Books by Subject
Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
- Advanced protocols in oxidative stres...
- — Modern clinical molecular techniques ...
- Molecular basis of health and disease ..
- — Weedon's Skin pathology essentials .....
- Molecular basis of health and disease 2011, Springer
- Molecular Diagnostics in Dermatology and Dermatopathology 2011, Springer
- Molecular pathology in clinical practice 2007, SpringerBasics of molecular biology -- Molecular pathology methods -- Genetic counseling -- Pedigree analysis and risk assessment -- Bayesian analysis -- Developmental disabilities -- Neuromuscular diseases -- Molecular genetic testing for metabolic disorders -- Fibroblast growth factor receptor-related skeletal disorders -- Cystic fibrosis -- Deafness -- Coagulation disorders -- Hematologic disorders : hemochromatosis, hemoglobinopathies, and Rh incompatibility --Cardiovascular disease -- Neurodegenerative disorders -- Skin and connective tissue disorders -- Inherited breast cancer -- Familial adenomatous polyposis and Turcot and Peutz-Jeghers syndromes -- Hereditary nonpolyposis colorectal cancer -- Multiple endocrine neoplasia syndromes -- The neurofibromatoses -- TP53 mutation and Li-Fraumeni syndrome -- von Hippel-Lindau disease -- Breast cancer -- Urothelial carcinoma -- Sarcomas -- Gliomas --Molecular detection of occult tumor cells -- Microarray studies (Beyond histology) -- Acute myeloid leukemia -- Acute lymphoblastic leukemia -- B-cell lymphomas -- T-cell lymphomas -- Lymphoproliferations of immunodeficiency -- Myeloproliferative disorders and myelodysplastic syndromes -- Human immunodeficiency virus type 1 -- Hepatitis B and C viruses -- Viral infections in transplant patients -- Viral infections of the central nervous system --Sexually transmitted diseases -- Respiratory pathogens -- Bacterial pathogens -- Mycobacterial infections -- Forensic DNA typing -- Parentage and relationship testing -- Assessment of chimerism in the setting of allogenic hematopoietic cell transplantation -- Specimen identification through DNA analysis -- Molecular HLA typing -- Molecular pathology laboratory management -- From research to clinical practice.
- Molecular pathology of endocrine diseases 2010, SpringerMolecular oncogenesis -- Systematic autoimmune diseases -- MicroRNAs in endocrine diseases -- Clinical detection and treatment of thyroid diseases -- Autoimmune thyroid diseases -- Benign nodular thyroid disease -- Fine needle aspiration: present and future -- Well-differentiated papillary thyroid carcinoma -- Well-differentiated thyroid follicular carcinoma -- Poorly differentiated and undifferentiated thyroid carcinomas -- Medullary thyroid carcinoma -- Unusual thyroid tumors -- Hematopoietic tumors of the thyroid -- Clinical detection and treatment of parathyroid diseases -- Nonneoplastic parathyroid diseases -- Neoplastic parathyroid diseases -- Clinical detection and treatment of benign and malignant pituitary diseases -- Nonneoplastic and neoplastic pituitary diseases -- Clinical detection and treatment of adrenal disease -- Benign and malignant pheochromocytomas and paragangliomas -- Benign and malignant diseases of the adrenal cortex -- Clinical detection and treatment of pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors -- Pancreatic endocrine neoplasms -- Gastrointestinal neuroendocrine tumors -- Head and neck neuroendocrine tumors -- Merkel cell carcinoma -- Neuroendocrine lung tumors.
- Molecular pathology of hematolymphoid diseases 2010, SpringerSection I. Molecular Pathology of Hematolymphoid Neoplasms: General Principles -- Molecular Oncogenesis / Aniruddha J. Deshpande, Christian Buske, Leticia Quintanilla-Martinez, and Falko Fend -- Genetic Predispositions for Hematologic and Lymphoid Disorders / Frederick G. Behm -- Prognostic Markers / David Bahler -- Cancer Stem Cells: Potential Targets for Molecular Medicine / Isabel G. Newton and Catriona H.M. Jamieson -- Gene Therapy for Leukemia and Lymphoma / Xiaopei Huang and Yiping Yang -- Chemical and Environmental Agents (Including Chemotherapeutic Agents and Immunosuppression) / Richard J.Q. McNally -- Viral Oncogenesis / Alexander A. Benders and Margaret L. Gulley -- Section II. Specific Techniques and Their Applications in Molecular Hematopathology -- Techniques to Determine Clonality in Hematolymphoid Malignancies / Daniel E. Sabath -- Techniques to Detect Defining Chromosomal Translocations/Abnormalities / Jennifer J.D. Morrissette, Karen Weck, and Cherie H. Dunphy -- Molecular Techniques to Detect Disease and Response to Therapy: Minimal Residual Disease / Marie E. Beckner and Jeffrey A. Kant -- Detection of Resistance to Therapy in Hematolymphoid Neoplasms / Karen Weck -- Monitoring Engraftment of Bone Marrow Transplant by DNA Fingerprinting / Jessica K. Booker -- Gene Expression Profiling / Cherie H. Dunphy -- Proteomics of Human Malignant Lymphoma / Megan S. Lim, Rodney R. Miles, and Kojo S.J. Elenitoba-Johnson -- Mouse Models of Hematolymphoid Malignancies / Krista M.D. La Perle and Suzana S. Couto -- Section III. Molecular Pathology of Hematolymphoid Neoplasms: Specific Subtypes -- Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia/Small Lymphocytic Lymphoma / Patricia Aoun -- Marginal Zone B-Cell Lymphoma / Lynne V. Abruzzo and Rachel L. Sargent -- Lymphoplasmacytic Lymphoma / Pei Lin -- Molecular Pathology of Plasma Cell Neoplasms / James R. Cook -- The Roles of Molecular Techniques in the Diagnosis and Management of Follicular Lymphoma / W. Richard Burack -- Mantle Cell Lymphoma / Kai Fu and Qinglong Hu -- Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphomas / Cherie H. Dunphy --The Molecular Pathology of Burkitt Lymphoma / Claudio Mosse and Karen Weck -- Precursor B-Cell Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia / Julie M. Gastier-Foster -- Molecular Genetics of Mature T/NK Neoplasms / John P. Greer, Utpal P. Davé, Nishitha Reddy, Christine M. Lovly, and Claudio A. Mosse -- Precursor T-Cell Neoplasms / Kim De Keersmaecker and Adolfo Ferrando -- Classical Hodgkin Lymphoma and Nodular Lymphocyte-Predominant Hodgkin Lymphoma / Michele Roullet and Adam Bagg -- Posttransplant Lymphoproliferative Disorder / Margaret L. Gulley -- AIDS-Related Lymphomas / Amy Chadburn and Ethel Cesarman -- Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia / Dan Jones -- Molecular Pathogenesis of Nonchronic Myeloid Leukemia Myeloproliferative Neoplasms / Mike Perez and Chung-Che (Jeff) Chang -- Molecular Pathology of Myelodysplastic/Myeloproliferative Neoplasms, Myeloid, and Lymphoid Neoplasms with Eosinophilia and Abnormalities of PDGFRA, PDGFRB, and FGFR1, and Mastocytosis / Robert P. Hasserjian -- Molecular Pathogenesis of Myelodysplastic Syndromes / Jesalyn J. Taylor and Chung-Che "Jeff" Chang -- Acute Myeloid Leukemias with Recurrent Cytogenetic Abnormalities / Sergej Konoplev and Carlos Bueso-Ramos -- Acute Myeloid Leukemias with Normal Cytogenetics / Sergej Konoplev and Carlos Bueso-Ramos -- Acute Myeloid Leukemia with Myelodysplasia-Related Changes and Therapy-Related Acute Myeloid Leukemia / Sergej N. Konoplev and Carlos E. Bueso-Ramos -- Molecular Pathology of Hemoglobin and Erythrocyte Membrane Disorders / Murat O. Arcasoy and Patrick G. Gallagher -- White Blood Cell and Immunodeficiency Disorders / John F. Bastian and Michelle Hernandez -- Molecular Basis of Disorders of Hemostasis and Thrombosis / Alice Ma -- Sarcoidosis: Are There Sarcoidosis Genes? / Helmut H. Popper -- Castleman's Disease / Richard Flavin, Cara M. Martin, Orla Sheils, and John James O'Leary -- Molecular Pathology of Histiocytic Disorders / Mihaela Onciu -- Reactive Lymphadenopathies: Molecular Analysis / Dennis P. O'Malley -- Molecular Pathology of Infectious Lymphadenitides / Kristin Fiebelkorn -- Gene Therapy for Nonneoplastic Hematologic and Histiocytic Disorders / Kareem N. Washington, John F. Tisdale, and Matthew M. Hsieh.
- Molecular pathology of pituitary adenomas. 1st ed. 2012, ScienceDirectPituitary tumor classification : functionality, invasiveness, and aggressiveness -- Immunohistochemistry and electron microscopy as evaluation criteria in tumor classification in the deciphering of pituitary adenomas -- Proliferation -- Angiogenesis -- Apoptosis -- Signal transduction -- Stem cell markers in pituitary adenomas -- MicroRNAs -- New generic tools for diagnosis: genomics and proteomics -- Therapeutic approaches: drug, surgical, and radiotherapy.
- Mouse models of human blood cancers 2008, Springer
- Non-fibrillar amyloidogenic protein assemblies 2012, Springer
- Nucleic acid testing for human disease 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Operated heart at autopsy 2009, Springer
- Oxygen biology and hypoxia 2007, ScienceDirect
- Pancreatic cytopathology 2007, SpringerIntroduction to Pancreatic Cytopathology -- Pancreatic Cytopathology: A Pragmatic Approach -- Pancreatic Ductal Adenocarcinoma and Its Variants -- Ancillary Testing for the Diagnosis of Pancreatic Ductal Adenocarcinoma -- Acinar Cell Carcinoma -- Pancreatoblastoma -- Solid-Pseudopapillary Neoplasm -- Pancreatic Endocrine Tumors -- Cystic Muscus-Producing Neoplasia: Intraductal Papillary Mucinous Neoplasms and Mucinous Cystic Neoplasms -- Other Cystic Lesions of the Pancreas -- Inflammatory Disease of the Pancreas -- Secondary Malignancies of the Pancreas.
- Patho-epigenetics of disease 2012, Springer
- Pathology 2008, AccessMedicineCellular pathology -- Inflammation and repair -- Pathology of the immune system -- Neoplasia -- Environmental and nutritional pathology -- Genetic disorders -- Pediatric pathology -- Hemodynamics -- Vascular pathology -- Cardiac pathology -- Neuropathology -- Hematopathology -- Pulmonary pathology -- Gastrointestinal pathology -- Pathology of the liver, gallbladder, and pancreas -- Pathology of the kidney and bladder -- Pathology of the male and female reproductive tract and breast -- Endocrine pathology -- Pathology of the bones and joints -- Dermatopathology -- Practice examination answers.
- Pathology and surgery around the vertebral artery 2011, SpringerThis is the first comprehensive book about surgery on and around the vertebral artery all along its cervical and intracranial course. This vessel has been considered for long as out of surgical reach leaving many different pathologies not or incompletely treated. The surgical exposure and control of the vertebral artery not only permit to treat lesions of the vertebral artery wall or developed in contact to it but also to improve the access to the intervertebral foramen (tumors, osteophytes), to the anterior aspect of the spinal cord (tumors, spondylotic spurs), to the foramen magnum and to the jugular foramen. This book written by leading experts includes all aspects of vertebral artery surgery from anatomy to imaging, surgical techniques and pathologies; it is illustrated by many figures especially operative views and schematic drawings so that the beginner as well as the experienced surgeon find useful information. One of the editors of this book (B. GEORGE) was recently awarded the Olivecrona award for his work on the surgery of the vertebral artery.
- Pathology of the human placenta. 6th ed. 2012, Springer
- Pathology of the lungs. 3rd ed. 2011, ScienceDirectWith an emphasis on practical diagnostic problem solving, Pathology of the Lungs 3e provides the pulmonary pathologist and the general surgical pathologist with an accessible, comprehensive guide to the recognition and interpretation of common and rare neoplastic and non-neoplastic lung conditions. The text is written by two authors and covers all topics in a consistent manner without the redundancies or lapses that are common in multi-authored texts. The text is lavishly illustrated with the highest quality illustrations which accurately depict the histologic, immunohistochemical and cytologic findings under consideration and it is supplemented throughout with practical tips and advice from two internationally respected experts. The user-friendly design and format allows rapid access to essential information and the incorporation throughout of relevant clinical and radiographic information makes it a complete diagnostic resource inside the reporting room. Approximately 1,000 high quality full color illustrations. Provides the user with a complete visual guide to each specimen and assists in the recognition and diagnosis of any slide looked at under the microscope. Comprehensive coverage of both common and rare lung diseases and disorders. One stop consultation resource for the reporting room or study, no need to go further to get questions answered. Clinical background and ancillary radiographs incorporated throughout. Provides the user with all of the necessary diagnostic tools to make a complete and accurate pathologic report. Practical advice and tips from two of the world's recognized experts. Provides the trainee and general surgical pathologist with time saving diagnostic clues when dealing with difficult specimens. Consistent and uniform approach incorporated for each disease and disorder (Etiology, pathogenesis, clinical features, pathologic features, differential diagnosis) User-friendly format enables quick and easy navigation to the key information required.
- Pathology of the vulva and vagina 2013, Springer
- Pathophysiology of disease 2010 (6th ed.), AccessMedicine
- Pediatric neoplasia 2012, Springer
- Pediatric pathology. 2nd ed. 2001, Ovid
- Pocket guide to diagnostic tests 2012 (6th ed.), AccessMedicine
- Practical guide to frozen section technique 2010, SpringerUnderstanding and Maintaining the Cryostat / Philip Hyam -- Gross Examination of Tissues in the Frozen Section Room / Stephen R. Peters -- Embedding of Tissue for Frozen Section / Stephen R. Peters -- Cutting the Frozen Section / Stephen R. Peters -- Variables Affecting the Cutting Properties of Tissues and the Resulting Artifacts / Stephen R. Peters -- Fixation, Staining and Coverslipping of Frozen Section Slides / Stephen R. Peters and Catherine Susan Delia -- Microscopic Interpretation in the Frozen Section Setting / Stephen R. Peters -- Frozen Section Techniques Used in Mohs Micrographic Surgery / Barbara Beck and Stephen R. Peters -- Frozen Section Technique in the Animal Research Setting / Charles W. Scouten.
- Protein misfolding and cellular stress in disease and aging 2010, Springer ProtocolsProtein misfolding and celluar stress : an overview / Niels Gregersen and Peter Bross -- Protein aggregation diseases : toxicity of soluble prefibrillar aggregates and their clinical significance / Massimo Stefani -- Consequences of stress in the secretary pathway : the ER stress response and its role in the metabolic syndrome / Martin Schröder and Louise Sutcliffe -- What role does mitochondrial stress play in neurodegenerative diseases? / Alicia Mae Pickrell and Carlos Torres Moraes -- Autophagy in disease / Dalibor Mijaljica, Mark Prescott, and Rodney J. Devenish -- Mitophagy and mitoptosis in disease processes / Dalibor Mijaljica, Mark Prescott, and Rodney J. Devenish -- Cellular stress and protein misfolding during aging / Rajiv Vaid Basaiawmoit and Suresh I.S. Rattan -- Measuring consequences of protein misfolding and cellular stress using OMICS techniques / Peter Bross ... [et al.] -- Production of cells with targeted integration of gene variants of human ABC transporter for stable and regulated expression using the Flp recombinase system / Kanako Wakabayashi-Nakao ... [et al.] -- Stress response profile in human fribroblasts exposed to heat shock or oxidative stress / Christina Bak Pedersen and Niels Gregersen -- Examining ubiquitinated protein aggregates in tissue sections / Natalia A. Kaniuk and John H. Brumell -- Determination of proteasomal activities / Cristovao F. Lima and Suresh I.S. Rattan -- Measurement of autophagy in cells and tissues / Isei Tanida and Satoshi Waguri -- Transcription factor sequestration by polyglutamine proteins / Tomoyuki Yamanaka and Nobuyuki Nukina -- Biological membranes as protein aggregation matrices and targets of amyloid toxicity / Monica Bucciantini and Cristina Cecchi -- Measurement of mitochondrial ROS production / Anatoly A. Starkov -- In vivo detection of oxidized proteins : a practical approach to tissue-derived mitochondria / Francesca Maltecca and Giorgio Casari -- Measurement of oxidized/reduced glutathione ratio / Joshua B. Owen and D. Allan Butterfield -- Determination of altered mitochondria ultrastructure by electron microscopy / Shoichi Sasaki -- Assessing bad sub-cellular localization under conditions associated with prevention or promotion of mitochondrial permeability transition-dependent toxicity / Liana Cerioni and Orazio Cantoni -- A cellular viability assay to monitor drug toxicity / Jakob Hansen and Peter Bross -- Rescue of misfolded proteins and stabilization by small molecules / Raymond C. Stevens, javier Sancho, and Aurora Martinez.
- Protein misfolding and disease 2003, Springer Protocols
- Protein misfolding, aggregation, and conformational diseases. Part A, Protein aggregation and conformational diseases 2006, Springer
- Proteins of the cerebrospinal fluid. 2nd ed. 2005, ScienceDirect
- Pulmonary function tests in clinical practice 2009, Springer
- Quality assurance in the pathology laboratory 2011, CRCnetBASE
- Resolution of inflammation 2008, Springer
- Rosen's Breast pathology. 2nd ed. 2001, OvidCh. 1. Anatomy and physiologic morphology -- Ch. 2. Abnormalities of mammary growth and development -- Ch. 3. Inflammatory and reactive tumors -- Ch. 4. Specific infections -- Ch. 5. Papilloma and related benign tumors -- Ch. 6. Myoepithelial neoplasms -- Ch. 7. Adenosis and microglandular adenosis -- Ch. 8. Fibroepithelial neoplasms -- Ch. 9. Ductal hyperplasia: ordinary and atypical -- Ch. 10. Precancerous breast disease: epidemiologic, pathologic, and clinical considerations -- Ch. 11. In Situ (intraepithelial) carcinoma: an overview -- Ch. 12. Staging of breast carcinoma -- Ch. 13. Intraductal carcinoma -- Ch. 14. Invasive duct carcinoma: assessment of prognosis, morphologic prognostic markers, and tumor growth rate -- Ch. 15. Tubular carcinoma -- Ch. 16. Papillary carcinoma -- Ch. 17. Medullary carcinoma -- Ch. 18. Carcinoma with metaplasia -- Ch. 19. Squamous carcinoma -- Ch. 20. Mucinous carcinoma -- Ch. 21. Apocrine carcinoma -- Ch. 22. Mammary carcinoma with endocrine features -- Ch. 23. Small cell (oat cell) carcinoma -- Ch. 24. Secretory carcinoma -- Ch. 25. Mammary carcinoma with osteoclast-like.giant cells -- Ch. 26. Cystic hypersecretory carcinoma and cystic hypersecretory hyperplasia -- Ch. 27. Adenoid cystic carcinoma -- Ch. 28. Cribriform carcinoma -- Ch. 29. Lipid-rich carcinoma -- Ch. 30. Gylcogen-rich carcinoma -- Ch. 31. Invasive micropapillary carcinoma -- Ch. 32. Paget's disease of the nipple -- Ch. 33. Lobular carcinoma In Situ and atypical lobular hyperplasia -- Ch. 34. Invasive lobular carcinoma -- Ch. 35. Unusual clinical presentations of carcinoma -- Ch. 36. Metastases in the breast from nonmammary malignant neoplasms -- Ch. 37. Benign proliferative lesions of the male breast -- Ch. 38. Carcinoma of the male breast -- Ch. 39. Breast tumors in children -- Ch. 40. Benign mesenchymal neoplasms -- Ch. 41. Sarcoma -- Ch. 42. Lymphoid and hematopoietic tumors -- Ch. 43. Pathologic effects of therapy -- Ch. 44. Cutaneous neoplasms -- Ch. 45. The pathology of axillary and intramammary lymph nodes -- Ch. 46. Pathologic examination of breast and lymph node specimens.
- Rosen's Breast pathology. 3rd ed. 2009, OvidAnatomy and physiological morphology --Abnormalities of mammary growth and development --Inflammatory and reactive tumors --Specific infections --Papilloma and related benign tumors --Myoepithelial neoplasms --Adenosis and microglandular adenosis --Fibroepithelial neoplasms --Ductal hyperplasia: usual and atypical --Precancerous breast disease: epidemiological, pathological, and clinical considerations --Intraductal carcinoma --Invasive duct carcinoma: assessment of prognosis, morphologic prognostic markers, and tumor growth rate --Tubular carcinoma --Papillary carcinoma --Medullary carcinoma --Carcinoma with metaplasia --Squamous carcinoma --Mucinous carcinoma --Apocrine carcinoma --Mammary carcinomas with endocrine features --Small cell (oat cell) carcinoma --Secretory carcinoma --Mammary carcinoma with osteoclast-like giant cells --Cystic hypersecretory carcinoma and cystic hypersecretory hyperplasia --Adenoid cystic carcinoma --Cribriform carcinoma --Lipid-rich carcinoma --Glycogen-rich carcinoma --Invasive micropapillary carcinoma --Paget's disease of the nipple --Lobular carcinoma in situ and atypical lobular hyperplasia --Invasive lobular carcinoma --Unusual clinical presentations of carcinoma --Metastases in the breast from nonmammary malignant neoplasms --Benign proliferative lesions of the male breast --Carcinoma of the male breast --Breast tumors of children --Benign mesenchymal neoplasms --Sarcoma --Lymphoid and hematopoietic tumors --Pathologic effects of therapy --Cutaneous neoplasms --The pathology of axillary and intramammary lymph nodes --Pathologic examination of breast and lymph node specimens, including sentinel lympth nodes.
- Scrotal pathology 2012, Springer
- Serous cavity fluid and cerebrospinal fluid cytopathology 2012, SpringerIntroduction, Clinical and Technical Aspects--Normal Cytology--Reactive Mesothelial Hyperplasia--Malignant Mesothelioma--A Potential Litigation Diagnosis--Metastatic Cancers--Effusions in Children--Abdominopelvic Washings--Lymphocytic Effusions--Benign Inflammatory and Other Uncommon Conditions--Cerebrospinal Fluid.
- Single cell diagnostics 2007, Springer ProtocolsNoninvasive metabolic assessment of single cells / David K. Gardner -- Laser capture microdissection for analysis of single cells / Nobuki Nakamura ... [et al.] -- Fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH) on single cells (sex determination and chromosome rearrangements) / Paul N. Scriven and Caroline Mackie Ogilvie -- Single cell PCR for PGD : methods, strategies, and limitations / Karen Sermon and Martine De Rycke -- Real-time quantitative PCR measurement of male fetal DNA in maternal plasma / Bernhard Zimmermann ... [et al.] -- Cell-free fetal DNA plasma extraction and real-time PCR quantification / Jill L. Maron, Kirby L. Johnson, and Diana W. Bianchi -- LATE-PCR and allied technologies : real-time detection strategies for rapid, reliable diagnosis from single cells / Kenneth E. Pierce and Lawrence J. Wangh -- Efficient isothermal amplification of the entire genome from single cells / Karen V. Schowalter, Jolene R. Fredrickson, and Alan R Thornhill -- Comparative genomic hybridization on single cells / Lucille Voullaire and Leeanda Wilton -- Generation of amplified RNAs and cDNA libraries from single mammalian cells / James Adjaye -- Real-time PCR to measure gene expression in single cells / Dagan Wells -- Gender determination and detection of aneuploidy in single cells using DNA array-based comparative genomic hybridization (array CGH) / Dong Gui Hui, Xin Yuan Guan, and Nicole Hussey -- Microarray technology for mutation analysis of low template DNA samples / Chelsea Salvado and David Cram.
- Stem cells and human diseases 2012, Springer
- "Revised and updated for its Third Edition, Stocker and Dehner's Pediatric Pathology provides encyclopedic coverage of the diagnosis of pediatric disorders from the neonatal period through adolescence. It covers all major aspects of the pathologic anatomy of childhood disorders ranging from chromosomal syndromes and neoplasms to forensic pathology. Sections are organized by disease classification and by organ system. The book contains more than 1,300 gross and microscopic images, including 1,200 in full color. This edition includes a new chapter on transplantation pathology. Other highlights include significant updates in the areas of pediatric autopsy, imaging techniques, molecular techniques, embryonic and fetal wastage, congenital abnormalities, metabolic disorders, SIDS and forensic pathology, the placenta, and the nervous system"--Provided by publisher.
- Superantigen protocols 2002, Springer Protocols
- Surgical pathology of endocrine and neuroendocrine tumors 2009, SpringerImaging of endocrine and neuroendocrine tumors -- Fine needle aspiration cytology of endocrine tumors -- Fine needle aspiration cytology of neuroendocrine tumors arising in non-endocrine organs -- Tumors of the pituitary gland -- Tumors of thyroid gland : non-C cell tumors -- Tumors of the thyroid gland (C-cells) -- Tumors of parathyroid gland -- Tumors of the adrenal cortex -- Tumors of the adrenal medulla and extra-adrenal paraganglia -- Endocrine tumors of the lung and upper airways -- Neuroendocrine tumors of the pancreas -- Neuroendocrine tumors of the gastrointestinal tract -- Neuroendocrine tumours of the breast -- Neuroendocrine tumors of female genital tract -- Neuroendocrine tumors of prostate, urinary bladder, and kidney -- Neuroendocrine tumors of other miscellaneous sites : thymus and skin -- Endocrine tumors and tumor-like lesions of infancy, childhood, and adolescents and inherited tumor syndromes -- Application of molecular diagnosis techniques in the diagnosis and management of endocrine tumors.
- Surgical pathology of the gastrointestinal system 2009, Springer
- Syndrome-based approach to diagnosis 2013, SpringerMany young, inexperienced doctors, have difficultly pinpointing a diagnosis: Is it a condition to which certain diseases could belong, or a disease definable in line with certain criteria? How can I apply my basic knowledge of diseases to a real patient? How can I find the correct diagnosis for a disease that I am seeing for the very first time? The traditional diagnostic pathways conveyed by current methods of teaching, from visual identification of the disease, knowledge of diseases, understanding of symptoms or patterns to diagnosis, leave certain diagnostic questions unanswered, especially on first experience of such a clinical pattern. Syndrome-based Approach to Diagnosis: A Practical Guide offers lecturers an alternative training concept in their teaching, which provides students with a model for self-study as well as the educational tools for learning how to think in clinical terms. It also includes a basic structured program for internal medicine at a glance in the form of decision trees that cover all major internal medicine fields. This training concept is suitable as: · A self-assessment test · A study program (self study and case-based study)· A basic program covering all the major teaching objectives in a clinical discipline· A guideline and educational framework for differential diagnosis · A collection of individual therapeutic options (with presentation of clinical cases)This book is a comprehensive educational tool ideal for medical professionals and those working within medical education.
- Telepathology 2009, Springer
- Usability testing of medical devices 2011, CRCnetBASE"Informative, practical, and engaging, this handbook covers how to conduct usability tests of medical devices. Recognizing that the intended readers, including marketers, engineers, and regulatory affairs specialists, are busy and disinclined to read lengthy textbooks, this book has been carefully designed to be concise and visual, allowing readers to read it all in one sitting or jump from one section to another as needed. The book provides a general understanding of usability testing and reviews key concepts. It highlights the challenges of validating that protects against dangerous errors that could lead to patient injury and death"--Provided by publisher.
- Viral entry into host cells 2013, SpringerFor a virus to invade a host cell it needs to penetrate the physical barrier imposed by the plasma membrane. Viruses have evolved specialized surface proteins to meet this challenge. These proteins facilitate delivery of the viral genetic information into the host cell by either fusing the viral envelope with a host cell membrane or by forming membrane pores. Membrane fusion and pore formation critically depend on the engagement of host cell receptors and receptor choice is a key determinant of viral tropism. The multi-faceted interplay between viral and cellular factors during virus entry is a fascinating field of study, which can provide important insight into viral pathogenesis and define new targets for intervention. This book provides a comprehensive overview of this exciting field of research.
- Introduction to laboratory medicine / Rao -- Laboratory tests -- Laboratory cultures -- Cardiovascular diseases / Vallaro & Pechet -- Central nervous system disorders / Szakacs -- Digestive diseases / Snyder -- Endocrine diseases / Yu -- Genitourinary diseases / Pechet & Kiefer -- Gynecologic and obstetric disorders / Pechet -- Hematologic diseases / Pechet -- Hereditary and genetic diseases -- Immune and autoimmune disorders / Pechet -- Infectious diseases / Mitchell -- Miscellaneous / Snyder -- Respiratory, metabolic, and acid-base disorders / Rao -- Toxicology and therapeutic drug monitoring / Jenkins.
- Weedon's Skin pathology essentials 2012, ScienceDirectThe basics -- Diagnostic clues and "need to know" items -- Lichenoid reaction pattern -- Psoriasiform reaction pattern -- Spongiotic reaction pattern -- Vesiculobullous reaction pattern -- Granulomatous reaction pattern -- Vasculopathic reaction pattern -- Disorders of epidermal maturation and keratinization -- Disorders of pigmentation -- Disorders ofcollagen -- Disorders of elastic tissue -- Cutaneous mucinoses -- Cutaneous deposits -- Diseases of cutaneous appendages -- Cysts, sinuses, and pits -- Panniculitis -- Metabolic and storage diseases -- Miscellaneous conditions -- Cutaneous drug reactions -- Reactions to physical agents -- Cutaneous infections and infestations -- Bacterial and rickettsial infections -- Spirochetal infections -- Mycoses and algal infections -- Viral diseases -- Protozoal infections -- Marine injuries -- Helminth infestations -- Arthropod-induced diseases -- Tumors of the epidermis -- Lentigines, nevi, and melanomas -- Tumors of cutaneous appendages -- Fibrous tumors and tumor-like proliferations -- Tumors of fat -- Tumors of muscle, cartilage, and bone -- Neural and neuroendocrine tumors -- Vascular tumors -- Cutaneous metastases -- Cutaneous non-lymphoid infiltrates -- Cutaneous lymphomatous and leukemic infiltrates.
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases