Books by Subject
- 5-minute pediatric consult. 4th ed. ....
- — Handbook of pediatric eye and systemi...
- Handbook of pediatric neuro-ophthalmo...
- — Pediatric oncology .....................
- Pediatric oncology nursing .............
- — World report on child injury preventi...
- Pediatric oncology nursing 2004, Springer
- Pediatric oncology nursing. 2nd ed. 2010, Springer
- Pediatric ophthalmology 2009, Springer
- Pediatric ophthalmology, neuro-ophthalmology, genetics 2006-10, Springer2008 Springer2010 Springer[Volume one contents]: -- 1. Development of ocular refraction: lessons from animal experiments -- 2. Preschool vision screening: is it worthwhile? -- 3. Modern treatment of amblyopia -- 4. Retinopathy of prematurity: molecular mechanism of disease -- 5. Screening for retinopathy of prematurity -- 6. Controversies in the management of infantile cataract -- 7. Management of infantile glaucoma -- 8. Pediatric ocular oncology -- 9. Paediatric electrophysiology: a practical approach -- 10. Clinical and molecular genetic aspects of Leber's congenital amaurosis -- 11. Childhood stationary retinal dysfunction syndromes -- 12. Childhood retinal detachment --13. Eye manifestations of intrauterine infections -- 14. Nonaccidental injury. The pediatric ophthalmologist's role.[Volume two contents]: -- pt. 1. Optic nerve -- 1. Optic neuritis and multiple sclerosis -- 2. Ischemic optic neuropathies -- 3. Optic disc drusen -- 4. Inherited optic neuropathies -- ch. 5. Optic nerve tumours -- 6. Traumatic optic neuropathy ... -- pt. 2. Investigations -- 7. Imaging the nerve fiber layer and optic disc -- 8. Functional neuroanatomy of the human visual system ... -- 9. Investigating visual function with multifocal visual evoked potentials -- pt. 3. Retinal disorders -- 10. Autoimmune retinopathies -- 11. Retinal research : application to clinical practice -- pt. 4. Systemic disease -- 12. Chorioretinal lesions in infectious diseases of neuroophthalmic interest -- 13. Giant cell arteritis -- pt. 5. Oculomotility -- 14. Cerebral control of eye movements -- 15. Chronic progressive external ophthalmoplegia ... -- 16. Treatment of specific types of nystagmus -- pt. 6. Rehabilitation -- 17. Rehabilitation in neuroophthamology.[Volume three contents]: -- Epidemiology of Pediatric Strabismus / Amy E. Green-Simms and Brian G. Mohney -- Changes in Strabismus Over Time: The Roles of Vergence Tonus and Muscle Length Adaptation / David L. Guyton -- A Dissociated Pathogenesis for Infantile Esotropia / Michael C. Brodsky -- The Monofixation Syndrome: New Considerations on Pathophysiology / Kyle Arnoldi -- Visual Cortex Mechanisms of Strabismus: Development and Maldevelopment / Lawrence Tychsen -- Neuroanatomical Strabismus / Joseph L. Demer -- Congenital Cranial Dysinnervation Disorders: Facts and Perspectives to Understand Ocular Motility Disorders / Antje Neugebauer and Julia Fricke -- The Value of Screening for Amblyopia Revisited / Jill Carlton and Carolyn Czoski-Murray -- The Brückner Test Revisited / Michael Gräf -- Amblyopia Treatment 2009 / Michael X. Repka -- Best Age for Surgery for Infantile Esotropia: Lessons from the Early vs. Late Infantile Strabismus Surgery Study / H. J. Simonsz, G. H. Kolling and Early vs. Late Infantile Strabismus Surgery Study Group -- Management of Congenital Nystagmus with and without Strabismus / Anil Kumar, Frank A. Proudlock and Irene Gottlob -- Surgical Management of Dissociated Deviations / Susana Gamio -- Surgical Implications of the Superior Oblique Frenulum / Burton J. Kushner and Megumi Iizuka -- Pearls and Pitfalls in Surgical Management of Paralytic Strabismus / Seyhan B. Özkan -- Modern Treatment Concepts in Graves Disease / Anja Eckstein and Joachim Esser.
- Pediatric orthopedic deformities 2001, ScienceDirectDevelopmental bone biology -- Imaging approaches for epiphyseal assessment -- Developmental dysplasia of the hip -- Legg-Calve-Perthes Disease -- Coxa Vara in developmental and acquired abnormalities of the femur -- Developmental disorders of the knee -- Deformities due to disorders primarily affecting the epiphyses and metaphyses -- Lower extremity length discrepancies -- Skeletal dysplasias -- Epiphyseal and metaphyseal involvement with metabolic, inflammatory, neoplastic, infectious, and hematologic disorders.
- Pediatric orthopedic surgical emergencies 2012, SpringerPart 1.Trauma Overview --Polytrauma in the Pediatric Patient /Joshua M. Abzug and Martin J. Herman --The Mangled Extremity in Children /Sapan D. Gandhi, Joshua M. Abzug and Martin J. Herman --Compartment Syndrome /Baxter Willis --Part 2.Spine --Cervical Spine Injuries in Children /Steven W. Hwang, Per D. Trobisch, Andrew Jea and Amer F. Samdani --Thoracic and Lumbar Spine Injuries /Hitesh Garg, Joshua Pahys and Patrick J. Cahill --Part 3.Upper Extremity --Supracondylar Humerus Fractures /Joshua M. Abzug, Dan A. Zlotolow and Scott H. Kozin --Upper Extremity Replantation in Children /Joshua M. Abzug, Dan A. Zlotolow and Scott H. Kozin --Part 4.Lower Extremity --Pediatric Hip Fractures and Dislocations /James J. McCarthy, Kenneth J. Noonan and Sapan D. Gandhi --Pediatric Proximal Tibial Fractures with Vascular Compromise /William Hennrikus and Tamara Pylawka --Open Tibia Fractures in Children and Adolescents /Joseph Rosenblatt and Shannon D. Safier --Part 5.Infection --Septic Hip /Peter D. Pizzutillo and Megan Gresh --Necrotizing Fasciitis /Kevin J. Little and Joshua M. Abzug --Part 6.Other --Slipped Capital Femoral Epiphysis /Panagiotis Peter Glavas and B. David Horn.
- Pediatric orthopedics in practice 2007, Springer
- Pediatric otolaryngology for the clinician 2009, SpringerAntibiotic therapy for acute otitis, rhinosinusitis, and pharyngotonsillitis -- Pediatric hearing assessment -- Speech, voice and, swallowing assessment -- Methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) infections of the head and neck in children -- Polysomnography in children -- Otology -- External otitis -- Diagnosis and management of otitis media -- Tympanostomy tubes and otorrhea -- Chronic disorders of the middle ear and mastoid (tympanic membrane perforations and cholesteatoma) -- Congenital hearing loss (sensorineural and conductive) -- Implantable hearing devices -- Rhinology -- Pediatric facial fractures -- Pediatric epistaxis -- Nasal obstruction in the neonate -- Pediatric allergic nose -- Acute and chronic rhinosinusitis -- Head and neck -- Congenital head and neck masses -- Pediatric stridor -- Inflammatory disorders of the pediatric airway -- Tracheostomy in children -- Cleft lip and palate -- Cough -- Hoarseness in children -- Adenotonsillar disease -- Sleep-disordered breathing (SDB) in children -- Pediatric vascular tumors -- Emergencies in pediatric otolaryngology -- Foreign body management -- Deep space neck infections in the pediatric population -- Complications of acute otitis media -- Complications of sinusitis.
- Pediatric palliative care 2012, Springer
- Pediatric pathology. 2nd ed. 2001, Ovid
- Pediatric PET imaging 2006, Springer
- Pediatric primary care. Ill-child care 2001, Ovid
- Pediatric primary care. Well-child care 2001, Ovid
- Pediatric radiology review 2007, SpringerChest radiographs -- Lateral neck radiographs -- Abdominal radiographs -- Skull radiographs -- Long bone and extremity radiographs -- CT scan review.
- Pediatric radiology. 3rd ed. 2005, Springer
- Pediatric rheumatology in clinical practice 2007, Springer
- Pediatric sedation outside of the operating room 2012, SpringerThe History of Sedation -- Procedural Sedation: Let's Review the Basics - The Pediatrician's Perspective -- Sedation Policies, Recommendations, and Guidelines Across the Specialties and Continents -- Sedation Scales and Discharge Criteria: How Do They Differ? Which One to Choose? Do They Really Apply to Sedation? -- Physiological Monitoring for Procedural Sedation: The Routine and Beyond -- The Pediatric Airway: Anatomy, Challenges, and Solutions -- Pediatric Physiology: How Does it Differ from Adults? -- Pharmacology and Clinical Application of Sedatives, Analgesics, and Adjuncts -- Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics in the Pediatric Population -- Billing and Reimbursement for Sedation Services -- The Pediatric Hospital Medicine Sedation Service: Models, Protocols, and Challenges -- The Anesthesia Directed Sedation Service: Models, Protocols, and Challenges -- Sedation in the Intensive Care Unit: Challenges, Outcomes, and Future Strategies -- Sedation for Pediatric Gastrointestinal Procedures -- Sedation in the Emergency Department: A Complex and Multifactorial Challenge -- Sedation of Pediatric Patients for Dental Procedures -- Pediatric Sedation: The European Experience and Approach -- Pediatric Sedation in the Underdeveloped Third World: An African Perspective: Models, Protocols, and Challenges -- Pediatric Sedatives and the Food and Drug Administration: Challenges, Limitations, and Drugs in Development -- Incidence and Stratification of Adverse Events Associated with Sedation: Is There a Benchmark? -- Medicolegal Risks and Outcomes of Sedation -- Designing a Safe and Reliable Sedation Service: Adopting a Safety Culture -- Intravenous Infusions for Sedation: Rationale, State of the Art, and Future Trends -- Use of Complementary and Alternative Medicine in Pediatric Sedation -- The Future of Pediatric Sedation.
- Pediatric spine. 2nd ed. 2001, Ovid
- Pediatric surgery 2006, Springer
- Pediatric surgery 2009, Springer
- Pediatric surgical diseases 2009, Springer
- Pediatric thoracic surgery 2009, Springer
- Pediatric uroradiology. 2nd rev. ed. 2008, Springer
- Pediatrics in systemic autoimmune diseases. 1st ed. 2007, ScienceDirectMany of the systemic autoimmune diseases seen in children are different from those seen in adults making them a special problem for physicians and scientists who care for the affected children and study their diseases. Benefiting both pediatric and adult rheumatologists, as well as physicians from other specialties, this volume covers the latest advances in pathogenesis and clinical management of common conditions seen in pediatric rheumatology practices.
- Perinatal nutrition 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Physeal injury other than fracture 2012, SpringerVascular Deficiency --Disuse --Infection --Tumor --Metabolic --Neural --Cold Injury (Frostbite) --Heat Injury (Burns) --Electric Injuries --Compression --Distraction --Stress --Irradiation --Light Waves --Sound Waves --Shock Waves --Atmospheric Pressure --Oxygen --Developmental --Surgical --Unknown.
- Preventing childhood obesity 2005, NAPExtent and consequences of childhood obesity -- Developing an action plan -- A national public health priority -- Industry, advertising, media, and public education -- Local communities -- Schools -- Home -- Confronting the childhood obesity epidemic.
- Primary care pediatrics 2001, Ovid
- Principles and practice of pediatric infectious diseases. 4th ed. 2012, MD ConsultPt. 1. Understanding, controlling, and preventing infectious diseases. -- Pt.2. Clinical syndromes and cardinal features of infectious diseases: approach to diagnosis and initial management. -- Pt.3. Etiologic agents of infectious diseases. -- Pt.4. Laboratory diagnosis and therapy of infectious diseases.
- Principles and practice of pediatric surgery 2005, OvidSect I. Basic considerations -- Part A. Scientific principles -- Part B. Trauma -- Part C. Oncology -- Part D. Transplantation -- Sect. II. Surgical practice -- Part A. Head and neck -- Part B. Thorax -- Part C. Abdomen and abdominal wall defects -- Part D. Intestine -- Part E. Colon -- Part F. Liver, biliary Tract, and pancreas -- Part G. Spleen -- Part H. Urinary and genital systems -- Part I. Vascular system -- Part J. Musculoskeletal system -- Part K. Skin and soft tissue -- Part L. Central nervous system / Herbert Edgar Fuchs -- Part M. Conjoined Twins / John H.T. Waldhausen - Index.
- Probiotics in pediatric medicine 2009, Springer
- Long-term consequences of early feeding on later obesity risk / Koletzko, B. -- Energy requirements of infants and children / Butte, N.F. -- Protein requirements of infants and children / Garlick, P.J. -- Growth of breast-fed and formula-fed infants / Ziegler, E.E. -- Body composition during the first year of life / Rigo, J. -- Dietary reference intakes : concepts and approaches underlying protein and energy requirements / Yates, A.A. -- Intestinal amino acid metabolism in neonates / Van Goudoever, J.B. ... [et al.] -- Amino acid requirements of infants and children / Pencharz, P.B., Ball, R.O. -- Effects of high protein intakes / Axelsson, I. -- Physiology in food intake regulation : interaction with dietary components / Anderson, G.H., Aziz, A., Abou Samra, R. -- Complementary food : international comparison on protein and energy requirement/intakes / Agostoni, C., Riva, E., Giovannini, M. -- What is the optimal age for introduction of complementary foods? / Dewey, K.G. -- Recent issues in energy-protein malnutrition in children / Desjeux, J.-F. -- Protein quality and quantity in cow's milk-based formula for healthy term infants : past, present and future / Macé, K. ... [et al.] -- Recombinant human milk proteins / Lönnerdal, B.Long-term consequences of early feeding on later obesity risk / B. Koletzko -- Energy requirements of infants and children / N.F. Butte -- Protein requirements of infants and children / P.J. Garlick -- Growth of breast-fed and formula-fed infants / E.E. Ziegler -- Body composition during the first year of life / J. Rigo -- Dietary reference intakes: concepts and approaches underlying protein and energy requirements / A.A. Yates -- Intestinal amino acid metabolism in neonates / J.B. van Goudoever ... [et al.] -- Amino acid requirements of infants and children / P.B. Pencharz, R.O. Ball -- Effects of high protein intakes / I. Axelsson -- Physiology in food intake regulation: interaction with dietary components / G.H. Anderson, A. Aziz, R.A. Samra -- Complementary food: international comparison on protein and energy requirement/intakes / C. Agostoni, E. Riva, M. Giovannini -- What is the optimal age for introduction of complementary foods? / K.G. Dewey -- Recent issues in energy-protein malnutrition in children / J.-F. Desjeux -- Protein quality and quantity in cow's milk-based formula for healthy term infants: past, present and future / K. Macé ... [et al.] -- Recombinant human milk proteins / B. Lönnerdal.
- Radiological imaging of the neonatal chest. 2nd rev. ed. 2008, SpringerEmbryology and Anatomy of the Neonatal Chest / Stephanie Ryan -- Update on Clinical Management of Neonatal Chest Conditions / Anne Twomey -- Computed and Digital Radiography in Neonatal Chest Examination / Amaka C. Offiah -- Hyaline Membrane Disease and Complications of Its Treatment / Veronica Donoghue -- Transient Tachypnoea of the Newborn / Veronica Donoghue -- Meconium Aspiration / Catherine M. Owens -- Diagnostic Imaging of Neonatal Pneumonia / David Manson -- Antenatal Imaging of Chest Malformations / Laurent Garel -- Postnatal Imaging of Chest Malformations / Stephanie Ryan -- Congenital Anomalies of the Neonatal Upper Airway / David Manson -- Computed Tomography of the Central and Peripheral Airways / Alistair D. Calder and Catherine M. Owens -- Ultrasound of the Neonatal Thorax / Ingmar Gassner and Theresa E. Geley -- Ultrasound in Congenital Heart Disease / Colin J. McMahon and Benjamin W. Eidem -- Magnetic Resonance Imaging in Congenital Heart Disease / Christian J. Kellenberger -- Chest Radiography in Congenital Heart Disease / Bjarne Smevik -- Angiocardiography and Intervention in Congenital Heart and Great Vessel Disease / Bjarne Smevik and Per G. Bjørnstad -- Computed Tomography in Congenital Heart Disease / Laureen Sena and Hyun Woo Goo -- Chest Wall Abnormalities which Cause Neonatal Respiratory Distress / Georg F. Eich.
- Rare tumors in children and adolescents 2012, Springer
- Reactive attachment disorder 2012, SpringerMachine generated contents note: 1.Introduction -- Format of the Exercise -- What Is Attachment? -- The Place of Attachment in Nature -- The Process of Attachment in Early Childhood -- Definition of Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD) -- Differential Diagnosis -- Comorbidity -- 2.Vignette of "Jorge" -- pt. 1 Jorge as a Toddler -- Case Point: International Adoption -- pt. 2 Jorge at Preschool Age -- Case Point: Neglect, Growth, and Medical Problems -- pt. 3 Jorge in Kindergarten -- Case Point: The Retrospective Evaluation of Child Abuse -- pt. 4 Jorge in First Grade -- Case Point: Alexythymia and Attachment -- pt. 5 Jorge in Second and Third Grades -- Case Point: Longitudinal Course and the Trait of Indiscriminate Friendliness -- pt. 6 Jorge in fourth and fourth Grades -- Test #1 Case-Related Questions -- 3.Theories for the Origin of RAD -- pt. 1 Biological Basis -- Genetic Coding of Attachment -- Epigenetic Models -- Biological Effect of Maternal Stress -- Maturation and Lesions of Early Limbic Pathways -- Stress Tolerance and the Developing Brain -- Physiological Measurement of Attachment Disorder -- pt. 2 Psychological Factors -- A Deficit Model -- The Application of Joint Attention to Attachment -- Avoidance and Detachment -- The Phenomenon of Shame -- The Impact of Trauma -- pt. 3 Social Origins -- Attachment and Social Impairment -- Theory of Mind and the False Belief Test -- Anticipatory Interactive Planning -- 4.A Discussion and Critique of RAD -- 5.Therapy for RAD -- Test #2 Theory Questions -- B.Matching Section.
- Recent advances in growth research 2013, Karger
- Red book online HighWire, Latest ed. onlyRed Book Online is the online home of the Report of the AAP Committee on Infectious Diseases. Offering instant Web-based access, Includes complete text of the Red Book, plus the complete visual library of images from the Visual Red Book on CD-ROM and more.
- Reoperative pediatric surgery 2008, Springer
- Report of the Committee on Infectious Diseases HighWire, Latest ed. onlyRed Book Online is the online home of the Report of the AAP Committee on Infectious Diseases. Offering instant Web-based access, Includes complete text of the Red Book, plus the complete visual library of images from the Visual Red Book on CD-ROM and more.
- Retinoblastoma 2010, Springer
- "This book [is] part of a series of documents and tools supporting the IMCI (Integrated Management of Childhood Illness) strategy"--P.  of cover.
- Skeletal trauma in children. 4th ed. 2009, MD ConsultSkeletal growth, development, and healing as related to pediatric trauma / Stephen L. Frick, Eric T. Jones -- Physeal injuries / Manoj Ramachandran, David L. Skaggs -- Pathologic fractures in children / Herbert S. Schwartz, Ginger E. Holt -- The multiply injured child / John H. Wilber, George H. Thompson, Jochen Son-Hing -- Fractures with soft tissue injuries / Sanjeev Sabharwal, Fred F. Behrens -- Complications of fractures in children / Robert N. Hensinger -- Outcomes assessment in children with fractures / James G. Wright, Nancy L. Young -- Fractures and dislocations of the forearm, wrist, and hand / Martin Dolan, Peter M. Waters -- Fractures and dislocations about the elbow / Neil E. Green, Nathan L. Van Zeeland --Fractures and dislocations about the shoulder / James F. Mooney III, Lawrence X. Webb -- Fractures of the spine / Gregory A. Mencio, Clinton J. Devin -- Fractures and dislocations about the hips and pelvis / Marc F. Swiontkowski -- Fractures of the femoral shaft / Jeffrey Shilt -- Fractures and dislocations about the knee / Lewis E. Zionts -- Fractures of the tibula and fibula / George H. Thompson, Jochen Son-Hing -- Fractures and dislocations of the foot and ankle / Alvin H. Crawford, Mohammed J. Al-Sayyad, Charles T. Mehlman -- Nonaccidental trauma / Jeffrey Shilt, Neil E. Green, Kathryn E. Cramer -- Anesthesia and analgesia for the ambulatory management of children's fractures / Eric C. McCarty, Gregory A. Mencio -- Rehabilitation of the child with multiple injuries / Louise Z. Spierre ... [et al.] -- Skeletal trauma in young adults / Kevin Shea, Eric W. Edmonds, Henry Chambers.
- "Revised and updated for its Third Edition, Stocker and Dehner's Pediatric Pathology provides encyclopedic coverage of the diagnosis of pediatric disorders from the neonatal period through adolescence. It covers all major aspects of the pathologic anatomy of childhood disorders ranging from chromosomal syndromes and neoplasms to forensic pathology. Sections are organized by disease classification and by organ system. The book contains more than 1,300 gross and microscopic images, including 1,200 in full color. This edition includes a new chapter on transplantation pathology. Other highlights include significant updates in the areas of pediatric autopsy, imaging techniques, molecular techniques, embryonic and fetal wastage, congenital abnormalities, metabolic disorders, SIDS and forensic pathology, the placenta, and the nervous system"--Provided by publisher.
- Surgery of childhood tumors. 2nd corr. and enl. ed. 2008, Springer
- Survivors of childhood and adolescent cancer. 2nd ed. 2005, SpringerOverview / Cindy L. Schwartz ... [et al.] -- Algorithms of late effects by disease / Cindy L. Schwartz, Wendy L. Hobbie, Louis S. constine -- Facilitating assessment of late effects by organ system / Cindy L. Schwartz, Wendy L. Hobbie, Louis S. Constine -- Central nervous system effects / Nina S. Kadan-Lottick, Joseph P. Neglia -- Neuroendocrine complications of cancer therapy / Wing Leung, Susan R. Rose, Thomas E. Merchant -- Ocular complications due to cancer treatment / Michael Ober, Camille A. Servodidio, David Abramson -- Head and neck / Arnold C. Paulino, Mary Koshy, Della Howell -- Adverse effects of cancer treatment on hearing / Wendy Landier, Thomas E. Merchant -- The thyroid gland / Tithi Biswas, Louis S. constine, Cindy L. Schwartz -- Cardiovascular effects of cancer therapy / M. Jacob Adams ... [et al.] --Pulmonary effects of antineoplastic therapy / Andrea S. Hinkle, Cindy Proukou, Yuhchyau Chen -- Late gastrointestinal and hepatic effects / M.M. Hudson -- The ovary / Debra L. Friedman -- The testes / Jill P. Ginsberg, Amit Maity -- Genitourinary / Lawrence Marks, Nicole Larrier -- Musculoskeletal, integument, breast / Robert B. Marcus, Jr. ... [et al.] -- Hematopoietic stem cell transplantation / Nancy Bunin, constance DiDomenico, Virginia Guzikowski -- Second malignancies following treatment for childhood cancer / Barbara Anne Hieb, Susan K. Ogle, Anna T. Meadows -- Psychological aspects of long-term survivorship / Mary T. Rourke, Anne E. Kazak -- Legal issues / Barbara Hoffman -- Methodological issues in the study of survivors of childhood cancer / Ann C. Mertens, Yutaka Yasui -- Transition issues / Kevin C. Oeffinger, Debra A. Eshelman.
- Textbook of clinical pediatrics. 2nd ed. 2012, Springer
- Resuscitation-pediatric basic and advanced life support -- Neonatal resuscitation -- Shock -- Sedation and analgesia -- Emergency airway management-rapid sequence intubation -- Emergency medical services and transport medicine -- Emergency department recognition and management of victims of biological and chemical terrorism -- Abdominal distension -- Apnea -- Ataxia -- Breast lesion -- Coma and altered level of consciousness -- Constipation -- Cough -- Cyanosis -- Crying and colic in early infancy -- Dehydration -- Diarrhea -- Disturbed child -- Dizziness -- Edema -- Epistaxis -- Eye-red -- Eye-strabismus -- Eye-unequal pupils -- Eye-visual disturbances -- Fever -- Foreign body-ingestion/aspiration -- Gastrointestinal bleeding -- Groin masses -- Hearing loss --- Patients with heart murmurs -- Hematuria -- Hypertension -- Immobile arm -- Injury-ankle -- Injury-head -- Injury-knee -- Injury-shoulder -- Jaundice-unconjugated hyperbilirubinemia -- Jaundice-conjugated hyperbilirubinemia -- Limp -- Lymphadenopathy -- Neck mass -- Neck stiffness -- Odor-unusual -- Oligomenorrhea -- Oral lesions -- Pain-abdomen -- Pain-back -- Pain-chest -- Pain-dysphagia -- Pain-dysuria -- Pain-earache -- Headache -- Pain-joints -- Pain-scrotal -- Pallor -- Palpitations -- Polydipsia -- Rash-eczematous -- Rash-maculopapular -- Rash-papular lesions -- Rash-papulosquamous lesions -- Rash-petechiae and purpura -- Rash-urticaria -- Rash-vesicobullous -- Respiratory distress -- Seizures -- The septic-appearing infant -- Sore throat -- Stridor -- Syncope -- Tachycardia -- Urinary frequency in childhood -- Vaginal bleeding -- Vaginal discharge -- Vomiting -- Weakness -- Wheezing -- Weight loss -- Asthma and allergic emergencies -- Bite and stings -- Cardiac emergencies -- Dermatologic urgencies and emergencies -- Endocrine emergencies --Environmental emergencies -- Injuries involving radiation -- Gastrointestinal emergencies -- Pediatric and adolescent gynecology -- Hematologic emergencies -- Infectious disease emergencies -- Infectious disease emergencies-sexually transmitted diseases -- Metabolic emergencies -- Problems in the early neonatal period -- Neurologic emergencies -- Oncologic emergencies -- Pulmonary emergencies -- Emergencies in cystic fibrosis -- Renal and electrolyte emergencies -- Rheumatologic emergencies -- Toxicologic emergencies -- Evaluation of the ill returning traveler -- An approach to the injured child -- Major trauma -- Minor trauma-lacerations -- Abdominal trauma -- Burns -- Dental trauma -- Otolaryngologic trauma -- Facial trauma -- Genitourinary trauma -- Hand trauma -- Musculoskeletal trauma -- Neck trauma -- Neurotrauma -- Eye trauma -- Thoracic trauma -- Minor lesions and injuries -- Approach to the care of the technology-assisted child -- Abdominal emergencies -- Dental emergencies -- Otolaryngologic emergencies -- Urologic emergencies -- Orthopedic emergencies -- Neurosurgical emergencies, nontraumatic -- Ophthalmic emergencies -- Thoracic emergencies -- Transplantation emergencies -- Adolescent emergencies -- Behavioral emergencies -- Child abuse -- Psychiatric emergencies -- Ultrasound -- Illustrated techniques of pediatric emergency procedures -- App. A: Pediatric emergency medicine equipment -- App. B: Emergency drug compendium -- App. C: Practical information -- App. D: Parental instruction sheets -- App. E: Clinical pathways in emergency medicine.
- Veterans and agent orange. Herbicide/Dioxin exposure and acute Myelogenous Leukemia in the children of Vietnam veterans 2002, NAP
- Development of the visual system / T. Rowan Candy -- Visual acuity in the young child / Robert H. Duckman -- Contrast sensitivity function / Karl Citek -- Refractive error / David E. FitzGerald -- Development of eye movements in infants / Jordan R. Pola -- Development of accommodation in human infants / Mark Rosenfield -- Development of binocular vision / Robert H. Duckman and Jojo W. Du -- Development of color vision in infants / Israel Abramov and James Gordon -- The pediatric case history / Robert H. Duckman and Jessica Yang -- Infant, toddler, and children's visual acuity--practical aspects / Robert H. Duckman -- Assessment of ocular health / Shoshana Bell-Craig and Robert H. Duckman -- Abnormalities of the anterior segment / Pamela Hooker -- Abnormalities of the posterior segment / Pamela Hooker -- Quantification of refractive error / Amelia G. Bartolone and Daniella Rutner -- Pediatric and adolescent contact lens correction / David P. Libassi and Ralph E. Gundel -- Evaluation of ocular motor function / Richard London -- Clinical tests of fusion and stereopsis / M.H. Esther Han and Robert H. Duckman -- Evaluation of accommodation / Ida Chung-Lock -- Pediatric color vision testing / Jay M. Cohen -- Prescribing lenses for the pediatric patient / Robert H. Duckman -- Options in strabismus / Valerie M. Kattouf -- Options in amblyopia / Valerie M. Kattouf -- Vision therapy for the very young patient / Carl Gruning, David E. FitzGerald, and Robert H. Duckman -- Development of a normal child / Robert H. Duckman and David A. Maze -- Visual concerns in the child with special needs / Barry Kran, Stacy Lyons, and Melissa Suckow.
- Section 1. Visual Diagnoses in the Newborn -- Section 2. General Appearance -- Section 3. Head -- Section 4. Eyes -- Section 5. Ears -- Section 6. Nose -- Section 7. Mouth -- Section 8. Neck -- Section 9. Chest -- Section 10. Abdomen -- Section 11. Back -- Section 12. Extremities -- Section 13. Genital and Perineal Region -- Section 14. Perianal Area and Buttocks -- Section 15. Skin.
- Visual diagnosis in pediatrics 2006, OvidGeneral appearance / Evan J. Weiner -- Scalp swellings in newborns / Hans B. Kersten -- Newborn physical findings: facial lesions / Laura E. Smals -- Abnormal head shape / Laura E. Smals -- Hair loss / George A. Datto, III -- White specks in the hair / Hans B. Kersten -- Lumps on the face / Kelly R. Leite and Kathleen Cronan -- Red eye / Parul B. Patel and Steven M. Selbst -- Swelling of/around the eye / English D. Willis and Terri L. Young -- Discoloration of/around the eye / Maryellen E. Gusic and Dean John Bonsall -- Pupil, iris, and lens abnormalities / Renee M. Turchi and Esther K. Chung -- Misalignment of the eyes / Maryellen E. Gusic and Dean John Bonsall -- Abnormalities in ear shape and position / Charles A. Pohl -- Ear swelling / Kathleen Cronan -- Ear pits and tags / Renee M. Turchi and David E. Tunkel -- Ear canal findings / Lee R. Atkinson-McEvoy and Esther K. Chung -- Tympanic membrane abnormalities / Charles A. Pohl -- Nasal bridge swelling / Shoshana Melman -- Nasal swelling, discharge, and crusting / Shareen F. Kelly -- Mouth sores and patches / Robert L. Bonner, Jr -- Focal gum lesions / Nancy D. Spector -- Discoloration of the teeth / Harold V. Salvati -- Oral clefts and other variants / Cynthia Collier Warren and Paul S. Matz -- Tongue discoloration and surface changes / Christopher O'Hara -- Swellings within the mouth / Nancy D. Spector -- Throat redness / Robert L. Bonner, Jr -- Neck masses and swelling / Serena Yang -- Abnormal chest shape / Amy Renwick -- Breast swelling and enlargement / Heather E. Needham and Mariam R. Chacko -- Chest lumps / George A. Datto, III -- Abdominal midline bulge / Aviva L. Katz --Enlarged/distended abdomen / Vani Gopalareddy and Devendra I. Mehta -- Curvature of the back / Shareen F. Kelly -- Midline back pits, skin tags, hair tufts, and other lesions / Paul S. Matz -- Nail abnormalities / Denise W. Metry and Brandi M. Kenner -- Arm displacement / Jeoffrey K. Wolens -- Arm swelling / Teresia O'Connor -- Hand swelling / Serena Yang -- Finger abnormalities / Robert L. Zarr -- Fingertip swelling / Julieana Nichols -- Newborn physical findings: lower extremity abnormalities / Serena Yang -- Leg asymmetry / Jeoffrey K. Wolens -- Leg bowing and knock knees / Sujata R. Tipnis -- Intoeing / Sujata R. Tipnis -- Knee swelling / Julie A. Boom -- Foot deformities / Sujata R. Tipnis -- Foot swelling / Aida Zarina Khanum -- Foot rashes and lumps / Denise W. Metry and Brandi M. Kenner -- Female genitalia, variations / Collette C. Mull -- Penile abnormalities / T. Ernesto Figueroa and Ilia Zeltser -- Penile swelling / T. Ernesto Figueroa and Ilia Zeltser -- Perineal red rashes / Kathleen Cronan -- Perineal sores and lesions / Allan R. De Jong -- Vulvar swelling and masses / Allan R. De Jong -- Scrotal swelling / William R. Graessle -- Perianal and buttock swelling / Michael J. Wilsey, Jr and Karina Irizarry -- Perianal and buttock redness / Robert L. Zarr -- Imperforate anus / Julieana Nichols -- Newborn physical findings: skin abnormalities / Denise A. Salerno -- Facial rashes / Gary A. Emmett -- Diffuse red rashes / Susanne Kost -- Red patches and swellings / Nicholas B. Slamon -- Linear red rashes / Erin Preston -- Focal red bumps / George A. Datto, III -- Raised red rashes / Kathleen Cronan -- Vesicular rashes / Shirley P. Klein -- Nonblanching rashes / William R. Graessle -- Scaly rashes / Esther K. Chung -- Fine, bumpy rashes / George A. Datto, III -- Hypopigmented rashes / George A. Datto, III -- Hyperpigmented rashes / George A. Datto, III -- Bullous rashes / Angela Allevi.
- When children die 2003, NAP
- Window of opportunity 2008, KargerThe biology of growth / N. Cameron -- Human growth and cardiovascular disease / D.J.P. Barker -- The role of growth in heart development / K.L. Thornburg, S. Louey, G.D. Giraud -- Growth and bone development / C. Cooper ... [et al.] -- The role of genes in growth and later health / J.G. Eriksson -- Maternal nutrition before and during pregnancy / T.O. Scholl -- The diabetic pregnancy, macrosomia, and perinatal nutritional programming / A. Plagemann, T. Harder, J.W. Dudenhausen -- Undernutrition and growth restriction in pregnancy / R.L. Bergmann, K.E. Bergmann, J.W. Dudenhausen -- Growth and nutrition : the first six months / L.Ö. Hanson ... [et al.] -- Growth in the first two years of life / D.M. Bier -- Effects of early environment on mucosal immunologic homeostasis, subsequent immune responses and disease outcome / P.L. Ogra, R.C. Welliver Sr. -- Induction of antigen-specific immunity in human neonates and infants / C.B. Wilson, T.R. Kollmann -- Growth and host-pathogen interactions / A.M. Prentice, M.K. Darboe -- Neonatal microbial flora and disease outcome / M.F. Vassallo, W.A. Walker -- Impact of fetal and neonatal viral (and parasitic) infections on later development and disease outcome / Y.A. Maldonado -- Environmental influences on the development of the immune system : consequences for disease outcome / B. Björkstén.
- World report on child injury prevention 2008, WHO"Child injuries have been neglected for many years, and are largely absent from child survival initiatives presently on the global agenda. Through this World report on child injury prevention, the World Health Organization, the United Nations Children's Fund and many partners have set out to elevate child injury to a priority for the global public health and development communities. The knowledge and experience of nearly two hundred experts from all continents and various sectors were invaluable in grounding the report in the realities faced in many countries. This World report on child injury prevention should be seen as a complement to the UN Secretary-General's study on violence against children released in late 2006. That report addressed violence-related or intentional injuries. Both reports suggest that child injury and violence prevention programmes need to be integrated into child survival and other broad strategies focused on improving the lives of children. Evidence demonstrates the dramatic successes in child injury prevention in countries which have made a concerted effort. These results make a case for increasing investments in human resources and institutional capacities. This would permit the development, implementation and evaluation of programmes to stem the tide of child injury and enhance the health and well-being of children and their families the world over. Implementing proven interventions could save more than a thousand children's lives a day." - p. vii
- 5-minute pediatric consult. 4th ed. ....
- — Handbook of pediatric eye and systemi...
- Handbook of pediatric neuro-ophthalmo...
- — Pediatric oncology .....................
- Pediatric oncology nursing .............
- — World report on child injury preventi...
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
Editor: Jianfang, Zhang
Translated & Donated by Muoi Arnold and Keith Arnold former Stanford faculty