Books by Subject
- 5-minute orthopaedic consult. 2nd ed. — Common musculoskeletal problems (100)
- Complex fractures of the limbs — Inherited neuromuscular diseases (100)
- Internal derangements of joints. 2nd ed. — Pediatric orthopedic surgical emergencies (100)
- Pediatric orthopedics in practice — Young adult hip in sport (88)
OrthopedicsAccess restricted to Stanford unless otherwise noted
- Internal derangements of joints. 2nd ed. 2007, ClinicalKey
- Internal fixation of femoral neck fractures 2007, Springer
- International advances in foot and ankle surgery 2012, SpringerDistal First Metatarsal Osteotomy -- Hallux Valgus: Proximal First Metatarsal Osteotomies -- The Lapidus Procedure -- Hallux Rigidus: The Valenti Arthroplasty -- Hallux Rigidus: Distal First Metatarsal Osteotomy/Hohmann Procedure -- Hallux Rigidus: Proximal Phalangeal Osteotomy/Enclavement Procedure -- Arthrodesis of the First Metatarsophalangeal Joint -- Hallux Rigidus: First Metatarsal Head Resurfacing -- Revision Hallux Valgus Surgery -- Second Metatarsophalangeal Joint Arthropathy -- Tailor's Bunionectomy -- Surgical Treatment of Hammer Toe, Claw Toe, and Mallet Toe Deformity -- Current Techniques of Toenail Surgery -- Forefoot Trauma -- Fractures of the Calcaneus -- Fractures of the Talus -- Percutaneous Plating of Ankle Fractures -- Ankle Instability -- Insertional and Midsubstance Achilles Tendinopathy -- Peroneal Tendinopathy -- First Metatarsophalangeal Joint Sesamoidopathy -- Turf Toe Injuries -- Lisfranc's and Midfoot Injuries -- Stress Fractures of the Foot and Ankle in Athletes -- Plantar Fasciitis -- Osteochondral Lesions of the Talus -- Os Trigonum Injuries -- Syndesmosis Injuries -- Acute Repair of Ruptured Foot and Ankle Tendons in Athletic Patients -- Chronic Compartment Syndrome of Leg and Foot -- Pedal Amputations in Diabetes -- Charcot Foot and Ankle Disease -- Rheumatoid Foot Reconstruction -- The Pediatric Foot -- Surgical Treatment of Flexible Flatfoot in Adolescents with Bioabsorbable Implant -- Acquired Adult Flatfoot Deformity -- Cavus Foot -- Advances in Anterior Ankle and Subtalar Arthroscopy -- Posterior Ankle Arthroscopy and Endoscopy -- Endoscopic Gastrocnemius Recession -- The Use of External Fixation in the Lower Extremity -- Intramedullary Nail Fixation for Tibiotalocalcaneal Arthrodesis -- Total Ankle Arthroplasty: The US Experience -- Tumors and Tumor-Like Lesions of the Foot and Ankle: Diagnosis and Treatment -- Postoperative Physical Therapy for Foot and Ankle Surgery.
- 1. Understanding spinal cord injury -- 2. A global picture of spinal cord injury -- 3. Prevention of spinal cord injury -- 4. Health care and rehabilitation needs -- 5. Health systems strengthening -- 6. Attitudes, relationships and adjustment -- 7. Spinal cord injury and enabling environments -- 8. Education and employment -- 9. The way forward, recommendations -- Technical appendices A-D -- Glossary -- Index.
- Intervertebral disc 2014, SpringerThe intervertebral disc is composed of a complex tissue that separates neighboring vertebrae, permits a wide range of motion, and cushions the high biomechanical forces on the spine. Disc degeneration leads to a loss of function and is often associated with excruciating pain. Written by leading scientists and clinicians, this is the only book in the past fifty years devoted entirely to the study of the intervertebral disc. The first part of the book provides a review of the basic biology of the disc in health and disease. The second part considers strategies for mitigating the effects of disc degeneration and discusses the possibility of engineering replacement tissues. The final section is dedicated to approaches that model normal development, and the elucidation of the pathogenesis of degenerative disc disease using animal, organ and cell culture techniques. This unique and authoritative book bridges the gap between the basic and clinical sciences; its target audience includes basic scientists, orthopedists, neurologists, rehabilitation and physical therapists, primary care physicians and chiropractors, while it also addresses the needs of graduate students, medical students, interns, fellows, and patients who suffer from disc-related pathologies.
- Knee arthroplasty handbook 2006, Springer
- Knee arthroscopy 2009, SpringerKnee arthroscopy : technique and normal anatomy / Anthony Schena and Glen Ross -- Partial meniscectomy / Laurie M. Katz and Paul P. Weitzel -- Meniscus repair and future directions / Michael J. Angel, Jordan Kerker, and Nicholas Sgaglione -- Meniscal allograft transplantation / David M. Junkin, Jr., Jayesh K. Patel, and Darren L. Johnson -- Arthroscopic treatment of the osteoarthritic knee / Carl T. Talmo and James V. Bono -- Current concepts in articular cartilage / Brian P. McKeon -- Patellofemoral disorders / Jeffrey T. Spang and John P. Fulkerson -- Surgical management of anterior cruciate ligament injuries / Mark E. Steiner -- Posterior cruciate ligament and posterolateral corner reconstruction / Gregory C. Fanelli ... [et al.] -- Arthrofibrosis and synovial lesions of the knee / John C. Richmond and Iván Encalada-Diaz -- Arthroscopic treatment of knee fractures / S.L. Mortimer and Robert Hunter.
- Knee joint 2012, SpringerPushed by the progress of biology, technology and biomechanics, knee surgery has dramatically evolved in the last decades. This book is a "state of the art" concerning all aspects of knee surgery from ligament reconstruction to Total Knee Arthroplasty. An international panel of renowned authors have worked on this didactic fully illustrated book. It will help young surgeons to understand basic sciences and modern sugical techniques. The experienced surgeon will find help to deal with difficult cases and clarifications in recent technologic advances such as cartilage surgery, navigation and mini invasive surgery.
- Knee joint arthroplasty 2014, SpringerThis book presents up-to-date knowledge on all aspects of total knee joint arthroplasty (TKA). It opens by considering indications for TKA and implant selection, covering basic science, design, and prosthetic materials. The basic and advanced operative procedures, along with theoretical background, are then described in detail for both primary and revision surgery. The operative techniques for TKA in specific and complex conditions are included. Complications of TKA and their treatment are also discussed, and clear guidance is provided on postoperative management and patient education. The author introduces his personal surgical tips and opinions on controversial issues based on his experience of TKA in some 6,000 cases. Numerous helpful illustrations and radiographs from the author's caseload are presented to assist readers in carrying out the described procedures.
- Knee ligament injuries 2014, SpringerKnee ligament injuries are very common and are frequently sports related, although they may arise from trauma experienced during everyday activities. This book provides in-depth descriptions of the extra articular surgical techniques that may be employed when performing ligament reconstruction in patients with injuries involving the posterolateral and posteromedial corners of the knee. It is intended as a practical, how to manual that will be of value for both the trainee and the more experienced surgeon. Many of the techniques relate to the central pivot of the knee, i.e. the anterior and posterior cruciate ligaments. For each technique, indications, presurgical planning, postsurgical follow-up and complications are discussed in addition to the surgical details. Numerous tips and pearls are provided and the techniques are clearly depicted in informative high-quality illustrations.
- Knee surgery using computer assisted surgery and robotics 2013, SpringerThis book discusses the full range of current applications of computer-assisted surgery and robotics in the field of knee surgery, and also considers potential future applications. The impact of computer-assisted surgery on a wide range of surgical procedures is clearly explained. Procedures considered include total knee arthroplasty, unicompartmental knee arthroplasty, cruciate ligament reconstruction, patellofemoral arthroplasty, and revision surgery. In each case, technical aspects are thoroughly addressed in a readily understandable manner. Knee Surgery Using Computer-Assisted Surgery and Robotics will be an ideal guide to this exciting field for both novice and more experienced surgeons who treat knee injuries and disorders.
- Learning musculoskeletal imaging 2010, Springer
- "Now in its updated Seventh Edition, Lovell and Winter's Pediatric Orthopaedics remains a must-have for physicians and residents treating infants, children, and adolescents with orthopaedic problems. This classic, comprehensive reference covers the basic science, clinical manifestations, and management of orthopaedic problems in children. Now in full color, the foremost orthopaedists examine normal musculoskeletal development and the causes, diagnosis, and treatment of the entire range of abnormalities, with emphasis on evidence-based decision making in treatment selection. The clinical chapters include pearls and pitfalls and a description of the author's preferred approach. The book will now cover surgical techniques of management with step-by-step illustrations from the Atlas of Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgery."--Provided by publisher.
- Lumbar spine. 3rd ed. 2004, Ovid
- Technical advances in musculoskeletal imaging -- Surface coil imaging -- The hip -- The knee -- The ankle and foot -- Entrapment neuropathies of the lower extremity -- Articular cartilage -- The shoulder -- The elbow -- The wrist and hand -- MR imaging of the fingers -- Entrapment neuropathies of the upper extremity -- Marrow imaging -- Bone and soft-tissue tumors.
- Magnetic resonance imaging of the bone marrow 2013, SpringerPart I. Histology and Normal Bone Marrow -- Histology of Normal Bone and Bone Marrow, and Their Main Disorders / Reiner Bartl -- MR Imaging of the Normal Bone Marrow and Normal Variants / Bruno C. Vande Berg, P. Omoumi, C. Galant, N. Michoux, and F. E. Lecouvet -- Part II. Bone Marrow Neoplasia -- Haematological Bone Marrow Malignancies / Sung Kim, Kathleen Carrigan, and Michael Mulligan -- MRI of Bone Metastases / Gerwin Paul Schmidt and Andrea Baur-Melnyk -- Multiple Myeloma / Andrea Baur-Melnyk and Melvin D'Anastasi -- MRI for Response Assessment in Oncologic Bone Marrow Lesions / F. Lecouvet, P. Omoumi, A. Larbi, B. Tombal, N. Michoux, B. Vande Berg, and J. Malghem -- Differentiation of Benign and Malignant Vertebral Compression Fractures / Andrea Baur-Melnyk and Tobias Geith -- Part III. Benign Processes Affecting the Bone Marrow -- Diseases of the Reticuloendothelial System / Robert Hemke and Mario Maas -- Anemias and Bone Marrow Insufficiency / Iris-Melanie Noebauer-Huhmann and Martin Uffmann -- Osteonecrosis and Bone Infarction / Anastasia Fotiadou and Apostolos Karantanas -- Bone Marrow Edema Syndrome / Alain Blum, Sophie Lecocq, Matthias Louis, and Pedro Teixeira -- Bone Marrow Changes in Acute and Chronic Trauma / Filip M. Vanhoenacker, Michiel Eyselbergs, and Annick Demeyere -- Infective Inflammatory Bone Disease / Klaus Bohndorf and Hassan Douis -- Non-Infective Inflammatory Bone Marrow Disease / Bernhard J. Tins and Victor N. Cassar-Pullicino -- Part IV. Technical Aspects in Bone Marrow Imaging -- Techniques for Diffusion and Perfusion Assessment in Bone-Marrow MRI / Olaf Dietrich -- Magnetic Resonance Imaging of the Bone Marrow Contrast Media for Bone Marrow Imaging / Daniel Golovko, Elizabeth Sutton, and Heike E. Daldrup-Link.
- Magnetic resonance imaging of the knee 2013, SpringerThis abundantly illustrated atlas of MR imaging of the knee documents normal anatomy and a wide range of pathologies. In addition to the high-quality images, essential clinical information is presented in bullet point lists and diagnostic tips are included to assist in differential diagnosis. Concise explanations and guidance are also provided on the MR pulse sequences suitable for imaging of the knee, with identification of potential artifacts. This book will be an invaluable asset for busy radiologists, from residents to consultants. It will be ideal for carrying at all times for use in daily reading sessions and is not intended as a reference to be read in the library or in non-clinical settings.
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging of the Skeletal Musculature 2014, Springer
- Low back pain is described as a very common condition that tends to affect about 70% of the population at some point in time with varying degrees of symptom severity. Although definitions vary, sciatic pain is generally defined as back-related pain radiating to the leg (normally below the knee and into the foot and toes) and is one of the commonest variations of low back pain. Patients with sciatica typically experience a more persistent and severe type of pain, a less favorable outcome, consume more healthcare resources and have more prolonged disability and absence from work than those with low back pain alone. Managing Sciatica and Radiculopathies in Primary Care Practice provides a comprehensive, up-to-date overview of the subject and key information for primary care practitioners about low back pain in patients, including definitions and causes, current management approaches, diagnostic and treatment algorithms, as well as clinical practice guidelines.
- Manual of orthopaedics. 6th ed. 2006, OvidThe Diagnosis and management of musculoskeletal trauma / Peter A. Cole -- Complications of musculoskeletal trauma / Andrew H. Schmidt -- Prevention and management of acute musculoskeletal infections / Dean Tsukayama -- Acute nontraumatic joint conditions / Dennis R. Clohisy -- Pediatric orthopaedic conditions / Kevin R. Walker -- Common types of emergency splints / Marc F. Swiontkowski -- Cast and bandaging techniques / Marc F. Swiontkowski -- Orthopaedic unit care / John Stark and Marc F. Swiontkowski -- Traction / Marc F. Swiontkowski -- Operating room equipment and techniques / Marc F. Swiontkowski -- Acute spinal injury / Daryll C. Dykes -- Disorders and diseases of the spine / Ensor E. -- Transfeldt and David Polly -- Fractures of the clavicle / Peter A. Cole -- Sternoclavicular and acromioclavicular joint injuries / Peter A. Cole -- Acute shoulder injuries / Daniel D. Buss -- Nonacute shoulder disorders / Daniel D. Buss -- Fractures of the humerus / Thomas E. Varecka and Marc F. Swiontkowski -- Elbow and forearm injuries / Thomas E. Varecka and Marc F. Swiontkowski -- Acute wrist and hand injuries / Matthew D. Putnam -- Nonacute elbow, wrist and hand conditions / Matthew D. Putnam -- Fractures of the pelvis / Marc F. Swiontkowski and David C. Templeman -- Hip dislocations, femoral head fractures, and acetabular fractures / Marc F. Swiontkowski and David C. Templeman -- Fractures of the femur / Andrew H. Schmidt -- Knee injuries: acute and overuse / Elizabeth A. Arendt -- Fractures of the tibia / Mohit Bhandari and Marc F. Swiontkowsk -- Ankle injuries / Fernando A. Pena -- Fractures and dislocations of the foot / J. Chris Coetzee -- Overuse and miscellaneous conditions of the foot and ankle / J. Chris Coetzee -- Aspiration and injection of upper and lower extremities / Fernando A. Pena.
- Manual of spine surgery 2012, SpringerThis manual of spine surgery has become necessary as a consequence of the rapid expansion of instrumented spine surgery using different minimally invasive and non-fusion techniques. To do justice to this development, the manual aims to present the different techniques to spinal surgeons (orthopaedic and neurosurgeons) in a clear and instructive way using detailed illustrations. The description of different open, less invasive or minimally invasive techniques will provide the spinal surgeon with useful guidelines for their use. The success of any spinal operation depends on good definition of the indications, consideration of the contraindications, technical and organisational factors, good operating technique and correct preoperative preparation and positioning of the patient. These points are presented in this book as clearly as possible and are illustrated with detailed high quality artwork.
- Manual of temporal bone exercises 2011, SpringerDrills -- Microscope -- Preparation and Planning -- Identify following structures prior to the surgical exercises -- Mastoid -- Antrostomy -- Mastoidectomy -- Identification of the semicircular canals -- Posterior tympanotomy -- Identification of the facial nerve in its mastoidal portion -- Cochleostomy -- Endolymphatic sac surgery -- Epitympanotomy -- Open mastoid cavity -- Facial nerve decompression -- Labyrinthectomy -- Translabyrinthine approach to the internal auditory canal -- Transtemporal approach to the internal auditory canal -- Perforation of the tympanic membrane -- Ossicular chain reconstruction -- PORP -- TORP -- Stapes surgery -- Malleovestibulopexy.
- Measurement of human locomotion 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Mechanics of cellular bone remodeling 2013, CRCnetBASEIntroduction to bone materials -- Basic bone remodeling theory -- Multifield internal bone remodeling -- Multifield surface bone remodeling -- Theoretical models of bone modeling and remodeling -- Effect of parathyroid hormone on bone metabolism -- Cortical bone remodeling under mechanical stimulus -- Bone remodelling under pulsed electromagnetic fields and clinical applications -- Experiments.
- Meniscal injuries 2014, SpringerThoroughly discussing the varied elements of meniscal damage and repair, Meniscal Injuries: Management and Surgical Techniques includes the insights and expertise of over 20 leading surgeons and researchers on topics ranging from meniscal anatomy, physical examination, innovative resection and repair techniques, gene therapy, and tissue regeneration. This treatise offers wisdom aimed at assessing true surgical candidates, exploring the intricacies of meniscal composition and function, an overview of meniscal scaffolds and replacements, and patient examination pearls. Also discussed in depth is cutting edge research concerning meniscal repair enhancement, nanofiber technology as a means of meniscal replacement, and biologic agents directed toward chondral protection. All the science presented will direct the sports medicine practitioner to state-of-the-art treatment aimed at knee preservation. Meniscal repair and regeneration is a rapidly evolving science - early attempts at meniscal restoration or repair resulted in short-term gains which often sacrificed long-term joint integrity. Now, the practitioner is afforded numerous means of retaining or restoring meniscal tissue. Breakthroughs in scaffold and allograft replacement, as featured herein, offer the promise of articular cartilage preservation like never before. In addition, tissue regeneration and gene therapy techniques, featured throughout, offer a glimpse into emerging technologies aimed at preserving or replacing meniscal tissue in previously considered hopeless cases. As such, Meniscal Injuries will be an indispensible resource to orthopedic surgeons and sports medicine practitioners interested in providing the absolute most contemporary and evidence-based care to their patients.
- Meniscal transplantation 2013, SpringerMeniscal transplantation has become an attractive option in selected patients with incapacitating knee pain. This book discusses all aspects of meniscal transplantation, covering the use of both allografts and meniscal substitutes, including collagen and polyurethane implants. Acknowledged experts in the field review the basic science, explain indications, and describe surgical techniques and the results achieved to date. All the material is up to date, with information on new implants, new techniques, and new surgical approaches. Future trends in the treatment of meniscal lesions are also discussed.
- Meniscus 2010, SpringerPart 1. Basic Science -- Ontogeny-Phylogeny / B. Lebel, C. Tardieu, B. Locker and C. Hulet -- Anatomy / I. D. McDermott, S. D. Masouros, A. M. J. Bull and A. A. Amis -- Histology-Ultrastructure-Biology / P. Verdonk -- Biomechanics / S. D. Masouros, I. D. McDermott, A. M. J. Bull and A. A. Amis -- Synthesis / R. Verdonk -- Part 2. Meniscal Lesions: Classification -- Traumatic Lesions: Stable Knee, ACL Knee / P. Verdonk and P. Vererfve -- Degenerative Lesions-Meniscal Cyst / T. Boyer, H. Dorfmann and A. Podgorski -- Meniscus and Osteoarthritis / N. Pujol and P. Boisrenoult -- Synthesis / P. Beaufils -- Part 3. Preoperative Clinical Examination and Imaging -- Clinical Examination: Standard X-Rays / N. Pujol and P. Boisrenoult -- MRI, MR-arthrography and CT-arthrography / W. C. J. Huysse and K. L. Verstraete -- Bone Scan / S. F. Dye -- Synthesis / P. Beaufils -- Part 4. Technique -- Meniscectomy: Medial-Lateral / K. F. Almqvist, A. A. M. Dhollander, P. Verdonk, Ph. Neyret and R. Verdonk -- Meniscal Repair: Biomechanics / R. Seil and D. Pape -- Meniscal Repair: Technique / F. Jouve, H. Ovadia, N. Pujol and P. Beaufils -- Meniscal Repair: Enhancement of Healing Process / M. Jacobi and R. Peter Jakob -- Meniscal Cysts / C. Hulet, B. Lebel and B. Locker -- Rehabilitation / E. Witvrouw and Y. Thijs -- Synthesis / R. Verdonk -- Part 5. Postoperative Evaluation -- Functional and Objective Scores. Quality of Life / P. Verdonk and R. Verdonk -- Postoperative Imaging: X-Rays, Arthro CT, Arthro MRI / G. Nourissat, C. Pradel and N. Pujol -- Part 6. Results -- Meniscectomy: Global Results-Complications / J.-M. Fayard, H. Pereira, E. Servien, S. Lustig and P. Neyret -- Meniscal Repair: Intra- and Postoperative Complications / M. Katabi, N. Pujol and P. Boisrenoult -- Meniscal Repair: Results / N. Pujol, L. Panarella and P. Beaufils --Part 7. Indications: Adults -- Traumatic Meniscal Lesions in a Stable Knee: Masterly Neglect, Meniscectomy, Repair / K. F. Almqvist, P. Vansintjan, P. Verdonk and R. Verdonk -- Traumatic Lesions, ACL Knee: Masterly Neglect, Meniscectomy, Repair / O. Charrois, A. Podgorski and P. Beaufils -- Degenerative Meniscal Lesions in a Stable Knee / K. F. Almqvist, P. Vansintjan, P. Verdonk, Y. Bohu and P. Beaufils, et al. -- Lavage, Debridement, and Osteoarthritis / N. Pujol and P. Boisrenoult -- Synthesis / P. Beaufils -- Part 8. Meniscal Lesions in Children -- Classification: Discoid Meniscus, Traumatic Lesions / M. T. Hirschmann and N. F. Friederich -- Discoid Meniscus: Histology / A. Papadopoulos -- Technique of Meniscoplasty and Meniscal Repair in Children / X. Cassard -- Meniscus Lesions in Children-Indications and Results / O. Lorbach, D. Pape and R. Seil -- Synthesis / R. Seil -- Part 9. Post-meniscectomized Knee -- Postoperative Osteonecrosis of the Condyle: Diagnosis and Management / D. Pape, R. Seil and D. Kohn -- Management of Early and Late Failure of Lateral Meniscus / P. Chambat, B. Sonnery-Cottet and C. Guier -- Synthesis / Philippe Beaufils -- Part 10. Meniscal reconstruction- Allograft -- Basic Science / G. von Lewinski and C. J. Wirth -- Organization: Type of Grafts, Conservation, Regulation / T. Schubert, O. Cornu and C. Delloye -- Meniscal Allograft: French Organization / O. Charrois and A. Podgorski -- Open Technique / P. Verdonk and R. Verdonk -- Arthroscopic Technique Without Plugs / J. Bellemans -- Arthroscopic Technique with Bone Plugs / P. Boisrenoult and N. Pujol -- Results and Indications / P. Verdonk, M. Van Laer, M. ELAttar, K. F. Almqvist and R. Verdonk -- Part 11. Meniscal Reconstruction - Substitutes -- Menaflex (TM) Collagen Meniscus Implant: Basic Science / W. G. Rodkey -- Collagen Meniscus Implant: Technique and Results / J. C. Monllau, X. Pelfort and M. Tey -- Actifit, Polyurethane meniscus implant: basic science / J. de Groot -- Polyurethane Meniscus Implant: Technique / R. Verdonk, P. Verdonk and E. L. Heinrichs -- Synthesis / R. Verdonk -- Part 12. The Future -- The Future / P. Verdonk -- Part 13. Conclusion -- General Conclusion / R. Verdonk and P. Beaufils.
- Minimally invasive spinal deformity surgery 2014, SpringerContemporary spinal surgeons, whether orthopedic or neurosurgeons, are increasingly recognizing minimally invasive spine surgery (MISS) as a valuable option for managing advanced degenerative diseases. MISS techniques minimize blood loss and surgical site pain, while speeding recovery. Thus, the combination of MISS with adult spinal deformity was a natural choice. Currently, the techniques, technologies, and education of surgeons have finally reached a point where MISS deformity surgeries are becoming commonplace. Nevertheless, the field is young enough (and still evolving) that no comprehensive texts have addressed the unique challenges it poses for surgeons. This book fills that gap.
- Minimally invasive spine surgery 2014, Springer
- Minimally invasive spine surgery 2009, Springer
- A minimally invasive open approach for reconstruction of the anterior column of the thoracic and lumbar spine / B. Knowles ... [et al.] -- Percutaneous vertebroplasty in osteoporotic vertebral fractures / G.M. Hess, H.M. Mayer -- Microsurgical open vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty / B.M. Boszczyk ... [et al.] -- Percutaneous kyphoplasty in traumatic fractures / G. Maestretti, P. Otten -- Lumbar spine. Low back pain. Inteventional and semi-invasive procedures for low back pain and disc herniation / M.K. Schäufele -- Disc. Intradiscal electrothermal therapy / J. Saal -- Microtherapy in low back pain / A.T. Yeung, C.A. Yeung -- Principles of microsurgical discectomy in lumbar disc herniations / H.M. Mayer -- The microsurgical interlaminar, paramedian approach / H.M. Mayer -- The translaminar approach / L. Papavero --General. Minimally invasive spine surgery / H.M. Mayer -- Technological advances of surgical microscopes for spine surgery / W. Rulffes -- Spinal microsurgery: a short introduction / H.M. Mayer -- Microsurgical instruments / A. Korge -- Operating room setup and handling of surgical microscopes / K. Wiechert -- Computer-assisted minimally invasive spine surgery - state of the art / F. Langlotz, L.P. Nolte -- Cervical spine. Odontoid. Technique of transoral odontoidectomy / P.J. Apostolides ... [et al.] -- Microsurgical treatment of odontoid fractures / P. Klimo Jr., G. Rao, R.I. Apfelbaum -- Disc surgery/decompression. Microsurgery of the cervical spine: the anterior approach / L. Papavero -- Anterior cervical foraminotomy (microsurgical and endoscopic) / W.F. saringer -- Functional segmental reconstruction with the Bryan cervical disc prosthesis / J. Goffin -- Microsurgical total cervical disc replacement / H.M. Mayer -- Microsurgical posterior approaches to the cervical spine / P.H. Young, J.P. Young, J.C. Young --Microsurgical C1 - 1 stabilization / D. Fassett, R.I. Apfelbaum -- Thoracic/thoracolumbar spine. General techniques. Microsurgical anterior approach to T5 - 10 (Mini-TTA) / H.M. Mayer -- Microsurgical anterior approach to the thoracolumbar junction / H.M. Mayer -- Anatomic principles of thoracoscopic spine surgery / U. Liljenqvist -- Principles of endoscopic techniques to the thoracic and lumbar spine / G.M. McCullen, A.A. Criscitiello, H.A. Yuan -- Biomechanical requirements in minimally invasive spinal fracture treatment / M. Schultheiss ... [et al.] -- Deformities. Thoracoscopic approaches in spinal deformities and trauma / M. Dufoo-Olvera -- Thoracoscopic techniques in spinal deformities / D. Sucato -- Mini-open endoscopic excision of hemivertebrae / R. Stücker -- Fractures. Thoracoscopically assisted anterior approach to thoracolumbar fractures / R. Beisse --Spinal stenosis. Microsurgical decompresssion of acquired (degenerative) central and lateral spinal canal stenosis / H.M. Mayer -- Fusion. Microsurgical anterior lumbar interbody fusion (Mini-ALIF): the lateral retroperitoneal approach to L2/3, L3/4, and L4/5 / H.M. Mayer -- Microsurgical anterior lumbar interbody fusion (Mini-ALIF): the transperitoneal approach to L5/S1 / H.M. Mayer -- Minimally invasive 360° lumbar fusion / M. Aebi -- The anterior extraperitoneal video-assisted approach to the lumbar spine / M. Onimus, H. Chataigner -- Dynamic stabilization. Minimally invasive dynamic stabilization of the lumbar motion segment with an interspinous implant / J. Sénégas -- Technical and anatomical considerations for the placement of a posterior interspinous stabilizer / J. Taylor, S. Ritland -- Elastic microsurgical stabilization with a posterior shock absorber / S. Caserta, G.A. La Maida, B. Misaggi.The lateral, extraforaminal approach / L. Papavera -- Transforaminal endoscopic discectomy / J. Krugluger -- Microscopically assisted percutaneous technique as a minimally invasive approach to the posterior spine / R. Greiner-Perth, H. Boehm, E. El Saghir -- Arthroscopic and endoscopic spine surgery via a posterolateral approach / P. Kambin -- The full-endoscopic interlaminar approach for lumbar disc herniations / S. Ruetten -- Outpatient microsurgical lumbar discectomy and microde-compression laminoplasty / R.S. Biscup, V. Podichetty -- Disc reconstruction. Nucleus reconstruction by autologous chondrocyte transplantation / H.-J. Meisel, T. Ganey -- Autologous disc chondrocyte transplantation / F. Grochulla, H.M. Mayer, A. Korge -- The ALPA approach for minimally invasive nucleus pulposus replacement / R. Bertagnoli -- Mini-open midline accesses for lumbar total disc replacement / H.M. Mayer --
- Minimally Invasive Surgery for Achilles Tendon Disorders in Clinical Practice is a collection of procedures presented by experts and pioneers in foot and ankle surgery who share an interest in developing less invasive methods of treating disorders of the foot and ankle. The rate of complications of traditional surgery is extremely high: in the management of tendinopathy, traditional techniques result in 10% of patients experiencing a complication related to skin healing. It is therefore not surprising that less invasive techniques have been advocated.This book will serve as an excellent pocket reference when repairing disorders of the Achilles and aimed general orthopedic surgeons and specialist who require a useful easy reference for these procedures.
- Minimally invasive surgery in orthopedics 2010, Springer
- Minimally invasive surgery in total hip arthroplasty 2010, SpringerIntroduction / Joachim Pfeil -- Anatomy of the Hip Joint / Joachim Pfeil -- Complications / Joachim Pfeil -- Patient Selection, Indications and Contraindications / Joachim Pfeil -- The Anterior Approach / Etienne Lesur -- The Anterolateral Approach with the Patient in Lateral Position / Werner Siebert -- The Anterolateral Approach with the Patient in Supine Position / Joachim Pfeil -- The Posterior Approach / Modaine J -- Epilogue / Werner Siebert.
- Minimally invasive surgery of the lumbar spine 2014, SpringerMinimally invasive procedures are increasingly utilized and are replacing open surgery to reduce scarring and pain, enhance patient recovery, and minimize cost. This guide provides step-by-step guidance, expert instruction, and detailed illustration of the most recent minimally invasive orthopedic spine procedures. With a variety of chapters covering critical developments in the field including the utilization of biologic materials, image-guided surgery, and bone fusion, this guide delves into discussions of indications, methods for preoperative planning, complication avoidance strategies.
- MIS techniques in orthopedics 2006, SpringerSection I. The Shoulder and Elbow -- Mini-Incision bankart Repair for Shoulder Instability / Edward W. Lee and Evan L. Flatow -- Mini-Open Rotator Cuff Repair / Jason A. Schneider and Frances Cuomo -- Mini-Incision Fixation of Proximal Humeral Four-Part Fractures / Jim Hsu and Leesa M. Galatz -- Minimally Invasive Approach for Shoulder Arthroplasty / Theodore Blaine, Ilya Voloshin, Kevin Setter and Louis U. Bigliani --Mini-Incision Medial Collateral Ligament Reconstruction of the Elbow / Steven J. Thornton, Andrew Willis and David W. Altchek -- Mini-Incision Distal Biceps Tendon Repair / Jason A. Schneider and Peter D. McCann -- Section II. The Hip -- A Technique for the Anterolateral Approach to MIS Total Hip Replacement / Richard A. Berger -- The Anterior Approach for Total Hip Replacement: Background and Operative Technique / Joel M. Matta -- Posterolateral Minimal Incision for Total Hip Replacement: Technique and Early Results / Mark A. Hartzband -- Minimally Invasive Total Hip Arthroplasty Using the Two-Incision Approach / Richard A. Berger -- Minimally Invasive Metal-on-Metal Resurfacing Arthroplasty of the Hip / Hari P. Bezwada, Phillip S. Ragland, Craig M. Thomas and Michael A. Mont --Section III. The Knee: Unicondylar Knee Arthroplasty -- Minimally Invasive Surgery for Unicondylar Knee Arthroplasty: The Bone-Sparing Technique / John A. Repicci and Jodi F. Hartman -- Minimally Invasive Surgery for Unicondylar Knee Arthroplasty: The Intramedullary Technique / Richard A. Berger and Alfred J. Tria -- Minimally Invasive Surgery for Unicondylar Knee Arthroplasty: The Extramedullary Tensor Technique / Paul L. Saenger -- Minimally Invasive Surgery for Unicondylar Knee Arthroplasty: The Extramedullary Technique / Giles R. Scuderi -- Minimally Invasive Surgery for Arthroplasty with the UniSpacer / Richard H. Hallock -- Minimally Invasive Technique for Insertion of a Unicompartmental Knee Arthroplasty / A. J. Price and D. W. Murray -- Section IV. The Knee: Total Knee Arthroplasty -- Minimal Incision Total Knee Arthroplasty with a Limited Medial Parapatellar Arthrotomy / Giles R. Scuderi -- Minimally Invasive Total Knee Replacement with the Quadriceps-Sparing Subvastus Approach / Mark W. Pagnano and Giles R. Scuderi -- Mini-Midvastus Total Knee Arthroplasty / Steven B. Haas, Andrew P. Lehman and Mary Ann Manitta -- Minimally Invasive Lateral Approach to Total Knee Arthroplasty / Hari P. Bezwada, Michael A. Mont, Peter M. Bonutti, Phillip S. Ragland and Craig M. Thomas, et al. -- Minimally Invasive Total Knee Arthroplasty Using the Quadriceps-Sparing Approach / Alfred J. Tria -- Section V. Computer Navigation -- Computer-Guided Total Hip Arthroplasty / James B. Stiehl -- Computer-Guided Total Knee Arthroscopy / Alon Wolf, Branislav Jaramaz, Andrew B. Mor and Anthony DiGioia.
- Modern hip resurfacing 2009, SpringerDevelopment perspectives / Derek J.W. McMinn -- Materials and metallurgy / Tim J. Band -- Machining processes / Roger W.F. Ashton -- Hip joint tribology / Amir Kamali -- Corrosion and its contribution to metal release / Joseph Daniel and Amir Kamali -- Retrieval analysis / Tim J. Band, Roger W.F. Ashton, and Amir Kamali -- Cementing technique in Birmingham Hip Resurfacing / Stephen McMahon and Gabrielle Hawdon -- Migration studies / Arne Lundberg and Raed Itayem -- Vascularity of the femoral head in hip resurfacing / Stephen McMahon and Gabrielle Hawdon -- Femoral head blood supply studies / Nobuhiko Sugano, Takashi Nishii, and Takehito Hananouchi -- Acetabular bone conservation / Joseph Daniel, Hena Ziaee, and Derek J.W. McMinn -- Femoral DEXA studies in hip arthroplasty / Nobuhiko Sugano -- Metal ions / Joseph Daniel and Hena Ziaee -- Patient selection and timing of operation / Joseph Daniel, Chandra Pradhan, and Hena Ziaee -- Anesthesia, pain control, and thromboprophylaxis / Jonathan W. Freeman --Anesthesia with special emphasis on pain control / Dennis R. Kerr and Lawrence Kohan -- Templating for the Birmingham Hip Resurfacing from conventional X-rays / Derek J.W. McMinn -- Computer templating of hip resurfacing arthroplasty / James Slover, Erik Wetter, and Henrik Malchau -- Partient positioning and exposure / Derek J.W. McMinn -- Acetabular preparation and insertion of the standard Birmingham Hip Resurfacing cup / Derek J.W. McMinn -- Acetabular preparation and insertion of the dysplasia Birmingham Hip Resurfacing cup / Derek J.W. McMinn -- Implantation of the femoral component of the Birmingham Hip Resurfacing / Derek J.W. McMinn -- Birmingham mid-head resection prosthesis and its implantation / Derek J.W. McMinn -- Guides, jigs, and navigation-assisted Birmingham Hip Resurfacing / Derek J.W. McMinn -- Management of complex anatomy / Joseph Daniel ... [et al.] -- Outcomes and standards for hip resurfacing / Callum W. McBryde and Paul B. Pynsent -- Results of Birmingham Hip Resurfacing in different diagnoses / Joseph Daniel ... [et al.] -- Complications and revisions of the Birmingham Hip Resurfacing / Chandra Pradhan, Joseph Daniel, and Hena Ziaee -- Rehabilitation after the Birmingham Hip Resurfacing / Anne Hands, Hena Ziaee, and Chandra Pradhan -- Recovery and rehabilitation / Lawrence Kohan and Dennis R. Kerr -- Final thoughts / Derek J.W. McMinn and James W. Pritchett.
- Motor control and learning 2006, Springer
- MRI atlas 2007, Springer
- MRI of the musculoskeletal system. 5th ed. 2006, OvidBasic principles and terminology of magnetic resonance imaging / Robert A. Pooley, Joel P. Felmlee, and Richard L. Morin -- Interpretation of magnetic resonance images / Mark S. Collins and Richard L. Ehman -- General technical considerations in musculoskeletal MRI / Thomas H. Berquist -- The temporomandibular joint / Thomas H. Berquist -- Spine / Robert Witte and John Lane -- Pelvis, hips, and thigh / Thomas H. Berquist -- Knee / Thomas H. Berquist -- Foot, ankle, and calf / Thomas H. Berquist -- Shoulder, arm / Thomas H. Berquist and Jeffrey J. Peterson -- Elbow and forearm / Thomas H. Berquist and Laura W. Bancroft -- Hand and wrist / Thomas H. Berquist -- Musculoskeletal neoplasms / Mark J. Kransdorf and Thomas H. Berquist -- Musculoskeletal infection / Thomas H. Berquist and Daniel F. Broderick -- Diffuse marrow diseases / James B. Vogler, III and William A. Murphy, Jr. -- Miscellaneous conditions / Thomas H. Berquist -- Clinical spectroscopy / Thomas H. Berquist.
- Multiple ligament injured knee. 2nd ed. 2013, SpringerA reference suitable for orthopedic surgeons, trauma surgeons, sports medicine fellows, orthopedic surgery residents, physical therapists, physician assistants, and all health professionals who treat traumatic injuries of the knee. Vastly expanded from its first publication, new topics in this edition include: -ACL based multiple ligament knee injury-Mechanical graft tensioning-Fracture dislocations-Articular cartilage restoration-Meniscus transplantation-Extensor mechanism restoration. Hundreds of illustrations and photographs facilitate easy comprehension of the text. Covering everything from anatomy and biomechanics through diagnosis, classification, both non-surgical and surgical management, complications and selected case studies, gives a complete picture of a complex pathologic entity.
- Muscle pain 2010, SpringerPart 1. Myofascial pain syndrome -- Myofascial Pain Syndrome / Robert D. Gerwin -- Morphology of Myofascial Trigger Points: What Does a Trigger Point Look Like? / Siegfried Mense -- Introduction / Siegfried Mense and Robert D. Gerwin -- Part 2. Fibromyalgia syndrome -- Fibromyalgia Syndrome: Clinical Aspects and Management / Emma Guymer and Geoffrey O. Littlejohn -- Gender, Genetics, and Other Risk Factors Increasing Vulnerability to Fibromyalgia / Geoffrey O. Littlejohn -- Part 3. Other muscle pain syndromes -- Low Back Pain of Muscular Origin / Robert D. Gerwin -- Masticatory Muscle Pain / Sandro Palla and Mauro Farella -- Inflammatory Myopathies / Ingrid E. Lundberg and Li Alemo Munters -- Whiplash Injury, Muscle Pain and Motor Dysfunction / Jan Dommerholt -- Brain Imaging of Muscle Pain / Sandra Kamping and Herta Flor.
- Muscle strength 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Musculoskeletal diseases 2005, Springer
- Musculoskeletal diseases 2013-2016 2013, SpringerWritten by internationally renowned experts, this updated volume is a collection of chapters dealing with imaging diagnosis and interventional therapies in musculoskeletal diseases. The different topics are disease-oriented and encompass all the relevant imaging modalities including X-ray technology, nuclear medicine, ultrasound and magnetic resonance, as well as image-guided interventional techniques. This publication, includingexcellent radiologicimages andcolor illustrations,will appeal not onlytoradiologists, rheumatologists, orthopaedics surgeons, but also to clinicians in other specialties wishing to update their knowledge in this field.
- Musculoskeletal diseases. 2009-2012 2009, Springer
- Musculoskeletal fatigue and stress fractures 2001, CRCnetBASEch. 1. Incidence and prevalence of stress fractures in military and athletic populations / Richard A. Shaffer -- ch. 2. Risk factors for developing stress fractures / Kim Bennell and Susan Grimston -- ch. 3. Factors associated with the development of stress fractures in women / Kim Bennell and Susan Grimston -- ch. 4. The role of age in the development of stress and fatigue fractures / Antero Hulkko and Sakari Orava -- ch. 5. The prediction of stress fractures / Thomas J. Beck -- ch. 6. Bone fatigue and stress fractures / Scott A. Yerby and Dennis R. Carter -- ch. 7. The Genetic basis for stress fractures / Eitan Friedman, Iris Vered, and Jushua Shemer -- ch. 8. The role of strain and strain rates in stress fractures / Charles Milgrom -- ch. 9. The Role of muscular force and fatigue in stress fractures / Seth W. Donahue -- ch. 10. The histological appearance of stress fractures / Satoshi Mori, Jiliang Li, and Yoji Kawaguchi -- ch. 11. Bone fatigue and remodeling in the development of stress fractures / Mitchell B. Schaffler -- ch. 12. The role of bone remodeling in preventing or promoting stress fractures / R. Bruce Martin -- ch. 13. Bucked shins in horses / David Nunamaker -- ch. 14. Rabbits as an animal model for stress fractures / David B. Burr -- ch. 15. Prevention of stress fractures by modifying shoe wear / Aharon S. Finestone -- ch. 16. Exercise programs that prevent or delay the onset of stress fracture / Charles Milgrom and Richard Shaffer -- ch. 17. Pharmaceutical treatments that may prevent or delay the onset of stress fractures / David B. Burr -- ch. 18. Physical diagnosis of stress fractures / Ingrid Ekenman -- ch. 19. The role of various imaging modalities in diagnosing stress fractures / Roland Chisin -- ch. 20. Early diagnosis and clinical treatment of stress fractures / Charles Milgrom and Eitan Friedman -- ch. 21. Problematic stress fractures / Kenneth A. Egol and Victor H. Frankel.
- Musculoskeletal health in women 2014, SpringerMusculoskeletal Health in Women aims to provide fitness advice tailored to women. As women are more prone to specific injuries than men are, due to differences in hip and knee anatomy as well as hormonal differences, this book will provides a fully-illustrated and comprehensive overview of all aspects including energy availability (which is affected by eating disorders), osteoporosis, and menstrual function. Its multidisciplinary approach ensures that expertise is provided from disciplines such as psychiatry, physiatry, endocrinology, nutrition, rheumatology, orthopedics, physical therapy and radiology. Written by authors who have extensive experience working with women athletes, Musculoskeletal Health in Women addresses a full spectrum of issues related to the musculoskeletal health of women. It is of primary interest to women athletes and women embarking on a fitness regimen. Health professionals working in this area would also invariably benefit from the advice and guidance provided within these pages.
- Musculoskeletal imaging 2008, Thieme Book1. Tumors -- Osteoma -- Osteoid osteoma -- Enchondroma -- Osteochondoroma (cartilaginous exostosis) --Nonossifying fibroma -- Fibrous dysplasia (Jaffe-Lichtenstein Disease) -- Juvenile bone cyst -- Aneurysmal bone cyst -- Giant cell tumor (Osteoclastoma) -- Synovial chondromatosis (Reichel Syndrome) -- Bone hemangioma -- Paget Diesase (Ostetis Deformans) --Metastases -- Osteosarcoma -- Ewind sarcoma -- Multiple myeloma (plasmacytoma) -- Lymphoma of bone -- Neoplastic vertebral compression fracture -- Soft-tissue hemangioma -- Soft-tissue sarcoma -- Lipoma -- Pigmented villonodular synovitis -- Myositis ossificans -- 2. Inflammatory diseases -- Osteomyelitis -- Brodie abscess -- Rheumatoid arthritis -- Psoriatic arthritis/psoriatic arthropathy -- Septic arthritis -- Gout (gouty arthritis) -- Ankylosing spondylitis -- Spondylitis and spondylodiskitis -- Complex regional pain syndrome -- 3. Degenerative disease -- Osteoarthritis -- Osteochondrosis -- Intervertebral disk herniation -- Spinal canal stenosis -- Spondylolysis/spondylolisthesis -- Implant loosening -- Diffuse idiopathic skeletal hyperostosis -- Neuropathic osteoarthropathy (charcot joint) -- 4. Metabolic disorders -- Osteoporosis -- Rickets -- Osteomalacia -- Hyperparathyroidism -- 5. Developmental disorders -- Madelund deformity -- Hip dysplasia -- Tibia vara (Blount Disease) -- Slipped capital femoral epiphysis -- Club foot (talipes equinovarus) -- Scoliosis -- Osteogenesis imperfecta -- Osteopetrosis (Marble Bone Disease) -- Scheuermann Disease -- 6. Osteonecrosis -- Perthes Disease -- Osteonecrosis of the knee -- Lunatomalacia (Kienbock Disease) -- Femoral head necrosis -- Osteochondritis dissecans -- Bone infarct -- 7. Intra-articular lesions -- Meniscal lesions -- Cruciate ligament tears -- Cartilage lesions -- Labral lesions -- Rotator cuff lesions -- 8. Ligament and tendon injuries -- Lateral ankle ligament rupture -- Achilles tendon rupture -- Avulsion fracture -- Shoulder impingement -- 9. Fractures and dislocations -- Clavicle fracture -- Acromioclavicular separation -- Proiximal humerus fractures -- Shoulder dislocation -- Radial head fracture -- Pediatric condylar fractures -- Distal radius fracture -- scaphoid fracture -- Triquetrum fracture -- Skier's thumb (gamekeeper's thumb) -- Dens fracture -- Femoral neck fracture -- pertrochanteric femoral fracture -- Patella fracture -- Tibial plateau fracture -- Ankle joint fractures -- Calcaneus fracture -- Fractures of the base of the fifth metatarsal -- Occult fracture -- Stress fracture - Pseudarthrosis.
- Musculoskeletal imaging companion. 2nd ed. 2007, Ovid
- Musculoskeletal medicine in clinical practice 2006, SpringerWhat Is Musculoskeletal Medicine? -- The Scientific Bases of Musculoskeletal Medicine -- The Patient's View of Musculoskeletal Medicine -- The Doctor's View of Musculoskeletal Medicine -- The Economics of Musculoskeletal Medicine -- Teaching Musculoskeletal Medicine -- Headache and Migraine -- Neck Pain -- Shoulder and Arm Pain -- Chest Pain -- Lower Trunk Pain -- Pelvic Pain -- Leg Pain -- Will Musculoskeletal Medicine Work? -- The Future of Musculoskeletal Medicine.
- Musculoskeletal MRI. 2nd ed. 2009, ClinicalKeyBasic principles of musculoskeletal MRI -- Marrow -- Tendons and muscles -- Peripheral nerves -- Musculoskeletal infections -- Arthritis and cartilage -- Tumors -- Osseous trauma -- Temporomandibular joint -- Shoulder -- Elbow -- Wrist and hand -- Spine -- Hips and pelvis -- Knee -- Foot and ankle.
- Musculoskeletal tissue regeneration : 2008, Springer
- Muskuloskelettales System 2 2005, Springer
- Navigation and MIS in orthopedic surgery 2007, Springer
- Neck and arm pain syndromes 2011, ScienceDirectThe first of its kind, Neck and Arm Pain Syndromes is a comprehensive evidence- and clinical-based book, covering research-based diagnosis, prognosis and management of neuromusculoskeletal pathologies and dysfunctions of the upper quadrant, including joint, muscle, myofascial and neural tissue approaches. It uniquely addresses the expanding role of the various health care professions which require increased knowledge and skills in screening for contra-indications and recognizing the need for medical-surgical referral. Neck and Arm Pain Syndromes also stresses the integration of experiential knowledge and a pathophysiologic rationale with current best evidence. the only one-stop guide for examination and treatment of the upper quadrant supported by accurate scientific and clinical-based data acknowledges the expanding direct access role of the various health professions both at the entry-level and postgraduate level addresses concerns among clinicians that research is overemphasized at the expense of experiential knowledge and pathophysiologic rationale multiple-contributed by expert clinicians and researchers with an international outlook covers diagnosis, prognosis and conservative treatment of the most commonly seen pain syndromes in clinical practice over 800 illustrations demonstrating examination procedures and techniques.
- Neuroendoscopy 2014, SpringerDuring the past decade, neuroendoscopy has undergone a variety of technological improvements, and both indications and techniques have been significantly refined. As a result, neuroendoscopy is now used in the treatment of many more patients, enabling the performance of previously unavailable operations with low complication rates and rapid patient recovery. This book presents the distilled experience of world experts in this evolving field. Current applications are explained in detail and likely future developments are identified. Among the topics discussed are the neuroendoscopic management of hydrocephalus, a wide variety of tumors, colloid and suprasellar arachnoid cysts, Chiari malformation, and craniosynostosis; the use of neuroendoscopic techniques in improving altered CSF physiology; and the status of neuroendoscopically assisted neurosurgery. In addition, the available neuroendoscopic instruments are reviewed and the results of international trials and collaborative studies, presented. This book will fully acquaint the reader with the breadth and depth of available neuroendoscopy techniques and their impressive therapeutic potential. It should serve as the reference book on neuroendoscopy for the next 10 years.
- Neuroprotection and regeneration of the spinal cord 2014, SpringerNeuroprotection and Regeneration of the Spinal Cord comprehensively covers the most recent research in the field of spinal cord injury. The first part of this book focuses on the latest animal models and clinically oriented work, providing extensive information on morphological factors and, biomechanical analysis, in addition to the mechanism of functional recovery. The book goes on to provide information on clinical relevance introducing analysis of spinal cord injuries using MRI and PET. Edited by renowned experts in the field, this book will provide clinical physicians, basic researchers, and postgraduate students with valuable insight into the cutting-edge research and progress in the field of spinal cord injury, treatment, and repair.
- New therapeutic targets in rheumatoid arthritis 2009, Springer
- Non-idiopathic spine deformities in young children 2011, Springer
- Nonunion of the long bones 2006, Springer
- Nutritional influences on bone health 2013, SpringerNutritional Influences on Bone Health presents a collection of papers from the 8th International Symposium on Nutritional Aspects of Osteoporosis, the primary forum for and only regular meeting exclusively devoted to the topic of nutritional influences on bone health. The outcome is a fusion of the most current and up-to-date research in this area. Key themes include the permeation of the Western diet across the globe, calcium, vitamin D and acid-base balance. Written by authorities on the impact of nutrition on bone health, Nutritional Influences on Bone Health brings the reader the emerging trends, new messages and the latest scientific data in the field, to inform future research and clinical practice. This comprehensive, well researched volume is an essential reference for professionals in the field of bone health and nutrition.
- Nutritional influences on bone health 2010, SpringerDietary protein and bone mass accrual -- Protein effects on bone and muscle in elderly women -- Dietary protein and bone health: the urgent need for large-scale supplementation studies -- Protein intake during weight loss: effects on bone -- A comparison of Asian Asian and American Asian populations: calcium and bone accretion during formation of peak bone mass -- Estimating calcium requirements -- Independent and combined effects of exercise and calcium on bone structural and material properties in older adults -- The bone benefits of calcium and exercise in children -- Calcium supplementation plays a positive role in bone and body composition in Chinese adolescents -- Effects of high calcium and vitamin D diets on changes in body fat, lean mass, and bone mineral density by self-controlled dieting for 4 months in young Asian women -- Trace elements and bone -- Phosphorus and bone -- Seasonal differences in mineral homeostasis and bone metabolism in response to oral phosphate loading in older Northern Chinese adults -- Diabetes mellitus and osteoporosis -- Vitamin D and muscle -- Vitamin D and bone health -- Effects of vitamin D on bone health in healthy young adults -- Vitamin D effects on bone structure in childhood and aging -- Dietary patterns and bone health -- Nutritional factors that influence change in bone density and stress fracture risk among young female cross-country runners -- A dietary pattern that predicts physical performance in an elderly population -- Citrus hesperidin and bone health: from preclinical studies to nutritional intervention trials -- Acidosis and bone -- Acid-base homeostasis and the skeleton: an update on current thinking -- Acid-base balance, bone, and muscle -- The effect of mineral waters on bone metabolism: alkalinity over calcium? -- Bone-anabolic impact of dietary high protein intake compared with the effects of low potential renal acid load, endogenous steroid hormones, and muscularity in children -- Salt sensitivity, metabolic acidosis, and bone health.
- Oncology and basic science 2008, OvidSection I: Evaluation and management of musculoskeletal oncology problems -- Evaluation of bone tumors / Timothy A. Damron -- Evaluation of soft tissue tumors / Carol D. Morris -- Biopsy of musculoskeletal tumors / Edward A. Athanasian -- Treatment principles -- Surgical margins / Robert Quinn -- Benign tumors of bone / Cynthia M. Kelly -- Malignant bone lesions / Francis R. Patterson, Timoth A. Damron, and Carol D. Morris -- Soft tissue tumors / John Heiner and Jeremy White -- Pathologic fractures / Timothy A. Damron --Section II: Specific bone neoplasms and simulators -- Benign bone tumors -- Bone lesions / Felasfa M. Wodajo -- Cartilage lesions / Felasfa M. Wodajo -- Cystic lesions / Sung Wook Seo, Young Lae Moon, and Francis Young-In Lee -- Myogenic, lipogenic, and neural tumors / Sean V. McGarry and C. Parker Gibbs -- Fibrous lesions of bone / Sung Wook Seo, Young Lae Moon, and Francis Young-In Lee -- Giant cell tumor of bone / Sean V. McGarry and C. Parker Gibbs -- Vascular lesions / Sean V. McGarry and C. Parker Gibbs -- Other tumors of undefined neoplastic nature / Sean V. McGarry and C. Parker Gibbs -- Bone sarcomas -- Osteosarcoma / Francis R. Patterson -- Ewing sarcoma and primitive neuroectodermal tumor of bone / Bruce Rougraff -- Chondrosarcoma / R. Lor Randall and Kenneth J. Hunt -- Fibrous, fibrohistiocytic, and giant cell tumor malignancies / Hannah D. Morgan -- Notochordal tumors / Hannah D. Morgan -- Vascular sarcomas of bone / Hannah D. Morgan -- Myogenic, lipogenic, and epithelial bone sarcomas / Hannah D. Morgan -- Congenital and inherited bone conditions -- Familial adenomatous polyposis / Kathryn Palomino -- Beckwith-Wiedemann syndrome / Danielle A. Katz -- Skeletal dysplasias / Danielle A. Katz -- Retinoblastoma syndrome / Timothy A. Damron -- Rothmund-Thomson syndrome / Kathryn Palomino -- Werner syndrome / Kathryn Palomino -- Metastatic disease / Timothy A. Damron -- Hematologic malignancies / Valerae O. Lewis -- Metabolic bone diseases / Susan V. Bukata --Section III: Specific soft tissue neoplasms and simulators -- Benign soft tissue tumors / Timothy A. Damron and Gustavo de la Roza -- Soft tissue sarcomas / Carol D. Morris --Section IV: Basic science -- Cellular and molecular biology / Matthew J. Allen -- Growth and development of the musculoskeletal system / Donald E. Sweet and Thomas V. Smallman -- Genetic basis of musculoskeletal disorders / Sathappan S. Sathappan, Kirill Ilalov, and Paul E. Di Cesare -- Biomechanics / Frederick W. Werner and Joseph A. Spadaro -- Biomaterials / Joseph A. Spadaro, Michael T. Clarke, and Julie M. Hasenwinkel -- Principles of orthopaedic pharmacology / Carol D. Morris -- Bone form, function, injury, regeneration, and repair / Alexia Hernandez-Soria and Mathias Bostrom -- Articular cartilage structure, composition, and repair / Peter J. Roughley and Thomas V. Smallman -- Diarthrodial joints / Thomas V. Smallman, Kris Shekitka, and Donald Flemming -- Meniscal structure, function, repair, and replacement / Mark C. Drakos and Answorth A. Allen -- Intervertebral disk structure, composition, and mechanical function / Samuel A. Joseph, Jr., and Patrick Boland -- Tendon and ligament anatomy, biology, and biomechanics / Brian J. Harley and Joseph W. Bergman -- Peripheral nerve physiology, anatomy, and pathology / Shikha Sethi ... [et al.] -- Skeletal muscle anatomy, physiology, and mechanics / Bryan T. Kelly and William J. Robertson -- Infectious disorders of bone and joint / Thomas V. Smallman ... [et al.] -- Bacterial infection -- Granulomatous infection -- Infection associated with neuropathy -- Viral disorders -- Neoplasia / Matthew J. Allen.
- Operative dictations in orthopedic surgery 2013, SpringerOperative Dictations in Orthopedic Surgery is a valuable resource for teaching orthopedic surgical trainees and practicing orthopedic surgeons how to document their operative procedures. The book includes the majority of the commonly performed orthopedic procedures. For each procedure, a list of common indications is given, covering 95% of the situations in which particular procedures will be used, as well as a list of essential steps. This is then followed by a list intended to prompt the surgeon for particular details to note and dictate within the template, a list of possible complications that are typically associated with a particular surgical procedure, and templates of operative dictation that allow the surgeon to individualize their dictations. Ample space is also provided to allow each surgeon to add notes. Concise and easy to use, Operative Dictations in Orthopedic Surgery is a unique tool for orthopedics surgical residents and residents in practice that better prepares them to participate actively and learn as much as possible in the operating room.
- Operative hip arthroscopy. 3rd ed. 2013, SpringerIn each of its two previous editions, Dr. J.W. Thomas Byrd's Operative Hip Arthroscopy has detailed the fundamentals and techniques for performing hip arthroscopy and tracked cutting-edge developments surrounding this procedure. Operative Hip Arthroscopy, Third Edition, has once again pulled together a group of experts to explore all of the latest advancements in hip arthroscopy, as well as our understanding of hip disorders and the technology available for treatment. This edition is vastly expanded, with new or updated discussion on topics including:Latest Techniques and Technology for AccessFemoroacetabular Impingement The Peritrochanteric SpaceThe Subgluteal SpaceEndoscopic Abductor RepairsEndoscopic Hamstring Repair and Ischial BursectomyAdhesive Capsulitis and ArthrofibrosisManagement of Chondral InjuriesDecision Making with Regard to OsteoarthritisSynovial Disease and Sepsisliopsoas Impingement and Total Hip ArthroplastyComplex Hip ReconstructionComputer NavigationSnapping Hip SyndromesThe Role of UltrasonographyThis book emphasizes wise decision-making and understanding the dos and don'ts of the procedure. Clear, concise writing supplemented by more than 300 illustrations, photographs and links to view videos will give orthopedists at any level a complete picture of this procedure and related issues.
- OPLL. 2nd ed. 2006, Springer
- Optimizing bone mass and strength 2007, KargerOsteoporosis : a paediatric concern? / R.A. Faulkner, D.A. Bailey -- The biomechanical basis of bone strength development during growth / S.A. Kontulainen ... [et al.] -- The effect of exercise on bone mass and structural geometry during growth / R.M. Daly -- Evidence for an interaction between exercise and nutrition for improved bone health during growth B. Specker, M. Vukovich -- Gene-environmental interactions in the skeletal response to nutrition and exercise during growth / J.-P. Bonjour ... [et al.] -- The effect of energy balance on endocrine function and bone health in youth / C. Zanker, K. Hind -- Risk factors for fractures in normally active children and adolescents / A. Goulding -- Does exercise during growth prevent fractures in later life? / M.K. Karlsson -- Lessons learned from school-based skeletal loading intervention trials : putting research into practice / J.M. Hughes, S.A. Golner, M.A. Petit.
- Forces and equilibrium -- Deformation -- Mechanical properties -- Viscoelasticity -- Properties of natural materials -- Polymers -- Metals -- Ceramics and composites -- Tissue engineering -- Hybrid, combination, and replant materials -- Friction and wear -- Corrosion and degradation -- Fixation -- Host response -- Testing and introduction of new materials -- Materials retrieval and analysis -- Self-test.
- Orthopaedic key review concepts 2008, OvidBasic science / Sudheer Reddy, Miltiadis H. Zgonis, and Joshua D. Auerbach -- Pediatric orthopaedics / Harish S. Hosalkar ... [et al.] -- Sports medicine / Jeffrey F. Sodl ... [et al.] -- Adult reconstruction / Sharat Kusuma and Jonathan P. Garino -- Foot and ankle / Sudheer C. Reddy, Selene G. Parekh, and Enyi Okereke -- Hand and microsurgery / Sepideh Baghian -- Adult spine / Todd A. Michener and Kingsley R. Chin -- Musculoskeletal tumors / Harish S. Hosalkar ... [et al.] -- Rehabilitation / Richard Scarlett, Samir Mehta, and Mary Ann Keenan -- Trauma / Samir Mehta -- Biostatistics / G. Russell Huffman -- Business and practice principles / Sharat Kumar Kusuma, Selene G. Parekh, and Price Chipley French -- Tips for the OITE, written and oral boards, and recertifying examinations / Sameer Nagda ... [et al.].
- Orthopaedics and rheumatology on the move 2014, CRCnetBASEPart 1. Upper limb -- part 2. Lower limb -- part 3. Rheumatology -- part 4. Self-assessment.
- Orthopedic imaging. 5th ed. 2011, Ovid
- Orthopedic principles--a resident's guide 2005, Springer
- Orthopedic rehabilitation, assessment, and enablement 2007, Springer
- Orthopedic sports medicine 2011, Springer
- Orthopedic surgery in patients with hemophilia 2008, Springer
- Orthopedic traumatology 2006, Springer
- Orthopedic traumatology 2013, SpringerEvidence-based medicine is the future of orthopedic surgery. The escalating costs of medical care drive the need for physicians to base clinical decisions on data in order to provide optimal care to every patient. Orthopedic Traumatology: An Evidence-Based Approach provides readers a model for evidence-based decision making in orthopedic trauma. Renowned orthopedic trauma surgeons describe interesting clinical scenarios, give expert opinions on management, and include relevant imaging to create a complete picture of each fascinating case. Useful for residents and practicing physicians alike, Orthopedic Traumatology is a unique guide to orthopedic trauma and evidence-based medicine.
- Orthopedic traumatology. 2nd ed. 2008, Springer
- Orthopedics of the upper and lower limb 2013, SpringerOrthopedics of the Upper and Lower Limb has been written to serve as a general introduction to the field of orthopedics and trauma for the regions of the upper and lower limb. It is composed of a number of commonly seen disorders and with a corresponding therapeutic pathway, clearly explained with numerous x-rays and diagrams to aid the reader in their understanding of these useful procedures.The book is intended as a basic resource for trainees and junior surgeons, but will also be useful to more experienced specialists who require an easy to follow clinical guide to assist in day to day practice of orthopedic and trauma disorders of the upper and lower limb.
- Osteoimmunology 2010, SpringerThe role of bone marrow edema and lymphangiogenesis in inflammatory-erosive arthritis / Edward M. Schwarz ... [et al.] -- Activation of [gamma][delta] T cells by bisphosphonates / Keith Thompson ... [et al.] -- Identification of cell cycle-arrested quiescent osteoclast precursors in vivo / Naoyuki Takahashi ... [et al.] -- Megakaryocyte-bone cell interactions / Melissa A. Kacena and Wendy A. Ciovacco -- Regulation of osteoblast differentiation by Runx2 / Toshihisa Komori -- Communication between ephrinB2 and ephB4 within the osteoblast lineage / T.J. Martin ... [et al.] -- The unexpected link between osteoclasts and the immune system / Hiroshi Takayanagi -- NFATc1 in inflammatory and musculoskeletal conditions / Antonios O. Aliprantis and Laurie H. Glimcher -- Novel functions of RANK(L) signaling in the immune system / Andreas Leibbrandt and Josef M. Penninger -- Eph and ephrin interactions in bone / Koichi Matsuo -- How do bone cells secret proteins? / Haibo Zhao ... [et al.] -- Regulation of osteoclast apoptosis by Bcl-2 family protein Bim and caspase-3 / Sakae Tanaka ... [et al.] -- Regulation of bone formation and immune cell development by Schnurri proteins / Dallas C. Jones and Laurie H. Glimcher.
- Osteoimmunology. [2nd ed.] 2013, SpringerBone and the immune system are both complex tissues, which, respectively, regulate the skeleton and the body's responses to invading pathogens. It has become increasingly clear that critical interactions between these two organ systems frequently occur. This is particularly true for the development of immune cells in the bone marrow and for the function of bone cells in health and disease. However, because these two disciplines developed independently, investigators in each don't always fully appreciate the significance of the other. This book is meant to provide a detailed overview of the many ways that bone and immune cells interact. The goal is to provide basic and clinical scientists with a better understanding of the role that the immune system and bone play in the development and function of each other so that advances in both fields will be facilitated. The focus of the book will be both on basic pathways and translational science, which will apply basic knowledge to clinical diseases. Chapter content will range from basic descriptions of the various cell systems and their development to the signals that cause them to interact during normal physiology and disease. Approximately half the book will focus on the role that osteoimmunology plays in the development of human diseases.
- Osteoimmunopathology 2011, Springer
- Osteoporosis 2007, OvidDiagnosis -- Pathogenesis -- Assessment of fracture risk -- Bone densitometry: using dual-energy x-ray absorptiometry for monitoring -- Biochemical evaluation -- Secondary causes of osteoporosis -- Acquired vitamin D deficiency -- Treatment options -- Tailoring therapy to individual patients -- Determining success of therapy and what to do when therapy fails -- Future therapeutic options -- Case studies.
- Osteoporosis 2008, Springer Protocols
- Osteoporosis and bone densitometry measurements 2013, SpringerOsteoporosis is a serious problem worldwide, and its significance is continuing to increase as the world population grows and ages. Osteoporosis and Bone Densitometry Measurements provides a comprehensive review of the latest research on this potentially devastating condition. The book encompasses prevention, diagnosis, and therapy, providing state of the art information on each aspect. A wide range of topics are discussed, including differentiation between acute and chronic, benign and malignant vertebral fractures; the value of the WHO FRAX tool in patient evaluation; the roles of dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry, quantitative computed tomography, quantitative ultrasound, and high-resolution imaging; and the use of kyphoplasty and vertebroplasty to treat vertebral compression fractures. All chapters are written by acknowledged experts in the field.
- Osteoporosis fragility fracture 2012, NICEThe summary of the published clinical guideline on Osteoporosis fragility fracture. It links to the published guidance and key documents.
- Osteoporosis in men. 2nd ed. 2010, ScienceDirectFulltext ClinicalKeySection 1. Essentials of bone biology -- The biochemistry of bone : composition and organization / Adele L. Boskey -- Bone remodeling : cellular activities in bone / David W. Dempster, Hua Zhou, Shi Shou Lu -- Assessment of bone turnover in men using biochemical markers / Patrick Garnero, Pawel Szulc -- Fundamentals of mineral homeostasis / David A. Hanley, K. Shawn Davison -- The mechanical properties of bone / David P. Fyhrie -- Essentials of bone biology : assessment of bone architecture / Thomas F. Lang -- Section 2. Development and growth of the male skeleton -- Skeletal growth in males / Qingju Wang, Ego Seeman -- Pubertal growth of the male skeleton / Vincent Gilsanz, Stefano Mora -- The effects of sex steroids on bone growth / Giampiero I. Baroncelli, Silvano Bertelloni -- Nutritional basis of skeletal growth / Connie M. Weaver, Elizabeth Haney -- Physical activity and skeletal growth / Heather M. Macdonald, Heather A. McKay, Melonie Burrows --Section 3. Skeletal genetics -- The genetics of peak bone mass / Luigi Gennari, Robert F. Klein, Serge Ferrari -- Section 4. Aging and the male skeleton -- Age-related changes in bone remodeling and microarchitecture / Roger Zebaze, Ego Seeman -- Markers of bone remodeling and the aging skeleton / Serge Cremers, Christian Meier, Markus J. Seibel -- Alterations in mineral metabolism in the aging male / Shonni J. Silverberg, Bismruta Misra -- Changes in bone size and geometry with aging / Pawel Szulc -- Aging and bone loss / Steven Boonen ... [et al.] -- The effect of age on material properties / Charles H. Turner, Matthew R. Allen, David B. -- Section 5. Nutritional issues -- Calcium, bone strength and fractures / Laura A.G. Armas, Robert P. Heaney, Joan M. Lappe -- Vitamin D and bone / Roger Bouillon ... [et al.] -- Role of dietary protein in bone growth and bone loss / Rene Rizzoli --Section 6. Sex steroids and the skeleton in men -- Section 7. Fractures in men -- Section 8. Metabolic bone disease in men -- Section 9. Diagnostic approach -- Section 10. Therapy.
- Osteoporosis in older persons 2009, Springer
- Osteoporosis research 2011, SpringerHow to Select Your Animal Model for Osteoporosis Research / A. Simon Turner -- Skeletal Phenotyping in Rodents: Tissue Isolation and Manipulation / Janet E. Henderson, Chan Gao and Edward J. Harvey -- Methods in Bone Biology in Animals: Biomechanics / José B. Volpon and Antonio C. Shimano -- Methods in Bone Histomorphometry for Animal Models / Natalie Dion, Audray Fortin and Louis-Georges Ste-Marie -- Methods in Bone Biology in Animals: Imaging / Blaine A. Christiansen and Mary L. Bouxsein -- Methods in Bone Biology in Animals: Biochemical Markers / Markus Herrmann -- Methods in Bone Biology: Cancer and Bone / Yu Zheng, Markus J. Seibel and Hong Zhou -- How to Test Osteoporosis Treatments in Experimental Animals / Robert J. van ʻt Hof -- The Ovariectomized Mice and Rats / Jameela Banu -- Classical Models of Senile Osteoporosis / Ken Watanabe -- Animal Models of Premature Aging / Wei Li and Gustavo Duque -- Nonhuman Primate Models of Osteoporosis / Susan Y. Smith, Aurore Varela and Jacquelin Jolette -- Other Large Animal Models / Susan Reinwald and David B. Burr -- Mouse models for the Study of Fracture Healing and Bone Regeneration / Joerg H. Holstein, Patric Garcia, Tina Histing, Moritz Klein and Steven C. Becker, et al.
- Osteoporosis. 2nd rev. ed. 2009, Springer
- Paediatric musculoskeletal disease 2005, Springer
- Patellar instability surgery in clinical practice 2013, SpringerPatellar Instability Surgery in Clinical Practice analyses in a step by step format, the different reconstruction techniques for the medial patellofemoral ligament (MPFL) reconstruction as well as other techniques less frequently used in the patient with lateral patellofemoral instability. also the treatment of medial patellofemoral instability is also explained. Patellar Instability surgery is a very practical book, aimed at junior and general orthopedic surgeon who require a useful easy reference for these common knee procedures but will also be of great interest to those surgeons who specialized in knee surgery.
- Patellofemoral joint in the athlete 2014, SpringerPatellofemoral disorders are extremely prevalent in athletes and can lead to chronic pain, instability, weakness, and inconsistent or poor athletic performance. These disorders can be difficult to diagnose.Treatment options can vary depending upon several factors, including the sport andthe time during the sports season when the symptoms occur. Treatment also varies depending on the age of the patient and their competition level. The Patellofemoral Joint in the Athlete provides an extensive review of the physical examination, radiographic evaluation, differential diagnoses, and treatment options of common patellofemoral disorders, including patellar chondrosis, pain and instability. The contributors are nationally recognized experts in the patellofemoral joint that treat athletes of all ages and abilities. Appropriate for orthopedic surgeons, sports medicine physicians, rehabilitation physicians and physical therapists, this book is a comprehensive guide to the unique and sport-specific concerns of athletesof all ages and abilitieswith regard to the patellofemoral joint.
- Patellofemoral pain, instability, and arthritis 2010, SpringerPathophysiology of anterior knee pain -- Pathophysiology of lateral patellar dislocation -- Natural history of patellofemoral dislocations -- Clinical presentation of patellofemoral disorders -- Clinical examination of the patellofemoral patient -- Standard X-ray examination: patellofemoral disorders -- Patellar height: which index? -- Stress radiographs in the diagnosis of patellofemoral instability -- Computed tomography and arthro-CT scan in patellofemoral disorders -- MRI analysis of patella instability factors -- MRI of the patellofemoral articular cartilage -- Patellofemoral pain syndrome: the value of pinhole and SPECT scintigraphic imaging and quantitative measurements of bone mineral equivalent density with quantitative computed tomography -- Gait analysis in patients with patellofemoral disorders -- Iatrogenic anterior knee pain with special emphasis on the clinical radiographical, histological, ultrastructural and biochemical aspects after anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction using ipsilateral autografts -- Non-operative treatment of patellofemoral pain: role of physical therapy -- Lateral release of the lateral patellofemoral retinaculum: literature review for select patellofemoral disorders -- Medial side patellofemoral anatomy -- Arthroscopic medial reefing in acute patellar dislocation -- Medial reefing in chronic potential patellar instability -- Medial patellofemoral ligament reconstruction -- MPFL reconstruction: the adductor sling approach -- Importance and radiographic identification of the femoral insertion in medial patellofemoral ligament reconstruction -- MPTL (medial patellotibial ligament) reconstruction -- Distal realignment: medialization of tibial tuberosity: the Elmslie-Trillat technique -- Bony surgery distal realignment surgery -- Trochlear lengthening osteotomy with or without elevation of the lateral trochlear facet -- Proximal open trochleoplasty (grooveplasty) -- Deepening trochoplasty for patellar instability -- Arthroscopic deepening trochleoplasty for patella instability -- The role of limb rotational osteotomy -- Long-term results after autologous chondrocyte implantation in cartilage lesions of the patellofemoral joint -- Novel nano-composite multilayered biomaterial for the treatment of patellofemoral cartilage lesions -- Isolated patellofemoral osteoarthritis: natural history and clinical presentation -- The nonoperative treatment of patellofemoral arthritis -- Current concepts regarding tibial tubercle osteotomy -- Isolated patellofemoral osteoarthritis: prosthetic indications -- Post-operative management of surgeries aimed at correcting patellofemoral instability: results of an international surgeon survey -- Errors and complications in patellofemoral surgery -- Trochleoplasty for symptomatic trochlear dysplasia in the skeletally immature patient with review of fetal anatomy -- Patellofemoral disorders in the skeletally immature patients.
- Pediatric and adolescent musculoskeletal MRI 2007, Springer
- Pediatric bone sarcomas 2009, Springer
- Pediatric bone. 2nd ed. 2012, ScienceDirectFulltext ClinicalKey1. Bone cell biology: osteoclasts, osteoblasts, osteocytes / Katharine Jähn and Lynda F. Bonewald -- 2. Bone matrix and mineralization / Marc D. McKee and William G. Cole -- 3. Prenatal bone development / Fanxin Long -- 4. Postnatal bone growth: growth plate biology, bone formation, and remodeling / Christa Maes and Henry M. Kronenberg -- 5. Dental development and maturation, from the dental crypt to the final occlusion / Jean-Marc Retrouvey, Michel Goldberg and Stéphane Schwartz -- 6. Parathyroid hormone and calcium homeostasis / John T. Potts and Thomas J. gardella -- 7. Phosphate homeostasis regulatory mechanisms / Clemens Bergwitz and Harald Jüppner -- 8. Vitamin D biology / René St-Arnaud and Marie B. Demay -- 9. Peak bone mass and its regulation / Jean-Philippe Bonjour ... [et al.] -- 10. Pregnancy and lactation / Ann Prentice -- 11. Fetal mineral homeostasis / Christopher S. Kovacs -- 12. Radiology / Judith E. Adams ... [et al.] -- 13. Non-invasive techniques for bone mass measurement / Mary B. Leonard and Laura K. Bachrach -- 14. Assessment of maturation: bone age and pubertal assessment / Noël Cameron and David D. Martin -- 15. Biochemical markers of bone metabolism / Nick Shaw and Wolfgang Högler -- 16. Pediatric bone histomorphometry / frank Rauch -- 17. A diagnostic approach to skeletal dysplasias / Sheila Unger, Andrea Superti-Furga and David L. Rimoin -- 18. The spectrum of pediatric osteoporosis / Maria Luisa Bianchi and Francis H. Glorieux -- 19. Osteogenesis imperfecta / Francis H. Glorieux and David Rowe -- 20. Sclerosing bone dysplasias / Bram Perdu ... [et al.] -- 21. Parathyroid disorders / Murat Bastepe, Harald Jüppner and Rajesh V. Thakker -- 22. Fibrous dysplasia / Paolo Bianco and Shlomo Wientroub -- 23. Nutritional rickets / John M. Pettifor -- 24. Metabolic bone disease in the neonatal period and its later sequelae / Nick Bishop, Mary Pewtrell and Nick Harvey -- 25. Rickets due to hereditary abnormalities of vitamin D synthesis or action / Anthony A. Portale, Farzana Perwad and Walter L. Miller -- 26. Familial hypophosphatemia and related disorders / Ingrid A. Holm, Michael J. Econs and Thomas O. Carpenter -- 27. Hereditary tubular disorders of mineral handling / Daniella Magen and Israel Zelikovic -- 28. Hypophosphatasia / michael P. Whyte -- 29. Chronic kidney disease mineral and bone disorder / Katherine Wesseling Perry and Isidro B. Salusky -- 30. Extraskeletal bone formation / Eileen M. Shore and Frederick S. Kaplan.
- Pediatric orthopedic deformities 2001, ScienceDirectDevelopmental bone biology -- Imaging approaches for epiphyseal assessment -- Developmental dysplasia of the hip -- Legg-Calve-Perthes Disease -- Coxa Vara in developmental and acquired abnormalities of the femur -- Developmental disorders of the knee -- Deformities due to disorders primarily affecting the epiphyses and metaphyses -- Lower extremity length discrepancies -- Skeletal dysplasias -- Epiphyseal and metaphyseal involvement with metabolic, inflammatory, neoplastic, infectious, and hematologic disorders.
- Pediatric orthopedic surgical emergencies 2012, SpringerPart 1.Trauma Overview --Polytrauma in the Pediatric Patient /Joshua M. Abzug and Martin J. Herman --The Mangled Extremity in Children /Sapan D. Gandhi, Joshua M. Abzug and Martin J. Herman --Compartment Syndrome /Baxter Willis --Part 2.Spine --Cervical Spine Injuries in Children /Steven W. Hwang, Per D. Trobisch, Andrew Jea and Amer F. Samdani --Thoracic and Lumbar Spine Injuries /Hitesh Garg, Joshua Pahys and Patrick J. Cahill --Part 3.Upper Extremity --Supracondylar Humerus Fractures /Joshua M. Abzug, Dan A. Zlotolow and Scott H. Kozin --Upper Extremity Replantation in Children /Joshua M. Abzug, Dan A. Zlotolow and Scott H. Kozin --Part 4.Lower Extremity --Pediatric Hip Fractures and Dislocations /James J. McCarthy, Kenneth J. Noonan and Sapan D. Gandhi --Pediatric Proximal Tibial Fractures with Vascular Compromise /William Hennrikus and Tamara Pylawka --Open Tibia Fractures in Children and Adolescents /Joseph Rosenblatt and Shannon D. Safier --Part 5.Infection --Septic Hip /Peter D. Pizzutillo and Megan Gresh --Necrotizing Fasciitis /Kevin J. Little and Joshua M. Abzug --Part 6.Other --Slipped Capital Femoral Epiphysis /Panagiotis Peter Glavas and B. David Horn.
- 5-minute orthopaedic consult. 2nd ed. — Common musculoskeletal problems (100)
- Complex fractures of the limbs — Inherited neuromuscular diseases (100)
- Internal derangements of joints. 2nd ed. — Pediatric orthopedic surgical emergencies (100)
- Pediatric orthopedics in practice — Young adult hip in sport (88)
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
Bookmark on other websites
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases