Books by Subject
- Acute topics in sport nutrition ........
- — Folate in health and disease. 2nd ed. ..
- Food additives. 2nd ed., rev. and exp...
- — Methods of analysis of food component...
- Microbial stress adaptation and food ...
- — Pharmacotherapy of obesity .............
- Physical activity, dietary calorie re...
- — Yeasts in food and beverages ...........
- Acute topics in sport nutrition 2012, KargerBeta-alanine supplementation in high-intensity exercise / Harris, R.C., Sale, C. -- Arginine and citrulline supplementation in sports and exercise : ergogenic nutrients / Sureda, A., Pons, A. -- Dietary nitrate and O2 consumption during exercise / Jones, A.M., Bailey, S.J., Vanhatalo, A. -- GABA supplementation and growth hormone response / Powers, M. -- Exercise, intestinal barrier dysfunction, and probiotic supplementation / Lamprecht, M., Frauwallner, A. -- Pleuran (glucan from pleurotus ostreatus) : an effective nutritional supplement against upper respiratory tract infections / Majtan, J. -- Bovine colostrum and immune function after exercise / Davison, G. -- Supplementation with mixed fruit and vegetable concentrates in relation to exercise, performance and sport : scientific insight and practical relevance / Lamprecht, M. -- Cherry juice targets antioxidant potential and pain relief / Kuehl, K.S. -- Impact of milk consumption and resistance training on body composition of female athletes -- Josse, A.R., Phillips, S.M. -- Glycerol use in hyperhydration and rehydration : scientific update -- Van Rosendal, S.P., Coombes, J.S. -- Salt and fluid loading : effects on blood volume and exercise performance / Mora-Rodriguez, R., Hamouti, N. -- Milk protein and the restoration of fluid balance after exercise / James, L. -- Chocolate milk : a post-exercise recovery beverage for endurance sports / Pritchett, K., Pritchett, R. -- Role of supplementary l-carnitine in exercise and exercise recovery / Huang, A., Owen, K. -- Supplements and inadvertent doping : how big is the risk to athletes? / Judkins, C., Prock, P.
- Advances in food mycology 2006, SpringerSection 1. Understanding the fungi producing important mycotoxins -- Section 2. Media and method development in food mycology -- Section 3. Physiology and ecology of mycotoxigenic fungi -- Section 4. Control of fungi and mycotoxins in foods.
- Advances in nutrition and cancer 2014, SpringerThis book comprises proceedings from the Third International Conference on Advances in Nutrition and Cancer, held in Naples in May 2012. This highly multidisciplinary meeting analyzed nutrition and cancer from different perspectives and on the basis of distinct and up-to-date experimental approaches. Knowledge on the relation between lifestyle, diet, and cancer is explored in a number of contributions, and the role of dietary intervention in cancer patients is discussed. Issues of vital interest to the research community, such as epidemiological and experimental oncology (genetics, epigenetics, and the mechanisms of action of natural compounds in the diet), receive detailed consideration. A further key topic is the emerging molecular technologies (the -omics) that can cast light on the interplay between nutrition and human malignancies. Chapters take the form of reviews that include sections presenting expert opinions. Advances in Nutrition and Cancer will be an invaluable source of topical information for all researchers and clinicians with an interest in this field.
- Advances in plant and animal boron nutrition 2007, Springer
- Advancing medicine with food and nutrients. Second edition. 2012, CRCnetBASE"This book features chapters leading physicians in disease management applying the latest scientific advances linking nutrition to the clinical practice of medicine. Each chapter offers adjuncts to standard care, fewer side-effects, improved risk-reduction or added quality of life"--Provided by publisher.
- Alcohol, nutrition, and health consequences 2013, Springer
- Amino acid chelation in human and animal nutrition 2012, CRCnetBASECh. 1. The fundamentals of mineral nutrition -- ch. 2. The chemistry of chelation -- ch. 3. The history of nutritional chelates -- ch. 4. The requirements for a nutritionally functional chelate -- ch. 5. The development of analytical methods to prove amino acid chelation -- ch. 6. Absorption of amino acid chelates from the alimentary canal -- ch. 7. The pathways for absorption of an amino acid chelate -- ch. 8. The absorption of amino acid chelates by active transport -- ch. 9. The absorption of amino acid chelates by facilitated diffusion -- ch. 10. The fate of amino acid chelates in the mucosal cell -- ch. 11. The uptake of amino acid chelates into and out of the plasma -- ch. 12. Tissue metabolism of amino acid chelates -- ch. 13. Some metabolic responses of the body to amino acid chelates -- ch. 14. Toxicity of amino acid chelates -- ch. 15. The absorption and metabolism of amino acid chelates.
- Amino acids 2013, CRCnetBASE
- Amino acids and proteins for the athlete. 2nd ed. 2008, CRCnetBASE
- Analytical methods for food additives 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Anthocyanins in health and disease 2014, CRCnetBASE
- Anti-angiogenic functional and medicinal foods 2007, CRCnetBASEPart I. History and Scope of Functional Foods Around the World -- Chapter 1. Scope of Conventional and Functional Foods in the U.S.A. / Jack N. Losso -- Chapter 2. Functional Foods, Nutraceuticals and Natural Health Products in Canada / Kelley Fitzpatrick and Fereidoon Shahidi -- Chapter 3. History and Scope of Functional Foods in Japan / Makoto Shimizu and Asami Kawakami -- Chapter 4. Functional Foods in India: History and Scope / Thomas Paul Devasagayam, Jai C. Tilak, and Rekha Singhal -- Chapter 5. History and Scope of Functional Foods in China / Anthony Y.H. Woo, Y. Zhao, R. Zhang, C. Zhou, and Christopher H.K. Cheng -- Chapter 6. History and Current Status of Functional Foods in Korea / Hyong Joo Lee and Young-Joon Surh -- Chapter 7. Australia and New Zealand / Harjinder Singh, Linda Tapsell, Mike Gidley, Pramod Gopal, and Paul J. Moughan -- Chapter 8. Prophylactic Phenolic Antioxidants in Functional Foods of Tropical Island States of the Mascarene Archipelago (Indian Ocean) / T. Bahorun, V. S. Neergheen, M. A. Soobrattee, V. A. Luximon-Ramma, and O. I. Aruoma -- Chapter 9. Functional Foods in Mediterranean and Middle Eastern Countries: History, Scope and Dietary Habits / Fatih Yildiz, Paterna Kotzekidou, Alexandra-Maria Michaelidou, and Giuseppe Nocella -- Chapter 10. Functional Foods in the European Union / Andreu Palou, Paula Oliver, Ana Ma Rodríguez, and Antoni Caimari -- Chapter 11. Functional Foods in the European Union: Main Issues and Impact on the Food Industry / Maurizio Canavari, Alessandra Castellini, Giuseppe Nocella, and Carlo Pirazzoli -- Chapter 12. Functional Foods Legislation in Brazil / Franco M. Lajolo and Eliane Miyazaki Part II. The “Ohmics” Technologies and Functional Foods -- Chapter 13. Principles of Proteomics / Lianji Jin, Lenore Polo Rodicio, and Patrick A. Limbach -- Chapter 14. Toxicogenomics and Systems Toxicology / Michael D. Waters and Jennifer M. Fostel -- Part III. Angiogenesis and Chronic Degenerative Diseases -- Chapter 15. Endothelial Cell Responses to Physiological and Pathophysiological Environments / R.W. Siggins and C.A. Hornick -- Chapter 16. Angiogenic Switch: Roles of Estrogenic Compounds / Sushanta K. Banerjee, Gibanananda Ray, Peter Van Veldhuizen, and Snigdha Banerjee -- Chapter 17. Reactive Oxygen Species and Angiogenesis / Shampa Chatterjee -- Chapter 18. Angiogenesis in Inflammatory Arthritis / Saptarshi Mandal, Smriti Kana kundu-Raychaudhuri, and Siba P. Raychaudhuri -- Chapter 19. Angiogenesis and Cardiovascular Diseases / Robert J. Tomanek -- Chapter 20. Angiogenesis and Anti-Angiogenesis in Brain Tumors / Roland H. Goldbrunner -- Chapter 21. Diabetes and Angiogenesis / Golakoti Trimurtulu, Somepalli Venkateswarlu, and Gottumukkala V. Subbaraju -- Chapter 22. Obesity and Angiogenesis / Debasis Bagchi, Shirley Zafra-Stone, Chandan K. Sen, and Manashi Bagchi -- Part IV. Angiogenesis, Functional, and Medicinal Foods -- Chapter 23. Screening Functional Foods as Inhibitors of Angiogenesis Biomarkers / Jack N. Losso -- Chapter 24. Role of Edible Berry Anthocyanins in Angiogenesis / Manashi Bagchi, Shirley Zafra-Stone, Jack N. Losso, Chandan K. Sen, Sashwati Roy, Soumyadipta Hazra, and Debasis Bagchi -- Chapter 25. Redox Regulation of Angiogenesis: Anti-Angiogenic Properties of Edible Berries and Its Significance -- in a Clinical Setting / Gayle M. Gordillo, Debasis Bagchi, and Chandan K. Sen -- Chapter 26. A Novel Nutrient Mixture Containing Ascorbic Acid, Lysine, Proline, and Green Tea Extract Inhibits Critical Parameters in Angiogenesis / M. Waheed Roomi, V. Ivanov, T. Kalinovsky, A. Niedzwiecki, and M. Rath -- Chapter 27. Angiogenesis and Chinese Medicinal Foods / Anthony Y. H. Woo, Y. Zhao, R. Zhang, C. Zhou, and Christopher H. K. Cheng -- Chapter 28. Disposition and Metabolism of Dietary Flavonoids / Min Jung Kang and Dong-Hyun Kim.
- Antimicrobials in food. 3rd ed. 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Antioxidant vitamins C and E 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Appetite and food intake 2008, CRCnetBASEFood intake : control, regulation, and the illusion of dysregulation / Mark I. Friedman -- The control of food intake and the regulation of body weight in humans / David A. Levitsky -- Appetitive and consummatory aspects of food intake in rodents / Neil E. Rowland and Clare M. Mathes -- Appetite and food intake : a human experimental perspective / Martin R. Yeomans and Emma J. Bertenshaw -- Motivation to eat : neural control and modulation / Dianne Figlewicz Latteman -- Human eating motivation in times of plenty : biological, environmental, and psychosocial influences / Michael R. Lowe, Miriam E. Bocarsly, and Angelo Del Parigi -- Orosensory control of feeding / Thomas R. Scott -- The role of orosensory factors in eating behavior as observed in humans / Didier Chapelot and Jeanine Louis-Sylvestre -- Gastrointestinal factors in appetite and food intake : animal research / Thomas A. Lutz and Nori Geary -- The role of the gastrointestinal tract in satiation, satiety, and food intake : evidence from research in humans / Harry P.F. Peters and David J. Mela --Postabsorptive endocrine factors controlling food intake and regulation of body adiposity : animal research / Mihai Covasa -- Role of postabsorptive endocrine factors in human feeding and regulation of body adiposity / Karen L. Teff and Chirag Kapadia -- Gastrointestinal sensorineural function in the control of food intake / Gary J. Schwartz -- Conscious and unconscious regulation of feeding behaviors in humans : lessons from neuroimaging studies in normal weight and obese subjects / P. Antonio Tataranni and Nicola Pannacciulli -- Macronutrients : complexity of intake control / Pawel K. Olszewski and Allen S. Levine -- Macronutrients, feeding behavior, and weight control in humans / James Stubbs, Stephen Whybrow, and Nik Mazlan Mamat -- Mineral micronutrient status and food intake : studies with animal models / John Beard -- Mineral and food intake : a human perspective / Dorothy Teegarden and Carolyn Gunther.
- Asian functional foods 2005, CRCnetBASE1. Functional Foods and Their Impact on Nutrition and Health: Opportunities in the Asia Pacific / Mark L. Wahlqvist and Naiyana Wattanapenpaiboon -- 2. Asian Herbal Products: The Basis for Development of High-Quality Dietary Supplements and New Medicines / Kuo-Hsiung Lee, Hideji Itokawa, and Mutsuo Kozuka -- 3. Chemistry, Pharmacology, and Quality Control of Selected Popular Asian Herbs in the U.S. Market / Mingfu Wang, Qing-Li Wu, James E. Simon, Yi Jin, and Chi-Tang Ho -- 4. Health-Related Fat Replacers Prepared from Grain for Improving Functional and Nutritive Values of Asian Foods / George E. Inglett, Craig J. Carriere, and Saipin Maneepun -- 5. Antiaging Properties of Asian Functional Foods: A Historical Topic Closely Linked to Longevity / Yi Dang -- 6. A New Treatment and Prevention Strategy for Human Papillomaviruses / Karen J. Auborn -- 7. Traditional Functional Foods in Korea / Su-Rae Lee -- 8. Evolution of Korean Dietary Culture and Health Food Concepts / Cherl-Ho Lee and Tai-Wan Kwon -- 9. Asian Fish Sauce as a Source of Nutrition / Chaufah Thongthai and Asbjørn Gildberg -- 10. Nutraceuticals from Seafood and Seafood By-Products / Fereidoon Shahidi -- 11. Functional Foods from Meat Animals / Youling L. Xiong -- 12. Functional Foods from Fruit and Fruit Products / John Shi and James H. Moy -- 13. Functional Foods from Fermented Vegetable Products: Kimchi (Korean Fermented Vegetables) and Functionality / Kun-Young Park and Sook-Hee Rhee -- 14. Antioxidative Function of Seeds and Nuts and Their Traditional Oils in the Orient / Yasuko Fukuda and Mayumi Nagashima -- 15. Antioxidants and Other Functional Extracts from Sugarcane / Kenji Koge, Michael Saska, and Chung Chi Chou -- 16. Functional Foods from Garlic and Onion / Toyohiko Ariga and Taiichiro Seki -- 17. Functional Foods from Date Fruits / Jiwan S. Sidhu and Suad N. Al-Hooti -- 18. Functional Foods and Products from Japanese Green Tea / Teruo Miyazawa and Kiyotaka Nakagawa -- 19. Miso as a Functional Food / W.J. Mullin -- 20. Fermented Soybean Products as Functional Foods: Functional Properties of Doenjang (Fermented Soybean Paste) / Kun-Young Park and Keun-Ok Jung -- 21. Conventional and Emerging Food Processing Technologies for Asian Functional Food Production / Hao Feng and Scott A. Morris.
- Evolutionary aspects of the dietary omega-6:omega-3 fatty acid ratio : medical implications / A.P. Simopoulos -- Measuring blood fatty acids as a surrogate indicator for coronary heart disease risk in population studies / B. Lands -- Fast determination of fatty acids in whole blood collected from fingertips : application to the assessment of fatty acid patterns (and various indexes) in population studies / C. Galli ... [et al.] -- Evolution and cholesterol / S. Boyd Eaton -- Dietary cholesterol and blood cholesterolemia : a healthy relationship / D.J. McNamara -- Blood cholesterol as a good marker of health in Japan / Y. Ogushi -- Cholesterol and skeletal muscle health / S.E. Riechman ... [et al.] -- Disappointing recent cholesterol-lowering drug trials : is it not time for a full reappraisal of the cholesterol theory? / M. de Lorgeril -- Cholesterol was healthy in the end / V. Ravnskov -- Progress in lipid nutrition : the Columbus concept addressing chronic diseases / F. de Meester.
- Benders' Dictionary of nutrition and food technology. 8th ed. 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Berries and cancer prevention 2011, Springer
- Berry fruit 2007, CRCnetBASEBerry crops : worldwide area and production systems / Bernadine C. Strik -- Chemical components of berry fruits / Stephen T. Talcott -- Berry fruit phytochemicals / Luke R. Howard and Tiffany J. Hager -- Natural pigments of berries : functionality and application / M. Monica Giusti and Pu Jing -- Antioxidant capacity and phenolic content of berry fruits as affected by genotype, preharvest conditions, maturity, and postharvest handling / Shiow Y. Wang -- The potential health benefits of phytochemicals in berries for protecting against cancer and coronary heart disease / Rui Hai Liu.Quality of berries associated with preharvest and postharvest conditions / Elizabeth Mitcham -- Microbial safety concerns of berry fruit / Mark A. Daeschel and Pathima Udompijitkul -- Postharvest handling, storage, and treatment of fresh market berries / Cynthia Bower -- Freezing process of berries / Yanyun Zhao -- Dehydration of berries / Fernando E. Figuerola -- Commercial canning of berries / Hosahalli S. Ramaswamy and Yang Meng -- Berry jams and jellies / Fernando E. Figuerola -- Utilization of berry processing by-products / Yanyun Zhao.
- Bio-farms for nutraceuticals 2010, SpringerThe Nutra-Snacks project : basic research and biotechnological programs on nutraceutics / Giuseppina Rea ... [et al.] -- Overview of diet-gene interactions and the example of xanthophylls / Barbara Demmig-Adams and William W. Adams III -- Therapeutic potential of dietary polyphenols against brain ageing and neurodegenerative disorders / Giovanni Scapagnini, Calogero Caruso, and Vittorio Calabrese -- Plant phenolics in the prevention and treatment of cancer / Klaus W.J. Wahle ... [et al.] -- Endogenous antioxidants and radical scavengers / Angela Maria Rizzo ... [et al.] -- A nutritional strategy for reducing disease and obesity risks / Teresa Lavecchia ... [et al.] -- Dietary phytochemicals and human health / Justyna Krzyzanowska, Anna Czubacka, and Wieslaw Oleszek --Bioactive compounds from northern plants / Anja Hohtola -- Nutraceutical use of garlic sulfur-containing compounds / Eleftherios Touloupakis and Demetrios F. Ghanotakis -- Genetic engineering to enhance crop-based phytonutrients (nutraceuticals) to alleviate diet-related diseases / Autar K. Mattoo ... [et al.] -- Perspective for the use of genetic transformants in order to enhance the synthesis of the desired metabolites : engineering chloroplasts of microalgae for the production of bioactive compounds / Udo Johanningmeier and Dirk Fischer -- Biological elicitors of plant secondary metabolites : mode of action and use in the production of nutraceutics / Simone Ferrari -- Hairy root cultures for secondary metabolites production / Laura Pistelli ... [et al.] --Plant tissue culture : an opportunity for the production of nutraceuticals / Mariella Lucchesini and Anna Mensuali-Sodi -- Plant cell cultures : bioreactors for industrial production / Barbara Ruffoni ... [et al.] -- Determination of the antioxidants' ability to scavenge free radicals using biosensors / Montserrat Cortina-Puig ... [et al.] -- Biosensors for the determination of phenolic metabolites / Simona Carmen Litescu, Sandra Eremia, and Gabriel Lucian Radu -- Methods for the determination of antioxidant capacity in food and raw materials / Simona Carmen Litescu, Sandra Eremia, and Gabriel Lucian Radu -- Analytical methods for the extraction and identification of secondary metabolite production in 'in vitro' plant cell cultures / Alessandra Bertoli ... [et al.] --Biosensors for functional food safety and analysis / Teresa Lavecchia, Arianna Tibuzzi, and Maria Teresa Giardi -- Biosensors for secondary metabolites, two case studies : ochratoxin A and microcystin / Monica Campàs, Beatriz Prieto-Simón And Régis Rouillon -- Biosensors as analytical tools in food fermentation industry / Lise Barthelmebs ... [et al.] -- An overview of the functional food market : from marketing issues and commercial players to future demand from life in space / Francesca Vergari, Arianna Tibuzzi, and Giovanni Basile -- Legislation on nutraceuticals and food supplements a comparison between regulations in USA and EU / Roberto Giunta, Giovanni Basile, and Arianna Tibuzzi.
- Bioactive compounds and cancer 2010, SpringerMonitoring the burden of cancer in the United States -- Cancer biology and nutrigenomics -- Cellular cancer processes and their molecular targets -- Nutrigenetics: the relevance of polymorphisms -- Diet and epigenetics -- Nutrient signaling-protein kinase to transcriptional activation -- Dietary energy balance, calorie restriction, and cancer prevention -- Fiber and microbially generated active components -- Gut microbiota, probiotics, prebiotics and colorectal cancer -- Meats, protein and cancer -- Saturated fatty acids and cancer -- Conjugated linoleic acid and cancer -- Cancer and n-3PUFAs: the translational connection -- n-6 polyunsaturated fatty acids and cancer -- Carotenoids -- Vitamin A -- Vitamin D and cancer chemoprevention -- Folate -- Selenium -- Calcium and cancer -- Iron and cancer -- Zinc in cancer development and prevention -- Cruciferous vegetables, isothiocyanates, indoles, and cancer prevention -- Garlic and cancer prevention -- Mammary and prostate cancer chemoprevention and mechanisms of action of resveratrol and genistein in rodent models -- Cancer prevention by catechins, flavonols, and procyanidins -- Mechanisms of action of isoflavones in cancer prevention -- The anticarcinogenic properties of culinary herbs and spices -- Cancer prevention with berries: role of athocyanins -- Pomegranate -- Alcohol and cancer: biological basis -- Aryl hydrocarbon receptor-mediated carcinogenesis and modulation by dietary xenobiotic and natural ligands -- Opportunities and challenges for communicating food and health relationships to American consumers.
- Bioactive dietary factors and plant extracts in dermatology 2013, Springer
- Bioactive food proteins and peptides 2012, CRCnetBASEFood proteins and peptides as bioactive agents -- Arvind Kannan, Navam Hettiarachchy, and Maurice Marshall -- Proteins and peptides as allergens -- Soichi Tanabe and A. Wesley Burks -- Properties and applications of antimicrobial proteins and peptides from milk and eggs -- Hannu J. Korhonen and Susanna Rokka -- Proteins and peptides as antioxidants -- Se-Kwon Kim ... [et al.] -- Mineral-binding peptides from food -- Saïd Bouhallab and Dominique Bouglé -- Food peptides as antihypertensive agents -- Amaya Aleixandre and Marta Miguel -- Therapeutic peptides as amino acid source -- Hironori Yamamoto and Masashi Kuwahata -- Hypolipidemic and hypocholesterolemic food proteins and peptides -- Chibuike C. Udenigwe and Rotimi E. Aluko -- Peptides and proteins increase mineral absorption and improve bone condition -- Hiroshi Kawakami -- Proteins and peptides for complicated disease types -- Kenji Sato -- Proteins and peptides improve mental health -- Kenji Sato -- Proteins and peptides as anticancer agents -- Harekrushna Panda, Aruna S. Jaiswal, and Satya Narayan -- Lunasin : a novel seed peptide with cancer preventive properties -- Chia-Chien Hsieh, Blanca Hernández-Ledesma, and Ben O. de Lumen -- Computer-aided optimization of peptide sequences and integrated delivery of selected peptides to targets: a case study on blood pressure of oldest-old patients -- Liping Wu ... [et al.].
- Bioactive peptides 2010, CRCnetBASE"Presenting data from human studies and trials, along with recent research findings, this work summarizes the applications, and benefits of bioactive peptides used to mitigate major metabolic derangements arising from chronic illnesses and resulting in unwanted weight loss. Recent studies show bioactive peptides to enhance the body's antioxidant status, antisepsis capacity, immune function, anti-inflammatory capacity, mineral absorption, and appetite. This book covers general principles, such as host response, quality factors, protein economics, and muscle loss. It includes case studies on ageing, AIDS, COPD, diabetes, inflammatory bowel disease, kidney failure, and tuberculosis."--Provided by publisher.
- Bone health in children 2012, CRCnetBASE"This book provides a rational basis for understanding how to ensure adequate bone health in children. It discusses the recommended dietary intakes of calcium and vitamin D in pediatric health as well as appropriate sources of these nutrients. The text presents information on the maintenance and improvement of bone health in children and adolescents. Chapters cover peak bone mass and prevention of bone loss diseases; bone formation; nutritional needs for calcium and vitamin D based on age; additional key nutrients needed for healthy bones; exercise and management of chronic illnesses; genetics and bone health; and future directions towards targeted dietary recommendations"--Provided by publisher.
- Breast-feeding 2009, Springer1. Growth and organ development / T.J. Cole -- 2. Nutrient transfer: mammary gland regulation / S.L. Kelleher, B. Lönnerdal -- 3. Micronutrient transfer: infant absorption / B. Lönnerdal, S. L. Kelleher -- 4. Developmental aspects of the mucosal immune system ... / P.L. Ogra -- 5. Infant feeding and growth / K.G. Dewey -- 6. Intestinal flora / C. Kunz, S. Kuntz, S. Rudloff -- 7. Transenteric signalling: mammary messages or white noise / L.T. Weaver -- 8. Immune function / L.Å. Hanson, ... et al. -- 9. Flavour programming during breast-feeding / J.A. Mennella -- 10. Methodological challenges in studying long-term effectors of breast-feeding / M.S. Kramer -- 11. Long term effects of early postnatal diet on adult health / S.E. Ozanne -- 12. Protective effect of breast-feeding against obesity in childhood ... / S. Arenz, R. Von Kries -- 13. Breast-feeding influences on later life - cardiovascular disease / D.A. Leon, G. Ronalds -- 14. Do infants who are breast-fed have an altered risk of developing cancer / R. Martin, G. Davey Smith, D.Gunnell --15. Effects of breast-feeding on cognitive function / K.F. Michaelsen, L. Lauritzen, E L. Mortensen -- 16. Developmental origins of osteoporotic fracture / C. Cooper, ... et al. -- 17. Long-term effects of breast-feeding on asthma and atopic disease / W.H. Oddy -- 18. Evolution of human lactation and complementary feeding: Implications for understanding contemporary cross-cultural variation / D.W. Sellen -- 19. Macy-György prize lecture: my milky way / L.Å. Hanson -- 20. Exclusive breast-feeding and HIV infection / L. Kasonka, S. Filteau, and The Breast-Feeding and Postpartum Health Project Team -- 21. Breast-feeding practices in relation to HIV in India / A.V. Shankar -- 22. Breast-feeding and HIV-1 infection: maternal health / P.A. Otieno -- 23. Early breast-feeding cessation and infant mortality in low-income countries: workshop summary / K.B. Simondon -- 24. Measuring trace immune factors in human milk: workshop summary / S. Filteau -- 25. Abstracts of poster presentations.
- Calcium in human health 2006, SpringerBone as the calcium nutrient reserve / Robert P. Heaney -- Cellular functions and fluxes of calcium / Emmanuel M. Awumey and Richard D. Bukoski -- Nutritional epidemiology / Carol J. Boushey -- Clinical approaches for studying calcium metabolism and its relationship to disease / Connie M. Weaver -- Kinetic studies / Meryl E. Wastney, Yongdong Zhao, and Connie M. Weaver -- Requirements for what endpoint / Robert P. Heaney -- Dietary calcium: recommendations and intakes around the world / Anne C. Looker -- Food sources, supplements, and bioavailability / Connie M. Weaver and Robert P. Heaney -- The calcium economy / Robert P. Heaney -- Molecular regulation of calcium metabolism / James C. Fleet -- Influence of total diet on calcium homeostasis / Zamzam K. (Fariba) Roughead -- Influence of lifestyle choices on calcium homeostasis : smoking, alcohol, and hormone therapies / D. Lee Alekel and Oksana Matvienko --Influence of physical activity on calcium and bone / Matthew Vukovich and Bonny Specker -- The case for a calcium appetite in humans / Michael G. Tordoff -- Infancy and childhood / Steven A. Abrams and Keli M. Hawthorne -- Pre-puberty and adolescence / Connie M. Weaver -- Calcium in pregnancy and lactation / Heidi J. Kalkwarf -- Calcium in systemic human health / Robert P. Heaney -- Calcium and oral health / Elizabeth A. Krall -- Dietary calcium and obesity / Dorothy Teegarden -- Polycystic ovarian syndrome and reproduction / Susan Thys-Jacobs -- Premenstrual syndrome / Susan Thys-Jacobs -- Calcium in the later years : osteoporosis / Bess Dawson-Hughes -- Calcium, vitamin D, and cancer / Peter R. Holt -- Dietary calcium and the metabolic syndrome / Dorothy Teegarden -- Calcium and phosphate control in patients with renal disease / David A. McCarron and Robert P. Heaney -- Hypertension and cardiovascular disease / David A. McCarron.
- Calorie restriction, aging, and longevity 2010, SpringerPart 1. CALORIE RESTRICTION IN DIFFERENT SPECIES -- History of Caloric Restriction, Aging and Longevity / Edward J. Masoro -- Food Intake, Life Style, Aging and Human Longevity / Arthur V. Everitt, Leonie K. Heilbronn and David G. Le Couteur -- Okinawa: A Naturally Calorie Restricted Population / Matthew W. Rosenbaum, Bradley J. Willcox, D. Craig Willcox and Makoto Suzuki -- Aging and the Effect of Calorie Restriction in Rhesus Monkeys / Ilhem Messaoudi, Jennifer E. Young, Ricki J. Colman, April M. Handy and George S. Roth, et al. -- Dietary Restriction and Aging in Drosophila Melanogaster / Luc Poirier, Rafael de Cabo and Sige Zou -- Aging and Dietary Restriction: The Yeast Paradigm / Min Wei, Federica Madia, Rafael de Cabo and Valter D. Longo -- The Nutritional Geometry of Aging / Stephen J. Simpson and David Raubenheimer -- Part 2. BIOCHEMICAL AND METABOLIC MECHANISMS OF CALORIE RESTRICTION -- Oxidative Stress, Dietary Restriction and Aging / Brian J. Merry and Catherine E. Ash -- Calorie Restriction Mimetics and Aging / Brian J. Morris -- Will Calorie Restriction Stave Off Age-Related Brain Dysfunction, Specifically to Learning and Memory? A Review and Critique of the Rodent Literature / Edward L. Spangler, Jeffrey Long, Bennett Kelley-Bell, Marshall Miller and Robin K. Minor, et al. -- The Aging Liver and the Effects of Long Term Caloric Restriction / David G. Le Couteur, David A. Sinclair, Victoria C. Cogger, Aisling C. McMahon and Alessandra Warren, et al. -- Food Restriction, Hormones, Genes and Aging / Arthur V. Everitt, Holly M. Brown-Borg, David G. Le Couteur and Andrzej Bartke -- Hormesis as a Mechanism for the Anti-Aging Effects of Calorie Restriction / Suresh I.S. Rattan and Dino Demirovic -- Part 3. CALORIE RESTRICTION IN THE CLINICAL SETTING -- Calorie Restriction and Obesity / Krista A. Varady -- Caloric Restriction and Cardiovascular Disease / Anna Csiszar, Rafael de Cabo and Zoltan Ungvari -- The Effect of Caloric Restriction on Physiological, Psychological and Behavioral Outcomes in Humans: Results from CALERIE / Leanne M. Redman and Eric Ravussin -- Calorie Restriction and Cancer: An Update / Robin K. Minor, R. Michael Anson and Rafael de Cabo -- Conclusion: Human Calorie Restriction and Anti-aging Therapy / Arthur V. Everitt, Leonie K. Heilbronn, Brian J. Morris, Holly M. Brown-Borg and Brian J. Merry, et al.
- Carbohydrates in food. 2nd ed. 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Cardiovascular diseases 2013, CRCnetBASE
- Carotenoids and human health 2013, Springer
- Carotenoids in health and disease 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Case studies in physiology and nutrition 2010, CRCnetBASE"Today's knowledge of human health demands a multidisciplinary understanding of medically related sciences, and Case Studies in the Physiology of Nutrition answers the call. Dedicated to the integration of nutrition science with physiology, this text cohesively incorporates descriptions of human problems in order to stimulate students' critical thinking about how the body integrates various physiological factors to maintain homeostasis. This textbook uses short story-type case studies about fictional individuals who have health problems in order to address a range of issues in an approachable manner. The studies vary in difficulty, with some being straightforward with very simple answers, while others require in-depth thinking and literature research to solve. Each study presents patient background, symptoms, clinical finding, and questions to ponder. Upon qualifying course adoption, this book also includes a valuable instructor's manual, which provides solutions to exercises, problem analysis, and resolution to each case study."--Publisher's description.
- Cheese. 3rd ed. v. 1-2, 2004., ScienceDirectv. 2 (2004) ScienceDirectv. 1. General aspects -- v. 2. Major cheese groups.
- Chemical and functional properties of food components. 3rd ed. 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Chemical and functional properties of food saccharides 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Chemistry and safety of acrylamide in food 2005, Springer
- Chocolate and health 2012, Springerp. 1-16. Chocolate as Medicine: A Changing Framework of Evidence Throughout History / Philip K. Wilson -- p. 17-31. Industrial Treatment of Cocoa in Chocolate Production: Health Implications / Herwig Bernaert, Ieme Blondeel, Leen Allegaert, Tobias Lohmueller -- p. 33-40. Biomarkers of Cocoa Consumption / Nasiruddin Khan, Nathalie M. Nicod -- p. 41-62. Botany and Pharmacognosy of the Cacao Tree / Maria Laura Colombo, Maria Teresa Pinorini-Godly, Ario Conti -- p. 63-75. Chocolate and Health: A Brief Review of the Evidence / Francesco Visioli, Elena Bernardini, Andrea Poli, Rodolfo Paoletti -- p. 77-85. Polyphenolic Antioxidants and Health / Lorenzo Loffredo, Francesco Violi -- p. 87-102. Acute Vascular Effects of Chocolate in Healthy Human Volunteers / Manuel Rusconi, Maria Grazia Rossi, Tiziano Moccetti, Ario Conti -- p. 103-113. Vascular and Platelet Effects of Cocoa / Isabella Sudano, Andreas J. Flammer, Georg Noll, Roberto Corti -- p. 115-125. Cocoa, Chocolate and Hypertension / Davide Grassi, Claudio Ferri -- p. 127-135. Cocoa, Chocolate and Blood Lipids / Claudio Galli -- p. 137-146. Psychological Drivers of Chocolate Consumption / Enrico Molinari, Edward Callus -- p. 147-153. Chocolate and Mood / Gordon B. Parker, Heather L. Brotchie.
- Chocolate in health and nutrition 2013, Springer[I] Historical Perspectives and Production -- p. 3-9. Pre-hispanic Use of Cocoa / Patricia L. Crown M.A., Ph.D. -- p. 11-21. History of the Medical Use of Chocolate / Donatella Lippi, Ph.D. -- p. 23-37. Cocoa and Its By-Products: Identification and Utilization / Emmanuel O. K. Oddoye, Ph.D., Christian K. Agyente-Badu, M.Phil. -- p. 39-60. The Microbiology of Cocoa Fermentation / Dennis S. Nielsen M.Sc., Ph.D., Michael Crafack M.Sc., Lene Jespersen M.Sc., Ph.D. -- p. 61-71. Fungi and Mycotoxin Occurrence in Cocoa / Marina Venturini Copetti Ph.D., Beatriz Thie Iamanaka Ph.D. -- p. 73-87. Nonnutritive Constituents in Chocolate and Cocoa / William I. Manton Ph.D. -- p. 89-101. Chocolate and Cocoa Aroma / Jürgen Voigt, Dipl.-Biol., Dipl.-Chem. -- [II] Composition of Chocolate Sources and Related Plant Components -- p. 105-117. Composition of Cacao Beans / Antonella Bertazzo Ph.D., Stefano Comai Ph.D., Francesca Mangiarini Ph.D. -- p. 119-124. Industrial and Home Processing of Cocoa Polyphenols / Rosa M. Lamuela-Raventos M.S., Ph.D., María Izquierdo-Pulido M.S., Ph.D. -- p. 125-133. Methods in Chocolate Analysis: Use of Atomic Spectrometric Techniques / Denise Bohrer Ph.D., Carine Viana Silva Ieggli Ph.D. -- p. 135-141. The Effects of Chocolate and Chocolate by-product Consumption on Wild and Domestic Animals / Brett David Gartrell BVSc., Ph.D., MACVSc. (Avian Health) -- p. 143-148. Chocolate Bars Based on Human Nutritional Requirements / Anthony A. Robson B.Sc., Ph.D. -- p. 149-161. Comparing Sunflower Stearins with Cocoa Butter / Joaquín J. Salas Ph.D., Chemistry, Miguel A. Bootello -- p. 163-176. Low-Calorie Chocolates and Acceptability/Sensory Properties / Lauro Melo Ph.D., Helena Maria André Bolini Ph.D. -- [III] Chocolate Metabolism and Activities in Culture -- p. 179-188. Polyphenols in Cocoa: From In Vitro Digestion to In Vivo Bioavailability / Nàdia Ortega Olivé Ph.D., Maria-José Motilva Casado D.Pharm., Ph.D. -- p. 189-200. The Effect of Chocolate on Human and Gut Microbial Metabolic Interactions: Emphasis on Human Health and Nutritional Status / François-Pierre J. Martin Ph.D., Sebastiano Collino Ph.D., Serge Rezzi Ph.D. -- p. 201-246. The Absorption, Metabolism, and Pharmacokinetics of Chocolate Polyphenols / Cesar A. Lau-Cam B.S., M.S., Ph.D. -- p. 247-262. Biological Activity of Cacao Husk and Mass Lignin-Carbohydrate Complexes / Hiroshi Sakagami Ph.D., Tomohiko Matsuta Ph.D. --[IV] Disease-Related Clinical Studies -- p. 265-275. Clinical Benefits of Cocoa: An Overview / Margarida Castell Ph.D., Francisco Jose Pérez-Cano Ph.D., Jean-François Bisson Ph.D. -- p. 277-287. Endothelial Control of Vascular Tone by Chocolate and Other Polyphenols / Cyril Auger Ph.D., Noureddine Idris-Khodja Pharm D, Ph.D. -- p. 289-301. Chocolate Flavonoids in the Prevention of Arterial Disease / Nancy J. Correa-Matos Ph.D., RD, LND, L/N, Catherine Christie Ph.D., RD, LD/N, FADA -- p. 303-311. Chocolate and Coronary Heart Disease / Imre Janszky M.D., Ph.D., Kenneth J. Mukamal M.D., MPH -- p. 313-325. Dark Chocolate and (Pre-)Hypertension / Karin Ried Ph.D., M.Sc., GDPH, Cert. Integrative Medicine -- p. 327-339. Polyphenol-Rich Cocoa and Chocolate: Potential Role in the Prevention of Diabetes / Suzana Almoosawi Ph.D., Emad Al-Dujaili B.Sc., Ph.D. -- p. 341-353. Polyphenol-Rich Dark Chocolate in Treatment of Diabetes Mellitus Risk Factors / Emad Al-Dujaili B.Sc., Ph.D., Catherine Tsang B.Sc. (Hons), MMedSci, Ph.D. -- p. 355-367. Chocolate and Cancer Prevention? / Gertraud Maskarinec M.D., Ph.D. -- p. 369-379. The Effects of Cocoa- and Chocolate-Related Products on Neurocognitive Functioning / W. David Crews Jr. Ph.D., David W. Harrison Ph.D., Kim P. Gregory M.A., Bon Kim B.S. -- p. 381-388. Flavonoid-Rich Chocolate and Cognitive Improvement / Eha Nurk M.D., M.Phil., Ph.D. -- p. 389-406. Cocoa and Chocolate: Chemistry, Biochemistry, and Beneficial Brain Effects / Maria Patrizia Carrieri Ph.D., Joe A. Vinson Ph.D. -- [V] Non-Disease-Related Clinical Studies -- p. 409-419. Chocolate: Mood / Marlene M. Millen M.D., Beatrice A. Golomb M.D., Ph.D. -- p. 421-435. Chocolate: Psychopharmacological Aspects, Mood, and Addiction / Nuno Rodrigues-Silva M.D. -- p. 437-447. Chocolate and Pain Tolerance / Kristina M. Eggleston, Integral Honors B.S. Psychology, Theresa White M.Sc., Ph.D. -- p. 449-456. Cocoa for Recovery / Kelly Pritchett Ph.D., RD., CSSD, Phillip A. Bishop B.S., M.S.Ed., Ed.D. -- p. 457-467. Chocolate and Withdrawal / Carla da Silva Benetti Ph.D., Prof. Patrícia Pelufo Silveira M.D., Ph.D. -- p. 469-477. Cues Linked to the Consumption of Chocolate: Orexin and Reward-Based Feeding Behaviors / Derrick L. Choi Ph.D., Jon F. Davis Ph.D., Stephen C. Benoit Ph.D. -- p. 479-489. Behavioral, Cognitive, and Affective Consequences of Trying to Avoid Chocolate -- p. 491-503. Chocolate and Children's Food and Flavor Preferences / Janet E. Standen-Holmes B.Sc., Graduate Certificate in Human Nutrition -- p. 505-515. Chocolate Use and Knowledge in Oral and Dental Health in Children / Emine Efe Ph.D., Selma Öncel Ph.D. -- p. 517-523. Acne and Chocolate: Is There Any Evidence of Their Association? / Adilson Costa M.D., M.Sc., Ph.D., Maria Carolina Fidelis, M.D. -- p. 525-539. Cocoa and Chocolate in Humans: The Rationale for Clinical Studies on Healthy Volunteers / Ario Conti Ph.D., Maria Teresa Pinorini-Godly, Dr.For.Sci., Maria Laura Colombo, Ph.D.
- Cholesterol and beyond 2010, Springer
- Chronic inflammation 2013, CRCnetBASE
- Getting the office ready for the patient / Robert F. Kushner -- Steps for the medical evaluation of the obese patient / Nawfal W. Istfan and Wendy A. Anderson -- Motivational interviewing and health behavior change counseling / Gary S. Rose, Judy C.C. Phillips, and Garry Welch -- Dietary therapy / Diana Cullum-Dugan and Cheryl Jesuit -- Exercise therapy for the overweight adult / John M. Jakicic, Amy D. Otto, and Kristen Polzien -- Pharmacologic therapy for obesity and overweight in adults and adolescents / Marie Thearle and Louis J. Aronne -- Surgical treatment of obesity / Alene J. Wright, Ranjan Sudan, and R. Armour Forse -- Gastrointestinal complications of bariatric surgery / Christopher S. Huang and Francis A. Farraye -- Follow-up strategies for the treatment of obesity in primary care settings / Valerie H. Myers and Donna H. Ryan --Maintenance: the ultimate goal / Rena R.Wing, Angela Marinilli Pinto, and Heather Niemeier -- A clinical guide to pediatric ambulatory weight management / Carine M. Lenders, Alan F. Meyers, and Holly Oh -- Behavioral health considerations for the management of pediatric obesity in primary care / Shaheen U. Lakhani ... [et al.] -- The community as a resource to support positive nutrition and physical activity behaviors in youth / Vivien Morris and Gita Rao.
- Colour in food 2002, CRCnetBASE
- An introduction to fasting, starvation, and food limitation / Marshall D. McCue -- A history of modern research into fasting, starvation, and inanition / Jean-Hervé Lignot and Yvon LeMaho -- Starvation in rotifers : physiology in an ecological context / Kevin L. Kirk -- Drosophila as a model for starvation : evolution, physiology, and genetics / Alen G. Gibbs and Lauren A. Reynolds -- Metabolic transitions during feast and famine in spiders / Johannes Overgaard and Tobias Wang -- Adaptation of the physiological, endocrine, and digestive system functions to prolonged food deprivation in fish / Nadav Bar and Helene Volkoff -- Starvation in subterranean species versus surface-dwelling species : crustaceans, fish, and salamanders / Frédéric Hervant -- Physiological responses to starvation in snakes : low energy specialists / Marshall D. McCue, Harvey B. Lillywhite, and Steven J. Beaupre -- Cardiovascular circuits and digestive function of intermittent-feeding sauropsids / Rike Campen and Matthias Starck -- Thermoregulatory adaptations to starvation in birds / Esa Hohtola -- Fasting in birds : general patterns and the special case of endurance flight / Susanne Jenni-Eiermann and Lukas Jenni -- Tissue-specific mass changes during fasting : the protein turnover hypothesis / Ulf Bauchinger and Scott R. McWilliams -- Seasonal changes in body mass and energy balance in wild small mammals / Xueying Zhang, Xinyu Liu, and Dehua Wang -- Changes in form and function of the gastrointestinal tract during starvation : from pythons to rats / Jehan-Hervé Lignot -- Changes in fatty acid composition during starvation in vertebrates : mechanisms and questions / Edwin R. Price and Teresa G. Valencak -- Physiological responses to fasting in bats / Miriam Ben-Hamo, Agustí Muñoz-Garcia, and Berry Pinshow -- Muscle protein and strength retention by bears during winter fasting and starvation / Hank Harlow -- Seasonal starvation in northern white-tailed deer / Duane E. Ullrey -- Fasting physiology of the pinnipeds : the challenges of fasting while maintaining high energy expenditure and nutrient delivery for lactation / Cory D. Champagne ... [et al.] -- The use and application of stable isotope analysis to the study of starvation, fasting, and nutritional stress in animals / Kent A. Hatch -- Fearing the danger point : the study and treatment of human starvation in the United Kingdom and India, c. 1880-1974 / Kevin Grant -- Quantitative physiology of human starvation : adaptations of energy expenditure, macronutrient metabolism, and body composition / Kevin D. Hall -- Alternate day fasting : effects on body weight and chronic disease risk in humans and animals / Krista A. Varady -- Horizons in starvation research/ Marshall D. McCue.
- Comprehensive handbook of iodine 2009, ScienceDirectAnalytical techniques -- General aspects of iodine sources and intakes in the diet, main routes of iodine metabolism and metabolic roles -- Pathological aspects of iodine deficiency -- Prevention and treatment of iodine deficiency disorders -- Damage and disease due to iodine toxicity -- Radiodine in the non-iodine deficient subject -- Other causes of hypothyroidism -- Geographical aspects of iodine deficiency disorders.
- Consumer-led food product development 2007, CRCnetBASEpt. 1. Understanding consumer food choice and acceptance: 1. Integrating consumer responses to food products / H.L. Meiselman -- 2. Sensory perception as a basis of food acceptance and consumption / H. Tuorila -- 3. How does culture affect choice of foods? / P. Rozin -- 4. Psychobiological mechanisms in food choice / M.R. Yeomans -- 5. How do risk beliefs and ethics affect food choice? / A. Saba -- 6. Consumer attitudes to food innovation and technology / M. Siegris -- pt. 2. Determining consumers' food-related attitudes for food product development -- 7. Methods to understand consumer attitudes and motivations in food product development / D. Buck -- 8. Using means-end chains to understand food consumers' knowledge structures / A. Krystallis -- 9. Consumer attitude measures and food product development / K. Bruns and K. G. Grunert -- 10. Measuring consumer expectations to improve food product development / A.V. Cardello -- 11. Boredom and the reasons why some new food products fail / E.P. Koster and J. Mojet -- 12. SensoEmotional optimisation of food products and brands / D. Thomson -- pt. 3. Methods for consumer-led food product development -- 13. Sensory research and consumer-led food product development / H. Stone and J.L. Sidel -- 14. Opportunity identification in new product development and innovation in food product development / E. van Kleef and H.C.M. van Trijp -- 15. Consumer-driven concept development and innovation in food product development / H. Moskowitz -- 16. Consumer testing of food products using children / R. Popper and J.J. Kroll -- 17. The use of just-about-right (JAR) scales in food product development and reformulation / L. Rothman -- 18. Conducting difference testing and preference trials properly for food product development / M. O'Mahony -- 19. Thurstonian probabilistic approaches to new food product development / J.F. Delwiche -- 20. Using auctions to estimate prices and value of food products / Y. Loheac and S. Issanchou-- 21. The use of partial least squares methods in new food product development / M. Martens ... [et al.] -- 22. Case study of consumer-oriented food product development: reduced-calorie foods / J. Bogue and D. Sorenson -- 23. Preference mapping and food product development / H. MacFie.
- CRC desk reference for nutrition. 2nd ed. 2005, CRCnetBASE
- CRC desk reference for nutrition. 3rd ed. 2011, CRCnetBASE"Terms of interest to the nutritionist are listed alphabetically. Included are medical terms, food science terms, metabolic terms, physiologic terms, drug terms, biotechnology terms and nutrition terms. Since Nutrition and Foods are integrated sciences not all of these terms will be useful to all readers. However, there should be a large number useful to many readers. The third edition provides many more terms than were provided in the earlier editions. A web address has been included to give the reader access to the extensive Tables of Food Composition maintained by USDA. In addition, a web address for Dietary Reference Intakes has been included to again provide the most current recommendations for nutrient intakes. These recommendations are in a state of flux. As the information base expands with respect to nutrient use and need, the DRIs are changed to reflect this newer knowledge. Included in this edition are the many drugs that are used to manage nutrition-related conditions. Cardiovascular disease, diabetes, hypertension, obesity, and so forth are diseases that, while incurable, are manageable. Many medical conditions have a nutrient component to their development as well as a genetic component and the major ones are described. Some of the rare genetic diseases relevant to nutrition and metabolism are also listed. Many drugs used in the management of chronic disease are of interest to the nutritionist so these drugs are listed."--Excerpts from publisher notes.
- CRC desk reference on sports nutrition 2005, CRCnetBASE
- This book addresses the impacts of current and future reproductive technologies on our world food production and provides a significant contribution to the importance of research in the area of reproductive physiology that has never been compiled before. It would provide a unique opportunity to separate the impacts of how reproductive technologies have affected different species and their contributions to food production. Lastly, no publication has been compiled that demonstrates the relationship between developments in reproductive management tools and food production that may be used a reference for scientists in addressing future research areas. During the past 50 years assisted reproductive technologies have been developed and refined to increase the number and quality of offspring from genetically superior farm animal livestock species. Artificial insemination (AI), estrous synchronization and fixed-time AI, semen and embryo cryopreservation, multiple ovulation and embryo transfer (MOET), in vitro fertilization, sex determination of sperm or embryos, and nuclear transfer are technologies that are used to enhance the production efficiency of livestock species.
- Dairy science and technology. 2nd ed. 2006, CRCnetBASE
- pt. 1. The effectiveness of controlled release and delivery systems -- pt. 2. Materials and techniques for controlled release and delivery of nutrients -- pt. 3. Delivery and controlled release of particular nutraceuticals -- pt. 4. Regulatory issues and future trends.
- Detecting allergens in food 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Determination of chemical elements in food 2007, Wiley
- Dictionary of food compounds with CD-ROM 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Dictionary of nutraceuticals and functional foods 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Diet and nutrition in palliative care 2011, CRCnetBASE
- Diet diversification and health promotion 2005, KargerFat intake, diet variety, and health promotion / Elmadfa, I., Freisling, H. -- Mixed diet in Europe : a historical overview / Spiekermann, U. -- Influences on food choice and dietary behavior / Shepherd, R. -- Age and gender dependent profile of food choice / Westenhoefer, J. -- Diversification in indigenous and ethnic food culture / Wahlqvist, M.L. -- Organic foods : do they have a role? / Kpke, U. -- Impact of 'functional food' / Guesry, P.R. -- The role of fortified foods : situation in Austria / Wagner, K.-H. ... [et al.] -- Attitudes of Austrian adults to the consumption of fruits and vegetables / Rust, P., Elmadfa, I. -- Health effects of phytoestrogens / Branca, F., Lorenzetti, S. -- Exploitation of convenience food in view of a diet diversification for better nutrition / Berghofer, E. -- Adulteration of foodstuffs : from misleading to poisoning / Bnti, D. -- Macro- and micronutrients in a traditional Greek menu / Trichopoulou, A., Vasilopoulou, E., Georga, K. -- Vegetarian diets : what are the advantages? / Leitzmann, C. -- Food safety and consumers' attitude in a new EU member state : a case study of Hungary / Bnti, D., Lakner, Z. -- Making the healthy choice an easy choice : from nutrition science to consumer action / Verschuren, P.M. -- Diversification and food choice, the consumer's view / Kettlitz, B.
- Diet quality. Volume 1-2 v. 1-2, 2013, Springervol. 2 Springer
- Diet, brain, behavior 2012, CRCnetBASEMental energy and fatigue : science and the consumer / Harris R. Lieberman -- Hydration and brain function / Kristen E. D'Anci -- Diet as an analgesic modality / Alexis M. Codrington, Yoram Shir, and John Pereira -- Breakfast and adult and children behaviors / Andrew P. Smith -- Diet, physical activity, and substrate oxidation : implications for appetite control, weight loss, and body composition / Mark Hopkins, Neil A. King, and John E. Blundell -- The reward deficiency hypothesis : implications for obesity and other eating disorders / Brenda M. Geiger, Erin N. Umberg, and Emmanuel N. Pothos -- Potential consequences of obesity on cognitive behavior / Nicole A. Jurdak and Robin B. Kanarek -- Dietary supplements for weight loss / Igho Onakpoya and Edzard Ernst -- Sweet taste preferences and cravings in gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM) : implications for diet and medical management / Beverly J. Tepper ... [et al.] -- Homocysteine, B vitamins, and cognitive function / Joshua W. Miller -- Creatine, brain functioning, and behavior / Patricia J. Allen, Kristen E. D'Anci, and Robin B. Kanarek -- Theanine, mood, and behavior / Jessica E. Smith and Peter J. Rogers -- Caffeine : practical implications / Andrew P. Smith -- Caffeine effects on aggression and risky decision making / Caroline R. Mahoney, Tad T. Brunyé, and Grace E. Giles.
- Diet, nutrients, and bone health 2012, CRCnetBASE"Presenting recent advancements in research findings and the resulting new schools of thought on the physiology of human bone, this comprehensive reference examines information on dietary pattern and specific nutrients in bone health. Written by experts in the areas of nutrition, bone function, and medicine, chapters include research on a variety of bone-related topics including effects of vitamins, nutrients, and antioxidants; dietary requirements; physical exercise; bone hormones; lifestyle and effects through the life cycle; race and ethnicity; and prevention of bone diseases including osteopenia and osteoporosis"--Provided by publisher.
- Dietary components and immune function 2010, Springer
- Dietary fats and risk of chronic disease 2006, CRCnetBASELipid analysis and lipidomics / Magdi M. Mossoba ... [et al.], editors -- An overview of modern mass spectrometry methods in the toolbox of lipid chemists and biochemists / R. Moreau --Techniques and applications in lipid analysis / Nils Hinrichsen and Hans Steinhart -- Recent advances in silver-ion HPLC utilizing acetonitrile in hexane as solvent / R.O. Adlof -- TLC-FID with special reference to marine lipids and other high-molecular-weight organic compounds / R.G. Ackman and A. Timmins -- Analysis of trans-18:1 fatty acids by silver ion HPLC / P. Delmonte and M.P. Yurawecz -- Lipid separations using packed-column SFC / D.G. Hayes -- LC-MS and chiral separation / A. Kuksis -- LC-MS and lipid oxidation / A. Kuksis -- Structural analysis of unsaturated fatty acid methyl ester isomers with acetonitrile covalent adduct chemical ionization (CACI) / J.T. Brenna -- Fast GC for cellular FAME analysis of bacteria / J.S. Buyer -- Use of cellular fatty acids to identify food-borne pathogens by infrared spectroscopy and capillary GC / M.M. Mossoba -- Infrared spectroscopy and partial least square calibration in the simultaneous quantification of isolated trans and conjugated linoleic acids / Alfred A. Christy -- Global cellular lipidome analyses by shotgun lipidomics using multidimensional mass spectrometry / X. Han and R.W. Gross -- Waxes and sterols / E.J. Paris and A.D. Bell -- Analysis of biological tissue and edible fat / J.K.G. Kramer -- Investigation of protein-lipid interactions by vibrational spectroscopy / E.C.Y. Li-Chan, G. Meng, and N.K. Howell -- Fat replacers / W.E. Artz -- High-performance size-exclusion chromatography for lipid analysis in organic media / M.C. Dobarganes and G. Marquez-Ruiz -- Phospholipids / M.C. Erickson.
- Dietary fiber and health 2012, CRCnetBASE"Preface: Fiber offers a variety of health benefits and is essential to reduce the risk of such chronic diseases as diabetes, obesity, cardiovascular disease, and diverticulitis. According to the Institute of Medicine (IOM), adequate intake (AI) of total fiber should be 14 g/1000 kcal. The IOM recommendation is joined by those from a variety of government public health agencies that promote increased fiber consumption, but a majority of people in developed countries still fall short of recommended values. On average, Americans consume only half of required intake, and approximately 90% of the U.S. population fails to meet AI goals. The problem stems largely from the fact that most conventional high-fiber foods are not tasty. Their organoleptic properties lack the kind of sensory attributes that people seek in the foods they eat. This makes it imperative for food companies to formulate tasty foods with high fiber content to improve population-wide consumption. Many have done so with new fiber ingredients that satisfy consumer demands while also delivering the health benefits of fiber. This book discusses findings from the Ninth Vahouny Fiber Symposium, which was held in Bethesda, Maryland, in June 2010. It includes a definition of fiber developed through expert consensus and delves into the many health benefits of fiber, including its prebiotic effects and roles in weight management, glycemic control, cardiovascular health, and intestinal regularity. It also reviews a variety of fiber ingredients that can be used in many appealing foods. The book provides details of claim opportunities for fiber ingredients and fiber-containing foods as well as a list of global suppliers of these ingredients. It is designed for use by food product developers, nutritionists, dietitians, and regulatory agencies"--Provided by publisher.
- Dietary omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids and cancer 2010, Springer
- Dietary protein and resistance exercise 2012, CRCnetBASE"There has been a long standing controversy in the field of sports nutrition regarding the role of protein and protein metabolism in muscle development and athletic performance. The understanding of protein nutrition has changed dramatically over the last decade and this book aims to clarify and modernize the topic. This book presents the efficacy, safety, and recommendations of protein intake among strength athletes. Including case studies, the text covers historical perspectives of protein use; safety of high protein diets; specific protein types and timing of intake; weight control using protein; protein synthesis and breakdown; and nitrogenous compounds/supplements"--Provided by publisher.
- Dietary proteins and atherosclerosis 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Dietary reference intakes 2003, NAP
- Dietary reference intakes for energy, carbohydrate, fiber, fat, fatty acids, cholesterol, protein, and amino acids 2005, NAP
- Introduction to dietary reference intakes -- Overview and methods -- A model for the development of tolerable upper intake levels -- Water -- Potassium -- Sodium and chloride -- Sulfate -- Applications of dietary reference intakes for electrolytes and water -- A research agenda.
- Dietary supplement use in the elderly 2003, NLMThe goals of the conference were to review the current status of the science related to dietary supplement use in the elderly. The outcomes of the conference will help guide the NIH in the development of future research initiatives in this area.
- Dietary supplements 2004, NAPApproaches used by others and existing safety frameworks -- The framework -- Categories of scientific evidence--human information and data -- Categories of scientific evidence--animal data -- Categories of scientific evidence--information about related substances -- Categories of scientific evidence--in vitro data -- Interactions -- Vulnerable groups and prevalence of use -- Scientific principles for integrating and evaluating the available data -- Applying the framework: case studies using the prototype safety monographs -- Factors influencing use of the safety framework -- Findings and recommendations.
- Drivers of innovation in pediatric nutrition 2010, KargerInnovations in infant milk feeding : from the past to the future / Koletzko, B. -- Novel insights into human lactation as a driver of infant formula development / Lønnerdal, B. -- The clinical challenge of preventing and treating malnutrition / Cooper, P.A. -- Progress of enteral feeding practice over time : moving from energy supply to patient-and disease-adapted formulationse / Koletzko, S. -- Molecular mechanisms of pediatric nutrition / Rümmele, F. -- Epidemiological research drives a paradigm shift in complementary feeding : the celiac disease story and lessons learnt / Nordyke, K. ... [et al.] -- Technological progress as a driver of innovation in infant foods / Ferruzzi, M.G.; Neilson, A.P. -- Health economic perspectives of pediatric malnutrition : determinants of innovative progress / Spieldenner, J. -- Economic perspectives on pediatric obesity : impact on health care expenditures and cost-effectiveness of preventive interventions / John, J. -- Sustainable clinical research, health economic aspects, and marketing : drivers of product innovation / Haschke, F.; Klassen-Wigger, P. -- Evaluation of dietetic product innovations : the relative role of preclinical and clinical studies / Makrides, M.; Gibson, R.A. -- Regulatory environment and claims : limits and opportunities / Martin, A. -- The role of consumers / Raats, M.M. -- Bioethics and innovation in pediatric nutrition research / Solomons, N.W. -- The role of pediatricians as innovators in pediatric nutrition / Greer, F.R. -- Promoting innovation in pediatric nutrition / Bier, D.M.
- Early nutrition 2011, KargerAnimal studies of the effects of early nutrition on long-term health / Harding, J.E. ... [et al.] -- Dietary lipid quality and long-term outcome / Novak, E.M., Keller, B.O. and Innis, S.M. -- How proteins improve the development of preterm infants / Corpeleijn, W.E. ... [et al.] -- The knowns and unknowns of human milk banking / Simmer, K. -- Short- and long-term effects of probiotics administered early in life / Szajewska, H. -- New findings from the feeding infants and toddlers study 2008 / Siega-Riz, A.M. ... [et al.] -- Weaning practices in other parts of the world : case study India / Agarwal, K.N. -- Weaning practices in other parts of the world : case study Russia / Baturin, A.K. -- Micronutrient deficiencies and effect of supplements on correcting them / Zlotkin, S. -- Food allergy and complementary feeding / Shreffler, W.G. and Radano, M. -- Early feeding : setting the stage for healthy eating habits / Mennella, J.A. and Ventura, A.K. -- Early feeding practices and development of food allergies / Lack, G. and Penagos, M. -- Learning to prefer the familiar in obesogenic environments / Birch, L.L. and Anzman-Frasca, S. -- Early feeding practices and their impact on development of celiac disease / Fasano, A. and Catassi, C. -- Infant feeding practices and subsequent development of adipose tissue / Stettler, N. -- Early life nutrition and bone development in children / Jones, G. -- IGF-I signaling and effects on longevity / Holzenberger, M.
- What is the EU infant nutrition cluster? -- Early nutrition and its later consequences: new opportunities -- The developmental origins of adult health and well-being -- Long term effects of breastfeeding on the infant and mother -- Experimental evidence for long-term programming effects of early diet -- Candidate genes for obesity--how might they interact with environment and diet? -- Rate of growth in early life: a predictor of later health? -- Protective effect of breast-feeding against obesity in childhood-- Discussion forum: from innovation to implementation -- Challenges and opportunities in pan-European collaboration for researchers from Central and Eastern Europe -- Best practice in communicating the results of European research to the public -- Longterm effects of pre- and postnatal exposure to low and high dietary protein levels / Cornelia C. Metges -- Protein intake in the first year of life: a risk factor for later obesity? -- The role of long-chain poly-unsaturated fatty acids (LCPUFA) in growth and development -- Experimental models for studying perinatal lipid metabolism -- Effect of N-3 polyunsaturated fatty acid supplementation in pregnancy: the Nuheal trial --Young researchers' workshop -- Consumer needs regarding dietetic products for pregnant and lactating women and for baby foods -- Focus group: breakfast meeting: SMES and their co-operation with academia -- Ethical issues in perinatal nutrition research -- Early programming of diabetes risk--an introduction -- Early nutrition and later diabetes risk -- Is type 1 diabetes a disease of the gut immune system triggered by cow's milk insulin? -- Gluten-free diet in subjects at risk for type 1 diabetes: a tool for delaying progression to clinical disease? -- Insulin like growth factor regulation of body mass in breastfed and milk formula fed infants -- Inverse association between trans isomeric and long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids in erythrocyte membrane lipids in pregnant women -- Comparison of essential fatty acid status among German, Hungarian and Spanish women at mid-gestation -- Trans isomeric fatty acids as confounding variables in studies on perinatal LC-PUFA supply -- An eight years prospective study of iron deficiency anaemia in infancy -- New insights in the potential mechanism of action of nucleotides to modulate immunity -- Thriving of malnourished breastfed infants after additional formula milk feeding -- Role of mammary gland lipoprotein lipase in the availablilty of polyunsaturated fatty acids for milk synthesis -- Is the crying behaviour in infants up to the age of 3 months influenced by the type of early nutrition? -- Dietary gangliosides: beneficial effects for the neonate and potential mechanism of action -- Leptin in breast-fed and formula-fed infants -- Dietary fatty acids during pregnancy determines maternal fatty acid profile during late pregnancy and their availability to the fetus even during fasting condtions --Effects of oil-supplemented diets on liver expression of PPAR alpha-related genes in pregnant rats -- Effect of a new infant formula enriched with prebiotics, probiotics, nucleotides and LC-PuFA on recovery after infection -- Does habitual protein intake in early childhood influence age and body mass index at adiposity rebound? -- Dietary compliance in diabetes prevention project in Finland -- Changes of plasma fatty acid profile and antioxidant vitamins during normal pregnancy -- Optimal design for the recruitment of participants as a factor for the effective implementation of a clinical trial -- The effect of ponderal index on plasma concentration of insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1) in neonatal pigs -- Effects of prenatal exposure to low and high dietary protein levels on maternal and fetal amino acid metabolism in rats -- Cow's milk introduction in Spanish infants -- Longer term effects of early cholesterol intake on cholesterol biosynthesis and plasma lipids: a randomized clinical trial -- Patterns of growth and energy utilization of the diet after a period of dietary restriction during the weaning period -- Infant formula feeding pattern and weaning introduction in Spanish infants -- Visual evoked potentials in infants after dietary supply of docosahexaenoic acid and 5-methyltetrahydrofolate during pregnancy -- Electronic data capture and use of internet technologies in a double-blind randomised intervention trial -- Breastfeeding and baby friendly hospital initiative in Slovenia -- Nutritional status in young adults with screen-detected silent/sub-clinical coeliac disease --Liporotein lipase (LPL) MRNA expression in placentas from normal and IUGR (intrauterine growth restricted) pregnancies by real-time PCR -- Maternal fasting effect on neonatal health -- The quality of schoolchildren's nutrition in Serbia -- Tendency towards obesity in Sydney school children -- Monitoring and supervising a dietary intervention trial using modern data processing system -- Analysis of drop-outs in a longitudinal study -- Recruitment strategies of the Spanish group in the "EU childhood obesity: programming by infant nutrition" -- Diet and nutritional risk factors in schoolchildren -- Influence of two forms of caseinophosphopeptide on iron bio availability -- Model of childhood obesity primary prevention programme -- Problems related to recruitment of participants for the triger project -- Vitamin D status at birth in Brussels--preliminary results -- Obesity among young adolescent Kuwaitis -- Dynamic changes in adiposity from fetal to postnatal life are involved in the adult metabolic syndrome associated with reduced fetal growth -- Excess fetal adiposity is associated with programming of placental lipid genes -- Appetite control in breastfed and formula fed infants -- What are the Danone Institutes.
- Eating disorders in women and children 2001, CRCnetBASE
- The magnitude of the problem of malnutrition in Europe / Kondrup, J. -- Malnutrition in North America : where have we been? Where are we going? / Jensen, G. -- The economics of malnutrition / Elia, M. -- The need for consistent criteria for identifying malnutrition / Hoffer, J. -- Enteral nutrition reimbursement : the rationale for the policy : the US perspective / Parver, A.K. -- Enteral nutrition reimbursement : the rationale for the policy : the German perspective / Pahne, N. -- Food modification versus oral liquid nutrition supplementation / Silver, H. -- Cost-effectiveness analysis and health policy / Torgerson, D. -- Implementing nutritional standards : the Scottish experience / McKinlay, A. -- Innovative models for clinical nutrition and financing / Van Emelen, J. -- ENHA : what is it and what does it do? Reimbursement is not the solution / De Man, F. -- Brief history of parenteral and enteral nutrition in the hospital in the USA / Bistrian, B. -- What went right? The story of US Medicare medical nutrition therapy / Patrick, S.
- Elite young athlete 2011, KargerA key resource for coaches, scientists and clinicians.
- Emerging societies 2009, KargerGlobal changes in diet and activity patterns as drivers of the nutrition transition / Popkin, B.M. -- Regional case studies : India / Reddy, K.S. -- Regional case studies : China / Yin, S. -- Regional case studies : Africa / Prentice, A.M. -- Obesity in emerging nations : evolutionary origins and the impact of a rapid nutrition transition / Prentice, A.M. -- Prenatal origins of undernutrition / Christian, P. -- Postnatal origins of undernutrition / Prost, M.-A. -- Malnutrition, long-term health, and the effect of nutritional recovery / Sawaya, A.L. ... [et al.] -- The role of epigenetics in mediating environmental effects on phenotype / Morgan, D.; Whitelaw, E. -- Metabolism of methionine in vivo : impact of pregnancy, protein restriction, and fatty liver disease / Kalhan, S.C. -- Adiposity and comorbidities : favorable impact of caloric restriction / Ravussin, E.; Redman, L.M. -- Obesity, inflammation, and macrophages / Subramanian, V.; Ferrante, A.W., Jr. -- Obesity, hepatic metabolism and disease / Edmison, J.M.; Kalhan, S.C.; McCullough, A.J. -- Imperative of preventive measures addressing the life-cycle / Yajnik, C.S. -- New approaches to optimizing early diets / Polberger, S. -- Prevention of low birthweight / Alam, D.S. -- Community-based approaches to address childhood undernutrition and obesity in developing countries / Shetty, P.
- Encapsulated and powdered foods 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Encyclopedia of foods 2002, ScienceDirectThe definitive resource for what to eat for maximum health, as detailed by medical and nutritional experts, "Encyclopedia of Foods" makes the connection between health, disease, and the food people eat.
- Essentials of creatine in sports and health 2008, SpringerAn overview of creatine metabolism / Jeff S. Volek, Kevin D. Ballard, and Cassandra E. Forsythe -- Creatine supplementation in strength-power sports / Darryn S. Willoughby -- Creatine supplementation in endurance sports / Joel P. Cramer -- Creatine supplementation and woman athletes / Joan Eckerson -- Creatine consumption and health / Jacques R. Poortmans and Marc Francaux -- Clinical application / Joseph Weir -- Creatine overview : facts, fallacies, and future / Mike Greenwood.
- European nutrition and health report 2004 2005, KargerExecutive summary -- Outlook -- Trends of average food supply in the European Union -- Food availability at the household level in the European Union -- Energy and nutrient intake in the European Union -- Health indicators and status in the European Union -- General discussion.
- European nutrition and health report 2009 2009, KargerExecutive summary -- Outlook -- Project background and methodological aspects -- Trends of average food supply in the European Union -- Food availability at the household level in the European Union -- Food consumption in adults on the basis of dietary surveys in European countries -- Energy and nutrient intake in the European Union -- Health and lifestyle indicators in the European Union -- Food and nutrition policies in European countries -- General discussion -- National reports.
- Evidence-based research in pediatric nutrition 2013, KargerImportance of systematic reviews and meta-analyses in pediatric nutrition / Szajewska, H. -- Strengths and weaknesses of observational nutritional trials / Patro-Go B., Szajewska, H. -- Scientific standards for human intervention trials evaluating health benefits of foods, and their application to infants, children, and adolescents / Woodside, J.V., Koletzko, B.V., Patterson, C.C., Welch, R.W. -- Early nutrition and health : short- and long-term outcomes / Gruszfeld, D., Socha, P. -- Probiotics, prebiotics, and dietary fiber in the management of functional gastrointestinal disorders / Horvath, A., Szajewska, H. -- Growing-up milk : a necessity or marketing? / Przyrembel, H, Agostoni, C. -- Cow's milk and goat's milk / Turck, T. -- The timing of introduction of complementary foods and later health / Agostoni, C., Przyrembel, H. -- Dietary interventions for primary allergy prevention -- what is the evidence? / von Berg, A. -- Vitamin and mineral supplementation of term infants : are they necessary? / Lubetzky, R., Mandel, D., Mimouni, F.B. -- Enteral nutrition / Kolaek, S. -- Celiac disease -- prevention strategies through early infant nutrition / Chmielewska, A., Szajewska, H., Shamir, R. -- Interventions for treating obesity in children / De Miguel-Etayo, P., Bueno, G., Garagorri, J.M., Moreno, L.A.
- Fatty acids in foods and their health implications. 3rd ed. 2008, CRCnetBASE
- FDA administrative enforcement manual 2005, CRCnetBASE
- FDA-speak. 2nd ed. 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Feeding during late infancy and early childhood 2005, KargerThe role of immune tolerance in allergy prevention / Fritsché, R. -- Prevention of food allergy during late infancy and early childhood / Schmitz, J. -- Celiac disease: effect of weaning on disease risk / Hernall, O. ... [et al.] -- Gut microbiota in infants between 6 and 24 months of age / Salminen, S., Gueimonde, M. -- Malabsorption of carbohydrates / Kneepkens, C.M.F., Hoekstra, J.H. -- Chronic nonspecific diarrhea of childhood / Kleinman, R.E. -- Development of motility / Staiano, A., Boccia, G. -- Motility and allergy / Bueno, L. -- The role of dietary fiber in childhood and its application in pediatric gastroenterology / Kokke, F.T.M., Taminiau, J.A.J.M., Benninga, M.A. --Early influences on taste preferences / Leathwood, P., Maier, A. -- Junk food or "junk eating"? / Gracey, M. -- Does nutrition during infancy and early childhood contribute to later obesity via metabolic imprinting of epigenetic gene regulatory mechanisms? / Waterland, R.A. -- Long-term effects of weaning habits: type-1 diabetes / Vaarala, O. -- What is known? Short-term and long-term effects of complementary feeding / Michaelsen, K.F. -- Educational recommendations for processed foods for infant feeding / Aggett, P. -- Recommendations for physicians and parents / Heymans, H.
- Fenaroli's Handbook of flavor ingredients. 5th ed. 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Fish, Omega 3 and human health. 2nd ed. 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Flavonoids and related compounds 2012, CRCnetBASEBioavailability of flavanones / Mireia Urpi-Sarda ... [et al.] -- Bioavailability of dietary monomeric and polymeric flavan-3-ols / Alan Crozier, Michael N. Clifford, and Daniele Del Rio -- Anthocyanins : understanding their absorption and metabolism / Ronald L. Prior -- Bioavailability of flavonols and flavones / Mariusz Konrad Piskula, Kaeko Murota, and Junji Terao -- Bioavailability of isoflavones in humans / Aedín Cassidy, José Peñalvo, and Peter Hollman -- Dietary hydroxycinnamates and their bioavailability / Angelique Stalmach, Gary Williamson, and Mike Clifford -- Bioavailability of dihydrochalcones / Elke Richling -- Occurrence, bioavailability, and metabolism of resveratrol / Paola Vitaglione, Stefano Sforza, and Daniele Del Rio -- Bioavailability and metabolism of ellagic acid and ellagitannins / Mar Larrosa ... [et al.] -- Colon-derived microbial metabolites of dietary phenolic compounds / Anna-Marja Aura -- Synthesis of dietary phenolic metabolites and isotopically labeled dietary phenolics / Denis Barron ... [et al.] -- Interactions of flavan-3-ols within cellular signaling pathways / Cesar G. Fraga and Patricia I. Oteiza -- Flavonoids and vascular function / Ana Rodriguez-Mateos and Jeremy P.E. Spencer -- Effects of flavonoids on the vascular endothelium : what is known and what is next? / Antje R. Weseler and Aalt Bast -- Green tea flavan-3-ols and their role in protecting against Alzheimer's and Parkinson's disease pathophysiology / Orly Weinreb ... [et al.] -- Flavonoids and neuroinflammation / David Vauzour and Katerina Vafeiadou -- Effects of flavonoids on cognitive performance / Shibu M. Poulose and Barbara Shukitt-Hale -- Flavonoids and oral cancer / Thomas Walle -- Flavonoids and cancer-effects on dna damage / Piyawan Sitthiphong ... [et al.].
- Flaxseed in human nutrition. 2nd ed. 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Fluid and electrolytes in pediatrics 2010, Springer
- Folate in health and disease. 2nd ed. 2010, CRCnetBASEFolate chemistry and metabolism / Barry Shane -- Folate bioavailability / Helene McNulty, Kristina Pentieva -- Folate biochemical pathways and their regulation / Patrick Stover -- Genetic variation : effect on folate metabolism and disease/birth defect risk / Karen Christensen, Rima Rozen -- Folate in pregnancy and lactation / Tsunenobu Tamura, Mary Frances Picciano, Michelle Kay McGuire -- Folate status and birth defect risk : epidemiological perspective / Charlotte Hobbs ... [et al.] -- Folate-related birth defects : embryonic consequences of abnormal folate transport and metabolism / Deeann Wallis ... [et al.] -- Folic acid fortification : neural tube defect risk reduction-global perspective / R.J. Berry, Heather Hamner, Joseph Mulinaire -- Folate and cancer : epidemiological perspective / Jia Chen ... [et al.] -- Folate and carcinogenesis : basic mechanisms / Eric Ciappio, Joel Mason -- Folate and vascular disease : epidemiological perspective / Sari Kalin, Eric Rimm --Folate and vascular disease : basic mechanisms / Luciana Hannibal, Alla V. Glushchenko, Donald W. Jacobsen -- Folate and neurological function : epidemiological perspective / Martha S. Morris, Paul Jacques -- Folate and neurological disease : basic mechanisms / Terry Bottiglieri, Edwards H. Reynolds -- Folate and vitamin B12 interactions : metabolic and potential health implications / Anne Molloy -- Clinical folate deficiency / Sally Stabler -- Influence of alcohol on folate status and methionine metabolism in relation to alcoholic liver disease / Charles Halsted, Valentina Medici, Farah Esfandiari -- Folate and choline interrelationships : metabolic and potential health implications / Marie Caudill -- Folate : recommended intakes, consumption, and status / Gail Kauwell, Megan L. Diaz, Lynn B. Bailey -- Kinetics of folate and one-carbon metabolism / Jesse F. Gregory III, Vanessa da Silva, Yvonne Lamners -- Folate analytical methodology / Christine Pfeiffer, Zia Fazili, and Mindy Zhang.
- Acute topics in sport nutrition ........
- — Folate in health and disease. 2nd ed. ..
- Food additives. 2nd ed., rev. and exp...
- — Methods of analysis of food component...
- Microbial stress adaptation and food ...
- — Pharmacotherapy of obesity .............
- Physical activity, dietary calorie re...
- — Yeasts in food and beverages ...........
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases