Books by Subject
- Acute topics in sport nutrition ........
- — Food chemical safety Vol. 2, Additive...
- Food consumption and disease risk ......
- — Nutrients, dietary supplements, and n...
- Nutrients, stress, and medical disord...
- — Spirulina in human nutrition and heal...
- Sports drinks ..........................
- — Yeasts in food and beverages ...........
- Food consumption and disease risk 2006, CRCnetBASEpt. 1. Factors that influence interactions between foodborne pathogenic agents and consumers -- pt. 2. Human host factors that influence foodborne disease -- pt. 3. Agent factors of pathogenicity and virulence that influence foodborne disease.
- Food factors for health promotion 2009, KargerGenomics for food functionality and safety / Abe, K. -- Lipid metabolism and nutrigenomics : impact of sesame lignans on gene expression profiles and fatty acid oxidation in rat liver / Ide, T. ... [et al.] -- Genome science of lipid metabolism and obesity / Takahashi, N. ... [et al.] -- Oxidative stress-induced posttranslational modification of proteins as a target of functional food / Naito, Y., Yoshikawa, T. -- Absorption and function of dietary carotenoids / Nagao, A. -- Metabolism of flavonoids / Wang, Y., Ho, C.-T. -- [beta]-carotene degradation products : formation, toxicity, and prevention of toxicity / Siems, W. ... [et al.] -- Dietary flavonoids as antioxidants / Terao, J. -- Inflammatory components of adipose tissue as target for treatment of metabolic syndrome / Yu, R., Kim, C.-S., Kang, J.-H. -- Soybean isoflavones in bone health / Ishimi, Y. -- Probiotics in primary prevention of atopic dermatitis / Ji, G.E. -- Astaxanthin protects neuronal cells against oxidative damage and is a potent candidate for brain food / Liu, X., Osawa, T. -- Function of marine carotenoids / Miyashita, K. -- Exercise and food factors / Aoi, W. -- Molecular basis for cancer chemoprevention by green tea polyphenol EGCG / Tachibana, H. -- Chemoprevention by isothiocyanates : molecular basis of apoptosis induction / Nakamura, Y. -- Ginger-derived phenolic substances with cancer preventive and therapeutic potential / Kundu, J.K., Na, H.-K., Surh, Y.-J. -- Chemoprevention with phytochemicals targeting inducible nitric oxide synthase / Murakami, A. -- Chemoprevention of tocotrienols : the mechanism of antiproliferative effect / Wada, S.
- Food lipids. 2nd ed., 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Food phytates 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Food polysaccharides and their applications. 2nd ed. 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Food protein analysis 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Food science and food biotechnology 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Food security and environmental quality in the developing world 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Food, diet and obesity 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Food-drug synergy and safety 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Frontiers in eating and weight regulation 2010, Karger"The development of effective preventive and therapeutic measures to control eating and body weight involves basic physiology as well as cognitive and social psychology. The potential of molecular genetics to illuminate brain-behavior relationships became apparent with the discovery of the leptin gene in 1994. At present, molecular methodologies are being integrated with other physiological approaches, resulting in a number of options from which effective therapeutic strategies may evolve. This book highlights this exciting juncture: Fifteen leading experts present brief descriptions of some of the latest developments of the physiology of eating and weight regulation, ranging from endocrine and neural controls to genetics and functional brain imaging. These Frontier chapters are preceded by a general overview that provides requisite background on the physiology of eating as well as a conceptual framework for the Frontier chapters."--Publisher's description.
- Functional dairy products 2003, CRCnetBASEpt. 1. The health benefits of functional dairy products -- pt. 2. Functional dairy ingredients -- pt. 3. Product development.
- Functional dairy products. Vol. 2 / 2007, CRCnetBASEpt. 1. The health benefits of functional dairy products -- pt. 2. Functional dairy ingredients -- pt. 3. Product development.
- Functional food carbohydrates 2007, CRCnetBASEChapter 1. Cereal β-Glucans: Structures, Physical Properties, and Physiological Functions / Athina Lazaridou, Costas G. Biliaderis, and Marta S. Izydorczyk -- Chapter 2. Resistant Starch / Donald B. Thompson -- Chapter 3. Konjac Glucomannan / K. Nishinari and S. Gao -- Chapter 4. Seed Polysaccharide Gums / Steve W. Cui, Shinya Ikeda, and Michael N.A. Eskin -- Chapter 5. Microbial Polysaccharides / Ioannis Giavasis and Costas G. Biliaderis -- Chapter 6. Chitosan as a Dietary Supplement and a Food Technology Agent / Riccardo A.A. Muzzarelli and Corrado Muzzarelli -- Chapter 7. Arabinoxylans: Technologically and Nutritionally Functional Plant Polysaccharides / Marta S. Izydorczyk and Costas G. Biliaderis -- Chapter 8. Carbohydrates and the Risk of Cardiovascular Disease / Gunilla Önning -- Chapter 9. Carbohydrates and Obesity / Gail Woodward-Lopez, Dana E. Gerstein, Lorrene D. Ritchie, and Sharon E. Fleming -- Chapter 10. Dietary Carbohydrates and Risk of Cancer / Joanne Slavin -- Chapter 11. The Role of Carbohydrates in the Prevention and Management of Type 2 Diabetes / Kaisa Poutanen, David Laaksonen, Karin Autio, Hannu Mykkänen, and Leo Niskanen -- Chapter 12.Carbohydrates and Mineral Metabolism / David D. Kitts Chapter 13. Dietary Carbohydrates as Mood and Performance Modulators / Larry Christensen -- Chapter 14. Carbohydrates and Gastrointestinal Tract Function / Barbara O. Schneeman -- Chapter 15. Probiotics, Prebiotics, and Synbiotics: Functional Ingredients for Microbial Management Strategies / G.C.M. Rouzaud -- Chapter 16. Potential Use of Carbohydrates as Stabilizers and Delivery Vehicles of Bioactive Substances in Foods / Pirkko Forssell, Päivi Myllärinen, Piia Hakala, and Kaisa Poutanen -- Chapter 17. Food Regulations: Health Claims for Foods Fortified with Carbohydrates or Other Nutraceuticals / Jerzy Zawistowski.
- Functional foods, ageing and degenerative disease 2004, CRCnetBASEpt. 1. Bone and oral health -- pt. 2. Obesity -- pt. 3. Gut health and immune function -- pt. 4. Cancer.
- Functional foods, cardiovascular disease, and diabetes 2004, CRCnetBASEThe potential and limits of functional foods in preventing cardiovascular disease -- Assessing health claims for functional foods -- Diet and the prevention of coronary heart disease -- The role of fat-soluble nutrients and antioxidants in preventing heart disease -- Vitamin E and other antioxidants in the prevention of cardiovascular disease -- Iron intake and cardiovascular disease -- Diet and diabetes: prevention and control -- Nutritional risk factors in the development of type 1 and type 2 diabetes -- Flavonoids and cardiovascular disease -- Isoflavones and coronary heart disease -- Plant sterols and cholesterol reduction -- Garlic and cardiovascular disease -- Diet, oxidative stress and cardiovascular disease -- Dietary fat, pregnancy and the prevention of heart disease -- Developing polyunsaturated fatty acids as functional ingredients -- Marine micro-organisms as new sources of n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA) -- Developments in fat replacers -- Starch in food: diabetes and coronary heart disease -- The use of cereal beta-glucans to control diabetes and cardiovascular disease -- Grain legumes and the prevention of cardiovascular disease -- Food fermentation by lactic acid bacteria for the prevention of cardiovascular disease.
- Gastrointestinal and liver disease nutrition desk reference 2012, CRCnetBASE"Presents the nutritional consequences and considerations of digestive disorders. Examines the role of nutrition in gastrointestinal and liver disease, including alcoholic and nonalcoholic liver disease, viral hepatitis, cirrhosis, malabsorption, colorectal disease, transplantation, pancreatitis, and inflammatory bowel disease. Includes chapters on food allergy and intolerance, the effects of medicinal plants, and the role of fiber in the gastrointestinal tract. Addresses the challenges of managing nutritional issues for hospitalized patients, and covers eating disorders and ethical issues."--Excerpted from abstract provided by publisher.
- Genomics and proteomics in nutrition 2004, CRCnetBASEPart I: Mouse models of human diseases and gene transcription. 1. Genetic modifiers in rodent models of obesity / Yun Wang, Patsy M. Nishina, and Jurgen K. Naggert -- 2. Quantitative trait loci in obesity and type II diabetes in rodents / Jung Han Kim -- 3. The human sweet tooth and its relationship to obesity / Amanda H. McDaniel and Danielle R. Reed -- 4. The adipose renin-angiotensin system: genetics, regulation, and physiologic function / Brynn H. Voy ... [et al.] -- 5. Regulation of fat synthesis and adipogenesis / Kee-Hong Kim ... [et al.] -- 6. Transcriptional regulation of energy metabolism in liver / Manabu T. Nakamura. Part II: Genomics: large-scale analysis of gene expression by microarray. 7. Design and analysis of microarray studies for obesity research / Marie-Pierre St.-Onge ... [et al.] -- 8. Solving clinical problems in nutrition research with microarrays / Steven R. Smith ... [et al.] -- 9. Genomic approaches to understanding vitamin D action / James C. Fleet -- 10. Gene expression profiling in adipose tissue / Naima Moustaid-Moussa ... [et al.] -- 11. Phytochemicals and gene expression / Orsolya Mezei and Neil F. Shay --12. Gene expression profiling of immune cells: application for understanding aging of immune cells / Sung Nim Han and Simin Nikbin Meydani -- 13. Improving the nutritional value of cereal grains using a genomic approach / Liang Shi and Tong Zhu. Part III: Proteomics: large-scale analysis of protein expression and regulation. 14. Proteomics and genomics to detail responses to extracellular stimuli / James A. Carroll and Clayton E. Mathews -- 15. 2D gel proteomics studies on leukocytes / Ivan C. Gerling and Michael J. Pabst -- 16. Proteomics: tools for nutrition research in the postgenomic era / Arthur Grider -- 17. Proteomic analysis of the adipocyte secretome / Nieves Ibarrola, Akhilesh Pandey, and Chaerkady Raghothama -- 18. Mass spectrometry strategies for proteomic studies / Maya Belghazi and Helene Rogniaux -- Bioinformatics tools / Simon M. Lin, Kimberly F. Johnson, and Seth W. Kullman -- 20. Statistical principles for analysis of array experiments / Arnold M. Saxton and E. Barry Moser.
- Geriatric nutrition 2007, CRCnetBASE1. The aging society and nutrition epidemiology / Shailaja Pulisetty and John E. Morley -- 2. Molecular theories of aging and nutritional interventions / H.J. Armbrecht -- 3. The role of nutrition in the prevention of age-associated diseases / John E. Morley -- 4. Obesity in older adults / Gary A. Wittert -- 5. Sarcopenia and cachexia / John E. Morley and Matthew T. Haren -- 6. Immunity and nutrition / Chantri Trinh -- 7. Nutritional requirements in older adults / David R. Thomas -- 8. Energy balance / John E. Morley -- 9. Water metabolism / David R. Thomas and John E. Morley -- 10. Vitamin disorders / Ramzi R. Hajjar and Zeina Nahhas -- 11. Trace elements / John E. Morley -- 12. Nutritional assessment in older persons / David R. Thomas -- 13. Geriatric assessment and its interaction with nutrition / Julie K. Gammack -- 14. Nutritional assessment in the European community / Juergen Martin Bauer and Dorothee Volkert -- 15. The oral cavity and nutrition / Nathalia Garcia and D. Douglas Miley -- 16. Management of protein-energy undernutrition in older adults / David R. Thomas -- 17. Prescription for enteral nutrition / Zareen Syed and Syed H. Tariq.
- Handbook of antioxidants. 2nd ed., rev. and expanded. 2002, CRCnetBASEI. General Topics -- 1. Food-Derived Antioxidants: How to Evaluate Their Importance in Food and In Vivo / Barry Halliwell -- 2. Measurement of Total Antioxidant Capacity in Nutritional and Clinical Studies / Guohua Cao and Ronald L. Prior -- 3. Quantification of Isoprostanes as Indicators of Oxidant Stress In Vivo / Jason D. Morrow, William E. Zackert, Daniel S. Van der Ende, Erin E. Reich, Erin S. Terry, Brian Cox, Stephanie C. Sanchez, Thomas J. Montine, and L. Jackson Roberts -- II. Vitamin E -- 4. Efficacy of Vitamin E in Human Health and Disease / Sharon V Landvik, Anthony T. Diplock, and Lester Packer -- 5. Vitamin E Bioavailability, Biokinetics, and Metabolism / Maret G. Traber -- 6. Biological Activity of Tocotrienols / Stefan U. Weber and Gerald Rimbach -- III. Vitamin C -- 7. Vitamin C: From Molecular Actions to Optimum Intake / Sebastian J. Padayatty, Rushad Daruwala, Yaohui Wang, Peter K. Eck, Jian Song, Woo S. Koh, and Mark Levine -- 8. Vitamin C and Cardiovascular Diseases / Anitra C. Carr and Balz Frei -- 9. Epidemiological and Clinical Aspects of Ascorbate and Cancer / James E. Enstrom -- IV. Carotenoids -- 10. Carotenoids: Linking Chemistry, Absorption, and Metabolism to Potential Roles in Human Health and Disease / Denise M. Deming, Thomas W-M. Boileau, Kasey H. Heintz, Christine A. Atkinson, and John W. Erdman, Jr. -- 11. Antioxidant Effects of Carotenoids: Implication in Photoprotection in Humans / Wilhelm Stahl and Helmut Sies -- 12. Oxidative Breakdown of Carotenoids and Biological Effects of Their Metabolites / Werer G. Siems, Olaf Sommerburg, and Frederik J.G.M. van Kuijk -- 13. Carotenoids in the Nutrition of Infants / Olaf Sommerburg, Wener G. Siems, Kristina Meissner and Michael Leichsenring -- 14. Human Studies on Bioavailability and Serum Response of Carotenoids / Elizabeth J. Johnson -- V. Polyphenols and Flavonoids -- 15. Caffeic Acid and Related Antioxidant Compounds: Biochemical and Cellular Effects / João Laranjinha -- 16. Polyphenols and Flavonoids Protect LDL Against Atherogenic Modifications / Bianca Fuhrman and Michael Aviram -- 17. Phytoestrogen Content in Foods and Their Role in Cancer / Anna H. Wu and Malcolm C. Pike -- 18. Peroxynitrite Scavenging by Mitochondrial Reductants and Plant Polyphenols / Alberto Boveris, Silvia Alvarez, Silvia Lores Araiz, and Laura B. Valdez -- VI. Antioxidants in Beverages and Herbal Products -- 19. Antioxidant and Other Properties of Green and Black Tea / Philip J. Rijken, Douglas A. Balentine, C. A. J. van Mierlo, I. Paetau-Robinson, E van de Put, Paul T Quinlan, Ute M. Weisgerber, and Sheila A. Wiseman -- 20. The Phenolic Wine Antioxidants / Andrew L. Waterhouse -- 21. French Maritime Pine Bark: Pycnogenol / Gerald Rimbach, Fabio Virgili, and Lester Packer -- 22. Spices as Potent Antioxidants with Therapeutic Potential / Bharat B. Aggarwal, Nihal Ahmad, and Hasan Mukhtar -- VII. Lipoic Acid and Glutathione -- 23. Lipoic Acid: Cellular Metabolism, Antioxidant Activity, and Clinical Relevance / Oren Tirosh, Sashwati Roy, and Lester Packer -- 24. Cellular Effects of Lipoic Acid and Its Role in Aging / Regis Moreau, Wei-Jian Zhang, and Tory M. Hagen -- 25. Vascular Complications in Diabetes: Mechanisms and the Influence of Antioxidants / Peter Rösen, Hans-Jürgen Tritschler, and Lester Packer -- 26. Therapeutic Effects of Lipoic Acid on Hyperglycemia and Insulin Resistance / Erik J. Henriksen -- 27. Bioavailability of Glutathione / Dean P. Jones -- VIII. Melatonin -- 28. Antioxidant Capacity of Melatonin / Russel J. Reiter, Dun-xian Tan, Lucien C. Manchester, and Juan R. Calvo -- 29. Radical and Reactive Intermediate-Scavenging Properties of Melatonin in Pure Chemical Systems / Maria A. Livrea, Luisa Tesoriere, Dun-xian Tan, and Russel J. Reiter -- IX. Selenium -- 30. Selenium: An Antioxidant? / Regina Brigelius-Flohé, Matilde Maiorino, Fulvio Ursini, and Leopold Flohé -- 31. Selenium Status and Prevention of Chronic Diseases / Paul Knekt -- X. Nitric Oxide -- 32. Antioxidant Properties of Nitric Oxide / Homero Rubbo and Rafael Radi.
- Handbook of behavior, food and nutrition 2011, Springer
- Handbook of clinical nutrition and aging. 2nd ed. 2009, Springer
- Handbook of dairy foods and nutrition. 3rd ed. 2007, CRCnetBASEThe importance of milk and milk products in the diet -- Dairy foods and cardiovascular health -- Dairy foods and cancer -- Dairy foods and bone health -- Dairy foods and oral health -- Dairy foods and a healthy weight -- Lactose digestion -- Contribution of dairy foods to health throughout the lifecycle.
- Handbook of dietary fiber 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of fermented functional foods 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of food enzymology 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of food-drug interactions 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of frozen foods 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of functional dairy products 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of functional lipids 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of herbs and spices. Vol. 2 2004, CRCnetBASEpt. 1. General issues -- pt. 2. Particular herbs and spices.
- Handbook of hygiene control in the food industry 2005, CRCnetBASEpt. 1. Risks -- pt. 2. Improving design -- pt. 3. Improving hygiene management and methods.
- Handbook of minerals as nutritional supplements 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of nutraceuticals and functional foods 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of nutraceuticals and functional foods. 2nd ed. 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of nutrition and food 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of nutrition and food. 2nd ed. 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of nutrition and ophthalmology 2007, SpringerNutrition blindness: vitamin A deficiency disorders -- Cataract -- Age-related macular degeneration -- The obesity epidemic: implications for eye health -- Nutrition and diabetic retinopathy -- Retinal vascular disease -- Nutritional amblyopia and B vitamin complex deficiencies -- Zinc and eye health -- Vitamin C and eye health -- The age-related proinflammatory state and eye disease -- Essential fatty acids and visual development in infants -- Inborn errors of metabolism.
- Handbook of nutrition in the aged. 3rd ed. 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of obesity prevention 2007, SpringerWhy obesity prevention? -- What is obesity? Definitions matter -- Descriptive epidemiology of obesity in the United States -- Costs of obesity -- Obesity prevention concepts and frameworks -- Consumer perspectives and consumer action -- The role of government in preventing obesity -- Planning and the built environment -- The food industry role in obesity prevention -- Media, marketing and advertising and obesity -- Global context of obesity -- Organizational change for obesity prevention-perspectives, possibilities and potential pitfalls -- Community-based approaches to obesity prevention: the role of environmental and policy change -- Health care system approaches to obesity -- Workplace approaches to obesity prevention -- Obesity prevention in school and group child care settings -- Individual behavior change -- Obesity risk factors and prevention in early life: pre-gestation through infancy -- Obesity prevention during preschool and elementary school-age years -- Obesity prevention during preadolescence and adolescence -- Obesity prevention during adulthood -- Obesity prevention: charting a course to a healthier future.
- Handbook of organic food safety and quality 2007, CRCnetBASEIntroduction / C. Leifert -- History and concepts of food quality and safety in organic food production and processing / U. Niggli -- Nutritional quality of foods / C.J. Seal and K. Brandt -- Quality assurance, inspection and certification of organic foods / B. van Elzakker and J. Neuendorff -- A new food quality concept based on life processes / J. Bloksma, M. Norholt, M. Huber, G-J. van der Burgst and L. van de Vijver -- Food consumers and organic agriculture / E. Oughton and C. Ritson -- Effects of organic and conventional feeding regimes and husbandry methods on the quality of milk and dairy products / R.F. Weller, C.L. Marley and J.M. Moorby -- Effects of organic husbandry methods and feeding regimes on poultry quality / H. Hirt and E. Zeltner -- Quality in organic, low-input and conventional pig production / A. Sundrum -- Organic livestock husbandry methods and the microbiological safety of ruminant produciton systems / F. Deiz-Gonzalez -- Reducing antibiotic use for mastitis treatment in organic dairy production systems / P. Klocke, M. Walkenhorst, and G. Butler -- Reducing anthelmintic use for the control of internal parasites in organic livestock systems / V. Maurer, P. Hördegen and H. Hertzberg -- Alternative therapies to reduce enteric bacterial infections and improve the microbiological safety of pig and poultry production systems / B. Biavati, C. Santini, C. Leifert -- Dietary exposure to pesticides from organic and conventional food production systems / C. Benbrook -- Levels and potential healty impacts of nutritionally relevant phytochemicals in organic and conventional food production systems / E.A.S. Rosa, R.N. Bennett and A. Aires -- Improving the quality and shelf life of fruit from organic production systems / F.P. Weibel and T. Alföldi -- Strategies to reduce mycotoxin and fungal alkaloid contamination in organic and conventional cereal production systems / U. Köpke, B. Thiel and S. Elmholt -- Reducing copper-based fungicide use in organic crop production systems / R. Ghorbani and S. Wilcockson -- Pre-harvest strategies to ensure the microbiological safety of fruit and vegetables from manure-based production systems / U. Köpke, J. Krämer and C. Leifert -- Post-harvest strategies to reduce enteric bacteria contamination of vegetable, nut and fruit products / G.S. Johanssen -- Fair trade : a basis for adequate producers’ incomes, farm reinvestment and quality and safety focused production / M. Bourlakis and C. Vizard -- Development of quality assurance protocols to prevent GM-contamination of organic crops / R.C. Van Acker, N. McLean and R.C. Martin -- Integration of quality parameters into food safety focused HACCP systems / K. Brandt, L. Lück, U. Kjœrnes, G.S. Wyss, and A. Hartvig Larsen.
- Handbook of prebiotics 2008, CRCnetBASEEndocrinology of the gastro-intestinal tract and modulation of satiety: specific focus on glucagon like peptide-1 / R. Burcelin & P.D. Cani -- Prebiotics and modulation of gastrointestinal peptides / P.D. Cani, R. Burcelin & C. Knauf -- Designing studies and rodent models for studying prebiotics for colorectal cancer prevention / N.J. Emenaker & J.A. Milner -- Colorectal cancer prevention: the role of prebiotics / A. Umar, N.J. Emenaker & J.A. Milner -- Prebiotics and reduction of risk of carcinogenesis: review of experimental and human data / A. Klinder, M. Glei & B.L. Pool-Zobel -- Prebiotics and cancer therapy / H.S. Taper & M.B. Roberfroid -- Pathophysiology of inflammatory bowel diseases / F.Hoentjen & L. A. Dieleman -- Prebiotics in inflammatory bowel diseases / F. Guarner -- Prebiotics and infant nutrition / Y. Vandenplas ... [et al.] -- Prebiotics and nutrition in the elderly: the concept of healthy aging / I.R. Rowland & C. Gill -- Prebiotics and animal nutrition / J. Van Loo -- Food applications of prebiotics / A. Franck -- Prebiotics and food safety / G. Pascal -- Concluding remarks / G.R Gibson & M.B. Roberfroid.General introduction: prebiotics in nutrition / M.B Roberfroid -- Gastrointestinal microflora and interactions with gut mucosa / A.L. Wells, D.M.A. Saulnier, and G.R. Gibson -- Prebiotics: concept: definition, criteria, methodologies, and products / M.B. Roberfroid -- The prebiotic effect: review of experimental and human data / S. Kolida and G.R.Gibson -- Effects of prebiotics on mineral absorption: mechanisms of action / I.J. Griffin & S.A. Abrams -- Prebiotics and the absorption of minerals, a review of experimental and human data / K.M. Hawthorne & S.A. Abrams -- Immune functions and mechanisms in the gastrointestinal tract / A. Dubert-Ferrandon, D.S. Newburg & W.A. Walker -- Prebiotics and the immune system: review of experimental and human data / S. Seifert & B. Watzl -- Triacylglycerols and cholesterol metabolism / M.Beylot, F. Forcheron & D. Letexier -- Prebiotics and lipid metabolism: review of experimental and human data / N.M. Delzenne & A.M. Neyrinck --
- Handbook of vitamins. 4th ed. 2007, CRCnetBASEVitamin A: nutritional aspects of retinoids and carotenoids / A. Catharine Ross and Earl H. Harrison -- Vitamin D / Anthony W. Norman -- Vitamin K / John W. Suttie -- Vitamin E / Maret G. Traber -- Bioorganic mechanisms important to coenzyme functions / Donald B. McCormick -- Niacin / James B. Kirkland -- Riboflavin (vitamin B2) / Richard S. Rivlin -- Thiamine / Chris J. Bates -- Pantothenic acid / Robert B. Rucker and Kathryn Bauerly -- Vitamin B6 / Shyamala Dakshinamurti and Krishnamurti Dakshinamurti -- Biotin / Donald M. Mock -- Folic acid / Lynn B. Bailey -- Cobalamin (vitamin B12) / Ralph Green and Joshua W. Miller -- Choline / Timothy A. Garrow -- Ascorbic acid / Carol S. Johnston -- Vitamin-dependent modifications of chromatin: epigenetic events and genomic stability / James B. Kirkland ... [et al.] -- Accelerator mass spectrometry in the study of vitamins and mineral metabolism / Fabiana Fonseca de Moura, Betty Jane Burri, and Andrew J. Clifford -- Dietary reference intakes for vitamins / Suzanne P. Murphy and Susan I. Barr.
- Healthful lipids 2005, CRCnetBASETrans fatty acids in foods and their labeling regulations / Nimal W.M. Ratnayake and C. Zehaluk -- Safety, regulatory aspects, and public acceptance of genetically modified lipids / Ravigadevi Sambanthamurthi, Sharifah Shahrul, and G.K. Ahmad Parveez -- Production, processing, and refining of oils / Ernesto Hernandez -- Novel hydrogenation for low trans fatty acids in vegetable oils / Mun Yhung Jung and David B. Min -- Analysis of lipids by new hyphenated techniques / Huiling Mu -- Supercritical fluid processing of nutritionally functional lipids / Jerry W. King -- Short-path distillation for lipid processing / Xuebing Xu -- Fat crystallization technology / Serpil Metin and Richard Hartel --Dietary fatty acids and their influence on blood lipids and lipoproteins / Tilakavati Karupaiah, Mohd Ismail Noor, and Kalyana Sundram -- Essential fatty acid metabolism to self-healing agents / William E.M. Lands -- Dietary n-6:n-3 fatty acid ratio and health / Sarah Gebauer ... [et al.] -- CLA sources and human studies / Marianne O'Shea, Margriet van der Zee, and Inge Mohede -- Lipids with antioxidant properties / Jan Pokorny and Jana Parkanyiova -- G-linolenic acids : the health effects / Rakesh Kapoor -- Phytosterols and phytosterol esters / Robert A. Moreau -- The effects of eicosapentaenoic acid in various clinical conditions / Andrew Sinclair ... [et al.] -- Lipase reactions applicable to purification of oil- and fat-related materials / Yuji Shimada -- Enzymatic synthesis of symmetrical triacylglycerols containing polyunsaturated fatty acids / Tsuneo Yamane -- Patent review on lipid technology / Oi-Ming Lai, Seong-Koon Lo, and Casimir C. Akoh -- Genetic enhancement and modification of oil-bearing crops / G.K. Ahmad Parveez and Ravigadevi Sambanthamurthi -- Genetically engineered oils / David Hildebrand and Lewamy Mamadou --Emulsion technologies to produce oxidative stable emulsions containing n-3 fatty acids / Min Hu, Eric A. Decker, and D. Julian McClements -- Chemistry for oxidative stability of edible oils / Eunok Choe, Jiyeun Lee, and David Min -- Structured and specialty lipids / Casimir C. Akoh -- Lipids in infant formulas and human milk fat substitutes / Nikolaus Weber and Kumar D. Mukherjee -- Cocoa butter, cocoa butter equivalents, and cocoa butter replacers / Kazuhisa Yamada, Masahisa Ibuki, and Thomas McBrayer -- Margarine and baking fats / Vijai K.S. Shukla -- Nutritional characteristics of diacylglycerol oil and its health benefits / Noboru Matsuo -- Plant stanol ester as a cholesterol-lowering ingredient of Benecol foods / Pia Salo ... [et al.] -- Palm oil, its fractions, and components / Oi-Ming Lai.
- Introduction to high-density lipoprotein, dyslipidemia, and coronary heart disease -- Regulation of ApoA-I gene expression and prospects to increase plasma ApoA-I and HDL levels -- High density lipoprotein particles -- The kinetics and remodeling of HDL particles: lessons from inborn errors of lipid metabolism -- HDL structure, function, and anti-inflammatory properties -- Human apolipoprotein A-I deficiency -- Human apolipoprotein A-I mutants -- ATP binding cassette A1 transporter function and Tangier disease -- The role ABCG1 in cellular cholesterol efflux: relevance to atherosclerosis and endothelial function -- In vitro studies and mass flux of cholesterol between serum and macrophages -- Genetic LCAT deficiency: molecular diagnosis, plasma lipids, and atherosclerosis -- Human cholesteryl ester transfer protein in human HDL metabolism -- The HDL receptor SR-BI -- Genetic loci influencing plasma high density lipoprotein cholesterol concentrations in humans -- Nutritional and lifestyle factors and high-density lipoprotein metabolism -- Effects of ethanol intake on high density lipoprotein metabolism in humans -- Effects of estrogen on HDL metabolism -- Effects of niacin on HDL metabolism -- Effects of statins on HDL metabolism -- Therapeutic regulation of high-density lipoprotein transport in the metabolic syndrome -- Effects of cholesterol ester transfer protein inhibition on HDL metabolism -- HDL infusion therapy -- High-density lipoproteins, dyslipidemia, and heart disease: past, present, and future.
- Home care enteral feeding 2005, KargerMalnutrition in the developing world: the lack of food scenario / D. Labadarios -- Are older people starving to death in a world of plenty? -- D.R. Thomas -- Physiological vs. pathological changes of nutritional status over life time -- M.J. Müller ... [et al.] -- Home enteral nutrition demographics and utilization in the United States / M.H. Delegge -- Home enteral nutrition epidemiology and legislation in Europe / A. Van Gossum -- When does malnutrition become a risk? / L. Genton ... [et al.] -- What are the goals of nutrition support? The example of home enteral nutrition / X. Hʹebuterne, S.M. Schneider, -- Oral protein and energy supplementation in older people: a systematic review of randomized trials / A.C. Milne, A. Avenell, J. Potter -- Efficacy of enteral and parenteral nutrition in cancer patients / F. Bozzetti, V. Bozzetti, -- Ethics and economics of nutritional support / A.L. Buchman -- Pathophysiology of weight loss in older persons / J.E. Morley -- Interaction between nutrition, intestinal flora and the gastrointestinal immune system / H. Lochs -- Psychoimmunology of nutrition / B. Lesourd -- How can we impact the immune system with pre- and probiotics? / E.J. Schiffrin, A. Donnet, S. Blum -- How can we modulate cytokine production and action? / L. Cynober -- How can we improve functional outcomes? / M. Elia.
- Impact of maternal nutrition on the offspring 2004, KargerMaternal nutrition and adverse pregnancy outcomes: lessons from epidemiology / Kramer, M.S. -- Metabolic disease: evolutionary, developmental and transgenerational influences / Gluckman, P.D., Hanson, M.A. -- Nutrient effects upon embryogenesis: folate, vitamin A and iodine / Rosenquist, T.H. ... [et al.] -- Energy requirements during pregnancy and consequences of deviations from requirement on fetal outcome / Butte, N.F. -- Potential effects of nutrients on placental function and fetal growth / Di Renzo, G.C. ... [et al.] -- Essential fatty acids during pregnancy: impact on mother and child / Hornstra, G. -- Dietary essential fatty acids in early postnatal life: long-term outcomes / Uauy, R. ... [et al.] -- Nutrient-induced maternal hyperinsulinemia and metabolic programming in the progeny / Patel, M.S., Srinivasan, M., Laychock, S.G. -- Maternal malnutrition and the risk of infection in later life / Moore, S.E. ... [et al.].-- Size and body composition at birth and risk of type-2 diabetes: a critical evaluation of 'fetal origins' hypothesis for developing countries / Yajnik, C.S. -- Cardiovascular disease in survivors of the Dutch famine / Bleker, O.P. ... [et al.] -- Relationship between maternal obesity and adverse pregnancy outcomes / Waller, D.K., Dawson, T.E. -- Special problems of nutrition in the pregnancy of teenagers / Pencharz, P.B. -- Dietary intervention during pregnancy and allergic diseases in the offspring / Salvatore, S. ... [et al.] -- Future challenges of nutrition in pregnancy and lactation / Lönnerdal, B.
- Impact of pollution on animal products 2008, Springer
- Importance of immunonutrition 2013, KargerArginine and asthma / C.R. Morris -- Changes in arginine metabolism during sepsis and critical illness inÿchildren de betue, C.T.I. / N.E.P. Deutz -- Arginine deficiency caused by myeloid cells : importance, identification and treatment / J.B. Ochoa -- Glutamine supplementation in neonates : is there a future? / J. Neu -- Insulin in human milk and the use of hormones in infant formulas / R. Shamir, N. Shehadeh -- Diet, gut enterotypes and health : is there a link? / F.D. Bushman, J.D. Lewis, G.D. Wu -- Understanding immunomodulatory effects of probiotics / B. Pot, B. Folign, C. Daniel, C. Grangette -- Transforming growth factor and intestinal inflammation : the role of nutrition / F.M. Ruemmele, H. Garnier-Lenglin -- Microbiota modulation: can probiotics prevent/treat disease inÿpediatrics? -- / H. Szajewska -- Membrane composition and cellular responses to fatty acid intakes and factors explaining the variation in response / C. Agostoni, P. Ris, F. Marangoni -- Docosahexaenoic acid and its derivative neuroprotectin D1 displayÿneuroprotective properties in the retina, brain and centralÿnervous system / N.G. Bazan, J.M. Calandria, W.C. Gordon -- Branched-chain fatty acids in the neonatal gut and estimated dietary intake in infancy and adulthood / R.R. Ran-Ressler, R.P. Glahn, S. Bae, J.T. Brenna -- Clinical overview of effects of dietary long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids during the perinatal period / S.A. Scholtz, J. Colombo, S.E. Carlson -- Dietary n-3 LC-PUFA during the perinatal period as a strategy to minimize childhood allergic disease / M. Makrides, A.W. Gunaratne, C.T. Collins.
- Improving the fat content of foods 2006, CRCnetBASEpt. 1. Dietary fats and health -- pt. 2. Reducing saturated fatty acids in food -- pt. 3. Using polyunsaturated and other modified fatty acids in food products.
- Ingredient interactions. 2nd ed. 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Integrating therapeutic and complementary nutrition 2007, CRCnetBASEFundamentals of integrative nutrition / Cynthia A. Thomson and Robert Lutz -- Ayurveda: the mother of traditional medicine / Mari Clements -- Pregnancy and lactation / Amy A. Drescher, Deborah Pesicka, and Judith Shabert -- Infant and child health / Lisbeth Benoit -- Adolescence / Mary Marian, Richard Wahl, and John D. Mark -- Women's health / Pamela Echeverria and Jyotsna Sahni -- Men's health / Aaron W. Crawford -- Skeletal system and joint health / Lisa High ... [et al.] -- Cardiovascular disease / Ellen Augur and Mary Atkinson -- Nervous system / Ame Golaszewski and Leo McCluskey -- Upper gastrointestinal system / Andrea Avery and Pamela Williams -- Promoting small and large bowel health / Susan Roberts and Mary Krystofiak Russell -- Liver disease / Roschelle Heuberger -- Nutrition and the pancreas / M. Patricia Fuhrman ... [et al.] -- Immune system / Ellyn Silverman ... [et al.] -- Renal nutrition / Margaret Furtado and Carlos DaSilva -- Respiratory health / Jennifer Doley, Richard Berry, and Mary Marian -- Ear health / Duke Johnson -- Skin health / Jennifer Doley and Joseph Genebriera.Fundamentals of integrative nutrition / Cynthia Thomson and Robert Lutz -- Ayurveda: the mother of traditional medicine / Mary Clements -- Pregnancy and lactation / Amy Drescher and Judith Shabert -- Infancy & childhood / Lisbeth Benoit and Pamela Williams -- Adolescence / Mary Marian, Richard Wahl, and John D. Mark -- Women's health / Pam Echeverria and Jotysna Sani -- Men's health / Aaron Crawford -- Skeletal & joint health / Lisa High ... [et al.] -- Cardiovascular health / Ellen Augur and Mary Atkinson -- Nervous system / Ame Golaszewski and Leo McCluskey -- Upper gastrointestinal health / Andrea Avery and Pamela Williams -- Diseases of the small and large bowel / Susan Roberts and Mary Russell -- Liver health / Roschelle Heuberger -- Nutrition and the pancreas / M. Patricia Fuhrman ... [et al.] -- The immune system / Ellyn Silverman ... [et al.] -- Renal health / Margaret Furtado and Carlos DaSilva -- Respiratory health / Richard Berry -- Ear health / Duke Johnson -- Skin health / Jennifer Doley and Joseph Genebriera.
- Intestinal failure and rehabilitation 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Introduction to clinical nutrition. 2nd ed., revised and expanded 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Inulin-type fructans 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Iron deficiency and overload 2010, Springer
- Iron physiology and pathophysiology in humans 2012, SpringerCellular iron metabolism -- Proteins of iron homeostasis -- Cellar iron physiology -- Regulation of iron metabolism in mammalian cells -- Concentrating, storing, and detoxifying iron: the ferritins and and hemosiderin -- Iron physiology -- Iron nutrition -- Intestinal iron absorption -- Plasma iron and iron delivery to the tissues -- Iron salvage pathways -- Molecular regulation of systemic iron metabolism -- Erythroid iron metabolism -- Iron and the reticuloendothelial system -- Iron and the immune system -- Disorders of iron homeostasis: anemias -- Iron deficiency -- Liabilities of iron deficiency -- Anemia of inflammation and chronic disease -- Disorders of red cell production and the iron-loading anemias -- Disorders of iron homeostasis: iron overload and related conditions -- Pathology of hepatic iron overload -- Hepatic pathobioogy of iron overload -- HFE-associated hereditary hemochromatosis -- Non-HFE hemochromatosis -- Miscellaneous iron-related disorders -- Iron and liver disease -- Neuropathology and iron: central nervous system iron homeostasis -- Iron metabolism in cancer and infection -- Clinical diagnosis and therapy -- Estimation of body iron stores -- Genetic testing for disorders of iron homeostasis -- Properties of therapeutically useful iron chelators -- Clinical use of iron chelators -- Model systems for studying iron homeostasis -- Mammalian models of iron homeostasis -- Yeast iron metabolism -- Zebrafish models of heme synthesis and iron metabolism.
- Issues in complementary feeding 2007, KargerBreastfeeding and complementary feeding of children up to 2 years of age / K.H. Brown -- Does breastfeeding protect from growth acceleration and later obesity? / A. Singhal -- Later effects of breastfeeding practice: the evidence / D. Turck -- Traditional foods vs. manufactured baby foods / E.L. Ferguson, N. Darmon -- Potential contaminants in the food chain: identification, prevention and issue management / F.P. Scanlan -- The microbiological risk / L. Morelli -- Cereal fortification programs in developing countries / S. Bulusu ... [et al.] -- Processed infant cereals as vehicles of functional components / M. Domelléf, C. West -- Functional ingredients in the complementary feeding period and long-term effects / C. Agostoni, E. Riva, M. Giovannini -- The influence of gluten: weaning recommendations for healthy children and children at risk for celiac disease / S. Guandalini -- Allergic infants: growth and implications while on exclusion diets / K. Laitinen, E. Isolauri -- Weaning infants with malnutrition, including HIV / N.W. Solomons -- Adverse effects of cow's milk in infants / E.E. Ziegler -- Whole cow's milk: why, what and when? / K.F. Michaelsen ... [et al.] -- Meat as an early complementary food for infants: implications for macro- and micronutrient intakes / N.F. Krebs -- Functional fermented milk products / O. Brunser, M. Gotteland, S. Cruchet.
- Lentil 2007, Springer
- Limits of human endurance 2013, KargerCaffeine, exercise, and the brain / R. Meeusen, B. Roelands, L.L. Spriet -- Limits to human endurance : carnitine and fat oxidation / F.B. Stephens, S.D.R. Galloway -- Hydration during intense exercise training / R.J. Maughan, N.L. Meyer -- Intense exercise training and immune function / M. Gleeson, C. Williams -- Physiological and performance adaptations to high-intensity interval training / M.J. Gibala, A.M. Jones -- Effect of beta-alanine supplementation on high-intensity exercise performance / R.C. Harris, T. Stellingwerff -- Dietary protein for muscle hypertrophy / K.D. Tipton, S.M. Phillips -- The role of amino acids in skeletal muscle adaptation to exercise / N. Aguirre, L.J.C. van Loon, K. Baar -- National nutritional programs for the 2012 London Olympic Games : a systematic approach by three different countries / L.M. Burke, N. Meyer, J. Pearce.
- Local Mediterranean food plants and nutraceuticals 2006, KargerEthnobotany -- 'Local food-nutraceuticals': bridging the gap between local knowledge and global needs / Heinrich, M. ... [et al.] -- Gathered Mediterranean food plants: ethnobotanical investigations and historical development / Rivera, D. ... [et al.] -- Disseminating knowledge about 'local food plants' and 'local plant foods' / Rivera, D. ... [et al.] -- Biological activities of 'local foods' -- Plant foods and brain aging: a critical appraisal / Schaffer, S. ... [et al.] -- Local food and cardioprotection: the role of phytochemicals / Visioli, F. ... [et al.] -- A vegetable to meat consumption ratio as a relevant factor determining cancer preventive diet. The Mediterranean versus other European countries / Kapiszewska, M. -- Mediterranean diet as a nutrition education and dietary guide: misconceptions and the neglected role of locally consumed foods and wild green plants / Manios, Y. ... [et al.] -- Development of bioactive substances for functional foods: scientific and other aspects / Weber, P., Flühmann, B., Eggersdorfer, M.
- Management of eating disorders and obesity. 2nd ed. 2005, SpringerBulimia nervosa / Steven J. Romano -- Counseling patients with bulimia nervosa / Tricia Cook Myers and James E. Mitchell -- Pharmacologic therapy of bulimia nervosa / James I. Hudson, Harrison G. Pope, Jr., and William P. Carter -- Prevention of eating disorders: a nutritional perspective / Cheryl L. Rock -- Anorexia nervosa / Steven J. Romano -- Treatment of anorexia nervosa / L.K. George Hsu -- Pharmacological therapy for anorexia nervosa / Walter H. Kaye -- The Internet and eating disorders / David J. Goldstein -- Etiologies of obesity / Richard L. Atkinson -- Medical consequences of obesity and benefits of weight loss / Lalita Khaodhiar and George L. Blackburn -- Obese patients with binge-eating disorder / Marsha D. Marcus and Michele D. Levine -- Overview and the future of obesity treatment / Lisa Terre, Walker S.C. Poston II, and John P. Foreyt -- The role of physical activity, exercise, and nutrition in the treatment of obesity / Edward T. Mannix ... [et al.].Lifestyle modification in the treatment of obesity / Anthony N. Fabricatore and Thomas A. Wadden -- Very low-calorie diets / Stephen D. Phinney -- Pharmacotherapy of obesity / George A. Bray -- Combination therapies for obesity / Richard L. Atkinson and Gabriel Uwaifo -- Genetics and potential treatments for obesity / José R. Fernández and David J. Goldstein -- The role of hunger and satiety in weight management / Michael Penn and David J. Goldstein -- Surgical interventions for the management of obesity / Scott A. Shikora, David Smith, and Julie J. Kim -- Clinical experience in a comprehensive weight-management center / Judy Loper and Richard A. Lutes -- The multidisciplinary team in the management of obesity / Patrick Mahlen O'Neil and Sherry Rieder -- The Internet and obesity treatment / David J. Goldstein -- Barriers to treatment / Arthur Frank -- Prevention of obesity / Barbara C. Hansen.
- Manual on vitamin A deficiency disorders (VADD) 2012, Karger
- Marine nutraceuticals and functional foods 2008, CRCnetBASEMarine fisheries by-products as potential nutraceuticals: an overview / Se-Kwon Kim, Eresha Mendis, and Fereidoon Shahidi -- Omega-3 oils: sources, applications, and health effects / Fereidoon Shahidi -- Omega-3s and their impact on brain health / Genevieve Young and Julie Conquer -- Omega-3 fatty acids in the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases through anti-inflammation and neuroprotection: a review of studies in animal models / Cai Song -- Microencapsulation of marine lipids as a vehicle for functional food delivery / Yulai Jin ... [et al.] -- Chitin and chitosan / Rosalee S. Rasmussen and Michael T. Morrissey -- Production of bioactive chitosan oligosaccharides and their potential use as nutraceuticals / Se-Kwon Kim, Niranjan Rajapakse, and Fereidoon Shahidi -- Glucosamine production and health benefits / Jaroslav A. Kralovec and Colin J. Barrow -- Functional and bioactive peptides from hydrolyzed aquatic food proteins / Hordur G. Kristinsson -- Marine-derived protein hydrolysates, their biological activities and potential as functional food ingredients: ace-inhibitory peptides derived from bonito / Hiroyuki Fujita and Masashi Yoshikawa -- Marine algal constituents / Yvonne V. Yuan -- Beneficial health effects of seaweed carotenoid, fucoxanthin / Kazuo Miyashita and Masashi Hosokawa -- The production and health benefits of astaxanthin / Miguel Olaizola -- Marine algae and polysaccharides with therapeutic applications / J. Helen Fitton, Mohammad R. Irhimeh, and Jane Teas -- Nutraceuticals and functional foods from marine microbes: an introduction to a diverse group of natural products isolated from marine macroalgae, microalgae, bacteria, fungi, and cyanobacteria / Adam M. Burja and Helia Radianingtyas -- Shark cartilage: potential for therapeutic application for cancer--review article / Kenji Sato ... [et al.] -- Calcium from fish bone and other marine resources / Won-Kyo Jung, Fereidoon Shahidi, and Se-Kwon Kim -- Immunoenhancing preparations of marine origin / Jaroslav A. Kralovec and Colin J. Barrow.
- Maternal and child nutrition : 2013, Karger
- Mediterranean diet 2012, SpringerPart 1.The Basics of a Mediterranean Diet --Introduction --History, Composition, Adherence Scores --Part 2.Effects on Diseases --Mechanisms of Action and Effects on Diseases --Cardiovascular Diseases --Alzheimer's Disease --Cancer --Arthritis, Allergies, and Immunologic Disorders --Diabetes and Metabolic Syndrome --Part 3.Weight Loss and Obesity --Weight, Obesity --Part 4.Macronutrients --Macronutrients in an Adherence Score: Carbohydrates, Proteins, Fats, and Alcohol --Fats and Oils --Carbohydrates --Proteins --Alcohol --Part 5.Adopting a Mediterranean Diet --Goal Is Success in Adoption --Meal Plans --Shopping List, Keep On Hand --Resources --Recipes.
- Mediterranean diet 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Global micronutrient deficiencies in childhood and impact on growth and survival : challenges and opportunities / Imdad, A.; Bhutta, Z.A. -- Micronutrients in the treatment of stunting and moderate malnutrition / Penny, M.E. -- Zinc requirements : assessment and population needs / Hambidge, K.M.; Miller, L.V.; Krebs, N.F. -- Role of zinc in child health and survival / Black, R.E.; Fischer Walker, C. -- Global burden and significance of multiple micronutrient deficiencies in pregnancy / Darnton-Hill, I. -- Intervention strategies to address multiple micronutrient deficiencies in pregnancy and early childhood / Imdad, A.; Bhutta, Z.A. -- Vitamin A supplementation, infectious disease and child mortality : a summary of the evidence / Thorne-Lyman, A.; Fawzi, W.W. -- Issues and controversies with vitamin A in childhood / Murgu¡a Peniche, M.T. -- Influence of inflammatory disorders and infection on iron absorption and efficacy of iron-fortified foods / Hurrell, R.F. -- Safety of iron fortification and supplementation in malaria-endemic areas / Brittenham, G.M. -- Are weaning infants at risk of iodine deficiency even in countries with established iodized salt Programs? / Zimmermann, M.B. -- Current challenges in meeting global iodine requirements / Eastman, C.J.; Jooste, P. -- Folate and vitamin B12 : function and importance in cognitive development / Troen, A.M. -- Pros and cons of increasing folic acid and vitamin B12 intake by fortification / Allen, L.H. -- Concluding remarks.
- Melatonin in the promotion of health. 2nd ed. 2012, CRCnetBASE"This new edition presents information on how melatonin is synthesized and produced in the body as well as how this hormone affects several diseases. The book heavily focuses on prevention as well as treatment of various human disease states including behavior disorders, mental disorders, breast cancer, bone health, and gastrointestinal diseases. It covers the role of melatonin in the prevention of oxidative stress, mutagenesis, sun damage, ocular health, gut motility, and detoxification. It also presents mechanisms of melatonin action in humans including cell modulation, signaling mechanisms, protective effects, and melatonin receptors as well as its role as an antioxidant"--Provided by publisher.
- Metabolic issues of clinical nutrition 2004, Karger
- Methods of analysis for functional foods and nutraceuticals 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Methods of analysis for functional foods and nutraceuticals. 2nd ed. 2008, CRCnetBASEPhytoestrogens / B. Dave Oomah and Farah S. Hosseinian -- Analysis of fatty acids in functional foods with emphasis on [omega] 3 fatty acids and conjugated linoleic acid / Gary Dobson -- Analysis of flavonoids in functional foods and nutraceuticals / Laura Bravo and Raquel Mateos -- Exploitation of residues from vineyards, olive groves, and wine and oil production to obtain phenolic compounds of high-added value / María D. Luque de Castro, José M. Luque-Rodríguez, and Rafael Japón-Luján -- Anthocyanins / Gary Takeoka and Lan Dao -- Carotenoids and provitamin A in functional foods / María Isabel Mí́nguez-Mosquera, Dámaso Hornero-Méndez, and Antonio Pérez-Gálvez -- Chlorophylls / María Isabel Mí́nguez-Mosquera ... [et al.] -- Water-soluble vitamins / Míguel Ángel Fernández-Muiño, María Teresa Sancho-Ortiz, and Felicidad Valls-García -- Amino acid analysis / Larry R. Massom -- Carbohydrates and other electrochemically active compounds in functional foods / William R. LaCourse.
- Methods of analysis of food components and additives 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Microbial stress adaptation and food safety 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Microbiological risk assessment in food processing 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Milk and milk products in human nutrition 2011, KargerThe role of milk during the life cycle - a global view
- Mineral components in foods 2007, CRCnetBASEMineral components in food: analytical implications / M. Biziuk, J. Kuczynska -- Speciation of mineral components in food: analytical implications / A. Polatajko, J. Szpunar -- Criteria of evaluation of food trace analysis data / B. Szteke -- Chemometric techniques in analytical evaluation of food / P. Szefer -- Functional role of some minerals in foods / M. Nabrzyski -- Mineral components and their species in foods of animal origin and honeys / P. Szefer, M. Grembecka -- Mineral components and their species in plant foods, beverages, luxury food, spices and dietary food / P. Szefer, M. Grembecka -- Trace elements in wines / S. Galani-Nikolakaki, N. Kallithrakas-Kontos -- Heavy metals in food packagings / M. E. Conti -- Pollutants in food: metals and metalloids / C. Reilly -- Pollutants in food: radionuclides / Z. Oul-Dada -- Assessment of exposure to chemical pollutants in food and water / P.J. Peterson -- Metal contamination of dietary supplements / M.J. Slotnick, J.O. Nriagu.
- Alimentary tract in nutrition / Samuel Klein, Steven M. Cohn, and David H. Alpers -- Assessment of malabsorption / Darlene G. Kelly -- Nutrition and dental medicine / Dominick P. DePaola ... [et al.] -- The esophagus and stomach / William F. Stenson -- Intestinal disaccharidase depletions / Steven R. Hertzler ... [et al.] -- Short bowel syndrome / Khursheed N. Jeejeebhoy -- Inflammatory bowel disease / Anne M. Griffiths -- Celiac disease / J. Joseph Connon -- Nutrition in pancreatic disorders / Massimo Raimondo and James S. Scolapio -- Nutrition in liver disorders and the role of alcohol / Charles S. Lieber -- Molecular basis of carcinogenesis / Dana Rathkopf and Gary K. Schwartz -- Diet and cancer risk / Walter C. Willett and Edward Giovannucci -- Chemoprevention of cancer / Michael B. Sporn -- Nutrition support of the patient with cancer / Mark Schattner and Moshe Shike -- Bone biology in health and disease / Robert P. Heaney -- Nutrition and diet in rheumatic diseases / Sarah L. Morgan -- Osteoporosis / Bess Dawson-Hughes -- Behavorial disorders affecting food intake: eating disorders and other psychiatric conditions / Janelle W. Coughlin and Angela S. Guarda -- Nutritional disorders of the nervous system / Gustavo C. Román -- The hypercatabolic state / Stephen F. Lowry and J. Martin Perez -- Nutrition and infection / Richard D. Semba -- Nutrition in the care of the patient with surgery, trauma, and sepsis / Kenneth A. Kudsk and Gordon S. Sacks --Evolution of knowledge of essential nutrients / Kenneth J. Carpenter and Alfred E. Harper -- Human energy metabolism / John M. Kinney -- Management of infantile diarrhea and dehydration / Samuel J. Fomon -- Proteins and amino acids / Dwight E. Matthews -- Carbohydrates / Nancy L. Keim, Roy L. Levin, and Peter J. Havel -- Dietary fiber / Joanne R. Lupton and Paula R. Trumbo -- Lipids / Peter J.H. Jones and Stanley Kubow -- Cholesterol and other dietary sterols / David Kritchevsky -- Energy needs: assessment and requirements / Nancy F. Butte and Benjamin Caballero -- Electrolytes, water, and acid-base balance / Man S. Oh and Jaime Uribarri -- Calcium / Connie M. Weaver and Robert P. Heaney -- Phosphorus / James P. Knochel -- Magnesium / Robert K. Rude and Maurice E. Shils -- Iron / Richard J. Wood and Alayne G. Ronnenberg -- Zinc / Robert J. Cousins and Janet C. King and Robert J. Cousins -- Copper / Judith R. Turnlund -- Iodine / John T. Dunn -- Selenium / Raymond F. Burk and Orville A. Levander -- Manganese / Alan L. Buchman -- Chromium / Barbara J. Stoecker -- Other trace elements and ultratrace minerals / Curtis D. Eckhert -- Vitamin A and carotenoids / A. Catharine Ross -- Vitamin D / Michael F. Holick -- Vitamin E / Maret G. Traber -- Vitamin K / John W. Suttie -- Thiamin / Roger F. Butterworth -- Riboflavin / Donald B. McCormick -- Niacin / Christelle Bourgeois, Daniel Cervantes-Laurean, and Joel Moss --Nutrition, diet, and the kidney / Joel D. Kopple -- Food allergies and intolerances / Steve L. Taylor and Susan L. Hefle -- Nutrition in the older person / John E. Morley -- Drug-nutrient interactions / Lingtak-Neander Chan -- Enteral feeding / Moshe Shike -- Parenteral feeding / Rex O. Brown and Gayle Minard -- Chronic disease management: the team approach / Maurice E. Shils, Abby S. Bloch, and Patricia Brown -- Nutritional and medical ethics: the interplay of medical decisions, patients' rights, and the judicial system / Maurice E. Shils -- Foundations of a healthy diet / Walter C. Willett and Meir J. Stampfer -- Nutritional implications of vegetarian diets / Patricia K. Johnston and Joan Sabaté -- Dietary recommended intakes: rationale and application / Allison A. Yates -- Dietary goals and guidelines: national perspectives / Johanna T. Dwyer -- Nutrition monitoring in the United States / Marie Fanelli Kuczmarski and Robert J. Kuczmarski -- Food-based dietary guidelines for healthier populations: international considerations / Ricardo Uauy, Eva Hertrampf, and Alan D. Dangour -- Nutrition transition: global trends in diet and disease / Benjamin Caballero -- Sports nutrition / Melvin H. Williams -- Social and cultural influences on food consumption and nutritional status / Sara A. Quandt -- Fads, frauds, and quackery / Stephen Barrett -- Alternative nutrition therapies / Stephen Barrett -- Food processing: nutrition, safety, and quality / John W. Finley, Denise M. Deming, and Robert E. Smith -- Designing functional foods / Wayne R. Bidlack and Wei Wang -- Food additives, contaminants, and natural toxicants and their risk assessments / Steve L. Taylor -- Nutrition labeling of foods and dietary supplements / Kenneth D. Fisher, Elizabeth A. Yetley, and Christine L. Taylor --Nutritional aspects of hematologic diseases / Christopher R. Chitambar and Aok C. Antony -- Nutrition, respiratory function, and disease / Bruce Suckling, Margaret M. Johnson, and Robert Chin, Jr.Pregnancy / R. Elaine Turner -- Lactation / Mary Frances Picciano and Sharon S. McDonald -- Infancy and childhood / William C. Heird -- Adolescence / Margarita S. Treuth and Ian Griffin -- Adulthood / Douglas C. Heimburger -- The elderly / Connie Watkins Bales and Christine Seel Ritchie -- Malnutrition among children in the united states: the impact of poverty / Robert Karp -- Pediatric feeding problems / Richard Katz, Ramasamy Manikam, and Linda Schuberth -- Protein-energy malnutrition / Benjamin Torún -- Inherited metabolic disease: amino acids, organic acids, and galactose / Louis J. Elsas, II, and Phyllis B. Acosta -- Inherited metabolic disease: defects of ?-oxidation / Jerry Vockley and Deborah L. Renaud -- Childhood obesity / William H. Dietz -- Nutritional management of infants and children with specific diseases or other conditions / Arthur Cooper and William C. Heird -- Metabolic syndrome: definition, relationship to insulin resistance, and clinical utility / Gerald M. Reaven -- Obesity: etiology / James O. Hill, Victoria A. Catenacci, and Holly R. Wyatt -- Obesity: management / Thomas A. Wadden, Kirstin J. Byrne, and Stephanie Krauthamer-Ewing -- Diabetes mellitus / James W. Anderson -- Nutrient and genetic regulation of lipoprotein: metabolism / Margo A. Denke -- Nutrition in the management of disorders of serum lipids and lipoproteins / Scott M. Grundy -- Nutrition, diet, and hypertension / Theodore A. Kotchen and Jane Morley Kotchen -- Congestive heart failure / John R. Hoyle and Frederic R. Kahl --Vitamin B6 / Amy D. Mackey, Steven R. Davis, and Jesse F. Gregory, III -- Pantothenic acid / Paula R. Trumbo -- Folic acid / Ralph Carmel -- Cobalamin (vitamin B12) / Ralph Carmel -- Biotin / Donald M. Mock -- Vitamin C / Mark Levine, Arie Katz, and Sebastian J. Padayatty -- Choline and phosphatidylcholine / Steven H. Zeisel and Mihai D. Niculescu -- Carnitine / Charles J. Rebouche -- Homocysteine, cysteine, and taurine / Martha H. Stipanuk -- Glutamine / Alan L. Buchman -- Arginine and nitric oxide / Benjamin M. Chionglo Sy, Erin E. Dweik, and Raed A. Dweik -- Phytochemicals / Ronald L. Prior -- Clinical manifestations of nutrient deficiencies / Douglas C. Heimburger, Donald S. McLaren, and Maurice E. Shils -- Nutrient regulation of gene expression and nutritional genomics / Robert J. Cousins -- Polymorphisms: effect on nutrient utilization and metabolism / Patrick J. Stover and Cutberto Garza -- Hormones and growth factors / Irwin J. Brodsky -- Cytokines and eicosanoids / Joseph G. Cannon -- Nutrition and the immune system / Gabriel Fernandes, Christopher A. Jolly, and Richard A. Lawrence -- Oxidant defense in oxidative and nitrosative stress / James A. Thomas -- The chemical senses and nutrition / Richard D. Mattes -- Controls of food intake / Gerard P. Smith -- Physical activity, fitness, and health / Gary R. Hunter -- Metabolic consequences of starvation / L. John Hoffer -- Body composition and anthropometry / Steven B. Heymsfield and Richard Baumgartner --
- Modifying lipids for use in food 2006, CRCnetBASEpt. 1. Understanding food lipid structure and composition -- pt. 2. Modifying lipids for use in food -- pt. 3. Applications of modified lipids in food.
- Molecular basis of human nutrition 2003, CRCnetBASE
- More on Mediterranean diets 2007, KargerModified Cretan Mediterranean diet in the prevention of coronary heart disease and cancer: an update / de Lorgeril, M., Salen, P. -- Endothelial nitric oxide synthase as a mediator of the positive health effects of Mediterranean diets and wine against metabolic syndrome / Leighton, F., Urquiaga, I. -- Effects of an omega-3-enriched Mediterranean diet (modified diet of Crete) versus a Swedish diet / Friberg, P., Johansson, M. -- Dietary fat intake of European countries in the Mediterranean area: an update / Marangoni, F., Martiello, A., Galli, C. -- The Mediterranean diet in Italy: an update / Rubba, P. ... [et al.] -- A Mediterranean diet is not enough for health: physical fitness is an important additional contributor to health for the adults of tomorrow / Castillo-Garzón, M.J. ... [et al.] -- Mediterranean diet in the Maghreb: an update / Zeghichi-Hamri, S., Kallithraka, S. -- Antioxidants in the Mediterranean diets: an update / Bogani, P., Visioli, F. -- Olive oil / Boskou, D. -- Melatonin in edible plants (phytomelatonin): identification, concentrations, bioavailability and proposed functions / Reiter, R.J. ... [et al.].
- Mushrooms. 2nd ed. 2004, CRCnetBASE
- NASH and nutritional therapy 2005, Springer
- Natural antimicrobials for the minimal processing of foods 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Natural colorants for food and nutraceutical uses 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Novel food ingredients for weight control 2007, CRCnetBASEpt. 1. Food and obesity: 1. Lipid metabolism : its role in energy regulation and obesity / M. Leonhardt and W. Langhans ; 2. Hunger and satiety : relation to body weight control / H.F.J. Hendriks ... [et al.] ; 3. Glycaemic control, insulin resistance and obesity / I. Aeberli and M. Zimmermann ; 4. Controlling lipogenesis and thermogenesis and the use of ergogenic aids for weight control / A. Palou and M. L. Bonet ; 5. Food ingredients implicated in obesity : sugars and sweeteners / G. H. Anderson, T. Akhavan and R. Mendelson -- pt. 2. Ingredients from grains, fruits and vegetables for weight control: 6. b-Glucans / J.-A. Nazare ... [et al.] ; 7. Non-digestible oligosaccharides / N.M. Delzenne ... [et al.] ; 8. Resistant starch / A.M. Birkett and I.L. Brown ; 9. Modified carbohydrates with lower glycemic index / B.R. Hamaker, G. Zhang and M. Venkatachalam ; 10. Novel ingredients for weight loss: new developments / J.D. Stowell -- pt. 3. Dairy ingredients and lipids for weight control: 11. Dietary and supplemental calcium and its role in weight loss: weighing the evidence / G. Gerstner and M. de Vrese ; 12. Conjugated fatty acids, body composition and weight control / J.L. Sebedio ; 13. Omega-3 fatty acids and other polyunsaturated fatty acids and weight control / M. Sr_hede Winzell and B. Ahrn? ; 14. Medium-chain and structured triglycerides : their role in weight control / I. Rudkowska and P. J. H. Jones ; 15. Trans-free oils and fats / E. Flt_er and G. van Duijn.
- Novel food processing technologies 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Nutraceutical and specialty lipids and their co-products 2006, CRCnetBASE1. Nutraceutical and Specialty Lipids / Fereidoon Shahidi and S.P.J.N. Senanayake -- 2. Medium-Chain Triacylglycerols / Yaakob B. Che Man and Marina Abdul Manaf -- 3. Cereal Grain Oils / Roman Przybylski -- 4. Fruit Seed Oils / Liangli Yu, John W. Parry, and Kequan Zhou -- 5. Minor Specialty Oils / Frank D. Gunstone -- 6. Sphingolipids / Fang Fang, Hang Chen, Chi-Tang Ho, and Robert T. Rosen -- 7. Modification and Purification of Sphingolipids and Gangliosides / Scott Bloomer -- 8. Hydroxy Fatty Acids / Thomas A. McKeon, Charlotta Turner, Xiaohua He, Grace Chen, and Jiann-Tsyh Lin -- 9. Tree Nut Oils and Byproducts: Compositional Characteristics and Nutraceutical Applications / Fereidoon Shahidi and H. Miraliakbari -- 10. Gamma-Linolenic Acid (GLA) / Yao-wen Huang and Chung-yi Huang -- 11. Diacylglycerols (DAGs) and their Mode of Action / Brent D. Flickinger -- 12. Conjugated Linoleic Acids (CLAs): Food, Nutrition, and Health / Bruce A. Watkins and Yong Li -- 13. Occurrence of Conjugated Fatty Acids in Aquatic and Terrestrial Plants and their Physiological Effects / Bhaskar Narayan, Masashi Hosokawa, and Kazuo Miyashita -- 14. Marine Conjugated Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids / Yasushi Endo, Si-Bum Park, and Kenshiro Fujimoto -- 15. Marine Oils: Compositional Characteristics and Health Effects / Fereidoon Shahidi and H. Miraliakbari -- 16. Single-Cell Oils as Sources of Nutraceutical and Specialty Lipids: Processing Technologies and Applications / S.P.J.N. Senanayake and Jaouad Fichtali -- 17. Emulsions for the Delivery of Nutraceutical Lipids / Karlene S.T. Mootoosingh and Dérick Rousseau -- 18. Lipid Emulsions for Total Parenteral Nutrition (TPN) Use and as Carriers for Lipid-Soluble Drugs / Hu Liu and Lili Wang -- 19. Modified Oils / Frank D. Gunstone -- 20. Fat Replacers: Mimetics and Substitutes / Barry G. Swanson -- 21. Application of Functional Lipids in Foods / Charlotte Jacobsen, Maike Timm-Heinrich, and Nina Skall Nielsen -- 22. Application of Multistep Reactions with Lipases to the Oil and Fat Industry / Yuji Shimada, Toshihiro Nagao, and Yomi Watanabe -- 23. Structure-Related Effects on Absorption and Metabolism of Nutraceutical and Specialty Lipids / Armand B. Christophe -- 24. Lipid Oxidation in Specialty Oils / Karen Schaich -- 25. Trans Fatty Acids in Specialty Lipids / G.R. List, R.O. Adlof, and J.W. King -- 26. Tocopherols and Tocotrienols as Byproducts of Edible Oil Processing / Vitamin E: A New Perspective Andreas M. Papas -- 27. Plant Sterols and Steryl Esters in Functional Foods and Nutraceuticals / Nikolaus Weber and Kumar D. Mukherjee -- 28. Phospholipids/Lecithin: A Class of Nutraceutical Lipids / Frank T. Orthoefer and G.R. List -- 29. Centrifugal Partition Chromatography (CPC) as a New Tool for Preparative-Scale Purification of Lipid and Related Compounds / Udaya Wanasundara and Paul Fedec -- 30. Oilseed Medicinals: Applications in Drugs and Functional Foods / Robert D. Reichert.
- Nutraceutical proteins and peptides in health and disease 2006, CRCnetBASESection I. Nutrient Absorption System -- Chapter 1. Nutraceutical Proteins and Peptides in Health and Disease: An Overview / Yoshinori Mine and Fereidoon Shahidi -- Chapter 2. Calcium Binding Peptides / David D. Kitts -- Chapter 3. Mineral-Binding Proteins and Peptides and Bioavailability of Trace Elements / D. Bouglé and S. Bouhallab -- Chapter 4. Cholesterol-Lowering Proteins and Peptides / Satoshi Nagaoka -- Chapter 5. Heavy-Metal-Binding Proteins / Jennifer Kovacs-Nolan and Yoshinori Mine -- Chapter 6. Tight-Junction-Modulatory Factors in Food / Makoto Shimizu and Akira Mori -- Section II. The Body's Defense System -- Chapter 7. Antimicrobial Peptides / Judy C.K. Chan and Eunice C.Y. Li-Chan -- Chapter 8. Bovine Milk Antibodies for Protection against Microbial Human Diseases / Hannu Korhonen and Pertti Marnila -- Chapter 9. Avian Immunoglobulin Y and Its Application in Human Health and Disease / Jennifer Kovacs-Nolan, Yoshinori Mine, and Hajime Hatta -- Chapter 10. Antiangiogenic Proteins, Peptides, and Amino Acids / Jack N. Losso and Hiba A. Bawadi -- Chapter 11. Relevance of Growth Factors for the Gastrointestinal Tract and Other Organs / Subrata Ghosh and Raymond J. Playford -- Chapter 12. Cystatin: A Novel Bioactive Protein / Soichiro Nakamura -- Section III. The Body's Regulating System -- Chapter 13. ACE Inhibitory Peptides / Hans Meisel, Daniel J. Walsh, Brian Murray, and Richard J. FitzGerald -- Chapter 14 Regulation of Bone Metabolism: Milk Basic Protein / Yukihiro Takada and Seiichiro Aoe -- Chapter 15. Anticariogenic Peptides / K.J. Cross, N.L. Huq, and E.C. Reynolds -- Chapter 16. The Potential Therapeutic Role of Fibrinolytic Enzymes from Food in Cardiovascular Disease / Ada H.-K. Wong and Yoshinori Mine -- Section IV. The Body's Nervous System -- Chapter 17. Opioid Peptides / Benjamin Guesdon, Lisa Pichon, and Daniel Tomé.
- Nutraceuticals and cancer 2012, Springer
- Nutraceuticals in health and disease prevention 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Nutrient acquisition by plants 2005, Springer
- Nutrient-drug interactions 2007, CRCnetBASEDiabetes, obesity, and metabolic syndrome -- Hypolipidemic therapy: drugs, diet, and interactive effects -- Phytochemicals, xenobiotic metabolism, and carcinogenesis -- Nutrient and phytochemical modulation of cancer treatment -- Role of nutritional antioxidants in the prevention and treatment of neurodegenerative disorders -- Nutrients and herbals in the pharmacotherapy of unipolar/major depression -- Supplements and anethesiology -- Nutrient-and drug-responsive polymorphic genes as nutrigenomic tools for prevention of cardiovascular disease and cancer -- Nutrigenomics and pharmacogenomics of human cancer: on the road from nutrigenetics and pharmacogenetics.
- Nutrient-gene interactions in cancer 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Nutrients, dietary supplements, and nutriceuticals 2011, SpringerDesign of economic incentive instruments in nutrition policy -- Nutrition policy for the prevention of disease: issues of cost-effectiveness -- Economics of food fortification -- The economic value of dietary supplements: part I -- The economic value of dietary supplements: part II -- Fruit and vegetable prices, dietary intakes and income: potential cost versus benefit -- The role of ethnicity in shaping dietary patterns: a review on the social and psychological correlates of food consumption -- Low cost food, recovery and death in malnourished children -- Using price incentives to increase the consumption of fruits and vegetables among a low-income population -- Cost-effectiveness of nutritional interventions for bone health in children and young adults: what is known and where are the gaps? -- Economic evaluation of dental caries prevention programs using milk and its products as the vehicle for fluorides: cost versus benefits -- Cost effective natural antioxidants -- Zinc intervention strategies: costs and health benefits -- Multifaceted therapeutic value of roselle (hibiscus sabdariffa L. - malvaceae) -- The effectiveness and economical benefits of cosmetic treatments and procedures versus natural treatments and life style changes --Antiviral potential of vegetables: can they be cost-effective agents for human disease? -- Citrus products and their use against bacteria: potential health and cost benefits -- Potential chemopreventive effects of fruits, vegetables, and spices consumed in Mexico -- Bioactive nutritional supplements for chronic kidney disease: potential cost benefits -- Preoperative immunonutrition: cost-benefit analysis -- Nutritional management of hypertension: cost versus benefit -- Cost-effectiveness analysis of the Mediterranean diet for persons after a heart attack -- Nutrition and the benefits of early interventions in diabetes, cardiovascular and noncommunicable diseases -- Cost-effectiveness of glycemic control: economic considerations with lifestyle modification versus pharmacologic therapy in achieving glycemic targets in type 2 diabetes mellitus -- Benefits of low glycemic and high satiety index foods for obesity and diabetes control and management -- Importance and benefits of lifestyles changes versus diabetes drugs in effective management of diabetes -- Cost of pycnogenol supplementation and traditional diabetes treatments per unit of improved health outcome -- Pycnogenol supplementation and cardiovascular health: treatment and cost-benefit analysis.
- Acute topics in sport nutrition ........
- — Food chemical safety Vol. 2, Additive...
- Food consumption and disease risk ......
- — Nutrients, dietary supplements, and n...
- Nutrients, stress, and medical disord...
- — Spirulina in human nutrition and heal...
- Sports drinks ..........................
- — Yeasts in food and beverages ...........
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
Editor: Jianfang, Zhang
Translated & Donated by Muoi Arnold and Keith Arnold former Stanford faculty