Books by Subject
- Agricultural medicine a practical guide 2006, Springer
- Asthma in the workplace. Fourth edition. [4th ed.] 2013, CRCnetBASE
- Historical Perspective of Occupational and Environmental Lung Disease / Paul David Blanc MD, MSPH -- The Occupational and Environmental History / Lawrence C. Mohr Jr. -- Use of Laboratory Tests in Occupational and Environmental Lung Diseases / Jean-Luc Malo -- Radiography and CT of Occupational and Environmental Lung Diseases /; Philip C. Goodman --; Environmental and Occupational Causes of Asthma / Marcos Ribeiro, Susan M. Tarlo -- Hypersensitivity Pneumonitis / Lawrence Ho, Ware G. Kuschner -- Air Pollution and Lung Diseases / Yuh-Chin T. Huang, Ellen Volker -- Unanswered Questions Regarding Asbestos Exposure: Concerns for the Next Generation / Daniel E. Banks -- Pneumoconiosis in the Twenty-First Century / Andrew J. Ghio -- Inhalation Injury / David J. Prezant, Dorsett D. Smith -- Hard Metal Lung Disease / Toshinori Takada, Hiroshi Moriyama -- Beryllium Disease / John Ferguson, Margaret M. Mroz -- Occupational Lung Cancer / Ignatius T. S. Yu, Lap-Ah Tse, Hong Qiu -- COPD in Non-smokers / K. B. Hubert Lam, Om P. Kurmi, Jon G. Ayres -- Emerging Issues in Environmental and Occupational Lung Diseases / Yuh-Chin T. Huang -- Disability Assessment in Occupational and Environmental Lung Diseases / Clayton T. Cowl -- Global Impact of Occupational and Environmental Lung Diseases / Eric D. Amster, David C. Christiani.
- Corporate safety compliance OSHA, ethics, and the law 2008, CRCnetBASEHistory of OSHA -- OSHA inspection procedures -- Corporate compliance management -- Preparing for an inspection OSHA inspection checklist -- OSHA penalty structure -- Defenses to an OSHA citation -- Criminal sanctions under the OSH act and beyond -- Occupational safety and health review commission -- Occupational safety and health review commission appeal procedures -- Operational compliance -- Multi-employer worksite issues -- Workers' compensation and safety -- Other litigation issues -- Other laws affecting the safety function -- Ethics in the safety profession -- Emerging issues in safety.
- Definitions, conversions, and calculations for occupational safety and health professionals. 3rd ed. 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Discipline of environmental and occupational medicine / William N. Rom -- The Role of surveillance in occupational health / Steven B. Markowitz -- The Occupational and environmental history and examination / John E. Parker -- Epidemiology of occupational diseases / Gary M. Marsh -- Occupational biostatistics / Howard E. Rockette -- Impairment, disability, and functional capacity / Alan L. Engelberg and William Greaves -- Molecular biology / John G. Hay -- TP53 tumor suppressor gene / S. Perwez Hussain and Curtis C. Harris -- Biomarkers / Sudhir Srivastava and Karl E. Krueger -- Genetic susceptibility / Chu-Ling Yu and David C. Christiani -- Environmental mutagenesis / C. Stuart Baxter -- Evaluation of occupational exposures and effects on male and female reproduction / Susan Rae Reutman and Grace K. LeMasters -- Particle deposition and pulmonary defense mechanisms / Morton Lippmann and Lung-chi Chen -- Lung immune defenses against environmental agents / Lester Kobzik -- Pulmonary function testing / Stuart M. Garay -- Imaging of pneumoconioses / David A. Lynch -- Molecular mechanisms of particle-induced lung disease / Arnold R. Brody and Gilbert F. Morris -- Analysis of fibrous and nonfibrous particles / Jerrold L. Abraham and Bryan R. Burnett -- Asbestosis, pleural fibrosis, and lung cancer / William N. Rom -- Malignant mesothelioma / Delia Nelson ... [et al.] -- Man-made vitreous fibers, vermiculite, and zeolite / James E. Lockey, Vikas Kapil, and Nancy K. Wiese -- Respiratory disease in coal miners / Michael D. Attfield, Vincent Castranova, and Gregory R. Wagner -- The Health effects of silica exposure / Ahmad S. Jalloul and Daniel E. Banks -- Hypersensitivity pneumonitis / Yvon Cormier and Yves Lacasse -- Inhalation fever / Paul David Blanc -- Occupational and environmental asthma / Stuart M. Brooks, Thomas Truncale, and James McCluskey -- Environment, genes, and immune mechanisms in asthma / Joan Reibman, Linda Rogers, and Maria Elena Fernandez-Beros -- Firefighter's health and health effects of the world trade center collapse / Michael Weiden ... [et al.] -- International byssinosis / Denise Harrison -- Isocyanates exposures and health effects / Carrie Redlich and Dhimiter Bello -- Occupational exposures as a cause of chronic airways disease / John R. Balmes -- Lung Diseases associated with silicates and other dust / Vinicius Antao, Germania Pinheiro, and John E. Parker -- Respiratory tract irritants / Tee Guidotti -- Simple asphyxiants / Marc Wilkenfeld -- Chemical asphyxiants / William S. Beckett -- Agricultural dust-induced lung disease / M. Brian Hartz, Nancy Sprince, and Joel Kline -- Upper airway disorders / Rebecca Bascom and Marina Y. Dolina -- Occupational skin disease / David Cohen and Megan M. Moore -- Toxic peripheral neuropathy / Margit L. Bleecker -- Human behavioral neurotoxicology / W. Kent Anger, Diane S. Rohlman, and Daniel Storzbach -- Occupational heart disease / Kenneth D. Rosenman -- Occupational eye disorders / Jason A. Goldsmith, Norman A. Zabriskie and Randall J. Olson -- Occupational infections / Kevin Dieckhaus -- Terrorism preparedness / Lewis Goldfrank and Howard Greller -- HIV in the workplace / Marty Markowitz ... [et al.] -- The Occupational risk of tuberculosis care / Kent A. Sepkowitz and Tara Palmore -- Hematologic effects of occupational hazards / John H. Ward -- Toxic liver disorders / John D. Groopman and Denise Johnson -- Environmental and occupational causes of toxic injury to the kidneys and urinary tract / Edward T. Zawada, Jr. -- Occupational bladder cancer / Steven B. Markowitz -- Psychiatric syndromes common to the workplace / Robert C. Larsen -- Alcohol and drug abuse in industry / Kent W. Peterson and Donna R. Smith -- Psychological job stress / Joseph J. Hurrell, Jr. -- Multiple chemical sensitivity / Alan M. Ducatman -- Gulf war illness / Howard Kipen and Melissa McDiarmid -- Occupational safety and human factors / Howard Sandler -- Ergonomics and occupational biomechanics / Manny Halpern -- Nonspecific low back pain / Margareta Nordin -- Carpal tunnel syndrome / Owen Kieran -- Toxicogenomics and exposure assessment / Samuel Wilson ... [et al.] -- Occupational and environmental exposure to lead / Alf Fischbein and Howard Hu -- Mercury / Lynn Goldman -- Cadmium / Dominique F. Lison and Violaine Verougstraete -- Arsenic / Toby G. Rossman -- Beryllium disease / Lisa A. Maier, Carol Gunn and Lee S. Newman -- Hard metal disease / Dominique F. Lison -- Chromium compounds / Mitchell D. Cohen and Max Costa -- Nickel compounds / Mitchell D. Cohen, Catherine Klein and Max Costa -- Metal compounds and rare earths / Bruce Fowler -- Organic solvents and fuels / Nancy L. Fiedler and Steven Lerman -- Benzene / Philip J. Landrigan -- Formaldehyde / Dean B. Baker -- Ethylene oxide / Anthony D. LaMontagne, N. Kyle Steenland and Karl T. Kelsey -- Pesticides / Marc B. Schenker, Steven R. Offerman, and Timothy E. Albertson -- Health effects of agent orange, other military herbicides, and dioxins / Jeanne M. Stellman and Steven D. Stellman -- Pentachlorophenol and tetrachlorophenol / Glenys M. Webster, Shona J. Kelly and Kay Teschke -- Polychlorinated biphenyls / Stephen H. Safe -- Trimellitic anhydride and other acid anhydrides / Leslie C. Grammer and Kathleen E. Harris -- Carbon disulfide / Stephen M. Levin and Ruth Lilis -- N Nitrosamines / Stephen S. Hecht -- Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and petroleum industry / Steven D. Stellman and Tee L. Guidotti -- Occupational hazards in the microelectronics industry / Joseph LaDou -- Radiation carcinogenesis / Fred Burns ... [et al.] -- Nonionizing radiation / W. Gregory Lotz -- Occupational exposure to noise / Robert J. McCunney and John Meyer -- Dysbarism / Rafael E. de la Hoz -- High-altitude illnesses / William N. Rom -- Thermal extremes in the work environment / Kathleen A. Delaney and Lewis R. Goldfrank -- Occupational exposure to vibration / Donald E. Wasserman and Jack Wasserman -- Shift work and long work hours / Claire Caruso and Roger R. Rosa -- Sleep disorders and work / Joyce A. Walsleben, Edward B. O'Malley, and David M. Rapoport -- Sick building syndrome and building-related illness / Kathleen Kreiss -- Air pollution : outdoor and indoor sources / George D. Thurston -- Air pollution : epidemiology / Johnathan Samet -- Air pollution : human health studies / Robert B. Devlin and Donald Graff -- Air pollution : toxicological studies / Terry Gordon -- Ozone / Morton Lippmann -- Nitrogen oxides / Richard Schlesinger -- Sulfur dioxide / Mark Frampton and Mark J. Utell -- Particulate matter / Sverre Vedal and Jeffrey H. Sullivan -- Acid rain / Kathleen C. Weathers, Gene E. Likens, and Thomas J. Butler -- Cigarette smoking / Jonathan Samet and Stephen S. Hecht -- Bioaccumulation and toxicities of aromatic hydrocarbon contaminants at different trophic levels of the Hudson River ecosystem / Isaac I. Wirgin -- The Built environment / Howard Frumkin -- Biological and medical implications of global warming / Paul R. Epstein -- Chlorofluorocarbons and destruction of the ozone layer / Mario J. Molina and Luisa T. Molina -- Environmental law and policy / Jeffrey G. Miller -- Clean Air Act / Daniel Greenbaum -- Occupational Safety and Health Administration and the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health / John Howard -- United States Environmental Protection Agency / Kathleen Callahan ... [et al.] -- Environmental health practice and research at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry / Thomas H. Sinks and Henry Falk -- Risk assessment and economic evaluation / James Hammitt -- Workers' compensation / Nicholas A. Ashford -- International occupational and environmental health / Joseph LaDou -- Children's environmental health research / Frederica Perera and Sheila Viswanathan -- Disparities in environmental and occupational health / George Friedman-Jiménez and Luz Claudio -- Industrial hygiene measurement and control / Beverly S. Cohen -- Respirators / Philip Harber -- The Occupational health service / Peter Rabinowitz and Oyebode Taiwo -- Moral questions of occupational and environmental medicine / Sheldon Samuels -- New frontiers in environmental health research / David A. Schwartz, Brenda K. Weis, and Samuel H. Wilson.
- Offers practice guidelines for conducting workplace mental health disability evaluations. This book examines legal and ethical aspects of employment evaluations. It also offers an examination of the process of psychiatric disability development, and discusses issues specific to evaluations for Social Security and other disability benefit programs.
- Fundamentals of health at work the social dimensions 2001, CRCnetBASE1. The peculiarity of the workplace as harbinger of illness -- 2. The historical context -- 3. Regulatory developments, roles and functions -- 4. The work, the organisation and the individual -- 5. Theoretical perspectives of workplace health improvement -- 6. Workplace health promotion.
- Handbook of hygiene control in the food industry 2005, CRCnetBASEpt. 1. Risks -- pt. 2. Improving design -- pt. 3. Improving hygiene management and methods.
- Handbook of occupational safety and health 2010, CRCnetBASEOccupational safety and health--safe work in a safe environment. The challenge, of course, is how to make this happen and make it happen economically. A comprehensive study presenting the state of the art in the field, Handbook of Occupational Safety and Health provides a wide range of methods along with specific criteria for assessing hazards and exposures in the workplace environment. More importantly, it also offers ways to reduce these hazards. The book supplies a compendium of interdisciplinary knowledge that includes physical, chemical, and psychosocial risk factors in the work environment and also discusses issues concerning occupational safety and health management. The book discusses the ergonomic principles of shaping products, workstands, and work processes, highlighting the significance of international requirements for competitiveness in the world economy. It presents the scientific basis for each safety and health issue, followed by well-illustrated case studies to demonstrate the concepts and theories and their application in real-world situations. Based on the results of international research, the book covers. Developed by a team of renowned contributors, Handbook of Occupational Safety and Health includes strategies for creating safe working conditions, accurately assessing hazards posed by harmful environmental factors, and preventing occupational accidents and diseases. Meticulously designed to be user-friendly, it provides the tools to create a safety culture beginning at the enterprise level through to the individual employee. --Book Jacket.
- Handbook of OSHA construction safety and health. 2nd ed. 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Health and safety in welding and allied processes. 5th ed. 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Human safety and risk management. 2nd ed. 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Illustrated dictionary and resource directory of environmental and occupational health. 2nd ed. 2005, CRCnetBASE
- International classification of HRCT for occupational and environmental respiratory diseases 2005, Springer
- Irritant dermatitis 2006, SpringerI. Classification and clinical features -- 1. Ten genotypes of irritant contact dermatitis -- 2. Irritant contact dermatitis versus allergic contact dermatitis -- II. Special clinical forms -- 3. Barrier function and perturbation: relevance for interdigital dermatitis -- 4. Friction melanosis -- 5. Diaper dermatitis -- 6. Chemical skin burns -- 7. Contact urticaria syndrome -- 8. Airborne irritant dermatitis -- 9. Irritant dermatitis of the scalp -- 10. Irritant contact dermatitis of the nails -- III. Epidemiology -- 11. Importance of irritant contact dermatitis in occupational skin disease -- 12. Irritant contact dermatitis in the tropics -- IV. Occupational irritant dermatitis -- 13. Occupational issues of irritant contact dermatitis -- 14. Hairdressing -- 15. Occupational irritant dermatitis - metal workers -- 16. Health care workers -- 17. The Electronics industry -- 18. Painters, lacquerers, and varnishers -- V. Risk factors for irritant dermatitis -- 19. Age -- 20. Gender -- 21. Ethnicity -- 22. Atopy -- VI. Insights from bioengineering -- 23. Prediction bioengineering -- 24. Quantitative sonography for the evaluation of irritant reactions -- 25. Functional skin testing: the SMART procedures -- 26. Bioengineering correlates of the sensitive skin syndrome: the sensory irritation component -- 27. Squamometry -- VII. The Irritants: special issues -- 28. Corrosive materials -- 29. Detergents -- 30. Sodium lauryl sulfate -- 31. Organic solvents -- 32. Oils, cutting fluids, and lubricants -- 33. Food -- 34. Dithranol -- 35. Copper -- 36. Fatty acid binding proteins -- VIII. Mechanisms of irritant dermatitis -- 37. Histopathology of irritant contact dermatitis -- 38. Percutaneous absorption and irritant dermatitis -- 39 Cytokines and irritant dermatitis -- 40. Oxidative stress -- 41. Langerhans cells and skin irritation -- 42. Hydration injury -- IX. Prevention of irritant dermatitis -- 43. Primary prevention of irritant contact dermatitis -- 44. Protective gloves -- 45. Anti-irritants -- 46. Barrier creams -- 47. Moisturizers -- 48. Moisturizers and irritant contact dermatitis -- 49. Effects of CO2 on barrier recovery -- X. Management and therapy -- 50. Treatment of irritant contact dermatitis -- 51. Topical corticosteroids in the treatment of irritant dermatitis -- 52. Barrier creams and emollients -- XI. Product testing -- 53. In vivo models of skin irritation -- 54. In vitro methods to predict skin irritation -- XII. Appendices -- 1. Questionnaire methods for hand dermatitis studies -- 2. Patient information sheets -- 3. Selected sources of information for irritant contact dermatitis.
- Kanerva's Occupational dermatology. 2nd ed. 2012, SpringerOccupational skin diseases are a field of increasing interest in today's dermatology. Due to rapid developments in several areas of modern industry, new dermatological problems constantly occur amongst workers.The 1st edition of this Handbook of Occupational Dermatology was published in 2000 and has served as the main reference book of occupational skin diseases for general and occupational dermatologists and occupational physicians. The new edition is completely revised, updated and extended with respect to new developments. The layout allows for both quick access to practical information and in-depth reading. Included are concise tables, algorithms and figures on how to optimize the diagnostic procedure for daily patient management and expert opinion.The new edition will continue the success as major source of reference for clinical and experimental work in the field of occupational skin diseases, both for students and experts.
- Mosby's Field guide to occupational therapy for physical dysfunction. 2013, ScienceDirectSection 1. Overview and occupational therapy process -- section 2. Occupational performance and the performance areas : evaluation and intervention -- section 3. Performance skills and client factors : evaluation and intervention -- section 4. The occupational therapy process : implementation of interventions -- section 5. Intervention applications.
- Occupational asthma 2010, Springer
- Occupational cancers 2014, SpringerThis book is a comprehensive guide to occupational factors of malignant diseases. It discusses potentially work-related malignancies, in the context of exposure assessment, specific clinical and pathological features of occupational cancer and biomarkers of exposure and disease. Epidemiological data about risk ratios of the cancer in question are reviewed for various occupations and with exposure to specific carcinogens, carcinogenic mechanisms, host susceptibility factors (genetic and other) and other environmental and life-style risk factors. Aspects such as surveillance of workers exposed to carcinogens, and strategies for prevention of occupational cancer are also discussed. Occupational Cancers is aimed at oncologists, pathologists, residents in training, clinical researchers, clinicians in occupational health, epidemiologists, pulmonologists, lawyers and public health officials.
- Occupational hearing loss. 3rd ed. 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Occupational physiology 2012, CRCnetBASEWork, working life, occupational physiology / Allan Toomingas, Svend Erik Mathiassen, and Ewa Wigaeus Tornqvist -- Work demanding high energy metabolism / Ewa Wigaeus Tornqvist -- Work requiring considerable muscle force / Katarina Kjellberg -- Work in awkward postures / Karin Harms-Ringdahl -- Work with highly repetitive movements / Fredrik Hellström -- Prolonged, low-intensity, sedentary work / Allan Toomingas -- Work with high levels of mental strain / Bo Melin -- Work that disrupts the diurnal rhythm / Torbjörn Åkerstedt -- Work in heat and cold / Désirée Gavhed -- A good working life for everyone / Allan Toomingas, Margareta Bratt Carlström, and Svend Erik Mathiassen.
- Occupational safety and hygiene 2013, CRCnetBASEApplied ergonomics -- Cognitive ergonomics -- Construction safety -- Economic aspects of prevention -- Education and training in prevention -- Emerging risks -- Environmental ergonomics -- Fire safety -- Health monitoring and occupational medicine -- Human and organisational factors -- Occupational ergonomics -- Occupational hygiene -- Occupational safety -- Risk assessment methods -- Other.
- Office ergonomics practical applications 2008, CRCnetBASE1. Working posture -- 1.1. Introduction -- 1.2. Sitting versus standing -- 1.3. The back -- 1.4. Posture -- 1.5. Maintenance and monitoring of good posture -- 1.6. Summary -- 2. The design of workstation furniture -- 2.1. Introduction -- 2.2. Desks -- 2.2.1. Desk height -- 2.2.2. Worksurface design -- 2.2.3. Worksurface layout -- 2.2.4. Undersurface features -- 2.3. Partitions -- 2.4. Chairs -- 2.4.1. Seat height adjustment -- 2.4.2. Backrest adjustment -- 2.4.3. Armrests -- 2.4.4. Adjustment mechanisms -- 2.5. Accessories -- 2.5.1. Footrests -- 2.5.2. Wristrests -- 2.5.3. Document holders -- 2.5.4. Screen risers -- 2.5.5. Telephone headsets -- 2.5.6. Reading slopes -- 2.6. Summary -- 3. Workstation trials -- 3.1. Introduction -- 3.2. Task analysis -- 3.2.1. Starting the procedure -- 3.2.2. Information collection -- 3.2.3. Recording information -- 3.3. Trials -- 3.4. The roll-out -- 3.5. Summary -- 4. Computer use -- 4.1. Introduction -- 4.2. Desktops -- 4.3. Flat screens -- 4.4. Laptops -- 4.5. Wireless technology -- 4.6. Out-of-office working -- 4.6.1. Home office -- 4.6.2. Mobile offices -- 4.7. Summary -- 5. Screen displays -- 5.1. Introduction -- 5.2. Memory -- 5.2.1. Short-term memory -- 5.2.2. Long-term memory -- 5.3. Displays -- 5.3.1. Fonts -- 5.3.2. Using color -- 5.3.3. Layout -- 5.3.4. Wording -- 5.3.5. Windows -- 5.4. Summary -- 6. Input devices -- 6.1. Introduction -- 6.2. Keyboards -- 6.3. Mouse -- 6.4. Touchpads -- 6.5. Trackball -- 6.6. Joystick -- 6.7. Touchscreens -- 6.8. Graphics tablets -- 6.9. Voice recognition software -- 6.10. General design requirements -- 6.11. Summary -- 7. Organizational issues -- 7.1. Introduction -- 7.2. Job design -- 7.3. Work rate -- 7.4. Rest breaks -- 7.5. Overtime -- 7.6. Incentives -- 7.7. Motivation -- 7.8. Shift work -- 7.9. Compressed working week -- 7.10. Managing change -- 7.11. Summary -- 8. Training -- 8.1. Introduction -- 8.2. The trainees -- 8.3. Training methods -- 8.4. The course -- 8.5. Alternative approaches -- 8.6. Making training more effective -- 8.7. After the course -- 8.8. Summary -- 9. The environment -- 9.1. Introduction -- 9.2. Noise -- 9.3. Lighting -- 9.3.1. Glare -- 9.3.2. Artificial light -- 9.3.3. Natural light -- 9.3.4. Color -- 9.4. Thermal comfort -- 9.5. Summary -- 10. Manual handling -- 10.1. Introduction -- 10.2. Manual handling injuries -- 10.3. Reducing the risk -- 10.3.1. Mechanical assistance -- 10.3.2. Work demands -- 10.3.3. Object characteristics -- 10.3.4. Environmental conditions -- 10.3.5. The person -- 10.4. Training -- 10.5. Summary -- 11. Work-related ill health -- 11.1. Introduction -- 11.2. Upper limb disorders -- 11.2.1. Types of upper limb disorders -- 22.214.171.124. Tenosynovitis -- 126.96.36.199. Carpal tunnel syndrome -- 188.8.131.52. Dupuytren's contracture -- 184.108.40.206. Vibration white finger -- 220.127.116.11. Ganglion -- 18.104.22.168. Epicondylitis -- 22.214.171.124. Tendinitis -- 126.96.36.199. Frozen shoulder -- 188.8.131.52. Thoracic outlet syndrome -- 184.108.40.206. Cervical spondylosis -- 220.127.116.11. Osteoarthritis -- 11.2.2. Causes of upper limb disorders -- 18.104.22.168. Repetition -- 22.214.171.124. Awkward postures -- 126.96.36.199. Static muscle work -- 188.8.131.52. Force -- 184.108.40.206. Duration of exposure -- 220.127.116.11. Other contributory factors -- 18.104.22.168. Psychosocial factors -- 22.214.171.124. Extra-organizational factors -- 11.3. Responding to ULDs -- 11.4. Backache -- 11.5. Visual fatigue -- 11.6. Stress -- 11.7. Summary -- 12. Disability -- 12.1. Introduction -- 12.2. Workstation arrangements -- 12.3. Computer work -- 12.4. General environment -- 12.5 Summary -- 13. Risk assessment -- 13.1. Introduction -- 13.2. Sample checklists -- 14. Case studies -- 14.1. Introduction -- 14.2. Case study A -- 14.3. Case study B -- 14.4. Case study C -- 14.5. Case study D -- 14.6. Case study E --14.7. Case study F.
- Patty's Industrial hygiene. Volume 1-4. 5th ed. 2000, Knovel
- Physical hazards of the workplace 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Safety officer's concise desk reference 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Safety, health, and asset protection management essentials. 2nd ed. 2002, CRCnetBASE
- "Includes comprehensive hazard information on the substances encountered in the workplace. The objective of the work is to promote safety by providing the most up-to-date hazard information available"--Provided by publisher. "Since its inception in the early 1950's, this book has become the "bible" for those who need to evaluate the hazard of substances used in commerce. The book contains extensive data on approximately 28,000 substances. It is designed to fill the information needs of professionals who must work with and evaluate the hazards of chemicals"--Provided by publisher.
- Sick building syndrome and related illness prevention and remediation of mold contamination 2011, CRCnetBASEChapter 1. Introduction / Walter E. Goldstein -- Chapter 2. Epidemiology and Health Effects in Moisture-Damaged Damp Buildings / Jean Cox-Ganser, Ju-Hyeong Park, Richard Kanwal -- Chapter 3. Mold Biology, Molecular Biology and Genetics / Edward Sobek -- Chapter 4. Products of Mold Associated with Sick Building Syndrome / Walter E. Goldstein -- Chapter 5. Mathematical Model of Mold Propagation and Product Formation in Building Materials, Inherent Transport Phenomena and Applications / Walter E. Goldstein, Willem A. Schreuder -- Chapter 6. Forensic Studies in Moldy-Damp Buildings / Philip R. Morey, Gary N. Crawford, Michael J. Cornwell, Brad Caddick, Tara Toren-Rudisill, Raoul Webb -- Chapter 7. Practices in Identifying, Remediating and Reoccupancy When Mold Occurs / Gary R. Brown -- Chapter 8. Analysis of Microscopic Contaminants in Sick Building Investigations / James Millette, Barb Epstien, Elliott Horner -- Chapter 9. Analytical Practice in Mold Identification and Solutions, Including Measurements and Sampling / Edward Sobek -- Chapter 10. Research and Development, Directions in Construction Practice and Summary Recommendations / Walter E. Goldstein.
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Access restricted to Stanford community
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
Can't find it?
Look if we have it in print
- Springer Protocols
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.Large number of high quality software and database programming titles from O'Reilly. Other software titles are also available from Sams and Prentice Hall. Limited to 7 concurrent users.Vast collection of software and database programming titles from multiple publishers, including Microsoft Press.Largest provider of engineering-related eBooks; includes titles in computer science and biomedical engineering.Over 4,000 full-text e-books covering scientific and technical information from CRC Press and others. Many handbooks and single volume reference sources.A repository of medical knowledge from internal medicine, cardiology, genetics, pharmacy, diagnosis and management, basic sciences, patient care, and more. Continuously expanding, all databases in the repository contain the latest editions of selected medical titles.Includes peer-reviewed life science and biomedical research protocols compiled from Methods in Molecular Biology, Methods in Molecular Medicine, Methods in Biotechnology, Methods in Pharmacology and Toxicology, Neuromethods, the Biomethods Handbook, the Proteomics Handbook, and Springer Laboratory Manuals.Contains full text access to selected biomedical and nursing books.Provides one-click access to important clinical resources; includes evidence-based diagnosis and treatment guidelines, Books, EBM articles, Ovid MEDLINE, Drug facts and comparisons, Drug interaction facts, guidelines from National Guideline Clearinghouse, patient handouts (English and Spanish), and local content.ClinicalKey provides access to textbooks, electronic journals, practice guidelines, drug information, and patient education handouts.A collection of biomedical books that can be searched directly by concept, and linked to terms in PubMed abstracts.Provides online, full-text access to Springer's journal titles as well as journals from other publishers. Subjects include: life sciences, chemical sciences, environmental sciences, geosciences, computer science, mathematics, medicine, physics and astronomy, engineering and economics. Also includes eBooks.Collection of over 8 thousand fulltext titles in engineering, math, and basic and applied biomedical research. Coverage is from 1967 to the present.A library of ebooks on a wide array of topics, digitized and made available online in conjunction with the original publishers.