Books by Subject
- Acute topics in sport nutrition ........
- — Food chemical safety Vol. 2, Additive...
- Food consumption and disease risk ......
- — Nutrients, dietary supplements, and n...
- Nutrients, stress, and medical disord...
- — Spirulina in human nutrition and heal...
- Sports drinks ..........................
- — Yeasts in food and beverages ...........
- Nutrients, stress, and medical disorders 2005, SpringerStress revisited: a methodological and conceptual history / Martha M. Faraday -- Experimental protocols for the study of stress in animals and humans / Carla Gambarana -- Neurobiological foundations of stress / Michael R. Foy ... [et al.] -- The beneficial effects of fruit and vegetable supplementation on neuronal signaling and behavior in aging: beyond antioxidants / J.A. Joseph, B. Shukitt-Hale, and G. Casadesus -- Effects of stress and nutrition on blood-brain barrier functions / Akihiko Urayama and William A. Banks -- Essential fatty acids and stress / Shlomo Yehuda, Sharon Rabinovitz, and David I. Mostofsky -- Stress, glucocorticoids, and the brain / R.H. deRijk and E.R. de Kloet -- Herbal products, stress, and the mind / David Wheatley -- Stress and food craving / Sharon Rabinovitz -- Stress, alcohol consumption, and the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis / Maria M. Glavas and Joanne Weinberg -- Influences on diet and stress across space and time: a contextual perspective / Daniel Kim and Ichiro Kawachi -- Nutrition and stress and the developing fetus / Rinat Armony-Sivan and Arthur I. Eidelman -- Lipids and depression / Basant K. Puri -- Nicotine, sleep, and depression / Javier Velázquez-Moctezuma and René Drucker-Colín -- Aggresssion, fish oil, and noradrenergic activity / Tomohito Hamazaki -- Stress in the pathogenesis of eating disorders and obesity / Gal Dubnov and Elliot M. Berry -- Effect of dietary hypercholesteremia on host immune response / Roger M. Loria -- Treatment of Huntington's disease with eicosapentaenoic acid / Basant K. Puri -- Major stressors in women's health: the role of nutrition / Adrianne Bendich and Ronit Zilberboim -- Long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids and metabolic syndrome X / Undurti N. Das -- Dietary management of stress using amino acid supplements / Miro Smriga and Kunio Torii -- Conditioned nutritional requirements of the failing heart / Michael J. Sole -- Polyunsaturated fatty acids and neuro-inflammation / Sophie Layé and Robert Dantzer -- Pathophysiological effects of inflammatory mediators and stress on distinct memory systems / Lisa A. Teather -- The interactions between nutrition and inflammatory stress throughout the life cycle / Robert F. Grimble.
- Nutrigenetics and nutrigenomics 2004, Karger
- Nutrigenomics 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Nutrigenomics--opportunities in Asia 2007, KargerNutrition in the 'omics' era / J.A. Milner -- Nutrigenetics / A. El-Sohemy -- Epigenomics and nutrition / L. Cobiac -- Early nutrition: impact on epigenetics / J.C. Mathers -- Nutrition and genome health / M. Fenech -- Nutrition: ethics and social implications / I.H. Slamet-Loedin, U.A. Jenie -- Proteomics / V. Thongboonkerd -- Diet and genomic stability / G.P. Young -- High-throughput genotyping / J.E. Lee -- Nutrient-gene interactions in lipoprotein metabolism - overview / J.M. Ordovas, D. Corella, J. Kaput -- The genetics of lipoprotein metabolism and heart disease / E.S. Tai -- Gene-environment interactions and the diabetes epidemic in India / V. Mohan ... [et al.] -- Gene expression in low glycemic index diet - impact on metabolic control / E. Takeda ... [et al.] -- Genetic polymorphisms in folate-metabolizing enzymes and risk of gastroesophageal cancers: a potential nutrient-gene interaction in cancer development / D. Lin ... [et al.] -- Dietary quercetin inhibits proliferation of lung carcinoma cells / H. Hung -- Osteoporosis: the role of genetics and the environment / B. Ongphiphadhanakul -- Application of nutrigenomics in eye health / C. Delcourt -- Nutrigenomics of taste - impact on food preferences and food production / A. El-Sohemy ... [et al.] -- Prospects for improving the nutritional quality of dairy and meat products / S.G. Coffey -- Functionality of probiotics - potential for product development / J. Dekker ... [et al.] -- Developing the promise of nutrigenomics through complete science and international collaborations / J. Kaput -- ILSI's first international conference on nutrigenomics: oppotunities in Asia / R.F. Florentino.
- Nutrition and aging 2002, KargerThe Mitochondrial Genome, Aging and Neurodegenerative Disorders / D.A. Cottrell, D.M. Turnbull (Newcastle upon Tyne) -- Effects of Caloric Restriction on Gene Expression / R. Weindruch, T. Kayo, C.-K. Lee, T.A. Prolla (Madison, Wisc.) -- Early Life Effects on Aging / A. Aihie Sayer, C. Cooper (Southampton) -- Impaired Regulation of Energy Intake in Old Age / S.B. Roberts (Boston, Mass.) -- Aging and Body Composition / J.J. Kehayias (Boston, Mass.) -- Insulin Resistance: A Genetic Approach. Overview / M.T. Martinez Larrad, J.L. Gonzalez Sanchez, M. Serrano Rios (Madrid) -- Functional Changes in the Gastrointestinal System / S. Hirsch, M.P. de la Maza (Santiago) -- The Impact of Nutrition on Bone Health: New Concepts / P. Burckhardt (Lausanne) -- Nutrition and Cognition in Older Persons / J.E. Morley (St. Louis, Mo.) -- Known Related Effects of Nutrition on Aging Muscle Function / H. Payette (Sherbrooke) -- Exercise, Sarcopenia, Cognition, and Mood / R. Roubenoff (Boston, Mass.) -- The 2001 Assessment of Nutritional Influences on Risk of Cataract / A. Taylor, M. Hobbs (Boston, Mass.) -- Age-Related Changes in Hydration / M.J. Arnaud (Vittel) -- Nutrition and the Aging Immune Response / 0. Adolfsson, S.N. Meydani (Boston, Mass.) -- Physical Assessment for Aging Prediction / M. Ferry (Valence), B. Lesourd (Clermont-Ferrand), P. Pftizenmeyer (Dijon) -- Rationale for Tests of the Neuropsychiatric Effects of Nutrient Deficiency / M. Folstein, T. Scott (Boston, Mass.).
- Nutrition and alcohol 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Nutrition and biochemistry of phospholipids 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Nutrition and cancer prevention 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Nutrition and critical care 2003, Karger
- Nutrition and diabetes 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Nutrition and fitness 2008, KargerNutrition and fitness from the first Olympiad in 776 BC to the 21st century and the concept of positive health / Simopoulos, A.P. -- Omega-3 fatty acids, exercise, physical activity, and athletics / Simopoulos, A.P. -- Omega-6 fatty acids and excessive adipose tissue development / Ailhaud, G. -- Non-conventional genetic risk factors for cardiovascular disease / Allayee, H. -- ApoE genotype : impact on health, fitness, and nutrition / Angelopoulos, T.J., Lowndes, J.-- Nutrition in the prevention of chronic diseases / Tapsell, L.C., Probst, Y.C. -- Exercise and obesity : lifestyle modification as a means in prevention and treatment / Pavlou, K.N. -- Nutritional risk factors for gastrointestinal cancers : the multiethnic cohort study / Kolonel, L.N. -- Mediterranean food and diets, global resource for the control of metabolic syndrome and chronic diseases / Urquiaga, I. ... [et al.] -- The role of government in nutrition and fitness / Bourne, P.G.-- Balancing the scales : a common-sense look at global nutrition problems and what can be done about them / Clay, W.D. -- Historical perspective : the antiquity of exercise, exercise physiology and the exercise prescription for health / Tipton, C.M. -- Declaration of Olympia on nutrition and fitness : ancient Olympia, Greece, May 28-29, 1996.
- Nutrition and fitness. Part 1, Obesity, the metabolic syndrome, cardiovascular disease, and cancer 2005, KargerCriteria and classification of obesity in Japan and Asia-Oceania / M. Kanazaw ... [et al.] - Exercise and obesity in China / C. Chang -- Obesity in childhood: the Greek experience / A. Kafatos, C.A. Codrington, M. Linardakis -- Epidemiology of physical activity from adolescence to young adulthood / D.J. Aaron, Y.S. Jekal, R.E. Laporte -- Adolescent obesity and physical activity / N. Hwalla, A.M. Sibai, N. Adra -- Nutrition and physical activity of the population in Serbia / M. Pavlovic, V. Grujic, A. Oshaug -- Physical activity and body composition / D. Andreoli, A. De Lorenzo -- Syndrome X: clinical aspects / D. Labadarios -- Metabolic syndrome: is there a pathophysiological common denominator?: lessons learned from the Pima Indians / P.A. Tataranni -- Lifestyle-gene-drug interactions in relation to the Metabolic syndrome / L. Storlien ... [et al.] -- Coronary heart disease, genetics, nutrition and physical activity / M.B. Donati, I. Iacoviello -- Role of nutrients and physical activity in gene expression / R. De Caterina, R. Madonna -- Physical activity and hypertension: an overview / G.P. Rontoyannis --Omega-3 fatty acids and ventricular arrhythmias / A. Leaf, J.X. Kang, Y.-F. Xiao -- A method for the direct evaluation of the fatty acid status in a drop of blood from a fingertip in humans: application to population studies and correlations with biological parameters / F. Marangoni, C. Colombo, C. Galli -- Measurement error in the assessment of interaction between dietary and genetic factors in cohort studies of cancer / S.A. Bingham -- Cancer frequency in poor rural communities consuming a very limited diet / M. Muñoz Rivera ... [et al.] -- Omega-6/omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids ratio and breast cancer / P. Bougnoux, V. Maillard, V. Chajés -- Fish, [omega]-3 polyunsaturated fat intake and cancer at selected sites / A. Tavani ... [et al.] -- Cancer risk reduction by physical exercise / A. Willer.
- Nutrition and fitness. Part 2, Mental health, aging, and the implementation of a healthy diet and physical activity lifestyle 2005, Karger
- Nutrition and gastrointestinal disease 2008, Springer
- Nutrition and growth 2013, Karger"Growth as an indicator of health is more sensitive than commonly believed and can serve as an early sign of imbalance, before other malfunctions manifest themselves. Particularly in developing countries, growth failure in infants and children is related to mortality, morbidity and impaired brain development, and increases the risk of adult-onset non-communicable diseases. This publication focuses on the challenges of the interaction between nutrition and growth in the pediatric age group. Subjects covered include the interplay between nutrition and the IGF axis; early feeding and later growth; growth charts (including an update on the implementation of the WHO growth standards); various aspects of obesity; nutrition and growth of premature infants and of children with specific diseases; and the interaction between bone health, nutrition and growth. Containing lectures from the '1st International Conference on Nutrition and Growth' (Paris 2012), this book is a valuable source of information for pediatricians, nutritionists, neonatologists, and experts in child development."--Publisher's website.
- Nutrition and health 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Nutrition and health in developing countries. 2nd ed. 2008, Springer
- Nutrition and heart disease 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Nutrition and metabolism 2009, Springer
- Nutrition and oral medicine 2005, SpringerImpact of dietary quality and nutrition on general health status / Connie C. Mobley and Teresa Marshall -- Pregnancy, child nutrition, and oral health / Connie C. Mobley and Elizabeth Reifsnider -- Age-related changes in oral health status affects on diet and nutrition / Carole A. Palmer -- Impact of the environment, ethnicity, and culture on nutrition and health / Joanne Kouba -- Bidirectional impact of oral health and general health / Angela Kamer, David A. Sirois, and Maureen Huhmann -- Impacts and interrelationships between medications -- Nutrition, diet, and oral health / Miriam Robbins -- Oral consequences of compromised nutritional well being / Paula J. Moynihan and Peter Lingstom -- Nutritional consequences of oral conditions and diseases / A. Ross Kerr and Riva Touger-Decker -- Complementary and alternative medical practices and their impact on oral and nutritional health / Ruth M. DeBusk and Diane Rigassio Radler -- Emerging research and practices regarding nutrition, diet and oral medicine / Shelby Kashket and Dominick P. DePaola -- Diabetes mellitus: nutrition and oral health relationships / Riva Touger Decker, David A. Sirois, and Anthony T. Vernillo -- Oral and pharyngeal cancer / Douglas E. Morse -- Human immunodeficiency virus / Anita Patel and Michael Glick -- Autoimmune diseases / David A. Sirois and Riva Touger-Decker -- Osteoporosis / Elizabeth A. Krall -- Wound healing / Marion F. Winkler and Suzanne Makowski -- Approaches to oral nutrition health risk assessment / Riva Touger-Decker and David A. Sirois -- Oral medicine and nutrition education / Riva Touger-Decker and David A. Sirois.
- Nutrition and rheumatic disease 2008, Springer
- Nutrition and skin 2011, SpringerVitamin A and the Skin -- Relevance of the Cutaneous Vitamin D Endocrine System for Skin Physiology and Treatment of Skin Diseases -- Photoprotection of the Skin with Vitamins C and E: Antioxidants and Synergies -- Carotenoids and Skin -- Antioxidants and Skin -- Minerals and the Skin -- Minerals and the Skin -- Probiotics and Skin -- Introduction and Overview -- Diet and Acne -- Glycemic Load and Acne -- Essential Fatty Acids and Atopic Dermatitis -- Hair Biology and Nutritional Influences -- Detecting and Monitoring Nutrients on Skin Using Noninvasive Methods -- Nutritional Clinical Studies in Dermatology.
- Nutrition and the eye 2005, KargerChemopreventive compounds in the diet / Schreier, P. -- Vitamin C, vitamin E and flavonoids / Janisch, K.M. ... [et al.] -- Macular carotenoids: lutein and zeaxanthin / Stahl, W. -- Selenium, selenoproteins and vision / Flohé, L. -- Nutritional supplementation to prevent cataract formation / Meyer, C.H.; Sekundo, W. -- Nutrition and retina / Schmidt-Erfurth, U.
- Nutrition and the strength athlete 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Nutrition and wound healing 2007, CRCnetBASEOverview of nutrition and wound healing / Joseph A. Molnar -- Carbohydrates and wound healing / Carol Ireton-Jones, George U. Liepa -- Fat and wound healing / John J. Turek -- Protein and wound healing / Maggie L. Dylewski and Yong-Ming Yu -- Glutamine and wound healing / Mark B. Schoemann ... [et al.] -- Arginine and wound healing / Vanita Ahuja, Majida Rizk, and Adrian Barbul -- B vitamins and wound healing / George U. Liepa ... [et al.] -- Vitamin C and wound healing / Hideharu Tanaka and Joseph A. Molnar -- Fat-soluble vitamins and wound healing / Michelle M. Gottschlich -- Trace elements and wound healing / Thomas G. Baumgartner -- Nutrition and wound healing in burns, trauma, and sepsis / Corilee A. Watters, Edward E. Tredgett, and Carmelle Cooper -- Nutrition and wound healing in cancer / Perry Shen and Shayn Martin -- Nutrition and wound healing at the age extremes / Hannah G. Piper, Tom Jaksic, and Patrick J. Javid -- Pharmacologic manipulation of the healing wound: the role of hormones / Robert H. Demling.
- Unit one: Principles of nutrition -- Nutrition in nursing -- Carbohydrates -- Protein -- Lipids -- Vitamins -- Water and minerals -- Energy metabolism -- Unit two: Nutrition in health promotion -- Guidelines for healthy eating -- Consumer issues -- Cultural and religious influences on food and nutrition -- Healthy eating for healthy babies -- Nutrition for infants, children, and adolescents -- Nutrition for adults and older adults -- Unit three: Nutrition in clinical practice -- Obesity and eating disorders -- Feeding patients: hospital food and enteral and parenteral nutrition -- Critical illness and hypermetabolic conditions -- Nutrition for patients with gastrointestinal disorders -- Nutrition for patients with cardiovascular disorders -- Nutrition for patients with diabetes mellitus -- Nutrition for patients with renal disorders -- Nutrition for patients with cancer or HIV/AIDS.
- Nutrition in nursing -- Carbohydrates -- Protein -- Lipids -- Vitamins -- Water and minerals -- Energy balance -- Guidelines for healthy eating -- Consumer issues -- Cultural and religious influences on food and nutrition -- Healthy eating for healthy babies -- Nutrition for infants, children, and adolescents -- Nutrition for older adults -- Obesity and eating disorders -- Feeding patients : oral diets and enteral and parenteral nutrition -- Nutrition for patients with metabolic or respiratory stress -- Nutrition for patients with upper gastrointestinal disorders -- Nutrition for patients with disorders of the lower GI tract and accessory organs -- Nutrition for patients with diabetes mellitus -- Nutrition for patients with cardiovascular disorders -- Nutrition for patients with kidney disorders -- Nutrition for patients with cancer or HIV/AIDS.
- Nutrition guide for physicians 2010, Springer
- Nutrition handbook for food processors 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Nutrition in clinical practice. 2nd ed. 2008, OvidClinically relevant carbohydrate metabolism -- Clinically relevant fat metabolism -- Clinically relevant protein metabolism -- Overview of clinically relevant micronutrient metabolism -- Diet, weight regulation, and obesity -- Diet, diabetes mellitus, and insulin resistance -- Diet, atherosclerosis, and ischemic heart disease -- Diet and hypertension -- Diet and hemostasis -- Diet and cerebrovascular and peripheral vascular disease -- Diet and immunity -- Diet and cancer -- Diet and hematopoiesis: nutritional anemias -- Diet, bone metabolism, and osteoporosis -- Diet and respiratory diseases -- Diet and renal disease -- Diet and hepatobiliary disease -- Diet and common gastrointestinal disorders -- Diet, dyspepsia, and peptic ulcer disease -- Diet and rheumatologic disease -- Diet and neurologic disorders -- Diet and dermatoses -- Diet and wound healing -- Food allergy and intolerance -- Eating disorders -- Malnutrition and cachexia -- Diet, pregnancy, and lactation -- Diet and the menstrual cycle -- Diet and early development: pediatric nutrition -- Diet and adolescence -- Diet and senescence -- Ergogenic effects of foods and nutrients: diet and athletic performance -- Endocrine effects of diet: phytoestrogens -- Diet, sleep-wake cycles, and mood -- Diet and cognitive function -- Diet and vision -- Diet and dentition -- Hunger, appetite, taste, and satiety -- Health effects of chocolate -- Health effects of ethanol -- Health effects of coffee -- Macronutrient food substitutes -- Vegetarianism, veganism, and macrobiotic diets -- Culture, evolutionary biology, and the determinants of dietary preference -- Dietary recommendations for health promotion and disease prevention -- Models of behavior modification for diet and activity patterns and weight management -- Dietary counseling in clinical practice.
- Nutrition in intensive care medicine 2013, KargerFrom mitochondrial disturbances to energy requirements / P. Singer -- Protein metabolism and requirements / G. Biolo -- How to choose the route / I. Grecu -- How to prescribe nutritional support using computers / M.M. Berger -- Oral feeding / A. Alvárez-Falcón, S. Ruiz-Santana -- Enteral nutrition / R. Anbar -- Parenteral nutrition / R. Thibault, C. Pichard -- Can nutrition support interfere with recovery from acute critical illness? / R.C. Schulman, J.I. Mechanick -- Glucose control / J.-C. Preiser -- Glutamine / M. Kim, P.E. Wischmeyer -- Leucine and citrulline : two major regulators of protein turnover / L. Cynober, J.-P. de Bandt, C. Moinard -- The surgical/trauma patient / A. Weimann -- Nutrition and sepsis / J. Cohen, W.D.N. Chin -- The renal failure patient / W. Druml -- N-3 fatty acids and y-linolenic acid supplementation in the nutritional support of ventilated patients with acute lung injury or acute respiratory distress syndrome / S. Lev, P. Singer -- Obesity / D.C. Frankenfield -- Nutritional imbalances during extracorporeal life support / I. Kagan, P. Singer -- Nutrition in pancreatitis / S.A. McClave -- Which nutritional regimen for the comorbid complex intensive care unit patient? / P. Singer, H. Weinberger, B. Tadmor -- Nutrition support for wound healing in the intensive care unit patient / M. Theilla.
- Nutrition in kidney disease 2008, Springer
- Nutrition in public health 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Nutrition support for infants and children at risk 2007, KargerThe development of atopic phenotypes: genetic and environmental determinants / Wahn, U. ... [et al.] -- Food allergy to proteins / Nowak-Wegrzyn, A. -- Hypoallergenicity: a principle for the treatment of food allergy / Beyer, K. -- The concept of hypoallergenicity for atopy prevention / von Berg, A. -- The concept of oral tolerance induction to foods / Lack, G. -- Chronic enteropathy: molecular basis / Ruemmele, F.M. -- Chronic enteropathy: clinical aspects / Gibbons, T.; Fuchs, G.J. -- Transition from parenteral to enteral nutrition / Milla, P.J. -- Chronic entereropathy and feeding / Salvatore, S.; Hauser, B.; Vandenplas, Y. -- Stressed mucosa / Davidson, G.; Kritas, S.; Butler, R. -- Nutrition for children with cholestatic liver disease / Los, E.L. ... [et al.] -- Nutrient requirements of premature infants / Ziegler, E.E. -- Nutritional assessment in preterm infants / Griffin, I.J. -- Early aggressive nutrition in very preterm infants / Thureen, P.J. -- Discussion on 'Human milk fortification' / Putet, G. -- Postdischarge nutrition of preterm infants: more questions than answers / Cooke, R.J.
- Nutrition support for the critically ill patient 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Nutrition, diet and cancer 2012, SpringerAberrant Signaling Pathways in Cancer: Modulation by the Dietary Flavonoid, Quercetin /Ramamurthi Vidya Priyadarsini and Siddavaram Nagini --Micronutrients and Cancer: Add Spice to Your Life /Sahdeo Prasad, Subash C. Gupta and Bharat B. Aggarwal --Chemoprevention of Prostate Cancer with Cruciferous Vegetables: Role of Epigenetics /Laura M. Beaver, David E. Williams, Roderick H. Dashwood and Emily Ho --Molecular Insight and Preclinical Perspective of Thymoquinone as Chemopreventive Agent and Therapeutic Adjunct in Cancer /Sanjeev Banerjee, Mansi Parasramka, Fazlul H. Sarkar and Ramzi M. Mohammad --Dietary Biofactors in the Management of Cancer: Myth or Reality? /Vidushi S. Neergheen-Bhujun, K. S. Kang, O. I. Aruoma and T. Bahorun --Nutritional Compounds as Chemopreventive Agents by Proteasome Inhibition /Kristin Landis-Piwowar, Elizabeth Smerczak, Jian Zuo and Q. Ping Dou --STAT Signaling in Cancer Prevention /Su-Ni Tang, Sharmila Shankar and Rakesh K. Srivastava --[gamma][delta] T Cells, Tea and Cancer /Jingwei Lu, Vincent J. Pompili and Hiranmoy Das --Phytochemical Intakes with a Mediterranean Diet: Levels Achievable with an Exchange List Diet and Potential Biomarkers in Blood /Zora Djuric --Plant Polyphenols and Their Role in Cancer Prevention and Chemotherapy /Sharmila Shankar, Brahma N. Singh and Rakesh K. Srivastava --Role of Food Micro-molecules in the Prevention of Cancer /Latha Sabikhi, Alok Jha, Sudhir Kumar Tomer and Ashish Kumar Singh.The Protective Role of Zinc in Cancer: A Potential Chemopreventive Agent /Bin Bao, Amir Ahmad, Azfar S Azmi, Zhiwei Wang and Sanjeev Banerjee, et al. --Diet-Induced Epigenetic Changes and Cancer Prevention: A Mantra for Healthy Living /Ajay Goel and Gaurav Chaturvedi --Western Diet-Induced Pancreatic Cancer /M. Mura Assifi and Guido Eibl --Intracellular Signaling Network as a Prime Chemotherapy Target of Green Tea Catechin, (-)-Epigallocatechin-3-gallate /Brahma N. Singh, Sharmila Shankar and Rakesh K. Srivastava --Role of Dietary Antioxidants in Cancer /C. M. Ajila and S. K. Brar --Curcumin: Structure, Biology and Clinical Applications /Sharmila Shankar and Rakesh K. Srivastava --Obesity, Cancer and Psychopathology: Can Vegetarian Diet Be of Help? /Vikas Kumar, Ajit Kumar Thakur and Shyam Sunder Chatterjee --Dietary Phytochemicals as Epigenetic Modulators in Cancer /Vijay S. Thakur and Sanjay Gupta --Modulation of the Nrf2 Signaling Pathway by Chemopreventive Dietary Phytoconstituents /Altaf S. Darvesh and Anupam Bishayee --Role of Fish Oil from Gene Expression to Pharmacological Effect in Cancer Prevention /Malay Chatterjee, Subhadeep Das, Mary Chatterjee and Kaushik Roy --Antioxidant Supplements: An Evidence-Based Approach to Health Benefits and Risks /Goran Bjelakovic, Dimitrinka Nikolova and Christian Gluud --Natural Antioxidants and Their Role in Cancer Prevention /Akanksha Singh, Akansha Jain, Birinchi Kumar Sarma, Alok Jha and H. B. Singh --Dietary and Non-dietary Phytochemicals in Cancer Control /Dhanir Tailor and Rana P. Singh.
- Nutritional anemias 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Nutritional applications in exercise and sport 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Nutritional assessment of athletes 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Nutritional assessment of athletes. 2nd ed. 2011, CRCnetBASE"Evaluating dietary intake, determining energy metabolism, and conducting other nutritional assessments are essential in understanding the relationships between diet, exercise, health, and physical performance, especially in athletes. Several methods exist, each with their own advantages and limitations. Extensively referenced and filled with numerous tables and figures, this timely book focuses on the nutritional assessment of both recreational and professional athletes, including children, adolescents, and adults. In one volume, it presents methods for all types of nutritional evaluations, including dietary, anthropometric, physical activity needs, biochemical, and clinical assessments"--Provided by publisher.
- Nutritional concerns of women. 2nd ed. 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Nutritional counseling for lifestyle change 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Nutritional epidemiology of breast cancer 2012, Springer
- Nutritional ergogenic aids 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Nutritional influences on bone health 2010, SpringerDietary protein and bone mass accrual -- Protein effects on bone and muscle in elderly women -- Dietary protein and bone health: the urgent need for large-scale supplementation studies -- Protein intake during weight loss: effects on bone -- A comparison of Asian Asian and American Asian populations: calcium and bone accretion during formation of peak bone mass -- Estimating calcium requirements -- Independent and combined effects of exercise and calcium on bone structural and material properties in older adults -- The bone benefits of calcium and exercise in children -- Calcium supplementation plays a positive role in bone and body composition in Chinese adolescents -- Effects of high calcium and vitamin D diets on changes in body fat, lean mass, and bone mineral density by self-controlled dieting for 4 months in young Asian women -- Trace elements and bone -- Phosphorus and bone -- Seasonal differences in mineral homeostasis and bone metabolism in response to oral phosphate loading in older Northern Chinese adults -- Diabetes mellitus and osteoporosis -- Vitamin D and muscle -- Vitamin D and bone health -- Effects of vitamin D on bone health in healthy young adults -- Vitamin D effects on bone structure in childhood and aging -- Dietary patterns and bone health -- Nutritional factors that influence change in bone density and stress fracture risk among young female cross-country runners -- A dietary pattern that predicts physical performance in an elderly population -- Citrus hesperidin and bone health: from preclinical studies to nutritional intervention trials -- Acidosis and bone -- Acid-base homeostasis and the skeleton: an update on current thinking -- Acid-base balance, bone, and muscle -- The effect of mineral waters on bone metabolism: alkalinity over calcium? -- Bone-anabolic impact of dietary high protein intake compared with the effects of low potential renal acid load, endogenous steroid hormones, and muscularity in children -- Salt sensitivity, metabolic acidosis, and bone health.
- Nutritional management of cancer treatment effects 2012, SpringerAssessment of Malnutrition and Nutritional Therapy Approaches in Cancer Patients --Cancer Anorexia (CA) --Cancer Cachexia (CC) --Oral Mucositis --Nausea and Vomiting in Cancer --Cancer-Related Fatigue (CRF) --Treatment-Induced Enteritis (Radiation- or Combination Therapy-Induced Enteropathies) --Neurocognitive Impairment (NI) --Dysfunction of the Bowel/Constipation --Dysphagia.
- Nutritional management of digestive disorders 2011, CRCnetBASEThe history of medical nutrition therapy in the treatment of gastrointestinal disorders / Laura Harkness -- Assessment of nutritional status / Laura E. Mataresse -- Management of disorders of deglutition / Ryan F. Porter, Chandra P. Gaywali -- Eosinophilic esophagitis / Alain I. Schoepfer & Alex Straumann -- Management of chronic nausea and vomiting / Greg Sayuk & Chandra P. Gaywali -- Celiac disease / Peter D. Howdle -- Probiotics in irritable bowel syndrome / Eamon Quigley, Fergus Shanahan -- The role of nutrition in inflammatory bowel disease: food for thought / Gerard E. Mullin, Melissa Munsell and Ashwini Davison -- Probiotics for antibiotic-associated diarrhea and clostridium difficile- associated disease / Mario Guslandi -- Endoscopic enteral access and enteral nutrition / Waqar Qureshi, Carol Redel -- Self expanding metal stents in the management of malignant esophageal, gastric outlet, and duodenal obstructions / Francis W. Chan, Priya A. Jamidar -- Management of chronic malabsorption / Piyush Tiwari, Manreet Kaur, Bhaskar Banerjee -- Total parenteral nutrition : theory and application in hospitalized patients / Dominic Reeds -- Home nutrition support / Carol Ireton-Jones, David S. Seres -- Intestinal failure, liver disease related to parenteral nutrition and intestinal transplantation / Khalid Khan -- Nutrition in acute pancreatitis / Remy F. Meier, Robert Martindale -- Nutrition in liver disease / Mathias Plauth, Tatjana Schutz -- Non alcoholic fatty liver disease / Kevin Korenblat -- Weight management strategies / Shelby Sullivan -- Bariatric surgery / Alessandrina Freitas, John F. Sweeney -- Obesity and gastrointestinal cancer / Yume Nguyen, B. Banerjee -- Nutrition and colon cancer prevention / Petr Protiva.
- Nutritional neuroscience 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Nutritional oncology. 2nd ed. 2006, ScienceDirect
- Nutritional strategies for the diabetic & prediabetic patient 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Nutritionally enhanced edible oil and oilseed processing 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Obesity 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Obesity treatment and prevention 2012, KargerBrain reorganization following weight loss / M. Rosenbaum, R.L. Leibel -- Physical activity and weight loss / J.M. Jakicic -- Dietary strategies for weight management / B.J. Rolls -- Targeting adipose tissue inflammation to treat the underlying basis of the metabolic complications of obesity / M.I. Goran, T. Alderete -- Summary discussion on obesity treatment : challenges and opportunities -- New directions for prevention -- The gut microbiome and obesity / M.A.J Hullar, J.W. Lampe -- Starting early : obesity prevention during infancy / L.L. Birch, S. Anzman-Frasca, I.M. Paul -- The economics of food choice behavior : why poverty and obesity are linked / A. Drewnowski -- The importance of the food and physical activity environments / J.M. Oppert, H. Charreire -- The importance of systems thinking of address obesity / D.T. Finegood -- Summary discussion on new directions for prevention.
- Official methods for the determination of trans fat 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Omega-3 fatty acids and the DHA principle 2010, CRCnetBASECh. 1. Molecular biology of Omega-3 chains as structural lipids : many central questions remain unanswered -- Ch. 2. Darwinian selection of the fittest membrane lipids : from archaeal isoprenoids to DHA-enriched rhodopsin disks -- Ch. 3. Coevolution of DHA membranes and their proteins -- Ch. 4. Convergent evolution of DHA/EPA biosynthetic pathways -- Ch. 5. Membrane evolution in a marine bacterium : capitalizing on DHA for energy conservation in seawater -- Ch. 6. Evolution of DHA membranes in human neutrons -- Ch. 7. DHA/EPA chains as powerful membrane antifreeze -- Ch. 8. DHA as a mediocre permeability barrier against cations : water wire theory -- Ch. 9. DHA/EPA membranes as targets of oxidative damage -- Ch. 10. Bacteria : environmental modulation of membrane lipids for bioenergetic gain -- Ch. 11. Chloroplasts : harnessing DHA/EPA for harvesting light in the sea -- Ch. 12. Mitochondria : DHA-cardiolipin boosts energy output -- Ch. 13. Sperm : essential roles of DHA lead to development of a mechanical stress hypothesis -- Ch. 14. DHA/EPA mutualism between bacteria and marine animals -- Ch. 15. Membrane adaptations for an oily environment : lessons from a petroleum-degrading bacterium -- Ch. 16. Lessons from yeast : phospholipid conformations are important in winemaking -- Ch. 17. DHA principle applied to global warming -- Ch. 18. DHA principle applied to molecular farming -- Ch. 19. DHA/unsaturation theory of aging -- Ch. 20. DHA principle applied to neurodegenerative diseases -- Ch. 21. Dietary DHA in prevention of colon cancer : how a risk to the cell benefits the organism.
- Omega-3 fatty acids, the brain and retina 2009, KargerOmega-6/omega-3 essential fatty acids : biological effects / Simopoulos, A.P. -- Depression, suicide, and deficiencies of omega-3 essential fatty acids in modern diets / Hibbeln, J.R. -- Serial structural magnetic resonance imaging analysis and proton and 31-phosphorus magnetic resonance spectroscopy to the investigation of cerebral fatty acids in major depressive disorder, Huntington's disease (chorea), and myalgic encephalomyelitis (chronic fatigue syndrome), and in forensic schizophrenic patients / Puri, B.K.; Tsaluchidu, S.; Treasaden, I.H. -- Omega-3 fatty acid docosahexaenoic acid is the precursor of neuroprotectin D1 in the nervous system / Niemoller, T.D.; Stark, D.T.; Bazan, N.G. -- Docosahexaenoic acid and amyloid-[beta] peptide signaling in Alzheimer's disease / Lukiw, W.J. -- Administration of docosahexaenoic acid, uridine, and choline increases levels of synaptic membranes and dendritic spines in rodent brain / Wurtman, R.J. ... [et al.] -- An assessment of dietary docosahexaenoic acid requirements for brain accretion and turnover during early childhood / Hadley, K.B. ... [et al.] -- Variation in lipid-associated genes as they relate to risk of advanced age-related macular degeneration / SanGiovanni, J.P., Mehta, S., Mehta, S.
- Omega-6/omega-3 essential fatty acid ratio 2003, Karger
- Peasants, farmers and scientists 2007, Springer
- Performance functional foods 2003, CRCnetBASE1. Introduction / D. Watson -- 2. Interactions between stress, food and mood / C.R. Markus -- 3. Mood, cognitive function and nutritional and other supplements / P. Clayton -- 4. The Range of medicinal plants influencing mental and physical performance / T.S.C. Li -- 5. Phyto-oestrogens and cognitive function / S. Kreijkamp-Kaspers and Y.T. van der Schouw -- 6. Ginseng / D.D. Kitts and D.G. Popovich -- 7. Ginkgo biloba and Alzheimer's disease / B.D. Oomah -- 8. Functional ingredients in sports drinks / R.J. Maughan -- 9. Pharmacological functions of green tea polyphenols / T.P. Rao, T. Okubo, D-C. Chu and L.R. Juneja -- 10. Caffeine, mental performance and mood / J.E. James --
- Perinatal nutrition 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Personalized nutrition 2010, KargerOpportunities and challenges in nutrigenetics/nutrigenomics and health / De Caterina, R. -- Genome-wide association studies and diet / Ferguson, L.R. -- Copy number variation, eicosapentaenoic acid and neurological disorders : with particular reference to Huntington's disease and associated CAG repeats and to myalgic encephalomyelitis and viral infection / Puri, B.K.; Manku, M.S. -- Nutrigenetics : a tool to provide personalized nutritional therapy to the obese / Marti, A.; Goyenechea, E.; Martínez, J.A. -- Xenobiotic metabolizing genes, meat-related exposures, and risk of advanced colorectal adenoma / Ferrucci, L.M. ... [et al.] -- Strategies to improve detection of hypertension genes / Hunt, S.C. -- Diet, nutrition and modulation of genomic expression in fetal origins of adult disease / Jackson, A.A.; Burdge, G.; Lillycrop, K.Choline : clinical nutrigenetic/nutrigenomic approaches for identification of functions and dietary requirements / Zeisel, S.H. -- Dietary polyphenols, deacetylases and chromatin remodeling in inflammation / Rahman, I., Chung, S. -- Dietary manipulation of histone structure and function / Ho, E., Dashwood, R.H -- Changes in human adipose tissue gene expression during diet-induced weight loss / Svensson, P.-A. ... [et al.] -- Toxicogenomics and studies of genomic effects of dietary components / Thompson, K. -- Dietary methyl deficiency, microRNA expression and susceptibility to liver carcinogenesis / Starlard-Davenport, A. ... [et al.] -- Redox dysregulation and oxidative stress in schizophrenia : nutrigenetics as a challenge in psychiatric disease prevention / Do, K.Q., Conus, P.; Cuenod, M. -- Nutrigenomics and agriculture : a perspective / Spence, J.T. -- Opportunities and challenges in nutrigenetics/nutrigenomics : building industry-academia partnerships / Gillies, P.J. ; Kris-Etherton, P.M. -- Tailoring foods to match people's genes in New Zealand : opportunities for collaboration / Ferguson, L.R. ... [et al.].
- Personalized nutrition 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Pesticide, veterinary and other residues in food 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Pharmacotherapy of cachexia 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Pharmacotherapy of obesity 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Pharmacotherapy of obesity 2008., Springer
- Phenolics in food and nutraceuticals 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Physical chemistry of foods 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Physical properties of lipids 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Phytochemical functional foods 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Phytochemicals 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Phytochemicals in nutrition and health 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Phytoestrogens in functional foods 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Phytosterols as functional food components and nutraceuticals 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Plant chromosome engineering 2011, Springer ProtocolsRecent advances in plant transformation -- Engineering the plastid genome of nicotiana sylvestris, a diploid model species for plastid genetics -- Homologous recombination in plants : An antireview -- Chromosome painting for plant biotechnology -- Plant B chromosomes -- Telomere truncation in plants -- Engineered plant minichromosomes -- Method for bxb1-mediated site-specific integration in planta -- Targeted mutagenesis in arabidopsis using zinc-finger nucleases -- Vectors and methods for hairpin RNA and artificial microRNA-mediated gene silencing in plants -- Recombinant protein expression in nicotiana -- Chromosome analysis and sorting using flow cytometry -- Super-stretched pachytene chromosomes for plant molecular cytogenetic mapping -- Cytological dissection of the triticeae chromosomes by the gametocidal system -- Development and use of oat-maize chromosome additions and radiation hybrids -- Enhancer trapping in plants -- Chromatin beacons : Global sampling of chromatin physical properties using chromatin charting lines -- Transposable elements as catalysts for chromosome rearrangements.
- Pocket atlas of nutrition. Rev. translation of 3rd German ed. 2005, Thieme Book
- Preventing childhood obesity 2005, NAPExtent and consequences of childhood obesity -- Developing an action plan -- A national public health priority -- Industry, advertising, media, and public education -- Local communities -- Schools -- Home -- Confronting the childhood obesity epidemic.
- Preventive nutrition. 4th ed. 2010, Springer
- Infant nutrition and primary prevention: current and future perspectives / Lucas, A.; Sampson, H.A. -- Nutritional interventions in infancy and childhood for prevention of atherosclerosis and the metabolic syndrome / Singhal, A. -- Childhood obesity: potential mechanisms for the development of an epidemic / Maffeis, C. -- Prenatal and postnatal development of obesity: primary prevention trials and observational studies / Kroke, A. -- Childhood diabetes mellitus with emphasis on perinatal factors / Laron, Z. -- The gut microbiota and potential health effects of intervention / Björkstén, B. --The relationship of breastfeeding to the development of atopic disorders / Zeiger, R.S., Friedman, N.J -- Prevention of atopy and allergic disease: type of infant formula / Sampson, H.A. -- Introduction of solid foods / von Berg, A. -- Osteoporosis: is primary prevention possible? / Fewtrell, M. -- Nutrition and cancer prevention: targets, strategies, and the importance of early life interventions / Hursting, S.D. ... [et al.] -- Long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids in early life: effects on multiple health outcomes : a critical review of current status, gaps and knowledge / Fewtrell, M.S -- Perinatal PUFA intake affects leptin and oral tolerance in neonatal rats and possibly immunoreactivity in intrauterine growth retardation in man / Hanson, L.A. ... [et al.] -- The crucial role of dietary n-6 polyunsaturated fatty acids in excessive adipose tissue development: relationship to childhood obesity / Massiera, F.; Guesnet, P.; Ailhaud, G. -- -Omics for prevention: gene, protein and metabolite profiling to better understand individual disposition to disease / Affolter, M. ... [et al.].
- Probiotics : definition and taxonomy 10 years after the FAO/WHO guidelines / L. Morelli -- Intestinal microbiota composition in children / V. Buccigrossi -- Intestinal microbiota composition in adults / V. Robles-Alonso, F. Guarner -- The intestinal microbiota and aging / P.W. O'Toole, P. Brigidi -- Shaping intestinal bacterial community by TLR and NLR signaling / K.S. Kobayashi -- Importance of early microbial colonization for intestinal immune development / P. Brandtzaeg -- Effects of the intestinal microbiota on behavior and brain biochemistry / E. Barrett ... [et al.] -- Relationship between bacterial colonization of human digestive and respiratory tract / S.V. Lynch -- Probiotics in the prevention and treatment of inflammatory bowel diseases in children / B. Pigneur, F.M. Ruemmele -- Functional gastrointestinal disorders in children / F. Indrio, G. Fiezzo -- Functional gastrointestinal disorders in adults / E.M.M. Quigley -- Metabolic syndrome and obesity in children / R. Luoto ... [et al.] -- Metabolic syndrome and obesity : adults / S.E. Power ... [et al.] -- Neonatal necrotizing enterocolitis / J. Neu -- Role of probiotics in allergies / R.B. Canani ... [et al.] -- Probiotics in respiratory infections / E. Bruzzese, A. Lo Vecchio, E. Ruberto -- Are probiotic effects dose-related? / T.J. Patton, S. Guandalini -- Safety of probiotics / I. Hojsak, R. Shamir -- Age-related functional feeding : a novel tool to improve the quality of life / S. Forssten ... [et al.] -- Use of microbes to fight microbes / C. Hill -- What is the future for therapies derived from the microbiome (pharmabiotics)? / G.T. Rijkers ... [et al.].
- Probiotics in pediatric medicine 2009, Springer
- Long-term consequences of early feeding on later obesity risk / Koletzko, B. -- Energy requirements of infants and children / Butte, N.F. -- Protein requirements of infants and children / Garlick, P.J. -- Growth of breast-fed and formula-fed infants / Ziegler, E.E. -- Body composition during the first year of life / Rigo, J. -- Dietary reference intakes : concepts and approaches underlying protein and energy requirements / Yates, A.A. -- Intestinal amino acid metabolism in neonates / Van Goudoever, J.B. ... [et al.] -- Amino acid requirements of infants and children / Pencharz, P.B., Ball, R.O. -- Effects of high protein intakes / Axelsson, I. -- Physiology in food intake regulation : interaction with dietary components / Anderson, G.H., Aziz, A., Abou Samra, R. -- Complementary food : international comparison on protein and energy requirement/intakes / Agostoni, C., Riva, E., Giovannini, M. -- What is the optimal age for introduction of complementary foods? / Dewey, K.G. -- Recent issues in energy-protein malnutrition in children / Desjeux, J.-F. -- Protein quality and quantity in cow's milk-based formula for healthy term infants : past, present and future / Macé, K. ... [et al.] -- Recombinant human milk proteins / Lönnerdal, B.Long-term consequences of early feeding on later obesity risk / B. Koletzko -- Energy requirements of infants and children / N.F. Butte -- Protein requirements of infants and children / P.J. Garlick -- Growth of breast-fed and formula-fed infants / E.E. Ziegler -- Body composition during the first year of life / J. Rigo -- Dietary reference intakes: concepts and approaches underlying protein and energy requirements / A.A. Yates -- Intestinal amino acid metabolism in neonates / J.B. van Goudoever ... [et al.] -- Amino acid requirements of infants and children / P.B. Pencharz, R.O. Ball -- Effects of high protein intakes / I. Axelsson -- Physiology in food intake regulation: interaction with dietary components / G.H. Anderson, A. Aziz, R.A. Samra -- Complementary food: international comparison on protein and energy requirement/intakes / C. Agostoni, E. Riva, M. Giovannini -- What is the optimal age for introduction of complementary foods? / K.G. Dewey -- Recent issues in energy-protein malnutrition in children / J.-F. Desjeux -- Protein quality and quantity in cow's milk-based formula for healthy term infants: past, present and future / K. Macé ... [et al.] -- Recombinant human milk proteins / B. Lönnerdal.
- Proteins in food processing 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Rapid and on-line instrumentation for food quality assurance 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Recent advances in growth research 2013, Karger
- Reducing salt in foods 2007, CRCnetBASEpt. 1. Dietary salt, health and the consumer -- pt. 2. Strategies for salt reduction in food products -- pt. 3. Reducing salt in particular foods.
- Report of the Joint FAO/WHO Expert Consultation on the Risks and Benefits of Fish Consumption 2011, WHOThe Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations and the World Health Organization convened a Joint Expert Consultation on the Risks and Benefits of Fish Consumption from 25 to 29 January 2010. The tasks of the Expert Consultation were to review data on levels of nutrients (long-chain omega-3 fatty acids) and specific chemical contaminants (methylmercury and dioxins) in a range of fish species and to compare the health benefits of fish consumption and nutrient intake with the health risks associated with contaminants present in fish. The Expert Consultation drew a number of conclusions regarding the health benefits and health risks associated with fish consumption and recommended a series of steps that Member States should take to better assess and manage the risks and benefits of fish consumption and more effectively communicate these risks and benefits to their citizens. The output of the Expert Consultation is a framework for assessing the net health benefits or risks of fish consumption that will provide guidance to national food safety authorities and the Codex Alimentarius Commission in their work on managing risks, taking into account the existing data on the benefits of eating fish. The Expert Consultation concluded the following: Consumption of fish provides energy, protein and a range of other important nutrients, including the long-chain n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids (LCn3PUFAs). Eating fish is part of the cultural traditions of many peoples. In some populations, fish is a major source of food and essential nutrients. Among the general adult population, consumption of fish, particularly fatty fish, lowers the risk of mortality from coronary heart disease. There is an absence of probable or convincing evidence of risk of coronary heart disease associated with methylmercury. Potential cancer risks associated with dioxins are well below established coronary heart disease benefits from fish consumption. When comparing the benefits of LCn3PUFAs with the risks of methylmercury among women of childbearing age, maternal fish consumption lowers the risk of suboptimal neurodevelopment in their offspring compared with the offspring of women not eating fish in most circumstances evaluated. At levels of maternal exposure to dioxins (from fish and other dietary sources) that do not exceed the provisional tolerable monthly intake (PTMI) of 70 pg/kg body weight established by JECFA (for PCDDs, PCDFs and coplanar PCBs), neurodevelopmental risk for the fetus is negligible. At levels of maternal exposure to dioxins (from fish and other dietary sources) that exceed the PTMI, neurodevelopmental risk for the fetus may no longer be negligible. Among infants, young children and adolescents, the available data are currently insufficient to derive a quantitative framework of the health risks and health benefits of eating fish. However, healthy dietary patterns that include fish consumption and are established early in life influence dietary habits and health during adult life.
- Safety of genetically engineered foods 2004, NAPIntroduction -- Methods and mechanisms for genetic manipulation of plants, animals, and microorganisms -- Unintended effects from breeding -- New approaches for identifying unintended changes in food composition -- Adverse impacts of food on human health -- Methods for predicting and assessing unintended effects on human health -- Framework, findings, and recommendations.
- Selenium. 2nd ed. 2006, Springer
- Selenium. 3rd ed. 2012, Springer
- Soft drinks companion 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Soy in health and disease prevention 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Soy protein products. Rev. and expanded ed. 2001, CRCnetBASEChapter 1. Historical Aspects -- Introduction -- Importance of Soy Protein Products -- Chapter 2. Definitions and Methods of Preparation -- Introduction -- Soy Flours and Grits -- Partially Defatted Extruded-Expelled Soy Flours -- Textured Soy Flour -- Soy Protein Concentrates -- Textured Soy Protein Concentrates -- Soy Protein Isolates -- Structured Isolates -- Speciality Soy Foods and Ingredients -- Chapter 3. Protein Quality and Human Nutrition -- Introduction -- Factors Affecting Protein Quality -- Amino Acid Composition -- Amino Acid Requirements -- Digestibility -- Protein Digestibility-Corrected Amino Acid Score (PDCAAS) -- Evaluation of Soy Protein Products in Human Nutrition -- Evaluation of Soy Protein Products in Specific Foods -- Infant Formulas -- Meats and Fish -- Special Nutritional Products -- Mixtures of Soy Bean and Cereal Grains and Alternate -- Protein Sources -- Mineral Content and Mineral Bioavailability -- Sodium -- Bioavailability of Minerals (excluding Iron) -- Bioavailability of Iron -- Calories -- Nutritional Significance of Protease Inhibitors -- Chapter 4. Health and Soy Protein -- Introduction -- Coronary Heart Disease -- Calorie Control -- Dietary Fiber -- Additional Nutritional Issues -- Carbohydrates and Flactulence -- Immunochemical Properties -- Safety, Microbiology, and Sanitation Toxic Factors -- Microbiology and Sanitation -- Chapter 5. Functionality of Soy Proteins -- Introduction -- Functionality of Soy Protein Ingredients -- Soy Flours and Grits -- Soy Protein Concentrates -- Soy Protein Isolates -- Soy Protein Hydrolyzates -- Texture and Structured Soy Protein Products -- Textured Soy Flours and Concentrates -- Structured Isolates -- Chapter 6. Uses in Food Systems -- Introduction -- Bakery Products -- Milk Replacers -- Bread and Rolls -- Specialty Bread -- Cakes and Cake Mixes -- Cookies, Crackers, Biscuits, Pancakes, and Sweet Pastry -- Doughnuts -- Pasta Products -- Breakfast Cereals -- Dairy-Type Products -- Beverages and Toppings -- Infant Formulas and Special Nutritional Products -- Milk Replacers For Young Animals -- Meat Products -- Emulsified Meat Products -- Coarsely Chopped (Ground) Meats -- School Lunch and Military Uses -- Canned Meats -- Whole Muscle Meats -- Poultry Products -- Seafood Products -- Analog Products -- Miscellaneous Foods -- Chapter 7. Regulations Regarding Usage -- Introduction -- Meat and Poultry Products -- Bakery Products and Pasta -- Dairy Products and Margarine/Edible Spreads -- Formulated Foods -- Chapter 8. Future Considerations -- Introduction -- Economics -- References.
- Soybeans as functional foods and ingredients 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Spirulina in human nutrition and health 2008, CRCnetBASE
- Acute topics in sport nutrition ........
- — Food chemical safety Vol. 2, Additive...
- Food consumption and disease risk ......
- — Nutrients, dietary supplements, and n...
- Nutrients, stress, and medical disord...
- — Spirulina in human nutrition and heal...
- Sports drinks ..........................
- — Yeasts in food and beverages ...........
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
Editor: Jianfang, Zhang
Translated & Donated by Muoi Arnold and Keith Arnold former Stanford faculty