Books by Subject
- Advances in regenerative medicine 2010, SpringerCell Adhesions and Signaling: A Tool for Biocompatibility Assessment / Roumen Pankov and Albena Momchilova -- Development of Provisional Extracellular Matrix on Biomaterials Interface: Lessons from In Vitro Cell Culture / George Altankov, Thomas Groth, Elisabeth Engel, Jonas Gustavsson and Marta Pegueroles, et al. -- Endothelial Progenitor Cells for Tissue Engineering and Tissue Regeneration Endothelial Progenitor Cells / Joyce Bischoff -- Dermal Precursors and the Origins of the Wound Fibroblast / Jeffrey M. Davidson -- Cell Based Therapies: What Do We Learn from Periosteal Osteochondrogenesis? / Peter J. Emans, Tim J. M. Welting and Venkatram Prasad Shastri -- Bioreactor Systems in Regenerative Medicine / Ivan Martin, Stefania A. Riboldi and David Wendt -- Biomimetic Approaches to Design of Tissue Engineering Bioreactors / Bojana Obradovic, Milica Radisic and Gordana Vunjak-Novakovic -- The Nature of the Thermal Transition Influences the Shape-Memory Behavior of Polymer Networks / Andreas Lendlein, Marc Behl and Stefan Kamlage -- Nanoengineered Systems for Regenerative Medicine Surface Engineered Polymeric Biomaterials with Improved Bio-Contact Properties / Todorka Vladkova and Natalia Krasteva -- Nanocomposites for Regenerative Medicine / Ryan Hoshi, Antonio R. Webb, Hongjin Qiu and Guillermo A. Ameer -- Role of Spatial Distribution of Matricellular Cues in Controlling Cell Functions / Daniela Guarnieri and Paolo A. Netti -- Materials Surface Effects on Biological Interactions / Josep A. Planell, Melba Navarro, George Altankov, Conrado Aparicio and Elisabeth Engel, et al. -- Chemical and Physical Modifications of Biomaterial Surfaces to Control Adhesion of Cells / Thomas Groth, Zhen-Mei Liu, Marcus Niepel, Dieter Peschel and Kristin Kirchhof, et al. -- Results of Biocompatibility Testing of Novel, Multifunctional Polymeric Implant Materials In-Vitro and In-Vivo / Dorothee Rickert, Rosemarie Fuhrmann, Bernhard Hiebl, Andreas Lendlein and Ralf-Peter Franke -- UFOs, Worms, and Surfboards: What Shapes Teach Us About Cell-Material Interactions / Julie A. Champion and Samir Mitragotri -- Nano-engineered Thin Films for Cell and Tissue-Contacting Applications / Richard F. Haglund -- Injectable Hydrogels: From Basics to Nanotechnological Features and Potential Advances / Biancamaria Baroli -- Polyelectrolyte Complexes as Smart Nanoengineered Systems for Biotechnology and Gene Delivery / Vladimir A. Izumrudov.
- Assessing nanoparticle risks to human health 2011, ScienceDirectThe book will take a systematic look at nanoparticle risks within the paradigm of risk assessment, consider the limitations of this paradigm in dealing with the extreme uncertainties regarding many aspects of nanoparticle exposure and toxicity, and suggest new methods for assessing and managing risks in this context. It will consider the occupational environment where the potential for human exposure is the greatest as well as the issues relevant to occupational exposure assessment (e.g., the exposure metric) and the evidence from toxicological and epidemiological studies. A chapter will be devoted to how conventional risk assessment can be carried out for a candidate nanoparticle (e.g., carbon nanotubes), and the limitations that arise from this approach. We will propose several alternate methods in another chapter including screening assessments and adapting the rich methodological literature on the use of experts for risk assessment. Another chapter will deal with non-occupational populations, their susceptibilities, and life-cycle risk assessments. There will be a chapter on current risk management and regulatory oversight frameworks and their adequacy. This chapter will also include a discussion of US and EU approaches to risk assessment, as well as corporate approaches.
- Biomolecular computation for bionanotechnology 2007, Click LINK above for location/circulation status.
- Carbon nanotubes 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Catalysis and electrocatalysis at nanoparticle surfaces 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Dekker Encyclopedia of nanoscience and nanotechnology v. 1-5, 2004, CRCnetBASEv. 1. A-C -- v. 2. D-Mec -- v. 3. Met-Nano -- v. 4. Near-R -- v. 5. S-XYZ.
- Finely dispersed particles 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of materials for nanomedicine 2010, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of nanoscience, engineering, and technology 2003, CRCnetBASEEnabling technologies for molecular nanosystems -- Solution-phase chemistry -- Dynamics of brownian assembly -- Molecular systems by brownian assembly -- Large secondary bonded systems -- Protein and DNA engineering.
- Methods in nano cell biology 2008, ScienceDirect
- Micro and nano techniques for the handling of biological samples 2012, CRCnetBASEInterfacing biological material with micro- and nanodevices / Jaime Castillo-León and Winnie E. Svendsen -- Atomic force microscopy for liquid applications / Zachary James Davis -- Manipulation by electrical fields / Maria Dimaki -- Optical manipulation techniques / Kirstine Berg-Sørensen -- Ultrasonic manipulation techniques / Stefano Oberti and Jürg Dual -- 3D biomanipulation using microgrippers / Peter Bøggild -- Magnetic manipulation of biological structures / Maria Dimaki and Winnie E. Svendsen -- Microfluidic manipulation of biological samples / Fridolin Okkels.
- Nano science and technology 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Nano-biotechnology for biomedical and diagnostic research 2012, SpringerBiomolecule/nanomaterial hybrid systems for nanobiotechnology -- Superresolution optical fluctuation imaging (SOFI) -- Application of nanoparticles for the detection and sorting of pathogenic bacteria by flow-cytometry -- Advancing nanostructured porous si-based optical transducers for label free bacteria detection -- Gold fibers as a platform for biosensing -- Surface-enhanced raman spectroscopy of organic molecules adsorbed on metallic nanoparticles -- Quantum dots and fluorescent protein FRET-based biosensors -- Semiconductor quantum dots as FRET acceptors for multiplexed diagnostics and molecular ruler application -- Assembly and microscopic characterization of DNA origami structures -- DNA nanotechnology -- Role of carbohydrate receptors in the macrophage uptake of dextran-coated iron oxide nanoparticles -- Toxicity of gold nanoparticles on somatic and reproductive cells -- Ultrasound activated nano-encapsulated targeted drug delivery and tumour cell poration -- Ultrasound mediated localized drug delivery -- Sonochemical proteinaceous microspheres for wound healing -- Alendronate liposomes for antitumor therapy: activation of [gamma] [delta] T cells and inhibition of tumor growth.
- Nanobiotechnology Wileyv. 2, 2007 Wiley[v. 1]. Concepts, applications, and perspectives -- 1 . Biocompatible inorganic devices / Thomas Sawitowski -- 2. Microfluidics meets nano : lab-on-a-chip devices and their potential for nanobiotechnology / Holger Bartos, Friedrich Götz, and Ralf-Peter Peters -- 3. Microcontact printing of proteins / Emmanuel Delamarche -- 4. Cell-nanostructure interactions / Joachim P. Spatz -- 5. Defined networks of neuronal cells in vitro / Andreas Offenhäusser and Angela K. Vogt -- 6. S-Layers / Uwe B. Sleytr ... [et al.] -- 7. Engineered nanopores / Hagan Bayley ... [et al.] -- 8. Genetic approaches to programmed assembly / Stanley Brown -- 9. Microbial nanoparticle production / Murali Sastry ... [et al.] -- 10. Magnetosomes : nanoscale magnetic iron minerals in bacteria / Richard B. Frankel and Dennis A. Bazylinski -- 11. Bacteriorhodopsin and its potential in technical applications / Norbert Hampp and Dieter Oesterhelt -- 12. Polymer Nanocontainers / Alexandra Graff ... [et al.] -- 13. Biomolecular motors operating in engineered environments / Stefan Diez, Jonne H. Helenius, and Jonathon Howard -- 14. Nanoparticle-biomaterial hybrid systems for bioelectronic devices and circuitry / Eugenii Katz and Itamar Willner -- 15. DNA-protein nanostructures / Christof M. Neimeyer -- 16. DNA-templated electronics / Erez Braun and Uri Sivan -- 17. Biomimetic fabrication of DNA-based metallic nanowires and networks / Michael Mertig and Wolfgang Pompe -- 18. Mineralization in nanostructured biocompartments : biomimetic ferritins for high-density data storage / Eric L. Mayes and Stephen Mann -- 19. DNA-gold nanoparticle conjugates / C. Shad Thaxton and Chad A. Mirkin -- 20. DNA nanostructures for mechanics and computing : nonlinear thinking with life's central molecule / Nadrian C. Seeman -- 21. Nanoparticles as non-viral transfection agents / M.N.V. Ravi Kumar, Udo Bakowsky, and Claus-Michael Lehr -- 22. Luminescent quantum dots for biological labeling / Xiaohu Gao and Shuming Nie -- 23. Nanoparticle molecular labels / James F. Hainfeld, Richard D. Powell, and Gerhard W. Hacker -- 24. Surface biology : analysis of biomolecular structure by atomic force microscopy and molecular pulling / Emin Oroudjev, Signe Danielsen and Helen G. Hansma -- 25. Force spectroscopy / Markus Seitz -- 26. Biofunctionalized nanoparticles for surface-enhanced raman scattering and surface plasmon resonance / Mahnaz El-Kouedi and Christine D. Keating -- 27. Bioconjugated silica nanoparticles for bioanalytical applications / Timothy J. Drake, Xiaojun Julia Zhao, and Weihong Tan. --v. 2. More concepts and applications -- Part I. Self-Assembly and Nanoparticles: Novel Principles -- ch. 1. Self-Assembled Artificial Transmembrane Ion Channels / Mary S. Gin, Emily G. Schmidt and Pinaki Talukdar, p. 1-15 -- ch. 2. Self-Assembling Nanostructures from Coiled-Coil Peptides / Maxim G. Ryadnov and Derek N. Woolfson, p. 17-38 -- ch. 3. Synthesis and Assembly of Nanoparticles and Nanostructures Using Bio-Derived Templates / Erik Dujardin and Stephen Mann, p. 39-63 -- ch. 4. Proteins and Nanoparticles: Covalent and Noncovalent Conjugates / Rochelle R. Arvizo, Mrinmoy De and Vincent M. Rotello, p. 65-78 -- ch. 5. Self-Assembling DNA Nanostructures for Patterned Molecular Assembly / Thomas H. LaBean, Kurt V. Gothelf and John H. Reif, p. 79-97 -- ch. 6. Biocatalytic Growth of Nanoparticles for Sensors and Circuitry / Ronan Baron, Bilha Willner and Itamar Willner, p. 99-121 -- Part II. Nanostructures for Analytics -- ch. 7. Nanoparticles for Electrochemical Bioassays / Joseph Wang, p. 123-140 -- ch. 8. Luminescent Semiconductor Quantum Dots in Biology / Thomas Pons, Aaron R. Clapp, Igor L. Medintz and Hedi Mattoussi, p. 141-157 -- ch. 9. Nanoscale Localized Surface Plasmon Resonance Biosensors / Katherine A. Willets, W. Paige Hall, Leif J. Sherry, Xiaoyu Zhang, Jing Zhao and Richard P. Van Duyne, p. 159-173 -- ch. 10. Cantilever Array Sensors for Bioanalysis and Diagnostics / Hans Peter Lang, Martin Hegner and Christoph Gerber, p. 175-195 -- ch. 11. Shear-Force-Controlled Scanning Ion Conductance Microscopy / Tilman E. Schäffer, Boris Anczykowski, Matthias Böcker and Harald Fuchs, p. 197-212 -- ch. 12. Label-Free Nanowire and Nanotube Biomolecular Sensors for In-Vitro Diagnosis of Cancer and other Diseases / James R. Heath, p. 213-232 -- ch. 13. Bionanoarrays / Rafael A. Vega, Khalid Salaita, Joseph J. Kakkassery and Chad A. Mirkin, p. 233-259 -- Part III. Nanostructures for Medicinal Applications --. ch. 14. Biological Barriers to Nanocarrier-Mediated Delivery of Therapeutic and Imaging Agents, p. 261-284 / Rudy Juliano -- ch. 15. Organic Nanoparticles: Adapting Emerging Techniques from the Electronics Industry for the Generation of Shape-Specific, Functionalized Carriers for Applications in Nanomedicine / Larken E. Euliss, Julie A. DuPont and Joseph M. DeSimone, p. 285-303 -- ch. 16. Poly(amidoamine Dendrimer-Based Multifunctional Nanoparticles / Thommey P. Thomas, Rameshwer Shukla, Istvan J. Majoros, Andrzej Myc and James R. Baker, p. 305-319 -- ch. 17. Nanoparticle Contrast Agents for Molecular Magnetic Resonance Imaging / Young-Wook Jun, Jae-Hyun Lee and Jinwoo Cheon, p. 321-346 -- ch. 18. Micro- and Nanoscale Control of Cellular Environment for Tissue Engineering / Ali Khademhosseini, Yibo Ling, Jeffrey M. Karp and Robert Langer, p. 347-364 -- ch. 19. Diagnostic and Therapeutic Targeted Perfluorocarbon Nanoparticles / Patrick M. Winter, Shelton D. Caruthers, Gregory M. Lanza and Samuel A. Wickline, p. 365-380 -- Part IV. Nanomotors -- ch. 20. Biological Nanomotors / Manfred Schliwa, p. 381-399 -- ch. 21. Biologically Inspired Hybrid Nanodevices / David Wendell, Eric Dy, Jordan Patti and Carlo D. Montemagno, p. 401-418.
- Nanobiotechnology protocols 2005, Springer ProtocolsApplications of quantum dots in biology: an overview -- Fluoroimmunoassays using antibody-conjugated quantum dots -- Labeling cell-surface proteins via antibody quantum dot streptavidin conjugates -- Peptide-conjugated quantum dots: imaging the angiotensin type 1 receptor in living cells -- Quantum dot-encoded beads -- Use of nanobarcodes particles in bioassays -- Assembly and characterization of biomolecule-gold nanoparticle conjugates and their use in intracellular imaging -- Whole-blood immunoassay facilitated by gold nanoshell-conjugate antibodies -- Assays for selection of single-chain fragment variable recombinant antibodies to metal nanoclusters -- Surface-functionalized nanoparticles for controlled drug delivery -- Screening of combinatorial peptide libraries for nanocluster synthesis -- Structural DNA nanotechnology: an overview -- Nanostructured DNA templates -- Probing DNA structure with nanoparticles -- Synthetic nanoscale elements for delivery of materials into viable cells -- Real-time cell dynamics with a multianalyte physiometer
- Nanocarrier technologies 2006, Springer
- Nanoelectromechanics in engineering and biology 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Nanomaterials and nanosystems for biomedical applications 2007, SpringerMicro and nano systems in biomedicine and drug delivery / Nesrin Hasirci -- Newlipid- and glycolipid-based nanosystems for targeted gene delivery: cholenims, glycoclips, and chitosan / R.I. Zhdanov ... [et. al] -- Artificial implants - new developments and associated problems / Abdelwahab Omri -- Niosomes as nanocarrier systems / Nefise Ozlen Sahin -- Starch - a potential biomaterial for biomedical application / Lovedeep Kaur, Jaspreet Singh, Qiang Liu -- Alternative applications for drug delivery: nasal and pulmonary routes / A. Yekta Ozer -- An overview of lipsome-derived nanocarrier technologies / M. Reza Mozafari, Kianoush Khosravi-Darani -- Uptake studies of free and liposomal sclareol by MCF-7 and H-460 human cancer cell lines / Agnes Paradissi ... [et. al] -- Release advantages of a liposomal dendrimer- doxorubicin complex, over conventional liposomal formulation of doxorubicin / Aristarchos Papagiannoros, Costas Demetzos -- Applications of light and electron microscopic techniques in liposome research / A. Yekta Ozer.
- Nanomaterials handbook 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Nanomedicine in health and disease 2011, CRCnetBASENanomedicine : an introduction / Lajos P. Balogh -- The regulation of nanomedicine / Joel D'Silva and Diana Bowman -- Nanotubes and their application to nanomedicine / Gianni Ciofani -- Nanoparticles for topical application / Kerriann R. Greenhalgh -- Nanocrystal formulations for improved delivery / Jan Möschwitzer and Rainer H. Müller -- Antioxidant nanoparticles / Beverly A. Rzigalinski ... [et al.] -- Lipid nanocapsules in nanomedicine / Marie Morille ... [et al.] -- Nanotheragnostic colloids in disease / José L. Arias -- Nanotechnology in controlling infectious disease / Rehab Amin -- Virus-based nanoparticles as tools for biomedicine / Stefan Franzen, Steven A. Lommel, and Bruce Oberhardt -- Safety of nanoparticles in medicine / Maria Dusinska ... [et al.] -- Pulmonary drug delivery with nanoparticles / Moritz Beck-Broichsitter ... [et al.] -- Carbon nanotubes in infectious diseases / Yitzhak Rosen ... [et al.] -- Radiation protection with nanoparticles / Cheryl H. Baker -- Nanoparticle therapy in arthritis / José L. Arias -- Phospholipid-based nanomicelles in cancer nanomedicine / Hayat Onyuksel and Amrita Banerjee -- Tumor-specific liposomal nanomedicines : antitumor antibody-modified doxorubicin-loaded liposomes / Tamer Elbayoumi and Vladimir Torchilin -- Nanomedicine in blood diseases / Denis B. Buxton -- Nanomedicine and neurodegenerative disorders / Ari Nowacek ... [et al.] -- Nanotechnological applications in tissue and implant / Viswanathan S. Saji and Han-Cheol Choe.
- Nanomedicine. Cancer, diabetes, and cardiovascular, central nervous system, pulmonary and inflammatory diseases. 1st ed. 2012, ScienceDirect
- Nanomedicine. Infectious diseases, immunotherapy, diagnostics, antifibrotics, toxicology, and gene medicine. 1st ed. 2012, ScienceDirectEnhanced antiviral activity of acyclovir loaded into nanoparticles / Roberta Cavalli ... [et al.] -- Gold manno-glyconanoparticles for intervening in HIV gp120 carbohydrate-mediated processes/ Paolo Di Gianvincenzo ... [et al.] -- Nanoparticle-mediated targeted delivery of antiretrovirals to the brain / Supriya D. Mahajan ... [et al.] -- Antibacterial activity of doxycycline-loaded nanoparticles / Ranjita Misra and Sanjeeb K. Sahoo -- Antimicrobial properties of electrically formed elastomeric polyurethane-copper oxide nanocomposites for medical and dental applications / Z. Ahmad ... [et al.] -- Gastrointestinal delivery of anti-inflammatory nanoparticles / Hamed Laroui, Shanthi V. Sitaraman, and Didier Merlin -- Chitosan-based nanoparticles as a hepatitis B antigen delivery system / Filipa Lebre ... [et al.] -- Targeting nanoparticles to dendritic cells for immunotherapy / Luis J. Cruz ... [et al.] -- Protein-carbon nanotube sensors : single platform integrated micro clinical lab for monitoring blood analytes / Sowmya Viswanathan ... [et al.] -- Investigating the toxic effects of iron oxide nanoparticles / Stefaan J. Soenen ... [et al.] -- Cytotoxicity of gold nanoparticles / Yu Pan, Matthias Bartneck, and Willi Jahnen-Dechent -- Design of target-seeking antifibrotic compounds / Tero A.H. Järvinen -- Design and fabrication of N-alkyl-polyethylenimine-stabilized iron oxide nanoclusters for gene delivery / Gang Liu ... [et al.] -- Cell-penetrating peptide-based systems for nucleic acid delivery : a biological and biophysical approach / Sara Trabulo ... [et al.] -- Multifunctional envelope-type nano device (MEND) for organelle targeting via a stepwise membrane fusion process / Yuma Yamada, Hidetaka Akita, and Hideyoshi Harashima -- Lipopolyplexes as nanomedicines for therapeutic gene delivery / Leire García ... [et al.] -- Interfering nanoparticles for silencing microRNAs / Huricha Baigude and Tariq M. Rana -- Genetic nanomedicine : gene delivery by targeted lipoplexes / Nejat Nejat Düzgüneş and Conchita Tros de Ilarduya.
- Nanoparticles 2004, Wileych. 1. General introducition -- ch. 2. Quantum dots / Wolfgang Johann Parak, Liberato Manna, Friedrich Christian Simmel, Daniele Gerion, Paul Alivisatos -- ch. 3a. Syntheses and characterizations : Semiconductor nanoparticles / Alexander Eychmüller, Uri Banin, Stefanie Dehnen, Andreas Eichhöfer, John F. Corrigan, Dieter Fenske -- ch. 3b. Syntheses and characterizations : Synthesis of metal nanoparticles / John S. Bradley, Günter Schmid, Dmitri V. Talapin, Elena V. Shevchenko, Horst Weller -- ch. 4. Organization of nanoparticles / Alexander Eychmüller -- ch. 5. Properties / Uri Banin, Oded Millo -- ch. 6. Biomaterial-nanoparticle hybrid systems : synthesis, properties, and applications / Eugenii Katz, Andrew N. Shipway, Itamar Willner -- ch. 7. Conclusions and perspectives.
- Nanoparticles in medicine and environment 2010, Springer
- Nanopathology 2008, CRCnetBASEDescribes the impact of nanoparticles and microparticles on human and animal health and offers criteria for preventing potential problems deriving from these particles.
- Nanoscale materials in chemistry 2001, Wileych. 1. Introduction to the nanoworld / Kenneth J. Klabunde -- ch. 2. Metals / Gunter Schmid -- ch. 3. Semiconductor nanocrystals / M.P. Pileni -- ch. 4. Ceramics / Abbas Khaleel and Ryan M. Richards -- ch. 5. Metal nanoparticles : double layers, optical properties, and electrochemistry / Paul Mulvaney -- ch. 6. Magnetism / C.M. Sorensen -- ch. 7. Chemical and catalytic aspects of nanocrystals / Kenneth J. Klabunde and Ravichandra S. Mulukutla -- ch. 8. Specific heats and melting points of nanocrystalline materials / Olga Koper and Slawomir Winecki -- ch. 9. Applications of nanocrystals / John Parker.
- Nanoscience in biomedicine 2009, SpringerStem Cells and Nanostructured Materials / Vince Beachley and Xuejun Wen -- Biomedical Polymer Nanofibers for Emerging Technology / Kwideok Park, Won Ho Park, Jun Sik Son and Dong Keun Han -- Nanoscale Mechanisms for Assembly of Biomaterials / Zhijie Sui and William L. Murphy -- Fabrication and Assembly of Nanomaterials and Nanostructures for Biological Detections / Qingkai Yu and Jie Lian -- Nanostructured Materials Constructed from Polypeptides / Peng Jing, Jangwook P. Jung and Joel H. Collier -- Photoluminescent Carbon Nanomaterials: Properties and Potential Applications / Yaping Sun, Fushen Lu, Xin Wang, Li Cao and Yi Lin, et al. -- Microwave-assisted Synthesis and Processing of Biomaterials / Yingjie Zhu and Jiang Chang -- Characterizing Biointerfaces and Biosurfaces in Biomaterials Design / Kalpana S. Katti, Devendra Verma and Dinesh R. Katti -- Carbon Nanotubes for Electrochemical and Electronic Biosensing Applications / Ningyi Liu, Qing Zhang, Mary B Chan-Park, Changming Li and Peng Chen -- Heparin-Conjugated Nanointerfaces for Biomedical Applications / Ki Dong Park, Yoon Ki Joung, Jin Woo Bae and Dong Hyun Go -- Inorganic Nanoparticles for Biomedical Applications / Mei Chee Tan, Gan Moog Chow, Lei Ren and Qiqing Zhang -- Nano Metal Particles for Biomedical Applications / Kyung A. Kang, Bin Hong and Hanzhu Jin --Micro- and Nanoscale Technologies in High-Throughput Biomedical Experimentation / Vikramaditya G. Yadav, Mark D. Brigham, Ling Yibo, Christopher Rivest and Utkan Demirci, et al. -- Delivery System of Bioactive Molecules for Regenerative Medicine / Gilson Khang, Yoon Sun Jung, Soon Hee Kim, Moon Suk Kim and Hai Bang Lee -- Modification of Nano-sized Materials for Drug Delivery / Tao Xu, Heather L. Nichols, Ning Zhang and Xuejun Wen -- Polymeric Nano Micelles as a Drug Carrier / Moon Suk Kim, Hyun Hoon, Gilson Khang and Hai Bang Lee -- DNA Nanotechnology / Junping Zhang and Roger J. Narayan -- Nanoscale Bioactive Surfaces and Endosseous Implantology / Yunzhi Yang, Yongxing Liu, Sangwon Park, Hyunseung Kim and Kwangmin Lee, et al. -- Carbon Nanotube Smart Materials for Biology and Medicine / Yeo Heung Yun, Vesselin N. Shanov, Adam Bange, William R. Heineman and H. Brian Halsall, et al. -- Microscopic Modeling of Phonon Modes in Semiconductor Nanocrystals / Wei Cheng, Shangfen Ren and David T. Marx -- Fracture Processes in Advanced Nanocrystalline and Nanocomposite Materials / I. A. Ovid'ko -- Synthesis, Properties and Application of Conducting PPY Nanoparticles / Xingui Li, Meirong Huang and Yunbin Xie -- Field Emission of Carbon Nanotubes / Baoqing Zeng and Zhifeng Ren -- Flexible Dye-Sensitized Nano-Porous Films Solar Cells / Dongshe Zhang, Tony Pereira, Torsten Oekermann, Katrin Wessels and Changyong Qin, et al. -- Magnetic Nanofluids: Synthesis and Structure / L. Vékás, M. V. Avdeev and Doina Bica.
- Nanoscopy and multidimensional optical fluorescence microscopy 2010, CRCnetBASESTED microscopy with compact light sources / Lars Kastrup ... [et al.] -- Nonlinear fluorescence imaging by saturated excitation / Nicholas I. Smith ... [et al.] -- Far-field fluorescence microscopy of cellular structures at molecular optical resolution / Christoph Cremer ... [et al.] -- Fluorescence microscopy with extended depth of field / Kai Wicker and Rainer Heintzmann -- Single particle tracking / Kevin Braeckmans ... [et al.] -- Fluorescence correlation spectroscopy / Xianke Shi and Thorsten Wohland -- Two-photon excitation microscopy: a superb wizard for fluorescence imaging / Francesca Cella and Alberto Diaspro -- Photobleaching minimization in single- and multi-photon fluorescence imaging / Partha Pratim Mondal ... [et al.] -- Applications of second harmonic generation imaging microscopy / Paolo Bianchini and Alberto Diaspro -- Green fluorescent proteins as intracellular pH indicators / Fabio Beltram ... [et al.] --Fluorescence photoactivation localization microscopy / Manasa V. Gudheti, Travis J. Gould, and Samuel T. Hess -- Molecular resolution of cellular biochemistry and physiology by FRET/FLIM / Fred S. Wouters and Gertrude Bunt -- FRET-based determination of protein complex structure at nanometer length scale in living cells / Valerică Raicu -- Automation in multidimensional fluorescence microscopy: novel instrumentation and applications in biomedical research / Mario Faretta -- Optical manipulation, photonic devices, and their use in microscopy / G. Cojoc ... [et al.] -- Optical tweezers microscopy: piconewton forces in cell and molecular biology / Francesco Difato ... [et al.] -- In vivo spectroscopic imaging of biological membranes and surface imaging for high-throughput screening / Jo L. Richens ... [et al.] -- Near-field optical microscopy: insight on the nanometer-scale organization of the cell membrane / Davide Normanno, Thomas van Zanten, and María F. García-Parajo.
- Nanotechnology & society 2008, Springer
- Nanotechnology and occupational health 2007, Springer
- Nanotechnology and the environment 2009, CRCnetBASENanoscale materials: definition and properties / Kathleen Sellers -- Overview of manufacturing processes / Julie Chen, Kathleen Sellers -- Developing environmental regulations pertinent to nanotechnology / Lynn L. Bergeson -- Analyses of nanoparticles in the environment / Marilyn Hoyt -- Environmental fate and transport / Chris E. Mackay, Kim M. Henry -- Treatment of nanoparticles in wastewater / Kim M. Henry, Kathleen Sellers -- The potential ecological hazard of nanomaterials / Stephen R. Clough -- Toxicology and risk assessment / Chris E. Mackay, Jane Hamblen -- Nanoparticle use in pollution control / Kathleen Sellers -- Balancing the risks and rewards / Kathleen Sellers.
- Nanotechnology in biology and medicine 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Nanotechnology in cancer therapy 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Nanotechnology-- basic science and emerging technologies 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Nanotechnology-- ethics and society 2008, CRCnetBASE
- Nanotechnology-- health and environmental risks 2008, CRCnetBASEIntroduction : assessing nanotechnology health and environmental risks -- Defining risk assessment and how it is used for environmental protection, and its potential role for managing nanotechnology risks -- Sustainable nanotechnology development using risk assessment and applying life cycle thinking -- The state of the science : human health, toxicology, and nanotechnological risk / Brenda E. Barry -- The state of the science : environmental risks -- NANO LCRA : an adaptive screening-level life cycle risk assessment framework for nanotechnology -- Alternative approaches for life cycle risk assessment for nanotechnology and comprehensive environmental assessment / Jo Anne Shatkin and J. Michael Davis -- Current and proposed approaches for managing risks in occupational environments / Brenda E. Barry -- Ongoing international efforts to address risk issues for nanotechnology.
- Nanotechnology-- legal aspects 2008, CRCnetBASEPatents -- Copyrights -- Integrated circuit topographies -- Trade secrets -- Ownership of nanotech intellectual property -- Delegation of power to agencies -- Examples of regulation of nanotechnology -- Political and judicial control over agency action -- Civil liability -- Criminal liability.
- Nanotechnology-- science and computation 2006, Springer
- Protein nanotechnology 2005, Springer ProtocolsProtein nanotechnology: the new frontier in biosciences / Tuan Vo-Dinh -- Kinetics and mechanisms of protein crystallization at the molecular level / Peter G. Vekilov -- Nanostructured systems for biological materials / Esther H. Lan, Bruce Dunn, and Jeffrey I. Zink -- Nanomaterials of drug delivery systems for tissue regeneration / Yasuhiko Tabata -- Nanotechnology with S-layer proteins / Bernhard Schuster ... [et al.] -- Folding of β-structured fibrous proteins and self-assembling peptides / Anna Mitraki and Mark J. van Raaij -- Application of NMR methods to identify detection reagents for use in development of robust nanosensors / Monique Cosman, Viswanathan V. Krishnan, and Rod Balhorn -- Studying 3D subdomains of proteins at the nanometer scale using fluorescence spectroscopy / Pierre M. Viallet and Tuan Vo-Dinh -- Carbon nanotubes and nanowires for biological sensing / Jun Li, Hou Tee Ng, and Hua Chen -- Carbon nanotube systems to communicate with enzymes / J. Justin Gooding and Joe G. Shapter -- Molecularly imprinted polymers for biomolecular recognition / Alexandra Molinelli, Markus Janotta, and Boris Mizaikoff -- Plasmonics-based nanostructures for surface-enhanced Raman scattering bioanalysis / Tuan Vo-Dinh, Fei Yan, and David L. Stokes -- Bacterial virus [phi]29 DNA-packaging motor and its potential applications in gene therapy and nanotechnology / Peixuan Guo -- Construction of ordered protein arrays / Jarrod Clark ... [et al.] -- Bioengineering and characterization of DNA-protein assemblies floating on supported membranes / Wilfrid Boireau, Anthony C. Duncan, and Denis Pompon -- Nanosystems for biosensing: multianalyte immunoassay on a protein chip / Eiichi Tamiya ... [et al.] -- Optical nanosensors for detecting proteins and biomarkers in individual living cells / Tuan Vo-Dinh -- Nanoelectrodes integrated in atomic force microscopy cantilevers for imaging of in situ enzyme activity / Angelika Kueng ... [et al.] -- Protein amyloidose misfolding: mechanisms, detection, and pathological implications / Nigil Satish, Ajit Sadana, and Tuan Vo-Dinh -- Near-field scanning optical microscopy for bioanalysis at nanometer resolution / Musundi B. Wabuyele ... [et al.].
- Springer handbook of nanotechnology 2004, Springer
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
Editor: Jianfang, Zhang
Translated & Donated by Muoi Arnold and Keith Arnold former Stanford faculty