Books by Subject
View by page
- Abdomen and thoracic imaging an engineering & clinical perspective — Frozen section library (100)
- Frozen section library. Breast — Pathology of the pancreas-- a practical approach (100)
- Pathology of the placenta. 3rd ed. — Wheater's Basic pathology a text, atlas, and review of histopathology. 5th ed. (61)
Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
- Covers novel, state-of-the-art strategies in engineering and clinical analysis. Explores approaches for analyzing abdominal imaging, including lung, mediastinum, pleura, liver, kidney and gallbladder. Offers present and future applications as applied to the abdomen and thoracic imaging with the most world-renowned scientists in these fields.
- Advanced protocols in oxidative stress. I 2008Springer ProtocolsVol. 1. Novel designed probes for the characterization of oxidative stress in biological fluids, cells, and tissues / Jacob Vaya -- A rapid and selective mass spectrometric method for the identification of nitrated proteins / Angela Amoresano ... [et al.] -- An easy and reliable automated method to estimate oxidative stress in the clinical setting / Cristina Vassalle -- Correlative transmission microscopy : cytochemical localization and immunocytochemical localization in studies of oxidative and nitrosative stress / E. Ann Ellis -- Detection of specifically oxidized apolipoproteins in oxidized HDL / Xiao Suo Wang and Roland Stocker -- High performance liquid chromatography/electron spin resonance/mass spectrometry analyses of lipid-derived radicals / Hideo Iwahashi -- EPR spin-trapping and nano LC MS/MS techniques for DEPMPO/OOH and immunospin-trapping with anti-DMPO antibody in mitochondrial electron transfer system / Yeong-Renn Chen -- Determination of high mitochondrial membrane potential in spermatozoa loaded with the mitochondrial probe 5,5',6,6'-tetrachloro-1,1',3,3'-tetraethylbenzimidazolyl-carbocyanine iodide (JC-1) and for using fluorescence-activated flow cytometry / H. David Guthrie and Glenn R. Welch -- 2,2,6,6-tetramethylpiperidin-1-oxyl probes for evaluating oxidative stress on the cell membrane and mitochondria / Hidehiko Nakagawa and Naoki Miyata -- Zymographical techniques for detection of matrix metalloproteinases / Shinichi Iwai ... [et al.] -- The use of in vivo microdialysis techniques to detect extracellular ROS in resting and contracting skeletal muscle / Graeme L. Close and Malcolm J. Jackson -- Cell-free antibody capture method for analysis of detergent-resistant membrane rafts / Anil Bamezai and Colleen Kennedy. Determination of acrolein by high-voltage capillary electrophoresis from oxidized fatty acids / Rafael Medina-Navarro. Cupric ion reducing antioxidant capacity assay for food antioxidants : vitamins, polyphenolics, and flavonoids in food extracts / Reşat Apak ... [et al.] -- Redox property of ribonucleotide reductase small subunit M2 and p53R2 / Xiyong Liu, Lijun Xue, and Yun Yen -- Antioxidant QSAR modeling as exemplified on polyphenols / Bono Lučić, Dragan Amić, and Nenad Trinajstić -- Immunohistochemical staining of cyclooxygenases with monoclonal antibodies / Ghassan M. Saed -- Examining the endogenous antioxidant response through immunofluorescent analysis of Nrf2 in tissue / Kathryn A. Lindl and Kellly L. Jordan-Sciutto -- Determination of oxidized and reduced CoQ10 and CoQ9 in human plasma/serum using HPLC-ECD / Ian N. Acworth, Paul A. Ullucci, and Pul H. Gamache. Paraoxonases (PON1, PON2, PON3) analysis in vitro and in vivo in relation to cardiovascular diseases / Michael Aviram and Mira Rosenblat -- Preparation, characterization, and use of antioxidant-liposomes / Hongsong Yang ... [et al.] -- Antioxidant activity of biotransformed sex hormones facilitated by Bacillus stearothermophilus / Mohammad Afzal, Sameera Al-Awadi, and Sosamma Oommen -- Biolistic mediated production of transgenic oil palm / Ghulam Kadir Ahmad Parveez -- Preparation of a multi-antioxidant formulation / John A. Mulnix and Brook E. Stoddard -- A functional genomics approach to identify and characterize oxidation resistance genes / Michael R. Volkert, Jen-Yeu Wang, and Nathan A. Elliott -- Genome-wide overexpression screen for activators of antioxidant gene transcription / Hendrik Luesch and Yanxia Liu -- Method for conducting microarray study of oxidative stress induced gene expression / Sita Subbaram, Juan A. Melendez, and Sridar V. Chittur -- A systems approach demonstrating sphingolipid-dependent transcription in stress responses / Alan J. Wilder and L. Ashley Cowart -- Bioluminescence : imaging modality for in vitro and in vivo gene expression / Ruxana T. Sadikot and Timothy S. Blackwell -- Reactive oxygen species and upregulation of NADPH oxidases in mechanotransduction of embryonic stem cells / Heinrich Sauer ... [et al.] -- Pooling data when analyzing biomarkers subject to a limit of detection / Leslie Rosenthal and Enrique Schisterman.
- Advances in cancer stem cell biology 2012Springer1. Cancer Stem Cells: A Revisitation of the "Anaplasia" Concept / Roberto Scatena -- 2. Stem Cells and Cancer Stem Cells: New Insights / Toru Kondo -- 3. Molecular Biology of Cancer Stem Cells / Oswaldo Keith Okamoto -- 4. Biomarkers of Cancer Stem Cells / Jun Dou and Ning Gu -- 5. Cancer Stem Cells and the Microenvironment / Alfonso Colombatti, Carla Danussi, Eliana Pivetta, and Paola Spessotto -- 6. Leukemia Stem Cells / Steven W. Lane and David A. Williams -- 7. Cancer Stem Cells and the Central Nervous System / Serdar Korur, Maria Maddalena Lino, and Adrian Merlo -- 8. Cancer Stem Cells and Glioblastoma Multiforme: Pathophysiological and Clinical Aspects / Akio Soeda, Mark E. Shaffrey, and Deric M. Park -- 9. Breast Cancer Stem Cells / Nuria Rodríguez Salas, Enrique González González, and Carlos Gamallo Amat -- 10. Colon Cancer Stem Cells / Ugo Testa -- 11. Liver Tumor-Initiating Cells/Cancer Stem Cells: Past Studies, Current Status, and Future Perspectives / Kwan Ho Tang, Stephanie Ma, and Xin-Yuan Guan -- 12. Pancreatic Cancer Stem Cells / Erica N. Proctor and Diane M. Simeone -- 13. Cancer Stem Cells and Renal Carcinoma / Benedetta Bussolati and Giovanni Camussi -- 14. Cancer Stem Cells: Proteomic Approaches for New Potential Diagnostic and Prognostic Biomarkers / Patrizia Bottoni, Bruno Giardina, and Roberto Scatena -- 15. Cancer Stem Cells: An Innovative Therapeutic Approach / Roberto Scatena, Patrizia Bottoni, Alessandro Pontoglio, Salvatore Scarà, and Bruno Giardina -- 16. Cancer Stem Cell and ATP-Binding Cassette: Which Role in Chemoresistance? / Andrea Silvestrini, Elisabetta Meucci, Giuseppe Ettore Martorana, Bruno Giardina, and Alvaro Mordente -- 17. Stem Cells and Cancer Stem Cells: Biological and Clinical Interrelationships / Cinzia Bagalà and Carlo Barone -- 18. Immunomodulatory Functions of Cancer Stem Cells / Tobias Schatton, Jennifer Y. Lin, and Markus H. Frank.
- Abnormal proteins are known to be associated with various pathologies. Most notably, these include amyloidoses, monoclonal protein deposits associated with plasma cell dyscrasia/multiple myeloma, cryoglobulins and various related organized and non-organized deposits. Amyloid and Related Disorders presents an overview of the most recent developments in this area including clinical presentation, etiology, pathogenesis, and differential diagnosis. The rationale for various therapies, including transplantation, is discussed and tissue diagnosis (its pitfalls and strategies for avoiding them) and laboratory support are included. The involvement of all major organ systems including renal/genitourinary, cardiac, gastrointestinal, pulmonary, peripheral nerve/central nervous system, soft tissue and bone marrow pathology is covered. This approach provides a unifying concept of these pathologic processes, which have systemic involvement, and which have, hitherto, not been universally appreciated. Awareness of these diseases among a wider audience of pathologists may increase the rate of their diagnosis as well as that of earlier diagnosis. This volume will be invaluable to specialized and general pathologists as well as cytopathologists; other medical professionals may also benefit from this concise update on the systemic amyloidoses.
- Articular cartilage 2013CRCnetBASEArticular cartilage injuries, which are well known for their inability to heal, often degenerate inexplicably to disastrous impairment. Multitudes of treatments have been devised for this problem, but no satisfactory long-term solutions have been established. However, over the past two decades, the swift growth and development of new knowledge and technologies for cartilage formation, pathology and repair have been exciting and inspirational. Written by world-class experts, this book covers all the latest research and clinical applications related to cartilage tissue engineering. The text explores the role of nanotechnology and also provides extensive references at the end of each chapter. Articular cartilage injuries, which are well known for their inability to heal, often degenerate inexplicably to disastrous impairment. Multitudes of treatments have been devised for this problem, but no satisfactory long-term solutions have been established. However, over the past two decades, the swift growth and development of new knowledge and technologies for cartilage formation, pathology and repair have been exciting and inspirational. Written by world-class experts, this book covers all the latest research and clinical applications related to cartilage tissue engineering. The text explores the role of nanotechnology and also provides extensive references at the end of each chapter.
- Atlas of Anatomic Pathology with Imaging - A Correlative Diagnostic Companion is a valuable teaching tool for medical students and residents in several specialities such as pathology, radiology, internal medicine, surgery and neurologic sciences. Its need is all the more urgent given the severe shortcuts in the teaching of anatomic pathology following the decrease in the number of autopsies performed. Many of the images shown in the atlas would not be available without performing autopsies and therefore this atlas is an essential for all those in the field. Atlas of Anatomic Pathology with Imaging - A Correlative Diagnostic Companion is the first to combine gross anatomic pictures of diseases with diagnostic imaging. This unique collection of material consisting of over 2000 illustrations complied by experts from around the world is a valuable diagnostic resource for all medical professionals.
- Atlas of bone pathology 2013SpringerBone is a living tissue prone to develop a diverse array of inflammatory, metabolic, genetic, reactive, circulatory and neoplastic abnormalities. The Atlas of Bone Pathology describes and selectively illustrates the normal and pathologic conditions that afflict human bone, focusing heavily on tumor and tumor-like conditions of bone and their non-neoplastic mimics. Supplemented with radiographic and special study images, this extraordinary collection of high quality digital images aid continuing efforts to recognize, understand, and accurately interpret the light microscopic findings in bone
- Clear cell carcinoma (CCC) of the ovary with its unique clinical and biological features has attracted great attention, and calls for the publication of a specialized book on the subject. This is the first atlas that has narrowed its focus to CCC. Revealed here are the typical and variable histological features of CCC and related tumors. Hundreds of high-quality photographs help the reader to recognize the pathological features and clinical manifestations of CCC and to formulate diagnoses confidently and accurately. Data are based on the international central pathological review of the JGOG/GCIG3017 clinical trial in which experts around the world participated. Using a virtual slide system, interesting and significant features of CCC were discovered in the review of 652 cases. This book provides the newest information on the categorization and classification of CCC: growth patterns (papillary, tubocystic, solid, and adenofibromatous), cell types (classical hobnail and clear cell, eosinophilic, oxyphilic, and oncocytic), stromal changes (hyalinized, necrotic, hemorrhagic, lymphocytic infiltrative, luteinized, and psammomatous calcification), presence of endometriosis and atypical endometriosis, and borderline/atypical proliferative tumors. The Atlas of Clear Cell Carcinoma of the Ovary is an invaluable diagnostic resource for pathologists and gynecologic oncologists.
- Atlas of endocrine pathology 2014Springer"Atlas of Endocrine Pathology provides a comprehensive compendium of photomicrographs of common and uncommon entities in endocrine pathology. The volume includes histologic features of normal features, reactive conditions, hyperplasia, and tumors. The most helpful diagnostic features are illustrated to provide direction and clues to the diagnosis of endocrine tumors. Furthermore, photomicrographs highlight the most pertinent diagnostic features in problematic diagnoses in endocrine pathology. Authored by a nationally and internationally recognized pathologist, Atlas of Endocrine Pathology is an important learning tool for those becoming familiar with the diverse entities encountered in endocrine pathology and a valuable reference for practicing pathologists faced with challenging diagnoses in endocrine pathology."--Publisher's website.
- Atlas of essential dermatopathology 2013SpringerDermatopathology often presents considerable difficulty for the dermatologist in training when defining the subtle differences in the appearance of various conditions. This Atlas of Essential Dermatopathology is based on materials developed during dermatopathology teaching signout at the Massachusetts General Hospital and replicates the experience at the microscope. It contains numerous hand drawn sketches and tables plus stunning histological images to describe the appearances of common dermatologic conditions. Each chapter is brief and focuses on the main learning points. Tables of special stains, immunohistochemical markers and a glossary of terms are also included to broaden the reader's experience.The content is based on the most frequently encountered processes in the MGH Dermatopathology Unit; it is not intended to be comprehensive but rather an outline and atlas of the essentials in diagnostic dermatopathology. This book will therefore be an indispensable primer for trainees of all levels - students and residents alike - in dermatology and pathology.
- Atlas of forensic pathology 2012SpringerThis work is specifically designed for non-pathologists who normally interact with forensic pathologists. It presents images of interest mostly to medical examiners, forensic pathologists and pathologists and consists mostly of wounds, and trauma with some coverage of diseases.
- Atlas of head and neck pathology. 2nd ed. 2008ClinicalKeyEmbryology, anatomy, and histology -- Classification of non-neoplastic lesions of the nasal cavity and paranasal sinuses, and classification of neoplasms of the nasal cavity and paranasal sinuses -- Non-neoplastic lesions of the nasal cavity and paranasal sinuses -- Neioplasms of the nasal cavity and paranasal sinuses -- Embryology, anatomy, and histology -- Classification of non-neoplastic lesions of the oral cavity, nasopharynx, tonsils, and neck and calssification of neoplasams of the oral cavity, nasopharynx, tonsils and neck -- Non-neoplastic lesions -- Neoplasams of the oral cavity, nasopharynx, oropharynx and neck -- Intraoperative consultation of oral cavity and oropharyngeal mucosal lesions -- Embryology, anatomy, and histology -- Classification of laryngeal/hypopharyngeal non-neoplastic lesions and laryngeal/hypopharyngeal neoplasms -- Non-neoplastic lesions of the larynx -- Neoplasams of the larynx, hypopharynx and trachea -- Intraoperative consultation of laryngeal lesions -- Embryology, anatomy, and histology -- Classification of non-neoplastic salivary gland lesions and classification of neoplasms of salivary glands -- Non-neoplastic diseases of salivary glands -- Neoplasms of the salivary glands -- Immunohistochemistry of salivary gland and salivary gland tumors -- Intraoperative consultation of salivary glands (Figs 20.1-20.10) -- Embryology, anatomy, and histology -- Classification of non-neoplastic lesions/diseases of the ear and temporal bone and neoplasms of the ear and temporal bone -- Neoplasms of the ear and temporal bone -- Immunohistochemistry of middle ear neoplasms -- Embryology, anatomy and histology -- Classification of non-neoplastic lesions and neoplasms of the thyroid gland -- Non-neoplastic diseases of the thyroid gland -- Thyroid neoplasms -- Fine needle aspiration biopsy (FNAB)-related histologic changes to the thyroid gland and intraoperative consultation of thyroid gland lesions -- Embryology, anatomy, and histology -- Classification of non-neoplastic lesions and neoplasms of the parathyroid glands -- Non-neoplastic lesions of the parathyroid glands -- Neoplasms of the parathyroid glands -- Intraoperative consultation (frozen section) in parathyroid gland and parathyroid proliferative disease (PPD) hyperparathyroidism (Figs 35.1-35.7) -- Multiple endocrine neoplasia (MEN) syndromes -- Appendix A Upper aerodigestive tract (including salivary glands) -- Appendix B Thyroid gland -- Appendix C Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma -- Appendix D Hodgkin's lymphoma -- Appendix E Rhabdomyosarcomma -- Appendix F Soft tissue and bone -- Appendix G Primitive neuuroectodermal tumor (PNET)/Ewing Sarcoma (ES).
- Atlas of liver pathology 2014SpringerThe liver is a complex organ due to its unique microscopic structure, intricate metabolic functions and susceptibility to a wide variety of insults, manifesting in countless histological patterns. Atlas of Liver Pathology considers both changes seen in medical liver biopsies as well as lesional biopsies when the specimen has been taken from a mass. The book starts by reviewing normal structure and its variants and the optimal approaches for the preparation of histological sections for diagnostic liver pathology. The following chapters are dedicated to developmental, metabolic, infectious, drug related, autoimmune, biliary, vascular and neoplastic disorders. Two sections on liver pathology in pregnancy and transplantation conclude the work. Macroscopic illustrations are included where appropriate. All photographs are complemented by legends describing the picture and providing relevant related information. Authored by nationally and internationally recognized pathologists, Atlas of Liver Pathology is a valuable resource that serves as a quick reference guide for the diagnosis of usual and unusual diseases.
- Atlas of liver pathology. 3rd ed. 2011ClinicalKeyGeneral aspects of the liver and liver diseases -- Viral hepatitis -- Cholestasis and biliary tract disorders -- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic fatty liver diseases -- Drug- and toxic-induced liver cell injury -- Vascular disorders -- Infectious disorders, non-viral -- Developmental, familial, and metabolic disorders -- Diseases of hepatic iron and copper metabolism -- Neoplasms and related lesions -- Transplantation -- Miscellaneous conditions.
- Atlas of lymph node pathology 2013SpringerAtlas of Lymph Node Pathology reviews the histopathology of nodal diseases, illustrating the use of ancillary studies and includes concise discussions of pathogenesis, clinical settings and clinical significance of the pathologic diagnosis. The atlas features an overview of the benign reactive processes secondary to infectious, environmental or unknown insults, as well as relevant illustrations of virtually all primary and secondary neoplasms involving lymph nodes. The atlas also includes macroscopic images of some disorders, tables that help readers understand and comprehend diseases that look alike, and diagnostic algorithms for certain groups of diseases. Authored by highly experienced pathologists, Atlas of Lymph Node Pathology is a valuable resource that illustrates the vast majority of diseases practicing pathologists, clinicians and oncologists are likely to encounter in daily practice.
- Atlas of mediastinal pathology 2015SpringerThe mediastinum is a virtual compartment in the chest cavity that is the seat of several vital organs and structures that can be involved in a variety of pathologic processes, including congenital and developmental abnormalities, inflammatory conditions, and benign and malignant neoplasms. The Atlas of Mediastinal Pathology provides a pictorial survey of the major disease processes that can affect this anatomic compartment, including congenital and acquired cysts, benign hamartomatous processes, inflammatory processes involving the mediastinum, and benign and malignant neoplasms. The latter includes tumors of the thymus (thymoma and thymic carcinoma), neuroendocrine neoplasms, germ cell tumors, mesenchymal neoplasms, and hematolymphoid malignancies. The use of ancillary diagnostic methods is illustrated, where appropriate, providing assistance for pathologists in arriving at the correct diagnosis.
- Atlas of medical renal pathology 2013SpringerThe kidney is an organ with complex organogenesis susceptible to numerous misadventures in development and is exposed to a diverse array of insults of hematogenous and lower urinary tract origin. This Atlas of Medical Renal Pathology provides an overview of the development, macroscopic and microscopic features of the normal kidney. This is followed by a comprehensive survey of developmental and cystic kidney diseases, vascular diseases and tubulointerstitial diseases. An emphasis is placed on gross diagnostic findings with detailed histological correlates. In addition, the histological, immunofluorescent, immunohistochemical and ultrastructural features of the major glomerular diseases and renal transplantation pathology are presented. This compendium of non-neoplastic kidney diseases illustrates the vast majority diseases you are likely to encounter in surgical and autopsy pathology.
- Atlas of orthopedic pathology. 3rd ed. 2008ClinicalKeyMetabolic, Development, and Inflammatory Conditions of Bone -- Hyperparathyroidism -- Osteoporosis -- Renal Osteodystrophy -- Rickets -- Osteomalacia -- Oncogenic Osteomalacia (Phosphaturic Mesenchymal Tumor) -- Pagets Disease -- Camurati-Engelmann Disease (Progressive Diaphyseal Dysplasia) -- Hypertrophic Osteoarthropathy -- Melorheostosis -- Osteopetrosis -- Osteogenesis Imperfecta -- Fluorosis -- Gauchers Disease -- Osteoarthritis -- Neuropathic Joint (Charcot's Joint) -- Rheumatoid Arthritis -- OchronosisDisorder of Tyrosine and Phenylalanine Catabolism Secondary to Homogentisic Acid and Related Compounds -- Gout -- Chondrocalcinosis (Pseudogout, Calcium Pyrophosphate Dihydrate Crystal Deposition Disease) -- Amyloidosis -- Xanthomatosis -- Fibrous Dysplasia -- Osteofibrous Dysplasia -- Ankylosing Spondylitis -- Synovial Chondromatosis -- Pigmented Villonodular Synovitis -- Arthroplasty Effect -- Bone Tumors and Tumor-Like Conditions -- Bone-Forming Tumors -- Osteoid Osteoma -- Osteoblastoma -- Osteosarcoma (Conventional) -- Parosteal Osteosarcoma -- Periosteal Osteosarcoma -- High-Grade Surface Osteosarcoma -- Telangiectatic Osteosarcoma -- Low-Grade Central Osteosarcoma -- Small Cell Osteosarcoma -- Cartilage-Forming Tumors -- Osteochondroma -- Chondroma -- Chondroblastoma -- Chondromyxoid Fibroma -- Multiple Chondromas -- Periosteal Chondroma -- Chondrosarcoma -- Chondrosarcoma Arising in Osteochondroma -- Dedifferentiated Chondrosarcoma -- Mesenchymal Chondrosarcoma -- Clear Cell Chondrosarcoma -- Fibrous and Fibrohistiocytic Tumors -- Benign Fibrous Histiocytoma -- Fibrosarcoma -- Malignant Fibrous Histiocytoma -- Hematopoietic Tumors -- Malignant Lymphoma -- Myeloma -- Mastocytosis (Mast Cell Disease) -- Langerhans Cell Histiocytosis (Histiocytosis X) -- Vascular Tumors -- Hemangioma -- Hemangioendothelioma, Epithelioid Hemangioendothelioma, and Angiosarcoma -- Tumors of Unknown Origin -- Hemangiopericytoma -- Giant Cell Tumor -- Malignancy in Giant Cell Tumor (Malignant Giant Cell Tumor) -- Adamantinoma -- Chordoma -- Ewings Sarcoma -- Secondary Sarcomas -- Pagets Sarcoma -- Postradiation Sarcoma -- Tumor-Like Conditions -- Neurilemmoma -- Aneurysmal Bone Cyst -- Unicameral Bone Cyst (Simple Cyst) -- Giant Cell Reaction (Giant Cell Reparative Granuloma) -- Fibroma (Metaphyseal Fibrous Defect) -- Avulsive Cortical Irregularity (Fibrous Cortical Defect, Periosteal Desmoid) -- Mesenchymal Hamartoma of the Chest Wall -- Osteomyelitis -- Avascular Necrosis -- Massive Osteolysis (Gorhams Disease) -- Hemophilia -- Metastatic Carcinoma -- Sarcoidosis -- Bizarre Parosteal Osteochondromatous Proliferation (BPOP) -- Erdheim-Chester Disease.
- Atlas of practical Mohs histopathology 2013Springer1. How to Use This Atlas -- 2. Normal Skin -- 3. Basal Cell Carcinoma -- 4. Infiltrative Basal Cell Carcinoma -- 5. Differentiating Basal Cell Carcinoma from Normal and Benign Histologic Findings -- 6. Adnexal Tumors -- 7. Microcystic Adnexal Carcinoma -- 8. Differentiating Infiltrative Basal Cell Carcinoma from Other Tumors -- 9. Squamous Cell Carcinoma In Situ and Actinic Keratoses -- 10. Squamous Cell Carcinoma -- 11. Differentiating Squamous Cell Carcinoma from other entities -- 12. Dermatofibrosarcoma Protuberans -- 13. Other Non-melanocytic Skin Cancer -- 14. Pitfalls and Incidental Findings -- 15. Artifacts.
- Atlas of soft tissue tumor pathology 2013SpringerSoft tissue tumors are a large and heterogeneous group of tumors and pseudotumors with a spectrum of behavior from benign to frankly malignant. This Atlas of Soft Tissue Tumor Pathology provides an overview of reactive, pseudoneoplastic, benign and intermediate neoplasms, sarcomas and related conditions arising in subcutaneous and deep soft tissues. Emphasis is placed on microscopic appearances with correlation with gross diagnostic findings where relevant. In addition, the immunohistochemical and molecular genetic features of the major soft tissue tumor subtypes are presented.
- Atlas of toxicological pathology 2014Springer"This atlas contains more than 700 illustrations that the authors have collected over the years as well as references and information pertaining to recently developed drug classes, including biologics. It is a useful bench reference for practicing pathologists and may also be used as a reference text by other experts from related fields. The atlas is organised into different chapters based on systemic pathology. Each chapter has illustrations with legends, and the atlas includes some rare examples of unique lesions found during toxicity studies over many years."--Publisher's website.
- 1. "Open" Biopsy of the Testis and Testicular Sperm Extraction / Ivan Krhen, Andreja Vukasović, and Davor Ježek -- 2. MicroTESE and Embryo Development / Nikica Zaninović and Peter N. Schlegel -- 3. Histologic Procedures and Testicular Biopsy Freezing / Andreja Vukasović, Viviana Kozina, and Davor Ježek -- 4. Early Development of the Human Testis / Gordana Jurić-Lekić, Marta Himelreich, Marta Lekić, Đurđica Grbeša, and Floriana Bulić-Jakuš -- 5. The Fetal Human Testis / Marina Kos and Tanja Leniček -- 6. The Testis in Childhood Between Birth and Puberty / Ewa Rajpert-De Meyts, Kristian Almstrup, John E. Nielsen, and Niels E. Skakkebæk -- 7. Normal Morphology of the Human Testis and Epididymis / Davor Ježek, Viviana Kozina, and Andreja Vukasović -- 8. Damage of Spermatogenesis / Martin Bergmann and Davor Ježek -- 9. Inflammatory Conditions of the Testis / Hans-Christian Schuppe and Martin Bergmann -- 10. Cryptorchidism (Undescended Testis) / Ljerka Banek, Viviana Kozina, Iva Marolt, and Tomislav Banek -- 11. Klinefelter's Syndrome / Manuel Nistal and Pilar González-Peramato -- 12. Testicular Dysgenesis Syndrome and Carcinoma In Situ Testis / Ewa Rajpert-De Meyts, Kristian Almstrup, and Niels E. Skakkebæk -- 13. Tumors of the Testis and Epididymis / Ivan Damjanov and Gregor Mikuz -- 14. Congenital Testis Pathology / Manuel Nistal and Pilar González-Peramato -- 15. Vascular Testis Pathology / Manuel Nistal and Pilar González-Peramato -- 16. New Approaches to Diagnosing Male Infertility. Part I, Microarray Analysis of Testicular Biopsy Specimens from Men with Intact and Impaired Spermatogenesis / Andrej-Nikolai Spiess and Wolfgang Schulze -- 17. New Approaches to Diagnosing Male Infertility. Part II, The Role of Confocal Microscopy and Three-Dimensional Reconstruction in Visualization of Reinke's Crystals / Viviana Kozina and Davor Ježek -- 18. Disorders of Sex Development / Manuel Nistal and Pilar González-Peramato.
- Autopsy pathology-- a manual and atlas. 2nd ed. 2009ClinicalKeyThis how-to guide presents today's most complete coverage of performing, interpreting, and reporting post-mortem examinations. In addition to discussing the basics of the specialty, this lasting and useful reference features information on the performance of specialized autopsy procedures. The material is divided into two sections for ease of use: a manual covering specific autopsy procedures, biosafety, generation of autopsy reports, preparation of death certificates, and other essential subjects; and an atlas, organized by organ system, that captures the appearance of the complete spectrum of autopsy findings. The updated second edition features a new chapter on the popular topic of forensic pathology and the Expert Consult functionality allows you to access the entire contents of the book online. Focuses on hospital autopsy, while also providing a brief introduction to forensic autopsy. Examines autopsy photography and radiology, microscopic examination, supplemental laboratory studies, and other investigative approaches. Includes a chapter on performing special dissection procedures that are usually not covered during a typical residency. Presents over 590 full-color photographs depicting common gross and microscopic autopsy findings for every part of the body. Correlates pathologic findings with their clinical causes to enhance diagnostic accuracy.
- Managing the laboratory / Louise Dunk -- Safety and ergonomics in the laboratory / John D. Bancroft -- Light microscopy / John D. Bancroft and Alton D. Floyd -- Fixation of tissues / Anthony Rhodes -- The gross room/surgical cut-up / S. Kim Suvarna and Christopher Layton -- Tissue processing and microarray / Lena T. Spencer, John D. Bancroft, and Wanda Grace Jones -- Microtomy : paraffin and frozen / Lena T. Spencer and John D. Bancroft -- Plastic embedding for light microscopy / Neil M. Hand -- How histological stains work / Richard W. Horobin -- The hematoxylins and eosin / John D. Bancroft and Christopher Layton -- Connective and mesenchymal tissues with their stains / John D. Bancroft and Christopher Layton -- Carbohydrates / Christopher Layton and John D. Bancroft -- Pigments and minerals / Guy E. Orchard -- Amyloid / Janet A. Gilbertson and Toby Hunt -- Microorganisms / Jeanine H. Bartlett -- Bone / Diane L. Sterchi -- Techniques in neuropathology / J. Robin Highley and Nicky Sullivan -- Immunohistochemical techniques / Peter Jackson and David Blythe -- Immunofluorescent techniques / Graeme Wild -- Immunohistochemistry quality control / Tracy Sanderson and Gregory Zardin -- Molecular pathology / Diane L. Sterchi and Caroline Astbury -- Transmission electron microscopy / Anthony E. Woods and John W. Stirling -- Quantittive data from microscopic specimens / Alton D. Floyd -- Appendix I : classical histochemical methods / John D. Bancroft and Jennifer H. Stonard -- Appendix II : applications of immunohistochemistry / Laura J. Keeling and Sherin Jos Payyappilly -- Appendix III : measurement units / Jennifer H. Stonard -- Appendix IV : preparation of solutions / Danielle Maddocks -- Appendix V : buffer solutions / Paul Samuel -- Appendix VI : solubility of some common reagents and dyes / Stuart Inglut -- Appendix VII : mounting media and slide coatings / Ann Michelle Moon -- Appendix VIII : Molecular pathology reagents / Diane L. Sterchi.
- Basic concepts of molecular pathology 2009Springer
- Peripheral nerve analysis is a challenging task for pathologists, given the advent of new diagnoses and techniques of analysis and the impact of molecular genetics. This book presents a simple, logical method for constructing a differential diagnosis based on pathology and clinical presentation. It also provides advice on the selection of ancillary molecular, immunohistochemical and genetic techniques to establish a definitive diagnosis. Clear, authoritative guidance is offered on diagnosis of the full range of neuropathies with the aid of a wealth of high-quality color photomicrographs and electron micrographs. The pathologist will benefit greatly from the identification of a variety of artifacts and normal structures occasionally encountered in nerve biopsies that need to be distinguished from specific pathologic alterations. This user-friendly, practical text will be an invaluable aid in achieving the most specific diagnosis possible.
- Bitemark evidence a color atlas and text. 2nd ed. 2011CRCnetBASEHistory of bitemark evidence / D.R. Senn -- The role of health professionals in diagnosing patterned injuries from birth to death / J.D. McDowell -- Role of the medical examiner, coroner, and pathologist / J.H.Davis -- The team approach in bitemark investigation / V.F. Delattre -- The nature of bitemarks / M.L. Bernstein -- Reconstructive bitemark analysis / M.L. Bernstein -- Photography / G.S. Golden and F.D. Wright -- Practical tips in forensic bitemark photography / L. Gagnon -- Image processing and analysis for evidentiary purposes / W.R. Oliver -- Bitemarks as biological evidence / D. Sweet O.C. -- Bitemark impressions / R.B.J. Dorion -- Microscopy techniques / P.J. Bush -- Nonperishables and perishables / R.B.J. Dorion -- Tissue specimens / R.B.J. Dorion -- Histology and timing of injury / J.H.Davis -- Animal bites / R.R. Souviron -- Carnivore bitemarks / R.B.J. Dorion -- Human bitemarks / R.B.J. Dorion -- Patterns, lesions, and trauma-mimicking bitemarks / R.B.J. Dorion and R.R. Souviron -- Current context of bitemark analysis and research / M.A. Bush and P.J. Bush -- Research, emerging technologies, and recent developments / R.B.J. Dorion -- Experimental bitemarks and histology / M. Houde -- Genotypic comparison of bacterial DNA recovered from bitemarks and teeth / G.R. Tompkins -- The suspect / L.T. Johnson -- Methods of comparison / J.C. Dailey -- Bitemark report / M.L. Bernstein -- Precautionary measures / P.G. Stimson -- Science and the law / R.A. Mincer and H.H. Mincer -- Case law / R.E. Barsley -- Contracting with the expert witness / R.D. Metcalf -- Courtroom aids in bitemark evidence / J.P. Kenney -- Legal liability of an expert witness / H.M. Pitluck -- Wrongful convictions and erroneous bitemark opinions / I.A. Pretty and C.M. Bowers -- Reliability of bitemark analysis / I.A. Pretty -- Resolving issues in bitemark analysis / I.A. Pretty -- ABFO Bitemark analysis guidelines: outline -- ABFO guidelines for investigative and final bitemark reports -- Bitemark checklist: bitemark recipient -- Bitemark checklist: suspected biter -- Sample consent form -- Dental nomenclature.
- Bone and soft tissue pathology 2010ClinicalKeyBone and Soft Tissue Pathology: A Volume in the Diagnostic Pathology Series, by Andrew L. Folpe, MD and Carrie Y. Inwards, MD, packs today's most essential bone and soft tissue pathology know-how into a compact, high-yield format! The book's pragmatic, well-organized approach, complemented by abundant full-color, high-quality illustrations and at-a-glance tables, makes it easy to access the information you need to quickly and accurately identify pathology specimens. Best of all, Expert Consult functionality provides online access to the full text of the book, downloadable illustrations for your personal use, and more. The result is a practical, affordable reference for study and review as well as for everyday clinical practice. Includes access to the complete contents online, fully searchable, downloadable illustrations for your personal use, and more, allowing you to consult the text a quick, convenient manner. Reviews normal histology before examining abnormal findings, enabling you to conveniently compare their characteristics in one place at one time. Covers both neoplastic and non-neoplastic conditions of bone and soft tissue to equip you to meet a wide range of diagnostic challenges. Uses a consistent, user-friendly format to explore each entity's clinical features, pathologic features (gross and microscopic), ancillary studies, differential diagnoses, and prognostic and therapeutic considerations ... making it easy to locate specific information on a particular entity. Features abundant boxes and tables throughout that enhance the presentation and accessibility of the material. Offers nearly 1,000 full-color, high-quality illustrations that demonstrate the key features of a wide variety of pathologic lesions to facilitate greater accuracy in identification of specimens.
- Bone and soft tissue pathology. 1st ed. 2012ClinicalKey"Save time identifying and diagnosing pathology specimens with High Yield Bone and Soft Tissue Pathology, edited by Drs. Andrew Horvai and Thomas Link. Part of the High-Yield Pathology Series, this title is designed to help you review the key pathologic features of bone and soft-tissue malformations, recognize the classic look of each disease, and quickly confirm your diagnosis. Its templated format, excellent color photographs, concise bulleted text, and authoritative content will help you accurately identify more than 160 discrete disease entities. Online access to complete text, image bank, and more at www.expertconsult.com makes this an ideal reference for on-the-go pathologists."--Publisher's website.
- 1. New Insights in the Development of Human B Lymphocytes / Bianca Blom -- 2. The Aging Lymphocyte / Hector F. Valenzuela, Rita B. Effros -- 3. The Bone Marrow Microenvironment and Its Impact in Acute and Chronic B Cell Malignancies / Jan A. Burger -- 4. The Expanding Diagnostic Role of Flow Cytometry in Bone Marrow Studies of Patients with Lymphomas and Plasma Cell Disorders / Anna Porwit -- 5. The Application of Molecular Techniques on Bone Marrow Trephines / Falko Fend, Leticia Quintanilla-Martínez -- 6. Residual Disease Assessment and Its Role in Monitoring Lymphoid and Plasma Cell Neoplasms / Konnie M. Hebeda -- 7. Reporting of Bone Marrow Lymphoid Infiltrates / Yi-Hua Chen, LoAnn Peterson -- 8. Janus-Faced Lymphoid Infiltrates / Dimitra Anagnostou -- 9. Singularities in Pediatric Bone Marrow Lymphoid Processes / Sophia L. Yohe, Robert W. McKenna -- 10. Bone Marrow Involvement in Primary Mature B and T Cell Leukemias / Ayoma D. Attygalle -- 11. A Step Forward in the Diagnosis of B-Cell Lymphomas in the Bone Marrow / Ahmet Dogan, Mine Hekimgil -- 12. New Insights in Waldenström's Macroglobulinemia / Meletios A. Dimopoulos, Evangelos Terpos -- 13. Bone Marrow in Hodgkin Lymphoma and Mimickers / Stefano A. Pileri, Elena Sabattini -- 14. Misleading Features of Bone Marrow Involvement by Peripheral T-Cell Lymphomas / Philippe Gaulard, Sylvia Hoeller -- 15. Systemic Mastocytosis Associated with Lymphoproliferative Disorders (SM-AHNMD) / Hans-Peter Horny, Karl Sotlar, Peter Valent.
- Brain CT scans in clinical practice 2009Springer
- Introduction -- Historical Aspects of the Diagnosis of Death -- The Determination of Brain Death -- Legal Aspects of Declaration of Brain Death and Organ Donation.-Ethical Aspects of Declaration of Brain Death and Organ Donation -- Pathophysiology of Brain Death in Small Animal Models.-Pathophysiology of Brain Death and Effects of Hormonal Therapy in Large Animal Models.-The Efficacy of Thyroid Hormone Therapy in Brain-Dead Heart Donors: A Review of Thyroid Function in Health and Disease.-The Inflammatory Response to Brain Death -- The Influence of Brain Death and Intensive Care Management on Donor Organs: Assessment of Inflammatory Markers.-Brain-Death-Induced Inflammation: Possible Role of the Cholinergic Anti-Inflammatory Pathway -- Innate Immunity and Injury During Brain Death: Opportunities for Intervention -- Selection of the Brain-Dead Potential Organ Donor -- Infectious Disease Aspects of the Brain-Dead Potential Organ Donor -- Malignancy in the Brain-Dead Organ Donor -- Early Clinical Experience of Hormonal Therapy in the Brain-Dead Potential Organ Donor -- Assessment, Monitoring, and Management of the Brain-Dead Potential Organ Donor -- Assessment, Monitoring and Management of Brain-Dead Potential Organ Donors in Europe -- Current Management of Brain Dead Donors in Australia -- Management of the Brain-Dead Organ Donor--Perspectives of the Transplant Coordinator.-Surgical Aspects of Thoracic and Abdominal Organ Procurement from Brain-Dead Donors -- Impact of Brain Death on Storage of the Heart -- Impact of Brain Death on Abdominal Organs and Allograft Preservation Strategies -- Functional Repair of Brain Death-Induced Injury.-Functional Repair of Brain-Death-Injured Donor Lungs -- Thyroid Hormone Therapy to the Recipient of a Heart from a Brain-Dead Donor -- Current and Potential Future Trends in the Management of the Brain-Dead Organ Donor.-Maximizing Utilization of the Potential Deceased Donor--The Challenge Continues.Introduction -- Historical Aspects of the Diagnosis of Death -- The Determination of Brain Death -- Legal Aspects of Declaration of Brain Death and Organ Donation.-Ethical Aspects of Declaration of Brain Death and Organ Donation -- Pathophysiology of Brain Death in Small Animal Models.-Pathophysiology of Brain Death and Effects of Hormonal Therapy in Large Animal Models.-The Efficacy of Thyroid Hormone Therapy in Brain-Dead Heart Donors: A Review of Thyroid Function in Health and Disease.-The Inflammatory Response to Brain Death -- The Influence of Brain Death and Intensive Care Management on Donor Organs: Assessment of Inflammatory Markers.-Brain-Death-Induced Inflammation: Possible Role of the Cholinergic Anti-Inflammatory Pathway -- Innate Immunity and Injury During Brain Death: Opportunities for Intervention -- Selection of the Brain-Dead Potential Organ Donor -- Infectious Disease Aspects of the Brain-Dead Potential Organ Donor -- Malignancy in the Brain-Dead Organ Donor -- Early Clinical Experience of Hormonal Therapy in the Brain-Dead Potential Organ Donor -- Assessment, Monitoring, and Management of the Brain-Dead Potential Organ Donor -- Assessment, Monitoring and Management of Brain-Dead Potential Organ Donors in Europe -- Current Management of Brain Dead Donors in Australia -- Management of the Brain-Dead Organ Donor--Perspectives of the Transplant Coordinator.-Surgical Aspects of Thoracic and Abdominal Organ Procurement from Brain-Dead Donors -- Impact of Brain Death on Storage of the Heart -- Impact of Brain Death on Abdominal Organs and Allograft Preservation Strategies -- Functional Repair of Brain Death-Induced Injury.-Functional Repair of Brain-Death-Injured Donor Lungs -- Thyroid Hormone Therapy to the Recipient of a Heart from a Brain-Dead Donor -- Current and Potential Future Trends in the Management of the Brain-Dead Organ Donor.-Maximizing Utilization of the Potential Deceased Donor--The Challenge Continues.
- Breast core biopsy a pathologic-radiologic correlative approach 2008ClinicalKeyIntroduction and general considerations -- Well-circumscribed solid lesions -- Well-circumscribed solid lesions with heterogeneous radiodensity -- Largely cystic lesions -- Partially solid, partially cystic lesions -- Well-circumscribed solid malignancies -- Irregular densities -- Spiculated architectural distortion -- Architectural distortion -- Introduction to stereotactic core biopsies for calcifications -- Calcium oxalate crystals -- Linear high-density calcifications -- Clustered low-density granular calcifications -- Linear and branching calcifications -- Miscellaenous unusual and rare lesions -- Complications and follow-up: after the core biopsy -- Postscript.
- Breast cytopathology 2007Springer
- Breast pathology 2012ClinicalKeyNormal Breast and Developmental Disorders -- Reactive and Inflammatory Conditions of the Breast -- Infections of the Breast -- Epidemiology of Breast Cancer -- Patient Safety in Breast Pathology -- Gross Examination of Breast Specimens -- Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy -- Breast Imaging Modalities for Pathologists -- Predictive and Prognostic Marker Testing in Breast Pathology: Immunophenotypic Subclasses of Disease -- Molecular-based Testing in Breast Disease for Therapeutic Decisions -- Diagnostic Immunohistology of the Breast -- Fibroepithelial Lesions -- Papilloma and Papillary Lesions -- Adenosis and Microglandular Adenosis -- Nipple Adenoma (Florid Papillomatosis of the Nipple) -- Radial Scar -- Myoepithelial Lesions of the Breast -- Fibrocystic Change and Usual Epithelial Hyperplasia of Ductal Type -- Columnar Cell Alterations, Flat Epithelial Atypia, and Atypical Ductal Epithelial Hyperplasia -- Molecular Classification of Breast Carcinoma -- Lobular Neoplasia and Invasive Lobular Carcinoma -- Ductal Carcinoma In Situ -- Invasive Ductal Carcinoma of No Special Type and Histologic Grade -- Triple-Negative and Basal-like Carcinoma -- Metaplastic Breast Carcinoma -- Apocrine Carcinoma of the Breast -- Paget's Disease of the Breast -- Pathology of Neoadjuvant Therapeutic Response of Breast Carcinoma -- Special Types of Breast Carcinoma: Tubular Carcinoma, Mucinous Carcinoma, Cribriform Carcinoma, Invasive Micropapillary Carcinoma, and Medullary Carcinoma -- Rare Breast Carcinomas: Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma, Neuroendocrine Carcinoma, Secretory Carcinoma, Carcinoma with Osteoclast-like Giant Cells, Lipid-Rich Carcinoma, and Glycogen-Rich Clear Cell Carcinoma -- Mesenchymal Neoplasms of the Breast -- Neoplasia of the Male Breast -- Breast Tumors in Children and Adolescents -- Tumors of the Mammary Skin -- Hematopoietic Tumors of the Breast -- Metastatic Tumors in the Breast.
- Breast pathology. 2nd ed. 2011ClinicalKeyBreast Pathology, a title in the Foundations in Diagnostic Pathology series, provides all of the most essential information on the pathological entities encountered in practice in an easy-to-use format. Drs. Frances P. O'Malley, Sarah E. Pinder, and Anna Marie Mulligan provide unparalleled expert guidance for the study and diagnosis of a broad spectrum of breast lesions as well as the broad range of appearances of normal breast tissue. The consistent, practical format with a wealth of illustrations, at-a-glance boxes, and tables, along with online access at www.expertconsult.com, make this title ideal for quick reference for both novices and experienced breast pathologists Reference key information quickly and easily with a consistent, user-friendly format and at-a-glance boxes and tables throughout the text. Examine all aspects of a pathologic entity, including clinical features, pathologic features (gross and microscopic), ancillary studies, differential diagnosis, and prognostic and therapeutic considerations. Catch all the nuances of how pathological lesions present through over 400 full-color illustrations. Practice with confidence and overcome your toughest challenges with advice from the top minds in breast pathology.
- Cardiac pathology a guide to current practice 2013SpringerGeneral Considerations and Anatomy -- Cardiac Electrophysiology -- Cardiac Imaging -- Current Therapeutics for Cardiac Disease -- The Heart at Autopsy -- Embryology of the Heart -- Ischemic Heart Disease -- Myocarditis/Inflammatory Cardiomyopathy -- Valvular Heart Disease -- Transplant Pathology -- Cardiomyopathies -- Cardiac Tumors -- Congenital Heart Disease -- Sudden Cardiac Death.
- Lipid rafts, caveolae, and GPI linked proteins / Valerie L. Reeves, Candice M. Thomas, and Eric J. Smart -- Caveolae and the regulation of endocytosis / Anna L. Kiss -- Caveolin : role in cell signaling / Cecile Boscher and Ivan Robert Nabi -- Regulation of ENOS in caveolae / Chieko Mineo and Philip W. Shaul -- Recent developments in the interactions between caveolin and pathogens / Fabiana S. Machado ... [et al.] -- Caveolin and breast cancer : a new clinical perspective / Isabelle Mercier and Michael P. Lisanti -- Caveolin and prostate cancer progression / Michael R. Freeman, Wei Yang, and Dolores Di Vizio -- Caveolins and caveolae, roles in insulin signalling, and diabetes / Peter Strolfors -- Atherosclerosis, caveolae, and caveolin / Stephanos Pavlides ... [et al.] -- Caveolins and heart diseases / Mathivadhani Panneerselvam, Hemal H. Patel, and David M. Roth -- Caveolins and lung function / Nikolaos A. Maniatis ... [et al.].
- Cell and tissue based molecular pathology. 1st ed. 2009ClinicalKeyThis volume in the Foundations in Diagnostic Pathology Series packs today's most essential cell and tissue base molecular pathology into a compact, high-yield format! It focuses on the state of the art in practical validated molecular diagnostics as applied across the fields of surgical pathology and cytology. With an emphasis on current, clinically valid, and diagnostically important applications today and in the near future, you can be assured you're getting the most up-to-date, authoritative coverage available. Its pragmatic, well-organized approach, nearly 250 full-color illustrations, and at-a-glance boxes and tables make the information you need easy to access. Practical and affordable, this resource is ideal for study and review as well as everyday clinical practice! Offers detailed discussions on today's technologies to help you select the best test for case evaluation. Presents recognized molecular pathologists who convey the most current information, keeping you on the cusp of your field. Features nearly 250 full-color illustrations that present important pathologic features, enabling you to form a differential diagnosis and compare your findings with actual cases. Uses a consistent, user-friendly format, including at-a-glance boxes and tables for easy reference.
- Cell biology a laboratory handbook. 3rd ed. 2006ScienceDirect
- This book provides a comprehensive account of the cellular pathology of glandular lesions and uncommon neoplasms of the cervix and places these in a contemporary clinical context. The book features comprehensive, detailed descriptions and a consistent approach to each tumor or tumor-like condition with clear color illustrations. Cytological/histological correlation is emphasised and diagnostic pitfalls are highlighted. Cellular Pathology of Glandular Lesions and Uncommon Neoplasms of the Cervix is aimed at both trainee and consultant pathologists.
- Central nervous system intraoperative cytopathology 2014SpringerThe Essentials in Cytopathology book series fulfills the need for an easy-to-use and authoritative synopsis of site specific topics in cytopathology. These guide books fit into the lab coat pocket and are ideal for portability and quick reference. Each volume is heavily illustrated with a full color art program, while the text follows a user-friendly outline format. Central Nervous System Intraoperative Cytopathology covers the full spectrum of benign and malignant conditions of the CNS with emphasis on common disorders. The volume is heavily illustrated and contains useful algorithms that guide the reader through the differential diagnosis of common and uncommon entities encountered in the field of intraoperative neuro-cytopathology. Central Nervous System Intraoperative Cytopathology is a valuable quick reference for pathologists, cytopathologists, and fellows and trainees dealing with this exigent field.
- Cleveland Clinic manual of dynamic endocrine testing 2015SpringerDeveloped via a peer review process that included 25 experienced endocrinologists and utilizing the best current evidence, The Cleveland Clinic has created a practical set of protocols for over 25 commonly used dynamic endocrine tests. The cornerstone of clinical endocrinology, these evidence-based protocols play an important role in clinical decision-making and are important element of billing and compliance with high quality standards. Included here are various tests for pituitary and adrenal disorders, thyroid disorders, and glucose metabolism and pancreatic disorders, presented systematically with indications, preparation, materials needed, precautions, procedure, interpretation, and caveats. Filling the gap left by a lack of national guidelines, The Cleveland Clinic Manual of Dynamic Endocrine Testing is an up-to-date practical guide for endocrinologists, nurses, and their staff, inside or outside of the US, who need to perform and interpret dynamic endocrine testing in their everyday practice, as well as medical students, residents and fellows who have interest in endocrinology.
- The Normal Biopsy: Mucosa And Submucosa -- The Endoscopic Biopsy -- Elementary Lesions Of Inflammation -- Dysplasia -- Infections -- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases -- Treatment Related Diseases -- Ischemic Colitis -- Diverticular Disease-Associated Colitis -- Eosinophilic Colitis -- Microscopic Colitis -- Drug-Induced Colitis -- Solitary Rectal Ulcer Syndrome -- The Role Of Biopsies In The Treatment Of Colitis: Scoring Of Disease Activity.
- "This book is the first pictorial histopathology atlas with annotations on tuberculosis. The book's drug discovery and animal model perspective makes it applicative rather than academic. Each section will cover the manifestations of induced or acquired pulmonary tuberculosis in one of six animal species (models) - human, non-human primate, rabbit, guinea pig, rat, and mouse. It provides low, medium, and high power microscopy views of lung tissue in color."--Excerpt from publisher notes.
- Color atlas of fetal and neonatal histology 2011SpringerThis book serves as a comprehensive atlas of the developmental histology of the major organs from 15 weeks gestation to the neonatal period. Each section includes text on basic embryologic processes that influence the development of each organ and highlight major histologic features that correspond with certain developmental periods. In addition, there are many color photomicrographs at key developmental stages to assist the reader in identifying appropriate histologic changes at each developmental stage. This book will be of great value to students of embryology, pathology residents and fellows, and attending pathologists who perform fetal autopsies.
- Color atlas of pathophysiology. 2nd ed. 2010Thieme BookFundamentals -- Temperature, energy -- Blood -- Respiration, acid-base balance -- Kidney, salt and water balance -- Stomach, intestines, liver -- Heart and circulation -- Metabolism -- Hormones -- Neuromuscular and sensory systems.
- Complement therapeutics 2013Springer
- Concise pathology 1998 (3rd ed.).AccessMedicine
- Core pathology. 3rd ed. 2009ClinicalKey
- CPT data files 2011STAT!Ref, Limited to 7 simultaneous users
- CPT Online 2011STAT!Ref, Limited to 7 simultaneous users
- Crib death-- Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) sudden infant and perinatal unexplained death : the pathologist's viewpoint. Second edition. [2nd ed.] 2014SpringerCrib death or sudden infant death syndrome is surely among the worst emotional tragedies that any parent can experience. It is the most frequent death-causing syndrome during the first year of life, striking one infant in every 700-1,000. Crib death is a great enigma, and one of the main open issues in the social-medical and scientific setting of contemporary medicine. Despite a wide spectrum of theories and years of research, its etiology remains unclear. The scarcity of knowledge in the field of crib death and its pathology has led to continued and growing concern, prompting an expanding search for explanation that will permit either prediction or rapid diagnosis. This book describes systematic studies of the cardiovascular system and autonomic nervous system carried out in a large number of infants, newborns, and fetuses who have died suddenly and unexpectedly, as well as in age-matched control cases. The cardiovascular and neuropathological findings are presented in detail, and the relationship between crib death and unexplained perinatal death is discussed. This monograph will aid pathologists, forensic pathologists, pediatricians, obstetricians, and neonatologists in recognizing all potential morphological substrata. It puts forward a well-researched standardized postmortem protocol to be applied in all cases of sudden unexpected infant and perinatal death.
- Cryopreservation and freeze-drying protocols. 2nd ed. 2007Springer Protocols
- Current laboratory methods in neuroscience research 2014SpringerCurrent Laboratory Methods in Neuroscience Research is a research manual for both students and seasoned researchers. It focuses on commonly-used techniques employed in neuroscience research, presented in a simple, step-by-step manner for laboratory use. The manual also offers a blueprint for bench-to-bedside research designed to facilitate multidisciplinary neuroscience pursuits. Sections include coverage of neurohistological techniques, in vitro preparations, leukocyte isolation and application in neuroscience, standard laboratory nucleic acid and protein detections, nanomedicine, bioimaging, neuroelectrophysiology, immunohistochemistry and autoradiography, analysis of gene expression, and animal models.
- Volume/weight measurement -- Concentration measurement -- Reagent preparation -- Cell culture techniques -- Sample preparation -- Chromatography -- Electrophoresis -- Blotting -- Microscopy -- Enzymatic reactions.
- Current protocols in human genetics 1994-Wileych. 1. Genetic Mapping -- ch. 2. Genotyping -- ch. 3. Somatic Cell Hybrids -- ch. 4. Cytogenetics -- ch. 5. Strategies for Large-Insert Cloning and Analysis -- ch. 6. Identifying Candidate Genes in Genomic DNA -- ch. 7. Searching Candidate Genes for Mutations -- ch. 8. Clinical Cytogenetics -- ch. 9. Clinical Molecular Genetics -- ch. 10. Cancer Genetics -- ch. 11. Transcriptional Profiling -- ch. 12. Vectors for Gene Therapy -- ch. 13. Delivery Systems for Gene Therapy -- ch. 14. Forensic Genetics -- ch. 15. Model Systems for the Analysis of Human Disease -- ch. 16. Automation and Robotics in Genetic Analysis -- ch. 17. Biochemical Genetics --ch. 18. High-Throughput Sequencing -- ch. 19. Mitochondrial Genetics -- ch. 20. Epigenetics -- Appendix 1. Abbreviations and Useful Data -- Appendix 2. Laboratory Guidelines, Equipment, and Stock Solutions -- Appendix 3. Commonly Used Techniques -- Appendix 4. Chromosome Karyotyping and Idiograms -- Appendix 5. Genetic Linkage Reference Maps: Access to Internet-Based Resources -- Appendix 6. Human-Mouse Comparative Maps -- Appendix. Suppliers.
- Cutaneous hematopathology approach to the diagnosis of atypical lymphoid-hematopoietic infiltrates in skin 2014SpringerThis volume explores the nexus of manifestations of hematopathology and dermatopathology and provides a novel compartmental(epidermal, dermal, subcutaneous) -based framework to approach a diagnosis that considers both pseudolymphomatous and lymphomatous patterns. Through photographs, tables, and text, the book illustrates the range of non-neoplastic hematologic disorders and their neoplastic counterparts in skin: reactive patterns of infectious etiology and immune responses that simulate cutaneous lymphomas. The epidemiology, pathobiology, clinical and immuno-histopathologic manifestations in skin as well as the approach to diagnosis, selection and algorithmic interpretation of tests, and prognosis are also described. Written by experts in the field, Cutaneous Hematopathology: Approach to the Diagnosis of Atypical Lymphoid-Hematopoietic Infiltrates in Skin is a comprehensive resource that is of great value to surgical pathologists, hematopathologists, dermatopathologists, residents and fellows, community dermatologists, oncologists and infectious disease practitioners.
- Cytopathology an introduction 2013SpringerCytopathology: An Introduction is a succinct book which guides the trainee through the hurdles of early cytology practice and can also be used throughout the career as an aide memoire by the more experienced. With numerous illustrations to enthuse the reader and make cytological practice a more enjoyable and educational experience, Cytopathology: An Introduction also highlights points of diagnostic difficulty, particularly with regard to the differentiation of neoplastic from non-neoplastic disease. Each chapter of Cytopathology: An Introduction starts by detailing the main methods available appropriate to the clinical situation, followed by descriptions of the relevant cytological appearances and diagnostic pitfalls. Topics covered include the brain and cerebrospinal fluid; pulmonary cytology; serous fluids; thyroid gland; lymph nodes; salivary glands; gastrointestinal and hepatopancreaticobiliary tracts; urinary tract and retroperitoneal cytology; female genital tract; breast; soft tissue, bones and joints; and skin. Cytopathology: An Introduction will be an invaluable reference guide to histo- and cytopathology trainees, as well as those preparing for post-graduate examinations and consultants who want a refresher. A quick reference, concise but precise, Cytopathology: An Introduction provides practical and helpful information on the salient cytological features of any condition that may present in routine cytopathology.
- Cytopathology of infectious diseases 2012SpringerIntroduction -- Specimen Collection and Handling -- Host Reactions to Infection -- Microbiology -- Gynecological Infections -- Pulmonary Infections -- Gastrointestinal and Hepatobiliary Infections -- Urinary Tract Infections -- Central Nervous System Infections -- Hematologic Infections -- Breast, Skin, and Musculoskeletal Infections -- Head and Neck Infections -- Immunosuppressed Host -- Ancillary Investigations -- Mimics and Contaminants.
- Cytopathology of soft tissue and bone lesions 2011Springer& Quot;Soft Tissue Cytopathology" by Anil V. Parwani, MD, PhD and Walid E. Khalbuss, MD, PhD, will fulfill the need for an easy-to-use and authoritative synopsis of soft tissue cytopathology. This volume, part of "The Essentials in Cytopathology book series," fits into the lab coat pocket and is ideal for portability and quick reference. Each volume in the series is heavily illustrated with a full color art program, while the text follows a user-friendly outline format. Anil V. Parwani, MD, PhD, is Associate Professor of Pathology at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center - S.
- Cytopreparation principles and practice 2013SpringerCytopreparation: Principles & Practice by Gary W. Gill fills a long-standing need for an easy-to-use and authoritative manual on the fundamentals of cytopreparation up-to-and- including microscopy, screening, and data analysis. The text describes in phenomenological terms the most common materials and methods of specimen collection through mounting for gyn, non-gyn, and FNA specimens, as well as the underlying mechanistic bases. The author provides his expertise and information that will empower and enable readers to review and improve their laboratories' cytopreparatory techniques as they apply to the vast majority of specimens. This unique volume provides facts that are not readily available anywhere. Cytopreparation: Principles & Practice is intended for everyone associated with, and involved in, making cytologic preparations that are useful for their intended purpose. It will serve as a valuable reference tool for educators in cytology and histology, cytotechnology and histotechnology students, cytotechnologists, cytopreparatory technicians, cytopathologists, anatomical/clinical pathologists, pathology residents and cytopathology fellows.
- Dating neurological injury a forensic guide for radiologists, other expert medical witnesses, and attorneys 2011SpringerThe structure of the normal brain and its imaging appearance -- The general appearance of edema and hemorrhage on CT, MR and US (including a general introduction to CT, MR and US scanning) -- The basics of contrast and its role in dating -- How the imaging appearance of edema and hemorrhage change over time on CT, MR, and US: dynamic (acute) dating -- Patterns of parenchymal injury: pattern (chronic) dating -- Principles of dynamic dating in the medical legal setting -- Principles of pattern dating in the medical legal setting -- Therefore, what can be said based on the images, and what can't be said based on the images -- The root causes of uncertainty in dating neurologic events based on imaging findings.
- Dermatopathology 2011ClinicalKeyPart of the High-Yield Pathology Series, this title is designed to help you review the key pathologic features of skin disease, recognize the classic look of each disease, and quickly confirm your diagnosis. Its templated format, excellent color photographs, concise bulleted text, and authoritative content, will help you accurately identify more than 400 skin conditions. Find information quickly and easily with a templated, easy-to-reference format. Confirm your diagnoses with excellent color photographs that demonstrate the classic appearance of each disease. Find the answers you need fast with concise bulleted text. Depend on authoritative information from leading experts in the field.
- Dermatopathology clinicopathological correlations 2014SpringerWith significant progress as new techniques to evaluate the pathology of the skin, this book satisfies the need to provide practical clinical information and concise criteria for pathologic diagnosis for pathologists and dermatologists looking for an up-to-date resource. This superb visual reference provides detailed instruction of the experience of both diagnostic pathology and clinical dermatology. Dermatopathology: Clinicopathological Correlations is a comprehensive but concise visual reference that contains specific features on the various clinical findings and histologic findings of skin diseases. It emphasizes criteria for diagnosis to help the trainee pathologist or dermatologist decipher the most important features and make clinical decisions quickly and effectively.
- Dermatopathology. Second edition. [2nd ed.] 2014ClinicalKeyNew to this edition: Recognize the presentation of most major dermatopathology lesions through abundant high-resolution histopathology examples, with labels and pointers highlighting key aspects of each slide and providing additional clarity. Including 26 lectures by Dr. Elston, clinical and dermatopathology image atlases, and a virtual slide library. Easily focus on the most important "takeaways" and "must-knows" for each topic through the use of color key points, differential diagnosis, and pearls.
- Small Sample Lung Biopsy Techniques in the Diagnosis of Airway and Parenchymal Lung Diseases -- Principles of Imagining Lung Disease -- Types of Biopsies -- Air Space Occupying Diseases -- Interstitial Lung Diseases in Small Lung Biopsies -- Diagnosis of Granulomatous Disease and Vasculitis in Small Lung Biopsies -- Benign Tumors of the Lung in Small Lung Biopsies -- Malignant Tumors of the Lung in Small Lung Biopsies.
- Diagnostic Cytopathology Board Review and Self-Assessment provides a comprehensive systems-based review of non-gynecological cytology including cytomorphology, pitfalls and ancillary studies, presented in a high-yield format with board-type multiple choice questions and detailed answers. It provides an excellent review, resource, and self-assessment for pathologists, cytopathologists, and cytotechnologists, as well as trainees (pathology residents, cytopathology fellows, and cytotechology students) who are preparing for board examinations or in-service examinations, in addition to those who are looking to fine-tune their cytology diagnostic skills. The volume is organized in a systems-based format including chapters covering lung, lymph nodes, pancreas, liver, gastrointestinal tract, thyroid, salivary gland, central nervous system, soft tissue and bone, kidney, adrenal, retroperitoneal, and exfoliative cytology of urine, serous fluids, and CSF. This book is enriched with high yield review, board exam-type questions, and high quality full-color images to maximize studying and review of cytopathology.
- Diagnostic cytopathology essentials 2013ClinicalKeyIntroduction -- Female genital tract -- Respiratory -- Serous effusions -- Urine cytology -- Thyroid gland -- Haemopoietic -- Breast -- Salivary gland -- Liver, biliary tree and pancreas -- Childhood tumours -- Miscellaneous -- Techniques -- Self-assessment questions.
- Diagnostic histopathology of tumors. Fourth edition. [4th ed.] 2013ClinicalKeyVol. I: Introduction -- Tumors of the heart and pericardium -- Vascular tumors -- Tumors of the upper respiratory tract -- pt. A: Nasal cavity, paranasal sinuses, and nasopharynx -- pt. B: Larynx, hypopharynx, and trachea -- Tumors of the lung and pleura -- Tumors of the oral cavity -- Tumors of the salivary glands -- Tumors of the esophagus and stomach -- Tumors of the small and large intestines, including anal canal -- Tumors of the liver, biliary tree, and gallbladder -- Tumors of the exocrine pancreas -- Tumors of the urinary tract -- pt. A: Tumors of the kidney -- pt. B: Tumors of the renal pelvis and ureter -- pt. C: Tumors of the urinary bladder and urethra -- Tumors of the female genital tract -- pt. A: Ovary, fallopian tube, and broad and round ligaments -- pt. B: Endometrial tumors -- pt. C: Tumors of the placenta and gestational trophoblastic disease -- pt. D: Myometrium -- pt. E: Cervix -- pt. F: Vagina -- pt. G: Vulva -- Tumors and tumor-like conditions of the male genital tract -- pt. A: Prostate and seminal vesicles -- pt. B: Testicular neoplasms -- pt. C: Penis and scrotum -- Tumors of the peritoneum -- Vol. II: Tumors of the breast -- Tumors of the pituitary gland -- Tumors of the thyroid and parathyroid glands -- pt. A: The thyroid gland -- pt. B: The parathyroid gland -- Tumors of the adrenal gland -- Tumors of the endocrine pancreas -- Tumors of the lymphoreticular system, including spleen and thymus -- pt. A: The lymph node -- pt. B: The spleen -- pt. C: The thymus -- Tumors of the hematopoietic system -- Tumors of the skin -- Tumors of soft tissue -- Tumors of the osteoarticular system -- Tumors of the central nervous system -- Peripheral neuroectodermal tumors -- Tumors of the autonomic nervous system, including paraganglia -- Tumors of the eye and ocular adnexae -- Tumors of the ear -- Molecular genetic techniques in diagnosis and prognosis
- Cystic Fibrosis -- Alport Syndrome -- Alpha Thalassemia -- Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease -- Hearing Loss -- Polycystic Kidney Disease -- Fragile X Syndrome -- Malignant Hyperthermia -- Rh Incompatibility -- Pharmacogenetics -- B-Cell Lymphoma -- T-Cell Lymphoma -- Posttransplant Lymphoproliferative Disorder -- HIV-Associated Hodgkin Lymphoma -- Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia -- Myeloproliferative Neoplasms -- Acute Myeloid Leukemia: FLT3/NPM1 -- Acute Myeloid Leukemia: CEBPA -- Bone Marrow Engraftment Analysis -- Mixed Phenotype Acute Leukemia -- Breast Cancer -- Lung Adenocarcinoma -- Melanoma -- Thyroid Cancer -- Renal Cell Carcinoma -- Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor -- Lynch Syndrome -- Oligodendroglioma -- Glioblastoma Multiforme -- Carcinoma of Unknown Primary -- Human Immunodeficiency Virus -- Cytomegalovirus -- Human Papillomavirus -- Chlamydia trachomatis -- MRSA -- Influenza A (H1N1) -- Bordetella pertussis -- Human Metapneumovirus -- BK Virus -- Respiratory Viruses.
- Diagnostic pathology of infectious disease 2010ClinicalKey"Online and print, this comprehensive, organ-based reference is an invaluable tool for the accurate diagnosis of infectious diseases - from the common to the most challenging." "Integrates the latest techniques in immunohistochemistry and molecular genetics throughout the text for comprehensive information on all investigative contexts relevant to ensuring diagnostic accuracy; Emphasizes the host responses critical in differential diagnosis to serve as a second opinion when non-infectious diagnoses mimic and confound the diagnosis of infection; Provides a complete visual guide to suspect lesions through superb, high-quality, full-color illustrations of key aspects of various diseases that facilitate the rapid identification of biopsy specimen; Features tables that list differential diagnosis for each lesion for quick summaries of key points in problem areas; and Highlights morphological characteristics and landmarks of tissue samples throughout the text for easy access to information necessary for signing out specimens."--BOOK JACKET.
- Diagnostic pediatric surgical pathology 2010ClinicalKeyThe aim of this publication is to present a comprehensive and detailed account, which brings together and covers all, or at least most, pediatric surgical pathological entities in a single volume, to allow rapid access for day-to-day use.
- Diagnostic problems in breast pathology 2009ClinicalKeyThis new text examines common as well as more difficult diagnostic problems encountered in today's field of breast pathology. The first part of each major section consists of a presentation of general concepts and a detailed description of the pathologic characteristics of specific lesions. Then it focuses on the differences between commonly confused entities and emphasizes pathologic findings to help you obtain the most accurate diagnosis. More than 1,000 illustrations-most in full color-present the key aspects of various diseases in real-life detail.
- A synthesis of the best available evidence on diagnosis, management and treatment of frequent and high-cost problems occurring in primary care, inpatient and emergency department settings. Includes the top conditions; recommends a course of action for diagnosis, disease management and drug therapy.
- Electron microscopy methods and protocols. 2nd ed. 2007Springer ProtocolsConventional specimen preparation techniques for transmission electron microscopy of cultured cells / John J. Bozzola -- Processing biological tissues for ultrastructural study / José A. Mascorro and John J. Bozzola -- Processing plant tissues for ultrastructural study / John Kuo and Ivan Kuo -- Microwave-assisted processing and embedding for transmission electron microscopy / Paul Webster -- Ultramicrotomy for biological electron microscopy / Herbert K. Hagler -- Poststaining grids for transmission electron microscopy : conventional and alternative protocols / E. Ann Ellis -- Negative staining of thinly spread biological samples / J. Robin Harris -- Recent advances in high-pressure freezing : equipment- and specimen-loading methods / Kent L. McDonald ... [et al.] -- Cryo-ultramicrotomy : cryo-electron microscopy of vitreous sections / Dimitri Vanhecke, Luca Studer, and Daniel Studer -- Cell-free extract systems and the cytoskeleton : preparation of biochemical experiments for transmission electron microscopy / Margaret Coughlin, William M. Brieher, and Ryoma Ohi -- Electron microscopy/in situ hybridization tracking of DNA and RNA sequences at high resolution / Dusan Cmarko and Karel Koberna -- Correlative light and electron microscopy using immunolabeled resin sections / Heinz Schwarz and Bruno M. Humbel -- Cryosectioning fixed and cryoprotected biological material for immunocytochemistry / Paul Webster and Alexandre Webster -- F-TEM images : integrating fluorescence microscopy with transmission electron microscopy / Paul A. Sims and Jeff D. Hardin -- Quantitative immunoelectron microscopy : alternative ways of assessing subcellular patterns of gold labelling / Terry M. Mayhew -- Electron crystallography of membrane proteins / Hui-Ting Chou, James Evans, and Henning Stahlberg -- Cryo-electron microscopy of icosahedral virus particle / Wen Jiang and Wah Chiu -- 3D reconstructions of chromosomes with electron tomography / Peter Engelhardt -- Whole-mount immuno-electron tomography of chromosomes and cells / Peter Engelhardt ... [et al.] -- 3D cryo-transmission electron microscopy of cells and organelles / Michael Marko and Chyong-Ere Hsieh -- Electron energy-loss spectroscopy (EELS) as a tool for elemental analysis in biological specimens / Nadine Kapp ... [et al.] -- Conventional specimen preparation techniques for scanning electron microscopy of biological specimens / John J. Bozzola -- Variable pressure and environmental scanning electron microscopy : imaging of biological samples / Brendan J. Griffin -- Cryoplaning technique for visualizing the distribution of water in woody tissue by cryo-scanning electron microscopy / Yasuhiro Utsumi and Yuzou Sano -- X-ray microanalysis in the scanning electron microscope / Godfrield M. Roomans and Anca Dragomir -- Botanical SEM X-ray microanalysis in cryo-scanning electron microscopy / Beat Frey -- Static secondary ion mass spectrometry for biological and biomedical research / Nicholas P. Lockyer -- Using secondary ion mass spectrometry and multi-isotope imaging mass spectrometry in biological materials : application to higher plants / Nicole Grignon.
- Encyclopedia of molecular mechanisms of disease 2009Springer
- Epigenetics and pathology exploring connections between genetic mechanisms and disease expression 2014CRCnetBASE1. Epigenetics of host-pathogen interactions : the road ahead and the road behind / Elena Gm̤ez-Da̕z, Mireia Jord,̉ Miguel Angel Peinado, and Ana Rivero -- 2. A concise review on epigenetic regulation : insight into molecular mechanisms / Shahram Golbabapour, Mahmood Ameen Abdulla, and Maryam Hajrezaei -- 3. Genome-wide analysis of DNA methylation in human amnion / Jinsil Kim, Mitchell M. Pitlick, Paul J. Christine, Amanda R. Schaefer, Cesar Saleme, Belň Comas, Viviana Cosentino, Enrique Gadow, and Jeffrey C. Murray -- 4. Assessing causal relationships in genomics : from Bradford-Hill criteria to complex gene-environment interactions and directed acyclic graphs / Sara Geneletti, Valentina Gallo, Miquel Porta, Muin J. Khoury, and Paolo Vineis -- 5. The biology of lysine acetylation integrates transcriptional programming and metabolism / Jigneshkumar Patel, Ravi R. Pathak, and Shiraz Mujtaba -- 6. Roles of histone deacetylases in epigenetic regulation : emerging paradigms from studies with inhibitors / Geneviv̈e P. Delcuve, Dilshad H. Khan, and James R. Davie -- 7. Aberrant epigenetic silencing is triggered by a transient reduction in gene expression / Jon A. Oyer, Adrian Chu, Sukhmani Brar, and Mitchell S. Turker -- 8. The sound of silence : RNAi in poly (ADP-Ribose) research / Christian Blenn, Philippe Wyrsch, and Felix R. Althaus -- 9. Epigenetic deregulation of microRNAs in rhabdomyosarcoma and neuroblastoma and translational perspectives / Paolo Romania, Alice Bertaina, Giorgia Bracaglia, Franco Locatelli, Doriana Fruci, and Rossella Rota -- 10. Epigenetic effects of environmental chemicals bisphenol A and phthalates / Sher Singh and Steven Shoei-Lung Li -- 11. The influence of DNA sequence on epigenome-induced pathologies / Richard B. Meagher and Kristofer J. M¿ssar -- 12. Next generation sequencing based approaches to epigenomics / Martin Hirst and Marco A. Marra -- 13. Design and analysis issues in gene and environment studies / Chen-Yu Liu, Arnab Maity, Xihong Lin, Robert O. Wright, and David C. Christiani.
- Error reduction and prevention in surgical pathology 2015Springer1. Introduction / Raouf E. Nakhleh -- 2. The landscape of error in surgical pathology / Frederick A. Meier -- 3. General principles of how errors occur and how they may be reduced / Maxwell L. Smith, Stephen S. Raab -- Part 1. Pre-analytic factors contributing to errors and error prevention. 4. Error reduction in the pre-analytical process / Richard W. Brown -- 5. Application of lean principles to pre-analytic and analytic processes / Anil Vasdev Parwani, Seung Lyung Park, Liron Pantanowitz -- Part 2. Analytic factors contributing to errors and error prevention -- 6. Clinical history and clinical correlation / Keith E. Volmar -- 7. Knowledge, training, and experience / Amelia Huck, Vania Nosé -- 8. Standardization of diagnostic terminology and criteria: a prelude for error reduction / Raouf E. Nakhleh -- 9. Ancillary studies: contribution to error and error prevention / Paul E. Swanson -- 10. Optimization of case reviews in different practice settings / Raouf E. Nakhleh -- Part 3. Post-analytic factors leading to errors and error prevention. 11. The complete surgical pathology report / Michael O. Idowu -- 12. Communicating effectively in surgical pathology / Carolyn Mies -- 13. Error prevention in transcription and report distribution / Shannon J. McCall -- 14. Error management: legal and regulatory responsibilities / Timothy Craig Allen.
- Essentials in bone and soft-tissue pathology 2010Springer
- Essentials of anatomic pathology. 3rd ed. 2011SpringerPart 1. General Pathology -- Cytopathology / Fadi W. Abdul-Karim, Jennifer Brainard and Claire W. Michael -- Immunohistochemical Diagnosis in Surgical Pathology / Nancy Klipfel, Raul Simental-Pizarro and Clive R. Taylor -- Tumors of Unknown Primary / Nancy Klipfel, Raul Simental-Pizarro and Clive R. Taylor -- Diagnostic Electron Microscopy / Jean L. Olson -- Transplantation Pathology / Oscar W. Cummings -- Microbiology for the Surgical Pathologist / Deborah E. Blue and Stephen D. Allen -- Forensic Pathology / Frank P. Miller and Jeffrey J. Barnard -- Autopsy / Dean Hawley -- Biomedical Informatics for Anatomic Pathology / Waqas Amin, Uma Chandran, Anil V. Parwani and Michael J. Becich -- Quality Assurance and Regulations for Anatomic Pathology / Maxwell L. Smith and Stephen S. Raab -- Molecular Diagnostic Pathology / James Huang and Richard D. Press -- Molecular Pathology of Solid Tumors / Franklin R. Moore and Richard D. Press -- Human Genetic Disorders / Teresa M. Kruisselbrink, Noralane M. Lindor, Elyse B. Mitchell, Brittany C. Thomas and Cassandra K. Runke, et al. -- Part 2. Organ Systems -- Neuropathology / Eyas M. Hattab, Matthew C. Hagen, Bernd W. Scheithauer and Arie Perry -- Lymph Node / Ellen D. McPhail and Paul J. Kurtin -- Spleen / Dennis P. O'Malley and Attilio Orazi -- Bone Marrow / Dennis P. O'Malley -- Neoplasms of the Skin and Immunodermatology / Daniel P. Vandersteen, Melanie Triffet-Treviño and Chris H. Jokinen -- Nonneoplastic Skin Diseases / Steven D. Billings and Antoinette F. Hood -- Endocrine Pathology / Lori A. Erickson -- Bone and Joints / Jasvir S. Khurana and Guldeep Uppal -- Soft Tissue Tumors / Leona A. Doyle and Alessandra F. Nascimento -- Tumor of the Salivary Glands / Diana M. Bell and Adel K. El-Naggar -- Head and Neck / John D. Henley and Don-John Summerlin -- Eye and Ocular Adnexae / Jose M. Bonnin -- Mediastinum and Thymus / Chung-Che (Jeff) Chang, Munir Shahjahan and Joseph F. Tomashefski -- Cardiovascular Pathology / Eric A. Pfeifer -- Lung and Pleura / Carol F. Farver and Andrea V. Arrossi -- Breast / Mohiedean Ghofrani and Fattaneh A. Tavassoli -- Vulva and Vagina / Sharon X. Liang and Wenxin Zheng -- Uterus and Fallopian Tube / Maritza Martel and Fattaneh A. Tavassoli -- Ovary and Peritoneum / Robert E. Emerson -- Placenta and Gestational Trophoblastic Disease / Raymond W. Redline -- Nonneoplastic Renal Diseases / Geoffrey A. Talmon and Donna J. Lager -- Tumors of the Kidney / Gregory T. MacLennan and Liang Cheng -- Urinary Bladder / Liang Cheng, Antonio Lopez-Beltran and David G. Bostwick -- Renal Pelvis, Ureter, and Urethra / Antonio Lopez-Beltran, Sean R. Williamson and Liang Cheng -- Prostate / David G. Bostwick and Liang Cheng -- Testis and Testicular Adnexa / Kenneth A. Iczkowski and Thomas M. Ulbright -- The Penis / Alcides Chaux, Gustavo Ayala and Antonio L. Cubilla -- Esophagus and Stomach / Thomas P. Plesec and John R. Goldblum -- Small Intestine, Appendix, Colorectum, and Anus / Stephen C. Lawhorn and Shuan C. Li -- Pancreas / Olca Basturk and N. Volkan Adsay -- Nonneoplastic Hepatobiliary Disease / Romil Saxena -- Neoplasms of the Liver and Biliary System / Romil Saxena.
- This book covers new and exciting topics which have emerged in the area of autopsy recently, including the three different post-mortem CT-angiography systems currently available to practitioners in this field; a highly topical chapter on the role of genetic abnormalities in the handling of drugs within the body and how this can affect the interpretation of toxicological results in relation to how the drug may have caused or contributed to death; an update on the current classification and considerations related to deaths due to hanging; a review of injuries and fatalities caused by animals including post-mortem scavenging; an authoritative review of poisons and toxins from water and the life that inhabits it; and recent advances in knowledge in the use of entomology as an investigative tool as well as knowledge related to colonisation of cadavers by insects, animals and birds. Essentials of Autopsy Practice: Advances, Updates and Emerging Technologies is a multi-subject book, aimed at different grades of practitioners, from different practice areas, covering topics that are currently discussed and anticipated to be discussed in the field of autopsy practice over the next few years.
- Postmorten toxicological redistribution -- Examination of fractures at autopsy -- The relationship of body weight and sudden death -- Fatal sexual abuse in childhood -- Elder abuse and gerontocide -- Air crash investigation for histopathologists -- Bioterrorism -- The chronological dating of injury.
- Basic Research/Mechanisms -- A Historical Overview and Concepts of Mesenchymal Stem Cells / Shihua Wang, Robert Chunhua Zhao -- Biology of MSCs Isolated from Different Tissues / Simone Pacini -- Secretome of Mesenchymal Stem Cells / Yuan Xiao ... [et al.] -- Immunomodulatory Properties of Mesenchymal Stem Cells and Related Applications / Lianming Liao, Robert Chunhua Zhao -- Mesenchymal Stem Cell Homing to Injured Tissues / Yaojiong Wu, Robert Chunhua Zhao -- Major Signaling Pathways Regulating the Proliferation and Differentiation of Mesenchymal Stem Cells / Joseph D. Lamplot ... [et al.] -- MicroRNAs in Mesenchymal Stem Cells / Mohammad T. Elnakish, Ibrahim A. Alhaider, Mahmood Khan -- Genetic Modification of MSCs for Pharmacological Screening / Jie Qin, Martin Zenke -- Control of Mesenchymal Stem Cells with Biomaterials / Sandeep M. Nalluri, Michael J. Hill, Debanjan Sarkar -- Clinical Translation -- Mesenchymal Stem Cells for Cardiovascular Disease / Wei Wu, Shuyang Zhang -- Mesenchymal Stem Cells as Therapy for Graft Versus Host Disease: What Have We Learned? / Partow Kebriaei ... [et al.] -- Mesenchymal Stem Cells for Liver Disease / Feng-chun Zhang -- Mesenchymal Stem Cells for Bone Repair / Hongwei Ouyang, Xiaohui Zou, Boon Chin Heng, Weiliang Shen -- Mesenchymal Stem Cells for Diabetes and Related Complications / Vladislav Volarevic, Majlinda Lako, Miodrag Stojkovic -- Mesenchymal Stromal Cell (MSC) Therapy for Crohn's Disease / Jignesh Dalal -- The Summary of Stroke and Its Stem Cell Therapy / Renzhi Wang ... [et al.] -- Mesenchymal Stem Cell Transplantation for Systemic Lupus Erythematosus / Lingyun Sun -- International Regulations and Guidelines Governing Stem Cell Based Products -- Considerations of Quality Control Issues for the Mesenchymal Stem Cells-Based Medicinal Products / Bao-Zhu Yuan ... [et al.] -- Regulations/Ethical Guidelines on Human Adult/Mesenchymal Stem Cell Clinical Trial and Clinical Translation / Xiaomei Zhai, Renzong Qiu.
- Evidence based pathology and laboratory medicine 2011SpringerIntroduction to Evidence-Based Pathology and Laboratory Medicine -- Evidence-Based Pathology: A Stable Set of Principles for a Rapidly Evolving Specialty -- What Is Best Evidence in Pathology? -- Biostatistics 101 -- Prognostication and Prediction in Anatomic Pathology: Carcinoma of the Breast as an Illustrative Model -- Principles of Classification and Diagnosis in Anatomic Pathology and the Inevitability of Problem Cases -- Evaluating Oncopathological Studies: The Need to Evaluate the Internal and External Validity of Study Results -- Power Analysis and Sample Sizes in Pathology Research -- Meta-Analysis: A Statistical Method to Integrate Information Provided by Different Studies -- Decision Analysis and Decision Support Systems in Anatomic Pathology -- Evidence-Based Approach to Evaluate Information Published in the Pathology Literature and Integrate It with Personal Experience -- Evidence-Based Cell Pathology Revisited: A Personal View -- Development of Evidence-Based Diagnostic Criteria and Prognostic/Predictive Models: Experience at Cedars Sinai Medical Cen -- Evaluation and Reduction of Diagnostic Errors in Pathology Using an Evidence-Based Approach -- Meta-Analysis 101 for Pathologists -- Evidence-Based Practices in Applied Immunohistochemistry: Dilemmas Caused by Cross-Purposes -- Evidence-Based Pathology and Laboratory Medicine in the Molecular Pathology Era: Transition of Tests from the Research Bench into Practice -- The Use of Decision Analysis Tools for the Selection of Clinical Laboratory Tests: Developing Diagnostic and Forecasting Models Using Laboratory Evidence -- Implementation and Benefits of Computerized Physician Order Entry and Evidence-Based Clinical Decision Support Systems -- Evidence-Based Pathology and Tort Law: How Do They Compare?
- Experimental metastasis modeling and analysis 2013SpringerMetastatic dissemination of cancer is a main cause of cancer related deaths, therefore biological mechanisms implicated in metastatic process presents an essential object of cancer research. This research requires creation and utilization of adequate laboratory models. The book describes main approaches to model processes of metastatic cancer dissemination and metastases development. The book is structured in according with various metastatic pathways reflecting molecular specificity of metastatic process as well as anatomical specificity of aria of dissemination.
- Fabry disease 2010Springer
- Fabry disease perspectives from 5 years of FOS 2006NCBI Bookshelf
- Ferri's Best test a practical guide to clinical laboratory medicine and diagnostic imaging. Third edition. [3rd ed.] 2015ClinicalKeyFor nearly 25 years, Ferri's concise, pocket-sized resources have served as the go-to medical reference books among students, residents, and other medical professionals. Ferri's Best Test continues that trend, providing fast, effective, and efficient guidance and helping you review the most important laboratory and imaging testing information, with an added focus on cost-effective decision making. Quickly access important information with concise, well-organized guidance to the most common lab tests and diagnostic imaging modalities.Simplify your decision-making process through analysis that describes the most common imaging studies for each organ system, reviewing their indications, advantages, disadvantages, and approximate costs. Confidently address problematic situations with background data that examines over 384 laboratory tests, describing the normal range of results in adult patients, typical abnormalities (positive tests, increased or decreased values), and the likeliest causes. Select the best test for diagnosing more than 200 common diseases and disorders. Keep important information at your fingertips with this portable, pocket-sized format that allows for convenient consultation anytime, anywhere.
- Fetal and neonatal pathology. 4th ed. 2007Springer
- Fibrosis research methods and protocols 2005Springer Protocols
- This book provides a detailed update on all aspects of fine-needle aspiration cytology of breast lesions. It will serve readers as an up-to-date reference and atlas on both new entities in breast pathology, including borderline lesions such as flat epithelial atypia, and the classic benign and malignant lesions. Throughout, emphasis is placed on the characteristic diagnostic features as well as the common pitfalls faced by cytologists. As cytologic features can be highly variable, corresponding cytology and histology images are displayed together, enabling readers to gain a good understanding of the morphologic features of various lesions. Core-needle biopsy and fine-needle aspiration cytology are compared in depth, with attention to their relative strengths and weaknesses and indications. In addition, the impact of molecular classification of breast cancers on cytologic diagnosis is explored, and the use of molecular techniques in diagnostic cytology is discussed.
- FNA cytology in the diagnosis of lymphoma 2009KargerHistorical aspects -- Techniques -- Flow cytometry in fine-needle aspiration diagnosis of lymphomas / in collaboration with Anna Porwit-MacDonald -- B cell neoplasms -- T cell neoplasms -- Hodgkin lymphoma -- Lymphadenopathy in HIV-infected patients -- Histiocytic and dendritic neoplasms -- Extranodal lymphomas -- Lymphoma look-alike.
- Introduction -- Staining Techniques and Microscopy -- Histopathology of Selected Trauma -- Histopathology and Drug Abuse -- Toxin- and Drug-Induced Pathologies -- Alcohol-Related Histopathology -- Heat, Fire, Electricity, Lightning, Radiation, and Gases -- Hypothermia -- Thrombosis and Embolism -- Vitality, Injury Age, Determination of Skin Wound Age, and Fracture Age -- Aspiration and Inhalation -- Forensic-Histological Diagnosis of Species, Gender, Age, and Identity -- Coronary Sclerosis, Myocardial Infarction, Myocarditis, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Anomalies, and the Cardiac Conduction System -- Vascular, Cardiac Valve, and Metabolic Diseases -- Lethal Infections, Sepsis, and Shock -- Endocrine Organs -- Pregnancy-Related Death, Death in Newborns, and Sudden Infant Death Syndrome -- Forensic Cytology -- Histothanatology: Autolysis, Putrefaction, Mummification -- Forensic Neuropathology.
- Frozen section library v. 1-, 2009-Springer
View by page
- Abdomen and thoracic imaging an engineering & clinical perspective — Frozen section library (100)
- Frozen section library. Breast — Pathology of the pancreas-- a practical approach (100)
- Pathology of the placenta. 3rd ed. — Wheater's Basic pathology a text, atlas, and review of histopathology. 5th ed. (61)
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Access restricted to Stanford community
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
Can't find it?
Look if we have it in print
- Springer Protocols
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.Large number of high quality software and database programming titles from O'Reilly. Other software titles are also available from Sams and Prentice Hall. Limited to 7 concurrent users.Vast collection of software and database programming titles from multiple publishers, including Microsoft Press.Largest provider of engineering-related eBooks; includes titles in computer science and biomedical engineering.Over 4,000 full-text e-books covering scientific and technical information from CRC Press and others. Many handbooks and single volume reference sources.A repository of medical knowledge from internal medicine, cardiology, genetics, pharmacy, diagnosis and management, basic sciences, patient care, and more. Continuously expanding, all databases in the repository contain the latest editions of selected medical titles.Includes peer-reviewed life science and biomedical research protocols compiled from Methods in Molecular Biology, Methods in Molecular Medicine, Methods in Biotechnology, Methods in Pharmacology and Toxicology, Neuromethods, the Biomethods Handbook, the Proteomics Handbook, and Springer Laboratory Manuals.Contains full text access to selected biomedical and nursing books.Provides one-click access to important clinical resources; includes evidence-based diagnosis and treatment guidelines, Books, EBM articles, Ovid MEDLINE, Drug facts and comparisons, Drug interaction facts, guidelines from National Guideline Clearinghouse, patient handouts (English and Spanish), and local content.ClinicalKey provides access to textbooks, electronic journals, practice guidelines, drug information, and patient education handouts.A collection of biomedical books that can be searched directly by concept, and linked to terms in PubMed abstracts.Provides online, full-text access to Springer's journal titles as well as journals from other publishers. Subjects include: life sciences, chemical sciences, environmental sciences, geosciences, computer science, mathematics, medicine, physics and astronomy, engineering and economics. Also includes eBooks.Collection of over 8 thousand fulltext titles in engineering, math, and basic and applied biomedical research. Coverage is from 1967 to the present.A library of ebooks on a wide array of topics, digitized and made available online in conjunction with the original publishers.