Books by Subject
Pathology and Laboratory MedicineAccess restricted to Stanford unless otherwise noted
- Imaging cellular and molecular biological functions 2007, SpringerConsiderations for routine imaging -- Entering the portal: understanding the digital image recorded through a microscope -- Quantitative biological image analysis -- The open microscopy environment: a collaborative data modeling and software development project for biological image informatics -- Design and function of a light-microscopy facility -- Advanced methods and concepts -- Quantitative colocalisation imaging: concepts, measurements, and pitfalls -- Quantitative FRET microscopy of live cells -- Flourescence photobleaching and flourescence correlation spectroscopy: two complementary technologies to study molecular dynamics in living cells -- Single fluorescent molecule tracking in live cells -- From live-cell microscopy to molecular mechanisms: deciphering the functions of kinetochore proteins -- Cutting edge applications & utilities -- Towards imaging the dynamics of protein signalling -- New technologies for imaging and analysis of individual microbial cells -- Imaging parasites in vivo -- Computer-assisted systems for dynamic 3D reconstruction and motion analysis of living cells -- High-throughput/high-content automated image acquisition and analysis -- Cognition network technology: a novel multimodal image analysis technique for automatic identification and quantification of biological image contents -- High-content phenotypic cell-based assays.
- Immunological tolerance 2007, Springer Protocols
- Implementing quality in laboratory policies and processes 2010, CRCnetBASE
- In situ detection of DNA damage 2002, Springer Protocols
- In vivo models of inflammation. 2nd ed. v. 1-2, 2006., SpringerFulltext (v. 2) Springer
- Inflammation protocols 2003, Springer Protocols
- Inflammation, lifestyle, and chronic disease 2012, CRCnetBASE"Oxidative stress and inflammation are among the most important factors of disease. Chronic infections, obesity, alcohol and tobacco usage, radiation, environmental pollutants, and high-calorie diets have been recognized as major risk factors for a variety of chronic diseases from cancer to metabolic diseases. All these risk factors are linked to chronic diseases through inflammation. While short-term, acute inflammation generated by the immune system serves a therapeutic role, chronic low-level inflammation that may persist "silently" for decades is responsible for chronic diseases. Inflammation, Lifestyle, and Chronic Diseases: The Silent Link describes the role of dysregulated inflammation in persistent and recurring diseases. It investigates links to lifestyle and presents research on how the suppression of proinflammatory pathways may provide opportunities for both prevention and treatment of chronic diseases. The book covers neurodegenerative diseases, pulmonary diseases, asthma, rheumatic and arthritic diseases, skin disease, heart disease, chronic wounds, infectious disease, neuropsychiatric disorders such as depression, gastrointestinal diseases, insulin resistance, and cancer, many of which are also diseases of old age. For each chronic disease, contributors review the clinical and scientific literature and examine current and potential therapies, including conventional pharmacotherapies as well as natural products. Noting that the long-term use of steroids and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) can cause adverse side effects, many of the chapters address the role of dietary agents such as fruits, vegetables, legumes, pulses, nuts, and spices as ideal anti-inflammatory agents that can be consumed regularly. The book also suggests directions for further research. Clinical and science researchers, students, and health professionals interested in the link between inflammation, lifestyle, and chronic diseases will find this an informative resource"--Provided by publisher.
- Informatics for the clinical laboratory 2005, Springer
- Ingenix CPT with RVUs data file 2011, STAT!Ref
- Interpretation of diagnostic tests. 8th ed. 2007, OvidIntroduction to normal values (reference ranges) -- Critical values -- Core blood analytes: alterations by diseases -- Urine -- Cardiovascular diseases -- Respiratory diseases -- Gastrointestinal diseases -- Hepatobiliary diseases and diseases of the pancreas -- Central and peripheral nervous system disorders -- Musculoskeletal and joint diseases -- Hematology -- Metabolic and hereditary disorders -- Endocrine diseases -- Genitourinary diseases -- Infectious diseases -- Autoimmune and miscellaneous diseases -- Disorders due to physical and chemical agents -- Therapeutic drug monitoring and drug effects -- Body substances.
- Intra-operative neuropathology for the non-neuropathologist 2012, SpringerThis volume acquaints the non-neuropathologist with the advantages of clinical-radiologic-pathologic correlation in neuropathology specimens, particularly in the intra-operative environment. This volume covers the enormous and sometimes insurmountable artifacts involed with freezing tissue, especially central nervous system tissue and how a good cytology preparation can add to, or even supply in isolation, a diagnosis. The text presents how to perform, and stain the cytologic preparations, and how to interpret them. The advantages and disadvantages of both frozen sections and cytologic preparations of various kinds are discussed. The presentation and format is very visual with diagrams, tables (including pearls and pitfalls), and many figures (therefore easy reading).An introductory chapter presents the pros and cons of supplemental cytology, the advantages and disadvantages of frozen sections, and the artifacts in both. Also included is an argument for knowing what the scans reveal and the impact of relevant patient history. The volume uses a case-based approach to show correlation between scan, history, frozen section and cytologic preparations.With the combination of extensive correlation of scans, cytology and frozen section with differential diagnosis, and analysis of the information crucial to the neurosurgeon in a case-based approach and with a special chapter written by a neuroradiologist, this volume is unique in presentation and utility and will be of great value to the trainee in pathology (residents/fellows), and practicing pathologists who include neuropathology in their practice, but do not have formal fellowship training in neuropathology.
- Laboratory biosecurity handbook 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Laboratory hemostasis 2007, Springer
- Laboratory primate 2005, ScienceDirect
- Laboratory statistics. First edition. [1st ed.] 2014, ScienceDirectLaboratory Statistics: Handbook of Formulas and Terms presents common strategies for comparing and evaluating numerical laboratory data. In particular, the text deals with the type of data and problems that laboratory scientists and students in analytical chemistry, clinical chemistry, epidemiology, and clinical research face on a daily basis. This book takes the mystery out of statistics and provides simple, hands-on instructions in the format of everyday formulas. As far as possible, spreadsheet shortcuts and functions are included, along with many simple worked examples. This book is a must-have guide to applied statistics in the lab that will result in improved experimental design and analysis. Comprehensive coverage of simple statistical concepts familiarizes the reader with formatted statistical expressionSimple, worked examples make formulas easy to use in real lifeSpreadsheet functions demonstrate how to find immediate solutions to common problemsIn-depth indexing and frequent use of synonyms facilitate the quick location of appropriate procedures.
- Laboratory tests and diagnostic procedures. 6th ed. 2013, ClinicalKey"Look no further for quick, complete answers to questions such as which laboratory tests to order or what the results might mean. Laboratory Tests And Diagnostic Procedures, 5th Edition covers more tests than any other reference of its kind, with over 900 lab tests and diagnostic procedures in all. In Part I, you'll find a unique, alphabetical list of hundreds of diseases, conditions, and symptoms, including the tests and procedures most commonly used to confirm or rule out a suspected diagnosis. Part II presents key information on virtually every laboratory and diagnostic test available. All test entries are up-to-date, concise, complete, and consistently presented, making this resource the perfect choice for students or practitioners who need fast, accurate information on diagnostic tests."--Publisher's website.
- Lymph node cytopathology 2011, SpringerIntroduction -- Overview of ancillary methods in lymph node FNA diagnosis -- Lymphadenopathy: anatomic and clinical clues to fine needle aspiration diagnosis -- Cytology of normal/reactive lymph nodes -- Overall assessment of the aspirate: diagnostic clues -- Overview of the algorithmic pattern-based approach to lymph node FNA -- The polymorphous lymphoid cell pattern -- The monotonous small-cell pattern -- The monotonous intermediate-sized cell pattern -- The monotonous large cell pattern -- The pleomorphic cell pattern -- Infectious and noninfectious lympadenitis -- Unusual neoplastic and nonneoplastic conditions of lymph nodes -- Pitfalls and limitations of FNA of lymph nodes.
- MacSween's Pathology of the liver. 6th ed. 2011, ScienceDirect1. Anatomy, pathophysiology and basic mechanisms of disease / James M. Crawford and Alastair D. Burt -- 2. Cellular and molecular techniques / Pierre Bedossa and Valerie Paradis -- 3. Developmental abnormalities and liver disease in childhood / Bernard C. Portmann and Eve A. Roberts -- 4. Genetic and metabolic liver disease / Richard J. Thompson, Bernard C. Portmann and Eve A. Roberts -- 5. Disorders of iron overload / Alan C. Paterson and Antonello Pietrangelo -- 6. Fatty liver disease : alcoholic and non-alcoholic / Elizabeth M. Brunt, Brent A. Neuschwander-Tetri and Alastair D. Burt -- 7. Acute and chronic viral hepatitis / Neil D. Theise, Henry C. Bodenheimer Jr. and Linda D. Ferrell -- 8. Other viral and infectious diseases and HIV-related liver disease / Sebastian B. Lucas, Sherif R. Zaki and Bernard C. Portmann -- 9. Autoimmune hepatitis / M. Kay Washington and Michael P. Manns -- 10. Diseases of the bile ducts / Yasuni Nakanuma, Yoh Zen and Bernard C. Portmann -- 11. Diseases of the gallbladder / Jorge Albores-Saavedra and Arturo Angeles-Angeles --12. Vascular disorders / Ian R. Wanless and Weei-Yuarn Huang -- 13. Hepatic injury due to drugs, herbal compounds, chemicals and toxins / James H. Lewis and David E. Kleiner -- 14. Tumours and tumour-like lesions of the liver / Zachary D. Goodman, Luigi M. Terracciano and Aileen Wee -- 15. Transplantation pathology / Stefan G. Hübscher and Andrew D. Clouston -- 16. Systemic disease / Alberto Quaglia, Alastair D. Burt, Linda D. Ferrell, Bernard C. Portmann.
- Making and using antibodies. 2nd ed. 2014, CRCnetBASE"This second edition provides guidance on all aspects of how to make and use antibodies for research, and commercial and industrial applications. All chapters are revised, updated, or expanded. New material in the book includes western blotting, aptamers, antibodies as therapeutics, quantitative production, and humanization of antibodies. The authors present descriptions of basic methods for making and using antibodies and describe basic laboratory techniques in detail. Each chapter includes introductory material, allowing for a better understanding of each concept. Practical examples are also included"--Provided by publisher.
- Diagnostic testing -- Blood studies : hematology and coagulation -- Urine studies -- Stool studies -- Cerebrospinal fluid studies -- Chemistry studies -- Microbiologic studies -- Immunodiagnostic studies -- Nuclear medicine studies -- X-ray studies -- Cytologic, histologic, and genetic studies -- Endoscopic studies -- Ultrasound studies -- Pulmonary function, arterial blood gases (ABGs), and electrolyte studies -- Prenatal diagnosis and tests of fetal well-being -- Special diagnostic, special specimen collection, and postmortem studies.
- Medical biomethods handbook 2005, SpringerFulltext Springer ProtocolsBasic techniques in molecular biology / Ralph Rapley -- Probe design, production, and applications / Marilena Aquino de Muro -- Restriction enzymes: tools in clinical research / Gareth J.S. Jenkins -- Southern blotting as a diagnostic method / Bronwen Harvey and Pirkko Soundy -- Western blotting as a diagnostic method / Pirkko Soundy and Bronwen Harvey -- Principles and medical applications of the polymerase chain reaction / Bimal D. M. Theophilus -- Single strand conformation polymorphism (SSCP) analysis / Igor Vorechovsky -- Denaturing gradient gel electrophoresis (DGGE) / Jeroen H. Roelfsema and Dorien J.M. Peters -- Quantitative analysis of DNA sequences by PCR and solid phase sequencing / Anu Suomalainen and Ann-Christine Syvänen -- Introduction to capillary electrophoresis of DNA: biomedical applications / Beatriz Sanchez-Vega -- Mapping techniques / Simon G. Gregory --Dideoxyfingerprinting for mutation detection / Ioannis Bossis, Antonios Voutetakis, and Constantine A. Stratakis -- Conformation sensitive gel electrophoresis / Marian Hill -- Amplification refractory mutation system and molecular diagnostics / Richard Kitching and Arun Seth -- Ligase chain reaction / Carla Osiowy -- Chemical cleavage of mismatch: theory and clinical applications / Neil V. Whittock and Louise Izatt -- The protein truncation test / Johan T. den Dunnen -- Linkage, allele sharing, and association / Mara Giordano -- Single nucleotide polymorphisms: technology and applications / Cyril Mamotte, Frank Christiansen, and Lyle J. Palmer -- cDNA microarrays / Philip G. Febbo -- Nucleic acid sequence-based amplification / Katherine Loens, D. Ursi, H. Goosens, and M. Ieven -- The oligonucleotide ligation assay / Faye A. Eggerding --Quantitative taqman real-time PCR: diagnostic and scientific applications / Jörg Dötsch, Ellen Schoof, and Wolfgang Rascher -- Use of denaturing high-performance liquid chromatography in molecular medicine / Elizabeth L. Rugg and Gareth J. Magee -- Quantitative PCR / David Sugden -- Liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry of nucleic acids / Herbert Oberacher and Walther Parson -- Comparative genomic hybridization in clinical and medical research / Peng-Hui Wang, Yann-Jang Chen, and Chi-Hung Lin -- Bioinformatics tools for gene and protein sequence analysis / Bernd H.A. Rehm and Frank Reinecke -- In situ hybridization / Amanda D. Watters -- Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay / William J. Jordan -- Protein therapeutics: mouse, humanized, and human antibodies / Benny K.C. Lo -- Karyotyping / Avery A. Sandberg, John F. Stone, and Zhong Chen --Microsatellite analysis / Rachel E. Ibbotson and Anton E. Parker -- Analysis of chromosomal translocations / Andreas Hochhaus -- Differential display: theory and applications / Irina Gromova, Pavel Gromov, and Julio E. Celis -- Techniques for gene expression profiling / Mark P. Richards -- Capillary electrophoresis in clinical analysis / Margaret A. Jenkins and Sujiva Ratnaike -- Flow cytometry in the biomedical arena / James L. Weaver and Maryalice Stetler-Stevenson -- Immunocytochemistry / Patricia A. Fetsch -- Ribotyping in clinical microbiology / Patricia Severino and Sylvain Brisse -- Diagnostic applications of protein microarrays / Samir Hanash -- The human genome project / Rahul Chodhari and Eddie Chung -- Prenatal diagnosis of inborn errors of metabolism / Guy T.N. Besley -- Gene therapy: methods and application / Stella B. Somiari.
- Methods in biological oxidative stress 2003, Springer Protocols
- Microchip methods in diagnostics 2009, Springer ProtocolsDNA microarrays: an introduction to the technology /Ursula Bilitewski --Discussion of the applicability of microarrays: profiling of leukemias /Torsten Haferlach ... [et al.] --Expression profiling using Affymetrix GeneChip microarrays /Herbert Auer, David L. Newsom, and Karl Kornacker --Genotyping of mutation in the beta-globin gene using DNA microarrays /Martin Dufva and Lena Poulsen --Antibody-based microarrays /Christer Wingren and Carl A.K. Borrebaeck --Application of protein ArrayTubes to bacteria, toxin, and biological warfare agent detection /Ralf Ehricht ... [et al.] --Detection of known allergen-specific IgE antibodies by immunological methods /Barbara I. Fall and Reinhard NieSner --Peptide microarrays for serum antibody diagnostics /Heiko Andresen and Frank F. Bier --Microchips for cell-based assays /Martin Dufva --Bio-cell chip fabrication and applications /Honggu Chun, Dong Soon Lee, and Hee Chan Kim --Microchip capillary electrophoresis /Elaine T.T. Tay ... [et al.] --Detection of enteropathogenic Escherichia Coli by microship capillary electrophoresis /Wai S. Law, Sam F.Y. Li, and Larry J. Kricka.
- Modern clinical molecular techniques 2012, SpringerPart 1.Current Molecular Laboratory Methods --Specimen Collection, Handling, and Processing /Lindsy Hengesbach and John A. Gerlach --DNA/RNA Isolation and Quantitation /Jing Wang --Test Validation /Cindy McCloskey and S. Terence Dunn --In Vitro Amplification Methods in Molecular Diagnostics /C. Alexander Valencia and Bradford Coffee --Whole Genome Sequencing in the Clinical Laboratory /Tina Hambuch, Brad Sickler, Arnold Liao, Suneer Jain and Philip D. Cotter --Estimation of Exon Dosage Using Real-Time Quantitative Polymerase Chain Reaction /Applications to Factor VIII Gene in Hemophilia A and Endoglin/ACVRL1 Genes in Hereditary Hemorrhagic Telangiectasia /Juliana Purrazzella and Arupa Ganguly --Reporting Clinical Molecular Genetic Laboratory Results /Victor Wei Zhang and Lora J. H. Bean --Part 2.Clinical Molecular Infectious Disease Testing --HIV-1 Genotyping and Virtual Phenotyping /Fangling Xu and Jianli Dong --COBAS® AmpliPrep/COBAS® TaqMan® HIV-1 Test, Version 2.0 /Tavat A. Buraruk and Charles E. Stager --Hepatitis C Virus (HCV) Genotype Assay (LiPA) /Charles E. Stager and Tavat A. Buraruk --COBAS® AmpliPrep/COBAS® TaqMan® HCV Test /Charles E. Stager and Tavat A. Buraruk --Epstein-Barr Virus and Cytomegalovirus Viral Load Monitoring by Quantitative Real-Time Polymerase Chain Reaction /Su S. Chen, Seema Hai, Margaret L. Gulley and Rajyalakshmi Luthra --Quantification of BK Viral Load /Hai Wu and Jianli Dong --Molecular Diagnosis and Epidemiology of Rabies /Rodney E. Rohde and Bonny C. Mayes --Pyrosequencing for Bacterial Identification /Laura Millecker and Ruth Ann Luna --Other Pathogens of Significant Public Health Concern /Chris L. McGowin, Rodney E. Rohde and Greg C. Whitlock --Part 3.Clinical Molecular Oncology Testing --Gene Rearrangements Testing /Siby Sebastian, Juan Du and Rizwan Naeem --Mutation Analysis in Cancer /Keyur Pravinchandra Patel, John Galbincea and Rajyalakshmi Luthra --Minimal Residual Disease /Wesley O. Greaves and Rajyalakshmi Luthra --Pyrosequencing in Cancer /Shalini Verma, Bedia A. Barkoh and Rajyalakshmi Luthra --Clinical Applications of Microarrays in Cancer /Marilyn M. Li, Ankita Patel and Xiaofeng Hu --Basic Theories and Clinical Applications of Molecular Flow Cytometry /Hua-Kang Wu, Hongli Chen and Peter C. Hu --Part 4.Clinical Molecular Pre/Postnatal Testing --Molecular Prenatal Diagnostic Testing /Joanna Wiszniewska and Christine M. Eng --PCR Based Diagnosis of Fragile X Syndrome /Daniel J. Dykas and Allen E. Bale --Part 5.Human Identity Testing --Microsatellite Testing Short Tandem Repeat Profile Generation /Robin DeVille Guidry and Laura Gahn --Parentage /Laura Gahn and Robin DeVille Guidry --Part 6.Clinical Molecular Training --Diagnostic Molecular Training /Peter C. Hu, Patrick Alan Lennon and Madhuri R. Hegde --Molecular Diagnostics Point of Care Testing Training /Chang W. Lee and Peter C. Hu.
- Molecular basis of health and disease 2011, SpringerThe book describes how the balance between pro- and anti-inflammatory molecules is related to health and disease. It is suggested that many diseases are initiated and their progress is influenced by inflammatory molecules and a decrease in the production and/or action of anti-inflammatory molecules and this imbalance between pro- and anti-inflammatory molecules seems to have been initiated in the perinatal period. This implies that strategies to prevent and manage various adult diseases should start in the perinatal period. An alteration in the metaolism of essential fatty acids and their anti-inflammatory molecules such as lipoxins, resolvins, protecitns, maresins and nitrolipids seems to play a major role in the pathobiology of several adult diseases. Based on these concepts, novel therapeutic approaches in the management of insulin resistance, obesity, type 2 diabetes mellitus, metabolic syndrome, cancer, lupus, rheumatoid arthritis and other auto-immune diseases are presented. Based on all these evidences, a unified concept that several adult diseases are due to an alteration in the balance between pro- and anti-inflammatory molecules is discussed and novel methods of their management are presented.
- Molecular diagnostics 2014, SpringerMolecular Diagnostics: 12 Tests That Changed Everything focuses on specific laboratory tests and emphasizes how the availability of these tests has altered how clinicians treat their patients. Presented as a standard outline, each chapter focuses on a specific molecular test and provides background on the test and its clinical applications. Continuing with some discussion on how the test is done, interpreted, and used clinically, each chapter then concludes with a discussion of how that test has changed the way medicine is practiced with respect to the disease or condition in question. Authored by renowned experts in the field, Molecular Diagnostics: 12 Tests That Changed Everything is a valuable resource for pathologists, pathology residents, laboratory directors, development personnel, lab medicine fellows and those working in the broad area of oncology, infectious disease and genetics.
- Molecular diagnostics for dermatology 2014, Springer"This textbook presents the current (and near-future) state of affairs of molecular testing as it pertains to the dermatology patient. It focuses on practical applications of molecular diagnostics over a cross-section of dermatologic disease, including melanoma, lymphoma, soft tissue tumors, genodermatoses, and infectious disease. It includes practical advice to those ordering molecular tests as well as to those considering performing such tests, providing a potential template for a comprehensive dermatologic molecular diagnostics test menu. Pitfalls of interpretation and algorithmic approaches to testing are included. The textbook is directed towards all readers -- clinicians, pathologists, laboratorians, and other inquisitive minds -- independent of their level of molecular expertise, to provoke thought or perhaps even change practice. The context for the book is the rapid evolution of the field of molecular diagnostics, which is becoming more pervasive in all disciplines of medicine, including dermatology. This is indeed an exciting time in dermatology. Molecular testing is now incorporated into all aspects of patient management, including diagnostics (identifying and classifying disease), prognostics (predicting disease course), and theranostics (predicting response to therapy). For example, molecular tests are now used to detect germline mutations that result in genodermatoses, somatic genetic events that characterize tumors such as melanoma and sarcomas, and genetic material of otherwise undetectable infectious organisms. For melanoma and lymphoma, testing can potentially predict tumor behavior and modify patient staging. Regarding theranostics, molecular tests that identify specific mutations in proto-oncogenes, such as BRAF and others, are now used to predict which patients will respond to designer targeted therapies. Molecular theranostics has revolutionized the entire treatment paradigm for patients with advanced melanoma, replacing "excise and pray" approaches with personalized medicine."--Publisher's website.
- Molecular Diagnostics in Dermatology and Dermatopathology 2011, Springer
- Molecular genetic pathology. 2nd ed. 2013, SpringerMolecular Genetic Pathology, Second Edition presents up-to-date material containing fundamental information relevant to the clinical practice of molecular genetic pathology. Fully updated in each area and expanded to include identification of new infectious agents (H1N1), new diagnostic biomarkers and biomarkers for targeted cancer therapy. This edition is also expanded to include the many new technologies that have become available in the past few years such as microarray (AmpliChip) and high throughput deep sequencing, which will certainly change the clinical practice of molecular genetic pathology. Part I examines the clinical aspects of molecular biology and technology, genomics. Poharmacogenomics and proteomics, while Part II covers the clinically relevant information of medical genetics, hematology, transfusion medicine, oncology, and forensic pathology. Supplemented with many useful figures and presented in a helpful bullet-point format, Molecular Genetic Pathology, Second Edition provides a unique reference for practicing pathologists, oncologists, internists, and medical genetisists. Furthermore, a book with concise overview of the field and highlights of clinical applications will certainly help those trainees, including pathology residents, genetics residents, molecular pathology fellows, internists, hematology/oncology fellows, and medical technologists in preparing for their board examination/certification.
- Molecular pathology and diagnostics of cancer 2014, SpringerPreface -- Molecular Pathology and Diagnostics of Gliomas.-Molecular Pathology and Diagnostics of Thyroid and Parathyroid Malignancies -- Molecular Pathology and Diagnostics of Breast Cancer -- Molecular Pathology and Diagnostics of Non-Small Cell Lung Carcinoma -- Molecular Pathology and Diagnostics of Colorectal Cancer -- Molecular Pathology and Diagnostics in Esophago-Gastric Cancer -- Molecular-Genetic Testing in Hepatocellular Carcinoma and Its Premalignant Conditions -- Molecular Diagnostics of Pancreatic Cancer -- Molecular Pathology and Diagnostics of Prostate Cancer -- Molecular Diagnosis of Bladder and Kidney Cancer -- Molecular-Genetic Testing in Penile, Scrotal, and Testicular Cancer -- Molecular Pathology and Diagnostics of Gynecologic Malignancies -- Molecular Pathology of Bone and Soft Tissue Neoplasms and Potential Targets for Novel Therapy -- Molecular Pathology and Diagnostics of Pancreatic Endocrine Neoplasms -- Molecular Pathology and Diagnostics of Childhood Tumors -- Molecular Pathology and Diagnostics of Cutaneous Malignancy -- Molecular Diagnostics of Lymphoid Neoplasms -- Molecular Diagnostics of Myeloid Neoplasms.
- Molecular pathology in clinical practice 2007, SpringerBasics of molecular biology -- Molecular pathology methods -- Genetic counseling -- Pedigree analysis and risk assessment -- Bayesian analysis -- Developmental disabilities -- Neuromuscular diseases -- Molecular genetic testing for metabolic disorders -- Fibroblast growth factor receptor-related skeletal disorders -- Cystic fibrosis -- Deafness -- Coagulation disorders -- Hematologic disorders : hemochromatosis, hemoglobinopathies, and Rh incompatibility --Cardiovascular disease -- Neurodegenerative disorders -- Skin and connective tissue disorders -- Inherited breast cancer -- Familial adenomatous polyposis and Turcot and Peutz-Jeghers syndromes -- Hereditary nonpolyposis colorectal cancer -- Multiple endocrine neoplasia syndromes -- The neurofibromatoses -- TP53 mutation and Li-Fraumeni syndrome -- von Hippel-Lindau disease -- Breast cancer -- Urothelial carcinoma -- Sarcomas -- Gliomas --Molecular detection of occult tumor cells -- Microarray studies (Beyond histology) -- Acute myeloid leukemia -- Acute lymphoblastic leukemia -- B-cell lymphomas -- T-cell lymphomas -- Lymphoproliferations of immunodeficiency -- Myeloproliferative disorders and myelodysplastic syndromes -- Human immunodeficiency virus type 1 -- Hepatitis B and C viruses -- Viral infections in transplant patients -- Viral infections of the central nervous system --Sexually transmitted diseases -- Respiratory pathogens -- Bacterial pathogens -- Mycobacterial infections -- Forensic DNA typing -- Parentage and relationship testing -- Assessment of chimerism in the setting of allogenic hematopoietic cell transplantation -- Specimen identification through DNA analysis -- Molecular HLA typing -- Molecular pathology laboratory management -- From research to clinical practice.
- Molecular pathology of endocrine diseases 2010, SpringerMolecular oncogenesis -- Systematic autoimmune diseases -- MicroRNAs in endocrine diseases -- Clinical detection and treatment of thyroid diseases -- Autoimmune thyroid diseases -- Benign nodular thyroid disease -- Fine needle aspiration: present and future -- Well-differentiated papillary thyroid carcinoma -- Well-differentiated thyroid follicular carcinoma -- Poorly differentiated and undifferentiated thyroid carcinomas -- Medullary thyroid carcinoma -- Unusual thyroid tumors -- Hematopoietic tumors of the thyroid -- Clinical detection and treatment of parathyroid diseases -- Nonneoplastic parathyroid diseases -- Neoplastic parathyroid diseases -- Clinical detection and treatment of benign and malignant pituitary diseases -- Nonneoplastic and neoplastic pituitary diseases -- Clinical detection and treatment of adrenal disease -- Benign and malignant pheochromocytomas and paragangliomas -- Benign and malignant diseases of the adrenal cortex -- Clinical detection and treatment of pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors -- Pancreatic endocrine neoplasms -- Gastrointestinal neuroendocrine tumors -- Head and neck neuroendocrine tumors -- Merkel cell carcinoma -- Neuroendocrine lung tumors.
- Molecular pathology of hematolymphoid diseases 2010, SpringerSection I. Molecular Pathology of Hematolymphoid Neoplasms: General Principles -- Molecular Oncogenesis / Aniruddha J. Deshpande, Christian Buske, Leticia Quintanilla-Martinez, and Falko Fend -- Genetic Predispositions for Hematologic and Lymphoid Disorders / Frederick G. Behm -- Prognostic Markers / David Bahler -- Cancer Stem Cells: Potential Targets for Molecular Medicine / Isabel G. Newton and Catriona H.M. Jamieson -- Gene Therapy for Leukemia and Lymphoma / Xiaopei Huang and Yiping Yang -- Chemical and Environmental Agents (Including Chemotherapeutic Agents and Immunosuppression) / Richard J.Q. McNally -- Viral Oncogenesis / Alexander A. Benders and Margaret L. Gulley -- Section II. Specific Techniques and Their Applications in Molecular Hematopathology -- Techniques to Determine Clonality in Hematolymphoid Malignancies / Daniel E. Sabath -- Techniques to Detect Defining Chromosomal Translocations/Abnormalities / Jennifer J.D. Morrissette, Karen Weck, and Cherie H. Dunphy -- Molecular Techniques to Detect Disease and Response to Therapy: Minimal Residual Disease / Marie E. Beckner and Jeffrey A. Kant -- Detection of Resistance to Therapy in Hematolymphoid Neoplasms / Karen Weck -- Monitoring Engraftment of Bone Marrow Transplant by DNA Fingerprinting / Jessica K. Booker -- Gene Expression Profiling / Cherie H. Dunphy -- Proteomics of Human Malignant Lymphoma / Megan S. Lim, Rodney R. Miles, and Kojo S.J. Elenitoba-Johnson -- Mouse Models of Hematolymphoid Malignancies / Krista M.D. La Perle and Suzana S. Couto -- Section III. Molecular Pathology of Hematolymphoid Neoplasms: Specific Subtypes -- Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia/Small Lymphocytic Lymphoma / Patricia Aoun -- Marginal Zone B-Cell Lymphoma / Lynne V. Abruzzo and Rachel L. Sargent -- Lymphoplasmacytic Lymphoma / Pei Lin -- Molecular Pathology of Plasma Cell Neoplasms / James R. Cook -- The Roles of Molecular Techniques in the Diagnosis and Management of Follicular Lymphoma / W. Richard Burack -- Mantle Cell Lymphoma / Kai Fu and Qinglong Hu -- Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphomas / Cherie H. Dunphy --The Molecular Pathology of Burkitt Lymphoma / Claudio Mosse and Karen Weck -- Precursor B-Cell Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia / Julie M. Gastier-Foster -- Molecular Genetics of Mature T/NK Neoplasms / John P. Greer, Utpal P. Davé, Nishitha Reddy, Christine M. Lovly, and Claudio A. Mosse -- Precursor T-Cell Neoplasms / Kim De Keersmaecker and Adolfo Ferrando -- Classical Hodgkin Lymphoma and Nodular Lymphocyte-Predominant Hodgkin Lymphoma / Michele Roullet and Adam Bagg -- Posttransplant Lymphoproliferative Disorder / Margaret L. Gulley -- AIDS-Related Lymphomas / Amy Chadburn and Ethel Cesarman -- Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia / Dan Jones -- Molecular Pathogenesis of Nonchronic Myeloid Leukemia Myeloproliferative Neoplasms / Mike Perez and Chung-Che (Jeff) Chang -- Molecular Pathology of Myelodysplastic/Myeloproliferative Neoplasms, Myeloid, and Lymphoid Neoplasms with Eosinophilia and Abnormalities of PDGFRA, PDGFRB, and FGFR1, and Mastocytosis / Robert P. Hasserjian -- Molecular Pathogenesis of Myelodysplastic Syndromes / Jesalyn J. Taylor and Chung-Che "Jeff" Chang -- Acute Myeloid Leukemias with Recurrent Cytogenetic Abnormalities / Sergej Konoplev and Carlos Bueso-Ramos -- Acute Myeloid Leukemias with Normal Cytogenetics / Sergej Konoplev and Carlos Bueso-Ramos -- Acute Myeloid Leukemia with Myelodysplasia-Related Changes and Therapy-Related Acute Myeloid Leukemia / Sergej N. Konoplev and Carlos E. Bueso-Ramos -- Molecular Pathology of Hemoglobin and Erythrocyte Membrane Disorders / Murat O. Arcasoy and Patrick G. Gallagher -- White Blood Cell and Immunodeficiency Disorders / John F. Bastian and Michelle Hernandez -- Molecular Basis of Disorders of Hemostasis and Thrombosis / Alice Ma -- Sarcoidosis: Are There Sarcoidosis Genes? / Helmut H. Popper -- Castleman's Disease / Richard Flavin, Cara M. Martin, Orla Sheils, and John James O'Leary -- Molecular Pathology of Histiocytic Disorders / Mihaela Onciu -- Reactive Lymphadenopathies: Molecular Analysis / Dennis P. O'Malley -- Molecular Pathology of Infectious Lymphadenitides / Kristin Fiebelkorn -- Gene Therapy for Nonneoplastic Hematologic and Histiocytic Disorders / Kareem N. Washington, John F. Tisdale, and Matthew M. Hsieh.
- Molecular pathology of pituitary adenomas. 1st ed. 2012, ScienceDirectPituitary tumor classification : functionality, invasiveness, and aggressiveness -- Immunohistochemistry and electron microscopy as evaluation criteria in tumor classification in the deciphering of pituitary adenomas -- Proliferation -- Angiogenesis -- Apoptosis -- Signal transduction -- Stem cell markers in pituitary adenomas -- MicroRNAs -- New generic tools for diagnosis: genomics and proteomics -- Therapeutic approaches: drug, surgical, and radiotherapy.
- Molecular surgical pathology 2013, SpringerMolecular Pathology of Colorectal Cancer / Fred T. Bosman -- Molecular Pathology of Pancreatic Cancer / Laura D. Wood, N. Volkan Adsay and Ralph H. Hruban -- Molecular Pathology of Liver Tumors / Thomas Longerich, Kai Breuhahn and Peter Schirmacher -- Molecular Pathology of Gallbladder Cancer / Juan Carlos Roa and N. Volkan Adsay -- Molecular Pathology of Lung Cancers / Lynette M. Sholl and Neal I. Lindeman -- Molecular Pathology of Breast Cancer / Alejandro Ariel Gru and Donald Craig Allred -- Molecular Pathology of Ovarian Cancer / Kruti P. Maniar, Ie-Ming Shih and Robert J. Kurman -- Molecular Pathology of Endometrial Cancer / Xavier Matias-Guiu and Jaime Prat -- Molecular Pathology of Kidney Tumors / Sean R. Williamson, John N. Eble and Liang Cheng -- Molecular Pathology of Prostate Cancer / Bora Gurel, Riley E. Alexander, Liang Cheng and Angelo M. De Marzo -- Molecular Pathology of Urinary Bladder Cancer / George J. Netto and Liang Cheng -- Molecular Pathology of Testicular Cancer / Katharina Biermann and Leendert H. J. Looijenga -- Molecular Pathology of Cutaneous Melanoma and Nonmelanoma Skin Cancer / Andrea Saggini and Boris Bastian -- Molecular Pathology of Head and Neck Cancer / Audrey P. Calzada, Maie A. St. John, Elliot Abemayor and David T. W. Wong -- Molecular Pathology of Soft Tissue and Bone Tumors / Neal I. Lindeman and Paola Dal Cin -- Molecular Pathology of the Central Nervous System / Brent T. Harris and Eyas M. Hattab -- Molecular Pathology of Endocrine Cancer / Ricardo V. Lloyd, Long Jin, Darya Buehler, Heather Hardin and Weihua Shan.
- Molecular testing in cancer 2014, SpringerMolecular Testing in Cancer provides a state of the art review of clinically relevant molecular pathology in cancer. The book provides a brief, easy to read review of commonly employed diagnostic molecular techniques including recently developed "next generation" analytic tools, and offers a system-based run-through of the utility of molecular testing in individual cancer types, as well as reviewing current markers in cancer diagnosis, prognosis, and management. The volume also provides a prospective for the future which includes recently characterized and emerging biomarkers. Written by experts in the field, Molecular Testing in Cancer serves as a useful and comprehensive resource for pathologists, hematologists, laboratory technicians and molecular scientists.
- Mouse models of human blood cancers 2008, Springer
- Non-fibrillar amyloidogenic protein assemblies 2012, Springer
- Nonclinical study contracting and monitoring 2013, ScienceDirectNonclinical Study Contracting and Monitoring: A Practical Guide offers a systematic and straightforward handbook for obtaining high quality preclinical Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) studies. This book is full of real-world examples, processes, procedures, useful templates, checklists and sample reports to provide readers with a better understanding of exactly what happens during all stages of a GLP study and the critical aspects of GLP study design and conduct.
- Nucleic acid testing for human disease 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Operated heart at autopsy 2009, Springer
- Orell & Sterrett's Fine needle aspiration cytology. 5th ed. 2012, ScienceDirectChapter 1 Introduction -- Chapter 2 The techniques of FNA cytology -- Chapter 3 Imaging methods for guidance of aspiration cytology -- Chapter 4 Head and neck; salivary glands -- Chapter 5 Lymph nodes -- Chapter 6 The thyroid gland -- Chapter 7 Breast -- Chapter 8 Lung, chest wall and pleura -- Chapter 9 Mediastinum -- Chapter 10 Liver and spleen -- Chapter 11 Pancreas, biliary tract and intra-abdominal organs -- Chapter 12 Kidney, adrenal and retroperitoneum -- Chapter 13 Male and female genital organs -- Chapter 14 Skin and subcutis -- Chapter 15 Soft tissues -- Chapter 16 Bone and cartilage -- Chapter 17 Paediatric tumors -- Chapter 18 Infectious Diseases.
- Oxidative stress, inflammation, and health 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Oxygen biology and hypoxia 2007, ScienceDirect
- Pancreatic cytopathology 2007, SpringerIntroduction to Pancreatic Cytopathology -- Pancreatic Cytopathology: A Pragmatic Approach -- Pancreatic Ductal Adenocarcinoma and Its Variants -- Ancillary Testing for the Diagnosis of Pancreatic Ductal Adenocarcinoma -- Acinar Cell Carcinoma -- Pancreatoblastoma -- Solid-Pseudopapillary Neoplasm -- Pancreatic Endocrine Tumors -- Cystic Muscus-Producing Neoplasia: Intraductal Papillary Mucinous Neoplasms and Mucinous Cystic Neoplasms -- Other Cystic Lesions of the Pancreas -- Inflammatory Disease of the Pancreas -- Secondary Malignancies of the Pancreas.
- Patho-epigenetics of disease 2012, SpringerThe Impact of Foreign DNA Integration on Tumor Biology and Evolution via Epigenetic Alterations / Walter Doerfler -- The Role of DNMT3B Mutations in the Pathogenesis of ICF Syndrome / Sole Gatto, Maurizio D'Esposito and Maria R. Matarazzo -- Dysfunction of the Methyl-CpG-Binding Protein MeCP2 in Rett Syndrome / Gaston Calfa, Alan K. Percy and Lucas Pozzo-Miller -- Epigenetic Alterations in Glioblastoma Multiforme / John K. Wiencke -- Aberrant Epigenetic Regulation in Breast Cancer / Amanda Ewart Toland -- The Impact of Epigenetic Alterations on Diagnosis, Prediction, and Therapy of Prostate Cancer / Christian Arsov, Wolfgang Goering and Wolfgang A. Schulz -- Epigenetic Reprogramming in Lung Carcinomas / András Kádár and Tibor A. Rauch -- Epigenetic Changes in Virus-Associated Neoplasms / Hans Helmut Niller, Ferenc Banati, Eva Ay and Janos Minarovits -- Genetic and Epigenetic Determinants of Aggression / Barbara Klausz, József Haller, Áron Tulogdi and Dóra Zelena -- Co-Regulation and Epigenetic Dysregulation in Schizophrenia and Bipolar Disorder / Dóra Zelena -- Disruption of Epigenetic Mechanisms in Autoimmune Syndromes / Lorenzo de la Rica and Esteban Ballestar -- Imprinting Disorders / Thomas Eggermann -- Epigenetics and Atherosclerosis / Einari Aavik, Mikko P. Turunen and Seppo Ylä-Herttuala -- Microbe-Induced Epigenetic Alterations / Hans Helmut Niller, Ferenc Banati, Eva Ay and Janos Minarovits.
- Pathology 2008, AccessMedicineCellular pathology -- Inflammation and repair -- Pathology of the immune system -- Neoplasia -- Environmental and nutritional pathology -- Genetic disorders -- Pediatric pathology -- Hemodynamics -- Vascular pathology -- Cardiac pathology -- Neuropathology -- Hematopathology -- Pulmonary pathology -- Gastrointestinal pathology -- Pathology of the liver, gallbladder, and pancreas -- Pathology of the kidney and bladder -- Pathology of the male and female reproductive tract and breast -- Endocrine pathology -- Pathology of the bones and joints -- Dermatopathology -- Practice examination answers.
- Pathology and surgery around the vertebral artery 2011, SpringerThis is the first comprehensive book about surgery on and around the vertebral artery all along its cervical and intracranial course. This vessel has been considered for long as out of surgical reach leaving many different pathologies not or incompletely treated. The surgical exposure and control of the vertebral artery not only permit to treat lesions of the vertebral artery wall or developed in contact to it but also to improve the access to the intervertebral foramen (tumors, osteophytes), to the anterior aspect of the spinal cord (tumors, spondylotic spurs), to the foramen magnum and to the jugular foramen. This book written by leading experts includes all aspects of vertebral artery surgery from anatomy to imaging, surgical techniques and pathologies; it is illustrated by many figures especially operative views and schematic drawings so that the beginner as well as the experienced surgeon find useful information. One of the editors of this book (B. GEORGE) was recently awarded the Olivecrona award for his work on the surgery of the vertebral artery.
- The third edition of Pathology of Asbestos-Associated Diseases builds on the success of the previous editions by fully updating knowledge on diagnostic and epidemiologic aspects and presenting important new insights derived from new epidemiologic studies and animal studies. Background information is first provided on the mineralogy of asbestos, occupational and environmental exposure, and asbestos bodies. The various diseases associated with asbestos exposure are then considered in turn, with detailed description and illustration of pathologic features as well as extensive discussion of etiology, epidemiology, differential diagnosis, treatment, and prognosis. Further chapters are devoted to cytopathology, experimental models of disease, and analysis of tissue mineral fiber content. In addition, the medicolegal issues relating to asbestos-associated diseases are analyzed from the point of view of both the plaintiff and the defendant. This book will be an essential reference for pathologists and an invaluable source of information for pulmonologists, radiologists, and occupational medical practitioners.
- Pathology of melanocytic nevi and melanoma. [3rd edition] 2014, SpringerHighly acclaimed and considered the leading reference in the field, Pathology of Melanocytic Nevi and Melanoma has once again been fully revised, updated, and expanded to reflect the most recent advances and techniques in the field of melanoma pathology. New chapters on mucosal melanoma, ocular melanoma, and pigmented lesions of the nail apparatus have been included in this new edition. The successful focus and format of the previous editions have been preserved. Each lesion and diagnosis is clearly illustrated withthe aid of a wealth of digitally enhanced full-color photomicrographs. A concise description of the clinical features, histopathology, differential diagnosis, and outstanding characteristics of each lesion provides readers with a quick yet comprehensive overview of each topic covered. Pathology of Melanocytic Nevi and Melanoma is the essential reference for every practicing dermatopathologist, pathologist, dermatologist, and cancer research scientist today.
- Pathology of the human placenta. 6th ed. 2012, SpringerPathology of the Human Placenta remains the most comprehensive and authoritative text in the field. It provides extensive information on the normal placenta, encompassing physiology, metabolism, and endocrinology, and covers placental diseases in great detail. The conditions discussed include shape aberrations, villous alterations and maldevelopment, erythroblastosis fetalis and hydrops fetalis, transplacental hemorrhage, fetal storage disorders, diverse maternal diseases, and infectious diseases. Further chapters are devoted to abortions, molar pregnancies, trophoblastic neoplasms, benign tumors, and multiple pregnancies. Legal considerations are carefully explored, and this new edition also includes a completely new chapter on artificial reproductive technology. In other respects, too, the book has been extensively revised and expanded, with wide-ranging updates that reflect the most recent progress in the field. Some 800 illustrations are included, many of them in color. The detailed index has been further improved and tables updated. Pathology of the Human Placenta will be of enormous value to pathologists and obstetrician-gynecologists alike.
- Pathology of the lungs. 3rd ed. 2011, ScienceDirectWith an emphasis on practical diagnostic problem solving, Pathology of the Lungs 3e provides the pulmonary pathologist and the general surgical pathologist with an accessible, comprehensive guide to the recognition and interpretation of common and rare neoplastic and non-neoplastic lung conditions. The text is written by two authors and covers all topics in a consistent manner without the redundancies or lapses that are common in multi-authored texts. The text is lavishly illustrated with the highest quality illustrations which accurately depict the histologic, immunohistochemical and cytologic findings under consideration and it is supplemented throughout with practical tips and advice from two internationally respected experts. The user-friendly design and format allows rapid access to essential information and the incorporation throughout of relevant clinical and radiographic information makes it a complete diagnostic resource inside the reporting room. Approximately 1,000 high quality full color illustrations. Provides the user with a complete visual guide to each specimen and assists in the recognition and diagnosis of any slide looked at under the microscope. Comprehensive coverage of both common and rare lung diseases and disorders. One stop consultation resource for the reporting room or study, no need to go further to get questions answered. Clinical background and ancillary radiographs incorporated throughout. Provides the user with all of the necessary diagnostic tools to make a complete and accurate pathologic report. Practical advice and tips from two of the world's recognized experts. Provides the trainee and general surgical pathologist with time saving diagnostic clues when dealing with difficult specimens. Consistent and uniform approach incorporated for each disease and disorder (Etiology, pathogenesis, clinical features, pathologic features, differential diagnosis) User-friendly format enables quick and easy navigation to the key information required.
- Pathology of the pancreas-- a practical approach 2013, SpringerPathology of the Pancreas: A Practical Approach covers all the diagnostic entities in adult pancreatic pathology, providing extensive illustrations and tables to assist the pathologist at the time of diagnostic reporting of histological and cytological specimens. Potential pitfalls and mimics in pancreatic pathology are highlighted and illustrated, and guidance is provided regarding how to recognize and avoid them. Pathology of the Pancreas: A Practical Approach enables the pathologist to recognize the various pathological entities and provide the key information in their pathology reports, which is necessary for the individual patient's further management. It is based on the most recent diagnostic algorithms, international consensus guidelines, and systems for disease classification, staging and grading. Clinical information is also included, where it is important for the multidisciplinary team management discussion. Pathology of the Pancreas: A Practical Approach is a bench book for everyday use beside the microscope and provides the diagnostic pathologist with a comprehensive, well-illustrated and extensively cross-referenced approach to pancreatic pathology.
- Pathology of the placenta. 3rd ed. 2007, ClinicalKeyAppendix 1: Placental weight -- Appendix 2: Medicolegal aspects of placental pathology.Pathology of the placenta: an introduction and overview -- The development and structure of the placenta -- Physiology of the placenta -- Abnormalities of placentation and of placental development -- Macroscopoic abnormalities of the placenta -- Histological abnormalities of the placenta -- The placenta in pregnancies of abnormal duration -- The placenta in maternal disorders -- The placenta in abnormalities and disorders of the fetus -- The placenta in miscarriage -- Infections and inflammatory lesions of the placenta -- The placenta in multiple pregnancy -- Immunopatholgoy of the placenta -- Non-trophoblastic tumours of the placenta -- Gestational trophoblastic disease -- Pathology of the umbilical cord -- Pathology of the membranes -- Correlation of ultrasonic and pathological findings.
- Pathology of the vulva and vagina 2013, SpringerDevelopment and Anatomy: Disorders of Development -- Vulvovaginal Infections -- Noninfectious Dermatoses of the Vulva -- Cysts, Non neoplastic Glandular Lesions, and Glandular Neoplasms of the Vulva and Vagina -- Melanoctyic Lesions of the Vulva and Vagina -- Precursors of Vulvovaginal Squamous Cell Carcinoma -- Squamous Cell Carcinoma and Basal Cell Carcinoma of the Vulva and Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Vagina -- Vulvovaginal Mesenchymal Lesions -- Skin Adnexal Tumors.
- Pathophysiology cases 2010, AccessMedicineGenetic Disease -- Disorders of the Immune System -- Infectious Diseases -- Neoplasia -- Blood Disorders -- Nervous System Disorders -- Diseases of the Skin -- Pulmonary Disease -- Cardiovascular Disorders: Heart Disease -- Cardiovascular Disorders: Vascular Disease -- Disorders of the Adrenal Medulla -- Gastrointestinal Disease -- Liver Disease -- Disorders of the Exocrine Pancreas -- Renal Disease -- Disorders of the Parathyroids & Calcium & Phosphorus Metabolism -- Disorders of the Endocrine Pancreas -- Disorders of the Hypothalamus & Pituitary Gland -- Thyroid Disease -- Disorders of the Adrenal Cortex -- Disorders of the Female Reproductive Tract -- Disorders of the Male Reproductive Tract -- Inflammatory Rheumatic Diseases.
- Pathophysiology of disease. 7th ed. 2014, AccessMedicineThis text introduces students to clinical medicine by reviewing the pathophysiologic basis of the signs and symptoms of 100 diseases commonly encountered in medical practice. Each chapter first describes normal function of a major organ or organ system, then turns attention to the pathology and disordered physiology, including the role of genetics, immunology, and infection in pathogenesis. Underlying disease mechanisms are described, along with their systems, signs, and symptoms, and the way these mechanisms themselves determine the most effective treatment.
- Pediatric neoplasia 2012, SpringerPediatric Neoplasia: Advances in Molecular Pathology and Translational Medicine presents many of the major, relevant advances in molecular pathology that are occurring in the field of pediatric oncology and will serve as a useful overview for resident and attending physicians as well as scientists interested in understanding the molecular pathology of pediatric cancer in the context of clinical medicine. Chapters are based upon organ systems, and each is written by an expert or pair of experts in their field with subspecialty training and extensive clinical experience. Each chapter describes a variable number of tumors and includes an overview of the classification system and clinicopathological characteristics of each tumor. This is followed by a discussion of the molecular pathology relevant to a specific tumor, including specific molecular markers of the tumors, methods used for diagnosis or clinical management, clinical significance of the markers, and if appropriate, a description or discussion of current activities in translational research or issues that need to be addressed in the future. Pediatric Neoplasia: Advances in Molecular Pathology and Translational Medicine will be of great value to pathologists, oncologists, hematologists, internal medicine and pediatric specialists, as well as pharmaceutical professionals and translational and clinical researchers.
- Pediatric pathology. 2nd ed. 2001, Ovid
- Pocket guide to diagnostic tests 2012 (6th ed.), AccessMedicine
- Practical breast pathology 2013, ClinicalKeyBreast anatomy / Jonathan M. Kitayama and Teri A. Longacre -- Specimen processing / Christina S. Kong and Kristin C. Jensen -- Basic breast radiology / Brandi Tamara Nicholson -- Surgical approaches to breast lesions / David R. Brenin and Anneke T. Schroen -- Juvenile breast lesions / Florette K. Gray Hazard and Gerald J. Berry -- Fibrosing lesions (diabetic mastopathy/sclerosing adenosis/radial scar/atypical apocrine adenosis/PASH) / Mary Galgano and Kristen Atkins -- Stromal lesions/sarcomas (hamartomas, periductal stromal tumors, vascular lesions, phyllodes, de novo sarcomas) / Jesse K. McKenney and Richard L. Kempson -- Intraductular and intralobular proliferations / Kristen A. Atkins -- Invasive breast carcinomas / Yan Peng, Christina S. Kong and Yunn-Yi Chen -- Cutaneous/adnexal tumors / Catherine Barry and James Patterson -- Sentinel lymph nodes / William M. Rogers and Teri A. Longacre -- Fine needle aspiration biopsy of the breast / Amy Ly and Christina S. Kong -- Special studies / Kristin C. Jensen and Matt van de Rijn.
- Practical guide to frozen section technique 2010, SpringerUnderstanding and Maintaining the Cryostat / Philip Hyam -- Gross Examination of Tissues in the Frozen Section Room / Stephen R. Peters -- Embedding of Tissue for Frozen Section / Stephen R. Peters -- Cutting the Frozen Section / Stephen R. Peters -- Variables Affecting the Cutting Properties of Tissues and the Resulting Artifacts / Stephen R. Peters -- Fixation, Staining and Coverslipping of Frozen Section Slides / Stephen R. Peters and Catherine Susan Delia -- Microscopic Interpretation in the Frozen Section Setting / Stephen R. Peters -- Frozen Section Techniques Used in Mohs Micrographic Surgery / Barbara Beck and Stephen R. Peters -- Frozen Section Technique in the Animal Research Setting / Charles W. Scouten.
- Practical skin pathology 2013, ClinicalKeySpongiotic Dermatitis -- Erythemas with Perivascular Inflammation -- Psoriasiform and Lichenoid Dermatitis -- Vesiculobullous and Selected Pustular Disorders -- Vascular Disorders -- Nutritional Deficiency and Gastrointestinal Disease -- Panniculitis -- Connective Tissue Disorders -- Metabolic Diseases -- Degenerative Diseases -- Mucinoses -- Drugs and Physical Agents -- Noninfectious Granulomas -- Non-neoplastic Diseases of Appendages -- Pigmentation Disorders -- Disorders of Epidermal Maturation, Keratinization, and Connective Tissues -- Infectious Diseases, Including Infestations and Parasitic Diseases -- Epidermal Cysts and Tumors -- Cutaneous Appendageal Tumors -- Metastatic Tumors in the Skin -- Fibrous Tissue Tumors -- Vascular and Perivascular Proliferations of the Skin -- Tumors and Tumor-like Conditions Showing Neural, Nerve Sheath, and Adipocytic Differentiation -- Tumors of Muscle, Cartilage, and Bone -- Histiocytic Proliferations -- Disorders of Mast Cells and Plasma Cells -- Lymphoid Infiltrates, Lymphoma, and Hematopoietic Proliferations Involving the Skin -- Melanocytic Tumors.
- Protein misfolding and cellular stress in disease and aging 2010, Springer ProtocolsProtein misfolding and celluar stress : an overview / Niels Gregersen and Peter Bross -- Protein aggregation diseases : toxicity of soluble prefibrillar aggregates and their clinical significance / Massimo Stefani -- Consequences of stress in the secretary pathway : the ER stress response and its role in the metabolic syndrome / Martin Schröder and Louise Sutcliffe -- What role does mitochondrial stress play in neurodegenerative diseases? / Alicia Mae Pickrell and Carlos Torres Moraes -- Autophagy in disease / Dalibor Mijaljica, Mark Prescott, and Rodney J. Devenish -- Mitophagy and mitoptosis in disease processes / Dalibor Mijaljica, Mark Prescott, and Rodney J. Devenish -- Cellular stress and protein misfolding during aging / Rajiv Vaid Basaiawmoit and Suresh I.S. Rattan -- Measuring consequences of protein misfolding and cellular stress using OMICS techniques / Peter Bross ... [et al.] -- Production of cells with targeted integration of gene variants of human ABC transporter for stable and regulated expression using the Flp recombinase system / Kanako Wakabayashi-Nakao ... [et al.] -- Stress response profile in human fribroblasts exposed to heat shock or oxidative stress / Christina Bak Pedersen and Niels Gregersen -- Examining ubiquitinated protein aggregates in tissue sections / Natalia A. Kaniuk and John H. Brumell -- Determination of proteasomal activities / Cristovao F. Lima and Suresh I.S. Rattan -- Measurement of autophagy in cells and tissues / Isei Tanida and Satoshi Waguri -- Transcription factor sequestration by polyglutamine proteins / Tomoyuki Yamanaka and Nobuyuki Nukina -- Biological membranes as protein aggregation matrices and targets of amyloid toxicity / Monica Bucciantini and Cristina Cecchi -- Measurement of mitochondrial ROS production / Anatoly A. Starkov -- In vivo detection of oxidized proteins : a practical approach to tissue-derived mitochondria / Francesca Maltecca and Giorgio Casari -- Measurement of oxidized/reduced glutathione ratio / Joshua B. Owen and D. Allan Butterfield -- Determination of altered mitochondria ultrastructure by electron microscopy / Shoichi Sasaki -- Assessing bad sub-cellular localization under conditions associated with prevention or promotion of mitochondrial permeability transition-dependent toxicity / Liana Cerioni and Orazio Cantoni -- A cellular viability assay to monitor drug toxicity / Jakob Hansen and Peter Bross -- Rescue of misfolded proteins and stabilization by small molecules / Raymond C. Stevens, javier Sancho, and Aurora Martinez.
- Protein misfolding, aggregation, and conformational diseases. Part A, Protein aggregation and conformational diseases 2006, Springer
- Proteins of the cerebrospinal fluid. 2nd ed. 2005, ScienceDirect
- Pulmonary cytopathology. Second edition. [2nd ed.] 2014, SpringerThe Essentials in Cytopathology book series fulfills the need for an easy-to-use and authoritative synopsis of site specific topics in cytopathology. These guide books fit into the lab coat pocket and are ideal for portability and quick reference. Each volume is heavily illustrated with a full color art program, while the text follows a user-friendly outline format. This new edition of Pulmonary Cytopathology is fully updated and expanded providing more detailed discussion of the role of new techniques such as EUS needle biopsy and specific issues of adequacy assessment. The section on subclassification of poorly-differentiated non-small cell carcinomas has been expanded to include accuracy of diagnosis in small samples, the new classification of adenocarcinoma and NSCC, currently-used ancillary techniques; i.e., immunohistochemistry, molecular/genetic techniques and therapeutic applications. Molecular techniques have been added as needed for targeted therapy. The text and illustrations have been expanded throughout.
- Pulmonary function tests in clinical practice 2009, Springer
- Quality assurance in the pathology laboratory 2011, CRCnetBASE
- Renal neoplasms 2014, SpringerRenal Neoplasms: An Integrative Approach to Cytopathologic Diagnosis provides a comprehensive review of cytology and all the morphologic correlates, including their respective limitations, related to a broad spectrum of renal neoplasms with special emphasis on cyto-histo correlation. The book also discusses related usual radiologic appearances, gross features and possible targeted therapies where appropriate. The volume features an integrated approach that provides step-by-step guidance in the morphologic evaluation of renal neoplasms. Furthermore, all chapters are written by experts who deal with this type of specimen in their daily practice and have insights into the pathology as well as the clinical aspects of these tumors. Illustrated with high quality color microphotographs and formatted for ease of use in the lab, Renal Neoplasms: An Integrative Approach to Cytopathologic Diagnosis is a helpful guide to everyday pathology practice, especially for pathologists who rarely encounter this type of specimen.
- Resolution of inflammation 2008, Springer
- Robbins Basic pathology. 9th ed. 2013, ClinicalKeyThis medical textbook's unbeatable author team helps you efficiently master the core concepts you need to know for your courses and USMLE exams. New interior design with a more modern look. Artwork revised and updated for a more modern look and more three-dimensional feel. Targeted Therapy boxes included - provides clinical information on appropriate therapy related to the disease under discussion. All photomicrographs and gross photos reviewed and improved to ensure excellent quality.
- Rosen's Breast pathology. 2nd ed. 2001, OvidCh. 1. Anatomy and physiologic morphology -- Ch. 2. Abnormalities of mammary growth and development -- Ch. 3. Inflammatory and reactive tumors -- Ch. 4. Specific infections -- Ch. 5. Papilloma and related benign tumors -- Ch. 6. Myoepithelial neoplasms -- Ch. 7. Adenosis and microglandular adenosis -- Ch. 8. Fibroepithelial neoplasms -- Ch. 9. Ductal hyperplasia: ordinary and atypical -- Ch. 10. Precancerous breast disease: epidemiologic, pathologic, and clinical considerations -- Ch. 11. In Situ (intraepithelial) carcinoma: an overview -- Ch. 12. Staging of breast carcinoma -- Ch. 13. Intraductal carcinoma -- Ch. 14. Invasive duct carcinoma: assessment of prognosis, morphologic prognostic markers, and tumor growth rate -- Ch. 15. Tubular carcinoma -- Ch. 16. Papillary carcinoma -- Ch. 17. Medullary carcinoma -- Ch. 18. Carcinoma with metaplasia -- Ch. 19. Squamous carcinoma -- Ch. 20. Mucinous carcinoma -- Ch. 21. Apocrine carcinoma -- Ch. 22. Mammary carcinoma with endocrine features -- Ch. 23. Small cell (oat cell) carcinoma -- Ch. 24. Secretory carcinoma -- Ch. 25. Mammary carcinoma with osteoclast-like.giant cells -- Ch. 26. Cystic hypersecretory carcinoma and cystic hypersecretory hyperplasia -- Ch. 27. Adenoid cystic carcinoma -- Ch. 28. Cribriform carcinoma -- Ch. 29. Lipid-rich carcinoma -- Ch. 30. Gylcogen-rich carcinoma -- Ch. 31. Invasive micropapillary carcinoma -- Ch. 32. Paget's disease of the nipple -- Ch. 33. Lobular carcinoma In Situ and atypical lobular hyperplasia -- Ch. 34. Invasive lobular carcinoma -- Ch. 35. Unusual clinical presentations of carcinoma -- Ch. 36. Metastases in the breast from nonmammary malignant neoplasms -- Ch. 37. Benign proliferative lesions of the male breast -- Ch. 38. Carcinoma of the male breast -- Ch. 39. Breast tumors in children -- Ch. 40. Benign mesenchymal neoplasms -- Ch. 41. Sarcoma -- Ch. 42. Lymphoid and hematopoietic tumors -- Ch. 43. Pathologic effects of therapy -- Ch. 44. Cutaneous neoplasms -- Ch. 45. The pathology of axillary and intramammary lymph nodes -- Ch. 46. Pathologic examination of breast and lymph node specimens.
- Anatomy and physiologic morphology -- Abnormalities of mammary development and growth -- Inflammatory and reactive tumors -- Specific infections -- Papilloma and related benign lesions -- Myoepithelial neoplasms -- Adenosis and microglandular adenosis -- Fibroepithelial neoplasms -- Ductal hyperplasia: usual and atypical -- Precarcinomatous breast disease: epidemiologic, pathologic, and clinical considerations -- Ductal carcinoma In Situ -- Invasive ductal carcinoma: assessment of prognosis with morphologic and biologic markers -- Tubular carcinoma -- Papillary carcinoma -- Medullary carcinoma -- Carcinoma with metaplasia and low-grade adenosquamous carcinoma -- Squamous carcinoma -- Mucinous carcinoma -- Apocrine carcinoma -- Mammary carcinomas with endocrine features -- Small cell carcinoma -- Secretory carcinoma -- Mammary carcinoma with osteoclast-like giant cells -- Cystic hypersecretory carcinoma and cystic hypersecretory hyperplasia -- Adenoid cystic carcinoma -- Invasive cribriform carcinoma -- Lipid-rich carcinoma -- Glycogen-rich carcinoma -- Invasive micropapillary carcinoma -- Paget disease of the nipple -- Lobular carcinoma In Situ and atypical lobular hyperplasia -- Invasive lobular carcinoma -- Unusual clinical presentation of carcinoma -- Metastases in the breast from nonmammary neoplasms -- Benign proliferative lesions of the male breast -- Carcinoma of the male breast -- Breast tumors in children -- Benign mesenchymal neoplasms -- Sarcoma -- Lymphoid and hematopoietic neoplasms of the breast -- Pathologic effects of therapy -- Cutaneous neoplasms -- The pathology of axillary and intramammary lymph nodes -- Pathologic examination of breast and lymph node specimens, including sentinel lymph nodes -- Molecular classification and testing of breast carcinoma.
- Scrotal pathology 2012, Springer
- Serous cavity fluid and cerebrospinal fluid cytopathology 2012, SpringerIntroduction, Clinical and Technical Aspects--Normal Cytology--Reactive Mesothelial Hyperplasia--Malignant Mesothelioma--A Potential Litigation Diagnosis--Metastatic Cancers--Effusions in Children--Abdominopelvic Washings--Lymphocytic Effusions--Benign Inflammatory and Other Uncommon Conditions--Cerebrospinal Fluid.
- Single cell diagnostics 2007, Springer ProtocolsNoninvasive metabolic assessment of single cells / David K. Gardner -- Laser capture microdissection for analysis of single cells / Nobuki Nakamura ... [et al.] -- Fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH) on single cells (sex determination and chromosome rearrangements) / Paul N. Scriven and Caroline Mackie Ogilvie -- Single cell PCR for PGD : methods, strategies, and limitations / Karen Sermon and Martine De Rycke -- Real-time quantitative PCR measurement of male fetal DNA in maternal plasma / Bernhard Zimmermann ... [et al.] -- Cell-free fetal DNA plasma extraction and real-time PCR quantification / Jill L. Maron, Kirby L. Johnson, and Diana W. Bianchi -- LATE-PCR and allied technologies : real-time detection strategies for rapid, reliable diagnosis from single cells / Kenneth E. Pierce and Lawrence J. Wangh -- Efficient isothermal amplification of the entire genome from single cells / Karen V. Schowalter, Jolene R. Fredrickson, and Alan R Thornhill -- Comparative genomic hybridization on single cells / Lucille Voullaire and Leeanda Wilton -- Generation of amplified RNAs and cDNA libraries from single mammalian cells / James Adjaye -- Real-time PCR to measure gene expression in single cells / Dagan Wells -- Gender determination and detection of aneuploidy in single cells using DNA array-based comparative genomic hybridization (array CGH) / Dong Gui Hui, Xin Yuan Guan, and Nicole Hussey -- Microarray technology for mutation analysis of low template DNA samples / Chelsea Salvado and David Cram.
- Smith's Recognizable patterns of human deformation. 3rd ed. 2007, ClinicalKey
- Stem cells and human diseases 2012, SpringerThe main objective of this book is to provide a comprehensive review on stem cells and their role in tissue regeneration, homeostasis and therapy. In addition, the role of cancer stem cells in cancer initiation, progression and drug resistance are discussed. The cell signaling pathways and microRNA regulating stem cell self-renewal, tissue homeostasis and drug resistance are also mentioned. Overall, these reviews will provide a new understanding of the influence of stem cells in tissue regeneration, disease regulation, therapy and drug resistance in several human diseases.
- "Revised and updated for its Third Edition, Stocker and Dehner's Pediatric Pathology provides encyclopedic coverage of the diagnosis of pediatric disorders from the neonatal period through adolescence. It covers all major aspects of the pathologic anatomy of childhood disorders ranging from chromosomal syndromes and neoplasms to forensic pathology. Sections are organized by disease classification and by organ system. The book contains more than 1,300 gross and microscopic images, including 1,200 in full color. This edition includes a new chapter on transplantation pathology. Other highlights include significant updates in the areas of pediatric autopsy, imaging techniques, molecular techniques, embryonic and fetal wastage, congenital abnormalities, metabolic disorders, SIDS and forensic pathology, the placenta, and the nervous system"--Provided by publisher.
- Strategic ICT planning in pathology 2013, Springer
- Surgical pathology of endocrine and neuroendocrine tumors 2009, SpringerImaging of endocrine and neuroendocrine tumors -- Fine needle aspiration cytology of endocrine tumors -- Fine needle aspiration cytology of neuroendocrine tumors arising in non-endocrine organs -- Tumors of the pituitary gland -- Tumors of thyroid gland : non-C cell tumors -- Tumors of the thyroid gland (C-cells) -- Tumors of parathyroid gland -- Tumors of the adrenal cortex -- Tumors of the adrenal medulla and extra-adrenal paraganglia -- Endocrine tumors of the lung and upper airways -- Neuroendocrine tumors of the pancreas -- Neuroendocrine tumors of the gastrointestinal tract -- Neuroendocrine tumours of the breast -- Neuroendocrine tumors of female genital tract -- Neuroendocrine tumors of prostate, urinary bladder, and kidney -- Neuroendocrine tumors of other miscellaneous sites : thymus and skin -- Endocrine tumors and tumor-like lesions of infancy, childhood, and adolescents and inherited tumor syndromes -- Application of molecular diagnosis techniques in the diagnosis and management of endocrine tumors.
- Surgical pathology of the gastrointestinal system 2009, Springer
- Syndrome-based approach to diagnosis 2013, SpringerMany young, inexperienced doctors, have difficultly pinpointing a diagnosis: Is it a condition to which certain diseases could belong, or a disease definable in line with certain criteria? How can I apply my basic knowledge of diseases to a real patient? How can I find the correct diagnosis for a disease that I am seeing for the very first time? The traditional diagnostic pathways conveyed by current methods of teaching, from visual identification of the disease, knowledge of diseases, understanding of symptoms or patterns to diagnosis, leave certain diagnostic questions unanswered, especially on first experience of such a clinical pattern. Syndrome-based Approach to Diagnosis: A Practical Guide offers lecturers an alternative training concept in their teaching, which provides students with a model for self-study as well as the educational tools for learning how to think in clinical terms. It also includes a basic structured program for internal medicine at a glance in the form of decision trees that cover all major internal medicine fields. This training concept is suitable as: · A self-assessment test · A study program (self study and case-based study)· A basic program covering all the major teaching objectives in a clinical discipline· A guideline and educational framework for differential diagnosis · A collection of individual therapeutic options (with presentation of clinical cases)This book is a comprehensive educational tool ideal for medical professionals and those working within medical education.
- Telepathology 2009, Springer
- Tietz textbook of clinical chemistry and molecular diagnostics. 5th ed. 2013, ClinicalKey"As the definitive reference for clinical chemistry, Tietz Textbook of Clinical Chemistry and Molecular Diagnostics, 5th Edition offers the most current and authoritative guidance on selecting, performing, and evaluating results of new and established laboratory tests. Up-to-date encyclopedic coverage details everything you need to know, including: analytical criteria for the medical usefulness of laboratory procedures; new approaches for establishing reference ranges; variables that affect tests and results; the impact of modern analytical tools on lab management and costs; and applications of statistical methods. In addition to updated content throughout, this two-color edition also features a new chapter on hemostasis and the latest advances in molecular diagnostics."--Publisher's website.
- Underwood's Pathology. 6th ed. 2013, ClinicalKeyWhat is pathology? -- What is disease? -- What causes disease? -- Disorders of growth, differentiation and morphogenesis -- Responses to cellular injury -- Disorders of metabolism and homeostasis -- Ischaemia, infarction and shock -- Immunology and immunopathology -- Inflammation -- Carcinogenesis and neoplasia -- Ageing and death -- How do pathologists help patient care? -- Cardiovascular system -- Respiratory tract -- Liver, biliary system and pancreas -- Endocrine system -- Breast -- Female genital tract -- Urinary and male genital tracts -- Kidney diseases -- Lymph nodes and extranodal lymphoid tissue, spleen and thymus -- Blood and bone marrow -- Skin -- Osteoarticular and connective tissues -- Central and peripheral nervous systems.
- Uropathology 2012, ClinicalKeyNonneoplastic disease of the prostate -- Neoplastic disease of the prostate -- Seminal vesicles -- Nonneoplastic disease of the urinary bladder -- Neoplastic disease of the urinary bladder -- Nonneoplastic disease of the kidney -- Neoplastic disease of the kidney -- Renal pelvis and ureter -- Nonneoplastic disease of the testis -- Neoplastic disease of the testis -- Spermatic cord and testicular adnexa -- Disease of the penis, urethra, and scrotum -- Soft tissue tumors and lymphomas.
- Usability testing of medical devices 2011, CRCnetBASE"Informative, practical, and engaging, this handbook covers how to conduct usability tests of medical devices. Recognizing that the intended readers, including marketers, engineers, and regulatory affairs specialists, are busy and disinclined to read lengthy textbooks, this book has been carefully designed to be concise and visual, allowing readers to read it all in one sitting or jump from one section to another as needed. The book provides a general understanding of usability testing and reviews key concepts. It highlights the challenges of validating that protects against dangerous errors that could lead to patient injury and death"--Provided by publisher.
- Viral entry into host cells 2013, SpringerFor a virus to invade a host cell it needs to penetrate the physical barrier imposed by the plasma membrane. Viruses have evolved specialized surface proteins to meet this challenge. These proteins facilitate delivery of the viral genetic information into the host cell by either fusing the viral envelope with a host cell membrane or by forming membrane pores. Membrane fusion and pore formation critically depend on the engagement of host cell receptors and receptor choice is a key determinant of viral tropism. The multi-faceted interplay between viral and cellular factors during virus entry is a fascinating field of study, which can provide important insight into viral pathogenesis and define new targets for intervention. This book provides a comprehensive overview of this exciting field of research.
- Introduction to laboratory medicine / Rao -- Laboratory tests -- Laboratory cultures -- Cardiovascular diseases / Vallaro & Pechet -- Central nervous system disorders / Szakacs -- Digestive diseases / Snyder -- Endocrine diseases / Yu -- Genitourinary diseases / Pechet & Kiefer -- Gynecologic and obstetric disorders / Pechet -- Hematologic diseases / Pechet -- Hereditary and genetic diseases -- Immune and autoimmune disorders / Pechet -- Infectious diseases / Mitchell -- Miscellaneous / Snyder -- Respiratory, metabolic, and acid-base disorders / Rao -- Toxicology and therapeutic drug monitoring / Jenkins.
- Weedon's Skin pathology essentials 2012, ScienceDirectThe basics -- Diagnostic clues and "need to know" items -- Lichenoid reaction pattern -- Psoriasiform reaction pattern -- Spongiotic reaction pattern -- Vesiculobullous reaction pattern -- Granulomatous reaction pattern -- Vasculopathic reaction pattern -- Disorders of epidermal maturation and keratinization -- Disorders of pigmentation -- Disorders ofcollagen -- Disorders of elastic tissue -- Cutaneous mucinoses -- Cutaneous deposits -- Diseases of cutaneous appendages -- Cysts, sinuses, and pits -- Panniculitis -- Metabolic and storage diseases -- Miscellaneous conditions -- Cutaneous drug reactions -- Reactions to physical agents -- Cutaneous infections and infestations -- Bacterial and rickettsial infections -- Spirochetal infections -- Mycoses and algal infections -- Viral diseases -- Protozoal infections -- Marine injuries -- Helminth infestations -- Arthropod-induced diseases -- Tumors of the epidermis -- Lentigines, nevi, and melanomas -- Tumors of cutaneous appendages -- Fibrous tumors and tumor-like proliferations -- Tumors of fat -- Tumors of muscle, cartilage, and bone -- Neural and neuroendocrine tumors -- Vascular tumors -- Cutaneous metastases -- Cutaneous non-lymphoid infiltrates -- Cutaneous lymphomatous and leukemic infiltrates.
- Wheater's Basic pathology. 5th ed. 2011, ClinicalKeyCellular responses to injury -- Acute inflammation, healing and repair -- Chronic inflammation -- Infections of histological importance -- Amyloidosis -- Disorders of growth -- Dysplasia and neoplasia -- Atherosclerosis -- Thrombosis and embolism -- Infarction -- Cardiovascular system -- Respiratory system -- Gastrointestinal system -- Liver and pancreaticobiliary system -- Urinary system -- Lymphoid and haematopoietic systems -- Female reproductive system -- Breast -- Male reproductive system -- Endocrine system -- Skin -- Bone and soft tissues -- Nervous system.
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
Bookmark on other websites
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases