Books by Subject
364 to 482 of 482 titles
View by page
- 5-minute orthopaedic consult. 2nd ed. — Diagnostic imaging of the hand (121)
- Diet, nutrients, and bone health — Learning musculoskeletal imaging (121)
- Lovell and Winter's pediatric orthopaedics. editors, Stuart L. Weinstine and John M. (Jack) Flynn.. 7th ed. — Personalized management of head & neck cancer (121)
- Physeal injury other than fracture — Young adult hip in sport (119)
- Physeal injury other than fracture 2012, SpringerVascular Deficiency --Disuse --Infection --Tumor --Metabolic --Neural --Cold Injury (Frostbite) --Heat Injury (Burns) --Electric Injuries --Compression --Distraction --Stress --Irradiation --Light Waves --Sound Waves --Shock Waves --Atmospheric Pressure --Oxygen --Developmental --Surgical --Unknown.
- Pocket guide to musculoskeletal diagnosis 2006, SpringerNeck pain and shooting arm pain -- Shoulder pain -- Elbow pain -- Wrist and hand pain -- Low back pain, hip pain, and shooting leg pain -- Knee pain -- Ankle pain -- Foot pain.
- Positional plagiocephaly 2014, Springer
- This is the second edition of a superbly illustrated manual on neck dissection that will serve as a roadmap for advanced surgeons and beginners alike. The reader is guided through the various cervical structures in a series of chapters depicting the methods employed by surgeons operating in vivo. The illustrations provide an overview of all surgical anatomy relevant to the treatment of oncologic patients. Compared with the first edition, revisions have been made when appropriate and an important new chapter has been added on microscopic anatomy and laryngeal cancer.
- Practical musculoskeletal ultrasound. Second edition. [2nd ed.] 2014, ClinicalKeyShoulder: Anatomy and Techniques -- Shoulder 1: Supraspinatus Tendon -- Shoulder 2: The SASD Bursa, Rotator Interval and Other Rotator Cuff Tendons -- Shoulder 3: Beyond the Rotator Cuff -- Arm and Elbow Joint: Anatomy and Techniques -- Disorders of the Elbow: Lateral -- Disorders of the Elbow: Medial -- Disorders of the Elbow: Anterior -- Disorders of the Elbow: Posterior -- Forearm and Wrist Joint: Anatomy and Techniques -- Disorders of the Wrist: Radial -- Disorders of the Wrist: Ulnar Side -- Disorders of the Wrist: Miscellaneous -- Finger Anatomy and Techniques -- Disorders of the Fingers and Hand -- Hip Joint and Thigh: Anatomy and Techniques -- Disorders of the Groin and Hip: Groin Pain -- Disorders of the Groin and Hip: Anterior -- Disorders of the Groin and Hip: Lateral and Posterior -- Disorders of the Groin and Hip: Paediatric Hip -- Knee Joint and Calf: Anatomy and Techniques -- Knee Pat hology -- Ankle Joint and Forefoot: Anatomy and Techniques -- Disorders of the Ankle and Foot: Posterior -- Disorders of the Ankle and Foot: Anterior -- Disorders of the Ankle and Foot: Lateral -- Disorders of the Ankle and Foot: Medial -- Disorders of the Ankle and Foot: Forefoot -- Musculoskeletal Intervention: General Principles -- Specific Intervention Techniques -- Ultrasound of Soft Tissue Masses -- Ultrasound Imaging of Joint Disease -- Ultrasound of Muscle Injury.
- Periarticular ligamentous tissue: a biochemical and physiologic assessment /David Amiel, Sakae Sano --Meniscus /Julie A. dodds, Steven P. Arnoczky --Articular cartilage: a brief review of its structure, function, and repair /Wayne H. Akeson, William Bugbee --Skeletal muscle and tendon /Thomas M. Best, John J. Wilson --Cervical spine injuries in the athlete /Rahul Banerjee, Michael P. Bradley, Mark A. Palumbo, Paul D. Fadale --The thoracolumbar spine /Donald Chow --Functional spinal rehabilitation /Lorraine Hendry --Scapulothoracic dysfunction, burners, stingers, thoracic outlet syndrome, and miscellaneous nerve injuries /Marc R. Safran, Anthony C. Luke --Head injures and concussion /Andrew d. Pearle, Ronnie Barnes, Russell F. Warren --Shoulder anatomy and biomechanics /Dawn L. Swarm, Andrew T. Mahar, Derek W. Weichel, Robert A. Pedowitz --Shoulder impingement /James Patrick Tasto, John K. Locke --Shoulder labral tears and instability /George F. Hatch III, John G. costouros, Peter J. MIllett, Jon J.P. Warner --The rotator cuff /Richard K.N. Ryu, Graham R. Hurvitz --Cartilage /Coarlos A. Guanche --Pectoralis major tendon ruptures /George K. Bal, Carl J. Bansamania --Acute injuries: shoulder fractures and acromioclavicular and sternoclavicular joint injuries /Robert Talac, Joel J. Smith --Adhesive capsulitis /Scott P. Fischer, Serge Kaska --Arthroscopic rotator cuff repair /James C. Esch, Jeffrey W. Taborlane --Thermal treatment, sutures, knots, and bone anchors /Robert A. Pedowitz --Throwing injuries /Walter A. Thomas, Heinz R. Hoenecke, Jan Fronek --Principles of shoulder rehabilitation /Benjamin D. Rubin --Elbow injuries /Ronald M. Selby, Marc R. Safran, Stephen J. O'Brien --Injuries of the wrist and hand /Ethan R. Wiesler, Jian Shen, Anastasios Papadonikolakis --Anatomy and kinematics of the hip /Mark R. Hutchinson, John Hung, J.W. Thomas Byrd --Hip arthroscopy /Michael H. Dienst --Intra-articular lesions /Aaron A. Bare, Carlos A. Guanche --Hip morphology and related pathology /J.W. Thomas Byrd --Extra-articular lesions /Aaron A. Bare, Carlos A. Guanche --Snapping hip syndrome /J.W. Thomas Byrd --Occult groin injuries: athletic pubalgia, sports hernia, and osteitis pubis /Michael B. Gerhardt, John A. Brown, Eric Giza --Sports related boney lesions of the hip: fractures, stress fractures, avulsion, AVN, dislocation, and subluxation /Carlos A.M. Higuera, Joshua M. Polster, Wael K. Barsoum, Viktor E. Krebs --Basic science of the knee /Donald H. Hohnson, Paul Johnson, Ali Alsuwaidi --The anterior cruciate ligament --Anterior cruciate reconstruction /Andrew Pickle, Aaron Campbell, Donald H. Johnson --Posterior mini-incision ACLR hamstring harvest /Chadwick Prodromos --Anatomic double bundle anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction /Steven B. Cohen, James Starman, Freddie H. Fu --Ligament injury and pain management /R. Lance Synder, Eric C. McCarty --Medial collateral ligament /Donald H. Johnson --Posterior cruciate ligament and posterolateral reconstruction /Gregory C. Fanelli -Posterior curciate ligament reconstruction with the posterior inlay graft /Donald H. Johnson --The ACL PCL injured (dislocated) knee /Gregory C. Fanellis, Daniel R. Orcutt, Justin D. Harris, David Zijerdi, Craig J. Edson --The meniscus /Monika Voleshy, Donald H. Johnson --Meniscus allografts /Walter R. Shelton --Patellar problems in athletes /Jeffrey Halbrecht --Fractures - tibial plateau, distal femur, patella, avulsions of the intercondylar eminence, Osgood-Schlatter disease /James H. Lubowitz, Wylie S. Elson, Dan Guttmann --Tendon disorders /William D. Stanish, Horacio Yepes, Amro Al-Hibshi --Chondral injuries and osteoarthritis --Chondral injuries in the knee /F. Alan Barber --Osteochondritis dissecans on the knee /Dawn L. Swarm, Robert A. PedowitzCartilage transplantation /Alberto Gobbi, Ramces A. Francisco --High tibial osteotomy /Tim Spalding, Price A.M. Gallie --Unicompartmental knee replacement /Jack M. Bert --Anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction with patellar tendon autograft: principles of rehabilitation /K. Donald Shelbrourne, Cairon Pfennig, Scott E. Lawrance --Leg, ankle, and foot: history, physical, and investigations /Kevin J. Wing, Alastair Younger --Muscle strains and contusions /Michael P. Swords, Douglas P. Dietzel --Chronic compartment syndrome /Robert A. Pdeowitz, Derek W. Weichel --Instability of the ankle /Murray J. Penner --Treatment of osteochondral lesions of the talar dome /James W. Stone --Tendon disorders in the lower extremity /Mark A. Glazebrook --Stress fractures of the athletic leg, ankle, and foot /Donald R. Boahy, Jonathan P. Cornelius, John G. Anderson --Ligamentous lisfranc joint injuries: leg - ankle - foot: midfoot injuries, lisfranc /Michael S. Aronow --Hallux valgus in the athlete /Walter J. Pedowitz, David I. Pedowitz --Stress fractures in athletes /Kurt P. Spindler, Michael S. George, Christopher C. Kaeding, Annunziato Amendola --Female issues in sport: risk factors and prevention of ACL injuries /Ligament injuries in children and adolescents /Patrick S. Brannan, Henry G. Chambers --Environmental issues for the athlete /Mark D. Bracker, Margoire Delo, Elise T. Gordon, Judy R. Schauer --Team physician issues; preparticipation evaluation /Bernie Lalonde --Running on the field /Richard Hawkins --Traveling team physician /Chadwick Prodromos --Mass participation events /Helen D. Iams, James Williams --Team physician consensus statement --Sideline preparedness for the team physician --Team physician and conditioning of athletes for sports --Team physician and return to play issues --Female athlete issues for the team physician.
- Practical orthopedics. 6th ed. 2008, ClinicalKey
- Upper Extremity -- Clavicle -- Shoulder -- Treatment of non-union of clavicle fracture -- Acromioclavicular Joint Dislocation -- Diagnostic Shoulder Arthroscopy -- Acromioplasty -- Rotator cuff repair (open / arthroscopic) -- Open anterior shoulder stabilisation -- Arthroscopic Shoulder Stabilization -- Arthroscopic Capsular Release for Shoulder Stiffness -- Total shoulder arthroplasty in degenerative osteoarthritis of the shoulder -- Humerus -- Elbow -- Non-unions Of The Humeral Shaft: Open Reduction Plate Fixation And Autologous Bone Graft Augmentation -- Repair of the Ruptured Distal Biceps Tendon -- Ulnar Nerve Transposition -- Lateral Collateral Ligament Reconstruction for Posterolateral Rotatory Instability of the Elbow -- Elbow arthroscopy -- Total Elbow Arthroplasty -- Forearm -- Wrist -- Forearm Non-unions -- Wrist Arthroscopy -- Wrist Arthrodesis -- Scaphoid Non-Union -- Trapezectomy -- Carpal Tunnel Release -- Release of the First Extensor compartment at the Wrist (DeQuervain's decompression) -- Dupuytrens Fasciectomy -- Trigger Finger release -- Tendon transfers for Median Nerve Palsy -- Tendon transfers for Radial Nerve Palsy -- Tendon transfers for Ulnar Nerve Palsy -- Spine -- Cervical Spine -- Surgical technique of Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion (ACDF) -- Lumbar Spine -- Microdiscectomy / Microdecompression for Intra-Spinal Intervertebral Disc Prolapses and Lateral Recess Stenosis -- Lumbar Decompression and Instrumented Fusion -- Spinal Stenosis / Decompression -- Scoliosis -- Posterior Correction of Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis (Principles for the posterior correction of spinal curvatures) -- Vertebro / Kyphoplasty -- Surgical technique of Vertebral Cement Augmentation (Vertebro / Kyphoplasty).
- Practical procedures in orthopedic surgery joint aspiration/injection, bone graft harvesting and lower limb amputations 2012, Springer
- Practice of intramedullary locked nails v. 3, 2002., Springerv. 1. Scientific basis and standard techniques -- v. 2. Advanced techniques and special applications -- v. 3. New developments in techniques and applications.
- Presentation, imaging and treatment of common musculoskeletal conditions MRI-arthroscopy correlation 2012, ClinicalKeyTake the mystery out of MRI interpretation and its relationship to arthroscopy with this book by Drs. Mark D. Miller and Timothy G. Sanders. Abundantly illustrated with MR, arthroscopic, and anatomical images, this new title offers both orthopaedists and radiologists a correlated, systematic approach to diagnosis, helping you achieve accurate evaluations and ensuring that all clinically relevant structures are adequately assessed. An accompanying case-based DVD illustrates pathology and repair, with side-by-side comparisons of MRI and arthroscopic findings in the same patient. Improve diagnostic accuracy, surgical planning/decision making, and patient outcomes by seeing how to correlate MRI and arthroscopic findings. Gain an enhanced appreciation of the sensitivity and specificity of MRI as a tool in musculoskeletal diagnosis. Enhance your diagnostic skills by reviewing illustrative case studies for each major joint, examining specific MRI and arthroscopic findings and considering the range of possible diagnoses. View side-by-side comparisons of MRI and arthroscopic footage in the same patient - augmented by line illustrations that orient the arthroscopic views - by watching the videos on the bound-in DVD. Take the mystery out of MRI interpretation to assess more confidently.
- Prevention of bone metastases 2012, SpringerBone metastases continue to be a major cause of morbidity in cancer patients, but improved understanding of the biology of bone metastases has led to the identification of drugs that are of potential value in not only their treatment but also their prevention. This book, written by recognized experts in the field, provides a detailed overview of current knowledge on this subject.
- Primer in cartilage repair and joint preservation of the knee 2011, ScienceDirectFulltext ClinicalKeyA Primer in Cartilage Repair and Joint Preservation of the Knee presents the full range of treatment options for a changing, increasingly younger patient population. Dr. Thomas Minas demonstrates each technique-from non-surgical to mini-incision total knee arthroplasty to the recent developments in tissue biologics-through a step-by-step approach. This highly visual, multimedia reference guides you in choosing the best treatment course for each patient. Get only the information you need through a technique-focused approach and the consistent style of a single author, Dr. Thomas Minas-a leading specialist in cartilage repair. Clearly see the nuances and important points of each technique with surgical photographs and artists' renderings of key situations in the operating room. Select the best treatment course for each patient through extensive coverage of options from non-surgical to mini-incision total knee arthroplasty.
- Primer of arthroscopy 2010, ClinicalKeyOverview of arthroscopy / Mark D. Miller -- Knee arthroscopy / Mark D. Miller and Jennifer A. Hart -- Hip arthroscopy / Sanaz Hariri and Marc R. Safran -- Ankle arthroscopy / Zackary D. Vaughn, Kenneth J. Hunt, and Marc R. Safran -- Shoulder arthroscopy / Melissa D. Willenborg, Mark D. Miller and Marc R. Safran -- Elbow arthroscopy / Sara D. Rynders and A. Bobby Chhabra -- Wrist arthroscopy / Sara D. Rynders and A. Bobby Chhabra.
- Primer on the Metabolic Bone Diseases and Disorders of Mineral Metabolism, 8th Edition is the comprehensive revision of the field-leading reference on bone and mineral health. The eighth edition has been fully revised by the leading researchers and clinicians in the field to provide concise coverage of the widest possible spectrum of metabolic bone diseases and disorders of mineral metabolism. Chapters look to explain basic biological factors of healthy development and disease states and make it easily translatable to clinical interventions.
- Principles and practice of wrist surgery 2010, ClinicalKeyPrinciples and Practice of Wrist Surgery, by David J. Slutsky, MD, FRCS, offers current, comprehensive guidance for addressing the challenging and quickly growing incidence of wrist injuries. Joined by a world-class team of contributors, Dr. Slutsky presents today's best treatment options and surgical techniques for a full range of scenarios ... from occupational disorders and sports injuries to age-related conditions. Inside you'll find discussions of the most current developments in minimally invasive arthroscopic and percutaneous procedures, the very latest in locked plating and internal fixation technology, the state-of-the-art in arthroplasty techniques for degenerative and inflammatory arthritis, unparalleled coverage of ulnar injuries and techniques, complications and salvage, compression neuropathies, and much more. A bonus DVD of surgical videos depicts the technical details of each procedure to further help you refine your skills. Expert Consult functionality offers convenient access to the complete contents of the book and DVD online. Provides access to the complete text online, fully searchable, along with all of the illustrations downloadable for your personal presentations, and a link to a video library of all of the DVD videos, at expertconsult.com. Features the practice-proven experience of internationally recognized experts in hand surgery, for guidance you can trust. Equips you with today's management options and techniques for a full range of wrist disorders and injuries - from trauma and soft tissue injuries ... to complications and salvage ... to pediatric conditions. Includes a brief basic science section providing just the essential new developments in anatomy and biomechanics to keep you up to date on the latest breakthroughs. Offers a clinically focused, consistent organization throughout - with each chapter addressing a specific injury or surgical technique - making reference easy. Captures intraoperative details as they appear in the OR through a full-color format along with interpretive drawings of surgical technique.
- Principles of bone biology. 2nd ed. 2002, ScienceDirectv. 1.-- Part. I. Basic principles -- v. 2.-- Part. II. Molecular mechanisims of metabolic bone diseases -- Part. III. Pharmacological mechanisms of therapeutics -- Part. IV. Methods in bone research.
- Principles of bone regeneration 2012, SpringerPart 1.Physiology of Bone Healing /Cellular and Molecular Aspects of Bone Repair /Itai A. Bab and Jona J. Sela --Primary Mineralization /Jona J. Sela --Healing of Bone Fracture: General Concepts /Jona J. Sela and Itai A. Bab --Part 2.Systemic Factors in Bone Healing /Anabolic Agents in Bone Repair /Itai A. Bab --Bone Repair in Diabetes /Gail Amir --Cannabinoids in Bone Repair /Itai A. Bab --Part 3.Bridging of Skeletal Defects and Implants /Mesenchymal Stem Cells for Bone Gene Therapy /Gadi Pelled, Olga Mizrahi, Nadav Kimelman-Bleich and Dan Gazit --Scaffolds in Skeletal Repair /Erella Livne and Samer Srouji --Bone Reaction to Implants /David Kohavi.
- Problem solving in musculoskeletal imaging. 1st ed. 2008, ClinicalKeyElsevier's 'Problem Solving in Radiology' series offers an instructional approach to common imaging questions. In this musculoskeletal volume, readers will find guidance on how to accurately read what they see and how to perform common office procedures, including arthrography and biopsy.
- Progress in motor control. A Multidisciplinary perspective 2009, Springer
- Quantitative aspects of bone densitometry 2009, HighWire
- Quantitative MRI of the spinal cord 2014, ClinicalKeyRationale for Quantitative MRI of the Human Spinal Cord and Clinical Applications -- Inflammatory Demyelinating Diseases -- Traumatic Spinal Cord Injury: Acute Spinal Cord Injury and Prognosis -- Traumatic Spinal Cord Injury: Chronic Spinal Cord Injury and Recovery -- Array Coils -- Bo Inhomogeneity and Shimming -- Susceptibility Artifacts -- Ultra-High Field Spinal Cord Imaging -- Diffusion-Weighted Imaging of the Spinal Cord -- Q-Space Imaging -- Advanced Methods to Study White Matter Microstructure -- Magnetization Transfer -- T₂ Relaxation -- Atrophy -- Spinal Cord fMRI -- Physiological Noise Modeling and Analysis for Spinal Cord fMRI -- Mapping the Vasculature of the Spinal Cord --Single Voxel MR Spectroscopy in the Spinal Cord: Technical Challenges and Clinical Applications -- Annex: Anatomy of the Spinal Cord.
- Radiologically-guided approach to musculoskeletal anatomy 2013, SpringerIntroduction --Introduction /Antonio Zicca, Alberto Tagliafico --Upper limb --Shoulder /Erica Fisci, Alberto Tagliafico --Elbow /Alberto Tagliafico, Carlo Martinoli --Wrist /Alberto Tagliafico, Carlo Martinoli --Lower limb --Hip /Alberto Tagliafico, Erica Fisci, Carlo Martinoli --Knee /Alberto Tagliafico, Carlo Martinoli --Ankle /Bianca Bignotti, Carlo Martinoli, Alberto Tagliafico --Spine --Spine /Erica Fisci, Alberto Tagliafico
- Radiology illustrated. Spine 2014, SpringerRadiology Illustrated: Spine is an up-to-date, superbly illustrated reference in the style of a teaching file that has been designed specifically to be of value in clinical practice. Common, critical, and rare but distinctive spinal disorders are described succinctly with the aid of images highlighting important features and informative schematic illustrations. The first part of the book, on common spinal disorders, is for radiology residents and other clinicians who are embarking on the interpretation of spinal images. A range of key disorders are then presented, including infectious spondylitis, cervical trauma, spinal cord disorders, spinal tumors, congenital disorders, uncommon degenerative disorders, inflammatory arthritides, and vascular malformations. The third part is devoted to rare but clinically significant spinal disorders with characteristic imaging features, and the book closes by presenting practical tips that will assist in the interpretation of confusing cases.
- Radiology of osteoporosis. 2nd rev. ed. 2008, Springer
- Radionuclide and hybrid bone imaging 2012, Springer
- Rationale of operative fracture care. 3rd ed. 2005, Springer
- Surgical anatomy -- Biomechanical remarks -- Special radiology -- Surgical approaches -- Basic principles of reconstruction techniques -- Specific reconstruction techniques of upper cervical spine and craniovertebral junction -- Virtual and real time navigational techniques -- Traumatic atlantooccipital dislocation (AOD) -- Occipital condyle fractures -- Atlas fractures -- Odontoid process fractures -- Fractures of the ring of axis (hangman type fractures) -- Miscellaneous C2 fractures -- Multiple fractures of axis and atlas-axis fracture combinations -- Acute traumatic atlantoasial dislocation (AAD) in adults -- Posttraumatic deformity -- Non-specific inflammation -- Rheumatoid arthritis -- Tumors -- Congenital and developmental abnormalities -- Degenerative disorders -- Surgical failures.
- World-renowned surgeon Dr. Mark S. Myerson returns with a Second Edition of Reconstructive Foot and Ankle Surgery. This surgical technique reference delivers step-by-step guidance on the essential elements of complex foot and ankle surgery and is packed with full-color illustrations, pearls, and pitfalls. New chapters focus on the complications management of complications, aimed to help you select the right procedure for challenging conditions to ensure optimal outcomes. Learn from one of the very best - world-renowned surgeon Dr. Mark S. Myerson shares his innovative approaches to the reconstructive surgical techniques and complications management most frequently seen in practice. Quickly reference essential topics with a templated, focused format emphasizing procedures rather than basic science.
- Rehabilitation of the hand and upper extremity. 6th ed. v.1-2=, 2011, ClinicalKeyVol. 1. Anantomy and Kinesiology -- Examination -- Skin and Soft Tissue Conditions -- Hand Fractures and Joint Injuries -- Tendon Injuries and Tendinopathies -- Nerve Lacerations -- Compression Neuropathies -- Proximal Nerve Conditions -- Surgical Reconstruction for Nerve Injuries -- Vascular and Lymphatic Disorders -- Stiffness of the Hand -- Vol. 2. Common Wrist Injuries -- Common Elbow Injuries -- Common Shouler Conditions -- Complex Traumatic Conditions -- Arthritis and Related Autoimmune Disorders -- Pain -- Special Techniques of Therapist's Intervention -- Orthotic Intervention: Principles and Techniques -- Other Special Populations -- The Injured Worker -- Evidenced-Based Practice: Integrating Clinical Expertise and Systematic Research.
- Reoperative hand surgery 2012, SpringerReoperative Hand Surgery is a major contribution to the literature, offering a wide range of reoperative options for challenging problems that face the reconstructive hand surgeon after failed primary surgery. Concise and discussing all of the more common issues that hand surgeons often face in performing revision surgery, this invaluable title is unique in that it looks specifically at the problem of what to do when the original index procedure did not go as planned. Topics covered include the hand, wrist, forearm and elbow, and several sections of the book discuss some of the psychological and social factors that also go into the decision process to reoperate or not. The chapters are tightly focused so that the important aspects to consider for reoperation can be quickly reviewed. There is also a component that discusses how to avoid other pitfalls and to minimize as well as manage any complications that may occur with reoperative procedures. Importantly, the book is replete with original art work to help describe and demonstrate how to perform many reoperative procedures. The artwork is simple and straightforward but yet detailed enough to convey the important steps and aspects for the surgical intervention it is outlining. Developed by renowned experts in the hand surgery field, Reoperative Hand Surgery is an indispensable, state-of-the-art reference, offering the busy hand and upper extremity surgeon easily accessible information relating to the evaluation, diagnosis, and possible surgical interventions for the diagnoses discussed.
- Tendon repair and regeneration: an overview / Eric M. Bluman, Scott D. Allen, Paul D. Fadale -- Structure and function of ligaments, tendons, and joint capsule / Frederick H. Silver, Joseph W. Freeman, Gino Bradica -- Tendons of the hand: anatomy, repair, healing, and rehabilitation / Paul C. Stephens ... [et al.] -- Evolution of concepts in flexor tendon surgery of the hand / Randip R. Bindra -- Basic science of the shoulder ligaments / Louis J. Soslowsky and Jeffrey S. Cartmell -- History of cruciate ligaments: development of repair and reconstruction / Jon Karlsson -- Rotator cuff / Richard O. Evans, Peter J. Hughes, David H. Sonnabend -- Frozen shoulder / Peter J. Hughes, Richard O. Evans, Jerome A. Goldberg -- Capsular shrinkage of the shoulder: current clinical status / Andrew L. Wallace -- Biomechanical and clinical evaluation of tendons and ligaments / David Hartright ... [et al.] -- Healing of ligament and tendon to bone / Andreas Weiler, Sven Scheffler, Maria Apreleva -- Artificial ligaments / Andrew A. Amis -- Tendon and ligament fixation to bone / Christopher M. Hill, Yuehuei H. An, Frank A. Young -- Tissue engineering strategies for regeneration of the anterior cruciate ligament / Michael G. Dunn -- Gene therapy and ligament healing / Norimasa Nakamura.
- Review of orthopaedics. 6th ed. 2012, ClinicalKey"At all levels of orthopaedic training and practice, Review of Orthopaedics , by Mark D. Miller, MD, is an ideal, state-of-the-art resource for efficient review of key orthopaedic knowledge and board prep. Thoroughly updated, this edition helps you ensure your mastery of the very latest scientific and clinical information."--Publisher's website.
- Revision ACL reconstruction indications and technique 2014, SpringerAlthough anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) reconstruction has a high success rate, a substantial number of patients are left with unsatisfactory results. Revision ACL Reconstruction: Indications and Technique provides detailed strategies for planning and executing revision ACL reconstructions. Concise chapters by a leading group of international orthopedic surgeons cover the diagnosis of failed ACL reconstruction, patient evaluation, preoperative planning for revision ACL surgery, and complex technical considerations.
- Revision of loose femoral prostheses with a stem system based on the "press-fit" principles : a concept and a system of implants, a method and its results 2007, Springer
- Revision total knee arthroplasty 2005, Springer
- Biomechanics of fixation and fractures /Allan F. Tencer --Classification of fractures /Douglas R. Dirschl and Lisa K. Cannada-- Management of the multiply injured patient /Hans-Christoph Pape and Peter Giannoudis --The epidemiology of fractures. pt. 1. Overview of epidemiology /Charles M. Court-Brown and Benjamin C. Caesar --pt. 2. Experience in the United States /Kenneth J. Koval and Michael Cooley --Nonoperative fracture treatment /John F. Connolly --Principles of internal fixation /Christian Krettek and Thomas Gösling --Principles of external fixation /J. Tracy Watson --Bone and joint healing /Joseph A. Buckwalter, Thomas A. Einhorn and J.L. Marsh --Bone grafting and enhancement of fracture repair /Sanjeev Kakar, Eleftherios Tsiridis, and Thomas A. Einhorn --Outcome studies in trauma /Mohit Bhandari --Imaging considerations in orthopaedic trauma /Andrew H. Schmidt and Kerry M. Kallas --Initial management of open fractures /Steven A. Olson and Mark C. Willis --Acute compartment syndrome /Margaret M. McQueen --Penetrating trauma /Edward A. Perez --War wounds, limb salvage, and traumatic amputations /Paul J. Dougherty --Bone and soft tissue reconstruction /Lior Heller and L. Scott Levin --Systemic complications /David C. Templeman and William A. Marinelli --Local complications /Kirti D. Moholkar and Bruce H. Ziran --Osteoporotic fractures /Magnus K. Karlsson, Karl Obrant and Per Olof Josefsson --Pathologic fractures /Kristy L. Weber --Stress fractures /David C. Teague --Periprosthetic fractures. pt. 1. Periprosthetic fractures of the elbow and shoulder /Robert H. Cofield ... [et al.] --pt. 2. Periprosthetic fractures about total hip and total knee replacements /Jay D. Mabrey --Computer-aided orthopaedic surgery in skeletal trauma /Meir Liebergall, Rami Mosheiff, and Leo Joskowicz --Fractures and dislocations of the hand /Mark H. Henry --Fractures and dislocations of the carpus /Christian Gaebler --Fractures of the distal radius and ulna /David S. Ruch --Fractures of the shafts of the radius and ulna /Ralph Hertel and Dominique A. Rothenfluh --Fractures and dislocations of the elbow /David Ring --Fractures of the distal humerus /C. Michael Robinson --Fractures of the shaft of the humerus /Michael D. McKee --Fractures of the proximal humerus /Jon J. P. Warner, John G. Costouros and Christian Gerber --Fractures of the clavicle /Mark D. Lazarus and Carl Seon --Fractures of the scapula /Kenneth P. Butters --Subluxations and dislocations about the glenohumeral joint /Young W. Kwon and Joseph D. Zuckerman --Acromioclavicular joint injuries /Leesa M. Galatz and Gerald R. Williams, Jr. --Injuries to the sternoclavicular joint /Gregory J. Gilot, Michael A. Wirth and Charles A. Rockwood, Jr. --Principles of spine trauma care /Sohail K. Mirza, Carlo Bellabarba and Jens R. Chapman --Injuries of the craniocervical junction /Carlo Bellabarba, Sohail D. Mirza and Jens R. Chapman --Fractures and dislocations of the lower cervical spine /Christopher M. Bono --Fractures and dislocations of the thoracolumbar spine /Robert K. Eastlack and Christopher M. Bono --Fractures of the pelvic ring /Adam J. Starr and A. Steven Malekzadeh --Fractures of the acetabulum /Mark C. Reilly --Hip dislocations and fractures of the femoral head /Paul Tornetta III --Fractures of the neck of the femur /Ross K. Leighton --Intertrochanteric fractures /Kenneth J. Koval and Robert V. Cantu --Subtrochanteric fractures /Kwok-sui Leung --Fractures of the shaft of the femur /Sean E. Nork --Fractures of the distal femur /Peter J. OBrien ... [et al.] --Fractures of the patella and injuries to the extensor mechanism /Robert M. Harris --Fractures of the proximal tibia /Kenneth A. Egol and Kenneth J. Koval --Dislocations and fracture-dislocations of the knee /Robert C. Schenck, Jr., James P. Stannard, and Daniel C. Wascher --Fractures of the tibia and fibula /Charles M. Court-Brown --Ankle fractures /J.L. Marsh and Charles L. Saltzman --Fractures of the talus /David W. Sanders --Fractures of the calcaneus /Roy W. Sanders and Michael P. Clare --Fractures and dislocations of the midfoot and forefoot /John S. Early.
- Incidence of fractures in children / Kaye E. Wilkins and Alaric J. Aroojis -- The biologic aspects of children's fractures / Cory J. Xian and Bruce K. Foster -- Pain relief and related concerns in children's fractures / Joseph R. Furman -- Management of the multiply injured child / Robert M. Kay and Vernon T. Tolo -- Physeal injuries and growth disturbances / Karl E. Rathjen and John G. Birch -- Pathologic fractures associated with tumors and unique conditions of the musculoskeletal system / John P. Dormans and John M. Flynn -- Child abuse / Robert M. Campbell, Jr. and Timothy Schrader -- Fractures and dislocations of the hand and carpus in children / Scott H. Kozin and Peter M. Waters -- Fractures of the distal radius and ulna / Peter M. Waters and Alexander D. Mih -- Injuries to the shafts of the radius and ulna / Charles T. Mehlman and Eric J. Wall -- Fractures of the proximal radius and ulna / Robert E. Eilert and Mark A. Erickson -- Monteggia fracture-dislocation in children / José F. de la Garza --The elbow region: general concepts in the pediatric patient / James H. Beaty and James R. Kasser -- Supracondylar fractures of the distal humerus / James R. Kasser and James H. Beaty -- The elbow: physeal fractures, apophyseal injuries of the distal humerus, osteonecrosis of the trochlea, and t-condylar fractures / James H. Beaty and James R. Kasser -- Dislocations of the elbow / Anthony A. Stans and Stephen D. Heinrich -- Proximal humerus, scapula, and clavicle / John F. Sarwark, Erik C. King, and Scott J. Luhmann -- Cervical spine injuries in children / William C. Warner, Jr. and Daniel J. Hedequist -- Thoracolumbar spine fractures / Peter O. Newton -- Fractures of the pelvis / Roger F. Widmann -- Fractures and traumatic dislocations of the hip in children / R. Dale Blasier and Laurie O. Hughes -- Femoral shaft fractures / James R. Kasser and James H. Beaty -- Extra-articular injuries of the knee / David L. Skaggs -- Intra-articular injuries of the knee / Mininder S. Kocher -- Fractures of the shaft of the tibia and fibula / Stephen D. Heinrich and James F. Mooney III -- Distal tibial and fibular fractures / R. Jay Cummings -- Fractures and dislocations of the foot / James G. Jarvis and Paul J. Moroz.
- Rothman-Simeone The Spine. 6th ed. v. 1-2, 2011., ClinicalKeyv. 1. Basic science -- Diagnosis -- Surgical anatomy and approaches -- The child's spine -- Arthritis and inflammatory disorders -- Cervical degenerative disorders -- Thoracic and lumbar disc disease -- Minimally invasive surgery -- v. 2. Spinal stenosis -- Spinal fusion and instrumentation -- Adult deformity -- Spine trauma -- Afflictions of the vertebrae -- Spinal cord -- Complications -- Failed surgery -- Chronic pain/rehabilitation.
- Selected references in trauma and orthopaedics 2014, SpringerSelected References in Trauma and Orthopaedics provides a selection of references from the Trauma and Orthopedic literature, aimed at the surgeon preparing for the Intercollegiate Specialty Board examination, and similar end-of training examinations in other countries. It is the perfect guide for examiners and trainers who are preparing their trainees for the examination, as well as providing a literature basis for their own practice. Selected References in Trauma and Orthopaedics presents the classical papers underlying current practice as well as recent publications which have brought about innovation, clarified pathology or demonstrated outcomes. The references are presented with a brief summary which allows the reader to access a literature review, with the use of online resources, with the key references already identified.
- Severe injuries to the limbs staged treatment 2007, SpringerIntroduction -- Primary treatment -- Definitive reconstruction -- Rehabilitation -- Treatment algorithm for missile open fractures of the limbs -- Conclusions.
- Shoulder and elbow surgery. 1st ed. 2011, ClinicalKeyAcromioplasty -- Rotator Cuff Repair: Open Technique for Partial-Thickness or Small or Medium Full-Thickness Tears -- Rotator Cuff Repair: Arthroscopic Technique for Partial-Thickness or Small or Medium Full-Thickness Tears -- Open Repair of Rotator Cuff Tears -- Arthroscopic Repair of Massive Rotator Cuff Tears -- Operative Fixation of Symptomatic Os Acromiale -- Humeral Head Resurfacing Arthroplasty -- Humeral Hemiarthroplasty with Biologic Glenoid Resurfacing -- Total Shoulder Arthroplasty -- Rotator Cuff Tear Arthroplasty: Open Surgical Treatment -- Open Unconstrained Revision Shoulder Arthroplasty -- Arthroscopic Treatment of Traumatic Anterior Instability of the Shoulder -- Open Treatment of Anterior-Inferior Multidirectional Instability of the Shoulder -- Arthroscopic Treatment of Anterior-Inferior Multidirectional Instability of the Shoulder -- Anterior Glenohumeral Instability Associated with Glenoid or Humeral Bone Deficiency: The Latarjet Procedure -- Open Treatment of Posterior-Inferior Multidirectional Shoulder Instability -- Arthroscopic Treatment of Posterior-Inferior Multidirectional Instability of the Shoulder -- Open Bankart Procedure for Recurrent Anterior Shoulder Dislocation -- Mini-Open Biceps Tenodesis -- Arthroscopic Biceps Tenodesis -- SLAP Lesion: Arthroscopic Reconstruction of the Labrum and Biceps Anchor -- Treatment of the Unstable Shoulder with Humeral Head Bone Loss -- Open Distal Clavicle Excision -- Arthroscopic Distal Clavicle Resection -- Open Treatment of Acute and Chronic Acromioclavicular Dislocations -- Sternoclavicular Joint Reconstruction Using Semitendinosus Graft -- Open Reduction and Internal Fixation of Acute Midshaft Clavicular Fractures -- Intramedullary Fixation of Clavicle Fractures -- Operative Treatment of Two-Part Proximal Humerus Fractures -- Open Reduction and Internal Fixation of Three- and Four-Part Proximal Humerus Fractures -- Percutaneous Fixation of Proximal Humerus Fractures -- Hemiarthroplasty for Proximal Humerus Fracture -- Surgical Treatment of Scapular Fractures -- Arthrodesis of the Shoulder -- Open and Arthroscopic Suprascapular Nerve Decompression -- Scapular Surgery I: Eden-Lange Transfer for Trapezius Muscle Palsy -- Scapular Surgery II: Pectoralis Major Transfer for Serratus Anterior Palsy -- Scapular Surgery III: Rhomboid/Latissimus Dorsi Transfer for Serratus Anterior Palsy -- Adhesive Capsulitis -- Arthroscopic Treatment of Calcific Tendinitis in the Shoulder -- Surgical Approaches for Open Treatment of the Elbow I: Posterior Approach -- Arthroscopy of the Elbow: Setup and Portals -- Elbow Arthritis and Stiffness: Open Treatment -- Elbow Arthritis and Stiffness: Arthroscopic Treatment -- Radial Head Fractures: Radial Head Replacement -- Total Elbow Arthroplasty: Discovery Minimally Constrained Linked System -- Total Elbow Arthroplasty for the Treatment of Complex Distal Humerus Fractures -- Hemiarthroplasty of the Distal Humerus -- Radiocapitellar Replacement -- Revision Total Elbow Arthroplasty -- Medial Epicondylitis: Open Treatment -- Lateral Epicondylitis: Arthroscopic and Open Treatment -- Repair of Distal Biceps Tendon Ruptures -- Repair and Reconstruction of the Ruptured Triceps -- Endoscopic Cubital Tunnel Release -- Submuscular Ulnar Nerve Transposition -- Surgical Decompression for Radial Tunnel Syndrome -- Distal Humerus Fractures, Including Isolated Distal Lateral Column and Capitellar Fractures -- Radial Head Fractures: Open Reduction and Internal Fixation -- Open Treatment of Complex Traumatic Elbow Instability -- Surgical Reconstruction of Longitudinal Radioulnar Dissociation (Essex-Lopresti Injury) -- Ulnar Collateral Ligament Reconstruction Using the Modified Jobe Technique -- Lateral Ulnar Collateral Ligament Reconstruction -- Soft Tissue Coverage I: Radial Forearm Flap -- Soft Tissue Coverage II: Latissimus Dorsi Flap -- Soft Tissue Coverage III: Posterior Interosseous Flap -- Soft Tissue Coverage IV: Brachioradialis Muscle Flap -- Soft Tissue Coverage V: Reverse Lateral Arm Flap -- Operative Treatment of Olecranon Bursitis -- Elbow Arthroscopic Débridement for Osteochondritis Dissecans.
- Shoulder arthroplasty 2005, Springer
- Shoulder arthroplasty. 1st ed. 2008, ClinicalKeyHere is a technique textbook of shoulder arthroplasty detailing how to handle all relevant aspects of shoulder replacement surgery. Distinguished shoulder surgeons Gary M. Gartsman and T. Bradley Edwards provide step-by-step details for each category of shoulder arthroplasty, covering indications and contraindications, pre-operative planning and imaging, results and complications, and more. Copious color intraoperative photographs and illustrations and a bonus DVD of 17 surgical video clips of procedures discussed in the text complement the text.
- Shoulder arthroscopy principles and practice 2014, SpringerThis comprehensive and stunningly illustrated textbook covers the entire spectrum of shoulder disease and arthroscopic techniques. It reviews the anatomy and the biomechanics of the shoulder, basic arthroscopic procedures, advanced reconstructive surgeries, and an overview on shoulder pathologies with a special focus on surgical approach. Shoulder Arthroscopy: Principles and Practice is a highly organized reference with all chapters following a standardized format: from detailed descriptions regarding epidemiology, pathophysiology, clinical findings, imaging, indication for treatment up to a step-by-step description of current surgical techniques, including tips and tricks on how to avoid the most common mistakes and complications. There is also an entire section dedicated to the evaluation of outcome measurements. The tips and techniques presented in this book are based on the Editor and his Contributors' individual experience. The book guides the orthopaedic resident and fellow who wants to focus on shoulder diseases, but it also represents a landmark reference for expert surgeons already involved in shoulder surgery.
- Shoulder arthroscopy. 2nd ed. 2009, ClinicalKeyThe new edition of this step-by-step guide covers the entire spectrum of operative shoulder arthroscopy from initial operation room set-up through advanced reconstructive procedures. View all-new illustrations and apply the latest treatment options for Bankart repair, SLAP repair, and repair of a full range of rotator cuff lesions, along with strategies for stiff shoulders and osteoarthritis. The included DVD narrated by Dr. Gartsman demonstrates exactly how to complete both simple and complex operations in over three hours of video clips. Whether you are a novice or an experienced shoulder surgeon, improve your technique with the expertise of Dr. Gartsman. Provides detailed step-by-step descriptions of Dr. Gartsman's approach-including variations and complications-so that you can reproduce his results. Includes a DVD with video clips of procedures demonstrating Dr. Gartsman's surgical techniques. Presents the most current scientific data on the treatment outcomes of specific.
- Shoulder concepts 2013 Consensus and Concerns ; Proceedings of the ISAKOS Upper Extremity Committees 2009-2013 2013, SpringerThe ISAKOS Upper Extremity Committee (UEC) meets on a biannual basis for Closed Consensus Meetings. Each summit, a worldwide expert panel of surgeons and researchers convene for an in-depth discussion about a controversial topic. The purpose of this endeavor is to combine expertise and reach international consensus for the most appropriate management of various shoulder disorders. This booklet constitutes an integral part of the agreement encountered during these meetings. Section A provides a comprehensive review of the currently available Classifications and Outcome Scores for shoulder disorders, illustrating their potential pitfalls and limitations. Section B presents a summary of the Acromio-Clavicular Joint (ACJ) Consensus Summit, describing pioneering techniques to re-establish shoulder function after dislocation. Section C describes the current state of evidence of Rotator Cuff Disorders, providing novel theories regarding its underlying biomechanics and reconstruction techniques. The 2009-2013 ISAKOS UEC members hope the readers find this compendium an insightful update for daily shoulder management.
- Shoulder instability alternative surgical techniques 2011, Springer
- Shoulder instability-- a comprehensive approach 2012, ClinicalKey"Shoulder Instability, by Drs. Mark Provencher and Anthony Romeo, is the first comprehensive resource that helps you apply emerging research to effectively manage this condition using today's best surgical and non-surgical approaches. Detailed illustrations and surgical and rehabilitation videos clearly demonstrate key techniques like bone loss treatment, non-operative rehabilitation methods, multidirectional instability, and more. You'll also have access to the full contents online at www.expertconsult.com. "-- Publisher's website.
- Sine syndromes in rheumatology 2014, SpringerSine syndromes (SSs) represent atypical forms of inflammatory rheumatic diseases, the courses of which are often severe. While the diagnosis of rheumatic diseases can be determined according to an established set of diagnostic criteria based on clinical characteristics and laboratory parameters, Sine Syndromes do not fulfill the standard criteria used to assist in the classification of patients with rheumatological disorders. This concise book gives an overview of atypical courses in common inflammatory rheumatic diseases such as Wegener's granulomatosis, systemic sclerosis, Sjögren's syndrome, or systemic lupus erythematosus. Each chapter reviews similar cases reported in the literature and presents current data on treatment options. Drawing on their vast clinical experience, the editors provide a series of detailed case reports in order to illustrate the different types of disease. The book is intended to facilitate early diagnosis and effective therapy in patients where a schematic approach may not prove sufficient. Sine Syndromes in Rheumatology will serve as a useful and easily accessible reference for specialists in rheumatology as well as for practitioners in the fields of internal medicine, pediatrics, and orthopedics.
- Skeletal atlas of child abuse 2011, SpringerSkeletal examination method -- Skull fractures -- Rib fractures -- Fractures of the vertebral column, sternum, scapulae, and clavicles -- Long bone fractures -- Healing and interpretation -- Natural disease may mimic child abuse.
- Skeletal trauma basic science, management, and reconstruction. 4th ed. 2009, ClinicalKeyv. 1. General principles, spine, pelvis -- v. 2. Upper extremity, lower extremity.
- Skeletal trauma identification of injuries resulting from human rights abuse and armed conflict 2008, CRCnetBASEAn Epidemiological approach to forensic investigations of violations to international humanitarian and human rights law -- Differential diagnosis of skeletal trauma -- Blasting injuries -- Blunt force trauma -- Skeletal evidence of torture -- Sharp force trauma -- Gunfire injuries -- Variation in gunfire wounds by skeletal region.
- Special procedures in foot and ankle surgery 2013, SpringerSpecial Procedures in Foot and Ankle Surgery is designed for foot and ankle surgeons who desire to take their skill set to the next level. Advanced surgical techniques are highlighted for some of the more difficult problems encountered by foot and ankle surgeons such as Charcot deformity, chronic tendinopathies, osteochondral lesions, total ankle arthroplasty, tumors, adult flatfoot, cavus and Rheumatoid foot. The latest techniques, including endoscopic approaches are highlighted. This book is designed for all levels of foot and ankle surgeons to better care for their patients.
- Spinal arthroplasty the preservation of motion 2007, ClinicalKeyProvides a state-of-the-art guidance on motion-sparing devices, including relevant surgical anatomy, biomechanics, clinical indications, surgical approaches, and specific implants associated with the full range of spinal arthroplasties. Illustrated with high-quality surgical and anatomical art and images, this text brings this innovative technology to the forefront of spinal surgery with authority and style.
- Spinal injuries and conditions in young athletes 2014, SpringerSpinal Injuries and Conditions in Young Athletes provides a comprehensive, in-depth review of the mechanisms and management of back injuries and problems occurring in this ever-growing and active population. Led by Dr. Lyle Micheli and his co-editors, an award-winning group of orthopedists discusses and explores common adolescent spine injuries and procedures, in addition to breakthroughs in gene therapy, tissue engineering, and complex operations. As spine surgery is among the most complex and challenging procedures performed in orthopedics, special considerations and procedures are required in pediatric populations. Since many corrective surgeries run the risk of arthritis later in life, particular efforts must be made in young populations to prevent future injury in a child's adolescence and young adulthood while maximizing return-to-play potential. Chapters cover acute spinal injuries, concussions, overuse injuries, spinal malformations, tumors, infections and inflammatory diseases across the range of athletics, including swimming and combat sports. Spinal Injuries and Conditions in Young Athletes provides an immeasurable guide for back surgery in pediatric populations and will be a go-to resource for practitioners and residents in pediatric orthopedics and sports medicine.
- Spine secrets plus. 2nd ed. 2012, ScienceDirectFulltext ClinicalKey
- Spine surgery basics 2014, SpringerSpine surgery has increasingly become a surgical field of its own, with a distinct body of knowledge. While available textbooks cover the intricacies of spine surgery and provide extensive information on each pathology, these books are not geared towards the requirements of the novice and are insufficiently portable for the busy resident to carry while on rounds or on call. This easy-to-use book, written by acknowledged experts, is designed to meet such needs by providing essential information on spine pathology, diagnostic evaluation, surgical procedures, and other treatments. After an opening general section, degenerative spinal disease, pediatric spine conditions, spine trauma, spine tumors, infections, inflammatory disorders, and metabolic conditions are all discussed in more depth. Alongside description and evaluation of surgical options, important background information is included on pathology, presentation, diagnosis, and nonsurgical treatments. Potential complications of surgery are also carefully considered. Spine Surgery Basics will be an invaluable practical aid for all who are embarking on a career in spinal surgery or require a ready reference that can be consulted during everyday clinical practice.
- Spine surgery-- techniques, complication avoidance, and management. Third edition. [3rd ed.] 2012, ClinicalKeyMake the best use of the latest techniques with step-by-step guidance from Spine Surgery. Edited by Edward C. Benzel, this best-selling neurosurgery reference explores the full spectrum of surgical techniques used in spine surgery and delivers the comprehensive, cutting-edge guidance you need to achieve successful outcomes. Glean essential, up-to-date information in one comprehensive reference that explores the full spectrum of techniques used in spine surgery. Hone your surgical skills and technique with intraoperative videos and more than 800 outstanding illustrations demonstrating each technique step by step.
- Spine surgery. 2nd ed. 2012, ClinicalKeySection I: Cervical Spine. Closed Cervical Skeletal Tong Placement and Reduction Techniques ; Halo Placement in the Pediatric and Adult Patient ; Anterior Odontoid Resection: The Transoral Approach ; Odontoid Screw Fixation ; Anterior C1-C2 Arthrodesis: Lateral Approach of Barbour and Whitesides ; Anterior Cervical Corpectomy/Diskectomy ; Anterior Resection of Ossification of the Posterior Longitudinal Ligament ; Anterior Cervical Disk Arthroplasty; Occipital-Cervical Fusion ; C2 Translaminar Screw Fixation ; Posterior C1-C2 Fusion: Harms and Magerl Techniques ; Cervical Spine: Lateral Mass Screw Fixation ; Cervical Pedicle Screw Fixation ; Posterior Cervical Osteotomy Techniques ; Posterior Cervical Laminoplasty. -- Section II: Thoracic Spine. Anterior Thoracic Diskectomy and Corpectomy ; Anterior Thoracolumbar Spinal Fusion via Open Approach for Idiopathic Scoliosis ; Operative Management of Scheuermann's Kyphosis ; Resection of Intradural Intramedullary or Extramedullary Spinal Tumors ; Endoscopic Thoracic Diskectomy ; VEPTR Opening Wedge Thoracostomy for Congenital Spinal Deformities ; Posterior Thoracolumbar Fusion Techniques for Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis ; Thoracoplasty for Rib Deformity ; Complete Vertebral Resection for Primary Spinal Tumors. -- Section III: Lumbar Spine. Sacropelvic Fixation ; Posterior Far Lateral Disk Herniation ; The Lateral Extracavitary Approach for Vertebrectomy ; Osteotomy Techniques (Smith-Petersen and Pedicle Subtraction) for Fixed Sagittal Imbalance ; Spondylolysis Repair ; Surgical Treatment of High-Grade Spondylolisthesis ; Interspinous Process Motion-Sparing Implant ; Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion ; Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion ; Transpsoas Approach for Thoracolumbar Interbody Fusion ; Lumbar Total Disk Arthroplasty ; Kyphoplasty ; Minimally Invasive Exposure Techniques of the Lumbar Spine ; Hemivertebrae Resection ; Lumbar Internal Laminectomy ; Minimally Invasive Presacral Retroperitoneal Approach for Lumbosacral Axial Instrumentation.
- Spine technology handbook 2006, ScienceDirectFulltext MyiLibraryOver the past decade, there has been rapid growth in bioengineering applications in the field of spine implants. This book explains the technical foundation for understanding and expanding the field of spine implants, reviews the major established technologies related to spine implants, and provides reference material for developing and commercializing new spine implants. The editors, who have a track record of collaboration and editing technical books, provide a unified approach to this topic in the most comprehensive and useful book to date. Related website provides the latest information on spine technology including articles and research papers on the latest technology and development. Major technologies reviewed include devices used for fusion (screws, plates, rods, and cages), disc repair and augmentation, total disc replacement, and vertebral body repair and augmentation. Technology landscape, review of published/public domain data currently available, and safety and efficacy of technology discussed in detail.
- Spine trauma surgical techniques 2010, Springer
- Sports hernia and athletic pubalgia diagnosis and treatment 2014, SpringerSports hernias are an increasingly recognized problem in athletics, presenting a challenge for team physicians and other health care providers regarding their diagnosis and management. Confusion is magnified by the various treatment methods that exist, both surgical and non-surgical. Sports Hernia and Athletic Pubalgia is the first text devoted solely to the topic of sports hernia and will examine its etiology and diagnosis, as well as how to differentiate it from other problems involving the athlete's hip area and other injuries it often correlates and interacts with, such as femoroacetabular impingement. It covers all current approaches to treatment, from open approaches to minimally invasive approaches, and discusses rehabilitation and return to play. Comprised of contributions from an international array of expert clinicians and thought leaders, this is the immediate authoritative book on the subject of sports hernias.
- This introduction to sports injuries in children and adolescents is written in a user-friendly format and takes into account the fact that sports injuries in the pediatric population are not an easy topic for non-pediatric orthopedic surgeons, pediatricians, and non-pediatric radiologists. The book is divided into five chapters on musculoskeletal particularities in children, head and spine trauma, muscle strains and avulsion injuries, bone fractures, overuse injuries, and miscellanea. Each of these chapters comprises ten cases, and each case study includes up to four figures, a description of the clinical case, a review of the pathophysiology of the condition described in the case, and a final section on imaging findings. Sports Injuries in Children and Adolescents is a case-based book aimed at pediatricians, pediatric orthopedic surgeons, and radiologists.
- Sports injuries of the foot evolving diagnosis and treatment 2014, SpringerSports Injuries of the Foot is the go-to text for the management and treatment of foot injuries in athletes, demonstrating the current state-of-the-art techniques in assessment, testing and treatment. Organized anatomically beginning with the toes and working down the foot, it covers such common athletic injuries as turf toe, bunions, MTP instability, and midfoot and navicular fractures, all in the context of athletic activity. Attention is also given to special considerations for the adolescent and female athlete, with an eye toward return to play. Written by clinicians for clinicians, it will be an invaluable resource for orthopedists, podiatrists, team physicians, athletic trainers and primary care providers alike.
- In recent years, research studies into sports injuries have provided healthcare professionals with a better understanding of their etiology and natural history. On this basis, novel concepts in the diagnosis and management of these conditions are now being explored. This timely book offers a complete guide to the latest knowledge on the diagnosis and treatment of the full range of possible sports injuries. Individual sections are devoted to biomechanics, injury prevention, and the still emerging treatment role of growth factors, which foster more rapid tissue healing. Sports injuries of each body region are then examined in detail, with special attention to diagnostic issues and the most modern treatment techniques. In addition, pediatric sports injuries, extreme sports injuries, the role of physiotherapy, and future developments are extensively discussed. All who are involved in the care of patients with sports injuries will find this textbook to be an invaluable, comprehensive, and up-to-date reference.
- Sports knee surgery 2008, ClinicalKeySect. I: Knee arthroscopy/meniscus procedures -- (Knee examination and imaging -- Knee arthroscopy-the basics -- Arthroscopic synovectomy -- Arthroscopic lysis of adhesions -- Arthroscopic meniscectomy -- Meniscal cyst and discoid meniscus -- Inside-out and outside-in meniscal repair -- All-inside meniscal repair -- Arthroscopically assisted meniscus transplantation) -- Sect. II: Articular cartilage procedures -- (Chondroplasty and microfracture -- Osteochondral autograft transplantation -- Autologous chondrocyte implantation -- Osteochondral allograft transplantation -- Osteochondritis dissecans -- Avascular necrosis and core decompression -- Opening wedge high tibial osteotomy -- Unicondylar knee arthroplasty) -- Sect. III: Knee ligament procedures -- (Single-bundle anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction -- Complex (double-bundle and revision) anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction -- Pediatric anterior cruciate ligament injuries -- Posterior cruciate ligament reconstruction -- Knee medial collateral ligament reconstruction -- Posterolateral corner reconstruction -- Multiple ligament injury) -- Sect. IV: Patellofmoral procedures -- (Acute and chronic patellar tendon ruptures -- Quadriceps tendon repair -- Arthroscopic lateral retinacular release -- Patellar tendionpathy -- Acute patella dislocation: medial patellofemoral ligament repair -- Patella fracture -- Proximal realignment: medal patellofemoral ligament reconstruction -- Distal realignment).
- Sports Medicine and Arthroscopic Surgery of the Foot and Ankle is an invaluable source of information for the sports medicine practitioner who performs foot and ankle surgery. All the common sports injuries of the foot and ankle that may require surgery are covered. The latest techniques, including arthroscopic approaches are highlighted. This unique text is designed to be a reference for all levels who want the best resource for their sports medicine foot and ankle patients who may require surgery.
- Studies on arthritis and joint disorders 2013, SpringerJoint diseases are a major public health concern. Reactive oxygen species are mediators in pathways associated with joint tissue injury. Oxidative Stress in Applied Basic Research and Clinical Practice: Studies on Arthritis and Joint Disorders provides background to understanding the role of reactive oxygen species in joint diseases, as well as therapeutic strategies for their regulation. International experts discuss recent advances on experimental and clinical data focused on free radical-mediated mechanisms of disease. The book also addresses the protective role of antioxidants against the insult of reactive oxygen species in rheumatic diseases.
- Surgery for low back pain 2010, Springer
- Surgery of shoulder instability 2013, SpringerThis book addresses shoulder instability--all comers because the extreme variability of patients and pathology must be matched with a variety of techniques.
- Surgery of the hip 2013, ClinicalKeySurgery of the Hip is your definitive, comprehensive reference for hip surgery, offering coverage of state-of-the-art procedures for both adults and children. Modelled after Insall & Scott Surgery of the Knee, it presents detailed guidance on the latest approaches and techniques, so you can offer your patients - both young and old - the best possible outcomes.
- Surgical anatomy & techniques to the spine. Second edition. [2nd ed.] 2013, ClinicalKeyFeaturing an expanded focus on in-demand endoscopic and minimally invasive spine procedures, Surgical Anatomy and Techniques to the Spine, 2nd Edition pairs new anatomic photographs and radiographic images with expertly rendered color illustrations and clear, step-by-step descriptions to help you effectively perform all of the latest and most effective spine surgery techniques. A multidisciplinary approach makes this medical reference book relevant and informative to all surgeons regardless of their specialty or level of surgical experience with the spine. Proceed with confidence. An atlas-style format featuring clear, concise, step-by-step descriptions of the anatomy and procedures along with clinical hints and pearls, tables, and management algorithms provideing swift answers and trusted guidance.Sharpen your surgical acumen with a deeper understanding of the anatomy of the surgical target and related anatomy. Comprehensive information on cervical, cervical/thoracic, thoracic/lumbar, lumbar spine, lumbar/pelvis, and other surgical locations ensures the best approaches to spine surgery and results.Understand the spine from all angles with multiple-viewpoint, full-color photographs, and illustrations.
- The shoulder -- The humerus -- The elbow -- The forearm -- The wrist and hand -- The spine -- Pelvis and acetabulum -- The hip -- The femur -- The knee -- The tibia and fibula -- The ankle and foot -- Approaches for external fixation.
- Surgical management of spinal deformities 2009, ClinicalKeyA who's who in this challenging field brings you state-of-the-art approaches to the full range of surgical management options, including reconstructive procedures, for the pediatric and adult patient with spinal deformity. Experts discuss the course of treatment for patients in different age groups and take into consideration the extent of the curve at the time of diagnosis and during follow-up, the patient's stage of bone growth, the amount of pain and deformity associated with the condition, and the patient's willingness and ability to withstand surgery. Plus, a section on general information such as practical surgical anatomy, imaging, applied biomechanics, and instrumentation helps you approach each patient more effectively. The included DVD helps you perfect your technique with narrated surgical procedures. Emphasizes technical skills and surgical decision making, including pearls, pitfalls, and illustrative case studies, offering you expert advice on technically challenging surgeries. Provides the very latest information on minimally invasive endoscopic and mini-open approaches to broaden your surgical options and minimize post-operative complications. Discusses peri-operative considerations, including anesthesia, blood loss management, bone graft and fusion enhancement, neural monitoring, and complications, keeping you prepared for any event. Presents full-color line artwork of surgical procedures as well as diagnostic and clinical photographs for superb visual guidance. Offers a consistent format throughout and a full-color design for ease of reference. Website includes a video library of narrated surgical procedures to help you master your technique.
- Surgical Techniques of the Shoulder, Elbow, and Knee in Sports Medicine presents you with a step-by-step approach on performing both open and arthroscopic surgeries for sports-related injuries. This medical reference book offers all of the expert guidance you need on everything from patient positioning and the latest orthopaedic surgery techniques, through pearls and pitfalls and post-operative care. An international group of contributors equips you with a worldwide perspective on the most recent orthopaedic advances, making Surgical Techniques of the Shoulder, Elbow, and Knee in Sports Medicine your go-to digest of today's common procedures. Ensure optimal outcomes from each shoulder, elbow and knee procedure with this orthopaedic surgery text's consistent, step-by-step approach, coupled with numerous tips, pearls, pitfalls, and images gleaned from surgeons specializing in sports injuries. Apply the latest open and arthroscopic techniques, including arthroscopic rotator cuff repair and hamstring and allograft ACL reconstruction. Access the full text and expanded surgical video collection online at Expert Consult.
- Surgical treatment of hip arthritis reconstruction, replacement, and revision. 1st ed. 2010, ClinicalKeyA reference that addresses the challenging issues you face in this rapidly growing segment of orthopaedic practice. Inside, youll find top surgical management strategies for all types of hip arthroplasty presented by leaders from around the world, along with discussions of possible complications, risks and benefits to specific patient populations, and more. A DVD, included with the text, presents step-by-step narrated videos of the surgeries covered in the book, enabling you to see these procedures in action.
- Tachdjian's Pediatric orthopaedics from the Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children 2014, ClinicalKeyContinuing the tradition of excellence that began in 1972, this latest edition of Tachdjian's Pediatric Orthopaedics offers the detailed visual guidance and unmatched expertise you need to effectively diagnose and treat pediatric musculoskeletal disorders. Extensive updates offer you the latest knowledge on etiology, imaging, differential diagnosis, and non-operative and surgical techniques for a wide range of pediatric orthopaedic conditions. Access expert guidance on difficult diagnostic and clinical management issues for your most challenging cases. Perfect your technique with the visual guidance of nearly 2,500 full-color illustrations and 60 videos of pediatric surgical procedures, including a number that highlight clinical examination and unusual clinical findings.
- Taylor's Musculoskeletal problems and injuries a handbook 2006, SpringerDisorders of the back and neck -- Disorders of the upper extremity -- Disorders of the lower extremity -- Osteoarthritis -- Rheumatoid arthritis and related disorders -- Selected disordeers of the musculoskeletal system -- Musculoskeletal problems of children -- Osteoporosis -- Gout -- Athletic injuries -- Care of acute lacerations -- Selected injuries.
- Teaching files. Brain and spine imaging 2012, ClinicalKey"Practical and clinically focused, Brain and Spine Imaging - a title in the Teaching Files Series - provides you with over 300 interesting and well-presented cases to help you better diagnose any disease of the brain and spine. Expert in the field, Dr. Girish Fatterpekar, MD uses a logical organization throughout, making referencing difficult diagnoses easier than ever before. Detailed discussions of today's modalities and technologies keep you up to date, and challenging diagnostic questions probe your knowledge of the material. This unique, case-based resource offers you an ideal way to sharpen your diagnostic skills and study for board exams. And, with Expert Consult functionality, you'll have convenient access to the full text online, all of the book's illustrations, additional cases and images, and links to PubMed at expertconsult.com."--Publisher's website.
- Teaching files. Musculoskeletal 2010, ClinicalKey
- Techniques in cartilage repair surgery 2014, Springer"Cartilage defects are common. Cartilage repair surgery is not only fascinating but also surgically challenging. There are books dealing with basic science and some surgical aspect. This book fills a gap in surgical techniques for cartilage repair. All of the surgical chapters are logically organised, covering patient selection, patient setup/positioning, surgical approach, potential complications and troubleshooting. An attempt is made to compare with various surgical techniques. This book also covers anaesthesia, postoperative follow-up, pain management and rehabilitation. Both the editors and the authors are renowned experts in the field. This book will be invaluable for orthopaedic and sports medicine surgeons (consultants and training doctors) and is also of potential interest to physiotherapists, medical students, general practitioners, physical medicine and rehabilitation specialists, and rheumatology specialists."--Publisher's website.
- Techniques in hip arthroscopy and joint preservation surgery. 1st ed. 2011, ClinicalKeyDrs. Jon K. Sekiya, Marc Safran, Anil S. Ranawat, and Michael Leunig provide a step-by-step, balanced approach-with contributions from an array of North American and international surgeons-to pre-operative planning, surgical technique, technical pearls, management of complications, and post-operative rehabilitation. Surgical videos on DVD demonstrate techniques such as surgical hip dislocation for femoracetabular impingement and arthroscopic femoral osteoplasty so you can provide your patients with the best possible outcomes. Grasp the visual nuances of each technique through full-color surgical illustrations and intraoperative photographs. Watch expert surgeons perform cutting edge procedures-such as complex therapeutic hip arthroscopy using a femoral distractor, arhroscopic synovectomy and treatment of synovial disorders, surgical hip dislocation for femoracetabular important, and arthroscopic femoral osteoplasty-on DVD. Find information quickly and easily thanks to the consistent chapter format that includes technical pearls.
- Techniques in revision hip and knee arthroplasty 2015, ClinicalKeyTechniques in Revision Hip and Knee Arthroplasty is the one authoritative volume that gives you an efficient, problem-based approach to revision arthroplasty of both the hip and knee. Dr. Giles Scuderi and other leading experts from North America and Western Europe present their favored surgical procedures and post-surgical management strategies in this straightforward, heavily illustrated, video-intensive reference. It's your one-stop, go-to guide for successful revision surgery for a myriad of complications, such as implant loosening, polyethylene wear, osteolysis, or infection of the hip and knee. Get expert guidance on implant choice, management of complications (including infection and wound healing), and failure of mechanisms, as well as step-by-step surgical techniques.Quickly find the exact information you need with a straightforward "just what you need to know" approach, including surgical tips and pearls.Stay up to date with new insights regarding anatomic landmarks, recommended reconstruction options in revision surgery, including management of bone defects and instability.Access the fully searchable contents of the book and an abundance of surgical videos online at Expert Consult.
- Techniques in wrist and hand arthroscopy. 1st ed. 2007, ClinicalKeyWrist arthroscopy portals / David J. Slutsky -- Trapeziometacarpal and scaphotrapezial arthroscopy portals / David J. Slutsky -- The ulnocarpal joint. Arthroscopically assisted ulnar shortening / Daniel J. Nagle -- Arthroscopic treatment of radial-sided TFCC lesions / Jennifer Weintraub, A. Lee Osterman, and Jeffrey Yao -- Peripheral tears of the TFCC: arthroscopic diagnosis and management / Thomas E. Trumble and Seth D. Dodds -- Arthroscopy of the distal radioulnar joint / Ericka A. Lawler and Brian D. Adams -- Class IIA and B ulnar impaction: treatment with arthroscopic TFCC disc excision and wafer distal ulna resection / Matthew M. Tomaino -- Carpal ligament injury. Arthroscopic treatment of scapholunate ligament tears / Steven H. Goldberg ... [et al.] -- Arthroscopic RASL / Michael R. Hausman -- Arthroscopic thermal shrinkage for scapholunate ligament injuries / Ferdinando Battistella, Pau Golano, and Ettore Taverna -- Arthroscopic treatment of lunotriquetral ligament injuries / Gregory J. Hanker -- Arthroscopic plication of lunotriquetral ligament tears / Jason W. Levine, Felix H. Savoie III, and Michael J. Moskal -- Arthroscopic dorsal readiocarpal ligament repair / David J. Slutsky -- The role of arthroscopy in midcarpal instability / David M. Lichtman ... [et al.] -- Capsular shrinkage in the treatment of wrist instability / David J. Nagle -- Writst and carpal fractures. Arthroscopically assisted reduction and percutaneous fixation of scaphoid fractures using a simple external targeting system / Joseph F. Slade III and Greg Merrell -- The role of wrist arthroscopy in intra-articular distal radius fracture management / William B. Geissler -- Correction of mal-united intra-articular distal radius fractures with and inside-out osteotomy technique / Franscisco del Piñal -- Arthroscopic wrist capsulotomy / David J. Slutsky -- Arthroscopic synovectomy and abrasion chondroplasty of the wrist / Kevin D. Plancher and Césaw J. Bruno -- Arthroscopic wrist ganglionectomy / Randy R. Bindra -- Arthroscopic treatment of volar carpal ganglion cysts / Jeffrey A. Greenberg -- Arhtoscopically assisted treatment of intraosseous gaglions of the lunate / N. Ashwood and G.I. Bain -- Arthroscopic radial styloidectomy / David J. Slutsky -- Arthroscopic resection of arthosis of the proximal hamate / Brian J. Harley and Andrew K. Palmer -- Arthroscopic proximal row carpectomy / Randall W. Culp and Eric S. Wroten -- Anthroscopy of the small joints of the hand / Richard A. Berger -- Small-joint arthroscopy. Arthroscopic treatment of trapeziometacarpal diseaes / David J. Slutsky -- Arthroscopic debridement for isolated scaphotrapeziotrapezoid arthritis / N. Ashwood and G.I. Bain -- Extra-articular procedures. Agee endoscopic carpal tunnel release / David J. Slutsky -- Endoscopic carpal tunnel release: the chow dual-portal technique / Daniel J. Nagle -- Endoscopic release of the first dorsal extensor tendon compartment / Joseph F. Slade III and Greg Merrell.
- Tendon injuries basic science and clinical medicine 2005, SpringerPart I. Basic Sciences, Etiology, Pathomechanics, and Imaging --1. Anatomy of Tendons / Moira O'Brien, p. 3-13 -- 2. Mechanical Properties of Tendons / Constantinos Maganaris and Marco Narici, p. 14-21 -- 3. Growth and Development of Tendons / Laurence Dahners, p. 22-24 -- 4. Aging and Degeneration of Tendons / Pekka Kannus, Mika Paavola and Lászlo Józsa, p. 25-31 -- 5. Epidemiology of Tendon Problems in Sport / Mika Paavola, Pekka Kannus and Markku Järvinen, p. 32-39 -- 6. Neurogenic, Mast Cell, and Gender Variables in Tendon Biology: Potential Role in Chronic Tendinopathy / David Hart, Cyril Frank, Alison Kydd, Tyler Ivie, Paul Sciore and Carol Reno, p. 40-48 -- 7. Imaging of Tendon Ailments / Tudor Hughes, p. 49-60 -- Part II. Anatomical Sites and Presentation -- 8. Injury of the Musculotendinous Junction / Jude Sullivan and Thomas Best, p. 63-69 -- 9. Insertional Tendinopathy in Sports / Per Renström and Thomas Hach, p. 70-85 -- 10. Tendon Avulsions in Children and Adolescents / Sakari Orava and Urho Kujala, p. 86-89.
- Tendon transfer for irreparable cuff tear 2011, Springer
- Textbook of orthopaedics, trauma, and rheumatology. 2nd ed. 2013, ClinicalKeyClinical History and Examination -- Physiology and pathology of the musculoskeletal system -- Epidemiology and genetics of rheumatic diseases -- Investigations -- Medical management of arthritis -- Musculoskeletal infection -- Role of the allied health professional -- Surgical management of joint disorders -- Fracture management -- Management of multiple trauma -- Children's fractures -- Regional injuries -- Sport and exercise associated problems in adults -- Generalized musculoskeletal problems -- Osteoarthritis and crystal arthropathies -- Inflammatory arthritis -- Systemic diseases -- Systemic complications of rheumatic diseases and rare arthropathies -- Bone disorders -- Tumours of the musculoskeletal system and pathological fractures -- Upper limb -- Cervical and lumbar spine -- Lower limb -- Normal variants in children -- Upper and lower limb disorders in children -- The paediatric spine and neuromuscular conditions -- Arthritis in children -- Sport and exercise associated problems in children and adolescents.
- Textbook of the cervical spine 2015, ClinicalKeyCervical spine anatomy -- Approaches to the upper cervical spine -- Anterior surgical approach to the cervical spine -- Posterior surgical approach to the cervical spine -- Anterior approaches and surgical considerations for pathology of the cervicothoracic junction -- Developmental and congenital disorders of the cervical spine -- Biomechanics of the cervical spine -- Evaluation of the cervical spine -- Radiographic and computed tomography evaluation of the cervical spine -- Magnetic resonance imaging of the cervical spine -- Neurophysiologic monitoring of the cervical spine -- Cervical degenerative disk disease -- Cervical radiculopathy -- Cervical spondylotic myelopathy -- Cervical deformity and treatment algorithms -- Ossification of the posterior longitudinal ligament -- Occipitocervical and upper cervical spine fractures -- Subaxial cervical spine injuries -- Spinal cord injuries and syndromes -- Traumatic arterial injuries : diagnosis and management -- Stingers and transient paresis -- Primary tumors of the spinal cord -- Primary bony tumors of the cervical spine -- Metastatic disease of the cervical spine -- Infections of the cervical spine -- Tuberculosis of the cervical spine -- Rheumatoid arthritis of the cervical spine -- Ankylosing spondylitis of the cervical spine -- Syringomyelia -- Anterior cervical diskectomy and fusion -- Anterior cervical corpectomy and fusion and hybrid techniques -- Cervical disk arthroplasty -- Anterior cervical foraminotomy -- Laminectomy and fusion -- Cervical laminoplasty -- Posterior cervical endoscopic laminoforaminotomy -- Osteotomies of the cervical spine -- Occipitocervical fixation -- C1 lateral mass and C2 pedicle screw fixation -- C1-C2 transarticular screws -- C2 translaminar screw fixation -- Cervical pedicle screws -- Lateral mass screws -- Interspinous wiring -- Minimally invasive techniques in the cervical spine -- Image-guided navigation for cervical spine surgery -- Biologics for intervertebral disk regeneration and repair -- Biologics for spinal fusion -- Intervertebral disk transplantation -- Vascular injuries -- Spinal cord and nerve injuries in the cervical spine -- Tracheoesophageal injuries -- Dural tear -- Wound complications -- Adjacent segment disease -- Nonunions and implant failures of the cervical spine.
- Thromboembolism in orthopedic surgery 2013, Springer1. Thromboembolism in Orthopedic Surgery: Scope of the Problem / Bengt I. Eriksson and Ola E. Dahl -- 2. Incidence of Venous Thromboembolism in Orthopedic Surgery / Ajay K. Kakkar and Sophie K. Rushton-Smith -- 3. Specific Risk Factors for Venous Thromboembolism in Orthopedics / Lasse J. Lapidus -- 4. Diagnosis and Treatment of Deep Vein Thrombosis and Pulmonary Embolism After Major Joint Surgery / Manuel Monreal and Juan I. Arcelus -- 5. Drugs for Thromboprophylaxis: Unfractionated Heparin, Low Molecular Weight Heparin, Warfarin, and Fondaparinux / José Aguirre and Alain Borgeat -- 6. New Drugs for Thromboprophylaxis: Apixaban, Dabigatran, Rivaroxaban / Raquel Ferrandis -- 7. Effectiveness of Mechanical Devices in Orthopedic Surgery / David J. Warwick -- 8. Anesthetic Implications of Thromboprophylaxis / Sibylle A. Kozek-Langenecker -- 9. Thromboprophylaxis in High-Risk Orthopedic Surgery: Total Hip and Knee Arthroplasty and Hip Fracture / Juan V. Llau and Raquel Ferrandis -- 10. Thromboprophylaxis in Day Surgery: Knee Arthroscopy and Ligamentoplasty (Ligament Reconstruction) / James E. Muntz, Steven E. Flores, and Walter R. Lowe -- 11. Thromboprophylaxis in Special Patients: Multiple Trauma, Head Trauma, and Spine Surgery / Maria J. Colomina, Lidia Mora, and Esther Ciércoles -- 12. Management of Antiaggregated and Anticoagulated Patients Scheduled for Orthopedic Surgery / Raquel Ferrandis and Juan V. Llau.
- Part I: Ceramic-on-Ceramic Articulations -- Technology and Handling of Ceramic Implants -- Long-Term Stability of Ceramic Composite in Total Hip Arthroplasty -- Ceramic-Ceramic Bearing in Difficult Hips (Primary and Revision) -- Alumina-on-Alumina Bearings in Hip Arthroplasty: What Every Surgeon Should Know -- Part II: Metal-on-Metal Articulations -- Metal-on-Metal Resurfacing and the Cost to the Nation: A Conservative Estimate of the Unexpected Costs Required to Implement the New Metal-on-Metal Follow-Up Programme in the UK -- A Clinicopathological Study of Metal-on-Metal Hips Revised for Suspected Adverse Reactions to Metal Debris -- Metal-on-Metal Bearings and Surgical Techniques in Active Patients with Severe Hip Deformity -- The Incidence of Pseudotumour in Metal-on-Metal Hip Resurfacing and the Results of a Screening Tool for Patient Recall -- Part III: Polyethylene - Standard and New Improvements -- New Polys and Large Heads: Clinical Aspects -- The Influence of Head Material on Polyethylene Wear -- Basic Science and Longtime Results of Different Polyethylene Articulations -- Part IV: Large Diameter Heads -- Head Size and Metal-on-Metal Bearings -- Aseptic Loosening of Metal-on-Metal (MOM) Total Hip Arthroplasties (THA) with Large-Diameter Heads -- Large Head Articulations: Benefits and Drawbacks -- Can the Increased Loosening Rate of the Modular-Neck Hip Systems Be Attributed to Geometric Design Parameters? An Alternative Approach Using Finite Element Analysis -- Fracture of the Titanium Neck in a Modular Femoral Component -- Part V: Clinical Aspects -- Wear of Hard-on-Hard Bearings in the Hip: The Influence of Loss of Conformity Under Edge Loading -- Considerations for the Use of Bearing Partners in Total Hip Arthroplasty -- Total Hip Arthroplasty Using a Short, Metaphyseal-Fitting Anatomic Cementless Femoral Component in Patients with Femoral Head Osteonecrosis Who Are Less than 30 Years Old -- Survival of Monoblock Acetabular Cups Versus an Uncemented Modular Cup Design: A Population-Based Study from the Swedish Hip Arthroplasty Register.
- Introduction: Tribology of hip prostheses -- wear performance and reliability -- effect of materials and head size -- How to treat failures related to articulation. Polyethylene articulations: Oxidation prevention with vitamin E in a HXLPE isoelastic monoblock pressfit cup -- Preliminary results -- In-Vitro Wear Testing of Conventional vs. Sequentially Cross-Linked Polyethylene Liners in Combination with Different Ceramic Femoral Heads -- Characterization of Vitamin E-blended UHMWPE for higher in vivo performance in orthopaedic arthroplasty -- Long-term reduction of wear and osteolysis with crosslinked PE? 13-years follow-up of a prospectively randomized comparison with conventional PE. Metal articulations: Metal-on-metal bearings in hip surgery: The London Implant Retrieval Centre Experience -- Total Hip Arthroplasty with a large diameter metal-on-metal cup (Durom) and a standard stem -- Short term results -- Polyethylene wear in metal-backed cups -- A retrospective analysis of 200 uncemented metal-backed cups. Immunological adverse reaction associated with low carbide content metal-on-metal bearings in a contemporary cementless total hip arthroplasty. Ceramic articulations: Fracture and squeaking in ceramic-on-ceramic bearings -- is it really a concern?- Long term stability of ceramic composite in total hip arthroplasty -- Ceramic-on-ceramic bearings in hip arthroplasty: a clinical review. Miscellaneous: Study of a titanium dual mobility socket with a mean follow-up of 18 years -- ECIMATM for low wear, good mechanical properties and oxidation resistance of hip bearings.
- Total knee arthroplasty. Second edition. [2nd ed.] 2014, ClinicalKeyPosterior cruciate ligament retention versus substitution -- Mobile versus fixed bearings in total knee arthroplasty -- Primary total knee arthroplasty surgical technique -- Total knee arthroplasty in severe varus deformity -- Total knee arthroplasty in severe valgus deformity -- Patellofemoral complications associated with total knee arthroplasty -- Stiffness before and after total knee arthroplasty -- Flexion contracture associated with total knee arthroplasty -- Total knee arthroplasty after osteotomy -- Total knee arthroplasty in rheumatoid arthritis -- Bone stock deficiency in total knee arthroplasty -- Bilateral simultaneous total knee arthroplasty -- Sepsis and total knee arthroplasty -- Staying out and getting out of trouble during total knee arthroplasty -- Repeat operation after total knee arthroplasty -- Unicompartmental knee arthroplasty -- Unicompartmental knee arthroplasty technique -- Frequently asked questions concerning total knee arthroplasty.
- Total knee replacement 2009, ClinicalKeyUnicompartmental Knee Arthroplasty -- Posterior Cruciate Ligament-Retaining Total Knee Arthroplasty -- Posterior-Stabilized Technique -- Methods of Rotational Alignment in Primary Total Knee Arthroplasty -- Valgus Total Knee Replacement -- Total Knee Replacement in the Varus Knee -- Tibial Component Alignment in Total Knee Arthroplasty: Intramedullary, Extramedullary, and Computer-Assisted Techniques -- Quadriceps-Sparing Total Knee Arthroplasty -- Minimally Invasive Total Knee Arthroplasty with Limited Medial Parapatellar Arthrotomy -- Minimally Invasive Subvastus Approach for Total Knee Arthroplasty -- Minimal Incision Total Knee Arthroplasty: the Mini-Midvastus Approach -- Monoblock Total Knee Arthroplasty -- Cementless Fixation -- Cemented Total Knee Arthroplasty -- Principles of Revision Total Knee Replacement -- Preoperative Planning for Revision Total Knee Replacement -- Surgical Exposures for Revision Total Knee Arthroplasty -- Soft Tissue Balancing in Revision Total Knee Arthroplasty -- Removing Well-Fixed Implants -- Revision of Failed Unicompartmental Knee Arthroplasty -- Cemented Stem Fixation in Revision Total Knee Arthroplasty -- Uncemented Stems in Revision Total Knee Arthroplasty -- PROSTALAC Articulating Spacer for Infected Total Knee Replacements -- Impaction Bone Grafting for Defects in Revision Total Knee Arthroplasty -- Treatment of Periprosthetic Femoral Fractures above a Total Knee Arthroplasty -- Knee Arthrodesis with an Intramedullary Nail After Failed Total Knee Arthroplasty -- Flexion and Extension Gap Balancing in Revision Total Knee Arthroplasty -- Extensor Mechanism Reconstruction in Total Knee Arthroplasty -- Metal Augments -- Metaphyseal Porous Metal Cones -- Structural Allografting -- Porous Tantalum for Patellar Reconstruction in Revision Total Knee Arthroplasty -- Cancellous Patellar Bone Grafting in Revision Total Knee Arthroplasty -- Hinged Total Knee Arthroplasty.
- Assesses the current state of the science regarding primary and revision total knee replacements. References appear in 5 broad categories that parallel topics presented at the conference, with many of the topics further broken down. Citations may appear in only one category.
- Trauma management in orthopedics 2013, SpringerTrauma Management in Orthopedics has been written to serve as a general introduction to the field of trauma in the field of orthopedics. It is composed of a number of commonly seen disorders and with a corresponding therapeutic pathway, clearly explained with numerous xrays and diagrams to aid the reader in their understanding of these useful procedures.The book is intended as a basic resource for trainees and junior surgeons, but will also be useful to more experienced specialists who require an easy to follow clinical guide to assist in day to day practice of orthopedic trauma management.
- Trauma surgery. Volume 1, Trauma management, trauma critical care, orthopaedic trauma and neuro-trauma 2014, SpringerTrauma surgery has increasingly become a specialized field inspired by different principles and philosophy. A good trauma surgeon is a surgeon who knows how to perform abdominal vascular, thoracic, urologic, gynecologic, and orthopaedic procedures and is able to repair multiple traumatic injuries in the best sequence possible. In this first volume, practical, up-to-date guidance is provided on the optimal critical care and ICU management of trauma patients. In addition, individual chapters focus on specific injuries in orthopaedic trauma (and especially spinal trauma) and neurotrauma, with the aim of providing a fresh view of the surgical approach and practical suggestions for improving the skills of treating surgeons. Educational issues and the organization of a trauma center are also covered. The volume will be a handy pocket guide for trainee surgeons and any surgeon, physician, or nurse who treats trauma patients. It will be particularly relevant for emergency department physicians, critical care and ICU doctors, orthopaedic surgeons, neurosurgeons, and professionals responsible for trauma care and decision making, programs of trauma education, or organization of a trauma center.
- Trauma-- core knowledge in orthopaedics 2008, ClinicalKeyThis volume delivers broad, practical knowledge of trauma diagnosis and management in a high-yield format that enables quick mastery of the material. A consistent organization by body region, summary tables and boxes, bulleted lists, and detailed artwork make this reference perfect for quick review of the essential knowledge.
- Traumatic injuries of the knee 2013, SpringerDistal femoral fractures -- Tibial plateau fractures -- Patellar fractures -- Patellar dislocations and osteochondral fractures -- Traumatic knee dislocation -- Floating knee -- Nonunion and malunion around the knee -- Knee extensor mechanism injuries -- Anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injuries -- Runner's knee and pataellar tendinopathy.
- Treatment of bone and soft tissue sarcomas 2009, Springer
- 1. Anatomy and Biomechanics of the Elbow / A. Celli -- 2. The Clinical Examination of the Elbow / A. Hinssche, D. Stanley -- 3. Imaging of the Elbow / V. Spina, L. Baldini -- 4. Elbow Surgical Approaches / A. Celli, L. Celli -- 5. The Treatment of Distal Humerus Fractures / S.W. O'Driscoll -- 6. The Fractures of the Olecranon / J.E. Adams, S.P. Steinmann -- 7. The Radial Head Fractures / M.W. Hartman, S.P. Steinmann -- 8. The Treatment of Coronoid Fractures and their Complications / A.G. Schneeberger -- 9. Lateral Collateral Ligament Injury / D. Stanley -- 10. The Complex Dislocations of the Elbow / G.J.W. King -- 11. The Fracture-Dislocation of the Forearm (Monteggia and Essex-Lopresti Lesions) / A. Celli, M.C. Marongiu, M. Fontana, L. Celli -- 12. The Instability after Radial Head Excision / S.L. Jensen -- 13. The Radial Head Prosthesis: Historical Perspective / C. Rovesta, C. Minervini, G. Bonanno, L. Celli -- 14. The Swanson Radial Head Prosthesis / B. Martinelli -- 15. Bipolar Radial Head Prosthesis / A. Celli -- 16. Evolve Modular Metallic Radial Head Arthroplasty / G.J.W. King -- 17. Radial Head Prosthetic Replacement with the Avanta Implant / B.F. Morrey -- 18. Radial Head Replacement with a Pyrocarbon Head Prothesis: Preliminary Results of a Multicentric Prospective Study / Y. Allieu, M. Winter, J.P. Pequignot, P. De Mourgues -- 19. Elbow Stiffness / A. Celli, L. Celli -- 20. The Arthroscopic Treatment of the Stiff Elbow / S.W. O'Driscoll -- 21. The Surgery of Neglected Distal Humerus Fractures in Children and Adults / L.P. Müller, M. Hansen, B.F. Morrey, K.J. Prommersberger, P.M. Rommens -- 22. Total Elbow Replacement for Rheumatoid Arthritis / B.F. Morrey -- 23. Total Elbow Arthroplasty in Acute Fracture / A. Celli -- 24. Latitude Convertible Total Elbow Prosthesis / G.J.W. King, K. Yamaguchi, S.W. O'Driscoll -- 25. Total Elbow Arthroplasty for Post-traumatic Arthrosis / A.G. Schneeberger, B.F. Morrey -- 26. Revision of Failed Elbow Arthroplasty / B.F. Morrey -- 27. Elbow Nerve Tunnel Syndromes / A. Celli, C. Rovesta, M.C. Marongiu -- 28. Traumatic Isolated Lesions of Musculocutaneous Nerve / C. Rovesta, M.C. Marongiu, G. Bonanno, A. Celli, L. Celli -- 29. The Traumatic Nerve-Vascular Lesions / R. Adani, G. Leo, L. Tarallo -- 30. The Utility of Continuous Axial Brachial Plexus Catheters after Surgery / F. Gazzotti, L.V. Indrizzi, G. Magni, E. Bertellini, A. Tassi -- 31. Elbow Brace in Physical Therapy / R. Rotini, A. Marinelli.
- Treatment of osteoarthritic change in the hip joint preservation or joint replacement? 2007, Springer
- Tribology in total hip and knee arthroplasty potential drawbacks and benefits of commonly used materials 2014, SpringerWear and osteolysis are still the most important potential problems in total hip and knee arthroplasty. Although technology in arthroplasty has been improved dramatically during the past decade, the clinical data relating to some implants reveal that many concerns remain. During the "Tribology Day" within the scientific programme of the 2013 EFORT Congress in Istanbul, the main topics included these concerns as well as the benefits of the materials most commonly used in total hip and knee arthroplasty. This book includes the presentations delivered on the day and covers a range of interesting issues regarding metal, ceramic, and polyethylene articulations. It provides information on the current concepts relating to tribology in total hip arthroplasty and offers a critical outlook on possible improvements in total knee arthroplasty.
- Tribology in total hip arthroplasty 2011, Springer
- Tumors of the spine 2008, ClinicalKeyAchieve optimal outcomes for your patients with this new multimedia reference. Organized by tumor then by region, this resource details diagnostic and therapeutic options for primary and malignant spinal tumors. Over 25 key procedures--including minimally invasive surgery--are presented in a concise, stepwise fashion, putting the key information you need right at your fingertips! Over 600 illustrations round out this exhaustive new reference. Keep up to date on the latest advances in diagnosis and therapy with discussions of the latest surgical techniques, including minimally invasive spine surgery. Chapter templating helps you understand the entire procedure as well as key aspects, pearls and pitfalls, before heading into the OR. Have all the information you need to make a diagnosis and plan patient management with oversized, full color clinical photos and line drawings that illustrate key diagnoses and surgical procedures.
- UHMWPE biomaterials handbook ultra high molecular weight polyethylene in total joint replacement and medical devices. 2nd ed. 2009, ScienceDirectFulltext KnovelA primer on UHMWPE / Steven M. Kurtz -- From ethylene gas to UHMWPE component : the process of producing orthopedic implants / Steven M. Kurtz -- Packaging and sterilization of UHMWPE / Steven M. Kurtz -- The origins of UHMWPE in total hip arthroplasty / Steven M. Kurtz -- The clinical performance of UHMWPE hip replacements / Steven M. Kurtz -- Contemporary total hip arthoplasty : hard-on-hard bearings and highly crosslinked UHMWPE / Steven M. Kurtz, Kevin Ong -- The origins and adaptations of UHMWPE for knee replacements / Steven M. Kurtz -- The clinical performance of UHMWPE in knee replacements / Steven M. Kurtz -- The clinical performance of UHMWPE in shoulder replacements / Stefan M. Gabriel -- The clinical performance of UHMWPE in elbow replacements / Judd S. Day -- Applications of UHMWPE in total ankle replacements / Allyson Ianuzzi, Chimba Mkandawire -- The clinical performance of UHMWPE in the spine / Steven M. Kurtz, Marta L. Villarraga, Allyson Ianuzzi -- Highly crosslinked and melted UHMWPE / Orhun K. Muratoglu -- Highly crosslinked and annealed UHMWPE / John H. Dumbleton, Aiguo Wang, Kate Sutton ...[et al.] -- Highly crosslinked UHMWPE doped with vitamin E / Ebru Oral, Orhun K. Muratoglu -- Vitamin-E-blended UHMWPE biomaterials / Steven M. Kurtz, Pierangiola Bracco, Luigi Costa -- Composite UHMWPE biomaterials and fibers / Steven M. Kurtz -- UHMWPE / hyluronan microcomposite biomaterials / Susan P. James, Rachel (Kurkowski) Oldinski, Min Zhang ...[et al.] -- High pressure crystallized UHMWPEs / Anuj Bellare, Steven M. Kurtz -- Compendium of highly crosslinked UHMWPEs / Steven M. Kurtz -- Mechanisms of crosslinking, oxidative degradation and stabilization of UHMWPE / Luigi Costa, Pierangiola Bracco -- In vivo of UHMWPE / Steven M. Kurtz -- Pathophysiologic reactions to UHMWPE wear particles / Marla J. Steinbeck, Ryan M. Baxter, Theresa A. Freeman -- Characterization of physical, chemical, and mechanical properties of UHMWPE / Stephen Spielgelberg -- Tribological assessment of UHMWPE in the hip / Aaron Essner MS, Aiguo Wang -- Tribological assessment of UHMWPE in the knee / Hani Haider -- Characterization of UHMWPE wear particles / Tipper JL., Richards L., Ingham E. ...[et al.] -- Clinical surveillance of UHMWPE using radiographic methods / Charles R. Bragdon -- ESR insights into macroradicals in UHMWPE / M. Shah Jahan -- Fatigue and fracture of UHMWPE / Francisco J. Medel, Jevan Furmanski -- Development and application of the notched tensile test to UHMWPE / Michael C. Sobieraj, Clare M. Rimnac -- Development and application of the small punch test to UHMWPE / Avram A. Edidin -- Nano- and microindentation testing of UHMWPE / Jeremy L. Gilbert, James D. Wernle -- MicroCT analysis of wear and damage in UHMWPE / Daniel MacDonald, Anton Bowden, Steven M. Kurtz -- Computer modeling and simulation of UHMWPE / Anton E. Bowden, Erin Oneida, Jorgen Bergström.
- Ultrasonography of the upper extremity hand and wrist 2014, SpringerThis practice-oriented book, containing a wealth of high-quality ultrasound images, provides clear, concise, and complete coverage of the normal anatomy of the hand and wrist - tendons, nerves, and vascular structures - as well as the main pathologic conditions encountered in this area. The ultrasound images have been acquired with state of the art scanners and carefully labeled to facilitate recognition of each and every anatomic structure. Helpful comparison is also made with images and findings obtained using other diagnostic techniques, including in particular magnetic resonance imaging. The lucid text is complemented by practical tables summarizing key points for ease of reference. Readers will find Ultrasonography of the Upper Extremity to be a rich source of information on anatomy, examination techniques, and ultrasound appearances of one of the anatomic regions to have benefited the most from the technological revolution that has taken place in the field of ultrasonography during recent years. The book will appeal to both novice and experienced practitioners, including above all radiologists and ultrasound technicians but also rheumatologists and orthopedic surgeons.
- Ultrasound of the musculoskeletal system 2007, Springer
- Ultrasound-guided musculoskeletal procedures. The upper limb 2012, Springerpt. 1.General Aspects of US-guided Musculoskeletal Procedures --General Aspects of US-guided Musculoskeletal Procedures /Armando Conchiglia, Lorenzo Maria Gregori, Luigi Zugaro and Carlo Masciocchi --pt. I.The Shoulder --The Shoulder: Focused US Anatomy and Examination Technique /Enzo Silvestri and Davide Orlandi --Subacromial-Subdeltoid Bursa Injections /Enzo Silvestri --Treament of Calcific Tendinitis of the Rotator Cuff /Giovanni Serafini and Luca Maria Sconfienza --Calcific Enthesopathy Dry-Needling /Francesca Lacelli --Hyaluronic Supplementation of the Subacromial Space /Giovanni Serafini --Intra-articular Injections /Francesca Lacelli --Long Head of the Biceps Brachii Tendon Injection /Luca Maria Sconfienza --Acromioclavicular Joint Injection /Enzo Silvestri --pt. II.The Elbow --The Elbow: Focused US Anatomy and Examination Technique /Enzo Silvestri and Emanuele Fabbro --Treatment of Lateral Epicondylitis /Giovanni Serafini --Treatment of Medial Epicondylitis /Enzo Silvestri --Olecranon Bursa Drainage /Francesca Lacelli --Intra-articular Injections /Luca Maria Sconfienza --pt. III.The Wrist --The Wrist: Focused US Anatomy and Examination Technique /Enzo Silvestri and Giulio Ferrero --Treament of De Quervain's Disease and Other Forms of Tenosynovitis /Giovanni Serafini --Articular Ganglia Drainage /Leonardo Callegari --Trapeziometacarpal Joint Injection /Francesca Lacelli --Radiocarpal Joint Injections /Luca Maria Sconfienza --pt. IV.The Hand --The Hand: Focused US Anatomy and Examination Technique --Francesca Lacelli and Chiara Martini --Treatment of Trigger Finger /Leonardo Callegari --Intra-articular Injections: Metacarpophalangeal and Interphalangeal Joints /Luca Maria Sconfienza.
- Visual guide to musculoskeletal tumors a clinical, radiologic, histologic approach. 1st ed. 2010, ClinicalKeyThis book uses a pattern-recognition approach to help you diagnose challenging musculoskeletal tumors with confidence. With an easy-to-use format, it is the only resource that correlates histology studies and imaging studies. By comparing images these superb-quality, large-scale images, you can master pattern recognition for the 30 most important musculoskeletal tumors and make informed, effective, and rapid decisions on diagnosis and treatment.
- Well-cemented total hip arthroplasty theory and practice 2005, Springer
- Wrist arthroscopy 2005, Springer
- Young adult hip in sport 2014, SpringerThis book reviews the anatomy, imaging, and variety of surgical modalities available for the full spectrum of presentations of hip disease. Coverage ranges from problems in childhood and adolescence that limit activity, all the way through to sports-related problems with articular cartilage, the labrum, and impingement.
364 to 482 of 482 titles
View by page
- 5-minute orthopaedic consult. 2nd ed. — Diagnostic imaging of the hand (121)
- Diet, nutrients, and bone health — Learning musculoskeletal imaging (121)
- Lovell and Winter's pediatric orthopaedics. editors, Stuart L. Weinstine and John M. (Jack) Flynn.. 7th ed. — Personalized management of head & neck cancer (121)
- Physeal injury other than fracture — Young adult hip in sport (119)
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Access restricted to Stanford unless otherwise noted.
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Springer Protocols
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.Large number of high quality software and database programming titles from O'Reilly. Other software titles are also available from Sams and Prentice Hall. Limited to 7 concurrent users.Vast collection of software and database programming titles from multiple publishers, including Microsoft Press.Largest provider of engineering-related eBooks; includes titles in computer science and biomedical engineering.Over 4,000 full-text e-books covering scientific and technical information from CRC Press and others. Many handbooks and single volume reference sources.A repository of medical knowledge from internal medicine, cardiology, genetics, pharmacy, diagnosis and management, basic sciences, patient care, and more. Continuously expanding, all databases in the repository contain the latest editions of selected medical titles.Includes peer-reviewed life science and biomedical research protocols compiled from Methods in Molecular Biology, Methods in Molecular Medicine, Methods in Biotechnology, Methods in Pharmacology and Toxicology, Neuromethods, the Biomethods Handbook, the Proteomics Handbook, and Springer Laboratory Manuals.Contains full text access to selected biomedical and nursing books.Provides one-click access to important clinical resources; includes evidence-based diagnosis and treatment guidelines, Books, EBM articles, Ovid MEDLINE, Drug facts and comparisons, Drug interaction facts, guidelines from National Guideline Clearinghouse, patient handouts (English and Spanish), and local content.ClinicalKey provides access to textbooks, electronic journals, practice guidelines, drug information, and patient education handouts.A collection of biomedical books that can be searched directly by concept, and linked to terms in PubMed abstracts.Provides online, full-text access to Springer's journal titles as well as journals from other publishers. Subjects include: life sciences, chemical sciences, environmental sciences, geosciences, computer science, mathematics, medicine, physics and astronomy, engineering and economics. Also includes eBooks.Collection of over 8 thousand fulltext titles in engineering, math, and basic and applied biomedical research. Coverage is from 1967 to the present.A library of ebooks on a wide array of topics, digitized and made available online in conjunction with the original publishers.