Books by Subject
- 5-minute orthopaedic consult. 2nd ed. — Common musculoskeletal problems (100)
- Complex fractures of the limbs — Infection and local treatment in orthopedic surgery (100)
- Inherited neuromuscular diseases — Pediatric orthopaedic secrets. 3rd ed. (100)
- Pediatric orthopedic deformities — Young adult hip in sport (90)
OrthopedicsAccess restricted to Stanford unless otherwise noted
- Pediatric orthopedic deformities 2001, ScienceDirectDevelopmental bone biology -- Imaging approaches for epiphyseal assessment -- Developmental dysplasia of the hip -- Legg-Calve-Perthes Disease -- Coxa Vara in developmental and acquired abnormalities of the femur -- Developmental disorders of the knee -- Deformities due to disorders primarily affecting the epiphyses and metaphyses -- Lower extremity length discrepancies -- Skeletal dysplasias -- Epiphyseal and metaphyseal involvement with metabolic, inflammatory, neoplastic, infectious, and hematologic disorders.
- Pediatric orthopedic surgical emergencies 2012, SpringerPart 1.Trauma Overview --Polytrauma in the Pediatric Patient /Joshua M. Abzug and Martin J. Herman --The Mangled Extremity in Children /Sapan D. Gandhi, Joshua M. Abzug and Martin J. Herman --Compartment Syndrome /Baxter Willis --Part 2.Spine --Cervical Spine Injuries in Children /Steven W. Hwang, Per D. Trobisch, Andrew Jea and Amer F. Samdani --Thoracic and Lumbar Spine Injuries /Hitesh Garg, Joshua Pahys and Patrick J. Cahill --Part 3.Upper Extremity --Supracondylar Humerus Fractures /Joshua M. Abzug, Dan A. Zlotolow and Scott H. Kozin --Upper Extremity Replantation in Children /Joshua M. Abzug, Dan A. Zlotolow and Scott H. Kozin --Part 4.Lower Extremity --Pediatric Hip Fractures and Dislocations /James J. McCarthy, Kenneth J. Noonan and Sapan D. Gandhi --Pediatric Proximal Tibial Fractures with Vascular Compromise /William Hennrikus and Tamara Pylawka --Open Tibia Fractures in Children and Adolescents /Joseph Rosenblatt and Shannon D. Safier --Part 5.Infection --Septic Hip /Peter D. Pizzutillo and Megan Gresh --Necrotizing Fasciitis /Kevin J. Little and Joshua M. Abzug --Part 6.Other --Slipped Capital Femoral Epiphysis /Panagiotis Peter Glavas and B. David Horn.
- Pediatric orthopedics in practice 2007, Springer
- Topics in pediatric orthopedics routinely surface in general pediatrics and primary care medicine, whether on board exams or in clinical practice. Musculoskeletal-related problems are common presenting complaints in any general pediatric or family medicine practice, and in emergency medicine. From birth injuries to musculoskeletal infections and sport-related injuries, many orthopedic conditions and presenting complaints must be addressed by the primary care physician or pediatrician. Pediatric Orthopedics: Handbook for Primary Care Physicians is a concise and targeted handbook filled with all need-to-know conditions, injuries, and diseases, supplemented by over three hundred photos and illustrations. It describes common orthopedic conditions, how to diagnose them, and the indications to either treat these conditions or refer the child to an orthopedist. Readers will learn the natural history of orthopedic diseases and how to differentiate between normal development and abnormal pathological conditions. An easy-to-read bulleted format highlights the most pertinent information for conditions commonly encountered in primary care. In addition, the book provides critical information used to answer musculoskeletal questions on the pediatrics board exam. The two editors come from different specialties (pediatric orthopedics and pediatrics) and present topics in a practical and problem-oriented method. Pediatric Orthopedics: Handbook for Primary Care Physicians is invaluable to all health providers taking care of children, including pediatricians, family medicine physicians, emergency medicine physicians, nurse practitioners, physical therapists, and medical students.
- Percutaneous vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty. 2nd ed. 2006, Springer
- Periprosthetic joint infection of the hip and knee 2014, SpringerPeriprosthetic Joint Infection of the Hip and Knee is a practical reference for the diagnosis and treatment of total joint infections following hip and knee arthroplasty. In addition to useful chapters presenting common tests and algorithms used for diagnosis, the book gives background on the epidemiology, risk factors, and prevention strategies of periprosthetic joint infection. Additionally, practical clinical information is given, including antibiotic treatment strategies and delivery methods and medical optimization techniques for physicians to follow for patient care and follow-up. Covering a topic that is currently underrepresented in the medical literature, Periprosthetic Joint Infection of the Hip and Knee will be useful to orthopedic surgeons, rheumatologists, and other physicians involved in the care of patients with hip and knee prosthetic implants.
- Personalized management of head & neck cancer 2013, Future MedCurrent therapies for HNC : why is immunotherapy not yet in the forefront? / Theresa L. Whiteside -- Etiology and risk factors / Ana Neumann, Lei Jin & Qingyi Wei -- Molecular diagnostics of head and neck cancer / Diana Bell & Adel K. El-Naggar -- Classification and prevalence / Luiz Paulo Kowalski -- Surgery and radiotherapy : patient selection and clinical outcomes / Jonas T. Johnson -- Chemotherapy and molecularly targeted therapies for previously untreated SCCHN / Scott A. Kono, Nabil F. Saba & Dong M. Shin -- Chemotherapy and molecularly targeted therapies for recurrent head and neck cancer / Thomas K. Hoffmann & Patrick J. Schuler -- Prognostic biomarkers in squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck / Vasu Divi & Carol Bradford -- Consensus guidelines / Carol M. Lewis & Randal S. Weber -- Index.
- Physeal injury other than fracture 2012, SpringerVascular Deficiency --Disuse --Infection --Tumor --Metabolic --Neural --Cold Injury (Frostbite) --Heat Injury (Burns) --Electric Injuries --Compression --Distraction --Stress --Irradiation --Light Waves --Sound Waves --Shock Waves --Atmospheric Pressure --Oxygen --Developmental --Surgical --Unknown.
- Physical measurement of bone 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Pitfalls in cervical spine surgery 2010, Springer
- Pocket guide to musculoskeletal diagnosis 2006, SpringerNeck pain and shooting arm pain -- Shoulder pain -- Elbow pain -- Wrist and hand pain -- Low back pain, hip pain, and shooting leg pain -- Knee pain -- Ankle pain -- Foot pain.
- Poly-traumatized patient with fractures 2011, Springer
- This is the second edition of a superbly illustrated manual on neck dissection that will serve as a roadmap for advanced surgeons and beginners alike. The reader is guided through the various cervical structures in a series of chapters depicting the methods employed by surgeons operating in vivo. The illustrations provide an overview of all surgical anatomy relevant to the treatment of oncologic patients. Compared with the first edition, revisions have been made when appropriate and an important new chapter has been added on microscopic anatomy and laryngeal cancer.
- Periarticular ligamentous tissue: a biochemical and physiologic assessment /David Amiel, Sakae Sano --Meniscus /Julie A. dodds, Steven P. Arnoczky --Articular cartilage: a brief review of its structure, function, and repair /Wayne H. Akeson, William Bugbee --Skeletal muscle and tendon /Thomas M. Best, John J. Wilson --Cervical spine injuries in the athlete /Rahul Banerjee, Michael P. Bradley, Mark A. Palumbo, Paul D. Fadale --The thoracolumbar spine /Donald Chow --Functional spinal rehabilitation /Lorraine Hendry --Scapulothoracic dysfunction, burners, stingers, thoracic outlet syndrome, and miscellaneous nerve injuries /Marc R. Safran, Anthony C. Luke --Head injures and concussion /Andrew d. Pearle, Ronnie Barnes, Russell F. Warren --Shoulder anatomy and biomechanics /Dawn L. Swarm, Andrew T. Mahar, Derek W. Weichel, Robert A. Pedowitz --Shoulder impingement /James Patrick Tasto, John K. Locke --Shoulder labral tears and instability /George F. Hatch III, John G. costouros, Peter J. MIllett, Jon J.P. Warner --The rotator cuff /Richard K.N. Ryu, Graham R. Hurvitz --Cartilage /Coarlos A. Guanche --Pectoralis major tendon ruptures /George K. Bal, Carl J. Bansamania --Acute injuries: shoulder fractures and acromioclavicular and sternoclavicular joint injuries /Robert Talac, Joel J. Smith --Adhesive capsulitis /Scott P. Fischer, Serge Kaska --Arthroscopic rotator cuff repair /James C. Esch, Jeffrey W. Taborlane --Thermal treatment, sutures, knots, and bone anchors /Robert A. Pedowitz --Throwing injuries /Walter A. Thomas, Heinz R. Hoenecke, Jan Fronek --Principles of shoulder rehabilitation /Benjamin D. Rubin --Elbow injuries /Ronald M. Selby, Marc R. Safran, Stephen J. O'Brien --Injuries of the wrist and hand /Ethan R. Wiesler, Jian Shen, Anastasios Papadonikolakis --Anatomy and kinematics of the hip /Mark R. Hutchinson, John Hung, J.W. Thomas Byrd --Hip arthroscopy /Michael H. Dienst --Intra-articular lesions /Aaron A. Bare, Carlos A. Guanche --Hip morphology and related pathology /J.W. Thomas Byrd --Extra-articular lesions /Aaron A. Bare, Carlos A. Guanche --Snapping hip syndrome /J.W. Thomas Byrd --Occult groin injuries: athletic pubalgia, sports hernia, and osteitis pubis /Michael B. Gerhardt, John A. Brown, Eric Giza --Sports related boney lesions of the hip: fractures, stress fractures, avulsion, AVN, dislocation, and subluxation /Carlos A.M. Higuera, Joshua M. Polster, Wael K. Barsoum, Viktor E. Krebs --Basic science of the knee /Donald H. Hohnson, Paul Johnson, Ali Alsuwaidi --The anterior cruciate ligament --Anterior cruciate reconstruction /Andrew Pickle, Aaron Campbell, Donald H. Johnson --Posterior mini-incision ACLR hamstring harvest /Chadwick Prodromos --Anatomic double bundle anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction /Steven B. Cohen, James Starman, Freddie H. Fu --Ligament injury and pain management /R. Lance Synder, Eric C. McCarty --Medial collateral ligament /Donald H. Johnson --Posterior cruciate ligament and posterolateral reconstruction /Gregory C. Fanelli -Posterior curciate ligament reconstruction with the posterior inlay graft /Donald H. Johnson --The ACL PCL injured (dislocated) knee /Gregory C. Fanellis, Daniel R. Orcutt, Justin D. Harris, David Zijerdi, Craig J. Edson --The meniscus /Monika Voleshy, Donald H. Johnson --Meniscus allografts /Walter R. Shelton --Patellar problems in athletes /Jeffrey Halbrecht --Fractures - tibial plateau, distal femur, patella, avulsions of the intercondylar eminence, Osgood-Schlatter disease /James H. Lubowitz, Wylie S. Elson, Dan Guttmann --Tendon disorders /William D. Stanish, Horacio Yepes, Amro Al-Hibshi --Chondral injuries and osteoarthritis --Chondral injuries in the knee /F. Alan Barber --Osteochondritis dissecans on the knee /Dawn L. Swarm, Robert A. PedowitzCartilage transplantation /Alberto Gobbi, Ramces A. Francisco --High tibial osteotomy /Tim Spalding, Price A.M. Gallie --Unicompartmental knee replacement /Jack M. Bert --Anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction with patellar tendon autograft: principles of rehabilitation /K. Donald Shelbrourne, Cairon Pfennig, Scott E. Lawrance --Leg, ankle, and foot: history, physical, and investigations /Kevin J. Wing, Alastair Younger --Muscle strains and contusions /Michael P. Swords, Douglas P. Dietzel --Chronic compartment syndrome /Robert A. Pdeowitz, Derek W. Weichel --Instability of the ankle /Murray J. Penner --Treatment of osteochondral lesions of the talar dome /James W. Stone --Tendon disorders in the lower extremity /Mark A. Glazebrook --Stress fractures of the athletic leg, ankle, and foot /Donald R. Boahy, Jonathan P. Cornelius, John G. Anderson --Ligamentous lisfranc joint injuries: leg - ankle - foot: midfoot injuries, lisfranc /Michael S. Aronow --Hallux valgus in the athlete /Walter J. Pedowitz, David I. Pedowitz --Stress fractures in athletes /Kurt P. Spindler, Michael S. George, Christopher C. Kaeding, Annunziato Amendola --Female issues in sport: risk factors and prevention of ACL injuries /Ligament injuries in children and adolescents /Patrick S. Brannan, Henry G. Chambers --Environmental issues for the athlete /Mark D. Bracker, Margoire Delo, Elise T. Gordon, Judy R. Schauer --Team physician issues; preparticipation evaluation /Bernie Lalonde --Running on the field /Richard Hawkins --Traveling team physician /Chadwick Prodromos --Mass participation events /Helen D. Iams, James Williams --Team physician consensus statement --Sideline preparedness for the team physician --Team physician and conditioning of athletes for sports --Team physician and return to play issues --Female athlete issues for the team physician.
- Practical orthopedics. 6th ed. 2008, ClinicalKey
- Practical procedures in elective orthopaedic surgery 2012, Springer
- Practical procedures in elective orthopedic surgery 2012, SpringerUpper Extremity -- Clavicle -- Shoulder -- Treatment of non-union of clavicle fracture -- Acromioclavicular Joint Dislocation -- Diagnostic Shoulder Arthroscopy -- Acromioplasty -- Rotator cuff repair (open / arthroscopic) -- Open anterior shoulder stabilisation -- Arthroscopic Shoulder Stabilization -- Arthroscopic Capsular Release for Shoulder Stiffness -- Total shoulder arthroplasty in degenerative osteoarthritis of the shoulder -- Humerus -- Elbow -- Non-unions Of The Humeral Shaft: Open Reduction Plate Fixation And Autologous Bone Graft Augmentation -- Repair of the Ruptured Distal Biceps Tendon -- Ulnar Nerve Transposition -- Lateral Collateral Ligament Reconstruction for Posterolateral Rotatory Instability of the Elbow -- Elbow arthroscopy -- Total Elbow Arthroplasty -- Forearm -- Wrist -- Forearm Non-unions -- Wrist Arthroscopy -- Wrist Arthrodesis -- Scaphoid Non-Union -- Trapezectomy -- Carpal Tunnel Release -- Release of the First Extensor compartment at the Wrist (DeQuervain's decompression) -- Dupuytrens Fasciectomy -- Trigger Finger release -- Tendon transfers for Median Nerve Palsy -- Tendon transfers for Radial Nerve Palsy -- Tendon transfers for Ulnar Nerve Palsy -- Spine -- Cervical Spine -- Surgical technique of Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion (ACDF) -- Lumbar Spine -- Microdiscectomy / Microdecompression for Intra-Spinal Intervertebral Disc Prolapses and Lateral Recess Stenosis -- Lumbar Decompression and Instrumented Fusion -- Spinal Stenosis / Decompression -- Scoliosis -- Posterior Correction of Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis (Principles for the posterior correction of spinal curvatures) -- Vertebro / Kyphoplasty -- Surgical technique of Vertebral Cement Augmentation (Vertebro / Kyphoplasty).
- Practical procedures in orthopedic surgery 2012, Springer
- Practice of intramedullary locked nails v. 3, 2002., Springerv. 1. Scientific basis and standard techniques -- v. 2. Advanced techniques and special applications -- v. 3. New developments in techniques and applications.
- Prevention of bone metastases 2012, SpringerBone metastases continue to be a major cause of morbidity in cancer patients, but improved understanding of the biology of bone metastases has led to the identification of drugs that are of potential value in not only their treatment but also their prevention. This book, written by recognized experts in the field, provides a detailed overview of current knowledge on this subject.
- Primer in cartilage repair and joint preservation of the knee 2011, ScienceDirectA Primer in Cartilage Repair and Joint Preservation of the Knee presents the full range of treatment options for a changing, increasingly younger patient population. Dr. Thomas Minas demonstrates each technique-from non-surgical to mini-incision total knee arthroplasty to the recent developments in tissue biologics-through a step-by-step approach. This highly visual, multimedia reference guides you in choosing the best treatment course for each patient. Get only the information you need through a technique-focused approach and the consistent style of a single author, Dr. Thomas Minas-a leading specialist in cartilage repair. Clearly see the nuances and important points of each technique with surgical photographs and artists' renderings of key situations in the operating room. Select the best treatment course for each patient through extensive coverage of options from non-surgical to mini-incision total knee arthroplasty.
- Primer on the Metabolic Bone Diseases and Disorders of Mineral Metabolism, 8th Edition is the comprehensive revision of the field-leading reference on bone and mineral health. The eighth edition has been fully revised by the leading researchers and clinicians in the field to provide concise coverage of the widest possible spectrum of metabolic bone diseases and disorders of mineral metabolism. Chapters look to explain basic biological factors of healthy development and disease states and make it easily translatable to clinical interventions.
- Principles of bone biology. 2nd ed. 2002, ScienceDirectv. 1.-- Part. I. Basic principles -- v. 2.-- Part. II. Molecular mechanisims of metabolic bone diseases -- Part. III. Pharmacological mechanisms of therapeutics -- Part. IV. Methods in bone research.
- Principles of bone regeneration 2012, SpringerPart 1.Physiology of Bone Healing /Cellular and Molecular Aspects of Bone Repair /Itai A. Bab and Jona J. Sela --Primary Mineralization /Jona J. Sela --Healing of Bone Fracture: General Concepts /Jona J. Sela and Itai A. Bab --Part 2.Systemic Factors in Bone Healing /Anabolic Agents in Bone Repair /Itai A. Bab --Bone Repair in Diabetes /Gail Amir --Cannabinoids in Bone Repair /Itai A. Bab --Part 3.Bridging of Skeletal Defects and Implants /Mesenchymal Stem Cells for Bone Gene Therapy /Gadi Pelled, Olga Mizrahi, Nadav Kimelman-Bleich and Dan Gazit --Scaffolds in Skeletal Repair /Erella Livne and Samer Srouji --Bone Reaction to Implants /David Kohavi.
- Principles of osteoimmunology 2012, Springer
- Progress in motor control. A Multidisciplinary perspective 2009, Springer
- Quantitative aspects of bone densitometry 2009, HighWire
- Radiologically-guided approach to musculoskeletal anatomy 2013, SpringerIntroduction --Introduction /Antonio Zicca, Alberto Tagliafico --Upper limb --Shoulder /Erica Fisci, Alberto Tagliafico --Elbow /Alberto Tagliafico, Carlo Martinoli --Wrist /Alberto Tagliafico, Carlo Martinoli --Lower limb --Hip /Alberto Tagliafico, Erica Fisci, Carlo Martinoli --Knee /Alberto Tagliafico, Carlo Martinoli --Ankle /Bianca Bignotti, Carlo Martinoli, Alberto Tagliafico --Spine --Spine /Erica Fisci, Alberto Tagliafico
- Radiology illustrated. Spine 2014, SpringerRadiology Illustrated: Spine is an up-to-date, superbly illustrated reference in the style of a teaching file that has been designed specifically to be of value in clinical practice. Common, critical, and rare but distinctive spinal disorders are described succinctly with the aid of images highlighting important features and informative schematic illustrations. The first part of the book, on common spinal disorders, is for radiology residents and other clinicians who are embarking on the interpretation of spinal images. A range of key disorders are then presented, including infectious spondylitis, cervical trauma, spinal cord disorders, spinal tumors, congenital disorders, uncommon degenerative disorders, inflammatory arthritides, and vascular malformations. The third part is devoted to rare but clinically significant spinal disorders with characteristic imaging features, and the book closes by presenting practical tips that will assist in the interpretation of confusing cases.
- Radiology of osteoporosis. 2nd rev. ed. 2008, Springer
- Radionuclide and hybrid bone imaging 2012, Springer
- Rationale of operative fracture care. 3rd ed. 2005, Springer
- Reoperative hand surgery 2012, SpringerReoperative Hand Surgery is a major contribution to the literature, offering a wide range of reoperative options for challenging problems that face the reconstructive hand surgeon after failed primary surgery. Concise and discussing all of the more common issues that hand surgeons often face in performing revision surgery, this invaluable title is unique in that it looks specifically at the problem of what to do when the original index procedure did not go as planned. Topics covered include the hand, wrist, forearm and elbow, and several sections of the book discuss some of the psychological and social factors that also go into the decision process to reoperate or not. The chapters are tightly focused so that the important aspects to consider for reoperation can be quickly reviewed. There is also a component that discusses how to avoid other pitfalls and to minimize as well as manage any complications that may occur with reoperative procedures. Importantly, the book is replete with original art work to help describe and demonstrate how to perform many reoperative procedures. The artwork is simple and straightforward but yet detailed enough to convey the important steps and aspects for the surgical intervention it is outlining. Developed by renowned experts in the hand surgery field, Reoperative Hand Surgery is an indispensable, state-of-the-art reference, offering the busy hand and upper extremity surgeon easily accessible information relating to the evaluation, diagnosis, and possible surgical interventions for the diagnoses discussed.
- Tendon repair and regeneration: an overview / Eric M. Bluman, Scott D. Allen, Paul D. Fadale -- Structure and function of ligaments, tendons, and joint capsule / Frederick H. Silver, Joseph W. Freeman, Gino Bradica -- Tendons of the hand: anatomy, repair, healing, and rehabilitation / Paul C. Stephens ... [et al.] -- Evolution of concepts in flexor tendon surgery of the hand / Randip R. Bindra -- Basic science of the shoulder ligaments / Louis J. Soslowsky and Jeffrey S. Cartmell -- History of cruciate ligaments: development of repair and reconstruction / Jon Karlsson -- Rotator cuff / Richard O. Evans, Peter J. Hughes, David H. Sonnabend -- Frozen shoulder / Peter J. Hughes, Richard O. Evans, Jerome A. Goldberg -- Capsular shrinkage of the shoulder: current clinical status / Andrew L. Wallace -- Biomechanical and clinical evaluation of tendons and ligaments / David Hartright ... [et al.] -- Healing of ligament and tendon to bone / Andreas Weiler, Sven Scheffler, Maria Apreleva -- Artificial ligaments / Andrew A. Amis -- Tendon and ligament fixation to bone / Christopher M. Hill, Yuehuei H. An, Frank A. Young -- Tissue engineering strategies for regeneration of the anterior cruciate ligament / Michael G. Dunn -- Gene therapy and ligament healing / Norimasa Nakamura.
- Revision ACL reconstruction 2014, SpringerAlthough anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) reconstruction has a high success rate, a substantial number of patients are left with unsatisfactory results. Revision ACL Reconstruction: Indications and Technique provides detailed strategies for planning and executing revision ACL reconstructions. Concise chapters by a leading group of international orthopedic surgeons cover the diagnosis of failed ACL reconstruction, patient evaluation, preoperative planning for revision ACL surgery, and complex technical considerations.
- Revision of loose femoral prostheses 2007, Springer
- Revision total knee arthroplasty 2005, Springer
- Biomechanics of fixation and fractures /Allan F. Tencer --Classification of fractures /Douglas R. Dirschl and Lisa K. Cannada-- Management of the multiply injured patient /Hans-Christoph Pape and Peter Giannoudis --The epidemiology of fractures. pt. 1. Overview of epidemiology /Charles M. Court-Brown and Benjamin C. Caesar --pt. 2. Experience in the United States /Kenneth J. Koval and Michael Cooley --Nonoperative fracture treatment /John F. Connolly --Principles of internal fixation /Christian Krettek and Thomas Gösling --Principles of external fixation /J. Tracy Watson --Bone and joint healing /Joseph A. Buckwalter, Thomas A. Einhorn and J.L. Marsh --Bone grafting and enhancement of fracture repair /Sanjeev Kakar, Eleftherios Tsiridis, and Thomas A. Einhorn --Outcome studies in trauma /Mohit Bhandari --Imaging considerations in orthopaedic trauma /Andrew H. Schmidt and Kerry M. Kallas --Initial management of open fractures /Steven A. Olson and Mark C. Willis --Acute compartment syndrome /Margaret M. McQueen --Penetrating trauma /Edward A. Perez --War wounds, limb salvage, and traumatic amputations /Paul J. Dougherty --Bone and soft tissue reconstruction /Lior Heller and L. Scott Levin --Systemic complications /David C. Templeman and William A. Marinelli --Local complications /Kirti D. Moholkar and Bruce H. Ziran --Osteoporotic fractures /Magnus K. Karlsson, Karl Obrant and Per Olof Josefsson --Pathologic fractures /Kristy L. Weber --Stress fractures /David C. Teague --Periprosthetic fractures. pt. 1. Periprosthetic fractures of the elbow and shoulder /Robert H. Cofield ... [et al.] --pt. 2. Periprosthetic fractures about total hip and total knee replacements /Jay D. Mabrey --Computer-aided orthopaedic surgery in skeletal trauma /Meir Liebergall, Rami Mosheiff, and Leo Joskowicz --Fractures and dislocations of the hand /Mark H. Henry --Fractures and dislocations of the carpus /Christian Gaebler --Fractures of the distal radius and ulna /David S. Ruch --Fractures of the shafts of the radius and ulna /Ralph Hertel and Dominique A. Rothenfluh --Fractures and dislocations of the elbow /David Ring --Fractures of the distal humerus /C. Michael Robinson --Fractures of the shaft of the humerus /Michael D. McKee --Fractures of the proximal humerus /Jon J. P. Warner, John G. Costouros and Christian Gerber --Fractures of the clavicle /Mark D. Lazarus and Carl Seon --Fractures of the scapula /Kenneth P. Butters --Subluxations and dislocations about the glenohumeral joint /Young W. Kwon and Joseph D. Zuckerman --Acromioclavicular joint injuries /Leesa M. Galatz and Gerald R. Williams, Jr. --Injuries to the sternoclavicular joint /Gregory J. Gilot, Michael A. Wirth and Charles A. Rockwood, Jr. --Principles of spine trauma care /Sohail K. Mirza, Carlo Bellabarba and Jens R. Chapman --Injuries of the craniocervical junction /Carlo Bellabarba, Sohail D. Mirza and Jens R. Chapman --Fractures and dislocations of the lower cervical spine /Christopher M. Bono --Fractures and dislocations of the thoracolumbar spine /Robert K. Eastlack and Christopher M. Bono --Fractures of the pelvic ring /Adam J. Starr and A. Steven Malekzadeh --Fractures of the acetabulum /Mark C. Reilly --Hip dislocations and fractures of the femoral head /Paul Tornetta III --Fractures of the neck of the femur /Ross K. Leighton --Intertrochanteric fractures /Kenneth J. Koval and Robert V. Cantu --Subtrochanteric fractures /Kwok-sui Leung --Fractures of the shaft of the femur /Sean E. Nork --Fractures of the distal femur /Peter J. OBrien ... [et al.] --Fractures of the patella and injuries to the extensor mechanism /Robert M. Harris --Fractures of the proximal tibia /Kenneth A. Egol and Kenneth J. Koval --Dislocations and fracture-dislocations of the knee /Robert C. Schenck, Jr., James P. Stannard, and Daniel C. Wascher --Fractures of the tibia and fibula /Charles M. Court-Brown --Ankle fractures /J.L. Marsh and Charles L. Saltzman --Fractures of the talus /David W. Sanders --Fractures of the calcaneus /Roy W. Sanders and Michael P. Clare --Fractures and dislocations of the midfoot and forefoot /John S. Early.
- Incidence of fractures in children / Kaye E. Wilkins and Alaric J. Aroojis -- The biologic aspects of children's fractures / Cory J. Xian and Bruce K. Foster -- Pain relief and related concerns in children's fractures / Joseph R. Furman -- Management of the multiply injured child / Robert M. Kay and Vernon T. Tolo -- Physeal injuries and growth disturbances / Karl E. Rathjen and John G. Birch -- Pathologic fractures associated with tumors and unique conditions of the musculoskeletal system / John P. Dormans and John M. Flynn -- Child abuse / Robert M. Campbell, Jr. and Timothy Schrader -- Fractures and dislocations of the hand and carpus in children / Scott H. Kozin and Peter M. Waters -- Fractures of the distal radius and ulna / Peter M. Waters and Alexander D. Mih -- Injuries to the shafts of the radius and ulna / Charles T. Mehlman and Eric J. Wall -- Fractures of the proximal radius and ulna / Robert E. Eilert and Mark A. Erickson -- Monteggia fracture-dislocation in children / José F. de la Garza --The elbow region: general concepts in the pediatric patient / James H. Beaty and James R. Kasser -- Supracondylar fractures of the distal humerus / James R. Kasser and James H. Beaty -- The elbow: physeal fractures, apophyseal injuries of the distal humerus, osteonecrosis of the trochlea, and t-condylar fractures / James H. Beaty and James R. Kasser -- Dislocations of the elbow / Anthony A. Stans and Stephen D. Heinrich -- Proximal humerus, scapula, and clavicle / John F. Sarwark, Erik C. King, and Scott J. Luhmann -- Cervical spine injuries in children / William C. Warner, Jr. and Daniel J. Hedequist -- Thoracolumbar spine fractures / Peter O. Newton -- Fractures of the pelvis / Roger F. Widmann -- Fractures and traumatic dislocations of the hip in children / R. Dale Blasier and Laurie O. Hughes -- Femoral shaft fractures / James R. Kasser and James H. Beaty -- Extra-articular injuries of the knee / David L. Skaggs -- Intra-articular injuries of the knee / Mininder S. Kocher -- Fractures of the shaft of the tibia and fibula / Stephen D. Heinrich and James F. Mooney III -- Distal tibial and fibular fractures / R. Jay Cummings -- Fractures and dislocations of the foot / James G. Jarvis and Paul J. Moroz.
- Rothman-Simeone The Spine. 6th ed. v. 1-2, 2011., ClinicalKeyv. 1. Basic science -- Diagnosis -- Surgical anatomy and approaches -- The child's spine -- Arthritis and inflammatory disorders -- Cervical degenerative disorders -- Thoracic and lumbar disc disease -- Minimally invasive surgery -- v. 2. Spinal stenosis -- Spinal fusion and instrumentation -- Adult deformity -- Spine trauma -- Afflictions of the vertebrae -- Spinal cord -- Complications -- Failed surgery -- Chronic pain/rehabilitation.
- Selected references in trauma and orthopaedics 2014, SpringerSelected References in Trauma and Orthopaedics provides a selection of references from the Trauma and Orthopedic literature, aimed at the surgeon preparing for the Intercollegiate Specialty Board examination, and similar end-of training examinations in other countries. It is the perfect guide for examiners and trainers who are preparing their trainees for the examination, as well as providing a literature basis for their own practice. Selected References in Trauma and Orthopaedics presents the classical papers underlying current practice as well as recent publications which have brought about innovation, clarified pathology or demonstrated outcomes. The references are presented with a brief summary which allows the reader to access a literature review, with the use of online resources, with the key references already identified.
- Severe injuries to the limbs 2007, SpringerIntroduction -- Primary treatment -- Definitive reconstruction -- Rehabilitation -- Treatment algorithm for missile open fractures of the limbs -- Conclusions.
- Shoulder arthroplasty 2005, Springer
- Shoulder arthroscopy 2014, SpringerThis comprehensive and stunningly illustrated textbook covers the entire spectrum of shoulder disease and arthroscopic techniques. It reviews the anatomy and the biomechanics of the shoulder, basic arthroscopic procedures, advanced reconstructive surgeries, and an overview on shoulder pathologies with a special focus on surgical approach. Shoulder Arthroscopy: Principles and Practice is a highly organized reference with all chapters following a standardized format: from detailed descriptions regarding epidemiology, pathophysiology, clinical findings, imaging, indication for treatment up to a step-by-step description of current surgical techniques, including tips and tricks on how to avoid the most common mistakes and complications. There is also an entire section dedicated to the evaluation of outcome measurements. The tips and techniques presented in this book are based on the Editor and his Contributors' individual experience. The book guides the orthopaedic resident and fellow who wants to focus on shoulder diseases, but it also represents a landmark reference for expert surgeons already involved in shoulder surgery.
- Shoulder concepts 2013 2013, SpringerThe ISAKOS Upper Extremity Committee (UEC) meets on a biannual basis for Closed Consensus Meetings. Each summit, a worldwide expert panel of surgeons and researchers convene for an in-depth discussion about a controversial topic. The purpose of this endeavor is to combine expertise and reach international consensus for the most appropriate management of various shoulder disorders. This booklet constitutes an integral part of the agreement encountered during these meetings. Section A provides a comprehensive review of the currently available Classifications and Outcome Scores for shoulder disorders, illustrating their potential pitfalls and limitations. Section B presents a summary of the Acromio-Clavicular Joint (ACJ) Consensus Summit, describing pioneering techniques to re-establish shoulder function after dislocation. Section C describes the current state of evidence of Rotator Cuff Disorders, providing novel theories regarding its underlying biomechanics and reconstruction techniques. The 2009-2013 ISAKOS UEC members hope the readers find this compendium an insightful update for daily shoulder management.
- Shoulder instability 2011, Springer
- Sine syndromes in rheumatology 2014, SpringerSine syndromes (SSs) represent atypical forms of inflammatory rheumatic diseases, the courses of which are often severe. While the diagnosis of rheumatic diseases can be determined according to an established set of diagnostic criteria based on clinical characteristics and laboratory parameters, Sine Syndromes do not fulfill the standard criteria used to assist in the classification of patients with rheumatological disorders. This concise book gives an overview of atypical courses in common inflammatory rheumatic diseases such as Wegener's granulomatosis, systemic sclerosis, Sjögren's syndrome, or systemic lupus erythematosus. Each chapter reviews similar cases reported in the literature and presents current data on treatment options. Drawing on their vast clinical experience, the editors provide a series of detailed case reports in order to illustrate the different types of disease. The book is intended to facilitate early diagnosis and effective therapy in patients where a schematic approach may not prove sufficient. Sine Syndromes in Rheumatology will serve as a useful and easily accessible reference for specialists in rheumatology as well as for practitioners in the fields of internal medicine, pediatrics, and orthopedics.
- Skeletal atlas of child abuse 2011, SpringerSkeletal examination method -- Skull fractures -- Rib fractures -- Fractures of the vertebral column, sternum, scapulae, and clavicles -- Long bone fractures -- Healing and interpretation -- Natural disease may mimic child abuse.
- Skeletal trauma 2008, CRCnetBASEAn Epidemiological approach to forensic investigations of violations to international humanitarian and human rights law -- Differential diagnosis of skeletal trauma -- Blasting injuries -- Blunt force trauma -- Skeletal evidence of torture -- Sharp force trauma -- Gunfire injuries -- Variation in gunfire wounds by skeletal region.
- Skeletal trauma in children. 4th ed. 2009, MD ConsultSkeletal growth, development, and healing as related to pediatric trauma / Stephen L. Frick, Eric T. Jones -- Physeal injuries / Manoj Ramachandran, David L. Skaggs -- Pathologic fractures in children / Herbert S. Schwartz, Ginger E. Holt -- The multiply injured child / John H. Wilber, George H. Thompson, Jochen Son-Hing -- Fractures with soft tissue injuries / Sanjeev Sabharwal, Fred F. Behrens -- Complications of fractures in children / Robert N. Hensinger -- Outcomes assessment in children with fractures / James G. Wright, Nancy L. Young -- Fractures and dislocations of the forearm, wrist, and hand / Martin Dolan, Peter M. Waters -- Fractures and dislocations about the elbow / Neil E. Green, Nathan L. Van Zeeland --Fractures and dislocations about the shoulder / James F. Mooney III, Lawrence X. Webb -- Fractures of the spine / Gregory A. Mencio, Clinton J. Devin -- Fractures and dislocations about the hips and pelvis / Marc F. Swiontkowski -- Fractures of the femoral shaft / Jeffrey Shilt -- Fractures and dislocations about the knee / Lewis E. Zionts -- Fractures of the tibula and fibula / George H. Thompson, Jochen Son-Hing -- Fractures and dislocations of the foot and ankle / Alvin H. Crawford, Mohammed J. Al-Sayyad, Charles T. Mehlman -- Nonaccidental trauma / Jeffrey Shilt, Neil E. Green, Kathryn E. Cramer -- Anesthesia and analgesia for the ambulatory management of children's fractures / Eric C. McCarty, Gregory A. Mencio -- Rehabilitation of the child with multiple injuries / Louise Z. Spierre ... [et al.] -- Skeletal trauma in young adults / Kevin Shea, Eric W. Edmonds, Henry Chambers.
- Skeletal trauma. 4th ed. 2009, MD Consultv. 1. General principles, spine, pelvis -- v. 2. Upper extremity, lower extremity.
- Special procedures in foot and ankle surgery 2013, SpringerSpecial Procedures in Foot and Ankle Surgery is designed for foot and ankle surgeons who desire to take their skill set to the next level. Advanced surgical techniques are highlighted for some of the more difficult problems encountered by foot and ankle surgeons such as Charcot deformity, chronic tendinopathies, osteochondral lesions, total ankle arthroplasty, tumors, adult flatfoot, cavus and Rheumatoid foot. The latest techniques, including endoscopic approaches are highlighted. This book is designed for all levels of foot and ankle surgeons to better care for their patients.
- Spinal injuries and conditions in young athletes 2014, SpringerSpinal Injuries and Conditions in Young Athletes provides a comprehensive, in-depth review of the mechanisms and management of back injuries and problems occurring in this ever-growing and active population. Led by Dr. Lyle Micheli and his co-editors, an award-winning group of orthopedists discusses and explores common adolescent spine injuries and procedures, in addition to breakthroughs in gene therapy, tissue engineering, and complex operations. As spine surgery is among the most complex and challenging procedures performed in orthopedics, special considerations and procedures are required in pediatric populations. Since many corrective surgeries run the risk of arthritis later in life, particular efforts must be made in young populations to prevent future injury in a child's adolescence and young adulthood while maximizing return-to-play potential. Chapters cover acute spinal injuries, concussions, overuse injuries, spinal malformations, tumors, infections and inflammatory diseases across the range of athletics, including swimming and combat sports. Spinal Injuries and Conditions in Young Athletes provides an immeasurable guide for back surgery in pediatric populations and will be a go-to resource for practitioners and residents in pediatric orthopedics and sports medicine.
- Spine secrets plus. 2nd ed. 2012, ScienceDirect
- Spine surgery basics 2014, SpringerSpine surgery has increasingly become a surgical field of its own, with a distinct body of knowledge. While available textbooks cover the intricacies of spine surgery and provide extensive information on each pathology, these books are not geared towards the requirements of the novice and are insufficiently portable for the busy resident to carry while on rounds or on call. This easy-to-use book, written by acknowledged experts, is designed to meet such needs by providing essential information on spine pathology, diagnostic evaluation, surgical procedures, and other treatments. After an opening general section, degenerative spinal disease, pediatric spine conditions, spine trauma, spine tumors, infections, inflammatory disorders, and metabolic conditions are all discussed in more depth. Alongside description and evaluation of surgical options, important background information is included on pathology, presentation, diagnosis, and nonsurgical treatments. Potential complications of surgery are also carefully considered. Spine Surgery Basics will be an invaluable practical aid for all who are embarking on a career in spinal surgery or require a ready reference that can be consulted during everyday clinical practice.
- Spine technology handbook 2006, ScienceDirectFulltext MyiLibraryOver the past decade, there has been rapid growth in bioengineering applications in the field of spine implants. This book explains the technical foundation for understanding and expanding the field of spine implants, reviews the major established technologies related to spine implants, and provides reference material for developing and commercializing new spine implants. The editors, who have a track record of collaboration and editing technical books, provide a unified approach to this topic in the most comprehensive and useful book to date. Related website provides the latest information on spine technology including articles and research papers on the latest technology and development. Major technologies reviewed include devices used for fusion (screws, plates, rods, and cages), disc repair and augmentation, total disc replacement, and vertebral body repair and augmentation. Technology landscape, review of published/public domain data currently available, and safety and efficacy of technology discussed in detail.
- Spine trauma 2010, Springer
- Sports hernia and athletic pubalgia 2014, SpringerSports hernias are an increasingly recognized problem in athletics, presenting a challenge for team physicians and other health care providers regarding their diagnosis and management. Confusion is magnified by the various treatment methods that exist, both surgical and non-surgical. Sports Hernia and Athletic Pubalgia is the first text devoted solely to the topic of sports hernia and will examine its etiology and diagnosis, as well as how to differentiate it from other problems involving the athlete's hip area and other injuries it often correlates and interacts with, such as femoroacetabular impingement. It covers all current approaches to treatment, from open approaches to minimally invasive approaches, and discusses rehabilitation and return to play. Comprised of contributions from an international array of expert clinicians and thought leaders, this is the immediate authoritative book on the subject of sports hernias.
- Sports injuries of the foot 2014, SpringerSports Injuries of the Foot is the go-to text for the management and treatment of foot injuries in athletes, demonstrating the current state-of-the-art techniques in assessment, testing and treatment. Organized anatomically beginning with the toes and working down the foot, it covers such common athletic injuries as turf toe, bunions, MTP instability, and midfoot and navicular fractures, all in the context of athletic activity. Attention is also given to special considerations for the adolescent and female athlete, with an eye toward return to play. Written by clinicians for clinicians, it will be an invaluable resource for orthopedists, podiatrists, team physicians, athletic trainers and primary care providers alike.
- In recent years, research studies into sports injuries have provided healthcare professionals with a better understanding of their etiology and natural history. On this basis, novel concepts in the diagnosis and management of these conditions are now being explored. This timely book offers a complete guide to the latest knowledge on the diagnosis and treatment of the full range of possible sports injuries. Individual sections are devoted to biomechanics, injury prevention, and the still emerging treatment role of growth factors, which foster more rapid tissue healing. Sports injuries of each body region are then examined in detail, with special attention to diagnostic issues and the most modern treatment techniques. In addition, pediatric sports injuries, extreme sports injuries, the role of physiotherapy, and future developments are extensively discussed. All who are involved in the care of patients with sports injuries will find this textbook to be an invaluable, comprehensive, and up-to-date reference.
- Sports Medicine and Arthroscopic Surgery of the Foot and Ankle is an invaluable source of information for the sports medicine practitioner who performs foot and ankle surgery. All the common sports injuries of the foot and ankle that may require surgery are covered. The latest techniques, including arthroscopic approaches are highlighted. This unique text is designed to be a reference for all levels who want the best resource for their sports medicine foot and ankle patients who may require surgery.
- Studies on arthritis and joint disorders 2013, SpringerJoint diseases are a major public health concern. Reactive oxygen species are mediators in pathways associated with joint tissue injury. Oxidative Stress in Applied Basic Research and Clinical Practice: Studies on Arthritis and Joint Disorders provides background to understanding the role of reactive oxygen species in joint diseases, as well as therapeutic strategies for their regulation. International experts discuss recent advances on experimental and clinical data focused on free radical-mediated mechanisms of disease. The book also addresses the protective role of antioxidants against the insult of reactive oxygen species in rheumatic diseases.
- Surgery for low back pain 2010, Springer
- Surgery of shoulder instability 2013, SpringerThis book addresses shoulder instability--all comers because the extreme variability of patients and pathology must be matched with a variety of techniques.
- Surgical exposures in orthopaedics. 4th ed. 2009, OvidThe shoulder -- The humerus -- The elbow -- The forearm -- The wrist and hand -- The spine -- Pelvis and acetabulum -- The hip -- The femur -- The knee -- The tibia and fibula -- The ankle and foot -- Approaches for external fixation.
- Talar osteochondral defects 2014, Springer
- Taylor's Musculoskeletal problems and injuries 2006, SpringerDisorders of the back and neck -- Disorders of the upper extremity -- Disorders of the lower extremity -- Osteoarthritis -- Rheumatoid arthritis and related disorders -- Selected disordeers of the musculoskeletal system -- Musculoskeletal problems of children -- Osteoporosis -- Gout -- Athletic injuries -- Care of acute lacerations -- Selected injuries.
- Techniques in cartilage repair surgery 2014, Springer"Cartilage defects are common. Cartilage repair surgery is not only fascinating but also surgically challenging. There are books dealing with basic science and some surgical aspect. This book fills a gap in surgical techniques for cartilage repair. All of the surgical chapters are logically organised, covering patient selection, patient setup/positioning, surgical approach, potential complications and troubleshooting. An attempt is made to compare with various surgical techniques. This book also covers anaesthesia, postoperative follow-up, pain management and rehabilitation. Both the editors and the authors are renowned experts in the field. This book will be invaluable for orthopaedic and sports medicine surgeons (consultants and training doctors) and is also of potential interest to physiotherapists, medical students, general practitioners, physical medicine and rehabilitation specialists, and rheumatology specialists."--Publisher's website.
- Tendon injuries 2005, SpringerPart I. Basic Sciences, Etiology, Pathomechanics, and Imaging --1. Anatomy of Tendons / Moira O'Brien, p. 3-13 -- 2. Mechanical Properties of Tendons / Constantinos Maganaris and Marco Narici, p. 14-21 -- 3. Growth and Development of Tendons / Laurence Dahners, p. 22-24 -- 4. Aging and Degeneration of Tendons / Pekka Kannus, Mika Paavola and Lászlo Józsa, p. 25-31 -- 5. Epidemiology of Tendon Problems in Sport / Mika Paavola, Pekka Kannus and Markku Järvinen, p. 32-39 -- 6. Neurogenic, Mast Cell, and Gender Variables in Tendon Biology: Potential Role in Chronic Tendinopathy / David Hart, Cyril Frank, Alison Kydd, Tyler Ivie, Paul Sciore and Carol Reno, p. 40-48 -- 7. Imaging of Tendon Ailments / Tudor Hughes, p. 49-60 -- Part II. Anatomical Sites and Presentation -- 8. Injury of the Musculotendinous Junction / Jude Sullivan and Thomas Best, p. 63-69 -- 9. Insertional Tendinopathy in Sports / Per Renström and Thomas Hach, p. 70-85 -- 10. Tendon Avulsions in Children and Adolescents / Sakari Orava and Urho Kujala, p. 86-89.
- Tendon transfer for irreparable cuff tear 2011, Springer
- Thromboembolism in orthopedic surgery 2013, Springer1. Thromboembolism in Orthopedic Surgery: Scope of the Problem / Bengt I. Eriksson and Ola E. Dahl -- 2. Incidence of Venous Thromboembolism in Orthopedic Surgery / Ajay K. Kakkar and Sophie K. Rushton-Smith -- 3. Specific Risk Factors for Venous Thromboembolism in Orthopedics / Lasse J. Lapidus -- 4. Diagnosis and Treatment of Deep Vein Thrombosis and Pulmonary Embolism After Major Joint Surgery / Manuel Monreal and Juan I. Arcelus -- 5. Drugs for Thromboprophylaxis: Unfractionated Heparin, Low Molecular Weight Heparin, Warfarin, and Fondaparinux / José Aguirre and Alain Borgeat -- 6. New Drugs for Thromboprophylaxis: Apixaban, Dabigatran, Rivaroxaban / Raquel Ferrandis -- 7. Effectiveness of Mechanical Devices in Orthopedic Surgery / David J. Warwick -- 8. Anesthetic Implications of Thromboprophylaxis / Sibylle A. Kozek-Langenecker -- 9. Thromboprophylaxis in High-Risk Orthopedic Surgery: Total Hip and Knee Arthroplasty and Hip Fracture / Juan V. Llau and Raquel Ferrandis -- 10. Thromboprophylaxis in Day Surgery: Knee Arthroscopy and Ligamentoplasty (Ligament Reconstruction) / James E. Muntz, Steven E. Flores, and Walter R. Lowe -- 11. Thromboprophylaxis in Special Patients: Multiple Trauma, Head Trauma, and Spine Surgery / Maria J. Colomina, Lidia Mora, and Esther Ciércoles -- 12. Management of Antiaggregated and Anticoagulated Patients Scheduled for Orthopedic Surgery / Raquel Ferrandis and Juan V. Llau.
- Total hip arthroplasty 2013, SpringerPart I: Ceramic-on-Ceramic Articulations -- Technology and Handling of Ceramic Implants -- Long-Term Stability of Ceramic Composite in Total Hip Arthroplasty -- Ceramic-Ceramic Bearing in Difficult Hips (Primary and Revision) -- Alumina-on-Alumina Bearings in Hip Arthroplasty: What Every Surgeon Should Know -- Part II: Metal-on-Metal Articulations -- Metal-on-Metal Resurfacing and the Cost to the Nation: A Conservative Estimate of the Unexpected Costs Required to Implement the New Metal-on-Metal Follow-Up Programme in the UK -- A Clinicopathological Study of Metal-on-Metal Hips Revised for Suspected Adverse Reactions to Metal Debris -- Metal-on-Metal Bearings and Surgical Techniques in Active Patients with Severe Hip Deformity -- The Incidence of Pseudotumour in Metal-on-Metal Hip Resurfacing and the Results of a Screening Tool for Patient Recall -- Part III: Polyethylene - Standard and New Improvements -- New Polys and Large Heads: Clinical Aspects -- The Influence of Head Material on Polyethylene Wear -- Basic Science and Longtime Results of Different Polyethylene Articulations -- Part IV: Large Diameter Heads -- Head Size and Metal-on-Metal Bearings -- Aseptic Loosening of Metal-on-Metal (MOM) Total Hip Arthroplasties (THA) with Large-Diameter Heads -- Large Head Articulations: Benefits and Drawbacks -- Can the Increased Loosening Rate of the Modular-Neck Hip Systems Be Attributed to Geometric Design Parameters? An Alternative Approach Using Finite Element Analysis -- Fracture of the Titanium Neck in a Modular Femoral Component -- Part V: Clinical Aspects -- Wear of Hard-on-Hard Bearings in the Hip: The Influence of Loss of Conformity Under Edge Loading -- Considerations for the Use of Bearing Partners in Total Hip Arthroplasty -- Total Hip Arthroplasty Using a Short, Metaphyseal-Fitting Anatomic Cementless Femoral Component in Patients with Femoral Head Osteonecrosis Who Are Less than 30 Years Old -- Survival of Monoblock Acetabular Cups Versus an Uncemented Modular Cup Design: A Population-Based Study from the Swedish Hip Arthroplasty Register.
- Total hip arthroplasty 2012, SpringerIntroduction: Tribology of hip prostheses -- wear performance and reliability -- effect of materials and head size -- How to treat failures related to articulation. Polyethylene articulations: Oxidation prevention with vitamin E in a HXLPE isoelastic monoblock pressfit cup -- Preliminary results -- In-Vitro Wear Testing of Conventional vs. Sequentially Cross-Linked Polyethylene Liners in Combination with Different Ceramic Femoral Heads -- Characterization of Vitamin E-blended UHMWPE for higher in vivo performance in orthopaedic arthroplasty -- Long-term reduction of wear and osteolysis with crosslinked PE? 13-years follow-up of a prospectively randomized comparison with conventional PE. Metal articulations: Metal-on-metal bearings in hip surgery: The London Implant Retrieval Centre Experience -- Total Hip Arthroplasty with a large diameter metal-on-metal cup (Durom) and a standard stem -- Short term results -- Polyethylene wear in metal-backed cups -- A retrospective analysis of 200 uncemented metal-backed cups. Immunological adverse reaction associated with low carbide content metal-on-metal bearings in a contemporary cementless total hip arthroplasty. Ceramic articulations: Fracture and squeaking in ceramic-on-ceramic bearings -- is it really a concern?- Long term stability of ceramic composite in total hip arthroplasty -- Ceramic-on-ceramic bearings in hip arthroplasty: a clinical review. Miscellaneous: Study of a titanium dual mobility socket with a mean follow-up of 18 years -- ECIMATM for low wear, good mechanical properties and oxidation resistance of hip bearings.
- Total knee replacement 2003, NLMAssesses the current state of the science regarding primary and revision total knee replacements. References appear in 5 broad categories that parallel topics presented at the conference, with many of the topics further broken down. Citations may appear in only one category.
- Trauma management in orthopedics 2013, SpringerTrauma Management in Orthopedics has been written to serve as a general introduction to the field of trauma in the field of orthopedics. It is composed of a number of commonly seen disorders and with a corresponding therapeutic pathway, clearly explained with numerous xrays and diagrams to aid the reader in their understanding of these useful procedures.The book is intended as a basic resource for trainees and junior surgeons, but will also be useful to more experienced specialists who require an easy to follow clinical guide to assist in day to day practice of orthopedic trauma management.
- Trauma surgery. Volume 1, Trauma management, trauma critical care, orthopaedic trauma and neuro-trauma 2014, SpringerTrauma surgery has increasingly become a specialized field inspired by different principles and philosophy. A good trauma surgeon is a surgeon who knows how to perform abdominal vascular, thoracic, urologic, gynecologic, and orthopaedic procedures and is able to repair multiple traumatic injuries in the best sequence possible. In this first volume, practical, up-to-date guidance is provided on the optimal critical care and ICU management of trauma patients. In addition, individual chapters focus on specific injuries in orthopaedic trauma (and especially spinal trauma) and neurotrauma, with the aim of providing a fresh view of the surgical approach and practical suggestions for improving the skills of treating surgeons. Educational issues and the organization of a trauma center are also covered. The volume will be a handy pocket guide for trainee surgeons and any surgeon, physician, or nurse who treats trauma patients. It will be particularly relevant for emergency department physicians, critical care and ICU doctors, orthopaedic surgeons, neurosurgeons, and professionals responsible for trauma care and decision making, programs of trauma education, or organization of a trauma center.
- Traumatic injuries of the knee 2013, SpringerDistal femoral fractures -- Tibial plateau fractures -- Patellar fractures -- Patellar dislocations and osteochondral fractures -- Traumatic knee dislocation -- Floating knee -- Nonunion and malunion around the knee -- Knee extensor mechanism injuries -- Anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injuries -- Runner's knee and pataellar tendinopathy.
- Treatment of bone and soft tissue sarcomas 2009, Springer
- Treatment of elbow lesions 2007, Springer1. Anatomy and Biomechanics of the Elbow / A. Celli -- 2. The Clinical Examination of the Elbow / A. Hinssche, D. Stanley -- 3. Imaging of the Elbow / V. Spina, L. Baldini -- 4. Elbow Surgical Approaches / A. Celli, L. Celli -- 5. The Treatment of Distal Humerus Fractures / S.W. O'Driscoll -- 6. The Fractures of the Olecranon / J.E. Adams, S.P. Steinmann -- 7. The Radial Head Fractures / M.W. Hartman, S.P. Steinmann -- 8. The Treatment of Coronoid Fractures and their Complications / A.G. Schneeberger -- 9. Lateral Collateral Ligament Injury / D. Stanley -- 10. The Complex Dislocations of the Elbow / G.J.W. King -- 11. The Fracture-Dislocation of the Forearm (Monteggia and Essex-Lopresti Lesions) / A. Celli, M.C. Marongiu, M. Fontana, L. Celli -- 12. The Instability after Radial Head Excision / S.L. Jensen -- 13. The Radial Head Prosthesis: Historical Perspective / C. Rovesta, C. Minervini, G. Bonanno, L. Celli -- 14. The Swanson Radial Head Prosthesis / B. Martinelli -- 15. Bipolar Radial Head Prosthesis / A. Celli -- 16. Evolve Modular Metallic Radial Head Arthroplasty / G.J.W. King -- 17. Radial Head Prosthetic Replacement with the Avanta Implant / B.F. Morrey -- 18. Radial Head Replacement with a Pyrocarbon Head Prothesis: Preliminary Results of a Multicentric Prospective Study / Y. Allieu, M. Winter, J.P. Pequignot, P. De Mourgues -- 19. Elbow Stiffness / A. Celli, L. Celli -- 20. The Arthroscopic Treatment of the Stiff Elbow / S.W. O'Driscoll -- 21. The Surgery of Neglected Distal Humerus Fractures in Children and Adults / L.P. Müller, M. Hansen, B.F. Morrey, K.J. Prommersberger, P.M. Rommens -- 22. Total Elbow Replacement for Rheumatoid Arthritis / B.F. Morrey -- 23. Total Elbow Arthroplasty in Acute Fracture / A. Celli -- 24. Latitude Convertible Total Elbow Prosthesis / G.J.W. King, K. Yamaguchi, S.W. O'Driscoll -- 25. Total Elbow Arthroplasty for Post-traumatic Arthrosis / A.G. Schneeberger, B.F. Morrey -- 26. Revision of Failed Elbow Arthroplasty / B.F. Morrey -- 27. Elbow Nerve Tunnel Syndromes / A. Celli, C. Rovesta, M.C. Marongiu -- 28. Traumatic Isolated Lesions of Musculocutaneous Nerve / C. Rovesta, M.C. Marongiu, G. Bonanno, A. Celli, L. Celli -- 29. The Traumatic Nerve-Vascular Lesions / R. Adani, G. Leo, L. Tarallo -- 30. The Utility of Continuous Axial Brachial Plexus Catheters after Surgery / F. Gazzotti, L.V. Indrizzi, G. Magni, E. Bertellini, A. Tassi -- 31. Elbow Brace in Physical Therapy / R. Rotini, A. Marinelli.
- Treatment of osteoarthritic change in the hip 2007, Springer
- Tribology in total hip and knee arthroplasty 2014, SpringerWear and osteolysis are still the most important potential problems in total hip and knee arthroplasty. Although technology in arthroplasty has been improved dramatically during the past decade, the clinical data relating to some implants reveal that many concerns remain. During the "Tribology Day" within the scientific programme of the 2013 EFORT Congress in Istanbul, the main topics included these concerns as well as the benefits of the materials most commonly used in total hip and knee arthroplasty. This book includes the presentations delivered on the day and covers a range of interesting issues regarding metal, ceramic, and polyethylene articulations. It provides information on the current concepts relating to tribology in total hip arthroplasty and offers a critical outlook on possible improvements in total knee arthroplasty.
- Tribology in total hip arthroplasty 2011, Springer
- UHMWPE biomaterials handbook. 2nd ed. 2009, ScienceDirectFulltext KnovelA primer on UHMWPE / Steven M. Kurtz -- From ethylene gas to UHMWPE component : the process of producing orthopedic implants / Steven M. Kurtz -- Packaging and sterilization of UHMWPE / Steven M. Kurtz -- The origins of UHMWPE in total hip arthroplasty / Steven M. Kurtz -- The clinical performance of UHMWPE hip replacements / Steven M. Kurtz -- Contemporary total hip arthoplasty : hard-on-hard bearings and highly crosslinked UHMWPE / Steven M. Kurtz, Kevin Ong -- The origins and adaptations of UHMWPE for knee replacements / Steven M. Kurtz -- The clinical performance of UHMWPE in knee replacements / Steven M. Kurtz -- The clinical performance of UHMWPE in shoulder replacements / Stefan M. Gabriel -- The clinical performance of UHMWPE in elbow replacements / Judd S. Day -- Applications of UHMWPE in total ankle replacements / Allyson Ianuzzi, Chimba Mkandawire -- The clinical performance of UHMWPE in the spine / Steven M. Kurtz, Marta L. Villarraga, Allyson Ianuzzi -- Highly crosslinked and melted UHMWPE / Orhun K. Muratoglu -- Highly crosslinked and annealed UHMWPE / John H. Dumbleton, Aiguo Wang, Kate Sutton ...[et al.] -- Highly crosslinked UHMWPE doped with vitamin E / Ebru Oral, Orhun K. Muratoglu -- Vitamin-E-blended UHMWPE biomaterials / Steven M. Kurtz, Pierangiola Bracco, Luigi Costa -- Composite UHMWPE biomaterials and fibers / Steven M. Kurtz -- UHMWPE / hyluronan microcomposite biomaterials / Susan P. James, Rachel (Kurkowski) Oldinski, Min Zhang ...[et al.] -- High pressure crystallized UHMWPEs / Anuj Bellare, Steven M. Kurtz -- Compendium of highly crosslinked UHMWPEs / Steven M. Kurtz -- Mechanisms of crosslinking, oxidative degradation and stabilization of UHMWPE / Luigi Costa, Pierangiola Bracco -- In vivo of UHMWPE / Steven M. Kurtz -- Pathophysiologic reactions to UHMWPE wear particles / Marla J. Steinbeck, Ryan M. Baxter, Theresa A. Freeman -- Characterization of physical, chemical, and mechanical properties of UHMWPE / Stephen Spielgelberg -- Tribological assessment of UHMWPE in the hip / Aaron Essner MS, Aiguo Wang -- Tribological assessment of UHMWPE in the knee / Hani Haider -- Characterization of UHMWPE wear particles / Tipper JL., Richards L., Ingham E. ...[et al.] -- Clinical surveillance of UHMWPE using radiographic methods / Charles R. Bragdon -- ESR insights into macroradicals in UHMWPE / M. Shah Jahan -- Fatigue and fracture of UHMWPE / Francisco J. Medel, Jevan Furmanski -- Development and application of the notched tensile test to UHMWPE / Michael C. Sobieraj, Clare M. Rimnac -- Development and application of the small punch test to UHMWPE / Avram A. Edidin -- Nano- and microindentation testing of UHMWPE / Jeremy L. Gilbert, James D. Wernle -- MicroCT analysis of wear and damage in UHMWPE / Daniel MacDonald, Anton Bowden, Steven M. Kurtz -- Computer modeling and simulation of UHMWPE / Anton E. Bowden, Erin Oneida, Jorgen Bergström.
- Ultrasound of the musculoskeletal system 2007, Springer
- Ultrasound-guided musculoskeletal procedures. The upper limb 2012, Springerpt. 1.General Aspects of US-guided Musculoskeletal Procedures --General Aspects of US-guided Musculoskeletal Procedures /Armando Conchiglia, Lorenzo Maria Gregori, Luigi Zugaro and Carlo Masciocchi --pt. I.The Shoulder --The Shoulder: Focused US Anatomy and Examination Technique /Enzo Silvestri and Davide Orlandi --Subacromial-Subdeltoid Bursa Injections /Enzo Silvestri --Treament of Calcific Tendinitis of the Rotator Cuff /Giovanni Serafini and Luca Maria Sconfienza --Calcific Enthesopathy Dry-Needling /Francesca Lacelli --Hyaluronic Supplementation of the Subacromial Space /Giovanni Serafini --Intra-articular Injections /Francesca Lacelli --Long Head of the Biceps Brachii Tendon Injection /Luca Maria Sconfienza --Acromioclavicular Joint Injection /Enzo Silvestri --pt. II.The Elbow --The Elbow: Focused US Anatomy and Examination Technique /Enzo Silvestri and Emanuele Fabbro --Treatment of Lateral Epicondylitis /Giovanni Serafini --Treatment of Medial Epicondylitis /Enzo Silvestri --Olecranon Bursa Drainage /Francesca Lacelli --Intra-articular Injections /Luca Maria Sconfienza --pt. III.The Wrist --The Wrist: Focused US Anatomy and Examination Technique /Enzo Silvestri and Giulio Ferrero --Treament of De Quervain's Disease and Other Forms of Tenosynovitis /Giovanni Serafini --Articular Ganglia Drainage /Leonardo Callegari --Trapeziometacarpal Joint Injection /Francesca Lacelli --Radiocarpal Joint Injections /Luca Maria Sconfienza --pt. IV.The Hand --The Hand: Focused US Anatomy and Examination Technique --Francesca Lacelli and Chiara Martini --Treatment of Trigger Finger /Leonardo Callegari --Intra-articular Injections: Metacarpophalangeal and Interphalangeal Joints /Luca Maria Sconfienza.
- Well-cemented total hip arthroplasty 2005, Springer
- Wrist arthroscopy 2005, Springer
- Young adult hip in sport 2014, SpringerThis book reviews the anatomy, imaging, and variety of surgical modalities available for the full spectrum of presentations of hip disease. Coverage ranges from problems in childhood and adolescence that limit activity, all the way through to sports-related problems with articular cartilage, the labrum, and impingement.
- 5-minute orthopaedic consult. 2nd ed. — Common musculoskeletal problems (100)
- Complex fractures of the limbs — Infection and local treatment in orthopedic surgery (100)
- Inherited neuromuscular diseases — Pediatric orthopaedic secrets. 3rd ed. (100)
- Pediatric orthopedic deformities — Young adult hip in sport (90)
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
Bookmark on other websites
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases