Books by Subject
OtolaryngologyAccess restricted to Stanford unless otherwise noted
- Active middle ear implants 2010, KargerThe vibrant soundbridge : design and development / Ball, G.R. -- Cost-effectiveness of implantable middle ear hearing devices / Snik, A. ... [et al.] -- Indications and candidacy for active middle ear implants / Wagner, F. ... [et al.] -- Clinical results with an active middle ear implant in the oval window / Hüttenbrink, K.B., Beutner, D., Zahnert, T. -- Experiments on the coupling of an active middle ear implant to the stapes footplate / Zahnert, T., Bornitz, M., Hüttenbrink, K.B. -- The vibrant soundbridge for conductive and mixed hearing losses : European multicenter study results / Baumgartner, W.-D. ... [et al.] -- Clinical experience with the active middle ear implant vibrant soundbridge in sensorineural hearing loss / Pok, S.M., Schlögel, M., Böheim, K. -- The esteem system : a totally implantable hearing device / Maurer, J., Savvas, E. -- Totally implantable active middle ear implants : ten years' experience at the University of Tübingen / Zenner, H.P., Rodriguez Jorge, J.
- Advanced cosmetic otoplasty 2013, SpringerIn this book, international experts present up-to-date techniques of otoplasty in which they have extensive personal experience. Both new and modified procedures are described with the aid of a wealth of high-quality illustrations. In addition to these detailed descriptions, ear embryology and anatomy, psychological issues, postoperative care, possible risks and complications, and outcomes are extensively covered in order to provide the reader with a state of the art account of all aspects of cosmetic otoplasty.
- Aesthetics and functionality in ear reconstruction 2010, KargerHistory of auricular reconstruction / Weerda, H. -- State-of-the-art autogenous ear reconstruction in cases of microtia / Firmin, F. -- Ear reconstruction with porous polyethylene implants / Berghaus, A. ... [et al.] -- Auricular prostheses / Federspil, P.A. -- Combined aesthetic and functional reconstruction of ear malformations / Kiefer, J., Staudenmaier, R. -- Combined reconstruction of congenital auricular atresia and severe microtia / Siegert, R. -- Ear reconstruction through tissue engineering / Haisch, A. -- Customized tissue engineering for ear reconstruction / Staudenmaier, R. ... [et al.].
- Aging auditory system 2010, Springer
- Anesthesiology and otolaryngology 2013, SpringerWorking Side by Side: The Important Relationship Between Anesthesiologists and Otolaryngologists /Adam I. Levine, Samuel DeMaria Jr., Satish Govindaraj --Gross and Radiographic Anatomy /Puneet Pawha, Nancy Jiang, Katya Shpilberg --Basic Pharmacology of Anesthetic Agents /Wagdy Sidrak, Adam I. Levine, Samuel DeMaria Jr. --Basic Physiology /Ira Hofer, Samuel DeMaria Jr., Adam I. Levine --Physiologic Monitoring /Jaime B. Hyman, David L. Reich --Oxygen Delivery Systems and the Anesthesia Workstation /James B. Eisenkraft, Robert Williams --Preoperative Assessment and Optimization /Jaime B. Hyman, Andrew B. Leibowitz --Airway Management, Emergencies and the Difficult Airway /Irene P. Osborn, Andrew J. Kleinberger --Adult Sleep Apnea and Related Procedures /Menachem M. Weiner, Fred Y. Lin --Phonomicrosurgery and Office-Based Laryngology /Allan P. Reed, Peak Woo --Otologic Surgery /Cheryl K. Gooden --Facial Plastic Surgery /Adam I. Levine, Samuel DeMaria Jr., Eunice Park --Functional Nasal and Sinus Surgery /Alan J. Sim, Adam I. Levine, Satish Govindaraj --Thyroid, Parathyroid, and Parotid Surgery /Steven Porter, Andrew Schwartz --Head and Neck Cancer Surgery I: Resection /Adam I. Levine, Samuel DeMaria Jr. --Head and Neck Cancer Surgery II: Reconstruction /Adam I. Levine, Samuel DeMaria Jr., Brett A. Miles --Neurosurgical Otolaryngology I: Neurotology/Posterior Fossa Surgery /Jess W. Brallier, Eric E. Smouha --Neurosurgical Otolarynology II: Endoscopic Skull Base and Pituitary Surgery /Stacie G. Deiner, Kalmon D. Post, Satish Govindaraj --Tracheotomy /Sharmin Haque, Adam I. Levine, Chan W. Park --Pediatric Otolaryngology /Jonathan S. Gal, Francine S. Yudkowitz --Office-Based Otolaryngology /Laurence M. Hausman --Acute and Chronic Pain Management /Yury Khelemsky --Postoperative Care /Jody Jones, Brigid Flynn --Medico-Legal Considerations and Patient Safety /Elizabeth A. M. Frost.
- Atlas of endoscopic sinus and skull base surgery 2013, ClinicalKeySeptoplasty -- Septodermoplasty -- Middle and Inferior Turbinates -- Sphenopalatine Artery Ligation -- Endoscopic and Open Anterior/Posterior Ethmoid Artery Ligation -- Endoscopic Repair of Choanal Atresia -- Maximal Medical Management of Chronic Rhinosinusitis: Preoperative Preparation and Positioning -- Maxillary Antrostomy -- Partial and Complete Ethmoidectomy -- Sphenoidotomy -- Frontal Sinusotomy -- Postoperative Debridement -- Balloon Dilatation of the Maxillary, Frontal, and Sphenoid Sinuses -- Revision Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery: Completion Sphenoethmoidectomy -- Extended Frontal Recess Dissections: Draf IIb and Draf III Approaches -- Modified Medial Maxillectomy for Recalcitrant Maxillary Sinusitis -- Extended Sphenoid Sinus Antrostomy -- Endoscopic Dacryocystorhinostomy -- Endoscopic Orbital Decompression -- Optic Nerve Decompression -- Endoscopic Medial Maxillectomy for Inverted Papilloma -- Pterygopalatine/Pterygomaxillary Space Approaches and Internal Maxillary Artery Ligation -- Approach for Juvenile Nasopharyngeal Angiofibroma -- Endoscopic Craniofacial Resection -- Repair of Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak and Encephalocele of the Cribriform Plate -- Sphenoid Sinus Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak and Encephalocele Repair -- Large Skull Base Defect Reconstruction with and without Pedicled Flaps -- Endoscopic Resection of Pituitary Tumors -- Endoscopic Transplanum and Sellar Approach -- The Clivus -- Frontal Sinus Trephination -- Osteoplastic Flaps with and without Obliteration -- Frontal Sinus Fractures.
- Atlas of the sensory organs 2005, Springer
- Atlas of transnasal esophagoscopy 2007, OvidIndications for transnasal esophagoscopy -- Technique and endoscopic anatomy of nasal cavity and hypopharynx -- Normal transnasal esophagoscopy -- Esophagitis -- Webs and rings -- Hiatal hernia -- Barrett's metaplasia -- Neoplasia -- Miscellaneous esophageal disorders -- Procedures.
- Auditory trauma, protection, and repair 2008, Springer
- Basic science/general medicine -- Rhinology and allergy -- General otolaryngology -- Laryngology -- Trauma -- Pediatric otolaryngology -- Head and neck surgery -- Sleep medicine -- Otology -- Facial plastic and reconstructive surgery -- Contemporary issues in medical practice.
- Basic otorhinolaryngology 2006, Thieme BookAnatomy, physiology, and immunology of the nose, paranasal sinuses, and face / Gerhard Grevers -- Diagnostic evaluation of the nose and paranasal sinuses / Gerhard Grevers -- Diseases of the nose, paranasal sinuses, and face / Gerhard Grevers -- Lips and oral cavity / Gerhard Grevers -- Pharynx and esophagus / Gerhard Grevers -- The salivary glands / Rudolf Probst -- Anatomy and physiology of the ear / Rudolf Probst -- Audiology (hearing tests) / Rudolf Probst -- Pediatric hearing disorders, pediatric audiology / Rudolf Probst -- External ear / Rudolf Probst -- Middle ear / Rudolf probst -- Inner ear and retrocochlear disorders / Rudolf Probst -- Vestibular disorders / Rudolf Probst -- Facial nerve / Rudolf Probst -- Lateral skull base / Rudolf Probst -- External neck / Heinrich Iro, with Frank Waldfahrer -- Larynx and trachea / Heinrich Iro, with Frank Waldfahrer -- Voice disorders / Frank Rosanowski, Ulrich Eysholdt -- Speech and language disorders / Frank Rosanowski, Ulrich Eysholdt.
- Central auditory pathway disorders 2009, Springer
- Cochlear and brainstem implants 2006, KargerHistory of cochlear implants and auditory brainstem implants / Moller A.R. -- Surgical aspects of cochlear implantation: mechanisms of insertional trauma / Roland P.S., Wright C.G. -- Histopathology of the inner ear relevant to cochlear implantation / Nadol J.B. Jr., Eddington D.K. -- Factors influencing spoken language outcomes in children following early cochlear implantation / Geers A.E. -- Central auditory development in children with cochlear implants: clinical implications / Sharma A., Dorman M.F. -- Brain plasticity under cochlear implant stimulation / Kral A., Tillein J. -- Speech processing in vocoder-centric cochlear implants / Loizou P.C. -- Auditory brainstem implants: surgical aspects / Fayad J.N., Otto S.R., Brackmann D.E. -- A guide to the positioning of brainstem implants using inraoperative electrical auditory brainstem responses / Nevison B. -- Auditory outcomes in tumor vs. nontumor patients fitted with auditory brainstem implant / Colletti V. -- Basis of electrical stimulation of the cochlea and the cochlear nucleus / Shepherd R.K., McCreery D.B. -- Physiological basis for cochlear and auditory brainstem implants / Moller A.R.
- Cochlear implants and hearing preservation 2010, KargerElectric acoustic stimulation : a new era in prosthetic hearing rehabilitation / van de Heyning, P., Kleine Punte, A. -- Hearing preservation in cochlear implantation and drug treatment / Barriat, S. ... [et al.] -- Ganglion cell and dendrite populations in electric acoustic stimulation ears / Rask-Andersen, H., Liu, W., Linthicum, F. -- Electrode features for hearing preservation and drug delivery strategies / Jolly, C. .. [et al.] -- Detection of dead regions in the cochlea : relevance for combined electric and acoustic stimulation / Moore, B.C.J., Glasberg, B., Schlueter, A. -- Psychophysical properties of low-frequency hearing : implications for perceiving speech and music via electric and acoustic stimulation / Gifford, R.H., Dorman, M.F., Brown, C.A. -- Neuronal responses in cat inferior colliculus to combined acoustic and electric stimulation / Vollmer, M., Hartmann, R., Tillein, J. -- Music perception in electric acoustic stimulation users as assessed by the MU. S.I.C. test / Brockmeier, S.J. ... [et al.] -- Acceptance and fitting of the DUET device : a combined speech processor for electric acoustic stimulation / Helbig, S., Baumann, U. -- From electric acoustic stimulation to improved sound coding in cochlear implants / Nopp, P., Polak, M. -- Minimizing intracochlear trauma during cochlear implantation / Adunka, O.F., Pillsbury, H.C., Buchman, C.A. -- Hearing preservation surgery : current opinions / Fitzgerald O'Connor, E., Fitzgerald O'Connor, A. -- Electric acoustic stimulation in patients with postlingual severe high-frequency hearing loss : clinical experience / Arnoldner, C. ... [et al.] -- The hybrid cochlear implant : a review / Woodson, E.A. ... [et al.] -- Electric acoustic stimulation in children / Skarzynski, H., Lorens, A. -- Bilateral electric acoustic stimulation : a comparison of partial and deep cochlear electrode insertion : a longitudinal case study / Kleine Punte, A., Vermeire, K., van de Heyning, P.
- Color atlas of ENT diagnosis. 5th ed. 2010, Thieme Book
- Complications in head and neck surgery. 2nd ed. 2009, ClinicalKeyPart 1: General topics -- Anesthesia complications in head and neck surgery / Errol P. Lobo, Francesca Pellegrini, and Elisabetta Pusceddu -- Nutritional management in head and neck cancer / Marc D. Coltrera -- Wound healing / Bradley A. Schiff -- Postoperative infection / Rebecca E. Fraioli and Jonas T. Johnson -- Medical complications of head and neck surgery / Joshua S. Adler and Andrew D. Auerbach -- Complications of pediatric head and neck surgery / Andrew F. Inglis, Jr., and Mark A. Richardson -- Complications of geriatric head and neck surgery / Eric M. Genden -- Endocrine complications of head and neck surgery / Mimi I. Hu and Steven I. Sherman -- Ophthalmic and orbital complications of head and neck surgery / Chistopher I. Zoumalan ... [et al.] -- Neurosurgical complications / Ivan H. El-Sayed, Hazem Mohammad Ali Saleh, and Michael W. McDermott -- Complications in interventional neuroradiology of the head and neck / Lee H. Monsein and Christopher F. Dowd -- Head and neck surgical fires / Mark E. Bruley -- Quality of care and patient safety / Robert M. Wachter -- Complications of radiation therapy / Laura Ellen Millender -- Chemotherapy in head and neck cancer / Missak Haigentz, Jr. -- Pain management for head and neck surgery / Tracey Straker -- Postoperative dysphagia / Timothy M. McCulloch, Haskins Kashima, and Michelle Ciucci -- Palliative medicine and end-of-life care / Francine Rainone -- Quality of life in head and neck cancer / Shatul L. Parikh and Amy Y. Chen --Part 2: Salivary glands, oral cavity, and oropharynx -- Complications of surgery of the salivary glands / M. Boyd Gillespie and David W. Eisele -- Complications of surgery of the parapharyngeal space / Eric Jason Moore and Kerry D. Olsen -- Complications of lip surgery / Mark G. Shrime ... [et al.] -- Complications of surgery of the oral cavity / Jay O. Boyle and Vincent Reid -- Dental complications / Brian L. Schmidt -- Complications of cleft lip and palate surgery / Jennifer L. Rhodes and David Alan Staffenberg -- Temporomandibular joint surgery / M. Anthony Pagrel -- Complications of surgery of the oropharynx / Karen T. Pitman -- Complications of tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy / Thomas J. Ow and Sanjay R. Parikh -- Complications of sleep surgery / Eric J. Kezirian --Part 3: Larynx, trachea, and hypopharynx -- Complications of endoscopy: rigid and flexible / Mark S. Courey -- Complications of percutaneous gastrostomy / Rohan R. Walvekar and Robert L. Ferris -- Complications of intubation and emergency airway management / M. Boyd Gillespie, Brian Craig, and Stephen F. Dierdorf -- Complications of laryngeal surgery / Richard V. Smith -- Complications of tracheostomy and tracheal surgery / Ivan H. El-Sayed, Amol M. Bhatki, and Nissim Khabie -- Complications of hypopharyngectomy and hypopharyngeal reconstruction / Adam S. Jacobson and Eric M. Genden --Part 4: Neck, thyroid, and parathyroid -- Complications of surgery of the neck / Wayne M. Koch -- Complications of endoscopic neck surgery / Susan K. Anderson and David J. Terris -- Complications of surgery of the carotid artery / Bruce A. Perler -- Complications of thyroid surgery / Christine G. Gourin and David W. Eisele -- Complications of parathyroid surgery / Lisa A. Orloff --Part 5: Nose, paranasal sinuses, and aesthetic surgery -- Complications of nasal surgery and epistaxis management / Alexis H. Jackman and Marvin P. Fried -- Complications of surgery of the paranasal sinuses / Amol M. Bhatki and Andrew N. Goldberg -- Complications of rhinoplasty / David W. Kim and M. Jafer Ali -- Complications of maxillectomy / Jarrod Little and Jeffrey M. Bumpous -- Complications of transsphenoidal hypophysectomy / Karen A. Kölln and Brent A. Senior -- Complications of maxillofacial trauma surgery / David M. Saito and Andrew H. Murr -- Complications of facial rejuvenation surgery / Corinne Elisabeth Horn and J. Regan Thomas -- Injury of the facial nerve / Holger G. Gassner and Kris S. Moe -- Complications of chemical peels, dermabrasion, and laser resurfacing / F. Brian Gibson and Stephen W. Perkins -- Complications of facial implants / Jonathan M. Sykes --Part 6: Skull base and ear -- Complications of anterior skull-base surgery / Dennis H. Kraus, Mark H. Bilsky, and Jerry Lin -- Complications of lateral skull-base surgery / Frank R. Lin and John K. Niparko -- Complications of acoustic neuroma surgery / C. Y. Joseph Chang, Brian S. Wang, and Steven W. Cheung -- Complications of surgery of the vestibular system / Timothy E. Hullar -- Complications of tympanomastoidectomy / Ronald A. Hoffman -- Complications of ear surgery / Joseph G. Feghali ... [et al.] -- Complications of cohlear implanation / Lawrence R. Lustig -- Complications of congenital aural atresia and external auditory canal surgery / Paul R. Lambert -- Complications of otoplasty / Matthew B. Zavod, Theodore Chen, and Peter A. Adamson --Part 7: Reconstructive surgery -- Complications of pedicled myocutaneous flaps / Francisco J. Civantos and James L. Netterville -- Complications of local facial flaps / Matthew Ashbach, Craig S. Murakami, and Mark S. Zimbler -- Complications of free-tissue transfer / Steven J. Wang, Theodoros N. Teknos, and Douglas B. Chepeha -- Complications of skin, cartilage, and bone grafts / Vicente A. Resto and Daniel G. Deschler.
- Comprehensive and clinical anatomy of the middle ear 2013, SpringerThe temporal bone -- Middle ear cavity -- Middle ear contents -- Middle ear compartments -- The mastoid -- Facial Nerve -- The eustachian tube.
- Skull base anatomy and CSF rhinorrhea / A. Lam, E. Holbrook -- Pathophysiology of iatrogenic and traumatic skull base injury / S.T. Gray, A.W. Wu -- Grafting materials in skull base reconstruction / K.K. Prickett, S.K. Wise -- Free graft techniques in skull base reconstruction / J.Y. Ting, R. Metson -- Nasoseptal flap / C.D. Pinheiro-Neto -- Sphenopalatine-derived pedicled flaps / J.D. Suh, A.G. Chiu -- Anteriorly based pedicled flaps for skull base reconstruction / J.C. Meier, B.S. Bleier -- Pedicled extranasal flaps in skull base reconstruction / G.G. Kim ... [et al.] -- Microvascular free flaps in skull base reconstruction / M.W. Herr, D.T. Lin -- Spontaneous cerebrospinal fluid leak and management of intracranial pressure / Z.M. Soler, R.J. Schlosser -- Endoscopic reconstruction of frontal, cribiform, and ethmoid skull base defects / R.J. Harvey -- Chin : planum, tubercular, sellar, and clival defects / C.C. Wei, J.N. Palmer -- Quality control approach to cerebrospinal fluid leaks / C.H. Snyderman, P.A. Gardner -- Postoperative care following skull base reconstruction / V.R. Ramakrishnan, A. Waziri -- Complications of skull base reconstruction / M. Chaaban, B.A. Woodworth -- Prevention and management of complications after treatment for skull base tumors : a multidisciplinary approach / J.W. Jang, A.W. Chan -- Novel techniques and the future of skull base reconstruction / J.C. Meier, B.S Bleier.
- Congenital malformations of the head and neck 2014, SpringerCongenital Malformations of the Head and Neck offers a unique conceptual and visual approach to children with congenital malformations of the head and neck. Developed by renowned leaders in the field, this title is richly illustrated with a wealth of patient photos, radiology and endoscopic images of malformations. Starting with the genetics of common congenital syndromes, Congenital Malformations of the Head and Neck goes on to comprehensively cover malformations of the ear, nose, nasopharynx, oral cavity, oropharynx, cleft lip and palate, larynx, trachea, and neck. Easy-to-read and an indispensable reference and teaching resource, this title will serve as an invaluable reference for clinicians, neurologists, pediatricians, otolaryngologists and head and neck surgeons. It should also be of great interest to fellows and residents.
- Cummings Otolaryngology head & neck surgery. 5th ed. 2010, MD ConsultFulltext ClinicalKey
- Current diagnosis & treatment in otolaryngology. 3rd ed. 2012, AccessMedicineIncludes more than 400 clinical photographs and line drawings and a comprehensive radiology chapter with more than 150 images.--excerpted from p. 4 of cover.
- Current research in head and neck cancer 2005, KargerDevelopment of a conditional mouse model for head and neck squamous cell carcinoma / Bindels, E.M.J., van de Brekel, M.W.M. -- Hypofolatemia as a risk factor for head and neck cancer / Almadori, G. ... [et al.] -- Reduced DNA repair capacity in laryngeal cancer subjects: a comparison of phenotypic and genotypic results / Gajacka, M. ... [et al.] -- Intratumoral genomic heterogeneity in advanced head and neck cancer detected by comparative genomic hybridization / Götte, K. ... [et al.] -- Function and importance of p63 in normal oral mucosa and squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck / Thurfjell, N. ... [et al.] -- p53, p63 and p73 expression in squamous cell carcinomas of the head and neck and their response to cisplatin exposure / Balz, V. ... [et al.] --Expression of p16 protein is associated with human papillomavirus status in tonsillar carcinomas and has implications on survival / Wittekindt, C. ... [et al.] -- EGFR-antibody-supplemented TPF chemotherapy: preclinical investigations to a novel approach for head and neck cancer induction treatment / Knecht, R. ... [et al.] -- Nuclear factor kappa B as a common target and activator of oncogenes in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma / Chang, A.A., Van Waes, C. -- Antiangiogenic therapy of head and neck squamous cell carcinoma by vascular endothelial growth factor antisense therapy / Riedel, F. ... [et al.] -- Expression pattern of chemokine receptors 6 and 7 in squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck identifies a novel metastatic phenotype / Wang, J. ... [et al.] -- p53-based immunotherapy of cancer / De Leo, A.B. --p53 as an immunotherapeutic target in head and neck cancer: approaches to reversing unresponsiveness of T lymphocytes and preventing tumor escape / Hoffmann, T.K. ... [et al.] -- Imbalance in absolute counts of T lymphocyte subsets in patients with head and neck cancer and its relation to disease / Kuss, I. ... [et al.] -- Antitumor immunization of head and neck squamous cell carcinoma patients with a virus-modified autologous tumor cell vaccine / Herold-Mende, C. ... [et al.] -- Prognostic factors: confusion caused by bad quality of design, analysis and reporting of many studies / Sauerbrei, W.
- Deafness 2013, SpringerDeafness explores the neuronal consequences of being deaf on the peripheral and the central nervous system as well as on cognition and learning, viewed from the standpoint of genetics, neuroanatomy and neurophysiology, molecular biology, systems neuroscience, and cognitive neuroscience.
- Development of the inner ear 2005, Springer
- Diagnosis in otorhinolaryngology 2009, Springer
- Diseases of the inner ear 2010, SpringerTemporal Bone Tumors and Metastatic Disease -- Cholesteatoma and Its Complications -- Anomalies of the Inner Ear -- Sudden Sensorineural Hearing Loss -- Trauma to the Inner Ear -- Otosclerosis -- Presbycusis -- Ménière's Syndrome -- Benign Positional Vertigo -- Meningioma -- Vestibular Schwannoma -- Other Cranial Nerve Schwannomas and Paragangliomas -- Ototoxicity.
- Dynamics of the singing voice. 5th ed. 2009, Springer
- Ear reconstruction 2013, SpringerEar reconstruction is required in a variety of patients, including especially those with congenital anomalies and associated deformities. In this book, a renowned practitioner in ear reconstruction explains the approaches that he has personally developed over the past 40 years in order to improve surgical results and also presents important new concepts. The proposed techniques offer tailored solutions to specific problems and are applicable in settings including severe microtia, moderate microtia, anotia, traumatic amputation, and unsatisfactory prominent ear surgery. Complications during and after ear reconstruction are also discussed, with guidance on their treatment. Throughout the book, the aim of the author is to share the fruits of his extensive experience with fellow surgeons in an informative and practically oriented way. The clearly written text is complemented by numerous helpful color photographs.
- Ear surgery 2008, SpringerOtosclerosis Surgery Complications, p. 1-12 -- Tympanoplasty/Ossiculoplasty, p. 13-27 -- Surgery for Chronic Otitis Media, p. 29-31 -- Complications of Chronic Otitis Media, p. 33-42 -- Petrous Apex Lesions, p. 43-53 -- Cholesteatoma, p. 55-60 -- External Auditory Canal Lesions, p. 61-65 -- Spontaneous Cerebral Spinal Fluid Otorrhea, p. 67-75 -- Facial Nerve Surgery, p. 77-88 -- Surgery for Vertigo, p. 89-98 -- Tumor Surgery, p. 99-110 -- Cochlear Implant Surgery, p. 111-115 -- Differential Diagnosis of Unilateral Serous Otitis Media, p. 117-120.
- Ear, nose, and throat and head and neck surgery. 4th ed. 2013, ClinicalKeyA textbook in the Illustrated Colour Text series on ENT, aimed at medical students and junior doctors. Concise presentation of ENT in the attractive ICT format - clear line diagrams, colour photos of clinical conditions, summary boxes etc. Covers a topic which is important in primary care - medical students and junior doctors are motivated to buy a book in this area. Basic anatomy and physiology is reviewed - useful revision for students in clinical years. Comprehensive coverage of both presenting symptoms and specific diseases, with more detail on the commoner conditions. Clear description of examination and investigation techniques.
- Encyclopedia of otolaryngology, head and neck surgery 2013, SpringerGeneral Otolaryngology -- Pediatric Otolaryngology -- Head and Neck Surgery -- Otology-Neurotology -- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
- Endoscopic approaches to the skull base 2012, Karger
- ENT Board Prep 2014, SpringerENT Board Prep is a high-yield review that is an ideal study guide for the ENT in-service and board exams. While other review guides are low yield or more of a textbook, this is quick, concise, and easy-to-use, providing everything you need to know in a easy to digest format. ENT Board Prep offers review on sections such as cancer, ear, sinus, plastics, sleep, and laryngology, as well as case studies useful for studying for the oral board exams. Written and edited by leaders in the field, this book aims to serve future residents and fellows in those crucial weeks leading up to the ENT board exam.
- Evidence-based otolaryngology 2008, Springer
- The primary nose and palate in evolution -- The primary nose and palate in human embryo development -- Parallels between evolution and development of the nose -- The seemingly simple formation of the secondary palate and nose in the human embryo -- The complex formation of the secondary palate and nose in evolution -- A theory of secondary palate formation -- Primary and secondary palates : primary and secondary nasal fossae -- Olfactory and respiratory nasal fossae -- Is the human ethmoid labyrinth a sinus? -- Understanding the anatomy of the human nose -- Formation of the paranasal air sinues -- The nose in midface development -- Reminder of the normal embryologic development of the human brain -- Phylogenetic origins of the visual and olfactory organs -- Lessons from midface malformations associated to holoprosencephaly -- The evo-devo scenario of nose and midface formation -- A help to teaching anatomy -- Medical hypothesis and perspectives -- Evolutionary and develomental (evo-devo) medicine.
- Fish bioacoustics 2008, SpringerIntroduction to fish bioacoustics / Richard R. Fay, Arthur N. Popper, and Jacqueline F. Webb -- Hearing and acoustic behavior: basic and applied considerations / Arthur N. Popper and Carl R. Schilt -- Structures and functions of the auditory nervous system of fishes / Richard R. Fay and Peggy L. Edds-Walton -- Evolution of peripheral mechanisms for the enhancement of sound reception / Christopher B. Braun and Terry Grande -- Bioacoustics and the lateral line system of fishes / Jacqueline F. Webb, John C. Montgomery, and Joachim Mogdans -- Orientation to auditory and lateral line stimuli / Olav Sand and Horst Bleckmann -- Multipole mechanisms for directional hearing in fish / Peter H. Rogers and David G. Zeddies -- Vocal-acoustic communication: from neurons to behavior / Andrew H. Bass and Friedrich Ladich -- Active and passive acoustics to locate and study fish / David A. Mann, Anthony D. Hawkins, and J. Michael Jech.
- Frontal sinus 2005, Springer
- Frozen section library. Head and neck 2011, SpringerGeneral considerations -- Nasal cavity and paranasal sinuses -- Salivary glands -- Oral cavity, pharynx, and larynx -- Neck -- Head and neck presentations of intracranial lesions.
- Gene therapy of cochlear deafness 2009, KargerGene therapy for the inner ear : challenges and promises / Ryan, A.F., Dazert, S. -- Therapeutic regulation of gene expression in the inner ear using RNA interference / Maeda, Y., Smith, R.J.H. -- Gene therapy of the inner ear using adenovirus vectors / Husseman, J., Raphael, Y. -- Repair of the vestibular system via adenovector delivery of Atoh1 : a potential treatment for balance disorders / Baker, K., Brough, D.E., Staecker, H. -- Gene therapy and stem cell transplantation : strategies for hearing restoration / Kesser, B.W., Lalwani, A.K. -- Adenoviral and AAV-mediated gene transfer to the inner ear : role of serotype, promoter, and viral load on in vivo and in vitro infection efficiencies / Luebke, A.E. ... [et al.].
- Genetic hearing impairment 2002, Karger
- Genetic hearing loss 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Hair cell regeneration, repair, and protection 2008, SpringerOverview: regeneration and repair / Richard J. Salvi -- Morphological correlates of regeneration and repair in the inner ear / Jason R. Meyers and Jeffrey T. Corwin -- Recovery of function in the avian auditory system after ototrauma / James C. Saunders and Richard J. Salvi -- Functional recovery after hair cell regeneration in birds / Robert J. Dooling, Micheal L. Dent, Amanda M. Lauer, and Brenda M. Ryals -- Hair cell regeneration : mechanisms guiding cellular proliferation and differentiation / Elizabeth C. Oesterle and Jennifer S. Stone -- Protection and repair of inner ear sensory cells / Andrew Forge and Thomas R. Van De Water -- Gene arrays, cell lines, stem cells, and sensory regeneration in mammalian ears / Marcelo N. Rivolta and Matthew C. Holley.
- Head & neck cancer 2013, SpringerThis book is a collection of Chapters that provide an up to date overview of all aspects of Head and Neck cancer. It is written by professionals, and is not only intended for other professionals, but students, patients, policy makers, etc. There are so many aspects to this group of diseases that even the most seasoned professional will learn something from having read this book. This volume covers Head and Neck cancer in such a way that it covers the ancient history of these tumors to modern diagnostic methods. It covers the various aspects of treatment and the healing of the these patients. Various aspects of molecular biology, the histology, and diagnostic methods are also discussed. Links are made between subject matter that will give readers new insight to these tumors. This volume will give a broad understanding to the various aspects related to Head and Neck cancer in general, and will provide the foundation for anyone to explore the subject matter in greater detail.
- Head & neck surgery--otolaryngology. 4th ed. 2006, Ovid
- Head and neck cancer 2011, SpringerEpidemiology and Aetiology of Head and Neck Cancers -- Head and Neck Cancer Prevention -- Cellular and Molecular Pathology of Head and Neck Tumors -- Oncogenomics/Proteomics of Head and Neck Cancers -- Genetics and Epigenetics of Head and Neck Cancer -- Immunology of Head and Neck Cancer -- HPV and EBV in Head and Neck Cancer -- Head and Neck Cancer Staging and Prognosis: Perspectives of the UICC and the AJCC -- Biomarkers in Head and Neck Cancer -- Hypoxia in Head and Neck Cancers: Clinical Relevance and Treatment -- Translational Research in Head and Neck Oncology -- Preclinical Models of Head and Neck Squamous Cell Carcinoma -- Morphologic Investigations in Head and Neck Cancer -- Ultrasound Investigations in Head and Neck Cancer Patients -- Functional Imaging -- Sentinel Node Biopsy for Head and Neck Cancer -- Approaches to Supportive Care -- Intensity-Modulated Radiation Therapy for Head and Neck Cancer -- Principles of Systemic Chemotherapy for Squamous Cell Head and Neck Cancer -- Molecular Targeted Therapies in Head and Neck Cancer -- Phase I Study Methodology in Head and Neck Oncology -- Evidence-Based Head and Neck Oncology: Principles and Pitfalls -- Programs of Organ and Function Preservation -- Multidisciplinary Approach of Unresectable Head and Neck Cancer -- Laser Endoscopic Treatment -- Multidisciplinary Management of Skull Base and Superstructure Tumors.Multidisciplinary Management of Oral Cavity and Maxillary Sinus Cancers -- Cancers of the Larynx: Tis, T1, T2 Evaluation and Management -- Multidisciplinary Management of Oropharynx Carcinomas -- Multidisciplinary Management of Hypopharyngeal Carcinoma -- Cancers of the Larynx: Tis, T1, T2 Evaluation and Management -- Diagnosis and Multidisciplinary Treatment of Laryngeal Cancers -- Principles and New Approaches in Surgical Reconstruction -- Multidisciplinary Treatment of the Neck -- Postoperative Management of High-Risk Resectable Head and Neck Cancer -- Management of Salivary Gland Cancer -- Head and Neck Melanoma -- Cervical Lymph Node Metastases of Squamous Cell Carcinoma from an Unknown Primary Site -- Management of Thyroid and Parathyroid Cancers -- Head and Neck Paragangliomas --Treatment of the Elderly Head and Neck Cancer Patient -- Interstitial Radiation Therapy in Cancer of the Oropharynx and Oral Cavity -- Proton Beam Therapy for Head and Neck Cancer -- Normal Tissue Complications and Protection in Head and Neck Cancer Patients -- Rehabilitation of Heavily Treated Head and Neck Cancer Patients -- Salvage Therapy in Head and Neck Cancer Patients -- Systemic Treatment of Recurrent/Metastatic Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Head and Neck -- Best Supportive Care for Palliative Treatment -- Quality of Life in Head and Neck Cancer Patients -- Quality Assurance of Clinical Trials in the Management of Cancer in the Head and Neck.
- General principles of head and neck pathology -- Clinical evaluation of the head and neck cancer patient -- Prognostic factors in patients with head and neck cancer -- Radiologic evaluation of the head and neck cancer patient -- Novel radiation therapy techniques in the management of head and neck cancer -- New approaches: robotics and endoscopic head and neck surgery -- Targeted agents in squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck -- Multidisciplinary reconstruction of the head and neck: general principles -- Dental oncology and maxillofacial prosthetics -- Interdisciplinary symptom management -- Evaluation and rehabilitation of speech, voice, and swallowing functions after treatment of head and neck cancer -- Human papillomavirus -- associated head and neck carcinoma -- Chemoprevention -- Management of the neck -- Metastatic cancer to the neck from an unknown primary site -- Cancer of the oral cavity -- Cancer of the oropharynx -- Cancer of the larynx -- Cancers of the hypopharynx and cervical esophagus -- Cancer of the nasal vestibule, nasal cavity paranasal sinuses, anterior skull base, and orbit: surgical management -- Cancer of the nasal cavity and paranasal sinus: radiation therapy and chemotherapy management -- Cancer of the nasopharynx -- Basal and squamous cell skin cancers -- Melanoma of the head and neck -- Management of salivary gland tumors -- Primary and recurrent disease of the lateral skull base -- Paragangliomas of the head and neck -- Cancer of the thyroid and parathyroid -- Soft tissue and bone sarcomas of the head and neck -- Systemic targeted therapy for recurrent and metastatic head and neck squamous cell cancer.
- Head and neck imaging 2008, Thieme BookSkull base / M. Cohnen, V. Engelbrecht -- Petrous bone / M. Cohnen -- Orbit / M. Cohnen, V. Engelbrecht -- Paranasal sinuses / M. Cohnen -- Pharynx / B. Fritz -- Larynx / K. Andersen -- Oral cavity / B. Fritz -- Salivary glands / K. Andersen -- Soft tissues of the neck / B. Fritz -- Lymph nodes / K. Andersen.
- Imaging in treatment planning for sinonasal diseases 2005, Springer
- Implantable bone conduction hearing aids 2011, KargerHistorical background of bone conduction hearing devices and bone conduction hearing aids / Mudry, A., Tjellström, A. -- Acoustic and physiologic aspects of bone conduction hearing / Stenfelt, S. -- An overview of different systems : the bone-anchored hearing aid / Dun, C.A.J. ... [et al.] -- The ponto bone-anchored hearing system / Westerkull, P. -- Partially implantable bone conduction hearing aids without a percutaneous abutment (otomag) : technique and preliminary clinical results -- Siegert, R. -- Surgery for the bone-anchored hearing aid / Arnold, A., Caversaccio, M.-D., Mudry, A. -- Paediatric baha / McDermott, A.-L., Sheehan, P. -- Complications of bone-anchored hearing devices / Wazen, J.J., Wycherly, B., Daugherty, J. -- Audiological results with Baha in conductive and mixed hearing loss / Pfiffner, F.; Caversaccio, M.-D.; Kompis, M. -- Conductive hearing loss and bone conduction devices : restored binaural hearing? / Agterberg, M.J.H. ... [et al.] -- Bone-anchored devices in single-sided deafness / Stewart, C.M.; Clark, J.H.; Niparko, J.K. -- Factors influencing the decision for baha in unilateral deafness : the Bern benefit in single-sided deafness questionnaire / Kompis, M. ... [et al.] -- Challenges and recent developments in sound processing for Baha / Flynn, M.C. -- Headbands, testbands and softbands in preoperative testing and application of bone-anchored devices in adults and children / Zarowski, A.J. ... [et al.] -- Bone-anchored hearing aids versus conventional hearing aids / Banga, R. ... [et al.] -- The future of bone conduction hearing devices / Håkansson, B.
- Invasive fungal rhinosinusitis 2014, SpringerIncidence of invasive fungal sinusitis has been increasing over the years. The understanding of its pathophysiology has improved with newer serological tests and diagnostic methods helping in earlier diagnosis and reducing patient morbidity. It was believed earlier that invasive fungal sinusitis is seen only in immune compromised patients but clinical reports suggest otherwise. More anti-fungal drugs are being added to improve incidence of patient survival. This book aims to compile all practical information about invasive fungal sinusitis into a single volume. Therefore, busy clinicians would not have to perform exhaustive literature studies to diagnose invasive fungal sinusitis. The book aims to provide an overview of diseases which could be mistaken for invasive fungal sinusitis and discuss how the management is different. Book sections consist of clinical, microbiological, serological, pathological, radiological and pharmacological features of the disease and its management. Each section is important in today's context as it dynamically alters the management of the patient. Early clinical suspicion and rapid microbiological, pathological and radiological diagnosis with aggressive treatment with surgical debridement and medical therapy leads to favorable outcomes.
- "In Diseases of the Ear, Nose and Throat Lecture Notes, 11th edition you will find everything on the topic that could crop up in a clinic or teaching session. This little gem of a book is clearly laid out with colour photographs and illustrations, is broken down into intuitive chapters and sections, and contains treatment boxes, all of which help those key concepts stick"--Provided by publisher.
- Manual of Diagnostic and Therapeutic Techniques for Disorders of Deglutition is a comprehensive multidisciplinary text bringing together the research and practice of deglutition. This book is designed as a diagnostic and therapeutic reference for swallowing clinicians from such diverse backgrounds as gastroenterology, speech language pathology, otolaryngology, rehabilitation medicine, radiology and related fields. Manual of Diagnostic and Therapeutic Techniques for Disorders of Deglutition covers information on state-of-the-art diagnostic and therapeutic modalities through contributions from 28 innovators and master clinicians for the benefit of patients and providers alike. It concisely organizes the wealth of knowledge into one comprehensive information platform.This book is an essential reference for all deglutologists, clinicians, and researchers in their areas of expertise.
- Manual of head and neck imaging 2014, SpringerThis book is designed as an easily readable manual that will be of great practical value for radiology and otolaryngology residents during their clinical rotations. Key facts on head and neck imaging are presented in short chapters written in an easily readable style. Line drawings are used to illustrate key concepts, and tables, checklists, and algorithms will enable the readers to arrive at a quick diagnosis. In addition, emphasis is placed on clinical pearls that will assist them in preparing suitable reports. The Manual of Head and Neck Imaging is sized to allow residents to read it completely within a matter of days, and it will also serve as an ideal quick reference guide as different clinical situations arise.
- Mastering revision rhinoplasty 2006, Springer
- Mastering rhinoplasty. 2nd ed. 2010, SpringerSimplifying Rhinoplasty -- A Basic Rhinoplasty Operation -- Radix and Dorsum -- TechniqTueips -- Nasal Base -- Functional Factors -- Grafts -- Primary Rhinoplasty: Decision Making -- Advanced Primary Rhinoplasty -- Secondary Rhinoplasty: Surgical Techniques -- Secondary Rhinoplasty: Decision Making -- Aesthetic Reconstructive Rhinoplasty.
- McMinn's Color atlas of head and neck anatomy. 4th ed. 2010, ClinicalKeySkull and skull bone articulations -- Sect: Skull -- Bones of the skull -- Skull bone articulations -- Fetal skull -- Cervical vertebrae and neck -- Sect: Cervical vertebrae -- Other bones -- Neck -- Face, orbit and eye -- Sect: Face -- Orbit and eye -- Nose, oral region, ear and larynx -- Sect: Nose and paranasal sinuses -- Mouth, palate and pharynx -- Ear -- Larynx -- Cranial cavity and brain -- Sect: Cranial cavity -- Brain -- Radiographs -- Sect: Radiographs.
- Medical genetics in the clinical practice of ORL 2011, KargerGenetic basis of conditions commonly seen in ORL practice /Friedmann D.R., Lalwani A.K --Basic medical genetics for the otolaryngologist /Alford, R.L., Darilek, S.A --Ordering genetic tests and interpreting the results /Deignan, J.L., Grody, W.W. --Referring patients for a medical genetics consultation and genetic counseling /Sutton, V.R. --Towards an etiologic diagnosis: assessing the patient with hearing loss /Lin, J., Oghalai, J.S. --Nonsyndromic hereditary hearing loss /Alford, R.L. --Hereditary hearing loss with thyroid abnormalities /Choi, B.Y. ... [et al.] --Pigmentary anomalies and hearing loss /Toriello, H.V. --Usher syndrome: hearing loss with vision loss /Friedman, T.B. ... [et al.] --Genetic disorders with both hearing loss and cardiovascular abnormalities /Belmont, J.W. ... [et al.] --Hearing loss disorders associated with renal disease /Kimberling, W.J., Borso, N., Smith, R.J. --Multiple endocrine neoplasia: types 1 and 2 /Marsh, D.J., Gimm, O. --Neurofibromatosis type 2 /Evans, D.G.R., Lloyd, S.K.W., Ramsden, R.T. --Hereditary paragangliomas /Raygada, M., Pasini, B., Stratakis, C.A. --Genetic causes of nonsyndromic cleft lip with or without cleft palate /Yuan, Q., Blanton, S.H., Hecht, J.T --Chronic rhinosinusitis /Wang, X., Cutting, G.R. --Otosclerosis /Ealy, M., Smith, R.J.H --Genetics of vestibulopathies /Jen, J.C. --Genetics of otitis media /Post, J.C. --Gene therapy for head and neck cancer /Abuzeid, W.M., Li, D., O'Malley Jr., B.W.
- Microtia and atresia 2014, Karger"Remarkable progress in the development of new concepts and techniques used in reconstructive surgery of microtia/atresia of the external auditory canal (EAC) has been made since the beginning of the 21st century. Helical computed tomography has made a three-dimensional reconstruction of the soft tissue of the temporal bone surface and the cranium possible, and has laid the groundwork for a collaboration between plastic surgeons and otologists. This book presents the latest findings on reconstructive surgery performed jointly by plastic surgeons and otologists. Based on this concept, information on diagnosis, surgical procedures, outcomes, long-term results and psychology is discussed. Collaborative surgery offers advantages not only in terms of a better reconstruction of morphology and function, but also in terms of the lower number of surgical procedures required which reduces the psychological pressure and economic burden on patients."--Publisher's website.
- Middle ear 2013, SpringerThe middle ear plays a vital role in the sense and sensitivity of hearing. Of the various characteristics that distinguish mammals from other vertebrates, several pertain specifically to the middle-ear system, such as the presence of three middle-ear bones and the four-layer composite structure of the tympanic membrane. The Middle Ear attempts to elucidate the role this system plays in sound transmission, as viewed from both scientific and clinical perspectives.
- Middle ear surgery 2006, Springer
- Modern management of acoustic neuroma 2008, Karger
- Modified inferior turbinoplasty 2012, SpringerHumans can resist 40 days without eating and 4 days without drinking, but only 4 minutes without breathing: this tells us much about its fundamental importance. Breathed air is slowed down, filtered, warmed and humidified by the nose; many mechanisms are involved in this act, which prevent bronchial tubes and pulmonary alveolus from receiving an excessive and sudden air load. It is well known, on the other hand, that breathing through the mouth causes a lot of problems: inflammatory diseases of the upper airways, sleep apnea syndrome, but also, in some cases, bronchial, pulmonary and even cardiac disorders, that are more easily affecting patients not able to breathe correctly through the nose. For this reason, restoring an efficient nasal function is a very important - and in some cases crucial - issue. This book describes in details an innovative surgical technique called modified inferior turbinoplasty, which offers an excellent solution to the problems associated with the lower turbinate hypertrophy. A turbinate (or nasal concha) is a long, narrow, curled bone shelf that protrudes into the breathing passage of the nose. Most surgical interventions treat only the soft parts of hypertrophic turbinates using laser therapy, radiofrequency treatment, and electrocoagulation, but these procedures often lead to relapse. With this technique, in contrast, all anatomic parts of the turbinate are treated, including bone tissue: the surgeon reduces the inferior nasal concha and the internal nasal tissue, and the mucosa is then remodeled with sutures. The modified inferior turbinoplasty allows the complete avoidance of swabs in the nose, which is fundamental for patients well-being and grant them a quicker recovery. The book will be very useful for othorinolaryngologists, plastic surgeons, endoscopic and maxillofacial surgeons.
- Morphological aspects of inner ear disease 2014, SpringerThis book approaches inner ear diseases from a perspective that is as multifaceted as the diseases themselves. Common among these disorders are sudden deafness, Mnires disease, and perilymphatic fistula. With an awareness of the generally insufficient understanding of the causes and etiologies of these and other inner ear diseases, the author helps to fill those gaps in knowledge. Several factors have impeded a clearer understanding of inner ear diseases, chiefly the small size of the organ and its location in the hard temporal bone and, consequently, the inadequate resolution of CT and MRI images for pathophysiological analysis. This book provides morphological information about the inner ear, elucidating its fluids and blood vessels to help familiarize the reader with the complicated inner ear structures. Important information about how the inner ear responds to various stimuli is also given for a better understanding of the characteristics of the organ. Included are chapters describing specific diseases and animal models of the diseases. Examples and illustrations are presented for surgical applications. For instance, patients with intractable vertigo of inner-ear origin require surgical treatment and the application of a laser to the vestibular labyrinth, described in detail. With its generous use of color photographs, this book is an excellent reference text for all doctors and trainees in the field of otolaryngology.
- Nasal physiology and pathophysiology of nasal disorders 2013, SpringerNasal physiology and pathophysiology is a relatively neglected area, yet without a deep knowledge of the physiology it is impossible to understand the impact of structural changes and the process of disease development or to make sound treatment decisions. With the help of numerous tables, schematic drawings, and color photographs, this book will enable the reader to understand the nasal physiology and pathophysiology in detail. All four functions of the nose -- respiration, defense, olfaction, and cosmesis -- are covered. Each chapter addresses one important aspect in an accessible way, and each is written by an acknowledged expert on the topic under consideration. The various techniques of clinical evaluation of nasal function are fully discussed, and current trends and future directions in nasal physiologic research are also explored. This book will be of value to both practicing otorhinolaryngologists and novices in the field.
- Nasal polyposis 2010, Springer
- Nasopharyngeal carcinoma 2013, SpringerDiagnosis and clinical evaluation of nasopharyngeal carcinoma / Alan Soo-Beng Khoo and Kin-Choo Pua -- Histopathological diagnosis of nasopharyngeal carcinoma : looking beyond the blue book / John Nicholls and Gerald Niedobitek -- Descriptive, environmental and genetic epidemiology of nasopharyngeal carcinoma/ -- Bing-jian feng -- Epstein-Barr virus and the pathogenesis of nasopharyngeal carcinomas / Claire Gourzones, Pierre Busson and Nancy Raab-Traub -- Acquired genetic and epigenetic alterations in nasopharyngeal carcinoma / Kwok-Wai Lo, Grace Tin-Yun Chung and Ka-Fai To -- Cellular interactions in nasopharyngeal carcinomas / Claire Gourzones ... [et al.] -- Biological tools for NPC population screening and disease monitoring / Claire Gourzones ... [et al.] -- Medical imaging of nasopharyngeal carcinomas : current tools and applications / François Bidault -- Radiotherapy of NPC : current strategies and perspectives / John Kim -- The evolving role of systemic therapy in nasopharyngeal carcinoma : current strategies and perspectives / Edwin P. Hui and Anthony T.C. Chan -- Nasopharyngeal carcinoma immunotherapy current strategies and perspectives / Corey Smith and Rajiv Khanna -- Therapeutic induction of apoptosis in nasopharyngeal carcinoma / Carlo Bastianutto ... [et al.].
- Neurobiology of olfaction 2010, CRCnetBASEFrom odors to behaviors in Caenorhabditis elegans / Anne C. Hart and Michael Y. Chao -- Odor coding in insects / C. Giovanni Galizia and Silke Sachse -- Olfactory information processing in moths / S. Shuichi Haupt ... [et al.] -- Olfactory coding in larvae of the African clawed frog Xenopus laevis / Ivan Manzini and Detlev Schild -- Development of the olfactory system / Helen B. Treloar ... [et al.] -- Pheromones and mammalian behavior / Peter Brennan -- Odorant receptors / Bettina Malnic, Daniela C. Gonzalez-Kristeller, and Luciana M. Gutiyama -- Signal transduction in vertebrate olfactory cilia / Simone Pifferi, Anna Menini, and Takashi Kurahashi -- Multiple olfactory subsystems convey various sensory signals / Minghong Ma -- Feedback regulation of neurogenesis in the mammalian olfactory epithelium : new insights from genetics and systems biology / Kimberly K. Gokoffski ... [et al.] -- Neurogenesis in the adult olfactory bulb / Angela Pignatelli and Ottorino Belluzzi -- Active sensing in olfaction / Matt Wachowiak -- Temporal coding in olfaction / Brice Bathellier, Olivier Gschwend, and Alan Carleton -- Cortical activity evoked by odors / Donald A. Wilson and Robert L. Rennaker -- Memory and plasticity in the olfactory system : from infancy to adulthood / Anne-Marie Mouly and Regina Sullivan -- New perspectives on olfactory processing and human smell / Gordon Shepherd.
- Neuroendoscopy 2014, SpringerDuring the past decade, neuroendoscopy has undergone a variety of technological improvements, and both indications and techniques have been significantly refined. As a result, neuroendoscopy is now used in the treatment of many more patients, enabling the performance of previously unavailable operations with low complication rates and rapid patient recovery. This book presents the distilled experience of world experts in this evolving field. Current applications are explained in detail and likely future developments are identified. Among the topics discussed are the neuroendoscopic management of hydrocephalus, a wide variety of tumors, colloid and suprasellar arachnoid cysts, Chiari malformation, and craniosynostosis; the use of neuroendoscopic techniques in improving altered CSF physiology; and the status of neuroendoscopically assisted neurosurgery. In addition, the available neuroendoscopic instruments are reviewed and the results of international trials and collaborative studies, presented. This book will fully acquaint the reader with the breadth and depth of available neuroendoscopy techniques and their impressive therapeutic potential. It should serve as the reference book on neuroendoscopy for the next 10 years.
- Occupational hearing loss. 3rd ed. 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Operative otolaryngology. 2nd ed. 2008, ClinicalKey
- Otolaryngology-- head & neck surgery. 4th ed. v. 1-4, 2005.Print Material
- Otolith function and disorders 2001, Karger
- Otosclerosis and stapes surgery 2007, Karger
- Pathology of the head and neck 2006, Springer
- Pediatric airway surgery 2011, Springer
- Pediatric airway surgery 2012, KargerFor the first time the editors of this volume have brought together text, illustrations and high-definition videos to create an expert video atlas in the field of pediatric airway surgery. The publication which includes the book and free online access to the videos provides a detailed review of the pros and cons and clinical pearls involved in various modes of pediatric airway surgery. Discussed are all the main open airway surgeries including laryngotracheal reconstruction, cricotracheal resection, tracheal resection and re-anastomosis, and slide tracheoplasty. Further covered is a range of endoscopic procedures such as endoscopic repair of laryngeal clefts and endoscopic treatment of vocal fold immobility.The high-definition videos with audio overlay and the text complement provide an excellent detailed instruction manual for surgeons willing to carry out these operations. This publication is designed for all levels, from medical student through residency and fellowship as well as the pediatric otolaryngologist or pediatric surgeon preparing for pediatric airway surgery.
- Pediatric ENT 2007, Springer
- Pediatric head and neck tumors 2014, SpringerThe pediatric head and neck cancer patient necessitates a multidisciplinary team of specialists to provide an optimal continuum of care. This A-Z guide provides practical, in-depth information for all medical professionals involved in the evaluation and treatment of these patients. Written in an easy to follow format, each entry contains illustrative figures to aid in pathological and radiographical diagnosis, as well as structured discussion of evaluation and multimodality management. The alphabetical layout eliminates redundancy and allows the busy physician to quickly locate relevant information. Pediatric Head and Neck Tumors is ideal for young physicians as well as attending physicians seeking to expand their knowledgebase to the various subspecialties involved in the multidisciplinary care of their patients.
- Pediatric otolaryngology for the clinician 2009, SpringerAntibiotic therapy for acute otitis, rhinosinusitis, and pharyngotonsillitis -- Pediatric hearing assessment -- Speech, voice and, swallowing assessment -- Methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) infections of the head and neck in children -- Polysomnography in children -- Otology -- External otitis -- Diagnosis and management of otitis media -- Tympanostomy tubes and otorrhea -- Chronic disorders of the middle ear and mastoid (tympanic membrane perforations and cholesteatoma) -- Congenital hearing loss (sensorineural and conductive) -- Implantable hearing devices -- Rhinology -- Pediatric facial fractures -- Pediatric epistaxis -- Nasal obstruction in the neonate -- Pediatric allergic nose -- Acute and chronic rhinosinusitis -- Head and neck -- Congenital head and neck masses -- Pediatric stridor -- Inflammatory disorders of the pediatric airway -- Tracheostomy in children -- Cleft lip and palate -- Cough -- Hoarseness in children -- Adenotonsillar disease -- Sleep-disordered breathing (SDB) in children -- Pediatric vascular tumors -- Emergencies in pediatric otolaryngology -- Foreign body management -- Deep space neck infections in the pediatric population -- Complications of acute otitis media -- Complications of sinusitis.
- Pediatric otolaryngology. 1st ed. 2007, ClinicalKeyPediatric Otolaryngology: a Volume in Requisites in Pediatrics is a core book for anyone who wishes to learn how to diagnose and refer and how to manage for the long term in pediatric ENT. This book covers the critical topics of otitis media, chronic sinusitis, foreign bodies, and sleep-disordered breathing. An essential part of the pediatric training program, this volume will be a handy reference for your practice also. Find information quickly and easily with consistently formatted chapters. Make effective treatment and referral decisions by reviewing comprehensive patient management strategies. Get the information you need to pass the boards at a glance with major points highlighted for easy review. Get expert advice from key individuals in the field.
- Peripheral, head and neck surgery 2014, SpringerDiagnostic Biopsy Procedures -- Cutaneous Surgery -- Hand Surgery -- Foot Surgery -- Hernia Surgery -- Head and Neck Surgery.
- Personalized management of head & neck cancer 2013, Future MedCurrent therapies for HNC : why is immunotherapy not yet in the forefront? / Theresa L. Whiteside -- Etiology and risk factors / Ana Neumann, Lei Jin & Qingyi Wei -- Molecular diagnostics of head and neck cancer / Diana Bell & Adel K. El-Naggar -- Classification and prevalence / Luiz Paulo Kowalski -- Surgery and radiotherapy : patient selection and clinical outcomes / Jonas T. Johnson -- Chemotherapy and molecularly targeted therapies for previously untreated SCCHN / Scott A. Kono, Nabil F. Saba & Dong M. Shin -- Chemotherapy and molecularly targeted therapies for recurrent head and neck cancer / Thomas K. Hoffmann & Patrick J. Schuler -- Prognostic biomarkers in squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck / Vasu Divi & Carol Bradford -- Consensus guidelines / Carol M. Lewis & Randal S. Weber -- Index.
- Pocket atlas of tongue diagnosis. 2nd ed. 2011, Thieme BookIn this fully up-to-date Second Edition, experts in Chinese medicine explain how traditional Chinese tongue diagnosis can be used in daily practice to complement conventional Western methods. The guide begins with a brief introduction to the history, anatomy, physiology, and methodology of tongue diagnosis followed by basic techniques and systematic procedures for identifying the manifold individual characteristics of the tongue's shape and its many modifications. Full-color photographs of tongues then demonstrate a variety of clinical scenarios to help readers develop a holistic approach to diagnosis.
- This is the second edition of a superbly illustrated manual on neck dissection that will serve as a roadmap for advanced surgeons and beginners alike. The reader is guided through the various cervical structures in a series of chapters depicting the methods employed by surgeons operating in vivo. The illustrations provide an overview of all surgical anatomy relevant to the treatment of oncologic patients. Compared with the first edition, revisions have been made when appropriate and an important new chapter has been added on microscopic anatomy and laryngeal cancer.
- Principles of deglutition 2013, SpringerPrinciples of Deglutition is the first in class comprehensive multidisciplinary textbook to encompass the entire field of normal and disordered deglutition. It is designed as the definitive text for all those who desire to further their knowledge of the dynamic and expanding field of deglutology. The text is created to serve as a treasured reference for clinicians, educators and trainees from such diverse backgrounds as gastroenterology, speech language pathology, otolaryngology, rehabilitation medicine, radiology and others.Principles of Deglutition brings together the state-of-knowledge from 12 disciplines involved in dysphagia through contributions of over one hundred thought leaders and master clinicians for the benefit of patients and providers alike. It concisely organizes the wealth of knowledge that exists in each of the contributing disciplines into one comprehensive information platform. Principles of Deglutition provides a one-stop destination for members of all specialties to obtain state-of-the-art and critically reviewed information regarding deglutition physiology, pathophysiology, diagnosis and management. It delivers a comprehensive and in depth review of deglutition related cerebral cortical, brainstem, peripheral nerves, and neuromuscular mechanisms, advanced diagnostic modalities and standard of care and cutting edge medical, rehabilitative and surgical treatments. It is an essential reference for all deglutologists.
- Principles of nasal reconstruction. 2nd ed. 2011, Springer
- Rational pharmacotherapy of the inner ear 2002, KargerMachine generated contents note: 1 Anatomical Differences in the Peripheral Auditory System of Mammals and Man -- Felix, H. (Zfirich) -- 11 Neurotransmission in the Human Labyrinth -- Schrott-Fischer, A.; Kammen-Jolly, K.; Scholtz, A.W. (Innsbruck); -- Kong, W.-J. (Hua-Zhong); Eybalin, M. (Montpellier) -- 18 Different Action of Memantine and Caroverine on Glutamatergic Transmission in the Mammalian Cochlea -- Oestreicher, E. (Munich/Berne); Ehrenberger, K. (Vienna); Felix, D. (Berne) -- 26 Role of Substance P in the PeripheralVestibular and Auditory System -- Felix, H. (Zirich); Oestreicher, E. (Munich/Berne); Felix, D. (Berne); -- Ehrenberger, K. (Vienna) -- Hair Cells - Ion Channels -- 35 Calcium Channels in Mouse Hair Cells: Function, Properties and Pharmacology -- Engel, J.; Michna, M. (Tiibingen); Platzer, J.; Striessnig, J. (Innsbruck) -- 42 Adrenergic and Muscarinic Control of Cochlear Endolymph Production -- Wangemann, P. (Manhattan) -- 51 Cochlear Blood Flow Regulation -- Wangemann, P. (Manhattan) -- 58 ETA Receptors in the Gerbil Spiral Modiolar Artery -- Scherer, E.Q.; Wangemann, P. (Manhattan) -- Immunology - Cell Cycle -- 66 Immunological Damage to the Inner Ear: Current and Future Therapeutic Strategies -- Ryan, A.F. (San Diego/La Jolla); Pak, K.; Low, W; Battaglia, A.; Mullen, L.; -- Harris, J.P.; Keithley, E.M. (San Diego) -- 75 Pharmacological Influence on Inner Ear Endothelial Cells in Relation to the Pathogenesis of Sensorineural Hearing Loss -- Gloddek, B.; Lamm, K.; Arnold, W. (Munich) -- 84 Mpv17 Mouse Strain -A Model for the Relationship between the Kidney and the Inner Ear -- Meyer zum Gottesberge, A.M.; Balz, V. (Diisseldorf); Felix, H. (Zurich) -- Ototoxicity, Noise and Aging -- 91 Sensitivity to Glutamate Neurotoxicity in Different Developmental Periods of the Rat Cochlea -- Carricondo, F; Bartolome, M.V; Vicente-Torres, M.A.; Fernmndez-Pacheco, P.; -- Rodriguez, T.; Gil-Loyzaga, P. (Madrid) -- 96 Protective Mechanisms of Sound Conditioning -- Niu, X.; Canlon, B. (Stockholm) -- 106 Effects of Aging on C57BL/6J Mice: An Electrophysiological and Morphological Study -- Bartolom6, M.V; del Castillo, E.; L6pez, L.M.; Carricondo, F.; Poch-Broto, J.; -- Gil-Loyzaga, P. (Madrid) -- 112 Effects of Aging on Cochlear MonoamineTurnover -- Vicente-Torres, M.A.; Davila, D.; Mufioz, E.; Gil-Loyzaga, P. (Madrid) -- 116 Degeneration Pattern of Human First-Order Cochlear Neurons -- Felix, H.; Pollak, A. (Zfirich); Gleeson, M. (London); Johnsson, L.-G. (Helsinki) -- 124 The Inner Hair Cell Afferent/Efferent Synapses Revisited: A Basis for New Therapeutic Strategies -- Puel, J.-L.; Ruel, J.; Guitton, M.; Pujol, R. (Montpellier) -- 131 Neurotransmission of the Cochlear Inner Hair Cell Synapse - Implications for Inner Ear Therapy -- Oestreicher, E. (Munich/Berne); Arnold, W. (Munich); Felix, D. (Berne) -- 140 Simulation of Methods for Drug Delivery to the Cochlear Fluids -- Salt, A.N. (St. Louis) -- 149 Transtympanic Endoscopy for Drug Delivery to the Inner Ear Using a New Microendoscope -- Plontke, S.K.-R. (Tuibingen); Plinkert, PK.; Plinkert, B. (Tiibingen/Homburg, Saar); -- Koitschev, A.; Zenner, H.-P.; L6wenheim, H. (Tiibingen) -- 156 Clinical Experience with Caroverine in Inner Ear Diseases -- Ehrenberger, K. (Vienna).
- Rhinologic and sleep apnea surgical techniques 2007, Springer
- Rhinology and facial plastic surgery 2009, Springer
- Rhinosinusitis 2008, Springer
- Scott-Brown's Otolaryngology, head and neck surgery. 7th ed. 2008, CRCnetBASEVolume 1: Cell biology -- Wound healing -- Immunology -- Microbiology -- Haematology -- Endocrinology -- Pharmacotherapeutics -- Perioperative management -- Safe and effective practice -- Interpreation and management of data -- Recent advances in technology -- Paediatric otorhinolaryngology -- Volume 2: The Nose and paranasal sinuses -- The neck -- The upper digestive tract -- The upper airway -- Head and neck tumours -- Volume 3: Plastic surgery of the head and neck -- The ear, hearing and balance -- Skull base.
- Sobotta atlas of human anatomy. Volume 3, Head, neck and neuroanatomy. Fifteenth edition [15th ed.] 2013, ClinicalKeySobotta - Atlas of Human Anatomy: the exam atlas for understanding, learning, and training anatomy The English-language Sobotta Atlas with English nomenclature is specifically adapted to the needs of preclinical medical students. Right from the start, the book and the Internet content concentrate on exam-relevant knowledge. The new study concept simplifies learning-understanding-training: Descriptive legends help the student identify the most important features in the figures. Clinical examples present anatomical details in a wider context. All illustrations have been optimized, and the lettering reduced to a minimum. Volume 3 "Head, Neck and Neuroanatomy" includes the following topics: HeadEyeEarNeckBrain and Spinal Cord.
- Sound source localization 2005, SpringerIntroduction to sound source localization /Richard R. Fay and Arthur N. Popper --Directional hearing in insects /Daniel Robert --Sound source localization by fishes /Richard R. Fay --Directional hearing in nonmammalian tetrapods /Jakob Christensen-Dalsgaard --Comparative mammalian sound localization /Charles H. Brown and Bradford J. May --Development of the auditory centers responsible for sound localization /M. Fabiana Kubke and Catherine E. Carr --Interaural correlation as the basis of a working model of binaural processing: an introduction /Constantine Trahiotis, Leslie R. Bernstein, Richard M. Stern, and Thomas N. Buell --Models of sound localization /H. Steven Colburn and Abhijit Kulkarni.
- Springer handbook of auditory research v. 1-, 1992-, Springer
- Streptococcal pharyngitis 2004, Karger
- Surgery of larynx and trachea 2010, Springer
- Surgery of the thyroid and parathyroid glands. Second edition. [2nd ed.] 2013, ClinicalKeyComprehensive surgical textbook on the diagnosis and management of benign and malignant disease of the thyroid and parathyroid glands.
- Surgical anatomy of the internal carotid artery 2013, SpringerThis atlas provides all the basic and advanced information required by surgeons in order to understand fully the skull base anatomy. It is organized according to anatomo-surgical pathways to the hidden areas of the skull base. These pathways are described in step-by-step fashion with the aid of a wealth of color images and illustrations. The emphasis is on endoscopic anatomy, but in order to provide a holistic perspective, informative three-dimensional reconstructions are presented alongside the endoscopic images and radiologic images are included when appropriate. In effect, windows are opened
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
Bookmark on other websites
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases