Books by Subject
- 2010 KargerBöheim, Klaus.The vibrant soundbridge : design and development / Ball, G.R. -- Cost-effectiveness of implantable middle ear hearing devices / Snik, A. ... [et al.] -- Indications and candidacy for active middle ear implants / Wagner, F. ... [et al.] -- Clinical results with an active middle ear implant in the oval window / Hüttenbrink, K.B., Beutner, D., Zahnert, T. -- Experiments on the coupling of an active middle ear implant to the stapes footplate / Zahnert, T., Bornitz, M., Hüttenbrink, K.B. -- The vibrant soundbridge for conductive and mixed hearing losses : European multicenter study results / Baumgartner, W.-D. ... [et al.] -- Clinical experience with the active middle ear implant vibrant soundbridge in sensorineural hearing loss / Pok, S.M., Schlögel, M., Böheim, K. -- The esteem system : a totally implantable hearing device / Maurer, J., Savvas, E. -- Totally implantable active middle ear implants : ten years' experience at the University of Tübingen / Zenner, H.P., Rodriguez Jorge, J.
- 2013 SpringerShiffman, Melvin A.In this book, international experts present up-to-date techniques of otoplasty in which they have extensive personal experience. Both new and modified procedures are described with the aid of a wealth of high-quality illustrations. In addition to these detailed descriptions, ear embryology and anatomy, psychological issues, postoperative care, possible risks and complications, and outcomes are extensively covered in order to provide the reader with a state of the art account of all aspects of cosmetic otoplasty.
- 2016 SpringerÇakir, Bariş.
- 2010 KargerStaudenmaier, Rainer.History of auricular reconstruction / Weerda, H. -- State-of-the-art autogenous ear reconstruction in cases of microtia / Firmin, F. -- Ear reconstruction with porous polyethylene implants / Berghaus, A. ... [et al.] -- Auricular prostheses / Federspil, P.A. -- Combined aesthetic and functional reconstruction of ear malformations / Kiefer, J., Staudenmaier, R. -- Combined reconstruction of congenital auricular atresia and severe microtia / Siegert, R. -- Ear reconstruction through tissue engineering / Haisch, A. -- Customized tissue engineering for ear reconstruction / Staudenmaier, R. ... [et al.].
- 2010 SpringerFay, Richard R.; Frisina, Robert D.; Gordon-Salant, Sandra; Popper, Arthur N.
- 2013 SpringerDeMaria, Samuel; Govindaraj, Satish; Levine, Adam I.Working Side by Side: The Important Relationship Between Anesthesiologists and Otolaryngologists / Adam I. Levine, Samuel DeMaria Jr., Satish Govindaraj -- Gross and Radiographic Anatomy / Puneet Pawha, Nancy Jiang, Katya Shpilberg -- Basic Pharmacology of Anesthetic Agents / Wagdy Sidrak, Adam I. Levine, Samuel DeMaria Jr. -- Basic Physiology / Ira Hofer, Samuel DeMaria Jr., Adam I. Levine -- Physiologic Monitoring / Jaime B. Hyman, David L. Reich -- Oxygen Delivery Systems and the Anesthesia Workstation / James B. Eisenkraft, Robert Williams -- Preoperative Assessment and Optimization / Jaime B. Hyman, Andrew B. Leibowitz -- Airway Management, Emergencies and the Difficult Airway / Irene P. Osborn, Andrew J. Kleinberger -- Adult Sleep Apnea and Related Procedures / Menachem M. Weiner, Fred Y. Lin -- Phonomicrosurgery and Office-Based Laryngology / Allan P. Reed, Peak Woo -- Otologic Surgery / Cheryl K. Gooden -- Facial Plastic Surgery / Adam I. Levine, Samuel DeMaria Jr., Eunice Park -- Functional Nasal and Sinus Surgery / Alan J. Sim, Adam I. Levine, Satish Govindaraj -- Thyroid, Parathyroid, and Parotid Surgery / Steven Porter, Andrew Schwartz -- Head and Neck Cancer Surgery I: Resection / Adam I. Levine, Samuel DeMaria Jr. -- Head and Neck Cancer Surgery II: Reconstruction / Adam I. Levine, Samuel DeMaria Jr., Brett A. Miles -- Neurosurgical Otolaryngology I: Neurotology/Posterior Fossa Surgery / Jess W. Brallier, Eric E. Smouha -- Neurosurgical Otolarynology II: Endoscopic Skull Base and Pituitary Surgery / Stacie G. Deiner, Kalmon D. Post, Satish Govindaraj -- Tracheotomy / Sharmin Haque, Adam I. Levine, Chan W. Park -- Pediatric Otolaryngology / Jonathan S. Gal, Francine S. Yudkowitz -- Office-Based Otolaryngology / Laurence M. Hausman -- Acute and Chronic Pain Management / Yury Khelemsky -- Postoperative Care / Jody Jones, Brigid Flynn -- Medico-Legal Considerations and Patient Safety / Elizabeth A. M. Frost.
- 2013 ClinicalKeyAdappa, Nithin D.; Chiu, Alexander G.; Palmer, James N.Septoplasty -- Septodermoplasty -- Middle and Inferior Turbinates -- Sphenopalatine Artery Ligation -- Endoscopic and Open Anterior/Posterior Ethmoid Artery Ligation -- Endoscopic Repair of Choanal Atresia -- Maximal Medical Management of Chronic Rhinosinusitis: Preoperative Preparation and Positioning -- Maxillary Antrostomy -- Partial and Complete Ethmoidectomy -- Sphenoidotomy -- Frontal Sinusotomy -- Postoperative Debridement -- Balloon Dilatation of the Maxillary, Frontal, and Sphenoid Sinuses -- Revision Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery: Completion Sphenoethmoidectomy -- Extended Frontal Recess Dissections: Draf IIb and Draf III Approaches -- Modified Medial Maxillectomy for Recalcitrant Maxillary Sinusitis -- Extended Sphenoid Sinus Antrostomy -- Endoscopic Dacryocystorhinostomy -- Endoscopic Orbital Decompression -- Optic Nerve Decompression -- Endoscopic Medial Maxillectomy for Inverted Papilloma -- Pterygopalatine/Pterygomaxillary Space Approaches and Internal Maxillary Artery Ligation -- Approach for Juvenile Nasopharyngeal Angiofibroma -- Endoscopic Craniofacial Resection -- Repair of Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak and Encephalocele of the Cribriform Plate -- Sphenoid Sinus Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak and Encephalocele Repair -- Large Skull Base Defect Reconstruction with and without Pedicled Flaps -- Endoscopic Resection of Pituitary Tumors -- Endoscopic Transplanum and Sellar Approach -- The Clivus -- Frontal Sinus Trephination -- Osteoplastic Flaps with and without Obliteration -- Frontal Sinus Fractures.
- 2011 ClinicalKeyClayman, Gary L.; Cohen, James I.Clinical Diagnostic Nasopharyngoscopy -- Diagnostic Clinical Pharyngoscopy and Laryngoscopy -- Operative Pharyngoscopy and Laryngoscopy -- Operative Esophagoscopy and Percutaneous Gastrostomy -- Operative Bronchoscopy -- Tracheotomy -- Laryngotracheal Reconstruction for Subglottic and Proximal Tracheal Stenosis -- Laryngotracheal Reconstruction for Subglottic and Proximal Tracheal Stenosis -- Surgery for Unilateral Vocal Fold Paralysis -- Excision of Saccular Cysts and Laryngoceles -- Drainage of Deep Space Neck Infections -- Thyroglossal Duct Cyst Excision (Sistrunk Procedure) -- Branchial Cleft Cyst Excision -- Operations on the Cervical Esophagus and Cervical Spine -- Cricopharyngeal Myotomy and Surgical Management of Zenker's Diverticulum -- Defatting Tracheotomy -- Radical Neck Dissection -- Modified Radical Neck Dissection -- Selective Neck Dissection, Levels I-III (Supraomohyoid Neck Dissection) -- Selective Neck Dissection, Levels I-IV and II-IV (Anterolateral and Lateral Neck Dissection) -- Posterolateral Neck Dissection -- Retropharyngeal Lymph Node Dissection -- Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy -- Superficial Parotidectomy -- Submandibular Gland Excision -- Excision of Ranula -- Parapharyngeal Space Tumor -- Resection of Carotid Body Tumor -- Transoral Resections -- Extended Approaches to the Oropharynx : Mandibular Swing and Cheek Flap -- Transoral Robotic Surgery -- Composite Resection with Segmental Mandibulectomy -- Transhyoid and Lateral Pharyngotomy -- Exam Under Anesthesia for the Patient with Cancer : Direct Laryngopharyngoscopy and Mucosal Tatouage -- Horizontal Supraglottic Laryngectomy -- Supracricoid Partial Laryngectomy with Cricohyoidopexy or Cricohyoidoepiglottopexy -- Total Laryngectomy -- Stomaplasty for Hands-Free Voice with Tracheoesophageal Puncutre -- Tracheoesophageal Puncture in the Clinic via Transnasal Esophagoscopy -- Transoral Laser Microsurgery : Supraglottic Laryngectomy -- Transoral Laser Resection of Glottic Tumors -- Transfacial Approaches : Lateral Rhinotomy and Weber-Fergusson -- Transfacial Approaches : Lateral Rhinotomy and Weber-Fergusson -- Craniofacial Resection -- Lateral and Subtotal Temporal Bone Resection -- Thyroid Lobectomy and Isthmusectomy -- Subtotal and Total Thyroidectomy -- Video-Assisted Thyroidectomy -- Robotic Thyroidectomy : Surgical Technique for Lobectomy via Axillary Incision Without Carbon Dioxide Insufflation -- Paratracheal and Superior Mediastinal Dissection (Transcervical) -- Transcervical Thymectomy and Superior Mediastinal Dissection -- Targeted Parathyroidectomy -- Open Parathyroidectomy -- Video-Assisted Parathyroidectomy -- Split-Thickness Skin Graft -- Cervicofacial Rotation Flap -- Deltopectoral Flap -- Pectoralis Major Myocutaneous Flap -- Trapezius Flap -- Latissimus Dorsi Myocutaneous Flap -- Neural Reconstruction.
- 2016 ClinicalKeyWenig, Bruce M.
- 2016 SpringerOghalai, John S.; Driscoll, Colin L. W.
- 2010 Thieme eNeurosurgeryUlug, Tuncay.Beautifully illustrated and comprehensive, this must-have atlas guides readers through the delicate, high-risk surgical approaches they need to successfully manage pathology of the temporal bone, the most complex anatomic area in the human body. Each consistently organized chapter addresses a different technique, beginning with a clear definition of the approach followed by a discussion of indications and key information on anatomic orientation, surgical steps, and, in many cases, surgical anatomy. Clearly labeled, full-color illustrations accompany step-by-step descriptions of common and unique operative techniques. The author, a world-renowned otorhinolaryngologist, provides detailed explanations of important anatomic landmarks and advice on how to choose the appropriate instruments at each surgical stage. An ideal companion for use in both the dissection laboratory and the operating room.
- 2015 Thieme eNeurosurgeryYoshioka, Nobutaka; Rhoton, Albert L.Intracranial region -- Skull, external and internal view -- Orbit and facial bone -- Upper facial and midfacial region overview -- Forehead and orbital region -- Temporal region -- Superficial structures in the midfacial region -- Maxillary region -- Masseteric region -- Deep structures in the midfacial region -- Lower facial region -- Oral floor and upper neck region -- Posterior neck and occipital region -- Lateral neck region.
- 2005 SpringerCsillag, András.
- 2007 OvidPostma, Gregory N.; Aviv, Jonathan E.; Belafsky, Peter C.; Koufman, James A.Indications for transnasal esophagoscopy -- Technique and endoscopic anatomy of nasal cavity and hypopharynx -- Normal transnasal esophagoscopy -- Esophagitis -- Webs and rings -- Hiatal hernia -- Barrett's metaplasia -- Neoplasia -- Miscellaneous esophageal disorders -- Procedures.
- 2008 SpringerFay, Richard R.; Popper, Arthur N.; Schacht, Jochen.
- 2014 OvidBailey, Byron J.; Johnson, Jonas T.; Rosen, Clark A.Basic science/general medicine -- Rhinology and allergy -- General otolaryngology -- Laryngology -- Trauma -- Pediatric otolaryngology -- Head and neck surgery -- Sleep medicine -- Otology -- Facial plastic and reconstructive surgery -- Contemporary issues in medical practice.
- 2014 OvidRosen, Clark A.; Johnson, Jonas T.Basic science general medicine -- Rhinology and allergy -- General otolaryngology -- Laryngology -- Trauma -- Pediatric otolaryngology -- Head and neck surgery -- Sleep medicine -- Otology -- Facial plastic and reconstructive surgery -- Contemporary issues in medical practice.
- 2006 Thieme BookProbst, Rudolf; Grevers, Gerhard; Iro, H.Anatomy, physiology, and immunology of the nose, paranasal sinuses, and face / Gerhard Grevers -- Diagnostic evaluation of the nose and paranasal sinuses / Gerhard Grevers -- Diseases of the nose, paranasal sinuses, and face / Gerhard Grevers -- Lips and oral cavity / Gerhard Grevers -- Pharynx and esophagus / Gerhard Grevers -- The salivary glands / Rudolf Probst -- Anatomy and physiology of the ear / Rudolf Probst -- Audiology (hearing tests) / Rudolf Probst -- Pediatric hearing disorders, pediatric audiology / Rudolf Probst -- External ear / Rudolf Probst -- Middle ear / Rudolf probst -- Inner ear and retrocochlear disorders / Rudolf Probst -- Vestibular disorders / Rudolf Probst -- Facial nerve / Rudolf Probst -- Lateral skull base / Rudolf Probst -- External neck / Heinrich Iro, with Frank Waldfahrer -- Larynx and trachea / Heinrich Iro, with Frank Waldfahrer -- Voice disorders / Frank Rosanowski, Ulrich Eysholdt -- Speech and language disorders / Frank Rosanowski, Ulrich Eysholdt.
- 2009 SpringerKaga, Kimitaka.
- 2016 SpringerHazani, Ron.Craniofacial: The Ear -- The Orbit -- The Nose -- Orthognathic Conditions -- Oral and Facial Clefts -- Craniosynostosis -- Pediatric Syndromes -- Hemifacial Microsomia -- Craniomaxillofacial Trauma. Breast and Trunk: Breast -- Implant related findings -- Chest Wall -- Pressure Sores. Hand and Lower Extremities: Congenital -- Trauma -- Vascular -- Tumors -- Nerve -- Arthritis -- Infection -- Dupuytrens Disease. Integument: Burns -- Benign and malignant lesions -- Vascular Malformations.
- 2014 SpringerBelafsky, Peter C.; Kuhn, Maggie A.The Clinician's Guide to Swallowing Fluoroscopy is a comprehensive resource for all dysphagia clinicians. This beautifully-illustrated text is intended for SLP, ENT, radiology, GI, and rehabilitation specialists interested in swallowing and addresses the need for an up-to-date, all-inclusive reference. Topics covered include radiation safety and protection, fluoroscopic oral, pharygeal, and esophageal phase protocols and abnormalities, and objective measures of timing and displacement.
- 2006 KargerMøller, Aage R.History of cochlear implants and auditory brainstem implants / Moller A.R. -- Surgical aspects of cochlear implantation: mechanisms of insertional trauma / Roland P.S., Wright C.G. -- Histopathology of the inner ear relevant to cochlear implantation / Nadol J.B. Jr., Eddington D.K. -- Factors influencing spoken language outcomes in children following early cochlear implantation / Geers A.E. -- Central auditory development in children with cochlear implants: clinical implications / Sharma A., Dorman M.F. -- Brain plasticity under cochlear implant stimulation / Kral A., Tillein J. -- Speech processing in vocoder-centric cochlear implants / Loizou P.C. -- Auditory brainstem implants: surgical aspects / Fayad J.N., Otto S.R., Brackmann D.E. -- A guide to the positioning of brainstem implants using inraoperative electrical auditory brainstem responses / Nevison B. -- Auditory outcomes in tumor vs. nontumor patients fitted with auditory brainstem implant / Colletti V. -- Basis of electrical stimulation of the cochlea and the cochlear nucleus / Shepherd R.K., McCreery D.B. -- Physiological basis for cochlear and auditory brainstem implants / Moller A.R.Also available: Print – 2006
- 2010 KargerHeyning, Paul van de; Kleine Punte, Andrea.Electric acoustic stimulation : a new era in prosthetic hearing rehabilitation / van de Heyning, P., Kleine Punte, A. -- Hearing preservation in cochlear implantation and drug treatment / Barriat, S. ... [et al.] -- Ganglion cell and dendrite populations in electric acoustic stimulation ears / Rask-Andersen, H., Liu, W., Linthicum, F. -- Electrode features for hearing preservation and drug delivery strategies / Jolly, C. .. [et al.] -- Detection of dead regions in the cochlea : relevance for combined electric and acoustic stimulation / Moore, B.C.J., Glasberg, B., Schlueter, A. -- Psychophysical properties of low-frequency hearing : implications for perceiving speech and music via electric and acoustic stimulation / Gifford, R.H., Dorman, M.F., Brown, C.A. -- Neuronal responses in cat inferior colliculus to combined acoustic and electric stimulation / Vollmer, M., Hartmann, R., Tillein, J. -- Music perception in electric acoustic stimulation users as assessed by the MU. S.I.C. test / Brockmeier, S.J. ... [et al.] -- Acceptance and fitting of the DUET device : a combined speech processor for electric acoustic stimulation / Helbig, S., Baumann, U. -- From electric acoustic stimulation to improved sound coding in cochlear implants / Nopp, P., Polak, M. -- Minimizing intracochlear trauma during cochlear implantation / Adunka, O.F., Pillsbury, H.C., Buchman, C.A. -- Hearing preservation surgery : current opinions / Fitzgerald O'Connor, E., Fitzgerald O'Connor, A. -- Electric acoustic stimulation in patients with postlingual severe high-frequency hearing loss : clinical experience / Arnoldner, C. ... [et al.] -- The hybrid cochlear implant : a review / Woodson, E.A. ... [et al.] -- Electric acoustic stimulation in children / Skarzynski, H., Lorens, A. -- Bilateral electric acoustic stimulation : a comparison of partial and deep cochlear electrode insertion : a longitudinal case study / Kleine Punte, A., Vermeire, K., van de Heyning, P.
- 2010 Thieme BookBull, T. R.; Almeyda, John.
- 2015 SpringerDubey, Siba P.; Molumi, Charles P.1. Nose and paranasal sinus -- 2. Larynx and trachea -- 3. Thyroid -- 4. Salivary glands -- 5. Repair of external nose defects -- 6. Axial and free flaps -- 7. Mandible -- 8. Lips and face -- 9. Temporal bone malignancy -- 10. Head and neck -- References -- Index.
- 2009 ClinicalKeyEisele, David W.; Smith, Richard V.Part 1: General topics -- Anesthesia complications in head and neck surgery / Errol P. Lobo, Francesca Pellegrini, and Elisabetta Pusceddu -- Nutritional management in head and neck cancer / Marc D. Coltrera -- Wound healing / Bradley A. Schiff -- Postoperative infection / Rebecca E. Fraioli and Jonas T. Johnson -- Medical complications of head and neck surgery / Joshua S. Adler and Andrew D. Auerbach -- Complications of pediatric head and neck surgery / Andrew F. Inglis, Jr., and Mark A. Richardson -- Complications of geriatric head and neck surgery / Eric M. Genden -- Endocrine complications of head and neck surgery / Mimi I. Hu and Steven I. Sherman -- Ophthalmic and orbital complications of head and neck surgery / Chistopher I. Zoumalan ... [et al.] -- Neurosurgical complications / Ivan H. El-Sayed, Hazem Mohammad Ali Saleh, and Michael W. McDermott -- Complications in interventional neuroradiology of the head and neck / Lee H. Monsein and Christopher F. Dowd -- Head and neck surgical fires / Mark E. Bruley -- Quality of care and patient safety / Robert M. Wachter -- Complications of radiation therapy / Laura Ellen Millender -- Chemotherapy in head and neck cancer / Missak Haigentz, Jr. -- Pain management for head and neck surgery / Tracey Straker -- Postoperative dysphagia / Timothy M. McCulloch, Haskins Kashima, and Michelle Ciucci -- Palliative medicine and end-of-life care / Francine Rainone -- Quality of life in head and neck cancer / Shatul L. Parikh and Amy Y. Chen -- Part 2: Salivary glands, oral cavity, and oropharynx -- Complications of surgery of the salivary glands / M. Boyd Gillespie and David W. Eisele -- Complications of surgery of the parapharyngeal space / Eric Jason Moore and Kerry D. Olsen -- Complications of lip surgery / Mark G. Shrime ... [et al.] -- Complications of surgery of the oral cavity / Jay O. Boyle and Vincent Reid -- Dental complications / Brian L. Schmidt -- Complications of cleft lip and palate surgery / Jennifer L. Rhodes and David Alan Staffenberg -- Temporomandibular joint surgery / M. Anthony Pagrel -- Complications of surgery of the oropharynx / Karen T. Pitman -- Complications of tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy / Thomas J. Ow and Sanjay R. Parikh -- Complications of sleep surgery / Eric J. Kezirian -- Part 3: Larynx, trachea, and hypopharynx -- Complications of endoscopy: rigid and flexible / Mark S. Courey -- Complications of percutaneous gastrostomy / Rohan R. Walvekar and Robert L. Ferris -- Complications of intubation and emergency airway management / M. Boyd Gillespie, Brian Craig, and Stephen F. Dierdorf -- Complications of laryngeal surgery / Richard V. Smith -- Complications of tracheostomy and tracheal surgery / Ivan H. El-Sayed, Amol M. Bhatki, and Nissim Khabie -- Complications of hypopharyngectomy and hypopharyngeal reconstruction / Adam S. Jacobson and Eric M. Genden -- Part 4: Neck, thyroid, and parathyroid -- Complications of surgery of the neck / Wayne M. Koch -- Complications of endoscopic neck surgery / Susan K. Anderson and David J. Terris -- Complications of surgery of the carotid artery / Bruce A. Perler -- Complications of thyroid surgery / Christine G. Gourin and David W. Eisele -- Complications of parathyroid surgery / Lisa A. Orloff -- Part 5: Nose, paranasal sinuses, and aesthetic surgery -- Complications of nasal surgery and epistaxis management / Alexis H. Jackman and Marvin P. Fried -- Complications of surgery of the paranasal sinuses / Amol M. Bhatki and Andrew N. Goldberg -- Complications of rhinoplasty / David W. Kim and M. Jafer Ali -- Complications of maxillectomy / Jarrod Little and Jeffrey M. Bumpous -- Complications of transsphenoidal hypophysectomy / Karen A. Kölln and Brent A. Senior -- Complications of maxillofacial trauma surgery / David M. Saito and Andrew H. Murr -- Complications of facial rejuvenation surgery / Corinne Elisabeth Horn and J. Regan Thomas -- Injury of the facial nerve / Holger G. Gassner and Kris S. Moe -- Complications of chemical peels, dermabrasion, and laser resurfacing / F. Brian Gibson and Stephen W. Perkins -- Complications of facial implants / Jonathan M. Sykes -- Part 6: Skull base and ear -- Complications of anterior skull-base surgery / Dennis H. Kraus, Mark H. Bilsky, and Jerry Lin -- Complications of lateral skull-base surgery / Frank R. Lin and John K. Niparko -- Complications of acoustic neuroma surgery / C. Y. Joseph Chang, Brian S. Wang, and Steven W. Cheung -- Complications of surgery of the vestibular system / Timothy E. Hullar -- Complications of tympanomastoidectomy / Ronald A. Hoffman -- Complications of ear surgery / Joseph G. Feghali ... [et al.] -- Complications of cohlear implanation / Lawrence R. Lustig -- Complications of congenital aural atresia and external auditory canal surgery / Paul R. Lambert -- Complications of otoplasty / Matthew B. Zavod, Theodore Chen, and Peter A. Adamson -- Part 7: Reconstructive surgery -- Complications of pedicled myocutaneous flaps / Francisco J. Civantos and James L. Netterville -- Complications of local facial flaps / Matthew Ashbach, Craig S. Murakami, and Mark S. Zimbler -- Complications of free-tissue transfer / Steven J. Wang, Theodoros N. Teknos, and Douglas B. Chepeha -- Complications of skin, cartilage, and bone grafts / Vicente A. Resto and Daniel G. Deschler.Also available: Print – 2009
- 2013 SpringerMansour, Salah.The temporal bone -- Middle ear cavity -- Middle ear contents -- Middle ear compartments -- The mastoid -- Facial Nerve -- The eustachian tube.
- 2013 KargerBleier, Benjamin S.Skull base anatomy and CSF rhinorrhea / A. Lam, E. Holbrook -- Pathophysiology of iatrogenic and traumatic skull base injury / S.T. Gray, A.W. Wu -- Grafting materials in skull base reconstruction / K.K. Prickett, S.K. Wise -- Free graft techniques in skull base reconstruction / J.Y. Ting, R. Metson -- Nasoseptal flap / C.D. Pinheiro-Neto -- Sphenopalatine-derived pedicled flaps / J.D. Suh, A.G. Chiu -- Anteriorly based pedicled flaps for skull base reconstruction / J.C. Meier, B.S. Bleier -- Pedicled extranasal flaps in skull base reconstruction / G.G. Kim ... [et al.] -- Microvascular free flaps in skull base reconstruction / M.W. Herr, D.T. Lin -- Spontaneous cerebrospinal fluid leak and management of intracranial pressure / Z.M. Soler, R.J. Schlosser -- Endoscopic reconstruction of frontal, cribiform, and ethmoid skull base defects / R.J. Harvey -- Chin : planum, tubercular, sellar, and clival defects / C.C. Wei, J.N. Palmer -- Quality control approach to cerebrospinal fluid leaks / C.H. Snyderman, P.A. Gardner -- Postoperative care following skull base reconstruction / V.R. Ramakrishnan, A. Waziri -- Complications of skull base reconstruction / M. Chaaban, B.A. Woodworth -- Prevention and management of complications after treatment for skull base tumors : a multidisciplinary approach / J.W. Jang, A.W. Chan -- Novel techniques and the future of skull base reconstruction / J.C. Meier, B.S Bleier.
- 2014 SpringerElden, Lisa M.; Zur, Karen B.Congenital Malformations of the Head and Neck offers a unique conceptual and visual approach to children with congenital malformations of the head and neck. Developed by renowned leaders in the field, this title is richly illustrated with a wealth of patient photos, radiology and endoscopic images of malformations. Starting with the genetics of common congenital syndromes, Congenital Malformations of the Head and Neck goes on to comprehensively cover malformations of the ear, nose, nasopharynx, oral cavity, oropharynx, cleft lip and palate, larynx, trachea, and neck. Easy-to-read and an indispensable reference and teaching resource, this title will serve as an invaluable reference for clinicians, neurologists, pediatricians, otolaryngologists and head and neck surgeons. It should also be of great interest to fellows and residents.
- v. 1-3, 2010.Cummings, Charles W.; Flint, Paul W.
- 2015 ClinicalKeyCummings, Charles W.; Flint, Paul W.; Haughey, Bruce H.; Lesperance, Marci M.; Lund, Valerie J.; Niparko, John K.; Robbins, K. Thomas; Thomas, J. Regan.
- 2015 ClinicalKeyCummings, Charles W.; Flint, Paul W.; Lesperance, Marci M.Cummings Pediatric Otolaryngology is your indispensable source for definitive, state-of-the-art answers on every aspect of treating children with otorhinolaryngologic disorders. With a focus on the simple problems in children with comorbidities as well as complex clinical problems in healthy and complex children, this derivative title of Cummings Otolaryngology provides the essential information needed for practicing otolaryngologists to stay up-to-date on these evolving areas.
- 2012 AccessMedicineLalwani, Anil K.Includes more than 400 clinical photographs and line drawings and a comprehensive radiology chapter with more than 150 images.--excerpted from p. 4 of cover.
- 2005 KargerBier, Henning.Development of a conditional mouse model for head and neck squamous cell carcinoma / Bindels, E.M.J., van de Brekel, M.W.M. -- Hypofolatemia as a risk factor for head and neck cancer / Almadori, G. ... [et al.] -- Reduced DNA repair capacity in laryngeal cancer subjects: a comparison of phenotypic and genotypic results / Gajacka, M. ... [et al.] -- Intratumoral genomic heterogeneity in advanced head and neck cancer detected by comparative genomic hybridization / Götte, K. ... [et al.] -- Function and importance of p63 in normal oral mucosa and squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck / Thurfjell, N. ... [et al.] -- p53, p63 and p73 expression in squamous cell carcinomas of the head and neck and their response to cisplatin exposure / Balz, V. ... [et al.] -- Expression of p16 protein is associated with human papillomavirus status in tonsillar carcinomas and has implications on survival / Wittekindt, C. ... [et al.] -- EGFR-antibody-supplemented TPF chemotherapy: preclinical investigations to a novel approach for head and neck cancer induction treatment / Knecht, R. ... [et al.] -- Nuclear factor kappa B as a common target and activator of oncogenes in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma / Chang, A.A., Van Waes, C. -- Antiangiogenic therapy of head and neck squamous cell carcinoma by vascular endothelial growth factor antisense therapy / Riedel, F. ... [et al.] -- Expression pattern of chemokine receptors 6 and 7 in squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck identifies a novel metastatic phenotype / Wang, J. ... [et al.] -- p53-based immunotherapy of cancer / De Leo, A.B. -- p53 as an immunotherapeutic target in head and neck cancer: approaches to reversing unresponsiveness of T lymphocytes and preventing tumor escape / Hoffmann, T.K. ... [et al.] -- Imbalance in absolute counts of T lymphocyte subsets in patients with head and neck cancer and its relation to disease / Kuss, I. ... [et al.] -- Antitumor immunization of head and neck squamous cell carcinoma patients with a virus-modified autologous tumor cell vaccine / Herold-Mende, C. ... [et al.] -- Prognostic factors: confusion caused by bad quality of design, analysis and reporting of many studies / Sauerbrei, W.Also available: Print – 2005
- 2013 SpringerFay, Richard R.; Kral, Andrej; Popper, Arthur N.Deafness explores the neuronal consequences of being deaf on the peripheral and the central nervous system as well as on cognition and learning, viewed from the standpoint of genetics, neuroanatomy and neurophysiology, molecular biology, systems neuroscience, and cognitive neuroscience.
- 2005 SpringerKelley, Matthew.
- 2009 SpringerÖnerci, Metin.
- 2009 ClinicalKeyGnepp, Douglas R.This resource is the authoritative guide to problematic areas of the head and neck for the surgical pathologist. With particular emphasis placed on diagnostic problems and differential diagnosis in addition to coverage of more common diagnostically straightforward lesions, you'll get the most complete diagnostic picture possible. The updated second edition features new coverage and a more user-friendly layout. Expert Consult functionality allows you to access the entire contents of the book online, from any internet connection. Provides clinicopathologic correlations throughout to give you all the information you need to formulate a complete diagnostic report. Features more than 1700 full-color illustrations that capture the pathologic and cytopathologic appearances of the full range of common and rare neoplastic and non-neoplastic lesions. Allows you to access the entire contents of the book online, from any internet connection, via Expert Consult functionality.
- 2010 SpringerZarandy, Masoud Motasaddi; Rutka, John A.Temporal Bone Tumors and Metastatic Disease -- Cholesteatoma and Its Complications -- Anomalies of the Inner Ear -- Sudden Sensorineural Hearing Loss -- Trauma to the Inner Ear -- Otosclerosis -- Presbycusis -- Ménière's Syndrome -- Benign Positional Vertigo -- Meningioma -- Vestibular Schwannoma -- Other Cranial Nerve Schwannomas and Paragangliomas -- Ototoxicity.
- 2015 SpringerLioy, Janet; Sobol, Steven E.Disorders of the Neonatal Airway serves as a comprehensive, multidisciplinary resource for all practitioners who care for neonates with airway disorders. With the evolution of advances in neonatology and neonatal airway care over the past three decades, the survival rate and life expectancy of premature newborns have dramatically increased to well over 50% in 24-25 week gestation infants. Unfortunately, survival with long-term intubation has brought a corresponding increase in acquired airway disorders needing collaborative high level neonatal and otolaryngological care. Additionally, with the advent of fetal therapy, congenital airway disorders now make up a substantial number of neonates with complex airway disorders. Because of this fact, there has been increased focus on the multidisciplinary evaluation and management of neonatal airway disorders. The book is organized into three sections: the first focuses on Malformations and Deformations, the second focuses on Assessment, Evaluation, and Treatment, and the third discusses Education, Simulation, and Quality. As one of the only comprehensive resources on the topic, Disorders of the Neonatal Airway focuses on a multidisciplinary approach to the neonatal airway. This unique approach makes this reference a must read for practitioners from many disciplines.
- 2009 SpringerDayme, Meribeth Bunch.
- 2013 ClinicalKeyDhillon, R. S.; East, C. A.A textbook in the Illustrated Colour Text series on ENT, aimed at medical students and junior doctors. Concise presentation of ENT in the attractive ICT format - clear line diagrams, colour photos of clinical conditions, summary boxes etc. Covers a topic which is important in primary care - medical students and junior doctors are motivated to buy a book in this area. Basic anatomy and physiology is reviewed - useful revision for students in clinical years. Comprehensive coverage of both presenting symptoms and specific diseases, with more detail on the commoner conditions. Clear description of examination and investigation techniques.
- 2010 Thieme BookBecker, Walter; Behrbohm, Hans; Kaschke, Oliver; Naumann, H. H.; Nawka, Tadeus; Pfaltz, C. R.; Swift, Andrew; Verse, Thomas.Ear -- Nose, nasal sinuses, and face -- Mouth and pharynx -- Larynx and hypopharynx -- Voice, speech, and language -- Tracheobronchial tree -- Esophagus -- Neck (including the thyroid gland) -- Salivary glands.
- 2013 SpringerAvelar, Juarez M.Ear reconstruction is required in a variety of patients, including especially those with congenital anomalies and associated deformities. In this book, a renowned practitioner in ear reconstruction explains the approaches that he has personally developed over the past 40 years in order to improve surgical results and also presents important new concepts. The proposed techniques offer tailored solutions to specific problems and are applicable in settings including severe microtia, moderate microtia, anotia, traumatic amputation, and unsatisfactory prominent ear surgery. Complications during and after ear reconstruction are also discussed, with guidance on their treatment. Throughout the book, the aim of the author is to share the fruits of his extensive experience with fellow surgeons in an informative and practically oriented way. The clearly written text is complemented by numerous helpful color photographs.
- 2008 SpringerGacek, Richard R.Otosclerosis Surgery Complications, p. 1-12 -- Tympanoplasty/Ossiculoplasty, p. 13-27 -- Surgery for Chronic Otitis Media, p. 29-31 -- Complications of Chronic Otitis Media, p. 33-42 -- Petrous Apex Lesions, p. 43-53 -- Cholesteatoma, p. 55-60 -- External Auditory Canal Lesions, p. 61-65 -- Spontaneous Cerebral Spinal Fluid Otorrhea, p. 67-75 -- Facial Nerve Surgery, p. 77-88 -- Surgery for Vertigo, p. 89-98 -- Tumor Surgery, p. 99-110 -- Cochlear Implant Surgery, p. 111-115 -- Differential Diagnosis of Unilateral Serous Otitis Media, p. 117-120.
- 2013 SpringerKountakis, Stilianos E.General Otolaryngology -- Pediatric Otolaryngology -- Head and Neck Surgery -- Otology-Neurotology -- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
- 2012 KargerGardner, Paul A.; Kassam, Amin B.
- 2015 Thieme-ConnectMarchioni, Daniele; Presutti, Livio."Increasingly used as an adjunctive tool in the diagnosis and management of ear disease, middle ear endoscopy has the potential to decrease patient morbidity, prevent disease recurrence, and reduce costs. Its capacity to uncover hidden anatomy within the small dimensions of the ear has made it essential for functional surgery, allowing surgeons to preserve key anatomic structures such as the cochlea and facial nerve. Now for the first time, the physicians who pioneered this groundbreaking minimally invasive technique review its indications, advantages, disadvantages, and surgical approaches. Written by the foremost leaders in the field, all members of the International Working Group on Endoscopic Ear Surgery. Features nearly 1,000 intraoperative endoscopic images filmed with high-definition cameras, plus outstanding line drawings that aid in understanding all concepts. Comprehensively covers the field, including chapters on endoscopic and combined endoscopic-microscopic management of cholesteatoma, surgical restoration of middle ear ventilation, myringoplasty, Meniere disease, tympanoplasty and stapes surgery, revision surgery, and much more. Demonstrates state-of-the-art endoscopic procedures in 19 instructive videos. From the unique anatomy and pathophysiology of the middle ear through diagnosis, surgical indications, procedures, and instrumentation, this book is indispensable for all otolaryngologists and neurotologists. It offers a full picture of the field today, as well as exploring the future possibilities of ear endoscopes alone or in combination with operative microscopes for the most effective treatment of middle ear pathologies"--Provided by publisher.
- 2014 CRCnetBASEMochloulis, George; Seymour, F. Kay; Stephens, Joanna.1. Grommet insertion -- 2. Removal of lesion from pinna : wedge excision -- 3. Excision of preauricular sinus -- 4. Myringoplasty -- 5. Ossiculoplasty -- 6. Stapedotomy -- 7. Mastoidectomy and canalplasty -- 8. Cochlear implantation -- 9. Manipulation under anaesthesia of fractured nose -- 10. Septoplasty -- 11. Surgery to inferior turbinates -- 12. Endoscopic sphenopalatine artery ligation -- 13. Anterior ethmoidal artery ligation -- 14. Functional endoscopic sinus surgery (FESS) -- 15. Septorhinoplasty -- 16. Lateral rhinotomy and medial maxillectomy -- 17. Maxillectomy -- 18. Endoscopic dacryocystorhinostomy -- 19. External carotid artery ligation -- 20. Midfacial degloving -- 21. Fine needle aspiration cytology -- 22. Lymph node biopsy -- 23. Tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy -- 24. Uvulopalatoplasty -- 25. Tracheostomy -- 26. Diagnostic procedures in the upper aerodigestive tract -- 27. Paediatric microlaryngoscopy and bronchoscopy (MLB) foreign body removal -- 28. Phonosurgery -- 29. Microlaryngoscopy and laser use -- 30. Pharyngeal pouch -- 31. Submandibular gland excision -- 32. Superficial parotidectomy -- 33. Thyroglossal cyst excision -- 34. Thyroidectomy -- 35. Neck dissection -- 36. Total laryngectomy -- 37. Pectoralis major myocutaneous flap -- 38. Local flaps -- 39. Pinnaplasty -- 40. Blepharoplasty -- 41. Face lift.
- 2014 SpringerLin, Fred Y.; Patel, Zara M.ENT Board Prep is a high-yield review that is an ideal study guide for the ENT in-service and board exams. While other review guides are low yield or more of a textbook, this is quick, concise, and easy-to-use, providing everything you need to know in a easy to digest format. ENT Board Prep offers review on sections such as cancer, ear, sinus, plastics, sleep, and laryngology, as well as case studies useful for studying for the oral board exams. Written and edited by leaders in the field, this book aims to serve future residents and fellows in those crucial weeks leading up to the ENT board exam.
- 2016 ClinicalKeyRamakrishnan, Vijay R.; Scholes, Melissa A.
- 2010 SpringerOlshan, Andrew F.
- 2015 SpringerEl-Rayes, Bassel; Saba, Nabil F.
- 2008Lee, K. J.Anatomy of the ear / K. J. Lee -- Audiology / Kathleen C. M. Campbell, James E. Peck, and K. J. Lee -- Electrical response audiometry / Derald E. Brackmann, Manuel Don, and Weldon Selters -- The vestibular system / Charles C. Della Santina, Lloyd B. Minor, and John P. Carey -- Congenital hearing loss / K. J. Lee and Seilesh C. Babu -- Cochlear implants / Richard T. Miyamoto -- Skull base surgery / Paul J. Donald and Hilary A. Brodie -- Facial nerve paralysis / Elizabeth H. Toh and K. J. Lee -- Syndromes and eponyms / K. J. Lee and Mark Lee -- Embryology of clefts and pouches / K. J. Lee and Jay Farrior -- Cleft lip and palate / Eric J. Moore and Craig W. Senders -- Infections of the ear / Sarah S. Connell and Thomas J. Balkany -- Noninfectious disorders of the ear / Jay Farrior and K. J. Lee -- The nose and paranasal sinuses / Martin J. Citardi and Pete S. Batra -- The paranasal sinuses: embryology, anatomy, endoscopic diagnosis, and treatment / David W. Kennedy and Bradford A. Woodworth -- Obstructive sleep apnea / Jean M. Bruch and Nicolas Y. Busaba -- Immunology and allergy / John Houck -- Salivary gland diseases / Robert L. Witt -- The oral cavity, pharynx, and esophagus / David E. Eibling -- The larynx / Gayle E. Woodson and Ninef E. Zaya -- Neck spaces and fascial planes / Nilesh R. Vasan -- Thyroid and parathyroid glands / Ralph P. Tufano, Chad A Glazer, and Gregory W. Randolph -- Cysts and tumors of the jaws / John P. Kelly -- Carotid body tumors and vascular anomalies / Nilesh R. Vasan and Greg A. Krempl -- TNM classification in otolaryngology----head and neck surgery / Thomas G. Takoudes -- Malignant melanoma / Greg Krempl -- Cancer of the larynx, paranasal sinuses, and temporal bone / Nilesh R. Vasan -- Carcinoma of the oral cavity, pharynx, and esophagus / James P. Malone and K. Thomas Robbins -- Reconstructive head and neck surgery / Mark Delacure -- Facial plastic surgery / Tessa Hadlock and Mack L. Cheney -- Pediatric otolaryngology / Kathleen Sie -- Anesthesia for head and neck surgery / K. J. Lee -- Surgical hemostasis and clotting mechanisms / John E. Godwin and Raghu Kolluri -- Chemotherapy of head and neck cancer / Harold Tara and Bruce Lundberg -- Related neurology and neurosurgery / Isaac Goodrich, James C. McVeety, and K. J. Lee -- Related ophthalmology / K. J. Lee -- The chest / K. J. Lee -- Fluid, electrolytes, and nutrition / K. Chris McMains and Frank R. Miller -- Antimicrobial therapy in otolaryngology----head and neck surgery / David N. F. Fairbanks -- Pharmacology and therapeutics / Mark D'Agostino, K. J. Lee -- Highlights and pearls / Ryan B. Scannell and K. J. Lee.
- 2008 SpringerHartnick, Christopher J.; Randolph, Gregory; Shin, Jennifer J.Also available: Print – 2008
- 2013 SpringerJankowski, Roger.The primary nose and palate in evolution -- The primary nose and palate in human embryo development -- Parallels between evolution and development of the nose -- The seemingly simple formation of the secondary palate and nose in the human embryo -- The complex formation of the secondary palate and nose in evolution -- A theory of secondary palate formation -- Primary and secondary palates : primary and secondary nasal fossae -- Olfactory and respiratory nasal fossae -- Is the human ethmoid labyrinth a sinus? -- Understanding the anatomy of the human nose -- Formation of the paranasal air sinues -- The nose in midface development -- Reminder of the normal embryologic development of the human brain -- Phylogenetic origins of the visual and olfactory organs -- Lessons from midface malformations associated to holoprosencephaly -- The evo-devo scenario of nose and midface formation -- A help to teaching anatomy -- Medical hypothesis and perspectives -- Evolutionary and develomental (evo-devo) medicine.
- 2008 SpringerFay, Richard R.; Popper, Arthur N.; Webb, Jacqueline F.Introduction to fish bioacoustics / Richard R. Fay, Arthur N. Popper, and Jacqueline F. Webb -- Hearing and acoustic behavior: basic and applied considerations / Arthur N. Popper and Carl R. Schilt -- Structures and functions of the auditory nervous system of fishes / Richard R. Fay and Peggy L. Edds-Walton -- Evolution of peripheral mechanisms for the enhancement of sound reception / Christopher B. Braun and Terry Grande -- Bioacoustics and the lateral line system of fishes / Jacqueline F. Webb, John C. Montgomery, and Joachim Mogdans -- Orientation to auditory and lateral line stimuli / Olav Sand and Horst Bleckmann -- Multipole mechanisms for directional hearing in fish / Peter H. Rogers and David G. Zeddies -- Vocal-acoustic communication: from neurons to behavior / Andrew H. Bass and Friedrich Ladich -- Active and passive acoustics to locate and study fish / David A. Mann, Anthony D. Hawkins, and J. Michael Jech.
- 2005 SpringerDraf, Wolfgang; Kountakis, Stilianos E.; Senior, Brent A.
- 2011 SpringerZhai, Qihui "Jim"; Kendler, Ady.General considerations -- Nasal cavity and paranasal sinuses -- Salivary glands -- Oral cavity, pharynx, and larynx -- Neck -- Head and neck presentations of intracranial lesions.
- 2009 SpringerConnor, N. P.; Grau, C.; Harari, P. M.
- 2015 Thieme-ConnectHuizing, E. H.; Groot, J. A. M. de.Basics -- Pathology and diagnosis -- Surgery general -- Incisions and approaches -- Septal surgery -- Pyramid surgery -- Lobular surgery -- Surgery of the nasal cavity -- Special subjects.
- 2009 KargerRyan, Allen F.Gene therapy for the inner ear : challenges and promises / Ryan, A.F., Dazert, S. -- Therapeutic regulation of gene expression in the inner ear using RNA interference / Maeda, Y., Smith, R.J.H. -- Gene therapy of the inner ear using adenovirus vectors / Husseman, J., Raphael, Y. -- Repair of the vestibular system via adenovector delivery of Atoh1 : a potential treatment for balance disorders / Baker, K., Brough, D.E., Staecker, H. -- Gene therapy and stem cell transplantation : strategies for hearing restoration / Kesser, B.W., Lalwani, A.K. -- Adenoviral and AAV-mediated gene transfer to the inner ear : role of serotype, promoter, and viral load on in vivo and in vitro infection efficiencies / Luebke, A.E. ... [et al.].Also available: Print – 2009
- 2002 KargerCremers, C. W. R. J.; Smith, R.Also available: Print – 2002
- 2015 Thieme-ConnectJohns, Michael M.; Kost, Karen M.; Sataloff, Robert Thayer.The science of aging / Alessandro Bitto, Chad A. Lerner, and Christian Sell -- Geriatric otolaryngology : an overview / Karen M. Kost -- Understanding geriatric syndromes, the geriatric interdisciplinary team, and resources to optimize care for older patients / Sarah H. Kagan -- Evaluation of the outpatient geriatric patient / David Eibling -- Operative evaluation of the geriatric patient / Natalie Justicz and Jeanne Hatcher -- Age-related hearing loss / Kourosh Parham, Frank R. Lin, and Brian W. Blakley -- Regenerative therapies for sensorineural hearing loss : current research implications for future treatment / Cynthia L. Chow and Samuel P. Gubbels -- Hearing aids : considerations in the geriatric population / Amanda Kantor, Erica Miele, John Luckhurst, Mary Hawkshaw, and Robert T. Sataloff -- Cochlear implantation in the elderly / Daniel H. Coelho and Brian J. McKinnon -- Subjective idiopathic tinnitus in the geriatric population / Paul F. Shea and Brian J. McKinnon -- Dizziness, imbalance, and age-related vestibular loss in the geriatric population / Yuri Agrawal, Allan Rubin, and Stephen J. Wetmore -- Sinonasal disease in the elderly / David R. Edelstein -- Taste and smell in the elderly / Richard L. Doty and Hussam Tallab -- Inhalant allergies and asthma in the geriatric population / Karen H. Calhoun -- Voice disorders in the elderly / Robert T. Sataloff and Karen M. Kost -- Swallowing disorders in the elderly / Ozlem E. Tulunay-Ugur -- Sleep disturbance in the geriatric population / Christopher G. Larsen and M. Boyd Gillespie -- Facial plastic surgery in geriatric patients / J. Regan Thomas -- Oral cavity disorders in geriatric patients / Elliot Regenbogen and Denise A. Trochesset -- Advanced cutaneous malignancies in the elderly / Kelly Michele Malloy and Chaz L. Stucken -- Head and neck cancer in the elderly / Mihir R. Patel, Raymond L. Chai, and Ara A. Chalian -- The role of neuropsychology in the evaluation and treatment of geriatric patients / Thomas Swirsky-Sacchetti and Caterina B. Mosti.
- 2008 SpringerFay, Richard R.; Popper, Arthur N.; Salvi, Richard.Overview: regeneration and repair / Richard J. Salvi -- Morphological correlates of regeneration and repair in the inner ear / Jason R. Meyers and Jeffrey T. Corwin -- Recovery of function in the avian auditory system after ototrauma / James C. Saunders and Richard J. Salvi -- Functional recovery after hair cell regeneration in birds / Robert J. Dooling, Micheal L. Dent, Amanda M. Lauer, and Brenda M. Ryals -- Hair cell regeneration : mechanisms guiding cellular proliferation and differentiation / Elizabeth C. Oesterle and Jennifer S. Stone -- Protection and repair of inner ear sensory cells / Andrew Forge and Thomas R. Van De Water -- Gene arrays, cell lines, stem cells, and sensory regeneration in mammalian ears / Marcelo N. Rivolta and Matthew C. Holley.
- 2013 SpringerRadosevich, James A.This book is a collection of Chapters that provide an up to date overview of all aspects of Head and Neck cancer. It is written by professionals, and is not only intended for other professionals, but students, patients, policy makers, etc. There are so many aspects to this group of diseases that even the most seasoned professional will learn something from having read this book. This volume covers Head and Neck cancer in such a way that it covers the ancient history of these tumors to modern diagnostic methods. It covers the various aspects of treatment and the healing of the these patients. Various aspects of molecular biology, the histology, and diagnostic methods are also discussed. Links are made between subject matter that will give readers new insight to these tumors. This volume will give a broad understanding to the various aspects related to Head and Neck cancer in general, and will provide the foundation for anyone to explore the subject matter in greater detail.
- 2006 OvidBailey, Byron J.; Johnson, Jonas T.; Newlands, Shawn D.Also available: Print – v. 1-2., 2006
- 2010 ClinicalKeyKoch, Wayne M.Each volume in the Early Diagnosis and Treatment of Cancer Series is packed with practical, authoritative information designed to cover the full range of diagnostic procedures, including pathologic, radiologic, bronchoscopic, and surgical aspects. You"ll be able to determine the safest, shortest, least invasive way to reach an accurate diagnosis; stage the disease; and choose the best initial treatment for early stages. Based on current evidence in the literature, authors provide clinical, hands-on tools to help you make informed decisions on precisely what tests and imaging studies are needed to diagnose and stage each type of cancer. Practical, authoritative, and highly-illustrated, this volume in the brand new Early Diagnosis and Treatment of Cancer series covers current protocols and the latest advances in diagnostic imaging and molecular and serologic markers for head and neck cancers. Apply expert advice on the best next-step plan for different presentations and tips for less invasive protocols. Get clinical, hands-on tools to help you make informed decisions on precisely what tests and imaging studies are needed for accurate diagnosis and staging. Clear figures, tables, and boxes illustrate step-by-step care of the full range of problems encountered.
- 2014 OvidHarrison, Louis B.; Kies, Merrill S.; Sessions, Roy B.General principles of head and neck pathology -- Clinical evaluation of the head and neck cancer patient -- Prognostic factors in patients with head and neck cancer -- Radiologic evaluation of the head and neck cancer patient -- Novel radiation therapy techniques in the management of head and neck cancer -- New approaches: robotics and endoscopic head and neck surgery -- Targeted agents in squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck -- Multidisciplinary reconstruction of the head and neck: general principles -- Dental oncology and maxillofacial prosthetics -- Interdisciplinary symptom management -- Evaluation and rehabilitation of speech, voice, and swallowing functions after treatment of head and neck cancer -- Human papillomavirus -- associated head and neck carcinoma -- Chemoprevention -- Management of the neck -- Metastatic cancer to the neck from an unknown primary site -- Cancer of the oral cavity -- Cancer of the oropharynx -- Cancer of the larynx -- Cancers of the hypopharynx and cervical esophagus -- Cancer of the nasal vestibule, nasal cavity paranasal sinuses, anterior skull base, and orbit: surgical management -- Cancer of the nasal cavity and paranasal sinus: radiation therapy and chemotherapy management -- Cancer of the nasopharynx -- Basal and squamous cell skin cancers -- Melanoma of the head and neck -- Management of salivary gland tumors -- Primary and recurrent disease of the lateral skull base -- Paragangliomas of the head and neck -- Cancer of the thyroid and parathyroid -- Soft tissue and bone sarcomas of the head and neck -- Systemic targeted therapy for recurrent and metastatic head and neck squamous cell cancer.
- 2011 SpringerBernier, Jacques.Epidemiology and Aetiology of Head and Neck Cancers -- Head and Neck Cancer Prevention -- Cellular and Molecular Pathology of Head and Neck Tumors -- Oncogenomics/Proteomics of Head and Neck Cancers -- Genetics and Epigenetics of Head and Neck Cancer -- Immunology of Head and Neck Cancer -- HPV and EBV in Head and Neck Cancer -- Head and Neck Cancer Staging and Prognosis: Perspectives of the UICC and the AJCC -- Biomarkers in Head and Neck Cancer -- Hypoxia in Head and Neck Cancers: Clinical Relevance and Treatment -- Translational Research in Head and Neck Oncology -- Preclinical Models of Head and Neck Squamous Cell Carcinoma -- Morphologic Investigations in Head and Neck Cancer -- Ultrasound Investigations in Head and Neck Cancer Patients -- Functional Imaging -- Sentinel Node Biopsy for Head and Neck Cancer -- Approaches to Supportive Care -- Intensity-Modulated Radiation Therapy for Head and Neck Cancer -- Principles of Systemic Chemotherapy for Squamous Cell Head and Neck Cancer -- Molecular Targeted Therapies in Head and Neck Cancer -- Phase I Study Methodology in Head and Neck Oncology -- Evidence-Based Head and Neck Oncology: Principles and Pitfalls -- Programs of Organ and Function Preservation -- Multidisciplinary Approach of Unresectable Head and Neck Cancer -- Laser Endoscopic Treatment -- Multidisciplinary Management of Skull Base and Superstructure Tumors. Multidisciplinary Management of Oral Cavity and Maxillary Sinus Cancers -- Cancers of the Larynx: Tis, T1, T2 Evaluation and Management -- Multidisciplinary Management of Oropharynx Carcinomas -- Multidisciplinary Management of Hypopharyngeal Carcinoma -- Cancers of the Larynx: Tis, T1, T2 Evaluation and Management -- Diagnosis and Multidisciplinary Treatment of Laryngeal Cancers -- Principles and New Approaches in Surgical Reconstruction -- Multidisciplinary Treatment of the Neck -- Postoperative Management of High-Risk Resectable Head and Neck Cancer -- Management of Salivary Gland Cancer -- Head and Neck Melanoma -- Cervical Lymph Node Metastases of Squamous Cell Carcinoma from an Unknown Primary Site -- Management of Thyroid and Parathyroid Cancers -- Head and Neck Paragangliomas --Treatment of the Elderly Head and Neck Cancer Patient -- Interstitial Radiation Therapy in Cancer of the Oropharynx and Oral Cavity -- Proton Beam Therapy for Head and Neck Cancer -- Normal Tissue Complications and Protection in Head and Neck Cancer Patients -- Rehabilitation of Heavily Treated Head and Neck Cancer Patients -- Salvage Therapy in Head and Neck Cancer Patients -- Systemic Treatment of Recurrent/Metastatic Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Head and Neck -- Best Supportive Care for Palliative Treatment -- Quality of Life in Head and Neck Cancer Patients -- Quality Assurance of Clinical Trials in the Management of Cancer in the Head and Neck.
- 2011 ClinicalKeyCurtin, Hugh D.; Som, Peter M.V. 1: Embryology and congenital lesions of the midface -- Embryology, anatomy, physiology, and imaging of the sinonasal cavities -- Inflammatory diseases of the sinonasal cavities -- Tumors and tumor-like conditions of the sinonasal cavities -- Functional endoscopic sinus surgery: postoperative findings and complications -- Classic sinus surgery for inflammatory diseases, tumors, and tumor-like conditions -- Facial fractures -- Embryology, anatomy, and imaging of the eye and orbit -- Pathology of the eye and orbit -- Anatomy, imaging, and pathology of the lacrimal apparatus -- Anatomy, imaging, and pathology of the visual pathways -- Embryology, anatomy, and imaging of the central skull base -- Pathology of the central skull base -- Perineural tumor spread associated with head and neck malignancies -- Embryology, anatomy, and imaging of the temporal bone - Congenital anomalies of the temporal bone -- Trauma to the temporal bone -- Inflammatory disease of the temporal bone -- Otosclerosis and dysplasias of the temporal bone -- Temporal bone tumors and cerebellopontine angle lesions -- Vascular tinnitus of the temporal bone -- Embryology and anatomy of the jaw and dentition -- Dental CT reformatting programs and dental imaging -- Dental implants and related pathology -- Cysts, tumors, and nontumorous lesions of the jaw -- Anatomy, pathology, and imaging of the temporomandibular joints -- V. 2: Anatomy and imaging of the oral cavity and pharynx -- Pathology of the oral region -- Pathology of the pharynx -- Pediatric airway disease -- Anatomy, imaging, and pathology of the larynx -- Anatomy, imaging, and pathology of the trachea -- Videofluoroscopic evaluation of oropharyngeal swallowing -- Embryology and anatomy of the neck -- Ultrasound of the neck -- Fascia and spaces of the neck -- Congenital lesions of the neck -- Lymph nodes of the neck -- Parapharyngeal and masticator space lesions -- Anatomy and pathology of the salivary glands -- Anatomy and pathology of the thyroid and parathyroid glands -- Skin and soft-tissue lesions -- Imaging of the brachial plexus -- The posttreatment neck: clinical and imaging considerations -- PET/CT imaging -- Nonsurgical treatment of head and neck cancer -- Imaging-based intervention: biopsy and treatment.
- 2008 Thieme BookMödder, Ulrich.Skull base / M. Cohnen, V. Engelbrecht -- Petrous bone / M. Cohnen -- Orbit / M. Cohnen, V. Engelbrecht -- Paranasal sinuses / M. Cohnen -- Pharynx / B. Fritz -- Larynx / K. Andersen -- Oral cavity / B. Fritz -- Salivary glands / K. Andersen -- Soft tissues of the neck / B. Fritz -- Lymph nodes / K. Andersen.
- 2016 OvidKennedy, David W.
- 2014 SpringerHellquist, Henrik B.; Skalova, Alena.Over the past 25 years it has become more and more evident that salivary gland pathology is by far the subject within head and neck pathology that causes the most diagnostic challenges and problems for general pathologists. Among the reasons for this are the relative rarity of salivary gland tumors (as a result of which the general pathologist does not gain sufficient personal experience in their diagnosis), their striking diversity (there are almost 40 different histological tumor entities), and the fact that some tumours dedifferentiate and some benign tumors progress to become malignant. This book is a comprehensive guide to salivary gland pathology that illustrates almost every type of salivary gland tumor and will assist greatly in routine diagnostic work. Non-neoplastic lesions, benign epithelial tumors, malignant epithelial tumors, and non-epithelial and secondary tumors are all covered in detail, and the WHO and TNM classifications are clearly explained. Another significant feature is the incorporation of important knowledge gained during the past few years regarding the genetics of salivary gland tumors. Histopathology of the Salivary Glands will be of interest not only to pathologists but also to dentists, ENT and head and neck surgeons, and oncologists.
- v. 1, 1981.Politzer, Adam; Coleman, Antje; Milstein, Stanley; Portnoff, Collice.v. 1. From earliest times to the middle of the nineteenth century.Also available: Print – v. 1, 1981.
- 2010Mudry, Albert.
- 2015 SpringerD'Souza, Gypsyamber; Fakhry, Carole.Anatomical sites and subsites of head and neck cancer -- Epidemiology of oral HPV infection and HPV-associated head and neck cancer -- Frequent behavioural questions with an HPV-positive malignancy of the head and neck -- The molecular biology of HPV-related head and neck cancer -- The diagnosis of HPV-related head and neck squamous cell carcinoma: Recognition of its microscopic appearance and the use of ancillary detection assays -- Clinical management of HPV-related oropharyngeal cancer -- The role of vaccines for HPV-related head and neck cancers -- The care of the HPV-negative head and neck cancer patient: Presentation, prognosis, treatment. .
- 2015 ScienceDirectAminoff, Michael J.; Boller, François; Swaab, D. F.
- 2011 Thieme BookDunnebier, Erwin A.Radiological techniques and interpretation -- Radiological anatomy of the temporal bone -- Pathology of the temporal bone -- Radiological anatomy of the skull base -- Pathology of the skull base -- Radiological anatomy of the nasal cavity and paranasal sinuses -- Pathology of the nasal cavity and paranasal sinuses -- Radiological anatomy of the neck -- Pathology of the neck.
- 2005 SpringerAntonelli, A. R.; Maroldi, R.; Nicolai, P.Also available: Print – 2005
- 2005 Thieme BookMafee, Mahmood F.; Becker, M.; Valvassori, Galdino E.More than 3,700 illustrations and systematic coverage of the latest technical developments make the new edition of Valvassori's text a complete guide to head and neck imaging. Fully revised and updated to include a wider range findings in both adults and children, the book provides in-depth discussions of the eye and orbit, lacrimal drainage system, skull base, mandible and maxilla, temporomandibular joint, and suprahyroid and infrahyroid neck. CT and MRI scans acquired with the most advanced high-resolution equipment show all anatomic structures and pathological conditions, with actual cases clarifying every concept. With thorough coverage of the newest imaging modalities, an abundance of high-quality graphics, and the expertise of worldwide leaders in the field, this is the reference of choice on head and neck imaging for experienced practitioners and residents-in-training.
- 2011 KargerCaversaccio, Marco-Domenico; Kompis, Martin.Historical background of bone conduction hearing devices and bone conduction hearing aids / Mudry, A., Tjellström, A. -- Acoustic and physiologic aspects of bone conduction hearing / Stenfelt, S. -- An overview of different systems : the bone-anchored hearing aid / Dun, C.A.J. ... [et al.] -- The ponto bone-anchored hearing system / Westerkull, P. -- Partially implantable bone conduction hearing aids without a percutaneous abutment (otomag) : technique and preliminary clinical results -- Siegert, R. -- Surgery for the bone-anchored hearing aid / Arnold, A., Caversaccio, M.-D., Mudry, A. -- Paediatric baha / McDermott, A.-L., Sheehan, P. -- Complications of bone-anchored hearing devices / Wazen, J.J., Wycherly, B., Daugherty, J. -- Audiological results with Baha in conductive and mixed hearing loss / Pfiffner, F.; Caversaccio, M.-D.; Kompis, M. -- Conductive hearing loss and bone conduction devices : restored binaural hearing? / Agterberg, M.J.H. ... [et al.] -- Bone-anchored devices in single-sided deafness / Stewart, C.M.; Clark, J.H.; Niparko, J.K. -- Factors influencing the decision for baha in unilateral deafness : the Bern benefit in single-sided deafness questionnaire / Kompis, M. ... [et al.] -- Challenges and recent developments in sound processing for Baha / Flynn, M.C. -- Headbands, testbands and softbands in preoperative testing and application of bone-anchored devices in adults and children / Zarowski, A.J. ... [et al.] -- Bone-anchored hearing aids versus conventional hearing aids / Banga, R. ... [et al.] -- The future of bone conduction hearing devices / Håkansson, B.
- 2014 SpringerMankekar, Gauri.Hearing loss can vary in type ranging from conductive, mixed to sensorineural, as well as in degree from mild, moderate, severe to profound. There could also be multiple permutations and combinations like moderate mixed hearing loss or severe conductive hearing loss. In addition, the hearing loss could be unilateral or bilateral. While cochlear implants were devised for bilateral profound sensorineural hearing loss, various other devices have been invented for other types of hearing losses. Research continues to design a suitable implant which would amplify sound for patients who cannot be candidates for cochlear implants.
- 2016 SpringerValdez, Tulio A.; Vallejo, Jesus G.I. Ears -- 1. Management of the Child with Otorrhea -- 2. Infections of the External Ear -- 3. Otitis Media -- 4. Complications of Acute and Chronic Otitis Media -- 5. Inner Ear Infections -- II. Nasal Cavity and Sinuses -- 6. Nasal Soft Tissue Infections -- 7. Sinusitis -- 8. Complications of Sinusitis -- 9. Sinus Disease in Cystic Fibrosis -- III. Oral Cavity, Oropharynx and Upper Airway -- 10. Tonsillitis and Peritonsillar Abscess -- 11. Laryngeal Infections -- 12. Tracheal Infections -- IV. Neck -- 13. Infectious Lymphadenopathy -- 14. Neck Abscesses and Deep Neck Infections -- 15. Infected Congenital Neck Lesions -- V. Other Conditions -- 16. PFAPA: Periodic Fever, Aphthous Stomatitis, Pharyngitis, and Cervical Adenitis.
- 2014 SpringerMankekar, Gauri.Incidence of invasive fungal sinusitis has been increasing over the years. The understanding of its pathophysiology has improved with newer serological tests and diagnostic methods helping in earlier diagnosis and reducing patient morbidity. It was believed earlier that invasive fungal sinusitis is seen only in immune compromised patients but clinical reports suggest otherwise. More anti-fungal drugs are being added to improve incidence of patient survival. This book aims to compile all practical information about invasive fungal sinusitis into a single volume. Therefore, busy clinicians would not have to perform exhaustive literature studies to diagnose invasive fungal sinusitis. The book aims to provide an overview of diseases which could be mistaken for invasive fungal sinusitis and discuss how the management is different. Book sections consist of clinical, microbiological, serological, pathological, radiological and pharmacological features of the disease and its management. Each section is important in today's context as it dynamically alters the management of the patient. Early clinical suspicion and rapid microbiological, pathological and radiological diagnosis with aggressive treatment with surgical debridement and medical therapy leads to favorable outcomes.
- 2012 ClinicalKeyShah, Jatin P.; Patel, Snehal G.; Singh, Bhuvanesh.Basic principles of head and neck surgery -- Scalp and skin -- Eyelids and orbit -- Nasal cavity and paranasal sinuses -- Skull base -- Lips -- Oral cavity -- Pharynx and esophagus -- Larynx and trachea -- Cervical lymph nodes -- Thyroid and parathyroid glands -- Salivary glands -- Neurogenic tumors and paragangliomas -- Soft tissue tumors -- Bone tumors, including odontogenic lesions -- Reconstructive surgery -- Oncologic dentistry, maxillofacial prosthetics, and implants -- Radiation therapy -- Chemotherapy.
- 2014 ebraryClarke, Ray."In Diseases of the Ear, Nose and Throat Lecture Notes, 11th edition you will find everything on the topic that could crop up in a clinic or teaching session. This little gem of a book is clearly laid out with colour photographs and illustrations, is broken down into intuitive chapters and sections, and contains treatment boxes, all of which help those key concepts stick"--Provided by publisher.
- 2015 SpringerNason, Richard W.; Pasieka, Janice; Pathak, K. Alok.Molecular risk stratification of well-differentiated thyroid cancer -- The significance of cervical lymph nodes in well-differentiated thyroid cancer -- Management of the central compartment in well-differentiated thyroid carcinoma -- Management of the lateral neck in well-differentiated thyroid cancer -- The management of recurrent/persistent well-differentiated thyroid cancer in the central compartment -- Management of distant metastases in differentiated thyroid cancer -- Risk-adjusted strategies in post-treatment surveillance of well-differentiated thyroid carcinoma -- Medullary thyroid cancer -- Anaplastic thyroid cancer: Current concepts -- External beam radiotherapy for thyroid cancer -- Targeted therapies in thyroid cancer.
- 2013 SpringerShaker, Reza.Manual of Diagnostic and Therapeutic Techniques for Disorders of Deglutition is a comprehensive multidisciplinary text bringing together the research and practice of deglutition. This book is designed as a diagnostic and therapeutic reference for swallowing clinicians from such diverse backgrounds as gastroenterology, speech language pathology, otolaryngology, rehabilitation medicine, radiology and related fields. Manual of Diagnostic and Therapeutic Techniques for Disorders of Deglutition covers information on state-of-the-art diagnostic and therapeutic modalities through contributions from 28 innovators and master clinicians for the benefit of patients and providers alike. It concisely organizes the wealth of knowledge into one comprehensive information platform.This book is an essential reference for all deglutologists, clinicians, and researchers in their areas of expertise.
- 2014 SpringerRaghavan, Prashant; Jameson, Mark J.; Mukherjee, Sugoto; Wintermark, M.This book is designed as an easily readable manual that will be of great practical value for radiology and otolaryngology residents during their clinical rotations. Key facts on head and neck imaging are presented in short chapters written in an easily readable style. Line drawings are used to illustrate key concepts, and tables, checklists, and algorithms will enable the readers to arrive at a quick diagnosis. In addition, emphasis is placed on clinical pearls that will assist them in preparing suitable reports. The Manual of Head and Neck Imaging is sized to allow residents to read it completely within a matter of days, and it will also serve as an ideal quick reference guide as different clinical situations arise.
- 2015 SpringerArnoldner, Christoph; Chen, Joseph M.; Lin, Vincent Y. W.Temporal bone dissection training is paramount to the surgical education of any otolaryngologist and a special rite of passage for those who wish to focus their practice on otology. The complexity of temporal bone anatomy, which is exposed in a stepwise fashion during dissection, holds a particular fascination for surgeons at all levels, while mastery of the microsurgical anatomy remains the most basic attribute defining surgical competence and skills. In spite of the recent progress in surgical simulation, the cadaver bone remains the gold standard and provides an indispensable platform for otological training. The Manual of Otologic Surgery takes the reader step-by-step through routine temporal bone surgeries while maximizing the use of the cadaver tissue. In an effort to improve visual realism, the book provides high-resolution photographs and anatomically accurate illustrations to allow the reader to better appreciate the three-dimensional relationship of the internal constructs of the temporal bone. Special emphasis is placed on describing the latest techniques for cochlear implantation and active middle ear implants. The book is further enhanced by additional links to edited videos of surgical cases and will therefore serve as a valuable reference guide to otologic surgeons of all experience levels.
- 2011 ClinicalKeyAzizzadeh, Babak.A concise yet comprehensive, multi-authored, multi-specialty surgical text and video atlas that provides all the guidance you need to get the best outcomes in rhinoplasty. Babak Azizzadeh, MD, FACS and other leading experts guide you through both open and endonasal primary and secondary rhinoplasty techniques with the use of step-by-step procedures, color line drawings, intraoperative photographs, and narrated videos on DVD. Performed the latest open and endonasal techniques for both primary and revision rhinoplasty and give your patients the outstanding results they demand. Choose the most promising approach based on multiple expert viewpoints on the advantages and disadvantages of each approach. Review history, personal philosophy, anatomy, preoperative analysis, technique, and postoperative care, and complication avoidance for each procedure - all the information you need to get the best outcomes. Master the nuances of each new technique through step-by-step instructions and beautiful, detailed line drawings and intraoperative photographs. Watch master surgeons perform techniques in narrated videos on the included DVD's. Tap into the experience and expertise of leading reconstructive and cosmetic plastic surgeons.
- 2006 SpringerSachs, Michael Evan.
- Mastering rhinoplasty : a comprehensive atlas of surgical techniques with integrated video clips. 2nd ed.2010 SpringerDaniel, Rollin K.; Cox, Chuck; Schlesinger, Jay.Simplifying Rhinoplasty -- A Basic Rhinoplasty Operation -- Radix and Dorsum -- TechniqTueips -- Nasal Base -- Functional Factors -- Grafts -- Primary Rhinoplasty: Decision Making -- Advanced Primary Rhinoplasty -- Secondary Rhinoplasty: Surgical Techniques -- Secondary Rhinoplasty: Decision Making -- Aesthetic Reconstructive Rhinoplasty.
- McMinn's Color atlas of head and neck anatomy : Bari M. Logan, Patricia A. Reynolds ; original photography by Ralph T. Hutchings.. 4th ed.2010 ClinicalKeyLogan, B. M.; Hutchings, R. T.; McMinn, R. M. H.; Reynolds, Patricia.Skull and skull bone articulations -- Sect: Skull -- Bones of the skull -- Skull bone articulations -- Fetal skull -- Cervical vertebrae and neck -- Sect: Cervical vertebrae -- Other bones -- Neck -- Face, orbit and eye -- Sect: Face -- Orbit and eye -- Nose, oral region, ear and larynx -- Sect: Nose and paranasal sinuses -- Mouth, palate and pharynx -- Ear -- Larynx -- Cranial cavity and brain -- Sect: Cranial cavity -- Brain -- Radiographs -- Sect: Radiographs.Also available: Print – 2010
- 2011 KargerAlford, Raye Lynn; Sutton, V. Reid.Genetic basis of conditions commonly seen in ORL practice / Friedmann D.R., Lalwani A.K -- Basic medical genetics for the otolaryngologist / Alford, R.L., Darilek, S.A -- Ordering genetic tests and interpreting the results / Deignan, J.L., Grody, W.W. -- Referring patients for a medical genetics consultation and genetic counseling / Sutton, V.R. -- Towards an etiologic diagnosis: assessing the patient with hearing loss / Lin, J., Oghalai, J.S. -- Nonsyndromic hereditary hearing loss / Alford, R.L. -- Hereditary hearing loss with thyroid abnormalities / Choi, B.Y. ... [et al.] -- Pigmentary anomalies and hearing loss / Toriello, H.V. -- Usher syndrome: hearing loss with vision loss / Friedman, T.B. ... [et al.] -- Genetic disorders with both hearing loss and cardiovascular abnormalities / Belmont, J.W. ... [et al.] -- Hearing loss disorders associated with renal disease / Kimberling, W.J., Borso, N., Smith, R.J. -- Multiple endocrine neoplasia: types 1 and 2 / Marsh, D.J., Gimm, O. -- Neurofibromatosis type 2 / Evans, D.G.R., Lloyd, S.K.W., Ramsden, R.T. -- Hereditary paragangliomas / Raygada, M., Pasini, B., Stratakis, C.A. -- Genetic causes of nonsyndromic cleft lip with or without cleft palate / Yuan, Q., Blanton, S.H., Hecht, J.T -- Chronic rhinosinusitis / Wang, X., Cutting, G.R. -- Otosclerosis / Ealy, M., Smith, R.J.H -- Genetics of vestibulopathies / Jen, J.C. -- Genetics of otitis media / Post, J.C. -- Gene therapy for head and neck cancer / Abuzeid, W.M., Li, D., O'Malley Jr., B.W.
- 2014 KargerAsato, Hirotaka; Kaga, Kimitaka."Remarkable progress in the development of new concepts and techniques used in reconstructive surgery of microtia/atresia of the external auditory canal (EAC) has been made since the beginning of the 21st century. Helical computed tomography has made a three-dimensional reconstruction of the soft tissue of the temporal bone surface and the cranium possible, and has laid the groundwork for a collaboration between plastic surgeons and otologists. This book presents the latest findings on reconstructive surgery performed jointly by plastic surgeons and otologists. Based on this concept, information on diagnosis, surgical procedures, outcomes, long-term results and psychology is discussed. Collaborative surgery offers advantages not only in terms of a better reconstruction of morphology and function, but also in terms of the lower number of surgical procedures required which reduces the psychological pressure and economic burden on patients."--Publisher's website.
- 2013 SpringerFay, Richard R.; Popper, Arthur N.; Puria, Sunil.The middle ear plays a vital role in the sense and sensitivity of hearing. Of the various characteristics that distinguish mammals from other vertebrates, several pertain specifically to the middle-ear system, such as the presence of three middle-ear bones and the four-layer composite structure of the tympanic membrane. The Middle Ear attempts to elucidate the role this system plays in sound transmission, as viewed from both scientific and clinical perspectives.
- 2006 SpringerHildmann, Henning; Bernal-Sprekelsen, Manuel; Sudhoff, Holger.
- 2008 KargerRégis, Jean; Roche, Pierre-Hugues.Also available: Print – 2008
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Access restricted to Stanford community
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
Can't find it?
Look if we have it in print
- Springer Protocols
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
A repository of medical knowledge from internal medicine, cardiology, genetics, pharmacy, diagnosis and management, basic sciences, patient care, and more.
Continuously expanding, all databases in the repository contain the latest editions of selected medical titles.MicroMedex: Premier pharmaceutical information source containing multiple databases and drug reference tools. Of particular value is DRUGDEX Evaluations, one of the most comprehensive drug sources available.DynaMed is a clinical information resource used by physicians to answer clinical questions quickly and easily at the point of care. Topics are updated daily as new evidence becomes available.Scopus is the largest abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature: scientific journals, books and conference proceedings.A drug information resource containing: American Hospital Formulary System (AHFS), drug formulary for Lucile Packard Children's Hospital (LPCH) and Stanford Hospital & Clinics (SHC), Lexi-Drugs (adverse reactions, dosage and administration, mechanism of action, storage, use, and administration information), Lexi-Calc, Lexi-ID, Lexi-I.V. Compatibility (King Guide), Lexi-Interact, and Lexi-PALS.Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature (CINAHL) contains coverage of nursing and allied health literature.A knowledge database that provides access to topic reviews based on over 6000 clinically relevant articles. The evidence-based content, updated regularly, provides the latest practice guidelines in 59 medical specialtiesProvides critical assessments of systematic reviews compiled from a variety of medical journals.Selects from the biomedical literature original studies and systematic reviews that are immediately clinically relevant and then summarizes these articles in an enhanced abstract with expert commentary.
Multidisciplinary coverage of over 10,000 high-impact journals in the sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities, as well as international proceedings coverage for over 120,000 conferences.
Includes cited reference searching, citation maps, and an analyze tool.
Features systematic reviews that summarize the effects of interventions and makes a determination whether the intervention is efficacious or not.
Cochrane reviews are created through a strict process of compiling and analyzing data from multiple randomized control trials to ensure comprehensiveness and reliability.Provides systematic coverage of the psychological literature from the 1800s to the present through articles, book chapters and dissertations.BMJ Clinical Evidence. A clinical information tool built around systematic reviews summarizing the current state of knowledge about prevention and treatment of clinical conditions.PIER (Physicians' Information and Education Resource) is a Web-based decision-support tool designed for rapid point-of-care delivery of up-to-date, evidence-based guidance for primary care physicians.Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials (CENTRAL) provides access to 300,000 controlled trials that have been identified the Cochrane Collaboration.Provides drug information targeted for patients.A continually updating drug monograph.The National Guideline Clearinghouse (NGC): A comprehensive database of evidence-based clinical practice guidelines and related documents.MedlinePlus: A repository of health information from the National Library of Medicine. Links are from trusted sites. No advertising, no endorsement of commercial companies or productsLPCH CareNotes via MicroMedex: Patient education handouts customized by LPCH clinical staffMicromedex Lab Advisor: Evidence based laboratory test informationA drug database organized by generic name, trade name and drug class.LPCH / Stanford Hospital Formulary.A goldmine of trusted consumer health information from the world's largest medical library.A trusted source of expert advice for and about kids, providing the information necessary to help patients and parents understand their unique needs.Provides patient handouts from the American Academy of Family Physician.Access to the Stanford Health Library for patients.Lane provides access to over 5,000 eBooks many of which provide helpful background material that will prepare you to better tackle primary literature.
Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities.
In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.A collection of biomedical books that can be searched directly by concept, and linked to terms in PubMed abstracts.
A web-based, decision support system for infectious diseases, epidemiology, microbiology and antimicrobial chemotherapy. The database, updated weekly, currently includes 337 diseases, 224 countries, 1,147 microbial taxa and 306 antibacterial (-fungal, -parasitic, -viral) agents and vaccines.
Over 10,000 notes outline the status of specific infections within each country.
Provides online, full-text access to Springer's journal titles as well as journals from other publishers.
Subjects include: life sciences, chemical sciences, environmental sciences, geosciences, computer science, mathematics, medicine, physics and astronomy, engineering and economics. Also includes eBooks.Collection of over 8 thousand fulltext titles in engineering, math, and basic and applied biomedical research. Coverage is from 1967 to the present.A library of ebooks on a wide array of topics, digitized and made available online in conjunction with the original publishers.