Books by Subject
- AORN guidelines for perioperative practice 2015-HighWire
- This text addresses topics such as: community mental health, eating disorders, child abuse and neglect, the abused adult in the family unit, rape and sexual assault, psychosocial aspects of aging, and coping with ADS.
- Business principles for legal nurse consultants 2006CRCnetBASE
- Cardiac nursing. 5th ed. 2005Ovid
- Cardiac nursing. 6th ed. 2010OvidPart I. Anatomy and Physiology -- Part II. Physiologic and Pathologic Responses -- Part III. Assessment of Heart Disease -- Part IV. Pathophysiology and Management of Heart Disease -- Part V. Health Promotion and Disease Prevention.
- Children's respiratory nursing 2013WileyAnatomy and physiology of the respiratory system / Conrad Bosman -- Homeostasis and the respiratory system / Andrew Prayle -- Nursing assessment, history taking, and collaborative working / Janice Mighten -- Investigations / Alan Smyth, Conrad Bosman & Janice Mighten -- Assessment of defects in airflow and lung volume / Haresh Vyas & Caroline Youle -- Oxygen therapy / Jayesh Bhatt & Sarah Spencer -- Long term ventilation / David Thomas & Beverley Waithe -- Management of lung infection in children / Alan Smyth -- Pharmacology and the respiratory system / Andrew Prayle & Janice Mighten -- Management of asthma and allergy / Jayesh Bhatt, Haresh Vyas & Debra Forster -- Complications with lung development & progressive airway injury / Jayesh Bhatt, Chhavi Goel & Sarah Spencer -- Inherited lung disease in children / Alan Smyth, Armanni Prasad & Janice Mighten -- Lung transplantation in children / Helen Spencer & Katherine Carter -- Transition to adult services / Donna Hilton -- Professional issues / Janice Mighten -- Communication an holistic approach / Phil Brewin.
- This text prepares its users to deliver expert care in this most challenging nursing specialty. It addresses neuroanatomy, assessment, diagnostic evaluation and management of the complete range of neurological disorders for which nurses provide patient care, including trauma, stoke, tumors, seizures, headache, aneurysms, infections, degenerative disorders and features new chapters on neurological critical care and peripheral neuropathies. The new edition has been thoroughly revised to reflect standards of care based on evidence-based practice. It now includes separate pathophysiology sections in each chapter, new resource guides, such as internet sites and professional and patient information sources, key points summaries, evidence-based boxes, and nursing research features.
- Mental and emotional disorders -- Infection -- Trauma -- Neoplasms -- Immune disorders -- Hematologic disorders -- Cardiovascular disorders -- Respiratory disorders -- Neurologic disorders -- Musculoskeletal disorders -- Renal and urologic disorders -- Gastrointestinal disorders -- Metabolic disorders -- Endocrine disorders -- Obstetric and gynecologic disorders -- Eye disorders -- Ear, nose, and throat disorders -- Skin disorders.
- With the aging population ever growing, healthcare for persons suffering from stroke and related illnesses is increasingly important. Evidence-Based Nursing Care in Stroke and Neurovascular Conditions provides a comprehensive and practical guide for novice, experienced and advanced practice nurses working with patients suffering from stroke and other neurovascular conditions. With a focus specifically on neurovascular disorders, this highly detailed text offers easy-to-find information on evidence-based care guidelines.
- Florence Nightingale at first hand 2010ebraryA Quick sketch of Florence Nightingale's life -- pt. 1. The Making of Florence Nightingale. Faith and church ; Domestic arrangements, friends, the arts ; Illness and working style ; Companion animals and love of nature ; Last days, will and death -- pt. 2. The Social reformer. Science, law and probability ; Social class, government and politics ; Women and family ; Suggestions for thought -- pt. 3. War. The Crimean War ; Nightingale's 'confidential report' ; War Office reform ; The Geneva Convention, the Franco-Prussian War and Militarism ; Militarism and the causes of war -- pt. 4. Health care, nursing and midwifery. Nightingale's approach to health and healing ; The Nightingale system of nursing ; The Influence of Nightingale nursing worldwide ; The Evolution of nursing practice ; Midwifery training and maternity care ; District nursing -- pt. 5. Workhouse infirmaries and hospitals. Workhouse infirmary reform ; Safer hospitals -- pt. 6. India and Empire. Imperialism, racism and independence ; Famine ; Indian women -- pt. 7. Nightingale's legacy.
- Florence Nightingale on public health care 2004ebrary
- Midwifery -- Prostitution, the contagious diseases acts and the treatment of syphilitic prostitutes -- Women friends, relatives, colleagues and acquaintances.
- Demonstrating Nightingale's astute use of the political process, this series reports her extensive correspondence with royalty, viceroys, cabinet ministers and international leaders, including such notables as Queen Victoria and W.E. Gladstone. It also contains material on family relations.
- Fostering nurse-led care professional practice for the bedside leader from Massachusetts General Hospital 2013ebrary"Nurse leaders exist at every level--from the bedside to the boardroom. But these days, nurse leaders and managers face major changes in health care delivery models that pressure them to improve patient care but at the same time improve efficiency and lower costs. Add to this the demand to provide nursing education and improve retentions, and the pressure can mount and create additional problems for your organization. The solution? Fostering Nurse-Led Care--from three of Massachusettes General Hospital's top nurse executives--tells nurse leaders and care providers the secrets of the professional practice model that has improved system outcomes and increased patient, family, and staff satisfaction for nearly 20 years. The book provides details including developing, implementing, and evaluating a professional practice environment; optimizing quality standards; implementing patient safety measurements and balancing cost with quality; building an effective learning environment; and resolving conflicts and ethical dilemmas"--Page 4 of cover.
- Guidelines for perioperative practice 2015-HighWire
- Initial management of acute medical patients a guide for nurses and healthcare practitioners. 2nd ed. 2012WileyInitial assessment of the acute medical patient / Judith Morgan, Ian Wood -- Vulnerable adults / Louise Nelson ... [et al.] -- Sudden death / Sue Read, Jane Jervis -- Cardiac arrest / Carole Donaldson -- Shock / Judith Morgan, Ian Wood -- Altered consciousness / Ian Wood, Carole Donaldson -- Shortness of breath / Michelle Garner, Susan Hope, Ian Wood -- Chest pain / Michelle Garner -- Abdominal pain and upper gastrointestinal bleeding / Toni Jordan, Ruth Harris, Terry Wardle -- Extremity pain and swelling / Ian Wood.
- This book is a primer for nurses on the topic of nursing informatics and presents the fundamental concepts of health information management from a nursing perspective. Nursing informatics has never been more important as contemporary healthcare offers exciting opportunities for the nursing profession to contribute to the design of emerging eHealth models of care and to ensure resources such as electronic health records and mobile technology are pragmatic and fit for purpose. This new edition contains the best available evidence to inspire and support nurses to think critically about both current and future practice. Introduction to Nursing Informatics is designed for use by practicing nurses and students in undergraduate programs of study and includes a number of contributions from leading international experts who have practiced in the field over a number of years. The information is presented and integrated in a purposeful manner to encourage readers to explore the key concepts of nursing practice, information management and its relationship to informatics. Critically, the content is also linked to case-based examples to contextualize the theory presented.
- Nursing practice and the nursing process -- Standards of care and ethical and legal issues -- Health promotion and preventive care -- Genetics and health applications -- Adult physical assessment -- Intravenous therapy -- Perioperative nursing -- Cancer nursing -- Care of the older or disabled adult -- Respiratory function and therapy -- Respiratory disorders -- Cardiovascular function and therapy -- Cardiac disorders -- Vascular disorders -- Neurologic disorders -- Eye disorders -- Ear, nose, and throat disorders -- Gastrointestinal disorders -- Hepatic, biliary, and pancreatic disorders -- Nutritional problems -- Renal and urinary disorders -- Gynecologic disorders -- Breast conditions -- Endocrine disorders -- Diabetes mellitus and related disorders -- Hematologic disorders -- Transfusion therapy and blood and marrow stem cell transplantation -- Asthma and allergy -- HIV infection and AIDS -- Connective tissue disorders -- Infectious diseases -- Musculoskeletal disorders -- Dermatologic disorders -- Burns -- Emergent conditions -- Maternal and fetal health -- Nursing management during labor and delivery -- Care of mother and neonate during the postpartum period -- Complications of the childbearing experience -- Pediatric growth and development -- Pediatric physical assessment -- Pediatric primary care -- Care of the sick or hospitalized child -- Pediatric respiratory disorders -- Pediatric cardiovascular disorders -- Pediatric neurologic disorders -- Pediatric eye and ear problems -- Pediatric gastrointestinal and nutritional disorders -- Pediatric renal and genitourinary disorders -- Pediatric metabolic and endocrine disorders -- Pediatric oncology -- Pediatric hematologic disorders -- Pediatric immunologic disorders -- Pediatric orthopedic problems -- Pediatric integumentary disorders -- Developmental disabilities -- Problems of mental health -- Appendices: Appendix A: Diagnostic studies and interpretation -- Appendix B: Conversion tables -- Appendix C: Pediatric laboratory values -- Appendix D: Sources of additional information.
- pt. 1. Using the manual -- Nursing students and instructors -- Clinical nursing staff -- Using the manual's CD-ROM to write individualized psychiatric nursing care plans -- pt. 2. Basic concepts -- Fundamental beliefs -- Therapeutic milieu -- Care delivery settings -- Sexuality -- Spirituality -- Culture -- The aging client -- Loneliness -- HIV disease and AIDS -- Homelessness -- Stress -- Crisis intervention -- Community violence -- Community grief and disaster response -- The nursing process -- Evidence-based practice -- Best practices -- Interdisciplinary treatment team -- Nurse-client interactions -- Role of the psychiatric nurse -- Role of the client -- pt. 3. Care plans -- General care plans -- Building a trust relationship -- Discharge planing -- Deficient knowledge -- Noncompliance -- Supporting the caregiver -- Community-based care -- Persistent and severe mental illness -- Acute episode care -- Partial community support -- Disorders diagnosed in childhood or adolescence -- Attention deficit / Hyperactivity disorder -- Conduct disorders -- Adjustment disorders of adolescence -- Delirium and dementia -- Delirium -- Dementia -- Substance-related disorders -- Alcohol withdrawal -- Substance withdrawal -- Dual diagnosis -- Schizophrenia and psychotic disorders/symptoms -- Schizophrenia -- Delusions -- Hallucinations -- Delusional disorder -- Psychotic behavior related to a medical condition -- Mood disorders and related behaviors -- Major depressive disorder -- Suicidal behavior -- Bipolar disorder, manic episode -- Anxiety disorders -- Anxious behavior -- Phobias -- Obsessive compulsive disorder -- Posttraumatic stress disorder -- Somatoform and dissociative disorders -- Somatization disorder -- Conversion disorder -- Hypochondriasis -- Dissociative disorders -- Eating disorders -- Anorexia nervosa -- Bulimia nervosa -- Sleep disorders and adjustment disorders -- Sleep disorders -- Adjustment disorders of adults -- Personality disorders -- Paranoid personality disorder -- Schizoid and schizotypal personality disorders -- Antisocial personality disorder -- Borderline personality disorder -- Dependent personality disorder -- Passive-aggressive personality disorder -- Behavioral and problem-based care plans -- Withdrawn behavior -- Hostile behavior -- Aggressive behavior -- Sexual, emotional, or physical abuse -- Grief -- Disturbed body image -- Living with a chronic or terminal illness -- Neurologic illnesses -- Head injury -- Substance dependence treatment program -- Adult children of alcoholics -- The client who will not eat -- Appendices -- DSM-IV-TR classification -- NANDA taxonomy II: domains, classes, diagnostic concepts, and diagnoses -- Sample psychosocial assessment tool -- Standards of psychiatric mental health clinical nursing practice -- Canadian standards of Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing Practice (2nd ed.) -- Communication techniques -- Defense mechanisms -- Sychopharmacology -- Case study and care plan.
- pt. 1. Using the manual. Nursing students and instructors -- Clinical nursing staff -- Using the electronic care plans to write individualized psychiatric nursing care plans -- Using written psychiatric care plans in nonpsychiatric settings -- Using the Internet -- pt. 2. Key considerations in mental health nursing. Fundamental beliefs -- Therapeutic milieu -- Sexuality -- Spirituality -- Culture -- Complementary and alternative medicine -- The aging client -- Loneliness -- Homelessness -- Stress -- Crisis intervention -- Community violence -- Community grief and disaster response -- The nursing process -- Evidence-based practice -- Best practices -- Interdisciplinary treatment team -- Nurse-client interactions -- Role of the psychiatric nurse -- Role of the client -- Recommended readings -- Resources for additional information -- pt. 3. Care plans. Section 1. General care plans : Care plan 1: Building a trust relationship ; Care plan 2: Discharge planning ; Care plan 3: Deficient knowledge ; Care plan 4: Nonadherence ; Care plan 5: Supporting the caregiver -- Section 2. Community-based care : Care plan 6: Serious and persistent mental illness ; Care plan 7: Acute episode care ; Care plan 8: Partial community support -- Section 3. Disorders diagnosed in childhood or adolescence : Care plan 9: Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder ; Care plan 10: Conduct disorders ; Care plan 11: Adjustment disorders of adolescence -- Section 4. Delirium, dementia, and head injury : Care Plan 12: Delirium ; Care plan 13: Dementia ; Care plan 14: Head injury -- Section 5. Substance-related disorders : Care plan 15: Alcohol withdrawal ; Care plan 16: Substance withdrawal ; Care plan 17: Substance dependence treatment program ; Care plan 18: Dual diagnosis ; Care plan 19: Adult children of alcoholics -- Section 6. Schizophrenia and psychotic disorders/symptoms : Care plan 20: Schizophrenia ; Care plan 21: Delusions ; Care plan 22: Hallucinations ; Care plan 23: Delusional disorder ; Care plan 24: Psychotic behavior related to a medical condition -- Section 7. Mood disorders and related behaviors : Care plan 25: Major depressive disorder ; Care plan 26: Suicidal behavior ; Care plan 27: Bipolar disorder, manic episode -- Section 8. Anxiety disorders : Care plan 28: Anxious behavior ; Care plan 29: Phobias ; Care plan 30: Obsessive-compulsive disorder ; Care plan 31: Post-traumatic stress disorder -- Section 9. Somatoform and dissociative disorders : Care plan 32: Somatization disorder ; Care plan 33: Conversion disorder ; Care plan 34: Hypochondriasis ; Care plan 35: Dissociative disorders -- Section 10. Eating disorders : Care plan 36: Anorexia nervosa ; Care plan 37: Bulimia nervosa -- Section 11. Sleep disorders and adjustment disorders : Care plan 38: Sleep disorders ; Care plan 39: Adjustment disorders of adults.
- Patient Safety and Medication Administration -- Nursing Process Guidelines -- Pharmacologic Classes -- Alphabetical Listing of Drugs by Generic Name.
- Lippincott's Nursing Procedures, 6e, is start-to-finish guide to more than 400 nursing procedures from basic to advanced. This reference outlines every procedure, lists equipment, details each step, and includes rationales and cautions to ensure patient safety and positive outcomes. Concise, clear content targets key information needed to perform procedures safely and accurately at the bedside. Tips, alerts, checklists, illustrations, and tables provide clarity and quick access to key procedural information. Organized alphabetically for easy accessibility, the book includes basic and advanced procedures on key topics, such as: infection control, specimen collection, physical treatments, drug administration, IV therapy, hemodynamic monitoring, as well as procedures related to body systems such as chest tubes, peripheral nerve stimulation, and intra-abdominal pressure monitoring.
- Making sense of spirituality in nursing and health care practice an interactive approach. 2nd ed. 2006ebrarySpiritual heritage of health care -- Spirituality explored -- Spirituality within the context of holism -- Providing spiritual care : using a systematic approach -- Barriers influencing the provision of spiritual care -- Skills required to provide spiritual care -- Developments in spirituality : research and education -- Appendix: spirituality and spiritual care rating scale.
- Foundations of simulation -- Developing clinical competence and confidence -- Creating effective simulation environments -- Creating effective, evidence-based scenarios -- Debriefing and reflective practice -- Evaluating simulation effectiveness -- Using simulation with specific learner populations -- Using health care simulation for interprofessional -- Using simulation in academic environments to improve -- Using simulation in hospitals and health care systems -- Using simulation for risk management and quality -- Using simulation for research -- Defining roles and building a career in simulation -- Credentialing and certification in simulation -- Developing and building a simulation center -- The future of simulation in health care.
- Safety, asepsis, and infection control -- Documenting and reporting -- Essential assessment components -- Hygiene -- Medication administration -- Oxygenation -- Fluids and nutrition -- Elimination -- Activity and mobility -- Rest and comfort -- Perioperative nursing and wound healing -- Special procedures -- Community-based variations.
- Nursing Care of the Pediatric Neurosurgery Patient is a detailed reference for nurses and other health care providers who care for children with neurosurgical problems. The explanations of pathophysiology, anatomy, radiodiagnostic testing, and treatment options for each neurosurgical diagnosis will help to clarify the rationale behind the nursing care. Descriptions of presenting symptoms, history and findings on neurological examination will help nurses understand the neurological disorder and identify problems. Each chapter includes case studies, impact on families, patient and family education, and practice pearls. Staff and student nurses working in clinics, critical care units, pediatric units, operating rooms, post-anesthesia care units, emergency departments, and radiology departments will benefit from the information presented. Although this book is written for nurses, medical students and neurosurgery residents will also find it helpful.
- The bifocal clinical practice model -- Documentation of nursing care -- 11 steps to care planning -- The ill adult : issues and responses -- Response to the surgical experience -- Reducing moral distress in nurses.
- Nursing diagnoses : issues and controversies -- Development of nursing diagnosis -- Types and components of nursing diagnoses -- Nursing diagnosis : what it is, what it is not -- Planning care with nursing diagnosis -- Eleven steps to putting it all together with concept mapping.
- Unit one: Principles of nutrition -- Nutrition in nursing -- Carbohydrates -- Protein -- Lipids -- Vitamins -- Water and minerals -- Energy metabolism -- Unit two: Nutrition in health promotion -- Guidelines for healthy eating -- Consumer issues -- Cultural and religious influences on food and nutrition -- Healthy eating for healthy babies -- Nutrition for infants, children, and adolescents -- Nutrition for adults and older adults -- Unit three: Nutrition in clinical practice -- Obesity and eating disorders -- Feeding patients: hospital food and enteral and parenteral nutrition -- Critical illness and hypermetabolic conditions -- Nutrition for patients with gastrointestinal disorders -- Nutrition for patients with cardiovascular disorders -- Nutrition for patients with diabetes mellitus -- Nutrition for patients with renal disorders -- Nutrition for patients with cancer or HIV/AIDS.
- Nutrition in nursing -- Carbohydrates -- Protein -- Lipids -- Vitamins -- Water and minerals -- Energy balance -- Guidelines for healthy eating -- Consumer issues -- Cultural and religious influences on food and nutrition -- Healthy eating for healthy babies -- Nutrition for infants, children, and adolescents -- Nutrition for older adults -- Obesity and eating disorders -- Feeding patients : oral diets and enteral and parenteral nutrition -- Nutrition for patients with metabolic or respiratory stress -- Nutrition for patients with upper gastrointestinal disorders -- Nutrition for patients with disorders of the lower GI tract and accessory organs -- Nutrition for patients with diabetes mellitus -- Nutrition for patients with cardiovascular disorders -- Nutrition for patients with kidney disorders -- Nutrition for patients with cancer or HIV/AIDS.
- Oncology nursing drug handbook 2015Ovid
- The recent history of medicine is one of great biological and technological advances. Diagnoses are being made earlier, diseases caught sooner, patients living longer. And yet there is one area that lags behind the rest of the field: despite the efforts of graduate courses and training manuals, too many doctors still find communication a challenge. In Patient-Centered Medicine in Transition, the focus is not on skills or tools but on context to improve communication not only with patients, but between colleagues, with management, and within and across teams. Rigorous and readable, this timely manifesto presents new models of team process in patient-centered care, emphasizing their value in reducing harmful medical errors and improving patient care, safety, and outcomes. Further, the author provides significant research evidence supporting democratic approaches to communication in medicine while also addressing vital questions of ethics, empathy, gender dynamics, and physician self-care. Included in the coverage: The epidemic of communication hypocompetence. Patient-centeredness without a center. How doctors think can be judged from how they listen and speak. Working and learning in teams in the new era of health care. Blunting Occam's Razor: team process and complexity theory. Building a collaborative community in medical education research. Patient-Centered Medicine in Transition offers a bold new reconceptualization of an important topic and a roadmap to new frontiers in practice to be read and discussed by researchers and practitioners in medical education.
- Pediatric nursing caring for children and their families. 3rd ed. 2012STAT!Ref, Limited to 7 simultaneous usersChapter 1. Overview of pediatric nursing -- Chapter 2. Legal and ethical issues -- Chapter 3. The child in context of the family -- Chapter 4. Community and home health nursing -- Chapter 5. School Nursing -- Chapter 6. Theoretical approaches to the growth and development of children -- Chapter 7. Growth and development of the newborn -- Chapter 8. Growth and development of the infant -- Chapter 9. Growth and development of the toddler -- Chapter 10. Growth and development of the preschooler -- Chapter 11. Growth and development of the school-age child -- Chapter 12. Growth and development of the adolescent -- Chapter 13. Child and family communication -- Chapter 14. Pediatric assessment -- Chapter 15. Infectious Diseases -- Chapter 16. Care of children who are hospitalized -- Chapter 17. Chronic conditions -- Chapter 18. Pain management -- Chapter 19. Medication administration -- Chapter 20. Loss and bereavement -- Chapter 21. Fluid and electrolyte alterations -- Chapter 22. Genitourinary alterations -- Chapter 23. Gastrointestinal alterations -- Chapter 24. Respiratory alterations -- Chapter 25. Cardiovascular alterations -- Chapter 26. Hematological alterations -- Chapter 27. Immunologic alterations -- Chapter 28. Endocrine alterations -- Chapter 29. Cellular alterations -- Chapter 30. Integumentary alterations -- Chapter 31. Sensory alterations -- Chapter 32. Neurological alterations -- Chapter 33. Cognitive alterations -- Chapter 34. Musculoskeletal alterations -- Chapter 35. Psychosocial alterations -- Chapter 36. Child abuse and neglect.
- Perinatal nursing. 4th ed. 2014OvidPerinatal patient safety and professional liability issues / Kathleen Rice Simpson -- Integrating cultural beliefs and practices when caring for childbearing women and families / Lynn Clark Callister -- Physiologic changes of pregnancy / Susan Tucker Blackburn -- Antenatal care / Mary Lee Barron -- Hypertensive disorders of pregnancy / Judith H. Poole -- Bleeding in pregnancy / Mary Ellen Burke Sosa -- Preterm labor and birth / Nancy Jo Reedy -- Diabetes in pregnancy / Julie M. Daley -- Cardiac disease in pregnancy / Julie Arafeh -- A pulmonary complications in pregnancy / Suzanne McMurtry Baird and Betsy B. Kennedy -- Multiple gestation / Nancy A. Bowers -- Obesity in pregnancy / Mary Ann Maher -- Maternal fetal transport / Judy Wilson-Griffin -- Labor and birth / Kathleen Rice Simpson and Nancy O'Brien-Abel -- Fetal assessment during labor / Audrey Lyndon, Nancy O'Brien Abel, and Kathleen Rice Simpson -- Pain in labor : nonpharmacologic and pharmacologic management / Carol Burke -- Postpartum care / Dotti C. James -- Newborn adaptation to extrauterine life / Debbie Fraser -- Newborn physical assessment / Lyn Vargo -- Newborn nutrition / Jill Janke -- Common neonatal complications / Joan Renaud Smith and Annette Carley.
- This book addresses the psychological consequences of wounds and the psychological components of wound care, building on contemporary research evidence and presenting practical clinical guidelines. Particular emphasis is given to the psychological impact of both wounds and wound treatment. Implications for practice are discussed, making this book both educational and practical. Psychology of Wounds and Wound Care in Clinical Practice is aimed at clinicians, including GPs, vascular surgeons and physicians, nurses, especially tissue viability nurses, and podiatrists, and is also of interest to academic teachers and researchers.
- Rapid infection control nursing 2014ebraryThe Rapids are a series of reference and revision pocket books that cover key facts in a simple and memorable way. Each book contains the common conditions that students and newly qualified nurses encounter on the wards, in the community, and on placements. Only the basic core relevant facts are provided to ensure that these books are perfect and concise rapid refreshers. Rapid Infection Control Nursing is an essential read for all frontline nursing staff working in hospitals or community settings. Designed for quick reference, it explores the essential principles of infection.
- Telenursing 2011Springer
- Textbook of palliative nursing. 2nd ed. 2006MyiLibraryGeneral principles -- Symptom assessment and management -- Psychosocial support -- Spiritual care -- Special patient populations -- End-of-life care across settings -- Pediatric palliative care -- Special issues for the nurse in end-of-life care -- Models of excellence and innovative community projects -- "A good death."
- Wound care. 5th ed. 2005OvidPt. 1. Wound care and prevention. Fundamentals of skin and wound care -- Assessment parameters for skin and wound care -- Mapping laboratory values in wound healing -- Lower-extremity and pressure ulcers -- Preparing and managing the skin and the wound bed -- The art of documentation and outcomes -- Pt. 2. Wound care products. Dressings -- Alginates -- Antimicrobials -- Collagens -- Composites -- Contact layers -- Foams -- Hydrocolloids -- Hydrogels -- Specialty absorptives -- Surgical supplies, miscellaneous -- Transparent films -- Wound fillers -- Other products -- Drugs -- Products -- Pt. 3. Additional dressings and products. Abdominal dressing holders/binders -- Compression bandage systems -- Conforming bandages -- Elastic bandage rolls -- Gauze, impregnated with other than water, normal saline or hydrogel, without adhesive border -- Gauze, impregnated with water or normal saline, without adhesive border -- Gauze, nonimpregnated, with adhesive border -- Gauze, nonimpregnated, without adhesive border -- Tapes -- Wound cleansers -- Wound pouches -- Appendices -- A. Body mass index -- B. Braden scale -- C. Wagner ulcer grade classification -- D. Treatment algorithm for pressure ulcers -- E. Treatment algorithm for arterial ulcers -- F. Treatment algorithm for venous ulcers -- G. Treatment algorithm for diabetic ulcers -- H. Treatment algorithm for diabetic ulcer wound care -- I. Laboratory tests to rule out atypical causes of leg ulcers -- J. Ankle-brachen index use in patients with diabetes -- Manufacturer resource guide.
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Access restricted to Stanford community
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
Can't find it?
Look if we have it in print
- Springer Protocols
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.Large number of high quality software and database programming titles from O'Reilly. Other software titles are also available from Sams and Prentice Hall. Limited to 7 concurrent users.Vast collection of software and database programming titles from multiple publishers, including Microsoft Press.Largest provider of engineering-related eBooks; includes titles in computer science and biomedical engineering.Over 4,000 full-text e-books covering scientific and technical information from CRC Press and others. Many handbooks and single volume reference sources.A repository of medical knowledge from internal medicine, cardiology, genetics, pharmacy, diagnosis and management, basic sciences, patient care, and more. Continuously expanding, all databases in the repository contain the latest editions of selected medical titles.Includes peer-reviewed life science and biomedical research protocols compiled from Methods in Molecular Biology, Methods in Molecular Medicine, Methods in Biotechnology, Methods in Pharmacology and Toxicology, Neuromethods, the Biomethods Handbook, the Proteomics Handbook, and Springer Laboratory Manuals.Contains full text access to selected biomedical and nursing books.Provides one-click access to important clinical resources; includes evidence-based diagnosis and treatment guidelines, Books, EBM articles, Ovid MEDLINE, Drug facts and comparisons, Drug interaction facts, guidelines from National Guideline Clearinghouse, patient handouts (English and Spanish), and local content.ClinicalKey provides access to textbooks, electronic journals, practice guidelines, drug information, and patient education handouts.A collection of biomedical books that can be searched directly by concept, and linked to terms in PubMed abstracts.Provides online, full-text access to Springer's journal titles as well as journals from other publishers. Subjects include: life sciences, chemical sciences, environmental sciences, geosciences, computer science, mathematics, medicine, physics and astronomy, engineering and economics. Also includes eBooks.Collection of over 8 thousand fulltext titles in engineering, math, and basic and applied biomedical research. Coverage is from 1967 to the present.A library of ebooks on a wide array of topics, digitized and made available online in conjunction with the original publishers.