Books by Subject
- Advanced operative dentistry a practical approach 2011ScienceDirectManagement of dental caries / David Ricketts, Graham Chadwick and Andrew Hall -- Periodontal disease / Angela Gilbert -- Endodontic problems in advanced operative dentistry / William Saunders -- Tooth wear / David Bartlett -- Aesthetic problems / David Bartlett -- Occlusion / David Ricketts -- Cores / Carol Tait and David Rickett -- Gold crowns / John Radford, Brian Stevenson -- Gold restorations / Graham Chadwick, John Radford and David Ricketts -- Metal ceramic crowns / Brian Stevenson -- All ceramic crowns / Andrew Hal and Graham Chadwick -- Inlays, onlays, and veneers / David Bartlett and David Ricketts -- Impression materials and techniques / David Ricketts -- Provisional restorations / John Radford and David Ricketts -- Getting the appearance correct / Brian Stevenson -- Complex multiple fixed and combined fixed and removable prosthodontics / David Bartlett and David Ricketts -- When and how to replace missing teeth / David Ricketts -- Minimal preparation (resin retained) bridges / David Ricketts -- Conventional bridges / David Bartlett and David Ricketts.
- This book describes a new method of alveolar distraction osteogenesis that offers important advantages and can be used for the treatment of various orthopedic abnormalities and congenital malformations. Detailed guidance is provided on selection of patients suitable for alveolar distraction, including those with cleft lip and palate, skeletal class II malocclusions, and cystic lesions involving the alveolus. All aspects of treatment using the ArchWise distraction appliance are then covered, including technical preparation, surgical set-up and osteotomies, docking site surgery, orthodontic finishing, implant placement, and prosthetic restorations. Relevant information is also included on the principles of distraction osteogenesis and bone histology and quality after the procedure. The book concludes with helpful case presentations covering different scenarios in which ArchWise distraction of alveolar bone is appropriate.
- Concise guide to endodontic procedures 2015SpringerThis clinical guide is a concise up-to-date resource that covers a wide range of endodontic procedures, including non-surgical root canal therapy, surgical root canal therapy, trauma care and the management of fractured teeth, apexification, apexogenesis, revascularization, regeneration, Cvek partial pulpotomy, root canal retreatment, and periapical surgery. The provision of numerous flowcharts, checklists, and advice on error avoidance for each procedure will assist in decision-making in daily practice. Scientific and clinical evidence regarding the use and efficacy of the different forms of treatment is summarized, and helpful information is also presented on instrumentation. The inclusion of exam questions will assist those preparing for endodontic examinations. A Primer on Endodontic Treatment will be of value for dental students, residents in training to become endodontists, endodontists, pediatric dentists, and established dentists.
- Current therapy in orthodontics. 1st ed. 2010ClinicalKeyThis titles addresses the evolving science of orthodontics as it relates to optimal patient therapy and care. Topics covered include diagnosis and treatment planning, the management of sagittal and vertical discrepancies, the management of adult and complex cases, and the application of biomedicine in orthodontic treatment.
- Iatrogenic effects of orthodontic treatment decision-making in prevention, diagnosis, and treatment 2015SpringerPREVENTION OF WHITE SPOT LESIONS (WSLs): Background: Incidence & Prevalence -- Detection -- Treatment -- Prevention -- Clinical Recommendations. MAINTENANCE OF PERIODONTAL HEALTH AND PREVENTION OF PERIODONTAL DETERIORATION: Extraction vs. non-extraction treatment -- Functional appliances vs. headgear -- Diagnosis and treatment of anterior open bite -- The importance of chin projection -- Stability and Post-treatment retention -- Clinical Recommendations. PREVENTION OF EXTERNAL APICAL ROOT RESORPTION (EARR): Etiologic Factors -- Controversies -- Genetic predisposition -- Evidence -- Root-Sparing Treatment Strategies -- Clinical recommendations.
- Dentists are routinely faced with a huge choice of implant systems from different manufacturers, each of whom claims that its own particular system has advantages over the others. There is consequently a need for an evidence-based review of the field that offers authoritative practical guidance for dental practitioners. Oral and Cranial Implants: Recent Research Developments has been written with this in mind. It brings together all the recent key developments in implant research and discusses the underlying science relating to implant procedures and failures.
- Orofacial pain a clinician's guide 2014Springer1. The Neurobiology of Orofacial Pain -- 2. Oral Health Related Quality of Life and Facial Pain -- 3. Classification and Epidemiology of Orofacial Pain -- 4. Nociceptive Chemical Mediators In Oral Inflammation -- 5. Dental Sleep Medicine and the Use of Oral Devices -- 6. Local Anesthesia in the Orofacial Region -- 7. Analgesics and adjuvants for the management of orofacial pain across age groups -- 8. Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy in Pain Management -- 9. Management of Oral Ulcers and Burning Mouth Syndrome -- 10. Hypnosis and Biofeedback for Orofacial Pain Management -- 11. Headaches, Migraine and Cluster Headache -- 12. Management of Orofacial Neuropathic Pain -- 13. Preemptive Analgesia and Multimodal Pain Management for Temporomandibular Total Joint Replacement Surgery.
- Orofacial pain : a challenge and chance (not only) for dentistry / Turp, J.C., Hugger, A., Sommer, C. -- Characteristics of muscle nociception / Mense, S. -- Nociceptors of the joint with particular reference to silent nociceptors / Schaible, H.-G. -- Inflammatory mediators in temporomandibular joint pain / Kopp, S., Sommer, C. -- The role of reproductive hormones in orofacial pain / LeResche, L. -- Pathophysiology of orofacial pain / Sessle, B. -- Dental pain : pathophysiology and management / Khan, A.A., Hargreaves, K.M. -- Myofascial temporomandibular disorder pain : pathophysiology and management / Schindler, H.J., Svensson, P. -- Painful arthrogenous temporomandibular disorders : pathophysiology, diagnosis, management and prognosis / Steenks, M.H., Hugger, A., de Wijer, A. -- Neuralgic and idiopathic facial pain : pathophysiology and management / Sommer, C. -- Burning mouth syndrome : pathophysiology and management / Zakrzewska, J., Renton, T. -- Psychosocial impact of orofacial Pain / Dworkin, S.F. -- A rationale for the classification of orofacial pain / Woda, A. -- Orofacial pain: past and future / Greene, C.S. -- The end of an era: orofacial pain enters the genomic age : implications and opportunities for research and the care of patients / Stohler, C.S.
- The orthodontic literature includes many articles on basic science and engineering research techniques, but clinicians are typically unfamiliar with the principles underlying these techniques and may also lack the background knowledge required for a full appreciation of their role. This book comprehensively reviews a wide array of the research methods most frequently encountered in the literature, encompassing the areas of materials science and clinical and biological research. The various methods and techniques are carefully described, and their indications and limitations are explained. All of the information is up to date, reflecting latest developments.For practicing professionals, Research Methods in Orthodontics will be an ideal introduction to instrumental analysis and basic science research methods in the field. It will also serve as an excellent reference guide for researchers. By familiarizing orthodontists with the basics of research methods, the book will boost their ability to keep pace with developments in treatment approaches, materials, and techniques and assist in the transfer of relevant future findings into practice.
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Access restricted to Stanford community
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
Can't find it?
Look if we have it in print
- Springer Protocols
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
A repository of medical knowledge from internal medicine, cardiology, genetics, pharmacy, diagnosis and management, basic sciences, patient care, and more. Continuously expanding, all databases in the repository contain the latest editions of selected medical titles.MicroMedex: Premier pharmaceutical information source containing multiple databases and drug reference tools. Of particular value is DRUGDEX Evaluations, one of the most comprehensive drug sources available.DynaMed is a clinical information resource used by physicians to answer clinical questions quickly and easily at the point of care. Topics are updated daily as new evidence becomes available. Scopus is the largest abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature: scientific journals, books and conference proceedings.A drug information resource containing: American Hospital Formulary System (AHFS), drug formulary for Lucile Packard Children's Hospital (LPCH) and Stanford Hospital & Clinics (SHC), Lexi-Drugs (adverse reactions, dosage and administration, mechanism of action, storage, use, and administration information), Lexi-Calc, Lexi-ID, Lexi-I.V. Compatibility (King Guide), Lexi-Interact, and Lexi-PALS.Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature (CINAHL) contains coverage of nursing and allied health literature.A knowledge database that provides access to topic reviews based on over 6000 clinically relevant articles. The evidence-based content, updated regularly, provides the latest practice guidelines in 59 medical specialtiesProvides critical assessments of systematic reviews compiled from a variety of medical journals.Selects from the biomedical literature original studies and systematic reviews that are immediately clinically relevant and then summarizes these articles in an enhanced abstract with expert commentary.Multidisciplinary coverage of over 10,000 high-impact journals in the sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities, as well as international proceedings coverage for over 120,000 conferences. Includes cited reference searching, citation maps, and an analyze tool.Features systematic reviews that summarize the effects of interventions and makes a determination whether the intervention is efficacious or not. Cochrane reviews are created through a strict process of compiling and analyzing data from multiple randomized control trials to ensure comprehensiveness and reliability.Provides systematic coverage of the psychological literature from the 1800s to the present through articles, book chapters and dissertations.BMJ Clinical Evidence. A clinical information tool built around systematic reviews summarizing the current state of knowledge about prevention and treatment of clinical conditions.PIER (Physicians' Information and Education Resource) is a Web-based decision-support tool designed for rapid point-of-care delivery of up-to-date, evidence-based guidance for primary care physicians.Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials (CENTRAL) provides access to 300,000 controlled trials that have been identified the Cochrane Collaboration.Provides drug information targeted for patients.A continually updating drug monograph.The National Guideline Clearinghouse (NGC): A comprehensive database of evidence-based clinical practice guidelines and related documents.MedlinePlus: A repository of health information from the National Library of Medicine. Links are from trusted sites. No advertising, no endorsement of commercial companies or productsLPCH CareNotes via MicroMedex: Patient education handouts customized by LPCH clinical staffMicromedex Lab Advisor: Evidence based laboratory test informationA drug database organized by generic name, trade name and drug class.LPCH / Stanford Hospital Formulary.A goldmine of trusted consumer health information from the world's largest medical library.A trusted source of expert advice for and about kids, providing the information necessary to help patients and parents understand their unique needs.Provides patient handouts from the American Academy of Family Physician.Access to the Stanford Health Library for patients.Lane provides access to over 5,000 eBooks many of which provide helpful background material that will prepare you to better tackle primary literature.Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.A collection of biomedical books that can be searched directly by concept, and linked to terms in PubMed abstracts.A web-based, decision support system for infectious diseases, epidemiology, microbiology and antimicrobial chemotherapy. The database, updated weekly, currently includes 337 diseases, 224 countries, 1,147 microbial taxa and 306 antibacterial (-fungal, -parasitic, -viral) agents and vaccines. Over 10,000 notes outline the status of specific infections within each country.
Large number of high quality software and database programming titles from O'Reilly. Other software titles are also available from Sams and Prentice Hall. Limited to 7 concurrent users.Vast collection of software and database programming titles from multiple publishers, including Microsoft Press.Largest provider of engineering-related eBooks; includes titles in computer science and biomedical engineering.Over 4,000 full-text e-books covering scientific and technical information from CRC Press and others. Many handbooks and single volume reference sources.Includes peer-reviewed life science and biomedical research protocols compiled from Methods in Molecular Biology, Methods in Molecular Medicine, Methods in Biotechnology, Methods in Pharmacology and Toxicology, Neuromethods, the Biomethods Handbook, the Proteomics Handbook, and Springer Laboratory Manuals.Contains full text access to selected biomedical and nursing books.Provides online, full-text access to Springer's journal titles as well as journals from other publishers. Subjects include: life sciences, chemical sciences, environmental sciences, geosciences, computer science, mathematics, medicine, physics and astronomy, engineering and economics. Also includes eBooks.Collection of over 8 thousand fulltext titles in engineering, math, and basic and applied biomedical research. Coverage is from 1967 to the present.A library of ebooks on a wide array of topics, digitized and made available online in conjunction with the original publishers.