behavioral treatment for anxiety disorders -- Cognitive-behavioral therapy for depression - Motivational interviewing -- System of care, wraparound services,and home-based services -- Milieu treatment: inpatient, partial hospitalization, and residential programs -- School-based interventions -- Collaborating with primary care -- Juvenile justice.
- Early nutrition 2011, KargerAnimal studies of the effects of early nutrition on long-term health / Harding, J.E. ... [et al.] -- Dietary lipid quality and long-term outcome / Novak, E.M., Keller, B.O. and Innis, S.M. -- How proteins improve the development of preterm infants / Corpeleijn, W.E. ... [et al.] -- The knowns and unknowns of human milk banking / Simmer, K. -- Short- and long-term effects of probiotics administered early in life / Szajewska, H. -- New findings from the feeding infants and toddlers study 2008 / Siega-Riz, A.M. ... [et al.] -- Weaning practices in other parts of the world : case study India / Agarwal, K.N. -- Weaning practices in other parts of the world : case study Russia / Baturin, A.K. -- Micronutrient deficiencies and effect of supplements on correcting them / Zlotkin, S. -- Food allergy and complementary feeding / Shreffler, W.G. and Radano, M. -- Early feeding : setting the stage for healthy eating habits / Mennella, J.A. and Ventura, A.K. -- Early feeding practices and development of food allergies / Lack, G. and Penagos, M. -- Learning to prefer the familiar in obesogenic environments / Birch, L.L. and Anzman-Frasca, S. -- Early feeding practices and their impact on development of celiac disease / Fasano, A. and Catassi, C. -- Infant feeding practices and subsequent development of adipose tissue / Stettler, N. -- Early life nutrition and bone development in children / Jones, G. -- IGF-I signaling and effects on longevity / Holzenberger, M.
- Eating disorders in women and children 2001, CRCnetBASE
- "Completely updated and expanded, 'Emans, Laufer, and Goldstein's Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology', Sixth Edition, covers the medical and surgical approaches to common pediatric and adolescent clinical problems. The book discusses the importance of the history and physical examination and the physiology of puberty and its associated disorders and complications"--Provided by publisher.
- Emergencies in pediatric oncology 2012, Springer
- Emerging societies 2009, KargerGlobal changes in diet and activity patterns as drivers of the nutrition transition / Popkin, B.M. -- Regional case studies : India / Reddy, K.S. -- Regional case studies : China / Yin, S. -- Regional case studies : Africa / Prentice, A.M. -- Obesity in emerging nations : evolutionary origins and the impact of a rapid nutrition transition / Prentice, A.M. -- Prenatal origins of undernutrition / Christian, P. -- Postnatal origins of undernutrition / Prost, M.-A. -- Malnutrition, long-term health, and the effect of nutritional recovery / Sawaya, A.L. ... [et al.] -- The role of epigenetics in mediating environmental effects on phenotype / Morgan, D.; Whitelaw, E. -- Metabolism of methionine in vivo : impact of pregnancy, protein restriction, and fatty liver disease / Kalhan, S.C. -- Adiposity and comorbidities : favorable impact of caloric restriction / Ravussin, E.; Redman, L.M. -- Obesity, inflammation, and macrophages / Subramanian, V.; Ferrante, A.W., Jr. -- Obesity, hepatic metabolism and disease / Edmison, J.M.; Kalhan, S.C.; McCullough, A.J. -- Imperative of preventive measures addressing the life-cycle / Yajnik, C.S. -- New approaches to optimizing early diets / Polberger, S. -- Prevention of low birthweight / Alam, D.S. -- Community-based approaches to address childhood undernutrition and obesity in developing countries / Shetty, P.
- Endocrine disruptors and puberty 2012, Springer
- Endoscopic surgery in infants and children 2008, Springer
- Epidemiology of pediatric sports injuries v.1-2, 2005., Kargerv.2, 2005 Kargerpt. 1. Individual sports -- pt. 2. Team sports.
- Ergonomics for children 2008, CRCnetBASE
- The necessity and challenges of clinical research involving children -- Regulatory framework for protecting child participants in research -- Defining, interpreting, and applying concepts of risk and benefit in clinical research involving children -- Understanding and agreeing to children's participation in clinical research -- Payments related to children's participation in clinical research -- Regulatory compliance, accreditation, and quality improvement -- Responsible research involving children.
- Evidence-based imaging in pediatrics 2010, Springer
- Evidence-based research in pediatric nutrition 2013, KargerImportance of systematic reviews and meta-analyses in pediatric nutrition / Szajewska, H. -- Strengths and weaknesses of observational nutritional trials / Patro-Go B., Szajewska, H. -- Scientific standards for human intervention trials evaluating health benefits of foods, and their application to infants, children, and adolescents / Woodside, J.V., Koletzko, B.V., Patterson, C.C., Welch, R.W. -- Early nutrition and health : short- and long-term outcomes / Gruszfeld, D., Socha, P. -- Probiotics, prebiotics, and dietary fiber in the management of functional gastrointestinal disorders / Horvath, A., Szajewska, H. -- Growing-up milk : a necessity or marketing? / Przyrembel, H, Agostoni, C. -- Cow's milk and goat's milk / Turck, T. -- The timing of introduction of complementary foods and later health / Agostoni, C., Przyrembel, H. -- Dietary interventions for primary allergy prevention -- what is the evidence? / von Berg, A. -- Vitamin and mineral supplementation of term infants : are they necessary? / Lubetzky, R., Mandel, D., Mimouni, F.B. -- Enteral nutrition / Kolaek, S. -- Celiac disease -- prevention strategies through early infant nutrition / Chmielewska, A., Szajewska, H., Shamir, R. -- Interventions for treating obesity in children / De Miguel-Etayo, P., Bueno, G., Garagorri, J.M., Moreno, L.A.
- Exceptional life journeys 2012, ScienceDirectMost students in training to become teachers, psychologists, physicians, and social workers as well as many practicing professionals in these disciplines do not get the opportunity to fully understand and appreciate the circumstances of children ,parents, and teachers who have had to cope and adapt to childhood disorder. Most professionals in the field of childhood disorders are well trained in assessment and treatment methods and are aware of the clinical, theoretical, and empirical foundations of the work they do. In their training, they get some experience in diagnosing the educational, psychological, social, and medical problems of children through their supervised clinical internships. In their training and in their professional practice they get to interview, discuss, consult and collaborate with children and their families regarding developmental issues and treatment plans, however, they rarely get an opportunity to fully realize and understand what it is like to have a disorder and what it is like to be a mother, or father, or teacher of children with disorders. This book provides an opportunity for students in training and professionals in the field to gain some awareness of the life journeys of some exceptional children, their families and their teachers. Focuses on those childhood disorders that are most common or what are sometimes referred to as high incidence disorders such as learning disabilities, autism, behavior disorder, depression, and anxiety Beyond, a clinical, empirical, and theoretical description of childhood disorders or a personal account relative to one particular disorder, this book provides rich narratives of experience from multiple perspectives with respect to numerous childhood disorders Provides readers with insight by sharing examples of personal contexts and situations, significant life issues, challenges and barriers, successes, and recommendations relative to particular circumstances.
- Family-focused behavioral pediatrics 2001, Ovid
- Fed up! 2005, ebraryThe fattest generation -- Obese twins and thrifty genes -- Size, health, and self-esteem -- Teaching children how to eat for life -- Off the couch and away from the screen -- Programming babies for health, before and after birth -- Eating lessons at school -- Finding help for an overweight child -- Action for healthy communities.
- Feeding during late infancy and early childhood 2005, KargerThe role of immune tolerance in allergy prevention / Fritsché, R. -- Prevention of food allergy during late infancy and early childhood / Schmitz, J. -- Celiac disease: effect of weaning on disease risk / Hernall, O. ... [et al.] -- Gut microbiota in infants between 6 and 24 months of age / Salminen, S., Gueimonde, M. -- Malabsorption of carbohydrates / Kneepkens, C.M.F., Hoekstra, J.H. -- Chronic nonspecific diarrhea of childhood / Kleinman, R.E. -- Development of motility / Staiano, A., Boccia, G. -- Motility and allergy / Bueno, L. -- The role of dietary fiber in childhood and its application in pediatric gastroenterology / Kokke, F.T.M., Taminiau, J.A.J.M., Benninga, M.A. --Early influences on taste preferences / Leathwood, P., Maier, A. -- Junk food or "junk eating"? / Gracey, M. -- Does nutrition during infancy and early childhood contribute to later obesity via metabolic imprinting of epigenetic gene regulatory mechanisms? / Waterland, R.A. -- Long-term effects of weaning habits: type-1 diabetes / Vaarala, O. -- What is known? Short-term and long-term effects of complementary feeding / Michaelsen, K.F. -- Educational recommendations for processed foods for infant feeding / Aggett, P. -- Recommendations for physicians and parents / Heymans, H.
- Fenichel's Clinical pediatric neurology. Seventh edition [7th ed.] 2013, ScienceDirect1. Paroxysmal disorders -- 2. Altered states of consciousness -- 3. Headache -- 4. Increased intracranial pressure -- 5. Psychomotor retardations and regression -- 6. The hypotonic infant -- 7. Flaccid limb weakness in childhood -- 8. Cramps, muscles stiffness, and exercise intolerance -- 9. Sensory and autonomic disturbances -- 10. Ataxia -- 11. Hemiplegia -- 12. Paraplegia and quadriplegia -- 13. Monoplegia -- 14. Movement disorders -- 15. Disorders of ocular motility -- 16. Disorders of the visual system -- 17. Lower brainstem and cranial nerve dysfunction -- 18. Disorders of cranial volume and shape.
- Fetal and neonatal pathology. 4th ed. 2007, Springer
- Fundamentals of pediatric cardiology 2006, OvidCardiovascular physiology --Clinical evaluation --Basic diagnostic studies --Pediatric exercise testing --Innocent murmurs --Chest pain --Syncope and sudden death --Principals of inheritance and genetics of congenital heart disease --Left-to-right shunts --Right-to-left shunts --Obstructive and regurgitant lesions --Acquired heart diseases --Cardiomyopathy --Coronary artery anomalies.
- Fundamentals of pediatric surgery 2011, Springer
- Gastrointestinal tract sonography in fetuses and children 2008, Springer
- Global perspectives on childhood obesity. 1st ed. 2011, ScienceDirectChapter 1. Pediatric Obesity: A Pediatrician's Viewpoint / Allison Collins, Rebecka Peebles -- Chapter 2. Salient Features on Child Obesity from the Viewpoint of a Nutritionist / Bernard Waysfeld, Dominique Adele Cassuto -- Chapter 3. Developmental Trajectories of Weight Status in Childhood and Adolescence / Samar Hejazi, V. Susan Dahinten, Pamela A. Ratner, Sheila K. Marshall -- Chapter 4. The Measurement and Epidemiology of Child Obesity / David S. Freedman, Cynthia L. Ogden, Sarah E. Cusick -- Chapter 5. Good-Enough Parenting, Self-Regulation, and the Management of Weight-Related Problems / Moria Golan -- Chapter 6. Nursing Perspective on Childhood Obesity / Cynthia Yensel, Carrie Tolman -- Chapter 7. Contemporary Racial/Ethnic and Socioeconomic Patterns in U.S. Childhood Obesity / Gopal K. Singh, Michael D. Kogan -- Chapter 8. Prediabetes among Obese Youth / Orit Pinhas-Hamiel, Phil Zeitler -- Chapter 9. Prediabetes and Type 2 Diabetes: An Emerging Epidemic among Obese Youth / Kathryn Love-Osborne -- Chapter 10. Prevalence of the Metabolic Syndrome in U.S. Youth / Sarah E. Messiah, Kristopher L. Arheart, Steven E. Lipshultz, Tracie L. Miller -- Chapter 11. Emerging Pathways to Child Obesity Starts from the Mother's Womb: A Prospective View / Ashik Mosaddik -- Chapter 12. The Social, Cultural and Familial Contexts Contributing to Childhood Obesity / Cathy Banwell, Helen Kinmonth, Jane Dixon -- Chapter 13. Cardiovascular Risk Clustering in Obese Children / Ram Weiss -- Chapter 14. A Link between Maternal and Childhood Obesity / Siân Robinson -- Chapter 15. Is Prenatal Exposure to Maternal Obesity Linked to Child Mental Health? / Alina Rodriguez -- Chapter 16. Sleep and Obesity in Children and Adolescents / Amy Darukhanavala, Silvana Pannain -- Chapter 17. Cellular Remodeling during the Growth of the Adipose Tissue / Coralie Sengenès, Virginie Bourlier, Jean Galitzky, Alexia Zakaroff-Girard, Max Lafontan, Anne Bouloumié -- Chapter 18. Children Obesity, Glucose Tolerance, Ghrelin, and Prader-Willi Syndrome / Simonetta Bellone, Arianna Busti, Sara Belcastro, Gianluca Aimaretti, Gianni Bona, Flavia Prodam -- Chapter 19. Insulin Resistance and Glucose Metabolism in Childhood Obesity / Subhashini Yaturu, Sushil K. Jain -- Chapter 20. Insulin Resistance in Pediatric Obesity: Physiological Effects and Possible Diet Treatment / Ulf Holmbäck -- Chapter 21. Role of Fatty Liver Disease in Childhood Obesity / Valerio Nobili, Anna Alisi, Melania Manco -- Chapter 22. An Overview of Psychosocial Symptoms in Obese Children / Lisa Y. Gibson --Chapter 23. Childhood Obesity: Depression, Anxiety and Recommended Therapeutic Strategies / Dana L. Rofey, Jessica J. Black, Jennifer E. Phillips, Ronette Blake, KayLoni Olson -- Chapter 24. The Emotional Impact of Obesity on Children / Robert E. Cornette -- Chapter 25. Psychiatric Illness, Psychotropic Medication, and Childhood Obesity / Lawrence Maayan, Leslie Citrome -- Chapter 26. Childhood Obesity: Public Health Impact and Policy Responses / Rogan Kersh, Brian Elbel -- Chapter 27. Childhood Obesity and Juvenile Diabetes / Mikael Knip -- Chapter 28. Bone Health in Obesity and the Cross Talk between Fat and Bone / Sowmya Krishnan, Venkataraman Kalyanaraman -- Chapter 29. A Community-Level Perspective for Childhood Obesity Prevention / Christina Economos, Erin Hennessy -- Chapter 30. School-Based Obesity-Prevention Programs / Genevieve Fridlund Dunton, Casey P. Durand, Nathaniel R. Riggs, Mary Ann Pentz -- Chapter 31. School-Based Obesity Prevention Interventions Show Promising Improvements in the Health and Academic Achievements among Ethnically Diverse Young Children / Danielle Hollar, Sarah E. Messiah, Gabriela Lopez-Mitnik, T. Lucas Hollar, Michelle Lombardo -- Chapter 32. School and Community-Based Physical Education and Healthy Active Living Programs: Holistic Practices in Hong Kong, Singapore, and the United States / Ming-Kai Chin, Christopher R. Edginton, Mei-Sin Tang, Kia-Wang Phua, Jing-Zhen Yang -- Chapter 33. Schools as “Laboratories” for Obesity Prevention: Proven Effective Models / Michelle Lombardo, Danielle Hollar, T. Lucas Hollar, Karen McNamara -- Chapter 34. Fitness and Fatness in Childhood Obesity: Implications for Physical Activity / Sarah P. Shultz, Benedicte Deforche, Nuala M. Byrne, Andrew P. Hills -- Chapter 35. Pharmacotherapy in Childhood Obesity / Amélio F. Godoy-Matos, Erika Paniago Guedes, Luciana Lopes de Souza, Mariana Farage -- Chapter 36. Beverage Interventions to Prevent Child Obesity / Rebecca Muckelbauer, Mathilde Kersting, Jacqueline Müller-Nordhorn -- Chapter 37. Psychotherapy as an Intervention for Child Obesity / Carl-Erik Flodmark -- Chapter 38. Childhood Obesity: Psychological Correlates and Recommended Therapeutic Strategies / Jennifer E. Phillips, Ethan E. Hull, Dana L. Rofey -- Chapter 39. Dietary Supplements in the Prevention and Treatment of Childhood Obesity / Robert I-San Lin -- Chapter 40. The Role of Arginine for Treating Obese Youth / Catherine J. McNeal, Guoyao Wu, Susie Vasquez, Don P. Wilson, M. Carey Satterfield, Jason R. McKnight, Hussain S. Malbari, Mujtaba Rahman -- Chapter 41. Prevention of Childhood Obesity with Use of Natural Products / Jin-Taek Hwang, Dae Young Kwon, Joohun Ha -- Chapter 42. The Role of United States Law to Prevent and Control Childhood Obesity / Jennifer L. Pomeranz -- Chapter 43. Childhood Obesity as an Amplifier of Societal Inequality in the United States / Stanley J. Ulijaszek -- Chapter 44. Childhood Obesity, Food Choice and Market Influence / Jane Kolodinsky, Amanda Goldstein, Erin Roche -- Chapter 45. The Role of Media in Childhood Obesity / Amy B. Jordan, Ariel Chernin -- Chapter 46. Evaluation and Management of Childhood Obesity in Primary Care Settings / Goutham Rao -- Chapter 47. The Future Directions and Clinical Management of Childhood Obesity / Clodagh S. O'Gorman, Jonathan Cauchi, Jill K. Hamilton, Denis Daneman.
- Growing spine 2011, Springer
- Growth of the pediatric skeleton 2008, Springer
- Guide to pediatric urology and surgery in clinical practice 2011, SpringerUrinary tract infection: USA -- Urinary tract infection: United Kingdom -- Urinary tract infection: Europe -- Urinary tract infection: Australasia -- Abnormalities of the scrotum -- Disorders of male external genitalia: problems of the penis and foreskin -- Disorders of male external genitalia: hypospadias, epispadias, concealed penis, and urethral disorders -- Disorders of male external genitalia: undescended testis -- Disorders of male external genitalia: circumcision -- Disorders of the female external genitalia -- Disorders of elimination: voiding dysfunction -- Disorders of elimination: nocturnal enuresis -- Disorders of elimination: constipation -- Hematuria and proteinuria -- Abdominal pain: urological aspects -- External angular dermoid and pilomatrixoma -- Neck swellings/lumps: midline neck swellings -- Neck swellings/lumps: lateral neck lumps -- Neck swellings/lumps: torticollis -- Umbilical disorders -- Surgical aspects of abdominal pain -- Approach to abdominal masses -- Gastro-esophageal reflux disease -- Rectal bleeding -- Intestinal obstruction -- Unique considerations in the neonate and infant: bile-stained vomiting in the neonate -- Unique considerations in the neonate and infant: pyloric stenosis -- Unique considerations in the neonate and infant: intussusception -- Hemangioma and lymphangioma.
- Hand bone age. 2nd ed. 2012, Springer
- pt. 1. ESTABLISHING THE NEED AND CRITERIA FOR EVIDENCE-BASED THERAPIES. Evidence-based therapies for children and adolescents: problems and prospects / Ric G. Steele, Michael C. Roberts, and T. David Elkin -- Empirically supported treatments and evidence-based practice for children and adolescents / Michael C. Roberts and Rochelle L. James -- Methodological issues in the evaluation of therapies / Ric G. Steele, Jennifer A. Mize Nelson, and Timothy D. Nelson -- Evidence-based therapies: translating research into practice / Charmaine K. Hig aand Bruce F. Chorpita -- pt. 2. EVIDENCE-BASED THERAPIES FOR SPECIFIC DISORDERS OR CONDITIONS. ANXIETY DISORDERS: Psychosocial treatments for phobic and anxiety disorders in youth / Wendy K. Silverman and Armando A. Pina -- Panic disorder in adolescents / Thomas H. Ollendick and Donna Pincus -- Evidence-based treatment of pediatric obsessive-compulsive disorder / Eric A Storch ... [et al.] -- Interventions for posttraumatic stress in children and adolescents following natural disasters and acts of terrorism / Annette M. La Greca -- MOOD DISORDERS AND PROBLEMS: Mood disorders in childhood / Colleen M. Cummings and Mary A. Fristad -- Empirically supported psychotherapies for adolescent depression and mood disorders / John F. Curry and Sara J. Becker -- Evidence-based therapies for adolescent suicidal behavior / Anthony Spirito and Christianne Esposito-Smythers -- DISRUPTIVE BEHAVIOR DISORDERS AND RELATED PROBLEMS: Evidence-based treatments for attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) / Betsy Hoza, Nina Kaiser, and Elizabeth Hurt -- Evidence-based therapies for oppositional behavior in young children / Robert J. McMahon and Julie S. Kotler -- Treating conduct problems, aggression, and antisocial behavior in children and adolescents: an integrated view / Paul Boxer and Paul J. Frick -- Components of evidence-based interventions for bullying and peer victimization / Anne K. Jacobs -- PEDIATRIC/MEDICALLY RELATED DISORDERS: Pain and pain management / Lindsey L. Cohen, Jill E. MacLaren, and Crystal S. Lim -- Evidence-based treatments for children with chronic illnesses / T. David Elkin and Laura Stoppelbein -- Evidence-based therapies for enuresis and encopresis / Patrick C. Friman -- Evidencebased therapies for children and adolescents with eating disorders / David H. Gleaves and Janet D. Latner -- Evidence-based therapies for pediatric overweight / Craig A. Johnston and Chermaine Tyler -- OTHER DISORDERS AND PROBLEMS: Evidence-based therapies for autistic disorder and pervasive developmental disorders / Jonathan M. Campbell, Caitlin V. Herzinger, and Carrah L. James -- Evidence-based treatment for children with serious emotional disturbance / Camille J. Randall and Eric M. Vernberg -- Evidence-based approaches to social skills training with children and adolescents / Sharon L. Foster and Julie R. Bussman -- Evidence-based treatments for adolescent substance use disorders / Deborah Deas, Kevin Gray, and Himanshu Upadhyaya -- pt. 3. IMPLEMENTATION ISSUES. Dissemination of evidence-based manualized treatments for children and families in practice settings / Michael A. Southam-Gerow, Alyssa M. Marder, and A. Aukahi Austin -- Client, therapist, and treatment characteristics in EBT's for children and adolescents / Stephen Shirk and Dana McMakin -- Implementing evidence-based treatments with ethnically diverse clients / Beth A. Kotchick and Rachel L. Grover-- Evidence-based therapy and ethical practice / William A. Rae and Constance J. Fournier -- Adoption of evidence-based treatments (EBTs) in community settings: obstacles and opportunities / Julianne M. Smith-Boydston and Timothy D. Nelson -- Evidence-based assessment for children and adolescents / Vicky Phares and Jessica Curley -- Graduate training in evidence-based practice in psychology / Thad R. Leffingwell and Frank L. Collins, Jr. -- Emerging issues in the continuing evolution of evidence-based practice / T. David Elkin, Michael C. Roberts, and Ric G. Steele.
- Handbook of fractures. 3rd ed. 2006, OvidClosed reduction, casting, and traction -- Multiple trauma -- Open fractures -- Gunshot wounds -- Pathologic fractures -- Periprosthetic fractures -- Orthopaedic analgesia -- General spine -- Cervical spine -- Thoracolumbar spine -- Clavicle fractures -- Acromioclavicular and sternoclavicular joint injuries -- Scapula fractures -- Glenohumeral dislocation -- Proximal humerus fractures -- Humeral shaft fractures -- Distal humerus -- Elbow dislocation -- Olecranon -- Radial head -- Radius and ulna shaft -- Distal radius -- Wrist -- Hand -- Pelvis -- Acetabulum --Hip dislocations -- Femoral head -- Femoral neck fractures -- Intertrochanteric fractures -- Subtrochanteric fractures -- Femoral shaft -- Distal femur -- Knee dislocation -- Patella and extensor mechanism injuries -- Tibial plateau -- Tibial/fibula shaft -- Ankle fractures -- Calcaneus fractures -- Talus -- Fractures of the midfoot and forefoot -- Pediatric orthopedic surgery: general principles -- Pediatric shoulder -- Pediatric elbow -- Pediatric forearm -- Pediatric wrist and hand -- Pediatric hip -- Pediatric femoral shaft -- Pediatric knee -- Pediatric tibia and fibula -- Pediatric ankle -- Pediatric foot.
- Mental health services for children, adolescents, and families: trends, models, and current status / Ric G. Steele and Michael C. Roberts -- Mental health services for young children / Diane Powell and Glen Dunlap -- School psychologiy services / Steven W. Lee and T. Rene Jamison -- Providing services within a school-based intensive mental health program / Anne K. Jacobs, Camille Randall, Eric M. Vernberg, Michael C. Roberts, and Joseph E. Nye -- Inpatient pediatric consultation-liaison: applied child health psychology / Bryan D. Carter and Renee T. Van Weiss -- Mental health services for children in pediatric primary care settings / Terry Stancin -- Providing a range of services to fit the needs of youth in community mental health centers / Julianne M. Smith-Boydston -- Outpatient-private practice model / Bernadette M. Landolf -- Inpatient treatment models / Luis A Vargas and Artenio De Dios Brambila -- Child abuse prevention and intervention services / Michelle R. Kees and Barbara L. Bonner -- Services to prevent sexually transmitted diseases in adolescents / Beth A. Auslander, Mary B. Short, and Susan L. Rosenthal -- Treatment services for adolescent substance abuse / Beverly Pringle, and Jerry Flanzer --Targeted prevention of antisocial behavior in children: the early risers "Skill for Success" program / Michael L. Bloomquist, Gerald J. August, Susanne S. Lee, Barrie E. Berquist, and Robin Mathy -- Implementing effective youth violence prevention programs in community settings / Patricia A. Graczykand Patrick H. Tolan -- Adolescent sex offender programs / William D. Murphy, Jacqueline Page, and Rebecca Ettelson -- Rural mental health services / David L. Fenell and Alan J. Hovestadt -- Mental health services for children with chronic illness / Ann M. McGrath Davis and Ngan Voung -- Psychological services for children and families who are homeless / Mary E. Walsh and Julie Heim Jackson -- Telehealth/Internet services for children, adolescents, and families / Heidi J. Liss -- Therapeutic camping programs / Keri J. Brown -- Implementation of the Felix Consent Decree in Hawaii: the impact of policy and practice development efforts on service delivery / Bruce F. Chorpita and Christina Donkervoet -- Children's services in disasters and other emergencies / Gilbert Reyes, Trisha T. Miller, Merritt D. Schreiber, and Beth Todd-Bazemore -- Program evaluation approaches in service delivery in child and family mental health / Michael C. Roberts and Ric G. Steele -- Large-scale evaluations of children's mental health services: the Ft. Bragg and Stark County studies / Leonard Bickman and Shelagh Mulvaney -- Methodological challenges in the national evaluation of the comprehenive community mental health services for children and their families program / E. Wayne Holden, Robert L. Stephens, and Rolando L. Santiago -- The future of mental health service delivery for children, adolescents, and families: an agenda for organization and research / Ric G. Steele and Michael C. Roberts.
- Handbook of pediatric autopsy pathology 2005, SpringerGeneral principles -- Pediatric autopsy: fetus, newborn, and child -- Examination of the human embryo -- The placenta -- Hydrops -- Chromosomal defects -- Congenital abnormalities -- Cardiovascular system -- Respiratory system -- Gastrointestinal system -- Liver, gallbladder, biliary tract, and pancreas -- Renal system -- Male and female genitourinary systems -- Central nervous system -- Thymus, spleen, lymph nodes, and immunodeficiency -- Skeletal system -- The eye and adnexa sectioning -- Metabolic diseases -- Sudden infant death -- Pediatric forensic pathology -- Special procedures -- Infection control and biological hazards in the autopsy.
- Handbook of pediatric cardiovascular drugs 2008, Springer
- Handbook of pediatric chronic pain 2011, Springer
- Handbook of pediatric eye and systemic disease 2006, Springer1Embryology /Cynthia S. Cook, Kathleen K. Sulik, and Kenneth W. Wright -2Breaking the news: the role of the physician /Nancy Chernus-Mansfield --3Chromosomal anomalies and the eye /J. Bronwyn Bateman --4Craniofacial syndromes and malformations /Marilyn T. Miller and Anna Newlin --5Connective tissue, skin, and bone disorders /Elias I. Traboulsi --6Neurocutaneous syndromes /Maria A. Musarella --7Metabolic diseases /Lois J. Martyn --8Selected genetic syndromes with ophthalmic features /Natalie C. Kerr and Enikö Karman Pivnick --Infectious diseases /R. Christopher Walton, Roger K. George, and Alissa A. Craft --10Ocular manifestations of inherited diseases /Maya Eibschitz-Tsimhoni.
- Handbook of pediatric neuro-ophthalmology / 2006, Springer1Embryology /Cynthia S. Cook, Kathleen K. Sulik, and Kenneth W. Wright --2Pediatric neuro-ophthalmology examination /Edward G. Buckley --3The pediatric low-vision patient /Anne Frances Walonker --4Breaking the news: the role of the physician /Anne Chernus-Mansfield --5Ocular motility disorders /Mitra Maybodi, Richard W. Hertle, and Brian N. Bachynski --6Congenital optic nerve abnormalities /Paul H. Phillipps and Michael C. Brodsky --8Brain lesions with ophthalmologic manifestations /Michael X. Repka --9Nystagmus and ocular oscillations in infancy and childhood /Richard W. Hertle --10Neurodegenerative conditions of ophthalmic importance /Mark S. Borchert and Sarah Ying --11Neurocranial defects with neuro-ophthalmic significance /Ronald M. Minzter and Edward G. Buckley --12Management of common pediatric neuro-ophthalmology problems /James W. McManaway III and Dean J. Bonsall.
- Handbook of pediatric obesity Clinical management / 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of pediatric retinal disease 2006, Springer1Pediatric visual electrophysiology /Anthony Kriss and Dorothy Thompson --2The pediatric low-vision patient /Anne Frances Walonker --3Breaking the news: the role of the physician /Nancy Chernus-Mansfield --4Heritable disorders of RPE, Bruch's membrane /Arlene V. Drack --5Retinitis pigmentosa and associated disorders /Arlene V. Drack and Alan E. Kimura --6Disorders of the vitreous and vitreoretinal interface /David M. Brown and Thomas W. Weingeist --7Retinal vascular disorders /Richard M. Feist, Christopher F. Blodi, and Peter H. Spiegel --8Nonvascular hamartomas /Chittaranjan V. Reddy and Arlene V. Drack --9Retinoblastoma and other malignant intraocular tumors /A. Linn Murphree and Laurie E. Christensen --10Retinopathy of prematurity /Richard R. Ober, Earl A. Palmer, Arlene V. Drack, and Kenneth W. Wright --11Infectious, inflammatory, and toxic diseases of the retina and vitreous /William L. Haynes, Jose S. Pulido, and Peter H. Spiegel l--12Myopia /Arlene V. Drack --13Patterns of retinal diseases in children /Arlene V. Drack.
- Handbook of pediatric strabismus and amblyopia 2006, SpringerPediatric eye examination /Ann U. Stout --2Anatomy and physiology of eye movements /Kenneth W. Wright --3Binocular vision and introduction to strabismus /Kenneth W. Wright --4Visual development and amblyopia /Kenneth W. Wright --5The ocular motor examination /Kenneth W. Wright --6Sensory aspects of strabismus /Kenneth W. Wright --7Esodeviations /Kenneth W. Wright --8Exotropia /Kenneth W. Wright --9Alphabet patterns and oblique /Kenneth W. Wright --10Complex strabismus: restriction, paresis, dissociated strabismus, and torticollis /Kenneth W. Wright --11Strabismus surgery /Kenneth W. Wright and Pauline Hong --12Ocular motility disorders /Mitra Maybodi, Richard W. Hertle, and Brian N. Bachynski --13Optical pearls and pitfalls /David L. Guyton, Joseph M. Miller, and Constance W. West.
- Handbook of pediatric surgery 2010, SpringerMilestones in pediatric surgery -- Fluids, electrolytes, and dehydration -- Metabolic response to injury and sepsis -- Shock -- Parenteral nutrition -- Hematology for surgeons -- Postoperative problems -- Neonatal physiology and care -- Fetal surgery: general principles -- Diaphragmatic hernia -- Esophageal atresia -- Pyloric stenosis -- Malrotation -- Intestinal atresia -- Necrotizing entercolitis -- Meconium ileus -- Hirschsprung's disease -- Anorectal malformations -- Abdominal wall defects -- Surgical neck pathology -- Developmental lung anomalies -- Gastro-esophageal reflux -- Gastrointestinal bleeding -- Acute abdomen -- Intussusception -- Appendicitis -- Rare causes of abdominal pain -- Crohn's disease -- Ulcerative colitis -- Short bowel syndrome -- Intestinal transplantation -- Vascular malformations -- Inguinal hernias and hydroceles -- The acute scrotum -- The undescended testes -- Miscellaneous problems of the male genitalia -- Miscellaneous surgical issues -- Basic pediatric laparoscopy and thoracoscopy -- Urinary tract infection -- The ureter -- Vesico-ureteric reflux -- Neurogenic bladder -- Posterior urethral valves -- Hypospadias -- Bladder exstrophy, epispadias, and cloacal exstrophy -- Disorders of sex development -- Investigation of jaundice -- Biliary atresia -- Choledochal malformations -- Gallbladder disease -- Portal hypertension -- Pancreatic disease -- Liver transplantation -- Wilms' tumor -- Liver tumors -- Neuroblastoma -- Teratomas -- Miscellaneous tumors -- Trauma management: general principles -- Abdominal trauma -- Thoracic trauma -- Basic brain injury -- Spina bifida -- Hydrocephalus.; Appendices: Reference weights and heights -- Anatomical reference -- Human developmental milestones.
- Handbook of pediatric transfusion medicine 2004, ScienceDirect
- Handbook of sleep medicine 2006, OvidPopulations at risk for sleep disturbances / Phyllis C. Zee and Alon Y. Avidan -- Sleep-disordered breathing / Suzette Sewell-Scheuermann and Barbara A. Phillips -- Insomnia / Ruth M. Benca -- Hypersomnia and narcolepsy / Timothy F. Hoban and Ronald D. Chervin -- Motor disorders of sleep and parasomnias / Alon Y. Avidan -- Circadian rhythm sleep disorders / Brandon S. Lu, Prasanth Manthena, and Phyllis C. Zee -- Sleep disorders in children / Judith Anne Owens and Katherine Finn Davis.
- Harley's Pediatric ophthalmology. 5th ed. 2005, OvidGenetics of eye disease / Terri L. Young and Leila M. Khazaeni -- Neonatal ophthalmology: ocular development in childhood / Kammi B. Gunton, Leonard B. Nelson, and Scott E. Olitsky -- Retinopathy of prematurity / James D. Reynolds -- The pediatric eye examination / John W. Simon and Nalini K. Aggarwal -- Electrodiagnostic tests of the retina and higher centers / Ronald E. Carr -- Refraction in infants and children / Michael X. Repka -- Ambylopia / Evelyn A. Paysse and David K. Coats -- Sensory adaptations in strabismus / Marshall M. Parks -- Strabismus disorders / Scott E. Olitsky and Leonard B. Nelson -- Surgical management of strabismus / Rudolph S. Wagner -- Conjunctival diseases / Cintia F. Gomi ... [et al.] -- Diseases of the cornea / Christopher J. Rapuano and Peter R. Laibson -- Pediatric cataracts and lens anomalies / Derek B. Hess, Rachel A. Tesser, and Edward G. Buckley -- Glaucoma in infants and children / Sharon F. Freedman and David S. Walton -- Uveitis in children / Conrad L. Giles, Antonio Capone Jr., and Mandar M. Joshi -- Diseases of the retina and vitreous / Eric D. Weichel ... [et al.] -- Congenital abnormalities of the optic disc / Gary C. Brown and Melissa M. Brown -- Disorders of the lacrimal apparatus in infancy and childhood / Deborah K. VanderVeen -- Pediatric eyelid disorders / Forrest J. Ellis -- Disorders of the orbit / Daniel P. Schaefer -- Ocular tumors of childhood / Jerry A. Shields and Carol L. Shields -- The systemic hamartomatoses ("phakomatoses") / Jerry A. Shields and Carol L. Shields -- Ocular abnormalities in childhood metabolic disorders / Avery H. Weiss -- Pediatric neuro-ophthalmology / Robert C. Sergott and Denise Hug -- Nystagmus / Mitchell B. Strominger -- Ocular trauma and its prevention / Robert A. Catalano -- Role of the ophthalmologist in learning disorders / Harold P. Koller and Kenneth B. Goldberg -- Working with visually impaired children and their families / Marilyn A. Moller with Rose D. Skolnick -- Medicolegal issues in pediatric ophthalmology / Edward L. Raab -- The evolution of strabismus surgery / Norman B. Medow.
- Harriet Lane handbook. 19th ed. 2012, MD Consult
- Heart diseases in children 2011, Springer
- Hirschsprung's disease and allied disorders. 3rd ed. 2008, Springer
- [v. 1] Guidelines for decision-makers -- [v. 2] A Guide for health-care managers and supervisors.
- Section 1. Isolated pediatric eye disorders -- Section 2. Ocular manifestations of systemic disease.
- Hot topics in infection and immunity in children. II 2005, Springer
- Hot topics in infection and immunity in children. III 2006, Springer1. Warfare and the state of the world's children / Frank Shann -- 2. How do we treat children with severe malaria? / Kathyrn Maitland -- 3. The neglected tropical diseases : the ancient afflictions of stigma and poverty and the prospects for their control and elimination / Peter Hotez, Eric Ottesen, Alan Fenwick, and David Molyneux-- 4. Viral haemorrhagic fevers caused by Lassa, Ebola and Marburg viruses / Nigel Curtis -- 5. Rotavirus and rotavirus vaccines / Roger I. Glass, Joseph Bresee, Baoming Jiang, Umesh Parashar, Eileen Yee, and Jon Gentsch -- 6. Transient deficiencies of T-cell-mediated immunity in the neonate / David A. Randolph and David B. Lewis -- 7. Controversies in neonatal sepsis : immunomodulation in the treatment and prevention of neonatal sepsis / Samantha J. Moss and Andrew R. Gennery -- 8. Chlamydia trachomatis genital Infections in adolescents and young adults / Toni Darville -- 9. The role of inflammation and infection in the development of chronic lung disease in prematurity / Philip L. Davies, Nicola C. Maxwell, and Sailesh Kotecha -- 10. Streptococcus pneumoniae : infection, inflammation and disease / Tim J. Mitchell -- 11. Impact of antimicrobial resistance on therapy of bacterial pneumonia in children / B. Keith English and Steven C. Buckingham -- 12. Diagnosis and prevention of pneumococcal disease / Hanna Nohynek -- 13. New antibiotics for gram-positive infections / John S. Bradley -- 14. Clinical manifestations of nontuberculous mycobacteria / Robert S. Heydeman and Julia Clark -- 15. Kingella kingae : an emerging pediatric pathogen / Pablo Yagupsky -- 16. How to treat acute musculoskeletal infections in children / Nico G. Hartwig -- 17. Prevention of transmission of HIV-1 from mothers to infants in Africa / Hoosen Coovadia and Derseree Archary -- 18. Practical aspects of antiretroviral treatment in children / Sam Walters -- 19. Antibiotic treatment for acute otitis media in children / Matthew J. Thompson and Paul Glasziou-- 20. Antibiotic prophylaxis for the prevention of recurrent urinary tract infections in children / Elliot Long, Samantha Colquhoun, and Jonathan R. Carapetis -- 21. Human metapneumovirus : an important cause of acute repiratory illness /. Adilia Warris and Ronald de Groot.
- Hot topics in infection and immunity in children. V 2009, SpringerShiga-toxin producing escherichia coli and the hemolytic uremic syndrome / Christina K. Ahn, Nicholas J. Holt, Phillip I. Tarr -- Global epidemiology of pneumococcal disease - new prospects for vaccine control / Vinicius C. Antao, William P. Hausdorff -- Current concepts of the pathogenesis of RSV bronchiolitis / Louis Bont -- How can we eradicate pertussis / James D. Cherry -- Recognition and management of encephalitis in children / James D. Cherry -- Microbiology and management of pleural empyema / Julia Clark -- Pneumococcal conjugate vaccines probe studies / Ron Dagan -- New findings in primary immunodeficiency / Andrew R. Gennery, Andrew J. Cant -- Routine use of influenza vaccine / David Isaacs -- Challenges in the evaluation and management of bone and joint infections and the role of new antibiotics for gram positive infections / Sheldon L. Kaplan -- Significance of serotype replacement for pneumococcal disease and antibiotic resistance / Keith P. Klugman -- Childhood intra-thoracic tuberculosis / Ben J. Marais -- Antibiotic pipeline in pediatrics / George H. McCracken -- Paediatric drug development and clinical trials / E. David G. McIntosh -- Influenza in pregnancy / Shelly McNeil, Beth Halperin, Noni MacDonald -- Febrile neutropenia in children with cancer / Stéphane Paulus, Simon Dobson -- PANDAS syndrome / Michael E. Pichichero -- Fever in the returned paediatric traveller / F. Andrew I. Riordan -- Molecular diagnostics of primary immunodeficiencies / Mirjam van der Burg, Menno C. van Zelm, Jacques J.M. van Dongen -- Human genetic resistance to malaria / Thomas N. Williams.
- Imaging in pediatric pulmonology 2012, Springer
- Imaging in pediatric skeletal trauma 2008, Springer
- Imaging of gynecological disorders in infants and children 2012, Springer
- Imaging of pediatric bone and joint trauma 2011, Springer
- Immunization safety review 2004, NAP
- Immunization safety review 2003, NAP
- Importance of growth for health and development 2010, KargerDeviant growth and its consequences.
- Infant feeding practices 2011, SpringerInfant feeding beliefs and practices across cultures: an introduction -- Managing the lactating body: the breastfeeding project in the age of anxiety -- Attitudes to breastfeeding -- The imperative to breastfeed: an Australian perspective -- Infant feeding and the problems of policy -- Shifting identities: social and cultural factors that shape decision-making around sustaining breastfeeding -- Breastfeeding under the blanket: exploring the tensions between health and social attitudes to breastfeeding in the United States, Ireland, and the United Kingdom -- Breastfeeding beliefs and practices among employed women: a Thai cultural perspective -- Good mothers and infant feeding practices among women in Northern Thailand -- Breastfeeding in sub-Saharan Africa: still the best despite the risk of HIV -- Infant feeding in the era of HIV: challenges and opportunities -- Facing competing cultures of breastfeeding: the experience of HIV-positive women in Burkina Faso -- Fluid boundaries: multiple meanings of the illness 'moto' in Northern Malawi -- From traditional to optimal breastfeeding practices: selected cases from Central and Southern Africa -- Hoki kit e ukaipo: reinstating Maori infant care practices to increase breastfeeding rates -- Infant feeding in indigenous Australian communities -- Breastfeeding, vertical disease transmission and the volition of medicines in Malawi -- Infant feeding beliefs and practices in Islamic societies: focusing on rural Turkey -- Early initiation of breastfeeding and its beneficial effects in Japan -- Socio-cultural factors influencing feeding patterns within 6 months postpartum in rural Vietnam -- Infant feeding following migration: attitudes and practices of women born in Turkey and Vietnam after migration to Australia.
- Inheriting the world 2004, WHO
- International perspectives on child & adolescent mental health. Vol. 2 2002, ScienceDirect
- Is soccer bad for children's heads? 2002, NAP
- Issues in complementary feeding 2007, KargerBreastfeeding and complementary feeding of children up to 2 years of age / K.H. Brown -- Does breastfeeding protect from growth acceleration and later obesity? / A. Singhal -- Later effects of breastfeeding practice: the evidence / D. Turck -- Traditional foods vs. manufactured baby foods / E.L. Ferguson, N. Darmon -- Potential contaminants in the food chain: identification, prevention and issue management / F.P. Scanlan -- The microbiological risk / L. Morelli -- Cereal fortification programs in developing countries / S. Bulusu ... [et al.] -- Processed infant cereals as vehicles of functional components / M. Domelléf, C. West -- Functional ingredients in the complementary feeding period and long-term effects / C. Agostoni, E. Riva, M. Giovannini -- The influence of gluten: weaning recommendations for healthy children and children at risk for celiac disease / S. Guandalini -- Allergic infants: growth and implications while on exclusion diets / K. Laitinen, E. Isolauri -- Weaning infants with malnutrition, including HIV / N.W. Solomons -- Adverse effects of cow's milk in infants / E.E. Ziegler -- Whole cow's milk: why, what and when? / K.F. Michaelsen ... [et al.] -- Meat as an early complementary food for infants: implications for macro- and micronutrient intakes / N.F. Krebs -- Functional fermented milk products / O. Brunser, M. Gotteland, S. Cruchet.
- Learning pediatric imaging 2011, Springer
- Life with epidermolysis bullosa (EB) 2009, Springer
- Manual of pediatric hematology and oncology. 5th ed. 2011, ScienceDirectChapter 1. Classification and Diagnosis of Anemia in Children -- Chapter 2. Anemia During the Neonatal Period -- Chapter 3. Iron-Deficiency Anemia -- Chapter 4. Megaloblastic Anemia -- Chapter 5. Hematologic Manifestations of Systemic Illness -- Chapter 6. Bone Marrow Failure -- Chapter 7. Red Cell Membrane and Enzyme Defects -- Chapter 8. Hemoglobinopathies -- Chapter 9. Extracorpuscular Hemolytic Anemia -- Chapter 10. Polycythemia -- Chapter 11. Disorders of White Blood Cells -- Chapter 12. Disorders of Platelets -- Chapter 13. Hemostatic Disorders -- Chapter 14. Thrombotic Disorders -- Chapter 15. Lymphadenopathy and Splenomegaly -- Chapter 16. Lymphoproliferative Disorders, Myelodysplastic Syndromes and Myeloproliferative Disorders -- Chapter 17. Leukemias -- Chapter 18. Histiocytosis Syndromes -- Chapter 19. Hodgkin Lymphoma -- Chapter 20. Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma -- Chapter 21. Central Nervous System Malignancies -- Chapter 22. Neuroblastoma -- Chapter 23. Renal Tumors -- Chapter 24. Rhabdomyosarcoma and Other Soft-Tissue Sarcomas -- Chapter 25. Malignant Bone Tumors -- Chapter 26. Retinoblastoma -- Chapter 27. Germ Cell Tumors -- Chapter 28. Hepatic Tumors -- Chapter 29. Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation -- Chapter 30. Management of Oncologic Emergencies -- Chapter 31. Supportive Care of Patients with Cancer -- Chapter 32. Evaluation, Investigations and Management of Late Effects of Childhood Cancer -- Chapter 33. Psychosocial Aspects of Cancer for Children and their Families.
- Adolescent preventive services -- The adolescent patient interview -- Tanner staging -- Normal adolescent development -- Male genitourinary exam -- The pelvic exam and pap smear -- Adolescent dermatology -- Obesity -- Adolescent nutrition, IBD, IBS -- Sports injuries in the adolescent -- Cardiac issues in adolescence -- Menstrual irregularities: amenorrhea -- Menstrual irregularities: abnormal vaginal bleeding -- Basics of hormonal contraception -- Adolescent pregnancy -- Polycystic ovary syndrome -- Sexually transmitted infections in adolescents -- Delayed puberty, short stature, and tall stature -- Adolescent substance abuse -- Adolescent mental health disorders -- Eating disorders -- Adolescent relationship violence in clinical settings: challenges for identification and intervention -- Bullying -- Transition of care -- Erratum to: male genitourinary exam.
- Maternal and child health 2009, SpringerA history of international cooperation in maternal and child health -- Global burden of disease among women, children, and adolescents -- Promotion of global perinatal health -- Maternal and child health in the organization for economic cooperation and development (OECD) countries -- Health system impacts on maternal and child health -- The environment and maternal child health -- Impact of wars and conflict on maternal and child health -- The impact of globalization on maternal and child health -- Gender equity: perspectives on maternal and child health -- Harmful traditional practices and women's health: female genital mutilation -- Abortion and postabortion care -- Malaria in women and children -- The global burden of childhood diarrhea -- Tuberculosis in childhood and pregnancy -- Impact of HIV on the health of women, children, and families in less developed countries -- Malnutrition and maternal and child health -- The global burden of obstetric fistulas -- Health challenges for women, children, and adolescents with disabilities -- Unintentional injuries in children -- Evidence-based maternal and child health -- A global perspective on teen pregnancy -- Progress and challenges in making pregnancy safer: a global perspective -- Global immunization challenge: progress and opportunities -- Adolescent health -- The global burden of child maltreatment -- Children in difficult circumstances -- Integrated management of childhood illness -- Planning, development, and maintenance of the MCH workforce -- An agenda for child health policy in developing countries.
- The diagnosis and management of infectious diseases -- Nose and throat syndromes -- Infectious mononucleosis and mononucleosis-like syndromes -- Mouth and salivary gland syndromes -- Eye, ear, and sinus syndromes -- Face and neck syndromes -- Middle respiratory syndromes -- Pneumonia syndromes -- Neurologic syndromes -- Fever and shock syndromes -- Rash syndromes -- Gastrointestinal syndromes -- Hepatitis syndromes -- Urinary syndromes -- Genital syndromes -- Orthopedic syndromes -- Skin syndromes -- Cardiovascular syndromes -- Perinatal syndromes -- HIV infection and AIDS -- Exposure problems -- Infections complicating chronic diseases -- The child with frequent, severe, or unusual infections: congenital immunodeficiency syndromes.
- Molecularly targeted therapy for childhood cancer 2010, SpringerPart 1. Hematologic Malignancies -- The Emerging Era of Targeted Therapy in Childhood Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia / William L. Carroll and Rob Pieters -- Molecular Targeted Therapies in T-Cell Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia / Alejandro Gutierrez and A. Thomas Look -- Molecularly Targeted Therapy for Infant ALL / Patrick A. Brown and Carolyn A. Felix -- Targeted Therapeutic Approaches for AML / Robert J. Arceci and Donald Small -- Acute Promyelocytic Leukaemia / Andrea Biondi, Anna Maria Testi and Brenda E. S. Gibson -- Down Syndrome and Acute Myeloid Leukemia: An Unique Genetic Sensitivity to Chemotherapy / Jeffrey W. Taub, Yubin Ge and Yaddanapudi Ravindranath -- Targeting RAS Signaling Pathways in Juvenile Myelomonocytic Leukemia (JMML) / Jennifer O'Hara Lauchle and Benjamin S. Braun -- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia: Pathophysiology and Therapeutics / Seth J. Corey and Jorge Cortes -- Molecularly Targeted Therapies in Pediatric Myelodysplastic Syndromes / Lia Gore -- New Therapeutic Frontiers for Childhood Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma / Megan S. Lim and Mitchell S. Cairo -- Molecular Targeting of Post-transplant Lymphoproliferative Disorders / Michael Wang and Thomas G. Gross -- Part 2. Solid Tumors -- Molecularly Targeted Therapies for Astrocytomas / Ian F. Pollack -- Targeted Therapy in Medulloblastoma in Molecularly Targeted Therapy for Childhood Cancer / Yoon-Jae Cho and Scott L. Pomeroy -- Future Treatments of Ependymoma / Richard J. Gilbertson -- Development of Targeted Therapies for Rhabdoid Tumors Based on the Functions of INI1/hSNF5 Tumor Suppressor / Ganjam V. Kalpana and Melissa E. Smith -- Development of Targeted Therapies for Neurofibromatosis Type 1 (NF1) Related Tumors / Brigitte Widemann -- Molecular Therapy for Neuroblastoma / Yaël P. Mossé and John M. Maris -- Ewing's Sarcoma Family of Tumors: Molecular Targets Need Arrows / Jeffrey A. Toretsky and Aykut Üren -- Molecular Targeted Therapy for Wilms' Tumor / James I. Geller and Jeffrey S. Dome -- Molecular Therapy for Rhabdomyosarcoma / Raushan T. Kurmasheva, Hajime Hosoi, Ken Kikuchi and Peter J. Houghton -- Molecularly Targeted Therapy for Osteosarcoma: Where Do We Go from Here? / Rosanna Ricafort and Richard Gorlick -- Nonrhabdomyosarcoma Soft Tissue Sarcoma in Children: Developing New Treatments Based on a Better Understanding of Disease Biology / Stephen X. Skapek.
- v. 1. Structure and function of the cardiovascular system ; Diagnostic methods ; Electrophysiology ; Therapeutic methods ; Pediatric cardiac intensive care ; From the gene to the neonate ; Congenital cardiovascular malformations -- v. 2. Congenital cardiovascular malformations [cont'd.] ; Diseases of the endocardium, myocardium, and pericardium ; Pulmonary vascular disease ; The young adult with congenital heart disease ; Other special problems and issues.
- Nelson Textbook of pediatrics. 19th ed. 2011, MD Consult
- Neonatal neurology. 4th ed. 2007, ScienceDirect
- Neuroblastoma 2005, Springer
- Neurological manifestations of pediatric infectious diseases and immunodeficiency syndromes 2008, SpringerHerpes viruses -- Myxoviruses -- Picornaviruses -- Arboviruses -- Togaviruses -- Rhabdoviruses -- Adenoviruses -- Arenaviruses -- Orthopoxviruses -- Retroviruses -- Neurological consequences of antiretroviral treatment -- Papovaviruses -- Bacterial meningitis -- Focal bacterial infections and parameningeal infections -- Streptococcus pyogenes -- Bordetella petussis -- Shigella species -- Campylobacter species -- Brucella species -- Clostridium tetani -- Clostridium botulinum -- Corynebacterium diphtheriae -- Bartonella species -- Mycobacterium tuberculosis -- Mycobacterium leprae -- Rickettsia rickettsii -- Ehrlichia and Anaplasma species -- Borrelia burgdorferi -- Treponema pallidum -- Candida species -- Cryptococcus neoformans -- Histoplasma capsulatum -- Coccidiodes species -- Phaeohyphomycoses -- Protozoal infections -- Babesia species -- Helminth infections -- Neurological disease and primary immunodeficiency -- Basic principles of selective neurological treatments.
- NHG clinical practice guidelines 2011, SpringerM09 NHG Clinical Practice Guideline Acute Otitis Media (AOM) -- M29 NHG Clinical Practice Guideline Feverish Illness in Children.
- Nutrition support for infants and children at risk 2007, KargerThe development of atopic phenotypes: genetic and environmental determinants / Wahn, U. ... [et al.] -- Food allergy to proteins / Nowak-Wegrzyn, A. -- Hypoallergenicity: a principle for the treatment of food allergy / Beyer, K. -- The concept of hypoallergenicity for atopy prevention / von Berg, A. -- The concept of oral tolerance induction to foods / Lack, G. -- Chronic enteropathy: molecular basis / Ruemmele, F.M. -- Chronic enteropathy: clinical aspects / Gibbons, T.; Fuchs, G.J. -- Transition from parenteral to enteral nutrition / Milla, P.J. -- Chronic entereropathy and feeding / Salvatore, S.; Hauser, B.; Vandenplas, Y. -- Stressed mucosa / Davidson, G.; Kritas, S.; Butler, R. -- Nutrition for children with cholestatic liver disease / Los, E.L. ... [et al.] -- Nutrient requirements of premature infants / Ziegler, E.E. -- Nutritional assessment in preterm infants / Griffin, I.J. -- Early aggressive nutrition in very preterm infants / Thureen, P.J. -- Discussion on 'Human milk fortification' / Putet, G. -- Postdischarge nutrition of preterm infants: more questions than answers / Cooke, R.J.
- Obesity in childhood and adolescence 2004, Karger
- Optimizing bone mass and strength 2007, KargerOsteoporosis : a paediatric concern? / R.A. Faulkner, D.A. Bailey -- The biomechanical basis of bone strength development during growth / S.A. Kontulainen ... [et al.] -- The effect of exercise on bone mass and structural geometry during growth / R.M. Daly -- Evidence for an interaction between exercise and nutrition for improved bone health during growth B. Specker, M. Vukovich -- Gene-environmental interactions in the skeletal response to nutrition and exercise during growth / J.-P. Bonjour ... [et al.] -- The effect of energy balance on endocrine function and bone health in youth / C. Zanker, K. Hind -- Risk factors for fractures in normally active children and adolescents / A. Goulding -- Does exercise during growth prevent fractures in later life? / M.K. Karlsson -- Lessons learned from school-based skeletal loading intervention trials : putting research into practice / J.M. Hughes, S.A. Golner, M.A. Petit.
- Oski's Pediatrics. 4th ed. 2006, OvidThe history of pediatrics in America -- The field of pediatrics -- Ethics of pediatric medicine -- Reading and keeping up with the medical literature -- Pediatric history and physical examination -- Diagnostic process -- Pharmacologic principles of drug therapy -- Complementary, alternative, holistic, and integrative medicine -- Fluid and electrolyte physiology and therapy -- Molecular genetics -- Genetics in pediatric primary care -- Evaluating and using laboratory tests -- Ambulatory care: present and future -- Feeding the healthy child -- Immunization -- Injury prevention and control -- Child maltreatment -- Newborn screening -- Congenital malformations -- Growth and metabolic adaptation of the fetus and newborn -- General obstetric care -- Fetal evaluation and prenatal diagnosis -- Management of the normal newborn -- The newborn intensive care unit -- The premature newborn -- Neonatal hyperbilirubinemia.Intrauterine growth restriction -- Follow-up of infants discharged from newborn intensive care -- Ethical issues in neonatology -- Surgical considerations and postoperative care of the newborn -- Neuroembryology -- Intraventricular hemorrhage of the preterm infant -- White matter injury in the premature infant -- Neonatal encephalopathies -- Perinatal cerebral infarction -- Neonatal seizures -- The floppy infant and the late walker -- Neonatal abstinence syndrome -- Developmental considerations -- Physiologic considerations -- Causes of respiratory distress in the newborn -- Respiratory distress syndrome -- Cystic adenomatoid malformation -- Transient tachypnea of the newborn -- Pneumonia -- Pulmonary air leaks -- Meconium aspiration syndrome -- Persistent pulmonary hypertension -- Apnea -- Bronchopulmonary dysplasia -- Cardiovascular embryology -- Epidemiology of congenital heart disease -- Cardiovascular disease in the newborn -- Cardiovascular surgery in the newborn -- Developmental disorders of gastrointestinal function -- Neonatal cholestasis -- Sucking and swallowing disorders and gastroesophageal reflux -- Distended Abdomen -- Necrotizing enterocolitis -- Short bowel syndrome.Renal and genitourinary diseases -- Neonatal endocrinology -- Infant of the diabetic mother -- Mineral metabolism in the newborn -- Urinary tract infections -- Hematopoiesis and hematologic diseases -- Malignancy in the newborn -- Dermatologic disease -- Craniofacial defects -- Eye evaluation of the newborn -- Sepsis neonatorum -- Meningitis -- Osteomyelitis and septic arthritis -- Skin and soft tissue infections -- Group B streptococcal disease -- Enterovirus -- Cytomegalovirus -- Herpes simplex virus -- Neonatal varicella-zoster virus -- Epstein-Barr virus -- Neonatal syphilis -- Rubella -- Neonatal toxoplasmosis -- Hepatitis viruses -- Neisseria gonorrhoeae -- Chlamydia trachomatis -- Genital mycoplasmas -- Nosocomial infection in the newborn -- Introduction to adolescent medicine -- Breast disorders -- Menstrual disorders -- Adolescent pregnancy and contraception -- Adolescent hypertension -- Adolescent substance abuse and other high-risk behaviors -- Sexually transmitted diseases -- Normal infant and childhood development -- Streams of development: the key to developmental assessment -- Mental retardation -- Biopsychosocial and developmental approaches in pediatrics -- Psychosocial interview.Mental disorders and psychological stress -- Disruptive behavior disorders -- Emotional disorders with childhood onset -- Depression in childhood and adolescence -- Suicide -- Somatoform and conversion disorders -- Pervasive developmental disorder and autistic disorder -- Eating disorders -- Sleep disorders -- Psychotic disorders -- Enuresis -- Encopresis -- School difficulties -- Adoption -- Child and adolescent psychiatric referral -- Selected topics in emergency medicine -- Apparent life-threatening events. Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) -- Acute head trauma -- General principles of poisoning management -- Salicylism -- Acetaminophen overdose -- Plant poisoning -- Lead poisoning -- Minor burns -- Respiratory complications of burns and smoke inhalation (respiratory burns) -- Foreign bodies -- Oral problems -- Pediatric ophthalmology -- Pediatric dermatology -- Sports medicine -- Failure to thrive -- Fever without source -- Fever of unknown origin -- Pathogenesis of ever and its treatment -- Sepsis and septic shock -- Bacterial meningitis beyond the newborn period -- Opportunistic infections in the compromised host -- Bioterrorism -- Pediatric human immunodeficiency virus infection -- Antiretroviral therapy in pediatric acquired immunodeficiency syndrome.Prophylaxis for exposure to human immunodeficiency virus -- Mycoplasma and ureaplasma infections -- Chlamydial infections -- Rickettsial diseases -- Control of nosocomial infections -- Diagnostic microbiology for pediatric infections -- Assays for the diagnosis of infectious diseases -- Kawasaki disease -- Cardiovascular aspects of Kawasaki disease -- Aeromonas -- Actinomycosis -- Nocardiosis -- Anaerobic infections -- Bartonellosis -- Relapsing fever -- Lyme disease -- Campylobacter and helicobacter -- Cat-scratch disease -- Diphtheria -- Diarrheagenic Escherichia coli -- Haemophilas influenzae -- Legionella -- Leptospirosis -- Listeriosis -- Meningococcal infections -- Gonococcal infections -- Pasteurella multocida -- Pertussis -- Plague -- Pneumococcal infections -- Pseudomonas and related genera -- Rat-bite fever -- Salmonella infections -- Shigellosis -- Staphylococcal infections -- Group A streptococcal infections -- Tularemia -- Syphilis -- Tuberculosis -- Nontuberculous mycobacteria -- Yersinia enterocolitica -- Yersinia pseudotuberculosis -- Miscellaneous bacterial infections -- Arboviruses and related zoonotic viruses -- Coronaviruses -- Rhinoviruses -- Adenoviruses -- Influenza viruses -- Parainfluenza viruses -- Human metapneumovirus -- Respiratory syncytial virus.Parvoviruses -- Polioviruses -- Nonpolio enterovirsues and parechoviruses -- Epstein-Barr virus infection in children -- Postnatal herpes simplex virus -- Human herpesvirus type 6 -- Human herpesvirus types 7 and 8 -- Varicella-zoster virus infections -- Acquired cytomegaloviral infections -- Rubella (German measles) -- Measles (Rubeola) -- Mumps -- Polyomaviruses -- Retroviruses -- Smallpox -- Viral gastroenteritis -- Candidiasis -- The dermatophytoses -- Aspergillosis -- Coccidioidomycosis -- Cryptococcosis -- Histoplasmosis -- Sporotrichosis -- Miscellaneous fungal infections -- Entamoeba histolytica -- Babesiosis -- Cryptospordiiosis -- Giardia lamblia -- Leishmaniasis -- Malaria -- Toxoplasmosis -- The nematodes -- Toxocara infections -- The cestodes -- Schistosomiasis -- Arthropoda -- Chronic cough in children -- Bronchiolitis -- Viral and atypical pneumonia -- Hypersensitivity pneumonitis -- Pneumocystis Jiroveci pneumonia -- Bacterial pneumonia -- Laryngeal disorders -- Ciliary dyskinesia -- Cystic fibrosis -- Pulmonary hemosiderosis -- Obstructive sleep apnea syndrome -- Central hypoventilation syndromes -- Chronic diffuse interstitial lung disease in childhood.Pulmonary alveolar microlithiasis -- Emphysema -- Diseases of the pleura -- Recurrent or persistent lower respiratory tract symptoms -- The common cold -- Paranasal sinusitis -- Orofacial infections -- Pharyngitis -- Deep neck abscesses -- Otitis externa -- Otitis media -- Mastoiditis -- Uvulitis -- Life-threatening upper airway obstruction -- Croup -- Cervical lymphadenitis -- Herpangina -- Pharyngoconjunctival fever -- Parotitis -- Echocardiography and electrocardiography -- Hypertension -- Transposition of the great arteries -- Truncus arteriosus -- Tricuspid atresia -- Tetralogy of Fallot -- Double-outlet right ventricle -- Eisenmenger syndrome -- Single ventricle -- Hypoplastic left heart syndrome -- Cardiac malposition and heterotaxy -- Defects of the atrial septum, including the atrioventricular canal -- Ventricular septal defect -- Patent ductus arteriosus -- Pulmonary stenosis -- Pulmonary valve atresia with intact ventricular septum -- Coarctation of the aorta -- Anomalous pulmonary venous connections -- Congenital mitral valve disease -- Mitral valve prolapse -- Aortic arch and pulmonary artery abnormalities -- congenital coronary artery abnormalities -- Myocarditis -- Cardiomyopathy -- Infective endocarditis -- Rheumatic fever -- Rheumatic heart disease -- Abnormalities of rate and rhythm -- Therapeutic cardiac catheterization.Nutritional anemias -- Hemoglobinopathies and thalassemias -- Hemolytic anemias -- Hypoplastic and aplastic anemias -- Polycythemia -- Quantitative granulocyte disorders -- The spleen and lymph nodes -- General approaches to coagulopathies -- Disorders of platelets -- Disorders of coagulation factors -- General considerations of neoplastic diseases -- Acute lymphoblastic leukemia -- Acute myeloid leukemia -- Chronic myeloproliferative disorders -- Hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for childhood leukemias -- Hodgkin disease -- Non-Hodgkin lymphoma -- Malignant brain tumors -- Wilms tumor -- Neuroblastoma -- Soft-tissue sarcomas -- Retinoblastoma -- Malignant bone tumors -- Malignant tumors of the gastrointestinal tract, liver, and endocrine system -- Gonadal and germ cell neoplasms -- Histiocytic proliferative diseases -- Vascular malformations -- Hemangiomas and other vascular tumors of infancy -- Thymomas -- Splenic cysts -- Morphologic development of the kidney -- Disorders of renal development and anomalies of the collecting system, bladder, penis, and scrotum -- Urinary tract infection -- Chronic renal failure -- End-stage renal disease -- Renal malformations -- Glomerulonephritis and nephrotic syndrome -- Progressive hereditary nephritis.Benign familial hematuria -- Familial juvenile nephronophthisis -- Nephropathy of diabetes mellitus -- Sickle cell nephropathy -- Primary hyperoxaluria (oxalosis) -- Nail-patella syndrome (hereditary onychoosteodysplasia) -- Renal tubular acidosis -- Panproximal tubular dysfunction (Fanconi syndrome) -- Disorders of renal glucose transport -- Disorders of renal phosphate transport -- Nephrogenic diabetes insipidus -- Bartter syndrome -- Renal hypertension -- Renal vascular thrombosis -- Urolithiasis -- Normal gastrointestnal function -- Functional constipation and encopresis -- Chronic nonspecific diarrhea of childhood -- Inguinal hernia -- Gastrointestinal bleeding -- Peptic ulcer disease -- Intussusception -- Motility disorders -- Oral rehydration therapy -- Anorectal malformations -- Ulcerative colitis -- Crohn disease -- Antibiotic-associated diarrhea and colitis -- Chronic recurrent abdominal pain -- Protein-losing enteropathy -- Protein intolerance -- Eosinophilic gastrointestinal diseases -- Short bowel syndrome -- Small bowel bacterial overgrowth -- Celiac disease -- Immunodeficiency states -- Enzyme and transport defects -- Appendicitis -- Ascites -- Pancreatitis -- Disorders of the liver and biliary system -- Liver abscess -- Cholecystitis -- Cirrhosis -- Portal hypertension -- Hepatic steatosis -- Parathyroid glands.Puberty and gonadal disorders -- Growth, growth hormone, and pituitary disorders -- Childhood obesity -- Neuroendocrine disorders -- Type 1 (insulin-dependent) diabetes mellitus -- Type 2 diabetes mellitus -- Thyroid gland -- Adrenal cortex -- Adrenal medulla -- Introduction to inborn errors of metabolism -- Disorders of transport -- Disorders of amino acid and organic acid metabolism -- Disorders of mitochondrial fatty acid oxidation -- Disorders of carbohydrate metabolism -- Disorders of lipoproteins -- Lysosomal storage disorders -- Peroxisomal disorders -- Disorders of purine and pyrimidine metabolism -- Heritable disorders of connective tissue -- Inborn errors associated with faulty bone mineralization -- Evaluation of the child with neurologic disease -- Developmental defects -- Cerebral palsy -- Acute encephalopathies -- Static encephalopathy -- Idiopathic intracranial hypertension -- Cerebrovascular disease in childhood -- Epilepsy -- Status epilepticus -- Febrile seizures -- The comatose child -- Reye syndrome -- Disorders of the anterior horn cell -- Peripheral neuropathies -- Diseases of the neuromuscular junction.Hereditary and acquired types of myopathy -- Slow virus infections and transmissible spongiform encephalopathies of the central nervous system -- Leukodystrophies -- Metabolic encephalopathies -- Rett syndrome -- Basal ganglia and neurotransmitter disorders -- Diseases with astrocyte abnormalities -- Phakomatoses and other neurocutaneous syndromes -- Headache -- Unclassified nervous system disorders: Alpers disease -- General considerations of allergies in childhood -- Asthma -- Urticaria and angioedema -- Food allergies -- Atopic dermatitis -- Allergic rhinitis and associated disorders -- Insect sting allergy -- The immune system -- Clinical presentation of primary immunodeficiency diseases -- Disorders of humoral immunity -- Complement deficiencies -- Functional disorders of granulocytes -- Combined immunodeficiency diseases -- Bone, joint, and muscle problems -- Skeletal dysplasias.Rheumatic diseases of childhood -- Amyloidosis -- Henoch-Schönlein syndrome -- Intensive care: physical environment -- Electrocardiographic and respiratory monitors -- Infusion devices -- Temperature-controlling and temperature-sensing devices -- Vascular catheters -- Measurement of cardiac output -- Echocardiography -- Intracranial pressure measurements -- Intubation -- Extubation -- Tracheostomy -- Abdominal paracentesis -- Acute peritoneal dialysis -- Acute hemodialysis -- Continuous renal replacement therapy -- ontinuous drip feeding -- Shock -- Acute respiratory distress syndrome -- Acute hepatic failure -- Acute renal failure -- Hemolytic-uremic syndrome -- Syndrome of inappropriate secretion of antidiuretic hormone -- Care of children with solid-organ transplants -- Multiple trauma.
- Paediatric bronchoscopy 2010, KargerThis book provides an in-depth 'state-of-the-art' critical review of the technique and the applications of flexible and rigid bronchoscopy to infants and children. Written by an international panel of experts, it reviews the technical aspects of the procedure, its common and highly specialized applications as well as its potential alternatives. The chapters are enhanced by a wealth of original figures. A major innovation of the book is the inclusion of online videos from actual bronchoscopies that further illustrate and elaborate on the information provided in the text. The book is addressed to paediatric pulmonologists and otorhinolaryngologists, both experienced and in training, as well as to other personnel who are involved in the performance of the procedures. In addition, it is recommended to pulmonologists for adults and general paediatricians who need to be able to evaluate the usefulness of bronchoscopy for their patients and be aware of its limitations and potential contra-indications.
- Paediatric musculoskeletal disease 2005, Springer
- Paediatric pulmonary function testing 2005, kargerThe peculiarities of infant respiratory physiology / Hammer, J., Eber, E. -- Tidal breathing measurements / Lodrup Carlsen, K.C., Carlsen, K.-H. -- Respiratory mechanics / Davis, S.D., Gappa, M., Rosenfeld, M. -- Forced expiratory flow-volume measurements / Modl, M., Eber, E. -- Infant whole-body plethysmography / Gappa, M., Heulskamp, G. -- Measurement of functional residual capacity and ventilation inhomogeneity by gas dilution techniques / Gustafsson, P.M., Ljungberg, H. -- Techniques for the measurement of lung function in toddlers and preschool children / Hall, G.L., Brookes, I.M. -- Applications and future directions of infant pulmonary function testing / Stocks, J., Lum, S. -- Spirometry: volume-time and flow-volume curves / Eber, E., Zach, M.S. --Plethysmography and gas dilution techniques / Marchal, F., Schweitzer, C. -- Reference equations for ventilatory function measurements in children from 6 to 16 years / Merkus, P.J.F.M. -- Measurement of bronchial responsiveness in children / Barben, J., Riedler, J. -- Measurements of respiratory muscle function in children / Fauroux, B., Lofaso, F. -- Measurements of thoraco-abdominal asynchrony and work of breathing in children / Newth, C.J.L., Hammer, J. -- Lung diffusion capacity / de Jongste, J.C., Merkus, P.J.F.M., Stam, H. -- Measurement of exhaled nitric oxide / Kharitonov, S.A. -- Measurement of nasal nitric oxide / Corbelli, R., Hammer, J. -- Exhaled breath condensate and other markers in exhaled air / Moeller, A., Kielbasa, B. --Childhood asthma and wheezing disorders / Basek, P., Straub, D., Wildhaber, J.H. -- Cystic fibrosis / Ratjen, F. -- Lung transplantation in pediatric patients / Tablizo, M.A., Woo, M.S. -- Neuromuscular disorders / Mellies, U., Dohna-Schwake, C. -- Paediatric oncology and bone marrow transplantation / Cerveri, I. ... [et al.] -- Long-term sequelae of neonatal lung disease / Trachsel, D., Coates, A.L. -- Pulmonary function testing in the neonatal and paediatric intensive care unit / Hammer, J., Newth, C.J.L.
- Pediatric adrenal diseases 2011, KargerRole of mitochondria in steroidogenesis / Miller, W.L. -- The physiology and biochemistry of adrenarche / Auchus, R.J. -- Update on the corticomedullary interaction in the adrenal gland / Haase, M., Willenberg, H.S., Bornstein, S.R. -- Role of DAX-1 (NR0B1) and steroidogenic factor-1 (NR5A1) in human adrenal function / El-Khairi, R. ... [et al.] -- Functional and physiological consequences of STAR deficiency : role in lipoid congenital adrenal hyperplasia / King, S.R., Bhangoo, A., Stocco, D.M. -- P450 side-chain cleavage deficiency : a rare cause of congenital adrenal hyperplasia / Hauffa, B., Hiort, O. -- Clinical and biochemical consequences of P450 oxidoreductase deficiency / Flück, C.E., Pandey, A.V. -- Molecular genetics of 21-hydroxylase deficiency / Wedell, A -- Brain development and cognitive, psychosocial, and psychiatric functioning in classical 21-hydroxylase deficiency / Meyer-Bahlburg, H.F.L. -- Long-term outcome of prenatal dexamethasone treatment of 21-hydroxylase deficiency / Lajic, S., Nordenstrom, A., Hirvikoski, T. -- Role of genetic variation in regulation of aldosterone biosynthesis / Alvarez-Madrazo, S., Connell, J.M., Freel, E.M. -- Circadian clock-mediated regulation of target-tissue sensitivity to glucocorticoids : implications for cardiometabolic diseases / Kino, T., Chrousos, G.P. -- Glucocorticoid resistance / van Rossum, E.F.C., van den Akker, E.L.T. -- Mineralocorticoid receptor gene variants as determinants of HPA axis regulation and behavior / DeRijk, R.H. ... [et al.] -- Adrenoleukodystrophy / Cappa, M. ... [et al.] -- Autoimmune addison's disease / Betterle, C., Morlin, L. -- Optimal glucocorticoid therapy / Debono, M., Ross, R.J. -- Modulation of glucocorticoid metabolism by the GH-IGF-I axis / Neggers, S.J.C.M.M., van der Lely, A.J. -- Effects of glucocorticoids on the growth plate / Lui, J.C., Baron, J. -- Growth hormone treatment in children on chronic glucorticoid therapy / Savage, M.O., Simon, D., Czernichow, P.C. -- Ancient history of congenital adrenal hyperplasia / New, M.I.
- Pediatric allergy, asthma and immunology 2008, Springer
- Pediatric and adolescent concussion 2012, Springer
- Pediatric and adolescent musculoskeletal MRI 2007, Springer
- Pediatric and adolescent osteosarcoma 2009, Springer
- Pediatric anesthesiology review 2010, SpringerNewborn medicine -- Respiratory system -- Surgery -- Hematology/oncology -- Cardiology -- The musculoskeletal system -- General pediatrics -- Prematurity/extreme prematurity -- Newborn emergencies -- Neuroanesthesia -- Central nervous system/orthopedics -- Otolaryngology -- Head and neck -- Ophthalmology -- Respiratory system -- Cardiac I -- Cardiac II -- Gastrointestinal disease -- Renal -- Genitourinary system -- Bone and connective tissue -- Orthopedics: scoliosis -- Skin/connective tissue/metabolic disease -- Inborn errors of metabolism -- Allergy/immunology -- Infectious diseases -- Neuromuscular disease -- Endocrinopathies -- Transplantation -- Minimally invasive surgery -- Trauma I -- Trauma II -- Regional anesthesia -- Pain management -- Burns -- Anesthesia outside the operating room -- Equipment and monitoring -- Post anesthesia care unit (PACU) -- Critical care.
- Pediatric bone 2003, ScienceDirect
- Pediatric bone and soft tissue sarcomas 2006, Springer
- Pediatric bone. 2nd ed. 2012, ScienceDirect1. Bone cell biology: osteoclasts, osteoblasts, osteocytes / Katharine Jähn and Lynda F. Bonewald -- 2. Bone matrix and mineralization / Marc D. McKee and William G. Cole -- 3. Prenatal bone development / Fanxin Long -- 4. Postnatal bone growth: growth plate biology, bone formation, and remodeling / Christa Maes and Henry M. Kronenberg -- 5. Dental development and maturation, from the dental crypt to the final occlusion / Jean-Marc Retrouvey, Michel Goldberg and Stéphane Schwartz -- 6. Parathyroid hormone and calcium homeostasis / John T. Potts and Thomas J. gardella -- 7. Phosphate homeostasis regulatory mechanisms / Clemens Bergwitz and Harald Jüppner -- 8. Vitamin D biology / René St-Arnaud and Marie B. Demay -- 9. Peak bone mass and its regulation / Jean-Philippe Bonjour ... [et al.] -- 10. Pregnancy and lactation / Ann Prentice -- 11. Fetal mineral homeostasis / Christopher S. Kovacs -- 12. Radiology / Judith E. Adams ... [et al.] -- 13. Non-invasive techniques for bone mass measurement / Mary B. Leonard and Laura K. Bachrach -- 14. Assessment of maturation: bone age and pubertal assessment / Noël Cameron and David D. Martin --15. Biochemical markers of bone metabolism / Nick Shaw and Wolfgang Högler -- 16. Pediatric bone histomorphometry / frank Rauch -- 17. A diagnostic approach to skeletal dysplasias / Sheila Unger, Andrea Superti-Furga and David L. Rimoin -- 18. The spectrum of pediatric osteoporosis / Maria Luisa Bianchi and Francis H. Glorieux -- 19. Osteogenesis imperfecta / Francis H. Glorieux and David Rowe -- 20. Sclerosing bone dysplasias / Bram Perdu ... [et al.] -- 21. Parathyroid disorders / Murat Bastepe, Harald Jüppner and Rajesh V. Thakker -- 22. Fibrous dysplasia / Paolo Bianco and Shlomo Wientroub -- 23. Nutritional rickets / John M. Pettifor -- 24. Metabolic bone disease in the neonatal period and its later sequelae / Nick Bishop, Mary Pewtrell and Nick Harvey -- 25. Rickets due to hereditary abnormalities of vitamin D synthesis or action / Anthony A. Portale, Farzana Perwad and Walter L. Miller -- 26. Familial hypophosphatemia and related disorders / Ingrid A. Holm, Michael J. Econs and Thomas O. Carpenter --27. Hereditary tubular disorders of mineral handling / Daniella Magen and Israel Zelikovic -- 28. Hypophosphatasia / michael P. Whyte -- 29. Chronic kidney disease mineral and bone disorder / Katherine Wesseling Perry and Isidro B. Salusky -- 30. Extraskeletal bone formation / Eileen M. Shore and Frederick S. Kaplan.
- Pediatric brain and spine 2005, Springer
- Pediatric chest imaging. 2nd rev. ed. 2008, SpringerChest Ultrasound (US) / Goya Enriquez, Celestino Aso and Xavier Serres -- The Contribution of Nuclear Medicine to Pulmonary Imaging / Michael J. Gelfand and David L. Gilday -- Helical Multidetector Chest CT / Pilar García-Peña and Catherine M. Owens -- High-Resolution CT of the Lung in Children / Javier Lucaya and Hubert Ducou Le Pointe -- Pulmonary Malformations Beyond the Neonatal Period / Josep M. Mata and Amparo Castellote -- CT of Acute Pulmonary Disease: Infection, Infarction, and Trauma / Lane F. Donnelly -- Pediatric Tuberculosis / Pedro A. Daltro and Eloá Nunez-Santos -- How to Perform and Interpret MR Sleep Studies for Obstructive Sleep Apnea in Children / Lane F. Donnelly -- Foreign Body Aspiration: Imaging Aspects / Benjamin Z. Koplewitz and Jacob Bar-Ziv -- Imaging Evaluation of the Thymus and Thymic Disorders in Children / Donald P. Frush -- Lymphoma - Controversies in Imaging the Chest / Sue C. Kaste -- Chest Tumours Other than Lymphoma / Kieran McHugh -- Thoracic Manifestations of Systemic Diseases / Alan S. Brody -- Radiology of the Chest Wall / Georg F. Eich, Christian J. Kellenberger and Ulrich V. Willi -- Pediatric Cardiac MRI / Rajesh Krishnamurthy and Taylor Chung -- Pediatric Cardiac CT / Laureen Sena, Rajesh Krishnamurthy and Taylor Chung -- Fetal MRI of the Chest / Pedro A. Daltro and Heron Werner -- Neonatal Chest Imaging / Janet L. Strife and Eric J. Crotty.
- Pediatric critical care medicine 2006, Ovid
- Pediatric critical care review 2006, SpringerRespiratory system -- Cardiovascular system -- Central nervous system -- Infectious diseases -- Hematology and oncology -- Renal system -- Endocrine system -- Nutrition and the gastrointestinal system -- Immunology -- Metabolic disorders -- Pain management -- Pharmacology and toxicology -- Traumatology -- Statistics -- Ethics.
- Pediatric critical care study guide 2012, SpringerFundamentals of Gas Exchange and the Assessment of Oxygenation and Ventilation /John S. Sullivan and Toah A. Nkromah --Oxygen Delivery and Oxygen Consumption in Pediatric Critical Care /Juan A. Gutierrez and Andreas A. Theodorou --Hemodynamics /Scott A. Hagen and Timothy E. Corden --Regional Circulations /Demetris Yannopoulos and Vinay M. Nadkarni --Assessment of Cardiovascular Function /Frank A. Maffei --Overview, Structure and Function of the Nephron /Megan Rashid and George J. Schwartz --Physiology of Skeletal Muscle and the Neuromuscular Junction /Ellen D. Iannoli and Michael P. Eaton --Assessment of Neurologic Function /Elizabeth E. Scarlett, Brandi N. Peachey and Jill M. Gotoff --Endothelial Interactions and Coagulation /Trung C. Nguyen and Joseph A. Carcillo --The Inflammatory Response /Mark W. Hall --Genetic Predisposition to Critical Illness in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit /Neal J. Thomas, Mary K. Dahmer and Michael W. Quasney --Conventional Mechanical Ventilation /Joseph D. Tobias --Non-conventional Mechanical Ventilation /Michael D. Dettorre --Mechanical and Electrical Myocardial Support /Sabrina S. L. Tsao, Kendra M. Ward and Denise M. Goodman --Renal Replacement Therapies and Other Extracorporeal Therapies /Andrew L. Schwaderer and Marc B. Lande --Pharmacology /Gretchen L. Brummel and Steven E. Lucking --Cardiovascular Drug Therapy /Frank A. Maffei --Sedation and Analgesia /Richard L. Lambert, Lela W. Brink and Frank A. Maffei.Neuromuscular Blockade /Michael P. Eaton and A. Marika Stone --Use of Blood Products /Jill M. Cholette and Norma B. Lerner --Nutrition in Critical Illness /Margaret A. Satchell --Upper Airway Obstruction /Steven E. Lucking --Severe Asthma /Neal J. Thomas and Frank A. Maffei --Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome /Frank A. Maffei and Neal J. Thomas --Acute Pulmonary Infections /Karen S. Powers --Circulatory Failure/Shock /Hector R. Wong --Sepsis /Angela Lorts, Timothy T. Cornell and Thomas P. Shanley --Multiple Organ Dysfunction Syndrome /Nikoleta S. Kolovos and Barry P. Markovitz --Disorders of Cardiac Rhythm /William G. Harmon --Post-operative Cardiac Care /Surender Rajasekaran and John C. Ring --Cerebral Resuscitation and Traumatic Brain Injury /Ericka L. Fink, Patrick M. Kochanek and Robert S. B. Clark --Neurological Diseases in Pediatric Critical Care Medicine /Michael J. Bell and Aditi Sharangpani --The Approach to the Critically Ill Infant /Frank A. Maffei --Nosocomial Infections /Elise W. van der Jagt --Fluid/Electrolyte/Acid-Base Abnormalities /Michael L. Moritz --Acute Kidney Injury /William S. Varade and Elif Erkan --Acute Liver Injury and Failure in Children /Richard L. Lambert --Hematology and Oncology in Critical Illness /Leonardo R. Brandão, Scott C. Howard, Kenneth W. Gow, Surender Rajasekaran and Robert F. Tamburro --Critical Care Endocrinology /Kecha A. LynShue and Mark A. Sperling --Metabolic Crises /Paul J. Bellino --Trauma/Burn /Robert E. Cilley and Eric H. Bradburn --Toxicology for the Pediatric Intensivist /L. Eugene Daugherty and Frank A. Maffei.
- Pediatric ENT 2007, Springer
- Pediatric fitness 2007, KargerAerobic fitness: what are we measuring? / N. Armstrong, J.R. Welsman -- Anaerobic fitness tests: what are we measuring? / E. Van Praagh -- Secular changes in pediatric aerobic fitness test performance: the global picture / G.R. Tomkinson, T.S. Olds -- Physical fitness of children and adolescents in the United States: status and secular change / R.M. Malina -- Fitness of Canadian children: range from traditional Inuit to sedentary city dwellers, and assessment of secular changes / R.J. Shephard -- Who are the Eurofittest? / G.R.Tomkinson, T.S. Olds, J. Borms -- Changes in Eurofit test performance of Estonian and Lithuanian children and adolescents (1992-2002) / T. Jürimäe ... [et al.] -- Evolution and variability in fitness test performance of Asian children and adolescents / D.J. Macfarlane, G.R.Tomkinson --Secular changes in aerobic fitness test performance of Australasian children and adolescents / G.R.Tomkinson, T.S. Olds -- Prevalence, trends, and environmental influences on child and youth physical activity -- J. Salmon, A. Timperio -- Evolution of maximal oxygen uptake in children / T.W. Rowland -- Distributional changes in the performance of Australian children on tests of cardiorespiratory endurance / J. Dollman, T.S. Olds -- Declines in aerobic fitness: are they only due to increasing fatness? / T.S. Olds, K. Ridley, G.R. Tomkinson.
- Pediatric gastrointestinal disorders 2006, Springer
- Pediatric hematology 2004, Springer Protocols
- Pediatric infectious diseases revisited 2007, Springer
- Pediatric inflammatory bowel disease 2008, Springer
- Pediatric inflammatory bowel disease 2009, KargerPathogenesis of inflammatory bowel disease / di Nardo, G., Cucchiara, S. -- Epidemiology in pediatric inflammatory bowel disease / Koletzko, S. -- Genetics of inflammatory bowel disease / Cooney, R., Jewell, D. -- Pathology of inflammatory bowel disease in children / Harpaz, N. -- Early-onset inflammatory bowel disease : infant, toddler, and pre-school / Lebenthal, E., Branski, D., Walker-Smith, J.A. -- Radiological and imaging features / Laghi, A. ... [et al.] -- Endoscopic modalities in pediatric inflammatory bowel disease / Venkatesh, K., Thomson, M. -- Approach to clinical diagnosis of inflammatory bowel disease / Bousvaros, A. -- Growth and puberty in inflammatory bowel disease / Savage, M.O., Mark Beattie, R., Sanderson, I.R.S. -- Treatment by enteral nutrition in inflammatory bowel disease / Köglmeier, J., Heuschkel, R. -- Medical therapy for inflammatory bowel disease in children and adolescents / Kappelman, M.D., Rufo, P.A. -- Surgical therapy / McCrudden Erickson, K., Teitelbaum, D.H., Coran, A.G. -- Transition to adult care / Hait, E.J. ... [et al.].
- Pediatric informatics 2009, Springer
- Pediatric interviewing 2010, SpringerShut-down interview and relationships -- Medical interview: the opening phase -- History of present illness -- Concluding phase -- Family -- Well-child visit -- Primary care and child mental health -- Sensitive topics: suicidality, child abuse -- Supporting families expressing grief while giving bad news -- Challenging patients -- Wandering interviews -- Using experiential techniques to teach interviewing skills -- Glossary of interviewing terms.
- Pediatric life care planning and case management. 2nd ed. 2011, CRCnetBASE
- Pediatric lymphomas 2007, SpringerIntroduction and historical background: pediatric Hodgkin lymphoma -- Biology and pathology of Hodgkin's disease -- Treatment of pediatric Hodgkin lymphoma -- Treatment of relapsed/refractory Hodgkin lymphoma -- Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma: introduction and historical background -- Biology and pathology of pediatric non-Hodgkin lymphoma -- B-cell lymphoma/ Burkitt lymphoma -- Anaplastic large-cell lymphoma -- Precursor B and precursor T-cell lymphoblastic lymphoma -- Cutaneous T-cell lymphomas and rare T-cell non-Hodgkin lymphomas -- Lymphoproliferative disorders related to immunodeficiencies -- Late effects following lymphoma treatment.
- Pediatric metabolic syndrome 2012, SpringerWhy Should We Write a Book on Pediatric Metabolic Syndrome? Commentaries from Worldwide Experts /Arthur S. Agatston, Arthur S. Agatston, Arthur S. Agatston, Shari Barkin and Gerald S. Berenson, et al. --Epidemiology of the Metabolic Syndrome in Youth: A Population-to-Clinical-Based Perspective /Sarah E. Messiah, Kristopher L. Arheart and James D. Wilkinson --Perinatal Epidemiology of Metabolic Syndrome Risk Factors /Barbara Luke and Mary L. Hediger --Metabolic Syndrome in Childhood as a Risk Factor for Type 2 Diabetes /Nicola Santoro, Cosimo Giannini and Sonia Caprio --Effects of Metabolic Syndrome on Atherosclerosis in Childhood /Muhammad Yasir Qureshi, Sarah E. Messiah, Tracie L. Miller and Steven E. Lipshultz --Metabolic Syndrome and Associated Kidney Disease /Carolyn L. Abitbol and Wacharee Seeherunvong --Metabolic Syndrome and Related Liver Diseases /Aymin Delgado-Borrego.The Relationship Between Asthma, Sleep Apnea, and Other Respiratory Disorders and Childhood Metabolic Syndrome /Erick Forno and Annabelle Quizon --The Relationship Between Components of the Metabolic Syndrome and Bone Health /Zeina M. Nabhan and Linda A. DiMeglio --The Relationship of Childhood Obesity with Cardiomyopathy and Heart Failure /Muhammad Yasir Qureshi, James D. Wilkinson and Steven E. Lipshultz --Childhood Metabolic Syndrome and Cancer Risk /Stefanie R. Brown and Steven E. Lipshultz --Neurocognitive and Psychological Correlates of Metabolic Syndrome in Childhood /Anna Maria Patino-Fernandez, Amber Daigre and Alan M. Delamater --Genomics of Pediatric Metabolic Syndrome /Evadnie Rampersaud and Maria A. Ciliberti --Physical Activity Assessment and Intervention /Gabriel Somarriba --Nutritional Evaluation and Intervention /Runa Diwadkar Watkins, Daniela Neri and Tracie L. Miller --Pharmacological Therapies of Metabolic Syndrome /Adriana Carrillo-Iregui and Carley Gomez-Meade --Bariatric Surgery to Reverse Metabolic Syndrome in Adolescents /Noor Kassira, Valerie Ann Marks and Nestor de la Cruz-Muñoz --Moving Clinic- and Community-Based Practice into Policy to Address Child Healthy Weight (and Vice Versa) /Danielle Hollar, T. Lucas Hollar and Michelle A. Lombardo.
- Pediatric nephrology in the ICU 2009, Springer
- Pediatric nephrology. 5th ed. 2004, Ovid
- Pediatric nephrology. 6th ed. 2009, Springerv. 1. Sections 1-6 -- v. 2. Sections 7-12.
- Pediatric neuroendocrinology 2010, KargerThe transcriptome and the hypothalamo-neurohypophyseal system / C. Colin, T. Hindmarch, D. Murphy -- Role of sleep and sleep loss in hormonal release and metabolism / R. Leproult, E. Van Cauter -- Sexual hormones and the brain : an essential alliance for sexual identity and sexual orientation / A. Garcia-Falgueras, D.F. Swaab -- Corticotropin-releasing hormone receptor antagonists : an update / E. Zoumakis, G.P. Chrousos -- New concepts on the control of the onset of puberty / S.R. Ojeda ... [et al.] -- Roles of kisspeptins in the control of hypothalamic-gonadotropic function : focus on sexual differentiation and puberty onset / M. Tena-Sempere -- Role of the growth hormone/insulin-like growth factor 1 axis in neurogenesis / N.D. Åberg -- Sex steroids, growth hormone, leptin, and the pubertal growth spurt / A.D. Rogol -- Endocrine and metabolic actions of ghrelin / V. Gasco ... [et al.] -- Pitfalls in the diagnosis of central adrenal insufficiency in children / R. Kazlauskaite, M. Maghnie -- Central nervous system-acting drugs influencing hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis function / V. Locatelli ... [et al.] -- Genetic factors in the development of pituitary adenomas / S. Vandeva ... [et al.] -- Diagnosis and treatment of Cushing's disease in children / M.O. Savage ... [et al.] -- Prolactinomas in children and adolescents / A. Colao, S. Loche --Pituitary tumors : advances in neuroimaging / G. Morana, M. Maghnie, A. Rossi --Resistin : regulation of food intake, glucose homeostasis, and lipid metabolism / R. Nogueiras ... [et al.] -- Hypothalamic obesity / I. Hochberg, Z. Hochberg --Neuroendocrine consequences of anorexia nervosa in adolescents / M. Misra, A. Klibanski.
- Pediatric neurogenic bladder dysfunctions 2006, Springer
- Pediatric neuroimaging. Fifth Edition. 2012, OvidTechniques and methods in pediatric neuroimaging / Christopher P. Hess and A. James Barkovich -- Normal development of the neonatal and infant brain, skull and, spine / A. James Barkovich and Pratik Mukherjee -- Metabolic, toxic, and inflammatory brain disorders / A. James Barkovich and Zoltan Patay -- Brain and spine injuries in infancy and childhood / Erin Simon Schwartz and Jim Barkovich -- Congenital malformations of the brain and skull / A. James Barkovich and Charles A. Raybaud -- The phakomatoses / Gilbert Vezina and A. James Barkovich -- Intracranial, orbital, and neck masses of childhood / Charles Raybaud and A. James Barkovich -- Hydrocephalus / A. Raybaud and A. James Barkovich -- Congenital anomalies of the spine / Erin Simon Schwartz and A. James Barkovich -- Neoplasms of the spine / A. James Barkovich -- Infections of the developing and mature nervous system / Gary Hedlund and A. James Barkovich -- Anomalies of cerebral vasculature: diagnostic and endovascular considerations / Philip M. Meyers, Van V. Halbach, and A. James Barkovich.
- Pediatric neurology 2007, OvidSuggestions for history and physical examination -- Headache -- School problems and attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder -- Abnormal movements -- Behavioral and sleep problems -- Seizures, epilepsy, and related disorders -- Dizziness, fainting, and loss of balance -- Delay or regression of motor development associated with low muscle tone -- Autism and language disorders -- Cerebral palsy (static encephalopathy) and related problems -- Abnormalities of cranial size and shape, hydrocephalus, and spinal dysraphism -- Common neurological complications of trauma -- Stroke, acute paraparesis, and other serious disorders of acute and subacute onset -- Other important neurological syndromes.
- Pediatric neurology 2007, Ovid
- Pediatric neurology. Part I-III 2013, ScienceDirectpt. II ScienceDirectPt. III ScienceDirectThe child is neither an adult miniature nor an immature human being: at each age, it expresses specific abilities that optimize adaptation to its environment and development of new acquisitions. Diseases in children cover all specialties encountered in adulthood, and neurology involves a particularly large area, ranging from the brain to the striated muscle, the generation and functioning of which require half the genes of the whole genome and a majority of mitochondrial ones. Human being nervous system is sensitive to prenatal aggression, is particularly immature at birth and development may be affected by a whole range of age-dependent disorders distinct from those that occur in adults. Even diseases more often encountered in adulthood than childhood may have specific expression in the developing nervous system. The course of chronic neurological diseases beginning before adolescence remains distinct from that of adult pathology - not only from the cognitive but also motor perspective, right into adulthood, and a whole area is developing for adult neurologists to care for these children with persisting neurological diseases when they become adults. Just as pediatric neurology evolved as an identified specialty as the volume and complexity of data became too much for the general pediatician or the adult neurologist to master, the discipline has now continued to evolve into so many subspecialties, such as epilepsy, neuromuscular disease, stroke, malformations, neonatal neurology, metabolic diseases, etc., that the general pediatric neurologist no longer can reasonably possess in-depth expertise in all areas, particularly in dealing with complex cases. Subspecialty expertise thus is provided to some trainees through fellowship programmes following a general pediatric neurology residency and many of these fellowships include training in research. Since the infectious context, the genetic background and medical practice vary throughout the world, this diversity needs to be represented in a pediatric neurology textbook. Taken together, and although brain malformations (H. Sarnat & P. Curatolo, 2007) and oncology (W. Grisold & R. Soffietti) are covered in detail in other volumes of the same series and therefore only briefly addressed here, these considerations justify the number of volumes, and the number of authors who contributed from all over the world. Experts in the different subspecialties also contributed to design the general framework and contents of the book. Special emphasis is given to the developmental aspect, and normal development is reminded whenever needed - brain, muscle and the immune system. The course of chronic diseases into adulthood and ethical issues specific to the developing nervous system are also addressed. *A volume in the Handbook of Clinical Neurology series, which has an unparalleled reputation as the world's most comprehensive source of information in neurology. *International list of contributors including the leading workers in the field. *Describes the advances which have occurred in clinical neurology and the neurosciences, their impact on the understanding of neurological disorders and on patient care.
- Pediatric neuropathology 2007, Springer
- Pediatric neuropsychology case studies 2008, Springer
- Pediatric neuroradiology 2005, Springerv. 1. Brain -- v. 2. Head and neck, spine.
- Pediatric nuclear medicine/PET. 3rd ed. 2007, SpringerIntroduction / S.T. Treves -- Central nervous system: pt. 1, Brain / S.T. Treves, Harry T. Chugani, Blaise F.D. Bourgeois ; pt. 2, Cerebrospinal fluid / S.T. Treves, Alvin Kuruc -- Thyroid / Stephen A. Huang -- Calculation of administered doses of iodine 131 in the treatment of thyroid disease / Robert E. Zimmerman -- Lungs / S.T. Treves, Alan B. Packard -- Cardiovascular system / S.T. Treves, Elizabeth D. Blume, Laurie Armsby, Jane W. Newburger, Alvin Kuruc -- Gastroesophageal reflux, gastric emptying, esophageal transit, and pulmonary aspiration / Zvi Bar-Sever -- Gastrointestinal bleeding / S.T. Treves, Richard J. Grand -- Liver and spleen / S.T. Treves, A.G. Jones -- Kidneys / S.T. Treves, William E. Harmon, Alan B. Packard, Alvin Kuruc -- Vesicoureteral reflux / S.T. Treves, Ulrich V. Willi -- Calculation of glomerular filtration rate / Robert E. Zimmerman, Karl Mitchell, Royal T. Davis -- Bone / Leonard P. Connolly, Laura A. Drubach, Susan A. Connolly, S.T. Treves -- Pediatric oncology / Hossein Jadvar, Barry L. Shulkin -- Infection and inflammation / Christopher J. Palestro, Charito Love, Maria B. Tomas -- Magnification / Royal T. Davis, Robert E. Zimmerman, S.T. Treves -- Single positron emission computed tomography / Frederic H. Fahey, Beth A. Harkness -- Positron emission tomography / Frederic H. Fahey, Ramsey D. Badawi -- Radiation risk / S. James Adelstein -- Internal dosimetry / Michael G. Stabin.
- Pediatric oncology 2005, SpringerAcute Leukemia / Michael E. Rytting, Mary S. Choroszy, Demetrios Petropoulos and Ka Wah Chan -- Hodgkin Lymphoma and Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma / Ka Wah Chan, Demetrios Petropoulos, Eric L. Chang and Michael E. Rytting -- Brain Tumors: Diagnosis, Surgery and Radiotherapy, and Supportive Care / Joann L. Ater, Jeffrey S. Weinberg, Moshe H. Maor, Bartlett D. Moore and Donna R. Copeland -- Brain Tumors: Chemotherapy and Investigational Therapy / Joann L. Ater, Jeffrey S. Weinberg, Moshe H. Maor and Demetrios Petropoulos -- Wilms' Tumor / Norman Jaffe and Margaret G. Pearson -- Neuroblastoma / Joann L. Ater and Laura L. Worth -- Soft-Tissue Tumors / R. Beverly Raney, Richard J. Andrassy, Martin Blakely, Tina V. Fanning and Moshe H. Maor, et al. -- Osteosarcoma / Norman Jaffe and Margaret G. Pearson -- Ewing's Sarcoma / Cynthia E. Herzog, Anita Mahajan and Valerae O. Lewis -- Retinoblastoma / Misha Faustina, Cynthia E. Herzog and Dan S. Gombos -- Differentiated Thyroid Cancer / Rena Vassilopoulou-Sellin -- Medullary Thyroid Carcinoma / Robert F. Gagel -- Melanoma / Cynthia E. Herzog, Hafeez Diwan, Merrick I. Ross and Victor G. Prieto -- Novel Therapeutic Approaches / Sima S. Jeha and Laura L. Worth -- Supportive Care: Myelosuppression / Nidra I. Rodriguez Cruz, Renee M. Madden and Craig A. Mullen -- Supportive Care: Symptom Control / Renee M. Madden, Susannah E. Koontz-Webb, Donna S. Zhukovsky and Craig A. Mullen -- Behavioral Medicine in Cancer Care / Donna R. Copeland and Martha A. Askins -- The Adolescent and Young Adult Program / Sima S. Jeha and Martha A. Askins.
- Pediatric oncology 2006, SpringerGeneral aspects of childhood leukemia -- Acute lymphoblastic leukemia -- Acute myelogenous leukemia -- Myelodysplastic syndrome -- Myeloproliferative syndromes (chronic myeloproliferative disorders) -- Non-Hodgkin lymphoma -- Hodgkin disease -- Histiocytoses -- Brain tumors -- Neuroblastoma -- Nephroblastoma (Wilms tumor) -- Soft tissue sarcoma -- Osteosarcoma -- Ewing sarcoma family of tumors -- Retinoblastoma -- Germ cell tumors -- Hepatic tumors -- Emergencies in pediatric oncology -- Oncological nursing care -- Psychology and psychosocial issues in children with cancer.
- Pediatric oncology nursing 2004, Springer
- Pediatric oncology nursing. 2nd ed. 2010, Springer
- Pediatric ophthalmology 2009, Springer
- Pediatric ophthalmology, neuro-ophthalmology, genetics 2006-10, Springer2008 Springer2010 Springer[Volume one contents]: -- 1. Development of ocular refraction: lessons from animal experiments -- 2. Preschool vision screening: is it worthwhile? -- 3. Modern treatment of amblyopia -- 4. Retinopathy of prematurity: molecular mechanism of disease -- 5. Screening for retinopathy of prematurity -- 6. Controversies in the management of infantile cataract -- 7. Management of infantile glaucoma -- 8. Pediatric ocular oncology -- 9. Paediatric electrophysiology: a practical approach -- 10. Clinical and molecular genetic aspects of Leber's congenital amaurosis -- 11. Childhood stationary retinal dysfunction syndromes -- 12. Childhood retinal detachment --13. Eye manifestations of intrauterine infections -- 14. Nonaccidental injury. The pediatric ophthalmologist's role.[Volume two contents]: -- pt. 1. Optic nerve -- 1. Optic neuritis and multiple sclerosis -- 2. Ischemic optic neuropathies -- 3. Optic disc drusen -- 4. Inherited optic neuropathies -- ch. 5. Optic nerve tumours -- 6. Traumatic optic neuropathy ... -- pt. 2. Investigations -- 7. Imaging the nerve fiber layer and optic disc -- 8. Functional neuroanatomy of the human visual system ... -- 9. Investigating visual function with multifocal visual evoked potentials -- pt. 3. Retinal disorders -- 10. Autoimmune retinopathies -- 11. Retinal research : application to clinical practice -- pt. 4. Systemic disease -- 12. Chorioretinal lesions in infectious diseases of neuroophthalmic interest -- 13. Giant cell arteritis -- pt. 5. Oculomotility -- 14. Cerebral control of eye movements -- 15. Chronic progressive external ophthalmoplegia ... -- 16. Treatment of specific types of nystagmus -- pt. 6. Rehabilitation -- 17. Rehabilitation in neuroophthamology.[Volume three contents]: -- Epidemiology of Pediatric Strabismus / Amy E. Green-Simms and Brian G. Mohney -- Changes in Strabismus Over Time: The Roles of Vergence Tonus and Muscle Length Adaptation / David L. Guyton -- A Dissociated Pathogenesis for Infantile Esotropia / Michael C. Brodsky -- The Monofixation Syndrome: New Considerations on Pathophysiology / Kyle Arnoldi -- Visual Cortex Mechanisms of Strabismus: Development and Maldevelopment / Lawrence Tychsen -- Neuroanatomical Strabismus / Joseph L. Demer -- Congenital Cranial Dysinnervation Disorders: Facts and Perspectives to Understand Ocular Motility Disorders / Antje Neugebauer and Julia Fricke -- The Value of Screening for Amblyopia Revisited / Jill Carlton and Carolyn Czoski-Murray -- The Brückner Test Revisited / Michael Gräf -- Amblyopia Treatment 2009 / Michael X. Repka -- Best Age for Surgery for Infantile Esotropia: Lessons from the Early vs. Late Infantile Strabismus Surgery Study / H. J. Simonsz, G. H. Kolling and Early vs. Late Infantile Strabismus Surgery Study Group -- Management of Congenital Nystagmus with and without Strabismus / Anil Kumar, Frank A. Proudlock and Irene Gottlob -- Surgical Management of Dissociated Deviations / Susana Gamio -- Surgical Implications of the Superior Oblique Frenulum / Burton J. Kushner and Megumi Iizuka -- Pearls and Pitfalls in Surgical Management of Paralytic Strabismus / Seyhan B. Özkan -- Modern Treatment Concepts in Graves Disease / Anja Eckstein and Joachim Esser.
- Pediatric orthopedic deformities 2001, ScienceDirectDevelopmental bone biology -- Imaging approaches for epiphyseal assessment -- Developmental dysplasia of the hip -- Legg-Calve-Perthes Disease -- Coxa Vara in developmental and acquired abnormalities of the femur -- Developmental disorders of the knee -- Deformities due to disorders primarily affecting the epiphyses and metaphyses -- Lower extremity length discrepancies -- Skeletal dysplasias -- Epiphyseal and metaphyseal involvement with metabolic, inflammatory, neoplastic, infectious, and hematologic disorders.
- Pediatric orthopedic surgical emergencies 2012, SpringerPart 1.Trauma Overview --Polytrauma in the Pediatric Patient /Joshua M. Abzug and Martin J. Herman --The Mangled Extremity in Children /Sapan D. Gandhi, Joshua M. Abzug and Martin J. Herman --Compartment Syndrome /Baxter Willis --Part 2.Spine --Cervical Spine Injuries in Children /Steven W. Hwang, Per D. Trobisch, Andrew Jea and Amer F. Samdani --Thoracic and Lumbar Spine Injuries /Hitesh Garg, Joshua Pahys and Patrick J. Cahill --Part 3.Upper Extremity --Supracondylar Humerus Fractures /Joshua M. Abzug, Dan A. Zlotolow and Scott H. Kozin --Upper Extremity Replantation in Children /Joshua M. Abzug, Dan A. Zlotolow and Scott H. Kozin --Part 4.Lower Extremity --Pediatric Hip Fractures and Dislocations /James J. McCarthy, Kenneth J. Noonan and Sapan D. Gandhi --Pediatric Proximal Tibial Fractures with Vascular Compromise /William Hennrikus and Tamara Pylawka --Open Tibia Fractures in Children and Adolescents /Joseph Rosenblatt and Shannon D. Safier --Part 5.Infection --Septic Hip /Peter D. Pizzutillo and Megan Gresh --Necrotizing Fasciitis /Kevin J. Little and Joshua M. Abzug --Part 6.Other --Slipped Capital Femoral Epiphysis /Panagiotis Peter Glavas and B. David Horn.
- Pediatric orthopedics in practice 2007, Springer
- Pediatric otolaryngology for the clinician 2009, SpringerAntibiotic therapy for acute otitis, rhinosinusitis, and pharyngotonsillitis -- Pediatric hearing assessment -- Speech, voice and, swallowing assessment -- Methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) infections of the head and neck in children -- Polysomnography in children -- Otology -- External otitis -- Diagnosis and management of otitis media -- Tympanostomy tubes and otorrhea -- Chronic disorders of the middle ear and mastoid (tympanic membrane perforations and cholesteatoma) -- Congenital hearing loss (sensorineural and conductive) -- Implantable hearing devices -- Rhinology -- Pediatric facial fractures -- Pediatric epistaxis -- Nasal obstruction in the neonate -- Pediatric allergic nose -- Acute and chronic rhinosinusitis -- Head and neck -- Congenital head and neck masses -- Pediatric stridor -- Inflammatory disorders of the pediatric airway -- Tracheostomy in children -- Cleft lip and palate -- Cough -- Hoarseness in children -- Adenotonsillar disease -- Sleep-disordered breathing (SDB) in children -- Pediatric vascular tumors -- Emergencies in pediatric otolaryngology -- Foreign body management -- Deep space neck infections in the pediatric population -- Complications of acute otitis media -- Complications of sinusitis.
- Pediatric palliative care 2012, Springer
- Pediatric pathology. 2nd ed. 2001, Ovid
- Pediatric PET imaging 2006, Springer
- Pediatric primary care. Ill-child care 2001, Ovid
- Pediatric primary care. Well-child care 2001, Ovid
- Pediatric radiology review 2007, SpringerChest radiographs -- Lateral neck radiographs -- Abdominal radiographs -- Skull radiographs -- Long bone and extremity radiographs -- CT scan review.
- Pediatric radiology. 3rd ed. 2005, Springer
- Pediatric rheumatology in clinical practice 2007, Springer
- Pediatric sedation outside of the operating room 2012, SpringerThe History of Sedation -- Procedural Sedation: Let's Review the Basics - The Pediatrician's Perspective -- Sedation Policies, Recommendations, and Guidelines Across the Specialties and Continents -- Sedation Scales and Discharge Criteria: How Do They Differ? Which One to Choose? Do They Really Apply to Sedation? -- Physiological Monitoring for Procedural Sedation: The Routine and Beyond -- The Pediatric Airway: Anatomy, Challenges, and Solutions -- Pediatric Physiology: How Does it Differ from Adults? -- Pharmacology and Clinical Application of Sedatives, Analgesics, and Adjuncts -- Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics in the Pediatric Population -- Billing and Reimbursement for Sedation Services -- The Pediatric Hospital Medicine Sedation Service: Models, Protocols, and Challenges -- The Anesthesia Directed Sedation Service: Models, Protocols, and Challenges -- Sedation in the Intensive Care Unit: Challenges, Outcomes, and Future Strategies -- Sedation for Pediatric Gastrointestinal Procedures -- Sedation in the Emergency Department: A Complex and Multifactorial Challenge -- Sedation of Pediatric Patients for Dental Procedures -- Pediatric Sedation: The European Experience and Approach -- Pediatric Sedation in the Underdeveloped Third World: An African Perspective: Models, Protocols, and Challenges -- Pediatric Sedatives and the Food and Drug Administration: Challenges, Limitations, and Drugs in Development -- Incidence and Stratification of Adverse Events Associated with Sedation: Is There a Benchmark? -- Medicolegal Risks and Outcomes of Sedation -- Designing a Safe and Reliable Sedation Service: Adopting a Safety Culture -- Intravenous Infusions for Sedation: Rationale, State of the Art, and Future Trends -- Use of Complementary and Alternative Medicine in Pediatric Sedation -- The Future of Pediatric Sedation.
- Pediatric spine. 2nd ed. 2001, Ovid
- Pediatric surgery 2006, Springer
- Pediatric surgery 2009, Springer
- Pediatric surgical diseases 2009, Springer
- Pediatric thoracic surgery 2009, Springer
- Pediatric uroradiology. 2nd rev. ed. 2008, Springer
- Pediatrics in systemic autoimmune diseases. 1st ed. 2007, ScienceDirectMany of the systemic autoimmune diseases seen in children are different from those seen in adults making them a special problem for physicians and scientists who care for the affected children and study their diseases. Benefiting both pediatric and adult rheumatologists, as well as physicians from other specialties, this volume covers the latest advances in pathogenesis and clinical management of common conditions seen in pediatric rheumatology practices.
- Perinatal nutrition 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Physeal injury other than fracture 2012, SpringerVascular Deficiency --Disuse --Infection --Tumor --Metabolic --Neural --Cold Injury (Frostbite) --Heat Injury (Burns) --Electric Injuries --Compression --Distraction --Stress --Irradiation --Light Waves --Sound Waves --Shock Waves --Atmospheric Pressure --Oxygen --Developmental --Surgical --Unknown.
- Preventing childhood obesity 2005, NAPExtent and consequences of childhood obesity -- Developing an action plan -- A national public health priority -- Industry, advertising, media, and public education -- Local communities -- Schools -- Home -- Confronting the childhood obesity epidemic.
- Primary care pediatrics 2001, Ovid
- Principles and practice of pediatric infectious diseases. 4th ed. 2012, MD ConsultPt. 1. Understanding, controlling, and preventing infectious diseases. -- Pt.2. Clinical syndromes and cardinal features of infectious diseases: approach to diagnosis and initial management. -- Pt.3. Etiologic agents of infectious diseases. -- Pt.4. Laboratory diagnosis and therapy of infectious diseases.
- Principles and practice of pediatric surgery 2005, OvidSect I. Basic considerations -- Part A. Scientific principles -- Part B. Trauma -- Part C. Oncology -- Part D. Transplantation -- Sect. II. Surgical practice -- Part A. Head and neck -- Part B. Thorax -- Part C. Abdomen and abdominal wall defects -- Part D. Intestine -- Part E. Colon -- Part F. Liver, biliary Tract, and pancreas -- Part G. Spleen -- Part H. Urinary and genital systems -- Part I. Vascular system -- Part J. Musculoskeletal system -- Part K. Skin and soft tissue -- Part L. Central nervous system / Herbert Edgar Fuchs -- Part M. Conjoined Twins / John H.T. Waldhausen - Index.
- Probiotics in pediatric medicine 2009, Springer
- Long-term consequences of early feeding on later obesity risk / Koletzko, B. -- Energy requirements of infants and children / Butte, N.F. -- Protein requirements of infants and children / Garlick, P.J. -- Growth of breast-fed and formula-fed infants / Ziegler, E.E. -- Body composition during the first year of life / Rigo, J. -- Dietary reference intakes : concepts and approaches underlying protein and energy requirements / Yates, A.A. -- Intestinal amino acid metabolism in neonates / Van Goudoever, J.B. ... [et al.] -- Amino acid requirements of infants and children / Pencharz, P.B., Ball, R.O. -- Effects of high protein intakes / Axelsson, I. -- Physiology in food intake regulation : interaction with dietary components / Anderson, G.H., Aziz, A., Abou Samra, R. -- Complementary food : international comparison on protein and energy requirement/intakes / Agostoni, C., Riva, E., Giovannini, M. -- What is the optimal age for introduction of complementary foods? / Dewey, K.G. -- Recent issues in energy-protein malnutrition in children / Desjeux, J.-F. -- Protein quality and quantity in cow's milk-based formula for healthy term infants : past, present and future / Macé, K. ... [et al.] -- Recombinant human milk proteins / Lönnerdal, B.Long-term consequences of early feeding on later obesity risk / B. Koletzko -- Energy requirements of infants and children / N.F. Butte -- Protein requirements of infants and children / P.J. Garlick -- Growth of breast-fed and formula-fed infants / E.E. Ziegler -- Body composition during the first year of life / J. Rigo -- Dietary reference intakes: concepts and approaches underlying protein and energy requirements / A.A. Yates -- Intestinal amino acid metabolism in neonates / J.B. van Goudoever ... [et al.] -- Amino acid requirements of infants and children / P.B. Pencharz, R.O. Ball -- Effects of high protein intakes / I. Axelsson -- Physiology in food intake regulation: interaction with dietary components / G.H. Anderson, A. Aziz, R.A. Samra -- Complementary food: international comparison on protein and energy requirement/intakes / C. Agostoni, E. Riva, M. Giovannini -- What is the optimal age for introduction of complementary foods? / K.G. Dewey -- Recent issues in energy-protein malnutrition in children / J.-F. Desjeux -- Protein quality and quantity in cow's milk-based formula for healthy term infants: past, present and future / K. Macé ... [et al.] -- Recombinant human milk proteins / B. Lönnerdal.
- Radiological imaging of the neonatal chest. 2nd rev. ed. 2008, SpringerEmbryology and Anatomy of the Neonatal Chest / Stephanie Ryan -- Update on Clinical Management of Neonatal Chest Conditions / Anne Twomey -- Computed and Digital Radiography in Neonatal Chest Examination / Amaka C. Offiah -- Hyaline Membrane Disease and Complications of Its Treatment / Veronica Donoghue -- Transient Tachypnoea of the Newborn / Veronica Donoghue -- Meconium Aspiration / Catherine M. Owens -- Diagnostic Imaging of Neonatal Pneumonia / David Manson -- Antenatal Imaging of Chest Malformations / Laurent Garel -- Postnatal Imaging of Chest Malformations / Stephanie Ryan -- Congenital Anomalies of the Neonatal Upper Airway / David Manson -- Computed Tomography of the Central and Peripheral Airways / Alistair D. Calder and Catherine M. Owens -- Ultrasound of the Neonatal Thorax / Ingmar Gassner and Theresa E. Geley -- Ultrasound in Congenital Heart Disease / Colin J. McMahon and Benjamin W. Eidem -- Magnetic Resonance Imaging in Congenital Heart Disease / Christian J. Kellenberger -- Chest Radiography in Congenital Heart Disease / Bjarne Smevik -- Angiocardiography and Intervention in Congenital Heart and Great Vessel Disease / Bjarne Smevik and Per G. Bjørnstad -- Computed Tomography in Congenital Heart Disease / Laureen Sena and Hyun Woo Goo -- Chest Wall Abnormalities which Cause Neonatal Respiratory Distress / Georg F. Eich.
- Rare tumors in children and adolescents 2012, Springer
- Reactive attachment disorder 2012, SpringerMachine generated contents note: 1.Introduction -- Format of the Exercise -- What Is Attachment? -- The Place of Attachment in Nature -- The Process of Attachment in Early Childhood -- Definition of Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD) -- Differential Diagnosis -- Comorbidity -- 2.Vignette of "Jorge" -- pt. 1 Jorge as a Toddler -- Case Point: International Adoption -- pt. 2 Jorge at Preschool Age -- Case Point: Neglect, Growth, and Medical Problems -- pt. 3 Jorge in Kindergarten -- Case Point: The Retrospective Evaluation of Child Abuse -- pt. 4 Jorge in First Grade -- Case Point: Alexythymia and Attachment -- pt. 5 Jorge in Second and Third Grades -- Case Point: Longitudinal Course and the Trait of Indiscriminate Friendliness -- pt. 6 Jorge in fourth and fourth Grades -- Test #1 Case-Related Questions -- 3.Theories for the Origin of RAD -- pt. 1 Biological Basis -- Genetic Coding of Attachment -- Epigenetic Models -- Biological Effect of Maternal Stress -- Maturation and Lesions of Early Limbic Pathways -- Stress Tolerance and the Developing Brain -- Physiological Measurement of Attachment Disorder -- pt. 2 Psychological Factors -- A Deficit Model -- The Application of Joint Attention to Attachment -- Avoidance and Detachment -- The Phenomenon of Shame -- The Impact of Trauma -- pt. 3 Social Origins -- Attachment and Social Impairment -- Theory of Mind and the False Belief Test -- Anticipatory Interactive Planning -- 4.A Discussion and Critique of RAD -- 5.Therapy for RAD -- Test #2 Theory Questions -- B.Matching Section.
- Recent advances in growth research 2013, Karger
- Red book online HighWire, Latest ed. onlyRed Book Online is the online home of the Report of the AAP Committee on Infectious Diseases. Offering instant Web-based access, Includes complete text of the Red Book, plus the complete visual library of images from the Visual Red Book on CD-ROM and more.
- Reoperative pediatric surgery 2008, Springer
- Report of the Committee on Infectious Diseases HighWire, Latest ed. onlyRed Book Online is the online home of the Report of the AAP Committee on Infectious Diseases. Offering instant Web-based access, Includes complete text of the Red Book, plus the complete visual library of images from the Visual Red Book on CD-ROM and more.
- Retinoblastoma 2010, Springer
- "This book [is] part of a series of documents and tools supporting the IMCI (Integrated Management of Childhood Illness) strategy"--P.  of cover.
- Skeletal trauma in children. 4th ed. 2009, MD ConsultSkeletal growth, development, and healing as related to pediatric trauma / Stephen L. Frick, Eric T. Jones -- Physeal injuries / Manoj Ramachandran, David L. Skaggs -- Pathologic fractures in children / Herbert S. Schwartz, Ginger E. Holt -- The multiply injured child / John H. Wilber, George H. Thompson, Jochen Son-Hing -- Fractures with soft tissue injuries / Sanjeev Sabharwal, Fred F. Behrens -- Complications of fractures in children / Robert N. Hensinger -- Outcomes assessment in children with fractures / James G. Wright, Nancy L. Young -- Fractures and dislocations of the forearm, wrist, and hand / Martin Dolan, Peter M. Waters -- Fractures and dislocations about the elbow / Neil E. Green, Nathan L. Van Zeeland --Fractures and dislocations about the shoulder / James F. Mooney III, Lawrence X. Webb -- Fractures of the spine / Gregory A. Mencio, Clinton J. Devin -- Fractures and dislocations about the hips and pelvis / Marc F. Swiontkowski -- Fractures of the femoral shaft / Jeffrey Shilt -- Fractures and dislocations about the knee / Lewis E. Zionts -- Fractures of the tibula and fibula / George H. Thompson, Jochen Son-Hing -- Fractures and dislocations of the foot and ankle / Alvin H. Crawford, Mohammed J. Al-Sayyad, Charles T. Mehlman -- Nonaccidental trauma / Jeffrey Shilt, Neil E. Green, Kathryn E. Cramer -- Anesthesia and analgesia for the ambulatory management of children's fractures / Eric C. McCarty, Gregory A. Mencio -- Rehabilitation of the child with multiple injuries / Louise Z. Spierre ... [et al.] -- Skeletal trauma in young adults / Kevin Shea, Eric W. Edmonds, Henry Chambers.
- "Revised and updated for its Third Edition, Stocker and Dehner's Pediatric Pathology provides encyclopedic coverage of the diagnosis of pediatric disorders from the neonatal period through adolescence. It covers all major aspects of the pathologic anatomy of childhood disorders ranging from chromosomal syndromes and neoplasms to forensic pathology. Sections are organized by disease classification and by organ system. The book contains more than 1,300 gross and microscopic images, including 1,200 in full color. This edition includes a new chapter on transplantation pathology. Other highlights include significant updates in the areas of pediatric autopsy, imaging techniques, molecular techniques, embryonic and fetal wastage, congenital abnormalities, metabolic disorders, SIDS and forensic pathology, the placenta, and the nervous system"--Provided by publisher.
- Surgery of childhood tumors. 2nd corr. and enl. ed. 2008, Springer
- Survivors of childhood and adolescent cancer. 2nd ed. 2005, SpringerOverview / Cindy L. Schwartz ... [et al.] -- Algorithms of late effects by disease / Cindy L. Schwartz, Wendy L. Hobbie, Louis S. constine -- Facilitating assessment of late effects by organ system / Cindy L. Schwartz, Wendy L. Hobbie, Louis S. Constine -- Central nervous system effects / Nina S. Kadan-Lottick, Joseph P. Neglia -- Neuroendocrine complications of cancer therapy / Wing Leung, Susan R. Rose, Thomas E. Merchant -- Ocular complications due to cancer treatment / Michael Ober, Camille A. Servodidio, David Abramson -- Head and neck / Arnold C. Paulino, Mary Koshy, Della Howell -- Adverse effects of cancer treatment on hearing / Wendy Landier, Thomas E. Merchant -- The thyroid gland / Tithi Biswas, Louis S. constine, Cindy L. Schwartz -- Cardiovascular effects of cancer therapy / M. Jacob Adams ... [et al.] --Pulmonary effects of antineoplastic therapy / Andrea S. Hinkle, Cindy Proukou, Yuhchyau Chen -- Late gastrointestinal and hepatic effects / M.M. Hudson -- The ovary / Debra L. Friedman -- The testes / Jill P. Ginsberg, Amit Maity -- Genitourinary / Lawrence Marks, Nicole Larrier -- Musculoskeletal, integument, breast / Robert B. Marcus, Jr. ... [et al.] -- Hematopoietic stem cell transplantation / Nancy Bunin, constance DiDomenico, Virginia Guzikowski -- Second malignancies following treatment for childhood cancer / Barbara Anne Hieb, Susan K. Ogle, Anna T. Meadows -- Psychological aspects of long-term survivorship / Mary T. Rourke, Anne E. Kazak -- Legal issues / Barbara Hoffman -- Methodological issues in the study of survivors of childhood cancer / Ann C. Mertens, Yutaka Yasui -- Transition issues / Kevin C. Oeffinger, Debra A. Eshelman.
- Textbook of clinical pediatrics. 2nd ed. 2012, Springer
- Resuscitation-pediatric basic and advanced life support -- Neonatal resuscitation -- Shock -- Sedation and analgesia -- Emergency airway management-rapid sequence intubation -- Emergency medical services and transport medicine -- Emergency department recognition and management of victims of biological and chemical terrorism -- Abdominal distension -- Apnea -- Ataxia -- Breast lesion -- Coma and altered level of consciousness -- Constipation -- Cough -- Cyanosis -- Crying and colic in early infancy -- Dehydration -- Diarrhea -- Disturbed child -- Dizziness -- Edema -- Epistaxis -- Eye-red -- Eye-strabismus -- Eye-unequal pupils -- Eye-visual disturbances -- Fever -- Foreign body-ingestion/aspiration -- Gastrointestinal bleeding -- Groin masses -- Hearing loss --- Patients with heart murmurs -- Hematuria -- Hypertension -- Immobile arm -- Injury-ankle -- Injury-head -- Injury-knee -- Injury-shoulder -- Jaundice-unconjugated hyperbilirubinemia -- Jaundice-conjugated hyperbilirubinemia -- Limp -- Lymphadenopathy -- Neck mass -- Neck stiffness -- Odor-unusual -- Oligomenorrhea -- Oral lesions -- Pain-abdomen -- Pain-back -- Pain-chest -- Pain-dysphagia -- Pain-dysuria -- Pain-earache -- Headache -- Pain-joints -- Pain-scrotal -- Pallor -- Palpitations -- Polydipsia -- Rash-eczematous -- Rash-maculopapular -- Rash-papular lesions -- Rash-papulosquamous lesions -- Rash-petechiae and purpura -- Rash-urticaria -- Rash-vesicobullous -- Respiratory distress -- Seizures -- The septic-appearing infant -- Sore throat -- Stridor -- Syncope -- Tachycardia -- Urinary frequency in childhood -- Vaginal bleeding -- Vaginal discharge -- Vomiting -- Weakness -- Wheezing -- Weight loss -- Asthma and allergic emergencies -- Bite and stings -- Cardiac emergencies -- Dermatologic urgencies and emergencies -- Endocrine emergencies --Environmental emergencies -- Injuries involving radiation -- Gastrointestinal emergencies -- Pediatric and adolescent gynecology -- Hematologic emergencies -- Infectious disease emergencies -- Infectious disease emergencies-sexually transmitted diseases -- Metabolic emergencies -- Problems in the early neonatal period -- Neurologic emergencies -- Oncologic emergencies -- Pulmonary emergencies -- Emergencies in cystic fibrosis -- Renal and electrolyte emergencies -- Rheumatologic emergencies -- Toxicologic emergencies -- Evaluation of the ill returning traveler -- An approach to the injured child -- Major trauma -- Minor trauma-lacerations -- Abdominal trauma -- Burns -- Dental trauma -- Otolaryngologic trauma -- Facial trauma -- Genitourinary trauma -- Hand trauma -- Musculoskeletal trauma -- Neck trauma -- Neurotrauma -- Eye trauma -- Thoracic trauma -- Minor lesions and injuries -- Approach to the care of the technology-assisted child -- Abdominal emergencies -- Dental emergencies -- Otolaryngologic emergencies -- Urologic emergencies -- Orthopedic emergencies -- Neurosurgical emergencies, nontraumatic -- Ophthalmic emergencies -- Thoracic emergencies -- Transplantation emergencies -- Adolescent emergencies -- Behavioral emergencies -- Child abuse -- Psychiatric emergencies -- Ultrasound -- Illustrated techniques of pediatric emergency procedures -- App. A: Pediatric emergency medicine equipment -- App. B: Emergency drug compendium -- App. C: Practical information -- App. D: Parental instruction sheets -- App. E: Clinical pathways in emergency medicine.
- Veterans and agent orange. Herbicide/Dioxin exposure and acute Myelogenous Leukemia in the children of Vietnam veterans 2002, NAP
- Development of the visual system / T. Rowan Candy -- Visual acuity in the young child / Robert H. Duckman -- Contrast sensitivity function / Karl Citek -- Refractive error / David E. FitzGerald -- Development of eye movements in infants / Jordan R. Pola -- Development of accommodation in human infants / Mark Rosenfield -- Development of binocular vision / Robert H. Duckman and Jojo W. Du -- Development of color vision in infants / Israel Abramov and James Gordon -- The pediatric case history / Robert H. Duckman and Jessica Yang -- Infant, toddler, and children's visual acuity--practical aspects / Robert H. Duckman -- Assessment of ocular health / Shoshana Bell-Craig and Robert H. Duckman -- Abnormalities of the anterior segment / Pamela Hooker -- Abnormalities of the posterior segment / Pamela Hooker -- Quantification of refractive error / Amelia G. Bartolone and Daniella Rutner -- Pediatric and adolescent contact lens correction / David P. Libassi and Ralph E. Gundel -- Evaluation of ocular motor function / Richard London -- Clinical tests of fusion and stereopsis / M.H. Esther Han and Robert H. Duckman -- Evaluation of accommodation / Ida Chung-Lock -- Pediatric color vision testing / Jay M. Cohen -- Prescribing lenses for the pediatric patient / Robert H. Duckman -- Options in strabismus / Valerie M. Kattouf -- Options in amblyopia / Valerie M. Kattouf -- Vision therapy for the very young patient / Carl Gruning, David E. FitzGerald, and Robert H. Duckman -- Development of a normal child / Robert H. Duckman and David A. Maze -- Visual concerns in the child with special needs / Barry Kran, Stacy Lyons, and Melissa Suckow.
- Section 1. Visual Diagnoses in the Newborn -- Section 2. General Appearance -- Section 3. Head -- Section 4. Eyes -- Section 5. Ears -- Section 6. Nose -- Section 7. Mouth -- Section 8. Neck -- Section 9. Chest -- Section 10. Abdomen -- Section 11. Back -- Section 12. Extremities -- Section 13. Genital and Perineal Region -- Section 14. Perianal Area and Buttocks -- Section 15. Skin.
- Visual diagnosis in pediatrics 2006, OvidGeneral appearance / Evan J. Weiner -- Scalp swellings in newborns / Hans B. Kersten -- Newborn physical findings: facial lesions / Laura E. Smals -- Abnormal head shape / Laura E. Smals -- Hair loss / George A. Datto, III -- White specks in the hair / Hans B. Kersten -- Lumps on the face / Kelly R. Leite and Kathleen Cronan -- Red eye / Parul B. Patel and Steven M. Selbst -- Swelling of/around the eye / English D. Willis and Terri L. Young -- Discoloration of/around the eye / Maryellen E. Gusic and Dean John Bonsall -- Pupil, iris, and lens abnormalities / Renee M. Turchi and Esther K. Chung -- Misalignment of the eyes / Maryellen E. Gusic and Dean John Bonsall -- Abnormalities in ear shape and position / Charles A. Pohl -- Ear swelling / Kathleen Cronan -- Ear pits and tags / Renee M. Turchi and David E. Tunkel -- Ear canal findings / Lee R. Atkinson-McEvoy and Esther K. Chung -- Tympanic membrane abnormalities / Charles A. Pohl -- Nasal bridge swelling / Shoshana Melman -- Nasal swelling, discharge, and crusting / Shareen F. Kelly -- Mouth sores and patches / Robert L. Bonner, Jr -- Focal gum lesions / Nancy D. Spector -- Discoloration of the teeth / Harold V. Salvati -- Oral clefts and other variants / Cynthia Collier Warren and Paul S. Matz -- Tongue discoloration and surface changes / Christopher O'Hara -- Swellings within the mouth / Nancy D. Spector -- Throat redness / Robert L. Bonner, Jr -- Neck masses and swelling / Serena Yang -- Abnormal chest shape / Amy Renwick -- Breast swelling and enlargement / Heather E. Needham and Mariam R. Chacko -- Chest lumps / George A. Datto, III -- Abdominal midline bulge / Aviva L. Katz --Enlarged/distended abdomen / Vani Gopalareddy and Devendra I. Mehta -- Curvature of the back / Shareen F. Kelly -- Midline back pits, skin tags, hair tufts, and other lesions / Paul S. Matz -- Nail abnormalities / Denise W. Metry and Brandi M. Kenner -- Arm displacement / Jeoffrey K. Wolens -- Arm swelling / Teresia O'Connor -- Hand swelling / Serena Yang -- Finger abnormalities / Robert L. Zarr -- Fingertip swelling / Julieana Nichols -- Newborn physical findings: lower extremity abnormalities / Serena Yang -- Leg asymmetry / Jeoffrey K. Wolens -- Leg bowing and knock knees / Sujata R. Tipnis -- Intoeing / Sujata R. Tipnis -- Knee swelling / Julie A. Boom -- Foot deformities / Sujata R. Tipnis -- Foot swelling / Aida Zarina Khanum -- Foot rashes and lumps / Denise W. Metry and Brandi M. Kenner -- Female genitalia, variations / Collette C. Mull -- Penile abnormalities / T. Ernesto Figueroa and Ilia Zeltser -- Penile swelling / T. Ernesto Figueroa and Ilia Zeltser -- Perineal red rashes / Kathleen Cronan -- Perineal sores and lesions / Allan R. De Jong -- Vulvar swelling and masses / Allan R. De Jong -- Scrotal swelling / William R. Graessle -- Perianal and buttock swelling / Michael J. Wilsey, Jr and Karina Irizarry -- Perianal and buttock redness / Robert L. Zarr -- Imperforate anus / Julieana Nichols -- Newborn physical findings: skin abnormalities / Denise A. Salerno -- Facial rashes / Gary A. Emmett -- Diffuse red rashes / Susanne Kost -- Red patches and swellings / Nicholas B. Slamon -- Linear red rashes / Erin Preston -- Focal red bumps / George A. Datto, III -- Raised red rashes / Kathleen Cronan -- Vesicular rashes / Shirley P. Klein -- Nonblanching rashes / William R. Graessle -- Scaly rashes / Esther K. Chung -- Fine, bumpy rashes / George A. Datto, III -- Hypopigmented rashes / George A. Datto, III -- Hyperpigmented rashes / George A. Datto, III -- Bullous rashes / Angela Allevi.
- When children die 2003, NAP
- Window of opportunity 2008, KargerThe biology of growth / N. Cameron -- Human growth and cardiovascular disease / D.J.P. Barker -- The role of growth in heart development / K.L. Thornburg, S. Louey, G.D. Giraud -- Growth and bone development / C. Cooper ... [et al.] -- The role of genes in growth and later health / J.G. Eriksson -- Maternal nutrition before and during pregnancy / T.O. Scholl -- The diabetic pregnancy, macrosomia, and perinatal nutritional programming / A. Plagemann, T. Harder, J.W. Dudenhausen -- Undernutrition and growth restriction in pregnancy / R.L. Bergmann, K.E. Bergmann, J.W. Dudenhausen -- Growth and nutrition : the first six months / L.Ö. Hanson ... [et al.] -- Growth in the first two years of life / D.M. Bier -- Effects of early environment on mucosal immunologic homeostasis, subsequent immune responses and disease outcome / P.L. Ogra, R.C. Welliver Sr. -- Induction of antigen-specific immunity in human neonates and infants / C.B. Wilson, T.R. Kollmann -- Growth and host-pathogen interactions / A.M. Prentice, M.K. Darboe -- Neonatal microbial flora and disease outcome / M.F. Vassallo, W.A. Walker -- Impact of fetal and neonatal viral (and parasitic) infections on later development and disease outcome / Y.A. Maldonado -- Environmental influences on the development of the immune system : consequences for disease outcome / B. Björkstén.
- World report on child injury prevention 2008, WHO"Child injuries have been neglected for many years, and are largely absent from child survival initiatives presently on the global agenda. Through this World report on child injury prevention, the World Health Organization, the United Nations Children's Fund and many partners have set out to elevate child injury to a priority for the global public health and development communities. The knowledge and experience of nearly two hundred experts from all continents and various sectors were invaluable in grounding the report in the realities faced in many countries. This World report on child injury prevention should be seen as a complement to the UN Secretary-General's study on violence against children released in late 2006. That report addressed violence-related or intentional injuries. Both reports suggest that child injury and violence prevention programmes need to be integrated into child survival and other broad strategies focused on improving the lives of children. Evidence demonstrates the dramatic successes in child injury prevention in countries which have made a concerted effort. These results make a case for increasing investments in human resources and institutional capacities. This would permit the development, implementation and evaluation of programmes to stem the tide of child injury and enhance the health and well-being of children and their families the world over. Implementing proven interventions could save more than a thousand children's lives a day." - p. vii
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
Editor: Jianfang, Zhang
Translated & Donated by Muoi Arnold and Keith Arnold former Stanford faculty