Books by Subject
- Acquired cystic disease of the kidney and renal cell carcinoma complications of long-term dialysis 2007Springer
- Acute blood purification 2010Karger"Describes the use of hemodiafiltration to inhibit the cytokine storms which cause serious organ damage in patients with septic shock. Moreover, the technical construction of the blood purification system, which includes various machines, devices, membranes, fluids, etc., is explained in detail. Finally, leading experts discuss the concept of continuous renal replacement therapy as the standard care in critically ill patients with severe acute kidney injury."--Website.
- Acute kidney injury 2007.Karger
- Acute Dialysis Quality Initiative (ADQI) / Ronco, C., Kellum, J., Bellomo, R., Mehta, R. -- Implementation of novel biomarkers in the diagnosis, prognosis, and management of acute kidney injury : executive summary from the tenth consensus conference of the Acute Dialysis Quality Initiative (ADQI) / McCullough, P.A., for the Acute Dialysis Quality Initiative (ADQI) Consensus Group -- Diagnosis of acute kidney injury using functional and injury biomarkers : workgroup statements from the tenth Acute Dialysis Quality Initiative Consensus Conference / McCullough, P.A., for the ADQI 10 Workgroup -- Differential diagnosis of AKI in clinical practice by functional and damage biomarkers : workgroup statements from the tenth Acute Dialysis Quality Initiative Consensus Conference / Endre, Z.H., for the ADQI 10 Workgroup -- Use of biomarkers to assess prognosis and guide management of patients with acute kidney injury / Cruz, D.N., for the ADQI 10 Workgroup -- Physiological biomarkers of acute kidney injury : a conceptual approach to improving outcomes / Okusa, M.D., for the ADQI 10 Workgroup -- Pathophysiology of the cardiorenal syndromes : executive summary from the eleventh onsensus conference of the Acute Dialysis Quality Initiative (ADQI) / McCullough, P.A., for the Acute Dialysis Quality Initiative (ADQI) Consensus Group. Pathogenesis of cardiorenal syndrome type 1 in acute decompensated heart failure : workgroup statements from the eleventh consensus conference of the Acute Dialysis Quality Initiative (ADQI) / Haase, M., for the Acute Dialysis Quality Initiative (ADQI) Consensus Group -- Pathophysiology of cardiorenal syndrome type 2 in stable chronic heart failure : workgroup statements from the eleventh consensus conference of the Acute Dialysis Quality Initiative (ADQI) / Cruz, D.N., ; for the Acute Dialysis Quality Initiative (ADQI) Consensus Group -- Cardiorenal syndrome type 3 : pathophysiologic and epidemiologic considerations / Bagshaw, S.M., for the Acute Dialysis Quality Initiative 11 Working Group -- Cardiorenal syndrome type 4 : insights on clinical presentation and pathophysiology from the eleventh consensus conference of the Acute Dialysis Quality Initiative (ADQI) / Tumlin, J.A., for the Acute Dialysis Quality Initiative (ADQI) 11 Consensus Group -- Cardiorenal syndrome type 5 : clinical presentation, pathophysiology, and management strategies from the eleventh consensus conference of the Acute Dialysis Quality Initiative (ADQI) / Mehta, R.L., for the Acute Dialysis Quality Initiative (ADQI) 11 Working Group.
- Aging kidney in health and disease 2008Springer
- Arteriovenous access surgery ensuring adequate vascular access for hemodialysis. English edition. 2015Springer
- This book presents up-to-date information on how to assess early preclinical alterations in the heart, the small and large arteries and the kidney in the general and the hypertensive population, using the most sensitive, specific and cost-effective techniques. A wide variety of techniques are discussed, with careful attention to the latest developments. For each organ, evidence is documented regarding the prevalence of organ damage. Information is provided on the potential induction of regression of organ damage by treatment, the criteria for establishing significant changes and the clinical prognostic significance of regression. The manual will be invaluable for all practitioners responsible for the clinical management of hypertensive patients, given that the assessment of early preclinical cardiovascular and renal damage permits more accurate risk stratification at baseline and facilitates evaluation of cardiovascular protection when regression of structural changes is achieved during treatment.
- Atlas of medical renal pathology 2013SpringerThe kidney is an organ with complex organogenesis susceptible to numerous misadventures in development and is exposed to a diverse array of insults of hematogenous and lower urinary tract origin. This Atlas of Medical Renal Pathology provides an overview of the development, macroscopic and microscopic features of the normal kidney. This is followed by a comprehensive survey of developmental and cystic kidney diseases, vascular diseases and tubulointerstitial diseases. An emphasis is placed on gross diagnostic findings with detailed histological correlates. In addition, the histological, immunofluorescent, immunohistochemical and ultrastructural features of the major glomerular diseases and renal transplantation pathology are presented. This compendium of non-neoplastic kidney diseases illustrates the vast majority diseases you are likely to encounter in surgical and autopsy pathology.
- Biomarkers in kidney disease. 1st ed. 2011ScienceDirect2011 ClinicalKeyChapter 1. Characteristics of an Ideal Biomarker of Kidney Diseases / Michael R. Bennett, Prasad Devarajan -- Chapter 2. Statistical Considerations in Analysis and Interpretation of Biomarker Studies / Chirag R. Parikh, Heather Thiessen Philbrook -- Chapter 3. The Role of Metabolomics in the Study of Kidney Diseases and in the Development of Diagnostic Tools / Uwe Christians, Jeska Albuisson, Jost Klawitter, Jelena Klawitter -- Chapter 4. The Role of Proteomics in the Study of Kidney Diseases and in the Development of Diagnostic Tools / Uwe Christians, Stephanie McCrery, Jost Klawitter, Jelena Klawitter -- Chapter 5. Biomarkers in Acute Kidney Injury / Charles L. Edelstein, Sarah Faubel -- Chapter 6. Biomarkers in Kidney Transplantation / Alkesh Jani -- Chapter 7. Cystatin C as a Biomarker in Kidney Disease / Anders Grubb -- Chapter 8. Biomarkers of Renal Cancer / Naveen S. Vasudev, Rosamonde E. Banks -- Chapter 9. Urinary Proteomics and Candidate Biomarker Discovery for Diabetic Nephropathy / Michael L. Merchant, Jon B. Klein -- Chapter 10. Biomarkers in Glomerular Disease / John M. Arthur, Milos N. Budisavljevic, Michael G. Janech -- Chapter 11. Biomarkers in Preeclampsia / Ana Sofia Cerdeira, S. Ananth Karumanchi.
- Brain, stroke, and kidney 2013KargerCerebral interaction and stroke / Toyoda, K. -- Inhibition of the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system for cerebrorenal protection / Lambers Heerspink, H.J. -- Obesity and heart failure as a mediator of the cerebrorenal interaction / Jindal, A., Whaley-Connell, A., Sowers, J.R. -- Subclinical cerebral abnormalities in chronic kidney disease / Yao, H. ... [et al.] -- Carotid atherosclerosis in kidney disease / Kokubo, Y. -- Kidney disease and cognitive function / Elias, M.F., Dore, G.A., Davey, A. -- Risk of stroke in kidney disease / Ninomiya, T. -- Role of 24-hour blood pressure management in preventing kidney disease and stroke / Nagai, M., Hoshide, S., Kario, K. -- Preventing stroke and systemic embolism in renal patients with atrial fibrillation : focus on anticoagulation / Ahmad, Y., Lip, G.Y.H. -- Stroke features and management in patients with chronic kidney disease / Kamouchi, M. -- Stroke feature and management in dialysis patients / Iseki, K. -- Thrombolysis and hyperacute reperfusion therapy for stroke in renal patients / Hirano, T. -- Antiplatelet therapy for preventing stroke in patients with chronic kidney disease / Kim, S.J., Bang, O.Y.
- Print Material
- Brenner & Rector's The Kidney. 9th ed. 2012ClinicalKey
- Cardio-renal clinical challenges 2015SpringerThis book provides a comprehensive overview of the clinical challenges faced during the treatment of patients with cardiorenal syndrome (CRS). The bidirectional link that associates renal and cardiovascular diseases means that patients with CRS have an increased risk of hospital admission and mortality as a result of their coexistence yet, there are no agreed guidelines for their management. Cardio-Renal Clinical Challenges takes clinical presentations and clinical problems as its base, and then discusses the evidence for best management of common clinical problems and the reasons for the complex interplay between the cardiac and renal systems. In addition, the link between heart failure and chronic kidney disease (CKD) can impose a considerable epidemiological burden thus this text also aims to address the issue of organizing healthcare to maximize both the opportunities for prevention and best healthcare economic returns. This book will be of immediate value and practical interest to all consulting and trainee cardiologists and renal physicians.
- Cardiorenal syndrome mechanisms, risk, and treatment 2010SpringerChronic kidney disease with a worldwide prevalence of 10% in the general population is emerging as a major public health priority. Renal dysfunction is associated with a high risk for cardiovascular complications. The relationship between renal insufficiency and cardiovascular disease, termed the cardiorenal syndrome exists whether impairment of renal function is a consequence of primary renal parenchymal disease or primary heart disease. This book provides a comprehensive update analysis of our current understanding of the cardiorenal syndrome including epidemiology pathophysiologic mechanism.
- Cardiorenal syndromes in critical care 2010KargerPathophysiology of acute kidney injury -- Cardiorenal syndromes -- Organ crosstalk in multiple organ dysfunction syndromes -- Fluid assessment and management in the critically ill -- Practice of renal replacement therapy in the ICU -- Critical care nephrology issues -- Trials in acute kidney failure -- New horizons in critical care nephrology.
- Cardiovascular disorders in hemodialysis 2005KargerHemodialysis, from early days to tomorrow / Ritz, E. ... [et al.] -- Mechanisms of solute transport in extracorporeal therapies / Ronco, C., Levin, N.W. -- Machines for hemodialysis / Polaschegg, H.-D. -- Mathematical model to characterize internal filtration / Fiore, G.B., Ronco, C. -- Extracorporeal sensing techniques / Schneditz, D. -- Water treatment for hemodialysis / Cappelli, G. ... [et al.] -- Online convective therapies / Santoro, A. ... [et al.] -- Selected lessons learned from the dialysis outcomes and practice patterns study (DOPPS) / Pisoni, R.L., Greenwood, R.N. -- What did we learn from the hemo study? / Greene, T. -- What are we expecting to learn from the MPO study? / Locatelli, F., Pozzoni, P., Di Filippo, S. -- A new initiative in nephrology: 'kidney disease: improving global outcomes / Lameire, N. ... [et al.] -- Is there a magic in long nocturnal dialysis? / Charra, B. -- Mid-dilution: the perfect balance between convection and diffusion / Santoro, A.; Gaggi, R. ... [et al.] -- Sequential hemofiltration-hemodiafiltration technique / Amato, M. ... [et al.] -- Should nephrologists be in charge? / Konner, K. -- Challenges in interventional nephrology / Riella, M.C. -- Vascular access education, planning and percutaneous interventions by nephrologists / Asif, A., Merrill, D., Pennell, P. -- Whole body, single frequency bioimpedance / Piccoli, A. -- Use of segmental multifrequency bioimpedance spectroscopy in hemodialysis / Levin, N.W. ... [et al.] -- Cardiovascular risk in patients with end-stage renal disease / Wang, Y. ... [et al.] -- Improving removal of protein-bound retention solutes / Bammens, B., Evenepoel, P. -- Inflammation in end-stage renal disease / Stenvinkel, P. -- Interaction between nutrition and inflammation in hemodialysis patients / Kuhlmann, M.K., Levin, N.W. -- Monocytes from dialysis patients exhibit characteristics of senescent cells / Carracedo, J. ... [et al.] -- Modifiable risk factors for cardiovascular disease in CKD patients / Seibert, E., Kuhlmann, M.K., Levin, N.W. -- The cardiovascular burden of the dialysis patient / Bowry, S.K., Kuchinke-Kiehn, U., Ronco, C. -- Oxidative stress and reactive oxygen species / Galli, F. ... [et al.] -- Calcium, phosphorus and vitamin D disorders in uremia / Slatopolsky, E., Brown, A., Dusso, A. -- Cardiovascular calcification in end stage renal disease / Raggi, P. -- The mechanism of calcium deposition in soft tissues / Brancaccio, D., Cozzolino, M. -- Biosimilars, generic versions of the first generation of therapeutic proteins / Crommelin, D. ... [et al.] -- Electrophysiological response to dialysis / Santoro, A. ... [et al.] -- Noninvasive assessment of vascular function / Schneditz, D., Kenner, T. -- New insights in uremic toxicity / Vanholder, R., Glorieux, G. -- Continuous renal replacement therapy for end-stage renal disease / Gura, V. ... [et al.] -- Slow continuous intravenous plasmapheresis (sciptm) / Handley, H.H. ... [et al.] -- Membraneless dialysis-is it possible? / Leonard, E.F., Cortell, S., Vitale, N.G.
- Cellular stress responses in renal diseases 2005KargerInvolvement of stress proteins in renal diseases / Razzaque, M.S., Taguchi, T. -- Stress proteins in glomerular epithelial cell injury / Bijian, K., Cybulsky, A.V. -- Response of renal medullary cells to osmotic stress / Neuhofer, W., Beck, F.-X. -- Heat shock proteins in renal cell carcinomas / Atkins, D., Lichtenfels, R., Seliger, B. -- Heat shock protein 47 and renal fibrogenesis / Razzaque, M.S., Taguchi, T. -- Cytoprotective effects of heme oxygenase in acute renal failure / Akagi, R., Takahashi, T., Sassa, S. -- Heat shock (stress response) proteins and renal ischemia/reperfusion injury / Kelly, K.J. -- Cisplatin-associated nephrotoxicity and pathological events / Taguchi, T. ... [et al.] -- Oxidant stress in renal pathophysiology / Abid, A.R., Razzaque, M.S., Taguchi, T. -- Heat shock proteins and allograft rejection / Pockley, A.G.; Muthana, M.
- Chronic kidney disease and hypertension 2015SpringerThe treatment of hypertension has become the most important intervention in the management of all forms of chronic kidney disease. Chronic Kidney Disease and Hypertension is a current, concise, and practical guide to the identification, treatment and management of hypertension in patients with chronic kidney disease. In depth chapters discuss many relevant clinical questions and the future of treatment through medications and or novel new devices.
- Chronic kidney disease, dialysis, and transplantation companion to Brenner & Rector's the kidney. 3rd ed. 2010ClinicalKeyChronic Kidney Disease, Dialysis, and Transplantation-a companion to Brenner and Rector₂s The Kidney-covers all clinical management issues relevant to chronic kidney disease. Drs. Jonathan Himmelfarb and Mohamed Sayegh lead a team of expert contributors to present you with the latest advances in hypertensive kidney disease, vitamin D deficiency, diabetes management, transplantation, and more. With the fully searchable text online at www.expertconsult.com, you₂ll have convenient access to everything you need to manage your patients. Apply the expertise of distinguished researchers and clinicians in the fields of hemodialysis, peritoneal dialysis, critical care nephrology, and transplantation. Manage the full range of issues in chronic kidney disease, dialysis, and transplantation through comprehensive coverage of basic science and clinical tools. Gain clear visual understanding from illustrations, including diagnostic and treatment algorithms, line drawings, and photographs.
- Clinical effect of pre-dilution hemodiafiltration based on the permeation of the hemodiafilter / Yamashita, A.C., Sakurai, K -- The past, present and future of the dialyzer / Mineshima, M -- Importance of abnormal bone metabolism in the acceleration of atherosclerosis in hemodialysis patients / Inaba, M -- Dysregulated iron metabolism in patients on hemodialysis / Nakanishi, T., Hasuike, Y., Otaki, Y., Nanami, M., Kuragano, T -- The present status of and perspectives on home hemodialysis therapy in Japan / Masakane, I., Hanafusa, N., Kita, T., Hasegawa, T., Maeda, K -- Safety and efficacy evaluation of lanthanum carbonate for hyperphosphatemia in end-stage renal disease patients / Shigematsu, T., Ohya, M., Negi, S., Masumoto, A.R., Nakashima, Y.M., Iwatani, Y., Moribata, M.K., Yamanaka, S., Tatsuta, K., Mima, T -- Klotho/FGF23 axis in CKD / Tsuchiya, K., Nagano, N., Nitta, K -- Cell sheet-based tissue engineering for mesothelial cell injury / Kawanishi, K.; Nitta, K -- Erythropoiesis-stimulating agent hyporesponsiveness in end-stage renal disease patients / Ogawa, T., Nitta, K -- Past and present perspectives on encapsulating peritoneal sclerosis / Kawanishi, H., Shintaku, S., Banshodani, M., Hashimoto, S -- DPP-4 inhibitors in diabetic patients with chronic kidney disease or end-stage kidney disease on dialysis in clinical practice / Abe, M., Okada, K -- Present status and future of peritoneal dialysis in Japan / Nakamoto, H -- Cost-effectiveness of hemodialysis in Japan / Takura, T -- Vascular access for long-term hemodialysis/hemodiafiltration patients in Japan / Tsuchida, K., Nagai, K., Minakuchi, J., Kawashima, S -- New aspects of cerebrovascular diseases in dialysis patients / Naganuma, T., Takemoto, Y -- Current topics of purification and constitutions of dialysis fluid / Tomo, T -- Vascular calcification in end-stage renal disease patients / Nitta, K., Ogawa, T.
- Clinical aspects and laboratory iron metabolism, anemias : concepts in the anemias of malignancies and renal and rheumatoid diseases. 6th, rev. and updated ed. 2011Springer
- Clinical companion in nephrology 2015SpringerPart 1. Physiology and Assessment -- 1. Structure and Function of the Kidney -- 2. Assessment of GFR -- 3. Proteinuria -- 4. Haematuria -- Part 2. Disorders of Renal Metabolic Function -- 5. Hyponatraemia -- 6. Hypokalaemia -- 7. Hypocalcaemia and hypercalcaemia -- 8. Hypophosphataemia and hypomagnesaemia -- 9. Acid-base balance -- Part 3. Acute Kidney Injury -- 10. Causes of Acute Kidney Injury -- 11. Rhabdomyolysis -- 12. Cardiorenal Failure -- 13. Hepatorenal Syndrome -- 14. HUS/TTP in Adults -- 15. Myeloma and the Kidney -- 16. Investigation, management and outcome of Acute Kidney Injury -- 17. Fluid Management -- 18. Hyperkalaemia -- 19. Rapidly Progressive Glomerulonephritis -- Part 4. Chronic Kidney Disease -- 20. Overview of Chronic Kidney Disease -- 21. Glomerular Disease -- 22. Diabetes -- 23. Renovascular Disease -- 24. Hypertension -- 25. Antihypertensive Drugs -- 26. Polycystic Kidney Diseases -- 27. Anaemia -- 28. Mineral Metabolism -- 29. Nutrition in Renal Disease -- Part 5. Miscellaneous Renal -- 30. Gout and the Kidney -- 31. Urinary Tract Infection -- 32. Renal Stone Disease -- 33. Management of Pain -- 34. Pregnancy and Renal Disease -- 35. Blood Borne Viruses -- 36. Rarer Renal Diseases. Part 6. Renal Replacement Therapy -- 37. Haemodialysis -- 38. Peritoneal Dialysis -- 39. Renal Transplantation -- 40. Hypertension and Fluid Balance in Dialysis Patients -- 41. Tunnelled Dialysis Catheters -- 42. Catheter Related Blood Stream Infection -- 43. The Challenges of Renal Replacement Therapy in the Elderly.
- Through case presentations and a question and answer format, Clinical Decisions in Nephrology, Hypertension and Renal Transplantation provides a state of the art, updated reference for the optimal management of patients with diseases of the kidneys, and hypertension. This volume starts with the assessment of the patient, focusing on history and physical examination. Subsequently, cases depicting various clinical syndromes and/or diseases are presented, with questions centering on the appropriate diagnostic and treatment strategy. This sets the stage for a 'Socratic approach' to learning between the attending physician and the house staff or medical student.This is the only book featuring problem-oriented true to life clinical cases in this format to cover nephrology, hypertension and kidney transplantation. Written by renowned actively practicing clinicians, this unique reference is both comprehensive and concise and will be of great value to hospitalists and internists, as well as students, and interns/residents rotating in nephrology and internal medicine. Clinical practitioners, in the fields of critical care and hypertension specialists would also find this of value.
- Clinical decisions in pediatric nephrology a problem-solving approach to clinical cases 2008SpringerPreface -- Fluid and Electrolyte Disorders -- Acid-Base Disturbances -- Disorders of Divalent Ion Metabolism -- Nephrolithiasis -- Hypertension -- Acute Renal Failure -- Hereditary Nephritis and Genetic Disorders -- Glomerular, Vascular and Tubulo-Interstitial Diseases -- Chronic Kidney Disease -- Renal Osteodystrophy -- End-Stage Renal Disease and Dialysis -- Transplantation -- Index.
- Clinical management of renal tumors 2008Springer
- Complement and kidney disease 2006Springer
- Comprehensive clinical nephrology. Fifth edition. [5th ed.] 2015ClinicalKeySect. I: Essential renal anatomy and physiology -- Sect. II: Investigation of renal disease -- Sect. III: Fluid and electrolyte disorders -- Sect. IV: Glomerular disease -- Sect. V: Diabetic nephropathy -- Sect. VI: Hypertension -- Sect. VII: Pregnancy and renal disease -- Sect. VIII: Hereditary and congenital diseases of the kidney -- Sect. IX: Infectious diseases and the kidney -- Sect. X: Urologic disorders -- Sect. XI: Tubulointerstitial and vascular diseases -- Sect. XII: Geriatric nephrology -- Sect. XIII: Renal disease and cancer -- Sect. XIV: Acute kidney injury -- Sect. XV: Drug therapy in kidney disease -- Sect. XVI: Chronic kidney disease and the uremic syndrome -- Sect. XVII: Dialytic therapies -- Sect. XVIII: Transplantation.
- Comprehensive pediatric nephrology 2008ClinicalKeyThis book brings you a state-of-the-art comprehensive review on every clinical condition encountered in pediatric nephrology in one concise, clinically focused text. International experts provide you with the latest on epidemiology, diagnosis, investigations, management, and prognosis for a full range of pediatric kidney disorders. A full-color, highly visual, meticulously crafted format, makes this material remarkably easy for you to access and apply.
- Concise manual of apheresis therapy 2014SpringerThis pocket-sized manual serves as a concise and ideal reference work for therapeutic approaches using apheresis. Covering both basic theory and clinical details to facilitate improved treatment and patient outcomes, the text considers a variety of diseases, including myasthenia gravis, multiple sclerosis, Guillain-Barre syndrome, chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy, nephrotic syndrome, TTP/TMA, dilated cardiomyopathy, and many other conditions. The book also reviews the growing trend toward adopting this unique therapy for a wide range of health management issues such as morbid obesity and/or type 2 diabetes, and for lowering LDL-cholesterol (cholesterol apheresis) in patients unresponsive to medication or lifestyle modification.
- Controversies in acute kidney injury 2011Karger
- Core concepts in parenchymal kidney disease 2014SpringerCore Concepts in Parenchymal Kidney Disease provides comprehensive and state-of-the-art information on the diagnosis, treatment, classification and pathogenesis of glomerular and tubulointerstitial diseases. Chapters feature various clinical scenarios and are authored by a team of renowned experts in the field. Experienced clinicians and trainees alike will find this authoritative reference to be a valuable resource and contribution to the literature.
- Core concepts in renal transplantation 2012Springer1. Transplantation Immunobiology / Melissa Yeung -- 2. Basic Histocompatibility Testing Methods / Kathryn J. Tinckam -- 3. Medical Evaluation of the Living Kidney Donor / Julie Lin -- 4. Evaluation of Renal Transplant Candidates / Martina M. McGrath and Mario F. Rubin -- 5. Surgical Management of the Renal Transplant Recipient / Sayeed K. Malek and Stefan G. Tullius -- 6. Overview of Immunosuppressive Therapies in Renal Transplantation / Steven Gabardi and Eric M. Tichy -- 7. Allograft Dysfunction: Diagnosis and Management / Colm C. Magee -- 8. Approach to Medical Complications After Kidney Transplantation / John Vella -- 9. Infectious Complications in Renal Transplant Recipients / Erik R. Dubberke and Daniel C. Brennan -- 10. Recurrent and De Novo Glomerulonephritis After Kidney Transplantation / Austin Hunt and Mark D. Denton.
- Fluid, electrolyte, and acid-base disorders are central to the day-to-day practice of almost all areas of patient-centered medicine - both medical and surgical. Virtually every aspect of these disorders has experienced major developments in recent years. Core Concepts in the Disorders of Fluid, Electrolytes and Acid-Base Balance encompasses these new findings in comprehensive reviews of both pathophysiology and clinical management. In addition, this volume offers clinical examples providing step-by-step analysis of the pathophysiology, differential diagnosis, and management of selected clinical problems. Written by the leaders in researching and treating electrolyte disorders, this reference is an invaluable resource for both the nephrologist and the non-specialist physician, or medical trainee.
- Critical care nephrology. 2nd ed. 2009ClinicalKeyBecause of the increase in serious kidney diseases, including end-stage renal disease, your role as a nephrologist, intensivist, surgeon, or critical care physician is quickly expanding. Well received in its 1st edition, this 2nd edition continues to provide comprehensive coverage of the latest advances in critical care procedures for the adult or pediatric patient with renal diseases or disorders. Presents a common language and standardized guidelines to help multi-disciplinary physicians caring for the critically ill communicate more effectively. A new US editor, detailed discussions of different forms of organ support, artificial organs, infections, acute illness occurring in chronic hemodialysis patients, and much more make this book an exceptional resource for anyone who treats critically ill renal patients. And, as an Expert Consult title, this meticulously updated 2nd edition comes with access to the complete contents online, fully searchable.
- CT urography an atlas 2007Ovid
- Current diagnosis & treatment-- Nephrology & hypertension 2009AccessMedicinech. 1. Fluid & electrolyte disorders -- ch. 2. Acute renal failure -- ch. 3. Chronic renal failure -- ch. 4. Glomerular disorders -- ch. 5. Tubulointerstitial diseases -- ch. 6. Hypertension -- ch. 7. Cystic and genetic diseases of the kidney -- ch. 8. Renal replacement therapy -- ch. 9. Kidney disease in special populations -- ch. 10. Special topics in nephrology.
- This volume fulfills the need for an easy-to-use and authoritative synopsis of intra-abdominal organ cytopathology. Part of the Essentials in Cytopathology book series, the book is heavily illustrated with a full color art program, while the text follows a user-friendly outline format. The book also fits into the lab coat pocket and is ideal for portability and quick reference. Written by authorities in the field, Cytopathology of the Liver, Biliary Tract, Kidney and Adrenal Glands is a concise and valuable resource to pathologists on the subject of intra-abdominal organ cytopathology.
- Dermatological manifestations of kidney disease 2015Springer
- Diabetes and kidney disease 2014Springer"Diabetes and Kidney Disease reviews the most up-to-date research on diabetic nephropathy, the current understanding of its pathophysiology, renal structural alterations and clinical features, and summarizes recent evidence-based clinical treatment modalities for the prevention and management of diabetic kidney disease. General clinical aspects are covered, as well as an overview to the novel approaches being designed by leading researchers in the field. A convenient compendium for physicians involved in the care of diabetic patients with varying degrees of kidney involvement, Diabetes and Kidney Disease is also a handy resource for medical residents and students interested in the current status and future approaches to reducing the burden of diabetes and diabetic kidney disease."--Publisher's website.
- Diabetes and the kidney 2011Karger
- Endovascular repair of dialysis fistulas and grafts: strengths and weaknesses -- Role of the nephrologist, interventional radiologist, and vascular access in the treatment of end-Stage renal disease -- Access creation strategy -- Natural history of vascular access -- Radiological anatomy and preoperative imaging of upper limb vessels -- Indications and imaging modalities in dialysis access -- Psychological and clinical issues -- Patient preparation prior to angiography and endovascular interventions -- Angiography (Fistulography) -- Dilation and stent placement -- Hand ischemia -- Treatment of thrombosed accesses -- Therapeutic occlusion of dysfunctional accesses -- Complications during and after vascular access endovascular procedures -- Vascular access intervention outcomes.
- Diagnostic atlas of renal pathology a companion to Brenner & Rector's the Kidney, 9th edition. 2nd ed. 2012ClinicalKeyThis 2nd edition by Agnes B. Fogo, MD and Michael Kashgarian, MD, delivers practical, highly visual guidance for effectively and accurately diagnosing a wide range of pathologic entities. More than 700 high-quality illustrations help you to recognize the pathologic features and clinical manifestations of both common and rare renal disorders and to formulate confident and accurate diagnoses. Thoroughly updated throughout, this companion to Brenner & Rector's, The Kidney, 9th Edition provides the newest information regarding categorizing and classification of diseases and describes how this relates to the various morphological lesions illustrated and their clinical significance.
- Dialysis access management 2015SpringerThis practical book covers the basic principles and practice of dialysis access management, a crucial part of the care of patients undergoing hemodialysis. It has been written in an easy-to-read, step-by-step format to help facilitate learning and understanding of the procedures, and has been supplemented with numerous operative photographs and diagrams demonstrating the commonly performed dialysis access exams, interventions, procedures and surgeries. Dialysis Access Management is an essential text for residents, fellows, and physicians who are learning or practicing in dialysis and/or dialysis access management, especially in the fields of nephrology, radiology, surgery, and vascular medicine.
- Diseases of the parathyroid glands 2012Springer1. Molecular Mechanisms of Parathyroid Hormone Synthesis / Tally Naveh-Many and Morris Nechama -- 2. Regulation of Calcium and Phosphate Metabolism / Arthur D. Conigrave -- 3. Diagnosis and Treatment of the Patient with Abnormal Calcium / Elizabeth H. Holt -- 4. The Calcium-Sensing Receptor: Physiology and Pathophysiology / Friedhelm Raue and Christine Haag -- 5. New Concepts for Primary and Secondary Hyperparathyroidism / Joachim Beige and Peter Lamesch -- 6. Calcific Uremic Arteriolopathy (Calciphylaxis) / Earl H. Rudolph and Edgar V. Lerma -- 7. Cystic Parathyroid Lesions / Jean-François Henry and Maurizio Iacobone -- 8. Parathyroid Cancer / Maurizio Iacobone and Jean-François Henry -- 9. Biochemistry, Physiology, and Pathophysiology of Parathyroid Hormone-Related Peptide / Bandana Chakravarti, Shailendra K. Dhar Dwivedi, Ambrish Mithal and Naibedya Chattopadhyay -- 10. Ectopic Parathyroid Glands / Jean-François Henry and Maurizio Iacobone -- 11. Hyperparathyroidism in Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia / Syeda S. Zaidi, Vipul T. Lakhani and James T. Broome -- 12. Familial Hypocalciuric Hypercalcemia / Ogo I. Egbuna and Edward M. Brown -- 13. Hyperparathyroidism-Jaw Tumor Syndrome / Andrew C. Calabria and Michael A. Levine -- 14. Hypoparathyroidism and Pseudohypoparathyroidism / Rajesh V. Thakker -- 15. Primary Hyperparathyroidism in Neonates and Children / Eric Mallet and Mireille Castanet -- 16. Hypoparathyroidism in Children / Anne Lienhardt-Roussie and Agnès Linglart -- 17. Parathormone Resistance in Children / Agnès Linglart and Eric Mallet -- 18. The Use of Ultrasonography in the Management of Parathyroid Diseases / Zvonimir L. Milas and Mira Milas -- 19. Imaging in Parathyroid Diseases / Donald R. Neumann and Joyce J. Shin -- 20. Parathyroid Surgery / Zvonimir L. Milas and Mira Milas.
- Antisepsis / Bianchi, P; Buoncristiani, E.; Buoncristiani, U. (Perugia) -- Sodium hypochlorite: history, properties, electrochemical production / Ponzano, G.P (Genova) -- Toxicity and safety of topical sodium hypochlorite / Bruch, M.K. (Hamilton, Va.) -- Disinfection of the dialysis monitors / Ghezzi, P.M. (Montemassi); Bonello, M. (Anagni); Ronco, C. (Vicenza) -- Biofilm on artificial surfaces / Cappelli, G. ... [et al.] -- Compatibility of electrolytically produced sodium hypochlorite solutions on long-term implanted dialysis catheters / Mishkin, G.J. (Gaithersburg, Md.) -- Hemodialysis catheter exit site care / Astle, C.M. (Edmonton) -- Effectiveness of sodium hypochlorite in the prevention of catheter related infections / Cruz, D.N. ... [et al.] -- Use of sodium hypochlorite in peritoneal dialysis : the genesis of the 'Y' set and beyond / Buoncristiani, U.; Buoncristiani, E.; Bianchi, P. (Perugia) -- Exit-site care in peritoneal dialysis / Wadhwa, N.K.; Reddy, G.H. (Stony Brook, N.Y.) -- Successful use of sodium hypochlorite pack plus systemic and local antibiotic therapy for the treatment of pseudomonas infection of peritoneal dialysis catheter exit-site / Rodighiero, M.P. ... [et al.] -- Disinfection of lines and transfer sets in peritoneal dialysis / Lew, S.Q.; Gruia, A. (Washington, D.C.) -- Amuchina 10% solution, safe antiseptic for preventing infections of exit-site of tenckhoff catheters, in the pediatric population of a dialysis program / Mendoza-Guevara, L. ... [et al.] -- Risk of peritonitis among disadvantaged CAPD patients in Mexico / Garcia-Garcia, G. ... [et al.].
- Dyslipidemias in kidney disease 2014Springer
- Machine generated contents note: pt. I Adrenal Hypertension -- 1. Primary Aldosteronism: Progress in Diagnosis, Therapy, and Genetics / Franco Veglio -- 2. Syndromes of Mineralocorticoid Excess / Christian A. Koch -- 3. Hypertension in Patients with Cushing's Syndrome / George P. Chrousos -- 4. Primary Generalized Familial and Sporadic Glucocorticoid Resistance (Chrousos Syndrome) and Hypersensitivity / George P. Chrousos -- 5. Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia / Deborah P. Merke -- 6. Adrenal Incidentalomas and Arterial Hypertension / George P. Chrousos -- 7. Pheochromocytoma: Unmasking the Chameleon / Karel Pacak -- pt. II Other Potential Causes of Endocrine Hypertension -- 8. Hypertension in Growth Hormone Excess and Deficiency / George R. Merriam -- 9. Primary Hyperparathyroidism and Hypertension / Shonni J. Silverberg -- 10. Hypertension, Vitamin D Deficiency, and Calcium Metabolism / Vin Tangpricha -- 11. Testosterone Deficiency or Male Hypogonadism / Michael Zitzmann -- 12. Insulin Resistance and Hypertension / Helmut O. Steinberg -- 13. Obesity-Associated Hypertension / Gabriel I. Uwaifo -- 14. Central Mineralocorticoid Receptors and Cardiovascular Disease / Elise P. Gomez-Sanchez.
- Endothelin in renal physiology and disease 2011Karger
- Endotoxin in the pathogenesis of sepsis / Marshall, J.C. -- Endotoxins and other sepsis triggers / Opal, S.M. -- Rationale of extracorporeal removal of endotoxin in sepsis : theory, timing and technique / Ronco, C., Piccinni, P., Kellum, J. -- Extracorporeal removal of endotoxin : the polymyxin B-immobilized fiber cartridge / Tani, T. ... [et al.] -- Mechanisms of polymyxin B endotoxin removal from extracorporeal blood flow : molecular interactions / Vesentini, S. ... [et al.] -- Mechanisms of polymyxin B endotoxin removal from extracorporeal blood flow : hydrodynamics of sorption / Fiore, G.B. ... [et al.] -- Endotoxin removal by polymyxin B immobilized cartridge inactivates circulating proapoptotic factors / Martin, E.L., Ranieri, V.M. -- Polymyxin-B hemoperfusion and endotoxin removal : lessons from a review of the literature / Cruz, D.N. ... [et al.] -- PMX endotoxin removal in the clinical practice : results from the EUPHAS trial / Antonelli, M. ... [et al.] on behalf of the EUPHAS Study Group -- Early management of endotoxemia using the endotoxin activity assay and polymyxin B-based hemoperfusion / Novelli, G. ... [et al.] -- Endotoxin activity level and septic shock : a possible role for specific anti-endotoxin therapy? / Monti, G. ... [et al.] -- Endotoxin removal : how far from the evidence? : from EUPHAS to EUPHRATES / Rachoin, J.-S. ... [et al.] -- Endotoxin removal : how far from the evidence? : the EUPHAS 2 project / Martin, E.L. ... [et al.].
- Essentials of percutaneous dialysis interventions 2011SpringerIntroduction -- Fistula First, K/DOQI and Documentation -- The Dialysis Outcomes and Practice Pattern Study (DOPPS): Lessons for Interventionalists -- Controversies in Vascular Access Monitoring and Surveillance -- Clinical Relevance of Vascular Access Monitoring and Surveillance -- Molecular Mechanisms of Hemodialysis Graft Failure -- The Vascular Access Coordinator -- The Procedure Room, Equipment and Radiation Safety -- Patient Considerations and Preparation -- Patient Monitoring, Sedation and Post-Procedure Care -- Sterile Technique -- Contrast Agents -- Dialysis Catheters -- Dialysis Grafts Versus Fistulas -- Commonality of Interventions in AV Accesses -- Interventions in Dialysis Grafts -- Interventions in Dialysis Fistulas -- The Immature or Failure to Mature Fistula -- Cephalic Arch Stenosis -- Central Venous Interventions -- Hemodialysis Access Interventions: An Asian Perspective -- Pediatric Hemodialysis Interventions -- Puncture Site Management -- No Remaining Venous Access -- Radiologic Peritoneal Dialysis Catheter Insertion and Troubleshooting -- Complications and Possible Solutions -- On-Label, Off-Label, Misconceptions and Devices that Do not Work -- Publications of Hemodialysis Interventions: What Is Relevant? -- Interesting Cases.
- Exercise-induced acute renal failure acute renal failure with severe loin pain and patchy renal ischemia after anaerobic exercise 2007Springer
- Our understanding of the pathogenesis of renal diseases and the ability to accurately classify and diagnose them has improved considerably over the last two decades. Until now, however, this information has not been available in a single, up-to-date and succinct yet comprehensive source. The publication at hand aims at filling this gap, condensing a vast amount of information into easily accessible chapters. After a discussion of basic concepts and principles of renal tissue reactions to injurious agents using a specific cell/compartment approach, a multitude of disorders are looked at, including renal interstitial fibrosis, glomerulosclerosis, various forms of glomerulonephritis and nephropathy, amyloidosis and renal Fanconi syndrome. Some of the chapters address controversial subjects, reporting the current situation and showing areas of future potential research interest. At the end of many of the contributions, a summary is provided, often in the form of a chart to facilitate the understanding of the information and to make it most useful for didactic purposes. This book is intended for students of various disciplines, as well as clinicians and investigators and all those trying to correlate basic research information with clinical issues.
- Fluid overload diagnosis and management 2010Karger"Fluid overload is often observed in patients with heart failure and secondary oliguric states. A thorough assessment of the fluid status of the patient may help guide the therapy and prevent complications induced by inappropriate therapeutic strategies. The present publication is divided into four parts: Definition and Classification, Pathophysiology, Diagnosis and Therapy."--Website.
- Fluid, Electrolyte and Acid-Base Disorders: Clinical Evaluation & Management is a clear and concise presentation of the fundamentals of fluid, electrolyte and acid-base disorders frequently encountered in clinical practice. Each chapter begins with pertinent basic physiology followed by its clinical disorder. Cases for each fluid, electrolyte and acid-base disorder are discussed with answers. In addition, board-type questions with explanations are provided for each clinical disorder to increase the knowledge for the clinician. Practical and clinically oriented, this book is a handy reference for practicing physicians, students, residents and fellows.
- Principles of acid-base physiology -- Tools to use to diagnose acid-base disorders -- Metabolic acidosis: clinical approach -- Metabolic acidosis due to a deficit of NaHCO₃ -- Ketoacidosis -- Metabolic acidosis: acid gain types -- Metabolic alkalosis -- Respiratory acid-base disturbances -- Sodium and waterphysiology -- Hyponatremia -- Hypernatremia -- Polyuria -- Potassium physiology -- Hypokalemia -- Hyperkalemia -- Hyperglycemia.
- Fundamentals of Renal Pathology is a compact and up-to-date resource on the basics of renal pathology that will be of particular value to residents and fellows in training in renal pathology, general pathology, and nephrology, but will also serve as a handy reference for the more experienced. This second, revised and updated edition of the book offers an integrated approach based on contributions from established experts in the field. After considering normal renal anatomy and basic concepts and methods used in the assessment of renal biopsies, key diseases are discussed within the context of clinical presentations. The emphasis is on clinicopathological correlation and differential diagnosis. Topics discussed include glomerular diseases with nephrotic or nephritic syndrome presentations; systemic and vascular diseases affecting the kidney, including diseases affecting the renal transplant; tubulointerstitial diseases; and plasma cell dyscrasias and associated diseases. Well-chosen color illustrations and electron micrographs enhance and complement the text, and tables summarize the most up-to-date classifications and approaches for the various disease entities.
- Renal diseases as targets of gene therapy / Phillips, B., Giannoukakis, N., Trucco, M. -- Non-viral gene delivery / Akital, H., Harashima, H -- Retrovirus vectors for gene delivery / Lech, P., Somia N.V -- Adenovirus vectors for renal targeted gene delivery / Appledorn, D.M., Seregin, S., Amalfitano, A. -- Adeno-associated virus vectors: versatile tools for in vivo gene transfer / Zentilin, L., Giacca, M. -- RNA interference in research and therapy of renal diseases / Rácz, Z., Hamar, P -- Gene therapy for acute renal failure / Torras, J., Cruzado, J.M., Grinyo, J.M -- Chronic deteriorating renal function and renal fibrosis / Isaka, Y., Takahara, S., Imai, E. -- Allograft rejection: acute and chronic studies / Tomasoni, S., Remuzzi, G., Benigni, A. -- Gene therapy for renal cancer / Haviv, Y.S., Curiel, D.T -- HIV-associated nephropathy / Wyatt, C.M., Rosenstiel, P.E., Klotman, P.E.
- Genitourinary imaging case review. 2nd ed. 2007ClinicalKeyThis title provides an excellent case selection for sharpening diagnostic skills in this challenging subspecialty area. Emphasis is on differential diagnoses and pertinent radiological findings, but the relevant clinical points are also covered. This second edition contains numerous new images (more than 400 total images) as well as an addition of fifty cases. It is cross-referenced to GU RADIOLOGY: The Requisites, 2e. Volume in the Case Review series, covering brain imaging, targeted towards residents, fellows and practicing RadiologistsMimics official exam formats and daily practice environment with a pedagogically anchored format that introduces cases/images as unknowns with three to four questions; then, on the flip side of the page, diagnosis, answers to the questions, additional commentary, references and cross-references to The Requisites volume are supplied in logical succession; blank space is available for note taking. Cases are randomly organized and then divided into three overall categories reflecting three different levels of difficulty.
- Genitourinary imaging-- a case based approach 2015SpringerCovering all modalities currently used as well as emerging novel imaging tools, each chapter covers an aspect of Genitourinary Imaging with a comprehensive coverage of subspeciatlies. Genitourinary Imaging - A Case Based Approach closely mimics day to day clinical practice, and allows retention of pertinent practice information in an easy to understand format. Providing Genitourinary specific content in a portable form that can be used in close proximity to the PACS workstation, Genitourinary Imaging - A Case Based Approach is the perfect book for residents both in training and practicing as well as genitourinary radiologists worldwide.
- Genitourinary pathology-- practical advances 2015SpringerThis book provides a comprehensive, state-of-the art review of the genitourinary tumor pathology field and the most contemporary insights regarding specimen submission, histologic morphology, immunohistochemistry, and molecular studies useful in the diagnosis of genitourinary neoplasms. Discussion of the clinical implications of pathological findings is contributed by renowned clinicians in the field. This handsome volume guides the reader through the intricacies of genitourinary tumor pathology, diagnosis, reporting, and prognosis. Written by experts in the field, Genitourinary Pathology: Practical Advances is of great value to anatomic pathologists, urologists, fellows in genitourinary pathology, as well as upper level residents training in pathology .
- Genitourinary pathology. Second edition. [2nd ed.] 2015ClinicalKeyNonneoplastic diseases of the prostate / Kiril Trpkov -- Neoplastic diseases of the prostate / Ming Zhou, Cristina Magi-Galluzzi -- Nonneoplastic diseases of the urinary bladder / Fang-Ming Deng, Jonathan Melamed -- Neoplasms of the urinary bladder / Jesse K. McKenney, Ming Zhou, Cristina Magi-Galluzzi -- Nonneoplastic diseases of the kidney / Stephen M. Bonsib -- Neoplasms of the kidney / Ming Zhou, Eyas M. Hattab, John N. Eble, Liang Cheng -- Introduction to renal biopsy / Laura Barisoni, Lois J. Arend, David B. Thomas -- Diseases of the ureter and renal pelvis / Ximing J. Yang -- Diseases of penis, urethra, and scrotum / Rajal B. Shah -- Nonneoplastic diseases of the testis / Cristina Magi-Galluzzi, Howard S. Levin -- Neoplasms of the testis / Charles C. Guo.
- 1. Renal Neoplasms / Gregory T. MacLennan -- 2. Inflammatory Conditions of the Kidney / Gregory T. MacLennan -- 3. Cystic Diseases of the Kidney / Gregory T. MacLennan -- 4. Renal Calculus Disease / Can Zafer Karaman -- 5. Vascular Disorders of the Kidney / Gregory T. MacLennan -- 6. Medical Renal Disease and Transplantation Considerations / Gregory T. MacLennan -- 7. Non-neoplastic Disorders of the Renal Pelvis and Ureter / Gregory T. MacLennan -- 8. Neoplasms of the Renal Pelvis and Ureter / Gregory T. MacLennan -- 9. Renal and Ureteral Trauma / Vikram S. Dogra -- 10. Nonneoplastic Disorders of the Bladder / Gregory T. MacLennan -- 11. Neoplasms of the Bladder / Gregory T. MacLennan -- 12. Bladder Trauma / Musturay Karcaaltincaba -- 13. Congenital and Acquired Nonneoplastic Disorders of the Urethra / Gregory T. MacLennan -- 14. Neoplasms of the Urethra / Gregory T. MacLennan.
- Handbook of dialysis. 4th ed. 2007Ovid
- Options for patients with kidney failure / William G. Goodman and Gabriel M. Danovitch -- Transplantation immunobiology / Didier A. Mandelbrot and Mohamed H. Sayegh -- Histocompatibility testing, cross-matching, and allocation of kidney transplants / J. Michael Cecka and Elaine F. Reed -- Immunosuppressive medications and protocols for kidney transplantation / Gabriel M. Danovitch -- Medical and surgical aspects of kidney donation / Elizabeth Kendrick ... [et al.] -- Evaluation and preparation of renal transplant candidates / Nauman Siddqi and Sundaram Hariharan -- The transplant operation and its surgical complications / Jennifer Singer, H. Albin Gritsch, and J. Thomas Rosenthal -- The first three posttransplant months / William J.C. Amend, Jr., Flavio Vincenti, and Stephen J. Tomlanovich -- Long-term posttransplant management and complications / Meena Sahadevan and Bertram Kasiske -- Infections in kidney transplantation / Bernard M. Kubak ... [et al.] -- Kidney transplantation and liver disease / Fabrizio Fabrizi, Suphamai Bunnapradist, and Paul Martin -- Diagnostic imaging in kidney transplantation / Peter Zimmerman, Nagesh Ragavendra, and Christiaan Schiepers -- Pathology of kidney transplantation / Cynthia C. Nast and Arthur H. Cohen -- Kidney and pancreas transplantation in diabetic patients / John D. Pirsch, Hans W. Sollinger, and Craig Smith -- Kidney transplantation in children / Samhar I. al-Akash and Robert B. Ettenger -- Psychiatric aspects of kidney transplantation / Kirk Murphy -- Ethical and legal issues surrounding kidney transplantation / Robyn S. Shapiro -- Nutrition in the kidney transplant recipient / Susan Weil Guichard -- Psychosocial and financial aspects of transplantation / Robert S. Gaston, Marci H. Gitlin.
- Handbook of renal biopsy pathology. 2nd ed. 2008Springer
- Hemodiafiltration 2007KargerThe birth of hemodiafiltration / L.W. Henderson -- Evolution of hemodiafiltration / C. Ronco -- Solute removal by hollow-fiber dialyzers / W.R. Clark, E. Rocha, C. Ronco -- Fluid mechanics and crossfiltration in hollow-fiber hemodialyzers / C. Ronco -- Mechanisms of solute and fluid removal in hemodiafiltration / A.C. Yamashita -- Membranes and filters for haemodiafiltration / N.A. Hoenich -- Technical aspects of online hemodiafiltration / H.-D. Polaschegg, T. Roy -- Quality of water, dialysate and infusate / G. Cappelli ... [et al.] -- Fluids in bags for hemodiafiltration / I. Ledebo -- Hemodiafiltration with endogenous reinfusion / M.L. Wratten, P.M. Ghezzi -- Low- (classical) and high-efficiency haemodiafiltration / V. Wizemann -- Online hemodiafiltration : technical options and best clinical practices / B. Canaud -- Mixed-dilution hemodiafiltration / L.A. Pedrini, S. Zerbi -- Paired hemodiafiltration / F. Pizzarelli -- Acetate-free biofiltration / A. Santoro ... [et al.] -- Mid-dilution : an innovative high-quality and safe haemodiafiltration approach / J. Potier -- Double high-flux hemodiafiltration / B. von Albertini -- Push/pull hemodiafiltration / T. Shinzato, K. Maeda -- Principles and practice of internal hemodiafiltration / G.B. Fiore, C. Ronco -- Clinical aspects of haemodiafiltration / F. Locatelli, S. Di Filippo, C. Manzoni -- The biological response to online hemodiafiltration / V. Panichi, C. Tetta -- Clearance of beta-2-microglobulin and middle molecules in haemodiafiltration / J. Tattersall -- Inflammation and hemodiafiltration / R. Ramirez, A. Martin-Malo, P. Aljama -- Effect of online hemodiafiltration on morbidity and mortality of chronic kidney disease patients / B. Canaud -- Optimizing the prescription of hemodiafiltration / F. Maduell.
- Hemodiafiltration a new era 2011KargerHighlighting recent advances and clinical experiences.
- This book contains notable contributions from the well-known Vicenza course on hemodialysis and miniaturized wearable devices for renal replacement therapy. The main themes covered in this publication include cardio-renal syndromes as well as new technologies in hemodialysis, new dialysis membranes and techniques, the importance of vitamin D receptors in renal and extra-renal physiology, and the control of risk factors such as blood pressure and lipid disorders. Special interest is placed on new models of organization including large dialysis networks and health care economics. Moreover, acute kidney injury and its impact on the subsequent development of chronic kidney disease are discussed together with the use of modern biomarkers. Microfluidics, nanotechnology and miniaturized dialysis devices suitable for wearable ambulatory treatments are also covered in depth. The publication at hand is a useful tool for consultation by the clinician as well as for those involved in the care of patients with end-stage kidney disease.
- Hepatitis C : epidemiology, diagnosis, natural history, and therapy / S. Pol ... [et al.] -- Hepatitis C and renal disease : epidemiology, diagnosis, pathogenesis, and therapy / J.M. Morales, N. Kamar, L. Rostaing -- Hepatitis C-induced renal disease in patients with AIDS : an emergent problem / M. Praga, E. Gutirrez Solis, E. Morales -- Hepatitis C in hemodialysis : epidemiology and prevention of hepatitis C virus transmission / M. Jadoul, G. Barril -- Hepatitis C-related liver disease in dialysis patients / F. Fabrizi... [et al.] -- Treatment of hepatitis C in dialysis patients / N. Esforzado, J.M. Campistol -- Selection and management of hepatitis C virus-infected patients for the kidney transplant waiting list / D. Roth, R. Bloom -- Kidney transplantation in the patient with hepatitis C virus infection / J.M. Morales, R. Bloom, D. Roth -- Treatment of hepatitis C virus infection after kidney transplantation / L. Rostaing ... [et al.] -- Immunosuppression in hepatitis C virus-infected patients after kidney transplantation / O. Manuel ... [et al.] -- Impact of extrahepatic complications (diabetes and glomerulonephritis) associated with hepatitis C virus infection after renal transplantation / J.M. Cruzado, O. Bestard, J.M. Grinycent -- Renal transplantation from donors with a positive serology for hepatitis C / B. Domínguez-Gil ... [et al.].
- High-performance membrane dialyzers 2011KargerDefinition of high-performance membranes -- from the clinical point of view / A. Saito -- Solute removal efficiency and biocompatibility of the high-performance membrane -- from engineering points of view / K. Sakai, M. Matsuda -- Biocompatible characteristics of high-performance membranes / S. Uda, M. Mizobuchi, T. Akizawa -- Selection guidelines for high-performance membrane / T. Sanaka, M. Koremoto -- Preferred performance of the high-performance membrane in the case of online hemodiafiltration / H. Kawanishi -- Preferred dialysis fluid for the high-performance membrane / T. Tomo -- Required water quality for the use of high-performance membranes / I. Aoike -- Clinical outcomes of the high-performance membrane dialyzer / Y. Koda -- Endotoxin and bacterial level of dialysate fluid quality / Y. Isakozawa, S. Takesawa, V. David -- Albumin loss under the use of the high-performance membrane / K. Tsuchida, J. Minakuchi -- Choice of modality with the use of high-performance membrane / I. Masakane -- Mass transfer mechanisms in high-performance membrane dialyzers / A.C. Yamashita -- Fluid and solute transfer characteristics in a dialyzer with a high-performance membrane / M. Mineshima -- Contribution of polysulfone membranes to the success of convective dialysis therapies / S.K. Bowry, E. Gatti, J. Vienken -- AN69 : evolution of the world's first high permeability membrane / M. Thomas, K. Moriyama, I. Ledebo -- Polyethersulfone as a high-performance membrane / D.H. Krieter, H.-D. Lemke -- Polymethylmethacrylate membrane with a series of serendipity / Y. Sakaiu -- Polyester polymer alloy as a high-performance membrane / T. Igoshi ... [et al.] -- Cellulose triacetate as a high-performance membrane / T. Sunohara, T. Masuda -- Ethylene vinyl alcohol co-polymer as a high-performance membrane : an EVOH membrane with excellent biocompatibility / A. Nakano -- Sustained high-efficiency daily diafiltration using a mediator-adsorbing membrane (SHEDD-fA) in the treatment of patients with severe sepsis / O. Nishida ... [et al.] -- Comparison of efficacy between continuous hemodiafiltration with a PMMA high-performance membrane dialyzer and a pan membrane hemofilter in the treatment of septic shock patients with acute renal failure / K. Matsuda ... [et al.] -- Commercially available high-performance membrane dialyzers and several special kinds on the Japanese market (as of April 30, 2011) / A.C. Yamashita.
- Hilar Cholangiocarcinoma 2013SpringerThis is a multi-author book on hilar cholangiocarcinoma, written by an international team of world-renowned experts covering topics in their respective areas of expertise. There are altogether 71 authors from 14 countries/regions, mainly Argentina, Australia, China, Germany, Italy, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Thailand, the Netherlands, the United Kingdom and the United States of America.This book aims to provide an up-to-date, fully referenced text that is as succinct as possible, but as comprehensive as necessary, addressing all topics in hilar cholangiocarcinoma.
- History of dialysis in the UK c.1950-1980 the transcript of a Witness Seminar held by the Wellcome Trust Centre for the History of Medicine at UCL, London, on 26 February 2008 2009Wellcome Trust
- Home dialysis in Japan contemporary status 2012KargerA kinetic model for peritoneal dialysis and its application for complementary dialysis therapy / Yamashita, A.C. -- How automated peritoneal dialysis is applied and maintained in Japan / Nakamoto, H. -- Introduction and maintenance program for PD based on PD guidelines for Japan / Nakayama, M. -- Appropriate drug dosing in patients receiving peritoneal dialysis / Hirata, S., Kadowaki, D. -- Surgical and medical treatments of encapsulation peritoneal sclerosis / Kawanishi, H. -- Application of peritoneal dialysis in elderly patients by classifying the age into young-old, old, and oldest-old / Hiramatsu, M. ... [et al.] -- Maintenance of continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis in elderly patients / Ishida, M. -- Role of nurses in a continuous ambulatory peritoneal diagnosis outpatient clinic / Kimura, Y., Inoue, T., Suzuki, H. -- Combination therapy with hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis / Suzuki, H. ... [et al.] -- Implementation of a cooperative program for peritoneal dialysis / Okada, K., Abe, M., Soma, M. -- Care for patients carrying out dialysis therapy at home / Imada, A. -- Perspectives on home hemodialysis in Japan / Maeda, K., Nakai, S. -- Current international status of home hemodialysis / Saito, A. ... [et al.] -- Future home hemodialysis : advantages of the NxStage System One / Takahashi, S. -- Introduction to home hemodialysis / Ogawa, H. -- Overnight home hemodialysis : eight patients and six years of experience in Sakairumi clinics / Tanaka, H. ... [et al.] -- Practice of home hemodialysis in dialysis clinic / Tomita, K. -- Perspective of home hemodialysis in Japan / Narikiyo, T., Nakamoto, M. -- Role of clinical engineers in home hemodialysis / Ohhashi, N. ... [et al.] -- Daily hemodialysis improves uremia-associated clinical parameters in the short term / Kojima, E. ... [et al.] -- Development of a nanotechnology-based dialysis device / Kanno, Y., Miki, N.
- Clinical relevance of preformed HLA donor-specific antibodies in kidney transplantation / C. Lefaucheur ... [et al.] -- Therapeutic strategies in management of the highly HLA-sensitized and ABO-incompatible transplant recipients / S.C. Jordan ... [et al.] -- Posttransplant immunosuppression in highly sensitized patients / E. Akalin -- Rapid accomodation of an A1 renal allograft after preconditioning for ABO-incompatible transplantation / G. Allen ... [et al.] -- ABO-incompatible kidney transplantation with antigen-specific immunoadsorption and rituximab / M. Geyer ... [et al.] -- Evaluation of two different preconditioning regimens for ABO-incompatible living kidney donor transplantation : a comparison of splenectomy vs. rituximab-treated non-splenectomy preconditioning regimens / K. Tanabe ... [et al.]. Pathology of chronic humoral rejection / R.B. Colvin -- De novo anti-HLA antibody responses after renal transplantation : detection and clinical impact / M. Seveso ... [et al.] -- The emerging issue of MICA antibodies : antibodies to MICA and other antigens of endothelial cells / P. Stastny ... [et al.] -- Development of non-donor-specific HLA antibodies after kidney transplantation : frequency and clinical implications / D. Briggs, D. Zehnder, R.M. Higgins -- Control of anti-donor antibody production post-transplantation : conventional and novel immunosuppressive therapies / J.M. Cruzado, O. Bestard, J.M. Grinyó -- Non-HLA antibodies post-transplantation: clinical relevance and treatment in solid organ transplantation / D. Dragun, B. Hegner.
- Purine metabolism and hyperuricemic states: 'The point of view of the rheumatologist' / G. Peronato -- Inherited hyperuricemic disorders / W.L. Nyhan -- Pharmacology of drugs for hyperuricemia: mechanisms, kinetics and interactions / F. Pea -- Hyperuricemic syndromes in cancer patients / A.-M. Tsimberidou, M.J. Keating -- Incidence and pathogenesis of tumor lysis syndrome / F. Locatelli, F. Rossi -- Recombinant urate oxidase (rasburicase) in the prophylaxis and treatment of tumor lysis syndrome / S. Jeha, C.-H. Pui -- Treatment and prevention of tumor lysis syndrome in children: experience of Associazione Italiana Ematologia Oncologia Pediatrica / A. Pession, E. Barbieri -- Intensive chemotherapy in patients with lymphoma: management of the risk of hyperuricemia / C. Tarella ... [et al.] -- Hyperuricemia and bone marrow transplantation / G. Lambertenghi Deliliers, C. Annaloro -- Rasburicase therapy in acute hyperuricemia and renal dysfunction / C. Ronco ... [et al.] -- Hyperuricemia in kidney transplantation / N. Perico ... [et al.] -- Uric acid elimination in the urine: pathophysiological implications / M. Marangella -- Pharmacological treatment of acute and chronic hyperuricemia in kidney diseased patients / G. Bellinghieri, D. Santoro, V. Savica -- Pharmacological treatment of acute renal failure in intensive care unit patients / D. Moreau.
- Hyponatremia evaluation and treatment 2013SpringerEpidemiology and Significance of Hyponatremia -- Physiology of Water Balance and Pathophysiology of Hyponatremia -- Utility of Electrolyte-Free Water Clearance in the Analysis and Treatment of the Dysnatremias -- Cerebral-Renal Salt Wasting -- CNS Manifestations of Hyponatremia and Its Treatment -- Hyponatremia Induced by Drugs -- Hyponatremia in Heart Failure -- Hyponatremia in Cirrhosis: Evaluation and Treatment -- Hyponatremia in Psychosis -- Exercise-Associated Hyponatremia -- Vasopressin Receptor Antagonists -- Treatment of Hyponatremia.
- IgA nephropathy today 2007Karger
- Imaging of kidney cancer 2006Springer
- Management of ADPKD -- Secondary Glomerular Disease Lupus Nephritis -- ANCA-Associated Vasculitis -- Acute Kidney Injury -- Chronic Kidney Disease -- Anaemia in Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) -- Lipids and Chronic Kidney Disease -- Chronic Kidney Disease with Mineral and Bone Disorder (CKD-MBD) -- Diabetic Nephropathy -- Primary Glomerular Disease -- Hemodialysis -- Peritoneal Dialysis -- Transplantation.
- Interventional nephrology principles and practice 2014Springer1. Pre-operative Evaluation -- History -- 2. Pre-operative Evaluation -- Physical Examination -- 3. Admission After Intervention -- When and Why -- 4. Communicating Effectively for Interventional Nephrologists -- 5. Anticoagulants and Thrombolytics -- 6. Non-invasive Screening and Testing for PAD in CKD patients -- 7. Overview of PAD Treatment in the CKD Population: Indications, Medical Strategies, and Endovascular Techniques -- 8. Unconventional Venous Access: Percutaneous Translumbar and Transhepatic Venous Access for Hemodialysis -- 9. Approach to a Non-Functioning Catheter -- 10. Approach to the Infected Catheter -- 11. Approach to a Patient Referred for Vascular Mapping -- 12. Approach to Arteriovenous Access -- 13. Approach to a Patient with Non-maturing AV Fistula -- 14. Approach to an Arteriovenous Access with Hyperpulsatile Pulse -- 15. Approach to an Arteriovenous Access with a Faint Thrill -- 16. Approach to an Arteriovenous Access with No Thrill, Bruit, or Pulse -- 17. Approach to Patient with Arteriovenous Access Presenting with Hand Pain -- 18. Central Vein Stenosis -- 19. Approach to a Patient with Pseudoaneurysm -- 20. Approach to Chest Pain During Dialysis -- 21. Approach to Cyanotic Digits and Hand Paresis -- 22. Approach to an Abnormal Surveillance Measurement -- 23. Arterial Stenosis Affecting Arteriovenous Fistulae and Grafts in Hemodialysis Patients: Approach to Diagnosis and Management -- 24. Approach to the Patient with Suspected Renal Artery Stenosis -- 25. Vascular Injury During Interventions -- 26. Pulmonary Embolism Associated with Dialysis Access Procedure -- 27. Stent Migration -- 28. Foreign Body Retrieval -- 29. Contrast and Medication Allergic Reactions -- 30. The Management of Serious Adverse Events Associated with Interventional Procedures -- 31. Preoperative Evaluation of a Patient for Peritoneal Dialysis Catheter -- Operative Considerations for Peritoneal Dialysis Catheter -- Approach to a Patient with Visceral Perforation.
- Kidney and urinary tract diseases in the newborn 2014SpringerEmbryology of the Urinary Tract -- Normal Development of Renal Function of the Newborn -- Fluid and Electrolytes in the Newborn -- Special Considerations -- Tools for the Assessment of Renal Function in the Newborn -- Oral and Parenteral Nutrition of the Newborn with Urinary Tract Disease -- Fetal Urology -- Imaging of the Urinary Tract in Newborns -- Urinary Tract Infections -- Hydronephrosis -- Posterior Urethral Valves -- Prune Belly Syndrome -- Structural Abnormalities of the External Genitalia and Urinary Tract -- Structural Abnormalities of the kidney and Ureter -- Neonatal Tumors involving the Urinary Tract -- Cystic Kidney Disease -- Congenital Nephrotic Syndrome -- Acute Kidney Injury -- Renal Replacement Therapy in the Neonate -- Neonatal Hypertension -- Electrolyte Abnormalities in the Newborn.
- Kidney cancer-- principles and practice 2012Springer"Kidney Cancer: Principles and Practice is an interdisciplinary textbook that encompasses all clinically relevant aspects of the disease and is designed to be as user-friendly as possible in order to meet the needs of the busy practitioner. To this end, the informative text is complemented by helpful boxed sections that present essential 'take home' points and patient-oriented cases demonstrating the clinical application of elements discussed in the chapter in question. Original high-quality images, some in color, are included whenever necessary to simplify particularly complex material. The authors are an international group of acknowledged experts in kidney cancer epidemiology, molecular biology, pathology, diagnosis, clinical features, staging, prognostic and predictive factors, surgery, systemic therapy, and emerging investigational approaches, among others. This clinically oriented volume will be of great interest to clinicians, researchers, residents, and fellows, as well as to students and knowledgeable lay people."--Publisher's website.
- Kidney development in renal pathology 2014SpringerThis volume provides a comprehensive, state-of-the art review in the field of experimental and human nephrogenesis. The book reviews new data on the effects on kidney development by neonatal asphyxia, obstructive uropathies, nephrotoxic drugs, malnutrition, underfeeding, overfeeding, and provides all possible preventive measures to ensure the well-being of the kidney at birth. The book also discusses the possible implications between renal development and the insurgence of kidney disease in adult life, and the correlation with renal carcinogenesis. Written by well recognized experts in their fields, Kidney Development in Renal Pathology is a valuable tool for pathologists, neonatologists, nephrologists, gynecologists, and researchers with an interest in kidney diseases.
- Kidney from normal development to congenital abnormalities 2003ScienceDirect
- Kidney in plasma cell dyscrasias 2007KargerThe kidney in plasma cell dyscrasias: a current view and a look at the future / Herrera, G.A. -- A history of the kidney in plasma cell disorders / Steensma, D.P., Kyle, R.A. -- Patholigic studies useful for the diagnosis and monitoring of plasma cell dyscrasias / Veillon, D.M., Cotelingam, J.D. -- Serum free light chains in the diagnosis and monitoring of patients with plasma cell dyscrasias / Mayo, M.M., Schaef Johns, G. -- Mechanisms of renal damage in plasma cell dyscrasias: an overview / Merlini, G., Pozzi, C. -- Proximal tubular injury in myeloma / Batuman, V. -- Paraproteinemic renal diseases that involve the tubulo-interstitium / Herrera, G.A., Sanders, P.W. -- The mesangium as a target for glomerulopathic light and heavy chains: pathogenic considerations in light and heavy chain-mediated glomerular damage / Keeling, J., Herrera, G.A. -- Immunoglobulin light and heavy chain amyloidosis AL/AH: renal pathology and differential diagnosis / Picken, M.M. -- Diversity and diversification of light chains in myeloma: the specter of amyloidogenesis by proxy / Gu, M., Wilton, R., Stevens, F.J. -- High-dose therapy in patients with plasma cell dyscrasias and renal dysfunction / Pineda-Roman, M., Tricot, G. -- Current and emerging views and treatments of systemic immunoglobulin light-chain (AL) amyloidosis / Comenzo, R.L.
- Kidney in systemic autoimmune diseases. 1st ed. 2007ScienceDirectThis volume brings together an international group of clinicians and clinical scientists to contribute to a state-of the-art review of the underlying pathogenic mechanisms, methods of clinical assessment, classification and diagnosis of renal disease, combined with a detailed overview of treatment strategies. An essential reference source for all those involved with the care of patients with renal involvement in systemic autoimmune disease, and for those contributing to research into the underlying pathogenic mechanisms in these disorders.
- Kidney research experimental protocols 2009Springer ProtocolsIsolation and propagation of glomerular mesangial cells / Paolo Mené and Antonella Stoppacciaro -- Isolation and primary culture of human proximal tubule cells / David A. Vesey ... [et al.] -- Propagation and culture of renal fibroblasts / Lauren Grimwood and Rosemary Masterson -- Small animal models of kidney disease : a review / Tim D. Hewitson, Takahiko Ono, and Gavin J. Becker -- Measurement of glomerular filtration rate in conscious mice / Zhonghua Qi and Matthew D. Breyer -- Laser capture microdissection of kidney tissue / Robert P. Woroniecki and Erwin P. Bottinger -- Quantitative gene expression analysis in kidney tissues / Chris Tikellis ... [et al.] -- In vivo imaging of leukocyte recruitment to glomeruli in mice using intravital microscopy / A. Richard Kitching, Michael P. Kuligowski, and Michael J. Hickey -- Using in situ hybridization to localize renal gene expression in tissue sections / Ian A. Darby, Alexis Desmoulière, and Tim D. Hewitson -- Immuno and lectin histochemistry for renal light microscopy / Tim D. Hewitson and Lauren Grimwood -- Immuno and lectin histochemistry for renal electron microscopy / Mitsuru Nakajima -- Pimonidazole adduct immunohistochemistry in the rat kidney : detection of tissue hypoxia / Christian Rosenberger ... [et al.] -- Identification of apoptosis in kidney tissue sections / Glenda Gobe -- Cell-populated floating collagen lattices : an in vitro model of parenchymal contraction / Kristen J. Kelynack -- Mechanical stretch-induced signal transduction in cultured mesangial cells / Joan Krepinsky -- Determination of collagen content, concentration, and sub-types in kidney tissue / Chrishan S. Samuel -- SELDI-TOF mass spectrometry-based protein profiling of kidney tissue / Eleni Giannakis ... [et al.] -- In vivo transfer of small interfering RNA or small hairpin RNA targeting glomeruli / Yoshitsugu Takabatake, Yoshitaka Isaka, and Enyu Imai.
- Kidney stone disease say NO to stones! 2015SpringerThis practical guide helps readers take charge of their health and explores the best ways to eliminate this painful disease. Kidney Stone Disease: Say NO to Stones! looks at the formation and prevention of the four major types of kidney stones, explores several different treatment options including open surgery and provides guidance on what to expect before, during and after treatment. Case histories are found at the end of each chapter to guide the reader on the different types of treatment appropriate for specific conditions. Written by a team of experts in the field, Kidney Stone Disease: Say NO to Stones! includes the latest information on risk factors, dietary and lifestyle choices, as well as state-of-the-art treatments.
- Ten Things Not to Do / Dianne B. McKay and Steven M. Steinberg -- The Transplant Procedure: Surgical Techniques and Complications / Barry J. Browne -- What Is Transplant Immunology and Why Are Allografts Rejected? / Dianne B. McKay, Ken Park and David Perkins -- What Is Histocompatibility Testing and How Is It Done? / Edgar L. Milford and Indira Guleria -- Kidney Allocation: Role of UNOS and OPOs / Patricia L. Adams, Walter K. Graham and Susan Gunderson -- Live Donors: How to Optimally Protect the Donor / Robert Steiner -- Laparoscopic Donor Nephrectomy: Essentials for the Nephrologist / Arturo Martinez -- New Sources in Living Kidney Donation / Ruthanne L. Hanto, Alvin E. Roth, M. Utku Ünver and Francis L. Delmonico -- What Are Immunosuppressive Medications? How Do They Work? What Are Their Side Effects? / Peter Chung-Wen Chang and Donald E. Hricik -- Optimizing Immunosuppression / Alexander C. Wiseman and James E. Cooper -- Evaluation of Renal Allograft Dysfunction / Robert S. Gaston -- The Kidney Transplant Biopsy / Jose R. Torrealba and Milagros D. Samaniego -- Evaluation of the Kidney Transplant Candidate and Follow-Up of the Listed Patient / Roy D. Bloom and Alden M. Doyle -- The Acute Care of the Transplant Recipient / Phuong-Thu T. Pham, Phuong-Chi T. Pham and Gabriel M. Danovitch -- Post-transplant Cardiovascular Disease / Phuong-Anh T. Pham, Carmen Slavov, Phuong-Thu T. Pham and Alan H. Wilkinson -- Diabetes Mellitus and Transplantation: Risks for Post-transplant Diabetes / Phuong-Thu T. Pham, Phuong-Mai T. Pham and Alan H. Wilkinson -- Infections in Kidney Transplant Recipients / Carlos A.Q. Santos and Daniel C. Brennan -- Malignancies Before and After Transplantation / Mary B. Prendergast and Roslyn B. Mannon -- Bone Disease in Renal Transplantation / Bradford Lee West, Stuart M. Sprague and Michelle A. Josephson -- Sexuality and Pregnancy Before and After Kidney Transplantation / Martha Pavlakis and Dianne B. McKay -- Socioeconomic Issues and the Transplant Recipient / Mary Beth Callahan and Connie L. Davis -- Adherence to the Immunosuppressive Regimen in Adult and Pediatric Kidney Transplant Recipients / Fabienne Dobbels and Richard N. Fine -- Transitioning Between Pediatric and Adult Clinics / Elizabeth Ingulli.
- Kidney transplantation practical guide to management 2014Springer"With the increased prevalence of kidney transplantation, transplant recipients are being treated in a variety of clinical settings -- often beyond the transplant center. There is a greater need for clinicians and allied healthcare professionals to have appropriate guidance on managing these patients. Kidney Transplantation offers the latest evidencebased information on the full range of dilemmas in the medical management of kidney transplant recipients before, during and after transplantation. Beginning with the selection of patients who are candidates for transplantation, this authoritative guide covers the care of the patient on the waiting list and evaluation of donors, preoperative care, induction and immunosuppression maintenance. This wealth of new information and guidelines will serve as an important resource for the best possible care for transplant patients."--Publisher's website.
- With meticulous updates throughout, Kidney Transplantation remains your definitive medical resource for state-of-the-art answers on every aspect of renal transplantation. A multidisciplinary approach from internationally renowned nephrologists from around the world offers practice-applicable guidance for all members of the transplant team. With coverage encompassing applied science, surgical techniques, immunosuppressive methods, outcomes, risks, and medical considerations related to kidney transplantation, both in adults and children, you'll have the balanced information you need to achieve the best possible outcomes. Visualize key concepts and discern nuances of renal transplantation techniques through more than 335 superb illustrations.Access the fully searchable text online anywhere, anytime with Expert Consult online access.
- Renal transplantation / Cardillo, M., et al. -- Kidney transplantation in the hyperimmunized patient / Gloor, J. -- Chronic induction : what's new in the pipeline / Vincenti, F. -- Steroid or calcineurin-inhibitor sparing immunosuppressive protocols / Griny, J.M., Cruzado, J.M. -- Steroid-free lymphocyte depletion protocols : the potential for partial tolerance? / McCauley, J., Starzl, T.E. -- Chronic graft loss : immunological and non-immunological factors / Hernandez-Fuentes, M.P., Lechl, R.I. -- Lymphocyte depletion as a barrier to immunologic tolerance / Neujahr, D., Turka, L.A. -- Monitoring of immunosuppressive therapy in renal transplanted patients / Chiaramonte, S., Dissegna, D., Ronco, C. -- Chronic allograft nephropathy : a multiple approach to target nonimmunological factors / Ruggenenti, P. -- Transplantation tolerance : a complex scenario awaiting clinical applicability / Sayegh, M.H., Perico, N., Remuzzi, G. -- Dendritic cells, tolerance, and therapy of organ allograft rejection / Raimondi, G., Thomson, A.W. -- Natural versus adaptive regulatory T cells / Cassis, L., Aiello, S., Noris, M. -- Reviewing the mechanism of peripheral tolerance in clinical transplantation / Suciu-Foca, N., Cortesini, R. -- The goal of intragraft gene therapy / Tomasoni, S., Benigni, A.
- Kidney-- toxicological assessment 2014CRCnetBASE"This book bridges the gap between advances in basic biology and chemistry and technological applications in the field of toxicity assessments. 10 chapters describe major areas of progress in the laboratory and clinic. In the first section, the aspects of cellular organelles are discussed. In the second, the basic principles and applications of modern toxicological tools such as transcriptomic, proteomic, and metabolomic approaches are covered. In the third section, the recent developments on molecular modeling and systems biology are described with an eye on the future establishment of virtual cell technology. Finally the clinical implications for the understanding of acute and chronic renal toxicity are studied"--Provided by publisher.
- Learning genitourinary and pelvic imaging 2012SpringerThis introduction to genitourinary and pelvic radiology is a further volume in the Learning Imaging series. Written in a case-based format, the book is subdivided into ten chapters: kidney; adrenal gland; urinary bladder, collecting system and urethra; prostate and seminal vesicles; scrotum; obstetrics; uterus; cervix and vagina; adnexa and retroperitoneum. Genitourinary radiology has undergone a tremendous change owing to advances in ultrasound, CT and MRI that have redefined our understanding of genitourinary and pelvic pathology. Each chapter includes an introduction and ten case studies with illustrations and comments from anatomical, physiopathological and radiological standpoints and with bibliographic recommendations. Learning Genitourinary and Pelvic Imaging will be of value for radiologists, radiology residents, medical students and anybody else working in genitourinary and pelvic pathology.Learning Imaging is a unique case-based series for those in professional education in general and for physicians in particular.
- Management of acute kidney problems 2010Springer
- This book presents a comprehensive and instructive management plan for physicians who care for CKD patients. Basic aspects of CKD, clinical assessment, evaluation and management of risk factors, cardiovascular disease in the context of CKD, assessment and management of CKD complications, special circumstances in CKD patients, and the path to renal replacement therapy are all thoroughly covered. Diagnostic and therapeutic approaches are presented according to the latest staging system for CKD, with patient care being discussed separately for each disease stage. The proposed management plan is both 'best available evidence based' and 'practice based'. The book also recognizes the needs of busy clinicians by including helpful boxes summarizing the evidence on diagnostic and therapeutic issues and practice pearls based on guidelines. The authors are recognized experts from across the world, ensuring global coverage of the problem, and most have participated in writing guidelines on CKD.
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Access restricted to Stanford community
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
Can't find it?
Look if we have it in print
- Springer Protocols
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.Large number of high quality software and database programming titles from O'Reilly. Other software titles are also available from Sams and Prentice Hall. Limited to 7 concurrent users.Vast collection of software and database programming titles from multiple publishers, including Microsoft Press.Largest provider of engineering-related eBooks; includes titles in computer science and biomedical engineering.Over 4,000 full-text e-books covering scientific and technical information from CRC Press and others. Many handbooks and single volume reference sources.A repository of medical knowledge from internal medicine, cardiology, genetics, pharmacy, diagnosis and management, basic sciences, patient care, and more. Continuously expanding, all databases in the repository contain the latest editions of selected medical titles.Includes peer-reviewed life science and biomedical research protocols compiled from Methods in Molecular Biology, Methods in Molecular Medicine, Methods in Biotechnology, Methods in Pharmacology and Toxicology, Neuromethods, the Biomethods Handbook, the Proteomics Handbook, and Springer Laboratory Manuals.Contains full text access to selected biomedical and nursing books.Provides one-click access to important clinical resources; includes evidence-based diagnosis and treatment guidelines, Books, EBM articles, Ovid MEDLINE, Drug facts and comparisons, Drug interaction facts, guidelines from National Guideline Clearinghouse, patient handouts (English and Spanish), and local content.ClinicalKey provides access to textbooks, electronic journals, practice guidelines, drug information, and patient education handouts.A collection of biomedical books that can be searched directly by concept, and linked to terms in PubMed abstracts.Provides online, full-text access to Springer's journal titles as well as journals from other publishers. Subjects include: life sciences, chemical sciences, environmental sciences, geosciences, computer science, mathematics, medicine, physics and astronomy, engineering and economics. Also includes eBooks.Collection of over 8 thousand fulltext titles in engineering, math, and basic and applied biomedical research. Coverage is from 1967 to the present.A library of ebooks on a wide array of topics, digitized and made available online in conjunction with the original publishers.