Books by Subject
Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
- Advanced protocols in oxidative stress. I 2008, Springer ProtocolsVol. 1. Novel designed probes for the characterization of oxidative stress in biological fluids, cells, and tissues / Jacob Vaya -- A rapid and selective mass spectrometric method for the identification of nitrated proteins / Angela Amoresano ... [et al.] -- An easy and reliable automated method to estimate oxidative stress in the clinical setting / Cristina Vassalle -- Correlative transmission microscopy : cytochemical localization and immunocytochemical localization in studies of oxidative and nitrosative stress / E. Ann Ellis -- Detection of specifically oxidized apolipoproteins in oxidized HDL / Xiao Suo Wang and Roland Stocker -- High performance liquid chromatography/electron spin resonance/mass spectrometry analyses of lipid-derived radicals / Hideo Iwahashi -- EPR spin-trapping and nano LC MS/MS techniques for DEPMPO/OOH and immunospin-trapping with anti-DMPO antibody in mitochondrial electron transfer system / Yeong-Renn Chen -- Determination of high mitochondrial membrane potential in spermatozoa loaded with the mitochondrial probe 5,5',6,6'-tetrachloro-1,1',3,3'-tetraethylbenzimidazolyl-carbocyanine iodide (JC-1) and for using fluorescence-activated flow cytometry / H. David Guthrie and Glenn R. Welch -- 2,2,6,6-tetramethylpiperidin-1-oxyl probes for evaluating oxidative stress on the cell membrane and mitochondria / Hidehiko Nakagawa and Naoki Miyata -- Zymographical techniques for detection of matrix metalloproteinases / Shinichi Iwai ... [et al.] -- The use of in vivo microdialysis techniques to detect extracellular ROS in resting and contracting skeletal muscle / Graeme L. Close and Malcolm J. Jackson -- Cell-free antibody capture method for analysis of detergent-resistant membrane rafts / Anil Bamezai and Colleen Kennedy. Determination of acrolein by high-voltage capillary electrophoresis from oxidized fatty acids / Rafael Medina-Navarro. Cupric ion reducing antioxidant capacity assay for food antioxidants : vitamins, polyphenolics, and flavonoids in food extracts / Reşat Apak ... [et al.] -- Redox property of ribonucleotide reductase small subunit M2 and p53R2 / Xiyong Liu, Lijun Xue, and Yun Yen -- Antioxidant QSAR modeling as exemplified on polyphenols / Bono Lučić, Dragan Amić, and Nenad Trinajstić -- Immunohistochemical staining of cyclooxygenases with monoclonal antibodies / Ghassan M. Saed -- Examining the endogenous antioxidant response through immunofluorescent analysis of Nrf2 in tissue / Kathryn A. Lindl and Kellly L. Jordan-Sciutto -- Determination of oxidized and reduced CoQ10 and CoQ9 in human plasma/serum using HPLC-ECD / Ian N. Acworth, Paul A. Ullucci, and Pul H. Gamache. Paraoxonases (PON1, PON2, PON3) analysis in vitro and in vivo in relation to cardiovascular diseases / Michael Aviram and Mira Rosenblat -- Preparation, characterization, and use of antioxidant-liposomes / Hongsong Yang ... [et al.] -- Antioxidant activity of biotransformed sex hormones facilitated by Bacillus stearothermophilus / Mohammad Afzal, Sameera Al-Awadi, and Sosamma Oommen -- Biolistic mediated production of transgenic oil palm / Ghulam Kadir Ahmad Parveez -- Preparation of a multi-antioxidant formulation / John A. Mulnix and Brook E. Stoddard -- A functional genomics approach to identify and characterize oxidation resistance genes / Michael R. Volkert, Jen-Yeu Wang, and Nathan A. Elliott -- Genome-wide overexpression screen for activators of antioxidant gene transcription / Hendrik Luesch and Yanxia Liu -- Method for conducting microarray study of oxidative stress induced gene expression / Sita Subbaram, Juan A. Melendez, and Sridar V. Chittur -- A systems approach demonstrating sphingolipid-dependent transcription in stress responses / Alan J. Wilder and L. Ashley Cowart -- Bioluminescence : imaging modality for in vitro and in vivo gene expression / Ruxana T. Sadikot and Timothy S. Blackwell -- Reactive oxygen species and upregulation of NADPH oxidases in mechanotransduction of embryonic stem cells / Heinrich Sauer ... [et al.] -- Pooling data when analyzing biomarkers subject to a limit of detection / Leslie Rosenthal and Enrique Schisterman.
- Amyloid and related disorders 2012, Springer
- Angiogenesis in inflammation 2008, Springer
- Antibiotics in laboratory medicine. 5th ed. 2005, OvidThe breakpoint / Matthew A. Wikler, Paul G. Ambrose -- Antimicrobial susceptibility on solid media / John D. Turnidge, Jan M. Bell -- Susceptibility testing of antimicrobials in liquid media / Daniel Amsterdam -- Antimicrobial susceptibility testing of anaerobic bacteria / David W. Hecht -- Antimycobacterial agents: in vitro susceptibility testing and mechanisms of action and resistance / Clark B. Inderlied and Kevin A. Nash -- Antifungal drugs: mechanisms of action, drug resistance, susceptibility testing, and assays of activity in biological fluids / Michael A. Pfaller, Daniel J. Diekema, and Michael G. Rinaldi -- Antimicrobial susceptibility testing for some atypical microorganisms (chlamydia, mycoplasma, rickettsia, ehrlichia, coxiella, and spirochetes) / Jean-Marc Rolain, Didier Raoult -- Applications, significance of, and methods for the measurement of antimicrobial concentrations in human body fluids / Roger D. Klein and Stephen C. Edberg -- Antimicrobial combinations / Satish K. Pillai, Robert C. Moellering, Jr., and George M. Eliopoulos --Genetic and biochemical mechanisms of bacterial resistance to antimicrobial agents / Louis B. Rice and Robert A. Bonomo -- Molecular methods for the detection of antibacterial resistance genes / Margareta Ieven -- Molecular mechanisms of action for antimicrobial agents: general principles and mechanisms for selected classes of antibiotics / Charles W. Stratton -- The antivirogram and the modes of action of antiviral agents, HIV, hepatitis, influenza, and cytomegalovirus / Pierre Dellamonica ... [et al.] -- Disinfectants and antiseptics, modes of action, mechanisms of resistance, and testing / Joseph M. Ascenzi, Martin S. Favero -- Evaluation of antimicrobials in experimental animal infections / Terry O' Reilly ... [et al.] -- Extravascular antimicrobial distribution and the respective blood and urine concentrations in humans / David M. Bamberger ... [et al.] -- Epidemiology of antimicrobial resistance: species prevalence, susceptibility profiles, and resistance trends / Thomas R. Fritsche, Helio S. Sader, Ronald N. Jones.
- Articular cartilage 2013, CRCnetBASEStructure and function of cartilage properties -- Articular cartilage development -- Articular cartilage pathology and therapies -- Tissue engineering of articular cartilage -- Methods for evaluating articular cartilage quality -- Perspectives on the translational aspects of articular cartilage -- Biology -- Experimental protocols.
- Atlas of forensic pathology 2012, Springer
- Atlas on the human testis 2013, Springer
- Basic concepts of molecular pathology 2009, Springer
- Blaustein's Pathology of the female genital tract. 6th ed. 2011, Springer
- Bone Marrow Lymphoid Infiltrates 2012, Springer
- Brain CT scans in clinical practice 2009, Springer
- Brain-dead organ donor 2013, Springer
- Breast cytopathology 2007, Springer
- Cancer cell culture 2004, Springer Protocols
- Cardiac pathology 2013, Springer
- Cardiac tumor pathology 2013, Springer
- Caveolins and caveolae 2012, SpringerLipid rafts, caveolae, and GPI linked proteins / Valerie L. Reeves, Candice M. Thomas, and Eric J. Smart -- Caveolae and the regulation of endocytosis / Anna L. Kiss -- Caveolin : role in cell signaling / Cecile Boscher and Ivan Robert Nabi -- Regulation of ENOS in caveolae / Chieko Mineo and Philip W. Shaul -- Recent developments in the interactions between caveolin and pathogens / Fabiana S. Machado ... [et al.] -- Caveolin and breast cancer : a new clinical perspective / Isabelle Mercier and Michael P. Lisanti -- Caveolin and prostate cancer progression / Michael R. Freeman, Wei Yang, and Dolores Di Vizio -- Caveolins and caveolae, roles in insulin signalling, and diabetes / Peter Strolfors -- Atherosclerosis, caveolae, and caveolin / Stephanos Pavlides ... [et al.] -- Caveolins and heart diseases / Mathivadhani Panneerselvam, Hemal H. Patel, and David M. Roth -- Caveolins and lung function / Nikolaos A. Maniatis ... [et al.].
- Cell biology. 3rd ed. 2006, ScienceDirect
- Clinical laboratory medicine. 2nd ed. 2002, Ovid
- Clinical use of pediatric diagnostic tests 2003, Ovid
- Color atlas of fetal and neonatal histology 2011, SpringerThis book serves as a comprehensive atlas of the developmental histology of the major organs from 15 weeks gestation to the neonatal period. Each section includes text on basic embryologic processes that influence the development of each organ and highlight major histologic features that correspond with certain developmental periods. In addition, there are many color photomicrographs at key developmental stages to assist the reader in identifying appropriate histologic changes at each developmental stage. This book will be of great value to students of embryology, pathology residents and fellows, and attending pathologists who perform fetal autopsies.
- Color atlas of pathophysiology. 2nd ed. 2010, Thieme BookFundamentals -- Temperature, energy -- Blood -- Respiration, acid-base balance -- Kidney, salt and water balance -- Stomach, intestines, liver -- Heart and circulation -- Metabolism -- Hormones -- Neuromuscular and sensory systems.
- Color atlas of the autopsy 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Complement therapeutics 2013, Springer
- Concise pathology 1998 (3rd ed.)., AccessMedicine
- CPT Online 2011, STAT!Ref
- Cryopreservation and freeze-drying protocols. 2nd ed. 2007, Springer Protocols
- Current protocols essential laboratory techniques 2008-, WileyVolume/weight measurement -- Concentration measurement -- Reagent preparation -- Cell culture techniques -- Sample preparation -- Chromatography -- Electrophoresis -- Blotting -- Microscopy -- Enzymatic reactions.
- Current protocols in human genetics 1994-, Wileych. 1. Genetic Mapping -- ch. 2. Genotyping -- ch. 3. Somatic Cell Hybrids -- ch. 4. Cytogenetics -- ch. 5. Strategies for Large-Insert Cloning and Analysis -- ch. 6. Identifying Candidate Genes in Genomic DNA -- ch. 7. Searching Candidate Genes for Mutations -- ch. 8. Clinical Cytogenetics -- ch. 9. Clinical Molecular Genetics -- ch. 10. Cancer Genetics -- ch. 11. Transcriptional Profiling -- ch. 12. Vectors for Gene Therapy -- ch. 13. Delivery Systems for Gene Therapy -- ch. 14. Forensic Genetics -- ch. 15. Model Systems for the Analysis of Human Disease -- ch. 16. Automation and Robotics in Genetic Analysis -- ch. 17. Biochemical Genetics --ch. 18. High-Throughput Sequencing -- ch. 19. Mitochondrial Genetics -- ch. 20. Epigenetics -- Appendix 1. Abbreviations and Useful Data -- Appendix 2. Laboratory Guidelines, Equipment, and Stock Solutions -- Appendix 3. Commonly Used Techniques -- Appendix 4. Chromosome Karyotyping and Idiograms -- Appendix 5. Genetic Linkage Reference Maps: Access to Internet-Based Resources -- Appendix 6. Human-Mouse Comparative Maps -- Appendix. Suppliers.
- Cytology of soft tissue tumours 2003, Karger
- Dating neurological injury 2011, SpringerThe structure of the normal brain and its imaging appearance -- The general appearance of edema and hemorrhage on CT, MR and US (including a general introduction to CT, MR and US scanning) -- The basics of contrast and its role in dating -- How the imaging appearance of edema and hemorrhage change over time on CT, MR, and US: dynamic (acute) dating -- Patterns of parenchymal injury: pattern (chronic) dating -- Principles of dynamic dating in the medical legal setting -- Principles of pattern dating in the medical legal setting -- Therefore, what can be said based on the images, and what can't be said based on the images -- The root causes of uncertainty in dating neurologic events based on imaging findings.
- Diagnostic molecular pathology in practice 2011, Springer
- A synthesis of the best available evidence on diagnosis, management and treatment of frequent and high-cost problems occurring in primary care, inpatient and emergency department settings. Includes the top conditions; recommends a course of action for diagnosis, disease management and drug therapy.
- Electron microscopy. 2nd ed. 2007, Springer ProtocolsConventional specimen preparation techniques for transmission electron microscopy of cultured cells / John J. Bozzola -- Processing biological tissues for ultrastructural study / José A. Mascorro and John J. Bozzola -- Processing plant tissues for ultrastructural study / John Kuo and Ivan Kuo -- Microwave-assisted processing and embedding for transmission electron microscopy / Paul Webster -- Ultramicrotomy for biological electron microscopy / Herbert K. Hagler -- Poststaining grids for transmission electron microscopy : conventional and alternative protocols / E. Ann Ellis -- Negative staining of thinly spread biological samples / J. Robin Harris -- Recent advances in high-pressure freezing : equipment- and specimen-loading methods / Kent L. McDonald ... [et al.] --Cryo-ultramicrotomy : cryo-electron microscopy of vitreous sections / Dimitri Vanhecke, Luca Studer, and Daniel Studer -- Cell-free extract systems and the cytoskeleton : preparation of biochemical experiments for transmission electron microscopy / Margaret Coughlin, William M. Brieher, and Ryoma Ohi -- Electron microscopy/in situ hybridization tracking of DNA and RNA sequences at high resolution / Dusan Cmarko and Karel Koberna -- Correlative light and electron microscopy using immunolabeled resin sections / Heinz Schwarz and Bruno M. Humbel -- Cryosectioning fixed and cryoprotected biological material for immunocytochemistry / Paul Webster and Alexandre Webster -- F-TEM images : integrating fluorescence microscopy with transmission electron microscopy / Paul A. Sims and Jeff D. Hardin --Quantitative immunoelectron microscopy : alternative ways of assessing subcellular patterns of gold labelling / Terry M. Mayhew -- Electron crystallography of membrane proteins / Hui-Ting Chou, James Evans, and Henning Stahlberg -- Cryo-electron microscopy of icosahedral virus particle / Wen Jiang and Wah Chiu -- 3D reconstructions of chromosomes with electron tomography / Peter Engelhardt -- Whole-mount immuno-electron tomography of chromosomes and cells / Peter Engelhardt ... [et al.] -- 3D cryo-transmission electron microscopy of cells and organelles / Michael Marko and Chyong-Ere Hsieh -- Electron energy-loss spectroscopy (EELS) as a tool for elemental analysis in biological specimens / Nadine Kapp ... [et al.] -- Conventional specimen preparation techniques for scanning electron microscopy of biological specimens / John J. Bozzola --Variable pressure and environmental scanning electron microscopy : imaging of biological samples / Brendan J. Griffin -- Cryoplaning technique for visualizing the distribution of water in woody tissue by cryo-scanning electron microscopy / Yasuhiro Utsumi and Yuzou Sano -- X-ray microanalysis in the scanning electron microscope / Godfrield M. Roomans and Anca Dragomir -- Botanical SEM X-ray microanalysis in cryo-scanning electron microscopy / Beat Frey -- Static secondary ion mass spectrometry for biological and biomedical research / Nicholas P. Lockyer -- Using secondary ion mass spectrometry and multi-isotope imaging mass spectrometry in biological materials : application to higher plants / Nicole Grignon.
- Encyclopedia of molecular mechanisms of disease 2009, Springer
- Essentials in bone and soft-tissue pathology 2010, Springer
- Essentials of anatomic pathology. 3rd ed. 2011, SpringerPart 1. General Pathology -- Cytopathology / Fadi W. Abdul-Karim, Jennifer Brainard and Claire W. Michael -- Immunohistochemical Diagnosis in Surgical Pathology / Nancy Klipfel, Raul Simental-Pizarro and Clive R. Taylor -- Tumors of Unknown Primary / Nancy Klipfel, Raul Simental-Pizarro and Clive R. Taylor -- Diagnostic Electron Microscopy / Jean L. Olson -- Transplantation Pathology / Oscar W. Cummings -- Microbiology for the Surgical Pathologist / Deborah E. Blue and Stephen D. Allen -- Forensic Pathology / Frank P. Miller and Jeffrey J. Barnard -- Autopsy / Dean Hawley -- Biomedical Informatics for Anatomic Pathology / Waqas Amin, Uma Chandran, Anil V. Parwani and Michael J. Becich -- Quality Assurance and Regulations for Anatomic Pathology / Maxwell L. Smith and Stephen S. Raab -- Molecular Diagnostic Pathology / James Huang and Richard D. Press -- Molecular Pathology of Solid Tumors / Franklin R. Moore and Richard D. Press -- Human Genetic Disorders / Teresa M. Kruisselbrink, Noralane M. Lindor, Elyse B. Mitchell, Brittany C. Thomas and Cassandra K. Runke, et al. -- Part 2. Organ Systems -- Neuropathology / Eyas M. Hattab, Matthew C. Hagen, Bernd W. Scheithauer and Arie Perry -- Lymph Node / Ellen D. McPhail and Paul J. Kurtin -- Spleen / Dennis P. O'Malley and Attilio Orazi -- Bone Marrow / Dennis P. O'Malley -- Neoplasms of the Skin and Immunodermatology / Daniel P. Vandersteen, Melanie Triffet-Treviño and Chris H. Jokinen -- Nonneoplastic Skin Diseases / Steven D. Billings and Antoinette F. Hood -- Endocrine Pathology / Lori A. Erickson -- Bone and Joints / Jasvir S. Khurana and Guldeep Uppal -- Soft Tissue Tumors / Leona A. Doyle and Alessandra F. Nascimento -- Tumor of the Salivary Glands / Diana M. Bell and Adel K. El-Naggar -- Head and Neck / John D. Henley and Don-John Summerlin -- Eye and Ocular Adnexae / Jose M. Bonnin -- Mediastinum and Thymus / Chung-Che (Jeff) Chang, Munir Shahjahan and Joseph F. Tomashefski -- Cardiovascular Pathology / Eric A. Pfeifer -- Lung and Pleura / Carol F. Farver and Andrea V. Arrossi -- Breast / Mohiedean Ghofrani and Fattaneh A. Tavassoli -- Vulva and Vagina / Sharon X. Liang and Wenxin Zheng -- Uterus and Fallopian Tube / Maritza Martel and Fattaneh A. Tavassoli -- Ovary and Peritoneum / Robert E. Emerson -- Placenta and Gestational Trophoblastic Disease / Raymond W. Redline -- Nonneoplastic Renal Diseases / Geoffrey A. Talmon and Donna J. Lager -- Tumors of the Kidney / Gregory T. MacLennan and Liang Cheng -- Urinary Bladder / Liang Cheng, Antonio Lopez-Beltran and David G. Bostwick -- Renal Pelvis, Ureter, and Urethra / Antonio Lopez-Beltran, Sean R. Williamson and Liang Cheng -- Prostate / David G. Bostwick and Liang Cheng -- Testis and Testicular Adnexa / Kenneth A. Iczkowski and Thomas M. Ulbright -- The Penis / Alcides Chaux, Gustavo Ayala and Antonio L. Cubilla -- Esophagus and Stomach / Thomas P. Plesec and John R. Goldblum -- Small Intestine, Appendix, Colorectum, and Anus / Stephen C. Lawhorn and Shuan C. Li -- Pancreas / Olca Basturk and N. Volkan Adsay -- Nonneoplastic Hepatobiliary Disease / Romil Saxena -- Neoplasms of the Liver and Biliary System / Romil Saxena.
- Evidence based pathology and laboratory medicine 2011, SpringerIntroduction to Evidence-Based Pathology and Laboratory Medicine -- Evidence-Based Pathology: A Stable Set of Principles for a Rapidly Evolving Specialty -- What Is Best Evidence in Pathology? -- Biostatistics 101 -- Prognostication and Prediction in Anatomic Pathology: Carcinoma of the Breast as an Illustrative Model -- Principles of Classification and Diagnosis in Anatomic Pathology and the Inevitability of Problem Cases -- Evaluating Oncopathological Studies: The Need to Evaluate the Internal and External Validity of Study Results -- Power Analysis and Sample Sizes in Pathology Research -- Meta-Analysis: A Statistical Method to Integrate Information Provided by Different Studies -- Decision Analysis and Decision Support Systems in Anatomic Pathology -- Evidence-Based Approach to Evaluate Information Published in the Pathology Literature and Integrate It with Personal Experience -- Evidence-Based Cell Pathology Revisited: A Personal View -- Development of Evidence-Based Diagnostic Criteria and Prognostic/Predictive Models: Experience at Cedars Sinai Medical Cen -- Evaluation and Reduction of Diagnostic Errors in Pathology Using an Evidence-Based Approach -- Meta-Analysis 101 for Pathologists -- Evidence-Based Practices in Applied Immunohistochemistry: Dilemmas Caused by Cross-Purposes -- Evidence-Based Pathology and Laboratory Medicine in the Molecular Pathology Era: Transition of Tests from the Research Bench into Practice -- The Use of Decision Analysis Tools for the Selection of Clinical Laboratory Tests: Developing Diagnostic and Forecasting Models Using Laboratory Evidence -- Implementation and Benefits of Computerized Physician Order Entry and Evidence-Based Clinical Decision Support Systems -- Evidence-Based Pathology and Tort Law: How Do They Compare?
- Extravasation of cytotoxic agents. 2nd ed. 2010, Springer
- Fabry disease 2006, NCBI Bookshelf
- Fabry disease 2010, Springer
- Fetal and neonatal pathology. 4th ed. 2007, Springer
- Fibrosis research 2005, Springer Protocols
- Flow cytometry protocols. 2nd ed. 2004, Springer ProtocolsFlow cytometry : an introduction / Alice L. Givan -- Multiparameter flow cytometry of bacteria / Howard M. Shapiro and Gerhard Nebe-von-Caron -- Multiparameter data acquisition and analysis of leukocytes / Carleton C. Stewart and Sigrid J. Stewart -- Flow cytometric analysis of kinase signaling cascades / Omar D. Perez, Peter O. Krutzik, and Garry P. Nolan -- Cytokine flow cytometry / Holden T. Maecker -- Use of cell-tracking dyes to determine proliferation precursor frequencies of antigen-specific T cells / Alice L. Givan ... [et al.] -- Assessment of lymphocyte-mediated cytotoxicity using flow cytometry / Luzheng Liu ... [et al.] -- Multiparametric analysis of apoptosis by flow and image cytometry / William G. Telford, Akira Komoriya, and Beverly Z. Packard -- Detection and enrichment of hematopoietic stem cells by side population phenotype / Shannon S. Eaker ... [et al.] -- Hematopoietic stem cell characterization by Hoechst 33342 and Rhodamine 123 staining / Ivan Bertoncello and Brenda Williams --Phenotypic and functional analyses of human CD34neg hematopoietic precursors from mobilized peripheral blood / Douglas C. Dooley and Barbara K. Oppenlander -- Multiparameter flow cytometry of fluorescent protein reporters / Teresa S. Hawley ... [et al.] -- Analysis of fluorescent protein expressing cells by flow cytometry / Steven C. Pruitt, Lawrence M. Mielnicki, and Carleton C. Stewart -- Integrative flow cytometric and microarray approaches for use in transcriptional profiling / David W. Galbraith, Rangasamy Elumalai, and Fang Cheng Gong -- Flow cytometric analysis of fluorescence resonance energy transfer : a tool for high-throughput screening of molecular interactions in living cells / Francis Ka-Ming Chan and Kevin L. Holmes -- Design of a fluorescence-activated cell sorting-based mammalian protein-protein interaction trap / Sam Lievens ... [et al.] -- Flow cytometric screening of yeast surface display libraries / Michael Feldhaus and Robert Siegel -- Fluorescence resonance energy transfer based HIV-1 virion fusion assay -- Marielle Cavrois ... [et al.] -- Cell cycle analysis of asynchronous populations / Michael G. Ormerod -- Solid tumor DNA content analysis / Adel K. El-Naggar and Philippe Vielh --Concurrent flow cytometric analysis of DNA and RNA / Adel K. El-Naggar -- Telomere length measurement by fluorescenece in situ hybridization and flow cytometry / Veena Kapoor and William G. Telford -- Small lasers in flow cytometry / William G. Telford -- Viable infectious cell sorting in a BSL-3 facility / Stephen P. Perfetto ... [et al.].
- FNA cytology in the diagnosis of lymphoma 2009, KargerHistorical aspects -- Techniques -- Flow cytometry in fine-needle aspiration diagnosis of lymphomas / in collaboration with Anna Porwit-MacDonald -- B cell neoplasms -- T cell neoplasms -- Hodgkin lymphoma -- Lymphadenopathy in HIV-infected patients -- Histiocytic and dendritic neoplasms -- Extranodal lymphomas -- Lymphoma look-alike.
- Forensic histopathology 2011, SpringerIntroduction -- Staining Techniques and Microscopy -- Histopathology of Selected Trauma -- Histopathology and Drug Abuse -- Toxin- and Drug-Induced Pathologies -- Alcohol-Related Histopathology -- Heat, Fire, Electricity, Lightning, Radiation, and Gases -- Hypothermia -- Thrombosis and Embolism -- Vitality, Injury Age, Determination of Skin Wound Age, and Fracture Age -- Aspiration and Inhalation -- Forensic-Histological Diagnosis of Species, Gender, Age, and Identity -- Coronary Sclerosis, Myocardial Infarction, Myocarditis, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Anomalies, and the Cardiac Conduction System -- Vascular, Cardiac Valve, and Metabolic Diseases -- Lethal Infections, Sepsis, and Shock -- Endocrine Organs -- Pregnancy-Related Death, Death in Newborns, and Sudden Infant Death Syndrome -- Forensic Cytology -- Histothanatology: Autolysis, Putrefaction, Mummification -- Forensic Neuropathology.
- Forgotten cure 2012, Springer
- Frozen section library. Breast 2012, Springer
- Frozen section library. Genitourinary tract 2009, Springer
- Frozen section library. Lung 2009, Springer
- Frozen section library. Lymph nodes 2012, Springer
- Frozen section library. Pleura 2010, Springer
- G protein signaling Springer Protocols
- Genetically engineered mice for cancer research 2012, Springer
- Gold and silver staining 2002, CRCnetBASE1. Silver Stains for the Identification of Neuroendocrine Cell Types / L. Grimelius -- 2. Autometallographic Tracing of Gold, Silver, Bismuth, Mercury, and Zinc / G. Danscher, G. W. Hacker, and M. Stoltenberg -- 3. Silver- and Gold-Based Autometallography of Nanogold / J.E Hainfeld and R.D. Powell -- 4. Immunogold-Silver Staining for Light Microscopy Using Colloidal or Clustered Gold (Nanogold) / G.W. Hacker, A.L.M. Cheung, R.R. Tubbs, L. Grimelius, G. Danscher, and C. Hauser-Kronberger -- 5. The Protein A-Gold-Silver Staining Method / O. Fujimori -- 6. Microscopic Uses of Nanogold® / J.E Hainfeld, R.D. Powell, and FR. Furuya -- 7. Combined Fluorescent and Gold Probes for Microscopic and Morphological Investigations / R.D. Powell and J. Hainfeld -- 8. Detection of Human Papillomavirus by In Situ Hybridization Using an In Situ PCR Thermal Cycler / P. Jackson and F.A. Lewis -- 9. Supersensitive In Situ Hybridization by Tyramide Signal Amplification and Nanogold® Silver Staining: The Contribution of Autometallography and Catalyzed Reporter Deposition to the Rejuvenation of In Situ Hybridization / R.R. Tubbs, J. Pettay, T. Grogan, A.L.M. Cheung, R.D. Powell, J. Hainfeld, C. Hauser-Kronberger, and G.W. Hacker -- 10. Immunogold Labeling Techniques for Transmission Electron Microscopy: Applications in Cell and Molecular Biology / L. Lossi, P Aimar, E. Beltramo, and A. Merighi -- 11. Pre-Embedding Immunoelectron Microscopy with Nanogold® Immunolabeling, Silver Enhancement, and Its Stabilization by Gold / H. Sawada and M. Esaki -- 12. Gold Cluster Immunoprobes: Light and Electron Microscopy / J.M. Robinson, T. Takizawa, and D.D. Vandré -- 13. Highly Sensitive Ultrastructural Immunogold Detection Using Tyramide and Gold Enhancement / C. Schöfer and K. Weipoltshammer -- 14. In Situ Hybridization at the Electron Microscopic Level / C. Schöfer and K. Weipoltshammer -- 15. Immunogold-Silver Staining for Scanning Electron Microscopy in Cancer Research / B.-L. Wang, N. Flay, and G.W. Hacker -- 16. Immunogold-Silver Scanning Electron Microscopy Using Glycerol Liquid Substitution / J. Šamaj, H.-J. Ensikat, W. Barthlott, and D. Volkmann.
- Good laboratory practice. 2nd ed. 2005, Springer
- Guide to methods in the biomedical sciences 2005, Springer1. Detection and analysis of proteins -- 2. Detection and analysis of nucleic acids -- 3. Recombinant DNA techniques: cloning and manipulation of DNA -- 4. Antibody-based techniques -- 5. Microscopy: imaging of biological specimens -- 6. The derivation and manipulation of experimental animals in biomedical sciences.
- Guidelines for reports by autopsy pathologists 2008, SpringerAutopsy protocol -- Opinion reports -- Other reports -- Style -- Death certification -- Record retention.
- Handbook of autopsy practice. 4th ed. 2009, SpringerAutopsy techniques and procedures -- Ensuring quality in the hospital autopsy -- Principles of dissection -- Cardiovascular system -- Nervous system -- Eye and adnexa -- Autopsy laboratory -- Autopsy microbiology -- Autopsy chemistry -- Chromosome analysis of autopsy tissue -- Postmortem imaging techniques -- Autopsies of bodies containing radioactive materials -- The hospital autopsy report, death certification -- Medicolegal autopsy and postmortem toxicology -- Legal aspects of autopsy practice -- Fixation and transport of autopsy material -- Museum techniques.
- Handbook of pathophysiology. 3rd ed. 2008, Ovid
- Handbook of pediatric autopsy pathology 2005, SpringerGeneral principles -- Pediatric autopsy: fetus, newborn, and child -- Examination of the human embryo -- The placenta -- Hydrops -- Chromosomal defects -- Congenital abnormalities -- Cardiovascular system -- Respiratory system -- Gastrointestinal system -- Liver, gallbladder, biliary tract, and pancreas -- Renal system -- Male and female genitourinary systems -- Central nervous system -- Thymus, spleen, lymph nodes, and immunodeficiency -- Skeletal system -- The eye and adnexa sectioning -- Metabolic diseases -- Sudden infant death -- Pediatric forensic pathology -- Special procedures -- Infection control and biological hazards in the autopsy.
- Handbook of toxicologic pathology. 2nd ed. 2002, ScienceDirect
- Hematopathology. 1st ed. 2008, ScienceDirect
- Hemoglobin disorders 2003, Springer Protocols
- Blood platelets and Von Willebrand Disease -- Laboratory approach to thrombotic risk -- Antithrombotic therapy -- Overview of the immune system and immunologic disorders -- Immunoassays and immunochemistry -- Laboratory evaluation of the cellular immune system -- Laboratory evaluation of immunoglobin function and humoral immunity -- Mediators of inflammation: complement, cytokines, and adhesion molecules -- Human leukocyte antigen: the major histocompatibility complex of man -- The major histocompatibility complex and disease -- Immunodeficiency disorders -- Clinical and laboratory evaluation of systemic rheumatic diseases -- Vasculitis -- Organ-specific autoimmune diseases -- Allergic diseases -- Viral infections -- Chlamydial, rickettsial, and mycoplasmal infections -- Medical bacteriology -- In vitro testing of antimicrobial agents -- Spirochete infections -- Mycobacteria -- Mycotic diseases -- Medical parasitology -- Molecular pathology of infectious diseases -- Specimen collection and handling for diagnosis of infectious diseases -- Bioterrorism: microbiology -- Introduction to molecular pathology -- Molecular diagnostics: basic principles and techniques -- Polymerase chain reaction and other chain reaction amplification technology -- Hybridization array technologies -- Applications of cytogenetics in modern pathology -- Establishing a molecular diagnostics laboratory -- Molecular diagnosis of hematopoietic neoplasms -- Molecular diagnosis of genetic diseases -- Identity analysis: use of DNA polymorphisms in parentage and forensic testing -- Diagnostic and management of cancer using serologic tumor markers -- Oncoproteins and early tumor detection -- Diagnostic and prognostic impact of high-throughput genomic and proteomic technologies in the post-genomic era.General concepts and administrative issues -- Optimizing laboratory workflow and performance -- Pre-analysis -- Analysis: principles of instrumentation -- Analysis: clinical laboratory automation -- Point-of-care and physician office laboratories -- Post-analysis: medical decision-making -- Interpreting laboratory results -- Laboratory statistics -- Quality control -- Clinical laboratory informatics -- Financial management -- Biological, chemical and nuclear terrorism: role of the laboratory -- Evaluation of renal function, water, electrolytes and acid-base balance -- Biochemical markers of bone metabolism -- Carbohydrates -- Lipids and dyslipoproteinemia -- Evaluation of cardiac injury and function -- Specific proteins -- Clinical enzymology -- Evaluation of liver function -- Laboratory diagnosis of gastrointestinal and pancreatic disorders -- Toxicology and therapeutic drug monitoring -- Evaluation of endocrine function -- Reproductive function and pregnancy -- Vitamins and trace elements -- Basic examination of urine -- Cerebrospinal, synovial, and serous body fluids -- Basic examination of blood and bone marrow -- Hematopoiesis -- Erythrocytic disorders -- Leukocytic disorders -- The flow cytometric evaluation of hematopoietic neoplasia -- Immunohematology -- Transfusion medicine -- Hemapheresis -- Tissue banking and progenitor cells -- Coagulation and fibrinolysis --
- Pt. 1. The clinical laboratory. -- General concepts and administrative issues -- Optimizing laboratory workflow and performance -- Pre-analysis -- Analysis: principles of instrumentation -- Analysis: clinical laboratory automation -- Point-of-care and physician office laboratories -- Post-analysis: medical decision-making -- Interpreting laboratory results -- Laboratory statistics -- Quality control -- Clinical laboratory informatics -- Financial management -- Biological, chemical and nuclear terrorism: role of the laboratory -- Pt. 2. Clinical chemistry. -- Evaluation of renal function, water, electrolytes and acid-base balance -- Biochemical markers of bone metabolism -- Carbohydrates -- Lipids and dyslipoproteinemia -- Cardiac injury, atherosclerosis, and thrombotic disease -- Specific proteins -- Clinical enzymology -- Evaluation of liver function -- Laboratory diagnosis of gastrointestinal and pancreatic disorders -- Toxicology and therapeutic drug monitoring -- Evaluation of endocrine function -- Reproductive function and pregnancy -- Vitamins and trace elements -- Chemical basis for analyte assays and common interferences -- Pt. 3. Urine and other body fluids. -- Basic examination of urine -- Cerebrospinal, synovial, and serous body fluids -- Pt. 4. Hematology, coagulation, and transfusion medicine. -- Basic examination of blood and bone marrow -- Hematopoiesis -- Erythrocytic disorders -- Leukocytic disorders -- The flow cytometric evaluation of hematopoietic neoplasia -- Immunohematology -- Transfusion medicine -- Hemapheresis -- Tissue banking and progenitor cells -- Pt. 5. Hemostasis and thrombosis. -- Coagulation and fibrinolysis -- Blood platelets and Von Willebrand Disease -- Laboratory approach to thrombotic risk -- Antithrombotic therapy -- Pt. 6. Immunology and immunopathology. -- Overview of the immune system and immunologic disorders -- Immunoassays and immunochemistry -- Laboratory evaluation of the cellular immune system -- Laboratory evaluation of immunoglobin function and humoral immunity -- Mediators of inflammation: complement, cytokines, and adhesion molecules -- Human leukocyte antigen: the major histocompatibility complex of man -- The major histocompatibility complex and disease -- Immunodeficiency disorders -- Clinical and laboratory evaluation of systemic rheumatic diseases -- Vasculitis -- Organ-specific autoimmune diseases -- Allergic diseases --Pt. 7. Medical microbiology. -- Viral infections -- Chlamydial, rickettsial, and mycoplasmal infections -- Medical bacteriology -- In vitro testing of antimicrobial agents -- Spirochete infections -- Mycobacteria -- Mycotic diseases -- Medical parasitology -- Specimen collection and handling for diagnosis of infectious diseases -- Pt. 8. Molecular pathology. -- Introduction to molecular pathology -- Molecular diagnostics: basic principles and techniques -- Polymerase chain reaction and other chain reaction amplification technology -- Hybridization array technologies -- Applications of cytogenetics in modern pathology -- Establishing a molecular diagnostics laboratory -- Molecular diagnosis of genetic diseases -- Identity analysis: use of DNA polymorphisms in parentage and forensic testing -- Pharmacogenomics and personalized medicine -- Pt. 9. Clinical pathology of cancer -- Diagnostic and management of cancer using serologic tumor markers -- Oncoproteins and early tumor detection -- Molecular diagnosis of hematopoietic neoplasms -- Molecular genetic pathology of solid tumors -- High-throughput genomic and proteomic technologies in the post-genomic era -- Appendix 1. Physiologic solutions, buffers, acid-base indicators, standard reference materials, and temperature conversions -- Appendix 3. Desirable weights, body surface area, and body mass index (BMI) -- Appendix 1. Approximations of total blood volume (TBV) -- Appendix 4. Periodic table of the elements -- Appendix 5. SI units -- Appendix 6. Common chimeric genes identified in human malignancies -- Appendix 7. Disease/organ panels -- Guidelines for ordering blood for elective surgery
- Humanized mice 2008, SpringerBasic Concept of Development and Practical Application of Animal Models for Human Diseases / Tatsuji Nomura, N. Tamaoki, A. Takakura and H. Suemizu, p. 25-51-- Humanized SCID Mouse Models for Biomedical Research / T. Pearson, D. L. Greiner and L. D. Shultz, p. 53-76 -- NOD/Shi-scid IL2rγnull (NOG) Mice More Appropriate for Humanized Mouse Models / M. Ito, K. Kobayashi and T. Nakahata, p. 77-86 -- Humanizing Bone Marrow in Immune-Deficient Mice / K. Ando, Y. Muguruma and T. Yahata, p. 87-94 -- The Differentiative and Regenerative Properties of Human Hematopoietic Stem/Progenitor cells in NOD-SCID/IL2rγnull Mice / F. Ishikawa, Y. Saito, S. Yoshida, M. Harada and L. D. Shultz, p. 95-107 -- Antigen-Specific Antibody Production of Human B Cells in NOG Mice Reconstituted with the Human Immune System / M. Ito, M. Shiina, Y. Saito, Y. Tokuda and Y. Kametani, et al., p. 109-124 -- Humanized Immune System (HIS) Mice as a Tool to Study Human NK Cell Development / N. D. Huntington and J. P. Di Santo, p. 125-131 -- Human T Cell Development and HIV Infection in Human Hemato-Lymphoid System Mice / S. Baenziger, P. Ziegler, L. Mazzucchelli, L. Bronz and R. F. Speck, et al., p. 133-148 -- Humanized Mice for Human Retrovirus Infection / Y. Koyanagi, Y. Tanaka, M. Ito and N. Yamamoto, p. 149-165 -- Functional and Phenotypic Characterization of the Humanized BLT Mouse Model / A. K. Wege, M. W. Melkus, P. W. Denton, J. D. Estes and J. V. Garcia, p. 167-177 -- Novel Metastasis Models of Human Cancer in NOG Mice / M. Nakamura and H. Suemizu, p. 179-196 -- In Vivo Imaging in Humanized Mice / H. Masuda, H. J. Okano, T. Maruyama, Y. Yoshimura and H. Okano, et al.
- Identification of pathological conditions in human skeletal remains. 2nd ed. 2003, ScienceDirect
- Imaging cellular and molecular biological functions 2007, SpringerConsiderations for routine imaging -- Entering the portal: understanding the digital image recorded through a microscope -- Quantitative biological image analysis -- The open microscopy environment: a collaborative data modeling and software development project for biological image informatics -- Design and function of a light-microscopy facility -- Advanced methods and concepts -- Quantitative colocalisation imaging: concepts, measurements, and pitfalls -- Quantitative FRET microscopy of live cells -- Flourescence photobleaching and flourescence correlation spectroscopy: two complementary technologies to study molecular dynamics in living cells -- Single fluorescent molecule tracking in live cells -- From live-cell microscopy to molecular mechanisms: deciphering the functions of kinetochore proteins -- Cutting edge applications & utilities -- Towards imaging the dynamics of protein signalling -- New technologies for imaging and analysis of individual microbial cells -- Imaging parasites in vivo -- Computer-assisted systems for dynamic 3D reconstruction and motion analysis of living cells -- High-throughput/high-content automated image acquisition and analysis -- Cognition network technology: a novel multimodal image analysis technique for automatic identification and quantification of biological image contents -- High-content phenotypic cell-based assays.
- Immunological tolerance 2007, Springer Protocols
- Implementing quality in laboratory policies and processes 2010, CRCnetBASE
- In situ detection of DNA damage 2002, Springer Protocols
- In vivo models of inflammation. 2nd ed. v. 1-2, 2006., SpringerFulltext (v. 2) Springer
- Inflammation protocols 2003, Springer Protocols
- Inflammation, lifestyle, and chronic disease 2012, CRCnetBASE"Oxidative stress and inflammation are among the most important factors of disease. Chronic infections, obesity, alcohol and tobacco usage, radiation, environmental pollutants, and high-calorie diets have been recognized as major risk factors for a variety of chronic diseases from cancer to metabolic diseases. All these risk factors are linked to chronic diseases through inflammation. While short-term, acute inflammation generated by the immune system serves a therapeutic role, chronic low-level inflammation that may persist "silently" for decades is responsible for chronic diseases. Inflammation, Lifestyle, and Chronic Diseases: The Silent Link describes the role of dysregulated inflammation in persistent and recurring diseases. It investigates links to lifestyle and presents research on how the suppression of proinflammatory pathways may provide opportunities for both prevention and treatment of chronic diseases. The book covers neurodegenerative diseases, pulmonary diseases, asthma, rheumatic and arthritic diseases, skin disease, heart disease, chronic wounds, infectious disease, neuropsychiatric disorders such as depression, gastrointestinal diseases, insulin resistance, and cancer, many of which are also diseases of old age. For each chronic disease, contributors review the clinical and scientific literature and examine current and potential therapies, including conventional pharmacotherapies as well as natural products. Noting that the long-term use of steroids and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) can cause adverse side effects, many of the chapters address the role of dietary agents such as fruits, vegetables, legumes, pulses, nuts, and spices as ideal anti-inflammatory agents that can be consumed regularly. The book also suggests directions for further research. Clinical and science researchers, students, and health professionals interested in the link between inflammation, lifestyle, and chronic diseases will find this an informative resource"--Provided by publisher.
- Informatics for the clinical laboratory 2005, Springer
- Ingenix CPT with RVUs data file 2011, STAT!Ref
- Interpretation of diagnostic tests. 8th ed. 2007, OvidIntroduction to normal values (reference ranges) -- Critical values -- Core blood analytes: alterations by diseases -- Urine -- Cardiovascular diseases -- Respiratory diseases -- Gastrointestinal diseases -- Hepatobiliary diseases and diseases of the pancreas -- Central and peripheral nervous system disorders -- Musculoskeletal and joint diseases -- Hematology -- Metabolic and hereditary disorders -- Endocrine diseases -- Genitourinary diseases -- Infectious diseases -- Autoimmune and miscellaneous diseases -- Disorders due to physical and chemical agents -- Therapeutic drug monitoring and drug effects -- Body substances.
- Intra-operative neuropathology for the non-neuropathologist 2012, Springer
- Laboratory biosecurity handbook 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Laboratory hemostasis 2007, Springer
- Laboratory primate 2005, ScienceDirect
- Lymph node cytopathology 2011, Springer
- MacSween's Pathology of the liver. 6th ed. 2011, ScienceDirectAnatomy, pathophysiology and basic mechanisms of disease / James M. Crawford and Alastair D. Burt -- Cellular and molecular techniques / Pierre Bedossa and Valerie Paradis -- Developmental abnormalities and liver disease in childhood / Bernard C. Portmann and Eve A. Roberts -- Genetic and metabolic liver disease / Richard J. Thompson, Bernard C. Portmann and Eve A. Roberts -- Disorders of iron overload / Alan C. Paterson and Antonello Pietrangelo -- Fatty liver disease : alcoholic and non-alcoholic / Elizabeth M. Brunt, Brent A. Neuschwander-Tetri and Alastair D. Burt -- Acute and chronic viral hepatitis / Neil D. Theise, Henry C. Bodenheimer Jr. and Linda D. Ferrell -- Other viral and infectious diseases and HIV-related liver disease / Sebastian B. Lucas, Sherif R. Zaki and Bernard C. Portmann -- Autoimmune hepatitis / M. Kay Washington and Michael P. Manns -- Diseases of the bile ducts / Yasuni Nakanuma, Yoh Zen and Bernard C. Portmann -- Diseases of the gallbladder / Jorge Albores-Saavedra and Arturo Angeles-Angeles -- Vascular disorders / Ian R. Wanless and Weei-Yuarn Huang -- Hepatic injury due to drugs, herbal compounds, chemicals and toxins / James H. Lewis and David E. Kleiner -- Tumours and tumour-like lesions of the liver / Zachary D. Goodman, Luigi M. Terracciano and Aileen Wee -- Transplantation pathology / Stefan G. Hübscher and Andrew D. Clouston -- Systemic disease / Alberto Quaglia ... [et. al].
- Diagnostic testing -- Blood studies : hematology and coagulation -- Urine studies -- Stool studies -- Cerebrospinal fluid studies -- Chemistry studies -- Microbiologic studies -- Immunodiagnostic studies -- Nuclear medicine studies -- X-ray studies -- Cytologic, histologic, and genetic studies -- Endoscopic studies -- Ultrasound studies -- Pulmonary function, arterial blood gases (ABGs), and electrolyte studies -- Prenatal diagnosis and tests of fetal well-being -- Special diagnostic, special specimen collection, and postmortem studies.
- Medical biomethods handbook 2005, SpringerFulltext Springer ProtocolsBasic techniques in molecular biology / Ralph Rapley -- Probe design, production, and applications / Marilena Aquino de Muro -- Restriction enzymes: tools in clinical research / Gareth J.S. Jenkins -- Southern blotting as a diagnostic method / Bronwen Harvey and Pirkko Soundy -- Western blotting as a diagnostic method / Pirkko Soundy and Bronwen Harvey -- Principles and medical applications of the polymerase chain reaction / Bimal D. M. Theophilus -- Single strand conformation polymorphism (SSCP) analysis / Igor Vorechovsky -- Denaturing gradient gel electrophoresis (DGGE) / Jeroen H. Roelfsema and Dorien J.M. Peters -- Quantitative analysis of DNA sequences by PCR and solid phase sequencing / Anu Suomalainen and Ann-Christine Syvänen -- Introduction to capillary electrophoresis of DNA: biomedical applications / Beatriz Sanchez-Vega -- Mapping techniques / Simon G. Gregory --Dideoxyfingerprinting for mutation detection / Ioannis Bossis, Antonios Voutetakis, and Constantine A. Stratakis -- Conformation sensitive gel electrophoresis / Marian Hill -- Amplification refractory mutation system and molecular diagnostics / Richard Kitching and Arun Seth -- Ligase chain reaction / Carla Osiowy -- Chemical cleavage of mismatch: theory and clinical applications / Neil V. Whittock and Louise Izatt -- The protein truncation test / Johan T. den Dunnen -- Linkage, allele sharing, and association / Mara Giordano -- Single nucleotide polymorphisms: technology and applications / Cyril Mamotte, Frank Christiansen, and Lyle J. Palmer -- cDNA microarrays / Philip G. Febbo -- Nucleic acid sequence-based amplification / Katherine Loens, D. Ursi, H. Goosens, and M. Ieven -- The oligonucleotide ligation assay / Faye A. Eggerding --Quantitative taqman real-time PCR: diagnostic and scientific applications / Jörg Dötsch, Ellen Schoof, and Wolfgang Rascher -- Use of denaturing high-performance liquid chromatography in molecular medicine / Elizabeth L. Rugg and Gareth J. Magee -- Quantitative PCR / David Sugden -- Liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry of nucleic acids / Herbert Oberacher and Walther Parson -- Comparative genomic hybridization in clinical and medical research / Peng-Hui Wang, Yann-Jang Chen, and Chi-Hung Lin -- Bioinformatics tools for gene and protein sequence analysis / Bernd H.A. Rehm and Frank Reinecke -- In situ hybridization / Amanda D. Watters -- Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay / William J. Jordan -- Protein therapeutics: mouse, humanized, and human antibodies / Benny K.C. Lo -- Karyotyping / Avery A. Sandberg, John F. Stone, and Zhong Chen --Microsatellite analysis / Rachel E. Ibbotson and Anton E. Parker -- Analysis of chromosomal translocations / Andreas Hochhaus -- Differential display: theory and applications / Irina Gromova, Pavel Gromov, and Julio E. Celis -- Techniques for gene expression profiling / Mark P. Richards -- Capillary electrophoresis in clinical analysis / Margaret A. Jenkins and Sujiva Ratnaike -- Flow cytometry in the biomedical arena / James L. Weaver and Maryalice Stetler-Stevenson -- Immunocytochemistry / Patricia A. Fetsch -- Ribotyping in clinical microbiology / Patricia Severino and Sylvain Brisse -- Diagnostic applications of protein microarrays / Samir Hanash -- The human genome project / Rahul Chodhari and Eddie Chung -- Prenatal diagnosis of inborn errors of metabolism / Guy T.N. Besley -- Gene therapy: methods and application / Stella B. Somiari.
- Methods in biological oxidative stress 2003, Springer Protocols
- Microchip methods in diagnostics 2009, Springer ProtocolsDNA microarrays: an introduction to the technology /Ursula Bilitewski --Discussion of the applicability of microarrays: profiling of leukemias /Torsten Haferlach ... [et al.] --Expression profiling using Affymetrix GeneChip microarrays /Herbert Auer, David L. Newsom, and Karl Kornacker --Genotyping of mutation in the beta-globin gene using DNA microarrays /Martin Dufva and Lena Poulsen --Antibody-based microarrays /Christer Wingren and Carl A.K. Borrebaeck --Application of protein ArrayTubes to bacteria, toxin, and biological warfare agent detection /Ralf Ehricht ... [et al.] --Detection of known allergen-specific IgE antibodies by immunological methods /Barbara I. Fall and Reinhard NieSner --Peptide microarrays for serum antibody diagnostics /Heiko Andresen and Frank F. Bier --Microchips for cell-based assays /Martin Dufva --Bio-cell chip fabrication and applications /Honggu Chun, Dong Soon Lee, and Hee Chan Kim --Microchip capillary electrophoresis /Elaine T.T. Tay ... [et al.] --Detection of enteropathogenic Escherichia Coli by microship capillary electrophoresis /Wai S. Law, Sam F.Y. Li, and Larry J. Kricka.
- Modern clinical molecular techniques 2012, SpringerPart 1.Current Molecular Laboratory Methods --Specimen Collection, Handling, and Processing /Lindsy Hengesbach and John A. Gerlach --DNA/RNA Isolation and Quantitation /Jing Wang --Test Validation /Cindy McCloskey and S. Terence Dunn --In Vitro Amplification Methods in Molecular Diagnostics /C. Alexander Valencia and Bradford Coffee --Whole Genome Sequencing in the Clinical Laboratory /Tina Hambuch, Brad Sickler, Arnold Liao, Suneer Jain and Philip D. Cotter --Estimation of Exon Dosage Using Real-Time Quantitative Polymerase Chain Reaction /Applications to Factor VIII Gene in Hemophilia A and Endoglin/ACVRL1 Genes in Hereditary Hemorrhagic Telangiectasia /Juliana Purrazzella and Arupa Ganguly --Reporting Clinical Molecular Genetic Laboratory Results /Victor Wei Zhang and Lora J. H. Bean --Part 2.Clinical Molecular Infectious Disease Testing --HIV-1 Genotyping and Virtual Phenotyping /Fangling Xu and Jianli Dong --COBAS® AmpliPrep/COBAS® TaqMan® HIV-1 Test, Version 2.0 /Tavat A. Buraruk and Charles E. Stager --Hepatitis C Virus (HCV) Genotype Assay (LiPA) /Charles E. Stager and Tavat A. Buraruk --COBAS® AmpliPrep/COBAS® TaqMan® HCV Test /Charles E. Stager and Tavat A. Buraruk --Epstein-Barr Virus and Cytomegalovirus Viral Load Monitoring by Quantitative Real-Time Polymerase Chain Reaction /Su S. Chen, Seema Hai, Margaret L. Gulley and Rajyalakshmi Luthra --Quantification of BK Viral Load /Hai Wu and Jianli Dong.Molecular Diagnosis and Epidemiology of Rabies /Rodney E. Rohde and Bonny C. Mayes --Pyrosequencing for Bacterial Identification /Laura Millecker and Ruth Ann Luna --Other Pathogens of Significant Public Health Concern /Chris L. McGowin, Rodney E. Rohde and Greg C. Whitlock --Part 3.Clinical Molecular Oncology Testing --Gene Rearrangements Testing /Siby Sebastian, Juan Du and Rizwan Naeem --Mutation Analysis in Cancer /Keyur Pravinchandra Patel, John Galbincea and Rajyalakshmi Luthra --Minimal Residual Disease /Wesley O. Greaves and Rajyalakshmi Luthra --Pyrosequencing in Cancer /Shalini Verma, Bedia A. Barkoh and Rajyalakshmi Luthra --Clinical Applications of Microarrays in Cancer /Marilyn M. Li, Ankita Patel and Xiaofeng Hu --Basic Theories and Clinical Applications of Molecular Flow Cytometry /Hua-Kang Wu, Hongli Chen and Peter C. Hu --Part 4.Clinical Molecular Pre/Postnatal Testing --Molecular Prenatal Diagnostic Testing /Joanna Wiszniewska and Christine M. Eng --PCR Based Diagnosis of Fragile X Syndrome /Daniel J. Dykas and Allen E. Bale --Part 5.Human Identity Testing --Microsatellite Testing Short Tandem Repeat Profile Generation /Robin DeVille Guidry and Laura Gahn --Parentage /Laura Gahn and Robin DeVille Guidry --Part 6.Clinical Molecular Training --Diagnostic Molecular Training /Peter C. Hu, Patrick Alan Lennon and Madhuri R. Hegde --Molecular Diagnostics Point of Care Testing Training /Chang W. Lee and Peter C. Hu.
- Molecular basis of health and disease 2011, Springer
- Molecular Diagnostics in Dermatology and Dermatopathology 2011, Springer
- Molecular pathology in clinical practice 2007, SpringerBasics of molecular biology -- Molecular pathology methods -- Genetic counseling -- Pedigree analysis and risk assessment -- Bayesian analysis -- Developmental disabilities -- Neuromuscular diseases -- Molecular genetic testing for metabolic disorders -- Fibroblast growth factor receptor-related skeletal disorders -- Cystic fibrosis -- Deafness -- Coagulation disorders -- Hematologic disorders : hemochromatosis, hemoglobinopathies, and Rh incompatibility --Cardiovascular disease -- Neurodegenerative disorders -- Skin and connective tissue disorders -- Inherited breast cancer -- Familial adenomatous polyposis and Turcot and Peutz-Jeghers syndromes -- Hereditary nonpolyposis colorectal cancer -- Multiple endocrine neoplasia syndromes -- The neurofibromatoses -- TP53 mutation and Li-Fraumeni syndrome -- von Hippel-Lindau disease -- Breast cancer -- Urothelial carcinoma -- Sarcomas -- Gliomas --Molecular detection of occult tumor cells -- Microarray studies (Beyond histology) -- Acute myeloid leukemia -- Acute lymphoblastic leukemia -- B-cell lymphomas -- T-cell lymphomas -- Lymphoproliferations of immunodeficiency -- Myeloproliferative disorders and myelodysplastic syndromes -- Human immunodeficiency virus type 1 -- Hepatitis B and C viruses -- Viral infections in transplant patients -- Viral infections of the central nervous system --Sexually transmitted diseases -- Respiratory pathogens -- Bacterial pathogens -- Mycobacterial infections -- Forensic DNA typing -- Parentage and relationship testing -- Assessment of chimerism in the setting of allogenic hematopoietic cell transplantation -- Specimen identification through DNA analysis -- Molecular HLA typing -- Molecular pathology laboratory management -- From research to clinical practice.
- Molecular pathology of endocrine diseases 2010, SpringerMolecular oncogenesis -- Systematic autoimmune diseases -- MicroRNAs in endocrine diseases -- Clinical detection and treatment of thyroid diseases -- Autoimmune thyroid diseases -- Benign nodular thyroid disease -- Fine needle aspiration: present and future -- Well-differentiated papillary thyroid carcinoma -- Well-differentiated thyroid follicular carcinoma -- Poorly differentiated and undifferentiated thyroid carcinomas -- Medullary thyroid carcinoma -- Unusual thyroid tumors -- Hematopoietic tumors of the thyroid -- Clinical detection and treatment of parathyroid diseases -- Nonneoplastic parathyroid diseases -- Neoplastic parathyroid diseases -- Clinical detection and treatment of benign and malignant pituitary diseases -- Nonneoplastic and neoplastic pituitary diseases -- Clinical detection and treatment of adrenal disease -- Benign and malignant pheochromocytomas and paragangliomas -- Benign and malignant diseases of the adrenal cortex -- Clinical detection and treatment of pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors -- Pancreatic endocrine neoplasms -- Gastrointestinal neuroendocrine tumors -- Head and neck neuroendocrine tumors -- Merkel cell carcinoma -- Neuroendocrine lung tumors.
- Molecular pathology of hematolymphoid diseases 2010, SpringerSection I. Molecular Pathology of Hematolymphoid Neoplasms: General Principles -- Molecular Oncogenesis / Aniruddha J. Deshpande, Christian Buske, Leticia Quintanilla-Martinez, and Falko Fend -- Genetic Predispositions for Hematologic and Lymphoid Disorders / Frederick G. Behm -- Prognostic Markers / David Bahler -- Cancer Stem Cells: Potential Targets for Molecular Medicine / Isabel G. Newton and Catriona H.M. Jamieson -- Gene Therapy for Leukemia and Lymphoma / Xiaopei Huang and Yiping Yang -- Chemical and Environmental Agents (Including Chemotherapeutic Agents and Immunosuppression) / Richard J.Q. McNally -- Viral Oncogenesis / Alexander A. Benders and Margaret L. Gulley -- Section II. Specific Techniques and Their Applications in Molecular Hematopathology -- Techniques to Determine Clonality in Hematolymphoid Malignancies / Daniel E. Sabath -- Techniques to Detect Defining Chromosomal Translocations/Abnormalities / Jennifer J.D. Morrissette, Karen Weck, and Cherie H. Dunphy -- Molecular Techniques to Detect Disease and Response to Therapy: Minimal Residual Disease / Marie E. Beckner and Jeffrey A. Kant -- Detection of Resistance to Therapy in Hematolymphoid Neoplasms / Karen Weck -- Monitoring Engraftment of Bone Marrow Transplant by DNA Fingerprinting / Jessica K. Booker -- Gene Expression Profiling / Cherie H. Dunphy -- Proteomics of Human Malignant Lymphoma / Megan S. Lim, Rodney R. Miles, and Kojo S.J. Elenitoba-Johnson -- Mouse Models of Hematolymphoid Malignancies / Krista M.D. La Perle and Suzana S. Couto -- Section III. Molecular Pathology of Hematolymphoid Neoplasms: Specific Subtypes -- Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia/Small Lymphocytic Lymphoma / Patricia Aoun -- Marginal Zone B-Cell Lymphoma / Lynne V. Abruzzo and Rachel L. Sargent -- Lymphoplasmacytic Lymphoma / Pei Lin -- Molecular Pathology of Plasma Cell Neoplasms / James R. Cook -- The Roles of Molecular Techniques in the Diagnosis and Management of Follicular Lymphoma / W. Richard Burack -- Mantle Cell Lymphoma / Kai Fu and Qinglong Hu -- Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphomas / Cherie H. Dunphy --The Molecular Pathology of Burkitt Lymphoma / Claudio Mosse and Karen Weck -- Precursor B-Cell Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia / Julie M. Gastier-Foster -- Molecular Genetics of Mature T/NK Neoplasms / John P. Greer, Utpal P. Davé, Nishitha Reddy, Christine M. Lovly, and Claudio A. Mosse -- Precursor T-Cell Neoplasms / Kim De Keersmaecker and Adolfo Ferrando -- Classical Hodgkin Lymphoma and Nodular Lymphocyte-Predominant Hodgkin Lymphoma / Michele Roullet and Adam Bagg -- Posttransplant Lymphoproliferative Disorder / Margaret L. Gulley -- AIDS-Related Lymphomas / Amy Chadburn and Ethel Cesarman -- Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia / Dan Jones -- Molecular Pathogenesis of Nonchronic Myeloid Leukemia Myeloproliferative Neoplasms / Mike Perez and Chung-Che (Jeff) Chang -- Molecular Pathology of Myelodysplastic/Myeloproliferative Neoplasms, Myeloid, and Lymphoid Neoplasms with Eosinophilia and Abnormalities of PDGFRA, PDGFRB, and FGFR1, and Mastocytosis / Robert P. Hasserjian -- Molecular Pathogenesis of Myelodysplastic Syndromes / Jesalyn J. Taylor and Chung-Che "Jeff" Chang -- Acute Myeloid Leukemias with Recurrent Cytogenetic Abnormalities / Sergej Konoplev and Carlos Bueso-Ramos -- Acute Myeloid Leukemias with Normal Cytogenetics / Sergej Konoplev and Carlos Bueso-Ramos -- Acute Myeloid Leukemia with Myelodysplasia-Related Changes and Therapy-Related Acute Myeloid Leukemia / Sergej N. Konoplev and Carlos E. Bueso-Ramos -- Molecular Pathology of Hemoglobin and Erythrocyte Membrane Disorders / Murat O. Arcasoy and Patrick G. Gallagher -- White Blood Cell and Immunodeficiency Disorders / John F. Bastian and Michelle Hernandez -- Molecular Basis of Disorders of Hemostasis and Thrombosis / Alice Ma -- Sarcoidosis: Are There Sarcoidosis Genes? / Helmut H. Popper -- Castleman's Disease / Richard Flavin, Cara M. Martin, Orla Sheils, and John James O'Leary -- Molecular Pathology of Histiocytic Disorders / Mihaela Onciu -- Reactive Lymphadenopathies: Molecular Analysis / Dennis P. O'Malley -- Molecular Pathology of Infectious Lymphadenitides / Kristin Fiebelkorn -- Gene Therapy for Nonneoplastic Hematologic and Histiocytic Disorders / Kareem N. Washington, John F. Tisdale, and Matthew M. Hsieh.
- Molecular pathology of pituitary adenomas. 1st ed. 2012, ScienceDirectPituitary tumor classification : functionality, invasiveness, and aggressiveness -- Immunohistochemistry and electron microscopy as evaluation criteria in tumor classification in the deciphering of pituitary adenomas -- Proliferation -- Angiogenesis -- Apoptosis -- Signal transduction -- Stem cell markers in pituitary adenomas -- MicroRNAs -- New generic tools for diagnosis: genomics and proteomics -- Therapeutic approaches: drug, surgical, and radiotherapy.
- Mouse models of human blood cancers 2008, Springer
- Non-fibrillar amyloidogenic protein assemblies 2012, Springer
- Nucleic acid testing for human disease 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Operated heart at autopsy 2009, Springer
- Oxygen biology and hypoxia 2007, ScienceDirect
- Pancreatic cytopathology 2007, SpringerIntroduction to Pancreatic Cytopathology -- Pancreatic Cytopathology: A Pragmatic Approach -- Pancreatic Ductal Adenocarcinoma and Its Variants -- Ancillary Testing for the Diagnosis of Pancreatic Ductal Adenocarcinoma -- Acinar Cell Carcinoma -- Pancreatoblastoma -- Solid-Pseudopapillary Neoplasm -- Pancreatic Endocrine Tumors -- Cystic Muscus-Producing Neoplasia: Intraductal Papillary Mucinous Neoplasms and Mucinous Cystic Neoplasms -- Other Cystic Lesions of the Pancreas -- Inflammatory Disease of the Pancreas -- Secondary Malignancies of the Pancreas.
- Pathophysiology of disease 2003 (4th ed.)-2006 (5th ed.)., AccessMedicine2003 (4th ed.) AccessMedicine
- Pediatric pathology. 2nd ed. 2001, Ovid
- Pocket guide to diagnostic tests 2008, AccessMedicine
- Practical guide to frozen section technique 2010, SpringerUnderstanding and Maintaining the Cryostat / Philip Hyam -- Gross Examination of Tissues in the Frozen Section Room / Stephen R. Peters -- Embedding of Tissue for Frozen Section / Stephen R. Peters -- Cutting the Frozen Section / Stephen R. Peters -- Variables Affecting the Cutting Properties of Tissues and the Resulting Artifacts / Stephen R. Peters -- Fixation, Staining and Coverslipping of Frozen Section Slides / Stephen R. Peters and Catherine Susan Delia -- Microscopic Interpretation in the Frozen Section Setting / Stephen R. Peters -- Frozen Section Techniques Used in Mohs Micrographic Surgery / Barbara Beck and Stephen R. Peters -- Frozen Section Technique in the Animal Research Setting / Charles W. Scouten.
- Protein misfolding and cellular stress in disease and aging 2010, Springer ProtocolsProtein misfolding and celluar stress : an overview / Niels Gregersen and Peter Bross -- Protein aggregation diseases : toxicity of soluble prefibrillar aggregates and their clinical significance / Massimo Stefani -- Consequences of stress in the secretary pathway : the ER stress response and its role in the metabolic syndrome / Martin Schröder and Louise Sutcliffe -- What role does mitochondrial stress play in neurodegenerative diseases? / Alicia Mae Pickrell and Carlos Torres Moraes -- Autophagy in disease / Dalibor Mijaljica, Mark Prescott, and Rodney J. Devenish -- Mitophagy and mitoptosis in disease processes / Dalibor Mijaljica, Mark Prescott, and Rodney J. Devenish -- Cellular stress and protein misfolding during aging / Rajiv Vaid Basaiawmoit and Suresh I.S. Rattan -- Measuring consequences of protein misfolding and cellular stress using OMICS techniques / Peter Bross ... [et al.] -- Production of cells with targeted integration of gene variants of human ABC transporter for stable and regulated expression using the Flp recombinase system / Kanako Wakabayashi-Nakao ... [et al.] -- Stress response profile in human fribroblasts exposed to heat shock or oxidative stress / Christina Bak Pedersen and Niels Gregersen -- Examining ubiquitinated protein aggregates in tissue sections / Natalia A. Kaniuk and John H. Brumell -- Determination of proteasomal activities / Cristovao F. Lima and Suresh I.S. Rattan -- Measurement of autophagy in cells and tissues / Isei Tanida and Satoshi Waguri -- Transcription factor sequestration by polyglutamine proteins / Tomoyuki Yamanaka and Nobuyuki Nukina -- Biological membranes as protein aggregation matrices and targets of amyloid toxicity / Monica Bucciantini and Cristina Cecchi -- Measurement of mitochondrial ROS production / Anatoly A. Starkov -- In vivo detection of oxidized proteins : a practical approach to tissue-derived mitochondria / Francesca Maltecca and Giorgio Casari -- Measurement of oxidized/reduced glutathione ratio / Joshua B. Owen and D. Allan Butterfield -- Determination of altered mitochondria ultrastructure by electron microscopy / Shoichi Sasaki -- Assessing bad sub-cellular localization under conditions associated with prevention or promotion of mitochondrial permeability transition-dependent toxicity / Liana Cerioni and Orazio Cantoni -- A cellular viability assay to monitor drug toxicity / Jakob Hansen and Peter Bross -- Rescue of misfolded proteins and stabilization by small molecules / Raymond C. Stevens, javier Sancho, and Aurora Martinez.
- Protein misfolding and disease 2003, Springer Protocols
- Protein misfolding, aggregation, and conformational diseases. Part A, Protein aggregation and conformational diseases 2006, Springer
- Proteins of the cerebrospinal fluid. 2nd ed. 2005, ScienceDirect
- Pulmonary function tests in clinical practice 2009, Springer
- Resolution of inflammation 2008, Springer
- Rosen's Breast pathology. 2nd ed. 2001, OvidCh. 1. Anatomy and physiologic morphology -- Ch. 2. Abnormalities of mammary growth and development -- Ch. 3. Inflammatory and reactive tumors -- Ch. 4. Specific infections -- Ch. 5. Papilloma and related benign tumors -- Ch. 6. Myoepithelial neoplasms -- Ch. 7. Adenosis and microglandular adenosis -- Ch. 8. Fibroepithelial neoplasms -- Ch. 9. Ductal hyperplasia: ordinary and atypical -- Ch. 10. Precancerous breast disease: epidemiologic, pathologic, and clinical considerations -- Ch. 11. In Situ (intraepithelial) carcinoma: an overview -- Ch. 12. Staging of breast carcinoma -- Ch. 13. Intraductal carcinoma -- Ch. 14. Invasive duct carcinoma: assessment of prognosis, morphologic prognostic markers, and tumor growth rate -- Ch. 15. Tubular carcinoma -- Ch. 16. Papillary carcinoma -- Ch. 17. Medullary carcinoma -- Ch. 18. Carcinoma with metaplasia -- Ch. 19. Squamous carcinoma -- Ch. 20. Mucinous carcinoma -- Ch. 21. Apocrine carcinoma -- Ch. 22. Mammary carcinoma with endocrine features -- Ch. 23. Small cell (oat cell) carcinoma -- Ch. 24. Secretory carcinoma -- Ch. 25. Mammary carcinoma with osteoclast-like.giant cells -- Ch. 26. Cystic hypersecretory carcinoma and cystic hypersecretory hyperplasia -- Ch. 27. Adenoid cystic carcinoma -- Ch. 28. Cribriform carcinoma -- Ch. 29. Lipid-rich carcinoma -- Ch. 30. Gylcogen-rich carcinoma -- Ch. 31. Invasive micropapillary carcinoma -- Ch. 32. Paget's disease of the nipple -- Ch. 33. Lobular carcinoma In Situ and atypical lobular hyperplasia -- Ch. 34. Invasive lobular carcinoma -- Ch. 35. Unusual clinical presentations of carcinoma -- Ch. 36. Metastases in the breast from nonmammary malignant neoplasms -- Ch. 37. Benign proliferative lesions of the male breast -- Ch. 38. Carcinoma of the male breast -- Ch. 39. Breast tumors in children -- Ch. 40. Benign mesenchymal neoplasms -- Ch. 41. Sarcoma -- Ch. 42. Lymphoid and hematopoietic tumors -- Ch. 43. Pathologic effects of therapy -- Ch. 44. Cutaneous neoplasms -- Ch. 45. The pathology of axillary and intramammary lymph nodes -- Ch. 46. Pathologic examination of breast and lymph node specimens.
- Rosen's Breast pathology. 3rd ed. 2009, OvidAnatomy and physiological morphology --Abnormalities of mammary growth and development --Inflammatory and reactive tumors --Specific infections --Papilloma and related benign tumors --Myoepithelial neoplasms --Adenosis and microglandular adenosis --Fibroepithelial neoplasms --Ductal hyperplasia: usual and atypical --Precancerous breast disease: epidemiological, pathological, and clinical considerations --Intraductal carcinoma --Invasive duct carcinoma: assessment of prognosis, morphologic prognostic markers, and tumor growth rate --Tubular carcinoma --Papillary carcinoma --Medullary carcinoma --Carcinoma with metaplasia --Squamous carcinoma --Mucinous carcinoma --Apocrine carcinoma --Mammary carcinomas with endocrine features --Small cell (oat cell) carcinoma --Secretory carcinoma --Mammary carcinoma with osteoclast-like giant cells --Cystic hypersecretory carcinoma and cystic hypersecretory hyperplasia --Adenoid cystic carcinoma --Cribriform carcinoma --Lipid-rich carcinoma --Glycogen-rich carcinoma --Invasive micropapillary carcinoma --Paget's disease of the nipple --Lobular carcinoma in situ and atypical lobular hyperplasia --Invasive lobular carcinoma --Unusual clinical presentations of carcinoma --Metastases in the breast from nonmammary malignant neoplasms --Benign proliferative lesions of the male breast --Carcinoma of the male breast --Breast tumors of children --Benign mesenchymal neoplasms --Sarcoma --Lymphoid and hematopoietic tumors --Pathologic effects of therapy --Cutaneous neoplasms --The pathology of axillary and intramammary lymph nodes --Pathologic examination of breast and lymph node specimens, including sentinel lympth nodes.
- Scrotal pathology 2012, Springer
- Serous cavity fluid and cerebrospinal fluid cytopathology 2012, SpringerIntroduction, Clinical and Technical Aspects--Normal Cytology--Reactive Mesothelial Hyperplasia--Malignant Mesothelioma--A Potential Litigation Diagnosis--Metastatic Cancers--Effusions in Children--Abdominopelvic Washings--Lymphocytic Effusions--Benign Inflammatory and Other Uncommon Conditions--Cerebrospinal Fluid.
- Single cell diagnostics 2007, Springer ProtocolsNoninvasive metabolic assessment of single cells / David K. Gardner -- Laser capture microdissection for analysis of single cells / Nobuki Nakamura ... [et al.] -- Fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH) on single cells (sex determination and chromosome rearrangements) / Paul N. Scriven and Caroline Mackie Ogilvie -- Single cell PCR for PGD : methods, strategies, and limitations / Karen Sermon and Martine De Rycke -- Real-time quantitative PCR measurement of male fetal DNA in maternal plasma / Bernhard Zimmermann ... [et al.] -- Cell-free fetal DNA plasma extraction and real-time PCR quantification / Jill L. Maron, Kirby L. Johnson, and Diana W. Bianchi -- LATE-PCR and allied technologies : real-time detection strategies for rapid, reliable diagnosis from single cells / Kenneth E. Pierce and Lawrence J. Wangh -- Efficient isothermal amplification of the entire genome from single cells / Karen V. Schowalter, Jolene R. Fredrickson, and Alan R Thornhill -- Comparative genomic hybridization on single cells / Lucille Voullaire and Leeanda Wilton -- Generation of amplified RNAs and cDNA libraries from single mammalian cells / James Adjaye -- Real-time PCR to measure gene expression in single cells / Dagan Wells -- Gender determination and detection of aneuploidy in single cells using DNA array-based comparative genomic hybridization (array CGH) / Dong Gui Hui, Xin Yuan Guan, and Nicole Hussey -- Microarray technology for mutation analysis of low template DNA samples / Chelsea Salvado and David Cram.
- Stem cells and human diseases 2012, Springer
- "Revised and updated for its Third Edition, Stocker and Dehner's Pediatric Pathology provides encyclopedic coverage of the diagnosis of pediatric disorders from the neonatal period through adolescence. It covers all major aspects of the pathologic anatomy of childhood disorders ranging from chromosomal syndromes and neoplasms to forensic pathology. Sections are organized by disease classification and by organ system. The book contains more than 1,300 gross and microscopic images, including 1,200 in full color. This edition includes a new chapter on transplantation pathology. Other highlights include significant updates in the areas of pediatric autopsy, imaging techniques, molecular techniques, embryonic and fetal wastage, congenital abnormalities, metabolic disorders, SIDS and forensic pathology, the placenta, and the nervous system"--Provided by publisher.
- Superantigen protocols 2002, Springer Protocols
- Surgical pathology of endocrine and neuroendocrine tumors 2009, SpringerImaging of endocrine and neuroendocrine tumors -- Fine needle aspiration cytology of endocrine tumors -- Fine needle aspiration cytology of neuroendocrine tumors arising in non-endocrine organs -- Tumors of the pituitary gland -- Tumors of thyroid gland : non-C cell tumors -- Tumors of the thyroid gland (C-cells) -- Tumors of parathyroid gland -- Tumors of the adrenal cortex -- Tumors of the adrenal medulla and extra-adrenal paraganglia -- Endocrine tumors of the lung and upper airways -- Neuroendocrine tumors of the pancreas -- Neuroendocrine tumors of the gastrointestinal tract -- Neuroendocrine tumours of the breast -- Neuroendocrine tumors of female genital tract -- Neuroendocrine tumors of prostate, urinary bladder, and kidney -- Neuroendocrine tumors of other miscellaneous sites : thymus and skin -- Endocrine tumors and tumor-like lesions of infancy, childhood, and adolescents and inherited tumor syndromes -- Application of molecular diagnosis techniques in the diagnosis and management of endocrine tumors.
- Surgical pathology of the gastrointestinal system 2009, Springer
- Syndrome-based approach to diagnosis 2013, SpringerMany young, inexperienced doctors, have difficultly pinpointing a diagnosis: Is it a condition to which certain diseases could belong, or a disease definable in line with certain criteria? How can I apply my basic knowledge of diseases to a real patient? How can I find the correct diagnosis for a disease that I am seeing for the very first time? The traditional diagnostic pathways conveyed by current methods of teaching, from visual identification of the disease, knowledge of diseases, understanding of symptoms or patterns to diagnosis, leave certain diagnostic questions unanswered, especially on first experience of such a clinical pattern. Syndrome-based Approach to Diagnosis: A Practical Guide offers lecturers an alternative training concept in their teaching, which provides students with a model for self-study as well as the educational tools for learning how to think in clinical terms. It also includes a basic structured program for internal medicine at a glance in the form of decision trees that cover all major internal medicine fields. This training concept is suitable as: · A self-assessment test · A study program (self study and case-based study)· A basic program covering all the major teaching objectives in a clinical discipline· A guideline and educational framework for differential diagnosis · A collection of individual therapeutic options (with presentation of clinical cases)This book is a comprehensive educational tool ideal for medical professionals and those working within medical education.
- Telepathology 2009, Springer
- Viral entry into host cells 2013, SpringerFor a virus to invade a host cell it needs to penetrate the physical barrier imposed by the plasma membrane. Viruses have evolved specialized surface proteins to meet this challenge. These proteins facilitate delivery of the viral genetic information into the host cell by either fusing the viral envelope with a host cell membrane or by forming membrane pores. Membrane fusion and pore formation critically depend on the engagement of host cell receptors and receptor choice is a key determinant of viral tropism. The multi-faceted interplay between viral and cellular factors during virus entry is a fascinating field of study, which can provide important insight into viral pathogenesis and define new targets for intervention. This book provides a comprehensive overview of this exciting field of research.
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
Editor: Jianfang, Zhang
Translated & Donated by Muoi Arnold and Keith Arnold former Stanford faculty