Books by Subject
- 99mTc-Sestamibi clinical applications 2012, Springer
- Atlas of lymphoscintigraphy and sentinel node mapping a pictorial case-based approach 2013, Springer
- Atlas of nuclear cardiology an imaging companion to Braunwald's heart disease. 1st ed. 2012, ClinicalKeyEvaluating myocardial perfusion spect : the normal study / Ernest V. Garcia ... [et al.] -- Interpretation, reporting, and guidelines / Ami E. Iskandrian, Jaekyeong Heo, Lindsey Tauxe -- Image artifacts / E. Gordon Depuey -- Radionuclide angiography / Jaekyeong Heo, Ami E. Iskandrian -- Choice of stress test / Gilbert J. Zoghbi, Fahad M. Iqbal, Ami E. Iskandrian -- Use in stable patients with known or suspected CAD / Gilbert J. Zoghbi, Eva V. Dubovsky, Ami E. Iskandrian -- Serial testing / Fadi Hage, Fahad M. Iqbal, Ami E. Iskandrian -- Patients with PCI and CABG / Gilbert J. Zoghbi, Eva V. Dubovsky, Ami E. Iskandrian -- Patients with acute coronary syndrome / Gilbert J. Zoghbi, Jaekyeong Heo, Ami E. Iskandrian -- Risk-stratification prior to non-cardiac surgery / Fadi Hage, Fahad M. Iqbal, Ami E. Iskandrian -- MPI of special patient groups / Fadi Hage, Eva V. Dubovsky, Ami E. Iskandrian -- Applications in patients with heart failure and cardiomyopathy / Ami E. Iskandrian, Jaekyeong Heo -- Other forms of heart disease / Fadi Hage, Fahad M. Iqbal, Ami E. Iskandrian -- Patients with chest pain in the emergency department / Fadi Hage, Eva V. Dubovsky, Ami E. Iskandrian -- Viability assessment / Ami E. Iskandrian, Jaekyeong Heo -- Extra cardiac incidental findings / Wael Aljaroudi, Eva V. Dubovsky, Ami E. Iskandrian -- Newer tools for assessment of heart failure / Ji Chen -- Improving spect MPI efficiency and reducing radiation / Ernest V. Garcia, Tracy Faber, Fabio Esteves -- Myocardial perfusion Spect/CT : the added value of CT imaging / Fabio Esteves ... [et al.] -- Cardiac PET and PET/CT: artifacts and tracers / Fabio Esteves, Ernest V. Garcia.
- Atlas of nuclear cardiology. Fourth edition [4th ed.] 2013, Springer
- Atlas of PET/MR imaging in oncology 2013, SpringerThis new project on PET/MR imaging in oncology includes digital interactive software matching the cases in the book. The interactive version of the atlas is based on the latest web standard, HTML5, ensuring compatibility with any computer operating system as well as a dedicated version for Apple iPad and iPhone. The book opens with an introduction to the principles of hybrid imaging that pays particular attention to PET/MR imaging and standard PET/MR acquisition protocols. A wide range of illustrated clinical case reports are then presented. Each case study includes a short clinical history, findings, and teaching points, followed by illustrations, legends, and comments. The multimedia version of the book includes dynamic movies that allow the reader to browse through series of rotating 3D images (MIP or volume rendered), display blending between PET and MR, and dynamic visualization of 3D image volumes. The movies can be played either continuously or sequentially for better exploration of sets of images. The editors of this state-of-the-art publication are key opinion leaders in the field of multimodality imaging. Professor Osman Ratib (Geneva) and Professor Markus Schwaiger (Munich) were the first in Europe to initiate the clinical adoption of PET/MR imaging. Professor Thomas Beyer (Zurich) is an internationally renowned pioneering physicist in the field of hybrid imaging. Individual clinical cases presented in this book are co-authored by leading international radiologists and nuclear physicians experts in the use of PET and MRI.
- Basic sciences of nuclear medicine 2011, SpringerBasic physics and radiation safety in nuclear medicine -- Radiopharmacy: basics -- Technetium-99m radiopharmaceuticals -- Radiopharmaceutical quality control -- PET chemistry: an introduction -- PET chemistry: radiopharmaceuticals -- Radiation dosimetry: definitions and basic quantities -- Radiation dosimetry: formulations, models, and measurements -- Radiobiology: concepts and basic principles -- Elements of gamma camera and SPECT systems -- Positron emission tomography (PET): basic principles -- Fundamentals of image processing in nuclear medicine -- Emission tomography and image reconstruction -- Quantitative SPECT imaging -- Quantitative cardiac SPECT imaging -- Tracer kinetic modeling: basics and concepts -- Tracer kinetic modeling: methodology and applications -- Preclinical imaging.
- Biomedical EPR pt. A-B, 2004., Springerpt. B, 2004 SpringerPt. A. Free radicals, metals, medicine, and physiology -- Pt. B. Methodology, instrumentation, and dynamics.
- Nuclear envelope (NE) defects have been linked to cancer biology since the mid-1800s, but it was not until the last few years that we have begun to understand these historical links and to realize that there are myriad ways that the NE impacts on tumorigenesis. The NE is a complex double membrane system that encloses the genome while providing structural support through the intermediate filament lamin polymer and regulating protein/ mRNA trafficking and signaling between the nucleus and cytoplasm via the nuclear pore complexes (NPCs). These functions already provide some mechanisms for NE influences on cancer biology, but work in the past few years has elucidated many others. Lamins and many recently identified NE transmembrane proteins (NETs) have been now shown to function in DNA repair, regulation of cell cycle and signaling, apoptosis, cell migration in metastasis, and nuclear architecture and morphology. This volume presents a comprehensive overview of the wide range of functions recently identified for NE proteins and their relevance in cancer biology, providing molecular mechanisms and evidence of their value as prognostic and diagnostic markers, and suggesting new avenues for the treatment of cancer. Indeed some of these recent links are already yielding promising therapies, such as the current clinical trial of selective inhibitors of the nuclear export factor exportin in certain types of leukemia, melanoma and kidney cancer.
- Case-based nuclear medicine. 2nd ed. 2011, ThiemeSkeletal scintigraphy --Cardiac scintigraphy --Pulmonary scintigraphy --Endocrine scintigraphy --Scintigraphy of neoplastic disease --Radioisotope therapy --Inflammation/Infection/Imaging --Renal scintigraphy --Biliary scintigraphy --Lymphoscintigraphy --CNS scintigraphy --Gastrointestinal scintigraphy --Vascular scintigraphy --Pediatric scintigraphy
- Challenges in radiation protection and nuclear safety regulation of the nuclear legacy 2008, Springer
- Clinical Nuclear Cardiology-now in its fourth edition-covers the tremendous clinical growth in this field, focusing on new instrumentation and techniques. Drs. Barry L. Zaret and George A Beller address the latest developments in technology, radiopharmaceuticals, molecular imaging, and perfusion imaging. Thoroughly revised to include 20 new chapters-Digital/Fast SPECT, Imaging in Revascularized Patients, and more-this new edition provides state-of-the-art guidance on key areas and hot topics with stunning visuals. Online access to the fully searchable text at expertconsult.com includes highly illustrated case studies that let you see the problem using a variety of imaging modalities. In other words, this is an invaluable resource no clinician or researcher in nuclear cardiology should be without. Features an editorial and contributing team of worldwide leaders in nuclear cardiology to provide you with current and authoritative guidance. Includes a section focusing on acute coronary syndromes to provide you with practical management tools for these conditions. Presents a full-color design that allows color images to be integrated throughout the text.
- Clinical nuclear medicine 2007, Springer
- Concise guide to nuclear medicine 2011, SpringerBasic Considerations -- Genitourinary System -- Digestive and Hepatobiliary System -- Endocrine System -- Soft Tissue Infection and Inflammation -- Respiratory System -- Skeletal System -- Cardiovascular System -- Central Nervous System -- Nuclear Oncology -- Therapeutic Applications of Nuclear Medicine.
- Diagnostic nuclear medicine. 2nd rev. ed. 2006, Springer1. Introduction / Christiaan Schiepers, p. 1-4 -- Part 1. Clinical Applications -- 2. Neurochemical Imaging with Emission Tomography: Clinical Applications / Giovanni Lucignani and James Frost, p. 7-37 -- 3. Assessment of Myocardial Viability by Radionuclide Techniques / Roxana Campisi, Felix Keng and Heinrich Schelbert, p. 39-59 -- 4. Thromboembolism Imaging / Henry Royal and David Hillier, p. 61-81-- 5. Renal Imaging / François Jamar and Raffaella Barone, p. 83-100 -- 6. Skeletal Scintigraphy / Christiaan Schiepers, p. 101-111 -- 7. Imaging Infection and Inflammation / Huub Rennen, Chantal Bleeker-Rovers and Wim Oyen, p. 113-126 -- 8. Gastrointestinal Nuclear Medicine / Jean-Luc Urbain, p. 127-134 -- 9. Hepatobiliary Scintigraphy / Mark Tulchinsky, p. 135-152 -- 10. Peptide Imaging / Irene Virgolini and T. Traub-Weidinger, p. 153-184 --11. FDG-PET Imaging in Oncology / Christiaan Schiepers and Carl Hoh, p. 185-204 -- 12. PET/CT in Lung, Head and Neck Cancer / Hans Steinert, Gerhard Goerres and Gustav von Schulthess, p. 205-214 -- 13. PET/CT Imaging in Breast Cancer, Gastrointestinal Cancers, Gynecological Cancers and Lymphoma / Martin Allen-Auerbach, Johannes Czernin and Christiaan Schiepers, p. 215-225 -- 14. Pediatric Nuclear Medicine: A Coming of Age / Helen Nadel and Moira Stilwell, p. 227-244 -- Part 2. Basics of Scintigraphic Imaging -- 15. Radiopharmaceuticals: Recent Developments and Trends / Guy Bormans, Kristin Verbeke and Alfons Verbruggen, p. 247-274 -- 16. Instrumentation and Data Acquisition / Sibylle Ziegler and Magnus Dahlbom, p. 275-290 -- 17. Image Formation / Johan Nuyts and Dirk Bequé, p. 291-310 -- Part 3. Future Outlook -- 18. Imaging Gene Expression: Concepts and Future Outlook / Meike Schipper and Sanjiv Gambhir, p. 313-342 -- 19. Quo Vadis? / Christiaan Schiepers, p. 343-344.
- EPR in the 21st century basics and applications to material, life, and earth sciences : proceedings of the Third Asia Pacific EPR/ESR Symposium, Kobe, Japan, October 29-November 1, 2001 2001, ScienceDirect
- Essentials of nuclear medicine imaging. 6th ed. 2012, ScienceDirectRadioactivity, radionuclides, and radiopharmaceuticals -- Instrumentation and quality control -- Central nervous system -- Thyroid, parathyroid, and salivary glands -- Cardiovascular system -- Respiratory system -- Gastrointestinal tract -- Skeletal system -- Genitourinary system and adrenal glands -- Non-PET neoplasm imaging and radioimmunotherapy -- ¹⁸F-FDG PET/CT neoplasm imaging -- Inflammation and infection imaging -- Authorized user and radioisotope safety issues -- Self-evaluation. Unknown case sets -- Answers to unknown case sets -- Appendix A: Characteristics of radionuclides for imaging and therapy -- Appendix B-1: Radioactivity conversion table for International System (SI) Units (Becquerels to Curies) -- Appendix B-2: Radioactivity conversion table for International System (SI) Units (Curies to Becquerels) -- Appendix C-1: Technetium-99m decay and generation tables -- Appendix C-2: Other radionuclide decay tables -- Appendix D: Injection techniques and pediatric dosages -- Appendix E-1: Sample techniques for nuclear imaging -- Appendix E-2: Abnormal radio pharmaceutical distribution as a result of medications and other extrinsic factors -- Appendix F: Nonradioactive pharmaceuticals in nuclear medicine -- Appendix G: Pregnancy and breastfeeding -- Appendix H-1: General considerations for hospitalized patients receiving radionuclide therapy -- Appendix H-2: Special considerations and requirements for iodine-131 therapy -- Appendix I: Emergency procedures for spills of radioactive materials.
- Festschrift the Institute of Nuclear Medicine, 50 years 2012, Springer
- Fundamentals of nuclear medicine dosimetry 2008, Springer
- Fundamentals of nuclear pharmacy. 6th ed. 2010, SpringerEstablished as a classic text on nuclear chemistry and pharmacy, 'Fundamentals of Nuclear Pharmacy' has been thoroughly revised and now includes new information covering innovations in imaging technology and clinical applications in the field.
- Handbook of nuclear cardiology cardiac SPECT and cardiac PET 2013, SpringerPart 1. Ordering the Test: Nuclear Cardiology Procedures -- 1. SPECT / Robert C. Hendel -- 2. Cardiac Positron Emission Tomography / Justin Lundbye -- Part 2. Patient Selection, Which Patient? -- 3. Overview of Guidelines and Appropriate Use Criteria / Katarina H. Nelson and Robert C. Hendel -- 4. Assessment of Patients with Suspected Coronary Artery Disease / Richard T. Ruffin Jr and Gary V. Heller -- 5. Evaluation of Patients with Known Coronary Artery Disease / Dimitrios Barmpouletos and Gary V. Heller -- 6. Preoperative Evaluation / Niberto A. Moreno and Robert C. Hendel -- 7. The Role of Cardiac Nuclear Imaging in Heart Failure Sanjeev U. Nair and Gary V. Heller -- 8. Myocardial Perfusion Imaging in Specific Patient Populations / Raja C. Pullatt and Gary V. Heller -- Part 3. Test performance: How to do it -- 9. Exercise Stress Testing / Jacqueline V.A. Dawson and Robert C. Hendel -- 10. Pharmacologic Stress Testing / Apurva O. Badheka and Robert C. Hendel -- 11. SPECT Radiopharmaceuticals / Vikas Tandon, Nadine Gauthier, and Terrence D. Ruddy -- 12. SPECT Instrumentation / Jared H. Strydhorst, Ross A. Davies, and R. Glenn Wells -- 13. PET Radiopharmaceuticals / Jean N. DaSilva, Ana C. Valadiva, Ilias Mylonas, Tayebeh Hadizad, Robert A. deKemp, and Rob S.B. Beanlands -- 14. PET Instrumentation / Jennifer M. Renaud, Rob S.B. Beanlands, and Robert A. deKemp -- 15. Radiation Safety / Gary R. Small, Benjamin J.W. Chow, Rob S.B. Beanlands, and Renée Hessian -- Part 4. Test Results: What Do They Mean? -- 16. Interpretation and Reporting of SPECT Myocardial Perfusion Imaging / Robert C. Hendel -- 17. Diagnosis, Risk Stratification and Management of Ischemic Heart Disease with Nuclear Cardiology / Tanyanan Tanawuttiwat and Robert C. Hendel -- Part 5. Comparative effectiveness of Nuclear Cardiology -- 18. Exercise Tolerance Testing / Amyn Malik and Gary V. Heller -- 19. Echocardiography / Melissa J. Tracy and Robert C. Hendel -- 20. Cardiac Computed Tomography Imaging / Talhat Azemi and Gary V. Heller -- 21. Cardiac Magnetic Resonance (CMR) Imaging / Talhat Azemi and Gary V. Heller -- 22. Cardiac Catheterization / Amyn Malik and Gary V. Heller.
- Imaging in nuclear medicine 2013, SpringerThis volume addresses a wide range of issues in the field of nuclear medicine imaging, with an emphasis on the latest research findings. Initial chapters set the scene by considering the role of imaging in nuclear medicine from the medical perspective and discussing the implications of novel agents and applications for imaging. The physics at the basis of the most modern imaging systems is described, and the reader is introduced to the latest advances in image reconstruction and noise correction. Various novel concepts are then discussed, including those developed within the framework of the EURATOM FP7 MADEIRA research project on the optimization of imaging procedures in order to permit a reduction in the radiation dose to healthy tissues. Advances in quality control and quality assurance are covered, and the book concludes by listing rules of thumb for imaging that will be of use to both beginners and experienced researchers.
- Integrating cardiology for nuclear medicine physicians a guide to nuclear medicine physicians 2009, Springer
- Medical Radiation Dosimetry: Theory of Charged Particle Collision Energy Loss provides a uniquely required advanced, comprehensive and definitive theoretical description of the physics of charged particle collision energy loss and the role that it plays in the clinical radiation dosimetry resulting from exposure to ionising radiation. Medical Radiation Dosimetry: Theory of Charged Particle Collision Energy Loss is both an advanced mathematical and physics treatise and an essential reference volume for the medical physics graduate student and the medical radiation physicist working in the field of clinical and research radiation dosimetry. It will assist both audiences in both the understanding of the genesis of the numerical data provided in multiple technical reports and publications, and of the limitations of these data.
- Molecular imaging 2008, SpringerII SpringerWith the increasing interest in the experimental and clinical application of molecular imaging many institutions create research groups or interdisciplinary centers focussing on the complex development process of this new methodology. The aim for this textbook of molecular imaging is to provide an up to date review of this rapidly growing field and to discuss basic methodological aspects necessary for the interpretation of experimental and clinical results.
- Molecular imaging radiopharmaceuticals for PET and SPECT 2009, Springer
- Monte Carlo calculations in nuclear medicine applications in diagnostic imaging. Second edition. [2nd ed.} 2013, CRCnetBASE"Preface Monte Carlo methods have become an important tool for exploring complicated systems and especially for investigation of imaging parameters in nuclear medicine. By using sampling methods based on probability distribution function in combination with methods that simulate the various particle interaction that can occur, a detailed radiation transport can be simulated from the patient into the imaging system. Monte Carlo simulation does not replace experimental measurements but offers a unique possibility to gain understanding in the underlying physics phenomena that form nuclear medicine images. It also provides a substantial help to researchers to develop methods for image improvement. When combining an accurate model of the imaging system and a realistic model of the patient's geometry and activity distribution, the simulated images can be highly clinically realistic and almost undistinguishable from a real patient measurement. The first edition of this book was published in 1998. It was one of the first books that combined a description of the Monte Carlo methods and principles with relevant Monte Carlo programs and applications in the field of diagnostic nuclear medicine. It is now 14 years since that publication and we therefore felt that it was important to have a second edition since new and very powerful Monte Carlo programs and methods have become available. This new edition provides the background to, and a summary of, the current Monte Carlo techniques that are in use today. The focus is still on the diagnostic imaging application but several programs that are described in the book also allow for charge-particle simulations applicable to dosimetryrelated applications"--Provided by publisher.
- Nuclear cardiology study guide a technologist's review for passing specialty certification exams 2014, SpringerThis book presents a comprehensive review of nuclear cardiology principles and concepts necessary to pass the Nuclear Cardiology Technology Specialty Examination. The practice questions are similar in format and content to those found on the Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board (NMTCB) and American Registry of Radiological Technologists (ARRT) examinations, allowing test takers to maximize their chances of success. The book is organized by test sections of increasing difficulty, with over 600 multiple-choice questions covering all areas of nuclear cardiology, including radionuclides, instrumentation, radiation safety, patient care, and diagnostic and therapeutic procedures. Detailed answers and explanations to the practice questions follow. It also includes helpful test-taking tips. Supplementary appendices include commonly used abbreviations and symbols in nuclear medicine, glossary of cardiology terms, and useful websites. Nuclear Cardiology Study Guide is a valuable reference for nuclear medicine technologists, nuclear medicine physicians, and all other imaging professionals in need of a concise review of nuclear cardiology.
- Nuclear endocrinology 2012, SpringerNuclear medicine is an important element of daily practice for the endocrinologist, both for diagnosis and for treatment. The continuous rapid development of nuclear medicine procedures has created the need for a concise, up-to-date practical guide that presents the essential information required by the endocrinologist. This book is designed to ensure ease of use in clinical practice and provides the most relevant information on nuclear medicine as applied to endocrine pathology. It is divided into three sections covering general aspects of nuclear medicine, the role of nuclear endocrinology in diagnosis, and the role of nuclear endocrinology in therapy. The endocrine glands are covered by organ and by pathology. Pertinent background information is provided, choice of radiopharmaceutical is explained, and the role of different image acquisition techniques is discussed. In addition, informative clinical cases are presented with the aid of high-quality images.
- The book is a compilation of guidelines from various organizations such as Society of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging, European Association of Nuclear Medicine, American College of Radiology, and International Atomic Energy Agency. The description of the procedures is simple, easy to understand and current. The aim of this book is: a) Nuclear medicine professionals can use this book as a quick reference about how a procedure is to be performed. The set of instructions given to a patient before, during and after the procedure have also been included in each chapter. b) To educate general physicians about nuclear medicine procedures. The procedures are explained briefly with common indications and precautions. Normal and abnormal nuclear medicine images have also been included for quick comparison. c) To educate paramedical staff or healthcare professionals so that they can brace themselves rather than embrace. By this they can clarify, suffice the eager and send patients to a nuclear medicine department after proper preparation. d) To educate patients who come for nuclear medicine procedure. e) To remove apprehensions and doubts which arise in the mind of the patients.
- Endocrine imaging / William H. Martin, Martin P. Sandler, and M. Reza Habibian -- Radionuclide pulmonary imaging / M. Reza Habibian and Chirayu Shah -- Cardiovascular imaging / João V. Vitola and Dominique Delbeke -- Neurologic imaging / Dominique Delbeke and Carlos Cunha Pereira Neto -- Gastrointestinal and correlative abdominal nuclear medicine imaging / M. Reza Habibian and Chirayu Shah -- Renal scintigraphy / Carlos Cunha Pereira Neto and Dominique Delbeke -- Musculoskeletal scintigraphy / M. Reza Habibian and Carlos Cunha Pereira Neto -- Oncologic imaging / Dominique Delbeke and William H. Martin -- Artifacts / James A. Patton.
- Nuclear medicine imaging an encyclopedic dictionary 2012, SpringerThe rapidly growing and somewhat complex area of nuclear medicine imaging receives only limited attention in broad-based medical dictionaries. This encyclopedic dictionary is intended to fill the gap. More than 400 entries of between one and three paragraphs are included, defining and carefully explaining terms in an appropriate degree of detail. The dictionary encompasses concepts used in planar, SPECT, and PET imaging protocols and covers both scanner operations and popular data analysis approaches. In spite of the mathematical complexities in the acquisition and analysis of images, the explanations given are kept simple and easy to understand; in addition, many helpful concrete examples are provided. Nuclear Medicine Imaging: An Encyclopedic Dictionary will be ideal for those who wish to obtain a rapid grasp of a concept beyond a definition of a few words but do not want to resort to a time-consuming search of the reference literature. The almost tutorial-like style accommodates the needs of students, nuclear medicine technologists, and varieties of other medical professionals who interface with specialists within nuclear medicine.
- Nuclear medicine physics 2011, CRCnetBASE"Edited by a renown international expert in the field, Nuclear Medicine Physics presents a full description of nuclear medicine imaging physics and methodology, serving as a useful reference of the basic physics and various applications in medicine and imaging systems. Written at a level accessible for a wide audience, including graduate students, this book provides advanced knowledge of relevant physical aspects behind modern nuclear imaging techniques, from radioisotope production to data acquisition and processing. Special emphasis is placed on the physics of biological functions from the perspective of their study with radioisotopes and the biological effects of radiation"--Provided by publisher.
- The role of radiation dosimetry in nuclear medicine -- Theoretical tools -- Nuclear properties, structure, and stability -- Radioactive decay: microscopic theory -- Radioactive decay: macroscopic theory -- Photon interactions with matter -- Charged particle interactions with matter -- Radiation fields and radiometrics -- Radiation dosimetry: theory, detection, and measurement -- Biological effects of ionizing radiation -- Nuclear medicine dosimetry -- Anthropomorphic phantoms and models of biological systems -- The biodistribution (I): preclinical -- The biodistribution (II): human -- The biodistribution (III): analysis -- The ethics of using human subjects in clinical trials involving radiopharmaceuticals -- The future of nuclear medicine radiation dosimetry.
- Nuclear medicine technology review questions for the board examinations. Fourth edition. [4th ed.] 2013, SpringerThis book prepares students and technologists for registry examinations in nuclear medicine technology by providing practice questions and answers with detailed explanations, as well as a mock registry exam.The questions are designed to test the basic knowledge required of nuclear medicine technologists, as well as the practical application of that knowledge.The topics covered closely follow the content specifications and the components of preparedness as published by the certification boards.This 4th edition includes expanded coverage of positron emission tomography and other new procedures and practices in the field of nuclear medicine and molecular imaging.
- Nuclear medicine technology study guide a technologist's review for passing board exams 2011, SpringerTackling the Multiple-Choice Test -- Practice Test #1: Difficulty Level - Easy -- Practice Test #2: Difficulty Level - Moderate -- Practice Test #3: Difficulty Level - Hard.
- Part I. Radionuclide Therapy of Malignant Diseases -- 1. Radioimmunotherapy of Lymphoma / Stanley J. Goldsmith -- 2. Radionuclide Therapy of Leukemias / Alain S. Abi-Ghanem -- 3. Radiophosphorus Treatment of Myeloproliferative Neoplasms / Edward B. Silberstein, L. Eugene, and S.R. Saenger -- 4. Radionuclide Therapy of Neuroendocrine Tumors / Andrew Mallia, Marco Maccauro, Ettore Seregni, Chiara Bampo, Carlo Chiesa, and Emilio Bombardieri -- 5. Radionuclide Therapy of Bone Metastases / Alain S. Abi-Ghanem and Katherine Zukotynski -- 6. Radionuclide Therapy in Melanoma / Roger F. Uren, Robert Howman-Giles, and John F. Thompson -- 7. Radioimmunotherapy in Brain Tumors Chiara Maria Grana and Giovanni Paganelli -- 8. Radioiodine Therapy of Differentiated Thyroid Cancer / Ettore Seregni, Andrew Mallia, Carlo Chiesa, Gabriele Scaramellini, Maura Massimino, and Emilio Bombardieri -- 9. Medullary Thyroid Carcinoma / Jean François Chatal, Jacques Barbet, Francoise Kraeber-Bodéré, and David M. Goldenberg -- 10. Local Accelerated Radionuclide Breast Irradiation: Avidin-Biotin Targeting System / Concetta De Cicco and Giovanni Paganelli -- 11. Radiomicrosphere Therapy of Liver Tumors / Seza A. Gulec, Rekha Suthar, and Tushar Barot -- 12. Trans-Arterial I-131 Lipiodol Therapy of Liver Tumors / David K. Leung and Chaitanya Divgi -- 13. Antibody-Targeted Therapeutic Radionuclides in the Management of Colorectal Cancer / Robert M. Sharkey and David M. Goldenberg -- 14. Radioimmunotherapy of Pancreatic Adenocarcinoma / David M. Goldenberg, William A. Wegener, David V. Gold, and Robert M. Sharkey -- 15. Radioimmunotherapy of Renal Cell Carcinoma / Chaitanya Divgi -- 16. Radioimmunotherapy of Prostate Carcinoma -- Part II. Radionuclide Therapy of Benign Diseases / Stanley J. Goldsmith, Scott T. Tagawa, Shankar Vallabhajosula, Anastasia Nikolopoulou, Irina Lipai, David M. Nanus, and Neil H. Bander -- 17. Radioiodine Therapy of Benign Thyroid Diseases: Graves' Disease, Plummer's Disease, Non-toxic Goiter and Nodules / Cumali Aktolun and Muammer Urhan -- 18. Radiosynoviorthesis / Gynter Mödder and Renate Mödder-Reese -- Part III. Special Topics in Radionuclide Therapy -- 19. The Chemistry of Therapeutic Radiopharmaceuticals / Shankar Vallabhajosula -- 20. Pretargeting: Advancing the Delivery of Radionuclides / Robert M. Sharkey and David M. Goldenberg -- 21. Radiobiology as Applied to Radionuclide Therapy with an Emphasis on Low Dose Rate Radiation Effects / David Murray, Razmik Mirzayans, and Alexander J. McEwan -- 22. Release Criteria and Other Radiation Safety Considerations for Radionuclide Therapy / Pat B. Zanzonico -- 23. Challenges Associated with Radionuclide Therapy and Need for Interdepartmental Collaboration / Cumali Aktolun.
- Nuclear medicine-- case review. 2nd ed. 2011, ClinicalKey
- Nuclear medicine. 4th ed. 2014, ScienceDirectRadiopharmaceuticals -- Molecular imaging -- Physics of nuclear medicine -- Radiation detection and instrumentation -- Single-photon emission computed tomography, positron emission tomography, and hybrid imaging -- Endocrine system -- Skeletal scintigraphy -- Hepatobiliary system -- Genitourinary system -- Pulmonary system -- Oncology : positron emission tomography -- Oncology : non -- positron emission tomography -- Gastrointestinal system -- Infection and inflammation -- Central nervous system -- Cardiac system -- Pearls, pitfalls, and frequently asked questions.
- Nuclear oncology pathophysiology and clinical applications 2013, SpringerNuclear Oncology: Pathophysiology and Clinical Applications is a comprehensive textbook covering the increasing role of radionuclide-based technologies in the management of oncologic patients, with disease-oriented chapters giving a detailed overview of current indications and developments. Topics covered include instrumentation, physics, radiobiology, radioguided surgery, and radionuclide therapy, which is discussed with useful separate topics describing the importance of organ function assessment after cancer therapies in the heart, lung, kidney and the gastro-intestinal tract. Additionally, significant aspects of cancer biology and molecular imaging are discussed, as well as appropriate tracers for both single- and positron-emitting radionuclides. Individual chapters in the book focus on the most common cancers occurring in adults and children, detailing radionuclide procedures within an integrated framework identifying the information required for effective treatment of specific tumors. These clinical chapters provide a description of the epidemiology, etiology, histologic and pathophysiologic classification, prognosis, treatment, and most common outcome for each type of cancer. With contributions from a group of internationally-distinguished practitioners, Nuclear Oncology: Pathophysiology and Clinical Applications serves as a valuable compendium of knowledge for nuclear medicine physicians and radiologists and other clinicians involved in the care and management of cancer patients.
- The cell : structure, function, and molecular biology / Shankar Vallabhajosula, Seham Mustafa -- Pathophysiology and mechanisms of radiopharmaceutical localization / Shankar Vallabhajosula, Azu Owunwanne -- Basis of ¹⁸F-FDG positron emission tomography imaging / Seham Mustafa, Abbas Alavi, Abdelhamid H. Elgazzar -- Inflammation / Abdelhamid H. Elgazzar, Magda Elmonayeri -- Nuclear hematology / Kshitish C. Das -- Musculoskeletal system / Abdelhamid H. Elgazzar, Dia Shehab -- Thyroid gland / Salil D. Sarkar -- Parathyroid gland / Abdelhamid H. Elgazzar -- Adrenal gland / Sleiman Naddaf, Abdelhamid H. Elgazzar -- Basis of renal scintigraphy / Salil D. Sarkar, Pravin C. Singhal -- Basis of tumor imaging 1 : principles of tumor pathology and biology / Ezzeldin M. Ibrahim, Jaudah A. Al-Maghrabi -- Basis of tumor imaging 2 : scintigraphic and pathophysiologic correlation / Suman Jana, Hussein M. Abdel-Dayem -- Respiratory system / Abdelhamid H. Elgazzar, Moussa Khadada -- Basis of cardiac imaging 1: myocardial contractility and assessment of cardiac function / Sherif I. Heiba, Mohammad Zubaid -- Basis of cardiac imaging 2 : myocardial perfusion, metabolism, infarction, and receptor imaging in coronary artery disease and congestive heart failure / Josef Machac -- Digestive system 1 : gastrointestinal tract / Fuad Hassan, Eman Al-Enizi, Abdelhamid H. Elgazzar -- Digestive system 2 : liver and biliary tract / Chun K. Kim, Borys R. Krynyckyi, Josef Machac -- Basis and clinical application of brain imaging / James M. Mountz, Elmer C. San Pedro -- Basis of antibody imaging and therapy / Lionel S. Zuckier -- Lymphoscintigraphy / Arthur Z. Krasnow, Abdelhamid H. Elgazzar, Nafisah Kazem -- Basis of pediatric genitourinary imaging / Abdelhamid H. Elgazzar -- Basis of therapeutic nuclear medicine / Abdelhamid H. Elgazzar, Abdullatif Al-Bader -- Biological effects of ionizing radiation / Abdelhamid H. Elgazzar, Nafisah Kazem -- Glossary.
- "This pioneering book, now in its fourth edition, presents the cutting-edge developments in pediatric nuclear medicine. Thoroughly revised and updated, it retains the fundamentals that anchor the book's distinguished reputation and includes the latest advances in PET/CT, SPECT, hybrid imaging, and molecular imaging. Pediatric Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging, Fourth Edition, is an excellent resource for nuclear medicine physicians, diagnostic radiologists, pediatricians, and residents and fellows."--Publisher's website.
- Pediatric nuclear medicine/PET. 3rd ed. 2007, SpringerIntroduction / S.T. Treves -- Central nervous system: pt. 1, Brain / S.T. Treves, Harry T. Chugani, Blaise F.D. Bourgeois ; pt. 2, Cerebrospinal fluid / S.T. Treves, Alvin Kuruc -- Thyroid / Stephen A. Huang -- Calculation of administered doses of iodine 131 in the treatment of thyroid disease / Robert E. Zimmerman -- Lungs / S.T. Treves, Alan B. Packard -- Cardiovascular system / S.T. Treves, Elizabeth D. Blume, Laurie Armsby, Jane W. Newburger, Alvin Kuruc -- Gastroesophageal reflux, gastric emptying, esophageal transit, and pulmonary aspiration / Zvi Bar-Sever -- Gastrointestinal bleeding / S.T. Treves, Richard J. Grand -- Liver and spleen / S.T. Treves, A.G. Jones -- Kidneys / S.T. Treves, William E. Harmon, Alan B. Packard, Alvin Kuruc -- Vesicoureteral reflux / S.T. Treves, Ulrich V. Willi -- Calculation of glomerular filtration rate / Robert E. Zimmerman, Karl Mitchell, Royal T. Davis -- Bone / Leonard P. Connolly, Laura A. Drubach, Susan A. Connolly, S.T. Treves -- Pediatric oncology / Hossein Jadvar, Barry L. Shulkin -- Infection and inflammation / Christopher J. Palestro, Charito Love, Maria B. Tomas -- Magnification / Royal T. Davis, Robert E. Zimmerman, S.T. Treves -- Single positron emission computed tomography / Frederic H. Fahey, Beth A. Harkness -- Positron emission tomography / Frederic H. Fahey, Ramsey D. Badawi -- Radiation risk / S. James Adelstein -- Internal dosimetry / Michael G. Stabin.
- PET and SPECT in neurology 2014, Springer
- PET and SPECT of neurobiological systems 2014, SpringerPET and SPECT of Neurobiological Systems combines the expertise of renowned authors whose dedication to the development of novel probes and techniques for the investigation of neurobiological systems has achieved international recognition. Various aspects of neurotransmission in the brain are discussed, such as visualization and quantification of (more than 20 different) neuroreceptors, neuroinflammatory markers, transporters, and enzymes as well as neurotransmitter synthesis, -amyloid deposition, cerebral blood flow, and the metabolic rate of glucose. The latest results in probe development are also detailed. Most chapters are written jointly by radiochemists and nuclear medicine specialists to ensure a multidisciplinary approach. This state of the art compendium will be valuable to anyone in the field of clinical or preclinical neuroscience, from the radiochemist and radiologist/nuclear medicine specialist to the interested neurobiologist and general practitioner. It is the second volume of a trilogy on PET and SPECT imaging in the neurosciences. Other volumes focus on PET and SPECT in psychiatry and PET and SPECT in "neurology".
- PET in oncology 2008, Springer
- PET/MRI methodology and clinical applications 2014, Springer
- Physics and radiobiology of nuclear medicine. 4th ed. 2013, SpringerStructure of Matter -- Radioactive Decay -- Kinetics of Radioactive Decay -- Statistics of Radiation Counting -- Production of Radionuclides -- Interaction of Radiation with Matter -- Gas-Filled Detectors -- Scintillation and Semiconductor Detectors -- Gamma Cameras -- Performance Parameters of Gamma Cameras -- Digital Computers in Nuclear Medicine -- Single Photon Emission Computed Tomography -- Positron Emission Tomography -- Internal Radiation Dosimetry -- Radiation Biology -- Radiation Regulations and Protection.
- Physics in nuclear medicine. 4th ed. 2012, ScienceDirectWhat is nuclear medicine? -- Basic atomic and nuclear physics -- Modes of radioactive decay -- Decay of radioactivity -- Radionuclide and radiopharmaceutical production -- Interaction of radiation with matter -- Radiation detectors -- Electronic instrumentation for radiation detection systems -- Nuclear counting statistics -- Pulse-height spectrometry -- Problems in radiation detection and measurement -- Counting systems -- The gamma camera : basic principles -- The gamma camera : performance characteristics -- Image quality in nuclear medicine -- Tomographic reconstruction in nuclear medicine -- Single photon emission computed tomography -- Positron emission tomography -- Hybrid imaging : SPECT/CT and PET/CT -- Digital image processing in nuclear medicine -- Tracer kinetic modeling -- Internal radiation dosimetry -- Radiation safety and health physics.
- Pixel detectors from fundamentals to applications 2006, Springer
- Practical nuclear medicine. 3rd ed. 2005, Springer
- Practical SPECT/CT in nuclear medicine 2013, SpringerNuclear Medicine is a diagnostic modality which aims to image and in some cases quantify physiological processes in the body to highlight disease or injury. Within nuclear medicine, over the past few decades, major technological changes have occurred and concomitantly changes in the knowledge and skills required have had to evolve. One of the most significant technological changes has been the fusion of imaging technologies, to create hybrid systems such as SPECT/CT, PET/CT and PET/MR. With these changes in mind, Practical SPECT/CT in Nuclear Medicine provides a handy and informative guide to the purchase, clinical implementation and routine use of a SPECT/CT scanner. Practical SPECT/CT in Nuclear Medicine will be a valuable resource for all personnel working in nuclear medicine and it will be of particular value to trainees.
- Proton and carbon ion therapy 2013, CRCnetBASE"Preface: This book aims at providing a comprehensive and practical guide to proton and carbon ion therapy for a broad range of personnel in medical physics and radiation therapy, including medical physicists, radiation oncologists, dosimetrists, therapists, medical engineers, and trainees in these disciplines. The scope of this book includes physics and radiobiology basics of proton and ion beams, dosimetry methods and radiation measurements, treatment delivery systems, and practical guidance on patient setup, target localization, and treatment planning for clinical proton and carbon ion therapy, as well as detailed reports on the treatment of pediatric cancers, lymphomas, and various other cancers. The aim is to offer a balanced and critical assessment of the state-of-the-art proton and carbon ion therapy along with the discussion of major challenges and future outlook. This book contains 11 chapters. The first chapter provides an overview, and the final chapter describes future challenges. The remaining content is divided into three sections. The first section provides the basic aspects of proton and carbon ion therapy equipment covering accelerators, gantries, and delivery systems. Chapter 2 describes accelerators for proton and carbon ion therapy, including cyclotron, synchrotron, and other acceleration developments (such as dielectric wall accelerator, laser accelerated particle beams, and new concepts, including the cyclinac and compact cyclotron solutions). Chapter 3 describes proton and carbon ion therapy systems, with a focus on their major components, including energy selection systems, beam transport systems, control systems, gantries, and beam delivery systems"--Provided by publisher.
- Quantitative analysis in nuclear medicine imaging 2006, Springer
- Radiation physics for medical physicists 2006, Springer
- Radiation physics for nuclear medicine 2011, SpringerThe role of radiation physics in nuclear medicine -- The molecular imaging pathway to biomedical physics -- Mechanisms of the interactions between radiation and matter -- Principles of monte carlo calculations and codes -- Sealed radionuclide and X-Ray sources in nuclear medicine -- Radiopharmaceutical production -- Research and development of new radiopharmaceuticals -- Basic principles of detection of ionizing radiation used in medical imaging -- Scintillators and semiconductor detectors -- New trends in detectors for medical imaging -- The PET magnifier probe -- Algorithms for image reconstruction -- Biokinetic models for radiopharmaceuticals -- Voxel phantoms for internal dosimetry.
- Radiation protection in nuclear medicine 2013, SpringerThis book explains clearly and in detail all aspects of radiation protection in nuclear medicine. After an introductory chapter on the general role of radiation protection, measurement quantities and units are discussed, and detectors and dosimeters, described. Radiation biology and radiation dosimetry are then addressed, with the inclusion of a chapter specifically devoted to biology and dosimetry for the lens of the eye. Discussion of radiation doses to patients and to embryos, fetuses, and children forms a central part of the book. Phantom models, biokinetic models, calculations, and software solutions are all considered, and a further chapter focuses on quality assurance and reference levels. Occupational exposure also receives detailed attention. Exposure resulting from the production, labeling, and injection of radiopharmaceuticals and from contact with patients is discussed and shielding calculations are explained. The book closes by considering exposure of the public and summarizing the "rules of thumb" for radiation protection in nuclear medicine. This is an ideal textbook for students and a ready source of useful information for nuclear medicine specialists and medical physics experts.
- Radiation safety in nuclear medicine. 2nd ed. 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Radiation, ionization, and detection in nuclear medicine 2013, SpringerNuclear Radiation, Ionization, and Radioactivity -- Radiation Exposure: Consequences, Detection, and Measurements -- Mathematical Modeling of Radiation -- Medical Imaging -- Basic Principles of Radiation Detectors -- Theoretical Approach of Crystal and Film Growths of Materials Used in Medical Imaging System -- Device Fabrication (Scintillators/Radiation Detectors) -- Characterization of Radiation Detectors (Scintillators) Used in Nuclear Medicine -- Instrumentation and Its Applications in Nuclear Medicine.
- Radiology for PET/CT reporting 2014, Springer
- Synopsis of pathophysiology in nuclear medicine 2014, SpringerImproved understanding of the pathophysiologic changes in different diseases, including the molecular mechanisms of pathologic conditions such as tumors, has enhanced our ability to apply non-invasive techniques to investigate these diseases and permitted earlier detection and better management. It has also expanded the use of functional imaging, including molecular imaging. This synopsis is a companion to The Pathophysiologic Basis of Nuclear Medicine and arose from the recognition that there is a need for a compact, readable account of this complex and important subject. The companion book concisely describes relevant anatomic and physiologic considerations for each organ system and the pathophysiologic features of different relevant diseases, and relates them to the scintigraphy of each system. It thereby provides an informative synopsis of the pathophysiologic basis of nuclear medicine and molecular imaging. The volume will serve as a quick reference that will help the reader to understand different scintigraphic patterns and to select appropriate treatment modalities based on functional imaging. It will prove useful to undergraduates and postgraduates as well as to practitioners in clinical and research fields.
- Theranostics, Gallium-68, and other radionuclides a pathway to personalized diagnosis and treatment 2013, Springer
- Whole-body FDG PET imaging in oncology clinical reports 2014, SpringerThis manual presents a large collection of clinical cases in oncology with accompanying whole-body FDG PET-CT scans. The aim is to promote an integrated approach to the use of PET-CT, and detailed attention is therefore paid to the clinical history and diagnostic question. A central aspect of every clinical case described in this manual is the guidance on the clinical report, which is the official tool for communicating with both the referring physician and the person undergoing the diagnostic test; for this reason it needs to be clear, understandable, and written in shared language. The advice regarding report preparation is strongly supported by informative PET, CT, and PET-CT fused images of each disease. The book is broadly structured according to anatomic region, and a wide range of common diseases likely to be imaged using PET-CT is covered. This book will be of value to all those training or working in the field of oncology who wish to ensure that they are best placed to contextualize, interpret, and report the findings obtained with PET-CT, which can have such a dramatic impact on prognosis, therapeutic choice, and quality of life.
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Access restricted to Stanford unless otherwise noted.
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Springer Protocols
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.Large number of high quality software and database programming titles from O'Reilly. Other software titles are also available from Sams and Prentice Hall. Limited to 7 concurrent users.Vast collection of software and database programming titles from multiple publishers, including Microsoft Press.Largest provider of engineering-related eBooks; includes titles in computer science and biomedical engineering.Over 4,000 full-text e-books covering scientific and technical information from CRC Press and others. Many handbooks and single volume reference sources.A repository of medical knowledge from internal medicine, cardiology, genetics, pharmacy, diagnosis and management, basic sciences, patient care, and more. Continuously expanding, all databases in the repository contain the latest editions of selected medical titles.Includes peer-reviewed life science and biomedical research protocols compiled from Methods in Molecular Biology, Methods in Molecular Medicine, Methods in Biotechnology, Methods in Pharmacology and Toxicology, Neuromethods, the Biomethods Handbook, the Proteomics Handbook, and Springer Laboratory Manuals.Contains full text access to selected biomedical and nursing books.Provides one-click access to important clinical resources; includes evidence-based diagnosis and treatment guidelines, Books, EBM articles, Ovid MEDLINE, Drug facts and comparisons, Drug interaction facts, guidelines from National Guideline Clearinghouse, patient handouts (English and Spanish), and local content.ClinicalKey provides access to textbooks, electronic journals, practice guidelines, drug information, and patient education handouts.A collection of biomedical books that can be searched directly by concept, and linked to terms in PubMed abstracts.Provides online, full-text access to Springer's journal titles as well as journals from other publishers. Subjects include: life sciences, chemical sciences, environmental sciences, geosciences, computer science, mathematics, medicine, physics and astronomy, engineering and economics. Also includes eBooks.Collection of over 8 thousand fulltext titles in engineering, math, and basic and applied biomedical research. Coverage is from 1967 to the present.A library of ebooks on a wide array of topics, digitized and made available online in conjunction with the original publishers.