Books by Subject
- Active middle ear implants 2010, KargerThe vibrant soundbridge : design and development / Ball, G.R. -- Cost-effectiveness of implantable middle ear hearing devices / Snik, A. ... [et al.] -- Indications and candidacy for active middle ear implants / Wagner, F. ... [et al.] -- Clinical results with an active middle ear implant in the oval window / Hüttenbrink, K.B., Beutner, D., Zahnert, T. -- Experiments on the coupling of an active middle ear implant to the stapes footplate / Zahnert, T., Bornitz, M., Hüttenbrink, K.B. -- The vibrant soundbridge for conductive and mixed hearing losses : European multicenter study results / Baumgartner, W.-D. ... [et al.] -- Clinical experience with the active middle ear implant vibrant soundbridge in sensorineural hearing loss / Pok, S.M., Schlögel, M., Böheim, K. -- The esteem system : a totally implantable hearing device / Maurer, J., Savvas, E. -- Totally implantable active middle ear implants : ten years' experience at the University of Tübingen / Zenner, H.P., Rodriguez Jorge, J.
- Advanced cosmetic otoplasty 2013, SpringerIn this book, international experts present up-to-date techniques of otoplasty in which they have extensive personal experience. Both new and modified procedures are described with the aid of a wealth of high-quality illustrations. In addition to these detailed descriptions, ear embryology and anatomy, psychological issues, postoperative care, possible risks and complications, and outcomes are extensively covered in order to provide the reader with a state of the art account of all aspects of cosmetic otoplasty.
- Aesthetics and functionality in ear reconstruction 2010, KargerHistory of auricular reconstruction / Weerda, H. -- State-of-the-art autogenous ear reconstruction in cases of microtia / Firmin, F. -- Ear reconstruction with porous polyethylene implants / Berghaus, A. ... [et al.] -- Auricular prostheses / Federspil, P.A. -- Combined aesthetic and functional reconstruction of ear malformations / Kiefer, J., Staudenmaier, R. -- Combined reconstruction of congenital auricular atresia and severe microtia / Siegert, R. -- Ear reconstruction through tissue engineering / Haisch, A. -- Customized tissue engineering for ear reconstruction / Staudenmaier, R. ... [et al.].
- Aging auditory system 2010, Springer
- Anesthesiology and otolaryngology 2013, SpringerWorking Side by Side: The Important Relationship Between Anesthesiologists and Otolaryngologists /Adam I. Levine, Samuel DeMaria Jr., Satish Govindaraj --Gross and Radiographic Anatomy /Puneet Pawha, Nancy Jiang, Katya Shpilberg --Basic Pharmacology of Anesthetic Agents /Wagdy Sidrak, Adam I. Levine, Samuel DeMaria Jr. --Basic Physiology /Ira Hofer, Samuel DeMaria Jr., Adam I. Levine --Physiologic Monitoring /Jaime B. Hyman, David L. Reich --Oxygen Delivery Systems and the Anesthesia Workstation /James B. Eisenkraft, Robert Williams --Preoperative Assessment and Optimization /Jaime B. Hyman, Andrew B. Leibowitz --Airway Management, Emergencies and the Difficult Airway /Irene P. Osborn, Andrew J. Kleinberger --Adult Sleep Apnea and Related Procedures /Menachem M. Weiner, Fred Y. Lin --Phonomicrosurgery and Office-Based Laryngology /Allan P. Reed, Peak Woo --Otologic Surgery /Cheryl K. Gooden --Facial Plastic Surgery /Adam I. Levine, Samuel DeMaria Jr., Eunice Park --Functional Nasal and Sinus Surgery /Alan J. Sim, Adam I. Levine, Satish Govindaraj --Thyroid, Parathyroid, and Parotid Surgery /Steven Porter, Andrew Schwartz --Head and Neck Cancer Surgery I: Resection /Adam I. Levine, Samuel DeMaria Jr. --Head and Neck Cancer Surgery II: Reconstruction /Adam I. Levine, Samuel DeMaria Jr., Brett A. Miles --Neurosurgical Otolaryngology I: Neurotology/Posterior Fossa Surgery /Jess W. Brallier, Eric E. Smouha --Neurosurgical Otolarynology II: Endoscopic Skull Base and Pituitary Surgery /Stacie G. Deiner, Kalmon D. Post, Satish Govindaraj --Tracheotomy /Sharmin Haque, Adam I. Levine, Chan W. Park --Pediatric Otolaryngology /Jonathan S. Gal, Francine S. Yudkowitz --Office-Based Otolaryngology /Laurence M. Hausman --Acute and Chronic Pain Management /Yury Khelemsky --Postoperative Care /Jody Jones, Brigid Flynn --Medico-Legal Considerations and Patient Safety /Elizabeth A. M. Frost.
- Atlas of the sensory organs 2005, Springer
- Atlas of transnasal esophagoscopy 2007, OvidIndications for transnasal esophagoscopy -- Technique and endoscopic anatomy of nasal cavity and hypopharynx -- Normal transnasal esophagoscopy -- Esophagitis -- Webs and rings -- Hiatal hernia -- Barrett's metaplasia -- Neoplasia -- Miscellaneous esophageal disorders -- Procedures.
- Auditory trauma, protection, and repair 2008, Springer
- Basic science/general medicine -- Rhinology and allergy -- General otolaryngology -- Laryngology -- Trauma -- Pediatric otolaryngology -- Head and neck surgery -- Sleep medicine -- Otology -- Facial plastic and reconstructive surgery -- Contemporary issues in medical practice.
- Basic otorhinolaryngology 2006, Thieme BookAnatomy, physiology, and immunology of the nose, paranasal sinuses, and face / Gerhard Grevers -- Diagnostic evaluation of the nose and paranasal sinuses / Gerhard Grevers -- Diseases of the nose, paranasal sinuses, and face / Gerhard Grevers -- Lips and oral cavity / Gerhard Grevers -- Pharynx and esophagus / Gerhard Grevers -- The salivary glands / Rudolf Probst -- Anatomy and physiology of the ear / Rudolf Probst -- Audiology (hearing tests) / Rudolf Probst -- Pediatric hearing disorders, pediatric audiology / Rudolf Probst -- External ear / Rudolf Probst -- Middle ear / Rudolf probst -- Inner ear and retrocochlear disorders / Rudolf Probst -- Vestibular disorders / Rudolf Probst -- Facial nerve / Rudolf Probst -- Lateral skull base / Rudolf Probst -- External neck / Heinrich Iro, with Frank Waldfahrer -- Larynx and trachea / Heinrich Iro, with Frank Waldfahrer -- Voice disorders / Frank Rosanowski, Ulrich Eysholdt -- Speech and language disorders / Frank Rosanowski, Ulrich Eysholdt.
- Central auditory pathway disorders 2009, Springer
- Cochlear and brainstem implants 2006, KargerHistory of cochlear implants and auditory brainstem implants / Moller A.R. -- Surgical aspects of cochlear implantation: mechanisms of insertional trauma / Roland P.S., Wright C.G. -- Histopathology of the inner ear relevant to cochlear implantation / Nadol J.B. Jr., Eddington D.K. -- Factors influencing spoken language outcomes in children following early cochlear implantation / Geers A.E. -- Central auditory development in children with cochlear implants: clinical implications / Sharma A., Dorman M.F. -- Brain plasticity under cochlear implant stimulation / Kral A., Tillein J. -- Speech processing in vocoder-centric cochlear implants / Loizou P.C. -- Auditory brainstem implants: surgical aspects / Fayad J.N., Otto S.R., Brackmann D.E. -- A guide to the positioning of brainstem implants using inraoperative electrical auditory brainstem responses / Nevison B. -- Auditory outcomes in tumor vs. nontumor patients fitted with auditory brainstem implant / Colletti V. -- Basis of electrical stimulation of the cochlea and the cochlear nucleus / Shepherd R.K., McCreery D.B. -- Physiological basis for cochlear and auditory brainstem implants / Moller A.R.
- Cochlear implants and hearing preservation 2010, KargerElectric acoustic stimulation : a new era in prosthetic hearing rehabilitation / van de Heyning, P., Kleine Punte, A. -- Hearing preservation in cochlear implantation and drug treatment / Barriat, S. ... [et al.] -- Ganglion cell and dendrite populations in electric acoustic stimulation ears / Rask-Andersen, H., Liu, W., Linthicum, F. -- Electrode features for hearing preservation and drug delivery strategies / Jolly, C. .. [et al.] -- Detection of dead regions in the cochlea : relevance for combined electric and acoustic stimulation / Moore, B.C.J., Glasberg, B., Schlueter, A. -- Psychophysical properties of low-frequency hearing : implications for perceiving speech and music via electric and acoustic stimulation / Gifford, R.H., Dorman, M.F., Brown, C.A. -- Neuronal responses in cat inferior colliculus to combined acoustic and electric stimulation / Vollmer, M., Hartmann, R., Tillein, J. -- Music perception in electric acoustic stimulation users as assessed by the MU. S.I.C. test / Brockmeier, S.J. ... [et al.] -- Acceptance and fitting of the DUET device : a combined speech processor for electric acoustic stimulation / Helbig, S., Baumann, U. -- From electric acoustic stimulation to improved sound coding in cochlear implants / Nopp, P., Polak, M. -- Minimizing intracochlear trauma during cochlear implantation / Adunka, O.F., Pillsbury, H.C., Buchman, C.A. -- Hearing preservation surgery : current opinions / Fitzgerald O'Connor, E., Fitzgerald O'Connor, A. -- Electric acoustic stimulation in patients with postlingual severe high-frequency hearing loss : clinical experience / Arnoldner, C. ... [et al.] -- The hybrid cochlear implant : a review / Woodson, E.A. ... [et al.] -- Electric acoustic stimulation in children / Skarzynski, H., Lorens, A. -- Bilateral electric acoustic stimulation : a comparison of partial and deep cochlear electrode insertion : a longitudinal case study / Kleine Punte, A., Vermeire, K., van de Heyning, P.
- Color atlas of ENT diagnosis. 5th ed. 2010, Thieme Book
- Comprehensive and clinical anatomy of the middle ear 2013, SpringerThe temporal bone -- Middle ear cavity -- Middle ear contents -- Middle ear compartments -- The mastoid -- Facial Nerve -- The eustachian tube.
- Skull base anatomy and CSF rhinorrhea / A. Lam, E. Holbrook -- Pathophysiology of iatrogenic and traumatic skull base injury / S.T. Gray, A.W. Wu -- Grafting materials in skull base reconstruction / K.K. Prickett, S.K. Wise -- Free graft techniques in skull base reconstruction / J.Y. Ting, R. Metson -- Nasoseptal flap / C.D. Pinheiro-Neto -- Sphenopalatine-derived pedicled flaps / J.D. Suh, A.G. Chiu -- Anteriorly based pedicled flaps for skull base reconstruction / J.C. Meier, B.S. Bleier -- Pedicled extranasal flaps in skull base reconstruction / G.G. Kim ... [et al.] -- Microvascular free flaps in skull base reconstruction / M.W. Herr, D.T. Lin -- Spontaneous cerebrospinal fluid leak and management of intracranial pressure / Z.M. Soler, R.J. Schlosser -- Endoscopic reconstruction of frontal, cribiform, and ethmoid skull base defects / R.J. Harvey -- Chin : planum, tubercular, sellar, and clival defects / C.C. Wei, J.N. Palmer -- Quality control approach to cerebrospinal fluid leaks / C.H. Snyderman, P.A. Gardner -- Postoperative care following skull base reconstruction / V.R. Ramakrishnan, A. Waziri -- Complications of skull base reconstruction / M. Chaaban, B.A. Woodworth -- Prevention and management of complications after treatment for skull base tumors : a multidisciplinary approach / J.W. Jang, A.W. Chan -- Novel techniques and the future of skull base reconstruction / J.C. Meier, B.S Bleier.
- Cummings Otolaryngology head & neck surgery. 5th ed. 2010, MD Consult
- Current diagnosis & treatment in otolaryngology. 3rd ed. 2012, AccessMedicineIncludes more than 400 clinical photographs and line drawings and a comprehensive radiology chapter with more than 150 images.--excerpted from p. 4 of cover.
- Current research in head and neck cancer 2005, KargerDevelopment of a conditional mouse model for head and neck squamous cell carcinoma / Bindels, E.M.J., van de Brekel, M.W.M. -- Hypofolatemia as a risk factor for head and neck cancer / Almadori, G. ... [et al.] -- Reduced DNA repair capacity in laryngeal cancer subjects: a comparison of phenotypic and genotypic results / Gajacka, M. ... [et al.] -- Intratumoral genomic heterogeneity in advanced head and neck cancer detected by comparative genomic hybridization / Götte, K. ... [et al.] -- Function and importance of p63 in normal oral mucosa and squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck / Thurfjell, N. ... [et al.] -- p53, p63 and p73 expression in squamous cell carcinomas of the head and neck and their response to cisplatin exposure / Balz, V. ... [et al.] --Expression of p16 protein is associated with human papillomavirus status in tonsillar carcinomas and has implications on survival / Wittekindt, C. ... [et al.] -- EGFR-antibody-supplemented TPF chemotherapy: preclinical investigations to a novel approach for head and neck cancer induction treatment / Knecht, R. ... [et al.] -- Nuclear factor kappa B as a common target and activator of oncogenes in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma / Chang, A.A., Van Waes, C. -- Antiangiogenic therapy of head and neck squamous cell carcinoma by vascular endothelial growth factor antisense therapy / Riedel, F. ... [et al.] -- Expression pattern of chemokine receptors 6 and 7 in squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck identifies a novel metastatic phenotype / Wang, J. ... [et al.] -- p53-based immunotherapy of cancer / De Leo, A.B. --p53 as an immunotherapeutic target in head and neck cancer: approaches to reversing unresponsiveness of T lymphocytes and preventing tumor escape / Hoffmann, T.K. ... [et al.] -- Imbalance in absolute counts of T lymphocyte subsets in patients with head and neck cancer and its relation to disease / Kuss, I. ... [et al.] -- Antitumor immunization of head and neck squamous cell carcinoma patients with a virus-modified autologous tumor cell vaccine / Herold-Mende, C. ... [et al.] -- Prognostic factors: confusion caused by bad quality of design, analysis and reporting of many studies / Sauerbrei, W.
- Deafness 2013, SpringerDeafness explores the neuronal consequences of being deaf on the peripheral and the central nervous system as well as on cognition and learning, viewed from the standpoint of genetics, neuroanatomy and neurophysiology, molecular biology, systems neuroscience, and cognitive neuroscience.
- Development of the inner ear 2005, Springer
- Diagnosis in otorhinolaryngology 2009, Springer
- Diseases of the inner ear 2010, SpringerTemporal Bone Tumors and Metastatic Disease -- Cholesteatoma and Its Complications -- Anomalies of the Inner Ear -- Sudden Sensorineural Hearing Loss -- Trauma to the Inner Ear -- Otosclerosis -- Presbycusis -- Ménière's Syndrome -- Benign Positional Vertigo -- Meningioma -- Vestibular Schwannoma -- Other Cranial Nerve Schwannomas and Paragangliomas -- Ototoxicity.
- Dynamics of the singing voice. 5th ed. 2009, Springer
- Ear reconstruction 2013, SpringerEar reconstruction is required in a variety of patients, including especially those with congenital anomalies and associated deformities. In this book, a renowned practitioner in ear reconstruction explains the approaches that he has personally developed over the past 40 years in order to improve surgical results and also presents important new concepts. The proposed techniques offer tailored solutions to specific problems and are applicable in settings including severe microtia, moderate microtia, anotia, traumatic amputation, and unsatisfactory prominent ear surgery. Complications during and after ear reconstruction are also discussed, with guidance on their treatment. Throughout the book, the aim of the author is to share the fruits of his extensive experience with fellow surgeons in an informative and practically oriented way. The clearly written text is complemented by numerous helpful color photographs.
- Ear surgery 2008, SpringerOtosclerosis Surgery Complications, p. 1-12 -- Tympanoplasty/Ossiculoplasty, p. 13-27 -- Surgery for Chronic Otitis Media, p. 29-31 -- Complications of Chronic Otitis Media, p. 33-42 -- Petrous Apex Lesions, p. 43-53 -- Cholesteatoma, p. 55-60 -- External Auditory Canal Lesions, p. 61-65 -- Spontaneous Cerebral Spinal Fluid Otorrhea, p. 67-75 -- Facial Nerve Surgery, p. 77-88 -- Surgery for Vertigo, p. 89-98 -- Tumor Surgery, p. 99-110 -- Cochlear Implant Surgery, p. 111-115 -- Differential Diagnosis of Unilateral Serous Otitis Media, p. 117-120.
- Encyclopedia of otolaryngology, head and neck surgery 2013, SpringerGeneral Otolaryngology -- Pediatric Otolaryngology -- Head and Neck Surgery -- Otology-Neurotology -- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
- Evidence-based otolaryngology 2008, Springer
- The primary nose and palate in evolution -- The primary nose and palate in human embryo development -- Parallels between evolution and development of the nose -- The seemingly simple formation of the secondary palate and nose in the human embryo -- The complex formation of the secondary palate and nose in evolution -- A theory of secondary palate formation -- Primary and secondary palates : primary and secondary nasal fossae -- Olfactory and respiratory nasal fossae -- Is the human ethmoid labyrinth a sinus? -- Understanding the anatomy of the human nose -- Formation of the paranasal air sinues -- The nose in midface development -- Reminder of the normal embryologic development of the human brain -- Phylogenetic origins of the visual and olfactory organs -- Lessons from midface malformations associated to holoprosencephaly -- The evo-devo scenario of nose and midface formation -- A help to teaching anatomy -- Medical hypothesis and perspectives -- Evolutionary and develomental (evo-devo) medicine.
- Fish bioacoustics 2008, SpringerIntroduction to fish bioacoustics / Richard R. Fay, Arthur N. Popper, and Jacqueline F. Webb -- Hearing and acoustic behavior: basic and applied considerations / Arthur N. Popper and Carl R. Schilt -- Structures and functions of the auditory nervous system of fishes / Richard R. Fay and Peggy L. Edds-Walton -- Evolution of peripheral mechanisms for the enhancement of sound reception / Christopher B. Braun and Terry Grande -- Bioacoustics and the lateral line system of fishes / Jacqueline F. Webb, John C. Montgomery, and Joachim Mogdans -- Orientation to auditory and lateral line stimuli / Olav Sand and Horst Bleckmann -- Multipole mechanisms for directional hearing in fish / Peter H. Rogers and David G. Zeddies -- Vocal-acoustic communication: from neurons to behavior / Andrew H. Bass and Friedrich Ladich -- Active and passive acoustics to locate and study fish / David A. Mann, Anthony D. Hawkins, and J. Michael Jech.
- Frontal sinus 2005, Springer
- Frozen section library. Head and neck 2011, Springer
- Gene therapy of cochlear deafness 2009, KargerGene therapy for the inner ear : challenges and promises / Ryan, A.F., Dazert, S. -- Therapeutic regulation of gene expression in the inner ear using RNA interference / Maeda, Y., Smith, R.J.H. -- Gene therapy of the inner ear using adenovirus vectors / Husseman, J., Raphael, Y. -- Repair of the vestibular system via adenovector delivery of Atoh1 : a potential treatment for balance disorders / Baker, K., Brough, D.E., Staecker, H. -- Gene therapy and stem cell transplantation : strategies for hearing restoration / Kesser, B.W., Lalwani, A.K. -- Adenoviral and AAV-mediated gene transfer to the inner ear : role of serotype, promoter, and viral load on in vivo and in vitro infection efficiencies / Luebke, A.E. ... [et al.].
- Genetic hearing impairment 2002, Karger
- Genetic hearing loss 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Hair cell regeneration, repair, and protection 2008, SpringerOverview: regeneration and repair / Richard J. Salvi -- Morphological correlates of regeneration and repair in the inner ear / Jason R. Meyers and Jeffrey T. Corwin -- Recovery of function in the avian auditory system after ototrauma / James C. Saunders and Richard J. Salvi -- Functional recovery after hair cell regeneration in birds / Robert J. Dooling, Micheal L. Dent, Amanda M. Lauer, and Brenda M. Ryals -- Hair cell regeneration : mechanisms guiding cellular proliferation and differentiation / Elizabeth C. Oesterle and Jennifer S. Stone -- Protection and repair of inner ear sensory cells / Andrew Forge and Thomas R. Van De Water -- Gene arrays, cell lines, stem cells, and sensory regeneration in mammalian ears / Marcelo N. Rivolta and Matthew C. Holley.
- Head & neck surgery--otolaryngology. 4th ed. 2006, Ovid
- Head and neck imaging 2008, Thieme BookSkull base / M. Cohnen, V. Engelbrecht -- Petrous bone / M. Cohnen -- Orbit / M. Cohnen, V. Engelbrecht -- Paranasal sinuses / M. Cohnen -- Pharynx / B. Fritz -- Larynx / K. Andersen -- Oral cavity / B. Fritz -- Salivary glands / K. Andersen -- Soft tissues of the neck / B. Fritz -- Lymph nodes / K. Andersen.
- Imaging in treatment planning for sinonasal diseases 2005, Springer
- Implantable bone conduction hearing aids 2011, KargerHistorical background of bone conduction hearing devices and bone conduction hearing aids / Mudry, A., Tjellström, A. -- Acoustic and physiologic aspects of bone conduction hearing / Stenfelt, S. -- An overview of different systems : the bone-anchored hearing aid / Dun, C.A.J. ... [et al.] -- The ponto bone-anchored hearing system / Westerkull, P. -- Partially implantable bone conduction hearing aids without a percutaneous abutment (otomag) : technique and preliminary clinical results -- Siegert, R. -- Surgery for the bone-anchored hearing aid / Arnold, A., Caversaccio, M.-D., Mudry, A. -- Paediatric baha / McDermott, A.-L., Sheehan, P. -- Complications of bone-anchored hearing devices / Wazen, J.J., Wycherly, B., Daugherty, J. -- Audiological results with Baha in conductive and mixed hearing loss / Pfiffner, F.; Caversaccio, M.-D.; Kompis, M. -- Conductive hearing loss and bone conduction devices : restored binaural hearing? / Agterberg, M.J.H. ... [et al.] -- Bone-anchored devices in single-sided deafness / Stewart, C.M.; Clark, J.H.; Niparko, J.K. -- Factors influencing the decision for baha in unilateral deafness : the Bern benefit in single-sided deafness questionnaire / Kompis, M. ... [et al.] -- Challenges and recent developments in sound processing for Baha / Flynn, M.C. -- Headbands, testbands and softbands in preoperative testing and application of bone-anchored devices in adults and children / Zarowski, A.J. ... [et al.] -- Bone-anchored hearing aids versus conventional hearing aids / Banga, R. ... [et al.] -- The future of bone conduction hearing devices / Håkansson, B.
- "In Diseases of the Ear, Nose and Throat Lecture Notes, 11th edition you will find everything on the topic that could crop up in a clinic or teaching session. This little gem of a book is clearly laid out with colour photographs and illustrations, is broken down into intuitive chapters and sections, and contains treatment boxes, all of which help those key concepts stick"--Provided by publisher.
- Mastering revision rhinoplasty 2006, Springer
- Mastering rhinoplasty. 2nd ed. 2010, SpringerSimplifying Rhinoplasty -- A Basic Rhinoplasty Operation -- Radix and Dorsum -- TechniqTueips -- Nasal Base -- Functional Factors -- Grafts -- Primary Rhinoplasty: Decision Making -- Advanced Primary Rhinoplasty -- Secondary Rhinoplasty: Surgical Techniques -- Secondary Rhinoplasty: Decision Making -- Aesthetic Reconstructive Rhinoplasty.
- Medical genetics in the clinical practice of ORL 2011, KargerGenetic basis of conditions commonly seen in ORL practice /Friedmann D.R., Lalwani A.K --Basic medical genetics for the otolaryngologist /Alford, R.L., Darilek, S.A --Ordering genetic tests and interpreting the results /Deignan, J.L., Grody, W.W. --Referring patients for a medical genetics consultation and genetic counseling /Sutton, V.R. --Towards an etiologic diagnosis: assessing the patient with hearing loss /Lin, J., Oghalai, J.S. --Nonsyndromic hereditary hearing loss /Alford, R.L. --Hereditary hearing loss with thyroid abnormalities /Choi, B.Y. ... [et al.] --Pigmentary anomalies and hearing loss /Toriello, H.V. --Usher syndrome: hearing loss with vision loss /Friedman, T.B. ... [et al.] --Genetic disorders with both hearing loss and cardiovascular abnormalities /Belmont, J.W. ... [et al.] --Hearing loss disorders associated with renal disease /Kimberling, W.J., Borso, N., Smith, R.J. --Multiple endocrine neoplasia: types 1 and 2 /Marsh, D.J., Gimm, O. --Neurofibromatosis type 2 /Evans, D.G.R., Lloyd, S.K.W., Ramsden, R.T. --Hereditary paragangliomas /Raygada, M., Pasini, B., Stratakis, C.A. --Genetic causes of nonsyndromic cleft lip with or without cleft palate /Yuan, Q., Blanton, S.H., Hecht, J.T --Chronic rhinosinusitis /Wang, X., Cutting, G.R. --Otosclerosis /Ealy, M., Smith, R.J.H --Genetics of vestibulopathies /Jen, J.C. --Genetics of otitis media /Post, J.C. --Gene therapy for head and neck cancer /Abuzeid, W.M., Li, D., O'Malley Jr., B.W.
- Microtia and atresia 2014, Karger"Remarkable progress in the development of new concepts and techniques used in reconstructive surgery of microtia/atresia of the external auditory canal (EAC) has been made since the beginning of the 21st century. Helical computed tomography has made a three-dimensional reconstruction of the soft tissue of the temporal bone surface and the cranium possible, and has laid the groundwork for a collaboration between plastic surgeons and otologists. This book presents the latest findings on reconstructive surgery performed jointly by plastic surgeons and otologists. Based on this concept, information on diagnosis, surgical procedures, outcomes, long-term results and psychology is discussed. Collaborative surgery offers advantages not only in terms of a better reconstruction of morphology and function, but also in terms of the lower number of surgical procedures required which reduces the psychological pressure and economic burden on patients."--Publisher's website.
- Middle ear 2013, SpringerThe middle ear plays a vital role in the sense and sensitivity of hearing. Of the various characteristics that distinguish mammals from other vertebrates, several pertain specifically to the middle-ear system, such as the presence of three middle-ear bones and the four-layer composite structure of the tympanic membrane. The Middle Ear attempts to elucidate the role this system plays in sound transmission, as viewed from both scientific and clinical perspectives.
- Middle ear surgery 2006, Springer
- Modern management of acoustic neuroma 2008, Karger
- Modified inferior turbinoplasty 2012, Springer
- Nasal Physiology and Pathophysiology of Nasal Disorders 2013, Springer
- Nasal polyposis 2010, Springer
- Nasopharyngeal carcinoma 2013, SpringerDiagnosis and clinical evaluation of nasopharyngeal carcinoma / Alan Soo-Beng Khoo and Kin-Choo Pua -- Histopathological diagnosis of nasopharyngeal carcinoma : looking beyond the blue book / John Nicholls and Gerald Niedobitek -- Descriptive, environmental and genetic epidemiology of nasopharyngeal carcinoma/ -- Bing-jian feng -- Epstein-Barr virus and the pathogenesis of nasopharyngeal carcinomas / Claire Gourzones, Pierre Busson and Nancy Raab-Traub -- Acquired genetic and epigenetic alterations in nasopharyngeal carcinoma / Kwok-Wai Lo, Grace Tin-Yun Chung and Ka-Fai To -- Cellular interactions in nasopharyngeal carcinomas / Claire Gourzones ... [et al.] -- Biological tools for NPC population screening and disease monitoring / Claire Gourzones ... [et al.] -- Medical imaging of nasopharyngeal carcinomas : current tools and applications / François Bidault -- Radiotherapy of NPC : current strategies and perspectives / John Kim -- The evolving role of systemic therapy in nasopharyngeal carcinoma : current strategies and perspectives / Edwin P. Hui and Anthony T.C. Chan -- Nasopharyngeal carcinoma immunotherapy current strategies and perspectives / Corey Smith and Rajiv Khanna -- Therapeutic induction of apoptosis in nasopharyngeal carcinoma / Carlo Bastianutto ... [et al.].
- Neurobiology of olfaction 2010, CRCnetBASEFrom odors to behaviors in Caenorhabditis elegans / Anne C. Hart and Michael Y. Chao -- Odor coding in insects / C. Giovanni Galizia and Silke Sachse -- Olfactory information processing in moths / S. Shuichi Haupt ... [et al.] -- Olfactory coding in larvae of the African clawed frog Xenopus laevis / Ivan Manzini and Detlev Schild -- Development of the olfactory system / Helen B. Treloar ... [et al.] -- Pheromones and mammalian behavior / Peter Brennan -- Odorant receptors / Bettina Malnic, Daniela C. Gonzalez-Kristeller, and Luciana M. Gutiyama -- Signal transduction in vertebrate olfactory cilia / Simone Pifferi, Anna Menini, and Takashi Kurahashi -- Multiple olfactory subsystems convey various sensory signals / Minghong Ma -- Feedback regulation of neurogenesis in the mammalian olfactory epithelium : new insights from genetics and systems biology / Kimberly K. Gokoffski ... [et al.] -- Neurogenesis in the adult olfactory bulb / Angela Pignatelli and Ottorino Belluzzi -- Active sensing in olfaction / Matt Wachowiak -- Temporal coding in olfaction / Brice Bathellier, Olivier Gschwend, and Alan Carleton -- Cortical activity evoked by odors / Donald A. Wilson and Robert L. Rennaker -- Memory and plasticity in the olfactory system : from infancy to adulthood / Anne-Marie Mouly and Regina Sullivan -- New perspectives on olfactory processing and human smell / Gordon Shepherd.
- Occupational hearing loss. 3rd ed. 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Otolaryngology-- head & neck surgery. 4th ed. v. 1-4, 2005.Print Material
- Otolith function and disorders 2001, Karger
- Otosclerosis and stapes surgery 2007, Karger
- Pathology of the head and neck 2006, Springer
- Pediatric airway surgery 2011, Springer
- Pediatric airway surgery 2012, KargerFor the first time the editors of this volume have brought together text, illustrations and high-definition videos to create an expert video atlas in the field of pediatric airway surgery. The publication which includes the book and free online access to the videos provides a detailed review of the pros and cons and clinical pearls involved in various modes of pediatric airway surgery. Discussed are all the main open airway surgeries including laryngotracheal reconstruction, cricotracheal resection, tracheal resection and re-anastomosis, and slide tracheoplasty. Further covered is a range of endoscopic procedures such as endoscopic repair of laryngeal clefts and endoscopic treatment of vocal fold immobility.The high-definition videos with audio overlay and the text complement provide an excellent detailed instruction manual for surgeons willing to carry out these operations. This publication is designed for all levels, from medical student through residency and fellowship as well as the pediatric otolaryngologist or pediatric surgeon preparing for pediatric airway surgery.
- Pediatric ENT 2007, Springer
- Pediatric otolaryngology for the clinician 2009, SpringerAntibiotic therapy for acute otitis, rhinosinusitis, and pharyngotonsillitis -- Pediatric hearing assessment -- Speech, voice and, swallowing assessment -- Methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) infections of the head and neck in children -- Polysomnography in children -- Otology -- External otitis -- Diagnosis and management of otitis media -- Tympanostomy tubes and otorrhea -- Chronic disorders of the middle ear and mastoid (tympanic membrane perforations and cholesteatoma) -- Congenital hearing loss (sensorineural and conductive) -- Implantable hearing devices -- Rhinology -- Pediatric facial fractures -- Pediatric epistaxis -- Nasal obstruction in the neonate -- Pediatric allergic nose -- Acute and chronic rhinosinusitis -- Head and neck -- Congenital head and neck masses -- Pediatric stridor -- Inflammatory disorders of the pediatric airway -- Tracheostomy in children -- Cleft lip and palate -- Cough -- Hoarseness in children -- Adenotonsillar disease -- Sleep-disordered breathing (SDB) in children -- Pediatric vascular tumors -- Emergencies in pediatric otolaryngology -- Foreign body management -- Deep space neck infections in the pediatric population -- Complications of acute otitis media -- Complications of sinusitis.
- Pocket atlas of tongue diagnosis. 2nd ed. 2011, Thieme BookIn this fully up-to-date Second Edition, experts in Chinese medicine explain how traditional Chinese tongue diagnosis can be used in daily practice to complement conventional Western methods. The guide begins with a brief introduction to the history, anatomy, physiology, and methodology of tongue diagnosis followed by basic techniques and systematic procedures for identifying the manifold individual characteristics of the tongue's shape and its many modifications. Full-color photographs of tongues then demonstrate a variety of clinical scenarios to help readers develop a holistic approach to diagnosis.
- This is the second edition of a superbly illustrated manual on neck dissection that will serve as a roadmap for advanced surgeons and beginners alike. The reader is guided through the various cervical structures in a series of chapters depicting the methods employed by surgeons operating in vivo. The illustrations provide an overview of all surgical anatomy relevant to the treatment of oncologic patients. Compared with the first edition, revisions have been made when appropriate and an important new chapter has been added on microscopic anatomy and laryngeal cancer.
- Principles of deglutition 2013, Springer
- Principles of nasal reconstruction. 2nd ed. 2011, Springer
- Rational pharmacotherapy of the inner ear 2002, KargerMachine generated contents note: 1 Anatomical Differences in the Peripheral Auditory System of Mammals and Man -- Felix, H. (Zfirich) -- 11 Neurotransmission in the Human Labyrinth -- Schrott-Fischer, A.; Kammen-Jolly, K.; Scholtz, A.W. (Innsbruck); -- Kong, W.-J. (Hua-Zhong); Eybalin, M. (Montpellier) -- 18 Different Action of Memantine and Caroverine on Glutamatergic Transmission in the Mammalian Cochlea -- Oestreicher, E. (Munich/Berne); Ehrenberger, K. (Vienna); Felix, D. (Berne) -- 26 Role of Substance P in the PeripheralVestibular and Auditory System -- Felix, H. (Zirich); Oestreicher, E. (Munich/Berne); Felix, D. (Berne); -- Ehrenberger, K. (Vienna) -- Hair Cells - Ion Channels -- 35 Calcium Channels in Mouse Hair Cells: Function, Properties and Pharmacology -- Engel, J.; Michna, M. (Tiibingen); Platzer, J.; Striessnig, J. (Innsbruck) -- 42 Adrenergic and Muscarinic Control of Cochlear Endolymph Production -- Wangemann, P. (Manhattan) -- 51 Cochlear Blood Flow Regulation -- Wangemann, P. (Manhattan) -- 58 ETA Receptors in the Gerbil Spiral Modiolar Artery -- Scherer, E.Q.; Wangemann, P. (Manhattan) -- Immunology - Cell Cycle -- 66 Immunological Damage to the Inner Ear: Current and Future Therapeutic Strategies -- Ryan, A.F. (San Diego/La Jolla); Pak, K.; Low, W; Battaglia, A.; Mullen, L.; -- Harris, J.P.; Keithley, E.M. (San Diego) -- 75 Pharmacological Influence on Inner Ear Endothelial Cells in Relation to the Pathogenesis of Sensorineural Hearing Loss -- Gloddek, B.; Lamm, K.; Arnold, W. (Munich) -- 84 Mpv17 Mouse Strain -A Model for the Relationship between the Kidney and the Inner Ear -- Meyer zum Gottesberge, A.M.; Balz, V. (Diisseldorf); Felix, H. (Zurich) -- Ototoxicity, Noise and Aging -- 91 Sensitivity to Glutamate Neurotoxicity in Different Developmental Periods of the Rat Cochlea -- Carricondo, F; Bartolome, M.V; Vicente-Torres, M.A.; Fernmndez-Pacheco, P.; -- Rodriguez, T.; Gil-Loyzaga, P. (Madrid) -- 96 Protective Mechanisms of Sound Conditioning -- Niu, X.; Canlon, B. (Stockholm) -- 106 Effects of Aging on C57BL/6J Mice: An Electrophysiological and Morphological Study -- Bartolom6, M.V; del Castillo, E.; L6pez, L.M.; Carricondo, F.; Poch-Broto, J.; -- Gil-Loyzaga, P. (Madrid) -- 112 Effects of Aging on Cochlear MonoamineTurnover -- Vicente-Torres, M.A.; Davila, D.; Mufioz, E.; Gil-Loyzaga, P. (Madrid) -- 116 Degeneration Pattern of Human First-Order Cochlear Neurons -- Felix, H.; Pollak, A. (Zfirich); Gleeson, M. (London); Johnsson, L.-G. (Helsinki) -- 124 The Inner Hair Cell Afferent/Efferent Synapses Revisited: A Basis for New Therapeutic Strategies -- Puel, J.-L.; Ruel, J.; Guitton, M.; Pujol, R. (Montpellier) -- 131 Neurotransmission of the Cochlear Inner Hair Cell Synapse - Implications for Inner Ear Therapy -- Oestreicher, E. (Munich/Berne); Arnold, W. (Munich); Felix, D. (Berne) -- 140 Simulation of Methods for Drug Delivery to the Cochlear Fluids -- Salt, A.N. (St. Louis) -- 149 Transtympanic Endoscopy for Drug Delivery to the Inner Ear Using a New Microendoscope -- Plontke, S.K.-R. (Tuibingen); Plinkert, PK.; Plinkert, B. (Tiibingen/Homburg, Saar); -- Koitschev, A.; Zenner, H.-P.; L6wenheim, H. (Tiibingen) -- 156 Clinical Experience with Caroverine in Inner Ear Diseases -- Ehrenberger, K. (Vienna).
- Rhinologic and sleep apnea surgical techniques 2007, Springer
- Rhinology and facial plastic surgery 2009, Springer
- Rhinosinusitis 2008, Springer
- Scott-Brown's otolaryngology, head and neck surgery. 7th ed. 2008, CRCnetBASEVolume 1: Cell biology -- Wound healing -- Immunology -- Microbiology -- Haematology -- Endocrinology -- Pharmacotherapeutics -- Perioperative management -- Safe and effective practice -- Interpreation and management of data -- Recent advances in technology -- Paediatric otorhinolaryngology -- Volume 2: The Nose and paranasal sinuses -- The neck -- The upper digestive tract -- The upper airway -- Head and neck tumours -- Volume 3: Plastic surgery of the head and neck -- The ear, hearing and balance -- Skull base.
- Sound source localization 2005, SpringerIntroduction to sound source localization /Richard R. Fay and Arthur N. Popper --Directional hearing in insects /Daniel Robert --Sound source localization by fishes /Richard R. Fay --Directional hearing in nonmammalian tetrapods /Jakob Christensen-Dalsgaard --Comparative mammalian sound localization /Charles H. Brown and Bradford J. May --Development of the auditory centers responsible for sound localization /M. Fabiana Kubke and Catherine E. Carr --Interaural correlation as the basis of a working model of binaural processing: an introduction /Constantine Trahiotis, Leslie R. Bernstein, Richard M. Stern, and Thomas N. Buell --Models of sound localization /H. Steven Colburn and Abhijit Kulkarni.
- Springer handbook of auditory research v. 1-, 1992-, Springer
- Streptococcal pharyngitis 2004, Karger
- Surgery of larynx and trachea 2010, Springer
- Taste and smell 2006, KargerCentral gustatory processing in humans / Small, D.M. -- Modern psychophysics and the assessment of human oral sensation / Snyder, D.J., Prescott, J., Bartoshuk, L.M. -- Postoperative/posttraumatic gustatory dysfunction / Landis, B.N., Lacroix, J.-S. -- Neurological causes of taste disorders / Heckmann, J.G., Lang, C.J.G. -- Toxic effects on gustatory function / Reiter, E.R., DiNardo, L.J., Costanzo, R.M. -- Burning mouth syndrome / Grushka, M., Ching, V., Epstein, J.Nasal anatomy and the sense of smell / Hornung, D.E. -- Transduction and coding / Rawson, N.E., Yee, K.K. -- Smell: central olfactory processing / Gottfried, J.A. -- Structure and function of the vomeronasal organ / Witt, M., Wozniak, W. -- Assessment of olfactory function / Hummel, T., Welge-Lüssen, A. -- Posttraumatic olfactory loss / Costanzo, R.M.C., Miwa, T.M. -- Chronic rhinosinusitis and olfactory dysfunction / Raviv, J.R., Kern, R.C. -- Olfactory disorders following upper respiratory tract infections / Welge-Lüssen, A., Wolfensberger, M. -- Olfaction in neurodegenerative disorder / Hawkes, C. -- Human taste: peripheral anatomy, taste transduction, and coding / Breslin, P.A.S., Huang, L. --
- Textbook of tinnitus 2011, Springer
- Tinnitus 2012, Springer
- Tinnitus, pathophysiology and treatment 2007, ScienceDirect
- Trichiasis surgery for trachoma 2013, WHO
- Vertigo 2013, SpringerPart I. Fundamentals -- Nomenclature and epidemiology -- Basic sciences, clinical evaluation and investigations -- Part II. Clinical conditions -- Meniere's disease -- Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV) -- Vestibular migraine -- Cervical vertigo/labyrinthitis/ototoxicity -- Chronic suppurative otitis media (CSOM) -- Central causes -- General causes -- Paediatric clinical conditions -- Part III. Rehabilitation and ethical issues -- Rehabilitation -- Vertigo in the elderly: quality of life and some ethical issues.
- Vertigo and dizziness. Second edition. [2nd ed.] 2013, SpringerVertigo and Dizziness: Common Complaints, Second Edition revises and updates the first edition to reflect the advances that have taken place in this field. Valid epidemiological studies are now available on the prevalence and incidence of these illnesses. There have been improvements in diagnostic criteria and important new principles in the treatment of vertigo and balance disorders are outlined for use in clinical practice, supported by video examples. Practitioners are also given access to the wealth of new, scientifically interesting findings on the pathophysiology, etiology, signs and symptoms and current treatment of peripheral and central vestibular disorders as well as somatoform vertigo, summarised in concise and accessible form. Written by experts in the field, Vertigo and Dizziness: Common Complaints, Second Edition is a practical guide for physicians of different specializations who treat patients with vertigo including neurologists, ENT specialists, neuro-otologists, and neuro-ophthalmology and ophthalmology specialists as well as general medicine practitioners.
- Vestibular evoked myogenic potential 2009, Springer
- Vocal fold paralysis 2006, Springer
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases