Books by Subject
Obstetrics and Gynecology
- 5-minute consult clinical companion t...
- — New techniques in genital prolapse su...
- Obstetric anesthesia handbook. 5th ed...
- — Women's health. 3rd ed. ................
- Obstetric anesthesia handbook. 5th ed. 2010, Springer
- Obstetric dermatology 2009, Springer
- Obstetric fistula 2006, WHO
- Obstetric medicine 2007., Springer
- Obstetrics in family medicine 2006, SpringerPhysiology -- Preconception care -- Prenatal care -- Medications in pregnancy -- Dysmorphic growth and genetic abnormalities -- Intrauterine growth restriction -- Preterm labor -- Premature rupture of membranes -- Early pregnancy bleeding -- Late pregnancy bleeding -- Recurrent spontaneous abortion -- Rh isoimmunization -- Infection in pregnancy -- Hypertension in pregnancy -- Diabetes in pregnancy -- HIV and pregnancy -- Multigestational pregnancy -- Post-dates pregnancy -- Normal labor -- Induction and augmentation -- Pain management in labor -- Operative delivery -- Prolonged labor -- Shoulder dystocia -- Malpresentation -- Fetal heart rate monitoring -- Maternal fever in labor -- Postpartum hemorrhage -- Perineal laceration and episiotomy -- Newborn evaluation -- Routine hospital postpartum management -- Complications of the hospital postpartum period.
- Obstetrics. 5th ed. 2007
- Obstetrics. 6th ed. 2012, MD ConsultPlacental anatomy and physiology -- Placental and fetal physiology -- Maternal physiology -- Maternal-fetal immunology -- Developmental origins of adult health and disease -- Preconception and prenatal care: part of the continuum -- Nutritional management during pregnancy -- Drugs and environmental agents in pregnancy and lactation: embryology, teratology, epidemiology -- Obstetrical ultrasound: imaging, dating, and growth -- Genetic counseling and genetic screening -- Prenatal genetic diagnosis -- Antepartum fetal evaluation -- Normal labor and delivery -- Abnormal labor and induction of labor -- Operative vaginal delivery -- Intrapartum fetal evaluation -- Obstetrical anesthesia -- Malpresentations and shoulder dystocia -- Antepartum and postpartum hemorrhage -- Cesarean delivery -- The neonate -- Postpartum care -- Lactation and breastfeeding -- Surgery during pregnancy -- Trauma and related surgery in pregnancy -- Pregnancy loss -- Cervical insufficiency -- Preterm birth -- Premature rupture of the membranes -- Multiple gestations -- Intrauterine growth restriction -- Red cell alloimmunization -- Amniotic fluid disorders -- Prolonged and postterm pregnancy -- Hypertension -- Heart disease -- Respiratory diseases in pregnancy -- Renal disease -- Diabetes mellitus complicating pregnancy -- Thyroid and parathyroid diseases in pregnancy -- Pituitary and adrenal disorders in pregnancy -- Hematologic complications of pregnancy -- Thromboembolic disorders -- Collagen vascular diseases -- Hepatic and gastrointestinal diseases -- Neurologic disorders -- Malignant diseases and pregnancy -- Skin disease in pregnancy and puerperium -- Maternal and perinatal infection: the sexually transmitted diseases chlamydia, gonorrhea, and syphilis -- Maternal and perinatal infection-viral -- Maternal and perinatal infection-bacterial -- Mental health and behavioral disorders in pregnancy -- Patient safety and quality measurement in obstetrical care -- Legal and ethical issues in obstetrical practice.
- Oncoplastic breast surgery 2010, Springer1. General Surgery -- Surgical Anatomy / Elisabeth Würinger -- Breast Cancer Surgery: Standard Principles / Florian Fitzal -- Oncoplastic Breast Surgery / Peter Schrenk -- 2. Oncoplastic Surgery (OPS) -- OPS and Breast Conserving Surgery (BSC) / Peter Schrenk, Elizabeth J. Hall-Findlay, Florian Fitzal, Andrea Grisotti and Donato Casella, et al. -- OPS and Mastectomy / Grant W. Carlson, Francesca De Lorenzi, Mario Rietjens, Andrea Manconi and Daniela Hoch, et al. -- Special Considerations / Florian Fitzal, Rupert Koller, Stefan Gärner, Elisabeth Grafinger-Witt and Mario Rietjens, et al.
- Ovarian cancer. 2nd ed. 2009, Springer
- Ovarian toxicology 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Ovary. 2nd ed. 2004, ScienceDirect
- Pathology of the human placenta. 5th ed. 2006, SpringerExamination of the placenta -- Macroscopic features of the delivered placenta -- Microscopic survey -- Placental types -- Early development of the human placenta -- Basic structure of the villous trees -- Architecture of normal villous trees -- Characterization of the developmental stages -- Nonvillous parts and trophoblast invasion -- Involution of placental site; retained placenta -- Anatomy and pathology of the placental membranes -- Anatomy and pathology of the umbilical cord -- Placental shape aberrations -- Histopathologic approach to villous alterations -- Classification of villous maldevelopment -- Erythroblastosis fetalis and hydrops fetalis -- Transplacental hemorrhage, cell transfer, trauma -- Fetal storage disorders -- Maternal diseases complicating pregnancy: diabetes, tumors, preeclampsia, lupus anticoagulant -- Infectious diseases -- Abortion, placentas of trisomies, and immunologic considerations of recurrent reproductive failure -- Molar pregnancies -- Trophoblastic neoplasms -- Benign tumors and chorangiosis -- Multiple pregnancies -- Legal considerations -- Glossary -- Normative values and tables.
- Pathology of the human placenta. 6th ed. 2012, Springer
- Pathology of the vulva and vagina 2013, Springer
- Pediatric and adolescent gynecology 2004, Karger
- The extended contents of this second edition reflect the growing spectrum of topics in pediatric and adolescent gynecology. Like its predecessor, this book addresses the most common gynecological problems encountered in childhood medicine, including endocrinological and surgical aspects. New chapters place particular emphasis on an update of technological aspects such as ultrasound, molecular genetics, surgery in sex disorders and new problems encountered in reproductive medicine. The book opens with a comprehensive description of the background of infant and adolescent gynecology and diagnostic tools. Several chapters are devoted to the various pathologies encountered in prepubertal and adolescent girls. Contemporary social issues such as sexual abuse, sexually transmitted diseases, contraception for teenagers and teenage pregnancy are also discussed in detail. Presenting a clear plan for clinical management and treatment of frequently encountered problems in prepubertal and adolescent girls, this book should be read by pediatricians, endocrinologists, gynecologists and family practitioners.
- Pediatric and adolescent gynecology. 5th ed. 2005, OvidOffice evaluation of the child and adolescent -- Ambiguous genitalia in the newborn -- Vulvovaginal problems in the prepubertal child -- The physiology of puberty -- Precocious puberty -- Delayed puberty -- Amenorrhea in the adolescent -- Dysfunctional uterine bleeding -- Androgen abnormalities in the adolescent girl -- Structural abnormalities of the female reproductive tract -- Gynecologic pain : dysmenorrhea, accute and chronic pelvic pain, endometriosis, and premenstrual syndrome -- Education of the child and adolescent -- Pediatric urology in the pediatric and adolescent girl -- Vulvovaginal complaints in the adolescent -- Bacterial sexually transmitted infections : gonorrhea, chlamydia, pelvic inflammatory disease, and syphilis -- Human immunodeficiency virus in young women -- Human papillomavirus infection in children and adolescents -- Benign and malignant ovarian masses -- The breast : examination and lesions -- Contraception -- Teen pregnancy -- Adolescent sexuality -- Gynecologic issues in young women with chronic diseases -- Sexual abuse in the child and adolescent -- Complementary and alternative medicine for gynecology patients -- Legal issues in pediatric and adolescent gynecology.
- Pelvic floor disorders 2010, Springer
- Pelvic floor dysfunction 2006, Springer
- Pelvic floor re-education. 2nd ed. 2008, SpringerPart I. Function and Dysfunction of the Pelvic Floor and Viscera -- Functional Anatomy of the Pelvic Floor and Lower Urinary Tract / Daniele Perucchini and John O. L. DeLancey -- Neural Control of Pelvic Floor Muscles / David B. Vodušek -- The Effects of Pregnancy and Childbirth on the Pelvic Floor / Kaven Baessler and Bernhard Schüssler -- Muscle Function and Ageing / Brenda Russell and Linda Brubaker -- Urinary Incontinence and Voiding Dysfunction / Annette Kuhn and Bernhard Schüssler -- Pelvic Organ Prolapse / Peggy A. Norton -- Anal Incontinence, Constipation, and Obstructed Defecation / Abdul H. Sultan and A. Muti Abulaffi -- Overactive Pelvic Floor Muscles and Related Pain / Wendy F. Bower -- Part II. Evaluation of the Pelvic Floor -- Clinical Evaluation of the Pelvic Floor Muscles / Diane K. Newman and Jo Laycock -- Examination of Patients with Pelvic Organ Prolapse / Ursula M. Peschers -- Urodynamics / Ursula M. Peschers -- Applying Urodynamic Findings to Clinical Practice / Christopher K. Payne -- Anorectal Physiology / David Z. Lubowski and Michael L. Kennedy -- Ultrasound Imaging / Kaven Baessler and Heinz Kölbl -- Magnetic Resonance Imaging / Thomas Treumann, Ralf Tunn and Bernhard Schüssler -- Electrophysiology / Clare J. Fowler and David B. Vodušek -- Outcome Measures in Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation / Kate H. Moore and Emmanuel Karantanis -- Part III. Techniques of Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation and Muscle Training -- Concepts of Neuromuscular Rehabilitation and Pelvic Floor Muscle Training / Jo Laycock -- Exercise, Feedback, and Biofeedback / Pauline E. Chiarelli and Kate H. Moore -- Electrical Stimulation / Wendy F. Bower -- Extracorporeal Magnetic Stimulation / Alastair R. Morris and Kate H. Moore -- Devices / Ingrid Nygaard and Peggy A. Norton -- Alternative Methods to Pelvic Floor Muscle Awareness and Training / Kaven Baessler and Barbara E. Bell -- Part IV. Treatment: Condition-Specific Assessment and Approaches -- Behavioral Treatment / Kathryn L. Burgio -- Stress Urinary Incontinence / Jo Laycock -- Evidence for the Effectiveness of Pelvic Floor Muscle Training in the Treatment and Antenatal Prevention of Female Urinary Incontinence / E. Jean C. Hay-Smith and Kate H. Moore -- Postpartum Management of the Pelvic Floor / Pauline E. Chiarelli -- Role of a Perineal Clinic / Ranee Thakar -- Overactive Bladder / Kathryn L. Burgio, Dudley Robinson and Linda Cardozo -- Sexual Dysfunction and the Overactive Pelvic Floor / Wendy F. Bower -- Anal Incontinence and Evacuation Difficulties / Christine Norton -- Incontinence During Sports and Fitness Activities / Alain P. Bourcier -- Pelvic Organ Prolapse - Pessary Treatment / Jane A. Schulz and Elena Kwon -- Part V. What to Do if Physiotherapy Fails? -- Stress Urinary Incontinence: Choice of Surgery / Stuart L. Stanton -- Genital Prolapse: Surgery for Failed Conservative Treatment / Stuart L. Stanton -- The Anal Sphincter / Klaus E. Matzel, Manuel Besendörfer and Stefanie Kuschel.
- Perinatal epidemiology for public health practice 2009, SpringerIntroduction / Melisa M. Adams -- Reproductive Health Issues / Melisa M. Adams -- Maternal Morbidity / Melisa M. Adams -- Maternal Mortality / Melisa M. Adams -- Infant Morbidity / Melisa M. Adams -- The Continuum of Reproductive Loss from Pregnancy Through Infancy / Melisa M. Adams -- Birth Weight, Gestational Duration, and Fetal Growth / Melisa M. Adams -- Conclusion / Melisa M. Adams.
- Perinatal stress, mood, and anxiety disorders 2005, KargerA historical perspective on the psychiatry of motherhood / I. Brockington -- Diagnostic classification of perinatal mood disorders / A. Riecher-Rössler, A. Rohde -- Maternal adversity, vulnerability, and disease / S.G. Matthews, M.J. Meaney -- Behavioral perinatology / P.D. Wadhwa -- Maternal depression: an adverse early environment / A.J. Beach ... [et al.] -- Perinatal infanticide and suicide / M.G. Spinelli -- Relevance of gonadal hormones to perinatal mood and anxiety disorders / A. Ahokas ... [et al.] --Pharmacotherapy for psychiatric disorders in pregnancy / L.E. Ross ... [et al.] -- Maternal depression in the postpartum period: impact of breast-feeding on treatment planning / Z.N. Stowe, K. Ragan, D.J. Newport -- The use of interpersonal psychotherapy for perinatal mood and anxiety disorders / S. Stuart, M.W. O'Hara -- Group psychotherapy for depression in early stages of motherhood / M. Hofecker-Fallahpour, A. Riecher-Rössler -- Alternative treatment strategies for perinatal depression and anxiety / M. O'Higgins, V. Glover, M. Corral.
- Perineal and anal sphincter trauma 2007, Springer
- Pessaries in clinical practice 2006, Springer
- Physiology of prenatal exercise and fetal development 2012, SpringerMaternal Exercise Throughout Gestation and Fetal Development --Effects of Maternal Exercise on Labor and Delivery --Fetal and Postnatal Growth and Development --Effect on Postnatal Health and Beyond --What are the Barriers to and What is OK for an Exercise Study --Conclusions.
- Placenta and trophoblast Springer Protocolsv. 2 Springer Protocols
- Polycystic ovary syndrome 2007, Springer
- Polycystic ovary syndrome 2008, Springer
- Polymers for vascular and urogenital applications 2012, CRCnetBASE"In a carefully crafted, multidisciplinary, skillfully focused format, this book covers attributes of polymers used for vascular, urological, and gynecological materials. It provides a brief analysis of how the use of polymers in vascular and urogenital applications has evolved in the past five decades and outlines their common and specific functional requirements. It features small, readable monographs that provide a brief description of the evolving role of a particular material, and present topics in highly integrated, well-balanced, authoritatively prepared segments on materials processing and in vitro and in vivo evaluation, complete with case studies"--Provided by publisher.
- Practical gynecologic oncology. 4th ed. 2005, Ovid
- Prenatal corticosteroids for reducing morbidity and mortality after preterm birth 2005, Wellcome Trust
- Prenatal diagnosis 2008, Springer ProtocolsSpectral Karyotyping (SKY): Applications in Prenatal Diagnostics / S. Mergenthaler-Gatfield, W. Holzgreve and S. Hahn -- Characterization of prenatally assessed de novo small supernumerary marker chromosomes by molecular cytogenetics / T. Liehr -- Rapid Prenatal Aneuploidy Screening by Fluorescence In Situ Hybridization (FISH) / A. Weise and T. Liehr -- Application of Multi-PRINS to Simultaneously Identify Chromosomes 18, X, and Y in Prenatal Diagnosis / M. Gadji ... [et al.] -- Prenatal Diagnosis Using Array CGH / C.D. Kashork, A. Theisen and L.G. Shaffer -- Prenatal Detection of Chromosome Aneuploidy by Quantitative Fluorescence PCR / K. Mann, E. Petek and B. Pertl -- Real-time quantitative PCR for the detection of fetal aneuploidies / B.G. Zimmermann and L. Dudarewicz -- MLPA for Prenatal Diagnosis of Commonly Occurring Aneuploidies / J. Schouten and R.J. Galjaard -- MALDI-TOF Mass Spectrometry for Trisomy Detection / D.J. Huang, M.R. Nelson and W. Holzgreve -- Rapid Detection of Fetal Mendelian Disorders: Thalassemia and Sickle Cell Syndromes / J. Traeger-Synodinos, C. Vrettou and E. Kanavakis -- Rapid detection of fetal mendalian disorders: tay-sachs disease / E. Guetta and L. Peleg -- Arrayed primer extension reaction for genotyping on oligonucleotide microarray / J. Pullat and A. Metspalu -- A Fast Microelectronic Array for Screening and Prenatal Diagnosis of beta-Thalassemia / B. Foglieni ... [et al.] -- RHD Genotyping from Maternal Plasma: Guidelines and Technical Challenges / N.D. Avent -- Isolation of Cell-Free DNA from Maternal Plasma Using Manual and Automated Systems / D.J. Huang ... [et al.] -- Fetal DNA: Strategies for Optimal Recovery / T.J. Legler ... [et al.] -- Quantification of circulatory fetal DNA in the plasma of pregnant women / B.G. Zimmermann, D.G. Maddocks and N.D. Avent -- Detection and Quantification of Fetal DNA in Maternal Plasma by Using LightCycler Technology / Y. Purwosunu, A. Sekizawa and T. Okai -- Size Fractionation of Cell-Free DNA in Maternal Plasma and Its Application in Noninvasive Detection of Fetal Single Gene Point Mutations / Y. Li, W. Holzgreve and S. Hahn -- Maldi-tof mass spectrometry for analyzing cell-free fetal DNA in maternal plasma / C. Ding -- Isolation of Cell-Free RNA from Maternal Plasma / X.Y. Zhong, W. Holzgreve and D.J. Huang -- A microarray approach for systematic identification of placental-derived RNA markers in maternal plasma / N.B. Tsui and Y.M. Lo -- A novel method to identify syncytiotrophoblast-derived RNA products representative of trisomy 21 placental RNA in maternal plasma / A.T. Go ... [et al.] -- Method for extraction of high-quantity and -quality cell-free DNA from amniotic fluid / O. Lapaire, K.L. Johnson and D.W. Bianchi -- Detection of New Screening Markers for Fetal Aneuploidies in Maternal Plasma: A Proteomic Approach / C.S. Reddy, W. Holzgreve and S. Hahn.
- Prenatal exposures 2008, SpringerThemes and purpose -- Prenatal central nervous system development -- Low birth weight and prematurity : effects on child development outcomes -- Pre- and perinatal anoxia and hypoxia -- Prenatal infections -- Maternal chronic illness -- Nutrition -- Maternal stress -- Maternal smoking during pregnancy -- Gestational exposure to alcohol -- Maternal use of illicit drugs -- Air and water pollution -- Heavy metals and household chemicals.
- Epidemiology of gynecologic cancers -- Clinical genetics of gynecologic cancer -- The biology of gynecologic cancer -- Tumor invasion, angiogenesis, and metastasis: biology and clinical application -- Oncogenes and tumor suppressor genes -- Immunotherapy of gynecologic malignancies -- Development and identification of tumor markers -- Cancer prevention strategies -- Clinical trials methodology and biostatistics -- Diagnostic imaging techniques in gynecologic oncology -- Perioperative and critical care -- Surgical principles in gynecologic oncology -- Laparoscopic surgery in gynecologic cancer -- Biologic and physical aspects of radiation oncology -- Principles of chemotherapy in gynecologic cancer -- Pharmacology and therapeutics in gynecologic cancer -- Hormones and human malignancies -- Innovative 21st century therapies -- Pathogenesis and diagnosis of preinvasive lesions of the lower genital tract -- Vulva -- Vagina -- Uterine cervix -- Corpus: epithelial tumors -- Corpus: mesenchymal tumors -- Epithelial ovarian cancer -- Ovarian germ cell tumors -- Ovarian sex cord-stromal tumors -- Molar pregnancy and gestational trophoblastic neoplasms -- Breast cancer -- Management of infections in patients with gynecolgoic malignancy -- Management of complications of gynecologic cancer treatment -- Management of pain -- Nutrition support of patients with gynecologic cancer -- Quality of life issues in gynecologic oncology -- End of life care.
- Progestins and the mammary gland 2008, Springer
- Psychological challenges in obstetrics and gynecology 2007, Springer
- Psychosocial adaptation to pregnancy. 3rd ed. 2009, Springer
- Pulmonary problems in pregnancy 2009, SpringerNormal pregnancy -- Physiological transition from fetal to neonatal life in pregnancy -- Respiratory physiology in pregnancy -- High altitude, chronic hypoxia, and pregnancy -- Sleep physiology in pregnancy -- General management principles in pregnancy -- Diagnostic imaging in pregnancy -- Prescribing in pregnancy and lactation -- Monitoring fetal well-being in the critical care setting -- Anesthetic considerations in pregnant patients with pulmonary disorders -- Pulmonary disorders in pregnancy -- Obstructive sleep apnea in pregnancy -- Restless legs syndrome and periodic limb movement disorder in pregnancy -- Asthma in pregnancy -- Tuberculosis and pregnancy -- Pneumonia in the pregnant patient -- Chronic pulmonary disease and pregnancy -- Neuromuscular and chest wall diseases in pregnancy -- Pregnancy and the cystic fibrosis patient -- Pulmonary complications of collagen vascular disease in pregnancy -- Venous thromboembolism in pregnancy -- Pulmonary arterial hypertension in pregnancy -- Pulmonary procedures during pregnancy -- Critical illness in pregnancy -- Acute lung injury in pregnancy -- Airway management and mechanical ventilation in pregnancy.
- Rare and uncommon gynecological cancers 2011, SpringerEpidemiology and databases -- Rare and uncommon gynecological cancers: a clinical guide -- The contribution of diagnostic imaging in rare gynecological malignancies -- Mucinous cancers: ovary -- Pseudomyxoma peritonei -- Ovarian clear cell carcinoma -- Clear cell carcinoma of the ovary -- The continuum of serious ovarian tumors of low malignant potential and low-grade serous carcinoma of the ovary -- Sex cord-stromal tumors -- Squamous cell carcinomas arising from dermoids -- Ovarian carcinosarcomas -- Small cell and neuroendocrine cancers of the ovary -- Primary ovarian carcinoids and neuro-endocrine tumors including struma ovarii -- Reed uterine carcinosarcomas -- Leiomyosarcomas of uterus -- Mucinous tumors of the uterine corpus -- Clear cell cancers of uterus -- Small cell and neuroendocrine cancers of the cervix -- Primary malignant melanoma of the vulva and vagina -- Gynecologic cancers in pregnancy: guidelines of an international consensus meeting.
- Reoperative pelvic surgery 2009, Springer
- Reproductive and hormonal aspects of systemic autoimmune diseases 2006, ScienceDirect
- Reproductive endocrinology 2009, SpringerBasis for molecular reproductive biology -- Introduction to the molecular organization of the endocrine/reproductive system -- Extracellular signaling receptors -- Molecules that transmit information into the cell: the intracellular signaling pathways -- Introduction to molecular biology: structure and function of the macromolecules of genetic information -- Regulation of gene expression -- Molecular basis of abnormal phenotype -- Tools of molecular reproductive biology -- Recombinant DNA technology -- Techniques for DNA analysis -- Analyzing gene expression -- DNA microarray analysis -- Computer assisted analysis of genes -- Introduction to gene therapy -- Molecular regulation of reproductive hormones -- GnRH-GnRH-receptor system in the mammalian female reproductive tract -- FSH: one hormone with multiple forms, or a family of multiple hormones -- FSH receptor: one receptor with multiple forms or a family of receptors -- Regulation of the early steps in gonadal steroidogenesis -- Prostaglandins and their mechanisms of action in the cyclic ovary -- Androgens: molecular basis and related disorders -- Leptin as a reproductive hormone -- Neurosteroids and sexual behavior and reproduction -- Molecular regulation of the reproductive organs and tissues -- Autocrine and paracrine regulation of the ovary -- Ovarian endocrine activity: role of follistatin, activin, and inhibin -- Hormonal and molecular regualtion of the cytochrome P450 aromatase gene expression in the ovary -- Epigenetic mechanisms of ovarian gene regulation -- Ovarian function and failure: the role of the oocyte and its molecules -- Molecular control of corpus luteum function -- Molecular landscape of spermatogonial stem cell renewal, meiotic sex chromosome inactivation, and spermatic head shaping.
- Research and development in breast ultrasound 2005, Springer
- Saving women's lives 2005, NAP
- Scientific basis of healthcare. AIDS and pregnancy / 2012, CRCnetBASEHIV/AIDS : an overview / Francis Agyemang-Yeboah and Bernard C. Nkum -- Can teens teach other teens HIV prevention? : implications for AIDS and pregnancy / Ganga Mahat and Maryann Scoloveno -- Knowledge of antenatal attendees about HIV/AIDS in pregnancy / Anietie Effiong Moses, Emem Abasi Bassey, and Godwin Etim Asuquo -- Midwives and occupational exposures to HIV / Maria Ganczak -- Pregnancy and delivery in HIV positive women : antenatal care and outcome / Karoline Aebi-Popp, Christoph Rudin, and Luigia Elzi -- Management of HIV/AIDS stigma : nursing perspectives / Susan W. Gaskins -- Prenatal assistance to pregnant women with HIV/AIDS / Prescilla Chow ... [et al.] -- Antenatal screening and HIV-pregnancy : strategies for treatment / Ali A. Al-Jabri ... [et al.] -- Low lymphocyte count in HIV-pregnancy and strategies for treatment / Alashle Abimiku and Evaezi Okpokoro -- Antiretroviral regimens recommended for prevention of mother-to-child transmission of HIV / Christiana Smith and Adriana Weinberg -- Pregnancy-related adverse effects of antiretroviral therapy / Elie Azria, Sophie Matheron, and Dominique Luton.
- Seat on the aisle, please! 2006, Springer
- Selective estrogen receptor modulators 2006, Springer
- Sexually transmissible infections in clinical practice 2009, Springer
- Shoulder dystocia and birth injury. 3rd ed. 2009, SpringerPreconceptual risk factors / James A. O'Leary -- Antepartum risk factors / James A. O'Leary -- Role of ultrasound in shoulder dystocia / James A. O'Leary -- Intrapartum risk factors / James A. O'Leary -- Pelvimetry / James A. O'Leary -- Recognition of disproportion / James A. O'Leary -- Delivery techniques / James A. O'Leary -- The McRoberts maneuver / James A. O'Leary -- Cephalic replacement : the Gunn-Zavanelli-O'Leary maneuver / James A. O'Leary -- Infant injury / James A. O'Leary -- In utero causation of brachial plexus injury : myth or mystery? / James A. O'Leary -- Recurrent shoulder dystocia / James A. O'Leary -- Predisposing factors for shoulder dystocia-related birth injuries : causation analysis / Leslie Iffy, Joseph J. Apuzzio, and Vijaya Raju -- Recognition, classification, and management of shoulder dystocia : the relationship to causation of brachial plexus injury / Michael S. Kreitzer -- Minimizing the risks of shoulder dystocia-related fetal injuries / Leslie Iffy -- The maternal fetal medicine viewpoint : causation and litigation / Barry S. Schifrin and Wayne R. Cohen -- Brachial plexus injury at cesarean section / Michael S. Kreitzer and James A. O'Leary -- Delivery of the nondiabetic macrosomic infant / Lisa Gittens-Williams -- The midwifery view of shoulder dystocia / Judith S. Mercer and Debra A. Erickson-Owens -- Recent research : relevant and reliable / James A. O'Leary -- Observations on the etiology of brachial plexus birth palsy based on radiographic, intraoperative, and histologic findings / Stephen M. Russell, Israel Alfonso, and John A.I. Grossman.
- Signs in MR-mammography 2008, Springer
- Te Linde's Operative gynecology. 10th ed. 2008, OvidSection I: General topics affecting gynecologic surgery practice -- Operative gynecology before the era of laparoscopy: a brief history / Gert H. Brieger -- The ethics of pelvic surgery / Ruth M. Farrell, Eli A. Rybak, and Edward Wallach -- Psychological aspects of pelvic surgery / Betty Ruth Speir -- Professional liability and risk management for the gynecologic surgeon / Charles J. Ward -- The changing environment in which we practice gynecologic surgery / Eric J. Bieber and Edie L. Derian -- Training the gynecologic surgeon / Robert M. Rogers, Jr. --Section II: Principles of anatomy and perioperative considerations -- Surgical anatomy of the female pelvis / John O. L. DeLancey -- Preoperative care / Sanford M. Markham and John A. Rock -- Postanesthesia and postoperative care / Alexander Duncan, Ira R. Horowitz, and Kenneth Kalassian -- Water, electrolyte, and acid-base metabolism / Jack B. Basil -- Postoperative infections: prevention and management / W. David Hager and John W. Larsen -- Shock in the gynecologic patient / Harriet O. Smith and Heather M. Greene -- Wound healing, suture material, and surgical instrumentation / Gary H. Lipscomb --Section III: Principles of gynecologic surgical techniques and management of endoscopy -- Incisions for gynecologic surgery / James J. Burke II and Donald G. Gallup -- Principles of electrosurgery as applied to gynecology / Richard M. Soderstrom and Andrew I. Brill -- Application of laser gynecology / John L. Marlow -- Diagnostic and operative laparoscopy / Howard T. Sharp, Sean L. Francis, and Ana Alvarez Murphy -- Operative hysteroscopy / Michael S. Baggish -- Control of pelvic hemorrhage / Howard W. Jones III and William A. Rock, Jr. --Section IV: Surgery for fertility -- The impact of assisted reproductive technology on gynecological surgery / Howard W. Jones, Jr. -- Reconstructive tubal surgery / Victor Gomel and Elizabeth Taylor -- Endometriosis / John S. Hesla and John A. Rock --Section V: Surgery for benign gynecologic conditions -- Surgical conditions of the vulva / Ira R. Horowitz, Joseph Buscema, and Bhagirath Majmudar -- Surgical conditions of the vagina and urethra / Celia E. Dominguez, John A. Rock, and Ira R. Horowitz -- Surgery for anomalies of the müllerian ducts / John A. Rock and Lesley L. Breech -- Normal and abnormal uterine bleeding / William J. Butler and David E. Carnovale -- Tubal sterilization / Herbert B. Peterson, Amy E. Pollack, and Jeffrey S. Warshaw -- Surgery for benign disease of the ovary / Joseph S. Sanfilippo and John A. Rock -- Persistent or chronic pelvic pain / John F. Steege -- Pelvic inflammatory disease / Mark G. Martens -- Leiomyomata uteri and myomectomy / Lesley L. Breech and John A. Rock -- Abdominal hysterectomy / Howard W. Jones III -- Vaginal hysterectomy / S. Robert Kovac -- Laparoscopic hysterectomy / Fred M. Howard --Section VI: Surgery for obstetrics -- Management of abortion / Melissa J. Kottke and Mimi Zieman -- Ectopic pregnancy / Mark A. Damario and John A. Rock -- Obstetric problems / Cornelia R. Graves -- Ovarian tumors complicating pregnancy / Cornelia R. Graves and Lynn Parker --Section VII: Surgery for corrections of defects in pelvic support and pelvic fistulas -- Pelvic organ prolapse----basic principles / Carl W. Zimmerman -- Site-specific repair of cystourethrocele / Carl W. Zimmerman -- Paravaginal defect repair / Bobby Shull -- Posterior compartment defects / Thomas M. Julian -- Vaginal vault prolapse / Steven D. Kleeman and Mickey M. Karram -- The nonsurgical management of pelvic organ prolapse: the use of vaginal pessaries / Rony A. Adam -- Stress urinary incontinence / Alfred E. Bent -- Operative injuries to the ureter / Paul Underwood, Jr. -- Vesicovaginal fistula and urethrovaginal fistula / G. Rodney Meeks and Ted M. Roth -- Anal incontinence and rectovaginal fistulas / Michael P. Aronson and Raymond A. Lee --Section VIII: Related surgery -- Breast diseases: benign and malignant / Victoria L. Green -- The vermiform appendix in relation to gynecology / Barry K. Jarnagin -- Intestinal tract in gynecologic surgery / Kelly L. Molpus -- Nongynecologic condition encountered by the gynecologic surgeon / James R. Dolan and Michael D. Moen --Section IX: Gynecologic oncology -- Malignancies of the vulva / Mitchel S. Hoffman -- Cervical cancer precursors and their management / Howard W. Jones III -- Cancer of the cervix / Dennis S. Chi ... [et al.] -- Endometrial cancer / Marta Ann Crispens -- Ovarian cancer: etiology, screening, and surgery / John R. Van Nagell, Jr., and David M. Gershenson -- Pelvic exenteration / Thomas W. Burke -- Surgical reconstruction of the pelvis in gynecologic cancer patients / Luis E. Mendez and Manuel Penalver.
- Therapiehandbuch Gynäkologie und Geburtshilfe 2007, Springer
- Tissue-specific estrogen action 2007, Springer
- Urogynecology 2006, Springer
- Urogynecology in primary care 2007, Springer
- Uterine cancer 2009., SpringerEssential epidemiology of cancer of the endometrium -- Endometrial cancer: screening, diagnosis, and surgical staging -- Imaging in the diagnosis and treatment of endometrial cancer -- Uterine cancer: pathology -- Molecular pathology and cytogenetics of endometrial carcinoma, carcinosarcoma, and uterine sarcomas -- Prognostic factors in uterine cancer -- Primary hormonal therapy of endometrial cancer -- Early-stage endometrial cancer: surgery -- Early-stage endometrial cancer: radiation -- Therapeutic modalities in early-stage uterine papillary serous carcinomas, carcinosarcomas, clear-cell and mixed histology carcinomas: building a case for combined chemotherapy and radiation -- Treatment of advanced and recurrent carcinoma: hormonal therapy -- Treatment of advanced and recurrent carcinoma: chemotherapy -- Treatment for advanced and recurrent carcinoma: combined modalities -- Management of uterine sarcomas -- Future directions: new targets.
- Vaginal surgery for incontinence and prolapse 2006, Springer
- Vertical scar mammaplasty 2005, Springer
- Weight gain during pregnancy 2009., NAP"As women of childbearing age have become heavier, the trade-off between maternal and child health created by variation in gestational weight gain has become more difficult to reconcile. Weight Gain During Pregnancy responds to the need for a reexamination of the 1990 Institute of Medicine guidelines for weight gain during pregnancy. It builds on the conceptual framework that underscored the 1990 weight gain guidelines and addresses the need to update them through a comprehensive review of the literature and independent analyses of existing databases. The book explores relationships between weight gain during pregnancy and a variety of factors (e.g., the mother's weight and height before pregnancy) and places this in the context of the health of the infant and the mother, presenting specific, updated target ranges for weight gain during pregnancy and guidelines for proper measurement. New features of this book include a specific range of recommended gain for obese women. Weight Gain During Pregnancy is intended to assist practitioners who care for women of childbearing age, policy makers, educators, researchers, and the pregnant women themselves to understand the role of gestational weight gain and to provide them with the tools needed to promote optimal pregnancy outcomes."--Back cover.
- What every woman should know about cervical cancer 2008, Springer
- Williams Gynecology. 2nd ed. 2012, AccessMedicineSection 1. Benign General Gynecology -- Section 2. Reproductive Endocrinology, Infertility, and the Menopause -- Section 3. Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery -- Section 4. Gynecologic Oncology -- Section 5. Aspects of Gynecologic Surgery -- Section 6. Atlas of Gynecologic Surgery.
- Williams Obstetrics 22e study guide 2005., AccessMedicineDesigned to assess comprehension and retention of materials covered in the 22nd edition of Williams Obstetrics. 2674 questions in multiple choice format.
- Williams Obstetrics. 23rd ed. 2010 (23rd ed.), AccessMedicineOverview of obstetrics -- Maternal anatomy -- Implantation, embryogenesis, and placental development -- Fetal growth and development -- Maternal physiology -- Parturition -- Preconceptional counseling -- Abortion -- Ectopic pregnancy -- Gestational trophoblastic disease -- Genetics -- Prenatal diagnosis and fetal therapy -- Teratology and medications that affect the fetus -- Antepartum assessment -- Fetal imaging -- Normal labor and delivery -- Intrapartum assessment -- Obstetrical anesthesia -- Abnormal labor -- Disorders of amnionic fluid volume -- Labor induction -- Forceps delivery and vacuum extraction -- Breech presentation and delivery -- Cesarean delivery and peripartum hysterectomy -- Prior cesarean delivery -- Abnormalities of the placenta, umbilical cord, and membranes -- The newborn infant -- Diseases and injuries of the fetus and newborn -- The puerperium -- Puerperal infection -- Contraception -- Sterilization -- Pregnancy hypertension -- Obstetrical hemorrhage -- Preterm birth -- Postterm pregnancy -- Fetal growth disorders -- Multifetal gestation -- Reproductive tract abnormalities -- General considerations and maternal evaluation -- Critical care and trauma -- Obesity -- Cardiovascular disease -- Chronic hypertension -- Pulmonary disorders -- Thromboembolic disorders -- Renal and urinary tract disorders -- Gastrointestinal disorders -- Hepatic, gallbladder, and pancreatic disorders -- Hematological disorders -- Diabetes -- Thyroid and other endocrine disorders -- Connective-tissue disorders -- Neurological and psychiatric disorders -- Dermatological disorders -- Neoplastic diseases -- Infectious diseases -- Sexually transmitted diseases.
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases