Books by Subject
Obstetrics and GynecologyAccess restricted to Stanford unless otherwise noted
- Acute abdomen during pregnancy 2014, SpringerPart I. Surgery -- 1. Acute Appendicitis -- 2. Acute Biliary Tract Diseases -- 3. Acute Pancreatitis -- 4. Nontraumatic Gastroduodenal Perforations -- 5. Symptomatic Abdominal Wall Hernias -- 6. Symptomatic Diaphragmatic Hernia -- 7. Intestinal Obstruction -- 8. Acute Inflammatory Bowel Disease -- 9. Spleen -- 10. Abdominal Trauma -- 11. Miscellaneous Conditions -- Part II. Gynecology -- 12. Adnexal Torsion -- 13. (Isolated) Torsion of the Fallopian Tube -- 14. Ruptured/Bleeding Ovarian Cysts/Tumors -- 15. Ruptured Ectopic Pregnancy -- 16. Spontaneous Uterine Rupture -- 17. Torsion of the Gravid Uterus -- 18. Degenerating Uterine Myomas -- 19. Pelvic Inflammatory Disease and Tubo-ovarian Abscess.
- Advances in diagnosis and management of ovarian cancer 2014, SpringerThis volume is an up-to-date resource on the international state-of-the-art in the diagnosis and management of ovarian cancer. While this devastating disease has been considered mainly a disease of the Western hemisphere, the book moves beyond our conventional understanding and embraces knowledge from around the world. It focuses on recent advances in diagnosis, including genetic screening; improvements and expanded choices in management, such as gene therapy and the optimization of chemotherapeutic agents; and the latest laparoscopic and robotic surgical techniques. Further chapters address histopathologic features of this disease, and related psychosocial and quality of-life-issues. The book is aimed at the wide range of practitioners who care for patients with ovarian cancer and researchers who study the disease: general surgeons, surgical oncologists, gynecological oncologists, medical oncologists, pediatric oncologists, gynecological pathologists, gynecologists, gynecological cancer epidemiologists, gynecological onco-psychologist, genetic counselors, geneticists, and cancer research scientists.
- Advances in fetal and neonatal physiology proceedings of the Center for Perinatal Biology 40th Anniversary Symposium 2014, Springer"To celebrate the Center for Perinatal Biology's 40th Anniversary, an illustrious group gathered at Loma Linda University in February 2013. That gathering of experts and this volume of the proceedings are a tribute to the founder of the Center, Lawrence D. Longo, M.D. These chapters present contributions from individuals who in some way or another were influenced by Dr. Longo. Covering a wide range of topics, and illustrating the diversity of thinking and scientific interests, these proceedings address basic science through to clinical problems in the developmental programming of health and disease"--Publisher's description.
- Advances in ovarian cancer management 2012, Future MedAdvances in ovarian cancer management / Peter E. Schwartz -- Etiology and overview / Gang Ye, Stefanie Bernaudo & Chun Peng -- Diagnostic imaging in the management of ovarian masses / Amit Mahajan, Indukala Doddamane & Shirley McCarthy -- Initial surgical management of ovarian cancer / Jason Knight & Peter G. Rose -- Initial chemotherapy for the treatment of ovarian cancer / Katherine M. Moxley & Robert S. Mannel -- Neoadjuvant chemotherapy in the management of advanced ovarian cancer / Peter E. Schwartz -- Intraperitoneal chemotherapy : its use in epithelial ovarian cancer / Neesha Dhani & Helen Mackay -- Chemotherapeutic management of recurrent ovarian cancer / Marcia Hall -- Emerging chemotherapy agents in ovarian cancer / Daliah Tsoref & Amit M. Oza -- Surgical management of recurrent ovarian cancer / Eelco de Bree -- Angiogenesis in ovarian cancer / Vincent Castonguay & Amit M. Oza -- Antigen-specific immunotherapy for ovarian cancer / Dana M. Roque & Alessandro D. Santin -- Poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase inhibitors and epithelial ovarian cancer -- Thomas P. McNally, Gillianne G.Y. Lai & Richard T. Penson -- Emerging targeted therapies / Mirko Marabese & Massimo Broggini -- Palliative care in ovarian cancer / Cynthia O'Sullivan, Elizabeth Ercolano & Ruth McCorkle -- Guidelines in ovarian cancer / Domenica Lorusso, Antonella Pietragalla & Giovanni Scambia -- Index.
- Advances in reconstructive vaginal surgery 2007, Ovid
- Amenorrhea a case-based, clinical guide 2010, SpringerAmenorrhea: A Case-Based Clinical Guide is a comprehensive review of the current knowledge regarding normal female reproductive physiology. Replete with interesting case vignettes and providing diagnostic algorithms and therapeutic strategies for amenorrhea, Amenorrhea: A Case-Based Clinical Guide is divided into three sections. The first section is composed of two chapters that provide a thorough review of basic science and clinical knowledge about the organ systems responsible for normal physiology of the menstrual cycle. The second section includes discussion about menstrual cycle disruption as it relates to hypothalamic-pituitary dysfunction, surgical and natural menopause, genetic defects, premature ovarian failure/insufficiency and the effects of caloric excess and restriction. The third section offers an update on the physiological effects of prolonged amenorrhea induced surgically or by hypothalamic dysfunction and also includes an original chapter that focuses solely on the impact of race and ethnicity on the prevalence and diagnosis of amenorrhea. Amenorrhea: A Case-Based Clinical Guide brings together chapters from renowned experts who offer state-of-the-art, clinically useful information in a case-based, reader-friendly fashion. This title will be a welcome addition to the bookshelves of all clinicians who practice in women's health settings.
- Anatomic study of the clitoris and the bulbo-clitoral organ 2014, Springer"This eagerly awaited book offers a unique, comprehensive scientific study of the anatomy of the organ of female sexual pleasure. The authors use macroscopic and microscopic research to guide the reader from the glans, the visible part of the clitoris, where they explore the impressive sensory corpuscles, to the hidden roots of the bulbo-clitoral organ. They show its complexity, its exact location within the external genitalia and its intimate relationship with the urethro-vaginal pyramid. They also remind us that throughout history there has been a failure to understand this organ, and explain that this misunderstanding remains the cause of persistent excisions, criminal mutilating practices that have not yet been eradicated. Using extensive iconography, they demonstrate throughout this book that the bulbo-clitoral organ is an exceptional natural treasure that every woman possesses and that every man should know well."--Publisher's website.
- Androgen excess disorders in women polycystic ovary syndrome and other disorders. 2nd ed. 2006, SpringerA brief history of androgen excess / Ricardo Azziz -- Ovarian and adrenal androgen biosynthesis and metabolism / Walter L. Miller, David H. Geller, and Mitchell Rosen -- Androgens throughout the life of women / C. Richard Parker, Jr. -- Physiological effects of androgens in women / T. Keta Hodgson and Glenn D. Braunstein -- Androgen measurements: methods, interpretation, and limitations / Frank Z. Stanczyk -- Androgen-secreting adrenal and ovarian neoplasms / Michel Pugeat ... [et al.] -- Cushing's syndrome, acromegaly, and androgen excess / Anne-Céline Reyss and Didier Dewailly -- The nonclassic adrenal hyperplasias / Didier Dewailly and Ricardo Azziz -- Pregnancy-related androgen excess / Howard D. McClamrock -- Drug-induced hyperandrogenism / Barbara Neraud and Didier Dewailly -- Severe insulin-resistant hyperandrogenic syndromes / David E. Moller, Antonio Vidal-Puig, and Ricardo Azziz -- Idiopathic hirutism / Enrico Carmina -- Definition and epidemiology of the polycystic ovary syndrome / Ricardo Azziz -- Clinical features of the polycystic ovary syndrome / Walter Futterweit, Evanthia Diamanti-Kandarakis, and Ricardo Azziz -- Biochemical features of the polycystic ovary syndrome / Adam H. Balen -- Ovarian histology, morphology, and ultrasonography in the polycystic ovary syndrome / Sophie Jonard ... [et al.] --Hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadtrophic dysfunction in the polycystic ovary syndrome / R. Jeffrey Chang and Rinku V. Mehta -- Ovarian steroidogenic abnormalities in the polycystic ovary syndrome / Denis A. Magoffin -- Hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal dysfunction in the polycystic ovary syndrome / Bulent O. Yildiz, Enrico Carmina, and Ricardo Azziz -- The genetic basis of the polycystic ovary syndrome / Mark O. Goodarzi -- Pediatric hyperandrogenism and the polycystic ovary syndrome in adolescence / Kathleen M. Hoeger -- Environmental factors in the polycystic ovary syndrome / Marie-France Hivert and Jean-Patrice Baillargeon -- Animal models and fetal programming of the polycystic ovary syndrome / David H. Abbott ... [et al.] -- Insulin resistance and hyperinsulinism in the polycystic ovary syndrome / Paulina A. Essah and John E. Nestler -- The endocrine impact of obesity and body habitus in the polycystic ovary syndrome / Renato Pasquali and Alessandra Gambineri -- Molecular mechanisms of insulin resistance in the polycystic ovary syndrome / Theodore P. Ciaraldi -- Menstrual dysfunction and endometrial neoplasia in the polycystic ovary syndrome / Abdulkadir Wagley and Paul Hardiman -- Beta-cell dysfunction, glucose intolerance, and diabetes in the polycystic ovary syndrome / David A. Ehrmann -- Hypertension and cardiovascular and lipoprotein abnormalities in the polycystic ovary syndrome / Francesco Orio and Stefano Palomba --Reproductive and obstetrical consequences of the polycystic ovary syndrome / Mary C. Johnson and Richard S. Legro -- Psychosocial and quality-of-life consequences of androgen excess and the polycystic ovary syndrome / Onno E. Janssen, Susanne Hahn, and Sigrid Elsenbruch -- Overview of long-term morbidity and economic cost of the polycystic ovary syndrome / Ricardo Azziz -- Clinical and hormonal evaluation of androgen excess / Ricardo Azziz -- Ovarian suppression and treatment of hirsutism / Paolo Moghetti -- Polycystic ovary syndrome and ovulation induction / Bulent O. Yildiz and Ricardo Azziz -- In vitro fertilization for the polycystic ovary syndrome / Hanadi Ba-Akdah ... [et al.] -- Surgical management of the polycystic ovary syndrome / Adam H. Balen -- Use of insulin sensitizers in the polycystic ovary syndrome / Kai I. Cheang and John E. Nestler -- Weight reduction and lifestyle modification in the treatment of androgen excess / Manny Noakes ... [et al.].
- Aromatase inhibitors. 2nd rev. ed. 2008, Springer
- Atlas of breast surgery 2006, Springer
- Atlas of endometrial histopathology. 3rd ed. 2010, SpringerTechnical Remarks -- Normal Endometrium -- Metaplastic Changes -- Circulatory Disturbances -- Functional Disturbances -- Iatrogenic Changes -- Endometritis -- Neoplasms -- Gestational Changes.
- Atlas of gynecologic oncology imaging 2014, SpringerThis book provides a comprehensive visual review of pathologic disease variations of the five main types of gynecologic cancers: ovarian, endometrial, cervical, vaginal, and vulvar. Through the use of cross-sectional imaging modalities, including computed tomography, magnetic resonance imaging, ultrasound, and positron emission tomography, it depicts normal anatomy as well as common gynecological tumors. For each type of cancer, aspects such as primary staging, recurrence patterns, and findings from different yet complementary imaging modalities are explored. Atlas of Gynecologic Oncology Imaging presents a coherent perspective of the roles of standard and cutting-edge imaging techniques in gynecologic oncology via a multidisciplinary approach to cancer care. Featuring over 600 images, this book is a valuable resource for diagnostic radiologists, radiation oncologists, and gynecologists.
- Atlas of gynecologic surgical pathology. Third edition [3rd ed.] 2014, ClinicalKeyRapidly and accurately identify gynecologic tumors and related lesions with the updated Atlas of Gynecologic Surgical Pathology. Complete with hundreds of photographs, this medical reference book provides you with the know-how you need to perform state-of-the-art gynecologic diagnoses, right at your own microscope. Quickly and effortlessly find the essential information you need with summary tables, charts, and boxes throughout the text. Expedite reference with a consistent approach to every entity discussed, including definitions, clinical features, gross features, microscopic features, and differential diagnoses. Avoid diagnostic errors with comprehensive coverage of commonly encountered pitfalls.
- Atlas of Pelvic Anatomy and Gynecologic Surgery richly illustrates pelvic anatomy and surgical geography through full-color artwork, and step-by-step descriptions. Drs. Michael S. Baggish and Mickey Karram guide you through detailed anatomy and the full spectrum of surgical procedures, including new chapters on robotics, major complications of laparoscopic surgery, cosmetic gynecologic surgery, minimally invasive non-hysteroscopic endometrial ablation to keep you current in your field. Follow each procedure step by step through superb full-color illustrations with concise descriptions and detailed legends. See actual surgical procedures and realistic depictions of surgical geography thanks to color photographs of surgeries and pelvic cadaver anatomy.
- Atlas of pelvic floor ultrasound 2008, Springer
- Atlas of postmenopausal osteoporosis. 3rd ed. 2010, Springer
- Atlas of single-port, laparoscopy, and robotic surgery a practical approach in gynecology 2014, SpringerMinimally invasive surgery has become the standard treatment for many diseases and conditions. In the last decade, numerous studies have demonstrated that laparoscopic approaches have improved patients quality of life if compared with standard open procedures. Atlas of Single-Port, Laparoscopic, and Robotic Surgery serves as a guide in single-port, standard laparoscopy, and robotic surgery and shows how novel techniques, such as single-port laparoscopy and robotics, have recently evolved. The atlas illustrates the unique challenges that the new single-port surgery modality presents, including instruments crowding and articulation, and the advanced laparoscopic skills required to perform these procedures, such as the ability to move and control a flexible camera. It also illustrates how to efficiently and safely utilize the robot to perform most gynecologic procedures. This exceptional resource provides students, residents, fellows, operating room personnel, and practicing gynecologic surgeons with invaluable information about instrumentation, surgical technique, port systems, and the current research and development in robotics.
- Atlas of staging in gynecological cancer 2008, Springer
- Berek & Novak's Gynecology. 14th ed. 2007, Ovid
- Berek & Novak's Gynecology. 15th ed. 2012, Ovid"Berek and Novak's Gynecology is the gold standard text in general gynecology serving both as a comprehensive reference and a practical, clinically-oriented text. This reference is not only a must-have product for residents in training, but it offers information for the practicing physician. The book covers the entire spectrum of women's healthcare by offering guidance for the management of specific gynecologic conditions in eight sections. The first two sections cover principles of practice and initial assessment and the relevant basic science. The third section is on preventive and primary care for women, and the remaining five sections are directed at methods of diagnosis and management in general gynecology, operative general gynecology, urogynecology and pelvic reconstructive surgery, reproductive endocrinology, and gynecologic oncology"--Provided by publisher.
- Biennial review of infertility. Volume 3 v. 3, 2013, SpringerPart I: Male Infertility -- 1. Supplements to Enhance Male Fertility / Peter N. Schlegel -- 2. Poor Quality Ejaculate Sperm: Do the Data Support the Use of Testis Sperm? / Robert D. Oates -- 3. The Aging Male and Impact on Offspring / Timothy G. Jenkins, Kenneth I. Aston, and Douglas T. Carrell -- 4. Testosterone Replacement Therapy in Men: Effects on Fertility and Health / Peter T.K. Chan -- Part II: Female Infertility -- 5. A Practical Approach to Recent Advancesin Ovarian Reserve Testing / Benjamin Leader and Valerie L. Baker -- 6. Maternal Age and Oocyte Aneuploidy: Lessons Learned from Trisomy 21 / Stephanie L. Sherman, Emily G. Allen, and Lora J.H. Bean1 -- 7. Fertility Preservation for Cancer Patients / Suneeta Senapati and Clarisa R. Gracia -- 8. Reproductive Surgery and Computer-Assisted Laparoscopy: The New Age of Subspecialty Surgery Is Here / Shane T. Lipskind and Antonio R. Gargiulo -- Part III: Assisted Reproduction Techniques -- 9. Advances in Systems for Embryo Culture / Roberta Maggiulli, Lisa Dovere, Filippo Ubaldi and Laura Rienzi -- 10. Patient-Tailored Approaches to Ovarian Stimulation in ART / Theodora C. van Tilborg, Frank J.M. Broekmans, Helen L. Torrance and Bart C. Fauser -- 11. Cryopreserved Oocyte Banking: Its Prospects and Promise / Kathryn J. Go, Zsolt Peter Nagy, and Ching-Chien Chang -- 12. Reproductive Tourism / Raphael Ron-El -- Part IV: Evolving Controversies in Contemporary Reproductive Medicine -- 13. Intrauterine Insemination: An Ineffective Treatment / Erica B. Johnstone and Jessie Dorais -- 14. IUI Is a Valuable and Cost-Effective Therapy for Most Couples / Lobke M. Moolenaar, Bradley J. Van Voorhis and Fulco van der Veens -- 15. Vitrification of Human Oocytes and Embryos: An Overview / Juergen Liebermann -- 16. Should We Eliminate Fresh Embryo Transfer from ART? / Daniel J. Kaser, Maria Assens, and Catherine Racowsky -- 17. ICSI Is a Revolutionary Treatment of Male Infertility That Should Be Employed Discriminately and Further Studied / Douglas T. Carrell -- 18. The Need for Long-Term Follow-Up of Children Conceived Through ICSI / Rachel Weinerman, Kurt T. Barnhart, and Suleena Kansal Kalra -- 19. Popularity of ICSI / Gianpiero D. Palermo, Queenie V. Neri, Trina Fields and Zev Rosenwaks -- Part V: Clinical Research Design -- Cohort Designs: Critical Considerations for Reproductive Health.
- Biologie und Epidemiologie der Hormonersatztherapie Diskussionen zur postmenopausalen Gesundheit = Biology and epidemiology of hormone replacement therapy : discussions on post-menopausal health 2006, SpringerIntroduction to the presentations / M.A. Lewis -- Zwischen Biologie und Kultur-das HRT-Dilemma: women between biology and civilization / A. Teichmann -- Probleme des Verantwortungsbegriffs im Spannungsfeld von Pharmaforschung and ärztlichem Handeln: issues with the term "responsibility" / H. Poser -- Epidemiology of selected diseases in women / L. Heinemann -- Pathogenesis of histological types of endometrial cancer / L.-C. Horn -- HRT und Karzinome des Ovars und Kolon: pathology of the colon and ovary / M. Dietel -- The progenitor cell concept of proliferative breast disease / W. Böcker -- Indication for HRT: climacteric complaints and osteoporosis / H.P.G. Schneider -- Hormonersatztherapie und kardiovaskuläre Erkrankungen: HRT and cardiovascular disease in women / E. Windler -- The million women study / O. Lidegaard -- Paradigm shift in causal thinking in epidemiology / S. Shapiro -- Rezeption und Kommunikation von Risiken: perception and communication of risk / K. Heilmann -- Some thoughts after the Kloster Andechs Workshop, August 2003 / U. Karck -- Menopause and the HRT risk-benefit equation: status and outlook -- Workshop consensus: the state of the evidence.
- Biomarkers in breast cancer molecular diagnostics for predicting and monitoring therapeutic effect 2006, SpringerGuidelines for the design of clinical studies for the development and validation of therapeutically relevant biomarkers and biomarker-based classification systems / Richard M. Simon -- Analytical aspects of biomarker immunoassays in cancer research / C. G. J. (Fred) Sweep, Chris M. G. Thomas and Manfred Schmitt -- Tissue microarrays: state-of-the-art, pitfalls, and promises / Chungyeul Kim and Soonmyung Paik -- Gene expression profiling with DNA microarrays / Michele De Bortoli and Nicoletta Biglia -- Assays for gene amplification / Chungyeul Kim, Yongkuk Song, and Soonmyung Paik -- Cell kinetics / Maria Grazia Daidone, Rosella Silvestrini, and Dino Amadori -- Urokinase-type plasminogen activator and PAI-1 / Michael J. Duffy -- Predictive value of c-erbb-2 for endocrine therapy and chemotherapy in breast cancer / Vered Stearns -- Erb-b-2 as a therapeutic target / Robert Mass -- The epidermal growth factor receptor pathway as a selective -- Molecular-targeting treatment in human breast cancer / Fortunato Ciardiello, Teresa Troiani, and Giampaolo Tortora -- P-53 as a prognostic and predictive indicator / Daniela Kandioler and Raimund Jakesz -- Occult metastatic cells in breast cancer patients / Stephan Braun, Julia Seeber, and Christian Marth -- Circulating HER-2/neu / Allan Lipton ... [et al.] -- Circulating vascular endothelial growth factor / Roberta Sarmiento ... [et al] -- Detection of early tumor dissemination in patients with breast cancer / Debra Hawes and Richard J. Cote -- New technologies/new markers/new challenges / Daniel F. Hayes and Giampietro Gasparini -- Index.
- Bladder pain syndrome a guide for clinicians 2013, SpringerHistorical Perspective / Philip M. Hanno M.D., M.P.H. -- Epidemiology / Mirja Ruutu M.D., Ph.D., F.E.B.U., Mikael Leppilahti MD, PhD -- Diagnostic Criteria, Classification and Nomenclature for Bladder Pain Syndrome / Joop P. van de Merwe MD, PhD, Jørgen Nordling MD, Dr.med.Sci, FEBU -- Part I: Pathophysiology -- Clinical Pathophysiology and Molecular Biology of the Urothelium and the GAG Layer / Gianfranco Tajana, Mauro Cervigni -- Mast Cell and Bladder Pain Syndrome / Kirsten Bouchelouche M.D., D.M.Sc., Pierre Bouchelouche M.D. -- Neurophysiology of Pelvic Pain Mechanisms / Jean-Jacques Wyndaele M.D., D.Sci., Ph.D., Silvia Malaguti M.D. -- Syndromes Associated with Bladder Pain Syndrome as Clues to its Pathogenesis / John W. Warren M.D., Joop P. van de Merwe M.D., Ph.D. -- Part II: Clinical Presentations -- Bladder Pain Syndrome: Clinical Presentation / John Hughes M.B.B.S., F.R.C.A., F.F.P.M.R.C.A. -- Pelvic Floor Dysfunction in Bladder Pain Syndrome / Mauro Cervigni M.D., Franca Natale M.D. -- Psychosocial Risk Factors and Patient Outcomes for Bladder Pain Syndrome / Dean A. Tripp Ph.D., J. Curtis Nickel M.D., F.R.C.S.C. -- Bladder Pain Syndrome and Sexuality / Jennifer Yonaitis Fariello M.S.N., C.R.N.P., Kristene E. Whitmore M.D. -- Part III: Diagnosis -- Symptoms of Bladder Pain Syndrome / John W. Warren M.D., Philip M. Hanno M.D., M.P.H. -- Clinical Evaluation and Diagnosis of Bladder Pain Syndrome / Jennifer Yonaitis Fariello M.S.N., C.R.N.P., Kristene E. Whitmore M.D. -- Urine Biomarkers and Bladder Pain Syndrome / Pierre Bouchelouche M.D., Kirsten Bouchelouche M.D., DMSc. -- Cystoscopy and Hydrodistension in the Diagnosis of Bladder Pain Syndrome / Andrey Zaytsev M.D., Ph.D., Magnus Fall M.D., Ph.D. -- Biopsy Retrieval, Tissue Handling, Morphology, and Histopathological Characteristics / Christina Kåbjörn-Gustafsson, Ralph Peeker -- Urodynamics in BPS / Paul P. Irwin M.Ch., F.R.C.S.I(Urol), Claus Riedl M.D. -- Complementary and Alternative Medical Treatments of Bladder Pain Syndrome / Z. Chad Baxter M.D., Helen R. Levey D.O., M.P.H. -- Diet and Its Role in Bladder Pain Syndrome and Comorbid Conditions / Justin I. Friedlander, Barbara Shorter, Robert M. Moldwin -- Physiotherapy / Amy Rejba Hoffmann M.S.N., Hina M. Sheth M.S., P.T., O.C.S., M.T.C. -- Oral Therapy for Bladder Pain Syndrome Directed at the Bladder / Philip M. Hanno M.D., M.P.H. -- Pain Treatment in Bladder Pain Syndrome / John Hughes M.B.B.S., F.R.C.A., F.F.P.M.R.C.A., Salma Mohammed M.B.B.S., F.R.C.A. -- Intravesical Therapy / Mauro Cervigni M.D., Arndt van Ophoven M.D., Ph.D. -- Hydrodistention, Transurethral Resection and Other Ablative Techniques in the Treatment of Bladder Pain Syndrome / Magnus Fall M.D., Ph.D., Jørgen Nordling M.D., Dr. Med. Sci., F.E.B.U., Ralph Peeker -- Botulinum Toxin Treatment in Bladder Pain Syndrome / Paul P. Irwin M.Ch., F.R.C.S.I. (Urol), Paulo Dinis Oliveria M.D., Ph.D. -- Neurostimulation for Bladder Pain Syndrome / Dominique El-Khawand M.D., Kristene E. Whitmore -- Bladder Augmentation, Urinary Diversion and Cystectomy in Patients with Bladder Pain Syndrome / Jørgen Nordling, Magnus Fall, Ralph Peeker -- Part V: Patient Perspective -- A Patient Perspective / Jane M. Meijlink BA Hons -- Exploratory Research on the Social Costs and Care for Patients with Bladder Pain Syndrome / Loredana Nasta, Simone Montagnoli, Maria Avolio.
- Blaustein's Pathology of the female genital tract. 6th ed. 2011, Springer
- Bleeding during pregnancy a comprehensive guide 2011, SpringerClinical Approach to Pregnancy-Related Bleeding -- Early Pregnancy Loss -- Ectopic Pregnancy -- Vaginal Bleeding and Gestational Trophoblastic Disease -- Gynecological Cancer During Pregnancy -- Vaginal Bleeding and Preterm Delivery -- Placental Abruption -- Placenta Previa and Placenta Accreta -- Vasa Previa -- Uterine Rupture -- Postpartum Hemorrhage -- Coagulopathy and Pregnancy -- Anesthesia and Intensive Care Management of Bleeding During Pregnancy.
- Burden of Breast and Gynecological Cancers in Low-Resource Countries -- Breast Cancer: Pathology, Cytology, and Core Needle Biopsy Methods for Diagnosis -- Gynecological Cancers: Pathology and Cytological Methods for Diagnosis of Gynecological Cancers -- Screening and Early Diagnosis of Breast Cancer: Proven Methodology and an Optimized Strategy for Developing Countries -- HPV and Cervical Cancer -- Screening for Cervical Cancer in Low-Resource Countries -- Ovarian Cancer Screening and Early Detection in Low- and Middle-Income Countries -- Endometrial Cancer: Risk Factors and Early Diagnosis in Low-Resource Countries -- Breast and Gynecologic Cancer Prevention in Low-Resource Countries -- Combined Screening for Breast and Gynecological Cancers Using Mobile Clinics: The Barretos Experience (Brazil) -- Cost-Effectiveness of Screening for and Early Diagnosis of Breast and Gynecological Cancers in Low-Income Countries -- Challenges for Breast and Gynecological Cancer Control by Early Detection in Less-Developed Countries -- Funding for Global Healthcare Intervention: Initiatives Aimed at Controlling Cancer in Women in Low-Resource Countries -- Coordinated Training on Early Detection and Diagnosis of Breast Cancer Across Different Levels of Health Workers: An Example from Peru -- Telemedicine in Cancer Control Programs in Developing Countries -- Breast Cancer Screening and Cervical Cancer Prevention in Developing Countries: Strategies for the Future -- Well Woman Clinic Concept: An Integrated Approach for Screening and Early Diagnosis of Breast and Gynecological Cancers in Developing Countries.
- Breast cancer risk reduction and early detection 2010, SpringerPart I. Prevention -- Risk Factors / Polly A. Newcomb and Karen J. Wernli -- Lifestyle Factors and Risk of Breast Cancer: A Review of Randomized Trial Findings / Garnet L. Anderson -- Breast Cancer Chemoprevention / Mary B. Daly -- Surgical Management of Inherited Susceptibility to Breast Cancer / Francis Freisinger and Susan M. Domchek -- Part II. Early Detection -- Clinical Breast Examination and Breast Self-Examination / William H. Goodson -- Mammography / Barbara C. Cavanaugh and Sorcha McNally -- Current Status and Future Prospects in Breast Carcinoma of Positron Emission Tomography / Sandip Basu, Joshua I. Rosenbaum and Abass Alavi -- Breast MRI / Barbara C. Cavanaugh and Sorcha McNally -- Genetic and Molecular Approaches to Imaging Breast Cancer / Eric Wickstrom and Mathew L. Thakur -- Intraductal Approaches: Nipple Aspirate Fluid to Assist in Breast Cancer Detection / Edward R. Sauter -- Intraductal Approaches: Mammary Ductoscopy and Ductal Lavage to Assist in the Diagnosis of Breast Cancer / William C. Dooley -- Blood Markers / Mark W. Duncan -- Circulating Tumor Cells in Breast Cancer / Michail Ignatiadis and Dimitris Mavroudis.
- The volume raises attention to the need of a completely new approach to breast cancer based on the knowledge collected on early breast cancer in the past two decades. The chapters are contributed by experts of all the fields participating in the clinical research and care of breast cancer. The practical importance of such a book is underlined by the increasing number of breast cancer cases, and also the increasing proportion of early stage-cases. The ultimate goal of the book is to point to the heterogeneous nature of the disease which is more striking and has more importance in care at the very early stages than at the more advanced stages. The book recommends the utilisation of all the information provided by multimodality imaging and special pathological methods, a new classification system and therapeutic guidelines since early breast cancers should not be treated based on experience obtained with palpable tumors. No similar book has been yet released to the market. The book is written for all the members of the team participating in the diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer (radiologists, pathologists, surgeons, clinical and radiation oncologists), but may be useful for medical students and residents too. The chapters are illustrated with didactic pictures, and special emphasis is given to provide a peep into the practice of the special procedures for the careful examination and individualized therapy of each case.
- Breast cancer-- a Lobar disease 2011, SpringerThe theory of the sick lobe states that breast carcinoma is a lobar disease developing most often within a single lobe, meaning that, at an early stage, breast carcinoma occupies a limited, anatomically well-defined portion of the breast. This theory unites observed patterns from the genetic, developmental and morphological perspectives, into an overall concept. "Breast Cancer: A Lobar Disease," presents this hypothesis and its consequences. The body of evidence, pro and contra, generated in recent years will be presented in this volume. The chapters, all authored by leading experts.
- Breast MRI diagnosis and intervention 2005, Springer
- Breast ultrasound 2013, SpringerDiagnosis of breast cancer: modern aspects -- Technique of breast ultrasound -- Ultrasound of the normal breast -- Ultrasound diagnosis of breast cancer -- Classification of breast masses -- Ultrasound features of different types of breast cancer -- Differential diagnosis of breast diseases -- Age-related changes in breast structure: breast ultrasound in children and adolescents -- Breast pathology in men -- Ultrasound examination of regional lymph nodes -- Ultrasound examination after breast surgery -- Recurrent breast cancer.
- Cancer and pregnancy 2008, Springer
- Cardiac drugs in pregnancy 2014, SpringerIn the western world, the risk of cardiovascular disease in pregnancy has grown due to the increasing age at the first pregnancy and the worldwide obesity epidemic leading to early diabetes and hypertension. As a result more women are requiring drug therapy during pregnancy and some data has shown an altered pharmacodynamic profile in pregnant women when compared to the non-pregnant population. Cardiac Drugs in Pregnancy presents up-to-date research for the treatment of cardiovascular disease during pregnancy, and discusses the most important indications of drug usage in pregnancy and postpartum. The book aims to assess the potential risk of drugs and their possible benefit against each other, making it an essential read for a wide range of health professionals involved in cardiac drug therapy in pregnancy.
- Caring for children born small for gestational age 2013, SpringerCare for Children Born Small for Gestational Age is a comprehensive handbook that serves to synthesize the extensive recent literature in the area to provide a practical resource aimed at a wide range of healthcare professionals, including obstetricians, midwives, neonatologists, and primary care physicians. This comprehensive handbook includes an in-depth survey of the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and long-term monitoring of children born small for gestational age, as well as related conditions such as intrauterine growth restriction, metabolic syndrome and type 2 diabetes. Additionally, the short and long-term psychiatric and social consequences of this condition are addressed.
- Chesley's Hypertensive disorders in pregnancy. 3rd ed. 2009, ScienceDirectIntroduction, history, controversies, and definitions / Marshall D. Lindheimer ... [et al.] -- The clinical spectrum of preeclampsia / F. Gary Cunningham, James M. Roberts and Marshall D. Lindheimer -- Epidemiology of pregnancy-related hypertension / Roberta B. Ness and James M. Roberts -- Genetic factors in the etiology of preeclampsia/eclampsia / Kenneth Ward and Marshall D. Lindheimer -- The placenta in normal pregnancy and preeclampsia / Susan J. Fisher, Michael McMaster and James M. Roberts -- Angiogenesis and preeclampsia / S. Ananth Karumanchi, Isaac E. Stillman and Marshall D. Lindheimer -- Metabolic syndrome and preeclampsia / Carl A. Hubel and James M. Roberts -- Immunology of normal pregnancy and preeclampsia / Christopher W.G. Redman, Ian L. Sargent, and James M. Roberts -- Endothelial cell dysfunction and oxidative stress / Robert N. Taylor, Sandra T. Davidge and James M. Roberts -- Animal models / Rocco C. Venuto and Marshall D. Lindheimer -- Tests to predict preeclampsia / Agustin Conde-Agudelo, Roberto Romero and Marshall D. Lindheimer --Prevention of preeclampsia and eclampsia / Baha M. Sibai and F. Gary Cunningham -- Cerebrovascular (patho)physiology in preeclampsia/eclampsia / Gerda G. Zeeman, Marilyn J. Cipolla and F. Gary Cunningham -- Cardiovascular alterations in normal and preeclamptic pregnancy / Judith U. Hibbard, Sanjeev G. Shroff and Marshall D. Lindheimer -- Normal and abnormal volume homeostasis / Friedrich C. Luft, Eileen D.M. Gallery and Marshall D. Lindheimer -- Agonistic autoantibody-mediated disease / Ralf Dechend, Friedrich C. Luft and Marshall D. Lindheimer -- The kidney in normal pregnancy and preeclampsia / Kirk P. Conrad, Lillian W. Gaber and Marshall D. Lindheimer -- Platelets, coagulation, and the liver / Louise Kenny, Philip N. Baker and F. Gary Cunningham -- Chronic hypertension and pregnancy / Phyllis August and Marshall D. Lindheimer -- Antihypertensive treatment / Jason G. Umans, Edgardo J. Abalos and Marshall D. Lindheimer -- Management / Kenneth J. Leveno and F. Gary Cunningham.
- From basic science to various anesthesia techniques to complications, the meticulously updated, fifth edition of Chestnut's Obstetric Anesthesia: Principles and Practice, covers all you need to know about obstetric anesthesia. An editorial team of leading authorities presents the latest on anesthesia techniques for labor and delivery and medical disorders that occur during pregnancy. New chapters and rewritten versions of key chapters cover topics such as psychiatric disorders in the pregnant patient, neurologic disorders, and critical care of obstetric patients. With online access to the full text, it is an invaluable, comprehensive reference textbook for specialists in obstetric anesthesiology and obstetricians, as well as anesthesiology and obstetric residents. This book also serves as a clear, user-friendly guide for both anesthesiologists and obstetricians who are in clinical practice. Emphasizes the treatment of the fetus and the mother as separate patients with distinct needs to ensure the application of modern principles of care. Delivers contributions from many leaders in the fields of obstetric anesthesia and maternal-fetal medicine from all over the world. Offers abundant figures, tables, and boxes that illustrate the step-by-step management of a full range of clinical scenarios. Presents key point summaries in each chapter for quick, convenient reference.
- Print Material
- Molecular biology for clinicians -- Hormone biosynthesis, metabolism, and mechanism of action -- The ovary-embryology and development -- The uterus -- Neuroendocrinology -- Regulation of the menstrual cycle -- Sperm and egg transport, fertilization, and implantation -- The endocrinology of pregnancy -- Normal and abnormal sexual development -- Normal and abnormal growth and pubertal development -- Amenorrhea -- Chronic anovulation and the polycystic ovary syndrome -- Hirsutism -- Menstrual disorders -- Abnormal uterine bleeding -- The breast -- Menopause and the perimenopausal transition -- Postmenopausal hormone therapy -- Obesity -- Reproduction and the thyroid -- Family planning, sterilization, and abortion -- Oral contraception -- Vaginal and transdermal estrogen-progestin contraception -- Long-acting methods of contraception -- Intrauterine contraception -- Barrier methods of contraception and withdrawal -- Female infertility -- Recurrent early pregnancy loss -- Endometriosis -- Male infertility -- Induction of ovulation -- Assisted reproductive technologies -- Ectopic pregnancy -- Appendix-I: Interpreting epidemiologic reports -- Appendix-II: Selected laboratory values and the international system of units (SI Units).
- Clinical gynecologic oncology. 8th ed. 2012, ScienceDirectPreinvasive disease of the cervix /William T. Creasman --Preinvasive disease of the vagina and vulva and related disorders /Joan L. Walker and Cara A. Mathews --Invasive cervical cancer /Krishnansu S. Tewari and Bradley J. Monk --Endometrial hyperplasia, estrogen therapy, and the prevention of endometrial cancer /Lisa M. Landrum, Rosemary E. Zuna, and Joan L. Walker --Adenocarcinoma of the uterine corpus /William T. Creasman and David Scott Miller --Sarcoma of the uterus /D. Scott McMeekin --Gestational trophoblastic disease /Emily M. Ko and John T. Soper --Invasive cancer of the vulva /Jeanne M. Schilder and Frederick B. Stehman --Invasive cancer of the vagina /Brian M. Slomovitz and Robert L. Coleman --The adnexal mass /D. Scott McMeekin, Robert Mannel, and Philip J. Disaia --Epithelial ovarian cancer /Eric L. Eisenhauer, Ritu Salani, and Larry J. Copeland --Germ cell, stromal, and other ovarian tumors /Michael A. Bidus, John C. Elkas, and G. Scott Rose --Fallopian tube cancer /Michael A. Bidus, G. Larry Maxwell, and G. Scott Rose --Breast diseases /Mary L. Gemignani --Cancer in pregnancy /Krishnansu S. Tewari --Complications of disease and therapy /Daniel L. Clarke-Pearson --Basic principles of chemotherapy /Christina S. Chu and Stephen C. Rubin --Targeted therapy and molecular genetics /Shannon N. Westin, Anil K. Sood, and Robert L. Coleman --Genes and cancer : genetic counseling and clinical management /David G. Mutch and Philip J. DiSaia --Palliative care and quality of life /Dana M Chase ... [et al.] --Role of minimally invasive surgery in gynecologic malignancies /Jeffrey M. Fowler, David E. Cohn, and Robert S. Mannel --Epidemiology of commonly used statistical terms and analysis of clinical studies /Wendy R. Brewster --Basic principles in gynecologic radiotherapy /Catheryn M. Yashar.
- Clinical management of vulvodynia tips and tricks 2011, SpringerEpidemiology of Vulvar Pain and its Sexual Comorbidities -- Vulvodynia -- What's Behind the Name? -- Vulvodynia and Dyspareunia -- How Should they be Addressed? -- Postpartum Dyspareunia and Vulvodynia -- What Women with Vulvodynia Complain of: Evaluation of Vulvar Pain -- How Vulvodynia Originates: the Pathophysiology of Vulvar Pain -- How to Make a Comprehensive Diagnosis of Vulvodynia and its Comorbidities -- How to Treat Vulvodynia.
- Clinical reproductive medicine and surgery 2007, ClinicalKeyOffers detailed discussion on both the medical and surgical management of reproductive disorders, as well as coverage of associated imaging modalities. Included are chapters on Reproductive Genetics, Management of Endometriosis (including interventional radiology), Ultrasonography and Sonohysterography, Preservation of Fertility, and Recurrent Pregnancy Loss.
- Color atlas of histopathology of the cervix uteri. 2nd ed. 2006, Springer
- Chapter 1: Epidemiology applied to colposcopy / Mark Schifman, Jose Jeronimo -- Chapter 2: Human papillomaviruses and mechanisms of oncogenesis / Ann Roman, Helena Spartz, Darron R. Brown -- Chapter 3: Human papillomavirus vaccine / Stanley A. Gall -- 4: Cytology -- 4.1 Terminology in cervical cytology: the Bethesda System / Diane Davis Davey -- 4.2 Conventional cytology / Peter A. Drew, Edward J. Wilkinson -- 4.3 Thin-Layer, liquid-based cytology / Juan Felix -- Chapter 5: Adjunctive testing -- 5.1 Human papillomavirus testing / Attila T. Lorincz -- 5.2 Cervical screening with In vivo and in vitro modalities: speculoscopy combined with cytology / Neal M. Lonky -- Chapter 6: Principles and technique of the colposcopic exam / Barbara S. Apgar, Georgory L. Brotzman, Mary M. Rubin -- Chapter 7: Normal transformation zone / Denis M. O'Connor -- Chapter 8: Angiogenesis of cervical neoplasia / Adolf Stafl -- Chapter 9: Abnormal transformation zone / Georgory L Brotzman, Barbara S. Apgar -- Chapter 10: Colposcopic assessment systems -- 10.1 Rubin and Barbo colposcopic assessment system / Mary M. Rubin, Dorothy M. Barbo -- 10.2 Reids colposcopic index / Richard I. Reid -- Chapter 11: Atypical squamous cells / Thomas C. Wright, Jr. -- Chapter 12: Low-grade squamous intraepithelial lesions / Alan G. Waxman -- Chapter 13: High-grade squamous intraepithelial lesions / L. Stuart Massad -- Chapter 14: Squamous cervical cancer / R. Kevin Reynolds -- Chapter 15: Cervical glandular disease: adenocarcinoma in situ and adenocarcinoma / V. Cecil Wright -- Chapter 16: Vagina: normal, premalignant, and malignant / Barbara S. Apgar, Gregory L. Brotzman -- Chapter 17: Non-neoplastic epithelial lesions of the vulva /Lynette J. Margesson -- Chapter 18: Vulvar intraepithelial neoplasia / Alex Ferenczy -- Chapter 19: External genital condyloma / Alex Ferenczy -- Chapter 20: Lower genital tract changes associated with in utero exposure to diethylstilbestrol / Raymond H. Kaufman -- Chapter 21: Colposcopy in pregnancy / David G. Weismiller -- Chapter 22: Human papillomavirus infections in adolescents / Anna-Barbara Moscicki -- Chapter 23: Anal disease / Teresa M. Darragh, J. Michael Berry, Naomi Jay. Joel M. Palefsky -- Chapter 24: Androscopy: examination of the male partner / John L. Pfenninger -- Chapter 25: Psychosocial aspects of colposcopy / Dennis J. Butler, Gregory L. Brotzman -- Chapter 26: Practical therapeutic options for treatment of cervical intraepithelial neoplasia / Mark Spitzer, Gregory L. Brotzman, Barbara S. Apgar -- Chapter 27: Colposcopy: pitfalls and tricks of the trade / Mark Spitzer.
- Combined estrogen-progestogen contraceptives and combined estrogen-progestogen menopausal therapy 2007, IARC
- Complications in gynecological surgery 2008, Springer
- Complications of Female Incontinence and Pelvic Reconstructive Surgery reviews the prevention, evaluation and management of complications arising from female pelvic surgery. Potential complications of both routine and specialized female pelvic procedures such as transvaginal slings, cystocele and rectocele repairs, urethral diverticulectomy, and transvaginal mesh repairs are reviewed. The chapters are divided by procedure allowing the reader to easily find what they are looking for. Images and figures of methods of evaluation and repair of these complications are included throughout. The volume is organized based on the specific types of surgeries performed and the user is able to look up the type of surgery performed and immediately find all of the potential complications and their treatments. This text will serve as a comprehensive guide and reference allowing the surgeon quick and ready access to information about the complications of female pelvic surgery.
- Comprehensive gynecology. 6th ed. 2013, MD ConsultBasic science -- Fertilization and embryogenesis: meiosis, fertilization, implantation, embryonic development, sexual differentiation -- Reproductive genetics: gene structure, mutation, molecular tools, types of inheritance, counseling issues, oncogenes -- Reproductive anatomy: gross and microscopic, clinical correlations -- Reproductive endocrinology: neuroendocrinology, gonadotropins, sex steroids, prostaglandins, ovulation, menstruation, hormone assay -- Evidence-based medicine and clinical epidemiology -- Medical-legal risk management -- Comprehensive evaluation of the female -- History, physical examination, and preventive health care: general, gynecologic, and psychosocial history and examination, health care maintenance, disease prevention -- The interaction of medical diseases and female physiology -- Emotional aspects of gynecology: depression, anxiety, PTSD, eating disorders, substance abuse, "difficult" patients, sexual function, rape, intimate partner violence, and grief -- Endoscopy: hysteroscopy and laparoscopy: indications, contraindications and complications -- General gynecology -- Congenital abnormalities of the female reproductive tract: anomalies of the vagina, cervix, uterus, and adnexa -- Pediatric and adolescent gynecology: gynecologic examination, infections, trauma, pelvic mass, precocious puberty -- Family planning: contraception, sterilization, and pregnancy termination -- Menopause and care of the mature woman: endocrinology, consequences of estrogen deficiency, effects of hormone replacement therapy, and treatment regimens -- Breast diseases: diagnosis and treatment of benign and malignant disease -- Spontaneous and recurrent abortion: etiology, diagnosis, treatment -- Ectopic pregnancy: etiology, pathology, diagnosis, management, fertility prognosis -- Benign gynecologic lesions: vulva, vagina, cervix, uterus, oviduct, ovary, ultrasound imaging of pelvic structures -- Endometriosis: etiology, pathology, diagnosis, management -- Anatomic defects of the abdominal wall and pelvic floor: abdominal and inguinal hernias, cystocele, urethrocele, enterocele, rectocele, uterine and vaginal prolapse: diagnosis and management -- Urogynecology: physiology of micturition, voiding dysfunction, urinary incontinence, urinary tract infections, and painful bladder syndrome -- Anal incontinence: diagnosis and management -- Infections of the lower and upper genital tracts: vulva, vagina, cervix, toxic shock syndrome, endometritis, and salpingitis -- Preoperative counseling and management: woman evaluation, informed consent, infection prophylaxis, and avoidance of complications -- Postoperative counseling and management: fever, respiratory, cardiovascular, thromboembolic, urinary tract, gastrointestinal, wound, and operative site complications; neurologic injury; psychological sequelae --Gynecologic oncology -- Molecular oncology in gynecologic cancer: immunologic response, cytokines, oncogenes, and tumor suppressor genes -- Principles of radiation therapy and chemotherapy in gynecologic cancer: basic principles, uses, and complications -- Intraepithelial neoplasia of the lower genital tract (cervix, vulva): etiology, screening, diagnostic techniques, management -- Malignant diseases of the cervix: microinvasive and invasive carcinoma: diagnosis and management -- Neoplastic diseases of the vulva: lichen sclerosus, intraepithelial neoplasia, Paget's disease, and carcinoma -- Malignant diseases of the vagina: intraepithelial neoplasia, carcinoma, sarcoma -- Neoplastic diseases of the uterus: endometrial hyperplasia, endometrial carcinoma, and sarcoma: diagnosis and management -- Neoplastic diseases of the ovary: screening, benign and malignant epithelial and germ cell neoplasms, sex-cord stromal tumors -- Fallopian tube and primary peritoneal cancer: causes, diagnosis, natural history, and treatment -- Gestational trophoblastic disease: hydatidiform mole, nonmetastatic and metastatic gestational trophoblastic tumor: diagnosis and management -- Reproductive endocrinology and infertility -- Primary and secondary dysmenorrhea, premenstrual syndrome, and premenstrual dysphoric disorder: etiology, diagnosis, management -- Abnormal uterine bleeding: ovulatory and anovulatory dysfunctional uterine bleeding: management of acute and chronic excessive bleeding -- Primary and secondary amenorrhea and precocious puberty: etiology, diagnostic evaluation, management -- Hyperprolactinemia, galactorrhea, and pituitary adenomas: etiology, differential diagnosis, natural history, management -- Hyperandrogenism: physiology, etiology, differential diagnosis, management -- Infertility: etiology, diagnostic evaluation, management, prognosis.
- Congenital abnormalities and preterm birth related to maternal illnesses during pregnancy 2010, SpringerThe Hungarian congenital abnormality registry (HCAR) -- Certain infectious and parasitic diseases -- Neoplasms -- Diseases of the blood and blood-forming organs -- Endocrine, nutritional and metabolic diseases -- Mental and behavioural disorders -- Diseases of the nervous system -- Diseases of the eye and adnexa -- Diseases of the ear and the mastoid process -- Diseases of the circulatory system -- Diseases of the respiratory system -- Diseases of the digestive system -- Diseases of the skin and subcutaneous tissue -- Diseases of the musculoskeletal system and connective tissue -- Diseases of the urinary tract -- Diseases of the genital organs -- Pregnancy, childbirth, and the puerperium -- Congenital malformations, deformations, and chromosomal abnormalities -- Association of maternal diseases during pregnancy with higher risk of congenital abnormalities (CAs) in their children -- Associations of maternal diseases with higher risk for preterm birth (PB) and low birth weight (LBW) newborns.
- Controversies in the management of gynecological cancers 2014, SpringerGynecological cancers are some of the most commonly occurring malignancies in women. Despite their high incidence, treatment and management of these cancers remain controversial, with conflicting evidence about many aspects of the disease. Controversies in the Management of Gynecological Cancers offers a unique assessment of the opposing sides of the controversial issues associated with gynecological cancers, and aims to provide professionals in the field with a keener sense of the underlying evidence-base and a starting point from which to follow the ongoing debate. A section on the direction of future research to resolve these issues completes the discussion in each chapter. This book will appeal to specialists, trainees and healthcare workers in gynecological oncology, gynecologists, medical oncologists and radiation oncologists, and is an excellent starting point for anyone who wishes to gain a better understanding of the complex nature of the management of gynecological malignancy.
- Creasy and Resnik's Maternal-fetal medicine principles and practice. Seventh edition. [7th ed.] 2014, ClinicalKeyHuman Basic Genetics and Patterns of Inheritance -- Normal Early Development -- Amniotic Fluid Dynamics -- Multiple Gestation: The Biology of Twinning -- Biology of Parturition -- Immunology of Pregnancy -- Maternal Cardiovascular, Respiratory, and Renal Adaptation to Pregnancy -- Endocrinology of Pregnancy -- The Breast and the Physiology of Lactation -- Maternal Nutrition -- Developmental Origins of Health and Disease -- Fetal Cardiovascular Physiology -- Behavioral States in the Fetus: Relationship to Fetal Health and Development -- Placental Respiratory Gas Exchange and Fetal Oxygenation -- Fetal Lung Development and Surfactant -- Evidence-Based Practice in Perinatal Medicine -- Performing and Documenting the Fetal Anatomy Ultrasound Examination -- Doppler Ultrasound: Select Fetal and Maternal Applications -- Clinical Applications of Three-Dimensional Sonography in Obstetrics -- Central Nervous System Imaging Cephalocele -- Imaging of the Face and Neck Cleft Lip and Palate -- Thoracic Imaging -- Fetal Cardiac Malformations and Arrhythmias: Detection, Diagnosis, Management, and Prognosis -- Abdominal Imaging -- Urogenital Imaging -- Skeletal Imaging -- Placenta and Umbilical Cord Imaging Marginal and Velamentous Umbilical Cord Insertion -- Uterus and Adnexae Imaging Adnexal Mass, Complex and Simple -- First-Trimester Imaging -- Prenatal Diagnosis of Congenital Disorders -- Teratogenesis and Environmental Exposure -- Assessment of Fetal Health -- Intrapartum Fetal Surveillance -- Assessment and Induction of Fetal Pulmonary Maturity -- Invasive Fetal Therapy -- Hemolytic Disease of the Fetus and Newborn -- Nonimmune Hydrops -- Multiple Gestation: Clinical Characteristics and Management -- Pathogenesis of Spontaneous Preterm Birth -- Preterm Labor and Birth -- Cervical Insufficiency -- Premature Rupture of the Membranes -- Clinical Aspects of Normal and Abnormal Labor -- Recurrent Pregnancy Loss -- Stillbirth -- Placenta Previa, Placenta Accreta, Abruptio Placentae, and Vasa Previa -- Intrauterine Growth Restriction -- Pregnancy-Related Hypertension -- Patient Safety in Obstetrics -- Maternal Mortality -- Maternal and Fetal Infections -- Cardiac Diseases -- Coagulation Disorders in Pregnancy -- Thromboembolic Disease in Pregnancy -- Anemia and Pregnancy -- Malignancy and Pregnancy -- Renal Disorders -- Respiratory Diseases in Pregnancy -- Diabetes in Pregnancy -- Thyroid Disease and Pregnancy -- Other Endocrine Disorders of Pregnancy -- Gastrointestinal Disease in Pregnancy -- Diseases of the Liver, Biliary System, and Pancreas -- Pregnancy and Rheumatic Diseases -- Neurologic Disorders -- Management of Depression and Psychoses in Pregnancy and in the Puerperium -- Substance Abuse in Pregnancy -- The Skin and Pregnancy -- Benign Gynecologic Conditions in Pregnancy -- Anesthesia Considerations for Complicated Pregnancies -- Intensive Care Considerations for the Critically Ill Parturient -- Neonatal Morbidities of Prenatal and Perinatal Origin.
- Current diagnosis & treatment, obstetrics & gynecology 2013 (11th ed.)., AccessMedicine
- Cytology and surgical pathology of gynecologic neoplasms 2011, SpringerNormal histology of female genital organs -- Lesions of the vulva and vagina -- Squamous lesions of the cervix -- Glandular lesions of the cervix -- Human papillomavirus for cervical pathology -- Endometrial epithelial neoplasms -- Nonepithelial tumors of uterine corpus -- Gestational trophoblastic disease -- Tumors of fallopian tube and broad ligament -- Epithelial neoplasms of ovary -- Nonepithelial tumor of ovary -- Tumors of peritoneum.
- Prenatal care / Vern L. Katz -- Normal labor, delivery, newborn care, and puerperium / Kirsten J. Lund and James McManaman -- Obstetric analgesia and anesthesia / Joy L. Hawkins -- Early pregnancy loss / T. Flint Porter, D. Ware Branch, and James R. Scott -- Ectopic pregnancy / Beata E. Seeber and Kurt T. Barnhart -- Genetics in obstetrics and gynecology / Kenneth Ward -- Prenatal diagnosis / Lorraine Dugoff -- Drugs in pregnancy / Jerome Yankowitz -- Ultrasound in obstetrics / Santosh Pandipati and John C. Hobbins -- Assessment of fetal well-being / Catherine Y. Spong -- Preterm labor and post-term delivery / J. Chris Carey and Ronald S. Gibbs -- Premature rupture of the membranes / Ronald S. Gibbs -- Intrauterine growth restriction / Bronwen F. Kahn, John C. Hobbins, and Henry L. Galan -- Multiple gestation / Roger B. Newman and Charles Rittenberg -- Diabetes mellitus and pregnancy / E. Albert Reece and Carol J. Homko -- Hypertensive disorders of pregnancy / Mounira Habli and Baha M. Sibai -- Medical and surgical complications of pregnancy / Deborah Krakow -- Immunologic disorders in pregnancy / D. Ware Branch, Robert M. Silver, and Kjersti Aagaard-Tillery -- Obstetric and perinatal infections / Jill K. Davies and Ronald S. Gibbs -- Human immunodeficiency virus / Howard Minkoff -- Placenta previa and abruption / Helen H. Kay -- Breech, other malpresentations, and umbilical cord complications / Timothy E. Klatt and Dwight P. Cruikshank -- Stillbirth and intrauterine fetal demise / Robert M. Silver -- Complications of labor / Donald J. Dudley -- Complications of delivery / Larry C. Gilstrap and Edward R. Yeomans -- Operative vaginal delivery / James A. Bofill and James N. Martin, Jr. -- Cesarean delivery / James R. Scott and T. Flint Porter -- Psychologic disorders of pregnancy and the postpartum period / Michael W. O'Hara and Lisa S. Segre -- Office gynecology and surgical procedures / Marian D. Damewood, William R. Keye, Jr., and Charles C. Coddington III -- Gynecologic ultrasound / Mika Thomas and Bradley J. Van Voorhis -- Pediatric and adolescent gynecology / Ann J. Davis -- Contraception / Lisa Memmel and Melissa Gilliam -- Induced abortion / Sabrina Holmquist and Melissa Gilliam -- Pelvic and sexually transmitted infections / David A. Eschenbach --Benign vulvovaginal disorders / Lori A. Boardman and Colleen M. Kennedy -- Amenorrhea / David P. Cohen -- Abnormal uterine bleeding / Steven R. Goldstein -- Premenstrual syndrome / Robert L. Reid -- Androgen excess disorders / Richard S. Legro and Ricardo Azziz -- Infertility / Kristen P. Wright and Julia V. Johnson -- Endometriosis / Robert S. Schenken -- Menopause / Marcelle I. Cedars and Michele Evans -- Women's sexuality and sexual dysfunction / Rosemary Basson -- Chronic pelvic pain / Howard T. Sharp -- Perioperative evaluation / Jeff Peipert and Sarah Hammil -- Laparoscopic surgery / Joseph S. Sanfilippo and Lisa M. Roberts -- Hysteroscopic surgery / R. Stanford Williams -- Epidemiology, pathophysiology, and evaluation of pelvic organ support / John O. L. DeLancey -- Operative management of pelvic organ prolapse / Kris Strohbehn and Holly E. Richter -- Nonsurgical treatment of pelvic organ prolapse / Ingrid D. Nygaard -- Female urinary incontinence: epidemiology and evaluation / Peggy A. Norton --Operative management of urinary incontinence / Charles W. Nager and Amy R. Kane -- Nonsurgical management of urinary incontinence and overactive bladder / Baharak Amir and Alfred E. Bent -- Fecal incontinence and defecation disorders / Dee E. Fenner and Catherine Ann Matthews -- Leiomyomata / Arthur F. Haney -- Disorders of the breast / Mary L. Gemignani -- Vulvar and vaginal cancer / Natalie S. Gould and Joan L. Walker -- Cervical cancer / Robert L. Giuntoli II and Robert E. Bristow -- Human papillomavirus and the management of the abnormal pap test / Christine H. Holschneider -- Uterine cancer / David G. Mutch -- Ovarian and tubal cancers / Ilana Cass and Beth Y. Karlan -- Management of the adnexal mass / Susan A. Davidson -- Gestational trophoblastic neoplasms / Andrew John Li -- The special approach to solving the profession's liability crisis, improving patient safety, and preventing medical errors / Louis Weinstein and Jason K. Baxter -- Appendix: Evidence-based approach to obstetrics and gynecology / Ronald S. Gibbs.
- Deep pelvic endometriosis a multidisciplinary approach 2011, SpringerIntroduction / Paola De Nardi and Stefano Ferrari -- Diagnosis / Paola De Nardi and Stefano Ferrari -- Treatment / Paola De Nardi and Stefano Ferrari -- The Experience of Living with Endometriosis / Elaine Denny.
- Diabetology of pregnancy 2005, KargerEpidemiology of pregestational and gestational diabetes / I. Pavliʹc-Renar, Z̆. Metelko -- Fuel-mediated 'functional teratogenesis' and primary prevention / A. Plagemann -- Endocrine changes in diabetic pregnancy / A. Kautzky-Willer, D. Bancher-Todesca -- Metabolic changes in diabetic pregnancy / E. Herrera -- Leptin in the diabetic pregnancy / S. Hauguet-De Mouzon, J. Lepercq, P. Catalano -- Maternal diabetes and embryonic development / R. De Hertogh -- Normal and abnormal fetal growth / I. Cetin, T. Radaelli -- Effect of nutrition on fetal development: a view on the pancreatic [beta]-cells / B. Blondeau, B. Breant -- The human placenta in diabetes / G. Desoye, P. Kaufmann -- Vasculogenesis and angiogenesis in the diabetic placenta / L. Leach, T.M. Mayhew -- Morphological findings in infants and placentas of diabetic mothers / M. Kos, M. Vogel -- Principles of evidence-based medicine: the lesson for diabetic pregnancy / T.R. Pieber -- The Graz approach to diabetes in pregnancy / P.A.M. Weiss, G. Desoye -- Clinical management of pregnancies complicated with type 1/type 2 diabetes mellitus / J. Djelmis̆ -- Nutritional management of diabetes in pregnancy / A. Dornhorst, G. Frost -- Diabetes-related antibodies and pregnancy / R. Corcoy, D. Mauricio, A. De Leiva -- Insulin and oral hypoglycemic agents in pregnancy / Z̆. Metelko, I. Pavliʹc-Renar -- Continuous glucose monitoring for the evaluation and improved treatment adjustment in gravid women with diabetic pregnancy / M. Hod, Y. Yogev -- Fetal hypoxia and its monitoring in pregestational diabetic pregnancies / K.A. Teramo, V.K. Hiilesmaa -- Ultrasonic surveillance of the diabetic fetus / M. Ivanis̆eviʹc -- Diabetic pregnancy: maternal metabolic and microvascular issues in type 1 diabetes mellitus / D.W.M. Pearson -- Pre-eclampsia in women with type 1 diabetes / E.R. Mathiesen and P. Damm -- Management of delivery / V.A. Miller, M.D.G. Gillmer -- Offspring of diabetic pregnancy / B. Persson, U.J. Eriksson, U. Hanson -- Long-term consequences of gestational diabetes mellitus / J. Lauenborg, E.R. Mathiesen, P. Damm.
- Diagnosis and management of polycystic ovary syndrome 2009, SpringerPart I. The syndrome. 1. Clinical manifestations of PCOS / Pasquali Renato --2. The Menstrual cycle in PCOS / Sabrina Gill and Janet E. Hall -- 3. The Radiology of Polycystic ovaries / Susan J. Barter -- Part II. Origins -- 4. Insulin resistance in PCOS / Evanthia Diamanti-Kandarakis and Charikleia D. Christakou -- 5. Genetics of metabolic syndrome and genetic lipodystrophies / Tisha R. Joy and Robert A. Hegele -- 6. The Genetics of polycystic ovary syndrome / Brad Eilerman, Marzieh Salehi, and Yaron Tomer -- 7. Uterine origins and evolution in childhood / Agathocles Tsatsoulis and Nectaria Xita -- Part III. Consequences -- 8. Hyperandrogenism in PCOS / Neoklis A. Georgopoulos, Eleni Kandaraki, and Dimitrios Panidis -- 9. The Risk of diabetes and metabolic syndrome in PCOS / Thomas M. Barber -- 10. The Risks of cardiovascular disease and diabetes in the Polycystic ovary syndrome / Susmeeta T. Sharma and John E. Nestler -- 11. Pregnancy complications in PCOS / Roy Homburg -- 12. Polycystic ovary syndrome, sleep apnea, and daytime sleepiness and fatigue / Alexandros N. Vgontzas and Susan Calhoun -- 13. Polycystic ovarian syndrome and gynaecological cancer / Alexandra Lawrence and W. Peter Mason -- 14. PCOS, depression, and Alzheimer's disease / Pascale G. Stemmle, Heather A. Kenna, and Natalie L. Rasgon -- 15. Psychological issues and their treatment / Melissa J. Himelein and Samuel S. Thatcher -- Part IV. Management -- 16. Dietary management of PCOS / Kate Marsh -- 17. Exercise in the treatment of PCOS / Emma Stevenson -- 18. Medical treatment / Jean-Patrice Baillargeon and Nadir R. Farid -- 19. Therapy of hirsutism / Salvatore Benvenga -- 20. Ovulation induction in PCOS / Evert J.P. van Santbrink -- 21. IVF in Polycystic ovary syndrome / Rehan Salim and Paul Serhal -- 22. The Surgical management of Polycystic ovarian syndrome / Colin J. Davis -- 23. When periods stop: long-term consequences of PCOS / Enrico Carmina, Ettore Guastella, and Manfredi Rizzo.
- Diagnostic gynecologic and obstetric pathology. 2nd ed. 2011, ClinicalKeyDrs. Christopher P. Crum, Marisa R. Nucci, and Kenneth R. Lee help you diagnose neoplastic and non-neoplastic lesions of the female reproductive tract with their comprehensive updated. This 2nd Edition provides all of the latest guidance needed to accurately evaluate pathologic features and morphologic patterns. With 650+ new color images, an appendix with algorithms for the use of biomarkers, key points, diagnostic pearls, and more. View more than 2,250 full-color photographs and photomicrographs, ideal for side-by-side comparison to the specimens seen in the laboratory. A strong revision to cover the latest updates in the field for one of the only comprehensive references for the practicing pathologist that covers both neoplastic and non-neoplastic disorders of the female genital system.
- Diagnostic pathology of ovarian tumors 2011, SpringerMorphologic Patterns -- Common Diagnostic Discrepancies -- Frozen Section of Ovarian Lesions -- Surface Epithelial Tumors: Pathology Introduction -- Surface Epithelial Tumors: Clinical Introduction -- Pathology of Serous Tumors -- Pathology of Endometrioid Tumors -- Pathology of Clear Cell Tumors -- Pathology of Mucinous Tumors -- Uncommon Epithelial Ovarian Tumors -- Metastatic Tumors -- Germ Cell and Sex Cord Stromal Tumors: Clinical Introduction -- Pathology of Germ Cell Tumors -- Sex Cord Stromal Tumors of the Ovary -- Pathology of Mesenchymal and Hematopoietic Tumors -- Tumors of Uncertain Histogenesis -- Fallopian Tube and Peritoneum -- Familial Cancer and Prophylactic Surgery -- Peritoneal Cytology.
- Digital mammography 9th international workshop ; proceedings 2008, Springer
- Diseases of the breast. Fifth edition. 2014, OvidMachine generated contents note: SECTION I BREAST ANATOMY AND DEVELOPMENT -- ch. 1 Breast Anatomy and Development / Susan K. Boolbol -- ch. 2 Stem Cells in Breast Development and Carcinogenesis: Concepts and Clinical Perspectives / Max S. Wicha -- SECTION II DIAGNOSIS AND MANAGEMENT OF BENIGN BREAST DISEASE -- ch. 3 Physical Examination of the Breast / Monica Morrow -- ch. 4 Management of the Palpable Breast Mass / Richard J. Bleicher -- ch. 5 Management of Disorders of the Ductal System and Infections / Nigel J. Bundred -- ch. 6 Management of Breast Pain / Robert E. Mansel -- ch. 7 Abnormalities of the Breast in Pregnancy and Lactation / Holly S. Mason -- ch. 8 Management of Gynecomastia / Glenn D. Braunstein -- ch. 9 Pathology of Benign Breast Disorders / Stuart J. Schnitt -- SECTION III BREAST IMAGING AND IMAGE-GUIDED BIOPSY TECHNIQUES -- ch. 10 Breast Cancer Screening / Joann G. Elmore -- ch. 11 Imaging Analysis: Mammography / Stephanie K. Patterson.Contents note continued: ch. 12 Imaging Analysis: Ultrasonography / Emily L. Sedgwick -- ch. 13 Imaging Analysis: Magnetic Resonance Imaging / Susan Orel Roth -- ch. 14 New Breast Imaging Techniques / Maxine S. Jochelson -- ch. 15 Image-Guided Biopsy of Nonpalpable Breast Lesions / Christopher E. Comstock -- SECTION IV EPIDEMIOLOGY AND ASSESSING AND MANAGING RISK -- ch. 16 Inherited Genetic Factors and Breast Cancer / Alan Ashworth -- ch. 17 Genetic Testing and Management of Patients with Hereditary Breast Cancer / Claudine Isaacs -- ch. 18 Nongenetic Factors in the Causation of Breast Cancer / Graham A. Colditz -- ch. 19 Management of Other High Risk Patients / Seema A. Khan -- ch. 20 Chemoprevention / Powel H. Brown -- SECTION V IN SITU CARCINOMA -- ch. 21 Ductal Carcinoma In Situ and Other Intraductal Lesions: Pathology, Immunohistochemistry, and Molecular Alterations / Edi Brogi -- ch. 22 Lobular Carcinoma In Situ: Biology and Management / Jorge S. Reis-Filho.Contents note continued: ch. 23 Ductal Carcinoma In Situ and Microinvasive Carcinoma / Jay R. Harris -- SECTION VI PATHOLOGY AND BIOLOGICAL MARKERS OF INVASIVE BREAST CANCER -- ch. 24 Genomic Events in Breast Cancer Progression / Matthew J. Ellis -- ch. 25 Pathology of Invasive Breast Cancer / Stuart J. Schnitt -- ch. 26 Estrogen and Progesterone Receptor Testing for Prognosis and Prediction / William Miller -- ch. 27 HER2/ERBB2 Testing: Assessment of Status for Targeted Therapies / Yanling Ma -- ch. 28 Clinical and Pathologic Prognostic and Predictive Factors 6 / Frederick L. Moffat -- ch. 29 Genomics, Prognosis, and Therapeutic Interventions / Charles M. Perou -- ch. 30 Bone Marrow Micrometastases and Circulating Tumor Cells / Daniel F. Hayes -- SECTION VII MANAGEMENT OF PRIMARY INVASIVE BREAST CANCER -- ch. 31 Evaluation of Patients for Metastasis Prior to Primary Therapy / C. Kent Osborne -- ch. 32 Staging of Breast Cancer / Jay R. Harris.Contents note continued: ch. 33 Mastectomy / Mehra Golshan -- ch. 34 Contralateral Prophylactic Mastectomy / Todd M. Tuttle -- ch. 35 Breast-Conserving Therapy / Monica Morrow -- ch. 36 Breast Reconstruction / Alice Y. Ho -- ch. 37 Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy / Armando E. Giuliano -- ch. 38 Axillary Dissection / George Plitas -- ch. 39 Preserving and Restoring Function after Local Treatment / Andrea L. Cheville -- ch. 40 Lymphedema / Sarah A. Mclaughlin -- ch. 41 Local Management of the Axilla / Jay R. Harris -- ch. 42 Postmastectomy Radiation Therapy / Bruce G. Haffty -- ch. 43 Adjuvant Systemic Therapy: Endocrine Therapy / C. Kent Osborne -- ch. 44 Adjuvant Systemic Chemotherapy in Early Breast Cancer / Clifford A. Hudis -- ch. 45 Adjuvant Chemo Endocrine Therapy / Nancy E. Davidson -- ch. 46 Adjuvant and Preoperative Systemic Therapy for HER2-Positive Breast Cancer / Eric P. Winer -- ch. 47 Adjuvant Systemic Therapy: Bone-Targeted Treatments / Robert E. Coleman.Contents note continued: ch. 48 Pharmacogenomics of Systemic Therapy / James M. Rae -- ch. 49 Implications of Obesity in Breast Cancer / Andrew J. Dannenberg -- ch. 50 Lifestyle Issues in Breast Cancer Survivors / Rowan T. Chlebowski -- ch. 51 Management of Menopausal Symptoms in Breast Cancer Survivors / Charles L. Loprinzi -- ch. 52 Long-Term and Late Effects of Primary Curative Intent Therapy: Neurocognitive, Cardiac, and Secondary Malignancies / Patricia A. Ganz -- ch. 53 Adjuvant Systemic Therapy Treatment Guidelines / C. Kent Osborne -- SECTION VIII PREOPERATIVE SYSTEMIC THERAPY -- ch. 54 Preoperative Chemotherapy for Operable Breast Cancer / Jose Baselga -- ch. 55 Preoperative Endocrine Therapy for Operable Breast Cancer / Ian E. Smith -- ch. 56 Pathologic Assessment of Treatment Response after Neoadjuvant Therapy / Susan Carole Lester -- ch. 57 Local-Regional Therapy following Systemic Treatment / Kelly K. Hunt -- ch. 58 Locally Advanced Breast Cancer / Eric A. Strom.Contents note continued: ch. 59 Inflammatory Breast Cancer / Lori J. Pierce -- ch. 60 Preoperative Systemic Therapy for Breast Cancer / Marc E. Lippman -- SECTION IX SPECIAL THERAPEUTIC PROBLEMS -- ch. 61 Male Breast Cancer / William J. Gradishar -- ch. 62 Phyllodes Tumors / Benjamin O. Anderson -- ch. 63 Paget's Disease / Nora M. Hansen -- ch. 64 Nonepithelial Malignancies of the Breast / Carolina Gutierrez -- ch. 65 Breast Cancer during Pregnancy and Subsequent Pregnancy in Breast Cancer Survivors / Richard L. Theriault -- ch. 66 Occult Primary Cancer with Axillary Metastases / Youlia M. Kirova -- SECTION X EVALUATION AFTER PRIMARY THERAPY AND MANAGEMENT OF RECURRENT BREAST CANCER -- ch. 67 Surveillance of Patients following Primary Therapy / Robert W. Carlson -- ch. 68 Surgery for the Primary in Patients with Distant Metastases / Tari A. King -- ch. 69 Management of Local Regional Recurrences after Primary Breast Cancer Treatment / Erica L. Mayer.Contents note continued: ch. 70 Treatment of Metastatic Breast Cancer: Endocrine / Gaia Schiavon -- ch. 71 Treatment of Metastatic Breast Cancer: Chemotherapy / Antonio C. Wolff -- ch. 72 Treatment of HER2-overexpressing Metastatic Breast Cancer / Mark D. Pegram -- ch. 73 Palliative Care in Breast Cancer / Thomas J. Smith -- ch. 74 Management Summary for the Care of Patients with Metastatic Breast Cancer / Marc E. Lippman -- SECTION XI NEW BREAST CANCER THERAPEUTIC APPROACHES -- ch. 75 Newer Targeted Therapy / Carlos L. Arteaga -- SECTION XII SITE-SPECIFIC THERAPY OF METASTATIC BREAST CANCER -- ch. 76 Brain Metastases / Ian F. Dunn -- ch. 77 Metastatic Epidural Spinal Cord Compression / Patrick Y. Wen -- ch. 78 Leptomeningeal Metastasis / Lisa M. Deangelis -- ch. 79 Brachial Plexopathy in Patients with Breast Cancer / Pauline T. Truong -- ch. 80 Ophthalmic Metastases / David H. Abramson -- ch. 81 Management of Isolated Liver Metastases / Steven Come.Contents note continued: ch. 82 Medical Treatment for Bone Metastases / Christy A. Russell -- ch. 83 Local Management of Bone Metastases / James A. Hayman -- SECTION XIII BREAST CANCER IN SPECIAL POPULATIONS -- ch. 84 Breast Cancer in Older Women / Hyman B. Muss -- ch. 85 Breast Cancer in Younger Women / Richard D. Gelber -- ch. 86 Breast Cancer in Minority Women / Lisa A. Carey -- SECTION XIV ISSUES IN BREAST CANCER SURVIVORSHIP -- ch. 87 Nursing Care in Patient Management and Quality of Life / Deborah K. Walker -- ch. 88 Overview of Survivorship Issues / Larissa Nekhlyudov -- ch. 89 Psychosocial Adaptation during and after Breast Cancer / Mary Jane Massie -- ch. 90 Reproductive Issues in Breast Cancer Survivors / Elizabeth S. Ginsburg -- ch. 91 Cost and Cost Effectiveness Considerations / Bruce E. Hillner.
- Doppler ultrasound in obstetrics and gynecology. 2nd ed. 2005, Springer
- Drugs during pregnancy and lactation-- treatment options and risk assessment. 2nd ed. 2007, ClinicalKeyGeneral commentary on drug therapy and drug risks in pregnancy / Richard K. Miller, Paul W. Peters, and Christoff E. Schaefer -- Specific drug therapies during pregnancy / Mimke Reuvers and Christof Schaefer -- General commentary on drug therapy and drug risk during lactation / Ruth Lawrence and Christof Schaefer -- Specific drug therapies during lactation / Chistof Schaefer and Ruth Lawrence.
- Drugs in pregnancy and lactation a reference guide to fetal and neonatal risk. Tenth edition. 2015, Ovid
- Understanding migraine and pregnancy -- Safety rating systems for drugs used in pregnancy and lactation -- Non-pharmacological headache treatments -- Acute treatment options for the pregnant headache patient -- Acute treatment options for the lactating headache patient -- Preventive treatment options for the pregnant headache patient -- Preventive treatment options for the lactating headache patient -- Urgent care/emergency treatment of the acute, severe headache in pregnant and lactating patients -- Work-up for headache during pregnancy and lactation -- Patient headache resources.
- "Completely updated and expanded, 'Emans, Laufer, and Goldstein's Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology', Sixth Edition, covers the medical and surgical approaches to common pediatric and adolescent clinical problems. The book discusses the importance of the history and physical examination and the physiology of puberty and its associated disorders and complications"--Provided by publisher.
- Emerging therapeutic targets in ovarian cancer 2011, SpringerSystemic Therapy for Ovarian Cancer, Current Treatment, Recent Advances, and Unmet Needs / Susana Banerjee, Michael A. Bookman, and Martin Gore -- Discovery of Novel Targets / John Farley and Michael J. Birrer -- Novel Anti-angiogenic Therapies in Ovarian Cancer / Jurjees Hasan and Gordon Jayson -- Targeting the AKT Pathway in Ovarian Cancer / Euan A. Stronach ... [et al.] -- Inhibition of the Src Oncogene : Therapeutic Potential in Ovarian Carcinoma / Liz Y. Han and Anil K. Sood -- Tumour-Specific Synthetic Lethality : Targeting BRCA Dysfunction in Ovarian Cancer / Timothy A. Yap ... [et al.] -- Targeting Inflammatory Pathways in Epithelial Ovarian Cancer / Jermaine Coward and Frances Balkwill -- Epithelial-to-Mesenchymal Transition and Cellular Membrane Receptors in Ovarian Cancer : Moving Forward in the Era of Molecularly Targeted Therapy / Lainie P. Martin, Julia J. Perkins, and Russell J. Schilder -- Epigenetic Therapies / Robert Brown, Nadine Chapman-Rothe, and Ros Glasspool -- Ovarian Cancer Immunology and Immunotherapy / Sadaf Ghaem-Maghami and Martin Gore -- Ovarian Cancer Progenitor/Stem Cells: Therapeutic Potential / Susan K. Murphy and Andrew Berchuck -- Potential for α-Folate Receptor-Targeted Treatment for Ovarian Cancer / Chau H.M. Ng and Ann L. Jackman -- New Insights into Tubulin Binders / Carles Escriu and James D. Brenton.
- Current status of the prevention and early diagnosis of endometrial adenocarcinoma -- The value of endometrial cytology -- Techniques of endometrial cytology -- Techniques of endometrial histopathology -- New techniques for the diagnosis of endometrial pathology -- Cytology of the normal endometrium - cycling and postmenopausal -- Benign endometrial lesions -- Cytopathology of endometrial hyperplasias -- Cytopathology of endometrial adenocarcinoma -- Cytopathology of the non-epithelial malignant tumors of the uterine corpus.
- Essential obstetrics and gynaecology. 5th ed. 2013, ClinicalKeyAnatomy of the female pelvis / Caroline de Costa -- Conception and nidation / Roger Pepperell -- Physiological changes in pregnancy / Fiona Broughton Pipkin -- Placental and fetal growth and development / E. Malcolm Symonds -- Perinatal and maternal mortality / Boon H. Lim -- History taking and examination in obstetrics / Edwin Chandraharan -- Normal pregnancy and antenatal care / Shaylee Iles -- Obstetric disorders / Henry G. Murray -- Maternal medicine / Suzanne V.F. Wallace, Henry G. Murray and David James -- Assessment of fetal wellbeing / David James and Suzanne V.F. Wallace -- Management of labour / Sabaratnam Arulkumaran -- Management of delivery / Aldo Vacca -- Postpartum problems / Shankari Arulkumaran -- Psychiatric disorders of childbirth / Margaret R. Oates -- Basic clinical skills in gynaecology / Ian M. Symonds -- Gynaecological disorders / Ian S. Fraser -- Infertility / William Ledger -- Early pregnancy care / Ian M. Symonds -- Sexual and reproductive health / Roger Pepperell -- Gynaecological oncology / Hextan Y.S. Ngan and Karen Chan -- Prolapse and disorders of the urinary tract / Ajay Rane and Jay Iyer.
- The Normal Breast -- Specimen Processing -- Fibrocystic Change and Duct Ectasia -- Adenosis -- Intraductal Proliferative Lesions -- Intraductal Papillary Neoplasms -- Lobular Intraepithelial Neoplasia (LIN) -- Infiltrating Ductal Carcinoma (NOS Type) -- Invasive Lobular Carcinoma (ILC) -- Special Types of Breast Carcinomas -- Biphasic Tumors -- Disease of the Nipple -- Male Breast Lesions -- Mesenchymal Lesions/Tumors -- Myoepithelial Lesions/Neoplasms -- Miscellaneous Lesions -- Cytopathology of Benign and Malignant Lesions (Selected Topics) -- Immunohistochemistry (Selected Topics).
- Estrogen effects in psychiatric disorders 2005, Springer
- Family medicine obstetrics. 3rd ed. 2008, ClinicalKeyWhether you offer comprehensive pregnancy care in your primary care facility, or provide prenatal and postpartum care, this book delivers the guidance you need to optimize health for both mothers and their babies. It covers all aspects of birth care, from preconception counseling and prenatal care, through labor and delivery (both low-risk and complicated), to postpartum care and the first month of life. The completely revised third edition includes the most up-to- date, evidence-based standards of care. It offers information that is patient centered, prevention oriented, educational, and sensitive to the care of the whole woman and her family. Features a reader-friendly outline/narrative format for ease of use in daily clinical practice. Describes how to care for patients with a wide range of medical conditions during pregnancy as well as pregnancy-related conditions. Takes a whole-family approach to maternity care, with discussions of maternal and paternal adjustment, marital adjustment, sibling adjustment, single-parent families, and return-to-work issues. Provides patient and family education materials on a full range of topics, from nutrition in pregnancy to breastfeeding. Features a section on alternative medicine in maternity care. Provides detailed instruction for a wide array of procedures, including cesarean delivery, perineal repair of simple and complex lacerations, circumcision, assisted deliveries, and amnioinfusion.
- Female pelvic floor function, dysfunction, and management according to the integral theory. 3rd ed. 2010, SpringerThe Anatomy and Dynamics of Pelvic Floor Function and Dysfunction -- Diagnosis of Connective Tissue Damage -- Reconstructive Pelvic Floor Surgery According to the Integral Theory -- Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation according to the Integral Theory Towards a More Time Efficient Method for Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation and With a Wider Symptom Scope -- Mapping the Dynamics of Connective Tissue Dysfunction -- Current and Emerging Research Issues -- Appendix 1. Patient Questionnaires and Other Diagnostic Resource Tools -- Appendix 2. References and Further Reading -- Appendix 3. Patient Information.
- Female pelvic health and reconstructive surgery 2003, netLibrary
- Female puberty a comprehensive guide for clinicians 2014, Springer
- Female urology a practical clinical guide 2007, Springer
- Fetal and neonatal pathology. 4th ed. 2007, Springer
- This volume represents an up-to-date overview on the major areas of gynecological endocrinology, providing the reader with a complete explanation of female endocrine regulation and metabolism and relevant disorders and treatment. It is published within the International Society of Gynecological Endocrinology (ISGE) Series and is based on the 2013 International School of Gynecological and Reproductive Endocrinology Summer Course. The book covers a very wide range of topics from primary amenorrhea to menopause, from the impact of ovarian surgery on fertility to fertility cryopreservation, from metabolic syndrome and polycystic ovary to premature ovarian failure and from the clinical impact of selective progesterone receptor modulators to the use of progesterone in prevention of premature labor. It will be an important tool for obstetricians and gynecologists, endocrinologists and experts in women's health as well as interested GPs.
- Fundamentals of Pap test cytology 2007, SpringerA short dictionary of the Pap test -- Analogies in the Pap test : "Of corn flakes and raisins" -- Basic cytology principles -- Basic anatomy and cytology of the female genital tract -- The Bethesda system -- Liquid-based cytology -- Physiological cytology -- Reactive changes and organisms -- Human papillomavirus in cervical carcinogenesis -- Atypical squamous cells -- Low-grade squamous intra-epithelial lesion -- High-grade squamous intra-epithelial lesion -- Invasive squamous carcinoma -- Endocervical lesions -- Endometrial lesions -- Metastatic tumors -- Therapy-related changes -- Artifacts, contaminants, and incidental findings -- Screening and management guidelines of Pap test and newer techniques.
- Glass' Office gynecology. 6th ed. 2006, OvidHirsutism / Steven M. Strong -- Vulvovaginitis / Tracey A. Banks and Michèle G. Curtis -- Sexually transmitted diseases / Lisa M. Hollier -- Chronic pelvic pain / John F. Steege -- Endometriosis / John M. Storment -- Preconception evaluation and counseling / Justin P. Lavin, Jr. and John Stewart, Jr. -- Contraception / Anthony DelConte -- Infertility and recurrent pregnancy loss / John M. Storment -- Surgical and medical abortion / Mitchell D. Creinin -- Urogynecology and pelvic floor dysfunction / Alfred E. Bent -- Lifestyle modification / Jimmy D. Acklin --Integration of complementary and alternative medicine in the gynecology office / Michèle G. Curtis -- Intimate partner violence / Abbey B. Berenson -- Women and sexuality / Gretchen Gross -- Psychiatric disorders / James M. Martinez and Lauren B. Marangell -- Management of the HIV-positive woman / Nancy L. Eriksen -- Diagnosis and management of hereditary cancer / Monique A. Spillman and Andrew Berchuck -- Occupational and environmental exposures / Linda M. Frazier And David A. Grainger.Pediatric and adolescent gynecology / Andrea L. Zuckerman -- Care of perimenopausal and postmenopausal patients / Clarisa R. Gracia and Kurt T. Barnhart -- Lesbian, bisexual, and transgender health care / Amy E. Harrison and Vincent M. B. Silenzio -- Abnormal cytology and human papillomavirus / Barbara M. Buttin, Thomas J. Herzog, and David G. Mutch -- Benign disorders of the vulva and vagina / Wilson Sawa and Michael P. Hopkins -- Benign disorders and diseases of the breast / Daniel P. Guyton and Andrew Fenton -- Premenstrual syndromes / Meir Steiner -- Abnormal uterine bleeding / Godwin I. Meniru and Michael P. Hopkins --
- Global library of women's medicine DatabaseThe Global Library of Women's Medicine is a unique web library incorporating a vast range of detailed clinical information across women's medicine. It consists of 442 main chapters and 53 supplementary chapters, supported by over 40,000 references, which will be kept permanently up-to-date. The chapters have been written by more than 650 specialists and will reflect some of the very best worldwide opinion.
- Gynaecology. 4th ed. 2011, ClinicalKeySurgical anatomy -- Hysteroscopy -- Laparoscopy -- Diathermy and lasers -- Imaging techniques in gynaecology -- One-stop gynaecology: the role of ultrasound in the acute gynaecological patient -- Preoperative care -- Principles of surgery and management of intraoperative complications -- Postoperative care -- Hormones: their action and measurement in gynaecological practice -- Biosynthesis of steroid hormones -- Principles and new developments in molecular biology -- Sexual differentiation: normal and abnormal -- Disorders of puberty -- Control of hypothalamic-pituitary-ovarian function -- Amenorrhoea, oligomenorrhoea and hypothalamic-pituitary dysfunction -- Ovulation induction -- Polycystic ovary syndrome -- Fertilization to implantation -- Disorders and investigation of female reproduction -- Disorders of male reproduction -- Assisted reproduction treatments -- Sporadic and recurrent miscarriage -- Tubal disease -- Ectopic pregnancy -- Hirsutism and virilization -- Premenstrual syndrome -- Menopause -- Fertility control -- Psychosexual medicine -- Menstruation and menstrual disorders -- Uterine fibroids -- Endometriosis -- Epidemiology of gynaecological cancer -- The genetics and molecular biology of gynaecological cancer -- Principles of radiotherapy and chemotherapy -- Novel therapies in gynaecological cancer -- Premalignant disease of the genital tract -- Cancer of the uterine cervix -- Benign disease of the vulva and the vagina -- Malignant disease of the vulva and vagina -- Malignant disease of the uterus -- Gestational trophoblastic tumours -- Benign tumours of the ovary -- Carcinoma of the ovary and fallopian tube -- Benign disease of the breast -- Malignant disease of the breast -- Supportive care for gynaecological cancer patients: Psychological and emotional aspects -- Classification of urogynaecological disorders -- The mechanism of continence -- Urodynamic investigations -- Urethral sphincter incompetence: stress incontinence -- The overactive bladder syndrome -- Voiding difficulty -- Pelvic organ prolapse -- Frequency, urgency and the painful bladder -- Fistulae -- Urinary tract infection -- Lower intestinal tract disease -- Sexual dysfunction in urogynaecology -- Chronic pelvic pain -- Pelvic inflammatory disease -- Non-HIV sexually transmitted infections -- Human immunodeficiency syndrome -- Forensic gynaecology -- Violence against women -- Lesbian and bisexual women's health issues -- Evidence-based care in gynaecology.
- Gynecologic cancer 2006, SpringerMultidisciplinary care of patients with gynecologic cancers / David M. Gershenson ... [et al.] -- Prevention and early detection of endometrial and ovarian cancers / Karen H. Lu -- Preinvasive disease of the lower genital tract / Andrea Milbourne -- Selected topics in gynecologic pathology / Anais Malpica, Michael T. Deavers, and Elvio G. Silva -- Imaging of gynecologic malignancies / Revathy Iyer -- Contemporary treatment of vaginal and vulvar cancers / Patricia J. Eifel and Thomas W. Burke -- Treatment of early cervical cancer / Charles F. Levenback -- Treatment of locally advanced cervical cancer / Anuja Jhingran, Patricia J. Eifel, and Pedro T. Ramirez -- Uterine sarcomas / Lois M. Ramondetta ... [et al.] -- Treatment of endometrial cancer / Lois M. Ramondetta ... [et al.] -- Surgery for ovarian cancer / Judith K. Wolf and J. Taylor Wharton -- Chemotherapy for epithelial ovarian cancer / Michele L. Donato ... [et al.] -- Treatment of rare ovarian malignancies / Jubilee Brown and David M. Gershenson -- Gestational trophoblastic disease / Hui T. See ... [et al.] -- Fertility-sparing options for treatment of women with gynecologic cancers / Pedro T. Ramirez -- Quality of life and sexual functioning / Diane C. Bodurka and Charlotte C. Sun -- Palliative care for gynecologic malignancies / Florian Strasser, Michael W. Bevers, and Eduardo Bruera.
- Gynecologic imaging 2011, ClinicalKeySection 1. Imaging techniques, pitfalls, and normal anatomy -- section 2. Pelvic pain -- section 3. Abnormal bleeding -- section 4. Infertility -- section 5. First-trimester pregnancy complications -- section 6. Postpartum complications -- section 7. Characterization of the adnexal mass -- section 8. Gynecologic cancer -- section 9. Pediatric imaging -- section 10. Interventional radiology in gynecology.
- This new title in the Foundations in Diagnostic Pathology series offers today's most essential gynecologic pathology know-how in a compact, high-yield format! For each pathologic entity examined, you'll find discussions of clinical features, pathologic features (gross and microscopic), as well as ancillary studies, differential diagnosis, and prognostic and therapeutic considerations. The text's pragmatic, well-organized approach, complemented by abundant full-color, high-quality illustrations and at-a-glance tables, makes it easy for you to access the information you need to quickly and accurately identify pathology specimens. The result is a practical, affordable resource for study and review as well as for everyday clinical reference. Covers both neoplastic and non-neoplastic conditions of the female reproductive tract to equip you to meet a wide range of diagnostic challenges. Uses a consistent, user-friendly format to explore each entity's clinical features ; pathologic features (gross and microscopic) ; ancillary studies ; differential diagnoses ; and prognostic and therapeutic considerations, making it easy to locate specific information on a particular entity. Features abundant boxes and tables throughout, enhancing the presentation and accessibility of the material. Offers hundreds of full-color, high-quality illustrations that demonstrate the key features of a wide variety of pathologic lesions to facilitate greater accuracy in identification of specimens.
- Imaging of gynecologic malignancies -- The use of sectional imaging with CT and MRI for image-guided therapy -- The physics of CT and MR imaging -- The use of positron emission tomographic imaging for image-guided therapy -- Image-guidance in external beam planning for locally advanced cervical cancer -- Physics perspectives on the role of 3D imaging -- Image-guided treatment planning and therapy in postoperative gynecologic malignancies -- The integrating of 3D imaging with conformal radiotherapy for vulvar and vaginal cancer -- Adaptive contouring of the target volume and organs at risk -- Clinical aspects of treatment planning -- Radiobiological aspects of brachytherapy in the era of 3D imaging -- Physics for image-guided brachytherapy -- Australia: Peter Maccullum Cancer Center, Melbourne -- Austria: Medical University of Vienna, Vienna -- Belgium: University Hospital, Leuven -- Denmark: Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus -- France: Institut Gustave-Roussy, Paris -- Great Britain: Mount Vernon Cancer Center, Middlesex -- India: Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai -- The Netherlands: University Medical Center, Utrecht -- USA: Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women's Cancer Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston -- USA: Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee -- Postoperative vaginal cylinder brachytherapy in an era of 3D imaging -- Image-based approaches to interstitial brachytherapy -- Outcomes related to the disease and the use of 3D-based external beam radiation and image-guided brachytherapy -- Morbidity related to the use of 3D-based external beam radiation and image-guided brachytherapy.
- Gynecologic ultrasound : a problem-based approach 2014, ClinicalKeyFor pelvic symptoms, ultrasound is the initial imaging modality of choice in today's cost-conscious climate. Employing a practical, problem-based approach Gynecologic Ultrasound is the only medical reference that provides a stepwise method in the diagnosis of gynecological abnormalities. Abundantly illustrated and easily accessible, it is an ideal resource for a clinical setting. Expedite and confirm diagnosis of gynecological abnormalities. An easily accessible format-organized by both entity and differential diagnosis-facilitates searches and zeroing in on the one correct entity. Master the nuances of using ultrasound through the visual instruction of more than 600 clear images including 3D and Doppler - important and necessary tools for pelvic ultrasound. Glean all essential, up-to-date, need-to-know information about Mullerian Duct Abnormality, Endometriosis, Ovarian cancer, and Uterine Sarcoma as well as normal pelvic ultrasound and common normal variants. Consult this reference where and when you need it at Expert Consult.
- Gynecological and Breast Cytopathology Board Review and Self-Assessment is a comprehensive systems-based review of gynecological and breast cytology including cytomorphology, pitfalls and ancillary studies. Presented in a high-yield format with board-type multiple choice questions and detailed answers, this review includes chapters covering Pap smear cytology, colposcopy, breast FNA, and Pelvic washings. The book is also enriched with features to maximize studying and reviewing of cytopathology, including high-yield review with tables emphasizing key points, board exam-type questions, and high quality full-color images. Written by cytologists and cytopathologists with experience in the practice of modern cytology, as well as intensive teaching experience at national and international levels. Gynecological and Breast Cytopathology Board Review and Self-Assessment provides an excellent review, resource, and self-assessment for pathologists, cytopathologists, cytotechnologists, and trainees preparing for board examinations.
- Gynecological imaging a reference guide to diagnosis 2013, SpringerThis book provides a detailed guide to the use and interpretation of color Doppler ultrasound, CT, and MR imaging in patients with gynecological disorders. The advantages and limitations of each modality in imaging different pathologies are clearly presented, and advice is provided on the most appropriate option when ultrasound does not permit a definite diagnosis or fails to determine the precise extension of a lesion. Throughout, emphasis is placed on the importance of microscopic and macroscopic findings for a full understanding of the radiological appearances, and relevant points from the basic sciences are also highlighted. Special attention is paid to issues of differential diagnosis and imaging results that are characteristic of a particular type of lesion. The authors are recognized experts in the field who draw upon their considerable experience to provide an up-to-date reference book highly relevant to everyday clinical practice.
- Hacker and Moore's Essentials of obstetrics and gynecology. 5th ed. 2010, ClinicalKey
- Handbook of nutrition and pregnancy 2008, Springer
- High risk pregnancy-- management options. 4th ed. 2011, ClinicalKeyHigh Risk Pregnancy examines the full range of challenges in general obstetrics, medical complications of pregnancy, prenatal diagnosis, fetal disease, and management of labor and delivery. Drs. David James, Philip J. Steer, Carl P. Weiner, Bernard Gonik, Caroline Crowther, and Stephen Robson present an evidence-based approach to the available management options, equipping you with the most appropriate strategy for each patient. Prepare for clinical challenges and save time in addressing them thanks to expert advice on treatment options from international contributors. Find and apply the information you need quickly and easily through a consistent organization and at-a-glance summary boxes that discuss evidence-based management options.
- History of cervical cancer and the role of the human papillomavirus, 1960-2000 the transcript of a witness seminar held by the Wellcome Trust Centre for the History of Medicine at UCL, London, on 13 May 2008 2009, Wellcome Trust
- History of diabetes in pregnancy the impact of maternal diabetes on offspring prenatal development and survival 2012, Springer
- History of endometriosis 2011, SpringerPrelude -- Intellectual Development of Carl Von Rokitansky -- Microscopy and the Discovery of Endometriosis and Adenomyosis -- From von Rokitansky to von Recklinghausen to Cullen -- Cullen's Research at Johns Hopkins Hospital -- Adenomyomas of Vagina, Rectum, Sigmoid Colon, and Ovary -- Distribution of Pelvic and Abdominal Adenomyomas -- Sampson's Theory of Implantation Endometriosis -- Life History of Ovarian Endometriomas -- Explication and Defense of Sampson's Theory of Pathogenesis -- Scientific Objectivity -- Epilogue.
- Infection and Cervical Cancer: An Old Fact with a Recent Solution /Lutz Gissman --Human Papillomavirus: Natural History of a Viral Infection in the Genesis of a Cancer /Franco Borruto and Ciro Comparetto --The Immunobiology of Human Papillomavirus Associated Oncogenesis /Peter L. Stern and Mark H. Einstein --The Epidemiology of Cervical Cancer /Xavier Castellsagué, Laia Bruni, Laia Alemany, Mireia Diaz and Silvia de Sanjosé, et al. --The Basic Elements of a Correct Diagnosis: From Cytohistopathology to Screening /Franco Borruto and Ciro Comparetto --Human Papillomavirus DNA Testing: What, How, and When /Ciro Comparetto and Franco Borruto --Colposcopic Appearance of HPV Infection /Santiago Dexeus, Montserrat Cararach and Damian Dexeus --Multiple Aspects of Human Papillomavirus Infections /Franco Borruto and Ciro Comparetto --Prevention of HPV-Associated Diseases in the United States /Diane M. Harper --Immunogenicity, Efficacy, Effectiveness and Overall Impact of HPV Vaccines /Matti Lehtinen, Pekka Nieminen, Dan Apter, Proscowa Namujju and Kari Natunen, et al. --Treatment, Follow-up, and Prevention of Papillomavirus Infection and Cervical Cancer /Franco Borruto and Ciro Comparetto --Therapeutic Vaccines for HPV Infection /Margaret Stanley --Perspectives on Therapeutic HPV Vaccines: Where Are We Now? /Connie Wang, Barbara Ma, Alexander Chen, Chien-Fu Hung and T. C. Wu.
- Human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG). 1st ed. 2010, ScienceDirectPart A: Introduction -- 1. The Expanding World of hCG -- 2. History and Introduction to Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (hCG): One Name for at Least Three Independent Molecules -- 3. Introduction to Pregnancy Implantation, Villous Formation, and Hemochorial Placentation -- Part B: Genetics, Synthesis, Secretion, Structure, and Degradation of hCG -- 4. The Molecular Genetics of hCG -- 5. Structure, Synthesis, Secretion, and Function of hCG -- 6. Comparison of the Structures of hCG and Hyperglycosylated hCG -- 7. Structures of Free a- and ss-Subunits -- 8. Glycobiology of hCG -- 9. Degradation Products of hCG, Hyperglycosylated hCG, and Free ss-Subunit -- 10. Three-Dimensional Structure of hCG -- Part C: Biological Function of hCG -- 11. Paradigm Shift on the Targets of hCG Actions -- 12. The hCG Receptor -- 13. Biological Function of Hyperglycosylated hCG -- 14. Biological Function of the Free ss-Subunit: Expression and Treatment Target in Cancer -- Part D: Clinical Applications -- 15. Use of hCG in Reproductive Dysfunction -- 16. hCG in Assisted Reproduction -- 17. Illicit Use of hCG in Dietary Programs and Use to Promote Anabolism -- Part E: hCG Tests -- 18. Antibodies for Intact hCG, for Total hCG, for Free Subunits, Glycosylation Variants, and for hCG Fragments -- 19. Quantitative hCG Assays -- 20. False Positive hCG Assays -- 21. Specificity of Different hCG Assays -- 22. Point-of-Care Pregnancy Tests -- 23. Over-the-Counter Pregnancy Tests -- 24. hCG Standards -- Part F: Test Applications -- 25. Background hCG -- 26. Pregnancy Testing -- 27. Predicting Spontaneously Aborted (SAB) Pregnancies -- 28. hCG, Hyperglycosylated hCG, and Free ss-Subunit in Predicting Down Syndrome Pregnancies and Preeclampsia -- 29. hCG in Monitoring Gestational Trophoblastic Diseases -- 30. Use of Hyperglycosylated hCG as a Unique Marker of Gestational Trophoblastic Neoplasms -- 31. Pituitary hCG and Familial hCG -- 32. hCG, Free ss-Subunit, and ss-Core Fragment as Markers of Malignancies -- Part G: Basic Methods -- 33. hCG and Hyperglycosylated hCG Purification and Analysis from Serum, Urine, and Culture Fluids -- 34. Dissociation, Desialylation, and Cleavage of hCG -- 35. hCG and Free ss-Subunit Producing Cell Lines -- Part H: Evolution, Summary, and the Future -- 36. Evolution of hCG, Evolution of Humans, and Evolution of Human Pregnancy Disorders and Cancer -- 37. Summary: hCG a Remarkable Molecule -- 38. hCG and the Future.
- Human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) and breastfeeding science, research advances, and policy 2012, SpringerPart 1. Transmission of HIV-1 infection to the infant through breastfeeding -- Breastfeeding and Transmission of HIV-1: Epidemiology and Global Magnitude / Mary Glenn Fowler, Athena P. Kourtis, Jim Aizire, Carolyne Onyango-Makumbi and Marc Bulterys -- Breastfeeding and Transmission of Viruses Other than HIV-1 / Claire L. Townsend, Catherine S. Peckham and Claire Thorne -- Breastfeeding Among HIV-1 Infected Women: Maternal Health Outcomes and Social Repercussions / Elizabeth Stringer and Kate Shearer -- Early Diagnosis of HIV Infection in the Breastfed Infant / Chin-Yih Ou, Susan Fiscus, Dennis Ellenberger, Bharat Parekh and Christine Korhonen, et al. -- Part 2. Mechanisms of HIV-1 transmission through breast milk: Virology -- Virologic Determinants of Breast Milk Transmission of HIV-1 / Susan A. Fiscus and Grace M. Aldrovandi -- HIV-1 Resistance to Antiretroviral Agents: Relevance to Mothers and Infants in the Breastfeeding Setting / Michelle S. McConnell and Paul Palumbo -- Animal Models of HIV Transmission Through Breastfeeding and Pediatric HIV Infection / Koen K. A. Van Rompay and Kartika Jayashankar -- Antiretroviral Pharmacology in Breast Milk / Amanda H. Corbett -- Part 3. Mechanisms of HIV-1 transmission through breast milk: Immunology -- The Immune System of Breast Milk: Antimicrobial and Anti-inflammatory Properties / Philippe Lepage and Philippe Van de Perre -- B Lymphocyte-Derived Humoral Immune Defenses in Breast Milk Transmission of the HIV-1 / Laurent Bélec and Athena P. Kourtis -- Cellular Immunity in Breast Milk: Implications for Postnatal Transmission of HIV-1 to the Infant / Steffanie Sabbaj, Chris C. Ibegbu and Athena P. Kourtis -- Part 4. Prevention of breast milk transmission of HIV-1 --Antiretroviral Drugs During Breastfeeding for the Prevention of Postnatal Transmission of HIV-1 / Athena P. Kourtis, Isabelle de Vincenzi, Denise J. Jamieson and Marc Bulterys -- Immune Approaches for the Prevention of Breast Milk Transmission of HIV-1 / Barbara Lohman-Payne, Jennifer Slyker and Sarah L. Rowland-Jones -- Non-antiretroviral Approaches to Prevention of Breast Milk Transmission of HIV-1: Exclusive Breastfeeding, Early Weaning, Treatment of Expressed Breast Milk / Jennifer S. Read -- Breast Milk Micronutrients and Mother-to-Child Transmission of HIV-1 / Monal R. Shroff and Eduardo Villamor -- Part 5. Research Implementation and Policy Related to Breastfeeding by HIV-1-Infected Mothers -- Historical Perspective of African-Based Research on HIV-1 Transmission Through Breastfeeding: The Malawi Experience / Taha E. Taha -- Breastfeeding and HIV Infection in China / Christine Korhonen, Liming Wang, Linhong Wang, Serena Fuller and Fang Wang, et al. -- The Role of the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief in Infant and Young Child Feeding Guideline Development and Program Implementation / Michelle R. Adler, Margaret Brewinski, Amie N. Heap and Omotayo Bolu -- HIV-1 and Breastfeeding in the United States / Kristen M. Little, Dale J. Hu and Ken L. Dominguez -- Part 6. DEBATE: Should Women With HIV-1 Infection Breastfeed Their Infants? Balancing the Scientific Evidence, Ethical Issues and Cost-Policy Considerations -- Pendulum Swings in HIV-1 and Infant Feeding Policies: Now Halfway Back / Louise Kuhn and Grace Aldrovandi -- Should Women with HIV-1 Infection Breastfeed Their Infants? It Depends on the Setting / Grace John-Stewart and Ruth Nduati -- Part 7. The Epilogue -- The Future of Breastfeeding in the Face of HIV-1 Infection: Science and Policy / Marc Bulterys and Athena P. Kourtis.
- Human papillomavirus a practical guide for urologists 2009, Springer
- Hysterectomy for benign disease 2010, ClinicalKeyThe evolution of uterine surgery and hysterectomy / Anthony Tizzano and Mark D. Walters -- Anatomy of the uterus and its surgical removal / Amy J. Park and Matthew D. Barber -- Epidemiology and indications of hysterectomy : changing trends / Matthew D. Barber -- Pre- and peri-operative considerations and choosing the route of hysterectomy / Mark D. Walters and Tommaso Falcone -- Outcomes of hysterectomy / Matthew D. Barber and Mark D. Walters -- Abdominal hysterectomy / Beri Ridgeway -- Vaginal hysterectomy and trachelectomy : basic surgical techniques / Mark D. Walters -- Difficult vaginal hysterectomy / Matthew D. Barber -- Prophylactic oophorectomy at hysterectomy / James L. Whiteside and Rebecca S. Uranga -- Laparoscopic and robotic-assisted total and supracervical hysterectomy / Marie Fidela R. Paraiso and Pedro F. Escobar -- Complications during hysterectomy / Mark D. Walters and Matthew D. Barber -- Alternative treatments to hysterectomy / Linda D. Bradley and Devorah R. Wieder -- Teaching and learning gynecologic surgery / Gouri B. Diwadkar and J. Eric Jelovsek.
- Hysteroscopy office evaluation and management of the uterine cavity 2008, ClinicalKeyThis new text presents authoritative in-depth coverage of hysteroscopy, a quick in-office procedure for an accurate diagnosis of abnormal vaginal bleeding, uterine adhesions, foreign bodies, uterine structural defects, anatomic defects, and infertility. More than 380 full-color images provide a real-life practice perspective of the conditions you'll encounter. This procedure enables you to take a direct view of any pathology, without the risk of radiation exposure, and decreases the chances of uterine perforation. Chapters encompass a full range of clinical considerations, including instrumentation, imaging, complications, and endometrial ablation. Provides chapters that detail the instrumentation you'll need to effectively perform hysteroscopic procedures. Features a full chapter on imaging, including saline infusion sonography, keeping you current on the latest imaging technology. Offers expert guidance on endometrial ablation, a frequent office procedure used to diagnose and treat abnormal bleeding. Presents coverage of diagnostic and operative hysteroscopy, enabling you to incorporate this technology of increasing clinical use into your practice. Features a color design with more than 380 full-color images that highlight techniques and equip you with a real-life practice perspective.
- Imaging of gynecological disorders in infants and children 2012, SpringerDiagnostic imaging techniques -- Embryology of the female reproductive tract -- Disorders of sex development -- Gynaecological disorders in the neonate and young child -- Structural abnormalities of the female reproductive tract -- Normal growth and puberty -- Delayed precocious puberty -- Menstrual disorders and vaginal discharge -- Gynaecological causes of pelvic pain -- Gynaecological neoplasia -- Breast disorders -- Index.
- Imaging of urogenital diseases a color atlas 2009, Springer
- Immunology of pregnancy 2005, Karger
- Immunology of pregnancy 2006, SpringerEvolution of the mammalian reproductive tract and placentation / Susan Richman and Frederick Naftolin -- Toll-like receptors and pregnancy / Vikki M. Abrahams and Gil Mor -- IL-10 and pregnancy / Shaun P. Murphy and Surendra Sharma -- Th1/Th2 balance of the implantation site in humans / Shigeru Saito, Satomi Miyazaki, and Yasushi Sasaki -- The regulation of human trophoblast apoptosis and survival during pregnancy / Shawn L. Straszewski-Chavez and Gil Mor -- Macrophages and pregnancy / Gil Mor, Roberto Romero, and Vikki M. Abrahams -- Potential role of glucocorticoids in the pathophysiology of intrauterine growth restriction (IUGR) / Seth Guller, Yuehong Ma, and Men-Jean Lee -- NK cells and pregnancy / Mikael Eriksson, Satarupa Basu, and Charles L. Sentman -- The role of corticotropin-releasing hormone (CRH) on implantation and immunotolerance of the fetus / Sophia N. Kalantaridou ... [et al.] --Indoleamine 2,3 dioxygenase-dependent T cell suppression and pregnancy / Babak Baban, Phillip R. Chandler, and Andrew L. Mellor -- Leukemia inhibitory factor in reproduction / Levent M. Senturk and Aydin Arici -- Characterization of human dendritic cells at the materno-fetal interface / Ulrike Kämmerer ... [et al.] -- MHC molecules of the preimplantation embryo and trophoblast / Martina Comiskey, Carol M. Warner, and Danny J. Schust -- Actions of seminal plasma cytokines in priming female reproductive tract receptivity for embryo implantation / Sarah A. Robertson ... [et al.] -- B7 family molecules in the placenta / Margaret G. Petroff -- The role of regulatory T cells in materno-fetal tolerance / Varuna R. Aluvihare and Alexander G. Betz -- The eutherian fetoembryonic defense system hypothesis: an update / Gary F. Clark ... [et al.] -- The nature and role of the decidual T cells / Lucia Mincheva-Nilsson and Vladimir Baranov --Trophoblast cells as immune regulators / Gil Mor and Vikki M. Abrahams -- Inherited thrombophilias and early pregnancy loss / Jens Langhoff-Roos ... [et al.] -- Bi-directional cell trafficking during pregnancy: long-term consequences for human health / Kristina M. Adams and J. Lee Nelson -- Term and preterm parturition / Roberto Romero ... [et al.] -- Interleukin-1 and implantation / Jan-S. Krüssel ... [et al.] -- Immunology and pregnancy losses: HLA, autoantibodies and cellular immunity / Joanne Kwak-Kim, Joon Woo Kim, and Alice Gilman-Sachs.
- Immunology of the female genital tract 2014, Springer
- Insulin resistance and polycystic ovarian syndrome pathogenesis, evaluation, and treatment 2007, Springer1. Evaluation for insulin resistance and comorbidities related to insulin resistance in polycystic ovary syndrome / Ricardo Azziz -- 2. Fat distribution and adipose products in polycystic ovary syndrome / Enrico Carmina -- 3. Treatment of infertility in polycystic ovary syndrome: ovulation induction / Deborah S. Wachs and R. Jeffery Chang -- 4. Imaging studies in polycystic ovary syndrome / Sophie Jonard,Yann Robert, Yves Ardaens, and Didier Dewailly -- 5. Genes related to metabolic abnormalities or insulin resistance in polycystic ovary syndrome / Hector F. Escobar-Morreale -- 6. Anti-androgens / Kiirşad Ünlühizarci and Fahrettin Keleştimur -- 7. Lipid abnormalities in polycystic ovary syndrome / Djuro Macut -- 8. Serine phosphorylation, insulin resistance, and the regulation of androgen synthesis / Andrew A. Bremer and Walter L. Miller -- 9. Chronic treatment of polycystic ovary syndrome: oral contraceptive pills / Shahla Nader -- 10. Insulin-sensitizing drugs for the treatment of infertility in polycystic ovary syndrome / Cynthia S. Ryan and John E. Nestler -- 11. Diet and lifestyle factors in the etiology and management of polycystic ovary syndrome / R.J. Norman and L.J. Moran -- 12. Adrenarche: the interrelationship of androgens/insulin on the development of the metabolic syndrome/polycystic ovary syndrome / Sharon E. Oberfield, Natasha Leibel, Lauren Antler, Miriam Silfen, Lenore S. Levine, Mary Horlick, Goldy Carbunaru, Ximena Lopez, and Songya Pang -- 13. Cardiovascular disease and inflammation / Francesco Orio, Jr., Evanthia Diamanti-Kandarakis, and Stefano Palomba -- 14. Surgery and laser diathermy / Stefano Palomba, Fulvio Zullo, Evanthia Diamanti-Kandarakis, and Francesco Orio, Jr. -- 15. Late pregnancy complications in polycystic ovary syndrome / Dimitrios Panidis and Neoklis A. Georgopoulos -- 16. Glucose intolerance / Vincenzo Toscano -- 16. Hormonal and biochemical evaluation of polycystic ovary syndrome / Bulent O. Yildiz -- 18. Endometrial carcinoma in polycystic ovary syndrome / Emmanuel Diakomanolis -- 19. Statins, oxidative stress, and polycystic ovary syndrome / Pinar H. Kodaman and Antoni J. Duleba -- 20. Glucose intolerance in polycystic ovary syndrome: focus on the [beta]-cell / David A. Ehrmann -- 21. Polycystic ovary syndrome: definitions and epidemiology / Bart C.J.M. Fauser, Frank J. Broekmans, Joop S.E. Laven, Nick S. Macklon, and Basil Tarlatzis -- 22. Anovulation in polycystic ovary syndrome / Steven Franks -- 23. Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease in polycystic overy syndrome / WalterFutterweit -- 24. "Secondary" polycystic ovary syndrome / Gregory Kaltsas and George Chrousos -- 25. Long-term sequelae of polycystic ovary syndrome: association with insulin resistance and the metabolic syndrome / Richard S. Legro -- 26. The Insulin resistance of polycystic ovary syndrome / Marek Demissie, Richard S. Legro, and Andrea Dunaif -- 27. Therapeutic aspects of polycystic ovary syndrome in adolescence / George Mastorakos, Carolina Koliopoulos, and George Creatsas -- 28. Lifestyle intervention in polycystic ovarian syndrome / Onno E. Janssen, Susanne Tan, and Susanne Hahn -- 29. Involvement of the endocannabinoid system in metabolism and fertility: potential implication in the polycystic ovary syndrome / Uberto Pagotto, Alessandra Gambineri, Valentina Vicennati, and Renato Pasquali -- 30. Insulin resistance: definition and epidemiology in normal women and polycystic ovary syndrome women / Renato Pasquali and Alessandra Gambineri -- 31. Clinical evaluation of polycystic ovary syndrome / Ann E. Taylor -- 32. Pharmaceutical intervention in metabolic and cardiovascular risk factors in polycystic ovary syndrome / Evanthia Diamanti-Kandarakis -- 33. Insulin resistance and early pregnancy loss in polycystic ovary syndrome / Daniela Jakubowicz and Susmeeta T. Sharma.
- International handbook of adolescent pregnancy medical, psychosocial, and public health responses 2014, SpringerThe rates are on the decline worldwide. But adolescent pregnancies still occur, placing millions of girls each year at risk for medical complications and social isolation, and their babies for severe health problems--especially when prenatal care is inadequate or nonexistent. But as the opportunity for young women and girls increases around the world, adolescent pregnancy will continue to decline. Featuring reports from countries across the developed and developing worlds, the International Handbook of Adolescent Pregnancy analyzes the scope of the problem and the diversity of social and professional responses. Its biological/ecological perspective identifies factors influencing childhood pregnancy, as well as outcomes, challenges, and needs of very young mothers as they differ across nations and regions. Salient comparisons are made as cultural contexts and community support vary widely, and attention is paid to issues such as child marriage, LGBT concerns, and the impact of religion and politics on health care, particularly access to contraception, abortion, and other services. This global coverage heightens the understanding of readers involved in care, education, and prevention programs, and otherwise concerned with the psychosocial development, reproductive health, and general well-being of girls.
- Intrapartum ultrasonography for labor management 2012, SpringerClinical Evaluation of Labor and Intrapartum Sonography / Thomas Popowski, Patrick Rozenberg -- General Intrapartum Sonography Setup and Use in Labor / Miguel Angel Barber -- The Use of Two-Dimensional (2D) and Three-Dimensional (3D) Ultrasound in the First Stage of Labor / Ariel L. Zimerman -- Intrapartum Sonography and Labor Progression / Torbjørn Moe Eggebø -- Occiput Posterior Position and Intrapartum Sonography / Antonino F. Barbera -- Asynclitism: Clinical and Intrapartum Diagnosis in Labor / Antonino F. Barbera -- The Angle of Progression: An Objective Assessment of Fetal Head Descent in the Birth Canal / Antonino F. Barbera -- Head Rotation in Labor and Intrapartum Sonography Diagnosis with 2D and 3D / Tullio Ghi, Aly Youssef -- Intrapartum Translabial Ultrasound (ITU) to Assess Birth Progress / Boris Tutschek, Thorsten Braun -- Use of Cervical Length in Labor and Delivery / Sushma Potti -- Intrapartum Sonography and Clinical Risk Management / Andrea Tinelli, Sarah Gustapane -- New Technologies for Monitoring Labor Progress / Dan Farine -- Fetal Progression in Birth Canal: State of the Art / Anna Maria Dückelmann.
- Intraperitoneal therapy for ovarian cancer 2010, SpringerCurrent chemotherapy of ovarian cancer -- Principles of intraperitoneal chemotherapy -- Intraperitoneal chemotherapy: phase III trials -- Criteria for using intraperitoneal (IP) chemotherapy for advanced ovarian cancer -- Selection and placement of intraperitoneal catheters for IP chemotherapy for ovarian cancer -- Selection of drugs for intraperitoneal chemotherapy for ovarian cancer -- Administration guidelines for intraperitoneal chemotherapy for ovarian cancer -- Novel drugs for intraperitoneal therapy for ovarian cancer -- Cytoreductive surgery and perioperative intraperitoneal chemotherapy: an ongoing research effort -- Health-related quality of life and patient-reported outcomes.
- I. Women's Health Care -- Primary and Preventive Care -- Breast Diseases -- Critical Care -- Preconception Counseling and Prenatal Care -- II. Obstetrics -- Normal Labor and Delivery, Operative Delivery, and Malpresentations -- Fetal Assessment -- Complications of Labor and Delivery -- Gestational Complications -- Preterm Labor and Preterm Premature Rupture of Membranes -- Third-Trimester Bleeding -- Perinatal Infections -- Congenital Anomalies -- Endocrine Disorders of Pregnancy -- Hypertensive Disorders of Pregnancy -- Cardiopulmonary Disorders of Pregnancy -- Renal Disorders, Gastrointestinal Disorders, and Systemic Lupus Erythematosus in Pregnancy -- Hematologic Disorders of Pregnancy -- Alloimmunization -- Surgical Disease and Trauma in Pregnancy -- Postpartum Care and Breast-feeding -- HIV in Pregnancy -- Obstetric Anesthesia -- III. Gynecology -- Anatomy of the Female Pelvis -- Perioperative Care and Complications of Gynecologic Surgery -- Infections of the Genital Tract -- Ectopic Pregnancy -- Chronic Pelvic Pain -- Urogynecology and Reconstructive Pelvic Surgery -- Fertility Control: Contraception, Sterilization, and Abortion -- Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault -- Pediatric Gynecology -- IV. Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility -- Infertility and Assisted Reproductive Technologies -- Miscarriage and Recurrent Pregnancy Loss -- Uterine Leiomyomas -- Menstrual Disorders: Endometriosis, Dysmenorrhea, and Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder -- Evaluation of Amenorrhea -- Abnormal Uterine Bleeding -- Hyperandrogenism -- Female Sexual Response and Sexual Dysfunction -- Menopause -- V. Gynecologic Oncology -- Diseases of the Vulva and Vagina -- Cervical Intraepithelial Neoplasia -- Cervical Cancer -- Cancer of the Uterine Corpus -- Ovarian Cancer -- Gestational Trophoblastic Disease -- Chemotherapy and Radiation Therapy -- Palliative Care.
- Anatomy of the abdominal wall and vaginal entry in relation to complications of access and injury in laparoscopy / Tom A.J. Schneider -- Surgical technique of traditional laparoscopic access / Gernot Hudelist and Jorg Keckstein -- Laparoscopic abdominal entry by the ternamian threaded visual system / Artin Ternamian -- Initial access to the peritoneal cavity for laparoscopic surgery in obese patients / Charlotte Rabl and Guilherme M. Campos -- The direct optical access: a feasible, reliable, and safe laparoscopic entry / Andrea Tinelli -- Robotic assisted surgery and related abdominal entry / Crisitina Falavolti, Roberto Angioli, Patrizio Damiani, and Maurizio Buscarini -- Robotic assisted surgery entry into gynecological oncology / Farr R. Nezhat and Shao-Chun R. Chang-Jackson -- Single access surgery: less is more? / Tahar Benhidjeb, Michael Stark, Jakob R. Izbicki, and Oliver Mann -- Reduced port surgery: single port access to the abdominal and pelvic cavity / Paul G. Curcillo II, Stephanie A. King, and Erica R. Podolsky -- The evolution of minimally invasive gynecological surgery: gas-less laparoscopic inspection and single hole surgery (GLISHS) / Nicola Gasbarro, Maurizio Brusati, Pietro Lupo, Sandro Gerli, and Gian Carlo Di Renzo -- First abdominal access in gynecological laparoscopy: comparison of techniques / Antonio Malvasi and Andrea Tinelli -- Blind entry at gynecological laparoscopy is substituted by entry under sight: complications in conventional laparoscopic entry / Liselotte Mettler, Wael Sammur, and Antonio Malvasi -- Natural orifice surgery: surgical procedures through natural body openings / Michael Stark and Tahar Benhidjeb -- Access in natural orifice transvaginal endoscopic surgery / Daniel A. Tsin.
- Learning genitourinary and pelvic imaging 2012, SpringerThis introduction to genitourinary and pelvic radiology is a further volume in the Learning Imaging series. Written in a case-based format, the book is subdivided into ten chapters: kidney; adrenal gland; urinary bladder, collecting system and urethra; prostate and seminal vesicles; scrotum; obstetrics; uterus; cervix and vagina; adnexa and retroperitoneum. Genitourinary radiology has undergone a tremendous change owing to advances in ultrasound, CT and MRI that have redefined our understanding of genitourinary and pelvic pathology. Each chapter includes an introduction and ten case studies with illustrations and comments from anatomical, physiopathological and radiological standpoints and with bibliographic recommendations. Learning Genitourinary and Pelvic Imaging will be of value for radiologists, radiology residents, medical students and anybody else working in genitourinary and pelvic pathology.Learning Imaging is a unique case-based series for those in professional education in general and for physicians in particular.
- Management of acute obstetric emergencies 2011, ClinicalKeyEpidemiology of acute obstetric emergencies -- Acute changes in fetal heart rate tracing: when it becomes an emergency -- Evaluation and management of antepartum and intrapartum hemorrhage -- Evaluation and management of postpartum hemorrhage -- Amniotic fluid embolism -- Pulmonary embolism in pregnancy -- Peripartum cardiomyopathy and pulmonary edema -- Management of severe sepsis and septic shock -- Management of hypertensive crisis including stroke -- Management of eclampsia -- Subcapsular liver hematoma -- Diabetic ketoacidosis -- Thyroid storm in pregnancy -- Cardiorespiratory arrest and cardiorespiratory resuscitation in pregnancy -- Indications and techniques for transcervical and abdominal cerclage -- Techniques and complications of planned and emergency cesarean section -- Avoiding and managing lower urinary tract injury during vaginal and abdominal deliveries.
- Management of breast cancer in older women 2010, Springer1. Background and Epidemiology -- Basic Science of Breast Cancer in Older Patients / Irmgard Irminger-Finger -- Tumor Biology and Pathology / Virginie Durbecq and Denis Larsimont Clinical Epidemiology and the Impact of Co-Morbidity on Survival / Adri C. Voogd, Marieke J. Louwman and Jan Willem W. Coebergh -- 2. Special Considerations in the Management of Older Women -- Comprehensive Geriatric Assessment / Margot A. Gosney -- A Practical Mini-Guide to Comprehensive Geriatric Assessment / Siri Rostoft Kristjansson -- Impact of the Physiological Effects of Aging on the Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics of Systemic Breast Cancer Treatment / Paul Hamberg, Maja J. A. de Jonge and Caroline M. Seynaeve -- Impact of Hormone Replacement Therapy on Breast Cancer / Toral Gathani and Valerie Beral -- Experiences of a Multidisciplinary Elderly Breast Cancer Clinic: Using the Right Specialists, in the Same Place, with Time / Anne Stotter, Mohammad Tahir, Robert S. Pretorius and Thompson Robinson -- 3. Therapeutics -- Mammographic Breast Screening in Elderly Women / Lynda Wyld -- Primary Endocrine Therapy for the Treatment of Early Breast Cancer in Older Women / Lynda Wyld and Daniel Hind -- Peroperative Radiotherapy / Roberto Orecchia, Giovanni Battista Ivaldi and Maria Cristina Leonardi -- General and Local Anesthetics / Bernadette Th. Veering -- The Surgical Management of Breast Cancer in Elderly Women / Malcolm W. R. Reed, Lynda Wyld and Riccardo A. Audisio -- Breast Reconstruction / Marcus J. D. Wagstaff, Malcolm W. R. Reed and Christopher M. Caddy -- Adjuvant Endocrine Therapy / Laura Biganzoli -- Adjuvant Chemotherapy / Sumanta Kumar Pal, Nilesh Vora and Arti Hurria -- Adjuvant Radiotherapy / Pierre G. M. Scalliet -- Prevention and Treatment of Skeletal Complications / Matthew C. Winter, Helen L. Neville-Webbe and Robert E. Coleman -- Medical Management of Advanced Disease / Hans P. M. W. Wildiers -- The Use of Chemotherapy in Elderly Cancer Patients: Dose Adjusting, Drug Interactions, and Polypharmacy / Lazzaro Repetto and Claudia Di Bartolomeo -- 4. Psychosocial Considerations -- Delayed Presentation of Breast Cancer in Older Women / Lindsay J. L. Forbes and Amanda J. Ramirez -- Patient Decision Making / Martine Extermann -- Culture, Ethnicity, and Race: Persistent Disparities in Older Women with Breast Cancer / Antonella Surbone and Marjorie Kagawa-Singer -- Supportive, Palliative and End-of-Life Care for Older Breast Cancer Patients / Elaine Cachia, Ruth Broadhurst and Sam H. Ahmedzai.
- Management of breast diseases 2010, SpringerAnatomy and Physiology of the Breast -- Congenital and Developmental Abnormalities of the Breast -- Nipple Discharge -- Mastalgia -- Management of Common Lactation and Breastfeeding Problems -- Evaluation of a Breast Mass -- Breast Cancer Epidemiology -- Breast Cancer Screening -- Breast Imaging -- Premalignant and Malignant Breast Pathology -- Lobular Carcinoma in Situ -- Ductal Carcinoma in Situ -- Surgical Considerations in the Management of Primary Invasive Breast Cancer -- Sentinel Node Concept -- Breast Reconstructive Surgery -- The Role of Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer Management -- Adjuvant Systemic Therapy for Breast Cancer: An Overview -- Endocrine Therapy -- Chemotherapeutic Agents -- HER2-Targeted Therapy -- Inflammatory and Locally Advanced Breast Cancer -- Preoperative (Neoadjuvant) Systemic Therapy -- Metastatic Breast Cancer -- Hormone Replacement Therapy: A Critical Review -- Breast Diseases in Males -- Breast Cancer in the Elderly -- Breast Cancer in Younger Women -- Psychological Support for the Breast Cancer Patient -- Management of the Patient with a Genetic Predisposition for Breast Cancer -- Chemoprevention of Breast Cancer -- Design, Implementation, and Interpretation of Clinical Trials -- Structure of Breast Care Center -- Medicolegal Pitfalls in Breast Cancer Diagnosis and Management.
- Management of gynecological cancers in older women 2013, SpringerThe risk of cancer increases with age and the number of older adults seeking treatment is rising dramatically in line with the aging population. The care of older patients differs from that of younger adults because of variation in the biology of the tumor, age-related variation in host physiology, co-morbidity burden and psychosocial issues, which might impact the efficacy and side effects of cancer therapy.Management of Gynecological Cancers in Older Women focuses on treatment strategies of gynecological cancers and provides guidance on the issues specific to older patients, spanning background and epidemiology, special considerations in the care of older women, therapeutics, and psychosocial considerations. This book offers a thorough review of current approaches to treating older gynecological cancer patients, detailing the special issues and considerations involved. The discipline-spanning coverage outlines best practice and proposes topics for future research.The second volume in the Management of Cancer in Older People series, this book will be of interest to all surgical oncologists, medical oncologists, gerontologists, gynecologists and other members of the multidisciplinary team involved in the care of elderly gynecological cancer patients.
- Manual of obstetrics. 7th ed. 2007, OvidPrenatal care -- Normal labor -- Obstetric anesthesia -- Puerperium -- Contraception, sterilization, and abortion -- Pregnancy loss and spontaneous abortion -- Ectopic pregnancy -- Preterm labor, premature rupture of membranes, and cervical insufficiency -- Third-trimester bleeding -- Abnormal labor -- Preeclampsia -- Cardiovascular disease and chronic hypertension -- Renal complications -- Respiratory complications -- Hepatobiliary complications -- Gastrointestinal complications -- Endocrine disorders: diabetes -- Endocrine disorders: thyroid, parathyroid, adrenal, and pituitary disease -- Hematologic complications -- Immunologic complications -- Vascular complications -- Thromboembolic disorders -- Infectious complications -- Neurologic complications -- Dermatologic complications -- Substance abuse -- Gynecologic complications -- Surgical problems and trauma -- Genetics, genetic counseling, and genetic risk assessment -- Teratogens and birth defects -- Obstetric ultrasound -- Fetal monitoring and testing -- Fetal growth abnormalities -- Multiple gestations -- Isoimmunization -- Disease of the placenta -- Neonatal resusciatation -- Neonatal complications.
- Manual of pathology of the human placenta. 2nd ed. 2011, SpringerPart 1. Approach to the Specimen -- Evaluation of the First-Trimester Products of Conception -- Evaluation of the Second-Trimester Products of Conception -- Macroscopic Evaluation of the Second and Third Trimester Placenta -- Microscopic Evaluation of the Second- and Third-Trimester Placenta -- Part 2. Development and Normal Histology -- Early Placental Development -- Chorionic Villi: Histology and Villous Development -- Overview and Microscopic Survey of the Placenta -- Extravillous Trophoblast, Trophoblastic Invasion, and Fibrinoid -- Part 3. Multiple Gestation -- Multiple Gestation: General Aspects -- Multiple Gestation: Twin Variants and Related Conditions -- Part 4. Abnormalities of the Placenta -- Abortion and the Placenta in Chromosomal Anomalies -- Postpartum Hemorrhage, Subinvolution of the Placental Site, and Placenta Accreta -- Placental Shape Aberrations -- Pathology of the Fetal Membranes -- Part 5. Disease Processes and the Placenta -- Infectious Diseases -- Maternal Diseases Complicating Pregnancy -- Placental Malperfusion -- Miscellaneous Placental Lesions -- Placental Abnormalities in Fetal Conditions -- Fetal Thrombotic Vasculopathy -- Part 6. Neoplasms and Gestational Trophoblast Disease -- Neoplasms -- Hydatidiform Moles -- Choriocarcinoma -- Lesions of Extravillous Trophoblast -- Part 7. Legal Considerations and New Directions -- Legal Considerations -- New Directions: What is New in Placental Studies?
- Maternal obesity and pregnancy 2012, SpringerEpidemiology of Diabetes and Obesity in Pregnancy /Robert Lindsay --Fertility and Obesity /Ulrik Schiøler Kesmodel --Clinical Consequences of Abnormal Glucose Metabolism /Dorte M. Jensen, Per Glud Ovesen and Patrick Catalano --Clinical Management /Jenny Myers and Michael Maresh --Physical Activity and Pregnancy /Bente Klarlund Pedersen --Miscarriage and Malformations /Montserrat Balsells, Apolonia García-Patterson and Rosa Corcoy --Maternal Obesity and Pregnancy /Michael Conall Dennedy and Fidelma Dunne --Gestational Weight Gain /Christina Anne Vinter --Maternal Diabesity and Developmental Programming in the Offspring /Thomas Harder, Joachim W. Dudenhausen and Andreas Plagemann --Obesity in Pregnancy and Ultrasound /Ute M. Schaefer-Graf --Maternal Obesity and Macrosomia /Kinneret Tenenbaum-Gavish and Moshe Hod --Shoulder Dystocia in Maternal Obesity /Polly Weston, Jo Crofts and Tim Draycott --Stillbirth and Infant Mortality /Ellen Aagaard Nohr --Anaesthesia in Maternal Obesity /Ulla Bang and H. Soren Helbo-Hansen --Macrosomia and Neonatology /Bartolomé Bonet --Childhood Obesity: The Impact of Maternal Obesity on Childhood Obesity /Rebecca M. Reynolds --Obesity in Pregnancy: Data from the Hyperglycemia and Adverse Pregnancy Outcome (HAPO) Study /Harold David McIntyre, Lynn P. Lowe, Alan R. Dyer and Boyd E. Metzger --Breastfeeding and Obesity: Impact on Women and Their Children /Tessa Crume and Dana Dabelea --Pregnancy Following Bariatric Surgery /Isabelle Guelinckx, Roland Devlieger and Greet Vansant.
- This document reviews the medical eligibility criteria for use of contraception, offering guidance on the safety of use of different methods for women and men with specific characteristics or known medical conditions. The recommendations are based on systematic reviews of available clinical and epidemiological research. It is a companion guideline to 'Selected Practice Recommendations for Contraceptive Use'. Together, these documents are intended to be used by policy-makers, programme managers, and the scientific community, to support national programmes in the preparation of service delivery guidelines.
- Normal aging and the menopausal transition : what to expect / N. Santoro, G. Neal-Perry -- Sexuality during menopause : deconstructing the myths / A.H. Clayton, D.V. Hamilton -- Cultural and ethnic influences on the menopause transition /J. Bitzer, J. Alder -- Nonhormonal factors associated with psychiatric morbidity during the menopausal transition and midlife / J.T. Bromberger -- Depression during the perimenopausal transition : what have we learned from epidemiological studies? / S. Ferguson, C.N. Soares, B.L. Harlow -- Thermoregulation and menopause : understanding the basic pathophysiology of vasomotor symptoms / D.C. Deecher -- Hormone dynamics and menopausal symptoms : the clinical role of vasomotor symptoms and sleep disturbances / R.R. Freedman -- Managing depression and anxiety during the menopausal transition and beyond : the window of vulnerability / B.N. Frey, C.N. Soares -- Psychotic disorders and menopause : the untold story / A. Riecher-Ros̈sler -- Hormone therapies and menopause : where do we stand in the post-WHI era? / M.P. Warren, K.E. Titchen, M. Steiner.
- "Minimally Invasive Therapy for Urinary Incontinence and Pelvic Organ Prolapse provides a detailed insight into "when, why, what and how" of various minimally invasive surgical procedures for surgical management of SUI, OAB & POP. The volume provides detailed diagrammatic and pictorial step-by-step descriptions of the techniques and management of complications related to these procedures. This book also presents an up to date, one-stop reference for anything pertaining to MIT of these pelvic disorders. Written by experts in the field, Minimally Invasive Therapy for Urinary Incontinence and Pelvic Organ Prolapse is a comprehensive resource designed for both the urologist and urogynecologist treating patients with urinary disorders and pelvic organ prolapsed, as well as for residents in training."--Publisher's website.
- Molecular pathology of gynecologic cancer 2007, Springer
- MRI and CT of the female pelvis 2007, Springer
- Munro Kerr's operative obstetrics. Twelfth edition. [12th ed.] 2014, ClinicalKeyA highly illustrated, practical book covering the obstetric and surgical procedures used in intrapartum care, including commonly used procedures such as assisted vaginal delivery (forceps and vacuum delivery) and more rare techniques such as major vessel ligation and embolization and internal podalic version. The authors take a step-by-step approach to each technique and includes 'tips' and 'pointers' that only an experienced obstetrician would be able to describe. The book is enlivened by the inclusion of short, relevant 'historical highlights'- readers should find these enlightening and entertaining, providing a link with the original Munro Kerr text. Focuses on the intrapartum aspects of obstetric practice - the focus of medico-legal and clinical audit attention. Highly illustrated to show techniques in detailOffers tips and advice to the trainee. Emphasis on practical matters - a step-by-step approachIncludes historical boxes to enliven and entertain.
- Neurological disorders and pregnancy. 1st ed. 2011, ScienceDirectTimely diagnosis and management of neurological diseases during pregnancy poses major therapeutic challenges to neurologists and other non-neurologist health care providers. Pregnancy is a unique period in life associated with significant hormonal and other physiologic changes in female patients, which may trigger or alter the course of neurological and psychiatric disorders. In addition, many diagnostic procedures that can be performed in non-pregnant women are prohibited during pregnancy for safety reasons. Therapeutic decisions and management of a pregnant patient with neurological disorders heavily depends on the issue of the reasonable balance between the risks of no treatment versus active treatment for the mother and her fetus. This book provides a review of the latest findings in this field, giving the neurologist and non-neurologist the information they need to determine the best treatment. Neurological disorders covered include multiple sclerosis, stroke and epilepsy. Discusses how neurological disorders should be managed in a pregnant patient Includes contributions from leading authorities.
- New techniques in genital prolapse surgery 2011, Springer
- Nutrition and diet in menopause 2013, SpringerOverview and General Aspects -- An Overview of the Extent and Nature of Menopause and Its Physiological Basis / Yvonne T. van der Schouw -- Body Composition and Menopausal Transition: A Bioanthropological Perspective / Sylvia Kirchengast M.A., -- Menopause-Related Physiological Changes and Their Possible Control Through Diet and Exercise / Igor Z. Zubrzycki, D.Sc., Magdalena Wiacek, Ted Greiner -- The Role of Polyphenols in Menopause / Isabel Baeza, Mónica De la Fuente -- Bone and Muscle -- Intestinal Calcium Absorption Efficiency in Women and the Influence of Menopause / John Aloia, Albert Shieh -- Calcium Absorption from Fortified Soymilk in Osteopenic Postmenopausal Women / Lily Stojanovska, Anne Lise Tang -- Postmenopausal Homocysteine, Vitamin B12, Folate Levels and Bone Metabolism: A Focus on Fractures / Berna Haliloglu, Hakan Peker -- Antioxidant Vitamins and Carotenoids Associated with Bone Mineral Density in Postmenopause Female Subjects: Japanese Perspectives / Minoru Sugiura -- Soy Protein Isoflavones and Their Effect on Bone in Postmenopausal Women / J. Christopher Gallagher, Vinod Yalamanchili -- S-equol, a Natural Metabolite of Soy Daidzein, for the Treatment of Menopausal Symptoms and Osteoporosis in Postmenopausal Women / Richard L. Jackson, Jeffrey S. Greiwe, Richard J. Schwen -- Tofu in Menopause Therapy and Prevention / Wangjing Ke M.P.H., Ronald Ross Watson -- Dietary Phytoestrogens in Preventing Osteoporosis in Postmenopausal Women: Italian Aspects / Luigi Mario Chiechi -- Curcumin and Its Potential Effects on the Development of Postmenopausal Osteoporosis / Joanna Folwarczna -- Menopause and Sarcopenia: Dietary and Nutritional Aspects / Sébastien Barbat-Artigas, Mylène Aubertin-Leheudre -- Cardiovascular System, Metabolism and Cancer -- Effects of Flaxseed on Cardiovascular Disease Risk Factors in Menopause / Maureen Meister, Brenda J. Smith, Bahram H. Arjmandi -- Magnesium Metabolism in Menopause / S. S. Avinash,, Sreekantha, -- Effect of Folic Acid Supplementation in Postmenopausal Women / Giancarlo Paradisi, Francesca Ianniello, Francesca Basile -- Use of Diet and Myoinositol in Postmenopausal Women: A New Approach to the Metabolic Syndrome / Rosario D'Anna, Maria Lieta Interdonato -- Leptin and Obesity in Ovarian Dysfunction in Menopause / Patrick Rene Diel, Carmen Weigt -- Fat and Fat Distribution in Menopause: Chinese Aspects / Xiaoguang Ma, Wei He, Shankuan Zhu -- Nutrition and Breast Cancer in Premenopausal and Postmenopausal Women in Uruguay / Alvaro L. Ronco, Eduardo De Stéfani -- Obesity, Nutrition, and Cancer in Menopause: European Perspectives / Krasimira Aleksandrova -- Vitamin D and the Menopause: A Focus on Apoptosis in Cancer / Henk R. Franke -- Gynecological Malignancies and Diet in Menopause: From the Biological and Epidemiological Viewpoints / Kiyoshi Ito, Hironobu Sasano, Nobuo Yaegashi -- Psychological Aspects and Cognitive Function -- The Psychology of the Menopause: The Experiences During the Transition and Individual Conceptualization of Menopause / Eleonora Bielawska-Batorowicz -- Cognitive Decline in Menopause / Cristina Larroy, Rosa Vera -- An Overview of Menopausal Dietary Supplements and Cognition / Yuri N. Clement -- Black Cohosh for the Menopausal Transition: Issues of Safety and Efficacy / Gail B. Mahady -- Preclinical Studies: Implications for Human Health -- Animal Models of Menopausal Metabolism / Jameela Banu, Gabriel Fernandes -- Phytoestrogen α-Zearalanol in an Animal Model of Menopause / Wen Wang -- Flaxseed and Bone Health in Animal Models of Menopause / Wendy Elizabeth Ward, Lilian U. Thompson -- Flavonoids of Herba Epimedii and Bone Metabolism in Experimental Ovarian Deficiency / Man-Sau Wong, Yan Zhang -- Dietary Plant Maslinic Acid in Ovariectomy Model of Menopause / Jian Luo, Mingyao Liu -- Interlinking Diet, Nutrition, Menopause and Recommended Resources / Roshanna Rajendram B.Sc. (hons)
- Obesity during pregnancy in clinical practice 2014, Springer
- Obstetric and gynecologic ultrasound case review. 3rd ed. 2013, ClinicalKeyAn outstanding title from the popular Case Review Series, Obstetric and Gynecologic Ultrasound provides 119 case histories, with over 300 corresponding images, questions, answers, commentary, references, and more, to enhance your imaging interpretation skills in obstetric and gynecologic ultrasound. Its discussions incorporate the most recent knowledge from OB/GYN ultrasound literature, providing an excellent review for residents and practitioners alike. Turn to Obstetric and Gynecologic Ultrasound as excellent review for the Boards!Effectively prepare for certification, recertification, and practice with content that mimics the new format of board exams as well as the everyday clinical experience.
- Obstetric anesthesia handbook. 5th ed. 2010, Springer
- Obstetric dermatology a practical guide 2009, Springer
- Obstetric imaging 2012, ClinicalKey"Obstetric Imaging will help you detect fetal abnormalities with greater confidence and accuracy. Covering MRI as well as ultrasound and interventional procedures, it equips you with expert tips for recognizing and addressing problems that you might otherwise miss. Obstetric Imaging provides the advanced guidance you need to recognize fetal health challenges early and respond effectively!"--Publisher's website.
- Obstetric medicine a problem-based approach 2007., Springer
- Print Material
- Obstetrics and gynecology-- a competency-based companion 2010, ClinicalKeyDesigned to teach you to think like a more experienced clinician, Obstetrics and Gynecology: A Competency-Based Companion, by Michael Belden, MD, places as much value on process as it does on content. This unique resource features a case-based organization that hones in on essential knowledge in obstetrics and gynecology. Its convenient pocket-sized format enables you to review the material on the go, and online access via Student Consult enhances your study of the material and exponentially boosts your reference power. Provides high-yield core information essential to rotations in a pocket-sized, portable format. Uses a color-coded system that places core information in a framework of the ACGME Core Competencies. Offers self-assessment activities throughout to promote retention and application of knowledge, including access on line to your own competency-based portfolio tools and competency-specific learning modules (Vertical Reads). Features ACGME Core Competencies enabling you to integrate evidence-based medicine, continual self-assessment, and cognizance of interpersonal skills into your daily routine. Includes features such as "Speaking Intelligently" and "Clinical Thinking" in each chapter to help you see the "big picture." Presents "Teaching Visuals"--An interactive teaching device designed to reinforce visual concepts. Equips you to perform a more in-depth review of obstetric and gynecological topics with "Clinical Entities" that link to top references in the field. Includes access to Student Consult at www.studentconsult.com, where you'll find the complete text and illustrations of the book online, fully searchable . "Integration Links" to bonus content in other Student Consult titles . Self-Assessment Competency Log . Professors Pearls that provide cases with questions and annotated answers . Vertical Reads . and much more!
- Obstetrics and gynecology. 1st. American ed. 2007, ClinicalKeyAbnormal Bleeding -- Pelvic Pain and Dyspareunia -- Vaginal Discharge -- Vulvar Symptoms -- Urinary Incontinence -- Prolapse -- Bleeding and/or Pain in Early Pregnancy -- Infertility -- Menopause -- Bleeding in the Second and Third Trimesters of Pregnancy -- Large- or Small-for-Dates -- Abdominal Pain in the Second and Third Trimesters of Pregnancy -- Hypertension in Pregnancy -- Stillbirth -- Failure to Progress in Labor -- Bleeding after Delivery -- Maternal Collapse -- Abnormal Uterine Bleeding -- Fibroids -- Endometriosis -- Benign Ovarian Tumors -- Gynecologic Malignancy -- Vulvar Disease -- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease -- Urinary Incontinence -- Pelvic Organ Prolapse -- Infertility -- Early Pregnancy Failure -- Menopause -- Contraception, Sterilization, and Unwanted Pregnancy -- Gynecologic Endocrinology -- Prenatal Diagnosis -- Multiple Pregnancy -- Hypertension in Pregnancy -- Medical Disorders in Pregnancy -- Antepartum Hemorrhage -- Premature Labor -- Malpresentation and Malpositions of the Occiput -- Labor -- Operative Intervention in Obstetrics -- Complications of the Third Stage of Labor and the Puerperium -- Maternal Death -- Taking a History -- Prenatal Care -- Examination -- Common Investigations.
- Obstetrics in family medicine a practical guide 2006, SpringerPhysiology -- Preconception care -- Prenatal care -- Medications in pregnancy -- Dysmorphic growth and genetic abnormalities -- Intrauterine growth restriction -- Preterm labor -- Premature rupture of membranes -- Early pregnancy bleeding -- Late pregnancy bleeding -- Recurrent spontaneous abortion -- Rh isoimmunization -- Infection in pregnancy -- Hypertension in pregnancy -- Diabetes in pregnancy -- HIV and pregnancy -- Multigestational pregnancy -- Post-dates pregnancy -- Normal labor -- Induction and augmentation -- Pain management in labor -- Operative delivery -- Prolonged labor -- Shoulder dystocia -- Malpresentation -- Fetal heart rate monitoring -- Maternal fever in labor -- Postpartum hemorrhage -- Perineal laceration and episiotomy -- Newborn evaluation -- Routine hospital postpartum management -- Complications of the hospital postpartum period.
- Print Material
- Obstetrics normal and problem pregnancies. 6th ed. 2012, MD ConsultPlacental anatomy and physiology -- Placental and fetal physiology -- Maternal physiology -- Maternal-fetal immunology -- Developmental origins of adult health and disease -- Preconception and prenatal care: part of the continuum -- Nutritional management during pregnancy -- Drugs and environmental agents in pregnancy and lactation: embryology, teratology, epidemiology -- Obstetrical ultrasound: imaging, dating, and growth -- Genetic counseling and genetic screening -- Prenatal genetic diagnosis -- Antepartum fetal evaluation -- Normal labor and delivery -- Abnormal labor and induction of labor -- Operative vaginal delivery -- Intrapartum fetal evaluation -- Obstetrical anesthesia -- Malpresentations and shoulder dystocia -- Antepartum and postpartum hemorrhage -- Cesarean delivery -- The neonate -- Postpartum care -- Lactation and breastfeeding -- Surgery during pregnancy -- Trauma and related surgery in pregnancy -- Pregnancy loss -- Cervical insufficiency -- Preterm birth -- Premature rupture of the membranes -- Multiple gestations -- Intrauterine growth restriction -- Red cell alloimmunization -- Amniotic fluid disorders -- Prolonged and postterm pregnancy -- Hypertension -- Heart disease -- Respiratory diseases in pregnancy -- Renal disease -- Diabetes mellitus complicating pregnancy -- Thyroid and parathyroid diseases in pregnancy -- Pituitary and adrenal disorders in pregnancy -- Hematologic complications of pregnancy -- Thromboembolic disorders -- Collagen vascular diseases -- Hepatic and gastrointestinal diseases -- Neurologic disorders -- Malignant diseases and pregnancy -- Skin disease in pregnancy and puerperium -- Maternal and perinatal infection: the sexually transmitted diseases chlamydia, gonorrhea, and syphilis -- Maternal and perinatal infection-viral -- Maternal and perinatal infection-bacterial -- Mental health and behavioral disorders in pregnancy -- Patient safety and quality measurement in obstetrical care -- Legal and ethical issues in obstetrical practice.
- Oncofertility communication sharing information and building relationships across disciplines 2014, SpringerOncofertility integrates the two previously distinct fields of cancer treatment and fertility research and aims to explore and expand the reproductive future of cancer survivors. In order to achieve the goal of fertility preservation, the Oncofertility community must focus on communication and the way data is provided and received. Concomitant with the rapidly changing technology of Oncofertility, there have been radical shifts and advances in the way health educators and clinicians can produce and share information. As success rates of reproductive techniques such as egg freezing and banking continue to rise, providing increasing opportunities for young cancer patients to preserve their fertility prior to the onset of cancer treatments, communication among professionals in oncology, reproductive medicine, and psychosocial work, among others, becomes crucial, and clinical demand for Oncofertility information is expected to rise considerably. Oncofertility Communication describes and addresses the myriad channels through which the multiple audiences involved in Oncofertility can be served with appropriate and accurate information about cancer-related fertility issues. The text answers frequently asked questions and provides invaluable insights to scientific and health care professionals about communication among the diverse Oncofertility audiences. It incorporates timely discussions about traditional and emerging electronic communication tools and discusses the impact of health care policy changes on the Oncofertility field.
- Oncoplastic breast surgery a guide to clinical practice 2010, Springer1. General Surgery -- Surgical Anatomy / Elisabeth Würinger -- Breast Cancer Surgery: Standard Principles / Florian Fitzal -- Oncoplastic Breast Surgery / Peter Schrenk -- 2. Oncoplastic Surgery (OPS) -- OPS and Breast Conserving Surgery (BSC) / Peter Schrenk, Elizabeth J. Hall-Findlay, Florian Fitzal, Andrea Grisotti and Donato Casella, et al. -- OPS and Mastectomy / Grant W. Carlson, Francesca De Lorenzi, Mario Rietjens, Andrea Manconi and Daniela Hoch, et al. -- Special Considerations / Florian Fitzal, Rupert Koller, Stefan Gärner, Elisabeth Grafinger-Witt and Mario Rietjens, et al.
- Ovarian cancer 2010, ClinicalKeyPractical, authoritative, and highly-illustrated, this volume in the brand new Early Detection and Treatment of Cancer series covers current protocols and the latest advances in diagnostic imaging and molecular and serologic markers for ovarian cancer. Apply expert advice on the best next-step plan for different presentations and tips for less invasive protocols. Get clinical, hands-on tools to help you make informed decisions on precisely what tests and imaging studies are needed for accurate diagnosis and staging. Clear figures, tables, and boxes illustrate step-by-step care of the full range of problems encountered.
- Ovarian cancer. 2nd ed. 2009, Springer
- Ovarian toxicology. Second edition. [2nd ed.] 2014, CRCnetBASE"Today, we are exposed to an ever-growing number of chemicals in the environment and there is an increasing awareness of the effects of these chemicals on the ovaries. As such, the potential for xenobiotic-induced infertility needs to be better understood. Additionally, menopause-associated disorders are of growing health concern in view of the fact that by the year 2025, 19.5% of the population of the U.S. will be menopause-aged women. Exploring research into chemicals that have the potential to cause early menopause by destroying pre-antral ovarian follicles, this book is an essential resource for researchers in academia, regulatory agencies, and industry"--Provided by publisher.
- Ovary. 2nd ed. 2004, ScienceDirect
- Pathology of the human placenta. 6th ed. 2012, SpringerPathology of the Human Placenta remains the most comprehensive and authoritative text in the field. It provides extensive information on the normal placenta, encompassing physiology, metabolism, and endocrinology, and covers placental diseases in great detail. The conditions discussed include shape aberrations, villous alterations and maldevelopment, erythroblastosis fetalis and hydrops fetalis, transplacental hemorrhage, fetal storage disorders, diverse maternal diseases, and infectious diseases. Further chapters are devoted to abortions, molar pregnancies, trophoblastic neoplasms, benign tumors, and multiple pregnancies. Legal considerations are carefully explored, and this new edition also includes a completely new chapter on artificial reproductive technology. In other respects, too, the book has been extensively revised and expanded, with wide-ranging updates that reflect the most recent progress in the field. Some 800 illustrations are included, many of them in color. The detailed index has been further improved and tables updated. Pathology of the Human Placenta will be of enormous value to pathologists and obstetrician-gynecologists alike.
- Pathology of the placenta. 3rd ed. 2007, ClinicalKeyAppendix 1: Placental weight -- Appendix 2: Medicolegal aspects of placental pathology.Pathology of the placenta: an introduction and overview -- The development and structure of the placenta -- Physiology of the placenta -- Abnormalities of placentation and of placental development -- Macroscopoic abnormalities of the placenta -- Histological abnormalities of the placenta -- The placenta in pregnancies of abnormal duration -- The placenta in maternal disorders -- The placenta in abnormalities and disorders of the fetus -- The placenta in miscarriage -- Infections and inflammatory lesions of the placenta -- The placenta in multiple pregnancy -- Immunopatholgoy of the placenta -- Non-trophoblastic tumours of the placenta -- Gestational trophoblastic disease -- Pathology of the umbilical cord -- Pathology of the membranes -- Correlation of ultrasonic and pathological findings.
- Pathology of the vulva and vagina 2013, SpringerDevelopment and Anatomy: Disorders of Development -- Vulvovaginal Infections -- Noninfectious Dermatoses of the Vulva -- Cysts, Non neoplastic Glandular Lesions, and Glandular Neoplasms of the Vulva and Vagina -- Melanoctyic Lesions of the Vulva and Vagina -- Precursors of Vulvovaginal Squamous Cell Carcinoma -- Squamous Cell Carcinoma and Basal Cell Carcinoma of the Vulva and Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Vagina -- Vulvovaginal Mesenchymal Lesions -- Skin Adnexal Tumors.
- Pediatric and adolescent gynecology evidence-based clinical practice. 2nd rev. and extended ed. 2012, KargerThe extended contents of this second edition reflect the growing spectrum of topics in pediatric and adolescent gynecology. Like its predecessor, this book addresses the most common gynecological problems encountered in childhood medicine, including endocrinological and surgical aspects. New chapters place particular emphasis on an update of technological aspects such as ultrasound, molecular genetics, surgery in sex disorders and new problems encountered in reproductive medicine. The book opens with a comprehensive description of the background of infant and adolescent gynecology and diagnostic tools. Several chapters are devoted to the various pathologies encountered in prepubertal and adolescent girls. Contemporary social issues such as sexual abuse, sexually transmitted diseases, contraception for teenagers and teenage pregnancy are also discussed in detail. Presenting a clear plan for clinical management and treatment of frequently encountered problems in prepubertal and adolescent girls, this book should be read by pediatricians, endocrinologists, gynecologists and family practitioners.
- Pediatric and adolescent gynecology. 5th ed. 2005, OvidOffice evaluation of the child and adolescent -- Ambiguous genitalia in the newborn -- Vulvovaginal problems in the prepubertal child -- The physiology of puberty -- Precocious puberty -- Delayed puberty -- Amenorrhea in the adolescent -- Dysfunctional uterine bleeding -- Androgen abnormalities in the adolescent girl -- Structural abnormalities of the female reproductive tract -- Gynecologic pain : dysmenorrhea, accute and chronic pelvic pain, endometriosis, and premenstrual syndrome -- Education of the child and adolescent -- Pediatric urology in the pediatric and adolescent girl -- Vulvovaginal complaints in the adolescent -- Bacterial sexually transmitted infections : gonorrhea, chlamydia, pelvic inflammatory disease, and syphilis -- Human immunodeficiency virus in young women -- Human papillomavirus infection in children and adolescents -- Benign and malignant ovarian masses -- The breast : examination and lesions -- Contraception -- Teen pregnancy -- Adolescent sexuality -- Gynecologic issues in young women with chronic diseases -- Sexual abuse in the child and adolescent -- Complementary and alternative medicine for gynecology patients -- Legal issues in pediatric and adolescent gynecology.
- Pelvic floor disorders. Surgical approach 2014, Springer
- Pelvic floor dysfunction a multidisciplinary approach 2006, Springer
- Pelvic floor re-education principles and practice. 2nd ed. 2008, SpringerPart I. Function and Dysfunction of the Pelvic Floor and Viscera -- Functional Anatomy of the Pelvic Floor and Lower Urinary Tract / Daniele Perucchini and John O. L. DeLancey -- Neural Control of Pelvic Floor Muscles / David B. Vodušek -- The Effects of Pregnancy and Childbirth on the Pelvic Floor / Kaven Baessler and Bernhard Schüssler -- Muscle Function and Ageing / Brenda Russell and Linda Brubaker -- Urinary Incontinence and Voiding Dysfunction / Annette Kuhn and Bernhard Schüssler -- Pelvic Organ Prolapse / Peggy A. Norton -- Anal Incontinence, Constipation, and Obstructed Defecation / Abdul H. Sultan and A. Muti Abulaffi -- Overactive Pelvic Floor Muscles and Related Pain / Wendy F. Bower -- Part II. Evaluation of the Pelvic Floor -- Clinical Evaluation of the Pelvic Floor Muscles / Diane K. Newman and Jo Laycock -- Examination of Patients with Pelvic Organ Prolapse / Ursula M. Peschers -- Urodynamics / Ursula M. Peschers -- Applying Urodynamic Findings to Clinical Practice / Christopher K. Payne -- Anorectal Physiology / David Z. Lubowski and Michael L. Kennedy -- Ultrasound Imaging / Kaven Baessler and Heinz Kölbl -- Magnetic Resonance Imaging / Thomas Treumann, Ralf Tunn and Bernhard Schüssler -- Electrophysiology / Clare J. Fowler and David B. Vodušek -- Outcome Measures in Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation / Kate H. Moore and Emmanuel Karantanis -- Part III. Techniques of Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation and Muscle Training -- Concepts of Neuromuscular Rehabilitation and Pelvic Floor Muscle Training / Jo Laycock -- Exercise, Feedback, and Biofeedback / Pauline E. Chiarelli and Kate H. Moore -- Electrical Stimulation / Wendy F. Bower -- Extracorporeal Magnetic Stimulation / Alastair R. Morris and Kate H. Moore -- Devices / Ingrid Nygaard and Peggy A. Norton -- Alternative Methods to Pelvic Floor Muscle Awareness and Training / Kaven Baessler and Barbara E. Bell -- Part IV. Treatment: Condition-Specific Assessment and Approaches -- Behavioral Treatment / Kathryn L. Burgio -- Stress Urinary Incontinence / Jo Laycock -- Evidence for the Effectiveness of Pelvic Floor Muscle Training in the Treatment and Antenatal Prevention of Female Urinary Incontinence / E. Jean C. Hay-Smith and Kate H. Moore -- Postpartum Management of the Pelvic Floor / Pauline E. Chiarelli -- Role of a Perineal Clinic / Ranee Thakar -- Overactive Bladder / Kathryn L. Burgio, Dudley Robinson and Linda Cardozo -- Sexual Dysfunction and the Overactive Pelvic Floor / Wendy F. Bower -- Anal Incontinence and Evacuation Difficulties / Christine Norton -- Incontinence During Sports and Fitness Activities / Alain P. Bourcier -- Pelvic Organ Prolapse - Pessary Treatment / Jane A. Schulz and Elena Kwon -- Part V. What to Do if Physiotherapy Fails? -- Stress Urinary Incontinence: Choice of Surgery / Stuart L. Stanton -- Genital Prolapse: Surgery for Failed Conservative Treatment / Stuart L. Stanton -- The Anal Sphincter / Klaus E. Matzel, Manuel Besendörfer and Stefanie Kuschel.
- Perinatal epidemiology for public health practice 2009, SpringerIntroduction / Melisa M. Adams -- Reproductive Health Issues / Melisa M. Adams -- Maternal Morbidity / Melisa M. Adams -- Maternal Mortality / Melisa M. Adams -- Infant Morbidity / Melisa M. Adams -- The Continuum of Reproductive Loss from Pregnancy Through Infancy / Melisa M. Adams -- Birth Weight, Gestational Duration, and Fetal Growth / Melisa M. Adams -- Conclusion / Melisa M. Adams.
- A historical perspective on the psychiatry of motherhood / I. Brockington -- Diagnostic classification of perinatal mood disorders / A. Riecher-Rössler, A. Rohde -- Maternal adversity, vulnerability, and disease / S.G. Matthews, M.J. Meaney -- Behavioral perinatology / P.D. Wadhwa -- Maternal depression: an adverse early environment / A.J. Beach ... [et al.] -- Perinatal infanticide and suicide / M.G. Spinelli -- Relevance of gonadal hormones to perinatal mood and anxiety disorders / A. Ahokas ... [et al.] --Pharmacotherapy for psychiatric disorders in pregnancy / L.E. Ross ... [et al.] -- Maternal depression in the postpartum period: impact of breast-feeding on treatment planning / Z.N. Stowe, K. Ragan, D.J. Newport -- The use of interpersonal psychotherapy for perinatal mood and anxiety disorders / S. Stuart, M.W. O'Hara -- Group psychotherapy for depression in early stages of motherhood / M. Hofecker-Fallahpour, A. Riecher-Rössler -- Alternative treatment strategies for perinatal depression and anxiety / M. O'Higgins, V. Glover, M. Corral.
- Pessaries in clinical practice 2006, Springer
- Physiology of prenatal exercise and fetal development 2012, SpringerMaternal Exercise Throughout Gestation and Fetal Development --Effects of Maternal Exercise on Labor and Delivery --Fetal and Postnatal Growth and Development --Effect on Postnatal Health and Beyond --What are the Barriers to and What is OK for an Exercise Study --Conclusions.
- Placenta and trophoblast methods and protocols Springer Protocolsv. 2 Springer Protocols
- Polycystic ovary syndrome-- current and emerging concepts 2014, SpringerPresenting an overview of the current understanding of the pathophysiology of PCOS and a paradigm for the clinical evaluation and management of the disorder, Polycystic Ovary Syndrome is written in an easy to digest, concise format that, with bulleted key points introducing each chapter, is suitable for the trainee and the busy clinician. The breadth and depth of coverage of today's queries and controversies will be of particular interest to the specialist and researcher. An international group of leading experts addresses the varied etiologies of PCOS, comprehensively covering the contemporary treatment approaches and long-term implications of PCOS, a common yet poorly understood disorder. Chapters on treatment will be of particular relevance to the clinician and the trainee as they cover conventional therapies, lifestyle, and diet, as well as address emerging strategies such as the use of statins and surgery in PCOS management. Spanning the breadth of clinical presentations and morbidities related to the diagnosis of PCOS, Polycystic Ovary Syndrome is an exceptional resource for primary care providers, gynecologists, reproductive endocrinologists, and others involved in the care of these patients, and provides the essential tools to aid clinicians in initiating a timely diagnostic workup and appropriate interventions to address both the immediate and long-term sequelae related to PCOS.
- Polymers for vascular and urogenital applications 2012, CRCnetBASE"In a carefully crafted, multidisciplinary, skillfully focused format, this book covers attributes of polymers used for vascular, urological, and gynecological materials. It provides a brief analysis of how the use of polymers in vascular and urogenital applications has evolved in the past five decades and outlines their common and specific functional requirements. It features small, readable monographs that provide a brief description of the evolving role of a particular material, and present topics in highly integrated, well-balanced, authoritatively prepared segments on materials processing and in vitro and in vivo evaluation, complete with case studies"--Provided by publisher.
- Charting / George T. Danakas -- Gynecologic anatomy / David L. Marchetti -- Abdominal surgical approaches / J. Kevin Fitzpatrick -- Diagnostic studies -- Contraception / Maria A. Corigliano -- Infertility evaluation -- Amenorrhea / Ivan D'Souza -- Abnormal uterine bleeding / George T. Danakas and Diane J. Sutter -- Endometriosis / Ronald E. Batt and Germaine M. Buck -- Gynecologic infections / D. Michael Slate II and Lawrence J. Gugino -- HIV infection in women / Michael Slate II and Lawrence J. Gugino -- Evaluation of lower abdominal and pelvic pain / Avi Sklar and Farkad Balaya -- Differential diagnosis of benign gynecologic conditions / Dennis M. Weppner -- Gynecologic oncology / Alexander B. Olawaiye -- Hirsutism / Arundathi G. Prasad -- Premenstrual syndrome / George T. Danakas and Ibrahim Joulak -- Menopause / Diane J. Sutter -- Labor, delivery, and obstetrics pain management / Farkad Balaya -- High-risk obstetrics -- Antenatal assessment -- Postpartum hemorrhage / John M. O'Brien -- Physiology in pregnancy / Arundathi G. Prasad.
- Practical gynecologic oncology. 4th ed. 2005, Ovid
- Practical pelvic floor ultrasonography a multicompartmental approach to 2D/3D/4D ultrasonography of pelvic floor 2014, SpringerPractical Pelvic Floor Ultrasonography: A Multicompartmental Approach to 2D/3D/4D Ultrasonography of Pelvic Floor provides an introduction to pelvic floor imaging, as well as a resource to be used during initial and more advanced practice. The book helps readers gain competence in performing 2D/3D/4D transperineal, and 2D/3D endovaginal / endoanal ultrasound evaluation of the pelvic floor, including anal sphincter and levator ani complex. The text also shows interested clinicians how to obtain optimal images of pelvic floor muscles and organs, how to obtain useful images of the anal canal, levator ani complex, urethra, and how to interpret clinical implications of alterations of the anatomy. In addition, emerging techniques of dynamic pelvic floor ultrasound and 3D/4D ultrasound are introduced through step by step protocols that are aimed at optimizing sonographic images. Written entirely by experts in their fields, Practical Pelvic Floor Ultrasonography: A Multicompartmental Approach to 2D/3D/4D Ultrasonography of Pelvic Floor is a comprehensive resource that will be of great value to urogynecologists, colorectal surgeons, obstetrician and gynecologists, female urologists, ultrasonographers, radiologists, physiotherapists, as well as fellows in urogynecology and colorectal surgery.
- Prenatal corticosteroids for reducing morbidity and mortality after preterm birth the transcript of a Witness Seminar held by the Wellcome Trust Centre for the history of medicine at UCL, London, on 15 June 2004 2005, Wellcome Trust
- Prenatal diagnosis 2008, Springer ProtocolsSpectral Karyotyping (SKY): Applications in Prenatal Diagnostics / S. Mergenthaler-Gatfield, W. Holzgreve and S. Hahn -- Characterization of prenatally assessed de novo small supernumerary marker chromosomes by molecular cytogenetics / T. Liehr -- Rapid Prenatal Aneuploidy Screening by Fluorescence In Situ Hybridization (FISH) / A. Weise and T. Liehr -- Application of Multi-PRINS to Simultaneously Identify Chromosomes 18, X, and Y in Prenatal Diagnosis / M. Gadji ... [et al.] -- Prenatal Diagnosis Using Array CGH / C.D. Kashork, A. Theisen and L.G. Shaffer -- Prenatal Detection of Chromosome Aneuploidy by Quantitative Fluorescence PCR / K. Mann, E. Petek and B. Pertl -- Real-time quantitative PCR for the detection of fetal aneuploidies / B.G. Zimmermann and L. Dudarewicz -- MLPA for Prenatal Diagnosis of Commonly Occurring Aneuploidies / J. Schouten and R.J. Galjaard -- MALDI-TOF Mass Spectrometry for Trisomy Detection / D.J. Huang, M.R. Nelson and W. Holzgreve -- Rapid Detection of Fetal Mendelian Disorders: Thalassemia and Sickle Cell Syndromes / J. Traeger-Synodinos, C. Vrettou and E. Kanavakis -- Rapid detection of fetal mendalian disorders: tay-sachs disease / E. Guetta and L. Peleg -- Arrayed primer extension reaction for genotyping on oligonucleotide microarray / J. Pullat and A. Metspalu -- A Fast Microelectronic Array for Screening and Prenatal Diagnosis of beta-Thalassemia / B. Foglieni ... [et al.] -- RHD Genotyping from Maternal Plasma: Guidelines and Technical Challenges / N.D. Avent -- Isolation of Cell-Free DNA from Maternal Plasma Using Manual and Automated Systems / D.J. Huang ... [et al.] -- Fetal DNA: Strategies for Optimal Recovery / T.J. Legler ... [et al.] -- Quantification of circulatory fetal DNA in the plasma of pregnant women / B.G. Zimmermann, D.G. Maddocks and N.D. Avent -- Detection and Quantification of Fetal DNA in Maternal Plasma by Using LightCycler Technology / Y. Purwosunu, A. Sekizawa and T. Okai -- Size Fractionation of Cell-Free DNA in Maternal Plasma and Its Application in Noninvasive Detection of Fetal Single Gene Point Mutations / Y. Li, W. Holzgreve and S. Hahn -- Maldi-tof mass spectrometry for analyzing cell-free fetal DNA in maternal plasma / C. Ding -- Isolation of Cell-Free RNA from Maternal Plasma / X.Y. Zhong, W. Holzgreve and D.J. Huang -- A microarray approach for systematic identification of placental-derived RNA markers in maternal plasma / N.B. Tsui and Y.M. Lo -- A novel method to identify syncytiotrophoblast-derived RNA products representative of trisomy 21 placental RNA in maternal plasma / A.T. Go ... [et al.] -- Method for extraction of high-quantity and -quality cell-free DNA from amniotic fluid / O. Lapaire, K.L. Johnson and D.W. Bianchi -- Detection of New Screening Markers for Fetal Aneuploidies in Maternal Plasma: A Proteomic Approach / C.S. Reddy, W. Holzgreve and S. Hahn.
- Themes and purpose -- Prenatal central nervous system development -- Low birth weight and prematurity : effects on child development outcomes -- Pre- and perinatal anoxia and hypoxia -- Prenatal infections -- Maternal chronic illness -- Nutrition -- Maternal stress -- Maternal smoking during pregnancy -- Gestational exposure to alcohol -- Maternal use of illicit drugs -- Air and water pollution -- Heavy metals and household chemicals.
- Psychosocial adaptation to pregnancy seven dimensions of maternal role development. 3rd ed. 2009, Springer
- Pulmonary problems in pregnancy 2009, SpringerNormal pregnancy -- Physiological transition from fetal to neonatal life in pregnancy -- Respiratory physiology in pregnancy -- High altitude, chronic hypoxia, and pregnancy -- Sleep physiology in pregnancy -- General management principles in pregnancy -- Diagnostic imaging in pregnancy -- Prescribing in pregnancy and lactation -- Monitoring fetal well-being in the critical care setting -- Anesthetic considerations in pregnant patients with pulmonary disorders -- Pulmonary disorders in pregnancy -- Obstructive sleep apnea in pregnancy -- Restless legs syndrome and periodic limb movement disorder in pregnancy -- Asthma in pregnancy -- Tuberculosis and pregnancy -- Pneumonia in the pregnant patient -- Chronic pulmonary disease and pregnancy -- Neuromuscular and chest wall diseases in pregnancy -- Pregnancy and the cystic fibrosis patient -- Pulmonary complications of collagen vascular disease in pregnancy -- Venous thromboembolism in pregnancy -- Pulmonary arterial hypertension in pregnancy -- Pulmonary procedures during pregnancy -- Critical illness in pregnancy -- Acute lung injury in pregnancy -- Airway management and mechanical ventilation in pregnancy.
- Front Matter -- Colour Plates -- Factors of High-Risk Pregnancy. Overview of High-Risk Pregnancy / John T Queenan, Catherine Y Spong, Charles J Lockwood -- Maternal Nutrition / Edward R Newton -- Alcohol and Substance Abuse / William F Rayburn -- Environmental Agents and Reproductive Risk / Laura Goetzl -- Genetics. Genetic Screening for Mendelian Disorders / Deborah A Driscoll -- Screening for Congenital Heart Disease / Lynn L Simpson -- First- and Second-Trimester Screening for Fetal Aneuploidy and Neural Tube Defects / Julia Unterscheider, Fergal D Malone -- Monitoring: Biochemical and Biophysical. Sonographic Dating and Standard Fetal Biometry / Eliza Berkley, Alfred Abuhamad -- Fetal Lung Maturity / Alessandro Ghidini, Sarah H Poggi -- Antepartum Fetal Monitoring / Brian L Shaffer, Julian T Parer -- Interpreting Intrapartum Fetal Heart Tracings / Michael Nageotte -- Maternal Disease. Sickle Cell Anemia / Scott Roberts -- Anemia / Alessandro Ghidini -- Thrombocytopenia / Robert M Silver -- Inherited and Acquired Thrombophilias / Michael J Paidas -- Thromboembolic Disorders / Christian M Pettker, Charles J Lockwood -- Cardiac Disease / Stephanie R Martin, Alexandria J Hill, Michael R Foley -- Renal Disease / David C Jones -- Pregnancy in Transplant Patients / James R Scott -- Gestational Diabetes Mellitus / Deborah L Conway -- Diabetes Mellitus / George Saade -- Hypothyroidism and Hyperthyroidism / Brian Casey -- Asthma / Michael Schatz -- Epilepsy / Autumn M Klein, Page B Pennell -- Chronic Hypertension / Heather A Bankowski, Dinesh M Shah -- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus / Christina S Han, Edmund F Funai -- Perinatal Infections / Jeanne S Sheffield -- Malaria / Richard M K Adanu -- Group B Streptococcal Infection / Ronald S Gibbs -- Hepatitis / Patrick Duff -- HIV Infection / Howard L Minkoff -- Pregnancy in Women with Physical Disabilities / Caroline C Signore -- Obstetric Complications. Recurrent Spontaneous Abortion / Charles J Lockwood -- Cervical Insufficiency / John Owen -- Gestational Hypertension, Preeclampsia, and Eclampsia / Labib M Ghulmiyyah, Baha M Sibai -- Postpartum Hemorrhage / Michael A Belfort -- Emergency Care / Garrett K Lam, Michael R Foley -- Rh and Other Blood Group Alloimmunizations / Kenneth J Moise -- Multiple Gestations / Karin E Fuchs, Mary E D'Alton -- Polyhydramnios and Oligohydramnios / Ron Beloosesky, Michael G Ross -- Prevention of Preterm Birth / Paul J Meis -- Pathogenesis and Prediction of Preterm Delivery / Catalin S Buhimschi, Charles J Lockwood -- Preterm Premature Rupture of Membranes / Brian M Mercer -- Management of Preterm Labor / Vincenzo Berghella -- Placenta Previa and Related Placental Disorders / Yinka Oyelese -- Complications of Labor and Delivery. Prolonged Pregnancy / Teresa Marino, Errol R Norwitz -- Induction of Labor / Nicole M Petrossi, Deborah A Wing -- Cesarean Delivery / Michael W Varner -- Vaginal Birth after Cesarean Delivery / Mark B Landon -- Breech Delivery / Edward R Yeomans, Larry C Gilstrap -- Operative Vaginal Delivery / Edward R Yeomans -- Obstetric Analgesia and Anesthesia / Gilbert J Grant -- Patient Safety / Christian M Pettker -- Neonatal Encephalopathy and Cerebral Palsy / Maged M Costantine, Mary E D'Alton, Gary D V Hankins -- Procedures. Genetic Amniocentesis and Chorionic Villus Sampling / Ronald J Wapner -- Fetal Surgery / Robert H Ball, Hanmin Lee -- Index.
- Radiological interventions in obstetrics and gynaecology 2014, SpringerThis book provides a state-of-the-art review of the technical and clinical aspects of the vascular interventional radiological (IR) procedures currently employed in obstetrics and gynaecology. A particular focus is on uterine artery embolisation for fibroid disease, which is contrasted with the main alternative uterus-conserving surgical approach of myomectomy, and with ablation therapy. Detailed consideration is also given to the role of embolisation in a variety of other less common conditions, including arteriovenous malformations, post-partum haemorrhage, abnormal placentation and pelvic congestion syndrome. IR procedures are examined from a critical gynaecological perspective and with regard to surgical alternatives. The authors include leading interventional radiologists and gynaecologists from the United Kingdom, Europe and North America. .
- Radiology illustrated-- gynecologic imaging. 2nd ed. 2012, SpringerPart 1.Ultrasound and Transvaginal Ultrasound: Techniques, Normal Findings, and Variations.Introduction /Min Hoan Moon and Jung Sik Kim --Illustrations /Min Hoan Moon and Jung Sik Kim --pt. 2.Gynecologic CT and MRI: Techniques and Normal Findings.Introduction /Sung Il Jung and Bohyun Kim --Illustrations /Sung Il Jung and Bohyun Kim --pt. 3.Variations and Congenital Anomalies of the Female Genital Tract.Introduction /Jeong Kon Kim --Illustrations /Jeong Kon Kim --pt. 4.Uterine Myoma.Introduction /Byung Kwan Park --Illustrations /Byung Kwan Park --pt. 5.Adenomyosis.Introduction /Byung Kwan Park --Illustrations /Byung Kwan Park --pt. 6.Imaging Evaluation of Uterine Cervical Carcinoma.Introduction /Seung Hyup Kim and Kyung-Sik Cho --Illustrations /Seung Hyup Kim and Kyung-Sik Cho --pt. 7.Endometrial Cancer.Introduction /Sung Il Hwang and Seung Hyup Kim --Illustrations /Sung Il Hwang and Seung Hyup Kim.pt. 8.Miscellaneous Tumors of the Uterus.Introduction /Yu Ri Shin and Sung Eun Rha --Illustrations /Yu Ri Shin and Sung Eun Rha --pt. 9.Post-treatment Changes and Recurrence of Uterine Malignancies.Introduction /Dae Chul Jung and Kie Hwan Kim --Illustrations /Dae Chul Jung and Kie Hwan Kim --pt. 10.Gestational Trophoblastic Diseases.Introduction /Jae Young Byun and Seung Eun Jung --Illustrations /Jae Young Byun and Seung Eun Jung --pt. 11.Miscellaneous Diseases of the Uterus.Introduction /Seung Eun Jung and Jae Young Byun --Illustrations /Seung Eun Jung and Jae Young Byun --pt. 12.Ovarian Cysts and Cystic Disease.Introduction /Hyuck Jae Choi --Illustrations /Hyuck Jae Choi --pt. 13.Ovarian Tumors: General Considerations and Mode of Spread.Introduction /Min Hoan Moon --Illustrations /Min Hoan Moon --pt. 14.Epithelial Tumors of the Ovary.Introduction /Sung Bin Park and Min Hoan Moon --Illustrations /Sung Bin Park and Min Hoan Moon.pt. 15.Germ Cell Tumors of the Ovary.Introduction /Sun Ho Kim --Illustrations /Sun Ho Kim --pt. 16.Sex Cord-Stromal Tumors of the Ovary.Introduction /Jung Suk Sim --Illustrations /Jung Suk Sim --pt. 17.Miscellaneous Tumors of the Ovary and Adnexa.Introduction /Chang Kyu Sung and Jung Suk Sim --Illustrations /Chang Kyu Sung and Jung Suk Sim --pt. 18.Endometriosis.Introduction /Hyun Lee and Jeong Yeon Cho --Illustrations /Hyun Lee and Jeong Yeon Cho --pt. 19.Adnexal Torsion.Introduction /Sung Eun Rha and Young-Hwa Kim --Illustrations /Sung Eun Rha and Young-Hwa Kim --pt. 20.Pelvic Inflammatory Disease and Tubo-ovarian Abscess.Introduction /Jeong Yeon Cho --Illustrations /Jeong Yeon Cho --pt. 21.Ectopic Pregnancy.Introduction /Min Hoan Moon and Young-Ho Lee --Illustrations /Min Hoan Moon and Young-Ho Lee.pt. 22.Vagina and Vulva.Introduction /Sun Ho Kim and Bohyun Kim --Illustrations /Sun Ho Kim and Bohyun Kim --pt. 23.Vascular Diseases of the Female Pelvis.Introduction /Seong Jin Park --Illustrations /Seong Jin Park --pt. 24.Pediatric Gynecologic Diseases./Introduction /So-Young Yoo and Woo Sun Kim --Illustrations /So-Young Yoo and Woo Sun Kim --pt. 25.Nongynecologic Lesions Mimicking Gynecologic Diseases.Introduction /Bum Sang Cho and Seung Hyup Kim --Illustrations /Bum Sang Cho and Seung Hyup Kim --pt. 26.Hysterosalpingography.Introduction /Hak Jong Lee --Illustrations /Hak Jong Lee --pt. 27.Sonohysterography.Introduction /Eun Ju Lee --Illustrations /Eun Ju Lee --pt. 28.Gynecologic Nonvascular Interventions.Introduction /See Hyung Kim and Seung Hyup Kim --Illustrations /See Hyung Kim and Seung Hyup Kim --pt. 29.Obstetric and Gynecologic Vascular Interventions.Introduction /Man-Deuk Kim and Jin Wook Chung --Illustrations.
- Rare and uncommon gynecological cancers a clinical guide 2011, SpringerEpidemiology and databases -- Rare and uncommon gynecological cancers: a clinical guide -- The contribution of diagnostic imaging in rare gynecological malignancies -- Mucinous cancers: ovary -- Pseudomyxoma peritonei -- Ovarian clear cell carcinoma -- Clear cell carcinoma of the ovary -- The continuum of serious ovarian tumors of low malignant potential and low-grade serous carcinoma of the ovary -- Sex cord-stromal tumors -- Squamous cell carcinomas arising from dermoids -- Ovarian carcinosarcomas -- Small cell and neuroendocrine cancers of the ovary -- Primary ovarian carcinoids and neuro-endocrine tumors including struma ovarii -- Reed uterine carcinosarcomas -- Leiomyosarcomas of uterus -- Mucinous tumors of the uterine corpus -- Clear cell cancers of uterus -- Small cell and neuroendocrine cancers of the cervix -- Primary malignant melanoma of the vulva and vagina -- Gynecologic cancers in pregnancy: guidelines of an international consensus meeting.
- Reducing racial/ethnic disparities in reproductive and perinatal outcomes the evidence from population-based interventions 2011, SpringerIntroduction: challenges in reducing disparities in reproductive and perinatal outcomes through evidence-based public health -- Methodological approach to assessing the evidence -- Evidence-based public health: origins, assumptions, and cautions -- Access to family planning and induced abortion -- Preconceptional health promotion -- Infertility status and infertility treatment: racial and ethnic disparities -- Public health interventions for perinatal HIV and STI screening in pregnancy -- What is the role of prenatal care in reducing racial and ethnic disparities in pregnancy outcomes? -- Current approaches to reducing premature births and implications for disparity elimination -- Prenatal case management of pregnant women: what is the evidence for its contribution to a reduction of disparities in perinatal outcomes? -- Behavioral treatment methods for pregnant smokers: the evidence base for prenatal care programs and professional practice -- Substance abuse in pregnancy: the impact of screening and treatment on improving perinatal outcomes and reducing racial and ethnic disparities -- The evidence for perinatal depression screening and treatment -- Supplemental nutrition programs during pregnancy and the early postnatal period -- Group prenatal care and doula care for pregnant women -- Contemporary childbirth in the United States: interventions and disparities -- Regionalized perinatal care: an evidence-based intervention in development.
- Reoperative pelvic surgery 2009, Springer
- Reproductive and hormonal aspects of systemic autoimmune diseases 2006, ScienceDirect
- Reproductive endocrinology a molecular approach 2009, SpringerBasis for molecular reproductive biology -- Introduction to the molecular organization of the endocrine/reproductive system -- Extracellular signaling receptors -- Molecules that transmit information into the cell: the intracellular signaling pathways -- Introduction to molecular biology: structure and function of the macromolecules of genetic information -- Regulation of gene expression -- Molecular basis of abnormal phenotype -- Tools of molecular reproductive biology -- Recombinant DNA technology -- Techniques for DNA analysis -- Analyzing gene expression -- DNA microarray analysis -- Computer assisted analysis of genes -- Introduction to gene therapy -- Molecular regulation of reproductive hormones -- GnRH-GnRH-receptor system in the mammalian female reproductive tract -- FSH: one hormone with multiple forms, or a family of multiple hormones -- FSH receptor: one receptor with multiple forms or a family of receptors -- Regulation of the early steps in gonadal steroidogenesis -- Prostaglandins and their mechanisms of action in the cyclic ovary -- Androgens: molecular basis and related disorders -- Leptin as a reproductive hormone -- Neurosteroids and sexual behavior and reproduction -- Molecular regulation of the reproductive organs and tissues -- Autocrine and paracrine regulation of the ovary -- Ovarian endocrine activity: role of follistatin, activin, and inhibin -- Hormonal and molecular regualtion of the cytochrome P450 aromatase gene expression in the ovary -- Epigenetic mechanisms of ovarian gene regulation -- Ovarian function and failure: the role of the oocyte and its molecules -- Molecular control of corpus luteum function -- Molecular landscape of spermatogonial stem cell renewal, meiotic sex chromosome inactivation, and spermatic head shaping.
- Research and development in breast ultrasound 2005, Springer
- Scientific basis of healthcare. AIDS and pregnancy / 2012, CRCnetBASEHIV/AIDS : an overview / Francis Agyemang-Yeboah and Bernard C. Nkum -- Can teens teach other teens HIV prevention? : implications for AIDS and pregnancy / Ganga Mahat and Maryann Scoloveno -- Knowledge of antenatal attendees about HIV/AIDS in pregnancy / Anietie Effiong Moses, Emem Abasi Bassey, and Godwin Etim Asuquo -- Midwives and occupational exposures to HIV / Maria Ganczak -- Pregnancy and delivery in HIV positive women : antenatal care and outcome / Karoline Aebi-Popp, Christoph Rudin, and Luigia Elzi -- Management of HIV/AIDS stigma : nursing perspectives / Susan W. Gaskins -- Prenatal assistance to pregnant women with HIV/AIDS / Prescilla Chow ... [et al.] -- Antenatal screening and HIV-pregnancy : strategies for treatment / Ali A. Al-Jabri ... [et al.] -- Low lymphocyte count in HIV-pregnancy and strategies for treatment / Alashle Abimiku and Evaezi Okpokoro -- Antiretroviral regimens recommended for prevention of mother-to-child transmission of HIV / Christiana Smith and Adriana Weinberg -- Pregnancy-related adverse effects of antiretroviral therapy / Elie Azria, Sophie Matheron, and Dominique Luton.
- Preconceptual risk factors / James A. O'Leary -- Antepartum risk factors / James A. O'Leary -- Role of ultrasound in shoulder dystocia / James A. O'Leary -- Intrapartum risk factors / James A. O'Leary -- Pelvimetry / James A. O'Leary -- Recognition of disproportion / James A. O'Leary -- Delivery techniques / James A. O'Leary -- The McRoberts maneuver / James A. O'Leary -- Cephalic replacement : the Gunn-Zavanelli-O'Leary maneuver / James A. O'Leary -- Infant injury / James A. O'Leary -- In utero causation of brachial plexus injury : myth or mystery? / James A. O'Leary -- Recurrent shoulder dystocia / James A. O'Leary -- Predisposing factors for shoulder dystocia-related birth injuries : causation analysis / Leslie Iffy, Joseph J. Apuzzio, and Vijaya Raju -- Recognition, classification, and management of shoulder dystocia : the relationship to causation of brachial plexus injury / Michael S. Kreitzer -- Minimizing the risks of shoulder dystocia-related fetal injuries / Leslie Iffy -- The maternal fetal medicine viewpoint : causation and litigation / Barry S. Schifrin and Wayne R. Cohen -- Brachial plexus injury at cesarean section / Michael S. Kreitzer and James A. O'Leary -- Delivery of the nondiabetic macrosomic infant / Lisa Gittens-Williams -- The midwifery view of shoulder dystocia / Judith S. Mercer and Debra A. Erickson-Owens -- Recent research : relevant and reliable / James A. O'Leary -- Observations on the etiology of brachial plexus birth palsy based on radiographic, intraoperative, and histologic findings / Stephen M. Russell, Israel Alfonso, and John A.I. Grossman.
- Signs in MR-mammography 2008, Springer
- Surgical management of pelvic organ prolapse. 1st ed. 2013, ClinicalKeyEpidemiology, risk factors, and social impact of pelvic organ prolapse / Corina Schmid and Christopher F. Maher -- Surgical anatomy of the pelvis and the anatomy of pelvic support / Mickey Karram -- Preoperative evaluation and staging of patients with pelvic organ prolapse / Mickey Karram -- Indications and techniques for vaginal hysterectomy and vaginal trachelectomy in patients with pelvic organ prolapse / Mickey Karram -- Surgical procedures to suspend a prolapsed uterus / Christopher F. Maher and Mickey Karram -- Robot-assisted laparoscopic colpo- and cervicosacropexy with the da Vinci Surgical System / Catherine A. Matthews -- Surgical management of apical vaginal prolapse / Christopher Maher and Mickey Karram -- Surgical management of anterior vaginal wall prolapse / Christopher F. Maher and Mickey Karram -- Surgical correction of posterior pelvic floor defects / Mickey Karram -- Obliterative procedures for pelvic organ prolapse / Janelle Evans and Mickey Karram -- Surgery for pelvic organ prolapse : avoiding and managing complications / Mickey Karram and Christopher F. Maher.
- Te Linde's Operative gynecology. 10th ed. 2008, OvidSection I: General topics affecting gynecologic surgery practice -- Operative gynecology before the era of laparoscopy: a brief history / Gert H. Brieger -- The ethics of pelvic surgery / Ruth M. Farrell, Eli A. Rybak, and Edward Wallach -- Psychological aspects of pelvic surgery / Betty Ruth Speir -- Professional liability and risk management for the gynecologic surgeon / Charles J. Ward -- The changing environment in which we practice gynecologic surgery / Eric J. Bieber and Edie L. Derian -- Training the gynecologic surgeon / Robert M. Rogers, Jr. --Section II: Principles of anatomy and perioperative considerations -- Surgical anatomy of the female pelvis / John O. L. DeLancey -- Preoperative care / Sanford M. Markham and John A. Rock -- Postanesthesia and postoperative care / Alexander Duncan, Ira R. Horowitz, and Kenneth Kalassian -- Water, electrolyte, and acid-base metabolism / Jack B. Basil -- Postoperative infections: prevention and management / W. David Hager and John W. Larsen -- Shock in the gynecologic patient / Harriet O. Smith and Heather M. Greene -- Wound healing, suture material, and surgical instrumentation / Gary H. Lipscomb --Section III: Principles of gynecologic surgical techniques and management of endoscopy -- Incisions for gynecologic surgery / James J. Burke II and Donald G. Gallup -- Principles of electrosurgery as applied to gynecology / Richard M. Soderstrom and Andrew I. Brill -- Application of laser gynecology / John L. Marlow -- Diagnostic and operative laparoscopy / Howard T. Sharp, Sean L. Francis, and Ana Alvarez Murphy -- Operative hysteroscopy / Michael S. Baggish -- Control of pelvic hemorrhage / Howard W. Jones III and William A. Rock, Jr. --Section IV: Surgery for fertility -- The impact of assisted reproductive technology on gynecological surgery / Howard W. Jones, Jr. -- Reconstructive tubal surgery / Victor Gomel and Elizabeth Taylor -- Endometriosis / John S. Hesla and John A. Rock --Section V: Surgery for benign gynecologic conditions -- Surgical conditions of the vulva / Ira R. Horowitz, Joseph Buscema, and Bhagirath Majmudar -- Surgical conditions of the vagina and urethra / Celia E. Dominguez, John A. Rock, and Ira R. Horowitz -- Surgery for anomalies of the müllerian ducts / John A. Rock and Lesley L. Breech -- Normal and abnormal uterine bleeding / William J. Butler and David E. Carnovale -- Tubal sterilization / Herbert B. Peterson, Amy E. Pollack, and Jeffrey S. Warshaw -- Surgery for benign disease of the ovary / Joseph S. Sanfilippo and John A. Rock -- Persistent or chronic pelvic pain / John F. Steege -- Pelvic inflammatory disease / Mark G. Martens -- Leiomyomata uteri and myomectomy / Lesley L. Breech and John A. Rock -- Abdominal hysterectomy / Howard W. Jones III -- Vaginal hysterectomy / S. Robert Kovac -- Laparoscopic hysterectomy / Fred M. Howard --Section VI: Surgery for obstetrics -- Management of abortion / Melissa J. Kottke and Mimi Zieman -- Ectopic pregnancy / Mark A. Damario and John A. Rock -- Obstetric problems / Cornelia R. Graves -- Ovarian tumors complicating pregnancy / Cornelia R. Graves and Lynn Parker --Section VII: Surgery for corrections of defects in pelvic support and pelvic fistulas -- Pelvic organ prolapse----basic principles / Carl W. Zimmerman -- Site-specific repair of cystourethrocele / Carl W. Zimmerman -- Paravaginal defect repair / Bobby Shull -- Posterior compartment defects / Thomas M. Julian -- Vaginal vault prolapse / Steven D. Kleeman and Mickey M. Karram -- The nonsurgical management of pelvic organ prolapse: the use of vaginal pessaries / Rony A. Adam -- Stress urinary incontinence / Alfred E. Bent -- Operative injuries to the ureter / Paul Underwood, Jr. -- Vesicovaginal fistula and urethrovaginal fistula / G. Rodney Meeks and Ted M. Roth -- Anal incontinence and rectovaginal fistulas / Michael P. Aronson and Raymond A. Lee --Section VIII: Related surgery -- Breast diseases: benign and malignant / Victoria L. Green -- The vermiform appendix in relation to gynecology / Barry K. Jarnagin -- Intestinal tract in gynecologic surgery / Kelly L. Molpus -- Nongynecologic condition encountered by the gynecologic surgeon / James R. Dolan and Michael D. Moen --Section IX: Gynecologic oncology -- Malignancies of the vulva / Mitchel S. Hoffman -- Cervical cancer precursors and their management / Howard W. Jones III -- Cancer of the cervix / Dennis S. Chi ... [et al.] -- Endometrial cancer / Marta Ann Crispens -- Ovarian cancer: etiology, screening, and surgery / John R. Van Nagell, Jr., and David M. Gershenson -- Pelvic exenteration / Thomas W. Burke -- Surgical reconstruction of the pelvis in gynecologic cancer patients / Luis E. Mendez and Manuel Penalver.
- Therapiehandbuch Gynäkologie und Geburtshilfe 2007, Springer
- Third-party reproduction a comprehensive guide 2014, SpringerThe first IVF conceived birth in 1978 resulted in a significant growth of third party reproductive options which continue to raise ethical, legal, and psychological questions. Third party reproduction procedures can involve as many as five people: sperm donor, egg donor, gestational carrier, and intended parents. Third-Party Reproduction: A Comprehensive Guide utilizes experts in the field to address the medical, psychological, ethical and legal aspects of sperm donation, egg donation, embryo donation, and the use of gestational carriers. In addition, there are chapters on the medical and ethical aspects of posthumous reproduction, religious aspects of third party reproduction, and how to avoid pitfalls of third party reproduction. Aimed at physicians, trainees, psychologists, nurses, and social workers whose practices may include patients considering third party reproduction, the intent of this book is to provide a comprehensive and practical overview of the many aspects of third party reproduction to help all those involved to better understand them. Patients considering third party reproduction may also find value in this book.
- Ultrasonography in obstetrics and gynecology. 5th ed. 2008, ClinicalKey
- Ultrasound in gynecology. 2nd ed. 2007, ClinicalKeyUltrasound in gynecology: development and continuing evolution -- Applied physics: selecting and adjusting the equipment -- Instrumentation, modality selection, and documentation -- Conducting the gynecologic ultrasound examination -- Relevant pelvic anatomy -- Adenomyosis -- Congenital uterine anomalies -- Adnexal masses -- Menopausal dilemmas: how ultrasound has changed clinical management -- Lower urinary tract -- Early pregnancy -- Pregnancy failure -- Ectopic pregnancy -- Infertility -- Sonohysterography -- Ultrasound-guided procedures in gynecology -- Color doppler mapping in gynecology -- Transvaginal sonography and ovarian cancer -- Three-dimensional ultrasound in gynecology -- Ultrasound-enhanced bimanual examination -- Differential diagnosis of inflammatory diseases of the pelvis -- Pearls and pitfalls of transvaginal sonography.
- Urogynecology evidence-based clinical practice. 2nd ed. 2013, SpringerTaking the history -- Physical examination -- How to manage the patient after history and examination -- How to conduct urodynamic studies: essentials of a good urodynamic report -- Outcome measures used to assess response -- Conservative therapy of urodynamic stress incontinence -- Step-by-step guide to treatment of overactive bladder (OAB)/Detrusor overactivity -- Anal incontinence and disorders of obstructive defecation -- Surgery for urodynamic stress incontinence -- Management of prolapse -- Recurrent bacterial cystitis in women -- Interstitial cystitis.
- Urogynecology in primary care 2007, Springer
- Urologic surgery for the gynecologist and urogynecologist female pelvic surgery. 1st ed. 2010, ClinicalKeyAnatomy of the female urinary tract / John A. Occhino, Christine A. Heisler, and John B. Gebhart -- Imaging of the female urinary tract / Bohyun Kim, John B. Gebhart, and Akira Kawashima -- Cystourethroscopy for the gynecologist / Gamal M. Ghoniem and John B. Gebhart -- Reconstructive procedures performed on the urethra / John B. Gebhart -- Surgical procedures performed on the urinary bladder / Christopher J. Klingele and John B. Gebhart -- Avoiding and managing ureteral injury during pelvic surgery / Emanuel C. Trabuco and John B. Gebhart.
- Uterine cancer screening, diagnosis, and treatment 2009., SpringerEssential epidemiology of cancer of the endometrium -- Endometrial cancer: screening, diagnosis, and surgical staging -- Imaging in the diagnosis and treatment of endometrial cancer -- Uterine cancer: pathology -- Molecular pathology and cytogenetics of endometrial carcinoma, carcinosarcoma, and uterine sarcomas -- Prognostic factors in uterine cancer -- Primary hormonal therapy of endometrial cancer -- Early-stage endometrial cancer: surgery -- Early-stage endometrial cancer: radiation -- Therapeutic modalities in early-stage uterine papillary serous carcinomas, carcinosarcomas, clear-cell and mixed histology carcinomas: building a case for combined chemotherapy and radiation -- Treatment of advanced and recurrent carcinoma: hormonal therapy -- Treatment of advanced and recurrent carcinoma: chemotherapy -- Treatment for advanced and recurrent carcinoma: combined modalities -- Management of uterine sarcomas -- Future directions: new targets.
- Vaginal surgery for incontinence and prolapse 2006, Springer
- Vaginal surgery for the urologist. 1st ed. 2012, ClinicalKeyHow to perform a focused pelvic examination on a woman with pelvic floor dysfunction / Eva Fong, Mickey Karram and Victor W. Nitti -- Vaginal incisions and dissection / Victor W. Nitti and Benjamin M. Brucker -- Pelvic organ prolapse : introduction, nonsurgical management, and planning of surgical repair / Grace Y. Biggs, Victor W. Nitti, Mickey Karram -- Repair of anterior vaginal wall prolapse / Victor W. Nitti and Mickey Karram -- Indications and techniques for vaginal hysterectomy for uterine prolapse / Nirit Rosenblum Victor W. Nitti -- Vaginal Repair of enterocele and apical prolapse / Victor W. Nitti and Mickey Karram -- Repair of the posterior vaginal compartment / Nirit Rosenblum and Victor W. Nitti -- Repair of pelvic organ prolapse utilizing synthetic mesh kits / Janelle Evans and Mickey Karram -- Obliterative procedures for the correction of pelvic organ prolapse / Benjamin M. Brucker, Denise Chow and Victor W. Nitti -- Urethral diverticulectomy / Victor W. Nitti -- Benign vaginal wall masses and paraurethral lesions / Sagar R. Shah and Victor W. Nitti -- Female urethral reconstruction / Victor W. Nitti and Nirit Rosenblum -- Treatment of obstruction following stress incontinence surgery / Sagar R. Shah and Victor W. Nitti -- Vaginal repair of urethrovaginal and vesicovaginal fistulae / Nirit Rosenblum and Victor W. Nitti -- Avoiding and managing vaginal surgery complications-a series of case discussions / Mickey Karram.
- Vertical scar mammaplasty 2005, Springer
- "As women of childbearing age have become heavier, the trade-off between maternal and child health created by variation in gestational weight gain has become more difficult to reconcile. Weight Gain During Pregnancy responds to the need for a reexamination of the 1990 Institute of Medicine guidelines for weight gain during pregnancy. It builds on the conceptual framework that underscored the 1990 weight gain guidelines and addresses the need to update them through a comprehensive review of the literature and independent analyses of existing databases. The book explores relationships between weight gain during pregnancy and a variety of factors (e.g., the mother's weight and height before pregnancy) and places this in the context of the health of the infant and the mother, presenting specific, updated target ranges for weight gain during pregnancy and guidelines for proper measurement. New features of this book include a specific range of recommended gain for obese women. Weight Gain During Pregnancy is intended to assist practitioners who care for women of childbearing age, policy makers, educators, researchers, and the pregnant women themselves to understand the role of gestational weight gain and to provide them with the tools needed to promote optimal pregnancy outcomes."--Back cover.
- What every woman should know about cervical cancer 2008, Springer
- Williams Gynecology. 2nd ed. 2012, AccessMedicineSection 1. Benign General Gynecology -- Section 2. Reproductive Endocrinology, Infertility, and the Menopause -- Section 3. Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery -- Section 4. Gynecologic Oncology -- Section 5. Aspects of Gynecologic Surgery -- Section 6. Atlas of Gynecologic Surgery.
- Print Material
- Williams Obstetrics. 23rd ed. 2010 (23rd ed.), AccessMedicineOverview of obstetrics -- Maternal anatomy -- Implantation, embryogenesis, and placental development -- Fetal growth and development -- Maternal physiology -- Parturition -- Preconceptional counseling -- Abortion -- Ectopic pregnancy -- Gestational trophoblastic disease -- Genetics -- Prenatal diagnosis and fetal therapy -- Teratology and medications that affect the fetus -- Antepartum assessment -- Fetal imaging -- Normal labor and delivery -- Intrapartum assessment -- Obstetrical anesthesia -- Abnormal labor -- Disorders of amnionic fluid volume -- Labor induction -- Forceps delivery and vacuum extraction -- Breech presentation and delivery -- Cesarean delivery and peripartum hysterectomy -- Prior cesarean delivery -- Abnormalities of the placenta, umbilical cord, and membranes -- The newborn infant -- Diseases and injuries of the fetus and newborn -- The puerperium -- Puerperal infection -- Contraception -- Sterilization -- Pregnancy hypertension -- Obstetrical hemorrhage -- Preterm birth -- Postterm pregnancy -- Fetal growth disorders -- Multifetal gestation -- Reproductive tract abnormalities -- General considerations and maternal evaluation -- Critical care and trauma -- Obesity -- Cardiovascular disease -- Chronic hypertension -- Pulmonary disorders -- Thromboembolic disorders -- Renal and urinary tract disorders -- Gastrointestinal disorders -- Hepatic, gallbladder, and pancreatic disorders -- Hematological disorders -- Diabetes -- Thyroid and other endocrine disorders -- Connective-tissue disorders -- Neurological and psychiatric disorders -- Dermatological disorders -- Neoplastic diseases -- Infectious diseases -- Sexually transmitted diseases.
- Print Material
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
Bookmark on other websites
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases