Books by Subject
- 5-minute pediatric consult. 4th ed. — Fundamentals of pediatric cardiology (100)
- Fundamentals of pediatric surgery — Obesity in childhood and adolescence (100)
- Optimizing bone mass and strength — Pediatric retina (100)
- Pediatric rheumatology in clinical practice — World report on child injury prevention (68)
PediatricsAccess restricted to Stanford unless otherwise noted
- Fundamentals of pediatric surgery 2011, Springer
- Gastrointestinal tract sonography in fetuses and children 2008, Springer
- Genital cutting 2013, SpringerTortured Bodies, Tortured Doctrines: Informed Consent as a Legal Fiction Inapplicable to Neonatal Male Circumcision -- Routine Infant Circumcision: Vital Issues that the Circumcision Proponents may be Overlooking -- The Smart Penis -- The Harm of Circumcision -- Evolution of Circumcision Methods: Not "Just a Snip" -- Penile Wounding: Complications of Routine Male Circumcision in a Typical American Family Practice -- Male Circumcision and the Potential for Unexplained Male Adolescent Suicide in Northern Ireland -- Healing the Harms of Circumcision: A Nursing Case Study -- Ten Years of Training: Family Medicine Residents as Conscientious Objectors to Circumcision -- Intersex Surgeries, Circumcision, and the Making of "Normal" -- Intersex Genital Autonomy: A Rights-Based Framework for Medical Intervention with Intersex Infants -- The SAR/ROHAN (The Possession): A Response of Somali Women to Pharaonic Circumcision/Infibulation (PhC) -- Genital Stretching Among the Venda Ethnic Group (South Africa) -- Male Circumcision Among the Venda of Limpopo (South Africa) -- Critique of African RCTs into Male Circumcision and HIV Sexual Transmission -- Randomized Controlled Trials for HIV/AIDS Prevention Among Men in Africa: Untraced Infections, Unasked Questions, and Unreported Data -- Dangerous Myths and Tragic Misconceptions: Fighting HIV and AIDS Cases in Africa with Male Circumcision Strategies -- Defying the Enlightenment: Jewish Ethnicity and Ethnic Circumcision -- Circumcision: Gender and Power -- Reclaiming Circumcision: Armenian Stories -- Self-Made Intactivism in the Middle East -- Genital Autonomy: A New Approach.
- Girl who spoke with pictures 2008, ebrary
- Global orthopedics 2014, SpringerGlobal Orthopedics: Caring for Musculoskeletal Conditions and Injuries in Austere Settings was conceived and written to be a unique reference for surgeons working in resource-limited environments. The first sections provide historical background, global public health perspectives of orthopedics, the role of culture, and a broad discussion of non-surgical and non-orthopedic clinical topics that are rarely encountered in high-resource settings but that affect orthopedic care. Adult and pediatric trauma are presented in an anatomical format for easy reference, with a focus on the natural history and the best treatment methods within existing limitations. The chapters on musculoskeletal infections provide a wealth of knowledge about these common debilitating conditions that is unavailable in any other single modern text. The non-infectious pediatric conditions section has been written for the non-specialist to handle selected developmental and early childhood orthopedic problems commonly seen in low-resource settings. Detailed chapters on reconstruction surgery, tumor management, amputations, and the orthopedic needs in the face of conflicts and natural disasters round out the text.
- Global perspectives on childhood obesity. 1st ed. 2011, ScienceDirectChapter 1. Pediatric Obesity: A Pediatrician's Viewpoint / Allison Collins, Rebecka Peebles -- Chapter 2. Salient Features on Child Obesity from the Viewpoint of a Nutritionist / Bernard Waysfeld, Dominique Adele Cassuto -- Chapter 3. Developmental Trajectories of Weight Status in Childhood and Adolescence / Samar Hejazi, V. Susan Dahinten, Pamela A. Ratner, Sheila K. Marshall -- Chapter 4. The Measurement and Epidemiology of Child Obesity / David S. Freedman, Cynthia L. Ogden, Sarah E. Cusick -- Chapter 5. Good-Enough Parenting, Self-Regulation, and the Management of Weight-Related Problems / Moria Golan -- Chapter 6. Nursing Perspective on Childhood Obesity / Cynthia Yensel, Carrie Tolman -- Chapter 7. Contemporary Racial/Ethnic and Socioeconomic Patterns in U.S. Childhood Obesity / Gopal K. Singh, Michael D. Kogan -- Chapter 8. Prediabetes among Obese Youth / Orit Pinhas-Hamiel, Phil Zeitler -- Chapter 9. Prediabetes and Type 2 Diabetes: An Emerging Epidemic among Obese Youth / Kathryn Love-Osborne -- Chapter 10. Prevalence of the Metabolic Syndrome in U.S. Youth / Sarah E. Messiah, Kristopher L. Arheart, Steven E. Lipshultz, Tracie L. Miller -- Chapter 11. Emerging Pathways to Child Obesity Starts from the Mother's Womb: A Prospective View / Ashik Mosaddik -- Chapter 12. The Social, Cultural and Familial Contexts Contributing to Childhood Obesity / Cathy Banwell, Helen Kinmonth, Jane Dixon -- Chapter 13. Cardiovascular Risk Clustering in Obese Children / Ram Weiss -- Chapter 14. A Link between Maternal and Childhood Obesity / Siân Robinson -- Chapter 15. Is Prenatal Exposure to Maternal Obesity Linked to Child Mental Health? / Alina Rodriguez -- Chapter 16. Sleep and Obesity in Children and Adolescents / Amy Darukhanavala, Silvana Pannain -- Chapter 17. Cellular Remodeling during the Growth of the Adipose Tissue / Coralie Sengenès, Virginie Bourlier, Jean Galitzky, Alexia Zakaroff-Girard, Max Lafontan, Anne Bouloumié -- Chapter 18. Children Obesity, Glucose Tolerance, Ghrelin, and Prader-Willi Syndrome / Simonetta Bellone, Arianna Busti, Sara Belcastro, Gianluca Aimaretti, Gianni Bona, Flavia Prodam -- Chapter 19. Insulin Resistance and Glucose Metabolism in Childhood Obesity / Subhashini Yaturu, Sushil K. Jain -- Chapter 20. Insulin Resistance in Pediatric Obesity: Physiological Effects and Possible Diet Treatment / Ulf Holmbäck -- Chapter 21. Role of Fatty Liver Disease in Childhood Obesity / Valerio Nobili, Anna Alisi, Melania Manco -- Chapter 22. An Overview of Psychosocial Symptoms in Obese Children / Lisa Y. Gibson --Chapter 23. Childhood Obesity: Depression, Anxiety and Recommended Therapeutic Strategies / Dana L. Rofey, Jessica J. Black, Jennifer E. Phillips, Ronette Blake, KayLoni Olson -- Chapter 24. The Emotional Impact of Obesity on Children / Robert E. Cornette -- Chapter 25. Psychiatric Illness, Psychotropic Medication, and Childhood Obesity / Lawrence Maayan, Leslie Citrome -- Chapter 26. Childhood Obesity: Public Health Impact and Policy Responses / Rogan Kersh, Brian Elbel -- Chapter 27. Childhood Obesity and Juvenile Diabetes / Mikael Knip -- Chapter 28. Bone Health in Obesity and the Cross Talk between Fat and Bone / Sowmya Krishnan, Venkataraman Kalyanaraman -- Chapter 29. A Community-Level Perspective for Childhood Obesity Prevention / Christina Economos, Erin Hennessy -- Chapter 30. School-Based Obesity-Prevention Programs / Genevieve Fridlund Dunton, Casey P. Durand, Nathaniel R. Riggs, Mary Ann Pentz -- Chapter 31. School-Based Obesity Prevention Interventions Show Promising Improvements in the Health and Academic Achievements among Ethnically Diverse Young Children / Danielle Hollar, Sarah E. Messiah, Gabriela Lopez-Mitnik, T. Lucas Hollar, Michelle Lombardo -- Chapter 32. School and Community-Based Physical Education and Healthy Active Living Programs: Holistic Practices in Hong Kong, Singapore, and the United States / Ming-Kai Chin, Christopher R. Edginton, Mei-Sin Tang, Kia-Wang Phua, Jing-Zhen Yang -- Chapter 33. Schools as “Laboratories” for Obesity Prevention: Proven Effective Models / Michelle Lombardo, Danielle Hollar, T. Lucas Hollar, Karen McNamara -- Chapter 34. Fitness and Fatness in Childhood Obesity: Implications for Physical Activity / Sarah P. Shultz, Benedicte Deforche, Nuala M. Byrne, Andrew P. Hills -- Chapter 35. Pharmacotherapy in Childhood Obesity / Amélio F. Godoy-Matos, Erika Paniago Guedes, Luciana Lopes de Souza, Mariana Farage -- Chapter 36. Beverage Interventions to Prevent Child Obesity / Rebecca Muckelbauer, Mathilde Kersting, Jacqueline Müller-Nordhorn -- Chapter 37. Psychotherapy as an Intervention for Child Obesity / Carl-Erik Flodmark -- Chapter 38. Childhood Obesity: Psychological Correlates and Recommended Therapeutic Strategies / Jennifer E. Phillips, Ethan E. Hull, Dana L. Rofey -- Chapter 39. Dietary Supplements in the Prevention and Treatment of Childhood Obesity / Robert I-San Lin -- Chapter 40. The Role of Arginine for Treating Obese Youth / Catherine J. McNeal, Guoyao Wu, Susie Vasquez, Don P. Wilson, M. Carey Satterfield, Jason R. McKnight, Hussain S. Malbari, Mujtaba Rahman -- Chapter 41. Prevention of Childhood Obesity with Use of Natural Products / Jin-Taek Hwang, Dae Young Kwon, Joohun Ha -- Chapter 42. The Role of United States Law to Prevent and Control Childhood Obesity / Jennifer L. Pomeranz -- Chapter 43. Childhood Obesity as an Amplifier of Societal Inequality in the United States / Stanley J. Ulijaszek -- Chapter 44. Childhood Obesity, Food Choice and Market Influence / Jane Kolodinsky, Amanda Goldstein, Erin Roche -- Chapter 45. The Role of Media in Childhood Obesity / Amy B. Jordan, Ariel Chernin -- Chapter 46. Evaluation and Management of Childhood Obesity in Primary Care Settings / Goutham Rao -- Chapter 47. The Future Directions and Clinical Management of Childhood Obesity / Clodagh S. O'Gorman, Jonathan Cauchi, Jill K. Hamilton, Denis Daneman.
- Growing spine 2011, Springer
- Growth of the pediatric skeleton 2008, Springer
- Guide to neonatal and pediatric ECGs 2013, SpringerElectrocardiography has an ever-expanding role in pediatric cardiology evaluation. The specific competencies required for its optimal use in this setting, however, generally lie beyond the expertise of cardiologists used to dealing with adults. This guide - the product of extensive practical experience in the field of pediatric cardiology - proposes a very simple method for reading neonatal and pediatric ECGs that is based on the application of straightforward criteria and permits the immediate recognition of normal and pathological patterns. The first part of the guide presents and describes this methodology and the parameters of normal pediatric ECGs, while the second part focuses on specific pediatric anomalies. More than 150 ECGs displaying both normal and pathologic findings are included, all of which have been collected from clinical practice and analyzed using the proposed method. This book will be an invaluable reference tool for all cardiologists who deal with newborns and children.
- Guide to pediatric urology and surgery in clinical practice 2011, SpringerUrinary tract infection: USA -- Urinary tract infection: United Kingdom -- Urinary tract infection: Europe -- Urinary tract infection: Australasia -- Abnormalities of the scrotum -- Disorders of male external genitalia: problems of the penis and foreskin -- Disorders of male external genitalia: hypospadias, epispadias, concealed penis, and urethral disorders -- Disorders of male external genitalia: undescended testis -- Disorders of male external genitalia: circumcision -- Disorders of the female external genitalia -- Disorders of elimination: voiding dysfunction -- Disorders of elimination: nocturnal enuresis -- Disorders of elimination: constipation -- Hematuria and proteinuria -- Abdominal pain: urological aspects -- External angular dermoid and pilomatrixoma -- Neck swellings/lumps: midline neck swellings -- Neck swellings/lumps: lateral neck lumps -- Neck swellings/lumps: torticollis -- Umbilical disorders -- Surgical aspects of abdominal pain -- Approach to abdominal masses -- Gastro-esophageal reflux disease -- Rectal bleeding -- Intestinal obstruction -- Unique considerations in the neonate and infant: bile-stained vomiting in the neonate -- Unique considerations in the neonate and infant: pyloric stenosis -- Unique considerations in the neonate and infant: intussusception -- Hemangioma and lymphangioma.
- Hand bone age. 2nd ed. 2012, Springer
- Handbook of childhood and adolescent obesity 2008, SpringerPediatric obesity: trends and epidemiology / Ric G. Steele, Timothy D. Nelson, and Elissa Jelaian -- Health consequences of obesity in children and adolescents / Patrick Vivier and Christine Tompkins -- Psychological factors related to obesity in children and adolescents / Meg H. Zeller and Avani C. Modi -- Binge eating among children and adolescents / Marian Tanofsky-Kraff -- The definition and assessment of childhood overweight: a development perspective / Chermaine Tyler and Ginny Fullerton -- Diet assessment in children and adolescents / Nancy E. Sherwood -- Development of eating patterns / Vicky Phares, Jessica Curley, and Ariz Rojas -- Physiological mechanisms impacting weight regulation / David Fields and Paul Higgins -- Socioeconomic factors related to obesity in children and adolescents / Elizabeth Goodman -- The obesogenic environment / Amy A. Gorin and Melissa M. Crane -- Application of genetic epidemiology to understanding pediatric obesity / Robert Mair and Stephen T. McGarvey -- Development considerations in the prevention of pediatric obesity / Melissa Xanthopoulos, Chantelle Hart, and Elissa Jelalian -- Evidence-based treatments for childhood obesity / Hollie A. Raynor -- Empirically supported treatment of overweight adolescents / Alan M. Delamater ... [et al.] -- Intensive therapies for the treatment of pediatric obesity / Joan C. Han and Jack A. Yanovski -- Residential treatment programs for pediatric obesity / Paul J. Gately and Carlton B. Cooke -- Model treatment programs / Ann McGrath Davis and Rochelle L. James -- Cultural considerations in the development of pediatric weight management interventions / Dawn K. Wilson and Heather Kitzman-Ulrich -- Prevention of childhood obesity in childcare settings / Barbara A. Dennison and Myles S. Faith -- Obesity prevention programs for school-aged children and adolescents / David M. Janicke, Bethany J. Sallinen, and Jessica C. White Plume -- Preventing childhood obesity through collaborative public health action in communities / Vicki L. Collie-Akers and Stephen B. Fawcett -- The role of public policy in addressing the pediatric obesity epidemic / Patricia B. Crawford ... [et al.] -- Application of innovative technologies in the prevention and treatment of overweight in children and adolescents / Deborah F. Tate -- Motivational interviewing and pediatric obesity / Robyn S. Mehlenbeck and Yana Markov Wember -- Treatment of children and adolescents with obesity and comorbid psychiatric conditions / Alan Zametkin, Alanna Jacobs, Jessica Parrish -- Application of empirically supported treatments to clinical settings / Craig A. Johnston and William T. Dalton III -- Future directions in pediatric obesity prevention and intervention: research and practice / Elissa Jelalian, Ric G. Steele, and Chad D. Jensen.
- Handbook of clinical child neuropsychology. 3rd ed. 2009, SpringerFoundations and current issues -- Development of neuropsychology as a professional psychological specialty: history, training, and credentialing -- Development of the child's brain and behavior -- Development of cerebral lateralization in children -- Development of higher brain functions: birth through adolescence -- Neuropsychology of child psychopathology -- Neurodevelopmental malformations: etiology and clinical manifestations -- Pediatric brain injury: mechanisms and amelioration -- Neuropsychological basis of learning disabilities -- Measurement and statistical problems in neuropsychological assessment of children -- Models of inference in evaluating brain-behavior relationships in children -- Neuropsychological diagnosis -- Halstead-Reitan Neuropsychological Test Batteries for Children -- Nebraska Neuropsychological Children's Battery -- Applications of the Kaufman Assessment Battery for Children, 2nd edition in neuropsychological assessment -- Utilizing a neuropsychological paradigm for understanding common educational and psychological tests -- Assessment of behavior and personality in the neuropsychological diagnosis of children -- Psychophysiological evaluation of neuropsychological disorders in children -- Assessment of the Hispanic child -- Techniques of intervention -- Neurocognitive interventions for childhood and adolescent disorders: a transactional model -- Brain injury rehabilitation of children and youth: neurodevelopmental perspectives -- Neuropsychology of pediatric epilepsy and antiepileptic drugs -- Neuropsychological effects of stimulant medication on children's learning and behavior -- Nonstimulant psychotropic medication: desired and adverse cognitive events -- Special topics in clinical child neuropsychology -- Child clinical neuropsychology of drug abuse -- Neuropsychological aspects of attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder -- Neurobehavioral and neurodevelopmental sequelae associated with pediatric HIV infection -- Neuropsychological sequelae of chronic medical disorders in children and youth -- Coping and adjustment of children with neurological disorder -- Child forensic neuropsychology: a scientific approach -- Neuropsychology and coma management -- Neuropsychological aspects of pervasive developmental and autism spectrum disorders -- Using the Planning, Attention, Simultaneous, Successive (PASS) theory within a neuropsychological context.
- pt. 1. ESTABLISHING THE NEED AND CRITERIA FOR EVIDENCE-BASED THERAPIES. Evidence-based therapies for children and adolescents: problems and prospects / Ric G. Steele, Michael C. Roberts, and T. David Elkin -- Empirically supported treatments and evidence-based practice for children and adolescents / Michael C. Roberts and Rochelle L. James -- Methodological issues in the evaluation of therapies / Ric G. Steele, Jennifer A. Mize Nelson, and Timothy D. Nelson -- Evidence-based therapies: translating research into practice / Charmaine K. Hig aand Bruce F. Chorpita -- pt. 2. EVIDENCE-BASED THERAPIES FOR SPECIFIC DISORDERS OR CONDITIONS. ANXIETY DISORDERS: Psychosocial treatments for phobic and anxiety disorders in youth / Wendy K. Silverman and Armando A. Pina -- Panic disorder in adolescents / Thomas H. Ollendick and Donna Pincus -- Evidence-based treatment of pediatric obsessive-compulsive disorder / Eric A Storch ... [et al.] -- Interventions for posttraumatic stress in children and adolescents following natural disasters and acts of terrorism / Annette M. La Greca -- MOOD DISORDERS AND PROBLEMS: Mood disorders in childhood / Colleen M. Cummings and Mary A. Fristad -- Empirically supported psychotherapies for adolescent depression and mood disorders / John F. Curry and Sara J. Becker -- Evidence-based therapies for adolescent suicidal behavior / Anthony Spirito and Christianne Esposito-Smythers -- DISRUPTIVE BEHAVIOR DISORDERS AND RELATED PROBLEMS: Evidence-based treatments for attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) / Betsy Hoza, Nina Kaiser, and Elizabeth Hurt -- Evidence-based therapies for oppositional behavior in young children / Robert J. McMahon and Julie S. Kotler -- Treating conduct problems, aggression, and antisocial behavior in children and adolescents: an integrated view / Paul Boxer and Paul J. Frick -- Components of evidence-based interventions for bullying and peer victimization / Anne K. Jacobs -- PEDIATRIC/MEDICALLY RELATED DISORDERS: Pain and pain management / Lindsey L. Cohen, Jill E. MacLaren, and Crystal S. Lim -- Evidence-based treatments for children with chronic illnesses / T. David Elkin and Laura Stoppelbein -- Evidence-based therapies for enuresis and encopresis / Patrick C. Friman -- Evidencebased therapies for children and adolescents with eating disorders / David H. Gleaves and Janet D. Latner -- Evidence-based therapies for pediatric overweight / Craig A. Johnston and Chermaine Tyler -- OTHER DISORDERS AND PROBLEMS: Evidence-based therapies for autistic disorder and pervasive developmental disorders / Jonathan M. Campbell, Caitlin V. Herzinger, and Carrah L. James -- Evidence-based treatment for children with serious emotional disturbance / Camille J. Randall and Eric M. Vernberg -- Evidence-based approaches to social skills training with children and adolescents / Sharon L. Foster and Julie R. Bussman -- Evidence-based treatments for adolescent substance use disorders / Deborah Deas, Kevin Gray, and Himanshu Upadhyaya -- pt. 3. IMPLEMENTATION ISSUES. Dissemination of evidence-based manualized treatments for children and families in practice settings / Michael A. Southam-Gerow, Alyssa M. Marder, and A. Aukahi Austin -- Client, therapist, and treatment characteristics in EBT's for children and adolescents / Stephen Shirk and Dana McMakin -- Implementing evidence-based treatments with ethnically diverse clients / Beth A. Kotchick and Rachel L. Grover-- Evidence-based therapy and ethical practice / William A. Rae and Constance J. Fournier -- Adoption of evidence-based treatments (EBTs) in community settings: obstacles and opportunities / Julianne M. Smith-Boydston and Timothy D. Nelson -- Evidence-based assessment for children and adolescents / Vicky Phares and Jessica Curley -- Graduate training in evidence-based practice in psychology / Thad R. Leffingwell and Frank L. Collins, Jr. -- Emerging issues in the continuing evolution of evidence-based practice / T. David Elkin, Michael C. Roberts, and Ric G. Steele.
- Handbook of fractures. 3rd ed. 2006, OvidClosed reduction, casting, and traction -- Multiple trauma -- Open fractures -- Gunshot wounds -- Pathologic fractures -- Periprosthetic fractures -- Orthopaedic analgesia -- General spine -- Cervical spine -- Thoracolumbar spine -- Clavicle fractures -- Acromioclavicular and sternoclavicular joint injuries -- Scapula fractures -- Glenohumeral dislocation -- Proximal humerus fractures -- Humeral shaft fractures -- Distal humerus -- Elbow dislocation -- Olecranon -- Radial head -- Radius and ulna shaft -- Distal radius -- Wrist -- Hand -- Pelvis -- Acetabulum --Hip dislocations -- Femoral head -- Femoral neck fractures -- Intertrochanteric fractures -- Subtrochanteric fractures -- Femoral shaft -- Distal femur -- Knee dislocation -- Patella and extensor mechanism injuries -- Tibial plateau -- Tibial/fibula shaft -- Ankle fractures -- Calcaneus fractures -- Talus -- Fractures of the midfoot and forefoot -- Pediatric orthopedic surgery: general principles -- Pediatric shoulder -- Pediatric elbow -- Pediatric forearm -- Pediatric wrist and hand -- Pediatric hip -- Pediatric femoral shaft -- Pediatric knee -- Pediatric tibia and fibula -- Pediatric ankle -- Pediatric foot.
- Handbook of genomics and the family 2010, Springer
- Mental health services for children, adolescents, and families: trends, models, and current status / Ric G. Steele and Michael C. Roberts -- Mental health services for young children / Diane Powell and Glen Dunlap -- School psychologiy services / Steven W. Lee and T. Rene Jamison -- Providing services within a school-based intensive mental health program / Anne K. Jacobs, Camille Randall, Eric M. Vernberg, Michael C. Roberts, and Joseph E. Nye -- Inpatient pediatric consultation-liaison: applied child health psychology / Bryan D. Carter and Renee T. Van Weiss -- Mental health services for children in pediatric primary care settings / Terry Stancin -- Providing a range of services to fit the needs of youth in community mental health centers / Julianne M. Smith-Boydston -- Outpatient-private practice model / Bernadette M. Landolf -- Inpatient treatment models / Luis A Vargas and Artenio De Dios Brambila -- Child abuse prevention and intervention services / Michelle R. Kees and Barbara L. Bonner -- Services to prevent sexually transmitted diseases in adolescents / Beth A. Auslander, Mary B. Short, and Susan L. Rosenthal -- Treatment services for adolescent substance abuse / Beverly Pringle, and Jerry Flanzer --Targeted prevention of antisocial behavior in children: the early risers "Skill for Success" program / Michael L. Bloomquist, Gerald J. August, Susanne S. Lee, Barrie E. Berquist, and Robin Mathy -- Implementing effective youth violence prevention programs in community settings / Patricia A. Graczykand Patrick H. Tolan -- Adolescent sex offender programs / William D. Murphy, Jacqueline Page, and Rebecca Ettelson -- Rural mental health services / David L. Fenell and Alan J. Hovestadt -- Mental health services for children with chronic illness / Ann M. McGrath Davis and Ngan Voung -- Psychological services for children and families who are homeless / Mary E. Walsh and Julie Heim Jackson -- Telehealth/Internet services for children, adolescents, and families / Heidi J. Liss -- Therapeutic camping programs / Keri J. Brown -- Implementation of the Felix Consent Decree in Hawaii: the impact of policy and practice development efforts on service delivery / Bruce F. Chorpita and Christina Donkervoet -- Children's services in disasters and other emergencies / Gilbert Reyes, Trisha T. Miller, Merritt D. Schreiber, and Beth Todd-Bazemore -- Program evaluation approaches in service delivery in child and family mental health / Michael C. Roberts and Ric G. Steele -- Large-scale evaluations of children's mental health services: the Ft. Bragg and Stark County studies / Leonard Bickman and Shelagh Mulvaney -- Methodological challenges in the national evaluation of the comprehenive community mental health services for children and their families program / E. Wayne Holden, Robert L. Stephens, and Rolando L. Santiago -- The future of mental health service delivery for children, adolescents, and families: an agenda for organization and research / Ric G. Steele and Michael C. Roberts.
- Pathologists have long recognized that pediatric autopsy requires great care in technique and dissection to ensure that easily overlooked malformations are recognized and accurate diagnoses are made. The highly experienced authors have created a new edition of Handbook of Pediatric Autopsy Pathology, a comprehensive reference guide to the actual performance of the pediatric autopsy and the optimal recognition and interpretation of pathologic findings. The Handbook of Pediatric Autopsy Pathology, Second Edition covers the spectrum of pediatric pathology with particular reference to those conditions that can be identified at autopsy. New and updated material includes microbiological studies, particularly with the advent of newly described micro-organisms causing disease. The volume also addresses new developments in metabolic diseases, new techniques of ultrasound imaging, and specialized laboratory testing. Furthermore, the book provides a wealth of practical information and bibliographic citations throughout, new copious illustrations and line drawings, numerous standard reference tables, and appendices at the end of multiple chapters. Authored by authorities in the field, Handbook of Pediatric Autopsy Pathology, Second Edition is a valuable resource that will assist general and pediatric pathologists, neonatologists, interns and residents in training, as well as specialists in cytogenetics and ultrasound technicians in understanding the manner and cause of death in its broadest and comprehensive sense.
- Handbook of pediatric cardiovascular drugs 2008, Springer
- Handbook of pediatric chronic pain 2011, Springer
- Handbook of pediatric eye and systemic disease 2006, Springer1Embryology /Cynthia S. Cook, Kathleen K. Sulik, and Kenneth W. Wright -2Breaking the news: the role of the physician /Nancy Chernus-Mansfield --3Chromosomal anomalies and the eye /J. Bronwyn Bateman --4Craniofacial syndromes and malformations /Marilyn T. Miller and Anna Newlin --5Connective tissue, skin, and bone disorders /Elias I. Traboulsi --6Neurocutaneous syndromes /Maria A. Musarella --7Metabolic diseases /Lois J. Martyn --8Selected genetic syndromes with ophthalmic features /Natalie C. Kerr and Enikö Karman Pivnick --Infectious diseases /R. Christopher Walton, Roger K. George, and Alissa A. Craft --10Ocular manifestations of inherited diseases /Maya Eibschitz-Tsimhoni.
- Handbook of pediatric neuro-ophthalmology / 2006, Springer1Embryology /Cynthia S. Cook, Kathleen K. Sulik, and Kenneth W. Wright --2Pediatric neuro-ophthalmology examination /Edward G. Buckley --3The pediatric low-vision patient /Anne Frances Walonker --4Breaking the news: the role of the physician /Anne Chernus-Mansfield --5Ocular motility disorders /Mitra Maybodi, Richard W. Hertle, and Brian N. Bachynski --6Congenital optic nerve abnormalities /Paul H. Phillipps and Michael C. Brodsky --8Brain lesions with ophthalmologic manifestations /Michael X. Repka --9Nystagmus and ocular oscillations in infancy and childhood /Richard W. Hertle --10Neurodegenerative conditions of ophthalmic importance /Mark S. Borchert and Sarah Ying --11Neurocranial defects with neuro-ophthalmic significance /Ronald M. Minzter and Edward G. Buckley --12Management of common pediatric neuro-ophthalmology problems /James W. McManaway III and Dean J. Bonsall.
- Handbook of pediatric obesity Clinical management / 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of pediatric retinal disease 2006, Springer1Pediatric visual electrophysiology /Anthony Kriss and Dorothy Thompson --2The pediatric low-vision patient /Anne Frances Walonker --3Breaking the news: the role of the physician /Nancy Chernus-Mansfield --4Heritable disorders of RPE, Bruch's membrane /Arlene V. Drack --5Retinitis pigmentosa and associated disorders /Arlene V. Drack and Alan E. Kimura --6Disorders of the vitreous and vitreoretinal interface /David M. Brown and Thomas W. Weingeist --7Retinal vascular disorders /Richard M. Feist, Christopher F. Blodi, and Peter H. Spiegel --8Nonvascular hamartomas /Chittaranjan V. Reddy and Arlene V. Drack --9Retinoblastoma and other malignant intraocular tumors /A. Linn Murphree and Laurie E. Christensen --10Retinopathy of prematurity /Richard R. Ober, Earl A. Palmer, Arlene V. Drack, and Kenneth W. Wright --11Infectious, inflammatory, and toxic diseases of the retina and vitreous /William L. Haynes, Jose S. Pulido, and Peter H. Spiegel l--12Myopia /Arlene V. Drack --13Patterns of retinal diseases in children /Arlene V. Drack.
- Handbook of pediatric strabismus and amblyopia 2006, SpringerPediatric eye examination /Ann U. Stout --2Anatomy and physiology of eye movements /Kenneth W. Wright --3Binocular vision and introduction to strabismus /Kenneth W. Wright --4Visual development and amblyopia /Kenneth W. Wright --5The ocular motor examination /Kenneth W. Wright --6Sensory aspects of strabismus /Kenneth W. Wright --7Esodeviations /Kenneth W. Wright --8Exotropia /Kenneth W. Wright --9Alphabet patterns and oblique /Kenneth W. Wright --10Complex strabismus: restriction, paresis, dissociated strabismus, and torticollis /Kenneth W. Wright --11Strabismus surgery /Kenneth W. Wright and Pauline Hong --12Ocular motility disorders /Mitra Maybodi, Richard W. Hertle, and Brian N. Bachynski --13Optical pearls and pitfalls /David L. Guyton, Joseph M. Miller, and Constance W. West.
- Handbook of pediatric surgery 2010, SpringerMilestones in pediatric surgery -- Fluids, electrolytes, and dehydration -- Metabolic response to injury and sepsis -- Shock -- Parenteral nutrition -- Hematology for surgeons -- Postoperative problems -- Neonatal physiology and care -- Fetal surgery: general principles -- Diaphragmatic hernia -- Esophageal atresia -- Pyloric stenosis -- Malrotation -- Intestinal atresia -- Necrotizing entercolitis -- Meconium ileus -- Hirschsprung's disease -- Anorectal malformations -- Abdominal wall defects -- Surgical neck pathology -- Developmental lung anomalies -- Gastro-esophageal reflux -- Gastrointestinal bleeding -- Acute abdomen -- Intussusception -- Appendicitis -- Rare causes of abdominal pain -- Crohn's disease -- Ulcerative colitis -- Short bowel syndrome -- Intestinal transplantation -- Vascular malformations -- Inguinal hernias and hydroceles -- The acute scrotum -- The undescended testes -- Miscellaneous problems of the male genitalia -- Miscellaneous surgical issues -- Basic pediatric laparoscopy and thoracoscopy -- Urinary tract infection -- The ureter -- Vesico-ureteric reflux -- Neurogenic bladder -- Posterior urethral valves -- Hypospadias -- Bladder exstrophy, epispadias, and cloacal exstrophy -- Disorders of sex development -- Investigation of jaundice -- Biliary atresia -- Choledochal malformations -- Gallbladder disease -- Portal hypertension -- Pancreatic disease -- Liver transplantation -- Wilms' tumor -- Liver tumors -- Neuroblastoma -- Teratomas -- Miscellaneous tumors -- Trauma management: general principles -- Abdominal trauma -- Thoracic trauma -- Basic brain injury -- Spina bifida -- Hydrocephalus.; Appendices: Reference weights and heights -- Anatomical reference -- Human developmental milestones.
- Handbook of pediatric surgical patient care 2014, WorldScientificHandbook of Pediatric Surgical Patient Care focuses on the decision-making process in the overall management of the pediatric surgical patient and provides guidelines for diagnosis. The book covers topics ranging from a wide spectrum of neonatal conditions and surgical critical care to other childhood afflictions, pediatric cancer and the injured child. It also focuses on the current management of common childhood conditions including appendicitis, pyloric stenosis and hernias. The purpose of this handbook is to provide a brief, easily accessible, rapid source of contemporary information to students, residents and practitioners caring for infants and children with surgical disorders.
- Handbook of pediatric transfusion medicine 2004, ScienceDirect
- Handbook of positive behavior support 2009, SpringerForeword / Renée Bradley -- Introduction: Overview and history of positive behavior support / Glen Dunlap ... [et al.]. The intellectual roots of positive behavior support and their implications for its development / George H.S. Singer and Mian Wang -- Early childhood, family and community: Positive behavior support and early intervention / Glen Dunlap and Lise Fox. Toward an ecological unit of analysis in behavioral assessment and intervention with families of children with developmental disabilities / Joseph M. Lucyshyn ... [et al.]. Positive behavior support and early intervention for young children with autism : case studies on the efficacy of proactive treatment of problem behavior / Phillip S. Strain and Ilene Schwartz. Integrating a positive behavior support approach within Head Start / Andy J. Frey, Cheryl Anne Boyce, and Louisa Banks Tarullo. Empirically supported intervention practices for autism spectrum disorders in school and community settings : issues and practices / Lynn Kern Koegel, Suzanne Robinson, and Robert L. Koegel. A programwide model for supporting social emotional development and addressing challenging behavior in early childhood setting / Lise Fox and Mary Louise Hemmeter. Integrating PBS, mental health services, and family-driven care / Albert J. Duchnowski and Krista Kutash. Optimistic parenting : hope and help for parents with challenging children / V. Mark Durand ... [et al.]. Families facing extraordinary challenges in urban communities systems-level application of positive behavior support / Amy McCart ... [et al.]. Delivering behavior support in the foster care system / Kimberly Crosland ... [et al.] -- Schoolwide: Defining and describing schoolwide positive behavior support / George Sugai and Robert H. Horner. Sustainability of systems-level evidence-based practices in schools : current knowledge and future directions / Kent McIntosh, Robert H. Horner, and George Sugai. Increasing family participation through schoolwide positive behavior supports / Timothy J. Lewis. Primary-tier interventions and supports / Heather Peshak George, Don Kincaid, and Jenna Pollard-Sage. Secondary-tier interventions and supports / Leanne S. Hawken ... [et al.]. Function-based supports for individual students in school settings / Terrance M. Scott ... [et al.]. Implementation of schoolwide positive behavior support in urban settings / Robert Putnam ... [et al.]. Positive behavior support in alternative education, community-based mental health, and juvenile justice settings / C. Michael Nelson ... [et al.]. Behavior supports in nonclassroom settings / Lori Newcomer, Geoff Colvin, and Timothy J. Lewis. Facilitating academic achievement through schoolwide positive behavior support / Bob Algozzine and Kate Algozzine. Using a problem-solving model to enhance data-based decision making in schools / J. Stephen Newton ... [et al.]. Finding a direction for high school positive behavior support / Hank Bohanon ... [et al.]. Systems change and the complementary roles of in-service and preservice training in schoolwide positive behavior support / Rachel Freeman -- New directions: Sustaining positive behavior support in a context of comprehensive school reform / Wayne Sailor ... [et al.]. Completing the continuum of schoolwide positive behavior support : wraparound as a tertiary-level intervention / Lucille Eber ... [et al.]. Implementing function-based support within schoolwide positive behavior support / Cynthia M. Anderson and Terrence M. Scott. Response to intervention and positive behavior support / Wayne Sailor ... [et al.].
- Handbook of sleep medicine 2006, OvidPopulations at risk for sleep disturbances / Phyllis C. Zee and Alon Y. Avidan -- Sleep-disordered breathing / Suzette Sewell-Scheuermann and Barbara A. Phillips -- Insomnia / Ruth M. Benca -- Hypersomnia and narcolepsy / Timothy F. Hoban and Ronald D. Chervin -- Motor disorders of sleep and parasomnias / Alon Y. Avidan -- Circadian rhythm sleep disorders / Brandon S. Lu, Prasanth Manthena, and Phyllis C. Zee -- Sleep disorders in children / Judith Anne Owens and Katherine Finn Davis.
- Harley's Pediatric ophthalmology. 5th ed. 2005, OvidGenetics of eye disease / Terri L. Young and Leila M. Khazaeni -- Neonatal ophthalmology: ocular development in childhood / Kammi B. Gunton, Leonard B. Nelson, and Scott E. Olitsky -- Retinopathy of prematurity / James D. Reynolds -- The pediatric eye examination / John W. Simon and Nalini K. Aggarwal -- Electrodiagnostic tests of the retina and higher centers / Ronald E. Carr -- Refraction in infants and children / Michael X. Repka -- Ambylopia / Evelyn A. Paysse and David K. Coats -- Sensory adaptations in strabismus / Marshall M. Parks -- Strabismus disorders / Scott E. Olitsky and Leonard B. Nelson -- Surgical management of strabismus / Rudolph S. Wagner -- Conjunctival diseases / Cintia F. Gomi ... [et al.] -- Diseases of the cornea / Christopher J. Rapuano and Peter R. Laibson -- Pediatric cataracts and lens anomalies / Derek B. Hess, Rachel A. Tesser, and Edward G. Buckley -- Glaucoma in infants and children / Sharon F. Freedman and David S. Walton -- Uveitis in children / Conrad L. Giles, Antonio Capone Jr., and Mandar M. Joshi -- Diseases of the retina and vitreous / Eric D. Weichel ... [et al.] -- Congenital abnormalities of the optic disc / Gary C. Brown and Melissa M. Brown -- Disorders of the lacrimal apparatus in infancy and childhood / Deborah K. VanderVeen -- Pediatric eyelid disorders / Forrest J. Ellis -- Disorders of the orbit / Daniel P. Schaefer -- Ocular tumors of childhood / Jerry A. Shields and Carol L. Shields -- The systemic hamartomatoses ("phakomatoses") / Jerry A. Shields and Carol L. Shields -- Ocular abnormalities in childhood metabolic disorders / Avery H. Weiss -- Pediatric neuro-ophthalmology / Robert C. Sergott and Denise Hug -- Nystagmus / Mitchell B. Strominger -- Ocular trauma and its prevention / Robert A. Catalano -- Role of the ophthalmologist in learning disorders / Harold P. Koller and Kenneth B. Goldberg -- Working with visually impaired children and their families / Marilyn A. Moller with Rose D. Skolnick -- Medicolegal issues in pediatric ophthalmology / Edward L. Raab -- The evolution of strabismus surgery / Norman B. Medow.
- Harriet Lane handbook. Twentieth edition [20th ed.]. 2015, MD Consult
- Heart diseases in children 2011, Springer
- Hematology, immunology and infectious disease. 2nd ed. 2012, ScienceDirect
- Hemodynamics and cardiology. 2nd ed. 2012, ScienceDirectNeonatal hemodynamics -- Principles of developmental cardiovascular physiology and pathophysiology -- Principles of developmental cardiovascular physiology and pathophysiology -- Autoregulation of vital and nonvital organ blood flow in the preterm and term neonate -- Definition of normal blood pressure range: the elusive target -- Diagnosis of neonatal shock: methods and their clinical applications -- Methods to assess systemic and organ blood flow in the neonate -- Functional echocardiography in the neonatal intensive care unit -- Assessment of cardiac output in neonates: techniques using the Fick principle, pulse wave form analysis, and electrical impedance -- Near-infrared spectroscopy and its use for the assessment of tissue perfusion in the neonate -- Clinical applications of near-infrared spectroscopy in neonates -- Advanced magnetic neuroimaging techniques in the neonate with a focus on hemodynamic-related brain injury -- Cardiovascular magnetic resonance in the study of neonatal hemodynamics -- Assessment of the microcirculation in the neonate -- Clinical presentations and relevance of neonatal shock -- Clinical presentations of neonatal shock: the very low birth-weight neonate during the first postnatal day -- Very low birth weight neonate with hemodynamically significant ductus arteriosus during the first postnatal week -- Preterm neonate with cardiovascular and adrenal insufficiency -- Shock in the surgical neonate -- Hemodynamics and brain injury in the preterm neonate -- Fetal and neonatal cardiology -- Embryonic and fetal development -- Genetics of fetal and neonatal cardiovascular disease -- Human cardiac development in the first trimester -- Reappraisal of normal and abnormal cardiac development -- Fetal and neonatal cardiology -- New concepts for training the pediatric cardiology workforce of the future -- Current role of fetal echocardiography -- Clinical evaluation of cardiovascular unction in the human fetus -- Cardiac surgery in the neonate with congenital heart disease -- Regional blood flow monitoring in the perioperative period -- Mechanical pump support and cardiac transplant in the neonate -- Catheter-based therapy in the neonate with congenital heart disease -- Hybrid management techniques in the treatment of the neonate with congenital heart disease.
- Hirschsprung's disease and allied disorders. 3rd ed. 2008, Springer
- History of the Avon Longitudinal Study of Parents and Children (ALSPAC), c. 1980-2000 2012, Wellcome Trust
- Section 1. Isolated pediatric eye disorders -- Section 2. Ocular manifestations of systemic disease.
- Hot topics in infection and immunity in children. II 2005, Springer
- Hot topics in infection and immunity in children. III 2006, Springer1. Warfare and the state of the world's children / Frank Shann -- 2. How do we treat children with severe malaria? / Kathyrn Maitland -- 3. The neglected tropical diseases : the ancient afflictions of stigma and poverty and the prospects for their control and elimination / Peter Hotez, Eric Ottesen, Alan Fenwick, and David Molyneux-- 4. Viral haemorrhagic fevers caused by Lassa, Ebola and Marburg viruses / Nigel Curtis -- 5. Rotavirus and rotavirus vaccines / Roger I. Glass, Joseph Bresee, Baoming Jiang, Umesh Parashar, Eileen Yee, and Jon Gentsch -- 6. Transient deficiencies of T-cell-mediated immunity in the neonate / David A. Randolph and David B. Lewis -- 7. Controversies in neonatal sepsis : immunomodulation in the treatment and prevention of neonatal sepsis / Samantha J. Moss and Andrew R. Gennery -- 8. Chlamydia trachomatis genital Infections in adolescents and young adults / Toni Darville -- 9. The role of inflammation and infection in the development of chronic lung disease in prematurity / Philip L. Davies, Nicola C. Maxwell, and Sailesh Kotecha -- 10. Streptococcus pneumoniae : infection, inflammation and disease / Tim J. Mitchell -- 11. Impact of antimicrobial resistance on therapy of bacterial pneumonia in children / B. Keith English and Steven C. Buckingham -- 12. Diagnosis and prevention of pneumococcal disease / Hanna Nohynek -- 13. New antibiotics for gram-positive infections / John S. Bradley -- 14. Clinical manifestations of nontuberculous mycobacteria / Robert S. Heydeman and Julia Clark -- 15. Kingella kingae : an emerging pediatric pathogen / Pablo Yagupsky -- 16. How to treat acute musculoskeletal infections in children / Nico G. Hartwig -- 17. Prevention of transmission of HIV-1 from mothers to infants in Africa / Hoosen Coovadia and Derseree Archary -- 18. Practical aspects of antiretroviral treatment in children / Sam Walters -- 19. Antibiotic treatment for acute otitis media in children / Matthew J. Thompson and Paul Glasziou-- 20. Antibiotic prophylaxis for the prevention of recurrent urinary tract infections in children / Elliot Long, Samantha Colquhoun, and Jonathan R. Carapetis -- 21. Human metapneumovirus : an important cause of acute repiratory illness /. Adilia Warris and Ronald de Groot.
- Hot topics in infection and immunity in children. V 2009, SpringerShiga-toxin producing escherichia coli and the hemolytic uremic syndrome / Christina K. Ahn, Nicholas J. Holt, Phillip I. Tarr -- Global epidemiology of pneumococcal disease - new prospects for vaccine control / Vinicius C. Antao, William P. Hausdorff -- Current concepts of the pathogenesis of RSV bronchiolitis / Louis Bont -- How can we eradicate pertussis / James D. Cherry -- Recognition and management of encephalitis in children / James D. Cherry -- Microbiology and management of pleural empyema / Julia Clark -- Pneumococcal conjugate vaccines probe studies / Ron Dagan -- New findings in primary immunodeficiency / Andrew R. Gennery, Andrew J. Cant -- Routine use of influenza vaccine / David Isaacs -- Challenges in the evaluation and management of bone and joint infections and the role of new antibiotics for gram positive infections / Sheldon L. Kaplan -- Significance of serotype replacement for pneumococcal disease and antibiotic resistance / Keith P. Klugman -- Childhood intra-thoracic tuberculosis / Ben J. Marais -- Antibiotic pipeline in pediatrics / George H. McCracken -- Paediatric drug development and clinical trials / E. David G. McIntosh -- Influenza in pregnancy / Shelly McNeil, Beth Halperin, Noni MacDonald -- Febrile neutropenia in children with cancer / Stéphane Paulus, Simon Dobson -- PANDAS syndrome / Michael E. Pichichero -- Fever in the returned paediatric traveller / F. Andrew I. Riordan -- Molecular diagnostics of primary immunodeficiencies / Mirjam van der Burg, Menno C. van Zelm, Jacques J.M. van Dongen -- Human genetic resistance to malaria / Thomas N. Williams.
- Identifying, assessing, and treating ADHD at school 2009, SpringerADHD is the most commonly diagnosed childhood behavioral disorder. Moreover, many students receiving special education assistance are reported to have ADHD. This book offers guidance on conducting psycho educational assessments of children with ADHD. It is suitable for school psychologists, and mental health professionals.
- Identifying, assessing, and treating dyslexia at school 2009, Springer"As many as one in four children experiences problems with reading. Dyslexia, the most common learning disability leads to well-documented negative effects on school and, ultimately, adult success. Therefore, it is critical that school professionals provide early and effective assessment and intervention. This volume equips practitioners with in-depth understanding of the disorder and a wealth of practical information for meeting student needs." "As the duties of school psychologists and related education professionals become more complex, recognizing and providing services for students with learning disorders has become progressively more demanding. Identifying, Assessing, and Treating Dyslexia at School offers practitioners an accessible and easy-to-read reference that they will use for years to come."--BOOK JACKET.
- Imaging endocrine diseases in children 2012, Springer
- Imaging in pediatric pulmonology 2012, Springer
- Imaging in pediatric skeletal trauma 2008, Springer
- Imaging of gynecological disorders in infants and children 2012, SpringerDiagnostic imaging techniques -- Embryology of the female reproductive tract -- Disorders of sex development -- Gynaecological disorders in the neonate and young child -- Structural abnormalities of the female reproductive tract -- Normal growth and puberty -- Delayed precocious puberty -- Menstrual disorders and vaginal discharge -- Gynaecological causes of pelvic pain -- Gynaecological neoplasia -- Breast disorders -- Index.
- Imaging of pediatric bone and joint trauma 2011, Springer
- Imaging of the cervical spine in children. 2nd ed. 2013, SpringerDevelopmental Anatomy -- Normal Variations -- Anomalies -- Anomalies and Normal Variations of the Dens -- Trauma -- Miscellaneous Cervical Spine Problems.
- Immunization safety review 2004, NAP
- Immunization safety review 2003, NAP
- Importance of growth for health and development 2010, KargerGrowth and later health : a general perspective / Lucas, A -- Early infancy as a critical period for development of obesity and related conditions / Gillman, M.W -- Leptin, nutrition, and the programming of hypothalamic feeding circuits / Bouret, S.G -- Early growth and ageing / Chen, J.-H., Cottrell, E.C., Ozanne, S. -- Does early growth affect long-term risk factors for cardiovascular disease? / Singhal, A. -- Developing world perspective : the importance of growth for short-term health / Adair, L.S. -- Postnatal growth and development in the preterm and small for gestational age infant / Cooke, R.J. -- Interrelationship between growth and development in low and middle income countries / Martorell, R., Nguyen, P. -- Role of long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids in neurodevelopment and growth / Makrides M., Gibson, R.A. -- Growth and development of the brain and impact on cognitive outcomes / Hüppi, P. -- Benefits and harms of iron supplementation in iron-deficient and iron-sufficient children / Domell'f, M. -- Effects of selective dropout on infant growth standards / Van Buuren, S. -- The 2000 centers for disease control and prevention growth charts : several insights after 8 years / Ogden, C.L. ... [et al.] -- Growth charts compared / Ziegler, E.E., Nelson, S.E. -- Body composition in infancy : impact on health later in life / Ellis, K.J. -- Endocrinology of growth / Rosenfeld, R.G.
- Infant feeding practices 2011, Springer
- Inheriting the world 2004, WHO
- Integrative pediatric oncology 2012, SpringerThis practice-oriented handbook covers complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) practices in pediatric oncology worldwide, with a focus on methods used in Western countries. Provides a road map for establishing integrative pediatric oncology worldwide.
- International perspectives on child & adolescent mental health. Vol. 2 2002, ScienceDirect
- Is soccer bad for children's heads? 2002, NAP
- Issues in complementary feeding 2007, KargerBreastfeeding and complementary feeding of children up to 2 years of age / K.H. Brown -- Does breastfeeding protect from growth acceleration and later obesity? / A. Singhal -- Later effects of breastfeeding practice: the evidence / D. Turck -- Traditional foods vs. manufactured baby foods / E.L. Ferguson, N. Darmon -- Potential contaminants in the food chain: identification, prevention and issue management / F.P. Scanlan -- The microbiological risk / L. Morelli -- Cereal fortification programs in developing countries / S. Bulusu ... [et al.] -- Processed infant cereals as vehicles of functional components / M. Domelléf, C. West -- Functional ingredients in the complementary feeding period and long-term effects / C. Agostoni, E. Riva, M. Giovannini -- The influence of gluten: weaning recommendations for healthy children and children at risk for celiac disease / S. Guandalini -- Allergic infants: growth and implications while on exclusion diets / K. Laitinen, E. Isolauri -- Weaning infants with malnutrition, including HIV / N.W. Solomons -- Adverse effects of cow's milk in infants / E.E. Ziegler -- Whole cow's milk: why, what and when? / K.F. Michaelsen ... [et al.] -- Meat as an early complementary food for infants: implications for macro- and micronutrient intakes / N.F. Krebs -- Functional fermented milk products / O. Brunser, M. Gotteland, S. Cruchet.
- Joint imaging in childhood and adolescence 2013, SpringerSince the advent of cross-sectional imaging methods, few works have been devoted to pediatric musculoskeletal imaging, and information is especially limited on the skeletally immature joint. Furthermore, reduced emphasis on pediatric training means that general radiologists are increasingly unfamiliar with normal and abnormal imaging findings in children and adolescents. Knowledge of the imaging appearances of the immature joint is, however, crucial for correct image interpretation. This book covers key selected topics in the imaging evaluation of the skeletally immature joint. The opening chapters consider the current role, advantages, and limitations of each modality in pediatric assessment and present the imaging appearances of anatomic and developmental peculiarities of the growing skeleton. Findings in a wide range of important conditions are then described in a series of richly illustrated chapters that document appearances on diverse imaging studies, from conventional radiography through to modern high-tech modalities. By presenting the essential information on imaging of the immature joint, the authors hope to provide radiologists (musculoskeletal specialists and generalists alike) with a new tool that will assist greatly in overcoming the daily challenges posed by interpretation of pediatric examinations in the twenty-first century. The book will also be of interest to all other specialists involved in the diagnosis and treatment of children and adolescents with articular complaints.
- Kendig and Chernick's disorders of the respiratory tract in children. 8th ed. 2012, ScienceDirect
- Laparoscopy in children. 2nd ed. 2013, SpringerWhen Laparoscopy in Children was first published in 2003, it quickly became popular with pediatric surgeons worldwide owing to its clear schematic drawings and concise text. This new edition has been revised and enlarged to cover the new procedures and other advances that have emerged in the intervening period, during which the number of operations has almost doubled. Now, the vast majority of indications for laparoscopy in children are presented and discussed. Each operation is systematically described and illustrated step by step, providing the reader with the technical guidelines required to perform laparoscopy safely even in small children. Laparoscopy in Children will be an invaluable guide for all surgeons who perform, or plan to perform, such operations.
- Learning pediatric imaging 2011, SpringerTumoral neurology [cases]: Pilocytic astrocytoma -- Pilomyxoid astrocytoma -- Ependymoma -- Infrequent presentation of medulloblastoma -- Brainstem tumors -- Choroid plexus tumors -- Atypical teratoid/rhabdoid tumor of the CNS -- Glioblastoma -- Rhabdomyosarcoma -- Pineoblastoma -- Tumoral and non-tumoral neurology [cases]: Nasal chondromesenchymal hamartoma -- Pleomorphic xanthoastrocytoma -- Desmoplastic infantile ganglioglioma -- Dysembryoplastic neuroepithelial tumor of the pellucidum (DNET SP) -- CNS langerhans cell histiocytosis -- Hemangioma of infancy -- Vascular lesion of the face -- Retinoblastoma -- Tuberous sclerosis -- Neurofibromatosis type 1 -- Non-tumoral neurology [cases]: Acute disseminated encephalomyelitis -- Multiple sclerosis -- Posterior reversible encephalopathy syndrome -- Focal cortical dysplasia -- CNS takayasu arteritis -- Premamilar ventriculostomy -- Bilateral cystic microphthalmia (Bilateral cystic eye) -- Tuberculous meningitis -- Spinal epidural abscess -- Mitochondrial myopathy, encephalopathy, lactic acidosis, and stoke (MELAS) syndrome -- Thorax [cases]: Parapneumonic pleural effusion -- Primary pulmonary tuberculosis -- Viral infections -- Pulmonary aspergillosis -- Cystic fibrosis -- Cystic pleuropulmonary blastoma -- Endobronchial tumor: mucoepidermoid carcinoma -- Pulmonary artery sling -- Partial anomalous pulmonary venous return -- Coarctation of the aorta -- Non-tumoral abdomen [cases]: Intussusception -- Hypertrophic pyloric stenosis -- Mesenteric lymphadenopathy in children -- Acute appendiciis -- Inflammatory bowel disease -- Pancreatic trauma -- Focal nodular hyperplasia -- Ascariasis -- Congenital imperforate hymen with hydrocolpos -- Intrauterine spermatic cord torsion -- Tumoral abdomen [cases]: Neuroblastoma -- Hepatoblastoma -- Infantile hemangioendothelioma of the liver -- Endodermal sinus tumors (Yolk sac tumors) -- Adrenocortical tumors -- Hodgkin's lymphoma -- Non-Hodgkin lymphoma -- Hepatosplenic candidiasis in acute lymphoblastic leukemia -- Cystic testicular teratoma -- Ovarian tumor (Yolk sac tumor) -- Genitourinary [cases]: Wilms' tumor -- Fetal rhabdomyomatous nephroblastoma -- Mesoblastic nephroma -- Malignant rhabdoid tumor of the kidney -- Megacystis-microcolon-intestinal hypoperistalsis -- Ossifying renal tumor of infancy -- Xanthogranulomatous pyelonephritis -- Ureteral duplications -- Renal trauma -- Renal candidiasis -- Musculoskeletal [cases]: Legg-calve-perthes disease -- Perisciatic pyomyositis -- Chronic recurrent multifocal osteomyelitis -- Spondylodiscitis -- Septic arthritis of the hip -- Lipoblastoma -- Osteosarcoma -- Ewing's sarcoma -- Lumbar Ewing's sarcoma -- Granulocytic sarcoma -- Neonatal [cases]: Surfactant deficiency disease -- Bronchogenic cyst -- Localized persistent pulmonary interstitial emphysema -- Posthemorrhagic hydrocephalus in the preterm infant -- Hypoxoic-ischemic encephalopathy -- Cerebral sinovenous thrombosis in neonates -- Disseminated cerebral candidiasis in preterm infants -- Necrotizing enterocolitis -- Midgut volvulus -- Portal calcification seondary to umbilical vein catheterization -- Fetal [cases]: Fetal open-lip schizencephaly -- Classic lissencephaly -- Fetal thyrocervical teratoma -- Congenital cystic andemoatoid malformation, type II -- Congenital diaphragmatic hernia -- Multicystic dysplasia of the kidney -- Fetal posterior urethral valves -- Fetal jejunal atresia -- Prune belly syndrome (Eagle-Barrett syndrome) -- Gastroschisis.
- Life with epidermolysis bullosa (EB) 2009, Springer
- "Now in its updated Seventh Edition, Lovell and Winter's Pediatric Orthopaedics remains a must-have for physicians and residents treating infants, children, and adolescents with orthopaedic problems. This classic, comprehensive reference covers the basic science, clinical manifestations, and management of orthopaedic problems in children. Now in full color, the foremost orthopaedists examine normal musculoskeletal development and the causes, diagnosis, and treatment of the entire range of abnormalities, with emphasis on evidence-based decision making in treatment selection. The clinical chapters include pearls and pitfalls and a description of the author's preferred approach. The book will now cover surgical techniques of management with step-by-step illustrations from the Atlas of Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgery."--Provided by publisher.
- Management of pediatric obesity and diabetes 2011, SpringerThe twin epidemics of obesity and type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM) continue to affect an ever increasing number of children, adolescents, and young adults. Management of Pediatric Obesity and Diabetes provides healthcare trainees and professionals with practical, comprehensive, and contemporary approaches to the pediatric patient at risk for obesity, T2DM, and related conditions. A unique guide on the subject, this volume provides clinical paradigms for diagnosis and management of pediatric T2DM and related conditions, while succinctly describing state-of-the-art basic and clinical sciences underlying these problems. The chapters in this volume are independent and concise. Each chapter focuses on a key clinical issue or mechanism of disease. Providing practical, data-driven resources based upon the totality of the evidence, this important text helps the reader understand the basics of pediatric obesity and T2DM and implement strategies to prevent and treat obesity and diabetes in children and adolescents. Management of Pediatric Obesity and Diabetes provides health professionals across many areas of research and practice with up-to-date, well-referenced, and comprehensive evidence on identification, treatment, and prevention of these chronic, serious, metabolic diseases in children. This volume will serve the reader as the most authoritative resource in the field to date.
- Manual of neonatal respiratory care. 3rd ed. 2012, SpringerPart 1.Lung Development and Maldevelopment --Development of the Respiratory System --Developmental Lung Anomalies --Part 2.Principles of Mechanical Ventilation --Spontaneous Breathing --Pulmonary Gas Exchange --Oxygen Therapy --Oxygen Toxicity --Pulmonary Mechanics --Basic Principles of Mechanical Ventilation --Classification of Mechanical Ventilation Devices --Ventilator Parameters --Respiratory Gas Conditioning and Humidification --Part 3.Procedures and Techniques --Clinical Examination --Neonatal Resuscitation --Laryngoscopy and Endotracheal Intubation --Vascular Access --Tracheostomy --Part 4.Monitoring the Ventilated Patient --Continuous Monitoring Techniques --Pulse Oximetry --Interpretation of Blood Gases --Neonatal Pulmonary Graphics --Radiography --Transillumination --Echocardiography --Bronchoscopy --Part 5.Non-Invasive Ventilatory Techniques --Nasal Cannula Therapy --Continuous Positive Airway Pressure --Non-invasive Ventilation --Part 6.Ventilatory Modes and Modalities --Positive End-Expiratory Pressure --Intermittent Mandatory Ventilation --Synchronized Intermittent Mandatory Ventilation --Assist/Control Ventilation --Volume-Targeted Ventilation --Pressure Control Ventilation --Pressure Support Ventilation --Proportional Assist Ventilation --Part 7.High-Frequency Ventilation --High-Frequency Ventilation: General Concepts --High-Frequency Jet Ventilation --High-Frequency Oscillatory Ventilation --Part 8.Commonly Used Neonatal Ventilators --VIP Bird Gold Ventilator --AVEA Ventilator --Bear Cub 750PSV --Newport Wave --Newport e360 --Dräger Babylog VN500 Infant and Pediatric Ventilator --SERVO-i Ventilator and Neurally Adjusted Ventilatory Assist (NAVA) --SLE5000 and SLE4000 Infant Ventilators --Bunnell Life Pulse High-Frequency Jet Ventilator --Sensormedics 3100A High-Frequency Oscillatory Ventilator --Part 9.Adjunctive Therapies --Hemodynamic Support --Nutritional Support of the Ventilated Infant --Surfactant Replacement Therapy --Pharmacologic Agents --Automatic Control of Oxygen Delivery --Sedation and Analgesia --Inhaled Nitric Oxide Therapy --Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation --Liquid Ventilation for Neonatal Respiratory Failure --Part 10.Management of Common Neonatal Respiratory Diseases --Mechanisms of Respiratory Failure --Tissue Hypoxia --Indications for Mechanical Ventilation --Respiratory Distress Syndrome --Pneumonia --Meconium Aspiration Syndrome --Persistent Pulmonary Hypertension of the Newborn --Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia --Pulmonary Hypoplasia/Agenesis --Apnea Syndromes --Weaning and Extubation --Part 11.Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia --Etiology and Pathogenesis --Management --Long-Term Outcome of Newborns with Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia --Part 12.Complications Associated With Mechanical Ventilation --Thoracic Air Leaks --Patent Ductus Arteriosus --Neonatal Pulmonary Hemorrhage --Retinopathy of Prematurity --Neurologic Complications of Mechanical Ventilation --Part 13.Other Considerations --Nursing Care of the Ventilated Infant --Transport of Ventilated Babies --Home Ventilation --Discharge Planning and Follow-Up of the NICU Graduate --Part 14.Ethical and Legal Considerations --Initiation of Life Support at the Border of Viability --Withdrawal of Ventilatory Support --Medical Liability, Documentation, and Risk Management --Part 15.Research and the Literature --Interpreting Medical Literature.
- Manual of pediatric hematology and oncology. 5th ed. 2011, ScienceDirectChapter 1. Classification and Diagnosis of Anemia in Children -- Chapter 2. Anemia During the Neonatal Period -- Chapter 3. Iron-Deficiency Anemia -- Chapter 4. Megaloblastic Anemia -- Chapter 5. Hematologic Manifestations of Systemic Illness -- Chapter 6. Bone Marrow Failure -- Chapter 7. Red Cell Membrane and Enzyme Defects -- Chapter 8. Hemoglobinopathies -- Chapter 9. Extracorpuscular Hemolytic Anemia -- Chapter 10. Polycythemia -- Chapter 11. Disorders of White Blood Cells -- Chapter 12. Disorders of Platelets -- Chapter 13. Hemostatic Disorders -- Chapter 14. Thrombotic Disorders -- Chapter 15. Lymphadenopathy and Splenomegaly -- Chapter 16. Lymphoproliferative Disorders, Myelodysplastic Syndromes and Myeloproliferative Disorders -- Chapter 17. Leukemias -- Chapter 18. Histiocytosis Syndromes -- Chapter 19. Hodgkin Lymphoma -- Chapter 20. Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma -- Chapter 21. Central Nervous System Malignancies -- Chapter 22. Neuroblastoma -- Chapter 23. Renal Tumors -- Chapter 24. Rhabdomyosarcoma and Other Soft-Tissue Sarcomas -- Chapter 25. Malignant Bone Tumors -- Chapter 26. Retinoblastoma -- Chapter 27. Germ Cell Tumors -- Chapter 28. Hepatic Tumors -- Chapter 29. Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation -- Chapter 30. Management of Oncologic Emergencies -- Chapter 31. Supportive Care of Patients with Cancer -- Chapter 32. Evaluation, Investigations and Management of Late Effects of Childhood Cancer -- Chapter 33. Psychosocial Aspects of Cancer for Children and their Families.
- Adolescent preventive services -- The adolescent patient interview -- Tanner staging -- Normal adolescent development -- Male genitourinary exam -- The pelvic exam and pap smear -- Adolescent dermatology -- Obesity -- Adolescent nutrition, IBD, IBS -- Sports injuries in the adolescent -- Cardiac issues in adolescence -- Menstrual irregularities: amenorrhea -- Menstrual irregularities: abnormal vaginal bleeding -- Basics of hormonal contraception -- Adolescent pregnancy -- Polycystic ovary syndrome -- Sexually transmitted infections in adolescents -- Delayed puberty, short stature, and tall stature -- Adolescent substance abuse -- Adolescent mental health disorders -- Eating disorders -- Adolescent relationship violence in clinical settings: challenges for identification and intervention -- Bullying -- Transition of care -- Erratum to: male genitourinary exam.
- TheMassGeneral Hospital for Children Handbook of Pediatric Global Health is a concise resource for the ever-increasing number of health professionals involved in global health, many of whom spend a few weeks to months or even years providing medical care in resource-poor countries. This Handbook provides practical, evidence-based, hands-on guidance for managing and preventing childhood illnesses when resources are limited in low- and middle-income countries. It also offers a setting-specific understanding and management approaches to the major causes of childhood mortality, including pneumonia, diarrhea, birth asphyxia, complications of preterm birth, and neonatal sepsis. The Handbook providesan overview of childhood mortality, health systems, and the various stakeholders that play a role in the global health arena, and also contains chapters focusing on adolescents who are increasingly recognized as a unique population in whom interventions can go a long way in bothconsolidatingthe gains made in childhood and preventing adult disease. Finally, key topics in non-communicable diseases are covered, including trauma and injuries, pediatric mental health, child and adolescent rights, and oral health. Not meant solely for pediatricians, the Handbookis designed for generalists, specialists, doctors, nurses, other health care workers, and those in training. An indispensable reference for health professionals overseas, theHandbookwill also be a useful addition and resource for academic centers and universities in industrialized nations that are creating courses for trainees who will do clinical electives abroad during their training. .
- Maternal and child health 2009, SpringerA history of international cooperation in maternal and child health -- Global burden of disease among women, children, and adolescents -- Promotion of global perinatal health -- Maternal and child health in the organization for economic cooperation and development (OECD) countries -- Health system impacts on maternal and child health -- The environment and maternal child health -- Impact of wars and conflict on maternal and child health -- The impact of globalization on maternal and child health -- Gender equity: perspectives on maternal and child health -- Harmful traditional practices and women's health: female genital mutilation -- Abortion and postabortion care -- Malaria in women and children -- The global burden of childhood diarrhea -- Tuberculosis in childhood and pregnancy -- Impact of HIV on the health of women, children, and families in less developed countries -- Malnutrition and maternal and child health -- The global burden of obstetric fistulas -- Health challenges for women, children, and adolescents with disabilities -- Unintentional injuries in children -- Evidence-based maternal and child health -- A global perspective on teen pregnancy -- Progress and challenges in making pregnancy safer: a global perspective -- Global immunization challenge: progress and opportunities -- Adolescent health -- The global burden of child maltreatment -- Children in difficult circumstances -- Integrated management of childhood illness -- Planning, development, and maintenance of the MCH workforce -- An agenda for child health policy in developing countries.
- The diagnosis and management of infectious diseases -- Nose and throat syndromes -- Infectious mononucleosis and mononucleosis-like syndromes -- Mouth and salivary gland syndromes -- Eye, ear, and sinus syndromes -- Face and neck syndromes -- Middle respiratory syndromes -- Pneumonia syndromes -- Neurologic syndromes -- Fever and shock syndromes -- Rash syndromes -- Gastrointestinal syndromes -- Hepatitis syndromes -- Urinary syndromes -- Genital syndromes -- Orthopedic syndromes -- Skin syndromes -- Cardiovascular syndromes -- Perinatal syndromes -- HIV infection and AIDS -- Exposure problems -- Infections complicating chronic diseases -- The child with frequent, severe, or unusual infections: congenital immunodeficiency syndromes.
- Molecularly targeted therapy for childhood cancer 2010, SpringerPart 1. Hematologic Malignancies -- The Emerging Era of Targeted Therapy in Childhood Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia / William L. Carroll and Rob Pieters -- Molecular Targeted Therapies in T-Cell Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia / Alejandro Gutierrez and A. Thomas Look -- Molecularly Targeted Therapy for Infant ALL / Patrick A. Brown and Carolyn A. Felix -- Targeted Therapeutic Approaches for AML / Robert J. Arceci and Donald Small -- Acute Promyelocytic Leukaemia / Andrea Biondi, Anna Maria Testi and Brenda E. S. Gibson -- Down Syndrome and Acute Myeloid Leukemia: An Unique Genetic Sensitivity to Chemotherapy / Jeffrey W. Taub, Yubin Ge and Yaddanapudi Ravindranath -- Targeting RAS Signaling Pathways in Juvenile Myelomonocytic Leukemia (JMML) / Jennifer O'Hara Lauchle and Benjamin S. Braun -- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia: Pathophysiology and Therapeutics / Seth J. Corey and Jorge Cortes -- Molecularly Targeted Therapies in Pediatric Myelodysplastic Syndromes / Lia Gore -- New Therapeutic Frontiers for Childhood Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma / Megan S. Lim and Mitchell S. Cairo -- Molecular Targeting of Post-transplant Lymphoproliferative Disorders / Michael Wang and Thomas G. Gross -- Part 2. Solid Tumors -- Molecularly Targeted Therapies for Astrocytomas / Ian F. Pollack -- Targeted Therapy in Medulloblastoma in Molecularly Targeted Therapy for Childhood Cancer / Yoon-Jae Cho and Scott L. Pomeroy -- Future Treatments of Ependymoma / Richard J. Gilbertson -- Development of Targeted Therapies for Rhabdoid Tumors Based on the Functions of INI1/hSNF5 Tumor Suppressor / Ganjam V. Kalpana and Melissa E. Smith -- Development of Targeted Therapies for Neurofibromatosis Type 1 (NF1) Related Tumors / Brigitte Widemann -- Molecular Therapy for Neuroblastoma / Yaël P. Mossé and John M. Maris -- Ewing's Sarcoma Family of Tumors: Molecular Targets Need Arrows / Jeffrey A. Toretsky and Aykut Üren -- Molecular Targeted Therapy for Wilms' Tumor / James I. Geller and Jeffrey S. Dome -- Molecular Therapy for Rhabdomyosarcoma / Raushan T. Kurmasheva, Hajime Hosoi, Ken Kikuchi and Peter J. Houghton -- Molecularly Targeted Therapy for Osteosarcoma: Where Do We Go from Here? / Rosanna Ricafort and Richard Gorlick -- Nonrhabdomyosarcoma Soft Tissue Sarcoma in Children: Developing New Treatments Based on a Better Understanding of Disease Biology / Stephen X. Skapek.
- "Established since 1968 as a classic pediatric cardiology text, this edition uses new technology to bring the most sought after information in the most concise, effective manner. This eighth edition is reduced from the two-volume work into a concise, easy-to-use single volume moving all but key references to the online component. Leading international experts describe state-of-the-art diagnostic and interventional techniques for treatment of young patients with congenital and acquired heart diseases and for adult survivors of congenital heart disease"--Provided by publisher.
- v. 1. Structure and function of the cardiovascular system ; Diagnostic methods ; Electrophysiology ; Therapeutic methods ; Pediatric cardiac intensive care ; From the gene to the neonate ; Congenital cardiovascular malformations -- v. 2. Congenital cardiovascular malformations [cont'd.] ; Diseases of the endocardium, myocardium, and pericardium ; Pulmonary vascular disease ; The young adult with congenital heart disease ; Other special problems and issues.
- MR spectroscopy of pediatric brain disorders 2013, SpringerIntroduction -- The Developing Human Brain: Differences from Adult Brain -- Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy: Basics -- Metabolites of Proton Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy and Normal Age-Dependent Changes -- Challenges in Pediatric Magnetic Resonance Imaging -- Pathologies -- Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy of Pediatric Brain Tumors -- Diffuse Intrinsic Pontine Gliomas -- Traumatic Brain Injury and Concussion -- Proton Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy: Applications in Neonatal Medicine -- Proton Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy: Application in Non-Accidental Trauma -- Leukodystrophies -- Metabolic Disorders -- Phenylketonuria -- Infection and Encephalitis -- Hepatic Encephalopathy in Children -- Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy in Epilepsy -- ¹H Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy of the Brain During Adolescence: Normal Brain Development and Neuropsychiatric Disorders -- Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy Studies of Autistic Spectrum Disorders -- Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy Studies of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder -- Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy of the Fetal Brain -- MRS of the Neonatal Brain: Abnormal Development and Neonatal Pathology.
- Near misses in pediatric anesthesia. 2nd ed. 2013, SpringerAuthored by ""a superb clinician and award-winning teacher, ""* Near Misses in Pediatric Anesthesiology, Second Edition is a thorough updating and significant expansion of this popular case book in the newest anesthesiology subspecialty to be approved by the American Board of Medical Specialties. The book comprises 87 true-story clinical ""near misses, "" including 40 cases that are brand new. Recommendations, references, and discussion accompany each case. The cases provide an ideal basis for problem-centered learning and also model how to learn from experience and to maintain professionalism.
- Print Material
- Nelson Textbook of pediatrics. 19th ed. 2011, MD Consult
- Neonatal neurology. 4th ed. 2007, ScienceDirect
- Nephrology and fluid/electrolyte physiology. 2nd ed. 2012, ScienceDirectThe placenta and fetal amniotic fluid volume : understanding fetal water flow / Michael G. Ross -- Body fluid changes in the fetus and newborn : normal transition / William Oh -- Renal aspects of sodium metabolism in the fetus and newborn / Endre Sulyok -- Potassium metabolism / John M. Lorenz -- Renal urate metabolism in the fetus and newborn / Daniel I. Feig -- Perinatal calcium and phosphate metabolism / Reginald Tsang and Ran Namgung -- Acid-base homeostasis in the fetus and newborn / Istvan Seri -- Glomerular filtration rate in neonates / Jean-Pierre Guignard -- The developing kidney and the fetal origins of adult cardiovascular disease / Umberto Simeoni -- Renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system (RAAS) : renal modulation / Pedro A. Jose -- Renal modulation : arginine vasopressin and atrieal natriuretic peptide / Francesco Emma -- Acute problems of prematurity : balancing fluid volume and electrolyte replacement in very low birth weight and extremely low birth weight neonates / Stephen Baumgart -- Lung fluid balance in developing lungs and its role in neonatal transition / Lucky Jain and Sarah D. Keene -- Use of diurects in the newborn / Jean-Pierre Guignard -- Neonatal hypertension : diagnosis and management / Joseph Flynn -- Edema / Andrew Costarino and Yosef Levenbrown -- Renal failure of the neonate / Sharon P. Andreoli -- Congenital tubulopathies / Israel Zelikovic -- Obstructive uropathies : assessment of renal function in the fetus / Robert L. Chevalier.
- Neurobiology of childhood 2014, Springer"Brain development, whether typical or atypical, provides the foundation for all behavior and possible psychopathology. This volume takes a comprehensive and translational approach in describing how basic neuronal patterning occurs, organizes into systems, and forms functional and inter-connected networks. The role that hormones and genes play in influencing brain development is also described. The resultant emotional, cognitive, reward, and social systems show how typical development proceeds. The second part of the book describes when the process of development goes awry. Here, a number of childhood disorders are covered. Autism, ADHD, emotional syndromes of bipolar disorder and depression, oppositional defiant disorder and conduct disorder, and sleep and schizophrenia are included in this volume. Written by leading experts in their respective fields, this volume will be a valuable resource to mental health professionals as well as preclinical investigators hoping to gain additional understanding about the neurobiology of the developing brain."--Publisher's website.
- Neuroblastoma 2005, Springer
- Neurodevelopmental disabilities 2011, Springer
- Neurological manifestations of pediatric infectious diseases and immunodeficiency syndromes 2008, SpringerHerpes viruses -- Myxoviruses -- Picornaviruses -- Arboviruses -- Togaviruses -- Rhabdoviruses -- Adenoviruses -- Arenaviruses -- Orthopoxviruses -- Retroviruses -- Neurological consequences of antiretroviral treatment -- Papovaviruses -- Bacterial meningitis -- Focal bacterial infections and parameningeal infections -- Streptococcus pyogenes -- Bordetella petussis -- Shigella species -- Campylobacter species -- Brucella species -- Clostridium tetani -- Clostridium botulinum -- Corynebacterium diphtheriae -- Bartonella species -- Mycobacterium tuberculosis -- Mycobacterium leprae -- Rickettsia rickettsii -- Ehrlichia and Anaplasma species -- Borrelia burgdorferi -- Treponema pallidum -- Candida species -- Cryptococcus neoformans -- Histoplasma capsulatum -- Coccidiodes species -- Phaeohyphomycoses -- Protozoal infections -- Babesia species -- Helminth infections -- Neurological disease and primary immunodeficiency -- Basic principles of selective neurological treatments.
- Newborn lung. 2nd ed. 2012, ScienceDirectMolecular bases for lung development, injury, and repair / Shu Wu -- Genetic influences in lung development and injury / Vineet Bhandari -- Perinatal events and their influence on lung development and function / Alan H. Jobe, Suhas G. Kallapur, Boris W. Kramer -- Hypoxia and hyperoxia : effects on the newborn pulmonary circulation / Stephen Wedgwood, Paul T. Schumacker, Robin Steinhorn -- The role of nitric oxide in lung growth and function / Girija G. Konduri -- Prenatal and postnatal microbial colonization and respiratory outcome in preterm infants / Rose M. Viscardi -- Influence of nutritional neonatal respiratory outcome / Cristina Navarrete, Ilene R.S. Sosenko -- Patent ductus arteriosus and the lung : acute effects and long-term consequences / Eduardo Bancalari, Ilene R.S. Sosenko, Nelson Claure -- Role of stem cells in neonatal lung injury / Karen C. Young, Cleide Suguihara -- New developments in the pathogenesis and prevention of bronchopulmonary dysplasia / Ilene R.S. Sosenko, Eduardo Bancalari --Long-term pulmonary outcome of preterm infants / Lex W. Doyle -- Respiratory and cardiovascular support in the delivery room / Myra H. Wyckoff -- Noninvasive respiratory support : an alternative to mechanical ventilation in preterm infants / Peter Davis, Colin J. Morley, Brett J. Manley -- Surfactant replacement : present and future / Christian P. Speer, David Sweet -- Oxygenation targeting and outcomes in preterm infants : the new evidence / Win Tin, Waldemar A. Carlo, Samir Gupta -- Hypoxemic episodes in the premature infant : causes, consequences, and management / Nelson Claure, Eduardo Bancalari -- Patient ventilator interaction / Eduardo Bancalari, Nelson Claure -- Strategies for limiting the duration of mechanical ventilation / Eduardo Bancalari, Nelson Claure -- Automation of respiratory support / Nelson Claure, Eduardo Bancalari -- Management of the infant with congenital diaphragmatic hernia / Roberta L. Keller -- Management of the infant with severe bronchopulmonary dysplasia / Steven Abman, Leif D. Nelin.
- NHG clinical practice guidelines 2011, SpringerM09 NHG Clinical Practice Guideline Acute Otitis Media (AOM) -- M29 NHG Clinical Practice Guideline Feverish Illness in Children.
- Non-idiopathic spine deformities in young children 2011, Springer
- Nonverbal learning disabilities in children 2011, Springer
- Nursing Care of the Pediatric Neurosurgery Patient is a detailed reference for nurses and other health care providers who care for children with neurosurgical problems. The explanations of pathophysiology, anatomy, radiodiagnostic testing, and treatment options for each neurosurgical diagnosis will help to clarify the rationale behind the nursing care. Descriptions of presenting symptoms, history and findings on neurological examination will help nurses understand the neurological disorder and identify problems. Each chapter includes case studies, impact on families, patient and family education, and practice pearls. Staff and student nurses working in clinics, critical care units, pediatric units, operating rooms, post-anesthesia care units, emergency departments, and radiology departments will benefit from the information presented. Although this book is written for nurses, medical students and neurosurgery residents will also find it helpful.
- Nutrition support for infants and children at risk 2007, KargerThe development of atopic phenotypes: genetic and environmental determinants / Wahn, U. ... [et al.] -- Food allergy to proteins / Nowak-Wegrzyn, A. -- Hypoallergenicity: a principle for the treatment of food allergy / Beyer, K. -- The concept of hypoallergenicity for atopy prevention / von Berg, A. -- The concept of oral tolerance induction to foods / Lack, G. -- Chronic enteropathy: molecular basis / Ruemmele, F.M. -- Chronic enteropathy: clinical aspects / Gibbons, T.; Fuchs, G.J. -- Transition from parenteral to enteral nutrition / Milla, P.J. -- Chronic entereropathy and feeding / Salvatore, S.; Hauser, B.; Vandenplas, Y. -- Stressed mucosa / Davidson, G.; Kritas, S.; Butler, R. -- Nutrition for children with cholestatic liver disease / Los, E.L. ... [et al.] -- Nutrient requirements of premature infants / Ziegler, E.E. -- Nutritional assessment in preterm infants / Griffin, I.J. -- Early aggressive nutrition in very preterm infants / Thureen, P.J. -- Discussion on 'Human milk fortification' / Putet, G. -- Postdischarge nutrition of preterm infants: more questions than answers / Cooke, R.J.
- Nutritional care of preterm infants 2014, KargerHistorical perspective / R.C. Tsang -- Defining the nutritional needs of preterm infants / R. Uauy, B. Koletzko -- Nutrition, growth and clinical outcomes / R.A. Ehrenkranz -- Assessing the evidence from neonatal nutrition research / H. Szajewska, B. Koletzko, F.B. Mimouni, R. Uauy -- Amino acids and proteins / J.B. van Goudoever, H. Vlaardingerbroek, C.H. van den Akker, F. de Groof, S.R.D. van der Schoor -- Energy requirements, protein-energy metabolism and balance, and carbohydrates in preterm infants / W.W. Hay Jr., L.D. Brown, S.C. Denne -- Enteral and parenteral lipid requirements of preterm infants / A. Lapillonne -- Water, sodium, potassium and chloride / C. Fusch, F. Jochum -- Nutritional care of premature infants : microminerals / M. Domellöf -- Calcium, phosphorus, magnesium and vitamin d requirements of the preterm infant / F.B. Mimouni, D. Mandel, R. Lubetzky, T. Senterre -- Vitamins : conventional uses and new insights / A. Leaf, Z. Lansdowne -- The developing intestinal microbiome : probiotics and prebiotics / J. Neu -- Practice of parenteral nutrition in VLBW and ELBW infants / N.D. Embleton, K. Simmer -- Preterm nutrition and the brain / S.E. Ramel, M.K. Georgieff -- Practice of enteral nutrition in very low birth weight and extremely low birth weight infants / T. Senterre -- Human milk and human milk fortifiers / E.E. Ziegler -- Approaches to growth faltering / B. Poindexter -- Preterm nutrition and the lung / F. Moya -- Necrotizing enterocolitis / J. Neu -- Feeding the preterm infant after discharge / A. Lapillonne -- Meeting the challenge of providing neonatal nutritional care to very or extremely low birth weight infants in low-resource settings / T. Murguia-Peniche, G.F. Kirsten -- Recommended nutrient intake levels for stable, fully enterally fed very low birth weight infants / B. Koletzko, B. Poindexter, R. Uauy.
- Obesity in childhood and adolescence 2004, Karger
- 5-minute pediatric consult. 4th ed. — Fundamentals of pediatric cardiology (100)
- Fundamentals of pediatric surgery — Obesity in childhood and adolescence (100)
- Optimizing bone mass and strength — Pediatric retina (100)
- Pediatric rheumatology in clinical practice — World report on child injury prevention (68)
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases