Books by Subject
- Cell Adhesions and Signaling: A Tool for Biocompatibility Assessment / Roumen Pankov and Albena Momchilova -- Development of Provisional Extracellular Matrix on Biomaterials Interface: Lessons from In Vitro Cell Culture / George Altankov, Thomas Groth, Elisabeth Engel, Jonas Gustavsson and Marta Pegueroles, et al. -- Endothelial Progenitor Cells for Tissue Engineering and Tissue Regeneration Endothelial Progenitor Cells / Joyce Bischoff -- Dermal Precursors and the Origins of the Wound Fibroblast / Jeffrey M. Davidson -- Cell Based Therapies: What Do We Learn from Periosteal Osteochondrogenesis? / Peter J. Emans, Tim J. M. Welting and Venkatram Prasad Shastri -- Bioreactor Systems in Regenerative Medicine / Ivan Martin, Stefania A. Riboldi and David Wendt -- Biomimetic Approaches to Design of Tissue Engineering Bioreactors / Bojana Obradovic, Milica Radisic and Gordana Vunjak-Novakovic -- The Nature of the Thermal Transition Influences the Shape-Memory Behavior of Polymer Networks / Andreas Lendlein, Marc Behl and Stefan Kamlage -- Nanoengineered Systems for Regenerative Medicine Surface Engineered Polymeric Biomaterials with Improved Bio-Contact Properties / Todorka Vladkova and Natalia Krasteva -- Nanocomposites for Regenerative Medicine / Ryan Hoshi, Antonio R. Webb, Hongjin Qiu and Guillermo A. Ameer -- Role of Spatial Distribution of Matricellular Cues in Controlling Cell Functions / Daniela Guarnieri and Paolo A. Netti -- Materials Surface Effects on Biological Interactions / Josep A. Planell, Melba Navarro, George Altankov, Conrado Aparicio and Elisabeth Engel, et al. -- Chemical and Physical Modifications of Biomaterial Surfaces to Control Adhesion of Cells / Thomas Groth, Zhen-Mei Liu, Marcus Niepel, Dieter Peschel and Kristin Kirchhof, et al. -- Results of Biocompatibility Testing of Novel, Multifunctional Polymeric Implant Materials In-Vitro and In-Vivo / Dorothee Rickert, Rosemarie Fuhrmann, Bernhard Hiebl, Andreas Lendlein and Ralf-Peter Franke -- UFOs, Worms, and Surfboards: What Shapes Teach Us About Cell-Material Interactions / Julie A. Champion and Samir Mitragotri -- Nano-engineered Thin Films for Cell and Tissue-Contacting Applications / Richard F. Haglund -- Injectable Hydrogels: From Basics to Nanotechnological Features and Potential Advances / Biancamaria Baroli -- Polyelectrolyte Complexes as Smart Nanoengineered Systems for Biotechnology and Gene Delivery / Vladimir A. Izumrudov.
- Adverse effects of engineered nanomaterials exposure, toxicology, and impact on human health. 1st ed. 2012ScienceDirectA. Engineered nanomaterials: hazard, exposure and safety assessment. Interactions with the human body / Renato Colognato ... [et al.] -- Exposure assessment / Antonio Bergamaschi, Ivo Iavicoli and Kai Savolainen -- Biomonitoring / Enrico bergamaschi and Andrea Magrini -- Critical evaluation of toxicity tests / Maria Dusinska ... [et al.] -- Computational approaches / Vidana Epa, Dave Winkler and Lang Tran -- Regulation and legislation / Maureen R. Gwinn and Birgit Sokull-Klüttgen -- B. Engineered nanomaterials: impact on human health. Respiratory system / Ken Donaldson and Craig Poland -- Cardiovascular system / Jennifer B. Raftis, Nicholas L. Mills and Rodger Duffin -- Neurological system / Sandra Ceccatelli and Giuseppe Bardi -- Immune system / Diana Boraschi and Albert Duschl -- Skin / Nancy A. Monteiro-Riviere and Francesca Larese Filon -- Gastrointestinal tract / Mark A. Jepson -- Reproductive toxicity / Karin Sørig Hougaard and Luisa Campagnolo -- Genotocicity and cancer / Shareen H. Doak, Ying Liu and Chunying Chen -- C. Biomedical applications of engineered nanomaterials. Diagnostic applications / Kalcheng and Zhen Cheng -- Therapeutic applications / Cyrill Bussy ... [et al.] -- Annex: synthesis of engineered nanomaterials / Muhammet S. toprak, Gulaim A. Seisenbaeva and Vadim G. Kessler.
- Assessing nanoparticle risks to human health 2011ScienceDirectThe book represents a systematic look at nanoparticle risks within the paradigm of risk assessment, consider the limitations of this paradigm in dealing with the extreme uncertainties regarding many aspects of nanoparticle exposure and toxicity, and suggest new methods for assessing and managing risks in this context. It considers the occupational environment where the potential for human exposure is the greatest as well as the issues relevant to occupational exposure assessment (e.g., the exposure metric) and the evidence from toxicological and epidemiological studies. A chapter is devoted to how conventional risk assessment can be carried out for a candidate nanoparticle (e.g., carbon nanotubes), and the limitations that arise from this approach. The authors propose several alternate methods in another chapter including screening assessments and adapting the rich methodological literature on the use of experts for risk assessment. Another chapter deals with non-occupational populations, their susceptibilities, and life-cycle risk assessments. There is a chapter on current risk management and regulatory oversight frameworks and their adequacy. This chapter also includes a discussion of US and EU approaches to risk assessment, as well as corporate approaches.
- Beta]-barrel channel proteins as tools in nanotechnology : biology, basic science and advanced applications 2014Springerβ-barrel outer membrane channel proteins (OMP) have great potential as robust and flexible models or components in nanotechnology. Over the last decade biotechnological techniques allowed to expand the natural characteristics of OMPs by modifying their geometry and properties without affecting the overall protein structure and stability. The present book is oriented towards a broad group of readers including graduate students and advanced researchers. The β-barrel structure serviceability for the nano-material design will be its chief topic giving a general introduction to the field of OMP based nano-component development as well as the state of the art of the involved research. On the example of the E. coli FhuA the transformation of an OMP into a tailored nano-channel to be adapted to a non-biological synthetic (i.e. polymer) environment, rendering it competitive with artificial non-biological nano-pores will be outlined specifically the design of a set of protein nano-channels with tailored geometry (diameter, length), conductance and functionality will be reported as a case study. In order to make this book a valuable source of information for both biotechnologists and other scientists interested in bio-nanotechnology an overview of the different steps involved in the nano-channel protein design and production will be reported. The scientific strategy from concept design, theoretical considerations, genetic engineering and large scale production, to system assembly and biophysical characterization with an overview on technological applications including membrane/polymersome technology, will be described.
- Bio-nanoimaging protein misfolding & aggregation 2014ScienceDirectBio-Nanoimaging: Protein Misfolding & Aggregation provides a unique introduction to both novel and established nanoimaging techniques for visualization and characterization of misfolded and aggregated protein species. The book is divided into three sections covering: - Nanotechnology and nanoimaging technology, including cryoelectron microscopy of beta(2)-microglobulin, studying amyloidogensis by FRET; and scanning tunneling microscopy of protein deposits - Polymorphisms of protein misfolded and aggregated species, including fibrillar polymorphism, amyloid-like protofibrils, and insulin olig.
- Biomedical nanotechnology methods and protocols 2011Springer ProtocolsBiomedical nanotechnology / Sarah J. Hurst -- Multiplexed detection of oligonucleotides with biobarcoded gold nanoparticle probes / Jae-Seung Lee -- Molecular detection of biomarkers and cells using magnetic nanoparticles and diagnostic magnetic resonance / Jered B. Haun ... [et al.] -- Real-time quantum dot tracking of single proteins / Jerry C. Chang and Sandra J. Rosenthal -- Titanium dioxide nanoparticles in advanced imaging and nanotherapeutics / Tijana Rajh, Nada M. Dimitrijevic, and Elena A. Rozhkova -- Surface modification and biomolecule immobilization on polymer spheres or biosensing applications / Chris R. Taitt ... [et al.] -- Multivalent conjugation of peptides, proteins, and DNA to semiconductor quantum dots / Duane E. Prasuhn, Kimihiro Susumu, and Igor L. Medintz -- Single snO2 nanowire-based microelectrode / Jun Zhou ... [et al.] -- Biosensing using nanoelectromechanical systems / Ashish Yeri and Di Gao -- Nano "Fly Paper" technology for the capture of circulating tumor cells / Shutao Wang, Gwen E. Owens, and Hsian-Rong Tseng -- Polymeric nanoparticles for photodynamic therapy / Young-Eun Koo Lee and Raoul Kopelman -- Hydrogel templates for the fabrication of homogeneous polymer microparticles / Ghanashyam Acharya ... [et al.] -- Antibacterial application of engineered bacteriophage nanomedicines : antibody-targeted, chloramphenicol prodrug loaded bacteriophages for inhibiting the growth of staphylococcus aureus bacteria / Lilach Vaks and Itai Benhar -- Viruses as nanomaterials for drug delivery / Dustin Lockney, Stefan Franzen, and Steven Lommel -- Applications of carbon nanotubes in biomedical studies / Hongwei Liao ... [et al.] -- Electrospun nanofibrous scaffolds for engineering soft connective tissues / Roshan James ... [et al.] -- Peptide amphiphiles and porous biodegradable scaffolds for tissue regeneration in the brain and spinal cord / Rutledge G. Ellis-Behnke and Gerald E. Schneider -- Computational simulations of the interaction of lipid membranes with DNA-functionalized gold nanoparticles / One-Sun Lee and George C. Schatz -- Cytotoxic assessment of carbon nanotube interaction with cell cultures / Hanene Ali-Boucetta, Khuloud T. Al-Jamal, and Kostas Kostarelos -- Nanoparticle toxicology : measurements of pulmonary hazard effects following exposures to nanoparticles / Christie M. Sayes, Kenneth L. Reed, and David B. Warheit -- Nanoparticle therapeutics : FDA approval, clinical trials, regulatory pathways, and case study / Aaron C. Eifler and C. Shad Thaxton -- Legislating the laboratory? Promotion and precaution in a nanomaterials company / Robin Phelps and Erik Fisher -- Navigating the patent landscapes for nanotechnology : english gardens or tangled grounds / Douglas J. Sylvester and Diana M. Bowman -- Scientific entrepreneurship in the materials and life science industries / Jose Amado Dinglasan, Darren J. Anderson, and Keith Thomas -- Applying the marketing mix (5 Ps) to bionanotechnology / Michael S. Tomczyk -- Managing the "Known Unknowns" : theranostic cancer nanomedicine and informed consent / Fabrice Jotterand and Archie A. Alexander.
- Print Material
- Basic principles of radiation therapy of cancers / Laurence Court and Radhe Mohan -- Biological principles of radiosensitization / Vikas Bhardwaj ... [et al.] -- Principles and applications of hyperthermia combined with radiation / Mark Hurwitz -- Synthesis and surface modification of nanomaterials for tumor targeting / Glenn Goodrich -- Safety concerns for nanomaterials in nanomedicinal applications / Qingxin Mu ... [et al.] -- Imaging with nanoparticles / Amit Joshi -- Optical microscopy of plasmonic nanoparticles / Varun P. Pattani and James Tunnell -- X-ray fluorescence computed tomography imaging of nanoparticles / Bernard L. Jones and Sang Hyun Cho -- Gold nanoparticle-mediated radiosensitization / Devika B. Chithrani -- Quantification of gold nanoparticle-mediated radiation dose enhancement / Sang Hyun Cho and Bernard L. Jones -- Semiconductor nanomaterials for radiotherapy / Ke Sheng -- Radioactive gold nanoparticle for tumor therapy / Raghuraman Kannan, Kattesh V. Katti, and Cathy Cutler -- Nanoparticles for the selective radioprotection of normal tissues / Jacob M. Berlin and Kathy A. Mason -- Gold nanoparticle-mediated hyperthermia in cancer therapy / Dev K. Chatterjee and Sunil Krishnan -- Magnetic resonance thermometry imaging for gold nanoparticle-mediated thermal therapy / R. Jason Stafford and John D. Hazle -- Modeling of plasmonic heat generation from gold nanoparticles / Francisco Reynoso and Sang Hyun Cho -- Carbon nanotubes for thermal therapy / Ravi N. Singh ... [et al.] -- Regulatory issues for clinical translations / J. Donald Payne -- Clinical translations of nanotechnology : present and future outlook / Dev K. Chatterjee, Sang Hyun Cho, and Sunil Krishnan.
- Carbon nanotubes angels or demons? 2008CRCnetBASE
- Carbon nanotubes science and applications 2005CRCnetBASE
- Clinical nanomedicine handbook 2014CRCnetBASENanotechnology applications for infectious diseases / Ellis H. Tobin -- Nanotechnology applications in dermatology / David Schairer, Jason Chouake, Adnan Nasir, and Adam Friedman -- Nanotechnology applications in ophthalmology / Eman Elhawy and John Danias -- Nanotechnology applications in urology / Himanshu Aggarwal and Barry A. Kogan -- Nanotechnology applications in preventive medicine and public health / Julielynn Wong and Sara Brenner -- Nanotechnology applications in vascular medicine and surgery / Manish Mehta, Philip S.K. Paty, W. John Byrne, Yaron Sternbach, John B. Taggert, and Kathleen J. Ozsvath -- Therapeutic applications and targeted delivery of nanomedicines and nanopharmaceutical products / Heidi M. Mansour and Chun-Woong Park.
- Dekker Encyclopedia of nanoscience and nanotechnology v. 1-5, 2004CRCnetBASEv. 1. A-C -- v. 2. D-Mec -- v. 3. Met-Nano -- v. 4. Near-R -- v. 5. S-XYZ.
- DNA and RNA nanobiotechnologies have currently reached the status of one of the most dynamic research areas in the field of drug delivery in molecular medicine. Scientists and bio-engineers are creating totally new nanometer-scale structures with unique biological properties for a wide range of medical applications. The book, written by world-leading scientists in this new field, gives an overview of various aspects and applications of DNA and RNA nanotechnologies. These include the design and synthesis of DNA and RNA nanostructures with the aim of using them for different kinds of drug deliveries, for genetic immunization, for metabolite and nucleic acid detection, gene regulation, siRNA delivery for cancer treatment, and even analytical and therapeutic applications of aptamer-based nanoparticles. This volume will be of interest not only to graduate students and researchers in the field of molecular medicine and molecular biology, but also to chemists interested in the biological fields. As a matter of fact, the book contains so many new and unique approaches to this area of molecular medicine that it may inspire the interested reader to undertake research into nucleic acid nanotechnologies.
- Emerging applications of colloidal noble metals in cancer nanomedicine / Jian Zhang & Joseph R. Lakowicz -- Particle characterizations and synthesis methods / Jian Zhang & Joseph R. Lakowicz -- Diagnostics and treatments / Anna M. Sitarski, Jeremy L. Grant, Sanjeev Kumar Kandpal & Michael D. Mason -- Photothermal agents for cell theranostics / Dmitri O. Lapotko -- Drug delivery carriers / Marie-Christine Daniel -- Other applications and future directions / Ismail Ocsoy, Tao Chen & Weihong Tan -- Applications of noble metal nanoparticles in fluorescence sensing / Yi Fu -- Index.
- Fundamentals of pharmaceutical nanoscience 2013SpringerNanoscience and nanotechnology overview -- Liposome preparation and characterization -- Solid polymeric nanoparticles -- Lipid nanoparticles -- Polymeric vesicles -- Low molecular weight amphiphile micelles -- Polymeric micelles -- Niosomes -- Quantum dots -- Magnetic particles -- Drug nanoparticles -- Polymeric pro-drugs -- Therapeutic Applications of pharmaceutical nanosystems -- Drug solubilisation -- Gene therapy -- Chemotherapy -- Tissue engineering -- Anti-infectives -- Vaccination -- Anti-arthritic drugs -- Imaging agents -- Commercial exploitation of pharmaceutical nanosystems -- Future perspectives -- Multiple Choice -- Problem Sets -- Case Studies -- Suggested Reading.
- Handbook of materials for nanomedicine 2010CRCnetBASEpt. 1. Organic nanostructures -- pt. 2. Inorganic nanostructures.
- Handbook of nanomedicine. 2nd ed. 2012SpringerNanotechnologies -- Nanotechnologies for Basic Research Relevant to Medicine -- Nanomolecular Diagnostics -- Nanopharmaceuticals -- Role of Nanotechnology in Biological Therapies -- Nanodevices and Techniques for Clinical Applications -- Nanooncology -- Nanoneurology -- Nanocardiology -- Nanopulmonology -- Nanoorthopedics -- Nano-ophthalmology -- Nanomicrobiology -- Miscellaneous Healthcare Applications of Nanobiotechnology -- Nanobiotechnology and Personalized Medicine -- Nanotoxicology -- Ethical and Regulatory Aspects of Nanomedicine -- Research and Future of Nanomedicine.
- Handbook of nanoscience, engineering, and technology 2003CRCnetBASEEnabling technologies for molecular nanosystems -- Solution-phase chemistry -- Dynamics of brownian assembly -- Molecular systems by brownian assembly -- Large secondary bonded systems -- Protein and DNA engineering.
- Handbook of personalized medicine advances in nanotechnology, drug delivery, and therapy 2014CRCnetBASEThis book compiles multidisciplinary efforts to conceptualize the environment in research and clinical setting that creates the fertile ground for the practical utility of personalized medicine decisions and also enables clinical pharmacogenomics for establishing pharmacotyping in drug prescription. Its covers innovative drug formulations and nanotheranostics, molecular imaging and signatures, translational nanomedicine and informatics, stem cell therapy approaches, modeling and predictability of drug response, pharmacogenetics-guided drug prescription, pediatric drug dosing, pharmacovigila.
- Handbook of safety assessment of nanomaterials from toxicological testing to personalized medicine 2015CRCnetBASE1. Nanomedicine(s) and their regulation / Ruth Duncan -- 2. Nanotoxicology : focus on nanomedicine / Helinor Johnston, Ali Kermanizadeh, and Vicki Stone -- 3. Nanomaterial characterization for toxicity testing / David B. Warheit and Christie M. Sayes -- 4. The synthetic and biological identities of nanomaterials / Bengt Fadeel and Wolfgang J. Parak -- 5. Nanotoxicology : the case for in vitro tests / Thomas Hartung -- 6. Nanotoxicology : the case for in vivo studies / David Y. Lai and David B. Warheit -- 7. Predictive nanotoxicology : in silico approaches / Enrico Burello -- 8. Physiologically based nanomaterial pharmacokinetic models / Jim E. Riviere -- 9. Immunotoxicity of nanomaterials / Barbara Lettiero, Z. Shadi Farhangrazi, and S. Moein Moghimi -- 10. Complement activation by nanomaterials / Janos Szebeni -- 11. Biodegradation of carbon-based nanomaterials / Cyrill Bussy, Alberto Bianco, Maurizio Prato, and Kostas Kostarelos -- 12. Genotoxicity and carcinogenicity of nanomaterials / Kee Woei Ng, Yun Zhao, Mustafa Hussain Kathwala, Sijing Xiong, Chit Fang Cheok, and Say Chye Joachim Loo -- 13. Pulmonary and cardiovascular toxicity of nanomaterials / Flemming R. Cassee and Vincent Castranova -- 14. Neurotoxicity of nanomaterials / Hari Shanker Sharma and Aruna Sharma -- 15. Dermatotoxicity of nanomaterials / Nancy A. Monteiro-Riviere and Jim E. Riviere -- 16. Reproductive toxicity of nanomaterials / Margaret Saunders, Gary Hutchison, and Sara Correia Carreira -- 17. Nanomedicine : ethical considerations / Todd Kuiken.
- Horizons in clinical nanomedicine 2014CRCnetBASE1. Introduction in clinical nanomedicine / Stergios Logothetidis -- 2. Nanomedicine combats atherosclerosis / Varvara Karagkiozaki -- 3. Nanomedicine advancements in cancer diagnosis and treatment / Eric Michael Bratsolias Brown -- 4. Nanomedicine and blood diseases / Emmanouil Nikolousis -- 5. Nanomedicine and orthopaedics / Fares E. Sayegh -- 6. Nanopharmaceutics : structural design of cationic gemini surfactant-phospholipid-DNA nanoparticles for gene delivery / Marianna Foldvari -- 7. Nanomedicine and embryology : causative embryotoxic agents which can pass the placenta barrier and induce birth defects / Elpida-Niki Emmanouil-Nikoloussi -- 8. Nanomedicine and HIV/AIDS / Enikő R. Tőke and Julianna Lisziewicz -- 9. Nanoscaffolds and other nano-architectures for tissue engineering-related applications / Paraskevi Kavatzikidou and Stergios Logothetidis -- 10. Biocompatible 2D and 3D polymeric scaffolds for medical devices / Masaru Tanaka -- 11. Regenerative dentistry : stem cells meet nanotechnology / Lucía Jiménez-Rojo, Zoraide Granchi, Anna Woloszyk, Anna Filatova, Pierfrancesco Pagella, and Thimios A. Mitsiadis -- 12. Toxicity and genotoxicity of metal and metal oxide nanomaterials : a general introduction / Mercedes Rey, David Sanz, and Sergio E. Moya -- 13. Analogies in the adverse immune effects of wear particles, environmental particles, and medicinal nanoparticles / Eleonore Fröhlich.
- Imaging gene expression methods and protocols 2013Springer ProtocolsAs imaging technologies and approaches have evolved, the scope of certain imaging techniques has moved far beyond the production of purely illustrative images or appealing time-lapse movies to providing the scientist with a rich range of ways to measure and quantify the biological process and outcome of gene expression. In Imaging Gene Expression: Methods and Protocols, expert authors offer up-to-date approaches and protocols that scientists in the field have developed, which would benefit the broader scientific community. Divided in three convenient parts, this detailed book covers the output of a gene, namely the RNA molecules that are transcribed from the gene and the way by which these molecules can be tracked or quantified in fixed or living cells, protocols that focus on the gene, DNA, or chromatin, as well as a variety of ways by which nuclear processes intertwined with gene expression can be followed and quantified in living cells as well as approaches for studying several sub-nuclear structures found in eukaryotic cells. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective subjects, lists of materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Authoritative and up-to-date, Imaging Gene Expression: Methods and Protocols will serve researchers working toward imaging in the context of complete organisms.
- In pursuit of nanoethics 2010SpringerThis volume assembles an interdisciplinary team of leading academics, industry figures, policymakers and NGOs to consider the legal, ethical and social issues that are raised by innovations in nanoscience and nanotechnology. By bringing together international experts from a diverse range of fields this volume addresses the implications and impact that nanotechnology has on society. Through the exploration of six key themes the contributors analyse both the impact of nanotechnology and the emergence of the concept of nanoethics. Each section includes authors from both sides of the political and scientific divide incorporating both positive and negative perspectives on nanotechnology, as well as including discussions of associated concepts such as converging technologies. The result provides for the widest and most balanced discussion of these issues to date.
- Infectious diseases and nanomedicine. I-II first International Conference (ICIDN-2012), Dec. 15-18, 2012, Kathmandu, Nepal 2014Springerv. 2 SpringerThe volumes address the interdisciplinary scientific approach for the systemic understanding of connections between major human diseases and their treatment regime by applying the tools and techniques of nanotechnology. It also highlights the interdisciplinary collaborative researches for innovation in Biomedical Sciences.
- Magnetic particle imaging-- an introduction to imaging principles and scanner instrumentation 2012SpringerHow Magnetic Particle Imaging Works -- How to Build an MPI Scanner -- Prior to Reconstruction - The System Function -- From Data to Images: Reconstruction -- Special System Topologies -- Putting MPI to Use: Applications.
- Metal-polymer nanocomposites 2005Wiley1. Physical and chemical properties of nano-sized metal particles / C.N.R. Rao, G.U. Kulkarni, and P.J. Thomas -- 2. Metal-containing polymers : cryochemical synthesis, structure, and physicochemical properties / L.I. Trakhtenberg and G.N. Gerasimov -- 3. Controlled pyrolysis of metal-containing precursors as a way for synthesis of metallopolymer nanocomposites / A.D. Pomogailo, A.S. Rozenberg, and G.I. Dzhardimalieva -- 4. Nanostructured polymeric nanoreactors for metal nanoparticle formation / L.M. Bronstein -- 5. Metal-polymer nanocomposite synthesis : novel ex situ and in situ approaches / G. Carotenuto ... [et al.] -- 6. Plamon absorption of embedded nanoparticles / A. Heilmann -- 7. Magnetooptics of granular materials and new optical methods of magnetic nanoparticles and nanostructures imaging / V.I. Belotelov, P. Perlo, and A.K. Zvezdin -- 8. Optical extinction of metal nanoparticles synthesized in polymer by ion implantation / A.L. Stepanov -- 9. Optically anisotropic metal-polymer nanocomposites / W. Caseri.
- Methods in nano cell biology 2008ScienceDirect
- Interfacing biological material with micro- and nanodevices / Jaime Castillo-León and Winnie E. Svendsen -- Atomic force microscopy for liquid applications / Zachary James Davis -- Manipulation by electrical fields / Maria Dimaki -- Optical manipulation techniques / Kirstine Berg-Sørensen -- Ultrasonic manipulation techniques / Stefano Oberti and Jürg Dual -- 3D biomanipulation using microgrippers / Peter Bøggild -- Magnetic manipulation of biological structures / Maria Dimaki and Winnie E. Svendsen -- Microfluidic manipulation of biological samples / Fridolin Okkels.
- "This book explores the enormous diversity in social perspectives on the emergence of nanoscale sciences and technologies. It points to four nodes of interest where nano meets macro: in the making, in the public eye, in the big questions, and in the tough decisions. Each node draws attention to important lines of research and pertinent issues. The book is designed for interdisciplinary teaching, but the richness of issues and perspectives makes it of interest to all researchers, practitioners, and non-academics wanting an introduction to social perspectives on nanoscale sciences and technologies."
- Biomolecule/nanomaterial hybrid systems for nanobiotechnology -- Superresolution optical fluctuation imaging (SOFI) -- Application of nanoparticles for the detection and sorting of pathogenic bacteria by flow-cytometry -- Advancing nanostructured porous si-based optical transducers for label free bacteria detection -- Gold fibers as a platform for biosensing -- Surface-enhanced raman spectroscopy of organic molecules adsorbed on metallic nanoparticles -- Quantum dots and fluorescent protein FRET-based biosensors -- Semiconductor quantum dots as FRET acceptors for multiplexed diagnostics and molecular ruler application -- Assembly and microscopic characterization of DNA origami structures -- DNA nanotechnology -- Role of carbohydrate receptors in the macrophage uptake of dextran-coated iron oxide nanoparticles -- Toxicity of gold nanoparticles on somatic and reproductive cells -- Ultrasound activated nano-encapsulated targeted drug delivery and tumour cell poration -- Ultrasound mediated localized drug delivery -- Sonochemical proteinaceous microspheres for wound healing -- Alendronate liposomes for antitumor therapy: activation of [gamma] [delta] T cells and inhibition of tumor growth.
- NanobiotechnologyWileyv. 2, 2007 Wiley[v. 1]. Concepts, applications, and perspectives -- 1 . Biocompatible inorganic devices / Thomas Sawitowski -- 2. Microfluidics meets nano : lab-on-a-chip devices and their potential for nanobiotechnology / Holger Bartos, Friedrich Götz, and Ralf-Peter Peters -- 3. Microcontact printing of proteins / Emmanuel Delamarche -- 4. Cell-nanostructure interactions / Joachim P. Spatz -- 5. Defined networks of neuronal cells in vitro / Andreas Offenhäusser and Angela K. Vogt -- 6. S-Layers / Uwe B. Sleytr ... [et al.] -- 7. Engineered nanopores / Hagan Bayley ... [et al.] -- 8. Genetic approaches to programmed assembly / Stanley Brown -- 9. Microbial nanoparticle production / Murali Sastry ... [et al.] -- 10. Magnetosomes : nanoscale magnetic iron minerals in bacteria / Richard B. Frankel and Dennis A. Bazylinski -- 11. Bacteriorhodopsin and its potential in technical applications / Norbert Hampp and Dieter Oesterhelt -- 12. Polymer Nanocontainers / Alexandra Graff ... [et al.] -- 13. Biomolecular motors operating in engineered environments / Stefan Diez, Jonne H. Helenius, and Jonathon Howard -- 14. Nanoparticle-biomaterial hybrid systems for bioelectronic devices and circuitry / Eugenii Katz and Itamar Willner -- 15. DNA-protein nanostructures / Christof M. Neimeyer -- 16. DNA-templated electronics / Erez Braun and Uri Sivan -- 17. Biomimetic fabrication of DNA-based metallic nanowires and networks / Michael Mertig and Wolfgang Pompe -- 18. Mineralization in nanostructured biocompartments : biomimetic ferritins for high-density data storage / Eric L. Mayes and Stephen Mann -- 19. DNA-gold nanoparticle conjugates / C. Shad Thaxton and Chad A. Mirkin -- 20. DNA nanostructures for mechanics and computing : nonlinear thinking with life's central molecule / Nadrian C. Seeman -- 21. Nanoparticles as non-viral transfection agents / M.N.V. Ravi Kumar, Udo Bakowsky, and Claus-Michael Lehr -- 22. Luminescent quantum dots for biological labeling / Xiaohu Gao and Shuming Nie -- 23. Nanoparticle molecular labels / James F. Hainfeld, Richard D. Powell, and Gerhard W. Hacker -- 24. Surface biology : analysis of biomolecular structure by atomic force microscopy and molecular pulling / Emin Oroudjev, Signe Danielsen and Helen G. Hansma -- 25. Force spectroscopy / Markus Seitz -- 26. Biofunctionalized nanoparticles for surface-enhanced raman scattering and surface plasmon resonance / Mahnaz El-Kouedi and Christine D. Keating -- 27. Bioconjugated silica nanoparticles for bioanalytical applications / Timothy J. Drake, Xiaojun Julia Zhao, and Weihong Tan. -- v. 2. More concepts and applications -- Part I. Self-Assembly and Nanoparticles: Novel Principles -- ch. 1. Self-Assembled Artificial Transmembrane Ion Channels / Mary S. Gin, Emily G. Schmidt and Pinaki Talukdar, p. 1-15 -- ch. 2. Self-Assembling Nanostructures from Coiled-Coil Peptides / Maxim G. Ryadnov and Derek N. Woolfson, p. 17-38 -- ch. 3. Synthesis and Assembly of Nanoparticles and Nanostructures Using Bio-Derived Templates / Erik Dujardin and Stephen Mann, p. 39-63 -- ch. 4. Proteins and Nanoparticles: Covalent and Noncovalent Conjugates / Rochelle R. Arvizo, Mrinmoy De and Vincent M. Rotello, p. 65-78 -- ch. 5. Self-Assembling DNA Nanostructures for Patterned Molecular Assembly / Thomas H. LaBean, Kurt V. Gothelf and John H. Reif, p. 79-97 -- ch. 6. Biocatalytic Growth of Nanoparticles for Sensors and Circuitry / Ronan Baron, Bilha Willner and Itamar Willner, p. 99-121 -- Part II. Nanostructures for Analytics -- ch. 7. Nanoparticles for Electrochemical Bioassays / Joseph Wang, p. 123-140 -- ch. 8. Luminescent Semiconductor Quantum Dots in Biology / Thomas Pons, Aaron R. Clapp, Igor L. Medintz and Hedi Mattoussi, p. 141-157 -- ch. 9. Nanoscale Localized Surface Plasmon Resonance Biosensors / Katherine A. Willets, W. Paige Hall, Leif J. Sherry, Xiaoyu Zhang, Jing Zhao and Richard P. Van Duyne, p. 159-173 -- ch. 10. Cantilever Array Sensors for Bioanalysis and Diagnostics / Hans Peter Lang, Martin Hegner and Christoph Gerber, p. 175-195 -- ch. 11. Shear-Force-Controlled Scanning Ion Conductance Microscopy / Tilman E. Schäffer, Boris Anczykowski, Matthias Böcker and Harald Fuchs, p. 197-212 -- ch. 12. Label-Free Nanowire and Nanotube Biomolecular Sensors for In-Vitro Diagnosis of Cancer and other Diseases / James R. Heath, p. 213-232 -- ch. 13. Bionanoarrays / Rafael A. Vega, Khalid Salaita, Joseph J. Kakkassery and Chad A. Mirkin, p. 233-259 -- Part III. Nanostructures for Medicinal Applications --. ch. 14. Biological Barriers to Nanocarrier-Mediated Delivery of Therapeutic and Imaging Agents, p. 261-284 / Rudy Juliano -- ch. 15. Organic Nanoparticles: Adapting Emerging Techniques from the Electronics Industry for the Generation of Shape-Specific, Functionalized Carriers for Applications in Nanomedicine / Larken E. Euliss, Julie A. DuPont and Joseph M. DeSimone, p. 285-303 -- ch. 16. Poly(amidoamine Dendrimer-Based Multifunctional Nanoparticles / Thommey P. Thomas, Rameshwer Shukla, Istvan J. Majoros, Andrzej Myc and James R. Baker, p. 305-319 -- ch. 17. Nanoparticle Contrast Agents for Molecular Magnetic Resonance Imaging / Young-Wook Jun, Jae-Hyun Lee and Jinwoo Cheon, p. 321-346 -- ch. 18. Micro- and Nanoscale Control of Cellular Environment for Tissue Engineering / Ali Khademhosseini, Yibo Ling, Jeffrey M. Karp and Robert Langer, p. 347-364 -- ch. 19. Diagnostic and Therapeutic Targeted Perfluorocarbon Nanoparticles / Patrick M. Winter, Shelton D. Caruthers, Gregory M. Lanza and Samuel A. Wickline, p. 365-380 -- Part IV. Nanomotors -- ch. 20. Biological Nanomotors / Manfred Schliwa, p. 381-399 -- ch. 21. Biologically Inspired Hybrid Nanodevices / David Wendell, Eric Dy, Jordan Patti and Carlo D. Montemagno, p. 401-418.
- Nanobiotechnology protocols. Second edition. [2nd ed.] 2013Springer ProtocolsHigh-aspect-ratio gold nanorods : their synthesis and application to image cell-induced strain fields in collagen films / Davin J. Chernak ... [et al.] -- Imaging intracellular quantum dots : fluorescence microscopy and transmission electron microscopy / Craig J. Szymanski ... [et al.] -- Imaging of cell populations in atherosclerosis using quantum dot nanocrystals / Joshua R. Trantum and Ashwath Jayagopal -- Imaging of endothelial progenitor cell subpopulations in angiogenesis using quantum dot nanocrystals / Joshua M. Barnett, John S. Penn, and Ashwath Jayagopal -- Imaging single synaptic vesicles in mammalian central synapses with quantum dots / Qi Zhang -- Quantum dot-based single-molecule microscopy for the study of protein dynamics / Jerry C. Chang and Sandra J. Rosenthal -- Three-dimensional molecular imaging with photothermal optical coherence tomography / Melissa C. Skala ... [et al.] -- Detecting respiratory syncytial virus using nanoparticle-amplified immuno-PCR / Jonas W. Perez ... [et al.] -- Gold nanoparticle-oligonucleotide conjugates for the profiling of malignant melanoma phenotypes / John W. Stone ... [et al.] -- Methods for isolating RNA sequences capable of binding to or mediating the formation of inorganic materials / Carly Jo Carter, Alina Owczarek, and Daniel L. Feldheim -- Single-walled carbon nanotube-mediated small interfering RNA delivery for gastrin-releasing peptide receptor silencing in human neuroblastoma / Jingbo Qiao ... [et al.] -- Amino acid mediated linear assembly of au nanomaterials / Manish Sethi and Marc R. Knecht -- Enzyme-gold nanoparticle bioconjugates : quantification of particle stoichiometry and enzyme specific activity / Jacqueline D. Keighron and Christine D. Keating -- In vivo testing for gold nanoparticle toxicity / Carrie A. Simpson, Brian J. Huffman, and David E. Cliffel -- Methods for studying toxicity of silica-based nanomaterials to Living Cells / Yang Zhao ... [et al.].
- Nanocarrier technologies frontiers of nanotherapy 2006Springer
- NanoCellBiology multimodal imaging in biology and medicine 2014CRCnetBASEPorosomes--the universal secretory portals in cells: a brief essay / Bhanu P. Jena -- The hair cell porosome: molecular and synaptic implications / Dennis G. Drescher -- The neuronal porosome complex in mammalian brain: a study using electron microscopy / Mzia G. Zhvania, Nadezhda J. Japaridze, Mariam G. Qsovreli, Vera G. Okuneva, Arkadi G. Surmava, and Tamar G. Lordkipanidze -- Granule size distribution suggests mechanism: the case for granule growth and elimination as a fusion nano-machine / Ilan Hammel and Isaac Meilijson -- Probing protein assembly, biomineralization, and biomolecular interactions by atomic force microscopy / Kang Rae Cho and James J. De Yoreo -- High-resolution imaging of amylin aggregation and internalization in pancreatic cells: implications in health and disease / Saurabh Trikha, Sanghamitra Singh, and Aleksandar M. Jeremic -- Repair of Nanodefects in a two-dimensional crystal anticoagulant shield in the antiphospholipid syndrome: novel molecular strategies assessed by atomic force microscopy / Douglas J. Taatjes, Anthony S. Quinn, Xiao-Xuan Wu, Han-Mou Tsai, and Jacob H. Rand -- A novel approach to study molecular evolution: detection of ancestral conformation hidden in present-day proteins using antibody as nanostructure probes / Jian-Ping Jin -- mRNA nanomachines and stress reprogramming following brain ischemia / Donald J. DeGracia, Jill T. Jamison, Manupreet Chawla, Monique K. Lewis, Michelle Smith, and Jeffery J. Szymanski -- Physical properties and biomedical applications of superparamagnetic iron oxide nanoparticles / Gavin Lawes, Ratna Naik, and Prem Vaishnava -- Atomic force microscopy imaging of DNA delivery nanosystems / Yi Zou, David Oupicky, and Guangzhao Mao -- Impedance spectroscopy for characterization of biological function / Brian C. Riggs, Janet L. Paluh, G.E. Plopper, and Douglas B. Chrisey.
- Nanofunctional materials, nanostructures and nanodevices for cancer applications November 28-December 3, 2011, Boston, Massachusetts, USA 2012CambridgeSynthesis of Gold Nanoparticles Coated with pH-Responsive Polymers and Evaluation of the Cellular Uptake. -- Demonstration of biocompatibility of single walled carbon nanotubes with blood leukocytes. -- "Design of Poly(ethylene glycol)-Polycaprolactone Diblock Micelles with RGD Targeting Ligands and Embedded Iron Oxide Nanoparticles for Thermally-activated Release". -- Stable Colloids of Paclitaxel Nanoparticles Coated with PEGylated Polyelectrolyte Shells. -- Composite nanosilver structures suitable for plasmonic biosensors. -- Microemulsion Synthesis of Iron Core/Iron Oxide Shell Magnetic Nanoparticles and Their Physicochemical Properties. -- Near Infrared Tunable Gold Nanoparticles for Low Power Laser Ablation of Esophageal Adenocarcinoma. -- Rapid Diagnosis of E. Coli using Carbon Nanotube Field Effect Transistor Direct Binding Assay. -- Biocompatible Hybrid Plasmonic-Magnetic Nanoparticles for Bioimaging. -- Cytotoxic and Anti-cancer Effects of Nickel Nanowires against Pancreatic Cancer Cells. -- Breast Adenocarcinoma Cell Functions on Nanopatterned PLGA Surfaces. -- Surface Engineered Porous Silicon-based Nanostructures for Cancer Therapy.
- Nanomaterial impacts on cell biology and medicine 2014SpringerPresence in, and release of, nanomaterials from consumer products / Yu Yang and Paul Westerhoff -- Nanoparticle aggregation: principles and modeling / Wen Zhang -- Influences of nanomaterials on the barrier function of epithelial cells / Shariq Ali and Erik Rytting -- Engineered nanoparticles induced brush border disruption in a human model of the intestinal epithelium / James J. Faust, Benjamin M. Masserano, Adam H. Mielke, Anup Abraham, and David G. Capco -- Nanoparticles: cellular uptake and cytotoxicity / Isaac M. Adjei, Blanka Sharma and Vinod Labhasetwar -- Atomic force microscopy study of the interaction of DNA and nanoparticles / Kungang LI, Songyan Du, Steven Van Ginkel, and Yongsheng Chen -- Intracellular signal modulation by nanomaterials / Salik Hussain, Stavros Garantziotis, Fernando Rodrigues-Lima, Jean-Marie Dupret, Armelle Baeza-Squiban, Sonja Boland -- Nanomaterials: impacts on cells and cell organelles / Željka Krpetić, Sergio Anguissola, David Garry, Philip Kelly and Kenneth A. Dawson -- Design, synthesis, and functionalization of nanoparticles for therapeutic drug delivery / Taraka Sai Pavan Grandhi and Kaushal Rege -- Preparation of nanoscale pulmonary drug delivery formulations by spray drying / Adam Bohr, Christian A. Ruge, and Moritz Beck-Broichsitter -- Nanomedicine: the promise and challenges in cancer chemotherapy / Youssef W. Naguib and Zhengrong Cui -- Transgenerational effects of NMs / Anna Poma, Sabrina Colafarina, Gabriella Fontecchio, and Giuseppe Chichiricco -- Stem cells and nanomaterials / Maria-Claude Hofmann.
- Nanomaterial interfaces in biology methods and protocols 2013Springer ProtocolsPreparation of 2 nm gold nanoparticles for in vitro and in vivo applications / Daniel F. Moyano, Bradley Duncan, and Vincent M. Rotello -- DNA conjugation to nanoparticles / Sunho Park -- Conjugation of nanoparticles to proteins / Marie-Eve Aubin-Tam -- Water-solubilization and functionalization of semiconductor quantum dots / Christina M. Tyrakowski, Adela Isovic, and Preston T. Snee -- Synthesizing and modifying peptides for chemoselective ligation and assembly into quantum dot-peptide bioconjugates / W. Russ Algar ... [et al.] -- Reliable methods for silica coating of au nanoparticles / Isabel Pastoriza-Santos and Luis M. Liz-Marzán -- Surface modifications by polymers for biomolecule conjugation / Laura Sola ... [et al.] -- Functionalization protocols of silicon micro/nano- mechanical biosensors / Francesca Frascella and Carlo Ricciardi -- Stability and aggregation assays of nanoparticles in biological media / James Chen Yong Kah -- Electrochemical measurements of DNA melting on surfaces / Irina Belozerova, Dongbiao Ge, and Rastislav Levicky -- Formation and characterization of the nanoparticle-protein corona / Marco P. Monopoli ... [et al.] -- Electrophoretic implementation of the solution-depletion method for measuring protein adsorption, adsorption kinetics, and adsorption competition among multiple proteins in solution / Hyeran Noh ... [et al.] -- Hyperspectral microscopy for characterization of gold nanoparticles in biological media and cells for toxicity assessment / Christin Grabinski, John Schlager, and Saber Hussain -- Immunocytochemistry, electron tomography, and energy dispersive x-ray spectroscopy (EDXS) on cryosections of human cancer cells doped with stimuli responsive polymeric nanogels loaded with iron oxide nanoparticles / Roberto Marotta ... [et al.] -- Zwitterion siloxane to passivate silica against nonspecific protein adsorption / Zaki G. Estephan and Joseph B. Schlenoff -- Preparation and characterization of DNA block copolymer assemblies loaded with nanoparticles / Xi-Jun Chen, Robert J. Hickey, and So-Jung Park -- Polyaspartic acid coated iron oxide nanoprobes for PET/MRI imaging / Taku Cowger and Jin Xie -- Ligand synthesis and passivation for silver and large gold nanoparticles for single-particle-based sensing and spectroscopy / Daniel Montiel ... [et al.] -- Noncovalent intracellular drug delivery of hydrophobic drugs on au NPs / Tennyson Doane and Clemens Burda -- Modification of carbon nanotubes for gene delivery vectors / Victor Ramos-Perez ... [et al.] -- Lipid-based nanoparticles as nonviral gene delivery vectors / Daniele Pezzoli ... [et al.] -- Stabilizing gold nanoparticle bioconjugates in physiological conditions by PEGylation / Joan Comenge and Víctor F. Puntes.
- Micro and nano systems in biomedicine and drug delivery / Nesrin Hasirci -- Newlipid- and glycolipid-based nanosystems for targeted gene delivery: cholenims, glycoclips, and chitosan / R.I. Zhdanov ... [et. al] -- Artificial implants - new developments and associated problems / Abdelwahab Omri -- Niosomes as nanocarrier systems / Nefise Ozlen Sahin -- Starch - a potential biomaterial for biomedical application / Lovedeep Kaur, Jaspreet Singh, Qiang Liu -- Alternative applications for drug delivery: nasal and pulmonary routes / A. Yekta Ozer -- An overview of lipsome-derived nanocarrier technologies / M. Reza Mozafari, Kianoush Khosravi-Darani -- Uptake studies of free and liposomal sclareol by MCF-7 and H-460 human cancer cell lines / Agnes Paradissi ... [et. al] -- Release advantages of a liposomal dendrimer- doxorubicin complex, over conventional liposomal formulation of doxorubicin / Aristarchos Papagiannoros, Costas Demetzos -- Applications of light and electron microscopic techniques in liposome research / A. Yekta Ozer.
- Nanomaterials handbook 2006CRCnetBASE
- Nanomedicine a systems engineering approach 2009CRCnetBASEThis book offers a fundamental and comprehensive overview of nanomedicine from a systems engineering perspective, making it the first book in the field of quantitative nanomedicine based on systems theory. It will advance knowledge of nanoscale science and engineering by efficiently employing quantitative tools for fundamental biomedical engineering and biological science research. The book starts by introducing the concept of nanomedicine, and provides basic mathematical modeling techniques that can be used to model nanoscale biomedical and biological systems. It then demonstrates how this id.
- Nanomedicine and cancer 2012CRCnetBASENanomedicine-based use of sirna in cancer / Guillermo N. Armaiz-Pena ... [et al.] -- Nanocarriers for gene delivery / Conchita Tros de Ilarduya and Gloria Gonzalez-Aseguinolaza -- Cancer cell photothermolysis and gold nanorod surface plasmons / Cheng-Lung Chen and Yang-Yuan Chen -- Tocotrienol loaded lipid nanoparticles in cancer / Sami Nazzal and Paul W. Sylvester -- Utilization of magnetic nanoparticles for cancer therapy / Deryl L. Troyer and Stefan H. Bossmann -- Nanoparticle probes and molecular imaging in cancer / Dongfang Liu and Ning Gu -- Iron and ethylcellulose nanoplatforms for cancer targeting / José L. Arias, Margarita López-Viota, and Ma Adolfina Ruiz -- Matrix scaffolds in cancer cell biology, physiological representation and nanoscale characterisation / Hsin-ya Chien ... [et al.] -- Fluorescence nanoprobe imaging tumor by sensing the acidic microenvironment / Lu Wang and Cong Li -- Magnetic nanorings and nanotubes for cancer detection and therapy / Hai Ming Fan and Malini Olivo -- Silicon nanowire arrays and other silicon nanostructures and their clinical applications to cancer / Murugan Veerapandian and Min-Ho Lee -- Silver nanomedicine and cancer / ... [et al.] -- Nanobubbles and their putative application to cancer medicine / Tianyi M. Krupka and Agata A. Exner -- Nano-strategies in the delivery of antitumor drugs to cancer / José L. Arias -- Gene silencing with sirna encapsulated nanoparticles to overcome tumor multidrug resistance / Mansoor M. Amiji, Francis Hornicek, and Zhenfeng Duan -- Nano-flow liquid chromatography mass spectrometric analysis of glycans in cancer / S. Hunter Walker and David C. Muddiman -- Composite nano-sensor arrays technology in lung cancer / Silvano Dragonieri, Giorgio Pennazza, and Marco Santonico -- Nano arsenic oxide (As2o3)/(Fe2o3) iron oxide complexes for liver cancer / Ziyu Wang and Dongsheng Zhang -- Hepatocellular carcinoma and midkine-antisense oligonucleotide-loaded nanoparticles / Licheng Dai, Yaoxing and Zhongjing -- Nanotechnology and nanostructures applied to head and neck cancer / Erik C. Dreaden, Mostafa A. El-Sayed, and Ivan H. El-Sayed.
- Nanomedicine and drug delivery 2012CRCnetBASE1. Ethosomes as non-invasive loom for transdermal drug delivery system / Sudhakar C.K. ... [et al.] -- 2. Colloidal delivery systems for phytochemicals / Ashok R. Patel -- 3. Polymer-modified gene delivery vectors retargeted with recombinant proteins / R. Pola ... [et al.] -- 4. Study of drug transport properties of acrylic based iron (III) oxide filled IPN / S. Goswami ... [et al.] -- 5. Poly(amido-amine)s as carriers for intracellular delivery of drugs and proteins / Fabio Fenili ... [et al.] -- 6. Nanoparticles as adjuvant(s) for mucosal vaccine delivery / P.N. Gupta ... [et al.] -- 7. Biosynthesis of silver nanoparticles, characterization and their antimicrobial activity / K. Mallikarjuna ... [et al.] -- 8. Gold-peptide nanoparticles activation of macrophages / Jagat R. Kanwar, Ganesh Mahidhara, and Rupinder K. Kanwar -- 9. Combating infectious diseases : nanotechnology-based drug delivery / Zahoor Ahmad and Rajesh Panday -- 10. Dendrimers in biology and medicine / Dzmitry Shcharbin ... [et al.] -- 11. Capsules based on lipid vesicles : potentiality for drug delivery / Brigitte Pépin-Donat ... [et al.] -- 12. A simulation study on the transport of ions through ion channels / Keka Talukdar and Apurba Krishna Mitra -- 13. Effects of intranasal administration of interferon-alpha on rat behavior / Loginova N.A. ... [et al.] -- 14. Neurotransplantation of neural and mesenchymal stem cells for correction of posthypoxic disorders / Loseva E.V. ... [et al.] -- 15. Spray drying in pharmaceutical manufacturing an overview / Prathima Srinivas -- 16. RNA nanotechnology in nanomedicine / Wade W. Grabow ... [et al.].
- Nanomedicine and the cardiovascular system 2012CRCnetBASE"The nanosciences are a rapidly expanding field of research with applicability to all areas of health and disease prevention, including cardiology in its broadest sense. This book covers a variety of nano subjects and areas as applied to the heart and circulatory system. There are state-of-the-art chapters on nanoparticles, nanowires, nanoscale topography, nanosensors, nanospheres, nanospin probes, nanomatrices and nanobubbles to name but a few topics. Their applications to cardiovascular disorders and their treatments are also described"--Provided by publisher.
- Nanomedicine in drug delivery 2013CRCnetBASENanoparticles in drug delivery systems / Emilio Castro and Arun Kumar -- Synthesis and characterization of nanoencapsulated drugs / Arun Kumar, Ashley E. Saienni, and Niketa Dixit -- Nanoparticles for pulmonary drug delivery / Heidi M. Mansour, Chun-Woong Park, and Don Hayes -- Biological systems for the delivery of nanoparticles / Niketa Dixit ... [et al.] -- Nanodermatology : giant role of nanotechnology in diagnosis and treatment of skin disease / Adam Friedman -- Nanoparticles for drug delivery of small molecules / Ana Sofia Macedo and Eliana B. Souto -- Nanoparticle therapies for wounds and ulcer healing / Chiara Gardin ... [et al.] -- Nanoparticles in bioimaging / Javier L. Pou Ucha -- Nanoparticles in anticancer drug delivery / Frederic Lagarce -- Formulations of nanoparticles in drug delivery / Sushama Talegaonkar -- Nanoparticles for ocular drug delivery / Jaleh Barar -- Toxicology of nanoparticles / Eric R. Blough -- Animal and cellular models for use in nanoparticles safety study / Kevin M. Rice and Eric R. Blough.
- Nanomedicine in health and disease 2011CRCnetBASENanomedicine : an introduction / Lajos P. Balogh -- The regulation of nanomedicine / Joel D'Silva and Diana Bowman -- Nanotubes and their application to nanomedicine / Gianni Ciofani -- Nanoparticles for topical application / Kerriann R. Greenhalgh -- Nanocrystal formulations for improved delivery / Jan Möschwitzer and Rainer H. Müller -- Antioxidant nanoparticles / Beverly A. Rzigalinski ... [et al.] -- Lipid nanocapsules in nanomedicine / Marie Morille ... [et al.] -- Nanotheragnostic colloids in disease / José L. Arias -- Nanotechnology in controlling infectious disease / Rehab Amin -- Virus-based nanoparticles as tools for biomedicine / Stefan Franzen, Steven A. Lommel, and Bruce Oberhardt -- Safety of nanoparticles in medicine / Maria Dusinska ... [et al.] -- Pulmonary drug delivery with nanoparticles / Moritz Beck-Broichsitter ... [et al.] -- Carbon nanotubes in infectious diseases / Yitzhak Rosen ... [et al.] -- Radiation protection with nanoparticles / Cheryl H. Baker -- Nanoparticle therapy in arthritis / José L. Arias -- Phospholipid-based nanomicelles in cancer nanomedicine / Hayat Onyuksel and Amrita Banerjee -- Tumor-specific liposomal nanomedicines : antitumor antibody-modified doxorubicin-loaded liposomes / Tamer Elbayoumi and Vladimir Torchilin -- Nanomedicine in blood diseases / Denis B. Buxton -- Nanomedicine and neurodegenerative disorders / Ari Nowacek ... [et al.] -- Nanotechnological applications in tissue and implant / Viswanathan S. Saji and Han-Cheol Choe.
- Nanomedicine. Cancer, diabetes, and cardiovascular, central nervous system, pulmonary and inflammatory diseases. 1st ed. 2012ScienceDirect
- Nanomedicine. Infectious diseases, immunotherapy, diagnostics, antifibrotics, toxicology, and gene medicine. 1st ed. 2012ScienceDirectEnhanced antiviral activity of acyclovir loaded into nanoparticles / Roberta Cavalli ... [et al.] -- Gold manno-glyconanoparticles for intervening in HIV gp120 carbohydrate-mediated processes/ Paolo Di Gianvincenzo ... [et al.] -- Nanoparticle-mediated targeted delivery of antiretrovirals to the brain / Supriya D. Mahajan ... [et al.] -- Antibacterial activity of doxycycline-loaded nanoparticles / Ranjita Misra and Sanjeeb K. Sahoo -- Antimicrobial properties of electrically formed elastomeric polyurethane-copper oxide nanocomposites for medical and dental applications / Z. Ahmad ... [et al.] -- Gastrointestinal delivery of anti-inflammatory nanoparticles / Hamed Laroui, Shanthi V. Sitaraman, and Didier Merlin -- Chitosan-based nanoparticles as a hepatitis B antigen delivery system / Filipa Lebre ... [et al.] -- Targeting nanoparticles to dendritic cells for immunotherapy / Luis J. Cruz ... [et al.] -- Protein-carbon nanotube sensors : single platform integrated micro clinical lab for monitoring blood analytes / Sowmya Viswanathan ... [et al.] -- Investigating the toxic effects of iron oxide nanoparticles / Stefaan J. Soenen ... [et al.] -- Cytotoxicity of gold nanoparticles / Yu Pan, Matthias Bartneck, and Willi Jahnen-Dechent -- Design of target-seeking antifibrotic compounds / Tero A.H. Järvinen -- Design and fabrication of N-alkyl-polyethylenimine-stabilized iron oxide nanoclusters for gene delivery / Gang Liu ... [et al.] -- Cell-penetrating peptide-based systems for nucleic acid delivery : a biological and biophysical approach / Sara Trabulo ... [et al.] -- Multifunctional envelope-type nano device (MEND) for organelle targeting via a stepwise membrane fusion process / Yuma Yamada, Hidetaka Akita, and Hideyoshi Harashima -- Lipopolyplexes as nanomedicines for therapeutic gene delivery / Leire García ... [et al.] -- Interfering nanoparticles for silencing microRNAs / Huricha Baigude and Tariq M. Rana -- Genetic nanomedicine : gene delivery by targeted lipoplexes / Nejat Nejat Düzgüneş and Conchita Tros de Ilarduya.
- Nanoparticles and the immune system safety and effects 2014ScienceDirectNanoparticles and the Immune System provides a reference text for toxicologists, materials scientists and regulators and covers the key issues of interaction of nanomaterials with the immune system. The book discusses several issues that toxicologists and regulators need to know: identification of endpoints that are relevant for assessing hazard, evaluating impact on immunologically frail populations, and how to evaluate chronic/cumulative effects. In addition, the book addresses the possibility of turning the immunomodulating properties of certain nanomaterials to our advantage.
- Nanopathology the health impact of nanoparticles 2008CRCnetBASEDescribes the impact of nanoparticles and microparticles on human and animal health and offers criteria for preventing potential problems deriving from these particles.
- Nanoscale materials in chemistry 2001Wileych. 1. Introduction to the nanoworld / Kenneth J. Klabunde -- ch. 2. Metals / Gunter Schmid -- ch. 3. Semiconductor nanocrystals / M.P. Pileni -- ch. 4. Ceramics / Abbas Khaleel and Ryan M. Richards -- ch. 5. Metal nanoparticles : double layers, optical properties, and electrochemistry / Paul Mulvaney -- ch. 6. Magnetism / C.M. Sorensen -- ch. 7. Chemical and catalytic aspects of nanocrystals / Kenneth J. Klabunde and Ravichandra S. Mulukutla -- ch. 8. Specific heats and melting points of nanocrystalline materials / Olga Koper and Slawomir Winecki -- ch. 9. Applications of nanocrystals / John Parker.
- Nanoscience in biomedicine 2009SpringerStem Cells and Nanostructured Materials / Vince Beachley and Xuejun Wen -- Biomedical Polymer Nanofibers for Emerging Technology / Kwideok Park, Won Ho Park, Jun Sik Son and Dong Keun Han -- Nanoscale Mechanisms for Assembly of Biomaterials / Zhijie Sui and William L. Murphy -- Fabrication and Assembly of Nanomaterials and Nanostructures for Biological Detections / Qingkai Yu and Jie Lian -- Nanostructured Materials Constructed from Polypeptides / Peng Jing, Jangwook P. Jung and Joel H. Collier -- Photoluminescent Carbon Nanomaterials: Properties and Potential Applications / Yaping Sun, Fushen Lu, Xin Wang, Li Cao and Yi Lin, et al. -- Microwave-assisted Synthesis and Processing of Biomaterials / Yingjie Zhu and Jiang Chang -- Characterizing Biointerfaces and Biosurfaces in Biomaterials Design / Kalpana S. Katti, Devendra Verma and Dinesh R. Katti -- Carbon Nanotubes for Electrochemical and Electronic Biosensing Applications / Ningyi Liu, Qing Zhang, Mary B Chan-Park, Changming Li and Peng Chen -- Heparin-Conjugated Nanointerfaces for Biomedical Applications / Ki Dong Park, Yoon Ki Joung, Jin Woo Bae and Dong Hyun Go -- Inorganic Nanoparticles for Biomedical Applications / Mei Chee Tan, Gan Moog Chow, Lei Ren and Qiqing Zhang -- Nano Metal Particles for Biomedical Applications / Kyung A. Kang, Bin Hong and Hanzhu Jin -- Micro- and Nanoscale Technologies in High-Throughput Biomedical Experimentation / Vikramaditya G. Yadav, Mark D. Brigham, Ling Yibo, Christopher Rivest and Utkan Demirci, et al. -- Delivery System of Bioactive Molecules for Regenerative Medicine / Gilson Khang, Yoon Sun Jung, Soon Hee Kim, Moon Suk Kim and Hai Bang Lee -- Modification of Nano-sized Materials for Drug Delivery / Tao Xu, Heather L. Nichols, Ning Zhang and Xuejun Wen -- Polymeric Nano Micelles as a Drug Carrier / Moon Suk Kim, Hyun Hoon, Gilson Khang and Hai Bang Lee -- DNA Nanotechnology / Junping Zhang and Roger J. Narayan -- Nanoscale Bioactive Surfaces and Endosseous Implantology / Yunzhi Yang, Yongxing Liu, Sangwon Park, Hyunseung Kim and Kwangmin Lee, et al. -- Carbon Nanotube Smart Materials for Biology and Medicine / Yeo Heung Yun, Vesselin N. Shanov, Adam Bange, William R. Heineman and H. Brian Halsall, et al. -- Microscopic Modeling of Phonon Modes in Semiconductor Nanocrystals / Wei Cheng, Shangfen Ren and David T. Marx -- Fracture Processes in Advanced Nanocrystalline and Nanocomposite Materials / I. A. Ovid'ko -- Synthesis, Properties and Application of Conducting PPY Nanoparticles / Xingui Li, Meirong Huang and Yunbin Xie -- Field Emission of Carbon Nanotubes / Baoqing Zeng and Zhifeng Ren -- Flexible Dye-Sensitized Nano-Porous Films Solar Cells / Dongshe Zhang, Tony Pereira, Torsten Oekermann, Katrin Wessels and Changyong Qin, et al. -- Magnetic Nanofluids: Synthesis and Structure / L. Vékás, M. V. Avdeev and Doina Bica.
- STED microscopy with compact light sources / Lars Kastrup ... [et al.] -- Nonlinear fluorescence imaging by saturated excitation / Nicholas I. Smith ... [et al.] -- Far-field fluorescence microscopy of cellular structures at molecular optical resolution / Christoph Cremer ... [et al.] -- Fluorescence microscopy with extended depth of field / Kai Wicker and Rainer Heintzmann -- Single particle tracking / Kevin Braeckmans ... [et al.] -- Fluorescence correlation spectroscopy / Xianke Shi and Thorsten Wohland -- Two-photon excitation microscopy: a superb wizard for fluorescence imaging / Francesca Cella and Alberto Diaspro -- Photobleaching minimization in single- and multi-photon fluorescence imaging / Partha Pratim Mondal ... [et al.] -- Applications of second harmonic generation imaging microscopy / Paolo Bianchini and Alberto Diaspro -- Green fluorescent proteins as intracellular pH indicators / Fabio Beltram ... [et al.] -- Fluorescence photoactivation localization microscopy / Manasa V. Gudheti, Travis J. Gould, and Samuel T. Hess -- Molecular resolution of cellular biochemistry and physiology by FRET/FLIM / Fred S. Wouters and Gertrude Bunt -- FRET-based determination of protein complex structure at nanometer length scale in living cells / Valerică Raicu -- Automation in multidimensional fluorescence microscopy: novel instrumentation and applications in biomedical research / Mario Faretta -- Optical manipulation, photonic devices, and their use in microscopy / G. Cojoc ... [et al.] -- Optical tweezers microscopy: piconewton forces in cell and molecular biology / Francesco Difato ... [et al.] -- In vivo spectroscopic imaging of biological membranes and surface imaging for high-throughput screening / Jo L. Richens ... [et al.] -- Near-field optical microscopy: insight on the nanometer-scale organization of the cell membrane / Davide Normanno, Thomas van Zanten, and María F. García-Parajo.
- Nanostructures and nanoconstructions based on DNA 2012CRCnetBASE"Written for chemists, physicists, molecular biologists, and students in related fields, this reference covers information presently available on the specific properties of metallic nanoparticles, and compares their properties with those related to nanoobjects formed by biological molecules. It also discloses details of formation and physic-chemical peculiarities of the DNA nanostructures and DNA-based nanoconstructions. Timely in publication, the reference contains more DNA physics and molecular biology than other published titles. Authors discuss how nucleic acid molecules and their complexes with chemical and biologically active compounds are of great interest in the development of various nanoscale systems and devices of practical importance"-- Provided by publisher.
- Nanotechnology and nanomedicine in diabetes 2012CRCnetBASE"Understanding the importance of nanosciences is somewhat problematic as a great deal of text can be rather technical in nature with little consideration to the novice. In this book information is readable as it has sections for the novice and expert alike. Each chapter has an abstract, "key facts", and a "mini-dictionary" of key terms and phrases within each chapter. Each chapter has a summary in point form The book covers for example, introductions to the field, lipid matrix nanoparticles, atomic force microscopy, characterization of tissues at the nanometer scale, antisense oligonucleotides, carbon nanotubes, , nanocomposites, nanorods, carbon nanomaterials, nanolabeled diabetogenic, nanofiber wound dressings, and nanotechnology footsocks"-- Provided by publisher.
- Nanotechnology and occupational health 2007Springer
- Nanotechnology and the environment 2009CRCnetBASENanoscale materials: definition and properties / Kathleen Sellers -- Overview of manufacturing processes / Julie Chen, Kathleen Sellers -- Developing environmental regulations pertinent to nanotechnology / Lynn L. Bergeson -- Analyses of nanoparticles in the environment / Marilyn Hoyt -- Environmental fate and transport / Chris E. Mackay, Kim M. Henry -- Treatment of nanoparticles in wastewater / Kim M. Henry, Kathleen Sellers -- The potential ecological hazard of nanomaterials / Stephen R. Clough -- Toxicology and risk assessment / Chris E. Mackay, Jane Hamblen -- Nanoparticle use in pollution control / Kathleen Sellers -- Balancing the risks and rewards / Kathleen Sellers.
- Nanotechnology in cancer therapy 2007CRCnetBASE
- Nanotechnology in dermatology 2013SpringerNanotechnology in Dermatology is the first book of its kind to address all of the important and rapidly growing aspects of nanotechnology as it relates to dermatology. In the last few years there has been an explosion in research and development for products and devices related to nanotechnology, including numerous applications for consumers, physicians, patients, and industry. Applications are underway in medicine and dermatology for the early detection, diagnosis, and targeted therapy of disease, and nanodesigned materials and devices are expected to be faster, smaller, more powerful, more efficient, and more versatile than their traditional counterparts. Written by experts working in this exciting field, Nanotechnology in Dermatology specifically addresses nanotechnology in consumer skin care products, in the diagnosis of skin disease, in the treatment of skin disease, and the overall safety of nanotechnology. The book also discusses future trends of this ever-growing and changing field, providing dermatologists, pharmaceutical companies, policy makers, and consumer cosmetics companies with a clear understanding of the advantages and challenges of nanotechnology today.
- Nanotechnology-- basic science and emerging technologies 2002CRCnetBASE
- Nanotechnology-- ethics and society 2008CRCnetBASE
- Nanotechnology-- health and environmental risks 2008CRCnetBASEIntroduction : assessing nanotechnology health and environmental risks -- Defining risk assessment and how it is used for environmental protection, and its potential role for managing nanotechnology risks -- Sustainable nanotechnology development using risk assessment and applying life cycle thinking -- The state of the science : human health, toxicology, and nanotechnological risk / Brenda E. Barry -- The state of the science : environmental risks -- NANO LCRA : an adaptive screening-level life cycle risk assessment framework for nanotechnology -- Alternative approaches for life cycle risk assessment for nanotechnology and comprehensive environmental assessment / Jo Anne Shatkin and J. Michael Davis -- Current and proposed approaches for managing risks in occupational environments / Brenda E. Barry -- Ongoing international efforts to address risk issues for nanotechnology.
- Nanotechnology-- legal aspects 2008CRCnetBASEPatents -- Copyrights -- Integrated circuit topographies -- Trade secrets -- Ownership of nanotech intellectual property -- Delegation of power to agencies -- Examples of regulation of nanotechnology -- Political and judicial control over agency action -- Civil liability -- Criminal liability.
- Nanotechnology-- science and computation 2006Springer
- Nanoflares as Probes for Cancer Diagnostics -- Therapeutic Applications of Spherical Nucleic Acids -- Theranostic Magnetic Nanostructures (MNS) for Cancer -- Nanodiamond-Based Chemotherapy and Imaging -- Theranostic Lipid Nanoparticles for Cancer Medicine -- Synthetic High-Density Lipoprotein-Like Nanoparticles as Cancer Therapy -- Radiosensitization and Nanoparticles -- Hybrid Nanoparticles for Cancer Imaging and Therapy -- Exploring Tumor Microenvironment with Nanoparticles -- How nanoparticles interact with cancer cells -- Engineering the Nanoparticle-Protein Interface for Cancer Therapeutics -- Calibration-Quality Cancer Nano-Therapeutics -- Cancer Nano-Therapeutics in Clinical Trials.
- Nanotherapeutics drug delivery concepts in nanoscience 2009CRCnetBASENanocarriers in drug delivery : design, manufacture and physicochemical properties / Christoph Schmidt and Alf Lamprecht -- Transport across biological barriers / Noha Nafee, Vivekanand Bhardwaj and Marc Schneider -- Targeting approaches / Sandrine Cammas-Marion -- Nanoscale cancer therapeutics / Yann Pellequer and Alf Lamprecht -- Nanotherapeutics for skin diseases / Nicolas Atrux-Tallau, Françoise Falson and Fabrice Pirot -- Nanoparticles for oral vaccination / Juan M. Irache, Hesham H. Salman, Sara Gómez and Carlos Gamazo -- Nanoparticles : therapeutic approaches for bacterial diseases / Brice Moulari -- Nanoparticle therapy in parasites diseases : possibility and reality! / Malika Larabi -- Nanocarriers in the therapy of inflammatory disease / Alf Lamprecht.
- Introduction to biomedical nanotechnology / Dorothy Farrell, George Hinkal, and Piotr Grodzinksi -- Impact of bionanointeractions of engineered nanoparticles for nanomedicine / Stefania Sabella -- Rational approach for the safe design of nanomaterials / Anna L. Costa -- Characterization of manufactured nanomaterials, dispersion, and exposure for toxicological testing / Keld A. Jensen, Giulio Pojana and Dagmar Bilanič̌ová -- Workplace inhalation exposure to engineered nanomaterials: detection, measurement, and assessment / Martie van Tongeren, Araceli Sánchez Jiménez, and Derk Brouwer -- Nanotechnology in consumer products: addressing potential health and safety implications for consumers / Treye A. Thomas -- Quantitative nanostructure-activity relationships : from unstructured data to predictive models for designing nanomaterials with controlled properties / Denis Fourches and Alexander Tropsha -- Pharmacokinetics and biodistribution of nanomaterials / Jim E. Riviere -- Advanced methodologies and techniques for assessing nanomaterial toxicity : from manufacturing to nanomedicine screening / Adriele Prina-Mello, Bashir M. Mohamed, Navin K. Verma, Namrata Jain, and Yuri Volkkov -- Detection methods for the in vivo biodistribution of iron oxide and silica nanoparticles : effects of size, surface chemistry, and shape / Heather A. Enright and Michael A. Malfatti -- Quantitative single-cell approaches to assessing nanotoxicity in nanomedicine systems / James F. Leary -- Imaging techniques for nanoparticles in skin / Tarl W. Prow -- Safety implications of nanomaterial exposure to skin / Nancy A. Monteiro-Riviere -- Interspecies comparisons of pulmonary responses to fine and/or nanoscale particulates : relevance for humans of particle-overload responses in the rat model / David B. Warheit and Kenneth L. Reed -- Current in vitro models for nanomaterial testing in pulmonary systems / Sonja Boland, Sandra Vranic, Roel Schins, and Tobias Stöger -- Nanoparticles and the immune system / Bengt Fadeel and Diana Boraschi -- Carbon nanotubes and cardiovascular disease / Peter Moøller, Cao Yi, Lise K. Vesterdal, Pernille H. Danielsen, Martin Roursgaard, Henrik Klingberg, Daniel V. Christopherson, and Steffen Loft -- Single- and multiwalled carbon nanotubes toxicity and potential applications in neuroregeneration / Fariborz Tavangarian, Guoqiang Li, and Yiyao Li -- Current in vitro models for nanomaterial testing : the reproductive system / Gary R. Hutchinson and Bryony L. Ross -- Current in vitro models or nanomaterial testing : genotoxicity issues / Laetitia Gonzalez, Sara Corradi, and Micheline Kirsch-Volders -- Cell-based targeting of anticancer nanomaterials to tumors / Matt Basel, Tej Shrestha, Hongwang Wang, and Stefan Bossmann -- Silver nanoparticles in biomedical applications / Meghan E. Samberg and Nancy A. Monteiro-Riviere -- Cytotoxicity of conjugated and unconjugated semiconductor and metal nanoparticles / Jay Nadeau -- Issues related to risk assessment of nanomaterials / Maureen R. Gwinn -- Risk assessment of engineered nanomaterials : state of the art and roadmap for future research / Danail Hristozov, Laura MacCalman, Keld A. Jensen, Vicki Stone, Janeck Scott-Fordsmand, Bernd Nowack, Teresa Fernandes, and Antonio Marcomini.
- Neurotechnology premises, potential, and problems 2012CRCnetBASE
- Introduction: defining the position of non-biological complex drugs -- Polymeric micelles -- Liposomes: the science and the regulatory landscape -- Glatiramoids -- Iron carbohydrate complexes: characteristics and regulatory challenges -- Drug nanocrystals -- Analytical methods for determining the size (distribution) in parenteral dispersions -- NBCD pharmacokinetics and bioanalytical methods to meaure drug release -- Low molecular weight heparins, biological drugs close to non-biological complex drugs -- Nanoparticle albumin-bound anticancer agents -- The EU regulatory landscape of non-biological complex drugs -- Epilogue: What did we learn? What can we expect in the future? Concluding remarks and outstanding issues -- Index.
- 1. Nanoparticulate-based therapeutics: an overview / Deepak Thassu, Kris Holt, and Gerald J. Chader -- 2. Eye anatomy, physiology and ocular barriers: basic considerations for drug delivery / Gerald J. Chader and Deepak Thassu -- 3. Animal models to evaluate nanoparticulate drug delivery systems / Vinson M. Wang, Jingsheng Tuo, and Chi-Chao Chan -- 4. Computer modeling for ocular drug delivery / Paul J. Missel -- 5. Considerations for development of ophthalmic nanotechnology-based drugs / Banu S. Zolnik, Sherizaq Baksh, and Nakissa Sadrieh -- 6. Blood-retinal barrier: the fundamentals / Rosa Fernandes, Andreia Gonçalves, and José Cunha-Vaz -- 7. Barriers to transscleral drug delivery to the retina / Alexandra Almazan ... [et al.] -- 8. Drug delivery to the vitreous humor / Francine Behar-Cohen -- 9. Transscleral and suprachoroidal drug delivery / Damian E. Berezovsky and Henry Edelhauser -- 10. Protein drug delivery to retina and choroid / Hogwen M. Rivers and Patrick M. Hughes -- 11. Transscleral drug delivery to the posterior segment of the eye / Bernard F. Godley ... [et al.] -- 12. Drug delivery to the suprachoroidal space / Sung Won Cho and Timothy Olsen -- 13. Use of nanoparticles in the treatment of age-related macular degeneration, glaucoma and other degenerative retinal diseases / Marco A. Zarbin ... [et al.] -- 14. Drug molecule characteristics and their impact on anterior versus posterior segment drug delivery strategies / Kay D. Rittenhouse -- 15. Surface modulation of nanoparticles / Deepak Thassu and Kris Holt -- 16. Nanoparticles for the treatment of retinal diseases / Amin Famili and Uday B. Kompella -- 17. Gene-based medicine for ocular diseases / Shannon M. Conley and Muna I. Naash -- 18. Stealth-type polymeric nanoparticles with encapsulated betamethasone phosphate for treatment of intraocular inflammation / Tsutomu Sakai, Tsutomu Ishihara, and Megumu Higaki -- 19. Nanotechnology-guided imaging of retinal vascular disease / Joshua R. Trantum, John S. Penn, and Ashwath Jayagopal -- 20. Photoresponsive polymers for ocular drug delivery / Laura A. Wells and Heather Sheardown -- t21. Nanosuspensions in ocular drug delivery systems / Himanshu Bhattacharjee and Sonia Bedi.
- Fundamentals of optical microscopy / Franco Quercioli -- The white confocal: continuous spectral tuning in excitation and emission / Rolf Borlinghaus -- Second/third harmonic generation microscopy / Shakil Rehman ... [et al.] -- Role of scattering and nonlinear effects in the illumination and the photobleaching distribution profiles / Zeno Lavagnino, Francesca Cella Zanacchi and Alberto Diaspro -- New analytical tools for evaluation of spherical aberration in optical microscopy / Isabel Escobar ... [et al.] -- Improving image formation by pushing the signal-to-noise ratio / Emiliano Ronzitti ... [et al.] -- Site-specific labeling of proteins in living cells using synthetic fluorescent dyes / Gertrude Bunt -- Imaging molecular physiology in cells using FRET-based fluorescent nanosensors / Fred S. Wouters -- Measuring molecular dynamics by FRAP, FCS, and SPT / Kevin Braeckmans ... [et al.] -- In vitro-in vivo fluctuation spectroscopies / M. Collini ... [et al.] -- Interference x-ray diffraction from single muscle cells reveals the molecular basis of muscle braking / L. Fusi ... [et al.] -- Low concentration protein detection using novel SERS devices / Gobind Das ... [et al.] -- Near infrared three-dimensional nonlinear optical monitoring of stem cell differentiation / Uday K. Tirlapur and Clarence Yapp -- A correlative microscopy: a combination of light and electron microscopy / Umberto Fascio and Anna Sartori-Rupp.
- Oxidative stress and nanotechnology methods and protocols 2013Springer ProtocolsNanoscale biosensor for detection of reactive oxygen species / Tarl W. Prow, Daniel Sundh, and Gerard A. Lutty -- Nanoparticles : toxicity, radicals, electron transfer, and antioxidants / Peter Kovacic and Ratnasamy Somanathan -- Encapsulation of antioxidants in gastrointestinal-resistant nanoparticulate carriers / Eliana B. Souto ... [et al.] -- Toxicity of novel nanosized rormulations used in medicine / Afaf El-Ansary ... [e tal.] -- Fullerenol nanoparticles : toxicity and antioxidant activity / Rade Injac, Matevz Prijatelj, and Borut Strukelj -- Hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) detection with nanoprobes for biological applications : a mini-review / Gwangseong Kim, Yong-Eun Koo Lee, and Raoul Kopelman -- Studying the oxidative stress paradigm in vitro : a theoretical and practical perspective / Martin J.D. Clift and Barbara Rothen-Rutishauser -- Evaluation of the effect of acute and subacute exposure to TiO2 nanoparticles on oxidative stress / Shichang Liu and Zhuo Yang -- Biomedical applications of nano-antioxidant / Geeta Watal ... [et al.] -- Lipid peroxidation due to in vitro and in vivo exposure of biological samples to nanoparticles / Anca Dinischiotu ... [et al.] -- Testing nanomaterial toxicity in unicellular eukaryotic algae and fish cell lines / Alexandra Kroll, Dana Kühnel, and Kristin Schirmer -- Gold nanoparticles and oxidative stress in the blue mussel, mytilus edulis / Sara Tedesco ... [et al.] -- Oxidative biomarkers to assess the nanoparticle-induced oxidative stress / Rama Narsimha Reddy Anreddy, Narsimha Reddy Yellu, and Krishna R. Devarakonda -- Vesicular antioxidants : role in age-related cerebral oxidative injury / Sibani Sarkar, Ardhendu Kumar Mandal, and Nirmalendu Das -- Methods for detection of oxidative stress and genotoxicity of engineered nanoparticles / Ashutosh Kumar, Vyom Sharma, and Alok Dhawan -- Size-dependent study of pulmonary responses to nano- sized iron and copper oxide nanoparticles / Rajiv Kumar and Dattatri K. Nagesha -- In vitro techniques to investigate the oxidative effects of quantum dots / Ridhima Juneja and Indrajit Roy -- Hybrid polymeric nanoparticles : potential candidate for ophthalmic delivery / Dhruba J. Bharali, Donald Armstrong, and Shaker A. Mousa -- Relevance of nanotechnology in modulating oxidative stress : an overview / Dhruba J. Bharali and Shaker A. Mousa.
- Protein nanotechnology protocols, instrumentation, and applications edited by Tuan Vo-Dinh. 2005Springer ProtocolsProtein nanotechnology: the new frontier in biosciences / Tuan Vo-Dinh -- Kinetics and mechanisms of protein crystallization at the molecular level / Peter G. Vekilov -- Nanostructured systems for biological materials / Esther H. Lan, Bruce Dunn, and Jeffrey I. Zink -- Nanomaterials of drug delivery systems for tissue regeneration / Yasuhiko Tabata -- Nanotechnology with S-layer proteins / Bernhard Schuster ... [et al.] -- Folding of β-structured fibrous proteins and self-assembling peptides / Anna Mitraki and Mark J. van Raaij -- Application of NMR methods to identify detection reagents for use in development of robust nanosensors / Monique Cosman, Viswanathan V. Krishnan, and Rod Balhorn -- Studying 3D subdomains of proteins at the nanometer scale using fluorescence spectroscopy / Pierre M. Viallet and Tuan Vo-Dinh -- Carbon nanotubes and nanowires for biological sensing / Jun Li, Hou Tee Ng, and Hua Chen -- Carbon nanotube systems to communicate with enzymes / J. Justin Gooding and Joe G. Shapter -- Molecularly imprinted polymers for biomolecular recognition / Alexandra Molinelli, Markus Janotta, and Boris Mizaikoff -- Plasmonics-based nanostructures for surface-enhanced Raman scattering bioanalysis / Tuan Vo-Dinh, Fei Yan, and David L. Stokes -- Bacterial virus [phi]29 DNA-packaging motor and its potential applications in gene therapy and nanotechnology / Peixuan Guo -- Construction of ordered protein arrays / Jarrod Clark ... [et al.] -- Bioengineering and characterization of DNA-protein assemblies floating on supported membranes / Wilfrid Boireau, Anthony C. Duncan, and Denis Pompon -- Nanosystems for biosensing: multianalyte immunoassay on a protein chip / Eiichi Tamiya ... [et al.] -- Optical nanosensors for detecting proteins and biomarkers in individual living cells / Tuan Vo-Dinh -- Nanoelectrodes integrated in atomic force microscopy cantilevers for imaging of in situ enzyme activity / Angelika Kueng ... [et al.] -- Protein amyloidose misfolding: mechanisms, detection, and pathological implications / Nigil Satish, Ajit Sadana, and Tuan Vo-Dinh -- Near-field scanning optical microscopy for bioanalysis at nanometer resolution / Musundi B. Wabuyele ... [et al.].
- This book explores engineered nanomaterials (ENM) pulmonary effects and familiarizes readers with unique aspects of nanomaterial application and research. Focusing on the diagnostic and therapeutic utilities of nanomaterials in different lung diseases, it discusses the novel applications of nanotechnology for the treatment of airway diseases such as asthma, allergy, chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases, cystic fibrosis, and lung cancer. In an attempt to synchronize the efforts of pulmonary biologists, chemists, and clinicians in developing novel nano-based tools for airway diseases, the book also discusses the strategies to overcome the pathophysiological and technical barriers.
- Responsibility in nanotechnology development 2014SpringerThis book disentangles the complex meanings of responsibility in nanotechnology development by focusing on its theoretical and empirical dimensions. The notion of responsibility is extremely diversified in the public discourse of nanoscale technologies. Addressed are major disciplinary perspectives working on nanotechnology, e.g. philosophy, sociology, and political science, as well as the major multidisciplinary areas relevant to the innovation process, e.g. technology assessment and ethics. Furthermore, the interplay between such expertises, disciplines, and research programmes in providing a multidisciplinary understanding of responsibility is emphasized.
- RNA nanotechnology and therapeutics 2014CRCnetBASESection 1. Introduction : principles and fundamentals of RNA nanotechnology -- section 2. RNA folding, structure, and motifs in RNA nanoparticle assembly -- section 3. RNA computation and structure prediction for RNA nanoparticle construction -- section 4. RNA chemistry for nanoparticle synthesis, conjugation, and labeling -- section 5. Single-molecule and biophysical techniques in RNA nanostructure analysis -- section 6. Methods for the assembly of RNA nanoparticles -- section 7. RNA nanoparticles for therapy of cancer, viral infections, and genetic diseases -- section 8. RNA nanotechnology for diagnostic applications -- section 9. Application of RNA aptamers in RNA nanotechnology and therapeutics -- section 10. Application of miRNAs in RNA nanotechnology and therapeutics -- section 11. Application of siRNAs in RNA nanotechnology and therapeutics.
- Textbook of nanoneuroscience and nanoneurosurgery 2014CRCnetBASECh. 1. From nanotechnology to nanoneuroscience/nanoneurosurgery and nanobioelectronics : a historical review of milestones / Vicky Yamamoto ... [et al.] -- ch. 2. Nanoneurology and nanoneurosurgery / Geoffrey S. F. Ling, Robbin Miranda, and Gill Pratt -- ch. 3. Nanopolymers and nanoconjugates for central nervous system diagnostics and therapies / Giancarlo Suffredini and Lucien M. Levy -- ch. 4. Micelles and liposomes : lipid nanovehicles for intracerebral drug delivery / Massimo S. Fiandaca and Krystof S. Bankiewicz -- ch. 5. Peptide and protein-based nanoparticles / Ayaz M. Khawaja and John D. Heiss -- ch. 6. Endohedral metallofullerenes, iron oxide agents, and gold nanoparticles for brain imaging / Martina A. McAteer and Robin P. Choudhury -- ch. 7. Carbon nanoplatforms and their application for neurological disorders / Houman Badrzadeh, Peyman Tashkandi, Michelle Knosp, and Babak Kateb -- ch. 8. Dendrimers / Ayaz M. Khawaja and John D. Heiss Chapter -- ch. 9. Ligand-based targeting of therapeutic and imaging agents for cancer / Qimeng Quan, Seulki Lee, and Xiaoyuan Chen -- ch. 10. Immune-based targeting in cancer / Dwain K. Irvin, Chirag G. Patil, and Keith L. Black -- ch. 11. Directed drug convection using magnetic nanoparticles as therapeutic carriers : meeting the challenge of specific brain pharmacotherapeutics, non-ligand-based central nervous system targeting, including magnetic focusing / David F. Moore ... [et al.] -- ch. 12. Intralesional and intraparenchymal convection-enhanced delivery of nanoparticles / Tatsuhiro Fujii ... [et al.] -- ch. 13. Transport of nanoparticles across blood-brain barrier / Robert T. Wicks, Zev A. Binder, and Alessandro Olivi -- ch. 14. Nanomedicine treatment strategies that exploit unique characteristics of tumor vasculature and microenvironment / Jun Wu, Tatsuhiro Fujii, and Mike Y. Chen -- ch. 15. Focused ultrasound for noninvasive neuromodulation / Martin O. Culjat ... [et al.] -- ch. 16. Nanosensors / J. Matthew Dubach and Heather A. Clark -- ch. 17. Implantable infusion pumps incorporating nanotechnology / Ellis Meng, Tuan Hoang, and Uttam Sinha -- ch. 18. Nanostructured surfaces for intracerebral neurotransmitter recording / David A. Price ... [et al.] -- ch. 19. Therapy for neuronopathic lysosomal storage diseases / Ayaz M. Khawaja, John D. Heiss, and Roscoe O. Brady -- ch. 20. Nanotechnology for cerebral aneurysm treatment / Jean Paul Allain, Teodoro Tigno, and Rocco Armonda -- ch. 21. Improving treatment of stroke through nanotechnology / Francesca Nicholls ... [et al.] -- ch. 22. Molecular medical devices for nanoneurosurgery / Rutledge Ellis-Behnke -- ch. 23. Applications of nanotechnology in epilepsy / Paul R. Carney -- ch. 24. Applications of nanotechnology to diseases of the spine / Bryn S. Moore and Steven A. Toms -- ch. 25. Nanoparticle-based treatment and imaging of brain tumors : potentials and limitations / Bong-Seop Lee ... [et al.] -- ch. 26. Tumor-targeted nanodrugs for treatment of primary brain tumors / Joseph T. Cheatle and Michele R. Aizenberg -- ch. 27. Application of nanotechnology in the diagnosis and treatment of brain metastasis / Joel C. Sunshine ... [et al.] -- ch. 28. Nanotechnology in extra-axial and pituitary tumors / Aimee Two, J. Peter Gruen, and Gabriel Zada -- ch. 29. Using nanoparticles in diagnosis and treatment of CNS infection / Zion Zibly, Cody D. Schlaff, and John D. Heiss -- ch. 30. Applications of nanotechnology in movement disorders / Patrick Pezeshkian ... [et al.] -- ch. 31. Nanomedicine in demyelinating disease : application to diagnosis and therapy in multiple sclerosis / Emily C. Leibovitch and Steven Jacobson -- ch. 32. Applications of nanotechnology in degenerative disorders of the brain / Ayaz M. Khawaja and John D. Heiss -- ch. 33. Brain-machine interface and rehabilitation / Martin Pham, Alexander Taghva, and Ali R. Rezai -- ch. 34. Nanobioelectronics for noninvasive neuronal therapy / Evangelia Hondroulis, Jairo Nelson, and Chen-Zhong Li -- ch. 35. In vitro and in vivo techniques to assess neurotoxicity of nanoparticles / Thomas Birngruber ... [et al.] -- ch. 36. Nanorobotics for neurosurgery / Robbin Miranda, Gill Pratt, and Geoffrey S. F. Ling -- ch. 37. Imaging and tracking therapeutic cells with nanoparticles / Gang Niu and Joseph A. Frank -- ch. 38. Micro- and nanotechnology in nerve repair / Ali C. Ravanpay and Michel Kliot -- ch. 39. Nanotechnology : applications to pediatric neurosurgery / Giancarlo Suffredini and Robert F. Keating -- ch. 40. Food and drug administration regulatory framework for nanodrugs and nanodevices and the combination / Vicky Yamamoto -- ch. 41. Nanoneuroscience and nanoneurosurgery : a key component of President Obama's brain mapping initiative / Babak Kateb ... [et al.].
- Tissue engineering and regenerative medicine a nano approach 2013CRCnetBASE"This book bridges the gap between nanotechnology and regenerative medicine to facilitate their transition from lab to the clinic. It compiles important aspects of the basic science and fundamental principles to current nanotechnological innovations in biomaterials, cell, tissue, and organ engineering, and their clinical relevance, as well as future trends in regenerative medicine. It is intended for a wide audience including students, researchers, professors, and industrial experts working in the tields of biomaterial science and engineering, nanoscience and nanotechnology, bioengineering, cell biology, biomedical sciences, tissue engineering, and nanomedicine"--Provided by publisher.
- Toxicology of carbon nanotubes 2012Knovel"The widespread and increasing use of carbon nanotubes in scientific and engineering research and their incorporation into manufactured goods has urged an assessment of the risks and hazards associated with exposure to them. The field of nanotoxicology studies the toxicology of nanoparticles such as carbon nanotubes and has become a major growth area aimed towards risk assessment of nanoparticles. Compiled by a team of leading experts at the forefront of research, this is the first book dedicated to the toxicology of carbon nanotubes. It provides state-of-the-science information on how and why they are so potentially dangerous if breathed in, including their similarities to asbestos. The book examines various aspects of carbon nanotubes, from their manufacture and aerodynamic behaviour to their effects at molecular level in the lungs. It is invaluable to the many groups involved with research in this area, as well as to regulators and risk assessors"-- Provided by publisher.
- Ch. 1. An introduction to VNPs and nanotechnology -- ch. 2. Overview of the manifold VNPs used in nanotechnology -- ch. 3. Production of VNPs, VLPs, and chimeras -- ch. 4. The art of bioconjugation : functionalization of VNPs -- ch. 5. Encapsulating materials within VNPs -- ch. 6. VNPs as templates for materials synthesis -- ch. 7. Playing "nano-lego" : VNPs as building blocks for the construction of multi-dimensional arrays -- ch. 8. VNPs as tools for nanomedicine -- ch. 9. Summary and outlook.
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Access restricted to Stanford community
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
Can't find it?
Look if we have it in print
- Springer Protocols
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
A repository of medical knowledge from internal medicine, cardiology, genetics, pharmacy, diagnosis and management, basic sciences, patient care, and more. Continuously expanding, all databases in the repository contain the latest editions of selected medical titles.MicroMedex: Premier pharmaceutical information source containing multiple databases and drug reference tools. Of particular value is DRUGDEX Evaluations, one of the most comprehensive drug sources available.DynaMed is a clinical information resource used by physicians to answer clinical questions quickly and easily at the point of care. Topics are updated daily as new evidence becomes available. Scopus is the largest abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature: scientific journals, books and conference proceedings.A drug information resource containing: American Hospital Formulary System (AHFS), drug formulary for Lucile Packard Children's Hospital (LPCH) and Stanford Hospital & Clinics (SHC), Lexi-Drugs (adverse reactions, dosage and administration, mechanism of action, storage, use, and administration information), Lexi-Calc, Lexi-ID, Lexi-I.V. Compatibility (King Guide), Lexi-Interact, and Lexi-PALS.Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature (CINAHL) contains coverage of nursing and allied health literature.A knowledge database that provides access to topic reviews based on over 6000 clinically relevant articles. The evidence-based content, updated regularly, provides the latest practice guidelines in 59 medical specialtiesProvides critical assessments of systematic reviews compiled from a variety of medical journals.Selects from the biomedical literature original studies and systematic reviews that are immediately clinically relevant and then summarizes these articles in an enhanced abstract with expert commentary.Multidisciplinary coverage of over 10,000 high-impact journals in the sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities, as well as international proceedings coverage for over 120,000 conferences. Includes cited reference searching, citation maps, and an analyze tool.Features systematic reviews that summarize the effects of interventions and makes a determination whether the intervention is efficacious or not. Cochrane reviews are created through a strict process of compiling and analyzing data from multiple randomized control trials to ensure comprehensiveness and reliability.Provides systematic coverage of the psychological literature from the 1800s to the present through articles, book chapters and dissertations.BMJ Clinical Evidence. A clinical information tool built around systematic reviews summarizing the current state of knowledge about prevention and treatment of clinical conditions.PIER (Physicians' Information and Education Resource) is a Web-based decision-support tool designed for rapid point-of-care delivery of up-to-date, evidence-based guidance for primary care physicians.Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials (CENTRAL) provides access to 300,000 controlled trials that have been identified the Cochrane Collaboration.Provides drug information targeted for patients.A continually updating drug monograph.The National Guideline Clearinghouse (NGC): A comprehensive database of evidence-based clinical practice guidelines and related documents.MedlinePlus: A repository of health information from the National Library of Medicine. Links are from trusted sites. No advertising, no endorsement of commercial companies or productsLPCH CareNotes via MicroMedex: Patient education handouts customized by LPCH clinical staffMicromedex Lab Advisor: Evidence based laboratory test informationA drug database organized by generic name, trade name and drug class.LPCH / Stanford Hospital Formulary.A goldmine of trusted consumer health information from the world's largest medical library.A trusted source of expert advice for and about kids, providing the information necessary to help patients and parents understand their unique needs.Provides patient handouts from the American Academy of Family Physician.Access to the Stanford Health Library for patients.Lane provides access to over 5,000 eBooks many of which provide helpful background material that will prepare you to better tackle primary literature.Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.A collection of biomedical books that can be searched directly by concept, and linked to terms in PubMed abstracts.A web-based, decision support system for infectious diseases, epidemiology, microbiology and antimicrobial chemotherapy. The database, updated weekly, currently includes 337 diseases, 224 countries, 1,147 microbial taxa and 306 antibacterial (-fungal, -parasitic, -viral) agents and vaccines. Over 10,000 notes outline the status of specific infections within each country.
Large number of high quality software and database programming titles from O'Reilly. Other software titles are also available from Sams and Prentice Hall. Limited to 7 concurrent users.Vast collection of software and database programming titles from multiple publishers, including Microsoft Press.Largest provider of engineering-related eBooks; includes titles in computer science and biomedical engineering.Over 4,000 full-text e-books covering scientific and technical information from CRC Press and others. Many handbooks and single volume reference sources.Includes peer-reviewed life science and biomedical research protocols compiled from Methods in Molecular Biology, Methods in Molecular Medicine, Methods in Biotechnology, Methods in Pharmacology and Toxicology, Neuromethods, the Biomethods Handbook, the Proteomics Handbook, and Springer Laboratory Manuals.Contains full text access to selected biomedical and nursing books.Provides online, full-text access to Springer's journal titles as well as journals from other publishers. Subjects include: life sciences, chemical sciences, environmental sciences, geosciences, computer science, mathematics, medicine, physics and astronomy, engineering and economics. Also includes eBooks.Collection of over 8 thousand fulltext titles in engineering, math, and basic and applied biomedical research. Coverage is from 1967 to the present.A library of ebooks on a wide array of topics, digitized and made available online in conjunction with the original publishers.