Books by Subject
- 5-minute pediatric consult. 4th ed. — Exceptional life journeys stories of childhood disorder. First edition [1st ed.] (115)
- Family-focused behavioral pediatrics — Nelson Textbook of pediatrics. 19th ed. (115)
- Neonatal and infant dermatology. Third edition. [3rd ed.] — Pediatric nursing caring for children and their families. 3rd ed. (115)
- Pediatric obesity etiology, pathogenesis, and treatment — Zitelli and Davis' Atlas of pediatric physical diagnosis. Sixth edition [6th ed.] (115)
PediatricsAccess restricted to Stanford unless otherwise noted
- 5-minute pediatric consult. 4th ed. 2005, Ovid
- 5-minute pediatric consult. 5th ed. 2008, Ovid
- ABC of pediatric surgical imaging 2010, Springer
- AccessMedicine Lange Case files AccessMedicineClinical cases selected from the LANGE Case Files series, edited by Eugene C. Toy, MD.
- Acute pediatric neurology 2014, SpringerThis book provides recommendations for evaluation and therapy in the area of acute pediatric neurology; these are presented didactically with frequent use of illustrations and algorithms. Chapters in the first part of the book discuss presenting symptoms of acute neurological conditions. The second part of the book covers major areas of acute pediatric neurology and each of these chapters has three key elements: description of presenting symptoms; recommended assessments; and recommended interventions. Acute Pediatric Neurology provides an accessible, clinically focused guide to assist physicians in the emergency ward or intensive care unit in decisions on diagnosis and therapeutic interventions in all major acute pediatric neurological diseases.
- Adherence to pediatric medical regimens. 2nd ed. 2010, SpringerDefinitions of adherence, types of adherence, problems, and adherence rates -- Consequences of nonadherence and correlates of adherence -- Adherence theories: review, critique, and clinical implications -- Measurement issues: assessing adherence and disease and health outcomes -- Strategies for improving adherence to pediatric medical regimens -- Review of adherence intervention studies and top ten ways to advance research on adherence to pediatric medical regimens.
- Adolescent medicine 2011, ClinicalKeyThis concise, evidence-based resource covers all of today₂s need-to-know information to quickly and effectively diagnose and manage common adolescent conditions ... in an exceptionally user-friendly format. Because it's so compact, clinically oriented, and easy to read, Adolescent Medicine: The Requisites in Pediatrics is an ideal study tool as well as a convenient reference for practice. Includes detailed discussions on special health issues, common medical problems, sexual and reproductive health, behavioral problems, and the transition to adult health care to help you gain a better understanding of the unique needs of the adolescent patient. Features a logical, consistent chapter format that helps you find the guidance you need quickly. Presents abundant tables, differential diagnoses, lab values/radiologic studies, treatment/therapy recommendations, and guidance on when to refer to a specialist equipping you for every clinical challenge. Discusses controversies concerning the standard of care with the aid of thought-provoking clinical scenarios to help you to determine the best course of action in difficult situations. Provides highlighted boxes that emphasize relevant case studies, key points of each section, and other important information making you aware of considerations that impact today's practice. Uses a wealth of illustrations so you can see details more clearly.
- Adult and pediatric spine. 3rd ed. 2004, Ovid
- Adult and pediatric urology. 4th ed. 2002, Ovid
- Overview, The IOM Report, and Integrated Marketing Communications -- Introduction: Childhood Obesity: Media, Advertising, Community, and Advocacy -- Progress on Public Policy: The Aftermath of the 2005 Institute of Medicine Report on Food Marketing and the Diets of Children and Youth -- Integrated Marketing Communications and Power Imbalance: The Strategic Nature of Marketing to Children and Adolescents by Food and Beverage Companies -- Legal, Ethical, and Policy Implications of Advertising -- The Role of Ethics in Food and Beverage Marketing to Children -- The New First Amendment and Its Implications for Combating Obesity Through Regulation of Advertising -- Self-regulation as a Tool for Promoting Healthier Children's Diets: Can CARU and the CFBAI Do More? -- Monitoring Food Company Marketing to Children to Spotlight Best and Worst Practices -- Measuring the Impact of Advertising Effects -- Children's Exposure to Food and Beverage Advertising on Television: Tracking Calories and Nutritional Content by Company Membership in Self-regulation -- The Role of Advertising on Attitudes and Consumption of Food and Beverage Products -- The Digital Food Marketing Landscape: Challenges for Researchers -- A Multi-Method Study to Understand How Youth Perceive and Evaluate Food and Beverage Advertisements -- A Global Perspective of Food Marketing and the Role of Place -- Adolescents' Response to Food Marketing in Delhi, India -- The Role of Schools in Food and Beverage Marketing: Significance, Challenges, Next Steps -- Outdoor Food and Beverage Advertising: A Saturated Environment -- Exploring Marketing Targeted at Youth in Food Stores -- Racial/Ethnic Minorities and Community Empowerment -- Understanding Community Perspectives: A Step Towards Achieving Food Marketing Equity -- Latino Youth and Obesity: Communication/Media Influence on Marketing -- Targeted Marketing of Junk Food to Ethnic Minority Youth: Fighting Back with Legal Advocacy and Community Engagement -- Communicating About Physical Activity -- Physical Activity, Media, and Marketing: Advances in Communications and Media Marketing -- Communities Leveraging the Assets of a National Social Marketing Campaign: Experiences with VERB[TM]. It's What You Do! -- Development and Release of the 2008 Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans: Children and Adolescents -- Thinking Outside the Box: Finding Solutions to Reverse Childhood Obesity -- Voluntary Health Organizations and Nonprofit Advocacy Organizations Play Critical Roles in Making Community Norms More Supportive of Healthier Eating and Increased Physical Activity -- Childhood Obesity and Exergames: Assessments and Experiences from Singapore -- Leveraging Industry Efforts to Fight Childhood Obesity: A Multi-Sectored Approach to Communications.
- Advances in fetal and neonatal physiology proceedings of the Center for Perinatal Biology 40th Anniversary Symposium 2014, Springer"To celebrate the Center for Perinatal Biology's 40th Anniversary, an illustrious group gathered at Loma Linda University in February 2013. That gathering of experts and this volume of the proceedings are a tribute to the founder of the Center, Lawrence D. Longo, M.D. These chapters present contributions from individuals who in some way or another were influenced by Dr. Longo. Covering a wide range of topics, and illustrating the diversity of thinking and scientific interests, these proceedings address basic science through to clinical problems in the developmental programming of health and disease"--Publisher's description.
- Anorectal malformations in children embryology, diagnosis, surgical treatment, follow-up 2006, SpringerThe results of the Krickenberg Conference, 17-20 May 2005, an international workshop of 26 international authorities on congenital malformations of the organs of the pelvis and perineum are presented.
- History and overview /Johnny L. Matson and Daniene Neal --Applied behavior analysis and its application to autism and autism related disorders /Joel E. Ringdahl, Todd Kopelman, and Terry S. Falcomata --Assessment methods /Frederick Furniss --Intervention and treatment methods for children with autism spectrum disorders /Nozomi Naoi --Differential diagnosis in autism spectrum disorders /Dennis R. Dixon ... [et al.] --Communication /Jeff Sigafoos, Mark F. O'Reilly, and Giulio E. Lancioni --Social skills and autism :understanding and addressing the deficits /Mary Jane Weiss, Robert H. LaRue, and Andrea Newcomer --Rituals and stereotypes /Jeffrey H. Tiger, Karen A. Toussaint, and Megan L. Kliebert --Self-injury /Timothy R. Vollmer, Kimberly N. Sloman, and Andrew L. Samaha --Aggression and noncompliance /James K. Luiselli --Adaptive and self-help skills /Noha F. Minshawi, Iryna Ashby, and Naomi Swievy --Generalization and maintenance /Angela M. Arnold-Saritepe ... [et al.] --Training issues unique to autism spectrum disorders /Linda A. LeBlanc, Nicole Gravina, and James E. Carr --Parent training interventions for children with autism spectrum disorders /Lauren Brookman-Frazee ... [et al.].
- Ashcraft's Pediatric surgery. Sixth edition [6th ed.] 2014, ClinicalKeyAcclaimed for its unsurpassed readability and manageable scope, Ashcraft's Pediatric Surgery presents authoritative, practical guidance on treating the entire range of general surgical and urological problems in infants, children, and adolescents. State-of-the-art, expert coverage equips you to implement all the latest approaches and achieve optimal outcomes for all of your patients. Make the most effective use of today's best open and minimally invasive techniques, including single-site umbilical laparoscopic surgery, with guidance from internationally recognized experts in the field. Focus on evidence-based treatments and outcomes to apply today's best practices.
- Assessing and treating low incidence/high severity psychological disorders of childhood 2011, Springer"During the past several decades, interest in children's psychological disorders has grown steadily within the research community, resulting in a burgeoning knowledge base. The majority of the attention and funding, not surprisingly, has focused on the more prevalent and well-known conditions. Although this raises the odds that young people with more well-known disorders such as ADHD, autism, and learning disorders will receive much-needed professional assessment and intervention, children with less frequently encountered disorders may experience a higher risk of misdiagnosis and inappropriate treatment"--Back cover.
- History, overview, and trends in child and adolescent psychological assessment / Robert W. Heffer, Tammy D. Barry, and Beth H. Garland -- Diagnostic classification systems / Jeremy D. Jewell, Stephen D.A. Hupp, and Andrew M. Pomerantz -- Interview and report writing / Amie E. Grills-Taquechel, Rosanna Polifroni, and Jack M. Fletcher -- Intelligence testing / R.W. Kamphaus, Cecil R. Reynolds, and Katie King Vogel -- Rating scale systems for assessing psychopathology : the Achenbach System of Empirically Based Assessment (ASEBA) and the Behavior Assessment System for Children-2 (BASC-2) / Leslie A. Rescorla -- Neuropsychological disorders of children / WM. Drew Gouvier, Audrey Baumeister, and Kola Ijaola -- Assessment of conduct problems / Nicole R. Powell ... [et al.] -- Evidence-based assessment of attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) / Paula Sowerby and Gail Tripp -- Assessment of mood disorders in children and adolescents / C. Emily Durbin and Sylia Wilson -- Assessment of bipolar disorder in children / Stephanie Danner, Matthew E. Young, and Mary A. Fristad -- Academic assessment / George H. Noell, Scott P. Ardoin, and Kristin A. Gansle -- Behavioral assessment of self-injury / Timothy R. Vollmer, Kimberly N. Sloman, and Carrie S.W. Borrero -- Autism spectrum disorders and comorbid psychopathology / Jessica A. Boisjoli and Johnny L. Matson -- Assessment of eating disorder symptoms in children and adolescents / Nancy Zucker ... [et al.] -- Pain assessment / Frank Andrasik and Carla Rime -- Assessment of pediatric feeding disorders / Cathleen C. Piazza and Henry S. Roane.
- Empirical research has clearly demonstrated that animal abuse in childhood is associated with family violence and violent behavior towards humans in general. Such abuse is accordingly of increasing interest within human services and the criminal justice system. This handbook will serve as an ideal resource for therapists in social work, psychology, psychiatry, and allied fields who work with children who have abused animals. It provides step-by-step guidance on how to assess, develop appropriate treatment plans for, and treat children who commit animal abuse, based on the AniCare model developed by the Animals and Society Institute. Exercises cover the identification and expression of feelings, the development of empathy, self-management skills, and working with parents. Careful consideration is also paid to the effects of witnessing animal abuse. The theoretical framework is eclectic, encompassing cognitive behavioral, psychodynamic, and attachment theories. A number of illustrative case studies are included, along with excerpts from treatment sessions. Accompanying electronic supplementary material demonstrates role-played assessment and treatment and includes workshop presentations of pedagogic material.
- Atlas of fetal and postnatal brain MR 2010, ClinicalKeySurface Anatomy of the Brain -- Sectional Anatomy of the Fetal Brain -- Sectional Anatomy of the Postnatal Brain.
- Atlas of pediatric brain tumors 2010, SpringerPart 1. Pilocytic astrocytoma and Pilomyxoid Astrocytoma -- Pilocytic astrocytoma and Pilomyxoid Astrocytoma / Christine Fuller and Sonia Narendra -- Pleomorphic Xanthoastrocytoma / Christine E. Fuller -- Infiltrative Astrocytomas (Diffuse Astrocytoma, Anaplastic Astrocytoma, Glioblastoma) / Christine E. Fuller -- Oligodendroglial Tumors / Christine E. Fuller -- Ependymal Tumors / Christine E. Fuller, Sonia Narendra and Ioana Tolicica -- Introduction and Overview of Brain Tumors / Adekunle M. Adesina -- Part 2. Embryonal Neuroepithelial Tumors -- Central Nervous System Primitive Neuroectodermal Tumors and Medulloepithelioma / Adekunle M. Adesina, J. Hunter and L. Rorke-Adams -- Medulloblastoma / Adekunle M. Adesina and J. Hunter -- Atypical Teratoid Rhabdoid Tumor / Adekunle M. Adesina, J. Hunter and L. Rorke-Adams -- Part 3. Tumors of the Meninges -- Meningiomas / Christine Fuller and Brian Pavlovitz -- Hemangiopericytoma and Other Mesenchymal Tumors / Christine E. Fuller -- Melanocytic Lesions / Christine E. Fuller -- Hemangioblastoma -- Christine E. Fuller -- Part 4. Tumors of Cranial and Spinal Nerves -- Schwannoma / Tarik Tihan -- Neurofibroma / Tarik Tihan -- Malignant Peripheral Nerve Sheath Tumors / Tarik Tihan -- Part 5. Neuronal and Mixed Neuronal-glial Tumors -- Desmoplastic Infantile Astrocytoma and Ganglioglioma / Adekunle M. Adesina -- Dysembryoplastic Neuroepithelial Tumor / Adekunle M. Adesina and Ronald A. Rauch -- Ganglioglioma and Gangliocytoma / Adekunle M. Adesina and Ronald A. Rauch -- Central Neurocytoma and Extraventricular Neurocytoma / Adekunle M. Adesina and Ronald A. Rauch -- Papillary Glioneuronal Tumor / M. Rivera-Zengotita, A. Illner and Adekunle M. Adesina -- Rosette-Forming Glioneuronal Tumor of the Fourth Ventricle / M. Rivera-Zengotita and Adekunle M. Adesina -- Malignant Epithelioid Glioneuronal Tumor / M. Rivera-Zengotita, R. Rauch and Adekunle M. Adesina -- Paraganglioma / A. Rivera and Adekunle M. Adesina -- Part 6. Neurocutaneous Syndromes -- Neurofibromatosis 1 / Tarik Tihan -- Neurofibromatosis 2 / Tarik Tihan -- Von Hippel-Lindau Disease / Tarik Tihan and Adekunle M. Adesina -- Tuberous Sclerosis Complex / Tarik Tihan and Adekunle M. Adesina -- L'hermitte-Duclos Disease and Cowden Disease / T. Hidehiro, S. Hiroyoshi and Adekunle M. Adesina -- Part 7. Tumors in the Region of the Pituitary Fossa -- Pituitary Tumors / Tarik Tihan and Christine E. Fuller -- Craniopharyngioma / Tarik Tihan -- Part 8. Choroid Plexus Neoplasms -- Choroid Plexus Neoplasms / Christine E. Fuller, Sonia Narendra and Ioana Tolocica -- Part 9. Pineal Based Tumors -- Pineal Parenchymal Tumors / Tarik Tihan -- Part 10. Germ Cell Tumors -- Germ Cell Tumors / Tarik Tihan -- Part 11. Paraneoplastic Disorders -- Paraneoplastic Disorders of the Central Nervous System / Christine E. Fuller and Sonia Narendra -- Part 12. Tumours of the Haematopoietic System -- Malignant Lymphoma / Adekunle M. Adesina -- Histiocytic Tumors / A. Mukherjee and Adekunle M. Adesina -- Part 13. Interesting/Challenging Cases and Exercises in Pattern Recognition -- Case Studies / Adekunle M. Adesina, Christine E. Fuller and Lucy Rocke-Adams.
- Atlas of pediatric cardiac CTA congenital heart disease 2013, SpringerAdvantages of Cardiac CTA over Other Imaging Modalities -- Scanning Technique for Cardiac CTA in Infants and Small Children -- Advanced Postprocessing of Cardiac CTA -- Systematic Evaluation of Cardiac CTA -- Evaluation of the Atria, Atrioventricular Valves, and Veins -- Evaluation of the Ventricles -- Evaluation of the Great Vessels -- Evaluation of the Coronary Arteries -- Evaluation of the Lungs and Airways -- Evaluation of Situs -- Operations Performed for Patients with Congenital Heart Disease.
- Atlas of pediatric cutaneous biodiversity comparative dermatologic atlas of pediatric skin of all colors 2012, SpringerThis compact pictorial atlas highlights variations in the appearance of healthy skin, hair, and nails in children of all colors, as well as their appearance when affected by skin diseases. Illustrated using clinical photographs, microscopy and dermoscopy.
- Atlas of pediatric laparoscopy and thoracoscopy 2008, ClinicalKeyHistory of Minimally Invasive Surgery -- Principles of Laparoscopic Surgery -- Laparoscopic Nissen Fundoplication -- Laparoscopic Thal Fundoplication -- Laparoscopic Esophagomyotomy -- Laparoscopic Gastrostomy -- Laparoscopic Pyloromyotomy -- Laparoscopic Antroplasty -- Laparoscopic Repair of Duodenal Atresia and Stenosis -- Laparoscopic Ladd Procedure -- Laparoscopic Jejunostomy -- Laparoscopic Ileocolectomy for Crohn's Disease -- Laparoscopic Management of Ileocolic Intussusception -- Laparoscopic Appendectomy -- Laparoscopy in the Management of Fecal Incontinence and Constipation -- Laparoscopic Segmental Colectomy -- Laparoscopic Total Colectomy with Pouch Reconstruction -- Laparoscopic-Assisted Pull-Through for Hirschsprung's Disease -- Laparoscopic Duhamel Procedure -- Laparoscopic-Assisted Anorectal Pull-Through -- Laparoscopic Splenectomy -- Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy -- Laparoscopic Adrenalectom -- Laparoscopic Orchiopexy -- Laparoscopic Ovarian Surgery -- Laparoscopic Portoenterostomy (Kasai Operation) -- Laparoscopic Resection of Choledochal Cyst -- Minimally Invasive Diaphragmatic Plication -- Laparoscopic-Assisted Donor Nephrectomy -- Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass -- Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric Band Placement -- Laparoscopic Repair of Inguinal Hernias -- Principles of Pediatric Robotic Surgery -- Robotic Kasai Procedure -- Robotic Excision of Choledochal Cyst -- Robotic Fundoplication in Infants and Children -- Retroperitoneoscopic Nephrectomy -- Robotic Pyeloplasty -- Laparoscopic Varicocelectomy -- Principles of Thoracoscopy -- Thoracoscopic Lung Biopsy -- Thoracoscopic Lobectomy -- Thoracoscopic Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia Repair -- Thoracoscopic Decortication and Debridement for Empyema -- Thoracoscopic Decortication and Debridement for Empyema -- Thoracoscopic Decortication and Debridement for Empyema -- Thoracoscopic Excision of Foregut Duplications -- Thoracoscopic Repair of Esophageal Atresia and Tracheoesophageal Fistula -- Thoracoscopic Repair of Esophageal Atresia without Tracheoesophageal Fistula -- Thoracoscopic Aortopexy -- Thoracoscopic Thymectomy -- The Minimally Invasive Pectus Excavatum Repair (Nuss Procedure).
- Atlas of pediatric surgical techniques 2010, ClinicalKeySection 1. General -- section 2. Head and neck -- section 3. Thoracic -- section 4. Abdomen -- section 5. Genitourinary -- section 6. Tumors.
- Atlas of PET/CT in pediatric patients 2014, SpringerThis richly illustrated book presents the pediatric applications of PET/CT in the full range of scenarios frequently encountered in a professional setting. It opens with a thorough introduction covering the fundamental science and the clinical basis for use of PET/CT in this age group. Pitfalls and artifacts are examined, and normal variations and benign findings are carefully described. Each subsequent chapter addresses the role of PET/CT with different radiopharmaceuticals in the evaluation and management of a specific disease. The full range of oncological diseases is covered, including the rare ones. Succinct descriptions of clinical cases are included and, when appropriate, comparisons are made with other modalities. In addition, the role of PET/CT in biopsy guidance and in radiation therapy planning is explained. This book will be invaluable for residents and practitioners in nuclear medicine, radiology, oncology, radiation oncology, and nuclear medicine technology
- Atopic dermatitis in childhood and adolescence 2011, KargerAtopic dermatitis is amongst the most common disorders of the skin in young people around the world. This book presents the newest insights and novel concepts in relation to all aspects of this skin disorder. Classification, clinical features and differential diagnosis are reviewed in the first chapter, while risk factors, susceptibility and an epidemiological overview are outlined in the next chapter, followed by a detailed discussion of the immunology of the skin and the pathophysiology of dermatitis. Further chapters present new data delineating clinical aspects of current genetic findings and insights into concepts of neuroimmunology, as well as the very crucial and severe clinical aspect of itching. New data on the topic of inhalant allergy, specific immunologic treatments and the latest on food allergy are also included.
- Hardwired to connect: the new scientific case for authoritative communities / The commission on children at risk -- The biochemistry of family commitment and youth competence: lessons from animal models / Larry J. Young, Darlene D. Francis -- How mother nurture helps mother nature: scientific evidence for the protective effect of good nurturing on genetic propensity toward anxiety and alcohol abuse / Stephen J. Suomi -- Investing in children and society: what we have learned from seven decades of attachment research / Robert Karen -- The consolidation of conscience in adolescence / Barbara M. Stilwell -- Best bets for improving the odds for optimum youth development / Michael D. Resnick -- Moral and spiritual dimensions of the healthy person: notes from the founders of modern psychology and psychiatry / Paul C. Vitz -- Hardwired for god: a neuropsychological model for development spirituality / Andrew B. Newberg, Stephanie K. Newberg -- A tale of two religious effects: evidence for the protective and prosocial impact of organic religion / Byron R. Johnson -- Focused on their families: religion, parenting, and child well-being / W. Bradford Wilcox -- Minding the children with mindfulness: a Buddhist approach to promoting well-being in children / Julie E. Thomas, Lisa A. Wuyek -- The psychobiology of adolescence / Linda Patia Spear -- Elders and sons / David Gutmann -- Spirituality and resilience in adolescent girls / Lisa Miller -- Promoting well-being amoung at-risk children: restoring a sense of community and support for development / James P. Comer -- Sex, guns, and rock'n'roll: the influence of media in children's lives / Leonard A. Jason, Kerri L. Kim -- The civil society model: the organic approach to building character, competence, and conscience in our young people / Bill Stancykiewicz -- Caring and character: how close parental bonds foster character development in children / Elizabeth Berger -- Gather around the children children / Enola Aird.
- Autistic spectrum disorders in children 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Basic techniques in pediatric surgery an operative manual 2013, SpringerPart A. Basic surgical techniques -- Part B. Head and neck -- Part C. Spine and limbs -- Part D. Thorax -- Part E. Abdomen -- Part F. Groin and genitalia -- Part G. Urology -- Part H. Perineum -- Part I. Minimally invasive surgery -- Appendix. Training in paediatric surgery -- Subject Index.
- Basic issues -- Introduction: adolescents with chronic illnesses: issues and answers -- Introduction to adolescent development -- Unique considerations when treating adolescents with chronic illness -- Adolescent physiology -- Family influence on adolescent treatment outcomes -- Ethics and the teen patients -- Overextending the overextended: burnout potential in health-care professionals, psychologists, patients, and family members -- Integrated care practice guidelines -- Type 1 diabetes mellitus -- Type 2 diabetes in youth -- Integrated care practice guidelines for adolescents with asthma -- Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis -- Epilepsy -- Migraines/chronic headaches -- Assessment and management of chronic and recurrent pain in adolescents -- Adolescent depression -- Cancer -- Cystic fibrosis in adolescents -- Chronic and end-stage renal disease -- Sickle cell disease -- Inflammatory bowel disease -- Chronic fatigue syndrome -- Adolescents living with HIV/AIDS -- Health-related quality of life instruments for adolescents with chronic diseases.
- Berman's Pediatric decision making. 5th ed. 2011, ScienceDirect
- Rationale for bone densitometry in childhood and adolescence / Aenor J. Sawyer and Laura K. Bachrach -- Tools for measuring bone in children and adolescents / Kate A. Ward, Zulf Mughal, and Judith E. Adams -- Dual-energy x-ray absorptiometry / Nicola J. Crabtree, Mary B. Leonard, and Babette S. Zemel -- Clinical indications for the use of DXA in pediatrics / Laura K. Bachrach ... [et al.] -- Acquisition of DXA in children and adolescents / Nicola J. Crabtree, Kyla Kent, and Babette S. Zemel -- Analysis / Moira Petit ... [et al.] -- Evaluation / Babette S. Zemel and Moira Petit -- Reporting DXA results / Ellen B. Fung ... [et al.] -- Children with special considerations / Laurie J. Moyer-Mileur, Zulf Mughal, and Ellen B. Fung -- Research considerations / Mary B. Leonard and Moira Petit -- Looking to the future of pediatric bone densitometry / Nicholas J. Bishop, Aenor J. Sawyer, and Mary B. Leonard.
- Bone drugs in pediatrics efficacy and challenges 2014, Springer
- Bone health in children 2012, CRCnetBASE"This book provides a rational basis for understanding how to ensure adequate bone health in children. It discusses the recommended dietary intakes of calcium and vitamin D in pediatric health as well as appropriate sources of these nutrients. The text presents information on the maintenance and improvement of bone health in children and adolescents. Chapters cover peak bone mass and prevention of bone loss diseases; bone formation; nutritional needs for calcium and vitamin D based on age; additional key nutrients needed for healthy bones; exercise and management of chronic illnesses; genetics and bone health; and future directions towards targeted dietary recommendations"--Provided by publisher.
- Breast-feeding early influences on later health 2009, Springer1. Growth and organ development / T.J. Cole -- 2. Nutrient transfer: mammary gland regulation / S.L. Kelleher, B. Lönnerdal -- 3. Micronutrient transfer: infant absorption / B. Lönnerdal, S. L. Kelleher -- 4. Developmental aspects of the mucosal immune system ... / P.L. Ogra -- 5. Infant feeding and growth / K.G. Dewey -- 6. Intestinal flora / C. Kunz, S. Kuntz, S. Rudloff -- 7. Transenteric signalling: mammary messages or white noise / L.T. Weaver -- 8. Immune function / L.Å. Hanson, ... et al. -- 9. Flavour programming during breast-feeding / J.A. Mennella -- 10. Methodological challenges in studying long-term effectors of breast-feeding / M.S. Kramer -- 11. Long term effects of early postnatal diet on adult health / S.E. Ozanne -- 12. Protective effect of breast-feeding against obesity in childhood ... / S. Arenz, R. Von Kries -- 13. Breast-feeding influences on later life - cardiovascular disease / D.A. Leon, G. Ronalds -- 14. Do infants who are breast-fed have an altered risk of developing cancer / R. Martin, G. Davey Smith, D.Gunnell --15. Effects of breast-feeding on cognitive function / K.F. Michaelsen, L. Lauritzen, E L. Mortensen -- 16. Developmental origins of osteoporotic fracture / C. Cooper, ... et al. -- 17. Long-term effects of breast-feeding on asthma and atopic disease / W.H. Oddy -- 18. Evolution of human lactation and complementary feeding: Implications for understanding contemporary cross-cultural variation / D.W. Sellen -- 19. Macy-György prize lecture: my milky way / L.Å. Hanson -- 20. Exclusive breast-feeding and HIV infection / L. Kasonka, S. Filteau, and The Breast-Feeding and Postpartum Health Project Team -- 21. Breast-feeding practices in relation to HIV in India / A.V. Shankar -- 22. Breast-feeding and HIV-1 infection: maternal health / P.A. Otieno -- 23. Early breast-feeding cessation and infant mortality in low-income countries: workshop summary / K.B. Simondon -- 24. Measuring trace immune factors in human milk: workshop summary / S. Filteau -- 25. Abstracts of poster presentations.
- Bringing pain relief to children treatment approaches 2006, SpringerHospital-based pain care for infants and children / Brenda C. McClain -- Treatment of acute and chronic pain in the outpatient setting / Neil L. Schechter -- Pain and pain relief in pediatric end-of-life care / John J. Collins and Gerri Frager -- Residential treatment settings for adolescent chronic pain management : rationale, development and evidence / Christopher Eccleston, Hannah Connell, and Nicola Carmichael -- Managing pediatric pain at school / Ronald T. Brown -- Efficacy of complementary and alternative medicine approaches for pediatric pain : state of the science / Jennie C.I. Tsao, Marcia Meldrum, and Lonnie K. Zeltzer -- Technology in pediatric pain management / Patrick J. McGrath, Carolyn Watters, and Erin Moon -- Developing pain services around the world / G. Allen Finley and Paula A. Forgeron -- Knowledge translation and pain management / Shannon Scott-Findlay and Carole A. Estabrooks.
- Caffey's Pediatric diagnostic imaging. 12th ed. 2013, ClinicalKeyV. 1: Radiation bioeffects, risks, and radiation protection in medical imaging in children -- Complications of contrast media -- Magnetic resonance safety -- Embryology, anatomy, normal findings, and imaging techniques -- Prenatal, congenital, and neonatal abnormalities -- Orbit infection and inflammation -- Orbital neoplasia -- Nose and sinonasal cavities -- Embryology, anatomy, normal findings, and imaging techniques -- Congenital and neonatal abnormalities -- Infection and inflammation -- Neoplasia -- Embryology, anatomy, normal findings, and imaging techniques -- Prenatal, congenital, and neonatal abnormalities -- Infection and inflammation -- Neoplasia -- Thyroid and parathyroid -- Embryology, anatomy, normal findings, and imaging techniques -- Prenatal imaging -- Craniosynostosis, selected craniofacial syndromes, and other abnormalities of the skull -- Neoplasms, neoplasms-like lesions, and infections of the skull -- The mandible -- Traumatic lesions of the skull and face -- Embryology and brain development -- Magnetic resonance spectroscopy and positron emission tomography -- Diffusion-weighted magnetic resonance imaging: principles and implementation in clinical and research settings -- Functional magnetic resonance imaging -- Perfusion imaging and magnetoencephalography -- Prenatal imaging -- Neonatal brain injury -- Congenital brain malformations -- Hydrocephalus -- Inherited metabolic and neurodegenerative disorders -- Infection and inflammation -- Pediatric brain neoplasms -- Cerebrovascular disorders -- Stroke -- Neuroimaging in pediatric epilepsy -- Trauma -- Embryology, anatomy, and normal findings -- Spinal cord imaging techniques -- Prenatal imaging -- Congenital abnormalities of the spine -- Infections of the spine and spinal cord -- Spinal tumor and tumorlike conditions -- Vascular lesions -- Trauma -- Embryology, anatomy, and normal findings -- Imaging techniques -- Prenatal imaging and intervention -- Upper airway disease -- Lower large airway disease -- Congenital lung anomalies -- Pulmonary infection -- Neoplasia -- Diffuse lung disease -- Systemic conditions with lung involvement -- The mediastinum -- The chest wall -- The pleura -- The diaphragm -- Introductory embryology -- Cardiovascular anatomy and segmental approach to imaging of congenital heart disease -- Pediatric echocardiography -- Chest radiography in pediatric cardiovascular disease -- Pediatric cardiothoracic computed tomographic angiography -- Magnetic resonance imaging for congenital heart disease -- Nuclear cardiology -- Pediatric cardiac catheterization and electrophysiology -- Surgical considerations for congenital heart disease -- Prenatal imaging and therapy of congenital heart disease -- Abnormal pulmonary and systemic venous connections -- Septal defects -- Right heart lesions -- Conotruncal anormalies -- Congenital anomalies of the thoracic great arteries -- Coronary artery disease in children -- Syndromes and chromosomal anomalies -- Myocardial, endocardial, and pericardial diseases -- Cardiac and pericardial tumors -- Cardiovascular involvement by systemic diseases -- Acquired diseases of the thoracic great vessels --V. 2: Embryology, anatomy, and normal findings -- Imaging techniques -- Prenatal gastrointestinal and hepatobiliary imaging -- The abdominal wall and peritoneal cavity -- Congenital hepatobiliary anomalies -- Acquired biliary tract disease -- Parenchymal liver disease -- Infectious causes of liver disease -- Neoplasia -- Vascular abnormalities of the liver -- Liver transplantation in children -- The spleen -- The pancreas -- Congenital and neonatal abnormalities -- Disorders of swallowing -- Acquired esophageal disorders -- Congenital and neonatal abnormalities -- Hypertrophic pyloric stenosis -- Acquired disorders -- Congenital and neonatal abnormalities -- Acquired abnormalities -- Acquired lesions of the small intestines -- Congenital and neonatal disorders -- Inflammatory and infectious diseases -- Intussusception -- Tumors and tumorlike conditions -- Abdominal trauma -- Embryology, anatomy, and variants of the genitourinary tract -- Imaging techniuqes -- Prenatal imaging and intervention -- Congenital and neonatal abnormalities -- Acquired abnormalities (stone disease and infection) -- Renal neoplasms -- Vascular conditions -- Renal failure and transplantation -- The ureter -- Vesicoureteral reflux -- Bladder and urethra -- Congenital and neonatal conditions -- Acquired conditions -- Genitourinary trauma -- Disorders of sex differentiation -- Abnormalities of the male genital tract -- Abnormalities of female genital tract -- Amenorrhea and abnormalities -- Embryology, anatomy, and normal findings -- Imaging techniques -- Prenatal musculoskeletal imaging -- Congenital anomalies of bone -- Skeletal dysplasias and selected chromosomal disorders -- Alignment disorders -- Scoliosis -- Developmental dysplasia of the hip -- Arthritis and differential inflammatory joint disorders -- Musculoskeletal infections -- Soft tissue and bone tumors -- Metabolic bone disease -- Endocrine disorders -- Skeletal manifestations of systemic disease -- Skeletal trauma -- Child abuse -- Sports medicine.
- Caring for children born small for gestational age 2013, SpringerCare for Children Born Small for Gestational Age is a comprehensive handbook that serves to synthesize the extensive recent literature in the area to provide a practical resource aimed at a wide range of healthcare professionals, including obstetricians, midwives, neonatologists, and primary care physicians. This comprehensive handbook includes an in-depth survey of the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and long-term monitoring of children born small for gestational age, as well as related conditions such as intrauterine growth restriction, metabolic syndrome and type 2 diabetes. Additionally, the short and long-term psychiatric and social consequences of this condition are addressed.
- Cartilage and bone development and its disorders 2011, KargerChondrocyte proliferation and differentiation / Wuelling, M., Vortkamp, A. -- Local regulation of growth plate cartilage / Spth, S.-S. ... [et al.] -- Growth plate senescence and catch-up growth / Lui, J.C., Nilsson, O., Baron, J. -- Endocrine regulation of longitudinal bone growth / Wit, J.M., Camacho-Hübner, C. -- Estrogen signaling in growth plate cartilage / Karimian, E., Svendahl, L. -- Methods to study cartilage and bone development / Andrade, A.C. ... [et al.] -- Fibroblast growth factor-23 and phosphorus metabolism / Tiosano, D. -- Molecular defects causing skeletal dysplasias / Mkitie, O. -- Allele-specific gene silencing in osteogenesis imperfecta / Ljunggren, Ö. ... [et al.] -- Stem cells in skeletal physiology and endocrine diseases of bone / Bianco, P., Sacchetti, B., Riminucci, M. -- Cartilage tissue engineering / Moreira-Teixeira, L.S. ... [et al.].
- Case review-- pediatric imaging. 2nd ed. 2011, ClinicalKeyPediatric Imaging: Case Review, by Thierry A.G.M. Huisman, MD, tests your ability to interpret a wide range of images seen in practice. The completely revised edition of this title in the popular Case Review series features all-new cases and superb-quality accompanying images that explore the newest imaging modalities, including the newest technology in post processing such as lung reconstruction and tractography of fibers within the brain. This complete study of pediatric imaging has been reorganized anatomically for quick reference and easy board review. This book contains approximately 200 cases-organized by difficulty-and 400 images-with questions and answers, diagnoses, commentary, references, and cross-references to Pediatric Radiology: The Requisites. Study effectively with content that mimics the format of official exams as well as the everyday clinical experience-offering highly effective preparation for certification, recertification, and practice. Distinguish between common and rare diagnoses with 200 case studies organized into ''Opening Round, '' ''Fair Game, '' and ''Challenge'' sections that present varying levels of difficulty and occurrences. Clearly see and interpret 400 high-quality, state-of-the-art images representing a wide range of clinical situations encountered in pediatric imaging. Supplement your Pediatrics board prep and get greater depth of information with easy cross-referencing to companion.
- "The field of critical care medicine is in the midst of a dramatic change. Technological and scientific advances during the last decade have resulted in a fundamental change in the way we view disease processes, such as sepsis, shock, acute lung injury, and traumatic brain injury. Pediatric intensivists have been both witness to and active participants in bringing about these changes and it is imperative that all physicians caring for critically ill children in this new era have a thorough understanding of the applicability of these modern developments to the care of patients at the bedside and to keep up with the rapidly evolving field of critical care medicine. Neurologic emergencies are a common reason for admission to the pediatric intensive care unit (PICU). A thorough understanding of the diseases and disorders affecting the pediatric central nervous system is vital for any physician or health care provider working in the PICU. The Central Nervous System in Pediatric Critical Illness and Injury has been written by an international panel of experts to provide readers with an in-depth discussion on the resuscitation, stabilization, and ongoing care of the critically ill or injured child with central nervous system dysfunction. This book is therefore absolutely crucial for anyone working in the PICU, from physicians, residents and fellows in critical care, neurology, and pediatrics to specialist nurses and support personnel on the PICU and all medical professionals who are involved in the management of these patients."--Publisher's website.
- Cerebral palsy in infancy targeted activity to optimize early growth and development 2014, ScienceDirectThis is a thought-provoking book which introduces a new way of thinking on the development and use of interventions. Relevant to current practice, it advocates early, targeted activity that is focused on increasing muscle activation, training basic actions and minimizing (or preventing) mal-adaptive changes to muscle morphology and function. The authors present recent scientific findings in brain science, movement sciences (developmental biomechanics, motor control mechanisms, motor learning, exercise science) and muscle biology. This knowledge provides the rationale for active intervention, underpinning the need for an early referral to appropriate services. The book features methods for promoting relatively intensive physical activity in young infants without placing a burden on parents which include assistive technologies such as robotics, electronic bilateral limb trainers and baby treadmills. This book begins by specifying the guidelines for training and exercise, outlining the rationale for such intervention. It goes on to cover the fundamentals of neuromotor plasticity and the development and negative effects of limited motor activity on brain organization and corticospinal tract development. Neuromuscular adaptations to impairments and inactivity are discussed along with the General Movement assessment that can provide early diagnosis and prognosis, facilitating very early referral from paediatric specialists to training programs. The book ends with a section featuring various methods of training with the emphasis on preventing/minimizing muscle contracture, stimulating biomechanically critical muscle activity and joint movement.
- Child abuse and neglect-- diagnosis, treatment, and evidence. 1st ed. 2011, ClinicalKeyCarole Jenny's Child Abuse and Neglect: Diagnosis, Treatment and Evidence focuses attention on the clinical evidence of child abuse to help you correctly diagnose and treat such cases in your own practice. In print and online, this unique, well-illustrated clinical reference provides new insights into the presentation and differential diagnosis of physical abuse and looks at shaken baby syndrome, sex offenders, and abuse in religious organizations, information on the biomechanics of injury, and other factors. Identify an abusive injury and treat it effectively by reviewing evidence and critical analyses from leading authorities in the field. Recognize the signs of shaken baby syndrome, sex offenders, and abuse in religious organizations. Understand the biomechanics of injury to determine whether abuse was truly the cause of a child's injury.
- General principles of psychopharmacotherapy with children and adolescents -- Sympathomimetic amines and central nervous system stimulants -- First generation/typical antipsychotic drugs -- Second generation/atypical and other antipsychotic drugs -- Antidepressant drugs -- Mood stabilizers : lithium carbonate and antiepileptics -- Antianxiety drugs -- Other drugs.
- Child homicide parents who kill 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Child neurology. 7th ed. 2006, OvidInherited metabolic diseases of the nervous system / John H. Menkes and William R. Wilcox -- Mitochondrial encephalomyopathies / Harvey B. Sarnat and John H. Menkes -- Heredodegenerative diseases / John H. Menkes -- Chromosomal anomalies and contiguous-gene syndromes / John H. Menkes and Rena E. Falk -- Neuroembryology, genetic programming, and malformations of the nervous system / Harvey B. Sarnat ... [et al.] -- Perinatal asphyxia and trauma / John H. Menkes and Harvey B. Sarnat -- Infections of the nervous system / Bernard L. Maria, James F. Bale, Jr., and G. Ellis Ziel -- Autoimmune and postinfectious diseases / Agustin Legido ... [et al.] -- Postnatal trauma and injuries by physical agents / John H. Menkes and Richard G. Ellenbogen -- Toxic and nutritional disorders / John H. Menkes -- Tumors of the nervous system / Bernard L. Maria and John H. Menkes -- Neurocutaneous syndromes / Bernard L. Maria and John H. Menkes -- Cerebrovascular disorders / Cesar C. Santos and E. Steve Roach -- Paroxysmal disorders / Raman Sankar ... [et al.] -- Headaches and nonepileptic episodic disorders / A. David Rothner and John H. Menkes -- Diseases of the motor unit / John H. Menkes and Harvey B. Sarnat -- Neurologic manifestations of systemic illness / S. Robert Snodgrass -- Disorders of mental development / Marcel Kinsbourne and Frank Wood.
- Child neuropsychology assessment and interventions for neurodevelopmental disorders. 2nd ed. 2009, SpringerDuring the past decade, significant advances have been made in the field of neurodevelopmental disorders, resulting in a considerable impact on conceptualization, diagnostics, and practice. The second edition of Child Neuropsychology: Assessment and Interventions for Neurodevelopmental Disorders brings readers up to speed clearly and authoritatively, offering the latest information on neuroimaging technologies, individual disorders, and effective treatment of children and adolescents. Starting with the basics of clinical child neuropsychology and functional anatomy, the authors present a transactional framework for assessment, diagnosis, and intervention. The book carefully links structure and function - and behavioral and biological science - for a more nuanced understanding of brain development and of pathologies as varied as pervasive developmental disorders, learning disabilities, neuromotor dysfunction, seizure disorders, and childhood cancers. This volume features a range of salient features valuable to students as well as novice and seasoned practitioners alike, including: overview chapters that discuss the effects of biogenic and environmental factors on neurological functioning; new emphasis on multicultural/cross-cultural aspects of neuropsychology and assessment; brand new chapters on interpretation, neuropsychological assessment process, and report writing; an integrative model of neurological, neuroradiological, and psychological assessment and diagnosis; balanced coverage of behavioral, pharmacological, and educational approaches to treatment; case studies illustrating typical and distinctive presentations and successful diagnosis, treatment planning, and intervention; and important practice updates, including the new HIPAA regulations. Child Neuropsychology, 2nd Edition, is vital reading for school, clinical child, and counseling psychologists as well as neuropsychologists.
- Childhood obesity contemporary issues 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Childhood obesity prevalence, pathophysiology, and prevention. First edition. [1st ed.] 2014, CRCnetBASEPart I. Genetic and environmental factors -- part II. Adverse health consequences -- part III. Prevention and treatment.
- Childhood obesity prevention and treatment. 2nd ed. 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Children and the dark side of human experience confronting global realities and rethinking child development. 2008, Springer
- Children's discovery of the active mind phenomenological awareness, social experience, and knowledge about cognition 2012, SpringerLearning about cognitive activities -- Conceptual knowledge about cognitive activities -- Phenomenological awareness : consciousness and the development of cognitive monitoring -- Social experience as a source of information about mental events -- Patterns of influence among phenomenological awareness, social experience, and conceptual knowledge.
- Children's orthopaedics and fractures. 3rd ed. 2010, SpringerPart 1. Overview -- General Principles / Roderick D. Duncan -- Growth and Its Variants / Roderick D. Duncan -- Children and Young People with Disability: Management and Support / Zoë M. Dunhill -- Anesthesia and Analgesia in Children / Edward Doyle -- Paediatric Imaging / David J. Wilson and Gina M. Allen -- Part 2. Generalized Disorders -- Gait Analysis / Tim N. Theologis -- Bone, Cartilage, and Fibrous Tissue Disorders / William G. Cole -- Metabolic and Endocrine Disorders of the Skeleton / Roger Smith -- Blood Disorders and AIDS / Christopher A. Ludlam and John E. Jellis -- Infections of Bones and Joints / Klaus Parsch and Sydney Nade -- Skeletal Tuberculosis / Kenneth C. Rankin and Surendar M. Tuli -- Children's Orthopaedics in the Tropics / Sharaf B. Ibrahim and Abdul-Hamid Abdul-Kadir -- Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis / Günther E. Dannecker and Martin N. Arbogast -- Bone Tumors / Gérard Bollini, Jean-Luc Jouve, Franck Launay, Elke Viehweger and Yann Glard, et al. -- Part 3. Neuromuscular Disorders -- Neuromotor Development and Examination / Robert A. Minns -- Hereditary and Developmental Neuromuscular Disorders / Eugene E. Bleck and James E. Robb -- Neural Tube Defects, Spina Bifida, and Spinal Dysraphism / H. Kerr Graham and Klaus Parsch -- Poliomyelitis / Wang Chow, Yun Hoi Li and Chi Yan John Leong -- Orthopaedic Management of Cerebral Palsy / James E. Robb and Reinald Brunner -- Arthrogryposis multiplex congenita / John A. Fixsen -- Part 4. Regional Disorders -- Developmental Anomalies of the Hand / Peter D. Burge -- The Shoulder and Elbow / John A. Fixsen -- Brachial Plexus Injuries Peripheral Nerve Injuries / Alain L. Gilbert and Rolfe Birch -- Leg Deformity and Length Discrepancy / John A. Fixsen, Robert A. Hill and Franz Grill -- The Limping Child / F. Stig Jacobsen and Göran Hansson -- Developmental Dysplasia of the Hip / Michael K.D. Benson and Malcolm F. Macnicol -- Legg-Calvé-Perthes Disease / Andrew M. Wainwright and Anthony Catterall -- Slipped Capital Femoral Epiphysis / Malcolm F. Macnicol and Michael K. D. Benson -- The Knee / David M. Hunt and Malcolm F. Macnicol -- The Foot / John A. Fixsen -- The Clubfoot: Congenital Talipes Equinovarus / Deborah M. Eastwood -- Pes Cavus / John A. Fixsen -- Congenital Vertical Talus (Congenital Convex Pes Valgus) / John A. Fixsen -- Congenital Disorders of the Cervical Spine / Robert N. Hensinger -- Back Pain in Children / Robert A. Dickson -- Spinal Deformities / Robert A. Dickson -- Spondylolisthesis / Robert A. Dickson -- Part 5. Fractures -- Principles of Fracture Care / Malcolm F. Macnicol and Alastair W. Murray -- Fracture Epidemiology / Lennart A. Landin -- Polytrauma in Children / Peter P. Schmittenbecher and Cathrin S. Parsch -- Management of Growth Plate Injuries / Franck Accadbled and Bruce K. Foster -- Birth and Non-accidental Injuries / Peter J. Witherow, Michael K.D Benson and Jacqueline Y.Q. Mok -- Fractures Around the Shoulder and the Humerus / J.B. Hunter -- Fractures of the Elbow and Forearm / James B. Hunter and Klaus Parsch -- Wrist and Hand Fractures / Malcolm F. Macnicol and Klaus Parsch -- Fractures of the Pelvis / Peter W. Engelhardt -- Femoral Neck Fractures / Peter W. Engelhardt -- Femoral Shaft Fractures / Klaus Parsch -- Fractures of the Knee and Tibia / Carol-C. Hasler -- Ankle Fractures / Klaus Parsch and Francisco Fernandez Fernandez -- Fractures and Dislocations of the Foot / Francisco Fernandez Fernandez -- Traumatic Disorders of the Cervical Spine / Robert N. Hensinger -- Fractures of the Thoracic and Lumbar Spine / Robert N. Hensinger and Clifford L. Craig.
- Children's respiratory nursing 2013, WileyAnatomy and physiology of the respiratory system / Conrad Bosman -- Homeostasis and the respiratory system / Andrew Prayle -- Nursing assessment, history taking, and collaborative working / Janice Mighten -- Investigations / Alan Smyth, Conrad Bosman & Janice Mighten -- Assessment of defects in airflow and lung volume / Haresh Vyas & Caroline Youle -- Oxygen therapy / Jayesh Bhatt & Sarah Spencer -- Long term ventilation / David Thomas & Beverley Waithe -- Management of lung infection in children / Alan Smyth -- Pharmacology and the respiratory system / Andrew Prayle & Janice Mighten -- Management of asthma and allergy / Jayesh Bhatt, Haresh Vyas & Debra Forster -- Complications with lung development & progressive airway injury / Jayesh Bhatt, Chhavi Goel & Sarah Spencer -- Inherited lung disease in children / Alan Smyth, Armanni Prasad & Janice Mighten -- Lung transplantation in children / Helen Spencer & Katherine Carter -- Transition to adult services / Donna Hilton -- Professional issues / Janice Mighten -- Communication an holistic approach / Phil Brewin.
- Chronic disorders in children and adolescents 2011, SpringerEpidemiology, Health Services Utilization, and Costs -- Chromosomal Abnormalities -- Autism -- Cerebral Palsy -- Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder -- Sensory Integration Dysfunction -- Conduct Disorder and Oppositional Defiant Disorder -- Depressive Disorders in Children and Adolescents -- Eating Disorders -- Childhood and Adolescent Obesity -- Diabetes Mellitus -- Juvenile Arthritis -- Infants, Children, and Adolescents Affected by HIV/AIDS.
- Cleft Lip and Palate: Diagnosis and Management is an unparalleled review of treatment concepts in all areas of cleft involvement presented by an international team of experienced clinicians. A unique feature of the book is that it largely consists of longitudinal facial and palatal growth studies of dental casts, photographs, panorexes, and cephalographs from birth to adolescence. Throughout the discussion of growth and treatment concepts, the importance of differential diagnosis in treatment planning is underscored. The underlying argument is that all of the treatment goals - good speech, facial aesthetics, dental occlusion, and psychological development - may be realized without the need to sacrifice one for another.In this third edition, further successful physiological treatment protocols are considered and the occurrence and prevention of relapses after some surgical treatments are discussed; again, all solutions are backed up by follow-up records. Additional topics not previously covered include strategies for coping with psychological effects on patients and intra-team conflict, the excellent clinical work being undertaken in Asia, and future multicenter palatal growth studies. It is the editor's hope that, by drawing on the wealth of experience contained in the book, clinicians will be better able to evaluate current treatment practices and concepts and to improve planning of their own treatment procedures.
- "As the knowledge base of child clinical and pediatric assessment continues to grow rapidly, so does the need for up-to-date information, explanations, and reference -- especially now, as commonly used tests are revised and reevaluated regularly, and evidence-based assessment has become the standard for practice. The Third Edition of Clinical Assessment of Child and Adolescent Personality and Behavior is an ideal update, designed to help graduate students and practitioners meet the challenges of assessing -- and improving services to -- these young clients. This highly accessible research-to-practice text offers the depth of coverage necessary to understand the field. It is firmly rooted in current knowledge on psychopathology and normative development. The authors review the various types of measures used to assess children's emotion, behavior, and personality, and they provide clear recommendations for their use. In addition, they emphasize skills, from rapport building to report writing, that are crucial to clinical expertise regardless of theoretical background. Finally, the authors provide clear guidelines for conducting evidence-based assessments of some of the most common forms of psychopathology experienced by children and adolescents."--Publisher's website.
- Clinical decisions in pediatric nephrology a problem-solving approach to clinical cases 2008, SpringerPreface -- Fluid and Electrolyte Disorders -- Acid-Base Disturbances -- Disorders of Divalent Ion Metabolism -- Nephrolithiasis -- Hypertension -- Acute Renal Failure -- Hereditary Nephritis and Genetic Disorders -- Glomerular, Vascular and Tubulo-Interstitial Diseases -- Chronic Kidney Disease -- Renal Osteodystrophy -- End-Stage Renal Disease and Dialysis -- Transplantation -- Index.
- Laboratory diagnosis of pediatric infectious disease -- Osteomyelitis and septic arthritis -- Congenital infections -- Congenital immunodeficiencies -- Hepatitis -- Otitis media and sinusitis -- Outpatient evaluation of fever -- Periorbital and orbital cellulitis -- Cervical adenitis -- Urinary tract infections -- Meningitis -- Pediatric tuberculosis -- Community-acquired pneumonia -- Salmonella gastroenteritis -- Catheter infection -- Infection in unusual spaces -- Fever and neurtropenia -- Fever of unknown origin -- Infection in solid organ transplant recipients -- Prophylaxis.
- Introduction: medical management of obesity -- Epidemiology of childhood obesity -- Pathophysiology of obesity -- Obesity in the context of child and adolescent development -- Evaluation of the obese child -- Respiratory complications -- Cardiovascular complications -- Insulin resistance, the metabolic syndrome, and type 2 diabetes -- Orthopedic complications -- Gastrointestinal complications -- Renal complications -- Neurologic complications -- Mental health issues -- Specific genetic causes of obesity -- Acute obesity-related emergencies -- Practice management strategies for obesity.
- "Conduct problems, particularly oppositional defiant disorder (ODD) and conduct disorder (CD), are the most common mental health problems affecting children and adolescents. The consequences to individuals, families, and schools may be severe and long-lasting. To ameliorate negative outcomes and ensure the most effective treatment for aggressive and antisocial youth, early diagnosis and evidence-based interventions are essential. Clinical Handbook of Assessing and Treating Conduct Problems in Youth provides readers with both a solid grounding in theory and a comprehensive examination of the evidence-based assessment strategies and therapeutic practices that can be used to treat a highly diverse population with a wide range of conduct problems. It provides professional readers with an array of evidence-based interventions, both universal and targeted, that can be implemented to improve behavioral and social outcomes in children and adolescents. This expertly written resource: Lays the foundation for understanding conduct problems in youth, including epidemiology, etiology, and biological, familial, and contextual risk factors.Details the assessment process, with in-depth attention to tools, strategies, and differential diagnosis.Reviews nine major treatment protocols, including Parent-Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT), multisystemic therapy (MST) for adolescents, school-based group approaches, residential treatment, and pharmacotherapy.Critiques the current generation of prevention programs for at-risk youth.Explores salient issues in working effectively with minority youth.Offers methods for evaluating intervention programs, starting with cost analysis.This volume serves as a one-stop reference for all professionals who seek a solid grounding in theory as well as those who need access to evidence-based assessment and therapies for conduct problems. It is a must-have volume for anyone working with at-risk children, including clinical child, school, and developmental psychologists; forensic psychologists; social workers; school counselors and allied professionals; and medical and psychiatric practitioners."--Book description (Amazon.com)
- Clinical manual of fever in children 2009, Springer
- Clinician's manual on treatment of pediatric migraine 2010, Springer
- Describes the COMPASS model for working with preschool and elementary age students with autism spectrum disorders. This book offers a framework for individualized assessment and program planning based in students' life experiences along with family and teacher input. At the same time, its two-tiered consultation/coaching strategy is designed to minimize the setbacks that occur even in optimal family and classroom situations. Featured in the text: theory and rationale behind COMPASS; self-evaluation tools for assessing core skills and competencies; guidelines for writing effective Individual Education Programs and the COMPASS Action Plan; detailed instructions for implementing Action Plans and monitoring progress; case studies of the COMPASS program in real-life situations; a complete kit of forms, scales, and checklists.
- Color textbook of pediatric dermatology. 4th ed. 2007, ClinicalKey1. Structure and function of the skin -- 2. Evaluation of children with skin disease -- 3. Acne -- 4. Dermatitis -- 5. Bacterial infections (Pyodermas) and spirochetal infections of the skin -- 6. Fungal and yeast infections of the skin -- 7. Infestations -- 8. Viral infections -- 9. Papulosquamous disorders -- 10. Sun sensitivity -- 11. Bullous diseases and mucocutaneous syndromes -- 12. Skin cysts and nodules -- 13. Vascular lesions -- 14. Vascular reactions: urticaria, erythemas, and purpuras -- 15. Hair disorders -- 16. Nail disorders -- 17. Disorders of pigmentation: the white lesions and the brown lesions -- 18. Immobile and hypermobile skin -- 19. Genodermatoses -- 20. Drug eruptions -- 21. Skin diseases in newborns -- 22. Dermatopharmacology and topical formulary.
- Complete resource on pediatric office emergency preparedness 2013, SpringerThis book describes key knowledge concepts, skills and up-to-date algorithms pertaining to common emergencies that can take place in a pediatric office, including: seizures, anaphylaxis and shock, and diabetic ketoacidosis. The authors supported by peer review from top specialists in Pediatric Emergency Medicine at the Baylor College of Medicine offer the first comprehensive educational resource on pediatric office emergency preparedness devoted exclusively to the practicing primary care health care provider and his/her team. During emergencies, providers and their staff are called on to.
- Comprehensive pediatric hospital medicine 2007, ClinicalKey1. What is a Hospitalist? -- 2. Pediatric Hospitalists: Efficiency and Quality of Care -- 3. Hospitalist Models of Care: Organization and Compensation -- 4. Quality of Care and Patient Satisfaction -- 5. Patient Safety and Medical Errors in Pediatric Hospitals -- 6. Infection Control for Pediatric Hospitals -- 7. Evidence-Based Medicine -- 8. Clinical Practice Guidelines -- 9. Approach to the Hospitalized Patient and Family -- 10. Hospitalist as Patient Advocate -- 11. Spiritual Care of the Hospitalized Child and Family -- 12. Pediatric Palliative, End-of-Life, and Bereavement Care -- 13. Transitions of Care in Hospitalized Children -- 14. Medical Consultation and Co-management -- 15. Transport Medicine for Hospitalists -- 16. Finances -- 17. Discharge planning, follow-up, payer relations, utilization management, home care -- 18. Ethics -- 19. Legal Issues: risk management, malpractice -- 20. Clinical Research -- 21. Protection of Patients, Research Subjects, and Confidentiality / IRBs and HIPPA -- 22. Medical Education; Inpatient Medical Education -- 23. Professional Organizations -- 24. Future Development of the Field -- 25. Abdominal Mass -- 26. Abdominal Pain -- 27. Acidosis -- 28. Altered Mental Status -- 29. Chest Pain -- 30. Cyanosis -- 31. Diarrhea -- 32. FTT -- 33. Fever -- 34. GI Bleeding -- 35. Hypertension -- 36. Hypoglycemia -- 37. Hyoptension/ Shock -- 38. Hypoxemia -- 39. Irritability/Intractable Crying -- 40. Limp/Joint Swelling -- 41. Lymphandenopathy/Adenitis -- 42. Mouth Pain/Lesions -- 43. Neck Pain -- 44. Petechiae/Purpura -- 45. Respiratory Distress (Wheezing, Stridor, SOB, Cough, Tachypnea) -- 46. Syncope -- 47. Vomiting -- 48. Delivery room medicine (NALS, premies, Apgars) -- 49. Term newborn (newborn screen, hips, hearing, hep B) -- 50. Birth Injury -- 51. Congenital anomalies -- 52. Respiratory Distress/TTN -- 53. Congenital and Perinatal Infections/Sepsis -- 54. Hypoglycemia, IDM -- 55. Hyperbilirubinemia -- 56. Neonatal abstinence/withdrawal -- 57. Dehydration -- 58. Electrolyte abnormalities (Na, K, Ca, Mg) -- 59. Antimicrobial Agents -- 60. Fever -- 61. FUO -- 62. Fever and Rash -- 63. CNS Infections -- 64. URTI -- 65. Neck and Oral Cavity Infections -- 66. Middle RTI and Bronchiolitis -- 67. Pneumonia -- 68. GI Infections -- 69. UTI -- 70. Bone, Joint, Soft-Tissue Infections -- 71. Catheter-related infections -- 72. HIV -- 73. Immunocompromised host -- 74. Apnea, ALTE, OSA -- 75. Asthma -- 76. Aspiration -- 77. BPD -- 78. Cystic Fibrosis -- 79. Airway Foreign Body -- 80. PFTs, and other tests of resp physiology -- 81. The Cardiac Exam -- 82. Approach to ECGs -- 83. Congenital Heart Disease -- 84. Endocarditis -- 85. Myocarditis/Cardiomyopathies -- 86. Pericarditis -- 87. Acute Rheumatic Fever -- 88. Diabetes Mellitus -- 89. Thyroid Disorders -- 90. Hypopituitarism/DI -- 91. Disorders of Calcium Metabolism -- 92. Adrenal Disorders -- 93. Biliary Disease -- 94. Constipation/encopresis -- 95. Gastritis and Ulcer Disease -- 96. Gastric emptying disorders -- 97. Hepatic Disorders -- 98. Inflammatory Bowel Disease -- 99. Malnutrition -- 100. Pancreatitis -- 101. Feeding Issues -- 102. Kawasaki Disease -- 103. Henoch Schonlein Purpura -- 104. Juvenile Dermatomyositis -- 105. Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis -- 106. Postinfectious Arthridites -- 107. Systemic Lupus Erythematosus -- 108. Acute renal failure -- 109. Chronic renal insufficiency/failure -- 110. Glomerulonephritis -- 111. Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome -- 112. Interstitial Nephritis -- 113. Nephrotic Syndrome -- 114. Renal Tubular Acidosis -- 115. Renal Vein Thrombosis -- 116. Anemia -- 117. Sickle Cell Anemia -- 118. Neutropenia -- 119. Thrombocytopenia -- 120. Disorders of Coagulation and Thrombosis -- 121. Transfusion Medicine and Blood Products -- 122. Emergencies -- 123. Initial care/management of common tumors -- 124. Fever and neutropenia, other complications of chemotherapy/radiation -- 125. Issues surrounding bone marrow transplant patients (GVHD) -- 126. Seizure disorders and status epilepticus -- 127. Headache -- 128. Weakness/hypotonia -- 129. Stroke and aneurysms -- 130. Common chromosomal disorders -- 131. Hyperammonemia (urea cycle defects) -- 132. Hypoglycemia -- 133. Metabolic acidosis -- 134. Anaphylaxis -- 135. Medication allergies and desensitization -- 136. Immunodeficiencies -- 137. IVIG -- 138. Gen: obstruction -- 139. Gen :abdominal Pain/Acute Abd -- 140. Gen: hernias -- 141. Gen: trauma -- 142. ENT -- 143. Neurosurgery -- 144. Ophtho -- 145. Orthopedics -- 146. Plastics: burns -- 147. Thoracic: Pneumothorax, Pneumomediastinum, Chest tubes -- 148. Urology -- 149. Physical Exam Findings: lumps and bumps -- 150. Purpura -- 151. Vesicles and Bullae -- 152. Psoriasis -- 153. Vascular Anomalies -- 154. Scabies and Lice -- 155. Atopic Dermatitis -- 156. Cellulitis and Erysipelas -- 157. Staphylococcal Scalded Skin Syndrome -- 158. Ecthyma Gangrenosum -- 159. Drug-associated Skin Rashes -- 160. Erythema Mulitforme -- 161. Stevens-Johnson Syndrome and Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis -- 162. Skin Diseases in Immunosuppressed Hosts -- 163. Erythrodermolysis Bullosa -- 164. Transplacentally Acquired Dermatoses of the Newborn -- 165. Depression -- 166. Suicide -- 167. Somataform disorders, diff dx of depression in hospitalized children -- 168. Agitation in hospitalized children -- 169. New onset psychosis -- 170. Eating Disorders -- 171. Sexually Transmitted Diseases -- 172. Menstrual Disorders: DUB, Amenorrhea, Menorrhagia -- 173. Shaken baby syndrome -- 174. Use of imaging/testing ₆ skeletal survey, ophtho exam, CT -- 175. Injuries, signs/symptoms concerning for non-accidental trauma -- 176. Munchausen-by-proxy syndrome -- 177. Legal issues -- 178. Stabilization of poisoned patients -- 179. OTC and Diabetic Agents -- 180. Chemical Exposures -- 181. Lead and other metals, Chelation -- 182. Drugs of Abuse -- 183. Withdrawal syndromes -- 184. Burns, Smoke Inhalation, Carbon Monoxide -- 185. Heat Disorders -- 186. Hypothermia, Cold Disorders -- 187. Drowning, Near Drowning -- 188. Animal Bites, Rabies, Human Bites -- 189. Envenomations -- 190. Infant Botulism -- 191. Nuclear/Biological/Chemical Terrorism -- 192. Introduction: Definitions -- 193. Special approach to Complex Care Children -- 194. Common reasons for admission -- 195. Technology: enterostomy tubes, vascular access, shunts -- 196. DNR and other special issues -- 197. Sedation and Pain Management -- 198. Patient Preparation for Imaging -- 199. LP -- 200. Cath urine -- 201. ABG -- 202. IV -- 203. intraosseous -- 204. CVL -- 205. UAL, UVL -- 206. Phlebotomy -- 207. Trach change -- 208. Intubation -- 209. Noninvasive Ventilation -- 210. Thoracentesis -- 211. Paracentesis -- 212. Arthrocentesis -- 213. VP shunt check -- 214. VP tap -- 215. Gross/Fine Motor, Social, Language.
- Congenital diseases and the environment 2007, Springer
- Congenital malformations of the head and neck 2014, SpringerCongenital Malformations of the Head and Neck offers a unique conceptual and visual approach to children with congenital malformations of the head and neck. Developed by renowned leaders in the field, this title is richly illustrated with a wealth of patient photos, radiology and endoscopic images of malformations. Starting with the genetics of common congenital syndromes, Congenital Malformations of the Head and Neck goes on to comprehensively cover malformations of the ear, nose, nasopharynx, oral cavity, oropharynx, cleft lip and palate, larynx, trachea, and neck. Easy-to-read and an indispensable reference and teaching resource, this title will serve as an invaluable reference for clinicians, neurologists, pediatricians, otolaryngologists and head and neck surgeons. It should also be of great interest to fellows and residents.
- Controversies around treatment of the open duct 2011, Springer
- Controversies in pediatric and adolescent hematology 2014, KargerNeonatal thrombocytopenia / Chakravorty, S.; Roberts, I. -- Pediatric and adolescent immune thrombocytopenia : prevention of bleeding versus burden of treatment / Cooper, N. -- Thrombosis in paediatrics : genetic versus environmental risk factors and implications for management / Monagle, P. -- Hematological problems in pediatric intensive care / Revel-Vilk, S.; Cox, P.; Robitaille, N.; Blanchette, V. -- New advances in the treatment of children with hemophilia / Lillicrap, D. -- Myelodysplastic and myeloproliferative diseases in children : current concepts / Vyas, P. -- Towards personalized medicine in childhood acute lymphoblastic leukaemia / Halsey, C. -- Reduced intensity conditioning in paediatric haematopoietic cell transplantation / Chiesa, R.; Veys, P. -- Can iron chelators replace stem cell transplantation in the treatment of thalassaemia syndromes? / Darbyshire, P.J. -- Iron deficiency : when and why oral iron may not be enough / Crary, S.E.; Buchanan, G.R. -- Principles of transitional care in haematology / Bolton-Maggs, P.; Choudhuri, S.
- Core topics in paediatric anaesthesia 2013, CambridgeCovers the important elements of paediatric anaesthesia in a concise, structured manner, providing invaluable information for established and aspiring practitioners.
- The Practice of Pediatric Anesthesia -- Growth and Development -- Perioperative Behavioral Stress in Children -- Preoperative Evaluation, Premedication, and Induction of Anesthesia -- Ethical Issues in Pediatric Anesthesiology -- Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacology of Drugs Used in Children -- Total Intravenous Anesthesia and Target-Controlled Infusion -- Fluid Management -- Essentials of Hematology -- Strategies for Blood Product Management and Reducing Transfusions -- Essentials of Pulmonology -- The Pediatric Airway -- Anesthesia for Thoracic Surgery -- Essentials of Cardiology -- Anesthesia for Children Undergoing Heart Surgery -- Cardiac Physiology and Pharmacology -- Cardiopulmonary Bypass and Management -- Medications for Hemostasis -- Mechanical Circulatory Support -- Interventional Cardiology -- Anesthesia for Noncardiac Surgery in Children with Congenital Heart Disease -- Essentials of Neurology and Neuromuscular Disorders -- Surgery, Anesthesia, and the Immature Brain -- Pediatric Neurosurgical Anesthesia -- Essentials of Endocrinology -- Essentials of Nephrology -- General Abdominal and Urologic Surgery -- Essentials of Hepatology -- Organ Transplantation -- Orthopedic and Spinal Surgery -- Otorhinolaryngologic Procedures -- Ophthalmology -- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery -- Burn Injuries -- The Extremely Premature Infant (Micropremie) -- Neonatal Emergencies -- Fetal Intervention and the EXIT Procedure -- Trauma -- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation -- Malignant Hyperthermia -- Regional Anesthesia -- Ultrasound-Guided Regional Anesthesia -- Acute Pain -- Chronic Pain -- Anesthesia Outside the Operating Room -- The Postanesthesia Care Unit and Beyond -- Sedation for Diagnostic and Therapeutic Procedures Outside the Operating Room -- Procedures for Vascular Access -- Infectious Disease Considerations for the Operating Room -- Pediatric Anesthesia in Developing Countries -- Pediatric Equipment -- Medicolegal Issues -- Simulation in Pediatric Anesthesia.
- Transition from the fetal to the neonatal circulation -- Triage and transport of infants and children with cardiac disease -- Airway control, mechanical ventilation, and respiratory care -- Heart-lung interactions -- Cardiac catheterization -- Echocardiography -- Cardiac anesthesia -- A pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic review -- Sedation and analgesia -- Monitoring of the cardiac patient -- The effects of cardiopulmonary bypass following pediatric cardiac surgery -- Nursing care of the pediatric cardiac patient -- Cardiac database and risk factor assessment. Outcomes analysis for congenital cardiac disease -- Patent ductus arteriosus -- Atrial septal defects -- Ventricular septal defects -- Complete atrioventricular septal defects -- Aortopulmonary window -- Tetralogy of Fallot -- Tetralogy of Fallot with absent pulmonary valve -- Tetralogy of Fallot with pulmonary atresia -- Pulmonary atresia with intact interventricular septum -- Pulmonary stenosis -- Left ventricular outflow tract obstruction -- Coarctation of the aorta -- Interrupted aortic arch -- Mitral valve anomalies and related disorders -- Mitral stenosis -- Prosthetic valves -- Hypoplastic left heart syndrome -- Single ventricle. General aspects -- Anomalous pulmonary veins -- Dextro-transposition fo the great arteries -- Congenitally corrected transposition of the great arteries (ccTGA) or Levo-transposition of the great arteries (l-TGA) -- Truncus arteriosus -- Double outlet right ventricle -- Ebstein's disease -- Anomalous coronary arteries -- Aortic valve regurgitation -- Vascular rings and pulmonary sling -- Takayasu arteritis -- Aortic dissection -- Tracheal resection -- Acute pulmonary hypertension -- Chronic pulmonary hypertension -- Acute myocarditis and cardiomyopathies -- Pericardial diseases -- Infective endocarditis -- Cardiac failure -- Shock in the cardiac patient: a brief overview -- Mechanical circulatory support in pediatric cardiac surgery -- Heart transplantation -- Arrhythmias in the intensive care unit -- Pacemakers (temporary and permanent), implantable cardioverter defibrillators (ICDs) and cardiac resynchronization therapy --Discontinuation of life: ethical and legal issues -- Respiratory complications: acute respiratory distress syndrome, chylothorax, diaphragmatic palsy, and functional and respiratory physiotherapy -- Gastrointestinal complications: necrotizing enterocolitis, malrotation, and protein losing enteropathy -- Malnutrition and feeding difficulties: guidelines for enteral and parenteral nutrition -- Hematological aspects: anticoagulation, heparin-induced thrombocytopenia, plasma exchange -- Renal failure and replacement therapy -- Neurological complications: intracranial bleeding, stroke and seizures -- Infections in the cardiac intensive care unit -- Skin protection.
- Print MaterialThe segmental approach to congenital heart disease -- Cardiovascular physiology and shock -- Regulation of pulmonary vascular resistance and blood flow -- Renal function and heart disease -- Splanchnic function and heart disease -- Cerebral function and heart disease -- Pharmacology of cardiovascular drugs -- Pediatric arrhythmias -- Pericardial effusion and tamponade -- Anesthesia for pediatric cardiac surgery -- Applied respiratory physiology -- Respiratory support for the child with critical heart disease -- Cardiac arrest and cardiopulmonary resuscitation -- Coagulation disorders in congenital heart disease -- Nutrition and metabolism in the critically ill child with cardiac disease -- Heart and lung transplantation -- Noninvasive diagnosis of congenital and acquired pediatric heart disease -- Diagnostic and therapeutic catheterization -- Perioperative monitoring -- Cardiopulmonary bypass in infants and children -- Mechaincal circulatory support in infants and children -- Nursing care of the child with congenital heart disease -- Perioperative management of patients with congenital heart disease: a multidisciplinary approach -- Atrial septal defects and ventricular septal defects -- Atrioventricular septal defects -- Left ventricular outflow tract obstruction -- Coarctation of the aorta and interrupted aortic arch -- Mitral valve diseases -- Aortopulmonary septal defects and patent ductus arteriosus -- Anomalous origin of the coronary arteries -- Persistent truncus arteriosus -- Total anomalous pulmonary venous return -- Transposition of the great arteries and the arterial switch operation -- Double-outlet right ventricle and double-outlet left ventricle -- Tetralogy of fallot with and without pulmonary atresia -- Pulmonary atresia with intact ventricular septum -- Ebstein's malformation -- Single-ventricle lesions -- Tricuspid atresia -- Hypoplastic left heart syndrome -- Separating the circulations: cavopulmonary connections (bidirectional glenn, hemi-fontan) and the modified fontan operation -- The critical appraisal and use of evidence about therapy -- Pulmonary hypertension -- Inflammatory heart disease -- Infective endocarditis -- Syndromes and congenital heart defects -- Heritable heart disease as part of multisystem illness -- Cardiomyopathy.
- Current advances in osteosarcoma 2014, Springer"Current Advances in Osteosarcoma summarizes molecular and genetic characteristics, new therapeutic ideas, and biological characteristics that have been uncovered in this field over the past 10 years. Osteosarcoma is an aggressive malignant neoplasm and is the most common histological form of bone cancer. Osteosarcoma accounts for approximately 56% of new bone tumors, making it the most primary malignant bone tumor in children and adolescents. The lungs are the most common site of metastases and once osteosarcoma spreads to the lungs, it is very difficult to treat. In order to improve the outcome of this disease, the biology of osteosarcoma needs to be better understood. There are numerous investigators around the world who have made seminal discoveries about the important molecular pathways and genetic alterations that contribute to the development and metastases of osteosarcoma. Other investigators have proposed novel therapeutic strategies including some based on the molecular and genetic phenotype of the disease. This volume will provide a comprehensive review of these new discoveries in one singular text, which will help move the field forward."
- Current diagnosis & treatment pediatrics. International ed. 2012 (21st ed.), AccessMedicine
- Cutaneous manifestations of child abuse and their differential diagnosis blunt force trauma 2013, SpringerThe skin is the most accessible organ of the body and also the most frequently injured organ in physical abuse of children. The interpretation of skin lesions, however, is not always simple. In recent years, many reports have been published on pediatric dermatological disorders and accidental injuries that were unjustly regarded as physical signs of child abuse. Knowledge of the differential diagnosis of unexplained skin findings is essential for accurate diagnosis and of vital importance given that errors in either direction (false positive or false negative) can have disastrous consequences.
- Development and causality neo-Piagetian perspectives 2011, Springer1. Overview of the present work -- 2. The biopsychosocial and bio-personal-social models -- 3. Piaget and development -- 4. The present cognitive-affective stage model: I cognition -- 5. The present models: II postformal stage, neo-Eriksonian parallels, systems -- 6. Substages in the neo-piagetian models of Case, Fischer, and Young -- 7. Parallels in cognitive substages and socioaffectivity in Case -- 8. Parellels in cognitive substages and socioaffectivity in Fischer -- 9. Case and Fischer on language and the brain -- 10. Recent Case and colleagues -- 11. Further Fischer: comprehensive summary, adult development -- 12. Recent Fischer: emotional development -- 13. Self-development -- 14. Cognitive (mis)perception of the self and other -- 15. Social cognition/theory of mind -- 16. Self-definition and relatedness/self-regulation in development -- 17. Cognitive/socioaffective complexes and multiple intelligences -- 18. Postformal thought: commons' model -- 19. Development of personality and motivational needs -- 20. Socioemotional systems and neo-Eriksonian dangers -- 21. Approaches to emotions -- 22. Emotional development in infancy -- 23. Attachment basics -- 24. Internal working models and social self working schemata -- 25. Development of hemispheric specialization -- 26. Lateralization and developing cognition -- 27. Systems and development -- 28. Attractors, complexity -- 29. Causes and determinants of behavior -- 30. Gene-environment interactions: other topics --31. Stages and change in development and other systems -- 32. Collective intelligence and multilevel selection -- 33. Narrative discourse coding: cohesion in children's narratives -- 34. Narrative discourse coding: syntactic complexity-errors -- 35. Book conclusions.
- Developmental-behavioral pediatrics. 4th ed. 2009, ClinicalKey
- Diabetes in childhood and adolescence 2005, KargerEtiopathogenetic aspects of type 1 diabetes / Knip, M. -- Susceptibility to type 1 diabetes: genes and mechanisms / Contu, D., Cucca, F. -- Autoimmunity in type 1 diabetes mellitus / Achenbach, P., Ziegler, A.G. -- Neonatal diabetes mellitus / Polak, M., Shield, J. -- Diagnosis and management of MODY in a pediatric setting / Njolstad, P.R., Sovik, O. -- Diabetic ketoacidosis / Brink, S.R. -- Insulin treatment / Kapellen, T.M. -- Medical nutrition therapy of children and adolescents with diabetes / Virtanen, S.M. -- Continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion in childhood and adolescence / Phillip, M., Weintrob, N., Shalitin, S. -- Quality management in pediatric diabetology / Holl, R.W. ... [et al.] -- Sports and physical activity in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes mellitus / Raile, K. ... [et al.] -- Invasive and noninvasive means of diabetes self-management / Deiss, D., Hartmann, R., Kordonouri, O. -- Adolescence / Dunger, D.B., Acerini, C., Ahmed, M.L. -- Diabetic nephropathy in children and adolescents / Chiarelli, F., Santilli, F. -- Diabetic autonomic and peripheral neuropathy / Donaghue, K.C., Al-Jasser, A., Maguire, A. -- Macrovascular disease / Dahl-Jørgensen, K., Larsen, J.R. -- Hypoglycemia in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes / Blasetti, A. ... [et al.] -- Diabetic retinopathy in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes / Bittner, C., Kordonouri, O., Danne, T. -- Complications and consequences / Kapellen, T.M., Klemens, A.G., Kiess, R.W. -- Type 2 diabetes mellitus in childhood / Piscopo, M.A. ... [et al.] -- Beta-cell function replacement by islet transplantation and gene therapy / Falqui, L.L.
- Diagnostic pediatric surgical pathology 2010, ClinicalKeyThe aim of this publication is to present a comprehensive and detailed account, which brings together and covers all, or at least most, pediatric surgical pathological entities in a single volume, to allow rapid access for day-to-day use.
- Differential diagnosis in pediatric dermatology 2013, SpringerDifferential diagnosis in pediatric dermatology requires not only a direct experience in the field, but also an inclination to symptoms observations and analysis.This book, the first exclusively devoted to this topic, covers the full range of relevant conditions: inherited skin disorders; nevi; viral, bacterial, fungal, and parasitic infections; acne; allergic diseases; autoimmune skin disorders; connective tissue diseases; tumors; and miscellaneous conditions. Each chapter addresses the differential diagnosis between two (or occasionally three or four) dermatological conditions. All chapters are just two pages long, containing between two and six images and a very short text emphasizing the clinical differences between the diseases in question. At the end of each chapter, a summary highlights one or two characteristics essential for the differential diagnosis. The volume will represent an ideal tool for pediatric dermatologists, pediatricians, and GPs, and will help them in the diagnosic process.
- Diseases of the liver in children evaluation and management 2014, SpringerDiseases of the Liver in Children: Evaluation and Management provides a comprehensive, state-of-the art review of pediatric liver disease, with a practical approach useful for the primary care provider or general gastroenterologist. With an emphasis on tables and images, this book serves as a reference for understanding basic hepatic processes and the significance of laboratory findings. It also discusses the state of the art of diagnosis and treatment of diseases that affect the pediatric liver. The text captures the key elements of treatment and monitoring important for the primary care provider partnering in the care of these patients with pediatric hepatologists. The current state of transplantation and other surgical approaches are also discussed. The importance of aggressive bowel rehabilitation in the prevention of end-stage total parenteral nutrition-induced liver disease is also covered. Written by experts in their fields and including the most up to date clinical information, Diseases of the Liver in Children: Evaluation and Management serves as a very useful resource for physicians.
- Diseases of the sinuses a comprehensive textbook of diagnosis and treatment. Second edition [2nd ed.] 2014, SpringerDiseases of the Sinuses: A Comprehensive Textbook of Diagnosis and Treatment, 2nd Edition, offers the definitive source of information about the basic science of the sinuses and the clinical approach to sinusitis. Since the widely praised publication of the first edition, understanding of sinus disease has changed dramatically, mainly as a result of recent developments and new discoveries in the field of immunology. This updated and expanded edition is divided into sections addressing, separately, the pathogenesis, clinical presentation, medical and surgical management of acute and chronic rhinosinusitis. Special entities such as autoimmune-related sinusitis, allergy and sinusitis, and aspirin-exacerbated respiratory disease are discussed in separate chapters. The role of immunodeficiency is also addressed. The management section has been fully updated to incorporate new medical modalities and surgical procedures. Developed by a distinguished group of international experts who share their expertise and insights from years of collective experience in treating sinus diseases, the book will appeal to anyone who has an interest in sinus disease, including both physicians and allied health professionals. Internists, pediatricians, allergists, otolaryngologists and infectious disease specialists will find the book to be an invaluable, comprehensive reference. Physician assistants and nurse practitioners who work with specialists who treat sinus disease will also benefit from the book.
- Diseases of the thyroid in childhood and adolescence 2007, KargerOntogenesis and anatomy of the hypothalamic-pituitary-thyroid axis / Tsoumalis, G.; Tsatsoulis, A -- Thyroid disease during pregnancy / Lazarus, J.H -- Thyroid function in the newborn and infant / Spiliotis, B.E. -- Pediatric aspects of thyroid function and iodine / Knobel, M., Medeiros-Neto, G -- Thyroid hormone transport and actions / Feldt-Rasmussen, U., Rasmussen, Å.K. -- The thyroid and autoimmunity in children and adolescents / Weetman, A.P. -- Congenital hypothyroidism / Karges, B., Kiess, W. -- Newborn screening, hypothyroidism in infants, children and adolescents / Büyükgebiz, A. -- Resistance to thyroid hormone in childhood / Bakker, O. -- Pendred syndrome / Kassem, S., Glaser, B. -- Treatment of hyperthyroidism due to Graves' disease in children / Rivkees, S.A. -- Thyroid-associated ophthalmopathy in juvenile Graves' disease: clinical, endocrine and therapeutic aspects / Krassas, G.E., Gogakos, A. -- Differentiated thyroid carcinoma in pediatric age / Wiersinga, W.M. -- Imaging of the normal and affected thyroid in childhood / Bennedbæk, F.N., Hegedüs, L. -- Thyroid and other autoimmune diseases with emphasis on type 1 diabetes mellitus and Turner syndrome / Kapellen, T. ...[et al.] -- Thyroid and trace elements in children and adolescence / Kahaly, G.J.
- Drugs in pregnancy and lactation a reference guide to fetal and neonatal risk. Tenth edition. 2015, Ovid
- Dulcan's Textbook of child and adolescent psychiatry. 1st ed. 2010, PsychiatryOnlineAssessing infants and toddlers -- Assessing the preschool-age child -- Assessing the elementary school-age child -- Assessing adolescents -- Classification of psychiatric disorders -- The process of assessment and diagnosis -- Diagnostic interviews -- Rating scales -- Pediatric evaluation and laboratory testing -- Neurological examination, electroencephalography, and neuroimaging -- Psychological and neuropsychological testing -- Intellectual disability (mental retardation) -- Autism spectrum disorders -- Developmental disorders of learning, communication, and motor skills -- Attention-deficity/hyperactivity disorder -- Oppositional defiant disorder and conduct disorder -- Substance abuse and addictions -- Depression and dysthmyia -- Biopolar disorder -- Generalized anxiety disorder, specific phobia, panic disorder, social phobia, and selective mutism -- Separation anxiety disorder and school refusal -- Posttraumatic stress disorder -- Obsessive-compulsive disorder -- Early-onset schizophrenia -- Obesity -- Anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa -- Tic disorders -- Elimination disorders -- Sleep disorders -- Evidence-based practices -- Child abuse and neglect -- HIV and AIDS -- Bereavement and traumatic grief -- Ethnic, cultural, and religious issues -- Youth suicide - Gender identity and sexual orientation -- Aggression and violence -- Genetics: fundamentals relevant to child and adolescent psychiatry -- Psychiatric emergencies -- Family transitions: challenges and resilience -- Psychiatric aspects of chronic physical disorders -- Children of parents with psychiatric and substance abuse disorders -- Legal and ethical issues --; Telepsychiatry -- Principles of psychopharmacology -- Medications used for attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder -- Antidepressants -- Mood stabilizers -- Antipsychotic medications -- Apha-adrenergics, beta-blockers, benzodiazepines, buspirone, and desmopressin - Medications used for sleep -- Electroconvulsive therapy, transcranial magnetic stimulation, and deep brain stimulation -- Individual psychotherapy -- Parent counseling, psychoeducation, and parent support groups -- Behavioral parent training --- Family therapy - Interpersonal psychotherapy for depressed adolescents -- Cognitive-behavioral treatment for anxiety disorders -- Cognitive-behavioral therapy for depression - Motivational interviewing -- System of care, wraparound services,and home-based services -- Milieu treatment: inpatient, partial hospitalization, and residential programs -- School-based interventions -- Collaborating with primary care -- Juvenile justice.
- Animal studies of the effects of early nutrition on long-term health / Harding, J.E. ... [et al.] -- Dietary lipid quality and long-term outcome / Novak, E.M., Keller, B.O. and Innis, S.M. -- How proteins improve the development of preterm infants / Corpeleijn, W.E. ... [et al.] -- The knowns and unknowns of human milk banking / Simmer, K. -- Short- and long-term effects of probiotics administered early in life / Szajewska, H. -- New findings from the feeding infants and toddlers study 2008 / Siega-Riz, A.M. ... [et al.] -- Weaning practices in other parts of the world : case study India / Agarwal, K.N. -- Weaning practices in other parts of the world : case study Russia / Baturin, A.K. -- Micronutrient deficiencies and effect of supplements on correcting them / Zlotkin, S. -- Food allergy and complementary feeding / Shreffler, W.G. and Radano, M. -- Early feeding : setting the stage for healthy eating habits / Mennella, J.A. and Ventura, A.K. -- Early feeding practices and development of food allergies / Lack, G. and Penagos, M. -- Learning to prefer the familiar in obesogenic environments / Birch, L.L. and Anzman-Frasca, S. -- Early feeding practices and their impact on development of celiac disease / Fasano, A. and Catassi, C. -- Infant feeding practices and subsequent development of adipose tissue / Stettler, N. -- Early life nutrition and bone development in children / Jones, G. -- IGF-I signaling and effects on longevity / Holzenberger, M.
- "Completely updated and expanded, 'Emans, Laufer, and Goldstein's Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology', Sixth Edition, covers the medical and surgical approaches to common pediatric and adolescent clinical problems. The book discusses the importance of the history and physical examination and the physiology of puberty and its associated disorders and complications"--Provided by publisher.
- Emergencies in pediatric oncology 2012, Springer
- Emergency musculoskeletal imaging in children 2014, SpringerThis book is a practical guide to the radiologic evaluation of acute musculoskeletal injuries of the upper and lower extremities in children. It covers the detection of more subtle and frequently missed fractures and injuries such as buckle fractures, Salter Harris I and II fractures, and epiphyseal and metaphyseal fractures. It also emphasizes the assessment of soft tissues and periarticular fat pads, which can lead to discovery of the sites of bony injuries. Other pathologies that affect the musculoskeletal system, such as infections and tumors, are also discussed. It includes over 600 magnetic resonance, computed tomography, ultrasound, and radiographic images organized by anatomic region.
- Global changes in diet and activity patterns as drivers of the nutrition transition / Popkin, B.M. -- Regional case studies : India / Reddy, K.S. -- Regional case studies : China / Yin, S. -- Regional case studies : Africa / Prentice, A.M. -- Obesity in emerging nations : evolutionary origins and the impact of a rapid nutrition transition / Prentice, A.M. -- Prenatal origins of undernutrition / Christian, P. -- Postnatal origins of undernutrition / Prost, M.-A. -- Malnutrition, long-term health, and the effect of nutritional recovery / Sawaya, A.L. ... [et al.] -- The role of epigenetics in mediating environmental effects on phenotype / Morgan, D.; Whitelaw, E. -- Metabolism of methionine in vivo : impact of pregnancy, protein restriction, and fatty liver disease / Kalhan, S.C. -- Adiposity and comorbidities : favorable impact of caloric restriction / Ravussin, E.; Redman, L.M. -- Obesity, inflammation, and macrophages / Subramanian, V.; Ferrante, A.W., Jr. -- Obesity, hepatic metabolism and disease / Edmison, J.M.; Kalhan, S.C.; McCullough, A.J. -- Imperative of preventive measures addressing the life-cycle / Yajnik, C.S. -- New approaches to optimizing early diets / Polberger, S. -- Prevention of low birthweight / Alam, D.S. -- Community-based approaches to address childhood undernutrition and obesity in developing countries / Shetty, P.
- Endocrine disruptors and puberty 2012, Springer1. Introduction to Endocrine Disruptors and Puberty / Evanthia Diamanti-Kandarakis and Andrea C. Gore -- pt. I. EDCs, Endocrine Systems, and Puberty -- 2. In Utero Exposure to Environmental Chemicals: Lessons from Maternal Cigarette Smoking and Its Effects on Gonad Development and Puberty / Rebecca McKinlay, Peter O'Shaughnessey, Richard M. Sharpe, and Paul A. Fowler -- 3. Reproductive Neuroendocrine Targets of Developmental Exposure to Endocrine Disruptors / Sarah M. Dickerson, Stephanie L. Cunningham, and Andrea C. Gore -- 4. Endocrine Disruptors and Puberty Disorders from Mice to Men (and Women) / Alberto Mantovani -- 5. Thyroid Hormone Regulation of Mammalian Reproductive Development and the Potential Impact of Endocrine-Disrupting Chemicals / Kara Renee Thoemke, Thomas William Bastian, and Grant Wesley Anderson -- pt. II. Developmental Exposure to Endocrine Disruptors and adverse reproductive outcomes -- 6. Developmental Exposure to Endocrine Disruptors and Ovarian Function / Evanthia Diamanti-Kandarakis, Eleni Palioura, Eleni A. Kandaraki -- 7. Developmental Exposure to Environmental Endocrine Disruptors and Adverse Effects on Mammary Gland Development / Suzanne E. Fenton, Lydia M. Beck, Aditi R. Borde, and Jennifer L. Rayner -- 8. Developmental Exposure to Endocrine Disruptors and Male Urogenital Tract Malformations / Mariana F. Fernandez and Nicolas Olea -- 9. EDC Exposures and the Development of Reproductive and Nonreproductive Behaviors / Craige C. Wrenn, Ashwini Mallappa, and Amy B. Wisniewski -- pt. III. Developmental Exposure to Endocrine Disruptors and Metabolic Disorders -- 10. Adipocytes as Target Cells for Endocrine Disruption / Amanda Janesick and Bruce Blumberg -- 11. Altered Glucose Homeostasis Resulting from Developmental Exposures to Endocrine Disruptors / Alan Schneyer and Melissa Brown -- 12. Developmental Exposure to Endocrine Disrupting Chemicals: Is There a Connection with Birth and Childhood Weights? / Elizabeth E. Hatch, Jessica W. Nelson, Rebecca Troisi, and Linda Titus -- pt. IV. EDCs and Human Health -- 13. The Impact of Endocrine Disruptors on Female Pubertal Timing / Jean-Pierre Bourguignon and Anne-Simone Parent -- 14. The Influence of Endocrine Disruptors on Male Pubertal Timing / Xiufeng Wu, Ningning Zhang, and Mary M. Lee -- 15. Secular Trends in Pubertal Timing: A Role for Environmental Chemical Exposure? / Vincent F. Garry and Peter Truran.
- Endocrinology adult and pediatric. 6th ed. 2010, ClinicalKeyV. 1 -- Endocrinology: impact on science and medicine -- Control of hormone gene expression -- Control of hormone secretion -- Insulin and growth factor signaling pathways -- Hormone signaling via G protein-coupled receptors -- Nuclear receptors: structure, function, and coregulators -- Applications of genetics in endocrinology -- Development of the pituitary -- Prolactin -- Adrenocorticotropic hormone -- Endocrine rhythms, the sleep-wake cycle, and biological clocks -- Hypothalamic syndromes -- Hypopituitarism and growth hormone deficiency -- Acromegaly -- Cushing's syndrome -- Clinically nonfunctioning sellar masses -- TSH-producing adenomas -- Disorders of prolactin secretion and prolactinomas -- Pituitary surgery -- Evaluation and management of childhood hypothalamic and pituitary tumors -- Vasopressin, diabetes insipidus, and the syndrome of inappropriate antidiuretic hormone secretion -- The pineal gland and melatonin -- Regulation of growth hormone and action (secretagogues) -- Insulin-like growth factor-1 and its binding proteins -- Somatic growth and maturation -- Growth hormone deficiency in children -- Appetite regulation and thermogenesis -- Obesity: the problem and its management -- Genetic syndromes associated with obesity -- Anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, and other eating disorders -- Development of the endocrine pancreas -- Biosynthesis, processing, and secretion of the islet hormones: insulin, islet amyloid polypeptide (amylin), glucagon, somatostatin, and pancreatic polypeptide -- Insulin secretion -- The mechanisms of insulin action -- Glucagon and the glucagon-like peptides -- Regulation of intermediatory metabolism during fasting and feeding --Role of the adipocyte in metabolism and endocrine function -- Lipodystrophy syndromes -- Classification and diagnosis of diabetes mellitus -- Type 1 (insulin-dependent) diabetes mellitus: etiology, pathogenesis, prediction, and prevention -- Type 2 diabetes mellitus: etiology, pathogenesis, and natural history -- Lipoprotein metabolism and the treatment of lipid disorders -- Hyperglycemia secondary to nondiabetic conditions and therapies -- The metabolic syndrome -- Treatment of type 1 diabetes mellitus in adults -- Ketoacidosis and hyperosmolar coma -- Hypoglycemia and hypoglycemic syndromes -- Management of type 2 diabetes mellitus -- Management of diabetes mellitus in children -- Pancreatic and islet transplantation -- Diabetes control, long-term complications, and large vessel disease -- Diabetic eye disease -- Diabetes mellitus: neuropathy -- Diabetic nephropathy -- Diabetic foot and vascular complications -- Parathyroid hormone and parathyroid hormone-related peptide in the regulation of calcium homeostasis and bone development -- Calcitonin -- Vitamin D: from photosynthesis, metabolism, and action to clinical applications -- Bone development and remodeling -- Calcium regulation, calcium homeostasis, and genetic disorders of calcium metabolism -- Genetic disorders of phosphate homeostasis -- Primary hyperparathyroidism -- Malignancy-associated hypercalcemia and medical management -- Surgical management of hyperparathyroidism -- Pseudohypoparpathyroidism, Albright's hereditary osteodystrophy, and progressive osseous heteroplasia: disorders caused by inactivating GNAS mutations -- Genetic defects in vitamin D metabolism and action -- Hereditary disorders of the skeleton -- Bone density and imaging of osteoporosis -- Chronic kidney disease mineral and bone disorder -- Disorders of calcification: osteomalacia and rickets -- Paget's disease of bone --V. 2 -- Anatomy and development of the thyroid -- Thyroid-stimulating hormone: physiology and secretion -- Thyroid regulatory factors -- Thyroid hormone metabolism -- Mechanisms of thyroid hormone action -- Thyroid function testing -- Thyroid imaging -- Autoimmune thyroid disease -- Graves' disease -- Graves' ophthalmopathy -- Autonomously functioning thyroid nodules and other causes of thyrotoxicosis -- Chronic (Hashimoto's) thyroiditis -- Subacute and Riedel's thyroiditis -- Hypothyroidism and myxedema coma -- Nonthyroidal illness syndrome: a form of hypothyroidism -- Multinodular goiter -- Iodine deficiency disorders -- Thyroid neoplasia -- Medullary thyroid carcinoma and multiple endocrine neoplasia type 2 -- Thyroid-stimulating hormone receptor mutations -- Genetic defects in thyroid hormone synthesis and action -- Thyroid hormone binding and variants of transport proteins -- Resistance to thyroid hormone -- Surgery of the thyroid -- The principles, enzymes, and pathways of human steroidogenesis -- Glucocorticoid action: physiology -- Glucocorticoid receptors: their mechanisms of action and glucocorticoid resistance -- Aldosterone: secretion and action -- Glucocorticoid therapy -- Adrenal insufficiency -- Adrenal causes of hypercortisolism -- Defects of adrenal steroidogenesis -- Adrenarche and adrenopause -- Adrenal gland imaging -- Adrenocortical carcinoma -- Primary mineralocorticoid excess syndromes and hypertension -- Mineralocorticoid deficiency -- Pheochromocytoma -- Adrenal surgery --Hormones of the cardiovascular system -- Hyponatremia and hypernatremia -- Orthostatic hypotension and orthostatic intolerance -- Endocrine aspects of critical care medicine -- Gonadotropin-releasing hormones -- Gonadal peptides: inhibins, activins, follistatin, Müllerian-inhibiting substance (antimüllerian hormone) -- Gonadotropins-regulation of synthesis and secretion -- Genetic basis of gonadal and genital development -- Diagnosis and treatment of disorders of sexual development -- Endocrinology of sexual maturation and puberty -- Precocious puberty -- Delayed puberty -- Hormonal control of breast development -- The endocrinology of sexual behavior and gender identity -- Folliculogenesis, ovulation, and luteogenesis -- Ovarian hormone synthesis -- Estrogen and progesterone action -- Hormonal regulation of the menstrual cycle, mechanisms of ovulation, premenstrual syndromes -- Amenorrhea, anovulation, and dysfunctional uterine bleeding -- Endometriosis -- Female subfertility: evaluation and management -- Hyperandrogenism, hirsutism, and the polycystic ovary syndrome -- Ovulation induction and assisted reproduction -- Contraception -- Menopause -- Functional morphology of the testis -- Androgen physiology, pharmacology, and abuse -- Testicular dysgenesis syndrome, cryptorchidism, hypospadias, and testicular tumors -- Androgen deficiency disorders -- Gynecomastia -- Clinical management of male infertility -- Male contraception -- Endocrinology of the prostate -- The endocrinology of human pregnancy and parturition -- Fetal and neonatal endocrinology -- Diabetes mellitus and pregnancy -- Diagnosis and treatment of thyroid disease during pregnancy -- Hormonal changes and endocrine testing in pregnancy -- Autoimmune polyglandular syndromes -- Multiple endocrine neoplasia type 1 -- Multiple endocrine neoplasia type 2 -- Gastrointestinal hormones and tumor syndromes -- Carcinoid syndrome -- Ectopic hormone syndromes -- Endocrine testing.
- Endoscopic surgery in infants and children 2008, Springer
- Enhancing early child development a handbook for clinicians 2013, SpringerRationale for developmental interventions in children -- Enhancing childhood development in a normal child -- Enhancing childhood development in children with autism -- Enhancing childhood development in children with cerebral palsy and other disorders -- Enhancing childhood development in children with behavioral and psychological disorders -- Nutrition for better development -- Summary of the "Care for Childhood Development" program (UNICEF/WHO).
- Epidemiology of human congenital malformations 2014, SpringerAuthored by Bengt Kallen, professor emeritus in embryology at Lund University in Sweden. The subject of this book is to describe the occurrence of congenital malformations among children born and what risk factors exist. Population data are presented for a number of malformations, ascertained with the use of data from the Swedish national health registers for the period 1998-2010 corresponding to some 1.3 million births, together with prospectively collected information on a group of exposures of possible interest.
- Epidemiology of pediatric sports injuries v.1-2, 2005., Kargerv.2, 2005 Kargerpt. 1. Individual sports -- pt. 2. Team sports.
- The necessity and challenges of clinical research involving children -- Regulatory framework for protecting child participants in research -- Defining, interpreting, and applying concepts of risk and benefit in clinical research involving children -- Understanding and agreeing to children's participation in clinical research -- Payments related to children's participation in clinical research -- Regulatory compliance, accreditation, and quality improvement -- Responsible research involving children.
- Evidence-based pediatric oncology. 3rd ed. 2013, WileyThis book is updated with evidence from the latest published reviews and is more clinically focused, with an emphasis on application of the trial findings. With increased coverage of trials in the area of supportive care for pediatric cancer patients, each chapter opens with a clinical question and concludes with a summary on the trial findings from an expert commentator.
- Evidence-based research in pediatric nutrition 2013, KargerImportance of systematic reviews and meta-analyses in pediatric nutrition / Szajewska, H. -- Strengths and weaknesses of observational nutritional trials / Patro-Go B., Szajewska, H. -- Scientific standards for human intervention trials evaluating health benefits of foods, and their application to infants, children, and adolescents / Woodside, J.V., Koletzko, B.V., Patterson, C.C., Welch, R.W. -- Early nutrition and health : short- and long-term outcomes / Gruszfeld, D., Socha, P. -- Probiotics, prebiotics, and dietary fiber in the management of functional gastrointestinal disorders / Horvath, A., Szajewska, H. -- Growing-up milk : a necessity or marketing? / Przyrembel, H, Agostoni, C. -- Cow's milk and goat's milk / Turck, T. -- The timing of introduction of complementary foods and later health / Agostoni, C., Przyrembel, H. -- Dietary interventions for primary allergy prevention -- what is the evidence? / von Berg, A. -- Vitamin and mineral supplementation of term infants : are they necessary? / Lubetzky, R., Mandel, D., Mimouni, F.B. -- Enteral nutrition / Kolaek, S. -- Celiac disease -- prevention strategies through early infant nutrition / Chmielewska, A., Szajewska, H., Shamir, R. -- Interventions for treating obesity in children / De Miguel-Etayo, P., Bueno, G., Garagorri, J.M., Moreno, L.A.
- Exceptional life journeys stories of childhood disorder. First edition [1st ed.] 2012, ScienceDirectMost students in training to become teachers, psychologists, physicians, and social workers as well as many practicing professionals in these disciplines do not get the opportunity to fully understand and appreciate the circumstances of children ,parents, and teachers who have had to cope and adapt to childhood disorder. Most professionals in the field of childhood disorders are well trained in assessment and treatment methods and are aware of the clinical, theoretical, and empirical foundations of the work they do. In their training, they get some experience in diagnosing the educational, psychological, social, and medical problems of children through their supervised clinical internships. In their training and in their professional practice they get to interview, discuss, consult and collaborate with children and their families regarding developmental issues and treatment plans, however, they rarely get an opportunity to fully realize and understand what it is like to have a disorder and what it is like to be a mother, or father, or teacher of children with disorders. This book provides an opportunity for students in training and professionals in the field to gain some awareness of the life journeys of some exceptional children, their families and their teachers. Focuses on those childhood disorders that are most common or what are sometimes referred to as high incidence disorders such as learning disabilities, autism, behavior disorder, depression, and anxiety Beyond, a clinical, empirical, and theoretical description of childhood disorders or a personal account relative to one particular disorder, this book provides rich narratives of experience from multiple perspectives with respect to numerous childhood disorders Provides readers with insight by sharing examples of personal contexts and situations, significant life issues, challenges and barriers, successes, and recommendations relative to particular circumstances.
- 5-minute pediatric consult. 4th ed. — Exceptional life journeys stories of childhood disorder. First edition [1st ed.] (115)
- Family-focused behavioral pediatrics — Nelson Textbook of pediatrics. 19th ed. (115)
- Neonatal and infant dermatology. Third edition. [3rd ed.] — Pediatric nursing caring for children and their families. 3rd ed. (115)
- Pediatric obesity etiology, pathogenesis, and treatment — Zitelli and Davis' Atlas of pediatric physical diagnosis. Sixth edition [6th ed.] (115)
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
Bookmark on other websites
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases