Books by Subject
- 2014 Lippincott's nursing drug guide 2014, OvidNursing Process Guidelines -- Patient Safety and Medication Administration -- Pharmacologic Classes -- Alphabetical Listing of Drugs by Generic Name.
- This seventh edition includes new chapters and maintains popular features from previous editions such as self awareness prompts while adding research boxes and student worksheets at the end of each chapter.
- Print Material
- Business principles for legal nurse consultants 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Cardiac nursing. 5th ed. 2005, Ovid
- Cardiac nursing. 6th ed. 2010, OvidPart I. Anatomy and Physiology -- Part II. Physiologic and Pathologic Responses -- Part III. Assessment of Heart Disease -- Part IV. Pathophysiology and Management of Heart Disease -- Part V. Health Promotion and Disease Prevention.
- Children's respiratory nursing 2013, WileyAnatomy and physiology of the respiratory system / Conrad Bosman -- Homeostasis and the respiratory system / Andrew Prayle -- Nursing assessment, history taking, and collaborative working / Janice Mighten -- Investigations / Alan Smyth, Conrad Bosman & Janice Mighten -- Assessment of defects in airflow and lung volume / Haresh Vyas & Caroline Youle -- Oxygen therapy / Jayesh Bhatt & Sarah Spencer -- Long term ventilation / David Thomas & Beverley Waithe -- Management of lung infection in children / Alan Smyth -- Pharmacology and the respiratory system / Andrew Prayle & Janice Mighten -- Management of asthma and allergy / Jayesh Bhatt, Haresh Vyas & Debra Forster -- Complications with lung development & progressive airway injury / Jayesh Bhatt, Chhavi Goel & Sarah Spencer -- Inherited lung disease in children / Alan Smyth, Armanni Prasad & Janice Mighten -- Lung transplantation in children / Helen Spencer & Katherine Carter -- Transition to adult services / Donna Hilton -- Professional issues / Janice Mighten -- Communication an holistic approach / Phil Brewin.
- Clinical calculations made easy. 3rd ed. 2005, Ovid
- Clinical calculations made easy. 4th ed. 2009, Ovid
- Clinical guide to skin & wound care. 7th ed. 2013, Ovid
- From the Publisher: The new Sixth Edition of this award-winning classic prepares its users for delivering expert care in this most challenging nursing specialty. It addresses neuroanatomy, assessment, diagnostic evaluation, and management of the complete range of neurological disorders for which nurses provide patient care, including trauma, stroke, tumors, seizures, headache, aneurysms, infections, degenerative disorders, and peripheral neuropathies. This edition has been thoroughly revised to reflect standards of care based on evidence-based practice. It now includes case studies, community nursing sections throughout, and increased coverage of normal pressure hydrocephalus, inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy, and Creutzfeld-Jacob disease.
- Diseases. 4th ed. 2006, OvidMental and emotional disorders -- Infection -- Trauma -- Neoplasms -- Immune disorders -- Hematologic disorders -- Cardiovascular disorders -- Respiratory disorders -- Neurologic disorders -- Musculoskeletal disorders -- Renal and urologic disorders -- Gastrointestinal disorders -- Metabolic disorders -- Endocrine disorders -- Obstetric and gynecologic disorders -- Eye disorders -- Ear, nose, and throat disorders -- Skin disorders.
- With the aging population ever growing, healthcare for persons suffering from stroke and related illnesses is increasingly important. Evidence-Based Nursing Care in Stroke and Neurovascular Conditions provides a comprehensive and practical guide for novice, experienced and advanced practice nurses working with patients suffering from stroke and other neurovascular conditions. With a focus specifically on neurovascular disorders, this highly detailed text offers easy-to-find information on evidence-based care guidelines.
- Fostering nurse-led care 2013, ebrary"Nurse leaders exist at every level--from the bedside to the boardroom. But these days, nurse leaders and managers face major changes in health care delivery models that pressure them to improve patient care but at the same time improve efficiency and lower costs. Add to this the demand to provide nursing education and improve retentions, and the pressure can mount and create additional problems for your organization. The solution? Fostering Nurse-Led Care--from three of Massachusettes General Hospital's top nurse executives--tells nurse leaders and care providers the secrets of the professional practice model that has improved system outcomes and increased patient, family, and staff satisfaction for nearly 20 years. The book provides details including developing, implementing, and evaluating a professional practice environment; optimizing quality standards; implementing patient safety measurements and balancing cost with quality; building an effective learning environment; and resolving conflicts and ethical dilemmas"--Page 4 of cover.
- Introduction to nursing informatics. 3rd ed. 2006, Springer
- Keeping patients safe 2004, NAP
- Nursing practice and the nursing process -- Standards of care and ethical and legal issues -- Health promotion and preventive care -- Genetics and health applications -- Adult physical assessment -- Intravenous therapy -- Perioperative nursing -- Cancer nursing -- Care of the older or disabled adult -- Respiratory function and therapy -- Respiratory disorders -- Cardiovascular function and therapy -- Cardiac disorders -- Vascular disorders -- Neurologic disorders -- Eye disorders -- Ear, nose, and throat disorders -- Gastrointestinal disorders -- Hepatic, biliary, and pancreatic disorders -- Nutritional problems -- Renal and urinary disorders -- Gynecologic disorders -- Breast conditions -- Endocrine disorders -- Diabetes mellitus and related disorders -- Hematologic disorders -- Transfusion therapy and blood and marrow stem cell transplantation -- Asthma and allergy -- HIV infection and AIDS -- Connective tissue disorders -- Infectious diseases -- Musculoskeletal disorders -- Dermatologic disorders -- Burns -- Emergent conditions -- Maternal and fetal health -- Nursing management during labor and delivery -- Care of mother and neonate during the postpartum period -- Complications of the childbearing experience -- Pediatric growth and development -- Pediatric physical assessment -- Pediatric primary care -- Care of the sick or hospitalized child -- Pediatric respiratory disorders -- Pediatric cardiovascular disorders -- Pediatric neurologic disorders -- Pediatric eye and ear problems -- Pediatric gastrointestinal and nutritional disorders -- Pediatric renal and genitourinary disorders -- Pediatric metabolic and endocrine disorders -- Pediatric oncology -- Pediatric hematologic disorders -- Pediatric immunologic disorders -- Pediatric orthopedic problems -- Pediatric integumentary disorders -- Developmental disabilities -- Problems of mental health -- Appendices: Appendix A: Diagnostic studies and interpretation -- Appendix B: Conversion tables -- Appendix C: Pediatric laboratory values -- Appendix D: Sources of additional information.
- pt. 1. Using the manual -- Nursing students and instructors -- Clinical nursing staff -- Using the manual's CD-ROM to write individualized psychiatric nursing care plans -- pt. 2. Basic concepts -- Fundamental beliefs -- Therapeutic milieu -- Care delivery settings -- Sexuality -- Spirituality -- Culture -- The aging client -- Loneliness -- HIV disease and AIDS -- Homelessness -- Stress -- Crisis intervention -- Community violence -- Community grief and disaster response -- The nursing process -- Evidence-based practice -- Best practices -- Interdisciplinary treatment team -- Nurse-client interactions -- Role of the psychiatric nurse -- Role of the client --pt. 3. Care plans -- General care plans -- Building a trust relationship -- Discharge planing -- Deficient knowledge -- Noncompliance -- Supporting the caregiver -- Community-based care -- Persistent and severe mental illness -- Acute episode care -- Partial community support -- Disorders diagnosed in childhood or adolescence -- Attention deficit / Hyperactivity disorder -- Conduct disorders -- Adjustment disorders of adolescence -- Delirium and dementia -- Delirium -- Dementia -- Substance-related disorders -- Alcohol withdrawal -- Substance withdrawal -- Dual diagnosis -- Schizophrenia and psychotic disorders/symptoms -- Schizophrenia -- Delusions -- Hallucinations -- Delusional disorder -- Psychotic behavior related to a medical condition -- Mood disorders and related behaviors -- Major depressive disorder -- Suicidal behavior -- Bipolar disorder, manic episode -- Anxiety disorders -- Anxious behavior -- Phobias -- Obsessive compulsive disorder -- Posttraumatic stress disorder -- Somatoform and dissociative disorders -- Somatization disorder -- Conversion disorder -- Hypochondriasis -- Dissociative disorders -- Eating disorders -- Anorexia nervosa -- Bulimia nervosa --Sleep disorders and adjustment disorders -- Sleep disorders -- Adjustment disorders of adults -- Personality disorders -- Paranoid personality disorder -- Schizoid and schizotypal personality disorders -- Antisocial personality disorder -- Borderline personality disorder -- Dependent personality disorder -- Passive-aggressive personality disorder -- Behavioral and problem-based care plans -- Withdrawn behavior -- Hostile behavior -- Aggressive behavior -- Sexual, emotional, or physical abuse -- Grief -- Disturbed body image -- Living with a chronic or terminal illness -- Neurologic illnesses -- Head injury -- Substance dependence treatment program -- Adult children of alcoholics -- The client who will not eat -- Appendices -- DSM-IV-TR classification -- NANDA taxonomy II: domains, classes, diagnostic concepts, and diagnoses -- Sample psychosocial assessment tool -- Standards of psychiatric mental health clinical nursing practice -- Canadian standards of Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing Practice (2nd ed.) -- Communication techniques -- Defense mechanisms -- Sychopharmacology -- Case study and care plan.
- Lippincott's Nursing drug guide. [12th ed.] 2012, Ovid
- Spiritual heritage of health care -- Spirituality explored -- Spirituality within the context of holism -- Providing spiritual care : using a systematic approach -- Barriers influencing the provision of spiritual care -- Skills required to provide spiritual care -- Developments in spirituality : research and education -- Appendix: spirituality and spiritual care rating scale.
- Nurse's legal handbook. 5th ed. 2004, OvidNursing practice and the law -- Working in diverse clinical settings -- Patients' rights -- Understanding malpractice liability -- Lawsuits and the legal process -- Legal risks on the job -- Legal aspects of documentation -- Legal risks while off duty -- Nurses' rights as employees -- Ethical decision making -- Ethical conflicts in clinical practice.
- Safety, asepsis, and infection control -- Documenting and reporting -- Essential assessment components -- Hygiene -- Medication administration -- Oxygenation -- Fluids and nutrition -- Elimination -- Activity and mobility -- Rest and comfort -- Perioperative nursing and wound healing -- Special procedures -- Community-based variations.
- Nursing care of the pediatric neurosurgery patient 2007, Springer
- Nursing care plans & documentation. 4th ed. 2004, Ovid
- Nursing diagnosis. 11th ed. 2006, Ovid"This practical and respected resource presents the essentials of accurate diagnosis, applications, assessment, interventions and rationales, and goals - all in accordance with the latest NANDA guidelines. This informative resource will show you how to relate assessment data to nursing diagnoses, tailor diagnoses to special cases, differentiate nursing diagnosis from medical diagnosis, initiate appropriate nursing interventions, and develop effective care plans! Now with NIC/NOC material, this book will keep you focused on the appropriate goals and interventions associated with each diagnosis"--Book jacket.
- Nursing herbal medicine handbook. 3rd ed. 2006, Ovid
- Nursing procedures. 4th ed. 2004, Ovid"From basic to advanced, this completely updated fourth edition of Nursing Procedures outlines every procedure, details each step thoroughly, and describes rationales and cautions to ensure patient safety and positive outcomes in your daily practice. From amniotomy and Z-track injections to new topics, such as bispectral index monitoring and JCAHO-required surgical site verification - this book covers it all"--Book jacket.
- Unit one: Principles of nutrition -- Nutrition in nursing -- Carbohydrates -- Protein -- Lipids -- Vitamins -- Water and minerals -- Energy metabolism -- Unit two: Nutrition in health promotion -- Guidelines for healthy eating -- Consumer issues -- Cultural and religious influences on food and nutrition -- Healthy eating for healthy babies -- Nutrition for infants, children, and adolescents -- Nutrition for adults and older adults -- Unit three: Nutrition in clinical practice -- Obesity and eating disorders -- Feeding patients: hospital food and enteral and parenteral nutrition -- Critical illness and hypermetabolic conditions -- Nutrition for patients with gastrointestinal disorders -- Nutrition for patients with cardiovascular disorders -- Nutrition for patients with diabetes mellitus -- Nutrition for patients with renal disorders -- Nutrition for patients with cancer or HIV/AIDS.
- Nutrition in nursing -- Carbohydrates -- Protein -- Lipids -- Vitamins -- Water and minerals -- Energy balance -- Guidelines for healthy eating -- Consumer issues -- Cultural and religious influences on food and nutrition -- Healthy eating for healthy babies -- Nutrition for infants, children, and adolescents -- Nutrition for older adults -- Obesity and eating disorders -- Feeding patients : oral diets and enteral and parenteral nutrition -- Nutrition for patients with metabolic or respiratory stress -- Nutrition for patients with upper gastrointestinal disorders -- Nutrition for patients with disorders of the lower GI tract and accessory organs -- Nutrition for patients with diabetes mellitus -- Nutrition for patients with cardiovascular disorders -- Nutrition for patients with kidney disorders -- Nutrition for patients with cancer or HIV/AIDS.
- Pediatric nursing. 3rd ed. 2012, STAT!RefChapter 1. Overview of pediatric nursing -- Chapter 2. Legal and ethical issues -- Chapter 3. The child in context of the family -- Chapter 4. Community and home health nursing -- Chapter 5. School Nursing -- Chapter 6. Theoretical approaches to the growth and development of children -- Chapter 7. Growth and development of the newborn -- Chapter 8. Growth and development of the infant -- Chapter 9. Growth and development of the toddler -- Chapter 10. Growth and development of the preschooler -- Chapter 11. Growth and development of the school-age child -- Chapter 12. Growth and development of the adolescent -- Chapter 13. Child and family communication -- Chapter 14. Pediatric assessment -- Chapter 15. Infectious Diseases -- Chapter 16. Care of children who are hospitalized -- Chapter 17. Chronic conditions -- Chapter 18. Pain management -- Chapter 19. Medication administration -- Chapter 20. Loss and bereavement -- Chapter 21. Fluid and electrolyte alterations -- Chapter 22. Genitourinary alterations -- Chapter 23. Gastrointestinal alterations -- Chapter 24. Respiratory alterations -- Chapter 25. Cardiovascular alterations -- Chapter 26. Hematological alterations -- Chapter 27. Immunologic alterations -- Chapter 28. Endocrine alterations -- Chapter 29. Cellular alterations -- Chapter 30. Integumentary alterations -- Chapter 31. Sensory alterations -- Chapter 32. Neurological alterations -- Chapter 33. Cognitive alterations -- Chapter 34. Musculoskeletal alterations -- Chapter 35. Psychosocial alterations -- Chapter 36. Child abuse and neglect.
- Pediatric oncology nursing 2004, Springer
- Pediatric oncology nursing. 2nd ed. 2010, Springer
- Perinatal nursing. 3rd ed. 2008, OvidPerinatal patient safety and professional liability issues /Kathleen Rice Simpson --Integrating cultural beliefs and practices when caring for childbearing women and families /Lynn Clark Callister --Physiologic changes of pregnancy /Susan Tucker Blackburn --Psychosocial adaptation to pregnancy and postpartum /Jeanne Watson Driscoll --Antenatal care /Mary Lee Barron --High-risk pregnancy --Labor and birth /Kathleen Rice Simpson --Fetal assessment during labor /Kathleen Rice Simpson --Pain relief and comfort measures in labor /Patricia A. Creehan --Postpartum care /Dotti C. James --Newborn adaptation to extrauterine life /Debbie Askin --Newborn physical assessment --Newborn nutrition /Jill Janke --Common neonatal complications /Patricia Nash and Joan Renaud Smith.
- Telenursing 2011, Springer
- Textbook of palliative nursing. 2nd ed. 2006, MyiLibraryGeneral principles -- Symptom assessment and management -- Psychosocial support -- Spiritual care -- Special patient populations -- End-of-life care across settings -- Pediatric palliative care -- Special issues for the nurse in end-of-life care -- Models of excellence and innovative community projects -- "A good death."
- Wound care. 5th ed. 2005, OvidPt. 1. Wound care and prevention. Fundamentals of skin and wound care -- Assessment parameters for skin and wound care -- Mapping laboratory values in wound healing -- Lower-extremity and pressure ulcers -- Preparing and managing the skin and the wound bed -- The art of documentation and outcomes -- Pt. 2. Wound care products. Dressings -- Alginates -- Antimicrobials -- Collagens -- Composites -- Contact layers -- Foams -- Hydrocolloids -- Hydrogels -- Specialty absorptives -- Surgical supplies, miscellaneous -- Transparent films -- Wound fillers -- Other products -- Drugs -- Products -- Pt. 3. Additional dressings and products. Abdominal dressing holders/binders -- Compression bandage systems -- Conforming bandages -- Elastic bandage rolls -- Gauze, impregnated with other than water, normal saline or hydrogel, without adhesive border --Gauze, impregnated with water or normal saline, without adhesive border -- Gauze, nonimpregnated, with adhesive border -- Gauze, nonimpregnated, without adhesive border -- Tapes -- Wound cleansers -- Wound pouches -- Appendices -- A. Body mass index -- B. Braden scale -- C. Wagner ulcer grade classification -- D. Treatment algorithm for pressure ulcers -- E. Treatment algorithm for arterial ulcers -- F. Treatment algorithm for venous ulcers -- G. Treatment algorithm for diabetic ulcers -- H. Treatment algorithm for diabetic ulcer wound care -- I. Laboratory tests to rule out atypical causes of leg ulcers -- J. Ankle-brachen index use in patients with diabetes -- Manufacturer resource guide.
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases