Books by Subject
- 1,3-Butadiene, ethylene oxide and vin...
- — Chronic lymphocytic leukemia ...........
- Chronic myeloid neoplasias and clonal...
- — Human cell transformation ..............
- Human papillomavirus ...................
- — Oxidative stress in cancer biology an...
- p53 protocols ..........................
- — Yeast as tool in cancer research .......
- Human papillomavirus 2009, Springer
- Human papillomaviruses 2007, IARC1. Human Papillomavirus (HPV) infection -- 2. Studies of cancer in humans -- 3. Studies of animal papillomaviruses -- 4. Molecular mchanisms of HPV-induced carcinogenesis -- 5. Summary of data reported and evaluation -- 6. References
- Hyaluronan in cancer biology. 1st ed. 2009, ScienceDirectAssociation between cancer and "acid mucopolysaccharides" : an old concept comes of age, finally -- Hyaluronan-CD44 interactions and chemoresistance in cancer cells -- Growth factor regulation of hyaluronan deposition in malignancies -- Hyaluronan binding protein 1 (HABP1/p32/gClqR) : a new perspective in tumor development -- CD44 meets Merlin and Ezrin : their interplay mediates the pro-tumor activity of CD44 and tumor-suppressing effect of Merlin -- Hyaluronan-mediated CD44 interaction with receptor and non-receptor kinases promotes oncogenic signaling, cytoskeleton activation, and tumor progression -- Adhesion and penetration : two sides of CD44 signal transduction cascades in the context of cancer cell metastasis -- Involvement of CD44, a molecule with a thousand faces, in cancer dissemination -- RHAMM/HMMR : an itinerant and multifunctional hyaluronan binding protein that modifies CD44 signaling and mitotic spindle formation -- Altered hyaluronan biosynthesis in cancer progression --Hyaluronidase : both a tumor promoter and suppressor -- The hyaluronidases in cancer biology -- Hyaluronan fragments : informational polymers commandeered by cancers -- Hyaluronan in human tumors : importance of stromal and cancer cell-associated hyaluronan -- The oncofetal paradigm revisited : MSF and HA as contextual drivers of cancer progression -- Hyaluronan synthesis and turnover in prostate cancer -- Role of hyaluronan in melanoma progression -- Role of hyaluronan metabolism in the initiation, invasion, and metastasis of breast cancer -- Clinical use of hyaluronidase in combination cancer chemotherapy : a historic perspective -- Exploring the hyaluronan:CD44 interaction for cancer therapy -- Hyaluronidase-2 and its role as a cell-entry receptor for sheep retroviruses that cause contagious respiratory tract cancers.
- Imaging gliomas after treatment 2012, Springer
- Imaging in oncological urology 2009, Springer
- Imaging in oncology 2008, SpringerAnatomic, physiologic and metabolic imaging in neuro-oncology / Sanjeev Chawla, Harish Poptani, and Elias R. Melhem -- Imaging of spinal tumors / Izlem Izbudak ... [et al.] -- PET imaging of brain tumors / Alan J. Fischman -- Extracranial head and neck neoplasms: role of imaging / Myria Petrou and Suresh K. Mukherji -- Imaging of thoracic malignancies / Subba R. Digumarthy and Suzanne L. Aquino -- Imaging of mediastinal tumors / Scott Moore, Hetal Dave-Verma, and Ajay Singh -- Imaging cardiac tumors / Mannudeep K. Kalra and Suhny Abbara -- Diagnostic imaging and image-guided interventions of hepatobiliary malignancies / Unni Udayasankar ... [et al.] -- Recent advances in imaging of pancreatic neoplasms / Chad B. Rabinowitz, Hima B. Prabhakar, and Dushyant V. Sahani -- Imaging of colorectal carcinoma / Jorge A. Soto -- Imaging of primary malignant tumors of peritoneal and retroperitoneal origin / J. Louis Hinshaw and Perry J. Pickhardt -- Imaging of urinary tract tumors / Michael A. Blake and Mannudeep K. Kalra -- Current status of imaging for adrenal malignant involvement / Michael A. Blake and Mannudeep K. Kalra -- Recent advances in imaging of male reproductive tract malignancies / Jurgen J. Fütterer and J. Roan Spermon -- Imaging of malignant skeletal tumors / Jay Pahade, Aarti Sekhar, and Sanjay K. Shetty -- Radiology of soft tissue tumors including melanoma / M.J. Shelly, P.J. MacMahon, and S. Eustace -- Reticuloendothelium malignancy: current role of imaging / Sunit Sebastian and Brian C. Lucey -- Pediatric malignancies: synopsis of current imaging techniques / Sabah Servaes ... [et al.] -- Interventional radiology in oncology / O.J. O'Connor, J. M. Buckley, and M. M. Maher -- Breast tumor imaging / Deirdre Coll
- Imaging of bone tumors and tumor-like lesions 2009, Springer
- Imaging of kidney cancer 2006, Springer
- Imaging of soft tissue tumors. 2nd ed. 2006, OvidOrigin and classification of soft tissue tumors -- Soft tissue tumors in a large referral population: prevalence and distribution of diagnoses by age, sex, and location -- Imaging of soft tissue tumors -- Lipomatous tumors -- Vascular and lymphatic tumors -- Benign fibrous and fibrohistiocytic tumors -- Malignant fibrous and fibrohistiocytic tumors -- Muscle tumors -- Neurogenic lesions -- Synovial tumors -- Extraskeletal osseous and cartilaginous lesions -- Tumors of uncertain histogenesis -- Masses which may mimic soft tissue tumors -- Compartmental anatomy.
- Imaging of soft tissue tumors. 3rd ed. 2006, Springer
- Immune-based cancer treatment 2011, CRCnetBASEWhich cells control the anti-cancer T cell immune response? -- Antigen presentation -- T cells and cancer cells : components of immune-based anti-cancer therapy -- Anti-cancer vaccines : new approaches -- How and why do we get cancer and can immune-based anti-cancer therapy save us? -- Immunotherapeutic approaches to the treatment of leukemia -- Cancer-induced autoimmunity -- Can we solve the cancer stem cell program and cure cancer using T cell-based immunotherapy? -- Translational immunology and its impact on anti-cancer T cell immunity and the development of immunotherapeutic treatments for cancer -- Dendritic cells, immunotherapy, and the anti-cancer T cell response -- Regulatory T cells, dendritic cells, and the success of immunotherapeutic treatments for cancer -- NK cells and their role in the development of immune-based anti-cancer therapy -- How cancer cells influence the anti-cancer T cell imune response and why this is a problem during the immunotherapeutic treatment of cancer -- The T cell anti-cancer response, T cell regulation, and immunotherapy of neural crest cancers -- The immunological hole : will we fall in?
- Immunotherapy of cancer 2006, SpringerDiscovery of target molecules for cancer immunotherapy by genetic and bioinformatic approaches -- Current strategies for the identification of immunogenic epitopes of tumor antigens -- Current and future role of natural-killer cells in cancer immunotherapy -- The role of immune monitoring in evaluating cancer immunotherapy -- Statistical analysis of immune response assays -- DNA vaccines for cancer immunotherapy -- Dendritic cells -- Different approaches to dendritic cell-based cancer immunotherapy -- Anti-idiotype antibody vaccines for the immunotherapy of cancer -- Autologous tumor-derived heat shock protein vaccine as a new paradigm for individualized cancer therapeutics -- Tumor-reactive T-cells for adoptive immunotherapy -- T-cell adoptive immunotherapy of cancer: from translational models to clinical significance -- Retroviral-mediated gene transfer for engineering tumor-reactive T-cells -- Harnessing the potential of graft-vs-tumor -- Tumor-induced immune suppression and immune escape: mechanisms and impact on the outcome of immunotherapy of malignant disease -- The tumor microenvironment: regulation of antitumor immunity and implications for immunotherapy -- Manipulation of lymphocyte homeostasis for enhancing antitumor immunity -- Fast-lane evolution in the tumor microenvironment -- Manipulating immunological checkpoints to maximize antitumor immunity -- Interleukin-2 as cancer therapy -- Biological and clinical properties of the type 1 interferons -- Promising g [gamma]-chain cytokines for cancer immunotherapy: interleukins-7, -15, and -21 as vaccine adjuvants, growth factors -- The therapeutic use of natural-killer cells in hematological malignancies -- Antibody therapy for solid tumors -- Antibody therapy for non-Hodgkin's lymphoma -- Approaches to in vivo imaging of cancer immunotherapy -- Design issues for early-stage clinical trials for cancer vaccines -- Monoclonal antibody therapy for cancer.
- Immunotherapy of cancer 2010, Springer ProtocolsHypoxic tumors and their effect on immune cells and cancer therapy / Patricia Yotnda, Danli Wu, and Anna May Swanson -- Characterization of regulatory T cells in tumor suppressive microenvironments / Guangyong Peng -- Generation of cytotoxic T lymphocytes for immunotherapy of EBV-associated malignancies / Corey Smith and Rajiv Khanna -- Acquisition, preparation, and functional assessment of human NK cells for adoptive immunotherapy / Dean A. Lee, Michael R. Verneris, and Dario Campana -- Enhanced migration of human dendritic cells expressing inducible CD40 / Natalia Lapteva -- Differentiation of human embryonic stem cells into hematopoietic cells in vitro / Eun-Mi Kim and Nicholas Zavazava -- Gene therapy to improve migration of T cells to the tumor site / Antonio Di Stasi, Biagio De Angelis, and Barbara Savoldo -- Gene therapy to improve function of T cells for adoptive immunotherapy / Concetta Quintarelli, Barbara Savoldo, and Gianpietro Dotti -- Cytokine-FC fusion genes as molecular adjuvants for DNA vaccines / Daniel Hirschhorn-Cymerman and Miguel-Angel Perales -- Pharmacology of anti-CD3 diphtheria immunotoxin in CD3 positive T-cell lymphoma trials / Jung Hee Woo ... [et al.] -- Construction of human antibody gene libraries and selection of antibodies by phage display / Thomas Schirrmann and Michael Hust -- Identification of immunogenic peptides of the self-tumor antigen : our experience with telomerase reverse transcriptase / Xochitl Cortez-Gonzalez and Maurizio Zanetti -- Rescue, amplification, purification, and PEGylation of replication defective first-generation adenoviral vectors / Michael A. Barry, Eric A. Weaver, and Sean E. Hofherr -- Adenovirus-mediated interleukin (IL)-24 immunotherapy for cancer / Rajagopal Ramesh ... [et al.] -- Liposomes for gene transfer in cancer therapy / Nancy Smyth Templeton -- Oncolytic HSV as a vector in cancer immunotherapy / Hongtao Li and Xiaoliu Zhang -- Generation of chimeric T-cell receptor transgenes and their efficient transfer in primary mouse T lymphocytes / Linda J. Howland, Nicole M. Haynes, and Phillip K. Darcy -- Multi-walled carbon nanotube (MWCNT) synthesis, preparation, labeling, and functionalization / Babak Kateb ... [et al.] -- Cellular immunotherapy of cancer / Fatma V. Okur and Malcolm K. Brenner.
- Impact of genetic targets on cancer therapy 2013, SpringerNovel antineoplastics targeting genetic changes in colorectal cancer / Jamal Joudeh...[et al.] -- Update on clinical trials: genetic targets in breast cancer / Bora Lim, Leah V. Cream, Harold A. Harvey -- Impace of genetic targets on cancer therapy in esophagogastric cancer / Yixing Jiang -- Impact of genetic targets on cancer therapy: hapatocellular cancer / Osama Hamed...[et al.] -- Toward the goal of personalizaed therapy in pancreatic cancer by targeting the molecular phenotype / Nelson S. Yee -- Impact of genetic markers on treatment of non-small cell lung cancer / Nicholas Lamparella, Amit Barochia, Salah Almokadem -- Impact of genetic targets on therapy in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma / Irina Chaikhoutdinov, David Goldenberg -- Tyrosine kinase targeted treatment of chronic myelogenous leukemia and other myeloproliferative neoplasms / Ajit Bisen, David F. Claxton -- Targeted tehrapy of multiple myeloma / Nathan G. Dolloff, Giampaolo Talamo -- Current and future trials of targeted therapies and cutaneous melanoma / Matthew S. Evans...[et al.] -- Current approaches to epigenetic therapy for the treatment of mantle cell lymphoma / Vikas Ghai...[et al.] -- Impact of genetic targets on primary brain tumor therapy: what's ready for prime time / O. Zalatimo...[et al.] -- Rational therapy for renal cell carcinoma based on its genetic targets / Jaime Messer, Joseph Drabick, Matthew Kang -- Molecular and genetic markers of follicular-cell thyroid cancer : etiology and diagnostic and therapeutic opportunities / Neerav Goyal...[et al.] -- Genetic targets in pediatric acute lymphoblastic leukemia / Chandrika Gowda, Sinisa Dovat -- Emerging molecular therapies for the treatment of acute lymphoblastic leukemia / Monali Vasekar...[et al.] -- Impact of genetic targets on prostate cancer therapy / Hassan Sheikh...[et al.] -- Small-cell lung cancer : an update on targeted therapues / Monika Joshi, Ayodele Ayoola, Chandra P. Belani -- Impact of genetic targets on cancer therapy in acute myelogenous leukemia / Mithun Vinod Shah, Amit Barochia, Thomas P. Loughran.
- IMRT, IGRT, SBRT 2007, Karger
- IMRT, IGRT, SBRT. 2nd, rev. and extended ed. 2011, Karger
- In vivo imaging of cancer therapy 2007, Springer
- Induction chemotherapy 2011, Springer
- Infection and inflammation 2006, KargerIn remembrance of Rudolf Virchow (1821-1902) / Schmidt, A. -- In memoriam of Rudolf Virchow: a historical retrospective including aspects of inflammation, infection and neoplasia / Schmidt, A., Weber, O.F. -- Aneuploidy and cancer: from correlation to causation / Duesberg, P. ... [et al.] -- Adult stem cell theory of the multi-stage, multi-mechanism theory of carcinogenesis: role of inflammation on the promotion of initiated stem cells / Trosko, J.E., Tai, M.-H. -- Helicobacter pylori and gastric neoplasia / Leung, W.K. -- Schistosomiasis and neoplasia / Yosry, A. -- Relevant oncogenic viruses in veterinary medicine: original pathogens and animal models for human disease / Truyen, U., L"chelt, M. -- The inflammatory tumor microenvironment and its impact on cancer development / de Visser, K.E., Coussens, L.M. -- Co-opting macrophage traits in cancer progression: a consequence of tumor cell fusion? / Pawelek, J. ... [et al.] -- Carcinogenesis driven by bone marrow-derived stem cells / Dittmar, T. ... [et al.] -- Chemokine-directed metastasis / Gomperts, B.N., Strieter, R.M. -- Involvement of chemokine receptors in organ-specific metastasis / Zlotnik, A. -- Visualization of tumor cell extravasation / Heyder, C. ... [et al.] -- Options for visualizing metastatic disease in the living body / Helms, M.W., Brandt, B.H., Contag, C. -- Infection, inflammation and neoplasia: an interdisciplinary challenge / Zaenker, K.S.
- Inflammation and cancer v. 1-2, 2009, Springer Protocolsv. 2, 2009 Springer Protocolsv. 1. Experimental models and practical approaches -- v. 2. Molecular analysis and pathways.
- Inflammation and gastrointestinal cancers 2011, SpringerBasic concepts of inflammation and its role in carcinogenesis -- Inherited syndromes predisposing to inflammation and GI cancer -- Stem cells and inflammation in the intestine -- Acid reflux and oesophageal cancer -- Helicobacter pylori and gastric cancer -- Inflammatory bowel disease and colon cancer -- Primary sclerosing cholangitis -- Chronic inflammation and hepatocellular carcinoma -- Gastrointestinal cancer: current screening strategies -- Targeted drug therapies and cancer -- Genetics of inflammation in the gastrointestinal tract and how it can cause cancer -- Endoscopic methods.
- Inflammatory breast cancer 2012, SpringerIntroduction: Why IBC Now? /Naoto T. Ueno and Massimo Cristofanilli --Epidemiology of Inflammatory Breast Cancer /Shannon Wiggins, Sarah Taylor and Melissa Bondy --Clinical Aspect of Inflammatory Breast Cancer: Diagnosis, Criteria, Controversy /Shaheenah Dawood and Vicente Valero --Inflammatory Breast Cancer Registry /Jie S. Willey and Naoto T. Ueno --Pathology: Histomorphometrical Features of IBC - Angiogenesis, Lymphangiogenesis, and Tumor Emboli /Sanford H. Barsky and Fredika M. Robertson --Imaging for the Diagnosis and Staging of IBC /Wei Tse Yang --Surgical Therapy for Inflammatory Breast Cancer /Sarah M. Gainer, Hideko Yamauchi and Anthony Lucci --Radiation Therapy for Inflammatory Breast Cancer /Thomas A. Buchholz, Ian Bristol and Wendy Woodward --Systemic and Targeted Therapy /Hideko Yamauchi, Teruo Yamauchi, Naoto T. Ueno and Vicente Valero --Inflammatory Breast Cancer: Chemotherapy of Metastatic Disease /Anthony Gonçalves and Patrice Viens --The Role of the Multidisciplinary Team in Inflammatory Breast Cancer /Nabila Chowdhury and Sandra M. Swain --High-Dose Chemotherapy with Autologous Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation in Inflammatory Breast Cancer /Yee Chung Cheng and Naoto T. Ueno --Models of Inflammatory Breast Cancer /Lara Lacerda and Wendy A. Woodward --Signaling Pathways in Inflammatory Breast Cancer /Dongwei Zhang and Naoto T. Ueno --Molecules That Drive the Invasion and Metastasis of Inflammatory Breast Cancer /Madhura Joglekar and Kenneth L. van Golen --Inflammatory Mediators as Therapeutic Targets for Inflammatory Breast Cancer /Fredika M. Robertson, Khoi Chu, Rita Circo, Julia Wulfkuhle and Lance Liotta, et al. --Immunology of Inflammatory Breast Cancer /James M. Reuben and Bang-Ning Lee --Angiogenesis and Lymphangiogenesis in IBC: Insights from a Genome-Wide Gene Expression Profiling Study /Peter B. Vermeulen, Gert Van den Eynden, Pascal Finetti, Daniel Birnbaum and Naoto T. Ueno, et al. --Microarray Analysis Identifies an Expression Signature for Inflammatory Breast Cancer /François Bertucci, Pascal Finetti, Max Chaffanet, Patrice Viens and Daniel Birnbaum --Cell Gene Expression Signatures in Inflammatory Breast Cancer /Wendy A. Woodward --The Effect of Systemic Chemotherapy on Minimal Residual Disease in the Blood and Bone Marrow of Patients with Inflammatory Breast Cancer /Luc Y. Dirix, Dieter Peeters, Steven Van Laere and Peter B. Vermeulen --Perspective of Patient Advocacy /Michelle Esteban and Patti Bradfield.
- Ingested nitrate and nitrite -- 1. Exposure data -- 2. Studies of cancer in humans -- 3. Studies of cancer in experimental animals -- 4. Mechanistic and other relevant data -- 5. Summary of data reported -- 6. Evaluation and rationale -- -- Cyanobacterial peptide toxins -- 1. Exposure data -- 2. Studies of cancer in humans -- 3. Studies of cancer in experimental animals -- 4. Mechanistic and other relevant data -- 5. Summary of data reported -- 6. Evaluation and rationale
- Inherited cancer syndromes. 2nd ed. 2011, Springer
- Innate and adaptive immunity in the tumor microenvironment 2008, Springer
- Innate immune regulation and cancer immunotherapy 2012, Springer
- Innovative endocrinology of cancer 2008, Springer
- Inorganic and organic lead compounds 2006, IARC
- Insertional mutagenesis strategies in cancer genetics 2011, Springer
- Insulin resistance and cancer 2011, Springer
- Insulin-like growth factors and cancer 2012, SpringerEpidemiology of IGF-1 and cancer / Katharina Nimptsch and Eward Giovannucci -- Aging and cancer : the IGF- I connection / Kalina Biernacka, Claire Perks, and Jeff Holly -- Obesity, type 2 diabetes and cancer / Rosalyn D. Ferguson and Derek LeRoith -- IGF system and breast cancer / Marc A. Becker and Douglas Yee -- The role of insulin-like growth factor signaling in prostate cancer development and progression / Bruce Montgomery, James Dean, and Stephen Plymate -- IGF-1 cellular action and its relationship to cancer : evidence from in vitro and in vivo studies / Rosalyn D. Ferguson ... [et al.] -- Insulin-like growth factor signaling in pediatric sarcomas / Xiaolin Wan, Su Young Kim, and Lee J. Helman -- Cancer genes, tumor suppressors, and regulation of IGF1-R gene expression in cancer / Haim Werner ... [et al.] -- Mouse models of IGF-1R and cancer / Craig I. Campbell, James J. Petrik, and Roger A. Moorehead -- Targeting the insulin-like growth factor-I receptor in cancer therapy / David R. Clemmons -- Targeting insulin-like growth factor receptor 1 (IGF-1R) and insulin receptor signaling by tyrosine kinase inhibitors in cancer / Joan M. Carboni, Mark Wittman, and Fei Huang -- Calories and cancer : the role of insulin-like growth factor-1 / Stephen D. Hursting ... [et al.] -- Cancer cell metabolism / Akash Patnaik, Jason W. Locasale, and Lewis C. Cantley -- Overlaps between the insulin and IGF-I receptor and cancer / Antonino Belfiore and Roberta Malaguarnera.
- Integration/interaction of oncologic growth 2005, SpringerMicroenvironmental effects on tumour progression and metastasis -- Role of microenvironment on gene expression, angiogenesis and microvascular function in tumors -- Imaging of angiogenesis in vivo with fluorescent proteins -- The epigenetic influence of the tumor microenvironment on melanoma plasticity -- Dynamics of cell adhesion interactions during melanoma development -- Matrix metalloproteinases: mediators of tumour-host cell interactions -- Role of brain microenvironments in brain metastases -- Influence of the bone microenvironment on breast cancer metastasis to bone -- Interaction of tumour with host stroma in hepatocellular carcinoma -- Dynamic nature of tumour-host interactions within the tumor microenvironment -- Breast cancer progression: a "vicious cycle" of pro-malignancy activities is mediated by inflammatory cells, chemokines and cytokines -- Tumor and host endothelial cell selective interactions and modulation by microenvironmental chemokines: tumor-endothelial cell cross talk specificity -- The role of chemokine receptors, in particular CXCR4, in lymphoma and carcinoma metastasis --Energy homeostasis and the tumor/host interaction: the role of the brain -- Anti-angiogenic and pro-apoptotic effects of dietary restriction in experimental brain cancer: role of glucose and ketone bodies -- Dietary restriction of specific amino acids modulates tumor and host interactions -- Role of tumour microenvironment in chemoresistance -- Integrin-mediated resistance to chemotherapy-induced apoptosis in cancer cells -- Bone metastasis microenvironment participates in the development of androgen ablation refractoriness and chemotherapy resistance of prostate cancer cells residing in the skeleton: clinical implications -- Current and future therapeutic targets of the tumour-host microenvironment -- Bone stromal cells as therapeutic targets in osseous metastasis -- Organtropism of lung cancer metastasis and its molecular targeted therapy -- Maspin: a novel serine protease inhibitor -- Metastasis suppressor genes: a brief review of an expanding field -- Tumor-host interactions at the metastatic site: MKK4, signal transduction and the stress response.
- Integrative oncology 2008, SpringerIntroduction -- A word of caution: risk of harm associated with alternative complementary/integrative approaches in cancer management and the critical need for quality research to understand and decrease that risk -- Using legal and ethical principles to guide clinical decision making in complementary/integrative cancer medicine -- Communicating with patients about the use of complementary and integrative medicine in cancer care -- The integrative medicine program at The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center -- The integrative medicine service at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center -- Integrative oncology-Leonard P. Zakim Center: the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute experience -- The Johns Hopkins complementary and integrative medicine service -- Integrative oncology at Mayo Clinic: research informing practice -- Mind-body research in cancer -- Herbs and other botanicals: interactions with pharmaceuticals -- Acupuncture in cancer care at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute: an integrative medical practice -- Acupuncture for the side effects of cancer treatments.
- Interventional oncology 2012, Springer
- Intra-operative neuropathology for the non-neuropathologist 2012, Springer
- Intraepithelial neoplasia 2009, Springer
- Intraoperative irradiation. 2nd ed. 2011, Springer
- Intraperitoneal cancer therapy 2007, SpringerManagement of ovarian cancer : the theory / Maurie Markman -- Management of ovarian cancer : clinical trials / Maurie Markman -- A systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized trials / Kenneth Jaaback -- Immunobiology and intraperitoneal immunobiologics in ovarian cancer / Ralph S. Freedman -- Intraperitoneal chemotherapy : technique and complications / Joan L. Walker -- Hyperthermia and chemotherapy : the science / Roger A. Vertrees, Jeffrey M. Jordan, and Joseph B. Zwischenberger -- Hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy in nongynecologic cancers / Bing Yi, Jason M. Foster, and Brian W. Loggie -- Peritoneal carcinomatosis of colorectal origin / Frans A.N. Zoetmulder -- Cytoreductive surgery and hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy for ovarian cancer : experience in France / Olivier Glehen and Francois-Noel Gilly -- Cytoreductive surgery and hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy for ovarian cancer : world experience / C. William Helm -- Techniques of delivering hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy / Jesus Esquivel, Paul H. Sugarbaker, and C. William Helm -- Future directions in the delivery of hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy / Scott Richard and Robert P. Edwards.
- Intraperitoneal therapy for ovarian cancer 2010, SpringerCurrent chemotherapy of ovarian cancer -- Principles of intraperitoneal chemotherapy -- Intraperitoneal chemotherapy: phase III trials -- Criteria for using intraperitoneal (IP) chemotherapy for advanced ovarian cancer -- Selection and placement of intraperitoneal catheters for IP chemotherapy for ovarian cancer -- Selection of drugs for intraperitoneal chemotherapy for ovarian cancer -- Administration guidelines for intraperitoneal chemotherapy for ovarian cancer -- Novel drugs for intraperitoneal therapy for ovarian cancer -- Cytoreductive surgery and perioperative intraperitoneal chemotherapy: an ongoing research effort -- Health-related quality of life and patient-reported outcomes.
- Invasive bladder cancer 2007, Springer
- IPCS Mode of action framework 2007, WHOThe use of structured frameworks in chemical risk assessment promotes transparent, harmonized approaches. This publication presents two IPCS frameworks originally published in Critical Reviews in Toxicology. Part 1 contains the IPCS Framework for Analyzing the Relevance of a Cancer Mode of Action for Humans, along with three case studies illustrating its application. Part 2 contains the IPCS Framework for Analyzing the Relevance of a Non-Cancer Mode of Action for Humans. The frameworks provide a means of ensuring a transparent evaluation of the data, identification of key data gaps and of information that would be of value in the further risk assessment of the chemical in question.--Publisher's description.
- Kidney cancer 2012, Springer
- Killer lymphocytes 2005, Springer
- Kinetochore 2009, SpringerCentromeres and kinetochores : an historical perspective /Kerry S. Bloom --The basics of chromosome segregation /Mitsuhiro Yanagida --The centromere /Beth A. Sullivan --Neocentromeres /Owen J. Marshall and K.H. Andy Choo --Human artificial centromeres : de novo assembly of functional centromeres on human artificial chromosomes /Hiroshi Masumoto, Teruaki Okada, and Yasuhide Okamoto --Kinetochore composition, formation, and organization /Tatsuo Fukagawa and Peter De Wulf --Evolution of centromeres and kinetochores : a two-part fugue /Paul B. Talbert, Joshua J. Bayes, and Steven Henikoff --Mitotic spindle assembly mechanisms /Rebecca Heald and Claire E. Walczak --Kinetochore-microtubule interactions /Lesley Clayton and Tomoyuki U. Tanaka --Post-translational modifications that regulate kinetochore activity /Chitra V. Kotwaliwale and Sue Biggins --The role of the kinetochore in spindle checkpoint signaling /P. Todd Stukenberg and Daniel J. Burke --Kinetochore regulation of anaphase and cytokinesis /Scott Thomas and Kenneth B. Kaplan --Roles of centromeres and kinetochores in meiosis /Adele L. Marston --The kinetochore-cancer connection /Takeshi Tomonaga --The kinetochore as target for cancer drug development /Song-tao Liu and Tim J. Yen.
- Laparoscopic techniques in uro-oncology 2009, Springer
- Laparoscopic urologic surgery in malignancies 2005, Springer
- Late effects of cancer treatment on normal tissues 2008, Springer
- Late effects of treatment for brain tumors 2009, SpringerPart I. Overview of brain tumor survivorship -- Introduction to brain tumor survivorship and historical perspective / Stewart Goldman and Christopher D. Turner -- Late effects of neurosurgery / Arthur J. DiPatri, Martin Pham, and Kenji Muro -- Late effects of CNS radiation therapy / Helen A. Shih, Jay S. Loeffler, and Nancy J. Tarbell -- Late effects of chemotherapy / Sridharan Gururangan -- Late effects of stem cell transplantation in brain tumor survivors / Karina Danner-Koptik, David A. Jacobsohn, and Kimberley J. Dilley -- Effect of cancer treatment on neural stem and progenitor cells / Jörg Dietrich and Santosh Kesari -- The pediatric brain tumor late effects clinic / Kimberly J. Dilley and Barbara Lockart -- Part II. Medical late effects of brain tumor treatment -- Neurological complications in adults / Michelle Monje and Patrick Y. Wen -- Neurological complications in children / Sonia Partap and Paul Graham Fisher -- Strokes among childhood brain tumor survivors / Daniel C. Bowers -- Endocrine late effects: manifestations and treatments / Jason R. Fangusaro and Elizabeth Eaumann Littlejohn -- Ocular consequences and late effects of brain tumor treatments / María E. Echevarría and Joanna L. Weinstein -- Auditory late effects of chemotherapy / Anna K. Meyer and Nancy M. Young -- Reproductive health issues in survivors of childhood and adult brain tumors / Tress Goodwin, B. Elizabeth Delasobera, and Paul Graham Fisher -- Cancer predisposition syndromes / Joanna L. Weinstein, Kanyalakshmi Ayyanar, and Melody A. Watral -- Secondary neoplasms following treatment for brain tumors / Joanna L. Weinstein, Kanyalakshmi Ayyanar, and Melody A. Watral.
- Leptomeningeal metastases 2005, Springer
- Leukaemia 2003, Wellcome Trust
- Leukemia 2009, Springer ProtocolsAn overview: from discovery of candidate mutations to disease modeling and transformation mechanisms of acute leukemia / C.W. So -- Backtracking of leukemic clones to birth / J. Wiemels, M. Kang and M. Greaves -- Fluorescence In situ hybridization (FISH) as a tool for the detection of significant chromosomal abnormalities in childhood leukaemia / Z.J. Konn ... [et al.] -- Specialized fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH) techniques for leukaemia research / L. Kearney and S. Colman -- LDI-PCR: identification of known and unknown gene fusions of the human MLL gene / C. Meyer and R. Marschalek -- Panhandle PCR approaches to cloning MLL genomic breakpoint junctions and fusion transcript sequences / B.W. Robinson and C.A. Felix -- MRD detection in acute lymphoblastic leukemia patients using Ig/TCR gene rearrangements as targets for real-time quantitative PCR / V.H. van der Velden and J.J. van Dongen -- Array-based comparative genomic hybridization as a tool for analyzing the leukemia genome / J.C. Strefford and H. Parker -- Application of SNP genotype arrays to determine somatic changes in cancer / M. Gupta and B.D. Young -- Retroviral/Lentiviral transduction and transformation assay / B.B. Zeisig and C.W. So -- Gene expression profiling of leukemia stem cells / A.V. Krivtsov ... [et al.] -- Humanized model to study leukemic stem cells / D. Bonnet -- Model systems for examining effects of leukemia-associated oncogenes in primary human CD34+ cells via retroviral transduction / M. Wunderlich and J.C. Mulloy -- Ex vivo assays to study self-renewal and long-term expansion of genetically modified primary human acute myeloid leukemia stem cells / J.J. Schuringa and H. Schepers -- Identification and characterization of hematopoietic stem and progenitor cell populations in mouse bone marrow by flow cytometry / J. Yeung and A.C. Wai Eric So -- In vitro differentiation of mouse embryonic stem cells as a model of early hematopoietic development / P. Sroczynska ... [et al.] -- Analysis of the mouse placenta as a hematopoietic stem cell niche / K. Ottersbach and E. Dzierzak -- Identification of protein interaction partners by the yeast two-hybrid system / M.P. Garcia-Cuellar, D. Mederer and R.K. Slany -- Complete array of HOX gene expression by RQ-PCR / G.J. Dickson, T.R. Lappin and A. Thompson -- Genome-wide determination of DNA methylation by Hpa II tiny fragment enrichment by ligation-mediated PCR (HELP) for the study of acute leukemias / M.E. Figueroa, A. Melnick and J.M. Greally -- Chromatin immunoprecipitation (ChIP) for analysis of histone modifications and chromatin-associated proteins / T.A. Milne, K. Zhao and J.L. Hess.
- Link between inflammation and cancer 2006, SpringerInflammation and cancer: the role of the immune response and angiogenesis /Angus G. Dalgleish and Ken O'Byrne --Chronic inflammation and pathogenesis of GI and pancreatic cancers /Lindsey N. Jackson and B. Mark Evers --Cytokines, NF-[kappa]B, microenvironment, intestinal inflammation and cancer /Arndt J. Schottelius and Harald Dinter --Regulation of NF-[kappa]B transcriptional activity /Linda Vermeulen, Wim Vanden Berghe and Guy Haegeman --The role of immune cells in the tumor microenvironment /Theresa L. Whiteside --Tumor-microenvironment interactions: the seletcin-selectin ligand axis in tumor-endothelium cross talk /Isaac P. Witz --CD95L/FasL and trail in tumour surveillance and cancer therapy /Harald Wajant --Infection & neoplastic growth 101: the required reading for microbial pathogens aspiring to cause cancer /Jessica Berout and Andrei Thomas-Tikhonenko --Cytokines as mediators and targets for cancer cachexia /Josep M. Argilés, Sílvia Busquets and Francisco J. López-Soriano --Targeting NF-[kappa]B in anticancer adjunctive chemotherapy /Burkhard Haefner.
- Lipid A in cancer therapy 2009, SpringerStructure and synthesis of lipid A / Shoichi Kusumoto, Masahito Hashimoto and Kazuyoshi Kawahara -- Conformation and supramolecular structure of lipid A / Klaus Brandenburg and Ulrich Seydel -- Interactions between lipid A and serum proteins / Jèorg Andrèa ... [et al.] -- The lipid A receptor / Kiyoshi Takeda -- Lipid A receptor TLR4-mediated signaling pathways / Masahiro Yamamoto and Shizuo Akira -- Lipid A-induced responses in vivo / Néjia Sassi ... [et al.] -- Lipid A-mediated tolerance and cancer therapy / Cheryl E. Rockwell, David C. Morrison and Nilofer Qureshi -- Lipid A in cancer therapies : preclinical results / Daniele Reisser and Jean-François Jeannin -- Monophosphoryl lipid A (MPL) as an adjuvant for anti-cancer vaccines : clinical results / Christopher W. Cluff -- Antitumoral effects of lipids A : clinical studies / Marc Bardou and Danièle Reisser.
- Lippincott's Cancer chemotherapy handbook 2001, Ovid
- Liver cancer 2009, Springer
- Liver metastases 2009, Springer
- Liver metastasis 2011, Springer
- Lung cancer 2010, Springer
- Lung cancer 2003, Springer Protocolsv. 2 Springer Protocolsv. 1. Molecular pathology methods and reviews -- v. 2. Diagnostic and therapeutic methods and reviews.
- Lung cancer metastasis 2009, SpringerLung Cancer: Overview / Shirish M. Gadgeel and Gregory P. Kalemkerian -- Hallmarks of Metastasis / M. Roshni Ray and David M. Jablons -- Tumor Stem Cells and Metastasis / Jaclyn Y. Hung -- Epithelial-Mesenchymal Transition as a Mechanism of Metastasis / Katia Savary, Stefan Termén, Sylvie Thuault, Venkateshwar Keshamouni and Aristidis Moustakas -- Mechanisms of Tumor Cell Migration and Invasion in Lung Cancer Metastasis / Charles Kumar Thodeti and Kaustabh Ghosh -- Immunologic Mechanisms in Lung Carcinogenesis and Metastasis / Jay M. Lee, Jane Yanagawa, Saswati Hazra, Sherven Sharma and Tonya Walser, et al. -- Angiogenesis and Angiogenic Diversity in Lung Cancer Metastasis / Douglas A. Arenberg -- Chemokines in Lung Cancer Metastasis / Borna Mehrad, Ellen C. Keeley and Robert M. Strieter -- Molecular Control of Lymphatic Metastasis in Lung Cancer / Mark M. Fuster and Judith A. Varner -- Carcinoma-Associated Fibroblasts in Lung Cancer / Roya Navab, Bizhan Bandarchi and Ming-Sound Tsao -- The Role of Tumor-Associated Macrophages and Other Innate Immune Cells in Metastatic Progression of Lung Cancer / Zvi G. Fridlender, M. Cecilia Crisanti and Steven M. Albelda -- Experimental Animal Models for Studying Lung Cancer / Jiang Liu and Michael R. Johnston -- Molecular Imaging in Lung Cancer Metastases / Mahaveer Swaroop Bhojani, Shyam Nyati, Hyma R. Rao, Brian D. Ross and Alnawaz Rehemtulla -- Biomarker Discovery for Metastatic Disease / Gilbert S. Omenn and James D. Cavalcoli -- Current Clinical Management of Metastatic Lung Cancer / Bryan J. Schneider and Suresh S. Ramalingam -- Site-Directed Therapy for Lung Cancer Metastases / Kevin S Oh, Baskaran Sundaram, Venkataramu Krishnamurthy, Allan Pickens and Malini Venkatram, et al. -- Systems Approach for Understanding Metastasis / Peter J. Woolf, Angel Alvarez and Venkateshwar G. Keshamouni.
- Lung cancer. 3rd ed. 2005, OvidEtiology and epidemiology -- Lung cancer biology -- Screening/early detection/prevention -- Pathology and molecular classification -- Clinical presentation, diagnosis, staging, and prognosis -- Surgery -- Radiation therapy -- Chemotherapy -- Multimodality therapy of NSCLC -- Treatment of small cell lung cancer -- Novel therapeutic strategies -- Palliation and special considerations -- Other thoracic tumors.
- Lung imaging and computer-aided diagnosis 2012, CRCnetBASE"Lung cancer remains the leading cause of cancer-related deaths worldwide. Early diagnosis can improve the effectiveness of treatment and increase a patient's chances of survival. Thus, there is an urgent need for new technology to diagnose small, malignant lung nodules early as well as large nodules located away from large diameter airways because the current technology, namely, needle biopsy and bronchoscopy, fail to diagnose those cases. However, the analysis of small, indeterminate lung masses is fraught with many technical difficulties. Often patients must be followed for years with serial CT scans in order to establish a diagnosis, but inter-scan variability, slice selection artifacts, differences in degree of inspiration, and scan angles can make comparing serial scans unreliable. Lung Imaging and Computer Aided Diagnosis brings together researchers in pulmonary image analysis to present state-of-the-art image processing techniques for detecting and diagnosing lung cancer at an early stage. The book addresses variables and discrepancies in scans and proposes ways of evaluating small lung masses more consistently to allow for more accurate measurement of growth rates and analysis of shape and appearance of the detected lung nodules. Dealing with all aspects of image analysis of the data, this book examines: Lung segmentation, Nodule segmentation, Vessels segmentation, Airways segmentation, Lung registration, Detection of lung nodules, Diagnosis of detected lung nodules, Shape and appearance analysis of lung nodules. Contributors also explore the effective use of these methodologies for diagnosis and therapy in clinical applications. Arguably the first book of its kind to address and evaluate image-based diagnostic approaches for the early diagnosis of lung cancer, Lung Imaging and Computer Aided Diagnosis constitutes a valuable resource for biomedical engineers, researchers, and clinicians in lung disease imaging"--Provided by publisher.
- Lymphangiogenesis in cancer metastasis 2009, Springer
- Lymphoma 2005, Springer Protocols
- Lymphoma and leukemia of the nervous system. 2nd ed. 2012, Springer
- 1. Noninvasive Breast Cancer /Robert H. I. Andtbacka ... [et al.] --2. Invasive Breast Cancer /Jonathan S. Zager ... [et al.] --3. Melanoma /Timothy M. Pawlik and Jeffrey E. Gershenwald --4. Nonmelanoma Skin Cancer /Nestor F. Esnaola and Keith M. Heaton --5. Soft Tissue and Bone Sarcoma /Keith A. Delman and Janice N. Cormier --6. Cancer in the Head and Neck /Kenneth A. Newkirk and F. Christopher Holsinger --7. Thoracic Malignancies /Shanda H. Blackmon and Ara A. Vaporciyan --8. Esophageal Carcinoma /Alexander A. Parikh, Ara A. Vaporciyan, and Wayne L. Hofstetter --9. Gastric Cancer /Waddah B. Al-Refaie and Paul F. Mansfield --10. Small-Bowel Malignancies and Carcinoid Tumors /Keith D. Amos and Rosa F. Hwang --11. Cancer of the Colon, Rectum, and Anus /George J. Chang and Barry W. Feig --12. Hepatobiliary Cancers /Eugene A. Choi, Steven E. Rodgers, Syed A. Ahmad, and Eddie K. Abdalla --13. Pancreatic Adenocarcinoma /Rosa F. Hwang ... [et al.] --14. Pancreatic Endocrine Tumors and Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia /Jeffrey T. Lenert ... [et al.] --15. Adrenal Tumors /Ricardo J. Gonzalez and Jeffrey E. Lee --16. Carcinoma of the Thyroid and Parathyroid Glands /Keith D. Amos, Mouhammed A. Habra, and Nancy D. Perrier --17. Hematologic Malignancies and Splenic Tumors /Wayne A. I. Frederick ... [et al.] --18. Cancer of Unknown Primary Site /Gauri R. Varadhachary --19. Genitourinary Cancer /Christopher G. Wood and Colin P.N. Dinney --20. Gynecologic Cancers /Brian M. Slomovitz, Pamela T. Soliman, Judith K. Wolf --21. Oncologic Emergencies /Jeffrey D. Wayne and Richard J. Bold --22. Biologic Cancer Therapy /Daniel Albo, Thomas N. Wang, and George P. Tuszynski --23. Pharmacotherapy of Cancer /Judy L. Chase and Chad M. Barnett --24. Reconstructive Surgery in the Cancer Patient /Jules A. Feledy, Jr. Matthew M. Hanasono, and Geoffrey L. Robb --Index.
- Male reproductive cancers 2010, Springer
- Malignant mesothelioma 2005, Springer
- Malignant mesothelioma 2011, Springer
- Management of breast cancer in older women 2010, Springer1. Background and Epidemiology -- Basic Science of Breast Cancer in Older Patients / Irmgard Irminger-Finger -- Tumor Biology and Pathology / Virginie Durbecq and Denis Larsimont Clinical Epidemiology and the Impact of Co-Morbidity on Survival / Adri C. Voogd, Marieke J. Louwman and Jan Willem W. Coebergh -- 2. Special Considerations in the Management of Older Women -- Comprehensive Geriatric Assessment / Margot A. Gosney -- A Practical Mini-Guide to Comprehensive Geriatric Assessment / Siri Rostoft Kristjansson -- Impact of the Physiological Effects of Aging on the Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics of Systemic Breast Cancer Treatment / Paul Hamberg, Maja J. A. de Jonge and Caroline M. Seynaeve -- Impact of Hormone Replacement Therapy on Breast Cancer / Toral Gathani and Valerie Beral -- Experiences of a Multidisciplinary Elderly Breast Cancer Clinic: Using the Right Specialists, in the Same Place, with Time / Anne Stotter, Mohammad Tahir, Robert S. Pretorius and Thompson Robinson -- 3. Therapeutics -- Mammographic Breast Screening in Elderly Women / Lynda Wyld -- Primary Endocrine Therapy for the Treatment of Early Breast Cancer in Older Women / Lynda Wyld and Daniel Hind -- Peroperative Radiotherapy / Roberto Orecchia, Giovanni Battista Ivaldi and Maria Cristina Leonardi -- General and Local Anesthetics / Bernadette Th. Veering -- The Surgical Management of Breast Cancer in Elderly Women / Malcolm W. R. Reed, Lynda Wyld and Riccardo A. Audisio -- Breast Reconstruction / Marcus J. D. Wagstaff, Malcolm W. R. Reed and Christopher M. Caddy -- Adjuvant Endocrine Therapy / Laura Biganzoli -- Adjuvant Chemotherapy / Sumanta Kumar Pal, Nilesh Vora and Arti Hurria -- Adjuvant Radiotherapy / Pierre G. M. Scalliet -- Prevention and Treatment of Skeletal Complications / Matthew C. Winter, Helen L. Neville-Webbe and Robert E. Coleman -- Medical Management of Advanced Disease / Hans P. M. W. Wildiers -- The Use of Chemotherapy in Elderly Cancer Patients: Dose Adjusting, Drug Interactions, and Polypharmacy / Lazzaro Repetto and Claudia Di Bartolomeo -- 4. Psychosocial Considerations -- Delayed Presentation of Breast Cancer in Older Women / Lindsay J. L. Forbes and Amanda J. Ramirez -- Patient Decision Making / Martine Extermann -- Culture, Ethnicity, and Race: Persistent Disparities in Older Women with Breast Cancer / Antonella Surbone and Marjorie Kagawa-Singer -- Supportive, Palliative and End-of-Life Care for Older Breast Cancer Patients / Elaine Cachia, Ruth Broadhurst and Sam H. Ahmedzai.
- Management of breast diseases 2010, SpringerAnatomy and Physiology of the Breast -- Congenital and Developmental Abnormalities of the Breast -- Nipple Discharge -- Mastalgia -- Management of Common Lactation and Breastfeeding Problems -- Evaluation of a Breast Mass -- Breast Cancer Epidemiology -- Breast Cancer Screening -- Breast Imaging -- Premalignant and Malignant Breast Pathology -- Lobular Carcinoma in Situ -- Ductal Carcinoma in Situ -- Surgical Considerations in the Management of Primary Invasive Breast Cancer -- Sentinel Node Concept -- Breast Reconstructive Surgery -- The Role of Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer Management -- Adjuvant Systemic Therapy for Breast Cancer: An Overview -- Endocrine Therapy -- Chemotherapeutic Agents -- HER2-Targeted Therapy -- Inflammatory and Locally Advanced Breast Cancer -- Preoperative (Neoadjuvant) Systemic Therapy -- Metastatic Breast Cancer -- Hormone Replacement Therapy: A Critical Review -- Breast Diseases in Males -- Breast Cancer in the Elderly -- Breast Cancer in Younger Women -- Psychological Support for the Breast Cancer Patient -- Management of the Patient with a Genetic Predisposition for Breast Cancer -- Chemoprevention of Breast Cancer -- Design, Implementation, and Interpretation of Clinical Trials -- Structure of Breast Care Center -- Medicolegal Pitfalls in Breast Cancer Diagnosis and Management.
- Management of cancer in the older patient 2012, ScienceDirect
- Management of prostate cancer 2012, SpringerEpidemiology of Prostate Cancer in Europe /Ruben G. Cremers and Lambertus A. Kiemeney --Chemoprevention of Prostate Cancer /Bertrand Tombal --Individual and Mass Screening /Chris H. Bangma, Pim J. van Leeuwen and Monique J. Roobol --Anatomo-Pathology /Theodorus H. Van der Kwast --Biomarkers for Prostate Cancer /Gisele H. J. M. Leyten, Peter F. A. Mulders and Jack A. Schalken --Diagnosis, Clinical Work Up, TNM Classification, Markers /Jean-Luc Descotes and Anne-Sophie Gauchez --Active Surveillance for Favorable Risk Prostate Cancer: Background, Patient Selection, Triggers for Intervention, and Outcomes /Laurence Klotz --Open Radical Prostatectomy /Hein van Poppel and Steven Joniau --Robot-Assisted Radical Prostatectomy /Stefan Carlsson and Nils Peter Wiklund --Permanent Prostate Brachytherapy /Jan J. Battermann --High-Dose-Rate Brachytherapy: Indications, Technique, and Results /Alberto Bossi, Rodolfe Verstraet, Lucie Calmels and Pierre Blanchard.Intensity Modulated Radiotherapy for Prostate Cancer /Olivier Chapet, Corina Udrescu and Ciprian Enachescu --Combination of Androgen Deprivation Therapy and Radiation Therapy for Locally Advanced and Localized Prostate Cancer /Michel Bolla and Camille Verry --Postoperative Irradiation: Immediate or Early Delayed? /Dirk Bottke and Thomas Wiegel --High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU) for Prostate Cancer /Albert Gelet, Sebastien Crouzet, Olivier Rouviere and Jean-Yves Chapelon --Cryotherapy /Matvey Tsivian and Thomas J. Polascik --Follow-up After Radical Treatments and Relapse /Nicolas Mottet --First-Line Hormonal Manipulation of Prostate Cancer /Suresh Venugopal and John Anderson --Resistance to Chemical Castration: Second-Line Hormonal Treatment /Yohann Loriot, Christophe Massard and Karim Fizazi --Targeted Therapies and Vaccination /Guru Sonpavde and Cora N. Sternberg --How to Interpret Results? /Laurence Collette --Management of Prostate Cancer: EAU Guidelines on Screening, Diagnosis and Treatment /Axel Heidenreich --Better Patients' Perspective /Louis J. Denis.
- Management of thyroid cancer and related nodular disease 2006, Springer
- Managing skin cancer 2010, SpringerDiagnosis of Skin Cancer -- Histopathology of Skin Cancer -- Basal Cell Carcinoma -- Squamous Cell Carcinoma In Situ -- Invasive Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Skin -- Cutaneous Malignant Melanoma -- Merkel Cell Carcinoma -- Cutaneous Lymphomas -- Kaposi Sarcoma -- Other Skin Cancers. Fibrohistiocytic Skin Cancers and Extramammary Paget's Disease -- Skin Cancer Under Special Circumstances -- Skin Cancer Prevention.
- Manual of fast track recovery for colorectal surgery 2012, Springer
- Manual of pediatric hematology and oncology. 5th ed. 2011, ScienceDirectChapter 1. Classification and Diagnosis of Anemia in Children -- Chapter 2. Anemia During the Neonatal Period -- Chapter 3. Iron-Deficiency Anemia -- Chapter 4. Megaloblastic Anemia -- Chapter 5. Hematologic Manifestations of Systemic Illness -- Chapter 6. Bone Marrow Failure -- Chapter 7. Red Cell Membrane and Enzyme Defects -- Chapter 8. Hemoglobinopathies -- Chapter 9. Extracorpuscular Hemolytic Anemia -- Chapter 10. Polycythemia -- Chapter 11. Disorders of White Blood Cells -- Chapter 12. Disorders of Platelets -- Chapter 13. Hemostatic Disorders -- Chapter 14. Thrombotic Disorders -- Chapter 15. Lymphadenopathy and Splenomegaly -- Chapter 16. Lymphoproliferative Disorders, Myelodysplastic Syndromes and Myeloproliferative Disorders -- Chapter 17. Leukemias -- Chapter 18. Histiocytosis Syndromes -- Chapter 19. Hodgkin Lymphoma -- Chapter 20. Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma -- Chapter 21. Central Nervous System Malignancies -- Chapter 22. Neuroblastoma -- Chapter 23. Renal Tumors -- Chapter 24. Rhabdomyosarcoma and Other Soft-Tissue Sarcomas -- Chapter 25. Malignant Bone Tumors -- Chapter 26. Retinoblastoma -- Chapter 27. Germ Cell Tumors -- Chapter 28. Hepatic Tumors -- Chapter 29. Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation -- Chapter 30. Management of Oncologic Emergencies -- Chapter 31. Supportive Care of Patients with Cancer -- Chapter 32. Evaluation, Investigations and Management of Late Effects of Childhood Cancer -- Chapter 33. Psychosocial Aspects of Cancer for Children and their Families.
- MASCC Textbook of cancer supportive care and survivorship 2011, SpringerCancer symptoms and side effects of treatment -- Cancer pain -- Cancer-related fatigue -- Palliative care: end-of-life symptoms -- Supportive care in elderly cancer patients -- Supportive care in pediatric oncology -- Quality-of-life assessment: the challenge of incorporating quality-of-life and patient-reported outcomes into investigative trials and clinical practice -- Cardiac toxicities of cancer therapies: challenges for patients and survivors of cancer -- Malignant pericardial effusion and cardiac tamponade (cardiac and pericardial symptoms) -- The vena cava syndrome -- Pulmonary toxicity of therapy -- Management of respiratory symptoms in people with cancer -- Endocrine and metabolic symptoms of cancer and its treatment -- Sexual problems in patients with cancer -- Sterility, infertility, and teratogenicity -- Menopause symptoms -- Preserving cardiac health in the breast cancer patient treated with anthracyclines -- Thrombosis and bleeding in cancer patients -- Lymphedema care -- Infections and cancer --Cancer cachexia and anorexia -- Xerostomia and dental problems in the head and neck radiation patient -- Dysphagia, reflux, and hiccups -- Nausea and vomiting -- Mucositis (oral and gastrointestinal) -- Diarrhea, constipation, and obstruction in cancer management -- Ascites -- Hepatotoxicity and hepatic dysfunction -- Urological symptoms and side effects of treatment -- Gynecological symptoms -- Central nervous system symptoms: headache, seizures, encephalopathy, and memory impairment -- Neuromuscular disease and spinal cord compression -- Eye symptoms and toxicities of systemic chemotherapy -- Extravasation -- Dermatologic toxicities -- Chemotherapy-induced alopecia: overview and methodology for characterizing hair changes and regrowth -- Rehabilitation in cancer -- Oral health and survivorship: late effects of cancer and cancer therapy -- Survivorship: psychosocial, physical issues, and insomnia -- Spiritual issues in supportive cancer care.
- Mass spectrometry in cancer research 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Mast cells and tumours 2011, Springer
- Materia medica for various cancers 2012, Springer
- MD Anderson manual of medical oncology. 2nd ed. 2011, AccessMedicinePart I. Leukemia -- Chapter 1. Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia -- Chapter 2. Adult Acute Myeloid Leukemia -- Chapter 3. Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia and Associated Disorders -- Chapter 4. Chronic Myeloid Leukemia -- Chapter 5. Myelodysplastic Syndromes: The MD Anderson Cancer Center Approach -- Chapter 6. Philadelphia Chromosome-Negative Myeloproliferative Neoplasms -- Part II. Lymphoma and Myeloma -- Chapter 7. The Indolent Lymphomas -- Chapter 8. Aggressive and Highly Aggressive B-Cell Lymphomas -- Chapter 9. T-Cell Lymphomas -- Chapter 10. Hodgkin Lymphoma -- Chapter 11. Multiple Myeloma and Other Plasma Cell Dyscrasias -- Part III. Stem Cell Transplantation -- Chapter 12. Allogeneic Transplantation -- Chapter 13. Autologous Stem Cell Transplantation -- Part IV. Lung Cancer -- Chapter 14. Small Cell Carcinoma of the Lungs -- Chapter 15. Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer -- Part V. Head and Neck Cancer -- Chapter 16. Head and Neck Cancer -- Part VI. Gastrointestinal Carcinomas -- Chapter 17. Gastric and Esophageal Cancer -- Chapter 18. Pancreatic Cancer -- Chapter 19. Hepatobiliary Malignancies -- Chapter 20. Small Bowel Cancer and Appendiceal Tumors -- Chapter 21. Colorectal Cancer -- Chapter 22. Anal Cancer -- Chapter 23. Neuroendocrine Tumors -- Part VII. Breast Cancer -- Chapter 24. Early-Stage and Locally Advanced Breast Cancer -- Chapter 25. Metastatic Breast Cancer --Chapter 26. Inflammatory Breast Cancer -- Chapter 27. Special Situations in Breast Cancer -- Part VIII. Gynecologic Malignancies -- Chapter 28. Ovarian Cancer -- Chapter 29. Tumors of the Uterine Corpus -- Chapter 30. Tumors of the Uterine Cervix -- Chapter 31. Gestational Trophoblastic Tumors -- Part IX. Genitourinary Carcinoma -- Chapter 32. Renal Cell Carcinoma -- Chapter 33. Bladder Cancer -- Chapter 34. Prostate Cancer -- Chapter 35. Penile Cancer -- Chapter 36. Germ Cell Tumors -- Part X. Miscellaneous Tumors -- Chapter 37. Tumors of the Central Nervous System -- Chapter 38. Endocrine Malignancies -- Chapter 39. Malignant Melanoma -- Chapter 40. Soft Tissue and Bone Sarcomas -- Chapter 41. The AIDS-Related Cancers -- Chapter 42. Carcinoma of Unknown Primary -- Part XI. Supportive Care -- Chapter 43. Infection in the Neutropenic Patient -- Chapter 44. Fungal and Viral Infections in Cancer Patients -- Chapter 45. Endocrine and Metabolic Complications of Cancer Therapy -- Chapter 46. Oncologic Emergencies -- Part XII. Palliative Care and Symptom Management -- Chapter 47. Defining Palliative Care in Oncology -- Chapter 48. Pain Management and Symptom Control -- Part XIII. Long-Term Survival -- Chapter 49. Pediatric Long-Term Follow-Up -- Chapter 50. Adult Long-Term Follow-Up -- Chapter 51. Rehabilitation.
- "The current edition of The Handbook provides an overview of current care of patients with cancer diagnoses commonly evaluated and treated by surgical oncologists, and in doing so continues to align such care with the underlying philosophy of the Department of Surgical Oncology at M.D. Anderson: multidisciplinary, cooperative care is the ideal way to manage patients with cancer. Such care begins with an understanding of the underlying tumor biology and natural history of the disease and includes technical excellence in the delivery of indicated surgical treatment. It also demands integration of essential information from the available literature on currently preferred treatment modalities, and emphasizes appropriate inclusion of adjunctive specialty care, including medical oncology, radiation oncology, interventional radiology, palliative care, pain management, physical therapy, nutritional support, social services and nursing"--Provided by publisher.
- Mechanisms of oncogenesis 2010, Springer
- Melanoma development 2011, Springer
- Metastasis of Breast Cancer 2007, Springer
- Metastasis of prostate cancer 2007, Springer
- Microarray technology and cancer gene profiling 2006, SpringerManufacturing of microarrays -- Technological platforms for microarray gene expression profiling -- Principles of gene microarray data analysis -- Gaining weights ... and feeling good about it! -- Complementary techniques -- Microarrays for cancer diagnosis and classification -- Gene profiling for the prediction of tumor response to treatment: the case of immunotherapy -- Identification of molecular determinants of tumor sensitivity and resistance to anticancer drugs -- SNP and mutation analysis -- Cancer development and progression -- Gene expression profiling in malignant lymphomas -- Tumor immunology.
- Micrometastasis 2003, Springer
- MicroRNA and Cancer 2011, Springer ProtocolsMicroRNA Biogenesis and Cancer / Julia Winter, Sven Diederichs -- Computational Identification of miRNAs Involved in Cancer / Anastasis Oulas, Nestoras Karathanasis, Panayiota Poirazi -- The Principles of MiRNA-Masking Antisense Oligonucleotides Technology / Zhiguo Wang -- The Concept of Multiple-Target Anti-miRNA Antisense Oligonucleotide Technology / Zhiguo Wang -- Modulation of MicroRNAs for Potential Cancer Therapeutics / Wei Wu -- Detection of MicroRNAs in Cultured Cells and Paraffin-Embedded Tissue Specimens by In Situ Hybridization / Ashim Gupta, Yin-Yuan Mo -- MicroRNA Northern Blotting, Precursor Cloning, and Ago2-Improved RNA Interference / Julia Winter, Sven Diederichs -- miRNA Profiling on High-Throughput OpenArray System / Elena V. Grigorenko, Elen Ortenberg, James Hurley, Andrew Bond, Kevin Munnelly -- Silicon Nanowire Biosensor for Ultrasensitive and Label-Free Direct Detection of miRNAs / Guo-Jun Zhang -- High-Throughput and Reliable Protocols for Animal MicroRNA Library Cloning / Caide Xiao -- MicroRNA Regulation of Growth Factor Receptor Signaling in Human Cancer Cells / Keith M. Giles, Andrew Barker, Priscilla M. Zhang, Michael R. Epis, Peter J. Leedman -- Epigenetic Regulation of MicroRNA Expression in Cancer / Hani Choudhry, James W. Catto -- In Vitro Functional Study of miR-126 in Leukemia / Zejuan Li, Jianjun Chen -- Prediction of the Biological Effect of Polymorphisms Within MicroRNA Binding Sites / Debora Landi, Roberto Barale, Federica Gemignani, Stefano Landi -- The Guideline of the Design and Validation of MiRNA Mimics / Zhiguo Wang -- Analysis of Targets and Functions Coregulated by MicroRNAs / Shu-Jen Chen, Hua-Chien Chen -- Utilization of SSCprofiler to Predict a New miRNA Gene / Anastasis Oulas, Panayiota Poirazi -- MicroRNA Profiling Using Fluorescence-Labeled Beads: Data Acquisition and Processing / Thomas Streichert, Benjamin Otto, Ulrich Lehmann.
- MicroRNA profiling in cancer 2010, CRCnetBASEMeasurement and interpretation of microRNA expression profiles / Bo Curry and Robert Ach -- MicroRNA expression analysis by LNA enhanced microarrays / Rolf Sokilde ... [et al.] -- Analysis and QC for real-time OPCR arrays of human microRNAs / Dirk P. Ditmer ... [et al.] -- Massively parallel microRNA profiling in the haematologic malignancies / Ryan D. Morin ... [et al.] -- Who dunit? microRNAs involved in prostate cancer / Chang Hee Kim -- Intronic microRNA : creation, evolution and regulation / Sailen Barik and Titus Barik -- miRome architechture and genomic instability / Konrad Huppi ... [et al.] -- Interconnection of microRNA and transcription factor-mediated regulatory networks / Yiming Zhou -- Analysis of microRNA profiling data with systems biology tools / Yuriy Gusev ... [et al.] -- Mathematical and computational modeling of post-transriptional gene regulation by microRNAs / Raya Khanin and Desmond J. Higham.
- Part 1.Introduction --Minimal Residual Disease and Circulating Tumor Cells in Breast Cancer: Open Questions for Research /Michail Ignatiadis, Christos Sotiriou and Klaus Pantel --Part 2.Minimal residual disease and breast cancer metastasis --Self-Seeding in Cancer /Elizabeth Comen and Larry Norton --Microenvironments Dictating Tumor Cell Dormancy /Paloma Bragado, Maria Soledad Sosa, Patricia Keely, John Condeelis and Julio A. Aguirre-Ghiso --Part 3.Technologies for circulating tumor cell (CTC) and disseminated tumor cell (DTC) detection and characterization --Immunomagnetic Separation Technologies /Astrid E. L. M. Hoeppener, Joost F. Swennenhuis and Leon W. M. M. Terstappen --Microfluidic Technologies /Ali Asgar. S. Bhagat and Chwee Teck Lim --EPISPOT Assay: Detection of Viable DTCs/CTCs in Solid Tumor Patients /Catherine Alix-Panabières --Advances in Optical Technologies for Rare Cell Detection and Characterization /Lou Dietz and Richard Bruce --Size-Based Enrichment Technologies for CTC Detection and Characterization /Anthony Williams, Marija Balic, Ram Datar and Richard Cote --Emerging Technologies for CTC Detection Based on Depletion of Normal Cells /Maryam Lustberg, Kris R. Jatana, Maciej Zborowski and Jeffrey J. Chalmers --Molecular Assays for the Detection and Characterization of CTCs /Evi S. Lianidou and Athina Markou --Multiplex Molecular Analysis of CTCs /Anieta M. Sieuwerts and Stefanie S. Jeffrey.Part 4.Other blood-based biomarkers /Circulating DNA and Next-Generation Sequencing --Susanna Cooke and Peter Campbell --Circulating MicroRNAs as Noninvasive Biomarkers in Breast Cancer /Maria Angelica Cortez, James William Welsh and George Adrian Calin --Circulating Endothelial Cells and Circulating Endothelial Progenitors /Patrizia Mancuso, Angelica Calleri and Francesco Bertolini --Part 5.Disseminated tumor cells (DTCs) and circulating tumor cells (CTCs) in breast cancer clinical research and practice --DTCs in Breast Cancer: Clinical Research and Practice /W. Janni, Brigitte Rack, N. Kasprowicz, C. Scholz and P. Hepp --CTCs in Primary Breast Cancer (I) /Brigitte Rack, Ulrich Andergassen, Wolfgang Janni and Julia Neugebauer --CTCs in Primary Breast Cancer (II) /E. Saloustros and D. Mavroudis --CTCs in Metastatic Breast Cancer /Antonio Giordano and Massimo Cristofanilli --HER2-Positive DTCs/CTCs in Breast Cancer /Andreas D. Hartkopf, Malgorzata Banys and Tanja Fehm --DTCs/CTCs in Breast Cancer: Five Decades Later /Susan Alsamarai, Maysa M. Abu-Khalaf and Lyndsay N. Harris --Part 6.Drug and circulating tumor cell co-development --Challenges in Drug and Biomarker Co-Development /Sheila E. Taube and Tracy Lively --Challenges and Opportunities in the Use of CTCs for Companion Diagnostic Development /Elizabeth A. Punnoose and Mark R. Lackner.
- Minimally invasive breast biopsies 2009, Springer
- Minimally invasive surgical oncology 2011, Springer
- Minimally invasive tumor therapies 2006, Springer
- Mitochondria and cancer 2009, Springer
- Modeling tumor vasculature 2012, Springer
- Modern molecular biology 2010, SpringerGenome-Scale Analysis of Data from High-Throughput Technologies / Sarah J. Wheelan -- Analysis of Inherited and Acquired Genetic Variation / Srinivasan Yegnasubramanian and William B. Isaacs -- Examining DNA-Protein Interactions with Genome-Wide Chromatin Immunoprecipitation Analysis / Esteban Ballestar and Manel Esteller -- Genome-Wide DNA Methylation Analysis in Cancer Research / Srinivasan Yegnasubramanian and William G. Nelson -- Use of Expression Microarrays in Cancer Research / Jun Luo and Yidong Chen -- Signal Sequencing for Gene Expression Profiling / Biaoyang Lin, Jeremy Wechsler and Leroy Hood -- Mass Spectrometry Based Proteomics in Cancer Research / Mohamad A. Abbani, Parag Mallick and Maryann S. Vogelsang -- Tissue Microarrays in Cancer Research / Toby C. Cornish and Angelo M. De Marzo.
- Modulation of protein stability in cancer therapy 2009, Springer
- Mohs micrographic surgery 2012, SpringerAn Introduction to Mohs Micrographic Surgery --Indications for Mohs Micrographic Surgery --Preoperative Evaluation --Mohs Micrographic Surgery Operative Room Setup --Anesthetic Considerations: Local Versus Regional --Cutaneous Anatomy in Mohs Micrographic Surgery --Mohs Surgery: Fixed Tissue Technique --Fresh Tissue Technique --Special Considerations for Mohs Micrographic Surgery in Organ Transplant Recipients --Mohs Micrographic Surgery in Ethnic Skin --Histopathology Laboratory Setup and Necessary Instrumentation --Tissue Transport and Initial Processing Cryostat Preparation of Slides --Histopathologic Interpretation of Mohs Slides --Tissue Specimen Documentation, Record Keeping, and Sample Storage --Immunostains --Basal Cell Carcinoma --Squamous Cell Carcinoma --Mohs Micrographic Surgery for the Treatment of Cutaneous Melanoma --Dermatofibrosarcoma Protuberans --Microcystic Adnexal Carcinoma --Atypical Fibroxanthoma --Extramammary Paget Disease --Leiomyosarcoma --Merkel Cell Carcinoma --Selected Sweat Gland Carcinomas --Sebaceous Carcinoma --Mohs Micrographic Surgery for the Eyelid --Mohs Surgery for Periungual and Subungual Skin Cancer --Genitalia --Deep Structures of the Head and Neck --Complications of Mohs Micrographic Surgery --Eyelid Reconstruction After Mohs Micrographic Surgery --Flaps --Skin Grafting --Side to Side Closure After Mohs Surgery --Prosthetic Rehabilitation --Combination Therapy for the Nonsurgical Treatment of Skin Cancers: Latest Research at Mount Sinai --Training and Regulation in Mohs Surgery --Establishing a Mohs Practice --International Perspective of Mohs Micrographic Surgery: South America --International Perspective of Mohs Micrographic Surgery: Europe --International Perspective of Mohs Micrographic Surgery: East Asia --International Perspective of Mohs Micrographic Surgery: Australia and New Zealand --Information for Patients and Safety Considerations --Ethical Issues Related to Mohs Skin Cancer Surgery --Medicolegal Issues Regarding Mohs Micrographic Surgery --Psychological Issues Regarding Mohs Micrographic Surgery.
- Molecular approaches to controlling cancer 2005, Cold Spring Harb Lab PressCancer genetics and genomes -- DNA damage response -- Cancer biology and stem cells -- Telomeres, senescence, and aging -- Animal models for cancer -- Gene expression and cancer -- Tumor responses to microenvironment -- Angiogenesis -- Discovering cancer targets -- Therapeutic approaches.
- Molecular basis of thyroid cancer 2004, Springer
- Molecular biology of human cancers 2005, Springer
- Molecular carcinogenesis and the molecular biology of human cancer 2006, CRCnetBASECarcinogens and mutagens -- Whole animal carcinogenicity bioassays -- Molecular mechanisms of action of selected organic carcinogens -- Binding of carinogens to DNA and covalent adducts and DNA damage - PAH, aromatic amines, nitro-aromatic compounds, and halogenated compounds -- Cellular oncogenes and carcinogenesis -- Tumor suppressor genes -- Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, and hepatocellular carcinoma -- Oncongenesis in transgenic and knockout mice -- Chemically induced morphological and neoplastic transformation in C3H/10T1/2 C1 8 mouse embryo cells -- Radiation carcinogenesis -- DNA microarrays and computational analysis of DNA microarray data in cancer research -- Application of proteomics in basic biological sciences and cancer -- Overview of human cancer induction and human exposure to carcinogens -- Complex mixtures of chemical carcinogens: principles of action and human cancer -- Lung cancer -- Breast cancer -- Cancer of the prostate - Mechanisms of molecular carcinogenesis -- Skin cancer: epidemiology, clinical manifestations, and genetic and molecular aspects -- Cell and molecular biology of cancer of the brain --Thyroid cancer: molecular biology and clinical aspects -- Chemoprevention of chemical carcinogenesis and human cancer -- Carcinogen biomarkers and exposure assessment -- Risk assessment for chemical carcinogens -- Prevention and regulation approaches to carcinogens.
- Molecular determinants of radiation response 2011, Springer
- Molecular diagnosis of cancer. 2nd ed. 2004, Springer Protocols
- Molecular genetics of liver neoplasia 2011, Springer
- Molecular genetics of lung cancer 2004, Springer
- Molecular markers of brain tumor cells 2004, Springer1. Brain tumors -- 2. Immunophenotypic characterizaton of infiltrating poly- and mononuclear cells in childhood brain tumors -- 3. Experimental therapies in brain tumors -- 4. Biologic anti-neoplastic therapies -- 5. The lymphokine activated killer (LAK) cell phenomenon -- 6. Angiogenesis inhibition in anti-neoplastic therapy -- 7. Antigen presentation by dendritic cells and their significance in anti-neoplastic immunotherapy -- 8. Genetically engineered antibodies for direct anti-neoplastic treatment and systematic delivery of various therapeutic agents to cancer cells -- 9. Cancer-testis antigens: promising targets for antigen directed anti-neoplastic immunotherapy -- 10. Materials and methods -- 11. Index.
- The epidemiology of basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma / Hao Wang and Thomas L. Diepgen -- Histology of epithelial skin tumors / Jörg Reichrath and Kerstin Querings -- UV damage and DNA repair in basal cell and squamous cell carcinomas / Knuth Rass -- Papillomavirus infections and cancerogenesis of squamous cell and basal cell carcinomas / Guido Bens -- The immune system and nonmelanoma skin cancers / Elma D. Baron -- Cytogenetics of basal cell carcinoma and squamous cell carcinomas / Melanie A. Carless, Kevin J. Ashton and Lyn R. Griffiths -- The hedgehog signaling pathway and epithelial skin cancer / Julia Reifenberger -- p53 protein and nonmelanoma skin cancer / Vladislava O. Melnikova and Honnavara N. Ananthaswamy -- TGF-[beta] pathway and cancerogenesis of epithelial skin tumors / Miguel Quintanilla ... [et al.] -- PDGF pathways and growth of basal cell and squamous cell carcinomas / Jingwu Xie -- Apoptosis and cancerogenesis of basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma / Peter Erb ... [et al.] -- The role of telomerase for cancerogenesis of basal cell and squamous cell carcinomas / Eva-Maria Fabricius.
- Molecular mechanisms of cancer 2007, SpringerTheories of carcinogenesis -- Physioloigic correlates of malignancy -- Cell division and survival -- Cellular senescence -- Invasiveness -- DNA repair -- Epigenetic regulation of cancer-associated gene products -- Interaction of the groups of cancer-related gene products -- Structural growth control -- The organ preference of metastasis formation -- Angiogenesis -- Interactions with the immune system -- Endocrine dysregulation -- Dormancy and minimal residual disease -- Epithelial tumors -- Hematologic malignancies -- Mesenchymal tumors -- Neurologic tumors -- Tumors of serous cavities -- Embryonic tumors.
- Molecular pathology of gynecologic cancer 2007, Springer
- Molecular pathology of hematolymphoid diseases 2010, SpringerSection I. Molecular Pathology of Hematolymphoid Neoplasms: General Principles -- Molecular Oncogenesis / Aniruddha J. Deshpande, Christian Buske, Leticia Quintanilla-Martinez, and Falko Fend -- Genetic Predispositions for Hematologic and Lymphoid Disorders / Frederick G. Behm -- Prognostic Markers / David Bahler -- Cancer Stem Cells: Potential Targets for Molecular Medicine / Isabel G. Newton and Catriona H.M. Jamieson -- Gene Therapy for Leukemia and Lymphoma / Xiaopei Huang and Yiping Yang -- Chemical and Environmental Agents (Including Chemotherapeutic Agents and Immunosuppression) / Richard J.Q. McNally -- Viral Oncogenesis / Alexander A. Benders and Margaret L. Gulley -- Section II. Specific Techniques and Their Applications in Molecular Hematopathology -- Techniques to Determine Clonality in Hematolymphoid Malignancies / Daniel E. Sabath -- Techniques to Detect Defining Chromosomal Translocations/Abnormalities / Jennifer J.D. Morrissette, Karen Weck, and Cherie H. Dunphy -- Molecular Techniques to Detect Disease and Response to Therapy: Minimal Residual Disease / Marie E. Beckner and Jeffrey A. Kant -- Detection of Resistance to Therapy in Hematolymphoid Neoplasms / Karen Weck -- Monitoring Engraftment of Bone Marrow Transplant by DNA Fingerprinting / Jessica K. Booker -- Gene Expression Profiling / Cherie H. Dunphy -- Proteomics of Human Malignant Lymphoma / Megan S. Lim, Rodney R. Miles, and Kojo S.J. Elenitoba-Johnson -- Mouse Models of Hematolymphoid Malignancies / Krista M.D. La Perle and Suzana S. Couto -- Section III. Molecular Pathology of Hematolymphoid Neoplasms: Specific Subtypes -- Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia/Small Lymphocytic Lymphoma / Patricia Aoun -- Marginal Zone B-Cell Lymphoma / Lynne V. Abruzzo and Rachel L. Sargent -- Lymphoplasmacytic Lymphoma / Pei Lin -- Molecular Pathology of Plasma Cell Neoplasms / James R. Cook -- The Roles of Molecular Techniques in the Diagnosis and Management of Follicular Lymphoma / W. Richard Burack -- Mantle Cell Lymphoma / Kai Fu and Qinglong Hu -- Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphomas / Cherie H. Dunphy --The Molecular Pathology of Burkitt Lymphoma / Claudio Mosse and Karen Weck -- Precursor B-Cell Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia / Julie M. Gastier-Foster -- Molecular Genetics of Mature T/NK Neoplasms / John P. Greer, Utpal P. Davé, Nishitha Reddy, Christine M. Lovly, and Claudio A. Mosse -- Precursor T-Cell Neoplasms / Kim De Keersmaecker and Adolfo Ferrando -- Classical Hodgkin Lymphoma and Nodular Lymphocyte-Predominant Hodgkin Lymphoma / Michele Roullet and Adam Bagg -- Posttransplant Lymphoproliferative Disorder / Margaret L. Gulley -- AIDS-Related Lymphomas / Amy Chadburn and Ethel Cesarman -- Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia / Dan Jones -- Molecular Pathogenesis of Nonchronic Myeloid Leukemia Myeloproliferative Neoplasms / Mike Perez and Chung-Che (Jeff) Chang -- Molecular Pathology of Myelodysplastic/Myeloproliferative Neoplasms, Myeloid, and Lymphoid Neoplasms with Eosinophilia and Abnormalities of PDGFRA, PDGFRB, and FGFR1, and Mastocytosis / Robert P. Hasserjian -- Molecular Pathogenesis of Myelodysplastic Syndromes / Jesalyn J. Taylor and Chung-Che "Jeff" Chang -- Acute Myeloid Leukemias with Recurrent Cytogenetic Abnormalities / Sergej Konoplev and Carlos Bueso-Ramos -- Acute Myeloid Leukemias with Normal Cytogenetics / Sergej Konoplev and Carlos Bueso-Ramos -- Acute Myeloid Leukemia with Myelodysplasia-Related Changes and Therapy-Related Acute Myeloid Leukemia / Sergej N. Konoplev and Carlos E. Bueso-Ramos -- Molecular Pathology of Hemoglobin and Erythrocyte Membrane Disorders / Murat O. Arcasoy and Patrick G. Gallagher -- White Blood Cell and Immunodeficiency Disorders / John F. Bastian and Michelle Hernandez -- Molecular Basis of Disorders of Hemostasis and Thrombosis / Alice Ma -- Sarcoidosis: Are There Sarcoidosis Genes? / Helmut H. Popper -- Castleman's Disease / Richard Flavin, Cara M. Martin, Orla Sheils, and John James O'Leary -- Molecular Pathology of Histiocytic Disorders / Mihaela Onciu -- Reactive Lymphadenopathies: Molecular Analysis / Dennis P. O'Malley -- Molecular Pathology of Infectious Lymphadenitides / Kristin Fiebelkorn -- Gene Therapy for Nonneoplastic Hematologic and Histiocytic Disorders / Kareem N. Washington, John F. Tisdale, and Matthew M. Hsieh.
- Molecular pathology of lung cancer 2012, Springer
- Molecular pathology of pituitary adenomas. 1st ed. 2012, ScienceDirectPituitary tumor classification : functionality, invasiveness, and aggressiveness -- Immunohistochemistry and electron microscopy as evaluation criteria in tumor classification in the deciphering of pituitary adenomas -- Proliferation -- Angiogenesis -- Apoptosis -- Signal transduction -- Stem cell markers in pituitary adenomas -- MicroRNAs -- New generic tools for diagnosis: genomics and proteomics -- Therapeutic approaches: drug, surgical, and radiotherapy.
- Molecular targeting in oncology 2008, Springer
- Molecularly targeted therapy for childhood cancer 2010, SpringerPart 1. Hematologic Malignancies -- The Emerging Era of Targeted Therapy in Childhood Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia / William L. Carroll and Rob Pieters -- Molecular Targeted Therapies in T-Cell Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia / Alejandro Gutierrez and A. Thomas Look -- Molecularly Targeted Therapy for Infant ALL / Patrick A. Brown and Carolyn A. Felix -- Targeted Therapeutic Approaches for AML / Robert J. Arceci and Donald Small -- Acute Promyelocytic Leukaemia / Andrea Biondi, Anna Maria Testi and Brenda E. S. Gibson -- Down Syndrome and Acute Myeloid Leukemia: An Unique Genetic Sensitivity to Chemotherapy / Jeffrey W. Taub, Yubin Ge and Yaddanapudi Ravindranath -- Targeting RAS Signaling Pathways in Juvenile Myelomonocytic Leukemia (JMML) / Jennifer O'Hara Lauchle and Benjamin S. Braun -- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia: Pathophysiology and Therapeutics / Seth J. Corey and Jorge Cortes -- Molecularly Targeted Therapies in Pediatric Myelodysplastic Syndromes / Lia Gore -- New Therapeutic Frontiers for Childhood Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma / Megan S. Lim and Mitchell S. Cairo -- Molecular Targeting of Post-transplant Lymphoproliferative Disorders / Michael Wang and Thomas G. Gross -- Part 2. Solid Tumors -- Molecularly Targeted Therapies for Astrocytomas / Ian F. Pollack -- Targeted Therapy in Medulloblastoma in Molecularly Targeted Therapy for Childhood Cancer / Yoon-Jae Cho and Scott L. Pomeroy -- Future Treatments of Ependymoma / Richard J. Gilbertson -- Development of Targeted Therapies for Rhabdoid Tumors Based on the Functions of INI1/hSNF5 Tumor Suppressor / Ganjam V. Kalpana and Melissa E. Smith -- Development of Targeted Therapies for Neurofibromatosis Type 1 (NF1) Related Tumors / Brigitte Widemann -- Molecular Therapy for Neuroblastoma / Yaël P. Mossé and John M. Maris -- Ewing's Sarcoma Family of Tumors: Molecular Targets Need Arrows / Jeffrey A. Toretsky and Aykut Üren -- Molecular Targeted Therapy for Wilms' Tumor / James I. Geller and Jeffrey S. Dome -- Molecular Therapy for Rhabdomyosarcoma / Raushan T. Kurmasheva, Hajime Hosoi, Ken Kikuchi and Peter J. Houghton -- Molecularly Targeted Therapy for Osteosarcoma: Where Do We Go from Here? / Rosanna Ricafort and Richard Gorlick -- Nonrhabdomyosarcoma Soft Tissue Sarcoma in Children: Developing New Treatments Based on a Better Understanding of Disease Biology / Stephen X. Skapek.
- Mortalin biology 2012, SpringerPart 1.Structure and Function of Mortalin /Birth of Mortalin: Multiple Names, Niches and Functions Connecting Stress, Senescence and Cancer /Renu Wadhwa and Sunil C. Kaul --Mortalin's Machinery /Custer C. Deocaris, Sunil C. Kaul and Renu Wadhwa --The Role of Mortalin in Iron Homeostasis /Wen-I Luo and James A. Cowan --Functional Characteristics of Mortalin /Walter A. Baseler, Tara L. Croston and John M. Hollander --Part 2.Mortalin in Evolution2 Deocaris /Mortalin and Drosophila DmHsp22: Two Mitochondrial Chaperones Regulating Aging and Carcinogenesis /Marie Le Pécheur, Geneviève Morrow and Robert M. Tanguay --Mortalin in Invertebrates and The Induction of Apoptosis by Wild-Type p53 Following Defeat of Mortalin-Based Cytoplasmic Sequestration in Cancerous Clam Hemocytes /Charles W. Walker, Ben Low and S. Anne Böttger --Mortalin and Stem Cells: A Study from Planarians /Renata Batistoni --Part 3.Mortalin in Health and Disease /Mortalin in Cell Protection from Immune Attack /Moran Saar, Oren Moskovich and Zvi Fishelson --Mortalin in Neurological Diseases /Jinghua Jin, Jing Zhang, Travis J. Cook and Jake G. Hoekstra --Loss of Mortalin Function in Parkinson's Disease-Supporting the Mitochondrial Pathway of Neurodegeneration /Lena F. Burbulla and Rejko Krüger --Hsp75/mortalin and Protection from Ischemic Brain Injury /Robin E. White, Yi-Bing Ouyang and Rona G. Giffard --Catecholamine Regulated Protein (CRP40), A Splice Variant of Mortalin-2: Functional Role in CNS Disorders /Joseph P. Gabriele, Sarah E. Groleau, Ritesh P. Daya, Zdenek B. Pristupa and Ram K. Mishra --Chaperonopathies: Diseases in Which Mortalin and Other Hsp-Chaperones Play a Role in Etiology and Pathogenesis /Alberto J. L. Macario, Francesco Cappello and Everly Conway de Macario --Part 4.Mortalin and Cancer /Many Faces of Mortalin and Tid1 /Ohad Iosefson and Abdussalam Azem --Mortalin: A Positive Regulator of Centrosome Duplication and Amplification /Masayuki Kanai and Kenji Fukasawa --Mortalin Expression in Normal and Neoplastic Tissues /Angheliki Nomikos, Sinclair R. Dundas and Graeme I. Murray --Mortalin-p53 Interaction as a Target for Liver Cancer Therapy /Wen-Jing Lu, Nikki P. Lee, Renu Wadhwa and John M. Luk --Mortalin Targeting Gadgets for Cancer Therapy /Chae-Ok Yun and Renu Wadhwa --Part 5.Mortalin Based Technologies /Cell Internalizing Anti-Mortalin Antibody for Generation of Illuminating MSCs for Long-Term In vitro and In vivo Tracking /Toshimasa Uemura, Masanori Nishi, Sunil C. Kaul and Renu Wadhwa --Mortalin Staining Pattern as a Reporter for Cell Based Anti-Cancer Drug Screening /Ran Gao, Zeenia Kaul, Tomoko Yaguchi and Renu Wadhwa --Cell Internalizing Anti-mortalin Antibody as a Nanocarrier /Zeenia Kaul, Tomoko Yaguchi, Renu Wadhwa and Sunil C. Kaul.
- Mouse models of human blood cancers 2008, Springer
- MRI of rectal cancer 2010, Springer
- mTOR pathway and mTOR inhibitors in cancer therapy 2010, SpringermTORC1: a signalling integration node involved in cell growth -- The regulation of the IGF-1/mTOR pathway by the p53 tumor suppressor gene functions -- mTOR signaling in angiogenesis -- mTORC1 signaling and hypoxia -- mTOR signaling in glioblastoma: lessions learned from bench to bedside -- mTOR and cancer therapy: general principles -- mTOR and cancer therapy: clinical development and novel prospects -- Drug combinations as a therapeutic approach for mTORC1 inhibitors in human cancer -- Downstream targets of mTORC1 -- Downstream of mTOR: translational and control of cancer -- Genome-wide analysis of translational control -- Translational control of cancer: implications for targeted therapy -- Downstream from mTOR: therapeutic approaches to targeting the eIF4F translation initiation complex.
- Multimodal concepts for integration of cytotoxic drugs 2006, Springer
- Multiple myeloma 2005, Springer ProtocolsIdentification of malignant plasma cells by mRNA in situ hybridization / Ross D. Brown and P. Joy Ho -- The SCID-hu myeloma model / Joshua Epstein and Shmuel Yaccoby -- The 5T2MM murine model of multiple myeloma: maintenance and analysis / Karin Vanderkerken ... [et al.] -- Determination of telomerase activity and telomere length / Kai-da Wu and Malcolm A.S. Moore -- Dendritic cell/myeloma hybrid vaccine / Dajing Xia, Tim Chan, and Jim Xiang -- Genetically engineered myeloma cell vaccine / Siguo Hao, Tim Chan, and Jim Xiang -- An in vitro osteoclast-forming assay to measure myeloma cell-derived osteoclast-activating factors / Andrew C.W. Zannettino ... [et al.] -- Clonality detection of the expanded T-cell populations in patients with multiple myeloma / Daniel M-Y. Sze -- Detecting mismatch repair defects in myeloma / Mark Velangi ... [et al.] -- Methylation-specific polymerase chain reaction / Oliver Galm and James G. Herman -- Making sense of DNA microarray data / Wei-min Liu, Sunhee K. Ro, and Walter H. Koch.Multiple myeloma: challenges and opportunities / Douglas Joshua, Ross D. Brown, and P. Joy Ho -- Immunophenotyping of plasma cells in multiple myeloma / Gema Mateo Manzanera, Jesús F. San Miguel Izquierdo, and Alberto Orfao de Matos -- Plasma cell labeling index / Philip R. Griepp and Shaji Kumar -- Conventional cytogenetics in myeloma / Lynda J. Campbell -- Multicolor spectral karyotyping in multiple myeloma / Jeffrey R. Sawyer -- Detection of chromosome 13 deletions by fluorescent in situ hybridization / Scott VanWier and Rafael Fonseca -- Comparative genomic hybridization for analysis of changes in DNA copy number in multiple myeloma / Pulivarthi H. Rao -- Southern blotting of IgH rearrangements in B-cell disorders / Edna Yuen and Ross D. Brown -- Identification and assembly of V genes as idiotype-specific DNA fusion vaccines in multiple myeloma / Surinder S. Sahota, Mark Townsend, and Freda K. Stevenson -- Identification of clonotypic IgH VDJ sequences in multiple myeloma / Brian J. Taylor ... [et al.] -- Real-time polymerase chain reaction of immunoglobulin rearrangements for quantitative evaluation of minimal residual disease in myeloma / Mara Compagno ... [et al.] -- Incomplete DJH rearrangements / David González and Ramón Garcia-Sanz ...
- Multiple myeloma 2011, Springer
- Multiple primary malignancies 2009, Springer
- Myc/Max/Mad transcription factor network 2006, Springer
- Myeloid leukemia 2005, Springer ProtocolsDiagnosis and monitoring of AML1-MTG8 (ETO)-positive acute myeloid leukemia by qualitative and real-time quantitative RT-PCR / Khalid Tobal and John A. Liu Yin -- Diagnosis and monitoring of CBFB-MYH11-positive acute myeloid leukemia by qualitative and quantitative RT-PCR / Bert A. van der Reijden and Joop H. Jansen -- Detection of the FIP1L1-PDGFRA fusion in idiopathic hypereosinophilic syndrome and chronic eosinophilic leukemia / Jan Cools, Elizabeth H. Stover, and D. Gary Gilliland -- FLT3 mutations in acute myeloid leukemia / Hitoshi Kiyoi and Tomoki Naoe -- WT1 overexpression in acute myeloid leukemia and myelodysplastic syndromes / Daniela Cilloni, Enrico Gottardi, and Giuseppe Saglio -- Classification of AML by DNA-oligonucleotide microarrays / Alexander Kohlmann ... [et al.] -- Classification of AML using a monoclonal antibody microarray / Richard I. Christopherson ... [et al.] --Isolation of RNA and DNA from leukocytes and cDNA synthesis / Joop H. Jansen and Bert A. van der Reijden -- Cytogenetics and FISH techniques in myeloid malignancies / Lynda J. Campbell -- Overview of real-time RT-PCR strategies for quantification of gene rearrangements in the myeloid malignancies / Christophe Picard, Monique Silvy, and Jean Gabert -- Diagnosis and monitoring of chronic myeloid leukemia by qualtitative and quantitative RT-PCR / Susan Branford and Timothy Hughes -- Detection of BCR-ABL mutations and resistance to imatinib mesylate / Susan Branford and Timothy Hughes -- Deletion of the derivative chromosome 9 in chronic myeloid leukemia / Lynda J. Campbell -- Diagnosis and monitoring of PML-RARA-positive acute promyelocytic leukemia by qualitative RT-PCR / Vincenzo Rossi, Laura Levati, and Andrea Biondi -- Diagnosis and monitoring of PML-RARA-positive acute promyelocytic leukemia by quantitative RT-PCR / Elisa Mokany ... [et al.] --Methods for the detection of the JAK2 V617F mutation in human myeloproliferative disorders / Peter J. Campbell ... [et al.] -- Overexpression of PRV-1 gene in polycythemia rubra vera and essential thrombocythemia / Maurizio Martini, Luciana Teofili, and Luigi M. Larocca -- Chimerism analysis following nonmyeloablative stem cell transplantation / Thomas Lion and Franz Watzinger.
- Myeloma bone disease 2010, SpringerClinical Presentation of Myeloma Bone Disease / Rebecca Silbermann and G. David Roodman -- Imaging of Multiple Myeloma, Solitary Plasmacytoma, MGUS, and Other Plasma Cell Dyscrasias / Ronald C. Walker, Laurie Jones-Jackson, Twyla Bartel, Tracy Brown and Bart Barlogie -- Biochemical Markers of Bone Remodeling in Multiple Myeloma / Evangelos Terpos -- Radiation Therapy in Multiple Myeloma / Joel S. Greenberger -- Surgical Management of Bone Disease / Mohamad A. Hussein -- Bisphosphonates in the Treatment of Myeloma Bone Disease / James R. Berenson -- Osteonecrosis of the Jaw / Ashraf Badros -- Murine Models of Myeloma Bone Disease: The Importance of Choice / Peter I. Croucher, Karin Vanderkerken, Joshua Epstein and Babatunde Oyajobi -- RANK Ligand Is a Therapeutic Target in Multiple Myeloma / William C. Dougall, Michelle Chaisson-Blake, Howard Yeh and Susie Jun -- Osteoclast Activation in Multiple Myeloma / Sonia Vallet and Noopur Raje -- Potential Role of IMiDs and Other Agents as Therapy for Myeloma Bone Disease / Suzanne Lentzsch -- Proteasome Inhibitors and the Wnt Signaling Pathway in Myeloma Bone Disease / Claire M. Edwards and Gregory R. Mundy -- Mechanisms Involved in Osteoblast Suppression in Multiple Myeloma / Nicola Giuliani.
- Myeloproliferative neoplasms 2011, SpringerDiagnosis and classification of the BCR-ABL1-negative myeloproliferative neoplasms -- Genetics of the myeloproliferative neoplasms -- Cytogenetic findings in classical MPNs -- Prognostic factors in classic myeloproliferative neoplasms -- Therapy of polycythemia vera and essential thrombocythemia -- Conventional and investigational therapy for primary myelofibrosis -- Hematopoietic cell transplantation for myelofibrosis -- JAK2 inhibitors for therapy of myeloproliferative neoplasms -- Blastic transformation of classic myeloproliferative neoplasms -- Eosinophilic disorders: differential diagnosis and management -- Pathogenesis, diagnosis, classification, and management of systemic mastocytosis.
- Myeloproliferative neoplasms 2012, Springer
- Nanotechnology in cancer therapy 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Nasopharyngeal carcinoma 2013, SpringerDiagnosis and clinical evaluation of nasopharyngeal carcinoma / Alan Soo-Beng Khoo and Kin-Choo Pua -- Histopathological diagnosis of nasopharyngeal carcinoma : looking beyond the blue book / John Nicholls and Gerald Niedobitek -- Descriptive, environmental and genetic epidemiology of nasopharyngeal carcinoma/ -- Bing-jian feng -- Epstein-Barr virus and the pathogenesis of nasopharyngeal carcinomas / Claire Gourzones, Pierre Busson and Nancy Raab-Traub -- Acquired genetic and epigenetic alterations in nasopharyngeal carcinoma / Kwok-Wai Lo, Grace Tin-Yun Chung and Ka-Fai To -- Cellular interactions in nasopharyngeal carcinomas / Claire Gourzones ... [et al.] -- Biological tools for NPC population screening and disease monitoring / Claire Gourzones ... [et al.] -- Medical imaging of nasopharyngeal carcinomas : current tools and applications / François Bidault -- Radiotherapy of NPC : current strategies and perspectives / John Kim -- The evolving role of systemic therapy in nasopharyngeal carcinoma : current strategies and perspectives / Edwin P. Hui and Anthony T.C. Chan -- Nasopharyngeal carcinoma immunotherapy current strategies and perspectives / Corey Smith and Rajiv Khanna -- Therapeutic induction of apoptosis in nasopharyngeal carcinoma / Carlo Bastianutto ... [et al.].
- Introduction -- The science of developing cancer therapy -- Operations, oversight, and funding of cancer clinical trials -- Physician and patient participation in cancer clinical trials.
- Natural killer T cells 2012, SpringerIntroduction : mechanisms of NKT-cell-mediated adjuvant activity and function of iPS-derived NKT cells / Masaru Taniguchi ... [et al.] -- Structure and recognition of antigens for invariant NKT cells / Bo Pei and Mitchell Kronenberg -- Invariant NKT cell-based vaccine strategies / John-Paul Jukes ... [et al.] -- Immune regulation of tumor immunity by NKT cells / Jessica J. O'Konek, Jay A. Berzofsky, and Masaki Terabe -- The regulation of CD1d+ and CD1d- tumors by NKT cells : the roles of NKT cells in regulating CD1d+ and CD1d- tumor immunity / Jianyun Liu, Gourapura J. Renukaradhya, and Randy R. Brutkiewicz -- DC-based immunotherapy targeting NKT cells / Shin-ichiro Fujii and Kanako Shimizu -- Therapeutic approaches utilising NKT cells / Stephen R. Mattarollo and Mark J. Smyth -- NKT cells or cancer patients and how models can inform therapeutic plans / Mark A. Exley, Lydia Lynch, and Michael Nowak -- Understanding the role of natural killer T cells in hematologic malignancies : progress and challenges / Natalia Neparidze and Madhav V. Dhodapkar -- Clinical trials with alpha-galactosylceramide (KRN7000) in advanced cancer / Famke L. Schneiders ... [et al.] -- Clinical trials of invariant natural killer T cell-based immunotherapy for cancer / Shinichiro Motohashi, Yoshitaka Okamoto, and Toshinori Nakayama.
- Neuro-oncology of CNS tumors 2006, Springer
- Neuroblastoma 2005, Springer
- Neuroblastoma 2012, Springer
- Neuroendocrine tumors 2011, SpringerGlobal epidemiology of neuroendocrine tumors -- Pathology -- Multiple endocrine neoplasia -- Other genetic syndromes -- Imaging of neuroendocrine tumors -- Surgical management of sporadic gastrointestinal neuroendocrine tumors -- Management of neuroendocrine tumor hormonal syndromes -- Management of metastatic carcinoid tumors -- Medical management of islet cell carcinoma -- Poorly differentiated neuroendocrine tumors -- Hereditary and sporadic medullary thyroid carcinoma -- Adrenocortical carcinoma -- Pheochromocytoma -- Merkel cell carcinoma.
- Neurofibromatoses 2008, KargerThe neurofibromatoses: classification, clinical features, and genetic counselling / S.M. Huson -- Treatment and management of neurofibromatosis 1 / V.F. Mautner, E. Boltshauser -- Neurofibromatosis type 1 and other syndromes of the Ras pathway / D.A. Stevenson, J.J. Swensen, D.H. Viskochil -- NF1 gene structure and NF1 genotype/phenotype correlations / M. Upadhyaya -- NF1 mutational spectrum / L.M. Messiaen, K. Wimmer -- Clinical phenotypes in patients with NF1 microdeletions / S. Tinschert --Structure of the NF1 gene region and mechanisms underlying gross NF1 deletions / H. Kehrer-Sawatzki -- NF1 gene evolution in mammals / G. Assum, C. Schmegner -- Structure and function of neurofibromin / S. Welti, I. D'Angelo, K. Scheffzek -- Composition of neurofibromas, NF1 expression, and comparison of normal and NF1 haploinsufficient cells / J. Peltonen, S. Peltonen -- Somatic NF1 mutations in tumors and other tissues / T. De Raedt ... [et al.] -- NF2: mutations and management of disease / D.G.R. Evans, A. Wallace -- Function of merlin in genesis of tumours and other symptoms of NF2 / C.O. Hanemann -- Molecular studies on schwannomatosis / L. Kluwe.
- Neuronal activity in tumor tissue 2007, KargerNeuronal development / K.M. Giehl -- Organization of peripheral nerves in skin, musculoskeletal system, and viscera / M. von Düring, B. Fricke -- Neurotransmitter receptor-mediated signaling pathways as modulators of carcinogenesis / H.M. Schuller -- Neuronal markers in non-neuronal tissues / C. Hagel, D. Stavrou -- Chemotropic axon guidance molecules in tumorigenesis / A. Chédotal -- Neoneurogenesis and the neuro-neoplastic synapse / D. Palm, F. Entschladen -- Neurotransmitter effects on tumor cells and leukocytes / K. Lang, P. Bastian -- Stem cells and neurogenesis in tumors / J.A. Varner -- Potential inhibition of the neuro-neoplastic interactions: the clue of a GPCR-targeted therapy / J.-M. Muller -- The neuro-neoplastic synapse: does it exist? / K.S. Zänker.
- New technologies in radiation oncology 2006, Springer
- New technologies in surgical oncology 2010, Springer
- New trends in cancer for the 21st century. 2nd ed. 2006, SpringerPrognostic and therapeutic targets in the Ewing's family of tumors (PROTHETS) / P. Picci ... [et al.] -- Targeted therapies in Ewing's sarcoma / K. Scotlandi -- The CCN3 protein and cancer / B. Perbal -- EWS-FLI1 in Ewing's sarcoma: real targets and collateral damage / J. Ban ... [et al.] -- Molecular karyotyping in sarcoma diagnostics and research / H. Vauhkonen ... [et al] -- TuBaFrost: European virtual tumor tissue banking / P.H.J. Riegman ... [et al] -- Virtual microscopy in virtual tumor banking / M. Isabelle ... [et al] -- Harmonizing cancer control in Europe / U. Ringborg -- The diagnosis of cancer: from H&E to molecular diagnosis and back / J. Costa -- From morphological to molecular diagnosis of soft tissue tumors / M. Miettinen -- Prediction of response to neoadjuvant chemotherapy in carcinomas of the upper gastrointestinal tract / H. Höfler ... [et al] -- Integrating the diagnosis of childhood malignancies / D. López-Terrada -- Preclinical models for cell cycle-targeted therapies / M. Malumbres -- WWOX, a chromosomal fragile site gene and its role in cancer / D. Ramos and C.M. Aldaz -- From genome to proteome in tumor profiling: molecular events in colorectal cancer genesis / J.K. Habermann ... [et al] -- Effect of hypoxia on the tumor phenotype: the neuroblastoma and breast cancer models / L. Holmquist, T. Löfstedt, and S. Påhlman -- Methylation patterns and chemosensitivity in NSCLC / J.L. Ramírez ... [et al] -- Pharmacogenomics and colorectal cancer / H.J. Lenz -- Development of pharmacogenomic predictors for preoperative chemotherapy of breast cancer / L. Pusztai -- Vascular endothelial growth factor inhibitors in colon cancer / E. Díaz-Rubio -- Molecular imaging of cancer using PET and SPECT / A. Kjær -- MRS as endogenous molecular imaging for brain and prostate tumors: FP6 project "eTUMOR" / B. Celda ... [et al] -- From Linac to tomotherapy: new possibilities for cure? / G. Storme ... [et al] -- Targeting mTOR for cancer treatment / B. Rubio-Viqueira and M. Hidalgo -- Dual/pan-her tyrosine kinase inhibitors: focus in breast cancer / J. Albanell -- Antitumor-associated antigens IGGS: dual positive and negative potential effects for cancer therapy / E. Barberá Guillem and J.W. Sampsel -- Synergistic molecular mechanisms in hormone-sensitive breast cancer / A. Llombart Cussac.
- Nitric oxide (NO) and cancer 2010, SpringerNitric oxide and cancer: an overview -- A role for eNOS in oncogenic Ras-driven cancer -- Dual role of nitric oxide in cancer biology -- Nitric oxide expression in cancer -- S-nitrosylation: how cancer cells say NO to cell death -- Cytotoxic and protective activity of nitric oxide in cancers -- Cytotoxic/protective activity of nitric oxide in cancer -- Nitric oxide and life or death of human leukemia cells -- Inhibition of apoptosis by endogenous nitric oxide in chronic lymphocytic leukaemia -- Nitric oxide: a rate-limiting factor for metastases development -- Nitric oxide inhibits tumor cell metastasis via dysregulation of the NF-kB/Snail/RKIP loop -- Sensitizing effect of nitric oxide to cytotoxic stimuli -- Nitric oxide is a promising enhancer for cancer therapy -- Role of nitric oxide for modulation of cancer therapy resistance -- Breaking resistance: role of nitric oxide in the sensitization of cancer cells to chemo- and immunotherapy -- Prognostic significance of iNOS in human melanoma -- Prognostic significance of iNOS in hepatocellular carcinoma -- Prognostic significance of iNOS in esophageal cancer -- Prognostic significance of nitrative DNA damage in infection- and inflammation-related carcinogenesis -- Nitric oxide-releasing molecules for cancer therapy and chemoprevention -- Nitric oxide: monotherapy or sensitiser to conventional cancer treatments? -- Therapeutic applications of nitric oxide for malignant tumor in animal models and human studies -- (S, R)-3-Pheynyl-4,5-dihydro-5-isoxazole acetic acid-nitric oxide (GIT-27NO): new dress for nitric oxide mission -- Nitric oxide donors are a new class of anti-cancer therapeutics for the reversal of resistance and inhibition of metastasis -- Role of inducible nitric oxide synthase (iNOS) in regulation of nitric oxide (NO) production and stabilization of nitric oxide of HIF-1a: potential role of Se-Methylselenocysteine(MSC), an antioxidant multi-targeted small molecule.
- Non-surgical treatment of keratinocyte skin cancer 2010, Springer
- Normal tissue reactions in radiotherapy and oncology 2002, Karger
- Novel anticancer drug protocols 2003, Springer Protocols
- Novel developments in stem cell mobilization 2012, SpringerPart 1.Basic Science and Experimental Studies on Stem Cell Mobilization --Preclinical Experience with AMD3100 for Mobilization of Hematopoietic Stem and Progenitor Cells --Molecular Pharmacology of CXCR4 Inhibition --Combination Strategies for Stem Cell Mobilization Targeting CXCR4 and S1P Receptors --Should We Stay or Should We Go Now? --Cell Adhesion and Mobilization Pathways of Hematopoietic Cells --Role of the CXCR4/CXCL12 Axis in Hematopoietic Stem Cell Trafficking --Part 2.Clinical Studies on Stem Cell Mobilization --Front matter --Early Studies of AMD3100/Plerixafor in Healthy Volunteers --The Current Role of Plerixafor in Stem Cell Mobilization for Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation --Experience with Apheresis Procedures After Plerixafor Mobilisation --Influence of Different Stem Cell Mobilization Strategies on Graft Composition and Outcome of Autologous or Allogeneic Transplantation --Relevance and Clinical Implications of Tumor Cell Mobilization in Autologous Transplantation of Multiple Myeloma and Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma --Plerixafor: Data from the Compassionate Use Program --Stem Cell Mobilization with Chemomobilization Plus Plerixafor in Hard-to-Mobilize Patients: The Experience at Kuopio University Hospital, Finland --Blood Stem Cell Mobilization in Solid Tumors: Experience with Plerixafor and Alternative Ways of Hematopoietic Stem Cell Mobilization --Mobilization with Chemotherapy + G-CSF + Plerixafor in Europe: The Italian Experience --Experience with Plerixafor in Poor Mobilizers --CXCR4 Antagonists --Part 3.CXCR4 Antagonists for Treatment of Leukemias and Solid Tumors --Front matter --Application of CXCR4 Inhibitors in Leukemia --CXCR4 Antagonists for the Treatment of CML --Targeting CXCR4 in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia: Preclinical Rationale and Early Clinical Experience --CXCR4-Blockade for Treatment of Breast Cancer --Molecular Imaging of CXCR4 Receptor Expression in Tumors --Part 4.Novel applications --Potential Use of CXCR4 Antagonists to Mobilize Endothelial and Mesenchymal Stem Cells --Strategies to Enhance Hematopoietic Stem Cell Engraftment Following Transplantation --Mobilization for Gene Therapy.
- Nutraceuticals and cancer 2012, Springer
- Nutrient-gene interactions in cancer 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Nutrition and cancer prevention 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Nutrition and fitness. Part 1, Obesity, the metabolic syndrome, cardiovascular disease, and cancer 2005, KargerCriteria and classification of obesity in Japan and Asia-Oceania / M. Kanazaw ... [et al.] - Exercise and obesity in China / C. Chang -- Obesity in childhood: the Greek experience / A. Kafatos, C.A. Codrington, M. Linardakis -- Epidemiology of physical activity from adolescence to young adulthood / D.J. Aaron, Y.S. Jekal, R.E. Laporte -- Adolescent obesity and physical activity / N. Hwalla, A.M. Sibai, N. Adra -- Nutrition and physical activity of the population in Serbia / M. Pavlovic, V. Grujic, A. Oshaug -- Physical activity and body composition / D. Andreoli, A. De Lorenzo -- Syndrome X: clinical aspects / D. Labadarios -- Metabolic syndrome: is there a pathophysiological common denominator?: lessons learned from the Pima Indians / P.A. Tataranni -- Lifestyle-gene-drug interactions in relation to the Metabolic syndrome / L. Storlien ... [et al.] -- Coronary heart disease, genetics, nutrition and physical activity / M.B. Donati, I. Iacoviello -- Role of nutrients and physical activity in gene expression / R. De Caterina, R. Madonna -- Physical activity and hypertension: an overview / G.P. Rontoyannis --Omega-3 fatty acids and ventricular arrhythmias / A. Leaf, J.X. Kang, Y.-F. Xiao -- A method for the direct evaluation of the fatty acid status in a drop of blood from a fingertip in humans: application to population studies and correlations with biological parameters / F. Marangoni, C. Colombo, C. Galli -- Measurement error in the assessment of interaction between dietary and genetic factors in cohort studies of cancer / S.A. Bingham -- Cancer frequency in poor rural communities consuming a very limited diet / M. Muñoz Rivera ... [et al.] -- Omega-6/omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids ratio and breast cancer / P. Bougnoux, V. Maillard, V. Chajés -- Fish, [omega]-3 polyunsaturated fat intake and cancer at selected sites / A. Tavani ... [et al.] -- Cancer risk reduction by physical exercise / A. Willer.
- Nutrition, diet and cancer 2012, SpringerAberrant Signaling Pathways in Cancer: Modulation by the Dietary Flavonoid, Quercetin /Ramamurthi Vidya Priyadarsini and Siddavaram Nagini --Micronutrients and Cancer: Add Spice to Your Life /Sahdeo Prasad, Subash C. Gupta and Bharat B. Aggarwal --Chemoprevention of Prostate Cancer with Cruciferous Vegetables: Role of Epigenetics /Laura M. Beaver, David E. Williams, Roderick H. Dashwood and Emily Ho --Molecular Insight and Preclinical Perspective of Thymoquinone as Chemopreventive Agent and Therapeutic Adjunct in Cancer /Sanjeev Banerjee, Mansi Parasramka, Fazlul H. Sarkar and Ramzi M. Mohammad --Dietary Biofactors in the Management of Cancer: Myth or Reality? /Vidushi S. Neergheen-Bhujun, K. S. Kang, O. I. Aruoma and T. Bahorun --Nutritional Compounds as Chemopreventive Agents by Proteasome Inhibition /Kristin Landis-Piwowar, Elizabeth Smerczak, Jian Zuo and Q. Ping Dou --STAT Signaling in Cancer Prevention /Su-Ni Tang, Sharmila Shankar and Rakesh K. Srivastava --[gamma][delta] T Cells, Tea and Cancer /Jingwei Lu, Vincent J. Pompili and Hiranmoy Das --Phytochemical Intakes with a Mediterranean Diet: Levels Achievable with an Exchange List Diet and Potential Biomarkers in Blood /Zora Djuric --Plant Polyphenols and Their Role in Cancer Prevention and Chemotherapy /Sharmila Shankar, Brahma N. Singh and Rakesh K. Srivastava --Role of Food Micro-molecules in the Prevention of Cancer /Latha Sabikhi, Alok Jha, Sudhir Kumar Tomer and Ashish Kumar Singh.The Protective Role of Zinc in Cancer: A Potential Chemopreventive Agent /Bin Bao, Amir Ahmad, Azfar S Azmi, Zhiwei Wang and Sanjeev Banerjee, et al. --Diet-Induced Epigenetic Changes and Cancer Prevention: A Mantra for Healthy Living /Ajay Goel and Gaurav Chaturvedi --Western Diet-Induced Pancreatic Cancer /M. Mura Assifi and Guido Eibl --Intracellular Signaling Network as a Prime Chemotherapy Target of Green Tea Catechin, (-)-Epigallocatechin-3-gallate /Brahma N. Singh, Sharmila Shankar and Rakesh K. Srivastava --Role of Dietary Antioxidants in Cancer /C. M. Ajila and S. K. Brar --Curcumin: Structure, Biology and Clinical Applications /Sharmila Shankar and Rakesh K. Srivastava --Obesity, Cancer and Psychopathology: Can Vegetarian Diet Be of Help? /Vikas Kumar, Ajit Kumar Thakur and Shyam Sunder Chatterjee --Dietary Phytochemicals as Epigenetic Modulators in Cancer /Vijay S. Thakur and Sanjay Gupta --Modulation of the Nrf2 Signaling Pathway by Chemopreventive Dietary Phytoconstituents /Altaf S. Darvesh and Anupam Bishayee --Role of Fish Oil from Gene Expression to Pharmacological Effect in Cancer Prevention /Malay Chatterjee, Subhadeep Das, Mary Chatterjee and Kaushik Roy --Antioxidant Supplements: An Evidence-Based Approach to Health Benefits and Risks /Goran Bjelakovic, Dimitrinka Nikolova and Christian Gluud --Natural Antioxidants and Their Role in Cancer Prevention /Akanksha Singh, Akansha Jain, Birinchi Kumar Sarma, Alok Jha and H. B. Singh --Dietary and Non-dietary Phytochemicals in Cancer Control /Dhanir Tailor and Rana P. Singh.
- Nutritional epidemiology of breast cancer 2012, Springer
- Nutritional management of cancer treatment effects 2012, SpringerAssessment of Malnutrition and Nutritional Therapy Approaches in Cancer Patients --Cancer Anorexia (CA) --Cancer Cachexia (CC) --Oral Mucositis --Nausea and Vomiting in Cancer --Cancer-Related Fatigue (CRF) --Treatment-Induced Enteritis (Radiation- or Combination Therapy-Induced Enteropathies) --Neurocognitive Impairment (NI) --Dysfunction of the Bowel/Constipation --Dysphagia.
- Nutritional oncology. 2nd ed. 2006, ScienceDirect
- Omics perspective on cancer research 2010, Springer
- Part I. The Science and Technology of Oncofertility -- Reproductive health after cancer -- Designing follicle-environment interactions with biomaterials -- Gamete preservation -- To transplant or not to transplant: that is the question -- Clinical cases in oncofertility -- Cancer genetics: risks and mechanisms of cancer in women with inherited susceptibility to epithelial ovarian cancer -- Protecting and extending fertility for females of wild and endangered mammals -- -- Part II. Historical and Legal Perspectives -- Placing the history of oncofertility -- Medical hope, legal pitfalls: potential legal issues in the emerging field of oncofertility -- Domestic and international surrogacy laws: implications for cancer survivors -- -- Part III. Clinical and Theoretical Ethics -- Adoption after cancer: adoption agency attitudes and perspectives on the potential to parent post-cancer -- Ovarian tissue cryopreservation and bioethical discourse -- Lessons of oncofertility for assisted reproduction -- Morally justifying oncofertility research -- Ethical dilemmas in oncofertility: an exploration of three clinical scenarios -- Participation in investigational fertility preservation research: a feminist research ethics approach -- Reproductive "choice" and egg freezing -- Impact of infertility: why ART should be a higher priority for women in the global south -- Oncofertility and informed consent: addressing beliefs, values, and future decision making -- -- Part IV. Religious Perspectives -- Bioethics and oncofertility: arguments and insights from religious traditions -- Sacred bodies: considering resistance to oncofertility in Muslim communities -- Unlikely motherhood in the Qur'an: oncofertility as devotion -- Technology and wholeness: oncofertility and Catholic tradition -- Jewish perspectives on oncofertility: the complexities of tradition -- --Part V. Ramifications for Education and Economics -- Oncofertility Saturday academy: a paradigm to expand the educational opportunities and ambitions of high school girls -- Myoncofertility.org: a web-based patient education resource supporting decision making under severe emotional and cognitive overload -- Anticipating ovarian tissue cryopreservation in the health-care marketplace: a willingness to pay assessment -- Perspectives on oncofertility from demography and economics -- For the sake of consistency and fairness: why insurance companies should cover fertility preservation treatment for iatrogenic infertility -- -- Part VI. Repercussions of Oncofertility for Patients and Their Families -- Health provider perspectives on fertility preservation for cancer patients -- Counseling and consenting women with cancer on their oncofertility options: a clinical perspective -- Fertility-related treatment choices of cancer patients: cancer-related infertility and family dynamics -- Whose future is it?: ethical family decision making about daughters' treatment in the oncofertility context -- -- Part VII. Healthcare Provider Stories and Final Thoughts -- Choosing life when facing death: understanding fertility preservation decision-making for cancer patients -- Discussing fertility preservation with breast cancer patients -- Warning: Google can be hazardous to your health: fertility preservation is an important part of cancer care -- Role of a patient navigator in fertility preservation -- Judaism and reproductive technology -- Reading between the lines of cancer and fertility: a provider's story -- Rewarding experience for a pediatric urologist -- Final thoughts.
- Oncofertility. Fertility preservation for cancer survivors 2007, SpringerPart I. Introduction --The emergence of a new discipline: oncofertility /Teresa K. Woodruff --Part II. Fertility risk and treatment options --Fertility management for women with cancer /Sanjay K. Agarwal and R. Jeffrey Chang --Fertility preservation in adult male cancer patients /Robert E. Brannigan --Managing fertility in childhood cancer patients /Kimberley J. Dilley --Fertility risk in pediatric and adolescent cancers /Clarisa R. Gracia and Jill P. Ginsberg --Part III. Oncofertility techniques and research --Bioengieneering and the ovarian follicle /Min Xu, Teresa K. Woodruff, and Lonnie D. Shea --The science of cryobiology /Steven F. Muller and John K. Critser --Ovarian tissue cryopreservation and transplantation: banking reproductive potential for the future /David Lee --Progress, history and promise of ovarian cryopreservation and transplantation for pediatric cancer patients /Yasmin Gosiengfiao --Part IV. Health care decision-making --Oncofertility and the social sciences /Karrie Ann Snyder --Shared decision making: fertility and pediatric cancers /Marla L. Clayman, Kathleen M. Galvin, and Paul Arnston --Part V. Ethical and psychosocial impact of cancer-related infertility --Today's research, tomorrows cures: the ethical implications of oncofertility /Leilah E. Backhus and Laurie Zoloth --The psychosocial context of cancer-related infertility /Matthew J. Loscalzo and Karen L. Clark --Childhood cancer: fertility and psychosocial implications /Karen E. Kinahan, Aarati Didwania, and Carrie L. Nieman --Fertility preservation and adolescent cancer patients: lessons from adult survivors of childhood cancer and their parents /Carrie L. Nieman ... [et al.] --Part VI. Training in a new medical discipline and medical guidelines --Oncofertility: a new medical discipline and the emerging scholar /Laxmi A. Kondapalli --Oncofertility Consortium consensus statement: guidelines for ovarian tissue cryopreservation /Leilah E. Backhus ... [et al.] --Part VII. Patient stories and oncofertility --Personal accounts of cancer and infertility /provided by Fertile Hope.
- Oncogenes meet metabolism 2008, Springer
- Oncogenomics handbook 2005, Springer
- Oncologic and cardiologic PET/CT-diagnosis 2008, Springer
- Oncology 2006, SpringerSect. 1. Principles of oncology. Evidence-based approach to oncology -- Principles of chemotherapy -- Principles of radiation oncology -- Principles of surgical therapy in oncology -- Principles of targeted and biological therapies -- Biologic principles of hematopoietic stem cell transplantation -- Evaluation of tumor markers: an evidence-based guide for determination of clinical utility -- Design and analysis of oncology clinical trials -- Ethics of clinical oncology research -- Informatics infrastructure for evidence-based cancer medicine -- Economics of cancer care -- Principles of screening for cancer -- Patient decision making -- Establishing an interdisciplinary oncology team -- Principles of complementary and alternative medicine for cancer -- Sect. 2. Translational basic science. Fundamental aspects of the cell cycle and signal transduction -- Viral carcinogenesis -- Environmental carcinogenesis -- Cancer metastasis -- Tumor immunology and immunotherapy -- Technologies in molecular biology: diagnostic applications -- Sect. 3. Cancer prevention and control. Cancer epidemiology -- Evidence-based cancer prevention research: a multidisciplinary perspective on cancer prevention trials -- Screening --Genetic screening and counseling for high-risk populations -- Behavior modification -- Sect. 4. Cancer imaging. Central nervous system imaging -- Breast imaging -- Imaging of throacic malignancies -- Imaging of gastrointestinal stromal tumor -- Genitourinary imaging -- Musculoskeletal imaging -- Positron emission tomography and cancer -- Sect. 5. Solid tumors. Central nervous system tumors -- Eye, orbit, and adnexal structures -- Head and neck cancer -- Lung cancer -- Therapy for malignant pleural mesothelioma -- Mediastinum -- Esophageal cancer -- Stomach -- Colon, rectal, and anal cancer management -- Adenocarcinoma and other small intestinal malignancies -- Cancer of the lung and bile ducts -- An evidence-based approach to the management of pancreatic cancer -- Renal cell cancer -- Ureter, bladder, penis, and urethra -- Prostate cancer -- Testis cancer -- Cervix, vulva, and vagina -- Gastational trophoblastic neoplasms -- Ovarian cancer -- Uterine malignancies -- Evidence-based management of breast cancer -- Thyroid and Parathyroid -- Tumors of the endocrine system -- Sarcomas of bone -- Soft tissue sarcoma --Cutaneous melanoma -- Nonmelanoma cutaneous malignancies -- Cancer of unknown primary site -- Solid tumors of childhood -- Sect. 6. Hematologic malignancies. Acute myeloid leukemia and the myelodysplastic syndromes -- Acute lymphoblastic leukemia -- Chronic lymphocytic leukemia and related chronic leukemias -- Chronic myeloid leukemia -- An evidence-based approach to the management of Hodgkin's lymphoma -- The non-Hodgkin's lymphomas -- Multiple myeloma -- Sect. 7. Practice of oncology. Superior vena cava syndrome -- Central nervous system emergencies -- Metabolic emergencies in oncology -- Surgical emergencies -- Oral complications of cancer therapy -- Alopecia and cutaneous complications of chemotherapy -- Infectious complications of cancer therapy -- Acute toxicities of therapy: pulmonary complications -- Cardiac complications -- Neurologic complications of therapy -- Acute toxicities of therapy: urologic complications -- Issues in vascular access with special emphasis on the cancer patient -- Management of cancer pain -- Nausea and vomiting in the cancer patient -- Nutritional support for the cancer patient --Paraneoplastic syndromes -- Malignant effusions -- Evidence-based use of hematopoietic growth factors for optimal supportive care of patients with cancer -- Management of the bone marrow transplant patient -- Management of anxiety and depression in adult cancer patients: toward an evidence-based approach -- Reproductive complications and sexual dysfunction in the cancer patient -- Metastatic cancer to the central nervous system -- Metastatic cancer in lung -- Surgical and regional therapy for liver metastases -- Metastatic cancer to bone -- Cancer in the immunosuppressed patient -- Cancer in the older population -- Chemotherapy in patients with organ dysfunction -- Management of the pregnant cancer patient -- Sect. 8. Cancer survivorship. Survivorship research: past, present, and future -- Late effects of cancer treatments -- Medical and psychosocial issues in childhood cancer survivors -- Medical and psychosocial issues in Hodgkin's disease survivors --Medical and psychosocial issues in testicular cancer survivors -- Medical and psychosocial issues in testicular cancer survivors -- Medical and psychosocial issues in gynecologic cancer survivors -- Medical, psychosocial, and health-related quality of life issues in breast cancer survivors -- Medical and psychosocial issues in prostate cancer survivors -- Physical and psychosocial issues in lung cancer survivors -- Cancer survivorship issues in colorectal cancer -- Medical and psychosocial issues in transplant survivors -- Second malignancies after radiation treatment and chemotherapy for primary cancers -- Psychosocial rehabilitation in cancer care -- Cancer advocacy.
- Oncology and basic science 2008, OvidSection I: Evaluation and management of musculoskeletal oncology problems -- Evaluation of bone tumors / Timothy A. Damron -- Evaluation of soft tissue tumors / Carol D. Morris -- Biopsy of musculoskeletal tumors / Edward A. Athanasian -- Treatment principles -- Surgical margins / Robert Quinn -- Benign tumors of bone / Cynthia M. Kelly -- Malignant bone lesions / Francis R. Patterson, Timoth A. Damron, and Carol D. Morris -- Soft tissue tumors / John Heiner and Jeremy White -- Pathologic fractures / Timothy A. Damron --Section II: Specific bone neoplasms and simulators -- Benign bone tumors -- Bone lesions / Felasfa M. Wodajo -- Cartilage lesions / Felasfa M. Wodajo -- Cystic lesions / Sung Wook Seo, Young Lae Moon, and Francis Young-In Lee -- Myogenic, lipogenic, and neural tumors / Sean V. McGarry and C. Parker Gibbs -- Fibrous lesions of bone / Sung Wook Seo, Young Lae Moon, and Francis Young-In Lee -- Giant cell tumor of bone / Sean V. McGarry and C. Parker Gibbs -- Vascular lesions / Sean V. McGarry and C. Parker Gibbs -- Other tumors of undefined neoplastic nature / Sean V. McGarry and C. Parker Gibbs -- Bone sarcomas -- Osteosarcoma / Francis R. Patterson -- Ewing sarcoma and primitive neuroectodermal tumor of bone / Bruce Rougraff -- Chondrosarcoma / R. Lor Randall and Kenneth J. Hunt -- Fibrous, fibrohistiocytic, and giant cell tumor malignancies / Hannah D. Morgan -- Notochordal tumors / Hannah D. Morgan -- Vascular sarcomas of bone / Hannah D. Morgan -- Myogenic, lipogenic, and epithelial bone sarcomas / Hannah D. Morgan -- Congenital and inherited bone conditions -- Familial adenomatous polyposis / Kathryn Palomino -- Beckwith-Wiedemann syndrome / Danielle A. Katz -- Skeletal dysplasias / Danielle A. Katz -- Retinoblastoma syndrome / Timothy A. Damron -- Rothmund-Thomson syndrome / Kathryn Palomino -- Werner syndrome / Kathryn Palomino -- Metastatic disease / Timothy A. Damron -- Hematologic malignancies / Valerae O. Lewis -- Metabolic bone diseases / Susan V. Bukata --Section III: Specific soft tissue neoplasms and simulators -- Benign soft tissue tumors / Timothy A. Damron and Gustavo de la Roza -- Soft tissue sarcomas / Carol D. Morris --Section IV: Basic science -- Cellular and molecular biology / Matthew J. Allen -- Growth and development of the musculoskeletal system / Donald E. Sweet and Thomas V. Smallman -- Genetic basis of musculoskeletal disorders / Sathappan S. Sathappan, Kirill Ilalov, and Paul E. Di Cesare -- Biomechanics / Frederick W. Werner and Joseph A. Spadaro -- Biomaterials / Joseph A. Spadaro, Michael T. Clarke, and Julie M. Hasenwinkel -- Principles of orthopaedic pharmacology / Carol D. Morris -- Bone form, function, injury, regeneration, and repair / Alexia Hernandez-Soria and Mathias Bostrom -- Articular cartilage structure, composition, and repair / Peter J. Roughley and Thomas V. Smallman -- Diarthrodial joints / Thomas V. Smallman, Kris Shekitka, and Donald Flemming -- Meniscal structure, function, repair, and replacement / Mark C. Drakos and Answorth A. Allen -- Intervertebral disk structure, composition, and mechanical function / Samuel A. Joseph, Jr., and Patrick Boland -- Tendon and ligament anatomy, biology, and biomechanics / Brian J. Harley and Joseph W. Bergman -- Peripheral nerve physiology, anatomy, and pathology / Shikha Sethi ... [et al.] -- Skeletal muscle anatomy, physiology, and mechanics / Bryan T. Kelly and William J. Robertson -- Infectious disorders of bone and joint / Thomas V. Smallman ... [et al.] -- Bacterial infection -- Granulomatous infection -- Infection associated with neuropathy -- Viral disorders -- Neoplasia / Matthew J. Allen.
- Oncology of CNS tumors. 2nd ed. 2010, Springer
- Oncoplastic and reconstructive surgery for breast cancer 2009, Springer
- Oncoplastic breast surgery 2010, Springer1. General Surgery -- Surgical Anatomy / Elisabeth Würinger -- Breast Cancer Surgery: Standard Principles / Florian Fitzal -- Oncoplastic Breast Surgery / Peter Schrenk -- 2. Oncoplastic Surgery (OPS) -- OPS and Breast Conserving Surgery (BSC) / Peter Schrenk, Elizabeth J. Hall-Findlay, Florian Fitzal, Andrea Grisotti and Donato Casella, et al. -- OPS and Mastectomy / Grant W. Carlson, Francesca De Lorenzi, Mario Rietjens, Andrea Manconi and Daniela Hoch, et al. -- Special Considerations / Florian Fitzal, Rupert Koller, Stefan Gärner, Elisabeth Grafinger-Witt and Mario Rietjens, et al.
- Oncothermia 2011, Springer
- Optical imaging of cancer 2009, Springer
- Oral cancer metastasis 2010, Springer
- Orbital tumors 2005, Springer
- Origin of cancers 2010, Springer
- Ovarian cancer 2008, Springer
- Ovarian cancer, renal cancer, urogenitary tract cancer, urinary bladder cancer, cervical uterine cancer, skin cancer, leukemia, multiple myeloma, and sarcoma 2010, Springer
- Ovarian cancer. 2nd ed. 2009, Springer
- Ovarian cancer. 2nd ed. 2001, Ovid
- Oxidation 2008, Springer
- Oxidative stress in cancer biology and therapy 2012, Springer
- 1,3-Butadiene, ethylene oxide and vin...
- — Chronic lymphocytic leukemia ...........
- Chronic myeloid neoplasias and clonal...
- — Human cell transformation ..............
- Human papillomavirus ...................
- — Oxidative stress in cancer biology an...
- p53 protocols ..........................
- — Yeast as tool in cancer research .......
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
Editor: Jianfang, Zhang
Translated & Donated by Muoi Arnold and Keith Arnold former Stanford faculty