Books by Subject
- 5-minute consult clinical companion to women's health — History of cervical cancer and the role of the human papillomavirus, 1960-2000 the transcript of a witness seminar held by the Wellcome Trust Centre for the History of Medicine at UCL, London, on 13 May 2008 (100)
- History of diabetes in pregnancy the impact of maternal diabetes on offspring prenatal development and survival — Research and development in breast ultrasound (100)
- Saving women's lives strategies for improving breast cancer detection and diagnosis — Women's health a primary care clinical guide. 3rd ed. (28)
Obstetrics and GynecologyAccess restricted to Stanford unless otherwise noted
- History of diabetes in pregnancy the impact of maternal diabetes on offspring prenatal development and survival 2012, Springer
- History of endometriosis 2011, SpringerPrelude -- Intellectual Development of Carl Von Rokitansky -- Microscopy and the Discovery of Endometriosis and Adenomyosis -- From von Rokitansky to von Recklinghausen to Cullen -- Cullen's Research at Johns Hopkins Hospital -- Adenomyomas of Vagina, Rectum, Sigmoid Colon, and Ovary -- Distribution of Pelvic and Abdominal Adenomyomas -- Sampson's Theory of Implantation Endometriosis -- Life History of Ovarian Endometriomas -- Explication and Defense of Sampson's Theory of Pathogenesis -- Scientific Objectivity -- Epilogue.
- Infection and Cervical Cancer: An Old Fact with a Recent Solution /Lutz Gissman --Human Papillomavirus: Natural History of a Viral Infection in the Genesis of a Cancer /Franco Borruto and Ciro Comparetto --The Immunobiology of Human Papillomavirus Associated Oncogenesis /Peter L. Stern and Mark H. Einstein --The Epidemiology of Cervical Cancer /Xavier Castellsagué, Laia Bruni, Laia Alemany, Mireia Diaz and Silvia de Sanjosé, et al. --The Basic Elements of a Correct Diagnosis: From Cytohistopathology to Screening /Franco Borruto and Ciro Comparetto --Human Papillomavirus DNA Testing: What, How, and When /Ciro Comparetto and Franco Borruto --Colposcopic Appearance of HPV Infection /Santiago Dexeus, Montserrat Cararach and Damian Dexeus --Multiple Aspects of Human Papillomavirus Infections /Franco Borruto and Ciro Comparetto --Prevention of HPV-Associated Diseases in the United States /Diane M. Harper --Immunogenicity, Efficacy, Effectiveness and Overall Impact of HPV Vaccines /Matti Lehtinen, Pekka Nieminen, Dan Apter, Proscowa Namujju and Kari Natunen, et al. --Treatment, Follow-up, and Prevention of Papillomavirus Infection and Cervical Cancer /Franco Borruto and Ciro Comparetto --Therapeutic Vaccines for HPV Infection /Margaret Stanley --Perspectives on Therapeutic HPV Vaccines: Where Are We Now? /Connie Wang, Barbara Ma, Alexander Chen, Chien-Fu Hung and T. C. Wu.
- Human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG). 1st ed. 2010, ScienceDirectPart A: Introduction -- 1. The Expanding World of hCG -- 2. History and Introduction to Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (hCG): One Name for at Least Three Independent Molecules -- 3. Introduction to Pregnancy Implantation, Villous Formation, and Hemochorial Placentation -- Part B: Genetics, Synthesis, Secretion, Structure, and Degradation of hCG -- 4. The Molecular Genetics of hCG -- 5. Structure, Synthesis, Secretion, and Function of hCG -- 6. Comparison of the Structures of hCG and Hyperglycosylated hCG -- 7. Structures of Free a- and ss-Subunits -- 8. Glycobiology of hCG -- 9. Degradation Products of hCG, Hyperglycosylated hCG, and Free ss-Subunit -- 10. Three-Dimensional Structure of hCG -- Part C: Biological Function of hCG -- 11. Paradigm Shift on the Targets of hCG Actions -- 12. The hCG Receptor -- 13. Biological Function of Hyperglycosylated hCG -- 14. Biological Function of the Free ss-Subunit: Expression and Treatment Target in Cancer -- Part D: Clinical Applications -- 15. Use of hCG in Reproductive Dysfunction -- 16. hCG in Assisted Reproduction -- 17. Illicit Use of hCG in Dietary Programs and Use to Promote Anabolism -- Part E: hCG Tests -- 18. Antibodies for Intact hCG, for Total hCG, for Free Subunits, Glycosylation Variants, and for hCG Fragments -- 19. Quantitative hCG Assays -- 20. False Positive hCG Assays -- 21. Specificity of Different hCG Assays -- 22. Point-of-Care Pregnancy Tests -- 23. Over-the-Counter Pregnancy Tests -- 24. hCG Standards -- Part F: Test Applications -- 25. Background hCG -- 26. Pregnancy Testing -- 27. Predicting Spontaneously Aborted (SAB) Pregnancies -- 28. hCG, Hyperglycosylated hCG, and Free ss-Subunit in Predicting Down Syndrome Pregnancies and Preeclampsia -- 29. hCG in Monitoring Gestational Trophoblastic Diseases -- 30. Use of Hyperglycosylated hCG as a Unique Marker of Gestational Trophoblastic Neoplasms -- 31. Pituitary hCG and Familial hCG -- 32. hCG, Free ss-Subunit, and ss-Core Fragment as Markers of Malignancies -- Part G: Basic Methods -- 33. hCG and Hyperglycosylated hCG Purification and Analysis from Serum, Urine, and Culture Fluids -- 34. Dissociation, Desialylation, and Cleavage of hCG -- 35. hCG and Free ss-Subunit Producing Cell Lines -- Part H: Evolution, Summary, and the Future -- 36. Evolution of hCG, Evolution of Humans, and Evolution of Human Pregnancy Disorders and Cancer -- 37. Summary: hCG a Remarkable Molecule -- 38. hCG and the Future.
- Human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) and breastfeeding science, research advances, and policy 2012, SpringerPart 1. Transmission of HIV-1 infection to the infant through breastfeeding -- Breastfeeding and Transmission of HIV-1: Epidemiology and Global Magnitude / Mary Glenn Fowler, Athena P. Kourtis, Jim Aizire, Carolyne Onyango-Makumbi and Marc Bulterys -- Breastfeeding and Transmission of Viruses Other than HIV-1 / Claire L. Townsend, Catherine S. Peckham and Claire Thorne -- Breastfeeding Among HIV-1 Infected Women: Maternal Health Outcomes and Social Repercussions / Elizabeth Stringer and Kate Shearer -- Early Diagnosis of HIV Infection in the Breastfed Infant / Chin-Yih Ou, Susan Fiscus, Dennis Ellenberger, Bharat Parekh and Christine Korhonen, et al. -- Part 2. Mechanisms of HIV-1 transmission through breast milk: Virology -- Virologic Determinants of Breast Milk Transmission of HIV-1 / Susan A. Fiscus and Grace M. Aldrovandi -- HIV-1 Resistance to Antiretroviral Agents: Relevance to Mothers and Infants in the Breastfeeding Setting / Michelle S. McConnell and Paul Palumbo -- Animal Models of HIV Transmission Through Breastfeeding and Pediatric HIV Infection / Koen K. A. Van Rompay and Kartika Jayashankar -- Antiretroviral Pharmacology in Breast Milk / Amanda H. Corbett -- Part 3. Mechanisms of HIV-1 transmission through breast milk: Immunology -- The Immune System of Breast Milk: Antimicrobial and Anti-inflammatory Properties / Philippe Lepage and Philippe Van de Perre -- B Lymphocyte-Derived Humoral Immune Defenses in Breast Milk Transmission of the HIV-1 / Laurent Bélec and Athena P. Kourtis -- Cellular Immunity in Breast Milk: Implications for Postnatal Transmission of HIV-1 to the Infant / Steffanie Sabbaj, Chris C. Ibegbu and Athena P. Kourtis -- Part 4. Prevention of breast milk transmission of HIV-1 --Antiretroviral Drugs During Breastfeeding for the Prevention of Postnatal Transmission of HIV-1 / Athena P. Kourtis, Isabelle de Vincenzi, Denise J. Jamieson and Marc Bulterys -- Immune Approaches for the Prevention of Breast Milk Transmission of HIV-1 / Barbara Lohman-Payne, Jennifer Slyker and Sarah L. Rowland-Jones -- Non-antiretroviral Approaches to Prevention of Breast Milk Transmission of HIV-1: Exclusive Breastfeeding, Early Weaning, Treatment of Expressed Breast Milk / Jennifer S. Read -- Breast Milk Micronutrients and Mother-to-Child Transmission of HIV-1 / Monal R. Shroff and Eduardo Villamor -- Part 5. Research Implementation and Policy Related to Breastfeeding by HIV-1-Infected Mothers -- Historical Perspective of African-Based Research on HIV-1 Transmission Through Breastfeeding: The Malawi Experience / Taha E. Taha -- Breastfeeding and HIV Infection in China / Christine Korhonen, Liming Wang, Linhong Wang, Serena Fuller and Fang Wang, et al. -- The Role of the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief in Infant and Young Child Feeding Guideline Development and Program Implementation / Michelle R. Adler, Margaret Brewinski, Amie N. Heap and Omotayo Bolu -- HIV-1 and Breastfeeding in the United States / Kristen M. Little, Dale J. Hu and Ken L. Dominguez -- Part 6. DEBATE: Should Women With HIV-1 Infection Breastfeed Their Infants? Balancing the Scientific Evidence, Ethical Issues and Cost-Policy Considerations -- Pendulum Swings in HIV-1 and Infant Feeding Policies: Now Halfway Back / Louise Kuhn and Grace Aldrovandi -- Should Women with HIV-1 Infection Breastfeed Their Infants? It Depends on the Setting / Grace John-Stewart and Ruth Nduati -- Part 7. The Epilogue -- The Future of Breastfeeding in the Face of HIV-1 Infection: Science and Policy / Marc Bulterys and Athena P. Kourtis.
- Human papillomavirus a practical guide for urologists 2009, Springer
- Hysterectomy for benign disease 2010, ClinicalKeyThe evolution of uterine surgery and hysterectomy / Anthony Tizzano and Mark D. Walters -- Anatomy of the uterus and its surgical removal / Amy J. Park and Matthew D. Barber -- Epidemiology and indications of hysterectomy : changing trends / Matthew D. Barber -- Pre- and peri-operative considerations and choosing the route of hysterectomy / Mark D. Walters and Tommaso Falcone -- Outcomes of hysterectomy / Matthew D. Barber and Mark D. Walters -- Abdominal hysterectomy / Beri Ridgeway -- Vaginal hysterectomy and trachelectomy : basic surgical techniques / Mark D. Walters -- Difficult vaginal hysterectomy / Matthew D. Barber -- Prophylactic oophorectomy at hysterectomy / James L. Whiteside and Rebecca S. Uranga -- Laparoscopic and robotic-assisted total and supracervical hysterectomy / Marie Fidela R. Paraiso and Pedro F. Escobar -- Complications during hysterectomy / Mark D. Walters and Matthew D. Barber -- Alternative treatments to hysterectomy / Linda D. Bradley and Devorah R. Wieder -- Teaching and learning gynecologic surgery / Gouri B. Diwadkar and J. Eric Jelovsek.
- Hysteroscopy office evaluation and management of the uterine cavity 2008, ClinicalKeyThis new text presents authoritative in-depth coverage of hysteroscopy, a quick in-office procedure for an accurate diagnosis of abnormal vaginal bleeding, uterine adhesions, foreign bodies, uterine structural defects, anatomic defects, and infertility. More than 380 full-color images provide a real-life practice perspective of the conditions you'll encounter. This procedure enables you to take a direct view of any pathology, without the risk of radiation exposure, and decreases the chances of uterine perforation. Chapters encompass a full range of clinical considerations, including instrumentation, imaging, complications, and endometrial ablation. Provides chapters that detail the instrumentation you'll need to effectively perform hysteroscopic procedures. Features a full chapter on imaging, including saline infusion sonography, keeping you current on the latest imaging technology. Offers expert guidance on endometrial ablation, a frequent office procedure used to diagnose and treat abnormal bleeding. Presents coverage of diagnostic and operative hysteroscopy, enabling you to incorporate this technology of increasing clinical use into your practice. Features a color design with more than 380 full-color images that highlight techniques and equip you with a real-life practice perspective.
- Imaging of gynecological disorders in infants and children 2012, SpringerDiagnostic imaging techniques -- Embryology of the female reproductive tract -- Disorders of sex development -- Gynaecological disorders in the neonate and young child -- Structural abnormalities of the female reproductive tract -- Normal growth and puberty -- Delayed precocious puberty -- Menstrual disorders and vaginal discharge -- Gynaecological causes of pelvic pain -- Gynaecological neoplasia -- Breast disorders -- Index.
- Imaging of urogenital diseases a color atlas 2009, Springer
- Immunology of pregnancy 2005, Karger
- Immunology of pregnancy 2006, SpringerEvolution of the mammalian reproductive tract and placentation / Susan Richman and Frederick Naftolin -- Toll-like receptors and pregnancy / Vikki M. Abrahams and Gil Mor -- IL-10 and pregnancy / Shaun P. Murphy and Surendra Sharma -- Th1/Th2 balance of the implantation site in humans / Shigeru Saito, Satomi Miyazaki, and Yasushi Sasaki -- The regulation of human trophoblast apoptosis and survival during pregnancy / Shawn L. Straszewski-Chavez and Gil Mor -- Macrophages and pregnancy / Gil Mor, Roberto Romero, and Vikki M. Abrahams -- Potential role of glucocorticoids in the pathophysiology of intrauterine growth restriction (IUGR) / Seth Guller, Yuehong Ma, and Men-Jean Lee -- NK cells and pregnancy / Mikael Eriksson, Satarupa Basu, and Charles L. Sentman -- The role of corticotropin-releasing hormone (CRH) on implantation and immunotolerance of the fetus / Sophia N. Kalantaridou ... [et al.] --Indoleamine 2,3 dioxygenase-dependent T cell suppression and pregnancy / Babak Baban, Phillip R. Chandler, and Andrew L. Mellor -- Leukemia inhibitory factor in reproduction / Levent M. Senturk and Aydin Arici -- Characterization of human dendritic cells at the materno-fetal interface / Ulrike Kämmerer ... [et al.] -- MHC molecules of the preimplantation embryo and trophoblast / Martina Comiskey, Carol M. Warner, and Danny J. Schust -- Actions of seminal plasma cytokines in priming female reproductive tract receptivity for embryo implantation / Sarah A. Robertson ... [et al.] -- B7 family molecules in the placenta / Margaret G. Petroff -- The role of regulatory T cells in materno-fetal tolerance / Varuna R. Aluvihare and Alexander G. Betz -- The eutherian fetoembryonic defense system hypothesis: an update / Gary F. Clark ... [et al.] -- The nature and role of the decidual T cells / Lucia Mincheva-Nilsson and Vladimir Baranov --Trophoblast cells as immune regulators / Gil Mor and Vikki M. Abrahams -- Inherited thrombophilias and early pregnancy loss / Jens Langhoff-Roos ... [et al.] -- Bi-directional cell trafficking during pregnancy: long-term consequences for human health / Kristina M. Adams and J. Lee Nelson -- Term and preterm parturition / Roberto Romero ... [et al.] -- Interleukin-1 and implantation / Jan-S. Krüssel ... [et al.] -- Immunology and pregnancy losses: HLA, autoantibodies and cellular immunity / Joanne Kwak-Kim, Joon Woo Kim, and Alice Gilman-Sachs.
- Immunology of the female genital tract 2014, Springer
- Insulin resistance and polycystic ovarian syndrome pathogenesis, evaluation, and treatment 2007, Springer1. Evaluation for insulin resistance and comorbidities related to insulin resistance in polycystic ovary syndrome / Ricardo Azziz -- 2. Fat distribution and adipose products in polycystic ovary syndrome / Enrico Carmina -- 3. Treatment of infertility in polycystic ovary syndrome: ovulation induction / Deborah S. Wachs and R. Jeffery Chang -- 4. Imaging studies in polycystic ovary syndrome / Sophie Jonard,Yann Robert, Yves Ardaens, and Didier Dewailly -- 5. Genes related to metabolic abnormalities or insulin resistance in polycystic ovary syndrome / Hector F. Escobar-Morreale -- 6. Anti-androgens / Kiirşad Ünlühizarci and Fahrettin Keleştimur -- 7. Lipid abnormalities in polycystic ovary syndrome / Djuro Macut -- 8. Serine phosphorylation, insulin resistance, and the regulation of androgen synthesis / Andrew A. Bremer and Walter L. Miller -- 9. Chronic treatment of polycystic ovary syndrome: oral contraceptive pills / Shahla Nader -- 10. Insulin-sensitizing drugs for the treatment of infertility in polycystic ovary syndrome / Cynthia S. Ryan and John E. Nestler -- 11. Diet and lifestyle factors in the etiology and management of polycystic ovary syndrome / R.J. Norman and L.J. Moran -- 12. Adrenarche: the interrelationship of androgens/insulin on the development of the metabolic syndrome/polycystic ovary syndrome / Sharon E. Oberfield, Natasha Leibel, Lauren Antler, Miriam Silfen, Lenore S. Levine, Mary Horlick, Goldy Carbunaru, Ximena Lopez, and Songya Pang -- 13. Cardiovascular disease and inflammation / Francesco Orio, Jr., Evanthia Diamanti-Kandarakis, and Stefano Palomba -- 14. Surgery and laser diathermy / Stefano Palomba, Fulvio Zullo, Evanthia Diamanti-Kandarakis, and Francesco Orio, Jr. -- 15. Late pregnancy complications in polycystic ovary syndrome / Dimitrios Panidis and Neoklis A. Georgopoulos -- 16. Glucose intolerance / Vincenzo Toscano -- 16. Hormonal and biochemical evaluation of polycystic ovary syndrome / Bulent O. Yildiz -- 18. Endometrial carcinoma in polycystic ovary syndrome / Emmanuel Diakomanolis -- 19. Statins, oxidative stress, and polycystic ovary syndrome / Pinar H. Kodaman and Antoni J. Duleba -- 20. Glucose intolerance in polycystic ovary syndrome: focus on the [beta]-cell / David A. Ehrmann -- 21. Polycystic ovary syndrome: definitions and epidemiology / Bart C.J.M. Fauser, Frank J. Broekmans, Joop S.E. Laven, Nick S. Macklon, and Basil Tarlatzis -- 22. Anovulation in polycystic ovary syndrome / Steven Franks -- 23. Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease in polycystic overy syndrome / WalterFutterweit -- 24. "Secondary" polycystic ovary syndrome / Gregory Kaltsas and George Chrousos -- 25. Long-term sequelae of polycystic ovary syndrome: association with insulin resistance and the metabolic syndrome / Richard S. Legro -- 26. The Insulin resistance of polycystic ovary syndrome / Marek Demissie, Richard S. Legro, and Andrea Dunaif -- 27. Therapeutic aspects of polycystic ovary syndrome in adolescence / George Mastorakos, Carolina Koliopoulos, and George Creatsas -- 28. Lifestyle intervention in polycystic ovarian syndrome / Onno E. Janssen, Susanne Tan, and Susanne Hahn -- 29. Involvement of the endocannabinoid system in metabolism and fertility: potential implication in the polycystic ovary syndrome / Uberto Pagotto, Alessandra Gambineri, Valentina Vicennati, and Renato Pasquali -- 30. Insulin resistance: definition and epidemiology in normal women and polycystic ovary syndrome women / Renato Pasquali and Alessandra Gambineri -- 31. Clinical evaluation of polycystic ovary syndrome / Ann E. Taylor -- 32. Pharmaceutical intervention in metabolic and cardiovascular risk factors in polycystic ovary syndrome / Evanthia Diamanti-Kandarakis -- 33. Insulin resistance and early pregnancy loss in polycystic ovary syndrome / Daniela Jakubowicz and Susmeeta T. Sharma.
- International handbook of adolescent pregnancy medical, psychosocial, and public health responses 2014, SpringerThe rates are on the decline worldwide. But adolescent pregnancies still occur, placing millions of girls each year at risk for medical complications and social isolation, and their babies for severe health problems--especially when prenatal care is inadequate or nonexistent. But as the opportunity for young women and girls increases around the world, adolescent pregnancy will continue to decline. Featuring reports from countries across the developed and developing worlds, the International Handbook of Adolescent Pregnancy analyzes the scope of the problem and the diversity of social and professional responses. Its biological/ecological perspective identifies factors influencing childhood pregnancy, as well as outcomes, challenges, and needs of very young mothers as they differ across nations and regions. Salient comparisons are made as cultural contexts and community support vary widely, and attention is paid to issues such as child marriage, LGBT concerns, and the impact of religion and politics on health care, particularly access to contraception, abortion, and other services. This global coverage heightens the understanding of readers involved in care, education, and prevention programs, and otherwise concerned with the psychosocial development, reproductive health, and general well-being of girls.
- Intrapartum ultrasonography for labor management 2012, SpringerClinical Evaluation of Labor and Intrapartum Sonography / Thomas Popowski, Patrick Rozenberg -- General Intrapartum Sonography Setup and Use in Labor / Miguel Angel Barber -- The Use of Two-Dimensional (2D) and Three-Dimensional (3D) Ultrasound in the First Stage of Labor / Ariel L. Zimerman -- Intrapartum Sonography and Labor Progression / Torbjørn Moe Eggebø -- Occiput Posterior Position and Intrapartum Sonography / Antonino F. Barbera -- Asynclitism: Clinical and Intrapartum Diagnosis in Labor / Antonino F. Barbera -- The Angle of Progression: An Objective Assessment of Fetal Head Descent in the Birth Canal / Antonino F. Barbera -- Head Rotation in Labor and Intrapartum Sonography Diagnosis with 2D and 3D / Tullio Ghi, Aly Youssef -- Intrapartum Translabial Ultrasound (ITU) to Assess Birth Progress / Boris Tutschek, Thorsten Braun -- Use of Cervical Length in Labor and Delivery / Sushma Potti -- Intrapartum Sonography and Clinical Risk Management / Andrea Tinelli, Sarah Gustapane -- New Technologies for Monitoring Labor Progress / Dan Farine -- Fetal Progression in Birth Canal: State of the Art / Anna Maria Dückelmann.
- Intraperitoneal therapy for ovarian cancer 2010, SpringerCurrent chemotherapy of ovarian cancer -- Principles of intraperitoneal chemotherapy -- Intraperitoneal chemotherapy: phase III trials -- Criteria for using intraperitoneal (IP) chemotherapy for advanced ovarian cancer -- Selection and placement of intraperitoneal catheters for IP chemotherapy for ovarian cancer -- Selection of drugs for intraperitoneal chemotherapy for ovarian cancer -- Administration guidelines for intraperitoneal chemotherapy for ovarian cancer -- Novel drugs for intraperitoneal therapy for ovarian cancer -- Cytoreductive surgery and perioperative intraperitoneal chemotherapy: an ongoing research effort -- Health-related quality of life and patient-reported outcomes.
- I. Women's Health Care -- Primary and Preventive Care -- Breast Diseases -- Critical Care -- Preconception Counseling and Prenatal Care -- II. Obstetrics -- Normal Labor and Delivery, Operative Delivery, and Malpresentations -- Fetal Assessment -- Complications of Labor and Delivery -- Gestational Complications -- Preterm Labor and Preterm Premature Rupture of Membranes -- Third-Trimester Bleeding -- Perinatal Infections -- Congenital Anomalies -- Endocrine Disorders of Pregnancy -- Hypertensive Disorders of Pregnancy -- Cardiopulmonary Disorders of Pregnancy -- Renal Disorders, Gastrointestinal Disorders, and Systemic Lupus Erythematosus in Pregnancy -- Hematologic Disorders of Pregnancy -- Alloimmunization -- Surgical Disease and Trauma in Pregnancy -- Postpartum Care and Breast-feeding -- HIV in Pregnancy -- Obstetric Anesthesia -- III. Gynecology -- Anatomy of the Female Pelvis -- Perioperative Care and Complications of Gynecologic Surgery -- Infections of the Genital Tract -- Ectopic Pregnancy -- Chronic Pelvic Pain -- Urogynecology and Reconstructive Pelvic Surgery -- Fertility Control: Contraception, Sterilization, and Abortion -- Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault -- Pediatric Gynecology -- IV. Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility -- Infertility and Assisted Reproductive Technologies -- Miscarriage and Recurrent Pregnancy Loss -- Uterine Leiomyomas -- Menstrual Disorders: Endometriosis, Dysmenorrhea, and Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder -- Evaluation of Amenorrhea -- Abnormal Uterine Bleeding -- Hyperandrogenism -- Female Sexual Response and Sexual Dysfunction -- Menopause -- V. Gynecologic Oncology -- Diseases of the Vulva and Vagina -- Cervical Intraepithelial Neoplasia -- Cervical Cancer -- Cancer of the Uterine Corpus -- Ovarian Cancer -- Gestational Trophoblastic Disease -- Chemotherapy and Radiation Therapy -- Palliative Care.
- Anatomy of the abdominal wall and vaginal entry in relation to complications of access and injury in laparoscopy / Tom A.J. Schneider -- Surgical technique of traditional laparoscopic access / Gernot Hudelist and Jorg Keckstein -- Laparoscopic abdominal entry by the ternamian threaded visual system / Artin Ternamian -- Initial access to the peritoneal cavity for laparoscopic surgery in obese patients / Charlotte Rabl and Guilherme M. Campos -- The direct optical access: a feasible, reliable, and safe laparoscopic entry / Andrea Tinelli -- Robotic assisted surgery and related abdominal entry / Crisitina Falavolti, Roberto Angioli, Patrizio Damiani, and Maurizio Buscarini -- Robotic assisted surgery entry into gynecological oncology / Farr R. Nezhat and Shao-Chun R. Chang-Jackson -- Single access surgery: less is more? / Tahar Benhidjeb, Michael Stark, Jakob R. Izbicki, and Oliver Mann -- Reduced port surgery: single port access to the abdominal and pelvic cavity / Paul G. Curcillo II, Stephanie A. King, and Erica R. Podolsky -- The evolution of minimally invasive gynecological surgery: gas-less laparoscopic inspection and single hole surgery (GLISHS) / Nicola Gasbarro, Maurizio Brusati, Pietro Lupo, Sandro Gerli, and Gian Carlo Di Renzo -- First abdominal access in gynecological laparoscopy: comparison of techniques / Antonio Malvasi and Andrea Tinelli -- Blind entry at gynecological laparoscopy is substituted by entry under sight: complications in conventional laparoscopic entry / Liselotte Mettler, Wael Sammur, and Antonio Malvasi -- Natural orifice surgery: surgical procedures through natural body openings / Michael Stark and Tahar Benhidjeb -- Access in natural orifice transvaginal endoscopic surgery / Daniel A. Tsin.
- Learning genitourinary and pelvic imaging 2012, SpringerThis introduction to genitourinary and pelvic radiology is a further volume in the Learning Imaging series. Written in a case-based format, the book is subdivided into ten chapters: kidney; adrenal gland; urinary bladder, collecting system and urethra; prostate and seminal vesicles; scrotum; obstetrics; uterus; cervix and vagina; adnexa and retroperitoneum. Genitourinary radiology has undergone a tremendous change owing to advances in ultrasound, CT and MRI that have redefined our understanding of genitourinary and pelvic pathology. Each chapter includes an introduction and ten case studies with illustrations and comments from anatomical, physiopathological and radiological standpoints and with bibliographic recommendations. Learning Genitourinary and Pelvic Imaging will be of value for radiologists, radiology residents, medical students and anybody else working in genitourinary and pelvic pathology.Learning Imaging is a unique case-based series for those in professional education in general and for physicians in particular.
- Management of acute obstetric emergencies 2011, ClinicalKeyEpidemiology of acute obstetric emergencies -- Acute changes in fetal heart rate tracing: when it becomes an emergency -- Evaluation and management of antepartum and intrapartum hemorrhage -- Evaluation and management of postpartum hemorrhage -- Amniotic fluid embolism -- Pulmonary embolism in pregnancy -- Peripartum cardiomyopathy and pulmonary edema -- Management of severe sepsis and septic shock -- Management of hypertensive crisis including stroke -- Management of eclampsia -- Subcapsular liver hematoma -- Diabetic ketoacidosis -- Thyroid storm in pregnancy -- Cardiorespiratory arrest and cardiorespiratory resuscitation in pregnancy -- Indications and techniques for transcervical and abdominal cerclage -- Techniques and complications of planned and emergency cesarean section -- Avoiding and managing lower urinary tract injury during vaginal and abdominal deliveries.
- Management of breast cancer in older women 2010, Springer1. Background and Epidemiology -- Basic Science of Breast Cancer in Older Patients / Irmgard Irminger-Finger -- Tumor Biology and Pathology / Virginie Durbecq and Denis Larsimont Clinical Epidemiology and the Impact of Co-Morbidity on Survival / Adri C. Voogd, Marieke J. Louwman and Jan Willem W. Coebergh -- 2. Special Considerations in the Management of Older Women -- Comprehensive Geriatric Assessment / Margot A. Gosney -- A Practical Mini-Guide to Comprehensive Geriatric Assessment / Siri Rostoft Kristjansson -- Impact of the Physiological Effects of Aging on the Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics of Systemic Breast Cancer Treatment / Paul Hamberg, Maja J. A. de Jonge and Caroline M. Seynaeve -- Impact of Hormone Replacement Therapy on Breast Cancer / Toral Gathani and Valerie Beral -- Experiences of a Multidisciplinary Elderly Breast Cancer Clinic: Using the Right Specialists, in the Same Place, with Time / Anne Stotter, Mohammad Tahir, Robert S. Pretorius and Thompson Robinson -- 3. Therapeutics -- Mammographic Breast Screening in Elderly Women / Lynda Wyld -- Primary Endocrine Therapy for the Treatment of Early Breast Cancer in Older Women / Lynda Wyld and Daniel Hind -- Peroperative Radiotherapy / Roberto Orecchia, Giovanni Battista Ivaldi and Maria Cristina Leonardi -- General and Local Anesthetics / Bernadette Th. Veering -- The Surgical Management of Breast Cancer in Elderly Women / Malcolm W. R. Reed, Lynda Wyld and Riccardo A. Audisio -- Breast Reconstruction / Marcus J. D. Wagstaff, Malcolm W. R. Reed and Christopher M. Caddy -- Adjuvant Endocrine Therapy / Laura Biganzoli -- Adjuvant Chemotherapy / Sumanta Kumar Pal, Nilesh Vora and Arti Hurria -- Adjuvant Radiotherapy / Pierre G. M. Scalliet -- Prevention and Treatment of Skeletal Complications / Matthew C. Winter, Helen L. Neville-Webbe and Robert E. Coleman -- Medical Management of Advanced Disease / Hans P. M. W. Wildiers -- The Use of Chemotherapy in Elderly Cancer Patients: Dose Adjusting, Drug Interactions, and Polypharmacy / Lazzaro Repetto and Claudia Di Bartolomeo -- 4. Psychosocial Considerations -- Delayed Presentation of Breast Cancer in Older Women / Lindsay J. L. Forbes and Amanda J. Ramirez -- Patient Decision Making / Martine Extermann -- Culture, Ethnicity, and Race: Persistent Disparities in Older Women with Breast Cancer / Antonella Surbone and Marjorie Kagawa-Singer -- Supportive, Palliative and End-of-Life Care for Older Breast Cancer Patients / Elaine Cachia, Ruth Broadhurst and Sam H. Ahmedzai.
- Management of breast diseases 2010, SpringerAnatomy and Physiology of the Breast -- Congenital and Developmental Abnormalities of the Breast -- Nipple Discharge -- Mastalgia -- Management of Common Lactation and Breastfeeding Problems -- Evaluation of a Breast Mass -- Breast Cancer Epidemiology -- Breast Cancer Screening -- Breast Imaging -- Premalignant and Malignant Breast Pathology -- Lobular Carcinoma in Situ -- Ductal Carcinoma in Situ -- Surgical Considerations in the Management of Primary Invasive Breast Cancer -- Sentinel Node Concept -- Breast Reconstructive Surgery -- The Role of Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer Management -- Adjuvant Systemic Therapy for Breast Cancer: An Overview -- Endocrine Therapy -- Chemotherapeutic Agents -- HER2-Targeted Therapy -- Inflammatory and Locally Advanced Breast Cancer -- Preoperative (Neoadjuvant) Systemic Therapy -- Metastatic Breast Cancer -- Hormone Replacement Therapy: A Critical Review -- Breast Diseases in Males -- Breast Cancer in the Elderly -- Breast Cancer in Younger Women -- Psychological Support for the Breast Cancer Patient -- Management of the Patient with a Genetic Predisposition for Breast Cancer -- Chemoprevention of Breast Cancer -- Design, Implementation, and Interpretation of Clinical Trials -- Structure of Breast Care Center -- Medicolegal Pitfalls in Breast Cancer Diagnosis and Management.
- Management of gynecological cancers in older women 2013, SpringerThe risk of cancer increases with age and the number of older adults seeking treatment is rising dramatically in line with the aging population. The care of older patients differs from that of younger adults because of variation in the biology of the tumor, age-related variation in host physiology, co-morbidity burden and psychosocial issues, which might impact the efficacy and side effects of cancer therapy.Management of Gynecological Cancers in Older Women focuses on treatment strategies of gynecological cancers and provides guidance on the issues specific to older patients, spanning background and epidemiology, special considerations in the care of older women, therapeutics, and psychosocial considerations. This book offers a thorough review of current approaches to treating older gynecological cancer patients, detailing the special issues and considerations involved. The discipline-spanning coverage outlines best practice and proposes topics for future research.The second volume in the Management of Cancer in Older People series, this book will be of interest to all surgical oncologists, medical oncologists, gerontologists, gynecologists and other members of the multidisciplinary team involved in the care of elderly gynecological cancer patients.
- Manual of obstetrics. 7th ed. 2007, OvidPrenatal care -- Normal labor -- Obstetric anesthesia -- Puerperium -- Contraception, sterilization, and abortion -- Pregnancy loss and spontaneous abortion -- Ectopic pregnancy -- Preterm labor, premature rupture of membranes, and cervical insufficiency -- Third-trimester bleeding -- Abnormal labor -- Preeclampsia -- Cardiovascular disease and chronic hypertension -- Renal complications -- Respiratory complications -- Hepatobiliary complications -- Gastrointestinal complications -- Endocrine disorders: diabetes -- Endocrine disorders: thyroid, parathyroid, adrenal, and pituitary disease -- Hematologic complications -- Immunologic complications -- Vascular complications -- Thromboembolic disorders -- Infectious complications -- Neurologic complications -- Dermatologic complications -- Substance abuse -- Gynecologic complications -- Surgical problems and trauma -- Genetics, genetic counseling, and genetic risk assessment -- Teratogens and birth defects -- Obstetric ultrasound -- Fetal monitoring and testing -- Fetal growth abnormalities -- Multiple gestations -- Isoimmunization -- Disease of the placenta -- Neonatal resusciatation -- Neonatal complications.
- Manual of pathology of the human placenta. 2nd ed. 2011, SpringerPart 1. Approach to the Specimen -- Evaluation of the First-Trimester Products of Conception -- Evaluation of the Second-Trimester Products of Conception -- Macroscopic Evaluation of the Second and Third Trimester Placenta -- Microscopic Evaluation of the Second- and Third-Trimester Placenta -- Part 2. Development and Normal Histology -- Early Placental Development -- Chorionic Villi: Histology and Villous Development -- Overview and Microscopic Survey of the Placenta -- Extravillous Trophoblast, Trophoblastic Invasion, and Fibrinoid -- Part 3. Multiple Gestation -- Multiple Gestation: General Aspects -- Multiple Gestation: Twin Variants and Related Conditions -- Part 4. Abnormalities of the Placenta -- Abortion and the Placenta in Chromosomal Anomalies -- Postpartum Hemorrhage, Subinvolution of the Placental Site, and Placenta Accreta -- Placental Shape Aberrations -- Pathology of the Fetal Membranes -- Part 5. Disease Processes and the Placenta -- Infectious Diseases -- Maternal Diseases Complicating Pregnancy -- Placental Malperfusion -- Miscellaneous Placental Lesions -- Placental Abnormalities in Fetal Conditions -- Fetal Thrombotic Vasculopathy -- Part 6. Neoplasms and Gestational Trophoblast Disease -- Neoplasms -- Hydatidiform Moles -- Choriocarcinoma -- Lesions of Extravillous Trophoblast -- Part 7. Legal Considerations and New Directions -- Legal Considerations -- New Directions: What is New in Placental Studies?
- Maternal obesity and pregnancy 2012, SpringerEpidemiology of Diabetes and Obesity in Pregnancy /Robert Lindsay --Fertility and Obesity /Ulrik Schiøler Kesmodel --Clinical Consequences of Abnormal Glucose Metabolism /Dorte M. Jensen, Per Glud Ovesen and Patrick Catalano --Clinical Management /Jenny Myers and Michael Maresh --Physical Activity and Pregnancy /Bente Klarlund Pedersen --Miscarriage and Malformations /Montserrat Balsells, Apolonia García-Patterson and Rosa Corcoy --Maternal Obesity and Pregnancy /Michael Conall Dennedy and Fidelma Dunne --Gestational Weight Gain /Christina Anne Vinter --Maternal Diabesity and Developmental Programming in the Offspring /Thomas Harder, Joachim W. Dudenhausen and Andreas Plagemann --Obesity in Pregnancy and Ultrasound /Ute M. Schaefer-Graf --Maternal Obesity and Macrosomia /Kinneret Tenenbaum-Gavish and Moshe Hod --Shoulder Dystocia in Maternal Obesity /Polly Weston, Jo Crofts and Tim Draycott --Stillbirth and Infant Mortality /Ellen Aagaard Nohr --Anaesthesia in Maternal Obesity /Ulla Bang and H. Soren Helbo-Hansen --Macrosomia and Neonatology /Bartolomé Bonet --Childhood Obesity: The Impact of Maternal Obesity on Childhood Obesity /Rebecca M. Reynolds --Obesity in Pregnancy: Data from the Hyperglycemia and Adverse Pregnancy Outcome (HAPO) Study /Harold David McIntyre, Lynn P. Lowe, Alan R. Dyer and Boyd E. Metzger --Breastfeeding and Obesity: Impact on Women and Their Children /Tessa Crume and Dana Dabelea --Pregnancy Following Bariatric Surgery /Isabelle Guelinckx, Roland Devlieger and Greet Vansant.
- This document reviews the medical eligibility criteria for use of contraception, offering guidance on the safety of use of different methods for women and men with specific characteristics or known medical conditions. The recommendations are based on systematic reviews of available clinical and epidemiological research. It is a companion guideline to 'Selected Practice Recommendations for Contraceptive Use'. Together, these documents are intended to be used by policy-makers, programme managers, and the scientific community, to support national programmes in the preparation of service delivery guidelines.
- Normal aging and the menopausal transition : what to expect / N. Santoro, G. Neal-Perry -- Sexuality during menopause : deconstructing the myths / A.H. Clayton, D.V. Hamilton -- Cultural and ethnic influences on the menopause transition /J. Bitzer, J. Alder -- Nonhormonal factors associated with psychiatric morbidity during the menopausal transition and midlife / J.T. Bromberger -- Depression during the perimenopausal transition : what have we learned from epidemiological studies? / S. Ferguson, C.N. Soares, B.L. Harlow -- Thermoregulation and menopause : understanding the basic pathophysiology of vasomotor symptoms / D.C. Deecher -- Hormone dynamics and menopausal symptoms : the clinical role of vasomotor symptoms and sleep disturbances / R.R. Freedman -- Managing depression and anxiety during the menopausal transition and beyond : the window of vulnerability / B.N. Frey, C.N. Soares -- Psychotic disorders and menopause : the untold story / A. Riecher-Ros̈sler -- Hormone therapies and menopause : where do we stand in the post-WHI era? / M.P. Warren, K.E. Titchen, M. Steiner.
- "Minimally Invasive Therapy for Urinary Incontinence and Pelvic Organ Prolapse provides a detailed insight into "when, why, what and how" of various minimally invasive surgical procedures for surgical management of SUI, OAB & POP. The volume provides detailed diagrammatic and pictorial step-by-step descriptions of the techniques and management of complications related to these procedures. This book also presents an up to date, one-stop reference for anything pertaining to MIT of these pelvic disorders. Written by experts in the field, Minimally Invasive Therapy for Urinary Incontinence and Pelvic Organ Prolapse is a comprehensive resource designed for both the urologist and urogynecologist treating patients with urinary disorders and pelvic organ prolapsed, as well as for residents in training."--Publisher's website.
- Molecular pathology of gynecologic cancer 2007, Springer
- MRI and CT of the female pelvis 2007, Springer
- Munro Kerr's operative obstetrics. Twelfth edition. [12th ed.] 2014, ClinicalKeyA highly illustrated, practical book covering the obstetric and surgical procedures used in intrapartum care, including commonly used procedures such as assisted vaginal delivery (forceps and vacuum delivery) and more rare techniques such as major vessel ligation and embolization and internal podalic version. The authors take a step-by-step approach to each technique and includes 'tips' and 'pointers' that only an experienced obstetrician would be able to describe. The book is enlivened by the inclusion of short, relevant 'historical highlights'- readers should find these enlightening and entertaining, providing a link with the original Munro Kerr text. Focuses on the intrapartum aspects of obstetric practice - the focus of medico-legal and clinical audit attention. Highly illustrated to show techniques in detailOffers tips and advice to the trainee. Emphasis on practical matters - a step-by-step approachIncludes historical boxes to enliven and entertain.
- Neurological disorders and pregnancy. 1st ed. 2011, ScienceDirectFulltext ClinicalKeyTimely diagnosis and management of neurological diseases during pregnancy poses major therapeutic challenges to neurologists and other non-neurologist health care providers. Pregnancy is a unique period in life associated with significant hormonal and other physiologic changes in female patients, which may trigger or alter the course of neurological and psychiatric disorders. In addition, many diagnostic procedures that can be performed in non-pregnant women are prohibited during pregnancy for safety reasons. Therapeutic decisions and management of a pregnant patient with neurological disorders heavily depends on the issue of the reasonable balance between the risks of no treatment versus active treatment for the mother and her fetus. This book provides a review of the latest findings in this field, giving the neurologist and non-neurologist the information they need to determine the best treatment. Neurological disorders covered include multiple sclerosis, stroke and epilepsy. Discusses how neurological disorders should be managed in a pregnant patient Includes contributions from leading authorities.
- New techniques in genital prolapse surgery 2011, Springer
- Nutrition and diet in menopause 2013, SpringerOverview and General Aspects -- An Overview of the Extent and Nature of Menopause and Its Physiological Basis / Yvonne T. van der Schouw -- Body Composition and Menopausal Transition: A Bioanthropological Perspective / Sylvia Kirchengast M.A., -- Menopause-Related Physiological Changes and Their Possible Control Through Diet and Exercise / Igor Z. Zubrzycki, D.Sc., Magdalena Wiacek, Ted Greiner -- The Role of Polyphenols in Menopause / Isabel Baeza, Mónica De la Fuente -- Bone and Muscle -- Intestinal Calcium Absorption Efficiency in Women and the Influence of Menopause / John Aloia, Albert Shieh -- Calcium Absorption from Fortified Soymilk in Osteopenic Postmenopausal Women / Lily Stojanovska, Anne Lise Tang -- Postmenopausal Homocysteine, Vitamin B12, Folate Levels and Bone Metabolism: A Focus on Fractures / Berna Haliloglu, Hakan Peker -- Antioxidant Vitamins and Carotenoids Associated with Bone Mineral Density in Postmenopause Female Subjects: Japanese Perspectives / Minoru Sugiura -- Soy Protein Isoflavones and Their Effect on Bone in Postmenopausal Women / J. Christopher Gallagher, Vinod Yalamanchili -- S-equol, a Natural Metabolite of Soy Daidzein, for the Treatment of Menopausal Symptoms and Osteoporosis in Postmenopausal Women / Richard L. Jackson, Jeffrey S. Greiwe, Richard J. Schwen -- Tofu in Menopause Therapy and Prevention / Wangjing Ke M.P.H., Ronald Ross Watson -- Dietary Phytoestrogens in Preventing Osteoporosis in Postmenopausal Women: Italian Aspects / Luigi Mario Chiechi -- Curcumin and Its Potential Effects on the Development of Postmenopausal Osteoporosis / Joanna Folwarczna -- Menopause and Sarcopenia: Dietary and Nutritional Aspects / Sébastien Barbat-Artigas, Mylène Aubertin-Leheudre -- Cardiovascular System, Metabolism and Cancer -- Effects of Flaxseed on Cardiovascular Disease Risk Factors in Menopause / Maureen Meister, Brenda J. Smith, Bahram H. Arjmandi -- Magnesium Metabolism in Menopause / S. S. Avinash,, Sreekantha, -- Effect of Folic Acid Supplementation in Postmenopausal Women / Giancarlo Paradisi, Francesca Ianniello, Francesca Basile -- Use of Diet and Myoinositol in Postmenopausal Women: A New Approach to the Metabolic Syndrome / Rosario D'Anna, Maria Lieta Interdonato -- Leptin and Obesity in Ovarian Dysfunction in Menopause / Patrick Rene Diel, Carmen Weigt -- Fat and Fat Distribution in Menopause: Chinese Aspects / Xiaoguang Ma, Wei He, Shankuan Zhu -- Nutrition and Breast Cancer in Premenopausal and Postmenopausal Women in Uruguay / Alvaro L. Ronco, Eduardo De Stéfani -- Obesity, Nutrition, and Cancer in Menopause: European Perspectives / Krasimira Aleksandrova -- Vitamin D and the Menopause: A Focus on Apoptosis in Cancer / Henk R. Franke -- Gynecological Malignancies and Diet in Menopause: From the Biological and Epidemiological Viewpoints / Kiyoshi Ito, Hironobu Sasano, Nobuo Yaegashi -- Psychological Aspects and Cognitive Function -- The Psychology of the Menopause: The Experiences During the Transition and Individual Conceptualization of Menopause / Eleonora Bielawska-Batorowicz -- Cognitive Decline in Menopause / Cristina Larroy, Rosa Vera -- An Overview of Menopausal Dietary Supplements and Cognition / Yuri N. Clement -- Black Cohosh for the Menopausal Transition: Issues of Safety and Efficacy / Gail B. Mahady -- Preclinical Studies: Implications for Human Health -- Animal Models of Menopausal Metabolism / Jameela Banu, Gabriel Fernandes -- Phytoestrogen α-Zearalanol in an Animal Model of Menopause / Wen Wang -- Flaxseed and Bone Health in Animal Models of Menopause / Wendy Elizabeth Ward, Lilian U. Thompson -- Flavonoids of Herba Epimedii and Bone Metabolism in Experimental Ovarian Deficiency / Man-Sau Wong, Yan Zhang -- Dietary Plant Maslinic Acid in Ovariectomy Model of Menopause / Jian Luo, Mingyao Liu -- Interlinking Diet, Nutrition, Menopause and Recommended Resources / Roshanna Rajendram B.Sc. (hons)
- Obesity during pregnancy in clinical practice 2014, Springer
- Obstetric and gynecologic ultrasound case review. 3rd ed. 2013, ClinicalKeyAn outstanding title from the popular Case Review Series, Obstetric and Gynecologic Ultrasound provides 119 case histories, with over 300 corresponding images, questions, answers, commentary, references, and more, to enhance your imaging interpretation skills in obstetric and gynecologic ultrasound. Its discussions incorporate the most recent knowledge from OB/GYN ultrasound literature, providing an excellent review for residents and practitioners alike. Turn to Obstetric and Gynecologic Ultrasound as excellent review for the Boards!Effectively prepare for certification, recertification, and practice with content that mimics the new format of board exams as well as the everyday clinical experience.
- Obstetric anesthesia handbook. 5th ed. 2010, Springer
- Obstetric dermatology a practical guide 2009, Springer
- Obstetric imaging 2012, ClinicalKey"Obstetric Imaging will help you detect fetal abnormalities with greater confidence and accuracy. Covering MRI as well as ultrasound and interventional procedures, it equips you with expert tips for recognizing and addressing problems that you might otherwise miss. Obstetric Imaging provides the advanced guidance you need to recognize fetal health challenges early and respond effectively!"--Publisher's website.
- Obstetric medicine a problem-based approach 2007., Springer
- Print Material
- Obstetrics and gynecology-- a competency-based companion 2010, ClinicalKeyDesigned to teach you to think like a more experienced clinician, Obstetrics and Gynecology: A Competency-Based Companion, by Michael Belden, MD, places as much value on process as it does on content. This unique resource features a case-based organization that hones in on essential knowledge in obstetrics and gynecology. Its convenient pocket-sized format enables you to review the material on the go, and online access via Student Consult enhances your study of the material and exponentially boosts your reference power. Provides high-yield core information essential to rotations in a pocket-sized, portable format. Uses a color-coded system that places core information in a framework of the ACGME Core Competencies. Offers self-assessment activities throughout to promote retention and application of knowledge, including access on line to your own competency-based portfolio tools and competency-specific learning modules (Vertical Reads). Features ACGME Core Competencies enabling you to integrate evidence-based medicine, continual self-assessment, and cognizance of interpersonal skills into your daily routine. Includes features such as "Speaking Intelligently" and "Clinical Thinking" in each chapter to help you see the "big picture." Presents "Teaching Visuals"--An interactive teaching device designed to reinforce visual concepts. Equips you to perform a more in-depth review of obstetric and gynecological topics with "Clinical Entities" that link to top references in the field. Includes access to Student Consult at www.studentconsult.com, where you'll find the complete text and illustrations of the book online, fully searchable . "Integration Links" to bonus content in other Student Consult titles . Self-Assessment Competency Log . Professors Pearls that provide cases with questions and annotated answers . Vertical Reads . and much more!
- Obstetrics and gynecology. 1st. American ed. 2007, ClinicalKeyAbnormal Bleeding -- Pelvic Pain and Dyspareunia -- Vaginal Discharge -- Vulvar Symptoms -- Urinary Incontinence -- Prolapse -- Bleeding and/or Pain in Early Pregnancy -- Infertility -- Menopause -- Bleeding in the Second and Third Trimesters of Pregnancy -- Large- or Small-for-Dates -- Abdominal Pain in the Second and Third Trimesters of Pregnancy -- Hypertension in Pregnancy -- Stillbirth -- Failure to Progress in Labor -- Bleeding after Delivery -- Maternal Collapse -- Abnormal Uterine Bleeding -- Fibroids -- Endometriosis -- Benign Ovarian Tumors -- Gynecologic Malignancy -- Vulvar Disease -- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease -- Urinary Incontinence -- Pelvic Organ Prolapse -- Infertility -- Early Pregnancy Failure -- Menopause -- Contraception, Sterilization, and Unwanted Pregnancy -- Gynecologic Endocrinology -- Prenatal Diagnosis -- Multiple Pregnancy -- Hypertension in Pregnancy -- Medical Disorders in Pregnancy -- Antepartum Hemorrhage -- Premature Labor -- Malpresentation and Malpositions of the Occiput -- Labor -- Operative Intervention in Obstetrics -- Complications of the Third Stage of Labor and the Puerperium -- Maternal Death -- Taking a History -- Prenatal Care -- Examination -- Common Investigations.
- Obstetrics in family medicine a practical guide 2006, SpringerPhysiology -- Preconception care -- Prenatal care -- Medications in pregnancy -- Dysmorphic growth and genetic abnormalities -- Intrauterine growth restriction -- Preterm labor -- Premature rupture of membranes -- Early pregnancy bleeding -- Late pregnancy bleeding -- Recurrent spontaneous abortion -- Rh isoimmunization -- Infection in pregnancy -- Hypertension in pregnancy -- Diabetes in pregnancy -- HIV and pregnancy -- Multigestational pregnancy -- Post-dates pregnancy -- Normal labor -- Induction and augmentation -- Pain management in labor -- Operative delivery -- Prolonged labor -- Shoulder dystocia -- Malpresentation -- Fetal heart rate monitoring -- Maternal fever in labor -- Postpartum hemorrhage -- Perineal laceration and episiotomy -- Newborn evaluation -- Routine hospital postpartum management -- Complications of the hospital postpartum period.
- Print Material
- Obstetrics normal and problem pregnancies. 6th ed. 2012, MD ConsultFulltext ClinicalKeyPlacental anatomy and physiology -- Placental and fetal physiology -- Maternal physiology -- Maternal-fetal immunology -- Developmental origins of adult health and disease -- Preconception and prenatal care: part of the continuum -- Nutritional management during pregnancy -- Drugs and environmental agents in pregnancy and lactation: embryology, teratology, epidemiology -- Obstetrical ultrasound: imaging, dating, and growth -- Genetic counseling and genetic screening -- Prenatal genetic diagnosis -- Antepartum fetal evaluation -- Normal labor and delivery -- Abnormal labor and induction of labor -- Operative vaginal delivery -- Intrapartum fetal evaluation -- Obstetrical anesthesia -- Malpresentations and shoulder dystocia -- Antepartum and postpartum hemorrhage -- Cesarean delivery -- The neonate -- Postpartum care -- Lactation and breastfeeding -- Surgery during pregnancy -- Trauma and related surgery in pregnancy -- Pregnancy loss -- Cervical insufficiency -- Preterm birth -- Premature rupture of the membranes -- Multiple gestations -- Intrauterine growth restriction -- Red cell alloimmunization -- Amniotic fluid disorders -- Prolonged and postterm pregnancy -- Hypertension -- Heart disease -- Respiratory diseases in pregnancy -- Renal disease -- Diabetes mellitus complicating pregnancy -- Thyroid and parathyroid diseases in pregnancy -- Pituitary and adrenal disorders in pregnancy -- Hematologic complications of pregnancy -- Thromboembolic disorders -- Collagen vascular diseases -- Hepatic and gastrointestinal diseases -- Neurologic disorders -- Malignant diseases and pregnancy -- Skin disease in pregnancy and puerperium -- Maternal and perinatal infection: the sexually transmitted diseases chlamydia, gonorrhea, and syphilis -- Maternal and perinatal infection-viral -- Maternal and perinatal infection-bacterial -- Mental health and behavioral disorders in pregnancy -- Patient safety and quality measurement in obstetrical care -- Legal and ethical issues in obstetrical practice.
- Oncofertility communication sharing information and building relationships across disciplines 2014, SpringerOncofertility integrates the two previously distinct fields of cancer treatment and fertility research and aims to explore and expand the reproductive future of cancer survivors. In order to achieve the goal of fertility preservation, the Oncofertility community must focus on communication and the way data is provided and received. Concomitant with the rapidly changing technology of Oncofertility, there have been radical shifts and advances in the way health educators and clinicians can produce and share information. As success rates of reproductive techniques such as egg freezing and banking continue to rise, providing increasing opportunities for young cancer patients to preserve their fertility prior to the onset of cancer treatments, communication among professionals in oncology, reproductive medicine, and psychosocial work, among others, becomes crucial, and clinical demand for Oncofertility information is expected to rise considerably. Oncofertility Communication describes and addresses the myriad channels through which the multiple audiences involved in Oncofertility can be served with appropriate and accurate information about cancer-related fertility issues. The text answers frequently asked questions and provides invaluable insights to scientific and health care professionals about communication among the diverse Oncofertility audiences. It incorporates timely discussions about traditional and emerging electronic communication tools and discusses the impact of health care policy changes on the Oncofertility field.
- Oncoplastic breast surgery a guide to clinical practice 2010, Springer1. General Surgery -- Surgical Anatomy / Elisabeth Würinger -- Breast Cancer Surgery: Standard Principles / Florian Fitzal -- Oncoplastic Breast Surgery / Peter Schrenk -- 2. Oncoplastic Surgery (OPS) -- OPS and Breast Conserving Surgery (BSC) / Peter Schrenk, Elizabeth J. Hall-Findlay, Florian Fitzal, Andrea Grisotti and Donato Casella, et al. -- OPS and Mastectomy / Grant W. Carlson, Francesca De Lorenzi, Mario Rietjens, Andrea Manconi and Daniela Hoch, et al. -- Special Considerations / Florian Fitzal, Rupert Koller, Stefan Gärner, Elisabeth Grafinger-Witt and Mario Rietjens, et al.
- Ovarian cancer 2010, ClinicalKeyPractical, authoritative, and highly-illustrated, this volume in the brand new Early Detection and Treatment of Cancer series covers current protocols and the latest advances in diagnostic imaging and molecular and serologic markers for ovarian cancer. Apply expert advice on the best next-step plan for different presentations and tips for less invasive protocols. Get clinical, hands-on tools to help you make informed decisions on precisely what tests and imaging studies are needed for accurate diagnosis and staging. Clear figures, tables, and boxes illustrate step-by-step care of the full range of problems encountered.
- Ovarian cancer. 2nd ed. 2009, Springer
- Ovarian toxicology. Second edition. [2nd ed.] 2014, CRCnetBASE"Today, we are exposed to an ever-growing number of chemicals in the environment and there is an increasing awareness of the effects of these chemicals on the ovaries. As such, the potential for xenobiotic-induced infertility needs to be better understood. Additionally, menopause-associated disorders are of growing health concern in view of the fact that by the year 2025, 19.5% of the population of the U.S. will be menopause-aged women. Exploring research into chemicals that have the potential to cause early menopause by destroying pre-antral ovarian follicles, this book is an essential resource for researchers in academia, regulatory agencies, and industry"--Provided by publisher.
- Ovary. 2nd ed. 2004, ScienceDirect
- Pathology of the human placenta. 6th ed. 2012, SpringerPathology of the Human Placenta remains the most comprehensive and authoritative text in the field. It provides extensive information on the normal placenta, encompassing physiology, metabolism, and endocrinology, and covers placental diseases in great detail. The conditions discussed include shape aberrations, villous alterations and maldevelopment, erythroblastosis fetalis and hydrops fetalis, transplacental hemorrhage, fetal storage disorders, diverse maternal diseases, and infectious diseases. Further chapters are devoted to abortions, molar pregnancies, trophoblastic neoplasms, benign tumors, and multiple pregnancies. Legal considerations are carefully explored, and this new edition also includes a completely new chapter on artificial reproductive technology. In other respects, too, the book has been extensively revised and expanded, with wide-ranging updates that reflect the most recent progress in the field. Some 800 illustrations are included, many of them in color. The detailed index has been further improved and tables updated. Pathology of the Human Placenta will be of enormous value to pathologists and obstetrician-gynecologists alike.
- Pathology of the placenta. 3rd ed. 2007, ClinicalKeyAppendix 1: Placental weight -- Appendix 2: Medicolegal aspects of placental pathology.Pathology of the placenta: an introduction and overview -- The development and structure of the placenta -- Physiology of the placenta -- Abnormalities of placentation and of placental development -- Macroscopoic abnormalities of the placenta -- Histological abnormalities of the placenta -- The placenta in pregnancies of abnormal duration -- The placenta in maternal disorders -- The placenta in abnormalities and disorders of the fetus -- The placenta in miscarriage -- Infections and inflammatory lesions of the placenta -- The placenta in multiple pregnancy -- Immunopatholgoy of the placenta -- Non-trophoblastic tumours of the placenta -- Gestational trophoblastic disease -- Pathology of the umbilical cord -- Pathology of the membranes -- Correlation of ultrasonic and pathological findings.
- Pathology of the vulva and vagina 2013, SpringerDevelopment and Anatomy: Disorders of Development -- Vulvovaginal Infections -- Noninfectious Dermatoses of the Vulva -- Cysts, Non neoplastic Glandular Lesions, and Glandular Neoplasms of the Vulva and Vagina -- Melanoctyic Lesions of the Vulva and Vagina -- Precursors of Vulvovaginal Squamous Cell Carcinoma -- Squamous Cell Carcinoma and Basal Cell Carcinoma of the Vulva and Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Vagina -- Vulvovaginal Mesenchymal Lesions -- Skin Adnexal Tumors.
- Pediatric and adolescent gynecology evidence-based clinical practice. 2nd rev. and extended ed. 2012, KargerThe extended contents of this second edition reflect the growing spectrum of topics in pediatric and adolescent gynecology. Like its predecessor, this book addresses the most common gynecological problems encountered in childhood medicine, including endocrinological and surgical aspects. New chapters place particular emphasis on an update of technological aspects such as ultrasound, molecular genetics, surgery in sex disorders and new problems encountered in reproductive medicine. The book opens with a comprehensive description of the background of infant and adolescent gynecology and diagnostic tools. Several chapters are devoted to the various pathologies encountered in prepubertal and adolescent girls. Contemporary social issues such as sexual abuse, sexually transmitted diseases, contraception for teenagers and teenage pregnancy are also discussed in detail. Presenting a clear plan for clinical management and treatment of frequently encountered problems in prepubertal and adolescent girls, this book should be read by pediatricians, endocrinologists, gynecologists and family practitioners.
- Pediatric and adolescent gynecology. 5th ed. 2005, OvidOffice evaluation of the child and adolescent -- Ambiguous genitalia in the newborn -- Vulvovaginal problems in the prepubertal child -- The physiology of puberty -- Precocious puberty -- Delayed puberty -- Amenorrhea in the adolescent -- Dysfunctional uterine bleeding -- Androgen abnormalities in the adolescent girl -- Structural abnormalities of the female reproductive tract -- Gynecologic pain : dysmenorrhea, accute and chronic pelvic pain, endometriosis, and premenstrual syndrome -- Education of the child and adolescent -- Pediatric urology in the pediatric and adolescent girl -- Vulvovaginal complaints in the adolescent -- Bacterial sexually transmitted infections : gonorrhea, chlamydia, pelvic inflammatory disease, and syphilis -- Human immunodeficiency virus in young women -- Human papillomavirus infection in children and adolescents -- Benign and malignant ovarian masses -- The breast : examination and lesions -- Contraception -- Teen pregnancy -- Adolescent sexuality -- Gynecologic issues in young women with chronic diseases -- Sexual abuse in the child and adolescent -- Complementary and alternative medicine for gynecology patients -- Legal issues in pediatric and adolescent gynecology.
- Pelvic floor disorders. Surgical approach 2014, Springer
- Pelvic floor dysfunction a multidisciplinary approach 2006, Springer
- Pelvic floor re-education principles and practice. 2nd ed. 2008, SpringerPart I. Function and Dysfunction of the Pelvic Floor and Viscera -- Functional Anatomy of the Pelvic Floor and Lower Urinary Tract / Daniele Perucchini and John O. L. DeLancey -- Neural Control of Pelvic Floor Muscles / David B. Vodušek -- The Effects of Pregnancy and Childbirth on the Pelvic Floor / Kaven Baessler and Bernhard Schüssler -- Muscle Function and Ageing / Brenda Russell and Linda Brubaker -- Urinary Incontinence and Voiding Dysfunction / Annette Kuhn and Bernhard Schüssler -- Pelvic Organ Prolapse / Peggy A. Norton -- Anal Incontinence, Constipation, and Obstructed Defecation / Abdul H. Sultan and A. Muti Abulaffi -- Overactive Pelvic Floor Muscles and Related Pain / Wendy F. Bower -- Part II. Evaluation of the Pelvic Floor -- Clinical Evaluation of the Pelvic Floor Muscles / Diane K. Newman and Jo Laycock -- Examination of Patients with Pelvic Organ Prolapse / Ursula M. Peschers -- Urodynamics / Ursula M. Peschers -- Applying Urodynamic Findings to Clinical Practice / Christopher K. Payne -- Anorectal Physiology / David Z. Lubowski and Michael L. Kennedy -- Ultrasound Imaging / Kaven Baessler and Heinz Kölbl -- Magnetic Resonance Imaging / Thomas Treumann, Ralf Tunn and Bernhard Schüssler -- Electrophysiology / Clare J. Fowler and David B. Vodušek -- Outcome Measures in Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation / Kate H. Moore and Emmanuel Karantanis -- Part III. Techniques of Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation and Muscle Training -- Concepts of Neuromuscular Rehabilitation and Pelvic Floor Muscle Training / Jo Laycock -- Exercise, Feedback, and Biofeedback / Pauline E. Chiarelli and Kate H. Moore -- Electrical Stimulation / Wendy F. Bower -- Extracorporeal Magnetic Stimulation / Alastair R. Morris and Kate H. Moore -- Devices / Ingrid Nygaard and Peggy A. Norton -- Alternative Methods to Pelvic Floor Muscle Awareness and Training / Kaven Baessler and Barbara E. Bell -- Part IV. Treatment: Condition-Specific Assessment and Approaches -- Behavioral Treatment / Kathryn L. Burgio -- Stress Urinary Incontinence / Jo Laycock -- Evidence for the Effectiveness of Pelvic Floor Muscle Training in the Treatment and Antenatal Prevention of Female Urinary Incontinence / E. Jean C. Hay-Smith and Kate H. Moore -- Postpartum Management of the Pelvic Floor / Pauline E. Chiarelli -- Role of a Perineal Clinic / Ranee Thakar -- Overactive Bladder / Kathryn L. Burgio, Dudley Robinson and Linda Cardozo -- Sexual Dysfunction and the Overactive Pelvic Floor / Wendy F. Bower -- Anal Incontinence and Evacuation Difficulties / Christine Norton -- Incontinence During Sports and Fitness Activities / Alain P. Bourcier -- Pelvic Organ Prolapse - Pessary Treatment / Jane A. Schulz and Elena Kwon -- Part V. What to Do if Physiotherapy Fails? -- Stress Urinary Incontinence: Choice of Surgery / Stuart L. Stanton -- Genital Prolapse: Surgery for Failed Conservative Treatment / Stuart L. Stanton -- The Anal Sphincter / Klaus E. Matzel, Manuel Besendörfer and Stefanie Kuschel.
- Perinatal epidemiology for public health practice 2009, SpringerIntroduction / Melisa M. Adams -- Reproductive Health Issues / Melisa M. Adams -- Maternal Morbidity / Melisa M. Adams -- Maternal Mortality / Melisa M. Adams -- Infant Morbidity / Melisa M. Adams -- The Continuum of Reproductive Loss from Pregnancy Through Infancy / Melisa M. Adams -- Birth Weight, Gestational Duration, and Fetal Growth / Melisa M. Adams -- Conclusion / Melisa M. Adams.
- A historical perspective on the psychiatry of motherhood / I. Brockington -- Diagnostic classification of perinatal mood disorders / A. Riecher-Rössler, A. Rohde -- Maternal adversity, vulnerability, and disease / S.G. Matthews, M.J. Meaney -- Behavioral perinatology / P.D. Wadhwa -- Maternal depression: an adverse early environment / A.J. Beach ... [et al.] -- Perinatal infanticide and suicide / M.G. Spinelli -- Relevance of gonadal hormones to perinatal mood and anxiety disorders / A. Ahokas ... [et al.] --Pharmacotherapy for psychiatric disorders in pregnancy / L.E. Ross ... [et al.] -- Maternal depression in the postpartum period: impact of breast-feeding on treatment planning / Z.N. Stowe, K. Ragan, D.J. Newport -- The use of interpersonal psychotherapy for perinatal mood and anxiety disorders / S. Stuart, M.W. O'Hara -- Group psychotherapy for depression in early stages of motherhood / M. Hofecker-Fallahpour, A. Riecher-Rössler -- Alternative treatment strategies for perinatal depression and anxiety / M. O'Higgins, V. Glover, M. Corral.
- Pessaries in clinical practice 2006, Springer
- Physiology of prenatal exercise and fetal development 2012, SpringerMaternal Exercise Throughout Gestation and Fetal Development --Effects of Maternal Exercise on Labor and Delivery --Fetal and Postnatal Growth and Development --Effect on Postnatal Health and Beyond --What are the Barriers to and What is OK for an Exercise Study --Conclusions.
- Placenta and trophoblast methods and protocols Springer Protocolsv. 2 Springer Protocols
- Polycystic ovary syndrome-- current and emerging concepts 2014, SpringerPresenting an overview of the current understanding of the pathophysiology of PCOS and a paradigm for the clinical evaluation and management of the disorder, Polycystic Ovary Syndrome is written in an easy to digest, concise format that, with bulleted key points introducing each chapter, is suitable for the trainee and the busy clinician. The breadth and depth of coverage of today's queries and controversies will be of particular interest to the specialist and researcher. An international group of leading experts addresses the varied etiologies of PCOS, comprehensively covering the contemporary treatment approaches and long-term implications of PCOS, a common yet poorly understood disorder. Chapters on treatment will be of particular relevance to the clinician and the trainee as they cover conventional therapies, lifestyle, and diet, as well as address emerging strategies such as the use of statins and surgery in PCOS management. Spanning the breadth of clinical presentations and morbidities related to the diagnosis of PCOS, Polycystic Ovary Syndrome is an exceptional resource for primary care providers, gynecologists, reproductive endocrinologists, and others involved in the care of these patients, and provides the essential tools to aid clinicians in initiating a timely diagnostic workup and appropriate interventions to address both the immediate and long-term sequelae related to PCOS.
- Polymers for vascular and urogenital applications 2012, CRCnetBASE"In a carefully crafted, multidisciplinary, skillfully focused format, this book covers attributes of polymers used for vascular, urological, and gynecological materials. It provides a brief analysis of how the use of polymers in vascular and urogenital applications has evolved in the past five decades and outlines their common and specific functional requirements. It features small, readable monographs that provide a brief description of the evolving role of a particular material, and present topics in highly integrated, well-balanced, authoritatively prepared segments on materials processing and in vitro and in vivo evaluation, complete with case studies"--Provided by publisher.
- Charting / George T. Danakas -- Gynecologic anatomy / David L. Marchetti -- Abdominal surgical approaches / J. Kevin Fitzpatrick -- Diagnostic studies -- Contraception / Maria A. Corigliano -- Infertility evaluation -- Amenorrhea / Ivan D'Souza -- Abnormal uterine bleeding / George T. Danakas and Diane J. Sutter -- Endometriosis / Ronald E. Batt and Germaine M. Buck -- Gynecologic infections / D. Michael Slate II and Lawrence J. Gugino -- HIV infection in women / Michael Slate II and Lawrence J. Gugino -- Evaluation of lower abdominal and pelvic pain / Avi Sklar and Farkad Balaya -- Differential diagnosis of benign gynecologic conditions / Dennis M. Weppner -- Gynecologic oncology / Alexander B. Olawaiye -- Hirsutism / Arundathi G. Prasad -- Premenstrual syndrome / George T. Danakas and Ibrahim Joulak -- Menopause / Diane J. Sutter -- Labor, delivery, and obstetrics pain management / Farkad Balaya -- High-risk obstetrics -- Antenatal assessment -- Postpartum hemorrhage / John M. O'Brien -- Physiology in pregnancy / Arundathi G. Prasad.
- Practical gynecologic oncology. 4th ed. 2005, Ovid
- Practical pelvic floor ultrasonography a multicompartmental approach to 2D/3D/4D ultrasonography of pelvic floor 2014, SpringerPractical Pelvic Floor Ultrasonography: A Multicompartmental Approach to 2D/3D/4D Ultrasonography of Pelvic Floor provides an introduction to pelvic floor imaging, as well as a resource to be used during initial and more advanced practice. The book helps readers gain competence in performing 2D/3D/4D transperineal, and 2D/3D endovaginal / endoanal ultrasound evaluation of the pelvic floor, including anal sphincter and levator ani complex. The text also shows interested clinicians how to obtain optimal images of pelvic floor muscles and organs, how to obtain useful images of the anal canal, levator ani complex, urethra, and how to interpret clinical implications of alterations of the anatomy. In addition, emerging techniques of dynamic pelvic floor ultrasound and 3D/4D ultrasound are introduced through step by step protocols that are aimed at optimizing sonographic images. Written entirely by experts in their fields, Practical Pelvic Floor Ultrasonography: A Multicompartmental Approach to 2D/3D/4D Ultrasonography of Pelvic Floor is a comprehensive resource that will be of great value to urogynecologists, colorectal surgeons, obstetrician and gynecologists, female urologists, ultrasonographers, radiologists, physiotherapists, as well as fellows in urogynecology and colorectal surgery.
- Prenatal corticosteroids for reducing morbidity and mortality after preterm birth the transcript of a Witness Seminar held by the Wellcome Trust Centre for the history of medicine at UCL, London, on 15 June 2004 2005, Wellcome Trust
- Prenatal diagnosis 2008, Springer ProtocolsSpectral Karyotyping (SKY): Applications in Prenatal Diagnostics / S. Mergenthaler-Gatfield, W. Holzgreve and S. Hahn -- Characterization of prenatally assessed de novo small supernumerary marker chromosomes by molecular cytogenetics / T. Liehr -- Rapid Prenatal Aneuploidy Screening by Fluorescence In Situ Hybridization (FISH) / A. Weise and T. Liehr -- Application of Multi-PRINS to Simultaneously Identify Chromosomes 18, X, and Y in Prenatal Diagnosis / M. Gadji ... [et al.] -- Prenatal Diagnosis Using Array CGH / C.D. Kashork, A. Theisen and L.G. Shaffer -- Prenatal Detection of Chromosome Aneuploidy by Quantitative Fluorescence PCR / K. Mann, E. Petek and B. Pertl -- Real-time quantitative PCR for the detection of fetal aneuploidies / B.G. Zimmermann and L. Dudarewicz -- MLPA for Prenatal Diagnosis of Commonly Occurring Aneuploidies / J. Schouten and R.J. Galjaard -- MALDI-TOF Mass Spectrometry for Trisomy Detection / D.J. Huang, M.R. Nelson and W. Holzgreve -- Rapid Detection of Fetal Mendelian Disorders: Thalassemia and Sickle Cell Syndromes / J. Traeger-Synodinos, C. Vrettou and E. Kanavakis -- Rapid detection of fetal mendalian disorders: tay-sachs disease / E. Guetta and L. Peleg -- Arrayed primer extension reaction for genotyping on oligonucleotide microarray / J. Pullat and A. Metspalu -- A Fast Microelectronic Array for Screening and Prenatal Diagnosis of beta-Thalassemia / B. Foglieni ... [et al.] -- RHD Genotyping from Maternal Plasma: Guidelines and Technical Challenges / N.D. Avent -- Isolation of Cell-Free DNA from Maternal Plasma Using Manual and Automated Systems / D.J. Huang ... [et al.] -- Fetal DNA: Strategies for Optimal Recovery / T.J. Legler ... [et al.] -- Quantification of circulatory fetal DNA in the plasma of pregnant women / B.G. Zimmermann, D.G. Maddocks and N.D. Avent -- Detection and Quantification of Fetal DNA in Maternal Plasma by Using LightCycler Technology / Y. Purwosunu, A. Sekizawa and T. Okai -- Size Fractionation of Cell-Free DNA in Maternal Plasma and Its Application in Noninvasive Detection of Fetal Single Gene Point Mutations / Y. Li, W. Holzgreve and S. Hahn -- Maldi-tof mass spectrometry for analyzing cell-free fetal DNA in maternal plasma / C. Ding -- Isolation of Cell-Free RNA from Maternal Plasma / X.Y. Zhong, W. Holzgreve and D.J. Huang -- A microarray approach for systematic identification of placental-derived RNA markers in maternal plasma / N.B. Tsui and Y.M. Lo -- A novel method to identify syncytiotrophoblast-derived RNA products representative of trisomy 21 placental RNA in maternal plasma / A.T. Go ... [et al.] -- Method for extraction of high-quantity and -quality cell-free DNA from amniotic fluid / O. Lapaire, K.L. Johnson and D.W. Bianchi -- Detection of New Screening Markers for Fetal Aneuploidies in Maternal Plasma: A Proteomic Approach / C.S. Reddy, W. Holzgreve and S. Hahn.
- Themes and purpose -- Prenatal central nervous system development -- Low birth weight and prematurity : effects on child development outcomes -- Pre- and perinatal anoxia and hypoxia -- Prenatal infections -- Maternal chronic illness -- Nutrition -- Maternal stress -- Maternal smoking during pregnancy -- Gestational exposure to alcohol -- Maternal use of illicit drugs -- Air and water pollution -- Heavy metals and household chemicals.
- Psychosocial adaptation to pregnancy seven dimensions of maternal role development. 3rd ed. 2009, Springer
- Pulmonary problems in pregnancy 2009, SpringerNormal pregnancy -- Physiological transition from fetal to neonatal life in pregnancy -- Respiratory physiology in pregnancy -- High altitude, chronic hypoxia, and pregnancy -- Sleep physiology in pregnancy -- General management principles in pregnancy -- Diagnostic imaging in pregnancy -- Prescribing in pregnancy and lactation -- Monitoring fetal well-being in the critical care setting -- Anesthetic considerations in pregnant patients with pulmonary disorders -- Pulmonary disorders in pregnancy -- Obstructive sleep apnea in pregnancy -- Restless legs syndrome and periodic limb movement disorder in pregnancy -- Asthma in pregnancy -- Tuberculosis and pregnancy -- Pneumonia in the pregnant patient -- Chronic pulmonary disease and pregnancy -- Neuromuscular and chest wall diseases in pregnancy -- Pregnancy and the cystic fibrosis patient -- Pulmonary complications of collagen vascular disease in pregnancy -- Venous thromboembolism in pregnancy -- Pulmonary arterial hypertension in pregnancy -- Pulmonary procedures during pregnancy -- Critical illness in pregnancy -- Acute lung injury in pregnancy -- Airway management and mechanical ventilation in pregnancy.
- Front Matter -- Colour Plates -- Factors of High-Risk Pregnancy. Overview of High-Risk Pregnancy / John T Queenan, Catherine Y Spong, Charles J Lockwood -- Maternal Nutrition / Edward R Newton -- Alcohol and Substance Abuse / William F Rayburn -- Environmental Agents and Reproductive Risk / Laura Goetzl -- Genetics. Genetic Screening for Mendelian Disorders / Deborah A Driscoll -- Screening for Congenital Heart Disease / Lynn L Simpson -- First- and Second-Trimester Screening for Fetal Aneuploidy and Neural Tube Defects / Julia Unterscheider, Fergal D Malone -- Monitoring: Biochemical and Biophysical. Sonographic Dating and Standard Fetal Biometry / Eliza Berkley, Alfred Abuhamad -- Fetal Lung Maturity / Alessandro Ghidini, Sarah H Poggi -- Antepartum Fetal Monitoring / Brian L Shaffer, Julian T Parer -- Interpreting Intrapartum Fetal Heart Tracings / Michael Nageotte -- Maternal Disease. Sickle Cell Anemia / Scott Roberts -- Anemia / Alessandro Ghidini -- Thrombocytopenia / Robert M Silver -- Inherited and Acquired Thrombophilias / Michael J Paidas -- Thromboembolic Disorders / Christian M Pettker, Charles J Lockwood -- Cardiac Disease / Stephanie R Martin, Alexandria J Hill, Michael R Foley -- Renal Disease / David C Jones -- Pregnancy in Transplant Patients / James R Scott -- Gestational Diabetes Mellitus / Deborah L Conway -- Diabetes Mellitus / George Saade -- Hypothyroidism and Hyperthyroidism / Brian Casey -- Asthma / Michael Schatz -- Epilepsy / Autumn M Klein, Page B Pennell -- Chronic Hypertension / Heather A Bankowski, Dinesh M Shah -- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus / Christina S Han, Edmund F Funai -- Perinatal Infections / Jeanne S Sheffield -- Malaria / Richard M K Adanu -- Group B Streptococcal Infection / Ronald S Gibbs -- Hepatitis / Patrick Duff -- HIV Infection / Howard L Minkoff -- Pregnancy in Women with Physical Disabilities / Caroline C Signore -- Obstetric Complications. Recurrent Spontaneous Abortion / Charles J Lockwood -- Cervical Insufficiency / John Owen -- Gestational Hypertension, Preeclampsia, and Eclampsia / Labib M Ghulmiyyah, Baha M Sibai -- Postpartum Hemorrhage / Michael A Belfort -- Emergency Care / Garrett K Lam, Michael R Foley -- Rh and Other Blood Group Alloimmunizations / Kenneth J Moise -- Multiple Gestations / Karin E Fuchs, Mary E D'Alton -- Polyhydramnios and Oligohydramnios / Ron Beloosesky, Michael G Ross -- Prevention of Preterm Birth / Paul J Meis -- Pathogenesis and Prediction of Preterm Delivery / Catalin S Buhimschi, Charles J Lockwood -- Preterm Premature Rupture of Membranes / Brian M Mercer -- Management of Preterm Labor / Vincenzo Berghella -- Placenta Previa and Related Placental Disorders / Yinka Oyelese -- Complications of Labor and Delivery. Prolonged Pregnancy / Teresa Marino, Errol R Norwitz -- Induction of Labor / Nicole M Petrossi, Deborah A Wing -- Cesarean Delivery / Michael W Varner -- Vaginal Birth after Cesarean Delivery / Mark B Landon -- Breech Delivery / Edward R Yeomans, Larry C Gilstrap -- Operative Vaginal Delivery / Edward R Yeomans -- Obstetric Analgesia and Anesthesia / Gilbert J Grant -- Patient Safety / Christian M Pettker -- Neonatal Encephalopathy and Cerebral Palsy / Maged M Costantine, Mary E D'Alton, Gary D V Hankins -- Procedures. Genetic Amniocentesis and Chorionic Villus Sampling / Ronald J Wapner -- Fetal Surgery / Robert H Ball, Hanmin Lee -- Index.
- Radiological interventions in obstetrics and gynaecology 2014, SpringerThis book provides a state-of-the-art review of the technical and clinical aspects of the vascular interventional radiological (IR) procedures currently employed in obstetrics and gynaecology. A particular focus is on uterine artery embolisation for fibroid disease, which is contrasted with the main alternative uterus-conserving surgical approach of myomectomy, and with ablation therapy. Detailed consideration is also given to the role of embolisation in a variety of other less common conditions, including arteriovenous malformations, post-partum haemorrhage, abnormal placentation and pelvic congestion syndrome. IR procedures are examined from a critical gynaecological perspective and with regard to surgical alternatives. The authors include leading interventional radiologists and gynaecologists from the United Kingdom, Europe and North America. .
- Radiology illustrated-- gynecologic imaging. 2nd ed. 2012, SpringerPart 1.Ultrasound and Transvaginal Ultrasound: Techniques, Normal Findings, and Variations.Introduction /Min Hoan Moon and Jung Sik Kim --Illustrations /Min Hoan Moon and Jung Sik Kim --pt. 2.Gynecologic CT and MRI: Techniques and Normal Findings.Introduction /Sung Il Jung and Bohyun Kim --Illustrations /Sung Il Jung and Bohyun Kim --pt. 3.Variations and Congenital Anomalies of the Female Genital Tract.Introduction /Jeong Kon Kim --Illustrations /Jeong Kon Kim --pt. 4.Uterine Myoma.Introduction /Byung Kwan Park --Illustrations /Byung Kwan Park --pt. 5.Adenomyosis.Introduction /Byung Kwan Park --Illustrations /Byung Kwan Park --pt. 6.Imaging Evaluation of Uterine Cervical Carcinoma.Introduction /Seung Hyup Kim and Kyung-Sik Cho --Illustrations /Seung Hyup Kim and Kyung-Sik Cho --pt. 7.Endometrial Cancer.Introduction /Sung Il Hwang and Seung Hyup Kim --Illustrations /Sung Il Hwang and Seung Hyup Kim.pt. 8.Miscellaneous Tumors of the Uterus.Introduction /Yu Ri Shin and Sung Eun Rha --Illustrations /Yu Ri Shin and Sung Eun Rha --pt. 9.Post-treatment Changes and Recurrence of Uterine Malignancies.Introduction /Dae Chul Jung and Kie Hwan Kim --Illustrations /Dae Chul Jung and Kie Hwan Kim --pt. 10.Gestational Trophoblastic Diseases.Introduction /Jae Young Byun and Seung Eun Jung --Illustrations /Jae Young Byun and Seung Eun Jung --pt. 11.Miscellaneous Diseases of the Uterus.Introduction /Seung Eun Jung and Jae Young Byun --Illustrations /Seung Eun Jung and Jae Young Byun --pt. 12.Ovarian Cysts and Cystic Disease.Introduction /Hyuck Jae Choi --Illustrations /Hyuck Jae Choi --pt. 13.Ovarian Tumors: General Considerations and Mode of Spread.Introduction /Min Hoan Moon --Illustrations /Min Hoan Moon --pt. 14.Epithelial Tumors of the Ovary.Introduction /Sung Bin Park and Min Hoan Moon --Illustrations /Sung Bin Park and Min Hoan Moon.pt. 15.Germ Cell Tumors of the Ovary.Introduction /Sun Ho Kim --Illustrations /Sun Ho Kim --pt. 16.Sex Cord-Stromal Tumors of the Ovary.Introduction /Jung Suk Sim --Illustrations /Jung Suk Sim --pt. 17.Miscellaneous Tumors of the Ovary and Adnexa.Introduction /Chang Kyu Sung and Jung Suk Sim --Illustrations /Chang Kyu Sung and Jung Suk Sim --pt. 18.Endometriosis.Introduction /Hyun Lee and Jeong Yeon Cho --Illustrations /Hyun Lee and Jeong Yeon Cho --pt. 19.Adnexal Torsion.Introduction /Sung Eun Rha and Young-Hwa Kim --Illustrations /Sung Eun Rha and Young-Hwa Kim --pt. 20.Pelvic Inflammatory Disease and Tubo-ovarian Abscess.Introduction /Jeong Yeon Cho --Illustrations /Jeong Yeon Cho --pt. 21.Ectopic Pregnancy.Introduction /Min Hoan Moon and Young-Ho Lee --Illustrations /Min Hoan Moon and Young-Ho Lee.pt. 22.Vagina and Vulva.Introduction /Sun Ho Kim and Bohyun Kim --Illustrations /Sun Ho Kim and Bohyun Kim --pt. 23.Vascular Diseases of the Female Pelvis.Introduction /Seong Jin Park --Illustrations /Seong Jin Park --pt. 24.Pediatric Gynecologic Diseases./Introduction /So-Young Yoo and Woo Sun Kim --Illustrations /So-Young Yoo and Woo Sun Kim --pt. 25.Nongynecologic Lesions Mimicking Gynecologic Diseases.Introduction /Bum Sang Cho and Seung Hyup Kim --Illustrations /Bum Sang Cho and Seung Hyup Kim --pt. 26.Hysterosalpingography.Introduction /Hak Jong Lee --Illustrations /Hak Jong Lee --pt. 27.Sonohysterography.Introduction /Eun Ju Lee --Illustrations /Eun Ju Lee --pt. 28.Gynecologic Nonvascular Interventions.Introduction /See Hyung Kim and Seung Hyup Kim --Illustrations /See Hyung Kim and Seung Hyup Kim --pt. 29.Obstetric and Gynecologic Vascular Interventions.Introduction /Man-Deuk Kim and Jin Wook Chung --Illustrations.
- Rare and uncommon gynecological cancers a clinical guide 2011, SpringerEpidemiology and databases -- Rare and uncommon gynecological cancers: a clinical guide -- The contribution of diagnostic imaging in rare gynecological malignancies -- Mucinous cancers: ovary -- Pseudomyxoma peritonei -- Ovarian clear cell carcinoma -- Clear cell carcinoma of the ovary -- The continuum of serious ovarian tumors of low malignant potential and low-grade serous carcinoma of the ovary -- Sex cord-stromal tumors -- Squamous cell carcinomas arising from dermoids -- Ovarian carcinosarcomas -- Small cell and neuroendocrine cancers of the ovary -- Primary ovarian carcinoids and neuro-endocrine tumors including struma ovarii -- Reed uterine carcinosarcomas -- Leiomyosarcomas of uterus -- Mucinous tumors of the uterine corpus -- Clear cell cancers of uterus -- Small cell and neuroendocrine cancers of the cervix -- Primary malignant melanoma of the vulva and vagina -- Gynecologic cancers in pregnancy: guidelines of an international consensus meeting.
- Reducing racial/ethnic disparities in reproductive and perinatal outcomes the evidence from population-based interventions 2011, SpringerIntroduction: challenges in reducing disparities in reproductive and perinatal outcomes through evidence-based public health -- Methodological approach to assessing the evidence -- Evidence-based public health: origins, assumptions, and cautions -- Access to family planning and induced abortion -- Preconceptional health promotion -- Infertility status and infertility treatment: racial and ethnic disparities -- Public health interventions for perinatal HIV and STI screening in pregnancy -- What is the role of prenatal care in reducing racial and ethnic disparities in pregnancy outcomes? -- Current approaches to reducing premature births and implications for disparity elimination -- Prenatal case management of pregnant women: what is the evidence for its contribution to a reduction of disparities in perinatal outcomes? -- Behavioral treatment methods for pregnant smokers: the evidence base for prenatal care programs and professional practice -- Substance abuse in pregnancy: the impact of screening and treatment on improving perinatal outcomes and reducing racial and ethnic disparities -- The evidence for perinatal depression screening and treatment -- Supplemental nutrition programs during pregnancy and the early postnatal period -- Group prenatal care and doula care for pregnant women -- Contemporary childbirth in the United States: interventions and disparities -- Regionalized perinatal care: an evidence-based intervention in development.
- Reoperative pelvic surgery 2009, Springer
- Reproductive and hormonal aspects of systemic autoimmune diseases 2006, ScienceDirect
- Reproductive endocrinology a molecular approach 2009, SpringerBasis for molecular reproductive biology -- Introduction to the molecular organization of the endocrine/reproductive system -- Extracellular signaling receptors -- Molecules that transmit information into the cell: the intracellular signaling pathways -- Introduction to molecular biology: structure and function of the macromolecules of genetic information -- Regulation of gene expression -- Molecular basis of abnormal phenotype -- Tools of molecular reproductive biology -- Recombinant DNA technology -- Techniques for DNA analysis -- Analyzing gene expression -- DNA microarray analysis -- Computer assisted analysis of genes -- Introduction to gene therapy -- Molecular regulation of reproductive hormones -- GnRH-GnRH-receptor system in the mammalian female reproductive tract -- FSH: one hormone with multiple forms, or a family of multiple hormones -- FSH receptor: one receptor with multiple forms or a family of receptors -- Regulation of the early steps in gonadal steroidogenesis -- Prostaglandins and their mechanisms of action in the cyclic ovary -- Androgens: molecular basis and related disorders -- Leptin as a reproductive hormone -- Neurosteroids and sexual behavior and reproduction -- Molecular regulation of the reproductive organs and tissues -- Autocrine and paracrine regulation of the ovary -- Ovarian endocrine activity: role of follistatin, activin, and inhibin -- Hormonal and molecular regualtion of the cytochrome P450 aromatase gene expression in the ovary -- Epigenetic mechanisms of ovarian gene regulation -- Ovarian function and failure: the role of the oocyte and its molecules -- Molecular control of corpus luteum function -- Molecular landscape of spermatogonial stem cell renewal, meiotic sex chromosome inactivation, and spermatic head shaping.
- Research and development in breast ultrasound 2005, Springer
- 5-minute consult clinical companion to women's health — History of cervical cancer and the role of the human papillomavirus, 1960-2000 the transcript of a witness seminar held by the Wellcome Trust Centre for the History of Medicine at UCL, London, on 13 May 2008 (100)
- History of diabetes in pregnancy the impact of maternal diabetes on offspring prenatal development and survival — Research and development in breast ultrasound (100)
- Saving women's lives strategies for improving breast cancer detection and diagnosis — Women's health a primary care clinical guide. 3rd ed. (28)
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
Bookmark on other websites
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases