Books by Subject
- AAOS Atlas of orthoses and assistive devices. 4th ed. — Disorders of the hand. Volume 1, Hand injuries (165)
- Disorders of the hand. Volume 2, Hand reconstruction and nerve compression — Magnetic resonance imaging of the skeletal musculature (165)
- Malignant pediatric bone tumors : treatment & management — Post-traumatic arthritis : pathogenesis, diagnosis and management (165)
- Practical guide to neck dissection : focusing on the larynx. Second edition. [2nd ed.] — Young adult hip in sport (162)
- 2008 ClinicalKeyFisk, John R.; Hsu, John D.; Michael, John W.Also available: Print – 2008
- 2007 SpringerAlmekinders, Louis; Maffulli, Nicola.
- 2013 SpringerFleming, Braden C.; Murray, Martha M.; Vavken, Patrick.
- 2013 SpringerMonllau, Joan Carles; Sanchis-Alfonso, Vicente."The ACL-Deficient Knee: A Problem Solving Approach, focuses on problem analysis and problem solving, as well as analyzing the possibility of prevention. In each chapter, the biomechanics, anatomy, etc. that are relevant to the topic are reviewed. There are chapters where highly specialized surgical techniques are presented (v. gr. double bundle reconstruction or meniscal transplant), as well as developing areas such as ACL tears in children, where we are finding a growing number of injuries due to the increase of sports at early ages."--publisher's website
- 2013 SpringerChick, Grégoire.Neglected finger injuries may lead to chronic lesions that often have detrimental consequences for the practice of a ball sport, whether at a recreational level or at the top athlete level. The initial injury management is crucial. Depending on the type and the severity of the lesions, different people may get involved: the players themselves or their entourage, physiotherapists, club doctors, emergency physicians, family doctors, sports doctors or hand surgeons. Treatment is usually conservative: the long fingers require rapid mobilization to prevent stiffness and contrary to that, the thumb requires stability. Surgery may be necessary to reach these goals especially for athletes, because of the demands of their sport. Chronic lesions are also in part related to repeated trauma, requiring specialized long-term multidisciplinary treatment. They can often lead to the end of a sporting career, but also may limit the functionality of the fingers at the time of conversion.
- 2014 SpringerKerkhoffs, Gino M.M.J; Servien, Elvire.
- 2004 OvidAn, Howard S.; Frymoyer, John W.; Wiesel, Sam W.Also available: Print – v. 1-2, 2004.
- 2007 OvidCallaghan, John J.; Rosenberg, Aaron G.; Rubash, Harry E.Also available: Print – v. 1-2., 2007
- 2007 OvidBerry, Daniel J.; Steinmann, S.
- 2007 ClinicalKeyBeredjiklian, Pedro K.; Garino, Jonathan P.Total hip arthroplasty / Sharat K. Kusuma and Jonathan P. Garino -- Total knee arthroplasty / Javad Parvisi, Peter Sharkey, and James A. Sanfilippo -- Ankle arthroplasty / Sudheer Reddy, David I. Pedowitz, and Enyi Okereke -- Shoulder arthroplasty / Joseph A. Abboud, Charles L. Getz, and Gerald R. Williams, Jr. -- Elbow arthroplasty / Bradford Parsons, Sudheer Reddy, and Matthew L. Ramsey -- Total joint replacement. Effects of materials and designs on osteolysis / Ian C. Clarke, Thomas Donaldson, and Christopher Jobe ; Greater expectations and greater loads : implications for biomechanics / Edward Ebramzadeh, Sophia N. Sangiorgio, and Ian C. Clarke -- Joint kinematics and biomechanics of the hip and knee / Craig L. Israelite ... [et al.] -- Joint biology / David Glaser -- Biology of bone graft / Gregory F. Carolan, Kingsley R. Chin, and Matthew Werger -- Joint anatomy / Mark I. Froimson, Robert Molloy, and Steve Maschke -- Arthritis / Neil P. Sheth and Charles L. Nelson -- Preoperative assessment / William G. Hamilton and Ehsan Tabaraee -- Total wrist arthroplasty / David J. Bozentka and Robert B. Carrigan -- Arthroplasty in the joints of the hand / Pedro K. Beredjiklian, Virak Tan, and Sanjiv Naidu -- Limb salvage techniques in lower extremity segmental bone defects / Harish S. Hosalkar, Kristofer J. Jones, and Richard D. Lackman -- Outcomes assessment / Norman A. Johanson and Douglas L. Cerynik -- Particle disease and implant allergy / Nadim J. Hallab and Joshua J. Jacobs.
- 2006 Thieme eNeurosurgeryBrockmeyer, Douglas L.This text presents state-of-the-art techniques for surgery of the craniovertebral junction and cervical spine. It provides concise explanations of the underlying principles of each technique and insights into the unique issues in pediatric surgery.
- 2015 SpringerEralp, Levent; Kocaoğlu, Mehmet; Tsuchiya, Hiroyuki.As a result of recent advances in surgical techniques and implant technology it is now possible to perform limb reconstruction in patients with a range of congenital, posttraumatic, and postinfection pathologies. This book is a clear, practical guide to the state-of-the-art surgical procedures employed in limb reconstruction for diverse conditions. It includes precise descriptions of the techniques themselves, accompanied by numerous helpful drawings and photographs. Pearls and pitfalls are highlighted, and thorough advice is also provided on indications, preoperative planning, and postoperative follow-up. The editors have carefully selected the contributors based on their expertise, and many of the authors were themselves responsible for developing the techniques that they describe.
- 2012 Future MedDe Ruggieri, Pietro; Picci, Piero.Advances in bone metastasis management / Piero Picci & Pietro Ruggieri -- Pathways to metastases : how do metastases develop in bone / Jeff Toreson & Robert E. Turcotte -- Metastatic spread to bone : the role of chemotherapy / Stefano Ferrari, Emanuela Palmerini, Andreas F. Mavrogenis & Pietro Ruggieri -- Bone stroma inhibition in prostate cancer / Michael A. Carducci & Daniel Keizman -- Management of bone metastases in breast cancer / Toni Ibrahim & Dino Amadori -- Radiotherapy for bone metastases / Julia Di Giovanni, Janet Nguyen, Marko Popovic & Edward Chow -- Bisphosphonates for bone metastases / Esther Chan & Urban Emmenegger -- Surgical treatment for spinal metastases / Roberto Casadei, Andreas F. Mavrogenis, Marco Manfrini & Pietro Ruggieri -- Surgical treatment for pelvic bone metastases / Andreas F Mavrogenis, Eugenio Brunocilla, Giuseppe Bianchi, Nicola Fabbri & Pietro Ruggieri -- Surgical treatment for metastatic pathological fractures / Andreas F. Mavrogenis, Roberto Casadei & Pietro Ruggieri -- Palliative treatments : selective arterial embolization for bone metastases / Giuseppe Rossi, Andreas F. Mavrogenis, Piero Picci & Pietro Ruggieri -- Palliative treatments : electrochemotherapy and thermoablation / Giuseppe Bianchi, Laura Campanacci, Eugenio Rimondi & Pietro Ruggieri -- Novel targeted therapies of bone tumors and future directions / Dominique Heymann -- Index.
- 2015 SpringerErverdi, Nejat; Motro, Melih.This book describes a new method of alveolar distraction osteogenesis that offers important advantages and can be used for the treatment of various orthopedic abnormalities and congenital malformations. Detailed guidance is provided on selection of patients suitable for alveolar distraction, including those with cleft lip and palate, skeletal class II malocclusions, and cystic lesions involving the alveolus. All aspects of treatment using the ArchWise distraction appliance are then covered, including technical preparation, surgical set-up and osteotomies, docking site surgery, orthodontic finishing, implant placement, and prosthetic restorations. Relevant information is also included on the principles of distraction osteogenesis and bone histology and quality after the procedure. The book concludes with helpful case presentations covering different scenarios in which ArchWise distraction of alveolar bone is appropriate.
- 2010 SpringerMurray, Craig D.
- 2014 SpringerDijk, C. N. van.Ankle injuries are often sport related and pose a diagnostic and therapeutic challenge. Over the past 25 years, Niek van Dijk, founder of the Amsterdam Foot and Ankle School and author of this book, has developed a new philosophy of ankle arthroscopy. It entails a comprehensive approach which includes various diagnostic strategies and the application of a number of minimally invasive endoscopic techniques. The procedures are based on research programs and long-term outcome studies performed at the Orthopaedic Research Center Amsterdam. Use of these techniques has spread throughout the world; they are now recognized as the state of the art and have been used to treat many leading professional athletes. This diagnostic and operating manual presents the Amsterdam Foot and Ankle School approach for a wide variety of ankle and hindfoot problems. Clear step-by-step instructions are provided with the help of numerous high-quality illustrations, most of which are in color. Access to a web-based educational site is also available to readers.
- 2014 SpringerHooghe, Pieter P. R. N. d'; Kerhoffs, Gino M. M. J.This book creates a unique platform that covers main ankle pathologies specifically related with football. Experiences from professional players have been combined with evidence-based medical content from renowned experts in the field to present a comprehensive picture on ankle injuries in football. Worldwide, ankle injuries present a high burden for sports medicine physicians, physiotherapists, players, and coaches in and around the football pitch. This book contains updated content for both medical and nonmedical individuals involved with football.
- 2007 ClinicalKeyProdromos, Chadwick C.Master the very latest clinical and technical information on the full range of anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction techniques. Both inside the remarkably user-friendly printed version of this Expert Consult title and on its fully searchable web site, you'll find detailed coverage of hamstring, allograft and bone-tendon-bone (BTB) ACL reconstruction (including single versus double bundle techniques), and hamstring graft harvesting; plus fixation devices, rehabilitation, revision ACLR surgery, and much more! Surgical technique videos on the bonus DVD help you hone and refine your skill set under the expert guidance of the leading authorities in the field. A "dream team" of ACL surgeons provides the advanced guidance you need to overcome the toughest challenges in this area. A comparison of the full range of graft options for ACL reconstruction makes it easier to choose the best approach for each patient. State-of-the-art information on the latest principles and technical considerations helps you avoid complications. ₁How to' principles of post-op rehabilitation and revision ACL surgery optimize patient outcome. The bonus DVD helps you hone and refine your surgical technique under the expert guidance of a "who's who" in ACL surgery. Access to the full contents of the book online enables you to consult it from any computer and perform rapid searches. Also available in an upgradeable premium online version including fully searchable text PLUS timely updates.
- 2014 SpringerDejour, David; Siebold, Rainer; Zaffagnini, Stefano.This practical and instructional guidebook, written by international experts in anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) reconstruction, covers all challenging aspects of ACL rupture in the acute and chronic setting. It covers the latest, spectacular anatomical findings, treatment of partial ACL tears, various techniques for single- and double-bundle ACL reconstruction, and complex ACL revision surgery. Important surgical steps are clearly described with the help of instructive, high-quality photographs. Important tips, tricks, and pitfalls are highlighted and intra- and postoperative complications, rehabilitation, and prevention of re-rupture are discussed. All authors are prominent and experienced ACL surgeons.
- 2011 SpringerSanchis-Alfonso, Vicente.Background: Patellofemoral Malalignment Versus Tissue Homeostasis Myths and Truths About Patellofemoral Disease -- In Search of the Etiology of Anterior Knee Pain -- Biological Causes of Anterior Knee Pain -- Pathogenesis of Anterior Knee Pain in the Active Young: Is There a Relation Between the Presence of Patellofemoral Malalignment and Pain? What Have We Learned from Realignment Surgery? -- Unilateral Anterior Knee Pain as a Sign of Knee Asymmetry -- Biomechanical Bases for Anterior Knee Pain and Patellar Instability -- Anatomy of Patellar Dislocation -- Evaluation of the Patient with Anterior Knee Pain and Patellar Instability -- Influence of Psychological Factors on Pain and Disability in Anterior Knee Pain Patients -- Uncommon Causes of Anterior Knee Pain -- Risk Factors and Prevention of Anterior Knee Pain -- Non-operative Treatment of Athletes with Anterior Knee Pain: Science, Classical, and New Ideas -- Conservative Management of Anterior Knee Pain: The McConnell Program -- Skeletal Malalignment and Anterior Knee Pain: Rationale, Diagnosis, and Management -- Patellar Tendinopathy: Where Does the Pain Come From? -- Biochemical Causes of Patellar Tendinopathy? -- The Pathophysiology of Patellofemoral Arthritis -- Prevention of Anterior Knee Pain After Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction -- Anterior Knee Pain with Special Emphasis on the Clinical, Radiographic, Histological, Ultrastructural, and Biochemical Aspects After Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction Using Autografts -- Imaging and Musculoskeletal Modeling to Investigate the Mechanical Etiology of Patellofemoral Pain -- Computational Models for Investigating the Patellofemoral Joint: Clinical Relevance. Kinetic Analysis: A Sensitive Outcome Objective Measurement Method in Evaluating Lateral Patellar Instability A Preliminary Study -- Kinetic and Kinematic Analysis in Evaluating Patients with Anterior Knee Pain -- Failure of Patellofemoral Surgery: Analysis of Clinical Cases -- Neuromatous Knee Pain: Evaluation and Management -- Kinetic and Kinematic Analysis of Iatrogenic Medial Patellar Instability: Clinical Relevance -- Ultrasound and Doppler-Guided Arthroscopic Shaving for the Treatment of Patellar Tendinopathy/Jumper's Knee: Biological Background and Description of Method -- Arthroscopic Patellar Denervation for Anterior Knee Pain -- Reconstruction of the Medial Patellofemoral Ligament: How I Do It -- Reconstruction of the Medial Patellofemoral Ligament: How I Do It -- MPFL Reconstruction: Principles and Complications -- Reconstruction of the Lateral Patellofemoral Ligament: How I Do It -- Reconstruction of the Lateral Patellofemoral Ligament: How I Do It -- Osteotomies Around the Patellofemoral Joint -- Sulcus Deepening Trochleoplasty -- Rotational Tibial Osteotomy -- Rotational Femoral Osteotomy -- Patella Infera and Patella Alta -- Combined Tibial Tubercle Realignment and MPFL Reconstruction -- Anteromedial Tibial Tubercle Osteotomy (Fulkerson Osteotomy) -- The Patella Thinning Osteotomy: A New Technique for Patellofemoral Arthritis -- Cartilage Restoration in the Patellofemoral Joint -- Autologous Osteochondral Mosaicplasty -- Patellofemoral Allografts -- Patellofemoral Arthroplasty: Pearls and Pitfalls -- The Patellofemoral Arthroplasty: The Great Solution, the Great Problem -- A Philosophy of the Patellofemoral Joint: A Logical Clinical Approach -- Epilogue.
- 2006 SpringerSanchis-Alfonso, Vicente.
- 2007 Thieme eNeurosurgeryAebi, M.; Arlet, Vincent; Webb, John K.1. Spinal trauma -- 2. Spinal tumors -- 3. Infections of the spine -- 4. Inflammatory processes -- 5. Deformities of the spine -- 6. Spondyloylysis, spondylolisthesis, and spondyloptosis -- 7. Degenerative spinal diseases -- 8. Metabolic bone disease of the spine: osteoporosis -- 9. Complications in spine surgery -- 10. Documentation, evaluation, and outcome in spine surgery -- Glossary -- Index.
- 2007 Thieme eNeurosurgeryAebi, M.; Arlet, Vincent; Webb, John K.1. Preface: AO education and teaching concept -- 2. Introduction: AO principles applied to the spine -- 3. History of spine surgery within AO -- 4. Biomechanics of the spine -- 5. Biology of the spine -- 6. Surgical anatomy of the spine -- 7. Spinal instrumentation -- 8. Computer-assisted surgery -- 9. Aneshesia for spine surgery -- Glossary -- Index.
- 2015 Thieme eNeurosurgeryBoriani, Stefano; Fisher, Charles G.; Gokaslan, Ziya L.Evaluation and decision making for metastatic spine tumors / Yan Michael Li, Michael S. Dirks, Claudio E. Tatsui, and Laurence D. Rhines -- Neoplastic spinal instability / Daryl R. Fourney and Charles G. Fisher -- Major complications associated with stereotactic ablative radiotherapy (SABR) for spinal metastasis / Simon S. Lo, Arjun Sahgal, and Eric L. Chang -- En bloc resection in the treatment of spinal metastases : technique and indications / Ilya Laufer, Jean-Paul Wolinksy, and Mark H. Bilsky -- Region specific approaches / Daniel Sciubba -- Spinal reconstruction and fixation/fusion / Rajiv Saigal and Dean Chou -- Minimally invasive surgery for metastatic spine disease / Meic H. Schmidt -- Vertebral augmentation for metastatic disease / Ehud Mendel, Eric Bourekas, and Paul Porensky -- Surgical complications and avoidance / Michelle J. Clarke.
- 2015 Thieme eNeurosurgeryBoriani, Stefano; Fisher, Charles G.; Gokaslan, Ziya L.Evaluation and decision making / Stefano Boriani and Charles Fisher -- Safety and efficacy of surgery for primary tumors of the spine / Daryl R. Fourney, Charles Fisher, and Stefano Boriani -- Interventional options for primary tumors / Sudhir Kathuria -- Radiation therapy for primary bone tumors / Brent Y. Kimball and Yoshiya Yamada -- Medical oncology principles for the spine oncology surgeon / Scott H. Okuno, Steven Robinson and Shreyaskumar Patel -- Spinal osteoid osteoma and osteoblastoma / Melissa Nadeau and Christian DiPaola -- ABC, giant cell / Stefano Boriani, Stefano Bandiera, Riccardo Ghermandi, Simone Colangeli, Luca Amendola, and Alessandro Gasbarrini -- Chordoma / Jackson Sui, Patricia L. Zadnik, Mari L. Groves, and Ziya L. Gokaslan -- Chondrosarcoma / Stefano Boriani, Stefano Bandiera, Riccardo Ghermandi, Simone Colangeli, Luca Amendola, and Alessandro Gasbarrini -- Osteogenic and ewing sarcomas of the spine / Derek G. Ju, Patricia L. Zadnik, and Daniel M. Sciubba -- Margins in spine tumor resection : how much is enough? is planned -- Transgression okay? / Ilya Laufer, Mari Groves, and Jean-Paul Wolinsky -- Principles behind determining the right approach / Nicolas Dea and Rowan Schouten -- Spino-pelvic reconstruction/fixation and fusion / Peter Paul Varga -- Structural graft selection and wound closure techniques -- Complications and avoidance: how to plan primary tumor resection to minimize complications and maximize outcome / Michael C. Oh, Vedat Deviren, and Christopher P. Ames.
- 2015 Thieme-ConnectCheung, Kenneth M. C.; Lenke, Lawrence.Preoperative evaluation and optimization for surgery / Scott C. Wagner, Daniel G. Kang, Ronald A. Lehman, Jr., and Lawrence G. Lenke -- Decision making in adult deformity surgery : decompression versus short or long fusion / Kenneth M.C. Cheung and Jason P.Y. Cheung -- The use of osteotomies for rigid spinal deformities / Stephen J. Lewis and Simon A. Harris -- Indications and techniques for sacral-pelvic fixation in adult spinal deformity / Kristen E. Jones, Robert A. Morgan, and David W. Polly, Jr. -- Instrumentation strategies in osteoporotic spine : how to prevent failure? / Ahmet Alanay and Caglar Yilgor -- The incidence and management of acute neurologic complications following complex adult spinal deformity surgery / Joseph S. Butler and Lawrence G. Lenke -- Postoperative coronal decompensation in adult deformity / Yong Qiu -- Measuring outcome and value in adult deformity surgery / Robert Waldrop and Sigurd Berven -- Junctional issues following adult deformity surgery / Han Jo Kim, Sravisht Iyer, and Christopher I. Shaffrey, Sr. -- Biomechanics and material science for deformity correction / Manubu Ito, Yuichiro Abe, and Remel Alingalan Salmingo -- Pseudarthrosis and infection / Michael P. Kelly and Sigurd Berven.
- 2015 Thieme eNeurosurgeryOner, F. Cumhur; Vaccaro, Alexander R.; Vialle, Luiz Roberto.Anatomy of the cervical spine / Ronald L.A.W. Bleys -- Biomechanics of the cervical spine : from the normal state to the injury state / Ahmer K. Ghori, Dana Leonard, and Thomas Cha -- Evaluation of an injured cervical spine / Richard Assaker, Fahed Zairi, and Xavier Demondion -- Nonoperative management of cervical spine trauma / Melvin D. Helgeson and Peter Formby -- Occipital condyle fractures and occipitocervical dissociation / Philipp Schleicher, Matti Scholz, and Frank Kandziora -- Atlas injuries / Matti Scholz, Philipp Schleicher, and Frank Kandziora -- Odontoid fractures, hangman's fractures, and C2 body fractures / Wilco C. Peul and Carmen L.A. Vleggeert-Lankamp -- Compression (AO type-A injuries) / Nuno Neves -- Subaxial cervical spine injuries : distraction (AO type-B injuries) / William A. Robinson, Kevin P. McCarthy, Alexander R. Vaccaro, and C. Chambliss Harrod -- Facet and lateral mass fractures / Maximo-Alberto Diez-Ulloa -- Cervical dislocations (AO type-C injuries) / William Munoz, Michael J. Vives, and Saad B. Chaudhary -- Cervicothoracic junction injuries / Ripul Rajen Panchal -- Cervical trauma in combination with ankylosing spondylitis or diffuse idiopathic skeletal hyperostosis / Jorrit-Jan Verlaan and F. Cumhur Oner -- Rheumatoid arthritis and osteoporosis / David T. Anderson -- Pediatric cervical spine / Ahmet Alanay and Caglar Yilgor.
- 2010 ClinicalKeyCoetzee, J. Christiaan; Hurwitz, Shepard R.Ankle arthritis: preoperative considerations -- Evaluation of the arthritic ankle and foot -- Ankle arthritis etiology and prevention -- Nonoperative management of ankle arthritis -- Functional assessment of patients with ankle arthritis -- Young arthritic ankle: treatment options -- Ankle arthroscopy -- Tibial osteotomy for ankle arthritis -- Allograft resurfacing of the tibiotalar joint -- Distraction arthroplasty for the treatment of ankle arthritis -- Young arthritic ankle: treatment options in arthrodesis -- Primary ankle replacement -- Challenging primary total ankle arthroplasty -- Use of total ankle arthroplasty in the varus or valgus ankle -- Associated angulatory (tibia and fibula) deformities -- Challenging total ankle arthroplasty: management of associated foot pathology -- Complications of total ankle arthroplasty: avoidance and treatment -- Recurrent varus following total ankle arthroplasty -- Recurrent valgus following total ankle arthroplasty -- Syndesmosis fusion in the agility total ankle arthroplasty -- Periprosthetic fractures: intraoperative and postoperative -- Infection in total ankle arthroplasty -- Infection following total ankle arthroplasty -- Revision total ankle arthroplasty -- Diagnosis and classification of bone defects: the effect on total ankle arthroplasty -- Recognition and salvage of the failed ankle replacement arthroplasty -- Longevity of modern ankle replacement arthroplasty: survivorship and mechanisms of failure -- Revision of total ankle replacement -- Conversion of a failed total ankle replacement to an ankle fusion: indications and technique -- Subtalar arthritis -- Nonoperative treatment -- Arthroscopy of the subtalar joint -- Subtalar fusion -- Arthrodesis with realignment -- Acquired flatfoot -- Adult acquired flatfoot: nonoperative treatment -- Tendon transfers for acquired posterior tibial tendon deficiency -- Treatment of stage 2 posterior tibial tendon dysfunction -- Treatment of the stage 4 flatfoot -- Tarsometatarsal arthritis -- Midfoot arthritis: nonoperative treatment and arthrodesis -- Great toe (metatarsophalangeal joint) arthritis -- Hallux rigidus etiology -- Hallux rigidus: conservative treatment -- Surgical treatment -- Cheilectomy and phalangeal osteotomy -- Interpositional grafting -- Fusion: when and how -- Replacement: unipolar options and rationale -- Replacement: bipolar options and rationale -- Failed great toe arthroplasty -- Surgical management of failed great toe arthroplasty.
- 2010 ClinicalKeyChhabra, Anikar; Isaacs, Jonathan E.Diagnosis, evaluation, and conservative treatment of posttraumatic arthritis and osteoarthritis of the wrist / Mathew Blake, Jonathan E. Isaacs -- The role of arthroscopic evaluation and debridement in wrist arthritis / Laura E. Gill, A. Bobby Chhabra -- Partial and complete denervation of the wrist / David Schnur -- Posttraumatic radiocarpal arthritis / Jonathan E. Isaacs, Travis M. Hendry -- SLAC and SNAC wrist / Warren Hammert -- Scaphotrapeziotrapezoidal (STT) arthritis / Jack Ingari -- Ulnar impaction syndrome / Sarah Pettrone ... [et al.] -- Distal radioulnar joint arthritis / Paul Nassab, Jonathan E. Isaacs -- Total wrist arthrodesis and total wrist arthroplasty / Steven D. Maschke, Thomas J. Graham -- Rheumatoid and other inflammatory arthritides of the wrist / Marco Rizzo -- Surgical treatment of the arthritic wrist : the future / Joshua P. Moss, Peter J. Stern -- Distal interphalangeal joint arthritis / James Fletcher -- Proximal interphalangeal joint arthritis / Stephen J. Leibovic -- Metacarpophalangeal arthritis / John Thaller -- Thumb carpometacarpal arthritis / Peter G. Fitzgibbons, Arnold-Peter C. Weiss -- The future of treatment for arthritis of the hand / Scott A. Eisenhuth, A. Bobby Chhabra -- Arthroscopic treatment of the arthritic elbow / Sara D. Rynders, Chad. R. Manke -- Surgical treatment of the elbow : surgical options and indications / Travis M. Hendry, Robert Chadderdon, N. Douglas Boardman III -- Ulnohumeral arthroplasty / Dan A. Zlotolow, Michael O'Brien -- Resurfacing elbow replacement arthroplasty / Rick Papandrea, Peter Evans -- Total elbow arthroplasty / Cay Mierisch, Cassandra Mierisch -- Revision total elbow arthroplasty / N. Douglas Boardman III -- Interposition arthroplasty of the elbow / César J. Bravo -- Elbow arthrodesis / Namory D. Bagayoko, A. Bobby Chhabra -- The future : surgical options for the arthritic elbow / R.A. Gallo, A.H. Payatakes, D.G. Sotereanos.
- 2009 ClinicalKeyBrown, Thomas E.Etiology of Hip Arthritis -- Etiology of Hip Arthritis -- Preoperative Planning for Hip Surgery -- Hip Arthroscopy -- Surgical Dislocation of the Adult Hip for Treatment of Femoroacetabular Impingement -- Periacetabular Osteotomy -- Proximal Femoral Osteotomy -- Salvage Osteotomy -- Arthrodesis -- The Primary Cemented Femoral Stem -- Current Designs of Uncemented Total Hip Arthroplasty -- Acetabular Component Options in Total Hip Arthroplasty -- Bearing Options in Total Hip Arthroplasty -- Hip Resurfacing Arthroplasty -- Hip Resurfacing Arthroplasty -- Total Hip Arthroplasty in Developmental Dysplasia of the Hip -- Total Hip Arthroplasty : Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis -- Proximal Femoral Deformity -- Proximal Femoral Deformity -- Proximal Femur Fracture : The Challenging Primary Total Hip Arthroplasty -- Rationale and Expectations -- Mini-Posterior Total Hip Arthroplasty -- Mini Lateral Approach Total Hip Arthroplasty : The Anterolateral Approach (Modified Hardinge) -- Single-Incision Direct Anterior Approach for Total Hip Arthroplasty -- The Minimally Invasive Total Hip Arthroplasty with Two Incisions -- Treatment Options for Osteonecrosis of the Hip -- Limb-Length Discrepancy after Total Hip Arthroplasty : Avoidance and Treatment -- Neurovascular Injury : Avoidance and Treatment -- Instability after Total Hip Arthroplasty : Issues, Avoidance, and Treatment -- Periprosthetic Fractures around Total Hip Arthroplasty : Evaluation and Management -- Evaluation and Treatment of Infected Total Hip Arthroplasty -- Infected Total Hip Arthroplasty : Future Problems and Potential Solutions -- Component Removal : Tricks of the Trade -- Diaphyseal Fixation : Providing Durable Femoral Revisions with Extensively Porous Coated Stems -- Cemented Long Stems for Revision Total Hip Arthroplasty : Do's and Don'ts -- Impaction Grafting of the Femur -- Tapered, Fluted Femoral Fixation -- Allograft-Prosthesis Composites -- Megaprosthesis for Severe Femoral Bone Loss : Heavy Metal -- Liner Exchange and Surgical Treatment of Osteolysi -- Hemispheric Press-Fit Components : The Workhorse -- Triflange Acetabular Components : Last Hurrah.
- 2009 ClinicalKeyBrown, Thomas E.Arthroscopic Debridement of the Arthritic Knee : Is There Still a Role? -- Cartilage Repair and Replacement : From Osteochondral Autograft Transfer to Allograft -- Distal Femoral Osteotomy for Genu Valgum -- Principles of Correction for Monocompartmental Arthritis of the Knee -- Unicompartmental Knee Arthroplasty -- Patellofemoral Arthroplasty -- Surgical Approaches for Primary Total Knee Arthroplasty : Old and New -- Soft Tissue Balancing during Total Knee Arthroplasty -- Sizing and Balancing : Gap Technique versus Measured Resection -- Posterior Cruciate Ligament Retaining Total Knee Arthroplasty -- Posterior Stabilized Total Knee Arthroplasty -- Mobile-Bearing Total Knee Arthroplasty -- Intraoperative Complications during Total Knee Arthroplasty : How to Get Out of Trouble -- Minimally Invasive Total Knee Arthroplasty -- Evaluation of the Painful/Failed Total Knee Arthroplasty -- Soft Tissue Issues : Exposure and Coverage -- Surgical Exposure in Total Knee Arthroplasty -- Removal of Well-Fixed Components during Revision Total Knee Arthroplasty -- Balancing the Revision Total Knee Arthroplasty : Restraint with Constraint -- Management of Bone Loss : Structural Grafts in Revision Total Knee Arthroplasty -- Addressing Ligament Deficiency in Revision Total Knee Arthroplasty -- Adjunctive Fixation in Total Knee Arthroplasty Revision : Stems and Sleeves -- Revision Total Knee Arthroplasty Using Mobile-Bearing Technology -- Patella Revision/Reconstruction -- The Infected Primary Total Knee Arthroplasty -- Patellofemoral Maltracking : Identification and Solutions -- Extensor Mechanism Rupture -- Extensor Mechanism Rupture -- The Stiff Total Knee Arthroplasty : Evaluation and Treatment -- Periprosthetic Fractures about Total Knee Replacements : Repair or Revise -- Limb Salvage for Failed Total Knee Arthroplasty : Arthrodesis and Beyond.
- 2009 ClinicalKeyDines, David M.; Laurencin, Cato T.; Williams, Gerald R.Arthritis and arthroplasty of shoulder -- Etiology, diagnosis, and non-operative treatment of the arthritic shoulder -- Surgical options in shoulder arthritis -- Debridement, chondroplasty, and soft tissue releases -- Evolution of shoulder arthroplasty -- Partial surface replacements: indications, techniques, and results -- Humeral head resurfacing: indications, technique, and results -- Hemiarthroplasty for arthritis -- Interpositional arthroplasty -- Total shoulder arthroplasty in primary osteoarthritis: technique and results -- Total shoulder arthroplasty: technical considerations -- Soft tissue releases and glenoid exposure -- Glenoid bone loss treated with bone grafts -- Rotator cuff deficient arthritic shoulder -- Rehabilitation after shoulder arthroplasty -- Disease-specific options -- Arthroplasty in rheumatologic conditions: special considerations -- Total shoulder arthroplasty or hemiarthroplasty for arthritis: current trends and technical considerations -- Shoulder arthroplasty in post-traumatic arthroplasty: technique and results -- Arthroplasty for arthritis after instability, including post-capsulorrhaphy and chronic dislocations -- Avascular necrosis of the shoulder -- Reverse shoulder arthroplasty: indications, technique, and results -- Reverse shoulder prosthesis for acute and chronic fractures -- Complications and revision -- Complications of conventional shoulder arthroplasty -- Complications and treatment of reverse shoulder prosthesis -- Infection: diagnosis and treatment options -- Soft tissue failure after arthroplasty: rotator cuff and subscapularis -- Glenoid loosening: diagnosis and treatment -- Revision shoulder arthroplasty: technical considerations and outcomes -- Reverse shoulder arthroplasty in revision shoulder arthroplasty.
- 2010 ClinicalKeyShaffrey, Christopher I.; Shen, Francis H.Preoperative Evaluation of the Spine -- Imaging of the Spine -- Pathophysiology of Degenerative Processes of the Spine -- Cervical Disc Degeneration -- Treatment of Axial Neck Pain -- Cervical Radiculopathy -- Cervical Myelopathy -- Posttraumatic Arthritis of the Cervical Spine : Operative and Nonoperative Management -- Posttraumatic Deformities of the Cervical Spine : Operative Management -- Rheumatoid Arthritis of the Cervical Spine -- Rheumatoid Arthritis of the Cervical Spine -- Surgical Management of Thoracic Stenosis with Myelopathy -- Video-Assisted Thoracoscopy for the Treatment of Thoracic Degenerative Disorders -- Microdiscectomy for the Treatment of the Herniated Lumbar Disc -- Far Lateral Lumbar Disc Herniations -- Lumbar Laminectomy for the Treatment of Spinal Stenosis -- Indications for Fusion for Degenerative Disorders of the Lumbar Spine -- Instrumentation of the Lumbar Spine for Degenerative Disorders -- Posterior Approach for the Treatment of Lumbar Degenerative Disorders : Axial Back Pain -- Anterior Approach for the Treatment of Lumbar Degenerative Disorders : Axial Back Pain -- Anteroposterior Approach for the Treatment of Lumbar Degenerative Disorders : Axial Back Pain -- Posterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion for Degenerative Disorders of the Spine -- Extreme Lateral Approach for Degenerative Disorders of the Spine -- Management of Postoperative Lumbar Wound Infections -- How to Choose the Surgical Approach for the Treatment of De Novo Scoliosis -- Posterior Laminectomy without Fusion for the Treatment of De Novo Scoliosis -- Fusion in Adult Scoliosis -- Sacropelvic Instrumentation for Disorders of the Thoracolumbar Spine -- Osteotomies for Degenerative Disorders of the Thoracolumbar Spine -- Spinal Deformities in Ankylosing Spondylitis : Surgical Management -- Instrumentation in the Osteoporotic Spine -- Nonunion of the Cervical Spine : Anterior and Posterior Treatment -- Junctional Degeneration of the Cervical Spine -- Postlaminectomy Kyphosis : Anterior, Posterior, and Combined Approaches -- Failure of Cervical Spine Instrumentation -- Adjacent-Level Degeneration of the Lumbar Spine after Lumbar Fusion -- Failure of Lumbar Spine Instrumentation -- Evaluation and Management of Postoperative Wound Infections of the Anterior and Posterior Spine -- Management of Cerebrospinal Fluid Leaks in the Lumbar Spine -- Vertebroplasty for the Treatment of Vertebral Body Fractures -- Kyphoplasty for the Treatment of Vertebral Body Fractures -- Posterior Minimally Invasive Decompressive Techniques for the Cervical Spine -- Posterior Minimally Invasive Decompressive Techniques for the Lumbar Spine -- Minimally Invasive Surgical Techniques for Pedicle Screw Placement -- Posterior Minimal Incision Interbody Fusion Techniques for the Lumbar Spine -- Posterior Motion-Sparing Instrumentation and Interspinous Devices for the Treatment of Degenerative Disorders of the Lumbar Spine -- Disc Arthroplasty for the Treatment of Degenerative Disorders of the Lumbar Spine -- Facet Joint Replacement for the Treatment of Degenerative Disorders of the Spine -- Use of Nucleus Replacement for the Treatment of Degenerative Disorders of the Lumbar Spine.
- 2009 ClinicalKeyBruno, Michael A.; Gold, Garry E.; Mosher, Timothy J.Arthritis in Color helps you understand the recent advances in the use of magnetic resonance imaging and ultrasound for the diagnosis and treatment of arthritis. Written by three authorities in the field, Michael A. Bruno, MD; Gary E. Gold, MD; and Timothy J. Mosher, MD, and including more than 600 images, 300 in full color, this book gives you access to the current understanding and future directions in this dynamic field. With coverage of everything from the basic to the advanced, you'll have the guidance you need to make the most accurate diagnoses. Provides correlation images that depict the disease process on ultrasound, MRI, and plain radiographs to allow you to confirm a diagnosis quickly and easily. Explores MRI and ultrasound as more effective approaches to diagnosing rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis due to their superior evaluation of soft tissues, marrow, and cartilage. Features more than 600 digital quality images, 300 in full color, that clearly illustrate the material being presented. Includes examples of pathology with color illustrations to help you arrive at more accurate diagnoses. Covers both basic and advanced concepts for a well-rounded, well-balanced approach suitable for the novice or the expert. Presents the expert guidance of Michael A. Bruno, Gary E. Gold, and Timothy J. Mosher, instructors of the popular annual course at the American Roentgen Ray Society on Advanced Imaging in Arthritis, for a consistent, accessible style.
- 2005 SpringerKambin, Parviz.From cauterization to arthroscopic and endoscopic spine surgery / Parviz Kambin -- Arthroscopic and endoscopic anatomy of the lumbar spine / Parviz Kambin -- Instruments and surgical approaches for minimally invasive spinal surgery via a posterolateral access / Parviz Kambin -- Herniated lumbar disc and lumbar radiculopathy / Parviz Kambin -- Management of discogenic pain and spinal instability using minimally invasive surgical techniques / Parviz Kambin -- Lateral recess stenosis of the lumbar spine foraminoplasty / Parviz Kambin -- The role of the epidural and radicular veins in chronic back pain and radiculopathy / Wesley W. Parke -- Diagnostic and therapeutic percutaneous transpedicular approaches to the spine / Alexander G. Hadjipavlou ... [et al.] -- Selective endoscopic discectomy : twelve years experience / Anthony T. Yeung -- Minimally invasive posterior fusion and internal fixation with ATAVI system / Richard D. Guyer and Terry P. Corbin -- Vertebral augmentation for osteoporotic compression fractures / Isador H. Lieberman and Daisuke Toga -- Principles of transthoracic, transperitoneal, and retroperitoneal endoscopic techniques to the thoracic and lumbar spine / Geoffrey M. McCullen and Hansen A. Yuan -- Use of the laser in minimally invasive spinal surgery and pain management / John C. Chiu and Martin H. Savitz -- Minimally invasive techniques in pain management / James Reynolds and Garrett Kine -- Experience with minimally invasive nucleus replacement / Michele Marcolongo ... [et al.] -- Interspinous process implant for the treatment of lateral and central spinal stenosis : operative technique and results / Douglas Wardlaw -- Frameless stereotactic imaging techniques in minimally invasive spine surgery / Alexander R. Vaccaro, Kern Singh, and Laurence N. Fitzhenry -- The rise and the fall of chemonucleolysis / James W. Simmons, Jr. and Robert D. Fraser -- Lumbar microendoscopic discectomy / Trent L. Tredway and Richard Fessler.
- 2010 SpringerLuchetti, R.; Mathoulin, Ch; Piñal, Francisco del.Arthroscopic Management of DRUJ Instability Following TFCC Ulnar Tears / Andrea Atzei -- Radial Side Tear of the Triangular Fibrocartilage Complex / Toshiyasu Nakamura -- Arthroscopic Management of Scapholunate Dissociation / Tommy Lindau -- Lunotriquetral and Extrinsic Ligaments Lesions Associated with Distal Radius Fractures / Didier Fontès -- Management of Concomitant Scaphoid Fractures / Christophe Mathoulin -- Perilunate Dislocations and Fracture Dislocations/Radiocarpal Dislocations and Fracture Dislocations / Mark Henry -- The Role of Arthroscopy in Postfracture Stiffness / Riccardo Luchetti -- Treatment of the Associated Ulnar-Sided Problems / Pier Paolo Borelli and Riccardo Luchetti -- Arthroscopic-Assisted Osteotomy for Intraarticular Malunion of the Distal Radius / Francisco del Piñal -- The Role of Arthroscopic Arthrodesis and Minimal Invasive Surgery in the Salvage of the Arthritic Wrist : Midcarpal Joint / Joseph F. Slade -- Arthroscopic Radiocarpal Fusion for Post-Traumatic Radiocarpal Arthrosis / Ho Pak-Cheong.
- 2012 SpringerMathoulin, Ch; Nakamura, Toshiyasu; Piñal, Francisco del.
- 2012 SpringerRodríguez-Merchán, E. C.1. Regeneration of Articular Cartilage of the Knee: Basic Concepts / E. Carlos Rodríguez-Merchán and Hortensia De la Corte-García -- 2. Articular Cartilage Defects of the Knee: Diagnosis and Treatment / Michael Heim and Israel Dudkiewicz -- 3. Imaging Techniques of Articular Cartilage / Carmen Martín-Hervás -- 4. Refixation of Detached Fragments / Eduardo García-Rey -- 5. Debridement, Joint Lavage and Cartilage Shaving / Alonso Moreno-García -- 6. Drilling, Abrasion and Microfractures / José L. Leal-Helmling and Santiago Bello-Prats -- 7. Osteochondral Transplantation and Mosaicplasty / Julián Fernández-González -- 8. Autologous Chondrocyte Implantation / Primitivo Gómez-Cardero, E. Carlos Rodríguez-Merchán, and Ángel Martínez-Lloreda -- 9. Alignment Osteotomies / E. Carlos Rodríguez-Merchán and Hortensia De la Corte-García -- 10. Rehabilitation of Chondral Lesions of the Knee / Hortensia De la Corte-Rodríguez, Juan M. Román-Belmonte, and Hortensia De la Corte-García -- 11. Medical Treatment: Intra-Articular Injections of Hyaluronic Acid / E. Carlos Rodríguez-Merchán and Hortensia De la Corte-García.
- 2009 ClinicalKeyAndrews, James R.; Reinold, Michael M.; Wilk, Kevin E.The latest edition of this in-depth look at athletic injuries of the shoulder has been updated to feature 16 new chapters, additional illustrations and algorithms, an added focus on arthroscopic treatments, and pearls that highlight key information. Additional contributing authors give you a fresh spin on new and old topics from rehabilitation exercises to special coverage of female athletes, pediatrics, and golfers. This book offers coverage of arthroscopy, total joint replacement, instability, football, tennis, swimming, and gymnastic injuries, rotator cuff injuries, and much, much more! The large range of topics covered in this text ensures that it's a great resource for orthopaedists, physical therapists, athletic trainers, and primary care physicians. Presents a multidisciplinary approach to the care of the shoulder, combining contributions from the leaders in the field of orthopedic surgery, physical therapy, and athletic training. Demonstrates which exercises your patients should perform in order to decrease their chance of injury or increase strength following an injury through illustrated exercises for rehabilitation and injury prevention. Illustrates how the shoulder is affected during activity of certain sports with a variety of tables and graphs. Covers a large range of topics including all shoulder injuries to be sufficiently comprehensive for both orthopaedists and physical therapists/athletic trainers.
- 2013 SpringerWei, Shi; Siegal, Gene Philip.Bone is a living tissue prone to develop a diverse array of inflammatory, metabolic, genetic, reactive, circulatory and neoplastic abnormalities. The Atlas of Bone Pathology describes and selectively illustrates the normal and pathologic conditions that afflict human bone, focusing heavily on tumor and tumor-like conditions of bone and their non-neoplastic mimics. Supplemented with radiographic and special study images, this extraordinary collection of high quality digital images aid continuing efforts to recognize, understand, and accurately interpret the light microscopic findings in bone
- 2013 ClinicalKeyBerkwits, Leland; Furman, Michael B.; Lee, Thomas S.Introduction: How to Use This Atlas -- Needle Techniques -- Fluoroscopic Techniques/Procedural Pearls -- Radiation Safety -- Caudal Epidural Steroid Injection -- Ganglion Impar Injection -- Sacral Insufficiency Fracture Repair/Sacroplasty, Short Axis Approach -- Sacroiliac Intraarticular Joint Injections, Posterior Approach, Inferior Entry -- S1 Transforaminal Epidural Steroid Injection -- Lumbar Transforaminal Epidural Steroid Injection, Supraneural (Traditional) Approach -- Lumbar Transforaminal Epidural Steroid Injection, Infraneural Approach -- Lumbar Interlaminar Epidural Steroid Injection, Paramedian Approach -- Lumbar Zygapophysial Joint Intraarticular Joint Injection, Posterior Approach -- Lumbar Zygapophysial Joint Nerve (Medial Branch) Injection, Oblique Approach -- Lumbar Zygapophysial Joint Nerve (Medial Branch) Radiofrequency Neurotomy, Posterior Approach -- Lumbar Sympathetic Block -- Lumbar Provocation Discography/Disc Access -- L5-S1 Disc Access -- Thoracolumbar Spinal Cord Stimulation -- Vertebral Augmentation (Vertebroplasty/Kyphoplasty), Transpedicular Approach -- Thoracic Transforaminal Epidural Steroid Injection, Infraneural Approach -- Thoracic Interlaminar Epidural Steroid Injection, Paramedian Approach -- Thoracic Zygapophysial Joint Intraarticular Injection, Posterior Approach -- Thoracic Zygapophysial Joint Nerve (Medial Branch) Injection, Posterior Approach -- Thoracic Zygapophysial Joint Nerve (Medial Branch) Radiofrequency Neurotomy, Posterior Approach -- Intercostal Blockade -- Thoracic Disc Access -- Cervical Transforaminal Epidural Steroid Injection -- Cervical Interlaminar Epidural Steroid Injection, Paramedian Approach -- Cervical Spinal Cord Stimulation -- Cervical Zygapophysial Joint Intraarticular Injection, Posterior Approach -- Cervical Zygapophysial Joint Intraarticular Injection, Lateral Approach -- Cervical Zygapophysial Joint Nerve (Medial Branch) Injection, Lateral Approach -- Cervical Zygapophysial Joint Nerve (Medial Branch) Radiofrequency Neurotomy and Nerve Injection, Posterior Approach -- Atlantoaxial Joint Intraarticular Injection -- Atlantooccipital Joint Intraarticular Injection -- Stellate Ganglion Block -- Cervical Discography/Disc Access.
- 2015 SpringerPrejbeanu, Radu.This atlas comes at a time when arthroscopy is becoming increasingly more popular than traditional approaches due to the rapid postoperative recovery, reduced pain and accelerated return to physical activity making it the ideal treatment in sports medicine. After performing thousands of knee arthroscopy and anterior cruciate ligament reconstructions over the last ten years, the authors have drawn upon their extensive experience to provide a practical start up guide for residents and young orthopedic surgeons alike. The Atlas of Knee Arthroscopy contains detailed explanations on performing anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction, as well as potential pitfalls. The expert opinions are supported with many photographs and case examples and the book is structured in a simple yet comprehensive manner. This approach to the topic is intended for anyone interested in knee arthroscopy and ACL reconstruction wishing to access a wealth of current data in one concise resource.
- 2014 SpringerPicci, Piero.This book reflects the experience of the Rizzoli Orthopedic Institute during more than 100 years of treatment of musculoskeletal tumor and tumorlike lesions. It presents a wide range of lesions from a multidisciplinary perspective, highlighting pertinent clinical, radiological, and histological correlations. Treatment is briefly reported for each entity. In addition, the more recent biomolecular findings of use for diagnosis, prognosis, and treatment are carefully analyzed. The Rizzoli case archive spans more than a century, the first treated case dating back to 28 September 1900, and contains the original material, clinical charts, imaging, paraffin blocks, and histological slides of more than 40,000 cases, including about 29,000 bone lesions and 11,000 soft tissue lesions. This book reports the most relevant entities and reflects the improvements in knowledge of musculoskeletal tumors as presented during the yearly international course held at the Rizzoli Institute.
- v. <1>, <1989>Laurin, Carroll A.; Riley, Lee H.; Roy-Camille, R.v. 1. General principles, Spine -- v. 2. Upper extremity -- v. 3. Lower extremity.
- 2008 ClinicalKeyWold, Lester E.Metabolic, Development, and Inflammatory Conditions of Bone -- Hyperparathyroidism -- Osteoporosis -- Renal Osteodystrophy -- Rickets -- Osteomalacia -- Oncogenic Osteomalacia (Phosphaturic Mesenchymal Tumor) -- Pagets Disease -- Camurati-Engelmann Disease (Progressive Diaphyseal Dysplasia) -- Hypertrophic Osteoarthropathy -- Melorheostosis -- Osteopetrosis -- Osteogenesis Imperfecta -- Fluorosis -- Gauchers Disease -- Osteoarthritis -- Neuropathic Joint (Charcot's Joint) -- Rheumatoid Arthritis -- OchronosisDisorder of Tyrosine and Phenylalanine Catabolism Secondary to Homogentisic Acid and Related Compounds -- Gout -- Chondrocalcinosis (Pseudogout, Calcium Pyrophosphate Dihydrate Crystal Deposition Disease) -- Amyloidosis -- Xanthomatosis -- Fibrous Dysplasia -- Osteofibrous Dysplasia -- Ankylosing Spondylitis -- Synovial Chondromatosis -- Pigmented Villonodular Synovitis -- Arthroplasty Effect -- Bone Tumors and Tumor-Like Conditions -- Bone-Forming Tumors -- Osteoid Osteoma -- Osteoblastoma -- Osteosarcoma (Conventional) -- Parosteal Osteosarcoma -- Periosteal Osteosarcoma -- High-Grade Surface Osteosarcoma -- Telangiectatic Osteosarcoma -- Low-Grade Central Osteosarcoma -- Small Cell Osteosarcoma -- Cartilage-Forming Tumors -- Osteochondroma -- Chondroma -- Chondroblastoma -- Chondromyxoid Fibroma -- Multiple Chondromas -- Periosteal Chondroma -- Chondrosarcoma -- Chondrosarcoma Arising in Osteochondroma -- Dedifferentiated Chondrosarcoma -- Mesenchymal Chondrosarcoma -- Clear Cell Chondrosarcoma -- Fibrous and Fibrohistiocytic Tumors -- Benign Fibrous Histiocytoma -- Fibrosarcoma -- Malignant Fibrous Histiocytoma -- Hematopoietic Tumors -- Malignant Lymphoma -- Myeloma -- Mastocytosis (Mast Cell Disease) -- Langerhans Cell Histiocytosis (Histiocytosis X) -- Vascular Tumors -- Hemangioma -- Hemangioendothelioma, Epithelioid Hemangioendothelioma, and Angiosarcoma -- Tumors of Unknown Origin -- Hemangiopericytoma -- Giant Cell Tumor -- Malignancy in Giant Cell Tumor (Malignant Giant Cell Tumor) -- Adamantinoma -- Chordoma -- Ewings Sarcoma -- Secondary Sarcomas -- Pagets Sarcoma -- Postradiation Sarcoma -- Tumor-Like Conditions -- Neurilemmoma -- Aneurysmal Bone Cyst -- Unicameral Bone Cyst (Simple Cyst) -- Giant Cell Reaction (Giant Cell Reparative Granuloma) -- Fibroma (Metaphyseal Fibrous Defect) -- Avulsive Cortical Irregularity (Fibrous Cortical Defect, Periosteal Desmoid) -- Mesenchymal Hamartoma of the Chest Wall -- Osteomyelitis -- Avascular Necrosis -- Massive Osteolysis (Gorhams Disease) -- Hemophilia -- Metastatic Carcinoma -- Sarcoidosis -- Bizarre Parosteal Osteochondromatous Proliferation (BPOP) -- Erdheim-Chester Disease.
- 2008 ClinicalKeyBoezaart, André P.Proximal brachial plexus : applied anatomy -- Interscalene block -- Cervical paravertebral block -- Supraclavicular block -- Distal brachial plexus : applied anatomy -- Infraclavicular block -- Nerves in the axilla : applied anatomy -- Axillary block -- Nerves around the axilla : applied anatomy -- Blocks around the elbow -- Lumbar plexus : applied anatomy -- Anterior lumbar plexus blocks -- Posterior lumbar plexus block -- Sacral plexus nerves : applied anatomy -- Sciatic nerve block -- The ankle : applied anatomy -- Ankle block -- Thoracic paravertebral block -- Pitfalls in regional anesthesia (and how to avoid them).
- 2010 SpringerRizzoli, René.
- 2008 ClinicalKeyKim, Daniel H.Epidemiology of Spinal Cord Injury -- Anatomy and Pathophysiology of Spinal Cord Injury -- Evaluation and Early Management of Spinal Injury in a Polytrauma Patient -- Physical Examination in Spinal Trauma: American Spinal Injury Association Examination and Spinal Cord Injury Syndromes -- Radiographic Imaging of the Traumatically Injured Spine: Plain Radiographs, Computed Tomography, Magnetic Resonance Imaging, Angiography, Clearing the Cervical Spine in Trauma Patients -- Timing of Surgery After Spinal Cord Injury -- The Role of Pharmacologic Treatment of Patients with Acute Spinal Cord Injuries -- Intraoperative Neurophysiologic Monitoring of the Patient with Trauma -- Mechanisms of Injury in the Cervical Spine: Concepts, Pathomechanics, Classifications, Instability, and Clinical Applications -- Nonoperative Treatment of Cervical Fractures: Cervical Orthoses and Cranioskeletal Traction in Patients with Cervical Spine Fractures -- Cervical Whiplash Injuries -- Cervical Spine Injuries in Athletes -- Surgical Approaches for the Operative Management of Cervical Spine Fractures -- Operative Techniques: Anterior Cervical Decompression, Fusion, and Instrumentation -- Operative Techniques: Posterior Cervical Decompression, Fusion, and Instrumentation -- Pediatric Craniocervical Trauma -- Atlas Fractures -- Transverse Atlantal Ligament Injuries -- Atlantoaxial Rotatory Deformities -- Odontoid Fractures in Pediatric and Adult Patients -- Traumatic Spondylolisthesis of the Axis/Axis Fractures -- Distractive Flexion Cervical Spine Injuries: Unilateral/Bilateral Facet Dislocation -- Cervical Burst Fractures: Compression Flexion/Compression Extension Injuries -- Distraction-Extension Injuries of the Cervical Spine -- Lateral Mass Fractures of the Cervical Spine: Diagnosis and Surgical Management -- Surgical Complications Related to the Management of Traumatic Spinal Injuries of the Cervical Spine -- Mechanisms of Injury in the Thoracic/Lumbar Spine: Concepts, Pathomechanics, Classification, Instability, and Clinical Applications -- Bracing for Thoracolumbar Trauma -- Surgical Approaches for the Operative Management of Thoracolumbar Spine Fractures -- Operative Techniques: Anterior Thoracolumbar Decompression, Fusion, and Instrumentation. Operative Techniques: Posterior Thoracolumbar Decompression, Fusion, and Instrumentation -- Management of Traumatic Thoracic Compression and Burst Fractures -- Fracture Dislocations of the Thoracic Spine -- Thoracolumbar Compression and Burst Fractures -- Flexion-Distraction Injuries of the Thoracolumbar Spine -- Fracture-Dislocations of the Thoracolumbar Spine -- Low Lumbar Burst Fractures -- Sacral Fractures -- Complications Related to the Surgical Management of Thoracolumbar Injuries -- Mechanisms of Injury in the Sacral Spine: Concepts, Pathomechanics, Classifications, Instability, and Clinical Applications -- Operative Techniques for Sacral Injuries: Surgical Approaches, Techniques for Decompression, and Instrumentation -- Fractures of the Sacrum and Coccyx -- Spinopelvic Fixation Techniques -- Development and Maturation of the Axial Skeleton: Developmental Abnormalities of the Cervical Spine -- Spinal Biomechanics of the Pediatric Spine: Clinical Applications -- Imaging Modalities of the Traumatically Injured Pediatric Spine -- Pediatric Spinal Cord Injury and Spinal Cord Injury Without Radiographic Abnormality (SCIWORA) -- The Use of Cervical/Thoracolumbar Orthoses, Halo Devices, and Traction in Children -- The Use of Spinal Instrumentation in the Traumatically Injured Pediatric Spine -- Evaluation and Surgical Management of Cervical Spine Injuries in Children -- Evaluation and Surgical Management of Thoracic/Thoracolumbar Junction Injuries in Children -- Evaluation and Surgical Management of Lumbar Injuries in Children -- Sacral Fractures in Skeletally Immature Patients -- Complications Associated with Surgical Management of Pediatric Spine Trauma -- Pediatric Spinal Column and Spinal Cord Injury and the Use of Luque Segmental Instrumentation in the Injured Pediatric Spine -- Pedicle Screw Fixation in the Pediatric Spine: Anatomic Considerations and Techniques for Placement of Screws in the Thoracic, Lumbar, and Sacral Spine -- Anterior Instrumentation Techniques for the Pediatric Spine -- Gunshot Wounds to the Spine -- Management of Spine Fractures in Patients with Diffuse Idiopathic Skeletal Hyperostosis and Ankylosing Spondylitis -- Surgical Treatment of Patients with Osteoporotic Fractures of the Spine -- Surgical Management of Post-Traumatic Spinal Deformity -- Management of Post-Traumatic Syringomyelia -- Rehabilitation and Recovery after Spinal Cord Injury.
- 2013 SpringerSanchis-Alfonso, Vicente.Part I: Etiopathogenic Bases and Therapeutic Implications -- Background: Patellofemoral Malalignment Versus Tissue Homeostasis -- In Search of the Etiology of Anterior Knee Pain -- Biological Causes of Anterior Knee Pain -- Pathogenesis of Anterior Knee Pain in the Active Young: Is There a Relation Between the Presence of Patellofemoral Malalignment and Pain? -- Unilateral Anterior Knee Pain as a Sign of Knee Asymmetry -- Biomechanical Bases for Anterior Knee Pain and Patellar Instability -- Anatomy of Patellar Dislocation -- Evaluation of the Patient with Anterior Knee Pain and Patellar Instability -- Influence of Psychological Factors on Pain and Disability in Anterior Knee Pain Patients -- Uncommon Causes of Anterior Knee Pain -- Risk Factors and Prevention of Anterior Knee Pain -- Non-operative Treatment of Athletes with Anterior Knee Pain: Science, Classical, and New Ideas -- Conservative Management of Anterior Knee Pain: The McConnell Program -- Skeletal Malalignment and Anterior Knee Pain: Rationale, Diagnosis, and Management -- Biochemical Causes of Patellar Tendinopathy? -- Prevention of Anterior Knee Pain After Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction -- Anterior Knee Pain with Special Emphasis on the Clinical, Radiographic, Histological, Ultrastructural, and Biochemical Aspects After Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction Using Autografts -- Part II: Emerging Technologies for Investigating Patellofemoral Joint. Clinical Relevance -- Imaging and Musculoskeletal Modeling to Investigate the Mechanical Etiology of Patellofemoral Pain -- Computational Models for Investigating the Patellofemoral Joint: Clinical Relevance -- Kinetic Analysis: A Sensitive Outcome Objective Measurement Method in Evaluating Lateral Patellar Instability -- Kinetic and Kinematic Analysis in Evaluating Patients with Anterior Knee Pain -- Part III: Clinical Cases Commented -- Failure of Patellofemoral Surgery: Analysis of Clinical Cases -- Neuromatous Knee Pain: Evaluation and Management -- Kinetic and Kinematic Analysis of Iatrogenic Medial Patellar Instability: Clinical Relevance -- Part IV: Surgical Techniques "How I Do It" -- Ultrasound and Doppler-Guided Arthroscopic Shaving for the Treatment of Patellar Tendinopathy/Jumper's Knee: Biological Background and Description of Method -- Arthroscopic Patellar Denervation for Anterior Knee Pain -- Reconstruction of the Medial Patellofemoral Ligament: How I Do It -- Reconstruction of the Medial Patellofemoral Ligament: How I Do It -- MPFL Reconstruction: Principles and Complications -- Reconstruction of the Lateral Patellofemoral Ligament: How I Do It -- Reconstruction of the Lateral Patellofemoral Ligament: How I Do It -- Osteotomies Around the Patellofemoral Joint -- Sulcus Deepening Trochleoplasty -- Rotational Tibial Osteotomy -- Rotational Femoral Osteotomy -- Patella Infera and Patella Alta -- Anteromedial Tibial Tubercle Osteotomy (Fulkerson Osteotomy) -- The Patella Thinning Osteotomy: A New Technique for Patellofemoral Arthritis -- Cartilage Restoration in the Patellofemoral Joint -- Autologous Osteochondral Mosaicplasty -- Patellofemoral Allografts -- Patellofemoral Arthroplasty: Pearls and Pitfalls -- The Patellofemoral Arthroplasty: The Great Solution, the Great Problem -- A Philosophy of the Patellofemoral Joint: A Logical Clinical Approach.
- 2014 SpringerHerrera, Joseph E.; Kirschner, Jonathan S.; Spinner, David A.The use of ultrasound guidance to perform diagnostic and therapeutic injections is growing at a rapid rate, as is the evidence to support its use. Even with the increased popularity of ultrasound, there remains a lack of formal training or a standard reference book. Atlas of Ultrasound Guided Musculoskeletal Injections fills this void in the literature and will be useful to physiatrists, orthopedists, rheumatologists, pain medicine and sports medicine specialists alike. Broken down by anatomic structure and heavily illustrated, this book is both comprehensive and instructive. The Editors and their contributors break down the basics (both the fundamentals of ultrasound to needle visibility and the role of injections) and explore ultrasound-guided injection for structures in the shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand, hip and groin, knee, ankle and foot, and spine. Using a clear, heavily illustrated format, this book describes the relevant clinical scenarios and indications for injection, the evidence to support ultrasound use, relevant local anatomy, injection methods, and pearls and safety considerations. It will be a valuable reference for trainees and experienced clinicians alike, for experienced sonographers or those just starting out.
- 2012 SpringerDraenert, K.; Draenert, Yvette; Pohlemann, T.; Regel, Gerd.1. Historical Observations -- 2. Microscopical Anatomy -- 3. Bone Growth -- 4. Regeneration and Healing -- 5. Ceramic Bone Substitutes -- 6. Operating Technique for Cartilage-Bone Grafting -- 7. Clinical Practice in Autologous Resurfacing® -- 8. Fracture Dowelling -- 9. Bone-Tendon-Bone ACL Plastic -- 10. Instrumentation -- 11. Conclusion.
- 2013 SpringerKorres, Demetrios S.Part I: Embryology -- Anatomy -- Biomechanics -- Imaging -- Part II: Fractures of the Axis -- Fractures of the Odontoid Process -- Fractures of the Vertebral Body -- Fractures of the Posterior Arch -- Multiple or Complex Fractures -- Atlantoaxial Dislocation -- Part III: Surgical Approaches -- Transmandible Approach -- Part IV: Infections -- Congenital Malformations -- Tumors.
- 2008 SpringerBecker, Stephan; Ogon, Michael.
- 2014 ScienceDirectAllen, Matthew R.; Burr, David B.Section 1. Basic bone biology and physiology -- section 2. Assessment of bone structure and function -- section 3. Skeletal adaptation -- section 4. Hormonal and metabolic effects on bone -- section 5. Skeletal disease and treatment.
- Basic principles of external skeletal fixation using the Ilizarov and other devices. Second edition. [2nd ed.]2012 SpringerSolomin, L. N.; Solomin, L. N.When it was developed, the Ilizarov device represented a revolutionary advance that made it possible to correct previously untreatable conditions through the stimulation of bone growth based on the principle of distraction osteogenesis. The device subsequently gained popularity among surgeons throughout the world since it can be used for the treatment of fractures that have failed to heal satisfactorily and for deformity correction. The technique is, however, complex and requires specialist knowledge if it is to be applied optimally.This is the second edition of a well-received book that focuses primarily on external fixation using the Ilizarov device but also considers other devices employed for the purpose. The opening chapters include discussion of biomechanical principles, use of a system of coordinates to allow safer insertion of K-wires and half pins, preoperative preparation, and principles of frame construction. External fixation of a variety of fractures in different pathologic settings is then clearly explained in a series of detailed chapters with the aid of high-quality illustrations. Numerous case reports are included to illustrate the results of different treatment methods. In addition, principles of postoperative management are described and advice is provided on correction of errors and treatment of complications. Since the first edition the text has been thoroughly updated, with inclusion of contributions from leading world experts. This volume will serve as an indispensable manual both for trainee orthopedic surgeons embarking on a steep learning curve and for more experienced surgeons requiring advice and guidance in demanding cases.
- 2013 SpringerDaniels, James M.; Dexter, William W.Introduction -- Understanding Accreditation and Certification in Musculoskeletal Ultrasound -- Choosing Ultrasound Equipment -- Knobology -- Tissue Scanning -- Hand and Fingers -- Wrist -- Elbow -- Shoulder -- Foot and Toes -- Ankle -- Knee -- Hip -- Groin -- Ultrasound Guidance of Injections -- Rheumatologic Findings.
- 2012 ScienceDirect2012 ClinicalKeyGarfin, Steven R.; Jandial, Rahul.Cervical disk herniation : anterior cervical diskectomy and fusion versus arthroplasty / Mir H. Ali, Frank M. Phillips -- Multilevel anterior cervical diskectomy and fusion : bone-grafting options / Sheeraz A. Qureshi, Andrew C. Hecht, Scott D. Boden -- Ossification of the posterior longitudinal ligament : anterior versus posterior approach / Garrick W. Cason, Edward R. Anderson III, Harry N. Herkowitz -- Minimally invasive approaches to thoracic disk herniations / Alfred T. Ogden, Michael G. Kaiser, Richard G. Fessler -- Lumbar disk herniation with mild neurological deficit : microdiskectomy versus conservative treatment / Kelli L. Crabtree, Paul M. Arnold -- Cervical spondylosis-spinal stenosis : laminoplasty versus laminectomy and fusion / Yu-Po Lee, Niraj Patel, Steven R. Garfin -- Lumbar degenerative disk disease : fusion versus artificial disk / Michael F. Duffy, Jack E. Zigler -- Degenerative spondylolisthesis with radicular pain : decompression only versus decompression and fusion / Tuan V. Nguyen, Robert A. McGuire Jr. -- Asymptomatic intradural Schwannoma : surgery versus radiosurgery versus observation / Christopher E. Mandigo, Paul C. McCormick -- Pseudotumor : transoral versus posterior fusion / Daniel M. Sciubba ... [et al.] -- Odontoid fracture in the elderly : odontoid screws versus posterior fusion / Harvey E. Smith, Scott D. Daffner, Alexander R. Vaccaro -- C1-C2 fusion : transarticular screws versus Harms procedure / Thomas J. Kesman, Bradford L. Currier -- Multilevel cervical corpectomy : anterior-only versus circumferential instrumentation / Andrew J. Schoenfeld, Christopher M. Bono -- Cervical jumped facets and incomplete neurological deficit : closed reduction versus urgent surgery / Michael A. Finn, Paul A. Anderson -- Laminectomy across cervico thoracic junction : fusion versus non fusion / Timothy E. Link, Rahul Jandial, Volker K.H. Sonntag -- Vertebral metastases : ventral and dorsal approach versus lateral -- Extracavitary transpedicular approach / John H. Shin, Edward C. Benzel -- Degenerative scoliosis: anterior and posterior fusion versus posterior fusion / Krishna Gumidyala, Sigurd Berven -- Sagittal imbalance: multiple Smith-Petersen osteotomies versus pedicle substraction osteotomies / Jamal McClendon ... [et al.] -- -- L1-S1 fusion: extending to T12 and pelvis and when to include L5-S1 anterior grafting / Steven Mardjetko -- High-grade spondylolisthesis : reduction and fusion versus in situ fusion / Matthew B. Maserati, Christopher I. Shaffrey, Adam S. Kanter.
- 2007 SpringerBonucci, E.
- 2007 CRCnetBASEBronzino, Joseph D.; Wong, Joyce Y.Metallic biomaterials / Joon B. Park and Young Kon Kim -- Ceramic biomaterials / W.C. Billotte -- Polymeric biomaterials / Hai Bang Lee, Gilson Khang, and Jin Ho Lee -- Composite biomaterials / Roderic S. Lakes -- Biodegradable hydrogels : tailoring properties and function through chemistry and structure / Andrew T. Metters and Chien-Chi Lin -- Biodegradable polymeric biomaterials : an updated overview / Chih-Chang Chu -- Biologic biomaterials : tissue-derived biomaterials (collagen) / Shu-Tung Li -- Soft tissue replacements / K.B. Chandran, K.J.L. Burg, and S.W. Shalaby -- Hard tissue replacements / Sang-Hyun Park ... [et al.] -- Controlling and assessing cell-biomaterial interactions at the micro- and nanoscale : applications in tissue engineering / Jessica Kaufman, Joyce Y. Wong, and Catherine Klapperich.
- 2009 SpringerJoyce, Thomas J.; Merolli, A.
- 2010Hicks, Jennifer Lee; Andriacchi, Thomas P.; Delp, Scott; Imrie, Meghan.Many children with cerebral palsy walk with excessive knee flexion, an inefficient locomotion pattern known as crouch gait that progressively worsens over time without intervention. Patients often receive surgeries to lengthen tight or spastic muscles or to correct bone malalignments, but outcomes are variable and unpredictable. The goals of this dissertation were, first, to objectively identify biomechanical factors that cause a patient to walk with excess knee flexion and, second, to use these factors to predict whether a patient's crouch gait will improve after receiving treatment. We first determined the influence of abnormal bone geometry and crouched gait postures on the function of muscles during walking using a three-dimensional model of the musculoskeletal system. Our analysis revealed that a tibial torsion deformity, a common bone malalignment, reduces the capacity of lower limb muscles to generate extension of the knee and hip joints. Excess tibial torsion may thus be a significant contributor to crouch gait and warrant surgical correction. In addition, our analysis showed that a crouched gait posture markedly reduces the capacity of most lower limb muscles to extend the knee and hip joints. These findings help explain the altered muscle activations, increased energy requirements, and increased joint loading associated with walking in a crouch gait. We also developed a multi-variable linear regression model to estimate how much subjects' crouch gait would change between hospital visits by retrospectively analyzing patients' gait kinematics over time and surgical histories. The regression model was able to explain 49% of the variance in the change in knee flexion between gait visits for the 353 subject-limbs that we analyzed. Further, the regression model classified subject-limbs as 'Improved' or 'Unimproved' with approximately 70% accuracy, which contrasts with the observed improvement rate of 48% among subject-limbs in the study. We further demonstrated that more improvement in crouch gait was expected when subjects had i) adequate hamstrings lengths and velocities, ii) normal tibial torsion, and iii) greater extensor muscle strength, three variables drawn from our knowledge about the biomechanics of crouch gait. This work establishes a new framework--combining biomechanical modeling and statistical analysis--for understanding gait pathology and objectively planning treatment.
- 2008 CRCnetBASEKumar, Shrawan.Theories of occupational musculoskeletal injury causation / Shrawan Kumar -- Anthropometry and biomechanics, anthromechanics / Karl H.E. Kroemer -- Mechanical exposure assessment in the design of work / W. Patrick Neumann and Richard Wells -- Tissue mechanics of ligaments and tendons / Savio L.-Y. Woo ... [et al.] -- Ligament sprains and healing / Richard S. Boorman ... [et al.] -- Bone biomechanics and fractures / Stefan Judex ... [et al.] -- Determinants of muscle strength / Walter Herzog -- Functional anatomy of the upper limb / Anil Walji -- Hand grasping, finger pinching, and squeezing / Sheik N. Imrhan -- Hand tools / Anil Mital, Anand Subramaniam, and Arunkumar Pennathur -- Biomechanics of gloves / Ram R. Bishu, V. Gnaneswaran, and Liu Dahai -- Work and activity-related musculoskeletal disorders of the upper extremity / Richard Wells and Peter Keir -- The ACGIH TLV for hand activity level / Thomas J. Armstrong -- Biomechanical models of the hand, wrist, and elbow in ergonomics / Richard E. Huges and Kai-Nan An -- Biomechanical modeling of the shoulder anatomy / Krystyna Gielo-Perczak and Jon Rasmussen -- Whiplash injuries : in-vitro studies / Narayan Yoganandan ... [et al.] -- Whiplash injuries : in-vivo studies / Robert Ferrari -- Low back disorders / Edgar Ramos Vieira -- Models in manual materials handling / Jeffrey C. Woldstad, M.M. Ayoub, and James L. Smith -- Revised NIOSH lifting equation / Thomas R. Waters -- Whole body vibration / Judy Village and James B. Morrison -- Cumulative load and models / Shrawan Kumar -- Posture / Stephan Konz -- Biomechanics in work seating design / Jorgen Eklund -- Biomechanics during ladder and stair climbing and walking on ramps and other irregular surfaces / Andrew S. Merryweather and Donald S. Bloswick -- Slips, trips, and falls / Raoul Gronquist.
- 2014 CRCnetBASEGoyal, Megh Raj; Goyal, Vijay K.1. Biofluid dynamics of cardiopulmonary bypass surgery -- 2. Biomechanics of artificial heart -- 3. Biomaterials for an artificial pacemaker -- 4. Biomaterials for carotid stenting -- 5. Biomechanics of angioplasty : ballooning and stenting -- 6. Biomechanics of artificial lung -- 7. Biomechanics of artificial kidney -- 8. Biomechanics of arthritis and human body pain -- 9. Biomechanics of orthopaedic fixations -- 10. Biomechanics of total knee replacement -- 11. Biomechanics of dental prostheses.
- 2010 SpringerPitkin, M. R.
- 2014 Thieme eNeurosurgeryBenzel, Edward C.
- 2007 SpringerBartl, R.
- 2009 SpringerBronner, Felix; Farach-Carson, Mary C.
- 2006 SpringerMeyer, Ulrich; Meyer, Thomas; Wiesmann, Hans Peter.Also available: Print – 2006
- 2010 SpringerBronner, Felix; Farach-Carson, Mary C.; Roach, Helmtrud I.Genetic and epigenetic aspects of bone development -- Tissue interactions in long bone development -- The epiphyseal growth plate -- Hedgehog signaling in growth plate and bone development -- Role of microRNA in skeleton development -- FGF/FGFR signaling in skeletal dysplasias -- The role of hypoxia-induced factors -- BMP signaling in skeletogenesis -- Wnt signaling in bone development -- Development of the craniofacial complex -- Dentin and bone: similar collagenous mineralized tissues -- Evolution of bone proteins -- Osteogenesis imperfect -- Fibrodysplasia ossificans progressive: developmental implications of a novel metamorphogene -- Bone-mineral homeostasis and associated pathologies -- Interrelationship between bone and other tissues: brain-bone axis and bone-adipo axis -- Mechanobiology of bone development and computational simulations.
- 2006 Thieme BookBurgener, Francis A.; Kormano, Martti; Pudas, Tomi.The conventional x-ray continues to be a cost-effective, first-line modality for the diagnostic imaging of the bones and joints. In this new edition of this classic, essential help is provided to make preliminary diagnoses of a vast range of conditions effecting the musculoskeletal system. The differential diagnostic information is provided in tables, organized by classes of findings, and illustrated by more than a thousand brilliant radiographs and, where helpful, schematic diagrams.
- 2014 SpringerOestern, H.-J; Trentz, O.; Uranues, Selman.All European countries, including those that have recently joined the European Union or are candidates for membership, currently show a clear trend towards an increasing number of accidental injuries. This holds true for a range of injuries, including accidents among the elderly, sports injuries, and trauma due to traffic accidents. The increase in the number of injuries is accompanied by rising expectations among patients, who anticipate good functional results even after serious injuries. Despite these developments, trauma surgery is not yet established as an independent field in all European countries. Against this background, there is a clear need for a book that covers the state of the art in trauma surgery. This volume, which focuses on bone and joint injuries orthopedic trauma is intended to help to meet this need. It will also serve to harmonize the practice of trauma surgery within the European Union and to prepare for the UEMS EBSQ trauma surgery.
- 2005 ScienceDirectKleerekoper, Michael; McClung, Michael; Siris, Ethel S.Indications for bone mass measurement / Dorothy A. Nelson, Michael Kleerekoper -- A practical guide to bone densitometry / Dorothy A. Nelson, Michael Kleerekoper -- Laboratory analyses useful in the diagnosis of bone and calcium metabolic disorders / Hunter Heath, III -- Biochemical markers of bone remodeling / Michael Kleerekoper -- Skeletal imaging: radiographs, computed tomography (CT), and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) / Harry K. Genant -- Scintigraphy / Ignac Fogelman -- Hypocalcemia and hypercalcemia in neonates / Winston Koo -- Preterm infants with fractures / Winston Koo -- Rickets / John M. Pettifor -- Osteogenesis imperfecta / Jay R. Shapiro, Paul Sponseller -- Juvenile osteoporosis / Craig B. Langman -- Fibrous dysplasia / Frederick S. Kaplan -- Optimizing peak bone mass / John M. Pettifor -- Bone disorders associated with primary or secondary amenorrhea / Michelle P. Warren, Sari Halpert -- Nephrolithiasis / Murray J. Favus -- Acute spinal cord injury and traumatic brain injury / Albert C. Clairmont, Velimir Matkovic -- Reflex sympathetic dystrophy / Albert C. Clairmont, Velimir Matkovic -- Evaluation of the patient with low bone density / Marjorie Luckey -- Calcium and vitamin D / Bess Dawson-Hughes -- Pharmacologic therapy / Nelson Watts, Michael McClung -- Nonpharmacologic prevention and management of falls and fractures / Susan Greenspan -- Osteoporosis in men / Eric Orwoll -- Steroid-induced osteoporosis / Barbara P. Lukert -- Organ transplantation / Elizabeth Shane -- Paget disease of bone / Ethel S. Siris -- Renal bone diseases / Paul D. Miller, Edgar V. Lerma -- Metastatic bone disease / Socrates E. Papapoulos -- Osteomalacia / Carolyn Becker -- High bone mass / Michael P. Whyte -- Hypercalcemia -- Line Vautour, David Goltzman -- Primary hyperparathyroidism / John P. Bilezikian -- Hypocalcemia / Frederick R. Singer -- Phosphorous and magnesium / S. Abbas Raza, Marc K. Drezner -- Principles of patient and family education and support / Betsy McClung -- Resources for education and support / Betsy McClung.
- 2007 SpringerBronner, Felix; Farach-Carson, Mary C.
- 2010 ClinicalKeyFolpe, Andrew L.; Inwards, Carrie Y.Bone and Soft Tissue Pathology: A Volume in the Diagnostic Pathology Series, by Andrew L. Folpe, MD and Carrie Y. Inwards, MD, packs today's most essential bone and soft tissue pathology know-how into a compact, high-yield format! The book's pragmatic, well-organized approach, complemented by abundant full-color, high-quality illustrations and at-a-glance tables, makes it easy to access the information you need to quickly and accurately identify pathology specimens. Best of all, Expert Consult functionality provides online access to the full text of the book, downloadable illustrations for your personal use, and more. The result is a practical, affordable reference for study and review as well as for everyday clinical practice. Includes access to the complete contents online, fully searchable, downloadable illustrations for your personal use, and more, allowing you to consult the text a quick, convenient manner. Reviews normal histology before examining abnormal findings, enabling you to conveniently compare their characteristics in one place at one time. Covers both neoplastic and non-neoplastic conditions of bone and soft tissue to equip you to meet a wide range of diagnostic challenges. Uses a consistent, user-friendly format to explore each entity's clinical features, pathologic features (gross and microscopic), ancillary studies, differential diagnoses, and prognostic and therapeutic considerations ... making it easy to locate specific information on a particular entity. Features abundant boxes and tables throughout that enhance the presentation and accessibility of the material. Offers nearly 1,000 full-color, high-quality illustrations that demonstrate the key features of a wide variety of pathologic lesions to facilitate greater accuracy in identification of specimens.
- 2012 ClinicalKeyHorvai, Andrew E.; Link, Thomas M."Save time identifying and diagnosing pathology specimens with High Yield Bone and Soft Tissue Pathology, edited by Drs. Andrew Horvai and Thomas Link. Part of the High-Yield Pathology Series, this title is designed to help you review the key pathologic features of bone and soft-tissue malformations, recognize the classic look of each disease, and quickly confirm your diagnosis. Its templated format, excellent color photographs, concise bulleted text, and authoritative content will help you accurately identify more than 160 discrete disease entities. Online access to complete text, image bank, and more at www.expertconsult.com makes this an ideal reference for on-the-go pathologists."--Publisher's website.
- 2015 ClinicalKeyHeymann, Dominique.Epidemiology of primary bone tumors and economical aspects of bone metastases -- Tumor: bone interactions: there is no place like bone -- Stem cell niches in the bone: bone marrow organ and their significance for hematopoietic and non-hematopoietic cancer -- Deregulation of osteoblast differentiation in primary bone cancers -- Contribution of osteoclasts to the bone: tumor niche -- Involvement of osteocytes in cancer bone niche -- Role of mesenchymal stem cells in bone cancer; initiation, propagation and metastasis -- Gap junction in bone remodeling and in primary bone tumors: osteosarcoma and Ewing sarcoma -- Macrophages and pathophysiology of bone cancers -- Cytokines and bone cancers -- Technical aspects: how do we best prepare bone samples for proper histological analysis? -- Bone remodeling markers and bone cancer -- Cancer stem cells in representative bone tumors: osteosarcoma, Ewing sarcoma and metastases from breast and prostate carcinomas -- Homeobox genes from the Dlx family and bone cancers -- MicroRNA implication in therapeutic resistance and metastatic dissemination of bone-associated tumors -- Hypoxia and angiogenesis: from primary tumor to bone metastasis -- Modeling osteosarcoma: in vitro and in vivo approaches -- Stemness markers of osteosarcoma -- Molecular pathology of osteosarcoma -- Gene and proteomic profiling of osteosarcoma -- Ewing sarcoma family of tumors -- Biology of Ewing sarcoma -- Osteoclast-rich lesions of bone: a clinical and molecular overview -- Markers for bone sarcomas -- Margins and bone tumors: what are we talking about? -- Cytogenetics of bone tumors -- Genetic aspects of bone tumors -- Cytogenetic and molecular genetic alterations in bone tumors -- Genetics of giant cell tumors of bone -- Mammalian models of bone sarcomas -- Zebrafish models for studying bone cancers: mutants, transgenic fish and embryos -- Imaging of bone sarcomas -- New therapeutic targets in Ewing sarcoma: from pre-clinical proof-of-concept to clinical trials -- Therapeutic approaches for bone sarcomas -- Chondrosarcoma of bone: diagnosis and therapy -- Apoptosis and drug resistance in malignant bone tumors -- Giant cell tumors of bone -- EMT process in bone metastasis -- Histopathology of skeletal metastases -- Disseminated tumor cells in bone marrow of cancer patients -- MicroRNA-mediated regulation of bone metastasis formation: from primary tumors to skeleton -- Myeloma and osteoclast relationship -- In vivo models used in studies of bone metastases -- Interventional radiologic techniques in management of bone tumors -- Diagnosis of bone metastases in urological malignancies : an update -- Pre-clinical molecular imaging of "the seed and the soil" in bone metastasis -- Mechanisms and management of bone cancer pain -- Bone cancer: current opinion in palliative care -- Involvement of sympathetic nerves in bone metastasis -- Pain control with palliative radiotherapy in patients with bone metastases -- Cellular and molecular actions of bisphosphonates -- The use of nitrogen-bisphosphonates to capture the potent anti-tumor arsenal of human peripheral blood [gamma delta] T cells for the treatment of bone cancer metastasis -- Systemic treatment of bone metastases in castration-resistant prostate cancer (CRPC): pre-clinical to clinical point of view -- A multi-targeted approach to treating bone metastases -- Bone metastases in prostate cancer: pathophysiology, clinical complications, actual treatment, and future directions -- Bone-targeted agents and skeletal-related events in breast cancer patients with bone metastases -- Bone metastases : current status of bone-targeted treatments -- Bone metastases, clinical trials II: zoledronic acid and denosumab in the prevention of bone metastases.
- 2010 ScienceDirectHeymann, Dominique.Chapter 1. Epidemiology of Primary Bone Tumors and Economical Aspects of Bone Metastases / Esther I. Hauben, Pancras C.W. Hogendoorn -- Chapter 2. Tumor-Bone Cell Interactions in Bone Metastases / Pierrick G.J. Fournier, Lauren K. Dunn, Gregory A. Clines, Theresa A. Guise -- Chapter 3. Early Bone Metastasis-Associated Molecular and Cellular Events / Philippe Clézardin -- Chapter 4. Regulation of Osteoblast Differentiation and Bone Cancers by Wnt and PTH Signaling Pathways / Julia Billiard, John A. Robinson, Ramesh A. Bhat, Bheem M. Bhat, Richard J. Murrills, Peter V.N. Bodine -- Chapter 5. Osteoclast Differentiation and Function / Luis Filgueira -- Chapter 6. Immunoregulation of Osteoclast Differentiation in Multiple Myeloma Bone Disease / Maria Grano, Giacomina Brunetti, Silvia Colucci -- Chapter 7. Facts and Hypothesis on Osteolytic Lesions Related to Normal and Tumoral Epithelial Dental Cell Differentiation / Blandine Ruhin, Frédéric Lézot, Aymann Bouattour, Sonia Ghoul-Mazgar, Ariane Berdal, Vianney Descroix -- Chapter 8. The Role of the Interleukin-6 Family of Cytokines in Bone Remodeling and Bone Cancer / Frédéric Blanchard, Emmanuelle David, Bénédicte Brounais -- Chapter 9. Proteases and Therapeutic Approaches of Bone Tumors / Velasco C. Ruiz, Y. Fortun, D. Heymann, M. Padrines -- Chapter 10. Bone Remodeling Markers and Bone Cancer / Markus J. Seibel -- Chapter 11. Cytogenetic and Molecular Genetic Alterations in Bone Tumors / Suvi Savola, Tom Böhling, Sakari Knuutila -- Chapter 12. Cytogenetics of Bone Tumors / Jiyun Lee, Mallory Martin, Shibo Li -- Chapter 13. Genetic Aspects of Bone Tumors / Shamini Selvarajah, Maria Zielenska, Jeremy A. Squire, Paul C. Park -- Chapter 14. Proteomics of Bone Cancer / Stephanie Byrum, Eric R. Siegel, Sudeepa Bhattacharyya, Larry J. Suva -- Chapter 15. Genomic and Proteomic Profiling of Osteosarcoma / Tsz-Kwong Man, Pulivarthi H. Rao, Ching C. Lau -- Chapter 16. Molecular Pathology of Osteosarcoma / Walter C. Bell, Gene P. Siegal -- Chapter 17. Technical Aspects: How Do We Best Prepare Bone Samples for Proper Histological Analysis? / Daniel Chappard -- Chapter 18. Osteoclast-rich Lesions of Bone: A Clinical and Molecular Overview / Adrienne M. Flanagan, Roberto Tirabosco, Panagiotis D. Gikas -- Chapter 19. Recent Advances in the Biology of Bone Tumors and New Diagnostic Tools / Gonzague de Pinieux, Corinne Bouvier -- Chapter 20. Ewing's Sarcoma Family of Tumors / Joseph D. Khoury -- Chapter 21. The Histopathology of Skeletal Metastases / Ping Tang, David G. Hicks -- Chapter 22. Interventional Radiologic Techniques and their Contribution to the Management of Bone Tumors / Robert G. Jones, Eric J. Heffernan, Faisal Rashid, Peter L. Munk -- Chapter 23. Imaging of Bone Metastases / Nieroshan Rajarubendra, Nathan Lawrentschuk -- Chapter 24. Diagnosis of Skeletal Metastases in Malignant Extraskeletal Cancers / Holger Schirrmeister, Coskun Arslandemir -- Chapter 25. Pain Control with Palliative Radiotherapy in Bone Metastases / Alysa Fairchild, Amanda Hird, Edward Chow -- Chapter 26. Mechanisms and Management of Bone Cancer Pain / Ma'ann C. Sabino, Denis R. Clohisy -- Chapter 27. Malignant Skeletal Pain: Mechanisms and Potential Therapeutic Opportunities / Monica Herrera, Juan Miguel Jimenez-Andrade, Marina Vardanyan, Patrick W. Mantyh -- Chapter 28. Animal Models of Malignant Primary Bone Tumors and Novel Therapeutic Approaches / Julie Rousseau, François Lamoureux, Gaëlle Picarda, François Gouin, Valérie Trichet, Françoise Rédini -- Chapter 29. In vivo Models Used in Studies of Bone Metastases / Ingunn Holen, Michelle A. Lawson -- Chapter 30. Cytokine Gene Therapy in Bone Remodeling / Carl D. Richards, David Smyth -- Chapter 31. Non-surgical Treatment of Chondrosarcoma: Current Concepts and Future Perspectives / Eric L. Staals, Emanuela Palmerini, Stefano Ferrari, Mario Mercuri -- Chapter 32. Mechanistic Role of RANKL in Cancer-induced Bone Diseases and Development of a Targeted Therapy to Inhibit this Pathway / William C. Dougall -- Chapter 33. Chondrosarcoma of Bone: Diagnosis and Therapy / Arne Streitbuerger, Jendrik Hardes, Georg Gosheger -- Chapter 34. Current Status of Immunotherapy for Osteosarcoma and its Future Trends / Kanji Mori, Kosei Ando, Yoshitaka Matsusue, Dominique Heymann -- Chapter 35. Bisphosphonates, Bone Health and the Clinical Biology of Bone Metastases from Breast Cancer / Alexander H.G.Paterson -- Chapter 36. A Multi-targeted Approach to Treating Bone Metastases / Robert D. Loberg, Kenneth J. Pienta -- Chapter 37. Bone Metastases of Prostatic Cancer: Pathophysiology, Clinical Complications, Actual Treatment and Future Directions / Sara De Dosso, Fernanda G. Herrera, Dominik R. Berthold -- Chapter 38. Apoptosis and Drug Resistance in Malignant Bone Tumors / Udo Kontny.
- 2006 SpringerBonnick, Sydney Lou; Lewis, Lori Ann.
- 2013 SpringerBonnick, Sydney Lou; Lewis, Lori Ann.An introduction to conventions in densitometry -- Densitometry techniques -- Skeletal anatomy in densitometry -- Performing a DXA PA lumbar spine, proximal femur, or forearm DXA study -- Radiation safety in x-ray densitometry -- Quality control procedures -- The importance of precision -- Using absolute risk to predict fracture risk in clinical practice -- An overview of osteoporosis -- Interpretation of bone densitometry data -- Less than perfect scan images -- Pediatric densitometry -- VFA imaging, femoral morphometry, and hip structural analysis -- Body composition analysis.
- 2010 SpringerBonnick, Sydney Lou.Densitometry techniques -- Skeletal anatomy in densitometry -- Statistical overview for the non-statistician densitometrist -- Quality control -- Radiation safety in x-ray densitometry -- Bone density data among technologies and manufacturers -- Selecting patients for bone mass measurements : clinical guidelines -- Selecting patients for bone mass measurements : self-assessment indices -- Diagnosing ostoporosis -- Predicting fracture risk -- Monitoring changes in bone density -- Secondary causes of osteoporosis -- New applications for DXA -- Reporting densitometry --FDA-approved densitometry devices..
- 2007 SpringerBachrach, Laura K.; Fung, Ellen B.; Sawyer, Aenor J.Rationale for bone densitometry in childhood and adolescence / Aenor J. Sawyer and Laura K. Bachrach -- Tools for measuring bone in children and adolescents / Kate A. Ward, Zulf Mughal, and Judith E. Adams -- Dual-energy x-ray absorptiometry / Nicola J. Crabtree, Mary B. Leonard, and Babette S. Zemel -- Clinical indications for the use of DXA in pediatrics / Laura K. Bachrach ... [et al.] -- Acquisition of DXA in children and adolescents / Nicola J. Crabtree, Kyla Kent, and Babette S. Zemel -- Analysis / Moira Petit ... [et al.] -- Evaluation / Babette S. Zemel and Moira Petit -- Reporting DXA results / Ellen B. Fung ... [et al.] -- Children with special considerations / Laurie J. Moyer-Mileur, Zulf Mughal, and Ellen B. Fung -- Research considerations / Mary B. Leonard and Moira Petit -- Looking to the future of pediatric bone densitometry / Nicholas J. Bishop, Aenor J. Sawyer, and Mary B. Leonard.
- 2005 ScienceDirectCompston, Juliet; Shane, Elizabeth.Bone disease after kidney transplantation / S.L-S Fan and John Cunningham -- Histologic abnormalities of bone before and after kidney transplantation / Marie-Claude Monier-Faugere and Hartmut H. Malluche --Bone disease following kidney-pancreas and pancreas transplantation / Stuart M. Sprague -- Bone disease after liver transplantation / Nuria Guañabens and Ana Monegal -- Bone disease in patients before and after cardiac transplantation / Adi Cohen and Elizabeth Shane -- Bone loss in patients before and after lung transplantation / Emily Stein and Elizabeth Shane -- Transplantation for cystic fibrosis: effect on the skeleton / Robert M. Aris and David A. Ontjes -- Bone disease after bone marrow transplantation / Peter R. Ebeling -- Osteonecrosis and organ transplantation / Neveen A.T. Hamdy -- Pediatric transplant bone disease / Mary B. Leonard and Craig B. Langman -- -- Management of bone disease in candidates for organ transplant / Susan M. Ott -- Management: prevention of bone loss after organ transplantation / Philip Sambrook -- Management: established osteoporosis in organ transplant recipients / Ian R. Reid. Principles of transplantation immunology / Mario C. Deng ... [et al.] -- Bone biology: bone structure and remodeling / Lawrence G. Raisz -- Skeletal effects of glucocorticoids: basic and clinical aspects / Ernesto Canalis -- Transplantation bone disease induced by non-steroid immunosuppressants / Solomon Epstein, Angela M. Inzerillo, and Mone Zaidi -- Molecular effects of calcineurin inhibitors / Adina E. Schneider, Mone Zaidi, and Solomon Epstein -- Bone and the immune system / W. Neale Weitzmann and Roberto Pacifici -- -- Fracture prevalence and incidence in solid organ transplant recipients / Bart L. Clarke and Gudrun Leidig-Bruckner -- Bone histomorphometetry and its application to transplantation bone disease / Juliet Compston -- The role of parathyroid hormone in the evolution of bone loss after organ transplantation / Mishaela R. Rubin and John P. Bilezikian -- The role of hypogonadism in the evolution of bone loss before and after cardiac transplantation / Hans-Ulrich Stempfle -- Pathogenesis of transplantation bone disease: a unifying hypothesis / Richard Eastell, Kim E. Naylor, and Annie M. Cooper --
- 2014 SpringerKlein, Gordon L.
- 2012 CRCnetBASEAbrams, S. A.; Hawthorne, Keli M."This book provides a rational basis for understanding how to ensure adequate bone health in children. It discusses the recommended dietary intakes of calcium and vitamin D in pediatric health as well as appropriate sources of these nutrients. The text presents information on the maintenance and improvement of bone health in children and adolescents. Chapters cover peak bone mass and prevention of bone loss diseases; bone formation; nutritional needs for calcium and vitamin D based on age; additional key nutrients needed for healthy bones; exercise and management of chronic illnesses; genetics and bone health; and future directions towards targeted dietary recommendations"-- Provided by publisher.
- 2005 SpringerRabbani, Shafaat A.; Singh, Gurmit.Overview / Sadmeet Singh and Gurmit Singh -- Parathyroid hormone-related peptide and malignancy / David Goltzman -- Vitamin D and vitamin D analogs in cancer / Richard Kremer and Shafaat A. Rabbani -- Role of TGF and IGF in tumor progression and bone metastases / Erin Giles and Gurmit Singh -- Biologic and therapeutic implications of osteomimicry and epithelial/mesenchymal transition in prostate cancer / Wen-Chin Huang, Valerie Odero-Marah, and Leland W.K. Chung -- The roles of immune-cell derived matrix metalloproteinases in tumor growth and metastasis / Kristina A. Szabo and Gurmit Singh -- Contribution of osteopontin to the development of bone metastasis / Alison L. Allan ... [et al.] -- The role of interleukin-11 in osteolytic bone metastasis / Ryan R. Simon ... [et al.] -- Cell adhesion moleculars in tumor metastasis / Sujata Persad ... [et al.] -- Antithrombotics in tumor growth and metastasis / Shaker A. Mousa -- Challenges and strategies in the analysis of multiple events in oncology / Pierre P. Major and Richard J. Cook -- Integrins : novel targets for the treatment of bone metastasis / Graham C. Parry ... [et al.] -- Bone metastasis and pathological fractures : bone tissue engineering as a novel therapy / Laurie A. McDuffee, Nigel Colterjohn, and Gurmit Singh -- Role of photodynamic therapy for bone metastasis / Shane Burch and Albert J.M. Yee -- Docetaxel for metastatic cancer and its role in combination therapies for advanced prostate cancer / Ellen K. Wasan ... [et al.] -- The use of tetracyclines for bone metastasis / Eric Seidlitz, Zeina Saikali, and Gurmit Singh -- Role of bisphosphonates in skeletal metastases / Arif Hussain and Fred Saad -- Radiation treatment of bone metastases / Edward Chow, Jackson Wu, and Elizabeth Toni Barnes.
- 2006 SpringerSampath, Kuber T.; Vukicevic, Slobodan.Also available: Print – 2008
- 2009 SpringerKhurana, Jasvir S.Bone structure, development and bone biology -- Structure and function of joints -- Biomechanics: part I -- Biomechanics: part II -- Laboratory in orthopedic practice -- Genetics and molecular biology of bone and soft tissue tumors -- Grossing of bone and soft tissue (common specimens and procedures) -- Bone histomorphometry and undecalcified sections -- Radiology of the musculoskeletal system -- Skeletal trauma and common orthopedic problems -- Surgical pathology of bone infections -- Arthropathies -- Surgical pathology of prosthetic materials -- Osteoporosis and metabolic bone disease -- Inherited and dysplastic conditions of the skeleton -- Musculoskeletal neoplasms: an introduction -- Medical management of sarcomas -- Radiation therapy for sarcomas -- Surgical pathology of bone tumors and tumor-like lesions -- Tumors of soft tissue.
- 2011 SpringerHaïat, Guillaume; Laugier, Pascal.Quantitative ultrasound (QUS) of bone is a relatively recent research field. The research community is steadily growing, with interdisciplinary branches in acoustics, medical imaging, biomechanics, biomedical engineering, applied mathematics, bone biology and clinical sciences, resulting in significant achievements in new ultrasound technologies to measure bone, as well as models to elucidate the interaction and the propagation of ultrasonic wave in complex bone structures. Hundreds of articles published in specialists journals are accessible from the Web and from electronic libraries. However, no compilation and synthesis of the most recent and significant research exist. The only book on QUS of bone has been published in 1999 at a time when the propagation mechanisms of ultrasound in bone were still largely unknown and the technology was immature. The research community has now reached a critical size, special sessions are organized in major international meetings (e.g., at the World Congress of Biomechanics, the annual meetings of the Acoustical Society of America, International Bone Densitometry Workshop, etc...). Consequently, the time has come for a completely up to date, comprehensive review of the topic. The book will offer the most recent experimental results and theoretical concepts developed so far and is intended for researchers, graduate or undergraduate students, engineers, and clinicians who are involved in the field. The central part of the book covers the physics of ultrasound propagation in bone. Our goal is to give the reader an extensive view of the mathematical and numerical models as an aid to understand the QUS potential and the types of variables that can be determined by QUS in order to characterize bone strength. The propagation of sound in bone is still subject of intensive research. Different models have been proposed (for example, the Biot theory of poroelasticity and the theory of scattering have been used to describe wave.
- 2005 SpringerFriedlaender, Gary E.; Lieberman, Jay R.Bone dynamics: morphogenesis, growth modeling, and remodeling / Jeffrey O. Hollinger -- Fracture repair / Charles Sfeir ... [et al.] -- Common molecular mechanisms regulating fetal bone formation and adult fracture repair / Theodore Miclau ... [et al.] -- Biology of bone grafts / Victor M. Goldberg and Sam Akhavan -- Cell-based strategies for bone regeneration: from developmental biology to clinical therapy / Scott P. Bruder and Tony Scaduto -- Biology of the vascularized fibular graft / Elizabeth Joneschild and James R. Urbaniak -- Growth factors and osteogenesis / Stephen B. Trippel -- Bone grafts and bone graft substitutes / Doug Sutherland and Mathias Bostrom -- Gene transfer approaches to enhancing bone healing / Oliver Betz ... [et al.] -- Bone morphogenic proteins and other growth factors to enhance fracture healing and treatment of nonunions / Calin S. Moucha and Thomas A. Einhorn -- The Ilizarov technique for bone regeneration and repair / James Aronson -- Spinal fusion: biology and clinical applications / K. Craig Boatright and Scott D. Boden -- Bone allograft transplantation: theory and practice / Henry J. Mankin ... [et al.] -- Bone grafting for total joint arthroplasty: biology and clinical applications / Moussa Hamadouche and Daniel J. Berry -- Biophysical stimulation using electrical, electromagnetic, and ultrasonic fields: effects on fracture healing and spinal fusion / James T. Ryaby -- Vascularized fibula grafts: clinical applications / Richard S. Gilbert and Scott W. Wolfe -- Craniofacial repair / Bruce A. Doll ... [et al.] -- Bone regeneration techniques in the orofacial region / Samuel E. Lynch.
- 2005 SpringerBronner, Felix; Farach-Carson, Mary C.; Rubin, Janet.Osteoclast: origin and differentiation / Janet Rubin and Edward M. Greenfield -- Osteolytic enzymes of osteoclasts / Merry Jo Oursler -- Regulation of osteoclast activity / Roland Baron and William C. Horne -- Structural aspects of bone resorption / Steven D. Bain and Ted S. Gross -- Inflammatory cytokines / Mark S. Nanes and Roberto Pacifici -- Genetics and mutations affecting osteoclast development and function / Mark C. Horowitz, Melissa A. Kacena, Joseph A. Lorenzo -- Clinical disorders associated with alterations in bone resorption / Janet Rubin and Mark S. Nanes -- Pharmaceuticals for bone disease targeting the osteoclast / Lorraine A. Fitzpatrick -- Skeletal complications of malignancy: central role for the osteoclast / Gregory A. Clines, John M. Chirgwin, Theresa A. Guise.
- 2005 CRCnetBASEHollinger, Jeffrey O.
- 2012 SpringerWu, Jim S.; Hochman, Mary G.Introduction to Bone Tumors -- How to Evaluate a Bone Lesion -- Imaging Modalities -- Cartilage Tumors -- Osseous Tumors -- Fibrous Tumors -- Miscellaneous Tumors -- Bone Metastases -- Bone Tumor Mimickers -- Cases.
- 2014 SpringerKarachalios, Theofilos.What is the optimal design and fixation of the implants we use for orthopedic reconstructions? What is the gold standard for the management of patients requiring implants? Is there scope for improvement still further? Huge efforts have been made both by research scientists in orthopedics and the implant industry to furthering the options available for arthroplasty without necessarily considering the cost-effectiveness of this research to clinical outcomes. It has also become apparent that theoretical and laboratory studies do not always match the results of long-term clinical studies of which there regretfully few of sufficient quality. The Editor and his carefully chosen selection of contributors critically evaluate data from basic science, experimental in vivo and in vitro biological and mechanical models, autopsy specimens and long-term clinical studies to answer these questions. Bone-Implant Interface in Orthopedic Surgery: Basic Science to Clinical Applications focuses on the bone-orthopedic implant interface in general and will be useful both for the novice who seeks a quick introduction to this specific topic and for more experienced surgeons who seek an in depth critical review of current practices.
- 2005 ScienceDirectHall, Brian Keith.
- 2006 OvidBurkhart, Stephen S.; Brady, Paul C.; Lo, Ian K. Y.Visualization -- Angle of approach -- Creating a stable construct -- Understanding and recognizing pathology -- The tough stuff -- Exposing the hidden arthroscopic landmarks -- Insurmountable problems -- Gaining speed and tricks of the trade -- Order of steps -- Rotator cuff tear patterns -- Postoperative rehabilitation -- Operating room set-up -- Instability -- SLAP repair -- Subacromial procedures (non-cuff) -- Stiffness -- Rotator cuff -- Biceps -- Tricks and tips -- Assorted conditions -- The future.
- 2015 KargerAllgrove, Jeremy; Shaw, Nick.Voyages of discovery / Allgrove, J. -- Physiology of calcium, phosphate, magnesium and vitamin D / Allgrove, J. -- Physiology of bone / Grabowski, P. -- Radiology of osteogenesis imperfecta, rickets and other bony fragility states / Calder, A.D. -- Bone densitometry : current status and future perspective / Crabtree, N.; Ward K. -- A practical approach to hypocalcaemia in children / Shaw, N.J. -- Approach to the child with hypercalcaemia / Davies, J.H. -- A practical approach to vitamin D deficiency and rickets / Allgrove, J.; Shaw, N.J. -- A practical clinical approach to pediatric phosphate disorders / Imel, E.A. ; Carpenter, T.O. -- Primary osteoporosis / Arundel, P. ; Bishop, N. -- Osteoporosis in children with chronic disease / Hgler, W. ; Ward, L. -- Genetics of osteoporosis in children / van Dijk, F.S. -- A practical approach to children with recurrent fractures / Korula, S.; Titmuss, A.T.; Biggin A.; Munns, C.F. -- Miscellaneous bone disorders / Mughal, M.Z.; Padidela, R. -- Skeletal aspects of non-accidental injury / Johnson, K.; Bradshaw, K. -- Skeletal dysplasias: an overview / Offiah, A.C -- Drugs used in paediatric bone and calcium disorders / Cheung, M.S. -- Classification of disorders of bone and calcium metabolism / Allgrove J. -- Case histories / Katugampola, H. ; Saraff, V.; Kumaran, A. ; Allgrove, J.; Shaw, N.J.
- 2009 KargerAllgrove, Jeremy; Shaw, Nick.
- 2016 ClinicalKeyCanale, S. T.; Azar, Frederick M.; Beaty, James H.; Campbell, Willis C.Ideal for orthopaedic surgeons who need a practical resource covering the top procedures in the field, Campbell's Core Orthopaedic Procedures utilizes a succinct format that focuses solely on the surgical techniques critical in helping achieve optimal patient outcomes. Featuring step-by-step procedures used at the Campbell Clinic, this new resource offers practical, concise solutions for every patient scenario.
- 2013 ClinicalKeyBeaty, James H.; Campbell, Willis C.; Canale, S. T.v. 1. General principles -- Reconstructive procedures of the hip in adults -- Reconstructive procedures of the knee in adults -- Reconstructive procedures of the ankle in adults -- Reconstructive procedures of the shoulder and elbow in adults -- Amputations -- Infections -- Tumors -- v. 2. Congenital and developmental disorders -- Nervous system disorders in children -- Fractures and dislocations in children -- The spine -- v. 3. Sports medicine -- Arthroscopy -- Fractures and dislocations in adults -- v. 4. Peripheral nerve injuries -- Microsurgery -- The hand -- The foot and ankle.
- v. 1-4, 2008.Beaty, James H.; Campbell, Willis C.; Canale, S. T.
- 2013 SpringerCamus, Emmanuel; Van Overstraeten, Luc.Nowadays, it is established that carpal ligamentary lesions may lead to instability and then to carpal arthritis. However, the variety of anatomopathological classifications and the multiplicity of surgical repair techniques reflect the difficulty of conceiving this ligamentary pathology. The clinical analysis and traditional investigation techniques face the complexity of the wrist. Its mechanical complexity is due to the number of synchronized bones in every movement of the hand. The clinical analysis of the wrist is insufficient to precisely measure the mobility of each carpal bone. Paraclinical examinations are also significant for clinical diagnosis. The tools available today range from X-rays to arthroscopy, including arthroCTscan and soon MRI. As concerns repair techniques, their diversity must not hide the fact that a biomechanical and physiological principle is involved and must be identified. This book is the result of a reflection of an expert group in the field of wrist pathology. It attempts to analyze, understand, explain and make comprehensible, if not obvious, the reflections that each practitioner should employ during the diagnosis and treatment of carpal ligamentary lesions. The focus is consciously not on degenerative carpal pathology, which usually enjoys more visibility. We hope that readers will benefit from the fact that fragmented pieces of knowledge are gathered in a single work, that they will find in this beginning synthesis inspiring to rethink a difficult and sometimes thankless surgery and to further the surgical advances of the 21st century.
- 2011 KargerCamacho-Hübner, Cecilia; Nilsson, Ola; Sävendahl, Lars.Chondrocyte proliferation and differentiation / Wuelling, M., Vortkamp, A. -- Local regulation of growth plate cartilage / Spth, S.-S. ... [et al.] -- Growth plate senescence and catch-up growth / Lui, J.C., Nilsson, O., Baron, J. -- Endocrine regulation of longitudinal bone growth / Wit, J.M., Camacho-Hübner, C. -- Estrogen signaling in growth plate cartilage / Karimian, E., Svendahl, L. -- Methods to study cartilage and bone development / Andrade, A.C. ... [et al.] -- Fibroblast growth factor-23 and phosphorus metabolism / Tiosano, D. -- Molecular defects causing skeletal dysplasias / Mkitie, O. -- Allele-specific gene silencing in osteogenesis imperfecta / Ljunggren, Ö. ... [et al.] -- Stem cells in skeletal physiology and endocrine diseases of bone / Bianco, P., Sacchetti, B., Riminucci, M. -- Cartilage tissue engineering / Moreira-Teixeira, L.S. ... [et al.].
- 2004 Springer Protocolsv. 2 Springer ProtocolsDe Ceuninck, Frédéric; Pastoureau, Philippe; Sabatini, Massimo.A simple and reliable assay of proteoglycan synthesis by cultured chondrocytes -- Assays of proteoglycan and collagen degradation in cultures of rabbit cartilage explants -- Production of antibodies against degradative neoepitopes in aggrecan -- Immunoassays for collagens in chondrocyte and cartilage explant cultures -- Detection of apoptosis in cartilage in situ and in isolated chondrocytes -- Expression, activity, and regulation of MAP kinases in cultured chondrocytes -- Mechanical loading of chondrocytes embedded in 3D constructs: in vitro methods for assessment of morphological and metabolic response to compressive strain -- In vitro physical stimulation of tissue-engineered and native cartilage -- v. 1. Cellular and molecular tools. Culture and phenotyping of chondrocytes in primary culture -- Culture of chondrocytes in alginate beads -- Immortalization of human articular chondrocytes for generation of stable, differentiated cell lines -- Culture of immortalized chondrocytes and their use as models of chondrocyte function -- Generation of pluripotent stem cells and their differentiation to the chondrocytic phenotype -- Semiquantitative analysis of gene expression in cultured chondrocytes by RT-PCR -- Quantification of mRNA expression levels in articular chondrocytes with PCR technologies -- RNA extraction from cartilage -- Gene expression analysis in cartilage by in situ hybridization -- Analysis of differential gene expression in healthy and osteoarthritic cartilage and isolated chondrocytes by microarray analysis -- High-efficiency nonviral transfection of primary chondrocytes -- In vitro gene transfer to chondrocytes and synovial fibroblasts by adenoviral vectors -- Changes of chondrocyte metabolism in vitro: an approach by proteomic analysis -- Analysis of chondrocyte functional markers and pericellular matrix components by flow cytometry -- v. 2. Structure and in vivo analysis. Generation and use of transgenic mice as models of osteoarthritis -- Development and clinical application in arthritis of a new immunoassay for serum type IIA procollagen NH2 propeptide -- Histological and immunohistological studies on cartilage -- Histochemical visualization of the cartilage hyaladherins using a biotinylated hyaluronan oligosaccharide bioaffinity probe -- Methods for cartilage and subchondral bone histomorphometry -- Laser-mediated microdissection as a tool for molecular analysis in arthritis -- Analysis of protein distribution in cartilage using immunofluorescence and laser confocal scanning microscopy -- Molecular and biochemical assays of cartilage components -- Mechanical characterization of native and tissue-engineered cartilage -- Noninvasive study of human cartilage structure by MRI -- High-resolution MRI techniques for studies in small-animal models -- High-resolution imaging of osteoarthritis using microcomputed tomography -- High-resolution ultrasonograpy for analysis of age- and disease-related cartilage changes -- Evaluation of cartilage composition and degradation by high-resolution magic-angle spinning nuclear magnetic resonance -- Pulsed-field gradient-nuclear magnetic resonance (PFG NMR) to measure the diffusion of ions and polymers in cartilage: applications in joint diseases -- Dynamics of collagen in articular cartilage studied by solid-state NMR methods -- Computerized protocol for anatomical and functional studies of joints.Also available: Print – v. 1-2, 2004.
- 2011 SpringerLink, Thomas M.
- 2015 SpringerCanata, Gian Luigi; Dijk, C. N. van.This booklet, published in cooperation with ISAKOS, is a concise, up-to-date guide and reference on the treatment of cartilage lesions of the ankle that will be of practical clinical value for specialists in sports medicine and sports traumatology. Different techniques and the management of various lesions are described step by step, guiding the practitioner through the entire spectrum of care from evaluation of the injury to successful recovery. Chondral and osteochondral lesions of the talus can present as a consequence of repetitive ankle injuries, causing chronic pain, recurrent swelling, and weakness and stiffness of the ankle joint. An accurate early diagnosis is required, using clinical evaluation, imaging techniques, and arthroscopy of the ankle. In acute and non-displaced chondral and osteochondral lesions, conservative treatment is the mainstay. Surgery is recommended for unstable and persistent lesions and consists in several techniques focused on regeneration of the cartilage. Returning to play is possible after testing balance and proprioception, strength, range of motion, and agility.
- 2007 SpringerWilliams, Riley J.Articular cartilage : structure, biology, and function / Kyle R. Flik ... [et al.] -- Evaluating outcome following cartilage procedures / Robert G. Marx -- MRI and articular cartilage : evaluating lesions and postrepair tissue / Hollis G. Potter, Li F. Foo, and Andrew D. Pearle -- Decision making in cartilage repair procedures / Riley J. Williams III and Robert H. Brophy -- Nonoperative treatment options for symptomatic cartilage lesions / Marc C. Drakos and Answorth A. Allen -- Marrow stimulation and microfracture for the repair of articular cartilage lesions / Daniel J. Solomon, Riley J. Williams III, and Russell F. Warren -- Cartilage repair with chitosan-glycerol phosphate-stabilized blood clots / Michael D. Buschmann ... [et al.] -- Autologous osteochondral transplantation / Anthony Miniaci, Clinton Jambor, and Frank A. Petrigliano -- Articular cartilage resurfacing using synthetic resorbable scaffolds / Riley J. Williams III and Gabriele G. Niederauer -- Autologous chondrocyte implantation / Deryk G. Jones and Lars Peterson -- Osteochondral allograft transplantation / Joseph Yu and William D. Bugbee -- Matrix-induced autologous chodrocyte implantation / David Wood and Ming Hao Zheng -- Cell-based cartilage repair using the hyalograft transplant / Maurilio Marcacci ... [et al.] -- Allogeneic chodrocyte-based cartilage repair using alginate beads / Peter C.M. Verdonk ... [et al.] -- The role of knee osteotomy in the setting of articular cartilage repair / Keith M. Baumgarten and Thomas L. Wickiewicz -- Management of osteochondritis dissecans / Mininder S. Kocher and Joseph J. Czarnecki -- Meniscus transplantation and cartilage resurfacing : considerations, indications, and approach / Scott A. Rodeo -- Articular cartilage repair strategies in the ankle joint / Monika Volesky, Timothy Charlton, and Jonathan T. Deland -- Management of cartilage injuries in the hip / Bryan T. Kelly, Patrick P. Sussman, and Robert L. Buly -- Rehabilitation strategies following articular cartilage surgery in the knee / John T. Cavanaugh.
- 2014 SpringerFarr, Jack; Gomoll, Andreas.Attempting to bridge the gap between the science and art of cartilage restoration, Cartilage Restoration: Practical Clinical Applications combines an overview of clinical research and methodologies with clinical cases to help guide the orthopedic treatment and care of patients presenting with cartilage issues. With chapters written by internationally-renowned orthopedic surgeons, topics include an overview of current surgical options, debridement and marrow stimulation, autograft plug transfer, allografts, cell therapy, and meniscal issues. Cartilage Restoration is a valuable resource for orthopedic surgeons, residents, and fellows.
- 2011 ClinicalKeyBrittberg, Mats; Gersoff, Wayne K.Cartilage Surgery: An Operative Manual by Mats Brittberg, MD and Wayne Gersoff, MD is your guide to applying the most recent advances in cartilage repair, and performing cutting-edge surgical procedures. An internationally diverse collection of authors offers a global perspective on timely topics such as cartilage biologics. Clinical pearls, operative video clips, and detailed, full-color intraoperative photographs offer step-by-step guidance on essential techniques. You can access the full content and videos online at expertconsult.com, and the videos are included on a bound-in DVD. Stay current with the recent advances in cartilage repair including surgical and non-surgical treatments as well as biologic management of cartilage lesions. Get unmatched visual guidance from an unparalleled video collection - online and on DVD - that demonstrates how to perform a variety of key techniques. Quickly reference essential topics with a templated, focused format that includes clinical pearls to help you make a confident diagnosis and select the best treatment. Benefit from the knowledge, experience, and global perspective of a diverse collection of leading international authors. Access the book from any computer at ExpertConsult.com, complete with the full text, entire image bank, and video library.
- 2008 SpringerIp, David.
- 2008 Thieme eNeurosurgeryAlbert, Todd J.Presents a focused and succinct review of surgical cervical spine cases, representing mid to high-level complexity, with preferred management methods, including a rationale of pros and cons of alternative methods. A quick, clear, and practical approach to diagnosis and surgical management of cervical problems of the spine. The diagnosis-based format proceeds logically to the specific and most up-to-date methods of treatment.
- 2012 OvidBenzel, Edward C."This is the most comprehensive spine resource available. It is authored by members of the Cervical Spine Research Society, which is the premier society dealing with cervical spine problems. Cervical spine problems are treated by both neurosurgeons and orthopaedic surgeons. We will have a corresponding web site that will contain the book content plus the basic science content and videos of procedures with some updates"--Provided by publisher.
- 2015 Thieme-ConnectFreyschmidt, J.
- 2006 Thieme eNeurosurgeryAbdulhak, Muwaffak; Marzouk, Shaden.Odontoid fracture type I -- Transodontoid screw for type II odontoid fracture -- Nonunion of a type II odontoid fracture -- Atlantoaxial instability -- Bilateral locked facets -- Cervical kyphosis -- Spinal trauma -- Ankylosing spondylitis -- Esophageal injury -- Traumatic thoracic fracture -- Lumbar fracture -- Burst fracture -- Traumatic lumbar fracture -- Multiple burst fractures -- Sacral fracture / Rahul Vaidya and Marilyn Gates -- Atlanto-occipital dislocation / Eric Spickler -- Cranial settling -- Rheumatoid arthritis -- Rheumatoid patient with ventral cord compression -- Rheumatoid arthritis with instability -- Percutaneous cervical decompression -- Cervical cages -- Mechanical neck pain -- Multilevel anterior cervical discectomy and fusion (ACDF) -- Hardware failure -- Postoperative kyphosis -- Multilevel cervical stenosis -- Ossification of the posterior longitudinal ligament (OPLL) -- Cervical myelopathy -- Cervical hardware failure -- Central cord with osteoporosis -- Pseudomeningocele -- Angioedema -- Thoracic disc -- Syrinx -- Transverse myelitis -- Discogenic back pain -- Adjacent segment disease -- Motion preservation technology -- Percutaneous lumbar laminotomies and foraminotomies -- Large disc herniation treated percutaneously -- Segmental instability -- Lumbar instability and radiculopathy -- Foot drop -- Pars defect -- High-grade spondylolisthesis -- Multilevel posterior lumbar interbody fusion -- Bone morphogenetic protein -- Degenerative scoliosis -- Nerve root impingement by pedicle screw -- Lumbar scoliosis -- Degenerative lumbar spine disease with segmental instability -- Lumbar nonunion -- Mechanical back with previous posterior fusion -- Osteoporosis -- Metastatic lesion -- Plasmacytoma with postembolization swelling -- Thoracic tumor -- Thoracolumbar instrumentation failure -- Thoracic screw misplacement -- Recurrent giant cell tumor -- Lumbosacral giant cell tumor with segmental instability -- Large upper cervical nerve sheath tumor -- Benign thoracic tumor -- Spinal tumor / Asim Mahmood -- Lumbar schwannoma -- Metastatic spinal cord lesion -- Sacral lesion -- Recurrent sacral tumor -- Spinal epidural abscess -- Thoracic osteomyelitis -- Pott's disease -- Intramedullary cervical lesion -- Klippel-Feil spine -- Klippel-Feil Syndrome -- Cervical rib -- Ankylosing hyperostosis of Forestier and Rotes-Querol -- Fibrous dysplasia -- Diastematomyelia -- Spinal teratoma -- Congenital abnormality of the spine -- Thoracic arteriovenous fistula -- Arachnoid cyst -- Achondroplasia -- Arachnoiditis -- Spinal deformity -- Tethered cord.
- 2001 OvidChapman, Michael W.
- 2010 SpringerBenson, Michael K. D'A; Bleck, E. E.; Fixsen, John. A.; Macnicol, Malcolm F.; Parsch, Klaus.Part 1. Overview -- General Principles / Roderick D. Duncan -- Growth and Its Variants / Roderick D. Duncan -- Children and Young People with Disability: Management and Support / Zoë M. Dunhill -- Anesthesia and Analgesia in Children / Edward Doyle -- Paediatric Imaging / David J. Wilson and Gina M. Allen -- Part 2. Generalized Disorders -- Gait Analysis / Tim N. Theologis -- Bone, Cartilage, and Fibrous Tissue Disorders / William G. Cole -- Metabolic and Endocrine Disorders of the Skeleton / Roger Smith -- Blood Disorders and AIDS / Christopher A. Ludlam and John E. Jellis -- Infections of Bones and Joints / Klaus Parsch and Sydney Nade -- Skeletal Tuberculosis / Kenneth C. Rankin and Surendar M. Tuli -- Children's Orthopaedics in the Tropics / Sharaf B. Ibrahim and Abdul-Hamid Abdul-Kadir -- Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis / Günther E. Dannecker and Martin N. Arbogast -- Bone Tumors / Gérard Bollini, Jean-Luc Jouve, Franck Launay, Elke Viehweger and Yann Glard, et al. -- Part 3. Neuromuscular Disorders -- Neuromotor Development and Examination / Robert A. Minns -- Hereditary and Developmental Neuromuscular Disorders / Eugene E. Bleck and James E. Robb -- Neural Tube Defects, Spina Bifida, and Spinal Dysraphism / H. Kerr Graham and Klaus Parsch -- Poliomyelitis / Wang Chow, Yun Hoi Li and Chi Yan John Leong -- Orthopaedic Management of Cerebral Palsy / James E. Robb and Reinald Brunner -- Arthrogryposis multiplex congenita / John A. Fixsen -- Part 4. Regional Disorders -- Developmental Anomalies of the Hand / Peter D. Burge -- The Shoulder and Elbow / John A. Fixsen -- Brachial Plexus Injuries Peripheral Nerve Injuries / Alain L. Gilbert and Rolfe Birch -- Leg Deformity and Length Discrepancy / John A. Fixsen, Robert A. Hill and Franz Grill -- The Limping Child / F. Stig Jacobsen and Göran Hansson -- Developmental Dysplasia of the Hip / Michael K.D. Benson and Malcolm F. Macnicol -- Legg-Calvé-Perthes Disease / Andrew M. Wainwright and Anthony Catterall -- Slipped Capital Femoral Epiphysis / Malcolm F. Macnicol and Michael K. D. Benson -- The Knee / David M. Hunt and Malcolm F. Macnicol -- The Foot / John A. Fixsen -- The Clubfoot: Congenital Talipes Equinovarus / Deborah M. Eastwood -- Pes Cavus / John A. Fixsen -- Congenital Vertical Talus (Congenital Convex Pes Valgus) / John A. Fixsen -- Congenital Disorders of the Cervical Spine / Robert N. Hensinger -- Back Pain in Children / Robert A. Dickson -- Spinal Deformities / Robert A. Dickson -- Spondylolisthesis / Robert A. Dickson -- Part 5. Fractures -- Principles of Fracture Care / Malcolm F. Macnicol and Alastair W. Murray -- Fracture Epidemiology / Lennart A. Landin -- Polytrauma in Children / Peter P. Schmittenbecher and Cathrin S. Parsch -- Management of Growth Plate Injuries / Franck Accadbled and Bruce K. Foster -- Birth and Non-accidental Injuries / Peter J. Witherow, Michael K.D Benson and Jacqueline Y.Q. Mok -- Fractures Around the Shoulder and the Humerus / J.B. Hunter -- Fractures of the Elbow and Forearm / James B. Hunter and Klaus Parsch -- Wrist and Hand Fractures / Malcolm F. Macnicol and Klaus Parsch -- Fractures of the Pelvis / Peter W. Engelhardt -- Femoral Neck Fractures / Peter W. Engelhardt -- Femoral Shaft Fractures / Klaus Parsch -- Fractures of the Knee and Tibia / Carol-C. Hasler -- Ankle Fractures / Klaus Parsch and Francisco Fernandez Fernandez -- Fractures and Dislocations of the Foot / Francisco Fernandez Fernandez -- Traumatic Disorders of the Cervical Spine / Robert N. Hensinger -- Fractures of the Thoracic and Lumbar Spine / Robert N. Hensinger and Clifford L. Craig.
- 2006 SpringerCole, Brian J.; Malek, M. Mike.
- 2014 SpringerBanaszkiewicz, Paul A.; Kader, Deiary F.
- 2006 SpringerHabermeyer, P.; Lichtenberg, Sven; Magosch, Petra.
- 2012 SpringerIyer, K. Mohan.
- 2014 SpringerKiefer, Hartmuth; Atzrodt, Volker; Scheuber, Leslie F.; Usbeck, Sylvia.1 Introduction -- 2 Compatibility of Implants -- 3 OR Planning and Choice of Implant -- 4 Ceramic Femoral Ball Head -- 5 Ceramic Insert -- 6 Removal of Osteophytes -- 7 Functional Check with Trial Insert and Trial Femoral Ball Head -- 8 Positioning and Impaction of the Ceramic Insert -- 9 Summary -- References.
- 2011 ClinicalKeyBrotzman, S. Brent; Manske, Robert C."In Clinical Orthopaedic Rehabilitation: An Evidence-Based Approach, Dr. S. Brent Brotzman and Robert C. Manske help you apply the most effective, evidence-based protocols for maximizing return to function following common sports injuries and post-surgical conditions. A well-respected, comprehensive source for evaluating, treating, and rehabilitating orthopaedic patients, the 3rd Edition guides you on the prevention of running injuries, the latest perturbation techniques, and the ACL rehabilitation procedures and functional tests you need to help get your patients back in the game or the office. You'll also find a brand-new spine rehabilitation section."--pub. desc.
- 2008Loudon, Janice K.; Bell, Stephania; Swift, Marcie.Classifications and definitions -- Examination sequence for history and tests and measures -- Temporomandibular joint -- Cervical spine -- Thoracic spine -- Lumbar spine -- Pelvis -- Shoulder joint complex -- Elbow and forearm -- Wrist and hand -- Functional assessment of the upper extremity -- Hip joint -- Knee -- Foot and ankle -- Functional assessment of the lower extremity -- Posture -- Gait -- Other gait sequences -- Upper-extremity and lower-extremity neurodynamics.
- 2008 Thieme BookBuckup, K.The mainstay of orthopedic diagnosis continues to be the physical examination of the patient following a thorough history. This convenient pocketbook presents a comprehensive collection of the clinical tests that are used in orthopedic diagnosis, thereby answering the following questions: What tests are available for examining a particular joint, and how are they to be interpreted? What is meant by the name of a test that is mentioned in the literature or in a physician's report? The methodology and interpretation of all relevant test procedures are presented in almost 500 instructive drawings and brief descriptions: Initial tests, Functional tests, Stress tests, Stability tests. Tables on the examination of the spinal column, shoulder joint, and knee joint help in selecting the most suitable examinations. An invaluable aid for physical therapists, orthopedic surgeons, and primary care or emergency room physicians.
- 2007 SpringerMiller, Colin G.; Pearson, Derek.
- 2008 SpringerMiller, Colin G.; Reid, David M.
- 2009 SpringerSim, Franklin H.; Szendrői, Miklós.
- Combined scintigraphic and radiographic diagnosis of bone and joint diseases : including gamma correction interpretation. 4th, rev. and enl. ed.2013 SpringerPak, Yong-hwi.In this fourth edition of Combined Scintigraphic and Radiographic Diagnosis of Bone and Joint Diseases, the text has been thoroughly amended, updated, and partially rearranged to reflect the latest advances. In addition to discussing the role of pinhole imaging in the range of disorders previously covered, the new edition pays detailed attention to the novel diagnostic use of gamma correction pinhole bone scan in a broad spectrum of skeletal disorders, including physical, traumatic, and sports injuries, infectious and non-infectious bone diseases, benign and malignant bone tumors, and soft tissue diseases. A large number of state of the art pinhole scans and corroborative CT, MRI, and/or ultrasound images are presented side by side. The book has been enlarged to encompass various new topics, including occult fractures; cervical sprain and whiplash trauma; bone marrow edema; microfractures of trabeculae; evident, gaping, and stress fractures; and differential diagnosis. This new edition will be essential reading for practitioners and researchers in not only nuclear medicine but also radiology, orthopedic surgery, and pathology.
- 2015 SpringerDaniels, James M.1.Introduction -- 2.The Cervical Spine -- 3.The Shoulder -- 4.The Elbow -- 5.The Hand and Wrist -- 6.The Fingers -- 7.The Lumbosacral Spine -- 8.The Hip -- 9.The Knee -- 10.The Ankle -- 11.The Foot -- 12.Common Pediatric Musculoskeletal Problems -- 13.The Acutely Painful, Swollen Joint -- 14.Musculoskeletal Radiology -- 15.Splinting and Soft Tissue Issues -- 16.Pre-Participation Evaluation -- Appendix -- Index.
- 2010 SpringerDaniels, James M.; Hoffman, M. Rebecca.
- 2014 SpringerRodríguez-Merchán, E. C.This book provides up-to-date guidance on the diagnosis and treatment of the most important complex fractures of the limbs, including fractures of the proximal and distal humerus, fractures and dislocations of the elbow, fractures of the distal radius, pelvis, acetabulum, distal femur, proximal tibia, tibial pilon, calcaneus and osteoporotic knee fractures. The most complex articular fractures are analyzed, soft tissue coverage is reviewed, and the management of open fractures and nonunions is described and illustrated. Other chapters consider damage control management and immediate bone fixation in the polytrauma patient, skeletal reconstruction and rehabilitation of complex fractures of the limbs. The book offers guidance to orthopaedic surgeons on which treatment options afford the best preservation of fully functional joints around the fractured bone. With this goal in mind, the authors have developed strategies that can restore full articular function of the limbs in both the short and the long term. Complex Fractures of the Limbs will be an invaluable aid to orthopaedic surgeons in treating patients with this very common and important clinical problem.
- 2015 SpringerCurtin, Brian M.; Springer, Bryan D.Comprised exclusively of clinical cases covering complex primary and revision total knee arthroplasty, this concise, practical casebook will provide orthopedic surgeons with the best real-world strategies to properly manage the more complicated forms of knee replacement they may encounter. Each chapter is a case that opens with a unique clinical presentation, followed by a description of the diagnosis, assessment and management techniques used to treat it, as well as the case outcome and clinical pearls and pitfalls. Cases included illustrate different management strategies for primary knee arthroplasty, including the varus and valgus knee, flexion contracture and extra-articular deformity, as well as periprosthetic infection and revision total knee arthroplasty, including deficient extensor mechanism, periprosthetic femur fracture and ligamentous instability. Pragmatic and reader-friendly, Complex Primary and Revision Total Knee Arthroplasty: A Clinical Casebook will be an excellent resource for orthopedic surgeons confronted with a challenging knee joint replacement.
- Complications in knee and shoulder surgery : management and treatment options for the sports medicine orthopedist2009 SpringerHalbrecht, Jeffrey; Meislin, Robert J.
- 2014 SpringerRabischong, Pierre.Introduction -- Basic Notions on Mobility Function -- Introduction -- Components of Motor Apparatus -- Command and Control -- Spinal Functions -- Introduction -- Spinal Stabilization -- Cervical Spine and the Eye/Head Servomechanism -- Thoracic Spine and Respiratory Dynamics -- Thoracic Spine and Respiratory Dynamics -- Locomotion -- Introduction -- The Two Aspects of Locomotion -- Prehension -- Introduction -- Wrist/Hand Complex -- Humero-Radio-Ulnar Complex -- Cleido-Scapulo-Humeral Complex -- Conclusion -- Eye Mobility -- Introduction -- Three Specific Features Important to Understand -- Conclusion -- Facial Mimic -- Introduction -- Facial Superior Orbital Floor -- Facial Inferior Buccal Floor -- Masticatory Function -- Introduction -- Movements of TMJ -- Control of Mandibular Posture -- Speaking and Swallowing -- Introduction -- The Aero-Digestive Cross Way -- Swallowing -- Phonation -- Bladder and Rectum Incontinences -- Introduction -- Technical Problems and Solutions -- Command and Control -- Ejaculation and Orgasm -- Introduction -- Technical Problems af Copulation -- Motor Of Inference: The Orgasm -- Conclusions.
- 2011 ClinicalKeyYue, James J.This book provides all the state-of-the-art coverage you need on both operative and non-operative treatments for different clinical pathologies of the aging spine. Dr. James Yue and a team of talented, pioneering orthopedic surgeons and neurosurgeons cover hot topics like minimally invasive fusion, dynamic stabilization, state-of-the-art intraspinous and biologic devices, and more, in print. Master the very latest techniques and technologies through detailed step-by-step surgical instructions, tips, and pearls. Stay current on the state-of-the-art in intraspinous and biologic devices-such as Stent (Alphatec) and Optimesh Spineology; thoracic techniques-kyphoplasty, vertebroplasty, and spacers; and conservative treatment modalities-including injection therapies, acupuncture, and yoga. Make expert-guided decisions on techniques and device selection using the collective clinical experience of pioneering editors and contributors. Identify the advantages and disadvantages for the full range of available microsurgical and endoscopic techniques for management of cervical, thoracic, and lumbar spine pathology-minimally invasive fusion, reconstruction, decompression, and dynamic stabilization.
- Computational modelling of biomechanics and biotribology in the musculoskeletal system : biomaterials and tissues2014 ScienceDirectJin, Zhongmin.1. Fundamentals of computational modelling of biomechanics in the musculoskeletal system -- 2. Finite element modeling in the musculoskeletal system: generic overview -- 3. Joint wear simulation -- 4. Computational modeling of cell mechanics -- 5. Computational modeling of soft tissues and ligaments -- 6. Computatonal modeling of muscle biomechanics -- 7. Computational modelling of articular cartilage -- 8. Computational modeling of bone and bone remodeling -- 9. Modelling fracture processes in bones -- 10. Modelling fatigue of bone cement -- 11. Modelling fracture processes in orthopaedic implants -- 12. Modelling cementless cup fixation in total hip arthroplasty (THA) -- 13. Computational modeling of hip implants -- 14. Computational modelling of knee implants -- 15. Computational modelling of spinal implants -- 16. Finite element modelling of bone tissue scaffolds -- Index.
- 2013 SpringerHaaker, Rolf G.; Konermann, W.Computer-assisted surgery is a growing sub-discipline of orthopaedic surgery. This book offers a comprehensive presentation of scientific work and clinical experience including new technologies like individual templating in unicompartmental and total knee arthoplasty based on computer-assisted design technology. Computer-assisted surgery involves not only total knee and total hip arthroplasty, but also trauma, sports and revision surgery. In this edition we have added sections on 3D fluoroscopy-based spinal surgery as well as 3D fluoroscopy-based trauma surgery. Even in total hip surgery, navigation systems offer exciting new aspects, and the clinical benefit of navigation in total knee arthroplasties has now been demonstrated. We believe that this textbook will be of interest to those new to this specific field, while also providing an update for experienced users. An added benefit is the international character of this textbook, including experiences from Switzerland, Israel, the United States and the German-speaking countries.
- 2007 OvidWiggins, Chris E.General principles and philosophy -- Resources and strategy -- Common terms -- Combining multiple impairments -- General guidelines for impairment ratings -- Upper extremity -- Lower extremity -- Spine and pelvis -- Skin -- Complex regional pain syndrome, causalgia, reflex sympathetic dystrophy.
- 2014 SpringerRyan, James M.Conflict and Catastrophe Medicine: A Practical Guide 3e follows its successful predecessors in providing a framework for use by health professionals visiting a resource-constrained environment. Aimed at health professionals, Conflict and Catastrophe Medicine: A Practical Guide 3e encompasses problems brought about by local conflict or natural disasters. Itcovers preparation, organisation, logistics, treatment of major trauma and medical emergencies, and the special problems of delivering medicine in a hostile environment. This book will provide the reader with a mix of theory, opinion and practical advice to guide him through areas of conflicts, catastrophes and remote locations.
- 2015 SpringerLaub, Donald R.Written by leading experts in the fields of pediatrics, orthopedic surgery, and plastic and reconstructive hand surgery, Congenital Anomalies of the Upper Extremity encompasses the current knowledge of genetic and molecular causes of, and surgical and non-surgical treatment for, deformities of the hand. The book covers the many variations of congenital anomaly encountered in the clinical setting. Embryology, classification, incidence, and anesthesia considerations are discussed first, followed by physical medicine, rehabilitation and therapy management, including psychological considerations, for children living with these conditions. Failures of formation and differentiation of the fingers and hand plate, duplication, and overgrowth, as well as other generalized anomalies, are then presented in detail, including symbrachydactyly, syndactyly, Apert syndrome, polydactyly, amniotic band syndrome, and Madelung deformity, among others. Complete with plentiful photographs and illustrations to guide the clinician in preparing for and performing the necessary treatments, this is an essential book for hand surgeons, orthopedists and plastic surgeons.
- 2014 SpringerRayan, Ghazi M.; Upton, Joseph.Physicians often have only partial knowledge of common congenital hand and upper extremity anomalies and their associated syndromes. Surgeons typically find these syndromes to be abstruse, and congenital hand conditions can represent an enigma even to pediatric geneticists. This book is designed to serve as a practical, up-to-date reference that will enable practitioners and students in a variety of disciplines to easily recognize the most common congenital upper extremity anomalies and syndromes. In total, 37 congenital upper extremity anomalies and 127 syndromes are discussed. Salient and common presenting features are described in detail and illustrated with the aid of high-quality digital color photographs whenever possible. In addition, relevant background information is included on such aspects as prevalence, etiology, pathogenesis, and findings elsewhere in the body.
- 2014 SpringerHartofilakidis, George; Babis, George C.; Lampropoulou-Adamidou, Kalliopi.Congenital hip disease (CHD) is the main cause of secondary osteoarthritis (OA) of the hip in young adults, which accounts for almost 40% of all cases of hip OA. Total hip replacement (THR) performed using optimal techniques can achieve a radical improvement in the quality of life of adult patients. This book offers in-depth coverage of all aspects of CHD in adults and its treatment. Relevant information is first provided on the basic anatomy of the hip and OA of the hip and on the classification, epidemiology, and natural history of CHD. The now limited role of femoral and pelvic osteotomies is carefully evaluated, and the use of THR is then considered in detail. Indications and preoperative planning are discussed, and the available operative techniques, analyzed. Clear guidance is provided on overcoming major technical difficulties, and the benefits of particular approaches and techniques are highlighted. More than 180 images and numerous case studies complement this reader-friendly text. The book will be an invaluable tool for orthopedic surgeons, rheumatologists and radiologists.
- 2015 SpringerWilhelm, Albrecht.Tennis Elbow -- Golf Elbow -- Proximal Radial Compression Syndrome -- so-called coracoiditis -- Sudeck̀s Dystrophy.
- 2010 Thieme eNeurosurgeryEck, Jason C.; Vaccaro, Alexander R.
- 2011 SpringerVidalain, Jean-Pierre.History / Jean-Pierre Vidalain and Louis Setiey -- Basic Science / Tarik Aït Si Selmi, Jean-Marc Semay, Valéry Barbour, Michel-Henri Fessy and Michel Bonnin, et al. -- The Corail® Hip Stem / Steve Young, Markus C. Michel, Tarik Aït Si Selmi, Camdon Fary and Jean-Charles Rollier, et al. -- Corail® Outcomes / Scott Brumby -- The Corail Revision Family / Tim Board -- Part II. Approaches, Bearings, Cups and Direction: The ABC ... and D of Corail® -- Approaches / David Beverland -- Bearings / David Beverland -- Cups / David Beverland -- Direction / David Beverland -- Part III. Case Studies -- Case Studies: Pot-Pourri / Tarik Aït Si Selmi -- Part IV. The Next 25 Years -- Medico-Economic Considerations: Money Does Not Buy Happiness / Jens Boldt -- Educational Programme in Eastern Europe: The Russian Experience / Jens Boldt -- Educational Programme from Europe to Asia Pacific: Travelling the Seven Seas / Jens Boldt -- Erratum / Jean-Pierre Vidalain, Tarik Aït Si Selmi, David Beverland, Steve Young and Tim Board, et al.
- 2010 SpringerHardt, Nicolas; Kuttenberger, Johannes.
- 2007Cook, Robin.Angela Dawson, M.D., appears to have it all: at the age of thirty-seven, she owns a fabulous New York City apartment, a stunning seaside house on Nantucket, and enjoys the perks of her prosperous lifestyle. But her climb to the top was rough, marked by a troubled childhood, a failed marriage, and the devastating blow of bankruptcy as a primary-care internist. Painfully aware of the role of economics in modern life, particularly in the health-care field, Angela returned to school to earn an MBA. Armed with a shiny new degree and blessed with determination, intelligence, and impeccable timing, Angela founded a start-up company, Angels Healthcare, then took it public. With her controlling interest in three busy specialty hospitals in New York City and plans for others in Miami and Los Angeles, Angela's future looked very bright.Then a surge of drug-resistant staph infections in all three hospitals devastates Angela's carefully constructed world. Not only do the infections result in patient deaths, but the fatalities also cause stock prices to tumble, leaving market analysts wondering if Angela will be able to hold her empire together. New York City medical examiners Laurie Montgomery and Jack Stapleton are naturally intrigued by the uptick in staph-related post-procedure deaths. Aside from their own professional curiosity, there's a personal stake as well: Laurie and Jack are newly married, and Jack is facing surgery to repair a torn ligament at Angels Orthopedic Hospital. Despite Jack's protests, Laurie can't help investigating-opening a Pandora's box of corporate intrigue that threatens not just her livelihood, but her life with Jack as well. Danger in the Hospital! MRSA strikes multiple hospitals-- in Robin Cook's new novel, Critical. This tightly written medical thriller interweaves drug resistance, cross infection, and the perils of postoperative complications in standalone surgicenters. It also juxtaposes the perspective of an orthopedic patient/physician with the business interests of a physician/entrepreneur.
- 2013 Future MedFehlings, Michael.Critical care in spinal cord injury / Michael G. Fehlings -- Epidemiology of traumatic and nontraumatic spinal cord injury / Vanessa K. Noonan, Marcel F. Dvorak & Michael G. Fehlings -- Novel insights into pathophysiology and emerging therapeutic opportunities / Nicole Forgione & Michael G. Fehlings -- Imaging evaluation of the injured spinal column and spinal cord / David W. Cadotte, David Mikulis & Michael G. Fehlings -- Acute spinal cord injury : clinical evaluation, diagnosis and classification / W. Bradley Jacobs & Rita Nguyen -- Nonoperative management of acute spinal cord injury / Steven Kirshblum, Monifa Brooks, Jeremiah Nieves & Peter Yonclas -- Surgery for acute spinal cord injury / Ravichandra A. Madineni, Angud Mehdi & James S. Harrop -- Principles of spinal cord rehabilitation / Michelle L. Starkey, Markus Wirz, Thomas M. Kessler & Armin Curt -- Prognosis for spinal cord injury / Fin Biering-Sørensen & Ralph Marino -- Emerging therapies for traumatic spinal cord injury / Newton Cho & Anick Nater -- Index.
- 2014 SpringerKleinerman, Eugenie."Current Advances in Osteosarcoma summarizes molecular and genetic characteristics, new therapeutic ideas, and biological characteristics that have been uncovered in this field over the past 10 years. Osteosarcoma is an aggressive malignant neoplasm and is the most common histological form of bone cancer. Osteosarcoma accounts for approximately 56% of new bone tumors, making it the most primary malignant bone tumor in children and adolescents. The lungs are the most common site of metastases and once osteosarcoma spreads to the lungs, it is very difficult to treat. In order to improve the outcome of this disease, the biology of osteosarcoma needs to be better understood. There are numerous investigators around the world who have made seminal discoveries about the important molecular pathways and genetic alterations that contribute to the development and metastases of osteosarcoma. Other investigators have proposed novel therapeutic strategies including some based on the molecular and genetic phenotype of the disease. This volume will provide a comprehensive review of these new discoveries in one singular text, which will help move the field forward."Also available: Print – 2014
- 2014 (5th ed.). AccessMedicineSkinner, Harry B.Also available: Print – 1995-<2014>
- 2010 SpringerGiannoudis, Peter V.; Pape, Hans-Christoph; Peitzman, Andrew B.; Schwab, C. William.
- 2011 Thieme eNeurosurgeryFessler, Richard G.; Sandhu, Faheem A.; Voyadzis, Jean-Marc."The art and science of spinal surgery has been in constant evolution since the early middle ages. The majority of advances, however, have occurred after World War II with the advent of antibiotics, better imaging, improved diagnostic methods, and surgical care. In the past five to ten years, a greater understanding of spinal anatomy and the development of more sophisticated radiological imaging and instrumentation have further illuminated what is possible in spinal care. Decision Making in Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery adds to the historical continuum by compiling a collection of chapters that define why a minimally invasive approach should be chosen and how to perform such a procedure, written by authors who have established themselves as experts in the field"--Provided by publisher.
- 2013 Thieme eNeurosurgeryAnderson, D. Greg; Vaccaro, Alexander R."Decision Making in Spinal Care, 2nd Edition presents current management strategies for the most common spine problems, including trauma injuries, metabolic and degenerative diseases, and spinal deformities. Each chapter opens with a concise introduction to the topic and discussion of the classification of the injury, condition, or management approach. The authors then describe the diagnostic workup of the patient, the treatment options available, the likely outcome, and possible complications. Chapters also include useful decision making algorithms"--Provided by publisher.
- 2014 SpringerMullaji, Arun B.; Shetty, Gautam M."With rapid advancement in technology and materials in total knee arthroplasty (TKA), long-term survival and function of the total knee is now more and more dependent on restoring accurate limb alignment, precise component position and optimum soft-tissue balance. Proper technique is key to ensuring this and is all the more crucial and challenging to achieve in arthritic knees with severe and complex deformities. Correction of such knee deformities forms an important part of TKA for orthopedic surgeons working in both emerging and developed nations. Deformity Correction in Total Knee Arthroplasty fills the void that exists in treating severe and complex knee deformities and the use of computer-navigation in TKA. It covers the principles of deformity correction and soft-tissue balancing in primary TKA in an illustrative, step-wise and algorithmic fashion. Starting with the initial key step of preoperative planning, this book goes on to specifically describe how to deal with different types of deformities encountered in patients who undergo TKA - varus, valgus, flexion, hypertension, rotational and extra-articular deformities - as well as the stiff knee, the unstable knee, osteotomies in primary TKA and postoperative pain management and rehabilitation. This focused how-to manual includes plentiful images and clear, concise text from authors who have performed thousands of TKAs, making it a must-have reference for any surgeon unfamiliar or frequently confronted with this type of procedure."--Publisher's website.
- DeLee, Drez and Miller's orthopaedic sports medicine : principles and practice. Fourth edition [4th ed.]2014 MD Consult2014 ClinicalKeyMiller, Mark D.; Thompson, Stephen R.The revised DeLee & Drez's Orthopaedic Sports Medicine covers the surgical, medical, and rehabilitation/injury prevention topics related to athletic injuries and chronic conditions with coverage of both pediatric and aging athletes; important non-orthopaedic conditions involved in the management of the athlete; rapidly evolving techniques; and sports-related fractures. It aids in understanding rehabilitation and other therapeutic modalities in the context of return to play. It also covers arthroscopic techniques, including ACL reconstruction, allograft cartilage transplantation, rotator cuff repair, and complications in athletes, as well as injury prevention, nutrition, pharmacology, and psychology in sports.
- Determination of human articular cartilage condition using magnetic resonance imaging, creep indentation testing and biochemistry2011Keenan, Kathryn E.; Beaupré, Gary Scott; Delp, Scott; Gold, Garry E.PrintLane Catalog RecordHuman articular cartilage can degrade, losing functional quality and eventually exposing bone surfaces; when significantly advanced, this cartilage degradation can be diagnosed as osteoarthritis (OA). Currently, knee OA can be diagnosed only when the disease is advanced and the patient is suffering from pain. There is no cure for knee OA, nor are there prevent preventative therapies; current treatment strategies relieve the pain of OA or completely replace the knee joint. To evaluate potential therapies and treatments, we need a method that can identify and measure changes to cartilage prior to the onset of degradation. Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) is a potentially powerful tool to non-invasively evaluate the progression of knee OA by mapping MR image parameters to molecular and material properties that are known to change with disease. The goal of this dissertation was to determine MR image parameters that can be used to evaluate the progression of OA. We examined the biphasic and viscoelastic models of cartilage to determine cartilage material properties from indentation creep tests. We compared initial elastic modulus and cartilage macromolecules to MRI parameters, specifically T2 and T1rho relaxation times and T1rho dispersion. We determined that a predictive model based on T1rho relaxation time maps, which accounts for T2 relaxation time and the effects of age, may estimate longitudinal trends in GAG content in the same person. In addition, a simple T1rho dispersion estimate has the potential for substantial clinical impact by measuring changes in cartilage initial elastic modulus and macromolecules non-invasively. This work is an important step toward developing clinical methods for evaluating cartilage functional condition, and in turn, to advance work towards preventing and treating knee OA.
- 2014 SpringerEmans, Pieter J.; Peterson, Lars.This book reviews the current basic and clinical research into the mechanisms of cartilage injury and its management. It illustrates the considerable progress made in the search for solutions to cartilage related problems. Developing Insights in Cartilage Repair describes fundamental research and the use of biomaterials, bioreactors, and imaging as part of existing cartilage repair strategies, while revealing the on-going trends for emerging techniques. The aim of the Editors and their team of authorities in cartilage medicine has been to provide a link between laboratory work and the daily treatment of patients in a clinical setting. This book reveals the highly multidisciplinary nature of the topic and it will thus not only be of considerable interest to a large proportion of the orthopaedic community, but also any discipline in which cartilaginous tissue is involved, including otorhinolaryngology and plastic surgery.
- 2015 SpringerAaron, Roy K.Health Care Organization and its Impact on Care of Diseases of the Hip -- Prevalence and Societal Burden of Hip Osteoarthritis -- Metabolic Syndrome, Obesity, and Osteoarthritis -- Biomechanical Considerations in Arthritis of the Hip -- Gait Pathomechanics in Hip Disease -- Femoroacetabular Impingement -- Osteonecrosis -- Osteoporosis and Hip Fractures -- Preoperative Management of Paget's Disease -- Metabolic Bone Disease Following Organ Transplantation -- Options for Primary Hip Arthroplasty -- Hip Sepsis and the Prevention of Perioperative Infections -- Venous Thromboembolism in Total Hip Arthroplasty.
- 2012 ClinicalKeyKapural, Leonardo; Kim, Philip.Epidemiology and Etiology of Discogenic Pain: How Big Is the Problem? -- Establishing the Diagnosis of Discogenic Back Pain: An Evidence-Based Algorithmic Approach -- Imaging for Discogenic Pain -- Provocation Discography -- Analgesic Discography -- Discogenic Pain: Intradiscal Therapeutic Injections and Use of Intradiscal Biologic Agents -- Radiofrequency and Other Heat Applications for the Treatment of Discogenic Pain -- Arthrodesis and Fusion for the Treatment of Discogenic Neck and Back Pain: Evidence-Based Effectiveness and Controversies -- Nucleus Pulposus Replacement and Motion-Sparing Technologies -- Cervical and Thoracic Discogenic Pain: Therapeutic Nonsurgical Options -- Disc Herniations: Injections and Minimally Invasive Techniques -- Current Surgical Options for Intervertebral Disc Herniation in the Cervical and Lumbar Spine -- Neuromodulation and Intrathecal Therapies for the Treatment of Chronic Radiculopathy Related to Intractable Discogenic Pain.
- 2010 SpringerBonakdar-Pour, Akbar; Khurana, Jasvir S.; Reinus, William R.Bone Structure and Function / Fayez F. Safadi and Jasvir S. Khurana -- Systematic Approach to Metabolic Diseases of Bone / Akbar Bonakdarpour -- Systematic Approach to Radiology of Endocrine Disorders Affecting the Musculoskeletal System / Akbar Bonakdarpour and Colleen Veloski -- Circulatory Diseases of Bone and Adjacent Soft Tissues / Wilfred C.G. Peh and Seoung-Oh Yang -- Imaging Approach to Musculoskeletal Trauma / William R. Reinus -- Imaging and Understanding Fracture Fixation / Bahman Rafiee -- Systematic Approach to Tumors and Focal Lesions of Bone / Shigeru Ehara and Jasvir S. Khurana -- Systematic Approach to Tumors and Tumor-Like Conditions of Soft Tissue / Theodore T. Miller, Carolyn M. Sofka, Paul Zhang and Jasvir S. Khurana -- Imaging Approach to Hemoglobinopathies / Avneesh Chhabra and William R. Reinus -- Imaging Approach to Musculoskeletal Infections / William R. Reinus -- Systematic Approach to Arthropathies / William R. Reinus -- Imaging of Prostheses / Sayed Ali and William R. Reinus -- Systematic Approach to Skeletal Dysplasias with Emphasis on Non-lethal Disorders / Akbar Bonakdarpour -- Interventional Procedures in Musculoskeletal Radiology / Jamshid Tehranzadeh, Scott Seibert and Afshin Gangi.
- 2008 Thieme BookLanz, Ulrich; Schmitt, Rainer.With its complex anatomy and specialized biomechanics, the human hand has always presented physicians with a unique challenge when it comes to diagnosing and treating the diseases that afflict it. And while recent decades have seen a rapid increase in the number of therapeutic options, many diseases and injuries of the hand are still commonly misinterpreted. In this book, an interdisciplinary team, comprising specialists in radiology, surgery, and rheumatology, presents a comprehensive, reliable guide to this topographically intricate area. Highlights include: More than 1,000 high-quality illustrations; state-of-the-art imaging modalities -- including multiline spiral CR, with 2D displays and 3D reconstructions, and contrast -- enhanced MRI with multi-channel, phased-array coils; an overview of all currently used methods of examination; a detailed presentation of the anatomic and functional foundations necessary for diagnosis; full coverage of all disorders of the hand; and systematic treatment of each disease's definition, pathogenesis, and clinical symptoms, according to a graduated diagnostic plan.
- 2012 CRCnetBASEAnderson, John J. B.; Garner, Sanford C.; Klemmer, Philip J."Presenting recent advancements in research findings and the resulting new schools of thought on the physiology of human bone, this comprehensive reference examines information on dietary pattern and specific nutrients in bone health. Written by experts in the areas of nutrition, bone function, and medicine, chapters include research on a variety of bone-related topics including effects of vitamins, nutrients, and antioxidants; dietary requirements; physical exercise; bone hormones; lifestyle and effects through the life cycle; race and ethnicity; and prevention of bone diseases including osteopenia and osteoporosis"-- Provided by publisher.
- 2007 OvidGreenspan, Adam; Jundt, Gernot; Remagen, Wolfgang.Radiologic and pathologic approach to bone tumors -- Bone-forming (osteogenic) lesions -- Cartilage (chondrogenic) lesions -- Fibrogenic, fibroosseous, and fibrohistiocytic lesions -- Round cell lesions -- Vascular lesions -- Miscellaneous tumors and tumor-like lesions -- Metastases -- Tumors and tumor-like lesions of the joints.
- 2015 SpringerHattingen, Elke.Spinal cord imaging has significantly benefited from new MR imaging methods such as cardiac-gated diffusion-weighted imaging, diffusion tensor imaging with fiber tracking, and time-resolved MR angiography. Recent decades have also witnessed fundamental progress in understanding of the pathophysiology of vascular, metabolic, and inflammatory spinal cord diseases. Furthermore, neurosurgical procedures and endovascular treatments of spinal cord diseases have been improved and perfected to avoid severe neurological sequelae. This textbook provides an interdisciplinary overview of the new imaging modalities, identifies clues for MR imaging diagnosis and differential diagnosis, and describes the anatomical background required to understand spinal cord diseases. Important neurological symptoms are highlighted, and modern treatment options for different diseases are fully explained and discussed. High-quality illustrations, including numerous images, are provided for all important spinal cord diseases, documenting relevant anatomical details, special MR imaging methods, differential diagnoses, and possible treatment procedures.
- 2015 SpringerFleming, Andrew N. M.; Trail, Ian.This book comes at a time when significant advances in the understanding of hand disorders have resulted in vast improvements in the quality of life for patients. It describes the techniques and practices for the diagnosis and treatment of various disorders of the hand and wrist. Each condition is discussed in detail and illustrated with images, radiographs and line drawings. Clinical pearls are provided for every chapter to provide practical guidance on surgical procedures. Disorders of the Hand contains contributions from many of the hand surgeons who are at the forefront of this evolving area in the management of both elective and trauma hand surgery. This volume and its three sister volumes aim to improve care for current patients with hand and wrist complaints, while inspiring surgeons to think in greater detail about treatment options that will provide even better care in the future.
- AAOS Atlas of orthoses and assistive devices. 4th ed. — Disorders of the hand. Volume 1, Hand injuries (165)
- Disorders of the hand. Volume 2, Hand reconstruction and nerve compression — Magnetic resonance imaging of the skeletal musculature (165)
- Malignant pediatric bone tumors : treatment & management — Post-traumatic arthritis : pathogenesis, diagnosis and management (165)
- Practical guide to neck dissection : focusing on the larynx. Second edition. [2nd ed.] — Young adult hip in sport (162)
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Access restricted to Stanford community
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
Can't find it?
Look if we have it in print
- Springer Protocols
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
A repository of medical knowledge from internal medicine, cardiology, genetics, pharmacy, diagnosis and management, basic sciences, patient care, and more.
Continuously expanding, all databases in the repository contain the latest editions of selected medical titles.MicroMedex: Premier pharmaceutical information source containing multiple databases and drug reference tools. Of particular value is DRUGDEX Evaluations, one of the most comprehensive drug sources available.DynaMed is a clinical information resource used by physicians to answer clinical questions quickly and easily at the point of care. Topics are updated daily as new evidence becomes available.Scopus is the largest abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature: scientific journals, books and conference proceedings.A drug information resource containing: American Hospital Formulary System (AHFS), drug formulary for Lucile Packard Children's Hospital (LPCH) and Stanford Hospital & Clinics (SHC), Lexi-Drugs (adverse reactions, dosage and administration, mechanism of action, storage, use, and administration information), Lexi-Calc, Lexi-ID, Lexi-I.V. Compatibility (King Guide), Lexi-Interact, and Lexi-PALS.Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature (CINAHL) contains coverage of nursing and allied health literature.A knowledge database that provides access to topic reviews based on over 6000 clinically relevant articles. The evidence-based content, updated regularly, provides the latest practice guidelines in 59 medical specialtiesProvides critical assessments of systematic reviews compiled from a variety of medical journals.Selects from the biomedical literature original studies and systematic reviews that are immediately clinically relevant and then summarizes these articles in an enhanced abstract with expert commentary.
Multidisciplinary coverage of over 10,000 high-impact journals in the sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities, as well as international proceedings coverage for over 120,000 conferences.
Includes cited reference searching, citation maps, and an analyze tool.
Features systematic reviews that summarize the effects of interventions and makes a determination whether the intervention is efficacious or not.
Cochrane reviews are created through a strict process of compiling and analyzing data from multiple randomized control trials to ensure comprehensiveness and reliability.Provides systematic coverage of the psychological literature from the 1800s to the present through articles, book chapters and dissertations.BMJ Clinical Evidence. A clinical information tool built around systematic reviews summarizing the current state of knowledge about prevention and treatment of clinical conditions.PIER (Physicians' Information and Education Resource) is a Web-based decision-support tool designed for rapid point-of-care delivery of up-to-date, evidence-based guidance for primary care physicians.Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials (CENTRAL) provides access to 300,000 controlled trials that have been identified the Cochrane Collaboration.Provides drug information targeted for patients.A continually updating drug monograph.The National Guideline Clearinghouse (NGC): A comprehensive database of evidence-based clinical practice guidelines and related documents.MedlinePlus: A repository of health information from the National Library of Medicine. Links are from trusted sites. No advertising, no endorsement of commercial companies or productsLPCH CareNotes via MicroMedex: Patient education handouts customized by LPCH clinical staffMicromedex Lab Advisor: Evidence based laboratory test informationA drug database organized by generic name, trade name and drug class.LPCH / Stanford Hospital Formulary.A goldmine of trusted consumer health information from the world's largest medical library.A trusted source of expert advice for and about kids, providing the information necessary to help patients and parents understand their unique needs.Provides patient handouts from the American Academy of Family Physician.Access to the Stanford Health Library for patients.Lane provides access to over 5,000 eBooks many of which provide helpful background material that will prepare you to better tackle primary literature.
Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities.
In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.A collection of biomedical books that can be searched directly by concept, and linked to terms in PubMed abstracts.
A web-based, decision support system for infectious diseases, epidemiology, microbiology and antimicrobial chemotherapy. The database, updated weekly, currently includes 337 diseases, 224 countries, 1,147 microbial taxa and 306 antibacterial (-fungal, -parasitic, -viral) agents and vaccines.
Over 10,000 notes outline the status of specific infections within each country.
Provides online, full-text access to Springer's journal titles as well as journals from other publishers.
Subjects include: life sciences, chemical sciences, environmental sciences, geosciences, computer science, mathematics, medicine, physics and astronomy, engineering and economics. Also includes eBooks.Collection of over 8 thousand fulltext titles in engineering, math, and basic and applied biomedical research. Coverage is from 1967 to the present.A library of ebooks on a wide array of topics, digitized and made available online in conjunction with the original publishers.