Books by Subject
View by page
- 5-minute pediatric consult. 5th ed. — Feeding during late infancy and early childhood impact on health (128)
- Feigin and Cherry's Textbook of pediatric infectious diseases. Seventh edition. [7th ed.] — Nutrition support for infants and children at risk (128)
- Nutritional care of preterm infants scientific basis and practical guidelines — Pediatric orthopedic surgical emergencies (128)
- Pediatric orthopedics in practice — Zitelli and Davis' Atlas of pediatric physical diagnosis. Sixth edition [6th ed.] (125)
- Feigin and Cherry's Textbook of pediatric infectious diseases. Seventh edition. [7th ed.] 2014ClinicalKeyFeigin and Cherry's Textbook of Pediatric Infectious Diseases helps you put the very latest knowledge to work for your young patients with unparalleled coverage of everything from epidemiology, public health, and preventive medicine through clinical manifestations, diagnosis, treatment, and much more. Ideal for all physicians, whether in an office or hospital setting, Feigin and Cherry's equips you with trusted answers to your most challenging clinical infectious disease questions. Meet your most difficult clinical challenges in pediatric infectious disease, including today's more aggressive infectious and resistant strains as well as emerging and re-emerging diseases, with unmatched, comprehensive coverage of immunology, epidemiology, public health, preventive medicine, clinical manifestations, diagnosis, treatment, and much more. Find the answers you need quickly thanks to an organization both by organ system and by etiologic microorganism, allowing you to easily approach any topic from either direction. Search the complete text and download all of the images online at Expert Consult.
- Fenichel's Clinical pediatric neurology a signs and symptoms approach. Seventh edition [7th ed.] 2013ScienceDirect2013 ClinicalKey1. Paroxysmal disorders -- 2. Altered states of consciousness -- 3. Headache -- 4. Increased intracranial pressure -- 5. Psychomotor retardations and regression -- 6. The hypotonic infant -- 7. Flaccid limb weakness in childhood -- 8. Cramps, muscles stiffness, and exercise intolerance -- 9. Sensory and autonomic disturbances -- 10. Ataxia -- 11. Hemiplegia -- 12. Paraplegia and quadriplegia -- 13. Monoplegia -- 14. Movement disorders -- 15. Disorders of ocular motility -- 16. Disorders of the visual system -- 17. Lower brainstem and cranial nerve dysfunction -- 18. Disorders of cranial volume and shape.
- Fetal and neonatal pathology. 4th ed. 2007Springer
- Fetal and neonatal physiology. 4th ed. 2011ClinicalKeyDrs. Polin, Fox, and Abman, focuses on physiologic developments of the fetus and newborn and their impact on the clinical practice of neonatology. A must for practice, this 4th edition brings you the latest information on genetic therapy, intrauterine infections, brain protection and neuroimaging, and much more. Gain a comprehensive, state-of-the-art understanding of normal and abnormal physiology, and its relationship to disease in the fetus and newborn premature infant, from Dr. Richard Polin and other acknowledged worldwide leaders in the field. Understand the implications of fetal and neonatal physiology through chapters devoted to clinical correlation. Apply the latest insights on genetic therapy, intrauterine infections, brain protection and neuroimaging, and much more. Effectively manage the consequences of intrauterine infections with three new chapters covering intrauterine infection and preterm birth, intrauterine infection and brain injury, and intrauterine infection and chronic lung disease.
- Fetal and neonatal secrets. 3rd ed. 2014ClinicalKeyDrs. Richard Polin and Alan Spitzer, uses the success formula of the Secrets Series to offer fast answers to the most essential clinical questions in fetal and neonatal medicine. With its user-friendly Q & A format, practical tips from neonatologists and fetal medicine experts, and "Key Points" boxes, this portable and easy-to-read medical reference book provides rapid access to the practical knowledge you need to succeed both in practice and on board and recertification exams. New to this edition: Apply all the latest pediatric advances in clinical fetal neonatology techniques, technology, and pharmacology.
- Forfar & Arneil's Textbook of pediatrics. 7th ed. 2008ClinicalKey
- Many children with medical conditions fail to improve despite physicians' best efforts. Sometimes, we ascribe this failure to lack of adherence to therapy, or to the severity of the condition. What we often fail to appreciate, however, is that sometimes the lack of improvement can be explained by the patients' psychological states. The first section of Functional Symptoms in Pediatric Disease: A Clinical Guide teaches children's health care providers to recognize functional symptoms that can complicate organic disease, as well as symptoms that are believed to be purely functional in origin. Literature reviews, case studies and quizzes are provided in each chapter, with video demonstrations included in some of the chapters. The second section of the book will help clinicians differentiate the patients for whom referral to a mental health provider is mandatory from those for whom other approaches may be useful. For the latter group, the book teaches clinicians to empower themselves by learning how to incorporate various therapies for functional disorders into their practice, including biofeedback, basic cognitive behavioral therapy techniques, hypnosis, acupressure, yoga and meditation. Practical strategies for obtaining training in these modalities are provided in the appendix. Useful for practicing clinicians including pediatricians, family practitioners, pediatric subspecialists, child psychiatrists, psychologists, other mental health care providers and practitioners of alternative and complementary medicine, Functional Symptoms in Pediatric Disease: A Clinical Guide is an important new book that will help children's health care providers consider the possible impact of functional contributions to the clinical presentation of their patients.
- Fundamentals of pediatric cardiology 2006OvidCardiovascular physiology -- Clinical evaluation -- Basic diagnostic studies -- Pediatric exercise testing -- Innocent murmurs -- Chest pain -- Syncope and sudden death -- Principals of inheritance and genetics of congenital heart disease -- Left-to-right shunts -- Right-to-left shunts -- Obstructive and regurgitant lesions -- Acquired heart diseases -- Cardiomyopathy -- Coronary artery anomalies.
- Fundamentals of pediatric surgery 2011SpringerPart 1 Perioperative Care -- Preoperative Assessment and Preparation -- Epidural and Regional Anesthesia -- Enteral Nutrition -- Parenteral Nutrition -- Fast-Track Protocols -- Quality Improvement, Education, and Outcomes Research in Pediatric Surgery -- Part 2 Critical Care -- Shock -- Electrolyte Disorders -- Vascular Access -- Acute Kidney Injury -- Respiratory Failure and Mechanical Ventilation -- Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation -- Part 3 Trauma -- Pediatric Trauma Resuscitation -- Head Trauma -- Neck Injuries -- Burns -- Abdominal Trauma -- Thoracic Trauma -- Spine Trauma -- Vascular Injury -- Pediatric Hand Injuries -- Pediatric Hand Injuries -- Part 4 Head and Neck -- The Critical Airway -- Bronchoscopy -- Cystic Neck Masses -- Disorders of the Thyroid and Parathyroid -- Cervical Lymphadenopathy -- Part 5 Esophagus -- Esophageal Atresia and Tracheo-Esophageal Fistula -- Long-Gap Esophageal Atresia -- Esophageal Replacement -- Esophageal Injuries -- Foregut Duplications -- Achalasia -- Part 6 Thorax and Mediastinum -- Patent Ductus Arteriosus -- Vascular Compression Syndromes -- Congenital Lung Lesions -- Thoracoscopic Biopsy and Lobectomy of the Lung -- Diseases of the Pleural Space -- Pectus Deformities -- Mediastinal Masses -- Part 7 Stomach and Small Intestine -- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease -- Hypertrophic Pyloric Stenosis -- Surgical Enteral Access -- Duodenal Atresia -- Intestinal Atresias -- Abdominal Cysts and Duplications. Anomalies of Intestinal Rotation -- Necrotizing Enterocolitis -- Short Bowel Syndrome -- Meconium Ileus -- Intussusception -- Meckel's Diverticulum -- Bariatric Surgery -- Chronic Abdominal Pain -- Crohn's Disease -- Ileostomy and Colostomy -- Part 8 Colon, Rectum, and Anus -- Constipation -- Perianal Disease -- Pilonidal Cyst Disease -- Hirschsprung Disease -- Appendicitis -- Ulcerative Colitis and Familial Polyposis -- Anorectal Malformations -- Part 9 Abdominal Wall, Peritoneum, and Diaphragm -- Gastroschisis -- Omphalocele -- Eventration of the Diaphragm -- Uncommon Hernias -- Umbilical Diorders and Anomalies -- Peritoneal Dialysis -- Part 10 Liver, Biliary Tree, Pancreas and Spleen -- Neonatal Hyperbilirubinemia -- Biliary Atresia -- Surgical Therapy of Disorders of Intrahepatic Cholestasis -- Cholecystitis -- Choledochal Cysts -- Hepatic Resection -- Portal Hypertension -- Congenital Hyperinsulinism -- Disorders of the Pancreas -- Disorders of the Spleen -- Part 11 Genitourinary -- Vesicoureteral Reflux -- Renal Abnormalities -- Penile Anomalies and Circumcision -- Inguinal Hernia and Hydrocele -- Undescended Testis. The Diagnosis and Management of Scrotal Pain -- Cloacal Exstrophy -- Disorders of Sex Development -- Vagina: Diseases and Treatment -- Part 12 Surgical Oncology -- Neuroblastoma -- Wilms Tumor -- Adrenal Tumors -- Rhabdomyosarcoma -- Sacrococcygeal Teratoma -- Sacrococcygeal Teratoma -- Ovarian Tumors -- Pediatric Testicular Tumors -- Soft Tissue Tumors -- Liver Tumors -- Musculoskeletal Surgical Oncology -- Part 13 Skin and Soft Tissues -- Subcutaneous Endoscopy -- Benign Skin Lesions -- Atypical Nevi and Malignant Melanoma -- Necrotizing Soft Tissue Infections -- Necrotizing Soft Tissue Infections -- Disorders of the Breast -- Part 14 Transplantation -- Kidney Transplantation -- Liver Transplantation -- Intestinal Transplantation -- Part 15 Miscellaneous -- Gastrointestinal Bleeding -- Fetal Surgery -- Disorders of the Abdominal Aorta and Major Branches -- Ventricular Shunts for Hydrocephalus -- Conjoined Twins.
- Genital cutting protecting children from medical, cultural, and religious infringements; proceedings of the 11th International Symposium on Circumcision, Genital Integrity, and Human Rights, 29-31 July 2010, University of California-Berkeley 2013SpringerTortured Bodies, Tortured Doctrines: Informed Consent as a Legal Fiction Inapplicable to Neonatal Male Circumcision -- Routine Infant Circumcision: Vital Issues that the Circumcision Proponents may be Overlooking -- The Smart Penis -- The Harm of Circumcision -- Evolution of Circumcision Methods: Not "Just a Snip" -- Penile Wounding: Complications of Routine Male Circumcision in a Typical American Family Practice -- Male Circumcision and the Potential for Unexplained Male Adolescent Suicide in Northern Ireland -- Healing the Harms of Circumcision: A Nursing Case Study -- Ten Years of Training: Family Medicine Residents as Conscientious Objectors to Circumcision -- Intersex Surgeries, Circumcision, and the Making of "Normal" -- Intersex Genital Autonomy: A Rights-Based Framework for Medical Intervention with Intersex Infants -- The SAR/ROHAN (The Possession): A Response of Somali Women to Pharaonic Circumcision/Infibulation (PhC) -- Genital Stretching Among the Venda Ethnic Group (South Africa) -- Male Circumcision Among the Venda of Limpopo (South Africa) -- Critique of African RCTs into Male Circumcision and HIV Sexual Transmission -- Randomized Controlled Trials for HIV/AIDS Prevention Among Men in Africa: Untraced Infections, Unasked Questions, and Unreported Data -- Dangerous Myths and Tragic Misconceptions: Fighting HIV and AIDS Cases in Africa with Male Circumcision Strategies -- Defying the Enlightenment: Jewish Ethnicity and Ethnic Circumcision -- Circumcision: Gender and Power -- Reclaiming Circumcision: Armenian Stories -- Self-Made Intactivism in the Middle East -- Genital Autonomy: A New Approach.
- Global orthopedics caring for musculoskeletal conditions and injuries in austere settings 2014SpringerGlobal Orthopedics: Caring for Musculoskeletal Conditions and Injuries in Austere Settings was conceived and written to be a unique reference for surgeons working in resource-limited environments. The first sections provide historical background, global public health perspectives of orthopedics, the role of culture, and a broad discussion of non-surgical and non-orthopedic clinical topics that are rarely encountered in high-resource settings but that affect orthopedic care. Adult and pediatric trauma are presented in an anatomical format for easy reference, with a focus on the natural history and the best treatment methods within existing limitations. The chapters on musculoskeletal infections provide a wealth of knowledge about these common debilitating conditions that is unavailable in any other single modern text. The non-infectious pediatric conditions section has been written for the non-specialist to handle selected developmental and early childhood orthopedic problems commonly seen in low-resource settings. Detailed chapters on reconstruction surgery, tumor management, amputations, and the orthopedic needs in the face of conflicts and natural disasters round out the text.
- Global perspectives on childhood obesity current status, consequences and prevention. 1st ed. 2011ScienceDirectChapter 1. Pediatric Obesity: A Pediatrician's Viewpoint / Allison Collins, Rebecka Peebles -- Chapter 2. Salient Features on Child Obesity from the Viewpoint of a Nutritionist / Bernard Waysfeld, Dominique Adele Cassuto -- Chapter 3. Developmental Trajectories of Weight Status in Childhood and Adolescence / Samar Hejazi, V. Susan Dahinten, Pamela A. Ratner, Sheila K. Marshall -- Chapter 4. The Measurement and Epidemiology of Child Obesity / David S. Freedman, Cynthia L. Ogden, Sarah E. Cusick -- Chapter 5. Good-Enough Parenting, Self-Regulation, and the Management of Weight-Related Problems / Moria Golan -- Chapter 6. Nursing Perspective on Childhood Obesity / Cynthia Yensel, Carrie Tolman -- Chapter 7. Contemporary Racial/Ethnic and Socioeconomic Patterns in U.S. Childhood Obesity / Gopal K. Singh, Michael D. Kogan -- Chapter 8. Prediabetes among Obese Youth / Orit Pinhas-Hamiel, Phil Zeitler -- Chapter 9. Prediabetes and Type 2 Diabetes: An Emerging Epidemic among Obese Youth / Kathryn Love-Osborne -- Chapter 10. Prevalence of the Metabolic Syndrome in U.S. Youth / Sarah E. Messiah, Kristopher L. Arheart, Steven E. Lipshultz, Tracie L. Miller -- Chapter 11. Emerging Pathways to Child Obesity Starts from the Mother's Womb: A Prospective View / Ashik Mosaddik -- Chapter 12. The Social, Cultural and Familial Contexts Contributing to Childhood Obesity / Cathy Banwell, Helen Kinmonth, Jane Dixon -- Chapter 13. Cardiovascular Risk Clustering in Obese Children / Ram Weiss -- Chapter 14. A Link between Maternal and Childhood Obesity / Siân Robinson -- Chapter 15. Is Prenatal Exposure to Maternal Obesity Linked to Child Mental Health? / Alina Rodriguez -- Chapter 16. Sleep and Obesity in Children and Adolescents / Amy Darukhanavala, Silvana Pannain -- Chapter 17. Cellular Remodeling during the Growth of the Adipose Tissue / Coralie Sengenès, Virginie Bourlier, Jean Galitzky, Alexia Zakaroff-Girard, Max Lafontan, Anne Bouloumié -- Chapter 18. Children Obesity, Glucose Tolerance, Ghrelin, and Prader-Willi Syndrome / Simonetta Bellone, Arianna Busti, Sara Belcastro, Gianluca Aimaretti, Gianni Bona, Flavia Prodam -- Chapter 19. Insulin Resistance and Glucose Metabolism in Childhood Obesity / Subhashini Yaturu, Sushil K. Jain -- Chapter 20. Insulin Resistance in Pediatric Obesity: Physiological Effects and Possible Diet Treatment / Ulf Holmbäck -- Chapter 21. Role of Fatty Liver Disease in Childhood Obesity / Valerio Nobili, Anna Alisi, Melania Manco -- Chapter 22. An Overview of Psychosocial Symptoms in Obese Children / Lisa Y. Gibson -- Chapter 23. Childhood Obesity: Depression, Anxiety and Recommended Therapeutic Strategies / Dana L. Rofey, Jessica J. Black, Jennifer E. Phillips, Ronette Blake, KayLoni Olson -- Chapter 24. The Emotional Impact of Obesity on Children / Robert E. Cornette -- Chapter 25. Psychiatric Illness, Psychotropic Medication, and Childhood Obesity / Lawrence Maayan, Leslie Citrome -- Chapter 26. Childhood Obesity: Public Health Impact and Policy Responses / Rogan Kersh, Brian Elbel -- Chapter 27. Childhood Obesity and Juvenile Diabetes / Mikael Knip -- Chapter 28. Bone Health in Obesity and the Cross Talk between Fat and Bone / Sowmya Krishnan, Venkataraman Kalyanaraman -- Chapter 29. A Community-Level Perspective for Childhood Obesity Prevention / Christina Economos, Erin Hennessy -- Chapter 30. School-Based Obesity-Prevention Programs / Genevieve Fridlund Dunton, Casey P. Durand, Nathaniel R. Riggs, Mary Ann Pentz -- Chapter 31. School-Based Obesity Prevention Interventions Show Promising Improvements in the Health and Academic Achievements among Ethnically Diverse Young Children / Danielle Hollar, Sarah E. Messiah, Gabriela Lopez-Mitnik, T. Lucas Hollar, Michelle Lombardo -- Chapter 32. School and Community-Based Physical Education and Healthy Active Living Programs: Holistic Practices in Hong Kong, Singapore, and the United States / Ming-Kai Chin, Christopher R. Edginton, Mei-Sin Tang, Kia-Wang Phua, Jing-Zhen Yang -- Chapter 33. Schools as “Laboratories” for Obesity Prevention: Proven Effective Models / Michelle Lombardo, Danielle Hollar, T. Lucas Hollar, Karen McNamara -- Chapter 34. Fitness and Fatness in Childhood Obesity: Implications for Physical Activity / Sarah P. Shultz, Benedicte Deforche, Nuala M. Byrne, Andrew P. Hills -- Chapter 35. Pharmacotherapy in Childhood Obesity / Amélio F. Godoy-Matos, Erika Paniago Guedes, Luciana Lopes de Souza, Mariana Farage -- Chapter 36. Beverage Interventions to Prevent Child Obesity / Rebecca Muckelbauer, Mathilde Kersting, Jacqueline Müller-Nordhorn -- Chapter 37. Psychotherapy as an Intervention for Child Obesity / Carl-Erik Flodmark -- Chapter 38. Childhood Obesity: Psychological Correlates and Recommended Therapeutic Strategies / Jennifer E. Phillips, Ethan E. Hull, Dana L. Rofey -- Chapter 39. Dietary Supplements in the Prevention and Treatment of Childhood Obesity / Robert I-San Lin -- Chapter 40. The Role of Arginine for Treating Obese Youth / Catherine J. McNeal, Guoyao Wu, Susie Vasquez, Don P. Wilson, M. Carey Satterfield, Jason R. McKnight, Hussain S. Malbari, Mujtaba Rahman -- Chapter 41. Prevention of Childhood Obesity with Use of Natural Products / Jin-Taek Hwang, Dae Young Kwon, Joohun Ha -- Chapter 42. The Role of United States Law to Prevent and Control Childhood Obesity / Jennifer L. Pomeranz -- Chapter 43. Childhood Obesity as an Amplifier of Societal Inequality in the United States / Stanley J. Ulijaszek -- Chapter 44. Childhood Obesity, Food Choice and Market Influence / Jane Kolodinsky, Amanda Goldstein, Erin Roche -- Chapter 45. The Role of Media in Childhood Obesity / Amy B. Jordan, Ariel Chernin -- Chapter 46. Evaluation and Management of Childhood Obesity in Primary Care Settings / Goutham Rao -- Chapter 47. The Future Directions and Clinical Management of Childhood Obesity / Clodagh S. O'Gorman, Jonathan Cauchi, Jill K. Hamilton, Denis Daneman.
- The ideal quick reference for the busy mental health clinician seeing younger patients, the Fifth Edition of Green's Child and Adolescent Clinical Psychopathology has been fully revised by a new team of authors active in clinical practice and resident education. A trusted reference in the field, Green's continues to provide practical and balanced information on the full range of medications used to treat mental health disorders in children and adolescents. ... NEW to the Fifth Edition: Increased focus on medication effects and cost-effectiveness. New information on cardiac function and risk factors in patients taking stimulants. Long-term suicide risks associated with SSRIs. Longer term outcomes of major depression treatment. Use of anticonvulsant medications in patients with bipolar disorder. Weight gain in patients taking antipsychotics.
- Green's Skeletal trauma in children. Fifth edition [5th ed.] 2015ClinicalKeyObtain the best outcomes from the latest techniques with help from a "who's who" of pediatric orthopaedic trauma experts! Considered as the "go-to" reference for orthopaedic trauma surgeons and pediatric orthopaedic trauma surgeons, Green's Skeletal Trauma in Children presents practical, focused guidance on managing traumatic musculoskeletal injuries in children and adolescents. It emphasizes the unique aspects of children's fractures in terms of epidemiology, mechanisms, management, and the challenges of treating the skeletally immature patient. State-of-the-art coverage includes crucial chapters on skeletal trauma related to child abuse, anesthesia and analgesia, management of children's fractures, and outcome measures and rehabilitation.
- The treatment of such conditions is often challenging due to the age of the patient and the progressive nature of the deformity. There also may be associated problems such as congenital anomalies, respiratory insufficiency, and neurological problems. Depending on the etiology of the deformity, these children are often cared for by multiple specialists including pediatricians, pediatric orthopaedists or orthopaedic spine surgeons, neurologists, pediatric surgeons, pediatric neurosurgeons, oncologists, and/or pulmonologists. Health professionals in all of the mentioned disciplines are involved in the management of these patients, which is why compiling a comprehensive textbook that is not limited to orthopedic specialists is essential. This textbook will effectively help to standardize the care of these patients. Furthermore, other professionals such as nurses, physical therapists and healthcare professionals in training are usually not familiar with these conditions and are in need of a reference book to consult when caring for children with spinal deformities.
- Guide to neonatal and pediatric ECGs 2013SpringerElectrocardiography has an ever-expanding role in pediatric cardiology evaluation. The specific competencies required for its optimal use in this setting, however, generally lie beyond the expertise of cardiologists used to dealing with adults. This guide - the product of extensive practical experience in the field of pediatric cardiology - proposes a very simple method for reading neonatal and pediatric ECGs that is based on the application of straightforward criteria and permits the immediate recognition of normal and pathological patterns. The first part of the guide presents and describes this methodology and the parameters of normal pediatric ECGs, while the second part focuses on specific pediatric anomalies. More than 150 ECGs displaying both normal and pathologic findings are included, all of which have been collected from clinical practice and analyzed using the proposed method. This book will be an invaluable reference tool for all cardiologists who deal with newborns and children.
- Urinary tract infection: USA -- Urinary tract infection: United Kingdom -- Urinary tract infection: Europe -- Urinary tract infection: Australasia -- Abnormalities of the scrotum -- Disorders of male external genitalia: problems of the penis and foreskin -- Disorders of male external genitalia: hypospadias, epispadias, concealed penis, and urethral disorders -- Disorders of male external genitalia: undescended testis -- Disorders of male external genitalia: circumcision -- Disorders of the female external genitalia -- Disorders of elimination: voiding dysfunction -- Disorders of elimination: nocturnal enuresis -- Disorders of elimination: constipation -- Hematuria and proteinuria -- Abdominal pain: urological aspects -- External angular dermoid and pilomatrixoma -- Neck swellings/lumps: midline neck swellings -- Neck swellings/lumps: lateral neck lumps -- Neck swellings/lumps: torticollis -- Umbilical disorders -- Surgical aspects of abdominal pain -- Approach to abdominal masses -- Gastro-esophageal reflux disease -- Rectal bleeding -- Intestinal obstruction -- Unique considerations in the neonate and infant: bile-stained vomiting in the neonate -- Unique considerations in the neonate and infant: pyloric stenosis -- Unique considerations in the neonate and infant: intussusception -- Hemangioma and lymphangioma.
- Handbook of childhood and adolescent obesity 2008SpringerPediatric obesity: trends and epidemiology / Ric G. Steele, Timothy D. Nelson, and Elissa Jelaian -- Health consequences of obesity in children and adolescents / Patrick Vivier and Christine Tompkins -- Psychological factors related to obesity in children and adolescents / Meg H. Zeller and Avani C. Modi -- Binge eating among children and adolescents / Marian Tanofsky-Kraff -- The definition and assessment of childhood overweight: a development perspective / Chermaine Tyler and Ginny Fullerton -- Diet assessment in children and adolescents / Nancy E. Sherwood -- Development of eating patterns / Vicky Phares, Jessica Curley, and Ariz Rojas -- Physiological mechanisms impacting weight regulation / David Fields and Paul Higgins -- Socioeconomic factors related to obesity in children and adolescents / Elizabeth Goodman -- The obesogenic environment / Amy A. Gorin and Melissa M. Crane -- Application of genetic epidemiology to understanding pediatric obesity / Robert Mair and Stephen T. McGarvey -- Development considerations in the prevention of pediatric obesity / Melissa Xanthopoulos, Chantelle Hart, and Elissa Jelalian -- Evidence-based treatments for childhood obesity / Hollie A. Raynor -- Empirically supported treatment of overweight adolescents / Alan M. Delamater ... [et al.] -- Intensive therapies for the treatment of pediatric obesity / Joan C. Han and Jack A. Yanovski -- Residential treatment programs for pediatric obesity / Paul J. Gately and Carlton B. Cooke -- Model treatment programs / Ann McGrath Davis and Rochelle L. James -- Cultural considerations in the development of pediatric weight management interventions / Dawn K. Wilson and Heather Kitzman-Ulrich -- Prevention of childhood obesity in childcare settings / Barbara A. Dennison and Myles S. Faith -- Obesity prevention programs for school-aged children and adolescents / David M. Janicke, Bethany J. Sallinen, and Jessica C. White Plume -- Preventing childhood obesity through collaborative public health action in communities / Vicki L. Collie-Akers and Stephen B. Fawcett -- The role of public policy in addressing the pediatric obesity epidemic / Patricia B. Crawford ... [et al.] -- Application of innovative technologies in the prevention and treatment of overweight in children and adolescents / Deborah F. Tate -- Motivational interviewing and pediatric obesity / Robyn S. Mehlenbeck and Yana Markov Wember -- Treatment of children and adolescents with obesity and comorbid psychiatric conditions / Alan Zametkin, Alanna Jacobs, Jessica Parrish -- Application of empirically supported treatments to clinical settings / Craig A. Johnston and William T. Dalton III -- Future directions in pediatric obesity prevention and intervention: research and practice / Elissa Jelalian, Ric G. Steele, and Chad D. Jensen.
- Handbook of clinical child neuropsychology. 3rd ed. 2009SpringerFoundations and current issues -- Development of neuropsychology as a professional psychological specialty: history, training, and credentialing -- Development of the child's brain and behavior -- Development of cerebral lateralization in children -- Development of higher brain functions: birth through adolescence -- Neuropsychology of child psychopathology -- Neurodevelopmental malformations: etiology and clinical manifestations -- Pediatric brain injury: mechanisms and amelioration -- Neuropsychological basis of learning disabilities -- Measurement and statistical problems in neuropsychological assessment of children -- Models of inference in evaluating brain-behavior relationships in children -- Neuropsychological diagnosis -- Halstead-Reitan Neuropsychological Test Batteries for Children -- Nebraska Neuropsychological Children's Battery -- Applications of the Kaufman Assessment Battery for Children, 2nd edition in neuropsychological assessment -- Utilizing a neuropsychological paradigm for understanding common educational and psychological tests -- Assessment of behavior and personality in the neuropsychological diagnosis of children -- Psychophysiological evaluation of neuropsychological disorders in children -- Assessment of the Hispanic child -- Techniques of intervention -- Neurocognitive interventions for childhood and adolescent disorders: a transactional model -- Brain injury rehabilitation of children and youth: neurodevelopmental perspectives -- Neuropsychology of pediatric epilepsy and antiepileptic drugs -- Neuropsychological effects of stimulant medication on children's learning and behavior -- Nonstimulant psychotropic medication: desired and adverse cognitive events -- Special topics in clinical child neuropsychology -- Child clinical neuropsychology of drug abuse -- Neuropsychological aspects of attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder -- Neurobehavioral and neurodevelopmental sequelae associated with pediatric HIV infection -- Neuropsychological sequelae of chronic medical disorders in children and youth -- Coping and adjustment of children with neurological disorder -- Child forensic neuropsychology: a scientific approach -- Neuropsychology and coma management -- Neuropsychological aspects of pervasive developmental and autism spectrum disorders -- Using the Planning, Attention, Simultaneous, Successive (PASS) theory within a neuropsychological context.
- Handbook of evidence-based therapies for children and adolescents bridging science and practice 2008Springerpt. 1. ESTABLISHING THE NEED AND CRITERIA FOR EVIDENCE-BASED THERAPIES. Evidence-based therapies for children and adolescents: problems and prospects / Ric G. Steele, Michael C. Roberts, and T. David Elkin -- Empirically supported treatments and evidence-based practice for children and adolescents / Michael C. Roberts and Rochelle L. James -- Methodological issues in the evaluation of therapies / Ric G. Steele, Jennifer A. Mize Nelson, and Timothy D. Nelson -- Evidence-based therapies: translating research into practice / Charmaine K. Hig aand Bruce F. Chorpita -- pt. 2. EVIDENCE-BASED THERAPIES FOR SPECIFIC DISORDERS OR CONDITIONS. ANXIETY DISORDERS: Psychosocial treatments for phobic and anxiety disorders in youth / Wendy K. Silverman and Armando A. Pina -- Panic disorder in adolescents / Thomas H. Ollendick and Donna Pincus -- Evidence-based treatment of pediatric obsessive-compulsive disorder / Eric A Storch ... [et al.] -- Interventions for posttraumatic stress in children and adolescents following natural disasters and acts of terrorism / Annette M. La Greca -- MOOD DISORDERS AND PROBLEMS: Mood disorders in childhood / Colleen M. Cummings and Mary A. Fristad -- Empirically supported psychotherapies for adolescent depression and mood disorders / John F. Curry and Sara J. Becker -- Evidence-based therapies for adolescent suicidal behavior / Anthony Spirito and Christianne Esposito-Smythers -- DISRUPTIVE BEHAVIOR DISORDERS AND RELATED PROBLEMS: Evidence-based treatments for attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) / Betsy Hoza, Nina Kaiser, and Elizabeth Hurt -- Evidence-based therapies for oppositional behavior in young children / Robert J. McMahon and Julie S. Kotler -- Treating conduct problems, aggression, and antisocial behavior in children and adolescents: an integrated view / Paul Boxer and Paul J. Frick -- Components of evidence-based interventions for bullying and peer victimization / Anne K. Jacobs -- PEDIATRIC/MEDICALLY RELATED DISORDERS: Pain and pain management / Lindsey L. Cohen, Jill E. MacLaren, and Crystal S. Lim -- Evidence-based treatments for children with chronic illnesses / T. David Elkin and Laura Stoppelbein -- Evidence-based therapies for enuresis and encopresis / Patrick C. Friman -- Evidencebased therapies for children and adolescents with eating disorders / David H. Gleaves and Janet D. Latner -- Evidence-based therapies for pediatric overweight / Craig A. Johnston and Chermaine Tyler -- OTHER DISORDERS AND PROBLEMS: Evidence-based therapies for autistic disorder and pervasive developmental disorders / Jonathan M. Campbell, Caitlin V. Herzinger, and Carrah L. James -- Evidence-based treatment for children with serious emotional disturbance / Camille J. Randall and Eric M. Vernberg -- Evidence-based approaches to social skills training with children and adolescents / Sharon L. Foster and Julie R. Bussman -- Evidence-based treatments for adolescent substance use disorders / Deborah Deas, Kevin Gray, and Himanshu Upadhyaya -- pt. 3. IMPLEMENTATION ISSUES. Dissemination of evidence-based manualized treatments for children and families in practice settings / Michael A. Southam-Gerow, Alyssa M. Marder, and A. Aukahi Austin -- Client, therapist, and treatment characteristics in EBT's for children and adolescents / Stephen Shirk and Dana McMakin -- Implementing evidence-based treatments with ethnically diverse clients / Beth A. Kotchick and Rachel L. Grover-- Evidence-based therapy and ethical practice / William A. Rae and Constance J. Fournier -- Adoption of evidence-based treatments (EBTs) in community settings: obstacles and opportunities / Julianne M. Smith-Boydston and Timothy D. Nelson -- Evidence-based assessment for children and adolescents / Vicky Phares and Jessica Curley -- Graduate training in evidence-based practice in psychology / Thad R. Leffingwell and Frank L. Collins, Jr. -- Emerging issues in the continuing evolution of evidence-based practice / T. David Elkin, Michael C. Roberts, and Ric G. Steele.
- Handbook of fractures. 3rd ed. 2006OvidClosed reduction, casting, and traction -- Multiple trauma -- Open fractures -- Gunshot wounds -- Pathologic fractures -- Periprosthetic fractures -- Orthopaedic analgesia -- General spine -- Cervical spine -- Thoracolumbar spine -- Clavicle fractures -- Acromioclavicular and sternoclavicular joint injuries -- Scapula fractures -- Glenohumeral dislocation -- Proximal humerus fractures -- Humeral shaft fractures -- Distal humerus -- Elbow dislocation -- Olecranon -- Radial head -- Radius and ulna shaft -- Distal radius -- Wrist -- Hand -- Pelvis -- Acetabulum -- Hip dislocations -- Femoral head -- Femoral neck fractures -- Intertrochanteric fractures -- Subtrochanteric fractures -- Femoral shaft -- Distal femur -- Knee dislocation -- Patella and extensor mechanism injuries -- Tibial plateau -- Tibial/fibula shaft -- Ankle fractures -- Calcaneus fractures -- Talus -- Fractures of the midfoot and forefoot -- Pediatric orthopedic surgery: general principles -- Pediatric shoulder -- Pediatric elbow -- Pediatric forearm -- Pediatric wrist and hand -- Pediatric hip -- Pediatric femoral shaft -- Pediatric knee -- Pediatric tibia and fibula -- Pediatric ankle -- Pediatric foot.
- Growth is one of the human bodys most intricate processes: each body part or region has its own unique growth patterns. Yet at the individual and population levels, growth patterns are sensitive to adverse conditions, genetic predispositions, and environmental changes. And despite the bodys capacity to compensate for these developmental setbacks, the effects may be far-reaching, even life-long. The Handbook of Growth and Growth Monitoring in Health and Disease brings this significant and complex field together in one comprehensive volume: impact of adverse variables on growth patterns; issues at different stages of prenatal development, childhood, and adolescence; aspects of catch-up growth, endocrine regulation, and sexual maturation; screening and assessment methods; and international perspectives. Tables and diagrams, applications to other areas of health and disease, and summary points help make the information easier to retain. Together, these 140 self-contained chapters in 15 sections [ok?] cover every area of human growth, including:Intrauterine growth retardation.Postnatal growth in normal and abnormal situations.Cells and growth of tissues.Sensory growth and development.Effects of disease on growth.Methods and standards for assessment of growth, and more. The Handbook of Growth and Growth Monitoring in Health and Disease is an invaluable addition to the reference libraries of a wide range of health professionals, among them health scientists, physicians, physiologists, nutritionists, dieticians, nurses, public health researchers, epidemiologists, exercise physiologists, and physical therapists. It is also useful to college-level students and faculty in the health disciplines, and to policymakers and health economists.
- Mental health services for children, adolescents, and families: trends, models, and current status / Ric G. Steele and Michael C. Roberts -- Mental health services for young children / Diane Powell and Glen Dunlap -- School psychologiy services / Steven W. Lee and T. Rene Jamison -- Providing services within a school-based intensive mental health program / Anne K. Jacobs, Camille Randall, Eric M. Vernberg, Michael C. Roberts, and Joseph E. Nye -- Inpatient pediatric consultation-liaison: applied child health psychology / Bryan D. Carter and Renee T. Van Weiss -- Mental health services for children in pediatric primary care settings / Terry Stancin -- Providing a range of services to fit the needs of youth in community mental health centers / Julianne M. Smith-Boydston -- Outpatient-private practice model / Bernadette M. Landolf -- Inpatient treatment models / Luis A Vargas and Artenio De Dios Brambila -- Child abuse prevention and intervention services / Michelle R. Kees and Barbara L. Bonner -- Services to prevent sexually transmitted diseases in adolescents / Beth A. Auslander, Mary B. Short, and Susan L. Rosenthal -- Treatment services for adolescent substance abuse / Beverly Pringle, and Jerry Flanzer -- Targeted prevention of antisocial behavior in children: the early risers "Skill for Success" program / Michael L. Bloomquist, Gerald J. August, Susanne S. Lee, Barrie E. Berquist, and Robin Mathy -- Implementing effective youth violence prevention programs in community settings / Patricia A. Graczykand Patrick H. Tolan -- Adolescent sex offender programs / William D. Murphy, Jacqueline Page, and Rebecca Ettelson -- Rural mental health services / David L. Fenell and Alan J. Hovestadt -- Mental health services for children with chronic illness / Ann M. McGrath Davis and Ngan Voung -- Psychological services for children and families who are homeless / Mary E. Walsh and Julie Heim Jackson -- Telehealth/Internet services for children, adolescents, and families / Heidi J. Liss -- Therapeutic camping programs / Keri J. Brown -- Implementation of the Felix Consent Decree in Hawaii: the impact of policy and practice development efforts on service delivery / Bruce F. Chorpita and Christina Donkervoet -- Children's services in disasters and other emergencies / Gilbert Reyes, Trisha T. Miller, Merritt D. Schreiber, and Beth Todd-Bazemore -- Program evaluation approaches in service delivery in child and family mental health / Michael C. Roberts and Ric G. Steele -- Large-scale evaluations of children's mental health services: the Ft. Bragg and Stark County studies / Leonard Bickman and Shelagh Mulvaney -- Methodological challenges in the national evaluation of the comprehenive community mental health services for children and their families program / E. Wayne Holden, Robert L. Stephens, and Rolando L. Santiago -- The future of mental health service delivery for children, adolescents, and families: an agenda for organization and research / Ric G. Steele and Michael C. Roberts.
- Handbook of pediatric autopsy pathology 2005SpringerGeneral principles -- Pediatric autopsy: fetus, newborn, and child -- Examination of the human embryo -- The placenta -- Hydrops -- Chromosomal defects -- Congenital abnormalities -- Cardiovascular system -- Respiratory system -- Gastrointestinal system -- Liver, gallbladder, biliary tract, and pancreas -- Renal system -- Male and female genitourinary systems -- Central nervous system -- Thymus, spleen, lymph nodes, and immunodeficiency -- Skeletal system -- The eye and adnexa sectioning -- Metabolic diseases -- Sudden infant death -- Pediatric forensic pathology -- Special procedures -- Infection control and biological hazards in the autopsy.
- Pathologists have long recognized that pediatric autopsy requires great care in technique and dissection to ensure that easily overlooked malformations are recognized and accurate diagnoses are made. The highly experienced authors have created a new edition of Handbook of Pediatric Autopsy Pathology, a comprehensive reference guide to the actual performance of the pediatric autopsy and the optimal recognition and interpretation of pathologic findings. The Handbook of Pediatric Autopsy Pathology, Second Edition covers the spectrum of pediatric pathology with particular reference to those conditions that can be identified at autopsy. New and updated material includes microbiological studies, particularly with the advent of newly described micro-organisms causing disease. The volume also addresses new developments in metabolic diseases, new techniques of ultrasound imaging, and specialized laboratory testing. Furthermore, the book provides a wealth of practical information and bibliographic citations throughout, new copious illustrations and line drawings, numerous standard reference tables, and appendices at the end of multiple chapters. Authored by authorities in the field, Handbook of Pediatric Autopsy Pathology, Second Edition is a valuable resource that will assist general and pediatric pathologists, neonatologists, interns and residents in training, as well as specialists in cytogenetics and ultrasound technicians in understanding the manner and cause of death in its broadest and comprehensive sense.
- With just over half a decade passing since the first edition of the Handbook of Pediatric Cardiovascular Drugs was published, it remains the only book of its nature to provide health care practitioners with a tool to safely and consistently prescribe and administer cardiovascular drugs in children with cardiac disease. In this new edition, the editors have updated this important resource in collaboration with highly reputed authors. This pocket reference handbook remains tailored to help cardiovascular practitioners meet the daily challenges of caring forpatients, from the newborn to the young adult, with cardiac disease. In addition to providing an extensive review of all cardiovascular medications, the Handbook of Pediatric Cardiovascular Drugs, 2nd Edition also discusses the information required to assist caregivers in their daily clinical practice. Physicians, fellows, residents, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, pharmacists, nurses and other practitioners alike will find this handbook to be an essential resource for drug therapy in complex and high-risk patients with acquired and congenital heart disease.
- The Epidemiology of Pediatric Chronic Pain -- The Neurobiology of Chronic Pain in Children -- Theories on Common Adolescent Pain Syndromes -- Demographics of Chronic Pain in Children -- Assessment Tools in Pediatric Chronic Pain: Reliability and Validity -- Psychiatric Considerations in Pediatric Chronic Pain -- Clinical Management of Musculoskeletal Pain Syndromes -- Functional Abdominal Pain in Children -- Chronic and Recurrent Pelvic Pain -- Etiologies and Clinical Management of Headache -- Sickle Cell Pain -- Pain Management in Pediatric Palliative Care -- Cancer-Related Pain in Childhood -- Radiological Imaging in the Management of Pediatric Pain -- Regional Anesthesia for Chronic Pain Management in Children and Adolescents -- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS) -- Physical Therapy -- The Integrative Approach for Management of Pediatric Pain Acupuncture -- Clinical Hypnosis in Children -- Pharmacology of Chronic Pain Management -- Opioid Tolerance -- Opioid Tapers -- The Role of Nurse Practitioner in Chronic Pain Management.
- Handbook of pediatric eye and systemic disease 2006Springer1 Embryology / Cynthia S. Cook, Kathleen K. Sulik, and Kenneth W. Wright - 2 Breaking the news: the role of the physician / Nancy Chernus-Mansfield -- 3 Chromosomal anomalies and the eye / J. Bronwyn Bateman -- 4 Craniofacial syndromes and malformations / Marilyn T. Miller and Anna Newlin -- 5 Connective tissue, skin, and bone disorders / Elias I. Traboulsi -- 6 Neurocutaneous syndromes / Maria A. Musarella -- 7 Metabolic diseases / Lois J. Martyn -- 8 Selected genetic syndromes with ophthalmic features / Natalie C. Kerr and Enikö Karman Pivnick -- Infectious diseases / R. Christopher Walton, Roger K. George, and Alissa A. Craft -- 10 Ocular manifestations of inherited diseases / Maya Eibschitz-Tsimhoni.
- Handbook of pediatric neuro-ophthalmology / 2006Springer1 Embryology / Cynthia S. Cook, Kathleen K. Sulik, and Kenneth W. Wright -- 2 Pediatric neuro-ophthalmology examination / Edward G. Buckley -- 3 The pediatric low-vision patient / Anne Frances Walonker -- 4 Breaking the news: the role of the physician / Anne Chernus-Mansfield -- 5 Ocular motility disorders / Mitra Maybodi, Richard W. Hertle, and Brian N. Bachynski -- 6 Congenital optic nerve abnormalities / Paul H. Phillipps and Michael C. Brodsky -- 8 Brain lesions with ophthalmologic manifestations / Michael X. Repka -- 9 Nystagmus and ocular oscillations in infancy and childhood / Richard W. Hertle -- 10 Neurodegenerative conditions of ophthalmic importance / Mark S. Borchert and Sarah Ying -- 11 Neurocranial defects with neuro-ophthalmic significance / Ronald M. Minzter and Edward G. Buckley -- 12 Management of common pediatric neuro-ophthalmology problems / James W. McManaway III and Dean J. Bonsall.
- Handbook of pediatric obesity Clinical management / 2006CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of pediatric retinal disease 2006Springer1 Pediatric visual electrophysiology / Anthony Kriss and Dorothy Thompson -- 2 The pediatric low-vision patient / Anne Frances Walonker -- 3 Breaking the news: the role of the physician / Nancy Chernus-Mansfield -- 4 Heritable disorders of RPE, Bruch's membrane / Arlene V. Drack -- 5 Retinitis pigmentosa and associated disorders / Arlene V. Drack and Alan E. Kimura -- 6 Disorders of the vitreous and vitreoretinal interface / David M. Brown and Thomas W. Weingeist -- 7 Retinal vascular disorders / Richard M. Feist, Christopher F. Blodi, and Peter H. Spiegel -- 8 Nonvascular hamartomas / Chittaranjan V. Reddy and Arlene V. Drack -- 9 Retinoblastoma and other malignant intraocular tumors / A. Linn Murphree and Laurie E. Christensen -- 10 Retinopathy of prematurity / Richard R. Ober, Earl A. Palmer, Arlene V. Drack, and Kenneth W. Wright -- 11 Infectious, inflammatory, and toxic diseases of the retina and vitreous / William L. Haynes, Jose S. Pulido, and Peter H. Spiegel l-- 12 Myopia / Arlene V. Drack -- 13 Patterns of retinal diseases in children / Arlene V. Drack.
- Handbook of pediatric strabismus and amblyopia 2006SpringerPediatric eye examination / Ann U. Stout -- 2 Anatomy and physiology of eye movements / Kenneth W. Wright -- 3 Binocular vision and introduction to strabismus / Kenneth W. Wright -- 4 Visual development and amblyopia / Kenneth W. Wright -- 5 The ocular motor examination / Kenneth W. Wright -- 6 Sensory aspects of strabismus / Kenneth W. Wright -- 7 Esodeviations / Kenneth W. Wright -- 8 Exotropia / Kenneth W. Wright -- 9 Alphabet patterns and oblique / Kenneth W. Wright -- 10 Complex strabismus: restriction, paresis, dissociated strabismus, and torticollis / Kenneth W. Wright -- 11 Strabismus surgery / Kenneth W. Wright and Pauline Hong -- 12 Ocular motility disorders / Mitra Maybodi, Richard W. Hertle, and Brian N. Bachynski -- 13 Optical pearls and pitfalls / David L. Guyton, Joseph M. Miller, and Constance W. West.
- Handbook of pediatric surgery 2010SpringerMilestones in pediatric surgery -- Fluids, electrolytes, and dehydration -- Metabolic response to injury and sepsis -- Shock -- Parenteral nutrition -- Hematology for surgeons -- Postoperative problems -- Neonatal physiology and care -- Fetal surgery: general principles -- Diaphragmatic hernia -- Esophageal atresia -- Pyloric stenosis -- Malrotation -- Intestinal atresia -- Necrotizing entercolitis -- Meconium ileus -- Hirschsprung's disease -- Anorectal malformations -- Abdominal wall defects -- Surgical neck pathology -- Developmental lung anomalies -- Gastro-esophageal reflux -- Gastrointestinal bleeding -- Acute abdomen -- Intussusception -- Appendicitis -- Rare causes of abdominal pain -- Crohn's disease -- Ulcerative colitis -- Short bowel syndrome -- Intestinal transplantation -- Vascular malformations -- Inguinal hernias and hydroceles -- The acute scrotum -- The undescended testes -- Miscellaneous problems of the male genitalia -- Miscellaneous surgical issues -- Basic pediatric laparoscopy and thoracoscopy -- Urinary tract infection -- The ureter -- Vesico-ureteric reflux -- Neurogenic bladder -- Posterior urethral valves -- Hypospadias -- Bladder exstrophy, epispadias, and cloacal exstrophy -- Disorders of sex development -- Investigation of jaundice -- Biliary atresia -- Choledochal malformations -- Gallbladder disease -- Portal hypertension -- Pancreatic disease -- Liver transplantation -- Wilms' tumor -- Liver tumors -- Neuroblastoma -- Teratomas -- Miscellaneous tumors -- Trauma management: general principles -- Abdominal trauma -- Thoracic trauma -- Basic brain injury -- Spina bifida -- Hydrocephalus.; Appendices: Reference weights and heights -- Anatomical reference -- Human developmental milestones.
- Handbook of pediatric surgical patient care 2014WorldScientificHandbook of Pediatric Surgical Patient Care focuses on the decision-making process in the overall management of the pediatric surgical patient and provides guidelines for diagnosis. The book covers topics ranging from a wide spectrum of neonatal conditions and surgical critical care to other childhood afflictions, pediatric cancer and the injured child. It also focuses on the current management of common childhood conditions including appendicitis, pyloric stenosis and hernias. The purpose of this handbook is to provide a brief, easily accessible, rapid source of contemporary information to students, residents and practitioners caring for infants and children with surgical disorders.
- Handbook of positive behavior support 2009SpringerForeword / Renée Bradley -- Introduction: Overview and history of positive behavior support / Glen Dunlap ... [et al.]. The intellectual roots of positive behavior support and their implications for its development / George H.S. Singer and Mian Wang -- Early childhood, family and community: Positive behavior support and early intervention / Glen Dunlap and Lise Fox. Toward an ecological unit of analysis in behavioral assessment and intervention with families of children with developmental disabilities / Joseph M. Lucyshyn ... [et al.]. Positive behavior support and early intervention for young children with autism : case studies on the efficacy of proactive treatment of problem behavior / Phillip S. Strain and Ilene Schwartz. Integrating a positive behavior support approach within Head Start / Andy J. Frey, Cheryl Anne Boyce, and Louisa Banks Tarullo. Empirically supported intervention practices for autism spectrum disorders in school and community settings : issues and practices / Lynn Kern Koegel, Suzanne Robinson, and Robert L. Koegel. A programwide model for supporting social emotional development and addressing challenging behavior in early childhood setting / Lise Fox and Mary Louise Hemmeter. Integrating PBS, mental health services, and family-driven care / Albert J. Duchnowski and Krista Kutash. Optimistic parenting : hope and help for parents with challenging children / V. Mark Durand ... [et al.]. Families facing extraordinary challenges in urban communities systems-level application of positive behavior support / Amy McCart ... [et al.]. Delivering behavior support in the foster care system / Kimberly Crosland ... [et al.] -- Schoolwide: Defining and describing schoolwide positive behavior support / George Sugai and Robert H. Horner. Sustainability of systems-level evidence-based practices in schools : current knowledge and future directions / Kent McIntosh, Robert H. Horner, and George Sugai. Increasing family participation through schoolwide positive behavior supports / Timothy J. Lewis. Primary-tier interventions and supports / Heather Peshak George, Don Kincaid, and Jenna Pollard-Sage. Secondary-tier interventions and supports / Leanne S. Hawken ... [et al.]. Function-based supports for individual students in school settings / Terrance M. Scott ... [et al.]. Implementation of schoolwide positive behavior support in urban settings / Robert Putnam ... [et al.]. Positive behavior support in alternative education, community-based mental health, and juvenile justice settings / C. Michael Nelson ... [et al.]. Behavior supports in nonclassroom settings / Lori Newcomer, Geoff Colvin, and Timothy J. Lewis. Facilitating academic achievement through schoolwide positive behavior support / Bob Algozzine and Kate Algozzine. Using a problem-solving model to enhance data-based decision making in schools / J. Stephen Newton ... [et al.]. Finding a direction for high school positive behavior support / Hank Bohanon ... [et al.]. Systems change and the complementary roles of in-service and preservice training in schoolwide positive behavior support / Rachel Freeman -- New directions: Sustaining positive behavior support in a context of comprehensive school reform / Wayne Sailor ... [et al.]. Completing the continuum of schoolwide positive behavior support : wraparound as a tertiary-level intervention / Lucille Eber ... [et al.]. Implementing function-based support within schoolwide positive behavior support / Cynthia M. Anderson and Terrence M. Scott. Response to intervention and positive behavior support / Wayne Sailor ... [et al.].
- Handbook of sleep medicine 2006OvidPopulations at risk for sleep disturbances / Phyllis C. Zee and Alon Y. Avidan -- Sleep-disordered breathing / Suzette Sewell-Scheuermann and Barbara A. Phillips -- Insomnia / Ruth M. Benca -- Hypersomnia and narcolepsy / Timothy F. Hoban and Ronald D. Chervin -- Motor disorders of sleep and parasomnias / Alon Y. Avidan -- Circadian rhythm sleep disorders / Brandon S. Lu, Prasanth Manthena, and Phyllis C. Zee -- Sleep disorders in children / Judith Anne Owens and Katherine Finn Davis.
- Genetics of eye disease / Terri L. Young -- Neonatal ophthalmology : ocular development in childhood / Kammi B. Gunton -- Retinopathy of prematurity / James D. Reynolds -- The pediatric eye examination / Gregory Ostrow and Laura Kirkeby -- Refraction in infants and children / Michael X. Repka and David L. Guyton -- Amblyopia / Evelyn A. Paysse, David K. Coats, and Timothy P. Lindquist -- Sensory adaptations in strabismus / Bruce Schnall -- Strabismus disorders / Scott E. Oltisky and Leonard B. Nelson -- Conjunctival diseases / Rudolph S. Wagner -- Diseases of the cornea / Jagadesh C. Reddy and Christopher J. Rapuano -- Pediatric cataracts and lens anomalies / Denise Hug -- Glaucoma in infants and children / Nandini G. Gandhi and Sharon F. Freedman -- Pediatric uveitis / Grace T. Liu and Alex V. Levin -- Diseases of the retina and vitreous / James F. Vander -- Congenital abnormalities of the optic disc / Brown -- Disorders of the lacrimal apparatus in infancy and childhood / Donald P. Sauberan -- Pediatric eyelid disorders / Forrest J. Ellis -- Disorders of the orbit / David B. Lyon -- Ocular tumors of childhood / Carol L. Shields and Jerry A. Shields -- Systemic hamartomasoses ("phakomatoses") / Carol L. Shields and Jerry A. Shields -- Ocular abnormalities in childhood metabolic disorders / Avery H. Weiss -- Pediatric neuroophthalmology / Andrew G. Lee -- Nystagmus / Mitchell B. Strominger -- Occular trauma and its prevention / Robert A. Catalano.
- Harriet Lane handbook a manual for pediatric house officers. Twentieth edition [20th ed.]. 2015ClinicalKey
- Infectious agents and drugs of choice / Julia A. McMillan, Julia A. McMillan and George K. Siberry -- Recommended empiric antimicrobial therapy for selected clinical syndromes / Hiwot Hiruy, Swathi Gowtham, and Paul Sue -- Drug dosing in special circumstances / Angela Helder, Elizabeth A. Sinclair, and Carlton K.K. Lee -- Mechanisms of action and routes of administration of antimicrobial agents / Karen C. Carroll -- Mechanisms of drug resistance / Karen C. Carroll -- Therapeutic drug monitoring / Kristine A. Parbuoni and Carlton K.K. Lee -- Adverse drug reactions / Melissa D. Makii and Carlton K.K. Lee -- Recommended antimicrobial prophylaxis for selected infectious agents and conditions / Julia A. McMillan and George K. Siberry -- Antimicrobial desensitization protocols / Lisa A. Degnan and Carlton K.K. Lee -- Formulary / Carlton K.K. Lee.
- Heart diseases in children a pediatrician's guide 2011SpringerCardiac History and Physical Examination -- Cardiac Interpretation of Pediatric Chest X-Ray -- Electrocardiography -- Approach and Interpretation -- Pediatric Echocardiography -- Cardiac Catheterization in Children: Diagnosis and Therapy -- Atrial Septal Defect -- Ventricular Septal Defect -- Patent Ductus Arteriosus -- Atrioventricular Canal Defect -- Pulmonary Stenosis -- Aortic Stenosis -- Coarctation of the Aorta -- Tetralogy of Fallot -- Double Outlet Right Ventricle -- Transposition of the Great Arteries -- Pulmonary Atresia with Intact Ventricular Septum -- Pulmonary Atresia with Ventricular Septal Defect -- Tricuspid Atresia -- Total Anomalous Pulmonary Venous Return -- Truncus Arteriosus -- Single Ventricle -- Complex Cyanotic Congenital Heart Disease: The Heterotaxy Syndromes -- Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome -- Ebstein's Anomaly -- Vascular Rings -- Congenital Abnormalities of Coronary Arteries -- Rheumatic Fever and Rheumatic Heart Disease -- Kawasaki Disease -- Infective Endocarditis -- Myocarditis -- Cardiomyopathy -- Cardiac Arrhythmias -- Hypertension -- Syncope -- Chest Pain -- Innocent Heart Murmurs -- Obesity and Dyslipidemia.
- Helminth control in school-age children a guide for managers of control programmes.. 2nd ed. 2011WHO
- Hematology, immunology and infectious disease neonatology questions and controversies. 2nd ed. 2012ScienceDirectUpdated information on stem cells for the neonatologist -- Current issues in the pathogenesis, diagnosis, and treatment of neonatal thrombocytropenia -- Role of recombinant leukocyte colony-stimulating factors in the neonatal intensive care unit -- Nonhematopoietic effects of erythropoietin -- Why, when, and how should we provide red cell transfusions and erythropoiesis-stimulating agents to support red cell mass in neonates? -- Diagnosis and treatment of immune-mediated and non-immune-mediated hemolytic disease of the newborn -- Hematology and immunology: coagulation disorders -- A practical approach to the neutropenic neonate -- What evidence supports dietary interventions to prevent infant food hypersensitivity and allergy? -- Maternally mediated nenonatal autoimmunity -- CMV: diagnosis, treatment, and considerations on vaccine-mediated prevention -- Neonatal T cell immunity and its regulation by innate immunity and dendritic cells -- Breast milk and viral infection -- Probiotics for the prevention of necrotizing enterocolitis in preterm neonates -- The ureplasma conundrum: should we look or ignore? -- Control of antibiotic-resistant bacteria in the neonatal intensive care unit -- Neonatal fungal infections -- The use of biomarkers for detection of early-and late-onset neonatal sepsis -- Chorioamnionitis and its effects on the fetus/neonate: emerging issues and controversies.
- Neonatal hemodynamics -- Principles of developmental cardiovascular physiology and pathophysiology -- Principles of developmental cardiovascular physiology and pathophysiology -- Autoregulation of vital and nonvital organ blood flow in the preterm and term neonate -- Definition of normal blood pressure range: the elusive target -- Diagnosis of neonatal shock: methods and their clinical applications -- Methods to assess systemic and organ blood flow in the neonate -- Functional echocardiography in the neonatal intensive care unit -- Assessment of cardiac output in neonates: techniques using the Fick principle, pulse wave form analysis, and electrical impedance -- Near-infrared spectroscopy and its use for the assessment of tissue perfusion in the neonate -- Clinical applications of near-infrared spectroscopy in neonates -- Advanced magnetic neuroimaging techniques in the neonate with a focus on hemodynamic-related brain injury -- Cardiovascular magnetic resonance in the study of neonatal hemodynamics -- Assessment of the microcirculation in the neonate -- Clinical presentations and relevance of neonatal shock -- Clinical presentations of neonatal shock: the very low birth-weight neonate during the first postnatal day -- Very low birth weight neonate with hemodynamically significant ductus arteriosus during the first postnatal week -- Preterm neonate with cardiovascular and adrenal insufficiency -- Shock in the surgical neonate -- Hemodynamics and brain injury in the preterm neonate -- Fetal and neonatal cardiology -- Embryonic and fetal development -- Genetics of fetal and neonatal cardiovascular disease -- Human cardiac development in the first trimester -- Reappraisal of normal and abnormal cardiac development -- Fetal and neonatal cardiology -- New concepts for training the pediatric cardiology workforce of the future -- Current role of fetal echocardiography -- Clinical evaluation of cardiovascular unction in the human fetus -- Cardiac surgery in the neonate with congenital heart disease -- Regional blood flow monitoring in the perioperative period -- Mechanical pump support and cardiac transplant in the neonate -- Catheter-based therapy in the neonate with congenital heart disease -- Hybrid management techniques in the treatment of the neonate with congenital heart disease.
- Hinman's Atlas of pediatric urologic surgery. 2nd ed. 2009ClinicalKeyPreoperative Evaluation -- Preparation for Surgery -- Intraoperative Monitoring -- Operative Management -- Postoperative Care and Pain Management -- Perioperative Techniques -- Laparoscopic Techniques in Children -- Selection of the Incision -- Anterior Subcostal Incision -- Anterior Transverse (Chevron) Incision -- Midline Transperitoneal Incision -- Subcostal Incision -- Transcostal Incision -- Supracostal Incision -- Dorsal Lumbotomy -- Repair of Pleural Tear -- Splenorrhaphy and Splenectomy -- Repair of Flank Incisional Hernia -- Laparoscopic Renal Surgery -- Introduction to Kidney Reconstruction -- Pyeloureteroplasty -- Nephrostomy -- Ureterostomy in Situ -- Open Renal Biopsy -- Repair of Renal Injuries -- Simple Nephrectomy -- Partial Nephrectomy -- Pediatric Heminephrectomy -- Radical Nephrectomy -- Excision of Wilms' Tumor -- Renal Transplant Recipient -- Living Donor Nephrectomy -- Preparation and Approaches to Adrenal Surgery -- Surgical Approaches to the Adrenals -- Excision of Neuroblastoma -- Introduction to Ureteroneocystostomy -- Transvesical Advancement Technique -- Distal Tunnel Reimplantation -- Transtrigonal Technique -- Sheath Approximation Technique -- Extravesical Trough Technique -- Detrusorrhaphy (Modifications of the Lich-Gregoir Technique) -- Laparoscopic Extravesical Ureteroneocystostomy (Lich-Gregoir Adaptation) -- External Tunnel Method -- Revision Transplant Ureter -- Endoscopic Reflux Correction -- Ureteroneocystostomy with Tailoring -- Ureteral Tailoring (Folding) Technique -- Ureteroneocystostomy for Duplicated Ureters -- Ureteroureterostomy for Duplicated Ureters -- Ureteropyelostomy -- Transureteroureterostomy -- Transureteroureterostomy with Cutaneous Stoma -- Calycoureterostomy -- Ileal Ureteral Replacement -- Ureterocele Repair -- Endoscopic Ureterocele Decompression -- Psoas Hitch Procedure -- Bladder Flap Repair -- Renal Autotransplantation -- Ventriculoureteral Shunt -- Lower Midline Extraperitoneal Incision -- Lower Abdominal Transverse Incision -- Gibson Incision -- Mobilization of the Omentum -- Posterior Midline Approach to the Bladder Neck -- Pubovaginal Sling -- Trigonal Tubularization -- Vesical Neck Tubularization -- Intravesical Urethral Lengthening -- Bladder Neck Wraps -- Insertion of Artificial Sphincter -- Closure of Vesical Neck -- Vesical Exstrophy Primary Complete Closure -- Modern Staged Reconstruction for Vesical Exstrophy -- Plastic Correction of Exstrophy Suprapubic Defect -- Umbilicoplasty -- Cloacal Repair -- Cloacal Exstrophy -- Prune-Belly Syndrome: Reduction Cystoplasty, Abdominal Repair, and Umbilicoplasty -- Closure of Rectourethral Fistula -- Excision of Urachus -- Introduction to Noncontinent Diversion -- Suprapubic Cystostomy -- Pediatric Vesicostomy -- Fetal Intervention Vesicoamniotic Shunt -- Cutaneous Ureterostomy, Transureteroureterostomy, and Pyelostomy -- Transverse Colon Conduit -- Ureteroileostomy (Ileal Conduit) -- Introduction to Catheterizable Channels -- Appendicovesicostomy -- Ileovesicostomy -- Continent Vesicostomy -- Malone Antegrade Continence Enema -- Colon Flap Continence Channel -- Introduction to Bladder Augmentation -- Ileocystoplasty -- T-Pouch Hemi-Kock Procedure -- Colocystoplasty and Sigmoidocystoplasty -- Gastrocystoplasty -- Ureterocystoplasty -- Autoaugmentation -- Introduction to Continent Urinary Diversion -- Ileal Cecal Colonic Reservoir -- Ileal Reservoir with Ileal Catheterizable Channel -- Ureterosigmoidostomy -- Testis Biopsy -- Inguinal Orchiopexy (Open Technique) -- Scrotal Orchiopexy -- Orchiopexy for Abdominal Testes -- High Ligation Orchiopexy -- Low Ligation Orchiopexy -- Redo Orchiopexy -- Microvascular Orchiopexy -- Laparoscopic Orchiopexy Techniques -- Simple Orchiectomy -- Laparoscopic Orchiectomy -- Radical Orchiectomy -- Reduction of Testicular Torsion -- Repair of Testicular Injury -- Insertion of Testicular Prosthesis -- Inguinal Hernia Repair -- Correction of Hydrocele -- Introduction to Varicocele Ligation -- Subinguinal Varicocelectomy -- Abdominal and Inguinal Approaches to Varicocele Ligation -- Laparascopic Varicocelectomy -- Introduction to Hypospadias Repair -- Vascularized Pedicle Flaps -- Bladder Epithelial Grafts -- Buccal Mucosal Graft -- Preputial Skin Graft -- Penile Curvature -- Dorsal Tunica Albuginea Plication (TAP Procedure) and Elliptical Excision Technique -- Dermal Graft -- Glansplasty -- Skin Coverage -- Meatoplasty and Glanuloplasty (MAGPI Repair) -- Glans Approximation Procedure -- Pyramid Procedure for Repair of the Megameatus: Intact Prepuce Hypospadias Variant -- Perimeatal-Based Flap Repair -- Balanitic Groove Hypospadias Repair -- Transverse Preputial Onlay Island Flap -- Tubularized Plate Urethroplasty -- Incision of the Urethral Plate (Snodgrass Modification) -- Transverse Tubularized Preputial Island Flap -- Onlay Urethroplasty with Parameatal Foreskin Flap -- Free Tube Graft -- Two-Stage Primary Skin Repair -- Two-Stage Revision Buccal Mucosa Hypospadias Repair -- Penoscrotal Transposition Repair -- Foreskin Preservation -- Closure of Urethrocutaneous Fistula -- Excision of Male Urethral Diverticulum -- Meatotomy -- Circumcision -- Repair of Circumcision Injuries -- Concealed (Buried) and Webbed Penis -- Penile Torsion -- Epispadias Repair: Penile Disassembly -- Epispadias Repair -- Introduction to Genital Repair in Patients with Disorders of Sex Development -- Vaginoplasty -- Vaginoplasty Using Urogenital Sinus -- Clitoroplasty -- Vaginal Reconstruction: Skin Inlay -- Sigmoid Vaginal Reconstruction -- Thigh Flap Vagina and Tissue Expansion -- Repair of Penile Injuries -- Construction of the Penis -- Female Urethrovaginal Fistula -- Female Urethral Construction -- Urethral Prolapse -- Posterior Urethral Valves -- Excision of Utricular (Mullerian Duct) Cyst.
- Hirschsprung's disease and allied disorders. 3rd ed. 2008Springer
- History of the Avon Longitudinal Study of Parents and Children (ALSPAC), c. 1980-2000 the transcript of a Witness Seminar held by the History of Modern Biomedicine Research Group, Queen Mary, University of London, on 24 May 2011 2012Wellcome Trust
- Section 1. Isolated pediatric eye disorders -- Section 2. Ocular manifestations of systemic disease.
- Hot topics in infection and immunity in children. IX 2013Springer
- Hurwitz Clinical pediatric dermatology a textbook of skin disorders of childhood and adolescence. 4th ed. 2011ClinicalKeyOverview of dermatologic diagnosis -- Cutaneous disorders of the newborn -- Eczematous eruptions in childhood -- Papulosquamous and related disorders -- Hereditary disorders of cornification -- Hereditary disorders of the dermis -- Disorders of hair and nails -- Disorders of the sebaceous and sweat glands -- Cutaneous tumors and tumor syndromes -- Histiocytoses and malignant skin diseases -- Disorders of pigmentation -- Vascular disorders of infancy and childhood -- Bullous disorders of childhood -- Bacterial, mycobacterial, and protozoal infections of the skin -- Viral diseases of the skin -- Exanthematous diseases of childhood -- Skin disorders due to fungi -- Infestations, bites, and stings -- Photosensitivity and photoreactions -- Hypersensitivity syndromes -- Vasculitic disordes -- Collagen vascular disorders -- Endocrine disorders and the skin -- Inborn errors of metabolism -- Skin signs of other systemic diseases -- Abuse and factitial disorders.
- Identifying, assessing, and treating ADHD at school 2009SpringerADHD is the most commonly diagnosed childhood behavioral disorder. Moreover, many students receiving special education assistance are reported to have ADHD. This book offers guidance on conducting psycho educational assessments of children with ADHD. It is suitable for school psychologists, and mental health professionals.
- "As many as one in four children experiences problems with reading. Dyslexia, the most common learning disability leads to well-documented negative effects on school and, ultimately, adult success. Therefore, it is critical that school professionals provide early and effective assessment and intervention. This volume equips practitioners with in-depth understanding of the disorder and a wealth of practical information for meeting student needs." "As the duties of school psychologists and related education professionals become more complex, recognizing and providing services for students with learning disorders has become progressively more demanding. Identifying, Assessing, and Treating Dyslexia at School offers practitioners an accessible and easy-to-read reference that they will use for years to come."--BOOK JACKET.
- Illustrated guide to pediatric surgery 2014SpringerWritten in a simple point by point style for ease of use, this volume covers all aspects of pediatric surgery with emphasis on important points for diagnosis and management. Each chapter covers a topic with emphasis on the most common conditions in neonatal and general pediatric surgery. The text is well illustrated with clinical, operative, radiological, and histopathological color figures and illustrations. The book also presents some of the rare conditions encountered in pediatric surgery, as well as common pediatric urology conditions. An Illustrated Guide to Pediatric Surgery is a useful reference to pediatric surgeons, specialists, fellows and residents, as well as general surgeons, pediatricians, neonatologists, medical students and interns interested in pediatric surgery.
- Illustrated textbook of paediatrics. 4th ed. 2012ClinicalKeyChild in society -- History and examination -- Normal child development, hearing and vision -- Developmental problems and the child with special needs -- Care of the sick child -- Paediatric emergencies -- Accidents, poisoning and child protection -- Genetics -- Perinatal medicine -- Neonatal medicine -- Growth and puberty -- Nutrition -- Gastroenterology -- Infection and immunity -- Allergy -- Respiratory disorders -- Cardiac disorders -- Kidney and urinary tract disorders -- Genitalia -- Liver disorders -- Malignant disease -- Haematological disorders -- Emotions and behaviour -- Skin disorders -- Endocrine and metabolic disorders -- Musculoskeletal disorders -- Neurological disorders -- Adolescent medicine.
- Imaging endocrine diseases in children 2012SpringerImaging Endocrine "Diseases" in the Fetus / F. E. Avni, F. Rypens, M. Cassart -- Hypophysis and Hypothalamus / Pierre Bessou, Sylviane Hanquinet -- Imaging of the Thyroid and Parathyroid Gland / Rick R. van Rijn, Hein J. Verberne -- Adrenals / Anne M. J. B. Smets, Eline E. Deurloo -- Ambiguous Genitalia / Cinzia Orazi, Marco Cappa, Paolo M. S. Schingo -- Female Pelvis: Precocious Puberty--Primary Amenorrhea / Laurent Garel -- Imaging Endocrine Diseases in Children / K. Rosendahl -- Pancreas / Philippe Petit.
- Imaging in pediatric pulmonology 2012SpringerImaging in Pediatric Pulmonology is a definitive reference to imaging and differential diagnosis for pediatric pulmonology. Diseases and disorders seen in everyday clinical practice are featured, including infections, developmental disorders, airway abnormalities, diffuse lung diseases, focal lung diseases, and lung tumors. Organized to support the clinical thought process, the text begins with a series of clinical algorithms that provide a starting point for formulating a diagnosis. The physician will be able to identify the differentials by symptom complex and accordingly determine what test would be effective and how to proceed. The balance of the book is image-based and presents a comprehensive, multi-modality approach, with an emphasis on plain film and cross-sectional imaging. The imaging sections are correlated with pathology and clinical findings to help readers learn what the modality of choice can enable them to see. Edited by Robert H. Cleveland, MD, Professor of Radiology at Harvard Medical School and Chief of the Division of Diagnostic Radiology at Children's Hospital Boston, the book includes a talented group of associate editors and contributing authors who are noted experts in pathology, pulmonology, and radiology, making Imaging in Pediatric Pulmonology an ideal reference for all physicians involved in the diagnosis and treatment of pediatric pulmonary issues.
- Diagnostic imaging techniques -- Embryology of the female reproductive tract -- Disorders of sex development -- Gynaecological disorders in the neonate and young child -- Structural abnormalities of the female reproductive tract -- Normal growth and puberty -- Delayed precocious puberty -- Menstrual disorders and vaginal discharge -- Gynaecological causes of pelvic pain -- Gynaecological neoplasia -- Breast disorders -- Index.
- Imaging of pediatric bone and joint trauma 2011Springer
- Imaging of the cervical spine in children. 2nd ed. 2013SpringerDevelopmental Anatomy -- Normal Variations -- Anomalies -- Anomalies and Normal Variations of the Dens -- Trauma -- Miscellaneous Cervical Spine Problems.
- Imaging trauma and polytrauma in pediatric patients 2015SpringerThis book provides a detailed and comprehensive overview of the role of diagnostic imaging in the assessment and management of trauma and polytrauma in children. The coverage includes imaging of injuries to the head, thorax, abdomen, bone and musculoskeletal system, with careful attention to the newest imaging techniques, imaging during the course of recovery, and imaging of complications. A series of illustrative cases underline the prognostic value of imaging. In addition, an individual chapter is devoted to diagnostic imaging in cases of child abuse. The book concludes by discussing informed consent and medicolegal issues related to the imaging of pediatric traumatic emergencies. Imaging Trauma and Polytrauma in Pediatric Patients will be invaluable in enabling radiologists and clinicians to identify the main features and signs of injuries on a wide range of imaging techniques, including X-ray, ultrasonography, computed tomography, and magnetic resonance imaging.
- Growth and later health : a general perspective / Lucas, A -- Early infancy as a critical period for development of obesity and related conditions / Gillman, M.W -- Leptin, nutrition, and the programming of hypothalamic feeding circuits / Bouret, S.G -- Early growth and ageing / Chen, J.-H., Cottrell, E.C., Ozanne, S. -- Does early growth affect long-term risk factors for cardiovascular disease? / Singhal, A. -- Developing world perspective : the importance of growth for short-term health / Adair, L.S. -- Postnatal growth and development in the preterm and small for gestational age infant / Cooke, R.J. -- Interrelationship between growth and development in low and middle income countries / Martorell, R., Nguyen, P. -- Role of long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids in neurodevelopment and growth / Makrides M., Gibson, R.A. -- Growth and development of the brain and impact on cognitive outcomes / Hüppi, P. -- Benefits and harms of iron supplementation in iron-deficient and iron-sufficient children / Domell'f, M. -- Effects of selective dropout on infant growth standards / Van Buuren, S. -- The 2000 centers for disease control and prevention growth charts : several insights after 8 years / Ogden, C.L. ... [et al.] -- Growth charts compared / Ziegler, E.E., Nelson, S.E. -- Body composition in infancy : impact on health later in life / Ellis, K.J. -- Endocrinology of growth / Rosenfeld, R.G.
- Infant feeding beliefs and practices across cultures: an introduction -- Managing the lactating body: the breastfeeding project in the age of anxiety -- Attitudes to breastfeeding -- The imperative to breastfeed: an Australian perspective -- Infant feeding and the problems of policy -- Shifting identities: social and cultural factors that shape decision-making around sustaining breastfeeding -- Breastfeeding under the blanket: exploring the tensions between health and social attitudes to breastfeeding in the United States, Ireland, and the United Kingdom -- Breastfeeding beliefs and practices among employed women: a Thai cultural perspective -- Good mothers and infant feeding practices among women in Northern Thailand -- Breastfeeding in sub-Saharan Africa: still the best despite the risk of HIV -- Infant feeding in the era of HIV: challenges and opportunities -- Facing competing cultures of breastfeeding: the experience of HIV-positive women in Burkina Faso -- Fluid boundaries: multiple meanings of the illness 'moto' in Northern Malawi -- From traditional to optimal breastfeeding practices: selected cases from Central and Southern Africa -- Hoki kit e ukaipo: reinstating Maori infant care practices to increase breastfeeding rates -- Infant feeding in indigenous Australian communities -- Breastfeeding, vertical disease transmission and the volition of medicines in Malawi -- Infant feeding beliefs and practices in Islamic societies: focusing on rural Turkey -- Early initiation of breastfeeding and its beneficial effects in Japan -- Socio-cultural factors influencing feeding patterns within 6 months postpartum in rural Vietnam -- Infant feeding following migration: attitudes and practices of women born in Turkey and Vietnam after migration to Australia.
- Print Material
- Instant work-ups-- a clinical guide to pediatrics 2010ClinicalKeyInstant Workups: Clinical Guide to Pediatrics, by Theodore X. O'Connell, MD, is a portable pocket resource and quick refresher that helps you develop and refine your diagnostic skills. Practical and easy to use, it provides clear workup plans for the most common pediatric conditions, providing you with quick, focused guidance with the flexibility to adapt to each unique patient. Topics are organized alphabetically and cover the signs, symptoms, and abnormal lab readings for each condition. Replace information taken from memory or multiple references with one concise, indispensable book so you can make accurate diagnoses in less time! Covers the most commonly encountered pediatric conditions to provide you with a practical and useful manual for daily practice. Reflects how a patient actually presents with an organization by presenting sign, symptom, or lab abnormality. Includes a brief background discussion on each topic, followed by lists of important related materials (such as medications that may contribute to each condition) and laboratory and/or radiographic tests to be ordered. Describes each diagnostic test so you can refresh or familiarize yourself with the purpose of the test. Provides a sound framework for building a workup with algorithms for each topic.
- Integrative pediatric oncology 2012SpringerThis practice-oriented handbook covers complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) practices in pediatric oncology worldwide, with a focus on methods used in Western countries. Provides a road map for establishing integrative pediatric oncology worldwide.
- Is soccer bad for children's heads? summary of the IOM Workshop on Neuropsychological Consequences of Head Impact in Youth Soccer 2002NAP
- Issues in complementary feeding 2007KargerBreastfeeding and complementary feeding of children up to 2 years of age / K.H. Brown -- Does breastfeeding protect from growth acceleration and later obesity? / A. Singhal -- Later effects of breastfeeding practice: the evidence / D. Turck -- Traditional foods vs. manufactured baby foods / E.L. Ferguson, N. Darmon -- Potential contaminants in the food chain: identification, prevention and issue management / F.P. Scanlan -- The microbiological risk / L. Morelli -- Cereal fortification programs in developing countries / S. Bulusu ... [et al.] -- Processed infant cereals as vehicles of functional components / M. Domelléf, C. West -- Functional ingredients in the complementary feeding period and long-term effects / C. Agostoni, E. Riva, M. Giovannini -- The influence of gluten: weaning recommendations for healthy children and children at risk for celiac disease / S. Guandalini -- Allergic infants: growth and implications while on exclusion diets / K. Laitinen, E. Isolauri -- Weaning infants with malnutrition, including HIV / N.W. Solomons -- Adverse effects of cow's milk in infants / E.E. Ziegler -- Whole cow's milk: why, what and when? / K.F. Michaelsen ... [et al.] -- Meat as an early complementary food for infants: implications for macro- and micronutrient intakes / N.F. Krebs -- Functional fermented milk products / O. Brunser, M. Gotteland, S. Cruchet.
- Joint imaging in childhood and adolescence 2013SpringerSince the advent of cross-sectional imaging methods, few works have been devoted to pediatric musculoskeletal imaging, and information is especially limited on the skeletally immature joint. Furthermore, reduced emphasis on pediatric training means that general radiologists are increasingly unfamiliar with normal and abnormal imaging findings in children and adolescents. Knowledge of the imaging appearances of the immature joint is, however, crucial for correct image interpretation. This book covers key selected topics in the imaging evaluation of the skeletally immature joint. The opening chapters consider the current role, advantages, and limitations of each modality in pediatric assessment and present the imaging appearances of anatomic and developmental peculiarities of the growing skeleton. Findings in a wide range of important conditions are then described in a series of richly illustrated chapters that document appearances on diverse imaging studies, from conventional radiography through to modern high-tech modalities. By presenting the essential information on imaging of the immature joint, the authors hope to provide radiologists (musculoskeletal specialists and generalists alike) with a new tool that will assist greatly in overcoming the daily challenges posed by interpretation of pediatric examinations in the twenty-first century. The book will also be of interest to all other specialists involved in the diagnosis and treatment of children and adolescents with articular complaints.
- Kidney and urinary tract diseases in the newborn 2014SpringerEmbryology of the Urinary Tract -- Normal Development of Renal Function of the Newborn -- Fluid and Electrolytes in the Newborn -- Special Considerations -- Tools for the Assessment of Renal Function in the Newborn -- Oral and Parenteral Nutrition of the Newborn with Urinary Tract Disease -- Fetal Urology -- Imaging of the Urinary Tract in Newborns -- Urinary Tract Infections -- Hydronephrosis -- Posterior Urethral Valves -- Prune Belly Syndrome -- Structural Abnormalities of the External Genitalia and Urinary Tract -- Structural Abnormalities of the kidney and Ureter -- Neonatal Tumors involving the Urinary Tract -- Cystic Kidney Disease -- Congenital Nephrotic Syndrome -- Acute Kidney Injury -- Renal Replacement Therapy in the Neonate -- Neonatal Hypertension -- Electrolyte Abnormalities in the Newborn.
- Klaus & Fanaroff's Care of the high-risk neonate. 6th ed. 2013ClinicalKeyThis neonatology reference thoroughly covers the new guidelines, equipment, drugs, and treatments that have greatly increased the chance of survival for high-risk infants. Expert contributors deliver the information you need to stay on top of the technological and medical advances in this challenging field. New to this edition: Get fast access to need-to-know information on drugs used in the NICU, normal values, and much more in the fully updated appendices. Keep your knowledge up to date with expanded coverage of evidence-based medicine and the role of networks in generating evidence. Stay current with all aspects of neonatal care, including resuscitation, transport, nutrition, respiratory problems and assisted ventilation, and organ-specific care.
- Laparoscopy in children. 2nd ed. 2013SpringerWhen Laparoscopy in Children was first published in 2003, it quickly became popular with pediatric surgeons worldwide owing to its clear schematic drawings and concise text. This new edition has been revised and enlarged to cover the new procedures and other advances that have emerged in the intervening period, during which the number of operations has almost doubled. Now, the vast majority of indications for laparoscopy in children are presented and discussed. Each operation is systematically described and illustrated step by step, providing the reader with the technical guidelines required to perform laparoscopy safely even in small children. Laparoscopy in Children will be an invaluable guide for all surgeons who perform, or plan to perform, such operations.
- Learning pediatric imaging 100 essential cases 2011SpringerTumoral neurology [cases]: Pilocytic astrocytoma -- Pilomyxoid astrocytoma -- Ependymoma -- Infrequent presentation of medulloblastoma -- Brainstem tumors -- Choroid plexus tumors -- Atypical teratoid/rhabdoid tumor of the CNS -- Glioblastoma -- Rhabdomyosarcoma -- Pineoblastoma -- Tumoral and non-tumoral neurology [cases]: Nasal chondromesenchymal hamartoma -- Pleomorphic xanthoastrocytoma -- Desmoplastic infantile ganglioglioma -- Dysembryoplastic neuroepithelial tumor of the pellucidum (DNET SP) -- CNS langerhans cell histiocytosis -- Hemangioma of infancy -- Vascular lesion of the face -- Retinoblastoma -- Tuberous sclerosis -- Neurofibromatosis type 1 -- Non-tumoral neurology [cases]: Acute disseminated encephalomyelitis -- Multiple sclerosis -- Posterior reversible encephalopathy syndrome -- Focal cortical dysplasia -- CNS takayasu arteritis -- Premamilar ventriculostomy -- Bilateral cystic microphthalmia (Bilateral cystic eye) -- Tuberculous meningitis -- Spinal epidural abscess -- Mitochondrial myopathy, encephalopathy, lactic acidosis, and stoke (MELAS) syndrome -- Thorax [cases]: Parapneumonic pleural effusion -- Primary pulmonary tuberculosis -- Viral infections -- Pulmonary aspergillosis -- Cystic fibrosis -- Cystic pleuropulmonary blastoma -- Endobronchial tumor: mucoepidermoid carcinoma -- Pulmonary artery sling -- Partial anomalous pulmonary venous return -- Coarctation of the aorta -- Non-tumoral abdomen [cases]: Intussusception -- Hypertrophic pyloric stenosis -- Mesenteric lymphadenopathy in children -- Acute appendiciis -- Inflammatory bowel disease -- Pancreatic trauma -- Focal nodular hyperplasia -- Ascariasis -- Congenital imperforate hymen with hydrocolpos -- Intrauterine spermatic cord torsion -- Tumoral abdomen [cases]: Neuroblastoma -- Hepatoblastoma -- Infantile hemangioendothelioma of the liver -- Endodermal sinus tumors (Yolk sac tumors) -- Adrenocortical tumors -- Hodgkin's lymphoma -- Non-Hodgkin lymphoma -- Hepatosplenic candidiasis in acute lymphoblastic leukemia -- Cystic testicular teratoma -- Ovarian tumor (Yolk sac tumor) -- Genitourinary [cases]: Wilms' tumor -- Fetal rhabdomyomatous nephroblastoma -- Mesoblastic nephroma -- Malignant rhabdoid tumor of the kidney -- Megacystis-microcolon-intestinal hypoperistalsis -- Ossifying renal tumor of infancy -- Xanthogranulomatous pyelonephritis -- Ureteral duplications -- Renal trauma -- Renal candidiasis -- Musculoskeletal [cases]: Legg-calve-perthes disease -- Perisciatic pyomyositis -- Chronic recurrent multifocal osteomyelitis -- Spondylodiscitis -- Septic arthritis of the hip -- Lipoblastoma -- Osteosarcoma -- Ewing's sarcoma -- Lumbar Ewing's sarcoma -- Granulocytic sarcoma -- Neonatal [cases]: Surfactant deficiency disease -- Bronchogenic cyst -- Localized persistent pulmonary interstitial emphysema -- Posthemorrhagic hydrocephalus in the preterm infant -- Hypoxoic-ischemic encephalopathy -- Cerebral sinovenous thrombosis in neonates -- Disseminated cerebral candidiasis in preterm infants -- Necrotizing enterocolitis -- Midgut volvulus -- Portal calcification seondary to umbilical vein catheterization -- Fetal [cases]: Fetal open-lip schizencephaly -- Classic lissencephaly -- Fetal thyrocervical teratoma -- Congenital cystic andemoatoid malformation, type II -- Congenital diaphragmatic hernia -- Multicystic dysplasia of the kidney -- Fetal posterior urethral valves -- Fetal jejunal atresia -- Prune belly syndrome (Eagle-Barrett syndrome) -- Gastroschisis.
- Life with epidermolysis bullosa (EB) etiology, diagnosis, multidisciplinary care, and therapy 2009Springer
- Lovell and Winter's pediatric orthopaedics editors, Stuart L. Weinstine and John M. (Jack) Flynn.. 7th ed. 2014Ovid"Now in its updated Seventh Edition, Lovell and Winter's Pediatric Orthopaedics remains a must-have for physicians and residents treating infants, children, and adolescents with orthopaedic problems. This classic, comprehensive reference covers the basic science, clinical manifestations, and management of orthopaedic problems in children. Now in full color, the foremost orthopaedists examine normal musculoskeletal development and the causes, diagnosis, and treatment of the entire range of abnormalities, with emphasis on evidence-based decision making in treatment selection. The clinical chapters include pearls and pitfalls and a description of the author's preferred approach. The book will now cover surgical techniques of management with step-by-step illustrations from the Atlas of Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgery."-- Provided by publisher.
- Management of functional gastrointestinal disorders in children biopsychosocial concepts for clinical practice 2014SpringerManagement of Functional Gastrointestinal Disorders in Children presents biopsychosocial theory with respect to six groups of functional disorders: disorders of elimination, vomiting disorders, abdominal pain, infant colic, chronic non-specific diarrhea of infants and toddlers, and failure to thrive. It illustrates, through numerous clinical examples, concepts of management developed during 45 years of practice. A satisfactory clinical outcome for pediatric gastrointestinal disorders often depends on the clinician's ability to discern not only the biological factors in illness, but also the unique cognitive and emotional needs that patients bring to the task of healing. This book provides guidelines for integrating the biopsychosocial model, an approach that has been under-emphasized in the literature until now. It includes naturalistic descriptions of functional gastrointestinal disorders, clinical goals, and the theoretical bases for management techniques. Offering numerous real-world examples and tips, this book serves as a valuable resource for pediatricians, family practitioners, pediatric mental health practitioners, pediatric nurse practitioners, as well as pediatric gastroenterologists.
- Management of pediatric obesity and diabetes 2011SpringerThe twin epidemics of obesity and type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM) continue to affect an ever increasing number of children, adolescents, and young adults. Management of Pediatric Obesity and Diabetes provides healthcare trainees and professionals with practical, comprehensive, and contemporary approaches to the pediatric patient at risk for obesity, T2DM, and related conditions. A unique guide on the subject, this volume provides clinical paradigms for diagnosis and management of pediatric T2DM and related conditions, while succinctly describing state-of-the-art basic and clinical sciences underlying these problems. The chapters in this volume are independent and concise. Each chapter focuses on a key clinical issue or mechanism of disease. Providing practical, data-driven resources based upon the totality of the evidence, this important text helps the reader understand the basics of pediatric obesity and T2DM and implement strategies to prevent and treat obesity and diabetes in children and adolescents. Management of Pediatric Obesity and Diabetes provides health professionals across many areas of research and practice with up-to-date, well-referenced, and comprehensive evidence on identification, treatment, and prevention of these chronic, serious, metabolic diseases in children. This volume will serve the reader as the most authoritative resource in the field to date.
- Manual of neonatal respiratory care. 3rd ed. 2012SpringerPart 1. Lung Development and Maldevelopment -- Development of the Respiratory System -- Developmental Lung Anomalies -- Part 2. Principles of Mechanical Ventilation -- Spontaneous Breathing -- Pulmonary Gas Exchange -- Oxygen Therapy -- Oxygen Toxicity -- Pulmonary Mechanics -- Basic Principles of Mechanical Ventilation -- Classification of Mechanical Ventilation Devices -- Ventilator Parameters -- Respiratory Gas Conditioning and Humidification -- Part 3. Procedures and Techniques -- Clinical Examination -- Neonatal Resuscitation -- Laryngoscopy and Endotracheal Intubation -- Vascular Access -- Tracheostomy -- Part 4. Monitoring the Ventilated Patient -- Continuous Monitoring Techniques -- Pulse Oximetry -- Interpretation of Blood Gases -- Neonatal Pulmonary Graphics -- Radiography -- Transillumination -- Echocardiography -- Bronchoscopy -- Part 5. Non-Invasive Ventilatory Techniques -- Nasal Cannula Therapy -- Continuous Positive Airway Pressure -- Non-invasive Ventilation -- Part 6. Ventilatory Modes and Modalities -- Positive End-Expiratory Pressure -- Intermittent Mandatory Ventilation -- Synchronized Intermittent Mandatory Ventilation -- Assist/Control Ventilation -- Volume-Targeted Ventilation -- Pressure Control Ventilation -- Pressure Support Ventilation -- Proportional Assist Ventilation -- Part 7. High-Frequency Ventilation -- High-Frequency Ventilation: General Concepts -- High-Frequency Jet Ventilation -- High-Frequency Oscillatory Ventilation -- Part 8. Commonly Used Neonatal Ventilators -- VIP Bird Gold Ventilator -- AVEA Ventilator -- Bear Cub 750PSV -- Newport Wave -- Newport e360 -- Dräger Babylog VN500 Infant and Pediatric Ventilator -- SERVO-i Ventilator and Neurally Adjusted Ventilatory Assist (NAVA) -- SLE5000 and SLE4000 Infant Ventilators -- Bunnell Life Pulse High-Frequency Jet Ventilator -- Sensormedics 3100A High-Frequency Oscillatory Ventilator -- Part 9. Adjunctive Therapies -- Hemodynamic Support -- Nutritional Support of the Ventilated Infant -- Surfactant Replacement Therapy -- Pharmacologic Agents -- Automatic Control of Oxygen Delivery -- Sedation and Analgesia -- Inhaled Nitric Oxide Therapy -- Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation -- Liquid Ventilation for Neonatal Respiratory Failure -- Part 10. Management of Common Neonatal Respiratory Diseases -- Mechanisms of Respiratory Failure -- Tissue Hypoxia -- Indications for Mechanical Ventilation -- Respiratory Distress Syndrome -- Pneumonia -- Meconium Aspiration Syndrome -- Persistent Pulmonary Hypertension of the Newborn -- Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia -- Pulmonary Hypoplasia/Agenesis -- Apnea Syndromes -- Weaning and Extubation -- Part 11. Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia -- Etiology and Pathogenesis -- Management -- Long-Term Outcome of Newborns with Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia -- Part 12. Complications Associated With Mechanical Ventilation -- Thoracic Air Leaks -- Patent Ductus Arteriosus -- Neonatal Pulmonary Hemorrhage -- Retinopathy of Prematurity -- Neurologic Complications of Mechanical Ventilation -- Part 13. Other Considerations -- Nursing Care of the Ventilated Infant -- Transport of Ventilated Babies -- Home Ventilation -- Discharge Planning and Follow-Up of the NICU Graduate -- Part 14. Ethical and Legal Considerations -- Initiation of Life Support at the Border of Viability -- Withdrawal of Ventilatory Support -- Medical Liability, Documentation, and Risk Management -- Part 15. Research and the Literature -- Interpreting Medical Literature.
- Psychological aspects -- Anatomy and physiology -- Clinical pharmacology -- Techniques and procedures -- Regional anesthesia techniques -- Medical conditions influencing anesthetic management -- Postoperative care and pain management -- Neurosurgery and invasive neuroradiology -- Opthalmology -- Otorhinolaryngology -- Dental surgery -- Plastic and reconstructive surgery -- General and thoracoabdominal surgery -- Cardiovascular surgery and cardiologic procedures -- Orthopedic surgery -- Urologic investigation and surgery -- Trauma, including acute burns and scalds -- Anesthesia in remote locations.
- Manual of pediatric hematology and oncology. 5th ed. 2011ScienceDirect2011 ClinicalKeyChapter 1. Classification and Diagnosis of Anemia in Children -- Chapter 2. Anemia During the Neonatal Period -- Chapter 3. Iron-Deficiency Anemia -- Chapter 4. Megaloblastic Anemia -- Chapter 5. Hematologic Manifestations of Systemic Illness -- Chapter 6. Bone Marrow Failure -- Chapter 7. Red Cell Membrane and Enzyme Defects -- Chapter 8. Hemoglobinopathies -- Chapter 9. Extracorpuscular Hemolytic Anemia -- Chapter 10. Polycythemia -- Chapter 11. Disorders of White Blood Cells -- Chapter 12. Disorders of Platelets -- Chapter 13. Hemostatic Disorders -- Chapter 14. Thrombotic Disorders -- Chapter 15. Lymphadenopathy and Splenomegaly -- Chapter 16. Lymphoproliferative Disorders, Myelodysplastic Syndromes and Myeloproliferative Disorders -- Chapter 17. Leukemias -- Chapter 18. Histiocytosis Syndromes -- Chapter 19. Hodgkin Lymphoma -- Chapter 20. Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma -- Chapter 21. Central Nervous System Malignancies -- Chapter 22. Neuroblastoma -- Chapter 23. Renal Tumors -- Chapter 24. Rhabdomyosarcoma and Other Soft-Tissue Sarcomas -- Chapter 25. Malignant Bone Tumors -- Chapter 26. Retinoblastoma -- Chapter 27. Germ Cell Tumors -- Chapter 28. Hepatic Tumors -- Chapter 29. Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation -- Chapter 30. Management of Oncologic Emergencies -- Chapter 31. Supportive Care of Patients with Cancer -- Chapter 32. Evaluation, Investigations and Management of Late Effects of Childhood Cancer -- Chapter 33. Psychosocial Aspects of Cancer for Children and their Families.
- Manual of pediatric nephrology 2014SpringerThis manual is designed to meet the everyday needs of the wide range of medical professionals across the globe who play a role in the treatment of children referred because of renal disease. It is an easy-to-use, portable guide that will assist pediatricians, residents, and trainees in making prompt and appropriate first-level management decisions. It will also prove invaluable for adult nephrologists who are responsible for the care of children in many developing areas of the world, and will serve as a teaching guide for experts when training non-subspecialists. Individual sections are devoted to the evaluation of renal disease; fluid, electrolyte, and acid-base disorders; glomerular diseases; tubular disorders; congenital, inherited, and urological disorders; consequences of renal disease; and miscellaneous topics. The text is in a bulleted format with tables and algorithms wherever possible, making it straightforward and easy to read. An appendix includes further important information such as normal values, drug dosages, dosage adjustment in renal failure, drug nephrotoxicity, and dietary recommendations. The complexities of pediatric nephrology like pathogenesis, intricate physiological aspects, and details of advanced management are deliberately avoided since these issues typically arise during tertiary care at a referral center. If you are searching for a practical, comprehensive guide on pediatric nephrology that will meet the first-line needs of all practitioners, whether in developed or developing countries, this manual will be ideal.
- Adolescent preventive services -- The adolescent patient interview -- Tanner staging -- Normal adolescent development -- Male genitourinary exam -- The pelvic exam and pap smear -- Adolescent dermatology -- Obesity -- Adolescent nutrition, IBD, IBS -- Sports injuries in the adolescent -- Cardiac issues in adolescence -- Menstrual irregularities: amenorrhea -- Menstrual irregularities: abnormal vaginal bleeding -- Basics of hormonal contraception -- Adolescent pregnancy -- Polycystic ovary syndrome -- Sexually transmitted infections in adolescents -- Delayed puberty, short stature, and tall stature -- Adolescent substance abuse -- Adolescent mental health disorders -- Eating disorders -- Adolescent relationship violence in clinical settings: challenges for identification and intervention -- Bullying -- Transition of care -- Erratum to: male genitourinary exam.
- TheMassGeneral Hospital for Children Handbook of Pediatric Global Health is a concise resource for the ever-increasing number of health professionals involved in global health, many of whom spend a few weeks to months or even years providing medical care in resource-poor countries. This Handbook provides practical, evidence-based, hands-on guidance for managing and preventing childhood illnesses when resources are limited in low- and middle-income countries. It also offers a setting-specific understanding and management approaches to the major causes of childhood mortality, including pneumonia, diarrhea, birth asphyxia, complications of preterm birth, and neonatal sepsis. The Handbook providesan overview of childhood mortality, health systems, and the various stakeholders that play a role in the global health arena, and also contains chapters focusing on adolescents who are increasingly recognized as a unique population in whom interventions can go a long way in bothconsolidatingthe gains made in childhood and preventing adult disease. Finally, key topics in non-communicable diseases are covered, including trauma and injuries, pediatric mental health, child and adolescent rights, and oral health. Not meant solely for pediatricians, the Handbookis designed for generalists, specialists, doctors, nurses, other health care workers, and those in training. An indispensable reference for health professionals overseas, theHandbookwill also be a useful addition and resource for academic centers and universities in industrialized nations that are creating courses for trainees who will do clinical electives abroad during their training. .
- A history of international cooperation in maternal and child health -- Global burden of disease among women, children, and adolescents -- Promotion of global perinatal health -- Maternal and child health in the organization for economic cooperation and development (OECD) countries -- Health system impacts on maternal and child health -- The environment and maternal child health -- Impact of wars and conflict on maternal and child health -- The impact of globalization on maternal and child health -- Gender equity: perspectives on maternal and child health -- Harmful traditional practices and women's health: female genital mutilation -- Abortion and postabortion care -- Malaria in women and children -- The global burden of childhood diarrhea -- Tuberculosis in childhood and pregnancy -- Impact of HIV on the health of women, children, and families in less developed countries -- Malnutrition and maternal and child health -- The global burden of obstetric fistulas -- Health challenges for women, children, and adolescents with disabilities -- Unintentional injuries in children -- Evidence-based maternal and child health -- A global perspective on teen pregnancy -- Progress and challenges in making pregnancy safer: a global perspective -- Global immunization challenge: progress and opportunities -- Adolescent health -- The global burden of child maltreatment -- Children in difficult circumstances -- Integrated management of childhood illness -- Planning, development, and maintenance of the MCH workforce -- An agenda for child health policy in developing countries.
- A text in pediatric dentistry, McDonald and Avery's provides expert, complete coverage of oral care for infants, children, and teenagers. All the latest diagnostic and treatment recommendations are included! Comprehensive discussions are provided on pediatric examination, development, morphology, eruption of the teeth, and dental caries. This edition helps you improve patient outcomes with up-to-date coverage of restorative materials, cosmetic tooth whitening, care of anxious patients, and sedation techniques for children. Complete, one-source coverage includes the best patient outcomes for all of the major pediatric treatments in prosthodontics, restorative dentistry, trauma management, occlusion, gingivitis and periodontal disease, and facial esthetics. A new Pediatric Oral Surgery chapter discusses the latest developments in office-based pediatric oral surgery, along with head and neck infections and medical conditions in the pediatric patient. An Evolve website includes case studies, an image library, links to ADEA, ADA, and CDC reports on pediatric dentistry, and other web links.
- Definitions and clinical aspects. Definitions -- Hypothalamic obesity in children -- Causes. Genetics of obesity in childhood and adolescence -- Nutrition -- Sedentary lifestyle -- Socio-economic aspects -- Consequences. Carbohydrate metabolism -- Orthopaedic aspects of obesity in children and adults -- Urogenital complications: renal disease, urolithiasis and lower urinary tract symptoms -- Influences of childhood obesity on pubertal development -- Social aspects and prevention. Urban living conditions: the relation between neighborhood characteristics and obesity in children and adolescents -- Metabolic syndrome and the 'Western diet': science and politics -- An economic perspective on childhood obesity -- Prevention of childhood and adolescent obesity and its barriers -- E-health in overweight and obesity prevention -- Obesity management. Obesity treatment programmes -- Adolescent bariatric surgery: current status in an evolving field -- Beyond weight loss: experiences and insights related to working effectively with families and operating within the health care system to manage pediatric obesity.
- The diagnosis and management of infectious diseases -- Nose and throat syndromes -- Infectious mononucleosis and mononucleosis-like syndromes -- Mouth and salivary gland syndromes -- Eye, ear, and sinus syndromes -- Face and neck syndromes -- Middle respiratory syndromes -- Pneumonia syndromes -- Neurologic syndromes -- Fever and shock syndromes -- Rash syndromes -- Gastrointestinal syndromes -- Hepatitis syndromes -- Urinary syndromes -- Genital syndromes -- Orthopedic syndromes -- Skin syndromes -- Cardiovascular syndromes -- Perinatal syndromes -- HIV infection and AIDS -- Exposure problems -- Infections complicating chronic diseases -- The child with frequent, severe, or unusual infections: congenital immunodeficiency syndromes.
- Molecularly targeted therapy for childhood cancer 2010SpringerPart 1. Hematologic Malignancies -- The Emerging Era of Targeted Therapy in Childhood Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia / William L. Carroll and Rob Pieters -- Molecular Targeted Therapies in T-Cell Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia / Alejandro Gutierrez and A. Thomas Look -- Molecularly Targeted Therapy for Infant ALL / Patrick A. Brown and Carolyn A. Felix -- Targeted Therapeutic Approaches for AML / Robert J. Arceci and Donald Small -- Acute Promyelocytic Leukaemia / Andrea Biondi, Anna Maria Testi and Brenda E. S. Gibson -- Down Syndrome and Acute Myeloid Leukemia: An Unique Genetic Sensitivity to Chemotherapy / Jeffrey W. Taub, Yubin Ge and Yaddanapudi Ravindranath -- Targeting RAS Signaling Pathways in Juvenile Myelomonocytic Leukemia (JMML) / Jennifer O'Hara Lauchle and Benjamin S. Braun -- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia: Pathophysiology and Therapeutics / Seth J. Corey and Jorge Cortes -- Molecularly Targeted Therapies in Pediatric Myelodysplastic Syndromes / Lia Gore -- New Therapeutic Frontiers for Childhood Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma / Megan S. Lim and Mitchell S. Cairo -- Molecular Targeting of Post-transplant Lymphoproliferative Disorders / Michael Wang and Thomas G. Gross -- Part 2. Solid Tumors -- Molecularly Targeted Therapies for Astrocytomas / Ian F. Pollack -- Targeted Therapy in Medulloblastoma in Molecularly Targeted Therapy for Childhood Cancer / Yoon-Jae Cho and Scott L. Pomeroy -- Future Treatments of Ependymoma / Richard J. Gilbertson -- Development of Targeted Therapies for Rhabdoid Tumors Based on the Functions of INI1/hSNF5 Tumor Suppressor / Ganjam V. Kalpana and Melissa E. Smith -- Development of Targeted Therapies for Neurofibromatosis Type 1 (NF1) Related Tumors / Brigitte Widemann -- Molecular Therapy for Neuroblastoma / Yaël P. Mossé and John M. Maris -- Ewing's Sarcoma Family of Tumors: Molecular Targets Need Arrows / Jeffrey A. Toretsky and Aykut Üren -- Molecular Targeted Therapy for Wilms' Tumor / James I. Geller and Jeffrey S. Dome -- Molecular Therapy for Rhabdomyosarcoma / Raushan T. Kurmasheva, Hajime Hosoi, Ken Kikuchi and Peter J. Houghton -- Molecularly Targeted Therapy for Osteosarcoma: Where Do We Go from Here? / Rosanna Ricafort and Richard Gorlick -- Nonrhabdomyosarcoma Soft Tissue Sarcoma in Children: Developing New Treatments Based on a Better Understanding of Disease Biology / Stephen X. Skapek.
- Moss and Adams heart disease in infants, children, and adolescents including the fetus and young adult. 8th ed. 2013Ovid"Established since 1968 as a classic pediatric cardiology text, this edition uses new technology to bring the most sought after information in the most concise, effective manner. This eighth edition is reduced from the two-volume work into a concise, easy-to-use single volume moving all but key references to the online component. Leading international experts describe state-of-the-art diagnostic and interventional techniques for treatment of young patients with congenital and acquired heart diseases and for adult survivors of congenital heart disease"-- Provided by publisher.
- Moss and Adams' Heart disease in infants, children, and adolescents including the fetus and young adult. 7th ed. 2008Ovidv. 1. Structure and function of the cardiovascular system ; Diagnostic methods ; Electrophysiology ; Therapeutic methods ; Pediatric cardiac intensive care ; From the gene to the neonate ; Congenital cardiovascular malformations -- v. 2. Congenital cardiovascular malformations [cont'd.] ; Diseases of the endocardium, myocardium, and pericardium ; Pulmonary vascular disease ; The young adult with congenital heart disease ; Other special problems and issues.
- Movement disorders in childhood 2010ClinicalKeyExperts in the field, Drs. Singer, Mink, Gilbert, and Jankovic, fill the gap in the market by offering the only comprehensive text devoted solely to the diagnoses and treatment of all pediatric movement disorders. Discussions of common and rare disorders such as movements that occur in sleep and psychogenic movement disorders and the latest advances and developments in medications keep you apprised of today₂s best practices. Each chapter is accessible, illustrated, stylistically uniform, and carefully referenced, making it easy to access the information you need. This brand-new reference is the ideal resource for the seasoned specialist as well as the non-expert clinician. Best of all, Expert Consult functionality gives you convenient access to the full text online - fully searchable, a downloadable image library, and enhanced visual guidance with narrated, diagnostic videos at expertconsult.com. ₅ Includes online access to the complete contents of the book, fully searchable, including all of the book₂s illustrations, 58 narrated videos of actual patients and their disorders, and abstracts to Medline at expertconsult.com. Discusses neurobiology, classification, diagnostic evaluation, and treatment, making this a one-stop-shop for all you need to know to diagnose and treat any child with any movement disorder.
- MR spectroscopy of pediatric brain disorders 2013SpringerIntroduction -- The Developing Human Brain: Differences from Adult Brain -- Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy: Basics -- Metabolites of Proton Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy and Normal Age-Dependent Changes -- Challenges in Pediatric Magnetic Resonance Imaging -- Pathologies -- Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy of Pediatric Brain Tumors -- Diffuse Intrinsic Pontine Gliomas -- Traumatic Brain Injury and Concussion -- Proton Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy: Applications in Neonatal Medicine -- Proton Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy: Application in Non-Accidental Trauma -- Leukodystrophies -- Metabolic Disorders -- Phenylketonuria -- Infection and Encephalitis -- Hepatic Encephalopathy in Children -- Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy in Epilepsy -- ¹H Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy of the Brain During Adolescence: Normal Brain Development and Neuropsychiatric Disorders -- Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy Studies of Autistic Spectrum Disorders -- Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy Studies of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder -- Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy of the Fetal Brain -- MRS of the Neonatal Brain: Abnormal Development and Neonatal Pathology.
- Nathan and Oski's hematology and oncology of infancy and childhood. Eighth edition. [8th ed.] 2015ClinicalKeyAnatomy and physiology of hematopoiesis -- The neonatal erythrocyte and its disorders -- Immune hemolytic disease -- Neonatal jaundice and disorders of bilirubin metabolism -- Hemostasis in the newborn and infant -- Acquired aplastic anemia and pure red cell aplasia -- Inherited bone marrow failure syndromes -- Principles of bone marrow and stem cell transplantation -- Diagnostic approach to the anemic patient -- Megaloblastic anemia -- Disorders of iron and copper metabolism, the sideroblastic anemias, and lead toxicity -- Porphyrias -- Autoimmune hemolytic anemia -- Paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria -- Red cell membrane -- Disorders of the red cell membrane -- Pyruvate kinase deficiency and disorders of glycolysis -- Glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency -- Normal and abnormal hemoglobins -- Sickle cell disease -- Thalassemias -- Phagocyte system and disorders of granulopoiesis and granulocyte function -- Immune response -- Primary immunodeficiency diseases -- Lysosomal storage diseases -- Platelets and the vessel wall -- Blood coagulation -- Molecular basis of fibrinolysis -- Approach to the child with a suspected bleeding disorder -- Inherited platelet disorders -- Hemophilia and von Willebrand disease -- Rare hereditary coagulation factor abnormalities -- Inherited disorders of thrombosis and fibrinolysis -- Acquired platelet defects -- Acquired disorders of hemostasis -- Transfusion medicine -- Hematologic manifestations of systemic diseases -- Hematologic manifestations of systemic diseases in children of the developing world -- Origins and evolution of pediatric cancers -- Epidemiology of leukemia in childhood -- Informatics -- Genetic predisposition to cancer -- Genetics and epigenetics of childhood cancers -- Targeted therapies in oncology -- Cytogenetic and molecular pathology of pediatric cancer -- Cancer chemotherapy for pediatric patients -- Immunotherapy of cancer -- Pediatric radiation oncology -- Pediatric surgical oncology -- Acute lymphoblastic leukemia -- Pediatric myeloid leukemia, myelodysplasia, and myeloproliferative disease -- Infant leukemias -- Pediatric lymphoma -- Neuroblastoma -- Pediatric renal tumors -- Retinoblastoma -- Tumors of the brain and spinal cord -- Hepatoblastoma and other liver tumors in children -- Rhabdomyosarcoma -- Nonrhabdomyosarcoma soft tissue sarcomas and other soft tissue tumors -- Ewing sarcoma -- Osteosarcoma -- Pediatric germ cell tumors -- Histiocytoses -- Rare tumors of childhood -- Imaging in the evaluation and management of childhood cancer -- Infectious disease in the pediatric cancer patient -- Oncologic emergencies -- Nursing care of patients with childhood cancer -- Palliative care in pediatric oncology -- Symptom management in children with cancer -- Childhood cancer survivorship -- Psychosocial care of the child and family -- Ethical considerations in pediatric oncology clinical trials -- Reference values in infancy and childhood.
- Nathan and Oski's Hematology of infancy and childhood. 7th ed. 2009ClinicalKeyPrint Material
- Near misses in pediatric anesthesia. 2nd ed. 2013SpringerAuthored by ""a superb clinician and award-winning teacher, ""* Near Misses in Pediatric Anesthesiology, Second Edition is a thorough updating and significant expansion of this popular case book in the newest anesthesiology subspecialty to be approved by the American Board of Medical Specialties. The book comprises 87 true-story clinical ""near misses, "" including 40 cases that are brand new. Recommendations, references, and discussion accompany each case. The cases provide an ideal basis for problem-centered learning and also model how to learn from experience and to maintain professionalism.
- Nelson Essentials of pediatrics. 7th edition. [7th ed.] 2015ClinicalKey
- Nelson textbook of pediatrics. 20th edition. 2016ClinicalKeyAfter more than 75 years, Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics remains your indispensable source for definitive, state-of-the-art answers on every aspect of pediatric care. Embracing the new advances in science as well as the time-honored art of pediatric practice, this classic reference provides the essential information that practitioners and other care providers involved in pediatric health care throughout the world need to understand to effectively address the enormous range of biologic, psychologic, and social problems that our children and youth may face. Brand-new chapters and comprehensive revisions throughout-along with regular online updates personally selected by Dr. Kliegman-ensure that you have the most recent information on diagnosis and treatment of pediatric diseases based on the latest recommendations and methodologies.
- Neonatal and infant dermatology. Third edition. [3rd ed.] 2015ClinicalKeyFetal Skin Development -- Structure and Function of Newborn Skin -- Lesional Morphology and Assessment -- Skin of the Premature Infant -- Neonatal Skin Care and Toxicology -- Diagnostic and Therapeutic Procedures -- Transient Benign Cutaneous Lesions in the Newborn -- Iatrogenic and Traumatic Injuries -- Developmental Abnormalities -- Vesicles, Pustules, Bullae, Erosions, and Ulcerations -- Inherited and Acquired Blistering Diseases -- Bacterial Infections -- Viral Infections -- Fungal Infections, Infestations, and Parasitic Infections in Neonates and Infants -- Eczematous Disorders -- Papulosquamous and Lichenoid Disorders -- Diaper Area Eruptions -- Erythrodermas, Immunodeficiency, and Metabolic Disorders -- Disorders of Cornification (Ichthyosis) -- Immunologic, Reactive, and Purpuric Disorders -- Infantile Hemangiomas and Other Vascular Tumors -- Vascular Malformations -- Hypopigmentation Disorders -- Disorders of Hyperpigmentation and Melanocytes -- Acneiform and Sweat Gland Disorders -- Lumps, Bumps, and Hamartomas -- Disorders of the Subcutaneous Tissue -- Neoplastic and Infiltrative Diseases -- Selected Hereditary Diseases -- Neonatal Mucous Membrane Disorders -- Hair Disorders -- Nail Disorders.
- Neonatal neurology. 4th ed. 2007ScienceDirect
- Nephrology and fluid/electrolyte physiology neonatology questions and controversies. 2nd ed. 2012ScienceDirectThe placenta and fetal amniotic fluid volume : understanding fetal water flow / Michael G. Ross -- Body fluid changes in the fetus and newborn : normal transition / William Oh -- Renal aspects of sodium metabolism in the fetus and newborn / Endre Sulyok -- Potassium metabolism / John M. Lorenz -- Renal urate metabolism in the fetus and newborn / Daniel I. Feig -- Perinatal calcium and phosphate metabolism / Reginald Tsang and Ran Namgung -- Acid-base homeostasis in the fetus and newborn / Istvan Seri -- Glomerular filtration rate in neonates / Jean-Pierre Guignard -- The developing kidney and the fetal origins of adult cardiovascular disease / Umberto Simeoni -- Renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system (RAAS) : renal modulation / Pedro A. Jose -- Renal modulation : arginine vasopressin and atrieal natriuretic peptide / Francesco Emma -- Acute problems of prematurity : balancing fluid volume and electrolyte replacement in very low birth weight and extremely low birth weight neonates / Stephen Baumgart -- Lung fluid balance in developing lungs and its role in neonatal transition / Lucky Jain and Sarah D. Keene -- Use of diurects in the newborn / Jean-Pierre Guignard -- Neonatal hypertension : diagnosis and management / Joseph Flynn -- Edema / Andrew Costarino and Yosef Levenbrown -- Renal failure of the neonate / Sharon P. Andreoli -- Congenital tubulopathies / Israel Zelikovic -- Obstructive uropathies : assessment of renal function in the fetus / Robert L. Chevalier.
- Netter's Pediatrics 2011ClinicalKeyThis book edited by Drs. Todd Florin and Stephen Ludwig, is a visual aid with more than 500 images by Dr. Frank Netter and other artists working in his style that will help you diagnose and care for children with common clinical conditions. This is the first time that Netter's drawings of pediatric illness are brought together in a single volume. The superb, accurate artwork accompanies up-to-date text contributed by physicians at the prestigious Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. The book provides you with all the at-a-glance information you need for a quick overview of common issues from nutrition, allergy, infectious disease, and adolescent medicine, to cancer and heart disease. Efficiently review key details for each condition with 500 detailed, crystal-clear images provided by Frank H. Netter and others working in the Netter tradition. Apply dependable, concise, clinical advice from a team of physicians at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, one of the top children's hospitals in the U.S. Get answers at a glance during pediatric rotations when studying for exams or preparing for consultations.
- Neurobiology of childhood 2014Springer"Brain development, whether typical or atypical, provides the foundation for all behavior and possible psychopathology. This volume takes a comprehensive and translational approach in describing how basic neuronal patterning occurs, organizes into systems, and forms functional and inter-connected networks. The role that hormones and genes play in influencing brain development is also described. The resultant emotional, cognitive, reward, and social systems show how typical development proceeds. The second part of the book describes when the process of development goes awry. Here, a number of childhood disorders are covered. Autism, ADHD, emotional syndromes of bipolar disorder and depression, oppositional defiant disorder and conduct disorder, and sleep and schizophrenia are included in this volume. Written by leading experts in their respective fields, this volume will be a valuable resource to mental health professionals as well as preclinical investigators hoping to gain additional understanding about the neurobiology of the developing brain."--Publisher's website.
- Neuroblastoma 2005Springer
- Neurological manifestations of pediatric infectious diseases and immunodeficiency syndromes 2008SpringerHerpes viruses -- Myxoviruses -- Picornaviruses -- Arboviruses -- Togaviruses -- Rhabdoviruses -- Adenoviruses -- Arenaviruses -- Orthopoxviruses -- Retroviruses -- Neurological consequences of antiretroviral treatment -- Papovaviruses -- Bacterial meningitis -- Focal bacterial infections and parameningeal infections -- Streptococcus pyogenes -- Bordetella petussis -- Shigella species -- Campylobacter species -- Brucella species -- Clostridium tetani -- Clostridium botulinum -- Corynebacterium diphtheriae -- Bartonella species -- Mycobacterium tuberculosis -- Mycobacterium leprae -- Rickettsia rickettsii -- Ehrlichia and Anaplasma species -- Borrelia burgdorferi -- Treponema pallidum -- Candida species -- Cryptococcus neoformans -- Histoplasma capsulatum -- Coccidiodes species -- Phaeohyphomycoses -- Protozoal infections -- Babesia species -- Helminth infections -- Neurological disease and primary immunodeficiency -- Basic principles of selective neurological treatments.
- Neurology of the newborn. 5th ed. 2008ClinicalKeyNeural tube formation and prosencephalic development -- Neuronal proliferation, migration, organization, and myelination -- Neurological examination : normal and abnormal features -- Specialized studies in the neurological evaluation -- Neonatal seizures -- Hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy : biochemical and physiological aspects -- Hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy : intrauterine assessment -- Hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy : neuropathology and pathogenesis -- Hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy : clinical aspects -- Intracranial hemorrhage : subdural, primary subarachnoid, cerebellar, intraventricular (term infant), and miscellaneous -- Intracranial hemorrhage : germinal matrix-intraventricular hemorrhage of the premature infant -- Hypoglycemia and brain injury -- Bilirubin and brain injury -- Hyperammonemia and other disorders of amino acid metabolism -- Disorders of organic acid metabolism -- Degenerative diseases of the newborn -- Neuromuscular disorders : motor system, evaluation, and arthrogryposis multiplex congenita -- Neuromuscular disorders : levels above the lower motor neuron to the neuromuscular junction -- Neuromuscular disorders : muscle involvement and restricted disorders -- Viral, protozoan, and related intracranial infections -- Bacterial and fungal intracranial infections -- Injuries of extracranial, cranial, intracranial, spinal cord, and peripheral nervous system structures -- Brain tumors and vein of Galen malformations -- Teratogenic effects of drugs and passive addiction.
- Featuring the clinical expertise of leading authorities in the field, this book is a lavishly illustrated surgical atlas of the latest neurosurgical approaches to frequently encountered problems in the pediatric patient. Each chapter in the book opens with a brief overview of the problem and then goes on to provide concise discussions of preoperative preparation, operative procedure, and postoperative management. The authors address the possible complications involved in each procedure and provide recommendations for how to avoid and manage them. 380 full-color illustrations and photographs demonstrate key concepts with precision and clarity. Step-by-step descriptions offer practical guidance for skin incision, operative exposure, patient positioning, surgical approaches, and various closing techniques. Consistent organization throughout the chapters facilitates rapid reference to topics of interest.
- Newborn lung neonatology questions and controversies. 2nd ed. 2012ScienceDirectMolecular bases for lung development, injury, and repair / Shu Wu -- Genetic influences in lung development and injury / Vineet Bhandari -- Perinatal events and their influence on lung development and function / Alan H. Jobe, Suhas G. Kallapur, Boris W. Kramer -- Hypoxia and hyperoxia : effects on the newborn pulmonary circulation / Stephen Wedgwood, Paul T. Schumacker, Robin Steinhorn -- The role of nitric oxide in lung growth and function / Girija G. Konduri -- Prenatal and postnatal microbial colonization and respiratory outcome in preterm infants / Rose M. Viscardi -- Influence of nutritional neonatal respiratory outcome / Cristina Navarrete, Ilene R.S. Sosenko -- Patent ductus arteriosus and the lung : acute effects and long-term consequences / Eduardo Bancalari, Ilene R.S. Sosenko, Nelson Claure -- Role of stem cells in neonatal lung injury / Karen C. Young, Cleide Suguihara -- New developments in the pathogenesis and prevention of bronchopulmonary dysplasia / Ilene R.S. Sosenko, Eduardo Bancalari -- Long-term pulmonary outcome of preterm infants / Lex W. Doyle -- Respiratory and cardiovascular support in the delivery room / Myra H. Wyckoff -- Noninvasive respiratory support : an alternative to mechanical ventilation in preterm infants / Peter Davis, Colin J. Morley, Brett J. Manley -- Surfactant replacement : present and future / Christian P. Speer, David Sweet -- Oxygenation targeting and outcomes in preterm infants : the new evidence / Win Tin, Waldemar A. Carlo, Samir Gupta -- Hypoxemic episodes in the premature infant : causes, consequences, and management / Nelson Claure, Eduardo Bancalari -- Patient ventilator interaction / Eduardo Bancalari, Nelson Claure -- Strategies for limiting the duration of mechanical ventilation / Eduardo Bancalari, Nelson Claure -- Automation of respiratory support / Nelson Claure, Eduardo Bancalari -- Management of the infant with congenital diaphragmatic hernia / Roberta L. Keller -- Management of the infant with severe bronchopulmonary dysplasia / Steven Abman, Leif D. Nelin.
- NHG clinical practice guidelines M09 acute otitis media (AOM), M29 feverish illness in children 2011SpringerM09 NHG Clinical Practice Guideline Acute Otitis Media (AOM) -- M29 NHG Clinical Practice Guideline Feverish Illness in Children.
- Non-idiopathic spine deformities in young children 2011Springerpt. 1. Growth -- pt. 2. Evaluation -- pt. 3. Deformities -- pt. 4. Management.
- Nonverbal learning disabilities in children bridging the gap between science and practice 2011Springer
- Nursing Care of the Pediatric Neurosurgery Patient is a detailed reference for nurses and other health care providers who care for children with neurosurgical problems. The explanations of pathophysiology, anatomy, radiodiagnostic testing, and treatment options for each neurosurgical diagnosis will help to clarify the rationale behind the nursing care. Descriptions of presenting symptoms, history and findings on neurological examination will help nurses understand the neurological disorder and identify problems. Each chapter includes case studies, impact on families, patient and family education, and practice pearls. Staff and student nurses working in clinics, critical care units, pediatric units, operating rooms, post-anesthesia care units, emergency departments, and radiology departments will benefit from the information presented. Although this book is written for nurses, medical students and neurosurgery residents will also find it helpful.
- This book is a collection of state-of-the-art reviews on the various aspects of nutrition for the preterm neonate, by internationally renowned clinicians and researchers from Australia, UK, USA, Canada, and Italy. It provides the scientific basis and clinical perspective on the A to Z of enteral and parenteral nutrition for extremely preterm neonates, making it valuable for all involved in the care of this high-risk population. The topics covered range from the developmental physiology of the gastrointestinal tract, and early trophic feeds, to aggressive enteral and parenteral nutrition, and feeding under special conditions such as intrauterine growth restriction and chronic lung disease. Survival of extremely preterm neonates has improved significantly following the advances in neonatal intensive care. Extrauterine growth restriction is recognised as a serious and almost universal issue in this population. Considering the long term consequences of nutritional deficit and poor growth (e.g. neurodevelopmental impairment, short stature and metabolic disorders), optimising nutrition in the early postnatal life of the preterm neonate is crucial. However this is easier said than done considering the frequency of feed intolerance, fear of necrotising enterocolitis, and the hesitancy in adopting an aggressive approach to parenteral nutrition in this population. The simple and practical approach of this comprehensive and unique book makes it a must read for clinicians as well as researchers involved in neonatal intensive care. It is a useful resource for trainees in neonatology, paediatric gastroenterology, and neonatal nursing, and also for dieticians specialising in neonatal nutrition. Key features and content: · Developmental physiology of the gastrointestinal tract · Systematic review of the evidence in various aspects of nutrition for the preterm neonate · Evidence-based practice in nutrition for the preterm neonate · Current gaps in knowledge and directions for further research.
- Nutrition in pediatric pulmonary disease 2014SpringerNutrition in Pediatric Pulmonary Disease is a much needed resource for practitioners that provides a basic understanding of nutrition and nutritional supplements; their impact on physiologic function and how this can be applied for general health maintenance as well as a supplemental treatment for pulmonary diseases. This book provides information on (1) basics of nutrition, supplements and herbs and how they influence physiology (2) their application and potential use for various pulmonary diseases along with evidence regarding efficacy and safety. Also examined are (3) how diet, dietary supplements and herbs are integrated together for treatment and prevention of pulmonary disease. Finally (4) several health promoting diets and their potential benefits to patients with pulmonary diseases will be discussed. Nutrition in Pediatric Pulmonary Disease is an excellent new resource for practicing physicians who are interested in incorporating more nutritional approaches to treating their patients.
- The development of atopic phenotypes: genetic and environmental determinants / Wahn, U. ... [et al.] -- Food allergy to proteins / Nowak-Wegrzyn, A. -- Hypoallergenicity: a principle for the treatment of food allergy / Beyer, K. -- The concept of hypoallergenicity for atopy prevention / von Berg, A. -- The concept of oral tolerance induction to foods / Lack, G. -- Chronic enteropathy: molecular basis / Ruemmele, F.M. -- Chronic enteropathy: clinical aspects / Gibbons, T.; Fuchs, G.J. -- Transition from parenteral to enteral nutrition / Milla, P.J. -- Chronic entereropathy and feeding / Salvatore, S.; Hauser, B.; Vandenplas, Y. -- Stressed mucosa / Davidson, G.; Kritas, S.; Butler, R. -- Nutrition for children with cholestatic liver disease / Los, E.L. ... [et al.] -- Nutrient requirements of premature infants / Ziegler, E.E. -- Nutritional assessment in preterm infants / Griffin, I.J. -- Early aggressive nutrition in very preterm infants / Thureen, P.J. -- Discussion on 'Human milk fortification' / Putet, G. -- Postdischarge nutrition of preterm infants: more questions than answers / Cooke, R.J.
View by page
- 5-minute pediatric consult. 5th ed. — Feeding during late infancy and early childhood impact on health (128)
- Feigin and Cherry's Textbook of pediatric infectious diseases. Seventh edition. [7th ed.] — Nutrition support for infants and children at risk (128)
- Nutritional care of preterm infants scientific basis and practical guidelines — Pediatric orthopedic surgical emergencies (128)
- Pediatric orthopedics in practice — Zitelli and Davis' Atlas of pediatric physical diagnosis. Sixth edition [6th ed.] (125)
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Access restricted to Stanford community
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
Can't find it?
Look if we have it in print
- Springer Protocols
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.Large number of high quality software and database programming titles from O'Reilly. Other software titles are also available from Sams and Prentice Hall. Limited to 7 concurrent users.Vast collection of software and database programming titles from multiple publishers, including Microsoft Press.Largest provider of engineering-related eBooks; includes titles in computer science and biomedical engineering.Over 4,000 full-text e-books covering scientific and technical information from CRC Press and others. Many handbooks and single volume reference sources.A repository of medical knowledge from internal medicine, cardiology, genetics, pharmacy, diagnosis and management, basic sciences, patient care, and more. Continuously expanding, all databases in the repository contain the latest editions of selected medical titles.Includes peer-reviewed life science and biomedical research protocols compiled from Methods in Molecular Biology, Methods in Molecular Medicine, Methods in Biotechnology, Methods in Pharmacology and Toxicology, Neuromethods, the Biomethods Handbook, the Proteomics Handbook, and Springer Laboratory Manuals.Contains full text access to selected biomedical and nursing books.Provides one-click access to important clinical resources; includes evidence-based diagnosis and treatment guidelines, Books, EBM articles, Ovid MEDLINE, Drug facts and comparisons, Drug interaction facts, guidelines from National Guideline Clearinghouse, patient handouts (English and Spanish), and local content.ClinicalKey provides access to textbooks, electronic journals, practice guidelines, drug information, and patient education handouts.A collection of biomedical books that can be searched directly by concept, and linked to terms in PubMed abstracts.Provides online, full-text access to Springer's journal titles as well as journals from other publishers. Subjects include: life sciences, chemical sciences, environmental sciences, geosciences, computer science, mathematics, medicine, physics and astronomy, engineering and economics. Also includes eBooks.Collection of over 8 thousand fulltext titles in engineering, math, and basic and applied biomedical research. Coverage is from 1967 to the present.A library of ebooks on a wide array of topics, digitized and made available online in conjunction with the original publishers.