Books by Subject
- 5-minute consult clinical companion to women's health — History of endometriosis (100)
- HPV and cervical cancer achievements in prevention and future prospects — Selective estrogen receptor modulators a new brand of multitarget drugs (100)
- Sexually transmissible infections in clinical practice a problem-based approach — Women's health a primary care clinical guide. 3rd ed. (24)
Obstetrics and GynecologyAccess restricted to Stanford unless otherwise noted
- Acute abdomen during pregnancy 2014, SpringerPart I. Surgery -- 1. Acute Appendicitis -- 2. Acute Biliary Tract Diseases -- 3. Acute Pancreatitis -- 4. Nontraumatic Gastroduodenal Perforations -- 5. Symptomatic Abdominal Wall Hernias -- 6. Symptomatic Diaphragmatic Hernia -- 7. Intestinal Obstruction -- 8. Acute Inflammatory Bowel Disease -- 9. Spleen -- 10. Abdominal Trauma -- 11. Miscellaneous Conditions -- Part II. Gynecology -- 12. Adnexal Torsion -- 13. (Isolated) Torsion of the Fallopian Tube -- 14. Ruptured/Bleeding Ovarian Cysts/Tumors -- 15. Ruptured Ectopic Pregnancy -- 16. Spontaneous Uterine Rupture -- 17. Torsion of the Gravid Uterus -- 18. Degenerating Uterine Myomas -- 19. Pelvic Inflammatory Disease and Tubo-ovarian Abscess.
- Advances in diagnosis and management of ovarian cancer 2014, SpringerThis volume is an up-to-date resource on the international state-of-the-art in the diagnosis and management of ovarian cancer. While this devastating disease has been considered mainly a disease of the Western hemisphere, the book moves beyond our conventional understanding and embraces knowledge from around the world. It focuses on recent advances in diagnosis, including genetic screening; improvements and expanded choices in management, such as gene therapy and the optimization of chemotherapeutic agents; and the latest laparoscopic and robotic surgical techniques. Further chapters address histopathologic features of this disease, and related psychosocial and quality of-life-issues. The book is aimed at the wide range of practitioners who care for patients with ovarian cancer and researchers who study the disease: general surgeons, surgical oncologists, gynecological oncologists, medical oncologists, pediatric oncologists, gynecological pathologists, gynecologists, gynecological cancer epidemiologists, gynecological onco-psychologist, genetic counselors, geneticists, and cancer research scientists.
- Advances in fetal and neonatal physiology proceedings of the Center for Perinatal Biology 40th Anniversary Symposium 2014, Springer"To celebrate the Center for Perinatal Biology's 40th Anniversary, an illustrious group gathered at Loma Linda University in February 2013. That gathering of experts and this volume of the proceedings are a tribute to the founder of the Center, Lawrence D. Longo, M.D. These chapters present contributions from individuals who in some way or another were influenced by Dr. Longo. Covering a wide range of topics, and illustrating the diversity of thinking and scientific interests, these proceedings address basic science through to clinical problems in the developmental programming of health and disease"--Publisher's description.
- Advances in ovarian cancer management 2012, Future MedAdvances in ovarian cancer management / Peter E. Schwartz -- Etiology and overview / Gang Ye, Stefanie Bernaudo & Chun Peng -- Diagnostic imaging in the management of ovarian masses / Amit Mahajan, Indukala Doddamane & Shirley McCarthy -- Initial surgical management of ovarian cancer / Jason Knight & Peter G. Rose -- Initial chemotherapy for the treatment of ovarian cancer / Katherine M. Moxley & Robert S. Mannel -- Neoadjuvant chemotherapy in the management of advanced ovarian cancer / Peter E. Schwartz -- Intraperitoneal chemotherapy : its use in epithelial ovarian cancer / Neesha Dhani & Helen Mackay -- Chemotherapeutic management of recurrent ovarian cancer / Marcia Hall -- Emerging chemotherapy agents in ovarian cancer / Daliah Tsoref & Amit M. Oza -- Surgical management of recurrent ovarian cancer / Eelco de Bree -- Angiogenesis in ovarian cancer / Vincent Castonguay & Amit M. Oza -- Antigen-specific immunotherapy for ovarian cancer / Dana M. Roque & Alessandro D. Santin -- Poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase inhibitors and epithelial ovarian cancer -- Thomas P. McNally, Gillianne G.Y. Lai & Richard T. Penson -- Emerging targeted therapies / Mirko Marabese & Massimo Broggini -- Palliative care in ovarian cancer / Cynthia O'Sullivan, Elizabeth Ercolano & Ruth McCorkle -- Guidelines in ovarian cancer / Domenica Lorusso, Antonella Pietragalla & Giovanni Scambia -- Index.
- Advances in reconstructive vaginal surgery 2007, Ovid
- Amenorrhea a case-based, clinical guide 2010, SpringerAmenorrhea: A Case-Based Clinical Guide is a comprehensive review of the current knowledge regarding normal female reproductive physiology. Replete with interesting case vignettes and providing diagnostic algorithms and therapeutic strategies for amenorrhea, Amenorrhea: A Case-Based Clinical Guide is divided into three sections. The first section is composed of two chapters that provide a thorough review of basic science and clinical knowledge about the organ systems responsible for normal physiology of the menstrual cycle. The second section includes discussion about menstrual cycle disruption as it relates to hypothalamic-pituitary dysfunction, surgical and natural menopause, genetic defects, premature ovarian failure/insufficiency and the effects of caloric excess and restriction. The third section offers an update on the physiological effects of prolonged amenorrhea induced surgically or by hypothalamic dysfunction and also includes an original chapter that focuses solely on the impact of race and ethnicity on the prevalence and diagnosis of amenorrhea. Amenorrhea: A Case-Based Clinical Guide brings together chapters from renowned experts who offer state-of-the-art, clinically useful information in a case-based, reader-friendly fashion. This title will be a welcome addition to the bookshelves of all clinicians who practice in women's health settings.
- Anatomic study of the clitoris and the bulbo-clitoral organ 2014, Springer"This eagerly awaited book offers a unique, comprehensive scientific study of the anatomy of the organ of female sexual pleasure. The authors use macroscopic and microscopic research to guide the reader from the glans, the visible part of the clitoris, where they explore the impressive sensory corpuscles, to the hidden roots of the bulbo-clitoral organ. They show its complexity, its exact location within the external genitalia and its intimate relationship with the urethro-vaginal pyramid. They also remind us that throughout history there has been a failure to understand this organ, and explain that this misunderstanding remains the cause of persistent excisions, criminal mutilating practices that have not yet been eradicated. Using extensive iconography, they demonstrate throughout this book that the bulbo-clitoral organ is an exceptional natural treasure that every woman possesses and that every man should know well."--Publisher's website.
- Androgen excess disorders in women polycystic ovary syndrome and other disorders. 2nd ed. 2006, SpringerA brief history of androgen excess / Ricardo Azziz -- Ovarian and adrenal androgen biosynthesis and metabolism / Walter L. Miller, David H. Geller, and Mitchell Rosen -- Androgens throughout the life of women / C. Richard Parker, Jr. -- Physiological effects of androgens in women / T. Keta Hodgson and Glenn D. Braunstein -- Androgen measurements: methods, interpretation, and limitations / Frank Z. Stanczyk -- Androgen-secreting adrenal and ovarian neoplasms / Michel Pugeat ... [et al.] -- Cushing's syndrome, acromegaly, and androgen excess / Anne-Céline Reyss and Didier Dewailly -- The nonclassic adrenal hyperplasias / Didier Dewailly and Ricardo Azziz -- Pregnancy-related androgen excess / Howard D. McClamrock -- Drug-induced hyperandrogenism / Barbara Neraud and Didier Dewailly -- Severe insulin-resistant hyperandrogenic syndromes / David E. Moller, Antonio Vidal-Puig, and Ricardo Azziz -- Idiopathic hirutism / Enrico Carmina -- Definition and epidemiology of the polycystic ovary syndrome / Ricardo Azziz -- Clinical features of the polycystic ovary syndrome / Walter Futterweit, Evanthia Diamanti-Kandarakis, and Ricardo Azziz -- Biochemical features of the polycystic ovary syndrome / Adam H. Balen -- Ovarian histology, morphology, and ultrasonography in the polycystic ovary syndrome / Sophie Jonard ... [et al.] --Hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadtrophic dysfunction in the polycystic ovary syndrome / R. Jeffrey Chang and Rinku V. Mehta -- Ovarian steroidogenic abnormalities in the polycystic ovary syndrome / Denis A. Magoffin -- Hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal dysfunction in the polycystic ovary syndrome / Bulent O. Yildiz, Enrico Carmina, and Ricardo Azziz -- The genetic basis of the polycystic ovary syndrome / Mark O. Goodarzi -- Pediatric hyperandrogenism and the polycystic ovary syndrome in adolescence / Kathleen M. Hoeger -- Environmental factors in the polycystic ovary syndrome / Marie-France Hivert and Jean-Patrice Baillargeon -- Animal models and fetal programming of the polycystic ovary syndrome / David H. Abbott ... [et al.] -- Insulin resistance and hyperinsulinism in the polycystic ovary syndrome / Paulina A. Essah and John E. Nestler -- The endocrine impact of obesity and body habitus in the polycystic ovary syndrome / Renato Pasquali and Alessandra Gambineri -- Molecular mechanisms of insulin resistance in the polycystic ovary syndrome / Theodore P. Ciaraldi -- Menstrual dysfunction and endometrial neoplasia in the polycystic ovary syndrome / Abdulkadir Wagley and Paul Hardiman -- Beta-cell dysfunction, glucose intolerance, and diabetes in the polycystic ovary syndrome / David A. Ehrmann -- Hypertension and cardiovascular and lipoprotein abnormalities in the polycystic ovary syndrome / Francesco Orio and Stefano Palomba --Reproductive and obstetrical consequences of the polycystic ovary syndrome / Mary C. Johnson and Richard S. Legro -- Psychosocial and quality-of-life consequences of androgen excess and the polycystic ovary syndrome / Onno E. Janssen, Susanne Hahn, and Sigrid Elsenbruch -- Overview of long-term morbidity and economic cost of the polycystic ovary syndrome / Ricardo Azziz -- Clinical and hormonal evaluation of androgen excess / Ricardo Azziz -- Ovarian suppression and treatment of hirsutism / Paolo Moghetti -- Polycystic ovary syndrome and ovulation induction / Bulent O. Yildiz and Ricardo Azziz -- In vitro fertilization for the polycystic ovary syndrome / Hanadi Ba-Akdah ... [et al.] -- Surgical management of the polycystic ovary syndrome / Adam H. Balen -- Use of insulin sensitizers in the polycystic ovary syndrome / Kai I. Cheang and John E. Nestler -- Weight reduction and lifestyle modification in the treatment of androgen excess / Manny Noakes ... [et al.].
- Aromatase inhibitors. 2nd rev. ed. 2008, Springer
- Atlas of breast surgery 2006, Springer
- Atlas of endometrial histopathology. 3rd ed. 2010, SpringerTechnical Remarks -- Normal Endometrium -- Metaplastic Changes -- Circulatory Disturbances -- Functional Disturbances -- Iatrogenic Changes -- Endometritis -- Neoplasms -- Gestational Changes.
- Atlas of gynecologic oncology imaging 2014, SpringerThis book provides a comprehensive visual review of pathologic disease variations of the five main types of gynecologic cancers: ovarian, endometrial, cervical, vaginal, and vulvar. Through the use of cross-sectional imaging modalities, including computed tomography, magnetic resonance imaging, ultrasound, and positron emission tomography, it depicts normal anatomy as well as common gynecological tumors. For each type of cancer, aspects such as primary staging, recurrence patterns, and findings from different yet complementary imaging modalities are explored. Atlas of Gynecologic Oncology Imaging presents a coherent perspective of the roles of standard and cutting-edge imaging techniques in gynecologic oncology via a multidisciplinary approach to cancer care. Featuring over 600 images, this book is a valuable resource for diagnostic radiologists, radiation oncologists, and gynecologists.
- Atlas of gynecologic surgical pathology. Third edition [3rd ed.] 2014, ClinicalKeyRapidly and accurately identify gynecologic tumors and related lesions with the updated Atlas of Gynecologic Surgical Pathology. Complete with hundreds of photographs, this medical reference book provides you with the know-how you need to perform state-of-the-art gynecologic diagnoses, right at your own microscope. Quickly and effortlessly find the essential information you need with summary tables, charts, and boxes throughout the text. Expedite reference with a consistent approach to every entity discussed, including definitions, clinical features, gross features, microscopic features, and differential diagnoses. Avoid diagnostic errors with comprehensive coverage of commonly encountered pitfalls.
- Atlas of Pelvic Anatomy and Gynecologic Surgery richly illustrates pelvic anatomy and surgical geography through full-color artwork, and step-by-step descriptions. Drs. Michael S. Baggish and Mickey Karram guide you through detailed anatomy and the full spectrum of surgical procedures, including new chapters on robotics, major complications of laparoscopic surgery, cosmetic gynecologic surgery, minimally invasive non-hysteroscopic endometrial ablation to keep you current in your field. Follow each procedure step by step through superb full-color illustrations with concise descriptions and detailed legends. See actual surgical procedures and realistic depictions of surgical geography thanks to color photographs of surgeries and pelvic cadaver anatomy.
- Atlas of pelvic floor ultrasound 2008, Springer
- Atlas of postmenopausal osteoporosis. 3rd ed. 2010, Springer
- Atlas of single-port, laparoscopy, and robotic surgery a practical approach in gynecology 2014, SpringerMinimally invasive surgery has become the standard treatment for many diseases and conditions. In the last decade, numerous studies have demonstrated that laparoscopic approaches have improved patients quality of life if compared with standard open procedures. Atlas of Single-Port, Laparoscopic, and Robotic Surgery serves as a guide in single-port, standard laparoscopy, and robotic surgery and shows how novel techniques, such as single-port laparoscopy and robotics, have recently evolved. The atlas illustrates the unique challenges that the new single-port surgery modality presents, including instruments crowding and articulation, and the advanced laparoscopic skills required to perform these procedures, such as the ability to move and control a flexible camera. It also illustrates how to efficiently and safely utilize the robot to perform most gynecologic procedures. This exceptional resource provides students, residents, fellows, operating room personnel, and practicing gynecologic surgeons with invaluable information about instrumentation, surgical technique, port systems, and the current research and development in robotics.
- Atlas of staging in gynecological cancer 2008, Springer
- Berek & Novak's Gynecology. 14th ed. 2007, Ovid
- Berek & Novak's Gynecology. 15th ed. 2012, Ovid"Berek and Novak's Gynecology is the gold standard text in general gynecology serving both as a comprehensive reference and a practical, clinically-oriented text. This reference is not only a must-have product for residents in training, but it offers information for the practicing physician. The book covers the entire spectrum of women's healthcare by offering guidance for the management of specific gynecologic conditions in eight sections. The first two sections cover principles of practice and initial assessment and the relevant basic science. The third section is on preventive and primary care for women, and the remaining five sections are directed at methods of diagnosis and management in general gynecology, operative general gynecology, urogynecology and pelvic reconstructive surgery, reproductive endocrinology, and gynecologic oncology"--Provided by publisher.
- Biennial review of infertility. Volume 3 v. 3, 2013, SpringerPart I: Male Infertility -- 1. Supplements to Enhance Male Fertility / Peter N. Schlegel -- 2. Poor Quality Ejaculate Sperm: Do the Data Support the Use of Testis Sperm? / Robert D. Oates -- 3. The Aging Male and Impact on Offspring / Timothy G. Jenkins, Kenneth I. Aston, and Douglas T. Carrell -- 4. Testosterone Replacement Therapy in Men: Effects on Fertility and Health / Peter T.K. Chan -- Part II: Female Infertility -- 5. A Practical Approach to Recent Advancesin Ovarian Reserve Testing / Benjamin Leader and Valerie L. Baker -- 6. Maternal Age and Oocyte Aneuploidy: Lessons Learned from Trisomy 21 / Stephanie L. Sherman, Emily G. Allen, and Lora J.H. Bean1 -- 7. Fertility Preservation for Cancer Patients / Suneeta Senapati and Clarisa R. Gracia -- 8. Reproductive Surgery and Computer-Assisted Laparoscopy: The New Age of Subspecialty Surgery Is Here / Shane T. Lipskind and Antonio R. Gargiulo -- Part III: Assisted Reproduction Techniques -- 9. Advances in Systems for Embryo Culture / Roberta Maggiulli, Lisa Dovere, Filippo Ubaldi and Laura Rienzi -- 10. Patient-Tailored Approaches to Ovarian Stimulation in ART / Theodora C. van Tilborg, Frank J.M. Broekmans, Helen L. Torrance and Bart C. Fauser -- 11. Cryopreserved Oocyte Banking: Its Prospects and Promise / Kathryn J. Go, Zsolt Peter Nagy, and Ching-Chien Chang -- 12. Reproductive Tourism / Raphael Ron-El -- Part IV: Evolving Controversies in Contemporary Reproductive Medicine -- 13. Intrauterine Insemination: An Ineffective Treatment / Erica B. Johnstone and Jessie Dorais -- 14. IUI Is a Valuable and Cost-Effective Therapy for Most Couples / Lobke M. Moolenaar, Bradley J. Van Voorhis and Fulco van der Veens -- 15. Vitrification of Human Oocytes and Embryos: An Overview / Juergen Liebermann -- 16. Should We Eliminate Fresh Embryo Transfer from ART? / Daniel J. Kaser, Maria Assens, and Catherine Racowsky -- 17. ICSI Is a Revolutionary Treatment of Male Infertility That Should Be Employed Discriminately and Further Studied / Douglas T. Carrell -- 18. The Need for Long-Term Follow-Up of Children Conceived Through ICSI / Rachel Weinerman, Kurt T. Barnhart, and Suleena Kansal Kalra -- 19. Popularity of ICSI / Gianpiero D. Palermo, Queenie V. Neri, Trina Fields and Zev Rosenwaks -- Part V: Clinical Research Design -- Cohort Designs: Critical Considerations for Reproductive Health.
- Biologie und Epidemiologie der Hormonersatztherapie Diskussionen zur postmenopausalen Gesundheit = Biology and epidemiology of hormone replacement therapy : discussions on post-menopausal health 2006, SpringerIntroduction to the presentations / M.A. Lewis -- Zwischen Biologie und Kultur-das HRT-Dilemma: women between biology and civilization / A. Teichmann -- Probleme des Verantwortungsbegriffs im Spannungsfeld von Pharmaforschung and ärztlichem Handeln: issues with the term "responsibility" / H. Poser -- Epidemiology of selected diseases in women / L. Heinemann -- Pathogenesis of histological types of endometrial cancer / L.-C. Horn -- HRT und Karzinome des Ovars und Kolon: pathology of the colon and ovary / M. Dietel -- The progenitor cell concept of proliferative breast disease / W. Böcker -- Indication for HRT: climacteric complaints and osteoporosis / H.P.G. Schneider -- Hormonersatztherapie und kardiovaskuläre Erkrankungen: HRT and cardiovascular disease in women / E. Windler -- The million women study / O. Lidegaard -- Paradigm shift in causal thinking in epidemiology / S. Shapiro -- Rezeption und Kommunikation von Risiken: perception and communication of risk / K. Heilmann -- Some thoughts after the Kloster Andechs Workshop, August 2003 / U. Karck -- Menopause and the HRT risk-benefit equation: status and outlook -- Workshop consensus: the state of the evidence.
- Biomarkers in breast cancer molecular diagnostics for predicting and monitoring therapeutic effect 2006, SpringerGuidelines for the design of clinical studies for the development and validation of therapeutically relevant biomarkers and biomarker-based classification systems / Richard M. Simon -- Analytical aspects of biomarker immunoassays in cancer research / C. G. J. (Fred) Sweep, Chris M. G. Thomas and Manfred Schmitt -- Tissue microarrays: state-of-the-art, pitfalls, and promises / Chungyeul Kim and Soonmyung Paik -- Gene expression profiling with DNA microarrays / Michele De Bortoli and Nicoletta Biglia -- Assays for gene amplification / Chungyeul Kim, Yongkuk Song, and Soonmyung Paik -- Cell kinetics / Maria Grazia Daidone, Rosella Silvestrini, and Dino Amadori -- Urokinase-type plasminogen activator and PAI-1 / Michael J. Duffy -- Predictive value of c-erbb-2 for endocrine therapy and chemotherapy in breast cancer / Vered Stearns -- Erb-b-2 as a therapeutic target / Robert Mass -- The epidermal growth factor receptor pathway as a selective -- Molecular-targeting treatment in human breast cancer / Fortunato Ciardiello, Teresa Troiani, and Giampaolo Tortora -- P-53 as a prognostic and predictive indicator / Daniela Kandioler and Raimund Jakesz -- Occult metastatic cells in breast cancer patients / Stephan Braun, Julia Seeber, and Christian Marth -- Circulating HER-2/neu / Allan Lipton ... [et al.] -- Circulating vascular endothelial growth factor / Roberta Sarmiento ... [et al] -- Detection of early tumor dissemination in patients with breast cancer / Debra Hawes and Richard J. Cote -- New technologies/new markers/new challenges / Daniel F. Hayes and Giampietro Gasparini -- Index.
- Bladder pain syndrome a guide for clinicians 2013, SpringerHistorical Perspective / Philip M. Hanno M.D., M.P.H. -- Epidemiology / Mirja Ruutu M.D., Ph.D., F.E.B.U., Mikael Leppilahti MD, PhD -- Diagnostic Criteria, Classification and Nomenclature for Bladder Pain Syndrome / Joop P. van de Merwe MD, PhD, Jørgen Nordling MD, Dr.med.Sci, FEBU -- Part I: Pathophysiology -- Clinical Pathophysiology and Molecular Biology of the Urothelium and the GAG Layer / Gianfranco Tajana, Mauro Cervigni -- Mast Cell and Bladder Pain Syndrome / Kirsten Bouchelouche M.D., D.M.Sc., Pierre Bouchelouche M.D. -- Neurophysiology of Pelvic Pain Mechanisms / Jean-Jacques Wyndaele M.D., D.Sci., Ph.D., Silvia Malaguti M.D. -- Syndromes Associated with Bladder Pain Syndrome as Clues to its Pathogenesis / John W. Warren M.D., Joop P. van de Merwe M.D., Ph.D. -- Part II: Clinical Presentations -- Bladder Pain Syndrome: Clinical Presentation / John Hughes M.B.B.S., F.R.C.A., F.F.P.M.R.C.A. -- Pelvic Floor Dysfunction in Bladder Pain Syndrome / Mauro Cervigni M.D., Franca Natale M.D. -- Psychosocial Risk Factors and Patient Outcomes for Bladder Pain Syndrome / Dean A. Tripp Ph.D., J. Curtis Nickel M.D., F.R.C.S.C. -- Bladder Pain Syndrome and Sexuality / Jennifer Yonaitis Fariello M.S.N., C.R.N.P., Kristene E. Whitmore M.D. -- Part III: Diagnosis -- Symptoms of Bladder Pain Syndrome / John W. Warren M.D., Philip M. Hanno M.D., M.P.H. -- Clinical Evaluation and Diagnosis of Bladder Pain Syndrome / Jennifer Yonaitis Fariello M.S.N., C.R.N.P., Kristene E. Whitmore M.D. -- Urine Biomarkers and Bladder Pain Syndrome / Pierre Bouchelouche M.D., Kirsten Bouchelouche M.D., DMSc. -- Cystoscopy and Hydrodistension in the Diagnosis of Bladder Pain Syndrome / Andrey Zaytsev M.D., Ph.D., Magnus Fall M.D., Ph.D. -- Biopsy Retrieval, Tissue Handling, Morphology, and Histopathological Characteristics / Christina Kåbjörn-Gustafsson, Ralph Peeker -- Urodynamics in BPS / Paul P. Irwin M.Ch., F.R.C.S.I(Urol), Claus Riedl M.D. -- Complementary and Alternative Medical Treatments of Bladder Pain Syndrome / Z. Chad Baxter M.D., Helen R. Levey D.O., M.P.H. -- Diet and Its Role in Bladder Pain Syndrome and Comorbid Conditions / Justin I. Friedlander, Barbara Shorter, Robert M. Moldwin -- Physiotherapy / Amy Rejba Hoffmann M.S.N., Hina M. Sheth M.S., P.T., O.C.S., M.T.C. -- Oral Therapy for Bladder Pain Syndrome Directed at the Bladder / Philip M. Hanno M.D., M.P.H. -- Pain Treatment in Bladder Pain Syndrome / John Hughes M.B.B.S., F.R.C.A., F.F.P.M.R.C.A., Salma Mohammed M.B.B.S., F.R.C.A. -- Intravesical Therapy / Mauro Cervigni M.D., Arndt van Ophoven M.D., Ph.D. -- Hydrodistention, Transurethral Resection and Other Ablative Techniques in the Treatment of Bladder Pain Syndrome / Magnus Fall M.D., Ph.D., Jørgen Nordling M.D., Dr. Med. Sci., F.E.B.U., Ralph Peeker -- Botulinum Toxin Treatment in Bladder Pain Syndrome / Paul P. Irwin M.Ch., F.R.C.S.I. (Urol), Paulo Dinis Oliveria M.D., Ph.D. -- Neurostimulation for Bladder Pain Syndrome / Dominique El-Khawand M.D., Kristene E. Whitmore -- Bladder Augmentation, Urinary Diversion and Cystectomy in Patients with Bladder Pain Syndrome / Jørgen Nordling, Magnus Fall, Ralph Peeker -- Part V: Patient Perspective -- A Patient Perspective / Jane M. Meijlink BA Hons -- Exploratory Research on the Social Costs and Care for Patients with Bladder Pain Syndrome / Loredana Nasta, Simone Montagnoli, Maria Avolio.
- Blaustein's Pathology of the female genital tract. 6th ed. 2011, Springer
- Bleeding during pregnancy a comprehensive guide 2011, SpringerClinical Approach to Pregnancy-Related Bleeding -- Early Pregnancy Loss -- Ectopic Pregnancy -- Vaginal Bleeding and Gestational Trophoblastic Disease -- Gynecological Cancer During Pregnancy -- Vaginal Bleeding and Preterm Delivery -- Placental Abruption -- Placenta Previa and Placenta Accreta -- Vasa Previa -- Uterine Rupture -- Postpartum Hemorrhage -- Coagulopathy and Pregnancy -- Anesthesia and Intensive Care Management of Bleeding During Pregnancy.
- Burden of Breast and Gynecological Cancers in Low-Resource Countries -- Breast Cancer: Pathology, Cytology, and Core Needle Biopsy Methods for Diagnosis -- Gynecological Cancers: Pathology and Cytological Methods for Diagnosis of Gynecological Cancers -- Screening and Early Diagnosis of Breast Cancer: Proven Methodology and an Optimized Strategy for Developing Countries -- HPV and Cervical Cancer -- Screening for Cervical Cancer in Low-Resource Countries -- Ovarian Cancer Screening and Early Detection in Low- and Middle-Income Countries -- Endometrial Cancer: Risk Factors and Early Diagnosis in Low-Resource Countries -- Breast and Gynecologic Cancer Prevention in Low-Resource Countries -- Combined Screening for Breast and Gynecological Cancers Using Mobile Clinics: The Barretos Experience (Brazil) -- Cost-Effectiveness of Screening for and Early Diagnosis of Breast and Gynecological Cancers in Low-Income Countries -- Challenges for Breast and Gynecological Cancer Control by Early Detection in Less-Developed Countries -- Funding for Global Healthcare Intervention: Initiatives Aimed at Controlling Cancer in Women in Low-Resource Countries -- Coordinated Training on Early Detection and Diagnosis of Breast Cancer Across Different Levels of Health Workers: An Example from Peru -- Telemedicine in Cancer Control Programs in Developing Countries -- Breast Cancer Screening and Cervical Cancer Prevention in Developing Countries: Strategies for the Future -- Well Woman Clinic Concept: An Integrated Approach for Screening and Early Diagnosis of Breast and Gynecological Cancers in Developing Countries.
- Breast cancer risk reduction and early detection 2010, SpringerPart I. Prevention -- Risk Factors / Polly A. Newcomb and Karen J. Wernli -- Lifestyle Factors and Risk of Breast Cancer: A Review of Randomized Trial Findings / Garnet L. Anderson -- Breast Cancer Chemoprevention / Mary B. Daly -- Surgical Management of Inherited Susceptibility to Breast Cancer / Francis Freisinger and Susan M. Domchek -- Part II. Early Detection -- Clinical Breast Examination and Breast Self-Examination / William H. Goodson -- Mammography / Barbara C. Cavanaugh and Sorcha McNally -- Current Status and Future Prospects in Breast Carcinoma of Positron Emission Tomography / Sandip Basu, Joshua I. Rosenbaum and Abass Alavi -- Breast MRI / Barbara C. Cavanaugh and Sorcha McNally -- Genetic and Molecular Approaches to Imaging Breast Cancer / Eric Wickstrom and Mathew L. Thakur -- Intraductal Approaches: Nipple Aspirate Fluid to Assist in Breast Cancer Detection / Edward R. Sauter -- Intraductal Approaches: Mammary Ductoscopy and Ductal Lavage to Assist in the Diagnosis of Breast Cancer / William C. Dooley -- Blood Markers / Mark W. Duncan -- Circulating Tumor Cells in Breast Cancer / Michail Ignatiadis and Dimitris Mavroudis.
- The volume raises attention to the need of a completely new approach to breast cancer based on the knowledge collected on early breast cancer in the past two decades. The chapters are contributed by experts of all the fields participating in the clinical research and care of breast cancer. The practical importance of such a book is underlined by the increasing number of breast cancer cases, and also the increasing proportion of early stage-cases. The ultimate goal of the book is to point to the heterogeneous nature of the disease which is more striking and has more importance in care at the very early stages than at the more advanced stages. The book recommends the utilisation of all the information provided by multimodality imaging and special pathological methods, a new classification system and therapeutic guidelines since early breast cancers should not be treated based on experience obtained with palpable tumors. No similar book has been yet released to the market. The book is written for all the members of the team participating in the diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer (radiologists, pathologists, surgeons, clinical and radiation oncologists), but may be useful for medical students and residents too. The chapters are illustrated with didactic pictures, and special emphasis is given to provide a peep into the practice of the special procedures for the careful examination and individualized therapy of each case.
- Breast cancer-- a Lobar disease 2011, SpringerThe theory of the sick lobe states that breast carcinoma is a lobar disease developing most often within a single lobe, meaning that, at an early stage, breast carcinoma occupies a limited, anatomically well-defined portion of the breast. This theory unites observed patterns from the genetic, developmental and morphological perspectives, into an overall concept. "Breast Cancer: A Lobar Disease," presents this hypothesis and its consequences. The body of evidence, pro and contra, generated in recent years will be presented in this volume. The chapters, all authored by leading experts.
- Breast MRI diagnosis and intervention 2005, Springer
- Breast ultrasound 2013, SpringerDiagnosis of breast cancer: modern aspects -- Technique of breast ultrasound -- Ultrasound of the normal breast -- Ultrasound diagnosis of breast cancer -- Classification of breast masses -- Ultrasound features of different types of breast cancer -- Differential diagnosis of breast diseases -- Age-related changes in breast structure: breast ultrasound in children and adolescents -- Breast pathology in men -- Ultrasound examination of regional lymph nodes -- Ultrasound examination after breast surgery -- Recurrent breast cancer.
- Cancer and pregnancy 2008, Springer
- Cardiac drugs in pregnancy 2014, SpringerIn the western world, the risk of cardiovascular disease in pregnancy has grown due to the increasing age at the first pregnancy and the worldwide obesity epidemic leading to early diabetes and hypertension. As a result more women are requiring drug therapy during pregnancy and some data has shown an altered pharmacodynamic profile in pregnant women when compared to the non-pregnant population. Cardiac Drugs in Pregnancy presents up-to-date research for the treatment of cardiovascular disease during pregnancy, and discusses the most important indications of drug usage in pregnancy and postpartum. The book aims to assess the potential risk of drugs and their possible benefit against each other, making it an essential read for a wide range of health professionals involved in cardiac drug therapy in pregnancy.
- Caring for children born small for gestational age 2013, SpringerCare for Children Born Small for Gestational Age is a comprehensive handbook that serves to synthesize the extensive recent literature in the area to provide a practical resource aimed at a wide range of healthcare professionals, including obstetricians, midwives, neonatologists, and primary care physicians. This comprehensive handbook includes an in-depth survey of the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and long-term monitoring of children born small for gestational age, as well as related conditions such as intrauterine growth restriction, metabolic syndrome and type 2 diabetes. Additionally, the short and long-term psychiatric and social consequences of this condition are addressed.
- Chesley's Hypertensive disorders in pregnancy. 3rd ed. 2009, ScienceDirectIntroduction, history, controversies, and definitions / Marshall D. Lindheimer ... [et al.] -- The clinical spectrum of preeclampsia / F. Gary Cunningham, James M. Roberts and Marshall D. Lindheimer -- Epidemiology of pregnancy-related hypertension / Roberta B. Ness and James M. Roberts -- Genetic factors in the etiology of preeclampsia/eclampsia / Kenneth Ward and Marshall D. Lindheimer -- The placenta in normal pregnancy and preeclampsia / Susan J. Fisher, Michael McMaster and James M. Roberts -- Angiogenesis and preeclampsia / S. Ananth Karumanchi, Isaac E. Stillman and Marshall D. Lindheimer -- Metabolic syndrome and preeclampsia / Carl A. Hubel and James M. Roberts -- Immunology of normal pregnancy and preeclampsia / Christopher W.G. Redman, Ian L. Sargent, and James M. Roberts -- Endothelial cell dysfunction and oxidative stress / Robert N. Taylor, Sandra T. Davidge and James M. Roberts -- Animal models / Rocco C. Venuto and Marshall D. Lindheimer -- Tests to predict preeclampsia / Agustin Conde-Agudelo, Roberto Romero and Marshall D. Lindheimer --Prevention of preeclampsia and eclampsia / Baha M. Sibai and F. Gary Cunningham -- Cerebrovascular (patho)physiology in preeclampsia/eclampsia / Gerda G. Zeeman, Marilyn J. Cipolla and F. Gary Cunningham -- Cardiovascular alterations in normal and preeclamptic pregnancy / Judith U. Hibbard, Sanjeev G. Shroff and Marshall D. Lindheimer -- Normal and abnormal volume homeostasis / Friedrich C. Luft, Eileen D.M. Gallery and Marshall D. Lindheimer -- Agonistic autoantibody-mediated disease / Ralf Dechend, Friedrich C. Luft and Marshall D. Lindheimer -- The kidney in normal pregnancy and preeclampsia / Kirk P. Conrad, Lillian W. Gaber and Marshall D. Lindheimer -- Platelets, coagulation, and the liver / Louise Kenny, Philip N. Baker and F. Gary Cunningham -- Chronic hypertension and pregnancy / Phyllis August and Marshall D. Lindheimer -- Antihypertensive treatment / Jason G. Umans, Edgardo J. Abalos and Marshall D. Lindheimer -- Management / Kenneth J. Leveno and F. Gary Cunningham.
- From basic science to various anesthesia techniques to complications, the meticulously updated, fifth edition of Chestnut's Obstetric Anesthesia: Principles and Practice, covers all you need to know about obstetric anesthesia. An editorial team of leading authorities presents the latest on anesthesia techniques for labor and delivery and medical disorders that occur during pregnancy. New chapters and rewritten versions of key chapters cover topics such as psychiatric disorders in the pregnant patient, neurologic disorders, and critical care of obstetric patients. With online access to the full text, it is an invaluable, comprehensive reference textbook for specialists in obstetric anesthesiology and obstetricians, as well as anesthesiology and obstetric residents. This book also serves as a clear, user-friendly guide for both anesthesiologists and obstetricians who are in clinical practice. Emphasizes the treatment of the fetus and the mother as separate patients with distinct needs to ensure the application of modern principles of care. Delivers contributions from many leaders in the fields of obstetric anesthesia and maternal-fetal medicine from all over the world. Offers abundant figures, tables, and boxes that illustrate the step-by-step management of a full range of clinical scenarios. Presents key point summaries in each chapter for quick, convenient reference.
- Print Material
- Molecular biology for clinicians -- Hormone biosynthesis, metabolism, and mechanism of action -- The ovary-embryology and development -- The uterus -- Neuroendocrinology -- Regulation of the menstrual cycle -- Sperm and egg transport, fertilization, and implantation -- The endocrinology of pregnancy -- Normal and abnormal sexual development -- Normal and abnormal growth and pubertal development -- Amenorrhea -- Chronic anovulation and the polycystic ovary syndrome -- Hirsutism -- Menstrual disorders -- Abnormal uterine bleeding -- The breast -- Menopause and the perimenopausal transition -- Postmenopausal hormone therapy -- Obesity -- Reproduction and the thyroid -- Family planning, sterilization, and abortion -- Oral contraception -- Vaginal and transdermal estrogen-progestin contraception -- Long-acting methods of contraception -- Intrauterine contraception -- Barrier methods of contraception and withdrawal -- Female infertility -- Recurrent early pregnancy loss -- Endometriosis -- Male infertility -- Induction of ovulation -- Assisted reproductive technologies -- Ectopic pregnancy -- Appendix-I: Interpreting epidemiologic reports -- Appendix-II: Selected laboratory values and the international system of units (SI Units).
- Clinical gynecologic oncology. 8th ed. 2012, ScienceDirectPreinvasive disease of the cervix /William T. Creasman --Preinvasive disease of the vagina and vulva and related disorders /Joan L. Walker and Cara A. Mathews --Invasive cervical cancer /Krishnansu S. Tewari and Bradley J. Monk --Endometrial hyperplasia, estrogen therapy, and the prevention of endometrial cancer /Lisa M. Landrum, Rosemary E. Zuna, and Joan L. Walker --Adenocarcinoma of the uterine corpus /William T. Creasman and David Scott Miller --Sarcoma of the uterus /D. Scott McMeekin --Gestational trophoblastic disease /Emily M. Ko and John T. Soper --Invasive cancer of the vulva /Jeanne M. Schilder and Frederick B. Stehman --Invasive cancer of the vagina /Brian M. Slomovitz and Robert L. Coleman --The adnexal mass /D. Scott McMeekin, Robert Mannel, and Philip J. Disaia --Epithelial ovarian cancer /Eric L. Eisenhauer, Ritu Salani, and Larry J. Copeland --Germ cell, stromal, and other ovarian tumors /Michael A. Bidus, John C. Elkas, and G. Scott Rose --Fallopian tube cancer /Michael A. Bidus, G. Larry Maxwell, and G. Scott Rose --Breast diseases /Mary L. Gemignani --Cancer in pregnancy /Krishnansu S. Tewari --Complications of disease and therapy /Daniel L. Clarke-Pearson --Basic principles of chemotherapy /Christina S. Chu and Stephen C. Rubin --Targeted therapy and molecular genetics /Shannon N. Westin, Anil K. Sood, and Robert L. Coleman --Genes and cancer : genetic counseling and clinical management /David G. Mutch and Philip J. DiSaia --Palliative care and quality of life /Dana M Chase ... [et al.] --Role of minimally invasive surgery in gynecologic malignancies /Jeffrey M. Fowler, David E. Cohn, and Robert S. Mannel --Epidemiology of commonly used statistical terms and analysis of clinical studies /Wendy R. Brewster --Basic principles in gynecologic radiotherapy /Catheryn M. Yashar.
- Clinical management of vulvodynia tips and tricks 2011, SpringerEpidemiology of Vulvar Pain and its Sexual Comorbidities -- Vulvodynia -- What's Behind the Name? -- Vulvodynia and Dyspareunia -- How Should they be Addressed? -- Postpartum Dyspareunia and Vulvodynia -- What Women with Vulvodynia Complain of: Evaluation of Vulvar Pain -- How Vulvodynia Originates: the Pathophysiology of Vulvar Pain -- How to Make a Comprehensive Diagnosis of Vulvodynia and its Comorbidities -- How to Treat Vulvodynia.
- Clinical reproductive medicine and surgery 2007, ClinicalKeyOffers detailed discussion on both the medical and surgical management of reproductive disorders, as well as coverage of associated imaging modalities. Included are chapters on Reproductive Genetics, Management of Endometriosis (including interventional radiology), Ultrasonography and Sonohysterography, Preservation of Fertility, and Recurrent Pregnancy Loss.
- Color atlas of histopathology of the cervix uteri. 2nd ed. 2006, Springer
- Chapter 1: Epidemiology applied to colposcopy / Mark Schifman, Jose Jeronimo -- Chapter 2: Human papillomaviruses and mechanisms of oncogenesis / Ann Roman, Helena Spartz, Darron R. Brown -- Chapter 3: Human papillomavirus vaccine / Stanley A. Gall -- 4: Cytology -- 4.1 Terminology in cervical cytology: the Bethesda System / Diane Davis Davey -- 4.2 Conventional cytology / Peter A. Drew, Edward J. Wilkinson -- 4.3 Thin-Layer, liquid-based cytology / Juan Felix -- Chapter 5: Adjunctive testing -- 5.1 Human papillomavirus testing / Attila T. Lorincz -- 5.2 Cervical screening with In vivo and in vitro modalities: speculoscopy combined with cytology / Neal M. Lonky -- Chapter 6: Principles and technique of the colposcopic exam / Barbara S. Apgar, Georgory L. Brotzman, Mary M. Rubin -- Chapter 7: Normal transformation zone / Denis M. O'Connor -- Chapter 8: Angiogenesis of cervical neoplasia / Adolf Stafl -- Chapter 9: Abnormal transformation zone / Georgory L Brotzman, Barbara S. Apgar -- Chapter 10: Colposcopic assessment systems -- 10.1 Rubin and Barbo colposcopic assessment system / Mary M. Rubin, Dorothy M. Barbo -- 10.2 Reids colposcopic index / Richard I. Reid -- Chapter 11: Atypical squamous cells / Thomas C. Wright, Jr. -- Chapter 12: Low-grade squamous intraepithelial lesions / Alan G. Waxman -- Chapter 13: High-grade squamous intraepithelial lesions / L. Stuart Massad -- Chapter 14: Squamous cervical cancer / R. Kevin Reynolds -- Chapter 15: Cervical glandular disease: adenocarcinoma in situ and adenocarcinoma / V. Cecil Wright -- Chapter 16: Vagina: normal, premalignant, and malignant / Barbara S. Apgar, Gregory L. Brotzman -- Chapter 17: Non-neoplastic epithelial lesions of the vulva /Lynette J. Margesson -- Chapter 18: Vulvar intraepithelial neoplasia / Alex Ferenczy -- Chapter 19: External genital condyloma / Alex Ferenczy -- Chapter 20: Lower genital tract changes associated with in utero exposure to diethylstilbestrol / Raymond H. Kaufman -- Chapter 21: Colposcopy in pregnancy / David G. Weismiller -- Chapter 22: Human papillomavirus infections in adolescents / Anna-Barbara Moscicki -- Chapter 23: Anal disease / Teresa M. Darragh, J. Michael Berry, Naomi Jay. Joel M. Palefsky -- Chapter 24: Androscopy: examination of the male partner / John L. Pfenninger -- Chapter 25: Psychosocial aspects of colposcopy / Dennis J. Butler, Gregory L. Brotzman -- Chapter 26: Practical therapeutic options for treatment of cervical intraepithelial neoplasia / Mark Spitzer, Gregory L. Brotzman, Barbara S. Apgar -- Chapter 27: Colposcopy: pitfalls and tricks of the trade / Mark Spitzer.
- Combined estrogen-progestogen contraceptives and combined estrogen-progestogen menopausal therapy 2007, IARC
- Complications in gynecological surgery 2008, Springer
- Complications of Female Incontinence and Pelvic Reconstructive Surgery reviews the prevention, evaluation and management of complications arising from female pelvic surgery. Potential complications of both routine and specialized female pelvic procedures such as transvaginal slings, cystocele and rectocele repairs, urethral diverticulectomy, and transvaginal mesh repairs are reviewed. The chapters are divided by procedure allowing the reader to easily find what they are looking for. Images and figures of methods of evaluation and repair of these complications are included throughout. The volume is organized based on the specific types of surgeries performed and the user is able to look up the type of surgery performed and immediately find all of the potential complications and their treatments. This text will serve as a comprehensive guide and reference allowing the surgeon quick and ready access to information about the complications of female pelvic surgery.
- Comprehensive gynecology. 6th ed. 2013, MD ConsultBasic science -- Fertilization and embryogenesis: meiosis, fertilization, implantation, embryonic development, sexual differentiation -- Reproductive genetics: gene structure, mutation, molecular tools, types of inheritance, counseling issues, oncogenes -- Reproductive anatomy: gross and microscopic, clinical correlations -- Reproductive endocrinology: neuroendocrinology, gonadotropins, sex steroids, prostaglandins, ovulation, menstruation, hormone assay -- Evidence-based medicine and clinical epidemiology -- Medical-legal risk management -- Comprehensive evaluation of the female -- History, physical examination, and preventive health care: general, gynecologic, and psychosocial history and examination, health care maintenance, disease prevention -- The interaction of medical diseases and female physiology -- Emotional aspects of gynecology: depression, anxiety, PTSD, eating disorders, substance abuse, "difficult" patients, sexual function, rape, intimate partner violence, and grief -- Endoscopy: hysteroscopy and laparoscopy: indications, contraindications and complications -- General gynecology -- Congenital abnormalities of the female reproductive tract: anomalies of the vagina, cervix, uterus, and adnexa -- Pediatric and adolescent gynecology: gynecologic examination, infections, trauma, pelvic mass, precocious puberty -- Family planning: contraception, sterilization, and pregnancy termination -- Menopause and care of the mature woman: endocrinology, consequences of estrogen deficiency, effects of hormone replacement therapy, and treatment regimens -- Breast diseases: diagnosis and treatment of benign and malignant disease -- Spontaneous and recurrent abortion: etiology, diagnosis, treatment -- Ectopic pregnancy: etiology, pathology, diagnosis, management, fertility prognosis -- Benign gynecologic lesions: vulva, vagina, cervix, uterus, oviduct, ovary, ultrasound imaging of pelvic structures -- Endometriosis: etiology, pathology, diagnosis, management -- Anatomic defects of the abdominal wall and pelvic floor: abdominal and inguinal hernias, cystocele, urethrocele, enterocele, rectocele, uterine and vaginal prolapse: diagnosis and management -- Urogynecology: physiology of micturition, voiding dysfunction, urinary incontinence, urinary tract infections, and painful bladder syndrome -- Anal incontinence: diagnosis and management -- Infections of the lower and upper genital tracts: vulva, vagina, cervix, toxic shock syndrome, endometritis, and salpingitis -- Preoperative counseling and management: woman evaluation, informed consent, infection prophylaxis, and avoidance of complications -- Postoperative counseling and management: fever, respiratory, cardiovascular, thromboembolic, urinary tract, gastrointestinal, wound, and operative site complications; neurologic injury; psychological sequelae --Gynecologic oncology -- Molecular oncology in gynecologic cancer: immunologic response, cytokines, oncogenes, and tumor suppressor genes -- Principles of radiation therapy and chemotherapy in gynecologic cancer: basic principles, uses, and complications -- Intraepithelial neoplasia of the lower genital tract (cervix, vulva): etiology, screening, diagnostic techniques, management -- Malignant diseases of the cervix: microinvasive and invasive carcinoma: diagnosis and management -- Neoplastic diseases of the vulva: lichen sclerosus, intraepithelial neoplasia, Paget's disease, and carcinoma -- Malignant diseases of the vagina: intraepithelial neoplasia, carcinoma, sarcoma -- Neoplastic diseases of the uterus: endometrial hyperplasia, endometrial carcinoma, and sarcoma: diagnosis and management -- Neoplastic diseases of the ovary: screening, benign and malignant epithelial and germ cell neoplasms, sex-cord stromal tumors -- Fallopian tube and primary peritoneal cancer: causes, diagnosis, natural history, and treatment -- Gestational trophoblastic disease: hydatidiform mole, nonmetastatic and metastatic gestational trophoblastic tumor: diagnosis and management -- Reproductive endocrinology and infertility -- Primary and secondary dysmenorrhea, premenstrual syndrome, and premenstrual dysphoric disorder: etiology, diagnosis, management -- Abnormal uterine bleeding: ovulatory and anovulatory dysfunctional uterine bleeding: management of acute and chronic excessive bleeding -- Primary and secondary amenorrhea and precocious puberty: etiology, diagnostic evaluation, management -- Hyperprolactinemia, galactorrhea, and pituitary adenomas: etiology, differential diagnosis, natural history, management -- Hyperandrogenism: physiology, etiology, differential diagnosis, management -- Infertility: etiology, diagnostic evaluation, management, prognosis.
- Congenital abnormalities and preterm birth related to maternal illnesses during pregnancy 2010, SpringerThe Hungarian congenital abnormality registry (HCAR) -- Certain infectious and parasitic diseases -- Neoplasms -- Diseases of the blood and blood-forming organs -- Endocrine, nutritional and metabolic diseases -- Mental and behavioural disorders -- Diseases of the nervous system -- Diseases of the eye and adnexa -- Diseases of the ear and the mastoid process -- Diseases of the circulatory system -- Diseases of the respiratory system -- Diseases of the digestive system -- Diseases of the skin and subcutaneous tissue -- Diseases of the musculoskeletal system and connective tissue -- Diseases of the urinary tract -- Diseases of the genital organs -- Pregnancy, childbirth, and the puerperium -- Congenital malformations, deformations, and chromosomal abnormalities -- Association of maternal diseases during pregnancy with higher risk of congenital abnormalities (CAs) in their children -- Associations of maternal diseases with higher risk for preterm birth (PB) and low birth weight (LBW) newborns.
- Controversies in the management of gynecological cancers 2014, SpringerGynecological cancers are some of the most commonly occurring malignancies in women. Despite their high incidence, treatment and management of these cancers remain controversial, with conflicting evidence about many aspects of the disease. Controversies in the Management of Gynecological Cancers offers a unique assessment of the opposing sides of the controversial issues associated with gynecological cancers, and aims to provide professionals in the field with a keener sense of the underlying evidence-base and a starting point from which to follow the ongoing debate. A section on the direction of future research to resolve these issues completes the discussion in each chapter. This book will appeal to specialists, trainees and healthcare workers in gynecological oncology, gynecologists, medical oncologists and radiation oncologists, and is an excellent starting point for anyone who wishes to gain a better understanding of the complex nature of the management of gynecological malignancy.
- Creasy and Resnik's Maternal-fetal medicine principles and practice. Seventh edition. [7th ed.] 2014, ClinicalKeyHuman Basic Genetics and Patterns of Inheritance -- Normal Early Development -- Amniotic Fluid Dynamics -- Multiple Gestation: The Biology of Twinning -- Biology of Parturition -- Immunology of Pregnancy -- Maternal Cardiovascular, Respiratory, and Renal Adaptation to Pregnancy -- Endocrinology of Pregnancy -- The Breast and the Physiology of Lactation -- Maternal Nutrition -- Developmental Origins of Health and Disease -- Fetal Cardiovascular Physiology -- Behavioral States in the Fetus: Relationship to Fetal Health and Development -- Placental Respiratory Gas Exchange and Fetal Oxygenation -- Fetal Lung Development and Surfactant -- Evidence-Based Practice in Perinatal Medicine -- Performing and Documenting the Fetal Anatomy Ultrasound Examination -- Doppler Ultrasound: Select Fetal and Maternal Applications -- Clinical Applications of Three-Dimensional Sonography in Obstetrics -- Central Nervous System Imaging Cephalocele -- Imaging of the Face and Neck Cleft Lip and Palate -- Thoracic Imaging -- Fetal Cardiac Malformations and Arrhythmias: Detection, Diagnosis, Management, and Prognosis -- Abdominal Imaging -- Urogenital Imaging -- Skeletal Imaging -- Placenta and Umbilical Cord Imaging Marginal and Velamentous Umbilical Cord Insertion -- Uterus and Adnexae Imaging Adnexal Mass, Complex and Simple -- First-Trimester Imaging -- Prenatal Diagnosis of Congenital Disorders -- Teratogenesis and Environmental Exposure -- Assessment of Fetal Health -- Intrapartum Fetal Surveillance -- Assessment and Induction of Fetal Pulmonary Maturity -- Invasive Fetal Therapy -- Hemolytic Disease of the Fetus and Newborn -- Nonimmune Hydrops -- Multiple Gestation: Clinical Characteristics and Management -- Pathogenesis of Spontaneous Preterm Birth -- Preterm Labor and Birth -- Cervical Insufficiency -- Premature Rupture of the Membranes -- Clinical Aspects of Normal and Abnormal Labor -- Recurrent Pregnancy Loss -- Stillbirth -- Placenta Previa, Placenta Accreta, Abruptio Placentae, and Vasa Previa -- Intrauterine Growth Restriction -- Pregnancy-Related Hypertension -- Patient Safety in Obstetrics -- Maternal Mortality -- Maternal and Fetal Infections -- Cardiac Diseases -- Coagulation Disorders in Pregnancy -- Thromboembolic Disease in Pregnancy -- Anemia and Pregnancy -- Malignancy and Pregnancy -- Renal Disorders -- Respiratory Diseases in Pregnancy -- Diabetes in Pregnancy -- Thyroid Disease and Pregnancy -- Other Endocrine Disorders of Pregnancy -- Gastrointestinal Disease in Pregnancy -- Diseases of the Liver, Biliary System, and Pancreas -- Pregnancy and Rheumatic Diseases -- Neurologic Disorders -- Management of Depression and Psychoses in Pregnancy and in the Puerperium -- Substance Abuse in Pregnancy -- The Skin and Pregnancy -- Benign Gynecologic Conditions in Pregnancy -- Anesthesia Considerations for Complicated Pregnancies -- Intensive Care Considerations for the Critically Ill Parturient -- Neonatal Morbidities of Prenatal and Perinatal Origin.
- Current diagnosis & treatment, obstetrics & gynecology 2013 (11th ed.)., AccessMedicine
- Cytology and surgical pathology of gynecologic neoplasms 2011, SpringerNormal histology of female genital organs -- Lesions of the vulva and vagina -- Squamous lesions of the cervix -- Glandular lesions of the cervix -- Human papillomavirus for cervical pathology -- Endometrial epithelial neoplasms -- Nonepithelial tumors of uterine corpus -- Gestational trophoblastic disease -- Tumors of fallopian tube and broad ligament -- Epithelial neoplasms of ovary -- Nonepithelial tumor of ovary -- Tumors of peritoneum.
- Prenatal care / Vern L. Katz -- Normal labor, delivery, newborn care, and puerperium / Kirsten J. Lund and James McManaman -- Obstetric analgesia and anesthesia / Joy L. Hawkins -- Early pregnancy loss / T. Flint Porter, D. Ware Branch, and James R. Scott -- Ectopic pregnancy / Beata E. Seeber and Kurt T. Barnhart -- Genetics in obstetrics and gynecology / Kenneth Ward -- Prenatal diagnosis / Lorraine Dugoff -- Drugs in pregnancy / Jerome Yankowitz -- Ultrasound in obstetrics / Santosh Pandipati and John C. Hobbins -- Assessment of fetal well-being / Catherine Y. Spong -- Preterm labor and post-term delivery / J. Chris Carey and Ronald S. Gibbs -- Premature rupture of the membranes / Ronald S. Gibbs -- Intrauterine growth restriction / Bronwen F. Kahn, John C. Hobbins, and Henry L. Galan -- Multiple gestation / Roger B. Newman and Charles Rittenberg -- Diabetes mellitus and pregnancy / E. Albert Reece and Carol J. Homko -- Hypertensive disorders of pregnancy / Mounira Habli and Baha M. Sibai -- Medical and surgical complications of pregnancy / Deborah Krakow -- Immunologic disorders in pregnancy / D. Ware Branch, Robert M. Silver, and Kjersti Aagaard-Tillery -- Obstetric and perinatal infections / Jill K. Davies and Ronald S. Gibbs -- Human immunodeficiency virus / Howard Minkoff -- Placenta previa and abruption / Helen H. Kay -- Breech, other malpresentations, and umbilical cord complications / Timothy E. Klatt and Dwight P. Cruikshank -- Stillbirth and intrauterine fetal demise / Robert M. Silver -- Complications of labor / Donald J. Dudley -- Complications of delivery / Larry C. Gilstrap and Edward R. Yeomans -- Operative vaginal delivery / James A. Bofill and James N. Martin, Jr. -- Cesarean delivery / James R. Scott and T. Flint Porter -- Psychologic disorders of pregnancy and the postpartum period / Michael W. O'Hara and Lisa S. Segre -- Office gynecology and surgical procedures / Marian D. Damewood, William R. Keye, Jr., and Charles C. Coddington III -- Gynecologic ultrasound / Mika Thomas and Bradley J. Van Voorhis -- Pediatric and adolescent gynecology / Ann J. Davis -- Contraception / Lisa Memmel and Melissa Gilliam -- Induced abortion / Sabrina Holmquist and Melissa Gilliam -- Pelvic and sexually transmitted infections / David A. Eschenbach --Benign vulvovaginal disorders / Lori A. Boardman and Colleen M. Kennedy -- Amenorrhea / David P. Cohen -- Abnormal uterine bleeding / Steven R. Goldstein -- Premenstrual syndrome / Robert L. Reid -- Androgen excess disorders / Richard S. Legro and Ricardo Azziz -- Infertility / Kristen P. Wright and Julia V. Johnson -- Endometriosis / Robert S. Schenken -- Menopause / Marcelle I. Cedars and Michele Evans -- Women's sexuality and sexual dysfunction / Rosemary Basson -- Chronic pelvic pain / Howard T. Sharp -- Perioperative evaluation / Jeff Peipert and Sarah Hammil -- Laparoscopic surgery / Joseph S. Sanfilippo and Lisa M. Roberts -- Hysteroscopic surgery / R. Stanford Williams -- Epidemiology, pathophysiology, and evaluation of pelvic organ support / John O. L. DeLancey -- Operative management of pelvic organ prolapse / Kris Strohbehn and Holly E. Richter -- Nonsurgical treatment of pelvic organ prolapse / Ingrid D. Nygaard -- Female urinary incontinence: epidemiology and evaluation / Peggy A. Norton --Operative management of urinary incontinence / Charles W. Nager and Amy R. Kane -- Nonsurgical management of urinary incontinence and overactive bladder / Baharak Amir and Alfred E. Bent -- Fecal incontinence and defecation disorders / Dee E. Fenner and Catherine Ann Matthews -- Leiomyomata / Arthur F. Haney -- Disorders of the breast / Mary L. Gemignani -- Vulvar and vaginal cancer / Natalie S. Gould and Joan L. Walker -- Cervical cancer / Robert L. Giuntoli II and Robert E. Bristow -- Human papillomavirus and the management of the abnormal pap test / Christine H. Holschneider -- Uterine cancer / David G. Mutch -- Ovarian and tubal cancers / Ilana Cass and Beth Y. Karlan -- Management of the adnexal mass / Susan A. Davidson -- Gestational trophoblastic neoplasms / Andrew John Li -- The special approach to solving the profession's liability crisis, improving patient safety, and preventing medical errors / Louis Weinstein and Jason K. Baxter -- Appendix: Evidence-based approach to obstetrics and gynecology / Ronald S. Gibbs.
- Deep pelvic endometriosis a multidisciplinary approach 2011, SpringerIntroduction / Paola De Nardi and Stefano Ferrari -- Diagnosis / Paola De Nardi and Stefano Ferrari -- Treatment / Paola De Nardi and Stefano Ferrari -- The Experience of Living with Endometriosis / Elaine Denny.
- Diabetology of pregnancy 2005, KargerEpidemiology of pregestational and gestational diabetes / I. Pavliʹc-Renar, Z̆. Metelko -- Fuel-mediated 'functional teratogenesis' and primary prevention / A. Plagemann -- Endocrine changes in diabetic pregnancy / A. Kautzky-Willer, D. Bancher-Todesca -- Metabolic changes in diabetic pregnancy / E. Herrera -- Leptin in the diabetic pregnancy / S. Hauguet-De Mouzon, J. Lepercq, P. Catalano -- Maternal diabetes and embryonic development / R. De Hertogh -- Normal and abnormal fetal growth / I. Cetin, T. Radaelli -- Effect of nutrition on fetal development: a view on the pancreatic [beta]-cells / B. Blondeau, B. Breant -- The human placenta in diabetes / G. Desoye, P. Kaufmann -- Vasculogenesis and angiogenesis in the diabetic placenta / L. Leach, T.M. Mayhew -- Morphological findings in infants and placentas of diabetic mothers / M. Kos, M. Vogel -- Principles of evidence-based medicine: the lesson for diabetic pregnancy / T.R. Pieber -- The Graz approach to diabetes in pregnancy / P.A.M. Weiss, G. Desoye -- Clinical management of pregnancies complicated with type 1/type 2 diabetes mellitus / J. Djelmis̆ -- Nutritional management of diabetes in pregnancy / A. Dornhorst, G. Frost -- Diabetes-related antibodies and pregnancy / R. Corcoy, D. Mauricio, A. De Leiva -- Insulin and oral hypoglycemic agents in pregnancy / Z̆. Metelko, I. Pavliʹc-Renar -- Continuous glucose monitoring for the evaluation and improved treatment adjustment in gravid women with diabetic pregnancy / M. Hod, Y. Yogev -- Fetal hypoxia and its monitoring in pregestational diabetic pregnancies / K.A. Teramo, V.K. Hiilesmaa -- Ultrasonic surveillance of the diabetic fetus / M. Ivanis̆eviʹc -- Diabetic pregnancy: maternal metabolic and microvascular issues in type 1 diabetes mellitus / D.W.M. Pearson -- Pre-eclampsia in women with type 1 diabetes / E.R. Mathiesen and P. Damm -- Management of delivery / V.A. Miller, M.D.G. Gillmer -- Offspring of diabetic pregnancy / B. Persson, U.J. Eriksson, U. Hanson -- Long-term consequences of gestational diabetes mellitus / J. Lauenborg, E.R. Mathiesen, P. Damm.
- Diagnosis and management of polycystic ovary syndrome 2009, SpringerPart I. The syndrome. 1. Clinical manifestations of PCOS / Pasquali Renato --2. The Menstrual cycle in PCOS / Sabrina Gill and Janet E. Hall -- 3. The Radiology of Polycystic ovaries / Susan J. Barter -- Part II. Origins -- 4. Insulin resistance in PCOS / Evanthia Diamanti-Kandarakis and Charikleia D. Christakou -- 5. Genetics of metabolic syndrome and genetic lipodystrophies / Tisha R. Joy and Robert A. Hegele -- 6. The Genetics of polycystic ovary syndrome / Brad Eilerman, Marzieh Salehi, and Yaron Tomer -- 7. Uterine origins and evolution in childhood / Agathocles Tsatsoulis and Nectaria Xita -- Part III. Consequences -- 8. Hyperandrogenism in PCOS / Neoklis A. Georgopoulos, Eleni Kandaraki, and Dimitrios Panidis -- 9. The Risk of diabetes and metabolic syndrome in PCOS / Thomas M. Barber -- 10. The Risks of cardiovascular disease and diabetes in the Polycystic ovary syndrome / Susmeeta T. Sharma and John E. Nestler -- 11. Pregnancy complications in PCOS / Roy Homburg -- 12. Polycystic ovary syndrome, sleep apnea, and daytime sleepiness and fatigue / Alexandros N. Vgontzas and Susan Calhoun -- 13. Polycystic ovarian syndrome and gynaecological cancer / Alexandra Lawrence and W. Peter Mason -- 14. PCOS, depression, and Alzheimer's disease / Pascale G. Stemmle, Heather A. Kenna, and Natalie L. Rasgon -- 15. Psychological issues and their treatment / Melissa J. Himelein and Samuel S. Thatcher -- Part IV. Management -- 16. Dietary management of PCOS / Kate Marsh -- 17. Exercise in the treatment of PCOS / Emma Stevenson -- 18. Medical treatment / Jean-Patrice Baillargeon and Nadir R. Farid -- 19. Therapy of hirsutism / Salvatore Benvenga -- 20. Ovulation induction in PCOS / Evert J.P. van Santbrink -- 21. IVF in Polycystic ovary syndrome / Rehan Salim and Paul Serhal -- 22. The Surgical management of Polycystic ovarian syndrome / Colin J. Davis -- 23. When periods stop: long-term consequences of PCOS / Enrico Carmina, Ettore Guastella, and Manfredi Rizzo.
- Diagnostic gynecologic and obstetric pathology. 2nd ed. 2011, ClinicalKeyDrs. Christopher P. Crum, Marisa R. Nucci, and Kenneth R. Lee help you diagnose neoplastic and non-neoplastic lesions of the female reproductive tract with their comprehensive updated. This 2nd Edition provides all of the latest guidance needed to accurately evaluate pathologic features and morphologic patterns. With 650+ new color images, an appendix with algorithms for the use of biomarkers, key points, diagnostic pearls, and more. View more than 2,250 full-color photographs and photomicrographs, ideal for side-by-side comparison to the specimens seen in the laboratory. A strong revision to cover the latest updates in the field for one of the only comprehensive references for the practicing pathologist that covers both neoplastic and non-neoplastic disorders of the female genital system.
- Diagnostic pathology of ovarian tumors 2011, SpringerMorphologic Patterns -- Common Diagnostic Discrepancies -- Frozen Section of Ovarian Lesions -- Surface Epithelial Tumors: Pathology Introduction -- Surface Epithelial Tumors: Clinical Introduction -- Pathology of Serous Tumors -- Pathology of Endometrioid Tumors -- Pathology of Clear Cell Tumors -- Pathology of Mucinous Tumors -- Uncommon Epithelial Ovarian Tumors -- Metastatic Tumors -- Germ Cell and Sex Cord Stromal Tumors: Clinical Introduction -- Pathology of Germ Cell Tumors -- Sex Cord Stromal Tumors of the Ovary -- Pathology of Mesenchymal and Hematopoietic Tumors -- Tumors of Uncertain Histogenesis -- Fallopian Tube and Peritoneum -- Familial Cancer and Prophylactic Surgery -- Peritoneal Cytology.
- Digital mammography 9th international workshop ; proceedings 2008, Springer
- Diseases of the breast. 4th ed. 2010, OvidBreast anatomy and development -- Molecular mechanisms regulating breast development -- Stem cells in breast development and carcinogenesis: concepts and clinical perspectives -- Physical examination of the breast -- Management of the palpable breast mass -- Management of disorders of the ductal system and infections -- Management of breast pain -- Abnormalities of the breast in pregnancy and lactation -- Management of gynecomastia -- Pathology of benign breast disorders -- Screening for breast cancer -- Imaging analysis: mammography -- Breast ultrasound -- Imaging analysis: magnetic resonance imaging -- Imaging: new techniques -- Image-guided biopsy of nonpalpable breast lesions -- Management summary on breast imaging -- Inherited genetic factors and breast cancer -- Genetic testing and management of patients with hereditary breast cancer -- Nongenetic factors in the causation of breast cancer -- Management of other high risk patients -- Chemoprevention: clinical aspects -- Pathology and biological features of premalignant breast disease -- Lobular carcinoma in situ: biology and pathology -- Lobular carcinoma in situ: clinical management -- Ductal carcinoma in situ and microinvasive carcinoma -- Breast cancer genomics -- Pathology of invasive breast cancer -- Clinical aspects of estrogen and progesterone receptors -- ERBB2 testing: assessment of status for targeted therapies -- Prognostic and predictive markers -- Gene arrays, prognosis, and therapeutic interventions -- Bone marrow micrometastases and circulating tumor cells -- Evaluation of patients for metastasis prior to primary therapy -- Staging of breast cancer -- Mastectomy -- Breast-conserving therapy: conventional whole breast irradiation -- Breast-conserving therapy: accelerated partial breast irradiation -- Breast reconstruction -- Local therapy for the breast and chest wall -- Sentinel lymph node dissection -- Axillary dissection -- Axillary irradiation -- Preserving and restoring function after local treatment -- Lymphedema -- Treatment of the axilla and other regional nodes -- Postmastectomy radiation therapy -- Adjuvant systemic therapy: endocrine therapy -- Adjuvant systemic therapy: chemotherapy --Adjuvant systemic therapy: chemoendocrine -- Adjuvant treatment of ERBB2 positive breast cancer -- Adjuvant systemic therapy: bisphosphonates -- Lifestyle issues in breast cancer survivors -- Management of menopausal symptoms in breast cancer survivors -- Side effects of systemic therapy: neurocognitive, cardiac, and secondary malignancies -- Pharmacogenomics of systemic therapy of breast cancer -- Guidelines for adjuvant systemic therapy -- Preoperative therapy for operable breast cancer -- Preoperative endocrine therapy for operable breast cancer -- Local-regional therapy considerations in patients receiving preoperative chemotherapy -- Locally advanced breast cancer -- Inflammatory breast cancer -- Management summary on preoperative systemic therapy -- Male breast cancer -- Phyllodes tumors -- Paget's disease -- Nonepithelial malignancies of the breast -- Breast cancer during pregnancy and subsequent pregnancy in breast cancer survivors -- Occult primary cancer with axillary metastases -- Surveillance of patients following primary therapy -- Surgery for the primary in patients with distant metastases -- Local-regional recurrence after breast-conservation treatment or mastectomy -- Treatment of metastatic breast cancer: endocrine therapy -- Treatment of metastatic breast cancer: chemotherapy -- Treatment of HER2-overexpressing metastatic breast cancer -- End-of-life considerations in patients with breast cancer -- Management summary for metastatic disease for the care of patients with metastatic disease -- Angiogenesis inhibition in breast cancer -- Tyrosine kinase inhibitors -- Newer targeted therapy in breast cancer -- Brain metastases -- Epidural metastases -- Leptomeningeal metastasis -- Brachial plexopathy in patients with breast cancer -- Ocular metastases -- Malignant effusions -- Management of discrete pulmonary nodules -- Management of lsolated liver metastases -- Bone-directed therapy and breast cancer: bisphosphonates, monoclonal anitbody, and radionuclides -- Local management of bone metastases -- Breast cancer in older women -- Breast cancer in younger women -- Breast cancer in minority women -- Nursing care in patient management and quality of life -- Psychosocial adaptation during and after breast cancer -- Reproductive issues in breast cancer survivors -- Medical legal aspects of breast cancer evaluation -- Cost and cost-effectiveness considerations.
- Doppler ultrasound in obstetrics and gynecology. 2nd ed. 2005, Springer
- Drugs during pregnancy and lactation-- treatment options and risk assessment. 2nd ed. 2007, ClinicalKeyGeneral commentary on drug therapy and drug risks in pregnancy / Richard K. Miller, Paul W. Peters, and Christoff E. Schaefer -- Specific drug therapies during pregnancy / Mimke Reuvers and Christof Schaefer -- General commentary on drug therapy and drug risk during lactation / Ruth Lawrence and Christof Schaefer -- Specific drug therapies during lactation / Chistof Schaefer and Ruth Lawrence.
- Understanding migraine and pregnancy -- Safety rating systems for drugs used in pregnancy and lactation -- Non-pharmacological headache treatments -- Acute treatment options for the pregnant headache patient -- Acute treatment options for the lactating headache patient -- Preventive treatment options for the pregnant headache patient -- Preventive treatment options for the lactating headache patient -- Urgent care/emergency treatment of the acute, severe headache in pregnant and lactating patients -- Work-up for headache during pregnancy and lactation -- Patient headache resources.
- "Completely updated and expanded, 'Emans, Laufer, and Goldstein's Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology', Sixth Edition, covers the medical and surgical approaches to common pediatric and adolescent clinical problems. The book discusses the importance of the history and physical examination and the physiology of puberty and its associated disorders and complications"--Provided by publisher.
- Emerging therapeutic targets in ovarian cancer 2011, SpringerSystemic Therapy for Ovarian Cancer, Current Treatment, Recent Advances, and Unmet Needs / Susana Banerjee, Michael A. Bookman, and Martin Gore -- Discovery of Novel Targets / John Farley and Michael J. Birrer -- Novel Anti-angiogenic Therapies in Ovarian Cancer / Jurjees Hasan and Gordon Jayson -- Targeting the AKT Pathway in Ovarian Cancer / Euan A. Stronach ... [et al.] -- Inhibition of the Src Oncogene : Therapeutic Potential in Ovarian Carcinoma / Liz Y. Han and Anil K. Sood -- Tumour-Specific Synthetic Lethality : Targeting BRCA Dysfunction in Ovarian Cancer / Timothy A. Yap ... [et al.] -- Targeting Inflammatory Pathways in Epithelial Ovarian Cancer / Jermaine Coward and Frances Balkwill -- Epithelial-to-Mesenchymal Transition and Cellular Membrane Receptors in Ovarian Cancer : Moving Forward in the Era of Molecularly Targeted Therapy / Lainie P. Martin, Julia J. Perkins, and Russell J. Schilder -- Epigenetic Therapies / Robert Brown, Nadine Chapman-Rothe, and Ros Glasspool -- Ovarian Cancer Immunology and Immunotherapy / Sadaf Ghaem-Maghami and Martin Gore -- Ovarian Cancer Progenitor/Stem Cells: Therapeutic Potential / Susan K. Murphy and Andrew Berchuck -- Potential for α-Folate Receptor-Targeted Treatment for Ovarian Cancer / Chau H.M. Ng and Ann L. Jackman -- New Insights into Tubulin Binders / Carles Escriu and James D. Brenton.
- Current status of the prevention and early diagnosis of endometrial adenocarcinoma -- The value of endometrial cytology -- Techniques of endometrial cytology -- Techniques of endometrial histopathology -- New techniques for the diagnosis of endometrial pathology -- Cytology of the normal endometrium - cycling and postmenopausal -- Benign endometrial lesions -- Cytopathology of endometrial hyperplasias -- Cytopathology of endometrial adenocarcinoma -- Cytopathology of the non-epithelial malignant tumors of the uterine corpus.
- Essential obstetrics and gynaecology. 5th ed. 2013, ClinicalKeyAnatomy of the female pelvis / Caroline de Costa -- Conception and nidation / Roger Pepperell -- Physiological changes in pregnancy / Fiona Broughton Pipkin -- Placental and fetal growth and development / E. Malcolm Symonds -- Perinatal and maternal mortality / Boon H. Lim -- History taking and examination in obstetrics / Edwin Chandraharan -- Normal pregnancy and antenatal care / Shaylee Iles -- Obstetric disorders / Henry G. Murray -- Maternal medicine / Suzanne V.F. Wallace, Henry G. Murray and David James -- Assessment of fetal wellbeing / David James and Suzanne V.F. Wallace -- Management of labour / Sabaratnam Arulkumaran -- Management of delivery / Aldo Vacca -- Postpartum problems / Shankari Arulkumaran -- Psychiatric disorders of childbirth / Margaret R. Oates -- Basic clinical skills in gynaecology / Ian M. Symonds -- Gynaecological disorders / Ian S. Fraser -- Infertility / William Ledger -- Early pregnancy care / Ian M. Symonds -- Sexual and reproductive health / Roger Pepperell -- Gynaecological oncology / Hextan Y.S. Ngan and Karen Chan -- Prolapse and disorders of the urinary tract / Ajay Rane and Jay Iyer.
- The Normal Breast -- Specimen Processing -- Fibrocystic Change and Duct Ectasia -- Adenosis -- Intraductal Proliferative Lesions -- Intraductal Papillary Neoplasms -- Lobular Intraepithelial Neoplasia (LIN) -- Infiltrating Ductal Carcinoma (NOS Type) -- Invasive Lobular Carcinoma (ILC) -- Special Types of Breast Carcinomas -- Biphasic Tumors -- Disease of the Nipple -- Male Breast Lesions -- Mesenchymal Lesions/Tumors -- Myoepithelial Lesions/Neoplasms -- Miscellaneous Lesions -- Cytopathology of Benign and Malignant Lesions (Selected Topics) -- Immunohistochemistry (Selected Topics).
- Estrogen effects in psychiatric disorders 2005, Springer
- Family medicine obstetrics. 3rd ed. 2008, ClinicalKeyWhether you offer comprehensive pregnancy care in your primary care facility, or provide prenatal and postpartum care, this book delivers the guidance you need to optimize health for both mothers and their babies. It covers all aspects of birth care, from preconception counseling and prenatal care, through labor and delivery (both low-risk and complicated), to postpartum care and the first month of life. The completely revised third edition includes the most up-to- date, evidence-based standards of care. It offers information that is patient centered, prevention oriented, educational, and sensitive to the care of the whole woman and her family. Features a reader-friendly outline/narrative format for ease of use in daily clinical practice. Describes how to care for patients with a wide range of medical conditions during pregnancy as well as pregnancy-related conditions. Takes a whole-family approach to maternity care, with discussions of maternal and paternal adjustment, marital adjustment, sibling adjustment, single-parent families, and return-to-work issues. Provides patient and family education materials on a full range of topics, from nutrition in pregnancy to breastfeeding. Features a section on alternative medicine in maternity care. Provides detailed instruction for a wide array of procedures, including cesarean delivery, perineal repair of simple and complex lacerations, circumcision, assisted deliveries, and amnioinfusion.
- Female pelvic floor function, dysfunction, and management according to the integral theory. 3rd ed. 2010, SpringerThe Anatomy and Dynamics of Pelvic Floor Function and Dysfunction -- Diagnosis of Connective Tissue Damage -- Reconstructive Pelvic Floor Surgery According to the Integral Theory -- Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation according to the Integral Theory Towards a More Time Efficient Method for Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation and With a Wider Symptom Scope -- Mapping the Dynamics of Connective Tissue Dysfunction -- Current and Emerging Research Issues -- Appendix 1. Patient Questionnaires and Other Diagnostic Resource Tools -- Appendix 2. References and Further Reading -- Appendix 3. Patient Information.
- Female pelvic health and reconstructive surgery 2003, netLibrary
- Female puberty a comprehensive guide for clinicians 2014, Springer
- Female urology a practical clinical guide 2007, Springer
- Fetal and neonatal pathology. 4th ed. 2007, Springer
- This volume represents an up-to-date overview on the major areas of gynecological endocrinology, providing the reader with a complete explanation of female endocrine regulation and metabolism and relevant disorders and treatment. It is published within the International Society of Gynecological Endocrinology (ISGE) Series and is based on the 2013 International School of Gynecological and Reproductive Endocrinology Summer Course. The book covers a very wide range of topics from primary amenorrhea to menopause, from the impact of ovarian surgery on fertility to fertility cryopreservation, from metabolic syndrome and polycystic ovary to premature ovarian failure and from the clinical impact of selective progesterone receptor modulators to the use of progesterone in prevention of premature labor. It will be an important tool for obstetricians and gynecologists, endocrinologists and experts in women's health as well as interested GPs.
- Fundamentals of Pap test cytology 2007, SpringerA short dictionary of the Pap test -- Analogies in the Pap test : "Of corn flakes and raisins" -- Basic cytology principles -- Basic anatomy and cytology of the female genital tract -- The Bethesda system -- Liquid-based cytology -- Physiological cytology -- Reactive changes and organisms -- Human papillomavirus in cervical carcinogenesis -- Atypical squamous cells -- Low-grade squamous intra-epithelial lesion -- High-grade squamous intra-epithelial lesion -- Invasive squamous carcinoma -- Endocervical lesions -- Endometrial lesions -- Metastatic tumors -- Therapy-related changes -- Artifacts, contaminants, and incidental findings -- Screening and management guidelines of Pap test and newer techniques.
- Glass' Office gynecology. 6th ed. 2006, OvidHirsutism / Steven M. Strong -- Vulvovaginitis / Tracey A. Banks and Michèle G. Curtis -- Sexually transmitted diseases / Lisa M. Hollier -- Chronic pelvic pain / John F. Steege -- Endometriosis / John M. Storment -- Preconception evaluation and counseling / Justin P. Lavin, Jr. and John Stewart, Jr. -- Contraception / Anthony DelConte -- Infertility and recurrent pregnancy loss / John M. Storment -- Surgical and medical abortion / Mitchell D. Creinin -- Urogynecology and pelvic floor dysfunction / Alfred E. Bent -- Lifestyle modification / Jimmy D. Acklin --Integration of complementary and alternative medicine in the gynecology office / Michèle G. Curtis -- Intimate partner violence / Abbey B. Berenson -- Women and sexuality / Gretchen Gross -- Psychiatric disorders / James M. Martinez and Lauren B. Marangell -- Management of the HIV-positive woman / Nancy L. Eriksen -- Diagnosis and management of hereditary cancer / Monique A. Spillman and Andrew Berchuck -- Occupational and environmental exposures / Linda M. Frazier And David A. Grainger.Pediatric and adolescent gynecology / Andrea L. Zuckerman -- Care of perimenopausal and postmenopausal patients / Clarisa R. Gracia and Kurt T. Barnhart -- Lesbian, bisexual, and transgender health care / Amy E. Harrison and Vincent M. B. Silenzio -- Abnormal cytology and human papillomavirus / Barbara M. Buttin, Thomas J. Herzog, and David G. Mutch -- Benign disorders of the vulva and vagina / Wilson Sawa and Michael P. Hopkins -- Benign disorders and diseases of the breast / Daniel P. Guyton and Andrew Fenton -- Premenstrual syndromes / Meir Steiner -- Abnormal uterine bleeding / Godwin I. Meniru and Michael P. Hopkins --
- Global library of women's medicine DatabaseThe Global Library of Women's Medicine is a unique web library incorporating a vast range of detailed clinical information across women's medicine. It consists of 442 main chapters and 53 supplementary chapters, supported by over 40,000 references, which will be kept permanently up-to-date. The chapters have been written by more than 650 specialists and will reflect some of the very best worldwide opinion.
- Gynaecology. 4th ed. 2011, ClinicalKeySurgical anatomy -- Hysteroscopy -- Laparoscopy -- Diathermy and lasers -- Imaging techniques in gynaecology -- One-stop gynaecology: the role of ultrasound in the acute gynaecological patient -- Preoperative care -- Principles of surgery and management of intraoperative complications -- Postoperative care -- Hormones: their action and measurement in gynaecological practice -- Biosynthesis of steroid hormones -- Principles and new developments in molecular biology -- Sexual differentiation: normal and abnormal -- Disorders of puberty -- Control of hypothalamic-pituitary-ovarian function -- Amenorrhoea, oligomenorrhoea and hypothalamic-pituitary dysfunction -- Ovulation induction -- Polycystic ovary syndrome -- Fertilization to implantation -- Disorders and investigation of female reproduction -- Disorders of male reproduction -- Assisted reproduction treatments -- Sporadic and recurrent miscarriage -- Tubal disease -- Ectopic pregnancy -- Hirsutism and virilization -- Premenstrual syndrome -- Menopause -- Fertility control -- Psychosexual medicine -- Menstruation and menstrual disorders -- Uterine fibroids -- Endometriosis -- Epidemiology of gynaecological cancer -- The genetics and molecular biology of gynaecological cancer -- Principles of radiotherapy and chemotherapy -- Novel therapies in gynaecological cancer -- Premalignant disease of the genital tract -- Cancer of the uterine cervix -- Benign disease of the vulva and the vagina -- Malignant disease of the vulva and vagina -- Malignant disease of the uterus -- Gestational trophoblastic tumours -- Benign tumours of the ovary -- Carcinoma of the ovary and fallopian tube -- Benign disease of the breast -- Malignant disease of the breast -- Supportive care for gynaecological cancer patients: Psychological and emotional aspects -- Classification of urogynaecological disorders -- The mechanism of continence -- Urodynamic investigations -- Urethral sphincter incompetence: stress incontinence -- The overactive bladder syndrome -- Voiding difficulty -- Pelvic organ prolapse -- Frequency, urgency and the painful bladder -- Fistulae -- Urinary tract infection -- Lower intestinal tract disease -- Sexual dysfunction in urogynaecology -- Chronic pelvic pain -- Pelvic inflammatory disease -- Non-HIV sexually transmitted infections -- Human immunodeficiency syndrome -- Forensic gynaecology -- Violence against women -- Lesbian and bisexual women's health issues -- Evidence-based care in gynaecology.
- Gynecologic cancer 2006, SpringerMultidisciplinary care of patients with gynecologic cancers / David M. Gershenson ... [et al.] -- Prevention and early detection of endometrial and ovarian cancers / Karen H. Lu -- Preinvasive disease of the lower genital tract / Andrea Milbourne -- Selected topics in gynecologic pathology / Anais Malpica, Michael T. Deavers, and Elvio G. Silva -- Imaging of gynecologic malignancies / Revathy Iyer -- Contemporary treatment of vaginal and vulvar cancers / Patricia J. Eifel and Thomas W. Burke -- Treatment of early cervical cancer / Charles F. Levenback -- Treatment of locally advanced cervical cancer / Anuja Jhingran, Patricia J. Eifel, and Pedro T. Ramirez -- Uterine sarcomas / Lois M. Ramondetta ... [et al.] -- Treatment of endometrial cancer / Lois M. Ramondetta ... [et al.] -- Surgery for ovarian cancer / Judith K. Wolf and J. Taylor Wharton -- Chemotherapy for epithelial ovarian cancer / Michele L. Donato ... [et al.] -- Treatment of rare ovarian malignancies / Jubilee Brown and David M. Gershenson -- Gestational trophoblastic disease / Hui T. See ... [et al.] -- Fertility-sparing options for treatment of women with gynecologic cancers / Pedro T. Ramirez -- Quality of life and sexual functioning / Diane C. Bodurka and Charlotte C. Sun -- Palliative care for gynecologic malignancies / Florian Strasser, Michael W. Bevers, and Eduardo Bruera.
- Gynecologic imaging 2011, ClinicalKeySection 1. Imaging techniques, pitfalls, and normal anatomy -- section 2. Pelvic pain -- section 3. Abnormal bleeding -- section 4. Infertility -- section 5. First-trimester pregnancy complications -- section 6. Postpartum complications -- section 7. Characterization of the adnexal mass -- section 8. Gynecologic cancer -- section 9. Pediatric imaging -- section 10. Interventional radiology in gynecology.
- Imaging of gynecologic malignancies -- The use of sectional imaging with CT and MRI for image-guided therapy -- The physics of CT and MR imaging -- The use of positron emission tomographic imaging for image-guided therapy -- Image-guidance in external beam planning for locally advanced cervical cancer -- Physics perspectives on the role of 3D imaging -- Image-guided treatment planning and therapy in postoperative gynecologic malignancies -- The integrating of 3D imaging with conformal radiotherapy for vulvar and vaginal cancer -- Adaptive contouring of the target volume and organs at risk -- Clinical aspects of treatment planning -- Radiobiological aspects of brachytherapy in the era of 3D imaging -- Physics for image-guided brachytherapy -- Australia: Peter Maccullum Cancer Center, Melbourne -- Austria: Medical University of Vienna, Vienna -- Belgium: University Hospital, Leuven -- Denmark: Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus -- France: Institut Gustave-Roussy, Paris -- Great Britain: Mount Vernon Cancer Center, Middlesex -- India: Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai -- The Netherlands: University Medical Center, Utrecht -- USA: Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women's Cancer Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston -- USA: Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee -- Postoperative vaginal cylinder brachytherapy in an era of 3D imaging -- Image-based approaches to interstitial brachytherapy -- Outcomes related to the disease and the use of 3D-based external beam radiation and image-guided brachytherapy -- Morbidity related to the use of 3D-based external beam radiation and image-guided brachytherapy.
- Gynecologic ultrasound : a problem-based approach 2014, ClinicalKeyFor pelvic symptoms, ultrasound is the initial imaging modality of choice in today's cost-conscious climate. Employing a practical, problem-based approach Gynecologic Ultrasound is the only medical reference that provides a stepwise method in the diagnosis of gynecological abnormalities. Abundantly illustrated and easily accessible, it is an ideal resource for a clinical setting. Expedite and confirm diagnosis of gynecological abnormalities. An easily accessible format-organized by both entity and differential diagnosis-facilitates searches and zeroing in on the one correct entity. Master the nuances of using ultrasound through the visual instruction of more than 600 clear images including 3D and Doppler - important and necessary tools for pelvic ultrasound. Glean all essential, up-to-date, need-to-know information about Mullerian Duct Abnormality, Endometriosis, Ovarian cancer, and Uterine Sarcoma as well as normal pelvic ultrasound and common normal variants. Consult this reference where and when you need it at Expert Consult.
- Gynecological and Breast Cytopathology Board Review and Self-Assessment is a comprehensive systems-based review of gynecological and breast cytology including cytomorphology, pitfalls and ancillary studies. Presented in a high-yield format with board-type multiple choice questions and detailed answers, this review includes chapters covering Pap smear cytology, colposcopy, breast FNA, and Pelvic washings. The book is also enriched with features to maximize studying and reviewing of cytopathology, including high-yield review with tables emphasizing key points, board exam-type questions, and high quality full-color images. Written by cytologists and cytopathologists with experience in the practice of modern cytology, as well as intensive teaching experience at national and international levels. Gynecological and Breast Cytopathology Board Review and Self-Assessment provides an excellent review, resource, and self-assessment for pathologists, cytopathologists, cytotechnologists, and trainees preparing for board examinations.
- Gynecological imaging a reference guide to diagnosis 2013, SpringerThis book provides a detailed guide to the use and interpretation of color Doppler ultrasound, CT, and MR imaging in patients with gynecological disorders. The advantages and limitations of each modality in imaging different pathologies are clearly presented, and advice is provided on the most appropriate option when ultrasound does not permit a definite diagnosis or fails to determine the precise extension of a lesion. Throughout, emphasis is placed on the importance of microscopic and macroscopic findings for a full understanding of the radiological appearances, and relevant points from the basic sciences are also highlighted. Special attention is paid to issues of differential diagnosis and imaging results that are characteristic of a particular type of lesion. The authors are recognized experts in the field who draw upon their considerable experience to provide an up-to-date reference book highly relevant to everyday clinical practice.
- Hacker and Moore's Essentials of obstetrics and gynecology. 5th ed. 2010, ClinicalKey
- Handbook of nutrition and pregnancy 2008, Springer
- High risk pregnancy-- management options. 4th ed. 2011, ClinicalKeyHigh Risk Pregnancy examines the full range of challenges in general obstetrics, medical complications of pregnancy, prenatal diagnosis, fetal disease, and management of labor and delivery. Drs. David James, Philip J. Steer, Carl P. Weiner, Bernard Gonik, Caroline Crowther, and Stephen Robson present an evidence-based approach to the available management options, equipping you with the most appropriate strategy for each patient. Prepare for clinical challenges and save time in addressing them thanks to expert advice on treatment options from international contributors. Find and apply the information you need quickly and easily through a consistent organization and at-a-glance summary boxes that discuss evidence-based management options.
- History of cervical cancer and the role of the human papillomavirus, 1960-2000 the transcript of a witness seminar held by the Wellcome Trust Centre for the History of Medicine at UCL, London, on 13 May 2008 2009, Wellcome Trust
- History of diabetes in pregnancy the impact of maternal diabetes on offspring prenatal development and survival 2012, Springer
- History of endometriosis 2011, SpringerPrelude -- Intellectual Development of Carl Von Rokitansky -- Microscopy and the Discovery of Endometriosis and Adenomyosis -- From von Rokitansky to von Recklinghausen to Cullen -- Cullen's Research at Johns Hopkins Hospital -- Adenomyomas of Vagina, Rectum, Sigmoid Colon, and Ovary -- Distribution of Pelvic and Abdominal Adenomyomas -- Sampson's Theory of Implantation Endometriosis -- Life History of Ovarian Endometriomas -- Explication and Defense of Sampson's Theory of Pathogenesis -- Scientific Objectivity -- Epilogue.
- 5-minute consult clinical companion to women's health — History of endometriosis (100)
- HPV and cervical cancer achievements in prevention and future prospects — Selective estrogen receptor modulators a new brand of multitarget drugs (100)
- Sexually transmissible infections in clinical practice a problem-based approach — Women's health a primary care clinical guide. 3rd ed. (24)
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
Bookmark on other websites
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases