Books by Subject
- 20 years of computational neuroscienc...
- — Dementia in clinical practice ..........
- Dementias ..............................
- — Intracerebral hemorrhage research ......
- Intracranial pressure and brain monit...
- — New frontiers in respiratory control ...
- New methods for culturing cells from ...
- — Zebrafish neurobehavioral protocols ....
- Dementias 2008, ScienceDirect
- Dendritic neurotransmitter release 2005, Springer
- Dentate gyrus 2007, ScienceDirect
- Development and engineering of dopamine neurons 2009, SpringerDevelopment of the dopamine systems in zebrafish / Jørn Schweitzer and Wolfgang Driever -- Dopamine systems in the forebrain / John W. Cave and Harriet Baker -- The role of Otx genes in progenitor domains of ventral midbrain / Antonio Simeone ... [et al.] -- Terminal differentiation of mesodiencephalic dopaminergic neurons : the role of Nurr1 and Pitx3 / Marten P. Smidt and J. Peter H. Burbach -- Foxa1 and Foxa2 transcription factors regulate differentiation of midbrain dopaminergic neurons / Siew-Lan Ang -- Transcriptional regulation of their survival : the engrailed homeobox genes / Horst H. Simon and Kambiz N. Alavian -- Neurotrophic support of midbrain dopaminergic neurons / Oliver von Bohlen und Halbach and Klaus Unsicker -- TGF in dopamine neuron development, maintenance, and neuroprotection / Eleni Roussa, Oliver von Bohlen und Halbach, and Kerstin Krieglstein -- Axon guidance in the dopamine system / Asheeta A. Prasad and R. Jeroen Pasterkamp -- Protocols for generating ES-cell-derived dopamine neurons / Sonja Kriks and Lorenz Studer -- Molecular and cellular determinants for generating ES-cell-derived dopamine neurons for cell therapy / -- Jan Pruszak and Ole Isacson.
- Development and plasticity in sensory thalamus and cortex 2006, Springer
- Development, dynamics and pathology of neuronal networks 2005, ScienceDirectSection I. Neuronal network formation. Neuronal network formation in human cerebral cortex -- Section II. Molecular and cell biological mechanisms of neuronal network development and synapse formation. Regulation of dendritic growth by calcium and neurotrophin signaling. Dynamics and pathology of dendritic spines. Introduction to the sixteenth C.U. Ariens Kappers lecture. Mechanisms of retinotopic map developments: Ephs, ephrins, and spontaneous correlated retinal activity. Biologically plausible models of neurite outgrowth. Competition in neurite outgrowth and the development of nerve connections -- Section III. Synapse rearrangement. Molecular substrates of plasticity in the developing visual cortex. Excitatory-inhibitory balance and critical period plasticity in the developing visual cortex. Structural plasticity in the developing visual system. Mechanisms controlling the formation of retinal mosaics. Laminar circuit formation in the vertebrate retina -- Section IV. Structure and dynamics in neurons and neuronal networks. Dynamics and plasticity in developing neuronal networks in vitro. Learning in ex-vivo developing networks of cortical neurons. Role of synaptic inhibition in spatiotemporal patterning of cortical activity. Synaptic mechanisms that shape visual signaling at the inner retina. The involvement of glutamate-gated channels in negative feedback from horizontal cells to cones. Compensatory physiological responses to chronic blockade of amino acid receptors during early development in spontaneously active organotypic cerebral cortex explants cultured in vitro -- Section V. Dynamics in neural circuits in cognition. A visual salience map in the primate frontal eye field. Chronic multiunit recordings in behaving animals: advantages and limitations -- Section VI. Deficient circuitry and cognitive/behavioral pathology. Physiological studies of information processing in the normal and Parkinsonian basal ganglia: pallidal activity in Go/No-Go task and following MPTP treatment. Rho proteins, mental retardation and the neurobiological basis of intelligence. Neurodevelopment, neuroplasticity, and new genes for schizophrenia. The impact of seizures on developing hippocampal networks. Alzheimer's disease as a disorder of dynamic brain self-organization.
- Developmental neurobiology. 4th ed. 2005, Springer
- Developmental plasticity of inhibitory circuitry 2010, Springer
- Diabetes and the brain 2009, Springer
- Diabetes, insulin, and Alzheimer's disease 2010, Springer
- Diabetic neuropathy. 2nd ed. 2007, SpringerHistorical aspects of diabetic neuropathies -- The epidemiology of diabetic neuropathy -- Genomics of diabetic neuropathy -- Transgenic and gene knockout analysis -- Hyperglycemia-initiated mechanisms in diabetic neuorpathy -- Effectors-sonic hedgehog and p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase -- Neuronal and Schwann cell death in diabetic neuropathy -- Metabolic-functional-structural correlations in somatic neuropathies in the spontaneously type 1 and type 2 diabetic BB-rats -- Experimental diabetic autonomic neuropathy -- Spinal cord: structure and function in diabetes -- Diabetic encephalopathy -- Microangiopathy, diabetes -- Pathogenesis of human diabetic neuropathy -- Clinical features of diabetic polyneuropathy -- Micro- and macrovascular disease in diabetic neuropathy -- Clinical diagnosis of diabetic neuropathy -- Punch skin biopsy in diabetic neuropathy -- Aldose reductase inhibitors for the treatment of diabetic neuropathy -- Other therapeutic agents for the treatment of diabetic neuropathy -- Pathophysiology of neuropathic pain -- Treatment of painful diabetic neuropathy -- Focal and multifocal diabetic neuropathy -- Hypoglycemia and the autonomic nervous system -- Cardiovascular autonomic neuropathy -- Postural hypotension and anhidrosis -- Gastrointestinal syndromes due to diabetes mellitus -- Genitourinary complications -- Management of diabetic foot complications.
- Diagnostic criteria in neurology 2006, SpringerConsensus, disagreement, and diagnostic labels -- Cerebrovascular diseases -- Dementias and behavioral disorders -- Demyelinating disorders -- Disorders of consciousness and brain death -- Epilepsy -- Genetic syndromes -- Headache -- Immune-based disorders -- Infectious diseases -- Movement disorders -- Neuromuscular disorders -- Pain, fatigue, and trauma -- Sleep disorders.
- Diagnostic neuropathology smears 2007, OvidSmear technique -- Smear patterns -- Reactive lesions -- Infectious diseases -- Infiltrative gliomas -- Other glial tumors -- Neural and primitive tumors -- Hematological tumors -- Extra-axial tumors -- Regional tumors -- Metastatic tumors -- Miscellanea.
- Diagnostic neuroradiology 2009, Springer
- Dictionary of hallucinations 2010, Springer
- Dictionary of neurological signs. 2nd ed. 2006, Springer
- Dictionary of neurological signs. 3rd ed. 2011, Springer
- Diffusion MRI. 1st ed. 2009, ScienceDirectIntroduction to diffusion MRI -- Introduction to diffusion MR -- Pulse sequences for diffusion-weighted MRI -- Gaussian modeling of the diffusion signal -- Multiple fibers : beyond the diffusion tensor -- Diffusion MRI for quantitative measurement -- White matter structure : a microscopist's view -- Biological basis of diffusion anisotropy -- Inferring microstructural information of white matter from diffusion MRI -- Cross-subject comparison of local diffusion MRI parameters -- Diffusion MRI in neurological disorders -- DTI in development and aging -- Individual differences in white matter microstructure in the healthy brain -- Diffusion tensor imaging and its application to schizophrenia and related disorders -- Diffusion MRI for in vivo neuroanatomy -- Classic and contemporary neural tract tracing techniques -- Human connectome: linking structure and function in the human brain -- MR diffusion tractography -- Validation of tractography -- Connectivity fingerprinting of gray matter -- Connectional anatomy of language: recent contributions from diffusion tensor tractography -- Tractography for surgical targeting -- Comparing brain connections in differenct species using diffusion weighted imaging -- Imaging structure and function.
- Diffusion-weighted MR imaging of the brain 2005, Springer
- Diffusion-weighted MR imaging of the brain. 2nd ed. 2009, Springer
- Diseases of the brain, head & neck, spine 2008, Springer
- Disorders of consciousness 2008, ScienceDirect
- Do seizures damage the brain. 1st ed. 2002, ScienceDirect
- Dopamine 2005, ScienceDirect
- Dopamine receptors. 2nd ed. 2010, Springer
- Down syndrome : from understanding the neurobiology to therapy. 1st ed. 2012, ScienceDirectTherapeutic approaches in the improvement of cognitive performance in Down syndrome: past, present, and future / R. de la Torre and M. Dierssen -- Genomic determinants in the phenotypic variability of Down syndrome / A. Letourneau and S.E. Antonarakis -- Intellectual disabilities, neuronal posttranscriptional RNA metabolism, and RNA-binding proteins: three actors for a complex scenario / B. Bardoni ... [et al.] -- Aberrant epigenetic landscape in intellectual disability / J.V. Sanchez-Mut, D. Huertas and M. Esteller -- Pathways to cognitive deficits in Down syndrome / X. Sturgeon ... [et al.] -- Neurological phenotypes for Down syndrome across the life span / I.T. Lott -- Human and mouse model cognitive phenotypes in Down syndrome: implications for assessment / J.O. Edgin ... [et al.] -- Perturbation of dendritic protrusions in intellectual disability / J. Levenga and R. Willemsen -- The in vivo Down syndrome genomic library in mouse / Y. Herault ... [et al.] -- Discoveries in Down syndrome: moving basic science to clinical care -- A.M. Kleschevnikov ... [et al.] -- A Sonic hedgehog (Shh) response deficit in trisomic cells may be a common denominator for multiple features of Down syndrome / D.G. Currier, R.C. Polk and R.H. Reeves -- Gene therapy for Down syndrome / C. Fillat and X. Altafaj.
- Drug-induced movement disorders 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Drugs of abuse 2003, Springer Protocols
- Duus' Topical diagnosis in neurology. 4th completely rev. ed. 2005, Thieme BookElements of the nervous system -- Somatosensory system -- Motor system -- Brainstem -- Cerebellum -- Diencephalon and autonomic nervous system -- Limbic system -- Basal ganglia -- Cerebrum -- Coverings of the brain and spinal cord: cerebrospinal fluid and ventricular system -- Blood supply and vascular disorders of the central nervous system.
- Duus' topical diagnosis in neurology. 5th ed. 2012, Thieme BookElements of the nervous system -- Somatosensory system -- Motor system -- Brainstem -- Cerebellum -- Diencephalon and autonomic nervous system -- Limbic system -- Basal ganglia -- Cerebrum -- 1Coverings of the brain and spinal cord; cerebrospinal fluid and ventricular system -- Blood supply and vascular disorders of the central nervous system.
- Duvernoy's Atlas of the human brain stem and cerebellum 2009, Springer
- Dynamic brain imaging 2009, Springer ProtocolsDynamic imaging of brain function / Fahmeed Hyder -- Fractal characterization of complexity in dynamic signals : application to cerebral hemodynamics / Peter Herman, Laszlo Kocsis, and Andras Eke -- Wide-field and two-photon imaging of brain activity with voltage- and calcium-sensitive dyes / Ryota Homma ... [et al.] -- Two-photon imaging of capillary blood flow in olfactory bulb glomeruli / Pascale Tiret ... [et al.] -- Astrocytic calcium signaling : mechanism and implications for functional brain imaging / Xiaohai Wang, Takahiro Takano, and Maiken Nedergaard -- Using the light scattering component of optical intrinsic signals to visualize in vivo functional structures of neural tissues / Uma Maheswari Rajagopalan, Kazushige Tsunoda, and Manabu Tanifuji -- Methods for studying functional interactions among neuronal populations / Nandakumar S. Narayanan and Mark Laubach -- Magnetoencephalography (MEG) / Andreas A. Ioannides -- Functiional neuroimaging of spike-wave seizures / Joshua E. Motelow and Hal Blumenfeld -- Tactile and non-tactile sensory paradigms for fMRI and neurophysiologic studies in rodents / Basavaraju G. Sanganahalli ... [et al.] -- Using fMRI for elucidating dynamic interactions / Yul-Wan Sung and Seiji Ogawa -- Resting-state functional connectivity in animal models : modulations by exsanguination / Bharat B. Biswal and Sridhar S. Kannurpatti -- Dynamic magnetic resonance imaging of cerebral blood flow using arterial spin labeling / Afonso C. Silva and Fernando F. Paiva -- Dynamic MRI of small electrical activity / Allen W. Song, Trong-Kha Truong, Marty Woldorff -- Advanced in vivo heteronuclear MRS approaches for studying brain bioenergetics driven by mitochondria / Xiao-Hong Zhu ... [et al.]
- Dynamic structure of NREM sleep 2013, Springer
- Dynamic synapse 2006, CRCnetBASEMethods for uncovering the mechanisms of AMPA receptor trafficking / Sophie Restituito and Edward B. Ziff -- Long-term plasticity at inhibitory synapses: a phenomenon that has been overlooked / Jean-Luc Gaiarsa and Yehezkel Ben-Ari -- New tricks for an old dog: proteomics of the PSD / Bryen A. Jordan ... [et al.] -- Phosphorylation site-specific antibodies as research tools in studies of native GABA[subscript A] receptors / Jasmina Jovanovic -- Protein palmitoylation by DHHC protein family / Yuko Fukata, David S. Bredt, Masaki Fukata --RNAi and applications in neurobiology / Tija C. Jacob -- Transfecting and transducing neurons with synthetic nucleic acids and biologically active macromolecules / Josef T. Kittler, Jonathan G. Hanley, John T.R. Isaac -- Acute in vivo expression of recombinant proteins in rat brain using Sindbis virus / Hélène Marie & Robert C. Malenka -- Lentivirus-based genetic manipulations in neurons in vivo / Pavel Osten, Tanjew Dittgen, and Pawel Licznerski -- AMPA receptor phosphorylation in synaptic plasticity : insights from knockin mice / Hey-Kyoung Lee -- Genomic and post-genomic tools for studying synapse biology / Josef T. Kittler and Peter L. Oliver.Studying the localization, surface stability and endocytosis of neurotransmitter receptors by antibody labelling and biotinylation approaches / I. Lorena Arancibia-Cárcamo ... [et al.] -- Visualisation of AMPAR trafficking and surface expression / Pavel V. Perestenko and Jeremy M. Henley -- Neurotransmitter dynamics / Sabine Lévi and Antoine Triller -- Receptor dynamics at the cell surface studied using functional tagging / Philip Thomas and Trevor G. Smart --
- Dynamic-clamp 2009, Springer
- Dynamics of visual motion processing 2001, Springer
- A clinical review of cerebral vasospasm and delayed ischaemia following aneurysm rupture -- New regulatory, signaling pathways, and sources of nitric oxide -- Advances in experimental subarachnoid hemorrhage -- Advances in treatment of cerebral vasospasm: an update -- Roles of signal transduction mechanisms in cerebral vasospasm following subarachnoid hemorrhage: overview -- Hypoperfusion in the acute phase of subarachnoid hemorrhage -- Association of APOE polymorphism with the change of brain function in the early stage of aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage -- Apoptotic mechanisms for neuronal cells in early brain injury after subarachnoid hemorrhage -- Early micro vascular changes after subarachnoid hemorrhage -- Immunological response in early brain injury after SAH -- Mechanisms of early brain injury after SAH: matrismetalloproteinase 9 -- Tyrosine phosphatase inhibition attenuates early brain injury after subarachnoid hemorrhage in rats -- Protection of minocycline on early brain injury after subarachnoid hemorrhage in rats -- Role of osteopontin in early brain injury after subarachnoid hemorrhage in rats -- Matrix metalloproteinase 9 inhibition reduces early brain injury in cortex after subarachnoid hemorrhage -- Nitric oxide synthase inhibitors and cerebral vasospasm -- The role of nitric oxide donors in treating cerebral vasospasm after subarachnoid hemorrhage -- Nitric oxide in early brain injury after subarachnoid hemorrhage -- Nitric oxide related pathophysiological changes following subarachnoid hemorrhage -- Endothelin-1(1-31) induces spreading depolarization in rats -- The gamut of blood flow responses couples to spreading depolarization in rat and human brain: from hyperemia to prolonged ischemia -- Cerebral microdialysis in acutely brain-injured patients with spreading depolarizations --Mitogen-activated protein kinases in cerebral vasospasm after subarachnoid hemorrhage: a review -- Association of apolipoprotein E polymorphisms with cerebral vasospasm after spontaneous subarachnoid hemorrhage -- Impact of subarachnoid hemorrhage on local and global calcium signaling in cerebral artery myocytes -- Enhanced angiogenesis and astrocyte activation by ecdysterone treatment in a focal cerebral ischemia rat model -- Bilirubin oxidation products seen post subarachnoid hemorrhage have greater effects on aged rat brain compared to young -- Preliminary results of an ICP-controlled subarachnoid hemorrhage rabbit model for the study of delayed cerebral vasospasm -- PKGIx inhibits the proliferation of cerebral arterial smooth muscle cell induced by oxyhemoglobin after subarachnoid hemorrhage -- Characteristics of in vivo animal models of delayed cerebral vasospasm -- Endothelin related pathophysiology in cerebral vasospasm: what happens to the cerebral vessels? -- Expression and role of COMT in a rat subarachnoid hemorrhage model -- Monitoring of the inflammatory response after aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage in the clinical setting: review of literature and report of preliminary clinical experience -- Perimesencephalic subarachnoid hemorrhage: risk factors, clinical presentations, and outcome -- The relationship between IL-6 in CSF and occurrence of vasospasm after subarachnoid hemorrhage -- Non-aneurysm subarachnoid hemorrhage in young adults -- Cardiac damage after subarachnoid hemorrhage -- Analysis on death-associated factors of patients with subarachnoid hemorrhage during hospitalization -- Clinical study of changes of cerebral microcirculation in cerebral vasospasm after SAH -- Effect of weekend admission on in-hospital mortality after subarachnoid hemorrhage in Chongquing China -- The correlation between COMT gene polymorphism and early cerebral vasospasm after subarachnoid hemorrhage -- Fever increased in-hospital mortality after subarachnoid hemorrhage -- Subarachnoid hemorrhage in old patients in Chongquing China.
- EEG-fMRI 2010, Springer
- Effective migraine treatment in pregnant and lactating women 2009, SpringerUnderstanding migraine and pregnancy -- Safety rating systems for drugs used in pregnancy and lactation -- Non-pharmacological headache treatments -- Acute treatment options for the pregnant headache patient -- Acute treatment options for the lactating headache patient -- Preventive treatment options for the pregnant headache patient -- Preventive treatment options for the lactating headache patient -- Urgent care/emergency treatment of the acute, severe headache in pregnant and lactating patients -- Work-up for headache during pregnancy and lactation -- Patient headache resources.
- Electrochemical methods for neuroscience 2007, CRCnetBASEAn introduction to electrochemical methods in neuroscience / Laura M. Borland and Adrian C. Michael -- Rapid dopamine release in freely moving rats / Donita L. Robinson and R. Mark Wightman -- Presynaptic regulation of extracellular dopamine as studied by continuous amperometry in anesthetized animals / Marianne Benoit-Marand, Marie-Francoise Suaud-Chagny, and François Gonon -- Fast scan cyclic voltammetry of dopamine and serotonin in mouse brain slices / Carrie E. John and Sara R. Jones -- High-speed chronoamperometry to study kinetics and mechanisms for serotonin clearance in vivo / Lynette C. Daws and Glenn M. Toney -- Using high-speed chronoamperometry coupled with local dopamine application to assess dopamine transporter function / Joshua M. Gulley, Gaynor A. Larson, and Nancy R. Zahniser --Determining serotonin and dopamine uptake rates in synaptosomes using high-speed chronoamperometry / Xiomara A. Perez, Amanda J. Bressler, and Anne Milasincic Andrews -- Using fast-scan cyclic voltammetry to investigate somatodendritic dopamine release / Sarah Threlfell and Stephanie J. Cragg -- From interferant anion to neuromodulator : ascorbate oxidizes its way to respectability / George V. Rebec -- Biophysical properties of brain extracellular space explored with ion-selective microelectrodes, integrative optical imaging and related techniques / Sabina Hrabetová and Charles Nicholson -- Hydrogen peroxide as a diffusible messenger : evidence from voltammetric studies of dopamine release in brain slices / Margaret E. Rice, Marat V. Avshalumov, and Jyoti C. Patel --In vivo voltammetry with telemetry / Paul A. Garris ... [et al.] -- Oxidative stress at the single cell level / Christian Amatore and Stephane Arbault -- Electrochemistry at the cell membrane/solution interface / Nathan Wittenberg ... [et al.] -- The patch amperometry technique : design of a method to study exocytosis of single vesicles / Gregor Dernick, Guillermo Alvarez de Toledo, and Manfred Lindau -- Amperometric detection of dopamine exocytosis from synaptic terminals / Roland G.W. Staal, Stephen Rayport, and David Sulzer -- Scanning electrochemical microscopy as a tool in neuroscience / Albert Schulte and Wolfgang Schuhmann --Principles, development and applications of self-referencing electrochemical microelectrodes to the determination of fluxes at cell membranes / Peter J.S. Smith, Richard H. Sanger, and Mark A. Messerli -- Second-by-second measures of L-glutamate and other neurotransmitters using enzyme-based microelectrode arrays / Kevin N. Hascup ... [et al.] -- Telemetry for biosensor systems / David A. Johnson and George S. Wilson -- The principles, development and application of microelectrodes for the in vivo determination of nitric oxide / Michael J. Serpe and Xueji Zhang -- In vivo fast-scan cyclic voltammetry of dopamine near microdialysis probes / Hua Yang and Adrian C. Michael.
- Electrophysiological recording techniques 2008, Springer ProtocolsField Potential Generation and Current Source Density Analysis / L. Stan Leung -- Current Source Density Analysis of Ongoing Neural Activity: Theory and Application / Yonghong Chen, Mukesh Dhamala, Anil Bollimunta, Charles E. Schroeder, Mingzhou Ding -- The Juxtacellular Recording-Labeling Technique / Didier Pinault -- Neural Recording Using Digital Telemetry / André A. Fenton, Kathryn J. Jeffery, James G. Donnett -- Large-Scale Neural Ensembles in Mice: Methods for Recording and Data Analysis / Hui Kuang, Joe Z. Tsien -- Behavioral Correlates of Neuronal Activity Recorded as Single-Units: Promises and Pitfalls as Illustrated by the Rodent Head Direction Cell Signal / Robert W. Stackman -- Event-Related Potentials of the Cerebral Cortex / Steven L. Bressler -- Multisite Spike-Field Coherence, Theta Rhythmicity, and Information Flow Within Papez's Circuit / Zimbul Albo, Gonzalo Viana Prisco, Robert P. Vertes -- Cognitively Relevant Recoding in Hippocampus: Beneficial Feedback of Ensemble Codes in a Closed Loop Paradigm / Robert E. Hampson, John D. Simeral, Theodore W. Berger, Dong Song, Rosa H. Chan, Vasilis Z. Marmarelis, Sam A. Deadwyler -- An Intact Septo-Hippocampal Preparation for Investigating the Mechanisms of Hippocampal Oscillation / Romain Goutagny, Jesse Jackson, Sylvain Williams -- Targeted Modulation of Neural Circuits: A New Treatment Strategy for Neuropsychiatric Disease / Helen S. Mayberg, Paul E. Holtzheimer.
- Elements of molecular neurobiology. 3rd ed. 2002, Wileych. 1. Introductory orientation -- ch. 2. The Conformation of informational macromolecules -- ch. 3. Information processing in cells -- ch. 4. Molecular evolution -- ch. 5. Manipulating biomolecules -- ch. 6. Genomics -- ch. 7. Biomembranes -- ch. 8. G-protein-coupled receptors -- ch. 9. Pumps -- ch. 10. Ligand-gated ion channels -- ch. 11. Voltage-gated channels -- ch. 12. Resting potentials and cable conduction -- ch. 13. Sensory transduction -- ch. 14. The Action potential -- ch. 15. The Neuron as a secretory cell -- ch. 16. Neurotransmitters and neuromodulators -- ch. 17. The Postsynaptic cell -- ch. 18. Developmental genetics of the brain -- ch. 19. Epigenetics of the brain -- ch. 20. Memory -- ch. 21. Some pathologies.
- Emergency neurology 2012, Springer1.Headache in the Emergency Department /Carrie E. Robertson, David F. Black and Jerry W. Swanson --2.Low Back Pain Emergencies /Luis A. Serrano, Tim Maus and J.D. Bartleson --3.Dizziness and Vertigo Presentations in the Emergency Department /Kevin A. Kerber and Robert W. Baloh --4.Syncope /Mark D. Carlson --5.Acute Visual Loss /Cédric Lamirel, Nancy J. Newman and Valérie Biousse --6.Diplopia, Third Nerve Palsies, and Sixth Nerve Palsies /Janet C. Rucker --7.Facial Nerve Palsy /James M. Gilchrist --8.Acute Stroke Evaluation and Management /Ty Tiesong Shang, Dileep R. Yavagal, Jose G. Romano and Ralph L. Sacco --9.Intracerebral Hemorrhage /Pratik Vishnu Patel, Lucas Elijovich and J. Claude Hemphill --10.Seizures and Status Epilepticus /Sandipan Pati and Joseph I. Sirven --11.Central Nervous System Infections /Karen L. Roos --12.Weakness (Guillain-Barré Syndrome) /Mengjing Huan and A. Gordon Smith --13.Spinal Cord Compression and Myelopathies /William F. Schmalstieg and Brian G. Weinshenker --14.Movement Disorder Emergencies /Robert L. Rodnitzky --15.Encephalopathy /Steven L. Lewis --16.Acute Respiratory Failure in Neuromuscular Disorders /Cynthia L. Bodkin and Robert M. Pascuzzi --17.Coma and Brain Death /Robert E. Hoesch and Romergryko G. Geocadin --18.Neurotoxicology Emergencies /Laura M. Tormoehlen --19.Substance Abuse, Somatization, and Personality Disorders /Ronald Kanner.
- Emergency neuroradiology 2006, Springer
- Emerging concepts in neuro-oncology 2013, Springer
- Encyclopedia of behavioral neuroscience 2010, ScienceDirectSubject Classification: -- Addiction -- Animal Models of Behavior -- Behavioral Genetics -- Brain Aging -- Brain Structure and Function -- Cognitive Neuroscience -- Disease and Dysfunction -- Developmental Biology -- Emotion and Emotional Behavior -- Ethology and Neuroethology -- Evolution and Comparative Biology -- History -- Language and Communication -- Learning and Memory -- Molecular Neurobiology -- Motivation and Reward -- Motor Systems and Motor Control -- Neuroplasticity -- Psychoneuroendocrinology -- Reproductive , Parental and Sexual behavior -- Sensation and Perception -- Sleeping, Waking and Arousal -- Social Behavior/Cognition -- Stress.
- Encyclopedia of clinical neuropsychology 2011, Springerv. 1. A-C -- v. 2. D-K -- v. 3. L-P -- v. 4. Q-Z.
- Encyclopedia of neuroscience 2009, ScienceDirect"Explores all areas of the discipline in its focused entries on a wide variety of topics in neurology, psychiatry and other related areas of neuroscience"--About page.
- Encyclopedia of neuroscience 2009, Springer
- End of life care in neurological disease 2013, Springer
- Enhancing cognitive fitness in adults 2011, SpringerMemory Enhancement Strategies: What Works Best for Obtaining Memory Goals? -- Mental and Physical Exercise as a Means to Reverse Cognitive Aging and Enhance Well-Being -- Consumer-Based Brain Fitness Programs -- Synapse: A Clinical Trial Examining the Impact of Actively Engaging the Aging Mind -- Meditation, Mindfulness, Cognition, and Emotion: Implications for Community-Based Older Adult Programs -- Keys to a Sharp Mind: Providing Choice and Quality Programming in a Retirement Community -- Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at the University of Montana: A Model of Successful University and Community Partnerships -- Closing the Generation Gap: Using Discussion Groups to Benefit Older Adults and College Students -- A Practical Guide to Senior Odyssey -- Spelling Clubs and Competitions for Older Adults: Language Boosting Within a Social Context -- Oral Life Review in Older Adults: Principles for the Social Service Professional -- Creative Writing Groups: A Promising Avenue for Enhancing Working Memory and Emotional Well-Being -- Peer-Led Memory Training Programs to Support Brain Fitness -- Cognitive Wellness for Diverse Populations -- The Role of Physical Activity in Cognitive Fitness: A General Guide for Community Programs -- Nutrition and Nutritional Supplements to Promote Brain Health -- Enhancing Healthy Cognitive Aging Through Theater Arts -- Coming Alive: Kairos Dance Theatre's Dancing Heart[TM] - Vital Elders Moving in Community -- Art, Museums, and Culture -- The Songwriting Works[TM] Model: Enhancing Brain Health and Fitness Through Collaborative Musical Composition and Performance -- Supporting Cognition and Well-Being in Older Adults with Mild Cognitive Impairment: A Pilot Intervention -- Early Memory Loss Clubs: A Novel Approach for Stimulating and Sustaining Cognitive Function -- Implementing the "I'm Still Here"[TM] Approach: Montessori-Based Methods for Engaging Persons with Dementia -- Kirtan Kriya Meditation: A Promising Technique for Enhancing Cognition in Memory-Impaired Older Adults -- Brain Brightening: Neurotherapy for Enhancing Cognition in the Elderly -- Neurons in Neighborhoods: How Purposeful Participation in a Community-based Intergenerational Program Enhanced Quality of Life for Persons Living with Dementia -- Experience Corps®: A Civic Engagement-Based Public Health Intervention in the Public Schools.
- Enhancing performance for action and perception Part 1-2 multisensory integration, neuroplasticity and neuroprosthetics pt. 1-2, 2011., ScienceDirectpt. 2 ScienceDirectPt. I / (xii, 312 p.) -- Pt. II / (x, 278 p.).
- Epigenetic regulation in the nervous system 2013, ScienceDirect
- Epilepsy 2010, CRCnetBASESection I. Scientific Foundations -- Chapter 1. Pathophysiological Mechanisms of Seizures and Epilepsy / Carl E. Stafstrom -- Chapter 2. Blood-Brain Barrier, Blood Flow, Neoplasms and Epilepsy / Luca Cucullo, Nicola Marchi, Vincent Fazio, Minh-Tri Nguyen, Damir Janigro -- Chapter 3. Metabolic Regulation of Seizures and Epileptogenesis / Manisha Patel -- Chapter 4. Brain Inflammation and Epilepsy / Teresa Ravizza, Silvia Balosso, Eleonora Aronica, Annamaria Vezzani -- Chapter 5. Drug Resistance in Epilepsy and Status Epilepticus / Jaideep Kapur, Edward H. Bertram -- Chapter 6. Epilepsy with Complex Genetics / Asuri N. Prasad, Chitra Prasad -- Chapter 7. Pathophysiology of Developmental Epilepsies / Judith L. Z. Weisenberg, Michael Wong -- Section II. Antiepileptic Drugs -- Chapter 8. Mechanisms of Antiepileptic Drug Action / Timothy A. Simeone -- Chapter 9. Epilepsy and Disease Modification: Animal Models for Novel Drug Discovery / H. Steve White -- Chapter 10. Pharmacogenetics of AED Development / Russell J. Buono, Thomas N. Ferraro, Dennis J. Dlugos, Karen S. Wilcox -- Chapter 11. Neuroprotective Strategies Using Antiepileptic Drugs / Patrick G. Sullivan, Ryan D. Readnower -- Chapter 12. Posttraumatic Seizures and Epileptogenesis / Christopher C. Giza -- Chapter 13. Possible Roles of Nonsynaptic Mechanisms in Synchronization of Epileptic Seizures / F. Edward Dudek, Li-Rong Shao, John E. Rash -- Chapter 14. A Mechanistic Approach to Antiepileptic Drug Interactions / Gail D. Anderson -- Section III. Epilepsy Surgery -- Chapter 15. Advances in Structural and Functional Neuroimaging / Hyunmi Kim, A. LeBron Paige, Robert C. Knowlton -- Chapter 16. Magnetoencephalography in Clinical Epilepsy / Jerry J. Shih, Michael P. Weisend -- Chapter 17. What Have We Learned from Resective Surgery in Pediatric Patients with Cortical Dysplasia? / Carlos Cepeda, Gary W. Mathern -- Chapter 18. Nonsurgical Ablation for Epilepsy / Erich O. Richter, Marina V. Abramova, William A. Friedman, Steven N. Roper -- Chapter 19. Deep Brain Stimulation for Epilepsy / Francisco Velasco, Ana Luisa Velasco, Luisa Rocha, Marcos Velasco, Jose D. Carrillo-Ruiz, Manoela Cuellar, Guillermo Castro, Fiacro Jimenez, David Trejo -- Chapter 20. Optical Imaging Techniques in Pediatric Neocortical Epilepsy / Daryl W. Hochman, Michael M. Haglund -- Chapter 21. High-Frequency Oscillations in Epileptic Brain / S. Matt Stead, Mark Bower, Greg Worrell -- Section IV. Alternative Therapies -- Chapter 22. Special Treatments in Epilepsy / Kevin Chapman, James W. Wheless -- Chapter 23. Herbs and Botanicals Steven C. Schachter -- Chapter 24. The Ketogenic Diet / Kristopher J. Bough, Carl E. Stafstrom -- Chapter 25. Vagus Nerve Stimulation / Matthew M. Troester, Dean K. Naritoku -- Chapter 26. Antiinflammatory Treatments for Seizure Syndromes and Epilepsy / Stéphane Auvin, Raman Sankar -- Section V. Other Modulators of the Epileptic State -- Chapter 27. Impact of Neuroendocrine Factors on Seizure Genesis and Treatment / Pavel Klein, Jaromir Janousek -- Chapter 28. Neurosteroid Replacement Therapy for Catamenial Epilepsy / Doodipala S. Reddy, Michael A. Rogawski -- Chapter 29. Chronobiology and Sleep / Mark Quigg -- Chapter 30. Pediatric Epilepsy / Rochelle Caplan -- Section VI. The Future of Epilepsy Therapy -- Chapter 31. Novel Mechanisms of Drug Delivery / Vijay Ivaturi, James Cloyd -- Chapter 32. Early Seizure Detection / Christophe C. Jouny, Piotr J. Franaszczuk, Gregory K. Bergey -- Chapter 33. Gene and Stem Cell Therapies for Treating Epilepsy / Janice R. Naegele, Xu Maisano -- Chapter 34. Arresting Epileptogenesis / Philip A. Schwartzkroin.
- Epilepsy 2011, CRCnetBASE"Integrating the studies of epilepsy, neurosciences, computational neurosciences, mathematics, physics, engineering, and medicine, this volume provides the first means to a clear, structured, and enriching multidisciplinary perspective for developing students, researchers, and clinicians in the field of epilepsy. The text gives up to date information on the state of current research, possible future research, and clinical directions in the fields of epilepsy and seizure dynamics. Clear illustrations that illustrate the patterns of brain electrophysiology and behavioral manifestations are provided to aid comprehension. The authors include extensive references in each chapter to enhance further study"--Provided by publisher.
- Epilepsy 2012, Springer
- Epilepsy across the spectrum 2012, ebrary,"Although epilepsy is one of the nation's most common neurological disorders, public understanding of it is limited. Many people do not know the causes of epilepsy or what they should do if they see someone having a seizure. Epilepsy is a complex spectrum of disorders that affects an estimated 2.2 million Americans in a variety of ways, and is characterized by unpredictable seizures that differ in type, cause, and severity. Yet living with epilepsy is about much more than just seizures; the disorder is often defined in practical terms, such as challenges in school, uncertainties about social situations and employment, limitations on driving, and questions about independent living. The Institute of Medicine was asked to examine the public health dimensions of the epilepsies, focusing on public health surveillance and data collection; population and public health research; health policy, health care, and human services; and education for people with the disorder and their families, health care providers, and the public. In Epilepsy Across the Spectrum, the IOM makes recommendations ranging from the expansion of collaborative epilepsy surveillance efforts, to the coordination of public awareness efforts, to the engagement of people with epilepsy and their families in education, dissemination, and advocacy for improved care and services. Taking action across multiple dimensions will improve the lives of people with epilepsy and their families. The realistic, feasible, and action-oriented recommendations in this report can help enable short- and long-term improvements for people with epilepsy. For all epilepsy organizations and advocates, local, state, and federal agencies, researchers, health care professionals, people with epilepsy, as well as the public, Epilepsy Across the Spectrum is an essential resource"--Publisher's description.
- Epilepsy and sleep 2001, ScienceDirect
- Epilepsy Part II Treatment 2012, ScienceDirectEpilepsy, Part II, Treatment, Volume 108, provides a full description of epilepsy pathology and etiology, antiepileptic drug treatment, the approach to surgical evaluation and alternative procedures to be considered, in both children and adults, as well as brain stimulation and diet treatment. Economic and psychosocial issues such as stigma are fully covered. The special problems of epilepsy treatment in the developing world are described. Chapters are authored by internationally respected neurologists with varied perspectives insuring depth to the content. Epilepsy, Part I, Basic Principles and Diagnosis, Volume 107, establishes the scientific and practical diagnosis of epilepsy. The volumes will be a very important resource for basic scientists, clinical investigators, and all health professionals treating patients with epilepsy. *A volume in the Handbook of Clinical Neurology series, which has an unparalleled reputation as the world's most comprehensive source of information in neurology. *International list of contributors including the leading workers in the field. *Describes the advances which have occurred in clinical neurology and the neurosciences, their impact on the understanding of neurological disorders and on patient care.
- Epileptic seizures and the EEG 2011, CRCnetBASEEEG generation and measurement -- Signal processing in EEG analysis -- Classifying the EEG -- Seizure detection -- Modeling for epilepsy -- On the predictability of seizures.
- Erythropoietin and the nervous system 2006, Springer1. History and Biology of Erythropoietin in Hematopoietic and Non-Neural Tissues / Giorgia Melli, Sanjay Keswani and Ahmet Höke, p. 1-13 -- 2. Expression of Erythropoietin and Its Receptor in the Central Nervous System / Hugo Marti and Christian Bauer, p. 15-31 -- 3. Erythropoietin and Neuroprotection in the Central Nervous System: Intracellular Signaling Pathways / Murat Digicaylioglu, p. 33-48 -- 4. Regulation of Erythropoietin Expression in the Nervous System: The Hypoxia Inducible Factor / Juan Chavez and JoAnn Gensert, p. 49-67 -- 5. Erythropoietin Neuroprotection in the Term and Preterm Infant: Safety and Efficacy / Eric Demers and Sandra Juul, p. 69-98 -- 6. Erythropoietin for the Treatment of Acute Ischemic Stroke: Preclinical Rationale / Michael Renzi, Linda Jolliffe, Francis Farrell and Kenneth Rhodes, p. 99-112 -- 7. Erythropoietin Neuroprotection in the Retina / Gundula Rohde, Mathias Bähr and Jochen Weishaupt, p. 113-126 -- 8. Erythropoietin for Treatment of Human Brain Disease: Experience from Proof-of-Concept Trials / Hannelore Ehrenreich and Anna-Leena Sirén, p. 127-145 -- 9. Erythropoietin in Spinal Cord Injury Challenges for a Novel Neuroprotective Strategy / Michael Brines and Anthony Cerami, p. 147-164 -- 10. Erythropoietin and Neuroprotection in the Peripheral Nervous System: In Vivo Studies / W. Campana, p. 165-177 -- 11. An Endogenous Pathway Preventing Axonal Degeneration Mediated by Schwann Cell-Derived Erythropoietin / Sanjay Keswani and Ahmet Höke, p. 179-190 -- 12. Role of Erythropoietin in Inflammatory Pathologies of the CNS/ Pietro Ghezzi, Paolo Bigini and Manuela Mengozzi, p. 191-209 -- 13. Development of Non-Erythropoietic Erythropoietin Variants for Neuroprotection / Lars Torup and Marcel Leist, p. 211-219.
- Essence of memory 2008, ScienceDirect
- Essential neuromodulation. First edition [1st ed.] 2011, ScienceDirectNeuromodulation is an emerging field that explores the use of electrical, chemical, and mechanical interventions to heal neurological deficits. Such neurostimulation has already shown great promise with disorders and diseases such as chronic pain, epilepsy, and Parkinson's disease. This is the first concise reference covering all of the basic principles of neuromodulation in a single affordable volume for neuro-residents, fellows, and basic clinical practitioners, edited by two prominent clinical experts in the field. This volume emphasizes essential observations from all of the important clinical phases involved in any neuromodulation: targeting, intraoperative assessment, programming, complications, and complication avoidance. There are commonalities to all neuromodulation procedures that must be brought to the forefront to form a cohesive presentation of neuromodulation, and such emphasis will give readers a more solid grounding in the fundamentals needed to embrace this field as a cohesive clinical entity.
- Essentials of sleep medicine 2012, Springer1. Normal sleep / James A. Rowley and M. Safwan Badr -- 2. Pharmacology of sleep / Susmita Chowdhuri -- 3. Obstructive sleep apnea: diagnosis with polysomnography and portable monitors / Chunbai Zhang, Stefanos N. Kales, and Atul Malhotra -- 4. Approach to hypersomnia / James A. Rowley -- 5. Obstructive sleep apnea: epidemiology of sleep apnea / Jessie P. Bakker, Atul Malhotra, and Sanjay R. Patel -- 6. Obstructive sleep apnea: clinical features and adverse consequences / Geraldo Lorenzi-Filho and Pedro Rodrigues Genta -- 7. Assessments of driving risk in sleep apnea / Kingman P. Strohl -- 8. Nasal continuous positive airway pressure (CNAP) treatment / Srinivas Bhadriraju and Nancy Collop -- 9. Obstructive sleep apnea: oral appliances / Peter A. Cistulli, Kate Sutherland, and Andrew S.L. Chan -- 10. Obstructive sleep apnea: surgery / Ryan J. Soose and Patrick J. Strollo -- 11. Sleep and lung disease / Charles W. Atwood, Jr. -- 12. Central sleep apnea / M. Safwan Badr -- 13. Insomnia: etiology, clinical manifestations, and morbidity / Clare E. Gargaro, Thomas Roth, and Christopher L. Drake -- 14. Management of insomnia / Luisa Bazan, Thomas Roth, and Christopher L. Drake -- 15. Circadian disorders / Brandon S. Lu, Jeff Kwon, and Phyllis C. Zee -- 16. Narcolepsy and idiopathic hypersomnia / Imran Ahmed and Michael Thorpy -- 17. Parasomnias / Hrayr Attarian -- 18. Movement disorders / Nidhi S. Undevia -- 19. Perioperative care of patients with obstructive sleep apnea syndrome / Haven R. Malish and Peter C. Gay -- 20. Sleep and critical illness / Nimesh Patel and Sairam Parthasarathy.
- Ethical and legal issues in neurology 2013, ScienceDirectAdvances in our understanding of the brain and rapid advances in the medical practice of neurology are creating questions and concerns from an ethical and legal perspective. Ethical and Legal Issues in Neurology provides a detailed review of various general aspects of neuroethics, and contains chapters dealing with a vast array of specific issues such as the role of religion, the ethics of invasive neuroscience research, and the impact of potential misconduct in neurologic practice. The book focuses particular attention on problems related to palliative care, euthanasia, dementia, and neurogenetic disorders, and concludes with examinations of consciousness, personal identity, and the definition of death. This volume focuses on practices not only in North America but also in Europe and the developing world. It is a useful resource for all neuroscience and neurology professionals, researchers, students, scholars, practicing clinical neurologists, mental health professionals, and psychiatrists. A comprehensive introduction and reference on neuroethicsIncludes coverage of how best to understand the ethics and legal aspects of dementia, palliative care, euthanasia and neurogenetic disorders. Brings clarity to issues regarding ethics and legal responsibilities in the age of rapidly evolving brain science and related clinical practice.
- Event-related dynamics of brain oscillations. 1st ed. 2006, ScienceDirect
- Evidence-based neuroimaging diagnosis and treatment 2013, Springer
- Evoked spinal cord potentials 2006, Springer
- Evolution of the primate brain : From neuron to behavior. 1st ed. 2012, ScienceDirectFrom tetrapods to primates : conserved developmental mechanisms in diverging ecological adaptations / F. Aboitiz and J.F. Montiel -- Genetic correlates of the evolving primate brain / E.J. Vallender -- Cerebral cortical development in rodents and primates / Z. Molnár and G. Clowry -- Embracing covariation in brain evolution : large brains, extended development, and flexible primate social systems / C.J. Charvet and B.L. Finlay -- The evolution of neocortex in primates / J.H. Kaas -- Lateralization of the human brain / M.C. Corballis -- The insular cortex : a review / R. Nieuwenhuys -- The missing link : evolution of the primate cerebellum / C. MacLeod -- Human prefrontal cortex : evolution, development, and pathology / K. Teffer and K. Semendeferi -- Minicolumn size and human cortex / D.P. Buxhoeveden -- Human brain evolution writ large and small / C.C. Sherwood ... [et al.] -- Hominin paleoneurology : where are we now? / D. Falk -- Evolution of hominin cranial ontogeny / C.P.E. Zollikofer -- Hominins and the emergence of the modem human brain / A. de Sousa and E. Cunha -- Neuronal scaling rules for primate brains : the primate advantage / S. Herculano-Houzel -- Self-organization and interareal networks in the primate cortex / H. Kennedy and C. Dehay -- Neural wiring optimization / C. Cherniak -- Design principles of the human brain : an evolutionary perspective / M.A. Hofman -- Primate encephalization / L. Lefebvre -- Evolution of the brain and intelligence in primates / G. Roth and U. Dicke -- Evolution of human emotion : a view through fear / J.E. LeDoux -- Evolution of brain and language / P.T. Shoenemann.
- Evolving brain 2007, Springer
- Experimental models of multiple sclerosis 2005, SpringerSection D2. The pathogenesis of canine distemper virus induced demyelination: a biphasic process.
- Exploring Frontiers of the Mind-Brain Relationship 2012, SpringerPart I. Philosophy and History -- 1. Materialism's Eternal Return: Recurrent Patterns of Materialistic Explanations of Mental Phenomena / Saulo de Freitas Araujo -- 2. The Major Objections from Reductive Materialism Against Belief in the Existence of Cartesian Mind-Body Dualism / Robert Almeder -- 3. Psychic Phenomena and the Mind-Body Problem: Historical Notes on a Neglected Conceptual Tradition / Carlos S. Alvarado -- Part II. Physics -- 4. No-Collapse Physics and Consciousness / Chris Clarke -- 5. The "Quantum Soul": A Scientific Hypothesis / Stuart Hameroff and Deepak Chopra -- Part III. Functional Neuroimaging -- 6. The Neurobiological Correlates of Meditationand Mindfulness / Jesse Edwards, Julio Peres, Daniel A. Monti, and Andrew B. Newberg -- 7. Functional Neuroimaging Studies of Emotional -- Self-Regulation and Spiritual Experiences / Mario Beauregard -- Part IV. Human Experiences as Promising lines of Investigation of Mind-Brain Relationship -- 8. Can Near Death Experiences Contribute to the Debate on Consciousness? / Peter Fenwick -- 9. Death, End of Life Experiences, and Their Theoretical and Clinical Implications for the Mind-Brain Relationship / Franklin Santana Santos and Peter Fenwick -- 10. Research on Mediumship and the Mind-Brain Relationship / Alexander Moreira-Almeida -- 11. Cases of the Reincarnation Type and the Mind-Brain Relationship / Erlendur Haraldsson -- 12. Conclusion / Alexander Moreira-Almeida and Franklin Santana Santos.
- Exploring the thalamus 2001, ScienceDirectIntroduction --The nerve cells of the thalamus --The afferent axons to the thalamus --Intrinsic cell properties --Synaptic properties --Function of burst and tonic response modes in the thalamocortical relay --Maps in the brain --Two types in thalamic relay --Drivers and modulators --Overview.
- Exploring the vertebrate central cholinergic nervous system 2007, Springer
- Famous first papers for the neurointensivist 2013, Springer
- Febrile seizures 2002, ScienceDirect
- Female brain. 2nd ed. 2009, CRCnetBASE"The book addresses the question of structural and functional differences between the female brain and the male brain. Are there differences? How good is the evidence? Where do the differences lie? Are there differences in the neuroanatomy of females, and if so, where? Do females and males process information differently, and if so, how? The author puts the relative lack of information on the female brain into historical perspective and reviews empirical evidence relevant to the different aspects of brain structure and function."--Jacket.
- Fenichel's Clinical pediatric neurology. Seventh edition [7th ed.] 2013, ScienceDirect1. Paroxysmal disorders -- 2. Altered states of consciousness -- 3. Headache -- 4. Increased intracranial pressure -- 5. Psychomotor retardations and regression -- 6. The hypotonic infant -- 7. Flaccid limb weakness in childhood -- 8. Cramps, muscles stiffness, and exercise intolerance -- 9. Sensory and autonomic disturbances -- 10. Ataxia -- 11. Hemiplegia -- 12. Paraplegia and quadriplegia -- 13. Monoplegia -- 14. Movement disorders -- 15. Disorders of ocular motility -- 16. Disorders of the visual system -- 17. Lower brainstem and cranial nerve dysfunction -- 18. Disorders of cranial volume and shape.
- Fibromyalgia 2011, Springer
- Fine arts, neurology, and neuroscience New discoveries and changing landscapes 2013, ScienceDirectCh. 1. Split-brain, the right hemisphere, and art: fact and fiction -- Ch. 2. Visual artistic creativity and the brain -- Ch. 3. Artistic creativity, artistic production, and aging -- Ch. 4. Focal cerebral lesions and painting abilities -- Ch. 5. Artistic creativity and dementia -- Ch. 6. Deceiving the brain, pictures and visual perception -- Ch. 7. Experience of art, insights from neuroimaging -- Ch. 8. On the electrophysiology of anesthetic processing -- Ch. 9. Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, exploring neuroscience, nature, and nurture in the novel and the films -- Ch. 10. Perception of emotion in abstract artworks, a multidisciplinary approach -- Ch. 11. Art and brain, the relationship of biology and evolution to art -- Index.
- Fine arts, neurology, and neuroscience. Neuro-historical dimensions. First edition. [1st ed.] 2013, ScienceDirectPart 1. Early artistic contributions to the neurosciences -- part 2. Neuroscientists with artistic talents and artists on the neurosciences -- part 3. Some great artists and their neurological disorders.
- Folding for the synapse 2011, Springer
- Following Charcot 2011, KargerBirth of modern psychiatry and the death of alienism : the legacy of Jean-Martin Charcot / Bogousslavsky, J.; Moulin, T. -- Jean-Martin Charcot's house officers at la Salpêtrière Hospital / Walusinski, O. -- The chair of mental and brain diseases : Charcot's pupils--Benjamin Ball, Alix Joffroy, and Gilbert Ballet / Tiberghien, D. -- Édouard Brissaud, Fulgence Raymond and the succession of Charcot / Tatu, L. -- Great careers : Cornil, Bouchard, Bourneville, and Proust / Paciaroni, M.; Cittadini, E.; Bogousslavsky, J. -- Keeping the fire burning : Georges Gilles de la Tourette, Paul Richer, Charles Féré, and Alfred Binet / Walusinski, O. -- Renewing the fire : Joseph Babinski / Poirier, J.; Philippon, J. -- Paul Sollier : the first clinical neuropsychologist / Bogousslavsky, J.; Walusinski, O. -- Pierre Janet, Sigmund Freud, and Charcot's psychological and psychiatric legacy / Pérez-Rincón, H. -- Jules Bernard Luys in Charcot's penumbra / Parent, M.; Parent, A. -- Hysteria after Charcot : back to the future / Bogousslavsky, J. -- Jules Joseph Déjerine versus Pierre Marie / Paciaroni, M.; Bogousslavsky, J. -- Neurology outside Paris following Charcot / Moulin, T. ... [et al.] -- Birth and death of Charcot's scientific journals / Poirier, J.; Ricou, P.; Leroux-Hugon, V.
- Forensic neuropathology and associated neurology 2006, SpringerIntroduction -- Risks, responsibilities and liabilities -- Cytology of the CNS -- Cell and tissue reactions -- Methods in forensic neuropathology -- Basic principles of mechanical trauma -- Injuries of the brain's coverings -- Open brain injuries -- Closed brain injuries -- Injuries of spine and spinal cord -- Injuries of peripheral nerves -- Special physical trauma -- Hypoxia, ischemia (hypoglycemia) -- Forensic types of ischemia and asphyxia -- Permanent global ischemia -- Introductory remarks -- Specific types of neurotoxins -- Alcohol, organic solvents, and aerosols -- Illegal drugs and drug dependence -- Basic principles -- Fetal neuropathology -- Perinatal CNS injury -- Postnatal natural CNS death -- Postnatal mechanical brain injury (MBI) -- Physical abuse -- Basic principles -- Seizures and epilepsy -- Vascular diseases -- Inflammatory diseases -- Nutritional and metabolic insults -- Aging and brain pathology.
- Foundations of sport-related brain injuries 2006, Springer
- Foundations of sport-related injuries 2008, SpringerI. Foundations of Injury in Athletics -- Classification of Injuries in Athletics, p. 3-23 -- Science of Training and Injury in Athletics, p. 25-43 -- Balance as a Risk Factor for Athletic Injuries, p. 45-75 -- Fatigue-Related Injuries in Athletes, p. 77-95 -- Nutrition as a Risk Factor for Injury in Elite Athletes, p. 97-109 -- II. Coaches and Athletes' Perspectives of Injury -- Injury in Athletics: Coaches' Point of View, p. 113-146 -- Injury from Athletes' Perspectives, p. 147-159 -- Interviews with Injured Athletes, p. 161-195 -- Overuse Injuries: Students' Points of View, p. 197-216 -- Fitness Assessment in Athletes, p. 217-239 -- III. Psychological Traumas in Athletes -- Psychological Trauma: Unfortunate Experience in Athletics, p. 243-267 -- Fear as Adaptive or Maladaptive Form of Emotional Response, p. 269-287 -- Fear of Injury, Kinesiophobia & Perceived Risk, p. 289-309 -- Multiple Facets of Pain due to Injury, p. 311-330 -- Psychological Trauma: Case Studies, p. 331-355 -- Psychological Trauma: Age & Gender Factors, p. 357-374 -- IV. Concussion in Athletes -- Concussion: Why Bother?, p. 377-398 -- Concussion Classification: Historical Perspectives and Current Trends, p. 399-414 -- Evaluation of Concussion: Signs and Symptoms, p. 415-445 -- Traumatic Brain Injuries in Children, p. 447-466 -- V. Injury Rehabilitation -- Integrated Injury Rehabilitation, p. 469-491 -- EEG & Neurofeedback in Rehabilitation, p. 493-513 -- Virtual Reality in Injury Rehabilitation, p. 515-540.
- Fragile X-associated tremor ataxia syndrome (FXTAS) 2010, SpringerClinical Neurological Phenotype of FXTAS / Maureen A. Leehey, Elizabeth Berry-Kravis, Christopher G. Goetz and Randi J. Hagerman -- The Epidemiology of FXTAS / Deborah A. Hall and Sebastien Jacquemont -- FXTAS: Neuropsychological/Neuropsychiatric Phenotypes / Jim Grigsby, Angela G. Brega, Andreea L. Seritan and James A. Bourgeois -- Radiological Findings in FXTAS / Susan M. Rivera, Glenn T. Stebbins and Jim Grigsby -- The Pathology of FXTAS / Claudia M. Greco, Michael R. Hunsaker and Robert F. Berman -- The Molecular Biology of FXTAS / Flora Tassone and Paul J. Hagerman -- Genotype/Phenotype Relationships in FXTAS / Emily Allen, Maureen A. Leehey, Flora Tassone and Stephanie Sherman -- Animal Models for FXTAS / Rob Willemsen, Yujing Li, Robert F. Berman, Judith R. Brouwer and Ben A. Oostra, et al. -- Treatment and Management of FXTAS / Elizabeth Berry-Kravis, Deborah A. Hall, Maureen A. Leehey and Randi J. Hagerman -- Genetic Counseling for FXTAS and FMR1-Associated Disorders / Louise W. Gane, Katherine Howard and Liane Abrams.
- From action to cognition 2007, ScienceDirectPt. I. The structuring of the brain -- Unaltered development of the archi- and neocortex in prematurely born infants: genetic control dominates in proliferation, differentiation and maturation of cortical neurons / H. Ábrahám ... [et al.] -- Subcortical regulation of cortical development: some effects of early, selective deprivations / G.M. Innocenti -- The mirror-neurons system: data and models / L. Craighero ... [et al.] -- Apraxia: a review / B. Petreska ... [et al.] -- Pt. II. The early development of perception and action -- Effects of early visual deprivation on perceptual and cognitive development / D. Maurer, C.J. Mondloch, T.L. Lewis -- Visual tracking and its relationship to cortical development / K. Rosander -- Visual and visuocognitive development in children born very prematurely / J. Atkinson, O. Braddick -- Development of brain mechanisms for visual global processing and object segmentation / O. Braddick, J. Atkinson -- How face specialization emerges in the first months of life / F. Simon ... [et al.] -- The early development of visual attention and its implications for social and cognitive development / S. Hunnius -- Pt. III. The development of action and cognition -- Visual constraints in the development of action / G. Savelsbergh ... [et al.] -- Object and event representation in toddlers / R. Keen, K. Shutts -- Learning and development in infant locomotion / S.E. Berger, K.E. Adolph -- Core Systems in human cognition / K.D. Kinzler, E.S. Spelke -- Taking an action perspective on infant's object representations / G. Gredebäck, C. von Hofsten -- Pt. IV. The development of action and social cognition -- Infants' perception and production of intentional actions / P. Hauf -- The role of behavioral cues in understanding goal-directed actions in infancy / S. Biro, G. Csibra, G. Gergely -- Seeing the face through the eyes: a developmental perspective on face expertise / T. Gliga, G. Csibra -- Past and present challenges in theory of mind research in nonhuman primates / J. Call -- Infancy and autism: progress, prospects, and challenges / M. Elasbbagh, M.H. Johnson -- Children-robot interaction: a pilot study in autism therapy / H. Kozima, C. Nakagawa, Y. Yasuda -- Pt. V. The development of artificial systems -- Sensorimotor coordination in a "baby" robot: learning about objects through grasping / L. Natale ... [et al.] -- Emergence and development of embodied cognition: a constructivist approach using robots / Y. Kuniyoshi ... [et al.].
- From brains to systems 2011, SpringerIntroduction: From Brains to the Machines of the Future / Ricardo Sanz, Carlos Hernández and Jaime Gómez-Ramirez -- Emergent Feature Sensitivity in a Model of the Auditory Thalamocortical System / Martin Coath, Robert Mill, Susan L. Denham and Thomas Wennekers -- STDP Pattern Onset Learning Depends on Background Activity / James Humble, Steve Furber, Susan L. Denham and Thomas Wennekers -- Emergence of Small-World Structure in Networks of Spiking Neurons Through STDP Plasticity / Gleb Basalyga, Pablo M. Gleiser and Thomas Wennekers -- Coupling BCM and Neural Fields for the Emergence of Self-organization Consensus / Mathieu Lefort, Yann Boniface and Bernard Girau -- Alpha and Theta Rhythm Abnormality in Alzheimer's Disease: A Study Using a Computational Model / Basabdatta Sen Bhattacharya, Damien Coyle and Liam P. Maguire -- Oscillatory Neural Network for Image Segmentation with Biased Competition for Attention / Tapani Raiko and Harri Valpola -- Internal Simulation of Perceptions and Actions / Magnus Johnsson and David Gil -- Building Neurocognitive Networks with a Distributed Functional Architecture / Marmaduke Woodman, Dionysios Perdikis, Ajay S. Pillai, Silke Dodel and Raoul Huys, et al. -- Reverse Engineering for Biologically Inspired Cognitive Architectures: A Critical Analysis / Andreas Schierwagen -- Competition in High Dimensional Spaces Using a Sparse Approximation of Neural Fields / Jean-Charles Quinton, Bernard Girau and Mathieu Lefort -- Informational Theories of Consciousness: A Review and Extension / Igor Aleksander and David Gamez -- Hippocampal Categories: A Mathematical Foundation for Navigation and Memory / Jaime Gómez-Ramirez and Ricardo Sanz -- The Role of Feedback in a Hierarchical Model of Object Perception / Salvador Dura-Bernal, Thomas Wennekers and Susan L. Denham -- Machine Free Will: Is Free Will a Necessary Ingredient of Machine Consciousness? / Riccardo Manzotti -- Natural Evolution of Neural Support Vector Machines / Magnus Jändel -- Self-conscious Robotic System Design Process - From Analysis to Implementation / Antonio Chella, Massimo Cossentino and Valeria Seidita -- Simulating Visual Qualia in the CERA-CRANIUM Cognitive Architecture / Raúl Arrabales, Agapito Ledezma and Araceli Sanchis -- The Ouroboros Model, Selected Facets / Knud Thomsen.
- From molecules to networks 2004, ScienceDirectCellular components of nervous tissue / Patrick R. Hof, Bruce D. Trapp, Jean De Vellis, Luz Claudio and David R. Colman -- Subcellular organization of the nervous system : organelles and their functions / Scott T. Brady, David R. Colman and Peter J. Brophy -- Brain energy metabolism / Pierre J. Magistretti -- Electrotonic properties of axons and dendrites / Gordon M. Shepherd -- Membrane potential and action potential / David A. McCormick -- Molecular properties of ion channels / Lily Yeh Jan and Yuh Nung Jan -- Dynamical properties of excitable membranes / Douglas A. Baxter, Carmen C. Canavier and John H. Byrne -- Release of neurotransmitters / Robert S. Zucker, Dimitri M. Kullmann and Thomas L. Schwarz -- Pharmacology and biochemistry of synaptic transmission : classic transmitters / Ariel Y. Deutch and Robert H. Roth -- Nonclassic signaling in the brain / Ariel Y. Deutch and James L. Roberts -- Neurotransmitter receptors / M. Neal Waxham -- Intracellular signaling / Howard Schulman -- Regulation of neuronal gene expression and protein synthesis / James L. Roberts and James R. Lundblad -- Mathematical modeling and analysis of intracellular signaling pathways / Paul D. Smolen, John H. Byrne and Douglas A. Baxter -- Cell-cell communication : an overview emphasizing gap junctions / David C. Spray, Eliana Scemes, Renato Rozental and Rolf Dermietzel -- Postsynaptic potentials and synaptic integration / John H. Byrne -- Information processing in complex dendrites / Gordon M. Shepherd -- Learning and memory : basic mechanisms / Thomas H. Brown, John H. Byrne, Kevin S. LaBar, Joseph E. LeDoux, Derick H. Lindquist, Richard F. Thompson and Timothy J. Teyler.
- From neurology to methodology and back 2012, Springer1. Introduction -- 2. Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Electroneurography, Electromyography, and Statistics -- 3. Tremor, Polymyography, and Spectral Analysis -- 4. Epilepsia, Electroencephalography, Filtering, and Feature Extraction -- 5. Multiple Sclerosis, Evoked Potentials, and Enhancing Signal-to-Noise Ratio -- 6. Cortical Myoclonus, EEG-EMG, Back-Averaging, and Coherence Analysis -- 7. Psychogenic Movement Disorders, Bereitschaftspotential, and Event-Related Potentials -- 8. Brain Tumor, Preoperative Function Localization, and Source Localization -- 9. Neuromuscular Diseases, Ultrasound, and Image Analysis -- 10. Cerebrovascular Disease, Ultrasound, and Hemodynamical Flow Parameters -- 11. Spinal Dysfunction, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation, and Motor Evoked Potentials.
- From neuroscience to neurology 2005, ScienceDirect1. Seeing the brain so we can save it: the evolution of magnetic resonance imaging as a clinical tool -- 2. Advances in the acute treatment and secondary prevention of stroke -- 3. Preserving function in acute nervous system injury -- 4. Slowing the progression of multiple sclerosis -- 5. The Emergence of neurosurgical approaches to the treatment of epilepsy -- 6. The Neurobiology of migraine and transformation of headache therapy -- 7. Botulinum toxins: transformation of a toxin into a treatment -- 8. Prospects for slowing the progression of Parkinson's disease -- 9. Current neurosurgical treatments for Parkinson's disease: where did they come from? --10. Treatable peripheral neuropathies: plasma exchange, intravenous immunoglobulin, and other emerging therapies -- 11. Molecular pharmacology and the treatment of Tourette's syndrome and attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder -- 12. Neuroscience, molecular medicine, and new approaches to the treatment of depression and anxiety -- 13. Genomics, proteomics, and neurology -- 14. Neuroprotection: where are we going? -- 15. Prospects for gene therapy for central nervous system disease -- 16. Therapeutics development for hereditary neurological diseases -- 17. Inherited channelopathies of the CNS: lessons for clinical neurology -- 18. Inherited channelopathies of muscle: implications for therapy -- 19. Transcriptional channelopathies of the nervous system: new targets for molecular medicine --20. New molecular targets for the treatment of neuropathic pain -- 21. Therapeutic transfer and regeneration of neural progenitors or neurons in gray matter of the adult brain -- 22. Cellular plasticity of the adult human brain -- 23. Harnessing endogenous stem cells for central nervous system repair -- 24. Neuropathies-translating causes into treatments -- 25. Therapeutic potential of neurotrophic factors -- 26. Promoting the regeneration of axons within the central nervous system -- 27. Alzheimer's disease: clinical features, neuropathological and biochemical abnormalities, genetics, models, and experimental therapeutics -- 28. Behavioral intervention and recovery from CNS damage -- 29. What functional brain imaging will mean for neurology.
- Frontiers in brain repair 2010, SpringerIn vivo imaging of cellular transplants / Justin Chan ... [et al.] -- Culture and manipulation of neural stem cells / Jennifer Katz, Bryan Keenan, and Evan Y. Snyder -- Animal models of neurological disease / Amol Shah ... [et al.] -- Stem cell transplantation methods / Kimberly D. Tran, Allen L. Ho and Rahul Jandial -- Stem cell origin of brain tumors / Dawn Waters, Ben Newman, and Michael L. Levy -- The tumor microenvironment / Lissa Baird and Alexey Terskikh -- Exploitation of genetically modified neural stem cells for neurological disease / Allen L. Ho, Sassan Keshavarzi, and Michael L. Levy -- Biological horizons for targeting brain malignancy / Samuel A. Hughes .. [et al.] -- Stem cells in the treatment of stroke / Klaudia Urbaniak Hunter, Chester Yarbrough, and Joseph Ciacci -- Gene- and cell-based approaches for neurodegenerative disease / Klaudia Urbaniak Hunter, Chester Yarbrough, and Joseph Ciacci.
- Frozen section library. Central nervous system 2011, Springer
- Functional anatomy of the sleep-wakefulness cycle 2011, Springer
- Functional and neural mechanisms of interval timing 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Functional genomics and proteomics in the clinical neurosciences. 1st ed. 2006, ScienceDirect
- Functional neurobiology of aging 2001, ScienceDirect
- Functional neuroradiology 2011, SpringerPt. 1. Diffusion and perfusion imaging -- Pt. 2. Magnetic resonance spectroscopy -- Pt. 3. Multi modality functional neuroradiology -- Pt. 4. BOLD functional MRI : physical principles -- Pt. 5. BOLD functional MRI : clinical applications -- Pt. 6. Diffusion tensor imaging -- Pt. 7. Beyond proton imaging -- Pt. 8. Functional spine and CSF imaging -- Pt. 9. Neuroanatomical brain atlas.
- Fundamentals of neurology 2006, Thieme BookThe clinical interview in neurology -- The neurological examination -- Ancillary tests in neurology -- Topical diagnosis and differential diagnosis of neurologic syndromes -- Diseases of the brain and meninges -- Diseases of the spinal cord -- Multiple sclerosis and other myelinopathies -- Epilepsy and its differential diagnosis -- Polyradiculopathy and polyneuropathy -- Diseases of the cranial nerves -- Diseases of the spinal nerve roots and peripheral nerves -- Painful syndromes -- Diseases of muscle (myopathies) -- Diseases of the autonomic nervous system.
- Fundamentals of sleep medicine 2012, ScienceDirectSleep stages and basic sleep monitoring -- Technology of sleep monitoring: differential amplifiers, digital polysomnography, and filters -- Sleep staging in adults -- Biocalibration, artifacts, and common variants of sleep -- Sleep staging in infants and children -- Sleep architecture parameters, normal sleep, and sleep loss -- Neurobiology of sleep -- Monitoring respiration: technology and techniques -- Monitoring respiration: event definitions and examples -- Sleep and respiratory physiology -- Cardiac monitoring during polysomnography -- Monitoring of limb movements and other movements during sleep -- Polysomnography, portable monitoring, and actigraphy -- Subjective and objective measures of daytime sleepiness -- Obstructive sleep apnea syndromes: definitions, epidemiology, diagnosis, and variants -- Pathophysiology of obstructive sleep apnea -- Consequences of obstructive sleep apnea and the benefits of treatment -- Obstructive sleep apnea treatment overview and medical treatments -- Positive airway pressure treatment -- Oral appliance and surgical treatment for obstructive sleep apnea -- Central sleep apnea and hypoventilation syndromes -- Sleep and obstructive lung disease -- Restless leg syndrome, periodic limb movements in sleep, and the periodic limb movement disorder -- Hypersomnias of central origin -- Insomnia -- Circadian rhythm sleep disorders (CRSD) -- Clinical EEG and nocturnal epilepsy -- Parasomnias -- Psychiatry and sleep -- Sleep and non-respiratory physiology -- Sleep and neurological disorders.
- Fundamentals of sleep technology 2007, Ovid
- GABA and the basal ganglia. 1st ed. 2007, ScienceDirectBasal ganglia macrocircuits / J. M. Tepper, E. D. Abercrombie and J. P. Bolam -- GABA: homeostatic and pharmacological aspects / A. Schousboe and H. S. Waagepetersen -- GABA [subscript A] receptors: structure and function in the basal ganglia / T. Goetz ... [et al.] -- GABA [subscript B] receptors: structure and function / P. C. Emson -- The cellular, molecular and ionic basis of GABA [subscript A] receptor signalling / M. Farrant and K. Kaila -- GABAergic inhibition in the neostriatum / C. J. Wilson -- Globus pallidus external segment / H. Kita -- Globus pallidus internal segment / A. Nambu -- The pars reticulata of the substantia nigra: a window to basal ganglia output / J. M. Deniau ... [et al.] -- GABAergic control of the subthalamic nucleus / M. D. Bevan, N. E. Hallworth and J. Baufreton -- GABAergic control of substantia nigra dopaminergic neurons / J. M. Tepper and C. R. Lee -- GABAergic output of the basal ganglia / O. Hikosaka -- Localization of GABA receptors in the basal ganglia / J. Boyes and J. P. Bolam -- Presynaptic modulation of GABA release in the basal ganglia / U. Misgeld, G. Drew and Y. Yanovsky -- Development of striatal fast-spiking GABAergic interneurons / M.-F. Chesselet ... [et al.] -- Co-localization of GABA with other neuroactive substances in the basal ganglia / J. F. McGinty -- GABAergic circuits in the basal ganglia and movement disorders / A. Galvan and T. Wichmann -- Simulation of GABA function in the basal ganglia: computational models of GABAergic mechanisms in basal ganglia function / J. R. Wickens, G. W. Arbuthnott and T. Shindou.
- Gasotransmitters 2012, Springer"The gases termed gasotransmitters play an increasingly important role in understanding how signalling into and between cells is modulated and fine-tuned. The advent of gasotransmitters has profoundly changed our way of thinking about biosynthesis, liberation, storage and action mechanisms in cellular signaling. In recent years an impressive amount of new data, distributed throughout the existing literature, has been generated. For this book the editors have recruited distinguished colleagues in the field to summarize and review important biological, pharmacological and medical functions and their implications, as well as methods for the detection of gasotransmitters."--P.  of cover.
- Gene expression to neurobiology and behaviour 2011, ScienceDirectHow does the genome, interacting with the multi-faceted environment, translate into the development by which the human brain achieves its astonishing, adaptive array of cognitive and behavioural capacities? Why and how does this process sometimes lead to neurodevelopmental disorders with a major, lifelong personal and social impact? This volume of Progress in Brain Research links findings on the structural development of the human brain, the expression of genes in behavioural and cognitive phenotypes, environmental effects on brain development, and developmental processes in perception, action.
- Gene therapy of the central nervous system 2006, ScienceDirect
- Genetic instabilities and neurological diseases. 2nd ed. 2006, ScienceDirect,Overview. Overview of the field / Tetsuo Ashizawa and Robert D. Wells -- Myotonic dystrophy. Myotonic dystrophies: an overview / Tetsuo Ashizawa and Peter S. Harper. The RNA-mediated disease process in myotonic dystrophy / Charles A. Thornton, Maurice S. Swanson, and Thomas A. Cooper. cis Effects of CTG expansion in myotonic dystrophy type 1 / Sita Reddy and Sharan Paul. Normal and pathophysiological significance of myotonic dystrophy protein kinase / Derick G. Wansink, René E.M.A. van Herpen, and Bé Wieringa. Biochemistry of myotonic dystrophy protein kinase / Ram Singh and Henry F. Epstein. Clinical and genetic features of myotonic dystrophy type 2 / Jamie M. Margolis, Laura P.W. Ranum, and John W. Day. Myotonic dystrophy type 2: clinical and genetic aspects / Ralf Krahe, Linda L. Bachinski, and Bjarne Udd. The subtelomeric D4Z4 repeat instability in facioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophy / Silvére van der Maarel, Rune R. Frants, and George W. Padberg -- Fragile X syndrome. Fragile X syndrome and fragile X-associated tremor/ataxia syndrome / Randi J. Hagerman and Paul J. Hagerman. Animal models of fragile X syndrome: mice and flies / Ben A. Oostra and David L. Nelson. Chromosomal fragile sites: mechanisms of cytogenetic expression and pathogenic consequences / Robert I. Richards -- Kennedy's disease. Clinical features and molecular biology of Kennedy's disease / CheunJu Chen and Kenneth H. Fischbeck -- Huntington's disease. Molecular pathogenesis and therapeutic targets in Huntington's disease / John S. Bett, Gillian P. Bates, and Emma Hockly. Molecular pathogenesis of Huntington's disease: the role of excitotoxicity / Mahmoud A. Pouladi ... [et al.] Huntington's disease-like 2 / Russell L. Margolis ... [et al.] -- Friedreich's ataxia. Friedreich's ataxia / Massimo Pandolfo. Experimental therapeutics for Friedreich's ataxia / Robert B. Wilson. Evolution and instability of the GAA triplet-repeat sequence in Friedreich's ataxia / Irene De Biase, Astrid Rasmussen, and Sanjay I. Bidichandani. Mouse models for Friedreich's ataxia / Hélène Puccio. Triplexes, sticky DNA, and the (GAA-TTC) trinucleotide repeat associated with Friedreich's ataxia / Leslie S. Son and Robert D. Wells -- Spinocerebellar ataxias. Phosphorylation of ataxin-1: a link between basic research and clinical application in spinocerebellar ataxia type 1 / Kerri M. Carlson and Harry T. Orr. Spinocerebellar ataxia type 2 / Stefan M. Pulst. Machado-Joseph disease/spinocerebellar ataxia type 3 / Henry Paulson. Spinocerebellar ataxia type 6 / Hidehiro Mizusawa and Kinya Ishikawa. Pathogenesis of spinocerebellar ataxia type 7: new insights from mouse models and ataxin-7 function / Dominique Helmlinger and Didier Devys. Spinocerebellar ataxia type 7: clinical features to cellular pathogenesis / Gwenn A. Garden ... [et al.] Molecular genetics of spinocerebellar ataxia type 8 / Yoshio Ikeda ... [et al.] Spinocerebellar ataxia type 10: a disease caused by an expanded (ATTCT)n pentanucleotide repeat / Tetsuo Ashizawa. DNA structures and genetic instabilities associated with spinocerebellar ataxia type 10 (ATTCT)n·(AGAAT)n repeats suggest a DNA amplification model for repeat expansion / Vladimir N. Potman ... [et al.] Spinocerebellar ataxia type 12 / Susan E. Holmes ... [et al.] Spinocerebellar ataxia 17 and Huntington's disease-like 4 / Giovanni Stevanin and Alexis Brice -- Other polyamino acid repeats. Polyalanine and polyglutamine diseases: possible common mechanisms? / Aida Abu-Baker and Guy A. Rouleau -- Biophysics of polyQ. Chemical and physical properties of polyglutamine repeat sequences / Ronald Wetzel -- In vivo instability studies. Somatic mosaicism of expanded CAG·CTG repeats in humans and mice: dynamics, mechanisms, and consequences / Peggy F. Shelbourne and Darren G. Monckton. Transgenic mouse models of unstable trinucleotide repeats: toward an understanding of disease-associated repeat size mutation / Mário Gomes-Pereira, Laurent Foiry, and Geneviève Gourdon -- Insect models. Drosophila models of polyglutamine disorders / George R. Jackson, Tzu-Kang Sang, and J. Paul Taylor -- Instability mechanisms in vivo and in vitro. Involvement of genetic recombination in microsatellite instability / Ruhee Dere, Micheal L. Hebert, and Marek Napierala. Bending the rules: unusual nucleic acid structures and disease pathology in the repeat expansion diseases / Karen Usdin. Replication of expandable DNA repeats / Sergei M. Mirkin. Error-prone repair of slipped (CTG)·(CAG) repeats and disease-associated expansions / Gagan B. Panigrahi ... [et al.] DNA repair models for understanding triplet repeat instability / Yuan Liu, Rajendra Prasad, and Samuel H. Wilson. Models of repair underlying trinucleotide DNA expansion / Irina V. Kovtun and Cynthia T. McMurray. Transcription and triplet repeat instability / Yunfu Lin, Vincent Dion, and John H. Wilson. Structural characteristics of trinucleotide repeats in transcripts / Wlodzimierz J. Krzyzosiak, Krzysztof Sobczak, and Marek Napierala -- Mutations in flanking sequences. Gross rearrangements caused by long triplet and other repeat sequences / Albino Bacolla [et al.] -- Cancer and genetic instability. Microsatellite instability in cancer / Michael J. Siciliano.
- Genetic models of schizophrenia 2009, ScienceDirect
- Genetics and molecular biology of neural tumors 2008, Springer
- Genetics of movement disorders 2003, ScienceDirect
- Genomics, proteomics, and the nervous system 2011, Springer
- Glial cell function. 1st ed. 2001, ScienceDirect
- Glioma 2012, SpringerMolecular biology of glioma / Tomotoshi Marumoto and Hideyuki Saya -- Recent surgical management of gliomas / Nader Sanai and Mitchel S. Berger -- Recent medical management of glioblastoma / Derek R. Johnson and Susan M. Chang -- Basic concepts in glioma immunology / Ian F. Parney -- Mechanisms of immune evasion by gliomas / Cleo E. Rolle, Sadhak Sengupta, and Maciej S. Lesniak -- Glioma antigen / Masahiro Toda -- Cytokine therapy / Masasuke Ohno, Atsushi Natsume, and Toshihiko Wakabayashi -- Immunotherapeutic approach with oligodeoxynucleotides containing CpG motifs (CpG ODN) in malignant glioma / Renata Ursu and Antoine F. Carpentier -- Adoptive cell transfer therapy for malignant gliomas / Eiichi Ishikawa ... [et al.] -- Monoclonal antibody therapy for malignant glioma / Kevin S. Chen and Duane A. Mitchell -- Animal models for vaccine therapy / Dong-Sup Chung, Chang-Hyun Kim, and Yong-Kil Hong -- Immunogene therapy / Terry Lichtor and Roberta P. Glick -- Peptide vaccine / Shuichi Izumoto -- Active immunotherapy : oncolytic virus therapy using HSV-1 / Tomoki Todo -- Dendritic cell vaccines / Ryuya Yamanaka and Koji Kajiwara -- Antigen-receptor gene-modified T cells for treatment of glioma / Hiroaki Ikeda and Hiroshi Shiku -- Glioma stem cell research for the development of immunotherapy / Qijin Xu, Xiangpeng Yuan, and John S. Yu.
- Glioma signaling 2013, Springer
- Global clinical trials for Alzheimer's disease 2014, ScienceDirect
- Glutamate receptors 2008, Springer
- Glutamate receptors in peripheral tissue 2005, SpringerPt. I. General concepts. 1. Glutamate receptors in peripheral tissues: distribution and implications for toxicology / Santokh Gill and Olga Pulido -- 2. Glutamate receptor pharmacology: lessons learned from the last decade of stroke trials / Daniel L. Small and Joseph S. Tauskela -- 3. Expression of non-organelle glutamate transporters to support peripheral tissue function / James C. Matthews -- 4. Anticancer effects of glutamate antagonists / Wojciech Rzeski, Lechoslaw Turski, and Chrysanthy Ikonomidou -- 5. Glutamate receptors and their role in acute and inflammatory pain / Susan M. Carlton -- Pt. II. Specific target tissues, organs, and systems. 6. The vertebrate retina / Victoria P. Connaughton -- 7. Glutamate receptors in taste receptor cells / Albertino Bigiani -- 8. Glutamate recepts in endocrine tissues / Tania F. Gendron and Paul Morley --9. Adrenal glutamate receptors: a role in stress and drug addiction? / Daniela Jezova and Marek Schwendt -- 10. Glutamate receptors in the stomach and their implications / Li Hsueh Tsai and Jang-yen Wu -- 11. Glutamate toxicity in lung and airway disease / Sami I. Said -- 12. Glutamate: teaching old bones new tricks - implications for skeletal biology / Gary J. Spencer, Ian S. Hitchcock, and Paul G. Genever -- 13. Expression and function of metabotrophic glutamate receptors in liver / Marianna Storto ... [et al.] -- 14. Neuroexcitatory signaling in immune tissues / Helga S. Haas and Konrad Schauenstein -- 15. Platelet glutamate receptors as a window into psychiatric disorders / Michael Berk -- Pt. III. Non-mammalian organisms. 16. Analysis of glutamate receptor genes in plants: progress and prospects / Joanna C. Chiu ... [et al.].
- Glycerophospholipids in the brain 2007, Springer
- Golgi apparatus 2009, Springer
- Guide to neuropsychiatric therapeutics 2007, OvidApathy and related disorders of diminished motivation -- Delirium -- Cognitive impairment -- Global cognitive impairment : the dementias -- Disturbances of mood, affect, and emotion -- Anxiety -- Psychosis in neuropsychiatric disorders -- Nonepileptic seizures -- Parkinsonian movement disorders -- Hyperkinetic movement disorders -- Changes in personality -- Pain -- Sleep disorders -- Unexplained neuropsychiatric symptoms -- Intellectual disabilities of developmental onset -- Agitation and aggression -- Forensic neuropsychiatry -- Rational approach to brain imaging and electrophysiology.
- Guide to research techniques in neuroscience 2010, ScienceDirectWhole brain imaging -- Animal behavior -- Stereotaxic surgeries and in vivo techniques -- Electrophysiology -- Microscopy -- Visualizing nervous system structure -- Visualizing nervous system function -- Identifying genes and proteins of interest -- Molecular cloning and recombinant DNA technology -- Gene delivery strategies -- Making and using transgenic organisms -- Manipulating endogenous genes -- Cell culture techniques -- Biochemical assays and intracellular signaling.
- Guide to the primary care of neurological disorders. 2nd ed. 2008, Thieme Book
- Guiding neurosurgery by evidence 2006, KargerEvidence-based medicine for neurosurgeons: introduction and methodology / M.E. Linskey -- Evaluation of epidemiologic evidence for primary adult brain tumor risk factors using evidence-based medicine / J.L. Fisher ... [et al.] -- Benign adult brain tumors: an evidence-based medicine review / M. Aghi, F.G. Barker, II -- Pediatric neurosurgery / C.O. Maher, A.A. Cohen-Gadol, C. Raffel -- Cerebrovascular-endovascular / K.M. Cockroft, R.H. Rosenwasser -- Evidence-based guidelines in lumbar spine surgery / D.K. Resnick, M.C. Groff -- Spine: minimally invasive techniques / P.C. Gerszten, W.C. Welch -- An evidence-based medicine review of stereotactic radiosurgery / B.E. Pollock -- Evidenced-based guidelines for traumatic brain injuries / D.W. Marion -- Treatment of chronic pain with neurostimulation / J.K. Birknes, A. Sharan, A.R. Rezai.
- Hallucinations 2012, Springer
- Handbook of basal ganglia structure and function 2010, ScienceDirectPart A: The Basal Ganglia System and its Evolution -- Chapter 1. The Neuroanatomical Organization of the Basal Ganglia / Charles R. Gerfen, J. Paul Bolam -- Chapter 2. The Conservative Evolution of the Vertebrate Basal Ganglia / Anton Reiner -- Chapter 3. Cell Types in the Different Nuclei of the Basal Ganglia / Dorothy E. Oorschot -- Chapter 4. Neurotransmitter Receptors in the Basal Ganglia / Piers C. Emson, Henry J. Waldvogel, Richard L.M. Faull -- Part B: Anatomy and Physiology of the Striatum -- Chapter 5. The Striatal Skeleton: Medium Spiny Projection Neurons and their Lateral Connections / Dietmar Plenz, Jeffery R. Wickens -- Chapter 6. D1 and D2 Dopamine Receptor Modulation of Glutamatergic Signaling in Striatal Medium Spiny Neurons / D. James Surmeier, Michelle Day, Tracy Gertler, Savio Chan, Weixing Shen -- Chapter 7. The Cholinergic Interneurons of the Striatum: Intrinsic Properties Underlie Multiple Discharge Patterns / Joshua A. Goldberg, Charles J. Wilson -- Chapter 8. GABAergic Interneurons of the Striatum / James M. Tepper -- Chapter 9. Endocannabinoid Signaling in the Striatum / David M. Lovinger, Margaret I. Davis, Rui M. Costa -- Chapter 10. Nitric Oxide Signaling in the Striatum / Anthony R. West -- Chapter 11. Role of Adenosine in the Basal Ganglia / Micaela Morelli, Nicola Simola, Patrizia Popoli, Anna R. Carta -- Chapter 12. Regulation of Corticostriatal Synaptic Plasticity in Physiological and Pathological Conditions / Massimiliano Di Filippo, Paolo Calabresi -- Part C: Anatomy and Physiology of Globus Pallidus, Subthalamic Nucleus and Substantia Nigra -- Chapter 13. Organization of the Globus Pallidus / Hitoshi Kita -- Chapter 14. Projections from Pallidum to Striatum / Pieter Voorn -- Chapter 15. The Subthalamic Nucleus: From In Vitro to In Vivo Mechanisms / Stephane Charpier, Corinne Beurrier, Jeanne T. Paz -- Chapter 16. Neurophysiology of Substantia Nigra Dopamine Neurons: Modulation by GABA / James M. Tepper -- Chapter 17. Regulation of Extracellular Dopamine: Release and Reuptake / David Sulzer, Hui Zhang, Marianne Benoit-Marand, Francois Gonon -- Part D: Network Integration -- Chapter 18. Organization of Corticostriatal Projection Neuron Types / Anton Reiner --Chapter 19. Gating of Cortical Input to the Striatum / Jeffery R. Wickens, Gordon W. Arbuthnott -- Chapter 20. Organization of Prefrontal-Striatal Connections / Henk J. Groenewegen, Harry B.M. Uylings -- Chapter 21. Gating of Limbic Input to the Ventral Striatum / Patricio O'Donnell -- Chapter 22. Anatomical and Functional Organization of the Thalamostriatal Systems / Yoland Smith, Adriana Galvan, Dinesh Raju, Thomas Wichmann -- Chapter 23. Subcortical Connections of the Basal Ganglia / Philip Winn, David I.G. Wilson, Peter Redgrave -- Chapter 24. Integrative Networks Across Basal Ganglia Circuits / Suzanne N. Haber -- Chapter 25. Synchronous Activity in Basal Ganglia Circuits / Judith R. Walters, Debra A. Bergstrom -- Part E: Molecular Signaling in the Basal Ganglia -- Chapter 26. Second-Messenger Cascades / Stephanie E. Bronson, Christine Konradi -- Chapter 27. Neurotransmitter Regulation of Basal Ganglia Gene Expression / Kristen A. Keefe, Kristen A. Horner -- Chapter 28. D1 Dopamine Receptor Supersensitivity in the Dopamine-Depleted Striatum: Aberrant ERK1/2 Signaling / Charles R. Gerfen -- Chapter 29. Psychostimulant-Induced Gene Regulation in Corticostriatal Circuits / Heinz Steiner -- Chapter 30. Chromatin Remodeling: Role in Neuropathologies of the Basal Ganglia / Jocelyne Caboche, Emmanuel Roze, Karen Brami-Cherrier, Sandrine Betuing -- Part F: Basal Ganglia Function and Dysfunction -- Chapter 31. Phasic Dopamine Signaling and Basal Ganglia Function / Peter Redgrave, Veronique Coizet, John Reynolds -- Chapter 32. Role of Basal Ganglia in Habit Learning and Memory: Rats, Monkeys, and Humans / Mark G. Packard -- Chapter 33. Drug Addiction: the Neural and Psychological Basis of a Compulsive Incentive Habit / David Belin, Barry J. Everitt -- Chapter 34. Parkinson's Disease: Cross-Talk Between Environmental Factors and Gene Defects / Gloria E. Meredith, Susan Totterdell -- Chapter 35. Alterations in Corticostriatal Synaptic Function in Huntington's and Parkinson's Diseases / Carlos Cepeda, Nigel S. Bamford, Véronique M. André, Michael S. Levine -- Chapter 36. Molecular Mechanisms of l-DOPA-Induced Dyskinesia / M. Angela Cenci -- Chapter 37. Compensatory Mechanisms in Experimental and Human Parkinsonism: Potential for New Therapies / Erwan Bezard, Grégory Porras, Javier Blesa, José A. Obeso -- Chapter 38. Pathological Synchrony of Basal Ganglia-Cortical Networks in the Systemic MPTP Primate Model of Parkinson's Disease / Hagai Bergman, Adam Zaidel, Boris Rosin, Maya Slovik, Michal Rivlin-Etzion, Shay Moshel, Zvi Israel -- Chapter 39. Deep-Brain Stimulation for Neurologic and Psychiatric Disorders / Thomas Wichmann, Mahlon R. DeLong.
- Handbook of brain tumor chemotherapy 2006, ScienceDirect
- Handbook of clinical neurology v. 79-, 2003-, ScienceDirect
- Handbook of episodic memory 2008., ScienceDirectPerspectives on episodic and semantic memory retrieval /Lee Ryan, Siobhan Hoscheidt and Lynn Nadel --Exploring episodic memory /Martin A. Conway --Episodic memory and mental time travel /Thomas Suddendorf and Michael C. Corballis --Episodic memory : reconsolidation /Lynn Nadel ... [et al.] --Attributes of episodic memory processing /Michael R. Hunsaker and Raymond P. Kesner --Cognitive and neural bases of flashbulb memories /Patrick S.R. Davidson --From the past into the future : the development origins and trajectory of episodic future thinking /Cristina M. Atance --Emotion and episodic memory /Philip A. Allen, Kevin P. Kaut and Robert R. Lord --Current status of cognitive time travel research in animals /William A. Roberts --Animal episodic memory /Ekrem Dere ... [et al.] --New working definition of episodic memory : replacing "when" and "which" /Alexander Easton and Madeline J. Eacott --Episodic-like memory in food-hoarding birds /Gesa Feenders and Tom V. Smulders --Representing past and future events /Thomas R. Zentall --Functional neuroanatomy of remote, episodic memory /Morris Moscovitch ... [et al.] --Medial temporal lobe : visual perception and recognition memory /Yael Shrager and Larry R. Squire --Toward a neurobiology of episodic memory /Howard Eichenbaum ... [et al.] --Spatio-temporal context and object recognition memory in rodents /Mark Good --Role of the prefrontal cortex in episodic memory /Matthias Brand and Hans J. Markowitsch --Basal forebrain and episodic memory /Toshikatsu Fujii --Role of the precuneus in episodic memory /Michael R. Trimble and Andrea E. Cavanna --Multiple roles of dopaminergic neurotransmission in episodic memory /Björn H. Schott and Emrah Düzel --Neural coding of episodic memory /Joe Z. Tsien --Primate hippocampus and episodic memory /Edmund T. Rolls --Hippocampal neuronal activity and episodic memory /Emma R. Wood and Livia de Hoz --Hippocampus, context processing and episodic memory /David M. Smith --Memory and perceptual impairments in amnesia and dementia /Kim S. Graham, Andy C.H. Lee and Morgan D. Barense --Using hippocampal amnesia to understand the neural basis of diencephalic amnesia /John P. Aggleton, Richard C. Saunders and Seralynne D. Vann --Structure-function correlates of episodic memory in aging /Jonas Persson and Lars Nyberg --Memory and cognitive performance in preclinical Alzheimer's disease and preclinical vascular disease /Brent J. Small ... [et al.] --Transgenic mouse models of Alzheimer's disease and episodic-like memory /David R. Borchelt and Alena V. Savonenko --Episodic memory in the context of cognitive control dysfunction : the case of Huntington's disease /Francois Richer, Martin Lemay and Martin LaPage --Adrenal steroids and episodic memory : relevance to mood disorders /Hamid A. Alhaj and R. Hamish McAllister-Williams.
- Handbook of genetic communicative disorders 2001, ScienceDirectpt. 1. Introduction / Sanford E. Gerber. Some background -- What is the problem? -- Some language -- Some information -- pt. 2. Delineation of genetic components of communicative disorders / Glenn E. Green and Richard J. H. Smith. Historical aspects -- Genetic inheritance patterns -- Identification of genetic components -- Identification of Loci and Genes -- Medical significance -- pt. 3. Prenatal and postnatal craniofacial development / Sylvan E. Stool. Phylogenetic aspects and embryology -- Postnatal craniofacial growth and development -- Functions of the human craniofacial complex -- pt. 4. Morphogenesis and genetics of inner ear development and malformation / Dorothy A. Frenz, Juan Represa, and Thomas R. Van De Water. Morphogenesis of the inner ear -- Genetic patterning of inner ear development -- pt. 5. Genetic deafness / Robert J. Ruben. Nosology -- Syndromic hearing impairment -- pt. 6. Genetic language disorders / Julie Williams and Jim Stevenson. Specific language impairment -- The genetics of specific reading disability -- Conclusions -- pt. 7. Genetics in craniofacial disorders and clefting : Then and now / Robert J. Shprintzen. The genetics of clefting : Its evolution over the past 30 years -- How might mutant genes cause cleft lip, cleft plate, and craniofacial anomalies? -- Syndromes of clefting -- Sequences and associations -- When to be suspicious -- The predictive power of understanding causation -- Integration of genetics into the interdisciplinary team -- Syndromes commonly seen in cleft palate centers -- Does it really make a difference? -- Has there been an effect on research? -- Conclusion -- pt. 8. Stuttering and genetics : Our past and our future / Susan Felsenfeld and Dennis Drayna. Introduction -- Stuttering and genetics : An abridged historical timeline -- Gene finding : The 'today' and 'tomorrow' of stuttering research -- The human face of the molecular genetics revolution -- Concluding remarks -- pt. 9. Concepts in behavioral genetics and their application to developmental and learning disorders / Jeffrey W. Gilger. Introduction to the basic model of human behavioral genetics -- molecular work and human behavioral genetics -- Toward the future -- pt. 10. Genetic privacy and ethical, legal, and social issues / Sharon Davis. Genetic testing -- Genetic discrimination -- Genetic privacy -- Conclusion -- pt. 11. Treatment and prevention / Sanford E. Gerber. Introduction -- Treatment -- Prevention.
- Handbook of headache 2011, Springer
- Handbook of individual differences in cognition 2010, SpringerGeneral models of individual differences in cognition -- Individual differences in cognition: in search of a general model of behaviour control / Philip J. Corr -- Individual differences in cognition: new methods for examining the personality-cognition link / William Revelle, Joshua Wilt, Allen Rosenthal -- The relationship between intelligence and Pavolovian temperament traits: the role of gender and level of intelligence / Magdalena Kaczmarek, Jan Strelau, Agnieszka Miklewska -- General models of individual differences in cognition: the commentaries / Philip Corr, William Revelle, Joshua Wilt, Allen Rosenthal -- Individual differences in cognition from a neurophysiological perspective -- Neuroscientific approaches to the study of individual differences in cognition and personality / Aljoscha C. Neubauer, Andreas Fink -- Cognitive neuroscience approaches to individual differences in working memory and executive control: conceptual and methodological issues / Tal Yarkoni, Todd S. Braver -- Emotional intelligence and gender: a neurophysiological perspective / Norbert Jausovec, Ksenija Jausovec -- Learned irrelevance revisited: pathology-based individual differences, normal variation and neural correlates / Aleksandr Gruszka, Adam Hampshire, Adrian M. Owen -- Post-Soviet psychology and individual differences in cognition: a psychophysiological perspective / Almira Kustubayeva -- Individual differences in cognition from a neurophysiological perspective: the commentaries / Todd S. Braver, Tal Yarkoni, Aleksandra Gruszka, Adam Hampshire, Adrian M. Owen, Norbert Jausovec, Almira Kustubayeva, Aljoscha C. Neubauer, Andreas Fink --Individual differences in attentional mechanisms -- Psychopathology and individualized differences in latent inhibition: schizophrenia and schizotypality / R. E. Lubow, Oren Kaplan -- Attentional control theory of anxiety: recent developments / Michael W. Eysenck -- Task engagement, attention, and executive control / Gerald Matthews, Joel S. Warm, Lauren E. Reinerman, Lisa K. Langheim, Dyani J. Saxby -- Individual differences in resource allocation policy / Blazej Szymura -- The relationship of attention and intelligence / Karl Schweizer -- Intelligence and cognitive control / Adam Chuderski, Edward Necka -- Individual differences in attention: the commentaries / Michael W. Eysenck, Gerald Matthews, Edward Necka, Adam Chuderski, Karl Schweizer, Blazej Szymura -- Individual differences in working memory functioning and higher-order processing -- Trait and state differences in working memory capacity / Malgorzata Ilkowska, Randall W. Engle -- Adrift in the stream of thought: the effects of mind wandering on executive control and working memory capacity / Jennifer C. McVay, Michael J. Kane -- The unique cognitive limitation in subclinical depression: the impairment of mental model construction / Grzegorz Sedek, Aneta Brzezicka, Ulrich von Hecker -- Working memory capacity and individual differences in higher-level cognition / Jaroslaw Orzechowski -- Motivation towards closure and cognitive resources: an individual differences approach / Malgorzata Kossowska, Edward Orehek, Arie W. Kruglanski -- Mood as information: the regulatory role of personality / Magdalena Marszal-Wisniewska, Dominika Zajusz -- Autobiographical memory: individual differences and developmental course / Mary L. Courage, Mark L. Howe -- Individual differences in working memory and higher-ordered processing: the commentaries / Mary L. Courage, Mark L. Howe, Malgorzata Ilkowska, Randall W. Engle, Malgorzata Kossowska, Edward Orehek, Arie W. Kruglanski, Jennifer C. McVay, Michael J. Kane, Magdalena Marszal-Wisniewska, Dominika Zajusz, Jaroslaw Orzechowski, Grzegorz Sedek, Aneta Brzezicka -- The state of art in research on individual differences in executive control and cognition / Gerald Matthews, Aleksandra Gruszka, Blazej Szymura.
- Handbook of mammalian vocalization 2010., ScienceDirectVocalization as an ethnotransmitter : an introduction to the Handbook of mammalian vocalization / Stefan M. Brudzynski -- Laryngeal muscles as highly specialized organs in airway protection, respiration and phonation / Joseph F.Y. Hoh -- Evolution of the communication brain in control of mammalian vocalization / John D. Newman -- Evolution of the infant separation call : rodent ultrasonic vocalization / Myron A. Hofer -- Understanding the evolutionary origin and diversification of bat echolocation calls / Alanna Maltby, Kate E. Jones and Gareth Jones -- A frequency scaling rule in mammalian vocalization / Neville H. Fletcher -- Elephant ultrasounds : long-range communication / Michael Garstang -- Rat ultrasonic vocalization : short-range communication / Stefan M. Brudzynski and Neville H. Fletcher -- Ultrasonic calls of wild and wild-type rodents / Gillian D. Sales -- Vocal repertoire in mouse pups : strain differences / Maria Luisa Scattoni and Igor Branchi -- Subcortical responses to species-specific vocalizations / Josef Syka -- Activation of limbic system structures by replay of ultrasonic vocalization in rats / Markus Wöhr and Rainer K.W. Schwarting -- Selective perception and recognition of vocal signals / Günter Ehret and Simone Kurt -- Cortical processing of vocal sounds in primates / Christopher I. Petkov, Christoph Kayser and Nikos K. Logothetis -- Vocalization as a social signal in defensive behavior / Yoav Litvin, D. Caroline Blanchard and Robert J. Blanchard -- Effect of altricial pup ultrasonic vocalization on maternal behavior / Markus Wöhr, Diego Oddi and Francesca R. D'Amato -- Vocalization as a specific trigger of emotional responses / Koji Kuraoka and Katsuki Nakamura -- Vocalizations as tools for influencing the affect and behavior of others / Drew Rendall and Michael J. Owren -- Brain mechanisms for processing perceived emotional vocalizations in humans / Sophie K. Scott, Disa Sauter and Carolyn McGettigan -- Emotional causes and consequences of social-affective vocalization / Jaak Panksepp -- Frequency modulated 50 kHz ultrasonic vocalizations reflect a positive emotional state in the rat : neural substrates and therapeutic implications / Jeffrey Burgdorf and Joseph R. Moskal -- Vocal expression of emotion in a nocturnal prosimian primate group, mouse lemurs / Elke Zimmermann -- Rat infant isolation vocalizations and their modulation by social cues as a model of expression of infantile emotionality / Jeff Muller, Susan Brunelli and Harry Shair -- Limbic, hypothalamic and periaqueductal gray circuitry and mechanisms controlling rage and vocalization in the cat / Allan Siegel, ... [et al.] -- The polyvagal hypothesis : common mechanisms mediating autonomic regulation, vocalizations and listening / Steven W. Porges and Gregory F. Lewis -- Medial cholinoceptive vocalization strip in the cat and rat brains : initiation of defensive vocalizations / Stefan M. Brudzynski -- Hypothalamic control of pain vocalization and affective dimensions of pain signaling / George S. Borszcz and Catherine A. Spuz -- Responses of limbic, midbrain and brainstem structures to electrically-induced vocalizations / Francisco Gonzalez-Lima -- Adult house mouse (Mus musculus) ultrasonic calls : hormonal and pheromonal regulation / John G. Nyby -- Role of the periaqueductal gray in expressing vocalization / Eva Gruber-Dujardin -- Localization of the central pattern generator for vocalization / Steffen R. Hage -- Neuronal networks involved in the generation of vocalization / Steffen R. Hage -- Central pattern generators for orofacial movements and speech / Steven M. Barlow, ... [et al.] -- Functions of larynx in breathing, vocalization and airway protective reflexes / Keisuke Shiba -- Vocal-respiratory interactions in the parabrachial nucleus / Michael Smotherman, Christine Schwartz and Walter Metzner -- Audio-vocal interactions in the mammalian brain / Hanjun Liu, Roozbeh Behroozmand and Charles R. Larson -- Vocal control in echolocating bats / Walter Metzner and Gerd Schuller -- Functions of the larynx and production of sounds / Gerald S. Berke and Jennifer L. Long -- Structure and oscillatory function of the vocal folds / Camille Finck and Lionel Lejeune -- Mechanisms and evolution of roaring-like vocalization in mammals / Roland Frey and Alban Gebler -- Generation of sound in marine mammals / Joy S. Reidenberg and Jeffrey T. Laitman -- Control of gestures and vocalizations in primates / Eva Maria Eberl -- The generation of functionally referential and motivational vocal signals in mammals / Marta B. Manser -- Auditory categories in the non-human primate / Yale E. Cohen, ... [et al.] -- Recognition of individuals within the social group : signature vocalizations / Ari Daniel Shapiro -- Evolution of mammalian vocal signals : development of semiotic content and semantics of human language / Klaus Zuberbühler.
- Handbook of medical neuropsychology 2010, Springer
- Handbook of movement disorders 2009, Springer
- Handbook of multiple sclerosis 2010, Springer
- Handbook of multiple sclerosis. 3rd ed. 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of neuroanesthesia. 4th ed. 2007, OvidPhysiology and metabolism of the brain and spinal cord / Ira S. Kass -- Effects of anesthesia on cerebral and spinal cord physiology / Rosemary Hickey -- Neurophysiologic monitoring / M. Sean Kincaid and Arthur M. Lam -- Cerebral protection and resuscitation / Myrna I. Morales, Janet Pittman, and James E. Cottrell -- Management of pain in the neurosurgical patient / Timothy R. Deer -- Anesthetic management of head trauma / Takefumi Sakabe and Audrée A. Bendo -- Anesthesia for supratentorial tumors / Nicolas J. Bruder and Patrick A. Ravussin -- Anesthesia for posterior fossa surgery / Deborah J. Culley and Gregory Crosby -- Anesthetic management of intracranial aneurysms / Philippa Newfield and Audrèe A. Bendo -- Ischemic cerebrovascular disease / Ian A. Herrick, Miquel F. Arango, and Adrian W. Gelb -- Neuroendocrine tumors: pathophysiology / David L. Schreibman and M. Jane Matjasko -- Epilepsy, epilepsy surgery, awake craniotomy for tumor surgery, and intraoperative magnetic resonance imaging / Pirjo Hellen Manninen and Jee Jian See --Spinal cord: injury and procedures / Gary R. Stier ... [et al.] -- Pediatric neuroanesthesia / Philippa Newfield, Lawrence H. Feld, and Rukaiya K.A. Hamid -- Neurosurgery in the pregnant patient / David J. Wlody and Lela D. Weems -- Anesthetic management of therapeutic interventional neuroradiologic procedures / Shailendra Joshi, Sundeep Mangla, and William L. Young -- Anesthetic management of diagnostic neuroradiology / Deborah M. Whelan, Melissa A. Laxton, and Patricia H. Petrozza -- Complications in the postanesthesia care unit / Jean G. Charchaflieh and Samrat H. Worah -- Respiratory care of the neurosurgical patient / Irene Rozet and Karen B. Domino -- Cardiovascular therapy / Steven J. Allen and C. Lee Parmley -- Fluid management / Concezione Tommasino -- Nutritional support in the critically ill patient / John M. Taylor and Linda Liu -- Traumatic brain injury, stroke, and brain death / Seth Manoach and Jean G. Charchaflieh.
- Handbook of neurochemistry and molecular neurobiology. Neural signaling mechanisms. 3rd ed. 2009, Springer
- Handbook of neurochemistry and molecular neurobiology. Neuroactive proteins and peptides. 3rd ed. 2006, SpringerNerve Growth Factor and Related Proteins / J. Regino Perez-Polo -- Signaling Through the Neurotrophin Receptors / Yu Pong Ng, Kin Yip Lo, Zelda H. Cheung and Nancy Y. Ip -- CNTF and Related Neurokines / S. W. Halvorsen and N. Kaur -- GDNF and Related Proteins / H. Peterziel and J. Strelau -- Fibroblast Growth Factors in Brain Functions / K. Unsicker, B. Reuss and O. von Bohlen und Halbach -- Transforming Growth Factor-βs in the Brain / K. Krieglstein -- IGF-1 in Brain Growth and Repair Processes / C. Bondy, C. Cheng, J. Zhong and W.-H. Lee -- Erythropoietin Signaling Pathways in Neuroprotection / M. Digicaylioglu -- TNF-α in CNS: Physiologic and Pathologic Roles / R. N. Saha and K. Pahan -- Glia Maturation Factor in Brain Function / R. Lim and A. Zaheer -- Nitric Oxide Synthases in Brain Function / S. Murphy and T. Coughlan -- 14-3-3 Proteins in Brain function / Y. Takahashi -- Heat Shock Proteins in Brain Function / P. Csermely -- GFAP and Astrocyte Intermediate Filaments / M. Pekny and U. Wilhelmsson -- GAP-43 in Neural Development and Plasticity / N. I. Perrone-Bizzozero and D. C. Tanner -- Protein Attractants and Repellants in Axonal Guidance / Y. Zou -- Opioid Receptor Genes and Their Regulation / L-N. Wei and H. H. Loh -- Opioid Receptor Signaling and Regulation / P-Y Law and H. H. Loh -- CGRP: a Multifunctional Neuropeptide / A. F. Russo and I. M. Dickerson -- Substance P and the Tachykinins / M. R. Howard, K. Haddley, T. Thippeswamy, S. Vasiliou and J. P. Quinn -- Secretin Superfamily: PACAP, VIP, and Related Neuropeptides / T. Mustafa and L. E. Eiden -- Hypocretins/Orexins in Brain Function / J. G. Sutcliffe and L. de Lecea -- Neuropeptide Y in Brain Function / A. Thorsell and C. L. Ehlers -- Cholecystokinin Peptides in Brain Function / F. Noble and B. P. Roques -- Oxytocin and Vasopressin: Genetics and Behavioral Implications / H. K. Caldwell and W. S. Young -- Corticotropin-Releasing Factor in Brain Function / F. Noble and B. P. Roques -- Angiotensins in Brain Function / F. Noble and B. P. Roques -- Leptin in Brain Function / J. Harvey.
- Alterations of Neurotransmitter Receptors in Schizophrenia: Evidence from Postmortem Studies / L. V. Kristiansen, R. M. Cowell, M. Biscaia, R. E. McCullumsmith and J. H. Meador-Woodruff -- An Overview and Current Perspective on Family Studies of Schizophrenia / L. E. DeLisi -- Auditory Cortex Anatomy and Asymmetry in Schizophrenia / J. F. Smiley -- Cholinergic Mechanisms in Schizophrenia / T. J. Raedler and R. Freedman -- Cortical Dopamine in Schizophrenia / A. Abi-Dargham -- Dysbindin-1 and Its Protein Family With Special Attention to the Potential Role of Dysbindin-1 in Neuronal Functions and the Pathophysiology of Schizophrenia / K. Talbot, W.- Y. Ong, D. J. Blake, J. Tang and N. Louneva, et al. -- Early-Stage Visual Processing Deficits in Schizophrenia / P. D. Butler -- Event-Related Potentials (ERPs) in the Study of Schizophrenia: How Preclinical ERP Studies have Contributed to our Understanding of Schizophrenia / J. M. Phillips, C. R. Maxwell, R. S. Ehrlichman and S. J. Siegel -- G72/G30 in Neuropsychiatric Disorders / J. Shi, L. Cheng, E. S. Gershon and C. Liu -- Glutamatergic Approaches to the Conceptualization and Treatment of Schizophrenia / J. Kantrowitz and D. C. Javitt -- Hippocampus / S. Heckers -- Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy / P. Milev, S. Miranowski and K. O. Lim -- Neuregulin 1 and Schizophrenia / Y.-J. J. Chen, L. W. Role and D. A. Talmage -- Redox Dysregulation in Schizophrenia: Genetic Susceptibility and Pathophysiological Mechanisms / K. Q. Do, P. Bovet, J. H. Cabungcal, P. Conus and R. Gysin, et al. -- Synaptic Vesicle Associated Proteins and Schizophrenia / H. T. Kao and B. Porton -- The Neurobiology of Negative Symptoms and the Deficit Syndrome / B. A. Fischer, B. Kirkpatrick and W. T. Carpenter -- The Role of Prefrontal Abnormalities in Schizophrenia / M. J. Hoptman and K. A. Nolan.
- Handbook of neurocritical care. 2nd ed. 2011, SpringerEstablishing and organizing a neuroscience critical care unit -- Electrolyte and metabolic derangements -- Fever and infections -- Cerebral blood flow and metabolism: physiology and monitoring -- Multimodality monitoring in acute brain injury -- Cerebral edema and intracranial hypertension -- Cardiac dysfunction, monitoring, and management -- Airway management and mechanical ventilation in the NCCCU -- Blood pressure management -- Nutrition in neurocritical care -- Sedation, analgesia, and neuromuscular paralysis -- Postoperative care -- Care following neurointerventional procedures -- Ethical issues and withdrawal of life-sustaining therapies -- Collaborative nursing practice in the neurosciences critical care unit -- Coma and disorders of consciousness -- Acute encephalopathy -- Traumatic brain injury -- Acute myelopathy -- Ischemic stroke -- Intracerebral hemorrhage -- Intraventricular hemorrhage -- Subarachnoid hemorrhage -- Brain injury following cardiac arrest -- Meningitis and encephalitis -- Cerebral venous sinus thrombosis -- Neuroleptic malignant syndrome, malignant hyperthermia, and serotonin syndrome -- Brain tumors -- Hydrocephalus -- Neuromuscular disorders -- Status epilepticus -- Deep venous thrombosis and pulmonary embolism -- Neurocritical illness during pregnancy and puerperium -- Brain death and organ donation.
- Handbook of neuroemergency clinical trials 2006, ScienceDirectFulltext ScienceDirectAcute ischemic stroke / Christopher Bladin and Stephen Davis -- Subarachnoid hemorrhage / Nader Pouratian, Aaron S. Dumont, and Neal F. Kassell -- Spontaneous intracerebral hemorrhage / Michael D. Hill -- Traumatic brain injury / Wayne M. Alves and Lawrence F. Marshall -- Acute seizures and status epilepticus / Susan Herman -- Clinical trials in neuro-ophthalmology / Madhura Tamhankar and Laura Balcer -- Brain resuscitation / Edwin Nemoto and Charles C. King -- Clinical trials in brain injury after cardiac arrest / Romergryko G. Geocadin and Daniel F. Hanley -- Efficient dose-response finding strategies for acute neuroemergency treatments / Tom Parke ... [et al.] -- Biostatistical issues in neuroemergency clinical trials / Wayne M. Alves -- Data safety and monitoring board: role in acute neurological trials / Brett E. Skolnick -- Role of a project medical officer in acute neuroemergency clinical trials / Joseph A. Kwentus -- Ethical considerations in neuroemergency clinical trials / Wayne M. Alves -- Industry perspective on drug development / Thomas C. Wessel and Christopher Gallen -- Regulatory perspective / Lisa L. Travis.
- Handbook of neuroendocrinology. 1st ed. 2012, ScienceDirectNeuroendocrinology, the discipline concerned with how the nervous system controls hormonal secretion and how hormones control the brain, is pivotal to physiology and medicine. Neuroendocrinology has disclosed and underpins fundamental physiological, molecular biological and genetic principles such as the regulation of gene transcription and translation, the mechanisms of chemical neurotransmission and intracellular and systemic feedback control systems. Reproduction, growth, stress, aggression, metabolism, birth, feeding and drinking and blood pressure are some of the bodily functions that are triggered and/or controlled by neuroendocrine systems. In turn, neuroendocrine dysfunction due to genetic or other deficits can lead, for example, to infertility, impotence, precocious or delayed puberty, defective or excessive growth, obesity and anorexia, Cushing's Syndrome, hypertension or thyroid disorders. These as well as neuroendocrine tumors are some of the themes covered in the 36 chapters of the Handbook. Drafted by internationally acknowledged experts in the field, the Handbook chapters feature detailed up-to-date bibliographies as well as "how do we know?" call out sections that highlight the experimental or technical foundations for major concepts, principles, or methodological advances in each area. Aimed at senior undergraduate and graduate students, post-doctoral fellows and faculty in neuroscience, medicine, endocrinology, psychiatry, psychology and cognate disciplines, the Handbook of Neuroendocrinology satisfies an unmet need that will prove useful at the laboratory bench as well as in the office.
- Handbook of neuroprosthetic methods 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of neuroprotection 2011, Springer
- Handbook of neuropsychiatric biomarkers, endophenotypes, and genes v. 1-4, 2009, Springerv. 1. Neuropsychological endophenotypes and biomarkers -- v. 2. Neuroanatomical and neuroimaging endophenolypes and biomarkers -- v. 3. Metabolic and peripheral biomarkers -- v. 4. Molecular genetic and genomic markers.
- Handbook of olfaction and gustation. 2nd ed. 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of Parkinson's disease. 3rd ed. 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of reward and decision making. 1st ed. 2009, ScienceDirectPart 1. Monkey Anatomical and Electrophysiological Studies on Reward and Decision Making -- Part 2. fMRI Studies on Reward and Decision Making -- Part 3. Brain Disorders Involving Dysfunctions of Reward and Decision Making Processes -- Part 4. Genetic and Hormonal Influences on the Reward System -- Part 5. Computational Models of the Reward System and Decision Making.
- Handbook of sleep medicine 2006, OvidPopulations at risk for sleep disturbances / Phyllis C. Zee and Alon Y. Avidan -- Sleep-disordered breathing / Suzette Sewell-Scheuermann and Barbara A. Phillips -- Insomnia / Ruth M. Benca -- Hypersomnia and narcolepsy / Timothy F. Hoban and Ronald D. Chervin -- Motor disorders of sleep and parasomnias / Alon Y. Avidan -- Circadian rhythm sleep disorders / Brandon S. Lu, Prasanth Manthena, and Phyllis C. Zee -- Sleep disorders in children / Judith Anne Owens and Katherine Finn Davis.
- Handbook of stress and the brain. 1st ed. 2005, ScienceDirectPt. 1. The Neurobiology of stress -- pt. 2. Stress: integrative and clinical aspects.Contents of pt. 2: Hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis in postnatal life / D.M. Vázquez and S. Levine -- Early-life environmental manipulations in rodents and primates : potential animal models in depression research / C.R. Pryce ... [et al.] -- Gene targeted animals with alterations in corticotropin pathways : new insights into allostatic control / S.C. Coste, S.E. Murray and M.P. Stenzel-Poore -- Rat strain differences in stress sensitivity / B.A. Ellenbroek, E.J. Geven and A.R. Cools -- Glucocorticoid hormones, individual differences, and behavioral and dopaminergic responses to psychostimulant drugs / M. Marinelli and P.V. Piazza -- Social hierarchy and stress / R.R. Sakai and K.L.K. Tamashiro -- Stress-induced hyperthermia / B. Olivier ... [et al.] -- Cytokine activation of the hypothalamo-pituitary-adrenal axis / A.J. Dunn -- Glucocorticoids and the immune response / G.J. Wiegers ... [et al.] -- The molecular basis of fever / T. Cartmell and D. Mitchell -- Animal models of posttraumatic stress disorder / I. Liberzon, S. Khan and E.A. Young -- Neuroendocrine aspects of PTSD / R. Yehuda -- Depression and effects of antidepressant drugs on the stress systems / S. Modell and F. Holsboer -- A contemporary appraisal of the role of stress in schizophrenia / R.R.J. Lewine -- Atypical antipsychotic drugs and stress / C.E. Marx ... [et al.] -- The role of stress in opiate and psychostimulant addiction : evidence from animal models / L. Lu and Y. Shaham -- Stress and drug abuse / R. Sinha -- Stress and dementia / E. Ferrari ... [et al.] -- CRF antagonists as novel treatment strategies for stress-related disorders / T. Steckler -- Nonpeptide vasopressin V1b receptor antagonists / G. Griebel and C. Serradeil-Le Gal -- Substance P (NK1 receptor) antagonists / N.M.J. Rupniak -- Glucocorticoid antagonists and depression / J.S. Andrews.
- Handbook of stroke. 2nd ed. 2006, OvidSystematic clinical assessment -- Historical evaluation of key signs and symptoms -- General medical review -- General examination -- Neurologic examination -- Approach to the comatose patient -- Laboratory evaluation -- Differential diagnosis made easy: general approach -- Temporal profile of ischemic cerebrovascular diseases -- Telephone interview and triage -- Management of acute stroke in critically ill patients -- Transient ischemic attack and minor cerebral infarction: general evaluation and treatment -- Major cerebral infarction: general evaluation and treatment -- Subarachnoid hemorrhage: general evaluation and treatment -- Intracerebral hemorrhage: general evaluation and treatment -- Four major categories of ischemic cerebrovascular disease: identification and treatment -- Five major categories of hemorrhagic disease: treatment of specific underlying mechanisms -- Cerebral venous thrombosis -- Other cerebrovascular syndromes --Vascular disease of the spinal cord -- Cerebrovascular disease in children and young adults -- Cerebrovascular disease in pregnant patients -- Cerebrovascular disease genetics -- Modifiable lifestyle and environmental factors -- Asymptomatic carotid and vertebral stenosis -- Hypertension -- Dyslipidemia -- Other host factors -- Unruptured intracranial aneurysms -- Unruptured intracranial vascular malformations -- Hematologic disease -- Carotid or vertebral artery occlusive disease -- Transient ischemic attack -- Cerebral infarction -- Intracerebral hemorrhage -- Subarachnoid hemorrhage -- Physical therapy -- Speech therapy -- Other chronic complications of stroke -- Family and patient education.
- Handbook of the autonomic nervous system in health and disease 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of the behavioral neurobiology of serotonin. 1st ed. 2010, ScienceDirectSection 1: Functional anatomy of the serotonergic system -- Evolution of serotonin : sunlight to suicide / Efrain C. Azmitia -- Genetic organisation of the serotonergic system / Ursula M. D'Souza and Ian W. Craig -- The neuronatomy of the serotonergic system / Jean-Pierre Hornung -- Ultrastructure of the serotonin innervation in mammalian central nervous system / Laurent Descarries, Mustapha Riad and Martin Parent -- Classification and signaling characteristics of 5-HT receptors / Joel Bockaert, Sylvie Claeysen, Aline Dumuis and Philippe Marin -- Distribution of 5-HT receptors in the central nervous system / Guadalupe Mengod, Roser Cort s, M. Teresa Vilar and Daniel Hoyer -- Measuring serotonin activity in vivo in the brains of animals and humans / Charles A Marsden -- Section 2: The neurophysiology of serotonin -- Activity of brain serotonergic neurons in relation to physiology and behavior / Barry L. Jacobs and Casimir A. Fornal -- Electrophysiology of serotonin receptors / Gerard J. Marek -- Tryptophane hydroxylase and serotonin synthesis regulation / Hiroyuki Hasegawa and Kazuhiro Nakamura -- The degradation of serotonin : role of MAO / Marco Bortolato, Kevin Chen and Jean C Shih -- Cellular effects of serotonin in the CNS / Rodrigo Andrade and Sheryl G. Beck -- Serotonergic feedback control / Trevor Sharp -- Tryptophan depletion and serotonin release : a critical reappraisal / Matthijs G.P. Feenstra and Geoffrey van der Plasse -- Serotonin interaction with other transmitter systems / Albert Adell, Anal a Bortolozzi, Llorenc D iaz-Mataix, Noem Santana, Pau Celada, and Francesc Artigas -- Serotonergic regulation of rhythmical activity of the brain, concentrating on the hippocampus / Robert P. Vertes -- 5-HT neurons and central CO 2 chemoreception / Carolin I. Dohle and George B. Richerson --Section 3: Serotonin and behavioural control -- Serotonin and development / Patricia M. Whitaker-Azmitia -- Serotonin and basal sensory : motor control / Robert J. Carey -- Role of the serotonergic system in appetite and ingestion control / Michelle D. Lee and Peter G. Clifton -- Serotonin and sexual behavior / Lynda Uphouse and Jutatip Guptarak -- Serotonin in mood and emotion / Julie G. Hensler -- Serotonin and the neurobiology of anxious states / Christopher A. Lowry and Matthew W. Hale -- Role of Serotonin in Brain Reward and Regulation of Alcohol Drinking Behavior / W. J. McBride -- Role of central serotonin in impulsivity and compulsivity : Comparative studies in experimental animals and humans / TW Robbins & MJ Crockett -- Experimental studies on the role(s) of serotonin in learning and memory functions / Jean-Christophe Cassel -- Social behavior and serotonin / Elif Aysimi Duman and Turhan Canli -- Serotonin in pain and pain control / Claudia Sommer -- Section 4: Serotonin in disease conditions --The Impact of Stress on Serotonergic Neurotransmission / Astrid C.E. Linthorst and Johannes M.H.M. Reul -- Role for serotonin in depression / Gregory V. Carr and Irwin Lucki -- The role of serotonin in drug addiction / Christian P. M ller, Martin E. Pum, Gunter Schumann and Joseph P. Huston -- The serotonergic system in obsessive compulsive disorders / Addy van Dijk, Andre Klompmakers, and Damiaan Denys --The role of serotonin in attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) / Robert D. Oades -- Serotonin and schizophrenia / Boris B. Quednow, Mark A. Geyer, and Adam L. Halberstadt -- Serotonin and serotonin receptors in hallucinogen action / Adam L. Halberstadt and David E. Nichols -- The role of serotonin in cortical development : implications for Autism Spectrum Disorder [ASD] / Christine F. Hohmann and Mary E. Blue -- Serotonin in panic and anxiety disorders / Francisco Silveira Guimar es, H lio Zangrossi Jr., Cristina Marta Del Ben and Frederico Guilherme Graeff -- Serotonin and agression / Isabel M. Quadros, Aki Takahashi and Klaus A. Miczek -- Altered serotonin function in anorexia and bulimia nervosa / Vikas Duvvuri, Ursula F Bailer and Walter H Kaye -- Genetic, epigenetic, and environmental factors in serotonin associated disease conditions / Eva Friedel & Andreas Heinz -- The Behavioral Genetics of Serotonin : Relevance to Anxiety and Depression / Olivia F. O'Leary and John F. Cryan -- Functional pharmacogenetics of serotonin receptors in psychiatric drug action / Olga O. Yevtushenko, Gavin P. Reynolds.
- Handbook on cerebral artery dissection 2005., KargerAnimal models of cervical artery dissection / Okamoto, T., Miyachi, S., Yoshida, J. -- Epidemiology of cervical artery dissection / Schievink, W.I., Roiter, V. -- Association of cervical artery dissection with connective tissue abnormalities in skin and arteries / Brandt, T., Morcher, M., Hausser, I. -- Genetic approaches in the study of risk factors for cervical artery dissection / Grond-Ginsbach, C., Debette, S., Pezzini, A. -- Environmental factors and cervical artery dissection / Caso, V., Paciaroni, M., Bogousslavsky, J. -- Traumatic cervical artery dissection / Nedeltchev, K., Baumgartner, R.W. -- Vasodilation in spontaneous cervical artery dissection / Lucas, C., Leys, D. -- Clinical manifestations of carotid dissection / Baumgartner, R.W., Bogousslavsky, J. --Clinical manifestations of vertebral artery dissection / Arnold, M., Bousser, M.-G. -- Ultrasound assessment of cervical artery dissection / Benninger, D.H., Caso, V., Baumgartner, R.W. -- Magnetic resonance imaging, magnetic resonance and catheter angiography for diagnosis of cervical artery dissection / Paciaroni, M., Caso, V., Agnelli, G. -- Computed tomography angiography for the evaluation of carotid artery dissections / Taschner, C.A. ... [et al.] -- Prognosis of cervical artery dissection / Touz, E. ... [et al.] -- Thrombolysis in cervical artery dissection / Georgiadis, D., Baumgartner, R.W. -- Antithrombotic therapy for cervical artery dissection / Engelter, S., Lyrer, P. -- Intracranial dissections / Chen, M., Caplan, L.
- Handbook on cerebral venous thrombosis 2008, KargerAnatomy of cerebral veins and sinuses -- Epidemiology of cerebral vein and sinus thrombosis / Agnelli, G., Verso, M. -- Risk factors of cerebral vein and sinus thrombosis / de Freitas, G.R., Bogousslavsky, J. -- Thrombophilia and cerebral vein thrombosis / Iorio, A. ... [et al.] -- Clinical presentations of cerebral vein and sinus thrombosis / Paciaroni, M., Palmerini, F., Bogousslavsky, J. -- Headache and cerebral vein and sinus thrombosis / Alberti, A., Venti, M., Biagini, S. -- Radiological diagnosis of cerebral venous thrombosis / Selim, M., Caplan, L.R. -- Role of ultrasound in diagnosis and management of cerebral vein and sinus thrombosis / Stolz, E.P. -- Cerebral venous thrombosis in newborns, infants and children / Yager, J.Y. ... [et al.] -- Treatment of cerebral venous and sinus thrombosis / Masuhr, F. -- Interventional neuroradiology in the treatment of cerebral venous thrombosis / Caso, V., Billeci, A.M.R., Leys, D. -- Complications of cerebral vein and sinus thrombosis / Ferro, J.M., Canhao, P. -- Long-term prognosis of cerebral vein and sinus thrombosis / Lindgren, A.
- Handbook on neurovascular ultrasound 2006, KargerPhysical and technical principles / Evans, D.H. -- Arterial wall imaging / Devuyst, G., Piechowski-Jóźwiak, B., Bogousslavsky, J. -- Endothelial function testing / Csiba, L. -- Atherosclerotic carotid stenosis and occlusion / Sitzer, M. -- Ultrasound diagnostics of the vertebrobasilar system / von Büdingen, H.-C., Staudacher, T., von Büdingen, H.J. -- Ultrasound diagnosis of cervical artery dissection / Benninger, D.H., Baumgartner, R.W. -- Intracranial dural arteriovenous and carotid-cavernous fistulae and paragangliomas / Gandjour, J., Baumgartner, R.W. -- Takayasu and temporal arteritis / Schmidt, W.A. -- Transcranial insonation / Baumgartner, R.W. -- Intracranial stenoses and occlusions, and circle of Willis collaterals / Baumgartner, R.W. -- Acute stroke: perfusion imaging / Seidel, G., Meyer-Wiethe, K. -- Sonothrombolysis: experimental evidence / Daffertshofer, M., Hennerici, M. --Acute stroke: therapeutic transcranial Doppler sonography / Mikulik, R., Alexandrov, A.V. -- Acute stroke: therapeutic transcranial color duplex sonography / Eggers, J. -- Cerebral aneurysms and arteriovenous malformations / Klötzsch, C., Harrer, J.U. -- Cerebral veins and sinuses / Stolz, E. -- Detection of microembolic signals with transcranial Doppler ultrasound / Georgiadis, D., Siebler, M. -- Contrast-enhanced transcranial Doppler ultrasound for diagnosis of patent foramen ovale / Nedeltchev, K., Mattle, H.P. -- Cerebral autoregulation and vasomotor reactivity / Aaslid, R. -- Cerebral circulation monitoring in carotid endarterectomy and carotid artery stenting / Ackerstaff, R.G.A. -- Syncope / Nirkko, A.C., Baumgartner, R.W. -- Functional transcranial Doppler sonography / Lohmann, H., Ringelstein, E.B., Knecht, S. -- Future developments in neurovascular ultrasound / Meairs, S., Hennerici, M.
- Headache 2011, ScienceDirectChapter 1. Epidemiology of headache / Gian Camillo Manzoni, Lars Jacob Stovner -- Chapter 2. The social impact and burden of headache / Richard B. Lipton, Marcelo E. Bigal -- Chapter 3. Biological sciences related to headache / Toshihiko Shimizu, Norihiro Suzuki -- Chapter 4. Pharmacology / Hayrunnisa Bolay, Paul Durham -- Chapter 5. Biological science of headache channels / Daniela Pietrobon -- Chapter 6. Genetics of headaches / Arn M.J.M. Van Den Maagdenberg, Gisela M. Terwindt, Joost Haan, Rune R. Frants, Michel D. Ferrari -- Chapter 7. The neurobiology of migraine / Andrew Charles, K.C. Brennan -- Chapter 8. Experimental models of migraine / M.G. Buzzi, C. Tassorelli -- Chapter 9. Management of headache patients / Grazia Sances, Teresa Catarci -- Chapter 10. Headache diaries and calendars / Paola Torelli, Rigmor Jensen -- Chapter 11. Implementing the International Classification of Headache Disorders, 2nd edition (ICHD-II) / Timothy J. Steiner, Jes Olesen -- Chapter 12. Triggers of migraine and tension-type headache / Christian Wöber, Çiçek Wöber-Bingöl -- Chapter 13. Acute headache in the emergency department / Dominique Valade, Anne Ducros -- Chapter 14. Therapeutic guidelines for headache / Starr H. Pearlman, David W. Dodick -- Chapter 15. The role of prevention / Stewart J. Tepper -- Chapter 16. Managing migraine associated with sensitization / Rami Burstein, Moshe Jakubowski -- Chapter 17. Botulinum neurotoxin in the treatment of headache disorders / Alexander Mauskop -- Chapter 18. The approach to the difficult patient / Elizabeth Loder -- Chapter 19. Ethical issues in headache management / Timothy J. Steiner -- Chapter 20. The role of lay associations / Audrey Craven -- Chapter 21. Migraine: general aspects / Michael A. Moskowitz, M. Gabriella buzzi -- Chapter 22. Pathophysiology of migraine / Sheena K. Aurora, Vijaya Nagesh -- Chapter 23. Migraine - clinical neurophysiology / Anna Ambrosini, Delphine Magis, Jean Schoenen -- Chapter 24. Migraine: clinical diagnostic criteria / F. Michael Cutrer, Vincent T. Martin -- Chapter 25. Migraine and reproductive life / Rossella E. Nappi, Sarah L. Berga -- Chapter 26. Acute treatment of migraine / J.L. Brandes, T.M. Buchanan, K.M.A. Welch -- Chapter 27. Migraine: preventive treatment / Stephen D. Silberstein -- Chapter 28. Tension-type headache: introduction and diagnostic criteria / Peter Kropp, Georg Egli, Peter S. Sándor -- Chapter 29. Tension-type headache: mechanisms / L. Bendtsen, A. Fumal, J. Schoenen -- Chapter 30. The clinical neurophysiology of tension-type headache / Giorgio Sandrini, Paolo Rossi -- Chapter 31. Treatment of tension-type headache / Rigmor Jensen, Paola Torelli -- Chapter 32. Cluster headache and trigeminal autonomic cephalalgias: general aspects / Giuseppe Nappi, Michael A. Moskowitz --Chapter 33. Pathophysiology of cluster headache and other trigeminal autonomic cephalalgias / Elisabet Waldenlind, Christina Sjöstrand -- Chapter 34. Neuroimaging and clinical neurophysiology in cluster headache and trigeminal autonomic cephalalgias / Lars Friberg, Giorgio Sandrini, Armando Perrotta -- Chapter 35. Cluster headache and other trigeminal autonomic cephalalgias: diagnostic criteria / Ninan T. Mathew -- Chapter 36. Acute and preventive treatment of cluster headache and other trigeminal autonomic cephalgias / Gennaro Bussone, Alan Rapoport -- Chapter 37. Neurostimulation therapy in intractable headaches / Jean Schoenen, Marta Allena, Delphine Magis -- Chapter 38. Other primary headaches - general aspects / Giuseppe Nappi, Giorgio Sandrini -- Chapter 39. Primary stabbing headache / Juan A. Pareja, Ottar Sjaastad -- Chapter 40. Primary cough headache, primary exertional headache, and primary headache associated with sexual activity / Julio Pascual, Andrés González-Mandly, Agustín Oterino, Rubén Martín -- Chapter 41. Hypnic headache / Raffaele Manni, Natascia Ghiotto -- Chapter 42. Primary thunderclap headache / F.H.H. Linn -- Chapter 43. Hemicrania continua / Fabio Antonaci, Ottar Sjaastad -- Chapter 44. New daily persistent headache / Todd D. Rozen -- Chapter 45. Secondary headaches: introduction / Giuseppe Nappi, Michael A. Moskowitz -- Chapter 46. Headache attributed to head or neck trauma / Miguel J.A. Láinez, Anna Piera, Giorgio Bono -- Chapter 47. Headache attributed to stroke, TIA, intracerebral haemorrhage, or vascular malformation / Antonio Carolei, Simona Sacco -- Chapter 48. Headache attributed to arteritis, cerebral venous thrombosis, and other vascular intracranial disturbances / Antonio Carolei, Simona Sacco -- Chapter 49. Headache attributed to carotid or vertebral artery pain / Stefan Evers, Martin Marziniak -- Chapter 50. Headache attributed to non-vascular intracranial disorder / Hans-Christoph Diener, U. Johansson, David W. Dodick -- Chapter 51. Headache attributed to a substance or its withdrawal / Hans-Christoph Diener, Zaza Katsarava, Volker Limmroth -- Chapter 52. Headache attributed to infections: nosography and differential diagnosis / E. Marchioni, L. Minoli -- Chapter 53. Headache attributed to disorders of homeostasis / David W. Dodick, Carlos A. Bordini -- Chapter 54. Headache or facial pain attributed to disorders of cranium, neck, eyes, ears, nose, sinuses, teeth, mouth, or other facial or cranial structures / Steven B. Graff-Radford -- Chapter 55. Headache attributed to psychiatric disorders / Vincenzo Guidetti, Federica Galli, Fred Sheftell -- Chapter 56. Cranial neuralgias / G. Cruccu, L.H. Bonamico, J.M. Zakrzewska -- Chapter 57. Surgical treatment of cranial neuralgias / Angelo Franzini, Paolo Ferroli, Giuseppe Messina, Giovanni Broggi -- Chapter 58. Central pain in the face and head / Jörgen Boivie -- Chapter 59. Chronobiological correlates of primary headaches / Sara Gori, Luigi Murri -- Chapter 60. Headache: endocrinological aspects / Mario Fernando Prieto Peres, Marcelo Moraes ValenÇa -- Chapter 61. Headache in children / Vincenzo Guidetti, Federica Galli, Cristiano Termine -- Chapter 62. Vestibular migraine / Michael Strupp, Maurizio Versino, Thomas Brandt -- Chapter 63. Pharmacological migraine provocation: a human model of migraine / Messoud Ashina, Jakob MØller Hansen -- Chapter 64. Neuroimaging in headache / Margarita Sánchez del Rio, Juan Alvarez-Linera -- Chapter 65. Current and emerging therapies for migraine prevention and treatment / Christian Waeber, Richard Hargreaves.
- Heat shock proteins and the brain 2008, Springer
- Heat shock proteins in neural cells 2007, SpringerHeat shock proteins: expression and functional roles in nerve cells and glia -- Small heat shock proteins and the cytoskeleton: their role in inclusion body formation in glial cells / Christiane Richter-Landsberg and Olaf Goldbaum -- The role of HSPs in neuronal differentiation and development / Kate Reed Herbert, Afshin Samali and Adrienne Gorman -- Possible roles of HSPs in neuronal differentiation and development of the nervous system -- Heme oxygenase as a therapeutic funnel in nutritional redox homeostasis and cellular stress response: role of acetylcarnitine / Vittorio Calabrese ... [et al.] -- Heat shock proteins and the regulation of apoptosis / Una FitzGerald, Adrienne M. Gorman and Afshin Samali -- Assembly of protein aggregates in neurodegeneration: mechanisms linking the ubiquitin/proteasome pathway and chaperones / Sha-Ron Pierre ... [et al.] -- The role of heat shock proteins during neurodegeneration in Alzheimer's, Parkinson's and Huntington's disease / Andreas Wyttenbach and Andre Patrick Arrigo -- Heat shock proteins in multiple sclerosis / Celia F. Brosnan, Luca Battistini and Krzysztof Selmaj.
- Hereditary peripheral neuropathies 2005, Springer
- High field brain MRI 2006, Springer
- Hippocampal microcircuits 2010, Springer
- History of neurology 2010, ScienceDirect
- HIV and the brain 2009, SpringerNeurocognitive changes in AIDS: evolution of treatment of HIV infection / Erna Milunka Kojic and Charles C.J. Carpenter -- Global incidence and epidemiology of the AIDS pandemic, distribution of HIV subtypes, and epidemiology of hepatitis C infection among HIV-positive individuals / Karen T. Tashima and Aadia I. Rana -- New insights into HIV neuropathogenesis / Tory P. Johnson and Avindra Nath -- Neuropathological findings associated with long-term HAART / Iain C. Anthony and Jeanne E. Bell -- Biomarkers of HIV-related central nervous system disease / Bruce James Brew and Scott Letendre -- Neuroimaging among HIV-infected patients: current knowledge and future directions / David F. Tate ... [et al.] -- The assessment of HIV-associated neurocognitive disorders: new challenges in the HAART era / Lucette A. Cysique and Bruce J. Brew -- The changing face of HIV-associated cognitive and neuropsychiatric disturbance / Ron Cohen -- Youth with HIV/AIDS: neurobehavioral consequences / Susannah Allison, Pamela L. Wolters, and Pim Brouwers -- Co-occurrence of HIV, hepatitis C, and substance use disorders: effects on brain functioning / Raul Gonzalez, Phillip J. Quartana, and Eileen M. Martin -- The functional impact of HIV-associated neuropsychological decline / Matthew J. Wright ... [et al.] -- Adjunctive therapy for long-term support of cognitive impairment / Joshua T. Dearborn ... [et al.] -- HIV-1 genetic diversity and its biological significance / Michael M. Thomson -- Opportunistic infections in the brain in developing countries / Marcus Tulius T. Silva and Beatriz Grinsztejn -- Impact of Clade diversity on neuropsychological outcomes / Robert Paul ... [et al.] -- The effects of aging on HIV disease / Robert C. Kalayjian and Lena Al-Harthi -- Neuropsychology of healthy aging / Molly E. Zimmerman and Adam M. Brickman -- Interactions between advanced age and HIV cognitive impairment / Victor Valcour and Aaron M. McMurtray.
- Hormones and the brain 2005, Springer
- Hot topics in neural membrane lipidology 2009, SpringerNeural membranes: a Pandora's box of lipid mediators -- Interplay among glycerophospholipid, sphingolipid, and cholesterol-derived lipid mediators in brain: a matter of life and death -- Janus face of phospholipase A₂: role of phospholipase A₂ in neural cell survival and death -- Glycerophospholipid metabolism in the nucleus: cross talk among phospholipase A₂, phospholipase C and phospholipase D -- Ether glycerophospholipids: the workhorse lipids of neural membranes -- Excitotoxicity-mediated neurochemical changes in neurological disorders -- Recent developments on kainate-mediated neurotoxicity and their association with generation of lipid mediators -- Beneficial effects of docosahexaenoic acid on health of the human brain -- Effects of statins and n-3 fatty acids on heart and brain tissues: the clash of the titans -- Apoptosis and necrosis in brain: contribution of glycerophospholipid, sphingolipid, and cholesterol-derived lipid mediators -- Perspective and directions for future developments on glycerophospholipid-, sphingolipid-, and cholesterol-derived lipid mediators.
- How to examine the nervous system. 4th ed. 2006, SpringerOphthalmoscope, the fundus oculi, and central and peripheral vision -- Loss of vision -- The abnormal retina -- Eye movements, diplopia, and cranial nerves 3, 4, and 6 -- Ptosis and the pupils: myasthenia gravis and other diseases of the eye and eyelid muscles -- Nystagmus -- Conjugate gaze palsies and forced conjugate deviation -- Cranial nerves 1, 5, and 7 -- Cranial nerves 8-12 -- The upper limb -- The lower limb -- Stance, gait, and balance -- Reflexes -- Sensation -- The cerebellum -- The corticospinal system -- Higher cortical functions: intelligence and memory -- Disorders of speech -- Neurological examination instruments.
- How to improve the results of peripheral nerve surgery 2007, Springer
- How to set up an acute stroke service 2012, Springer
- Human brain 2011, SpringerMammalian cerebral cortex: embryonic development and cytoarchitecture -- Human motor cortex: development and cytoarchitecture -- The mammalian pyramidal neuron: development, structure, and function -- Human motor cortex first lamina: development and cytoarchitecture -- Human motor cortex excitatory-inhibitory neuronal systems: development and cytoarchitecture -- Human cerebral cortex intrinsic microvascular system: development and cytoarchitecture -- Human motor cortex first lamina and gray matter special astrocytes: development and cytoarchitecture -- New developmental cytoarchitectonic theory and nomenclature -- Cat motor cortex: development and cytoarchitecture -- The rapid Golgi reaction: a personal quest.
- Human brain function. 2nd ed. 2004, ScienceDirectSensory, Motor and Plasticity -- Vision and Visual Perception -- Higher Cognitive Functions -- Emotion and Memory -- Language and Semantics -- Computational Neuroanatomy -- Modeling -- Inference -- Functional Integration.
- Human central nervous system. 4th ed. 2008, SpringerOrientation -- Development -- Gross anatomy -- Blood supply, meninges and cerebrospinal fluid circulation -- Brain slices -- Topography of spinal cord, brain stem and cerebellum -- Diencephalon: introduction and epithalamus -- Diencephalon: dorsal thalamus -- Diencephalon: ventral thalamus or subthalamus -- Diencephalon: hypothalamus -- Telencephalon: introduction and olfactory system -- Telencephalon: hippocampus and related structures -- Telencephalon: amygdala and claustrum -- Telencephalon: basal ganglia -- Telencephalon: neocortex -- General sensory systems and taste -- Vestibular system -- Auditory system -- Visual system -- Cerebellum -- Motor systems -- Reticular formation and the monoaminergic and cholinergic cell groups -- Greater limbic system.
- Human haptic perception 2008, Springer
- Human hippocampus. 3rd ed. 2005, Springer
- Human hypothalamus-- basic and clinical aspects. Part I, Nuclei of the human hypothalamus. First ed. 2003, ScienceDirect
- Human hypothalamus--basic and clinical aspects. Part II, Neuropathology of the human hypothalamus and adjacent brain structures. First ed. 2004, ScienceDirect
- Human nervous system. 2nd ed. 2004, ScienceDirect
- Human nervous system. 6th ed. 2005, SpringerGross anatomy of the brain -- Neurons and association cells -- Basic neurophysiology -- Blood circulation -- Meninges, ventricles, and cerebrospinal fluid -- Development and growth of the nervous system -- The spinal cord -- Reflexes and muscle tone -- Pain and temperature -- Discriminative general senses, crude touch, and proprioception -- Motorneurons and motor pathways -- Lesions of the spinal nerves and spinal cord -- Brainstem: medulla, pons, and midbrain -- Cranial nerves and chemical senses -- Neurotransmitters as the chemical messengers of certain circuits and pathways -- Auditory and vestibular systems -- Lesions of the brainstem -- Cerebellum -- The visual system -- Autonomic nervous system -- Hypothalamus -- The reticular formation and the limbic system -- Thalamus -- Basal ganglia and extrapyramidal system -- Cerebral cortex.
- Human nucleotide expansion disorders 2006, Springer
- Human sleep and cognition. Part I. Basic research. 1st ed. 2010, ScienceDirectCognitive neuroscience of sleep / Gina R. Poe, Christine M. Walsh, Theresa E. Bjorness -- Measurement of sleep / Bob Kemp -- Measurement of cognition in studies of sleep deprivation / Paul Whitney, John M. Hinson -- Sleep, memory and emotion / Matthew P. Walker -- How treatment affects cognitive deficits in patients with sleep disorders: methodological issues and results / Stephany Fulda, Hartmut Schulz -- Total sleep deprivation, chronic sleep restriction and sleep disruption / Amy C. Reynolds, Siobhan Banks -- Effects of sleep deprivation on cognition / William D.S. Killgore -- Circadian rhythms and cognition / Jim Waterhouse -- The effects of napping on cognitive functioning / Nicole Lovato, Leon Lack -- Sleep, intelligence and cognition in a developmental context: differentiation between traits and state-dependent aspects / Anja Geiger, Peter Achermann, Oskar G. Jenni -- Do sleep complaints contribute to age-related cognitive decline? / Ellemarije Altena, Jennifer R. Ramautar, Ysbrand D. Van Der Werf, Eus J.W. Van Someren.
- Human sleep and cognition. Part II, Clinical and applied research. 1st ed. 2011., ScienceDirectThere is a critical, bidirectional relationship between sleep and cognition, yet the literature in this area is scattered and it is surprisingly difficult to find a comprehensive overview of the basic principles, latest discoveries, and outstanding challenges. This issue of Progress in Brain Research is spilt over 2 volumes bringing together cutting-edge research on the topic in the basic, clinical and applied sciences. The 2 volumes review current knowledge and understanding, provide a starting point for researchers and practitioners entering the field, and build a platform for further research.
- Hydrocephalus 2012, Springer
- Hyperkinetic movement disorders 2011, ScienceDirect
- Hypocretins 2005, Springer
- Hypothalamic integration of energy metabolism. 1st ed. 2006, ScienceDirect
- Hypothalamus-pituitary-adrenal axis 2008, ScienceDirect
- Imaging gliomas after treatment 2012, Springer
- Imaging the brain with optical methods 2010, Springer
- Imitators of epilepsy. 2nd ed. 2005, NCBI BookshelfApproach to the patient with seizures / Robert T. Wechsler and Robert S. Fisher -- Electroencephalography in the diagnosis of nonepileptic and epileptic conditions / Warren T. Blume -- Anatomical-clinical localization of ictal behavior / Barbara C. Jobst and Peter D. Williamson -- Curious epileptic seizures that don't resemble seizures / Monisha Goyal, Paul Zarkowski, and Barbara E. Swartz -- Convulsive nonepileptic seizures / Don W. King -- The role of serum prolactin in epileptic seizure diagnosis / Paul B. Pritchard III --Hyperventilation syndrome / Randolph W. Evans -- Psychiatric aspects of nonepileptic seizures: psychogenic NES / John R. Gates -- Coexisting epilepsy and nonepileptic seizures / Allan Krumholz and Tricia Ting -- Panic attacks and panic disorders: the great imitators / Meghan M. Grady and Stephen Stahl.Nonepileptic spells in neonates and infants / Linda Laux and Douglas R. Nordli -- Nonepileptic seizures and similar phenomena in children and adolescents / J.B.P. Stephenson and Sameer Zuberi --Paroxysmal disturbances resembling epileptic seizures in the elderly / A. James Rowan -- -- Migraine and epilepsy / Audrey Halpern and Stephen D. Silberstein -- Strange tastes, smells, sounds, visions and feelings: nonepileptic events that mimic simple partial seizures / Ross Finesmith, Eric B. Geller, and Orrin Devinsky -- Dizziness or vestibular problems resembling seizures / Martin Gizzi and Sidney P. Diamond -- Movement disorders that imitate epilepsy / Ann Helms and Lisa Shulman -- Hyperekplexia and other disorders of startle: differential diagnosis with epilepsy / Frederick Andermann and Eva Andermann -- Encephalopathy as a mimic of seizures / Michael Benatar and Frank Drislane -- Neuroendocrine, metabolic, and toxic imitators of epilepsy / Robin Gilmore -- Parasomnias, sleep disorders, and narcolepsy--sleep-time imitators of epilepsy / Carl W. Bazil -- Cerebrovascular imitators of epilepsy / Louis R. Caplan --
- Immediate early genes and inducible transcription factors in mapping of the central nervous system function and dysfunction 2002, ScienceDirect
- Immediate early genes in sensory processing, cognitive performance, and neurological disorders 2006, Springer
- Immune-mediated neuromuscular diseases 2009., KargerAcute neuropathies / Bromberg, M.B. -- Chronic neuropathies : chronic inflammatory demyelinating neuropathy and its variants / Ramchandren, S., Lewis, R.A. -- Nonsystemic vasculitic neuropathy : update on diagnosis, classification, pathogenesis, and treatment / Collins, M.P., Periquet-Collins, I. -- Dysimmune neuropathy / Kwan, J.Y. -- Autoimmune autonomic ganglionopathy / Winston, N., Vernino, S. -- Myasthenia gravis with anti-acetylcholine receptor antibodies / Meriggioli, M.N. -- Muscle-specific receptor tyrosine kinase antibody-positive and seronegative myasthenia gravis / Muppidi, S., Wolfe, G.I. -- Lambert-Eaton myasthenic syndrome / Pourmand, R. -- Idiopathic inflammatory myopathies / Dimachkie, M.M., Barohn, R.J. -- Stiff person syndrome / Duddy, M.E., Baker, M.R.
- Immune-neuroendocrine circuitry 2003, ScienceDirect
- Immunization safety review 2003, NAP
- In vitro neurotoxicology 2004, Springer Protocols
- In vivo optical imaging of brain function 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Induced pluripotent stem cells in brain diseases 2012, Springer
- Indwelling neural implants 2008, CRCnetBASEOverview of wound healing in different tissue types / John D. Stroncek and William M. Reichert -- Considerations for chronically implanted electrodes for brain interfacing / Warren M. Grill -- Thermal considerations for the design of an implanted cortical brain-machine-interface / Patrick D. Wolf -- In vitro models for neuroelectrodes: a paradigm for studying tissue-materials interactions in the brain / Vadim Polikov ... [et al.] -- In vivo solute diffusivity in brain tissue surrounding indwelling neural implants -- Michael J. Bridge and Patrick A. Tresco -- A molecular perspective on understanding and modulating the performance of chronic CNS recording electrodes / Wei He and Ravi V. Bellamkonda -- Soft, fuzzy, and bioactive conducting polymers for improving the chronic performance of neural prosthetic devices / Dong-Hwan Kim ... [et al.] -- Strategies for regeneration and repair in the injured CNS / Molly S. Shoichet ... [et al.].
- Inferior colliculus 2005, Springer
- Inflammatory disorders of the nervous system 2005, SpringerEndothelial cell-leukocyte interactions during CNS inflammation / J. Steven Alexander and Alireza Minagar -- Interactions of the CNS and immune system / Monica J. Carson, Crystal S. Anglen, and Corinne Ploix -- Cytokines and brain : health and disease / Tammy Kielian and Paul D. Drew -- Chemokines and central nervous system disorders / William J. Karpus -- Circulating cell-derived microparticles in thrombotic and inflammatory disorders / Wenche Jy ... [et al.] -- Multiple sclerosis : clinical features, immunopathogenesis, and clinical management / William A. Sheremata -- Neuroprotective effects of interferon-b in multiple sclerosis / Fabrizio Giuliani, Rana Zabad, and V. Wee Yong -- Acute disseminated encephalomyelitis / Sean J. Pittock and Dean M. Wingerchuk -- Ingested type interferon in experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis / Staley A. Brod --Neuromyelitis optica / Dean M. Wingerchuk -- Transverse myelitis : clinical manifestations, pathogenesis, and management / Douglas A. Kerr ... [et al.] -- Optic neuritis : pathogenesis, immunology, and clinical management / Rohit Bakshi and Robert Zivadinov -- Central nervous system vasculitis : pathogenesis, immunology, and clinical management / Shariq Mumtaz ... [et al.] -- Neurosarcoidosis : pathogenesis, immunology, and clinical management / Dakshinamurty Gullapalli and Lawrence H. Phillips II -- Neuropsychiatric SLE : pathogenesis, immunology, and clinical management / Deborah Aleman-Hoey and Robin Brey -- Gene expression in HIV-associated dementia / Paul Shapshak ... [et al.] -- Human T-lymphotropic virus-associated neurological disorders : pathogenesis, immunology, and clinical treatment / Michael Lairmore ... [et al.] -- West Nile virus infection of the nervous system : pathogenesis, immunology, and clinical management / Douglas J. Lanska.
- Inflammatory myopathies 2009, SpringerEvaluation of the patient -- Classification of idiopathic inflammatory myopathies -- Inflammatory milieu: cells and cytokines -- Juvenile dermatomyositis: an update on clinical and laboratory findings -- Inclusion body myositis -- Role of muscle biopsy in the diagnosis of inflammatory myopathy -- Electromyography -- Magnetic resonance imaging of myopathies and myositis -- Ultrasound in the evaluation of the inflammatory myopathies -- Serological findings -- Antisynthetase syndrome -- Pulmonary manifestations of inflammatory myopathy -- Dermatological manifestations of dermatomyositis -- Differential diagnosis of inflammatory myopathy -- Outcomes and assessment for inflammatory muscle disease -- Muscle strength and exercise in patients with inflammatory myopathies -- Risk of malignancy in patients with dermatomyositis and polymyositis -- Treatment.
- Inherited neuromuscular diseases 2009, SpringerPathology and diagnosis of muscular dystrophies / Carmen Navarro, Susana Teijeira, Beatriz San Millan.-- Standards of care for Duehenne muscular dystrophy: brief treat-NMD recommendations / Thomas Sejerson, Kate Bushby on behalf of the TREAT-EU Network of Excellence.-- Genetics and pahtogenesis of distal muscular dystrophies / Bjarne Udd.-- Phenotype variations in early onset Pompe disease: Diagnosis and treatment results with Myozyme [RTM] / Samuel Ignacio Pascual Pascual.-- Diseases of the human mitochondrial oxidative phosphorylation system / Julio Montoya, Ester Lopez-Gallardo, Maria Dolores Herrero-Martin, Inigo Martinze-Romero, Aurora Gomez-Duran, Daivd Pacheu, Magdalena Garreras, Carme Diez-Sanchez, Manuel J. Lopez-Perez, Eduardo Ruiz-Pesini.-- Mitochondrial diseases: a cross-talk between mitrochondrial and nuclear genomes / Antonella Spinazzola, Massimo Zeviani.-- Mitochondrial disorders due to nuclear OXPHOS gene defects / Cristina Ugalde, Maria Moran, Alberto Blazquez, Joaquin Arenas, Miguel A. Martin.-- Coenzyme Q10 deficiencies in neuromuscular diseases / Rafael Artuch, Leonardo Salviati, Sandra Jackson, Michio Hirano, Placido Navas.-- The role of mitochondrial network dynamics in the pathogenesis of Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease / Francese Palau, Anna Estela, David Pla-Martin, Maribel Sanchez-Piris.-- Pathogenesis and treatment of mitochondrial disorders / Salvatore DiMauro, Michio Hirano.-- Biology of peripheral inherited neuropathies: Schwann cell axonal interactions / Michael E. Shy.-- Phenotype and clinical evolution of Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease type 1A duplication / Jose Berciano, Antonio Garcia, Elena Gallardo, Cesar Ramon, Onofre Combarros.-- Genotypes & sensory pheotypes in 2 new X-linked neuropathies (CMTX3 and dSMAX) and dominant CMT/HMN overlap syndromes.-- Natural history and treatment of peripheral inherited neuropathies / Davide Pareyson, Chiara Marchesi.-- Spinal muscular atrophy during human development: where are the early pathogenic findings / Eduardo Tizzano.-- Spinal muscular atrophy / Jeremie Vitte, Ruben Attali, Nasim Warwar, Irena Gurt, Judith Melki.-- Friedreich ataxia: an update on animal models, frataxin function and therapies / Pilar Gonzalez-Cabo, Jose Vicente Llorens, Francesc Palau, Maria Dolores Molto.-- Genetics and pathogenesis of inherited ataxias and spastic paraplegias / Carmen Espinos, Francesc Palau.
- Inhibitory regulation of excitatory neurotransmission 2008, Springer
- Inhibitory synaptic plasticity 2011, Springerpt. 1. Refinement -- pt. 2. Addiction -- pt. 3. Pain and injury -- pt. 4. Learning and memory.
- Integrated cytology of cerebrospinal fluid 2008, Springer
- Integrative pain medicine 2008, Springer
- Interaction between neurons and glia in aging and disease 2007, Springer
- Intervening in the brain 2007, Springer
- Intra-operative neuropathology for the non-neuropathologist 2012, Springer
- Intracellular mechanisms for neuritogenesis 2007, Springer
- Intracerebral hemorrhage research 2011, Springer
- 20 years of computational neuroscienc...
- — Dementia in clinical practice ..........
- Dementias ..............................
- — Intracerebral hemorrhage research ......
- Intracranial pressure and brain monit...
- — New frontiers in respiratory control ...
- New methods for culturing cells from ...
- — Zebrafish neurobehavioral protocols ....
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases