Books by Subject
- 20 years of computational neuroscienc...
- — Decision making ........................
- Deep brain stimulation .................
- — Integrated cytology of cerebrospinal ...
- Integrative pain medicine ..............
- — Neurotransmitter interactions and cog...
- Neurotrauma ............................
- — Zebrafish neurobehavioral protocols ....
- Neurotrauma 2007, ScienceDirect
- New animal models of human neurological diseases 2008, KargerTheoretical considerations on animal models / Poindron, P., Callizot, N., Piguet, P. -- Mouse models with motor neuron defects as a tool for deciphering amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Applications, limits, and future challenges / Echaniz-Laguna, A. ... [et al.] -- A chronic relapsing animal model for multiple sclerosis. Myelin oligodendrocyte glycoprotein induced experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis in dark agouti rats / Kinter, J., Zeis, T., Schaeren-Wiemers, N. -- Occlusion of the middle cerebral artery in rats. Refinement of an animal model for human stroke / Cam, E. ... [et al.] -- Pyridoxine-induced peripheral neuropathy. Animal models and uses / Callizot, N., Poindron, P. -- A dopamine-sensitive inherited motor syndrome linked to the frissonnant mutation / Callizot, N., Guenet, J.-L., Poindron, P.
- New concepts in cerebral ischemia 2002, CRCnetBASE
- New frontiers in respiratory control 2010, Springer
- New methods for culturing cells from nervous tissues 2005, KargerHippocampal slice cultures / Förster, E., Bartos, M., Zhao, S. -- Protocol for the primary culture of cortical neurons / Gonthier, B. ... [et al.] -- A new technique to control the architecture of neuronal networks in vitro / Wyart, C. ... [et al.] -- Organotypic cultures of the rat retina / Hofmann, H.-D. ... [et al.] -- Cerebellar slice cultures / Kapfhammer, J.P. -- Culture of dissociated hippocampal neurons / Rigato, F. -- Improved methods for culturing rat and mouse motor neurons. Their applications / Guettier-Sigrist, S. ... [et al.] -- Characterization of long-term cultured cell lines of murine microglia called MAMI. The case for MAMI-96 cell line / Laporte, V. ... [et al.].
- New strategies in stroke intervention 2009, Springer
- NGF and related molecules in health and disease 2004, ScienceDirectI. Growth factors and cell signaling -- II. Growth factors, progenitor cells and cell survival -- III. Neurotrophins and CNS -- IV. Neurotrophins, PNS and peripheral tissues -- V. Neurotrophins and the immune system -- VI. Neurotrophins and neuro-inflammatory responses -- Neurotrophic factors and potential therapeutic applications -- VIII. Overview and conclusion.
- Nicotinic receptors in the nervous system 2002, CRCnetBASE
- "This edition has several new features, reflective of the changes that have occurred in our field over the last 5 years since the fifth edition. More and more, the field of digital recording has expanded; however, in order to understand some of the shortcomings and pitfalls of digital EEG, people need to still address the issues of basic analog recording principles. With an increased use of digital recording, laboratories have collected new and different "technical artifacts." We present here an attempt to start a database for such artifacts in a hopes that future editions will continue to expand upon this and offer a fairly complete library for beginning individuals interested in our field. As noted in the fifth edition, epilepsy monitoring units (EMU's) have continued to mushroom. Similar growth has occurred in the use of EEG monitoring in newborn, cardiac, trauma, and post-operative intensive care units. With the significant advances in wireless communication and easy access to the Internet, such recordings can also be viewed and transmitted locally virtually instantaneously and can allow for well-trained clinical neurophysiologists to see and opine about patients' conditions on a very time-relevant basis. Hopefully, as future generations may show, this ability will significantly influence our patients' outcomes. Similarly, the field of intraoperative clinical neurophysiology for spinal cord function, cranial nerve function, and cranial vascular therapies has continued to evolve along with the wireless and iInternet communications. This has allowed for close monitoring of neurologic function during critical periods of operations, again with a time course that allows for corrective actions to be taken on a meaningful time frame"--Provided by publisher.
- Non-fibrillar amyloidogenic protein assemblies 2012, Springer
- Noninvasive cerebrovascular diagnosis 2010, SpringerOverview of cerebrovascular disease -- Overview of various noninvasive cerebrovascular techniques -- Duplex scanning of the carotid arteries -- The role of color duplex scanning in diagnosing diseases of the aortic arch branches and carotid arteries -- Vertebral artery ultrasonography -- Transcranial Doppler sonography -- Ultrasonic characterization of carotid plaques -- Carotid plaque echolucency measured by grayscale median identifies patients at increased risk of stroke during carotid stenting: the imaging in carotid antioplasty and risk of stroke study -- Duplex ultrasound in the diagnosis of temporal arteritis -- Duplex ultrasound velocity criteria for carotid stenting patients -- Use of transcranial Doppler in monitoring patients during carotid artery stenting -- Use of an angle-independent Doppler system for intraoperative carotid endarterectomy surveillance -- Clinical implications of the vascular laboratory in the diagnosis of cerebrovascular insufficiency.
- Novel trends in brain science 2008, Springer
- Nutritional neuroscience 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Object recognition, attention, and action 2007, SpringerObject recognition.Occlusion awaits disclosure /Gijs Plomp, Cees van Leeuwen --Functional MRI evidence for neural plasticity at early stages of visual processing in humans /Sophie Schwartz --Pattern recognition in direct and indirect view /Hans Strasburger, Ingo Rentschler --Part based strategies for visual categorisation and object recognition /Martin Juttner --Recent psychophysical and neural research in shape recognition /Irving Biederman --Object recognition in humans and machines /ChristianWallraven, Heinrich H. Bulthoff --Prior knowledge and learning in 3D object recognition /Markus Gschwind, Hans Brettel, Ingo Rentschler --Neural representation of faces in human visual cortex : the roles of attention, emotion, and viewpoint /Patrik Vuilleumier --Attention.Object recognition : attention and dual routes /Volker Thoma, Jules Davidoff --Interactions between shape perception and egocentric localization /Hiroyuki Sogo, Naoyuki Osaka --Feature binding in visual working memory /Jun Saiki --Biased competition and cooperation : a mechanism of mammalian visual recognition? /Gustavo Deco, Martin Stetter, Miruna Szabo --Action.Influence of visual motion on object localisation in perception and action /Hiroshi Ashida --Neural substrates of action imitation studied by fMRI /Shigeki Tanaka --Two types of anticipatory timing mechanisms in synchronization tapping /Yoshihiro Miyake, Yohei Onishi, Ernst Poppel.
- Omega-3 fatty acids, the brain and retina 2009, KargerOmega-6/omega-3 essential fatty acids : biological effects / Simopoulos, A.P. -- Depression, suicide, and deficiencies of omega-3 essential fatty acids in modern diets / Hibbeln, J.R. -- Serial structural magnetic resonance imaging analysis and proton and 31-phosphorus magnetic resonance spectroscopy to the investigation of cerebral fatty acids in major depressive disorder, Huntington's disease (chorea), and myalgic encephalomyelitis (chronic fatigue syndrome), and in forensic schizophrenic patients / Puri, B.K.; Tsaluchidu, S.; Treasaden, I.H. -- Omega-3 fatty acid docosahexaenoic acid is the precursor of neuroprotectin D1 in the nervous system / Niemoller, T.D.; Stark, D.T.; Bazan, N.G. -- Docosahexaenoic acid and amyloid-[beta] peptide signaling in Alzheimer's disease / Lukiw, W.J. -- Administration of docosahexaenoic acid, uridine, and choline increases levels of synaptic membranes and dendritic spines in rodent brain / Wurtman, R.J. ... [et al.] -- An assessment of dietary docosahexaenoic acid requirements for brain accretion and turnover during early childhood / Hadley, K.B. ... [et al.] -- Variation in lipid-associated genes as they relate to risk of advanced age-related macular degeneration / SanGiovanni, J.P., Mehta, S., Mehta, S.
- Oncology of CNS tumors. 2nd ed. 2010, Springer
- Operative neuromodulation v. 1-2, 2007., Springerv. 2, 2007 Springerv. 1. Functional neuroprosthetic surgery -- v. 2. Neural networks surgery.
- Opiate receptors. 2nd ed. 2011, Springer
- Opioid research 2003, Springer Protocols
- Optogenetics. Tools for controlling and monitoring neuronal activity. 1st ed. 2012, ScienceDirectOptogenetics is a fast-growing field concerning the invention, and use, of molecules that are genetically expressed in cells, and then either report on cellular physiology in optical form, or enable control of specific pathways in cells when actuated by light. This book reviews the current state, as well as the underlying principles and future directions, of a diversity of optogenetic tools of importance for observing and controlling cellular signaling and physiology. These tools are already revolutionizing neuroscience, and are starting to have impact on fields ranging from metabolism to
- Orexin/hypocretin system 2006, Springer
- Orexin/hypocretin system. 1st ed. 2012, ScienceDirect
- Origin and evolution of the vertebrate telencephalon, with special reference to the mammalian neocortex 2007, Springer
- Origins of phobias and anxiety disorders 2003, ScienceDirectFeatures of fear and anxiety -- Functions of fear versus anxiety -- Disposition to fear and anxiety : negative affectivity -- Threat-based style of reacting to negative affect : influences upon emotion regulation -- Anxious processes -- Specificity in Salience and threat value -- Anxiety disorders -- Why more women than men?
- Orthospinology procedures 2007, Ovid
- Otolith function and disorders 2001, Karger
- Oxidative neural injury 2009, Springer
- Oxidative stress and age-related neurodegeneration 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Oxidative stress and free radical damage in neurology 2011, Springer
- Oxidative stress and neuroprotection 2006, Springer
- Palliative neurology 2006, ebrarySection I. Palliative management -- Introduction to palliation -- Characteristics of palliation -- Nodal points in decision-making -- Common deficiencies in palliative management -- Common themes in palliation practice -- Section II. Major discomforts in advanced neurological illness -- Fatigue -- Problems with muscles and movement -- Bulbar symptoms -- Respiratory symptoms -- Gastrointestinal symptoms -- Urological symptoms -- Pain -- Cognitive, behavioural and psychological symptoms -- Miscellaneous symptoms -- Section III. Major neurological conditions requiring palliation -- Cerebrovascular diseases : stroke -- Demyelinating diseases -- Parkinson's disease and related disorders -- Dementia -- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (motor neurone disease) -- Incurable infections of the nervous system -- Muscular dystrophy -- Neuropathies -- Huntington's disease -- Cerebral neoplasms -- Sequelae of traumatic brain injury -- Section IV. Ethical Issues -- Consent and decision-making -- Advance directives -- Proxy decision-making -- Ethical issues in states of disordered consciousness -- Terminal sedation -- Euthanasia -- Section V. Appendices.
- Parkinson's disease 2002, NCBI Bookshelf
- Parkinson's disease 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Parkinson's disease 2001, Springer Protocols
- Parkinson's disease and related disorders 2006, Springer
- Parkinson's disease and related disorders. Part I 2007, ScienceDirect
- Parkinson's disease and related disorders. Part II 2007, ScienceDirect
- Patch-clamp analysis. 2nd ed. 2007, Springer Protocols
- Pediatric and adolescent concussion 2012, Springer
- Pediatric brain and spine 2005, Springer
- Pediatric neuroimaging. Fifth Edition. 2012, OvidTechniques and methods in pediatric neuroimaging / Christopher P. Hess and A. James Barkovich -- Normal development of the neonatal and infant brain, skull and, spine / A. James Barkovich and Pratik Mukherjee -- Metabolic, toxic, and inflammatory brain disorders / A. James Barkovich and Zoltan Patay -- Brain and spine injuries in infancy and childhood / Erin Simon Schwartz and Jim Barkovich -- Congenital malformations of the brain and skull / A. James Barkovich and Charles A. Raybaud -- The phakomatoses / Gilbert Vezina and A. James Barkovich -- Intracranial, orbital, and neck masses of childhood / Charles Raybaud and A. James Barkovich -- Hydrocephalus / A. Raybaud and A. James Barkovich -- Congenital anomalies of the spine / Erin Simon Schwartz and A. James Barkovich -- Neoplasms of the spine / A. James Barkovich -- Infections of the developing and mature nervous system / Gary Hedlund and A. James Barkovich -- Anomalies of cerebral vasculature: diagnostic and endovascular considerations / Philip M. Meyers, Van V. Halbach, and A. James Barkovich.
- Pediatric neurology 2007, OvidSuggestions for history and physical examination -- Headache -- School problems and attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder -- Abnormal movements -- Behavioral and sleep problems -- Seizures, epilepsy, and related disorders -- Dizziness, fainting, and loss of balance -- Delay or regression of motor development associated with low muscle tone -- Autism and language disorders -- Cerebral palsy (static encephalopathy) and related problems -- Abnormalities of cranial size and shape, hydrocephalus, and spinal dysraphism -- Common neurological complications of trauma -- Stroke, acute paraparesis, and other serious disorders of acute and subacute onset -- Other important neurological syndromes.
- Pediatric neurology 2007, Ovid
- Pediatric neurology. Part I-III 2013, ScienceDirectpt. II ScienceDirectPt. III ScienceDirectThe child is neither an adult miniature nor an immature human being: at each age, it expresses specific abilities that optimize adaptation to its environment and development of new acquisitions. Diseases in children cover all specialties encountered in adulthood, and neurology involves a particularly large area, ranging from the brain to the striated muscle, the generation and functioning of which require half the genes of the whole genome and a majority of mitochondrial ones. Human being nervous system is sensitive to prenatal aggression, is particularly immature at birth and development may be affected by a whole range of age-dependent disorders distinct from those that occur in adults. Even diseases more often encountered in adulthood than childhood may have specific expression in the developing nervous system. The course of chronic neurological diseases beginning before adolescence remains distinct from that of adult pathology - not only from the cognitive but also motor perspective, right into adulthood, and a whole area is developing for adult neurologists to care for these children with persisting neurological diseases when they become adults. Just as pediatric neurology evolved as an identified specialty as the volume and complexity of data became too much for the general pediatician or the adult neurologist to master, the discipline has now continued to evolve into so many subspecialties, such as epilepsy, neuromuscular disease, stroke, malformations, neonatal neurology, metabolic diseases, etc., that the general pediatric neurologist no longer can reasonably possess in-depth expertise in all areas, particularly in dealing with complex cases. Subspecialty expertise thus is provided to some trainees through fellowship programmes following a general pediatric neurology residency and many of these fellowships include training in research. Since the infectious context, the genetic background and medical practice vary throughout the world, this diversity needs to be represented in a pediatric neurology textbook. Taken together, and although brain malformations (H. Sarnat & P. Curatolo, 2007) and oncology (W. Grisold & R. Soffietti) are covered in detail in other volumes of the same series and therefore only briefly addressed here, these considerations justify the number of volumes, and the number of authors who contributed from all over the world. Experts in the different subspecialties also contributed to design the general framework and contents of the book. Special emphasis is given to the developmental aspect, and normal development is reminded whenever needed - brain, muscle and the immune system. The course of chronic diseases into adulthood and ethical issues specific to the developing nervous system are also addressed. *A volume in the Handbook of Clinical Neurology series, which has an unparalleled reputation as the world's most comprehensive source of information in neurology. *International list of contributors including the leading workers in the field. *Describes the advances which have occurred in clinical neurology and the neurosciences, their impact on the understanding of neurological disorders and on patient care.
- Pediatric neuropathology 2007, Springer
- Pediatric neuropsychology case studies 2008, Springer
- Pediatric neuroradiology 2005, Springerv. 1. Brain -- v. 2. Head and neck, spine.
- Pediatric spine. 2nd ed. 2001, Ovid
- Peripheral and cerebrovascular intervention 2012, Springer
- Peripheral nerve disorders 2013, ScienceDirect
- Peripheral nerve stimulation. [3rd ed.]. 2011, KargerHistory of peripheral nerve stimulation / Slavin, K.V. -- Central Mechanisms of Peripheral nerve stimulation in headache disorders / Bartsch, T., Goadsby, P.J. -- Peripheral nerve stimulation for chronic neurogenic Pain / Al-Jehani, H., Jacques, L. -- Percutaneous peripheral nerve stimulation / Al, K.M., Abramova, M.V., Richter, E.O. -- Peripheral nerve stimulation for the treatment of truncal pain / Cairns, K.D., McRoberts W.P., Deer, T. -- Peripheral subcutaneous stimulation for intractable abdominal pain / Barolat, G. -- Subcutaneous occipital region stimulation for intractable headache syndromes / Weiner, R.L. -- Peripheral nerve stimulation for occipital neuralgia: surgical leads / Kapural, L., Sable, J. -- Occipital nerve stimulation: technical and surgical aspects of implantation / Trentman, T.L., Zimmerman, R.S., Dodick, D.W. -- Peripheral neuromodulation for migraine headache / Ellens, D.J., Levy, R.M. -- Occipital neuromodulation for refractory headache in the chiari malformation population / Vadivelu, S., Bolognese, P., Milhorat, T.H., Mogilner, A.Y. -- Peripheral nerve stimulation in chronic custer headache / Magis, D., Schoenen, J. -- Peripheral nerve stimulation for fibromyalgia / Plazier, M. ... [et al.] -- Hybrid neurostimulator : simultaneous use of spinal cord and peripheral nerve field stimulation to treat low back and leg pain / Lipov, E.G. -- Stimulation of the peripheral nervous system for the painful extremity / McRoberts, W.P., Cairns, K.D., Deer, T. -- Sphenopalatine ganglion interventions: technical aspects and application / Oluigbo, C.O. ... [et al.] -- Spinal nerve root stimulation / Kellner, C.P., Kellner, M.A., Winfree, C.J. -- Technical aspects of peripheral nerve stimulation: hardware and complications / Slavin, K.V. -- Peripheral nerve stimulation: definition / Abejcentn, D., Perez-Cajaraville, J. -- The future of peripheral nerve stimulation / Stanton-Hicks, M. ... [et al.].
- Perspectives in affective disorders 2002, Karger
- Phase resetting in medicine and biology 2007, Springer
- Phase response curves in neuroscience 2012, Springer
- Phosphoinositides I 2012, SpringerThe Phosphatidylinositol 4-Kinases: Don't Call it a Comeback /Shane Minogue and Mark G. Waugh --PIP Kinases from the Cell Membrane to the Nucleus /Mark Schramp, Andrew Hedman, Weimin Li, Xiaojun Tan and Richard Anderson --The Phospholipase C Isozymes and Their Regulation /Aurelie Gresset, John Sondek and T. Kendall Harden --Phosphoinositide 3-Kinases-A Historical Perspective /Alex Toker --PI3Ks-Drug Targets in Inflammation and Cancer /Matthias Wymann --Phosphoinositide 3-Kinases in Health and Disease /Alessandra Ghigo, Fulvio Morello, Alessia Perino and Emilio Hirsch --Phosphoinositide Phosphatases: Just as Important as the Kinases /Jennifer M. Dyson, Clare G. Fedele, Elizabeth M. Davies, Jelena Becanovic and Christina A. Mitchell --The PTEN and Myotubularin Phosphoinositide 3-Phosphatases: Linking Lipid Signalling to Human Disease /Nicholas R. Leslie, Elizabeth M. Davies, David A. Sheffield, Priyanka Tibarewal and Clare G. Fedele, et al.
- Phosphoinositides II 2012, Springer
- Physical therapy of cerebral palsy 2007, Springer
- Physiology and pathology of chloride transporters and channels in the nervous system. 1st ed. 2009, ScienceDirectPart I. Overview of Chloride Transporters and Channels -- Part II. Current Methods for Studying Chloride Regulation -- Part III. From Cloning to Structure, Function and Regulation of Chloride Transporters and Channels -- Part IV. Cation-Chloride Cotransporters in Neural Function and Dysfunction -- Part V. Cation-Chloride Cotransport in Choroid Plexus and Blood-Brain Barrier.
- Plasticity in the adult brain 2002, ScienceDirect
- Plasticity in the human nervous system 2003, ebrary
- Pocket guide to musculoskeletal diagnosis 2006, SpringerNeck pain and shooting arm pain -- Shoulder pain -- Elbow pain -- Wrist and hand pain -- Low back pain, hip pain, and shooting leg pain -- Knee pain -- Ankle pain -- Foot pain.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder 2009, SpringerPost-traumatic stress disorder: definition, prevalence, and risk factors / Terence M. Keane, Brian P. Marx, and Denise M. Sloan -- The amygdala and the neural pathways of fear / Jacek Dębiec and Joseph LeDoux -- Physiology of the amygdala: implications for PTSD / Donald G. Rainnie and Kerry J. Ressler -- Counteracting molecular pathways regulating the reduction of fear: implications for the treatment of anxiety diseases / Andre Fischer and Li-Huei Tsai -- Memory in PTSD: a neurocognitive approach / Mieke Verfaellie and Jennifer J. Vasterling -- Toward animal models of post-traumatic stress disorder / Hagit Cohen and Gal Richter-Levin -- PTSD: from neurons to networks / Rajnish P. Rao ... [et al.] -- Arousal neurons in the brain / Priyattam J. Shiromani and Carlos Blanco-Centurion -- Hyperarousal and post-traumatic stress disorder: a role for the hypocretin system / Matt Carter and Luis de Lecea -- The locus coeruleus-noradrenergic system and stress: implications for post-traumatic stress disorder / Craig W. Berridge -- Effect of stress on sleep and its relationship to post-traumatic stress disorder / L.D. Sanford and X. Tang -- Stress hormones and PTSD / Rachel Yehuda -- Low basal cortisol and startle responding as possible biomarkers of PTSD: the influence of internalizing and externalizing comorbidity / Mark W. Miller, Erika J. Wolf, Laura Fabricant, and Nathan Stein -- Functional neuroimaging in post-traumatic stress disorder / Israel Liberzon and Sarah N. Garfinkel -- The amygdala in post-traumatic stress disorder / Lisa M. Shin -- Pharmacologic treatment of PTSD / Murray A. Raskind -- Guided imagery as a therapeutic tool in post-traumatic stress disorder / Jennifer L. Strauss, Patrick S. Calhoun, and Christine E. Marx -- Virtual reality exposure therapy for combat-related PTSD / Albert Rizzo ... [et al.].
- Practical assessment and treatment of the patient with headaches in the emergency department and urgent care clinic 2011, Springer
- Practicing neurology. 2nd ed. 2008, Springer
- Practitioner's guide to prescribing antiepileptics and mood stabilizers for adults with intellectual disabilities 2012, Springer
- Prefrontal cortex. 4th ed. 2008, ScienceDirectChapter 1. Introduction -- Chapter 2. Anatomy of the Prefrontal Cortex -- Chapter 3. Chemical Neurotransmission -- Chapter 4. Animal Neuropsychology -- Chapter 5. Human Neuropsychology -- Chapter 6. Neurophysiology -- Chapter 7. Neuroimaging -- Chapter 8. Overview of Prefrontal Functions: The Temporal Organization of Action.
- Prenatal mouse brain atlas /. 2nd ed. 2007, Springer
- Prevention of stroke 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Primary care sleep medicine 2007, SpringerSleep disorders in primary care : evidence-based clinical practice / James F. Pagel -- Epidemiology of sleep / Lauren Hale -- Assessment of insomnia / Edward J. Stepanski -- Cognitive-behavioral therapy approaches for insomnia / Edward J. Stepanski -- Pharmacological treatment of insomnia / James M. Parish -- Determinants and measurements of daytime sleepiness / Neil S. Freedman -- Central sleep apnea : implications for the failing heart / Virend K. Somers -- Obstructive sleep apnea : clinical presentation / Charles W. Atwood, Jr. -- Obstructive sleep apnea/hypopnea syndrome : epidemiology and pathogenesis / Brian A. Boehlecke -- Evidence and mechanisms linking obstructive sleep apnea to cardiovascular disease / Virend K. Somers -- Treatment for obstructive sleep apnea : surgical and alternative treatments / James M. Parish -- Positive airway pressure therapy for obstructive sleep apnea/hypopnea syndrome / Neil S. Freedman -- Oral appliances for the treatment of obstructive sleep apnea / Donald A. Falace -- Medicolegal aspects of obstructive sleep apnea/hypopnea syndrome / Brian A. Boehlecke -- Overview of the treatment of obesity / Neil S. Freedman -- Sleep in patients with pulmonary disease / Susan M. Harding -- Pediatric sleep I : normal sleep and nonrespiratory sleep complaints, infancy through adolescence / David M. Hiestand -- Pediatric sleep II: pediatric sleep-disordered breathing / David M. Hiestand -- Sleep and sleep disorders in women / Fiona C. Baker, Kathryn A. Lee, and R. Manber -- Parasomnia in adults / Ruth M. Benca -- Clinical features, diagnosis, and treatment of narcolepsy / Lois E. Krahn -- Mental disorders associated with disturbed sleep / Lois E. Krahn -- Sleep and the esophagus / Susan M. Harding -- Circadian rhythm disorders / Lois E. Krahn -- Bruxism / Donald A. Falace -- Restless legs syndrome and periodic limb movements / Michael J. Thorpy -- Introduction to polysomnography / Bashir A. Chaudhary -- Portable monitoring / Charles W. Atwood, Jr. -- Correct CPT coding, billing, and documentation in sleep medicine / Barbara A. Phillips.
- Primate visual system 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Primer of neuroimmunological disease 2012, SpringerImmunology for the Non-immunologist --Neurology for the Non-neurologist --Neuroimmunology for the Non-neuroimmunologist --The Prototypic Neuroimmunological CNS Disease: Multiple Sclerosis, a Precis --Multiple Sclerosis: Diagnosis --Multiple Sclerosis Mimics --Multiple Sclerosis Therapy --Experimental Models of MS --Guillain-Barré Syndrome (GBS) and Other Immune-Mediated Neuropathies --Neuromuscular Neuroimmunological Diseases: Myasthenia Gravis --The Prototypic Neuroimmunological Muscle Disease: Dermatomyositis --A Introduction to Neurological Infections: Neuro-infectious Disease as Part of Neuroimmunology --Neurological Manifestations of Systemic Chronic Inflammatory Disease --The Neuroimmunology of Cancer: Paraneoplastic Syndromes and Primary CNS Lymphoma --Neuroimmunology of Degenerative Diseases and Stroke --Important Rare Neuroimmunological Diseases --Neuroimmunological Molecules and Translational Medicine --Neuroimmunological Diagnostic Tests --Therapy in Neuroimmunological Disease.
- Primer on the autonomic nervous system. 2nd ed. 2004, ScienceDirect
- Principles of molecular neurosurgery 2005, KargerThe molecular basis of intervertebral disc degeneration / Leo, B.M.; Walker, M.H.; Anderson, D.G. -- Genetics of degenerative disc disease / Kurpad, S.N.; Lifshutz, J. -- Gene therapy for degenerative disc disease / Kim, J.; Gilbertson, L.G.; Kang, J.D. -- Bone morphogenetic proteins: spinal fusion applications / Bomback, D.A.; Grauer, J.N. -- Cellular and gene therapy approaches to spinal cord injury / Steinmetz, M.P.; Liu, J.K.; Boulis, N.M. -- Neural stem cell transplantation for spinal cord repair / Iwanami, A. ... [et al.] -- Contemporary applications of functional and stereotactic techniques for molecular neurosurgery / Couldwell, W. -- Xeno-neurotransplantation / Schumacher, J.M. -- Molecular mechanisms of epilepsy and gene therapy / Telfeian, A.; Celix, J.; Dichter, M. -- Adeno-associated viral (AAV) vectors for clinical gene therapy in the brain / Samulski, R.J. --Molecular mechanisms of epilepsy and gene therapy / Telfeian, A.; Celix, J.; Dichter, M. -- Emerging treatment of neurometabolic disorders / Brady, R.O.; Brady, R.O. Jr. -- Gene therapy for Parkinson's disease / Hadaczek, P.; Daadi, M.; Bankiewicz, K. -- Simplifying complex neurodegenerative diseases by gene chip analysis / Scherzer, C.R.; Gullans S.R.; Jensen, R.V. -- Molecular pathology of dementia: emerging treatment strategies / Gouras, G.K. -- Expanding the role of deep brain stimulation from movement disorders to other neurological disorders / Leone, M. ... [et al.] -- Molecular mediators of pain / Chaudhary P.; Burchiel, K. -- Gene transfer in the treatment of pain / Fink, D.; Mata, M.; Glorioso, J.C. -- Gene discovery underlying stroke / Barone, F.C.; Read, S.J. -- Molecular mediators of hemorrhagic stroke / Macdonald, R.L. -- Advances towards cerebrovascular gene therapy / Watanabe, Y.; Heistad, D.D. -- Ex vivo gene therapy and cell therapy for stroke / Kondziolka, D.; Sheehan, J.; Niranjan, A. -- Neurosurgical applications for polymeric drug delivery systems / Wang, P.P.; Brem, H. -- Immunotherapy strategies for treatment of malignant gliomas / Harshyne, L.; Flomenberg, P.; Andrews, D.W. --'Glioma-genesis': signaling pathways for the development of molecular onco-therapy / Kapoor, G.S.; O'Rourke, D.M. -- Oncolytic viral therapy for glioma / Lamfers, M.L.M.; Visted, T.; Chiocca, E.A. -- Molecular neurosurgery in the pituitary gland: gene transfer as adjunctive treatment strategy -- Castro, M.G. ... [et al.] -- Stem cells for targeting CNS malignancy / Yip, S.; Sidman, R.L.; Snyder, E.Y.
- Principles of neuropsychological assessment with Hispanics 2008, SpringerIntroduction and theoretical foundations / Sara A. Lawless, Julie K. Ries, and Antolin M. Llorente -- American population estimates, trends in American immigration, and neuropsychology : influences on assessment and inferential processes with Hispanic populations / Antolin M. Llorente -- Hispanic populations : special issues in neuropsychology / Antolin M. Llorente -- Intellectual abilities : theoretical and applied assessment considerations / Christian von Thomsen, Lori Gallup, and Antolin M. Llorente -- Language : development, bilingualism, and abnormal states / Christine French and Antolin M. Llorente -- The neuropsychological assessment of the Hispanic client / Antolin M. Llorente and Deborah Weber -- Hispanics and cultural bias : test development and applications / Peter Smith, Eric Lane, and Antolin M. Llorente -- Rehabilitation / Julie K. Ries, Brian Potter, and Antolin M. Llorente.
- Prions 2005, Springer
- Prions 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Model-based and model-free mechanisms of human motor learning /Adrian M. Haith, John W. Krakauer --The molecular basis of experience-dependent motor system development /Robert G. Kalb, Weiguo Zhou, Lei Zhang --Neurocognitive mechanisms of error-based motor learning /Rachael D. Seidler ... [et al.] --Plasticity in the motor network following primary motor cortex lesion /Numa Dancause --The mirror system in monkeys and humans and its possible motor-based functions /Leonardo Fogassi, Luciano Simone --A molecular basis for intrinsic muscle properties : implications for motor control /Kiisa C. Nishikawa ... [et al.] --Theoretical and methodological issues in serial correlation analysis /Didier Delignières, Vivien Marmelat --On the control of unstable objects : the dynamics of human stick balancing /Ramesh Balasubramaniam --Intermittent motor control : the "drift-and-act" hypothesis /John G. Milton.
- Proteases in the brain 2005, Springer
- Proteasome in neurodegeneration 2006, Springer
- Protein misfolding in neurodegenerative diseases 2008, CRCnetBASEProtein folding and misfolding, relevance to disease, and biological function / Massimo Stefani -- Alzheimer's disease / Charlotte E. Teunissen and Tischa J.M. van der Cammen -- Improving cholinergic transmission -- Cholinergic transmission and acetylcholine release enhancers / Pierre Francotte, Pascal de Tullio, and Bernard Pirotte -- AChE and its inhibition / Jure Stojan -- AChE inhibitors and their clinical assessment / Pierre Francotte, Pascal de Tullio, and Bernard Pirotte -- Reduction in plaque formation -- Secretase and APP processing / Christian Czech, Helmut Jacobsen, and Celine Adessi -- Mechanism of plaque formation and A[B] aggregation inhibitors / Christian Czech, Helmut Jacobsen, and Celine Adessi -- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs / Bruno P. Imbimbo and Francesca Speroni -- 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl coenzyme A reductase inhibitors / Dario Cattaneo -- A[B] polymerization reduction / Harry LeVine III and Corrine E. Augelli-Szafran -- Carbonic anhydrase activators as potential anti-Alzheimer's disease agents / Claudiu T. Supuran and Andrea Scozzafava -- Detection and reduction of neurofibrillary lesions / Jeff Kuret -- Protein misfolding in Alzheimer disease : pathogenic or protective? / Rudy J. Castellani ... [et al.] -- Enhancement of brain retinoic acid levels / Ann B. Goodman ... [et al.] -- Parkinson's disease : what is it? what causes it? and how can it be cured? / Tom Foltynie, Andrew W. Michell, and Roger A. Barker -- Restoring dopamine levels / P. Nuno Palma .. [et al.] -- Huntington's disease / Claire-Anne Gutekunst and Fran Norflus -- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (motor neuron disease) / Teresa Sanelli ... [et al.] -- Transmissible spongiform encephalopathies / Michael D. Geschwind and Giuseppe Legname -- Overview / H. John Smith, Robert D.E. Sewell, and Claire Simons.
- Proteins of the cerebrospinal fluid. 2nd ed. 2005, ScienceDirect
- Protocols for neural cell culture. 4th ed. 2010, Springer ProtocolsNeurosphere and Neural Colony-Forming Cell Assays / Sharon A. Louis, Brent A. Reynolds -- Directed Neuronal Differentiation of Embryonic and Adult-Derived Neurosphere Cells / Marcos R. Costa, Ravi Jagasia, Benedikt Berninger -- Culture and Differentiation of Human Neural Stem Cells / Soojung Shin, Mohan Vemuri -- Neural Differentiation of Human Embryonic Stem Cells / Mirella Dottori, Alice Pébay, Martin F. Pera -- Isolation and Culture of Primary Human CNS Neural Cells / Manon Blain, Veronique E. Miron, Caroline Lambert, Peter J. Darlington, Qiao-Ling Cui, Philippe Saikali, V. Wee Yong, Jack P. Antel -- Bioengineering Protocols for Neural Precursor Cell Expansion / Behnam A. Baghbaderani, Arindom Sen, Michael S. Kallos, Leo A. Behie -- Intracellular Calcium Assays in Dissociated Primary Cortical Neurons / Navjot Kaur, David V. Thompson, David Judd, David R. Piper, Richard G. Del Mastro -- Dissociated Hippocampal Cultures / Francine Nault, Paul Koninck -- Primary Sensory and Motor Neuron Cultures / Andrea M. Vincent, Eva L. Feldman -- Retinal Cell and Tissue Culture / Francisco L.A.F. Gomes, Michel Cayouette -- Preparation of Normal and Reactive Astrocyte Cultures / Jean Vellis, Cristina A. Ghiani, Ina B. Wanner, Ruth Cole -- Oligodendrocyte Progenitor Cell Culture / Akiko Nishiyama, Ryusuke Suzuki, Hao Zuo, Xiaoqin Zhu -- Isolation of Microglia Subpopulations / Makoto Sawada, Hiromi Suzuki -- Microglia from Progenitor Cells in Mouse Neopallium / Sergey Fedoroff, Arleen Richardson -- Primary Schwann Cell Cultures / Haesun A. Kim, Patrice Maurel -- Primary Dissociated Astrocyte and Neuron Co-culture / Shelley Jacobs, Laurie C. Doering -- Cerebellar Slice Cultures / Josef P. Kapfhammer -- Hippocampal Slice Cultures / Jesse E. Hanson, Adrienne L. Orr, Silvia Fernandez-Illescas, Ricardo A. Valenzuela, Daniel V. Madison -- Molecular Substrates for Growing Neurons in Culture / Saulius Satkauskas, Arnaud Muller, Morgane Roth, Dominique Bagnard -- Guidance and Outgrowth Assays for Embryonic Thalamic Axons / Alexandre Bonnin -- Detection of Cell Death in Neuronal Cultures / Sean P. Cregan -- Live Imaging of Neural Cell Functions / Sabine Bavamian, Eliana Scemes, Paolo Meda -- Tissue Culture Procedures and Tips / Arleen Richardson, Sergey Fedoroff.
- Psychiatric issues in epilepsy. 2nd ed. 2007, Ovid
- Psychiatry for neurologists 2006, Springer
- Psychiatry of Parkinson's disease 2012, KargerEpidemiology of psychiatric symptoms in Parkinson's Disease -- Depression, apathy and anxiety disorders -- Apathy in Parkinson's Disease -- Disorders of visual perception in Parkinson's Disease and other Lewy body disorders -- Psychosis and Parkinson's Disease -- Sleep in Parkinson's Disease and dementia with Lewy bodies -- Sexual problems in Parkinson's Disease -- An update on impulse control disorders in Parkinson's Disease -- Neuropsychological features of early cognitive impairment in Parkinson's Disease -- Parkinson's Disease with dementia -- Somatoform disorders in Parkinson's Disease and dementia with Lewy bodies evidence underlying psychotic traits -- Drug-induced Parkinsonism and abnormal involuntary movements.
- Psychoanalysis and neurosciences 2006, Springer
- Puzzle of orofacial pain 2007, KargerOrofacial pain : a challenge and chance (not only) for dentistry / Turp, J.C., Hugger, A., Sommer, C. -- Characteristics of muscle nociception / Mense, S. -- Nociceptors of the joint with particular reference to silent nociceptors / Schaible, H.-G. -- Inflammatory mediators in temporomandibular joint pain / Kopp, S., Sommer, C. -- The role of reproductive hormones in orofacial pain / LeResche, L. -- Pathophysiology of orofacial pain / Sessle, B. -- Dental pain : pathophysiology and management / Khan, A.A., Hargreaves, K.M. -- Myofascial temporomandibular disorder pain : pathophysiology and management / Schindler, H.J., Svensson, P. -- Painful arthrogenous temporomandibular disorders : pathophysiology, diagnosis, management and prognosis / Steenks, M.H., Hugger, A., de Wijer, A. -- Neuralgic and idiopathic facial pain : pathophysiology and management / Sommer, C. -- Burning mouth syndrome : pathophysiology and management / Zakrzewska, J., Renton, T. -- Psychosocial impact of orofacial Pain / Dworkin, S.F. -- A rationale for the classification of orofacial pain / Woda, A. -- Orofacial pain: past and future / Greene, C.S. -- The end of an era: orofacial pain enters the genomic age : implications and opportunities for research and the care of patients / Stohler, C.S.
- Key methodological issues -- Distress/protection vulnerability model of quality of life impairment syndrome -- Role of dopamine in pleasure, reward and subjective responses to drugs -- Neuroendocrine functions,mood and quality of life -- In the mind of the beholder neuronal mediators for the effect of emotional experience on quality of life -- Cross-cultural quality of life research in mental health -- Measuring the value of health-related quality of life -- Comparison of instruments for measuring the quality of life impairment syndrome in severe mental disorders -- Integrative bottom-up approach to HRQQL measurement -- Quality of life impairment syndrome in severe mental disorders -- Health related quality of life in subjects at risk for a first episode of psychosis -- Quality of life impairment syndrome in schizophrenia -- Insight and quality of life in schizophrenia spectrum disorders -- Quality of life and major depression -- Quality of life impairment in bipolar disorder -- Quality of life impairment in anxiety disorders -- Quality of life in obsessive-compulsive disorder -- Treatment and rehabilitation issues -- Antipsychotic medications, schizophrenia and the issue of quality of life -- Quality of life outcomes of ECT -- Quality of life in mental health services -- Subjective quality of life in relation to psychiatric rehabilitation and daily life -- Cost-utility analysis.
- Neural anatomy -- Passive membranes -- Active membranes -- Propagation -- Neural branches -- Synapses -- Networks of neurons -- Extracellular recording and stimulation -- The neural code -- Applications.
- Quantum magnetic resonance imaging diagnostics of human brain disorders. 1st ed. 2010, ScienceDirect
- Radiographic atlas of skull and brain anatomy 2007, Springer
- Radiosurgery and pathological fundamentals 2007, Karger
- Rat nervous system. 3rd ed. 2004, ScienceDirect
- Recent advances in Parkinson's disease. [Part II], Translational and clinical research. 1st ed. 2010, ScienceDirectSection I. Animal models of PD -- Chapter 1. What have we learned from Drosophila models of Parkinson's disease? / Ming Guo -- Chapter 2. Neurotoxic in vivo models of Parkinson's disease: recent advances / Jason R. Cannon, J. Timothy Greenamyre -- Chapter 3. Behavioral analysis of motor and non-motor symptoms in rodent models of Parkinson's disease / Stephen B. Dunnett, Mariah Lelos -- Chapter 4. Genetic mouse models of Parkinson's disease: The state of the art / Iddo Magen, Marie-Françoise Chesselet -- Chapter 5. Viral vector-mediated overexpression of α-synuclein as a progressive model of Parkinson's disease / Ayse Ulusoy, Mickael Decressac, Deniz Kirik, Anders Björklund -- Chapter 6. Modeling neuroinflammatory pathogenesis of Parkinson's disease / Christopher J. Barnum, Malú G. Tansey -- Chapter 7. The MPTP-lesioned non-human primate models of Parkinson's disease. Past, present, and future / Susan H. Fox, Jonathan M. Brotchie -- Section II. Exploring PD with brain imaging. -- Chapter 8. Abnormal metabolic brain networks in Parkinson's disease: from blackboard to bedside / Chris C. Tang, David Eidelberg -- Chapter 9. Imaging the nigrostriatal system to monitor disease progression and treatment-induced complications / Renju Kuriakose, A. Jon Stoessl -- Chapter 10. Brain imaging after neural transplantation / Marios Politis, Paola Piccini -- Chapter 11. Imaging non-motor aspects of Parkinson's disease / David J. Brooks, Nicola Pavese -- Section III. Frontiers in PD treatment -- Chapter 12. Gene therapy for dopamine replacement / Tomas Björklund, Erik Ahlm Cederfjäll, Deniz Kirik -- Chapter 13. Neurotrophic factor therapy for Parkinson's disease / Suresh Babu Rangasamy, Katherine Soderstrom, Roy A.E. Bakay, Jeffrey H. Kordower -- Chapter 14. Neural grafting in Parkinson's disease: Problems and possibilities / Patrik Brundin, Roger A. Barker, Malin Parmar -- CHAPTER 15. Neural grafting in Parkinson's disease: unraveling the mechanisms underlying graft-induced dyskinesia / Emma L. Lane, Anders Björklund, Stephen B. Dunnett, Christian Winkler -- Chapter 16. Deep brain stimulation: state of the art and novel stimulation targets / Francisco A. Ponce, Andres M. Lozano -- Chapter 17. The challenge of non-motor symptoms in Parkinson's disease / K. Ray Chaudhuri, Per Odin.
- Recent advances in Parkinson's disease. [Part I], Basic research. 1st ed. 2010, ScienceDirectSection I. Genetic and molecular mechanisms of neurodegeneration in PD -- Chapter 1. Identifying PD-causing genes and genetic susceptibility factors: Current approaches and future prospects / Thomas Gasser -- Chapter 2. The impact of genetic research on our understanding of Parkinson's disease / Ian Martin, Valina L. Dawson, Ted M. Dawson -- Chapter 3. Unravelling the role of defective genes / Mark R. Cookson -- Chapter 4. What causes the death of dopaminergic neurons in Parkinson's disease? / D. James Surmeier, Jaime N. Guzman, Javier Sanchez-Padilla, Joshua A. Goldberg -- Chapter 5. Intracellular signalling pathways in dopamine cell death and axonal degeneration / Robert E. Burke -- Chapter 6. Control of mitochondrial integrity in Parkinson's disease / Cristofol Vives-Bauza, Maja Tocilescu, Rosa L.A. deVries, Dana M. Alessi, Vernice Jackson-Lewis, Serge Przedborski -- Chapter 7. Role of post-translational modifications in modulating the structure, function and toxicity of α-synuclein: Implications for Parkinson's disease pathogenesis and therapies / Abid Oueslati, Margot Fournier, Hilal A. Lashuel -- Section II. Cellular and system-level pathophysiology of the basal ganglia in PD -- Chapter 8. The role of dopamine in modulating the structure and function of striatal circuits / D. James Surmeier, Weixing Shen, Michelle Day, Tracy Gertler, Savio Chan, Xianyong Tian, Joshua L. Plotkin -- Chapter 9. Assemblies of glutamate receptor subunits with post-synaptic density proteins and their alterations in Parkinson's disease / Fabrizio Gardoni, Veronica Ghiglieri, Monica di Luca, Paolo Calabresi -- Chapter 10. Pathophysiological roles for purines: Adenosine, caffeine and urate / Micaela Morelli, Anna R. Carta, Anil Kachroo, Michael A. Schwarzschild -- Chapter 11. Maladaptive striatal plasticity in l-DOPA-induced dyskinesia / M. Angela Cenci, Christine Konradi -- Chapter 12. Effects of GPi and STN inactivation on physiological, motor, cognitive and motivational processes in animal models of Parkinson's disease / Christelle Baunez, Paolo Gubellini -- Chapter 13. Computational physiology of the basal ganglia in Parkinson's disease / Michal Rivlin-Etzion, Shlomo Elias, Gali Heimer, Hagai Bergman -- Chapter 14. Neurocomputational models of motor and cognitive deficits in Parkinson's disease / Thomas V. Wiecki, Michael J. Frank.
- Receptor chemistry towards the third millennium 2000, ScienceDirect
- Regenerative biology of the spine and spinal cord 2012, SpringerFrontiers of spinal cord and spine repair : experimental approaches for repair of spinal cord injury / Choya Yoon and Mark H. Tuszynski -- Stem cell based strategies for spinal cord injury repair / Alexa Reeves and Hans S. Keirstead -- Strategies for endogenous spinal cord repair : HPMA hydrogel to recruit migrating endogenous stem cells / Araceli Espinosa-Jeffrey ... [et al.] -- Stem cells and spinal cord injury repair / Soheila Karimi-Abdolrezaee and Eftekhar Eftekharpour -- Chronic pain following spinal cord injury / Radi Masri and Asaf Keller -- Repair of radiation damage and radiation injury to the spinal cord / Timothy E. Schultheiss -- Malignancies of the spinal cord / J. Dawn Waters, Encarnacion Maria Navarro Peran, and Joseph Ciacci -- Molecular basis of intervertebral disc degeneration / Dipika Gopal ... [et al.] -- Bioceramics for osteogenesis, molecular and cellular advances / Hande Demirkiran -- Cell-based therapies for spinal fusion / Ronke Olabisi -- Clinical efficacy of stem cell mediated osteogenesis and bioceramics for bone tissue engineering / Josh Neman ... [et al.] -- Progenitor cells : role and usage in bone tissue engineering approaches for spinal fusion / Lonnissa H. Nguyen ... [et al.].
- Representation and brain 2007, Springer
- Reprogramming the brain. 1st ed. 2006, ScienceDirect
- Restorative therapies in Parkinson's disease 2006, Springer
- RNA infrastructure and networks 2011, SpringerThe RNA infrastructure : an introduction to ncRNA networks / Lesley J. Collins -- RNA interactions / Manja Marz and Peter F. Stadler -- Plant RNA silencing in viral defence / Vitantonio Pantaleo -- Micrornas as post-transcriptional machines and their interplay with cellular networks / Sarath Chandra Janga and Swathi Vallabhaneni -- Spatiotemporal aspects of microRNA-mediated gene regulation / Joris Pothof and Dik C. van Gent -- Spliceosomal RNA infrastructure : the network of splicing components and their regulation by miRNAs / Lesley J. Collins -- Construction, structure, and dynamics of post-transcriptional regulatory network directed by RNA binding proteins / Sarath Chandra Janga and Nitish Mittal -- Safe keeping the message : mRNP complexes tweaking after transcription / Said Hafidh, Věra Čapková, and David Honys -- Unexpected functions of tRNA and tRNA processing enzymes / Rebecca L. Hurto -- Programmed DNA elimination in tetrahymena : a small RNA mediated genome surveillance mechanism / Kensuke Kataoka and Kazufumi Mochizuki -- Long noncoding RNA and epigenomics / Chandrasekhar Kanduri -- Promoter associated long noncoding RNAs repress transcription through a RNA binding protein TLS / Riki Kurokawa -- RNA networks in prokaryotes I :CRISPRs and riboswitches / Patrick J. Biggs and Lesley J. Collins -- RNA networks in prokaryotes II : tRNA processing and small RNAs / Lesley J. Collins and Patrick J. Biggs -- Localization of the bacterial RNA infrastructure / Kenneth C. Keiler -- Small RNA discovery and characterisation in eukaryotes using high throughput approaches / Helio Pais ... [et al.] -- How old are RNA networks? / Toni Daly, X. Sylvia Chen, and David Penny.
- Role of glia in neurotoxicity. 2nd ed. 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Role of the nucleus of the solitary tract in gustatory processing 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Rosetta Stone of the human mind 2007, Springer
- Coma, head trauma, and spinal cord injury / Galen V. Henderson -- Epilepsy / Edward B. Bromfield and Barbara A. Dworetzky -- Dizziness / Robert W. Baloh -- Back and neck pain / Allan H. Ropper -- Sleep disorders / Milena Pavlova -- Neurooncology / Patrick Y. Wen and Santosh Kesari -- Multiple sclerosis and other demyelinating diseases / Maria K. Houtchens and David M. Dawson -- Motor neuropathies and peripheral neuropathies / Anthony A. Amato -- Neuromuscular junction disorders and myopathies / Anthony A. Amato -- Chronic pain / Robert D. Helme -- Headache and facial pain / Elizabeth Loder and Paul Rizzoli -- Stroke and cerebrovascular disorders / Steven K. Feske -- Movement disorders / Lewis Sudarsky -- Behavioral neurology and dementia / Kirk R. Daffner and David A. Wolk -- Neuroophthalmology / Marc J. Dinken and Don C. Bienfang -- Toxic and metabolic disorders / Martin A. Samuels -- Infections of the central nervous system / Tracey A. Cho.
- Sciences of aphasia 2003, ScienceDirect
- Scientific foundation of neuropsychological assessment. 1st ed. 2012, ScienceDirectScientific neurological basis for assessment -- Introductory scientific history to neuropsychological assessment -- Nature of science -- Theoretical foundation of neurological assessment -- Neuropsychological basis of assessment -- Brain-function analysis -- Formal analytic methodology -- Neuropsychological battery patterns -- Justification of formal procedures -- Fundamental psychometric status of neuropsychological batteries -- Justification of neuropsychological batteries -- Accuracy of formal neuropsychological methods -- Application to forensics -- Admissibility of neuropsychological expert testimony under the Daubert and Frye evidentiary standards -- Usefulness of a validated neuropsychological test battery is scientifically supporting and communicating forensic evaluation results -- Formal neuropsychological methods -- In defense of the Halstead-Reitan Battery: a critique of Lezak's review -- In defense of the Halstead-Reitan Battery: revisited -- Norming subjects for the Halstead-Reitan Battery -- Major Halstead-Reitan Battern norm sets.
- Seizures in critical care. 2nd ed. 2010, SpringerPresentation and pathophysiology of seizures in the critical care environment: an overview -- Diagnosing and monitoring seizures in the ICU: the role of continuous EEG for detection and management of seizures in critically ill patients -- Stroke and critical care seizures -- Traumatic brain injury and seizures in the ICU -- Brain tumors and ICU seizures -- Global hypoxia-ischemia and critical care seizures -- Seizures in fulminant hepatic failure, multiorgan failure, and endocrine crisis -- Seizures in organ transplant recipients -- Extreme hypertension, eclampsia and critical care seizures -- Infection or inflammation and ICU seizures -- Electrolyte disturbances and critical care seizures -- Alcohol-related seizures in the intensive care unit -- Drug-induced seizures in critically ill patients -- Critical care seizures related to illicit drugs and toxins -- Management of status epilepticus and critical care seizures.
- Self management of chronic disease 2009, Springer
- Sensory nerves 2009, Springer
- Sensory neuroscience, four laws of psychophysics 2009, Springer
- Serotonin and sleep 2008, Springer
- Serotonin receptors in neurobiology 2007, CRCnetBASEQuantitative imaging of serotonin autofluorescence with multiphoton microscopy / S.K. Kaushalya and Sudipta Maiti -- Monitoring receptor-mediated changes of intracellular cAMP level by using ion channels and fluorescent proteins as biosensors / Evgeni G. Ponimaskin ... [et al.] -- Membrane organization and dynamics of the serotonin1A receptor monitored using fluorescence microscopic approaches / Shanti Kalipatnapu, Thomas J. Pucadyil, and Amitabha Chattopadhyay -- Calmodulin is a 5-HT receptor interacting and regulatory protein / Justin N. Turner ... [et al.] -- Identification of novel transcriptional regulators in the nervous system / Federico Remes-Lenicov ... [et al.] -- Serotonin 2A (5-HT2A) receptor function: ligand-dependent mechanisms and pathways / Ishier Raote, Aditi Bhattacharya, and Mitradas M. Panicker -- The 5-HT1A receptor: a signaling hub linked to emotional balance / Probal Banerjee, Mukti Mehta, and Baishali Kanjilal -- Do limits of neuronal plasticity represent an opportunity for mental diseases, such as addiction to food and illegal drugs? Use and utilities of serotonin receptor knock-out mice / Valerie Compan -- Use of mice with targeted genetic inactivation in the serotonergic system for the study of anxiety / Miklos Toth.
- Sex differences in the human brain, their underpinnings and implications. 1st ed. 2010, ScienceDirectSection I. General Overview -- Chapter 1. Sex differences in brain anatomy / Eileen Luders, Arthur W. Toga -- Chapter 2 . Sex differences in the human brain: A developmental perspective / Tomáš Paus -- Chapter 3. Sex influences on brain and emotional memory: The burden of proof has shifted / Larry Cahill -- Chapter 4. Sexual differentiation of the human brain in relation to gender identity and sexual orientation / Ivanka Savic, Alicia Garcia-Falgueras, Dick F. Swaab -- Section II. The Mechanisms Behind Sex Dimorphism in the Brain -- Chapter 5. Genes and brain sex differences / Francisco J. Sánchez, Eric Vilain -- Chapter 6. Genetic and epigenetic underpinnings of sex differences in the brain and in neurological and psychiatric disease susceptibility / Irfan A. Qureshi, Mark F. Mehler -- Chapter 7. Gene expression in neuroendocrine cells during the critical period for sexual differentiation of the brain / Khatuna Gagnidze, Donald W. Pfaff, Jessica A. Mong -- Chapter 8. Neurosteroids: Endogenous role in the human brain and therapeutic potentials / Doodipala Samba Reddy -- Section III. Clinical Implications -- Chapter 9. Sex and gender differences in pain and analgesia / Jeffrey S. Mogil, Andrea L. Bailey -- Chapter 10. The skewed sex distribution in affective disorders: A diagnostic, social, or biological problem? / Marianne J. Legato -- Chapter 11. Empathizing, systemizing, and the extreme male brain theory of autism / Simon Baron-Cohen -- Chapter 12. Gender and the injured brain / Paco S. Herson, Patricia D. Hurn.
- Signal processing for neuroscientists. 1st ed. 2010, ScienceDirectLomb's algorithm and the Hilbert transform -- Modeling -- Volterra series -- Wiener series -- Poisson-Wiener series -- Decomposition of multichannel data -- Causality.
- Sistema nervoso centrale. 2a ed. 2010, Springer
- Sleep 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Sleep and aging. 1st ed. 2005, ScienceDirect
- Sleep and quality of life in clinical medicine 2008, Springer
- Sleep and sleep disorders 2006, SpringerGABA[subscript A] receptor subtypes in sedation and hypnosis / Esa R. Korpi -- Sleep hippocampal theta rhythm and sensory processing / Marisa Pedemonte and Ricardo A. Velluti -- Monoaminergic mechanisms in the regulation of sleep-wakefulness: special emphasis on preoptic noradrenergic system / Vijay Ramesh and Velayudhan Mohan Kumar -- REM sleep function and brain monoamine regulation: an application of the search activity concept / Vadim S. Rotenberg -- Role of wakefulness area in the brainstem reticular formation in regulating rapid eye movement sleep / Birendra N. Mallick ... [et al.] -- The mechanistic relationship between NREM sleep and anesthesia / Laura E. Nelson, Nicholas P. Franks, and Mervyn Maze -- Time-dependent psychotropic drug effects: hints of pharmacochronomics, broader than circadian time structures / Haruo Nagayama ... [et al.] -- Melatonin interaction with BZ-Gaba[subscript A] receptors: implications for sleep induction / Lennard P. Niles -- Melatonin: a chronobiotic that not only shifts rhythms / Dieter Kunz and Richard Mahlberg -- Melatonin and human sleep / Irina V. Zhdanova -- Melatonin efficacy to treat circadian alterations of sleep in Alzheimer's disease / Daniel P. Cardinali ... [et al.] -- Pharmacotherapy for seasonal affective disorder / Timo Partonen -- Use and discontinuation of hypnosedative medications / Mirko Petrovic -- Long-term use of sleeping pills in chronic insomnia / Milton Kramer -- Risks of chronic hypnotic use / Daniel F. Kripke -- Effects of psychotropics on driving performance / Henry J. Moller, Colin M. Shapiro, and Leonid Kayumov -- Diagnosis, pathophysiology and treatment of hypersomnias / Sebastiaan Overeem and Michel Billiard -- Chronic disease and sleep architecture pharmacotherapeutic considerations / James J. Herdegen -- Benzodiazepines for sedation in infants and children / Eugene Ng and Vibhuti Shah -- The pharmacological management of fatigue and sleepiness in affective disorders / Karl Doghramji -- Next-day residual effects of sleeping medications on driving ability: a review of the literature / Joris C. Verster, Marinus N. Verbaten, and Edmund R. Volkerts -- Sleep and pain / Wilfred R. Pigeon, Hyung Park, and Michael J. Sateia -- Head injuries and sleep / Chanth Seyone and Babita Kara -- Psychopharmacological management of restless legs syndrome and periodic limb movements in sleep / Raed Hawa ... [et al.] -- A comparison of visual analog scale and categorical ratings in assessing the patient's estimate of sleep quality / Nava Zisapel, Ricardo Tarrasch, and Moshe Laudon -- The pharmacostrategy of treating sleep disorders in Parkinsonism / Jean-Jacques Askenasy -- The neuropharmacology of nightmares / J.F. Pagel -- The night eating syndrome / Grethe Seta Birketvedt and Jon R. Florholmen -- Drug effects on dreaming / Mehmet Yucel Agargun and Hanefi Ozbek -- Sleep problems in primary care / Alan G. Wade -- SSRIs and sleep in man / Sue J. Wilson and David J. Nutt -- Sleep and antipsychotic drugs in schizophrenia patients / Jaime M. Monti and Daniel Monti -- Sleep and epilepsy: from interrelationships to influence of antiepileptic drugs / Antonio Martins da Silva ... [et all.] -- Herbal medicines and sleep / Marcello Spinella.
- Sleep apnea 2006, KargerElectrical stimulation of the upper airways muscles / Randerath, W.J. -- Cardiac pacemaker therapy in sleep apnea / Schichtl, T., Pfeifer, M. -- Surgical treatment for obstructive sleep apnea / Boudewyns, A.N., Van de Heyning, P.H. -- Alternative therapies for obstructive sleep apnea syndrome : behavioral and pharmacological options / Smith, I.E. -- Central sleep apnea, hypoventilation syndromes, and periodic breathing disorders / Caples, S.M., Somers, V.K. -- Cardiovascular complications of sleep-related breathing disorders / Naughton, M.T., Sanner, B.M. -- Sleep-related breathing disorders in children / Amin, R.S. ... [et al.] -- Sleep-related breathing disorders in the elderly / Cooke, J.R., Ancoli-Israel, S. -- Sleep-disordered breathing in pregnancy / Sullivan, C.E., Edwards, N.Obstructive sleep apnea-hypopnea syndrome definitions of pathophysiology / De Backer, W. -- Oxidative stress--the culprit of obstructive sleep apnea syndrome / Lavie, L., Lavie, P. -- Genetics aspects of the obstructive sleep apnea/hypopnea syndrome / Riha, R.L. -- Upper airway muscles in obstructive respiratory sleep disorders / Svanborg, E. -- Obstructive sleep apnea : clinical presentation, diagnosis, and treatment / Yim, S., Jordan, A., Malhotra, A. -- Automatic positive airway pressure titration and treatment / Randerath, W.J. -- Treatment humidification in sleep-related breathing disorders / Benjafield, A.V., Richards, G.N. -- Oral appliances in the treatment of obstructive sleep apnea and snoring / Marklund, M.Sleep disorders and their classification--an overview / Lévy, P., Viot-Blanc, V., Pépin, J.-L -- Physiology of sleep and dreaming / Penzel, T., Kesper, K. -- Physiology of breathing during sleep / Schäfer, T. -- Physiology of the cardiovascular, endocrine, and renal systems during sleep / Peter, J.G., Fietze, I. -- History and questionnaires / Rühle K.-H. -- Objectifying sleepiness / Hein, H. -- Portable monitoring systems / Hein, H. -- Polysomnography / Penzel, T. -- Nasal, lung, and cardiovascular function tests / Galetke, W. -- Upper airway imaging in sleep apnea syndrome / Pinto Basto, R., Rodenstein, D.O. -- Upper airway obstruction in snoring and upper airway resistance syndrome / Kirkness, J.P. ... [et al.].
- Sleep disorders and sleep deprivation 2006, NAPSleep physiology -- Extent and health consequences of chronic sleep loss and sleep disorders -- Functional and economic impact of sleep loss and sleep-related disorders -- Improving awareness, diagnosis, and treatment of sleep disorders -- Ensuring adequate diagnosis and treatment : access, capacity, and technology development -- Opportunities to improve career development in somnology -- Bolstering somnology and sleep disorders research programs -- Building sleep programs in academic health centers.
- Sleep disorders in women 2006, SpringerIntroduction / Hrayr P. Attarian -- Epidemiology of sleep disorders in women / Hrayr P. Attarian -- Workup of female patients with sleep complaints: a guide for mid-level health care providers / Diana Monaghan -- The impact of life cycle on sleep in women / Margaret Moline, Lauren Broch, and Rochelle Zak -- Normal reproductive and endocrine life stages and their impact on different sleep disorders / Rochelle Goldberg -- Delayed sleep phase syndrome in adolescents / John Garcia -- Defining, assessing, and treating adolescent insomnia and related sleep problems / Amy R. Wolfson, Alison Quinn, and Anna Vannucci -- Restless legs syndrome: an overview with an emphasis on women / David M. Hiestand and Barbara Phillips -- Nonhormonal treatments for insomnia / Catherine C. Schuman --Obstructive sleep apnea-hypopnea syndrome in premenopausal women / Kanika Bagai and Beth A. Malow -- Polycystic ovary syndrome and obstructive sleep apnea / Mira Aubuchon -- Women and excessive daytime sleepiness / Hrayr P. Attarian -- Parasomnias from a woman's health perspective / Carlos H. Schenck and Mark W. Mahowald -- Restless legs syndrome in pregnancy / Keith J. Nagle -- Evaluating insomnia during pregnancy and postpartum / Katherine A. Lee and Aaron B. Caughey -- Pregnancy and obstructive sleep apnea / Helena Schotland -- Restless legs syndrome and menopause / Nancy S. Collins -- Insomnia during menopause: sleep laboratory studies on insomnia associated with postmenopausal syndrome and hormone replacement therapy / Gerda Saletu-Zyhlarz ... [et al.] -- Obstructive sleep apnea and menopause / Grace Pien and Sigrid Veasey.
- Sleep disorders. Part I-II pt. 1-2, 2011., ScienceDirectpt. 2, 2011 ScienceDirect
- Sleep loss and obesity 2012, SpringerCircadian Clock Genes and the Regulation of Sleep /Thomas Curie and Paul Franken --Clock Genes and Energy Metabolism /Hee-Kyung Hong, Wenyu Huang, Kathryn Moynihan Ramsey, Biliana Marcheva and Joseph Bass --Neural Circuitry Responsible for Sleep and Wakefulness /Roda Rani Konadhode, Dheeraj Pelluru and Priyattam J. Shiromani --Feeding as a Reward Mechanism /Ralph J. DiLeone, Nandakumar S. Narayanan and Douglas J. Guarnieri --Plasticity of Brain Feeding Circuits in Response to Food /Tamas Horvath --The Neurogenetics of Energy Balance /Martin G. Myers Jr. --Short Sleep and Obesity Risk in Children /Chantelle N. Hart, Elizabeth S. Kuhl and Elissa Jelalian --Circadian Misalignment and Sleep Disruption in Shift Work: Implications for Fatigue and Risk of Weight Gain and Obesity /Rachel R. Markwald and Kenneth P. Wright Jr. --Sleep Apnea and Obesity /Vidya Krishnan and Sanjay R. Patel --The Connection Between Sleep Loss, Obesity, and Type 2 Diabetes /Silvana Pannain, Guglielmo Beccuti and Eve Van Cauter --Sleep Disturbances: Impact on Risk and Severity of Diabetes /Kelly A. Holes-Lewis --Insufficient Sleep and Cardiovascular Disease /Susan Redline --Clinical Guidelines for the Evaluation of Adults with Obstructive Sleep Apnea /Lawrence J. Epstein --Pharmacological Treatment of Obesity /Dhiraj G. Kabra, Uma D. Kabra, Matthias H. Tschöp and Susanna Hofmann --Bariatric Surgery for Treatment of Obesity /Mark J. Perna, Thomas Karl Byrne and Chitharanja C. Pullattrana.
- Slow brain oscillations of sleep, resting state and vigilance 2011, ScienceDirectSlow oscillations in perspective and in detail -- Slow brain oscillations of sleep, resting, state, and vigilance -- Electrophysiological correlates of sleep homeostasis in freely behaving rats -- Involvement of cytokines in slow wave sleep -- Sleep and resting state EEG-profile as heritable endophenotype and during development -- Genetic determination of sleep EEG profiles in healthy humans -- Developmental aspects of sleep slow waves: linking sleep, brain maturation and behavior -- Phasic events during slow oscillations -- Phasic modulation of cortical high-frequency oscillations by pedunculopontine neurons -- Slow oscillations orchestrating fast oscillations and memory consolidation -- Spontaneous neural activity during human non-rapid eye movement sleep -- Thalamocortical and cortico-hippocampal network interactions during slow sleep oscillations -- Neuronal plasticity and thalamocortical sleep and waking oscillations -- Infraslow (<0.1 Hz) oscillations in thalamic relay nuclei: basic mechanisms and significance to health and diseaes states -- Hippocampal-cortical interactions and the dynamics of memory trace reactivation -- Cortica synchronization and travelling of slow oscillations -- Long-range correlation of the membrane potential in neocortical neurons during slow oscillation -- Temporal dynamics of cortical sources underlying spontaneous and peripherally evoked slow waves -- Functional beliefs of slow oscillations during sleep -- Sleep and developmental plasticity: not just for kids -- Evoked electrical and cerebral vascular responses during sleep and following sleep deprivation -- Reduction of nocturnal slow-wave activity affects daytime vigilance lapses and memory encoding but not reaction time or implicit learning -- Infraslow oscillations in resting state network activity during sleep and wakefulness -- Spectral characteristics of resting state networks -- Modulation of the brain's functional network architecture in the transition from wake to sleep -- Spontaneous fMRI activity during resting wakefulness and sleep -- Infraslow oscillations, consciousness and performance -- Hypnotic modulation of resting state mMRI default mode and extrinsic network connectivity -- Multimodal neuroimaging in patients with disorders of consciousness showing functional hemispherectomy -- Roles of multiscale brain activity fluctuations in shaping the variability and dynamics of psychophysical performance.
- Somatosensory system 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Spastic forms of cerebral palsy 2010, SpringerCerebral palsy detection : from John Little to the present / Giovanni Cioni, Paola B. Paolicelli -- Guide to the interpretation of cerebral palsy / Adriano Ferrari, Silvia Alboresi -- Functional diagnosis in infants and in very young children : early predictive signs / Giovanni Cioni, Andrea Guzzetta, Vittorio Belmonti -- Motor defects / Adriano Ferrari -- Perceptive defects / Adriano Ferrari -- Praxic organization disorders / Simonetta Muzzini, Federico Posteraro, Roberta Leonetti -- Visual and oculomotor disorders / Andrea Guzzetta ... [et al.] -- Neuropsychological evaluation / Daniels Brizzolara, Paola Brovedani, Giovanni Ferretti -- Emotional, behavioral and social disorders in children and adolescents with cerebral palsy / Gabriele Masi, Paolo Brovedani -- Observing interactions / Sandra Maestro -- Critical aspects of classifications / Adriano Ferrari -- Kinematic classification / Adriano Ferrari -- Tetraplegic forms / Adriano Ferrari ... [et al.] -- Dysperceptive forms / Silvia Alboresi ... [et al.] -- Forms of diplegia / Adriano Ferrari ... [et al.] -- Forms of hemiplegia / Giovanni Cioni ... [et al.].
- Spatial processing in navigation, imagery, and perception 2007, Springer
- SPECT in dementia 2003, Karger
- Spinal cord injury 2005, NAP
- Spinal cord injury 2012, ScienceDirectSpinal Cord Injuries, the newest volume in the Handbook of Clinical Neurology series, offers a comprehensive and detailed overview of the rapidly evolving science and treatment of spinal cord injury. Advances in neuroimaging, surgical treatment and application of electrical stimulation are dramatically impacting the treatment and outcome of these injuries. It provides a clear introduction to the core science of spinal cord injury, as well as to exciting research investigating new treatment options. Coverage includes brain-machine interfaces, transcranial stimulation, new pharmacological strategies, use of olfactory ensheathing cells, stem cells and precursor cells, gene therapy and molecular target discovery. This volume is a great resource for neuroscience and clinical neurology research specialists and practicing neurologists seeking a clear reference to the science and treatment of spinal cord injury. Comprehensive coverage of the latest scientific understanding of spinal cord injuries Detailed coverage of current treatment best practices and potential future treatments Connects leading edge research programs to future treatment opportunities .
- Spinal cord medicine 2003, NCBI Bookshelf
- Spinal cord trauma. 1st ed. 2002, ScienceDirectSection I. Spinal cord injuries in patients -- Section II. Spinal cord injuries in animal models -- Section III. Neuroprotection and transplantation -- Section IV. Molecular targets to promote axon regeneration in the CNS.
- Spinal cord. 1st ed. 2009, ScienceDirectThe organization of the spinal cord / Charles Watson and Gulgun Kayalioglu -- Development of the spinal cord / Kens WS Ashwell -- The vertebral column and spinal meninges / Gulgun Kayalioglu -- The spinal nerves / Gulgun Kayalioglu -- The spinal cord blood vessels / Oscar U. Scremin -- Cytoarchitecture of the spinal cord / Claire Heise and Gulgun Kayalioglu -- Localization of motoneurons in the spinal cord / Steve McHanwell and Charles Watson -- Spinal autonomic preganglionic neurons: the visceral efferent system of the spinal cord / Colin R. Anderson, Janet R. Keast and Elspeth M. McLachlan -- Central nervous system control of micturition / Gert Holstege and Han Collewijn -- Projections from the spinal cord to the brain / Gulgun Kayalioglu -- Projections from the brain to the spinal cord / Charles Watson and Alan R. Harvey -- The propriospinal system / Amanda C. Conta and Dennis J. Stelzner -- Spinal cord transmitter substances / Claire Heise and Gulgun Kayalioglu -- Spinal cord injury: experimental animal models and relation to human therapy / Stuart I. Hodgetts, Giles W. Plant and Alan R. Harvey -- Atlas of the rat spinal cord / Charles Watson ... [et al.] -- Atlas of the mouse spinal cord / Charles Watson ... [et al.] -- Toward a spinal cord ontology / Charles Watson and Amandeep Sidhu.
- Spinal imaging 2007, Springer
- Spinal trauma 2007, OvidPathophysiology of spinal cord injury / B. Timothy Himes -- The neurological evaluation and medical management of acute spinal cord injury / Anthony S. Burns and Ralph J. Marino -- Surgical treatment of spinal injury / Daniel R. Fassett and James S. Harrop -- Controversies in clearing the spine / C. Craig Blackmore and Ken F. Linnau -- Plain film radiography and computed tomography of the cervical spine. Part I. Normal anatomy and spinal injury identification / Alejandro Zuluaga Santamaria and Diego B. Núñez, Jr. -- Plain film radiography and computed tomography of the cervical spine. Part II. Classification and subtypes of spinal injury / Alejandro Zuluaga Santamaria and Diego B. Núñez, Jr. -- Imaging of thoracolumbar spinal injury / George Koulouris, Amy Y.I. Ting, and William B. Morrison -- Magnetic resonance imaging of acute spinal trauma / Adam E. Flanders -- Imaging of pediatric spinal trauma / Avrum N. Pollock and Stephen M. Henesch -- Postoperative spinal imaging / Ashwini D. Sharan, Hana Choe, and Laura Snyder -- Imaging of the previously injured spinal cord / Steven Falcone -- Experimental therapies for spinal cord injury / Marion Murray -- Experimental techniques of spinal imaging / Eric D. Schwartz.
- Springer series in computational neuroscience v. 1-, 2009-, Springer
- Status epilepticus 2005, SpringerHistory of status epilepticus / Peter W. Kaplan -- Types of status epilepticus: definitions and classification / Frank W. Drislane -- Differential diagnosis of status epilepticus; pseudostatus epilepticus / Barbara A. Dworetzky, Edward B. Bromfield -- The epidemiology of status epilepticus / Elizabeth J. Waterhouse -- The electroencephalogram in status epilepticus / Susan T. Herman -- Generalized convulsive status epilepticus: causes, systemic manifestations, and consequences / Bernard S. Chang -- Focal status epilepticus / Donald L. Schomer -- The Cellular physiology of status epilepticus / Omotola Hope, Hal Blumenfeld -- Cellular damage and the neuropathology of status epilepticus / Nathan B. Fountain -- Clinical presentations of nonconvulsive status epilepticus / Peter W. Kaplan -- Cognitive manifestations of status epilepticus: ictal aphasia, amnesia, and psychosis / Michael Benatar -- Nonconvulsive status epilepticus: morbidity and consequences / Frank W. Drislane -- Treatment of generalized convulsive status epilepticus / Tina Shih, Carl W. Bazil -- Treatment of refractory status epilepticus / Teresa L. Smith, Thomas P. Bleck -- Treatment of nonconvulsive status epilepticus / Frank W. Drislane -- Status epilepticus in children / James J. Riviello, Jr. -- Status epilepticus in neonates / John N. Gaitanis, James J. Riviello, Jr.
- Stem cells in reproduction and in the brain 2006, Springer
- Sticky synapse 2009, Springer
- STOP, THAT and one hundred other sleep scales 2012, Springer
- Stress hormones and post traumatic stress disorder 2007, ScienceDirect
- Stroke genomics 2005, Springer ProtocolsIntroduction to stroke genomics / Simon J. Read and Frank C. Barone -- Choice, methodology, and characterization of focal ischemic stroke models: the search for clinical relevance / David Virley -- Mutant animal models of stroke and gene expression: the stroke-prone spontaneously hypertensive rat / Hilary V. O. Carswell ... [et al.] -- Gene therapy in neurological disease / Midori A. Yenari and Robert M. Sapolsky -- Stem cell transplantation after middle cerebral artery occlusion / Paul Stroemer and Helen Hodges -- Endogenous brain protection: models, gene expression, and mechanisms / Frank C. Barone -- Production of transgenic and mutant mouse models / Alex Harper --3-nitropropionic acid model of metabolic stress: assessment by magnetic resonance imaging / Toby John Roberts -- Practicalities of genetic studies in human stroke / Ahamad Hassan and Hugh S. Markus -- Evaluation of the interactions of common genetic mutations in stroke / Zoltán Szolnoki -- Technologies of disease-related gene discovery using preclinical models of stroke / Xinkang Wang -- Quantitative analysis of gene transcription in stroke models using real-time RT-PCR / David C. Harrison and Brian C. Bond -- Effective analysis of genomic data / Paul R. Nelson, Andrew B. Goulter, and Richard J. Davis -- Bioinformatic approaches to assigning protein function from novel sequence data / David Michalovich and Richard Fagan -- Pragmatic target discovery from novel gene to functionally defined drug target: the interleukin-1 story / Stuart McRae Allen.
- Stroke prevention in clinical practice 2008, Springer
- Stroke recovery with cellular therapies 2008, SpringerSafety and efficacy of transplanting immortalized neural stem cells in stroke patients -- Transplantation of bone marrow stromal cells for the treatment of stroke -- Cord blood cells as a treatment for stroke -- Adipose-derived stem cells as a potential therapy for stroke -- Novel imaging modalities to monitor implanted embryonic stem cells in stroke -- Cell transplantation for intracerebral hemorrhage -- Therapeutic strategies employing endogenous neural stem cells in tissue remodeling following ischemic injury: the promise, the peril and novel future applications -- Ethics and stem cell research -- Special conditions in the design of clinical stroke trials for cell transplantation.
- Structural and functional organization of the synapse 2008, Springer
- Part I. Structure and ligands of NCAM. -- Structural biology of NCAM / Vladislav Soroka, Christina Kasper, Flemming M. Poulsen. -- Extracellular protein interactions mediated by the neural cell adhesion molecule, NCAM: heterophilic interactions between NCAM and cell adhesion molecules, extracellular matrix proteins, and viruses / Janne Nielsen, Nikolaj Kulahin, Peter S. Walmod. -- Intracellular (intracelluar) ligands of NCAM / Bettina Buttner, Rudiger horstkorte. -- Role of ATP in the regulation of NCAM function / Martin V. Hubschmann, Galina Skladchikova. -- Part II. NCAM and plysialic acid. -- Polysialylation of NCAM / Herbert Hildebrandt, Martina Muhlenhoff, Rita Gerardy-Schahn. -- Structural basis for the polysialylation of the neural cell adhesion molecule / Karen J. Colley. -- Role of PSA-NCAM in adult neurogenesis / Eduardo Gascon, Laszlo Vutskits, Jozsel Zoltan Kiss. -- Use of PSA-NCAM in repair of the central nervous system / Abderrahman El Maarouf, Urs Rutishauser. -- Part III. NCAM-mediated signal transduction. -- Signaling pathways involved in NCAM-induced neurite outgrowth / Dorte Kornerup Ditlevsen, Kateryna Kolkova. -- Role of the growth-associated protein GAP-43 in NCAM mediated neurite outgrowth / Irina Korshunova, Mark Mosevitski. -- Neural cell adhesion molecule NCAM and lipid rafts / Gro Klitgaard Povlsen, Dorte Kornerup Ditlevsen. -- Neural cell adhesion molecule and epidermal growth factor receptor: signaling crosstalk / Gro Klitgaard Polvsen. -- Part IV. NCAM metabolism. -- Biosynthesis of NCAM / Kateryna Kolkova. -- Soluble NCAM / Thomas Secher. -- Part V. NCAM, synapses, emotions, and memory. -- Role of NCAM in spine dynamics and synaptogenesis / D. Muller, P. Mendez, M. DeRoo, P. Klauser, S. Steen, and L. Poglia. -- NCAM in long-term potentiation and learning / Barbara P. Hartz, Lars Christian B. Roon. -- Role of NCAM in emotion and learning / Lisa Conboy, Reto Bisaz, Kamila Markram, Carment Sandi. -- Part VI. NCAM in disease. -- NCAM in neuropsychiatric and neurodegenerative disorders / Leann H. Brennaman, Patricia F. Maness. -- Neural cell adhesion molecule in cancer: expression and mechanisms / Silvia Zecchini, Ugo Caallaro. -- Part VII. Pharmacology of NCAM: NCAM mimetics. -- NCAM mimetic peptides: an update / Vladimir Berezin, Elisabeth Bock. -- Synthetic NCAM-derived ligands of the fibroblast growth factor receptor / Stine maria Hansen, Shizhong Li, Elisabeth Bock, Vladimir Berezin. -- Dendritic spine and synapse morphological alterations induced by neural cell adhesion molecule mimetic / Michael Stewart, Victor Popov, Nikolai Medvedev, Paul Giabbon, Nicola Corbett, Igor Kraev, Heather Davies. -- Part VIII. Orthologs and paralogs of NCAM. -- Fasciclin II: the NCAM ortholog in Drosophila melanogaster / Lars V. Kristiansen, Michael Hortsch. -- Neural cell adhesion molecule NCAM2/OCAM/RNCAM, a close relative to NCAM / Nikolaj Kulahin, Peter S. Walmod. -- Part IX. Conclusion. -- Honoring Dr. Elisabeth Bock / Vladimir Berezin.
- Structure of enteric neurons 2006, Springer
- Study of dyslexia 2004, Springer
- Successful private practice in neuropsychology 2003, ScienceDirect
- Superior colliculus 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Suppressing the mind 2010, Springer
- Surgery for sleep disordered breathing. 2nd ed. 2010, SpringerSleep Disordered Breathing / Kerstin Rohde and Thomas Verse -- General Aspects of Therapy / Thomas Verse -- Identifying the Site of Obstruction / Joachim T. Maurer and Thomas Verse -- Nasal Surgery / Thomas Verse and Wolfgang Pirsig -- Nasopharyngeal Surgery / Thomas Verse and Wolfgang Pirsig -- Palatal Surgery / Thomas Verse, Wolfgang Pirsig and Joachim T. Maurer -- Lower Pharyngeal Airway Procedures / Boris A. Stuck, Thomas Verse, Nico de Vries and Joachim T. Maurer -- Maxillofacial Surgeries / Thomas Verse and Thomas Hierl -- Laryngeal OSA / Thomas Verse -- Multilevel Surgery / Thomas Verse -- Tracheotomy / Thomas Verse and Wolfgang Pirsig -- Bariatric Surgery / Helge Kleinhans and Thomas Verse -- Anesthesiologic Airway Management / Harald V. Genzwuerker.
- Surgery for sleep-disordered breathing 2005, Springer
- Synaptic plasticity 2012, SpringerPart 1. Molecular organization of the pre- and postsynaptic scaffold -- Glutamate Receptors in Synaptic Assembly and Plasticity: Case Studies on Fly NMJs -- Scaffold Proteins at the Postsynaptic Density -- Diversity of Metabotropic Glutamate Receptor-Interacting Proteins and Pathophysiological Functions -- Regulation of the Actin Cytoskeleton in Dendritic Spines -- Synaptic Cell Adhesion Molecules -- Part 2. Molecular dynamics of the synapse -- Molecular Dynamics of the Excitatory Synapse -- The Brain's Extracellular Matrix and Its Role in Synaptic Plasticity -- Molecular Motors in Cargo Trafficking and Synapse Assembly -- Surface Traffic in Synaptic Membranes -- Synaptic Protein Degradation in Memory Reorganization -- AMPA Receptor Assembly: Atomic Determinants and Built-In Modulators -- Developmental Plasticity of the Dendritic Compartment: Focus on the Cytoskeleton -- Dendritic mRNA Targeting and Translation -- Gliotransmission and the Tripartite Synapse -- Part 3. Synapse-to-nucleus communication -- Roles of Neuronal Activity-Induced Gene Products in Hebbian and Homeostatic Synaptic Plasticity, Tagging, and Capture -- Long-Distance Signaling from Synapse to Nucleus via Protein Messengers -- Nuclear Calcium Signaling -- Integrating Neurotransmission in Striatal Medium Spiny Neurons -- Part 4.; Synaptic dysfunction and Synaptopathies -- Synaptic Dysfunction and Intellectual Disability -- Synaptic Pathology of Down Syndrome -- The Synaptic Pathology of Drug Addiction -- Synaptic Dysfunction in Schizophrenia -- Molecular and Cellular Aspects of Mental Retardation in the Fragile X Syndrome: From Gene Mutation/s to Spine Dysmorphogenesis -- Synaptic Dysfunction in Parkinson's Disease -- Synaptic Dysfunction in Alzheimer's Disease.
- Synaptic plasticity and the mechanism of Alzheimer's disease 2008, Springer
- Synaptic plasticity and transsynaptic signaling 2005, Springer
- Synaptic plasticity in pain 2009, Springer
- Systems neuroscience and rehabilitation 2011, Springer
- Textbook of traumatic brain injury. 2nd ed. 2011, PsychiatryOnlineAs soldiers and combat veterans have returned from the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan traumatic brain injury (TBI) has been identified as the "signature injury" of those wars. TBI is also in the news on a daily basis due to sports injuries. This new edition has been revised and updated from the 2005 first edition to reflect the exponential expansion of research and clinical data amassed in the intervening years. Each chapter was written and reviewed by the foremost authorities in neuropsychiatry, neurology, rehabilitation medicine, and the other specialties who assess, diagnose, and treat these patients. The revisions and additions to this comprehensive volume were made to ensure that the scope and coverage is both up-to-date and down-to-earth. Key features include: New chapters on epidemiology, neuropathology, and genetics of TBI; new chapter on TBI in the military emphasizing the unique feature of blast injury; A new chapter on posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD), which emphasizes the common co-occurrence of TBI and PTSD in both combat and other settings; Enhanced coverage of psychopharmacology and psychotherapy for the psychiatric symptoms associated with TBI; Information on the social ramifications of TBI so that clinicians will better understand and help their patients cope with the complex legal, financial, and insurance-based struggles their patients who have sustained TBI encounter; Each chapter concludes with essential points and key references to focus attention and consolidate learning; A foreword written by Bob Woodruff (the ABC World News correspondent who sustained a TBI while covering the war in Iraq) and his wife, Lee Woodruff, who underscore that although this volume is intended to be read primarily by professionals, patients and families may also find the information in the textbook to be of keen interest and practical application.
- Therapeutic ribonucleic acids in brain tumors 2009, Springer
- Therapy in sleep medicine 2012, ScienceDirectIntroduction to sleep medicine -- Background to sleep medicine therapeutics -- Pharmacology principles -- Insomnias -- Sleep-related breathing disorders -- Central hypersomnolence -- Movement disorders affecting sleep -- Circadian rhythm disorders -- Therapy in pediatric sleep-related disorders -- Parasomnias in adults -- Sleep-related medical disorders -- Neurologic disorders and sleep -- Therapy of sleep disturbances associated with psychiatric disorders -- Special situations and the future -- Appendix: Effects of drugs on sleep.
- Thrombolytic therapy for acute stroke. 2nd ed. 2005, Springer
- TIA as acute cerebrovascular syndrome 2014, KargerHistory of transient ischemic attack definition / Mohr, J.P. -- The concept of acute cerebrovascular syndrome / Uchiyama, S. -- Transient ischemic attack as a medical emergency / Okada, Y. -- TIA clinic : a major advance in management of transient ischemic attacks / Lavalle, P.; Amarenco, P. -- Risk scores for transient ischemic attack / Wolf, M.E.; Held, V.E.; Hennerici, M.G. -- Epidemiology of transient ischemic attack / Kokubo, Y. -- Symptoms of transient ischemic attack / Kim, J.S. -- Guidelines for management of patients with transient ischemic attack / Uehara, T.; Minematsu, K. -- Radiological examinations of transient ischemic attack / Tung, C.E.; Olivot, J.M.; Albers, G.W. -- Neurosonological examinations of transient ischemic attack / Sharma, V.K.; Wong, K.S.L. -- Stroke subtypes and interventional studies for transient ischemic attack / Lavalle, P.; Amarenco, P. -- Antithrombotic therapy in transient ischemic attack patients / Held, V.E.; Wolf, M.E.; Hennerici, M.G.
- Toll-like receptors 2009, Springer
- Electroconvulsive therapy : update and new research / Eser, D. ... [et al.] -- Repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation effects in vitro and in animal models / Keck, M.E. -- Neuroimaging of repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation effects on the brain / George, M.S. ... [et al.] -- Efficacy and safety of prefrontal repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation in affective disorders / Padberg, F. ... [et al.] -- Repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation in augmentation of antidepressant drugs / Ortega Rumi, D.O. ... [et al.] -- Transcranial magnetic stimulation versus electroconvulsive therapy for the treatment of more severe major depression / Janicak, P.G. ... [et al.] -- Transcranial magnetic stimulation in schizophrenia / Odebrecht Rosa, M. ... [et al.] --Repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation in the treatment of obsessive-compulsive disorder and other anxiety disorders / Pridmore, S., Marcolin, M.A., Mansur, C.G. -- Repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation in non-psychiatric disorders : pain, Parkinson's disease, stroke, tinnitus / Lefaucheur, J.-P, Khedr, E.M. -- Induction and modulation of neuroplasticity by transcranial direct current stimulation / Nitsche, M.A. ... [et al.] -- Magnetic seizure therapy for the treatment of depression / Lisanby, S.H., Peterchev, A. -- Theta burst stimulation / Huang, Y.-Z., Rothwell, J.C. -- Transcranial magnetic stimulation of deep brain regions : principles and methods / Roth, Y., Padberg, F., Zangen, A.
- Translational stroke research 2012, Springerpt. 1.Theoretical Overview --Vascular Targets for Ischemic Stroke Treatment /Sara Morales Palomares and Marilyn J. Cipolla --Identifying Vascular Targets to Treat Hemorrhagic Stroke /Paul A. Lapchak --Experimental Platforms for Assessing White Matter Pathophysiology in Stroke /Ken Arai, Loc-Duyen D. Pham and Eng H. Lo --Neuroprotection in Stroke /Aarti Sarwal, Muhammad Shazam Hussain and Ashfaq Shuaib.pt. 2.Mechanisms & Targets --Protein Aggregation and Multiple Organelle Damage After Brain Ischemia /Chunli H. Liu, Fan Zhang, Tibor Krisrian, Brian Polster and Gary M. Fiskum, et al. --Antioxidants and Stroke: Success and Pitfalls /Fernanda M. F. Roleira, Elisiário J. Tavares-da-Silva, Jorge Garrido and Fernanda Borges --Caspase-Independent Stroke Targets /Ruoyang Shi, Jiequn Weng, Paul Szelemej and Jiming Kong --Hypoxia-Inducible Factor: A New Hope to Counteract Stroke /Chunhua Chen and Changman Zhou --Thrombin in Ischemic Stroke Targeting /Bo Chen --Toll-Like Receptor Agonists as Antecedent Therapy for Ischemic Brain Injury: Advancing Preclinical Studies to the Nonhuman Primate /Frances Rena Bahjat, Keri B. Vartanian, G. Alexander West and Mary P. Stenzel-Poore --Angiogenesis and Arteriogenesis as Stroke Targets /Jieli Chen and Michael Chopp --Hematopoietic Growth Factor Family for Stroke Drug Development /Ihsan Solaroglu and Murat Digicaylioglu --Soluble Epoxide Hydrolase as a Stroke Target /Jonathan W. Nelson and Nabil J. Alkayed --Membrane Potential as Stroke Target /Jens P. Dreier, Maren Winkler, Dirk Wiesenthal, Michael Scheel and Clemens Reiffurth --Hypothermia to Identify Therapeutic Targets for Stroke Treatment /Masaaki Hokari and Midori A. Yenari --Stroke Preconditioning to Identify Endogenous Protective or Regenerative Mechanisms /Liren Qian, Prativa Sherchan and Xuejun Sun --microRNAs in Ischemic Brain: The Fine-Tuning Specialists and Novel Therapeutic Targets /Ashutosh Dharap, Venkata P. Nakka and Raghu Vemuganti --Neuroglobin: A Novel Target for Endogenous Neuroprotection /Zhanyang Yu, Ning Liu and Xiaoying Wang --Characterization of Novel Neuroprotective Lipid Analogues for the Treatment of Stroke /Pamela Maher, Alain César Biraboneye and Jean-Louis Kraus --Na+/H+ Exchangers as Therapeutic Targets for Cerebral Ischemia /Yejie Shi and Dandan Sun --Iron as a Therapeutic Target in Intracerebral Hemorrhage: Preclinical Testing of Deferoxamine /Ya Hua, Richard F. Keep, Yuxiang Gu and Guohua Xi --Potential Therapeutic Targets for Cerebral Resuscitation After Global Ischemia /Yan Xu --The Splenic Response to Ischemic Stroke: Neuroinflammation, Immune Cell Migration, and Experimental Approaches to Defining Cellular Mechanisms /Christopher C. Leonardo, Hilary Seifert and Keith R. Pennypacker.pt. 3.Translational Models --Overcoming Barriers to Translation from Experimental Stroke Models /Ludmila Belayev --Animal Models of Stroke for Preclinical Drug Development: A Comparative Study of Flavonols for Cytoprotection /Carli L. Roulston, Sarah McCann, Robert M. Weston and Bevyn Jarrott --Clinical Relevance in a Translational Rodent Model of Acute Ischemic Stroke: Incorporating the Biological Variability of Spontaneous Recanalization /Kama Guluma --A Clinically Relevant Rabbit Embolic Stroke Model for Acute Ischemic Stroke Therapy Development: Mechanisms and Targets /Paul A. Lapchak --Animal Models of Intracranial Aneurysms /Elena I. Liang, Hiroshi Makino, Yoshiteru Tada, Kosuke Wada and Tomoki Hashimoto --Animal Models of SAH and Their Translation to Clinical SAH /Tommaso Zoerle and R. Loch Macdonald.pt. 4.De-risking of Drug Candidates --ADME (Absorption, Distribution, Metabolism, Excretion): The Real Meaning-Avoiding Disaster and Maintaining Efficacy for Preclinical Candidates /Katya Tsaioun and Steven A. Kates --CeeTox Analysis to De-risk Drug Development: The Three Antioxidants (NXY-059, Radicut, and STAZN) /Paul A. Lapchak.pt. 5.Therapy Delivery --Site-Specific, Sustained-Release Drug Delivery for Subarachnoid Hemorrhage /R. Loch Macdonald --Therapeutic Potential of Intranasal Delivery of Drugs and Cells for Stroke and Other Neurological Diseases /Heyu Chen, Caibin Sheng, Weiliang Xia and Weihai Ying.pt. 6.Therapy Development --High-Dose Albumin for Neuroprotection in Acute Ischemic Stroke: From Basic Investigations to Multicenter Clinical Trial /Myron D. Ginsberg --The Translation Procedure of Low-Level Laser Therapy in Acute Ischemic Stroke: A Nonpharmaceutics Noninvasive Method /Yair Lampl --Use of Microbubbles in Acute Stroke /Marta Rubiera and Carlos A. Molina --Transcranial High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound for Sonothrombolysis in Stroke /Thilo Hölscher, Golnaz Ahadi, Daniel Lotz, Cheryl Schendel and David Fisher, et al. --Cellular Therapy for Ischemic Stroke /Todd Deveau, Shan Ping Yu and Ling Wei.pt. 7.Clinical Trial Design --Repair-Based Therapies After Stroke /Steven C. Cramer --A Critical Review of Stroke Trial Analytical Methodology: Outcome Measures, Study Design, and Correction for Imbalances /Pitchaiah Mandava, Chase S. Krumpelman, Santosh B. Murthy and Thomas A. Kent --Metabolic Imaging in Translational Stroke Research /Krishna A. Dani and Keith W. Muir --Computational Analysis: A Bridge to Translational Stroke Treatment /Nirmalya Ghosh, Yu Sun, Christine Turenius, Bir Bhanu and Andre Obenaus, et al. --Innovations in Stroke Clinical Trial Design /Karen L. Furie, Michael K. Parides and Michael K. Parides.Pt. 1. Theoretical overview -- pt. 2. Mechanisms and targets -- pt. 3. Translational models -- pt. 4. De-risking of drug candidates -- pt. 5. Therapy delivery -- pt. 6. Therapy development -- pt. 7. Clinical trial design.
- Transmitters and modulators in health and disease 2009, Springer
- Traumatic brain injury 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Traumatic brain injury 2012, Springer
- Traumatic brain injury. 2nd ed. 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Traumatic brain injury. 3rd ed. 2010, CRCnetBASE
- Anatomical overview of the central and peripheral nervous system -- Physiology of the nervous system -- Characterization of tremor -- Principal disorders associated with tremor -- Quantification of tremor -- Mechanisms of tremor -- Treatments.
- Tumors of the brain and spine 2007, Springer
- Tumors of the central nervous system v. 1-, 2011-, SpringerPt. 1. Astrocytomas : diagnosis and biomarkers -- pt. 2. Astrocytomas : therapy -- pt. 3. Astrocytomas : prognosis -- pt. 4. Hemangioblastoma -- pt. 5. Ganglioglioma -- pt. 6. Spinal Tumors (Part 1) -- pt. 7. Meningiomas and Schwannomas -- pt. 8. Astrocytoma, Medulloblastoma, Retinoblastoma, Chordoma, Craniopharyngioma, Oligodendroglioma, and Ependymoma.
- Tumors of the central nervous system. Vol. 1-2, Gliomas, glioblastoma v. 1-, 2011-, Springerv. 2, 2012 Springer
- Tumors of the central nervous system. Vol. 3-4, Brain tumors Part 1-2 2011-12, Springerv. 4 Springer
- Tumors of the central nervous system. Vol. 5, Astrocytomas, hemangioblastomas, and gangliogliomas 2012, Springer
- Tumors of the central nervous system. Vol. 8, Astrocytoma, medulloblastoma, retinoblastoma, chordoma, craniopharyngioma, oligodendroglioma, and ependymona 2012, Springer
- Tumors of the central nervous system. Vol. 9, Lymphoma, supratentorial tumors, glioneuronal tumors, gangliogliomas, neuroblastoma in adults, astrocytomas, ependymomas, hemangiomas, and craniopharyngiomas 2012, SpringerThe ninth volume in this essential series discusses key advances in our understanding of neoplasms in the human central nervous system. This publication deals with various aspects of nine separate types of brain tumors. With 70 contributors from 17 nations, this edition offers an unrivalled thoroughness and breadth of coverage that includes the very latest research results on the following tumor types: astrocytoma, lymphoma, supratentorial and glioneuronal tumors, gangliogliomas, neuroblastoma in adults, hemangioma, and ependymoma.The content introduces new technologies and their applications
- Understanding autism 2006, CRCnetBASEIntegrating basic and clinical neuroscience perspectives, this book presents a comprehensive perspective on state-of-the-art research in epidemiology, genetics, and clinical neuroscience and neural systems implicated in autism. This book seeks to stimulate new directions for autism research on etiology, pathophysiology, and the development of new drug treatment. An underlying theme focuses on the potential for future research given the availability of the human, mouse, and other genomes. The text also explores the role of autism in society, including health economics and advocacy issues of interest to legislators.
- Understanding emotions. 1st ed. 2006, ScienceDirect
- Universes in delicate balance 2002, ScienceDirect
- Vascular dementia 2005, SpringerThe aging population and the importance of vascular dementia / Kelly L. Lange and Robert H. Paul -- Clinical forms of vascular dementia / Gustavo C. Román -- Neuropathological substrates of vascular ischemic dementia / Kurt A. Jellinger -- Diagnosis of vascular dementia : conceptual challenges / José G. Merino and Vladimir Hachinski -- Cerebral hemodynamics in the elderly / Jorge M. Serrador and Lewis A. Lipsitz -- The cadasil syndrome and other genetic causes of stroke and vascular dementia / Stephen Salloway and Sophie Desbiens -- Estrogen, the cerebrovascular system, and dementia / Sharon X.C. Yang and George A. Kuchel -- Hypertension and cerebrovascular disease : effects of hypertension on young and middle-aged rhesus monkeys / Mark B. Moss and Elizabeth M. Jonak -- The cognitive profile of vascular dementia / Angela Lee Jefferson ... [et al.] -- Progression of cognitive impairments associated with cerebrovascular disease / Sally Stephens ... [et al.] -- Neuropsychiatric correlates of vascular injury : vascular dementia and related neurobehavioral syndromes / Anand Kumar, Helen Lavretsky, and Ebrahim Haroon -- Functional impairment in vascular dementia / Patricia A. Boyle and Deborah Cahn-Weiner -- Functional brain imaging of cerebrovascular disease / Ronald Cohen ... [et al.] -- Contributions of subcortical lacunar infarcts to cognitive impairment in older persons / Dan Mungas --White matter hyperintensities and cognition / David J. Moser, Jason E. Kanz, and Kelly Davis Garrett -- Poststroke dementia : the role of strategic infarcts / Anelyssa D'Abreu and Brian R. Ott -- Understanding incidence and prevalence rates in mixed dementia / John Gunstad and Jeffery Browndyke -- Vascular basement membrane abnormalities and alzheimer's disease / Edward G. Stopa, Brian D. Zipser, and John E. Donahue -- Amyloid beta and the cerebral vasculature / Paula Grammas -- Cerebrovascular disease and the expression of Alzheimer's disease / Margaret M. Esiri and Zsuzsanna Nagy -- The neuropsychological differentiation between Alzheimer's disease and subcortical vascular dementia / David J. Libon ... [et al.] -- Pharmacological treatment of vascular dementia / Timo Erkinjuntti ... [et al.] -- Understanding and managing caregiver burden in cerebrovascular disease / Geoffrey Tremont, Jennifer Duncan Davis, and Mary Beth Spitznagel -- Quality of life in patients with vascular dementia / Rebecca E. Ready and Brian R. Ott -- Approaches to neuroprotection and recovery enhancement after acute stroke / Marc Fisher and Magdy Selim.
- Vestibular evoked myogenic potential 2009, Springer
- Vision 2001, ScienceDirect
- Visions 2003, ScienceDirect
- Visual Perception pt. 1-2., ScienceDirectFulltext (pt. 2) ScienceDirectPt. 1. Fundamentals of vision: low and mid-level processes in perception -- Pt. 2. Fundamentals of awareness: multi-sensory integration and high-order perception.
- V. 1 --Sect. IVisual sensory system --Sect. IIThe Autonomic nervous system --Sect. IIIThe Ocular motor system --Sect. IVThe Eyelid --Sect. VFacial pain and headache --Sect. VINonorganic disease --V. II --Sect. VIITumors --Sect. VIIIThe Phacomatoses --Sect. IXVascular disease --V. III --Sect. XDegenerative and metabolic diseases --Sect. XIInfectious, inflammatory, and demyelinating diseases.
- Astrocytic Tumours -- Oligodendroglial Tumours -- Ependymal Tumours -- Choroid Plexus Tumours -- Other Neuroepithelial Tumours -- Neuronal and Mixed Neuronal- Glial Tumours -- Tumours of the Pineal Region -- Embryonal Tumours -- Tumours of the Cranial and Paraspinal Nerves -- Meningeal Tumours -- Tumours of the Haematopoietic System -- Germ Cell Tumours -- Familial Tumour Syndromes involving the Nervous System -- Tumours of the Sellar Region --Metastatic Tumours of the CNS.
- Your brain and your self 2009, SpringerThe controversial seat of myself -- A simple architecture of the brain -- Seeing through oneself : brain imaging -- Dispersed memories -- The prevention of Parkinson Disease -- The treatment of Alzheimer Disease -- The cerebrovascular accident -- The fatality of tumors -- Altered states of consciousness -- The myth of the artificial brain -- The power and the fragility of oneself.
- Zebrafish neurobehavioral protocols 2011, Springer ProtocolsVideo-Aided Analysis of Zebrafish Locomotion and Anxiety-Related Behavioral Responses / Jonathan M. Cachat, Peter R. Canavello, Salem I. Elkhayat, Brett K. Bartels, Peter C. Hart, Marco F. Elegante, Esther C. Beeson, Autumn L. Laffoon, Whitlee A.M. Haymore, David H. Tien, Anna K. Tien, Sopan Mohnot, Allan V. Kalueff -- Videograms: A Method for Repeatable Unbiased Quantitative Behavioral Analysis Without Scoring or Tracking / Russell C. Wyeth, Oliver R. Braubach, Alan Fine, Roger P. Croll -- Automated Imaging of Avoidance Behavior in Larval Zebrafish / Ruth M. Colwill, Robbert Creton -- Quantifying Anti-predator Responses to Chemical Alarm Cues / Brian D. Wisenden -- Modified Associative Learning T-Maze Test for Zebrafish (Danio rerio) and Other Small Teleost Fish / Georgianna G. Gould -- Zebrafish Conditioned Place Preference Models of Drug Reinforcement and Relapse to Drug Seeking / Amit Parmar, Miral Parmar, Caroline H. Brennan -- A Simple and Effective Method to Condition Olfactory Behaviors in Groups of Zebrafish / Oliver R. Braubach, Russell C. Wyeth, Andrew Murray, Alan Fine, Roger P. Croll -- Aquatic Light/Dark Plus Maze Novel Environment for Assessing Anxious Versus Exploratory Behavior in Zebrafish (Danio rerio) and Other Small Teleost Fish / Georgianna G. Gould -- A Novel Test Battery to Assess Drug-Induced Changes in Zebrafish Social Behavior / David J. Echevarria, Christine Buske, Christina N. Toms, David J. Jouandot -- Measuring Agonistic Behavior in Zebrafish / Henning Schneider -- Measuring Endocrine (Cortisol) Responses of Zebrafish to Stress / Peter R. Canavello, Jonathan M. Cachat, Esther C. Beeson, Autumn L. Laffoon, Chelsea Grimes, Whitlee A.M. Haymore, Marco F. Elegante, Brett K. Bartels, Peter C. Hart, Salem I. Elkhayat, David H. Tien, Sopan Mohnot, Hakima Amri, Allan V. Kalueff -- Phenotyping of Zebrafish Homebase Behaviors in Novelty-Based Tests / Adam Stewart, Jonathan M. Cachat, Keith Wong, Nadine Wu, Leah Grossman, Christopher Suciu, Jason Goodspeed, Marco F. Elegante, Brett K. Bartels, Salem I. Elkhayat, David H. Tien, Siddharth Gaikwad, Ferdous Kadri, Kyung Min Chung, Julia Tan, Ashley Denmark, Thomas Gilder, John DiLeo, Katie Chang, Kevin Frank, Eli Utterback, Patrick Viviano, Allan V. Kalueff -- Neurophenotyping of Adult Zebrafish Using the Light/Dark Box Paradigm / Adam Stewart, Caio Maximino, Thiago Marques de Brito, Anderson Manoel Herculano, Amauri Gouveia, Silvio Morato, Jonathan M. Cachat, Siddharth Gaikwad, Marco F. Elegante, Peter C. Hart, Allan V. Kalueff -- Intraperitoneal Injection as a Method of Psychotropic Drug Delivery in Adult Zebrafish / Adam Stewart, Jonathan M. Cachat, Christopher Suciu, Peter C. Hart, Siddharth Gaikwad, Eli Utterback, John DiLeo, Allan V. Kalueff -- Assessing the Maximum Predictive Validity for Neuropharmacological Anxiety Screening Assays Using Zebrafish / Amanda Linker, Adam Stewart, Siddharth Gaikwad, Jonathan M. Cachat, Marco F. Elegante, Allan V. Kalueff, Jason E. Warnick -- Deconstructing Adult Zebrafish Behavior with Swim Trace Visualizations / Jonathan M. Cachat, Adam Stewart, Eli Utterback, Evan Kyzar, Peter C. Hart, Dillon Carlos, Siddharth Gaikwad, Molly Hook, Kathryn Rhymes, Allan V. Kalueff.
- 20 years of computational neuroscienc...
- — Decision making ........................
- Deep brain stimulation .................
- — Integrated cytology of cerebrospinal ...
- Integrative pain medicine ..............
- — Neurotransmitter interactions and cog...
- Neurotrauma ............................
- — Zebrafish neurobehavioral protocols ....
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
1st ed. [print] 2013
Author: Ofri, Danielle