Books by Subject
- Acquired cystic disease of the kidney...
- — Toxicology of the kidney. 3rd ed. ......
- Type-2 diabetic nephropathy in Japan ...
- — Vander's Renal physiology. 8th ed. .....
- Acute blood purification 2010, Karger"Describes the use of hemodiafiltration to inhibit the cytokine storms which cause serious organ damage in patients with septic shock. Moreover, the technical construction of the blood purification system, which includes various machines, devices, membranes, fluids, etc., is explained in detail. Finally, leading experts discuss the concept of continuous renal replacement therapy as the standard care in critically ill patients with severe acute kidney injury."--Website.
- Acute kidney injury 2007., Karger
- Acute Dialysis Quality Initiative (ADQI) / Ronco, C., Kellum, J., Bellomo, R., Mehta, R. -- Implementation of novel biomarkers in the diagnosis, prognosis, and management of acute kidney injury : executive summary from the tenth consensus conference of the Acute Dialysis Quality Initiative (ADQI) / McCullough, P.A., for the Acute Dialysis Quality Initiative (ADQI) Consensus Group -- Diagnosis of acute kidney injury using functional and injury biomarkers : workgroup statements from the tenth Acute Dialysis Quality Initiative Consensus Conference / McCullough, P.A., for the ADQI 10 Workgroup -- Differential diagnosis of AKI in clinical practice by functional and damage biomarkers : workgroup statements from the tenth Acute Dialysis Quality Initiative Consensus Conference / Endre, Z.H., for the ADQI 10 Workgroup -- Use of biomarkers to assess prognosis and guide management of patients with acute kidney injury / Cruz, D.N., for the ADQI 10 Workgroup -- Physiological biomarkers of acute kidney injury : a conceptual approach to improving outcomes / Okusa, M.D., for the ADQI 10 Workgroup -- Pathophysiology of the cardiorenal syndromes : executive summary from the eleventh onsensus conference of the Acute Dialysis Quality Initiative (ADQI) / McCullough, P.A., for the Acute Dialysis Quality Initiative (ADQI) Consensus Group.Pathogenesis of cardiorenal syndrome type 1 in acute decompensated heart failure : workgroup statements from the eleventh consensus conference of the Acute Dialysis Quality Initiative (ADQI) / Haase, M., for the Acute Dialysis Quality Initiative (ADQI) Consensus Group -- Pathophysiology of cardiorenal syndrome type 2 in stable chronic heart failure : workgroup statements from the eleventh consensus conference of the Acute Dialysis Quality Initiative (ADQI) / Cruz, D.N., ; for the Acute Dialysis Quality Initiative (ADQI) Consensus Group -- Cardiorenal syndrome type 3 : pathophysiologic and epidemiologic considerations / Bagshaw, S.M., for the Acute Dialysis Quality Initiative 11 Working Group -- Cardiorenal syndrome type 4 : insights on clinical presentation and pathophysiology from the eleventh consensus conference of the Acute Dialysis Quality Initiative (ADQI) / Tumlin, J.A., for the Acute Dialysis Quality Initiative (ADQI) 11 Consensus Group -- Cardiorenal syndrome type 5 : clinical presentation, pathophysiology, and management strategies from the eleventh consensus conference of the Acute Dialysis Quality Initiative (ADQI) / Mehta, R.L., for the Acute Dialysis Quality Initiative (ADQI) 11 Working Group.
- Aging kidney in health and disease 2008, Springer
- Biomarkers in kidney disease. 1st ed. 2011, ScienceDirectChapter 1. Characteristics of an Ideal Biomarker of Kidney Diseases / Michael R. Bennett, Prasad Devarajan -- Chapter 2. Statistical Considerations in Analysis and Interpretation of Biomarker Studies / Chirag R. Parikh, Heather Thiessen Philbrook -- Chapter 3. The Role of Metabolomics in the Study of Kidney Diseases and in the Development of Diagnostic Tools / Uwe Christians, Jeska Albuisson, Jost Klawitter, Jelena Klawitter -- Chapter 4. The Role of Proteomics in the Study of Kidney Diseases and in the Development of Diagnostic Tools / Uwe Christians, Stephanie McCrery, Jost Klawitter, Jelena Klawitter -- Chapter 5. Biomarkers in Acute Kidney Injury / Charles L. Edelstein, Sarah Faubel -- Chapter 6. Biomarkers in Kidney Transplantation / Alkesh Jani -- Chapter 7. Cystatin C as a Biomarker in Kidney Disease / Anders Grubb -- Chapter 8. Biomarkers of Renal Cancer / Naveen S. Vasudev, Rosamonde E. Banks -- Chapter 9. Urinary Proteomics and Candidate Biomarker Discovery for Diabetic Nephropathy / Michael L. Merchant, Jon B. Klein -- Chapter 10. Biomarkers in Glomerular Disease / John M. Arthur, Milos N. Budisavljevic, Michael G. Janech -- Chapter 11. Biomarkers in Preeclampsia / Ana Sofia Cerdeira, S. Ananth Karumanchi.
- Brain, stroke, and kidney 2013, KargerCerebral interaction and stroke / Toyoda, K. -- Inhibition of the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system for cerebrorenal protection / Lambers Heerspink, H.J. -- Obesity and heart failure as a mediator of the cerebrorenal interaction / Jindal, A., Whaley-Connell, A., Sowers, J.R. -- Subclinical cerebral abnormalities in chronic kidney disease / Yao, H. ... [et al.] -- Carotid atherosclerosis in kidney disease / Kokubo, Y. -- Kidney disease and cognitive function / Elias, M.F., Dore, G.A., Davey, A. -- Risk of stroke in kidney disease / Ninomiya, T. -- Role of 24-hour blood pressure management in preventing kidney disease and stroke / Nagai, M., Hoshide, S., Kario, K. -- Preventing stroke and systemic embolism in renal patients with atrial fibrillation : focus on anticoagulation / Ahmad, Y., Lip, G.Y.H. -- Stroke features and management in patients with chronic kidney disease / Kamouchi, M. -- Stroke feature and management in dialysis patients / Iseki, K. -- Thrombolysis and hyperacute reperfusion therapy for stroke in renal patients / Hirano, T. -- Antiplatelet therapy for preventing stroke in patients with chronic kidney disease / Kim, S.J., Bang, O.Y.
- Brenner & Rector's The Kidney. 7th ed. v. 1-2, 2004.
- Brenner & Rector's The Kidney. 8th ed. v. 1-2, 2008.
- Brenner & Rector's The Kidney. 9th ed. 2012, MD Consult
- Cardiorenal syndrome 2010, Springer
- Cardiorenal syndromes in critical care 2010, KargerPathophysiology of acute kidney injury -- Cardiorenal syndromes -- Organ crosstalk in multiple organ dysfunction syndromes -- Fluid assessment and management in the critically ill -- Practice of renal replacement therapy in the ICU -- Critical care nephrology issues -- Trials in acute kidney failure -- New horizons in critical care nephrology.
- Cardiovascular disorders in hemodialysis 2005, KargerHemodialysis, from early days to tomorrow / Ritz, E. ... [et al.] -- Mechanisms of solute transport in extracorporeal therapies / Ronco, C., Levin, N.W. -- Machines for hemodialysis / Polaschegg, H.-D. -- Mathematical model to characterize internal filtration / Fiore, G.B., Ronco, C. -- Extracorporeal sensing techniques / Schneditz, D. -- Water treatment for hemodialysis / Cappelli, G. ... [et al.] -- Online convective therapies / Santoro, A. ... [et al.] -- Selected lessons learned from the dialysis outcomes and practice patterns study (DOPPS) / Pisoni, R.L., Greenwood, R.N. -- What did we learn from the hemo study? / Greene, T. -- What are we expecting to learn from the MPO study? / Locatelli, F., Pozzoni, P., Di Filippo, S. -- A new initiative in nephrology: 'kidney disease: improving global outcomes / Lameire, N. ... [et al.] -- Is there a magic in long nocturnal dialysis? / Charra, B. -- Mid-dilution: the perfect balance between convection and diffusion / Santoro, A.; Gaggi, R. ... [et al.] --Sequential hemofiltration-hemodiafiltration technique / Amato, M. ... [et al.] -- Should nephrologists be in charge? / Konner, K. -- Challenges in interventional nephrology / Riella, M.C. -- Vascular access education, planning and percutaneous interventions by nephrologists / Asif, A., Merrill, D., Pennell, P. -- Whole body, single frequency bioimpedance / Piccoli, A. -- Use of segmental multifrequency bioimpedance spectroscopy in hemodialysis / Levin, N.W. ... [et al.] -- Cardiovascular risk in patients with end-stage renal disease / Wang, Y. ... [et al.] -- Improving removal of protein-bound retention solutes / Bammens, B., Evenepoel, P. -- Inflammation in end-stage renal disease / Stenvinkel, P. -- Interaction between nutrition and inflammation in hemodialysis patients / Kuhlmann, M.K., Levin, N.W. -- Monocytes from dialysis patients exhibit characteristics of senescent cells / Carracedo, J. ... [et al.] -- Modifiable risk factors for cardiovascular disease in CKD patients / Seibert, E., Kuhlmann, M.K., Levin, N.W. -- The cardiovascular burden of the dialysis patient / Bowry, S.K., Kuchinke-Kiehn, U., Ronco, C. -- Oxidative stress and reactive oxygen species / Galli, F. ... [et al.] -- Calcium, phosphorus and vitamin D disorders in uremia / Slatopolsky, E., Brown, A., Dusso, A. -- Cardiovascular calcification in end stage renal disease / Raggi, P. -- The mechanism of calcium deposition in soft tissues / Brancaccio, D., Cozzolino, M. -- Biosimilars, generic versions of the first generation of therapeutic proteins / Crommelin, D. ... [et al.] --Electrophysiological response to dialysis / Santoro, A. ... [et al.] -- Noninvasive assessment of vascular function / Schneditz, D., Kenner, T. -- New insights in uremic toxicity / Vanholder, R., Glorieux, G. -- Continuous renal replacement therapy for end-stage renal disease / Gura, V. ... [et al.] -- Slow continuous intravenous plasmapheresis (sciptm) / Handley, H.H. ... [et al.] -- Membraneless dialysis-is it possible? / Leonard, E.F., Cortell, S., Vitale, N.G.
- Cellular stress responses in renal diseases 2005, KargerInvolvement of stress proteins in renal diseases / Razzaque, M.S., Taguchi, T. -- Stress proteins in glomerular epithelial cell injury / Bijian, K., Cybulsky, A.V. -- Response of renal medullary cells to osmotic stress / Neuhofer, W., Beck, F.-X. -- Heat shock proteins in renal cell carcinomas / Atkins, D., Lichtenfels, R., Seliger, B. -- Heat shock protein 47 and renal fibrogenesis / Razzaque, M.S., Taguchi, T. -- Cytoprotective effects of heme oxygenase in acute renal failure / Akagi, R., Takahashi, T., Sassa, S. -- Heat shock (stress response) proteins and renal ischemia/reperfusion injury / Kelly, K.J. -- Cisplatin-associated nephrotoxicity and pathological events / Taguchi, T. ... [et al.] -- Oxidant stress in renal pathophysiology / Abid, A.R., Razzaque, M.S., Taguchi, T. -- Heat shock proteins and allograft rejection / Pockley, A.G.; Muthana, M.
- Clinical aspects and laboratory. 6th, rev. and updated ed. 2011, Springer
- Clinical decisions in pediatric nephrology 2008, SpringerPreface -- Fluid and Electrolyte Disorders -- Acid-Base Disturbances -- Disorders of Divalent Ion Metabolism -- Nephrolithiasis -- Hypertension -- Acute Renal Failure -- Hereditary Nephritis and Genetic Disorders -- Glomerular, Vascular and Tubulo-Interstitial Diseases -- Chronic Kidney Disease -- Renal Osteodystrophy -- End-Stage Renal Disease and Dialysis -- Transplantation -- Index.
- Clinical management of renal tumors 2008, Springer
- Complement and kidney disease 2006, Springer
- Controversies in acute kidney injury 2011, Karger
- Core Concepts in Renal Transplantation 2012, Springer1. Transplantation Immunobiology / Melissa Yeung -- 2. Basic Histocompatibility Testing Methods / Kathryn J. Tinckam -- 3. Medical Evaluation of the Living Kidney Donor / Julie Lin -- 4. Evaluation of Renal Transplant Candidates / Martina M. McGrath and Mario F. Rubin -- 5. Surgical Management of the Renal Transplant Recipient / Sayeed K. Malek and Stefan G. Tullius -- 6. Overview of Immunosuppressive Therapies in Renal Transplantation / Steven Gabardi and Eric M. Tichy -- 7. Allograft Dysfunction: Diagnosis and Management / Colm C. Magee -- 8. Approach to Medical Complications After Kidney Transplantation / John Vella -- 9. Infectious Complications in Renal Transplant Recipients / Erik R. Dubberke and Daniel C. Brennan -- 10. Recurrent and De Novo Glomerulonephritis After Kidney Transplantation / Austin Hunt and Mark D. Denton.
- CT urography 2007, Ovid
- Daily and nocturnal hemodialysis 2004, KargerThe history and rationale of daily and nightly hemodialysis / Blagg, C.R. ... [et al.] -- Requirements of an in-center daily hemodialysis program / Ting, G.O., White, S., Lindsay, R. -- Technical requirements of a home hemodialysis program / Morgan, D., Schlaeper, C., Lockridge, R.S. -- Patient recruitment and selection / Ting, G.O., Leitch, R.E., Ouwendyk, M. -- Patient training and education / Leitch, R., Ouwendyk, M. -- Vascular access / Leitch, R.E., Ouwendyk, M., Lindsay, R.M. -- Cardiovascular risk factor modification with quotidian hemodialysis / Nesrallah, G.E., Chan, C.T., Buoncristiani, U. -- Calcium and phosphorus control / Lindsay, R.M., Pierratos, A., Lockridge, R.S.Management of anemia / Rao, M., Muirhead, N., Buoncristiani, U. -- Dialysis prescription and dose monitoring in frequent hemodialysis / Suri, R.S., Depner, T., Lindsay, R.M. -- Nutrition / Spanner, E., Lindsay, R.M. -- Quality of life / Heidenheim, A.P., Kooistra, M.P., Lindsay, R.M. -- A business model approach to quotidian hemodialysis / Kroeker, A.D., McFarlane, P., Mohr, P. -- Patient testimonials--"back in the land of the living"--as told by quotidian hemodialysis patients / Lindsay, R.M.
- Diabetes and the kidney 2011, Karger
- Diseases of the parathyroid glands 2012, Springer1.Molecular Mechanisms of Parathyroid Hormone Synthesis /Tally Naveh-Many and Morris Nechama --2.Regulation of Calcium and Phosphate Metabolism /Arthur D. Conigrave --3.Diagnosis and Treatment of the Patient with Abnormal Calcium /Elizabeth H. Holt --4.The Calcium-Sensing Receptor: Physiology and Pathophysiology /Friedhelm Raue and Christine Haag --5.New Concepts for Primary and Secondary Hyperparathyroidism /Joachim Beige and Peter Lamesch --6.Calcific Uremic Arteriolopathy (Calciphylaxis) /Earl H. Rudolph and Edgar V. Lerma --7.Cystic Parathyroid Lesions /Jean-François Henry and Maurizio Iacobone --8.Parathyroid Cancer /Maurizio Iacobone and Jean-François Henry --9.Biochemistry, Physiology, and Pathophysiology of Parathyroid Hormone-Related Peptide /Bandana Chakravarti, Shailendra K. Dhar Dwivedi, Ambrish Mithal and Naibedya Chattopadhyay --10.Ectopic Parathyroid Glands /Jean-François Henry and Maurizio Iacobone --11.Hyperparathyroidism in Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia /Syeda S. Zaidi, Vipul T. Lakhani and James T. Broome --12.Familial Hypocalciuric Hypercalcemia /Ogo I. Egbuna and Edward M. Brown --13.Hyperparathyroidism-Jaw Tumor Syndrome /Andrew C. Calabria and Michael A. Levine --14.Hypoparathyroidism and Pseudohypoparathyroidism /Rajesh V. Thakker --15.Primary Hyperparathyroidism in Neonates and Children /Eric Mallet and Mireille Castanet --16.Hypoparathyroidism in Children /Anne Lienhardt-Roussie and Agnès Linglart --17.Parathormone Resistance in Children /Agnès Linglart and Eric Mallet --18.The Use of Ultrasonography in the Management of Parathyroid Diseases /Zvonimir L. Milas and Mira Milas --19.Imaging in Parathyroid Diseases /Donald R. Neumann and Joyce J. Shin --20.Parathyroid Surgery /Zvonimir L. Milas and Mira Milas.
- Disinfection by sodium hypochlorite 2007, KargerAntisepsis / Bianchi, P; Buoncristiani, E.; Buoncristiani, U. (Perugia) -- Sodium hypochlorite: history, properties, electrochemical production / Ponzano, G.P (Genova) -- Toxicity and safety of topical sodium hypochlorite / Bruch, M.K. (Hamilton, Va.) -- Disinfection of the dialysis monitors / Ghezzi, P.M. (Montemassi); Bonello, M. (Anagni); Ronco, C. (Vicenza) -- Biofilm on artificial surfaces / Cappelli, G. ... [et al.] -- Compatibility of electrolytically produced sodium hypochlorite solutions on long-term implanted dialysis catheters / Mishkin, G.J. (Gaithersburg, Md.) -- Hemodialysis catheter exit site care / Astle, C.M. (Edmonton) -- Effectiveness of sodium hypochlorite in the prevention of catheter related infections / Cruz, D.N. ... [et al.] -- Use of sodium hypochlorite in peritoneal dialysis : the genesis of the 'Y' set and beyond / Buoncristiani, U.; Buoncristiani, E.; Bianchi, P. (Perugia) -- Exit-site care in peritoneal dialysis / Wadhwa, N.K.; Reddy, G.H. (Stony Brook, N.Y.) -- Successful use of sodium hypochlorite pack plus systemic and local antibiotic therapy for the treatment of pseudomonas infection of peritoneal dialysis catheter exit-site / Rodighiero, M.P. ... [et al.] -- Disinfection of lines and transfer sets in peritoneal dialysis / Lew, S.Q.; Gruia, A. (Washington, D.C.) -- Amuchina 10% solution, safe antiseptic for preventing infections of exit-site of tenckhoff catheters, in the pediatric population of a dialysis program / Mendoza-Guevara, L. ... [et al.] -- Risk of peritonitis among disadvantaged CAPD patients in Mexico / Garcia-Garcia, G. ... [et al.].
- Endocrine hypertension 2013, Springer
- Endothelin in renal physiology and disease 2011, Karger
- Endotoxemia and endotoxin shock 2010, KargerEndotoxin in the pathogenesis of sepsis / Marshall, J.C. -- Endotoxins and other sepsis triggers / Opal, S.M. -- Rationale of extracorporeal removal of endotoxin in sepsis : theory, timing and technique / Ronco, C., Piccinni, P., Kellum, J. -- Extracorporeal removal of endotoxin : the polymyxin B-immobilized fiber cartridge / Tani, T. ... [et al.] -- Mechanisms of polymyxin B endotoxin removal from extracorporeal blood flow : molecular interactions / Vesentini, S. ... [et al.] -- Mechanisms of polymyxin B endotoxin removal from extracorporeal blood flow : hydrodynamics of sorption / Fiore, G.B. ... [et al.] -- Endotoxin removal by polymyxin B immobilized cartridge inactivates circulating proapoptotic factors / Martin, E.L., Ranieri, V.M. -- Polymyxin-B hemoperfusion and endotoxin removal : lessons from a review of the literature / Cruz, D.N. ... [et al.] -- PMX endotoxin removal in the clinical practice : results from the EUPHAS trial / Antonelli, M. ... [et al.] on behalf of the EUPHAS Study Group -- Early management of endotoxemia using the endotoxin activity assay and polymyxin B-based hemoperfusion / Novelli, G. ... [et al.] -- Endotoxin activity level and septic shock : a possible role for specific anti-endotoxin therapy? / Monti, G. ... [et al.] -- Endotoxin removal : how far from the evidence? : from EUPHAS to EUPHRATES / Rachoin, J.-S. ... [et al.] -- Endotoxin removal : how far from the evidence? : the EUPHAS 2 project / Martin, E.L. ... [et al.].
- Essentials of percutaneous dialysis interventions 2011, SpringerIntroduction -- Fistula First, K/DOQI and Documentation -- The Dialysis Outcomes and Practice Pattern Study (DOPPS): Lessons for Interventionalists -- Controversies in Vascular Access Monitoring and Surveillance -- Clinical Relevance of Vascular Access Monitoring and Surveillance -- Molecular Mechanisms of Hemodialysis Graft Failure -- The Vascular Access Coordinator -- The Procedure Room, Equipment and Radiation Safety -- Patient Considerations and Preparation -- Patient Monitoring, Sedation and Post-Procedure Care -- Sterile Technique -- Contrast Agents -- Dialysis Catheters -- Dialysis Grafts Versus Fistulas -- Commonality of Interventions in AV Accesses -- Interventions in Dialysis Grafts -- Interventions in Dialysis Fistulas -- The Immature or Failure to Mature Fistula -- Cephalic Arch Stenosis -- Central Venous Interventions -- Hemodialysis Access Interventions: An Asian Perspective -- Pediatric Hemodialysis Interventions -- Puncture Site Management -- No Remaining Venous Access -- Radiologic Peritoneal Dialysis Catheter Insertion and Troubleshooting -- Complications and Possible Solutions -- On-Label, Off-Label, Misconceptions and Devices that Do not Work -- Publications of Hemodialysis Interventions: What Is Relevant? -- Interesting Cases.
- Exercise-induced acute renal failure 2007, Springer
- Experimental models for renal diseases 2011, KargerOur understanding of the pathogenesis of renal diseases and the ability to accurately classify and diagnose them has improved considerably over the last two decades. Until now, however, this information has not been available in a single, up-to-date and succinct yet comprehensive source. The publication at hand aims at filling this gap, condensing a vast amount of information into easily accessible chapters. After a discussion of basic concepts and principles of renal tissue reactions to injurious agents using a specific cell/compartment approach, a multitude of disorders are looked at, including renal interstitial fibrosis, glomerulosclerosis, various forms of glomerulonephritis and nephropathy, amyloidosis and renal Fanconi syndrome. Some of the chapters address controversial subjects, reporting the current situation and showing areas of future potential research interest. At the end of many of the contributions, a summary is provided, often in the form of a chart to facilitate the understanding of the information and to make it most useful for didactic purposes. This book is intended for students of various disciplines, as well as clinicians and investigators and all those trying to correlate basic research information with clinical issues.
- Factors influencing mammalian kidney development 2008, Springer
- Fluid overload 2010, Karger"Fluid overload is often observed in patients with heart failure and secondary oliguric states. A thorough assessment of the fluid status of the patient may help guide the therapy and prevent complications induced by inappropriate therapeutic strategies. The present publication is divided into four parts: Definition and Classification, Pathophysiology, Diagnosis and Therapy."--Website.
- Fundamentals of renal pathology 2006, SpringerRenal anatomy and basic concepts and methods in renal pathology / Arthur H. Cohen -- Membranous glomerulopathy / Jan A. Bruijn -- Membranoproliferative glomerulonephritis / Agnes B. Fogo -- Minimal change disease and focal segmental glomerulosclerosis / Agnes B. Fogo -- Postinfectious glomerulonephritis / Jan A. Bruijn -- Immunoglobulin A nephropathy and Henoch-Schönlein purpura / J. Charles Jennette -- Thin basement membranes and Alport's syndrome / Agnes B. Fogo -- Lupus glomerulonephritis / Jan A. Bruijn -- Crescentic glomerulonephritis and vasculitis / J. Charles Jennette -- Nephrosclerosis and hypertension / Agnes B. Fogo -- Thrombotic microangiopathies / Agnes B. Fogo -- Diabetic nephropathy / J. Charles Jennette -- Acute interstitial nephritis / Arthur H. Cohen -- Chronic interstitial nephritis / Arthur H. Cohen -- Acute tubular necrosis / Arthur H. Cohen -- Bence Jones cast nephropathy / Arthur H. Cohen -- Monoclonal immunoglobulin deposition disease / Arthur H. Cohen -- Amyloidosis / Arthur H. Cohen -- Other diseases with organized deposits / Arthur H. Cohen -- Allograft rejection / Robert B. Colvin -- Calcineurin inhibitor toxicity, polyoma virus, and recurrent disease / Robert B. Colvin.
- Gene therapy for renal diseases and transplantation 2008, KargerRenal diseases as targets of gene therapy / Phillips, B., Giannoukakis, N., Trucco, M. -- Non-viral gene delivery / Akital, H., Harashima, H -- Retrovirus vectors for gene delivery / Lech, P., Somia N.V -- Adenovirus vectors for renal targeted gene delivery / Appledorn, D.M., Seregin, S., Amalfitano, A. -- Adeno-associated virus vectors: versatile tools for in vivo gene transfer / Zentilin, L., Giacca, M. -- RNA interference in research and therapy of renal diseases / Rácz, Z., Hamar, P -- Gene therapy for acute renal failure / Torras, J., Cruzado, J.M., Grinyo, J.M -- Chronic deteriorating renal function and renal fibrosis / Isaka, Y., Takahara, S., Imai, E. -- Allograft rejection: acute and chronic studies / Tomasoni, S., Remuzzi, G., Benigni, A. -- Gene therapy for renal cancer / Haviv, Y.S., Curiel, D.T -- HIV-associated nephropathy / Wyatt, C.M., Rosenstiel, P.E., Klotman, P.E.
- Handbook of dialysis. 4th ed. 2007, Ovid
- Handbook of kidney transplantation. 4th ed. 2005, OvidOptions for patients with kidney failure / William G. Goodman and Gabriel M. Danovitch -- Transplantation immunobiology / Didier A. Mandelbrot and Mohamed H. Sayegh -- Histocompatibility testing, cross-matching, and allocation of kidney transplants / J. Michael Cecka and Elaine F. Reed -- Immunosuppressive medications and protocols for kidney transplantation / Gabriel M. Danovitch -- Medical and surgical aspects of kidney donation / Elizabeth Kendrick ... [et al.] -- Evaluation and preparation of renal transplant candidates / Nauman Siddqi and Sundaram Hariharan -- The transplant operation and its surgical complications / Jennifer Singer, H. Albin Gritsch, and J. Thomas Rosenthal -- The first three posttransplant months / William J.C. Amend, Jr., Flavio Vincenti, and Stephen J. Tomlanovich -- Long-term posttransplant management and complications / Meena Sahadevan and Bertram Kasiske-- Infections in kidney transplantation / Bernard M. Kubak ... [et al.] -- Kidney transplantation and liver disease / Fabrizio Fabrizi, Suphamai Bunnapradist, and Paul Martin -- Diagnostic imaging in kidney transplantation / Peter Zimmerman, Nagesh Ragavendra, and Christiaan Schiepers -- Pathology of kidney transplantation / Cynthia C. Nast and Arthur H. Cohen -- Kidney and pancreas transplantation in diabetic patients / John D. Pirsch, Hans W. Sollinger, and Craig Smith -- Kidney transplantation in children / Samhar I. al-Akash and Robert B. Ettenger -- Psychiatric aspects of kidney transplantation / Kirk Murphy -- Ethical and legal issues surrounding kidney transplantation / Robyn S. Shapiro -- Nutrition in the kidney transplant recipient / Susan Weil Guichard -- Psychosocial and financial aspects of transplantation / Robert S. Gaston, Marci H. Gitlin.
- Handbook of renal biopsy pathology. 2nd ed. 2008, Springer
- Hemodiafiltration 2007, KargerThe birth of hemodiafiltration / L.W. Henderson -- Evolution of hemodiafiltration / C. Ronco -- Solute removal by hollow-fiber dialyzers / W.R. Clark, E. Rocha, C. Ronco -- Fluid mechanics and crossfiltration in hollow-fiber hemodialyzers / C. Ronco -- Mechanisms of solute and fluid removal in hemodiafiltration / A.C. Yamashita -- Membranes and filters for haemodiafiltration / N.A. Hoenich -- Technical aspects of online hemodiafiltration / H.-D. Polaschegg, T. Roy -- Quality of water, dialysate and infusate / G. Cappelli ... [et al.] -- Fluids in bags for hemodiafiltration / I. Ledebo -- Hemodiafiltration with endogenous reinfusion / M.L. Wratten, P.M. Ghezzi -- Low- (classical) and high-efficiency haemodiafiltration / V. Wizemann -- Online hemodiafiltration : technical options and best clinical practices / B. Canaud -- Mixed-dilution hemodiafiltration / L.A. Pedrini, S. Zerbi --Paired hemodiafiltration / F. Pizzarelli -- Acetate-free biofiltration / A. Santoro ... [et al.] -- Mid-dilution : an innovative high-quality and safe haemodiafiltration approach / J. Potier -- Double high-flux hemodiafiltration / B. von Albertini -- Push/pull hemodiafiltration / T. Shinzato, K. Maeda -- Principles and practice of internal hemodiafiltration / G.B. Fiore, C. Ronco -- Clinical aspects of haemodiafiltration / F. Locatelli, S. Di Filippo, C. Manzoni -- The biological response to online hemodiafiltration / V. Panichi, C. Tetta -- Clearance of beta-2-microglobulin and middle molecules in haemodiafiltration / J. Tattersall -- Inflammation and hemodiafiltration / R. Ramirez, A. Martin-Malo, P. Aljama -- Effect of online hemodiafiltration on morbidity and mortality of chronic kidney disease patients / B. Canaud -- Optimizing the prescription of hemodiafiltration / F. Maduell.
- Hemodialysis 2011, KargerThis book contains notable contributions from the well-known Vicenza course on hemodialysis and miniaturized wearable devices for renal replacement therapy. The main themes covered in this publication include cardio-renal syndromes as well as new technologies in hemodialysis, new dialysis membranes and techniques, the importance of vitamin D receptors in renal and extra-renal physiology, and the control of risk factors such as blood pressure and lipid disorders. Special interest is placed on new models of organization including large dialysis networks and health care economics. Moreover, acute kidney injury and its impact on the subsequent development of chronic kidney disease are discussed together with the use of modern biomarkers. Microfluidics, nanotechnology and miniaturized dialysis devices suitable for wearable ambulatory treatments are also covered in depth. The publication at hand is a useful tool for consultation by the clinician as well as for those involved in the care of patients with end-stage kidney disease.
- Hemodialysis 2008, Karger
- Hemodialysis technology 2002, Karger
- Hepatitis C : epidemiology, diagnosis, natural history, and therapy / S. Pol ... [et al.] -- Hepatitis C and renal disease : epidemiology, diagnosis, pathogenesis, and therapy / J.M. Morales, N. Kamar, L. Rostaing -- Hepatitis C-induced renal disease in patients with AIDS : an emergent problem / M. Praga, E. Gutirrez Solis, E. Morales -- Hepatitis C in hemodialysis : epidemiology and prevention of hepatitis C virus transmission / M. Jadoul, G. Barril -- Hepatitis C-related liver disease in dialysis patients / F. Fabrizi... [et al.] -- Treatment of hepatitis C in dialysis patients / N. Esforzado, J.M. Campistol -- Selection and management of hepatitis C virus-infected patients for the kidney transplant waiting list / D. Roth, R. Bloom -- Kidney transplantation in the patient with hepatitis C virus infection / J.M. Morales, R. Bloom, D. Roth -- Treatment of hepatitis C virus infection after kidney transplantation / L. Rostaing ... [et al.] -- Immunosuppression in hepatitis C virus-infected patients after kidney transplantation / O. Manuel ... [et al.] -- Impact of extrahepatic complications (diabetes and glomerulonephritis) associated with hepatitis C virus infection after renal transplantation / J.M. Cruzado, O. Bestard, J.M. Grinycent -- Renal transplantation from donors with a positive serology for hepatitis C / B. Domínguez-Gil ... [et al.].
- Renal anatomy and histology -- Development of the kidney -- Primer on the pathologic diagnosis of renal disease -- The nephrotic syndrome and minimal change disease -- Focal segmental glomerulosclerosis -- Membranous glomerulonephritis -- Membranoproliferative glomerulonephritis -- Acute postinfectious glomerulonephritis and glomerulonephritis caused by presistent bacterial infection -- Renal injury associated with human immunodeficiency virus infection -- IgA nephropathy and henoch-schhönlein purpura nephritis -- Alport's syndrome, thin basement membrane nephropathy, nail-patella syndrome, the type III collagen glomerulopathy -- Renal disease in systemic lupus erythematosus, mixed connective tissue disease, Sjögren's syndrome, and rheumatoid arthritis -- Anti-glomerular basement membrane glomerulonephritis and goodpasture's sndrome -- Pauci-immune and antineutrophil cytoplasmic autoantibody-mediated crescentic glomerulonephritis and vasculitis -- Renal involvement in polyarteritis nodosa, Kawasaki disease, takayasu arteritis and giant cell arteritis -- Hemolytic uremic syndrome, thrombotic thromboyctopenic purpura, and other thrombotic microangiopathies -- Renal diseases in pregnancy -- Diabetic nephropathy -- Renal dieases associated with plasma cell dyscrasias, amyloidoses, waldenström macroglobulinemia, and cryoglobulinemic nephropathies -- Glomercular diseases with organized deposits -- Renal disease caused by hypertension -- Pyelonephritis and other infections, reflux nephropathy, hydronephrosis, and nephrolithiasis -- Acute and chronic tubulointerstitial nephritis -- Ischemic and toxic acute tubular injury and other ischemic renal injury -- Renal disease caused by familial metabolic and hematologic diseases -- Cystic diseases and development kidney defects -- End-stage renal disease -- Renal transplant pathology -- Renal neoplasms.
- High-performance membrane dialyzers 2011, KargerDefinition of high-performance membranes -- from the clinical point of view / A. Saito -- Solute removal efficiency and biocompatibility of the high-performance membrane -- from engineering points of view / K. Sakai, M. Matsuda -- Biocompatible characteristics of high-performance membranes / S. Uda, M. Mizobuchi, T. Akizawa -- Selection guidelines for high-performance membrane / T. Sanaka, M. Koremoto -- Preferred performance of the high-performance membrane in the case of online hemodiafiltration / H. Kawanishi -- Preferred dialysis fluid for the high-performance membrane / T. Tomo -- Required water quality for the use of high-performance membranes / I. Aoike -- Clinical outcomes of the high-performance membrane dialyzer / Y. Koda -- Endotoxin and bacterial level of dialysate fluid quality / Y. Isakozawa, S. Takesawa, V. David -- Albumin loss under the use of the high-performance membrane / K. Tsuchida, J. Minakuchi -- Choice of modality with the use of high-performance membrane / I. Masakane -- Mass transfer mechanisms in high-performance membrane dialyzers / A.C. Yamashita -- Fluid and solute transfer characteristics in a dialyzer with a high-performance membrane / M. Mineshima -- Contribution of polysulfone membranes to the success of convective dialysis therapies / S.K. Bowry, E. Gatti, J. Vienken -- AN69 : evolution of the world's first high permeability membrane / M. Thomas, K. Moriyama, I. Ledebo -- Polyethersulfone as a high-performance membrane / D.H. Krieter, H.-D. Lemke -- Polymethylmethacrylate membrane with a series of serendipity / Y. Sakaiu -- Polyester polymer alloy as a high-performance membrane / T. Igoshi ... [et al.] -- Cellulose triacetate as a high-performance membrane / T. Sunohara, T. Masuda -- Ethylene vinyl alcohol co-polymer as a high-performance membrane : an EVOH membrane with excellent biocompatibility / A. Nakano -- Sustained high-efficiency daily diafiltration using a mediator-adsorbing membrane (SHEDD-fA) in the treatment of patients with severe sepsis / O. Nishida ... [et al.] -- Comparison of efficacy between continuous hemodiafiltration with a PMMA high-performance membrane dialyzer and a pan membrane hemofilter in the treatment of septic shock patients with acute renal failure / K. Matsuda ... [et al.] -- Commercially available high-performance membrane dialyzers and several special kinds on the Japanese market (as of April 30, 2011) / A.C. Yamashita.
- Home dialysis in Japan 2012, KargerA kinetic model for peritoneal dialysis and its application for complementary dialysis therapy / Yamashita, A.C. -- How automated peritoneal dialysis is applied and maintained in Japan / Nakamoto, H. -- Introduction and maintenance program for PD based on PD guidelines for Japan / Nakayama, M. -- Appropriate drug dosing in patients receiving peritoneal dialysis / Hirata, S., Kadowaki, D. -- Surgical and medical treatments of encapsulation peritoneal sclerosis / Kawanishi, H. -- Application of peritoneal dialysis in elderly patients by classifying the age into young-old, old, and oldest-old / Hiramatsu, M. ... [et al.] -- Maintenance of continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis in elderly patients / Ishida, M. -- Role of nurses in a continuous ambulatory peritoneal diagnosis outpatient clinic / Kimura, Y., Inoue, T., Suzuki, H. -- Combination therapy with hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis / Suzuki, H. ... [et al.] -- Implementation of a cooperative program for peritoneal dialysis / Okada, K., Abe, M., Soma, M. -- Care for patients carrying out dialysis therapy at home / Imada, A. -- Perspectives on home hemodialysis in Japan / Maeda, K., Nakai, S. -- Current international status of home hemodialysis / Saito, A. ... [et al.] -- Future home hemodialysis : advantages of the NxStage System One / Takahashi, S. -- Introduction to home hemodialysis / Ogawa, H. -- Overnight home hemodialysis : eight patients and six years of experience in Sakairumi clinics / Tanaka, H. ... [et al.] -- Practice of home hemodialysis in dialysis clinic / Tomita, K. -- Perspective of home hemodialysis in Japan / Narikiyo, T., Nakamoto, M. -- Role of clinical engineers in home hemodialysis / Ohhashi, N. ... [et al.] -- Daily hemodialysis improves uremia-associated clinical parameters in the short term / Kojima, E. ... [et al.] -- Development of a nanotechnology-based dialysis device / Kanno, Y., Miki, N.
- Humoral immunity in kidney transplantation 2009, KargerClinical relevance of preformed HLA donor-specific antibodies in kidney transplantation / C. Lefaucheur ... [et al.] -- Therapeutic strategies in management of the highly HLA-sensitized and ABO-incompatible transplant recipients / S.C. Jordan ... [et al.] -- Posttransplant immunosuppression in highly sensitized patients / E. Akalin -- Rapid accomodation of an A1 renal allograft after preconditioning for ABO-incompatible transplantation / G. Allen ... [et al.] -- ABO-incompatible kidney transplantation with antigen-specific immunoadsorption and rituximab / M. Geyer ... [et al.] -- Evaluation of two different preconditioning regimens for ABO-incompatible living kidney donor transplantation : a comparison of splenectomy vs. rituximab-treated non-splenectomy preconditioning regimens / K. Tanabe ... [et al.].Pathology of chronic humoral rejection / R.B. Colvin -- De novo anti-HLA antibody responses after renal transplantation : detection and clinical impact / M. Seveso ... [et al.] -- The emerging issue of MICA antibodies : antibodies to MICA and other antigens of endothelial cells / P. Stastny ... [et al.] -- Development of non-donor-specific HLA antibodies after kidney transplantation : frequency and clinical implications / D. Briggs, D. Zehnder, R.M. Higgins -- Control of anti-donor antibody production post-transplantation : conventional and novel immunosuppressive therapies / J.M. Cruzado, O. Bestard, J.M. Grinyó -- Non-HLA antibodies post-transplantation: clinical relevance and treatment in solid organ transplantation / D. Dragun, B. Hegner.
- Hyperuricemic syndromes 2005, KargerPurine metabolism and hyperuricemic states: 'The point of view of the rheumatologist' / G. Peronato -- Inherited hyperuricemic disorders / W.L. Nyhan -- Pharmacology of drugs for hyperuricemia: mechanisms, kinetics and interactions / F. Pea -- Hyperuricemic syndromes in cancer patients / A.-M. Tsimberidou, M.J. Keating -- Incidence and pathogenesis of tumor lysis syndrome / F. Locatelli, F. Rossi -- Recombinant urate oxidase (rasburicase) in the prophylaxis and treatment of tumor lysis syndrome / S. Jeha, C.-H. Pui -- Treatment and prevention of tumor lysis syndrome in children: experience of Associazione Italiana Ematologia Oncologia Pediatrica / A. Pession, E. Barbieri -- Intensive chemotherapy in patients with lymphoma: management of the risk of hyperuricemia / C. Tarella ... [et al.] -- Hyperuricemia and bone marrow transplantation / G. Lambertenghi Deliliers, C. Annaloro --Rasburicase therapy in acute hyperuricemia and renal dysfunction / C. Ronco ... [et al.] -- Hyperuricemia in kidney transplantation / N. Perico ... [et al.] -- Uric acid elimination in the urine: pathophysiological implications / M. Marangella -- Pharmacological treatment of acute and chronic hyperuricemia in kidney diseased patients / G. Bellinghieri, D. Santoro, V. Savica -- Pharmacological treatment of acute renal failure in intensive care unit patients / D. Moreau.
- IgA nephropathy today 2007, Karger
- Imaging of kidney cancer 2006, Springer
- Kidney 2003, ScienceDirect
- Kidney and blood pressure regulation 2004, Karger
- Kidney cancer 2012, Springer
- Kidney in plasma cell dyscrasias 2007, KargerThe kidney in plasma cell dyscrasias: a current view and a look at the future / Herrera, G.A. -- A history of the kidney in plasma cell disorders / Steensma, D.P., Kyle, R.A. -- Patholigic studies useful for the diagnosis and monitoring of plasma cell dyscrasias / Veillon, D.M., Cotelingam, J.D. -- Serum free light chains in the diagnosis and monitoring of patients with plasma cell dyscrasias / Mayo, M.M., Schaef Johns, G. -- Mechanisms of renal damage in plasma cell dyscrasias: an overview / Merlini, G., Pozzi, C. -- Proximal tubular injury in myeloma / Batuman, V. -- Paraproteinemic renal diseases that involve the tubulo-interstitium / Herrera, G.A., Sanders, P.W. -- The mesangium as a target for glomerulopathic light and heavy chains: pathogenic considerations in light and heavy chain-mediated glomerular damage / Keeling, J., Herrera, G.A. -- Immunoglobulin light and heavy chain amyloidosis AL/AH: renal pathology and differential diagnosis / Picken, M.M. -- Diversity and diversification of light chains in myeloma: the specter of amyloidogenesis by proxy / Gu, M., Wilton, R., Stevens, F.J. -- High-dose therapy in patients with plasma cell dyscrasias and renal dysfunction / Pineda-Roman, M., Tricot, G. -- Current and emerging views and treatments of systemic immunoglobulin light-chain (AL) amyloidosis / Comenzo, R.L.
- Kidney in systemic autoimmune diseases. 1st ed. 2007, ScienceDirectThis volume brings together an international group of clinicians and clinical scientists to contribute to a state-of the-art review of the underlying pathogenic mechanisms, methods of clinical assessment, classification and diagnosis of renal disease, combined with a detailed overview of treatment strategies. An essential reference source for all those involved with the care of patients with renal involvement in systemic autoimmune disease, and for those contributing to research into the underlying pathogenic mechanisms in these disorders.
- Kidney research 2009, Springer ProtocolsIsolation and propagation of glomerular mesangial cells / Paolo Mené and Antonella Stoppacciaro -- Isolation and primary culture of human proximal tubule cells / David A. Vesey ... [et al.] -- Propagation and culture of renal fibroblasts / Lauren Grimwood and Rosemary Masterson -- Small animal models of kidney disease : a review / Tim D. Hewitson, Takahiko Ono, and Gavin J. Becker -- Measurement of glomerular filtration rate in conscious mice / Zhonghua Qi and Matthew D. Breyer -- Laser capture microdissection of kidney tissue / Robert P. Woroniecki and Erwin P. Bottinger -- Quantitative gene expression analysis in kidney tissues / Chris Tikellis ... [et al.] -- In vivo imaging of leukocyte recruitment to glomeruli in mice using intravital microscopy / A. Richard Kitching, Michael P. Kuligowski, and Michael J. Hickey -- Using in situ hybridization to localize renal gene expression in tissue sections / Ian A. Darby, Alexis Desmoulière, and Tim D. Hewitson -- Immuno and lectin histochemistry for renal light microscopy / Tim D. Hewitson and Lauren Grimwood -- Immuno and lectin histochemistry for renal electron microscopy / Mitsuru Nakajima -- Pimonidazole adduct immunohistochemistry in the rat kidney : detection of tissue hypoxia / Christian Rosenberger ... [et al.] -- Identification of apoptosis in kidney tissue sections / Glenda Gobe -- Cell-populated floating collagen lattices : an in vitro model of parenchymal contraction / Kristen J. Kelynack -- Mechanical stretch-induced signal transduction in cultured mesangial cells / Joan Krepinsky -- Determination of collagen content, concentration, and sub-types in kidney tissue / Chrishan S. Samuel -- SELDI-TOF mass spectrometry-based protein profiling of kidney tissue / Eleni Giannakis ... [et al.] -- In vivo transfer of small interfering RNA or small hairpin RNA targeting glomeruli / Yoshitsugu Takabatake, Yoshitaka Isaka, and Enyu Imai.
- Kidney transplantation 2010, SpringerTen Things Not to Do / Dianne B. McKay and Steven M. Steinberg -- The Transplant Procedure: Surgical Techniques and Complications / Barry J. Browne -- What Is Transplant Immunology and Why Are Allografts Rejected? / Dianne B. McKay, Ken Park and David Perkins -- What Is Histocompatibility Testing and How Is It Done? / Edgar L. Milford and Indira Guleria -- Kidney Allocation: Role of UNOS and OPOs / Patricia L. Adams, Walter K. Graham and Susan Gunderson -- Live Donors: How to Optimally Protect the Donor / Robert Steiner -- Laparoscopic Donor Nephrectomy: Essentials for the Nephrologist / Arturo Martinez -- New Sources in Living Kidney Donation / Ruthanne L. Hanto, Alvin E. Roth, M. Utku Ünver and Francis L. Delmonico -- What Are Immunosuppressive Medications? How Do They Work? What Are Their Side Effects? / Peter Chung-Wen Chang and Donald E. Hricik -- Optimizing Immunosuppression / Alexander C. Wiseman and James E. Cooper -- Evaluation of Renal Allograft Dysfunction / Robert S. Gaston -- The Kidney Transplant Biopsy / Jose R. Torrealba and Milagros D. Samaniego -- Evaluation of the Kidney Transplant Candidate and Follow-Up of the Listed Patient / Roy D. Bloom and Alden M. Doyle -- The Acute Care of the Transplant Recipient / Phuong-Thu T. Pham, Phuong-Chi T. Pham and Gabriel M. Danovitch -- Post-transplant Cardiovascular Disease / Phuong-Anh T. Pham, Carmen Slavov, Phuong-Thu T. Pham and Alan H. Wilkinson -- Diabetes Mellitus and Transplantation: Risks for Post-transplant Diabetes / Phuong-Thu T. Pham, Phuong-Mai T. Pham and Alan H. Wilkinson -- Infections in Kidney Transplant Recipients / Carlos A.Q. Santos and Daniel C. Brennan -- Malignancies Before and After Transplantation / Mary B. Prendergast and Roslyn B. Mannon -- Bone Disease in Renal Transplantation / Bradford Lee West, Stuart M. Sprague and Michelle A. Josephson -- Sexuality and Pregnancy Before and After Kidney Transplantation / Martha Pavlakis and Dianne B. McKay -- Socioeconomic Issues and the Transplant Recipient / Mary Beth Callahan and Connie L. Davis -- Adherence to the Immunosuppressive Regimen in Adult and Pediatric Kidney Transplant Recipients / Fabienne Dobbels and Richard N. Fine -- Transitioning Between Pediatric and Adult Clinics / Elizabeth Ingulli.
- Kidney transplantation 2005, KargerRenal transplantation / Cardillo, M., et al. -- Kidney transplantation in the hyperimmunized patient / Gloor, J. -- Chronic induction : what's new in the pipeline / Vincenti, F. -- Steroid or calcineurin-inhibitor sparing immunosuppressive protocols / Griny, J.M., Cruzado, J.M. -- Steroid-free lymphocyte depletion protocols : the potential for partial tolerance? / McCauley, J., Starzl, T.E. -- Chronic graft loss : immunological and non-immunological factors / Hernandez-Fuentes, M.P., Lechl, R.I. -- Lymphocyte depletion as a barrier to immunologic tolerance / Neujahr, D., Turka, L.A. -- Monitoring of immunosuppressive therapy in renal transplanted patients / Chiaramonte, S., Dissegna, D., Ronco, C. -- Chronic allograft nephropathy : a multiple approach to target nonimmunological factors / Ruggenenti, P. -- Transplantation tolerance : a complex scenario awaiting clinical applicability / Sayegh, M.H., Perico, N., Remuzzi, G. -- Dendritic cells, tolerance, and therapy of organ allograft rejection / Raimondi, G., Thomson, A.W. -- Natural versus adaptive regulatory T cells / Cassis, L., Aiello, S., Noris, M. -- Reviewing the mechanism of peripheral tolerance in clinical transplantation / Suciu-Foca, N., Cortesini, R. -- The goal of intragraft gene therapy / Tomasoni, S., Benigni, A.
- Learning genitourinary and pelvic imaging 2012, Springer
- Management of acute kidney problems 2010, Springer
- Manual of clinical dialysis. 2nd ed. 2009, Springer
- Manual of nephrology. 7th ed. 2009, OvidThe edematous patient : cardiac failure, cirrhosis, and nephrotic syndrome / Robert W. Schrier and David H. Ellison -- The patient with hyponatremia or hypernatremia / Robert W. Schrier and Tomas Berl -- The patient with hypokalemia or hyperkalemia / Catherine L. Kelleher and Stuart L. Linas -- The patient with an acid-base disorder / William D. Kaehny -- The patient with disorders of serum calcium and phosphate / Jeffrey G. Penfield and Robert F. Reilly -- The patient with kidney stones / Amir S.A. Naderi and Robert F. Reilly -- The patient with urinary tract infection / Marilyn E. Levi and L. Barth Reller -- The patient with hematuria, proteinuria, or both, and abnormal findings on urinary microscopy / Sharon G. Adler and Kenneth Fairley -- The patient with glomerulonephritis or vasculitis / Joshua M. Thurman and Alexander Wiseman -- The patient with acute renal failure / Sarah Faubel, Robert E. Cronin, and Charles L. Edelstein -- The patient with chronic kidney disease / Michael Chonchol and David M. Spiegel -- The patient receiving chronic renal replacement with dialysis / David M. Spiegel and Rebecca Moore -- The patient with a kidney transplant / Eric Gibney, Chirag Parikh, and Alkesh Jani -- The patient with kidney disease and hypertension in pregnancy / Phyllis August -- The patient with hypertension / Charles R. Nolan -- Practical guidelines for drug dosing in patients with impaired kidney function / George R. Aronoff and Michael E. Brier.
- Cell volume regulatory mechanisms an introduction / Friedrich, B., Matskevich, I., Lang, F. -- Cell volume-sensitive chloride channels : phenotypic properties and molecular identity / Okada, Y. -- Cell volume-regulated cation channels / Wehner, F. -- Sensors and signal transduction pathways in vertebrate cell volume regulation / Hoffmann, E.K., Pedersen, S.F. -- Activation of kinases upon volume changes : role in cellular homeostasis / Alexander, R.T., Grinstein, S. -- Tonicity dependent regulation of osmoprotective genes in mammalian cells / Ferraris, J.D., Burg, M.B. -- Ion channels and cell volume in regulation of cell proliferation and apoptotic cell death / Lang, F., Shumilina, E. ... [et al.] --Cell volume regulatory ion transport in the regulation of cell migration / Jakab, M., Ritter, M. -- Cell volume regulation in the renal papilla / Beck, F.-X., Neuhofer, W. -- Osmosensing and signaling in the regulation of liver function / Schliess, F., Hussinger, D. -- Cell volume and peptide hormone secretion / Strbák, V. -- Volume changes in neurons : hyperexcitability and neuronal death / Pasantes-Morales, H., Tuz, K. -- Pathophysiology of red cell volume / Browning, J.A., Ellory, J.C., Gibson, J.S.
- Nephrology secrets.. 3rd ed. / 2012, ScienceDirectPatient assessment. History and Physical Diagnosis ; Urinalysis ; Measurement of Glomerular Filtration Rate ; Renal Imaging Techniques ; Renal Biopsy. -- Acute kidney injury. Epidemiology, Etiology, Pathophysiology, and Diagnosis of Acute Kidney Injury ; Management Options: Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy ; Hepatorenal Syndrome ; Cardiorenal Syndrome ; Medications ; Sepsis and Acute Kidney Injury ; Rhabdomyolysis ; Tumor Lysis Syndrome ; Contrast-Induced Nephropathy ; Acute Glomerulonephritis and Rapidly Progressive Glomerulonephritis ; Nephrotic Syndrome ; Obstructive Uropathy ; Nephrolithiasis. Chronic kidney disease. Epidemiology, Etiology, Pathophysiology, and Staging of Chronic Kidney Disease ; Anemia in Chronic Kidney Disease ; Renal Osteodeystrophy ; Cardiovascular Disease in Chronic Kidney Disease ; Hyperlipidemia ; Nutrition and Malnutrition ; Management of the Patient with Progressive Renal Failure ; Management of the Patient with Resistant Edema ; Management of the Patient with Congestive Heart Failure ; Drug Dosing in Patients with Chronic Kidney Disease. -- Primary Glomerular disorders. Minimal Change Disease ; Focal Segmental Glomerulosclerosis ; Membranous Nephropathy ; IgA Nephropathy and Henoch-Schönlein Disease ; Membranoproliferative Glomerulonephritis. -- Secondary glomerular disorders. Diabetic Nephropathy ; Lupus Nephritis ; Dysproteinamias or Light Chain Diseases ; Anti-Glomerular Basement Membrane Disease and Goodpasture's Syndrome ; Vasculitides ; Thrombotic Microangiopathies. -- Infection-associated glomerulonephritides. Post-Infectious Glomerulonephritis ; Viral Hepatitis-Associated Glomerulonephritis ; HIV-Associated Renal Disorders. -- Other renal parenchymal diseases. Fabry Disease ; Cystic Diseases of the Kidneys ; Other Hereditary Renal Diseases ; Tubulointerstitial Diseases ; Urinary Tract Infections ; Renal Neoplasias. -- Renal diseases in special populations. Renal Disease and Hypertension in Pregnancy ; Sickle Cell Nephropathy ; Renal Diseases in the Elderly. -- Treatment options. Hemodialysis ; Peritoneal Dialysis ; Therapeutic Plasma Exchange (Plasmapheresis). -- Transplantation. Epidemiology and Outcomes ; Donor and Recipient Evaluation ; Immunosuppression ; Rejection of the Renal Transplant ; Post-Transplantation Malignancies ; Post-Transplantation Infections ; Primary Care of the Renal Transplant Patient. -- Hypertension. Primary Hypertension ; Renal Parenchymal Hypertension ; Renovascular Disease ; Endocrine Hypertension ; Other Forms of Secondary Hypertension ; White Coat Hypertension ; Isolated Systolic Hypertension ; Renal Diseases in African Americans ; Refractory Hypertension ; Hypertensive Emergencies ; Pharmacologic Treatment of Hypertension ; Nonpharmacologic Treatment of Hypertension. -- Acid-base and electrolyte disorders. Volume Disorders ; Genetic Disorders of Sodium Transport ; Hyponatremia and Hypernatremia ; Hypokalemia and Hyperkalemia ; Hypocalcemia and Hypercalcemia ; Disorders of Phosphorus Metabolism ; Disorders of Magnesium Metabolism ; Metabolic Acidosis ; Metabolic Alkalosis ; Respiratory Acid-Base Disorders ; Nephrology Beginnings.
- Nutrition and kidney disease 2007, KargerNutritional status, psychological issues, and survival in hemodialysis patients / Cohen, S.D., Kimmel, P.L. -- Body protein index based on bioelectrical impedance analysis is a useful new marker assessing nutritional status: applications to patients with chronic renal failure on maintenance dialysis / Nakao, T. ... [et al.] -- Nutritional assessment by a new method for patients with renal disease / Kanno, Y., Sasaki, S., Suzuki, H. -- Protein intake of more than 0.5g/kg bw/day is not effective in suppressing the progression of chronic renal failure / Ideura, T. ... [et al.] -- Diet therapy in diabetic nephropathy / Maeda, Y., Shiigai, T. -- Nutritional therapy for patients undergoing hemodialysis / Kumagai, H. -- Diet therapy in patients receiving peritoneal dialysis / Kanno, Y. -- Diet therapy after kidney transplantation: a comparative debate between Japan and Western countries / Nishi, S. ... [et al.] -- Sodium and kidney disease / Suzuki, H. ... [et al.] -- Dietary protein intake and kidney disease in Western diet / Pecoits-Filho, R. -- Phosphate restriction in diet therapy / Takeda, E. ... [et al.] -- Salt and excess food intake produced diabetic nephropathy in Japan / Takane, H. ... [et al.].
- Nutrition in kidney disease 2008, Springer
- Nutrition therapy for chronic kidney disease 2012, CRCnetBASE"This book presents variations in nutritional therapy through the five stages of chronic kidney disease. Chapters cover history of renal disease management and pathophysiology; electrolyte and acid-based disorders; acute renal disease; dialysis techniques; children/adolescents with chronic kidney disease; pregnancy with chronic kidney disease; bone and mineral disorders management; drug-nutrient/drug supplements; endocrine and lipid management; anemia management; enteral and parenteral support; nutrition post transplant; and establishing quality of life improvement parameters. The text links clinical applications to the Kidney Foundation Outcome Quality Initiative resources and provides dietary and supplement recommendations"--Provided by publisher.
- Obesity and the kidney 2006, KargerObesity and chronic kidney disease / Kramer, H. -- Obesity and kidney transplantation / Srinivas, T.R., Meier-Kriesche H.-U. -- Body mass index and the risk of chronic renal failure: the Asian experience / Iseki, K. -- Obesity paradox in patients on maintenance dialysis / Kalantar-Zadeh, K., Kopple, J.D. -- Adipose tissue as an endocrine organ: a nephrologists' perspective / Chudek, J. ... [et al.] -- Renal handling of adipokines / Kataoka, H., Sharma, K. -- Lipid metabolism and renal disease / Abrass, C.K. -- Role of the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system in the metabolic syndrome / Engeli, S. -- Functional and structural renal changes in the early stages of obesity / Thakur, V., Morse, S., Reisin, E. -- Leptin as a proinflammatory cytokine / Lord, G.M. -- Adipose tissue and inflammation in chronic kidney disease / Axelsson, J., Heimbürger, O., Stenvinkel, P. -- Leptin and renal fibrosi / Wolf, G., Ziyadeh, F.N. -- Obesity and renal hemodynamics / Bosma, R.J. ... [et al.] -- Insulin resistance and renal disease / Fliser, D., Kielstein, J.T., Menne, J. -- Treatment of obesity: a challenging task / Sharma, A.M., Iacobellis, G. -- Weight loss and proteinuria / Praga, M., Morales, E. -- Treatment of arterial hypertension in obese patients / Wenzel, U.O., Krebs, C. -- Bariatric surgery / Korenkov, M.
- On-line hemodiafiltration 2011, KargerHistorical milestones of a long pathway / Roy, T. -- Polysulfone : the development of a membrane for convective therapies / Heilmann, K., Keller, T. -- The machine and the therapy concept / Greenwood, R.N. -- Backfiltration : past, present and future / Rangel, A.V. ... [et al.] -- Producing on-line ultrapure dialysis fluid / von Albertini, B. -- Membrane requirements for high-flux and convective therapies / Bowry, S.K. -- Regulatory challenges of on-line hemodiafiltration / Pirovano, D. -- Facing regulatory challenges of on-line hemodiafiltration / Kümmerle, W. -- The membrane permeability outcome study / Locatelli, F. ... [et al.] -- The early years of on-line HDF : How did it all start? How did we get here? / Canaud, B. -- Evolution of the concept of biocompatibility and the cardioprotective effect of on-line hemodiafiltration / Ramírez, R., Martín-Malo, A., Aljama, P. -- On-line hemodiafiltration in the large RISCAVID study / Panichi, V., Tetta, C. -- Overcoming the limitations of post-dilution on-line hemodiafiltration : mixed dilution hemodiafiltration / Pedrini, L.A., Wiesen, G. -- Fifteen years of experience with on-line hemodiafiltration / Maduell, F. -- Adopting on-line hemodiafiltration as standard therapy in EMEA nephrocare centers / Stopper, A. ... [et al.] -- Utilization of hemodiafiltration as treatment modality in renal replacement therapy for end-stage renal disease patients : a global perspective / Sichart, J.-M., Moeller, S. -- Seeking an optimal renal replacement therapy for the chronic kidney disease epidemic : the case for on-line hemodiafiltration / Gatti, E., Ronco, C.
- Pediatric dialysis. 2nd ed. 2012, Springer
- Pediatric nephrology in the ICU 2009, Springer
- Pediatric nephrology. 5th ed. 2004, Ovid
- Pediatric nephrology. 6th ed. 2009, Springerv. 1. Sections 1-6 -- v. 2. Sections 7-12.
- Peritoneal dialysis 2012, KargerPreface / Ronco, C -- The International Vicenza Course on Peritoneal Dialysis, 30 year anniversary / Nolph, KD -- Twenty years of bicarbonate solutions / Feriani, M -- Peritoneal dialysis solution and nutrition / Verger, C -- Alternative dialysis strategies with icodextrin / Panzer, SE; Teitelbaum, I -- Are current peritoneal dialysis solutions adequate for pediatric use? / Verrina, EE ...[et al.] -- Brazillan Peritoneal Dialysis Multicenter Study (BRAZPD), from conception to execturion of a national peritoneal dialysis reality check / Divino-Filho, JC ... [et al.] -- Comparing outcomes of hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis patients, consider the pitfalls / Mehrotra R -- Hypogonadism in males with chronic kidney disease, another cause of resistance to erythropoiesis-stimulating agents? / Stenvinkel P; Barany P -- Getting the right patient on the right renal replacement therapy / Perez Fontan M ... [et al.] -- Doubts on the long-term survival of peritoneal dialysis patients are no longer a medical barrier to home dialysis / Lameire, N ; Van Biesen, W -- How to avoid technique failure in peritoneal dialysis patients? / Lobbedez, T ... [et al.] -- Clinical practice guidelines, an important tool in improving dialysis quality / Lamiere, N; Van Biesen, W -- Remote monitoring for continuous peritoneal dialysis / Rosner, MH; Ronco, C -- e-Health, remote health care models in peritoneal dialysis / Struijk, DG -- Remote monitoring of peritoneal dialysis in special locations / Nayak, A; Antony, S; Nayak, KS -- Dialysis modality choice for the elderly patient with end-stage renal disease / Rosner, MH; Ronco, C -- Anemia management in patients on peritoneal dialysis / Del Vecchio, L; Cavalli, A; Locatelli, F -- Maximizing the erythropoietin response, iron strategies / Prabhu, MV ... [et al] -- Lipid disorders in uremia and dialysis / Bakris, GL -- Statins and lipid-lowering strategies in PD / Heimburger, O -- Statin therapy is associated with decreased small, dense low-density lipoprotein levels in patients undergoing peritoneal dialysis / Clementi, A ... [et al.] -- Phosphate control in peritoneal dialysis / Cozzolino, M ... [et al.] -- Role of vitamin D receptor activators in peritoneal dialysis / Bover, J ... [et al.] -- Calcimimetics in peritoneal dialysis patients / Messa P; Castelnovo, C; Scalamogna, A -- Factors affecting loss of residual renal function(s) in dialysis / Raimann, JG; Kitzler, TM; Levin, NW -- Prospective safety study of bardoxolone methyl in patients with Type 2 diabetes mellitus, end-stage renal disease and peritoneal dialysis / Warnock, DG ... [et al.] -- Assessment of fluid status in peritoneal dialysis / Woodrow G; Ronco C -- Fluid transport and homeostasis in peritoneal dialysis / Teixido Planas, J -- Bioimpedance and brain natriuretic peptide in peritoneal dialysis patients / Crepaldi, C ... [et al.] -- Role of peritoneal dialysis as a chronic renal replacement therapy in cardiorenal patients / Pego, C; Rodrigues, A; Ronco, C -- Vascular and arterial calcification in peritoneal dialysis patients, state of the art 2012 / Heymann, EP; Penny, H; Goldsmith, DJA -- Adequacy in peritoneal dialysis / Ryckelynck, J-P ... [et al.] -- Setting up research in peritoneal dialysis -- Continuous flow peritoneal dialysis, update 2012 / Amerling, R; Winchester, JF; Ronco, C -- Combination therapy, five days PD and one day HD-what are the benefits? / Burkart, J -- Peritoneal dialysis access, what's the best approach? / Riella, MC; Chula DC -- Time between peritoneal dialysis catheter insertion and use / Elhassan E; Teitelbaum, I -- Peritoneal diallysis membrane evaluation in clinical practice / Krediet, RT; Struijk -- Bioelectrical impedance analysis in the assessment of hydration status in peritoneal dialysis patients / Haapio, M ... [et al.] -- Today's approaches to prevent peritonitis / Piraino, B -- Transplant outcomes and dialysis modality / Fuquay, R; Teitelbaum, I -- Neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin in the early diagnosis of peritonitis, the case of neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin / Martino, FK ... [et al.] -- Prognostic factors for peritonitis outcome / van Esch, S; Krediet, RT; Struijk, DG -- Improving the care of diabetic patients on peritoneal dialysis / Dalal, P; Misra, M -- How to select among dialysis options / Mooney, A.
- Peritoneal dialysis today 2003, Karger
- Peritoneal dialysis. A Clinical update 2006, Karger
- Phosphate and vitamin D in chronic kidney disease 2013, KargerOsteo-renal cross-talk and phosphate metabolism by the FGF23-klotho system / Ohnishi, M., Razzaque, M.S. -- Extracellular phosphate as a signaling molecule / Michigami, T. -- Complex regulation and diverse functions of alpha-klotho / Maeda, R., Imura, A., Nabeshima, Y. -- Klotho and chronic kidney disease / Hu, M.C., Kuro-o, M., Moe, O.W. -- Nuclear receptor LXR : a new partner for sodium-dependent phosphate cotransporters / Caldas, Y., Giral, H., Sorribas, V., Levi, M. -- Phosphate toxicity and vascular mineralization / Razzaque, M.S. -- Vitamin D and type II sodium-dependent phosphate cotransporters / Kido, S., Kaneko, I., Tatsumi, S., Segawa, H., Miyamoto, K. -- Vitamin D in chronic kidney disease / Li, Y.C. -- Parathyroid function in chronic kidney disease : role of FGF23-klotho axis / Koizumi, M., Komaba, H., Fukagawa, M. -- FGF23-induced hypophosphatemia persists in Hyp mice deficient in the WNT coreceptor Lrp6 / Uchihashi, K., Nakatani, T., Goetz, R., Mohammadi M., He, X., Razzaque, M.S. -- Can salivary phosphate levels be an early biomarker to monitor the evolvement of obesity? / Hartman, M.-L., Groppo, F., Ohnishi, M., Goodson, J.M., Hasturk, H., Tavares, M., Yaskell, T., Floros, C., Behbehani, K., Razzaque, M.S.
- Polyethersulfone 2003, Karger
- Principles of renal physiology. 5th ed. 2012, Springer
- Proteomics in nephrology 2003, Karger
- Proteomics for the investigation of acute kidney injury / P. Devarajan -- Proteomics of plasma and urine in primary nephrotic syndrome in children / G. Candiano ... [et al.] -- Urinary proteome profiling to search for biomarkers in steroid-resistant nephrotic syndrome / A.Z. Traum, A.D. Schachter -- Searching for novel biomarkers and new therapeutic targets of diabetic nephropathy using proteomics approaches / V. Thongboonkerd -- Diagnostic and prognostic biomarkers in acute renal failure / J.M. Arthur ... [et al.] -- Proteomics and renal transplantation : searching for novel biomarkers and therapeutic targets / S. Schaub, J.A. Wilkins, P. Nickerson -- Metabolomics : a complementary tool in renal transplantation / D.S. Wishart --Understanding and managing renal cell carcinoma : can proteomic studies contribute to clinical practice? -- R.A. Craven, R.E. Banks -- Capillary electrophoresis coupled to mass spectrometry for biomarker discovery and diagnosis of kidney diseases / P. Zürbig, H. Mischak -- Identification of urinary biomarkers by proteomics in newborns : use in obstructive nephropathy / S. Decramer ... [et al.] -- Proteomics and kidney stone disease / V. Thongboonkerd -- Exploring the uremic toxins using proteomic technologies / E. Schiffer -- Proteomic approaches for the study of cell signaling in the renal collecting duct / E.J. Hoorn -- Overview of kidney and urine proteome databases / Y. Yoshida ... [et al.].
- Regenerative nephrology. 1st ed. 2011, ScienceDirectChapter 1. Glomerulogenesis and De Novo Nephrogenesis in Medaka Fish: An Evolutionary Approach / Hisashi Hashimoto, Yuko Wakamatsu -- Chapter 2. Renal Organogenesis: Growing a Replacement Kidney In Situ from Transplanted Renal Primordia / Marc R. Hammerman -- Chapter 3. Use of Genetic Mouse Models to Study Kidney Regeneration / Akio Kobayashi, Jeremy S. Duffield -- Chapter 4. Endogenous Anti-inflammatory and Proresolving Lipid Mediators in Renal Disease / Charles N. Serhan, Catherine Godson -- Chapter 5. Tissue Protection and Regeneration Aided by Erythropoietin and Erythropoietin-derived Peptides / Danilo Fliser -- Chapter 6. Mast Cells in Kidney Regeneration / Eric Daugas, Walid Beghdadi, Ulrich Blank -- Chapter 7. Role of Macrophages in Renal Injury, Repair and Regeneration / Vincent Lee, Qi Cao, Yiping Wang, David C.H. Harris -- Chapter 8. T-cell Contribution to Injury and Regenerative Processes in Kidney Diseases: Focus on Regulatory T Cells / Hye Ryoun Jang, Hamid Rabb -- Chapter 9. Mesenchymal Stem Cells / Benjamin D. Humphreys, Joseph V. Bonventre -- Chapter 10. Endothelial Progenitor Cells and the Kidney / Matthieu Monge, Anton Jan van Zonneveld, Ton J. Rabelink -- Chapter 11. Potential of the Side Population in Regenerative Nephrology / M.H. Little, G.A. Challen -- Chapter 12. Very Small Embryonic-like Stem Cells and Their Potential Relevance for Kidney Homeostasis / Dong-Myung Shin, Rui Liu, Przemyslaw Nowacki, Janina Ratajczak, Magda Kucia, Mariusz Z. Ratajczak -- Chapter 13. Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells / Kenji Osafune, Shinya Yamanaka -- Chapter 14. Methods of Isolation and Culture of Adult Stem Cells / Lindolfo da Silva Meirelles, Nance Beyer Nardi -- Chapter 15. Stem Cell Niche in the Kidney / Laura Lasagni, Elena Lazzeri, Paola Romagnani -- Chapter 16. Bioartificial Stem Cell Niches: Engineering a Regenerative Microenvironment / Glenn D. Prestwich, Tammer Ghaly, Philip Brudnicki, Brian Ratliff, Michael S. Goligorsky -- Chapter 17. Imaging of Transplanted and Native Stem Cells / Xiang-Yang Zhu, Martin Rodriguez-Porcel, Lilach O. Lerman -- Chapter 18. Stem Cell Injury and Premature Senescence / Michael S. Goligorsky -- Chapter 19. Regeneration and Aging: Regulation by Sirtuins and the NAD+ Salvage Pathway / Nica M. Borradaile, Alanna Watson, J. Geoffrey Pickering -- Chapter 20. Bone Marrow Mesenchymal Stem Cells in Organ Repair and Strategies to Optimize their Efficacy / Christodoulos Xinaris, Barbara Imberti, Giuseppe Remuzzi, Marina Morigi -- Chapter 21. Treatment of Acute Kidney Injury with Allogeneic Mesenchymal Stem Cells: Preclinical and Initial Clinical Data / Florian E. Tögel, Christof Westenfelder -- Chapter 22. Clinical Trials in Renal Regenerative Medicine / Maarten B. Rookmaaker, Jaap A. Joles, Marianne C. Verhaar -- Chapter 23. Potential Risks of Stem Cell Therapies / Uta Kunter, Jürgen Floege -- Chapter 24. Tissue Engineering in Urology / Anthony Atala -- Chapter 25. Ethics in Regenerative Medicine / Svetlana Gavrilov, Donald W. Landry -- Chapter 26. Stem Cell Banking / Vicente Mirabet, Pilar Solves.
- Renal cell cancer 2008, Springer
- Renal cell carcinoma 2012, SpringerPt. 1. Biology of renal cell carcinoma -- pt. 2. Current and future molecular targets for RCC.
- Renal cell carcinoma. 2nd ed. 2009, SpringerTargeted therapy for metastatic renal call carcinoma: overview -- Molecular genetics in inherited renal cell carcinoma: identification of targets in the hereditary syndromes -- Molecular targets in renal tumors: pathologic assessment -- Interferons and interleukin-2: molecular basis of activity and therapeutic results -- The molecular biology of kidney cancer and its clinical translation into treatment strategies -- VEGF: biologic aspects and clinical approaches -- VEGF and PDGF receptors: biologic relevance and clinical approaches to inhibition -- Sunitinib and axitinib in renal cell carcinoma -- Sorafenib in renal cell carcinoma -- Additional tyrosine kinase inhibitors in renal cell carcinoma -- Integrin [alpha]5[beta]1 as a novel therapeutic target in renal cancer -- Carbonic anhydrase IX: biology and clinical approaches -- Monoclonal antibody G250 recognizing carbonic anhydrase IX in renal cell carcinoma: biological and clinical studies -- Chemokines in renal cell carcinoma: implications for tumor angiogenesis and metastasis -- P13K/Akt/mTOR pathway: a growth and proliferation pathway -- EGFR and HER2: relevance in renal cell carcinoma -- Proteasome-NF[kappa]B signaling pathway: relevance in RCC -- The role of hepatocyte growth factor pathway signaling in renal cell carcinoma -- Smac/DIABLO: a proapoptotic molecular target in renal cell cancer -- EphA2: a novel target in renal cell carcinoma -- Restoring host antitumoral immunity: how coregulatory molecules are changing the approach to the management of renal cell carcinoma -- The role of gangliosides in renal cell carcinoma -- Tumour necrosis factor: misnomer and therapeutic target -- Molecular markers for predicting prognosis of renal cell carcinoma -- Adjuvant therapy for renal cell carcinoma: targeted approaches.
- Renal failure and replacement therapies 2008, SpringerAssessment of Renal Function / Mohan Arkanath -- Imaging of Acute Renal Failure - A Problem-Solving Approach for Intensive Care Unit Physicians / Tom Sutherland -- Drug-Induced Renal Injury / Sara Blakeley -- Acute Kidney Injury / Sara Blakeley -- Medical Management of Acute Renal Failure / Nerina Harley -- Acute Renal Failure in the Surgical Patient / Marlies Ostermann -- Rhabdomyolysis and Compartment Syndrome / Laurie Tomlinson and Stephen Holt -- Multisystem Causes of Acute Renal Failure / Tim Leach -- Therapeutic Plasma Exchange / Tim Leach -- Renal Replacement Therapy / John H. Reeves -- Technical Aspects of Renal Replacement Therapy / Sara Blakeley -- End-Stage Renal Disease / Emile Mohammed -- Clinical Hyperkalemia and Hypokalemia / Harn-Yih Ong -- Clinical Hyponatremia and Hypernatremia / Himangsu Gangopadhyay -- Clinical Metabolic Acidosis and Alkalosis / Sara Blakeley.
- Renal fibrosis 2003, Karger
- Seldin and Giebisch's The Kidney. 5th ed. 2012, ScienceDirectSection I. Epithelial and Nonepithelial Transport and Regulation -- Section II. Structural and Functional Organization of the Kidney -- Section III. Fluid and Electrolyte Regulation and Dysregulation -- Section IV. Pathophysiology of Renal Disease.
- Sepsis, kidney and multiple organ dysfunction 2004, Karger
- Studies on renal disorders 2011, Springer
- Textbook of nephro-endocrinology. 1st ed. 2009, ScienceDirectPart I: The kidney as an endocrine organ -- Section I: Erythropoietin -- Erythropoietin: an historical overview of physiology, molecular biology and gene regulation / David R. Mole, Peter J. Ratcliffe -- Erythropoiesis: the roles of erythropoietin and iron / Herbert Y. Lin -- Extra-hematopoietic action of erythropoietin / Zheqing Cal, Gregg L. Semenza -- Development of recombinant erythropoietin and erythropoietin analogs / Iain C. Macdougall -- Erythropoietin, anemia and kidney disease / Ajay K. Singh ... [et al.] -- Section II: Vitamin D, PTH and novel regulators of phosphate -- Vitamin D and the kidney: introduction and historical perspective / Tejas Patel, Ajay K. Singh --- Vitamin D: molecular biology and gene regulation / Adriana S. Dusso, Alex J. Brown -- Endocrine regulation of phosphate homeostasis / Harald Jüppner, Anthony A. Portale -- Section III: Renin-Angiotensin -- The history of the renin-angiotensin system / Joel Menard -- Molecular biology of renin and regulation of its gene / Timothy L. Reudelhuber, Daniel F. Catanzaro -- Physiology and regulation of the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system / Robert M. Carey, Shetal H. Padia -- The renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system and the kidney / Benjamin Ko, George Bakris -- The renin-angiotensin system and the heart / Aaron J. Trask, Carlos M. Ferrario -- Renin-angiotensin blockage: therapeutic agents / Domenic A. Sica --Part II: The kidney as a hormonal target -- Section IV: Antidiuretic hormone -- Vasopressin in the kidney: historical aspects / Lynn E. Schlanger, Jeff M. Sands -- Molecular biology and gene regulation of vasopressin / Swasti Tiwari, Carolyn A. Ecelbarger -- Vasopressin antagonists in physiology and disease / Tomas Berl, Robert W. Schrier -- Diabetes insipidus and SIADH / Michael L. Moritz, Juan Carlos Ayus -- Section V: The atrial peptides -- ANP, BNP and CNP: physiology and pharmacology of the cardiorenal axis / Candace Y. W. Lee, John C. Burnett Jr -- Section VI: Aldosterone -- Aldosterone: history and introduction / John Coghlan, James F. Tait -- Aldosterone receptors and their renal effects: molecular biology and gene regulation / Celso E. Gomez-Sanchez, Elise P. Gomes-Sanchez, Mario Galigniana -- Aldosterone and its cardiovascular effects / Rajesh Garg, Gail K. Adler -- Regulation of aldosterone production / William E. Rainey, Windy B. Bollag, Carlos M. Isales -- Section VII: Endocrine disorders in renal failure -- Insulin resistance and diabetes in chronic renal disease / Donald C. Simonson -- Growth hormone / John D. Mahan -- Sexual dysfunction in men and women with chronic kidney disease / Biff F. Palmer -- Thyroid status in chronic renal failure patients: a non-thyroidal illness syndrome / Victoria S. Lim, Manish Suneja -- Metabolic acidosis of chronic kidney disease / Jeffrey A. Kraut, Glenn T. Nagami -- Pregnancy and the kidney / Chun Lam, S. Ananth Karumanchi.
- Toxicology of the kidney. 3rd ed. 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases