Books by Subject
- 20 years of computational neuroscienc...
- — Dementia in clinical practice ..........
- Dementias ..............................
- — Intracerebral hemorrhage research ......
- Intracranial pressure and brain monit...
- — New frontiers in respiratory control ...
- New methods for culturing cells from ...
- — Zebrafish neurobehavioral protocols ....
- 20 years of computational neuroscience 2013, Springer
- 7.0 Tesla MRI brain atlas 2010, Springer
- A-Z of neurological practice. 2nd ed. 2011, SpringerThe aim of this new edition is to present information about neurological disorders in a structured and succinct way, following a "trickle down" principle: beginning with overviews and then moving on to specific disease categories. The latter address clinical features (i.e., information accessed by history-taking and physical examination), investigations, differential diagnosis, treatment, and prognosis. Cross-references to the Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) database have been given where relevant. --Preface excerpt.
- Abeta peptide and Alzheimer's disease 2007, SpringerA Brief Introduction to the History of the β-Amyloid Protein (Aβ) of Alzheimer's Disease / David Small and Colin Barrow -- The Aβcentric Pathway of Alzheimer's Disease / Victor Villemagne, Roberto Cappai, Kevin Barnham, Robert Cherny, Carlos Opazo, Kathy Novakovic, Christopher Rowe and Colin Masters -- The Function of the Amyloid Precursor Protein Family / Roberto Cappai, B. Elise Needham and Giuseppe Ciccotosto -- The Involvement of Aβ in the Neuroinflammatory Response / Piet Eikelenboom, Willem van Gool, Annemieke Rozemuller, Wiep Scheper, Rob Veerhuis and Jeroen Hoozemans -- Amyloid β-Peptide(1-42), Oxidative Stress, and Alzheimer's Disease / D. Butterfield -- Amyloid Toxicity, Synaptic Dysfunction, and the Biochemistry of Neurodegeneration in Alzheimer's Disease / Judy Ng, Marie-Isabel Aguilar and David Small -- Aβ Variants and Their Impact on Amyloid Formation and Alzheimer's Disease Progression / Laszlo Otvos -- Copper Coordination by β-Amyloid and the Neuropathology of Alzheimer's Disease / Cyril Curtain and Kevin Barnham -- Cholesterol and Alzheimer's Disease / Joanna Cordy and Benjamin Wolozin -- Amyloid β-Peptide and Central Cholinergic Neurons: Involvement in Normal Brain Function and Alzheimer's Disease Pathology / Satyabrata Karn, Z. Wei, David MacTavish, Doreen Kabogo, Mee-Sook Song and Jack Jhamandas -- Physiologic and Neurotoxic Properties of Aβ Peptides / Gillian Gregory, Claire Shepherd and Glenda Halliday -- Impact of β-Amyloid on the Tau Pathology in Tau Transgenic Mouse and Tissue Culture Models / Jürgen Götz, Della David and Lars Ittner -- Glial Cells and Aβ Peptides in Alzheimer's Disease Pathogenesis / Gilbert Siu, Peter Clifford, Mary Kosciuk, Venkat Venkataraman and Robert Nagele -- The Role of Presenilins in Aβ-Induced Cell Death in Alzheimer's Disease / Maria Ankarcrona -- Immunotherapeutic Approaches to Alzheimer's Disease / Josef Karkos -- Mouse Models of Alzheimer's Disease / Dwight German.
- Acetylcholine in the cerebral cortex. 1st ed. 2004, ScienceDirect
- Acupuncture therapy for neurological diseases 2010, Springer
- Acute ischemic stroke. 2nd ed. 2011, Springer
- Acute neuronal injury 2010, Springer
- Adams and Victor's Principles of neurology. 9th ed. 2009, AccessMedicineApproach to the patient with neurologic disease -- Special techniques for neurologic diagnosis -- Motor paralysis -- Abnormalities of movement and posture caused by disease of the basal ganglia -- Incoordination and other disorders of cerebellar function -- Tremor, myoclonus, focal dystonias, and tics -- Disorders of stance and gait -- Pain -- Other somatic sensation -- Headache and other craniofacial pains -- Pain in the back, neck, and extremities -- Disorders of smell and taste -- Disturbances of vision -- Disorders of ocular movement and pupillary function -- Deafness, dizziness, and disorders of equilibrium -- Epilepsy and other seizure disorders -- Coma and related disorders of consciousness -- Faintness and syncope -- Sleep and its abnormalities -- Delirium and other acute confusional states -- Dementia and the amnesic (korsakoff) syndorme with comments on the neurology of intelligence and memory -- Neurologic disorders caused by lesions in specific parts of the cerebrum -- Disorders of speech and language -- Fatigue, asthenia, anxiety, and depressive reactions -- The limbic lobes and the neurology of emotion -- Disorders of the autonomic nervous system, respiration, and swallowing -- The hypothalamus and neuroendocrine disorders -- Normal development and deviations in development of the nervous system -- The neurology of aging -- Disturbances of cerebrospinal fluid and its circulation, including hydrocephalus, pseudotumor cerebri, and low-pressure syndromes -- Intracranial neoplasms and paraneoplastic disorders -- Infections of the nervous system (bacterial, fungal, spirochetal, parasitic) and sarcoidosis -- Viral infections of the nervous system chronic meningitis, and prion diseases -- Cerebrovascular diseases -- Craniocerebral trauma --Multiple sclerosis and allied demyelinating diseases -- Inherited metabolic diseases of the nervous system -- Developmental diseases of the nervous system -- Degenerative diseases of the nervous system -- The acquired metabolic disorders of the nervous system caused by nutritional deficiency -- Alcohol and alcoholism -- Disorders of the nervous sytem caused by drugs, toxins, and other chemical agents -- Diseases of the spinal cord -- Electrophysiologic and laboratory aids in the diagnosis of neuromuscular disease -- Diseases of the peripheral nerves -- Diseases of the cranial nerves -- Principles of clinical myology: diagnosis and classification of disease of muscle and neuromuscular junction -- The infectious and inflammatory myopathies -- The muscular dystrophies -- The metabolic and toxic myopathies -- The congenital neuromuscular disorders -- Myasthenia gravis and related disorders of the neuromuscular junction -- Ion channel disorders: the periodic paralyses and hereditary nondystrophic myotonias (channelopathies) -- Disorders of muscle characterized by cramp, spasm, pain, and localized masses -- The anxiety neuroses, hysteria, and personality disorders -- Depression and bipolar disease -- The schizophrenias and paranoid states.
- Adaptive spatial filters for electromagnetic brain imaging 2008, Springer
- Addiction neuroethics. 1st ed. 2012, ScienceDirectWhat is addiction neuroethics and why does it matter? -- Brain Imaging in Addiction -- Molecular Neuroscience and Genetics -- Treating Opioid Dependence with Opioids: Exploring the Ethics -- Addiction Neuroscience and Tobacco Control -- Emerging Neurobiological Treatments of Addiction: Ethical and Public Policy Considerations -- Technical, Ethical and Social Issues in the Bioprediction of Addiction Liability and Treatment Response -- Autonomy, Responsibility and the Oscillation of Preference -- Consent and Coercion in Addiction Treatment -- Toward a Lay Descriptive Account of Identity in Addiction Neuroethics -- The Impact of Changes in Neuroscience and Research Ethics on the Intellectual History of Addiction Research -- The Diction of Addiction at the Intersection of Law and Neuroscience -- Social Epistemology: Communicating Neuroscience -- Population Approaches to Alcohol, Tobacco and Drugs: Effectiveness, Ethics and Interplay with Addiction Neuroscience -- Legal Regulation of Addictive Substances and Addiction -- Investment and Vested Interests in Neuroscience Research of Addiction: Ethical Research Requires More than Informed Consent -- Private and Public Approaches to Addiction Treatment: Evidence and Beliefs.
- Adenosine 2013, SpringerAdenosine and Metabolism--A Brief Historical Note / Bertil B. Fredholm -- Adenosine Metabolism, Adenosine Kinase, and Evolution / Jaoek Park and Radhey S. Gupta -- Adenosine and Energy Metabolism--Relationship to Brain Bioenergetics / Xuesong Chen, Liang Hui and Jonathan D. Geiger -- Adenosine and Autocrine Metabolic Regulation of Neuronal Activity / Masahito Kawamura Jr. and David N. Ruskin -- Physiologic and Metabolic Regulation of Adenosine: Mechanisms / Chris G. Dulla and Susan A. Masino -- The Double-Edged Sword: Gaining Adenosine at the Expense of ATP. How to Balance the Books / Stephanie zur Nedden, Alexander S. Doney and Bruno G. Frenguelli -- Downstream Pathways of Adenosine / Ana M. Sebastião, Sofia Cristóvão-Ferreira and Joaquim A. Ribeiro -- Astrocytic ATP Release / Dustin J. Hines and Philip G. Haydon -- Role of Striatal A2A Receptor Subpopulations in Neurological Disorders / Sergi Ferré, César Quiroz, Marco Orrú, Xavier Guitart and Seema Gulyani, et al. -- Sleep and Adenosine: Human Studies / Tarja Porkka-Heiskanen -- Adenosine and Other Purinergic Products in Circadian Timing / Christine Muheim and Steven A. Brown -- Adenosine in the Immune System / György Hask, Balázs Koscsó́ and Balázs Csóka -- The Bioenergetic Network of Adenosine in Hibernation, Sleep, and Thermoregulation / Kelly L. Drew and Tulasi R. Jinka -- Adenosine and Stroke / Felicita Pedata, Anna Maria Pugliese, Francesca Corti and Alessia Melani -- The Many Roles of Adenosine in Traumatic Brain Injury / Patrick M. Kochanek, Jonathan D. Verrier, Amy K. Wagner and Edwin K. Jackson -- Therapeutic Perspectives of Adenosine Receptor Compounds in Functional Restitution After Spinal Cord Injury / Kwaku D. Nantwi -- Adenosine and Pain / Jana Sawynok -- Symptomatic and Neuroprotective Effects of A2A Receptor Antagonists in Parkinson's Disease / Annalisa Pinna, Nicola Simola, Lucia Frau and Micaela Morelli -- Adenosine Receptors and Alzheimer's Disease / David Blum, Ursula Sandau, Cyril Laurent, Vânia Batalha and Antoine Leboucher, et al. -- Adenosine Receptors in Huntington's Disease / David Blum, Alberto Martire, Sylvie Burnouf, Bernard Sablonnière and Pierre Krystkowiak, et al. -- Adenosine and Multiple Sclerosis / Maria Victoria Sánchez-Gómez, Estibaliz González-Fernández, Rogelio O. Arellano and Carlos Matute -- Adenosinergic Perspectives on Schizophrenia: Opportunity for an Integrative Synthesis / Benjamin K. Yee, Philipp Singer and Detlev Boison -- The Role of Adenosine in the Ventral Striatal Circuits Regulating Behavioral Activation and Effort-Related Decision Making: Importance for Normal and Pathological Aspects of Motivation / John D. Salamone, Merce Correa, Patrick A. Randall, Eric J. Nunes and Marta Pardo, et al. -- Adenosine and Autism: Physiological Symptoms and Metabolic Opportunities / Julia Svedova, Inge-Marie Eigsti and Susan A. Masino -- Stress, Brain Adenosine Signaling, and Fatigue-Related Behavioral Processes / Traci N. Plumb, Sarah R. Sterlace, Kelly A. Cavanaugh and Thomas R. Minor -- Disruption of Adenosine Homeostasis in Epilepsy and Therapeutic Adenosine Augmentation / Detlev Boison -- Ketogenic Diet and Epilepsy: The Role of Adenosine / Jong M. Rho, Beth Zupec-Kania and Susan A. Masino -- Silk: A Biocompatible and Biodegradable Biopolymer for Therapeutic Adenosine Delivery / Eleanor M. Pritchard, Detlev Boison and David L. Kaplan -- Anatomical Distribution of Nucleoside System in the Human Brain and Implications for Therapy / Zsolt Kovács and Arpád Dobolyi.
- Adrenergic receptors 2006, Springer
- Adult ADHD. Third edition. 2013, Springer
- Advances in Alzheimer's and Parkinson's disease 2008, SpringerThe subject matter of the ADPD conferences is unique in that it deals not only with issues related individually to Alzheimer's disease and Parkinson's disease, but also with the integration of these and other related diseases. The most up-to-date techniques and research findings are illustrated in this volume.
- Advances in cognitive engineering and neuroergonomics 2012, CRCnetBASE"Preface This book brings together a wide-ranging set of contributed articles that address emerging practices and future trends in cognitive engineering and neuroergonomics. Both aim to harmoniously integrate human operator and computational system, the former through a tighter cognitive fit and the latter a more effective neural fit with the system. The chapters in this book uncover novel discoveries and communicate new understanding and the most recent advances in the areas of workload and stress, activity theory, human error and risk, and neuroergonomic measures, as well as associated applications.--Provided by publisher.
- Advances in cognitive neurodynamics (II) 2011, SpringerWithin our knowledge, the series of the International Conference on Cognitive Neurodynamics (ICCN) is the only conference series dedicating to cognitive neurodynamics. This volume is the proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Cognitive Neurodynamics held in 2009, which reviews the progress in this field since the 1st ICCN -2007. The topics include: Neural coding and realistic neural network dynamics, Neural population dynamics, Firing Oscillations and Patterns in Neuronal Networks, Brain imaging, EEG, MEG, Sensory and Motor Dynamics, Global cognitive function, Multi-scalar Neurodyn
- Advances in natural medicines, nutraceuticals and neurocognition 2013, CRCnetBASEPt. 1. Methodologies to measure cognition in natural medicine trials -- pt. 2. Vitamins and nutrients -- pt. 3. Essential fatty acids and neurocognition -- pt. 4. Herbal medicines, nutraceuticals and neurocognition.
- Advances in network electrophysiology 2006, Springer
- Advances in the neuroscience of addiction 2010, CRCnetBASEAdvances in animal models of relapse for addiction research / Friedbert Weiss -- Application of chronic extracellular recording method to studies of cocaine self-administration : method and progress / Laura L. Peoples, Alexai V. Kravitz, and Karine Guillem -- Neurochemistry of addiction : monitoring essential neurotransmitters of addiction / Stefan G. Sandberg and Paul A. Garris -- Alcohol craving and relapse prediction : imaging studies / Andreas Heinz ... [et al.] -- Integrating behavioral and molecular approaches in mouse : self-administration studies / Danielle L. Graham and David W. Self -- Neuroeconomics : implications for understanding the neurobiology of addiction / Michael L. Platt ... [et al.].
- Advances in understanding human performance 2011, CRCnetBASE
- Advances in vagal afferent neurobiology 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Allergy and the nervous system 2012, KargerRelations between asthma and psychological distress: an old idea revisited -- Brain and asthma: what are the linkages? -- Stress-related programming of autonomic imbalance: role in allergy and asthma -- Role of parasympathetic nerves and muscarinic receptors in allergy and asthma -- Developmental programming of allergic diseases -- Mind-body interrelationship in DNA methylation -- Neurotrophins in chronic allergic airway inflammation and remodeling -- Pathways underlying afferent signaling of bronchopulmonary immune activation to the central nervous system -- Allergen-induced neuromodulation in the respiratory tract -- Role of microbiome in regulating the HPA axisd and its relevance to allergy -- Autonomic regulation of anti-inflammatory activities from salivary glands -- Mast cell-nerve functional unit: a key component of physiologic and pathophysiologic responses -- Neural and behavioral correlates of food allergy -- Neuroendocrine-immune connection regulates chronic inflammatory disease in allergy -- Itch and the brain.
- Alzheimer's disease 2007, Springer
- Alzheimer's disease 2012, KargerThe global impact of Alzheimer's disease / M.C. Carrillo, W. Thies, L.J. Bain -- The genetics of Alzheimer's disease / M.C. Schu ... [et al.] -- Current conceptual view of Alzheimer's disease / K. Herrup -- Neuropathological basis of Alzheimer's disease and Alzheimer's disease diagnosis / J.A. Schneider ... [et al.] -- Diagnostic tools : fluid biomarkers for Alzheimer's disease / H. Zetterberg, H. Hampel, K. Blennow -- MRI-and PET-based imaging markers for the diagnosis of Alzheimer's disease / S. Teipel ... [et al.] -- Changing diagnostic concepts of Alzheimer's disease / G.M. McKhann, M.S. Albert, R.A. Sperling -- Pharmacological treatment of Alzheimer's disease / L.S. Schneider -- Regulatory requirements on clinical trials in Alzheimer's disease / K. Broich ... [et al.] -- Perspectives on Alzheimer's disease : past, present and future / Z.S. Khachaturian.
- Alzheimer's Disease and Frontotemporal Dementia 2010, Springer ProtocolsContemporary Approaches to Alzheimer's Disease and Frontotemporal Dementia / Erik D. Roberson -- Preparing Synthetic Aβ in Different Aggregation States / W. Blaine Stine, Lisa Jungbauer, Chunjiang Yu, Mary Jo LaDu -- Isolation of Low-n Amyloid β-Protein Oligomers from Cultured Cells, CSF, and Brain / Ganesh M. Shankar, Alfred T. Welzel, Jessica M. McDonald, Dennis J. Selkoe, Dominic M. Walsh -- Detecting Aβ*56 Oligomers in Brain Tissues / Mathew A. Sherman, Sylvain E. Lesné -- Assessing Aβ Aggregation State by Atomic Force Microscopy / Justin Legleiter -- Measuring APP Carboxy-Terminal Fragments / Luke A. Esposito -- Detection of APP Intracellular Domain in Brain Tissue / Sanjay W. Pimplikar, Anupama Suryanarayana -- Cell-Based Assays for Regulators of Tau Biology / Umesh K. Jinwal, Chad A. Dickey -- Split GFP Complementation Assay for Quantitative Measurement of Tau Aggregation In Situ / Wanjoo Chun, Geoffrey S. Waldo, Gail V. Johnson -- Apolipoprotein E Expression and Purification / Yvonne Newhouse, Karl H. Weisgraber -- Aβ Toxicity in Primary Cultured Neurons / Adriana Ferreira, Roxana C. Sinjoanu, Alexandra Nicholson, Sara Kleinschmidt -- Manipulation of Gene Expression in the Central Nervous System with Lentiviral Vectors / Binggui Sun, Li Gan -- Selecting a Mouse Model of Alzheimer's Disease / Jeannie Chin -- Monitoring Spatial Learning and Memory in Alzheimer's Disease Mouse Models Using the Morris Water Maze / Kimberly Scearce-Levie -- Step-by-Step In Situ Hybridization Method for Localizing Gene Expression Changes in the Brain / Jorge J. Palop, Erik D. Roberson, Inma Cobos -- Real-Time Visualization of Axonal Transport in Neurons / Yasuko Osakada, Bianxiao Cui -- Quantifying Biomarkers of Cognitive Dysfunction and Neuronal Network Hyperexcitability in Mouse Models of Alzheimer's Disease: Depletion of Calcium-Dependent Proteins and Inhibitory Hippocampal Remodeling / Jorge J. Palop, Lennart Mucke, Erik D. Roberson -- Epigenetic Changes in the Brain: Measuring Global Histone Modifications / Gavin Rumbaugh, Courtney A. Miller.
- Alzheimer-- 100 years and beyond 2006, Springer
- Aminoff's electrodiagnosis in clinical neurology. 6th ed. 2012, ScienceDirectThe emergence of electrophysiology as an aid to neurology /Mary A.B. Brazier --Electrophysiologic equipment and electrcial safety /John A. Cadwell and Richard A. Villarreal --Electroencephalography and magnetoencephalography.Electroencephalography: general principles and clinical applications /Michael J. Aminoff --Neonatal and pediatric electroencephalography /Jin S. Hahn --Electroencephalographic artifacts and benign variants /Jeffrey W. Britton --Video-EEG monitoring for epilepsy /John M. Stern and Jerome Engel, Jr. --Invasive clinical neurophysiology in epilepsy and movement disorders /William J. Marks, Jr and Kenneth D. Laxer --Topographic mapping, frequency analysis, and other quantitative techniques in electroencephalography /Marc R. Nuwer and Pedro Coutin-Churchman --Intraoperative electroencephalographic monitoring during carotid endarterectomy and cardiac surgery /Gregory D. Cascino and Frank W. Sharbrough, III --Magnetoencephalography /William W. Sutherling --Electromyography, nerve conduction studies, and related techniques.Clinical electromyography /Michael J. Aminoff --Quantitative electromyography /Mark B. Bromberg --Nerve conduction studies /Jasper R. Daube and Devon I. Rubin --Microneurography and its potential clinical applications /David Burke --Nerve excitability: a clinical translation /Matthew C. Kiernan and Cindy Shin Yi Lin --Neuromuscular ultrasound as a complement to the electrodiagnostic evaluation /Francis O. Walker and Michael S. Cartwright --Electrophysiologic study of disorders of neuuromuscular transmission /Donald B. Sanders --H-reflex and F-response studies /Morris A. Fisher --The blink reflex and other cranial nerve reflexes /Josep Valls-Sole --Electrophysiologic evaluation of movement disorders /Mark Hallett --Evaluation of the autonomic nervous system /Michael J. Aminoff --Evoked potentials and related techniques.Visual evoked potentials, electroretinography, and other diagnostic approaches to the visual system /Ari J. Green --Visual evoked potentials in infants and children /Eileen E. Birch and Vidhya Subramanian --Brainstem auditory evoked potentials: methodology, interpretation, and clinical application /Alan D. Legatt --Brainstem auditory evoked potentials in infants and children /Terence W. Picton, margot J. Taylor, and Andree Durieux-Smith --Somatosensory evoked potentials /Michael J. Aminoff and Andrew Eisen --Somatosensory evoked potentials in infants and children /Michael J. Aminoff --Diagnostic and therapeutic role of magnetic stimulation in neurologuy /Robert Chen and Nicolae Petrescu --Event-related potentials /Douglas S. Goodin --Intraoperative monitoring by evoked potential techniques /Ronald G. Emerson and David C. Adams --Bladder, bowel, and sexual dysfunction. electrophysiologic evaluation of sacral function /Simon Podnar and David B. Vodusek --Tests of vestibular function. Vestibular laboratory testing /Joseph M. Furman and Floris L. Wuyts --Electrophysiologic evaluation in special situations. Polysomnographic evaluation fo sleep disroders /Vivien C. Abad and Christian Guilleminault --Electrophysiologic evaluation of patients in the intensive care unit /G. Bryan Young and Charles F. Bolton --Electrophysiologic evaluation of brain death: a critical appraisal /Thomas P. Bleck --Electrophysiologic techniques in the evaluation of patients with suspected neurotoxic disorders /Michael J. Aminoff and James W. Albers.
- Analysis of parallel spike trains 2010, Springer
- Anatomic basis of neurologic diagnosis 2009, Thieme BooksDevelopment and developmental disorders -- Neuroembryology -- Regional anatomy and related syndromes -- Peripheral nerves -- Plexuses -- Nerve roots and spinal nerves -- Spinal cord -- Brainstem -- Cranial nerves -- Cerebellum -- Thalamus -- Hypothalamus -- Basal ganglia -- Limbic system -- Cerebral cortex -- System-based anatomy and differential diagnosis -- Somatosensory system -- Visual system -- Auditory system -- Ocular motor system -- Motor system -- Autonomic nervous system -- Consciousness -- Fluid-system anatomy and function -- Vascular system -- Cerebrospinal fluid.
- Animal models of acute neurological injuries 2009, Springer
- Animal models of cognitive impairment 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Animal models of dementia 2011, Springer ProtocolsGeneral introduction to animal models of human conditions / Peter Paul De Deyn and Debby Van Dam -- Animal models of dementia : ethical considerations / I. Anna S. Olsson and Peter Sandøe -- The role of rodent models in the drug discovery pipeline for dementia / Debby Van Dam and Peter Paul De Deyn -- Species, strain, and gender issues in the development and validation of animal models of dementia / Annemie Van Dijck, Debby Van Dam, and Peter Paul De Deyn -- Transgenic and gene targeted models of dementia / Ronald A. Conlon -- Transgenic animals and intellectual property concerns / Susan L. Stoddard and James A. Rogers III -- Pathological validation of animal models of dementia / Daniel Pirici, Christine Van Broeckhoven, and Samir Kumar-Singh -- Behavioral validation in animal models of dementia / Debby Van Dam, Annemie Van Dijck, and Peter Paul De Deyn -- Pharmacological validation in animal models of dementia / Hugo Geerts -- Validation of animal models of dementia : neurochemical aspects / Giancarlo Pepeu and Maria Cristina Rosi -- Validation of dementia models employing neuroimaging techniques / Greet Vanhoutte, Adriaan Campo, and Annemie Van der Linden -- Drosophila melanogaster as a model organism for dementia / Maria E. Giannakou and Damian C. Crowther -- Caenorhabditis elegans as a model organism for dementia / Tjakko J. Van Ham and Ellen A.A. Nollen -- Zebrafish (Danio rerio) as a model organism for dementia / Rob Willemsen ... [et al.] -- Spontaneous vertebrate models of Alzheimer dementia : selectively bred strains (SAM strains) / Renã A. Sowell and D. Allan Butterfield -- Lesion-induced vertebrate models of Alzheimer dementia / Adolfo Toledano and Maria Isabel Álvarez -- A[Beta] infusion and related models of Alzheimer dementia / Patricia A. Lawlor and Deborah Young -- APP-based transgenic models : the PDAPP model / Jacob M. Basak and David M. Holtzman -- APP-based transgenic models : the Tg2576 model / Robert M.J. Deacon -- APP-based transgenic models : the APP23 model / Debby Van Dam and Peter Paul De Deyn -- Presenilin-based transgenic models of Alzheimer's dementia / Yuji Yoshiike and Akihiko Takashima -- APOE-based models of "pre-dementia" / Patrick M. Sullivan -- TAU models / Nicolas Sergeant and Luc Buée -- The 3xTg-AD mouse model : reproducing and modulating plaque and tangle pathology / Michael Sy, Masashi Kitazawa, and Frank LaFerla -- Cognitive dysfunction in genetic mouse models of parkinsonism / Sheila M. Fleming, J. David Jentsch, and Marie-Françoise Chesselet -- Mouse models of metachromatic leukodystrophy and adrenoleukodystrophy / Patrick Aubourg, Caroline Sevin, and Nathatie Cartier -- Animal models of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis / Ludo Van Den Bosch -- Animal models of frontotemporal dementia / Hana N. Dawson and Daniel T. Laskowitz -- CADASIL : molecular mechanisms and animal models / Karl J. Fryxell -- Spontaneously hypertensive rat (SHR) : an animal model of vascular brain disorder / Francesco Amenta and Daniele Tomassoni -- Animal models of normal pressure hydrocephalus / Petra M. Klinge -- Animal models of traumatically-induced dementia / Jennifer E. Slemmer, Mohammad Z. Hossain, and John T. Weber -- Animal models of alcohol-induced dementia / Angela Maria Ribeiro and Silvia R. Castanheira Pereira -- Animal models of metallic dementia / Luigi F. Rodella.
- Animal models of drug addiction 2011, Springer ProtocolsIntracranial self-stimulation /Styliani Vlachou and Athina Markou --Stimulant self-administration /Leigh V. Panlilio --Opiate self-administration /Francesco Leri --Nicotine self-administration / Robert E. Sorge and Paul B.S. Clarke --Alcohol self-administration /Friedbert Weiss --Place conditioning /Christopher L. Cunningham, Peter A. Groblewski, and Charlene M. Voorhees --Sensitization /Jessica A. Loweth and Paul Vezina --Animal models of eating disorders /Stephanie D. Hancock and Mary C. Olmstead --Acquisition of drug self-administration /Marilyn E. Carroll and Richard A. Meisch --Escalation of drug use /Serge H. Ahmed --Environmental modulation of drug taking /Aldo Badiani ... [et al.] --Craving /Jeffrey W. Grimm --Habit formation and compulsion /David Belin ... [et al.] --Impulsivity /Andrea Bari, Trevor W. Robbins, and Jeffrey W. Dalley --Binge drug taking / Herbert E. Covington, III and Klaus A. Miczek --Withdrawal /Alasdair M. Barr, Heidi N. Boyda, and Ric M. Procyshyn --Relapse /Suzanne Erb and Franca Placenza.
- Animal models of epilepsy 2009, Springer ProtocolsThe nematode, Caenorhabditis elegans, as an emerging model for investigating epilepsy / Cody J. Locke, Kim A. Caldwell, and Guy A. Caldwell -- The genetics and molecular biology of seizure susceptibility in drosophila / Juan Song and Mark A. Tanouye -- The albino Xenopus laevis tadpole as a novel model of developmental seizures / D. Sesath Hewapathirane and Kurt Haas -- Zebrafish as a simple vertebrate organism for epilepsy research / Scott C. Baraban -- Modeling tuberous sclerosis complex: brain development and hyperexcitability / Devin C. Ess -- BK potassium channel mutations affecting neuronal function and epilepsy / David Petrik, Qing H. Chen, and Robert Brenner -- Mouse models of benign familial neonatal convulsions (BFNC): mutations in KCNQ (Kv7)genes / Nanda A. Singh ... [et al.] -- Interneuron loss as a cause of seizures: lessons from interneuron-deficient mice / Dorothy Jones-Davis, Maria-Elisa Calcagnotto, and Joy Y. Sebe -- Imaging seizure propagation in vitro / Andrew J. Trevelyan and Rafael Yuste -- Complexity untangled: large-scale realistic computational models in epilepsy / Robert J. Morgan and Ivan Soltesz -- Organotypic hippocampal slice cultures as a model of limbic epileptogenesis / Suzanne B. Bausch -- Seizure analysis and detection in vivo / Javier Echauz, Stephen Wong, and Brian Litt -- Viral vector gene therapy for epilepsy / Stacey B. Foti, Shelley J. Russek, Amy R. Brooks-Kayal, and Thomas J. McCown -- Neural stem cells in experimental mesial temporal lobe epilepsy / Michelle M. Kron and Jack M. Parent.
- Animal models of movement disorders 2005, ScienceDirect
- Antiepileptic drug interactions. Second edition. 2013, Springer
- Applied attention theory 2008, CRCnetBASESingle channel theory and automaticity theory -- Attention control -- Visual attention control, scanning & information sampling -- Visual search -- Spatial attention and displays -- Resources and effort -- Time sharing and multiple resource theory -- Executive control: attention switching, interruptions, and task-management -- Individual differences in attention -- Cognitive neurosciences and neuroergonomics.
- Astrocytes in (patho)physiology of the nervous system 2009, Springer
- Ataxic disorders 2012, ScienceDirect
- Atlas of brain and spine oncology imaging 2013, SpringerAtlas of Brain and Spine Oncology Imaging presents a comprehensive visual review of pathologic disease variations of cancers of the brain and spine through extensive radiologic images. The focus of the book is on algorithmic strategies for identifying neoplastic pathologies commonly found in brain and spinal tumors through a visual representation of the variety of appearances that each neoplasm takes, within both benign and malignant manifestations.
- Atlas of clinical neurology. 3rd ed. 2009, SpringerDevelopmental disorders / Suresh Kotagal ... [et al.] -- Genetic diseases of the nervous system / Thomas D. Bird and Suman Jayadev -- Neuroendocrine disorders / Earl A. Zimmerman -- Critical care neurology / Marek A. Mirski ... [et al.] -- Cerebrovascular disease / David M. Greer ... [et al.] -- Dementias / Thomas J. Grabowski Jr. -- Behavioral neurology / Daniel Tranel and Thomas J. Grabowski, Jr. -- Neuro-oncology / Karen L. Fink and Elisabeth J. Rushing -- Movement disorders / Stanley Fahn ... [et al.] -- The epilepsies / Paul C. Van Ness -- Neuromuscular disease / Gil I. Wolfe ... [et al.] -- Infectious diseases of the nervous system / Burk Jubelt -- Neuroimmunology / Michael R. Swenson -- Neurotoxic disorders / Leon Prockop, Charles Brock, and Peter S. Spencer -- Headache / Marc E. Lenaerts.
- Atlas of electroencephalography in sleep medicine 2012, SpringerNormal Sleep Stages --Normal Electroencephalography Variants in Sleep --Nonepileptiform Abnormalities --Epileptiform Abnormalities --Artifacts.
- Atlas of epilepsies 2010, Springer
- Atlas of functional neuroanatomy. 2nd ed. 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Atlas of headache 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Introduction. Headache disorders -- Epidemiology and burden -- Barriers to care -- Purpose of the atlas of headache disorders -- Methods. Questionnaire development -- Identification of respondents -- Data collection -- Data management and analysis -- Results. Data quality. Representativeness -- Limitations -- Data organization and presentation -- Themes. Epidemiology -- Impact on society, and national data -- Health-care utilization -- Diagnosis and assessment -- Treatment -- Professional training -- National professional organizations -- Issues -- The way forward.
- Atlas of human central nervous system development v. 1-5, 2002-08., CRCnetBASEv. 2, 2003 CRCnetBASEv. 3, 2005 CRCnetBASEv. 4, 2006 CRCnetBASEv. 5, 2008 CRCnetBASEv. 1. The spinal cord from gestational week 4 to the fourth postnatal month -- v. 2. The human brain during the third trimester -- v. 3. The brain during the second trimester -- v. 4. The brain during the late first trimester -- v. 5. The brain during the early first trimester.
- Atlas of morphology and functional anatomy of the brain 2006, Springer
- Atlas of neuromuscular diseases 2005, Springer
- Atlas of peripheral nerve ultrasound 2013, Springer
- Atlas of postsurgical neuroradiology: 2012, Springer
- Atlas of regional anatomy of the brain using MRI 2006, Springer
- Atlas of the neonatal rat brain 2011, CRCnetBASE
- Atoms of mind 2011, Springer1. The Quest -- 2. Thinking About Thinking -- 3. Kinds of Thought -- 4. Carriers and Repositories of Thought -- 5. Examples of Specific Ways of Thinking -- 6. Global Interactions -- 7. On the Nature of Consciousness -- 8. Theories of Consciousness -- 9. Conclusions.
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder 2005, SpringerHistorical aspects of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder / Roscoe A. Dykman -- Scanning the genome for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder / Aiveen Kirley -- Dopamine knockouts and behavior / Davide Viggiano, Daniela Vallone, Lucia A. Ruocco, and Adolfo G. Sadile -- The SHR as a model of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder / Vivienne Ann Russell -- The roles of Norepinephrine and Serotonin in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder / Roberd D. Oades -- Intermittent hypoxia during sleep as a model of environmental (nongenetic) contributions to attention deficit hyperactivity disorder / Barry W. Row and David Gozal -- The psychological evaluation of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder in school-aged children: a clinical approach based on recent practice guidelines / Dean W. Beebe -- Executive function / Martha Bridge Denckla -- The neuropsychology of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder: validity of the executive function hypothesis / Eric G. Willcutt, Kimberly Brodsky, Nomita Chhabildas, Michelle Shanahan [et al.] -- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and learning disabilities / Stephen R. Hooper and Emily A. Williams -- Selective attention deficits in children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder: a review of behavioral and electrophysiological studies / Lisa M. Jonkman -- Working memory in children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder / Jack Stevens -- Developmental underpinnings of the association of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and its subtypes to neuropsychological and academic weaknesses / Tuija Aro, Margaret Semrud-Clikeman, Anne-Mari Lapvetelainen, and Heikki Lyytinen -- Social functioning of children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder / Gaba Tur-Kaspa -- Reading disabilities in children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder / Juliana S. Bloom, Carlin J. Miller, Mauricio A. Garcia, and George W. Hynd -- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and the brain: evidence from electrophysiological studies / Alexandra P. Fonaryova-Key, Melissa Ferguson, and Dennis L. Molfese -- Anatomical and functional neuroimaging studies of children and adolescents with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder / Jonathan C. Pfeifer, Melissa DelBello, and Scott Holland -- State regulation and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder / Jaap van der Meere -- Sleep and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder / Louise M. O'Brien and David Gozal -- Neurophysiological performance in adults with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder / Lisa Lee Weyandt -- Psychostimulants in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder: theoretical and practical issues for the community practitioner / Daniel F. Connor -- Pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic drug interactiions: methylphenidate, amphetamine or atomoxetine in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder / John S. Markowitz and Kennerly S. Patrick.
- Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder in adults : an overview / P.H. Wender, D.A. Tomb -- Family and twin studies in attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder / C.M. Freitag, W. Retz -- Molecular genetics of attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder / W. Retz, C.M. Freitag -- Neurophysiology of adult attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder / C.G. Baehne, A.J. Fallgatter -- Brain imaging in adult attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder / M. Schneider, M. Rösler, W. Retz -- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder in adults : diagnosis and prevalence / R.-D. Stieglitz -- Comorbidity in adult attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder / R.G. Klein, S. Mannuzza -- Adult attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder : functional impairment, conduct problems, and criminality / M. Rösler -- Psychotherapy in adult attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder / A. Philipsen ... [et al.] -- Psychopharmacological treatment of attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder in adults / G.-E. Trott.
- Attention. 1st ed. 2009, ScienceDirect
- Atypical Parkinsonian disorders 2005, SpringerWhat is an atypical parkinsonian disorder? / Irene Litvan -- Historical issues and atypical parkinsonian disorders / Christopher G. Goetz -- Epidemiology of progressive supranuclear palsy and multiple system atrophy / Adam Zermansky and Yoav Ben-Shlomo -- Neuropathology of atypical parkinsonian disorders / Ian R.A. Mackenzie -- Animal models of tauopathies / Jada Lewis and Michael Hutton -- Neurodegenerative[alpha]-synucleinopathies / Michel Goedert and Maria Grazia Spillantini -- Computer modeling in basal ganglia disorders / José Luis Contreras-Vidal -- Atypical parkinsonian disorders: neuropathology and nosology / Charles Duyckaerts -- Genetics of atypical parkinsonism: implications for nosology / Thomas Gasser -- Medical history and physical examination in parkinsonian syndromes: how to examine a parkinsonian syndrome / Marie Vidailhet, Frédéric Bourdain, and Jean-Marc Trocello -- Role of neuropsychiatric assessment in diagnosis and research / Dag Aarsland, Uwe Ehrt, and Clive Ballard -- Added value of the neuropsychological evaluation for diagnosis and research of atypical parkinsonian disorders / Bruno Dubois and Bernard Pillon -- Role of praxis in diagnosis and assessment / Ramón Leiguarda -- Role of visuospatial cognition assessment in the diagnosis and research of atypical parkinsonian disorders / Paolo Nichelli and Anna Magherini -- Role of ocular motor assessment in diagnosis and research / R. John Leigh and David S. Zee --Characterizing and assessing speech and language disturbances / Carol Frattali and Joseph R. Duffy -- Quality of life assessment in atypical parkinsonian disorders / Anette Schrag and Caroline E. Selai -- Progressive supranuclear palsy / Irene Litvan -- Corticobasal degeneration: the syndrome and the disease / Bradley F. Boeve -- Multiple system atrophy / Feliz Geser and Gregor K. Wenning -- Clinical diagnosis of dementia with Lewy bodies / David J. Burn, Urs P. Mosimann, and Ian G. McKeith -- Clinical diagnosis of familial atypical parkinsonian disorders / Yoshio Tsuboi, Virgilio H. Evidente, and Zbigniew K. Wszolek -- Clinical diagnosis of vascular parkinsonism and nondegenerative atypical parkinsonian disorders / Madhavi Thomas and Joseph Jankovic -- Role of electrophysiology in diagnosis and research in atypical parkinsonian disorders / Josep Valls-Solé -- Role of CT and MRI in diagnosis and research / Mario Savoiardo and Marina Grisoli -- Role of functional magnetic neuroimaging in diagnosis and research / Hartwig Roman Siebner and Günther Deuschl -- PET and SPECT imaging in atypical parkinsonian disorders / Alexander Gerhard and David J. Brooks -- Current and future therapeutic approaches / Elmyra V. Encarnacion and Thomas N. Chase -- Rehabilitation of patients with atypical parkinsonian disorders / Daniel K. White ... [et al.] -- Overview and future research / Andrew Lees.
- Autism 2010, CRCnetBASEType, topography, and sequelae of neuropathological changes shaping clinical phenotype of autism / Jerzy Wegiel ... [et al.] -- Evidence for oxidative damage in the autistic brain / Teresa A. Evans ... [et al] -- Oxidative stress and neurotrophin signaling in autism / Elizabeth M. Sajdel-Sulkowska -- Genetics of autism / W. Ted Brown -- The phenotypic expression of autism, maternal depression, and the monoamine oxidase-a gene / Ira L. Cohen -- Paraoxonase 1 status, environmental exposures, and oxidative stress in autism spectrum disorders / Maria Dronca and Sergiu P. Pasca -- The redox/methylation hypothesis of autism : a molecular mechanism for heavy metal-induced neurotoxicity / Richard C. Deth -- Autism and oxidative stress : evidence from an animal model / Michelle A. Cheh ... [et al.] -- Neurotoxic brainstem impairment as proposed threshold event in autistic regression / Woody R. McGinnis ... [et al.] -- Abnormalities in membrane lipids, membrane-associated proteins, and signal transduction in autism / Ved Chauhan and Abha Chauhan -- Mitochondrial component of calcium signaling abnormality in autism / J. Jay Gargus --Inflammation and neuroimmunity in the pathogenesis of autism : neural and immune network interactions / Carlos A. Pardo-Villamizar and Andrew W. Zimmerman -- Possible impact of innate immunity on autism / Harumi Jyonouchi -- Autism, gastrointestinal disturbance, and immune dysfunction : what is the link? / Paul Ashwood, Amanda Enstrom, and Judy van de Water -- Possible mechanism involving intestinal oxytocin, oxidative stress, and signaling pathways in a subset of autism with gut symptoms / Martha G. Welch and Benjamin Y. Klein -- Cytokine polymorphisms in autism : their role in immune alterations / Fabián Crespo ... [et al.] -- Autism, teratogenic alleles, HLA-DR4, and immune function / William G. Johnson ... [et al.] -- Autism : the centrality of active pathophysiology and the shift from static to chronic dynamic encephalopathy / Martha R. Herbert -- A re-evaluation of the state of autism treatment : the need for a biopsychosocial perspective / Eric London.
- Autism 2008, SpringerENGRAILED2 and cerebellar development in the pathogenesis of autism spectrum disorders / Ian T. Rossman and Emanuel DiCicco-Bloom -- Teratogenic alleles in autism and other neurodevelopmental disorders / William G. Johnson ... [et al.] -- Cholesterol deficit in autism : insights from Smith-Lemli-Opitz Syndrome / Alka Aneja and Elaine Tierney -- Autism in genetic intellectual disability : insights into idiopathic autism / Walter E. Kaufmann ... [et al.] -- Serotonin dysfunction in autism / Mary E. Blue ... [et al.] -- Excitotoxicity in autism : the role of glutamate in pathogenesis and treatment / Martin Evers and Eric Hollander -- Prenatal [beta]₂-adrenergic receptor signaling and autism : dysmaturation and retained fetal function / Susan L. Connors -- A role for fetal testosterone in human sex differences : implications for understanding autism / Bonnie Auyeung and Simon Baron-Cohen -- Interaction between genetic vulnerability and neurosteroids in purkinje cells as a possible neurobiological mechanism in autism spectrum disorders / Flavio Keller, Roger Panteri, and Filippo Biamonte -- Insulin-like growth factors : neurobiological regulators of brain growth in autism? / Raili Riikonen -- Oxidative stress and the metabolic pathology of autism / S. Jill James -- The immune system in autism : is there a connection? / Luke Heuer, Paul Ashwood, and Judy Van de Water -- Maternal immune activation, cytokines, and autism / Paul H. Patterson ... [et al.] -- Maternal antibodies and the placental-fetal IgG transfer theory / Christina M. Morris ... [et al.] -- Can neuroinflammation influence the development of autism spectrum disorders? / Carlos A. Pardo-Villamizar -- The significance of minicolumnar size variability in autism : a perspective from comparative anatomy / Manuel F. Casanova -- Imaging evidence for pathological brain development in autism spectrum disorders / Stephen R. Dager ... [et al.] -- Information processing, neural connectivity, and neuronal organization / Nancy J. Minshew, Diane L. Williams, and Kathryn McFadden -- Evidence for environmental susceptibility in autism : what we need to know about gene x environment interactions / Isaac N. Pessah and Pamela J. Lein -- An expanding spectrum of autism models : from fixed developmental defects to reversible functional impairments / Martha R. Herbert and Matthew P. Anderson.
- Autistic spectrum disorders in children 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Automated EEG-based diagnosis of neurological disorders 2010, CRCnetBASETime-frequency analysis : wavelet transforms -- Chaos theory -- Classifier designs -- Electroencephalograms and epilepsy -- Analysis of EEGs in an epileptic patient using wavelet transform -- Wavelet-chaos methodology for analysis of EEGs and EEG sub-bands -- Mixed-band wavelet-chaos neural network methodology -- Principal component analysis-enhanced cosine radial basis function neural network -- Alzheimer's disease and models of computation : imaging, classification, and neural models -- Alzheimer's disease : models of computation and analysis of EEGs -- A spatio-temporal wavelet-chaos methodology for EEG-based diagnosis of Alzheimer's disease -- Spiking neural networks : spiking neurons and learning algorithms -- Improved spiking neural networks with application to EEG classification and epilepsy and seizure detection -- A new supervised learning algorithm for multiple spiking neural networks -- Applications of multiple spiking neural networks : EEG classification and epilepsy and seizure detection.
- Autonomic dysfunction after spinal cord injury 2005, ScienceDirect
- Autonomic nervous system 2013, ScienceDirectAutonomic Nervous System provides an introduction to the latest science and detailed chapters on advances in the clinical diagnosis and treatment of autonomic system disorders. The autonomic nervous system controls all involuntary actions within the human nervous system. Core body functions regulated by the autonomic system include breathing, heartbeat, blood pressure, body temperature, perspiration, and bowel, bladder and sexual function. Our understanding of the neurotransmitters associated with the autonomic nervous system has expanded over the past 15 years associated with current research efforts and are now impacting the diagnosis and treatment of autonomic nervous system disorders by clinical neurologists. This volume is a valuable companion for neuroscience and clinical neurology researchers and practitioners. A volume in the Handbook of Clinical Neurology series, which has an unparalleled reputation as the world's most comprehensive source of information in neurologyInternational list of contributors, including the leading workers in the fieldDescribes the advances that have occurred in clinical neurology and the neurosciences and their impact on the understanding of neurological disorders and on patient care.
- Autonomic nervous system in old age 2004., Karger
- Axonal branching and recovery of coordinated muscle activity after transection of the facial nerve in adult rats 2005, Springer
- Bacterial infections of the central nervous system 2010, ScienceDirect
- Barrel cortex 2008, ebrary
- Basal ganglia IX 2009, Springer
- Basal ganglia VIII 2005, SpringerOscillations in the basal ganglia -- Cholinergic mechanisms in the striatum -- Pharmacological and receptor studies of the basal ganglia -- Disorders of basal ganglia function I: studies in animal models -- Disorders of basal ganglia function II: clinical studies -- Physiological and anatomical studies of the functional organisation of the basal ganglia.
- Basic aspects of hearing 2013, SpringerPeripheral processing -- Mosaic evolution of the mammalian auditory periphery -- A computer model of the auditory periphery and its application to the study of hearing -- A probabilistic account of absolute auditory thresholds and its possible physiological basis -- Cochlear compression: Recent insights from behavioural experiments -- Improved psychophysical methods to estimate peripheral gain and compression -- Contralateral efferent regulation of human cochlear tuning: Behavioural observations and computer model simulations -- Modeling effects of precursor duration on behavioral estimates of cochlear gain -- Is overshoot caused by an efferent reduction in cochlear gain? -- Accurate estimation of compression in simultaneous masking enables the simulation of hearing impairment for normal-hearing listeners -- Modelling the distortion produced by cochlear compression -- Temporal fine structure and pitch -- How independent are the pitch and the interaural-time-difference mechanisms that rely on temporal fine structure information? -- On the limit of neural phase-locking to fine-structure in humans -- Effects of sensorineural hearing loss on temporal coding of harmonic and inharmonic tone complexes in the auditory nerve -- A glimpsing account of the role of temporal fine structure information in speech recognition -- Assessing the possible role of frequency-shift detectors in the ability to hear out partials in complex tones -- Pitch perception: Dissociating frequency from fundamental-frequency discrimination -- Pitch perception for sequences of impulse responses whose scaling alternates at every cycle -- Putting the tritone paradox into context: insights from neural population decoding and human psychophysics -- Enhancement and perceptual compensation -- Spectral and level effects in auditory enhancement -- Enhancement of increments in spectral amplitude: further evidence for a mechanism based on central adaptation -- Differential sensitivity to appearing and disappearing objects in complex acoustic scenes -- Perceptual compensation when isolated test words are heard in room reverberation -- A new approach to sound source identification -- Binaural processing -- Maps of ITD in the Nucleus Laminaris of the Barn Owl --The influence of the envelope waveform on binaural tuning of neurons in the inferior colliculus and its relation to binaural perception -- No evidence for ITD-specific adaptation in the frequency following response -- Interaural time difference thresholds as a function of frequency -- Interaural time processing when stimulus bandwidth differs at the two ears -- Neural correlates of the perception of sound source separation -- When and how envelope "rate-limitations" affect processing of interaural temporal disparities conveyed by high-frequency stimuli -- The sound source distance dependence of the acoustical cues to location and their encoding by neurons in the inferior colliculus: implications for the Duplex theory -- Cochlear contributions to the precedence effect -- Off-frequency BMLD: the role of monaural processing -- Measuring the apparent width of auditory sources in normal and impaired hearing -- Psychophysics of human echolocation -- Speech and temporal processing -- Formant-frequency variation and its effects on across-formant grouping in speech perception -- Do we need STRFs for cocktail parties? - On the relevance of physiologically motivated features for human speech perception derived from automatic speech recognition -- Modeling speech intelligibility in adverse conditions -- Better temporal neural coding with cochlear implants in awake animals -- Effects of auditory nerve refractoriness and adaptation on auditory perception -- Robust cortical encoding of slow temporal modulations of speech -- Wideband monaural envelope correlation perception -- Detection thresholds for amplitude modulations of tones in budgerigar (Melopsittacus undulatus) -- Phase discrimination ability in Mongolian gerbils provides evidence for possible processing mechanism of mistuning detection -- Auditory cortex and beyond -- Stimulus-specific adaptation beyond pure tones -- Mapping tonotopy in human auditory cortex -- Cortical activity associated with the perception of temporal asymmetry in ramped and damped noises -- Cortical representation of the combination of monaural and binaural unmasking -- Processing of short auditory stimuli: The Rapid Audio Sequential Presentation paradigm (RASP) -- Integration of auditory and tactile inputs in musical meter perception -- A dynamic system for the analysis of the acoustic features and valence of aversive sounds in the human brain -- Auditory scene analysis -- Can comodulation masking release occur when frequency changes would promote perceptual segregation of the on-frequency and flanking bands? -- Illusory auditory continuity despite neural evidence to the contrary -- High-acuity spatial stream segregation -- How early aging and environment interact in everyday listening: From brainstem to behaviour through modeling -- Energetic and informational masking in a simulated restaurant environment -- A computational model for the dynamic aspects of primitive auditory scene analysis -- A naturalistic approach to the cocktail party -- Temporal coherence and the streaming of complex sounds.
- Basic neurochemistry. 6th ed. 1999, NCBI Bookshelf
- Behavioral neurobiology of aging 2012, Springer
- Behavioral neurobiology of alcohol addiction 2013, Springer
- Behavioral neurobiology of anxiety and its treatment 2010, Springer
- Behavioral neurobiology of eating disorders 2011, SpringerCognition and emotions in eating disorders --Personality and tempermentLisa Rachelle Riso Lilenfeld --Cognitions and emotions in eating disorders /Nicolette Siep, Anita Jansen, Remco Havermans, and Anne Roefs --Neural circuits, neurotransmitters, and behavior --Neurocircuitry of eating disorders /Walter H. Kaye, Angela Wagner, Julie L. Fudge, and Martin Paulus --Serotonin: imaging findings in eating disorders /Ursula F. Bailer and Walter H. Kaye --Dopamine-based reward circuitry responsivity, genetics and overeating /Eric Stice, Sonja Yokum, David Zald, and Alain Dagher --Reward and neurocomputational processes /Guido K. W. Frank --Cognitive-behavioral flexibility in anorexia nervosa /Hans-Christoph Friederich and Wolfgang Herzog --Neural circuits, neurotransmitters and behavior /Howard Steiger, Kenneth R. Bruce, and Patricia Groleau --Genetics, gender and heritability --The heritability of eating disorders: methods and current findings /Laura M. Thornton, Suzanne E. Mazzeo, and Cynthia M. Bulik --The genetics of eating disorders /Sietske G. Helder and David A Collier --The influence of gender and puberty on the heritablility of disordered eating symptons /Kristen M. Culbert, Sarah E. Racine, and Kelly L. Klump --Neuroendocrinology and animal research --New frontiers in endocrinology of eating disorders /Palmiero Monteleone --Animal models of eating disorder traits /Martien J. H. Kas and Roger A. H. Dan --Neurobiology driving hyperactivity in activity-based anorexia /R. A. H. Adan, J. J. G. Hillebrand, U. N. Dammer, S. Cardona Cano, M. J. H. Kas, and L. A. W. Verhagen --Translational approach to treatment --Translating experimental neuroscience into treatment of eating disorders: two examples /Ulrike Schmidt, Anna Oldershaw, and Annemarie van Elburg --Cognitive remediation therapy for eating disorders; development, refinement and future directions /Kate Tchanturia and James Lock --Incorporating dispositional traits into the treatment of anorexia nervosa /Nancy L. Zucker, David Herzog, Ashley Moskovich, Rhonda Merwin, and Tammy Lin.
- Behavioral neurobiology of schizophrenia and its treatment 2010, Springer
- Behavioral neurobiology of the endocannabinoid system 2009, Springer
- Behavioral neuroscience of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and its treatment 2012, Springer
- Behavioral neuroscience of drug addiction 2010, Springer
- Bioimaging in neurodegeneration 2005, Springer
- Biological child psychiatry 2008, KargerAttention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder / Coghill, D., Rohde, L.A., Banaschewski, T. -- Autism / Moura, P.J., Lombroso, P.J., Mercadante, M.T. -- Brain model for pediatric bipolar disorder / Pavuluri, M.N., Bogarapu, S.P. -- Neurobiology of depression in childhood and adolescence / Bark, C., Resch, F. -- The neurobiological basis of anxiety in children and adolescents / Grados, M.A. -- Obsessive-compulsive disorder in childhood / Rosário, M.C. ... [et al.] -- Neurobiological background of tic disorders / Roessner, V., Rothenberger, A. -- Schizophrenia in children and adolescents / Remschmidt, H. -- Eating disorders / Fleitlich-Bilyk, B., Lock, J. -- Conduct disorder / Popma, A., Vermeiren, R. -- Substance use disorders in adolescence / Szobot, C.M., Bukstein, O. -- Molecular genetics in child psychiatry / Stringaris, A.K., Asherson, P. -- Recent developments in neuropsychological models of childhood psychiatric disorders / Willcutt, E.G. ... [et al.] -- Electrophysiology in child psychiatric disorders / Banaschewski, T., Brandeis, D. -- Neuroimaging in child psychiatry / Durston, S.
- Biomedical imaging in experimental neuroscience 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Blood-brain and other neural barriers 2011, Springer ProtocolsMorphology and properties of brain endothelial cells -- Morphology and properties of pericytes -- Morphology and properties of astrocytes -- The blood-cerebrospinal fluid barrier: Structure and functional significance -- The blood-retinal barrier: Structure and functional significance -- The blood-nerve barrier: Structure and functional significance -- Detection of multiple proteins in intracerebral vessels by confocal microscopy -- Multiparametric magnetic resonance imaging and repeated measurements of blood-brain barrier permeability to contrast agents -- Detection of brain pathology by magnetic resonance imaging of iron oxide micro-particles -- Measuring the integrity of the human blood-brain barrier using magnetic resonance imaging -- Assessing blood-cerebrospinal fluid barrier permeability in the rat embryo -- Detection of blood-nerve barrier permeability by magnetic resonance imaging -- Isolation of human brain endothelial cells and characterization of lipid raft-associated proteins by mass spectroscopy -- Analysis of mouse brain microvascular endothelium using laser capture microdissection coupled with proteomics -- Molecular and functional characterization of P-glycoprotein in vitro -- Methods to study glycoproteins at the blood-brain barrier using mass spectrometry -- Novel models for studying the blood-brain and blood-eye barriers in drosophila -- Zebrafish model of the blood-brain barrier: Morphological and permeability studies -- Methods to assess pericyte-endothelial cell interactions in a coculture model -- Isolation and properties of an in vitro human outer blood-retinal barrier model -- Isolation and properties of endothelial cells forming the blood-nerve barrier -- Treatment of focal brain ischemia with viral vector-mediated gene transfer -- Blood-brain barrier disruption in the treatment of brain tumors -- Integrated platform for brain imaging and drug delivery across the blood-brain barrier -- Targeting the choroid plexus-CSF-brain nexus using peptides identified by phage display.
- Blood-brain barrier 2003, Springer Protocols
- Blood-spinal cord and brain barriers in health and disease 2004, ScienceDirect
- BOLD fMRI 2010, SpringerPrinciples of functional MRI -- fMRI scanning methodologies -- Experimental design and data analysis for fMRI -- Challenges in fMRI and its limitations -- Clinical challenges of fMRI -- Brain mapping for neurosurgery and cognitive neuroscience -- fMRI of memory in aging and dementia -- fMRI of language systems: methods and applications -- fMRI Wada test: prospects for presurgical mapping of language and memory -- Cognitive neuroscience applications -- Neuroanatomical atlas.
- Boundaries of consciousness 2005, ScienceDirect
- Brain aging 2007, CRCnetBASEChanges in cognitive function in human aging / Elizabeth Glisky -- Successful versus unsuccessful cognitive aging in Rhesus monkeys / Mark B. Moss ... [et al.] -- Neuropsychology of cognitive aging in rodents / Joshua S. Rodefer -- Design-based stereology in brain aging research / Cristoph Schmitz -- The effects of normal aging on nerve fibers and neuroglia in the central nervous system / Alan Peters -- Neurogenesis in the adult and aging brain / David R. Riddle -- Expression profile analysis of brain aging / Steve Ginsberg -- Subtle alterations in glutamatergic synapses underlie the aging-related declines in hippocampal function / Lei Shi, Michelle Adams, and Judy Brunso-Bechtold -- Assessment of second messenger function in the hippocampus of aged rats with cognitive impairment / Michelle M. Nicolle, H. Zhang, Jennifer L. Bizon -- Neurophysiology of old neurons and synapses / Ashok Kumar and Thomas C. Foster -- Imaging cognition in the aging human brain / Trey Hedden -- Regulation of cerebrovascular aging / William Sonntag, Jeremy Ingraham, and Delrae Eckman -- Stress and glucocorticoid contributions to normal and pathological aging / Ki A. Goosens and Robert Sapolsky -- Altered calcium homeostasis in old neurons / Emil Toescu -- Oxidative stress in aging / Jennifer Vila and Paula C. Bickford.Changes in cognitive function in human aging / Elizabeth L. Glisky -- Successful vs. unsuccessful aging in the Rhesus monkey / Mark B. Moss ... [et al.] -- Neuropsychology of cognitive aging in rodents / Joshua S. Rodefer and Mark G. Baxter -- Design-based stereology in brain aging research / Cristoph Schmitz and Patrick R. Hof -- The effects of normal aging on nerve fibers and neuroglia in the central nervous system / Alan Peters -- Neurogenesis in the adult and aging brain / David R. Riddle and Robin J. Lichtenwalner -- Expression profile analysis of brain aging / Stephen D. Ginsberg -- Subtle alterations in glutamatergic synapses underlie the aging-related decline in hippocampal function / Lei Shi, Michelle Adams, and Judy K. Brunso-Bechtold -- Assessment of second messenger function in the hippocampus of aged rats with cognitive impairment / Michelle M. Nicolle, Hai-Yan Zhang, and Jennifer L. Bizon -- Neurophysiology of old neurons and synapses / Ashok Kumar and Thomas C. Foster -- Imaging cognition in the aging human brain / Trey Hedden -- Regulation of cerebrovascular aging / William E. Sonntag ... [et al.] -- Stress and glucocorticoid contributions to normal and pathological aging / Ki A. Goosens and Robert M. Sapolsky -- Altered calcium homeostasis in old neurons / Emil C. Toescu -- Oxidative stress and the aging brain: from theory to prevention / Carmelina Gemma ... [et al.].
- Brain and its self 2005, Springer
- Brain cancer 2010, Springer
- Brain control of wakefulness and sleep. 2nd ed. 2005, Springer
- Brain cuttings 2010, ebraryThe human brain has long been a mystery, but twenty-first century science is beginning to reveal some of its inner workings. With microscopes and brain scans, with psychological experiments and breakthroughs in genetics, neuroscientists are developing new theories about every aspect of our minds--from the nature of consciousness to the causes of disorders like autism and schizophrenia. In Brain Cuttings, award-winning science writer Carl Zimmer takes readers on fascinating explorations of the frontiers of research, shedding light on our innermost existence--the speed of thought, our perception o.
- Brain development in Drosophila melanogaster 2008, SpringerThe development of the Drosophila larval brain -- Anteroposterior regionalization of the brain: genetic and comparative aspects -- Dorsoventral patterning of the brain: a comparative approach -- Dissection of the embryonic brain using photoactivated gene expression -- Design of the larval chemosensory system -- Development of the Drosophila olfactory system -- The olfactory sensory map in drosophila -- Optic lobe development -- Clonal unit architecture of the adult fly brain.
- Brain diseases and metalloproteins 2012, CRCnetBASE
- Brain dynamics 2007, Springer
- Brain dynamics. 2nd ed. 2008, Springer
- Brain edema. XIII 2006, Springer
- Brain edema. XIV 2010, Springer
- Brain imaging 2008, Thieme BookTrauma -- Cerebral contusion -- Diffuse axonal injury -- Subdural hematoma (SDH) -- Epidural hematoma -- Traumatic subarachnoid hemorrhage -- Cerebral edema -- Herniation syndromes -- Skull fracture -- Inflammation -- Multiple sclerosis (MS) -- Postinfectious encephalomyelitis (ADEM) -- Herpes simplex encephalitis -- Cerebral abscess - Meningitis -- Cerebral vasculitis -- Toxoplasmosis -- Progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML) -- Tuberculosis of the CNS -- CNS cysticercosis -- Aneurysms -- Subarachnoid hemorrhage (SAH) -- Saccular aneurysm -- Fusiform aneurysm --Vascular malformations -- Cavernous hemangioma -- Venous dysplasia -- Capillary telangiectasia -- Pial arteriovenous malformation (AVM) -- Cranial dural arteriovenous fistula -- Variants of vascular anatomy -- Vascular compression syndromes -- Stroke -- Ischemic brain infarction -- Cerebral microangiopathy -- Primary intracerebral hemorrhage --- Amyloid angiopathy -- Vascular dissection -- Impaired venous drainage -- Diffuse hypoxic brain damage -- Tumors -- Meningioma - Higher grade gliomas -- Brain metastasis -- Low-grade astrocytoma -- Primary CNS lymphoma -- Sellar masses -- Nerve sheath tumors -- Oligodendroglioma -- Pilocytic astrocytoma -- Medulloblastoma -- Pineal tumors -- Epidermoid -- Embryonal tumors -- Ependymoma -- Glioneuronal tumors -- Hemangioblastoma -- Gilomatosis cerebri --Choroid plexus papilloma -- Cysts -- Arachnoid cyst -- Virchow-Robin spaces -- Pineal cyst -- Colloid cyst -- Rathke cleft cyst -- Choroid plexus cyst -- Meninges -- Meningeal carcinomatosis -- Reactive memingeal enhancement -- CNS sarcoidosis -- Ventricles and cisterns -- Obstructive hydrocephalus -- Idiopathic normal-pressure hyudrocephalus -- Pseudotumor cerebri -- Leukoencephalopathies -- Wallerian degeneration -- Alzheimer disease -- Central pontine myelinolysis -- Toxic leukoencephalopathies -- Reversible posterior leukoencephalopathy -- Multiple system atrophy -- Wilson Disease -- Hepatic encephalopathy -- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) -- Wernicke encephhalopathy -- Superficial siderosis of the brain -- Congenital malformations -- Chiari malformations -- Defective migration -- Anomalies of the corpus callosum -- Dandy-Walker complex -- Periventricular leukomalacia (PVL) -- Neurofibromatosis type 1 (Von Recklinghausen Disease) -- Neurofibromatosis type II -- Tuberous sclerosis (Bourneville-Pringle Disease) -- Sturge-Weber Syndrome -- Von Hippel-Lindau Syndrome -- Holoprosencephaly -- Artifacts in MRI -- Postoperative changes.
- Brain imaging in behavioral medicine and clinical neuroscience: an introduction -- Basic MR physics: considerations for behavioral medicine and neurophysiology -- Functional magnetic resonance imaging -- Diffusion-tensor imaging and behavioral medicine -- Perfusion MRI -- Proton magnetic resonance spectroscopy: a practical guide for the clinical neuroscientist -- Functional near-infrared spectroscopy -- Methodological considerations for using bold fMRI in the clinical neurosciences -- Application of functional neuroimaging to examination of nicotine dependence -- Relationship between mood, stress, and tobacco smoking -- Imaging substance use and misuse: psychostimulants -- Eating disorders -- Structural and functional neuroimaging in obesity -- Neuropsychology and neuroimaging in metabolic dysfunction -- Neuroimaging of cardiovascular disease -- Exercise and the brain -- Neuroimaging of pain: a psychosocial perspective -- Neuroimaging in acute ischemic stroke -- Neuroimaging of Alzheimer's disease, mild cognitive impairment, and other dementias -- Application of neuroimaging methods to define cognitive and brain abnormalities associated with HIV -- Neuroimaging and cognitive function in multiple sclerosis -- Neuroimaging of fatigue -- Brain imaging in behavioral medicine and clinical neuroscience: synthesis.
- Brain imaging in behavioral neuroscience 2012, Springer
- Brain immune system signal molecules in protection from aerobic and anaerobic infections 2012, SpringerThe Cytokine System --The Discovery of the Brain Immunomodulators --Brain Neuroendocrine Immune System: Neurosecretion of Interleukins and New Cytokines Produced by NSO and NPV of Hypothalamus --Antibacterial and Antiviral Activity of PRP-1 (Galarmin) and Some Immunological Mechanisms of its Action --Treatment and Prophylaxis of Anthrax by Galarmin: Receptor Tyrosine Kinases is a Target of Galarmin --Prophylaxis and Treatment of Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus (MRSA) Infection with Proline-Rich Polypeptides Galarmin and Its Structural Analogues in an Experimental Murine Model --Treatment of Clostridium Perfringens-induced Gas Gangrene by New Cytokines of Brain --Hypothalamic, Proline-Rich Polypeptide (Galarmin) has Protective and Immunogenic Activity on Experimental Mycobacterium Tuberculosis Infection --Brain-Bone Marrow Neurohumoral Axis: Galarmin Controls Differentiation, Proliferation and Mobilization of Bone Marrow Progenitor cells --Antioxidant-Antiradical and Electron Donating Function of Galarmin and Gx-NH2 --Discussion --Summary.
- Brain inspired cognitive systems, 2010, Springer
- Brain lipids and disorders in biological psychiatry. 1st ed. 2002, ScienceDirect
- Brain literacy for educators and psychologists 2002, ScienceDirectpt. 1.What educators need to know about the brain --1.Introduction and conceptual foundations --2.General principles of microstructure and microfunction --3.General principles of macrostructure and macrofunction --4.General principles of brain development --pt. 2.Linking brain research to literacy research --5.Building a reading brain neurologically --6.Building a writing brain neurologically --7.Building a computing brain neurologically --pt. 3.Linking literacy research to brain research --8.Building a reading brain pedagogically --9.Building a writing brain pedagogically --10.Building a computing brain pedagogically --pt. 4.Educational applications of brain-literacy links --11.Implications for educational policy --12.Implications for classroom practice.
- Brain machine interfaces. Implications for science, clinical practice and society 2011, ScienceDirectMaking the lifetime connection between brain and machine for restoring and enhancing function -- Out of the frying pan into the fire: the P300-based BCI faces real-world challenges -- Toward a whole-body neuroprosthetic -- Biocompatible multichannel electrodes for long-term neurophysiological studies and clinical therapy: novel concepts and design -- Deep brain stimulation: BCI at large, where are we going to? -- Deep brain stimulation: emerging indications -- Development of neuromodulation treatments in a large animal model: Do neurosurgeons dream of electric pigs? -- Few examples of the contribution of animal research in rodents for clinical application of deep brain stimulation -- Cochlear implants: matching the prosthesis to the brain and facilitating desired plastic changes in brain function -- Multimodal, longitudinal assessment of intracortical microstimulation -- Functional consequences of chronic, physiologically effective intracortical microstimulation -- Reducting surface area while maintaining implant penetrating profile lowers the brain foreign body response to chronically implanted planar silicon microelectrode arrays -- Can histology solve the riddle of the nonfunctioning electrode? Factors influencing the biocompatibility of brain machine interfaces -- Changes in CNS structures after spinal cord lesions: implications for BMI -- Modeling the potentiality of spinal-like circuitry for stabilization of a planar arm system -- Advances in the use of electrical stimulation for the recovery of motor function -- Intraspinal microstimulation for the recovery of function following spinal cord injury -- Interfacing neurons with carbon nanotubes: (re)engineering neuronal signaling -- Nanomodified surfaces and neurite outgrowth -- Direct local polymerization of poly(3,4-ethylenedioxythiophene) in rat cortex.
- Brain mapping 2011, Springer
- Brain mapping. 2nd ed. 2002, ScienceDirect
- Brain mechanisms for the integration of posture and movement. 1st ed. 2004, ScienceDirect
- Brain metastases 2007, Springer
- Brain protection in cardiac surgery 2011, SpringerMolecular and biochemical basis of brain injury following heart surgery: interventions for the future -- Cardiopulmonary bypass circuit and the brain -- Neurological and cognitive sequelae of cardiac surgery -- Neurocognitive decline following cardiac surgery: incidence, risk factors, prevention, and outcomes -- Neuropathology of brain injury in cardiac surgery -- Biochemical markers of brain injury -- Pitfalls of neuropsychometric assessment and alternative investigative approaches -- Imaging of the brain in cardiac surgery as a tool in brain protection studies -- Current techniques of emboli detection and their utility in brain protection studies -- Intraoperative brain monitoring in cardiac surgery -- Near-infrared spectroscopy monitoring in cardiac surgery: theory, practice, and utility -- The design and methodology of clinical studies on neuroprotection in cardiac surgery -- Temperature and brain protection in cardiac surgery -- Studies of nonpharmacological interventions to reduce brain injury -- Pharmacological studies to reduce brain injury in cardiac surgery -- Off-pump and on-pump coronary artery surgery and the brain -- Experimental basis and clinical studies of brain protection in pediatric heart surgery -- Experimental basis and clinical studies of brain protection in aortic arch surgery -- The future of brain protection in cardiac surgery.
- Brain repair 2006, SpringerCell cycle activation in neurons: the final exit of brain-morpho-dysregulation / Thomas Arendt -- Paved with good intentions: the link between cell cycle and cell death in the mammalian central nervous system / Yan Yang and Karl Herrup -- The role of presenilins in the cell cycle and apoptosis / Mervyn J. Monteiro -- Cell cycle activation and cell death in the nervous system / Zsuzsanna Nagy -- Cell cycle and chromosome segregation defects in Alzheimer's disease / Huntington Potter -- Alzheimer disease: a new beginning or a final exit? / Mark E. Obrenovich ... [et al.] -- From cell cycle activation to the inhibition of the Wnt pathway: a hypothesis of how neurons die in response to b-Amyloid / Agata Copani ... [et al.].
- Brain stimulation : 2013, ScienceDirectThe field of brain stimulation is expanding rapidly, with techniques such as DBS, TMS, and tDCS moving from the research community into clinical diagnosis and treatment. Clinical applications include treating disorders such as Parkinson's disease, dystonia, and even depression. The chapters of Brain Stimulation are written by leading international researchers and clinical specialists include coverage of techniques, modes of action and applications in physiology and therapeutics. The combination of research and clinical coverage will be of interest to neurologists, neurosurgeons, psychiatrists, neuroscientists, and health care workers. A comprehensive introduction and overview of deep brain stimulation (DBS)Coverage of DBS, transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) and transcranial direct current stimulation (tDCS)Details the basic science and research utility of DBS and clinical application.
- Brain tumors 2005, SpringerEpidemiology of brain tumors / Randa El-Zein, Melissa Bondy, and Margaret Wrensch -- Molecular genetics of tumors of the central nervous system / C. David James -- Molecular pathology of nervous system tumors / Catherine L. Nutt ... [et al.] -- Genetic modeling of glioma formation in mice / Martin Begemann ... [et al.] -- Biology of brain metastasis / Minsoo Kang ... [et al.] -- Analysis of neural precursor cells in the context of origin of brain tumors, their treatment, and repair of treatment-associated damage / Mark Noble and Joerg Dietrich -- Biology of primitive neuroectodermal tumors / John R. Hill, Shoichiro Ohta, and Mark A. Israel -- Molecular and cellular biology of the blood-brain barrier and its characteristics in brain tumors / Helga E. de Vries ... [et al.] -- Immune regulation in the brain : lessons from autoimmunity and implications for brain tumor therapy / Lois A. Lampson -- Genetic pathways in the evolution of gliomas / Hiroko Ohgaki and Paul Kleihues -- DNA damage and repair in the therapeutic response of tumors of the central nervous system / Henry S. Friedman, M. Eileen Dolan, and Francis Ali-Osman -- Role of urokinase-type plasminogen activator receptor in human glioma invasion / Sanjeeva Mohanam and Jasti S. Rao -- Regulation of the cell cycle and apoptosis in human brain tumors / Juan Fueyo, Candelaria Gomez-Manzano, and Timothy J. McDonnell -- Systemic chemotherapy for metastatic tumors of the central nervous system / Charles A. Conrad and W.K. Alfred Yung -- Radiation biology and therapy of tumors of the central nervous system / Nalin Gupta ... [et al.] -- Advances in the management of cerebral metastases / Fadi Hanbali and Raymond Sawaya -- Immunotherapy of central nervous system tumors: contemporary cancer research / Amy B. Heimberger ... [et al.] -- Targeting drugs to tumors of the central nervous system / Maciej S. Lesniak, James Frazier, and Henry Brem -- Rational design and development of targeted brain tumor therapeutics / Francis Ali-Osman ... [et al.].
- Brain tumors. 3rd ed. / 2011, ScienceDirectMeet the increasing need for effective brain tumor management with the highly anticipated revision of Brain Tumors by Drs. Andrew H. Kaye and Edward R. Laws. Over the past decade, enormous advances have been made in both the diagnosis and the surgical and radiotherapeutic management of brain tumors. This new edition guides you through the latest developments in the field, including hot topics like malignant gliomas, functional brain mapping, neurogenetics and the molecular biology of brain tumors, and biologic and gene therapy. You'll also have easy access to the complete contents online, with links to PubMed and a downloadable image library, at www.expertconsult.com. Benefit from the knowledge and experience of Drs. Andrew H. Kaye and Edward R. Laws, globally recognized experts in the field of neurosurgery, as well as many other world authorities.
- Brain's eye. 1st ed. 2002, ScienceDirectSect. ISaccadic eye movements /section editor, D.P. Munoz --1.Vying for dominance: dynamic interactions control visual fixation and saccadic initiation in the superior colliculus --2.Neural control of saccades --3.The latency of saccades toward auditory targets in humans --4.Contribution of the primate prefrontal cortex to the gap effect --5.Influence of stimulus characteristics on the latency of saccadic inhibition --6.Commentary: Saccadic eye movements: overview of neural circuitry --Sect. II.Change blindness and transsaccadic integration /section editor, J. Hyönä --7.Converging evidence for the detection of change without awareness --8.Blinks, blanks and saccades: how blind we really are for relevant visual events --9.Multiple-object permanence tracking: limitation in maintenance and transformation of perceptual objects --10.What information survives saccades in the real world? --11.Transsaccadic memory of position and form --12.Transsaccadic memory for visual object detail --13.Commentary: Changes --Sect. III.Smooth pursuit eye movements /section editors, W. Heide and D.P. Munoz --14.Non-target influences on the initiation of smooth pursuit eye movements --15.Integration of motion cues for the initiation of smooth pursuit eye movements --16.The role of expectancy and volition in smooth pursuit eye movements --19Commentary: Smooth pursuit eye movements: from low-level to high-level vision --Sect. IV. Eye-hand coordination /section editor, R. Radach --20.Cortical frames of reference for eye-hand coordination --21.Neuropsychological perspectives on eye-hand coordination in visually-guided reaching --22.Visuomotor transformations for eye-hand coordination --23.Implications of distracter effects for the organization of eye movements, hand movements, and perception --24.Visual short-term memory and motor planning --25.Commentary: Coordination of eye and hand in time and space --Sect. V.Clinical aspects of eye movement research /section editor, W. Heide --26.Visual search in long-term cannabis users with early age of onset --27.Visual search in patients with left visual hemineglect --28.Saccadic adaptation in neurological disorders --29.Saccade sequences as markers for cerebral dysfunction following mild closed head injury --30.Cognition and the inhibitory control of saccades in schizophrenia and Parkinson's disease --31.Control of volitional and reflexive saccades in Tourette's syndrome --32.Oculomotor control in a group of very low birth weight (VLBW) children --33.A new framework for investigating both normal and abnormal eye movements --34.Commentary: Eye movement research with clinical populations --Subject index.
- Brain, behavior and epigenetics 2011, Springer
- Brain, mind, and consciousness 2011, Springer
- Brain, mind, and medicine 2007, SpringerA. Introduction / Harry Whitaker, C.U.M. Smith, and Stanley Finger -- Chronology / C.U.M. Smith -- B. Background. Introduction / The editors -- Brain and mind in the 'long' eighteenth century / C.U.M. Smith -- Enlightening neurosciences : microscopes and microscopy in the eighteenth century / Brian J. Ford -- Corpus curricula : medical education and the voluntary hospital movement / Jonathan Reinarz -- Some thoughts on the medical milieu in the last quarter of the eighteenth century as reflected in the life and activities of James Parkinson (1755-1824) / Christopher Gardner-Thrope --C. The nervous system. Introduction / The editors -- John Hunter's contribution to neuroscience / James L. Stone, James T. Goodrich, and George R. Cybulski -- William Cullen (1710-1790) and Robert Whytt (1714-1766) on the nervous system / Julius Rocca -- 1710 : the introduction of experimental nervous system physiology and anatomy by François Pourfour du Petit / Lawrence Kruger and Larry W. Swanson -- Irritable glue: the Haller-Whytt controversy on the mechanism of muscle contraction / Eugenio Frixione -- The taming of the electric ray : from an wonderful and dreadful "art" to "animal electricity" and "electric battery" / Marco Piccolino -- Luigi Galvani, physician, surgeon, physicist: from animal electricity to electro-physiology / Miriam Focaccia and Raffaella Simili -- D. Brain and behavior. Introduction / The editors -- The vision of William Porterfield / Nicholas J. Wade -- David Hartley's neural vibrations and psychological associations / Robert B. Glassman and Hugh W. Buckingham -- Charles Bonnet's neurophilosophy / Harry A. Whitaker and Yves Turgeon -- Swedenborg and localization theory / Ulf Norrsell --E. Medical theories and applications. Introduction / The editors -- Neuroscience in the work of Boerhaave and Haller / Peter J. Koehler -- Apoplexy : changing concepts in the eighteenth century / Catherine E. Storey -- Benjamin Franklin and the electrical cure for disorders of the nervous system / Stanley Finger -- Gentleman's magazine, the advent of medical electricity, and disorders of the nervous system / Hannah Sypher Locke and Stanley Finger -- Therapeutic attractions: early applications of electricity to the art of healing / Paola Bertucci -- John Wesley on the estimation and cure of nervous disorders / James G. Donat -- Franz Anton Mesmer and the rise and fall of animal magnetism : dramatic cures, controversy, and ultimately a triumph for the scientific method / Douglas J. Lanska and Joseph T. Lanska -- Hysteria in the eighteenth century / Diana Faber --F. Cultural consequences. Introduction / The editors -- Technological metaphors and the anatomy of representations in eighteenth-century French materialism and dualist mechanism / Timo Kaitaro -- Explorations of the brain, mind and medicine in the writings of Jonathan Swift / Marjorie Perlman Lorch -- Temperament and the long shadow of nerves in the eighteenth century / George Rousseau.
- Brain-- an introduction to functional neuroanatomy. 1st ed. 2010, ScienceDirectChapter 1. Nerve cells and synapses -- Chapter 2. Central nervous system basics- the brain and spinal cord -- Chapter 3. A map of the brain -- Chapter 4. Peripheral nerves -- Chapter 5. Command and control- the motor systems -- Chapter 6. Gathering information- the sensory systems -- Chapter 7. The human cerebral cortex -- Chapter 8. Higher level functions consciousness, learning, memory, and emotions -- Chapter 9. When things go wrong- brain disease and injury -- Chapter 10. The development of the brain and spinal cord -- Chapter 11. Techniques for studying the brain.
- Brain-body-mind in the nebulous Cartesian system 2011, Springer
- Brainstem disorders 2011, Springer
- Breathe, walk and chew. The Neural challenge. Part 1-2. 1st ed. pt. 1-2, 2010-2011., ScienceDirectpt. 2 ScienceDirect
- Brodmann's Localisation in the cerebral cortex. 3rd ed. 2006, Springer
- Cancer neurology in clinical practice. 2nd ed. 2008, SpringerOverview -- Diagnostic studies -- Neurologic symptoms -- Direct complications of cancer -- Indirect complications of cancer -- Complications of cancer therapy -- Neurologic complications of specific malignancies.
- Cannabinoids and the brain 2008, Springer
- Carpal tunnel syndrome 2007, Springer
- Cat primary visual cortex 2002, ScienceDirectThe concept of cat primary visual cortex / Bertram R. Payne and Alan Peters -- Optical imaging of functional architecture in cat primary visual cortex / Mark Hubener and Tobias Bonhoeffer -- 2-Deoxyglucose architecture of cat primary visual cortex / Siegrid Lowel -- Functional mapping in the cat primary visual cortex using high magnetic fields / Dae-Shik Kim, Timothy Q. Duong, Kamil Ugurbil, and Seong-Gi Kim -- Relationships of LGN afferents and cortical efferents to cytochrome oxidase blobs / Joanne A. Matsubara and Jamie D. Boyd -- Influence of topography and ocular dominance on the functional organization of callosal connections in cat striate cortex / Jaime F. Olavarria -- Essential and sustaining LGN inputs to cat primary visual cortex / Theodore G. Weyand -- Integration of thalmic inputs to cat primary visual cortex / R. Clay Reid, Jose-Manuel Alonso, and W. Martin Usrey -- The emergence of direction selectivity in cat primary visual cortex / Allen L. Humphrey and Alan B. Saul -- Long-range intrinsic connections in cat primary visual cortex / Kerstin E. Schmidt and Siegrid Lowell -- Pharmacological studies on receptive field architecture / Ulf T. Eysel -- Orientation selectivity and its modulation by local and long-range connections in visual cortex / David Somers, Valentin Dragoi, and Mriganka Sur -- Response synchronization, gamma oscillations, and perceptual binding in cat primary visual cortex / Wolf Singer -- The special relationship between B Retinal ganglion cells and cat primary visual cortex / Bertram R. Payne and R. Jarrett Rushmore -- Primary visual cortex within the cortico-cortico-thalmic network / Jack W. Scannell and Malcolm P. Young -- Behavioral analyses of the contributions of cat primary visual cortex to vision / Donald E. Mitchell -- Index.
- Cell communication in nervous and immune system 2006, Springer
- Cell cycle in the central nervous system 2006, SpringerMethodological considerations in the evaluation of cell cycle in the central nervous system / Richard A. Prayson -- Neural stem cells / Philippe Taupin -- Progenitors and precursors of neurons and glial cells / Monika Bradl -- Vaculogenesis and angiogenesis / Gerald A. Grant and Damir Janigro -- Neuronal migration and malformation of cortical development / Giorgio Battaglia and Stefania Bassanini -- Genome-wide expression profiling of neurogenesis in relation to cell cycle exit / P. Roy Walker ... [et al.] -- Neurogenesis and apoptotic cell death / Klaus van Leyen ... [et al.] -- Ion channels and cell cycle / Annarosa Arcangeli and Andrea Becchetti -- Nonsynaptic GABAergic communication and postnatal neurogenesis / Xiuxin Liu, Anna Bolteus, and Angélique Bordey -- Critical roles of Ca2+ and K+ homeostasis in apoptosis / Shan Ping Yu -- Mammalian neural stem-cell renewal / Yvan Arsenijevic -- Methods of determining apoptosis in neuro-oncology: review of the literature / Brian T. Ragel ... [et al.] -- Cell cycle, neurological disorders, and reactive gliosis / Kerri L. Hallene and Damir Janigro -- Potassium channels, cell cycle and tumorigenesis in the central nervous system / Gabriele Dini, Erin V. Ilkanich, and Damir Janigro -- Enhanced neurogenesis following neurological disease / Philippe Taupin -- Endothelial injury and cell cycle re-entry / Ljiliana Krizanac-Bengez -- The contribution of bone marrow-derived cells to cerebrovascular formation and integrity / David Kobiler and John Glod -- Microvessel remodeling in cerebral ischemia / Danica B. Stanimirovic, Maria J. Moreno, and Arsalan S. Haqqani -- Vascular and neuronal effects of VEGF in the nervous system: implications for neurological disorders / Lieve Moons, Peter Carmeliet, and Mieke Dewerchin -- Epidermal growth factor receptor in the adult brain / Carmen Estrada and Antonio Villalobo -- Neurodegeneration and loss of cell cycle control in postmitotic neurons / Randall D. York, Samantha A. Cicero, and Karl Herrup -- Cell cycle activation and the amyloid-[beta] protein in Alzheimer's disease / Katarzyna A. Gustaw ... [et al.] -- Neuronal precursor proliferation and epileptic malformations of cortical development / Jorge A González-Martínez, William E. Bingaman, and Imad M. Najm -- Vascular differentiation and cell cycle / Luca Cucullo -- Adult neurogenesis and central nervous system cell cycle analysis: novel tools for exploration of the neural causes and correlates of psychiatric disorders / Amelia J. Eisch and Chitra D. Mandyam -- Neurogenesis and Alzheimer's disease: compensation, crisis, or chaos? / Gemma Casadesus ... [et al.] -- P53 and multidrug resistance transporters in the central nervous system / Shirley Teng and Micheline Piquette-Miller -- Signaling modules in glial tumors and implications for molecular therapy / Gurpreet S. Kapoor and Donald M. O'Rourke -- Detection of proliferation in gliomas by positron emission tomography imaging / Alexander M. Spence ... [et al.] -- Transition of normal astrocytes into a tumor phenotype / Sean E. Aeder and Isa M. Hussaini -- Mechanisms of gliomagenesis / Wei Zhang and Howard A. Fine -- Cell cycle of encapsulated cells / Roberto Dal Toso and Sara Bonsiegna -- Viral vector delivery to dividing cells / Yoshinaga Saeki -- Electrical stimulation and angiogenesis: electrical signals have direct effects on endothelial cells / Min Zhao -- Development and potential therapeutic aspects of mammalian neural stem cells / L. Bai, S.L. Gerson, and R.H. Miller -- Mammalian Sir2 proteins: a role in epilepsy and ischemia / Barbara Aumayr and Damir Janigro.
- Cell therapy, stem cells, and brain repair 2006, SpringerCurrent views of the embryonic and neural stem cell : cell replacement or molecular repair? / Roya Sabetrasekh ... [et al.] -- Developing novel cell sources for transplantation in Parkinson's disease / Nicolaj S. Christophersen ... [et al.] -- Neural transplantation in the nonhuman primate model of Parkinson's disease / Kimberly B. Bjugstad and John R. Sladek, Jr. -- Cell-based therapy for Huntington's disease / Claire M. Kelly, Stephen B. Dunnett, and Anne E. Rosser -- Use of bone marrow stem cells as therapy for behavioral deficits in rodent models of Huntington's disease / Gary L. Dunbar, Justin D. Oh-Lee, and Laurent Lescaudron -- Human neuroteratocarcinoma cells as a neural progenitor graft source for cell transplantation in stroke / Cesario V. Borlongan ... [et al.] --Therapeutic applications of bone marrow-derived stem cells in neurologic injury and disease / C. Dirk Keene ... [et al.] -- Cell therapy for models of pain and traumatic brain injury / Mary Eaton and Jacqueline Sagen -- The use of sertoli cells in neural transplantation / Dwaine F. Emerich, Cesario V. Borlongan, and Craig Halberstadt -- The choroids plexus : a novel graft source for neural transplantation / Cesario V. Borlongan ... [et al.] -- Progress and challenges in immunoisolation for CNS cell therapy / Christopher G. Thanos and Dwaine F. Emerich -- Evidence-based methodology for advancing neural reconstruction / Stephen Polgar -- Hematopoietic cell therapy for brain repair / Martina Vendrame and Alison E. Willing -- Stem cells and regenerative medicine : commercial and pharmaceutical implications / L. Eduardo Cruz and Silvia P. Azevedo.
- Cell-based therapies in stroke 2013, Springer
- Cell-cycle mechanisms and neuronal cell death 2005, SpringerCell cycle activation in neurons: the final exit of brain-morpho-dysregulation / Thomas Arendt -- Paved with good intentions: the link between cell cycle and cell death in the mammalian central nervous system / Yan Yang and Karl Herrup -- The role of presenilins in the cell cycle and apoptosis / Mervyn J. Monteiro -- Cell cycle activation and cell death in the nervous system / Zsuzsanna Nagy -- Cell cycle and chromosome segregation defects in Alzheimer's disease / Huntington Potter -- Alzheimer disease-a new beginning or a final exit? / Mark E. Obrenovich ... [et al.] -- From cell cycle activation to the inhibition of the WNT pathway: a hypothesis of how neurons die in response to B-Amyloid / Agata Copani ... [et al.].
- Cellular imaging techniques for neuroscience and beyond. 1st ed. 2012, ScienceDirect
- Cellular migration and formation of neuronal connections. 1st ed. 2013, ScienceDirectSection 1. Formation of axons and dendrites -- section 2. Migration -- section 3. Synaptogenesis -- section 4. Developmental sequences in the maturation of intrinsic and synapse driven patterns.
- Central auditory pathway disorders 2009, Springer
- Central nervous system diseases and inflammation 2008, Springer
- Cerebral angiography 2011, Springer
- Cerebral blood flow, metabolism, and head trauma 2013, Springer
- Cerebral hemorrhage 2008, Springer
- Cerebral palsy 2005, Springer
- Cerebral vasospasm 2013, Springer
- Changing views of Cajal's neuron 2002, ScienceDirect
- Characterizing consciousness 2011, Springer
- Chemokine receptors and neuroAIDS 2010, Springer
- Chemosensory systems in mammals, fishes, and insects 2009, Springer
- Chemotherapy-induced neuropathic pain 2013, CRCnetBASE"Written for Pain Management Practitioners, Oncologists, Oncology Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Social Workers, Pharmacologists, and Primary Care Practitioners, as well as students in these fields, this reference provides insight into chemotherapy-induced neuropathic pain cancer survivors suffer. It reviews the basic and clinical research into the normal physiology of pain transmission pathways, neuropathic pain pathology, the chemotherapeutic drug mechanisms of action and adverse effects, chemotherapy-induced neuropathy, and drug discovery efforts for treatment. Bridging the gap between theory and practice, this reference covers both basic science and clinical research, providing a unique insight into drug discovery efforts"--Provided by publisher.
- Child neurology. 7th ed. 2006, OvidInherited metabolic diseases of the nervous system / John H. Menkes and William R. Wilcox -- Mitochondrial encephalomyopathies / Harvey B. Sarnat and John H. Menkes -- Heredodegenerative diseases / John H. Menkes -- Chromosomal anomalies and contiguous-gene syndromes / John H. Menkes and Rena E. Falk -- Neuroembryology, genetic programming, and malformations of the nervous system / Harvey B. Sarnat ... [et al.] -- Perinatal asphyxia and trauma / John H. Menkes and Harvey B. Sarnat -- Infections of the nervous system / Bernard L. Maria, James F. Bale, Jr., and G. Ellis Ziel -- Autoimmune and postinfectious diseases / Agustin Legido ... [et al.] -- Postnatal trauma and injuries by physical agents / John H. Menkes and Richard G. Ellenbogen -- Toxic and nutritional disorders / John H. Menkes -- Tumors of the nervous system / Bernard L. Maria and John H. Menkes -- Neurocutaneous syndromes / Bernard L. Maria and John H. Menkes -- Cerebrovascular disorders / Cesar C. Santos and E. Steve Roach -- Paroxysmal disorders / Raman Sankar ... [et al.] -- Headaches and nonepileptic episodic disorders / A. David Rothner and John H. Menkes -- Diseases of the motor unit / John H. Menkes and Harvey B. Sarnat -- Neurologic manifestations of systemic illness / S. Robert Snodgrass -- Disorders of mental development / Marcel Kinsbourne and Frank Wood.
- Child neuropsychology. 2nd ed. 2009, Springer
- Chronic pain and brain abnormalities 2014, ScienceDirectIt is only natural for someone in pain to attend to the body part that hurts. Yet this book tells the story of persistent pain having negative effects on brain function. The contributors, all leading experts in their respective fields of pain electrophysiology, brain imaging, and animal models of pain, strive to synthesize compelling and, in some ways, connected hypotheses with regard to pain-related changes in the brain. Together, they contribute their clinical, academic, and theoretical expertise in a comprehensive overview that attempts to define the broader philosophical context of pain (disentangling sensical from nonsensical claims), list the changes known to take place in the brains of individuals with chronic pain and animal models of pain, address the possible causes and mechanisms underlying these changes, and detail the techniques and analytical methods at our disposal to "visualize" and study these changes. Philosophical and social concepts of pain; testimonials of chronic-pain patients. Clinical data from pain patients' brains. Advances in noninvasive brain imaging for pain patients. Combining theoretical and empirical approaches to the analysis of pain-related brain function. Manipulation of brain function in animal models. Emerging neurotechnology principles for pain diagnostics and therapeutics.
- Circuits in the brain 2009, Springer
- Cleveland Clinic manual of headache therapy 2011, Springer
- Clinical anatomy of the spine, spinal cord, and ANS. 3rd ed. 2014, ScienceDirectSurface anatomy of the back and vertebral levels of clinically important structures / Barclay W. Bakkum -- General characteristics of the spine / Gregory D. Cramer -- General anatomy of the spinal cord / Susan A. Darby -- Muscles that influence the spine / Barclay W. Bakkum, Gregory D. Cramer -- The cervical region / Gregory D. Cramer -- The thoracic region / Gregory D. Cramer -- The lumbar region / Gregory D. Cramer -- The sacrum, sacroiliac joint, and coccyx / Gregory D. Cramer, Chae-Song Ro -- Neuroanatomy of the spinal cord / Susan A. Darby, Robert J. Frysztak -- Neuroanatomy of the autonomic nervous system / Susan A. Darby -- Pain of spinal origin / Gregory D. Cramer, Susan A. Darby, Robert J. Frysztak -- Development of the spine and spinal cord / Barclay W. Bakkum, William E. Bachop -- Unique anatomic features of the pediatric spine / Gregory D. Cramer -- Microscopic anatomy of the zygapophysial joints, intervertebral discs, and other major tissues of the back / Gregory D. Cramer, Barclay W. Bakkum.
- Clinical functional MRI 2007, Springer
- General aspects of epilepsies -- Epileptic seizures and their classification -- Status epilepticus -- Imitators of epileptic seizures -- Epileptic syndromes and their classification -- EEG and brain imaging -- Principles of therapy in the epilepsies -- Neonatal epileptic seizures and neonatal epileptic syndromes -- Idiopathic epileptic seizures and syndromes in infancy -- Epileptic encephalopathies in infancy and early childhood -- Severe neocortical epileptic syndromes in infancy and childhood -- Benign childhood focal seizures and related epileptic syndromes -- Idiopathic generalised epilepsies -- Familial (autosomal dominant) focal epilepsies -- Symptomatic and cryptogenic (probably symptomatic) focal epilepsies -- Reflex seizures and related epileptic syndromes -- Diseases frequently associated with epileptic seizures -- Pharmacopoeia.
- Clinical handbook of insomnia. 2nd ed. 2010, SpringerPart I. Overview -- Defining insomnia / H.P. Attarian and M.L. Perlis -- Epidemiology of insomnia / Ritu Grewal and Karl Doghramji -- Physiological basis of insomnia / Michael H. Bonnet and Donna L. Arand -- Differential diagnosis of insomnia / Michael Saletu and Bernd Saletu -- Insomnia in primary care practice with a special focus for the midlevel practitioner / Nancy I. Resi -- Part II. Insomnia in special populations -- Behavioral insomnias of childhood: assessment and treatment / Daniel S. Lewin and Edward Huntley -- Insomnia in teens / John Garcia -- Insomnia during pregnancy / Beth Ann Ward -- Menopausal insomnia / Tarja Saaresranta, Päivi Polo-Kantola, and Olli Polo -- Sleep and aging: insomnia in the geriatric population / Clifford Singer and Francine Nanda -- Part III. The primary insomnias -- Psychophysiological insomnia / Mary B. O'Malley and Edward B. O'Malley -- Idiopathic insomnia / Garrick Applebee -- Paradoxical insomnia / Hrayr Attarian -- Sleep hygiene / Hrayr Attarian -- Part IV. The secondary insomnias -- Insomnia caused by medical disorders / Kenneth Plotkin -- Insomnia in neurological diseases and disorders / Federica Provini, Carolina Lombardi, and Elio Lugaresi -- Insomnia in psychiatric disorders / Samy S. Karaz -- Circadian rhythms and insomnia / Leon C. Lack and Helen R. Wright -- Insomnia secondary to sleep-related breathing disorders / Brooke G. Judd -- Insomnia as a presenting symptom of sleep-related movement disorders, hypersomnias and parasomnias / Keith J. Nagle -- Insomnia and pain disorders / Catherine C. Schuman and Melissa M. Clark -- Part V. Treatments -- Cognitive-behavioral therapy for insomnia / M.L. Perlis, M.T. Smith, C. Jungquist, S. Nowakowski, H. Orff, and J. Soeffing -- Pharmacological treatment of insomnia / Paula K. Schweitzer, Denise Troy Curry, Rhody D. Eisenstein, and James K. Walsh -- Part VI. Appendix. Contents/directory.
- Clinical neuroanatomy 2013 (27th ed.)., AccessMedicine
- Clinical neuroanatomy 2011, Springer
- Clinical neuroanatomy 2008, Springer
- Clinical neuroembryology 2006, Springer1. Overview of the development of the human brain and spinal cord / Hans J. ten Donkelaar and Ton van der Vliet -- 2. Mechanisms of development / Hans J. ten Donkelaar -- 3. Causes of congenital malformations / Martin Lammens, Hans J. ten Donkelaar, John M.G. van Vugt, Gerard van Noort, Michèl Willemsen and Ben Hamel -- 4. Neurulation and neural tube defects / Hans J. ten Donkelaar, Reinier A. Mullaart, Akira Hori and Kohei Shiota -- 5. The Neural crest and craniofacial malformations / Hans J. ten Donkelaar and Christl Vermeij-Keers -- 6. Development and developmental disorders of the spinal cord / Hans J. ten Donkelaar and Akira Hori -- 7. Development and developmental disorders of the brain stem / Hans J. ten Donkelaar, Martin Lammens, Johannes R.M. Cruysberg and Cor W.J.R. Cremers -- 8. Development and developmental disorders of the human cerebellum / Hans J. ten Donkelaar, Martin Lammens, Pieter Wesseling and Akira Hori -- 9. Development and developmental disorders of the forebrain / Hans J. ten Donkelaar, Martin Lammens, Johannes R.M. Cruysberg, Akira Hori, Kohei Shiota and Berit Verbist -- 10. Development and developmental disorders of the cerebral cortex / Hans J. ten Donkelaar, Martin Lammens, Willy Renier, Ben Hamel, Akira Hori and Berit Verbist.
- Clinical neuroimmunology 2011, SpringerMS: Pathology and Immunology -- MS: Epidemiology and Genetics -- MS: Clinical Features, Symptom Management, and Diagnosis -- Advances in Magnetic Resonance Imaging of Multiple Sclerosis -- Disease Modifying Agents in the Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis -- Pediatric Multiple Sclerosis -- Is Multiple Sclerosis a Vascular Disease? -- Multiple Sclerosis: The Next 20 Years -- Introduction to Neuroimmunology -- Acute Disseminated Encephalomyelitis -- Neuromyelitis Optica Spectrum Disorders -- The Neuroimmunology of Cancer -- Infections of the Central Nervous System -- The Neuroimmunology of Cortical Disease (Dementia, Epilepsy, and Autoimmune Encephalopathies) -- Autoimmune Movement Disorders -- CNS Vasculitis -- Principles of Immunotherapy -- Immunologic Disorders of Neuromuscular Junction and Muscle -- Autoimmune Neuropathies -- Systemic Autoimmune Diseases with Neurological Manifestations.
- Clinical neurology (Appleton & Lange) 2012 (8th ed.), AccessMedicine
- Clinical Neurology. 7th. ed. Lane Catalog record
- Clinical neurophysiology primer 2007, Springer
- Clinical neurovirology 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Clinical pharmacology of sleep 2006, Springer
- From the Publisher: The new Sixth Edition of this award-winning classic prepares its users for delivering expert care in this most challenging nursing specialty. It addresses neuroanatomy, assessment, diagnostic evaluation, and management of the complete range of neurological disorders for which nurses provide patient care, including trauma, stroke, tumors, seizures, headache, aneurysms, infections, degenerative disorders, and peripheral neuropathies. This edition has been thoroughly revised to reflect standards of care based on evidence-based practice. It now includes case studies, community nursing sections throughout, and increased coverage of normal pressure hydrocephalus, inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy, and Creutzfeld-Jacob disease.
- Clinical recovery from CNS damage 2013, KargerMechanisms of functional recovery after stroke / Ko, S.-B.; Yoon, B.-W -- Diagnostic approach to functional recovery : functional magnetic resonance imaging in stroke / Havsteen, I. ... [et al.] -- Diagnostic approach to functional recovery : diffusion-weighted imaging and tractography / Raffin, E.; Dyrby, T -- Compensatory development of the contralateral pyramidal tract after experimental cerebral ischemia / Takatsuru, Y.; Nakamura, K.; Nabekura, J -- Compensatory contribution of the contralateral pyramidal tract after stroke / Otsuka, N. ... [et al.] -- Regeneration of neuronal cells following cerebral injury / Dailey, T. ... [et al.] -- Translational challenge for cell therapy following stroke / Kuroda, S.; Houkin, K. -- Experimental and clinical challenge for neuroregeneration following stroke / Kasahara, Y.; Ihara, M.; Taguchi, M. -- Therapeutic drug approach to stimulate clinical recovery after brain injury / Krieger, D.W. -- Rehabilitation and plasticity / Luft, A.R. -- A brain-computer interface to support functional recovery / Kjaer, T.W.; Sorensen, H.B. -- Novel methods to study aphasia recovery after stroke / Hartwigsen, G.; Siebner, H.R. -- Role of repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation in stroke rehabilitation / Pinter, M.M.; Brainin, M. -- Influence of therapeutic hypothermia on regeneration after cerebral ischemia / Yenari, M.A.; Han, H.S. -- Reasonable suppression of body weight with high-voltage electric potential therapy in humans: a translational study to increase brain-derived neurotrophic factor levels in the brain / Hiroji, Y. ... [et al.] -- Prevention of post-stroke disuse muscle atrophy with a free radical scavenger / Naritomi, H.
- Clinical trials in the neurosciences 2009., Karger
- Clinician's guide to antiepileptic drug use 2006, OvidCarbamazepine -- Felbamate -- Gabapentin -- Lamotrigine -- Levetiracetam -- Oxcarbazepine -- Phenobarbital, primidone -- Phenytoin -- Pregabalin -- Tiagabine -- Topiramate -- Valproic -- Zonisamide.
- Clinician's manual on treatment of pediatric migraine 2010, Springer
- CNS cancer 2009, SpringerCovers three areas of research in brain tumors: a) animal models for brain tumors, including spontaneous occurrence of brain tumors in mammals, transgenic models in rodents and transplant models; b) Prognostic factors and biomarkers; c) Therapeutic targets and targeting approaches to brain tumors.
- Coffee, tea, chocolate, and the brain 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Cognition and acquired language disorders 2012, ScienceDirectThis new graduate level textbook, Cognition and Acquired Language Disorders: An Information Processing Approach, addresses the cognitive aspects of language and communication. It assembles the most recent information on this topic, addressing normal cognitive processing for language in adults, the cognitive impairments underlying language disorders arising from a variety of neurologic conditions, and current assessment and treatment strategies for the management of these disorders. The text is organized using an information processing approach to acquired language disorders, and thus can be set apart from texts that rely upon a more traditional, syndrome-based approach (e.g., stroke, dementia, and traumatic brain injury). This approach facilitates the description and treatment of acquired language disorders across many neurologic groups when particular cognitive deficits are identified. Other useful features of the text include assessment and treatment protocols that are based on current evidence. These protocols provide students and clinicians a ready clinical resource for managing language disorders due to deficits in attention, memory, linguistic operations, and executive functions. Unique process-oriented approach organizes content by cognitive processes instead of by syndromes so you can apply the information and treatment approaches to any one of many neurologic groups with the same cognitive deficit. Cognitive domains are described as they relate to communication rather than separated as they are in many other publications where they are treated as independent behaviors. A separate section on normal processing includes five chapters providing a strong foundation for understanding the factors that contribute to disordered communication and its management. The evidence-based approach promotes best practices for the most effective management of patients with cognitive-communication disorders. Coverage of the cognitive aspects of communication helps you meet the standards for certification in speech-language pathology. A strong author team includes two lead authors who are well known and highly respected in the academic community, along with expert contributors, ensuring a comprehensive, advanced clinical text/reference.
- Cognitive electrophysiology of mind and brain 2003, ScienceDirect
- 1. History of Cognitive Rehabilitation -- 2. The Role of Assessment in Treatment Planning -- 3. Treatment Strategies -- 4. Cognitive Remediation with NeurXercise -- 5. Treatment Generalization and Ecological Validity -- 6. A NeurXercise Casebook -- 7. Conclusions -- Appendicies A-N.
- Cognitive systems 2006, ScienceDirectSelf-organization in the nervous system / David Willshaw -- Large-scale, small-scale systems / Jim Austin ... [et al.] -- Representation / Vincent Walsh and Simon Laughlin -- Sensory processing / Lionel Tarassenko and Mike Denham -- Speech and language / William D. Marslen-Wilson -- Action / Philip Barnard and Peter Redgrave -- Social cognition / Uta Frith and Sarah-Jayne Blakemore -- Motivation, planning and interaction / Nicholas R. Jennings and Anthony G. Cohn ... [et al.] -- Learning and memory / Richard Morris ... [et al.] -- Memory, reasoning and learning / Kieron O'Hara ... [et al.] -- Advanced neuroscience technologies / Bashir Ahmed ... [et al.] -- Applications and impact / Bill Sharpe.
- Coherent behavior in neuronal networks 2009, Springer
- Collaborative therapeutic neuropsychological assessment 2009, SpringerOne of the challenges the field of clinical neuropsychology faces is to develop an assessment process that is relevant and responsive to the needs of patients. This book describes developments in methods of neuropsychological assessment feedback that involve patients in an open exchange of information and results.
- Color atlas of human anatomy. Volume 3, Nervous system and sensory organs. 6th rev. ed. 2010, Thieme BookBasic elements of the nervous system -- Spinal cord and spinal nerves -- Brain stem and cranial nerves -- Cerebellum -- Diencephalon -- Telencephalon -- Cerebrovascular and ventricular sytstems -- Autonomic nervous system -- Functional systems -- The eye -- The ear.
- Color atlas of nerve biopsy pathology 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Color atlas of neurology 2004, Thieme Book
- Coma and disorders of consciousness 2012, SpringerBehavioral Assessment and Diagnosis of Disorders of Consciousness /Caroline Schnakers and Steve Majerus --Prognosis of Patients with Altered State of Consciousness /Marie-Aurélie Bruno, Didier Ledoux, Audrey Vanhaudenhuyse, Olivia Gosseries and Aurore Thibaut, et al. --Functional Imaging and Impaired Consciousness /Audrey Vanhaudenhuyse, Melanie Boly, Marie-Aurélie Bruno, Olivia Gosseries and Athena Demertzi, et al. --Multivariate Pattern Recognition Analysis: Brain Decoding /Jessica Schrouff and Christophe L. M. Phillips --Spectroscopy and Diffusion Tensor Imaging in Disorders of Consciousness /Jean-Flory Luaba Tshibanda, Athena Demertzi and Andrea Soddu --Electrophysiology and Disorders of Consciousness /Quentin Noirhomme and Rémy Lehembre --Brain-Computer Interface: A Communication Aid? /Camille Chatelle, Zulay Lugo, Quentin Noirhomme, Bettina Sorger and Dorothee Lulé.Using Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation to Measure Cerebral Connectivity in Patients with Disorders of Consciousness /Melanie Boly, Olivia Gosseries, Marie-Aurélie Bruno, Mario Rosanova and Marcello Massimini --Sleep in Disorders of Consciousness /Victor Cologan and Manuel Schabus --Sensory Stimulation Program /Haibo Di and Caroline Schnakers --Feasibility of Oral Feeding in Patients with Disorders of Consciousness /Audrey Maudoux, Ingrid Breuskin, Olivia Gosseries, Caroline Schnakers and Audrey Vanhaudenhuyse --Pharmacological Treatments /Olivia Gosseries, Marie Thonnard and Steven Laureys --Deep Brain Stimulation /Marie Thonnard --The Ethics of Managing Disorders of Consciousness /Athena Demertzi, Olivia Gosseries, Marie-Aurélie Bruno, Caroline Schnakers and Audrey Vanhaudenhuyse, et al. --Future Perspectives of Clinical Coma Science /Steven Laureys and Caroline Schnakers.
- Coma science 2009, ScienceDirect
- Common sense guide to dementia for clinicians and caregivers 2013, Springer
- Computational maps in the visual cortex 2005, Springer
- Computational models of the auditory system 2010, SpringerThis volume, 'Computational Models of the Auditory System', will have as its unifying theme a systems approach where the focus will be on studies whose intent is to contribute to the big picture of hearing.
- Computational neuroscience 2007, ScienceDirect
- Computational neuroscience of drug addiction 2012, SpringerPt. 1. Pharmacological-based models of addiction -- pt. 2. Neurocomputational models of addiction -- pt. 3. Economic-based models of addiction.
- Concussive brain trauma. Second edition [2nd ed.] 2012, CRCnetBASE"Continuing the tradition of the bestselling first edition, this second edition provides comprehensive coverage of neurobehavioral disorders in children and adults following impact and acceleration accidents. Completely revised and updated, the book includes comprehensive coverage of consciousness including normal, acute, and persistent alterations. Drawing on his training, education, and experience in human physiology, neuroanatomy, and endocrinology, the author not only gives readers a solid foundation for understanding, diagnosing, and treating concussive brain trauma, but also gives them tools to increase standards of care"--Provided by publisher.
- Consciousness 2005, Springer
- Coordinated activity in the brain 2009, SpringerCorrelations of cellular activities in the nervous system : Physiological and methodological considerations -- Synchronization between sources : Emerging methods for understanding large-scale functional networks in the human brain -- Approaches to the detection of direct directed interactions in neuronal networks -- The phase oscillator approximation in neuroscience : An analytical framework to study coherent activity in neural networks -- From synchronisation to networks : Assessment of functional connectivity in the brain -- The size of neuronal assemblies, their frequency of synchronization, and their cognitive function -- Synchrony in neural networks underlying seizure generation in human partial epilepsies -- Detection of phase synchronization in multivariate single brain signals by a clustering approach -- Denoising and averaging techniques for electrophysiological data -- Dissection of synchronous population discharges in vitro -- Time-frequency methods and brain rhythm signal processing -- Complex network modeling : A new approach to neurosciences.
- Cortical areas 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Cortical deficits in schizophrenia 2008, SpringerSchizophrenia genes: searching for common features, functions, and mechanisms -- Towards a molecular classification of illness: effects of schizophrenia susceptibility loci on clinical symptoms and cognitive function -- Homer: a genetic factor in schizophrenia? -- Neuroregulin-erbB signaling and the pathogenesis of schizophrenia -- Nicotinic cholinergic cortical dysfunction in schizophrenia -- Role for glutamate receptors, transporters, and interacting proteins in cortical dysfunction in schizophrenia -- Cortical circuit dysfunction in the NMDA receptor hypofunction model for the psychosis of schizophrenia -- Alterations in hippocampal function in schizophrenia: its genetic associations and systems implications -- Identifying novel target genes in psychotic disorder network association analyses -- Alterations in cortical GABA neurotransmission in schizophrenia: causes and consequences -- Increased cortical excitability as a critical element in schizophrenia pathophysiology.
- Cortical function 2005, ScienceDirect
- Cortico-subcortical dynamics in Parkinson's disease 2009, Springer
- Corticofugal modulation of sensory information 2007, Springer
- Creating coordination in the cerebellum 2005, ScienceDirectDevelopment of the cerebellum -- Structural cerebellar plasticity -- Cell physiological cerebellar plasticity -- Imaging of cerebellar activity -- Oscillations and synchrony in cerebellar cortex and inferior olive -- Cerebellar motor control -- Cerebellar neuro-anatomical organization -- Excitability in cerebellar cortex -- Cerebellar pathology -- Epilogue.
- Cultural neuroscience 2009, ScienceDirect
- Culture and neural frames of cognition and communication 2011, Springer
- Current protocols in neuroscience 1997-, Wileych. 1. Neuroanatomical Methods -- ch. 2. Imaging -- ch. 3. Cellular and Developmental Neuroscience -- ch. 4. Gene Cloning, Expression, and Mutagenesis -- ch. 5. Molecular Neuroscience -- ch. 6. Neurophysiology -- ch. 7. Neurochemistry/Neuropharmacology -- ch. 8. Behavioral Neuroscience -- ch. 9. Preclinical Models of Neurologic and Psychiatric Disorders -- ch. 10. Human Neuroscience -- Appendix 1. Molecular Biology Techniques -- Appendix 2. Stock Solutions, Equipment, and Laboratory Guidelines -- Appendix 3. Commonly Used Techniques -- Appendix 4. Animal Techniques -- Appendix 5. Databases -- Suppliers.
- Current topics in behavioral neurosciences v. 1-, 2009-, Springer
- Cutaneous neural neoplasms 2011, Springer
- Cyclin dependent kinase 5 (Cdk5) 2008, Springer
- Cytokines and the brain 2008, ScienceDirect
- Decision making 2013, ScienceDirectThis well-established international series examines major areas of basic and clinical research within neuroscience, as well as emerging and promising subfields.This volume explores interdisciplinary research on decision making taking a neural and behavioural approach *Leading authors review the state-of-the-art in their field of investigation, and provide their views and perspectives for future research *Chapters are extensively referenced to provide readers with a comprehensive list of resources on the topics covered *All chapters include comprehensive background information and are written in a clear form that is also accessible to the non-specialist.
- Deep brain stimulation 2012, SpringerBasic Principles of Deep Brain Stimulation /F. L. H. Gielen and G. C. Molnar --Neural Circuits Affected by Deep Brain Stimulation for the Treatment of Psychiatric Disorders /Suzanne N. Haber and Benjamin D. Greenberg --Mechanisms of Action of Deep Brain Stimulation for the Treatment of Psychiatric Disorders /J. Luis Lujan and Cameron C. McIntyre --Deep Brain Stimulation in the Ventral Capsule/Ventral Striatum for the Treatment of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder: Role of the Bed Nucleus of the Stria Terminalis /Loes Gabriëls and Bart Nuttin --Deep Brain Stimulation in Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder Targeted at the Nucleus Accumbens /Pelle P. de Koning, Pepijn van den Munckhof, Martijn Figee, Rick Schuurman and Damiaan Denys --What is the Role of the Subthalamic Nucleus in Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder? Elements and Insights from Deep Brain Stimulation Studies /William I. A. Haynes and Luc Mallet --Obsessive-Compulsive Disorders in Animals /Christine Winter --Subcallosal Cingulate Cortex Deep Brain Stimulation for the Treatment of Refractory Mood Disorders: Evidence and Challenges /Peter Giacobbe, Nir Lipsman and Andres M. Lozano --Deep Brain Stimulation of the Human Reward System as a Putative Treatment for Refractory Major Depression /T. E. Schlaepfer, V. A. Coenen and B. H. Bewernick --Depression in Humans: The Ventral Capsule/Ventral Striatum /Mayur Pandya, Andre Machado and Donald Malone --Deep Brain Stimulation in Animal Models of Depression /Brian W. Scott, José N. Nobrega and Clement Hamani --Deep Brain Stimulation in Tourette Syndrome /L. Ackermans, I. Neuner, J. Kuhn and V. Visser-Vandewalle --Surgical Treatments for Drug Addictions in Humans /Bomin Sun and Wei Liu --Manipulating Addictive Behaviour in Animal Models /Rolinka M. C. Schippers, Tommy Pattij and Taco J. De Vries --Neuropsychiatric Side Effects of Deep Brain Stimulation in Parkinson's Disease /Christine Daniels and Jens Volkmann --Psychiatric Aspects of Parkinson's Disease in Animal Models of Deep Brain Stimulation of the Subthalamic Nucleus /S. K. H. Tan, H. Hartung, V. Visser-Vandewalle, T. Sharp and Y. Temel --Scientific Recordings in Deep Brain Stimulation /Michael X. Cohen --Neurotransmitter Release During Deep Brain Stimulation /Osama A. Abulseoud, Emily J. Knight and Kendall H. Lee --The Potential Role of Nonneuronal Cells in the Deep Brain Stimulation Mechanism: What Are Glia? What Are Their Functions? Could They Be Players in Deep Brain Stimulation? /Vinata Vedam-Mai, Michael S. Okun and Elly M. Hol --Animal Studies in Deep Brain Stimulation Research /Matthijs G. P. Feenstra and Damiaan Denys --Neuroimaging Deep Brain Stimulation in Psychiatric Disorders /Martijn Figee, Pepijn van den Munckhof, Rick Schuurman and Damiaan Denys --Optogenetic Strategies for the Treatment of Neuropsychiatric Disorders: Circuit-Function Analysis and Clinical Implications /Daniel L. Albaugh and Garret D. Stuber --Next-Generation Electrodes for Steering Brain Stimulation /H. C. F. Martens, M. M. J. Decré and E. Toader --Future Applications: Nanotechniques /Russell J. Andrews, Jessica E. Koehne and Meyya Meyyappan --Ethical Guidance for the Use of Deep Brain Stimulation in Psychiatric Trials and Emerging Uses: Review and Reflections /Emily Bell and Eric Racine --History of "Psychiatric" Deep Brain Stimulation: A Critical Appraisal /Marwan I. Hariz.
- DeJong's The neurologic examination. 7th ed. 2013, OvidIntroduction -- Overview of the nervous system -- The neurologic history -- The general physical examination -- General outline of the neurologic examination -- Gross and microscopic anatomy of the cerebral hemispheres -- Functions of the central cortex and regional cerebral diagnosis -- The mental status examination -- Disorders of speech and language -- Agnosia, apraxia, and related disorders of higher cortical function -- An overview of brainstem and cranial nerve anatomy -- The olfactory nerve -- The optic nerve -- The ocular motor nerves -- The trigeminal nerve -- The facial nerve -- The acoustic (vestibulocochlear) nerve -- The glossopharyngeal and vagus nerves -- The spinal accessory nerve -- The hypoglossal nerve -- Brainstem and multiple cranial nerve syndromes -- Overview of the motor system -- The motor unit level -- The spinal cord level -- The corticospinal (pyramidal) level -- The extrapyramidal level -- Motor strength and power -- Muscle tone -- Muscle volume and contour -- Abnormalities of movement -- Overview of the sensory system -- The exteroceptive sensations -- The proprioceptive sensations -- The interoceptive, or visceral, sensations -- Cerebral sensory functions -- Sensory localization -- Introduction to the reflexes -- The deep tendon or muscle stretch reflexes -- The superficial (cutaneous) reflexes -- Pathologic reflexes -- Postural and righting reflexes -- Associated movements -- Cerebellar function -- Gait and station -- The autonomic nervous system -- Peripheral neuroanatomy and focal neuropathies -- Neck and back pain -- Other musculoskeletal disorders -- The blood supply of the brain -- The ventricular system and the cerebrospinal fluid -- The examination in coma -- Miscellaneous neurologic signs -- Diagnostic reasoning and neurologic differential diagnosis.
- Dementia in clinical practice 2009., KargerClinical investigations in primary care / de Souza, L.C. ... [et al.] -- The concept of mild cognitive impairment : relevance and limits in clinical practice / Michon, A. -- Pathological substrates of cognitive decline in Alzheimer's disease / Giannakopoulos, P. ... [et al.] -- Functional imaging in mild cognitive impairment and early Alzheimer's disease : is it pertinent? / Ibáñez, V.; Deiber, M.-P. -- Electrophysiological markers of rapid cognitive decline in mild cognitive impairment / Giannakopoulos, P. ... [et al.] -- The future : new methods of imaging exploration in Alzheimer's disease / Nordberg, A. -- Pharmacological interventions in primary care : hopes and illusions / Assal, F.; van der Meulen, M. -- Investigations in primary care / Poggesi, A.; Pantoni, L. -- The concept of vascular cognitive impairment / Erkinjuntti, T.; Gauthier, S. --Defining the neuropathological background of vascular and mixed dementia and comparison with magnetic resonance imaging findings / Gold, G. -- Is it possible to treat vascular dementia? / Zekry, D. -- Dementia with Lewy bodies : clinical diagnosis and therapeutic approach / Gold, G. -- Significance of brain lesions in Parkinson disease dementia and Lewy body dementia / Jellinger, K.A. -- Delineating dementia with Lewy bodies : can magnetic resonance imaging help? / von Gunten, A.; Meuli, R. -- Pharmacotherapy of Parkinson disease dementia and Lewy body dementia / Gauthier, S. -- Clinical features and diagnosis of frontotemporal dementia / Kertesz, A. -- Neuropathological spectrum of frontal lobe dementias / Kövari, E. -- Frontotemporal dementia neuroimaging : a guide for clinicians / Seeley, W.W. -- Frontotemporal dementia : therapeutic interventions / Mendez, M.F.
- Dementia in clinical practice 2012, Springer
- 20 years of computational neuroscienc...
- — Dementia in clinical practice ..........
- Dementias ..............................
- — Intracerebral hemorrhage research ......
- Intracranial pressure and brain monit...
- — New frontiers in respiratory control ...
- New methods for culturing cells from ...
- — Zebrafish neurobehavioral protocols ....
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases