Books by Subject
- 5-minute orthopaedic consult. 2nd ed. — Complex fractures of the limbs (101)
- Complications in knee and shoulder surgery — Internal derangements of joints. 2nd ed. (101)
- Internal fixation of femoral neck fractures — Patellofemoral pain, instability, and arthritis (101)
- Pediatric and adolescent musculoskeletal MRI — Young adult hip in sport (100)
OrthopedicsAccess restricted to Stanford unless otherwise noted
- Complications in knee and shoulder surgery 2009, Springer
- Comprehensive anatomy of motor functions 2014, SpringerIntroduction -- Basic Notions on Mobility Function -- Introduction -- Components of Motor Apparatus -- Command and Control -- Spinal Functions -- Introduction -- Spinal Stabilization -- Cervical Spine and the Eye/Head Servomechanism -- Thoracic Spine and Respiratory Dynamics -- Thoracic Spine and Respiratory Dynamics -- Locomotion -- Introduction -- The Two Aspects of Locomotion -- Prehension -- Introduction -- Wrist/Hand Complex -- Humero-Radio-Ulnar Complex -- Cleido-Scapulo-Humeral Complex -- Conclusion -- Eye Mobility -- Introduction -- Three Specific Features Important to Understand -- Conclusion -- Facial Mimic -- Introduction -- Facial Superior Orbital Floor -- Facial Inferior Buccal Floor -- Masticatory Function -- Introduction -- Movements of TMJ -- Control of Mandibular Posture -- Speaking and Swallowing -- Introduction -- The Aero-Digestive Cross Way -- Swallowing -- Phonation -- Bladder and Rectum Incontinences -- Introduction -- Technical Problems and Solutions -- Command and Control -- Ejaculation and Orgasm -- Introduction -- Technical Problems af Copulation -- Motor Of Inference: The Orgasm -- Conclusions.
- Computer and template assisted orthopedic surgery 2013, SpringerComputer-assisted surgery is a growing sub-discipline of orthopaedic surgery. This book offers a comprehensive presentation of scientific work and clinical experience including new technologies like individual templating in unicompartmental and total knee arthoplasty based on computer-assisted design technology. Computer-assisted surgery involves not only total knee and total hip arthroplasty, but also trauma, sports and revision surgery. In this edition we have added sections on 3D fluoroscopy-based spinal surgery as well as 3D fluoroscopy-based trauma surgery. Even in total hip surgery, navigation systems offer exciting new aspects, and the clinical benefit of navigation in total knee arthroplasties has now been demonstrated. We believe that this textbook will be of interest to those new to this specific field, while also providing an update for experienced users. An added benefit is the international character of this textbook, including experiences from Switzerland, Israel, the United States and the German-speaking countries.
- General principles and philosophy -- Resources and strategy -- Common terms -- Combining multiple impairments -- General guidelines for impairment ratings -- Upper extremity -- Lower extremity -- Spine and pelvis -- Skin -- Complex regional pain syndrome, causalgia, reflex sympathetic dystrophy.
- Conflict and catastrophe medicine. Third edition. [3rd ed.] 2014, SpringerConflict and Catastrophe Medicine: A Practical Guide 3e follows its successful predecessors in providing a framework for use by health professionals visiting a resource-constrained environment. Aimed at health professionals, Conflict and Catastrophe Medicine: A Practical Guide 3e encompasses problems brought about by local conflict or natural disasters. Itcovers preparation, organisation, logistics, treatment of major trauma and medical emergencies, and the special problems of delivering medicine in a hostile environment. This book will provide the reader with a mix of theory, opinion and practical advice to guide him through areas of conflicts, catastrophes and remote locations.
- Congenital hip disease in adults 2014, Springer
- Corail® hip system 2011, SpringerHistory / Jean-Pierre Vidalain and Louis Setiey -- Basic Science / Tarik Aït Si Selmi, Jean-Marc Semay, Valéry Barbour, Michel-Henri Fessy and Michel Bonnin, et al. -- The Corail® Hip Stem / Steve Young, Markus C. Michel, Tarik Aït Si Selmi, Camdon Fary and Jean-Charles Rollier, et al. -- Corail® Outcomes / Scott Brumby -- The Corail Revision Family / Tim Board -- Part II. Approaches, Bearings, Cups and Direction: The ABC ... and D of Corail® -- Approaches / David Beverland -- Bearings / David Beverland -- Cups / David Beverland -- Direction / David Beverland -- Part III. Case Studies -- Case Studies: Pot-Pourri / Tarik Aït Si Selmi -- Part IV. The Next 25 Years -- Medico-Economic Considerations: Money Does Not Buy Happiness / Jens Boldt -- Educational Programme in Eastern Europe: The Russian Experience / Jens Boldt -- Educational Programme from Europe to Asia Pacific: Travelling the Seven Seas / Jens Boldt -- Erratum / Jean-Pierre Vidalain, Tarik Aït Si Selmi, David Beverland, Steve Young and Tim Board, et al.
- Craniofacial trauma 2010, Springer
- Current advances in osteosarcoma 2014, Springer"Current Advances in Osteosarcoma summarizes molecular and genetic characteristics, new therapeutic ideas, and biological characteristics that have been uncovered in this field over the past 10 years. Osteosarcoma is an aggressive malignant neoplasm and is the most common histological form of bone cancer. Osteosarcoma accounts for approximately 56% of new bone tumors, making it the most primary malignant bone tumor in children and adolescents. The lungs are the most common site of metastases and once osteosarcoma spreads to the lungs, it is very difficult to treat. In order to improve the outcome of this disease, the biology of osteosarcoma needs to be better understood. There are numerous investigators around the world who have made seminal discoveries about the important molecular pathways and genetic alterations that contribute to the development and metastases of osteosarcoma. Other investigators have proposed novel therapeutic strategies including some based on the molecular and genetic phenotype of the disease. This volume will provide a comprehensive review of these new discoveries in one singular text, which will help move the field forward."
- Current diagnosis & treatment in orthopedics 2014 (5th ed.)., AccessMedicine
- Damage control management in the polytrauma patient. 1st ed. 2010, Springer
- Deformity correction in total knee arthroplasty 2014, Springer"With rapid advancement in technology and materials in total knee arthroplasty (TKA), long-term survival and function of the total knee is now more and more dependent on restoring accurate limb alignment, precise component position and optimum soft-tissue balance. Proper technique is key to ensuring this and is all the more crucial and challenging to achieve in arthritic knees with severe and complex deformities. Correction of such knee deformities forms an important part of TKA for orthopedic surgeons working in both emerging and developed nations. Deformity Correction in Total Knee Arthroplasty fills the void that exists in treating severe and complex knee deformities and the use of computer-navigation in TKA. It covers the principles of deformity correction and soft-tissue balancing in primary TKA in an illustrative, step-wise and algorithmic fashion. Starting with the initial key step of preoperative planning, this book goes on to specifically describe how to deal with different types of deformities encountered in patients who undergo TKA - varus, valgus, flexion, hypertension, rotational and extra-articular deformities - as well as the stiff knee, the unstable knee, osteotomies in primary TKA and postoperative pain management and rehabilitation. This focused how-to manual includes plentiful images and clear, concise text from authors who have performed thousands of TKAs, making it a must-have reference for any surgeon unfamiliar or frequently confronted with this type of procedure."--Publisher's website.
- Fulltext ClinicalKeyThe revised DeLee & Drez's Orthopaedic Sports Medicine covers the surgical, medical, and rehabilitation/injury prevention topics related to athletic injuries and chronic conditions with coverage of both pediatric and aging athletes; important non-orthopaedic conditions involved in the management of the athlete; rapidly evolving techniques; and sports-related fractures. It aids in understanding rehabilitation and other therapeutic modalities in the context of return to play. It also covers arthroscopic techniques, including ACL reconstruction, allograft cartilage transplantation, rotator cuff repair, and complications in athletes, as well as injury prevention, nutrition, pharmacology, and psychology in sports.
- Developing insights in cartilage repair 2014, SpringerThis book reviews the current basic and clinical research into the mechanisms of cartilage injury and its management. It illustrates the considerable progress made in the search for solutions to cartilage related problems. Developing Insights in Cartilage Repair describes fundamental research and the use of biomaterials, bioreactors, and imaging as part of existing cartilage repair strategies, while revealing the on-going trends for emerging techniques. The aim of the Editors and their team of authorities in cartilage medicine has been to provide a link between laboratory work and the daily treatment of patients in a clinical setting. This book reveals the highly multidisciplinary nature of the topic and it will thus not only be of considerable interest to a large proportion of the orthopaedic community, but also any discipline in which cartilaginous tissue is involved, including otorhinolaryngology and plastic surgery.
- Diagnostic imaging of musculoskeletal diseases 2010, SpringerBone Structure and Function / Fayez F. Safadi and Jasvir S. Khurana -- Systematic Approach to Metabolic Diseases of Bone / Akbar Bonakdarpour -- Systematic Approach to Radiology of Endocrine Disorders Affecting the Musculoskeletal System / Akbar Bonakdarpour and Colleen Veloski -- Circulatory Diseases of Bone and Adjacent Soft Tissues / Wilfred C.G. Peh and Seoung-Oh Yang -- Imaging Approach to Musculoskeletal Trauma / William R. Reinus -- Imaging and Understanding Fracture Fixation / Bahman Rafiee -- Systematic Approach to Tumors and Focal Lesions of Bone / Shigeru Ehara and Jasvir S. Khurana -- Systematic Approach to Tumors and Tumor-Like Conditions of Soft Tissue / Theodore T. Miller, Carolyn M. Sofka, Paul Zhang and Jasvir S. Khurana -- Imaging Approach to Hemoglobinopathies / Avneesh Chhabra and William R. Reinus -- Imaging Approach to Musculoskeletal Infections / William R. Reinus -- Systematic Approach to Arthropathies / William R. Reinus -- Imaging of Prostheses / Sayed Ali and William R. Reinus -- Systematic Approach to Skeletal Dysplasias with Emphasis on Non-lethal Disorders / Akbar Bonakdarpour -- Interventional Procedures in Musculoskeletal Radiology / Jamshid Tehranzadeh, Scott Seibert and Afshin Gangi.
- Diet, nutrients, and bone health 2012, CRCnetBASE"Presenting recent advancements in research findings and the resulting new schools of thought on the physiology of human bone, this comprehensive reference examines information on dietary pattern and specific nutrients in bone health. Written by experts in the areas of nutrition, bone function, and medicine, chapters include research on a variety of bone-related topics including effects of vitamins, nutrients, and antioxidants; dietary requirements; physical exercise; bone hormones; lifestyle and effects through the life cycle; race and ethnicity; and prevention of bone diseases including osteopenia and osteoporosis"--Provided by publisher.
- Radiologic and pathologic approach to bone tumors -- Bone-forming (osteogenic) lesions -- Cartilage (chondrogenic) lesions -- Fibrogenic, fibroosseous, and fibrohistiocytic lesions -- Round cell lesions -- Vascular lesions -- Miscellaneous tumors and tumor-like lesions -- Metastases -- Tumors and tumor-like lesions of the joints.
- Disorders of the shoulder. 2nd ed. 2007, Ovid
- Double dynamic Martin screw (DMS) 2008, Springer
- Dupuytren's disease and related hyperproliferative disorders 2012, SpringerPart I. Anatomy, Pathology, and Pathophysiology / Charles Eaton -- Part II. The Myofibroblast / Giulio Gabbiani -- Part III. Genetics and Demographics / Ardeshir Bayat -- Part IV. Collagen and Cell Biology / Charles Eaton -- Part V. Surgical Treatment / Paul M.N. Werker -- Part VI. Needle Release and Hand Therapy / Paul M.N. Werker -- Part VII. Additional and New Treatment Options / M. Heinrich Seegenschmiedt -- Part VIII. Future Perspectives / Charles Eaton.
- Dynamics of bone and cartilage metabolism. 2nd ed. 2006, ScienceDirectStructure, biosynthesis and gene regulation of collagens in cartilage and bone / Klaus von der Mark -- Fibrillogenesis and maturation of collagens / Simon P. Robins -- Vitamin K dependent proteins of bone and cartilage / Caren M. Gundberg and Satoru K. Nishimoto -- Noncollagenous proteins: glycoproteins and related proteins / Dick Heinegård, Pilar Lorenzo, and Tore Saxne -- Proteoglycans and glycosaminoglycans / Tim Hardingham -- Growth factors / Philippa Hulley, Graham Russell, and Peter Croucher -- Prostaglandins and proinflammatory cytokines / Lawrence G. Raisz and Joseph A. Lorenzo -- Integrins and other adhesion molecules / M.H. Helfrich and M.A. Horton -- Alkaline phosphatases / José Luis Millán -- Acid phosphatases / Helena Kaija ... [et al.] -- Matrix proteinases / Ian M. Clark and Gillian Murphy -- Mineralization, structure and function of bone / Adele L. Boskey -- Bone structure and strength / Ego Seeman -- The cells of bone / Jane B. Lian and Gary S. Stein -- Signaling in bone / T. John Martin and Natalie A. Sims -- Parathyroid hormone: structure, function and dynamic actions / Lorraine A. Fitzpatrick and John P. Bilezikian -- Interaction of parathyroid hormone-related peptide with the skeleton / David Goltzman -- The vitamin D hormone and its nuclear receptor: mechanisms involved in bone biology / Geert Carmeliet ... [et al.] -- Sex steroid effects on bone metabolism / David G. Monroe, Thomas C. Spelsberg, and S. Khosla -- Physiology of calcium and phosphate homeostasis / René Rizzoli and Jean-Philippe Bonjour -- The central control of bone remodelling / Paul A. Baldock ... [et al.] -- New concepts in bone remodeling / David W. Dempster and Hua Zhou -- Products of bone collagen metabolism / Juha Risteli and Leila Risteli -- Supramolecular structure of cartilage matrix / Peter Bruckner -- Products of cartilage metabolism / Daniel-Henri Manicourt, Jean-Pierre Devogelaer, and Eugene J.-M.A. Thonar -- Fluid dynamics of the joint space and trafficking of matrix products / Peter A. Simkin --Transgenic models of bone disease / Barbara E. Kream and John R. Harrison -- The role of genetic variation in osteoporosis / André G. Uitterlinden ... [et al.] -- Measurement of calcium, phosphate and magnesium / Heinrich Schmidt-Gayk -- Measurement of parathyroid hormone / Harald Jüppner and Ghada El-Hajj Fuleihan -- New horizons for assessment of vitamin D status in man / Gary L. Lensmeyer, Neil Binkley, and Marc K. Drezner -- Measurement of biochemical markers of bone formation / Kim E. Naylor and Richard Eastell -- Measurement of biochemical markers of bone resorption / Marius E. Kraenzlin and Markus J. Seibel -- Variability in the measurement of biochemical markers of bone turnover / Tuan V. Nguyen, Christian Meier, and Markus J. Seibel -- Validation of biochemical markers of bone turnover / Kim Brixen and Erik Fink Eriksen -- Genetic markers of joint disease / Michel Neidhart, Renate E. Gay, and Steffen Gay -- Laboratory assessment of postmenopausal osteoporosis / Patrick Garnero and Pierre D. Delmas -- Monitoring anabolic treatment / John P. Bilezikian and Mishaela R. Rubin -- Monitoring of antiresorptive therapy / Christian Meier, Tuan V. Ngyen, and Markus J. Seibel -- Age-related osteoporosis and skeletal markers of bone turnover / Clifford J. Rosen -- Steroid-induced osteoporosis / Ian R. Reid -- Transplantation osteoporosis: biochemical correlates of pathogenesis and treatment / Carolina A. Moreira Kulak and Elizabeth Shane -- Secondary osteoporosis / Jean E. Mulder, Carolina A. Moreira Kulak, and Elizabeth Shane -- Osteomalacia and rickets / Marc K. Drezner -- Assessment of bone and joint diseases: renal osteodystrophy / Esther A. González, Ziyad Al Aly, and Kevin J. Martin -- Primary hyperparathyroidism / Shonni J. Silverberg, and John P. Bilezikian -- Paget's disease of bone / Andreas Grauer, Ethel Siris, and Stuart Ralston -- Metastatic bone disease / Jean-Jacques Body -- Rare bone diseases / Michael P. Whyte -- Osteogenesis imperfecta / Francis H. Glorieux and Frank Rauch -- Rheumatoid arthritis and other inflammatory joint pathologies / Steven R. Goldring and Mary B. Goldring -- Osteoarthritis and degenerative spine pathologies / Kristina Åkesson.
- Early development of total hip replacement 2006, Wellcome Trust
- Elbow and its disorders. 4th ed. 2008, ClinicalKey
- Elbow arthroscopy 2013, SpringerAnatomy and Portals -- Arthroscopic Technique -- Osteochondritis Dissecans Lesions and Loose Bodies of the Elbow -- Arthroscopic Treatment of Lateral Epicondylitis -- Elbow Arthroscopy in Stiff Elbow -- The Role of Arthroscopy in Elbow Instability -- Endoscopy Around the Elbow -- Arthroscopic Treatment of Elbow Fractures -- Elbow Arthroscopy Complications -- Elbow Arthroscopy: The Future.
- Elbow. 2nd ed. 2002, Ovid
- Emergency musculoskeletal imaging in children 2014, SpringerThis book is a practical guide to the radiologic evaluation of acute musculoskeletal injuries of the upper and lower extremities in children. It covers the detection of more subtle and frequently missed fractures and injuries such as buckle fractures, Salter Harris I and II fractures, and epiphyseal and metaphyseal fractures. It also emphasizes the assessment of soft tissues and periarticular fat pads, which can lead to discovery of the sites of bony injuries. Other pathologies that affect the musculoskeletal system, such as infections and tumors, are also discussed. It includes over 600 magnetic resonance, computed tomography, ultrasound, and radiographic images organized by anatomic region.
- Emergency orthopedics 2014, SpringerEmergency Orthopedics is a practical, up-to-date, and comprehensive manual on the diagnosis and treatment of emergency injuries and disorders of the locomotor system. Its problem-based structure, with each chapter addressing a particular symptom, is designed to allow the reader to rapidly locate hands-on advice. For each symptom, facts and findings that will assist in diagnosis are highlighted. Possible diagnoses are suggested according to the ICD-10 code, and the proposed treatment recommendations consider both short- and long-term aspects. The text is supported by exceptionally instructive illustrations, e.g., of examination techniques and reduction maneuvers. The author has extensive practical experience in emergency rooms as well as in sports medicine, research, and education. This book will be a treasure trove of information for all who work in the emergency room and will also be very useful for general practitioners, physiotherapists, and chiropractors.
- Engineering of functional skeletal tissues 2007, Springer
- Epiduroscopy 2008, Springer
- Epiphyseal growth plate fractures 2007, Springer
- Essential dance medicine 2009, Springer
- Essential orthopaedics and trauma. 5th ed. 2009, ClinicalKeyIntroduction -- History and clinical examination -- Orthopaedic anatomy -- Basic science in orthopaedics -- Investigations -- Methods of treatment -- The principles of managing trauma -- Immediate care and major incidents -- Methods of managing trauma -- Injuries to the face, head and spine -- Injuries to the trunk -- Injuries to the upper limb -- Hand injuries -- Injuries to the lower limb -- Sports injuries -- Osteoarthritis -- Rheumatoid arthritis and other arthropathies -- Bone and joint infections -- Metabolic disease, dysplasias, osteochondritis, and neurological disorders -- Granulomatous disorders and tumours -- Deformities in children -- Disorders of the shoulder and elbow -- Disorders of the wrist and hand -- Disorders of the hip and knee -- Disorders of the ankle and foot -- Disorders of the spine.
- Essentials in elbow surgery 2014, SpringerApplied anatomy & Surgical Approaches to the Elbow -- Lateral Elbow Pain -- Medial Elbow Pain -- Distal Humerus Fractures -- Fractures and Dislocations of the Proximal Ulna & Radial head -- Elbow Stiffness -- Elbow Instability -- The Arthritic Elbow -- Tendon Injuries -- Safety in Elbow Surgery: From Open to Arthroscopy.
- Essentials of hand surgery. 1st ed. 2002, Ovid
- Essentials of orthopedic surgery. 4th ed. 2010, SpringerThis concise third edition offers hands-on guidance for identifying and treating the most commonly seen orthopedic problems in children and adults. Convenient as a study source for medical students, its many photographs and illustrations will also serve as a useful clinical reference for young surgeons, residents, nurses, and physician assistants. Each of the many topics is covered in depth and is designed to educate medical students and steer them towards formulating excellent diagnoses and treatment plans. As a further aid, multiple-choice questions are included at the end of each chapter.
- ESSKA instructional course lecture book 2014, SpringerThis book provides an update on a wide variety of hot topics in the field of knee surgery, sports trauma, and arthroscopy, covering the latest developments in basic science and clinical and surgical methods. It comprises the Instructional Course Lectures delivered at the 16th ESSKA Congress, which was held in Amsterdam during May 2014 and brought together the worlds leading orthopaedic and sports physicians. The contributions are all written by European and international experts in their field. Each lecture has a practical focus and provides an up-to-date synthesis of core knowledge on the subject in question with the aid of high-quality illustrations. Take home messages and key recommendations are highlighted. This book will be of value to practitioners and researchers alike.
- ESSKA instructional course lecture book 2012, SpringerThis book contains a collection of instructional course lectures given during the 15th ESSKA (European Society of Sports Traumatology, Knee Surgery and Arthroscopy) Congress, held in Geneva during May 2012. The lectures cover a wide range of hot topics in the field, including diverse injuries and management techniques. Each lecture has a practical focus and provides an up-to-date synthesis of core knowledge on the subject in question with the aid of high-quality illustrations. Take home messages and key recommendations are highlighted. This book will be of value to practitioners and researchers alike.
- EUROHIP 2009, Springer
- European instructional lectures v. 9-, 2009-, Springer
- This tenth volume in the EUROPEAN INSTRUCTIONAL LECTURES series continues the format of educational chapters from across Orthopaedics and Traumatology contributed by notable surgeons in Europe. It provides up-to-date material and major advances covering a range of topics including: -General Orthopaedics -Musculo-Skeletal Tumours -Paediatric Orthopaedics -Trauma -Spine -Upper Limb -Hip -Knee -Ankle and Foot All the lectures were presented at the 11th EFORT Congress in Madrid, Spain. The lectures are an authoritative source of information illustrated by radiographs, MRI and CT Scans, operative photographs, tables and line drawings. They are a valuable source of instruction for Surgeons and Trainees alike. This book has been edited by Professor George Bentley. Chairman of Scientific Publications Committee of EFORT.
- Bone Substitutes in Clinical Work / Jari Salo -- Epidemiology and Variability of Orthopaedic Procedures Worldwide / Maria de Fatima de Pina, Ana Isabel Ribeiro, and Carlos Santos -- Cartilage-Forming Bone Tumours / Antonie H.M. Taminiau, Judith V.M.G. Bovée, Carla S.P. van Rijswijk, Hans A.J. Gelderblom, and Michiel A.J. van de Sande -- The Current State of Treatment for Clubfoot in Europe / Rüdiger Krauspe, Kristina Weimann-Stahlschmidt, and B. Westhoff -- Management of Pelvic Fractures / Peter V. Giannoudis and Frangiskos Xypnitos -- The Reverse Shoulder Prosthesis / Carlos Torrens -- Spine Injury: Polytrauma Management / Benny Dahl -- Surgical Management of Tuberculosis of the Spine / Ahmet Alanay and Deniz Olgun -- Scaphoid Fractures / Joseph J. Dias -- Bearing Surfaces / Theofilos Karachalios and George Karydakis -- Hip Pain in the Young Adult / Moritz Tannast, Christoph E. Albers, Simon D. Steppacher, and Klaus A. Siebenrock -- Bone Loss Around the Acetabular Component / Jonathan Howell and Ben Bolland -- The Uni-Knee: Indications, and Recent Techniques / Sébastien Lustig, Gérard Deschamps, M. Alsaati, C. Fary, and Phillippe Neyret -- Osteotomies Around the Knee / Siegfried Hofmann, Philipp Lobenhoffer, Alex Staubli, and Ronald Van Heerwaarden -- Total Knee Replacement for the Stiff Knee / Philippe Massin -- Surgical Treatment of Displaced Calcaneal Fractures / Zvi Cohen, Gershon Volpin, and Haim Shtarker Forefoot Deformities / Wolfgang Schneider.
- Part 1.Musculo-skeletal Trauma --The Spectrum of Polytrauma. A Pragmatic Approach for the Musculo-Skeletal Surgeon /Pierre Hoffmeyer and Robin Peter --Proximal Femoral Fractures /Christopher G. Moran and M. Gaden --Acute Infections After Osteosynthesis /Volkmar Heppert --Part 2.Musculo-skeletal Tumours --The Multi-modal Approach to Metastatic Disease /Minna Laitinen, Maire Ratasvuori and Toni-Karri Pakarinen --How to Manage Osteolytic Lesions /Jendrik Hardes --Part 3.Paediatrics --Developmental Hip Dysplasia - A Problem Solved? /Michael K. D. Benson --Part 4.Spine --Infections of the Spine /José Guimarães Consciência, Rui Pinto and T. Saldanha --Multimodal Treatment of Back Pain /Hans Raimund Casser --Part 5.Upper Limb --Proximal Humeral Fractures /Martin Jaeger and N. P. Südkamp --Part 6.Pelvis and Hip --Navigation and Hip Surgery /Philippe Merloz --Re-cementing in Revision Total Hip Replacement /Sarah L. Whitehouse, Matt Wilson, Jonathan R. Howell, Matthew J. W. Hubble and A. John Timperley --Instability Following Total Hip Arthroplasty /Klaus-Peter Günther, Stephan Kirschner, Maik Stiehler and Albrecht Hartmann --New Trends in Osteonecrosis of the Femoral Head /Konstantinos N. Malizos and Loukia K. Papatheodorou --Part 7.Knee --Patellar Fractures /Jean-Christophe Bel --Arthroscopic Treatment of Intra-Articular Fractures of the Knee /Reha N. Tandogan --Treatment of Osteonecrosis of the Knee /Tahsin Beyzadeoglu and Ayberk Onal --Part 8.Trauma Lower Limb --Ankle Fractures /Stefan Rammelt and Hans Zwipp --Part 9.Foot and Ankle --Treatment of Metatarsalgia /Jean-Luc Besse --Management of Ankle Osteoarthritis /Matthias G. Walcher, Monika Horisberger, Antony Liddell and Victor Valderrabano.
- European instructional lectures. Volume 13, 2013, 14th EFORT Congress, Istanbul, Turkey 2013, SpringerThis thirteenth volume in the EUROPEAN INSTRUCTIONAL LECTURES series continues the format of educational chapters from across Orthopaedics and Traumatology contributed by distinguished Orthopaedic Educators in Europe. It provides current material and major advances covering a range of topics including: General Orthopaedics, Basic Science and Technology, Musculo-skeletal Tumours, Infections, Paediatric Orthopaedics, Trauma, Spine, Upper Limb, Hip, Knee, Leg, Ankle and Foot. All the lectures were presented at the 14th EFORT Congress in Istanbul, Turkey.
- European instructional lectures. Volume 14, 15th EFORT Congress, London, United Kingdom 2014, SpringerGeneral Orthopaedics -- Evidence for Medical Treatment for Tertiary Prophylaxis of Osteoporosis -- Surgical Site Infections (SSIs): Risk Factors and Prevention Strategies -- Exercise Therapy as Treatment for Patients with Osteoarthritis of the Knee -- Tumours -- New Trends Based on Experimental Results in the Treatment of Sarcoma -- Surgery for Soft Tissue Sarcomas -- Trauma -- Biologics in Open Fractures -- Classification and Algorithm of Treatment of Proximal Humerus Fractures -- Management of Proximal Tibial Fractures -- Surgical Treatment of Pelvic Ring Injuries -- Paediatrics -- Anatomical Reconstruction of the Hip with SCFE, Justified by Pathophysiological Findings -- Spine -- Treatment of the Aging Spine -- Shoulder and Elbow -- New Trends in Shoulder Arthroplasty -- Surgery of the Elbow: Evolution of Successful Management -- Forearm -- The Forearm Joint -- Hip -- Current Evidence on Designs and Surfaces in Total Hip Arthroplasty -- Risk Factors and Treatment of Dislocations of Total Hip Arthroplasty -- Treatment of Early and Late Infection Following THA -- Knee -- Prevention and Management of Cartilage Injury and Osteoarthritis from Sports -- Meniscal Lesions Today: Evidence for Treatment -- Modern Indications for High Tibial Osteotomy -- Unicompartment Knee Arthroplasty: From Primary to Revision Surgery -- Foot and Ankle -- Osteotomies Around the Ankle.
- European surgical orthopaedics and traumatology 2014, Springer"This important reference textbook covers the surgical management of all major orthopaedic and traumatological conditions. The book will act as the major source of education and guidance in surgical practice for surgeons and trainees, especially those preparing for higher surgical examinations and the Board of Orthopaedics and Traumatology examinations within and beyond Europe. The emphasis throughout is on the application of current knowledge and research to technical problems, how to avoid operative problems, and how to salvage complications if they occur. The didactic text is complemented by abundant illustrations that highlight the essentials of each clinical scenario. The authors are all recognized international authorities active at congresses and workshops as well as in universities and hospitals across the world."--Publisher's website.
- Evidence-based management of low back pain 2012, ScienceDirect
- Evidence-based manual medicine 2007, ClinicalKeySomatic dysfunction mechanisms -- Manual diagnostic procedures overview -- Treatment procedures overview -- Mechanical low back pain -- Mechanical neck and upper back pain -- Cervicogenic headache -- Temporomandibular joint dysfunction -- Shoulder pain and dysfunction -- Carpal tunnel syndrome -- Ankle sprain -- Manual medicine coding.
- External fixation in orthopedic traumatology 2012, Springer1. Damage Control Orthopedics in the Polytrauma Patient / Hans-Christoph Pape, Thomas Dienstknecht, and Peter V. Giannoudis -- 2. Limb Damage Control Orthopedics / Madhusudhan Yakkanti, Cyril Mauffrey, and Craig S. Roberts -- 3. Practical Biomechanical Considerations about External Fixators / Cyril Mauffrey, Dennis Beck, and Laura Ruhala -- 4. External Fixation in Economically Disadvantaged Areas / David Seligson, N.S. Laud, and Alfredo Aybar Montoya -- 5. External Fixation in the War Zone / Paul J. Dougherty and Kimberly M. Kesling -- 6. External Fixation of the Pelvis in Damage Control Orthopedics / Madhusudhan Yakkanti and Craig S. Roberts -- 7. External Fixation About the Wrist and the Forearm / Cyril Mauffrey, David Seligson, and Jonathan Yerasimide / 8. External Fixators in the Treatment of Tibial Plateau Fractures / V. Manakavala Perumal, Cyril Mauffrey, and Craig S. Roberts -- 9. The Use of External Fixators in the Acute Management of Tibial Pilon Fractures / Cyril Mauffrey, David Seligson, and Jessica Heinsen -- 10. External Fixation of Long Bones / Dennis Beck and Charles Daniel Benson -- 11. The Care and Management of Patients with External Fixators / David Seligson and Janet Macphaden -- 12. Complications of External Fixation / G. Zych -- 13. Timing and Strategies for Definitive Fixation After a Damage Control Frame / Thomas De Coster -- 14. Medico Legal Considerations Surrounding the Injured Patient / David Seligson and Charles Daniel Benson.
- Failed spine 2005, Ovid
- Femoroacetabular impingement 2012, Springerpt. 1.Concept and physical exam in FAI --1.Historical Evolution of the Concept of Femoroacetabular Impingement as a Cause of Hip Osteoarthritis /Martin Lavigne, Laffosse Jean-Michel and Vendittoli Pascal-André --2.Mechanism of Femoroacetabular Impingement /Martin Beck, Slaman Chegini, Stephen Ferguson and Harish S. Hosalkar --3.Physical Exam in FAI /Óliver Marín-Peña --pt. 2.Imaging in FAI --4.X-Ray Examination in FAI /Klaus A. Siebenrock and Philipp Henle --5.MRI/CT in FAI /Kawan S. Rakhra --6.Future Strategies for the Assessment of Cartilage and Labral Lesions in Femoroacetabular Impingement /Ara Kassarjian, Luis Cerezal and Eva Llopis --pt. 3.FAI Surgical Treatment --7.Evidence-Based Medicine in the Treatment of Femoroacetabular Impingement /Ricardo Larraínzar Garijo, R. García-Bógalo and E. Díez-Nicolás --8.Bone Resection: First Step for Treatment, How Much Is Too Much? /Rodrigo Mardones and Fernando Nemtala --9.Open Surgical Treatment of FAI: Safe Surgical Dislocation of the Femoral Head /Michael Leunig, Anil Ranawat, Martin Beck and Reinhold Ganz --10.Mini-Anterior Approach /Manuel Ribas and Óliver Marín-Peña --11.Arthroscopic Treatment of FAI: Position, Portals, and Instrumentation /Victor M. Ilizaliturri --12.Normal and Pathological Arthroscopic View in Hip Arthroscopy /Damian Griffin and Shanmugam Karthikeyan --13.What Goes on During the Learning Curve? /Luís Perez-Carro and Marc Tey --14.My Experience of Hip Arthroscopy in the Lateral Position /Alexandros P. Tzaveas and Richard N. Villar --15.Arthroscopic Treatment of FAI: Supine Position, My First Option /Marcelo Quieroz, Katrina Dela Torre and Bryan T. Kelly --16.Complications and Revision Surgery in Hip Arthroscopy /Bruno G. S. e Souza and Marc J. Philippon --17.Combined Techniques in FAI: Hip Arthroscopy Followed /Mini-Anterior Approach /Nader A. Nassif and John C. Clohisy --18.Femoroacetabular Impingement Management Through a Mini-Open Anterior Approach and Arthroscopic Assistance: Technics and Mid-Term Results /Frédéric Laude and Elhadi Sariali --pt. 4.F.A.I. and Hip Dysplasia --19.Differentiating FAI from Dysplasia /Wadih Y. Matar and Javad Parvizi --20.Advances in PAO Surgery: The Minimally Invasive Approach /Anders Troelsen and Kjeld Søballe --21.Retroverted PAO or Rim Trimming in the Dysplastic Hip with FAI /Philipp Henle and Klaus A. Siebenrock --pt. 5.Hip arthroplasty in young adult --22.Current Arthroplasty Options in the Young Adult Hip /Eduardo García Cimbrelo, Eduardo Garcia-Rey and Ana Cruz-Pardos --23.Resurfacing Arthroplasty for Femoroacetabular Impingement /Matías J. Salineros and Paul E. Beaulé --24.How to Do Resurfacing in Hip Dysplasia /Koen De Smet --pt. 6.Postoperative management (POM) --25.Rehabilitation Following Femoroacetabular Impingement Surgery /Lafayette de Azevedo Lage --26.Postoperative Management of Hip Resurfacing /Alfonso Valles and Carlos Gebhard --pt. 7.Outcome in FAI Treatment --27.Clinical Scores in Femoroacetabular Impingement /Néstor Moreno and Óliver Marín-Peña.
- Flexible intramedullary nailing in children 2010, Springer
- Foot and ankle 2007, ClinicalKey1. Foot and Ankle Anatomy and Biomechanics -- 2. Examination of the Foot and Ankle -- 3. Orthotics -- 4. Adult Acquired Flatfoot -- 5. The Non-neuromuscular Cavus Foot -- 6. Neuromuscular Foot Deformity -- 7. Diabetic Foot Disorders -- 8. Rheumatoid Arthritis and Inflammatory Disorders -- 9. Hallux Valgus -- 10. First Metatarsophalangeal Disorders -- 11. Lesser Toe Disorders -- 12. Common Pediatric Foot and Ankle Conditions -- 13. Nerve Disorders -- 14. Ankle Arthritis -- 15. Heel Pain -- 16. Achilles Tendon Problems -- 17. Other Tendon Problems -- 18. Ankle Sprains and Ligament Injuries -- 19. Malleolar Fractures -- 20. Tibial Pilon Fractures -- 21. Calcaneus Fractures -- 22. Talus Fractures -- 23. Navicular and Midfoot Injuries -- 24. Metatarsal and Phalangeal Fractures -- 25. Tumors of the Foot and Ankle -- 26. Amputations -- 27. Ankle Arthroscopy -- 28. Nail Problems in the Foot -- 29. Enhancement of Bone Healing.
- Foot and ankle motion analysis 2008, CRCnetBASE
- Fracture classifications in clinical practice 2006, Springer
- Residents and junior doctors on rotation are under constant pressure to have accurate and up-to-date information available to them. This is never more important than when on rotation in the Emergency Room. Junior doctors often lack experience in orthopaedics making the recognition and accurate identification of fractures and their treatment a challenging task.The second edition of this comprehensive handbook contains a wealth of illustrations and explanatory text, which is organized into a concise repository of information on fractures according to the most widely used classification systems. The classification systems covered include AO and OTA systems. This allows readers the opportunity to make a correct diagnosis using the appropriate criteria, while simplifying the planning of further management and ensuring that communication with experienced staff is more effective.
- Fracture-dislocations of the wrist 2013, SpringerAccording to reports in the literature, despite the severe disruption of carpal anatomy, fracture-dislocations of the wrist are missed on clinical and radiographic examination in a high percentage of cases. Orthopedic surgeons' lack of familiarity with these injuries is one of the factors contributing to failed or delayed diagnosis. This richly illustrated book covers all types of wrist dislocation and fracture-dislocation. Detailed information is provided on anatomy and biomechanics, while terminology and classification of injuries are explained. Treatment options are thoroughly analysed, with special emphasis on surgical treatment, which is presented step by step. All of the figures -- radiological and surgical -- relate to patients treated by the author himself. Most of the cases are from the Red Cross Hospital of Athens that admits many patients with such injuries, in part through referral from other centres due to the author's acknowledged expertise in the field. This volume, with its highly informative and up-to-date chapters and reviews, and a wealth of color figures, will be of great practical value for clinicians and residents in orthopedic surgery, who assist them in daily decision making.
- Fractures in the elderly 2011, SpringerPt. 1. The aging of bone and etiologies of fractures -- pt. 2. Perioperative management -- pt. 3. Common fractures in the elderly -- pt. 4. Rehabilitation, post-fracture evaluation, and prevention.
- Freyschmidt's "Koehler/Zimmer" Borderlands of normal and early pathologic findings in skeletal radiography. 5th revised edition. 2003, Medlantis
- Front line extremity and orthopaedic surgery 2014, SpringerThis book is designed as an easy to read reference and practical guide to the management of combat extremity injuries, which account for a high percentage of the injuries sustained in recent and current conflicts. The surgical techniques appropriate to the full range of extremity injuries and some other frequent injuries, such as trauma to the spine and pelvis, are clearly described with the aid of helpful illustrations. In each chapter a bottom line up front approach is adopted, providing key messages first; a further important feature is the emphasis placed on case-based information and lessons learned from practice. Care has been taken to ensure that the advice provided is straightforward and in line with military clinical practice guidelines.
- Frozen section library. Bone 2011, SpringerIntroduction -- Bone/Osteoid Producing Lesions -- Cartilage-Producing Lesions -- Fibrous and Fibrohistiocytic Lesions -- Giant Cell-Rich Lesions -- Small/Round Cell Lesions -- Cystic and Vascular Lesions -- Epithelial Lesions.
- Fundamentals of biomechanics. 2nd ed. 2007, Springer
- Fundamentals of biomechanics. 3rd ed. 2012, Springer1.Introduction --2.Force Vector --3.Moment and Torque Vectors --4.Statics: Systems in Equilibrium --5.Applications of Statics to Biomechanics --6.Introduction to Dynamics --7.Linear Kinematics --8.Linear Kinetics --9.Angular Kinematics --10.Angular Kinetics --11.Impulse and Momentum --12.Introduction to Deformable Body Mechanics --13.Stress and Strain --14.Multiaxial Deformations and Stress Analyses --15.Mechanical Properties of Biological Tissues --Appendex A.Plane Geometry --Appendix B.Vector Algebra --Appendix C.Calculus.
- Fundamentals of musculoskeletal ultrasound. 2nd ed. 2013, ebraryFulltext ClinicalKey"Master the key concepts you need to perform, read, and interpret musculoskeletal ultrasounds. A straightforward approach, an abundance of detailed ultrasound images, and online video demonstrations provide step-by-step guidance that makes learning easy."-- From publisher's description.
- Fundamentals of skeletal radiology. Fourth edition [4th ed.] 2013, ClinicalKeyUnnecessary examinations -- Benign lytic lesions -- Malignant tumors -- "Don't touch" lesions -- Trauma -- Arthritis -- Metabolic bone disease -- Miscellaneous conditions -- Magnetic resonance imaging of the knee -- Magnetic resonance imaging of the shoulder -- Lumbar spine : disc disease and stenosis -- Magnetic resonance imaging of the foot and ankle -- Miscellaneous magnetic resonance imaging.
- General principles of orthopedics and trauma 2013, Springer
- Genetics and development of scoliosis 2010, Springer
- Global orthopedics 2014, SpringerGlobal Orthopedics: Caring for Musculoskeletal Conditions and Injuries in Austere Settings was conceived and written to be a unique reference for surgeons working in resource-limited environments. The first sections provide historical background, global public health perspectives of orthopedics, the role of culture, and a broad discussion of non-surgical and non-orthopedic clinical topics that are rarely encountered in high-resource settings but that affect orthopedic care. Adult and pediatric trauma are presented in an anatomical format for easy reference, with a focus on the natural history and the best treatment methods within existing limitations. The chapters on musculoskeletal infections provide a wealth of knowledge about these common debilitating conditions that is unavailable in any other single modern text. The non-infectious pediatric conditions section has been written for the non-specialist to handle selected developmental and early childhood orthopedic problems commonly seen in low-resource settings. Detailed chapters on reconstruction surgery, tumor management, amputations, and the orthopedic needs in the face of conflicts and natural disasters round out the text.
- Green's Operative hand surgery. 6th ed. 2011, ClinicalKey
- Growing spine 2011, SpringerThe treatment of such conditions is often challenging due to the age of the patient and the progressive nature of the deformity. There also may be associated problems such as congenital anomalies, respiratory insufficiency, and neurological problems. Depending on the etiology of the deformity, these children are often cared for by multiple specialists including pediatricians, pediatric orthopaedists or orthopaedic spine surgeons, neurologists, pediatric surgeons, pediatric neurosurgeons, oncologists, and/or pulmonologists. Health professionals in all of the mentioned disciplines are involved in the management of these patients, which is why compiling a comprehensive textbook that is not limited to orthopedic specialists is essential. This textbook will effectively help to standardize the care of these patients. Furthermore, other professionals such as nurses, physical therapists and healthcare professionals in training are usually not familiar with these conditions and are in need of a reference book to consult when caring for children with spinal deformities.
- Growth of the pediatric skeleton 2008, Springer
- Hand and the brain 2014, SpringerThis book presents the human hand from an overall perspective from the first appearance of hand-like structures in the fins of big fishes living millions of years ago to today's and the future s mind-controlled artificial hands. Much focus is given to the extremely well-developed sensation of the hand, its importance and its linkage to brain plasticity mechanisms. How can active hands rapidly expand their representational area in the brain? How can the sense of touch substitute for other deficient senses, such as in Braille reading where hand sensation substitutes for missing vision? How can the mere observation of active hands, belonging to others, activate the hand area in the observer's own brain and what is the importance of this phenomenon for learning by imitation and the understanding of other peoples actions, gestures and body language? Why are some of us left-handed and what are the consequences from cultural and physiological viewpoints? Why does phantom sensation and phantom pain occur after hand amputation, and what can we do about it? Why can salamanders regenerate new extremities while humans can not? Is it possible to transplant a hand from a diseased individual to an amputee? Can artificial robotic hands be controlled by our mind, and can they ever gain the role of a normal hand? What role did the hand and the brain play during evolution in tool construction and development of language and cognitive functions? The hand has a high symbolic value in religion, literature and art and our hands have a key role in gestures and body language. The Hand and the Brain is aimed at anybody with interest in life sciences, in the medical field especially hand surgeons, orthopaedic specialists, neurologists and general practitioners, and those working in rehabilitation medicine and pain treatment.
- Hand bone age. 2nd ed. 2012, Springer
- Hand function 2014, SpringerAccurate assessment of hand function is critical to any treatment regimen of the hand compromised patient. Hand Function is a practical, clinical book which provides the knowledge needed to distinguish the different dimensions of hand function, particularly impairment, disability and handicap. Beginning with an overview of basic principles and examination, subsequent chaptersevaluate the hand function inspecific afflicted populations, including the rheumatoid patient, the stroke patient, the trauma patient, the geriatric patient and the pediatric patient, as well as special populations such asdiabetes mellitus patients and musicians. An appendix containing hand function scales essential to theassessment ofdisability is also included. Rheumatologists, physiatrists, hand surgeons, orthopedists, occupational therapistsand physical therapists will all find Hand Function a useful and valuable addition to their clinical references.
- Hand surgery 2004, Ovid
- Hand transplantation 2007, Springer
- Handbook of fractures. 3rd ed. 2006, OvidClosed reduction, casting, and traction -- Multiple trauma -- Open fractures -- Gunshot wounds -- Pathologic fractures -- Periprosthetic fractures -- Orthopaedic analgesia -- General spine -- Cervical spine -- Thoracolumbar spine -- Clavicle fractures -- Acromioclavicular and sternoclavicular joint injuries -- Scapula fractures -- Glenohumeral dislocation -- Proximal humerus fractures -- Humeral shaft fractures -- Distal humerus -- Elbow dislocation -- Olecranon -- Radial head -- Radius and ulna shaft -- Distal radius -- Wrist -- Hand -- Pelvis -- Acetabulum --Hip dislocations -- Femoral head -- Femoral neck fractures -- Intertrochanteric fractures -- Subtrochanteric fractures -- Femoral shaft -- Distal femur -- Knee dislocation -- Patella and extensor mechanism injuries -- Tibial plateau -- Tibial/fibula shaft -- Ankle fractures -- Calcaneus fractures -- Talus -- Fractures of the midfoot and forefoot -- Pediatric orthopedic surgery: general principles -- Pediatric shoulder -- Pediatric elbow -- Pediatric forearm -- Pediatric wrist and hand -- Pediatric hip -- Pediatric femoral shaft -- Pediatric knee -- Pediatric tibia and fibula -- Pediatric ankle -- Pediatric foot.
- Handbook of fractures. 4th ed. 2010, Ovid
- Handbook of osteoporosis 2011, Springer
- Hip and pelvis in sports medicine and primary care 2010, SpringerEpidemiology of hip and pelvis injury -- Physical examination of the hip and pelvis -- Functional and kinetic chain evaluation -- Gait assessment -- Imaging of hip and pelvis injuries -- Adult hip and pelvis disorders -- Hip and pelvis injuries in childhood -- Specific considerations in geriatric athletes -- Hip and pelvis injuries in special populations -- Functional therapeutic and core strengthening -- Manual medicine of the hip and pelvis -- Taping and bracing for pelvic and hip injuries -- Nonsurgical interventions -- Treatment options for osteoarthritis of the hip -- Surgical interventions in hip and pelvis injuries.
- Hip magnetic resonance imaging 2014, SpringerHip Magnetic Resonance Imaging presents a basic yet comprehensive discussion of the role and use of MRI in the diagnosis and treatment of injuries and diseases of the hip, highlighting common concerns and procedures. Beginning with the principles of MRI and dGEMRIC and moving on to normal and abnormal hip anatomy, the focus shifts to the MRI techniques used in the detection of disease conditions of the hip, including labral disease, osteonecrosis, extra-articular conditions and cartilage damage. Chapters on the utilization of biochemical imaging biomarkers in the treatment of hip disorders round out the text. Written by experts in radiology and orthopedics and generously illustrated with MRI radiographs, this book will be an important reference work for clinicians in those fields, as well as practitioners of sports medicine and primary care physicians.
- Hip sonography. 2nd ed. 2006, Springer
- Hypermobility of joints. 4th ed. 2012, Springer
- Identification of pathological conditions in human skeletal remains. 2nd ed. 2003, ScienceDirect
- Image-guided intervention 2008, SpringerProcedural similarities / Douglas Fenton and Jeffrey J. Peterson -- Shoulder injections / Jeffrey J. Peterson -- Elbow injections / Jeffrey J. Peterson and Douglas Fenton, and Leo Czervionke -- A surgeon's perspective / Peter M. Murray -- Wrist and hand injections / Jeffrey J. Peterson and Douglas Fenton, and Leo Czervionke -- Hip injections / Jeffrey J. Peterson -- A surgeon's perspective / Gavan P. Duffy -- Knee injections / Jeffrey J. Peterson -- A surgeon's perspective / Cedric J. Ortiguera -- Ankle and foot injections / Jeffrey J. Peterson -- A surgeon's perspective / James K. DeOrio -- Percutaneous image-guided biopsy and radiofrequency ablation / Jeffrey J. Peterson and Douglas Fenton, and Leo Czervionke -- A surgeon's perspective / Mary I. O'Connor.
- Image-guided musculoskeletal intervention. 1st ed. 2008, ClinicalKeyProcedural similarities / Douglas Fenton and Jeffrey J. Peterson -- Shoulder injections / Jeffrey J. Peterson -- Elbow injections / Jeffrey J. Peterson and Douglas Fenton, and Leo Czervionke -- A surgeon's perspective / Peter M. Murray -- Wrist and hand injections / Jeffrey J. Peterson and Douglas Fenton, and Leo Czervionke -- Hip injections / Jeffrey J. Peterson -- A surgeon's perspective / Gavan P. Duffy -- Knee injections / Jeffrey J. Peterson -- A surgeon's perspective / Cedric J. Ortiguera -- Ankle and foot injections / Jeffrey J. Peterson -- A surgeon's perspective / James K. DeOrio -- Percutaneous image-guided biopsy and radiofrequency ablation / Jeffrey J. Peterson and Douglas Fenton, and Leo Czervionke -- A surgeon's perspective / Mary I. O'Connor.
- Image-guided spine interventions. 2nd ed. 2010, Springer
- Imaging of bone tumors and tumor-like lesions 2009, Springer
- Imaging of orthopedic sports injuries 2007, Springer
- Imaging of pediatric bone and joint trauma 2011, Springer
- Imaging of prosthetic joints 2014, SpringerAn increasing percentage of the population has at least one prosthetic joint. Imaging is required for both initial assessment and routine follow-up of the implant, and this book is intended as an informative and up-to-date guide to the subject. After an introductory section covering a range of background topics, the level of information offered by different imaging techniques in presurgical planning and postimplantation assessment is analyzed. The application of imaging to different joints is then carefully explored in chapters devoted to the foot and ankle, hip, knee, shoulder, and elbow, wrist and hand. In addition, two innovative chapters focus on periprosthetic DXA as the gold standard in monitoring implant survival and on the role of drug therapy in helping to ensure the durability of the prosthesis. A central feature of the book is its combination of the clinical and radiological perspectives; it will be of value to radiologists and orthopedic specialists, as well as residents in these disciplines.
- Imaging of the cervical spine in children. 2nd ed. 2013, SpringerDevelopmental Anatomy -- Normal Variations -- Anomalies -- Anomalies and Normal Variations of the Dens -- Trauma -- Miscellaneous Cervical Spine Problems.
- Imaging of the hand and wrist 2013, Springer
- Imaging of the hip & bony pelvis 2006, Springer
- Imaging of the shoulder 2005, Springer
- Imaging of the sternocostoclavicular region 2007, Springer
- Infected implant 2009, Springer
- Infected total joint arthroplasty 2012, SpringerPart 1 --Introduction /Rihard Trebše --Joint Replacement: Historical Overview /Rihard Trebše, Anže Mihelič --Biomaterials in Artificial Joint Replacements /Rihard Trebše --The Definition of Prosthetic Joint Infections (PJI) /Rihard Trebše, Andrej Trampuž --Classification of Prosthetic Joint Infections /Rihard Trebše, Anže Mihelič --The Epidemiology of Total Joint Arthroplasty Infections /David J. Jaekel, Kevin L. Ong, Edmund C. Lau --Septic Complications in Arthroplasty /Gerold Labek --Perioperative Antibiotic Prophylaxis in Total Joint Arthroplasty /Nataša Faganeli --Risk Factors for Prosthetic Joint Infections /René Mihalič, Matevž Topolovec --Pathogenesis of Prosthetic Joint Infections /Rihard Trebše, Jurij Štalc --Bacteria-Biomaterial Interactions /Antti Soininen, Emilia Kaivosoja, Jaime Esteban --Biomaterial-Host Interactions in Aseptic and Septic Conditions /Jukka Pajarinen, Yuya Takakubo, Zygmunt Mackiewicz --Influence of Wear Particles on Local and Systemic Immune System /Emmanuel Gibon, Stuart B. Goodman --Diagnostic Evaluations /Rihard Trebše --Synovial Fluid Cytology /René Mihalič, Dunja Terčič --Histological Analysis of Periprosthetic Tissue for Detecting Prosthetic Joint Infection /Andrej Cör --Microbiological Diagnosis of Prosthetic Joint Infection /Jaime Esteban, Concepción Pérez-Jorge, Ramón Pérez-Tanoira --Microbiological Processing of Samples in the Investigation of Suspected Prosthetic Joint Infection /David G. Partridge, Rob Towsend --Part 2 --Molecular Diagnosis of Prosthetic Joint Infection /Jaime Esteban, Diana Molina-Manso, Gema del-Prado --Current Treatment Strategies in Prosthetic Joint Infections /Rihard Trebše Total Ankle Replacement Infections /Michaela Maria Schneiderbauer --Periprosthetic Infection Issues with Osseointegrated (OI) Implant Technology in Amputees /Catherine Loc-Carrillo, Alec C. Runyon, James Peter Beck --The Algorithm for Diagnostic Evaluation and Treatment /Rihard Trebše, Andrej Trampuž --Bone Grafts and Bone Graft Substitutes in Infected Arthroplasty /Martin Clauss, Thomas Ilchmann.
- Infection and local treatment in orthopedic surgery 2007, Springer
- Inherited neuromuscular diseases 2009, SpringerPathology and diagnosis of muscular dystrophies / Carmen Navarro, Susana Teijeira, Beatriz San Millan.-- Standards of care for Duehenne muscular dystrophy: brief treat-NMD recommendations / Thomas Sejerson, Kate Bushby on behalf of the TREAT-EU Network of Excellence.-- Genetics and pahtogenesis of distal muscular dystrophies / Bjarne Udd.-- Phenotype variations in early onset Pompe disease: Diagnosis and treatment results with Myozyme [RTM] / Samuel Ignacio Pascual Pascual.-- Diseases of the human mitochondrial oxidative phosphorylation system / Julio Montoya, Ester Lopez-Gallardo, Maria Dolores Herrero-Martin, Inigo Martinze-Romero, Aurora Gomez-Duran, Daivd Pacheu, Magdalena Garreras, Carme Diez-Sanchez, Manuel J. Lopez-Perez, Eduardo Ruiz-Pesini.-- Mitochondrial diseases: a cross-talk between mitrochondrial and nuclear genomes / Antonella Spinazzola, Massimo Zeviani.-- Mitochondrial disorders due to nuclear OXPHOS gene defects / Cristina Ugalde, Maria Moran, Alberto Blazquez, Joaquin Arenas, Miguel A. Martin.-- Coenzyme Q10 deficiencies in neuromuscular diseases / Rafael Artuch, Leonardo Salviati, Sandra Jackson, Michio Hirano, Placido Navas.-- The role of mitochondrial network dynamics in the pathogenesis of Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease / Francese Palau, Anna Estela, David Pla-Martin, Maribel Sanchez-Piris.-- Pathogenesis and treatment of mitochondrial disorders / Salvatore DiMauro, Michio Hirano.-- Biology of peripheral inherited neuropathies: Schwann cell axonal interactions / Michael E. Shy.-- Phenotype and clinical evolution of Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease type 1A duplication / Jose Berciano, Antonio Garcia, Elena Gallardo, Cesar Ramon, Onofre Combarros.-- Genotypes & sensory pheotypes in 2 new X-linked neuropathies (CMTX3 and dSMAX) and dominant CMT/HMN overlap syndromes.-- Natural history and treatment of peripheral inherited neuropathies / Davide Pareyson, Chiara Marchesi.-- Spinal muscular atrophy during human development: where are the early pathogenic findings / Eduardo Tizzano.-- Spinal muscular atrophy / Jeremie Vitte, Ruben Attali, Nasim Warwar, Irena Gurt, Judith Melki.-- Friedreich ataxia: an update on animal models, frataxin function and therapies / Pilar Gonzalez-Cabo, Jose Vicente Llorens, Francesc Palau, Maria Dolores Molto.-- Genetics and pathogenesis of inherited ataxias and spastic paraplegias / Carmen Espinos, Francesc Palau.
- Internal derangements of joints. 2nd ed. 2007, ClinicalKey
- 5-minute orthopaedic consult. 2nd ed. — Complex fractures of the limbs (101)
- Complications in knee and shoulder surgery — Internal derangements of joints. 2nd ed. (101)
- Internal fixation of femoral neck fractures — Patellofemoral pain, instability, and arthritis (101)
- Pediatric and adolescent musculoskeletal MRI — Young adult hip in sport (100)
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
Bookmark on other websites
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases