Books by Subject
- 20 years of computational neuroscienc...
- — Decision making ........................
- Deep brain stimulation .................
- — Integrated cytology of cerebrospinal ...
- Integrative pain medicine ..............
- — Neurotransmitter interactions and cog...
- Neurotrauma ............................
- — Zebrafish neurobehavioral protocols ....
- Integrative pain medicine 2008, Springer
- Interaction between neurons and glia in aging and disease 2007, Springer
- Intervening in the brain 2007, Springer
- Intra-operative neuropathology for the non-neuropathologist 2012, Springer
- Intracellular mechanisms for neuritogenesis 2007, Springer
- Intracerebral hemorrhage research 2011, Springer
- Intracranial pressure and brain monitoring XIII 2008, Springer
- Intraoperative imaging 2011, SpringerFrom vision to reality: the origins of intraoperative MR imaging -- Development of intraoperative MRI: a personal journey -- Lows and highs: 15 years of development in intraoperative magnetic resonance imaging -- Intraoperative imaging in neurosurgery: where will the future take us? -- Development and design of low field compact intraoperative MRI for standard operating room -- Low field intraoperative MRI in glioma surgery -- Intraoperative MRI (ioMRI) in the setting of awake craniotomies for supratentorial glioma resection -- Glioma extent of resection and ultra-low-field iMRI: interim analysis of a prospective randomized trial -- Impact of a low-field intraoperative MRI on the surgical results for high-grade gliomas -- Intraoperative MRI and functional mapping -- Information-guided surgical management of gliomas using low-field-strength intraoperative MRI -- Implementation of the ultra low field intraoperative MRI PoleStar N20 during resection control of pituitary adenomas -- Intraoperative MRI for stereotactic biopsy -- The evolution of iMRI utilization for pediatric neurosurgery: a single center experience -- Implementation and preliminary clinical experience with the use of ceiling mounted mobile high field intraoperative magnetic resonance imaging between two operating rooms -- High-field iMRI in glioblastoma surgery: improvement of resection radicality and survival for the patient? -- Image guided aneurysm surgery in a Brainsuite ioMRI Miyabi 1.5 T environment -- From intraoperative angiography to advanced intraoperative imaging: the Geneva experience -- Intraoperative magnetic resonance imaging -- 3 T ioMRI: the Istanbul experience --Intraoperative 3.0 T magnetic resonance imaging using a dual-independent room: long-term evaluation of time-cost, problems, and learning-curve effect -- Multifunctional surgical suite (MFSS) with 3.0 T iMRI: 17 months of experience -- Intraoperative MRI at 3.0 Tesla: a movable magnet -- One year experience with 3.0 T intraoperative MRI in pituitary surgery -- Intraoperative computed tomography -- Intraoperative CT in spine surgery -- O-arm guided balloon kyphaplasty: preliminary experience of 16 consecutive patients -- Intraoperative imaging with 3D ultrasound in neurosurgery -- Intraoperative 3-dimensional ultrasound for resection control during brain tumor removal: preliminary results of a prospective randomized study -- Advantages and limitations of intraoperative 3D ultrasound in neurosurgery: technical note -- Integrated intraoperative room design -- Multimodal navigation integrated with imaging -- Multimodality imaging suite: neo-futuristic diagnostic imaging operating suite marks a significant milestone for innovation in medical technology -- Improving patient safety in the intraoperative MRI suite suing an on-duty safety nurse, safety manual and checklist -- Operating room integration and telehealth -- Intraoperative robotics: NeuroArm -- Clinical requirements and possible applications of robot assisted endoscopy in skull base and sinus surgery -- Robotic technology in spine surgery: current applications and future developments -- Microscope integrated indocyanine green video-angiography in cerebrovascular surgery -- Application of intraoperative indocyanine green angiography for CNS tumors: results on the first 100 cases -- A technical description of the brain tumor window model: an in vivo model for the evaluation of intraoperative contrast agents.
- Intraoperative neurophysiological monitoring. 2nd ed. 2006, Springer
- Introduction to dynamic modeling of neuro-sensory systems 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Introduction to epilepsy 2006, NCBI Bookshelf
- Introduction to psychoneuroimmunology 2004, ScienceDirectHistorical antecedents -- Immune system basics -- Endocrine-immune modulation -- Neuro-immune modulation -- Stress, contextual change, and disease -- Psychosocial stress: neuroendocrine and immune effects -- Infection, allergy, and psychosocial stress -- Cancer, autoimmunity, and psychosocial stress -- Immune activity and psychopathology -- Immune function enhancement -- Integration and implications.
- Invariants of behavior 2011, Springer
- Is soccer bad for children's heads? 2002, NAP
- Kernicterus 2011, SpringerPrologue: World Health Concerns -- History of Bilirubin -- Biochemistry and Physiology of Bilirubin -- Premature Birth -- Erythroblastosis Fetalis -- The Gunn Rat Model -- Crigler-Najjar Syndrome -- Neuropathology of Kernicterus -- Bilirubin and Energy Metabolism -- Jaundice and Other Biochemical Changes -- Breast Milk Jaundice -- Jaundice in Malaria -- Jaundice in Congenital Hypertrophic Pyloric Stenosis -- Phototherapy for Hyperbilirubinemia -- Non-phototherapy Treatment -- Hyperbilirubinemia Revisited -- Auditory Brainstem Response -- Progressive Familial Intrahepatic Cholestasis -- Kernicterus in Older Children and Adults -- Cerebral Palsy and Counseling -- Neurological Sequelae from Jaundice -- Neurobehavioral Teratology -- Gene Therapy for Hyperbilirubinemia -- Epilogue: Comments and Future Directions.
- Keyhole approaches in neurosurgery 2008, Springerv. 1. Concept and surgical technique.
- Kindling. 6 2005, SpringerDevelopmental temporal lobe epilepsy in amygdala kindled kittens: an update -- Prenatal betamethasone exposure suppresses kindling epileptogenesis in immature rats -- Development of kindling in immature fast and slow kindling rats -- Neonatal heat-induced convulsions affect behaviours in neonatal, juvenile and adult rats -- Experimental absence versus amygdaloid kindling -- Pentylenetetrazol-induced kindling as a model of absence and convulsive forms of epilepsy -- Sodium current properties in different models of epilepsy -- Kindling the gabaergic phenotype of the glutamatergic granule cells -- Hippocampal kindling and GABA receptor functions -- Altered interaction between the entorhinal cortex and hippocampus in amygdala kindled rats -- Nature and consequences of seizures originating in the brainstem --Involvement in the claustrum and ventromedial thalamus in epileptogenesis -- From ultrastructure to networks: kindling-induced changes in neocortex -- Kindling as a tool for studying the role of subcortical structures in limbic seizures -- Kindling, epilepsy, and the plasticity of network synchronization -- Electrophysiological and anatomical differences, behavioral comorbidities and gene expression in fast and slow kindling rat strains -- Gene expression changes in kindling -- A proteomic approach to the molecular analysis of kindling -- Amygdala metabotropic glutamate receptors and kindling -- Induction of B₁ bradykinin receptors in the kindled brain -- Galanin and kindling -- Kindling, neurotrophins and axon-guidance factors -- Conditional deletion of TRKB prevents epileptogenesis in the kindling model -- Neuropeptide Y and its receptors in kindling epileptogenesis -- Contribution of pre kindling affective state to hemispheric differences in the effects on anxiety of basolateral amygdala kindling -- Effects of kindling on spatial memory: characteristics and mechanisms -- A potential role for the hippocampus in the expression of kindling-induced fear --Does inadvertent conditioning contribute to the major features of kindling? -- Contingent tolerance and cross tolerance to anticonvulsant effects in amygdala-kindled seizures: mechanistic and clinical implications -- Mechanisms of pharmacoresistance in the phenytoin-resistant kindled wistar rat -- Development of new anticonvulsants using the kindling model -- Cannabinoids and kindling -- Low frequency sine wave stimulation decreases the incidence of kindled seizures -- Predisposed susceptibility in primate epileptogenesis and anti-epileptogenesis -- Natural history of mesial temporal lobe epilepsy with hippocampal sclerosis: how does kindling compare with other commonly used animal models -- Clinical evidence of epilepsy-related plasticity -- Pathological sensitization of the dopamine system in experimental epileptogenesis: implication for the mechanism of epileptic psychosis.
- Kisspeptin signaling in reproductive biology 2013, Springer
- Language and the brain 2000, ScienceDirect
- Learning neuroimaging 2012, Springer
- Leptomeningeal metastases 2005, Springer
- Lipid mediators and their metabolism in the brain 2011, Springer
- Literary medicine 2013, KargerMadness in Blaise Cendrars' novels : Moravagine and company / Tatu, L., Bogousslavsky, J. -- Balzac's Louis Lambert : schizophrenia before Kraepelin and Bleuler / Dieguez, S. -- Hysteria in fin de sicle French novels / Walusinski, O. -- The Nadja case / Bogousslavsky, J. -- The Great neurosis of Dr. Joseph Gerard / Lefrère, J.-J., Rouillon, F. -- Psychopathic characters in fiction / Piechowski-Jozwiaka, B., Bougousslavsky J. -- Misidentifications in Pirandello's plays and short stories / Paciaroni, M., Kilcline, T. -- Doubles everywhere : literary contributions to the study of the bodily self / Dieguez, S. -- Van Gogh's disease in light of his correspondence / Voskuil, P.H.A. -- Migraine and methaphor / Haan, J. -- Stranger than fiction : literary and clinical amnesia / Dieguez, S., Annoni J.-M. -- Alcoholism between fiction and reality / Carota, A., Calabrese P. -- Protagonists with Parkinson's disease / Haan, J. -- Some movement disorders / Perkin, G.D. -- Epilepsy in Dostoevsky's novels / Voskuil, P.H.A. -- Theater in Professor Charcot's Galaxy / Poirier J., Philippon, J. -- Doctors in Balzac's work / Moulin T. -- Dotor Chekhov's doctors / Crommelynck I. -- Marcel Proust's fictional diseases and doctors / Bogousslavsky J.
- Little black book of neuropsychology 2011, Springer
- Localization in clinical neurology. 5th ed. 2007, OvidGeneral principles of neurologic localization -- Peripheral nerves -- Cervical, brachial, and lumbosacral plexi -- Spinal nerve and root -- Spinal cord -- Cranial nerve I (the olfactory nerve) -- Visual pathways -- The localization of lesions affecting the ocular motor system -- Cranial nerve V (the trigeminal nerve) -- Cranial nerve VII (the facial nerve) -- Cranial nerve VIII (the vestibulocochlear nerve) -- Cranial nerves IX and X (the glossopharyngeal and vagus nerves) -- Cranial nerve XI (the spinal accessory nerve) -- Cranial nerve XII (the hypoglossal nerve) -- Brainstem -- The cerebellum -- The localization of lesions affecting the hypothalamus and pituitary gland -- The anatomic localization of lesions in the thalamus -- Basal ganglia -- The localization of lesions affecting the cerebral hemispheres -- Vascular syndromes of the forebrain, brainstem, and cerebellum -- The localization of lesions causing coma.
- Localization in clinical neurology. 6th ed. 2011, Ovid
- Long term effects of stroke 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Lost self 2005, MyiLibraryThe self as a problem in philosophy and neurobiology / John R. Searle -- The cognitive neuroscience of the self: insights from functional neuroimaging of the normal brain / Seth J. Gillihan and Martha J. Farah -- Neural hierarchies and the self / Todd E. Feinberg -- The frontal lobes and self-awareness / Donald T. Stuss ... [et al.] -- Autobiographical disorders / Esther Fujiwara and Hans J. Markowitsch -- Body image and the self / Georg Goldenberg -- Right-hemisphere pathology and the self: delusional misidentification and reduplication / Todd E. Feinberg ... [et al.].The mirror sign delusional misidentification symptom / Karen Spangenberg Postal -- Disorders of the self in dementia / William W. Seeley and Bruce L. Miller -- Autism -- "Autos": literally, a total focus on the self? / Simon Baron-Cohen -- Recognizing the sensory consequences of one's own actions and delusions of control / Sarah-Jayne Blakemore.The neural correlates of depersonalization: a disorder of self-awareness / Hedy Kober ... [et al.] -- The self in dreams / Antti Revonsuo -- Psychoactive agents and the self / Roy J. Mathew -- Meditation and the self / Hans C. Lou and Troels W. Kjaer -- The enduring self: a first-person account of brain insult survival / J. Allan Hobson.
- The Nature of Radicular Pain and Related Conditions -- Imaging Techniques for the Lumbar Spine: Conventional Radiology, Computed Tomography; Magnetic Resonance Imaging -- Normal Anatomy -- Pathologic Anatomy and Mechanisms of Nerve Root Compression -- Spinal Imaging in Relation to Surgical Therapy: Pre-and Post-Operative.
- Macro roles for microRNAs in the life and death of neurons 2010, Springer
- Magnetic resonance imaging in ischemic stroke 2006, Springer
- Magnetic resonance in epilepsy. 2nd ed. 2005, ScienceDirect
- Malformations of the nervous system 2008, ScienceDirect
- Mammalian brain development 2009, SpringerSexual Differentiation of the Brain: Genetic, Hormonal and Trophic Factors / Hugo F. Carrer and María J. Cambiasso -- Life at the Interface Between a Dynamic Environment and a Fixed Genome: Epigenetic Programming of Stress Responses by Maternal Behavior / Ian C. G. Weaver -- Effects of Early Life Seizures and Anti-epileptic Drug Treatment on Human Brain Development in Human Models / Eric D. Marsh and Amy R. Brooks-Kayal -- Prenatal Development of the Human Blood-Brain Barrier / Luca Cucullo -- Seizure Propensity and Brain Development: A Lesson from Animal Models / Jana Velíšková, Annamaria Vezzani and Astrid Nehlig -- Seizures and Antiepileptic Drugs: Does Exposure Alter Normal Brain Development in Animal Models? / Aristea S. Galanopoulou, Libor Velíšek and Solomon L. Moshé -- Overview of Neural Mechanisms in Developmental Disorders / Ayush Batra, Erin Carlton and Kathleen Franco -- Drug Permeation Across the Fetal Maternal Barrier / Chaitali Ghosh and Nicola Marchi -- In Vivo Imaging of Brain Development: Technologies, Models, Applications, and Impact on Understanding the Etiology of Mental Retardation / Vicko Gluncic -- Congenital, Non-inheritable Chromosomal Abnormalities Responsible for Neurological Disorders / Riccardo Bianchi and Patrizia D'Adamo.
- Mammalian subventricular zones 2006, SpringerCellular heterogeneity of the neonatal SVZ and its contributions to forebrain neurogenesis and gliogenesis / Steven W. Levison and James E. Goldman -- Extrinsic and intrinsic factors modulating proliferation and self-renewal of multipotential CNS progenitors and adult neural stem cells of the subventricular zone / Sara Gil-Perotin and Patrizia Casaccia-Bonnefil -- Birth, migration and function of SVZ derived neurons in the adult brain / Minoree Kohwi, Rui Pedro Galvão and Arturo Alvarez-Buylla -- Contributions of the neocortical SVZ to human brain development / Nada Zecevic ... [et al.] -- Responses of the adult SVZ to neuronal death and injury / Jason G. Emsley and Jeff D. Macklis -- Resonses of the SVZ to radiation and chemotherapy / Ami M. Karkar, Radoslaw Rola and John R. Fike -- The subventricular zone responds dynamically to mechanical brain injuries / Maria L.V. Dizon and Francis G. Szele -- Responses of the SVZ to hypoxia and hypoxia/ischemia / Ryan J. Felling ... [et al.] -- Responses of the SVZ to demyelinating diseases / B. Nait-Oumesmar ... [et al.] -- Auxiliary proliferative zones in the developing and adult central nervous system: lessons from studies on the effects of ethanol / Michael W. Miller and Marla B. Bruns.
- Managing your headaches. 2nd ed. 2005, SpringerHeadache for history buffs -- When is a headache more than "just a headache?": the secondary headaches -- The primary headache syndromes: when is a headache "just a headache?" -- The pharmacologic treatment of migraine -- Nonpharmacologic treatment of migraine -- Your visit to the doctor -- What to expect -- Append. Grant's migraine -- Migraine myths -- Baseline headache questionnaire -- Headache diary -- Medications previously tried for migraine: treatment.
- Manifestations of stroke 2012, Karger
- Manual of neurologic therapeutics. 7th ed. 2004, Ovid
- Mathematics for neuroscientists. 1st ed. 2011, ScienceDirectPassive isopotential cell -- Differential equations -- Active isopotential cell -- Quasi-active isopotential cell -- Passive cable -- Fourier series and transforms -- Passive dendritic tree -- Active dendritic tree -- Reduced single neuron models -- Probability and random variables -- Synaptic transmission and quantal release -- Neuronal calcium signaling -- Singular value decomposition and applications -- Quantification of spike train variability -- Stochastic processes -- Membrane noise -- Power and cross spectra -- Natural light signals and phototransduction -- Firing rate codes and early vision -- Models of simple and complex cells -- Stochastic estimation theory -- Reverse-correlation and spike train decoding -- Signal detection theory -- Relating neuronal responses and psychophysics -- Population codes -- Neuronal networks -- Solutions to selected exercises.
- MATLAB for neuroscientists 2009, ScienceDirect
- Mechanisms of memory. 2nd ed. 2010, ScienceDirectThis book represents the first step at beginning to put together the complex puzzle of the molecular basis of memory. Sweatt creates a framework of thinking about synaptic plasticity and memory at the molecular level; one which recognizes and begins to incorporate this extreme biochemical complexity into our thinking about memory.
- Medicolegal neuropathology 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Memories, molecules and circuits 2007, SpringerThe Neuroanatomy And Neuropsychology Of Declarative And Nondeclarative Memory -- Dynamics Of Hippocampal-cortical Interactions During Memory Consolidation: Insights From Functional Brain Imaging -- From Molecule To Memory System: Genetic Analyses In Drosophila -- Towards A Molecular And Cellular Understanding Of Remote Memory -- Post-activation State: A Critical Rite Of Passage Of Memories -- Reactivation-dependent Amnesia: Disrupting Memory Reconsolidation As A Novel Approach For The Treatment Of Maladaptive Memory Disorders -- The Organizing Principles Of Real-time Memory Encoding: Neural Clique Assemblies And Universal Neural Codes -- Making And Retaining New Memories: The Role Of The Hippocampus In Associative Learning And Memory -- Entorhinal Grid Cells And The Representation Of Space -- The Prefrontal Cortex: Categories, Concepts, And Cognitive Control -- Molecules That Disrupt Memory Circuits In Alzheimer's Disease: The Attack On Synapses By Aβ Oligomers (addls).
- Memory 2005, NAPWhat is memory? -- Memories of the here and now -- The early development of memory -- Ordinary forgetting -- Amnesia -- False memory -- Emotional learning and memory -- Language -- Mechanisms of memory -- The future of memory.
- Memory and brain dynamics 2004, CRCnetBASEMemory itself is inseparable from all other brain functions and involves distributed dynamic neural processes. This book bridges the disciplines of neurophysiology, cognitive psychology, and EEG-brain dynamics to understand how the brain represents mental events that are interwoven with memory. The text presents a new study-framework that links oscillatory brain activity with the concept of dynamic memory, leading to dynamic-APLR alliance and all brain functions.
- Meningiomas 2009, Springer
- Merritt's Neurology handbook. 2nd ed. 2006, Ovid
- Merritt's Neurology. 11th ed. 2005, Ovid
- Metabolic encephalopathy 2009, Springer
- Methods for neural ensemble recordings. 2nd ed. 2008, CRCnetBASEChronic recording during learning / Aaron J. Sandler -- Defining global brain states using multielectrode field potential recordings / Shih-Chieh Lin and Damien Gervasoni -- Multielectrode recording in behaving monkeys / R.E. Crist and M.A. Lebedev -- Neural ensemble recordings from central gustatory-reward pathways in awake and behaving animals / Albino J. Oliveira-Maia, Sidney A. Simon, and Miguel A.L. Nicolelis -- Building brain-machine interfaces to restore neurological functions / Mikhail A. Lebedev, Roy E. Crist, and Miguel A.L. Nicolelis -- Conceptual and technical approaches to human neural ensemble recordings / Dennis A. Turner, Parag G. Patil, and Miguel A.L. Nicolelis.State-of-the-art microwire array design for chronic neural recordings in behaving animals / Gary Lehew and Miguel A.L. Nicolelis -- Surgical techniques for chronic implantation of microwire arrays in rodents and primates / Laura M.O. Oliveira and Dragan Dimitrov -- Technology for multielectrode microstimulation of brain tissue / Timothy Hanson, Nathan Fitzsimmons, and Joseph E. O'Doherty -- Strategies for neural ensemble data analysis for brain-machine interface (BMI) applications / Miriam Zacksenhouse and Simona Nemets -- Chronic recordings in transgenic mice / Kafui Dzirasa -- Multielectrode recordings in the somatosensory system / Michael Wiest, Erik Thomson, and Jim Meloy --
- Methods in alcohol-related neuroscience research 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Methods in chemosensory research 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Methods in drug abuse research 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Methods in genomic neuroscience 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Methods in pain research 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Methods of behavioral analysis in neuroscience. 2nd ed. 2009, CRCnetBASEDSU Title III 2002-2012.
- mhGAP intervention guide : 2010, WHOThe mhGAP-IG has been developed through an intensive process of evidence review. A WHO Guideline Development Group of international experts conducted systematic reviews to develop evidence-based recommendations. The recommendations were then converted into clearly presented stepwise interventions and then circulated among a wider range of reviewers across the world to include all the diverse contributions. The mhGAP-IG is based on the mhGAP Guidelines on interventions for mental, neurological and substance use disorders (http:// www.who.int/mental_health/mhgap/evidence/en/). Both documents will be reviewed and updated in 5 years. Any revision and update before that will be made to the online version of the document.--(excerpt, p. 1).
- Middle ear 2013, SpringerThe middle ear plays a vital role in the sense and sensitivity of hearing. Of the various characteristics that distinguish mammals from other vertebrates, several pertain specifically to the middle-ear system, such as the presence of three middle-ear bones and the four-layer composite structure of the tympanic membrane. The Middle Ear attempts to elucidate the role this system plays in sound transmission, as viewed from both scientific and clinical perspectives.
- Mitochondrial dynamics and neurodegeneration 2011, Springer
- Mitochondrial dysfunction in neurodegenerative disorders 2012, Springer
- Modeling fragile X syndrome 2012, SpringerIntroduction: Reminiscing on Models and Modeling / Robert B. Denman -- Probing Astrocyte Function in Fragile X Syndrome / Shelley Jacobs, Connie Cheng and Laurie C. Doering -- Neural Stem Cells / Maija Castrén -- Fragile X Mental Retardation Protein (FMRP) and the Spinal Sensory System / Theodore J. Price and Ohannes K. Melemedjian -- The Role of the Postsynaptic Density in the Pathology of the Fragile X Syndrome / Stefan Kindler and Hans-Jürgen Kreienkamp -- Behavior in a Drosophila Model of Fragile X / Sean M. McBride, Aaron J. Bell and Thomas A. Jongens -- Molecular and Genetic Analysis of the Drosophila Model of Fragile X Syndrome / Charles R. Tessier and Kendal Broadie -- Fragile X Mental Retardation Protein and Stem Cells / Abrar Qurashi, Xuekun Li and Peng Jin -- Manipulating the Fragile X Mental Retardation Proteins in the Frog / Marc-Etienne Huot, Nicolas Bisson, Thomas Moss and Edouard W. Khandjian --Exploring the Zebra Finch Taeniopygia guttata as a Novel Animal Model for the Speech-Language Deficit of Fragile X Syndrome / Claudia Winograd and Stephanie Ceman -- Neuroendocrine Alterations in the Fragile X Mouse / Abdeslem El Idrissi, Xin Yan, William L'Amoreaux, W. Ted Brown and Carl Dobkin -- Taking STEPs Forward to Understand Fragile X Syndrome / Susan M. Goebel-Goody and Paul J. Lombroso -- Fmr-1 as an Offspring Genetic and a Maternal Environmental Factor in Neurodevelopmental Disease / Bojana Zupan and Miklos Toth -- Mouse Models of the Fragile X Premutation and the Fragile X Associated Tremor/Ataxia Syndrome / Michael R. Hunsaker, Gloria Arque, Robert F. Berman, Rob Willemsen and Renate K. Hukema -- Clinical Aspects of the Fragile X Syndrome / W. Ted Brown -- Fragile X Syndrome: A Psychiatric Perspective / Michael R. Tranfaglia -- Fragile X Syndrome and Targeted Treatment Trials / Randi Hagerman, Julie Lauterborn, Jacky Au and Elizabeth Berry-Kravis -- The Fragile X-Associated Tremor Ataxia Syndrome / Flora Tassone and Randi Hagerman -- Vignettes: Models in Absentia / Robert B. Denman.
- Modeling in the neurosciences. 2nd ed. 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Models of brain and mind 2008, ScienceDirectHow to separate conceptual issues from empirical ones in the study of consciousness / M. Velmans -- The disunity of consciousness / S. Zeki -- Consciousness: the radical plasticity thesis / A Cleeremans -- A higher order Bayesian decision theory of consciousness / H. C. Lau -- Subjective measures of unconscious knowledge / Z. Dienes -- Interdependence of attention and consciousness / N. Srinivasan -- Computational studies of consciousness / I. Aleksander, H. Morton -- Identification of neuroanatomical substrates of set-shifting ability: evidence from patients with focal brain lesions / P. Mukhopadhyay ... [et. al] -- Thinking is believing / R. Kasturirangan -- The emergence of mind and brain: and evolutionary, computational, and philosophical approach / K. Mainzer -- Dynamic geometry, brain function modeling, and consciousness / S. Roy, R. Llinás -- Understanding the mind of a worm: hierarchial network structure underlying nervous system function in C. elegans / N. Chatterjee, S. Sinha -- Neural network modeling / B.K. Chakrabarti, A. Basu -- Retinomorphic image processing / K. Ghosh, K. Bhaumik, S. Sarker -- Modeling the sub-cellualer signaling pathways involved in reinforcement learning at the straitum / S.M. Wanjerkhede, R.S. Bapi -- Rythmic structure of Hindi and English: new insights from a computational analysis / T. Das, L. Singh, N.C. Singh -- Empirical perspectives from the self-model theory of subjectivity: a brief summary with examples / T. Metzinger -- Vipassana: the Buddha's tool to probe mind and body / D.V. Chavan -- Buddha and the bridging relations / R. Banerjee.
- Models of horizontal eye movements. Part I, Early models of saccades and smooth pursuit 2010, Atypon1. Introduction -- Introduction -- Saccades -- Smooth pursuit system -- Vestibular ocular reflex eye movements -- Optokinetic eye movements -- Vergence.
- There are five different types of eye movements: saccades, smooth pursuit, vestibular ocular eye movements, optokinetic eye movements, and vergence eye movements. The purpose of this book is focused primarily on mathematical models of the horizontal saccadic eye movement system and the smooth pursuit system, rather than on how visual information is processed. A saccade is a fast eye movement used to acquire a target by placing the image of the target on the fovea. Smooth pursuit is a slow eye movement used to track a target as it moves by keeping the target on the fovea. The vestibular ocular movement is used to keep the eyes on a target during brief head movements. The optokinetic eye movement is a combination of saccadic and slow eye movements that keeps a full-field image stable on the retina during sustained head rotation. Each of these movements is a conjugate eye movement, that is, movements of both eyes together driven by a common neural source. A vergence movement is a non-conjugate eye movement allowing the eyes to track targets as they come closer or farther away. In this book, a 2009 version of a state-of-the-art model is presented for horizontal saccades that is 3rd-order and linear, and controlled by a physiologically based time-optimal neural network. The oculomotor plant and saccade generator are the basic elements of the saccadic system. The control of saccades is initiated by the superior colliculus and terminated by the cerebellar fastigial nucleus, and involves a complex neural circuit in the mid brain. This book is the second part of a book series on models of horizontal eye movements.
- Models of seizures and epilepsy 2006, ScienceDirect
- Molecular and functional models in neuropsychiatry 2011, Springer
- Molecular basis of multiple sclerosis 2010, Springer
- Molecular mechanisms of synaptogenesis 2006, SpringerPt. 1. Experimental models of synaptogenesis -- Pt. 2. Roles of cell adhesion and secreted molecules in synaptic differentiation -- Pt. 3. Transport of synaptic proteins -- Pt. 4. Synaptic cytoskeleton and morphogenic signaling -- Pt. 5. Synaptic plasticity in learning and memory -- Pt. 6. Synaptogenesis and brain disorders.
- Molecular pain 2007, SpringerGenes, neurons and neurotransmission -- Glutamate, excitatory transmission and pain -- Neuropeptides, ATP, retrograde messengers and opioids -- Inhibitory transmission and plasticity -- Postsynaptic signaling and gene regulation -- Peripheral nociceptor, amygdala and fear -- Spinal plasticity, reorganization and chronic pain -- Cortical plasticity, reorganization and amputation -- Endogenous analgesia and other form of analgesia -- Models for studying pain and searching for pain killers.
- Monoaminergic modulation of cortical excitability 2007, Springer
- Moral brain 2009, SpringerThe immoral brain / Andrea L. Glenn and Adrian Raine -- "Extended attachment" and the human brain : internalized cultural values and evolutionary implications / Jorge Moll and Ricardo de Oliveira-Souza -- Neuro-cognitive systems involved in moral reasoning / James Blair -- Empathy and morality : integrating social and neuroscience approaches / Jean Decety and C. Daniel Batson -- Moral judgment and the brain : a functional approach to the question of emotion and cognition in moral judgment integrating psychology, neuroscience and evolutionary biology / Kristin Prehn and Hauke R. Heekeren -- Moral dysfunction : theoretical model and potential neurosurgical treatments / Dirk De Ridder ... [et al.] -- Does it pay to be good? Competing evolutionary explanations of pro-social behaviour / Matthijs van Veelen -- How can evolution and neuroscience help us understand moral capacities? / Randolph M. Nesse -- Runaway soical selection for displays of partner value and altruism / Randolph M. Nesse -- The evolved brain : understanding religious ethics and religious violence / John Teehan -- An evolutionary and cognitive neuroscience perspective on moral modularity / Jelle De Schrijver.
- Mortalin biology 2012, SpringerPart 1.Structure and Function of Mortalin /Birth of Mortalin: Multiple Names, Niches and Functions Connecting Stress, Senescence and Cancer /Renu Wadhwa and Sunil C. Kaul --Mortalin's Machinery /Custer C. Deocaris, Sunil C. Kaul and Renu Wadhwa --The Role of Mortalin in Iron Homeostasis /Wen-I Luo and James A. Cowan --Functional Characteristics of Mortalin /Walter A. Baseler, Tara L. Croston and John M. Hollander --Part 2.Mortalin in Evolution2 Deocaris /Mortalin and Drosophila DmHsp22: Two Mitochondrial Chaperones Regulating Aging and Carcinogenesis /Marie Le Pécheur, Geneviève Morrow and Robert M. Tanguay --Mortalin in Invertebrates and The Induction of Apoptosis by Wild-Type p53 Following Defeat of Mortalin-Based Cytoplasmic Sequestration in Cancerous Clam Hemocytes /Charles W. Walker, Ben Low and S. Anne Böttger --Mortalin and Stem Cells: A Study from Planarians /Renata Batistoni --Part 3.Mortalin in Health and Disease /Mortalin in Cell Protection from Immune Attack /Moran Saar, Oren Moskovich and Zvi Fishelson --Mortalin in Neurological Diseases /Jinghua Jin, Jing Zhang, Travis J. Cook and Jake G. Hoekstra --Loss of Mortalin Function in Parkinson's Disease-Supporting the Mitochondrial Pathway of Neurodegeneration /Lena F. Burbulla and Rejko Krüger --Hsp75/mortalin and Protection from Ischemic Brain Injury /Robin E. White, Yi-Bing Ouyang and Rona G. Giffard --Catecholamine Regulated Protein (CRP40), A Splice Variant of Mortalin-2: Functional Role in CNS Disorders /Joseph P. Gabriele, Sarah E. Groleau, Ritesh P. Daya, Zdenek B. Pristupa and Ram K. Mishra --Chaperonopathies: Diseases in Which Mortalin and Other Hsp-Chaperones Play a Role in Etiology and Pathogenesis /Alberto J. L. Macario, Francesco Cappello and Everly Conway de Macario --Part 4.Mortalin and Cancer /Many Faces of Mortalin and Tid1 /Ohad Iosefson and Abdussalam Azem --Mortalin: A Positive Regulator of Centrosome Duplication and Amplification /Masayuki Kanai and Kenji Fukasawa --Mortalin Expression in Normal and Neoplastic Tissues /Angheliki Nomikos, Sinclair R. Dundas and Graeme I. Murray --Mortalin-p53 Interaction as a Target for Liver Cancer Therapy /Wen-Jing Lu, Nikki P. Lee, Renu Wadhwa and John M. Luk --Mortalin Targeting Gadgets for Cancer Therapy /Chae-Ok Yun and Renu Wadhwa --Part 5.Mortalin Based Technologies /Cell Internalizing Anti-Mortalin Antibody for Generation of Illuminating MSCs for Long-Term In vitro and In vivo Tracking /Toshimasa Uemura, Masanori Nishi, Sunil C. Kaul and Renu Wadhwa --Mortalin Staining Pattern as a Reporter for Cell Based Anti-Cancer Drug Screening /Ran Gao, Zeenia Kaul, Tomoko Yaguchi and Renu Wadhwa --Cell Internalizing Anti-mortalin Antibody as a Nanocarrier /Zeenia Kaul, Tomoko Yaguchi, Renu Wadhwa and Sunil C. Kaul.
- Motor cortex in voluntary movements 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Motor neurobiology of the spinal cord 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Motor neuron disorders and related diseases 2007, ScienceDirect
- Mouse nervous system 2012, ScienceDirectThe Mouse Nervous System provides a comprehensive account of the central nervous system of the mouse. The book is aimed at molecular biologists who need a book that introduces them to the anatomy of the mouse brain and spinal cord, but also takes them into the relevant details of development and organization of the area they have chosen to study. The Mouse Nervous System offers a wealth of new information for experienced anatomists who work on mice. The book serves as a valuable resource for researchers and graduate students in neuroscience. * Visualization of brain white matter anatomy via 3D diffusion tensor imaging contrasts enhances relationship of anatomy to function * Systematic consideration of the anatomy and connections of all regions of brain and spinal cord by the authors of the most cited rodent brain atlases * A major section (12 chapters) on functional systems related to motor control, sensation, and behavioral and emotional states, * Full segmentation of 170120+ brain regions more clearly defines structure boundaries than previous point-and-annotate anatomical labeling, and connectivity is mapped in a way not provided by traditional atlasesA detailed analysis of gene expression during development of the forebrain by Luis Puelles, the leading researcher in this area. * Full coverage of the role of gene expression during development, and the new field of genetic neuroantomy using site-specific recombinases * Examples of the use of mouse models in the study of neurological illness.
- Movement disorder emergencies. Second edition [2nd ed.] 2013, SpringerA Brief Introduction to Movement Disorders /Steven J. Frucht --Acute Parkinsonism /Hubert H. Fernandez and Joseph H. Friedman --Parkinsonism-Hyperpyrexia Syndrome in Parkinson's Disease /Daniel E. Huddleston and Stewart A. Factor --Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome /Stanley N. Caroff, Stephan C. Mann, Kenneth A. Sullivan and E. Cabrina Campbell --Malignant Catatonia /Stephan C. Mann, Stanley N. Caroff, Henry R. Bleier and E. Cabrina Campbell --Psychosis and Parkinson's Disease /Christina L. Vaughan and Jennifer G. Goldman --Abductor Paresis in Shy-Drager Disease /Eiji Isozaki --Movement Disorder Emergencies of the Upper Aerodigestive Tract /Lesley Childs, Scott Rickert, Boris Bentsianov, Ajay Chitkara and Anthony Cultrara, et al. --Dystonic Storm /Melissa J. Nirenberg and Blair Ford --Pseudodystonic Emergencies /Jong-Min Kim and Beom S. Jeon --Tardive and Neuroleptic-Induced Emergencies /Paul E. Greene and Steven J. Frucht --Hemiballism-Hemichorea /Ronald B. Postuma and Anthony E. Lang --Sydenham's Chorea, PANDAS, and Other Post-streptococcal Neurological Disorders /Roser Pons --Emergencies in Huntington's Disease /Kathleen M. Shannon --Acute Spinal Rigidity /P. D. Thompson --Tic Emergencies /Vanessa K. Hinson and Christopher G. Goetz --Malignant Phonic Tics /Joseph Jankovic --Serotonin Syndrome /Mark Forrest Gordon and Adena N. Leder --Risks and Dangers from Hyperekplexia and Other Startle Disorders /Frederick Andermann and Eva Andermann --Perioperative Emergencies Associated with Deep Brain Stimulation /Takashi Morishita, Adam P. Burdick and Michael S. Okun --Psychogenic Movement Disorders /Daniel Schneider and Daniel T. Williams --Anti-NMDA Receptor Encephalitis and Other Autoimmune and Paraneoplastic Movement Disorders /Jessica Panzer and Josep Dalmau --Wilson's Disease /George J. Brewer --Dopa-Responsive Dystonia /Yoshiaki Furukawa, Mark Guttman, Shinichiro Nakamura and Stephen J. Kish --Whipple's Disease /Eoin Mulroy, John Lynch and Tim Lynch --Driving Risk in Patients with Movement Disorders /Ergun Y. Uc --Genetics and Genetic Counseling Related Issues /Martha A. Nance --Suicide Risk in Parkinson's Disease /Valerie Voon.
- Moyamoya disease update 2010, Springer
- MRI atlas of lesions in multiple sclerosis 2008, Springer
- Multiple sclerosis 2005, SpringerSigns and symptoms of multiple sclerosis / Stanley van den Noort -- Differential diagnosis, clinical features, and prognosis of multiple sclerosis / Michael J. Olek -- Role of magnetic resonance imaging in the diagnosis and prognosis of multiple sclerosis / Robert Zivadinov and Rohit Bakshi -- Cognitive dysfunction in multiple sclerosis / Darcy Cox and Laura Julian -- Multiple sclerosis, genetics, and autoimmunity / Michael Demetriou -- B-cell immunology in multiple sclerosis / Yufen Qin and Pierre Duquette -- Multiple sclerosis : a case for early treatment / Alex C. Tselis and Omar A. Khan -- Pregnancy and multiple sclerosis / Christina Caon -- Treatment of progressive multiple sclerosis / Norman Wang -- Cyclophosphamide therapy for multiple sclerosis / Derek R. Smith -- Repair and neuroprotective strategies in multiple sclerosis / Fernando Dangond -- Future therapies / Michael J. Olek.
- Multiple sclerosis as a neuronal disease 2005, ScienceDirectStructure, molecular organization, and function of myelinated axons -- Neuronal concomitants of demyelination -- Multiple sclerosis as a neurodegenerative disease -- Measurement of neuronal changes in the clinical domain -- Cellular and molecular mechanisms of axonal degeneration in multiple sclerosis -- Other aspects of neuronal injury in multiple sclerosis -- Lessons from the peripheral nervous system -- Prognosis, reparative mechanisms, and therapeutic approaches.
- Multisensory object perception in the primate brain 2010, SpringerCorticocortical connectivity subserving different forms of multisensory convergence / M. Alex Meredith and H. Ruth Clemo -- Computational modeling of multisensory object perception / Constantin Rothkopf, Thomas Weisswange, and Jochen Triesch -- Methodological considerations : electrophysiology of multisensory interactions in humans / Marie-Hélène Giard and Julien Besle -- Cortical oscillations and multisensory interactions in humans / Jochen Kaiser and Marcus J. Naumer -- Multisensory functional magnetic resonance imaging / Marcus J. Naumer ... [et al.] -- Audiovisual temporal integration for complex speech, object-action, animal call, and musical stimuli / Argiro Vatakis and Charles Spence -- Imaging cross-modal influences in auditory cortex / Christoph Kayser, Christopher I. Petkov, and Nikos K. Logothetis -- The default mode of primate vocal communication and its neural correlates / Asif A. Ghazanfar -- Audio-visual perception of everyday natural objects - hemodynamic studies in humans / James W. Lewis -- Single-trial multisensory learning and memory retrieval / Micah M. Murray and Holger F. Sperdin -- Multisensory texture perception / Roberta L. Klatzky and Susan J. Lederman -- Dorsal and ventral cortical pathways for visuo-haptic shape integration revealed using fMRI / Thomas W. James and Sunah Kim -- Visuo-haptic perception of objects and scenes / Fiona N. Newell -- Haptic face processing and its relation to vision / Susan J. Lederman, Roberta L. Klatzky, and Ryo Kitada -- The ontogeny of human multisensory object perception : a constructivist account / David J. Lewkowicz -- Neural development and plasticity of multisensory representations / Mark T. Wallace, Juliane Krueger, and David W. Royal -- Large-scale brain plasticity following blindness and the use of sensory substitution devices / Andreja Bubic, Ella Striem-Amit, and Amir Amedi.
- Myasthenia gravis and related disorders. 2nd ed. 2009, SpringerNeuromuscular junction physiology and pathophysiology / Eroboghene E. Ubogu and Robert L. Ruff -- Acetylcholine receptor structure / Jon M. Lindstrom -- Immunopathogenesis of myasthenia gravis / Bianca M. Conti-Fine ... [et al.] -- Epidemiology and genetics of myasthenia gravis / Jeremiah W. Lanford, Lawrence H. Phillips -- Clinical presentation and epidemiology of myasthenia gravis / Jan B.M. Kuks -- Ocular myasthenia / Robert B. Daroff and Michael Benatar -- Thymoma-associated paraneoplastic myasthenia gravis / Philipp Ströbel, Wen-Yu Chuang, and Alexander Marx -- Electrodiagnosis of neuromuscular junction disorders / Bashar Katirji -- Autoantibody testing in the diagnosis and management of autoimmune disorders of neuromuscular transmission and related diseases / Mark A. Agius, David P. Richman, and Angela Vincent -- Treatment of myasthenia gravis / Henry J. Kaminski -- Neurocritical care of myasthenic crisis / J. Americo Fernandes Filho and Jose I. Suarez -- Thymectomy for non-thymomatous MG / Alfred Jaretzki III and Joshua R. Sonett -- Lambert-Eaton syndrome / Charles M. Harper, Vanda A. Lennon -- Acquired neuromyotonia -- Angela Vincent and Ian Hart -- Congenital myasthenic syndromes / David Beeson -- Toxic neuromuscular transmission disorders / James F. Howard, Jr. -- The impact of myasthenia gravis on mood, cognitive function, and quality of life / Robert H. Paul, Larry L. Mullins, and James M. Gilchrist -- Myasthenia gravis : classification and outcome measurements / Gil I. Wolfe and Richard J. Barohn.
- Myelin biology and disorders 2004, ScienceDirectv. 1. Biology -- v. 2. Disorders.
- N-acetylaspartate 2006, Springer
- Narcolepsy 2010, SpringerEtiology -- Narcolepsy: genetic predisposition and pathophysiology -- Animal models of narcolepsy: development, findings and perspectives -- Neuroimaging of narcolepsy -- Clinical considerations -- Epidemiology of narcolepsy -- Narcolepsy in childhood -- Narcolepsy in the older adult -- Diurnal and nocturnal sleep in narcolepsy with cataplexy -- Hypnagogic hallucinations and sleep paralysis -- REM sleep behavior disorder in narcolepsy with cataplexy -- Narcolepsy and other comorbid medical illnesses -- Humor processing in human narcolepsy with cataplexy -- Dreams in patients with narcolepsy -- Psychoanalysis and narcolepsy -- Symptomatic narcolepsy or hypersomnia, with and without hypocretin (orexin) deficiency -- Hypersomnias other than narcolepsy: differential diagnosis -- Psychosocial considerations -- Psychosocial impact of narcolepsy in children and adolescents -- Quality of life and psychosocial issues in narcolepsy -- Narcolepsy, intimacy and sexuality -- Narcolepsy, driving and traffic safety -- Memory and cognition in narcolepsy -- Medico-legal aspects of disability in narcolepsy -- Narcolepsy and mental health -- Management -- Overview of management of narcolepsy -- Modes of action of drugs related to narcolepsy: pharmacology of wake-promoting compounds and anticataplectics -- Modafinil/Armodafinil in the treatment of narcolepsy -- Sodium oxybate in the treatment of narcolepsy -- Emerging treatments for narcolepsy -- Non-pharmacologic treatments of narcolepsy.
- Neonatal cranial ultrasonography. 2nd ed. 2012, Springer
- Neonatal neurology. 4th ed. 2007, ScienceDirect
- Neonatal pain 2008, Springer
- Nerve and vascular injuries in sports medicine 2009, Springer
- Nerve-driven immunity 2012, Springer
- Networks, from biology to theory 2007, Springer
- Neural correlates of thinking 2009, Springer
- Neural development and stem cells. 2nd ed. 2006, Springer
- Neural engineering 2005, Springer
- Neural interfacing 2008
- Neural metabolism in vivo 2012, SpringerIntroduction to Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) Methods /Allen W. Song --Hardware Requirements for In Vivo Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Studies of Neural Metabolism /Hellmut Merkle, Phil Lee and In-Young Choi --Diffusion Sensitive Magnetic Resonance Imaging of the Central Nervous System /Jeffrey J. Neil and Joseph J. H. Ackerman --Tools to Enhance the Contrast in MR Images: From Lanthanide Complexes and Iron Oxide Particles to MEMRI /Annemie Van der Linden, Vincent Van Meir, Dario Longo and Silvio Aime --Principles of 1H NMR Spectroscopy In Vivo /Robin A. de Graaf --In Vivo Cerebral 31P Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy /Ernest B. Cady --In Vivo13C Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy and Metabolic Modeling: Methodology /Pierre-Gilles Henry, Dinesh K. Deelchand, Isabelle Iltis, Malgorzata Marjanska and Gülin Öz, et al. --13C NMR Spectroscopy as a Tool in Neurobiology /Asta Haberg, Ursula Sonnewald, Janniche Hammer, Torun Melø and Haytham Eloqayli --Overview of Positron Emission Tomography (PET) and Single Photon Emission Computed Tomography (SPECT) Methodologies /Paul Cumming and Guido Böning --Fluorodeoxyglucose (FDG) Positron Emission Tomography (PET) /Andrei G. Vlassenko and Mark A. Mintun --Neuroreceptor Imaging /Habib Zaidi and Miho Shidahara --Optical Approaches to Study Metabolic Consequences of Spreading Depression In Vivo /C. William Shuttleworth --Microdialysis and Microfiltration: Technology and Cerebral Applications for Energy Substrates /Kirsten Huinink, Jakob Korf and Jan Bert Gramsbergen --Part 2.In vivo assessment of neural activity via neurovascular coupling /The Coupling of Cerebral Metabolic Rate of Glucose and Cerebral Blood Flow In Vivo /Steen G. Hasselbalch and Olaf B. Paulson --Neuronal Basis of Non-Invasive Functional Imaging: From Microscopic Neurovascular Dynamics to BOLD fMRI /Anna Devor, David A. Boas, Gaute T. Einevoll, Richard B. Buxton and Anders M. Dale --Imaging of Brain Function Using Deoxyhemoglobin and Magnetic Fields /Kâmil Uğurbil --FMRI Using Exogenous Agents and Cerebral Blood Volume Contrast /Joseph B. Mandeville.FMRI in Mice: Functional Phenotyping of Transgenic Mouse Lines Based on Hemodynamic Readouts /Thomas Mueggler, Christof Baltes, Simone C. Bosshard, Felicitas L. Princz-Kranz and David Ratering, et al. --In Vivo Studies of Brain Oxygen Metabolism and Oxidative Phosphorylation /Xiao-Hong Zhu and Wei Chen --Cerebral Glucose Transport and Homeostasis /João M. N. Duarte and Rolf Gruetter --Glucose Metabolism During Neural Activation /Marianne Fillenz --Measurements of Glycogen Metabolism in the Living Brain /Rolf Gruetter --Functions of Glycogen in the Central Nervous System /Richard D. Evans, Angus M. Brown and Bruce R. Ransom --Pyruvate Transport and Metabolism in the Central Nervous System /Tiago B. Rodrigues, Alejandra Sierra, Paloma Ballesteros and Sebastián Cerdán --Blood-Brain Barrier Transport of Lactate /Gitte Moos Knudsen --Cerebral Acetate Metabolism: Towards Its In Vivo Assessment /Basil Künnecke --Brain Fatty Acid Uptake /James A. Hamilton, Kellen Brunaldi, Richard P. Bazinet and Paul A. Watkins --The Ketogenic Diet and Brain Metabolism /Marc Yudkoff, Yevgeny Daikhin, Oksana Horyn, Ilana Nissim and Itzhak Nissim --Redox Shuttles in the Brain /Beatriz Pardo and Laura Contreras --Mitochondria in Neurodegeneration /Russell H. Swerdlow --Part 4.In vivo assessment of metabolic compartmentation between neurons and astrocytes /Studies of Brain Metabolism: A Historical Perspective /Arne Schousboe --Glutamate-Glutamine Cycle and Anaplerosis /Gülin Öz, David A. Okar and Pierre-Gilles Henry --Brain Metabolic Compartmentalization, Metabolism Modeling, and Cerebral Activity-Metabolism Relationship /Michel Merle and Jean-Michel Franconi --Radiotracer Perspective on Cerebral Compartmentation /Bruno Weber, Renaud Jolivet, Matthias T. Wyss and Alfred Buck --Nitrogen Metabolism In Vivo /Keiko Kanamori and Brian D. Ross --Part 5.Cerebral metabolism of antioxidants, osmolytes and others in vivo /Glutathione (GSH) Synthesis and Metabolism /Maike M. Schmidt and Ralf Dringen --Brain Ascorbate: Protective, Yet Permissive for Redox Signaling /Margaret E. Rice --N-Acetyl-Aspartate (NAA) Metabolism /Kishore K. Bhakoo --In Vivo GABA Metabolism /In-Young Choi and Jun Shen --1H-Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy of Cerebral Phenylalanine Content and its Transport at the Blood-Brain Barrier /Roland Kreis --Measurement of Brain Creatine Metabolism In Vivo: Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy Studies of Transgenic Animals /Arend Heerschap, Christine I. H. C. Nabuurs, Hermien E. Kan, Bé Wieringa and Dirk Isbrandt.
- Neural plasticity and memory 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Neural plasticity in adult somatic sensory-motor systems 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Neural stem cells 2002, Springer Protocols
- Neural stem cells. 2nd ed. 2008, Springer ProtocolsDefinitions and criteria for stem cells / Leslie P. Weiner -- Neural stem cells and the future treatment of neurological diseases : raising the standard / Jaime Imitola and Samia J. Khoury -- Neural differentiation of human embryonic stem cells / Mirella Dottori and Martin F. Pera -- Generating neurons from stem cells / Andreas Androutsellis-Theotokis ... [et al.] -- Isolation of neural stem and precursor cells from rodent tissue / Yuanyuan Wu ... [et al.] -- Adult rodent spinal cord-derived neural stem cells : isolation and characterization / Lamya S. Shihabuddin -- Adult neural stem cells / Rossella Galli, Angela Gritti, and Angelo L. Vescovi -- Olfactory ensheathing cells : isolation and culture from the neonatal olfactory bulb / Susan C. Barnett and A. Jane Roskams -- Culturing olfactory ensheathing cells from the mouse olfactory epithelium / Miranda Richter, Kathryn Westendorf, and A. Jane Roskams -- Production and characterization of immortal human neural stem cell line with multipotent differentiation property / Seung U. Kim ... [et al.] -- Preparation of neural progenitors from bone marrow and umbilical cord blood / Shijie Song and Juan Sanchez-Ramos --Production of neurospheres from CNS tissue / Gregory P. Marshall II ... [et al.] -- Nuclear transfer to study the nuclear reprogramming of human stem cells / Shigeo Saito ... [ et al.] -- Clonal analyses and cryopreservation of neural stem cell cultures / Angela Gritti, Rossella Galli, and Angelo L. Vescovi -- Telomere neurobiology / Mark P. Mattson, Peisu Zhang, and Aiwu Cheng -- Chromosomal mosaicism in neural stem cells / Suzanne E. Peterson ... [et al.] -- In vitro assays for neural stem cell differentiation : induction of dopaminergic phenotype / Marcel M. Daadi -- In vitro migration assays of neural stem cells / Pascale Durbec .. [et al.] -- Measuring apoptosis in neural stem cells / Brett T. Lund and Eve E. Kelland -- Markers of adult neural stem cells / Eric Wexler -- Differential gene expression in ES-derived neural stem cells by using RT-PCR / Nicole Slawny, Crystal Pacut, and Theresa E. Gratsch -- Microfluidic devices for high-throughput gene expression profiling of single hESC-derived neural stem cells / Yan Chen and Jiang F. Zhong --Electroporation strategies for genetic manipulation and cell labeling / Terence J. Van Raay, Rhonda T. Lassiter, and Michael R. Stark -- Novel and immortalization-based protocols for the generation of neural CNS stem cell lines for gene therapy approaches / Luciano Conti and Elena Cattaneo -- Identification of newborn cells by BrdU labeling and immunocytochemistry in vivo / Sanjay S. Magavi and Jeffrey D. Macklis -- Immunocytochemical analysis of neuronal differentiation / Sanjay S. Magavi and Jeffrey D. Macklis -- Neuroanatomical tracing of neuronal projections with Fluoro-Gold / Lisa A. Catapano, Sanjay S. Magavi, and Jeffrey D. Macklis -- Labeling stem cells in vitro for identification of their differentiated phenotypes after grafting into the CNS / Qi-lin Cao, Stephen M. Onifer, and Scott R. Whittemore -- Optimizing stem cell grafting into the CNS / Scott R. Whittemore ... [et al.] -- Routes of stem cell administration in the adult rodent / Alison E. Willing ... [et al.]
- Neuro-informatics and neural modelling 2001, ScienceDirectElectrical stimulation of the somatosensory system / K.A. Richardson and J.J. Collins -- Phase synchronization : from periodic to chaotic and noisy / L. Schimansky-Geier, V.S. Anishchenko and A. Neiman -- Fluctuations in neural systems : from subcellular to network levels / P. Århem and H. Liljenström -- Detecting unstable periodic orbits in biological systems / K. Dolan, M.L. Spano and F. Moss -- The topology and organization of unstable periodic orbits in Hodgkin-Huxley models of receptors with subthreshold oscillations / R. Gilmore and X. Pei -- Controlling cardiac arrhythmias : the relevance of nonlinear dynamics / D.J. Christini ... [et al.] -- Controlling the dynamics of cardiac muscle using small electrical stimuli / D.J. Gauthier, S. Bahar and G.M. Hall -- Intrinsic noise from voltage-gated ion channels : effects on dynamics and reliability in intrinsically oscillatory neurons / J.A. White and J.S. Haas -- Phase synchronization : from theory to data analysis / M. Rosenblum ... [et al.] -- Statistical analysis and modeling of calcium waves in healthy and pathological astrocyte syncytia / P. Jung ... [et al.] -- Neurones as physical objects : structure, dynamics and function / C. Meunier and I. Segev -- A framework for spiking neuron models : the spike response model / W. Gerstner -- An introduction to stochastic neural networks / H.J. Kappen -- Statistical mechanics of recurrent neural networks I - Statics / A.C.C. Coolen -- Statistical mechanics of recurrent neural networks II - Dynamics / A.C.C. Coolen -- Topologically ordered neural networks / J.A. Flanagan -- Geometry of neural networks : natural gradient for learning / K. Fukumizu -- Theory of synaptic plasticity / J.L. van Hemmen -- Information coding in higher sensory and memory areas / A. Treves -- Population coding : efficiency and interpretation of neuronal activity / C.C.A.M. Gielen -- Mechanisms of synchrony of neural activity in large networks / D. Golomb, D. Hansel and G. Mato -- Emergence of feature selectivity from lateral interactions in the visual cortex / U. Ernst, M. Tsodyks and K. Pawelzik -- Information transfer between sensory and motor networks / M. Lappe.
- Neuro-oncology of CNS tumors 2006, Springer
- Neuro-ophthalmology 2011, ScienceDirectAnatomy and physiology of the afferent visual system / S. Prasad and S.L. Galetta -- The anatomy and physiology of the ocular motor system / A.K.E. Horn and R.J. Leigh -- The neuro-ophthalmological examination / J.C. Rucker, C. Kennard, and R.J. Leigh -- Retinal disorders / K. Landau and M. Kurz-Levin -- Abnormalities of the optic disc / A.A. Sadun and M.Y. Wang -- Lesions of the optic nerve / E.J. Atkins, N.J. Newman and V. Biousse -- The optic chiasm / D. Kidd -- Disorders of the optic tract, radiation, and occipital lobe / J.A. Fraser, N.J. Newman and V. Biousse -- Disorders of higher visual processing / J.J.S. Barton -- Rehabilitative techniques / S. Trauzettel-Klosinski -- Infranuclear ocular motor disorders / C.J. Lueck -- Nuclear, internuclear, and supranuclear ocular motor disorders / C. Pierrot-Deseilligny -- Nystagmus and saccadic intrusions / M.J. Thurtell and R.J. Leigh -- Disorders of higher gaze control / C. Kennard -- Normal and abnormal lid function / J.C. Rucker -- Disorders of the pupil / H. Wilhelm -- Neuro-ophthalmology of orbital disease / G.E. Rose and D.H. Verity -- Functional neuro-ophthalmology / N.R. Miller.
- Neuro-ophthalmology 2007, KargerAnatomy of the oculomotor system / Büttner-Ennever, J.A. -- Eye movement recordings : methods / Eggert, T. -- Vestibulo-ocular reflex / Fetter, M. -- Neural control of saccadic eye movements / Catz, N., Thier, P. -- Smooth pursuit eye movements and optokinetic nystagmus / Büttner, U., Kremmyda, O. -- Disconjugate eye movements / Straumann, D. -- The eyelid and its contribution to eye movements / Helmchen, C., Rambold, H. -- Mechanics of the orbita / Demer, J.L. -- Current models of the ocular motor system / Glasauer, S. -- Therapeutic considerations for eye movement disorders / Straube, A.
- Neuroacanthocytosis syndromes 2004, Springer
- Neuroacanthocytosis syndromes II 2007, Springer
- Neuroanatomical basis of clinical neurology 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Neuroanatomical tract-tracing 3 2006, Springer
- Neuroanatomy and pathology of sporadic Parkinson's disease 2009, SpringerMorphology of Lewy pathology -- The evolving distribution pattern of Lewy pathology associated with sPD renders neuropathological staging possible -- Stage 1 -- Stage 2 -- Stage 3 -- Stage 4 -- Stages 5 and 6 -- Progression of the cortical lesions mimics the pattern of myelination in reverse order -- The staging hypothesis: assumptions, challenges, potential.
- Neuroanatomy for the neuroscientist 2007, Springer
- Neuroanatomy for the neuroscientist. 2nd ed. 2011, SpringerPt. 1. Essential organization of the central nervous system -- pt. 2. The systems -- pt. 3. The non-nervous elements -- pt. 4. ATLAS.
- Neuroanatomy of the oculomotor system. Updated extended ed. 2005, ScienceDirect
- Neurobehavioral disorders of childhood 2009, Springer
- Neurobehavioral genetics. 2nd ed. 2007, CRCnetBASEChapter 1. A History of Behavior Genetics / Stephen C. Maxson -- Chapter 2. Developmental Neurobehavioral Genetics: Development as Explanation / Gilbert Gottlieb -- Chapter 3. Some Basics, Mendelian Traits, Polygenic Traits, Complex Traits / Byron C. Jones -- Chapter 4. An Introduction to Quantitative Genetics / Wim E. Crusio -- Chapter 5. From QTL Detection to Gene Identification / Marie-Pierre Moisan -- Chapter 6. Gene Expression / Richard A. Radcliffe -- Chapter 7. Bioinformatics of Behavior / Elissa J. Chesler -- Chapter 8. Congenic and Consomic Strains / Lorraine Flaherty and Valerie Bolivar -- Chapter 9. Animal Resources in Behavioral Neurogenetics / Jean-Michel Lassalle -- Chapter 10. Sample Size Requirements for Experiments on Laboratory Animals / Douglas Wahlsten -- Chapter 11. The Role of Association Studies in Psychiatric Disorders / Nicolas Ramoz and Philip Gorwood -- Chapter 12. Family and Twin Methods / Keith E. Whitfield and Tracy L. Nelson -- Chapter 13. Gene-Environment Interactions / Byron C. Jones and Leslie C. Jones -- Chapter 14. And Now it Starts to Get Interesting: Gene-Gene Interactions / Yamima Osher -- Chapter 15. Schizophrenia: Study of a Genetically Complex Phenotype / Michael F. Pogue-Geile and Irving I. Gottesman -- Chapter 16. Genetics of Major Affective Disorders / Wade Berrettini -- Chapter 17. Pedigree Analyses and the Study of Chimpanzee (Pan troglodytes) Personality and Subjective Well-Being / Alexander Weiss and James E. King -- Chapter 18. The Elusive World of Personality Genes: Cherchez le Phenotype / Richard P. Ebstein, Rachel Bachner-Melman, Jonathan Benjamin, and Robert H. Belmaker -- Chapter 19. Aggression: Concepts and Methods Relevant to Genetic Analyses in Mice and Humans / Stephen C. Maxson and Andrew Canastar -- Chapter 20. Genetic Analysis of Emotional Behaviors Using Animal Models / André Ramos and Pierre Mormède -- Chapter 21. Genetic Analysis of Food Search Behavior in the Fruit Fly (Drosophila melanogaster) / Amsale T. Belay and Marla B. Sokolowski -- Chapter 22. Genetic and Molecular Analyses of Drosophila
- Neurobiology of aggression and rage 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Neurobiology of attention 2005, ScienceDirect
- Neurobiology of circadian timing 2012, ScienceDirectThis issue of Progress in Brain Research reviews current knowledge and understanding, provides a starting point for researchers and practitioners entering the field, and builds a platform for further research and discovery. Leading authors review the state-of-the-art in their field of investigation, and provide their views and perspectives for future research Chapters are extensively referenced to provide readers with a comprehensive list of resources on the topics covered All chapters include comprehensive background information and are written in a clear form that is also accessible to the non-specialist.
- Neurobiology of DOPA as a neurotransmitter 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Neurobiology of human values 2005, SpringerCreation, art, and the brain /Jean-Pierre Changeux --Did evolution fix moral values? /Camilo J. Cela-Conde --Homo homini lupus? : morality, the social instincts, and our fellow primates /Frans B.M. de Waal --Disorders of social conduct following damage to the prefrontal cortices /Hanna Damasio --The neurobiological grounding of human values /Antonio Damasio --Emotion and cognition in moral judgment : evidence from neuroimaging /Joshua Greene --Neural substrates of affective style and value /Richard J. Davidson --Cognitive psychology of moral intuitions /Daniel Kahneman, Cass R. Sunstein --Mirror neuron : a neurological approach to empathy /Giacomo Rizzolatti, Laila Craighero --How does the brain know when it is right? /Wolf Singer --Cerebral basis of human errors /Oliver Houdé --How a primate brain comes to know some mathematical truths /Stanilas Dehaene.
- Neurobiology of hyperthermia 2007, ScienceDirect
- Neurobiology of mental illness. 2nd ed. 2004, MyiLibrary
- Neurobiology of olfaction 2010, CRCnetBASEFrom odors to behaviors in Caenorhabditis elegans / Anne C. Hart and Michael Y. Chao -- Odor coding in insects / C. Giovanni Galizia and Silke Sachse -- Olfactory information processing in moths / S. Shuichi Haupt ... [et al.] -- Olfactory coding in larvae of the African clawed frog Xenopus laevis / Ivan Manzini and Detlev Schild -- Development of the olfactory system / Helen B. Treloar ... [et al.] -- Pheromones and mammalian behavior / Peter Brennan -- Odorant receptors / Bettina Malnic, Daniela C. Gonzalez-Kristeller, and Luciana M. Gutiyama -- Signal transduction in vertebrate olfactory cilia / Simone Pifferi, Anna Menini, and Takashi Kurahashi -- Multiple olfactory subsystems convey various sensory signals / Minghong Ma -- Feedback regulation of neurogenesis in the mammalian olfactory epithelium : new insights from genetics and systems biology / Kimberly K. Gokoffski ... [et al.] -- Neurogenesis in the adult olfactory bulb / Angela Pignatelli and Ottorino Belluzzi -- Active sensing in olfaction / Matt Wachowiak -- Temporal coding in olfaction / Brice Bathellier, Olivier Gschwend, and Alan Carleton -- Cortical activity evoked by odors / Donald A. Wilson and Robert L. Rennaker -- Memory and plasticity in the olfactory system : from infancy to adulthood / Anne-Marie Mouly and Regina Sullivan -- New perspectives on olfactory processing and human smell / Gordon Shepherd.
- Neurobiology of orthodontics 2009, SpringerExperience changes the brain -- Functional and dysfunctional aspects of cerebral cortex -- Sensory deprivation of the brain -- Looking Into the "Black Box" -- Language and speech -- Mastication in man -- Occlusion and mastication -- Applied neurophysiological concepts in orthodontics -- Clinical brain function -- Orthodontic avenues to neuroplasticity.
- Neurobiology of respiration 2013, SpringerAltered histone deacetylase activity and iNOS expression in cells isolated from induced sputum of COPD patients treated with tiotropium -- Involvement of NF-[kappa]B and muscle specific E3 ubiquitin ligase MuRF1 in cigarette smoke-induced catabolism in C2 myotubes -- Siglec-8 in induced sputum of COPD patients -- Essential amino acid leucine and proteasome inhibitor MG132 attenuate cigarette smoke induced catabolism in C2 myotubes -- Smoking denial in cardiovascular disease studies -- Differential effects of kainic acid lesions in medullary raphe on cough and sneeze in anesthetized rabbits -- Detection of Chlamydophila pneumoniae antigens in patients with chronic cough -- Antioxidant activity of herbal polysaccharides and cough reflex -- Cytoglobin and neuroglobin in the human brainstem and carotid body -- Flow cytometry in the diagnosis of influenza -- Accuracy of rapid influenza detection test in diagnosis of influenza A and B viruses in children less than 59 months old -- Virological monitoring of influenza activity and influenza-like illness in the epidemic season 2011-2012 in Poland -- Incidence of Chlamydophila pneumoniae infection in children during 2007-2010 -- Clinical features and outcomes of influenza A and B infections in children -- Respiratory complications in children hospitalized with Varicella -- Hyponatremia in children hospitalized due to pneumonia -- In vitro sensitivity of Acinetobacter baumannii and Pseudomonas aeruginosa to carbapenems among intensive care unit patients -- Prevalence of acute respiratory tract diseases among soldiers deployed for military operations in Iraq and Afghanistan --In vitro susceptibility of Staphylococci and Enterococci to vancomycin and teicoplanin -- Sinusitis in people living in the Medieval Ages -- Immunization coverage against capsular bacteria in splenectomized patients -- Umbilical cord blood gas content, postnatal state of neonates, and lactation after caesarean and natural childbirth -- Respiratory function in pregnant women -- Lung function in patients with gastro-esophageal reflux disease and respiratory symptoms -- Efficacy of noninvasive mechanical ventilation in obese patients with chronic respiratory failure -- Near-infrared hemoencephalography for monitoring blood oxygenation in prefrontal cortical areas in diagnosis and therapy of developmental dyslexia -- Occlusal stabilization splint therapy in orofacial pain and tension-type headache -- Dynamics of upper airways during the Müller maneuver in healthy subjects: a cine MRI study -- EMG analysis of human inspiratory muscle resistance to fatigue during exercise -- Assessment of temporomandibular joint disease -- Spirometry Day: a means to enhance social knowledge on respiratory diseases -- Lung function in divers -- Influence of traffic-related air pollutants on lung function -- Fractional exhaled nitric oxide in clinical trials: an overview -- Real-time breath analysis in type 2 diabetes patients during cognitive effort -- Exhaled nitric oxide in specific inhalation challenge -- Integration of simulated multipotential signals: the role of integration window width and of the number of spikes --Functional and topographic concordance of right atrial neural structures inducing sinus tachycardia -- Occurrence of disseminated intravascular coagulation in 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin-induced pneumonia in the rat -- Implementation of non-invasive methods in the diagnosis of diisocyanate-induced asthma -- Evaluation of a 4-steps-1-day whole body challenge protocol for the diagnosis of occupational asthma due to diisocyanates -- Occupational allergic respiratory diseases in garbage workers: relevance of molds and actinomycetes -- Th1, Th2, Th17, and regulatory cytokines in children with different clinical forms of allergy -- Soluble receptor for urokinase plasminogen activator in community-acquired pneumonia in children -- Hypersensitivity pneumonitis due to metalworking fluids: how to find the antigens -- Angiogenic axis angiopoietin-1 and angiopoietin-2/tie-2 in non-small cell lung cancer: a bronchoalveolar lavage and serum study -- Cancer incidence in pulmonary vasculitis -- Influence of delays in diagnosis and treatment on survival in small cell lung cancer -- Familial idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis -- High resolution computed tomography in 2-year follow-up of stage I sarcoidosis -- Altruistic aptitude: age-dependent influence of temperament and emotional intelligence -- Effect of socio-economic status on quality of life in people affected with respiratory allergy -- Exposure to paracetamol and antibiotics in early life and elevated risk of asthma in childhood -- Health behaviors and quality of life among patients with chronic respiratory disease -- Attitudes toward euthanasia among Polish physicians, nurses and people who have no professional experience with the terminally ill -- Death as a result of violent asphyxia in autopsy reports -- Respiratory and systemic infections in children with severe aplastic anemia on immunosupressive therapy.
- Neuroblastoma 2012, Springer
- Neurochemical aspects of excitotoxicity 2008, Springer
- Neurodegeneration in Neural Trauma, Neurodegenerative Diseases, and Neuropsychiatric Disorders -- Neurochemical Aspects of Ischemic Injury -- Potential Neuroprotective Strategies for Ischemic Injury -- Neurochemical Aspects of Spinal Cord Injury -- Potential Neuroprotective Strategies for Experimental Spinal Cord Injury -- Neurochemical Aspects of Traumatic Brain Injury -- Potential Neuroprotective Strategies for Traumatic Brain Injury -- Neurochemical Aspects of Neurodegenerative Diseases -- Potential Therapeutic Strategies for Neurodegenerative Diseases -- Perspective and Direction for Future Developments on Neurotraumatic and Neurodegenerative Diseases.
- Neurochemical mechanisms in disease 2011, Springer
- Neurochemistry of abused drugs 2008, CRCnetBASEThe dopamine transporter and addiction / William M. Meil and John W. Boja -- Neurochemistry of nicotine dependence / Darlene H. Brunzell -- Neurochemical substrates of habitual tobacco smoking / Irina Esterlis, Suchitra Krishnan-Sarin, and Julie K. Staley -- Neurochemical and neurobehavioral consequences of methamphetamine abuse / Colin N. Haile -- Neurochemical adaptations and cocaine dependence / Kelly P. Cosgrove and Julie K. Staley -- Neuropsychiatric consequences of chronic cocaine abuse / Deborah C. Mash -- Neurobiology of 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA or "ecstasy") / Michael H. Baumann and Richard B. Rothman.
- Neurocritical care 2010, SpringerBrain Injury and Dysfunction: The Critical Role of Primary Management / M. D. Dominic Bell -- Monitoring the Injured Brain / Simon Davies and Andrew Lindley -- The Secondary Management of Traumatic Brain Injury / Dominic Bell and John P. Adams -- Critical Care Management of Subarachnoid Hemorrhage / Audrey C. Quinn and Simon P. Holbrook -- Central Nervous System Infections / Abigail Walker and Miles Denton -- Cervical Spine Injuries / John P. Adams, Jake Timothy and Justin McKinlay -- Recent Advances in the Management of Acute Ischemic Stroke / Ahamad Hassan -- Seizures on the Adult Intensive Care Unit / Morgan Feely and Nicola Cooper -- Non-Neurological Complications of Brain Injury / John P. Adams -- Acute Weakness in Intensive Care / Louise Barnes and Michael Vucevic -- Coma, Confusion, and Agitation in Intensive Care / Matthew Clark and Justin McKinlay -- Death and Donation in Critical Care: The Diagnosis of Brainstem Death / Paul G. Murphy -- Death and Donation in Critical Care: Management of Deceased Organ Donation / Paul G. Murphy -- Imaging the Brain-Injured Patient / Tony Goddard and Kshitij Mankad -- Ethical Dilemmas Within Intensive Care / M. D. Dominic Bell.
- Neurodegeneration and prion disease 2005, Springer
- Neurodegeneration in multiple sclerosis 2007, Springer
- Neurodegenerative diseases 2012, SpringerAcute disseminated encephalomyelitis / Joy B. Parrish and E. Ann Yeh -- Age related macular degeneration / Sam Khandhadia, Jocelyn Cherry, and Andrew John Lotery -- Arachnoid cysts / Thomas Westermaier, Tilmann Schweitzer, and Ralf Ingo Ernestus -- Autism spectrum disorders : information for pediatricians supporting families of young children on the spectrum / Stephanie Patterson, Veronica Smith, and Michaela Jelen -- Autosomal recessive charcot marie tooth neuropathy / Carmen Espinós ... [et al.] -- Creutzfeldt Jakob disease / Beata Sikorska ... [et al.] -- Epigenetics in autism and other neurodevelopmental diseases / Kunio Miyake ... [et al.] -- Epilepsy and epileptic syndrome / Tomonori Ono and Aristea S. Galanopoulou -- Frontotemporal lobar degeneration / Enrico Premi, Alessandro Padovani, and Barbara Borroni -- Gerstmann Straussler Scheinker disease / Pawe P. Liberski -- Juvenile neuronal ceroid lipofuscinoses / Shiyao Wang -- Kuru : the first prion disease / Pawe P. Liberski, Beata Sikorska, and Paul Brown -- Leukodystrophies / Seth J. Perlman and Soe Mar -- Machado Joseph disease and other rare autosomal dominant spinocerebellar ataxias / Antoni Matilla Dueñas --Neurodegenerations induced by organophosphorous compounds / Alan J. Hargreaves -- Mitochondrial importance in Alzheimer's, Huntington's, and Parkinson's diseases / Sonia C. Correia ... [et al.] -- Multiple Sclerosis / Elbieta Miller -- Myotonic dystrophy type 1 or Steinert's disease / Vincenzo Romeo -- Neurodegeneration in diabetes mellitus / Hiroyuki Umegaki -- Neurofibromatoses / Erik J. Uhlmann and Scott R. Plotkin -- Oxidative stress in developmental brain disorders / Masaharu Hayashi, Rie Miyata, and Naoyuki Tanuma -- Oxidative stress and mitochondrial dysfunction in Down syndrome / Giovanni Pagano and Giuseppe Castello -- Pick's disease / Naoya Takeda, Yuki Kishimoto, and Osamu Yokota -- Premature aging syndrome / Fabio Coppedè -- The Savant syndrome and its possible relationship to epilepsy / John R. Hughes -- Sjogren Larsson syndrome / Lívia Almeida Dutra ... [et al.] -- The spinocerebellar ataxias : clinical aspects and molecular genetics / Antoni Matilla Dueñas ... [et al.] -- Tourette syndrome / Andrea E. Cavanna and Cristiano Termine.
- Neurodegenerative disorders 2011, SpringerCommon Themes in the Pathogenesis of Neurodegeneration -- Advances in Diagnostics for Neurodegenerative Disorders -- Alzheimer's Disease -- Dementia and Cerebrovascular Disease -- Parkinson's Disease -- Frontotemporal Dementia -- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis -- Huntington's Disease -- Parkinsonism Plus Syndromes -- Prion Diseases -- Medical Mimics of Neurodegenerative Diseases -- Managing Neuropsychiatric Symptoms of Neurodegenerative Diseases -- Symptomatic Management and Palliative Care in Neurodegenerative Disease.
- Neurodevelopmental disorders 2005, Springer
- Neuroeconomics. 1st ed. 2009, ScienceDirectChapter 1. Introduction: A Brief History of Neuroeconomics / Paul W. Glimcher, Colin F. Camerer, Ernst Fehr, Russell A. Poldrack -- Part I. Neoclassical Economic Approaches to the Brain -- Part II. Behavioral Economics and the Brain -- Part III. Social Decision Making, Neuroeconomics, and Emotion -- Part IV. Understanding Valuation - Learning Valuations -- Part V. The Neural Mechanisms for Choice.
- Neuroendocrine immune network in ageing 2004, ScienceDirect
- Neuroendocrine tumors 2011, SpringerGlobal epidemiology of neuroendocrine tumors -- Pathology -- Multiple endocrine neoplasia -- Other genetic syndromes -- Imaging of neuroendocrine tumors -- Surgical management of sporadic gastrointestinal neuroendocrine tumors -- Management of neuroendocrine tumor hormonal syndromes -- Management of metastatic carcinoid tumors -- Medical management of islet cell carcinoma -- Poorly differentiated neuroendocrine tumors -- Hereditary and sporadic medullary thyroid carcinoma -- Adrenocortical carcinoma -- Pheochromocytoma -- Merkel cell carcinoma.
- Neuroendocrinology. [Part II], Pathological situations and diseases. 1st ed. 2010, ScienceDirectGlucocorticoid-induced apoptosis of healthy and malignant lymphocytes / L.K. Smith, J.A. Cidloski.-- Impact of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal/gonadal axes on trajectory of age-related cognitive decline / C.D. Conrad, H.A. Biomonte-Nelson.-- Menopause and mitochondria: windows into estrogen effects on Alzheimer's disease risk and therapy / V.W. Henderson, R. Diaz Brinton.-- DHEA, important source of sex steroids in men and even more in women / F. Labrie.-- Neuroendocrinology of post-traumatic stress disorder / P. Pervanidou, G.P. Chrousos.-- Assisted reproduction and its neuroendocrine impact on the offspring / C. Kanaka-Gantenbein, S. Sakka, G.P. Chrousos.-- Sex hormone and neuroendocrine aspects of the metobolic syndrome / H. Nawata, T. Watanabe, T. Yanase, M. Nomura, K. Ashida, L. Min, W. Fan.-- Ghrelin's role as a major regulator of appetitie and its other functions in neuroendocrinology / C.T. Lim, B. Kola, M. Korbonits, A.B. Grossman.-- Pathogenesis of pituitary tumors / R. Yu, S. Melmed.-- Molecular genetics of the AIP gene in familial pituitary tumorigenesis / A. Tahir, H.S. Chahal, M. Korbonits.-- Somatostatin and somatostatin receptors: from basic concepts to clinical applications / M.C. De Martino. J.J. Hofland, S.W.J. Lamberts.-- Somatostatin analogues: treatment of pituitary and neuroendocrine tumors / A. Colao, A. Faggiano, R. Pivonello.-- The MENX syndrome and p27: relationships with multiple endocrine neoplasia / S. Molatore, N.S. Pellegata.-- Hormonal therapy of prostate cancer / F. Labrie.-- Pheochromocytoma and paraganglioma / V. Kantorovich, K. Pacak.
- Neuroendocrinology. [Part I], The Normal neuroendocrine system. 1st ed. 2010, ScienceDirectch. 1.Cellular signalling : peptide hormones and growth factors /Barry I. Posner and Stephane A. Laporte --ch. 2.Neuroendocrine control of energy homeostasis : update on new insights /Satya P. Kalra and Pushpa S. Kalra --ch. 3.Reproductive behaviors : new developments in concepts and in molecular mechanisms /Zachary M. Weil, Gen Murakami and Donald W. Pfaff --ch. 4.Interactions betwen the immune and neuroendocrine systems /Serge Rivest --ch. 5.Physiological roles of the kisspeptin/GPR54 system in the neuroendocrine control of reproduction /Rafael Pineda, ... [et al.] --ch. 6.Regulation of complex pulsatile and rhythmic neuroendocrine systems : the male gonadal axis as a prototype /Johannes D. Veldhuis, Daniel M. Keenan and Steven M. Pincus --ch. 7.Physiological significance of the rhythmic section of hypothalamic and pituitary hormones /Earn-Hui Gan and Richard Quinton --ch. 8.Melatonin : a multitasking molecule /Russel J. Reiter, Dun-Xian Tan and Lorena Fuentes-Broto --ch. 9.Modulation of steroid hormone receptor activity /Vladimir Stanišić, David M. Lonard and Bert W. O'Malley --ch. 10.The intracrine sex steroid biosynthesis pathways /Van Luu-The and Fernand Labrie --ch. 11.Steroidogenic enzymes in the brain : morphological aspects /Georges Pelletier --ch. 12.The multiple roles of estrogens and the enzyme aromatase /Wah Chin Boon, Jenny D. Y. Chow and Evan R. Simpson --ch. 13.ER[beta] in CNS : new roles in development and function /Xiaotang Fan, ... [et al.] --ch. 14.Interactions of estradiol and insulin-like growth factor-I signalling in the nervous system : new advances /Luis M. Garcia-Segura, María-Angeles Arévalo and Iñigo Azcoitia --ch. 15.A hormonal contraceptive for men : how close are we? /Ilpo Huhtaniemi.
- Neuroendovascular surgery 2005, KargerCurrent and future management strategies for intracranial aneurysms and carotid artery stenosis / E.M. Deshaies, A.S. Boulos -- The use of stents in the management of neurovascular disease: a historical and present status review / M.B. Horowitz, P.D. Purdy -- Carotid angioplasty with stenting and carotid endarterectomy: both are here to stay / R.A. Hanel ... [et al.] -- Endovascular treatment of acute ischemic embolic stroke / C.C. Ionita ... [et al.] -- Intracranial stenting / M.R. Harrigan ... [et al.] -- Angioplasty for repair of intracranial arterial stenosis / A.J. Ringer -- Endovascular therapy for intracranial aneurysms: a historical and present perspective / M.B. Horowitz ... [et al.] --Endovascular management of wide-necked aneurysms / M. Horowitz, E.I. Levy -- Liquid embolic agents in the treatment of intracranial arteriovenous malformations / J.U. Howington ... [et al.] -- Management of arteriovenous malformations using liquid agents / B.M. Ozgur, D.I. Levy -- Treatment of dural arteriovenous fistulas / L. Feng, P.M. Meyers, R.T. Higashida -- Tumor embolization / E.I. Levy ... [et al.] -- Acute and chronic venous sinus thrombosis / M.B. Horowitz ... [et al.] -- Vein of galen aneurysms: a review and current perspective / M.B. Horowitz ... [et al.] -- Petrosal sinus sampling for Cushing's disease / M.B. Horowitz ... [et al.].
- Neuroengineering 2008, CRCnetBASEComparing electrodes for use as cortical control signals : tiny tines, tiny wires, or tiny cones on wires : which is best? / Philip R. Kennedy -- Neuromotor prosthetics : design and future directions / Mijail D. Serruya, Sung-Phil Kim, and John P. Donoghue -- Transcutaneous FES for ambulation : the parastep system / Daniel Graupe -- Development of a multifunctional 22-channel functional electrical stimulator for paraplegia / Ross Davis ... [et al.] -- An implantable bionic network of injectable neural prosthetic devices : the future platform for functional electrical stimulation and sensing to restore movement and sensation / Joseph Schulman ... [et al.] --History and overview of neural engineering / Daniel DiLorenzo and Robert E. Gross -- Cellular mechanisms of action of therapeutic brain stimulation / Zelma Kiss and Trent Anderson -- Neuromodulation : current trends in interfering with epileptic seizures / Ana Luisa Velasco ... [et al.] -- Responsive neurostimulation for epilepsy--neurosurgical experience : patient selection and implantation technique / Kostas N. Fountas and Joseph R. Smith -- Responsive neurostimulation for epilepsy : RNS technology and clinical studies / Thomas K. Tcheng and Martha Morrell -- Deep brain stimulation for pain management / Donald E. Richardson --Spinal cord stimulation for pain management / Allen W. Burton and Phillip C. Phan -- Motor cortex stimulation for pain management / Shivanand P. Lad, Kevin Chao, and Jaimie M. Henderson -- Deep brain stimulation for obsessive compulsive disorder / Wael F. Asaad and Emad N. Eskandar -- Cochlear prostheses : an introduction / Donald K. Eddington -- Visual prostheses / Robert J. Greenberg -- General clinical issues relevant to brain-computer interfaces / Eric C. Leuthardt ... [et al.] -- Implantable brain-computer interfaces : neurosurgical experience and perspective / Roy A.E. Bakay --Tapping into the spinal cord for restoring function after spinal cord injury / Lisa Guevremont and Vivian K. Mushahwar -- Theory and physiology of electrical stimulation of the central nervous system / Warren M. Grill -- Transient optical nerve stimulation : concepts and methodology of pulsed infrared laser stimulation of the peripheral nerve in vivo / Jonathan D. Wells ... [et al.] -- Transcranial magnetic stimulation of deep brain regions / Yiftach Roth and Abraham Zangen -- Application of neural plasticity for vision restoration after brain damage / Imelda Pasley ... [et al.].
- Neuroexam.com WebsiteDemonstrates how to perform a complete neurologic examination. It is intended for medical students, residents, and other students in the health care professions.
- Neurogenesis and neural plasticity 2013, SpringerNeurogenesis in the Adult Mammalian Brain: How Much Do We Need, How Much Do We Have? /Ilias Kazanis --Neurogenesis and Hippocampal Plasticity in Adult Brain /Yan Gu, Stephen Janoschka, Shaoyu Ge --Adult-Born Neurons in the Olfactory Bulb: Integration and Functional Consequences /Gilles Gheusi, Gabriel Lepousez, Pierre-Marie Lledo --Network, Cellular, and Molecular Mechanisms Underlying Long-Term Memory Formation /Mariana Carasatorre, Víctor Ramírez-Amaya --Neurotrophins and Synaptic Plasticity /Andrea Gómez-Palacio-Schjetnan, Martha L. Escobar --Differential Effects of Stress and Glucocorticoids on Adult Neurogenesis /Timothy J. Schoenfeld, Elizabeth Gould --Effects of Environmental Enrichment Exposure on Synaptic Transmission and Plasticity in the Hippocampus /Michael J. Eckert, Wickliffe C. Abraham --All About Running: Synaptic Plasticity, Growth Factors and Adult Hippocampal Neurogenesis /Carmen Vivar, Michelle C. Potter, Henriette van Praag --The Effect of Systemic Chemotherapy on Neurogenesis, Plasticity and Memory /Peter Wigmore --Novel Insights into Depression and Antidepressants: A Synergy Between Synaptogenesis and Neurogenesis? /Francis Rodriguez Bambico, Catherine Belzung --Deficient Plasticity in the Hippocampus and the Spiral of Addiction: Focus on Adult Neurogenesis /Juan J. Canales --Prolonged Running, not Fluoxetine Treatment, Increases Neurogenesis, but does not Alter Neuropathology, in the 3xTg Mouse Model of Alzheimer's Disease /Michael W. Marlatt, Michelle C. Potter --Hippocampal Neurogenesis and Ageing /Sébastien Couillard-Després --Repair of the CNS Using Endogenous and Transplanted Neural Stem Cells /R. C. Trueman, A. Klein, H. S. Lindgren, M. J. Lelos.
- Neurogenesis in the adult brain. I, Neurobiology 2011, Springer
- Neurogenesis in the adult brain. II, Clinical implications 2011, Springer
- Neurogenetics 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Neurogenetics 2002, Springer Protocols
- Neurogenic inflammation in health and disease 2009, ScienceDirect
- Neuroimaging in dementia 2011, Springer
- Neuroimmune pharmacology 2007, Springer
- Neuroimmunology of sleep 2007, Springer
- Neuroimmunology of the skin 2009, Springer
- Neuroinflammation. 1st ed. 2011, ScienceDirect1. Multiple Sclerosis: Pathophysiology, Clinical Features, Diagnosis, and Management / Amir-Hadi Maghzi, Aimee Borazanci, Jeanie McGee, J. Steven Alexander, Eduardo Gonzalez-Toledo, Alireza Minagar -- 2. Epstein-Barr Virus and Multiple Sclerosis: Wrong Place, Wrong Time? / Amir-Hadi Maghzi, Monica Marta, Isabel Bosca, Mohammad-Reza Savoj, Masoud Etemadifar, Gavin Giovannoni, Ute-Christiane Meier -- 3. Neutralizing Antibodies and Multiple Sclerosis / Amy C. Rauchway -- 4. Animal Models of Multiple Sclerosis / Fumitaka Sato, Seiichi Omura, Nicholas E. Martinez, Ikuo Tsunoda -- 5. Neuroimaging of Multiple Sclerosis: An Update / Alexandra Lopez-Soriano, Robert Zivadinov -- 6. Role of IL-12/IL-23 in the Pathogenesis of Multiple Sclerosis / Yuhong Yang, Amy E. Lovett-Racke, Michael K. Racke -- 7. Spinal Cord Injury and its Relationship to the Development or Worsening of Clinical Multiple Sclerosis / Peter O. Behan, Abhijit Chaudhuri -- 8. Clinical Development and Benefit-Risk Profile of Natalizumab / Eileen M. O'Connor, Rae Ann Maxwell -- 9. Remyelination in Multiple Sclerosis / Martin Stangel, Refik Pul, Thomas Skripuletz, Corinna Trebst, Elke Voss, Viktoria Gudi -- 10. Transverse Myelitis / Amir-Hadi Maghzi, Masoud Etemadifar, Mohammad-Reza Savoj, J. Steven Alexander, Eduardo Gonzalez-Toledo, Alireza Minagar -- 11. Neuromyelitis Optica / Natalie Cornay, Robin Davis, Meghan Harris, Brian Rabin, Karen Small, Edward Johnson, Eduardo Gonzalez-Toledo, Stephen Jaffe, Alireza Minagar -- 12. Optic Neuritis: Pathophysiology, Clinical Features, and Management / Clare Fraser, Gordon T. Plant -- 13. Ischemic Demyelination / Tiffany Chang, Roger E. Kelley -- 14. Inflammatory Mechanisms in Ischemic Cerebrovascular Disease / Mutsumi Nagai, D. Neil Granger -- 15. Protection Against Neuroinflammation by Promoting Co-activation of G Protein-Growth Factor Signaling and Metabolic Flexibility in the Brain / Donard S. Dwyer, Parrin Patterson -- 16. Mesenchymal Stem Cells, Inflammation, and Neurodegenerative Diseases / Behrouz Nikbin, Yadollah Shakiba, Mandana Mohyeddin Bonab, Alireza Minagar, Stephen Jaffe -- 17. Inflammatory Mediators in Obstructive Sleep Apnea / David E. McCarty, Andrew L. Chesson Jr. -- 18. The Role of Neuroinflammation in Parkinson's Disease / Xi Chen, Malú G. Tansey -- 19. Neuroinflammation and Pediatric Lupus / Marisa Klein-Gitelman, Hermine Brunner -- 20. Central Nervous System Vasculitis / Ludovico D'Incerti, Francesco Deleo, Gabriele Di Comite -- 21. Systemic Lupus Erythematosus-Vasculopathy/Vasculitis, Susac Syndrome, and Myasthenia Gravis / Magdalena Olszanecka-Glinianowicz, Antoni Hrycek, Pawel Cieélik -- 22. Inflammatory Mechanisms in Guillain-Barré Syndrome / Robert N. Schwendimann -- 23. Neurologic Manifestations of Herpes Zoster / Maria A. Nagel, Don Gilden, Ravi Mahalingam, Randall J. Cohrs.
- Neuroinformatics 2007, Springer ProtocolsManaging knowledge in neuroscience / Chiquito J. Crasto and Gordon M. Shepherd -- Interoperability across neuroscience databases / Luis Marenco ... [et al.] -- Database architectures for neuroscience applications / Prakash Nadkarni and Luis Marenco -- XML for data representation and model specification in neuroscience / Sharon M. Crook and Fred W. Howell -- Creating neuroscience ontologies / Douglas M. Bowden, Mark Dubach, and Jack Park -- Model structure analysis in NEURON / Michael L. Hines, Tom M. Morse, and N.T. Carnevale -- Constructing realistic neural simulations with GENESIS / James M. Bower and David Beeman -- Simulator for neural networks and action potentials / Douglas A. Baxter and John H. Byrne -- Data mining through simulation / William W. Lytton and Mark Stewart -- Computational exploration of neuron and neural network models in neurobiology / Astrid A. Prinz -- Brain atlases and neuroanatomic imaging / Allan MacKenzie-Graham, Jyl Boline, and Arthur W. Toga -- Brain mapping with high-resolution fMRI technology / Nian Liu -- Brain spatial normalization / William Bug ... [et al.] -- Workflow-based approaches to neuroimaging analysis / Kate Fissell -- Databasing receptor distributions in the brain / Rolf Kötter ... [et al.] -- An informatics approach to systems neurogenetics / Glenn D. Rosen -- Computational models of dementia and neurological problems / Włodzisław Duch -- Integrating genetic, functional genomic, and bioinformatics data in a systems biology approach to complex diseases : application to Schizophrenia / F.A. Middleton ... [et al.] -- Alzforum / June Kinoshita and Timothy Clark.
- Neuroinformatics for neuropsychology 2009, SpringerCurrent neuroinformatics applications and infrastructure -- Neuroinformatics for neuropsychology -- Obstacles and aids to neuroinformatics in neuropsychology -- International Society for Neuroinformatics in Neuropsychology.
- Neurokinetics 2011, Springer
- Neurologic diagnosis 2012, Springer
- Neurologic involvement in systemic autoimmune diseases 2004, ScienceDirectSystemic lupus erythematosus -- Antiphospholipid syndrome -- Rheumatoid arthritis -- Inflammatory muscle diseases -- Vasculitides -- Other conditions with neurologic involvement.
- Neurological and psychiatric disorders 2005, SpringerNeural principles of neurological and psychiatric disorders / Frank I. Tarazi and Marc J. Kaufman -- Pharmacotherapeutic principles of neurological and psychiatric disorders / John A. Schetz -- Alzheimer's disease / Mark P. Mattson -- Huntington's disease / Susan E. Browne -- Parkinson's disease / Thomas Wichmann -- Schizophrenia / Stephan Heckers and Sabina Berretta -- Autism spectrum disorders / Evdokia Anagnostou and Eric Hollander -- Tourette's syndrome / James E. Swain, Robert A. King, and James F. Leckman -- Obsessive/compulsive disorder / David S. Husted, Nathan A. Shapira, and Wayne K. Goodman -- Unipolar depression / Julie A. Blendy and Irwin Lucki -- Bipolar disorder / Leonardo Tondo ... [et al.] -- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder / Kehong Zhang, Eugen Davids, and Ross J. Baldessarini.
- Neurological disorders and pregnancy. 1st ed. 2011, ScienceDirectTimely diagnosis and management of neurological diseases during pregnancy poses major therapeutic challenges to neurologists and other non-neurologist health care providers. Pregnancy is a unique period in life associated with significant hormonal and other physiologic changes in female patients, which may trigger or alter the course of neurological and psychiatric disorders. In addition, many diagnostic procedures that can be performed in non-pregnant women are prohibited during pregnancy for safety reasons. Therapeutic decisions and management of a pregnant patient with neurological disorders heavily depends on the issue of the reasonable balance between the risks of no treatment versus active treatment for the mother and her fetus. This book provides a review of the latest findings in this field, giving the neurologist and non-neurologist the information they need to determine the best treatment. Neurological disorders covered include multiple sclerosis, stroke and epilepsy. Discusses how neurological disorders should be managed in a pregnant patient Includes contributions from leading authorities.
- Neurological disorders in famous artists. Part 2 2007, KargerPainting after right-hemisphere stroke : case studies of professional artists / Bazner, H. Hennerici, M.G. -- I and me : self-portraiture in brain damage / Blanke, O. -- Lovis Corinth : integrating hemineglect and spatial distortions / Bazner, H., Hennerici, M.G. -- Visconti and Fellini : from left social neorealism to right-hemisphere stroke / Dieguez, S., Assal, G., Bogousslavsky, J.-- De novo artistic behaviour following brain injury / Pollak, T.A., Mulvenna, C. M., Lythgoe, M.F. -- Marcel Proust's diseases and doctors : the neurological story of a life / Bogousslavsky, J. -- Heinrich Heine and syphilis / auf der Horst, C. -- Baudelaire's aphasia : from poetry to cursing / Dieguez, S., Bogousslavsky, J. -- Memory and the creation of art : the syndrome, as in de Kooning, of 'Creating in the Midst of Dementia' / Espinel, C. H. -- Persisting aphasia, cerebral dominance, and painting in the famous artist Carl Fredrik Reuterswärd / Colombo-Thuillard, F., Assal, G. -- Mozart in the neurological department : who has the tic? / Kammer, T. -- Hans von Bulow : creativity and neurological disease in a famous pianist and conductor / Wöhrle, J. C., Haas, F. -- Synaesthesia, the arts and creativity : a neurological connection / Mulvenna, C. M. -- The hallucinating art of Heinrich Füssli / Baumann, C., Lentzsch, F., Regard, M., Bassetti, C.
- Neurological disorders in famous artists. Part 3 2010, Karger
- Neurological disorders in famous artists. [Part 1] 2005, KargerGuillaume Apollinaire, the lover assassinated / Bogousslavsky, J. -- Guy de Maupassant and Friedrich Nietzsche / Hayden, D. -- The one-man band of pain / Dieguez, S., Bogousslavsky, J. -- Gustave Flaubert's hidden sickness / Jallon, P., Jallon, H. -- Edgar Allan Poe: substance abuse versus epilepsy / Bazil, C.W. -- Dostoevsky and epilepsy: an attempt to look through the frame / Rossetti, A.O., Bogousslavsky, J. -- Immanuel Kant: evolution from a personality 'disorder' to a dementia / Guard, O., Boller, F. -- Valery Larbaud / Boller, F. -- Alajouanine's painter: Paul-Elie Gernez / Boller, F. -- Carolus Horn: when the images in the brain decay: evidence of backward-development of visual and cognitive functions in Alzheimer's disease / Maurer, K., Prvulovic, D. -- Major depression and stroke in Caspar David Friedrich / Dahlenburg, B., Spitzer, C. -- Understanding Van Gogh's night: bipolar disorder / Carota, A. ... [et al.] -- The terminal illness and last compositions of Maurice Ravel / Baeck, E. -- The decay and death of Modest Musorgsky / Baeck, E. -- Georg Friedrich Händel's strokes / Bäzner, H., Hennerici, M -- The subcortical vascular encephalopathy of Joseph Haydn: pathographic illustration of the syndrome / Bäzner, H.; Hennerici, M. -- Music and the brain: Gershwin and Shebalin / Ruiz, E.; Montás, P. -- Robert Schumann's focal dystonia / Altenmüller, E.
- Neurological disorders. 2nd ed. 2003, ScienceDirect
- Neurological manifestations of pediatric infectious diseases and immunodeficiency syndromes 2008, SpringerHerpes viruses -- Myxoviruses -- Picornaviruses -- Arboviruses -- Togaviruses -- Rhabdoviruses -- Adenoviruses -- Arenaviruses -- Orthopoxviruses -- Retroviruses -- Neurological consequences of antiretroviral treatment -- Papovaviruses -- Bacterial meningitis -- Focal bacterial infections and parameningeal infections -- Streptococcus pyogenes -- Bordetella petussis -- Shigella species -- Campylobacter species -- Brucella species -- Clostridium tetani -- Clostridium botulinum -- Corynebacterium diphtheriae -- Bartonella species -- Mycobacterium tuberculosis -- Mycobacterium leprae -- Rickettsia rickettsii -- Ehrlichia and Anaplasma species -- Borrelia burgdorferi -- Treponema pallidum -- Candida species -- Cryptococcus neoformans -- Histoplasma capsulatum -- Coccidiodes species -- Phaeohyphomycoses -- Protozoal infections -- Babesia species -- Helminth infections -- Neurological disease and primary immunodeficiency -- Basic principles of selective neurological treatments.
- Neurological rehabilitation 2013, ScienceDirectNeurological Rehabilitation is the latest volume in the definitive Handbook of Clinical Neurology series. It is the first time that this increasing important subject has been included in the series and this reflects the growing interest and quality of scientific data on topics around neural recovery and the practical applications of new research. The volume will appeal to clinicians from both neurological and rehabilitation backgrounds and contains topics of interest to all members of the multidisciplinary clinical team as well as the neuroscience community. The volume is divided into five key sections. The first is a summary of current research on neural repair, recovery and plasticity. The authors have kept the topics readable for a non-scientific audience and focused on the aspects of basic neuroscience that should be most relevant to clinical practice. The next section covers the basic principles of neurorehabilitation, including excellent chapters on learning and skill acquisition, outcome measurement and functional neuroimaging. The key clinical section comes next and includes updates and reviews on the management of the main neurological disabling physical problems, such as spasticity, pain, sexual functioning and dysphagia. Cognitive, emotional and behavioural problems are just as important and are covered in the next section, with excellent chapters, for example, on memory and management of executive dysfunction. The final part draws the sections on symptom management together by discussing the individual diseases that are most commonly seen in neurorehabilitation and providing an overview of the management of the disability associated with those disorders. The volume is a definitive review of current neurorehabilitation practice and will be valuable to a wide range of clinicians and scientists working in this rapidly developing field. *A volume in the Handbook of Clinical Neurology series, which has an unparalleled reputation as the world's most comprehensive source of information in neurology. *International list of contributors including the leading workers in the field. *Describes the advances which have occurred in clinical neurology and the neurosciences, their impact on the understanding of neurological disorders and on patient care.
- Neurology 2012, Springer
- Neurology in clinical practice. 5th ed. 2008, MD Consultv. 1. Principles of diagnosis and management -- v. 2. The neurological disorders.
- Neurology of consciousness. 1st ed. 2009, ScienceDirectSection I. Basics -- Section II. Waking, Sleep and Anaesthesia -- Section III. Coma and Related Conditions -- Section IV. Seizures, Splits, Neglects and Assorted Disorders.
- Neurology oral boards review 2005, SpringerTest description -- Study approach and test-taking strategies -- Clinical vignettes: emergencies -- Cerebrovascular disease -- Epilepsy -- Neuromuscular disease -- Herniation syndromes -- Infectious disease -- Spinal cord disease -- Movement disorders -- Toxic-metabolic -- Clinical vignettes: general neurology -- Behavioral neurology -- Cerebrovascular disorders -- Pain syndromes -- Neuromuscular disorders -- Movement disorders -- Epilepsy -- Neuroimmunology -- Sleep disorders -- Infectious disorders -- Neoplastic disorders -- Vestibular disorders -- Pediatric neurology.
- Neurology study guide 2005, Springer
- Neurology. 4th ed. 2004, Thieme Book
- Neurology. 6th ed. 2006
- Neuromodulation. 1st ed. v. 1-2, 2009., ScienceDirectv. 1. Section I. An introduction to neuromodulation -- Section II. Fundamentals of neuromodulation -- Section IIA. Fundamentals of neuromodulation: mechanisms -- Section III. Biomedical engineering considerations -- Section IV. Neuromodulation for chronic pain -- Section IVA. Periphery and spinal cord electrical stimulation for non-visceral pain -- Section IVB. Infusional therapies for pain -- Section IVC. Brain stimulation for painv. 2. Section V. Neuomodulation for movement disorders -- Section VI. Neurostimulation for epilepsy -- Section VII. Neuromodulation for psychiatric disorders -- Section VIII. Neuromodulation for functional restoration -- Section IX. Neuromodulation of body organs -- Section IXA. Neuromodulation for cardiovascular disorders -- Section IXB. Neuromodulation for gastrointestinal disorders -- Section IXC. Neuromodulation for urogenital disorders -- Section X. Neuromodulation for emerging applications -- Section XI. Neuromodulation device implant techniques.
- Neuromuscular disease 2006, SpringerBasic principles of epidemiology and biostatistics -- Diagnosis -- Treatment -- Prognosis -- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis -- Cervical spondylosis -- Lumbar spondylosis -- Polyneuropathy -- Paraproteinemic neuropathies -- Vasculitic neuropathy -- Guillain-Barré syndrome -- Chronic-inflammatory demyelinating polyradiculoneuropathy -- Multifocal motor neuropathy -- Inherited neuropathies -- Carpal tunnel syndrome -- Ulnar neuropathy at the elbow -- Myasthenia gravis -- Lambert-Eaton myasthenic syndrome -- Inflammatory myopathy -- Idiopathic hyper-CK-emia -- Statin-associated myopathy -- Metabolic myopathy -- Critical illness weakness -- Myotonic dystrophy -- Facioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophy.
- Neuromuscular junction disorders 2007, ScienceDirect
- Neuronal noise 2012, Springer
- Neurons 2003, ScienceDirect
- Neuropeptide techniques 2008, Springer Protocols
- Neurophysiology in neurosurgery 2002, ScienceDirect
- Neuroplasticity 2011, SpringerNeuroplasticity - A New Approach to the Pathophysiology of Depression --Glutamate-Mediated Neuroplasticity Deficits in Mood Disorders --Regulation of Cellular Plasticity in Mood Disorders: The Role of the AMPA Receptor --Cellular Plasticity and the Pathophysiology of Depression --Clinical Consequences of the Role of Glutamate and Neuroplasticity in Depressive Disorder.
- Neuroplasticity, development, and steroid hormone action 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Neuroprotection methods and protocols 2007, Springer ProtocolsNeuronal death and neuroprotection : a review / Mariaelena Repici, Jean Mariani, and Tiziana Borsello -- The use of propidium iodide to assess excitotoxic neuronal death in primary mixed cortical cultures / Anthony C. Lau, Hong Cui, and Michael Tymianski -- A modified silver technique (de Olmos Stain) for assessment of neuronal and axonal degeneration / Tatyana I. Tenkova and Mark P. Goldberg -- Model of acute injury to study neuroprotection / Michal Schwartz and Jonathan Kipnis -- Organotypic entorhino-hippocampal slice cultures : a tool to study the molecular and cellular regulation of axonal regeneration and collateral sprouting in vitro / Domenico Del Turco and Thomas Deller -- Role of Nrf2-dependent ARE-driven antioxidant pathway in neuroprotection / Jiang Li ... [et al.] -- Biochemical methods to assess the coupling of brain energy metabolism in control and disease states / Jennifer Zechel, W. David Lust, and Michele Puchowicz -- A method for isolating prosurvival targets of NF-[kappa]B/rel transcription factors / Christian Kuntzen ... [et al.] -- Functional cloning of genes regulating apoptosis in neuronal cells / Roberta Visconti and Luciano D'Adamio -- Characterization of mRNA expression in single neurons / David M. Lin ... [et al.] -- Brain on a chip : a method to detect novel neuroprotective candidate targets / Yang Tang and Myriam Bernaudin -- Intracerebral infusion of neurotrophic factors / Theo Hagg -- Synthesis of cell-penetrating peptides and their application in neurobiology / Gunnar P.H. Dietz and Mathias Bähr -- The stem cells as a potential treatment for neurodegeneration / Ferrari Daniela, Angelo Luigi Vescovi, and Daniele Bottai -- In vivo tomographic imaging studies of neurodegeneration and neuroprotection : a review / Rikki N. Waterhouse and Jun Zhao.
- Neuropsychiatric disorders 2010, SpringerPart I. Introduction -- Part II. Neuropsychiatric Syndromes -- Part III. Seizure Disorders -- Part IV. Traumatic Brain Injury -- Part V. Vascular and Inflammatory Disorders -- Part VI. Neurodegenerative Disorders.
- Neuropsychiatry. 2nd ed. 2003, Ovid
- Neuropsychological assessments of dementia in Down syndrome and intellectual disabilities 2009, Springer
- Neuropsychology and behavioral neurology 2008, ScienceDirect
- Neuropsychology toolkit 2012, SpringerPart 1.NEURULES: GUIDELINES FOR IMPROVING ASSESSMENT AND REPORTING --Pre-Test --Interacting with Others --Managing Environmental Considerations --Obtaining and Reporting Background Information --Selecting Tests and Categorizing Performance --Testing, Interpreting, and Reporting Results --Reporting Conclusions, Diagnoses, and Recommendations --Writing Effectively --Controlling Quality --Post-Test --Part 2.FORMATS: QUESTIONNAIRES AND REPORTS --Self-Report Questionnaire --Family Report Questionnaire --Short Report Format --Long Report Format --Part 3.LANGUAGE --Validity --Test Results --Conclusions --Recommendations.
- Neurorehabilitation technology 2012, Springer
- Neuroscience in medicine. 3rd ed. 2008, Springer
- Neuroscience of preference and choice. 1st ed. 2012, ScienceDirectThe neurobiology of preferences / Mkael Symmonds and Raymond J. Dolan -- Models of value and choice / Peter Dayan -- Predicting emotional reactions: mechanisms, bias and choice / Tali Sharot -- The evolution of our preferences: insights from non-human primates / Venkat Lakshminarayanan and Laurie R. Santos -- The effect of context on choice and value / Benedetto de Martino -- Preference change through choice / Petter Johansson, Lars Hall and Nick Chater -- Set-size effects and the neural representation of value / Kenway Louie and Paul W. Glimcher -- Social factors and preference change / Daniel Campbell-Meiklejohn and Chris D. Frith -- Social and emotional factors in decision-making: appraisal and value / Elizabeth A. Phelps and Peter Sokol-Hessner -- Auditory preferences and aesthetics: music, voices, and everyday sounds / Josh H. McDermott -- The flexibility of chemosensory preferences / Géraldine Coppin and David Sander -- Dynamic preference formation via gaze and memory / Hsin-I Liao and Shinsuke Shimojo -- Choice sets as percepts / Andrew Caplin -- Preferences and their implication for policy, health and wellbeing / Ivo Vlaev and Ara Darzi.
- Neuroscience. 2nd ed. 2001, NCBI Bookshelf
- Neurosteroid effects in the central nervous system 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Neurosurgery 2010, Springer
- Neurotherapy 2009, ScienceDirect
- Neurotransmitter interactions and cognitive function 2006, Springer
- 20 years of computational neuroscienc...
- — Decision making ........................
- Deep brain stimulation .................
- — Integrated cytology of cerebrospinal ...
- Integrative pain medicine ..............
- — Neurotransmitter interactions and cog...
- Neurotrauma ............................
- — Zebrafish neurobehavioral protocols ....
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
1st ed. [print] 2013
Author: Ofri, Danielle