Books by Subject
- 5-minute orthopaedic consult. 2nd ed. ..
- — Epiphyseal growth plate fractures ......
- Essential dance medicine ...............
- — Oncology and basic science .............
- Operative dictations in orthopedic su...
- — Ultrasound of the musculoskeletal sys...
- Ultrasound-guided musculoskeletal pro...
- — Wrist arthroscopy ......................
- 5-minute orthopaedic consult. 2nd ed. 2007, Ovid
- Abnormal skeletal phenotypes 2005, Springer
- Achilles tendon 2007, Springer
- ACL handbook 2013, Springer
- ACL-deficient knee 2013, Springer"The ACL-Deficient Knee: A Problem Solving Approach, focuses on problem analysis and problem solving, as well as analyzing the possibility of prevention. In each chapter, the biomechanics, anatomy, etc. that are relevant to the topic are reviewed. There are chapters where highly specialized surgical techniques are presented (v. gr. double bundle reconstruction or meniscal transplant), as well as developing areas such as ACL tears in children, where we are finding a growing number of injuries due to the increase of sports at early ages."--publisher's website
- Acute and chronic finger injuries in ball sports 2013, SpringerNeglected finger injuries may lead to chronic lesions that often have detrimental consequences for the practice of a ball sport, whether at a recreational level or at the top athlete level. The initial injury management is crucial. Depending on the type and the severity of the lesions, different people may get involved: the players themselves or their entourage, physiotherapists, club doctors, emergency physicians, family doctors, sports doctors or hand surgeons. Treatment is usually conservative: the long fingers require rapid mobilization to prevent stiffness and contrary to that, the thumb requires stability. Surgery may be necessary to reach these goals especially for athletes, because of the demands of their sport. Chronic lesions are also in part related to repeated trauma, requiring specialized long-term multidisciplinary treatment. They can often lead to the end of a sporting career, but also may limit the functionality of the fingers at the time of conversion.
- Adult and pediatric spine. 3rd ed. 2004, Ovid
- Adult hip. 2nd ed. 2007, Ovid
- Adult reconstruction 2007, Ovid
- Advances in spinal fusion 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Aging spine 2005, Springer
- Amputation, prosthesis use, and phantom limb pain 2010, Springer
- Anterior knee pain and patellar instability. 2nd ed. 2011, SpringerBackground: Patellofemoral Malalignment Versus Tissue Homeostasis Myths and Truths About Patellofemoral Disease -- In Search of the Etiology of Anterior Knee Pain -- Biological Causes of Anterior Knee Pain -- Pathogenesis of Anterior Knee Pain in the Active Young: Is There a Relation Between the Presence of Patellofemoral Malalignment and Pain? What Have We Learned from Realignment Surgery? -- Unilateral Anterior Knee Pain as a Sign of Knee Asymmetry -- Biomechanical Bases for Anterior Knee Pain and Patellar Instability -- Anatomy of Patellar Dislocation -- Evaluation of the Patient with Anterior Knee Pain and Patellar Instability -- Influence of Psychological Factors on Pain and Disability in Anterior Knee Pain Patients -- Uncommon Causes of Anterior Knee Pain -- Risk Factors and Prevention of Anterior Knee Pain -- Non-operative Treatment of Athletes with Anterior Knee Pain: Science, Classical, and New Ideas -- Conservative Management of Anterior Knee Pain: The McConnell Program -- Skeletal Malalignment and Anterior Knee Pain: Rationale, Diagnosis, and Management -- Patellar Tendinopathy: Where Does the Pain Come From? -- Biochemical Causes of Patellar Tendinopathy? -- The Pathophysiology of Patellofemoral Arthritis -- Prevention of Anterior Knee Pain After Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction -- Anterior Knee Pain with Special Emphasis on the Clinical, Radiographic, Histological, Ultrastructural, and Biochemical Aspects After Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction Using Autografts -- Imaging and Musculoskeletal Modeling to Investigate the Mechanical Etiology of Patellofemoral Pain -- Computational Models for Investigating the Patellofemoral Joint: Clinical Relevance.Kinetic Analysis: A Sensitive Outcome Objective Measurement Method in Evaluating Lateral Patellar Instability A Preliminary Study -- Kinetic and Kinematic Analysis in Evaluating Patients with Anterior Knee Pain -- Failure of Patellofemoral Surgery: Analysis of Clinical Cases -- Neuromatous Knee Pain: Evaluation and Management -- Kinetic and Kinematic Analysis of Iatrogenic Medial Patellar Instability: Clinical Relevance -- Ultrasound and Doppler-Guided Arthroscopic Shaving for the Treatment of Patellar Tendinopathy/Jumper's Knee: Biological Background and Description of Method -- Arthroscopic Patellar Denervation for Anterior Knee Pain -- Reconstruction of the Medial Patellofemoral Ligament: How I Do It -- Reconstruction of the Medial Patellofemoral Ligament: How I Do It -- MPFL Reconstruction: Principles and Complications -- Reconstruction of the Lateral Patellofemoral Ligament: How I Do It -- Reconstruction of the Lateral Patellofemoral Ligament: How I Do It -- Osteotomies Around the Patellofemoral Joint -- Sulcus Deepening Trochleoplasty -- Rotational Tibial Osteotomy -- Rotational Femoral Osteotomy -- Patella Infera and Patella Alta -- Combined Tibial Tubercle Realignment and MPFL Reconstruction -- Anteromedial Tibial Tubercle Osteotomy (Fulkerson Osteotomy) -- The Patella Thinning Osteotomy: A New Technique for Patellofemoral Arthritis -- Cartilage Restoration in the Patellofemoral Joint -- Autologous Osteochondral Mosaicplasty -- Patellofemoral Allografts -- Patellofemoral Arthroplasty: Pearls and Pitfalls -- The Patellofemoral Arthroplasty: The Great Solution, the Great Problem -- A Philosophy of the Patellofemoral Joint: A Logical Clinical Approach -- Epilogue.
- Arthroscopic and endoscopic spinal surgery. 2nd ed. 2005, SpringerFrom cauterization to arthroscopic and endoscopic spine surgery / Parviz Kambin -- Arthroscopic and endoscopic anatomy of the lumbar spine / Parviz Kambin -- Instruments and surgical approaches for minimally invasive spinal surgery via a posterolateral access / Parviz Kambin -- Herniated lumbar disc and lumbar radiculopathy / Parviz Kambin -- Management of discogenic pain and spinal instability using minimally invasive surgical techniques / Parviz Kambin -- Lateral recess stenosis of the lumbar spine foraminoplasty / Parviz Kambin -- The role of the epidural and radicular veins in chronic back pain and radiculopathy / Wesley W. Parke -- Diagnostic and therapeutic percutaneous transpedicular approaches to the spine / Alexander G. Hadjipavlou ... [et al.] -- Selective endoscopic discectomy : twelve years experience / Anthony T. Yeung -- Minimally invasive posterior fusion and internal fixation with ATAVI system / Richard D. Guyer and Terry P. Corbin -- Vertebral augmentation for osteoporotic compression fractures / Isador H. Lieberman and Daisuke Toga -- Principles of transthoracic, transperitoneal, and retroperitoneal endoscopic techniques to the thoracic and lumbar spine / Geoffrey M. McCullen and Hansen A. Yuan -- Use of the laser in minimally invasive spinal surgery and pain management / John C. Chiu and Martin H. Savitz --Minimally invasive techniques in pain management / James Reynolds and Garrett Kine -- Experience with minimally invasive nucleus replacement / Michele Marcolongo ... [et al.] -- Interspinous process implant for the treatment of lateral and central spinal stenosis : operative technique and results / Douglas Wardlaw -- Frameless stereotactic imaging techniques in minimally invasive spine surgery / Alexander R. Vaccaro, Kern Singh, and Laurence N. Fitzhenry -- The rise and the fall of chemonucleolysis / James W. Simmons, Jr. and Robert D. Fraser -- Lumbar microendoscopic discectomy / Trent L. Tredway and Richard Fessler.
- Arthroscopic management of distal radius fractures 2010, SpringerArthroscopic Management of DRUJ Instability Following TFCC Ulnar Tears / Andrea Atzei -- Radial Side Tear of the Triangular Fibrocartilage Complex / Toshiyasu Nakamura -- Arthroscopic Management of Scapholunate Dissociation / Tommy Lindau -- Lunotriquetral and Extrinsic Ligaments Lesions Associated with Distal Radius Fractures / Didier Fontès -- Management of Concomitant Scaphoid Fractures / Christophe Mathoulin -- Perilunate Dislocations and Fracture Dislocations/Radiocarpal Dislocations and Fracture Dislocations / Mark Henry -- The Role of Arthroscopy in Postfracture Stiffness / Riccardo Luchetti -- Treatment of the Associated Ulnar-Sided Problems / Pier Paolo Borelli and Riccardo Luchetti -- Arthroscopic-Assisted Osteotomy for Intraarticular Malunion of the Distal Radius / Francisco del Piñal -- The Role of Arthroscopic Arthrodesis and Minimal Invasive Surgery in the Salvage of the Arthritic Wrist : Midcarpal Joint / Joseph F. Slade -- Arthroscopic Radiocarpal Fusion for Post-Traumatic Radiocarpal Arthrosis / Ho Pak-Cheong.
- Arthroscopic management of ulnar pain 2012, Springer
- Articular cartilage defects of the knee 2012, Springer1. Regeneration of Articular Cartilage of the Knee: Basic Concepts / E. Carlos Rodríguez-Merchán and Hortensia De la Corte-García -- 2. Articular Cartilage Defects of the Knee: Diagnosis and Treatment / Michael Heim and Israel Dudkiewicz -- 3. Imaging Techniques of Articular Cartilage / Carmen Martín-Hervás -- 4. Refixation of Detached Fragments / Eduardo García-Rey -- 5. Debridement, Joint Lavage and Cartilage Shaving / Alonso Moreno-García -- 6. Drilling, Abrasion and Microfractures / José L. Leal-Helmling and Santiago Bello-Prats -- 7. Osteochondral Transplantation and Mosaicplasty / Julián Fernández-González -- 8. Autologous Chondrocyte Implantation / Primitivo Gómez-Cardero, E. Carlos Rodríguez-Merchán, and Ángel Martínez-Lloreda -- 9. Alignment Osteotomies / E. Carlos Rodríguez-Merchán and Hortensia De la Corte-García -- 10. Rehabilitation of Chondral Lesions of the Knee / Hortensia De la Corte-Rodríguez, Juan M. Román-Belmonte, and Hortensia De la Corte-García -- 11. Medical Treatment: Intra-Articular Injections of Hyaluronic Acid / E. Carlos Rodríguez-Merchán and Hortensia De la Corte-García.
- Atlas of back pain 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Atlas of bone pathology 2013, SpringerBone is a living tissue prone to develop a diverse array of inflammatory, metabolic, genetic, reactive, circulatory and neoplastic abnormalities. The Atlas of Bone Pathology describes and selectively illustrates the normal and pathologic conditions that afflict human bone, focusing heavily on tumor and tumor-like conditions of bone and their non-neoplastic mimics. Supplemented with radiographic and special study images, this extraordinary collection of high quality digital images aid continuing efforts to recognize, understand, and accurately interpret the light microscopic findings in bone
- Atlas of postmenopausal osteoporosis. 3rd ed. 2010, Springer
- Atlas of the patellofemoral joint 2013, SpringerPart I: Etiopathogenic Bases and Therapeutic Implications -- Background: Patellofemoral Malalignment Versus Tissue Homeostasis -- In Search of the Etiology of Anterior Knee Pain -- Biological Causes of Anterior Knee Pain -- Pathogenesis of Anterior Knee Pain in the Active Young: Is There a Relation Between the Presence of Patellofemoral Malalignment and Pain? -- Unilateral Anterior Knee Pain as a Sign of Knee Asymmetry -- Biomechanical Bases for Anterior Knee Pain and Patellar Instability -- Anatomy of Patellar Dislocation -- Evaluation of the Patient with Anterior Knee Pain and Patellar Instability -- Influence of Psychological Factors on Pain and Disability in Anterior Knee Pain Patients -- Uncommon Causes of Anterior Knee Pain -- Risk Factors and Prevention of Anterior Knee Pain -- Non-operative Treatment of Athletes with Anterior Knee Pain: Science, Classical, and New Ideas -- Conservative Management of Anterior Knee Pain: The McConnell Program -- Skeletal Malalignment and Anterior Knee Pain: Rationale, Diagnosis, and Management -- Biochemical Causes of Patellar Tendinopathy? -- Prevention of Anterior Knee Pain After Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction -- Anterior Knee Pain with Special Emphasis on the Clinical, Radiographic, Histological, Ultrastructural, and Biochemical Aspects After Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction Using Autografts -- Part II: Emerging Technologies for Investigating Patellofemoral Joint. Clinical Relevance -- Imaging and Musculoskeletal Modeling to Investigate the Mechanical Etiology of Patellofemoral Pain -- Computational Models for Investigating the Patellofemoral Joint: Clinical Relevance -- Kinetic Analysis: A Sensitive Outcome Objective Measurement Method in Evaluating Lateral Patellar Instability -- Kinetic and Kinematic Analysis in Evaluating Patients with Anterior Knee Pain -- Part III: Clinical Cases Commented -- Failure of Patellofemoral Surgery: Analysis of Clinical Cases -- Neuromatous Knee Pain: Evaluation and Management -- Kinetic and Kinematic Analysis of Iatrogenic Medial Patellar Instability: Clinical Relevance -- Part IV: Surgical Techniques "How I Do It" -- Ultrasound and Doppler-Guided Arthroscopic Shaving for the Treatment of Patellar Tendinopathy/Jumper's Knee: Biological Background and Description of Method -- Arthroscopic Patellar Denervation for Anterior Knee Pain -- Reconstruction of the Medial Patellofemoral Ligament: How I Do It -- Reconstruction of the Medial Patellofemoral Ligament: How I Do It -- MPFL Reconstruction: Principles and Complications -- Reconstruction of the Lateral Patellofemoral Ligament: How I Do It -- Reconstruction of the Lateral Patellofemoral Ligament: How I Do It -- Osteotomies Around the Patellofemoral Joint -- Sulcus Deepening Trochleoplasty -- Rotational Tibial Osteotomy -- Rotational Femoral Osteotomy -- Patella Infera and Patella Alta -- Anteromedial Tibial Tubercle Osteotomy (Fulkerson Osteotomy) -- The Patella Thinning Osteotomy: A New Technique for Patellofemoral Arthritis -- Cartilage Restoration in the Patellofemoral Joint -- Autologous Osteochondral Mosaicplasty -- Patellofemoral Allografts -- Patellofemoral Arthroplasty: Pearls and Pitfalls -- The Patellofemoral Arthroplasty: The Great Solution, the Great Problem -- A Philosophy of the Patellofemoral Joint: A Logical Clinical Approach.
- Autologous resurfacing and fracture dowelling 2012, Springer1. Historical Observations -- 2. Microscopical Anatomy -- 3. Bone Growth -- 4. Regeneration and Healing -- 5. Ceramic Bone Substitutes -- 6. Operating Technique for Cartilage-Bone Grafting -- 7. Clinical Practice in Autologous Resurfacing® -- 8. Fracture Dowelling -- 9. Bone-Tendon-Bone ACL Plastic -- 10. Instrumentation -- 11. Conclusion.
- Axis vertebra 2013, SpringerPart I: Embryology -- Anatomy -- Biomechanics -- Imaging -- Part II: Fractures of the Axis -- Fractures of the Odontoid Process -- Fractures of the Vertebral Body -- Fractures of the Posterior Arch -- Multiple or Complex Fractures -- Atlantoaxial Dislocation -- Part III: Surgical Approaches -- Transmandible Approach -- Part IV: Infections -- Congenital Malformations -- Tumors.
- Balloon kyphoplasty 2008, Springer
- Basic principles of external skeletal fixation using the Ilizarov and other devices. Second edition. [2nd ed.] 2012, SpringerWhen it was developed, the Ilizarov device represented a revolutionary advance that made it possible to correct previously untreatable conditions through the stimulation of bone growth based on the principle of distraction osteogenesis. The device subsequently gained popularity among surgeons throughout the world since it can be used for the treatment of fractures that have failed to heal satisfactorily and for deformity correction. The technique is, however, complex and requires specialist knowledge if it is to be applied optimally.This is the second edition of a well-received book that focuses primarily on external fixation using the Ilizarov device but also considers other devices employed for the purpose. The opening chapters include discussion of biomechanical principles, use of a system of coordinates to allow safer insertion of K-wires and half pins, preoperative preparation, and principles of frame construction. External fixation of a variety of fractures in different pathologic settings is then clearly explained in a series of detailed chapters with the aid of high-quality illustrations. Numerous case reports are included to illustrate the results of different treatment methods. In addition, principles of postoperative management are described and advice is provided on correction of errors and treatment of complications. Since the first edition the text has been thoroughly updated, with inclusion of contributions from leading world experts. This volume will serve as an indispensable manual both for trainee orthopedic surgeons embarking on a steep learning curve and for more experienced surgeons requiring advice and guidance in demanding cases.
- Basics of musculoskeletal ultrasound 2013, SpringerIntroduction -- Understanding Accreditation and Certification in Musculoskeletal Ultrasound -- Choosing Ultrasound Equipment -- Knobology -- Tissue Scanning -- Hand and Fingers -- Wrist -- Elbow -- Shoulder -- Foot and Toes -- Ankle -- Knee -- Hip -- Groin -- Ultrasound Guidance of Injections -- Rheumatologic Findings.
- Best evidence for spine surgery 2012, ScienceDirectCervical disk herniation : anterior cervical diskectomy and fusion versus arthroplasty / Mir H. Ali, Frank M. Phillips -- Multilevel anterior cervical diskectomy and fusion : bone-grafting options / Sheeraz A. Qureshi, Andrew C. Hecht, Scott D. Boden -- Ossification of the posterior longitudinal ligament : anterior versus posterior approach / Garrick W. Cason, Edward R. Anderson III, Harry N. Herkowitz -- Minimally invasive approaches to thoracic disk herniations / Alfred T. Ogden, Michael G. Kaiser, Richard G. Fessler -- Lumbar disk herniation with mild neurological deficit : microdiskectomy versus conservative treatment / Kelli L. Crabtree, Paul M. Arnold -- Cervical spondylosis-spinal stenosis : laminoplasty versus laminectomy and fusion / Yu-Po Lee, Niraj Patel, Steven R. Garfin -- Lumbar degenerative disk disease : fusion versus artificial disk / Michael F. Duffy, Jack E. Zigler -- Degenerative spondylolisthesis with radicular pain : decompression only versus decompression and fusion / Tuan V. Nguyen, Robert A. McGuire Jr. -- Asymptomatic intradural Schwannoma : surgery versus radiosurgery versus observation / Christopher E. Mandigo, Paul C. McCormick -- Pseudotumor : transoral versus posterior fusion / Daniel M. Sciubba ... [et al.] -- Odontoid fracture in the elderly : odontoid screws versus posterior fusion / Harvey E. Smith, Scott D. Daffner, Alexander R. Vaccaro -- C1-C2 fusion : transarticular screws versus Harms procedure / Thomas J. Kesman, Bradford L. Currier -- Multilevel cervical corpectomy : anterior-only versus circumferential instrumentation / Andrew J. Schoenfeld, Christopher M. Bono -- Cervical jumped facets and incomplete neurological deficit : closed reduction versus urgent surgery / Michael A. Finn, Paul A. Anderson -- Laminectomy across cervico thoracic junction : fusion versus non fusion / Timothy E. Link, Rahul Jandial, Volker K.H. Sonntag -- Vertebral metastases : ventral and dorsal approach versus lateral -- Extracavitary transpedicular approach / John H. Shin, Edward C. Benzel -- Degenerative scoliosis: anterior and posterior fusion versus posterior fusion / Krishna Gumidyala, Sigurd Berven -- Sagittal imbalance: multiple Smith-Petersen osteotomies versus pedicle substraction osteotomies / Jamal McClendon ... [et al.] -- -- L1-S1 fusion: extending to T12 and pelvis and when to include L5-S1 anterior grafting / Steven Mardjetko -- High-grade spondylolisthesis : reduction and fusion versus in situ fusion / Matthew B. Maserati, Christopher I. Shaffrey, Adam S. Kanter.
- Biological calcification 2007, Springer
- Biomaterials 2007, CRCnetBASEMetallic biomaterials / Joon B. Park and Young Kon Kim -- Ceramic biomaterials / W.C. Billotte -- Polymeric biomaterials / Hai Bang Lee, Gilson Khang, and Jin Ho Lee -- Composite biomaterials / Roderic S. Lakes -- Biodegradable hydrogels : tailoring properties and function through chemistry and structure / Andrew T. Metters and Chien-Chi Lin -- Biodegradable polymeric biomaterials : an updated overview / Chih-Chang Chu -- Biologic biomaterials : tissue-derived biomaterials (collagen) / Shu-Tung Li -- Soft tissue replacements / K.B. Chandran, K.J.L. Burg, and S.W. Shalaby -- Hard tissue replacements / Sang-Hyun Park ... [et al.] -- Controlling and assessing cell-biomaterial interactions at the micro- and nanoscale : applications in tissue engineering / Jessica Kaufman, Joyce Y. Wong, and Catherine Klapperich.
- Biomaterials in hand surgery 2009, Springer
- Biomechanics in ergonomics. 2nd ed. 2008, CRCnetBASETheories of occupational musculoskeletal injury causation / Shrawan Kumar -- Anthropometry and biomechanics, anthromechanics / Karl H.E. Kroemer -- Mechanical exposure assessment in the design of work / W. Patrick Neumann and Richard Wells -- Tissue mechanics of ligaments and tendons / Savio L.-Y. Woo ... [et al.] -- Ligament sprains and healing / Richard S. Boorman ... [et al.] -- Bone biomechanics and fractures / Stefan Judex ... [et al.] -- Determinants of muscle strength / Walter Herzog -- Functional anatomy of the upper limb / Anil Walji -- Hand grasping, finger pinching, and squeezing / Sheik N. Imrhan -- Hand tools / Anil Mital, Anand Subramaniam, and Arunkumar Pennathur -- Biomechanics of gloves / Ram R. Bishu, V. Gnaneswaran, and Liu Dahai -- Work and activity-related musculoskeletal disorders of the upper extremity / Richard Wells and Peter Keir -- The ACGIH TLV for hand activity level / Thomas J. Armstrong -- Biomechanical models of the hand, wrist, and elbow in ergonomics / Richard E. Huges and Kai-Nan An -- Biomechanical modeling of the shoulder anatomy / Krystyna Gielo-Perczak and Jon Rasmussen -- Whiplash injuries : in-vitro studies / Narayan Yoganandan ... [et al.] -- Whiplash injuries : in-vivo studies / Robert Ferrari -- Low back disorders / Edgar Ramos Vieira -- Models in manual materials handling / Jeffrey C. Woldstad, M.M. Ayoub, and James L. Smith -- Revised NIOSH lifting equation / Thomas R. Waters -- Whole body vibration / Judy Village and James B. Morrison -- Cumulative load and models / Shrawan Kumar -- Posture / Stephan Konz -- Biomechanics in work seating design / Jorgen Eklund -- Biomechanics during ladder and stair climbing and walking on ramps and other irregular surfaces / Andrew S. Merryweather and Donald S. Bloswick -- Slips, trips, and falls / Raoul Gronquist.
- Biomechanics of lower limb prosthetics 2010, Springer
- Biomechanics of the upper limbs. 1st ed. 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Bisphosphonates in medical practice 2007, Springer
- Bone and cancer 2009, Springer
- Bone and cartilage engineering 2006, Springer
- Bone and development 2010, SpringerGenetic and epigenetic aspects of bone development -- Tissue interactions in long bone development -- The epiphyseal growth plate -- Hedgehog signaling in growth plate and bone development -- Role of microRNA in skeleton development -- FGF/FGFR signaling in skeletal dysplasias -- The role of hypoxia-induced factors -- BMP signaling in skeletogenesis -- Wnt signaling in bone development -- Development of the craniofacial complex -- Dentin and bone: similar collagenous mineralized tissues -- Evolution of bone proteins -- Osteogenesis imperfect -- Fibrodysplasia ossificans progressive: developmental implications of a novel metamorphogene -- Bone-mineral homeostasis and associated pathologies -- Interrelationship between bone and other tissues: brain-bone axis and bone-adipo axis -- Mechanobiology of bone development and computational simulations.
- Bone and mineral manual. 2nd ed. 2005, ScienceDirectIndications for bone mass measurement / Dorothy A. Nelson, Michael Kleerekoper -- A practical guide to bone densitometry / Dorothy A. Nelson, Michael Kleerekoper -- Laboratory analyses useful in the diagnosis of bone and calcium metabolic disorders / Hunter Heath, III -- Biochemical markers of bone remodeling / Michael Kleerekoper -- Skeletal imaging: radiographs, computed tomography (CT), and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) / Harry K. Genant -- Scintigraphy / Ignac Fogelman -- Hypocalcemia and hypercalcemia in neonates / Winston Koo -- Preterm infants with fractures / Winston Koo -- Rickets / John M. Pettifor --Osteogenesis imperfecta / Jay R. Shapiro, Paul Sponseller -- Juvenile osteoporosis / Craig B. Langman -- Fibrous dysplasia / Frederick S. Kaplan -- Optimizing peak bone mass / John M. Pettifor -- Bone disorders associated with primary or secondary amenorrhea / Michelle P. Warren, Sari Halpert -- Nephrolithiasis / Murray J. Favus -- Acute spinal cord injury and traumatic brain injury / Albert C. Clairmont, Velimir Matkovic -- Reflex sympathetic dystrophy / Albert C. Clairmont, Velimir Matkovic -- Evaluation of the patient with low bone density / Marjorie Luckey -- Calcium and vitamin D / Bess Dawson-Hughes --Pharmacologic therapy / Nelson Watts, Michael McClung -- Nonpharmacologic prevention and management of falls and fractures / Susan Greenspan -- Osteoporosis in men / Eric Orwoll -- Steroid-induced osteoporosis / Barbara P. Lukert -- Organ transplantation / Elizabeth Shane -- Paget disease of bone / Ethel S. Siris -- Renal bone diseases / Paul D. Miller, Edgar V. Lerma -- Metastatic bone disease / Socrates E. Papapoulos -- Osteomalacia / Carolyn Becker -- High bone mass / Michael P. Whyte -- Hypercalcemia -- Line Vautour, David Goltzman -- Primary hyperparathyroidism / John P. Bilezikian -- Hypocalcemia / Frederick R. Singer -- Phosphorous and magnesium / S. Abbas Raza, Marc K. Drezner -- Principles of patient and family education and support / Betsy McClung -- Resources for education and support / Betsy McClung.
- Bone and osteoarthritis 2007, Springer
- Bone cancer. 1st ed. 2010, ScienceDirectChapter 1. Epidemiology of Primary Bone Tumors and Economical Aspects of Bone Metastases / Esther I. Hauben, Pancras C.W. Hogendoorn -- Chapter 2. Tumor-Bone Cell Interactions in Bone Metastases / Pierrick G.J. Fournier, Lauren K. Dunn, Gregory A. Clines, Theresa A. Guise -- Chapter 3. Early Bone Metastasis-Associated Molecular and Cellular Events / Philippe Clézardin -- Chapter 4. Regulation of Osteoblast Differentiation and Bone Cancers by Wnt and PTH Signaling Pathways / Julia Billiard, John A. Robinson, Ramesh A. Bhat, Bheem M. Bhat, Richard J. Murrills, Peter V.N. Bodine -- Chapter 5. Osteoclast Differentiation and Function / Luis Filgueira -- Chapter 6. Immunoregulation of Osteoclast Differentiation in Multiple Myeloma Bone Disease / Maria Grano, Giacomina Brunetti, Silvia Colucci -- Chapter 7. Facts and Hypothesis on Osteolytic Lesions Related to Normal and Tumoral Epithelial Dental Cell Differentiation / Blandine Ruhin, Frédéric Lézot, Aymann Bouattour, Sonia Ghoul-Mazgar, Ariane Berdal, Vianney Descroix -- Chapter 8. The Role of the Interleukin-6 Family of Cytokines in Bone Remodeling and Bone Cancer / Frédéric Blanchard, Emmanuelle David, Bénédicte Brounais -- Chapter 9. Proteases and Therapeutic Approaches of Bone Tumors / Velasco C. Ruiz, Y. Fortun, D. Heymann, M. Padrines -- Chapter 10. Bone Remodeling Markers and Bone Cancer / Markus J. Seibel -- Chapter 11. Cytogenetic and Molecular Genetic Alterations in Bone Tumors / Suvi Savola, Tom Böhling, Sakari Knuutila -- Chapter 12. Cytogenetics of Bone Tumors / Jiyun Lee, Mallory Martin, Shibo Li -- Chapter 13. Genetic Aspects of Bone Tumors / Shamini Selvarajah, Maria Zielenska, Jeremy A. Squire, Paul C. Park -- Chapter 14. Proteomics of Bone Cancer / Stephanie Byrum, Eric R. Siegel, Sudeepa Bhattacharyya, Larry J. Suva -- Chapter 15. Genomic and Proteomic Profiling of Osteosarcoma / Tsz-Kwong Man, Pulivarthi H. Rao, Ching C. Lau -- Chapter 16. Molecular Pathology of Osteosarcoma / Walter C. Bell, Gene P. Siegal -- Chapter 17. Technical Aspects: How Do We Best Prepare Bone Samples for Proper Histological Analysis? / Daniel Chappard -- Chapter 18. Osteoclast-rich Lesions of Bone: A Clinical and Molecular Overview / Adrienne M. Flanagan, Roberto Tirabosco, Panagiotis D. Gikas -- Chapter 19. Recent Advances in the Biology of Bone Tumors and New Diagnostic Tools / Gonzague de Pinieux, Corinne Bouvier -- Chapter 20. Ewing's Sarcoma Family of Tumors / Joseph D. Khoury -- Chapter 21. The Histopathology of Skeletal Metastases / Ping Tang, David G. Hicks --Chapter 22. Interventional Radiologic Techniques and their Contribution to the Management of Bone Tumors / Robert G. Jones, Eric J. Heffernan, Faisal Rashid, Peter L. Munk -- Chapter 23. Imaging of Bone Metastases / Nieroshan Rajarubendra, Nathan Lawrentschuk -- Chapter 24. Diagnosis of Skeletal Metastases in Malignant Extraskeletal Cancers / Holger Schirrmeister, Coskun Arslandemir -- Chapter 25. Pain Control with Palliative Radiotherapy in Bone Metastases / Alysa Fairchild, Amanda Hird, Edward Chow -- Chapter 26. Mechanisms and Management of Bone Cancer Pain / Ma'ann C. Sabino, Denis R. Clohisy -- Chapter 27. Malignant Skeletal Pain: Mechanisms and Potential Therapeutic Opportunities / Monica Herrera, Juan Miguel Jimenez-Andrade, Marina Vardanyan, Patrick W. Mantyh -- Chapter 28. Animal Models of Malignant Primary Bone Tumors and Novel Therapeutic Approaches / Julie Rousseau, François Lamoureux, Gaëlle Picarda, François Gouin, Valérie Trichet, Françoise Rédini -- Chapter 29. In vivo Models Used in Studies of Bone Metastases / Ingunn Holen, Michelle A. Lawson -- Chapter 30. Cytokine Gene Therapy in Bone Remodeling / Carl D. Richards, David Smyth -- Chapter 31. Non-surgical Treatment of Chondrosarcoma: Current Concepts and Future Perspectives / Eric L. Staals, Emanuela Palmerini, Stefano Ferrari, Mario Mercuri -- Chapter 32. Mechanistic Role of RANKL in Cancer-induced Bone Diseases and Development of a Targeted Therapy to Inhibit this Pathway / William C. Dougall -- Chapter 33. Chondrosarcoma of Bone: Diagnosis and Therapy / Arne Streitbuerger, Jendrik Hardes, Georg Gosheger -- Chapter 34. Current Status of Immunotherapy for Osteosarcoma and its Future Trends / Kanji Mori, Kosei Ando, Yoshitaka Matsusue, Dominique Heymann -- Chapter 35. Bisphosphonates, Bone Health and the Clinical Biology of Bone Metastases from Breast Cancer / Alexander H.G.Paterson -- Chapter 36. A Multi-targeted Approach to Treating Bone Metastases / Robert D. Loberg, Kenneth J. Pienta -- Chapter 37. Bone Metastases of Prostatic Cancer: Pathophysiology, Clinical Complications, Actual Treatment and Future Directions / Sara De Dosso, Fernanda G. Herrera, Dominik R. Berthold -- Chapter 38. Apoptosis and Drug Resistance in Malignant Bone Tumors / Udo Kontny.
- Bone densitometry for technologists. 2nd ed. 2006, Springer
- Bone densitometry in clinical practice. 3rd ed. 2010, SpringerDensitometry techniques -- Skeletal anatomy in densitometry -- Statistical overview for the non-statistician densitometrist -- Quality control -- Radiation safety in x-ray densitometry -- Bone density data among technologies and manufacturers -- Selecting patients for bone mass measurements : clinical guidelines -- Selecting patients for bone mass measurements : self-assessment indices -- Diagnosing ostoporosis -- Predicting fracture risk -- Monitoring changes in bone density -- Secondary causes of osteoporosis -- New applications for DXA -- Reporting densitometry --FDA-approved densitometry devices..
- Bone densitometry in growing patients 2007, SpringerRationale for bone densitometry in childhood and adolescence / Aenor J. Sawyer and Laura K. Bachrach -- Tools for measuring bone in children and adolescents / Kate A. Ward, Zulf Mughal, and Judith E. Adams -- Dual-energy x-ray absorptiometry / Nicola J. Crabtree, Mary B. Leonard, and Babette S. Zemel -- Clinical indications for the use of DXA in pediatrics / Laura K. Bachrach ... [et al.] -- Acquisition of DXA in children and adolescents / Nicola J. Crabtree, Kyla Kent, and Babette S. Zemel -- Analysis / Moira Petit ... [et al.] -- Evaluation / Babette S. Zemel and Moira Petit -- Reporting DXA results / Ellen B. Fung ... [et al.] -- Children with special considerations / Laurie J. Moyer-Mileur, Zulf Mughal, and Ellen B. Fung -- Research considerations / Mary B. Leonard and Moira Petit -- Looking to the future of pediatric bone densitometry / Nicholas J. Bishop, Aenor J. Sawyer, and Mary B. Leonard.
- Bone disease of organ transplantation 2005, ScienceDirectBone disease after kidney transplantation / S.L-S Fan and John Cunningham -- Histologic abnormalities of bone before and after kidney transplantation / Marie-Claude Monier-Faugere and Hartmut H. Malluche --Bone disease following kidney-pancreas and pancreas transplantation / Stuart M. Sprague -- Bone disease after liver transplantation / Nuria Guañabens and Ana Monegal -- Bone disease in patients before and after cardiac transplantation / Adi Cohen and Elizabeth Shane -- Bone loss in patients before and after lung transplantation / Emily Stein and Elizabeth Shane -- Transplantation for cystic fibrosis: effect on the skeleton / Robert M. Aris and David A. Ontjes -- Bone disease after bone marrow transplantation / Peter R. Ebeling -- Osteonecrosis and organ transplantation / Neveen A.T. Hamdy -- Pediatric transplant bone disease / Mary B. Leonard and Craig B. Langman -- -- Management of bone disease in candidates for organ transplant / Susan M. Ott -- Management: prevention of bone loss after organ transplantation / Philip Sambrook -- Management: established osteoporosis in organ transplant recipients / Ian R. Reid.Principles of transplantation immunology / Mario C. Deng ... [et al.] -- Bone biology: bone structure and remodeling / Lawrence G. Raisz -- Skeletal effects of glucocorticoids: basic and clinical aspects / Ernesto Canalis -- Transplantation bone disease induced by non-steroid immunosuppressants / Solomon Epstein, Angela M. Inzerillo, and Mone Zaidi -- Molecular effects of calcineurin inhibitors / Adina E. Schneider, Mone Zaidi, and Solomon Epstein -- Bone and the immune system / W. Neale Weitzmann and Roberto Pacifici -- -- Fracture prevalence and incidence in solid organ transplant recipients / Bart L. Clarke and Gudrun Leidig-Bruckner -- Bone histomorphometetry and its application to transplantation bone disease / Juliet Compston -- The role of parathyroid hormone in the evolution of bone loss after organ transplantation / Mishaela R. Rubin and John P. Bilezikian -- The role of hypogonadism in the evolution of bone loss before and after cardiac transplantation / Hans-Ulrich Stempfle -- Pathogenesis of transplantation bone disease: a unifying hypothesis / Richard Eastell, Kim E. Naylor, and Annie M. Cooper --
- Bone health in children 2012, CRCnetBASE"This book provides a rational basis for understanding how to ensure adequate bone health in children. It discusses the recommended dietary intakes of calcium and vitamin D in pediatric health as well as appropriate sources of these nutrients. The text presents information on the maintenance and improvement of bone health in children and adolescents. Chapters cover peak bone mass and prevention of bone loss diseases; bone formation; nutritional needs for calcium and vitamin D based on age; additional key nutrients needed for healthy bones; exercise and management of chronic illnesses; genetics and bone health; and future directions towards targeted dietary recommendations"--Provided by publisher.
- Bone metastasis 2005, SpringerOverview / Sadmeet Singh and Gurmit Singh -- Parathyroid hormone-related peptide and malignancy / David Goltzman -- Vitamin D and vitamin D analogs in cancer / Richard Kremer and Shafaat A. Rabbani -- Role of TGF and IGF in tumor progression and bone metastases / Erin Giles and Gurmit Singh -- Biologic and therapeutic implications of osteomimicry and epithelial/mesenchymal transition in prostate cancer / Wen-Chin Huang, Valerie Odero-Marah, and Leland W.K. Chung -- The roles of immune-cell derived matrix metalloproteinases in tumor growth and metastasis / Kristina A. Szabo and Gurmit Singh -- Contribution of osteopontin to the development of bone metastasis / Alison L. Allan ... [et al.] -- The role of interleukin-11 in osteolytic bone metastasis / Ryan R. Simon ... [et al.] -- Cell adhesion moleculars in tumor metastasis / Sujata Persad ... [et al.] --Antithrombotics in tumor growth and metastasis / Shaker A. Mousa -- Challenges and strategies in the analysis of multiple events in oncology / Pierre P. Major and Richard J. Cook -- Integrins : novel targets for the treatment of bone metastasis / Graham C. Parry ... [et al.] -- Bone metastasis and pathological fractures : bone tissue engineering as a novel therapy / Laurie A. McDuffee, Nigel Colterjohn, and Gurmit Singh -- Role of photodynamic therapy for bone metastasis / Shane Burch and Albert J.M. Yee -- Docetaxel for metastatic cancer and its role in combination therapies for advanced prostate cancer / Ellen K. Wasan ... [et al.] -- The use of tetracyclines for bone metastasis / Eric Seidlitz, Zeina Saikali, and Gurmit Singh -- Role of bisphosphonates in skeletal metastases / Arif Hussain and Fred Saad -- Radiation treatment of bone metastases / Edward Chow, Jackson Wu, and Elizabeth Toni Barnes.
- Bone morphogenetic proteins 2006, Springer
- Bone pathology. 2nd ed. 2009, SpringerBone structure, development and bone biology -- Structure and function of joints -- Biomechanics: part I -- Biomechanics: part II -- Laboratory in orthopedic practice -- Genetics and molecular biology of bone and soft tissue tumors -- Grossing of bone and soft tissue (common specimens and procedures) -- Bone histomorphometry and undecalcified sections -- Radiology of the musculoskeletal system -- Skeletal trauma and common orthopedic problems -- Surgical pathology of bone infections -- Arthropathies -- Surgical pathology of prosthetic materials -- Osteoporosis and metabolic bone disease -- Inherited and dysplastic conditions of the skeleton -- Musculoskeletal neoplasms: an introduction -- Medical management of sarcomas -- Radiation therapy for sarcomas -- Surgical pathology of bone tumors and tumor-like lesions -- Tumors of soft tissue.
- Bone quantitative ultrasound 2011, Springer
- Bone regeneration and repair 2005, SpringerBone dynamics: morphogenesis, growth modeling, and remodeling / Jeffrey O. Hollinger -- Fracture repair / Charles Sfeir ... [et al.] -- Common molecular mechanisms regulating fetal bone formation and adult fracture repair / Theodore Miclau ... [et al.] -- Biology of bone grafts / Victor M. Goldberg and Sam Akhavan -- Cell-based strategies for bone regeneration: from developmental biology to clinical therapy / Scott P. Bruder and Tony Scaduto -- Biology of the vascularized fibular graft / Elizabeth Joneschild and James R. Urbaniak -- Growth factors and osteogenesis / Stephen B. Trippel -- Bone grafts and bone graft substitutes / Doug Sutherland and Mathias Bostrom --Gene transfer approaches to enhancing bone healing / Oliver Betz ... [et al.] -- Bone morphogenic proteins and other growth factors to enhance fracture healing and treatment of nonunions / Calin S. Moucha and Thomas A. Einhorn -- The Ilizarov technique for bone regeneration and repair / James Aronson -- Spinal fusion: biology and clinical applications / K. Craig Boatright and Scott D. Boden -- Bone allograft transplantation: theory and practice / Henry J. Mankin ... [et al.] -- Bone grafting for total joint arthroplasty: biology and clinical applications / Moussa Hamadouche and Daniel J. Berry -- Biophysical stimulation using electrical, electromagnetic, and ultrasonic fields: effects on fracture healing and spinal fusion / James T. Ryaby -- Vascularized fibula grafts: clinical applications / Richard S. Gilbert and Scott W. Wolfe -- Craniofacial repair / Bruce A. Doll ... [et al.] -- Bone regeneration techniques in the orofacial region / Samuel E. Lynch.
- Bone resorption 2005, SpringerOsteoclast: origin and differentiation /Janet Rubin and Edward M. Greenfield --Osteolytic enzymes of osteoclasts /Merry Jo Oursler --Regulation of osteoclast activity /Roland Baron and William C. Horne --Structural aspects of bone resorption /Steven D. Bain and Ted S. Gross --Inflammatory cytokines /Mark S. Nanes and Roberto Pacifici --Genetics and mutations affecting osteoclast development and function /Mark C. Horowitz, Melissa A. Kacena, Joseph A. Lorenzo --Clinical disorders associated with alterations in bone resorption /Janet Rubin and Mark S. Nanes --Pharmaceuticals for bone disease targeting the osteoclast /Lorraine A. Fitzpatrick --Skeletal complications of malignancy: central role for the osteoclast /Gregory A. Clines, John M. Chirgwin, Theresa A. Guise.
- Bone tissue engineering 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Bones and cartilage 2005, ScienceDirect
- Burkhart's View of the shoulder 2006, OvidVisualization -- Angle of approach -- Creating a stable construct -- Understanding and recognizing pathology -- The tough stuff -- Exposing the hidden arthroscopic landmarks -- Insurmountable problems -- Gaining speed and tricks of the trade -- Order of steps -- Rotator cuff tear patterns -- Postoperative rehabilitation -- Operating room set-up -- Instability -- SLAP repair -- Subacromial procedures (non-cuff) -- Stiffness -- Rotator cuff -- Biceps -- Tricks and tips -- Assorted conditions -- The future.
- Campbell's Operative orthopaedics. 11th ed. v. 1-4, 2008.Print Material
- Campbell's Operative orthopaedics. 12th ed. 2013, MD Consultv. 1. General principles -- Reconstructive procedures of the hip in adults -- Reconstructive procedures of the knee in adults -- Reconstructive procedures of the ankle in adults -- Reconstructive procedures of the shoulder and elbow in adults -- Amputations -- Infections -- Tumors -- v. 2. Congenital and developmental disorders -- Nervous system disorders in children -- Fractures and dislocations in children -- The spine -- v. 3. Sports medicine -- Arthroscopy -- Fractures and dislocations in adults -- v. 4. Peripheral nerve injuries -- Microsurgery -- The hand -- The foot and ankle.
- Carpal ligament surgery 2013, SpringerNowadays, it is established that carpal ligamentary lesions may lead to instability and then to carpal arthritis. However, the variety of anatomopathological classifications and the multiplicity of surgical repair techniques reflect the difficulty of conceiving this ligamentary pathology. The clinical analysis and traditional investigation techniques face the complexity of the wrist. Its mechanical complexity is due to the number of synchronized bones in every movement of the hand. The clinical analysis of the wrist is insufficient to precisely measure the mobility of each carpal bone. Paraclinical examinations are also significant for clinical diagnosis. The tools available today range from X-rays to arthroscopy, including arthroCTscan and soon MRI. As concerns repair techniques, their diversity must not hide the fact that a biomechanical and physiological principle is involved and must be identified. This book is the result of a reflection of an expert group in the field of wrist pathology. It attempts to analyze, understand, explain and make comprehensible, if not obvious, the reflections that each practitioner should employ during the diagnosis and treatment of carpal ligamentary lesions. The focus is consciously not on degenerative carpal pathology, which usually enjoys more visibility. We hope that readers will benefit from the fact that fragmented pieces of knowledge are gathered in a single work, that they will find in this beginning synthesis inspiring to rethink a difficult and sometimes thankless surgery and to further the surgical advances of the 21st century.
- Cartilage and bone development and its disorders 2011, KargerChondrocyte proliferation and differentiation / Wuelling, M., Vortkamp, A. -- Local regulation of growth plate cartilage / Spth, S.-S. ... [et al.] -- Growth plate senescence and catch-up growth / Lui, J.C., Nilsson, O., Baron, J. -- Endocrine regulation of longitudinal bone growth / Wit, J.M., Camacho-Hübner, C. -- Estrogen signaling in growth plate cartilage / Karimian, E., Svendahl, L. -- Methods to study cartilage and bone development / Andrade, A.C. ... [et al.] -- Fibroblast growth factor-23 and phosphorus metabolism / Tiosano, D. -- Molecular defects causing skeletal dysplasias / Mkitie, O. -- Allele-specific gene silencing in osteogenesis imperfecta / Ljunggren, Ö. ... [et al.] -- Stem cells in skeletal physiology and endocrine diseases of bone / Bianco, P., Sacchetti, B., Riminucci, M. -- Cartilage tissue engineering / Moreira-Teixeira, L.S. ... [et al.].
- Cartilage and osteoarthritis 2004, Springer Protocolsv. 2 Springer ProtocolsA simple and reliable assay of proteoglycan synthesis by cultured chondrocytes -- Assays of proteoglycan and collagen degradation in cultures of rabbit cartilage explants -- Production of antibodies against degradative neoepitopes in aggrecan -- Immunoassays for collagens in chondrocyte and cartilage explant cultures -- Detection of apoptosis in cartilage in situ and in isolated chondrocytes -- Expression, activity, and regulation of MAP kinases in cultured chondrocytes -- Mechanical loading of chondrocytes embedded in 3D constructs: in vitro methods for assessment of morphological and metabolic response to compressive strain -- In vitro physical stimulation of tissue-engineered and native cartilage --v. 1. Cellular and molecular tools. Culture and phenotyping of chondrocytes in primary culture -- Culture of chondrocytes in alginate beads -- Immortalization of human articular chondrocytes for generation of stable, differentiated cell lines -- Culture of immortalized chondrocytes and their use as models of chondrocyte function -- Generation of pluripotent stem cells and their differentiation to the chondrocytic phenotype -- Semiquantitative analysis of gene expression in cultured chondrocytes by RT-PCR -- Quantification of mRNA expression levels in articular chondrocytes with PCR technologies -- RNA extraction from cartilage -- Gene expression analysis in cartilage by in situ hybridization -- Analysis of differential gene expression in healthy and osteoarthritic cartilage and isolated chondrocytes by microarray analysis -- High-efficiency nonviral transfection of primary chondrocytes -- In vitro gene transfer to chondrocytes and synovial fibroblasts by adenoviral vectors -- Changes of chondrocyte metabolism in vitro: an approach by proteomic analysis -- Analysis of chondrocyte functional markers and pericellular matrix components by flow cytometry --v. 2. Structure and in vivo analysis. Generation and use of transgenic mice as models of osteoarthritis -- Development and clinical application in arthritis of a new immunoassay for serum type IIA procollagen NH2 propeptide -- Histological and immunohistological studies on cartilage -- Histochemical visualization of the cartilage hyaladherins using a biotinylated hyaluronan oligosaccharide bioaffinity probe -- Methods for cartilage and subchondral bone histomorphometry -- Laser-mediated microdissection as a tool for molecular analysis in arthritis -- Analysis of protein distribution in cartilage using immunofluorescence and laser confocal scanning microscopy -- Molecular and biochemical assays of cartilage components -- Mechanical characterization of native and tissue-engineered cartilage -- Noninvasive study of human cartilage structure by MRI -- High-resolution MRI techniques for studies in small-animal models -- High-resolution imaging of osteoarthritis using microcomputed tomography -- High-resolution ultrasonograpy for analysis of age- and disease-related cartilage changes -- Evaluation of cartilage composition and degradation by high-resolution magic-angle spinning nuclear magnetic resonance -- Pulsed-field gradient-nuclear magnetic resonance (PFG NMR) to measure the diffusion of ions and polymers in cartilage: applications in joint diseases -- Dynamics of collagen in articular cartilage studied by solid-state NMR methods -- Computerized protocol for anatomical and functional studies of joints.
- Cartilage imaging 2011, Springer
- Cartilage repair strategies 2007, SpringerArticular cartilage : structure, biology, and function / Kyle R. Flik ... [et al.] -- Evaluating outcome following cartilage procedures / Robert G. Marx -- MRI and articular cartilage : evaluating lesions and postrepair tissue / Hollis G. Potter, Li F. Foo, and Andrew D. Pearle -- Decision making in cartilage repair procedures / Riley J. Williams III and Robert H. Brophy -- Nonoperative treatment options for symptomatic cartilage lesions / Marc C. Drakos and Answorth A. Allen -- Marrow stimulation and microfracture for the repair of articular cartilage lesions / Daniel J. Solomon, Riley J. Williams III, and Russell F. Warren -- Cartilage repair with chitosan-glycerol phosphate-stabilized blood clots / Michael D. Buschmann ... [et al.] --Autologous osteochondral transplantation / Anthony Miniaci, Clinton Jambor, and Frank A. Petrigliano -- Articular cartilage resurfacing using synthetic resorbable scaffolds / Riley J. Williams III and Gabriele G. Niederauer -- Autologous chondrocyte implantation / Deryk G. Jones and Lars Peterson -- Osteochondral allograft transplantation / Joseph Yu and William D. Bugbee -- Matrix-induced autologous chodrocyte implantation / David Wood and Ming Hao Zheng -- Cell-based cartilage repair using the hyalograft transplant / Maurilio Marcacci ... [et al.] --Allogeneic chodrocyte-based cartilage repair using alginate beads / Peter C.M. Verdonk ... [et al.] -- The role of knee osteotomy in the setting of articular cartilage repair / Keith M. Baumgarten and Thomas L. Wickiewicz -- Management of osteochondritis dissecans / Mininder S. Kocher and Joseph J. Czarnecki -- Meniscus transplantation and cartilage resurfacing : considerations, indications, and approach / Scott A. Rodeo -- Articular cartilage repair strategies in the ankle joint / Monika Volesky, Timothy Charlton, and Jonathan T. Deland -- Management of cartilage injuries in the hip / Bryan T. Kelly, Patrick P. Sussman, and Robert L. Buly -- Rehabilitation strategies following articular cartilage surgery in the knee / John T. Cavanaugh.
- Cartilage restoration 2014, SpringerAttempting to bridge the gap between the science and art of cartilage restoration, Cartilage Restoration: Practical Clinical Applications combines an overview of clinical research and methodologies with clinical cases to help guide the orthopedic treatment and care of patients presenting with cartilage issues. With chapters written by internationally-renowned orthopedic surgeons, topics include an overview of current surgical options, debridement and marrow stimulation, autograft plug transfer, allografts, cell therapy, and meniscal issues. Cartilage Restoration is a valuable resource for orthopedic surgeons, residents, and fellows.
- Casebook of orthopedic rehabilitation 2008, Springer
- Cervical spine. 5th ed. 2012, Ovid"This is the most comprehensive spine resource available. It is authored by members of the Cervical Spine Research Society, which is the premier society dealing with cervical spine problems. Cervical spine problems are treated by both neurosurgeons and orthopaedic surgeons. We will have a corresponding web site that will contain the book content plus the basic science content and videos of procedures with some updates"--Provided by publisher.
- Chapman's Orthopaedic surgery. 3rd ed. 2001, Ovid
- Children's orthopaedics and fractures. 3rd ed. 2010, SpringerPart 1. Overview -- General Principles / Roderick D. Duncan -- Growth and Its Variants / Roderick D. Duncan -- Children and Young People with Disability: Management and Support / Zoë M. Dunhill -- Anesthesia and Analgesia in Children / Edward Doyle -- Paediatric Imaging / David J. Wilson and Gina M. Allen -- Part 2. Generalized Disorders -- Gait Analysis / Tim N. Theologis -- Bone, Cartilage, and Fibrous Tissue Disorders / William G. Cole -- Metabolic and Endocrine Disorders of the Skeleton / Roger Smith -- Blood Disorders and AIDS / Christopher A. Ludlam and John E. Jellis -- Infections of Bones and Joints / Klaus Parsch and Sydney Nade -- Skeletal Tuberculosis / Kenneth C. Rankin and Surendar M. Tuli -- Children's Orthopaedics in the Tropics / Sharaf B. Ibrahim and Abdul-Hamid Abdul-Kadir -- Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis / Günther E. Dannecker and Martin N. Arbogast -- Bone Tumors / Gérard Bollini, Jean-Luc Jouve, Franck Launay, Elke Viehweger and Yann Glard, et al. -- Part 3. Neuromuscular Disorders -- Neuromotor Development and Examination / Robert A. Minns -- Hereditary and Developmental Neuromuscular Disorders / Eugene E. Bleck and James E. Robb -- Neural Tube Defects, Spina Bifida, and Spinal Dysraphism / H. Kerr Graham and Klaus Parsch -- Poliomyelitis / Wang Chow, Yun Hoi Li and Chi Yan John Leong -- Orthopaedic Management of Cerebral Palsy / James E. Robb and Reinald Brunner -- Arthrogryposis multiplex congenita / John A. Fixsen -- Part 4. Regional Disorders -- Developmental Anomalies of the Hand / Peter D. Burge -- The Shoulder and Elbow / John A. Fixsen -- Brachial Plexus Injuries Peripheral Nerve Injuries / Alain L. Gilbert and Rolfe Birch -- Leg Deformity and Length Discrepancy / John A. Fixsen, Robert A. Hill and Franz Grill -- The Limping Child / F. Stig Jacobsen and Göran Hansson -- Developmental Dysplasia of the Hip / Michael K.D. Benson and Malcolm F. Macnicol -- Legg-Calvé-Perthes Disease / Andrew M. Wainwright and Anthony Catterall -- Slipped Capital Femoral Epiphysis / Malcolm F. Macnicol and Michael K. D. Benson -- The Knee / David M. Hunt and Malcolm F. Macnicol -- The Foot / John A. Fixsen -- The Clubfoot: Congenital Talipes Equinovarus / Deborah M. Eastwood -- Pes Cavus / John A. Fixsen -- Congenital Vertical Talus (Congenital Convex Pes Valgus) / John A. Fixsen -- Congenital Disorders of the Cervical Spine / Robert N. Hensinger -- Back Pain in Children / Robert A. Dickson -- Spinal Deformities / Robert A. Dickson -- Spondylolisthesis / Robert A. Dickson -- Part 5. Fractures -- Principles of Fracture Care / Malcolm F. Macnicol and Alastair W. Murray -- Fracture Epidemiology / Lennart A. Landin -- Polytrauma in Children / Peter P. Schmittenbecher and Cathrin S. Parsch -- Management of Growth Plate Injuries / Franck Accadbled and Bruce K. Foster -- Birth and Non-accidental Injuries / Peter J. Witherow, Michael K.D Benson and Jacqueline Y.Q. Mok -- Fractures Around the Shoulder and the Humerus / J.B. Hunter -- Fractures of the Elbow and Forearm / James B. Hunter and Klaus Parsch -- Wrist and Hand Fractures / Malcolm F. Macnicol and Klaus Parsch -- Fractures of the Pelvis / Peter W. Engelhardt -- Femoral Neck Fractures / Peter W. Engelhardt -- Femoral Shaft Fractures / Klaus Parsch -- Fractures of the Knee and Tibia / Carol-C. Hasler -- Ankle Fractures / Klaus Parsch and Francisco Fernandez Fernandez -- Fractures and Dislocations of the Foot / Francisco Fernandez Fernandez -- Traumatic Disorders of the Cervical Spine / Robert N. Hensinger -- Fractures of the Thoracic and Lumbar Spine / Robert N. Hensinger and Clifford L. Craig.
- Chondral disease of the knee 2006, Springer
- Classifications and scores of the shoulder 2006, Springer
- Clinical examination in orthopedics 2012, Springer
- Clinical tests for the musculoskeletal system 2004, Thieme Book
- Clinical tests for the musculoskeletal system. 2nd ed. 2008, Thieme BookThe mainstay of orthopedic diagnosis continues to be the physical examination of the patient following a thorough history. This convenient pocketbook presents a comprehensive collection of the clinical tests that are used in orthopedic diagnosis, thereby answering the following questions: What tests are available for examining a particular joint, and how are they to be interpreted? What is meant by the name of a test that is mentioned in the literature or in a physician's report? The methodology and interpretation of all relevant test procedures are presented in almost 500 instructive drawings and brief descriptions: Initial tests, Functional tests, Stress tests, Stability tests. Tables on the examination of the spinal column, shoulder joint, and knee joint help in selecting the most suitable examinations. An invaluable aid for physical therapists, orthopedic surgeons, and primary care or emergency room physicians.
- Clinical trials in osteoporosis. 2nd ed. 2007, Springer
- Clinical trials in rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis 2008, Springer
- Color atlas of clinical orthopedics 2009, Springer
- Combined scintigraphic and radiographic diagnosis of bone and joint diseases. 4th, rev. and enl. ed. 2013, Springer
- Common musculoskeletal problems 2010, Springer
- Complications in knee and shoulder surgery 2009, Springer
- Computer and template assisted orthopedic surgery 2013, SpringerComputer-assisted surgery is a growing sub-discipline of orthopaedic surgery. This book offers a comprehensive presentation of scientific work and clinical experience including new technologies like individual templating in unicompartmental and total knee arthoplasty based on computer-assisted design technology. Computer-assisted surgery involves not only total knee and total hip arthroplasty, but also trauma, sports and revision surgery. In this edition we have added sections on 3D fluoroscopy-based spinal surgery as well as 3D fluoroscopy-based trauma surgery. Even in total hip surgery, navigation systems offer exciting new aspects, and the clinical benefit of navigation in total knee arthroplasties has now been demonstrated. We believe that this textbook will be of interest to those new to this specific field, while also providing an update for experienced users. An added benefit is the international character of this textbook, including experiences from Switzerland, Israel, the United States and the German-speaking countries.
- General principles and philosophy -- Resources and strategy -- Common terms -- Combining multiple impairments -- General guidelines for impairment ratings -- Upper extremity -- Lower extremity -- Spine and pelvis -- Skin -- Complex regional pain syndrome, causalgia, reflex sympathetic dystrophy.
- Corail® hip system 2011, SpringerHistory / Jean-Pierre Vidalain and Louis Setiey -- Basic Science / Tarik Aït Si Selmi, Jean-Marc Semay, Valéry Barbour, Michel-Henri Fessy and Michel Bonnin, et al. -- The Corail® Hip Stem / Steve Young, Markus C. Michel, Tarik Aït Si Selmi, Camdon Fary and Jean-Charles Rollier, et al. -- Corail® Outcomes / Scott Brumby -- The Corail Revision Family / Tim Board -- Part II. Approaches, Bearings, Cups and Direction: The ABC ... and D of Corail® -- Approaches / David Beverland -- Bearings / David Beverland -- Cups / David Beverland -- Direction / David Beverland -- Part III. Case Studies -- Case Studies: Pot-Pourri / Tarik Aït Si Selmi -- Part IV. The Next 25 Years -- Medico-Economic Considerations: Money Does Not Buy Happiness / Jens Boldt -- Educational Programme in Eastern Europe: The Russian Experience / Jens Boldt -- Educational Programme from Europe to Asia Pacific: Travelling the Seven Seas / Jens Boldt -- Erratum / Jean-Pierre Vidalain, Tarik Aït Si Selmi, David Beverland, Steve Young and Tim Board, et al.
- Craniofacial trauma 2010, Springer
- Current diagnosis & treatment in orthopedics 2006 (4th ed.)., AccessMedicine
- Damage control management in the polytrauma patient. 1st ed. 2010, Springer
- DeLee & Drez's Orthopaedic sports medicine. 3rd ed. 2009, MD Consult
- Diagnostic imaging of musculoskeletal diseases 2010, SpringerBone Structure and Function / Fayez F. Safadi and Jasvir S. Khurana -- Systematic Approach to Metabolic Diseases of Bone / Akbar Bonakdarpour -- Systematic Approach to Radiology of Endocrine Disorders Affecting the Musculoskeletal System / Akbar Bonakdarpour and Colleen Veloski -- Circulatory Diseases of Bone and Adjacent Soft Tissues / Wilfred C.G. Peh and Seoung-Oh Yang -- Imaging Approach to Musculoskeletal Trauma / William R. Reinus -- Imaging and Understanding Fracture Fixation / Bahman Rafiee -- Systematic Approach to Tumors and Focal Lesions of Bone / Shigeru Ehara and Jasvir S. Khurana -- Systematic Approach to Tumors and Tumor-Like Conditions of Soft Tissue / Theodore T. Miller, Carolyn M. Sofka, Paul Zhang and Jasvir S. Khurana -- Imaging Approach to Hemoglobinopathies / Avneesh Chhabra and William R. Reinus -- Imaging Approach to Musculoskeletal Infections / William R. Reinus -- Systematic Approach to Arthropathies / William R. Reinus -- Imaging of Prostheses / Sayed Ali and William R. Reinus -- Systematic Approach to Skeletal Dysplasias with Emphasis on Non-lethal Disorders / Akbar Bonakdarpour -- Interventional Procedures in Musculoskeletal Radiology / Jamshid Tehranzadeh, Scott Seibert and Afshin Gangi.
- Diet, nutrients, and bone health 2012, CRCnetBASE"Presenting recent advancements in research findings and the resulting new schools of thought on the physiology of human bone, this comprehensive reference examines information on dietary pattern and specific nutrients in bone health. Written by experts in the areas of nutrition, bone function, and medicine, chapters include research on a variety of bone-related topics including effects of vitamins, nutrients, and antioxidants; dietary requirements; physical exercise; bone hormones; lifestyle and effects through the life cycle; race and ethnicity; and prevention of bone diseases including osteopenia and osteoporosis"--Provided by publisher.
- Radiologic and pathologic approach to bone tumors -- Bone-forming (osteogenic) lesions -- Cartilage (chondrogenic) lesions -- Fibrogenic, fibroosseous, and fibrohistiocytic lesions -- Round cell lesions -- Vascular lesions -- Miscellaneous tumors and tumor-like lesions -- Metastases -- Tumors and tumor-like lesions of the joints.
- Disorders of the shoulder. 2nd ed. 2007, Ovid
- Double dynamic Martin screw (DMS) 2008, Springer
- Dupuytren's disease and related hyperproliferative disorders 2012, SpringerComprised of 54 separately authored chapters.
- Dynamics of bone and cartilage metabolism. 2nd ed. 2006, ScienceDirectStructure, biosynthesis and gene regulation of collagens in cartilage and bone / Klaus von der Mark -- Fibrillogenesis and maturation of collagens / Simon P. Robins -- Vitamin K dependent proteins of bone and cartilage / Caren M. Gundberg and Satoru K. Nishimoto -- Noncollagenous proteins: glycoproteins and related proteins / Dick Heinegård, Pilar Lorenzo, and Tore Saxne -- Proteoglycans and glycosaminoglycans / Tim Hardingham -- Growth factors / Philippa Hulley, Graham Russell, and Peter Croucher -- Prostaglandins and proinflammatory cytokines / Lawrence G. Raisz and Joseph A. Lorenzo -- Integrins and other adhesion molecules / M.H. Helfrich and M.A. Horton -- Alkaline phosphatases / José Luis Millán -- Acid phosphatases / Helena Kaija ... [et al.] -- Matrix proteinases / Ian M. Clark and Gillian Murphy -- Mineralization, structure and function of bone / Adele L. Boskey -- Bone structure and strength / Ego Seeman -- The cells of bone / Jane B. Lian and Gary S. Stein -- Signaling in bone / T. John Martin and Natalie A. Sims -- Parathyroid hormone: structure, function and dynamic actions / Lorraine A. Fitzpatrick and John P. Bilezikian -- Interaction of parathyroid hormone-related peptide with the skeleton / David Goltzman -- The vitamin D hormone and its nuclear receptor: mechanisms involved in bone biology / Geert Carmeliet ... [et al.] -- Sex steroid effects on bone metabolism / David G. Monroe, Thomas C. Spelsberg, and S. Khosla -- Physiology of calcium and phosphate homeostasis / René Rizzoli and Jean-Philippe Bonjour -- The central control of bone remodelling / Paul A. Baldock ... [et al.] -- New concepts in bone remodeling / David W. Dempster and Hua Zhou -- Products of bone collagen metabolism / Juha Risteli and Leila Risteli -- Supramolecular structure of cartilage matrix / Peter Bruckner -- Products of cartilage metabolism / Daniel-Henri Manicourt, Jean-Pierre Devogelaer, and Eugene J.-M.A. Thonar -- Fluid dynamics of the joint space and trafficking of matrix products / Peter A. Simkin --Transgenic models of bone disease / Barbara E. Kream and John R. Harrison -- The role of genetic variation in osteoporosis / André G. Uitterlinden ... [et al.] -- Measurement of calcium, phosphate and magnesium / Heinrich Schmidt-Gayk -- Measurement of parathyroid hormone / Harald Jüppner and Ghada El-Hajj Fuleihan -- New horizons for assessment of vitamin D status in man / Gary L. Lensmeyer, Neil Binkley, and Marc K. Drezner -- Measurement of biochemical markers of bone formation / Kim E. Naylor and Richard Eastell -- Measurement of biochemical markers of bone resorption / Marius E. Kraenzlin and Markus J. Seibel -- Variability in the measurement of biochemical markers of bone turnover / Tuan V. Nguyen, Christian Meier, and Markus J. Seibel -- Validation of biochemical markers of bone turnover / Kim Brixen and Erik Fink Eriksen -- Genetic markers of joint disease / Michel Neidhart, Renate E. Gay, and Steffen Gay -- Laboratory assessment of postmenopausal osteoporosis / Patrick Garnero and Pierre D. Delmas -- Monitoring anabolic treatment / John P. Bilezikian and Mishaela R. Rubin -- Monitoring of antiresorptive therapy / Christian Meier, Tuan V. Ngyen, and Markus J. Seibel -- Age-related osteoporosis and skeletal markers of bone turnover / Clifford J. Rosen -- Steroid-induced osteoporosis / Ian R. Reid -- Transplantation osteoporosis: biochemical correlates of pathogenesis and treatment / Carolina A. Moreira Kulak and Elizabeth Shane -- Secondary osteoporosis / Jean E. Mulder, Carolina A. Moreira Kulak, and Elizabeth Shane -- Osteomalacia and rickets / Marc K. Drezner -- Assessment of bone and joint diseases: renal osteodystrophy / Esther A. González, Ziyad Al Aly, and Kevin J. Martin -- Primary hyperparathyroidism / Shonni J. Silverberg, and John P. Bilezikian -- Paget's disease of bone / Andreas Grauer, Ethel Siris, and Stuart Ralston -- Metastatic bone disease / Jean-Jacques Body -- Rare bone diseases / Michael P. Whyte -- Osteogenesis imperfecta / Francis H. Glorieux and Frank Rauch -- Rheumatoid arthritis and other inflammatory joint pathologies / Steven R. Goldring and Mary B. Goldring -- Osteoarthritis and degenerative spine pathologies / Kristina Åkesson.
- Early development of total hip replacement 2006, Wellcome Trust
- Elbow arthroscopy 2013, SpringerAnatomy and Portals -- Arthroscopic Technique -- Osteochondritis Dissecans Lesions and Loose Bodies of the Elbow -- Arthroscopic Treatment of Lateral Epicondylitis -- Elbow Arthroscopy in Stiff Elbow -- The Role of Arthroscopy in Elbow Instability -- Endoscopy Around the Elbow -- Arthroscopic Treatment of Elbow Fractures -- Elbow Arthroscopy Complications -- Elbow Arthroscopy: The Future.
- Elbow. 2nd ed. 2002, Ovid
- Engineering of functional skeletal tissues 2007, Springer
- Epiduroscopy 2008, Springer
- Epiphyseal growth plate fractures 2007, Springer
- 5-minute orthopaedic consult. 2nd ed. ..
- — Epiphyseal growth plate fractures ......
- Essential dance medicine ...............
- — Oncology and basic science .............
- Operative dictations in orthopedic su...
- — Ultrasound of the musculoskeletal sys...
- Ultrasound-guided musculoskeletal pro...
- — Wrist arthroscopy ......................
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases