Books by Subject
- Accelerated partial breast irradiation : techniques and clinical implementation — Female pelvic surgery (100)
- Female puberty : a comprehensive guide for clinicians — Oncoplastic breast surgery : a guide to clinical practice. [1st ed.] (100)
- Outpatient breast clinic : aiming at best practice — Williams obstetrics. 24th edition. (89)
Obstetrics and Gynecology
- 2006. SpringerArthur, Douglas W.; Vicini, Frank A.; Wazer, David E.Also available: Print – 2006
- 2014 SpringerAugustin, Goran.Part I. Surgery -- 1. Acute Appendicitis -- 2. Acute Biliary Tract Diseases -- 3. Acute Pancreatitis -- 4. Nontraumatic Gastroduodenal Perforations -- 5. Symptomatic Abdominal Wall Hernias -- 6. Symptomatic Diaphragmatic Hernia -- 7. Intestinal Obstruction -- 8. Acute Inflammatory Bowel Disease -- 9. Spleen -- 10. Abdominal Trauma -- 11. Miscellaneous Conditions -- Part II. Gynecology -- 12. Adnexal Torsion -- 13. (Isolated) Torsion of the Fallopian Tube -- 14. Ruptured/Bleeding Ovarian Cysts/Tumors -- 15. Ruptured Ectopic Pregnancy -- 16. Spontaneous Uterine Rupture -- 17. Torsion of the Gravid Uterus -- 18. Degenerating Uterine Myomas -- 19. Pelvic Inflammatory Disease and Tubo-ovarian Abscess.
- 2014 SpringerFarghaly, Samir A.This volume is an up-to-date resource on the international state-of-the-art in the diagnosis and management of ovarian cancer. While this devastating disease has been considered mainly a disease of the Western hemisphere, the book moves beyond our conventional understanding and embraces knowledge from around the world. It focuses on recent advances in diagnosis, including genetic screening; improvements and expanded choices in management, such as gene therapy and the optimization of chemotherapeutic agents; and the latest laparoscopic and robotic surgical techniques. Further chapters address histopathologic features of this disease, and related psychosocial and quality of-life-issues. The book is aimed at the wide range of practitioners who care for patients with ovarian cancer and researchers who study the disease: general surgeons, surgical oncologists, gynecological oncologists, medical oncologists, pediatric oncologists, gynecological pathologists, gynecologists, gynecological cancer epidemiologists, gynecological onco-psychologist, genetic counselors, geneticists, and cancer research scientists.
- Advances in fetal and neonatal physiology : proceedings of the Center for Perinatal Biology 40th Anniversary Symposium2014 SpringerDucsay, Charles Andrew; Zhang, Lubo."To celebrate the Center for Perinatal Biology's 40th Anniversary, an illustrious group gathered at Loma Linda University in February 2013. That gathering of experts and this volume of the proceedings are a tribute to the founder of the Center, Lawrence D. Longo, M.D. These chapters present contributions from individuals who in some way or another were influenced by Dr. Longo. Covering a wide range of topics, and illustrating the diversity of thinking and scientific interests, these proceedings address basic science through to clinical problems in the developmental programming of health and disease"--Publisher's description.Also available: Print – 2014
- 2012 Future MedSchwartz, Peter E.Advances in ovarian cancer management / Peter E. Schwartz -- Etiology and overview / Gang Ye, Stefanie Bernaudo & Chun Peng -- Diagnostic imaging in the management of ovarian masses / Amit Mahajan, Indukala Doddamane & Shirley McCarthy -- Initial surgical management of ovarian cancer / Jason Knight & Peter G. Rose -- Initial chemotherapy for the treatment of ovarian cancer / Katherine M. Moxley & Robert S. Mannel -- Neoadjuvant chemotherapy in the management of advanced ovarian cancer / Peter E. Schwartz -- Intraperitoneal chemotherapy : its use in epithelial ovarian cancer / Neesha Dhani & Helen Mackay -- Chemotherapeutic management of recurrent ovarian cancer / Marcia Hall -- Emerging chemotherapy agents in ovarian cancer / Daliah Tsoref & Amit M. Oza -- Surgical management of recurrent ovarian cancer / Eelco de Bree -- Angiogenesis in ovarian cancer / Vincent Castonguay & Amit M. Oza -- Antigen-specific immunotherapy for ovarian cancer / Dana M. Roque & Alessandro D. Santin -- Poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase inhibitors and epithelial ovarian cancer -- Thomas P. McNally, Gillianne G.Y. Lai & Richard T. Penson -- Emerging targeted therapies / Mirko Marabese & Massimo Broggini -- Palliative care in ovarian cancer / Cynthia O'Sullivan, Elizabeth Ercolano & Ruth McCorkle -- Guidelines in ovarian cancer / Domenica Lorusso, Antonella Pietragalla & Giovanni Scambia -- Index.
- 2007 OvidKovac, S. Robert; Zimmerman, Carl W.
- 2010 SpringerNeal-Perry, Genevieve; Santoro, Nanette.Amenorrhea: A Case-Based Clinical Guide is a comprehensive review of the current knowledge regarding normal female reproductive physiology. Replete with interesting case vignettes and providing diagnostic algorithms and therapeutic strategies for amenorrhea, Amenorrhea: A Case-Based Clinical Guide is divided into three sections. The first section is composed of two chapters that provide a thorough review of basic science and clinical knowledge about the organ systems responsible for normal physiology of the menstrual cycle. The second section includes discussion about menstrual cycle disruption as it relates to hypothalamic-pituitary dysfunction, surgical and natural menopause, genetic defects, premature ovarian failure/insufficiency and the effects of caloric excess and restriction. The third section offers an update on the physiological effects of prolonged amenorrhea induced surgically or by hypothalamic dysfunction and also includes an original chapter that focuses solely on the impact of race and ethnicity on the prevalence and diagnosis of amenorrhea. Amenorrhea: A Case-Based Clinical Guide brings together chapters from renowned experts who offer state-of-the-art, clinically useful information in a case-based, reader-friendly fashion. This title will be a welcome addition to the bookshelves of all clinicians who practice in women's health settings.
- 2014 SpringerDi Marino, Vincent; Lepidi, Hubert."This eagerly awaited book offers a unique, comprehensive scientific study of the anatomy of the organ of female sexual pleasure. The authors use macroscopic and microscopic research to guide the reader from the glans, the visible part of the clitoris, where they explore the impressive sensory corpuscles, to the hidden roots of the bulbo-clitoral organ. They show its complexity, its exact location within the external genitalia and its intimate relationship with the urethro-vaginal pyramid. They also remind us that throughout history there has been a failure to understand this organ, and explain that this misunderstanding remains the cause of persistent excisions, criminal mutilating practices that have not yet been eradicated. Using extensive iconography, they demonstrate throughout this book that the bulbo-clitoral organ is an exceptional natural treasure that every woman possesses and that every man should know well."--Publisher's website.
- 2006 SpringerAzziz, Ricardo; Dewailly, Didier; Nestler, John E.A brief history of androgen excess / Ricardo Azziz -- Ovarian and adrenal androgen biosynthesis and metabolism / Walter L. Miller, David H. Geller, and Mitchell Rosen -- Androgens throughout the life of women / C. Richard Parker, Jr. -- Physiological effects of androgens in women / T. Keta Hodgson and Glenn D. Braunstein -- Androgen measurements: methods, interpretation, and limitations / Frank Z. Stanczyk -- Androgen-secreting adrenal and ovarian neoplasms / Michel Pugeat ... [et al.] -- Cushing's syndrome, acromegaly, and androgen excess / Anne-Céline Reyss and Didier Dewailly -- The nonclassic adrenal hyperplasias / Didier Dewailly and Ricardo Azziz -- Pregnancy-related androgen excess / Howard D. McClamrock -- Drug-induced hyperandrogenism / Barbara Neraud and Didier Dewailly -- Severe insulin-resistant hyperandrogenic syndromes / David E. Moller, Antonio Vidal-Puig, and Ricardo Azziz -- Idiopathic hirutism / Enrico Carmina -- Definition and epidemiology of the polycystic ovary syndrome / Ricardo Azziz -- Clinical features of the polycystic ovary syndrome / Walter Futterweit, Evanthia Diamanti-Kandarakis, and Ricardo Azziz -- Biochemical features of the polycystic ovary syndrome / Adam H. Balen -- Ovarian histology, morphology, and ultrasonography in the polycystic ovary syndrome / Sophie Jonard ... [et al.] -- Hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadtrophic dysfunction in the polycystic ovary syndrome / R. Jeffrey Chang and Rinku V. Mehta -- Ovarian steroidogenic abnormalities in the polycystic ovary syndrome / Denis A. Magoffin -- Hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal dysfunction in the polycystic ovary syndrome / Bulent O. Yildiz, Enrico Carmina, and Ricardo Azziz -- The genetic basis of the polycystic ovary syndrome / Mark O. Goodarzi -- Pediatric hyperandrogenism and the polycystic ovary syndrome in adolescence / Kathleen M. Hoeger -- Environmental factors in the polycystic ovary syndrome / Marie-France Hivert and Jean-Patrice Baillargeon -- Animal models and fetal programming of the polycystic ovary syndrome / David H. Abbott ... [et al.] -- Insulin resistance and hyperinsulinism in the polycystic ovary syndrome / Paulina A. Essah and John E. Nestler -- The endocrine impact of obesity and body habitus in the polycystic ovary syndrome / Renato Pasquali and Alessandra Gambineri -- Molecular mechanisms of insulin resistance in the polycystic ovary syndrome / Theodore P. Ciaraldi -- Menstrual dysfunction and endometrial neoplasia in the polycystic ovary syndrome / Abdulkadir Wagley and Paul Hardiman -- Beta-cell dysfunction, glucose intolerance, and diabetes in the polycystic ovary syndrome / David A. Ehrmann -- Hypertension and cardiovascular and lipoprotein abnormalities in the polycystic ovary syndrome / Francesco Orio and Stefano Palomba -- Reproductive and obstetrical consequences of the polycystic ovary syndrome / Mary C. Johnson and Richard S. Legro -- Psychosocial and quality-of-life consequences of androgen excess and the polycystic ovary syndrome / Onno E. Janssen, Susanne Hahn, and Sigrid Elsenbruch -- Overview of long-term morbidity and economic cost of the polycystic ovary syndrome / Ricardo Azziz -- Clinical and hormonal evaluation of androgen excess / Ricardo Azziz -- Ovarian suppression and treatment of hirsutism / Paolo Moghetti -- Polycystic ovary syndrome and ovulation induction / Bulent O. Yildiz and Ricardo Azziz -- In vitro fertilization for the polycystic ovary syndrome / Hanadi Ba-Akdah ... [et al.] -- Surgical management of the polycystic ovary syndrome / Adam H. Balen -- Use of insulin sensitizers in the polycystic ovary syndrome / Kai I. Cheang and John E. Nestler -- Weight reduction and lifestyle modification in the treatment of androgen excess / Manny Noakes ... [et al.].Also available: Print – 2006
- 2016 SpringerEadie, Mervyn J.; Vajda, F. J. E.1. Introduction -- 2. Antipileptic drugs and becoming pregnant -- 3. Antiepileptic drug disposition in pregnancy -- 4. The older antiepileptic drugs -- 5. Commonly used newer antiepileptic drugs -- 6. Antiepileptic drugs sometimes used in pregnancy -- 7. Antiepileptic drugs, epileptic seizures and the foetus -- 8. Antiepileptic drugs and foetal malformations: a possible class effect -- 9. Particular antiepileptic drugs and foetal malformations -- 10. Antiepileptic drugs, cognition and neurodevelopment -- 11. Antiepileptic drug therapy: management issues and pregnancy -- 12. Antiepileptic drugs and pregnancy: the future -- Appendix -- Index.
- 2008 SpringerFurr, B. J. A.
- 2006 SpringerJatoi, Ismail; Kaufmann, M.; Petit, Jean Y.
- 2015 SpringerKigawa, Junzo; Kaku, Tsunehisa; Silverberg, Steven G.; Sugiyama, Toru.Clear cell carcinoma (CCC) of the ovary with its unique clinical and biological features has attracted great attention, and calls for the publication of a specialized book on the subject. This is the first atlas that has narrowed its focus to CCC. Revealed here are the typical and variable histological features of CCC and related tumors. Hundreds of high-quality photographs help the reader to recognize the pathological features and clinical manifestations of CCC and to formulate diagnoses confidently and accurately. Data are based on the international central pathological review of the JGOG/GCIG3017 clinical trial in which experts around the world participated. Using a virtual slide system, interesting and significant features of CCC were discovered in the review of 652 cases. This book provides the newest information on the categorization and classification of CCC: growth patterns (papillary, tubocystic, solid, and adenofibromatous), cell types (classical hobnail and clear cell, eosinophilic, oxyphilic, and oncocytic), stromal changes (hyalinized, necrotic, hemorrhagic, lymphocytic infiltrative, luteinized, and psammomatous calcification), presence of endometriosis and atypical endometriosis, and borderline/atypical proliferative tumors. The Atlas of Clear Cell Carcinoma of the Ovary is an invaluable diagnostic resource for pathologists and gynecologic oncologists.
- 2010 SpringerDallenbach-Hellweg, G.; Dallenbach, Friederike; Schmidt, D.Technical Remarks -- Normal Endometrium -- Metaplastic Changes -- Circulatory Disturbances -- Functional Disturbances -- Iatrogenic Changes -- Endometritis -- Neoplasms -- Gestational Changes.
- 2014 SpringerAkin, Oguz.This book provides a comprehensive visual review of pathologic disease variations of the five main types of gynecologic cancers: ovarian, endometrial, cervical, vaginal, and vulvar. Through the use of cross-sectional imaging modalities, including computed tomography, magnetic resonance imaging, ultrasound, and positron emission tomography, it depicts normal anatomy as well as common gynecological tumors. For each type of cancer, aspects such as primary staging, recurrence patterns, and findings from different yet complementary imaging modalities are explored. Atlas of Gynecologic Oncology Imaging presents a coherent perspective of the roles of standard and cutting-edge imaging techniques in gynecologic oncology via a multidisciplinary approach to cancer care. Featuring over 600 images, this book is a valuable resource for diagnostic radiologists, radiation oncologists, and gynecologists.
- 2014 ClinicalKeyClement, Philip B.; Young, Robert H.Rapidly and accurately identify gynecologic tumors and related lesions with the updated Atlas of Gynecologic Surgical Pathology. Complete with hundreds of photographs, this medical reference book provides you with the know-how you need to perform state-of-the-art gynecologic diagnoses, right at your own microscope. Quickly and effortlessly find the essential information you need with summary tables, charts, and boxes throughout the text. Expedite reference with a consistent approach to every entity discussed, including definitions, clinical features, gross features, microscopic features, and differential diagnoses. Avoid diagnostic errors with comprehensive coverage of commonly encountered pitfalls.
- 2016 ClinicalKeyBaggish, Michael S.; Karram, Mickey M.
- 2008 SpringerDietz, Hans Peter; Hoyte, Lennox P. John; Steensma, Anneke B.
- 2010 SpringerRizzoli, René.
- 2014 SpringerEscobar, Pedro F.; Falcone, Tommaso.Minimally invasive surgery has become the standard treatment for many diseases and conditions. In the last decade, numerous studies have demonstrated that laparoscopic approaches have improved patients quality of life if compared with standard open procedures. Atlas of Single-Port, Laparoscopic, and Robotic Surgery serves as a guide in single-port, standard laparoscopy, and robotic surgery and shows how novel techniques, such as single-port laparoscopy and robotics, have recently evolved. The atlas illustrates the unique challenges that the new single-port surgery modality presents, including instruments crowding and articulation, and the advanced laparoscopic skills required to perform these procedures, such as the ability to move and control a flexible camera. It also illustrates how to efficiently and safely utilize the robot to perform most gynecologic procedures. This exceptional resource provides students, residents, fellows, operating room personnel, and practicing gynecologic surgeons with invaluable information about instrumentation, surgical technique, port systems, and the current research and development in robotics.
- 2008 SpringerDel Priore, Giuseppe; Healy, Jeremiah; Smith, J. Richard.
- 2015 SpringerLang, Jinghe; Wong, Felix; Zhu, Lan.Abnormal development of female genital tract -- The diagnosis of female reproductive tract anomalies -- Abnormal development of external genitalia -- Abnormal Development of Vagina -- Abnormal uterine development.
- 2010 ClinicalKeyFalcone, Tommaso; Goldberg, Jeffrey M.Abdominal wall and pelvic anatomy for laparoscopists / Tommaso Falcone, Richard L. Drake, and William W. Hurd -- Indications and contraindications for laparoscopy / Jeffrey M. Goldberg -- Trocar insertion : choosing the appropriate position and techniques for placement / Minita S. Patel and Paul Tulikangas -- Instrumentation and energy sources utilized during laparoscopic procedures / Jeffrey M. Goldberg and Andrew Brill -- Techniques for laparoscopic suturing / Kevin J. Stepp and Sarah Kane -- Laparoscopic management of adnexal masses / Richard D. Drake and Tommaso Falcone -- Indications and techniques for laparoscopic myomectomy / Devorah Wieder, Jeffrey M. Goldberg, and Tommaso Falcone -- Indications and techniques for total and subtotal laparoscopic hysterectomy / Beri Ridgeway and Tommaso Falcone -- Laparoscopic tubal surgery / Jeffrey M. Goldberg -- Laparoscopic surgery for mullerian anomalies, incompetent cervix, and ovarian transposition / Marjan Attaran, Mohamed A. Bedaiwy, and Tommaso Falcone -- Indications and techniques for laparoscopic management of pelvic endometriosis / Amy J. Park, Jeffrey M. Goldberg, and Tommaso Falcone -- Laparoscopic treatment of pelvic pain / Jeffrey M. Goldberg -- Robotic surgery / Gouri B. Diwadkar and Tommaso Falcone -- Laparoscopic and robotic advances in gynecologic malignancies / Amanda Nickles Fader ... [et al.] -- Complications of laparoscopic surgery / Jeffrey M. Goldberg, Chi Chiung Grace Chen, and Tommaso Falcone.
- 2012 OvidBerek, Jonathan S.; Novak, Emil."Berek and Novak's Gynecology is the gold standard text in general gynecology serving both as a comprehensive reference and a practical, clinically-oriented text. This reference is not only a must-have product for residents in training, but it offers information for the practicing physician. The book covers the entire spectrum of women's healthcare by offering guidance for the management of specific gynecologic conditions in eight sections. The first two sections cover principles of practice and initial assessment and the relevant basic science. The third section is on preventive and primary care for women, and the remaining five sections are directed at methods of diagnosis and management in general gynecology, operative general gynecology, urogynecology and pelvic reconstructive surgery, reproductive endocrinology, and gynecologic oncology"--Provided by publisher.
- 2007 OvidBerek, Jonathan S.; Novak, Emil.Also available: Print – 2007
- Bethesda system for reporting cervical cytology : definitions, criteria, and explanatory notes. Third edition [3rd ed.].2015 SpringerNayar, Ritu; Wilbur, David C.This book offers clear, up-to-date guidance on how to report cytologic findings in cervical, vaginal and anal samples in accordance with the 2014 Bethesda System Update. The new edition has been expanded and revised to take into account the advances and experience of the past decade. A new chapter has been added, the terminology and text have been updated, and various terminological and morphologic questions have been clarified. In addition, new images are included that reflect the experience gained with liquid-based cytology since the publication of the last edition in 2004. Among more than 300 images, some represent classic examples of an entity while others illustrate interpretative dilemmas, borderline cytomorphologic features or mimics of epithelial abnormalities. The Bethesda System for Reporting Cervical Cytology, with its user-friendly format, is a must have for pathologists, cytopathologists, pathology residents, cytotechnologists, and clinicians.
- v. 3, 2013 SpringerCarrell, Douglas T.; Fauser, Bart C. J. M.; Racowsky, Catherine; Schlegel, Peter N.Part I: Male Infertility -- 1. Supplements to Enhance Male Fertility / Peter N. Schlegel -- 2. Poor Quality Ejaculate Sperm: Do the Data Support the Use of Testis Sperm? / Robert D. Oates -- 3. The Aging Male and Impact on Offspring / Timothy G. Jenkins, Kenneth I. Aston, and Douglas T. Carrell -- 4. Testosterone Replacement Therapy in Men: Effects on Fertility and Health / Peter T.K. Chan -- Part II: Female Infertility -- 5. A Practical Approach to Recent Advancesin Ovarian Reserve Testing / Benjamin Leader and Valerie L. Baker -- 6. Maternal Age and Oocyte Aneuploidy: Lessons Learned from Trisomy 21 / Stephanie L. Sherman, Emily G. Allen, and Lora J.H. Bean1 -- 7. Fertility Preservation for Cancer Patients / Suneeta Senapati and Clarisa R. Gracia -- 8. Reproductive Surgery and Computer-Assisted Laparoscopy: The New Age of Subspecialty Surgery Is Here / Shane T. Lipskind and Antonio R. Gargiulo -- Part III: Assisted Reproduction Techniques -- 9. Advances in Systems for Embryo Culture / Roberta Maggiulli, Lisa Dovere, Filippo Ubaldi and Laura Rienzi -- 10. Patient-Tailored Approaches to Ovarian Stimulation in ART / Theodora C. van Tilborg, Frank J.M. Broekmans, Helen L. Torrance and Bart C. Fauser -- 11. Cryopreserved Oocyte Banking: Its Prospects and Promise / Kathryn J. Go, Zsolt Peter Nagy, and Ching-Chien Chang -- 12. Reproductive Tourism / Raphael Ron-El -- Part IV: Evolving Controversies in Contemporary Reproductive Medicine -- 13. Intrauterine Insemination: An Ineffective Treatment / Erica B. Johnstone and Jessie Dorais -- 14. IUI Is a Valuable and Cost-Effective Therapy for Most Couples / Lobke M. Moolenaar, Bradley J. Van Voorhis and Fulco van der Veens -- 15. Vitrification of Human Oocytes and Embryos: An Overview / Juergen Liebermann -- 16. Should We Eliminate Fresh Embryo Transfer from ART? / Daniel J. Kaser, Maria Assens, and Catherine Racowsky -- 17. ICSI Is a Revolutionary Treatment of Male Infertility That Should Be Employed Discriminately and Further Studied / Douglas T. Carrell -- 18. The Need for Long-Term Follow-Up of Children Conceived Through ICSI / Rachel Weinerman, Kurt T. Barnhart, and Suleena Kansal Kalra -- 19. Popularity of ICSI / Gianpiero D. Palermo, Queenie V. Neri, Trina Fields and Zev Rosenwaks -- Part V: Clinical Research Design -- Cohort Designs: Critical Considerations for Reproductive Health.
- Biologie und Epidemiologie der Hormonersatztherapie : Diskussionen zur postmenopausalen Gesundheit = Biology and epidemiology of hormone replacement therapy : discussions on post-menopausal health2006 SpringerLewis, M. A.Introduction to the presentations / M.A. Lewis -- Zwischen Biologie und Kultur-das HRT-Dilemma: women between biology and civilization / A. Teichmann -- Probleme des Verantwortungsbegriffs im Spannungsfeld von Pharmaforschung and ärztlichem Handeln: issues with the term "responsibility" / H. Poser -- Epidemiology of selected diseases in women / L. Heinemann -- Pathogenesis of histological types of endometrial cancer / L.-C. Horn -- HRT und Karzinome des Ovars und Kolon: pathology of the colon and ovary / M. Dietel -- The progenitor cell concept of proliferative breast disease / W. Böcker -- Indication for HRT: climacteric complaints and osteoporosis / H.P.G. Schneider -- Hormonersatztherapie und kardiovaskuläre Erkrankungen: HRT and cardiovascular disease in women / E. Windler -- The million women study / O. Lidegaard -- Paradigm shift in causal thinking in epidemiology / S. Shapiro -- Rezeption und Kommunikation von Risiken: perception and communication of risk / K. Heilmann -- Some thoughts after the Kloster Andechs Workshop, August 2003 / U. Karck -- Menopause and the HRT risk-benefit equation: status and outlook -- Workshop consensus: the state of the evidence.
- Biomarkers in breast cancer : molecular diagnostics for predicting and monitoring therapeutic effect2006 SpringerGasparini, Giampietro; Hayes, Daniel.Guidelines for the design of clinical studies for the development and validation of therapeutically relevant biomarkers and biomarker-based classification systems / Richard M. Simon -- Analytical aspects of biomarker immunoassays in cancer research / C. G. J. (Fred) Sweep, Chris M. G. Thomas and Manfred Schmitt -- Tissue microarrays: state-of-the-art, pitfalls, and promises / Chungyeul Kim and Soonmyung Paik -- Gene expression profiling with DNA microarrays / Michele De Bortoli and Nicoletta Biglia -- Assays for gene amplification / Chungyeul Kim, Yongkuk Song, and Soonmyung Paik -- Cell kinetics / Maria Grazia Daidone, Rosella Silvestrini, and Dino Amadori -- Urokinase-type plasminogen activator and PAI-1 / Michael J. Duffy -- Predictive value of c-erbb-2 for endocrine therapy and chemotherapy in breast cancer / Vered Stearns -- Erb-b-2 as a therapeutic target / Robert Mass -- The epidermal growth factor receptor pathway as a selective -- Molecular-targeting treatment in human breast cancer / Fortunato Ciardiello, Teresa Troiani, and Giampaolo Tortora -- P-53 as a prognostic and predictive indicator / Daniela Kandioler and Raimund Jakesz -- Occult metastatic cells in breast cancer patients / Stephan Braun, Julia Seeber, and Christian Marth -- Circulating HER-2/neu / Allan Lipton ... [et al.] -- Circulating vascular endothelial growth factor / Roberta Sarmiento ... [et al] -- Detection of early tumor dissemination in patients with breast cancer / Debra Hawes and Richard J. Cote -- New technologies/new markers/new challenges / Daniel F. Hayes and Giampietro Gasparini -- Index.
- 2013 SpringerBouchelouche, Pierre; Cervigni, Mauro; Fall, Magnus; Nordling, Jørgen; Van de Merwe, Joop P.; Wyndaele, Jean-Jacques.Historical Perspective / Philip M. Hanno M.D., M.P.H. -- Epidemiology / Mirja Ruutu M.D., Ph.D., F.E.B.U., Mikael Leppilahti MD, PhD -- Diagnostic Criteria, Classification and Nomenclature for Bladder Pain Syndrome / Joop P. van de Merwe MD, PhD, Jørgen Nordling MD, Dr.med.Sci, FEBU -- Part I: Pathophysiology -- Clinical Pathophysiology and Molecular Biology of the Urothelium and the GAG Layer / Gianfranco Tajana, Mauro Cervigni -- Mast Cell and Bladder Pain Syndrome / Kirsten Bouchelouche M.D., D.M.Sc., Pierre Bouchelouche M.D. -- Neurophysiology of Pelvic Pain Mechanisms / Jean-Jacques Wyndaele M.D., D.Sci., Ph.D., Silvia Malaguti M.D. -- Syndromes Associated with Bladder Pain Syndrome as Clues to its Pathogenesis / John W. Warren M.D., Joop P. van de Merwe M.D., Ph.D. -- Part II: Clinical Presentations -- Bladder Pain Syndrome: Clinical Presentation / John Hughes M.B.B.S., F.R.C.A., F.F.P.M.R.C.A. -- Pelvic Floor Dysfunction in Bladder Pain Syndrome / Mauro Cervigni M.D., Franca Natale M.D. -- Psychosocial Risk Factors and Patient Outcomes for Bladder Pain Syndrome / Dean A. Tripp Ph.D., J. Curtis Nickel M.D., F.R.C.S.C. -- Bladder Pain Syndrome and Sexuality / Jennifer Yonaitis Fariello M.S.N., C.R.N.P., Kristene E. Whitmore M.D. -- Part III: Diagnosis -- Symptoms of Bladder Pain Syndrome / John W. Warren M.D., Philip M. Hanno M.D., M.P.H. -- Clinical Evaluation and Diagnosis of Bladder Pain Syndrome / Jennifer Yonaitis Fariello M.S.N., C.R.N.P., Kristene E. Whitmore M.D. -- Urine Biomarkers and Bladder Pain Syndrome / Pierre Bouchelouche M.D., Kirsten Bouchelouche M.D., DMSc. -- Cystoscopy and Hydrodistension in the Diagnosis of Bladder Pain Syndrome / Andrey Zaytsev M.D., Ph.D., Magnus Fall M.D., Ph.D. -- Biopsy Retrieval, Tissue Handling, Morphology, and Histopathological Characteristics / Christina Kåbjörn-Gustafsson, Ralph Peeker -- Urodynamics in BPS / Paul P. Irwin M.Ch., F.R.C.S.I(Urol), Claus Riedl M.D. -- Complementary and Alternative Medical Treatments of Bladder Pain Syndrome / Z. Chad Baxter M.D., Helen R. Levey D.O., M.P.H. -- Diet and Its Role in Bladder Pain Syndrome and Comorbid Conditions / Justin I. Friedlander, Barbara Shorter, Robert M. Moldwin -- Physiotherapy / Amy Rejba Hoffmann M.S.N., Hina M. Sheth M.S., P.T., O.C.S., M.T.C. -- Oral Therapy for Bladder Pain Syndrome Directed at the Bladder / Philip M. Hanno M.D., M.P.H. -- Pain Treatment in Bladder Pain Syndrome / John Hughes M.B.B.S., F.R.C.A., F.F.P.M.R.C.A., Salma Mohammed M.B.B.S., F.R.C.A. -- Intravesical Therapy / Mauro Cervigni M.D., Arndt van Ophoven M.D., Ph.D. -- Hydrodistention, Transurethral Resection and Other Ablative Techniques in the Treatment of Bladder Pain Syndrome / Magnus Fall M.D., Ph.D., Jørgen Nordling M.D., Dr. Med. Sci., F.E.B.U., Ralph Peeker -- Botulinum Toxin Treatment in Bladder Pain Syndrome / Paul P. Irwin M.Ch., F.R.C.S.I. (Urol), Paulo Dinis Oliveria M.D., Ph.D. -- Neurostimulation for Bladder Pain Syndrome / Dominique El-Khawand M.D., Kristene E. Whitmore -- Bladder Augmentation, Urinary Diversion and Cystectomy in Patients with Bladder Pain Syndrome / Jørgen Nordling, Magnus Fall, Ralph Peeker -- Part V: Patient Perspective -- A Patient Perspective / Jane M. Meijlink BA Hons -- Exploratory Research on the Social Costs and Care for Patients with Bladder Pain Syndrome / Loredana Nasta, Simone Montagnoli, Maria Avolio.
- 2011 SpringerBlaustein, Ancel; Ellenson, Lora Hedrick; Kurman, Robert J.; Ronnett, Brigitte M.Also available: Print – 2011
- 2011 SpringerSheiner, Eyal.Clinical Approach to Pregnancy-Related Bleeding -- Early Pregnancy Loss -- Ectopic Pregnancy -- Vaginal Bleeding and Gestational Trophoblastic Disease -- Gynecological Cancer During Pregnancy -- Vaginal Bleeding and Preterm Delivery -- Placental Abruption -- Placenta Previa and Placenta Accreta -- Vasa Previa -- Uterine Rupture -- Postpartum Hemorrhage -- Coagulopathy and Pregnancy -- Anesthesia and Intensive Care Management of Bleeding During Pregnancy.
- 2013 SpringerShetty, Mahesh K.Burden of Breast and Gynecological Cancers in Low-Resource Countries -- Breast Cancer: Pathology, Cytology, and Core Needle Biopsy Methods for Diagnosis -- Gynecological Cancers: Pathology and Cytological Methods for Diagnosis of Gynecological Cancers -- Screening and Early Diagnosis of Breast Cancer: Proven Methodology and an Optimized Strategy for Developing Countries -- HPV and Cervical Cancer -- Screening for Cervical Cancer in Low-Resource Countries -- Ovarian Cancer Screening and Early Detection in Low- and Middle-Income Countries -- Endometrial Cancer: Risk Factors and Early Diagnosis in Low-Resource Countries -- Breast and Gynecologic Cancer Prevention in Low-Resource Countries -- Combined Screening for Breast and Gynecological Cancers Using Mobile Clinics: The Barretos Experience (Brazil) -- Cost-Effectiveness of Screening for and Early Diagnosis of Breast and Gynecological Cancers in Low-Income Countries -- Challenges for Breast and Gynecological Cancer Control by Early Detection in Less-Developed Countries -- Funding for Global Healthcare Intervention: Initiatives Aimed at Controlling Cancer in Women in Low-Resource Countries -- Coordinated Training on Early Detection and Diagnosis of Breast Cancer Across Different Levels of Health Workers: An Example from Peru -- Telemedicine in Cancer Control Programs in Developing Countries -- Breast Cancer Screening and Cervical Cancer Prevention in Developing Countries: Strategies for the Future -- Well Woman Clinic Concept: An Integrated Approach for Screening and Early Diagnosis of Breast and Gynecological Cancers in Developing Countries.
- 2011 SpringerKahán, Zsuzsanna; Tot, Tibor.The volume raises attention to the need of a completely new approach to breast cancer based on the knowledge collected on early breast cancer in the past two decades. The chapters are contributed by experts of all the fields participating in the clinical research and care of breast cancer. The practical importance of such a book is underlined by the increasing number of breast cancer cases, and also the increasing proportion of early stage-cases. The ultimate goal of the book is to point to the heterogeneous nature of the disease which is more striking and has more importance in care at the very early stages than at the more advanced stages. The book recommends the utilisation of all the information provided by multimodality imaging and special pathological methods, a new classification system and therapeutic guidelines since early breast cancers should not be treated based on experience obtained with palpable tumors. No similar book has been yet released to the market. The book is written for all the members of the team participating in the diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer (radiologists, pathologists, surgeons, clinical and radiation oncologists), but may be useful for medical students and residents too. The chapters are illustrated with didactic pictures, and special emphasis is given to provide a peep into the practice of the special procedures for the careful examination and individualized therapy of each case.
- 2011 SpringerTot, Tibor.The theory of the sick lobe states that breast carcinoma is a lobar disease developing most often within a single lobe, meaning that, at an early stage, breast carcinoma occupies a limited, anatomically well-defined portion of the breast. This theory unites observed patterns from the genetic, developmental and morphological perspectives, into an overall concept. "Breast Cancer: A Lobar Disease," presents this hypothesis and its consequences. The body of evidence, pro and contra, generated in recent years will be presented in this volume. The chapters, all authored by leading experts.
- 2015 SpringerBiglia, Nicoletta; Peccatori, Fedro.Epidemiology.- Managing breast cancer in young women -- Impact of breast cancer treatment on fertility.- Fertility preservation and ART -- Breast cancer during pregnancy.- Pregnancy after breast cancer -- Reproductive issues in BRCA mutation carriers.
- 2010 SpringerDaly, Mary B.; Sauter, Edward R.Part I. Prevention -- Risk Factors / Polly A. Newcomb and Karen J. Wernli -- Lifestyle Factors and Risk of Breast Cancer: A Review of Randomized Trial Findings / Garnet L. Anderson -- Breast Cancer Chemoprevention / Mary B. Daly -- Surgical Management of Inherited Susceptibility to Breast Cancer / Francis Freisinger and Susan M. Domchek -- Part II. Early Detection -- Clinical Breast Examination and Breast Self-Examination / William H. Goodson -- Mammography / Barbara C. Cavanaugh and Sorcha McNally -- Current Status and Future Prospects in Breast Carcinoma of Positron Emission Tomography / Sandip Basu, Joshua I. Rosenbaum and Abass Alavi -- Breast MRI / Barbara C. Cavanaugh and Sorcha McNally -- Genetic and Molecular Approaches to Imaging Breast Cancer / Eric Wickstrom and Mathew L. Thakur -- Intraductal Approaches: Nipple Aspirate Fluid to Assist in Breast Cancer Detection / Edward R. Sauter -- Intraductal Approaches: Mammary Ductoscopy and Ductal Lavage to Assist in the Diagnosis of Breast Cancer / William C. Dooley -- Blood Markers / Mark W. Duncan -- Circulating Tumor Cells in Breast Cancer / Michail Ignatiadis and Dimitris Mavroudis.
- 2015 SpringerShetty, Mahesh K.This book presents the current trends and practices in breast imaging. Topics include mammographic interpretation; breast ultrasound; breast MRI; management of the symptomatic breast in young, pregnant, and lactating women; breast intervention with imaging pathological correlation; the postoperative breast; and current and emerging technologies in breast imaging. It emphasizes the importance of fostering a multidisciplinary approach in the diagnosis and treatment of breast diseases. Featuring more than 800 high-resolution images and showcasing contributions from leading authorities in the screening, diagnosis, and management of the breast cancer patient, Breast Cancer Screening and Diagnosis is a valuable resource for radiologists, oncologists, and surgeons. Mahesh K. Shetty is a Clinical Professor of Radiology at Baylor College of Medicine and the chief physician at the Woman?s Center for Breast Care & MRI at The Woman?s Hospital of Texas.
- 2005 SpringerLiberman, Laura; Morris, Elizabeth.
- 2013 SpringerSencha, A. N.; Evseeva, Elena V.; Mogutov, Mikhail S.; Patrunov, Yury N.Diagnosis of breast cancer: modern aspects -- Technique of breast ultrasound -- Ultrasound of the normal breast -- Ultrasound diagnosis of breast cancer -- Classification of breast masses -- Ultrasound features of different types of breast cancer -- Differential diagnosis of breast diseases -- Age-related changes in breast structure: breast ultrasound in children and adolescents -- Breast pathology in men -- Ultrasound examination of regional lymph nodes -- Ultrasound examination after breast surgery -- Recurrent breast cancer.
- 2008 SpringerPavlidis, Nicholas; Peccatori, Fedro; Surbone, Antonella.
- 2014 SpringerAnthony, John; Sliwa, Karen.In the western world, the risk of cardiovascular disease in pregnancy has grown due to the increasing age at the first pregnancy and the worldwide obesity epidemic leading to early diabetes and hypertension. As a result more women are requiring drug therapy during pregnancy and some data has shown an altered pharmacodynamic profile in pregnant women when compared to the non-pregnant population. Cardiac Drugs in Pregnancy presents up-to-date research for the treatment of cardiovascular disease during pregnancy, and discusses the most important indications of drug usage in pregnancy and postpartum. The book aims to assess the potential risk of drugs and their possible benefit against each other, making it an essential read for a wide range of health professionals involved in cardiac drug therapy in pregnancy.
- 2013 SpringerZabransky, Siegfried.Care for Children Born Small for Gestational Age is a comprehensive handbook that serves to synthesize the extensive recent literature in the area to provide a practical resource aimed at a wide range of healthcare professionals, including obstetricians, midwives, neonatologists, and primary care physicians. This comprehensive handbook includes an in-depth survey of the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and long-term monitoring of children born small for gestational age, as well as related conditions such as intrauterine growth restriction, metabolic syndrome and type 2 diabetes. Additionally, the short and long-term psychiatric and social consequences of this condition are addressed.
- 2014 SpringerMcCluggage, W. Glenn; Smith, J. H. F.; Tidy, J. A.This book provides a comprehensive account of the cellular pathology of glandular lesions and uncommon neoplasms of the cervix and places these in a contemporary clinical context. The book features comprehensive, detailed descriptions and a consistent approach to each tumor or tumor-like condition with clear color illustrations. Cytological/histological correlation is emphasised and diagnostic pitfalls are highlighted. Cellular Pathology of Glandular Lesions and Uncommon Neoplasms of the Cervix is aimed at both trainee and consultant pathologists.
- 2015 Springer ProtocolsKeppler, Daniel; Lin, Athena W.Evolution and classification of oncogenic human papillomavirus types and variants associated with cervical cancer / Zigui Chen, Luciana Bueno de Freitas, and Robert D. Burk -- Real-time PCR approach based on SPF10 primers and the INNO-LiPA HPV genotyping extra assay for the detection and typing of human papillomavirus / M. Isabel Micalessi, Gaëlle A. Boulet, and Johannes Bogers -- Replication of human papillomavirus in culture / Eric J. Ryndock, Jennifer Biryukov, and Craig Meyers -- HPV binding assay to laminin-332/integrin [alpha]6[beta]4 on human keratinocytes / Sarah A. Brendle and Neil D. Christensen -- Methods to assess the nucleocytoplasmic shuttling of the HPV E1 helicase and its effects on cellular proliferation and induction of a DNA damage response / Michaël Lehoux, Amélie Fradet-Turcotte, and Jacques Archambault -- Genetic methods for studying the role of viral oncogenes in the HPV life cycle / Jason M. Bodily -- Robust HPV-18 production in organotypic cultures of primary human keratinocytes / Hsu-Kun Wang, Thomas R. Broker, and Louise T. Chow -- High-throughput cellular assay to quantify the p53- degradation activity of E6 from different human papillomavirus types / David Gagnon and Jacques Archambault -- Retroviral expression of human cystatin genes in HeLa cells / Crystal M. Diep, Gagandeep Kaur, Daniel Keppler, and Athena W. Lin -- Molecular analysis of human papillomavirus virus-like particle activated langerhans cells in vitro / Andrew W. Woodham, Adam W. Woodham, Adam B. Raff, Diane M. Da Silva, and W. Martin Kast -- Selective silencing of gene target expression by siRNA expression plasmids in human cervical cancer cells / Oscar Peralta-Zaragoza [and eleven others] -- Silencing of E6/E7 expression in cervical cancer stem- like cells / Wenyi Gu, Nigel McMillan, and Chengzhong Yu -- Two-step procedure for evaluating experimentally induced DNA damage : texas red and comet assays / Gina J. Ferris, Lauren B. Shunkwiler, and Charles A. Kunos -- Measurement of deubiquitinating enzyme Activity via a suicidal HA-Ub-VS probe / Colleen Rivard and Martina Bazzaro -- Immunocytochemical analysis of the cervical pap smear / Terry K. Morgan and Michelle Berlin -- Diagnosis of HPV-negative, gastric-type adenocarcinoma of the endocervix / Edyta C. Pirog -- Targeting of the HPV-16 E7 protein by RNA aptamers / Julia Dolores Toscano-Garibay, María Luisa Benítez-Hess, and Luis Marat Alvarez-Salas -- Use of MYBL2 as a novel candidate biomarker of cervical cancer / Cara M. Martin [and others] -- Fixation methods for the preservation of morphology, RNAs, and proteins in paraffin-Embedded human cervical cancer cell xenografts in mice / Yoko Matsuda and Toshiyuki Ishiwata -- Assessment of the HPV DNA methylation status in cervical lesions / Mina Kalantari and Hans-Ulrich Bernard -- MeDIP-on-chip for methylation profiling / Yaw-Wen Hsu, Rui-Lan Huang, and Hung-Cheng Lai -- Use of DBD-FISH for the study of cervical cancer progression / Elva I. Cortés-Gutiérrez [and four others] -- Quantitative and high-throughput assay of human papillomavirus DNA replication / David Gagnon, Amélie Fradet-Turcotte, and Jacques Archambault -- Native human papillomavirus production, quantification, and infectivity analysis / Jennifer Biryukov, Linda Cruz, Eric J. Ryndock, and Craig Meyers -- Functional analysis of HPV-like particle-activated langerhans cells in vitro / Lisa Yan, Andrew W. Woodham, Diane M. Da Silva, and W. Martin Kast -- Assessment of the radiation sensitivity of cervical cancer cell lines / Mayil Vahanan Bose and Thangarajan Rajkumar -- Mouse model of cervicovaginal papillomavirus infection / Nicolas Çuburu, Rebecca J. Cevio, Cynthia D. Thompson, and Patricia M. Day -- Establishment of orthotopic primary cervix cancer xenografts / Naz Chaudary, Karolina Jaluba, Melania Pintilie, and Richard P. Hill -- Generation of K14-E7/[delta]N87[beta] cat double transgenic mice as a model of cervical cancer / Gülay Bulut and Aykut Üren.
- 2015 ClinicalKeyChesley, Leon C.; Cunningham, F. Gary; Lindheimer, Marshall D.; Roberts, James M.; Taylor, Robert N.Introduction, history, controversies, and definitions / Marshall D. Lindheimer, Robert N. Taylor, James M. Roberts, F. Gary Cunningham and Leon Chelsey -- The clinical spectrum of preeclampsia / F. Gary Cunningham, James M. Roberts and Robert N. Taylor -- Epidemiology of pregnancy-related hypertension / Janet W. Rich-Edwards, Roberta B. Ness and James M. Roberts -- Genetic factors in the etiology of preeclampsia/eclampsia / Kenneth Ward and Robert N. Taylor -- The placenta in normal pregnancy and preeclampsia / Susan J. Fisher, Michael McMaster and James M. Roberts -- Angiogenesis and preeclampsia / S. Ananth Karumanchi, Sarosh Rana and Robert N. Taylor -- Metabolic syndrome and preeclampsia / Arun Jeyabalan, Carl A. Hubel and James M. Roberts -- Immunology of normal pregnancy and preeclampsia / Christopher W.G. Redman, Ian L. Sargent and Robert N. Taylor -- Endothelial cell dysfunction and oxidative stress / Sandra T. Davidge, Christianne J.M. de Groot and Robert N. Taylor -- Animal models for investigating pathophysiological mechanisms of preeclampsia / Joey P. Granger, Eric M. George and James M. Roberts -- Tests to predict preeclampsia / Agustin Conde-Agudelo, Roberto Romero and James M. Roberts -- Prevention of preeclampsia and eclampsia / Anne Cathrine Staff, Baha M. Sibai and F. Gary Cunningham -- Cerebrovascular pathophysiology in preeclampsia/eclampsia / Marilyn J. Cipolla, Gerda G. Zeeman and F. Gary Cunningham -- Cardiovascular alterations in normal and preeclamptic pregnancy / Judith U. Hibbard, Sanjeev G. Shroff and F. Gary Cunningham -- The renin-angiotensin system, its autoantibodies, and body fluid volume in preeclampsia / Ralf Dechend, Babette LaMarca and Robert N. Taylor -- The kidney and normal pregnancy and preeclampsia / Kirk P. Conrad, Isaac E. Stillman and Marshall D. Lindheimer -- Platelets, coagulation, and the liver / Louise C. Kenny, Keith R. McCrae and F. Gary Cunningham -- Chronic hypertension and pregnancy / Phyllis August, Arun Jeyabalan and James M. Roberts -- Antihypertensive treatment / Jason G. Umans, Edgardo J. Abalos and F. Gary Cunninghma -- Clinical management / James M. Alexander and F. Gary Cunningham.
- 2009 ScienceDirectChesley, Leon C.; Cunningham, F. Gary; Lindheimer, Marshall D.; Roberts, James M.Introduction, history, controversies, and definitions / Marshall D. Lindheimer ... [et al.] -- The clinical spectrum of preeclampsia / F. Gary Cunningham, James M. Roberts and Marshall D. Lindheimer -- Epidemiology of pregnancy-related hypertension / Roberta B. Ness and James M. Roberts -- Genetic factors in the etiology of preeclampsia/eclampsia / Kenneth Ward and Marshall D. Lindheimer -- The placenta in normal pregnancy and preeclampsia / Susan J. Fisher, Michael McMaster and James M. Roberts -- Angiogenesis and preeclampsia / S. Ananth Karumanchi, Isaac E. Stillman and Marshall D. Lindheimer -- Metabolic syndrome and preeclampsia / Carl A. Hubel and James M. Roberts -- Immunology of normal pregnancy and preeclampsia / Christopher W.G. Redman, Ian L. Sargent, and James M. Roberts -- Endothelial cell dysfunction and oxidative stress / Robert N. Taylor, Sandra T. Davidge and James M. Roberts -- Animal models / Rocco C. Venuto and Marshall D. Lindheimer -- Tests to predict preeclampsia / Agustin Conde-Agudelo, Roberto Romero and Marshall D. Lindheimer -- Prevention of preeclampsia and eclampsia / Baha M. Sibai and F. Gary Cunningham -- Cerebrovascular (patho)physiology in preeclampsia/eclampsia / Gerda G. Zeeman, Marilyn J. Cipolla and F. Gary Cunningham -- Cardiovascular alterations in normal and preeclamptic pregnancy / Judith U. Hibbard, Sanjeev G. Shroff and Marshall D. Lindheimer -- Normal and abnormal volume homeostasis / Friedrich C. Luft, Eileen D.M. Gallery and Marshall D. Lindheimer -- Agonistic autoantibody-mediated disease / Ralf Dechend, Friedrich C. Luft and Marshall D. Lindheimer -- The kidney in normal pregnancy and preeclampsia / Kirk P. Conrad, Lillian W. Gaber and Marshall D. Lindheimer -- Platelets, coagulation, and the liver / Louise Kenny, Philip N. Baker and F. Gary Cunningham -- Chronic hypertension and pregnancy / Phyllis August and Marshall D. Lindheimer -- Antihypertensive treatment / Jason G. Umans, Edgardo J. Abalos and Marshall D. Lindheimer -- Management / Kenneth J. Leveno and F. Gary Cunningham.
- 2014 ClinicalKeyChestnut, David H.From basic science to various anesthesia techniques to complications, the meticulously updated, fifth edition of Chestnut's Obstetric Anesthesia: Principles and Practice, covers all you need to know about obstetric anesthesia. An editorial team of leading authorities presents the latest on anesthesia techniques for labor and delivery and medical disorders that occur during pregnancy. New chapters and rewritten versions of key chapters cover topics such as psychiatric disorders in the pregnant patient, neurologic disorders, and critical care of obstetric patients. With online access to the full text, it is an invaluable, comprehensive reference textbook for specialists in obstetric anesthesiology and obstetricians, as well as anesthesiology and obstetric residents. This book also serves as a clear, user-friendly guide for both anesthesiologists and obstetricians who are in clinical practice. Emphasizes the treatment of the fetus and the mother as separate patients with distinct needs to ensure the application of modern principles of care. Delivers contributions from many leaders in the fields of obstetric anesthesia and maternal-fetal medicine from all over the world. Offers abundant figures, tables, and boxes that illustrate the step-by-step management of a full range of clinical scenarios. Presents key point summaries in each chapter for quick, convenient reference.
- 2011 OvidFritz, Marc A.; Speroff, Leon.Molecular biology for clinicians -- Hormone biosynthesis, metabolism, and mechanism of action -- The ovary-embryology and development -- The uterus -- Neuroendocrinology -- Regulation of the menstrual cycle -- Sperm and egg transport, fertilization, and implantation -- The endocrinology of pregnancy -- Normal and abnormal sexual development -- Normal and abnormal growth and pubertal development -- Amenorrhea -- Chronic anovulation and the polycystic ovary syndrome -- Hirsutism -- Menstrual disorders -- Abnormal uterine bleeding -- The breast -- Menopause and the perimenopausal transition -- Postmenopausal hormone therapy -- Obesity -- Reproduction and the thyroid -- Family planning, sterilization, and abortion -- Oral contraception -- Vaginal and transdermal estrogen-progestin contraception -- Long-acting methods of contraception -- Intrauterine contraception -- Barrier methods of contraception and withdrawal -- Female infertility -- Recurrent early pregnancy loss -- Endometriosis -- Male infertility -- Induction of ovulation -- Assisted reproductive technologies -- Ectopic pregnancy -- Appendix-I: Interpreting epidemiologic reports -- Appendix-II: Selected laboratory values and the international system of units (SI Units).
- 2012 ScienceDirect2012 ClinicalKeyCreasman, William T.; DiSaia, Philip J.; Mannel, Robert S.; McMeekin, D. Scott; Mutch, David G.Preinvasive disease of the cervix / William T. Creasman -- Preinvasive disease of the vagina and vulva and related disorders / Joan L. Walker and Cara A. Mathews -- Invasive cervical cancer / Krishnansu S. Tewari and Bradley J. Monk -- Endometrial hyperplasia, estrogen therapy, and the prevention of endometrial cancer / Lisa M. Landrum, Rosemary E. Zuna, and Joan L. Walker -- Adenocarcinoma of the uterine corpus / William T. Creasman and David Scott Miller -- Sarcoma of the uterus / D. Scott McMeekin -- Gestational trophoblastic disease / Emily M. Ko and John T. Soper -- Invasive cancer of the vulva / Jeanne M. Schilder and Frederick B. Stehman -- Invasive cancer of the vagina / Brian M. Slomovitz and Robert L. Coleman -- The adnexal mass / D. Scott McMeekin, Robert Mannel, and Philip J. Disaia -- Epithelial ovarian cancer / Eric L. Eisenhauer, Ritu Salani, and Larry J. Copeland -- Germ cell, stromal, and other ovarian tumors / Michael A. Bidus, John C. Elkas, and G. Scott Rose -- Fallopian tube cancer / Michael A. Bidus, G. Larry Maxwell, and G. Scott Rose -- Breast diseases / Mary L. Gemignani -- Cancer in pregnancy / Krishnansu S. Tewari -- Complications of disease and therapy / Daniel L. Clarke-Pearson -- Basic principles of chemotherapy / Christina S. Chu and Stephen C. Rubin -- Targeted therapy and molecular genetics / Shannon N. Westin, Anil K. Sood, and Robert L. Coleman -- Genes and cancer : genetic counseling and clinical management / David G. Mutch and Philip J. DiSaia -- Palliative care and quality of life / Dana M Chase ... [et al.] -- Role of minimally invasive surgery in gynecologic malignancies / Jeffrey M. Fowler, David E. Cohn, and Robert S. Mannel -- Epidemiology of commonly used statistical terms and analysis of clinical studies / Wendy R. Brewster -- Basic principles in gynecologic radiotherapy / Catheryn M. Yashar.
- 2011 SpringerGraziottin, Alessandra; Murina, Filippo.Epidemiology of Vulvar Pain and its Sexual Comorbidities -- Vulvodynia -- What's Behind the Name? -- Vulvodynia and Dyspareunia -- How Should they be Addressed? -- Postpartum Dyspareunia and Vulvodynia -- What Women with Vulvodynia Complain of: Evaluation of Vulvar Pain -- How Vulvodynia Originates: the Pathophysiology of Vulvar Pain -- How to Make a Comprehensive Diagnosis of Vulvodynia and its Comorbidities -- How to Treat Vulvodynia.
- 2007 SpringerKaplan, Cynthia G.
- 2006 SpringerDallenbach-Hellweg, G.; Dallenbach-Hellweg, G.; Knebel Doeberitz, Magnus von; Trunk, Marcus J.
- 2005 Thieme BookKurjak, Asim; Schmidt, Werner.Physical and technical principles of color Doppler sonography / R. Kubale and G. Hetzel -- Safety aspects of Doppler and color Doppler sonography / H.-D. Rott -- Uterine blood flow in fertile and infertile women / S. Kupesic and A. Kurjak -- Uterine causes of infertility / S. Kupesic and A. Kurjak -- Changes in uterine and ovarian perfusion with the onset of menopause / A. Kurjak and S. Kupesic -- Color Doppler sonography for the optimization of assisted reproduction / D. Grab and K. Sterzik -- Pulsed Doppler and color duplex sonography in the assessment of tubal patency / B. Hüneke ... [et al.] -- Abnormalities of corpus iuteum function / S. Kupesic, A. Kurjak, T. Zodan -- Interventional ultrasound in reproductive medicine / S. Kupesic, A. Kurjak, and A.K. Ertan -- Doppler ultrasound examinations from folliculogenesis to early pregnancy / S. Kupesic, A. Kurjak, and W. Schmidt -- Evaluation of early placentation and the embryonic circulation with Doppler ultrasound / A. Kurjak and S. Kupesic -- Color Doppler sonography in ectopic pregnancy / H.J. Voigt. Physiology of Doppler flow in maternal vessels during pregnancy / T. Golaszewski, J. Deutinger, and G. Bernaschek -- Color Doppler sonography of the uterine arteries in early pregnancy to screen for preeclampsia and uteroplacental insufficiency / A. Funk -- Normal fetomaternal Doppler indices in the second and third trimesters of pregnancy / A.K. Ertan ... [et al.] -- Venous Doppler sonography / F. Bahlmann -- Color Doppler sonography in the diagnosis of Nuchal cord / A.K. Ertan, H.J. Hendrik, W. Schmidt -- Chronic placental insufficiency / H.J. Hendrik, A.K. Ertan, and W. Schmidt -- Severely abnormal Doppler findings and perinatal abnormalities / A.K. Ertan, H.J. Hendrik, W. Schmidt -- Fetal Doppler findings in late pregnancy / K. Vetter -- Intrapartum Fetal Heart Rate changes and Doppler sonography / E. Weiss -- Color Doppler ultrasound in fetal echocardiography / A. Lindinger -- Use of color Doppler in echocardiography / U. Gembruch -- Structure of the human placenta and pathomorphological changes in placental insufficiency / K.R. Reitnauer. Morphological and morphometric studies of the placenta with Doppler abnormalities of the fetal umbilical arteries / T. Hitschold -- Sonographic and Doppler sonographic examination of uterine anomalies / S. Kupesic and A. Kurjak -- Doppler examination of the normal endometrium and benign endometrial changes / S. Kupesic, A. Kurjak -- Transvaginal color Doppler and pulsed Doppler diagnosis of benign changes in the uterine myometrium / A. Kurjak, S. Kupesic -- Use of color Doppler in the evaluation of suspicious endometrial findings / M. Holländer ... [et al.] -- Malignant uterine tumors / A. Kurjak and S. Kupesic -- Blood flow changes in cervical carcinoma treated by primary chemotherapy / C. Villena-Heinsen ... [et al.] -- Color Doppler imaging of benign adnexal masses-a spectrum of findings / A. Kurjak, S. Kupesic, and A.K. Ertan -- Malignant adnexal tumors / A. Kurjak, S. Kupesic, and A.K. Ertan -- Three-dimensional power Doppler sonography in evaluating the angiogenesis of ovarian tumors / A. Kurjak, S. Kupesic, and B. Breyer -- Ovarian cancer screening / A. Kurjak ... [et al.]. General aspects of the ultrasound investigation of blood flow in breast tumors / C. Villena-Heinsen, M. Holländer, and W. Schmidt -- Color Doppler sonography in the diagnosis of breast cancer / H. Madjar -- Usefulness of the minimum resistance index in the benign-malignant discrimination of breast tumors / C. Villena-Heinsen ... [et al.] -- Effect of menopausal status and hormone replacement on therapy resistance indices and blood flow velocities in breast tumors / C. Villena-Heinsen, I. Tossounidis, and W. Schmidt -- Benign-malignant tumor discrimination and prognostic evaluation of breast tumors with color Doppler sonography / C. Villena-Heinsen ... [et al.].
- 2008 ClinicalKeyApgar, Barbara S.; Brotzman, Gregory L.; Spitzer, Mark.Chapter 1: Epidemiology applied to colposcopy / Mark Schifman, Jose Jeronimo -- Chapter 2: Human papillomaviruses and mechanisms of oncogenesis / Ann Roman, Helena Spartz, Darron R. Brown -- Chapter 3: Human papillomavirus vaccine / Stanley A. Gall -- 4: Cytology -- 4.1 Terminology in cervical cytology: the Bethesda System / Diane Davis Davey -- 4.2 Conventional cytology / Peter A. Drew, Edward J. Wilkinson -- 4.3 Thin-Layer, liquid-based cytology / Juan Felix -- Chapter 5: Adjunctive testing -- 5.1 Human papillomavirus testing / Attila T. Lorincz -- 5.2 Cervical screening with In vivo and in vitro modalities: speculoscopy combined with cytology / Neal M. Lonky -- Chapter 6: Principles and technique of the colposcopic exam / Barbara S. Apgar, Georgory L. Brotzman, Mary M. Rubin -- Chapter 7: Normal transformation zone / Denis M. O'Connor -- Chapter 8: Angiogenesis of cervical neoplasia / Adolf Stafl -- Chapter 9: Abnormal transformation zone / Georgory L Brotzman, Barbara S. Apgar -- Chapter 10: Colposcopic assessment systems -- 10.1 Rubin and Barbo colposcopic assessment system / Mary M. Rubin, Dorothy M. Barbo -- 10.2 Reids colposcopic index / Richard I. Reid -- Chapter 11: Atypical squamous cells / Thomas C. Wright, Jr. -- Chapter 12: Low-grade squamous intraepithelial lesions / Alan G. Waxman -- Chapter 13: High-grade squamous intraepithelial lesions / L. Stuart Massad -- Chapter 14: Squamous cervical cancer / R. Kevin Reynolds -- Chapter 15: Cervical glandular disease: adenocarcinoma in situ and adenocarcinoma / V. Cecil Wright -- Chapter 16: Vagina: normal, premalignant, and malignant / Barbara S. Apgar, Gregory L. Brotzman -- Chapter 17: Non-neoplastic epithelial lesions of the vulva /Lynette J. Margesson -- Chapter 18: Vulvar intraepithelial neoplasia / Alex Ferenczy -- Chapter 19: External genital condyloma / Alex Ferenczy -- Chapter 20: Lower genital tract changes associated with in utero exposure to diethylstilbestrol / Raymond H. Kaufman -- Chapter 21: Colposcopy in pregnancy / David G. Weismiller -- Chapter 22: Human papillomavirus infections in adolescents / Anna-Barbara Moscicki -- Chapter 23: Anal disease / Teresa M. Darragh, J. Michael Berry, Naomi Jay. Joel M. Palefsky -- Chapter 24: Androscopy: examination of the male partner / John L. Pfenninger -- Chapter 25: Psychosocial aspects of colposcopy / Dennis J. Butler, Gregory L. Brotzman -- Chapter 26: Practical therapeutic options for treatment of cervical intraepithelial neoplasia / Mark Spitzer, Gregory L. Brotzman, Barbara S. Apgar -- Chapter 27: Colposcopy: pitfalls and tricks of the trade / Mark Spitzer.
- 2007 IARCAlso available: Print – 2007
- 2008 SpringerO'Donovan, Peter J.
- 2013 SpringerGoldman, Howard B.Complications of Female Incontinence and Pelvic Reconstructive Surgery reviews the prevention, evaluation and management of complications arising from female pelvic surgery. Potential complications of both routine and specialized female pelvic procedures such as transvaginal slings, cystocele and rectocele repairs, urethral diverticulectomy, and transvaginal mesh repairs are reviewed. The chapters are divided by procedure allowing the reader to easily find what they are looking for. Images and figures of methods of evaluation and repair of these complications are included throughout. The volume is organized based on the specific types of surgeries performed and the user is able to look up the type of surgery performed and immediately find all of the potential complications and their treatments. This text will serve as a comprehensive guide and reference allowing the surgeon quick and ready access to information about the complications of female pelvic surgery.
- 2013 ClinicalKeyGershenson, David M.; Katz, Vern L.; Lentz, Gretchen M.; Lobo, Rogerio A.Basic science -- Fertilization and embryogenesis: meiosis, fertilization, implantation, embryonic development, sexual differentiation -- Reproductive genetics: gene structure, mutation, molecular tools, types of inheritance, counseling issues, oncogenes -- Reproductive anatomy: gross and microscopic, clinical correlations -- Reproductive endocrinology: neuroendocrinology, gonadotropins, sex steroids, prostaglandins, ovulation, menstruation, hormone assay -- Evidence-based medicine and clinical epidemiology -- Medical-legal risk management -- Comprehensive evaluation of the female -- History, physical examination, and preventive health care: general, gynecologic, and psychosocial history and examination, health care maintenance, disease prevention -- The interaction of medical diseases and female physiology -- Emotional aspects of gynecology: depression, anxiety, PTSD, eating disorders, substance abuse, "difficult" patients, sexual function, rape, intimate partner violence, and grief -- Endoscopy: hysteroscopy and laparoscopy: indications, contraindications and complications -- General gynecology -- Congenital abnormalities of the female reproductive tract: anomalies of the vagina, cervix, uterus, and adnexa -- Pediatric and adolescent gynecology: gynecologic examination, infections, trauma, pelvic mass, precocious puberty -- Family planning: contraception, sterilization, and pregnancy termination -- Menopause and care of the mature woman: endocrinology, consequences of estrogen deficiency, effects of hormone replacement therapy, and treatment regimens -- Breast diseases: diagnosis and treatment of benign and malignant disease -- Spontaneous and recurrent abortion: etiology, diagnosis, treatment -- Ectopic pregnancy: etiology, pathology, diagnosis, management, fertility prognosis -- Benign gynecologic lesions: vulva, vagina, cervix, uterus, oviduct, ovary, ultrasound imaging of pelvic structures -- Endometriosis: etiology, pathology, diagnosis, management -- Anatomic defects of the abdominal wall and pelvic floor: abdominal and inguinal hernias, cystocele, urethrocele, enterocele, rectocele, uterine and vaginal prolapse: diagnosis and management -- Urogynecology: physiology of micturition, voiding dysfunction, urinary incontinence, urinary tract infections, and painful bladder syndrome -- Anal incontinence: diagnosis and management -- Infections of the lower and upper genital tracts: vulva, vagina, cervix, toxic shock syndrome, endometritis, and salpingitis -- Preoperative counseling and management: woman evaluation, informed consent, infection prophylaxis, and avoidance of complications -- Postoperative counseling and management: fever, respiratory, cardiovascular, thromboembolic, urinary tract, gastrointestinal, wound, and operative site complications; neurologic injury; psychological sequelae -- Gynecologic oncology -- Molecular oncology in gynecologic cancer: immunologic response, cytokines, oncogenes, and tumor suppressor genes -- Principles of radiation therapy and chemotherapy in gynecologic cancer: basic principles, uses, and complications -- Intraepithelial neoplasia of the lower genital tract (cervix, vulva): etiology, screening, diagnostic techniques, management -- Malignant diseases of the cervix: microinvasive and invasive carcinoma: diagnosis and management -- Neoplastic diseases of the vulva: lichen sclerosus, intraepithelial neoplasia, Paget's disease, and carcinoma -- Malignant diseases of the vagina: intraepithelial neoplasia, carcinoma, sarcoma -- Neoplastic diseases of the uterus: endometrial hyperplasia, endometrial carcinoma, and sarcoma: diagnosis and management -- Neoplastic diseases of the ovary: screening, benign and malignant epithelial and germ cell neoplasms, sex-cord stromal tumors -- Fallopian tube and primary peritoneal cancer: causes, diagnosis, natural history, and treatment -- Gestational trophoblastic disease: hydatidiform mole, nonmetastatic and metastatic gestational trophoblastic tumor: diagnosis and management -- Reproductive endocrinology and infertility -- Primary and secondary dysmenorrhea, premenstrual syndrome, and premenstrual dysphoric disorder: etiology, diagnosis, management -- Abnormal uterine bleeding: ovulatory and anovulatory dysfunctional uterine bleeding: management of acute and chronic excessive bleeding -- Primary and secondary amenorrhea and precocious puberty: etiology, diagnostic evaluation, management -- Hyperprolactinemia, galactorrhea, and pituitary adenomas: etiology, differential diagnosis, natural history, management -- Hyperandrogenism: physiology, etiology, differential diagnosis, management -- Infertility: etiology, diagnostic evaluation, management, prognosis.
- 2007Gershenson, David M.; Katz, Vern L.; Lentz, Gretchen M.; Lobo, Rogerio A.PrintStatus: Not Checked OutLane Catalog Record
- 2010 SpringerÁcs, Nándor; Bánhidy, Ferenc G.; Czeizel, Endre.The Hungarian congenital abnormality registry (HCAR) -- Certain infectious and parasitic diseases -- Neoplasms -- Diseases of the blood and blood-forming organs -- Endocrine, nutritional and metabolic diseases -- Mental and behavioural disorders -- Diseases of the nervous system -- Diseases of the eye and adnexa -- Diseases of the ear and the mastoid process -- Diseases of the circulatory system -- Diseases of the respiratory system -- Diseases of the digestive system -- Diseases of the skin and subcutaneous tissue -- Diseases of the musculoskeletal system and connective tissue -- Diseases of the urinary tract -- Diseases of the genital organs -- Pregnancy, childbirth, and the puerperium -- Congenital malformations, deformations, and chromosomal abnormalities -- Association of maternal diseases during pregnancy with higher risk of congenital abnormalities (CAs) in their children -- Associations of maternal diseases with higher risk for preterm birth (PB) and low birth weight (LBW) newborns.
- 2014 SpringerBermas, Bonnie L.; Sammaritano, Lisa R.Most general rheumatologists and OB/GYNs have limited experience in caring for rheumatic disease patients during pregnancy, and many do not have ready access to expert colleagues in this area. Contraception and Pregnancy in Patients with Rheumatic Disease fills this gap by presenting the basics of contraception, fertility treatment, and pregnancy in rheumatic disease patients. This comprehensive resource begins by introducing key concepts that clinicians need to know when assessing the pregnant rheumatic disease patient. It goes on to cover specific rheumatic conditions in pregnancy, including systemic lupus erythematosus, antiphospholipid syndrome, systemic sclerosis, inflammatory myositis, and more. The book concludes by explaining additional related reproductive issues such as contraception, neonatal lupus, and long-term outcome of children of rheumatic disease patients. With advances in rheumatology therapies, obstetric monitoring, and reproductive medicine technologies, increasing numbers of women with rheumatic diseases are pursuing pregnancy. Summarizing the current state of knowledge and presenting a general approach for assessment of the rheumatic disease, this book serves as an invaluable reference tool for both rheumatologists and OB/GYNs.
- 2014 SpringerCreutzberg, Carien L.; Ledermann, Jonathan A.; Quinn, Michael A.Gynecological cancers are some of the most commonly occurring malignancies in women. Despite their high incidence, treatment and management of these cancers remain controversial, with conflicting evidence about many aspects of the disease. Controversies in the Management of Gynecological Cancers offers a unique assessment of the opposing sides of the controversial issues associated with gynecological cancers, and aims to provide professionals in the field with a keener sense of the underlying evidence-base and a starting point from which to follow the ongoing debate. A section on the direction of future research to resolve these issues completes the discussion in each chapter. This book will appeal to specialists, trainees and healthcare workers in gynecological oncology, gynecologists, medical oncologists and radiation oncologists, and is an excellent starting point for anyone who wishes to gain a better understanding of the complex nature of the management of gynecological malignancy.
- 2014 ClinicalKeyCreasy, Robert K.; Resnik, Robert.Human Basic Genetics and Patterns of Inheritance -- Normal Early Development -- Amniotic Fluid Dynamics -- Multiple Gestation: The Biology of Twinning -- Biology of Parturition -- Immunology of Pregnancy -- Maternal Cardiovascular, Respiratory, and Renal Adaptation to Pregnancy -- Endocrinology of Pregnancy -- The Breast and the Physiology of Lactation -- Maternal Nutrition -- Developmental Origins of Health and Disease -- Fetal Cardiovascular Physiology -- Behavioral States in the Fetus: Relationship to Fetal Health and Development -- Placental Respiratory Gas Exchange and Fetal Oxygenation -- Fetal Lung Development and Surfactant -- Evidence-Based Practice in Perinatal Medicine -- Performing and Documenting the Fetal Anatomy Ultrasound Examination -- Doppler Ultrasound: Select Fetal and Maternal Applications -- Clinical Applications of Three-Dimensional Sonography in Obstetrics -- Central Nervous System Imaging Cephalocele -- Imaging of the Face and Neck Cleft Lip and Palate -- Thoracic Imaging -- Fetal Cardiac Malformations and Arrhythmias: Detection, Diagnosis, Management, and Prognosis -- Abdominal Imaging -- Urogenital Imaging -- Skeletal Imaging -- Placenta and Umbilical Cord Imaging Marginal and Velamentous Umbilical Cord Insertion -- Uterus and Adnexae Imaging Adnexal Mass, Complex and Simple -- First-Trimester Imaging -- Prenatal Diagnosis of Congenital Disorders -- Teratogenesis and Environmental Exposure -- Assessment of Fetal Health -- Intrapartum Fetal Surveillance -- Assessment and Induction of Fetal Pulmonary Maturity -- Invasive Fetal Therapy -- Hemolytic Disease of the Fetus and Newborn -- Nonimmune Hydrops -- Multiple Gestation: Clinical Characteristics and Management -- Pathogenesis of Spontaneous Preterm Birth -- Preterm Labor and Birth -- Cervical Insufficiency -- Premature Rupture of the Membranes -- Clinical Aspects of Normal and Abnormal Labor -- Recurrent Pregnancy Loss -- Stillbirth -- Placenta Previa, Placenta Accreta, Abruptio Placentae, and Vasa Previa -- Intrauterine Growth Restriction -- Pregnancy-Related Hypertension -- Patient Safety in Obstetrics -- Maternal Mortality -- Maternal and Fetal Infections -- Cardiac Diseases -- Coagulation Disorders in Pregnancy -- Thromboembolic Disease in Pregnancy -- Anemia and Pregnancy -- Malignancy and Pregnancy -- Renal Disorders -- Respiratory Diseases in Pregnancy -- Diabetes in Pregnancy -- Thyroid Disease and Pregnancy -- Other Endocrine Disorders of Pregnancy -- Gastrointestinal Disease in Pregnancy -- Diseases of the Liver, Biliary System, and Pancreas -- Pregnancy and Rheumatic Diseases -- Neurologic Disorders -- Management of Depression and Psychoses in Pregnancy and in the Puerperium -- Substance Abuse in Pregnancy -- The Skin and Pregnancy -- Benign Gynecologic Conditions in Pregnancy -- Anesthesia Considerations for Complicated Pregnancies -- Intensive Care Considerations for the Critically Ill Parturient -- Neonatal Morbidities of Prenatal and Perinatal Origin.
- 2009Creasy, Robert K.; Iams, Jay D.; Resnik, Robert.
- 2013 (11th ed.). AccessMedicineDeCherney, Alan H.; Goodwin, T. Murphy; Laufer, Neri; Nathan, Lauren; Roman, Ashley S.Also available: Print – 2007-<2013>
- 2011 SpringerChhieng, David C.; Hui, Pei.Normal histology of female genital organs -- Lesions of the vulva and vagina -- Squamous lesions of the cervix -- Glandular lesions of the cervix -- Human papillomavirus for cervical pathology -- Endometrial epithelial neoplasms -- Nonepithelial tumors of uterine corpus -- Gestational trophoblastic disease -- Tumors of fallopian tube and broad ligament -- Epithelial neoplasms of ovary -- Nonepithelial tumor of ovary -- Tumors of peritoneum.
- 2008 OvidDanforth, David N.; Gibbs, Ronald S.Prenatal care / Vern L. Katz -- Normal labor, delivery, newborn care, and puerperium / Kirsten J. Lund and James McManaman -- Obstetric analgesia and anesthesia / Joy L. Hawkins -- Early pregnancy loss / T. Flint Porter, D. Ware Branch, and James R. Scott -- Ectopic pregnancy / Beata E. Seeber and Kurt T. Barnhart -- Genetics in obstetrics and gynecology / Kenneth Ward -- Prenatal diagnosis / Lorraine Dugoff -- Drugs in pregnancy / Jerome Yankowitz -- Ultrasound in obstetrics / Santosh Pandipati and John C. Hobbins -- Assessment of fetal well-being / Catherine Y. Spong -- Preterm labor and post-term delivery / J. Chris Carey and Ronald S. Gibbs -- Premature rupture of the membranes / Ronald S. Gibbs -- Intrauterine growth restriction / Bronwen F. Kahn, John C. Hobbins, and Henry L. Galan -- Multiple gestation / Roger B. Newman and Charles Rittenberg -- Diabetes mellitus and pregnancy / E. Albert Reece and Carol J. Homko -- Hypertensive disorders of pregnancy / Mounira Habli and Baha M. Sibai -- Medical and surgical complications of pregnancy / Deborah Krakow -- Immunologic disorders in pregnancy / D. Ware Branch, Robert M. Silver, and Kjersti Aagaard-Tillery -- Obstetric and perinatal infections / Jill K. Davies and Ronald S. Gibbs -- Human immunodeficiency virus / Howard Minkoff -- Placenta previa and abruption / Helen H. Kay -- Breech, other malpresentations, and umbilical cord complications / Timothy E. Klatt and Dwight P. Cruikshank -- Stillbirth and intrauterine fetal demise / Robert M. Silver -- Complications of labor / Donald J. Dudley -- Complications of delivery / Larry C. Gilstrap and Edward R. Yeomans -- Operative vaginal delivery / James A. Bofill and James N. Martin, Jr. -- Cesarean delivery / James R. Scott and T. Flint Porter -- Psychologic disorders of pregnancy and the postpartum period / Michael W. O'Hara and Lisa S. Segre -- Office gynecology and surgical procedures / Marian D. Damewood, William R. Keye, Jr., and Charles C. Coddington III -- Gynecologic ultrasound / Mika Thomas and Bradley J. Van Voorhis -- Pediatric and adolescent gynecology / Ann J. Davis -- Contraception / Lisa Memmel and Melissa Gilliam -- Induced abortion / Sabrina Holmquist and Melissa Gilliam -- Pelvic and sexually transmitted infections / David A. Eschenbach -- Benign vulvovaginal disorders / Lori A. Boardman and Colleen M. Kennedy -- Amenorrhea / David P. Cohen -- Abnormal uterine bleeding / Steven R. Goldstein -- Premenstrual syndrome / Robert L. Reid -- Androgen excess disorders / Richard S. Legro and Ricardo Azziz -- Infertility / Kristen P. Wright and Julia V. Johnson -- Endometriosis / Robert S. Schenken -- Menopause / Marcelle I. Cedars and Michele Evans -- Women's sexuality and sexual dysfunction / Rosemary Basson -- Chronic pelvic pain / Howard T. Sharp -- Perioperative evaluation / Jeff Peipert and Sarah Hammil -- Laparoscopic surgery / Joseph S. Sanfilippo and Lisa M. Roberts -- Hysteroscopic surgery / R. Stanford Williams -- Epidemiology, pathophysiology, and evaluation of pelvic organ support / John O. L. DeLancey -- Operative management of pelvic organ prolapse / Kris Strohbehn and Holly E. Richter -- Nonsurgical treatment of pelvic organ prolapse / Ingrid D. Nygaard -- Female urinary incontinence: epidemiology and evaluation / Peggy A. Norton --Operative management of urinary incontinence / Charles W. Nager and Amy R. Kane -- Nonsurgical management of urinary incontinence and overactive bladder / Baharak Amir and Alfred E. Bent -- Fecal incontinence and defecation disorders / Dee E. Fenner and Catherine Ann Matthews -- Leiomyomata / Arthur F. Haney -- Disorders of the breast / Mary L. Gemignani -- Vulvar and vaginal cancer / Natalie S. Gould and Joan L. Walker -- Cervical cancer / Robert L. Giuntoli II and Robert E. Bristow -- Human papillomavirus and the management of the abnormal pap test / Christine H. Holschneider -- Uterine cancer / David G. Mutch -- Ovarian and tubal cancers / Ilana Cass and Beth Y. Karlan -- Management of the adnexal mass / Susan A. Davidson -- Gestational trophoblastic neoplasms / Andrew John Li -- The special approach to solving the profession's liability crisis, improving patient safety, and preventing medical errors / Louis Weinstein and Jason K. Baxter -- Appendix: Evidence-based approach to obstetrics and gynecology / Ronald S. Gibbs.
- 2011 SpringerDe Nardi, Paola; Candiani, Massimo; Denny, Elaine; Ferrari, Stefano.Introduction / Paola De Nardi and Stefano Ferrari -- Diagnosis / Paola De Nardi and Stefano Ferrari -- Treatment / Paola De Nardi and Stefano Ferrari -- The Experience of Living with Endometriosis / Elaine Denny.
- 2005 KargerDesoye, Gernot; Djelmiš, J.; Ivanisević, M.Epidemiology of pregestational and gestational diabetes / I. Pavliʹc-Renar, Z̆. Metelko -- Fuel-mediated 'functional teratogenesis' and primary prevention / A. Plagemann -- Endocrine changes in diabetic pregnancy / A. Kautzky-Willer, D. Bancher-Todesca -- Metabolic changes in diabetic pregnancy / E. Herrera -- Leptin in the diabetic pregnancy / S. Hauguet-De Mouzon, J. Lepercq, P. Catalano -- Maternal diabetes and embryonic development / R. De Hertogh -- Normal and abnormal fetal growth / I. Cetin, T. Radaelli -- Effect of nutrition on fetal development: a view on the pancreatic [beta]-cells / B. Blondeau, B. Breant -- The human placenta in diabetes / G. Desoye, P. Kaufmann -- Vasculogenesis and angiogenesis in the diabetic placenta / L. Leach, T.M. Mayhew -- Morphological findings in infants and placentas of diabetic mothers / M. Kos, M. Vogel -- Principles of evidence-based medicine: the lesson for diabetic pregnancy / T.R. Pieber -- The Graz approach to diabetes in pregnancy / P.A.M. Weiss, G. Desoye -- Clinical management of pregnancies complicated with type 1/type 2 diabetes mellitus / J. Djelmis̆ -- Nutritional management of diabetes in pregnancy / A. Dornhorst, G. Frost -- Diabetes-related antibodies and pregnancy / R. Corcoy, D. Mauricio, A. De Leiva -- Insulin and oral hypoglycemic agents in pregnancy / Z̆. Metelko, I. Pavliʹc-Renar -- Continuous glucose monitoring for the evaluation and improved treatment adjustment in gravid women with diabetic pregnancy / M. Hod, Y. Yogev -- Fetal hypoxia and its monitoring in pregestational diabetic pregnancies / K.A. Teramo, V.K. Hiilesmaa -- Ultrasonic surveillance of the diabetic fetus / M. Ivanis̆eviʹc -- Diabetic pregnancy: maternal metabolic and microvascular issues in type 1 diabetes mellitus / D.W.M. Pearson -- Pre-eclampsia in women with type 1 diabetes / E.R. Mathiesen and P. Damm -- Management of delivery / V.A. Miller, M.D.G. Gillmer -- Offspring of diabetic pregnancy / B. Persson, U.J. Eriksson, U. Hanson -- Long-term consequences of gestational diabetes mellitus / J. Lauenborg, E.R. Mathiesen, P. Damm.
- 2009 SpringerDiamanti-Kandarakis, Evanthia; Farid, Nadir R.Part I. The syndrome. 1. Clinical manifestations of PCOS / Pasquali Renato --2. The Menstrual cycle in PCOS / Sabrina Gill and Janet E. Hall -- 3. The Radiology of Polycystic ovaries / Susan J. Barter -- Part II. Origins -- 4. Insulin resistance in PCOS / Evanthia Diamanti-Kandarakis and Charikleia D. Christakou -- 5. Genetics of metabolic syndrome and genetic lipodystrophies / Tisha R. Joy and Robert A. Hegele -- 6. The Genetics of polycystic ovary syndrome / Brad Eilerman, Marzieh Salehi, and Yaron Tomer -- 7. Uterine origins and evolution in childhood / Agathocles Tsatsoulis and Nectaria Xita -- Part III. Consequences -- 8. Hyperandrogenism in PCOS / Neoklis A. Georgopoulos, Eleni Kandaraki, and Dimitrios Panidis -- 9. The Risk of diabetes and metabolic syndrome in PCOS / Thomas M. Barber -- 10. The Risks of cardiovascular disease and diabetes in the Polycystic ovary syndrome / Susmeeta T. Sharma and John E. Nestler -- 11. Pregnancy complications in PCOS / Roy Homburg -- 12. Polycystic ovary syndrome, sleep apnea, and daytime sleepiness and fatigue / Alexandros N. Vgontzas and Susan Calhoun -- 13. Polycystic ovarian syndrome and gynaecological cancer / Alexandra Lawrence and W. Peter Mason -- 14. PCOS, depression, and Alzheimer's disease / Pascale G. Stemmle, Heather A. Kenna, and Natalie L. Rasgon -- 15. Psychological issues and their treatment / Melissa J. Himelein and Samuel S. Thatcher -- Part IV. Management -- 16. Dietary management of PCOS / Kate Marsh -- 17. Exercise in the treatment of PCOS / Emma Stevenson -- 18. Medical treatment / Jean-Patrice Baillargeon and Nadir R. Farid -- 19. Therapy of hirsutism / Salvatore Benvenga -- 20. Ovulation induction in PCOS / Evert J.P. van Santbrink -- 21. IVF in Polycystic ovary syndrome / Rehan Salim and Paul Serhal -- 22. The Surgical management of Polycystic ovarian syndrome / Colin J. Davis -- 23. When periods stop: long-term consequences of PCOS / Enrico Carmina, Ettore Guastella, and Manfredi Rizzo.
- 2005 SpringerMazur, Michael T.; Kurman, Robert J.Also available: Print – 2005
- 2011 ClinicalKeyCrum, Christopher P.; Lee, Kenneth R.; Nucci, Marisa R.Drs. Christopher P. Crum, Marisa R. Nucci, and Kenneth R. Lee help you diagnose neoplastic and non-neoplastic lesions of the female reproductive tract with their comprehensive updated. This 2nd Edition provides all of the latest guidance needed to accurately evaluate pathologic features and morphologic patterns. With 650+ new color images, an appendix with algorithms for the use of biomarkers, key points, diagnostic pearls, and more. View more than 2,250 full-color photographs and photomicrographs, ideal for side-by-side comparison to the specimens seen in the laboratory. A strong revision to cover the latest updates in the field for one of the only comprehensive references for the practicing pathologist that covers both neoplastic and non-neoplastic disorders of the female genital system.
- 2011 SpringerSoslow, Robert A.; Tornos, Carmen S.Morphologic Patterns -- Common Diagnostic Discrepancies -- Frozen Section of Ovarian Lesions -- Surface Epithelial Tumors: Pathology Introduction -- Surface Epithelial Tumors: Clinical Introduction -- Pathology of Serous Tumors -- Pathology of Endometrioid Tumors -- Pathology of Clear Cell Tumors -- Pathology of Mucinous Tumors -- Uncommon Epithelial Ovarian Tumors -- Metastatic Tumors -- Germ Cell and Sex Cord Stromal Tumors: Clinical Introduction -- Pathology of Germ Cell Tumors -- Sex Cord Stromal Tumors of the Ovary -- Pathology of Mesenchymal and Hematopoietic Tumors -- Tumors of Uncertain Histogenesis -- Fallopian Tube and Peritoneum -- Familial Cancer and Prophylactic Surgery -- Peritoneal Cytology.
- 2015 SpringerHogg, Peter.This up-to-date, evidence-based book covers the whole range of mammography and mammography-related techniques used in practice, and also the rapid and increasingly sophisticated evolution of mammographic clinical practice and technology.A wide range of topics, from the psychological and emotional support required from the practitioner to all aspects of screening and symptomatic mammographic imaging, are discussed. Digital Mammography: A Holistic Approach is aimed at radiographers, technicians, technologists, physicists, nurses and medical practitioners worldwide, and enables the reader to gain a better understanding of techniques, equipment and anatomy.
- 2008 SpringerKrupinski, Elizabeth A.
- Diseases of the abdomen and pelvis 2014-2017 : diagnostic imaging and interventional techniques : 46th International Diagnostic Course in Davos (IDKD), Davos, March 30-April 4, 20142014 SpringerHodler, Jürg; Kubik-Huch, R. A.; Schulthess, Gustav Konrad von; Zollikofer, Ch. L.
- 2014 OvidHarris, Jay R.; Lippman, Marc E.; Morrow, Monica; Osborne, C. Kent.SECTION I BREAST ANATOMY AND DEVELOPMENT -- ch. 1 Breast Anatomy and Development / Susan K. Boolbol -- ch. 2 Stem Cells in Breast Development and Carcinogenesis: Concepts and Clinical Perspectives / Max S. Wicha -- SECTION II DIAGNOSIS AND MANAGEMENT OF BENIGN BREAST DISEASE -- ch. 3 Physical Examination of the Breast / Monica Morrow -- ch. 4 Management of the Palpable Breast Mass / Richard J. Bleicher -- ch. 5 Management of Disorders of the Ductal System and Infections / Nigel J. Bundred -- ch. 6 Management of Breast Pain / Robert E. Mansel -- ch. 7 Abnormalities of the Breast in Pregnancy and Lactation / Holly S. Mason -- ch. 8 Management of Gynecomastia / Glenn D. Braunstein -- ch. 9 Pathology of Benign Breast Disorders / Stuart J. Schnitt -- SECTION III BREAST IMAGING AND IMAGE-GUIDED BIOPSY TECHNIQUES -- ch. 10 Breast Cancer Screening / Joann G. Elmore -- ch. 11 Imaging Analysis: Mammography / Stephanie K. Patterson -- ch. 12 Imaging Analysis: Ultrasonography / Emily L. Sedgwick -- ch. 13 Imaging Analysis: Magnetic Resonance Imaging / Susan Orel Roth -- ch. 14 New Breast Imaging Techniques / Maxine S. Jochelson -- ch. 15 Image-Guided Biopsy of Nonpalpable Breast Lesions / Christopher E. Comstock -- SECTION IV EPIDEMIOLOGY AND ASSESSING AND MANAGING RISK -- ch. 16 Inherited Genetic Factors and Breast Cancer / Alan Ashworth -- ch. 17 Genetic Testing and Management of Patients with Hereditary Breast Cancer / Claudine Isaacs -- ch. 18 Nongenetic Factors in the Causation of Breast Cancer / Graham A. Colditz -- ch. 19 Management of Other High Risk Patients / Seema A. Khan -- ch. 20 Chemoprevention / Powel H. Brown -- SECTION V IN SITU CARCINOMA -- ch. 21 Ductal Carcinoma In Situ and Other Intraductal Lesions: Pathology, Immunohistochemistry, and Molecular Alterations / Edi Brogi -- ch. 22 Lobular Carcinoma In Situ: Biology and Management / Jorge S. Reis-Filho -- ch. 23 Ductal Carcinoma In Situ and Microinvasive Carcinoma / Jay R. Harris -- SECTION VI PATHOLOGY AND BIOLOGICAL MARKERS OF INVASIVE BREAST CANCER -- ch. 24 Genomic Events in Breast Cancer Progression / Matthew J. Ellis -- ch. 25 Pathology of Invasive Breast Cancer / Stuart J. Schnitt -- ch. 26 Estrogen and Progesterone Receptor Testing for Prognosis and Prediction / William Miller -- ch. 27 HER2/ERBB2 Testing: Assessment of Status for Targeted Therapies / Yanling Ma -- ch. 28 Clinical and Pathologic Prognostic and Predictive Factors 6 / Frederick L. Moffat -- ch. 29 Genomics, Prognosis, and Therapeutic Interventions / Charles M. Perou -- ch. 30 Bone Marrow Micrometastases and Circulating Tumor Cells / Daniel F. Hayes -- SECTION VII MANAGEMENT OF PRIMARY INVASIVE BREAST CANCER -- ch. 31 Evaluation of Patients for Metastasis Prior to Primary Therapy / C. Kent Osborne -- ch. 32 Staging of Breast Cancer / Jay R. Harris -- ch. 33 Mastectomy / Mehra Golshan -- ch. 34 Contralateral Prophylactic Mastectomy / Todd M. Tuttle -- ch. 35 Breast-Conserving Therapy / Monica Morrow -- ch. 36 Breast Reconstruction / Alice Y. Ho -- ch. 37 Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy / Armando E. Giuliano -- ch. 38 Axillary Dissection / George Plitas -- ch. 39 Preserving and Restoring Function after Local Treatment / Andrea L. Cheville -- ch. 40 Lymphedema / Sarah A. Mclaughlin -- ch. 41 Local Management of the Axilla / Jay R. Harris -- ch. 42 Postmastectomy Radiation Therapy / Bruce G. Haffty -- ch. 43 Adjuvant Systemic Therapy: Endocrine Therapy / C. Kent Osborne -- ch. 44 Adjuvant Systemic Chemotherapy in Early Breast Cancer / Clifford A. Hudis -- ch. 45 Adjuvant Chemo Endocrine Therapy / Nancy E. Davidson -- ch. 46 Adjuvant and Preoperative Systemic Therapy for HER2-Positive Breast Cancer / Eric P. Winer -- ch. 47 Adjuvant Systemic Therapy: Bone-Targeted Treatments / Robert E. Coleman -- ch. 48 Pharmacogenomics of Systemic Therapy / James M. Rae -- ch. 49 Implications of Obesity in Breast Cancer / Andrew J. Dannenberg -- ch. 50 Lifestyle Issues in Breast Cancer Survivors / Rowan T. Chlebowski -- ch. 51 Management of Menopausal Symptoms in Breast Cancer Survivors / Charles L. Loprinzi -- ch. 52 Long-Term and Late Effects of Primary Curative Intent Therapy: Neurocognitive, Cardiac, and Secondary Malignancies / Patricia A. Ganz -- ch. 53 Adjuvant Systemic Therapy Treatment Guidelines / C. Kent Osborne -- SECTION VIII PREOPERATIVE SYSTEMIC THERAPY -- ch. 54 Preoperative Chemotherapy for Operable Breast Cancer / Jose Baselga -- ch. 55 Preoperative Endocrine Therapy for Operable Breast Cancer / Ian E. Smith -- ch. 56 Pathologic Assessment of Treatment Response after Neoadjuvant Therapy / Susan Carole Lester -- ch. 57 Local-Regional Therapy following Systemic Treatment / Kelly K. Hunt -- ch. 58 Locally Advanced Breast Cancer / Eric A. Strom -- ch. 59 Inflammatory Breast Cancer / Lori J. Pierce -- ch. 60 Preoperative Systemic Therapy for Breast Cancer / Marc E. Lippman -- SECTION IX SPECIAL THERAPEUTIC PROBLEMS -- ch. 61 Male Breast Cancer / William J. Gradishar -- ch. 62 Phyllodes Tumors / Benjamin O. Anderson -- ch. 63 Paget's Disease / Nora M. Hansen -- ch. 64 Nonepithelial Malignancies of the Breast / Carolina Gutierrez -- ch. 65 Breast Cancer during Pregnancy and Subsequent Pregnancy in Breast Cancer Survivors / Richard L. Theriault -- ch. 66 Occult Primary Cancer with Axillary Metastases / Youlia M. Kirova -- SECTION X EVALUATION AFTER PRIMARY THERAPY AND MANAGEMENT OF RECURRENT BREAST CANCER -- ch. 67 Surveillance of Patients following Primary Therapy / Robert W. Carlson -- ch. 68 Surgery for the Primary in Patients with Distant Metastases / Tari A. King -- ch. 69 Management of Local Regional Recurrences after Primary Breast Cancer Treatment / Erica L. Mayer -- ch. 70 Treatment of Metastatic Breast Cancer: Endocrine / Gaia Schiavon -- ch. 71 Treatment of Metastatic Breast Cancer: Chemotherapy / Antonio C. Wolff -- ch. 72 Treatment of HER2-overexpressing Metastatic Breast Cancer / Mark D. Pegram -- ch. 73 Palliative Care in Breast Cancer / Thomas J. Smith -- ch. 74 Management Summary for the Care of Patients with Metastatic Breast Cancer / Marc E. Lippman -- SECTION XI NEW BREAST CANCER THERAPEUTIC APPROACHES -- ch. 75 Newer Targeted Therapy / Carlos L. Arteaga -- SECTION XII SITE-SPECIFIC THERAPY OF METASTATIC BREAST CANCER -- ch. 76 Brain Metastases / Ian F. Dunn -- ch. 77 Metastatic Epidural Spinal Cord Compression / Patrick Y. Wen -- ch. 78 Leptomeningeal Metastasis / Lisa M. Deangelis -- ch. 79 Brachial Plexopathy in Patients with Breast Cancer / Pauline T. Truong -- ch. 80 Ophthalmic Metastases / David H. Abramson -- ch. 81 Management of Isolated Liver Metastases / Steven Come -- ch. 82 Medical Treatment for Bone Metastases / Christy A. Russell -- ch. 83 Local Management of Bone Metastases / James A. Hayman -- SECTION XIII BREAST CANCER IN SPECIAL POPULATIONS -- ch. 84 Breast Cancer in Older Women / Hyman B. Muss -- ch. 85 Breast Cancer in Younger Women / Richard D. Gelber -- ch. 86 Breast Cancer in Minority Women / Lisa A. Carey -- SECTION XIV ISSUES IN BREAST CANCER SURVIVORSHIP -- ch. 87 Nursing Care in Patient Management and Quality of Life / Deborah K. Walker -- ch. 88 Overview of Survivorship Issues / Larissa Nekhlyudov -- ch. 89 Psychosocial Adaptation during and after Breast Cancer / Mary Jane Massie -- ch. 90 Reproductive Issues in Breast Cancer Survivors / Elizabeth S. Ginsburg -- ch. 91 Cost and Cost Effectiveness Considerations / Bruce E. Hillner
- 2010 OvidHarris, Jay R.; Lippman, Marc E.; Morrow, Monica; Osborne, C. Kent.Breast anatomy and development -- Molecular mechanisms regulating breast development -- Stem cells in breast development and carcinogenesis: concepts and clinical perspectives -- Physical examination of the breast -- Management of the palpable breast mass -- Management of disorders of the ductal system and infections -- Management of breast pain -- Abnormalities of the breast in pregnancy and lactation -- Management of gynecomastia -- Pathology of benign breast disorders -- Screening for breast cancer -- Imaging analysis: mammography -- Breast ultrasound -- Imaging analysis: magnetic resonance imaging -- Imaging: new techniques -- Image-guided biopsy of nonpalpable breast lesions -- Management summary on breast imaging -- Inherited genetic factors and breast cancer -- Genetic testing and management of patients with hereditary breast cancer -- Nongenetic factors in the causation of breast cancer -- Management of other high risk patients -- Chemoprevention: clinical aspects -- Pathology and biological features of premalignant breast disease -- Lobular carcinoma in situ: biology and pathology -- Lobular carcinoma in situ: clinical management -- Ductal carcinoma in situ and microinvasive carcinoma -- Breast cancer genomics -- Pathology of invasive breast cancer -- Clinical aspects of estrogen and progesterone receptors -- ERBB2 testing: assessment of status for targeted therapies -- Prognostic and predictive markers -- Gene arrays, prognosis, and therapeutic interventions -- Bone marrow micrometastases and circulating tumor cells -- Evaluation of patients for metastasis prior to primary therapy -- Staging of breast cancer -- Mastectomy -- Breast-conserving therapy: conventional whole breast irradiation -- Breast-conserving therapy: accelerated partial breast irradiation -- Breast reconstruction -- Local therapy for the breast and chest wall -- Sentinel lymph node dissection -- Axillary dissection -- Axillary irradiation -- Preserving and restoring function after local treatment -- Lymphedema -- Treatment of the axilla and other regional nodes -- Postmastectomy radiation therapy -- Adjuvant systemic therapy: endocrine therapy -- Adjuvant systemic therapy: chemotherapy -- Adjuvant systemic therapy: chemoendocrine -- Adjuvant treatment of ERBB2 positive breast cancer -- Adjuvant systemic therapy: bisphosphonates -- Lifestyle issues in breast cancer survivors -- Management of menopausal symptoms in breast cancer survivors -- Side effects of systemic therapy: neurocognitive, cardiac, and secondary malignancies -- Pharmacogenomics of systemic therapy of breast cancer -- Guidelines for adjuvant systemic therapy -- Preoperative therapy for operable breast cancer -- Preoperative endocrine therapy for operable breast cancer -- Local-regional therapy considerations in patients receiving preoperative chemotherapy -- Locally advanced breast cancer -- Inflammatory breast cancer -- Management summary on preoperative systemic therapy -- Male breast cancer -- Phyllodes tumors -- Paget's disease -- Nonepithelial malignancies of the breast -- Breast cancer during pregnancy and subsequent pregnancy in breast cancer survivors -- Occult primary cancer with axillary metastases -- Surveillance of patients following primary therapy -- Surgery for the primary in patients with distant metastases -- Local-regional recurrence after breast-conservation treatment or mastectomy -- Treatment of metastatic breast cancer: endocrine therapy -- Treatment of metastatic breast cancer: chemotherapy -- Treatment of HER2-overexpressing metastatic breast cancer -- End-of-life considerations in patients with breast cancer -- Management summary for metastatic disease for the care of patients with metastatic disease -- Angiogenesis inhibition in breast cancer -- Tyrosine kinase inhibitors -- Newer targeted therapy in breast cancer -- Brain metastases -- Epidural metastases -- Leptomeningeal metastasis -- Brachial plexopathy in patients with breast cancer -- Ocular metastases -- Malignant effusions -- Management of discrete pulmonary nodules -- Management of lsolated liver metastases -- Bone-directed therapy and breast cancer: bisphosphonates, monoclonal anitbody, and radionuclides -- Local management of bone metastases -- Breast cancer in older women -- Breast cancer in younger women -- Breast cancer in minority women -- Nursing care in patient management and quality of life -- Psychosocial adaptation during and after breast cancer -- Reproductive issues in breast cancer survivors -- Medical legal aspects of breast cancer evaluation -- Cost and cost-effectiveness considerations.
- 2005 SpringerMaulik, Dev; Zalud, Ivica.Also available: Print – 2005
- 2007 ClinicalKeyMiller, Richard K.; Peters, P. W. J.; Schaefer, Christof.General commentary on drug therapy and drug risks in pregnancy / Richard K. Miller, Paul W. Peters, and Christoff E. Schaefer -- Specific drug therapies during pregnancy / Mimke Reuvers and Christof Schaefer -- General commentary on drug therapy and drug risk during lactation / Ruth Lawrence and Christof Schaefer -- Specific drug therapies during lactation / Chistof Schaefer and Ruth Lawrence.
- Drugs during pregnancy and lactation-- treatment options and risk assessment. Third edition. [3rd. ed.]2015 ClinicalKeyMiller, Richard K.; Peters, P. W. J.; Schaefer, Christof.
- Drugs in pregnancy and lactation : a reference guide to fetal and neonatal risk. Tenth edition. [10th ed.]2015 OvidBriggs, Gerald G.; Freeman, Roger K.
- 2011 OvidBriggs, Gerald G.; Freeman, Roger K.; Yaffe, Sumner J.
- 2015 SpringerBensenhaver, Jessica M.; Newman, Lisa.This volume reviews the evolution of information regarding the epidemiology of DCIS and its modes of detection, as well as treatment options as a function of both clinical trial data and ongoing investigational therapeutic prospects. Several of the challenging and clinically-relevant scenarios of DCIS that appear in daily practice is discussed, including the difficulties of distinguishing "true" DCIS from borderline patterns of other breast diseases and the therapeutic implications of differentiating these various diagnoses. Particular attention is paid to pathologic evaluation of DCIS, including histologic patterns and the importance of margin evaluation/margin control. The text also explores the data regarding DCIS in medical research in hereditary susceptibility for breast cancer and race/ethnicity-associated disparities in breast cancer. Written by experts in the field, Ductal Carcinoma In Situ and Microinvasive/Borderline Breast Cancer is a comprehensive, state-of-the art review of the field, and serves as a valuable resource for clinicians, surgeons and researchers with an interest in breast cancer.
- 2015 SpringerTulandi, T.Comprised exclusively of clinical cases covering ectopic pregnancy, this concise, practical casebook will provide clinicians in reproductive medicine and obstetrics/gynecology with the best real-world strategies to properly diagnose and treat the various forms of the condition they may encounter. Each chapter is a case that opens with a unique clinical presentation, followed by a description of the diagnosis, assessment and management techniques used to treat it, as well as the case outcome and clinical pearls and pitfalls. Cases included illustrate different management strategies ? from treatment with methotrexate to surgical interventions ? as well as types of ectopic pregnancy, such as ovarian, interstitial, heterotopic and abdominal forms, among others. Pragmatic and reader-friendly, Ectopic Pregnancy: A Clinical Casebook will be an excellent resource for reproductive medicine specialists, obstetricians and gynecologists, and family and emergency medicine physicians alike.
- 2009 SpringerMarcus, Dawn A.; Bain, Philip A.Understanding migraine and pregnancy -- Safety rating systems for drugs used in pregnancy and lactation -- Non-pharmacological headache treatments -- Acute treatment options for the pregnant headache patient -- Acute treatment options for the lactating headache patient -- Preventive treatment options for the pregnant headache patient -- Preventive treatment options for the lactating headache patient -- Urgent care/emergency treatment of the acute, severe headache in pregnant and lactating patients -- Work-up for headache during pregnancy and lactation -- Patient headache resources.
- 2012 OvidEmans, S. Jean Herriot; Laufer, Marc R."Completely updated and expanded, 'Emans, Laufer, and Goldstein's Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology', Sixth Edition, covers the medical and surgical approaches to common pediatric and adolescent clinical problems. The book discusses the importance of the history and physical examination and the physiology of puberty and its associated disorders and complications"--Provided by publisher.
- 2011 SpringerKaye, Stanley B.Systemic Therapy for Ovarian Cancer, Current Treatment, Recent Advances, and Unmet Needs / Susana Banerjee, Michael A. Bookman, and Martin Gore -- Discovery of Novel Targets / John Farley and Michael J. Birrer -- Novel Anti-angiogenic Therapies in Ovarian Cancer / Jurjees Hasan and Gordon Jayson -- Targeting the AKT Pathway in Ovarian Cancer / Euan A. Stronach ... [et al.] -- Inhibition of the Src Oncogene : Therapeutic Potential in Ovarian Carcinoma / Liz Y. Han and Anil K. Sood -- Tumour-Specific Synthetic Lethality : Targeting BRCA Dysfunction in Ovarian Cancer / Timothy A. Yap ... [et al.] -- Targeting Inflammatory Pathways in Epithelial Ovarian Cancer / Jermaine Coward and Frances Balkwill -- Epithelial-to-Mesenchymal Transition and Cellular Membrane Receptors in Ovarian Cancer : Moving Forward in the Era of Molecularly Targeted Therapy / Lainie P. Martin, Julia J. Perkins, and Russell J. Schilder -- Epigenetic Therapies / Robert Brown, Nadine Chapman-Rothe, and Ros Glasspool -- Ovarian Cancer Immunology and Immunotherapy / Sadaf Ghaem-Maghami and Martin Gore -- Ovarian Cancer Progenitor/Stem Cells: Therapeutic Potential / Susan K. Murphy and Andrew Berchuck -- Potential for α-Folate Receptor-Targeted Treatment for Ovarian Cancer / Chau H.M. Ng and Ann L. Jackman -- New Insights into Tubulin Binders / Carles Escriu and James D. Brenton.
- 2008 KargerJiménez-Ayala, Matías; Jiménez-Ayala Portillo, Beatriz.Current status of the prevention and early diagnosis of endometrial adenocarcinoma -- The value of endometrial cytology -- Techniques of endometrial cytology -- Techniques of endometrial histopathology -- New techniques for the diagnosis of endometrial pathology -- Cytology of the normal endometrium - cycling and postmenopausal -- Benign endometrial lesions -- Cytopathology of endometrial hyperplasias -- Cytopathology of endometrial adenocarcinoma -- Cytopathology of the non-epithelial malignant tumors of the uterine corpus.
- 2014 SpringerHarada, Tasuku.Endometriosis is one of the most common gynecological diseases, causingpelvic pain, infertility, and cancer. The condition reduces the quality of life for the estimated 10% of menstruating women who are affected by it. This book provides a clear insight intothe pathogenesis and pathophysiology of endometriosis-essentialinformation forcliniciansintending to successfully treat the condition. The first part covers a range of topics including stem cells, NK cells, macrophages, inflammation, cytokines, epigenetics, prostaglandin, sex steroids, aromatase, apoptosis, nerve fibers, and malignant transformation to aid in understanding the pathogenesis and pathophysiology of the disease. The second part provides useful tools for therapy, specifically, notable recent techniques in prevention, imaging, biomarkers, medical treatments, surgical treatments, prevention of recurrence, and infertility treatments. Each chapter was written by an expert in the field, with nearly 40 researchers and clinicians contributing to the work. This book will be highly useful to clinicians as well as to research scientists who are interested in this enigmatic disease.
- 2015 SpringerCapogna, Giorgio.This book offers an in-depth examination of labor pain and analgesia with the aim of promoting natural childbirth without pain. All aspects of the subject are covered, including the latest techniques of delivering labor analgesia. Importantly, emphasis is placed on a holistic approach, detailed attention being paid to the humanization of childbirth and behavioral aspects in addition to evidence-based medicine. Potential future developments are also addressed, with discussion of opportunities that have yet to be realized. In order to ensure that the text is easily readable for trainees as well as established practitioners, chapters have been restricted to a manageable length and information is presented clearly and succinctly. Step-by-step tutorials and boxes highlighting practical points are used to clarify technical aspects. The authors include both well-established experts and young emerging professionals from various European countries, ensuring an intercultural perspective.
- 2013 ClinicalKeyArulkumaran, Sabaratnam; Symonds, E. M.; Symonds, Ian M.Anatomy of the female pelvis / Caroline de Costa -- Conception and nidation / Roger Pepperell -- Physiological changes in pregnancy / Fiona Broughton Pipkin -- Placental and fetal growth and development / E. Malcolm Symonds -- Perinatal and maternal mortality / Boon H. Lim -- History taking and examination in obstetrics / Edwin Chandraharan -- Normal pregnancy and antenatal care / Shaylee Iles -- Obstetric disorders / Henry G. Murray -- Maternal medicine / Suzanne V.F. Wallace, Henry G. Murray and David James -- Assessment of fetal wellbeing / David James and Suzanne V.F. Wallace -- Management of labour / Sabaratnam Arulkumaran -- Management of delivery / Aldo Vacca -- Postpartum problems / Shankari Arulkumaran -- Psychiatric disorders of childbirth / Margaret R. Oates -- Basic clinical skills in gynaecology / Ian M. Symonds -- Gynaecological disorders / Ian S. Fraser -- Infertility / William Ledger -- Early pregnancy care / Ian M. Symonds -- Sexual and reproductive health / Roger Pepperell -- Gynaecological oncology / Hextan Y.S. Ngan and Karen Chan -- Prolapse and disorders of the urinary tract / Ajay Rane and Jay Iyer.
- 2007 SpringerMoinfar, Farid.The Normal Breast -- Specimen Processing -- Fibrocystic Change and Duct Ectasia -- Adenosis -- Intraductal Proliferative Lesions -- Intraductal Papillary Neoplasms -- Lobular Intraepithelial Neoplasia (LIN) -- Infiltrating Ductal Carcinoma (NOS Type) -- Invasive Lobular Carcinoma (ILC) -- Special Types of Breast Carcinomas -- Biphasic Tumors -- Disease of the Nipple -- Male Breast Lesions -- Mesenchymal Lesions/Tumors -- Myoepithelial Lesions/Neoplasms -- Miscellaneous Lesions -- Cytopathology of Benign and Malignant Lesions (Selected Topics) -- Immunohistochemistry (Selected Topics).
- 2005 SpringerBergemann, Niels; Riecher-Rössler, Anita.
- 2008 ClinicalKeyRatcliffe, Stephen D.Whether you offer comprehensive pregnancy care in your primary care facility, or provide prenatal and postpartum care, this book delivers the guidance you need to optimize health for both mothers and their babies. It covers all aspects of birth care, from preconception counseling and prenatal care, through labor and delivery (both low-risk and complicated), to postpartum care and the first month of life. The completely revised third edition includes the most up-to- date, evidence-based standards of care. It offers information that is patient centered, prevention oriented, educational, and sensitive to the care of the whole woman and her family. Features a reader-friendly outline/narrative format for ease of use in daily clinical practice. Describes how to care for patients with a wide range of medical conditions during pregnancy as well as pregnancy-related conditions. Takes a whole-family approach to maternity care, with discussions of maternal and paternal adjustment, marital adjustment, sibling adjustment, single-parent families, and return-to-work issues. Provides patient and family education materials on a full range of topics, from nutrition in pregnancy to breastfeeding. Features a section on alternative medicine in maternity care. Provides detailed instruction for a wide array of procedures, including cesarean delivery, perineal repair of simple and complex lacerations, circumcision, assisted deliveries, and amnioinfusion.
- 2015 SpringerGrimbizis, Grigoris F.Part 1: basics -- 1. Normal embryological development of the female genital tract -- 2. Pathogenesis and aetiology of female genital malformations -- 3. Implantation in women with uterine congenital malformations -- 4. Classification of female genital malformations.-Part 2: Screening and diagnosis of female genital malformations -- 5. Hysterosalpingography -- 6. 2D Ultrasound and sonohysterography for the diagnosis of Female Genital Anomalies -- 7. 3D Ultrasound -- 8. Magnetic resonance imaging for the Diagnosis of Female Genital Anomalies -- 9. Diagnosis of Uterine Congenital Anomalies: Endoscopy -- 10. Current Work-Up for Screening And Diagnosing Female Genital Malformations -- Part 3: Clinical implications of the female genital malformations -- 11. Prevalence in the general and selected populations -- 12. Health problems related to female genital malformations: obstructive and complex anomalies -- 13. Fertility in women with uterine anomalies -- 14. Pregnancy outcome in women with uterine anomalies -- 15. Cervical Weakness in women who have uterine anomalies: Impact on pregnancy outcomes.- Part 4: Treatment of vaginal aplasia / techniques and results -- 16. Frank dilators -- 17. Vulvo-Perineoplasty Creatsas Vaginoplasty -- 18. Neovagina formation with expansion of vaginal vault -- 19. Neovagina formation with the use of peritoneum -- 20. Neovagina formation with the use of bowel -- 21. Vaginal Aplasia: Critical Overview of Available Treatment Options -- Part 5: Treatment of obstructive anomalies -- 22. Vaginal septae and imperforate hymen -- 23. Treatment of Obstructing Anomalies: Cervical aplasia -- 24. Treatment of Patients with Non-communicating Horns with Cavity -- Part 6: Treatment of uterine malformations -- 25. T-shaped uterus -- 26. Septum resection: Techniques and Post-Treatment Reproductive Performance -- 27. Bicorporeal uterus: treatment options -- 28. Bicorporeal Uterus: Laparoscopic Metroplasty -- Part 7: Disorders of sex development -- 29. Disorders of Sex Development: Classification and Treatment.
- Female pelvic floor : function, dysfunction, and management according to the integral theory. 2nd ed.2007 SpringerPetros, Peter.Overview -- Anatomy and dynamics of pelvic floor function and dysfunction -- Diagnosis of connective tissue damage -- Reconstructive pelvic floor surgery according to the integral theory -- Pelvic floor rehabilitation -- Mapping the dynamics of connective tissue dysfunction -- Current and emerging research issues -- Conclusion -- Patient questionnaires and other diagnostic resource tools.
- Female pelvic floor : function, dysfunction, and management according to the integral theory. 3rd ed.2010 SpringerPetros, Peter.The Anatomy and Dynamics of Pelvic Floor Function and Dysfunction -- Diagnosis of Connective Tissue Damage -- Reconstructive Pelvic Floor Surgery According to the Integral Theory -- Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation according to the Integral Theory Towards a More Time Efficient Method for Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation and With a Wider Symptom Scope -- Mapping the Dynamics of Connective Tissue Dysfunction -- Current and Emerging Research Issues -- Appendix 1. Patient Questionnaires and Other Diagnostic Resource Tools -- Appendix 2. References and Further Reading -- Appendix 3. Patient Information.
- 2015 SpringerFiroozi, Farzeen.Female Pelvic Surgery provides a comprehensive, state-of-the-art surgical review of this field and will serve as a valuable resource for clinicians and surgeons. The text reviews the basic indications for treatment and details the many surgical approaches to the management of all pelvic floor disorders. In addition to step-by-step description in text, the volume provides illustrations/photographs of surgical techniques. Integration of surgical methods demonstrating the major repairs described in each section augment the textbook and serve as the tool for the education of clinicians and surgeons. Female Pelvic Surgery provides a concise and comprehensive review of all the surgical approaches to female pelvic surgery and thus it will serve as an extremely useful resource for physicians dealing with and interested in the treatment of pelvic floor disorders.
- Accelerated partial breast irradiation : techniques and clinical implementation — Female pelvic surgery (100)
- Female puberty : a comprehensive guide for clinicians — Oncoplastic breast surgery : a guide to clinical practice. [1st ed.] (100)
- Outpatient breast clinic : aiming at best practice — Williams obstetrics. 24th edition. (89)
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Access restricted to Stanford community
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
Can't find it?
Look if we have it in print
- Springer Protocols
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
A repository of medical knowledge from internal medicine, cardiology, genetics, pharmacy, diagnosis and management, basic sciences, patient care, and more.
Continuously expanding, all databases in the repository contain the latest editions of selected medical titles.MicroMedex: Premier pharmaceutical information source containing multiple databases and drug reference tools. Of particular value is DRUGDEX Evaluations, one of the most comprehensive drug sources available.DynaMed is a clinical information resource used by physicians to answer clinical questions quickly and easily at the point of care. Topics are updated daily as new evidence becomes available.Scopus is the largest abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature: scientific journals, books and conference proceedings.A drug information resource containing: American Hospital Formulary System (AHFS), drug formulary for Lucile Packard Children's Hospital (LPCH) and Stanford Hospital & Clinics (SHC), Lexi-Drugs (adverse reactions, dosage and administration, mechanism of action, storage, use, and administration information), Lexi-Calc, Lexi-ID, Lexi-I.V. Compatibility (King Guide), Lexi-Interact, and Lexi-PALS.Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature (CINAHL) contains coverage of nursing and allied health literature.A knowledge database that provides access to topic reviews based on over 6000 clinically relevant articles. The evidence-based content, updated regularly, provides the latest practice guidelines in 59 medical specialtiesProvides critical assessments of systematic reviews compiled from a variety of medical journals.Selects from the biomedical literature original studies and systematic reviews that are immediately clinically relevant and then summarizes these articles in an enhanced abstract with expert commentary.
Multidisciplinary coverage of over 10,000 high-impact journals in the sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities, as well as international proceedings coverage for over 120,000 conferences.
Includes cited reference searching, citation maps, and an analyze tool.
Features systematic reviews that summarize the effects of interventions and makes a determination whether the intervention is efficacious or not.
Cochrane reviews are created through a strict process of compiling and analyzing data from multiple randomized control trials to ensure comprehensiveness and reliability.Provides systematic coverage of the psychological literature from the 1800s to the present through articles, book chapters and dissertations.BMJ Clinical Evidence. A clinical information tool built around systematic reviews summarizing the current state of knowledge about prevention and treatment of clinical conditions.PIER (Physicians' Information and Education Resource) is a Web-based decision-support tool designed for rapid point-of-care delivery of up-to-date, evidence-based guidance for primary care physicians.Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials (CENTRAL) provides access to 300,000 controlled trials that have been identified the Cochrane Collaboration.Provides drug information targeted for patients.A continually updating drug monograph.The National Guideline Clearinghouse (NGC): A comprehensive database of evidence-based clinical practice guidelines and related documents.MedlinePlus: A repository of health information from the National Library of Medicine. Links are from trusted sites. No advertising, no endorsement of commercial companies or productsLPCH CareNotes via MicroMedex: Patient education handouts customized by LPCH clinical staffMicromedex Lab Advisor: Evidence based laboratory test informationA drug database organized by generic name, trade name and drug class.LPCH / Stanford Hospital Formulary.A goldmine of trusted consumer health information from the world's largest medical library.A trusted source of expert advice for and about kids, providing the information necessary to help patients and parents understand their unique needs.Provides patient handouts from the American Academy of Family Physician.Access to the Stanford Health Library for patients.Lane provides access to over 5,000 eBooks many of which provide helpful background material that will prepare you to better tackle primary literature.
Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities.
In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.A collection of biomedical books that can be searched directly by concept, and linked to terms in PubMed abstracts.
A web-based, decision support system for infectious diseases, epidemiology, microbiology and antimicrobial chemotherapy. The database, updated weekly, currently includes 337 diseases, 224 countries, 1,147 microbial taxa and 306 antibacterial (-fungal, -parasitic, -viral) agents and vaccines.
Over 10,000 notes outline the status of specific infections within each country.
Provides online, full-text access to Springer's journal titles as well as journals from other publishers.
Subjects include: life sciences, chemical sciences, environmental sciences, geosciences, computer science, mathematics, medicine, physics and astronomy, engineering and economics. Also includes eBooks.Collection of over 8 thousand fulltext titles in engineering, math, and basic and applied biomedical research. Coverage is from 1967 to the present.A library of ebooks on a wide array of topics, digitized and made available online in conjunction with the original publishers.