Books by Subject
- 5-minute pediatric consult. 4th ed. ....
- — Handbook of pediatric eye and systemi...
- Handbook of pediatric neuro-ophthalmo...
- — Pediatric oncology .....................
- Pediatric oncology nursing .............
- — World report on child injury preventi...
- 5-minute pediatric consult. 4th ed. 2005, Ovid
- 5-minute pediatric consult. 5th ed. 2008, Ovid
- ABC of pediatric surgical imaging 2010, Springer
- AccessMedicine Lange Case files McGraw-HillClinical cases selected from the LANGE Case Files series, edited by Eugene C. Toy, MD.
- Adherence to pediatric medical regimens. 2nd ed. 2010, SpringerDefinitions of adherence, types of adherence, problems, and adherence rates -- Consequences of nonadherence and correlates of adherence -- Adherence theories: review, critique, and clinical implications -- Measurement issues: assessing adherence and disease and health outcomes -- Strategies for improving adherence to pediatric medical regimens -- Review of adherence intervention studies and top ten ways to advance research on adherence to pediatric medical regimens.
- Adolescent health care. 5th ed. 2008, Ovid
- Adult and pediatric spine. 3rd ed. 2004, Ovid
- Adult and pediatric urology. 4th ed. 2002, Ovid
- Allergic diseases and the environment 2004, Karger
- Anorectal malformations in children 2006, SpringerThe results of the Krickenberg Conference, 17-20 May 2005, an international workshop of 26 international authorities on congenital malformations of the organs of the pelvis and perineum are presented.
- History and overview /Johnny L. Matson and Daniene Neal --Applied behavior analysis and its application to autism and autism related disorders /Joel E. Ringdahl, Todd Kopelman, and Terry S. Falcomata --Assessment methods /Frederick Furniss --Intervention and treatment methods for children with autism spectrum disorders /Nozomi Naoi --Differential diagnosis in autism spectrum disorders /Dennis R. Dixon ... [et al.] --Communication /Jeff Sigafoos, Mark F. O'Reilly, and Giulio E. Lancioni --Social skills and autism :understanding and addressing the deficits /Mary Jane Weiss, Robert H. LaRue, and Andrea Newcomer --Rituals and stereotypes /Jeffrey H. Tiger, Karen A. Toussaint, and Megan L. Kliebert --Self-injury /Timothy R. Vollmer, Kimberly N. Sloman, and Andrew L. Samaha --Aggression and noncompliance /James K. Luiselli --Adaptive and self-help skills /Noha F. Minshawi, Iryna Ashby, and Naomi Swievy --Generalization and maintenance /Angela M. Arnold-Saritepe ... [et al.] --Training issues unique to autism spectrum disorders /Linda A. LeBlanc, Nicole Gravina, and James E. Carr --Parent training interventions for children with autism spectrum disorders /Lauren Brookman-Frazee ... [et al.].
- Assessing and treating low incidence/high severity psychological disorders of childhood 2011, Springer"During the past several decades, interest in children's psychological disorders has grown steadily within the research community, resulting in a burgeoning knowledge base. The majority of the attention and funding, not surprisingly, has focused on the more prevalent and well-known conditions. Although this raises the odds that young people with more well-known disorders such as ADHD, autism, and learning disorders will receive much-needed professional assessment and intervention, children with less frequently encountered disorders may experience a higher risk of misdiagnosis and inappropriate treatment"--Back cover.
- History, overview, and trends in child and adolescent psychological assessment / Robert W. Heffer, Tammy D. Barry, and Beth H. Garland -- Diagnostic classification systems / Jeremy D. Jewell, Stephen D.A. Hupp, and Andrew M. Pomerantz -- Interview and report writing / Amie E. Grills-Taquechel, Rosanna Polifroni, and Jack M. Fletcher -- Intelligence testing / R.W. Kamphaus, Cecil R. Reynolds, and Katie King Vogel -- Rating scale systems for assessing psychopathology : the Achenbach System of Empirically Based Assessment (ASEBA) and the Behavior Assessment System for Children-2 (BASC-2) / Leslie A. Rescorla -- Neuropsychological disorders of children / WM. Drew Gouvier, Audrey Baumeister, and Kola Ijaola -- Assessment of conduct problems / Nicole R. Powell ... [et al.] -- Evidence-based assessment of attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) / Paula Sowerby and Gail Tripp -- Assessment of mood disorders in children and adolescents / C. Emily Durbin and Sylia Wilson -- Assessment of bipolar disorder in children / Stephanie Danner, Matthew E. Young, and Mary A. Fristad -- Academic assessment / George H. Noell, Scott P. Ardoin, and Kristin A. Gansle -- Behavioral assessment of self-injury / Timothy R. Vollmer, Kimberly N. Sloman, and Carrie S.W. Borrero -- Autism spectrum disorders and comorbid psychopathology / Jessica A. Boisjoli and Johnny L. Matson -- Assessment of eating disorder symptoms in children and adolescents / Nancy Zucker ... [et al.] -- Pain assessment / Frank Andrasik and Carla Rime -- Assessment of pediatric feeding disorders / Cathleen C. Piazza and Henry S. Roane.
- Atlas of pediatric brain tumors 2010, SpringerPart 1. Pilocytic astrocytoma and Pilomyxoid Astrocytoma -- Pilocytic astrocytoma and Pilomyxoid Astrocytoma / Christine Fuller and Sonia Narendra -- Pleomorphic Xanthoastrocytoma / Christine E. Fuller -- Infiltrative Astrocytomas (Diffuse Astrocytoma, Anaplastic Astrocytoma, Glioblastoma) / Christine E. Fuller -- Oligodendroglial Tumors / Christine E. Fuller -- Ependymal Tumors / Christine E. Fuller, Sonia Narendra and Ioana Tolicica -- Introduction and Overview of Brain Tumors / Adekunle M. Adesina -- Part 2. Embryonal Neuroepithelial Tumors -- Central Nervous System Primitive Neuroectodermal Tumors and Medulloepithelioma / Adekunle M. Adesina, J. Hunter and L. Rorke-Adams -- Medulloblastoma / Adekunle M. Adesina and J. Hunter -- Atypical Teratoid Rhabdoid Tumor / Adekunle M. Adesina, J. Hunter and L. Rorke-Adams -- Part 3. Tumors of the Meninges -- Meningiomas / Christine Fuller and Brian Pavlovitz -- Hemangiopericytoma and Other Mesenchymal Tumors / Christine E. Fuller -- Melanocytic Lesions / Christine E. Fuller -- Hemangioblastoma -- Christine E. Fuller -- Part 4. Tumors of Cranial and Spinal Nerves -- Schwannoma / Tarik Tihan -- Neurofibroma / Tarik Tihan -- Malignant Peripheral Nerve Sheath Tumors / Tarik Tihan -- Part 5. Neuronal and Mixed Neuronal-glial Tumors -- Desmoplastic Infantile Astrocytoma and Ganglioglioma / Adekunle M. Adesina -- Dysembryoplastic Neuroepithelial Tumor / Adekunle M. Adesina and Ronald A. Rauch -- Ganglioglioma and Gangliocytoma / Adekunle M. Adesina and Ronald A. Rauch -- Central Neurocytoma and Extraventricular Neurocytoma / Adekunle M. Adesina and Ronald A. Rauch -- Papillary Glioneuronal Tumor / M. Rivera-Zengotita, A. Illner and Adekunle M. Adesina -- Rosette-Forming Glioneuronal Tumor of the Fourth Ventricle / M. Rivera-Zengotita and Adekunle M. Adesina -- Malignant Epithelioid Glioneuronal Tumor / M. Rivera-Zengotita, R. Rauch and Adekunle M. Adesina -- Paraganglioma / A. Rivera and Adekunle M. Adesina -- Part 6. Neurocutaneous Syndromes -- Neurofibromatosis 1 / Tarik Tihan -- Neurofibromatosis 2 / Tarik Tihan -- Von Hippel-Lindau Disease / Tarik Tihan and Adekunle M. Adesina -- Tuberous Sclerosis Complex / Tarik Tihan and Adekunle M. Adesina -- L'hermitte-Duclos Disease and Cowden Disease / T. Hidehiro, S. Hiroyoshi and Adekunle M. Adesina -- Part 7. Tumors in the Region of the Pituitary Fossa -- Pituitary Tumors / Tarik Tihan and Christine E. Fuller -- Craniopharyngioma / Tarik Tihan -- Part 8. Choroid Plexus Neoplasms -- Choroid Plexus Neoplasms / Christine E. Fuller, Sonia Narendra and Ioana Tolocica -- Part 9. Pineal Based Tumors -- Pineal Parenchymal Tumors / Tarik Tihan -- Part 10. Germ Cell Tumors -- Germ Cell Tumors / Tarik Tihan -- Part 11. Paraneoplastic Disorders -- Paraneoplastic Disorders of the Central Nervous System / Christine E. Fuller and Sonia Narendra -- Part 12. Tumours of the Haematopoietic System -- Malignant Lymphoma / Adekunle M. Adesina -- Histiocytic Tumors / A. Mukherjee and Adekunle M. Adesina -- Part 13. Interesting/Challenging Cases and Exercises in Pattern Recognition -- Case Studies / Adekunle M. Adesina, Christine E. Fuller and Lucy Rocke-Adams.
- Atlas of pediatric cutaneous biodiversity 2012, Springer
- Atopic dermatitis in childhood and adolescence 2011, KargerAtopic dermatitis is amongst the most common disorders of the skin in young people around the world. This timely book presents the newest insights and novel concepts in relation to all aspects of this skin disorder. Classification, clinical features and differential diagnosis are reviewed in the first chapter, while risk factors, susceptibility and an epidemiological overview are outlined in the next chapter, followed by a detailed discussion of the immunology of the skin and the pathophysiology of dermatitis. Further chapters present exciting new data delineating clinical aspects of current genetic findings and insights into concepts of neuroimmunology, as well as the very crucial and severe clinical aspect of itching. New data on the topic of inhalant allergy, specific immunologic treatments and the latest on food allergy are also included. A valuable reference for anyone interested in atopic dermatitis, this book is particularly useful for pediatricians and clinical practitioners seeing children and adolescents with atopic dermatitis on a daily basis.
- Authoritative communities 2008, SpringerHardwired to connect: the new scientific case for authoritative communities / The commission on children at risk -- The biochemistry of family commitment and youth competence: lessons from animal models / Larry J. Young, Darlene D. Francis -- How mother nurture helps mother nature: scientific evidence for the protective effect of good nurturing on genetic propensity toward anxiety and alcohol abuse / Stephen J. Suomi -- Investing in children and society: what we have learned from seven decades of attachment research / Robert Karen -- The consolidation of conscience in adolescence / Barbara M. Stilwell -- Best bets for improving the odds for optimum youth development / Michael D. Resnick -- Moral and spiritual dimensions of the healthy person: notes from the founders of modern psychology and psychiatry / Paul C. Vitz -- Hardwired for god: a neuropsychological model for development spirituality / Andrew B. Newberg, Stephanie K. Newberg -- A tale of two religious effects: evidence for the protective and prosocial impact of organic religion / Byron R. Johnson -- Focused on their families: religion, parenting, and child well-being / W. Bradford Wilcox -- Minding the children with mindfulness: a Buddhist approach to promoting well-being in children / Julie E. Thomas, Lisa A. Wuyek -- The psychobiology of adolescence / Linda Patia Spear -- Elders and sons / David Gutmann -- Spirituality and resilience in adolescent girls / Lisa Miller -- Promoting well-being amoung at-risk children: restoring a sense of community and support for development / James P. Comer -- Sex, guns, and rock'n'roll: the influence of media in children's lives / Leonard A. Jason, Kerri L. Kim -- The civil society model: the organic approach to building character, competence, and conscience in our young people / Bill Stancykiewicz -- Caring and character: how close parental bonds foster character development in children / Elizabeth Berger -- Gather around the children children / Enola Aird.
- Autistic spectrum disorders in children 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Behavioral approaches to chronic disease in adolescence 2009, SpringerBasic issues -- Introduction: adolescents with chronic illnesses: issues and answers -- Introduction to adolescent development -- Unique considerations when treating adolescents with chronic illness -- Adolescent physiology -- Family influence on adolescent treatment outcomes -- Ethics and the teen patients -- Overextending the overextended: burnout potential in health-care professionals, psychologists, patients, and family members -- Integrated care practice guidelines -- Type 1 diabetes mellitus -- Type 2 diabetes in youth -- Integrated care practice guidelines for adolescents with asthma -- Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis -- Epilepsy -- Migraines/chronic headaches -- Assessment and management of chronic and recurrent pain in adolescents -- Adolescent depression -- Cancer -- Cystic fibrosis in adolescents -- Chronic and end-stage renal disease -- Sickle cell disease -- Inflammatory bowel disease -- Chronic fatigue syndrome -- Adolescents living with HIV/AIDS -- Health-related quality of life instruments for adolescents with chronic diseases.
- Berman's Pediatric decision making. 5th ed. 2011, ScienceDirect
- Bone densitometry in growing patients 2007, SpringerRationale for bone densitometry in childhood and adolescence / Aenor J. Sawyer and Laura K. Bachrach -- Tools for measuring bone in children and adolescents / Kate A. Ward, Zulf Mughal, and Judith E. Adams -- Dual-energy x-ray absorptiometry / Nicola J. Crabtree, Mary B. Leonard, and Babette S. Zemel -- Clinical indications for the use of DXA in pediatrics / Laura K. Bachrach ... [et al.] -- Acquisition of DXA in children and adolescents / Nicola J. Crabtree, Kyla Kent, and Babette S. Zemel -- Analysis / Moira Petit ... [et al.] -- Evaluation / Babette S. Zemel and Moira Petit -- Reporting DXA results / Ellen B. Fung ... [et al.] -- Children with special considerations / Laurie J. Moyer-Mileur, Zulf Mughal, and Ellen B. Fung -- Research considerations / Mary B. Leonard and Moira Petit -- Looking to the future of pediatric bone densitometry / Nicholas J. Bishop, Aenor J. Sawyer, and Mary B. Leonard.
- Bone health in children 2012, CRCnetBASE"This book provides a rational basis for understanding how to ensure adequate bone health in children. It discusses the recommended dietary intakes of calcium and vitamin D in pediatric health as well as appropriate sources of these nutrients. The text presents information on the maintenance and improvement of bone health in children and adolescents. Chapters cover peak bone mass and prevention of bone loss diseases; bone formation; nutritional needs for calcium and vitamin D based on age; additional key nutrients needed for healthy bones; exercise and management of chronic illnesses; genetics and bone health; and future directions towards targeted dietary recommendations"--Provided by publisher.
- Breast-feeding 2009, Springer1. Growth and organ development / T.J. Cole -- 2. Nutrient transfer: mammary gland regulation / S.L. Kelleher, B. Lönnerdal -- 3. Micronutrient transfer: infant absorption / B. Lönnerdal, S. L. Kelleher -- 4. Developmental aspects of the mucosal immune system ... / P.L. Ogra -- 5. Infant feeding and growth / K.G. Dewey -- 6. Intestinal flora / C. Kunz, S. Kuntz, S. Rudloff -- 7. Transenteric signalling: mammary messages or white noise / L.T. Weaver -- 8. Immune function / L.Å. Hanson, ... et al. -- 9. Flavour programming during breast-feeding / J.A. Mennella -- 10. Methodological challenges in studying long-term effectors of breast-feeding / M.S. Kramer -- 11. Long term effects of early postnatal diet on adult health / S.E. Ozanne -- 12. Protective effect of breast-feeding against obesity in childhood ... / S. Arenz, R. Von Kries -- 13. Breast-feeding influences on later life - cardiovascular disease / D.A. Leon, G. Ronalds -- 14. Do infants who are breast-fed have an altered risk of developing cancer / R. Martin, G. Davey Smith, D.Gunnell --15. Effects of breast-feeding on cognitive function / K.F. Michaelsen, L. Lauritzen, E L. Mortensen -- 16. Developmental origins of osteoporotic fracture / C. Cooper, ... et al. -- 17. Long-term effects of breast-feeding on asthma and atopic disease / W.H. Oddy -- 18. Evolution of human lactation and complementary feeding: Implications for understanding contemporary cross-cultural variation / D.W. Sellen -- 19. Macy-György prize lecture: my milky way / L.Å. Hanson -- 20. Exclusive breast-feeding and HIV infection / L. Kasonka, S. Filteau, and The Breast-Feeding and Postpartum Health Project Team -- 21. Breast-feeding practices in relation to HIV in India / A.V. Shankar -- 22. Breast-feeding and HIV-1 infection: maternal health / P.A. Otieno -- 23. Early breast-feeding cessation and infant mortality in low-income countries: workshop summary / K.B. Simondon -- 24. Measuring trace immune factors in human milk: workshop summary / S. Filteau -- 25. Abstracts of poster presentations.
- Bringing pain relief to children 2006, SpringerHospital-based pain care for infants and children / Brenda C. McClain -- Treatment of acute and chronic pain in the outpatient setting / Neil L. Schechter -- Pain and pain relief in pediatric end-of-life care / John J. Collins and Gerri Frager -- Residential treatment settings for adolescent chronic pain management : rationale, development and evidence / Christopher Eccleston, Hannah Connell, and Nicola Carmichael -- Managing pediatric pain at school / Ronald T. Brown -- Efficacy of complementary and alternative medicine approaches for pediatric pain : state of the science / Jennie C.I. Tsao, Marcia Meldrum, and Lonnie K. Zeltzer -- Technology in pediatric pain management / Patrick J. McGrath, Carolyn Watters, and Erin Moon -- Developing pain services around the world / G. Allen Finley and Paula A. Forgeron -- Knowledge translation and pain management / Shannon Scott-Findlay and Carole A. Estabrooks.
- Cartilage and bone development and its disorders 2011, KargerChondrocyte proliferation and differentiation / Wuelling, M., Vortkamp, A. -- Local regulation of growth plate cartilage / Spth, S.-S. ... [et al.] -- Growth plate senescence and catch-up growth / Lui, J.C., Nilsson, O., Baron, J. -- Endocrine regulation of longitudinal bone growth / Wit, J.M., Camacho-Hübner, C. -- Estrogen signaling in growth plate cartilage / Karimian, E., Svendahl, L. -- Methods to study cartilage and bone development / Andrade, A.C. ... [et al.] -- Fibroblast growth factor-23 and phosphorus metabolism / Tiosano, D. -- Molecular defects causing skeletal dysplasias / Mkitie, O. -- Allele-specific gene silencing in osteogenesis imperfecta / Ljunggren, Ö. ... [et al.] -- Stem cells in skeletal physiology and endocrine diseases of bone / Bianco, P., Sacchetti, B., Riminucci, M. -- Cartilage tissue engineering / Moreira-Teixeira, L.S. ... [et al.].
- General principles of psychopharmacotherapy with children and adolescents -- Sympathomimetic amines and central nervous system stimulants -- First generation/typical antipsychotic drugs -- Second generation/atypical and other antipsychotic drugs -- Antidepressant drugs -- Mood stabilizers : lithium carbonate and antiepileptics -- Antianxiety drugs -- Other drugs.
- Child homicide 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Child neurology. 7th ed. 2006, OvidInherited metabolic diseases of the nervous system / John H. Menkes and William R. Wilcox -- Mitochondrial encephalomyopathies / Harvey B. Sarnat and John H. Menkes -- Heredodegenerative diseases / John H. Menkes -- Chromosomal anomalies and contiguous-gene syndromes / John H. Menkes and Rena E. Falk -- Neuroembryology, genetic programming, and malformations of the nervous system / Harvey B. Sarnat ... [et al.] -- Perinatal asphyxia and trauma / John H. Menkes and Harvey B. Sarnat -- Infections of the nervous system / Bernard L. Maria, James F. Bale, Jr., and G. Ellis Ziel -- Autoimmune and postinfectious diseases / Agustin Legido ... [et al.] -- Postnatal trauma and injuries by physical agents / John H. Menkes and Richard G. Ellenbogen -- Toxic and nutritional disorders / John H. Menkes -- Tumors of the nervous system / Bernard L. Maria and John H. Menkes -- Neurocutaneous syndromes / Bernard L. Maria and John H. Menkes -- Cerebrovascular disorders / Cesar C. Santos and E. Steve Roach -- Paroxysmal disorders / Raman Sankar ... [et al.] -- Headaches and nonepileptic episodic disorders / A. David Rothner and John H. Menkes -- Diseases of the motor unit / John H. Menkes and Harvey B. Sarnat -- Neurologic manifestations of systemic illness / S. Robert Snodgrass -- Disorders of mental development / Marcel Kinsbourne and Frank Wood.
- Child neuropsychology. 2nd ed. 2009, Springer
- Childhood cancer survivorship 2003, NAP
- Childhood obesity 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Childhood obesity. 2nd ed. 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Children and the dark side of human experience 2008, Springer
- Children's discovery of the active mind 2012, SpringerLearning about cognitive activities -- Conceptual knowledge about cognitive activities -- Phenomenological awareness : consciousness and the development of cognitive monitoring -- Social experience as a source of information about mental events -- Patterns of influence among phenomenological awareness, social experience, and conceptual knowledge.
- Children's health, the nation's wealth 2004, NAP
- Children's orthopaedics and fractures. 3rd ed. 2010, SpringerPart 1. Overview -- General Principles / Roderick D. Duncan -- Growth and Its Variants / Roderick D. Duncan -- Children and Young People with Disability: Management and Support / Zoë M. Dunhill -- Anesthesia and Analgesia in Children / Edward Doyle -- Paediatric Imaging / David J. Wilson and Gina M. Allen -- Part 2. Generalized Disorders -- Gait Analysis / Tim N. Theologis -- Bone, Cartilage, and Fibrous Tissue Disorders / William G. Cole -- Metabolic and Endocrine Disorders of the Skeleton / Roger Smith -- Blood Disorders and AIDS / Christopher A. Ludlam and John E. Jellis -- Infections of Bones and Joints / Klaus Parsch and Sydney Nade -- Skeletal Tuberculosis / Kenneth C. Rankin and Surendar M. Tuli -- Children's Orthopaedics in the Tropics / Sharaf B. Ibrahim and Abdul-Hamid Abdul-Kadir -- Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis / Günther E. Dannecker and Martin N. Arbogast -- Bone Tumors / Gérard Bollini, Jean-Luc Jouve, Franck Launay, Elke Viehweger and Yann Glard, et al. -- Part 3. Neuromuscular Disorders -- Neuromotor Development and Examination / Robert A. Minns -- Hereditary and Developmental Neuromuscular Disorders / Eugene E. Bleck and James E. Robb -- Neural Tube Defects, Spina Bifida, and Spinal Dysraphism / H. Kerr Graham and Klaus Parsch -- Poliomyelitis / Wang Chow, Yun Hoi Li and Chi Yan John Leong -- Orthopaedic Management of Cerebral Palsy / James E. Robb and Reinald Brunner -- Arthrogryposis multiplex congenita / John A. Fixsen -- Part 4. Regional Disorders -- Developmental Anomalies of the Hand / Peter D. Burge -- The Shoulder and Elbow / John A. Fixsen -- Brachial Plexus Injuries Peripheral Nerve Injuries / Alain L. Gilbert and Rolfe Birch -- Leg Deformity and Length Discrepancy / John A. Fixsen, Robert A. Hill and Franz Grill -- The Limping Child / F. Stig Jacobsen and Göran Hansson -- Developmental Dysplasia of the Hip / Michael K.D. Benson and Malcolm F. Macnicol -- Legg-Calvé-Perthes Disease / Andrew M. Wainwright and Anthony Catterall -- Slipped Capital Femoral Epiphysis / Malcolm F. Macnicol and Michael K. D. Benson -- The Knee / David M. Hunt and Malcolm F. Macnicol -- The Foot / John A. Fixsen -- The Clubfoot: Congenital Talipes Equinovarus / Deborah M. Eastwood -- Pes Cavus / John A. Fixsen -- Congenital Vertical Talus (Congenital Convex Pes Valgus) / John A. Fixsen -- Congenital Disorders of the Cervical Spine / Robert N. Hensinger -- Back Pain in Children / Robert A. Dickson -- Spinal Deformities / Robert A. Dickson -- Spondylolisthesis / Robert A. Dickson -- Part 5. Fractures -- Principles of Fracture Care / Malcolm F. Macnicol and Alastair W. Murray -- Fracture Epidemiology / Lennart A. Landin -- Polytrauma in Children / Peter P. Schmittenbecher and Cathrin S. Parsch -- Management of Growth Plate Injuries / Franck Accadbled and Bruce K. Foster -- Birth and Non-accidental Injuries / Peter J. Witherow, Michael K.D Benson and Jacqueline Y.Q. Mok -- Fractures Around the Shoulder and the Humerus / J.B. Hunter -- Fractures of the Elbow and Forearm / James B. Hunter and Klaus Parsch -- Wrist and Hand Fractures / Malcolm F. Macnicol and Klaus Parsch -- Fractures of the Pelvis / Peter W. Engelhardt -- Femoral Neck Fractures / Peter W. Engelhardt -- Femoral Shaft Fractures / Klaus Parsch -- Fractures of the Knee and Tibia / Carol-C. Hasler -- Ankle Fractures / Klaus Parsch and Francisco Fernandez Fernandez -- Fractures and Dislocations of the Foot / Francisco Fernandez Fernandez -- Traumatic Disorders of the Cervical Spine / Robert N. Hensinger -- Fractures of the Thoracic and Lumbar Spine / Robert N. Hensinger and Clifford L. Craig.
- Chronic disorders in children and adolescents 2011, SpringerEpidemiology, Health Services Utilization, and Costs -- Chromosomal Abnormalities -- Autism -- Cerebral Palsy -- Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder -- Sensory Integration Dysfunction -- Conduct Disorder and Oppositional Defiant Disorder -- Depressive Disorders in Children and Adolescents -- Eating Disorders -- Childhood and Adolescent Obesity -- Diabetes Mellitus -- Juvenile Arthritis -- Infants, Children, and Adolescents Affected by HIV/AIDS.
- Cleft lip and palate. Third edition. 2013, Springer
- Clinical decisions in pediatric nephrology 2008, SpringerPreface -- Fluid and Electrolyte Disorders -- Acid-Base Disturbances -- Disorders of Divalent Ion Metabolism -- Nephrolithiasis -- Hypertension -- Acute Renal Failure -- Hereditary Nephritis and Genetic Disorders -- Glomerular, Vascular and Tubulo-Interstitial Diseases -- Chronic Kidney Disease -- Renal Osteodystrophy -- End-Stage Renal Disease and Dialysis -- Transplantation -- Index.
- Laboratory diagnosis of pediatric infectious disease -- Osteomyelitis and septic arthritis -- Congenital infections -- Congenital immunodeficiencies -- Hepatitis -- Otitis media and sinusitis -- Outpatient evaluation of fever -- Periorbital and orbital cellulitis -- Cervical adenitis -- Urinary tract infections -- Meningitis -- Pediatric tuberculosis -- Community-acquired pneumonia -- Salmonella gastroenteritis -- Catheter infection -- Infection in unusual spaces -- Fever and neurtropenia -- Fever of unknown origin -- Infection in solid organ transplant recipients -- Prophylaxis.
- Introduction: medical management of obesity -- Epidemiology of childhood obesity -- Pathophysiology of obesity -- Obesity in the context of child and adolescent development -- Evaluation of the obese child -- Respiratory complications -- Cardiovascular complications -- Insulin resistance, the metabolic syndrome, and type 2 diabetes -- Orthopedic complications -- Gastrointestinal complications -- Renal complications -- Neurologic complications -- Mental health issues -- Specific genetic causes of obesity -- Acute obesity-related emergencies -- Practice management strategies for obesity.
- Clinical manual of fever in children 2009, Springer
- Clinical use of pediatric diagnostic tests 2003, Ovid
- Clinician's manual on treatment of pediatric migraine 2010, Springer
- Congenital and perinatal infections 2006, Springer
- Congenital diseases and the environment 2007, Springer
- Controversies around treatment of the open duct 2011, Springer
- Crib death 2007, Springer
- Critical care of children with heart disease 2010, SpringerTransition from the fetal to the neonatal circulation -- Triage and transport of infants and children with cardiac disease -- Airway control, mechanical ventilation, and respiratory care -- Heart-lung interactions -- Cardiac catheterization -- Echocardiography -- Cardiac anesthesia -- A pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic review -- Sedation and analgesia -- Monitoring of the cardiac patient -- The effects of cardiopulmonary bypass following pediatric cardiac surgery -- Nursing care of the pediatric cardiac patient -- Cardiac database and risk factor assessment. Outcomes analysis for congenital cardiac disease -- Patent ductus arteriosus -- Atrial septal defects -- Ventricular septal defects -- Complete atrioventricular septal defects -- Aortopulmonary window -- Tetralogy of Fallot -- Tetralogy of Fallot with absent pulmonary valve -- Tetralogy of Fallot with pulmonary atresia -- Pulmonary atresia with intact interventricular septum -- Pulmonary stenosis -- Left ventricular outflow tract obstruction -- Coarctation of the aorta -- Interrupted aortic arch -- Mitral valve anomalies and related disorders -- Mitral stenosis -- Prosthetic valves -- Hypoplastic left heart syndrome -- Single ventricle. General aspects -- Anomalous pulmonary veins -- Dextro-transposition fo the great arteries -- Congenitally corrected transposition of the great arteries (ccTGA) or Levo-transposition of the great arteries (l-TGA) -- Truncus arteriosus -- Double outlet right ventricle -- Ebstein's disease -- Anomalous coronary arteries -- Aortic valve regurgitation -- Vascular rings and pulmonary sling -- Takayasu arteritis -- Aortic dissection -- Tracheal resection -- Acute pulmonary hypertension -- Chronic pulmonary hypertension -- Acute myocarditis and cardiomyopathies -- Pericardial diseases -- Infective endocarditis -- Cardiac failure -- Shock in the cardiac patient: a brief overview -- Mechanical circulatory support in pediatric cardiac surgery -- Heart transplantation -- Arrhythmias in the intensive care unit -- Pacemakers (temporary and permanent), implantable cardioverter defibrillators (ICDs) and cardiac resynchronization therapy --Discontinuation of life: ethical and legal issues -- Respiratory complications: acute respiratory distress syndrome, chylothorax, diaphragmatic palsy, and functional and respiratory physiotherapy -- Gastrointestinal complications: necrotizing enterocolitis, malrotation, and protein losing enteropathy -- Malnutrition and feeding difficulties: guidelines for enteral and parenteral nutrition -- Hematological aspects: anticoagulation, heparin-induced thrombocytopenia, plasma exchange -- Renal failure and replacement therapy -- Neurological complications: intracranial bleeding, stroke and seizures -- Infections in the cardiac intensive care unit -- Skin protection.
- Current diagnosis & treatment pediatrics. International ed. 2012 (21st ed.), AccessMedicine
- Development and causality 2011, Springer1. Overview of the present work -- 2. The biopsychosocial and bio-personal-social models -- 3. Piaget and development -- 4. The present cognitive-affective stage model: I cognition -- 5. The present models: II postformal stage, neo-Eriksonian parallels, systems -- 6. Substages in the neo-piagetian models of Case, Fischer, and Young -- 7. Parallels in cognitive substages and socioaffectivity in Case -- 8. Parellels in cognitive substages and socioaffectivity in Fischer -- 9. Case and Fischer on language and the brain -- 10. Recent Case and colleagues -- 11. Further Fischer: comprehensive summary, adult development -- 12. Recent Fischer: emotional development -- 13. Self-development -- 14. Cognitive (mis)perception of the self and other -- 15. Social cognition/theory of mind -- 16. Self-definition and relatedness/self-regulation in development -- 17. Cognitive/socioaffective complexes and multiple intelligences -- 18. Postformal thought: commons' model -- 19. Development of personality and motivational needs -- 20. Socioemotional systems and neo-Eriksonian dangers -- 21. Approaches to emotions -- 22. Emotional development in infancy -- 23. Attachment basics -- 24. Internal working models and social self working schemata -- 25. Development of hemispheric specialization -- 26. Lateralization and developing cognition -- 27. Systems and development -- 28. Attractors, complexity -- 29. Causes and determinants of behavior -- 30. Gene-environment interactions: other topics --31. Stages and change in development and other systems -- 32. Collective intelligence and multilevel selection -- 33. Narrative discourse coding: cohesion in children's narratives -- 34. Narrative discourse coding: syntactic complexity-errors -- 35. Book conclusions.
- Diabetes in childhood and adolescence 2005, KargerEtiopathogenetic aspects of type 1 diabetes / Knip, M. -- Susceptibility to type 1 diabetes: genes and mechanisms / Contu, D., Cucca, F. -- Autoimmunity in type 1 diabetes mellitus / Achenbach, P., Ziegler, A.G. -- Neonatal diabetes mellitus / Polak, M., Shield, J. -- Diagnosis and management of MODY in a pediatric setting / Njolstad, P.R., Sovik, O. -- Diabetic ketoacidosis / Brink, S.R. -- Insulin treatment / Kapellen, T.M. -- Medical nutrition therapy of children and adolescents with diabetes / Virtanen, S.M. -- Continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion in childhood and adolescence / Phillip, M., Weintrob, N., Shalitin, S. -- Quality management in pediatric diabetology / Holl, R.W. ... [et al.] -- Sports and physical activity in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes mellitus / Raile, K. ... [et al.] -- Invasive and noninvasive means of diabetes self-management / Deiss, D., Hartmann, R., Kordonouri, O. -- Adolescence / Dunger, D.B., Acerini, C., Ahmed, M.L. -- Diabetic nephropathy in children and adolescents / Chiarelli, F., Santilli, F. -- Diabetic autonomic and peripheral neuropathy / Donaghue, K.C., Al-Jasser, A., Maguire, A. -- Macrovascular disease / Dahl-Jørgensen, K., Larsen, J.R. -- Hypoglycemia in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes / Blasetti, A. ... [et al.] -- Diabetic retinopathy in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes / Bittner, C., Kordonouri, O., Danne, T. -- Complications and consequences / Kapellen, T.M., Klemens, A.G., Kiess, R.W. -- Type 2 diabetes mellitus in childhood / Piscopo, M.A. ... [et al.] -- Beta-cell function replacement by islet transplantation and gene therapy / Falqui, L.L.
- Diseases of the thyroid in childhood and adolescence 2007, KargerOntogenesis and anatomy of the hypothalamic-pituitary-thyroid axis / Tsoumalis, G.; Tsatsoulis, A -- Thyroid disease during pregnancy / Lazarus, J.H -- Thyroid function in the newborn and infant / Spiliotis, B.E. -- Pediatric aspects of thyroid function and iodine / Knobel, M., Medeiros-Neto, G -- Thyroid hormone transport and actions / Feldt-Rasmussen, U., Rasmussen, Å.K. -- The thyroid and autoimmunity in children and adolescents / Weetman, A.P. -- Congenital hypothyroidism / Karges, B., Kiess, W. -- Newborn screening, hypothyroidism in infants, children and adolescents / Büyükgebiz, A. -- Resistance to thyroid hormone in childhood / Bakker, O. -- Pendred syndrome / Kassem, S., Glaser, B. -- Treatment of hyperthyroidism due to Graves' disease in children / Rivkees, S.A. -- Thyroid-associated ophthalmopathy in juvenile Graves' disease: clinical, endocrine and therapeutic aspects / Krassas, G.E., Gogakos, A. -- Differentiated thyroid carcinoma in pediatric age / Wiersinga, W.M. -- Imaging of the normal and affected thyroid in childhood / Bennedbæk, F.N., Hegedüs, L. -- Thyroid and other autoimmune diseases with emphasis on type 1 diabetes mellitus and Turner syndrome / Kapellen, T. ...[et al.] -- Thyroid and trace elements in children and adolescence / Kahaly, G.J.
- Disorders of sex development 2012, Springer
- Drugs in pregnancy and lactation. 9th ed. 2011, Ovid
- Dulcan's Textbook of child and adolescent psychiatry. 1st ed. 2010, PsychiatryOnlineAssessing infants and toddlers -- Assessing the preschool-age child -- Assessing the elementary school-age child -- Assessing adolescents -- Classification of psychiatric disorders -- The process of assessment and diagnosis -- Diagnostic interviews -- Rating scales -- Pediatric evaluation and laboratory testing -- Neurological examination, electroencephalography, and neuroimaging -- Psychological and neuropsychological testing -- Intellectual disability (mental retardation) -- Autism spectrum disorders -- Developmental disorders of learning, communication, and motor skills -- Attention-deficity/hyperactivity disorder -- Oppositional defiant disorder and conduct disorder -- Substance abuse and addictions -- Depression and dysthmyia -- Biopolar disorder -- Generalized anxiety disorder, specific phobia, panic disorder, social phobia, and selective mutism -- Separation anxiety disorder and school refusal -- Posttraumatic stress disorder -- Obsessive-compulsive disorder -- Early-onset schizophrenia -- Obesity -- Anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa -- Tic disorders -- Elimination disorders -- Sleep disorders -- Evidence-based practices -- Child abuse and neglect -- HIV and AIDS -- Bereavement and traumatic grief -- Ethnic, cultural, and religious issues -- Youth suicide - Gender identity and sexual orientation -- Aggression and violence -- Genetics: fundamentals relevant to child and adolescent psychiatry -- Psychiatric emergencies -- Family transitions: challenges and resilience -- Psychiatric aspects of chronic physical disorders -- Children of parents with psychiatric and substance abuse disorders -- Legal and ethical issues --; Telepsychiatry -- Principles of psychopharmacology -- Medications used for attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder -- Antidepressants -- Mood stabilizers -- Antipsychotic medications -- Apha-adrenergics, beta-blockers, benzodiazepines, buspirone, and desmopressin - Medications used for sleep -- Electroconvulsive therapy, transcranial magnetic stimulation, and deep brain stimulation -- Individual psychotherapy -- Parent counseling, psychoeducation, and parent support groups -- Behavioral parent training --- Family therapy - Interpersonal psychotherapy for depressed adolescents -- Cognitive-behavioral treatment for anxiety disorders -- Cognitive-behavioral therapy for depression - Motivational interviewing -- System of care, wraparound services,and home-based services -- Milieu treatment: inpatient, partial hospitalization, and residential programs -- School-based interventions -- Collaborating with primary care -- Juvenile justice.
- Early nutrition 2011, KargerAnimal studies of the effects of early nutrition on long-term health / Harding, J.E. ... [et al.] -- Dietary lipid quality and long-term outcome / Novak, E.M., Keller, B.O. and Innis, S.M. -- How proteins improve the development of preterm infants / Corpeleijn, W.E. ... [et al.] -- The knowns and unknowns of human milk banking / Simmer, K. -- Short- and long-term effects of probiotics administered early in life / Szajewska, H. -- New findings from the feeding infants and toddlers study 2008 / Siega-Riz, A.M. ... [et al.] -- Weaning practices in other parts of the world : case study India / Agarwal, K.N. -- Weaning practices in other parts of the world : case study Russia / Baturin, A.K. -- Micronutrient deficiencies and effect of supplements on correcting them / Zlotkin, S. -- Food allergy and complementary feeding / Shreffler, W.G. and Radano, M. -- Early feeding : setting the stage for healthy eating habits / Mennella, J.A. and Ventura, A.K. -- Early feeding practices and development of food allergies / Lack, G. and Penagos, M. -- Learning to prefer the familiar in obesogenic environments / Birch, L.L. and Anzman-Frasca, S. -- Early feeding practices and their impact on development of celiac disease / Fasano, A. and Catassi, C. -- Infant feeding practices and subsequent development of adipose tissue / Stettler, N. -- Early life nutrition and bone development in children / Jones, G. -- IGF-I signaling and effects on longevity / Holzenberger, M.
- Eating disorders in women and children 2001, CRCnetBASE
- "Completely updated and expanded, 'Emans, Laufer, and Goldstein's Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology', Sixth Edition, covers the medical and surgical approaches to common pediatric and adolescent clinical problems. The book discusses the importance of the history and physical examination and the physiology of puberty and its associated disorders and complications"--Provided by publisher.
- Emergencies in pediatric oncology 2012, Springer
- Emerging societies 2009, KargerGlobal changes in diet and activity patterns as drivers of the nutrition transition / Popkin, B.M. -- Regional case studies : India / Reddy, K.S. -- Regional case studies : China / Yin, S. -- Regional case studies : Africa / Prentice, A.M. -- Obesity in emerging nations : evolutionary origins and the impact of a rapid nutrition transition / Prentice, A.M. -- Prenatal origins of undernutrition / Christian, P. -- Postnatal origins of undernutrition / Prost, M.-A. -- Malnutrition, long-term health, and the effect of nutritional recovery / Sawaya, A.L. ... [et al.] -- The role of epigenetics in mediating environmental effects on phenotype / Morgan, D.; Whitelaw, E. -- Metabolism of methionine in vivo : impact of pregnancy, protein restriction, and fatty liver disease / Kalhan, S.C. -- Adiposity and comorbidities : favorable impact of caloric restriction / Ravussin, E.; Redman, L.M. -- Obesity, inflammation, and macrophages / Subramanian, V.; Ferrante, A.W., Jr. -- Obesity, hepatic metabolism and disease / Edmison, J.M.; Kalhan, S.C.; McCullough, A.J. -- Imperative of preventive measures addressing the life-cycle / Yajnik, C.S. -- New approaches to optimizing early diets / Polberger, S. -- Prevention of low birthweight / Alam, D.S. -- Community-based approaches to address childhood undernutrition and obesity in developing countries / Shetty, P.
- Endocrine disruptors and puberty 2012, Springer
- Endoscopic surgery in infants and children 2008, Springer
- Epidemiology of pediatric sports injuries v.1-2, 2005., Kargerv.2, 2005 Kargerpt. 1. Individual sports -- pt. 2. Team sports.
- Ergonomics for children 2008, CRCnetBASE
- The necessity and challenges of clinical research involving children -- Regulatory framework for protecting child participants in research -- Defining, interpreting, and applying concepts of risk and benefit in clinical research involving children -- Understanding and agreeing to children's participation in clinical research -- Payments related to children's participation in clinical research -- Regulatory compliance, accreditation, and quality improvement -- Responsible research involving children.
- Evidence-based imaging in pediatrics 2010, Springer
- Evidence-based research in pediatric nutrition 2013, KargerImportance of systematic reviews and meta-analyses in pediatric nutrition / Szajewska, H. -- Strengths and weaknesses of observational nutritional trials / Patro-Go B., Szajewska, H. -- Scientific standards for human intervention trials evaluating health benefits of foods, and their application to infants, children, and adolescents / Woodside, J.V., Koletzko, B.V., Patterson, C.C., Welch, R.W. -- Early nutrition and health : short- and long-term outcomes / Gruszfeld, D., Socha, P. -- Probiotics, prebiotics, and dietary fiber in the management of functional gastrointestinal disorders / Horvath, A., Szajewska, H. -- Growing-up milk : a necessity or marketing? / Przyrembel, H, Agostoni, C. -- Cow's milk and goat's milk / Turck, T. -- The timing of introduction of complementary foods and later health / Agostoni, C., Przyrembel, H. -- Dietary interventions for primary allergy prevention -- what is the evidence? / von Berg, A. -- Vitamin and mineral supplementation of term infants : are they necessary? / Lubetzky, R., Mandel, D., Mimouni, F.B. -- Enteral nutrition / Kolaek, S. -- Celiac disease -- prevention strategies through early infant nutrition / Chmielewska, A., Szajewska, H., Shamir, R. -- Interventions for treating obesity in children / De Miguel-Etayo, P., Bueno, G., Garagorri, J.M., Moreno, L.A.
- Exceptional life journeys 2012, ScienceDirectMost students in training to become teachers, psychologists, physicians, and social workers as well as many practicing professionals in these disciplines do not get the opportunity to fully understand and appreciate the circumstances of children ,parents, and teachers who have had to cope and adapt to childhood disorder. Most professionals in the field of childhood disorders are well trained in assessment and treatment methods and are aware of the clinical, theoretical, and empirical foundations of the work they do. In their training, they get some experience in diagnosing the educational, psychological, social, and medical problems of children through their supervised clinical internships. In their training and in their professional practice they get to interview, discuss, consult and collaborate with children and their families regarding developmental issues and treatment plans, however, they rarely get an opportunity to fully realize and understand what it is like to have a disorder and what it is like to be a mother, or father, or teacher of children with disorders. This book provides an opportunity for students in training and professionals in the field to gain some awareness of the life journeys of some exceptional children, their families and their teachers. Focuses on those childhood disorders that are most common or what are sometimes referred to as high incidence disorders such as learning disabilities, autism, behavior disorder, depression, and anxiety Beyond, a clinical, empirical, and theoretical description of childhood disorders or a personal account relative to one particular disorder, this book provides rich narratives of experience from multiple perspectives with respect to numerous childhood disorders Provides readers with insight by sharing examples of personal contexts and situations, significant life issues, challenges and barriers, successes, and recommendations relative to particular circumstances.
- Family-focused behavioral pediatrics 2001, Ovid
- Fed up! 2005, ebraryThe fattest generation -- Obese twins and thrifty genes -- Size, health, and self-esteem -- Teaching children how to eat for life -- Off the couch and away from the screen -- Programming babies for health, before and after birth -- Eating lessons at school -- Finding help for an overweight child -- Action for healthy communities.
- Feeding during late infancy and early childhood 2005, KargerThe role of immune tolerance in allergy prevention / Fritsché, R. -- Prevention of food allergy during late infancy and early childhood / Schmitz, J. -- Celiac disease: effect of weaning on disease risk / Hernall, O. ... [et al.] -- Gut microbiota in infants between 6 and 24 months of age / Salminen, S., Gueimonde, M. -- Malabsorption of carbohydrates / Kneepkens, C.M.F., Hoekstra, J.H. -- Chronic nonspecific diarrhea of childhood / Kleinman, R.E. -- Development of motility / Staiano, A., Boccia, G. -- Motility and allergy / Bueno, L. -- The role of dietary fiber in childhood and its application in pediatric gastroenterology / Kokke, F.T.M., Taminiau, J.A.J.M., Benninga, M.A. --Early influences on taste preferences / Leathwood, P., Maier, A. -- Junk food or "junk eating"? / Gracey, M. -- Does nutrition during infancy and early childhood contribute to later obesity via metabolic imprinting of epigenetic gene regulatory mechanisms? / Waterland, R.A. -- Long-term effects of weaning habits: type-1 diabetes / Vaarala, O. -- What is known? Short-term and long-term effects of complementary feeding / Michaelsen, K.F. -- Educational recommendations for processed foods for infant feeding / Aggett, P. -- Recommendations for physicians and parents / Heymans, H.
- Fenichel's Clinical pediatric neurology. Seventh edition [7th ed.] 2013, ScienceDirect1. Paroxysmal disorders -- 2. Altered states of consciousness -- 3. Headache -- 4. Increased intracranial pressure -- 5. Psychomotor retardations and regression -- 6. The hypotonic infant -- 7. Flaccid limb weakness in childhood -- 8. Cramps, muscles stiffness, and exercise intolerance -- 9. Sensory and autonomic disturbances -- 10. Ataxia -- 11. Hemiplegia -- 12. Paraplegia and quadriplegia -- 13. Monoplegia -- 14. Movement disorders -- 15. Disorders of ocular motility -- 16. Disorders of the visual system -- 17. Lower brainstem and cranial nerve dysfunction -- 18. Disorders of cranial volume and shape.
- Fetal and neonatal pathology. 4th ed. 2007, Springer
- Fundamentals of pediatric cardiology 2006, OvidCardiovascular physiology --Clinical evaluation --Basic diagnostic studies --Pediatric exercise testing --Innocent murmurs --Chest pain --Syncope and sudden death --Principals of inheritance and genetics of congenital heart disease --Left-to-right shunts --Right-to-left shunts --Obstructive and regurgitant lesions --Acquired heart diseases --Cardiomyopathy --Coronary artery anomalies.
- Fundamentals of pediatric surgery 2011, Springer
- Gastrointestinal tract sonography in fetuses and children 2008, Springer
- Global perspectives on childhood obesity. 1st ed. 2011, ScienceDirectChapter 1. Pediatric Obesity: A Pediatrician's Viewpoint / Allison Collins, Rebecka Peebles -- Chapter 2. Salient Features on Child Obesity from the Viewpoint of a Nutritionist / Bernard Waysfeld, Dominique Adele Cassuto -- Chapter 3. Developmental Trajectories of Weight Status in Childhood and Adolescence / Samar Hejazi, V. Susan Dahinten, Pamela A. Ratner, Sheila K. Marshall -- Chapter 4. The Measurement and Epidemiology of Child Obesity / David S. Freedman, Cynthia L. Ogden, Sarah E. Cusick -- Chapter 5. Good-Enough Parenting, Self-Regulation, and the Management of Weight-Related Problems / Moria Golan -- Chapter 6. Nursing Perspective on Childhood Obesity / Cynthia Yensel, Carrie Tolman -- Chapter 7. Contemporary Racial/Ethnic and Socioeconomic Patterns in U.S. Childhood Obesity / Gopal K. Singh, Michael D. Kogan -- Chapter 8. Prediabetes among Obese Youth / Orit Pinhas-Hamiel, Phil Zeitler -- Chapter 9. Prediabetes and Type 2 Diabetes: An Emerging Epidemic among Obese Youth / Kathryn Love-Osborne -- Chapter 10. Prevalence of the Metabolic Syndrome in U.S. Youth / Sarah E. Messiah, Kristopher L. Arheart, Steven E. Lipshultz, Tracie L. Miller -- Chapter 11. Emerging Pathways to Child Obesity Starts from the Mother's Womb: A Prospective View / Ashik Mosaddik -- Chapter 12. The Social, Cultural and Familial Contexts Contributing to Childhood Obesity / Cathy Banwell, Helen Kinmonth, Jane Dixon -- Chapter 13. Cardiovascular Risk Clustering in Obese Children / Ram Weiss -- Chapter 14. A Link between Maternal and Childhood Obesity / Siân Robinson -- Chapter 15. Is Prenatal Exposure to Maternal Obesity Linked to Child Mental Health? / Alina Rodriguez -- Chapter 16. Sleep and Obesity in Children and Adolescents / Amy Darukhanavala, Silvana Pannain -- Chapter 17. Cellular Remodeling during the Growth of the Adipose Tissue / Coralie Sengenès, Virginie Bourlier, Jean Galitzky, Alexia Zakaroff-Girard, Max Lafontan, Anne Bouloumié -- Chapter 18. Children Obesity, Glucose Tolerance, Ghrelin, and Prader-Willi Syndrome / Simonetta Bellone, Arianna Busti, Sara Belcastro, Gianluca Aimaretti, Gianni Bona, Flavia Prodam -- Chapter 19. Insulin Resistance and Glucose Metabolism in Childhood Obesity / Subhashini Yaturu, Sushil K. Jain -- Chapter 20. Insulin Resistance in Pediatric Obesity: Physiological Effects and Possible Diet Treatment / Ulf Holmbäck -- Chapter 21. Role of Fatty Liver Disease in Childhood Obesity / Valerio Nobili, Anna Alisi, Melania Manco -- Chapter 22. An Overview of Psychosocial Symptoms in Obese Children / Lisa Y. Gibson --Chapter 23. Childhood Obesity: Depression, Anxiety and Recommended Therapeutic Strategies / Dana L. Rofey, Jessica J. Black, Jennifer E. Phillips, Ronette Blake, KayLoni Olson -- Chapter 24. The Emotional Impact of Obesity on Children / Robert E. Cornette -- Chapter 25. Psychiatric Illness, Psychotropic Medication, and Childhood Obesity / Lawrence Maayan, Leslie Citrome -- Chapter 26. Childhood Obesity: Public Health Impact and Policy Responses / Rogan Kersh, Brian Elbel -- Chapter 27. Childhood Obesity and Juvenile Diabetes / Mikael Knip -- Chapter 28. Bone Health in Obesity and the Cross Talk between Fat and Bone / Sowmya Krishnan, Venkataraman Kalyanaraman -- Chapter 29. A Community-Level Perspective for Childhood Obesity Prevention / Christina Economos, Erin Hennessy -- Chapter 30. School-Based Obesity-Prevention Programs / Genevieve Fridlund Dunton, Casey P. Durand, Nathaniel R. Riggs, Mary Ann Pentz -- Chapter 31. School-Based Obesity Prevention Interventions Show Promising Improvements in the Health and Academic Achievements among Ethnically Diverse Young Children / Danielle Hollar, Sarah E. Messiah, Gabriela Lopez-Mitnik, T. Lucas Hollar, Michelle Lombardo -- Chapter 32. School and Community-Based Physical Education and Healthy Active Living Programs: Holistic Practices in Hong Kong, Singapore, and the United States / Ming-Kai Chin, Christopher R. Edginton, Mei-Sin Tang, Kia-Wang Phua, Jing-Zhen Yang -- Chapter 33. Schools as “Laboratories” for Obesity Prevention: Proven Effective Models / Michelle Lombardo, Danielle Hollar, T. Lucas Hollar, Karen McNamara -- Chapter 34. Fitness and Fatness in Childhood Obesity: Implications for Physical Activity / Sarah P. Shultz, Benedicte Deforche, Nuala M. Byrne, Andrew P. Hills -- Chapter 35. Pharmacotherapy in Childhood Obesity / Amélio F. Godoy-Matos, Erika Paniago Guedes, Luciana Lopes de Souza, Mariana Farage -- Chapter 36. Beverage Interventions to Prevent Child Obesity / Rebecca Muckelbauer, Mathilde Kersting, Jacqueline Müller-Nordhorn -- Chapter 37. Psychotherapy as an Intervention for Child Obesity / Carl-Erik Flodmark -- Chapter 38. Childhood Obesity: Psychological Correlates and Recommended Therapeutic Strategies / Jennifer E. Phillips, Ethan E. Hull, Dana L. Rofey -- Chapter 39. Dietary Supplements in the Prevention and Treatment of Childhood Obesity / Robert I-San Lin -- Chapter 40. The Role of Arginine for Treating Obese Youth / Catherine J. McNeal, Guoyao Wu, Susie Vasquez, Don P. Wilson, M. Carey Satterfield, Jason R. McKnight, Hussain S. Malbari, Mujtaba Rahman -- Chapter 41. Prevention of Childhood Obesity with Use of Natural Products / Jin-Taek Hwang, Dae Young Kwon, Joohun Ha -- Chapter 42. The Role of United States Law to Prevent and Control Childhood Obesity / Jennifer L. Pomeranz -- Chapter 43. Childhood Obesity as an Amplifier of Societal Inequality in the United States / Stanley J. Ulijaszek -- Chapter 44. Childhood Obesity, Food Choice and Market Influence / Jane Kolodinsky, Amanda Goldstein, Erin Roche -- Chapter 45. The Role of Media in Childhood Obesity / Amy B. Jordan, Ariel Chernin -- Chapter 46. Evaluation and Management of Childhood Obesity in Primary Care Settings / Goutham Rao -- Chapter 47. The Future Directions and Clinical Management of Childhood Obesity / Clodagh S. O'Gorman, Jonathan Cauchi, Jill K. Hamilton, Denis Daneman.
- Growing spine 2011, Springer
- Growth of the pediatric skeleton 2008, Springer
- Guide to pediatric urology and surgery in clinical practice 2011, SpringerUrinary tract infection: USA -- Urinary tract infection: United Kingdom -- Urinary tract infection: Europe -- Urinary tract infection: Australasia -- Abnormalities of the scrotum -- Disorders of male external genitalia: problems of the penis and foreskin -- Disorders of male external genitalia: hypospadias, epispadias, concealed penis, and urethral disorders -- Disorders of male external genitalia: undescended testis -- Disorders of male external genitalia: circumcision -- Disorders of the female external genitalia -- Disorders of elimination: voiding dysfunction -- Disorders of elimination: nocturnal enuresis -- Disorders of elimination: constipation -- Hematuria and proteinuria -- Abdominal pain: urological aspects -- External angular dermoid and pilomatrixoma -- Neck swellings/lumps: midline neck swellings -- Neck swellings/lumps: lateral neck lumps -- Neck swellings/lumps: torticollis -- Umbilical disorders -- Surgical aspects of abdominal pain -- Approach to abdominal masses -- Gastro-esophageal reflux disease -- Rectal bleeding -- Intestinal obstruction -- Unique considerations in the neonate and infant: bile-stained vomiting in the neonate -- Unique considerations in the neonate and infant: pyloric stenosis -- Unique considerations in the neonate and infant: intussusception -- Hemangioma and lymphangioma.
- Hand bone age. 2nd ed. 2012, Springer
- pt. 1. ESTABLISHING THE NEED AND CRITERIA FOR EVIDENCE-BASED THERAPIES. Evidence-based therapies for children and adolescents: problems and prospects / Ric G. Steele, Michael C. Roberts, and T. David Elkin -- Empirically supported treatments and evidence-based practice for children and adolescents / Michael C. Roberts and Rochelle L. James -- Methodological issues in the evaluation of therapies / Ric G. Steele, Jennifer A. Mize Nelson, and Timothy D. Nelson -- Evidence-based therapies: translating research into practice / Charmaine K. Hig aand Bruce F. Chorpita -- pt. 2. EVIDENCE-BASED THERAPIES FOR SPECIFIC DISORDERS OR CONDITIONS. ANXIETY DISORDERS: Psychosocial treatments for phobic and anxiety disorders in youth / Wendy K. Silverman and Armando A. Pina -- Panic disorder in adolescents / Thomas H. Ollendick and Donna Pincus -- Evidence-based treatment of pediatric obsessive-compulsive disorder / Eric A Storch ... [et al.] -- Interventions for posttraumatic stress in children and adolescents following natural disasters and acts of terrorism / Annette M. La Greca -- MOOD DISORDERS AND PROBLEMS: Mood disorders in childhood / Colleen M. Cummings and Mary A. Fristad -- Empirically supported psychotherapies for adolescent depression and mood disorders / John F. Curry and Sara J. Becker -- Evidence-based therapies for adolescent suicidal behavior / Anthony Spirito and Christianne Esposito-Smythers -- DISRUPTIVE BEHAVIOR DISORDERS AND RELATED PROBLEMS: Evidence-based treatments for attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) / Betsy Hoza, Nina Kaiser, and Elizabeth Hurt -- Evidence-based therapies for oppositional behavior in young children / Robert J. McMahon and Julie S. Kotler -- Treating conduct problems, aggression, and antisocial behavior in children and adolescents: an integrated view / Paul Boxer and Paul J. Frick -- Components of evidence-based interventions for bullying and peer victimization / Anne K. Jacobs -- PEDIATRIC/MEDICALLY RELATED DISORDERS: Pain and pain management / Lindsey L. Cohen, Jill E. MacLaren, and Crystal S. Lim -- Evidence-based treatments for children with chronic illnesses / T. David Elkin and Laura Stoppelbein -- Evidence-based therapies for enuresis and encopresis / Patrick C. Friman -- Evidencebased therapies for children and adolescents with eating disorders / David H. Gleaves and Janet D. Latner -- Evidence-based therapies for pediatric overweight / Craig A. Johnston and Chermaine Tyler -- OTHER DISORDERS AND PROBLEMS: Evidence-based therapies for autistic disorder and pervasive developmental disorders / Jonathan M. Campbell, Caitlin V. Herzinger, and Carrah L. James -- Evidence-based treatment for children with serious emotional disturbance / Camille J. Randall and Eric M. Vernberg -- Evidence-based approaches to social skills training with children and adolescents / Sharon L. Foster and Julie R. Bussman -- Evidence-based treatments for adolescent substance use disorders / Deborah Deas, Kevin Gray, and Himanshu Upadhyaya -- pt. 3. IMPLEMENTATION ISSUES. Dissemination of evidence-based manualized treatments for children and families in practice settings / Michael A. Southam-Gerow, Alyssa M. Marder, and A. Aukahi Austin -- Client, therapist, and treatment characteristics in EBT's for children and adolescents / Stephen Shirk and Dana McMakin -- Implementing evidence-based treatments with ethnically diverse clients / Beth A. Kotchick and Rachel L. Grover-- Evidence-based therapy and ethical practice / William A. Rae and Constance J. Fournier -- Adoption of evidence-based treatments (EBTs) in community settings: obstacles and opportunities / Julianne M. Smith-Boydston and Timothy D. Nelson -- Evidence-based assessment for children and adolescents / Vicky Phares and Jessica Curley -- Graduate training in evidence-based practice in psychology / Thad R. Leffingwell and Frank L. Collins, Jr. -- Emerging issues in the continuing evolution of evidence-based practice / T. David Elkin, Michael C. Roberts, and Ric G. Steele.
- Handbook of fractures. 3rd ed. 2006, OvidClosed reduction, casting, and traction -- Multiple trauma -- Open fractures -- Gunshot wounds -- Pathologic fractures -- Periprosthetic fractures -- Orthopaedic analgesia -- General spine -- Cervical spine -- Thoracolumbar spine -- Clavicle fractures -- Acromioclavicular and sternoclavicular joint injuries -- Scapula fractures -- Glenohumeral dislocation -- Proximal humerus fractures -- Humeral shaft fractures -- Distal humerus -- Elbow dislocation -- Olecranon -- Radial head -- Radius and ulna shaft -- Distal radius -- Wrist -- Hand -- Pelvis -- Acetabulum --Hip dislocations -- Femoral head -- Femoral neck fractures -- Intertrochanteric fractures -- Subtrochanteric fractures -- Femoral shaft -- Distal femur -- Knee dislocation -- Patella and extensor mechanism injuries -- Tibial plateau -- Tibial/fibula shaft -- Ankle fractures -- Calcaneus fractures -- Talus -- Fractures of the midfoot and forefoot -- Pediatric orthopedic surgery: general principles -- Pediatric shoulder -- Pediatric elbow -- Pediatric forearm -- Pediatric wrist and hand -- Pediatric hip -- Pediatric femoral shaft -- Pediatric knee -- Pediatric tibia and fibula -- Pediatric ankle -- Pediatric foot.
- Mental health services for children, adolescents, and families: trends, models, and current status / Ric G. Steele and Michael C. Roberts -- Mental health services for young children / Diane Powell and Glen Dunlap -- School psychologiy services / Steven W. Lee and T. Rene Jamison -- Providing services within a school-based intensive mental health program / Anne K. Jacobs, Camille Randall, Eric M. Vernberg, Michael C. Roberts, and Joseph E. Nye -- Inpatient pediatric consultation-liaison: applied child health psychology / Bryan D. Carter and Renee T. Van Weiss -- Mental health services for children in pediatric primary care settings / Terry Stancin -- Providing a range of services to fit the needs of youth in community mental health centers / Julianne M. Smith-Boydston -- Outpatient-private practice model / Bernadette M. Landolf -- Inpatient treatment models / Luis A Vargas and Artenio De Dios Brambila -- Child abuse prevention and intervention services / Michelle R. Kees and Barbara L. Bonner -- Services to prevent sexually transmitted diseases in adolescents / Beth A. Auslander, Mary B. Short, and Susan L. Rosenthal -- Treatment services for adolescent substance abuse / Beverly Pringle, and Jerry Flanzer --Targeted prevention of antisocial behavior in children: the early risers "Skill for Success" program / Michael L. Bloomquist, Gerald J. August, Susanne S. Lee, Barrie E. Berquist, and Robin Mathy -- Implementing effective youth violence prevention programs in community settings / Patricia A. Graczykand Patrick H. Tolan -- Adolescent sex offender programs / William D. Murphy, Jacqueline Page, and Rebecca Ettelson -- Rural mental health services / David L. Fenell and Alan J. Hovestadt -- Mental health services for children with chronic illness / Ann M. McGrath Davis and Ngan Voung -- Psychological services for children and families who are homeless / Mary E. Walsh and Julie Heim Jackson -- Telehealth/Internet services for children, adolescents, and families / Heidi J. Liss -- Therapeutic camping programs / Keri J. Brown -- Implementation of the Felix Consent Decree in Hawaii: the impact of policy and practice development efforts on service delivery / Bruce F. Chorpita and Christina Donkervoet -- Children's services in disasters and other emergencies / Gilbert Reyes, Trisha T. Miller, Merritt D. Schreiber, and Beth Todd-Bazemore -- Program evaluation approaches in service delivery in child and family mental health / Michael C. Roberts and Ric G. Steele -- Large-scale evaluations of children's mental health services: the Ft. Bragg and Stark County studies / Leonard Bickman and Shelagh Mulvaney -- Methodological challenges in the national evaluation of the comprehenive community mental health services for children and their families program / E. Wayne Holden, Robert L. Stephens, and Rolando L. Santiago -- The future of mental health service delivery for children, adolescents, and families: an agenda for organization and research / Ric G. Steele and Michael C. Roberts.
- Handbook of pediatric autopsy pathology 2005, SpringerGeneral principles -- Pediatric autopsy: fetus, newborn, and child -- Examination of the human embryo -- The placenta -- Hydrops -- Chromosomal defects -- Congenital abnormalities -- Cardiovascular system -- Respiratory system -- Gastrointestinal system -- Liver, gallbladder, biliary tract, and pancreas -- Renal system -- Male and female genitourinary systems -- Central nervous system -- Thymus, spleen, lymph nodes, and immunodeficiency -- Skeletal system -- The eye and adnexa sectioning -- Metabolic diseases -- Sudden infant death -- Pediatric forensic pathology -- Special procedures -- Infection control and biological hazards in the autopsy.
- Handbook of pediatric cardiovascular drugs 2008, Springer
- Handbook of pediatric chronic pain 2011, Springer
- Handbook of pediatric eye and systemic disease 2006, Springer1Embryology /Cynthia S. Cook, Kathleen K. Sulik, and Kenneth W. Wright -2Breaking the news: the role of the physician /Nancy Chernus-Mansfield --3Chromosomal anomalies and the eye /J. Bronwyn Bateman --4Craniofacial syndromes and malformations /Marilyn T. Miller and Anna Newlin --5Connective tissue, skin, and bone disorders /Elias I. Traboulsi --6Neurocutaneous syndromes /Maria A. Musarella --7Metabolic diseases /Lois J. Martyn --8Selected genetic syndromes with ophthalmic features /Natalie C. Kerr and Enikö Karman Pivnick --Infectious diseases /R. Christopher Walton, Roger K. George, and Alissa A. Craft --10Ocular manifestations of inherited diseases /Maya Eibschitz-Tsimhoni.
- 5-minute pediatric consult. 4th ed. ....
- — Handbook of pediatric eye and systemi...
- Handbook of pediatric neuro-ophthalmo...
- — Pediatric oncology .....................
- Pediatric oncology nursing .............
- — World report on child injury preventi...
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
1st ed. [print] 2013
Author: Ofri, Danielle