Books by Subject
- Abdominal solid organ transplantation : immunology, indications, techniques, and early complications2015 SpringerErcolani, Giorgio; Pinna, Antonio Daniele.1. Immunosuppression in solid organ transplantation -- 2. Infection Complications after Abdominal Organ Transplantation -- 3. National Transplant Network. Donor selection and evaluation criteria -- 4. The safety of donor -- 5. Medical disease after abdominal solid organ transplantation and the risk of solid and hematologic malignant tumor after transplantation) -- 6 Indication and timing -- 7. The donor procurement -- 8. Orthotopic liver transplantation -- 9. Anesthetic and perioperative management for liver transplantation -- 10 Living donor liver transplantation -- 11. Hepatic Acute and chronic rejection -- 12. Postoperative technical complications -- 13. Percutaneous management of biliary and vascular complications -- 14. Re-transplantation (Causes, Outcome) -- 15. Indication and timing -- 16. The donor procurement: Standard technique for procurement in cadaveric donors -- 17. Live donor evaluation -- 18. Living donor nephrectomy -- 19. Renal Transplantation: Surgical technique -- 20. The intraoperative and perioperative management of Kidney transplantation -- 21. Kidney acute and chronic rejection -- 22. Kidney Transplantation: Post-Operative Technical Complications -- 23. Indications and timing -- 24. The donor procurement -- 25 Transplantation -- 26 Abdominal wall transplantation and technique -- 27. Anesthetic and perioperative management for Intestinal transplantation -- 28. Segmental Living-related Small Bowel Transplantation -- 29. Intestinal Acute and Chronic rejection -- 30. Combined Kidney-Liver Transplantation -- 31. Kidney-pancreas Transplantation.
- Acquired cystic disease of the kidney and renal cell carcinoma : complications of long-term dialysis2007 SpringerIshikawa, Isao.
- 2010 KargerHirasawa, Hiroyuki; Suzuki, Hiromichi."Describes the use of hemodiafiltration to inhibit the cytokine storms which cause serious organ damage in patients with septic shock. Moreover, the technical construction of the blood purification system, which includes various machines, devices, membranes, fluids, etc., is explained in detail. Finally, leading experts discuss the concept of continuous renal replacement therapy as the standard care in critically ill patients with severe acute kidney injury."--Website.
- 2007. KargerBellomo, R.; Kellum, John A.; Ronco, C.
- 2015 SpringerStraaten, Heleen M. Oudemans-van.This practical guide provides the reader with answers to important clinically relevant questions regarding the evaluation and management of acute kidney injury (AKI). All aspects of critical care nephrology are covered, from pathophysiology and diagnosis to prevention and treatment. The questions considered relate to a wide range of issues, such as: How do I diagnose AKI? How can I protect the kidney in clinical practice? How do I manage patients with AKI? When should I initiate and how do I perform renal replacement therapy (RTT)? Which type of RTT is most appropriate for my patient? Should I give specific nutrients? In addition to providing practical guidelines and treatment algorithms, the book includes calculators for continuous RRT and anticoagulant dosing. The authors are internationally renowned experts in the fields of Intensive Care Medicine and Nephrology, and all contributions are written in a clear and concise style and have been peer reviewed. Acute Nephrology for the Critical Care Physician will serve as a very useful source for intensivists, internists, anesthesiologists, and nephrologists involved in the management and treatment of critically ill patients at risk of or affected by AKI.
- 2013 KargerKellum, John A.; McCullough, Peter A.; Mehta, Ravindra L.; Murray, Patrick T.; Ronco, C.Acute Dialysis Quality Initiative (ADQI) / Ronco, C., Kellum, J., Bellomo, R., Mehta, R. -- Implementation of novel biomarkers in the diagnosis, prognosis, and management of acute kidney injury : executive summary from the tenth consensus conference of the Acute Dialysis Quality Initiative (ADQI) / McCullough, P.A., for the Acute Dialysis Quality Initiative (ADQI) Consensus Group -- Diagnosis of acute kidney injury using functional and injury biomarkers : workgroup statements from the tenth Acute Dialysis Quality Initiative Consensus Conference / McCullough, P.A., for the ADQI 10 Workgroup -- Differential diagnosis of AKI in clinical practice by functional and damage biomarkers : workgroup statements from the tenth Acute Dialysis Quality Initiative Consensus Conference / Endre, Z.H., for the ADQI 10 Workgroup -- Use of biomarkers to assess prognosis and guide management of patients with acute kidney injury / Cruz, D.N., for the ADQI 10 Workgroup -- Physiological biomarkers of acute kidney injury : a conceptual approach to improving outcomes / Okusa, M.D., for the ADQI 10 Workgroup -- Pathophysiology of the cardiorenal syndromes : executive summary from the eleventh onsensus conference of the Acute Dialysis Quality Initiative (ADQI) / McCullough, P.A., for the Acute Dialysis Quality Initiative (ADQI) Consensus Group. Pathogenesis of cardiorenal syndrome type 1 in acute decompensated heart failure : workgroup statements from the eleventh consensus conference of the Acute Dialysis Quality Initiative (ADQI) / Haase, M., for the Acute Dialysis Quality Initiative (ADQI) Consensus Group -- Pathophysiology of cardiorenal syndrome type 2 in stable chronic heart failure : workgroup statements from the eleventh consensus conference of the Acute Dialysis Quality Initiative (ADQI) / Cruz, D.N., ; for the Acute Dialysis Quality Initiative (ADQI) Consensus Group -- Cardiorenal syndrome type 3 : pathophysiologic and epidemiologic considerations / Bagshaw, S.M., for the Acute Dialysis Quality Initiative 11 Working Group -- Cardiorenal syndrome type 4 : insights on clinical presentation and pathophysiology from the eleventh consensus conference of the Acute Dialysis Quality Initiative (ADQI) / Tumlin, J.A., for the Acute Dialysis Quality Initiative (ADQI) 11 Consensus Group -- Cardiorenal syndrome type 5 : clinical presentation, pathophysiology, and management strategies from the eleventh consensus conference of the Acute Dialysis Quality Initiative (ADQI) / Mehta, R.L., for the Acute Dialysis Quality Initiative (ADQI) 11 Working Group.
- 2008 SpringerCameron, J. Stewart; Macias Nuñez, Juan F.; Oreopoulos, D. G.
- 2015 SpringerScholz, Hans.
- 2015 SpringerAgabiti Rosei, Enrico; Mancia, Giuseppe.This book presents up-to-date information on how to assess early preclinical alterations in the heart, the small and large arteries and the kidney in the general and the hypertensive population, using the most sensitive, specific and cost-effective techniques. A wide variety of techniques are discussed, with careful attention to the latest developments. For each organ, evidence is documented regarding the prevalence of organ damage. Information is provided on the potential induction of regression of organ damage by treatment, the criteria for establishing significant changes and the clinical prognostic significance of regression. The manual will be invaluable for all practitioners responsible for the clinical management of hypertensive patients, given that the assessment of early preclinical cardiovascular and renal damage permits more accurate risk stratification at baseline and facilitates evaluation of cardiovascular protection when regression of structural changes is achieved during treatment.
- 2013 SpringerBonsib, Stephen M.The kidney is an organ with complex organogenesis susceptible to numerous misadventures in development and is exposed to a diverse array of insults of hematogenous and lower urinary tract origin. This Atlas of Medical Renal Pathology provides an overview of the development, macroscopic and microscopic features of the normal kidney. This is followed by a comprehensive survey of developmental and cystic kidney diseases, vascular diseases and tubulointerstitial diseases. An emphasis is placed on gross diagnostic findings with detailed histological correlates. In addition, the histological, immunofluorescent, immunohistochemical and ultrastructural features of the major glomerular diseases and renal transplantation pathology are presented. This compendium of non-neoplastic kidney diseases illustrates the vast majority diseases you are likely to encounter in surgical and autopsy pathology.
- 2011 ScienceDirect2011 ClinicalKeyEdelstein, Charles L.Chapter 1. Characteristics of an Ideal Biomarker of Kidney Diseases / Michael R. Bennett, Prasad Devarajan -- Chapter 2. Statistical Considerations in Analysis and Interpretation of Biomarker Studies / Chirag R. Parikh, Heather Thiessen Philbrook -- Chapter 3. The Role of Metabolomics in the Study of Kidney Diseases and in the Development of Diagnostic Tools / Uwe Christians, Jeska Albuisson, Jost Klawitter, Jelena Klawitter -- Chapter 4. The Role of Proteomics in the Study of Kidney Diseases and in the Development of Diagnostic Tools / Uwe Christians, Stephanie McCrery, Jost Klawitter, Jelena Klawitter -- Chapter 5. Biomarkers in Acute Kidney Injury / Charles L. Edelstein, Sarah Faubel -- Chapter 6. Biomarkers in Kidney Transplantation / Alkesh Jani -- Chapter 7. Cystatin C as a Biomarker in Kidney Disease / Anders Grubb -- Chapter 8. Biomarkers of Renal Cancer / Naveen S. Vasudev, Rosamonde E. Banks -- Chapter 9. Urinary Proteomics and Candidate Biomarker Discovery for Diabetic Nephropathy / Michael L. Merchant, Jon B. Klein -- Chapter 10. Biomarkers in Glomerular Disease / John M. Arthur, Milos N. Budisavljevic, Michael G. Janech -- Chapter 11. Biomarkers in Preeclampsia / Ana Sofia Cerdeira, S. Ananth Karumanchi.
- 2013 KargerToyoda, Kazunori.Cerebral interaction and stroke / Toyoda, K. -- Inhibition of the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system for cerebrorenal protection / Lambers Heerspink, H.J. -- Obesity and heart failure as a mediator of the cerebrorenal interaction / Jindal, A., Whaley-Connell, A., Sowers, J.R. -- Subclinical cerebral abnormalities in chronic kidney disease / Yao, H. ... [et al.] -- Carotid atherosclerosis in kidney disease / Kokubo, Y. -- Kidney disease and cognitive function / Elias, M.F., Dore, G.A., Davey, A. -- Risk of stroke in kidney disease / Ninomiya, T. -- Role of 24-hour blood pressure management in preventing kidney disease and stroke / Nagai, M., Hoshide, S., Kario, K. -- Preventing stroke and systemic embolism in renal patients with atrial fibrillation : focus on anticoagulation / Ahmad, Y., Lip, G.Y.H. -- Stroke features and management in patients with chronic kidney disease / Kamouchi, M. -- Stroke feature and management in dialysis patients / Iseki, K. -- Thrombolysis and hyperacute reperfusion therapy for stroke in renal patients / Hirano, T. -- Antiplatelet therapy for preventing stroke in patients with chronic kidney disease / Kim, S.J., Bang, O.Y.
- v. 1-2, 2008.Brenner, Barry M.; Levine, Samuel A.; Rector, Floyd C.PrintStatus: Not Checked OutLane Catalog Record
- v.1-2=, 2016 ClinicalKeyBrenner, Barry M.; Chertow, Glenn M.; Marsden, Philip A.; Rector, Floyd C.; Skorecki, Karl; Taal, Maarten W.; Yu, Alan S. L.Embryology of the kidney -- Anatomy of the kidney -- The renal circulations and glomerular ultrafiltration -- The podocyte -- Metabolic basis of solute transport -- Transport of sodium, chloride, and potassium -- The regulation of calcium, magnesium, and phosphate excretion by the kidney -- Renal handling of organic solutes -- Renal acidification mechanisms -- Urine concentration and dilution -- The cell biology of vasopressin action -- Aldosterone and mineralocorticoid receptors : renal and extrarenal roles -- Vasoactive molecules and the kidney -- Arachidonic acid metabolites and the kidney -- Disorders of sodium balance -- Disorders of water balance -- Disorders of acid-base balance -- Disorders of potassium balance -- Disorders of calcium, magnesium, and phosphate balance -- Epidemiology of kidney disease -- Demographics of kidney disease -- Risk factors and chronic kidney disease -- Nephron endowment and developmental programming of blood pressure and renal function -- Aging and kidney disease -- Approach to the patient with kidney disease -- Laboratory assessment of kidney disease : glomerular filtration rate, urinalysis, and proteinuria -- Interpretation of electrolyte and acid-base parameters in blood and urine -- Diagnostic kidney imaging -- The kidney biopsy -- Biomarkers in acute and chronic kidney diseases -- Acute kidney injury -- Primary glomerular disease -- Secondary glomerular disease -- Overview of therapy for glomerular disease -- Microvascular and macrovascular diseases of the kidney -- Tubulointerstitial diseases -- Urinary tract infection in adults -- Urinary tract obstruction -- Diabetic nephropathy -- Urolithiasis -- Kidney cancer -- Onco-nephrology : kidney disease in patients with cancer -- Genetic basis of kidney disease -- Inherited disorders of the glomerulus -- Inherited disorders of the renal tubule -- Cystic diseases of the kidney -- Primary and secondary hypertension -- Renovascular hypertension and ischemic nephropathy -- Hypertension and kidney disease in pregnancy -- Antihypertensive therapy -- Diuretics -- Adaptation to nephron loss and mechanisms of progression in chronic kidney disease -- Mechanisms and consequences of proteinuria -- The pathophysiology of uremia -- Chronic kidney disease-mineral bone disorder -- Cardiovascular aspects of kidney disease -- Hematologic aspects of kidney disease -- Endocrine aspects of chronic kidney disease -- Neurologic aspects of kidney disease -- Dermatologic conditions in kidney disease -- Dietary approaches to kidney diseases -- A stepped care approach to the management of chronic kidney disease -- Therapeutic approach to chronic kidney disease-mineral bone disorder -- Drug dosing considerations in patients with acute kidney injury and chronic kidney disease -- Hemodialysis -- Peritoneal dialysis -- Critical care nephrology -- Plasmapheresis -- Elimination enhancement of poisons -- Interventional nephrology -- Transplantation immunobiology -- Clinical management of the adult kidney transplant recipient -- Malformation of the kidney : structural and functional consequences -- Diseases of the kidney and urinary tract in children -- Fluid, electrolyte, and acid-base disorders in children -- Renal replacement therapy (dialysis and transplantation) in pediatric end-stage kidney disease -- Latin America -- Africa -- Near and Middle East -- Indian subcontinent -- The Far East -- Oceania region -- Ethical dilemmas facing nephrology : past, present, and future -- Health disparities in nephrology -- Care of the older adult with chronic kidney disease -- Tissue engineering, stem cells, and cell therapy in nephrology -- Quality improvement initiatives in kidney disease.
- 2015 KargerMisra, Madhukar; Shinzato, Takahiro; Toma, Shigeki.History of the buttonhole technique / Misra, M -- The impact of buttonhole cannulation on patients and staff in hemodialysis facilities / Ogawa, T., Harada, E., Kanayama, Y., Tanabe, A., Inamura, M., Kiba, T., Shimizu, T., Iwashita, T., Tayama, Y., Matsuda, A., Hasegawa, H -- Buttonhole tunnel tract creation with the bioholer buttonhole device / King, J. -- Causes and solutions of the trampoline effect / Miwa, M., Ota, N., Ando, C., Miyazaki, Y -- A new method that enables complete removal of scabs at buttonhole entry sites / Shinzato, T., Sasaki, M., Ota, N., Shibata, K., Fukui, H.,Toma, S., Maeda, K. -- Deformity of buttonhole entry site causes higher frequency of vascular access-related infection / Sato, S., Sakai, N., Ohkuri, K., Shinzato, T., Sasaki, M., Nakai, S., Toma, S -- Relationship between years elapsed after initial buttonhole cannulation and frequency of vascular access-related infections / Toma, S -- Long-term safety of buttonhole cannulation and efficacy of mupirocin prophylaxis / Agarwal, A., Nesrallah, G -- Application of buttonhole cannulation technique to surgically superficialized arteries / Hayakawa, K., Sugiyama, D., Tanaka, H., Shinohara, S., Ohki, T., Muraoka, A., Miwa, M.
- 2006 SpringerHsu, Chen Hsing.
- 2015 SpringerCovic, Adrian; Goldsmith, David; Spaak, Jonas.This book provides a comprehensive overview of the clinical challenges faced during the treatment of patients with cardiorenal syndrome (CRS). The bidirectional link that associates renal and cardiovascular diseases means that patients with CRS have an increased risk of hospital admission and mortality as a result of their coexistence yet, there are no agreed guidelines for their management. Cardio-Renal Clinical Challenges takes clinical presentations and clinical problems as its base, and then discusses the evidence for best management of common clinical problems and the reasons for the complex interplay between the cardiac and renal systems. In addition, the link between heart failure and chronic kidney disease (CKD) can impose a considerable epidemiological burden thus this text also aims to address the issue of organizing healthcare to maximize both the opportunities for prevention and best healthcare economic returns. This book will be of immediate value and practical interest to all consulting and trainee cardiologists and renal physicians.
- 2010 SpringerBerbari, Adel E.; Mancia, Giuseppe.Chronic kidney disease with a worldwide prevalence of 10% in the general population is emerging as a major public health priority. Renal dysfunction is associated with a high risk for cardiovascular complications. The relationship between renal insufficiency and cardiovascular disease, termed the cardiorenal syndrome exists whether impairment of renal function is a consequence of primary renal parenchymal disease or primary heart disease. This book provides a comprehensive update analysis of our current understanding of the cardiorenal syndrome including epidemiology pathophysiologic mechanism.
- 2010 KargerBellomo, R.; McCullough, Peter A.; Ronco, C.Pathophysiology of acute kidney injury -- Cardiorenal syndromes -- Organ crosstalk in multiple organ dysfunction syndromes -- Fluid assessment and management in the critically ill -- Practice of renal replacement therapy in the ICU -- Critical care nephrology issues -- Trials in acute kidney failure -- New horizons in critical care nephrology.
- 2005 KargerBrendolan, Alessandra; Levin, Nathan W.; Ronco, C.Hemodialysis, from early days to tomorrow / Ritz, E. ... [et al.] -- Mechanisms of solute transport in extracorporeal therapies / Ronco, C., Levin, N.W. -- Machines for hemodialysis / Polaschegg, H.-D. -- Mathematical model to characterize internal filtration / Fiore, G.B., Ronco, C. -- Extracorporeal sensing techniques / Schneditz, D. -- Water treatment for hemodialysis / Cappelli, G. ... [et al.] -- Online convective therapies / Santoro, A. ... [et al.] -- Selected lessons learned from the dialysis outcomes and practice patterns study (DOPPS) / Pisoni, R.L., Greenwood, R.N. -- What did we learn from the hemo study? / Greene, T. -- What are we expecting to learn from the MPO study? / Locatelli, F., Pozzoni, P., Di Filippo, S. -- A new initiative in nephrology: 'kidney disease: improving global outcomes / Lameire, N. ... [et al.] -- Is there a magic in long nocturnal dialysis? / Charra, B. -- Mid-dilution: the perfect balance between convection and diffusion / Santoro, A.; Gaggi, R. ... [et al.] -- Sequential hemofiltration-hemodiafiltration technique / Amato, M. ... [et al.] -- Should nephrologists be in charge? / Konner, K. -- Challenges in interventional nephrology / Riella, M.C. -- Vascular access education, planning and percutaneous interventions by nephrologists / Asif, A., Merrill, D., Pennell, P. -- Whole body, single frequency bioimpedance / Piccoli, A. -- Use of segmental multifrequency bioimpedance spectroscopy in hemodialysis / Levin, N.W. ... [et al.] -- Cardiovascular risk in patients with end-stage renal disease / Wang, Y. ... [et al.] -- Improving removal of protein-bound retention solutes / Bammens, B., Evenepoel, P. -- Inflammation in end-stage renal disease / Stenvinkel, P. -- Interaction between nutrition and inflammation in hemodialysis patients / Kuhlmann, M.K., Levin, N.W. -- Monocytes from dialysis patients exhibit characteristics of senescent cells / Carracedo, J. ... [et al.] -- Modifiable risk factors for cardiovascular disease in CKD patients / Seibert, E., Kuhlmann, M.K., Levin, N.W. -- The cardiovascular burden of the dialysis patient / Bowry, S.K., Kuchinke-Kiehn, U., Ronco, C. -- Oxidative stress and reactive oxygen species / Galli, F. ... [et al.] -- Calcium, phosphorus and vitamin D disorders in uremia / Slatopolsky, E., Brown, A., Dusso, A. -- Cardiovascular calcification in end stage renal disease / Raggi, P. -- The mechanism of calcium deposition in soft tissues / Brancaccio, D., Cozzolino, M. -- Biosimilars, generic versions of the first generation of therapeutic proteins / Crommelin, D. ... [et al.] -- Electrophysiological response to dialysis / Santoro, A. ... [et al.] -- Noninvasive assessment of vascular function / Schneditz, D., Kenner, T. -- New insights in uremic toxicity / Vanholder, R., Glorieux, G. -- Continuous renal replacement therapy for end-stage renal disease / Gura, V. ... [et al.] -- Slow continuous intravenous plasmapheresis (sciptm) / Handley, H.H. ... [et al.] -- Membraneless dialysis-is it possible? / Leonard, E.F., Cortell, S., Vitale, N.G.
- 2005 KargerRazzaque, Mohammed S.; Taguchi, Takashi.Involvement of stress proteins in renal diseases / Razzaque, M.S., Taguchi, T. -- Stress proteins in glomerular epithelial cell injury / Bijian, K., Cybulsky, A.V. -- Response of renal medullary cells to osmotic stress / Neuhofer, W., Beck, F.-X. -- Heat shock proteins in renal cell carcinomas / Atkins, D., Lichtenfels, R., Seliger, B. -- Heat shock protein 47 and renal fibrogenesis / Razzaque, M.S., Taguchi, T. -- Cytoprotective effects of heme oxygenase in acute renal failure / Akagi, R., Takahashi, T., Sassa, S. -- Heat shock (stress response) proteins and renal ischemia/reperfusion injury / Kelly, K.J. -- Cisplatin-associated nephrotoxicity and pathological events / Taguchi, T. ... [et al.] -- Oxidant stress in renal pathophysiology / Abid, A.R., Razzaque, M.S., Taguchi, T. -- Heat shock proteins and allograft rejection / Pockley, A.G.; Muthana, M.
- 2015 SpringerLerma, Edgar V.; Weir, Matthew R.The treatment of hypertension has become the most important intervention in the management of all forms of chronic kidney disease. Chronic Kidney Disease and Hypertension is a current, concise, and practical guide to the identification, treatment and management of hypertension in patients with chronic kidney disease. In depth chapters discuss many relevant clinical questions and the future of treatment through medications and or novel new devices.
- Chronic kidney disease, dialysis, and transplantation : companion to Brenner & Rector's the kidney. 3rd ed.2010 ClinicalKeyHimmelfarb, Jonathan; Sayegh, Mohamed H.Chronic Kidney Disease, Dialysis, and Transplantation-a companion to Brenner and Rector₂s The Kidney-covers all clinical management issues relevant to chronic kidney disease. Drs. Jonathan Himmelfarb and Mohamed Sayegh lead a team of expert contributors to present you with the latest advances in hypertensive kidney disease, vitamin D deficiency, diabetes management, transplantation, and more. With the fully searchable text online at www.expertconsult.com, you₂ll have convenient access to everything you need to manage your patients. Apply the expertise of distinguished researchers and clinicians in the fields of hemodialysis, peritoneal dialysis, critical care nephrology, and transplantation. Manage the full range of issues in chronic kidney disease, dialysis, and transplantation through comprehensive coverage of basic science and clinical tools. Gain clear visual understanding from illustrations, including diagnostic and treatment algorithms, line drawings, and photographs.
- 2015 KargerNitta, Kosaku.Clinical effect of pre-dilution hemodiafiltration based on the permeation of the hemodiafilter / Yamashita, A.C., Sakurai, K -- The past, present and future of the dialyzer / Mineshima, M -- Importance of abnormal bone metabolism in the acceleration of atherosclerosis in hemodialysis patients / Inaba, M -- Dysregulated iron metabolism in patients on hemodialysis / Nakanishi, T., Hasuike, Y., Otaki, Y., Nanami, M., Kuragano, T -- The present status of and perspectives on home hemodialysis therapy in Japan / Masakane, I., Hanafusa, N., Kita, T., Hasegawa, T., Maeda, K -- Safety and efficacy evaluation of lanthanum carbonate for hyperphosphatemia in end-stage renal disease patients / Shigematsu, T., Ohya, M., Negi, S., Masumoto, A.R., Nakashima, Y.M., Iwatani, Y., Moribata, M.K., Yamanaka, S., Tatsuta, K., Mima, T -- Klotho/FGF23 axis in CKD / Tsuchiya, K., Nagano, N., Nitta, K -- Cell sheet-based tissue engineering for mesothelial cell injury / Kawanishi, K.; Nitta, K -- Erythropoiesis-stimulating agent hyporesponsiveness in end-stage renal disease patients / Ogawa, T., Nitta, K -- Past and present perspectives on encapsulating peritoneal sclerosis / Kawanishi, H., Shintaku, S., Banshodani, M., Hashimoto, S -- DPP-4 inhibitors in diabetic patients with chronic kidney disease or end-stage kidney disease on dialysis in clinical practice / Abe, M., Okada, K -- Present status and future of peritoneal dialysis in Japan / Nakamoto, H -- Cost-effectiveness of hemodialysis in Japan / Takura, T -- Vascular access for long-term hemodialysis/hemodiafiltration patients in Japan / Tsuchida, K., Nagai, K., Minakuchi, J., Kawashima, S -- New aspects of cerebrovascular diseases in dialysis patients / Naganuma, T., Takemoto, Y -- Current topics of purification and constitutions of dialysis fluid / Tomo, T -- Vascular calcification in end-stage renal disease patients / Nitta, K., Ogawa, T.
- Clinical aspects and laboratory : iron metabolism, anemias : concepts in the anemias of malignancies and renal and rheumatoid diseases. 6th, rev. and updated ed.2011 SpringerWick, M.; Lehmann, P.; Pinggera, W.
- 2015 SpringerFindlay, Mark; Isles, Christopher.Part 1. Physiology and Assessment -- 1. Structure and Function of the Kidney -- 2. Assessment of GFR -- 3. Proteinuria -- 4. Haematuria -- Part 2. Disorders of Renal Metabolic Function -- 5. Hyponatraemia -- 6. Hypokalaemia -- 7. Hypocalcaemia and hypercalcaemia -- 8. Hypophosphataemia and hypomagnesaemia -- 9. Acid-base balance -- Part 3. Acute Kidney Injury -- 10. Causes of Acute Kidney Injury -- 11. Rhabdomyolysis -- 12. Cardiorenal Failure -- 13. Hepatorenal Syndrome -- 14. HUS/TTP in Adults -- 15. Myeloma and the Kidney -- 16. Investigation, management and outcome of Acute Kidney Injury -- 17. Fluid Management -- 18. Hyperkalaemia -- 19. Rapidly Progressive Glomerulonephritis -- Part 4. Chronic Kidney Disease -- 20. Overview of Chronic Kidney Disease -- 21. Glomerular Disease -- 22. Diabetes -- 23. Renovascular Disease -- 24. Hypertension -- 25. Antihypertensive Drugs -- 26. Polycystic Kidney Diseases -- 27. Anaemia -- 28. Mineral Metabolism -- 29. Nutrition in Renal Disease -- Part 5. Miscellaneous Renal -- 30. Gout and the Kidney -- 31. Urinary Tract Infection -- 32. Renal Stone Disease -- 33. Management of Pain -- 34. Pregnancy and Renal Disease -- 35. Blood Borne Viruses -- 36. Rarer Renal Diseases. Part 6. Renal Replacement Therapy -- 37. Haemodialysis -- 38. Peritoneal Dialysis -- 39. Renal Transplantation -- 40. Hypertension and Fluid Balance in Dialysis Patients -- 41. Tunnelled Dialysis Catheters -- 42. Catheter Related Blood Stream Infection -- 43. The Challenges of Renal Replacement Therapy in the Elderly.
- 2013 SpringerLerma, Edgar V.; Rosner, Mitchell H.Through case presentations and a question and answer format, Clinical Decisions in Nephrology, Hypertension and Renal Transplantation provides a state of the art, updated reference for the optimal management of patients with diseases of the kidneys, and hypertension. This volume starts with the assessment of the patient, focusing on history and physical examination. Subsequently, cases depicting various clinical syndromes and/or diseases are presented, with questions centering on the appropriate diagnostic and treatment strategy. This sets the stage for a 'Socratic approach' to learning between the attending physician and the house staff or medical student.This is the only book featuring problem-oriented true to life clinical cases in this format to cover nephrology, hypertension and kidney transplantation. Written by renowned actively practicing clinicians, this unique reference is both comprehensive and concise and will be of great value to hospitalists and internists, as well as students, and interns/residents rotating in nephrology and internal medicine. Clinical practitioners, in the fields of critical care and hypertension specialists would also find this of value.
- 2008 SpringerAssadi, Farahnak.Preface -- Fluid and Electrolyte Disorders -- Acid-Base Disturbances -- Disorders of Divalent Ion Metabolism -- Nephrolithiasis -- Hypertension -- Acute Renal Failure -- Hereditary Nephritis and Genetic Disorders -- Glomerular, Vascular and Tubulo-Interstitial Diseases -- Chronic Kidney Disease -- Renal Osteodystrophy -- End-Stage Renal Disease and Dialysis -- Transplantation -- Index.
- 2008 SpringerBukowski, Ronald M.; Novick, Andrew C.
- 2006 SpringerZipfel, Peter F.Also available: Print – 2006
- 2015 ClinicalKeyFeehally, John; Floege, Jürgen; Johnson, Richard J.Sect. I: Essential renal anatomy and physiology -- Sect. II: Investigation of renal disease -- Sect. III: Fluid and electrolyte disorders -- Sect. IV: Glomerular disease -- Sect. V: Diabetic nephropathy -- Sect. VI: Hypertension -- Sect. VII: Pregnancy and renal disease -- Sect. VIII: Hereditary and congenital diseases of the kidney -- Sect. IX: Infectious diseases and the kidney -- Sect. X: Urologic disorders -- Sect. XI: Tubulointerstitial and vascular diseases -- Sect. XII: Geriatric nephrology -- Sect. XIII: Renal disease and cancer -- Sect. XIV: Acute kidney injury -- Sect. XV: Drug therapy in kidney disease -- Sect. XVI: Chronic kidney disease and the uremic syndrome -- Sect. XVII: Dialytic therapies -- Sect. XVIII: Transplantation.
- 2008 ClinicalKeyGeary, Denis F.; Schaefer, Franz.This book brings you a state-of-the-art comprehensive review on every clinical condition encountered in pediatric nephrology in one concise, clinically focused text. International experts provide you with the latest on epidemiology, diagnosis, investigations, management, and prognosis for a full range of pediatric kidney disorders. A full-color, highly visual, meticulously crafted format, makes this material remarkably easy for you to access and apply.
- 2014 SpringerHanafusa, Norio; Noiri, E.This pocket-sized manual serves as a concise and ideal reference work for therapeutic approaches using apheresis. Covering both basic theory and clinical details to facilitate improved treatment and patient outcomes, the text considers a variety of diseases, including myasthenia gravis, multiple sclerosis, Guillain-Barre syndrome, chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy, nephrotic syndrome, TTP/TMA, dilated cardiomyopathy, and many other conditions. The book also reviews the growing trend toward adopting this unique therapy for a wide range of health management issues such as morbid obesity and/or type 2 diabetes, and for lowering LDL-cholesterol (cholesterol apheresis) in patients unresponsive to medication or lifestyle modification.
- 2011 KargerKellum, John A.; Ronco, C.; Vincent, J. L.
- 2014 SpringerFervenza, Fernando C.; Lin, Julie; Sethi, Sanjeev; Singh, Ajay.Core Concepts in Parenchymal Kidney Disease provides comprehensive and state-of-the-art information on the diagnosis, treatment, classification and pathogenesis of glomerular and tubulointerstitial diseases. Chapters feature various clinical scenarios and are authored by a team of renowned experts in the field. Experienced clinicians and trainees alike will find this authoritative reference to be a valuable resource and contribution to the literature.
- 2012 SpringerChandraker, Anil; Sayegh, Mohamed H.; Singh, Ajay.1. Transplantation Immunobiology / Melissa Yeung -- 2. Basic Histocompatibility Testing Methods / Kathryn J. Tinckam -- 3. Medical Evaluation of the Living Kidney Donor / Julie Lin -- 4. Evaluation of Renal Transplant Candidates / Martina M. McGrath and Mario F. Rubin -- 5. Surgical Management of the Renal Transplant Recipient / Sayeed K. Malek and Stefan G. Tullius -- 6. Overview of Immunosuppressive Therapies in Renal Transplantation / Steven Gabardi and Eric M. Tichy -- 7. Allograft Dysfunction: Diagnosis and Management / Colm C. Magee -- 8. Approach to Medical Complications After Kidney Transplantation / John Vella -- 9. Infectious Complications in Renal Transplant Recipients / Erik R. Dubberke and Daniel C. Brennan -- 10. Recurrent and De Novo Glomerulonephritis After Kidney Transplantation / Austin Hunt and Mark D. Denton.
- 2013 SpringerMount, David B.; Sayegh, Mohamed H.; Singh, Ajay.Fluid, electrolyte, and acid-base disorders are central to the day-to-day practice of almost all areas of patient-centered medicine - both medical and surgical. Virtually every aspect of these disorders has experienced major developments in recent years. Core Concepts in the Disorders of Fluid, Electrolytes and Acid-Base Balance encompasses these new findings in comprehensive reviews of both pathophysiology and clinical management. In addition, this volume offers clinical examples providing step-by-step analysis of the pathophysiology, differential diagnosis, and management of selected clinical problems. Written by the leaders in researching and treating electrolyte disorders, this reference is an invaluable resource for both the nephrologist and the non-specialist physician, or medical trainee.
- 2009 ClinicalKeyBellomo, R.; Kellum, John A.; Ronco, C.Because of the increase in serious kidney diseases, including end-stage renal disease, your role as a nephrologist, intensivist, surgeon, or critical care physician is quickly expanding. Well received in its 1st edition, this 2nd edition continues to provide comprehensive coverage of the latest advances in critical care procedures for the adult or pediatric patient with renal diseases or disorders. Presents a common language and standardized guidelines to help multi-disciplinary physicians caring for the critically ill communicate more effectively. A new US editor, detailed discussions of different forms of organ support, artificial organs, infections, acute illness occurring in chronic hemodialysis patients, and much more make this book an exceptional resource for anyone who treats critically ill renal patients. And, as an Expert Consult title, this meticulously updated 2nd edition comes with access to the complete contents online, fully searchable.
- 2007 OvidCohan, Richard H.; Silverman, Stuart G.
- 2009 AccessMedicineBerns, Jeffrey S.; Lerma, Edgar V.; Nissenson, Allen R.ch. 1. Fluid & electrolyte disorders -- ch. 2. Acute renal failure -- ch. 3. Chronic renal failure -- ch. 4. Glomerular disorders -- ch. 5. Tubulointerstitial diseases -- ch. 6. Hypertension -- ch. 7. Cystic and genetic diseases of the kidney -- ch. 8. Renal replacement therapy -- ch. 9. Kidney disease in special populations -- ch. 10. Special topics in nephrology.
- 2015 SpringerErozan, Yener S.; Tatsas, Armanda.This volume fulfills the need for an easy-to-use and authoritative synopsis of intra-abdominal organ cytopathology. Part of the Essentials in Cytopathology book series, the book is heavily illustrated with a full color art program, while the text follows a user-friendly outline format. The book also fits into the lab coat pocket and is ideal for portability and quick reference. Written by authorities in the field, Cytopathology of the Liver, Biliary Tract, Kidney and Adrenal Glands is a concise and valuable resource to pathologists on the subject of intra-abdominal organ cytopathology.
- 2015 SpringerLerma, Edgar V.; Nunley, Julia R.Genodermatoses / Erin L. Reese -- Metabolic disorders / Davida A. Kornreich -- Hepatitis viruses / Ivy I. Norris and Cindy England Owen -- Human immunodeficiency virus / Caroline Y. Winslow and Francisco A. Kerdel -- Rheumatologic conditions / Kseniya Golubets, Dan Ilkovitch, and Lisa M. Grandinetti -- Xerosis / Connie M. Wu, Annie M. Wu, Jenna Lester, and Leslie Robinson-Bostom -- Pruritus in chronic kidney disease / Ehsan Azimi, Ethan A. Lerner, and Sarina B. Elmariah -- Dyschromias in renal disease / Mwatsveruka N. Munhutu and Rebat M. Halder -- Calcinosis cutis / Mitalee P. Christman and Daniela Kroshinsky -- Calciphylaxis / Julio C. Sartori-Valinotti and Mark Davis -- Acquired perforating disorders / Mieke L.F. Flour and Dirk R.J. Kuypers -- Nephrogenic systemic fibrosis / Avery LaChance, Ali K. Abu-Alfa, and Shawn E. Cowper -- Blistering disorders (Porphyria cutanea tarda and Pseudoporphyria) / Christine A. DeWitt, Kara M. Trapp, and Melissa A. Muszynski -- Nail diseases among renal patients / Avner Shemer, Nicole Sakka, and C. Ralph Daniel III -- Alopecias / Kimberly Scott Salkey -- Uremic frost / Kristie Lynn Slivka Delaney, Edgar V. Lerma, and Julia R. Nunley -- Infections in the kidney transplant recipient / James D. Russell and Calvin O. McCall -- Cutaneous malignancies / Melina B. Chu, Brandon T. Beal, and Ian A. Maher -- Miscellaneous drug related adverse effects / Punam H. Patel and Krista L. Donohoe -- Drug dosing in patients with chronic kidney disease and dermatological diseases / Ali J. Olyaei and Edgar V. Lerma.
- 2014 SpringerBatuman, Vecihi; Lerma, Edgar V."Diabetes and Kidney Disease reviews the most up-to-date research on diabetic nephropathy, the current understanding of its pathophysiology, renal structural alterations and clinical features, and summarizes recent evidence-based clinical treatment modalities for the prevention and management of diabetic kidney disease. General clinical aspects are covered, as well as an overview to the novel approaches being designed by leading researchers in the field. A convenient compendium for physicians involved in the care of diabetic patients with varying degrees of kidney involvement, Diabetes and Kidney Disease is also a handy resource for medical residents and students interested in the current status and future approaches to reducing the burden of diabetes and diabetic kidney disease."--Publisher's website.
- 2011 KargerLai, Kar Neng; Tang, Sydney C. W.
- 2013 SpringerTurmel-Rodrigues, Luc; Beyssen, Bernard; Godier, Jean-Jacques; Mouton, Albert; Pengloan, Josette; Renaud, Claude J.; Shoenfeld, Richard.Endovascular repair of dialysis fistulas and grafts: strengths and weaknesses -- Role of the nephrologist, interventional radiologist, and vascular access in the treatment of end-Stage renal disease -- Access creation strategy -- Natural history of vascular access -- Radiological anatomy and preoperative imaging of upper limb vessels -- Indications and imaging modalities in dialysis access -- Psychological and clinical issues -- Patient preparation prior to angiography and endovascular interventions -- Angiography (Fistulography) -- Dilation and stent placement -- Hand ischemia -- Treatment of thrombosed accesses -- Therapeutic occlusion of dysfunctional accesses -- Complications during and after vascular access endovascular procedures -- Vascular access intervention outcomes.
- Diagnostic atlas of renal pathology : a companion to Brenner & Rector's the Kidney, 9th edition. 2nd ed.2012 ClinicalKeyFogo, Agnes B.; Kashgarian, Michael.This 2nd edition by Agnes B. Fogo, MD and Michael Kashgarian, MD, delivers practical, highly visual guidance for effectively and accurately diagnosing a wide range of pathologic entities. More than 700 high-quality illustrations help you to recognize the pathologic features and clinical manifestations of both common and rare renal disorders and to formulate confident and accurate diagnoses. Thoroughly updated throughout, this companion to Brenner & Rector's, The Kidney, 9th Edition provides the newest information regarding categorizing and classification of diseases and describes how this relates to the various morphological lesions illustrated and their clinical significance.
- 2011 OvidColvin, Robert B.Minimal change disease -- Focal segmental glomerulosclerosis -- Membranous glomerulonephritis -- Membranoproliferative glomerulonephritis and complement-related diseases -- Glomerulonephritis of infection -- IgA-related glomerulonephritis -- SLE and related autoantibody-mediated GN -- Anti-GBM nephritis -- Monoclonal immunoglobulin diseases -- Idiopathic fibrillary glomerulopathies -- Diabetic renal disease -- Inherited diseases of the glomerulus -- ANCA disease -- Vasculitis non-ANCA -- Thrombotic microangiopathies -- Diseases affecting the endothelium -- Hypertensive renal disease -- thrombotic and embolic disease -- Ischemic injury -- drug-induced tubulointerstitial diseases -- Toxins -- Immunologic tubular disease -- Genetic and metabolic diseases affecting tubules -- Bacterial infections of the kidney -- Fungal, rickettsial, and parasitic infections of the kidney -- Viral infections of the kidney -- Disease of development -- Cystic diseases -- Obstruction, reflux, and stones -- Introduction -- Rejection -- Recurrent and de novo diseases -- Nonimmunologic injury -- Stable and accepted grafts.
- 2015 SpringerKalva, Sanjeeva P.; Wu, Steven.This practical book covers the basic principles and practice of dialysis access management, a crucial part of the care of patients undergoing hemodialysis. It has been written in an easy-to-read, step-by-step format to help facilitate learning and understanding of the procedures, and has been supplemented with numerous operative photographs and diagrams demonstrating the commonly performed dialysis access exams, interventions, procedures and surgeries. Dialysis Access Management is an essential text for residents, fellows, and physicians who are learning or practicing in dialysis and/or dialysis access management, especially in the fields of nephrology, radiology, surgery, and vascular medicine.
- 2007 OvidSchrier, Robert W.Also available: Print – v. 1-3., 2007
- 2012 SpringerLerma, Edgar V.; Licata, Angelo A.1. Molecular Mechanisms of Parathyroid Hormone Synthesis / Tally Naveh-Many and Morris Nechama -- 2. Regulation of Calcium and Phosphate Metabolism / Arthur D. Conigrave -- 3. Diagnosis and Treatment of the Patient with Abnormal Calcium / Elizabeth H. Holt -- 4. The Calcium-Sensing Receptor: Physiology and Pathophysiology / Friedhelm Raue and Christine Haag -- 5. New Concepts for Primary and Secondary Hyperparathyroidism / Joachim Beige and Peter Lamesch -- 6. Calcific Uremic Arteriolopathy (Calciphylaxis) / Earl H. Rudolph and Edgar V. Lerma -- 7. Cystic Parathyroid Lesions / Jean-François Henry and Maurizio Iacobone -- 8. Parathyroid Cancer / Maurizio Iacobone and Jean-François Henry -- 9. Biochemistry, Physiology, and Pathophysiology of Parathyroid Hormone-Related Peptide / Bandana Chakravarti, Shailendra K. Dhar Dwivedi, Ambrish Mithal and Naibedya Chattopadhyay -- 10. Ectopic Parathyroid Glands / Jean-François Henry and Maurizio Iacobone -- 11. Hyperparathyroidism in Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia / Syeda S. Zaidi, Vipul T. Lakhani and James T. Broome -- 12. Familial Hypocalciuric Hypercalcemia / Ogo I. Egbuna and Edward M. Brown -- 13. Hyperparathyroidism-Jaw Tumor Syndrome / Andrew C. Calabria and Michael A. Levine -- 14. Hypoparathyroidism and Pseudohypoparathyroidism / Rajesh V. Thakker -- 15. Primary Hyperparathyroidism in Neonates and Children / Eric Mallet and Mireille Castanet -- 16. Hypoparathyroidism in Children / Anne Lienhardt-Roussie and Agnès Linglart -- 17. Parathormone Resistance in Children / Agnès Linglart and Eric Mallet -- 18. The Use of Ultrasonography in the Management of Parathyroid Diseases / Zvonimir L. Milas and Mira Milas -- 19. Imaging in Parathyroid Diseases / Donald R. Neumann and Joyce J. Shin -- 20. Parathyroid Surgery / Zvonimir L. Milas and Mira Milas.
- 2007 KargerMishkin, Gary J.; Ronco, C.Antisepsis / Bianchi, P; Buoncristiani, E.; Buoncristiani, U. (Perugia) -- Sodium hypochlorite: history, properties, electrochemical production / Ponzano, G.P (Genova) -- Toxicity and safety of topical sodium hypochlorite / Bruch, M.K. (Hamilton, Va.) -- Disinfection of the dialysis monitors / Ghezzi, P.M. (Montemassi); Bonello, M. (Anagni); Ronco, C. (Vicenza) -- Biofilm on artificial surfaces / Cappelli, G. ... [et al.] -- Compatibility of electrolytically produced sodium hypochlorite solutions on long-term implanted dialysis catheters / Mishkin, G.J. (Gaithersburg, Md.) -- Hemodialysis catheter exit site care / Astle, C.M. (Edmonton) -- Effectiveness of sodium hypochlorite in the prevention of catheter related infections / Cruz, D.N. ... [et al.] -- Use of sodium hypochlorite in peritoneal dialysis : the genesis of the 'Y' set and beyond / Buoncristiani, U.; Buoncristiani, E.; Bianchi, P. (Perugia) -- Exit-site care in peritoneal dialysis / Wadhwa, N.K.; Reddy, G.H. (Stony Brook, N.Y.) -- Successful use of sodium hypochlorite pack plus systemic and local antibiotic therapy for the treatment of pseudomonas infection of peritoneal dialysis catheter exit-site / Rodighiero, M.P. ... [et al.] -- Disinfection of lines and transfer sets in peritoneal dialysis / Lew, S.Q.; Gruia, A. (Washington, D.C.) -- Amuchina 10% solution, safe antiseptic for preventing infections of exit-site of tenckhoff catheters, in the pediatric population of a dialysis program / Mendoza-Guevara, L. ... [et al.] -- Risk of peritonitis among disadvantaged CAPD patients in Mexico / Garcia-Garcia, G. ... [et al.].
- 2014 SpringerCovic, Adrian; Kanbay, Mehmet; Lerma, Edgar V.
- 2013 SpringerChrousos, George P.; Koch, Christian A.Machine generated contents note: pt. I Adrenal Hypertension -- 1. Primary Aldosteronism: Progress in Diagnosis, Therapy, and Genetics / Franco Veglio -- 2. Syndromes of Mineralocorticoid Excess / Christian A. Koch -- 3. Hypertension in Patients with Cushing's Syndrome / George P. Chrousos -- 4. Primary Generalized Familial and Sporadic Glucocorticoid Resistance (Chrousos Syndrome) and Hypersensitivity / George P. Chrousos -- 5. Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia / Deborah P. Merke -- 6. Adrenal Incidentalomas and Arterial Hypertension / George P. Chrousos -- 7. Pheochromocytoma: Unmasking the Chameleon / Karel Pacak -- pt. II Other Potential Causes of Endocrine Hypertension -- 8. Hypertension in Growth Hormone Excess and Deficiency / George R. Merriam -- 9. Primary Hyperparathyroidism and Hypertension / Shonni J. Silverberg -- 10. Hypertension, Vitamin D Deficiency, and Calcium Metabolism / Vin Tangpricha -- 11. Testosterone Deficiency or Male Hypogonadism / Michael Zitzmann -- 12. Insulin Resistance and Hypertension / Helmut O. Steinberg -- 13. Obesity-Associated Hypertension / Gabriel I. Uwaifo -- 14. Central Mineralocorticoid Receptors and Cardiovascular Disease / Elise P. Gomez-Sanchez.
- 2011 KargerBarton, Matthias; Kohan, Donald Elliott.
- 2010 KargerPiccinni, Pasquale; Ronco, C.; Rosner, Mitchell H.Endotoxin in the pathogenesis of sepsis / Marshall, J.C. -- Endotoxins and other sepsis triggers / Opal, S.M. -- Rationale of extracorporeal removal of endotoxin in sepsis : theory, timing and technique / Ronco, C., Piccinni, P., Kellum, J. -- Extracorporeal removal of endotoxin : the polymyxin B-immobilized fiber cartridge / Tani, T. ... [et al.] -- Mechanisms of polymyxin B endotoxin removal from extracorporeal blood flow : molecular interactions / Vesentini, S. ... [et al.] -- Mechanisms of polymyxin B endotoxin removal from extracorporeal blood flow : hydrodynamics of sorption / Fiore, G.B. ... [et al.] -- Endotoxin removal by polymyxin B immobilized cartridge inactivates circulating proapoptotic factors / Martin, E.L., Ranieri, V.M. -- Polymyxin-B hemoperfusion and endotoxin removal : lessons from a review of the literature / Cruz, D.N. ... [et al.] -- PMX endotoxin removal in the clinical practice : results from the EUPHAS trial / Antonelli, M. ... [et al.] on behalf of the EUPHAS Study Group -- Early management of endotoxemia using the endotoxin activity assay and polymyxin B-based hemoperfusion / Novelli, G. ... [et al.] -- Endotoxin activity level and septic shock : a possible role for specific anti-endotoxin therapy? / Monti, G. ... [et al.] -- Endotoxin removal : how far from the evidence? : from EUPHAS to EUPHRATES / Rachoin, J.-S. ... [et al.] -- Endotoxin removal : how far from the evidence? : the EUPHAS 2 project / Martin, E.L. ... [et al.].
- 2011 SpringerRajan, Dheeraj K.Introduction -- Fistula First, K/DOQI and Documentation -- The Dialysis Outcomes and Practice Pattern Study (DOPPS): Lessons for Interventionalists -- Controversies in Vascular Access Monitoring and Surveillance -- Clinical Relevance of Vascular Access Monitoring and Surveillance -- Molecular Mechanisms of Hemodialysis Graft Failure -- The Vascular Access Coordinator -- The Procedure Room, Equipment and Radiation Safety -- Patient Considerations and Preparation -- Patient Monitoring, Sedation and Post-Procedure Care -- Sterile Technique -- Contrast Agents -- Dialysis Catheters -- Dialysis Grafts Versus Fistulas -- Commonality of Interventions in AV Accesses -- Interventions in Dialysis Grafts -- Interventions in Dialysis Fistulas -- The Immature or Failure to Mature Fistula -- Cephalic Arch Stenosis -- Central Venous Interventions -- Hemodialysis Access Interventions: An Asian Perspective -- Pediatric Hemodialysis Interventions -- Puncture Site Management -- No Remaining Venous Access -- Radiologic Peritoneal Dialysis Catheter Insertion and Troubleshooting -- Complications and Possible Solutions -- On-Label, Off-Label, Misconceptions and Devices that Do not Work -- Publications of Hemodialysis Interventions: What Is Relevant? -- Interesting Cases.
- Exercise-induced acute renal failure : acute renal failure with severe loin pain and patchy renal ischemia after anaerobic exercise2007 SpringerIshikawa, Isao.
- 2011 KargerHerrera, Guillermo A.Our understanding of the pathogenesis of renal diseases and the ability to accurately classify and diagnose them has improved considerably over the last two decades. Until now, however, this information has not been available in a single, up-to-date and succinct yet comprehensive source. The publication at hand aims at filling this gap, condensing a vast amount of information into easily accessible chapters. After a discussion of basic concepts and principles of renal tissue reactions to injurious agents using a specific cell/compartment approach, a multitude of disorders are looked at, including renal interstitial fibrosis, glomerulosclerosis, various forms of glomerulonephritis and nephropathy, amyloidosis and renal Fanconi syndrome. Some of the chapters address controversial subjects, reporting the current situation and showing areas of future potential research interest. At the end of many of the contributions, a summary is provided, often in the form of a chart to facilitate the understanding of the information and to make it most useful for didactic purposes. This book is intended for students of various disciplines, as well as clinicians and investigators and all those trying to correlate basic research information with clinical issues.
- 2008 SpringerMoritz, K. M.
- 2014 SpringerReddi, Alluru S.Fluid, Electrolyte and Acid-Base Disorders: Clinical Evaluation & Management is a clear and concise presentation of the fundamentals of fluid, electrolyte and acid-base disorders frequently encountered in clinical practice. Each chapter begins with pertinent basic physiology followed by its clinical disorder. Cases for each fluid, electrolyte and acid-base disorder are discussed with answers. In addition, board-type questions with explanations are provided for each clinical disorder to increase the knowledge for the clinician. Practical and clinically oriented, this book is a handy reference for practicing physicians, students, residents and fellows.
- 2010 ClinicalKeyHalperin, M. L.; Goldstein, Marc B.; Kamel, Kamel S.Principles of acid-base physiology -- Tools to use to diagnose acid-base disorders -- Metabolic acidosis: clinical approach -- Metabolic acidosis due to a deficit of NaHCO₃ -- Ketoacidosis -- Metabolic acidosis: acid gain types -- Metabolic alkalosis -- Respiratory acid-base disturbances -- Sodium and waterphysiology -- Hyponatremia -- Hypernatremia -- Polyuria -- Potassium physiology -- Hypokalemia -- Hyperkalemia -- Hyperglycemia.Also available: Print – 2010
- 2010 KargerBellomo, R.; Costanzo, Maria Rosa; Maisel, Alan S.; Ronco, C."Fluid overload is often observed in patients with heart failure and secondary oliguric states. A thorough assessment of the fluid status of the patient may help guide the therapy and prevent complications induced by inappropriate therapeutic strategies. The present publication is divided into four parts: Definition and Classification, Pathophysiology, Diagnosis and Therapy."--Website.
- 2006 SpringerFogo, Agnes B.Renal anatomy and basic concepts and methods in renal pathology / Arthur H. Cohen -- Membranous glomerulopathy / Jan A. Bruijn -- Membranoproliferative glomerulonephritis / Agnes B. Fogo -- Minimal change disease and focal segmental glomerulosclerosis / Agnes B. Fogo -- Postinfectious glomerulonephritis / Jan A. Bruijn -- Immunoglobulin A nephropathy and Henoch-Schönlein purpura / J. Charles Jennette -- Thin basement membranes and Alport's syndrome / Agnes B. Fogo -- Lupus glomerulonephritis / Jan A. Bruijn -- Crescentic glomerulonephritis and vasculitis / J. Charles Jennette -- Nephrosclerosis and hypertension / Agnes B. Fogo -- Thrombotic microangiopathies / Agnes B. Fogo -- Diabetic nephropathy / J. Charles Jennette -- Acute interstitial nephritis / Arthur H. Cohen -- Chronic interstitial nephritis / Arthur H. Cohen -- Acute tubular necrosis / Arthur H. Cohen -- Bence Jones cast nephropathy / Arthur H. Cohen -- Monoclonal immunoglobulin deposition disease / Arthur H. Cohen -- Amyloidosis / Arthur H. Cohen -- Other diseases with organized deposits / Arthur H. Cohen -- Allograft rejection / Robert B. Colvin -- Calcineurin inhibitor toxicity, polyoma virus, and recurrent disease / Robert B. Colvin.
- 2014 SpringerFogo, Agnes B.; Alpers, Charles E.; Cohen, Arthur H.; Colvin, Robert B.; Jennette, J. Charles.Fundamentals of Renal Pathology is a compact and up-to-date resource on the basics of renal pathology that will be of particular value to residents and fellows in training in renal pathology, general pathology, and nephrology, but will also serve as a handy reference for the more experienced. This second, revised and updated edition of the book offers an integrated approach based on contributions from established experts in the field. After considering normal renal anatomy and basic concepts and methods used in the assessment of renal biopsies, key diseases are discussed within the context of clinical presentations. The emphasis is on clinicopathological correlation and differential diagnosis. Topics discussed include glomerular diseases with nephrotic or nephritic syndrome presentations; systemic and vascular diseases affecting the kidney, including diseases affecting the renal transplant; tubulointerstitial diseases; and plasma cell dyscrasias and associated diseases. Well-chosen color illustrations and electron micrographs enhance and complement the text, and tables summarize the most up-to-date classifications and approaches for the various disease entities.
- 2008 KargerBenigni, Ariela; Remuzzi, Giuseppe.Renal diseases as targets of gene therapy / Phillips, B., Giannoukakis, N., Trucco, M. -- Non-viral gene delivery / Akital, H., Harashima, H -- Retrovirus vectors for gene delivery / Lech, P., Somia N.V -- Adenovirus vectors for renal targeted gene delivery / Appledorn, D.M., Seregin, S., Amalfitano, A. -- Adeno-associated virus vectors: versatile tools for in vivo gene transfer / Zentilin, L., Giacca, M. -- RNA interference in research and therapy of renal diseases / Rácz, Z., Hamar, P -- Gene therapy for acute renal failure / Torras, J., Cruzado, J.M., Grinyo, J.M -- Chronic deteriorating renal function and renal fibrosis / Isaka, Y., Takahara, S., Imai, E. -- Allograft rejection: acute and chronic studies / Tomasoni, S., Remuzzi, G., Benigni, A. -- Gene therapy for renal cancer / Haviv, Y.S., Curiel, D.T -- HIV-associated nephropathy / Wyatt, C.M., Rosenstiel, P.E., Klotman, P.E.Also available: Print – 2008
- 2015 SpringerHarisinghani, Mukesh G.; Rajesh, Arumugam.Covering all modalities currently used as well as emerging novel imaging tools, each chapter covers an aspect of Genitourinary Imaging with a comprehensive coverage of subspeciatlies. Genitourinary Imaging - A Case Based Approach closely mimics day to day clinical practice, and allows retention of pertinent practice information in an easy to understand format. Providing Genitourinary specific content in a portable form that can be used in close proximity to the PACS workstation, Genitourinary Imaging - A Case Based Approach is the perfect book for residents both in training and practicing as well as genitourinary radiologists worldwide.
- 2007 ClinicalKeyZagoria, Ronald J.; Fielding, Julia R.; Mayo-Smith, William W.; Zagoria, Ronald J.This title provides an excellent case selection for sharpening diagnostic skills in this challenging subspecialty area. Emphasis is on differential diagnoses and pertinent radiological findings, but the relevant clinical points are also covered. This second edition contains numerous new images (more than 400 total images) as well as an addition of fifty cases. It is cross-referenced to GU RADIOLOGY: The Requisites, 2e. Volume in the Case Review series, covering brain imaging, targeted towards residents, fellows and practicing RadiologistsMimics official exam formats and daily practice environment with a pedagogically anchored format that introduces cases/images as unknowns with three to four questions; then, on the flip side of the page, diagnosis, answers to the questions, additional commentary, references and cross-references to The Requisites volume are supplied in logical succession; blank space is available for note taking. Cases are randomly organized and then divided into three overall categories reflecting three different levels of difficulty.
- 2016 ClinicalKeyKawamoto, Satomi; Macura, Katarzyna J.
- 2015 SpringerMagi-Galluzzi, Cristina; Przybycin, Christopher G.This book provides a comprehensive, state-of-the art review of the genitourinary tumor pathology field and the most contemporary insights regarding specimen submission, histologic morphology, immunohistochemistry, and molecular studies useful in the diagnosis of genitourinary neoplasms. Discussion of the clinical implications of pathological findings is contributed by renowned clinicians in the field. This handsome volume guides the reader through the intricacies of genitourinary tumor pathology, diagnosis, reporting, and prognosis. Written by experts in the field, Genitourinary Pathology: Practical Advances is of great value to anatomic pathologists, urologists, fellows in genitourinary pathology, as well as upper level residents training in pathology .
- 2015 ClinicalKeyMagi-Galluzzi, Cristina; Zhou, Ming.Nonneoplastic diseases of the prostate / Kiril Trpkov -- Neoplastic diseases of the prostate / Ming Zhou, Cristina Magi-Galluzzi -- Nonneoplastic diseases of the urinary bladder / Fang-Ming Deng, Jonathan Melamed -- Neoplasms of the urinary bladder / Jesse K. McKenney, Ming Zhou, Cristina Magi-Galluzzi -- Nonneoplastic diseases of the kidney / Stephen M. Bonsib -- Neoplasms of the kidney / Ming Zhou, Eyas M. Hattab, John N. Eble, Liang Cheng -- Introduction to renal biopsy / Laura Barisoni, Lois J. Arend, David B. Thomas -- Diseases of the ureter and renal pelvis / Ximing J. Yang -- Diseases of penis, urethra, and scrotum / Rajal B. Shah -- Nonneoplastic diseases of the testis / Cristina Magi-Galluzzi, Howard S. Levin -- Neoplasms of the testis / Charles C. Guo.
- 2007 ClinicalKeyMagi-Galluzzi, Cristina; Zhou, Ming.This volume in the Foundations in Diagnostic Pathology Series packs today's most essential genitourinary pathology know-how into a compact, high-yield format! Its pragmatic, well-organized approach, abundant full-color illustrations, and at-a-glance tables make the information you need easy to access. It covers both neoplastic and non-neoplastic diseases of the genitourinary system. Reviews normal histology before examining abnormal findings. Covers all of the most commonly seen neoplastic and non-neoplastic conditions of the genitourinary system. Uses a consistent, user-friendly format to explore each entity's clinical features pathologic features (gross and microscopic) ancillary studies differential diagnoses and prognostic and therapeutic considerations. Offers hundreds of full-color illustrations that demonstrate the key features of a wide variety of pathologic lesions.
- 2013 SpringerDogra, Vikram; MacLennan, Gregory T.1. Renal Neoplasms / Gregory T. MacLennan -- 2. Inflammatory Conditions of the Kidney / Gregory T. MacLennan -- 3. Cystic Diseases of the Kidney / Gregory T. MacLennan -- 4. Renal Calculus Disease / Can Zafer Karaman -- 5. Vascular Disorders of the Kidney / Gregory T. MacLennan -- 6. Medical Renal Disease and Transplantation Considerations / Gregory T. MacLennan -- 7. Non-neoplastic Disorders of the Renal Pelvis and Ureter / Gregory T. MacLennan -- 8. Neoplasms of the Renal Pelvis and Ureter / Gregory T. MacLennan -- 9. Renal and Ureteral Trauma / Vikram S. Dogra -- 10. Nonneoplastic Disorders of the Bladder / Gregory T. MacLennan -- 11. Neoplasms of the Bladder / Gregory T. MacLennan -- 12. Bladder Trauma / Musturay Karcaaltincaba -- 13. Congenital and Acquired Nonneoplastic Disorders of the Urethra / Gregory T. MacLennan -- 14. Neoplasms of the Urethra / Gregory T. MacLennan.
- 2007 OvidBlake, Peter Gerard; Daugirdas, John T.; Ing, Todd S.
- 2005 OvidDanovitch, Gabriel M.Options for patients with kidney failure / William G. Goodman and Gabriel M. Danovitch -- Transplantation immunobiology / Didier A. Mandelbrot and Mohamed H. Sayegh -- Histocompatibility testing, cross-matching, and allocation of kidney transplants / J. Michael Cecka and Elaine F. Reed -- Immunosuppressive medications and protocols for kidney transplantation / Gabriel M. Danovitch -- Medical and surgical aspects of kidney donation / Elizabeth Kendrick ... [et al.] -- Evaluation and preparation of renal transplant candidates / Nauman Siddqi and Sundaram Hariharan -- The transplant operation and its surgical complications / Jennifer Singer, H. Albin Gritsch, and J. Thomas Rosenthal -- The first three posttransplant months / William J.C. Amend, Jr., Flavio Vincenti, and Stephen J. Tomlanovich -- Long-term posttransplant management and complications / Meena Sahadevan and Bertram Kasiske -- Infections in kidney transplantation / Bernard M. Kubak ... [et al.] -- Kidney transplantation and liver disease / Fabrizio Fabrizi, Suphamai Bunnapradist, and Paul Martin -- Diagnostic imaging in kidney transplantation / Peter Zimmerman, Nagesh Ragavendra, and Christiaan Schiepers -- Pathology of kidney transplantation / Cynthia C. Nast and Arthur H. Cohen -- Kidney and pancreas transplantation in diabetic patients / John D. Pirsch, Hans W. Sollinger, and Craig Smith -- Kidney transplantation in children / Samhar I. al-Akash and Robert B. Ettenger -- Psychiatric aspects of kidney transplantation / Kirk Murphy -- Ethical and legal issues surrounding kidney transplantation / Robyn S. Shapiro -- Nutrition in the kidney transplant recipient / Susan Weil Guichard -- Psychosocial and financial aspects of transplantation / Robert S. Gaston, Marci H. Gitlin.
- 2008 SpringerHowie, Alexander J.
- 2007 KargerAljama, Pedro; Canaud, Bernard; Ronco, C.The birth of hemodiafiltration / L.W. Henderson -- Evolution of hemodiafiltration / C. Ronco -- Solute removal by hollow-fiber dialyzers / W.R. Clark, E. Rocha, C. Ronco -- Fluid mechanics and crossfiltration in hollow-fiber hemodialyzers / C. Ronco -- Mechanisms of solute and fluid removal in hemodiafiltration / A.C. Yamashita -- Membranes and filters for haemodiafiltration / N.A. Hoenich -- Technical aspects of online hemodiafiltration / H.-D. Polaschegg, T. Roy -- Quality of water, dialysate and infusate / G. Cappelli ... [et al.] -- Fluids in bags for hemodiafiltration / I. Ledebo -- Hemodiafiltration with endogenous reinfusion / M.L. Wratten, P.M. Ghezzi -- Low- (classical) and high-efficiency haemodiafiltration / V. Wizemann -- Online hemodiafiltration : technical options and best clinical practices / B. Canaud -- Mixed-dilution hemodiafiltration / L.A. Pedrini, S. Zerbi -- Paired hemodiafiltration / F. Pizzarelli -- Acetate-free biofiltration / A. Santoro ... [et al.] -- Mid-dilution : an innovative high-quality and safe haemodiafiltration approach / J. Potier -- Double high-flux hemodiafiltration / B. von Albertini -- Push/pull hemodiafiltration / T. Shinzato, K. Maeda -- Principles and practice of internal hemodiafiltration / G.B. Fiore, C. Ronco -- Clinical aspects of haemodiafiltration / F. Locatelli, S. Di Filippo, C. Manzoni -- The biological response to online hemodiafiltration / V. Panichi, C. Tetta -- Clearance of beta-2-microglobulin and middle molecules in haemodiafiltration / J. Tattersall -- Inflammation and hemodiafiltration / R. Ramirez, A. Martin-Malo, P. Aljama -- Effect of online hemodiafiltration on morbidity and mortality of chronic kidney disease patients / B. Canaud -- Optimizing the prescription of hemodiafiltration / F. Maduell.
- 2011 KargerKawanishi, Hideki; Yamashita, Akihiro C.Highlighting recent advances and clinical experiences.
- 2008 KargerCruz, Dinna N.; Ronco, C.Also available: Print – 2008
- 2011 KargerRonco, C.; Rosner, Mitchell H.This book contains notable contributions from the well-known Vicenza course on hemodialysis and miniaturized wearable devices for renal replacement therapy. The main themes covered in this publication include cardio-renal syndromes as well as new technologies in hemodialysis, new dialysis membranes and techniques, the importance of vitamin D receptors in renal and extra-renal physiology, and the control of risk factors such as blood pressure and lipid disorders. Special interest is placed on new models of organization including large dialysis networks and health care economics. Moreover, acute kidney injury and its impact on the subsequent development of chronic kidney disease are discussed together with the use of modern biomarkers. Microfluidics, nanotechnology and miniaturized dialysis devices suitable for wearable ambulatory treatments are also covered in depth. The publication at hand is a useful tool for consultation by the clinician as well as for those involved in the care of patients with end-stage kidney disease.
- 2012 KargerMorales, Jose M.Hepatitis C : epidemiology, diagnosis, natural history, and therapy / S. Pol ... [et al.] -- Hepatitis C and renal disease : epidemiology, diagnosis, pathogenesis, and therapy / J.M. Morales, N. Kamar, L. Rostaing -- Hepatitis C-induced renal disease in patients with AIDS : an emergent problem / M. Praga, E. Gutirrez Solis, E. Morales -- Hepatitis C in hemodialysis : epidemiology and prevention of hepatitis C virus transmission / M. Jadoul, G. Barril -- Hepatitis C-related liver disease in dialysis patients / F. Fabrizi... [et al.] -- Treatment of hepatitis C in dialysis patients / N. Esforzado, J.M. Campistol -- Selection and management of hepatitis C virus-infected patients for the kidney transplant waiting list / D. Roth, R. Bloom -- Kidney transplantation in the patient with hepatitis C virus infection / J.M. Morales, R. Bloom, D. Roth -- Treatment of hepatitis C virus infection after kidney transplantation / L. Rostaing ... [et al.] -- Immunosuppression in hepatitis C virus-infected patients after kidney transplantation / O. Manuel ... [et al.] -- Impact of extrahepatic complications (diabetes and glomerulonephritis) associated with hepatitis C virus infection after renal transplantation / J.M. Cruzado, O. Bestard, J.M. Grinycent -- Renal transplantation from donors with a positive serology for hepatitis C / B. Domínguez-Gil ... [et al.].
- Heptinstall's Pathology of the kidney : editors, J. Charles Jennette, Jean L. Olson, Melvin M. Schwartz, Fred G. Silva.. 6th ed.2007 OvidHeptinstall, Robert H.; Jennette, J. Charles; Olson, Jean L.; Schwartz, Melvin M.; Silva, Fred G.Renal anatomy and histology -- Development of the kidney -- Primer on the pathologic diagnosis of renal disease -- The nephrotic syndrome and minimal change disease -- Focal segmental glomerulosclerosis -- Membranous glomerulonephritis -- Membranoproliferative glomerulonephritis -- Acute postinfectious glomerulonephritis and glomerulonephritis caused by presistent bacterial infection -- Renal injury associated with human immunodeficiency virus infection -- IgA nephropathy and henoch-schhönlein purpura nephritis -- Alport's syndrome, thin basement membrane nephropathy, nail-patella syndrome, the type III collagen glomerulopathy -- Renal disease in systemic lupus erythematosus, mixed connective tissue disease, Sjögren's syndrome, and rheumatoid arthritis -- Anti-glomerular basement membrane glomerulonephritis and goodpasture's sndrome -- Pauci-immune and antineutrophil cytoplasmic autoantibody-mediated crescentic glomerulonephritis and vasculitis -- Renal involvement in polyarteritis nodosa, Kawasaki disease, takayasu arteritis and giant cell arteritis -- Hemolytic uremic syndrome, thrombotic thromboyctopenic purpura, and other thrombotic microangiopathies -- Renal diseases in pregnancy -- Diabetic nephropathy -- Renal dieases associated with plasma cell dyscrasias, amyloidoses, waldenström macroglobulinemia, and cryoglobulinemic nephropathies -- Glomercular diseases with organized deposits -- Renal disease caused by hypertension -- Pyelonephritis and other infections, reflux nephropathy, hydronephrosis, and nephrolithiasis -- Acute and chronic tubulointerstitial nephritis -- Ischemic and toxic acute tubular injury and other ischemic renal injury -- Renal disease caused by familial metabolic and hematologic diseases -- Cystic diseases and development kidney defects -- End-stage renal disease -- Renal transplant pathology -- Renal neoplasms.Also available: Print – v. 1-2., 2007
- 2015 OvidD'Agati, Vivette D.; Heptinstall, Robert H.; Jennette, J. Charles; Olson, Jean L.; Silva, Fred G.Renal anatomy and histology / Stephen M. Bonsib -- Development of the kidney / Adrian S. Woolf and Dagan Jenkins -- Primer on the pathologic classification and diagnosis of renal disease / J. Charles Jennette, Fred G. Silva, Jean L. Olson, and Vivette D. Dagati -- Cystic diseases and developmental kidney defects / Helen Liapis and Paul Winyard -- The nephrotic syndrome and minimal change disease / Jean L. Olson -- Focal segmental glomerulosclerosis and childhood nephrotic syndrome / Vivette D. DAgati and M. Barry Stokes -- Membranous glomerulonephritis / Glen S. Markowitz and Vivette D. DAgati -- Membranoproliferative glomerulonephritis / Xin J. Zhou and Fred G. Silva -- C3 glomerulopathies, including dense deposit disease / H. Terence Cook and Matthew C. Pickering -- Acute postinfectious glomerulonephritis and glomerulonephritis caused by persistent bacterial infection / Anjali A. Satoskar, Tibor Nadasdy, and Fred G. Silva -- Renal injury associated with human immunodeficiency virus infection and therapy / Arthur H. Cohen and Cynthia C. Nast -- Iga nephropathy and iga vasculitis (henoch-schonlein purpura) nephritis / Mark Haas -- Alports syndrome, familial benign hematuria, nail-patella syndrome, type iii collagen glomerulopathy, and piersons syndrome / Marie-Claire Gubler, Laurence Heidet, and Corinne Antignac -- Renal disease in systemic lupus erythematosus, mixed connective tissue disease, sjögren's syndrome, and rheumatoid arthritis / Vivette D. D'Agati and M. Barry Stokes -- Anti-glomerular basement membrane glomerulonephritis and goodpasture's syndrome / J. Charles Jennette and Volker Nickeleit -- Pauci-immune and antineutrophil cytoplasmic autoantibodymediated crescentic glomerulonephritis and vasculitis / J. Charles Jennette and David B. Thomas -- Volume 2 -- Renal involvement in polyarteritis nodosa, kawasaki disease, takayasu arteritis, and giant cell arteritis / J. Charles Jennette and Harsharan K. Singh -- Thrombotic microangiopathies / Zoltan G. Laszik, Neeraja Kambham, and Fred G. Silva -- Renal disease in pregnancy / Agnes B. Fogo -- Renal disease caused by hypertension / Jean L. Olson -- Diabetic nephropathy / Jean L. Olson and Zoltan G. Laszik -- Renal diseases associated with plasma cell dyscrasias, amyloidoses, and waldenström's macroglobulinemia / Guillermo A. Herrera and Maria M. Picken -- Glomerular diseases with organized deposits / Samy S. Iskandar and Guillermo A. Herrera -- Pyelonephritis, reflux nephropathy, hydronephrosis, and nephrolithiasis / Helen Liapis, Joseph P. Gaut, John E. Tomaszewski, and Lois Arend -- Acute and chronic tubulointerstitial nephritis / Sergey V. Brodsky and Tibor Nadasdy -- Ischemic and toxic acute tubular injury and other ischemic renal injury / Gilbert Moeckel, Michael Kashgarian, and Lorraine V. Racusen -- Renal disease caused by inborn errors of metabolism, storage diseases, and hemoglobinopathies / Laura S. Finn -- Renal changes with aging and end-stage renal disease / Xin J. Zhou, Andrew Fenves, Nosratola D. Vaziri, and Ramesh Saxena -- Renal transplant pathology / Volker Nickeleit, Michael Mengel, and Robert B. Colvin -- Renal neoplasms / John N. Eble and David J. Grignon.
- 2011 KargerSaitō, Akira.Definition of high-performance membranes -- from the clinical point of view / A. Saito -- Solute removal efficiency and biocompatibility of the high-performance membrane -- from engineering points of view / K. Sakai, M. Matsuda -- Biocompatible characteristics of high-performance membranes / S. Uda, M. Mizobuchi, T. Akizawa -- Selection guidelines for high-performance membrane / T. Sanaka, M. Koremoto -- Preferred performance of the high-performance membrane in the case of online hemodiafiltration / H. Kawanishi -- Preferred dialysis fluid for the high-performance membrane / T. Tomo -- Required water quality for the use of high-performance membranes / I. Aoike -- Clinical outcomes of the high-performance membrane dialyzer / Y. Koda -- Endotoxin and bacterial level of dialysate fluid quality / Y. Isakozawa, S. Takesawa, V. David -- Albumin loss under the use of the high-performance membrane / K. Tsuchida, J. Minakuchi -- Choice of modality with the use of high-performance membrane / I. Masakane -- Mass transfer mechanisms in high-performance membrane dialyzers / A.C. Yamashita -- Fluid and solute transfer characteristics in a dialyzer with a high-performance membrane / M. Mineshima -- Contribution of polysulfone membranes to the success of convective dialysis therapies / S.K. Bowry, E. Gatti, J. Vienken -- AN69 : evolution of the world's first high permeability membrane / M. Thomas, K. Moriyama, I. Ledebo -- Polyethersulfone as a high-performance membrane / D.H. Krieter, H.-D. Lemke -- Polymethylmethacrylate membrane with a series of serendipity / Y. Sakaiu -- Polyester polymer alloy as a high-performance membrane / T. Igoshi ... [et al.] -- Cellulose triacetate as a high-performance membrane / T. Sunohara, T. Masuda -- Ethylene vinyl alcohol co-polymer as a high-performance membrane : an EVOH membrane with excellent biocompatibility / A. Nakano -- Sustained high-efficiency daily diafiltration using a mediator-adsorbing membrane (SHEDD-fA) in the treatment of patients with severe sepsis / O. Nishida ... [et al.] -- Comparison of efficacy between continuous hemodiafiltration with a PMMA high-performance membrane dialyzer and a pan membrane hemofilter in the treatment of septic shock patients with acute renal failure / K. Matsuda ... [et al.] -- Commercially available high-performance membrane dialyzers and several special kinds on the Japanese market (as of April 30, 2011) / A.C. Yamashita.
- 2013 SpringerLau, W. Y.This is a multi-author book on hilar cholangiocarcinoma, written by an international team of world-renowned experts covering topics in their respective areas of expertise. There are altogether 71 authors from 14 countries/regions, mainly Argentina, Australia, China, Germany, Italy, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Thailand, the Netherlands, the United Kingdom and the United States of America.This book aims to provide an up-to-date, fully referenced text that is as succinct as possible, but as comprehensive as necessary, addressing all topics in hilar cholangiocarcinoma.
- History of dialysis in the UK c.1950-1980 : the transcript of a Witness Seminar held by the Wellcome Trust Centre for the History of Medicine at UCL, London, on 26 February 20082009 Wellcome TrustCrowther, S. M.; Reynolds, L. A.; Tansey, E. M.
- 2012 KargerSuzuki, Hiromichi.A kinetic model for peritoneal dialysis and its application for complementary dialysis therapy / Yamashita, A.C. -- How automated peritoneal dialysis is applied and maintained in Japan / Nakamoto, H. -- Introduction and maintenance program for PD based on PD guidelines for Japan / Nakayama, M. -- Appropriate drug dosing in patients receiving peritoneal dialysis / Hirata, S., Kadowaki, D. -- Surgical and medical treatments of encapsulation peritoneal sclerosis / Kawanishi, H. -- Application of peritoneal dialysis in elderly patients by classifying the age into young-old, old, and oldest-old / Hiramatsu, M. ... [et al.] -- Maintenance of continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis in elderly patients / Ishida, M. -- Role of nurses in a continuous ambulatory peritoneal diagnosis outpatient clinic / Kimura, Y., Inoue, T., Suzuki, H. -- Combination therapy with hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis / Suzuki, H. ... [et al.] -- Implementation of a cooperative program for peritoneal dialysis / Okada, K., Abe, M., Soma, M. -- Care for patients carrying out dialysis therapy at home / Imada, A. -- Perspectives on home hemodialysis in Japan / Maeda, K., Nakai, S. -- Current international status of home hemodialysis / Saito, A. ... [et al.] -- Future home hemodialysis : advantages of the NxStage System One / Takahashi, S. -- Introduction to home hemodialysis / Ogawa, H. -- Overnight home hemodialysis : eight patients and six years of experience in Sakairumi clinics / Tanaka, H. ... [et al.] -- Practice of home hemodialysis in dialysis clinic / Tomita, K. -- Perspective of home hemodialysis in Japan / Narikiyo, T., Nakamoto, M. -- Role of clinical engineers in home hemodialysis / Ohhashi, N. ... [et al.] -- Daily hemodialysis improves uremia-associated clinical parameters in the short term / Kojima, E. ... [et al.] -- Development of a nanotechnology-based dialysis device / Kanno, Y., Miki, N.
- 2009 KargerChiaramonte, Stefano; Perico, Norberto; Remuzzi, Giuseppe; Ronco, C.Clinical relevance of preformed HLA donor-specific antibodies in kidney transplantation / C. Lefaucheur ... [et al.] -- Therapeutic strategies in management of the highly HLA-sensitized and ABO-incompatible transplant recipients / S.C. Jordan ... [et al.] -- Posttransplant immunosuppression in highly sensitized patients / E. Akalin -- Rapid accomodation of an A1 renal allograft after preconditioning for ABO-incompatible transplantation / G. Allen ... [et al.] -- ABO-incompatible kidney transplantation with antigen-specific immunoadsorption and rituximab / M. Geyer ... [et al.] -- Evaluation of two different preconditioning regimens for ABO-incompatible living kidney donor transplantation : a comparison of splenectomy vs. rituximab-treated non-splenectomy preconditioning regimens / K. Tanabe ... [et al.]. Pathology of chronic humoral rejection / R.B. Colvin -- De novo anti-HLA antibody responses after renal transplantation : detection and clinical impact / M. Seveso ... [et al.] -- The emerging issue of MICA antibodies : antibodies to MICA and other antigens of endothelial cells / P. Stastny ... [et al.] -- Development of non-donor-specific HLA antibodies after kidney transplantation : frequency and clinical implications / D. Briggs, D. Zehnder, R.M. Higgins -- Control of anti-donor antibody production post-transplantation : conventional and novel immunosuppressive therapies / J.M. Cruzado, O. Bestard, J.M. Grinyó -- Non-HLA antibodies post-transplantation: clinical relevance and treatment in solid organ transplantation / D. Dragun, B. Hegner.Also available: Print – 2009
- 2005 KargerRodeghiero, Francesco; Ronco, C.Purine metabolism and hyperuricemic states: 'The point of view of the rheumatologist' / G. Peronato -- Inherited hyperuricemic disorders / W.L. Nyhan -- Pharmacology of drugs for hyperuricemia: mechanisms, kinetics and interactions / F. Pea -- Hyperuricemic syndromes in cancer patients / A.-M. Tsimberidou, M.J. Keating -- Incidence and pathogenesis of tumor lysis syndrome / F. Locatelli, F. Rossi -- Recombinant urate oxidase (rasburicase) in the prophylaxis and treatment of tumor lysis syndrome / S. Jeha, C.-H. Pui -- Treatment and prevention of tumor lysis syndrome in children: experience of Associazione Italiana Ematologia Oncologia Pediatrica / A. Pession, E. Barbieri -- Intensive chemotherapy in patients with lymphoma: management of the risk of hyperuricemia / C. Tarella ... [et al.] -- Hyperuricemia and bone marrow transplantation / G. Lambertenghi Deliliers, C. Annaloro -- Rasburicase therapy in acute hyperuricemia and renal dysfunction / C. Ronco ... [et al.] -- Hyperuricemia in kidney transplantation / N. Perico ... [et al.] -- Uric acid elimination in the urine: pathophysiological implications / M. Marangella -- Pharmacological treatment of acute and chronic hyperuricemia in kidney diseased patients / G. Bellinghieri, D. Santoro, V. Savica -- Pharmacological treatment of acute renal failure in intensive care unit patients / D. Moreau.
- 2013 SpringerSimon, Eric E.Epidemiology and Significance of Hyponatremia -- Physiology of Water Balance and Pathophysiology of Hyponatremia -- Utility of Electrolyte-Free Water Clearance in the Analysis and Treatment of the Dysnatremias -- Cerebral-Renal Salt Wasting -- CNS Manifestations of Hyponatremia and Its Treatment -- Hyponatremia Induced by Drugs -- Hyponatremia in Heart Failure -- Hyponatremia in Cirrhosis: Evaluation and Treatment -- Hyponatremia in Psychosis -- Exercise-Associated Hyponatremia -- Vasopressin Receptor Antagonists -- Treatment of Hyponatremia.
- 2007 KargerTomino, Yasuhiko.
- 2006 SpringerGuermazi, Ali.
- 2015 SpringerEl Kossi, Mohsen; El Nahas, A. Meguid; Khwaja, Arif.Management of ADPKD -- Secondary Glomerular Disease Lupus Nephritis -- ANCA-Associated Vasculitis -- Acute Kidney Injury -- Chronic Kidney Disease -- Anaemia in Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) -- Lipids and Chronic Kidney Disease -- Chronic Kidney Disease with Mineral and Bone Disorder (CKD-MBD) -- Diabetic Nephropathy -- Primary Glomerular Disease -- Hemodialysis -- Peritoneal Dialysis -- Transplantation.
- 2014 SpringerAsif, Arif; Salman, Loay; Yevzlin, Alexander S.1. Pre-operative Evaluation -- History -- 2. Pre-operative Evaluation -- Physical Examination -- 3. Admission After Intervention -- When and Why -- 4. Communicating Effectively for Interventional Nephrologists -- 5. Anticoagulants and Thrombolytics -- 6. Non-invasive Screening and Testing for PAD in CKD patients -- 7. Overview of PAD Treatment in the CKD Population: Indications, Medical Strategies, and Endovascular Techniques -- 8. Unconventional Venous Access: Percutaneous Translumbar and Transhepatic Venous Access for Hemodialysis -- 9. Approach to a Non-Functioning Catheter -- 10. Approach to the Infected Catheter -- 11. Approach to a Patient Referred for Vascular Mapping -- 12. Approach to Arteriovenous Access -- 13. Approach to a Patient with Non-maturing AV Fistula -- 14. Approach to an Arteriovenous Access with Hyperpulsatile Pulse -- 15. Approach to an Arteriovenous Access with a Faint Thrill -- 16. Approach to an Arteriovenous Access with No Thrill, Bruit, or Pulse -- 17. Approach to Patient with Arteriovenous Access Presenting with Hand Pain -- 18. Central Vein Stenosis -- 19. Approach to a Patient with Pseudoaneurysm -- 20. Approach to Chest Pain During Dialysis -- 21. Approach to Cyanotic Digits and Hand Paresis -- 22. Approach to an Abnormal Surveillance Measurement -- 23. Arterial Stenosis Affecting Arteriovenous Fistulae and Grafts in Hemodialysis Patients: Approach to Diagnosis and Management -- 24. Approach to the Patient with Suspected Renal Artery Stenosis -- 25. Vascular Injury During Interventions -- 26. Pulmonary Embolism Associated with Dialysis Access Procedure -- 27. Stent Migration -- 28. Foreign Body Retrieval -- 29. Contrast and Medication Allergic Reactions -- 30. The Management of Serious Adverse Events Associated with Interventional Procedures -- 31. Preoperative Evaluation of a Patient for Peritoneal Dialysis Catheter -- Operative Considerations for Peritoneal Dialysis Catheter -- Approach to a Patient with Visceral Perforation.
- 2003 ScienceDirectBard, Jonathan B. L.; Vize, Peter D.; Woolf, Adrian S.Also available: Print – 2003
- 2014 SpringerAlam, Shumyle; Chishti, Aftab S.; Kiessling, Stefan G.Embryology of the Urinary Tract -- Normal Development of Renal Function of the Newborn -- Fluid and Electrolytes in the Newborn -- Special Considerations -- Tools for the Assessment of Renal Function in the Newborn -- Oral and Parenteral Nutrition of the Newborn with Urinary Tract Disease -- Fetal Urology -- Imaging of the Urinary Tract in Newborns -- Urinary Tract Infections -- Hydronephrosis -- Posterior Urethral Valves -- Prune Belly Syndrome -- Structural Abnormalities of the External Genitalia and Urinary Tract -- Structural Abnormalities of the kidney and Ureter -- Neonatal Tumors involving the Urinary Tract -- Cystic Kidney Disease -- Congenital Nephrotic Syndrome -- Acute Kidney Injury -- Renal Replacement Therapy in the Neonate -- Neonatal Hypertension -- Electrolyte Abnormalities in the Newborn.
- 2015 SpringerJonasch, Eric; Lara, Primo N.Part 1: Epidemiology and Biology Epidemiology of Kidney Cancer -- Pathological Classification -- Molecular Biology of Kidney Cancer -- Biomarkers for Kidney Cancer -- Genetic Heterogeneity of Kidney Cancer -- Metabolic Basis of Kidney Cancer. Part 2: Clinical Considerations Clinical Presentation and Staging.- Hereditary Kidney Cancer. Part 3: Surgical and Local Control Modalities Surgical Approaches to Early Stage Kidney Cancer -- Cytoreductive Nephrectomy -- Metastasectomy -- Energy Ablative Techniques in Kidney Cancer -- The Role of Radiation Therapy in Kidney Cancer. Part 4: Systemic Therapy Considerations Adjuvant Systemic Therapy -- Cytokines and Vaccine Therapy -- PD1 and PDL1 Targeted Therapy -- Angiogenesis Inhibitor Therapy -- The Role of mTOR inhibitors and PI3K Pathway Blockade -- Sequential versus Combination Strategies -- Presurgical Therapy in Kidney Cancer -- Toxicity Management for Patients on Targeted Therapies -- Emerging Agents in Kidney Cancer.
- 2012 SpringerJonasch, Eric; Lara, Primo N."Kidney Cancer: Principles and Practice is an interdisciplinary textbook that encompasses all clinically relevant aspects of the disease and is designed to be as user-friendly as possible in order to meet the needs of the busy practitioner. To this end, the informative text is complemented by helpful boxed sections that present essential 'take home' points and patient-oriented cases demonstrating the clinical application of elements discussed in the chapter in question. Original high-quality images, some in color, are included whenever necessary to simplify particularly complex material. The authors are an international group of acknowledged experts in kidney cancer epidemiology, molecular biology, pathology, diagnosis, clinical features, staging, prognostic and predictive factors, surgery, systemic therapy, and emerging investigational approaches, among others. This clinically oriented volume will be of great interest to clinicians, researchers, residents, and fellows, as well as to students and knowledgeable lay people."--Publisher's website.
- 2015 ScienceDirectLittle, Melissa H.
- 2014 SpringerFaa, Gavino; Fanos, Vassilios.This volume provides a comprehensive, state-of-the art review in the field of experimental and human nephrogenesis. The book reviews new data on the effects on kidney development by neonatal asphyxia, obstructive uropathies, nephrotoxic drugs, malnutrition, underfeeding, overfeeding, and provides all possible preventive measures to ensure the well-being of the kidney at birth. The book also discusses the possible implications between renal development and the insurgence of kidney disease in adult life, and the correlation with renal carcinogenesis. Written by well recognized experts in their fields, Kidney Development in Renal Pathology is a valuable tool for pathologists, neonatologists, nephrologists, gynecologists, and researchers with an interest in kidney diseases.
- 2007 KargerHerrera, Guillermo A.The kidney in plasma cell dyscrasias: a current view and a look at the future / Herrera, G.A. -- A history of the kidney in plasma cell disorders / Steensma, D.P., Kyle, R.A. -- Patholigic studies useful for the diagnosis and monitoring of plasma cell dyscrasias / Veillon, D.M., Cotelingam, J.D. -- Serum free light chains in the diagnosis and monitoring of patients with plasma cell dyscrasias / Mayo, M.M., Schaef Johns, G. -- Mechanisms of renal damage in plasma cell dyscrasias: an overview / Merlini, G., Pozzi, C. -- Proximal tubular injury in myeloma / Batuman, V. -- Paraproteinemic renal diseases that involve the tubulo-interstitium / Herrera, G.A., Sanders, P.W. -- The mesangium as a target for glomerulopathic light and heavy chains: pathogenic considerations in light and heavy chain-mediated glomerular damage / Keeling, J., Herrera, G.A. -- Immunoglobulin light and heavy chain amyloidosis AL/AH: renal pathology and differential diagnosis / Picken, M.M. -- Diversity and diversification of light chains in myeloma: the specter of amyloidogenesis by proxy / Gu, M., Wilton, R., Stevens, F.J. -- High-dose therapy in patients with plasma cell dyscrasias and renal dysfunction / Pineda-Roman, M., Tricot, G. -- Current and emerging views and treatments of systemic immunoglobulin light-chain (AL) amyloidosis / Comenzo, R.L.
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Access restricted to Stanford community
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
Can't find it?
Look if we have it in print
- Springer Protocols
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
A repository of medical knowledge from internal medicine, cardiology, genetics, pharmacy, diagnosis and management, basic sciences, patient care, and more.
Continuously expanding, all databases in the repository contain the latest editions of selected medical titles.MicroMedex: Premier pharmaceutical information source containing multiple databases and drug reference tools. Of particular value is DRUGDEX Evaluations, one of the most comprehensive drug sources available.DynaMed is a clinical information resource used by physicians to answer clinical questions quickly and easily at the point of care. Topics are updated daily as new evidence becomes available.Scopus is the largest abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature: scientific journals, books and conference proceedings.A drug information resource containing: American Hospital Formulary System (AHFS), drug formulary for Lucile Packard Children's Hospital (LPCH) and Stanford Hospital & Clinics (SHC), Lexi-Drugs (adverse reactions, dosage and administration, mechanism of action, storage, use, and administration information), Lexi-Calc, Lexi-ID, Lexi-I.V. Compatibility (King Guide), Lexi-Interact, and Lexi-PALS.Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature (CINAHL) contains coverage of nursing and allied health literature.A knowledge database that provides access to topic reviews based on over 6000 clinically relevant articles. The evidence-based content, updated regularly, provides the latest practice guidelines in 59 medical specialtiesProvides critical assessments of systematic reviews compiled from a variety of medical journals.Selects from the biomedical literature original studies and systematic reviews that are immediately clinically relevant and then summarizes these articles in an enhanced abstract with expert commentary.
Multidisciplinary coverage of over 10,000 high-impact journals in the sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities, as well as international proceedings coverage for over 120,000 conferences.
Includes cited reference searching, citation maps, and an analyze tool.
Features systematic reviews that summarize the effects of interventions and makes a determination whether the intervention is efficacious or not.
Cochrane reviews are created through a strict process of compiling and analyzing data from multiple randomized control trials to ensure comprehensiveness and reliability.Provides systematic coverage of the psychological literature from the 1800s to the present through articles, book chapters and dissertations.BMJ Clinical Evidence. A clinical information tool built around systematic reviews summarizing the current state of knowledge about prevention and treatment of clinical conditions.PIER (Physicians' Information and Education Resource) is a Web-based decision-support tool designed for rapid point-of-care delivery of up-to-date, evidence-based guidance for primary care physicians.Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials (CENTRAL) provides access to 300,000 controlled trials that have been identified the Cochrane Collaboration.Provides drug information targeted for patients.A continually updating drug monograph.The National Guideline Clearinghouse (NGC): A comprehensive database of evidence-based clinical practice guidelines and related documents.MedlinePlus: A repository of health information from the National Library of Medicine. Links are from trusted sites. No advertising, no endorsement of commercial companies or productsLPCH CareNotes via MicroMedex: Patient education handouts customized by LPCH clinical staffMicromedex Lab Advisor: Evidence based laboratory test informationA drug database organized by generic name, trade name and drug class.LPCH / Stanford Hospital Formulary.A goldmine of trusted consumer health information from the world's largest medical library.A trusted source of expert advice for and about kids, providing the information necessary to help patients and parents understand their unique needs.Provides patient handouts from the American Academy of Family Physician.Access to the Stanford Health Library for patients.Lane provides access to over 5,000 eBooks many of which provide helpful background material that will prepare you to better tackle primary literature.
Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities.
In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.A collection of biomedical books that can be searched directly by concept, and linked to terms in PubMed abstracts.
A web-based, decision support system for infectious diseases, epidemiology, microbiology and antimicrobial chemotherapy. The database, updated weekly, currently includes 337 diseases, 224 countries, 1,147 microbial taxa and 306 antibacterial (-fungal, -parasitic, -viral) agents and vaccines.
Over 10,000 notes outline the status of specific infections within each country.
Provides online, full-text access to Springer's journal titles as well as journals from other publishers.
Subjects include: life sciences, chemical sciences, environmental sciences, geosciences, computer science, mathematics, medicine, physics and astronomy, engineering and economics. Also includes eBooks.Collection of over 8 thousand fulltext titles in engineering, math, and basic and applied biomedical research. Coverage is from 1967 to the present.A library of ebooks on a wide array of topics, digitized and made available online in conjunction with the original publishers.