Books by Subject
- 1,3-Butadiene, ethylene oxide and vin...
- — Controversies in the treatment of lun...
- Controversies in the treatment of pro...
- — Integrative pediatric oncology .........
- Interstitial prostate brachytherapy ....
- — Physical activity, dietary calorie re...
- Physics of modern brachytherapy for o...
- — Yeast as tool in cancer research .......
- 1,3-Butadiene, ethylene oxide and vinyl halides (vinyl fluoride, vinyl chloride and vinyl bromide) 2008, IARC
- Introduction /M. Alma Rodriguez --History of MD Anderson's tumor registry /Sarah H. Taylor --Statistical methods /Geoffrey G. Giacco, Sarah H. Taylor and Kenneth R. Hess --Breast cancer /Aman U. Buzdar ... [et al.] --Prostate cancer /Deborah A. Kuban ... [et al.] --Non-small cell lung cancer /Ritsuko Komaki, Anne S. Tsao, and Reza J. Mehran --Small cell lung cancer /Frank V. Fossella --Colon cancer /Cathy Eng, Patrick Lynch, and John Skibber --Ovarian cancer /Robert L. Coleman and David M. Gershenson --Cervical cancer /Patricia J. Eifel and Charles Levenback --Endometrial cancer /Thomas Burke ... [et al.] --Pancreatic cancer (exocrine) /Jason Fleming ... [et al.] --Kidney cancer /Scott E. Delacroix Jr. ... [et al.] --Bladder cancer /Robert S. Svatek ... [et al.] --Cutaneous melanoma /Jeffrey E. Gershenwald, Geoffrey G. Giacco, and Jeffrey E. Lee --Liver cancer /Evan S. Glazer and Steven A. Curley --Esophageal cancer /Linus Ho ... [et al.] --Gastric cancer /Alexandria T. Phan and Paul F. Mansfield --Acute myeloid leukemia /Emil J. Freireich --Chronic lymphocytic leukemia/small lymphocytic lymphoma /Apostolia-Maria Tsimberidou and Michael J. Keating --Hodgkin lymphoma /Michelle Fanale ... [et al.] --Non-hodgkin indolent B-cell lymphoma /Sattva S. Neelapu --Non-hodgkin aggressive B-cell lymphoma /M. Alma Rodriguez --Multiple myeloma /Donna Weber and Raymond Alexanian --Head and neck cancer /Ehab Hanna ... [et al.] --Thyroid cancer /Steven I. Sherman, Nancy Perrier, and Gary L. Clayman --Soft tissue sarcomas /Vinod Ravi, Raphael Pollock, and Shreyaskumar R. Patel --Sarcomas of bone /Valerae Lewis.
- AACR Education book HighWire, Latest ed. only
- Print Material
- Abeloff's Clinical oncology. Fifth edition [5th ed.] 2014, MD Consult
- Accelerated partial breast irradiation 2006., Springer
- Accelerated partial breast irradiation. 2nd ed. 2009, Springer
- Active surveillance for localized prostate cancer 2012, Springer
- Acute myelogenous leukemia 2010, Springer
- Acute myelogenous leukemia 2007, SpringerApproaching the treatment of AML from a biological perspective : an overview / Farhad Ravandi and Francis Giles -- Aberrant transcription factors in AML / Alan D. Friedman -- Myelodysplasia-related AML / Jane E. Parker -- Therapy-related AML / Lucy A. Godley and Michelle Le Beau -- The DNA damage response, DNA repair, and AML / David P. Steensma -- Altered apoptosis in AML : potential implications for pathogenesis and therapeutic response / Ruben A. Mesa and Scott H. Kaufmann -- Drug resistance transporters in AML / Douglas D. Ross -- Impact of cytogenetics on clinical outcome in AML / David Grimwade -- APL : a classic tale of bench to bedside / Olga Frankfurt ... [et al.] -- Emerging therapeutics for AML / Edward A. Sausville --FLT3 : a prototype receptor tyrosine kinase target in AML / Mark Levis -- Farnesyl transferase inhibitors in the therapy of AML / Jeffrey E. Lancet -- Modulating gene expression as a therapeutic approach in the treatment of AML / Tamer Fandy, Hetty Carraway, and Steven D. Gore -- Differentiation therapy in AML / Tara L. Lin and William Matsui -- Stem cell transplantation for AML / Javier Bolaños-Meade and Richard J. Jones -- Tumor vaccines in leukemia / Ivan Borrello -- Treatment, outcomes, and challenges of newly diagnosed AML in children and adolescents / Robert J. Arceci -- AML in older adults / Richard M. Stone -- Dameshek smiles : molecular clues to the chronic myeloproliferative disorders unmasked / Jason Gotlib -- New designs for clinical trials / Elihu Estey.
- Acute promyelocytic leukemia 2007, SpringerAPL as a paradigm in biomedical research : a journey toward the cure / P.P. Pandolfi -- Mouse models of acute promyelocytic leukemia / S.C. Kogan -- The PLZF gene of t(11;17)-associated APL / M.J. McConnell and J.D. Licht -- SUMO, the three Rs and cancer / J.-S. Seeler ... [et al.] -- Emerging role for microRNAs in acute promyelocytic leukemia / C. Nervi ... [et al.] -- The theory of APL revisited / P.P. Scaglioni and P.P. Pandolfi -- Treatment of acute promyelocytic leukemia by retinoids / P. Fenaux, Z.Z. Wang, and L. Degos -- Arsenic trioxide and acute promyelocytic leukemia : clinical and biological / Z. Chen ... [et al.] -- Front line clinical trials and minimal residual disease monitoring in acute promyelocytic leukemia / F. Lo-Coco and E. Ammatuna -- Histone deacetylase inhibitors in APL and beyond / K. Petrie, N. Prodomou, and A. Zelent -- Monoclonal antibody therapy of APL / P.G. Maslak, J.G. Jurcic, and D.A. Scheinberg -- Targeting APL fusion proteins by peptide interference / A. Melnick -- The design of selective and non-selective combination therapy for acute promyelocytic leukemia / Y. Jing and S. Waxman.
- Adenocarcinoma of the esophagogastric junction / 2010, Springer
- Adjuvant therapy for breast cancer 2009, Springer
- Adrenocortical carcinoma 2011, Springer
- Adult acute lymphocytic leukemia 2011, SpringerA perspective on the treatment of acute lymphoblastic leukemia in adults -- Acute lymphocytic leukemia: clinical features and making the diagnosis -- The biology of adult acute lymphoblastic leukemia -- Minimal residual disease in acute lymphoblastic leukemia -- Cytogenetics -- Acute lymphoblastic leukemia: epidemiology -- Prognostic factors in adult acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) -- The generalized care of the patient with acute lymphoblastic leukemia -- Treatment of acute lymphoblastic leukemia in middle-age and older adults -- Pharmacology of acute lymphoblastic leukemia therapy -- Assessment of response to treatment -- T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia -- Burkitt lymphoma and leukemia -- Treatment of acute lymphoblastic leukemia in young adults -- Philadelphia chromosome positive acute lymphoblastic leukemia -- Molecular therapies -- Treatment of relapsed acute lymphoblastic leukemia -- Allogeneic stem cell transplantation for acute lymphoblastic leukemia in adults -- Hematopoietic stem cell transplantation in Philadelphia-positive acute lymphoblastic leukemia -- Special challenges: genetic polymorphisms and therapy -- Late consequences of therapy of acute lymphoblastic leukemia -- Immunotherapy for acute lymphoblastic leukemia -- Unique subtypes in acute lymphoblastic leukemia.
- Advances in breast cancer management. 2nd ed. 2008, Springer
- Advances in cancer stem cell biology 2012, Springer
- Advances in chronic lymphocytic leukemia 2013, SpringerChronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) is the most common leukemia in the Western world. CLL has a highly varied clinical course. While advances in CLL therapy are noted, many patients still succumb to this illness. Like most progress in medicine, solid advances in the diagnosis, prognosis and treatment of CLL are rooted in an in-depth understanding of the basic and translational biology of CLL. In this book, CLL experts have contributed state-of-the-art summaries of various important aspects of CLL biology and have discussed the translational implication of such findings. This book, which is directed at physicians and researchers alike, aims to educate broadly and deeply. Intentionally, the many aspects and nuances of CLL clinical care that can only really be appreciated through direct patient care are not covered here, but instead, the book presents basic aspects of CLL that underlie many of the contemporary decisions that are made in CLL research and clinical settings. We hope that this book will critically inform the community and stimulate interest in CLL, which will ultimately translate into better CLL research, prognostication and therapy, with the end goal of providing a better outlook for patients afflicted with this common leukemia.
- Advances in DNA repair in cancer therapy 2013, SpringerRepair of DNA Interstrand Cross-links Produced by Cancer Chemotherapeutic Drugs /Anderson T. Wang, Peter J. McHugh --DNA-PK, a Pharmacological Target in Cancer Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy? /Bernard Salles D.V.M., Ph.D. --Growth Factor Receptor Signaling, DNA Damage Response, and Cancer Cell Susceptibility to Chemotherapy and Relapses /Moulay Alaoui-Jamali, Amine Saad, Gerald Batist --The Relationship Between DNA-Repair Genes, Cellular Radiosensitivity, and the Response of Tumors and Normal Tissues to Radiotherapy /David Murray, Matthew Parliament --Important Roles of ERCC1 in DNA Repair and Targeted Therapy /Jennifer J. Hu, Joseph de la Garza --The Role of BRCA1 and BRCA2 in Anticancer Drug Therapy /Andrew Y. Shuen, Jorge S. Reis-Filho --DNA-PK in CLL Chemotherapy /L. Amrein, D. Davidson, R. Aloyz, L. Panasci --Poly(ADP) Ribose Polymerase at the Interface of DNA Damage Signaling and DNA Repair /Jana Krietsch, Michele Rouleau, Michel Lebel --Cellular Protection Against the Antitumor Drug Bleomycin /Dindial Ramotar Ph.D., Mustapha Aouida Ph.D. --ATR as a Therapeutic Target /Fiona K. Middleton, Nicola J. Curtin --Telomeres, Telomerase, and DNA Damage Response in Cancer Therapy /Raina A. Tamakawa, Helen B. Fleisig --RAD51 Is a Key Protein of DNA Repair and Homologous Recombination in Humans /Alexander V. Mazin Ph.D., Olga M. Mazina.
- Advances in molecular oncology 2007, SpringerGenome instability, checkpoints, and the cell cycle. Comparison of DNA replication in Xenopus laevis and simian virus 40 / Maren Oehlmann, Cathal Mahon, and Heinz-Peter Nasheuer. A genetic screen implicates miRNA-372 and miRNA-373 as oncogenes in testicular germ cell tumors / P. Mathijs Voorhoeve ... [et al.] An investigation into 53BP1 complex formation / Kevin C. Roche and Noel F. Lowndes. Short abstracts--session I -- Tumor and microenvironment interactions. Tumor promotion by tumor-associated macrophages / Chiara Porta ... [et al.] The AP-2[alpha] transcription factor regulates tumor cell migration and apoptosis / Francesca Orso ... [et al.] Modulatory actions of neuropeptide Y on prostate cancer growth: role of MAP kinase/ERK 1/2 activation / Massimiliano Ruscica ... [et al.] Short abstracts--session II -- Animal models. The Arf tumor suppressor in acute leukemias: insights from mouse models of Bcr-Abl-induced acute lymphoblastic leukemia / Richard T. Williams and Charles J. Sherr. Short abstracts--session III -- Transcription and epigenetics. Short abstracts--session IV -- High-throughput approaches and imaging. Identification and validation of the anaplastic large cell lymphoma signature / Roberto Piva, Elisa Pellegrino, and Giorgio Inghirami. Cell-cycle inhibitor profiling by high-content analysis / Fabio Gasparri, Antonella Ciavolella, and Arturo Galvani. Short abstracts-session V -- Novel pathways and therapeutic targets. Regulation for nuclear targeting of the Abl tyrosine kinase in response to DNA damage / Kiyotsugu Yoshida. Short abstracts--session VI -- Poster abstracts.
- Advances in nutrition and cancer 2014, SpringerThis book comprises proceedings from the Third International Conference on Advances in Nutrition and Cancer, held in Naples in May 2012. This highly multidisciplinary meeting analyzed nutrition and cancer from different perspectives and on the basis of distinct and up-to-date experimental approaches. Knowledge on the relation between lifestyle, diet, and cancer is explored in a number of contributions, and the role of dietary intervention in cancer patients is discussed. Issues of vital interest to the research community, such as epidemiological and experimental oncology (genetics, epigenetics, and the mechanisms of action of natural compounds in the diet), receive detailed consideration. A further key topic is the emerging molecular technologies (the -omics) that can cast light on the interplay between nutrition and human malignancies. Chapters take the form of reviews that include sections presenting expert opinions. Advances in Nutrition and Cancer will be an invaluable source of topical information for all researchers and clinicians with an interest in this field.
- Advances in peritoneal surface oncology 2007, SpringerManagement of Peritoneal Surface Malignancy: A Short History / Paul H. Sugarbaker -- The Natural History of Free Cancer Cells in the Peritoneal Cavity / Yutaka Yonemura, Taiichi Kawamura, Etsurou Bandou, Gorou Tsukiyama and Yoshio Endou, et al. -- Pathological Evaluation and Implications of Serosal Involvement in Gastrointestinal Cancer / Linmarie Ludeman and Neil A. Shepherd -- Principles of Perioperative Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy for Peritoneal Carcinomatosis / Eelco de Bree and Dimitris D. Tsiftsis -- Experimental and Pharmacokinetic Studies in Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy: From Laboratory Bench to Bedside / Eelco de Bree and Dimitris D. Tsiftsis -- Technology for the Delivery of Hyperthermic Intraoperative Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy: A Survey of Techniques / Amod A. Sarnaik, Jeffrey J. Sussman, Syed A. Ahmad, Benjamin C. McIntyre and Andrew M. Lowy -- Adjuvant Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy: A Review / Paul H. Sugarbaker -- Clinical Research Methodology in Peritoneal Surface Oncology: A Difficult Challenge / François-Noël Gilly, Olivier Glehen, Annie C. Beaujard and Eddy Cotte -- Lessons Learnt from Clinical Trials in Peritoneal Surface Oncology: Colorectal Carcinomatosis / Frans A. N. Zoetmulder and Vic J. Verwaa -- Experimental Models and Questions in Basic Science Research for Pseudomyxoma Peritonei / Laura A. Lambert, Donald H. Lambert and Paul Mansfield -- Peritoneal Carcinomatosis of Colorectal Origin: Recent Advances and Future Evolution Toward a Curative Treatment / Dominique Elias and Diane Goere -- Pathologic Characterization and Differential Diagnosis of Malignant Peritoneal Mesothelioma / Nelson G. Ordóñez -- Advances in Clinical Research and Management of Diffuse Peritoneal Mesothelioma / Marcello Deraco, Dario Baratti, Nadia Zaffaroni, Antonello Domenico Cabras and Shigeki Kusamura -- Advances in the Management of Gastric Cancer with Peritoneal Dissemination / Yutaka Yonemura, Taiichi Kawamura, Etsurou Bandou, Gorou Tsukiyama and Masayuki Nemoto, et al. -- Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy in the Management of Ovarian Cancer / Maurie Markman.
- Advances in radiation oncology in lung cancer 2005, Springer
- Advances in radiation oncology in lung cancer. 2nd ed. 2011, Springer
- Advances in rapid sex-steroid action 2012, Springer[1.] Non-genomic Action of Steroid Hormones: More Questions than Answers / Antimo Migliaccio, Gabriella Castoria, Antonio Bilancio, Pia Giovannelli, Marzia Di Donato and Ferdinando Auricchio -- Part I. Breast Cancer -- [2.] Progesterone Signaling to Chromatin in Breast Cancer Cells. Two Initial Cycles of Remodeling / Guillermo P. Vicent, Roser Zaurin, Cecilia Ballaré, A. Silvina Nacht, Roni H. G. Wright, Francois Le Dily, Giancarlo Castellano, Jofre Font-Mateu and Miguel Beato -- [3.] Cooperative Interactions Between c-Src, Estrogen Receptors and Receptor Tyrosine Kinases in Breast Cancer / Sarah J. Parsons, Jessica E. Pritchard, Emily M. Fox and Margaret A. Shupnik -- [4.] Cross Talk Between ER[alpha] and Src Signaling and Its Relevance to ER Status and Hormone Responsiveness / Jun Sun, Wen Zhou, Zafar Nawaz and Joyce M. Slingerland -- [5.] Post-translational Modifications of ER Alpha in Rapid Estrogen's Action / Muriel Le Romancer, Coralie Poulard, Stéphanie Sentis, and Laura Corbo -- [6.] Sex-Steroid Rapid Action and Its Role in Invasiveness and Metastasis of Breast Cancer / Marina Ines Flamini, Angel Matias Sanchez, Xiao-Dong Fu and Tommaso Simoncini -- [7.] Unraveling the Role of GPER in Breast Cancer / Rosamaria Lappano and Marcello Maggiolini -- [8.] Nongenomic Actions of Estrogens and Xenoestrogens Affecting Endocrine Cancer Cells / Cheryl S. Watson, Dragoslava Zivadinovic, Yow-Jiun Jeng, Rebecca A. Alyea, Terumi Midoro-Horiuti, Randall Goldblum and Anannya Banga -- Part II. Prostate Cancer -- [9.] Differential Functions of Stromal and Epithelial Androgen Receptor in Prostate Cancer Before and After Castration Resistant Stage / S. Lee, K.-P. Lai, S. Yeh and C. Chang -- [10.] Role of Androgens and Androgen Receptor in Prostate Cancer: Genomic and Non-Genomic Actions / Sara Marchiani, Lara Tamburrino, Monica Muratori, Lorella Bonaccorsi, Gianni Forti and Elisabetta Baldi -- [11.] Mechanisms of Signal Transduction in Prostate Cancer: The Role of PI3-Kinase Pathway in Androgen Action / Laurent Morel and Silvère Baron -- [12.] The IGF-I Axis in Prostate Cancer: The Role of Rapid Steroid Actions / Antonino Belfiore -- Androgen Receptor Pathway in Prostate Cancer: Old Target and New Drugs / Christophe Massard and Karim Fizazi -- Part III. New Tools for Steroid Receptor Analysis and Regulatory Networks -- [13.] Quantitative Visualization of Sex Steroid Receptor Functions: AR and ER[alpha] / Michael J. Bolt, Sean M. Hartig, Adam T. Szafran, Sanjay N. Mediwala, Marco Marcelli and Michael A. Mancini -- [14.] Micropatterned Surfaces as Tools for the Study of the Rapid Non-genomic Actions of Steroid Receptors / Andrew C. B. Cato, Emmanuel Oppong and Sylwia Sekula-Neuner.
- Advances in targeted cancer therapy 2005, SpringerDawn of a new era in molecular cancer therapeutics -- Obstacles and opportunities in the clinical development of targeted therapeutics -- Tumor models for preclinical development of targeted agents -- Angiogenesis inhibitors: what is the clinical future? -- Epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) inhibitors in cancer therapy -- Cell survival signaling during apoptosis: implications in drug resistance and anti-cancer therapeutic development -- Targeted histone deacetylase inhibition for cancer prevention and therapy -- Inhibitors of cyclin-dependent kinase modulators for cancer therapy -- Targeting cyclooxygenase-2 for cancer prevention and treatment -- Antisense approaches in drug discovery and development -- Preclinical development of Alimta (Pemetrexed LY231514), a multitargeted antifolate.
- Advances in TNF family research 2011, SpringerRoles of the TNF family in tissue homeostasis and normal development -- Novel aspects of signaling activation by the TNF family: novel aspects of the functions of the TRAFs and cIAPs -- Novel aspects of signaling activation by the TNF: ubiquitin modification of signaling proteins -- Novel aspects of signaling activation by the TNF family: TNF signaling and gene regulatory networks -- Roles of the TNF family in infectious diseases and interrelationship of the TNF family and pattern recognition receptor signaling: roles of the TNF family in infectious diseases -- Roles of the TNF family in infectious diseases and interrelationship of the TNF family and pattern recognition receptor signaling: interrelationship of the TNF family and pattern recognition receptor signaling -- Novel aspects of immune regulation by the TNF family -- Control of lymphocyte function and repertoire by the TNF family -- Advances in applying our knowledge to therapy: mechanisms of pathological and therapeutic effects of the TNF family -- Advances in applying our knowledge to therapy: rational design of new means for therapeutic modulation of function of the TNF family -- Roles of the TNF family in neuronal development, function, and pathology -- Cell death mechanisms controlled by the TNF family -- Contributors to abstracts of talks and posters at the 12th TNF Conference -- Abstracts of talks and posters presented at the 12th TNF Conference.
- AEG-1/MTDH/LYRIC implicated in multiple human cancers 2013, ScienceDirectCh. 1. AEG-1/MTDH/LYRIC, the beginning: initial cloning, structure, expression profile, and regulation of expression -- Ch. 2. AEG-1/MTDH/LYRIC: clinical significance -- Ch. 3. AEG-1/MTDH/LYRIC: signaling pathways, downstream genes, interacting proteins, and regulation of tumor angiogenesis -- Ch. 4. Pleiotropic roles of AEG-1/MTDH/LYRIC in breast cancer -- Ch. 5. Drug resistance mediated by AEG-1/MTDH/LYRIC -- Ch. 6. The role of AEG-1/MTDH/LYRIC in the pathogenesis of central nervous system disease -- Ch. 7. AEG-1/MTDH/LYRIC in liver cancer -- Index.
- AIDS-associated viral oncogenesis 2007, Springer
- AJCC cancer staging atlas 2006, Springer
- AJCC cancer staging atlas. 2nd ed. 2012, Springer
- AJCC cancer staging handbook. 7th ed. 2010, STAT!RefGeneral information on cancer staging and end-results reporting -- Head and neck -- Digestive system -- Thorax -- Musculoskeletal sites -- Skin -- Breast -- Gynecologic sites -- Genitourinary sites -- Ophthalmic sites -- Central nervous system -- Lymphoid neoplasms -- Personnel and contributors.
- Alcohol and cancer 2011, Springer
- Alternative and complementary therapies for cancer 2010, Springer
- Analysis of oriented texture with applications to the detection of architectural distortion in mammograms 2010, AtyponThe presence of oriented features in images often conveys important information about the scene or the objects contained; the analysis of oriented patterns is an important task in the general framework of image understanding. As in many other applications of computer vision, the general framework for the understanding of oriented features in images can be divided into low- and high-level analysis. In the context of the study of oriented features, low-level analysis includes the detection of oriented features in images; a measure of the local magnitude and orientation of oriented features over the entire region of analysis in the image is called the orientation field. High-level analysis relates to the discovery of patterns in the orientation field, usually by associating the structure perceived in the orientation field with a geometrical model. This book presents an analysis of several important methods for the detection of oriented features in images, and a discussion of the phase portrait method for high-level analysis of orientation fields. In order to illustrate the concepts developed throughout the book, an application is presented of the phase portrait method to computer-aided detection of architectural distortion in mammograms.
- Anatomic basis of tumor surgery. 2nd ed. 2010, Springer
- Androgen action in prostate cancer 2009, SpringerAndrogen action and modulation of prostate and prostate cancer growth : an historical perspective / Shutsung Liao ... [et al.] -- Clinical progression to castration-recurrent prostate cancer / Mark Pomerantz and Philip Kantoff -- Differential roles of androgen receptor in prostate development and cancer progression / Shuyuan Yeh ... [et al.] -- Imaging androgen receptor function in vivo / Michael Carey and Lily Wu -- Increased expression of genes converting adrenal androgens to testosterone in castration-recurrent prostate cancer / Steven P. Balk -- Androgen-metabolic genes in prostate cancer predisposition and progression / Juergen K.V. Reichardt and Ann W. Hsing -- Effect of steroid 5[alpha]-reductase inhibitors on markers of tumor regression and proliferation in prostate cancer / Lynn N. Thomas and Roger S. Rittmaster -- 5[alpha]-reductase isozymes in castration-recurrent prostate cancer / Mark A. Titus and James L. Mohler -- Improving intermittent androgen-deprivation therapy : OFF cycle and the role of steroid 5[alpha]-reductase inhibitors / Shubham Gupta, Daniel Shevrin, and Zhou Wang -- Insights from AR gene mutations / Grant Buchanan ... [et al.] -- Functional motifs of the androgen receptor / Elizabeth M. Wilson -- The role of the androgen receptor polyglutamine tract in prostate cancer : in mice and men / Diane M. Robbins -- The androgen receptor coactivator-binding interface / Eva Estébanez-Perpiñá and Robert J. Fletterick -- Co-regulators and the regulation of androgen receptor action in prostate cancer / Irina U. Agoulnik and Nancy L. Weigel -- Androgen receptor coregulators and their role in prostate cancer / Latif A. Wafa, Robert Snoek, and Paul S. Rennie -- Interaction of the androgen receptor ligand-binding domain with the n-terminal domain and with coactivators / Jan Trapman -- Multitasking and interplay between the androgen receptor domains / F.Claessens, T. Tanner, and A. Haelens -- Chromatin remodeling and androgen receptor-mediated transcription / Li Jia ... [et al.] -- Ligand-independent androgen receptor activity / Scott M. Dehm and Donald J. Tindall -- Role of IL-6 in regulating the androgen receptor / Zoran Culig and Alfred Hobisch -- The role of cyclic AMP in regulating the androgen receptor / Marianne D. Sadar --Cellular and molecular signatures of androgen ablation of prostate cancer / Clifford G. Tepper and Hsing-Jien Kung -- Tissue levels of androgens in castration-recurrent prostate cancer / James L. Mohler and Mark A. Titus -- Unique effects of wnt signaling on prostate cancer cells : modulation of the androgen signaling pathway by interactions of the androgen receptor gene and protein with key components of the canonical wnt signaling pathway / Matthew J. Tanner ... [et al.] -- The role of foxa proteins in the regulation of androgen receptor activity / David J. DeGraff ... [et al.] -- Androgen receptor as a licensing factor for DNA replication / Donald J. Vander Griend and John T. Isaacs -- Androgen-regulated genes in the prostate / Nigel Clegg and Peter S. Nelson -- Mapping the androgen receptor cistrome / Qianben Wang and Myles Brown -- Differential regulation of clusterin isoforms by the androgen receptor Tanya K. Day, Colleen C. Nelson, and Martin E. Gleave -- Androgen regulation of prostate cancer gene fusions / Rou Wang, Scott A. Tomlins, and Arul M. Chinnaiyan -- Androgens and the lipogenic switch in prostate cancer / Johannes V. Swinnen ... [et al.] -- Molecular biology of novel targets identified through study of castration-recurrent prostate cancer / Philip A. Watson and Charles L. Sawyers -- Selenium and androgen receptor in prostate cancer / Nagalakshmi Nadiminty and Allen C. Gao.
- Angiogenesis inhibition 2010, SpringerAngiopoietins / Yvonne Reiss -- HIF-1 alpha and cancer therapy / Mei Yee Koh, Tally R. Spivak-Kroizman, Garth Powis -- Chemokines / Andreas Hippe, Bernhard Homey, Anja Meuller-Homey -- Angiogenesis inhibition in cancer therapy / Iris Appelmann ... [et al.] -- Vascular integrins : therapeutic and imaging targets of tumor angiogenesis / Curzio Ruegg, Gian Carlo Alghisi -- PDGF and vessel maturation / Carina Hellberg, Arne Ostman, C.-H. Heldin -- Lymphangiogenesis in cancer : current perspectives / Rudiger Liersch ... [et al.] -- Compounds in clinical phase III and beyond / Torsten Kessler ... [et al.] -- Metronomic chemotherapy : principles and lessons learned from applications in the treatment of metastatic prostate cancer / Urban Emmenegger ... [et al.] -- Targeting inflammatory cells to improve anti-VEGF therapies in oncology / Hans-Peter Gerber, Ezogelin Olazoglu, Iqbal S. Gerwal -- Antibody-based vascular tumor targeting / Christoph Schliemann, Dario Neri -- Caveolae and cancer / Kerri A. Massey, Jan E. Schnitzer.
- Antiangiogenic agents in cancer therapy 2008, Springer
- Antiangiogenic cancer therapy 2008, CRCnetBASEPart I: Angiogenesis in cancer -- Strategies to prolong the nonangiogenic dormant state of human cancer / George N. Naumov and Judah Folkman -- Vascular endothelial growth factor: basic biology and clinical implications / Napoleone Ferrara -- Angiogenesis in solid tumors / Rakesh K. Jain and Dan G. Duda -- Pathophysiologic role of VEGF in hematologic malignancies / Klaus Podar ... [et al.] -- Tumor microenvironment and angiogenesis / Cheryl H. Baker and Isaiah J. Fidler -- Part II: Targeting angiogenesis for cancer therapy -- Tyrosine kinase inhibitors of angiogenesis / Janessa J. Laskin and Alan B. Sandler -- Development of antiangiogenic monoclonal antibodies for cancer therapy / Zhenping Zhu and Daniel J. Hicklin -- Targeting fibroblast growth factor / fibroblast growth factor receptor system in angiogenesis / Marco Rusnati and Marco Presta -- Development of the VEGF trap as a novel antiangiogenic treatment currently in clinical trials for cancer and eye diseases, and discovery of the next generation of angiogenesis targets / John S. Rudge ... [et al.] -- Proteinases and their inhibitors in angiogenesis / Yves A. DeClerck, Khalid Bajou, and Walter E. Laug -- Prostaglandins and COX-2: role in antiangiogenic therapy / Kristin Hennenfent, Daniel Morgensztern, and Ramaswamy Govindan -- Integrins, adhesion, and coadhesion inhibitors in angiogenesis / Abebe Akalu and Peter C. Brooks -- Conventional therapeutics with antiangiogenic activity / Christian Hafner, Thomas Vogt, and Albrecht Reichle -- Vascular disrupting agents / David J. Chaplin, Graeme J. Dougherty, and Dietmar W. Siemann -- Vascular and hematopoietic stem cells as targets for antiangiogenic therapy / Carlos Almeida Ramos, Hans-Georg Kopp, and Shahin Rafii -- Genetic strategies for targeting angiogenesis / Anita Tandle, Mijung Kwon, and Steven K. Libutti -- Identification of new targets using expression profiles / Thomas R. Burkard ... [et al.].; Part III: Translating angiogenesis inhibitors to the clinic -- Clinical trial design and regulatory issues / Ramzi N. Dagher and Richard Pazdur -- Surrogate markers for antiangiogenic cancer therapy / Darren W. Davis -- Noninvasive surrogates / Bruno Morgan and Mark A. Horsfield -- Pharmacodynamic markers in tissues / Darren W. Davis -- Blood-based biomarkers for VEGF inhibitors / Amado J. Zurita, Hua-Kang Wu, and John V. Heymach -- Part IV: Treatment of specific cancers with angiogenesis inhibitors -- Antiangiogenic therapy for colorectal cancer / Paulo M. Hoff and Everardo D. Saad -- Combined modality therapy of rectal cancer / Christopher G. Willett and Dan G. Duda -- Antiangiogenic therapy for breast cancer / Pablo M. Bedano ... [et al.] -- Antiangiogenic therapy for lung malignancies / David J. Stewart -- Antiangiogenic therapy for prostate cancer / Leslie K. Walker, Glenn Liu, and George Wilding -- Antiangiogenic therapy for hematologic malignancies / Karen W.L. Yee and Francis J. Giles -- Antiangiogenic therapy for gliomas / Heinrich Elinzano and Howard A. Fine -- Antiangiogenic therapy for Kaposi's sarcoma / Henry B. Koon, Liron Pantanowitz, and Bruce J. Dezube -- Antiangiogenic therapy for melanoma / Keith Dredge and Angus G. Dalgleish -- Sunitinib and renal cell carcinoma / Robert J. Motzer and Sakina Hoosen.
- Antibody-drug conjugates and immunotoxins 2013, SpringerThe concept of delivering 'magic bullets' to treat diseases was first proposed by Paul Erlich in the early 1900's. The realization of this concept for the treatment of cancer occurred in the late 1990's with the approval of monoclonal antibody therapies. The use of monoclonal antibodies conjugated (linked) to potent cytotoxic agents (antibody-drug conjugates, ADCs) for specifically delivering cytotoxics to cancer cells was an obvious extension of antibody-based therapy. ADCs have been under intense investigation for several decades; progress, however, has been limited due to toxicity or lack of improved efficacy compared to unconjugated cytotoxics. More recently, linker technology and target selection have advanced such that several ADCs and immunotoxins are undergoing clinical testing or are approved for use. This important volume gives the latest and most comprehensive information on the topic, describing different types of ADCs and immunotoxins for both hematologic and solid malignancies. Finally, the volume highlights the promise that this technology holds for diverse types of human cancer.
- Anticancer agents from natural products 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Anticancer agents from natural products. 2nd ed. 2012, CRCnetBASE"This book covers clinically used anticancer agents that are either natural products or are clearly derived from natural product leads. The second edition includes drugs that are currently in development. In addition, the text emphasizes the applications of synthetic and medicinal chemistry to the preparation of analogs with enhanced activities. Contributors also address the potential of novel drug discovery through the use of genome mining as well as the status of advanced development candidates. For each compound of class of compounds, the text provides information on the history, structure, mechanism of action, development, synthesis, medicinal chemistry, and clinical applications"-- Provided by publisher."The search for new lead compounds is a crucial element of modern pharmaceutical research. Natural products provided the only source of pharmaceuticals for thousands of years, and natural products have made enormous contributions to human health through compounds such as quinine, morphine, aspirin (a natural product analog), digitoxin, and many others. The potential of natural products as anticancer agents was recognized in the 1950's by the U. S. National Cancer Institute (NCI) under the leadership of the late Dr. Jonathan Hartwell, and the NCI has since made major contributions to the discovery of new naturally occurring anticancer agents through its contract and grant support, including an important program of plant and marine collections. Many, although not all, of the compound classes described in the following pages owe their origin in whole or in part to NCI support. In spite of the success of the natural products approach to anticancer drug discovery, as exemplified by the following chapters, in recent years their importance as a source of molecular diversity for drug discovery research and development has been overshadowed by newer chemical approaches currently in favor. These approaches include chemical ones which make heavy use of combinatorial chemistry, and biological ones such as manipulation of biosynthetic pathways of microbial metabolites through combinatorial biosynthetic techniques. It is thus worthwhile to review briefly the major reasons why natural products are so important. First, there is a strong biological and ecological rationale for plants and marine invertebrates to produce novel bioactive secondary metabolites"-- Provided by publisher.
- Anticancer drug development 2002, ScienceDirectA brief history of cancer chemotherapy -- Novel targets in the cell cycle and cell cycle checkpoints -- Growth factor and signal transduction targets for cancer therapy -- Cell death pathways as targets for anticancer drugs -- Drug resistance pathways as targets -- Role of matrix metalloproteinases and plasminogen activators in cancer invasion and metastasis: therapeutic strategies -- Tumor vasculature as a target -- Gene-directed enzyme prodrug therapy -- Tumor antigens as targets for anticancer drug development -- Structure-based drug design and its contributions to cancer chemotherapy -- The contribution of synthetic organic chemistry to anticancer drug development -- Biosynthetic products for anticancer drug design and treatment: the bryostatins -- DNA-encoded peptide libraries and drug discovery -- Mechanism-based high-throughput screening for novel anticancer drug discovery -- Tumor cell cultures in drug development -- Screening using animal systems -- Relevance of preclinical pharmacology and toxicology to Phase I trial extrapolation techniques: relevance of animal toxicity -- Clinical trial design: incorporation of pharmacokinetic, pharmacodynamic, and pharmacogenetic principle -- Tumor imaging applications in the testing of new drugs -- Mechanistic approaches to Phase I clinical trials.
- Antituberculosis chemotherapy 2011, KargerHistory of drug discovery : early evaluation studies and lessons learnt from them / Ahmad, Z., Makaya, N.H. and Grosset, J. -- Tuberculosis treatment trials past and present : old and new challenges / Nunn, N. -- The rifamycins : renewed interest in an old drug class / Burman, W., Dooley, K.E., and Nuermberger, E. -- Isoniazid pharmacokinetics and efficacy in adults and children / Donald, P.R. and Schaaf, H.S. -- Recent developments in the study of pyrazinamide : an update / Mitchison, D.A. and Zhang, Y. -- Experience with phase III clinical trials of antituberculosis drugs and regimens : conclusions and lessons for the future / Jindani, A. -- Tuberculosis recurrence : exogenous or endogenous? / Williams, M. ... [et al.] -- Second-line antituberculosis drugs : current knowledge, recent research findings and controversies / Schaaf, H.S., Seddon, J.A., and Caminero, J.A. -- Acquisition, transmission, and amplification of drug-resistant tuberculosis / Müller, B. ... [et al.] -- The treatment of tuberculosis in children -- Cruz, A.T. and Starke, J.R. -- Issues and challenges in the development of novel tuberculosis drug regimens / Erondu, N. and Ginsberg, A. -- Drug resistance in mycobacterium tuberculosis : molecular mechanisms and laboratory susceptibility testing / Bittger, E.C. -- The role of the mouse model in the evaluation of new antituberculosis drugs / Nuermberger, E.L. -- Current issues in tuberculosis pharmacokinetics / Egelund, E.F. and Peloquin, C.A. -- Pharmacological considerations of antitubercular agents in children / Goldman, J.L., Kearns, G.L., and Abdel-Rahman, S.M. -- Interactions between antituberculosis and antiretroviral agents / Mcilleron, H. and Khoo, S.H. -- Diabetes mellitus and tuberculosis treatment / Ruslami, R., Van Crevel, R. -- Early bactericidal activity of antituberculosis agents / Maritz, J.Z., Diacon, A.H., and Donald, P.R. -- Assessment of whole-blood bactericidal activity in the evaluation of new antituberculosis drugs / Wallis, R.S. -- Serial sputum colony counting in drug regimens / Sloan, D. and Davies, G. -- The evaluation of new antituberculosis drugs in children / Mcneeley, D.F. ... [et al.] -- A new era in tuberculosis treatment : what does the future hold? / Duncan, K.
- APC proteins 2009, SpringerAPC and [beta]-catenin degradation -- Nuclear APC -- APC in cell migration -- The APC-EB1 interaction -- The role of APC in mitosis and in chromosome instability -- Role of APC and its binding partners in regulating microtubules in mitosis -- The adenomatous polyposis coli tumor -- Suppressor and Wnt signaling in the regulation of apoptosis -- APC and its modifiers in colon cancer -- Tissue-specific tumour suppression by APC -- Extra-colonic manifestations of familial adenomatous polyposis coli.
- Apoptosis and cancer 2008, Springer ProtocolsModulation of apoptosis to reverse chemoresistance /Gil Mor,Michele K. Montagna,andAyesha B. Alvero - -Caspase-3 activation is a critical determinant of genotoxic stress-induced apoptosis /Suparna Mazumder,Dragos Plesca,andAlexandru Almasan - -Flow cytometry enumeration of apoptotic cancer cells by apoptotic rate /David Diaz... [et al.] - -Detection of cancer-related proteins in fresh-frozen ovarian cancer samples using laser capture microdissection /Dan-Arin Silasi... [et al.] - -Flow cytometric detection of activated caspase-3 /Richard FoxandMartine Aubert - -The chemofx® assay : an ex vivo chemosensitivity and resistance assay for predicting patient response to cancer chemotherapy /Stacey L. Brower,Jeffrey E. Fensterer,andJason E. Bush --Correlation of caspase activity and in vitro chemo-response in epithelial ovarian cancer cell lines /Ayesha B. Alvero,Michele K. Montagna,andGil Mor - -Assessing expression of apoptotic markers using large cohort tissue microarrays /Elah Pick,Mary M. McCarthy,andHarriet M. Kluger --Mitochondria potential, bax "activation," and programmed cell death /C. Michael KnudsonandNicholas M. Brown --In vitro and in vivo apoptosis detection using membrane permeant fluorescent-labeled inhibitors of caspases /Brian W. Lee... [et al.] - -Caspase activity assays /Andrew L. Niles,Richard A. Moravec,andTerry L. Riss - -Multiplex caspase activity and cytotoxicity assays /Andrew L. Niles,Richard A. Moravec,andTerry L. Riss - -Homogeneous, bioluminescent proteasome assays /Martha A. O'Brien... [et al.] - -A simple method for profiling mirna expression /Jia-Wang WangandJin Q. Cheng - -Apoptotic caspase activation and activity /Jean-Bernard DenaultandGuy S. Salvesen - -Biochemical analysis of the native trail death-inducing signaling complex /Henning WalczakandTobias L. Haas - -Laser microdissection sample preparation for RNA analyses /Christopher J. Vega.
- Apoptosis in carcinogenesis and chemotherapy 2009, Springer
- Apoptosis, cell signaling, and human diseases v. 1-2, 2007., Springerv. 2, 2007 SpringerBCR-ABL and human cancer / Maria Pérez-Caro and Isidro Sánchez-Garcia -- Angiogenesis and cancer / Yohei Maeshima -- Metastasis: the evasion of apoptosis / Christine E. Horak ... [et al.] -- Carcinogenesis: balance between apoptosis and survival pathways / Dean G. Tang and James P. Kehrer -- Aberrations of DNA damage checkpoints in cancer / Marikki Laiho -- c-Myc, apoptosis, and disordered tissue growth / Michael Khan and Stella Pelengaris -- Role of lysophospholipids in cell growth and survival / Xianjun Fang and Sarah Spiegel -- Alternative use of signaling by the [beta] GBP cytokine in cell growth and cancer control: from surveillance to therapy / Livio Mallucci and Valerie Wells -- Control nodes linking the regulatory networks of the cell cycle and apoptosis / Baltazar D. Aguda, Wee Kheng Yio, and Felicia Ng -- Regulation of NF-[kapa]B function: target for drug development / Daniel Sliva and Rakesh Srivastava -- 5-fluorouracil: molecular mechanisms of cell death / Daniel B. Longley and Patrick G. Johnston -- Apoptosis-inducing cellular vehicles for cancer gene therapy: endothelial and neural progenitors / Gergely Jarmy ... [et al.] -- Apoptosis and cancer therapy / Maurice Reimann and Clemens A. Schmitt -- Coupling apoptosis and cell division control in cancer: the survivin paradigm / Dario C. Altieri -- Clinical significance of histone deacetylase inhibitors in cancer / Sharmila Shankar and Rakesh K. Srivastava.
- Apoptosis, senescence, and cancer. 2nd ed. 2007, SpringerThe intrinsic pathway of apoptosis -- The extrinsic pathway of apoptosis -- Evaluating the importance of apoptosis and other determinants of cell death and survival -- Mitotic catastrophe -- Autophagy and autophagic cell death -- Regulation and function of detachment-induced cell death (anoikis) in cancer progression and metastasis -- Structure and function of the telomere -- Overview of senescence -- Contributions of telomerase to tumorigenesis -- The role of telomeres in genomic instability -- Overview of the DNA damage checkpoint: ATM and ATR -- Interactions between myc- and cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitors in cancer -- Interplay between [gamma]H2AX and 53BP1 pathways in DNA double-strand break repair response -- DNA-dependent protein kinase in repair, apoptosis, telomere maintenance, and chemotherapy -- Resistance/signaling pathways -- Ceramide and multidrug resistance -- Chemo- and radiosensitization through inhibition of PI3K/Akt signaling -- The advancement of epidermal growth factor receptor inhibitors in cancer therapy -- Antimetabolites -- Topoisomerase I poisons and apoptotic topoisomerase I-DNA complexes -- Perturbations of cellular functions by topoisomerase II inhibitors: all roads lead to cell death? -- The significance of poly-targeting in apoptosis induction by alkylating agents and platinum drugs -- Contributions of apoptosis and senescence to cytotoxicity produced by microtubule-stabilizing agents -- Tyrosine kinase inhibitors -- Monoclonal antibodies in lymphomas -- Role of apoptosis in anti-angiogenic cancer therapies -- Photodynamic therapy-induced apoptosis -- Modulation of TRAIL signaling for cancer therapy.
- Apoptosome 2010, Springer
- Application of apoptosis to cancer treatment 2005, Springer
- Applications of viruses for cancer therapy. 1st ed. 2012, ScienceDirectCh. 1. Cancer terminator viruses and approaches for enhancing therapeutic outcomes -- Ch. 2. Adenovirus strategies for tissue-specific targeting -- Ch. 3. Syrian hamster as an animal model to study oncolytic adenoviruses and to evaluate the efficacy of antiviral compounds -- Ch. 4. Design of improved oncolytic adenoviruses -- Ch. 5. The development of transcription-regulated adenoviral vectors with high cancer-selective imaging capabilities -- Ch. 6. Adenovirus-based immunotherapy of cancer, promises to keep -- Ch. 7. Cancer treatment with gene therapy and radiation therapy -- Ch. 8. Oncolytic adenoviruses for cancer immunotherapy, data from mice, hamsters, and humans -- Index.
- Aromatase inhibitors 2006, Springer
- Aromatase inhibitors. 2nd rev. ed. 2008, Springer
- Assessing the quality of cancer care 2005, NAP
- Atlas effectors of anti-tumor immunity 2008, Springer
- Atlas of brain and spine oncology imaging 2013, SpringerAtlas of Brain and Spine Oncology Imaging presents a comprehensive visual review of pathologic disease variations of cancers of the brain and spine through extensive radiologic images. The focus of the book is on algorithmic strategies for identifying neoplastic pathologies commonly found in brain and spinal tumors through a visual representation of the variety of appearances that each neoplasm takes, within both benign and malignant manifestations.
- Atlas of cancer mortality in the European Union and the European economic area, 1993-1997 2008, IARC
- Atlas of genitourinary oncological imaging 2013, SpringerThe Atlas of Genitourinary Oncological Imaging presents a comprehensive visual review of appearances for normal anatomy and oncological diseases in the genitourinary system using over 900 radiological images and illustrations. The book presents current imaging techniques and discusses the role of imaging in pre-treatment staging and post-treatment follow-up. Diseases discussed include kidney, adrenal gland, upper tract, bladder, prostate, testes, and pediatric malignancies. Individual chapters include normal anatomy, imaging techniques, and pathology of each cancer type. The staging of the malignancy and what to include in the radiology report are discussed, and expected and complicated postoperative and post-treatment findings and recurrence are presented. Dedicated chapters on interventional and radiation therapy discuss their unique role in the management and treatment of oncology of the genitourinary system. Additionally, a chapter on chemotherapy toxicities discusses drug reaction treatment therapies unique to the genitourinary system.Edited and written by radiologists from the genitourinary disease management team at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, the Atlas of Genitourinary Oncological Imaging is an ideal resource for radiology and urology trainees seeking a review of the basics and for practicing radiologists looking for answers to challenging cases confronted in daily practice.
- Atlas of Hematologic Neoplasms 2009, Springer
- Atlas of lymphoscintigraphy and sentinel node mapping 2013, Springer
- Atlas of male genital disorders 2013, SpringerMale genital disorders represent a common issue in medical practice, especially in the dermatological setting. Correct clinical evaluation of these disorders is essential when addressing the diagnosis, which in some cases may require histopathological confirmation. Depending on the disease, early diagnosis may be not only lifesaving, but also of fundamental importance to the planning of successful treatment. This atlas introduces the most common penile diseases, along with more rarely encountered ones. It provides invaluable guidance on clinical diagnosis by highlighting prominent clinical features and presenting particular videodermatoscopy findings when these are indicative of the diagnosis. In addition, for each condition the most appropriate treatment is proposed, taking into account recent therapeutic advances of proven benefit.
- Atlas of mammography. 3rd ed. 2007, OvidAnatomy of the breast -- Techniques and positioning in mammography -- An approach to mammographic analysis -- Circumscribed masses -- Indistinct and spiculated masses -- Analysis of calcification -- Prominent ductal patterns -- Asymmetry and architectural distortion -- The thickened skin pattern -- The axilla -- The male breast -- The postsurgical breast -- The augmented breast -- Galactography -- Needle localization -- Percutaneous breast biopsy -- The roles of ultrasound and magnetic resonance imaging in breast imaging.
- Atlas of minimally invasive surgery in esophageal carcinoma 2010, Springer
- Atlas of neoplastic pulmonary disease 2010, SpringerLymphangiomatosis -- Pleuropulmonary blastoma -- Congenital pulmonary myofibroblastic tumor -- Alveolar adenoma -- Uncommon endobronchial surface tumors -- Mucous gland adenoma -- Pleomorphic adenoma -- Mucoepidermoid tumor -- Adenoid cystic carcinoma -- Inflammatory polyps -- Inflammatory pseudotumor -- Pulmonary chondroma -- Pulmonary hamartoma -- Localized fibrous tumor -- Lipomas and liposarcomas -- Cystic lymphangioma -- Lymphangioleiomyomatosis -- Epithelioid hemangioendothelioma -- Pulmonary artery sarcoma -- Synovial sarcoma -- Marginal zone B-cell lymphoma (maltoma) -- Diffuse large B-cell lymphoma -- Lymphomatoid granulomatosis -- Langerhans cell histiocytosis -- Typical and atypical carcinoids -- Teratoma -- Melanoma -- Thymoma -- Glomus tumor of the lung -- Sclerosing hemangioma -- Preinvasive disease -- Squamous cell carcinoma -- Adenocarcinoma -- Large cell carcinoma -- Small cell carcinoma -- Adenosquamous carcinoma -- Bronchioloalveolar carcinoma -- Large cell neuroendocrine carcinoma -- Sarcomatoid carcinoma -- Pulmonary blastoma -- Metastatic tumors.
- Atlas of pediatric brain tumors 2010, SpringerPart 1. Pilocytic astrocytoma and Pilomyxoid Astrocytoma -- Pilocytic astrocytoma and Pilomyxoid Astrocytoma / Christine Fuller and Sonia Narendra -- Pleomorphic Xanthoastrocytoma / Christine E. Fuller -- Infiltrative Astrocytomas (Diffuse Astrocytoma, Anaplastic Astrocytoma, Glioblastoma) / Christine E. Fuller -- Oligodendroglial Tumors / Christine E. Fuller -- Ependymal Tumors / Christine E. Fuller, Sonia Narendra and Ioana Tolicica -- Introduction and Overview of Brain Tumors / Adekunle M. Adesina -- Part 2. Embryonal Neuroepithelial Tumors -- Central Nervous System Primitive Neuroectodermal Tumors and Medulloepithelioma / Adekunle M. Adesina, J. Hunter and L. Rorke-Adams -- Medulloblastoma / Adekunle M. Adesina and J. Hunter -- Atypical Teratoid Rhabdoid Tumor / Adekunle M. Adesina, J. Hunter and L. Rorke-Adams -- Part 3. Tumors of the Meninges -- Meningiomas / Christine Fuller and Brian Pavlovitz -- Hemangiopericytoma and Other Mesenchymal Tumors / Christine E. Fuller -- Melanocytic Lesions / Christine E. Fuller -- Hemangioblastoma -- Christine E. Fuller -- Part 4. Tumors of Cranial and Spinal Nerves -- Schwannoma / Tarik Tihan -- Neurofibroma / Tarik Tihan -- Malignant Peripheral Nerve Sheath Tumors / Tarik Tihan -- Part 5. Neuronal and Mixed Neuronal-glial Tumors -- Desmoplastic Infantile Astrocytoma and Ganglioglioma / Adekunle M. Adesina -- Dysembryoplastic Neuroepithelial Tumor / Adekunle M. Adesina and Ronald A. Rauch -- Ganglioglioma and Gangliocytoma / Adekunle M. Adesina and Ronald A. Rauch -- Central Neurocytoma and Extraventricular Neurocytoma / Adekunle M. Adesina and Ronald A. Rauch -- Papillary Glioneuronal Tumor / M. Rivera-Zengotita, A. Illner and Adekunle M. Adesina -- Rosette-Forming Glioneuronal Tumor of the Fourth Ventricle / M. Rivera-Zengotita and Adekunle M. Adesina -- Malignant Epithelioid Glioneuronal Tumor / M. Rivera-Zengotita, R. Rauch and Adekunle M. Adesina -- Paraganglioma / A. Rivera and Adekunle M. Adesina -- Part 6. Neurocutaneous Syndromes -- Neurofibromatosis 1 / Tarik Tihan -- Neurofibromatosis 2 / Tarik Tihan -- Von Hippel-Lindau Disease / Tarik Tihan and Adekunle M. Adesina -- Tuberous Sclerosis Complex / Tarik Tihan and Adekunle M. Adesina -- L'hermitte-Duclos Disease and Cowden Disease / T. Hidehiro, S. Hiroyoshi and Adekunle M. Adesina -- Part 7. Tumors in the Region of the Pituitary Fossa -- Pituitary Tumors / Tarik Tihan and Christine E. Fuller -- Craniopharyngioma / Tarik Tihan -- Part 8. Choroid Plexus Neoplasms -- Choroid Plexus Neoplasms / Christine E. Fuller, Sonia Narendra and Ioana Tolocica -- Part 9. Pineal Based Tumors -- Pineal Parenchymal Tumors / Tarik Tihan -- Part 10. Germ Cell Tumors -- Germ Cell Tumors / Tarik Tihan -- Part 11. Paraneoplastic Disorders -- Paraneoplastic Disorders of the Central Nervous System / Christine E. Fuller and Sonia Narendra -- Part 12. Tumours of the Haematopoietic System -- Malignant Lymphoma / Adekunle M. Adesina -- Histiocytic Tumors / A. Mukherjee and Adekunle M. Adesina -- Part 13. Interesting/Challenging Cases and Exercises in Pattern Recognition -- Case Studies / Adekunle M. Adesina, Christine E. Fuller and Lucy Rocke-Adams.
- Atlas of PET/MR imaging in oncology 2013, SpringerThis new project on PET/MR imaging in oncology includes digital interactive software matching the cases in the book. The interactive version of the atlas is based on the latest web standard, HTML5, ensuring compatibility with any computer operating system as well as a dedicated version for Apple iPad and iPhone. The book opens with an introduction to the principles of hybrid imaging that pays particular attention to PET/MR imaging and standard PET/MR acquisition protocols. A wide range of illustrated clinical case reports are then presented. Each case study includes a short clinical history, findings, and teaching points, followed by illustrations, legends, and comments. The multimedia version of the book includes dynamic movies that allow the reader to browse through series of rotating 3D images (MIP or volume rendered), display blending between PET and MR, and dynamic visualization of 3D image volumes. The movies can be played either continuously or sequentially for better exploration of sets of images. The editors of this state-of-the-art publication are key opinion leaders in the field of multimodality imaging. Professor Osman Ratib (Geneva) and Professor Markus Schwaiger (Munich) were the first in Europe to initiate the clinical adoption of PET/MR imaging. Professor Thomas Beyer (Zurich) is an internationally renowned pioneering physicist in the field of hybrid imaging. Individual clinical cases presented in this book are co-authored by leading international radiologists and nuclear physicians experts in the use of PET and MRI.
- Atlas of practical Mohs histopathology 2013, Springer
- Atlas of skin cancers 2011, Springer
- Atlas of soft tissue tumor pathology 2013, SpringerSoft tissue tumors are a large and heterogeneous group of tumors and pseudotumors with a spectrum of behavior from benign to frankly malignant. This Atlas of Soft Tissue Tumor Pathology provides an overview of reactive, pseudoneoplastic, benign and intermediate neoplasms, sarcomas and related conditions arising in subcutaneous and deep soft tissues. Emphasis is placed on microscopic appearances with correlation with gross diagnostic findings where relevant. In addition, the immunohistochemical and molecular genetic features of the major soft tissue tumor subtypes are presented.
- Atlas of staging in gynecological cancer 2008, Springer
- Atlas of thyroid lesions 2011, SpringerPhysical and technical essentials -- Ultrasound features of thyroid lesions -- Nodular or colloid goiter, hyperplasia, and cysts -- Follicular adenoma and follicular thyroid carcinoma -- Oncocytic nodule/Hurtle cell tumors -- Follicular variant of papillary thyroid carcinoma -- Papillary thyroid carcinoma -- Medullary thyroid carcinoma -- Anaplastic carcinoma -- Lymphoma and plasmacytoma -- Thyroiditis -- Metastases -- Regional lymph node metastases.
- Atlas of virtual colonoscopy. 2nd ed. 2011, Springer
- Autophagy and cancer 2013, SpringerThis book covers the latest advances in the field of autophagy and cancer from the basics of the molecular machinery for autophagy induction and regulation up to current areas of interest, including modulation of autophagy and drug discovery for cancer prevention and treatment. The reader will be initially introduced to the historical context of autophagy, followed by a summary of the key players in autophagy, a discussion on the origin of autophagosomes, and an overview of signal transduction regulation of autophagy. The next chapters deal with the complex relationship between autophagy and tumorigenesis through in-depth discussions of how autophagy influences cell survival, apoptosis, inflammation, immunity, tumor microenvironment, metabolic stress, DNA damage, and genomic instability. The remaining chapters discuss how autophagy affects cancer cell response to therapy and how to best modulate autophagy for therapeutic benefit - what to target and how to target. We hope that this monograph will be an invaluable reference source for professionals, students, postdoctoral fellows, and senior scientists working in the fields of autophagy and cancer.
- Bacteria and cancer 2012, Springer
- Basic radiation oncology 2010, SpringerRadiation physics -- Radiobiology -- Clinical radiation oncology -- Central nervous system tumors -- Head and neck cancers -- Lung cancer -- Breast cancer -- Genitourinary system cancers -- Gynecological cancers -- Gastrointestinal system cancers -- Soft tissue sarcoma -- Skin cancer -- Lymphomas and total body irradiation.
- Basics of oncology 2009, Springer
- BCL-2 protein family 2010, SpringerHomeostatic functions of BCL-2 proteins beyond apoptosis / Nika N. Danial, Alfredo Gimenez-Cassina, and Daniel Tondera -- Alternative functions of the BCL-2 protein family at the endoplasmic reticulum / Diego Rojas-Rivera ... [et al.] -- BH3-only proteins and their effects on cancer / Thanh-Trang Vo and Anthony Letai -- Endoplasmic reticulum stress and BCL-2 family members / Ross T. Weston and Hamsa Puthalakath -- Targeting survival pathways in lymphoma / Luca Paoluzzi and Owen A. O'Connor -- The interplay between BCL-2 family proteins and mitochondrial morphology in the regulation of apoptosis / Maria Eugenia Soriano and Luca Scorrano -- Noncanonical functions of BCL-2 proteins in the nervous system / Heather M. Lamb and J. Marie Hardwick -- Mitochondria on guard : role of mitochondrial fusion and fission in the regulation of apoptosis / Mariusz Karbowski.
- Berries and cancer prevention 2011, Springer
- Sect. 1. Head and neck. Head and neck cancer / Barbara A. Conley ... [et al.] -- Sect. 2. Thorax. Non-small cell lung cancer / Anne M. Horgan and Oscar S. Breathnach -- Small cell lung cancer / Neelima Denduluri and Martin E. Gutierrez -- Sect. 3. Digestive system. Esophageal cancer / Gregory D. Leonard, David P. Kelsen, and Carmen J. Allegra -- Gastric cancer / M. Wasif Saif -- Biliary tract cancer / Gregory D. Leonard, Eileen M. O'Reilly, and Carmen J. Allegra -- Primary cancers of the liver / Gregory D. Leonard, William R. Jarnagin, and Carmen J. Allegra -- Colorectal cancer / George P. Kim, Chris H. Takimoto, and Carmen J. Allegra -- Pancreatic cancer / George P. Kim, James L. Gulley, Chris H. Takimoto -- Anal cancer / M. Wasif Saif -- Other gastrointestinal tumors / M. Wasif Saif -- Sect. 4. Breast. Breast cancer / Hamid R. Mirshahidi and Jame Abraham -- Sect. 5. Genitourinary. Renal cell cancer / Hung T. Khong, Christopher Klebanoff, and Susan Bates --Prostate cancer / James L. Gulley and William L. Dahut -- Bladder cancer / Manish Agarwal and William L. Dahut -- Testicular carcinoma / Avi S. Retter and Barnett S. Kramer -- Sect. 6. Gynecologic. Ovarian cancer / Eddie Reed and Ramin Altaha -- Endometrial cancer / Christina M. Annunziasta and Michael J. Birrer -- Cervical cancer / Edwin M. Posades and Herbert L. Kotz -- Vulvar cancer / Christina M. Annunziasta and Michael J. Birrer -- Sect. 7. Musculoskeletal. Sarcomas and malignancies of the bone / Patrick J. Mansky and Lee Helman -- Sect. 8. Skin cancer. Skin cancers and melanoma / Upendra P. Hegde and Barry Gause -- Sect. 9. Hematologic malignancies. Acute leukemias / Michael Craig, Jame Abraham, and Brian P. Monahan -- Chronic leukemias / Muzaffar H. Quazilbash and Michael J. Keating -- Chronic myeloid leukemia / Muzaffar H. Quazilbash and Jorge E. Cortes -- Myeloproliferative diseases / Manish Monga and Marcel P. Devetten --Multiple myeloma / Sattva S. Neelapu and Cynthia E. Dunbar -- Non-Hodgkin lymphoma / Martin Gutierrez, Richard F. Little, and Wyndham H. Wilson -- Hodgkin lymphoma / Gisa Schun, Jame Abraham, and Marcel P. Devetten -- Hematopoietic stem cell transplantation / Michael Craig, Jame Abraham, and Richard W. Childs -- Sect. 10. Other malignancies. Acquired immunodeficiency syndrome-related malignancies / Pallavi P. Kumar and Richard F. Little -- Carcinoma of unknown primary / Hung T. Khong -- Central nervous system tumors / Patrick J. Mansky, J. Paul Duic, and Howard A. Fine -- Endocrine tumors / Michael E. Menefee and Tito Fojo -- Sect. 11. Supportive care. Hematopoietic growth factors / Philip M. Arlen and James L. Gulley -- Infectious complications in oncology / Sarah M. Wynne and Juan C. Gea-Banacloche -- General principles of cancer pain management / Jason R. Beckrow and Richard A. Messmann --Oncologic emergencies and paraneoplastic syndromes / Muhammad K. Siddique and Richard A. Messmann -- Psychopharmacologic management in oncology / Donald L. Rosenstein, Maryland Pao, and June Cai -- Management of emesis in oncology / David R. Kohler -- Nutrition for oncology patients / Marnie Dobbin -- End-of-life care / Jane Carter -- Sect. 12. Targeted treatments and complimentary and alternative medicine. Targeted therapies / James L. Gulley and Gregory Curt -- Complementary and alternative medicine in oncology / Patrick J. Mansky, Dawn b. Wallerstedt, and Marc R. Blackman -- Sect. 13. Common procedures and chemotherapy drugs. Central venous access devices / Deborah C. Gutierrez and Naomi P. O'Grady -- Procedures in medical oncology / Suzanne G. Demko and Kerry Ryan -- Anticancer agents / Thomas E. Hughes.
- Bethesda system for reporting thyroid cytopathology 2010, Springer
- Bioactive compounds and cancer 2010, SpringerMonitoring the burden of cancer in the United States -- Cancer biology and nutrigenomics -- Cellular cancer processes and their molecular targets -- Nutrigenetics: the relevance of polymorphisms -- Diet and epigenetics -- Nutrient signaling-protein kinase to transcriptional activation -- Dietary energy balance, calorie restriction, and cancer prevention -- Fiber and microbially generated active components -- Gut microbiota, probiotics, prebiotics and colorectal cancer -- Meats, protein and cancer -- Saturated fatty acids and cancer -- Conjugated linoleic acid and cancer -- Cancer and n-3PUFAs: the translational connection -- n-6 polyunsaturated fatty acids and cancer -- Carotenoids -- Vitamin A -- Vitamin D and cancer chemoprevention -- Folate -- Selenium -- Calcium and cancer -- Iron and cancer -- Zinc in cancer development and prevention -- Cruciferous vegetables, isothiocyanates, indoles, and cancer prevention -- Garlic and cancer prevention -- Mammary and prostate cancer chemoprevention and mechanisms of action of resveratrol and genistein in rodent models -- Cancer prevention by catechins, flavonols, and procyanidins -- Mechanisms of action of isoflavones in cancer prevention -- The anticarcinogenic properties of culinary herbs and spices -- Cancer prevention with berries: role of athocyanins -- Pomegranate -- Alcohol and cancer: biological basis -- Aryl hydrocarbon receptor-mediated carcinogenesis and modulation by dietary xenobiotic and natural ligands -- Opportunities and challenges for communicating food and health relationships to American consumers.
- Bioinformatics in cancer and cancer therapy 2009, SpringerThe emergence of bioinformatics : historical perspective, quick overview and future trends / Christos A. Ouzounis -- The statistical design and interpretation of microarray experiments / Kevin K. Dobbin and Richard M. Simon -- Whole-genome analysis of cancer / Steven A. Enkemann ... [et al.] -- Bioinformatics approaches to the analysis of the transcriptome of animal models of cancer / Mark J. Hoenerhoff ... [et al.] -- Significance of aberrant expression of miRNAs in cancer cells / George A. Calin ... [et al.] -- Proteomic methods in cancer research / Scot Weinberger and Egisto Boschetti -- Comprehensive genomic profiling for biomarker discovery for cancer detection, diagnostics and prognostics / Xiaofeng Zhou ... [et al.] -- Gene expression profiling of the leukemias : oncogenesis, drug responsiveness, and prediction of clinical outcome / Lars Bullinger, Hartmut Dohner, and Jonathon R. Pollack -- Personalized medicine in the clinical management of colorectal cancer / Anthony El-Khoueiry and Heinz Josef Lenz -- PIK3CA gene alterations in human cancers / Sérgia Velho, Carla Oliveira, and Raquel Seruca.
- Biological basis of geriatric oncology 2005, Springer
- Biology of gastric cancers 2009, Springer
- Biology of oral cancer 2014, CRCnetBASE"Cancer is a class of disease or disorders characterized by uncontrolled division of cells and the ability of these cells to invade other tissues. One new approach in dealing with cancer is through apoptotic regulators, which is the process of controlling cell growth by abnormally prolonging cell survival, facilitating the accumulation of transforming mutations and promoting resistance. This book uses oral cancers as the specific means to demonstrate this technique with this particular type of cancer, which is quite prevalent (and deadly) in India and other parts of Asia, in particular"--Provided by publisher.
- Biomarkers in breast cancer 2006, SpringerGuidelines for the design of clinical studies for the development and validation of therapeutically relevant biomarkers and biomarker-based classification systems / Richard M. Simon -- Analytical aspects of biomarker immunoassays in cancer research / C. G. J. (Fred) Sweep, Chris M. G. Thomas and Manfred Schmitt -- Tissue microarrays: state-of-the-art, pitfalls, and promises / Chungyeul Kim and Soonmyung Paik -- Gene expression profiling with DNA microarrays / Michele De Bortoli and Nicoletta Biglia -- Assays for gene amplification / Chungyeul Kim, Yongkuk Song, and Soonmyung Paik -- Cell kinetics / Maria Grazia Daidone, Rosella Silvestrini, and Dino Amadori -- Urokinase-type plasminogen activator and PAI-1 / Michael J. Duffy -- Predictive value of c-erbb-2 for endocrine therapy and chemotherapy in breast cancer / Vered Stearns -- Erb-b-2 as a therapeutic target / Robert Mass -- The epidermal growth factor receptor pathway as a selective -- Molecular-targeting treatment in human breast cancer / Fortunato Ciardiello, Teresa Troiani, and Giampaolo Tortora -- P-53 as a prognostic and predictive indicator / Daniela Kandioler and Raimund Jakesz -- Occult metastatic cells in breast cancer patients / Stephan Braun, Julia Seeber, and Christian Marth -- Circulating HER-2/neu / Allan Lipton ... [et al.] -- Circulating vascular endothelial growth factor / Roberta Sarmiento ... [et al] -- Detection of early tumor dissemination in patients with breast cancer / Debra Hawes and Richard J. Cote -- New technologies/new markers/new challenges / Daniel F. Hayes and Giampietro Gasparini -- Index.
- Biomarkers in oncology 2013, Springer
- Biomedical informatics for cancer research 2010, Springer
- Biosensors and cancer 2013, CRCnetBASEFunctional optical imaging-based biosensors / Pablo Iglesias and Jose A. Costoya -- Use of a surface plasmon resonance (SPR) biosensor to characterize zwitterionic coatings on SiO2 for cancer biomarker detection / Norman D. Brault, Shaoyi Jiang, and Qiuming Yu -- Microcantilever-based biosensor array for tumor angiogenic marker detection / Riccardo Castagna and Carlo Ricciardi -- Electrochemical DNA biosensors at the nanoscale / Rosa Letizia Zaffino ... [et al.] -- Aptamer-based biosensors for cancer studies / Ilaria Palchetti and Marco Mascini -- Fluorescent biosensors for cancer cell imaging and diagnostics / May C. Morris -- Electrical and electrochemical immunosensor for cancer study / Seung Yong Lee and Seung Yong Hwang -- Multifunctional nanobiosensors for cancer / Dai-Wen Pang and Er-Qun Song -- Silicon nanowire biosensor for cancer markers / Yang-Kyu Choi and Chang-Hoon Kim -- DNA-electrochemical biosensors and oxidative damage to DNA : application to cancer / Victor Constantin Diculescu and Ana Maria Oliveira Brett -- Asparaginase-based asparagine biosensors and their application to leukemia / Neelam Verma and Kuldeep Kumar -- Breast cancer detection using surface plasmon resonance-based biosensors / Chii-Wann Lin and Chia-Chen Chang -- Detection of miRNA with silicon nanowire biosensors / Guo-Jun Zhang -- Biosensors for BCR-ABL activity and their application to cancer / Yusuke Ohba ... [et al.] -- Optical fiber nanobiosensor for single living cell detections of cancers / Xin Ting Zheng and Chang Ming Li -- Microfluidic biosensors for thyroglobulin detection and application to thyroid cancer / Seokheun Choi and Junseok Chae -- Optical biosensors and applications to drug discovery and development in cancer research / Carlo Bertucci and Angela De Simone -- Single-chain fragment variable recombinant antibodies and their applications in biosensors for cancer diagnosis / Xiangqun Zeng and Ray Mernaugh -- DNA biosensor for rapid detection of anticancer drugs / Sigen Wang and Ruili Wang -- Using UV light to engineer biosensors for cancer detection : the case of prostate specific antigen / Maria Teresa Neves-Petersen, Antonietta Parracino, and Steffen B. Petersen.
- Biosimilars 2013, SpringerBiologicals' Characteristics / K. Ho and J.-H. Trouvin --From the Biosimilar Concept to the Marketing Authorisation / M. Pavlovic and J.-L. Prugnaud --Immunogenicity / J.-L. Prugnaud --Substitution and Interchangeability / J.-L. Prugnaud --G-CSFs: Onco-Hematologist's Point of View / D. Kamioner --The Oncologist's Point of View / C. Chouaïd --Biosimilars: Challenges Raised by Biosimilars: Who is Responsible for Cost and Risk Management? / F. Megerlin.
- Biotargets of cancer in current clinical practice 2012, SpringerCentral Nervous System Tumors /Paolo Aloisi, Francesco Martella, Davide Cerone and Giampiero Porzio --Head and Neck Tumours /Keith D. Hunter and Robert Bolt --Thyroid Cancer /Laura D. Locati, Angela Greco, Maria Grazia Borrello, Maria Luisa Carcangiu and Paolo Bossi, et al. --Targeted Therapies for Non-small-Cell Lung Cancer /Giulio Metro and Lucio Crinò --Non-Hodgkin's Lymphomas /Roberta Zappasodi and Massimo Di Nicola --Leukemias /Lia Ginaldi and Massimo De Martinis --Breast Cancer /Nadia Rucci, Luca Ventura and Anna Teti --Oesophago-Gastric Cancer /Alex M. Reece-Smith, Simon L. Parsons and Sue A. Watson --Colorectal Cancer /David N. Church, Rachel Susannah Midgley and David J. Kerr --Hepatocellular Carcinoma /Yasunori Minami and Masatoshi Kudo --Biomarkers for Prognosis and Molecularly Targeted Therapy in Renal Cell Carcinoma /Laura S. Schmidt --Bladder Cancer /Andrea Tubaro, Daniele Santini, Cosimo De Nunzio, Alice Zoccoli and Michele Iuliano --Biomarkers in Prostate Cancer /Mauro Bologna and Carlo Vicentini --Ovarian Cancer /Jessica Wangui Oribabor, Allison Ambrosio, Cesar M. Castro and Michael J. Birrer --Uterine Cancer: The Influence of Genetics and Environment on Cell Cycling Pathways in Cancer /Annekathryn Goodman, Leslie S. Bradford and Leslie A. Garrett --Biotargets in Sarcomas: The Past, Present, and a Look into the Future /Vivek Subbiah and Razelle Kurzrock --Melanoma and Other Skin Cancers /Kim H. T. Paraiso, Jobin K. John and Keiran S. M. Smalley --Molecular Pathology of Cancer Metastasis: Suggestions for Future Therapy /Adriano Angelucci and Edoardo Alesse --Current and Future Developments in Cancer Therapy Research: miRNAs as New Promising Targets or Tools /Marilena V. Iorio, Patrizia Casalini, Claudia Piovan, Luca Braccioli and Elda Tagliabue.
- Bladder cancer 2010, Springer
- Bladder tumors 2011, Springer
- Blasenkarzinom 2005, Springer
- Bone and cancer 2009, Springer
- Bone cancer. 1st ed. 2010, ScienceDirectChapter 1. Epidemiology of Primary Bone Tumors and Economical Aspects of Bone Metastases / Esther I. Hauben, Pancras C.W. Hogendoorn -- Chapter 2. Tumor-Bone Cell Interactions in Bone Metastases / Pierrick G.J. Fournier, Lauren K. Dunn, Gregory A. Clines, Theresa A. Guise -- Chapter 3. Early Bone Metastasis-Associated Molecular and Cellular Events / Philippe Clézardin -- Chapter 4. Regulation of Osteoblast Differentiation and Bone Cancers by Wnt and PTH Signaling Pathways / Julia Billiard, John A. Robinson, Ramesh A. Bhat, Bheem M. Bhat, Richard J. Murrills, Peter V.N. Bodine -- Chapter 5. Osteoclast Differentiation and Function / Luis Filgueira -- Chapter 6. Immunoregulation of Osteoclast Differentiation in Multiple Myeloma Bone Disease / Maria Grano, Giacomina Brunetti, Silvia Colucci -- Chapter 7. Facts and Hypothesis on Osteolytic Lesions Related to Normal and Tumoral Epithelial Dental Cell Differentiation / Blandine Ruhin, Frédéric Lézot, Aymann Bouattour, Sonia Ghoul-Mazgar, Ariane Berdal, Vianney Descroix -- Chapter 8. The Role of the Interleukin-6 Family of Cytokines in Bone Remodeling and Bone Cancer / Frédéric Blanchard, Emmanuelle David, Bénédicte Brounais -- Chapter 9. Proteases and Therapeutic Approaches of Bone Tumors / Velasco C. Ruiz, Y. Fortun, D. Heymann, M. Padrines -- Chapter 10. Bone Remodeling Markers and Bone Cancer / Markus J. Seibel -- Chapter 11. Cytogenetic and Molecular Genetic Alterations in Bone Tumors / Suvi Savola, Tom Böhling, Sakari Knuutila -- Chapter 12. Cytogenetics of Bone Tumors / Jiyun Lee, Mallory Martin, Shibo Li -- Chapter 13. Genetic Aspects of Bone Tumors / Shamini Selvarajah, Maria Zielenska, Jeremy A. Squire, Paul C. Park -- Chapter 14. Proteomics of Bone Cancer / Stephanie Byrum, Eric R. Siegel, Sudeepa Bhattacharyya, Larry J. Suva -- Chapter 15. Genomic and Proteomic Profiling of Osteosarcoma / Tsz-Kwong Man, Pulivarthi H. Rao, Ching C. Lau -- Chapter 16. Molecular Pathology of Osteosarcoma / Walter C. Bell, Gene P. Siegal -- Chapter 17. Technical Aspects: How Do We Best Prepare Bone Samples for Proper Histological Analysis? / Daniel Chappard -- Chapter 18. Osteoclast-rich Lesions of Bone: A Clinical and Molecular Overview / Adrienne M. Flanagan, Roberto Tirabosco, Panagiotis D. Gikas -- Chapter 19. Recent Advances in the Biology of Bone Tumors and New Diagnostic Tools / Gonzague de Pinieux, Corinne Bouvier -- Chapter 20. Ewing's Sarcoma Family of Tumors / Joseph D. Khoury -- Chapter 21. The Histopathology of Skeletal Metastases / Ping Tang, David G. Hicks --Chapter 22. Interventional Radiologic Techniques and their Contribution to the Management of Bone Tumors / Robert G. Jones, Eric J. Heffernan, Faisal Rashid, Peter L. Munk -- Chapter 23. Imaging of Bone Metastases / Nieroshan Rajarubendra, Nathan Lawrentschuk -- Chapter 24. Diagnosis of Skeletal Metastases in Malignant Extraskeletal Cancers / Holger Schirrmeister, Coskun Arslandemir -- Chapter 25. Pain Control with Palliative Radiotherapy in Bone Metastases / Alysa Fairchild, Amanda Hird, Edward Chow -- Chapter 26. Mechanisms and Management of Bone Cancer Pain / Ma'ann C. Sabino, Denis R. Clohisy -- Chapter 27. Malignant Skeletal Pain: Mechanisms and Potential Therapeutic Opportunities / Monica Herrera, Juan Miguel Jimenez-Andrade, Marina Vardanyan, Patrick W. Mantyh -- Chapter 28. Animal Models of Malignant Primary Bone Tumors and Novel Therapeutic Approaches / Julie Rousseau, François Lamoureux, Gaëlle Picarda, François Gouin, Valérie Trichet, Françoise Rédini -- Chapter 29. In vivo Models Used in Studies of Bone Metastases / Ingunn Holen, Michelle A. Lawson -- Chapter 30. Cytokine Gene Therapy in Bone Remodeling / Carl D. Richards, David Smyth -- Chapter 31. Non-surgical Treatment of Chondrosarcoma: Current Concepts and Future Perspectives / Eric L. Staals, Emanuela Palmerini, Stefano Ferrari, Mario Mercuri -- Chapter 32. Mechanistic Role of RANKL in Cancer-induced Bone Diseases and Development of a Targeted Therapy to Inhibit this Pathway / William C. Dougall -- Chapter 33. Chondrosarcoma of Bone: Diagnosis and Therapy / Arne Streitbuerger, Jendrik Hardes, Georg Gosheger -- Chapter 34. Current Status of Immunotherapy for Osteosarcoma and its Future Trends / Kanji Mori, Kosei Ando, Yoshitaka Matsusue, Dominique Heymann -- Chapter 35. Bisphosphonates, Bone Health and the Clinical Biology of Bone Metastases from Breast Cancer / Alexander H.G.Paterson -- Chapter 36. A Multi-targeted Approach to Treating Bone Metastases / Robert D. Loberg, Kenneth J. Pienta -- Chapter 37. Bone Metastases of Prostatic Cancer: Pathophysiology, Clinical Complications, Actual Treatment and Future Directions / Sara De Dosso, Fernanda G. Herrera, Dominik R. Berthold -- Chapter 38. Apoptosis and Drug Resistance in Malignant Bone Tumors / Udo Kontny.
- Bone Marrow Lymphoid Infiltrates 2012, Springer1.New Insights in the Development of Human B Lymphocytes /Bianca Blom --2.The Aging Lymphocyte /Hector F. Valenzuela, Rita B. Effros --3.The Bone Marrow Microenvironment and Its Impact in Acute and Chronic B Cell Malignancies /Jan A. Burger --4.The Expanding Diagnostic Role of Flow Cytometry in Bone Marrow Studies of Patients with Lymphomas and Plasma Cell Disorders /Anna Porwit --5.The Application of Molecular Techniques on Bone Marrow Trephines /Falko Fend, Leticia Quintanilla-Martínez --6.Residual Disease Assessment and Its Role in Monitoring Lymphoid and Plasma Cell Neoplasms /Konnie M. Hebeda --7.Reporting of Bone Marrow Lymphoid Infiltrates /Yi-Hua Chen, LoAnn Peterson --8.Janus-Faced Lymphoid Infiltrates /Dimitra Anagnostou --9.Singularities in Pediatric Bone Marrow Lymphoid Processes /Sophia L. Yohe, Robert W. McKenna --10.Bone Marrow Involvement in Primary Mature B and T Cell Leukemias /Ayoma D. Attygalle --11.A Step Forward in the Diagnosis of B-Cell Lymphomas in the Bone Marrow /Ahmet Dogan, Mine Hekimgil --12.New Insights in Waldenström's Macroglobulinemia /Meletios A. Dimopoulos, Evangelos Terpos --13.Bone Marrow in Hodgkin Lymphoma and Mimickers /Stefano A. Pileri, Elena Sabattini --14.Misleading Features of Bone Marrow Involvement by Peripheral T-Cell Lymphomas /Philippe Gaulard, Sylvia Hoeller --15.Systemic Mastocytosis Associated with Lymphoproliferative Disorders (SM-AHNMD) /Hans-Peter Horny, Karl Sotlar, Peter Valent.
- Bone metastasis 2005, SpringerOverview / Sadmeet Singh and Gurmit Singh -- Parathyroid hormone-related peptide and malignancy / David Goltzman -- Vitamin D and vitamin D analogs in cancer / Richard Kremer and Shafaat A. Rabbani -- Role of TGF and IGF in tumor progression and bone metastases / Erin Giles and Gurmit Singh -- Biologic and therapeutic implications of osteomimicry and epithelial/mesenchymal transition in prostate cancer / Wen-Chin Huang, Valerie Odero-Marah, and Leland W.K. Chung -- The roles of immune-cell derived matrix metalloproteinases in tumor growth and metastasis / Kristina A. Szabo and Gurmit Singh -- Contribution of osteopontin to the development of bone metastasis / Alison L. Allan ... [et al.] -- The role of interleukin-11 in osteolytic bone metastasis / Ryan R. Simon ... [et al.] -- Cell adhesion moleculars in tumor metastasis / Sujata Persad ... [et al.] --Antithrombotics in tumor growth and metastasis / Shaker A. Mousa -- Challenges and strategies in the analysis of multiple events in oncology / Pierre P. Major and Richard J. Cook -- Integrins : novel targets for the treatment of bone metastasis / Graham C. Parry ... [et al.] -- Bone metastasis and pathological fractures : bone tissue engineering as a novel therapy / Laurie A. McDuffee, Nigel Colterjohn, and Gurmit Singh -- Role of photodynamic therapy for bone metastasis / Shane Burch and Albert J.M. Yee -- Docetaxel for metastatic cancer and its role in combination therapies for advanced prostate cancer / Ellen K. Wasan ... [et al.] -- The use of tetracyclines for bone metastasis / Eric Seidlitz, Zeina Saikali, and Gurmit Singh -- Role of bisphosphonates in skeletal metastases / Arif Hussain and Fred Saad -- Radiation treatment of bone metastases / Edward Chow, Jackson Wu, and Elizabeth Toni Barnes.
- Bone sarcoma 2013, SpringerMultidisciplinary approach to the management of sarcomas of bone /Bryan S. Moon --Bone sarcoma imaging /John E. Madewell ... [et al.] --Percutaneous image-guided biopsy for diagnosis of bone sarcomas /Kamran Ahrar --Orthopedic oncologic surgical specimen management and surgical pathology /A. Kevin Raymond and Alexander J. Lazar --Osteosarcoma /Patrick P. Lin and Shreyaskumar Patel --Ewing sarcoma /Patrick P. Lin ... [et al.] --Chondrosarco /Alan W. Yasko, Vinod Ravi, and Ashleigh Guadagnolo --Rare bone sarcomas /Valerae O. Lewis ... [et al.] --Skeletal reconstruction after bone sarcoma resection /Christopher P. Cannon and David W. Chang --Soft tissue reconstruction after bone sarcoma resection /Scott D. Oates --Bone sarcomas in the growing child /Valerae O. Lewis and David W. Chang --Perioperative management of patients with bone sarcomas /Janie Rutledge, Mark S. Pilarczyk, and Alan W. Yasko --Rehabilitation in orthopedic oncology /Benedict Konzen and Christopher P. Cannon --Follow-up evaluation and surveillance after treatment of bone sarcomas /Colleen M. Costelloe and Patrick P. Lin.
- Bone tumors 2012, SpringerIntroduction to Bone Tumors --How to Evaluate a Bone Lesion --Imaging Modalities --Cartilage Tumors --Osseous Tumors --Fibrous Tumors --Miscellaneous Tumors --Bone Metastases --Bone Tumor Mimickers --Cases.
- Bortezomib in the treatment of multiple myeloma 2011, Springer
- Brain cancer 2010, Springer
- Brain metastases 2007, Springer
- Brain tumor pathology 2006, Springer
- Brain tumors 2005, SpringerEpidemiology of brain tumors / Randa El-Zein, Melissa Bondy, and Margaret Wrensch -- Molecular genetics of tumors of the central nervous system / C. David James -- Molecular pathology of nervous system tumors / Catherine L. Nutt ... [et al.] -- Genetic modeling of glioma formation in mice / Martin Begemann ... [et al.] -- Biology of brain metastasis / Minsoo Kang ... [et al.] -- Analysis of neural precursor cells in the context of origin of brain tumors, their treatment, and repair of treatment-associated damage / Mark Noble and Joerg Dietrich -- Biology of primitive neuroectodermal tumors / John R. Hill, Shoichiro Ohta, and Mark A. Israel -- Molecular and cellular biology of the blood-brain barrier and its characteristics in brain tumors / Helga E. de Vries ... [et al.] -- Immune regulation in the brain : lessons from autoimmunity and implications for brain tumor therapy / Lois A. Lampson -- Genetic pathways in the evolution of gliomas / Hiroko Ohgaki and Paul Kleihues -- DNA damage and repair in the therapeutic response of tumors of the central nervous system / Henry S. Friedman, M. Eileen Dolan, and Francis Ali-Osman -- Role of urokinase-type plasminogen activator receptor in human glioma invasion / Sanjeeva Mohanam and Jasti S. Rao -- Regulation of the cell cycle and apoptosis in human brain tumors / Juan Fueyo, Candelaria Gomez-Manzano, and Timothy J. McDonnell -- Systemic chemotherapy for metastatic tumors of the central nervous system / Charles A. Conrad and W.K. Alfred Yung -- Radiation biology and therapy of tumors of the central nervous system / Nalin Gupta ... [et al.] -- Advances in the management of cerebral metastases / Fadi Hanbali and Raymond Sawaya -- Immunotherapy of central nervous system tumors: contemporary cancer research / Amy B. Heimberger ... [et al.] -- Targeting drugs to tumors of the central nervous system / Maciej S. Lesniak, James Frazier, and Henry Brem -- Rational design and development of targeted brain tumor therapeutics / Francis Ali-Osman ... [et al.].
- Brain tumors. 3rd ed. / 2011, ScienceDirectMeet the increasing need for effective brain tumor management with the highly anticipated revision of Brain Tumors by Drs. Andrew H. Kaye and Edward R. Laws. Over the past decade, enormous advances have been made in both the diagnosis and the surgical and radiotherapeutic management of brain tumors. This new edition guides you through the latest developments in the field, including hot topics like malignant gliomas, functional brain mapping, neurogenetics and the molecular biology of brain tumors, and biologic and gene therapy. You'll also have easy access to the complete contents online, with links to PubMed and a downloadable image library, at www.expertconsult.com. Benefit from the knowledge and experience of Drs. Andrew H. Kaye and Edward R. Laws, globally recognized experts in the field of neurosurgery, as well as many other world authorities.
- Breast and gynecological cancers 2013, SpringerBurden of Breast and Gynecological Cancers in Low-Resource Countries -- Breast Cancer: Pathology, Cytology, and Core Needle Biopsy Methods for Diagnosis -- Gynecological Cancers: Pathology and Cytological Methods for Diagnosis of Gynecological Cancers -- Screening and Early Diagnosis of Breast Cancer: Proven Methodology and an Optimized Strategy for Developing Countries -- HPV and Cervical Cancer -- Screening for Cervical Cancer in Low-Resource Countries -- Ovarian Cancer Screening and Early Detection in Low- and Middle-Income Countries -- Endometrial Cancer: Risk Factors and Early Diagnosis in Low-Resource Countries -- Breast and Gynecologic Cancer Prevention in Low-Resource Countries -- Combined Screening for Breast and Gynecological Cancers Using Mobile Clinics: The Barretos Experience (Brazil) -- Cost-Effectiveness of Screening for and Early Diagnosis of Breast and Gynecological Cancers in Low-Income Countries -- Challenges for Breast and Gynecological Cancer Control by Early Detection in Less-Developed Countries -- Funding for Global Healthcare Intervention: Initiatives Aimed at Controlling Cancer in Women in Low-Resource Countries -- Coordinated Training on Early Detection and Diagnosis of Breast Cancer Across Different Levels of Health Workers: An Example from Peru -- Telemedicine in Cancer Control Programs in Developing Countries -- Breast Cancer Screening and Cervical Cancer Prevention in Developing Countries: Strategies for the Future -- Well Woman Clinic Concept: An Integrated Approach for Screening and Early Diagnosis of Breast and Gynecological Cancers in Developing Countries.
- Breast cancer 2008, Springer
- Breast cancer 2011, SpringerThe theory of the sick lobe -- Lobar anatomy of human breast and its importance for breast cancer -- Breast cancer may originate in utero: the importance of the intrauterine environment for breast cancer development -- Genetic alterations in normal and malignant breast tissue -- The role of ductal lavage: a cautionary tale -- The distribution of the earliest forms of breast carcinoma -- The implications of the imaging manifestations of multifocal and diffuse breast cancers -- Lobar ultrasound of the breast -- The lobar distribution of the lesions in breast carcinoma: ductoscopy and surgery -- Strop breast cancer now!: imagining imaging pathways towards search, destroy, cure, and watchful waiting of premetastasis breast cancer -- Epilogue: the diseased breast lobe in the context of X-chromosome inactivation and differentiation waves.
- Breast cancer and its precursor lesions 2011, SpringerOverview -- Common benign conditions of low concern -- Benign conditions associated with a risk for the subsequent development of cancer -- Precursor lesions and noninvasive cancers -- Breast cancer -- Things pathologists must always consider -- Nuances and details of the pathology report.
- Breast cancer chemosensitivity 2007, SpringerOverview of resistance to systemic therapy in patients with breast cancer / Ana Maria Gonzalez-Angulo, Flavia Morales-Vasquez and Gabriel N. Hortobagyi -- Roles of multidrug resistance genes in breast cancer chemoresistance / M. Tien Kuo -- Therapy-induced apoptosis in primary tumors / David J. McConkey -- Cell cycle deregulation in breast cancer: insurmountable chemoresistance or achilles' heel? / Laura Lambert and Khandan Keyomarsi -- p53, BRCA1 and breast cancer chemoresistance / Kimberly A. Scata and Wafik S. El-Deiry -- Integrin-mediated adhesion: tipping the balance between chemosensitivity and chemoresistance / Mary M. Zutter --Insulin-like growth factors and breast cancer therapy / Xianke Zeng and Douglas Yee -- EGF receptor in breast cancer chemoresistance / Robert B. Dickson and T.B. Deb -- Molecular mechanisms of ErbB2-mediated breast cancer chemoresistance / Ming Tan and Dihua Yu -- Estrogen receptors in resistance to hormone therapy / Matthew H. Herynk and Suzanne A.W. Fuqua -- Novel approaches for chemosensitization of breast cancer cells: the E1A story / Yong Liao, Dihua Yu and Mien-Chie Hung.
- Breast cancer epidemiology 2010, SpringerGlobal burden of breast cancer / Jacques Ferlay ... [et al.] -- Breast cancer biology and clinical characteristics / Amanda I. Phipps and Christopher I. Li -- In situ breast cancer / Brian L. Sprague and Amy Trentham-Dietz -- Endogenous hormones / Amanda I. Phipps and Christopher I. Li -- Exogenous hormones / Christopher I. Li and Elisabeth F. Beaber -- Reproductive factors / Mats Lambe -- Physical activity and anthropometric factors / Katherine D. Henderson, Jennifer Prescott, and Leslie Bernstein -- Diet and nutrition / Martin Lajous and Shumin M. Zhang -- Environmental and occupational exposures / Amanda I. Phipps ... [et al.] -- Shift work and circadian disruption / Scott Davis and Dana K. Mirick -- Non-hormonal medications and chronic diseases / Patricia F. Coogan -- Male breast cancer / Ian S. Fentiman -- Inherited predisposition: familial aggregation and high risk genes / Kathleen E. Malone and Kerryn W. Reding -- Common genetic susceptibility loci / Mikkel Z. Oestergaard and Paul Pharoah -- Mammographic density as a potential surrogate marker for breast cancer / Norman F. Boyd, Lisa J. Martin, and Salomon Minkin -- Breast cancer screening / Karla Kerlikowske -- Principles of breast cancer therapy / Allison W. Kurian and Robert W. Carlson -- Breast cancer outcomes / Graham A. Colditz and Courtney Beers.
- Breast cancer in the post-genomic era 2009, Springer
- Breast cancer in women of African descent 2006, SpringerBurden of breast cancer in developing and developed countries -- Genetics of breast cancer in women of African Descent: an overview -- Biology of breast cancer: molecular and pathologic features of ductal neoplasia of the breast: racial considerations -- Screening and early detection of breast cancer in women in Africa and the Middle East -- Breast cancer at diagnosis in women of Africa and the Middle East -- Breast cancer aggressiveness in women of African descent -- Radiotherapy of breast cancer -- Adjuvant therapy of breast cancer -- Endocrine therapy of breast cancer -- Palliative care for breast cancer in the African-American population -- Outcome of African American women with breast cancer in cooperative group clinical trials -- Traditional medicine in breast cancer management with a focus on the Chinese integrative approach -- Impact of culture, education and socio-economic status -- Barriers to successful management of breast cancer.
- Breast cancer management and molecular medicine 2006, MyiLibrary
- Breast cancer research protocols 2005, Springer ProtocolsBreast tissue banking: collection, handling, storage, and release of tissue for breast cancer research / Linda Snell and Peter H. Watson -- Frozen biopsy collection and storage: frozen biopsy samples / Russell Leek -- Serial biopsies/fine-needle aspirates and their assessment / Irene Boeddinghaus and Stephen R.D. Johnson -- Breast tissue microarrays / Robert J. Springall and Cheryl E. Gillett -- Preparation of tumor homogenates for subsequent preparation of cytosols, membrane fractions, RNA, and DNA / Naomi Robertson and Russell Leek -- Isolation of RNA from tumor samples: single-step guanidinium acid-phenol method / Naomi Robertson and Russell Leek -- Isolation of DNA from tumor samples / Naomi Robertson and Russell Leek -- Laser-assisted microdissection and isolation of DNA and RNA / Ulrich Lehmann and Hans Kreipe --Fluorescence in situ hybridization and comparative genomic hybridization / Patricia Gorman and Rebecca Roylance -- Fluorescence in situ hybridization assessment of c-myc gene amplification in breast tumor tissues / Jan K. Blancato, Mary Steele Williams, and Robert B. Dickson -- Detection of HER2 gene amplification by fluorescence in situ hybridization in breast cancer / John M.S. Bartlett, and Amanda Forsyth -- In situ hybridization combined with immunohistochemistry to localize gene expression / Rosemary Jeffery, Toby Hunt, and Richard Poulsom -- Quantitation of RNA by ribonuclease protection assay / John W. Moore -- Identification of steroid hormone-regulated genes in breast cancer / Bruce R. Westley and Felicity E.B. May -- Sequencing of the tumor suppressor gene TP 53 / Barbro Linderholm, Torbjörn Norberg, and Jonas Bergh -- Expression profiling using cDNA microarrays / Chris Jones ... [et al.] -- Gene expression analysis using filter cDNA microarrays / Peter Simpson ... [et al.] --Immunohistochemistry / Cheryl E. Gillett -- Detection of aberrant glycosylation in breast cancer using lectin histochemistry / Tracey M. Carter and Susan A. Brooks -- SDS-PAGE and western blotting to detect proteins and glycoproteins of interest in breast cancer research / Chloe Osborne and Susan A. Brooks -- Breast cancer proteomics using two-dimensional electrophoresis: studying the breast cancer proteome / Miriam V. Dwek and Sarah L. Rawlings -- Procedures for the quantitative protein determination of urokinase and its inhibitor PAI-1 in human breast cancer tissue extracts using ELISA / Manfred Schmitt ... [et al.] --Methods to analyze the effects of the urokinase system on cancer cell adhesion, proliferation, migration, and signal transduction events / Ute Reuning ... [et al.] -- Phospho-specific antibodies as a tool to study in vivo regulation of BRCA1 after DNA damage / Kum Kum Khanna, Magtouf Gatei, and Gordon Tribbick -- Models of hormone resistance in vitro and in vivo / Jennifer MacGregor Schafer and V. Craig Jordan -- Generation of genetically modified embryonic stem cells for the development of knockout mouse animal model systems / Stephen D. Robinson, Stephen Wilson, and Kairbaan M. Hodivala-Dilke -- In vivo xenograft models of breast cancer metastatsis / Ursula Valentiner, Susan A. Brooks, and Udo Schumacher -- Neoadjuvant endocrine therapy models / Juliette Murray, William R. Miller, and J. Michael Dixon -- Primary mouse endothelial cell culture for assays of angiogenesis / Louise E. Reynolds and Kairbaan M. Hodivala-Dilke.Traditional and established indicators of prognosis and treatment success / Derek E. Roskell and Ian D. Buley -- Sentinel lymph node biopsy in breast cancer / Celia Chao and Kelly M. McMasters -- Pathological evaluation of axillary sentinel lymph nodes in breast cancer / Michael Z. Gilcrease and Aysegul Sahin -- Measurement of estrogen receptor status by immunocytochemistry in paraffin wax sections / Bharat Jasani ... [et al.] -- Markers of apoptosis / Falzul H. Sarkar and Yiwei Li -- Quantitative angiogenesis in breast cancer / Stephen B. Fox --
- Breast cancer risk reduction and early detection 2010, SpringerPart I. Prevention -- Risk Factors / Polly A. Newcomb and Karen J. Wernli -- Lifestyle Factors and Risk of Breast Cancer: A Review of Randomized Trial Findings / Garnet L. Anderson -- Breast Cancer Chemoprevention / Mary B. Daly -- Surgical Management of Inherited Susceptibility to Breast Cancer / Francis Freisinger and Susan M. Domchek -- Part II. Early Detection -- Clinical Breast Examination and Breast Self-Examination / William H. Goodson -- Mammography / Barbara C. Cavanaugh and Sorcha McNally -- Current Status and Future Prospects in Breast Carcinoma of Positron Emission Tomography / Sandip Basu, Joshua I. Rosenbaum and Abass Alavi -- Breast MRI / Barbara C. Cavanaugh and Sorcha McNally -- Genetic and Molecular Approaches to Imaging Breast Cancer / Eric Wickstrom and Mathew L. Thakur -- Intraductal Approaches: Nipple Aspirate Fluid to Assist in Breast Cancer Detection / Edward R. Sauter -- Intraductal Approaches: Mammary Ductoscopy and Ductal Lavage to Assist in the Diagnosis of Breast Cancer / William C. Dooley -- Blood Markers / Mark W. Duncan -- Circulating Tumor Cells in Breast Cancer / Michail Ignatiadis and Dimitris Mavroudis.
- Breast cancer, a heterogeneous disease entity 2011, Springer
- Breast cancer. 2nd ed. 2008, Springer
- Breast carcinoma 2008, Springer
- Breast imaging. 3rd ed. 2007, OvidBreast anatomy and basic histology, physiology, and pathology -- A pathologist's overview of the pathology of breast disease / Joseph Rabban -- Epidemiology, etiology, risk factors, and survival from breast cancer -- Screening for breast cancer -- Radiation risk -- Staging breast cancer -- Ductal carcinoma in situ and early-stage breast cancer: detection, diagnosis, and prognostic indicators -- Mammography: equipment and basic physics -- Quality assurance and quality control / Debra Deibel -- Mammographic positioning -- A systematic approach to breast imaging -- Mammography and the normal breast -- Interpreting the mammogram -- Benign lesions -- Probably benign findings appropriately managed with short-interval follow-up --Suspicious lesions and lesions with a high probability of malignancy -- Breast ultrasound -- The altered breast: pregnancy, lactation, abscess, post biopsy changes, mastectomy, radiation, and implants -- The male breast -- Magnetic resonance imaging of the breast / Carol A. Hulka and Daniel B. Kopans -- Evaluating women with lumps, thickening, discharge or pain: imaging women with signs or symptoms that might indicate breast cancer -- Image sequencing: problems and solutions in breast evaluation -- Histological, pathological and imaging correlation -- Interventional procedures in the breast -- The breast imaging report: data management and the breast imaging audit -- The medical-legal problem and breast imaging -- Digital mammography -- Digital breast tomosynthesis -- Cytopathology.
- Breast MRI 2005, Springer
- Breast MRI 2008, Springer
- Breast surgical techniques and interdisciplinary management 2011, SpringerPt. 1. Fundamentals -- pt. 2. Biologic principles -- pt. 3. Initial evaluation of the patient -- pt. 4. Common presenting complaints and concerns -- pt. 5. Diagnostic techniques -- pt. 6. Breast cancer overview -- pt. 7. Breast surgery : management of the primary tumor -- pt. 8. Breast surgery : sentinel node biopsy and axillary dissection -- pt. 9. Breast surgery : special issues -- pt. 10. Cytology and pathology -- pt. 11. Systemic therapy for breast cancer -- pt. 12. Radiation therapy of the breast -- pt. 13. The breast cancer survivor.
- Breast ultrasound 2013, SpringerDiagnosis of breast cancer: modern aspects -- Technique of breast ultrasound -- Ultrasound of the normal breast -- Ultrasound diagnosis of breast cancer -- Classification of breast masses -- Ultrasound features of different types of breast cancer -- Differential diagnosis of breast diseases -- Age-related changes in breast structure: breast ultrasound in children and adolescents -- Breast pathology in men -- Ultrasound examination of regional lymph nodes -- Ultrasound examination after breast surgery -- Recurrent breast cancer.
- Burkitt's lymphoma 2013, Springer
- Camptothecins in cancer therapy 2005, SpringerMechanism of action of topoisomerase I poisons / Leroy F. Liu and Shyamal D. Desai -- Crystallographic insight into the mechanism of drug-induced topoisomerase I DNA damage / Alex B. Burgin, Jr., Bart L. Staker, and Lance Stewart -- Inhibitors of topoisomerase I function / Sidney M. Hecht -- Cytotoxic mechanisms of the topoisomerase I inhibitors / Yves Pommier ... [et al.] -- Biochemical and genetic analyses of DNA topoisomerase I-mediated DNA damage / Robert C.A.M. Van Waardenburg and Mary-Ann Bjornsti -- Preclinical models for evaluating topoisomerase-I targeted drugs / Aarti S. Juvekar ... [et al.] -- Mechanisms of resistance to camptothecins / Zeshaan A. Rasheed and Eric H. Rubin -- Recent advances in camptothecin drug design and delivery strategies / Thomas G. Burke ... [et al.] -- Clinical experience with 9-aminocamptothecin: lessons for new drug development / Chris H. Takimoto -- Clinical studies of rubitecan (9-nitro 20(s) camptothecin) / Hilary Hewes, Judith A. Smith, and Claire Verschraegen -- Irinotecan: current clinical status and pharmacological aspects / Laurent P. Rivory -- Clinical experience with topotecan / Aimee K. Bence and Val R. Adams -- The clinical development of lurtotecan: experience with water-soluble and liposomal forms / Keith T. Flaherty ... [et al.] -- Preclinical and clinical development of dx-8951f (exatecan mesylate): a hexacyclic camptothecin analog / Eric K. Rowinsky -- Camptothecins in the treatment of primary brain tumors / Clinton F. Stewart, Markos Leggas, and Henry S. Friedman -- Camptothecins in the treatment of lung cancer / Pankaj Kumar ... [et al.] -- Use of camptothecins in the treatment of leukemia and related disorders / Bejamin M.F. Mow and Scott H. Kaufmann.
- Cancer 2006, Springer
- Cancer and aging 2013, KargerChronic mechanistic target of rapamycin inhibition : preventing cancer to delay aging, or vice versa? / Sharp, Z.D.; Curiel, T.J.; Livi, C. -- Senescent cells and their secretory phenotype as targets for cancer therapy / Velarde, M.C.; Demaria, M.; Campisi, J. -- Cancer vaccination at older age / Gravekamp, C. -- Immunology of aging and cancer development / Fulop, T. ... [et al.] -- Metabolic syndrome and cancer : from bedside to bench and back / Extermann, M. -- Frailty : a common pathway in aging and cancer / Balducci, L. -- Targeting age-related changes in the biology of acute myeloid leukemia : is the patient seeing the progress? / Vey, N. -- Comprehensive geriatric assessment in oncology / Mohile, S.G.; Magnuson, A. -- Pharmacology of aging and cancer : how useful are pharmacokinetic tests? / Lichtman, S.M. -- Surgery in older cancer patients : recent results and new techniques : worth the investment? / Van Leeuwen, B.L.; Huisman, M.G.; Audisio, R.A. -- Organizing the geriatrician/oncologist partnership : one size fits all? practical solutions / Holmes, H.M.; Albrand, G. -- Geriatric oncology nursing : beyond standard care / Overcash, J. -- Exercise for older cancer patients : feasible and helpful? / Klepin, H.D.; Mohile, S.G. ; Mihalko, S. -- Aging and cancer : addressing a nation's challenge / Brochot, J.-M.; Le Quellec-Nathan, M.; Buzyn, A.
- Cancer and energy balance 2010, Springer1. Obesity and Cancer Epidemiology -- 2. Obesity and Cancer: Epidemiology in Racial/Ethnic Minorities -- 3. Obesity and Cancer in Asia -- 4. Genetic Epidemiology of Obesity and Cancer -- 5. Obesity and Cancer: Overview of Mechanisms -- 6. Caloric Restriction and Cancer -- 7. Physical Activity and Cancer -- 8. Energy Balance, Cancer Prognosis, and Survivorship -- 9. Behavior, Energy Balance, and Cancer: An Overview -- 10. Geographic and Contextual Effects on Energy Balance-Related Behaviors and Cancer.
- Cancer and IgE 2010, Springer
- Cancer and pregnancy 2008, Springer
- Cancer and sexual health 2011, Springer
- Cancer and the environment 2002, NAP
- Cancer and the search for selective biochemical inhibitors. 2nd ed. 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Cancer associated viruses 2012, SpringerPeyton Rous: A Centennial Tribute to the Founding Father of Cancer Virology --Viruses and Cancer: A Historical Perspective - HBV and Prevention of a Cancer --Virus-Mediated Cell Proliferation --Viral-Encoded Genes and Cancer --Oncogenic Viruses and Cancer Transmission --DNA Viruses and Cancer: Taking a Broader Look --Herpesviruses and Cancer --Lymphocryptoviruses: EBV and Its Role in Human Cancer --Nonhuman Primate Gamma-herpesviruses and Their Role in Cancer --Rhadinoviruses: KSHV and Associated Malignancies --Retroperitoneal Fibromatosis Herpesvirus and Kaposi's Sarcoma-Like Tumors in Macaques --Murine Gammaherpesvirus-Associated Tumorigenesis --Marek's Disease Virus-Induced T-Cell Lymphomas --Polyomaviruses and Cancer --Polyomavirus SV40: Model Infectious Agent of Cancer --BK Polyomavirus and Transformation --Polyomavirus JC and Human Cancer: Possible Role of Stem Cells in Pathogenesis --Merkel Cell Polyomavirus --Human Papillomaviruses and Cancer --Tumorigenesis by Adenovirus Type 12 E1A --Overview of Hepatitis Viruses and Cancer --Hepadnaviruses and Hepatocellular Carcinoma --Hepatitis C Virus and Hepatocellular Carcinoma --Human and Animal Retroviruses: HIV-1 Infection Is a Risk Factor for Malignancy --HTLV-1 and Oncogenesis --Human T-Cell Leukemia Virus Type 2 (HTLV-2) Biology and Pathogenesis --Mechanisms of Oncogenesis by Avian and Murine Retroviruses --Rous Sarcoma Virus: Contributions of a Chicken Virus to Tumor Biology, Human Cancer Therapeutics, and Retrovirology --Mouse Mammary Tumor Virus and Cancer --Jaagsiekte Sheep Retrovirus and Lung Cancer --Small RNAs and Their Role in Herpesvirus-Mediated Cancers --Viral Malignancies in HIV-Associated Immune Deficiency.
- Cancer cell culture 2004, Springer Protocols
- Cancer cell signaling 2002, Springer Protocols
- Cancer chemotherapy and biotherapy. 5th ed. 2011, OvidClinical strategies for cancer treatment: the role of drugs -- Target identification and drug discovery -- Clinical drug development and marketing approval -- Principles of pharmacokinetics -- Delivering anticancer drugs to brain tumors -- Pharmacogenetics -- Physical barriers to drug delivery -- Antifolates -- 5-fluoropyrimidines -- Cytidine analogues -- Purine antimetabolites -- Hydroxyurea -- Antimitotic drugs -- Alkylating agents -- Platinum analogues -- Bleomycin and other antitumor antibiotics -- Topoisomerase I-targeting drugs -- Topoisomerase II inhibitors: anthracyclines -- Topoisomerase II inhibitors: the epipodophyllotoxins -- Asparaginase -- Proteasome inhibitors -- Histone deacetylase inhibitors in oncology -- Differentiating agents -- Arsenic trioxide -- Antibodies -- Inhibitors of tumor angiogenesis -- Epidermal growth factor receptor inhibitors -- HER2 inhibitors -- Molecular targeted drugs -- Signaling inhibitors: IGFR, PI3K pathway, embryonic signaling inhibitors, and mitotic kinase inhibitors -- Cytokine therapy for cancer -- Cancer vaccines -- Adoptive cellular therapies -- Thalidomide and its analogs in the treatment of hematologic malignancies, including multiple myeloma, and solid tumors -- Hormonal therapy of breast cancer -- Hormone therapy for prostate cancer -- Drug therapy of pain in cancer patients -- Hematopoietic growth factors -- Antinausea medications -- Bisphosphonates and other bone-targeted therapies -- Intravenous access and catheter management -- Late effects of cancer chemotherapy -- Infertility after cancer chemotherapy.
- Cancer chemotherapy in clinical practice 2008, Springer
- Cancer chemotherapy in clinical practice. 2nd ed. 2012, SpringerA simple introduction explaining the broad principles underlying chemotherapy, this book gives trainees a framework within which they can place the specific aspects of cancer chemotherapy they encounter in their everyday experience. The first part of this book is unique in explaining the recent developments in the field in terms of their point of action in the natural history of cancer. The second and third sections contain a more straightforward description of practical aspects of chemotherapy, and the current place of drug treatment in everyday cancer management, including the outcomes of that treatment.
- Cancer clinical trials 2007, SpringerHistorical perspective and evolving concerns for human research / Bernard Lo and Nesrin Garan -- Cancer trials and the Institutional Review Board (IRB) / Scott Kurtzman and Zita Lazzarini -- NCI's cancer therapy evaluation program: a commitment to treatment trials / Jeffrey S. Abrams, Anthony Murgo and Michaele C. Christian -- Practical guide for cancer clinical investigators / Steven Hirschfeld -- The role of cooperative groups in cancer clinical trials / Ann M. Mauer, Elizabeth S. Rich and Richard L. Schilsky -- The advocate role in clinical study development and partnering with patient advocates in your local institution / Barbara Parker -- The National Breast Cancer Coalition: setting the standard for advocate collaboration in clinical trials / Fran Visco -- The role of the principal investigator in cancer clinical trials / Stanley P.L. Leong -- The audit process and how to ensure a successful audit / Y. Nancy You, Lisa Jacobs, Elizabeth Martinez and David M. Ota -- The privacy rule (HIPAA) as it relates to clinical research / John M. Harrelson and John M. Falletta -- The Commission on Cancer, American College of Surgeons' response to HIPAA / E. Greer Gay -- Ethical and legal issues in the conduct of cancer clinical trials / Gerianne J. Sands and Peggy A. Means -- The role of the Office of Research Integrity in cancer clinical trials / Peter Abbrecht, Nancy Davidian, Samuel Merrill and Alan R. Price -- Strategies for the administration of a clinical trial infrastructure: lessons from a comprehensive cancer center / Leonard A. Zwelling and Carleen A Brunelli -- The clinical research process: building a system in harmony with its users / Greg Koski -- Cancer research and clinical trial in action: an important exercise before you embark on your study / Stanley P.L. Leong, Larry Carbone and Scott Kurtzman.
- Cancer drug resistance 2006, Springer
- Cancer epidemiology v. 1-2, 2009, Springer Protocolsv. 2, 2009 Springer Protocolsv. 1. Host susceptibility factors -- v. 2. Modifiable factors.
- Cancer epigenetics 2009, CRCnetBASEThe role of epigenetics in cancer / Trygve O. Tollefsbol -- DNA hypomethylation in cancer / Peter L. Molloy -- DNA hypermethylation in oncogenesis / J. Tyson DeAngelis ... [et al.] -- Imprinting alterations in tumorigenesis / Jeremiah Bernier-Latmani and Phillip Shaw -- Proteins that modulate DNA methylation aberrations in cancer / Sabrina L. Walthall ... [et al.] -- The role of DNA methylation in cancer progression / Sang-Woon Choi and Simonetta Friso -- Alterations in histone acetylation in tumorigenesis / Sabita N. Saldanha and Trygve O. Tollefsbol -- Histone methylation and the initiation of cancer / Shi Huang -- The role of sirtuins in aging and tumorigenesis / Xiaohong Zhang ... [et al.] -- Proteins that alter histone modifications in cancer / Ada Ao and Jianrong Lu -- Dietary and environmental influences on histone modifications in cancer / Sabita N. Saldanha ... [et al.] -- Noncoding RNAs in cancer / Maciej Szymanski and Jan Barciszewski -- Cancer-linked DNA hyper- and hypomethylation: chromosome positional effects / Melanie Ehrlich -- Chromatin remodeling and cancer / Sari Pennings and Richard R. Meehan --Poly-ADP-ribosylation in cancer / Rajeshwar N. Sharan -- Polycomb group proteins in tumorigenesis / Hanneke E.C. Niessen and Jan Willem Voncken -- Cancer and aging: the epigenetic connection / Craig A. Cooney -- DNA methylation in tumor diagnosis / Kavitha Ramachandran, Edna Gordian, and Rakesh Singal -- DNA methylation profiles as prognostic markers for cancer / Sam Thiagalingam and Panagiotis Papageorgis -- Diagnosing cancer using histone modification analysis / Mukesh Verma and Deepak Kumar -- Histone modifications in cancer biology and prognosis / Matthew A. McBrian, David B. Seligson, and Siavash K. Kurdistani -- Histone deacetylase inhibitors in cancer therapy / Aaron M. Sargeant ... [et al.] -- Methylation changes in neoplasia: diagnostic and therapeutic implications / Eleftheria Hatzimichael, Justin Stebbing, and Tim Crook -- Clinical trials and approved drugs for epigenetic cancer therapy / Debby M.E.I. Hellebrekers and Manon van Engeland -- Future directions in epigenetic cancer research / Jacob Peedicayil.
- Cancer gene therapy 2005, SpringerCancer gene therapy : historical perspective / Malcolm K. Brenner -- The genetic basis of cancer / Akseli Hemminki and Kari Hemminki -- Tumor suppressor gene replacement for cancer / Jack A. Roth and Susan F. Grammer -- Antisense technology / Ruiwen Zhang and Hui Wang -- Cancer therapeutic applications of ribozymes and RNAi / Lisa Scherer and John J. Rossi -- Fusogeneic membrane glycoproteins for cancer gene therapy : a better class of killer / Andrew Bateman ... [et al.] -- Suicide gene therapy / Caroline J. Springer and Ion Niculescu-Duvaz -- Molecular chemotherapy approaches / Daniel H. Palmer and David J. Kerr -- Genetic immunotherapy approaches / Denise R. Shaw and Albert F. LoBuglio -- Immunotherapy of cancer by dendritic cell-targeted : gene transfer / Tanja D. de Gruijl, Herbert M. Pinedo, and Rik J. Scheper -- Dendritic cells / Weiping Zou, Shuang Wei and Tyler J. Curiel --Polynucleotide immunization for cancer therapy / Theresa V. Strong -- Development of oncolytic replication-competent herpes simplex virus vectors: the G207 paradigm / Tomoki Todo and Samuel D. Rabkin -- Development of oncolytic adenoviruses : from the lab bench to the bedside / John A. Howe, Robert Ralston, and Murali Ramachandra -- Conditionally replicating adenoviruses for cancer treatment / Ramon Alemany -- Reovirus as an oncolytic agent / Megan K. Patrick, Kara L. Norman, and Patrick W. K. Lee -- Antiangiogenic gene therapy of cancer / Steve Gyorffy ... [et al.] -- Proapoptotic strategy in cancer gene therapy / David H. Holman ... [et al.] -- Antimetastasis / Duen-Hwa Yan, Kung-Ming Rau, and Mien-Chie Hung -- Antimetastatic gene therapy : prostate cancer theory to therapy / Thomas A. Gardner ... [et al.] --Drug-resistance gene transfer as an antitumor strategy / Colin L. Sweeney and R. Scott McIvor -- Chemosensitization / Per Eystein Lønning -- Radiosensitization by gene therapy / Steven J. Chmura, Michael Garofalo, and Ralph R. Weichselbaum -- Nonviral vector systems for cancer gene therapy / Greg F. Walker and Ernst Wagner -- Viral vectors for cancer gene therapy / Joanne T. Douglas and David T. Curiel -- Bacterial systems for tumor-specific gene therapy / J. Martin Brown ... [et al.] -- Molecular imaging of cancer gene therapy / Harvey R. Herschman -- Cancer-related gene therapy clinical trials / Robert J. Korst and Ronald G. Crystal -- Regulatory aspects in the development of gene therapies / Rosemarie Aurigemma ... [et al.].
- Cancer genetics 2010, Springer
- Cancer genome and tumor microenvironment 2010, Springer
- Cancer genomics and proteomics 2007, Springer ProtocolsReciprocal subtraction differential RNA display (RSDD) : an efficient technology for cloning differentially expressed genes / Devanand Sarkar, Dong-chul Kang, and Paul B. Fisher -- Cloning differentially expressed genes using rapid subtraction hybridization (RaSH) / Habib Boukerche ... [et al.] -- The application of differential display as a gene profiling tool / Ken Chien-Neng Chang ... [et al.] -- Serial analysis of gene expression (SAGE) / Fred van Ruissen and Frank Baas -- Gene expression profile analysis of tumors / Katia Basso and Riccardo Dalla-Favera -- cDNA microarray and bioinformatic analysis of nuclear factor [kappa]B related genes in squamous cell carcinoma / Zhong Chen ... [et al.] -- Gene profiling uncovers retinoid target genes / Yan Ma ... [et al.] -- Complete open reading frame (C-ORF) technique : rapid and efficient method for obtaining complete protein coding sequences / Dong-chul Kang and Paul B. Fisher -- Chromatin immunoprecipitation assays : molecular analysis of chromatin modification and gene regulation / Piyali Dasgupta and Srikumar P. Chellappan -- Manipulating genes and gene copy number by bacterial artificial chromosome transfection / Stephanie F. Phelps, Sharon Illenye, and Nicholas H. Heintz -- Molecular cytogenetic applications in analysis of the cancer genome / Pulivarthi H. Rao, Subhadra V. Nandula, and Vundavalli V. Murty -- Monitoring methylation and gene expression in cancer / Hetty Carraway and James Herman -- The use of phage display peptide libraries for basic and translational research / Renee Brissette and Neil I. Goldstein -- Yeast and mammalian two-hybrid systems for studying protein-protein interactions / Shu-ichi Matsuzawa and John C. Reed -- Ribonomic and short hairpin RNA gene silencing methods to explore functional gene programs associated with tumor growth arrest / Timothy E. Baroni ... [et al.] -- Surface-epitope masking (SEM) : an immunological subtraction approach for developing monoclonal antibodies targeting surface-expressed molecules / Neil I. Goldstein and Paul B. Fisher -- Approaches for monitoring signal transduction changes in normal and cancer cells / Paul Dent ... [et al.] -- PKR in innate immunity, cancer, and viral oncolysis / Siddharth Balachandran and Glen N. Barber -- Analysis of transformation and tumorigenicity using mouse embryonic fibroblast cells / Hong Sun and Reshma Taneja -- Analysis of growth properties and cell cycle regulation using mouse embryonic fibroblast cells / Hong Sun, Neriman Tuba Gulbagci, and Reshma Taneja -- Reverse phase protein microarrays for monitoring biological responses / Virginia Espina ... [et al.] -- Protein crystallization / Champion Deivanayagam, William J. Cook, and Mark R. Walter.
- Cancer grading manual. 2nd ed. 2013, SpringerThis is the second edition of a practice-oriented, well-illustrated manual on the microscopic grading of tumors. After an introduction on the history and basic tenets of tumor grading, subsequent chapters focus on specific organ systems. In each case, the most widely used system for grading common tumors is presented and discussed. Throughout, careful attention is paid to the principles of microscopic tumor grading, ancillary methods to improve grading, and the latest techniques used in evaluating tumors and formulating prognosis.
- Cancer immunology and immunotherapy 2011, SpringerImmune infiltration in human cancer : prognostic significance and disease control / Wolf H. Fridman ... [et al.] -- Subversion and coercion : the art of redirecting tumor immune surveillance / John B. Mumm and Martin Oft -- STAT3 : a target to enhance antitumor immune response / Heehyoung Lee ... [et al.] -- Biology and clinical observations of regulatory T cells in cancer immunology / Michele W. Teng ... [et al.] -- Concepts and ways to amplify the antitumor immune response / Bent Rubin and Jean Edouard Gairin -- Angiogenesis and the tumor vasculature as antitumor immune modulators : the role of vascular endothelial growth factor and endothelin / Lana E. Kandalaft ... [et al.] -- Adoptive cellular therapy / Stephen A. Grupp and Carl H. June -- Dendritic cell subsets as vectors and targets for improved cancer therapy / Karolina Palucka ... [et al.] -- Identification of human idiotype-specific T cells in lymphoma and myeloma / Jinsheng Weng ... [et al.] -- Modulation of CTLA-4 and GITR for Cancer Immunotherapy / Francesca Avogadri ... [et al.] -- Immunobiology of cancer therapies targeting CD137 and B7-H1/PD-1 cosignal pathways / Shengdian Wang and Lieping Chen -- LAG-3 in cancer immunotherapy / Monica V. Goldberg and Charles G. Drake -- Immunologically active biomaterials for cancer therapy / Omar A. Ali and David J. Mooney -- Erratum : Identification of human idiotype-specific T cells in lymphoma and myeloma / Jinsheng Weng ... [et al.].
- Cancer in adolescents and young adults 2007, SpringerIntroduction / W. Archie Bleyer ... [et al.] -- History of adolescent oncology / Cameron K. Tebbi -- Epidemiology and etiology of cancer in adolescents and young adults / Jillian M. Birch and W. Archie Bleyer -- Access to care before and during therapy / Karen H. Albritton and Tim Eden -- Older adolescents and young adults with cancer, and clinical trials: lack of participation and progress in North America / W. Archie Bleyer, Troy Budd, and Michael Montello -- Acute lymphoblastic leukemia / James Nachman, Giuseppe Masera, and W. Archie Bleyer -- Acute myelogenous leukemia / Ursula Creutzig and William G. Woods -- Hodgkin lymphoma / Tanya M. Trippett ... [et al.] -- Non-hodgkin lymphoma / Catherine Patte, W. Archie Bleyer, and Mitchell S. Cairo -- Central nervous system tumors in adolescents and young adults / David A. Walker ... [et al.] -- Soft-tissue sarcomas / Karen H. Albritton, Andrea Ferrari, and Michela Casanova -- Bone sarcomas / Michael S. Isakoff ... [et al.] -- Malignancies of the ovary / Jubilee Brown, Thomas Olson, and Susan Sencer -- Testicuar tumors / John W. Cullen and Robert Fallon -- Non-germ-cell genitourinary tract tumors / Michael Leahy and W. Archie Bleyer -- Thyroid cancer / Steven G. Waguespack and Samuel A. Wells --Malignant melanoma / Cynthia E. Herzog, W. Archie Bleyer, and Alberto S. Pappo -- Breast cancer / Marianne Phillips, Banu Arun, and W. Archie Bleyer -- Liver tumors / Marcio H. Malogolowkin, Arthur Zimmermann, and Jack Plaschkes -- Colorectal cancer / Wayne L. Furman, D. Ashley Hill, and Michael LaQuaglia -- Models of care and specialized units / Ian Lewis and Sue Morgan -- Drug compliance by adolescent and young adult cancer patients: challenges for the physician / Benjamin Gesundheit ... [et al.] -- Psychological support for adolescents and young adults / Christine Eiser and Aura Kuperberg -- Psychosocial support / Brad J. Zebrack, Mark A. Chesler, and Anthony Penn -- Health-related quality of life / Ernest R. Katz ... [et al.] -- Rehabilitation and exercise / Marilyn J. Wright -- Adolescent and young adult cancer survivors: late effects of treatment / Smita Bhatia ... [et al.] -- Ethical issues for the adolescent and young adult cancer patient: assent and end-of-life care / Susan Shurin and Eric Kodish -- Access to care after therapy / Karen E. Kinahan ... [et al.] -- Future health of survivors of adolescent and young adult cancer / Melissa M. Hudson and Kevin C. Oeffinger -- Information and resources for young adults and adolescents with cancer / David R. Freyer and Leonard J. Mattano -- Making ends meet: financial issues from the perspectives of patients and their healthcare team / David R. Freyer and Ronald D. Barr -- Challenges and opportunities - the way ahead / W. Archie Bleyer ... [et al.].
- Cancer informatics in the post genomic era 2007, Springer
- Cancer management in man 2011, SpringerThis book represents a comprehensive description and evaluation of the most up-to-date approaches to cancer management. Each chapter, prepared by leading basic researchers and clinicians, provides an in depth description of a specific method for cancer management. The chemotherapy section of the book is updated to include the newest drugs as well as those currently in development. Organized by drug class, this section provides the latest information on most drugs, including their mechanisms of action, interactions with other agents, toxicities, side effects, and mechanisms of resistance.
- Print MaterialCancer biology -- Cancer immunology -- Cancer etiology -- Cancer epidemiology, prevention, and screening -- Clinical trials and outcomes assessment -- Cancer pathology -- Imaging -- Surgical oncology -- Radiation oncology -- Medical oncology -- Chemotherapy -- Chemotherapeutic agents -- Biotherapeutics -- Endocrine therapy -- Gene therapy -- Bone marrow transplantation -- Psycho-oncology -- Oncology nursing -- Cancer rehabilitation medicine -- Multidisciplinary management -- Pain and palliation -- Societal oncology -- Central nervous system -- The Eye -- Endocrine glands -- Head and neck -- The Thorax -- Gastrointestinal tract -- Genitourinary tract -- Female reproductive organs -- The Breast -- The Skin -- Bone and soft tissue -- Hematopoietic system -- Neoplasms in AIDS --- Unknown primary site -- Pediatric oncology -- Complications of cancer and their treatment -- Infection in the cancer patient -- Oncologic emergencies -- Oncology and informatics.
- Cancer medicine. 8. 8th ed. 2010, STAT!Ref
- Cancer metastasis and the lymphovascular system 2007, Springer
- Cancer microenvironment and therapeutic implications 2009, Springer
- Cancer nanotechnology 2013, CRCnetBASEBasic principles of radiation therapy of cancers / Laurence Court and Radhe Mohan -- Biological principles of radiosensitization / Vikas Bhardwaj ... [et al.] -- Principles and applications of hyperthermia combined with radiation / Mark Hurwitz -- Synthesis and surface modification of nanomaterials for tumor targeting / Glenn Goodrich -- Safety concerns for nanomaterials in nanomedicinal applications / Qingxin Mu ... [et al.] -- Imaging with nanoparticles / Amit Joshi -- Optical microscopy of plasmonic nanoparticles / Varun P. Pattani and James Tunnell -- X-ray fluorescence computed tomography imaging of nanoparticles / Bernard L. Jones and Sang Hyun Cho -- Gold nanoparticle-mediated radiosensitization / Devika B. Chithrani -- Quantification of gold nanoparticle-mediated radiation dose enhancement / Sang Hyun Cho and Bernard L. Jones -- Semiconductor nanomaterials for radiotherapy / Ke Sheng -- Radioactive gold nanoparticle for tumor therapy / Raghuraman Kannan, Kattesh V. Katti, and Cathy Cutler -- Nanoparticles for the selective radioprotection of normal tissues / Jacob M. Berlin and Kathy A. Mason -- Gold nanoparticle-mediated hyperthermia in cancer therapy / Dev K. Chatterjee and Sunil Krishnan -- Magnetic resonance thermometry imaging for gold nanoparticle-mediated thermal therapy / R. Jason Stafford and John D. Hazle -- Modeling of plasmonic heat generation from gold nanoparticles / Francisco Reynoso and Sang Hyun Cho -- Carbon nanotubes for thermal therapy / Ravi N. Singh ... [et al.] -- Regulatory issues for clinical translations / J. Donald Payne -- Clinical translations of nanotechnology : present and future outlook / Dev K. Chatterjee, Sang Hyun Cho, and Sunil Krishnan.
- Cancer neurology in clinical practice. 2nd ed. 2008, SpringerOverview -- Diagnostic studies -- Neurologic symptoms -- Direct complications of cancer -- Indirect complications of cancer -- Complications of cancer therapy -- Neurologic complications of specific malignancies.
- Cancer of the testis 2010, SpringerThe book covers the complete field of testis cancer including the germ cell tumors and the stromal tumors, from epidemiology to new chemotherapeutic agents and schedules, throughout genetic features, risk factors, risk adapted treatments, role of different types of surgery and special clinical situations. Special attention is focused on fertility issues, late effects of the primary therapy and the economical aspects of the different treatment policies. As a result of the third Consensus Conference, a consensual follow-up can be devised and a chapter dedicated to this controversial and not yet defined matter.
- Cancer pain 2013, SpringerCancer remains a major challenge for medicine and it continues to claim lives and cause great suffering. Pain is a symptom experienced by most cancer patients regardless of disease stage, and less than 50% of cancer pain patients achieve effective pain and symptom control though available therapies. If these therapies are utilized correctly, many more patients can achieve effective control. While opioids are still seen as the mainstay of cancer pain treatment, it is necessary to examine whether this treatment strategy still holds true in the 21st century. Cancer Pain provides a comprehensive, up-to-date, practical guide to the management of pain in cancer patients. The book provides a clear, concise explanation of cancer pain syndromes, a modern understanding of the pathophysiological mechanism and an overview of recent developments in creating pre-clinical cancer pain models. It offers the reader the wide and improved options for management of cancer pain in clinical practice, including the use of opioid and non-opioid drugs, and defines the role of non-pharmacological methods for pain control. Cancer Pain also provides an overview of the latest developments in the management of cancer, which have major implications for the current and future thinking in cancer pain treatment strategy. This text is an invaluable resource for doctors, trainees and clinical nurse specialists in palliative medicine and oncology, and would be of interest to anyone who wishes to gain a better understanding of the complex nature of cancer pain and the tools available to alleviate it.
- Cancer prevention 2007, Springer
- Cancer prevention and management through exercise and weight control 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Cancer prevention II 2009, Springer
- Cancer proteomics 2008, SpringerProteomics technologies -- Cell signaling proteomics -- Tumor proteomics -- Bioinformatics and regulatory aspects of proteomics.
- Cancer stem cells 2007, Springer
- Cancer stem cells in solid tumors 2011, SpringerCancer stem cells : historical perspectives and lessons from leukemia / Christopher R. Cogle -- Cancer stem cells in breast cancer / Jenny E. Chu and Alison L. Allan -- Cancer stem cells in brain cancer / Xin Wang, Chitra Venugopal, and Sheila K. Singh -- Cancer stem cells in colorectal cancer / Mauro Biffoni, Eros Fabrizi, and Lucia Ricci-Vitiani -- Cancer stem cells in pancreatic cancer / Jorge Dorado, Alicia G. Serrano, and Christopher Heeschen -- Cancer stem cells in prostate cancer / Paula Kroon ... [et al.] -- Cancer stem cells in melanoma / Ping Jin ... [et al.] -- Cancer stem cells in lung cancer / Jun Shen and Feng Jiang -- Cancer stem cells in ovarian cancer / Fang Fang ... [et al.] -- Cancer stem cells in hepatocellular cancer / Russell C. Langan and Itzhak Avital -- Cancer stem cells in head and neck cancer / Mark E.P. Prince and Samantha J. Davis -- Relationship between regulatory pathways in pluripotent stem cells and human tumors / Olga Gaidarenko and Yang Xu -- Influence of the embryonic microenvironment on tumor progression / Daniela Quail ... [et al.] -- The epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition and cancer stem cells / Jonas Fuxe -- Application of stem cell assays for the characterization of cancer stem cells / Pamela M. Willan and Gillian Farnie -- Zebrafish as a model to study stem cells in development, disease, and cancer / Viviana Anelli, Cristina Santoriello, and Marina C. Mione -- Imaging cancer stem cells / Paula Foster -- Mouse models for studying normal and cancer stem cells / David A. Hess -- Cancer stem cells and disease prognosis / Zeshaan A. Rasheed, Jeanne Kowalski, and William H. Matsui -- Mechanisms of radioresistance in cancer stem cells / Cleo Y-F Lee and Maximilian Diehn -- The role of ABC transporters in cancer stem cell drug resistance / Vera S. Donnenberg, Ludovic Zimmerlin, and Albert D. Donnenberg -- Resistance to endocrine therapy in breast cancer : are breast cancer stem cells implicated? / Ciara S. O'Brien ... [et al.] -- Future directions : cancer stem cells as therapeutic targets / Alysha K. Croker and Alison L. Allan -- Final thoughts : complexity and controversy surrounding the "cancer stem cell" paradigm / Craig Gedye, Richard P. Hill, and Laurie Ailles.
- Cancer survivorship 2007, SpringerCancer survivors: a physician's perspective / Patricia A. Ganz -- Cancer survivorship: a nursing perspective / Susan Leigh -- Oncology social work for survivorship / Patricia Fobair -- Survivorship research: past, present, and future / Julia H. Rowland -- Surveillance after primary therapy / Craig C. Earle -- Late effects of cancer treatments / Noreen M. Aziz -- Medical and psychosocial issues in childhood cancer survivors / Smita Bhatia ... [et al.] -- Medical and psychosocial issues in Hodgkin's disease survivors / Jon Håvard Loge and Stein Kaasa -- Medical and psychosocial issues in testicular cancer survivors / S.D. Fosså, L.B. Travis, and A.A. Dahl -- Medical and psychosocial issues in gynecologic cancer survivors / Karen Basen-Engquist and Diane C. Bodurka -- Medical, psychosocial, and health-related quality of life issues in breast cancer survivors / Julie Lemieux, Louise J. Bordeleau, and Pamela J. Goodwin -- Medical and psychosocial issues in prostate cancer survivors / Tracey L. Krupski and Mark S. Litwin -- Physical and psychosocial issues in lung cancer survivors / Linda Sarna, Frederic W. Grannis, and Anne Coscarelli -- Cancer survivorship issues in colorectal cancer / Clifford Y. Ko and Patricia A. Ganz -- Medical and psychosocial issues in transplant survivors / Karen L. Syrjala ... [et al.] -- Cancer survivorship issues in older adults / Karim S. Malek and Rebecca A. Silliman -- Second malignancies after radiation treatment and chemotherapy for primary cancers / Lydia B. Zablotska, Matthew J. Matasar, and Alfred I. Neugut -- Psychosocial rehabilitation in cancer care / Richard P. McQuellon and Suzanne C. Danhauer -- Reproductive complications and sexual dysfunction in cancer survivors / Leslie R. Schover -- The employment and insurance concerns of cancer survivors / Barbara Hoffman -- Cancer advocacy / Ellen L. Stovall -- The survivorship care plan: what, why, how, and for whom / Craig C. Earle ... [et al.]
- Cancer survivorship research and education 2008, Springer
- Cancer susceptibility 2010, Springer Protocols
- Cancer systems biology 2010, CRCnetBASEA roadmap of cancer systems biology / Edwin Wang -- Network biology : the framework of systems biology / Jing-Dong Han -- Reconstructing gene networks using gene expression profiles / Mario Lauria and Diego di Bernardo -- Understanding cancer progression in protein interaction networks / Jinsheng Sun, Jie Li, and Edwin Wang -- From tumor genome sequencing to cancer signaling maps / Cong Fu and Edwin Wang -- Ubiquitin-mediated regulation of human signaling networks in normal and cancer cells / Cong Fu, Jie Li, and Edwin Wang -- MicroRNA regulation of networks of normal and cancer cells / Pradeep Kumar Shreenivasaiah, Do Han Kim, and Edwin Wang -- Network model of survival signaling in T-cell large granular lymphocyte leukemia / Ranran Zhang, Thomas P. Loughran Jr., and Réka Albert -- Cancer metabolic networks : metabolic pathways modelling and metabolomics in cancer research / Miroslava Cuperlovic-Culf -- Warburg revisited : modeling energy metabolism for cancer systems biology / Mathieu Cloutier --Cancer gene prediction using a network approach / Xuebing Wu and Shao Li -- Cancer genomics to cancer biology / Maria Luz Jaramillo and Chabane Tibiche -- Epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition (EMT) : the good, the bad, and the ugly / Anne EG Lenferink -- Tumors and their microenvironments / Nicholas R. Bertos and Morag Park -- Tumor angiogenesis : cell-microenvironment interactions / Ally Pen, Danica B. Stanimirovic, and Maria J. Moreno -- Modeling tools for cancer systems biology / Wayne Materi and David S. Wishart -- Advanced visualization, analysis, and inference of biological networks using visANT / Zhenjun Hu -- Gene set and pathway-based analysis for cancer omics / Dougu Nam and Seon-Young Kim -- SH2 domain signaling network and cancer / Shawn S.-C. Li and Thamara K.J. Dayarathna -- Data sources and computational tools for cancer systems biology / Yun Ma, Pradeep Kumar Shreenivasaiah, and Edwin Wang.
- Cancer systems biology, bioinformatics and medicine 2011, Springerpt. 1. Introduction and background -- pt. 2. Laboratory, clinical, data and educational resources -- pt. 3. Bioinformatics and systems biology analysis -- pt. 4. Diagnosis, clinical and treatment applications -- pt. 5. Perspectives and conclusions.
- The Cancer Genome -- Mechanisms of Genomic Instability -- Epigenetics of Cancer -- Telomeres, Telomerase, and Cancer -- Cell Signaling Growth Factors and Their Receptors -- Cell Cycle -- Mechanisms of Cell Death -- Cancer Metabolism -- Angiogenesis -- Invasion and Metastasis -- Cancer Stem Cells -- Biology of Personalized Cancer Medicine -- Tobacco -- Cancer Susceptibility Syndromes -- DNA Viruses -- RNA Viruses -- Inflammation -- Chemical Factors -- Physical Factors -- Dietary Factors -- Obesity and Physical Activity -- Epidemiologic Methods -- Global Cancer Incidence and Mortality -- Trends in Cancer Mortality -- Surgical Oncology: General Issues -- Surgical Oncology: Laparoscopic Surgery -- Radiation Oncology -- Medical Oncology -- Assessment of Clinical Response -- Cancer Immunotherapy -- Health Services Research and Economics of Cancer Care -- Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics -- Pharmacogenomics -- Alkylating Agents -- Platinum Analogs -- Antimetabolites -- Topoisomerase-Interacting Agents -- Antimicrotubule Agents -- Targeted Therapy with Small Molecule Kinase Inhibitors -- Histone Deacetylase Inhibitors and Demethylating Agents -- Proteasome Inhibitors -- Poly(ADP-Ribose) Polymerase Inhibitors -- Miscellaneous Chemotherapeutic Agents -- Interferons -- Interleukin Therapy -- Antisense Agents -- Antiangiogenesis Agents -- Monoclonal Antibodies -- Endocrine Manipulation -- Preventive Cancer Vaccines -- Tobacco Dependence and Its Treatment -- Role of Surgery in Cancer Prevention -- Principles of Cancer Risk Reduction Intervention -- Retinoids, Carotenoids, and Other Micronutrients in Cancer Prevention -- Drugs and Nutritional Extracts for Cancer Risk Reduction (Chemoprevention) -- Principles of Cancer Screening -- Early Detection Using Proteomics -- Screening for Gastrointestinal Cancers -- Screening for Gynecologic Cancers -- Screening for Breast Cancer -- Screening for Prostate Cancer -- Screening for Lung Cancer -- Genetic Counseling -- Vascular Access and Specialized Techniques -- Interventional Radiology -- Functional Imaging -- Molecular Imaging --Photodynamic Therapy -- Biomarkers -- Design and Analysis of Clinical Trials -- Molecular Biology of Head and Cancers -- Treatment of Head and Neck Cancer -- Rehabilitation after Treatment of Head and Neck Cancer -- Molecular Biology of Lung Cancer -- Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer -- Small Cell and Neuroendocrine Tumors of the Lung -- Neoplasms of the Mediastinum -- Molecular Biology of the Esophagus and Stomach -- Cancer of the Esophagus -- Cancer of the Stomach -- Molecular Biology of Pancreas Cancer -- Cancer of the Pancreas -- Molecular Biology of Liver Cancer -- Cancer of the Liver -- Cancer of the Biliary Tree -- Cancer of the Small Intestine -- Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor -- Molecular Biology of Colorectal Cancer -- Cancer of the Colon -- Cancer of the Rectum -- Cancer of the Anal Region -- Molecular Biology of Kidney Cancer -- Cancer of the Kidney -- Molecular Biology of Bladder Cancer -- Cancer of the Bladder, Ureter, and Renal Pelvis -- Molecular Biology of Prostate Cancer -- Cancer of the Prostate -- Cancer of the Urethra and Penis -- Cancer of the Testis -- Molecular Biology of Gynecologic -- Cancer of the Cervix, Vagina, and Vulva -- Cancers of the Uterine Body -- Gestational Trophoblastic Neoplasms -- Ovarian Cancer, Fallopian Tube Carcinoma, and Peritoneal Carcinoma -- Molecular Biology of Breast Cancer -- Malignant Tumors of the Breast -- Molecular Biology of Endocrine Tumors -- Thyroid Tumors -- Parathyroid Tumors -- Adrenal Tumors -- Pancreatic Neuroendocrine Tumors -- Neuroendocrine (Carcinoid) Tumors and the Carcinoid Syndrome -- Multiple Endocrine Neoplasias -- Molecular Biology of Soft Tissue Sarcoma -- Soft Tissue Sarcoma -- Sarcomas of Bone -- Cancer of the Skin -- Molecular Biology of Cutaneous Melanoma -- Cutaneous Melanoma -- Molecular Biology of Central Nervous System Tumors -- Neoplasms of the Central Nervous System -- Molecular Biology of Childhood Cancers -- Solid Tumors of Childhood -- Leukemias and Lymphomas of Childhood -- Molecular Biology of Lymphomas -- Hodgkin Lymphoma -- Non-Hodgkin Lymphomas -- Cutaneous Lymphomas --Primary Central Nervous System Lymphoma -- Molecular Biology of Acute Leukemias -- Management of Acute Leukemias -- Molecular Biology of Chronic Leukemias -- Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia -- Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemias -- Myelodysplastic Syndromes -- Plasma Cell Neoplasms -- Cancer of Unknown Primary Site -- Benign and Malignant Mesothelioma -- Peritoneal Surface Malignancy -- Intraocular Melanoma -- AIDS-Related Malignancies -- Transplantation-Related Malignancies -- Superior Vena Cava Syndrome -- Increased Intracranial Pressure -- Spinal Cord Compression -- Metabolic Emergencies -- Metastatic Cancer to the Brain -- Metastatic Cancer to the Lung -- Metastatic Cancer to the Liver -- Metastatic Cancer to the Bone -- Malignant Effusions of the Pleura and the Pericardium -- Malignant Ascites -- Paraneoplastic Syndromes -- Autologous Stem Cell Transplantation -- Allogeneic Stem Cell Transplantation -- Infections in the Cancer Patient -- Leukopenia and Thrombocytopenia -- Cancer-Associated Thrombosis -- Nausea and Vomiting -- Diarrhea and Constipation -- Oral Complications -- Pulmonary Toxicity -- Cardiac Toxicity -- Hair Loss -- Gonadal Dysfunction -- Fatigue -- Second Primary Cancers -- Neurocognitive Effects -- Cancer Survivorship -- Management of Cancer Pain -- Nutritional Support -- Sexual Problems -- Psychological Issues in Cancer -- Communicating News to the Cancer Patient -- Specialized Care of the Terminally Ill -- Community Resources -- Rehabilitation of the Cancer Patient -- Regulatory Issues -- Health Disparities in Cancer -- Cancer Information on the Internet -- Complementary, Alternative, and Integrative Therapies in Cancer Care.
- Cancers in the urban environment 2004, ScienceDirectIntroduction for scientists -- Introduction for laypersons -- What cancers are -- Environmental and other causes of cancer -- Resources used to detect local increases in risk -- Methods used to detect local increases in risk -- Errors due to chance -- Comparison between "apples" and "oranges" -- Failure to detect local increases in risk -- Investigating a lead -- Guide to the figures -- Interpretation -- Scientific and technical notes -- Oropharyngeal carcinoma -- Salivary gland malignancies -- Squamous carcinoma of the esophagus/gastric cardia -- Adenocarcinoma of the esophagus/gastric cardia -- Adenocarcinoma of the (lower) stomach -- Carcinoma of the small intestine -- Colon carcinoma, total (both upper and sigmoid) -- Carcinoma of the upper colon -- Carcinoma of the sigmoid colon -- Carcinoma of the rectum -- Hepatocellular carcinoma -- Cholangiocarcinoma -- Gallbladder carcinoma -- Biliary tract carcinoma -- Pancreas carcinoma -- Carcinoma of the nose/sinuses -- Carcinoma of the larynx -- Lung and bronchus carcinoma, total (all types) -- Squamous cell carcinoma of the lung and bronchus -- Large cell carcinoma of the lung and bronchus -- Small cell carcinoma of the lung and bronchus -- Adenocarcinoma of the lung and bronchus -- Bronchioloalveolar carcinoma of the lung and bronchus -- Undifferentiated carcinoma of the lung and bronchus -- Carcinoma of the lung and bronchus, not otherwise classified -- Mesothelioma -- Soft tissue sarcoma -- Angiosarcoma -- Kaposi sarcoma -- Osteosarcoma -- Ewing's sarcoma -- Malignant chordoma -- Malignant melanoma -- Breast carcinoma -- Squamous cervix carcinoma (invasive) -- Endometrial (uterine corpus) carcinoma -- Epithelial carcinoma of the ovary -- Germ cell malignancies --Prostate carcinoma -- Anogenital adenocarcinoma -- Anogenital squamous carcinoma -- Mixed cell genital tumors -- Transitional cell (non-squamous) bladder carcinoma -- Squamous bladder carcinoma -- Renal cell carcinoma -- Wilms tumor (nephroblastoma) -- Retinoblastoma -- Brain malignancies (gliomas) -- Spinal cord malignancies -- Neurolemoma (nerve sheath malignancy) -- Neuroblastoma -- Malignant meningioma -- Papillary carcinoma of the thyroid -- Follicular carcinoma of the thyroid -- Other carcinoma of the thyroid -- Pituitary carcinoma -- Multiple endocrine neoplasia -- Carcinoma of the thymus -- Mixed cellularity Hodgkin lymphoma -- Nodular sclerosis Hodgkin lymphoma -- Other Hodgkin lymphoma -- All non-Hodgkin lymphomas (all non-Hodgkin lymphoma types) -- Follicular non-Hodgkin lymphoma -- Diffuse large B-cell non-Hodgkin lymphoma -- Diffuse small lymphocytic or plasmacytic B-cell non-Hodgkin lymphoma -- Diffuse mixed B-cell non-Hodgkin lymphoma -- High-grade non-Hodgkin lymphoma -- T-cell non-Hodgkin lymphoma -- Maltoma non-Hodgkin lymphoma -- Other non-Hodgkin lymphoma -- Central nervous system non-Hodgkin lymphomas (all non-Hodgkin lymphoma types) -- Stomach non-Hodgkin lymphomas (all non-Hodgkin lymphoma types) -- Other gastrointestinal non-Hodgkin lymphomas (all non-Hodgkin lymphoma types) -- Lymph node/other organ non-Hodgkin lymphomas (all non-Hodgkin lymphoma types) -- Multiple myeloma -- Acute lymphoblastic leukemia -- Chronic lymphocytic leukemia -- Hairy cell leukemia -- Acute non-lymphocytic leukemia -- Chronic myelocytic leukemia -- Other leukemias -- All malignancies of infants/toddlers -- All malignancies of older children -- All malignancies of young adults -- All malignancies of older adults -- All malignancies -- Overall summary.
- Carbon black, titanium dioxide, and talc 2010, IARCCarbon Black -- 1. Exposure data -- 2. Studies of cancer in humans -- 3. Studies of cancer in experimental animals -- 4. Mechanistic and other relevant data -- 5. Summary of data reported -- 6. Evaluation and rationale -- -- Titaniium Dioxide -- 1. Exposure data -- 2. Studies of cancer in humans -- 3. Studies of cancer in experimental animals -- 4. Mechanistic and other relevant data -- 5. Summary of data reported -- 6. Evaluation and rationale -- -- Talc Not Containing Asbestiform Fibres -- 1. Exposure data -- 2. Studies of cancer in humans -- 3. Studies of cancer in experimental animals -- 4. Mechanistic and other relevant data -- 5. Summary of data reported -- 6. Evaluation and rationale.
- Carcinogenic and anticarcinogenic food components 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Cardiac tumor pathology 2013, Springer
- Caveolins and caveolae 2012, SpringerLipid rafts, caveolae, and GPI linked proteins / Valerie L. Reeves, Candice M. Thomas, and Eric J. Smart -- Caveolae and the regulation of endocytosis / Anna L. Kiss -- Caveolin : role in cell signaling / Cecile Boscher and Ivan Robert Nabi -- Regulation of ENOS in caveolae / Chieko Mineo and Philip W. Shaul -- Recent developments in the interactions between caveolin and pathogens / Fabiana S. Machado ... [et al.] -- Caveolin and breast cancer : a new clinical perspective / Isabelle Mercier and Michael P. Lisanti -- Caveolin and prostate cancer progression / Michael R. Freeman, Wei Yang, and Dolores Di Vizio -- Caveolins and caveolae, roles in insulin signalling, and diabetes / Peter Strolfors -- Atherosclerosis, caveolae, and caveolin / Stephanos Pavlides ... [et al.] -- Caveolins and heart diseases / Mathivadhani Panneerselvam, Hemal H. Patel, and David M. Roth -- Caveolins and lung function / Nikolaos A. Maniatis ... [et al.].
- Caveolins in cancer pathogenesis, prevention and therapy 2012, Springer1. Local and Distant Effects of Caveolin-1 on Prostate Cancer Progression / T.C. Thompson, S.A. Tahir, L. Li, M. Watanabe, K. Naruishi, G. Yang, Ken-ichi Tabata, S. Kurosaka, K. Edamura, R. Tanimoto, P. Corn, D. Kadmon, C.J. Logothetis, P. Troncoso, C. Ren, A. Goltsov, and S. Park -- 2. Caveolin-1 in Colon Cancer: The Flexible Connection to Wnt Signaling / Andrew F.G. Quest, Vicente A. Torres, Diego A. Rodriguez, Jorge Gutierrez-Pajares, and Julio C. Tapia -- 3. Caveolin-1 and Pancreatic Ductal Adenocarcinoma / David W. Rittenhouse, Oeendree Mukherjee, Nathan G. Richards, Charles J. Yeo, Agnieszka K. Witkiewicz, and Jonathan R. Brody -- 4. Caveolin-1 in Brain Tumors / Rebecca Senetta and Paola Cassoni -- 5. The Role of Caveolin-1 in Skin Cancer -- / Alessandra Carè, Isabella Parolini, Federica Felicetti, and Massimo Sargiacomo -- 6. Caveolins in Tumor Angiogenesis / Grzegorz Sowa -- 7. Caveolin-1 and Breast Cancer / Gloria Bonuccelli and Michael P. Lisanti -- 8. Caveolin-1 and Cancer-Associated Stromal Fibroblasts / Isabelle Mercier and Michael P. Lisanti.
- Cell adhesion and cytoskeletal molecules in metastasis 2006, Springer
- Cell signaling & molecular targets in cancer 2012, Springer1. GRB2 Signaling as a Molecular Target for Cancer / Alessio Giubellino -- 2. Human Arylamine N-acetyltransferase 1: From Drug Metabolism to Drug Target / Fernando Rodrigues-Lima, Julien Dairou, Florent Busi, and Jean-Marie Dupret -- 3. Targeting Argininosuccinate Synthetase in Cancer Therapy / Niramol Savaraj, Min You, Chunjing Wu, Macus Tien Kuo, Vy Dinh, Medhi Wangpaichitr, and Lynn Feun -- 4. Parathyroid Hormone-Related Peptide Signaling in Cancer / Franco Oreste Ranelletti and Giovanni Monego -- 5. Signalling Molecules as Selective Targets for Therapeutic Strategies in Multiple Myeloma / Francesco Piazza and Gianpietro Semenzato -- 6. Role of Bile Acids in Carcinogenesis of Gastrointestinal Tract / Hiroshi Yasuda and Fumio Itoh -- 7. AIB1: A Transcriptional Coactivator Which Integrates Signaling Cross Talk in Cancer Cells / Macarena Ferrero and Jaime Font de Mora -- 8. Rational Design of DNA Anticancer Agent That Targets Signal Transducer and Activator of Transcription 3 (Stat3) for Cancer Therapy / Naijie Jing -- 9. Estrogen Receptor Signaling in Lung Cancer / P.A. Hershberger and J.M. Siegfried -- 10. Microparticle Dissemination of Biological Activities: Implications for Cancer Biology / Pauline P. Goh -- 11. Protein Kinase D Signaling in Cancer / Peter Storz -- 12. Cell Signaling and Cancer: Integrated, Fundamental Approach Involving Electron Transfer, Reactive Oxygen Species, and Antioxidants / Peter Kovacic and Ratnasamy Somanathan -- 13. Targeting Signal Transducer and Activator of Transcription (STAT) for Anticancer Therapy / Fabio P.S. Santos, Inbal Hazan-Halevy, and Zeev Estrov.
- Cell-extracellular matrix interactions in cancer 2010, Springer
- Cellular respiration and carcinogenesis 2009, Springer
- Cellular senescence and tumor suppression 2010, Springer
- Checkpoint controls and cancer v. 1-2, 2004., Springer Protocolsv. 2, 2004 Springer Protocolsv. 1. Reviews and model systems -- v. 2. Activation and regulation protocols.
- Checkpoint responses in cancer therapy 2008, Springer
- Chemical carcinogenesis 2011, Springer
- Chemistry and pharmacology of anticancer drugs 2006, CRCnetBASEIntroduction to cancer -- Antimetabolites -- DNA-interactive agents -- Antitubulin agents -- Cell signaling inhibitors -- Hormonal therapies -- Tumour targeting strategies -- Biologicals -- The future -- Personalized medicine (oncogenomics) -- Adjunct therapies.
- Chemo fog 2010, SpringerShort introduction and history / Robert B. Raffa -- Patient's perspective / Robert B. Raffa and Kathy Martin -- Oncology nurse's perspective / Jamie S. Myers -- Oncology pharmacist's perspective / Rachel Clark-Vetri -- The impact of chemo brain on the patient with a high grade glioma / Michele R. Lucas -- Oncology pharmacist's perspective / Rachel Clark-Vetri -- The impact of chemo brain on the patient with a high grade glioma / Michele R. Lucas -- Neurocognitive effects of childhood cancer treatment / Jennifer Costa -- The economic burden / Albert I. Wertheimer -- Designing conceptual model-based research in chemotherapy-related changes in cognitive function / Lisa M. Hess -- Neuropsychologic testing for chemotherapy-related cognitive impairment / Jamie S. Myers -- Imaging as a means of studying chemotherapy-related cognitive impairment / Robert B. Raffa -- Chemotherapy associated central nervous system damage / Jørg Dietrich -- Is systemic anti-cancer therapy neurotoxic? Does chemo brain exist? And should we rename it? / Sophie Taillibert -- Evaluation of multiple neurotoxic outcomes in cancer chemotherapy / Bernard Weiss -- Chemotherapy-related visual system toxicity / Robert B. Raffa -- The possible role of cytokines in chemotherapy-induced cognitive deficits / Jamie S. Myers -- Pharmacokinetics of anti-cancer drugs used in breast cancer chemotherapy / Swati Nagar -- Combination analysis / Ronald J. Tallarida -- Animal models / Ellen A. Walker -- Chemo brain (chemo fog) as a potential side effect of doxorubicin administration : role of cytokine-induced, oxidative/nitrosative stress in cognitive dysfunction / Christopher D. Aluise ... [et al.] -- Effects of 5-FU / Peter M. Wigmore ... [et al.] -- Future directions / Robert B. Raffa and Ronald J. Tallarida.
- Chemokine receptors in cancer 2009, Springer
- Chemosensitivity v. 1-2, 2005., Springer Protocolsv. 2, 2005 Springer Protocolsv. 1. In vitro assays -- v. 2 In vitro models, imaging, and molecular regulators.
- Chemotherapy source book. 4th ed. 2008, OvidScientific basis of cancer chemotherapy -- Norton-simon hypothesis -- Drug resistance -- Principles of chemotherapy -- Clinical trials -- Hematopoietic growth factors -- Biologic response modifiers: principles of biotherapy -- Intraventricular and intrathecal therapy -- Intraperitoneal chemotherapy -- Continuous intravenous infusion chemotherapy -- Intraarterial chemotherapy -- Isolated regional therapy -- Hematopoietic stem cell transplantation -- Oral toxicity -- Dermatologic toxicity -- Extravasation -- Hypersensitivity reactions -- Ocular side effects of chemotherapy -- Cardiotoxicity of cancer therapy -- Pulmonary toxicity of antineoplastic therapy -- Gastrointestinal complications of chemotherapy -- Hepatotoxicity of chemotherapeutic agents -- Renal and electrolyte abnormalities due to chemotherapy -- Chemotherapy-induced peripheral neuropathy -- Vascular toxicity of antineoplastic agents -- Second malignancies after chemotherapy -- Chemotherapy in pregnancy -- Gonadal complications and teratogenicity of cancer therapy -- Central venous access for chemotherapy -- Systemic therapy for advanced melanoma -- General issues in brain tumor chemotherapy -- Chemotherapy of head and neck cancer -- Chemotherapy of lung cancer -- Breast cancer -- Gastrointestinal cancer -- Endocrine tumors -- Chemotherapy of genitourinary cancers -- Chemotherapy of gynecologic cancers -- Chemotherapy of carcinoma of unknown primary site -- Chemotherapy of bone and soft tissue sarcomas -- Chemotherapy for pediatric solid tumors -- Chemotherapy of hodgkin's lymphoma -- Non-hodgkin's lymphoma -- Acute myeloid leukemia, acute lymphoblastic leukemia, and chronic lymphocytic leukemia -- Chemotherapy of the myelodysplastic syndromes -- Management of myeloproliferative disorders and chronic myeloid leukemia -- Chemotherapy of multiple myeloma and other plasma cell disorders.
- Chromosomal imbalance theory of cancer 2012, CRCnetBASE
- Chronic lymphocytic leukemia 2005, Springer
- Chronic myeloid neoplasias and clonal overlap syndromes 2010, Springer
- Clinical aspects of electroporation 2011, SpringerIntroduction to Electroporation -- Electroporation and Cellular Physiology -- The Cell in the Electric Field -- Understanding Electric Fields for Clinical Use -- Generators and Applicators: Equipment for Electroporation -- Cell Electropermeabilization and Cellular Uptake of Small Molecules: The Electrochemotherapy Concept -- Vascular-Disrupting Action of Electrochemotherapy: Mode of Action and Therapeutic Implications -- Electrochemotherapy of Small Tumors; The Experience from the ESOPE (European Standard Operating Procedures for Electrochemotherapy) Group -- Electrochemotherapy for Larger Malignant Tumors -- Cell Electroporation in Bone Tissue -- Drug and Gene Electrotransfer to the Brain -- Minimally Invasive Intraluminal Tumor Ablation -- Electrotransfer of Plasmid DNA -- Gene Electrotransfer to Tumor -- Gene Electrotransfer to Lung -- Gene Electrotransfer to Muscle Tissue: Moving into Clinical Use -- Gene Electrotransfer to Skin -- Electroporation-Mediated DNA Vaccination -- Irreversible Electroporation (IRE) on Liver Tumor Ablation: A Summary of Preclinical Translational Research -- Translational Research on Irreversible Electroporation: VX2 Rabbit Head and Neck -- Clinical Research on Irreversible Electroporation of the Liver.
- Clinical breast imaging 2007, OvidMy Aunt Minnie -- Screening -- Diagnostic breast imaging -- Management.
- Clinical management of renal tumors 2008, Springer
- Print Material
- Clinician's manual on myelodysplastic syndromes 2008, Springer
- CMR and MDCT in cardiac masses 2011, Springer
- CNS cancer 2009, SpringerCovers three areas of research in brain tumors: a) animal models for brain tumors, including spontaneous occurrence of brain tumors in mammals, transgenic models in rodents and transplant models; b) Prognostic factors and biomarkers; c) Therapeutic targets and targeting approaches to brain tumors.
- Coagulation in cancer 2009, Springer
- Cobalt in hard metals and cobalt sulfate, gallium arsenide, indium phosphide, and vanadium pentoxide 2006, IARCMetallic cobalt particles (with or without tungsten carbide) -- Introduction to the monographs on gallium arsenide and indium phosphide. Studies of cancer in humans -- Gallium arsenide -- Indium phosphide -- Vanadium pentoxide.
- Color atlas of melanocytic lesions of the skin 2007, Springer
- Colorectal cancer 2007, SpringerMolecular biology of colon cancer / William M. Grady -- Chemoprevention of colorectal cancer / Yu-Ning Wong ...[et al.] -- Colorectal cancer screening and surveillance / Arnold J. Markowitz -- Cytotoxic chemotherapy for metastatic colorectal cancer / M. Wasif Saif, Richard Kim, and Edward Chu -- Integration of antiangiogenic strategies in colorectal cancer treatment / John M. Strother and Charles D. Blanke -- The role of EGFR inhibition in colorectal cancer / Nabeel Shalan and Paulo M. Hoff -- Second-line strategies in the treatment of patients with metastatic colorectal cancer / Anthony B. El-Khoueiry and Heinz-Josef Lenz -- Adjuvant chemotherapy for colon cancer / Bert H. O'Neil ... [et al.] -- Management of locally advanced rectal cancer / Yu Jo Chua and David Cunningham -- Rationale for adjuvant and neoadjuvant chemotherapy in the resection of liver metastases / Axel Grothey and Steven A. Alberts -- Percutaneous radiofrequency ablation in the management of patients with colorectal cancer / Karen Brown -- Colorectal cancer imaging / Sean D. Curran and Laurence H. Schwartz -- Nursing issues in colorectal cancer chemotherapy / Ellen Hollywood and Deborah Semple -- Pain management in the colorectal cancer patient / Vivek Tim Malhotra -- Novel agents and new paradigms for colorectal cancer / Chris Takimoto and Russell Kruzelock.
- Colorectal cancer 2009, Springer
- Colorectal cancer in the elderly 2013, Springer
- Colorectal cancer screening 2011, Springer
- Combination cancer therapy 2005, SpringerTargeting of the EGFR as a modulator of cancer chemotherapy / Jose Baselga -- Cyclin dependent kinase inhibitors in combination chemotherapy / Manish A. Shah and Gary K. Schwartz -- Development of protein kinase C and cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitors as potentiators of cytotoxic drug action in leukemia / Steven Grant -- Carboxyamidotriazole, an inhibitor of nonvoltage operated calcium entry : single agent and combination therapy for ovarian carcinoma / Chad M. Michener and Elise C. Kohn -- Targeted alpha particle therapy : a rational approach to drug development in hematologic diseases and solid tumors / John M. Burke, David A. Scheinberg, and Joseph G. Jurcic -- Pharmacologic modulation of fluoropyrimidines : building upon the lessons of the past / Owen A. O'Connor -- Development of inhibitors of HER2 with taxanes : new directions in breast cancer therapy / Shanu Modi, Monica N. Fornier, and Andrew D. Seidman -- Targeting nf-b to increase the activity of cisplatin in solid tumors / Don S. Dizon ... [et al.] -- Combinations of chemotherapy and G3139, an antisense BCL-2 oligonucleotide / Luba Benimetskaya, Sridhar Nami, and C. A. Stein -- Use of animal models to evaluate signal transduction inhibitors as modulators of cytotoxic therapy / Beverly A. Teicher.
- Combined estrogen-progestogen contraceptives and combined estrogen-progestogen menopausal therapy 2007, IARC
- Combined scintigraphic and radiographic diagnosis of bone and joint diseases. 4th, rev. and enl. ed. 2013, Springer
- Communication in cancer care. 1st ed. 2006, Springer
- Computational biology 2009, SpringerIdentification of Relevant Genes from Microarray Experiments based on Partial Least Squares Weights: Application to Cancer Genomics -- Geometric Biclustering and Its Applications to Cancer Tissue Classification Based on DNA Microarray Gene Expression Data -- Statistical Analysis on Microarray Data: Selection of Gene Prognosis Signatures -- Agent-Based Modeling of Ductal Carcinoma In Situ: Application to Patient-Specific Breast Cancer Modeling -- Multicluster Class-Based Classification for the Diagnosis of Suspicious Areas in Digital Mammograms -- Analysis of Cancer Data Using Evolutionary Computation -- Analysis of Population-Based Genetic Association Studies Applied to Cancer Susceptibility and Prognosis -- Selected Applications of Graph-Based Tracking Methods for Cancer Research -- Recent Advances in Cell Classification for Cancer Research and Drug Discovery -- Computational Tools and Resources for Systems Biology Approaches in Cancer -- Laser Speckle Imaging for Blood Flow Analysis -- The Challenges in Blood Proteomic Biomarker Discovery.
- Concise manual of hematology and oncology 2007, Springer
- Contemporary IMRT 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Content-based retrieval of medical images 2013, AtyponContent-based image retrieval (CBIR) is the process of retrieval of images from a database that are similar to a query image, using measures derived from the images themselves, rather than relying on accompanying text or annotation. To achieve CBIR, the contents of the images need to be characterized by quantitative features; the features of the query image are compared with the features of each image in the database and images having high similarity with respect to the query image are retrieved and displayed. CBIR of medical images is a useful tool and could provide radiologists with assistance in the form of a display of relevant past cases. One of the challenging aspects of CBIR is to extract features from the images to represent their visual, diagnostic, or application-specific information content. In this book, methods are presented for preprocessing, segmentation, landmarking, feature extraction, and indexing of mammograms for CBIR. The preprocessing steps include anisotropic diffusion and the Wiener filter to remove noise and perform image enhancement. Techniques are described for segmentation of the breast and fibroglandular disk, including maximum entropy, a moment-preserving method, and Otsu's method. Image processing techniques are described for automatic detection of the nipple and the edge of the pectoral muscle via analysis in the Radon domain. By using the nipple and the pectoral muscle as landmarks, mammograms are divided into their internal, external, upper, and lower parts for further analysis. Methods are presented for feature extraction using texture analysis, shape analysis, granulometric analysis, moments, and statistical measures.
- Controversies in gastrointestinal tumor therapy 2004., Karger
- Controversies in the treatment of lung cancer 2010, KargerPrognostic factors in histopathology of lung cancer / A. Fisseler-Eckhoff -- FDG-PET/CT in lung cancer : an update / R.-P. Baum, C. Świętaszczyk, V. Prasad -- Whole-body magnetic resonance imaging for staging of lung cancer / R. Puls ... [et al.] -- Bronchoscopy/endobronchial ultrasound / F.J.F. Herth -- New developments in videomediastinoscopy : video-assisted mediastinoscopic lymphadenectomy and mediastinoscopic ultrasound / B. Witte -- Resection in stage I/II non-small cell lung cancer / F.M. Smolle-Juettner ... [et al.] -- Role of mediastinal lymph node dissection in non-small cell lung cancer / S. Bölükbas, M.H. Eberlein, J. Schirren -- Radiation therapy for early stage (I/II) non-small cell lung cancer / B. Jeremic ... [et al.] -- Stereotactic body radiation therapy for early non-small cell lung cancer / F. Zimmermann ... [et al.] -- Extended surgical resection in stage III non-small cell lung cancer / S. Hillinger, W. Weder -- Stage III : definitive chemoradiotherapy / R. Fietkau, S. Semrau -- Adjuvant therapy in early-stage non-small cell lung cancer / M. Serke -- Postoperative irradiation in non-small cell lung cancer / S. Höcht ... [et al.] -- Altered fractionation schemes in radiotherapy / M. Stuschke, C. Pöttgen -- Chemotherapy of advanced non-small cell lung cancer / R. Pirker, W. Minar -- Radiotherapy / I.A. Adamietz -- Treatment of limited disease small cell lung cancer / D. de Ruysscher -- Radiochemotherapy in extensive disease small cell lung cancer ED-SCLC / B. Jeremic ... [et al.] -- Radiotherapy for extensive stage small cell lung cancer / B.J. Slotman -- Controversies in the treatment of advanced stages of small cell lung cancer / A. Schmittel -- Complementary and alternative medicine in lung cancer patients : a neglected phenomenon? / O. Micke.
- 1,3-Butadiene, ethylene oxide and vin...
- — Controversies in the treatment of lun...
- Controversies in the treatment of pro...
- — Integrative pediatric oncology .........
- Interstitial prostate brachytherapy ....
- — Physical activity, dietary calorie re...
- Physics of modern brachytherapy for o...
- — Yeast as tool in cancer research .......
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases