Books by Subject
- 5-minute orthopaedic consult. 2nd ed. — Complications in knee and shoulder surgery (102)
- Comprehensive anatomy of motor functions — International advances in foot and ankle surgery (102)
- International perspectives on spinal cord injury — Pediatric bone sarcomas (102)
- Pediatric bone. 2nd ed. — Young adult hip in sport (99)
OrthopedicsAccess restricted to Stanford unless otherwise noted
- 5-minute orthopaedic consult. 2nd ed. 2007, Ovid
- AAOS Atlas of orthoses and assistive devices. 4th ed. 2008, ClinicalKey
- Abnormal skeletal phenotypes 2005, Springer
- Achilles tendon 2007, Springer
- ACL handbook 2013, Springer
- ACL-deficient knee 2013, Springer"The ACL-Deficient Knee: A Problem Solving Approach, focuses on problem analysis and problem solving, as well as analyzing the possibility of prevention. In each chapter, the biomechanics, anatomy, etc. that are relevant to the topic are reviewed. There are chapters where highly specialized surgical techniques are presented (v. gr. double bundle reconstruction or meniscal transplant), as well as developing areas such as ACL tears in children, where we are finding a growing number of injuries due to the increase of sports at early ages."--publisher's website
- Acute and chronic finger injuries in ball sports 2013, SpringerNeglected finger injuries may lead to chronic lesions that often have detrimental consequences for the practice of a ball sport, whether at a recreational level or at the top athlete level. The initial injury management is crucial. Depending on the type and the severity of the lesions, different people may get involved: the players themselves or their entourage, physiotherapists, club doctors, emergency physicians, family doctors, sports doctors or hand surgeons. Treatment is usually conservative: the long fingers require rapid mobilization to prevent stiffness and contrary to that, the thumb requires stability. Surgery may be necessary to reach these goals especially for athletes, because of the demands of their sport. Chronic lesions are also in part related to repeated trauma, requiring specialized long-term multidisciplinary treatment. They can often lead to the end of a sporting career, but also may limit the functionality of the fingers at the time of conversion.
- Acute muscle injuries 2014, Springer
- Adult and pediatric spine. 3rd ed. 2004, Ovid
- Adult hip. 2nd ed. 2007, Ovid
- Adult reconstruction 2007, Ovid
- Adult reconstruction & arthroplasty 2007, ClinicalKeyTotal hip arthroplasty / Sharat K. Kusuma and Jonathan P. Garino -- Total knee arthroplasty / Javad Parvisi, Peter Sharkey, and James A. Sanfilippo -- Ankle arthroplasty / Sudheer Reddy, David I. Pedowitz, and Enyi Okereke -- Shoulder arthroplasty / Joseph A. Abboud, Charles L. Getz, and Gerald R. Williams, Jr. -- Elbow arthroplasty / Bradford Parsons, Sudheer Reddy, and Matthew L. Ramsey --Total joint replacement. Effects of materials and designs on osteolysis / Ian C. Clarke, Thomas Donaldson, and Christopher Jobe ; Greater expectations and greater loads : implications for biomechanics / Edward Ebramzadeh, Sophia N. Sangiorgio, and Ian C. Clarke -- Joint kinematics and biomechanics of the hip and knee / Craig L. Israelite ... [et al.] -- Joint biology / David Glaser -- Biology of bone graft / Gregory F. Carolan, Kingsley R. Chin, and Matthew Werger -- Joint anatomy / Mark I. Froimson, Robert Molloy, and Steve Maschke -- Arthritis / Neil P. Sheth and Charles L. Nelson -- Preoperative assessment / William G. Hamilton and Ehsan Tabaraee --Total wrist arthroplasty / David J. Bozentka and Robert B. Carrigan -- Arthroplasty in the joints of the hand / Pedro K. Beredjiklian, Virak Tan, and Sanjiv Naidu -- Limb salvage techniques in lower extremity segmental bone defects / Harish S. Hosalkar, Kristofer J. Jones, and Richard D. Lackman -- Outcomes assessment / Norman A. Johanson and Douglas L. Cerynik -- Particle disease and implant allergy / Nadim J. Hallab and Joshua J. Jacobs.
- Advances in bone metastasis management 2012, Future MedAdvances in bone metastasis management / Piero Picci & Pietro Ruggieri -- Pathways to metastases : how do metastases develop in bone / Jeff Toreson & Robert E. Turcotte -- Metastatic spread to bone : the role of chemotherapy / Stefano Ferrari, Emanuela Palmerini, Andreas F. Mavrogenis & Pietro Ruggieri -- Bone stroma inhibition in prostate cancer / Michael A. Carducci & Daniel Keizman -- Management of bone metastases in breast cancer / Toni Ibrahim & Dino Amadori -- Radiotherapy for bone metastases / Julia Di Giovanni, Janet Nguyen, Marko Popovic & Edward Chow -- Bisphosphonates for bone metastases / Esther Chan & Urban Emmenegger -- Surgical treatment for spinal metastases / Roberto Casadei, Andreas F. Mavrogenis, Marco Manfrini & Pietro Ruggieri -- Surgical treatment for pelvic bone metastases / Andreas F Mavrogenis, Eugenio Brunocilla, Giuseppe Bianchi, Nicola Fabbri & Pietro Ruggieri -- Surgical treatment for metastatic pathological fractures / Andreas F. Mavrogenis, Roberto Casadei & Pietro Ruggieri -- Palliative treatments : selective arterial embolization for bone metastases / Giuseppe Rossi, Andreas F. Mavrogenis, Piero Picci & Pietro Ruggieri -- Palliative treatments : electrochemotherapy and thermoablation / Giuseppe Bianchi, Laura Campanacci, Eugenio Rimondi & Pietro Ruggieri -- Novel targeted therapies of bone tumors and future directions / Dominique Heymann -- Index.
- Advances in spinal fusion 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Aging spine 2005, Springer
- Amputation, prosthesis use, and phantom limb pain 2010, Springer
- Ankle arthroscopy 2014, SpringerAnkle injuries are often sport related and pose a diagnostic and therapeutic challenge. Over the past 25 years, Niek van Dijk, founder of the Amsterdam Foot and Ankle School and author of this book, has developed a new philosophy of ankle arthroscopy. It entails a comprehensive approach which includes various diagnostic strategies and the application of a number of minimally invasive endoscopic techniques. The procedures are based on research programs and long-term outcome studies performed at the Orthopaedic Research Center Amsterdam. Use of these techniques has spread throughout the world; they are now recognized as the state of the art and have been used to treat many leading professional athletes. This diagnostic and operating manual presents the Amsterdam Foot and Ankle School approach for a wide variety of ankle and hindfoot problems. Clear step-by-step instructions are provided with the help of numerous high-quality illustrations, most of which are in color. Access to a web-based educational site is also available to readers.
- Ankle in football 2014, SpringerThis book creates a unique platform that covers main ankle pathologies specifically related with football. Experiences from professional players have been combined with evidence-based medical content from renowned experts in the field to present a comprehensive picture on ankle injuries in football. Worldwide, ankle injuries present a high burden for sports medicine physicians, physiotherapists, players, and coaches in and around the football pitch. This book contains updated content for both medical and nonmedical individuals involved with football.
- Anterior cruciate ligament 2007, ClinicalKeyMaster the very latest clinical and technical information on the full range of anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction techniques. Both inside the remarkably user-friendly printed version of this Expert Consult title and on its fully searchable web site, you'll find detailed coverage of hamstring, allograft and bone-tendon-bone (BTB) ACL reconstruction (including single versus double bundle techniques), and hamstring graft harvesting; plus fixation devices, rehabilitation, revision ACLR surgery, and much more! Surgical technique videos on the bonus DVD help you hone and refine your skill set under the expert guidance of the leading authorities in the field. A "dream team" of ACL surgeons provides the advanced guidance you need to overcome the toughest challenges in this area. A comparison of the full range of graft options for ACL reconstruction makes it easier to choose the best approach for each patient. State-of-the-art information on the latest principles and technical considerations helps you avoid complications. ₁How to' principles of post-op rehabilitation and revision ACL surgery optimize patient outcome. The bonus DVD helps you hone and refine your surgical technique under the expert guidance of a "who's who" in ACL surgery. Access to the full contents of the book online enables you to consult it from any computer and perform rapid searches. Also available in an upgradeable premium online version including fully searchable text PLUS timely updates.
- Anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction 2014, SpringerThis practical and instructional guidebook, written by international experts in anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) reconstruction, covers all challenging aspects of ACL rupture in the acute and chronic setting. It covers the latest, spectacular anatomical findings, treatment of partial ACL tears, various techniques for single- and double-bundle ACL reconstruction, and complex ACL revision surgery. Important surgical steps are clearly described with the help of instructive, high-quality photographs. Important tips, tricks, and pitfalls are highlighted and intra- and postoperative complications, rehabilitation, and prevention of re-rupture are discussed. All authors are prominent and experienced ACL surgeons.
- Anterior knee pain and patellar instability. 2nd ed. 2011, SpringerBackground: Patellofemoral Malalignment Versus Tissue Homeostasis Myths and Truths About Patellofemoral Disease -- In Search of the Etiology of Anterior Knee Pain -- Biological Causes of Anterior Knee Pain -- Pathogenesis of Anterior Knee Pain in the Active Young: Is There a Relation Between the Presence of Patellofemoral Malalignment and Pain? What Have We Learned from Realignment Surgery? -- Unilateral Anterior Knee Pain as a Sign of Knee Asymmetry -- Biomechanical Bases for Anterior Knee Pain and Patellar Instability -- Anatomy of Patellar Dislocation -- Evaluation of the Patient with Anterior Knee Pain and Patellar Instability -- Influence of Psychological Factors on Pain and Disability in Anterior Knee Pain Patients -- Uncommon Causes of Anterior Knee Pain -- Risk Factors and Prevention of Anterior Knee Pain -- Non-operative Treatment of Athletes with Anterior Knee Pain: Science, Classical, and New Ideas -- Conservative Management of Anterior Knee Pain: The McConnell Program -- Skeletal Malalignment and Anterior Knee Pain: Rationale, Diagnosis, and Management -- Patellar Tendinopathy: Where Does the Pain Come From? -- Biochemical Causes of Patellar Tendinopathy? -- The Pathophysiology of Patellofemoral Arthritis -- Prevention of Anterior Knee Pain After Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction -- Anterior Knee Pain with Special Emphasis on the Clinical, Radiographic, Histological, Ultrastructural, and Biochemical Aspects After Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction Using Autografts -- Imaging and Musculoskeletal Modeling to Investigate the Mechanical Etiology of Patellofemoral Pain -- Computational Models for Investigating the Patellofemoral Joint: Clinical Relevance.Kinetic Analysis: A Sensitive Outcome Objective Measurement Method in Evaluating Lateral Patellar Instability A Preliminary Study -- Kinetic and Kinematic Analysis in Evaluating Patients with Anterior Knee Pain -- Failure of Patellofemoral Surgery: Analysis of Clinical Cases -- Neuromatous Knee Pain: Evaluation and Management -- Kinetic and Kinematic Analysis of Iatrogenic Medial Patellar Instability: Clinical Relevance -- Ultrasound and Doppler-Guided Arthroscopic Shaving for the Treatment of Patellar Tendinopathy/Jumper's Knee: Biological Background and Description of Method -- Arthroscopic Patellar Denervation for Anterior Knee Pain -- Reconstruction of the Medial Patellofemoral Ligament: How I Do It -- Reconstruction of the Medial Patellofemoral Ligament: How I Do It -- MPFL Reconstruction: Principles and Complications -- Reconstruction of the Lateral Patellofemoral Ligament: How I Do It -- Reconstruction of the Lateral Patellofemoral Ligament: How I Do It -- Osteotomies Around the Patellofemoral Joint -- Sulcus Deepening Trochleoplasty -- Rotational Tibial Osteotomy -- Rotational Femoral Osteotomy -- Patella Infera and Patella Alta -- Combined Tibial Tubercle Realignment and MPFL Reconstruction -- Anteromedial Tibial Tubercle Osteotomy (Fulkerson Osteotomy) -- The Patella Thinning Osteotomy: A New Technique for Patellofemoral Arthritis -- Cartilage Restoration in the Patellofemoral Joint -- Autologous Osteochondral Mosaicplasty -- Patellofemoral Allografts -- Patellofemoral Arthroplasty: Pearls and Pitfalls -- The Patellofemoral Arthroplasty: The Great Solution, the Great Problem -- A Philosophy of the Patellofemoral Joint: A Logical Clinical Approach -- Epilogue.
- Arthritis & arthroplasty. The Foot and ankle 2010, ClinicalKeyAnkle arthritis: preoperative considerations -- Evaluation of the arthritic ankle and foot -- Ankle arthritis etiology and prevention -- Nonoperative management of ankle arthritis -- Functional assessment of patients with ankle arthritis -- Young arthritic ankle: treatment options -- Ankle arthroscopy -- Tibial osteotomy for ankle arthritis -- Allograft resurfacing of the tibiotalar joint -- Distraction arthroplasty for the treatment of ankle arthritis -- Young arthritic ankle: treatment options in arthrodesis -- Primary ankle replacement -- Challenging primary total ankle arthroplasty -- Use of total ankle arthroplasty in the varus or valgus ankle -- Associated angulatory (tibia and fibula) deformities -- Challenging total ankle arthroplasty: management of associated foot pathology -- Complications of total ankle arthroplasty: avoidance and treatment -- Recurrent varus following total ankle arthroplasty -- Recurrent valgus following total ankle arthroplasty -- Syndesmosis fusion in the agility total ankle arthroplasty -- Periprosthetic fractures: intraoperative and postoperative -- Infection in total ankle arthroplasty -- Infection following total ankle arthroplasty -- Revision total ankle arthroplasty -- Diagnosis and classification of bone defects: the effect on total ankle arthroplasty -- Recognition and salvage of the failed ankle replacement arthroplasty -- Longevity of modern ankle replacement arthroplasty: survivorship and mechanisms of failure -- Revision of total ankle replacement -- Conversion of a failed total ankle replacement to an ankle fusion: indications and technique -- Subtalar arthritis -- Nonoperative treatment -- Arthroscopy of the subtalar joint -- Subtalar fusion -- Arthrodesis with realignment -- Acquired flatfoot -- Adult acquired flatfoot: nonoperative treatment -- Tendon transfers for acquired posterior tibial tendon deficiency -- Treatment of stage 2 posterior tibial tendon dysfunction -- Treatment of the stage 4 flatfoot -- Tarsometatarsal arthritis -- Midfoot arthritis: nonoperative treatment and arthrodesis -- Great toe (metatarsophalangeal joint) arthritis -- Hallux rigidus etiology -- Hallux rigidus: conservative treatment -- Surgical treatment -- Cheilectomy and phalangeal osteotomy -- Interpositional grafting -- Fusion: when and how -- Replacement: unipolar options and rationale -- Replacement: bipolar options and rationale -- Failed great toe arthroplasty -- Surgical management of failed great toe arthroplasty.
- Arthritis & arthroplasty. The Hand, wrist and elbow 2010, ClinicalKeyDiagnosis, evaluation, and conservative treatment of posttraumatic arthritis and osteoarthritis of the wrist /Mathew Blake, Jonathan E. Isaacs --The role of arthroscopic evaluation and debridement in wrist arthritis /Laura E. Gill, A. Bobby Chhabra --Partial and complete denervation of the wrist /David Schnur --Posttraumatic radiocarpal arthritis /Jonathan E. Isaacs, Travis M. Hendry --SLAC and SNAC wrist /Warren Hammert --Scaphotrapeziotrapezoidal (STT) arthritis /Jack Ingari --Ulnar impaction syndrome /Sarah Pettrone ... [et al.] --Distal radioulnar joint arthritis /Paul Nassab, Jonathan E. Isaacs --Total wrist arthrodesis and total wrist arthroplasty /Steven D. Maschke, Thomas J. Graham --Rheumatoid and other inflammatory arthritides of the wrist /Marco Rizzo --Surgical treatment of the arthritic wrist : the future /Joshua P. Moss, Peter J. Stern --Distal interphalangeal joint arthritis /James Fletcher --Proximal interphalangeal joint arthritis /Stephen J. Leibovic --Metacarpophalangeal arthritis /John Thaller --Thumb carpometacarpal arthritis /Peter G. Fitzgibbons, Arnold-Peter C. Weiss --The future of treatment for arthritis of the hand /Scott A. Eisenhuth, A. Bobby Chhabra --Arthroscopic treatment of the arthritic elbow /Sara D. Rynders, Chad. R. Manke --Surgical treatment of the elbow : surgical options and indications /Travis M. Hendry, Robert Chadderdon, N. Douglas Boardman III --Ulnohumeral arthroplasty /Dan A. Zlotolow, Michael O'Brien --Resurfacing elbow replacement arthroplasty /Rick Papandrea, Peter Evans --Total elbow arthroplasty /Cay Mierisch, Cassandra Mierisch --Revision total elbow arthroplasty /N. Douglas Boardman III --Interposition arthroplasty of the elbow /César J. Bravo --Elbow arthrodesis /Namory D. Bagayoko, A. Bobby Chhabra --The future : surgical options for the arthritic elbow /R.A. Gallo, A.H. Payatakes, D.G. Sotereanos.
- Arthritis & arthroplasty. The Hip 2009, ClinicalKeyEtiology of Hip Arthritis -- Etiology of Hip Arthritis -- Preoperative Planning for Hip Surgery -- Hip Arthroscopy -- Surgical Dislocation of the Adult Hip for Treatment of Femoroacetabular Impingement -- Periacetabular Osteotomy -- Proximal Femoral Osteotomy -- Salvage Osteotomy -- Arthrodesis -- The Primary Cemented Femoral Stem -- Current Designs of Uncemented Total Hip Arthroplasty -- Acetabular Component Options in Total Hip Arthroplasty -- Bearing Options in Total Hip Arthroplasty -- Hip Resurfacing Arthroplasty -- Hip Resurfacing Arthroplasty -- Total Hip Arthroplasty in Developmental Dysplasia of the Hip -- Total Hip Arthroplasty : Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis -- Proximal Femoral Deformity -- Proximal Femoral Deformity -- Proximal Femur Fracture : The Challenging Primary Total Hip Arthroplasty -- Rationale and Expectations -- Mini-Posterior Total Hip Arthroplasty -- Mini Lateral Approach Total Hip Arthroplasty : The Anterolateral Approach (Modified Hardinge) -- Single-Incision Direct Anterior Approach for Total Hip Arthroplasty -- The Minimally Invasive Total Hip Arthroplasty with Two Incisions -- Treatment Options for Osteonecrosis of the Hip -- Limb-Length Discrepancy after Total Hip Arthroplasty : Avoidance and Treatment -- Neurovascular Injury : Avoidance and Treatment -- Instability after Total Hip Arthroplasty : Issues, Avoidance, and Treatment -- Periprosthetic Fractures around Total Hip Arthroplasty : Evaluation and Management -- Evaluation and Treatment of Infected Total Hip Arthroplasty -- Infected Total Hip Arthroplasty : Future Problems and Potential Solutions -- Component Removal : Tricks of the Trade -- Diaphyseal Fixation : Providing Durable Femoral Revisions with Extensively Porous Coated Stems -- Cemented Long Stems for Revision Total Hip Arthroplasty : Do's and Don'ts -- Impaction Grafting of the Femur -- Tapered, Fluted Femoral Fixation -- Allograft-Prosthesis Composites -- Megaprosthesis for Severe Femoral Bone Loss : Heavy Metal -- Liner Exchange and Surgical Treatment of Osteolysi -- Hemispheric Press-Fit Components : The Workhorse -- Triflange Acetabular Components : Last Hurrah.
- Arthritis & arthroplasty. The Knee 2009, ClinicalKeyArthroscopic Debridement of the Arthritic Knee : Is There Still a Role? -- Cartilage Repair and Replacement : From Osteochondral Autograft Transfer to Allograft -- Distal Femoral Osteotomy for Genu Valgum -- Principles of Correction for Monocompartmental Arthritis of the Knee -- Unicompartmental Knee Arthroplasty -- Patellofemoral Arthroplasty -- Surgical Approaches for Primary Total Knee Arthroplasty : Old and New -- Soft Tissue Balancing during Total Knee Arthroplasty -- Sizing and Balancing : Gap Technique versus Measured Resection -- Posterior Cruciate Ligament Retaining Total Knee Arthroplasty -- Posterior Stabilized Total Knee Arthroplasty -- Mobile-Bearing Total Knee Arthroplasty -- Intraoperative Complications during Total Knee Arthroplasty : How to Get Out of Trouble -- Minimally Invasive Total Knee Arthroplasty -- Evaluation of the Painful/Failed Total Knee Arthroplasty -- Soft Tissue Issues : Exposure and Coverage -- Surgical Exposure in Total Knee Arthroplasty -- Removal of Well-Fixed Components during Revision Total Knee Arthroplasty -- Balancing the Revision Total Knee Arthroplasty : Restraint with Constraint -- Management of Bone Loss : Structural Grafts in Revision Total Knee Arthroplasty -- Addressing Ligament Deficiency in Revision Total Knee Arthroplasty -- Adjunctive Fixation in Total Knee Arthroplasty Revision : Stems and Sleeves -- Revision Total Knee Arthroplasty Using Mobile-Bearing Technology -- Patella Revision/Reconstruction -- The Infected Primary Total Knee Arthroplasty -- Patellofemoral Maltracking : Identification and Solutions -- Extensor Mechanism Rupture -- Extensor Mechanism Rupture -- The Stiff Total Knee Arthroplasty : Evaluation and Treatment -- Periprosthetic Fractures about Total Knee Replacements : Repair or Revise -- Limb Salvage for Failed Total Knee Arthroplasty : Arthrodesis and Beyond.
- Arthritis & arthroplasty. The Shoulder 2009, ClinicalKeyArthritis and arthroplasty of shoulder -- Etiology, diagnosis, and non-operative treatment of the arthritic shoulder -- Surgical options in shoulder arthritis -- Debridement, chondroplasty, and soft tissue releases -- Evolution of shoulder arthroplasty -- Partial surface replacements: indications, techniques, and results -- Humeral head resurfacing: indications, technique, and results -- Hemiarthroplasty for arthritis -- Interpositional arthroplasty -- Total shoulder arthroplasty in primary osteoarthritis: technique and results -- Total shoulder arthroplasty: technical considerations -- Soft tissue releases and glenoid exposure -- Glenoid bone loss treated with bone grafts -- Rotator cuff deficient arthritic shoulder -- Rehabilitation after shoulder arthroplasty -- Disease-specific options -- Arthroplasty in rheumatologic conditions: special considerations -- Total shoulder arthroplasty or hemiarthroplasty for arthritis: current trends and technical considerations -- Shoulder arthroplasty in post-traumatic arthroplasty: technique and results -- Arthroplasty for arthritis after instability, including post-capsulorrhaphy and chronic dislocations -- Avascular necrosis of the shoulder -- Reverse shoulder arthroplasty: indications, technique, and results -- Reverse shoulder prosthesis for acute and chronic fractures -- Complications and revision -- Complications of conventional shoulder arthroplasty -- Complications and treatment of reverse shoulder prosthesis -- Infection: diagnosis and treatment options -- Soft tissue failure after arthroplasty: rotator cuff and subscapularis -- Glenoid loosening: diagnosis and treatment -- Revision shoulder arthroplasty: technical considerations and outcomes -- Reverse shoulder arthroplasty in revision shoulder arthroplasty.
- Arthritis & arthroplasty. The Spine 2010, ClinicalKeyPreoperative Evaluation of the Spine -- Imaging of the Spine -- Pathophysiology of Degenerative Processes of the Spine -- Cervical Disc Degeneration -- Treatment of Axial Neck Pain -- Cervical Radiculopathy -- Cervical Myelopathy -- Posttraumatic Arthritis of the Cervical Spine : Operative and Nonoperative Management -- Posttraumatic Deformities of the Cervical Spine : Operative Management -- Rheumatoid Arthritis of the Cervical Spine -- Rheumatoid Arthritis of the Cervical Spine -- Surgical Management of Thoracic Stenosis with Myelopathy -- Video-Assisted Thoracoscopy for the Treatment of Thoracic Degenerative Disorders -- Microdiscectomy for the Treatment of the Herniated Lumbar Disc -- Far Lateral Lumbar Disc Herniations -- Lumbar Laminectomy for the Treatment of Spinal Stenosis -- Indications for Fusion for Degenerative Disorders of the Lumbar Spine -- Instrumentation of the Lumbar Spine for Degenerative Disorders -- Posterior Approach for the Treatment of Lumbar Degenerative Disorders : Axial Back Pain -- Anterior Approach for the Treatment of Lumbar Degenerative Disorders : Axial Back Pain -- Anteroposterior Approach for the Treatment of Lumbar Degenerative Disorders : Axial Back Pain -- Posterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion for Degenerative Disorders of the Spine -- Extreme Lateral Approach for Degenerative Disorders of the Spine -- Management of Postoperative Lumbar Wound Infections --How to Choose the Surgical Approach for the Treatment of De Novo Scoliosis -- Posterior Laminectomy without Fusion for the Treatment of De Novo Scoliosis -- Fusion in Adult Scoliosis -- Sacropelvic Instrumentation for Disorders of the Thoracolumbar Spine -- Osteotomies for Degenerative Disorders of the Thoracolumbar Spine -- Spinal Deformities in Ankylosing Spondylitis : Surgical Management -- Instrumentation in the Osteoporotic Spine -- Nonunion of the Cervical Spine : Anterior and Posterior Treatment -- Junctional Degeneration of the Cervical Spine -- Postlaminectomy Kyphosis : Anterior, Posterior, and Combined Approaches -- Failure of Cervical Spine Instrumentation -- Adjacent-Level Degeneration of the Lumbar Spine after Lumbar Fusion -- Failure of Lumbar Spine Instrumentation -- Evaluation and Management of Postoperative Wound Infections of the Anterior and Posterior Spine -- Management of Cerebrospinal Fluid Leaks in the Lumbar Spine -- Vertebroplasty for the Treatment of Vertebral Body Fractures -- Kyphoplasty for the Treatment of Vertebral Body Fractures -- Posterior Minimally Invasive Decompressive Techniques for the Cervical Spine -- Posterior Minimally Invasive Decompressive Techniques for the Lumbar Spine -- Minimally Invasive Surgical Techniques for Pedicle Screw Placement -- Posterior Minimal Incision Interbody Fusion Techniques for the Lumbar Spine -- Posterior Motion-Sparing Instrumentation and Interspinous Devices for the Treatment of Degenerative Disorders of the Lumbar Spine -- Disc Arthroplasty for the Treatment of Degenerative Disorders of the Lumbar Spine -- Facet Joint Replacement for the Treatment of Degenerative Disorders of the Spine -- Use of Nucleus Replacement for the Treatment of Degenerative Disorders of the Lumbar Spine.
- Arthroscopic and endoscopic spinal surgery. 2nd ed. 2005, SpringerFrom cauterization to arthroscopic and endoscopic spine surgery / Parviz Kambin -- Arthroscopic and endoscopic anatomy of the lumbar spine / Parviz Kambin -- Instruments and surgical approaches for minimally invasive spinal surgery via a posterolateral access / Parviz Kambin -- Herniated lumbar disc and lumbar radiculopathy / Parviz Kambin -- Management of discogenic pain and spinal instability using minimally invasive surgical techniques / Parviz Kambin -- Lateral recess stenosis of the lumbar spine foraminoplasty / Parviz Kambin -- The role of the epidural and radicular veins in chronic back pain and radiculopathy / Wesley W. Parke -- Diagnostic and therapeutic percutaneous transpedicular approaches to the spine / Alexander G. Hadjipavlou ... [et al.] -- Selective endoscopic discectomy : twelve years experience / Anthony T. Yeung -- Minimally invasive posterior fusion and internal fixation with ATAVI system / Richard D. Guyer and Terry P. Corbin -- Vertebral augmentation for osteoporotic compression fractures / Isador H. Lieberman and Daisuke Toga -- Principles of transthoracic, transperitoneal, and retroperitoneal endoscopic techniques to the thoracic and lumbar spine / Geoffrey M. McCullen and Hansen A. Yuan -- Use of the laser in minimally invasive spinal surgery and pain management / John C. Chiu and Martin H. Savitz --Minimally invasive techniques in pain management / James Reynolds and Garrett Kine -- Experience with minimally invasive nucleus replacement / Michele Marcolongo ... [et al.] -- Interspinous process implant for the treatment of lateral and central spinal stenosis : operative technique and results / Douglas Wardlaw -- Frameless stereotactic imaging techniques in minimally invasive spine surgery / Alexander R. Vaccaro, Kern Singh, and Laurence N. Fitzhenry -- The rise and the fall of chemonucleolysis / James W. Simmons, Jr. and Robert D. Fraser -- Lumbar microendoscopic discectomy / Trent L. Tredway and Richard Fessler.
- Arthroscopic management of distal radius fractures 2010, SpringerArthroscopic Management of DRUJ Instability Following TFCC Ulnar Tears / Andrea Atzei -- Radial Side Tear of the Triangular Fibrocartilage Complex / Toshiyasu Nakamura -- Arthroscopic Management of Scapholunate Dissociation / Tommy Lindau -- Lunotriquetral and Extrinsic Ligaments Lesions Associated with Distal Radius Fractures / Didier Fontès -- Management of Concomitant Scaphoid Fractures / Christophe Mathoulin -- Perilunate Dislocations and Fracture Dislocations/Radiocarpal Dislocations and Fracture Dislocations / Mark Henry -- The Role of Arthroscopy in Postfracture Stiffness / Riccardo Luchetti -- Treatment of the Associated Ulnar-Sided Problems / Pier Paolo Borelli and Riccardo Luchetti -- Arthroscopic-Assisted Osteotomy for Intraarticular Malunion of the Distal Radius / Francisco del Piñal -- The Role of Arthroscopic Arthrodesis and Minimal Invasive Surgery in the Salvage of the Arthritic Wrist : Midcarpal Joint / Joseph F. Slade -- Arthroscopic Radiocarpal Fusion for Post-Traumatic Radiocarpal Arthrosis / Ho Pak-Cheong.
- Arthroscopic management of ulnar pain 2012, Springer
- Articular cartilage defects of the knee 2012, Springer1. Regeneration of Articular Cartilage of the Knee: Basic Concepts / E. Carlos Rodríguez-Merchán and Hortensia De la Corte-García -- 2. Articular Cartilage Defects of the Knee: Diagnosis and Treatment / Michael Heim and Israel Dudkiewicz -- 3. Imaging Techniques of Articular Cartilage / Carmen Martín-Hervás -- 4. Refixation of Detached Fragments / Eduardo García-Rey -- 5. Debridement, Joint Lavage and Cartilage Shaving / Alonso Moreno-García -- 6. Drilling, Abrasion and Microfractures / José L. Leal-Helmling and Santiago Bello-Prats -- 7. Osteochondral Transplantation and Mosaicplasty / Julián Fernández-González -- 8. Autologous Chondrocyte Implantation / Primitivo Gómez-Cardero, E. Carlos Rodríguez-Merchán, and Ángel Martínez-Lloreda -- 9. Alignment Osteotomies / E. Carlos Rodríguez-Merchán and Hortensia De la Corte-García -- 10. Rehabilitation of Chondral Lesions of the Knee / Hortensia De la Corte-Rodríguez, Juan M. Román-Belmonte, and Hortensia De la Corte-García -- 11. Medical Treatment: Intra-Articular Injections of Hyaluronic Acid / E. Carlos Rodríguez-Merchán and Hortensia De la Corte-García.
- Athlete's shoulder. 2nd ed. 2009, ClinicalKeyThe latest edition of this in-depth look at athletic injuries of the shoulder has been updated to feature 16 new chapters, additional illustrations and algorithms, an added focus on arthroscopic treatments, and pearls that highlight key information. Additional contributing authors give you a fresh spin on new and old topics from rehabilitation exercises to special coverage of female athletes, pediatrics, and golfers. This book offers coverage of arthroscopy, total joint replacement, instability, football, tennis, swimming, and gymnastic injuries, rotator cuff injuries, and much, much more! The large range of topics covered in this text ensures that it's a great resource for orthopaedists, physical therapists, athletic trainers, and primary care physicians. Presents a multidisciplinary approach to the care of the shoulder, combining contributions from the leaders in the field of orthopedic surgery, physical therapy, and athletic training. Demonstrates which exercises your patients should perform in order to decrease their chance of injury or increase strength following an injury through illustrated exercises for rehabilitation and injury prevention. Illustrates how the shoulder is affected during activity of certain sports with a variety of tables and graphs. Covers a large range of topics including all shoulder injuries to be sufficiently comprehensive for both orthopaedists and physical therapists/athletic trainers.
- Atlas of bone pathology 2013, SpringerBone is a living tissue prone to develop a diverse array of inflammatory, metabolic, genetic, reactive, circulatory and neoplastic abnormalities. The Atlas of Bone Pathology describes and selectively illustrates the normal and pathologic conditions that afflict human bone, focusing heavily on tumor and tumor-like conditions of bone and their non-neoplastic mimics. Supplemented with radiographic and special study images, this extraordinary collection of high quality digital images aid continuing efforts to recognize, understand, and accurately interpret the light microscopic findings in bone
- Atlas of image-guided spinal procedures 2013, ClinicalKeyIntroduction: How to Use This Atlas -- Needle Techniques -- Fluoroscopic Techniques/Procedural Pearls -- Radiation Safety -- Caudal Epidural Steroid Injection -- Ganglion Impar Injection -- Sacral Insufficiency Fracture Repair/Sacroplasty, Short Axis Approach -- Sacroiliac Intraarticular Joint Injections, Posterior Approach, Inferior Entry -- S1 Transforaminal Epidural Steroid Injection -- Lumbar Transforaminal Epidural Steroid Injection, Supraneural (Traditional) Approach -- Lumbar Transforaminal Epidural Steroid Injection, Infraneural Approach -- Lumbar Interlaminar Epidural Steroid Injection, Paramedian Approach -- Lumbar Zygapophysial Joint Intraarticular Joint Injection, Posterior Approach -- Lumbar Zygapophysial Joint Nerve (Medial Branch) Injection, Oblique Approach -- Lumbar Zygapophysial Joint Nerve (Medial Branch) Radiofrequency Neurotomy, Posterior Approach -- Lumbar Sympathetic Block -- Lumbar Provocation Discography/Disc Access -- L5-S1 Disc Access -- Thoracolumbar Spinal Cord Stimulation -- Vertebral Augmentation (Vertebroplasty/Kyphoplasty), Transpedicular Approach -- Thoracic Transforaminal Epidural Steroid Injection, Infraneural Approach -- Thoracic Interlaminar Epidural Steroid Injection, Paramedian Approach -- Thoracic Zygapophysial Joint Intraarticular Injection, Posterior Approach -- Thoracic Zygapophysial Joint Nerve (Medial Branch) Injection, Posterior Approach -- Thoracic Zygapophysial Joint Nerve (Medial Branch) Radiofrequency Neurotomy, Posterior Approach -- Intercostal Blockade -- Thoracic Disc Access -- Cervical Transforaminal Epidural Steroid Injection -- Cervical Interlaminar Epidural Steroid Injection, Paramedian Approach -- Cervical Spinal Cord Stimulation -- Cervical Zygapophysial Joint Intraarticular Injection, Posterior Approach -- Cervical Zygapophysial Joint Intraarticular Injection, Lateral Approach -- Cervical Zygapophysial Joint Nerve (Medial Branch) Injection, Lateral Approach -- Cervical Zygapophysial Joint Nerve (Medial Branch) Radiofrequency Neurotomy and Nerve Injection, Posterior Approach -- Atlantoaxial Joint Intraarticular Injection -- Atlantooccipital Joint Intraarticular Injection -- Stellate Ganglion Block -- Cervical Discography/Disc Access.
- Atlas of postmenopausal osteoporosis. 3rd ed. 2010, Springer
- Atlas of the patellofemoral joint 2013, SpringerPart I: Etiopathogenic Bases and Therapeutic Implications -- Background: Patellofemoral Malalignment Versus Tissue Homeostasis -- In Search of the Etiology of Anterior Knee Pain -- Biological Causes of Anterior Knee Pain -- Pathogenesis of Anterior Knee Pain in the Active Young: Is There a Relation Between the Presence of Patellofemoral Malalignment and Pain? -- Unilateral Anterior Knee Pain as a Sign of Knee Asymmetry -- Biomechanical Bases for Anterior Knee Pain and Patellar Instability -- Anatomy of Patellar Dislocation -- Evaluation of the Patient with Anterior Knee Pain and Patellar Instability -- Influence of Psychological Factors on Pain and Disability in Anterior Knee Pain Patients -- Uncommon Causes of Anterior Knee Pain -- Risk Factors and Prevention of Anterior Knee Pain -- Non-operative Treatment of Athletes with Anterior Knee Pain: Science, Classical, and New Ideas -- Conservative Management of Anterior Knee Pain: The McConnell Program -- Skeletal Malalignment and Anterior Knee Pain: Rationale, Diagnosis, and Management -- Biochemical Causes of Patellar Tendinopathy? -- Prevention of Anterior Knee Pain After Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction -- Anterior Knee Pain with Special Emphasis on the Clinical, Radiographic, Histological, Ultrastructural, and Biochemical Aspects After Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction Using Autografts -- Part II: Emerging Technologies for Investigating Patellofemoral Joint. Clinical Relevance -- Imaging and Musculoskeletal Modeling to Investigate the Mechanical Etiology of Patellofemoral Pain -- Computational Models for Investigating the Patellofemoral Joint: Clinical Relevance -- Kinetic Analysis: A Sensitive Outcome Objective Measurement Method in Evaluating Lateral Patellar Instability -- Kinetic and Kinematic Analysis in Evaluating Patients with Anterior Knee Pain -- Part III: Clinical Cases Commented -- Failure of Patellofemoral Surgery: Analysis of Clinical Cases -- Neuromatous Knee Pain: Evaluation and Management -- Kinetic and Kinematic Analysis of Iatrogenic Medial Patellar Instability: Clinical Relevance -- Part IV: Surgical Techniques "How I Do It" -- Ultrasound and Doppler-Guided Arthroscopic Shaving for the Treatment of Patellar Tendinopathy/Jumper's Knee: Biological Background and Description of Method -- Arthroscopic Patellar Denervation for Anterior Knee Pain -- Reconstruction of the Medial Patellofemoral Ligament: How I Do It -- Reconstruction of the Medial Patellofemoral Ligament: How I Do It -- MPFL Reconstruction: Principles and Complications -- Reconstruction of the Lateral Patellofemoral Ligament: How I Do It -- Reconstruction of the Lateral Patellofemoral Ligament: How I Do It -- Osteotomies Around the Patellofemoral Joint -- Sulcus Deepening Trochleoplasty -- Rotational Tibial Osteotomy -- Rotational Femoral Osteotomy -- Patella Infera and Patella Alta -- Anteromedial Tibial Tubercle Osteotomy (Fulkerson Osteotomy) -- The Patella Thinning Osteotomy: A New Technique for Patellofemoral Arthritis -- Cartilage Restoration in the Patellofemoral Joint -- Autologous Osteochondral Mosaicplasty -- Patellofemoral Allografts -- Patellofemoral Arthroplasty: Pearls and Pitfalls -- The Patellofemoral Arthroplasty: The Great Solution, the Great Problem -- A Philosophy of the Patellofemoral Joint: A Logical Clinical Approach.
- Atlas of ultrasound guided musculoskeletal injections 2014, SpringerThe use of ultrasound guidance to perform diagnostic and therapeutic injections is growing at a rapid rate, as is the evidence to support its use. Even with the increased popularity of ultrasound, there remains a lack of formal training or a standard reference book. Atlas of Ultrasound Guided Musculoskeletal Injections fills this void in the literature and will be useful to physiatrists, orthopedists, rheumatologists, pain medicine and sports medicine specialists alike. Broken down by anatomic structure and heavily illustrated, this book is both comprehensive and instructive. The Editors and their contributors break down the basics (both the fundamentals of ultrasound to needle visibility and the role of injections) and explore ultrasound-guided injection for structures in the shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand, hip and groin, knee, ankle and foot, and spine. Using a clear, heavily illustrated format, this book describes the relevant clinical scenarios and indications for injection, the evidence to support ultrasound use, relevant local anatomy, injection methods, and pearls and safety considerations. It will be a valuable reference for trainees and experienced clinicians alike, for experienced sonographers or those just starting out.
- Autologous resurfacing and fracture dowelling 2012, Springer1. Historical Observations -- 2. Microscopical Anatomy -- 3. Bone Growth -- 4. Regeneration and Healing -- 5. Ceramic Bone Substitutes -- 6. Operating Technique for Cartilage-Bone Grafting -- 7. Clinical Practice in Autologous Resurfacing® -- 8. Fracture Dowelling -- 9. Bone-Tendon-Bone ACL Plastic -- 10. Instrumentation -- 11. Conclusion.
- Axis vertebra 2013, SpringerPart I: Embryology -- Anatomy -- Biomechanics -- Imaging -- Part II: Fractures of the Axis -- Fractures of the Odontoid Process -- Fractures of the Vertebral Body -- Fractures of the Posterior Arch -- Multiple or Complex Fractures -- Atlantoaxial Dislocation -- Part III: Surgical Approaches -- Transmandible Approach -- Part IV: Infections -- Congenital Malformations -- Tumors.
- Balloon kyphoplasty 2008, Springer
- Basic and applied bone biology 2014, ScienceDirectSection 1. Basic bone biology and physiology -- section 2. Assessment of bone structure and function -- section 3. Skeletal adaptation -- section 4. Hormonal and metabolic effects on bone -- section 5. Skeletal disease and treatment.
- Basic principles of external skeletal fixation using the Ilizarov and other devices. Second edition. [2nd ed.] 2012, SpringerWhen it was developed, the Ilizarov device represented a revolutionary advance that made it possible to correct previously untreatable conditions through the stimulation of bone growth based on the principle of distraction osteogenesis. The device subsequently gained popularity among surgeons throughout the world since it can be used for the treatment of fractures that have failed to heal satisfactorily and for deformity correction. The technique is, however, complex and requires specialist knowledge if it is to be applied optimally.This is the second edition of a well-received book that focuses primarily on external fixation using the Ilizarov device but also considers other devices employed for the purpose. The opening chapters include discussion of biomechanical principles, use of a system of coordinates to allow safer insertion of K-wires and half pins, preoperative preparation, and principles of frame construction. External fixation of a variety of fractures in different pathologic settings is then clearly explained in a series of detailed chapters with the aid of high-quality illustrations. Numerous case reports are included to illustrate the results of different treatment methods. In addition, principles of postoperative management are described and advice is provided on correction of errors and treatment of complications. Since the first edition the text has been thoroughly updated, with inclusion of contributions from leading world experts. This volume will serve as an indispensable manual both for trainee orthopedic surgeons embarking on a steep learning curve and for more experienced surgeons requiring advice and guidance in demanding cases.
- Basics of musculoskeletal ultrasound 2013, SpringerIntroduction -- Understanding Accreditation and Certification in Musculoskeletal Ultrasound -- Choosing Ultrasound Equipment -- Knobology -- Tissue Scanning -- Hand and Fingers -- Wrist -- Elbow -- Shoulder -- Foot and Toes -- Ankle -- Knee -- Hip -- Groin -- Ultrasound Guidance of Injections -- Rheumatologic Findings.
- Best evidence for spine surgery 2012, ScienceDirectCervical disk herniation : anterior cervical diskectomy and fusion versus arthroplasty / Mir H. Ali, Frank M. Phillips -- Multilevel anterior cervical diskectomy and fusion : bone-grafting options / Sheeraz A. Qureshi, Andrew C. Hecht, Scott D. Boden -- Ossification of the posterior longitudinal ligament : anterior versus posterior approach / Garrick W. Cason, Edward R. Anderson III, Harry N. Herkowitz -- Minimally invasive approaches to thoracic disk herniations / Alfred T. Ogden, Michael G. Kaiser, Richard G. Fessler -- Lumbar disk herniation with mild neurological deficit : microdiskectomy versus conservative treatment / Kelli L. Crabtree, Paul M. Arnold -- Cervical spondylosis-spinal stenosis : laminoplasty versus laminectomy and fusion / Yu-Po Lee, Niraj Patel, Steven R. Garfin -- Lumbar degenerative disk disease : fusion versus artificial disk / Michael F. Duffy, Jack E. Zigler -- Degenerative spondylolisthesis with radicular pain : decompression only versus decompression and fusion / Tuan V. Nguyen, Robert A. McGuire Jr. -- Asymptomatic intradural Schwannoma : surgery versus radiosurgery versus observation / Christopher E. Mandigo, Paul C. McCormick -- Pseudotumor : transoral versus posterior fusion / Daniel M. Sciubba ... [et al.] -- Odontoid fracture in the elderly : odontoid screws versus posterior fusion / Harvey E. Smith, Scott D. Daffner, Alexander R. Vaccaro -- C1-C2 fusion : transarticular screws versus Harms procedure / Thomas J. Kesman, Bradford L. Currier -- Multilevel cervical corpectomy : anterior-only versus circumferential instrumentation / Andrew J. Schoenfeld, Christopher M. Bono -- Cervical jumped facets and incomplete neurological deficit : closed reduction versus urgent surgery / Michael A. Finn, Paul A. Anderson -- Laminectomy across cervico thoracic junction : fusion versus non fusion / Timothy E. Link, Rahul Jandial, Volker K.H. Sonntag -- Vertebral metastases : ventral and dorsal approach versus lateral -- Extracavitary transpedicular approach / John H. Shin, Edward C. Benzel -- Degenerative scoliosis: anterior and posterior fusion versus posterior fusion / Krishna Gumidyala, Sigurd Berven -- Sagittal imbalance: multiple Smith-Petersen osteotomies versus pedicle substraction osteotomies / Jamal McClendon ... [et al.] -- -- L1-S1 fusion: extending to T12 and pelvis and when to include L5-S1 anterior grafting / Steven Mardjetko -- High-grade spondylolisthesis : reduction and fusion versus in situ fusion / Matthew B. Maserati, Christopher I. Shaffrey, Adam S. Kanter.
- Biological calcification 2007, Springer
- Biomaterials 2007, CRCnetBASEMetallic biomaterials / Joon B. Park and Young Kon Kim -- Ceramic biomaterials / W.C. Billotte -- Polymeric biomaterials / Hai Bang Lee, Gilson Khang, and Jin Ho Lee -- Composite biomaterials / Roderic S. Lakes -- Biodegradable hydrogels : tailoring properties and function through chemistry and structure / Andrew T. Metters and Chien-Chi Lin -- Biodegradable polymeric biomaterials : an updated overview / Chih-Chang Chu -- Biologic biomaterials : tissue-derived biomaterials (collagen) / Shu-Tung Li -- Soft tissue replacements / K.B. Chandran, K.J.L. Burg, and S.W. Shalaby -- Hard tissue replacements / Sang-Hyun Park ... [et al.] -- Controlling and assessing cell-biomaterial interactions at the micro- and nanoscale : applications in tissue engineering / Jessica Kaufman, Joyce Y. Wong, and Catherine Klapperich.
- Biomaterials in hand surgery 2009, Springer
- Biomechanics in ergonomics. 2nd ed. 2008, CRCnetBASETheories of occupational musculoskeletal injury causation / Shrawan Kumar -- Anthropometry and biomechanics, anthromechanics / Karl H.E. Kroemer -- Mechanical exposure assessment in the design of work / W. Patrick Neumann and Richard Wells -- Tissue mechanics of ligaments and tendons / Savio L.-Y. Woo ... [et al.] -- Ligament sprains and healing / Richard S. Boorman ... [et al.] -- Bone biomechanics and fractures / Stefan Judex ... [et al.] -- Determinants of muscle strength / Walter Herzog -- Functional anatomy of the upper limb / Anil Walji -- Hand grasping, finger pinching, and squeezing / Sheik N. Imrhan -- Hand tools / Anil Mital, Anand Subramaniam, and Arunkumar Pennathur -- Biomechanics of gloves / Ram R. Bishu, V. Gnaneswaran, and Liu Dahai -- Work and activity-related musculoskeletal disorders of the upper extremity / Richard Wells and Peter Keir -- The ACGIH TLV for hand activity level / Thomas J. Armstrong -- Biomechanical models of the hand, wrist, and elbow in ergonomics / Richard E. Huges and Kai-Nan An -- Biomechanical modeling of the shoulder anatomy / Krystyna Gielo-Perczak and Jon Rasmussen -- Whiplash injuries : in-vitro studies / Narayan Yoganandan ... [et al.] -- Whiplash injuries : in-vivo studies / Robert Ferrari -- Low back disorders / Edgar Ramos Vieira -- Models in manual materials handling / Jeffrey C. Woldstad, M.M. Ayoub, and James L. Smith -- Revised NIOSH lifting equation / Thomas R. Waters -- Whole body vibration / Judy Village and James B. Morrison -- Cumulative load and models / Shrawan Kumar -- Posture / Stephan Konz -- Biomechanics in work seating design / Jorgen Eklund -- Biomechanics during ladder and stair climbing and walking on ramps and other irregular surfaces / Andrew S. Merryweather and Donald S. Bloswick -- Slips, trips, and falls / Raoul Gronquist.
- Biomechanics of lower limb prosthetics 2010, Springer
- Biomechanics of the upper limbs. 1st ed. 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Bisphosphonates in medical practice 2007, Springer
- Bone and cancer 2009, Springer
- Bone and cartilage engineering 2006, Springer
- Bone and development 2010, SpringerGenetic and epigenetic aspects of bone development -- Tissue interactions in long bone development -- The epiphyseal growth plate -- Hedgehog signaling in growth plate and bone development -- Role of microRNA in skeleton development -- FGF/FGFR signaling in skeletal dysplasias -- The role of hypoxia-induced factors -- BMP signaling in skeletogenesis -- Wnt signaling in bone development -- Development of the craniofacial complex -- Dentin and bone: similar collagenous mineralized tissues -- Evolution of bone proteins -- Osteogenesis imperfect -- Fibrodysplasia ossificans progressive: developmental implications of a novel metamorphogene -- Bone-mineral homeostasis and associated pathologies -- Interrelationship between bone and other tissues: brain-bone axis and bone-adipo axis -- Mechanobiology of bone development and computational simulations.
- Bone and joint injuries 2014, SpringerAll European countries, including those that have recently joined the European Union or are candidates for membership, currently show a clear trend towards an increasing number of accidental injuries. This holds true for a range of injuries, including accidents among the elderly, sports injuries, and trauma due to traffic accidents. The increase in the number of injuries is accompanied by rising expectations among patients, who anticipate good functional results even after serious injuries. Despite these developments, trauma surgery is not yet established as an independent field in all European countries. Against this background, there is a clear need for a book that covers the state of the art in trauma surgery. This volume, which focuses on bone and joint injuries orthopedic trauma is intended to help to meet this need. It will also serve to harmonize the practice of trauma surgery within the European Union and to prepare for the UEMS EBSQ trauma surgery.
- Bone and mineral manual. 2nd ed. 2005, ScienceDirectIndications for bone mass measurement / Dorothy A. Nelson, Michael Kleerekoper -- A practical guide to bone densitometry / Dorothy A. Nelson, Michael Kleerekoper -- Laboratory analyses useful in the diagnosis of bone and calcium metabolic disorders / Hunter Heath, III -- Biochemical markers of bone remodeling / Michael Kleerekoper -- Skeletal imaging: radiographs, computed tomography (CT), and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) / Harry K. Genant -- Scintigraphy / Ignac Fogelman -- Hypocalcemia and hypercalcemia in neonates / Winston Koo -- Preterm infants with fractures / Winston Koo -- Rickets / John M. Pettifor --Osteogenesis imperfecta / Jay R. Shapiro, Paul Sponseller -- Juvenile osteoporosis / Craig B. Langman -- Fibrous dysplasia / Frederick S. Kaplan -- Optimizing peak bone mass / John M. Pettifor -- Bone disorders associated with primary or secondary amenorrhea / Michelle P. Warren, Sari Halpert -- Nephrolithiasis / Murray J. Favus -- Acute spinal cord injury and traumatic brain injury / Albert C. Clairmont, Velimir Matkovic -- Reflex sympathetic dystrophy / Albert C. Clairmont, Velimir Matkovic -- Evaluation of the patient with low bone density / Marjorie Luckey -- Calcium and vitamin D / Bess Dawson-Hughes --Pharmacologic therapy / Nelson Watts, Michael McClung -- Nonpharmacologic prevention and management of falls and fractures / Susan Greenspan -- Osteoporosis in men / Eric Orwoll -- Steroid-induced osteoporosis / Barbara P. Lukert -- Organ transplantation / Elizabeth Shane -- Paget disease of bone / Ethel S. Siris -- Renal bone diseases / Paul D. Miller, Edgar V. Lerma -- Metastatic bone disease / Socrates E. Papapoulos -- Osteomalacia / Carolyn Becker -- High bone mass / Michael P. Whyte -- Hypercalcemia -- Line Vautour, David Goltzman -- Primary hyperparathyroidism / John P. Bilezikian -- Hypocalcemia / Frederick R. Singer -- Phosphorous and magnesium / S. Abbas Raza, Marc K. Drezner -- Principles of patient and family education and support / Betsy McClung -- Resources for education and support / Betsy McClung.
- Bone and osteoarthritis 2007, Springer
- Bone cancer. 1st ed. 2010, ScienceDirectChapter 1. Epidemiology of Primary Bone Tumors and Economical Aspects of Bone Metastases / Esther I. Hauben, Pancras C.W. Hogendoorn -- Chapter 2. Tumor-Bone Cell Interactions in Bone Metastases / Pierrick G.J. Fournier, Lauren K. Dunn, Gregory A. Clines, Theresa A. Guise -- Chapter 3. Early Bone Metastasis-Associated Molecular and Cellular Events / Philippe Clézardin -- Chapter 4. Regulation of Osteoblast Differentiation and Bone Cancers by Wnt and PTH Signaling Pathways / Julia Billiard, John A. Robinson, Ramesh A. Bhat, Bheem M. Bhat, Richard J. Murrills, Peter V.N. Bodine -- Chapter 5. Osteoclast Differentiation and Function / Luis Filgueira -- Chapter 6. Immunoregulation of Osteoclast Differentiation in Multiple Myeloma Bone Disease / Maria Grano, Giacomina Brunetti, Silvia Colucci -- Chapter 7. Facts and Hypothesis on Osteolytic Lesions Related to Normal and Tumoral Epithelial Dental Cell Differentiation / Blandine Ruhin, Frédéric Lézot, Aymann Bouattour, Sonia Ghoul-Mazgar, Ariane Berdal, Vianney Descroix -- Chapter 8. The Role of the Interleukin-6 Family of Cytokines in Bone Remodeling and Bone Cancer / Frédéric Blanchard, Emmanuelle David, Bénédicte Brounais -- Chapter 9. Proteases and Therapeutic Approaches of Bone Tumors / Velasco C. Ruiz, Y. Fortun, D. Heymann, M. Padrines -- Chapter 10. Bone Remodeling Markers and Bone Cancer / Markus J. Seibel -- Chapter 11. Cytogenetic and Molecular Genetic Alterations in Bone Tumors / Suvi Savola, Tom Böhling, Sakari Knuutila -- Chapter 12. Cytogenetics of Bone Tumors / Jiyun Lee, Mallory Martin, Shibo Li -- Chapter 13. Genetic Aspects of Bone Tumors / Shamini Selvarajah, Maria Zielenska, Jeremy A. Squire, Paul C. Park -- Chapter 14. Proteomics of Bone Cancer / Stephanie Byrum, Eric R. Siegel, Sudeepa Bhattacharyya, Larry J. Suva -- Chapter 15. Genomic and Proteomic Profiling of Osteosarcoma / Tsz-Kwong Man, Pulivarthi H. Rao, Ching C. Lau -- Chapter 16. Molecular Pathology of Osteosarcoma / Walter C. Bell, Gene P. Siegal -- Chapter 17. Technical Aspects: How Do We Best Prepare Bone Samples for Proper Histological Analysis? / Daniel Chappard -- Chapter 18. Osteoclast-rich Lesions of Bone: A Clinical and Molecular Overview / Adrienne M. Flanagan, Roberto Tirabosco, Panagiotis D. Gikas -- Chapter 19. Recent Advances in the Biology of Bone Tumors and New Diagnostic Tools / Gonzague de Pinieux, Corinne Bouvier -- Chapter 20. Ewing's Sarcoma Family of Tumors / Joseph D. Khoury -- Chapter 21. The Histopathology of Skeletal Metastases / Ping Tang, David G. Hicks --Chapter 22. Interventional Radiologic Techniques and their Contribution to the Management of Bone Tumors / Robert G. Jones, Eric J. Heffernan, Faisal Rashid, Peter L. Munk -- Chapter 23. Imaging of Bone Metastases / Nieroshan Rajarubendra, Nathan Lawrentschuk -- Chapter 24. Diagnosis of Skeletal Metastases in Malignant Extraskeletal Cancers / Holger Schirrmeister, Coskun Arslandemir -- Chapter 25. Pain Control with Palliative Radiotherapy in Bone Metastases / Alysa Fairchild, Amanda Hird, Edward Chow -- Chapter 26. Mechanisms and Management of Bone Cancer Pain / Ma'ann C. Sabino, Denis R. Clohisy -- Chapter 27. Malignant Skeletal Pain: Mechanisms and Potential Therapeutic Opportunities / Monica Herrera, Juan Miguel Jimenez-Andrade, Marina Vardanyan, Patrick W. Mantyh -- Chapter 28. Animal Models of Malignant Primary Bone Tumors and Novel Therapeutic Approaches / Julie Rousseau, François Lamoureux, Gaëlle Picarda, François Gouin, Valérie Trichet, Françoise Rédini -- Chapter 29. In vivo Models Used in Studies of Bone Metastases / Ingunn Holen, Michelle A. Lawson -- Chapter 30. Cytokine Gene Therapy in Bone Remodeling / Carl D. Richards, David Smyth -- Chapter 31. Non-surgical Treatment of Chondrosarcoma: Current Concepts and Future Perspectives / Eric L. Staals, Emanuela Palmerini, Stefano Ferrari, Mario Mercuri -- Chapter 32. Mechanistic Role of RANKL in Cancer-induced Bone Diseases and Development of a Targeted Therapy to Inhibit this Pathway / William C. Dougall -- Chapter 33. Chondrosarcoma of Bone: Diagnosis and Therapy / Arne Streitbuerger, Jendrik Hardes, Georg Gosheger -- Chapter 34. Current Status of Immunotherapy for Osteosarcoma and its Future Trends / Kanji Mori, Kosei Ando, Yoshitaka Matsusue, Dominique Heymann -- Chapter 35. Bisphosphonates, Bone Health and the Clinical Biology of Bone Metastases from Breast Cancer / Alexander H.G.Paterson -- Chapter 36. A Multi-targeted Approach to Treating Bone Metastases / Robert D. Loberg, Kenneth J. Pienta -- Chapter 37. Bone Metastases of Prostatic Cancer: Pathophysiology, Clinical Complications, Actual Treatment and Future Directions / Sara De Dosso, Fernanda G. Herrera, Dominik R. Berthold -- Chapter 38. Apoptosis and Drug Resistance in Malignant Bone Tumors / Udo Kontny.
- Bone densitometry for technologists. 3rd ed. 2013, SpringerAn introduction to conventions in densitometry -- Densitometry techniques -- Skeletal anatomy in densitometry -- Performing a DXA PA lumbar spine, proximal femur, or forearm DXA study -- Radiation safety in x-ray densitometry -- Quality control procedures -- The importance of precision -- Using absolute risk to predict fracture risk in clinical practice -- An overview of osteoporosis -- Interpretation of bone densitometry data -- Less than perfect scan images -- Pediatric densitometry -- VFA imaging, femoral morphometry, and hip structural analysis -- Body composition analysis.
- Bone densitometry in clinical practice. 3rd ed. 2010, SpringerDensitometry techniques -- Skeletal anatomy in densitometry -- Statistical overview for the non-statistician densitometrist -- Quality control -- Radiation safety in x-ray densitometry -- Bone density data among technologies and manufacturers -- Selecting patients for bone mass measurements : clinical guidelines -- Selecting patients for bone mass measurements : self-assessment indices -- Diagnosing ostoporosis -- Predicting fracture risk -- Monitoring changes in bone density -- Secondary causes of osteoporosis -- New applications for DXA -- Reporting densitometry --FDA-approved densitometry devices..
- Bone densitometry in growing patients 2007, SpringerRationale for bone densitometry in childhood and adolescence / Aenor J. Sawyer and Laura K. Bachrach -- Tools for measuring bone in children and adolescents / Kate A. Ward, Zulf Mughal, and Judith E. Adams -- Dual-energy x-ray absorptiometry / Nicola J. Crabtree, Mary B. Leonard, and Babette S. Zemel -- Clinical indications for the use of DXA in pediatrics / Laura K. Bachrach ... [et al.] -- Acquisition of DXA in children and adolescents / Nicola J. Crabtree, Kyla Kent, and Babette S. Zemel -- Analysis / Moira Petit ... [et al.] -- Evaluation / Babette S. Zemel and Moira Petit -- Reporting DXA results / Ellen B. Fung ... [et al.] -- Children with special considerations / Laurie J. Moyer-Mileur, Zulf Mughal, and Ellen B. Fung -- Research considerations / Mary B. Leonard and Moira Petit -- Looking to the future of pediatric bone densitometry / Nicholas J. Bishop, Aenor J. Sawyer, and Mary B. Leonard.
- Bone disease of organ transplantation 2005, ScienceDirectBone disease after kidney transplantation / S.L-S Fan and John Cunningham -- Histologic abnormalities of bone before and after kidney transplantation / Marie-Claude Monier-Faugere and Hartmut H. Malluche --Bone disease following kidney-pancreas and pancreas transplantation / Stuart M. Sprague -- Bone disease after liver transplantation / Nuria Guañabens and Ana Monegal -- Bone disease in patients before and after cardiac transplantation / Adi Cohen and Elizabeth Shane -- Bone loss in patients before and after lung transplantation / Emily Stein and Elizabeth Shane -- Transplantation for cystic fibrosis: effect on the skeleton / Robert M. Aris and David A. Ontjes -- Bone disease after bone marrow transplantation / Peter R. Ebeling -- Osteonecrosis and organ transplantation / Neveen A.T. Hamdy -- Pediatric transplant bone disease / Mary B. Leonard and Craig B. Langman -- -- Management of bone disease in candidates for organ transplant / Susan M. Ott -- Management: prevention of bone loss after organ transplantation / Philip Sambrook -- Management: established osteoporosis in organ transplant recipients / Ian R. Reid.Principles of transplantation immunology / Mario C. Deng ... [et al.] -- Bone biology: bone structure and remodeling / Lawrence G. Raisz -- Skeletal effects of glucocorticoids: basic and clinical aspects / Ernesto Canalis -- Transplantation bone disease induced by non-steroid immunosuppressants / Solomon Epstein, Angela M. Inzerillo, and Mone Zaidi -- Molecular effects of calcineurin inhibitors / Adina E. Schneider, Mone Zaidi, and Solomon Epstein -- Bone and the immune system / W. Neale Weitzmann and Roberto Pacifici -- -- Fracture prevalence and incidence in solid organ transplant recipients / Bart L. Clarke and Gudrun Leidig-Bruckner -- Bone histomorphometetry and its application to transplantation bone disease / Juliet Compston -- The role of parathyroid hormone in the evolution of bone loss after organ transplantation / Mishaela R. Rubin and John P. Bilezikian -- The role of hypogonadism in the evolution of bone loss before and after cardiac transplantation / Hans-Ulrich Stempfle -- Pathogenesis of transplantation bone disease: a unifying hypothesis / Richard Eastell, Kim E. Naylor, and Annie M. Cooper --
- Bone drugs in pediatrics 2014, Springer
- Bone health in children 2012, CRCnetBASE"This book provides a rational basis for understanding how to ensure adequate bone health in children. It discusses the recommended dietary intakes of calcium and vitamin D in pediatric health as well as appropriate sources of these nutrients. The text presents information on the maintenance and improvement of bone health in children and adolescents. Chapters cover peak bone mass and prevention of bone loss diseases; bone formation; nutritional needs for calcium and vitamin D based on age; additional key nutrients needed for healthy bones; exercise and management of chronic illnesses; genetics and bone health; and future directions towards targeted dietary recommendations"--Provided by publisher.
- Bone metastasis 2005, SpringerOverview / Sadmeet Singh and Gurmit Singh -- Parathyroid hormone-related peptide and malignancy / David Goltzman -- Vitamin D and vitamin D analogs in cancer / Richard Kremer and Shafaat A. Rabbani -- Role of TGF and IGF in tumor progression and bone metastases / Erin Giles and Gurmit Singh -- Biologic and therapeutic implications of osteomimicry and epithelial/mesenchymal transition in prostate cancer / Wen-Chin Huang, Valerie Odero-Marah, and Leland W.K. Chung -- The roles of immune-cell derived matrix metalloproteinases in tumor growth and metastasis / Kristina A. Szabo and Gurmit Singh -- Contribution of osteopontin to the development of bone metastasis / Alison L. Allan ... [et al.] -- The role of interleukin-11 in osteolytic bone metastasis / Ryan R. Simon ... [et al.] -- Cell adhesion moleculars in tumor metastasis / Sujata Persad ... [et al.] --Antithrombotics in tumor growth and metastasis / Shaker A. Mousa -- Challenges and strategies in the analysis of multiple events in oncology / Pierre P. Major and Richard J. Cook -- Integrins : novel targets for the treatment of bone metastasis / Graham C. Parry ... [et al.] -- Bone metastasis and pathological fractures : bone tissue engineering as a novel therapy / Laurie A. McDuffee, Nigel Colterjohn, and Gurmit Singh -- Role of photodynamic therapy for bone metastasis / Shane Burch and Albert J.M. Yee -- Docetaxel for metastatic cancer and its role in combination therapies for advanced prostate cancer / Ellen K. Wasan ... [et al.] -- The use of tetracyclines for bone metastasis / Eric Seidlitz, Zeina Saikali, and Gurmit Singh -- Role of bisphosphonates in skeletal metastases / Arif Hussain and Fred Saad -- Radiation treatment of bone metastases / Edward Chow, Jackson Wu, and Elizabeth Toni Barnes.
- Bone metastasis and molecular mechanisms 2004, SpringerPatients with advanced breast or prostate cancers usually develop bone metastases. The principal complications resulting from metastatic bone disease are pain, spinal cord compression, pathologic fractures and bone marrow suppression. Improving the management of bone metastases is crucial to quality of life for patients with breast and prostate cancer. Advances in understanding of the molecular mechanisms underlying the pathophysiology of bone metastasis are driving the development of new therapeutic strategies. The book provides an overview of molecular factors that offer targets and avenues for therapeutic strategies.
- Bone morphogenetic proteins 2006, Springer
- Bone pathology. 2nd ed. 2009, SpringerBone structure, development and bone biology -- Structure and function of joints -- Biomechanics: part I -- Biomechanics: part II -- Laboratory in orthopedic practice -- Genetics and molecular biology of bone and soft tissue tumors -- Grossing of bone and soft tissue (common specimens and procedures) -- Bone histomorphometry and undecalcified sections -- Radiology of the musculoskeletal system -- Skeletal trauma and common orthopedic problems -- Surgical pathology of bone infections -- Arthropathies -- Surgical pathology of prosthetic materials -- Osteoporosis and metabolic bone disease -- Inherited and dysplastic conditions of the skeleton -- Musculoskeletal neoplasms: an introduction -- Medical management of sarcomas -- Radiation therapy for sarcomas -- Surgical pathology of bone tumors and tumor-like lesions -- Tumors of soft tissue.
- Bone quantitative ultrasound 2011, SpringerQuantitative ultrasound (QUS) of bone is a relatively recent research field. The research community is steadily growing, with interdisciplinary branches in acoustics, medical imaging, biomechanics, biomedical engineering, applied mathematics, bone biology and clinical sciences, resulting in significant achievements in new ultrasound technologies to measure bone, as well as models to elucidate the interaction and the propagation of ultrasonic wave in complex bone structures. Hundreds of articles published in specialists journals are accessible from the Web and from electronic libraries. However, no compilation and synthesis of the most recent and significant research exist. The only book on QUS of bone has been published in 1999 at a time when the propagation mechanisms of ultrasound in bone were still largely unknown and the technology was immature. The research community has now reached a critical size, special sessions are organized in major international meetings (e.g., at the World Congress of Biomechanics, the annual meetings of the Acoustical Society of America, International Bone Densitometry Workshop, etc...). Consequently, the time has come for a completely up to date, comprehensive review of the topic. The book will offer the most recent experimental results and theoretical concepts developed so far and is intended for researchers, graduate or undergraduate students, engineers, and clinicians who are involved in the field. The central part of the book covers the physics of ultrasound propagation in bone. Our goal is to give the reader an extensive view of the mathematical and numerical models as an aid to understand the QUS potential and the types of variables that can be determined by QUS in order to characterize bone strength. The propagation of sound in bone is still subject of intensive research. Different models have been proposed (for example, the Biot theory of poroelasticity and the theory of scattering have been used to describe wave.
- Bone regeneration and repair 2005, SpringerBone dynamics: morphogenesis, growth modeling, and remodeling / Jeffrey O. Hollinger -- Fracture repair / Charles Sfeir ... [et al.] -- Common molecular mechanisms regulating fetal bone formation and adult fracture repair / Theodore Miclau ... [et al.] -- Biology of bone grafts / Victor M. Goldberg and Sam Akhavan -- Cell-based strategies for bone regeneration: from developmental biology to clinical therapy / Scott P. Bruder and Tony Scaduto -- Biology of the vascularized fibular graft / Elizabeth Joneschild and James R. Urbaniak -- Growth factors and osteogenesis / Stephen B. Trippel -- Bone grafts and bone graft substitutes / Doug Sutherland and Mathias Bostrom --Gene transfer approaches to enhancing bone healing / Oliver Betz ... [et al.] -- Bone morphogenic proteins and other growth factors to enhance fracture healing and treatment of nonunions / Calin S. Moucha and Thomas A. Einhorn -- The Ilizarov technique for bone regeneration and repair / James Aronson -- Spinal fusion: biology and clinical applications / K. Craig Boatright and Scott D. Boden -- Bone allograft transplantation: theory and practice / Henry J. Mankin ... [et al.] -- Bone grafting for total joint arthroplasty: biology and clinical applications / Moussa Hamadouche and Daniel J. Berry -- Biophysical stimulation using electrical, electromagnetic, and ultrasonic fields: effects on fracture healing and spinal fusion / James T. Ryaby -- Vascularized fibula grafts: clinical applications / Richard S. Gilbert and Scott W. Wolfe -- Craniofacial repair / Bruce A. Doll ... [et al.] -- Bone regeneration techniques in the orofacial region / Samuel E. Lynch.
- Bone resorption 2005, SpringerOsteoclast: origin and differentiation /Janet Rubin and Edward M. Greenfield --Osteolytic enzymes of osteoclasts /Merry Jo Oursler --Regulation of osteoclast activity /Roland Baron and William C. Horne --Structural aspects of bone resorption /Steven D. Bain and Ted S. Gross --Inflammatory cytokines /Mark S. Nanes and Roberto Pacifici --Genetics and mutations affecting osteoclast development and function /Mark C. Horowitz, Melissa A. Kacena, Joseph A. Lorenzo --Clinical disorders associated with alterations in bone resorption /Janet Rubin and Mark S. Nanes --Pharmaceuticals for bone disease targeting the osteoclast /Lorraine A. Fitzpatrick --Skeletal complications of malignancy: central role for the osteoclast /Gregory A. Clines, John M. Chirgwin, Theresa A. Guise.
- Bone tissue engineering 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Bone tumors 2012, SpringerIntroduction to Bone Tumors --How to Evaluate a Bone Lesion --Imaging Modalities --Cartilage Tumors --Osseous Tumors --Fibrous Tumors --Miscellaneous Tumors --Bone Metastases --Bone Tumor Mimickers --Cases.
- Bone-implant interface in orthopedic surgery 2014, SpringerWhat is the optimal design and fixation of the implants we use for orthopedic reconstructions? What is the gold standard for the management of patients requiring implants? Is there scope for improvement still further? Huge efforts have been made both by research scientists in orthopedics and the implant industry to furthering the options available for arthroplasty without necessarily considering the cost-effectiveness of this research to clinical outcomes. It has also become apparent that theoretical and laboratory studies do not always match the results of long-term clinical studies of which there regretfully few of sufficient quality. The Editor and his carefully chosen selection of contributors critically evaluate data from basic science, experimental in vivo and in vitro biological and mechanical models, autopsy specimens and long-term clinical studies to answer these questions. Bone-Implant Interface in Orthopedic Surgery: Basic Science to Clinical Applications focuses on the bone-orthopedic implant interface in general and will be useful both for the novice who seeks a quick introduction to this specific topic and for more experienced surgeons who seek an in depth critical review of current practices.
- Bones and cartilage 2005, ScienceDirect
- Burkhart's View of the shoulder 2006, OvidVisualization -- Angle of approach -- Creating a stable construct -- Understanding and recognizing pathology -- The tough stuff -- Exposing the hidden arthroscopic landmarks -- Insurmountable problems -- Gaining speed and tricks of the trade -- Order of steps -- Rotator cuff tear patterns -- Postoperative rehabilitation -- Operating room set-up -- Instability -- SLAP repair -- Subacromial procedures (non-cuff) -- Stiffness -- Rotator cuff -- Biceps -- Tricks and tips -- Assorted conditions -- The future.
- Campbell's Operative orthopaedics. 11th ed. v. 1-4, 2008.Print Material
- Campbell's Operative orthopaedics. 12th ed. 2013, MD Consultv. 1. General principles -- Reconstructive procedures of the hip in adults -- Reconstructive procedures of the knee in adults -- Reconstructive procedures of the ankle in adults -- Reconstructive procedures of the shoulder and elbow in adults -- Amputations -- Infections -- Tumors -- v. 2. Congenital and developmental disorders -- Nervous system disorders in children -- Fractures and dislocations in children -- The spine -- v. 3. Sports medicine -- Arthroscopy -- Fractures and dislocations in adults -- v. 4. Peripheral nerve injuries -- Microsurgery -- The hand -- The foot and ankle.
- Carpal ligament surgery 2013, SpringerNowadays, it is established that carpal ligamentary lesions may lead to instability and then to carpal arthritis. However, the variety of anatomopathological classifications and the multiplicity of surgical repair techniques reflect the difficulty of conceiving this ligamentary pathology. The clinical analysis and traditional investigation techniques face the complexity of the wrist. Its mechanical complexity is due to the number of synchronized bones in every movement of the hand. The clinical analysis of the wrist is insufficient to precisely measure the mobility of each carpal bone. Paraclinical examinations are also significant for clinical diagnosis. The tools available today range from X-rays to arthroscopy, including arthroCTscan and soon MRI. As concerns repair techniques, their diversity must not hide the fact that a biomechanical and physiological principle is involved and must be identified. This book is the result of a reflection of an expert group in the field of wrist pathology. It attempts to analyze, understand, explain and make comprehensible, if not obvious, the reflections that each practitioner should employ during the diagnosis and treatment of carpal ligamentary lesions. The focus is consciously not on degenerative carpal pathology, which usually enjoys more visibility. We hope that readers will benefit from the fact that fragmented pieces of knowledge are gathered in a single work, that they will find in this beginning synthesis inspiring to rethink a difficult and sometimes thankless surgery and to further the surgical advances of the 21st century.
- Cartilage and bone development and its disorders 2011, KargerChondrocyte proliferation and differentiation / Wuelling, M., Vortkamp, A. -- Local regulation of growth plate cartilage / Spth, S.-S. ... [et al.] -- Growth plate senescence and catch-up growth / Lui, J.C., Nilsson, O., Baron, J. -- Endocrine regulation of longitudinal bone growth / Wit, J.M., Camacho-Hübner, C. -- Estrogen signaling in growth plate cartilage / Karimian, E., Svendahl, L. -- Methods to study cartilage and bone development / Andrade, A.C. ... [et al.] -- Fibroblast growth factor-23 and phosphorus metabolism / Tiosano, D. -- Molecular defects causing skeletal dysplasias / Mkitie, O. -- Allele-specific gene silencing in osteogenesis imperfecta / Ljunggren, Ö. ... [et al.] -- Stem cells in skeletal physiology and endocrine diseases of bone / Bianco, P., Sacchetti, B., Riminucci, M. -- Cartilage tissue engineering / Moreira-Teixeira, L.S. ... [et al.].
- Cartilage and osteoarthritis 2004, Springer Protocolsv. 2 Springer ProtocolsA simple and reliable assay of proteoglycan synthesis by cultured chondrocytes -- Assays of proteoglycan and collagen degradation in cultures of rabbit cartilage explants -- Production of antibodies against degradative neoepitopes in aggrecan -- Immunoassays for collagens in chondrocyte and cartilage explant cultures -- Detection of apoptosis in cartilage in situ and in isolated chondrocytes -- Expression, activity, and regulation of MAP kinases in cultured chondrocytes -- Mechanical loading of chondrocytes embedded in 3D constructs: in vitro methods for assessment of morphological and metabolic response to compressive strain -- In vitro physical stimulation of tissue-engineered and native cartilage --v. 1. Cellular and molecular tools. Culture and phenotyping of chondrocytes in primary culture -- Culture of chondrocytes in alginate beads -- Immortalization of human articular chondrocytes for generation of stable, differentiated cell lines -- Culture of immortalized chondrocytes and their use as models of chondrocyte function -- Generation of pluripotent stem cells and their differentiation to the chondrocytic phenotype -- Semiquantitative analysis of gene expression in cultured chondrocytes by RT-PCR -- Quantification of mRNA expression levels in articular chondrocytes with PCR technologies -- RNA extraction from cartilage -- Gene expression analysis in cartilage by in situ hybridization -- Analysis of differential gene expression in healthy and osteoarthritic cartilage and isolated chondrocytes by microarray analysis -- High-efficiency nonviral transfection of primary chondrocytes -- In vitro gene transfer to chondrocytes and synovial fibroblasts by adenoviral vectors -- Changes of chondrocyte metabolism in vitro: an approach by proteomic analysis -- Analysis of chondrocyte functional markers and pericellular matrix components by flow cytometry --v. 2. Structure and in vivo analysis. Generation and use of transgenic mice as models of osteoarthritis -- Development and clinical application in arthritis of a new immunoassay for serum type IIA procollagen NH2 propeptide -- Histological and immunohistological studies on cartilage -- Histochemical visualization of the cartilage hyaladherins using a biotinylated hyaluronan oligosaccharide bioaffinity probe -- Methods for cartilage and subchondral bone histomorphometry -- Laser-mediated microdissection as a tool for molecular analysis in arthritis -- Analysis of protein distribution in cartilage using immunofluorescence and laser confocal scanning microscopy -- Molecular and biochemical assays of cartilage components -- Mechanical characterization of native and tissue-engineered cartilage -- Noninvasive study of human cartilage structure by MRI -- High-resolution MRI techniques for studies in small-animal models -- High-resolution imaging of osteoarthritis using microcomputed tomography -- High-resolution ultrasonograpy for analysis of age- and disease-related cartilage changes -- Evaluation of cartilage composition and degradation by high-resolution magic-angle spinning nuclear magnetic resonance -- Pulsed-field gradient-nuclear magnetic resonance (PFG NMR) to measure the diffusion of ions and polymers in cartilage: applications in joint diseases -- Dynamics of collagen in articular cartilage studied by solid-state NMR methods -- Computerized protocol for anatomical and functional studies of joints.
- Cartilage imaging 2011, Springer
- Cartilage repair strategies 2007, SpringerArticular cartilage : structure, biology, and function / Kyle R. Flik ... [et al.] -- Evaluating outcome following cartilage procedures / Robert G. Marx -- MRI and articular cartilage : evaluating lesions and postrepair tissue / Hollis G. Potter, Li F. Foo, and Andrew D. Pearle -- Decision making in cartilage repair procedures / Riley J. Williams III and Robert H. Brophy -- Nonoperative treatment options for symptomatic cartilage lesions / Marc C. Drakos and Answorth A. Allen -- Marrow stimulation and microfracture for the repair of articular cartilage lesions / Daniel J. Solomon, Riley J. Williams III, and Russell F. Warren -- Cartilage repair with chitosan-glycerol phosphate-stabilized blood clots / Michael D. Buschmann ... [et al.] --Autologous osteochondral transplantation / Anthony Miniaci, Clinton Jambor, and Frank A. Petrigliano -- Articular cartilage resurfacing using synthetic resorbable scaffolds / Riley J. Williams III and Gabriele G. Niederauer -- Autologous chondrocyte implantation / Deryk G. Jones and Lars Peterson -- Osteochondral allograft transplantation / Joseph Yu and William D. Bugbee -- Matrix-induced autologous chodrocyte implantation / David Wood and Ming Hao Zheng -- Cell-based cartilage repair using the hyalograft transplant / Maurilio Marcacci ... [et al.] --Allogeneic chodrocyte-based cartilage repair using alginate beads / Peter C.M. Verdonk ... [et al.] -- The role of knee osteotomy in the setting of articular cartilage repair / Keith M. Baumgarten and Thomas L. Wickiewicz -- Management of osteochondritis dissecans / Mininder S. Kocher and Joseph J. Czarnecki -- Meniscus transplantation and cartilage resurfacing : considerations, indications, and approach / Scott A. Rodeo -- Articular cartilage repair strategies in the ankle joint / Monika Volesky, Timothy Charlton, and Jonathan T. Deland -- Management of cartilage injuries in the hip / Bryan T. Kelly, Patrick P. Sussman, and Robert L. Buly -- Rehabilitation strategies following articular cartilage surgery in the knee / John T. Cavanaugh.
- Cartilage restoration 2014, SpringerAttempting to bridge the gap between the science and art of cartilage restoration, Cartilage Restoration: Practical Clinical Applications combines an overview of clinical research and methodologies with clinical cases to help guide the orthopedic treatment and care of patients presenting with cartilage issues. With chapters written by internationally-renowned orthopedic surgeons, topics include an overview of current surgical options, debridement and marrow stimulation, autograft plug transfer, allografts, cell therapy, and meniscal issues. Cartilage Restoration is a valuable resource for orthopedic surgeons, residents, and fellows.
- Casebook of orthopedic rehabilitation 2008, Springer
- Cervical spine. 5th ed. 2012, Ovid"This is the most comprehensive spine resource available. It is authored by members of the Cervical Spine Research Society, which is the premier society dealing with cervical spine problems. Cervical spine problems are treated by both neurosurgeons and orthopaedic surgeons. We will have a corresponding web site that will contain the book content plus the basic science content and videos of procedures with some updates"--Provided by publisher.
- Chapman's Orthopaedic surgery. 3rd ed. 2001, Ovid
- Children's orthopaedics and fractures. 3rd ed. 2010, SpringerPart 1. Overview -- General Principles / Roderick D. Duncan -- Growth and Its Variants / Roderick D. Duncan -- Children and Young People with Disability: Management and Support / Zoë M. Dunhill -- Anesthesia and Analgesia in Children / Edward Doyle -- Paediatric Imaging / David J. Wilson and Gina M. Allen -- Part 2. Generalized Disorders -- Gait Analysis / Tim N. Theologis -- Bone, Cartilage, and Fibrous Tissue Disorders / William G. Cole -- Metabolic and Endocrine Disorders of the Skeleton / Roger Smith -- Blood Disorders and AIDS / Christopher A. Ludlam and John E. Jellis -- Infections of Bones and Joints / Klaus Parsch and Sydney Nade -- Skeletal Tuberculosis / Kenneth C. Rankin and Surendar M. Tuli -- Children's Orthopaedics in the Tropics / Sharaf B. Ibrahim and Abdul-Hamid Abdul-Kadir -- Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis / Günther E. Dannecker and Martin N. Arbogast -- Bone Tumors / Gérard Bollini, Jean-Luc Jouve, Franck Launay, Elke Viehweger and Yann Glard, et al. -- Part 3. Neuromuscular Disorders -- Neuromotor Development and Examination / Robert A. Minns -- Hereditary and Developmental Neuromuscular Disorders / Eugene E. Bleck and James E. Robb -- Neural Tube Defects, Spina Bifida, and Spinal Dysraphism / H. Kerr Graham and Klaus Parsch -- Poliomyelitis / Wang Chow, Yun Hoi Li and Chi Yan John Leong -- Orthopaedic Management of Cerebral Palsy / James E. Robb and Reinald Brunner -- Arthrogryposis multiplex congenita / John A. Fixsen -- Part 4. Regional Disorders -- Developmental Anomalies of the Hand / Peter D. Burge -- The Shoulder and Elbow / John A. Fixsen -- Brachial Plexus Injuries Peripheral Nerve Injuries / Alain L. Gilbert and Rolfe Birch -- Leg Deformity and Length Discrepancy / John A. Fixsen, Robert A. Hill and Franz Grill -- The Limping Child / F. Stig Jacobsen and Göran Hansson -- Developmental Dysplasia of the Hip / Michael K.D. Benson and Malcolm F. Macnicol -- Legg-Calvé-Perthes Disease / Andrew M. Wainwright and Anthony Catterall -- Slipped Capital Femoral Epiphysis / Malcolm F. Macnicol and Michael K. D. Benson -- The Knee / David M. Hunt and Malcolm F. Macnicol -- The Foot / John A. Fixsen -- The Clubfoot: Congenital Talipes Equinovarus / Deborah M. Eastwood -- Pes Cavus / John A. Fixsen -- Congenital Vertical Talus (Congenital Convex Pes Valgus) / John A. Fixsen -- Congenital Disorders of the Cervical Spine / Robert N. Hensinger -- Back Pain in Children / Robert A. Dickson -- Spinal Deformities / Robert A. Dickson -- Spondylolisthesis / Robert A. Dickson -- Part 5. Fractures -- Principles of Fracture Care / Malcolm F. Macnicol and Alastair W. Murray -- Fracture Epidemiology / Lennart A. Landin -- Polytrauma in Children / Peter P. Schmittenbecher and Cathrin S. Parsch -- Management of Growth Plate Injuries / Franck Accadbled and Bruce K. Foster -- Birth and Non-accidental Injuries / Peter J. Witherow, Michael K.D Benson and Jacqueline Y.Q. Mok -- Fractures Around the Shoulder and the Humerus / J.B. Hunter -- Fractures of the Elbow and Forearm / James B. Hunter and Klaus Parsch -- Wrist and Hand Fractures / Malcolm F. Macnicol and Klaus Parsch -- Fractures of the Pelvis / Peter W. Engelhardt -- Femoral Neck Fractures / Peter W. Engelhardt -- Femoral Shaft Fractures / Klaus Parsch -- Fractures of the Knee and Tibia / Carol-C. Hasler -- Ankle Fractures / Klaus Parsch and Francisco Fernandez Fernandez -- Fractures and Dislocations of the Foot / Francisco Fernandez Fernandez -- Traumatic Disorders of the Cervical Spine / Robert N. Hensinger -- Fractures of the Thoracic and Lumbar Spine / Robert N. Hensinger and Clifford L. Craig.
- Chondral disease of the knee 2006, Springer
- Classic papers in orthopaedics 2014, Springer
- Classifications and scores of the shoulder 2006, Springer
- Clinical examination in orthopedics 2012, Springer
- Clinical tests for the musculoskeletal system. 2nd ed. 2008, Thieme BookThe mainstay of orthopedic diagnosis continues to be the physical examination of the patient following a thorough history. This convenient pocketbook presents a comprehensive collection of the clinical tests that are used in orthopedic diagnosis, thereby answering the following questions: What tests are available for examining a particular joint, and how are they to be interpreted? What is meant by the name of a test that is mentioned in the literature or in a physician's report? The methodology and interpretation of all relevant test procedures are presented in almost 500 instructive drawings and brief descriptions: Initial tests, Functional tests, Stress tests, Stability tests. Tables on the examination of the spinal column, shoulder joint, and knee joint help in selecting the most suitable examinations. An invaluable aid for physical therapists, orthopedic surgeons, and primary care or emergency room physicians.
- Clinical trials in osteoporosis. 2nd ed. 2007, Springer
- Clinical trials in rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis 2008, Springer
- Color atlas of clinical orthopedics 2009, Springer
- Combined scintigraphic and radiographic diagnosis of bone and joint diseases. 4th, rev. and enl. ed. 2013, SpringerIn this fourth edition of Combined Scintigraphic and Radiographic Diagnosis of Bone and Joint Diseases, the text has been thoroughly amended, updated, and partially rearranged to reflect the latest advances. In addition to discussing the role of pinhole imaging in the range of disorders previously covered, the new edition pays detailed attention to the novel diagnostic use of gamma correction pinhole bone scan in a broad spectrum of skeletal disorders, including physical, traumatic, and sports injuries, infectious and non-infectious bone diseases, benign and malignant bone tumors, and soft tissue diseases. A large number of state of the art pinhole scans and corroborative CT, MRI, and/or ultrasound images are presented side by side. The book has been enlarged to encompass various new topics, including occult fractures; cervical sprain and whiplash trauma; bone marrow edema; microfractures of trabeculae; evident, gaping, and stress fractures; and differential diagnosis. This new edition will be essential reading for practitioners and researchers in not only nuclear medicine but also radiology, orthopedic surgery, and pathology.
- Common musculoskeletal problems 2010, Springer
- Complex fractures of the limbs 2014, SpringerThis book provides up-to-date guidance on the diagnosis and treatment of the most important complex fractures of the limbs, including fractures of the proximal and distal humerus, fractures and dislocations of the elbow, fractures of the distal radius, pelvis, acetabulum, distal femur, proximal tibia, tibial pilon, calcaneus and osteoporotic knee fractures. The most complex articular fractures are analyzed, soft tissue coverage is reviewed, and the management of open fractures and nonunions is described and illustrated. Other chapters consider damage control management and immediate bone fixation in the polytrauma patient, skeletal reconstruction and rehabilitation of complex fractures of the limbs. The book offers guidance to orthopaedic surgeons on which treatment options afford the best preservation of fully functional joints around the fractured bone. With this goal in mind, the authors have developed strategies that can restore full articular function of the limbs in both the short and the long term. Complex Fractures of the Limbs will be an invaluable aid to orthopaedic surgeons in treating patients with this very common and important clinical problem.
- Complications in knee and shoulder surgery 2009, Springer
- 5-minute orthopaedic consult. 2nd ed. — Complications in knee and shoulder surgery (102)
- Comprehensive anatomy of motor functions — International advances in foot and ankle surgery (102)
- International perspectives on spinal cord injury — Pediatric bone sarcomas (102)
- Pediatric bone. 2nd ed. — Young adult hip in sport (99)
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
Bookmark on other websites
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases