Books by Subject
View by page
- 5-minute orthopaedic consult. 2nd ed. — Disorders of the shoulder diagnosis & management. 2nd ed. (126)
- Distal radius fractures current concepts — Magnetic resonance imaging of the bone marrow (126)
- Magnetic resonance imaging of the knee — Pitfalls in cervical spine surgery avoidance and management of complications (126)
- Pocket guide to musculoskeletal diagnosis — Young adult hip in sport (123)
- Distal radius fractures current concepts 2014, SpringerDistal radial fractures are still puzzling us 200 years after Colles' classic description. Despite the advent of various new imaging techniques, including 3D CT, the availability of diagnostic adjuncts such as arthroscopy, and treatment options that include more than 30 different volar locking plates, the rate of unsatisfactorytreatment resultsremains very high. Furthermore, while we are aware of more associated injuries, such as carpal ligament tears and injuries to the radioulnar ligament (TFCC), there is still intense debate on the relevance of these injuries. This textbook aims to provide the reader with a complete understanding of distal radius fractures, their inherent problems, and how to manage them successfully. It is written by widely published experts from a part of the globe where distal radius fractures are very common, especially during the winter months. Clear guidance is provided on diagnostic imaging, classification, and assessment of fracture instability. The complete spectrum of operative and nonoperative treatment options are then clearly explained with the aid of step-by-step illustrations. Extensive information is also provided on complications and their treatment. Both students and experienced practitioners will find this book to be an enlightening, practice-oriented reference on the management of these challenging fractures.
- Double dynamic Martin screw (DMS) adjustable implant system for proximal and distal femur fractures 2008, Springer
- Dupuytren's disease and related hyperproliferative disorders principles, research, and clinical perspectives 2012, SpringerPart I. Anatomy, Pathology, and Pathophysiology / Charles Eaton -- Part II. The Myofibroblast / Giulio Gabbiani -- Part III. Genetics and Demographics / Ardeshir Bayat -- Part IV. Collagen and Cell Biology / Charles Eaton -- Part V. Surgical Treatment / Paul M.N. Werker -- Part VI. Needle Release and Hand Therapy / Paul M.N. Werker -- Part VII. Additional and New Treatment Options / M. Heinrich Seegenschmiedt -- Part VIII. Future Perspectives / Charles Eaton.
- DXA primer for the practicing clinician a case-based manual for understanding and interpreting bone densitometry 2014, SpringerDual-energy X-ray absorptiometry (DXA) is the principal x-ray technology used to diagnose osteoporosis in its early, asymptomatic stages, to assess treatment efficacy, and to guide treatment decisions. It remains the gold standard today. A DXA Primer for the Practicing Clinician: A Case-Based Manual for Understanding and Interpreting Bone Densitometry is based on actual clinical encounters and treatment dilemmas encountered by the authors. The content is derived from years of clinical practice and presentations given by the authors at regional and national conferences. It exemplifies not only the complete body of knowledge provided through these lectures but also the full range of previously undiscussed nuances of DXA interpretation. This practical, easy-to-read text captures many of the common challenges of DXA interpretation that clinicians often encounter. The central focus of the book is the presentation of what is normal and what is problematic when using DXA. It presents real-life case histories, their corresponding DXA images, the problems encountered and their solutions. Unique in approach and presentation, this one-of-a-kind case-based manual will be of immense value to all clinicians and students motivated to optimize their diagnostic skills and assessment of patients with abnormal bone densities
- Dynamics of bone and cartilage metabolism. 2nd ed. 2006, ScienceDirectStructure, biosynthesis and gene regulation of collagens in cartilage and bone / Klaus von der Mark -- Fibrillogenesis and maturation of collagens / Simon P. Robins -- Vitamin K dependent proteins of bone and cartilage / Caren M. Gundberg and Satoru K. Nishimoto -- Noncollagenous proteins: glycoproteins and related proteins / Dick Heinegård, Pilar Lorenzo, and Tore Saxne -- Proteoglycans and glycosaminoglycans / Tim Hardingham -- Growth factors / Philippa Hulley, Graham Russell, and Peter Croucher -- Prostaglandins and proinflammatory cytokines / Lawrence G. Raisz and Joseph A. Lorenzo -- Integrins and other adhesion molecules / M.H. Helfrich and M.A. Horton -- Alkaline phosphatases / José Luis Millán -- Acid phosphatases / Helena Kaija ... [et al.] -- Matrix proteinases / Ian M. Clark and Gillian Murphy -- Mineralization, structure and function of bone / Adele L. Boskey -- Bone structure and strength / Ego Seeman -- The cells of bone / Jane B. Lian and Gary S. Stein -- Signaling in bone / T. John Martin and Natalie A. Sims -- Parathyroid hormone: structure, function and dynamic actions / Lorraine A. Fitzpatrick and John P. Bilezikian -- Interaction of parathyroid hormone-related peptide with the skeleton / David Goltzman -- The vitamin D hormone and its nuclear receptor: mechanisms involved in bone biology / Geert Carmeliet ... [et al.] -- Sex steroid effects on bone metabolism / David G. Monroe, Thomas C. Spelsberg, and S. Khosla -- Physiology of calcium and phosphate homeostasis / René Rizzoli and Jean-Philippe Bonjour -- The central control of bone remodelling / Paul A. Baldock ... [et al.] -- New concepts in bone remodeling / David W. Dempster and Hua Zhou -- Products of bone collagen metabolism / Juha Risteli and Leila Risteli -- Supramolecular structure of cartilage matrix / Peter Bruckner -- Products of cartilage metabolism / Daniel-Henri Manicourt, Jean-Pierre Devogelaer, and Eugene J.-M.A. Thonar -- Fluid dynamics of the joint space and trafficking of matrix products / Peter A. Simkin -- Transgenic models of bone disease / Barbara E. Kream and John R. Harrison -- The role of genetic variation in osteoporosis / André G. Uitterlinden ... [et al.] -- Measurement of calcium, phosphate and magnesium / Heinrich Schmidt-Gayk -- Measurement of parathyroid hormone / Harald Jüppner and Ghada El-Hajj Fuleihan -- New horizons for assessment of vitamin D status in man / Gary L. Lensmeyer, Neil Binkley, and Marc K. Drezner -- Measurement of biochemical markers of bone formation / Kim E. Naylor and Richard Eastell -- Measurement of biochemical markers of bone resorption / Marius E. Kraenzlin and Markus J. Seibel -- Variability in the measurement of biochemical markers of bone turnover / Tuan V. Nguyen, Christian Meier, and Markus J. Seibel -- Validation of biochemical markers of bone turnover / Kim Brixen and Erik Fink Eriksen -- Genetic markers of joint disease / Michel Neidhart, Renate E. Gay, and Steffen Gay -- Laboratory assessment of postmenopausal osteoporosis / Patrick Garnero and Pierre D. Delmas -- Monitoring anabolic treatment / John P. Bilezikian and Mishaela R. Rubin -- Monitoring of antiresorptive therapy / Christian Meier, Tuan V. Ngyen, and Markus J. Seibel -- Age-related osteoporosis and skeletal markers of bone turnover / Clifford J. Rosen -- Steroid-induced osteoporosis / Ian R. Reid -- Transplantation osteoporosis: biochemical correlates of pathogenesis and treatment / Carolina A. Moreira Kulak and Elizabeth Shane -- Secondary osteoporosis / Jean E. Mulder, Carolina A. Moreira Kulak, and Elizabeth Shane -- Osteomalacia and rickets / Marc K. Drezner -- Assessment of bone and joint diseases: renal osteodystrophy / Esther A. González, Ziyad Al Aly, and Kevin J. Martin -- Primary hyperparathyroidism / Shonni J. Silverberg, and John P. Bilezikian -- Paget's disease of bone / Andreas Grauer, Ethel Siris, and Stuart Ralston -- Metastatic bone disease / Jean-Jacques Body -- Rare bone diseases / Michael P. Whyte -- Osteogenesis imperfecta / Francis H. Glorieux and Frank Rauch -- Rheumatoid arthritis and other inflammatory joint pathologies / Steven R. Goldring and Mary B. Goldring -- Osteoarthritis and degenerative spine pathologies / Kristina Åkesson.
- Early development of total hip replacement the transcript of a Witness Seminar held by the Wellcome Trust Centre for the History of Medicine at UCL, London, on 14 March 2006 2006, Wellcome Trust
- Elbow and its disorders. 4th ed. 2008, ClinicalKey
- Elbow arthroscopy 2013, SpringerAnatomy and Portals -- Arthroscopic Technique -- Osteochondritis Dissecans Lesions and Loose Bodies of the Elbow -- Arthroscopic Treatment of Lateral Epicondylitis -- Elbow Arthroscopy in Stiff Elbow -- The Role of Arthroscopy in Elbow Instability -- Endoscopy Around the Elbow -- Arthroscopic Treatment of Elbow Fractures -- Elbow Arthroscopy Complications -- Elbow Arthroscopy: The Future.
- Elbow. 2nd ed. 2002, Ovid
- Emergency musculoskeletal imaging in children 2014, SpringerThis book is a practical guide to the radiologic evaluation of acute musculoskeletal injuries of the upper and lower extremities in children. It covers the detection of more subtle and frequently missed fractures and injuries such as buckle fractures, Salter Harris I and II fractures, and epiphyseal and metaphyseal fractures. It also emphasizes the assessment of soft tissues and periarticular fat pads, which can lead to discovery of the sites of bony injuries. Other pathologies that affect the musculoskeletal system, such as infections and tumors, are also discussed. It includes over 600 magnetic resonance, computed tomography, ultrasound, and radiographic images organized by anatomic region.
- Emergency Orthopedics is a practical, up-to-date, and comprehensive manual on the diagnosis and treatment of emergency injuries and disorders of the locomotor system. Its problem-based structure, with each chapter addressing a particular symptom, is designed to allow the reader to rapidly locate hands-on advice. For each symptom, facts and findings that will assist in diagnosis are highlighted. Possible diagnoses are suggested according to the ICD-10 code, and the proposed treatment recommendations consider both short- and long-term aspects. The text is supported by exceptionally instructive illustrations, e.g., of examination techniques and reduction maneuvers. The author has extensive practical experience in emergency rooms as well as in sports medicine, research, and education. This book will be a treasure trove of information for all who work in the emergency room and will also be very useful for general practitioners, physiotherapists, and chiropractors.
- Engineering of functional skeletal tissues 2007, Springer
- Epiduroscopy spinal endoscopy 2008, Springer
- Epiphyseal growth plate fractures 2007, Springer
- Essential dance medicine 2009, Springer
- Essential orthopaedics 2010, ClinicalKeyNoted authority Mark D. Miller, MD, together with a stellar editorial team and numerous contributors representing a breadth of specialty areas within orthopaedics and primary care, offers you the comprehensive, multidisciplinary insight you need to confidently diagnose and treat sprains, fractures, arthritis and bursitis pain, and other musculoskeletal problems, or refer them when appropriate. Videos on DVD demonstrate how to perform 29 joint injections, 7 common physical examinations, a variety of tests, and 6 splinting and casting procedures. Presents multidisciplinary coverage that provides authoritative orthopaedic guidance oriented towards the practical realities of primary care practice.
- Essential orthopaedics and trauma. 5th ed. 2009, ClinicalKeyIntroduction -- History and clinical examination -- Orthopaedic anatomy -- Basic science in orthopaedics -- Investigations -- Methods of treatment -- The principles of managing trauma -- Immediate care and major incidents -- Methods of managing trauma -- Injuries to the face, head and spine -- Injuries to the trunk -- Injuries to the upper limb -- Hand injuries -- Injuries to the lower limb -- Sports injuries -- Osteoarthritis -- Rheumatoid arthritis and other arthropathies -- Bone and joint infections -- Metabolic disease, dysplasias, osteochondritis, and neurological disorders -- Granulomatous disorders and tumours -- Deformities in children -- Disorders of the shoulder and elbow -- Disorders of the wrist and hand -- Disorders of the hip and knee -- Disorders of the ankle and foot -- Disorders of the spine.
- Applied anatomy & Surgical Approaches to the Elbow -- Lateral Elbow Pain -- Medial Elbow Pain -- Distal Humerus Fractures -- Fractures and Dislocations of the Proximal Ulna & Radial head -- Elbow Stiffness -- Elbow Instability -- The Arthritic Elbow -- Tendon Injuries -- Safety in Elbow Surgery: From Open to Arthroscopy.
- Essentials of hand surgery. 1st ed. 2002, Ovid
- Essentials of orthopedic surgery. 4th ed. 2010, SpringerThis concise third edition offers hands-on guidance for identifying and treating the most commonly seen orthopedic problems in children and adults. Convenient as a study source for medical students, its many photographs and illustrations will also serve as a useful clinical reference for young surgeons, residents, nurses, and physician assistants. Each of the many topics is covered in depth and is designed to educate medical students and steer them towards formulating excellent diagnoses and treatment plans. As a further aid, multiple-choice questions are included at the end of each chapter.
- ESSKA instructional course lecture book 2014, SpringerThis book provides an update on a wide variety of hot topics in the field of knee surgery, sports trauma, and arthroscopy, covering the latest developments in basic science and clinical and surgical methods. It comprises the Instructional Course Lectures delivered at the 16th ESSKA Congress, which was held in Amsterdam during May 2014 and brought together the worlds leading orthopaedic and sports physicians. The contributions are all written by European and international experts in their field. Each lecture has a practical focus and provides an up-to-date synthesis of core knowledge on the subject in question with the aid of high-quality illustrations. Take home messages and key recommendations are highlighted. This book will be of value to practitioners and researchers alike.
- ESSKA instructional course lecture book 2012, SpringerThis book contains a collection of instructional course lectures given during the 15th ESSKA (European Society of Sports Traumatology, Knee Surgery and Arthroscopy) Congress, held in Geneva during May 2012. The lectures cover a wide range of hot topics in the field, including diverse injuries and management techniques. Each lecture has a practical focus and provides an up-to-date synthesis of core knowledge on the subject in question with the aid of high-quality illustrations. Take home messages and key recommendations are highlighted. This book will be of value to practitioners and researchers alike.
- European instructional lectures v. 9-, 2009-, Springer
- This tenth volume in the EUROPEAN INSTRUCTIONAL LECTURES series continues the format of educational chapters from across Orthopaedics and Traumatology contributed by notable surgeons in Europe. It provides up-to-date material and major advances covering a range of topics including: -General Orthopaedics -Musculo-Skeletal Tumours -Paediatric Orthopaedics -Trauma -Spine -Upper Limb -Hip -Knee -Ankle and Foot All the lectures were presented at the 11th EFORT Congress in Madrid, Spain. The lectures are an authoritative source of information illustrated by radiographs, MRI and CT Scans, operative photographs, tables and line drawings. They are a valuable source of instruction for Surgeons and Trainees alike. This book has been edited by Professor George Bentley. Chairman of Scientific Publications Committee of EFORT.
- Bone Substitutes in Clinical Work / Jari Salo -- Epidemiology and Variability of Orthopaedic Procedures Worldwide / Maria de Fatima de Pina, Ana Isabel Ribeiro, and Carlos Santos -- Cartilage-Forming Bone Tumours / Antonie H.M. Taminiau, Judith V.M.G. Bovée, Carla S.P. van Rijswijk, Hans A.J. Gelderblom, and Michiel A.J. van de Sande -- The Current State of Treatment for Clubfoot in Europe / Rüdiger Krauspe, Kristina Weimann-Stahlschmidt, and B. Westhoff -- Management of Pelvic Fractures / Peter V. Giannoudis and Frangiskos Xypnitos -- The Reverse Shoulder Prosthesis / Carlos Torrens -- Spine Injury: Polytrauma Management / Benny Dahl -- Surgical Management of Tuberculosis of the Spine / Ahmet Alanay and Deniz Olgun -- Scaphoid Fractures / Joseph J. Dias -- Bearing Surfaces / Theofilos Karachalios and George Karydakis -- Hip Pain in the Young Adult / Moritz Tannast, Christoph E. Albers, Simon D. Steppacher, and Klaus A. Siebenrock -- Bone Loss Around the Acetabular Component / Jonathan Howell and Ben Bolland -- The Uni-Knee: Indications, and Recent Techniques / Sébastien Lustig, Gérard Deschamps, M. Alsaati, C. Fary, and Phillippe Neyret -- Osteotomies Around the Knee / Siegfried Hofmann, Philipp Lobenhoffer, Alex Staubli, and Ronald Van Heerwaarden -- Total Knee Replacement for the Stiff Knee / Philippe Massin -- Surgical Treatment of Displaced Calcaneal Fractures / Zvi Cohen, Gershon Volpin, and Haim Shtarker Forefoot Deformities / Wolfgang Schneider.
- Part 1. Musculo-skeletal Trauma -- The Spectrum of Polytrauma. A Pragmatic Approach for the Musculo-Skeletal Surgeon / Pierre Hoffmeyer and Robin Peter -- Proximal Femoral Fractures / Christopher G. Moran and M. Gaden -- Acute Infections After Osteosynthesis / Volkmar Heppert -- Part 2. Musculo-skeletal Tumours -- The Multi-modal Approach to Metastatic Disease / Minna Laitinen, Maire Ratasvuori and Toni-Karri Pakarinen -- How to Manage Osteolytic Lesions / Jendrik Hardes -- Part 3. Paediatrics -- Developmental Hip Dysplasia - A Problem Solved? / Michael K. D. Benson -- Part 4. Spine -- Infections of the Spine / José Guimarães Consciência, Rui Pinto and T. Saldanha -- Multimodal Treatment of Back Pain / Hans Raimund Casser -- Part 5. Upper Limb -- Proximal Humeral Fractures / Martin Jaeger and N. P. Südkamp -- Part 6. Pelvis and Hip -- Navigation and Hip Surgery / Philippe Merloz -- Re-cementing in Revision Total Hip Replacement / Sarah L. Whitehouse, Matt Wilson, Jonathan R. Howell, Matthew J. W. Hubble and A. John Timperley -- Instability Following Total Hip Arthroplasty / Klaus-Peter Günther, Stephan Kirschner, Maik Stiehler and Albrecht Hartmann -- New Trends in Osteonecrosis of the Femoral Head / Konstantinos N. Malizos and Loukia K. Papatheodorou -- Part 7. Knee -- Patellar Fractures / Jean-Christophe Bel -- Arthroscopic Treatment of Intra-Articular Fractures of the Knee / Reha N. Tandogan -- Treatment of Osteonecrosis of the Knee / Tahsin Beyzadeoglu and Ayberk Onal -- Part 8. Trauma Lower Limb -- Ankle Fractures / Stefan Rammelt and Hans Zwipp -- Part 9. Foot and Ankle -- Treatment of Metatarsalgia / Jean-Luc Besse -- Management of Ankle Osteoarthritis / Matthias G. Walcher, Monika Horisberger, Antony Liddell and Victor Valderrabano.
- European instructional lectures. Volume 13, 2013, 14th EFORT Congress, Istanbul, Turkey 2013, SpringerThis thirteenth volume in the EUROPEAN INSTRUCTIONAL LECTURES series continues the format of educational chapters from across Orthopaedics and Traumatology contributed by distinguished Orthopaedic Educators in Europe. It provides current material and major advances covering a range of topics including: General Orthopaedics, Basic Science and Technology, Musculo-skeletal Tumours, Infections, Paediatric Orthopaedics, Trauma, Spine, Upper Limb, Hip, Knee, Leg, Ankle and Foot. All the lectures were presented at the 14th EFORT Congress in Istanbul, Turkey.
- European instructional lectures. Volume 14, 15th EFORT Congress, London, United Kingdom 2014, SpringerGeneral Orthopaedics -- Evidence for Medical Treatment for Tertiary Prophylaxis of Osteoporosis -- Surgical Site Infections (SSIs): Risk Factors and Prevention Strategies -- Exercise Therapy as Treatment for Patients with Osteoarthritis of the Knee -- Tumours -- New Trends Based on Experimental Results in the Treatment of Sarcoma -- Surgery for Soft Tissue Sarcomas -- Trauma -- Biologics in Open Fractures -- Classification and Algorithm of Treatment of Proximal Humerus Fractures -- Management of Proximal Tibial Fractures -- Surgical Treatment of Pelvic Ring Injuries -- Paediatrics -- Anatomical Reconstruction of the Hip with SCFE, Justified by Pathophysiological Findings -- Spine -- Treatment of the Aging Spine -- Shoulder and Elbow -- New Trends in Shoulder Arthroplasty -- Surgery of the Elbow: Evolution of Successful Management -- Forearm -- The Forearm Joint -- Hip -- Current Evidence on Designs and Surfaces in Total Hip Arthroplasty -- Risk Factors and Treatment of Dislocations of Total Hip Arthroplasty -- Treatment of Early and Late Infection Following THA -- Knee -- Prevention and Management of Cartilage Injury and Osteoarthritis from Sports -- Meniscal Lesions Today: Evidence for Treatment -- Modern Indications for High Tibial Osteotomy -- Unicompartment Knee Arthroplasty: From Primary to Revision Surgery -- Foot and Ankle -- Osteotomies Around the Ankle.
- "This important reference textbook covers the surgical management of all major orthopaedic and traumatological conditions. The book will act as the major source of education and guidance in surgical practice for surgeons and trainees, especially those preparing for higher surgical examinations and the Board of Orthopaedics and Traumatology examinations within and beyond Europe. The emphasis throughout is on the application of current knowledge and research to technical problems, how to avoid operative problems, and how to salvage complications if they occur. The didactic text is complemented by abundant illustrations that highlight the essentials of each clinical scenario. The authors are all recognized international authorities active at congresses and workshops as well as in universities and hospitals across the world."--Publisher's website.
- Evidence-based management of low back pain 2012, ScienceDirect
- Evidence-based manual medicine a problem-oriented approach 2007, ClinicalKeySomatic dysfunction mechanisms -- Manual diagnostic procedures overview -- Treatment procedures overview -- Mechanical low back pain -- Mechanical neck and upper back pain -- Cervicogenic headache -- Temporomandibular joint dysfunction -- Shoulder pain and dysfunction -- Carpal tunnel syndrome -- Ankle sprain -- Manual medicine coding.
- Evidence-based orthopaedics the best answers to clinical questions 2009, ClinicalKeyDr. James Wright, Associate Editor for the Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, presents this landmark publication and novel approach to orthopaedic problems and solutions. This new, evidence-based reference examines clinical options and discusses relevant research evidence to provide you with expert recommendations for best practice. The consistent chapter format and featured summary tables provide "at-a-glance" access to the evidence-based literature and clinical options. Leading authorities contribute their expertise so you can apply the most effective clinical solutions to the persistent questions you encounter in your practice.
- External fixation in orthopedic traumatology 2012, Springer1. Damage Control Orthopedics in the Polytrauma Patient / Hans-Christoph Pape, Thomas Dienstknecht, and Peter V. Giannoudis -- 2. Limb Damage Control Orthopedics / Madhusudhan Yakkanti, Cyril Mauffrey, and Craig S. Roberts -- 3. Practical Biomechanical Considerations about External Fixators / Cyril Mauffrey, Dennis Beck, and Laura Ruhala -- 4. External Fixation in Economically Disadvantaged Areas / David Seligson, N.S. Laud, and Alfredo Aybar Montoya -- 5. External Fixation in the War Zone / Paul J. Dougherty and Kimberly M. Kesling -- 6. External Fixation of the Pelvis in Damage Control Orthopedics / Madhusudhan Yakkanti and Craig S. Roberts -- 7. External Fixation About the Wrist and the Forearm / Cyril Mauffrey, David Seligson, and Jonathan Yerasimide / 8. External Fixators in the Treatment of Tibial Plateau Fractures / V. Manakavala Perumal, Cyril Mauffrey, and Craig S. Roberts -- 9. The Use of External Fixators in the Acute Management of Tibial Pilon Fractures / Cyril Mauffrey, David Seligson, and Jessica Heinsen -- 10. External Fixation of Long Bones / Dennis Beck and Charles Daniel Benson -- 11. The Care and Management of Patients with External Fixators / David Seligson and Janet Macphaden -- 12. Complications of External Fixation / G. Zych -- 13. Timing and Strategies for Definitive Fixation After a Damage Control Frame / Thomas De Coster -- 14. Medico Legal Considerations Surrounding the Injured Patient / David Seligson and Charles Daniel Benson.
- Failed spine 2005, Ovid
- Anatomy of joints, general considerations and principles of joint examination / George V. Lawry, Dennis Bewyer -- The shoulder / Murray J. Beuerlein , Michael D. McKee, Adel Fam -- The elbow / George V. Lawry, Terry Axelrod, Elizabeth Grigoriadis -- The wrist and hand / Arthur A.M. Bookman, Herbert P. von Schroeder, Adel Fam -- The hip / Hans J. Kreder -- The knee / Hans J. Kreder and Gillian Hawker -- The ankle and foot / Gregory W. Choy, David Stephen, Adel Fam -- The spine / George Lawry ... [et al.] -- The temporomandibular joint / Michael B. Goldberg ... [et al.] -- Principles of joint and periarticular aspirations and injections / Gillian Hawker, Elizabeth Grigoriadis, Adel G. Fam.
- Female athlete triad a clinical guide 2015, SpringerThis is the first book of its kind to focus solely on the female athlete triad - its origins, its recognition, and most importantly, its management. Since the symptoms themselves cover a range of medical specialties, chapters are written by experts in a number of relevant fields - sports medicine, orthopedics, endocrinology, and pediatrics - with an eye toward overall care of the young female athlete. Additionally, each chapter includes suggestions on how to educate and communicate with young athletes and their parents, as well as trainers and coaches, on how to manage the illness outside of the direct clinical setting. The female athlete triad is often seen in sports where low body weight is emphasized, such as gymnastics, figure skating, and running, though it can appear in any sport or activity. The interrelated symptoms - eating disorders, amenorrhea, and low bone mass - exist on a spectrum of severity and are serious and potentially life-threatening if not properly treated. Psychological problems, in addition to medical ones, are not uncommon. The Female Athlete Triad: A Clinical Guide discusses all of these areas for a well-rounded and in-depth approach to the phenomenon and will be a useful reference for any clinician working with female athletes across the lifespan.
- Femoroacetabular impingement 2012, Springerpt. 1. Concept and physical exam in FAI -- 1. Historical Evolution of the Concept of Femoroacetabular Impingement as a Cause of Hip Osteoarthritis / Martin Lavigne, Laffosse Jean-Michel and Vendittoli Pascal-André -- 2. Mechanism of Femoroacetabular Impingement / Martin Beck, Slaman Chegini, Stephen Ferguson and Harish S. Hosalkar -- 3. Physical Exam in FAI / Óliver Marín-Peña -- pt. 2. Imaging in FAI -- 4. X-Ray Examination in FAI / Klaus A. Siebenrock and Philipp Henle -- 5. MRI/CT in FAI / Kawan S. Rakhra -- 6. Future Strategies for the Assessment of Cartilage and Labral Lesions in Femoroacetabular Impingement / Ara Kassarjian, Luis Cerezal and Eva Llopis -- pt. 3. FAI Surgical Treatment -- 7. Evidence-Based Medicine in the Treatment of Femoroacetabular Impingement / Ricardo Larraínzar Garijo, R. García-Bógalo and E. Díez-Nicolás -- 8. Bone Resection: First Step for Treatment, How Much Is Too Much? / Rodrigo Mardones and Fernando Nemtala -- 9. Open Surgical Treatment of FAI: Safe Surgical Dislocation of the Femoral Head / Michael Leunig, Anil Ranawat, Martin Beck and Reinhold Ganz -- 10. Mini-Anterior Approach / Manuel Ribas and Óliver Marín-Peña -- 11. Arthroscopic Treatment of FAI: Position, Portals, and Instrumentation / Victor M. Ilizaliturri -- 12. Normal and Pathological Arthroscopic View in Hip Arthroscopy / Damian Griffin and Shanmugam Karthikeyan -- 13. What Goes on During the Learning Curve? / Luís Perez-Carro and Marc Tey -- 14. My Experience of Hip Arthroscopy in the Lateral Position / Alexandros P. Tzaveas and Richard N. Villar -- 15. Arthroscopic Treatment of FAI: Supine Position, My First Option / Marcelo Quieroz, Katrina Dela Torre and Bryan T. Kelly -- 16. Complications and Revision Surgery in Hip Arthroscopy / Bruno G. S. e Souza and Marc J. Philippon -- 17. Combined Techniques in FAI: Hip Arthroscopy Followed / Mini-Anterior Approach / Nader A. Nassif and John C. Clohisy -- 18. Femoroacetabular Impingement Management Through a Mini-Open Anterior Approach and Arthroscopic Assistance: Technics and Mid-Term Results / Frédéric Laude and Elhadi Sariali -- pt. 4. F.A.I. and Hip Dysplasia -- 19. Differentiating FAI from Dysplasia / Wadih Y. Matar and Javad Parvizi -- 20. Advances in PAO Surgery: The Minimally Invasive Approach / Anders Troelsen and Kjeld Søballe -- 21. Retroverted PAO or Rim Trimming in the Dysplastic Hip with FAI / Philipp Henle and Klaus A. Siebenrock -- pt. 5. Hip arthroplasty in young adult -- 22. Current Arthroplasty Options in the Young Adult Hip / Eduardo García Cimbrelo, Eduardo Garcia-Rey and Ana Cruz-Pardos -- 23. Resurfacing Arthroplasty for Femoroacetabular Impingement / Matías J. Salineros and Paul E. Beaulé -- 24. How to Do Resurfacing in Hip Dysplasia / Koen De Smet -- pt. 6. Postoperative management (POM) -- 25. Rehabilitation Following Femoroacetabular Impingement Surgery / Lafayette de Azevedo Lage -- 26. Postoperative Management of Hip Resurfacing / Alfonso Valles and Carlos Gebhard -- pt. 7. Outcome in FAI Treatment -- 27. Clinical Scores in Femoroacetabular Impingement / Néstor Moreno and Óliver Marín-Peña.
- Foot and ankle core knowledge in orthopaedics 2007, ClinicalKey1. Foot and Ankle Anatomy and Biomechanics -- 2. Examination of the Foot and Ankle -- 3. Orthotics -- 4. Adult Acquired Flatfoot -- 5. The Non-neuromuscular Cavus Foot -- 6. Neuromuscular Foot Deformity -- 7. Diabetic Foot Disorders -- 8. Rheumatoid Arthritis and Inflammatory Disorders -- 9. Hallux Valgus -- 10. First Metatarsophalangeal Disorders -- 11. Lesser Toe Disorders -- 12. Common Pediatric Foot and Ankle Conditions -- 13. Nerve Disorders -- 14. Ankle Arthritis -- 15. Heel Pain -- 16. Achilles Tendon Problems -- 17. Other Tendon Problems -- 18. Ankle Sprains and Ligament Injuries -- 19. Malleolar Fractures -- 20. Tibial Pilon Fractures -- 21. Calcaneus Fractures -- 22. Talus Fractures -- 23. Navicular and Midfoot Injuries -- 24. Metatarsal and Phalangeal Fractures -- 25. Tumors of the Foot and Ankle -- 26. Amputations -- 27. Ankle Arthroscopy -- 28. Nail Problems in the Foot -- 29. Enhancement of Bone Healing.
- Foot and ankle motion analysis clinical treatment and technology 2008, CRCnetBASE
- Foot and ankle surgery 2010, ClinicalKeyHallux Valgus Correction with Modified Chevron Osteotomy -- Scarf Osteotomy for Correction of Hallux Valgus -- Modified "Lapidus" Procedure-Tarsometatarsal Corrective Osteotomy and Fusion with First Metatarsophalangeal Joint Correction and Realignment -- Proximal Long Oblique (Ludloff) First Metatarsal Osteotomy with Distal Soft Tissue Procedure -- Hallux Rigidus: Cheilectomy with and without a Dorsiflexion Phalangeal Osteotomy -- Arthrodesis of the Great Toe Metatarsophalangeal Joint -- Forefoot Reconstruction for Rheumatoid Disease -- Fifth Metatarsal Osteotomy for Correction of Bunionette Deformity -- Turf Toe Repair: Capsular Repair of First Metatarsophalangeal Plantar Plate Rupture -- Morton's Neuroma -- Revision Surgery through a Plantar Approach for Recurrent Interdigital Neuroma -- Deviated Lesser Toe/Metatarsal Shortening (Weil) Osteotomy -- Correction of Acquired Hallux Varus -- Arthroscopy of the Great Toe -- Metatarsal Lengthening -- Internal Fixation of the Sesamoid Bone of the Hallux -- Cavovarus Correction in Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease -- Charcot Neuroarthropathy of the Midfoot/Hindfoot -- Midfoot Arthrodesis in Charcot Foot Deformity with "Charcot Screws" -- Open Reduction and Internal Fixation of Lisfranc/Tarsometatarsal Injuries -- Painful Accessory Navicular: Augmented Kidner Procedure with Flexor Digitorum Longus Transfer -- Painful Accessory Navicular Treated with Fusion -- Open Reduction and Internal Fixation of Proximal Fifth Metatarsal (Jones' or Stress) Fracture -- Open Reduction and Internal Fixation of the Cuboid Fracture/Nutcracker Injury -- Total Ankle Arthroplasty with a Current Three-Component Design (HINTEGRA Prosthesis) -- Salvage of Failed Total Ankle Arthroplasty -- Ankle Arthrodesis for Salvage of the Failed Total Ankle Arthroplasty -- Ankle Arthrodesis Using Ring/Multiplanar External Fixation -- Arthroscopic Ankle Arthrodesis -- Rigid Fixation for Ankle Arthrodesis Using Double Plating -- Tibiotalocalcaneal Fusion with a Retrograde Intramedullary Nail -- Realignment Surgery for Valgus Ankle Osteoarthritis -- Osteochondral Lesion of the Ankle-OATS Procedure -- Mosaicplasty with Bone-Periosteum Graft from the Iliac Crest for Osteochondral Lesions of the Talus -- Arthroscopy of the Subtalar Joint -- Modified Brostrom Procedure for Lateral Ankle Laxity -- Lateral Ankle Ligament Reconstruction Using Plantaris Autograft -- Salvage of a Failed Lateral Ligament Repair -- Lateral Ankle Reconstruction with the Fourth Extensor Digitorum Communis Tendon -- Ligament Reconstruction for Chronic Medial Ankle Instability -- Ligament Reconstruction for Chronic Medial Ankle Instability -- Exosectomy for Haglund's Disease -- Haglund's Deformity: Open and Arthroscopic Treatment -- Intra-articular Calcaneus Fractures -- Calcaneus Open Reduction and Internal Fixation with Extensile Lateral Incision -- Osteotomies for the Correction of Varus Ankle -- Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome -- Anterior Ankle Impingement -- Lateral Calcaneal Lengthening Osteotomy for Supple Adult Flatfoot -- Single Medial Approach for Triple Arthrodesis -- Triple Arthrodesis -- Treatment of Distal Achilles (Insertional) Degeneration and Associated Calf Tightness Plus Calcaneal Tuber Exostosis -- Achilles Tendon Reconstruction with Flexor Hallucis Longus Transfer Augmentation -- Peroneal Tendon Tears: Débridement and Repair -- Chronic Peroneal Tendon Subluxation-Dislocation -- Posterior Tibial Tendon Transfer for Footdrop -- Calf Lengthening for Equinus Contracture -- Proximal Tibia Bone Graft -- Anterior Leg Compartment Release for Exertional Compartment Syndrome.
- Fracture classifications in clinical practice 2006, Springer
- Residents and junior doctors on rotation are under constant pressure to have accurate and up-to-date information available to them. This is never more important than when on rotation in the Emergency Room. Junior doctors often lack experience in orthopaedics making the recognition and accurate identification of fractures and their treatment a challenging task.The second edition of this comprehensive handbook contains a wealth of illustrations and explanatory text, which is organized into a concise repository of information on fractures according to the most widely used classification systems. The classification systems covered include AO and OTA systems. This allows readers the opportunity to make a correct diagnosis using the appropriate criteria, while simplifying the planning of further management and ensuring that communication with experienced staff is more effective.
- Fracture management for primary care. 3rd ed. 2012, ClinicalKeyThe 3rd edition provides the guidance you need to evaluate and treat common fractures, as well as identify uncommon fractures that should be referred to a specialist. Drs. M. Patrice Eiff and Robert Hatch emphasize the current best guidelines for imaging and treating fractures so that you can make accurate identifications and select appropriate treatment. Detailed descriptions and illustrations combined with evidence-based coverage give you the confidence you need to make the right decisions. Reference key information quickly and easily thanks to one-page management tables that summarize pertinent aspects of diagnosis and treatment. Reference key information quickly and easily thanks to one-page management tables that summarize pertinent aspects of diagnosis and treatment. Effectively manage emergency situations using guidelines for emergent referral, greater detail regarding methods for closed reductions for fractures and dislocations, and more. Know how and when to treat fractures and when to refer your patients to a specialist.
- Fracture-dislocations of the wrist 2013, SpringerAccording to reports in the literature, despite the severe disruption of carpal anatomy, fracture-dislocations of the wrist are missed on clinical and radiographic examination in a high percentage of cases. Orthopedic surgeons' lack of familiarity with these injuries is one of the factors contributing to failed or delayed diagnosis. This richly illustrated book covers all types of wrist dislocation and fracture-dislocation. Detailed information is provided on anatomy and biomechanics, while terminology and classification of injuries are explained. Treatment options are thoroughly analysed, with special emphasis on surgical treatment, which is presented step by step. All of the figures -- radiological and surgical -- relate to patients treated by the author himself. Most of the cases are from the Red Cross Hospital of Athens that admits many patients with such injuries, in part through referral from other centres due to the author's acknowledged expertise in the field. This volume, with its highly informative and up-to-date chapters and reviews, and a wealth of color figures, will be of great practical value for clinicians and residents in orthopedic surgery, who assist them in daily decision making.
- Fractures and injuries of the distal radius and carpus the cutting edge 2009, ClinicalKeyRecognized experts from around the world bring you "cutting-edge" guidance on the treatment of distal radius fractures and carpal injuries. Practical and comprehensive, you'll find detailed coverage of the treatment and causes of ulnar sided wrist pain, as well as the latest arthroscopic and mini-invasive techniques for the fixation of both distal radius fractures and scaphoid fractures. The user-friendly format features practical tips, pearls, and potential pitfalls to help optimize outcomes. Best of all, intraoperative videos of 44 techniques available on DVD and online make this an outstanding multimedia guide for the treatment of these challenging fractures. Uses real cases to illustrate diagnostic decision-making, nonsurgical and surgical management and care, and outcomes measurement for a variety of complex distal radius fractures, as well as 44 videos, over two hours, of procedures all on the DVD and website. Includes the fully-searchable text online for quick and easy access to the information you need. Covers distal radius fractures from imaging and classification to the new locking plate designs, emerging nonplate alternatives such as intramedullary and T-pin fixation, and newer nonbridging external fixators for intra-articular fractures to provide you with the latest developments in the field. Presents material in a concise, practical format for an ideal review before surgery. Provides a visual display of intraoperative procedures through full-color images and photographs. Features additional chapters, Role of Advanced Imaging in Distal Radius Fractures, Patient-focused Wrist Outcome Instrument, Biomechanics and Biology of Plate Fixation of Distal Radius Fractures, Micronail, Rehabilitation Following Distal Radius Fractures: a biomechanical/procedure specific approach, Use of Thermal Shrinkage: Biology and applications, Arthroscopic Thermal Shrinkage for Scapholunate Ligament Injuries, Rehabilitation following Carpal Injury, Reconstruction of the Distal Radius Facet by a Free Vascularized Ostechondral Graft, online for even more value.
- Fractures in the elderly a guide to practical management 2011, SpringerPt. 1. The aging of bone and etiologies of fractures -- pt. 2. Perioperative management -- pt. 3. Common fractures in the elderly -- pt. 4. Rehabilitation, post-fracture evaluation, and prevention.
- Fractures of the proximal femur improving outcomes 2011, ClinicalKeyMatch pre-operative assessment, surgical techniques, post-operative management, and more to the specific lifestyle factors of each patient in order to achieve optimal results. Apply state-of-the-art techniques and protocols with the visual help of operative videos as well as more than 500 surgical line drawings and photographs in print. Review surgical techniques such as pinning, plating/intramedulary devices, and total hip replacement implants, and get a greater understanding of deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism prevention. Brush up on related topics including epidemiology, osteoporosis, co-morbidities, evidence-based post-op, and rehabilitation protocols. Get the advice of expert contributors worldwide who detail best practices in prophylaxis, surgical technique, and rehabilitation.
- Freyschmidt's "Koehler/Zimmer" Borderlands of normal and early pathologic findings in skeletal radiography. 5th revised edition. 2003, Medlantis
- This book is designed as an easy to read reference and practical guide to the management of combat extremity injuries, which account for a high percentage of the injuries sustained in recent and current conflicts. The surgical techniques appropriate to the full range of extremity injuries and some other frequent injuries, such as trauma to the spine and pelvis, are clearly described with the aid of helpful illustrations. In each chapter a bottom line up front approach is adopted, providing key messages first; a further important feature is the emphasis placed on case-based information and lessons learned from practice. Care has been taken to ensure that the advice provided is straightforward and in line with military clinical practice guidelines.
- Frozen section library. Bone 2011, SpringerIntroduction -- Bone/Osteoid Producing Lesions -- Cartilage-Producing Lesions -- Fibrous and Fibrohistiocytic Lesions -- Giant Cell-Rich Lesions -- Small/Round Cell Lesions -- Cystic and Vascular Lesions -- Epithelial Lesions.
- 1. Introduction -- 2. Force Vector -- 3. Moment and Torque Vectors -- 4. Statics: Systems in Equilibrium -- 5. Applications of Statics to Biomechanics -- 6. Introduction to Dynamics -- 7. Linear Kinematics -- 8. Linear Kinetics -- 9. Angular Kinematics -- 10. Angular Kinetics -- 11. Impulse and Momentum -- 12. Introduction to Deformable Body Mechanics -- 13. Stress and Strain -- 14. Multiaxial Deformations and Stress Analyses -- 15. Mechanical Properties of Biological Tissues -- Appendex A. Plane Geometry -- Appendix B. Vector Algebra -- Appendix C. Calculus.
- Fundamentals of biomechanics. 2nd ed. 2007, Springer
- Fundamentals of musculoskeletal ultrasound. 2nd ed. 2013, ebraryFulltext ClinicalKey"Master the key concepts you need to perform, read, and interpret musculoskeletal ultrasounds. A straightforward approach, an abundance of detailed ultrasound images, and online video demonstrations provide step-by-step guidance that makes learning easy."-- From publisher's description.
- Fundamentals of osteoporosis 2010, ClinicalKeyA comprehensive source of the basic research related to osteoporosis. It introduces genomic and proteomic analysis, histopathology and imaging, as well cellular and molecular mechanisms relevant to assay development and drug discovery.
- Fundamentals of skeletal radiology. Fourth edition [4th ed.] 2013, ClinicalKeyUnnecessary examinations -- Benign lytic lesions -- Malignant tumors -- "Don't touch" lesions -- Trauma -- Arthritis -- Metabolic bone disease -- Miscellaneous conditions -- Magnetic resonance imaging of the knee -- Magnetic resonance imaging of the shoulder -- Lumbar spine : disc disease and stenosis -- Magnetic resonance imaging of the foot and ankle -- Miscellaneous magnetic resonance imaging.
- General principles of orthopedics and trauma 2013, Springer
- Genetics and development of scoliosis 2010, Springer
- Genetics of bone biology and skeletal disease Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialThis book identifies and analyzes the genetic basis of bone disorders in humans and demonstrates the utility of mouse models in furthering the knowledge of mechanisms and evaluations of treatments. The book is aimed at all students of bone biology and genetics, and with this in mind, it includes general introductory chapters on genetics and bone biology and more specific disease-orientated chapters, which comprehensively summarize the clinical, genetic, molecular genetic, animal model, functional and molecular pathology, diagnostic, counselling and treatment aspects of each disorder. Saves academic, medical, and pharma researchers time in quickly accessing the very latest details on a broad range of genetic bone issues, as opposed to searching through thousands of journal articles. Provides a common language for bone biologists and geneticists to discuss the development of bone cells and genetics and their interactions in the development of disease. Researchers in all areas bone biology and genetics will gain insight into how clinical observations and practices can feed back into the research cycle and will, therefore, be able to develop more targeted genomic and proteomic assays. For those clinical researchers who are also MDs, correct diagnosis (and therefore correct treatment) of bone diseases depends on a strong understanding of the molecular basis for the disease.
- Global orthopedics caring for musculoskeletal conditions and injuries in austere settings 2014, SpringerGlobal Orthopedics: Caring for Musculoskeletal Conditions and Injuries in Austere Settings was conceived and written to be a unique reference for surgeons working in resource-limited environments. The first sections provide historical background, global public health perspectives of orthopedics, the role of culture, and a broad discussion of non-surgical and non-orthopedic clinical topics that are rarely encountered in high-resource settings but that affect orthopedic care. Adult and pediatric trauma are presented in an anatomical format for easy reference, with a focus on the natural history and the best treatment methods within existing limitations. The chapters on musculoskeletal infections provide a wealth of knowledge about these common debilitating conditions that is unavailable in any other single modern text. The non-infectious pediatric conditions section has been written for the non-specialist to handle selected developmental and early childhood orthopedic problems commonly seen in low-resource settings. Detailed chapters on reconstruction surgery, tumor management, amputations, and the orthopedic needs in the face of conflicts and natural disasters round out the text.
- Green's Operative hand surgery. 6th ed. 2011, ClinicalKey
- Green's Skeletal trauma in children. Fifth edition [5th ed.] 2015, ClinicalKeyObtain the best outcomes from the latest techniques with help from a "who's who" of pediatric orthopaedic trauma experts! Considered as the "go-to" reference for orthopaedic trauma surgeons and pediatric orthopaedic trauma surgeons, Green's Skeletal Trauma in Children presents practical, focused guidance on managing traumatic musculoskeletal injuries in children and adolescents. It emphasizes the unique aspects of children's fractures in terms of epidemiology, mechanisms, management, and the challenges of treating the skeletally immature patient. State-of-the-art coverage includes crucial chapters on skeletal trauma related to child abuse, anesthesia and analgesia, management of children's fractures, and outcome measures and rehabilitation.
- The treatment of such conditions is often challenging due to the age of the patient and the progressive nature of the deformity. There also may be associated problems such as congenital anomalies, respiratory insufficiency, and neurological problems. Depending on the etiology of the deformity, these children are often cared for by multiple specialists including pediatricians, pediatric orthopaedists or orthopaedic spine surgeons, neurologists, pediatric surgeons, pediatric neurosurgeons, oncologists, and/or pulmonologists. Health professionals in all of the mentioned disciplines are involved in the management of these patients, which is why compiling a comprehensive textbook that is not limited to orthopedic specialists is essential. This textbook will effectively help to standardize the care of these patients. Furthermore, other professionals such as nurses, physical therapists and healthcare professionals in training are usually not familiar with these conditions and are in need of a reference book to consult when caring for children with spinal deformities.
- Growth of the pediatric skeleton a primer for radiologists 2008, Springer
- Injuries to the hamstring and quadriceps muscles can occur in both low- and high-impact sports and as such are among the more common injuries incurred by athletes. Reviewing the relevant physiology, epidemiology, mechanisms, clinical presentation and treatment of these conditions, Hamstring and Quadriceps Injuries in Athletes covers all sports-related injuries of the thigh musculature in one place. Topics covered include mid substance injuries, acute proximal tendon avulsions and harvesting of hamstrings, as well as strains, contusions and ruptures of the quadriceps, including the use of biologic enhancing agents in healing. Chapters on rehabilitation and injury prevention present techniques to maximize recovery and minimize long-term impairment, speeding up return to play. It will be an often-used and reliable guide for sports medicine practitioners, orthopedists, physical therapists, primary care physicians, team physicians and trainers who treat the injured athlete.
- This book presents the human hand from an overall perspective from the first appearance of hand-like structures in the fins of big fishes living millions of years ago to today's and the future s mind-controlled artificial hands. Much focus is given to the extremely well-developed sensation of the hand, its importance and its linkage to brain plasticity mechanisms. How can active hands rapidly expand their representational area in the brain? How can the sense of touch substitute for other deficient senses, such as in Braille reading where hand sensation substitutes for missing vision? How can the mere observation of active hands, belonging to others, activate the hand area in the observer's own brain and what is the importance of this phenomenon for learning by imitation and the understanding of other peoples actions, gestures and body language? Why are some of us left-handed and what are the consequences from cultural and physiological viewpoints? Why does phantom sensation and phantom pain occur after hand amputation, and what can we do about it? Why can salamanders regenerate new extremities while humans can not? Is it possible to transplant a hand from a diseased individual to an amputee? Can artificial robotic hands be controlled by our mind, and can they ever gain the role of a normal hand? What role did the hand and the brain play during evolution in tool construction and development of language and cognitive functions? The hand has a high symbolic value in religion, literature and art and our hands have a key role in gestures and body language. The Hand and the Brain is aimed at anybody with interest in life sciences, in the medical field especially hand surgeons, orthopaedic specialists, neurologists and general practitioners, and those working in rehabilitation medicine and pain treatment.
- Hand and upper extremity reconstruction 2009, ClinicalKeyThis volume in the Procedures in Reconstructive Surgery Series covers the key hand and upper extremity reconstruction techniques you need to stay on the cutting edge of this rapidly evolving specialty. Experts clearly explain how to perform procedures, sharing ₃tricks of the trade₄ and clinical pearls so you can offer your patients superior results. Each book uses a concise, consistent format that complements the commentary and procedures in operative clips on the accompanying DVD. Master essential reconstructive surgical techniques with the comprehensive titles in this series! Provides real-life clinical details and clear visual guidance to the different operative steps with full-color illustrations and original artwork. Offers complete coverage of reconstructive techniques provided by well-recognized international authorities to provide balanced and comprehensive perspectives. Discusses common pitfalls, emphasizing optimizing outcomes, to refine the quality of your technique. Presents a DVD of video clips of key procedures performed by experts to show you how to enhance your skills.
- Hand and wrist surgery. 2nd ed. 2012, ClinicalKeySection 1. Examination and emergency prodecures -- section 2. Tendon conditions -- section 3. Nerve injury and nerve palsy -- section 4. Musculotendinous unit lengthening and tendon transfers for spastic conditions -- section 5. Reconstruction of rheumatoid hand deformities -- section 6. Congenital conditions -- section 7. Soft tissue coverage -- section 8. Hand fractures, dislocations, and arthritis -- section 9. Thumb carpometacarpal joint instability and arthritis -- section 10. Wrist arthroscopy -- section 11. Carpal fractures and ligamentous instability -- section 12. Distal radius fractures and distal radioulnar joint repair and reconstruction -- section 13. Wrist osteoarthritis -- section 14. Tumors.
- Hand bone age a digital atlas of skeletal maturity. 2nd ed. 2012, Springer
- Hand function a practical guide to assessment 2014, SpringerAccurate assessment of hand function is critical to any treatment regimen of the hand compromised patient. Hand Function is a practical, clinical book which provides the knowledge needed to distinguish the different dimensions of hand function, particularly impairment, disability and handicap. Beginning with an overview of basic principles and examination, subsequent chaptersevaluate the hand function inspecific afflicted populations, including the rheumatoid patient, the stroke patient, the trauma patient, the geriatric patient and the pediatric patient, as well as special populations such asdiabetes mellitus patients and musicians. An appendix containing hand function scales essential to theassessment ofdisability is also included. Rheumatologists, physiatrists, hand surgeons, orthopedists, occupational therapistsand physical therapists will all find Hand Function a useful and valuable addition to their clinical references.
- Hand surgery 2004, Ovid
- Hand transplantation 2007, Springer
- Handbook of fractures. 3rd ed. 2006, OvidClosed reduction, casting, and traction -- Multiple trauma -- Open fractures -- Gunshot wounds -- Pathologic fractures -- Periprosthetic fractures -- Orthopaedic analgesia -- General spine -- Cervical spine -- Thoracolumbar spine -- Clavicle fractures -- Acromioclavicular and sternoclavicular joint injuries -- Scapula fractures -- Glenohumeral dislocation -- Proximal humerus fractures -- Humeral shaft fractures -- Distal humerus -- Elbow dislocation -- Olecranon -- Radial head -- Radius and ulna shaft -- Distal radius -- Wrist -- Hand -- Pelvis -- Acetabulum -- Hip dislocations -- Femoral head -- Femoral neck fractures -- Intertrochanteric fractures -- Subtrochanteric fractures -- Femoral shaft -- Distal femur -- Knee dislocation -- Patella and extensor mechanism injuries -- Tibial plateau -- Tibial/fibula shaft -- Ankle fractures -- Calcaneus fractures -- Talus -- Fractures of the midfoot and forefoot -- Pediatric orthopedic surgery: general principles -- Pediatric shoulder -- Pediatric elbow -- Pediatric forearm -- Pediatric wrist and hand -- Pediatric hip -- Pediatric femoral shaft -- Pediatric knee -- Pediatric tibia and fibula -- Pediatric ankle -- Pediatric foot.
- Handbook of fractures. 4th ed. 2010, Ovid
- Handbook of osteoporosis 2011, Springer
- Handbook of splinting and casting 2012, ClinicalKeyBasic Principles of Analgesia -- Hematoma Block -- Elbow Block -- Wrist Block -- Digital Block -- Ankle Block -- Intra-articular Ankle Block -- Basic Principles of Reduction Maneuvers -- Shoulder and Elbow Reduction -- Forearm, Wrist, and Hand Reduction -- Pelvis and Lower Extremity Reduction -- Basics of Splinting and Casting -- Upper Extremity Splints and Casts -- Lower Extremity Splints and Casts -- Femoral Skeletal Traction -- Tibial Skeletal Traction -- Calcaneal Skeletal Traction -- Cervical Spine Traction with Gardner Wells Tongs.
- High yield orthopaedics. 1st ed. 2010, ClinicalKeyHere is a great reference source for use when preparing for board or re-certifying exams. High Yield Orthopaedics concisely conveys the most important information in the field with the aid of 600 illustrations--250 in full color. The consistent chapter format--covering every topic thoroughly from the pathophysiology and distribution to the symptoms and treatment--presents the material in a way that makes it easy to access and digest. Covers more than 200 topics with 460 illustrations--250 in full color--to provide you with a comprehensive yet focused resource. Emphasizes recognition of entities illustrated on the Board exams with two or more key clinical or pathological figures per writeup to give you the fullest understanding of the material. Presents topics selected based on the analysis of many years of examination experience so you get only the important information. Includes the most accurate information from experts who keep you current. Supplements topics with illustrations, tables, figures, radiographs, and even flow charts and equations to provide you with a visual understanding of the material. Features chapters organized alphabetically by disorder to help you find what you need fast. Conveys the information in a concise, yet structured manner for at-a-glance reference. Provides quick access to authoritative background with two or three critical references per writeup to extend your reading.
- Hip and pelvis in sports medicine and primary care 2010, SpringerEpidemiology of hip and pelvis injury -- Physical examination of the hip and pelvis -- Functional and kinetic chain evaluation -- Gait assessment -- Imaging of hip and pelvis injuries -- Adult hip and pelvis disorders -- Hip and pelvis injuries in childhood -- Specific considerations in geriatric athletes -- Hip and pelvis injuries in special populations -- Functional therapeutic and core strengthening -- Manual medicine of the hip and pelvis -- Taping and bracing for pelvic and hip injuries -- Nonsurgical interventions -- Treatment options for osteoarthritis of the hip -- Surgical interventions in hip and pelvis injuries.
- Hip arthritis surgery 2008, ClinicalKeyHip arthroscopy / Joseph C. McCarthy and Jo-ann Lee -- Intertrochanteric femoral osteotomy / Nezar S. Tumia and James P. Waddell -- Bernese periacetabular osteotomy / Michael B. Millis -- Templating for primary total hip arthroplasty / Mahmoud A. Hafez and Emil H. Schemitsch -- Posterior approach to the hip / Oliver Keast-Butler and James P. Waddell -- Direct lateral approach to the hip / J. Roderick Davey -- Minimally invasive total hip arthroplasty: techniques and results / Jeremy S. Kudera, James L. Howard, and Robert T. Trousdale -- The cemented acetabular component / John P. Hodgkinson and William J. Hart -- The cemented femoral stem / John H. Franklin and Henrik Malchau -- Cementless acetabular cup technique / Michael D. Ries -- Cementless femoral stems / E.F. Young and Steven J. MacDonald -- Hip resurfacing arthroplasty / Wadih Y. Matar and Paul E. Beaulé -- Digital templating for revision total hip arthroplasty / Mahmoud A. Hafez and Emil H. Schemitsch -- Extended trochanteric osteotomy: posterior approach / Scott M. Sporer and Wayne G. Paprosky -- Direct lateral exposure / Robert B. Bourne -- Acetabular cementless revision / Winston Y. Kim and Bassam A. Masri -- Rings and cages / Catherine F. Kellett, Petros J. Boscainos, and Allan E. Gross -- Femoral revision: impaction grafting / John A.F. Charity, A. John Timperley, and Graham A. Gie -- Femoral stem revision: posterior approach / Oliver Keast-Butler and James P. Waddell.
- Hip arthroscopy and hip joint preservation surgery 2015, Springer
- Hip magnetic resonance imaging 2014, SpringerHip Magnetic Resonance Imaging presents a basic yet comprehensive discussion of the role and use of MRI in the diagnosis and treatment of injuries and diseases of the hip, highlighting common concerns and procedures. Beginning with the principles of MRI and dGEMRIC and moving on to normal and abnormal hip anatomy, the focus shifts to the MRI techniques used in the detection of disease conditions of the hip, including labral disease, osteonecrosis, extra-articular conditions and cartilage damage. Chapters on the utilization of biochemical imaging biomarkers in the treatment of hip disorders round out the text. Written by experts in radiology and orthopedics and generously illustrated with MRI radiographs, this book will be an important reference work for clinicians in those fields, as well as practitioners of sports medicine and primary care physicians.
- Hip resurfacing principles, indications, technique and results 2008, ClinicalKeyEvolution of hip resurfacing / Harlan C. Amstutz, Michel J. Le Duff -- Femoral head vascularity and hip resurfacing / Ahmad Bin Nasser, Paul E. Beaulé -- The mechanics of the resurfaced hip / J. Paige Little, David J. Simpson, Richie H.S. Gill -- Tribology of bearing materials / John B. Medley -- Imaging of hip resurfacing / Thomas A. Gruen -- Outcome studies and data collection / Michel J. Le Duff, Frederick J. Dorey -- Surgical technique / Harlan C. Amstutz -- Indications for metal-on-metal hybrid hip resurfacing / Harlan C. Amstutz -- Results of conserve plus hip resurfacing / Harlan C. Amstutz, Michel, J. Le Duff -- Modes of failures : fractures and loosening / Patricia A. Campbell, William Lundergan -- Reaction to wear products / Patricia A. Campbell, Karren Midori Takamura -- Primary osteoarthritis / Harlan C. Amstutz, Michel J. Le Duff -- Osteonecrosis of the hip / Harlan C. Amstutz, Michel J. Le Duff, Paul D. Boitano -- Childhood disorders / Harlan C. Amstutz, Michel J. Le Duff, Edwin P. Su -- Post-traumatic arthritis / Harlan C. Amstutz, Michel J. Le Duff -- Rheumatoid arthritis and related disorders / Harlan C. Amstutz, Michel J. Le Duff -- Hip resurfacing for other conditions and etiologies / Harlan C. Amstutz, Michel J. Le Duff -- Assessment of the failed or poorly performing hip resurfacing : lessons from a lifetime of experience / Harlan C. Amstutz -- Treatment of failed hip resurfacing / Harlan C. Amstutz, Scott T. Ball -- Rehabilitation and activity following total hip resurfacing / Thomas P. Schmalzried, Michel J. Le Duff -- The future of hip resurfacing / Harlan C. Amstutz.
- Hypermobility of joints. 4th ed. 2012, Springer
- Identification of pathological conditions in human skeletal remains. 2nd ed. 2003, ScienceDirect
- Illustrated orthopedic physical assessment. 3rd ed. 2009, ClinicalKey"Used as a definitive assessment resource by orthopedic practitioners and students alike, this text continues to be known and trusted for both its depth of coverage and its accessible, accurate information. The third edition retains practical features such as gamuts, clinical pearls, and cross-reference tables, while adding more than 500 new illustrations, the majority in full color."--Jacket.
- Image-guided intervention technology and applications 2008, SpringerProcedural similarities / Douglas Fenton and Jeffrey J. Peterson -- Shoulder injections / Jeffrey J. Peterson -- Elbow injections / Jeffrey J. Peterson and Douglas Fenton, and Leo Czervionke -- A surgeon's perspective / Peter M. Murray -- Wrist and hand injections / Jeffrey J. Peterson and Douglas Fenton, and Leo Czervionke -- Hip injections / Jeffrey J. Peterson -- A surgeon's perspective / Gavan P. Duffy -- Knee injections / Jeffrey J. Peterson -- A surgeon's perspective / Cedric J. Ortiguera -- Ankle and foot injections / Jeffrey J. Peterson -- A surgeon's perspective / James K. DeOrio -- Percutaneous image-guided biopsy and radiofrequency ablation / Jeffrey J. Peterson and Douglas Fenton, and Leo Czervionke -- A surgeon's perspective / Mary I. O'Connor.
- Image-guided musculoskeletal intervention. 1st ed. 2008, ClinicalKeyProcedural similarities / Douglas Fenton and Jeffrey J. Peterson -- Shoulder injections / Jeffrey J. Peterson -- Elbow injections / Jeffrey J. Peterson and Douglas Fenton, and Leo Czervionke -- A surgeon's perspective / Peter M. Murray -- Wrist and hand injections / Jeffrey J. Peterson and Douglas Fenton, and Leo Czervionke -- Hip injections / Jeffrey J. Peterson -- A surgeon's perspective / Gavan P. Duffy -- Knee injections / Jeffrey J. Peterson -- A surgeon's perspective / Cedric J. Ortiguera -- Ankle and foot injections / Jeffrey J. Peterson -- A surgeon's perspective / James K. DeOrio -- Percutaneous image-guided biopsy and radiofrequency ablation / Jeffrey J. Peterson and Douglas Fenton, and Leo Czervionke -- A surgeon's perspective / Mary I. O'Connor.
- Image-guided spine interventions. 2nd ed. 2010, Springer
- Imaging of arthritis and metabolic bone disease 2009, ClinicalKeyGet state-of-the-art coverage of the full range of imaging techniques available to assist in the diagnosis and therapeutic management of rheumatic diseases. Written by acknowledged experts in musculoskeletal imaging, this richly illustrated, full-color text presents the latest diagnostic and disease monitoring modalities - MRI, CT, ultrasonography, nuclear medicine, DXA, as well as interventional procedures. You'll find comprehensive coverage of specific rheumatic conditions, including osteoarticular and extraarticular findings. This superb new publication puts you at the forefront of imaging in arthritis and metabolic bone disease, a must have reference for the clinician and imaging specialist. Includes all imaging modalities relevant to rheumatic disease, and applications and contraindications of each, for balanced coverage. Incorporates a user-friendly, consistent full-color format for quick and easy reference. Provides osteoarticular and extra-articular features and findings to show how imaging benefits diagnosis and management of complex rheumatologic conditions. Creates a one-stop shop with comprehensive coverage of imaging for all rheumatic conditions, including metabolic conditions and pediatric disorders. Presents interventional techniques, injections, arthrography, radiofrequency ablation, to create the perfect diagnostic and interventional clinical tool.
- Imaging of orthopedic sports injuries 2007, Springer
- Imaging of pediatric bone and joint trauma 2011, Springer
- An increasing percentage of the population has at least one prosthetic joint. Imaging is required for both initial assessment and routine follow-up of the implant, and this book is intended as an informative and up-to-date guide to the subject. After an introductory section covering a range of background topics, the level of information offered by different imaging techniques in presurgical planning and postimplantation assessment is analyzed. The application of imaging to different joints is then carefully explored in chapters devoted to the foot and ankle, hip, knee, shoulder, and elbow, wrist and hand. In addition, two innovative chapters focus on periprosthetic DXA as the gold standard in monitoring implant survival and on the role of drug therapy in helping to ensure the durability of the prosthesis. A central feature of the book is its combination of the clinical and radiological perspectives; it will be of value to radiologists and orthopedic specialists, as well as residents in these disciplines.
- Imaging of the cervical spine in children. 2nd ed. 2013, SpringerDevelopmental Anatomy -- Normal Variations -- Anomalies -- Anomalies and Normal Variations of the Dens -- Trauma -- Miscellaneous Cervical Spine Problems.
- Imaging of the hand and wrist techniques and applications 2013, Springer
- Imaging of the hip & bony pelvis techniques and applications 2006, Springer
- Imaging of the shoulder techniques and applications 2005, Springer
- Imaging of the spine. 1st ed. 2011, ClinicalKeypt. 1. Introduction -- pt. 2. Paraspinal structures -- pt. 3. Normal spinal column and cord -- pt. 4. Normal spinal aging and degeneration -- pt. 5. Normal vascularization and ischemia -- pt. 6. Spinal trauma -- pt. 7. Spinal vascular malformations -- pt. 8. Spinal cysts and tumors -- pt. 9. Metabolic conditions -- pt. 10. Spinal infection -- pt. 11. Spinal inflammation -- pt. 12. Operative considerations -- pt. 13. The brachial and sacral plexuses.
- Imaging of the sternocostoclavicular region 2007, Springer
- Imaging painful spine disorders. 1st ed. 2011, ClinicalKeySection 1. Normal computed tomography and magnetic resonance imaging anatomy -- section 2. Painful spine disorder.
- Imaging strategies for the knee 2006, ThiemeFunctional anatomy of the knee joint -- Traumatic disorders -- Degenerative diseases -- Inflammatory diseases -- Tumors and tumorlike lesions of the knee joint -- Endocrine/metabolic disorders and crystal-induced diseases -- Ischemic diseases -- Hematologic diseases -- Neuropathic osteoarthropathy -- Pediatric radiology.
- Infected implant 2009, Springer
- Infected total joint arthroplasty the algorithmic approach 2012, SpringerPart 1 -- Introduction / Rihard Trebše -- Joint Replacement: Historical Overview / Rihard Trebše, Anže Mihelič -- Biomaterials in Artificial Joint Replacements / Rihard Trebše -- The Definition of Prosthetic Joint Infections (PJI) / Rihard Trebše, Andrej Trampuž -- Classification of Prosthetic Joint Infections / Rihard Trebše, Anže Mihelič -- The Epidemiology of Total Joint Arthroplasty Infections / David J. Jaekel, Kevin L. Ong, Edmund C. Lau -- Septic Complications in Arthroplasty / Gerold Labek -- Perioperative Antibiotic Prophylaxis in Total Joint Arthroplasty / Nataša Faganeli -- Risk Factors for Prosthetic Joint Infections / René Mihalič, Matevž Topolovec -- Pathogenesis of Prosthetic Joint Infections / Rihard Trebše, Jurij Štalc -- Bacteria-Biomaterial Interactions / Antti Soininen, Emilia Kaivosoja, Jaime Esteban -- Biomaterial-Host Interactions in Aseptic and Septic Conditions / Jukka Pajarinen, Yuya Takakubo, Zygmunt Mackiewicz -- Influence of Wear Particles on Local and Systemic Immune System / Emmanuel Gibon, Stuart B. Goodman -- Diagnostic Evaluations / Rihard Trebše -- Synovial Fluid Cytology / René Mihalič, Dunja Terčič -- Histological Analysis of Periprosthetic Tissue for Detecting Prosthetic Joint Infection / Andrej Cör -- Microbiological Diagnosis of Prosthetic Joint Infection / Jaime Esteban, Concepción Pérez-Jorge, Ramón Pérez-Tanoira -- Microbiological Processing of Samples in the Investigation of Suspected Prosthetic Joint Infection / David G. Partridge, Rob Towsend -- Part 2 -- Molecular Diagnosis of Prosthetic Joint Infection / Jaime Esteban, Diana Molina-Manso, Gema del-Prado -- Current Treatment Strategies in Prosthetic Joint Infections / Rihard Trebše Total Ankle Replacement Infections / Michaela Maria Schneiderbauer -- Periprosthetic Infection Issues with Osseointegrated (OI) Implant Technology in Amputees / Catherine Loc-Carrillo, Alec C. Runyon, James Peter Beck -- The Algorithm for Diagnostic Evaluation and Treatment / Rihard Trebše, Andrej Trampuž -- Bone Grafts and Bone Graft Substitutes in Infected Arthroplasty / Martin Clauss, Thomas Ilchmann.
- Infection and local treatment in orthopedic surgery 2007, Springer
- Inherited neuromuscular diseases translation from pathomechanisms to therapies Carmen Espinos, Vicente Felipo, Francese Palau, editors. 2009, SpringerPathology and diagnosis of muscular dystrophies / Carmen Navarro, Susana Teijeira, Beatriz San Millan.-- Standards of care for Duehenne muscular dystrophy: brief treat-NMD recommendations / Thomas Sejerson, Kate Bushby on behalf of the TREAT-EU Network of Excellence.-- Genetics and pahtogenesis of distal muscular dystrophies / Bjarne Udd.-- Phenotype variations in early onset Pompe disease: Diagnosis and treatment results with Myozyme [RTM] / Samuel Ignacio Pascual Pascual.-- Diseases of the human mitochondrial oxidative phosphorylation system / Julio Montoya, Ester Lopez-Gallardo, Maria Dolores Herrero-Martin, Inigo Martinze-Romero, Aurora Gomez-Duran, Daivd Pacheu, Magdalena Garreras, Carme Diez-Sanchez, Manuel J. Lopez-Perez, Eduardo Ruiz-Pesini.-- Mitochondrial diseases: a cross-talk between mitrochondrial and nuclear genomes / Antonella Spinazzola, Massimo Zeviani.-- Mitochondrial disorders due to nuclear OXPHOS gene defects / Cristina Ugalde, Maria Moran, Alberto Blazquez, Joaquin Arenas, Miguel A. Martin.-- Coenzyme Q10 deficiencies in neuromuscular diseases / Rafael Artuch, Leonardo Salviati, Sandra Jackson, Michio Hirano, Placido Navas.-- The role of mitochondrial network dynamics in the pathogenesis of Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease / Francese Palau, Anna Estela, David Pla-Martin, Maribel Sanchez-Piris.-- Pathogenesis and treatment of mitochondrial disorders / Salvatore DiMauro, Michio Hirano.-- Biology of peripheral inherited neuropathies: Schwann cell axonal interactions / Michael E. Shy.-- Phenotype and clinical evolution of Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease type 1A duplication / Jose Berciano, Antonio Garcia, Elena Gallardo, Cesar Ramon, Onofre Combarros.-- Genotypes & sensory pheotypes in 2 new X-linked neuropathies (CMTX3 and dSMAX) and dominant CMT/HMN overlap syndromes.-- Natural history and treatment of peripheral inherited neuropathies / Davide Pareyson, Chiara Marchesi.-- Spinal muscular atrophy during human development: where are the early pathogenic findings / Eduardo Tizzano.-- Spinal muscular atrophy / Jeremie Vitte, Ruben Attali, Nasim Warwar, Irena Gurt, Judith Melki.-- Friedreich ataxia: an update on animal models, frataxin function and therapies / Pilar Gonzalez-Cabo, Jose Vicente Llorens, Francesc Palau, Maria Dolores Molto.-- Genetics and pathogenesis of inherited ataxias and spastic paraplegias / Carmen Espinos, Francesc Palau.
- Insall & Scott Surgery of the knee. 5th ed. 2012, ClinicalKeyOnline and in print, Insall & Scott Surgery of the Knee, edited by W. Norman Scott, MD, and 11 section editors who are experts in their fields, is your complete, multimedia guide to the most effective approaches for diagnosis and management of the full range of knee disorders affecting patients of all ages. From anatomical and biomechanical foundations, to revision total knee replacement, this authoritative reference provides the most up-to-date and complete guidance on cutting-edge surgical procedures, the largest collection of knee videos in one knee textbook. Expanded coverage and rigorous updates-including 40 online-only chapters-keep you current with the latest advances in cartilage repair and regeneration, allograft and autografts, computer robotics in total knee arthroplasty, and other timely topics. This edition is the first book ever endorsed by The Knee Society. Access the full text - including a wealth of detailed intraoperative photographs, a robust video library, additional online-only chapters, a glossary of TKR designs, quarterly updates, and more - at www.expertconsult.com. Get all you need to know about the clinical and basic science aspects of the full range of knee surgeries as well as the latest relevant information, including imaging and biomechanics; soft tissue cartilage; ligament/meniscal repair and reconstructions; partial and total joint replacement; fractures; tumors; and the arthritic knee. Master the nuances of each new technique through step-by-step instructions and beautiful, detailed line drawings, intraoperative photographs, and surgical videos. See exactly how it's done. Watch master surgeons perform Partial and Primary TKR, Revision TKR, Tumor Replacement, Fracture Treatment, and over 160 videos on the expertconsult.com. Find information quickly and easily thanks to a consistent, highly templated, and abundantly illustrated chapter format and streamlined text with many references and chapters appearing online only.
- Internal derangements of joints. 2nd ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Internal fixation of femoral neck fractures an atlas 2007, Springer
- International advances in foot and ankle surgery 2012, SpringerDistal First Metatarsal Osteotomy -- Hallux Valgus: Proximal First Metatarsal Osteotomies -- The Lapidus Procedure -- Hallux Rigidus: The Valenti Arthroplasty -- Hallux Rigidus: Distal First Metatarsal Osteotomy/Hohmann Procedure -- Hallux Rigidus: Proximal Phalangeal Osteotomy/Enclavement Procedure -- Arthrodesis of the First Metatarsophalangeal Joint -- Hallux Rigidus: First Metatarsal Head Resurfacing -- Revision Hallux Valgus Surgery -- Second Metatarsophalangeal Joint Arthropathy -- Tailor's Bunionectomy -- Surgical Treatment of Hammer Toe, Claw Toe, and Mallet Toe Deformity -- Current Techniques of Toenail Surgery -- Forefoot Trauma -- Fractures of the Calcaneus -- Fractures of the Talus -- Percutaneous Plating of Ankle Fractures -- Ankle Instability -- Insertional and Midsubstance Achilles Tendinopathy -- Peroneal Tendinopathy -- First Metatarsophalangeal Joint Sesamoidopathy -- Turf Toe Injuries -- Lisfranc's and Midfoot Injuries -- Stress Fractures of the Foot and Ankle in Athletes -- Plantar Fasciitis -- Osteochondral Lesions of the Talus -- Os Trigonum Injuries -- Syndesmosis Injuries -- Acute Repair of Ruptured Foot and Ankle Tendons in Athletic Patients -- Chronic Compartment Syndrome of Leg and Foot -- Pedal Amputations in Diabetes -- Charcot Foot and Ankle Disease -- Rheumatoid Foot Reconstruction -- The Pediatric Foot -- Surgical Treatment of Flexible Flatfoot in Adolescents with Bioabsorbable Implant -- Acquired Adult Flatfoot Deformity -- Cavus Foot -- Advances in Anterior Ankle and Subtalar Arthroscopy -- Posterior Ankle Arthroscopy and Endoscopy -- Endoscopic Gastrocnemius Recession -- The Use of External Fixation in the Lower Extremity -- Intramedullary Nail Fixation for Tibiotalocalcaneal Arthrodesis -- Total Ankle Arthroplasty: The US Experience -- Tumors and Tumor-Like Lesions of the Foot and Ankle: Diagnosis and Treatment -- Postoperative Physical Therapy for Foot and Ankle Surgery.
- 1. Understanding spinal cord injury -- 2. A global picture of spinal cord injury -- 3. Prevention of spinal cord injury -- 4. Health care and rehabilitation needs -- 5. Health systems strengthening -- 6. Attitudes, relationships and adjustment -- 7. Spinal cord injury and enabling environments -- 8. Education and employment -- 9. The way forward, recommendations -- Technical appendices A-D -- Glossary -- Index.
- Interventional spine an algorithmic approach 2008, ClinicalKeyAs many as 80% of patients will suffer from back pain at some point in their lifetime. It is the most common form of disability, and the second largest cause of work absenteeism. An early, proactive management approach offers the best route to minimizing these conditions. Renowned authority Curtis W. Slipman, MD and a team of multidisciplinary authorities present you with expert guidance on today's best non-surgical management methods, equipping you with the knowledge you need to offer your patients optimal pain relief. Refresh your knowledge of the basic principles that must be understood before patients with spinal pain can be properly treated. Know what to do when first-line tests and therapies fail, using practice-proven diagnostic and therapeutic algorithms. Offer your patients a full range of non-surgical treatment options, including pharmacology, physical therapy, injection techniques, ablative procedures, and percutaneous disc decompression. Make an informed surgical referral with guidance on indications, contraindications, methods, and postoperative rehabilitation. Better understand key techniques and procedures with visual guidance from more than 500 detailed illustrations. Download all of the book's illustrations from the accompanying CD-ROM for use in electronic presentations.
- Intervertebral disc molecular and structural studies of the disc in health and disease 2014, SpringerThe intervertebral disc is composed of a complex tissue that separates neighboring vertebrae, permits a wide range of motion, and cushions the high biomechanical forces on the spine. Disc degeneration leads to a loss of function and is often associated with excruciating pain. Written by leading scientists and clinicians, this is the only book in the past fifty years devoted entirely to the study of the intervertebral disc. The first part of the book provides a review of the basic biology of the disc in health and disease. The second part considers strategies for mitigating the effects of disc degeneration and discusses the possibility of engineering replacement tissues. The final section is dedicated to approaches that model normal development, and the elucidation of the pathogenesis of degenerative disc disease using animal, organ and cell culture techniques. This unique and authoritative book bridges the gap between the basic and clinical sciences; its target audience includes basic scientists, orthopedists, neurologists, rehabilitation and physical therapists, primary care physicians and chiropractors, while it also addresses the needs of graduate students, medical students, interns, fellows, and patients who suffer from disc-related pathologies.
- Jatin Shah's Head and neck surgery and oncology. 4th ed. 2012, ClinicalKeyBasic principles of head and neck surgery -- Scalp and skin -- Eyelids and orbit -- Nasal cavity and paranasal sinuses -- Skull base -- Lips -- Oral cavity -- Pharynx and esophagus -- Larynx and trachea -- Cervical lymph nodes -- Thyroid and parathyroid glands -- Salivary glands -- Neurogenic tumors and paragangliomas -- Soft tissue tumors -- Bone tumors, including odontogenic lesions -- Reconstructive surgery -- Oncologic dentistry, maxillofacial prosthetics, and implants -- Radiation therapy -- Chemotherapy.
- Knee arthroscopy 2009, SpringerKnee arthroscopy : technique and normal anatomy / Anthony Schena and Glen Ross -- Partial meniscectomy / Laurie M. Katz and Paul P. Weitzel -- Meniscus repair and future directions / Michael J. Angel, Jordan Kerker, and Nicholas Sgaglione -- Meniscal allograft transplantation / David M. Junkin, Jr., Jayesh K. Patel, and Darren L. Johnson -- Arthroscopic treatment of the osteoarthritic knee / Carl T. Talmo and James V. Bono -- Current concepts in articular cartilage / Brian P. McKeon -- Patellofemoral disorders / Jeffrey T. Spang and John P. Fulkerson -- Surgical management of anterior cruciate ligament injuries / Mark E. Steiner -- Posterior cruciate ligament and posterolateral corner reconstruction / Gregory C. Fanelli ... [et al.] -- Arthrofibrosis and synovial lesions of the knee / John C. Richmond and Iván Encalada-Diaz -- Arthroscopic treatment of knee fractures / S.L. Mortimer and Robert Hunter.
- Knee joint arthroplasty 2014, SpringerThis book presents up-to-date knowledge on all aspects of total knee joint arthroplasty (TKA). It opens by considering indications for TKA and implant selection, covering basic science, design, and prosthetic materials. The basic and advanced operative procedures, along with theoretical background, are then described in detail for both primary and revision surgery. The operative techniques for TKA in specific and complex conditions are included. Complications of TKA and their treatment are also discussed, and clear guidance is provided on postoperative management and patient education. The author introduces his personal surgical tips and opinions on controversial issues based on his experience of TKA in some 6,000 cases. Numerous helpful illustrations and radiographs from the author's caseload are presented to assist readers in carrying out the described procedures.
- Knee joint surgical techniques and strategies 2012, SpringerPushed by the progress of biology, technology and biomechanics, knee surgery has dramatically evolved in the last decades. This book is a "state of the art" concerning all aspects of knee surgery from ligament reconstruction to Total Knee Arthroplasty. An international panel of renowned authors have worked on this didactic fully illustrated book. It will help young surgeons to understand basic sciences and modern sugical techniques. The experienced surgeon will find help to deal with difficult cases and clarifications in recent technologic advances such as cartilage surgery, navigation and mini invasive surgery.
- Knee ligament injuries extraarticular surgical techniques 2014, SpringerKnee ligament injuries are very common and are frequently sports related, although they may arise from trauma experienced during everyday activities. This book provides in-depth descriptions of the extra articular surgical techniques that may be employed when performing ligament reconstruction in patients with injuries involving the posterolateral and posteromedial corners of the knee. It is intended as a practical, how to manual that will be of value for both the trainee and the more experienced surgeon. Many of the techniques relate to the central pivot of the knee, i.e. the anterior and posterior cruciate ligaments. For each technique, indications, presurgical planning, postsurgical follow-up and complications are discussed in addition to the surgical details. Numerous tips and pearls are provided and the techniques are clearly depicted in informative high-quality illustrations.
- Knee surgery using computer assisted surgery and robotics 2013, SpringerThis book discusses the full range of current applications of computer-assisted surgery and robotics in the field of knee surgery, and also considers potential future applications. The impact of computer-assisted surgery on a wide range of surgical procedures is clearly explained. Procedures considered include total knee arthroplasty, unicompartmental knee arthroplasty, cruciate ligament reconstruction, patellofemoral arthroplasty, and revision surgery. In each case, technical aspects are thoroughly addressed in a readily understandable manner. Knee Surgery Using Computer-Assisted Surgery and Robotics will be an ideal guide to this exciting field for both novice and more experienced surgeons who treat knee injuries and disorders.
- Learning musculoskeletal imaging 2010, Springer
- Lovell and Winter's pediatric orthopaedics. editors, Stuart L. Weinstine and John M. (Jack) Flynn.. 7th ed. 2014, Ovid"Now in its updated Seventh Edition, Lovell and Winter's Pediatric Orthopaedics remains a must-have for physicians and residents treating infants, children, and adolescents with orthopaedic problems. This classic, comprehensive reference covers the basic science, clinical manifestations, and management of orthopaedic problems in children. Now in full color, the foremost orthopaedists examine normal musculoskeletal development and the causes, diagnosis, and treatment of the entire range of abnormalities, with emphasis on evidence-based decision making in treatment selection. The clinical chapters include pearls and pitfalls and a description of the author's preferred approach. The book will now cover surgical techniques of management with step-by-step illustrations from the Atlas of Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgery."-- Provided by publisher.
- Technical advances in musculoskeletal imaging -- Surface coil imaging -- The hip -- The knee -- The ankle and foot -- Entrapment neuropathies of the lower extremity -- Articular cartilage -- The shoulder -- The elbow -- The wrist and hand -- MR imaging of the fingers -- Entrapment neuropathies of the upper extremity -- Marrow imaging -- Bone and soft-tissue tumors.
- Magnetic resonance imaging of the bone marrow 2013, SpringerPart I. Histology and Normal Bone Marrow -- Histology of Normal Bone and Bone Marrow, and Their Main Disorders / Reiner Bartl -- MR Imaging of the Normal Bone Marrow and Normal Variants / Bruno C. Vande Berg, P. Omoumi, C. Galant, N. Michoux, and F. E. Lecouvet -- Part II. Bone Marrow Neoplasia -- Haematological Bone Marrow Malignancies / Sung Kim, Kathleen Carrigan, and Michael Mulligan -- MRI of Bone Metastases / Gerwin Paul Schmidt and Andrea Baur-Melnyk -- Multiple Myeloma / Andrea Baur-Melnyk and Melvin D'Anastasi -- MRI for Response Assessment in Oncologic Bone Marrow Lesions / F. Lecouvet, P. Omoumi, A. Larbi, B. Tombal, N. Michoux, B. Vande Berg, and J. Malghem -- Differentiation of Benign and Malignant Vertebral Compression Fractures / Andrea Baur-Melnyk and Tobias Geith -- Part III. Benign Processes Affecting the Bone Marrow -- Diseases of the Reticuloendothelial System / Robert Hemke and Mario Maas -- Anemias and Bone Marrow Insufficiency / Iris-Melanie Noebauer-Huhmann and Martin Uffmann -- Osteonecrosis and Bone Infarction / Anastasia Fotiadou and Apostolos Karantanas -- Bone Marrow Edema Syndrome / Alain Blum, Sophie Lecocq, Matthias Louis, and Pedro Teixeira -- Bone Marrow Changes in Acute and Chronic Trauma / Filip M. Vanhoenacker, Michiel Eyselbergs, and Annick Demeyere -- Infective Inflammatory Bone Disease / Klaus Bohndorf and Hassan Douis -- Non-Infective Inflammatory Bone Marrow Disease / Bernhard J. Tins and Victor N. Cassar-Pullicino -- Part IV. Technical Aspects in Bone Marrow Imaging -- Techniques for Diffusion and Perfusion Assessment in Bone-Marrow MRI / Olaf Dietrich -- Magnetic Resonance Imaging of the Bone Marrow Contrast Media for Bone Marrow Imaging / Daniel Golovko, Elizabeth Sutton, and Heike E. Daldrup-Link.
View by page
- 5-minute orthopaedic consult. 2nd ed. — Disorders of the shoulder diagnosis & management. 2nd ed. (126)
- Distal radius fractures current concepts — Magnetic resonance imaging of the bone marrow (126)
- Magnetic resonance imaging of the knee — Pitfalls in cervical spine surgery avoidance and management of complications (126)
- Pocket guide to musculoskeletal diagnosis — Young adult hip in sport (123)
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Access restricted to Stanford community
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
Can't find it?
Look if we have it in print
- Springer Protocols
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.Large number of high quality software and database programming titles from O'Reilly. Other software titles are also available from Sams and Prentice Hall. Limited to 7 concurrent users.Vast collection of software and database programming titles from multiple publishers, including Microsoft Press.Largest provider of engineering-related eBooks; includes titles in computer science and biomedical engineering.Over 4,000 full-text e-books covering scientific and technical information from CRC Press and others. Many handbooks and single volume reference sources.A repository of medical knowledge from internal medicine, cardiology, genetics, pharmacy, diagnosis and management, basic sciences, patient care, and more. Continuously expanding, all databases in the repository contain the latest editions of selected medical titles.Includes peer-reviewed life science and biomedical research protocols compiled from Methods in Molecular Biology, Methods in Molecular Medicine, Methods in Biotechnology, Methods in Pharmacology and Toxicology, Neuromethods, the Biomethods Handbook, the Proteomics Handbook, and Springer Laboratory Manuals.Contains full text access to selected biomedical and nursing books.Provides one-click access to important clinical resources; includes evidence-based diagnosis and treatment guidelines, Books, EBM articles, Ovid MEDLINE, Drug facts and comparisons, Drug interaction facts, guidelines from National Guideline Clearinghouse, patient handouts (English and Spanish), and local content.ClinicalKey provides access to textbooks, electronic journals, practice guidelines, drug information, and patient education handouts.A collection of biomedical books that can be searched directly by concept, and linked to terms in PubMed abstracts.Provides online, full-text access to Springer's journal titles as well as journals from other publishers. Subjects include: life sciences, chemical sciences, environmental sciences, geosciences, computer science, mathematics, medicine, physics and astronomy, engineering and economics. Also includes eBooks.Collection of over 8 thousand fulltext titles in engineering, math, and basic and applied biomedical research. Coverage is from 1967 to the present.A library of ebooks on a wide array of topics, digitized and made available online in conjunction with the original publishers.