Books by Subject
- ABCs of gene cloning. 2nd ed. ..........
- — Gene therapy protocols. 3rd ed. ........
- Gene transfer vectors for clinical ap...
- — Molecular diagnostics-- promises and ...
- Molecular diagnostics. 2nd ed. .........
- — Single molecule tools. Part A, Fluore...
- Single molecule tools. Part B, Super-...
- — Yeast protocols. 2nd ed. ...............
- Molecular diagnostics. 2nd ed. 2010, ScienceDirectChapter 1. Molecular Diagnostics: Past, Present, and Future / George P. Patrinos, Wilhelm J. Ansorge -- Chapter 2 . Allele-Specific Mutation Detection / Aglaia Athanassiadou, Eleana F. Stavrou, Adamandia Papachatzopoulou, George P. Patrinos -- Chapter 3. Enzymatic and Chemical Cleavage Methods to Identify Genetic Variation / Chinh T. Bui, Emmanuelle Nicolas, Georgina Sallmann, Maria Chiotis, Andreana Lambrinakos, Kylee Rees, Ian Trounce, Richard G.H. Cotton, Lauryn Blakesley, Andrew K. Godwin, Anthony T. Yeung -- Chapter 4. Mutation Detection by Single Strand Conformation Polymorphism and Heteroduplex Analysis / Panayiotis G. Menounos, George P. Patrinos -- Chapter 5. Capillary Electrophoresis / Anja Bosserhoff, Claus Hellerbrand -- Chapter 6. Temperature and Denaturing Gradient Gel Electrophoresis / Hartmut Peters, Peter N. Robinson -- Chapter 7. Real-Time Polymerase Chain Reaction / Lut Overbergh, Anna-Paula Giulietti, Dirk Valckx, Chantal Mathieu -- Chapter 8 - Pyrosequencing / Sharon Marsh -- Chapter 9. Application of Padlock and Selector Probes in Molecular Medicine / Mats Nilsson, Chatarina Larsson, Johan Stenberg, Jenny Göransson, Ida Grundberg, Magnus Isaksson, Tim Conze, Sara Henriksson -- Chapter 10. Molecular Cytogenetics in Molecular Diagnostics / Holger Tönnies -- Chapter 11. Analysis of Human Splicing Defects Using Hybrid Minigenes / Franco Pagani, Francisco E. Baralle -- Chapter 12. Detection of Genomic Duplications and Deletions / Graham R. Taylor, Carol A. Delaney -- Chapter 13. Multiplex Ligation-Dependent Probe Amplification (MLPA) and Methylation-Specific (MS)-MLPA: Multiplex Detection of DNA/mRNA Copy Number and Methylation Changes / Eline M. Sepers, Jan P. Schouten -- Chapter 14. Molecular Techniques for DNA Methylation Studies / Jörg Tost, Ivo G. Gut -- Chapter 15. High-Resolution Melting Curve Analysis for Molecular Diagnostics / Jared S. Farrar, Gudrun H. Reed, Carl T. Wittwer -- Chapter 16. DNA Microarrays and Genetic Testing / Lars Dyrskjøt, Karina Dalsgaard-Sørensen, Marie Stampe-Ostenfeld, Karin Birkenkamp-Demtroder, Kasper Thorsen, Claus L. Andersen, Mogens Kruhøffer, Jens L. Jensen, Torben F. Ørntoft -- Chapter 17. Arrayed Primer Extension Microarrays for Molecular Diagnostics / Neeme Tonisson, Eneli Oitmaa, Kaarel Krjutskov, Janne Pullat, Ilona Lind, Merike Leego, Ants Kurg, Andres Metspalu -- Chapter 18. Application of Proteomics to Disease Diagnostics / Samir Hanash, Ji Qiu, Vitor Faca -- Chapter 19. RNA-Based Variant Detection: The Protein Truncation Test / Johan T. den Dunnen -- Chapter 20. Protein Diagnostics by Proximity Ligation: Combining Multiple Recognition and DNA Amplification for Improved Protein Analyses / Karl-Johan Leuchowius, Ola Söderberg, Masood Kamali-Moghaddam, Malin Jarvius, Irene Weibrecht, Katerina Pardali, Ulf Landegren --Chapter 21. Mass Spectrometry and its Applications to Functional Proteomics / Thomas Köcher, Giulio Superti-Furga -- Chapter 22. Pharmacogenetics and Pharmacogenomics: Impact on Drug Discovery and Clinical Care / Minoli Perera, Federico Innocenti -- Chapter 23. Nutrigenomics: Integrating Genomic Approaches into Nutrition Research / Lynette R. Ferguson, Martin Philpott, Matthew P.G. Barnett -- Chapter 24. Novel Next-Generation DNA Sequencing Techniques for Ultra High-Throughput Applications in Bio-Medicine / Wilhelm J. Ansorge -- Chapter 25. Locus-Specific and National/Ethnic Mutation Databases: Emerging Tools for Molecular Diagnostics / George P. Patrinos -- Chapter 26. Molecular Diagnostic Applications in Forensic Science / Bruce Budowle, John V. Planz, Rowan Campbell, Arthur J. Eisenberg -- Chapter 27. Mass Disaster Victim Identification Assisted by DNA Typing / Daniel Corach -- Chapter 28. Detection of Highly Pathogenic Viral Agents: Implications for Therapeutics, Vaccines and Biodefense / Kylene Kehn-Hall, Sina Bavari -- Chapter 29. Identification of Genetically Modified Organisms / Farid E. Ahmed -- Chapter 30. Molecular Diagnostics and Comparative Genomics in Clinical Microbiology / Alex van Belkum -- Chapter 31. Genetic Monitoring of Laboratory Rodents / Jean-Louis Guénet, Fernando J. Benavides -- Chapter 32. Safety Analysis in Retroviral Gene Therapy: Identifying Virus Integration Sites in Gene-Modified Cells / Stephanie Laufs, Luisa Schubert, Patrick Maier, W. Jens Zeller, Stefan Fruehauf -- Chapter 33. Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis / Martine de Rycke, Karen Sermon -- Chapter 34. Automated DNA Hybridization and Detection / Bert Gold -- Chapter 35. The Use of Microelectronic-Based Techniques in Molecular Diagnostic Assays / Piotr Grodzinski, Michael Ward, Robin Liu, Kathryn Scott, Saul Surrey, Paolo Fortina -- Chapter 36. Human Gene Patents and Genetic Testing / Timothy Caulfield, Yann Joly -- Chapter 37. Genetic Counseling and Ethics in Molecular Diagnostics / Mary Petrou -- Chapter 38. Genetic Testing and Psychology / Andrea Farkas Patenaude -- Chapter 39. General Considerations Concerning Safety in Biomedical Research Laboratories / William E. Grizzle, Walter C. Bell, Jerry Fredenburgh -- Chapter 40. Quality Management in the Laboratory / David Burnett.
- Molecular endocrinology. 3rd ed. 2004, ScienceDirectClassical endocrinology --Nonclassical endocrinology --Overview of receptors and transducers --Kinetics --Nuclear receptors --Membrane receptors --Receptor regulation --G proteins and cyclic nucleotides --Calcium, calmodulin, and phospholipids --Miscellaneous second messengers --Phosphorylation and other nontranscriptional effects of hormones --Hormonally regulated transcription factors --Modifications and conformations of DNA and nuclear proteins --Posttranscriptional control --Pathogen-endocrine system interactions --Molecular bases of endocrinopathies --Molecular evolution of the endocrine system.
- Molecular genetic pathology. 2nd ed. 2013, SpringerMolecular Genetic Pathology, Second Edition presents up-to-date material containing fundamental information relevant to the clinical practice of molecular genetic pathology. Fully updated in each area and expanded to include identification of new infectious agents (H1N1), new diagnostic biomarkers and biomarkers for targeted cancer therapy. This edition is also expanded to include the many new technologies that have become available in the past few years such as microarray (AmpliChip) and high throughput deep sequencing, which will certainly change the clinical practice of molecular genetic pathology. Part I examines the clinical aspects of molecular biology and technology, genomics. Poharmacogenomics and proteomics, while Part II covers the clinically relevant information of medical genetics, hematology, transfusion medicine, oncology, and forensic pathology. Supplemented with many useful figures and presented in a helpful bullet-point format, Molecular Genetic Pathology, Second Edition provides a unique reference for practicing pathologists, oncologists, internists, and medical genetisists. Furthermore, a book with concise overview of the field and highlights of clinical applications will certainly help those trainees, including pathology residents, genetics residents, molecular pathology fellows, internists, hematology/oncology fellows, and medical technologists in preparing for their board examination/certification.
- Molecular genetics of mammalian cells 1987, ScienceDirect
- Molecular genetics of recombination 2007, Springer
- Molecular imaging 2004, Springer
- Molecular imaging and contrast agent database NCBI BookshelfThis searchable database is a collection of in vivo molecular imaging agents developed for positron emission tomography (PET), single photon emission computed tomography (SPECT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasound (US), computed tomography (CT), and optical imaging. MICAD, a key component of the "Molecular Libraries and Imaging" program of the NIH Roadmap, is being developed by NCBI, the National Center for Biotechnology Information".
- Molecular immunology of complex carbohydrates-3 2011, SpringerPart 1. Introduction to Glyco-Experiences -- Serendipity in Scientific Discoveries: Some Examples in Glycosciences / Yuan-Chuan Lee -- My 30-Year Devotion to the N-Linked Oligosaccharide Structures / Noriko Takahashi -- Part 2. Blood Group ABH/Le-related Antigens -- Human Blood Group ABH/Ii, Lea,b,x,y, and Sialyl Lea,x Glycotopes; Internal Structures; and Immunochemical Roles of Human Ovarian Cyst Glycoproteins / Albert M. Wu -- Lewis Glyco-Epitopes: Structure, Biosynthesis, and Functions / Hui-Li Chen -- A Unique Endo-β-Galactosidase that Cleaves Both Blood Group A and B Glycotopes / Su-Chen Li, Kimberly M. Anderson and Yu-Teh Li -- Part 3. Lectins -- Recognition Roles of Mammalian Structural Units and Polyvalency in Lectin-Glycan Interactions / Albert M. Wu, Jia-Haw Liu, Tanuja Singh and Zhangung Yang -- Adhesion/Growth-Regulatory Galectins: Insights into Their Ligand Selectivity Using Natural Glycoproteins and Glycotopes / Albert M. Wu, Tanuja Singh, Jia-Hau Liu, Sabine André and Martin Lensch, et al. -- Glycotope Structures and Intramolecular Affinity Factors of Plant Lectins for Tn/T Antigens / Pierre Rougé, Willy J. Peumans, Els J. M. Van Damme, Annick Barre and Tanuja Singh, et al. -- The Five Bacterial Lectins (PA-IL, PA-IIL, RSL, RS-IIL, and CV-IIL): Interactions with Diverse Animal Cells and Glycoproteins / Nechama Gilboa-Garber, Keren D. Zinger-Yosovich, Dvora Sudakevitz, Batya Lerrer and Anne Imberty, et al. -- On the Differential Sialic Acid Specificity of Lectins from Different Parts of Saraca indica / Bishnu P. Chatterjee and Mainak Majumder -- Regulation of Lectin Production by the Human Pathogens Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Chromobacterium violaceum: Effects of Choline, Trehalose, and Ethanol / Nachman C. Garber, Keren D. Zinger-Yosovich, Dvora Sudakevitz, Itschak Axelrad and Nechama Gilboa-Garber -- Non-carbohydrate-Mediated Interaction of Lectins with Plant Proteins / Jared Q. Gerlach, Michelle Kilcoyne, Seron Eaton, Veer Bhavanandan and Lokesh Joshi -- Novel Concepts About the Role of Lectins in the Plant Cell / Els J. M. Van Dammes, Elke Fouquaert, Nausicaä Lannoo, Gianni Vandenborre and Dieter Schouppe, et al. --Part 4. Structures and Functions of Glycolipids -- Role of Gangliosides and Plasma Membrane-Associated Sialidase in the Process of Cell Membrane Organization / Sandro Sonnino, Vanna Chigorno, Massimo Aureli, Anie Priscilla Masilamani and Manuela Valsecchi, et al. -- 9-O-Acetyl GD3 in Lymphoid and Erythroid Cells / Kankana Mukherjee, Suchandra Chowdhury, Susmita Mondal, Chandan Mandal and Sarmila Chandra, et al. -- GM3 Upregulation of Matrix Metalloproteinase-9 Possibly Through PI3K, AKT, RICTOR, RHOGDI-2, and TNF-A Pathways in Mouse Melanoma B16 Cells / Pu Wang, Xiaodong Wang, Peixing Wu, Jinghai Zhang and Toshinori Sato, et al. -- Pathological Roles of Ganglioside Mimicry in Guillain-Barré Syndrome and Related Neuropathies / Robert K. Yu, Toshio Ariga, Seigo Usuki and Ken-ichi Kaida -- Structure and Function of Glycolipids in Thermophilic Bacteria / Feng-Ling Yang, Yu-Liang Yang and Shih-Hsiung Wu -- Lipooligosaccharides of Neisseria Species: Similarity Between N. polysaccharea and N. meningitidis LOSs / Chao-Ming Tsai -- Part 5. Structures and Functions of Complex Carbohydrates -- Roles for N- and O-Glycans in Early Mouse Development / Suzannah A. Williams and Pamela Stanley -- Glycobiology in the Field of Gerontology (Glycogerontology) / Akira Kobata -- Galectins in Regulation of Apoptosis / Fu-Tong Liu, Ri-Yao Yang, Jun Saegusa, Huan-Yuan Chen and Daniel K. Hsu -- Avian and Human Influenza Virus Receptors and Their Distribution / Yasuo Suzuki -- Importance of a Factor VIIIc-Like Glycoprotein Expressed in Capillary Endothelial Cells (eFactor VIIIc) in Angiogenesis / Dipak K. Banerjee, Caroline M. Oliveira, José J. Tavárez, Viswa N. Katiyar and Subiman Saha, et al. -- Mucin O-Glycan Branching Enzymes: Structure, Function, and Gene Regulation / Pi-Wan Cheng and Prakash Radhakrishnan -- Studying Carbohydrate Self-Recognition in Marine Sponges Using Synthetic Aggregation Factor Epitopes / Johannis P. Kamerling and Adriana Carvalho de Souza -- Docking of Chitin Oligomers and Nod Factors on Lectin Domains of the LysM-RLK Receptors in the Medicago-Rhizobium Symbiosis / Pierre Rougé, Wim Nerinckx, Clare Gough, Jean-Jacques Bono and Annick Barre -- Part 6. Glycoimmunology -- O-Acetylated Sialic Acids and Their Role in Immune Defense / Roland Schauer, G. Vinayaga Srinivasan, Dirk Wipfler, Bernhard Kniep and Reinhard Schwartz-Albiez -- Sialylated and Sulfated Carbohydrate Ligands for Selectins and Siglecs: Involvement in Traffic and Homing of Human Memory T and B Lymphocytes / Reiji Kannagi, Katsuyuki Ohmori, Guo-Yun Chen, Keiko Miyazaki and Mineko Izawa, et al. -- Diversity of Natural Anti-α-Galactosyl Antibodies in Human Serum / Elwira Lisowska and Maria Duk -- Significance of Serum Glycoprotein Profiles in Spontaneous Tolerance After Liver Allograft Transplantation / Pei-Weng Wang and Tai-Long Pan -- Part 7. Glycobiology of Cancer -- Hematogenous Metastasis: Roles of CD44v and Alternative Sialofucosylated Selectin Ligands / Konstantinos Konstantopoulos and Susan N. Thomas -- Regulation of Glycosyltransferase Genes in Apoptotic Breast Cancer Cells Induced by l-PPMP and Cisplatin / Rui Ma, Elizabeth A. Hopp, N. Matthew Decker, Audrey Loucks and James R. Johnson, et al. -- Aberrant Glycosphingolipid Expression and Membrane Organization in Tumor Cells: Consequences on Tumor-Host Interactions / Alessandro Prinetti, Simona Prioni, Nicoletta Loberto, Massimo Aureli and Valentina Nocco, et al. -- Human KDN (Deaminated Neuraminic Acid) and Its Elevated Expression in Cancer Cells: Mechanism and Significance / Sadako Inoue, Ken Kitajima, Chihiro Sato and Shinji Go -- Polysialic Acid Bioengineering of Cancer and Neuronal Cells by N-Acyl Sialic Acid Precursor Treatment / Robert A. Pon, Wei Zou and Harold J. Jennings -- Part 8. Glyco Applications -- Synthesis of Hemagglutinin-Binding Trisaccharides / Cheng-Chung Wang, Suvarn S. Kulkarni, Medel Manuel L. Zulueta and Shang-Cheng Hung -- Fabrication and Applications of Glyconanomaterials / Po-Chiao Lin, Avijit Kumar Adak and Chun-Cheng Lin -- Glycan Arrays to Decipher the Specificity of Plant Lectins / Els J. M. Van Damme, David F. Smith, Richard Cummings and Willy J. Peumans -- Targeting C-Type Lectin for the Treatment of Flavivirus Infections / Szu-Ting Chen, Yi-Ling Lin, Ming-Ting Huang, Ming-Fang Wu and Shie-Liang Hsieh.
- Molecular markers of brain tumor cells 2004, Springer1. Brain tumors -- 2. Immunophenotypic characterizaton of infiltrating poly- and mononuclear cells in childhood brain tumors -- 3. Experimental therapies in brain tumors -- 4. Biologic anti-neoplastic therapies -- 5. The lymphokine activated killer (LAK) cell phenomenon -- 6. Angiogenesis inhibition in anti-neoplastic therapy -- 7. Antigen presentation by dendritic cells and their significance in anti-neoplastic immunotherapy -- 8. Genetically engineered antibodies for direct anti-neoplastic treatment and systematic delivery of various therapeutic agents to cancer cells -- 9. Cancer-testis antigens: promising targets for antigen directed anti-neoplastic immunotherapy -- 10. Materials and methods -- 11. Index.
- Molecular mechanisms of adult stem cell aging 2010, KargerSpeakers at the Symposium / Hartmann, D. -- Hematopoietic stem cell aging and fate decision / Illing, A., Ju, Z. -- Alterations of systemic environment impair stem cell function during aging / Song, Z., Ju, Z. -- Novel insights into regulation of stem cell aging by aging of the niche and alterations in systemic factors / Geiger, H. -- Aging and hematopoietic malignancies / Gompf, A. -- Intestinal stem cell aging / Sperka, T., Rudolph, K.L. -- Molecular mechanisms of aging in muscle stem cells / Tümpel, S. -- Free radicals and stem cell aging / Guachalla, L.M. -- DNA damage, checkpoint responses, and cell cycle control in aging stem cells / Sperka, T., Nalapareddy, K., Rudolph, K.L.
- Molecular mechanisms of cancer 2007, SpringerTheories of carcinogenesis -- Physioloigic correlates of malignancy -- Cell division and survival -- Cellular senescence -- Invasiveness -- DNA repair -- Epigenetic regulation of cancer-associated gene products -- Interaction of the groups of cancer-related gene products -- Structural growth control -- The organ preference of metastasis formation -- Angiogenesis -- Interactions with the immune system -- Endocrine dysregulation -- Dormancy and minimal residual disease -- Epithelial tumors -- Hematologic malignancies -- Mesenchymal tumors -- Neurologic tumors -- Tumors of serous cavities -- Embryonic tumors.
- Molecular medical microbiology 2002, ScienceDirect
- Molecular medical parasitology 2003, ScienceDirectSect. I. Molecular Biology -- Ch. 1. Parasite genomics -- Ch. 2. RNA processing in parasitic organisms: trans-splicing and RNA editing -- Ch. 3. Transcription -- Ch. 4. Post-transcriptional regulation -- Ch. 5. Antigenic variation in African trypanosomes and malaria -- Ch. 6. Genetic and genomic approaches to the analysis of leishmania virulence -- Sect. II. Biochemistry and Cell Biology: Protozoa -- Ch. 7. Energy metabolism -- Ch. 8. Amino acid and protein metabolism -- Ch. 9. Purine and pyrimidine transport and metabolism -- Ch. 10. Trypanosomatid surface and secreted carbohydrates -- Ch. 11. Intracellular signaling -- Ch. 12. Plastids, mitochondria, and hydrogenosomes -- Sect. III. Biochemistry and Cell Biology: Helminths -- Ch. 13. Helminth surfaces: structural, molecular and functional properties -- Ch. 14. Carbohydrate and energy metabolism in parasitic helminths -- Ch. 15. Neurotransmitters -- Sect. IV. Medical Applications -- Ch. 16. Drug resistance in parasites -- Ch. 17. Medical implications of molecular parasitology.
- Molecular medicine 2005, ScienceDirectHistory of molecular medicine -- DNA, RNA, genes and chromosomes -- Mendelian genetic traits -- Complex genetic traits -- Genomics, proteomics, and bioinformatics -- Genetic and cellular therapies -- Reproduction and development -- Infectious diseases -- Forensic medicine and science -- Ethical, legal, and social issues.
- Molecular medicine 2005, MyiLibraryHistory of molecular medicine -- DNA, RNA, genes and chromosomes -- Mendelian genetic traits -- Complex genetic traits -- Genomics, proteomics, and bioinformatics -- Genetic and cellular therapies -- Reproduction and development -- Infectious diseases -- Forensic medicine and science -- Ethical, legal, and social issues.
- Molecular medicine. 4th ed. 2012, ScienceDirect
- Molecular modeling and simulation. [Repr. with corrections] 2006, MyiLibrary
- Molecular paradigms of infectious disease 2006, SpringerGenetic analysis of bacterial pathogenesis -- Genetic exchance in bacteria and the modular stucture of mobile DNA elements -- Genomics and the use of genomic tools to study pathogenic bacteria -- Pathogenicity islands and bacterial virulence -- Capsules -- Bacterial cell walls -- Mechanisms of bacterial adhesion and consequences of attachment -- Bacterial invasion into non-phagocytic cells -- Bacterial protein secretion mechanisms -- Toxins as host cell modulators -- Quorum sensing: coordinating group behavior through intercellular signals -- The role of sigma factors in regulating bacterial stress responses and pathogenesis -- Two-component regulatory systems -- Oxidative stress systems in bacteria: four model organisms -- Bacterial biowarfare agents.
- Molecular pathology in clinical practice 2007, SpringerBasics of molecular biology -- Molecular pathology methods -- Genetic counseling -- Pedigree analysis and risk assessment -- Bayesian analysis -- Developmental disabilities -- Neuromuscular diseases -- Molecular genetic testing for metabolic disorders -- Fibroblast growth factor receptor-related skeletal disorders -- Cystic fibrosis -- Deafness -- Coagulation disorders -- Hematologic disorders : hemochromatosis, hemoglobinopathies, and Rh incompatibility --Cardiovascular disease -- Neurodegenerative disorders -- Skin and connective tissue disorders -- Inherited breast cancer -- Familial adenomatous polyposis and Turcot and Peutz-Jeghers syndromes -- Hereditary nonpolyposis colorectal cancer -- Multiple endocrine neoplasia syndromes -- The neurofibromatoses -- TP53 mutation and Li-Fraumeni syndrome -- von Hippel-Lindau disease -- Breast cancer -- Urothelial carcinoma -- Sarcomas -- Gliomas --Molecular detection of occult tumor cells -- Microarray studies (Beyond histology) -- Acute myeloid leukemia -- Acute lymphoblastic leukemia -- B-cell lymphomas -- T-cell lymphomas -- Lymphoproliferations of immunodeficiency -- Myeloproliferative disorders and myelodysplastic syndromes -- Human immunodeficiency virus type 1 -- Hepatitis B and C viruses -- Viral infections in transplant patients -- Viral infections of the central nervous system --Sexually transmitted diseases -- Respiratory pathogens -- Bacterial pathogens -- Mycobacterial infections -- Forensic DNA typing -- Parentage and relationship testing -- Assessment of chimerism in the setting of allogenic hematopoietic cell transplantation -- Specimen identification through DNA analysis -- Molecular HLA typing -- Molecular pathology laboratory management -- From research to clinical practice.
- Molecular pharmacognosy 2013, Springer"This book reviews the latest developments in pharmacognosy, introduces a series of new views and insights, presents the hotspots and focus of the field of study on molecular pharmacognosy, and predicts a new direction of study on the resource science of TCM. Furthermore, the book also provides an open communications platform for the development of molecular pharmacognosy."--Publisher.
- Molecular tools and infectious disease epidemiology 2011, ScienceDirectThe application of modern molecular genetic and biologic techniques to infectious disease epidemiology dramatically improves measurement of disease and putative risk factors increasing our ability to detect and track outbreaks, identify risk factors and detect new infectious agents. However, integration of these techniques into epidemiologic studies also poses new challenges in the design, conduct, and analysis. We examine these opportunities and methodologic challenges giving specific examples. The book will be written for the reader with limited understanding of genetics, biology and epidemiology. *Presents the key points of consideration when integrating molecular biology and epidemiology *Discusses how using molecular tools in epidemiologic research affects program design and conduct *Considers the ethical concerns that arise in molecular epidemiologic studies *Provides a context for understanding and interpreting scientific literature as a foundation for subsequent practical experience in the laboratory and in the field.
- Molecular toxicology 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Molecular typing in bacterial infections 2013, Springer
- Nanostructures and nanoconstructions based on DNA 2012, CRCnetBASE"Written for chemists, physicists, molecular biologists, and students in related fields, this reference covers information presently available on the specific properties of metallic nanoparticles, and compares their properties with those related to nanoobjects formed by biological molecules. It also discloses details of formation and physic-chemical peculiarities of the DNA nanostructures and DNA-based nanoconstructions. Timely in publication, the reference contains more DNA physics and molecular biology than other published titles. Authors discuss how nucleic acid molecules and their complexes with chemical and biologically active compounds are of great interest in the development of various nanoscale systems and devices of practical importance"--Provided by publisher.
- Neurofibromatosis type 1 2012, SpringerNeurofibromatosis type 1 (NF1), caused by mutational inactivation of the NF1 tumour suppressor gene, is one of the most common dominantly inherited human disorders, affecting 1 in 3000 individuals worldwide. This book presents in concise fashion, but as comprehensively as possible, our current state of knowledge on the molecular genetics, molecular biology and cellular biology of this tumour predisposition syndrome. Written by internationally recognized experts in the field, the 44 chapters that constitute this edited volume provide the reader with a broad overview of the clinical features of the disease, the structure and expression of the NF1 gene, its germ line and somatic mutational spectra and genotype-phenotype relationships, the structure and function of its protein product (neurofibromin), NF1 modifying loci, the molecular pathology of NF1-associated tumours, animal models of the disease, psycho-social aspects and future prospects for therapeutic treatment.Neurofibromatosis Type 1: Molecular and Cellular Biology will be of great value to medical geneticists, molecular and cellular biologists, oncologists, dermatologists, neurologists, genetic counsellors and general practitioners alike.
- Methods and tools in molecular epidemiology -- Molecular typing of bacterial pathogens: a tool for the epidemiological study and control of infectious diseases -- Contribution of population genetics -- Molecular epidemiology and evolutionary genetics of infectious diseases -- Population genetics and molecular epidemiology of infectious diseases -- Contribution of population and evolutionary epidemiology -- Modelling the dynamics of host-parasite interactions: basic principles -- Evolution of virulence: intuitions and models -- Case studies -- Molecular epidemiology of tuberculosis -- Pneumocystis molecular phylogeny: a way to understand both pneumocystosis natural histry and host taxonomy -- Hantavirus genetic diversity -- New integrations -- Nasal carriage of methicillin-resistant coagulase-negative staphylocococci: a reservoir of mecA gene for Staphylococcus aureus -- Molecular knowledge of mechanisms of helminth resistance: importance for diagnostic and epidemiology -- Molecular epidemiology of disease resistance genes with perspectives for researches on biological invasions and hybrid zones -- How does biodiversity influence the ecology of infectious disease? -- Epidemiological interaction at the wildlife/livestock/human interface: can we anticipate emerging infectious diseases in their hotspots? A framework for understanding emerging diseases processes in their hot spots.
- Nitric oxide 2011, Springer ProtocolsNitric oxide physiology and pathology / David G. Hirst and Tracy Robson -- Ionizing radiation-induced DNA strand breaks and [gamma]-H2AX foci in cells exposed to nitric oxide / Kai Rothkamm and Susanne Burdak-Rothkamm -- Determination of S-nitrosothiols in biological fluids by chemiluminescence / Enika Nagababu and Joseph M. Rifkind -- Measurement of nitrite in blood samples using the ferricyanide-based hemoglobin oxidation assay / Barbora Piknova and Alan N. Schechter -- Selective fluorescent activation for bioimaging the expression of nitric oxide in cellular and in vivo systems / Junfeng Zhang and Hao Hong -- Real-time measurement of murine hippocampus NO levels in response to cerebral ischemia/reperfusion / Xiaoxiang Zheng, Kezhou Liu, and Yong Yang -- Detection of low levels of nitric oxide using an electrochemical sensor / Yong Chool Boo ... [et al.] -- Determination of the scavenging capacity against reactive nitrogen species by automatic flow injection-based methodologies / Marcela A. Segundo ... [et al.] -- Aqueous measurement of nitric oxide using membrane inlet mass spectrometry / David N. Silverman and Chingkuang Tu -- Quantum cascade laser technology for the ultrasensitive detection of low-level nitric oxide / Angela Elia ... [et al.] -- Determination of in vivo nitric oxide levels in animal tissues using a novel spin trapping technology / Anatoly F. Vanin and Alexander A. Timoshin -- [Beta] cell protection by inhibition of iNOS through lentiviral vector-based strategies / Sean O. Hynes, Cillian McCabe, and Timothy O'Brien -- Characterization of nitric oxide delivery systems produced by various nanotechnologies / Chi H. Lee -- Nitric oxide releasing nanoparticle synthesis and characterization / George Han, Adam J. Friedman, and Joel M. Friedman -- NOS antagonism using viral vectors as an experimental strategy : implications for in vivo studies of cardiovascular control and peripheral neuropathies / Beihui Liu ... [et al.]
- Nitric oxide protocols. 2nd ed. 2004, Springer ProtocolsMeasurement of nitric oxide by reconversion of nitrate/nitrite to NO / Reinhard Berkels, Svenja Purol-Schnabel, and Renate Roesen -- High-resolution capillary electrophoresis of nitrite and nitrate in biological samples / Dmitri Y. Boudko -- Nitrite and nitrate measurements in human urine by capillary electrophoresis / Edward Morcos and N. Peter Wiklund -- In vivo nitric oxide measurements using a microaxial electrode / Yoshiichiro Kitamura ... [et al.] -- Measurement of exhaled nitric oxide / Peter A. Steerenberg and Jan G.C. van Amsterdam -- Nitric oxide imaging in neurons using confocal microscopy / Xiaoxiang Zheng ... [et al.] -- Measurement of nitric oxide synthase activity in vivo and in vitro by gas chromatography-mass spectrometry / Dimitrios Tsikas -- A nonradioactive assay for nitric oxide synthase activity in tissue extracts / Hazel Sutherland ... [et al.] -- Measurement of nitric oxide-related enzymes in the brain by in situ hybridization / Olivier Braissant -- Real-time polymerase chain reaction to quantify mRNA for endothelial nitric oxide synthase / Yi Chu and Frank M. Faraci --Dioxygen-dependent metabolism of nitric oxide / Paul R. Gardner, Anne M. Gardner, and Craig K. Hallstrom -- Proteomic method for identification of tyrosine-nitrated proteins / Kulwant S. Aulak ... [et al.] -- Immunohistochemical detection of S-nitrosylated proteins / Andrew J. Gow ... [et al.] -- Gene therapy techniques for the delivery of endothelial nitric oxide synthase to the corpora cavernosa for erectile dysfunction / Trinity J. Bivalacqua ... [et al.] -- Adenovirus-mediated nitric oxide synthase gene transfer into the nucleus tractus solitarius in conscious rats / Yoshitaka Hirooka and Koji Sakai -- Gene therapy in cancer via use of a retrovector having a tumor specificity and expressing inducible nitric oxide synthase / Masahide Kuroki -- Gene transfer of nitric oxide synthase via the use of adeno-associated virus vectors / Yoshikazu Maeda, Kazuyuki Shimada, and Uichi Ikeda -- Adenovirus-mediated nitric oxide synthase gene transfer / Kathleen G. Raman ... [et al.].
- NMR spectroscopy of biological solids 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Normal mode analysis 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Nuclear dynamics 2007, Springer
- Nuclear organization and function 2010, Cold Spring Harb Lab PressChromatin modifications and gene expressions -- Transcription and beyond -- DNA replication and genome integrity -- Reprogramming and differentiation -- Heterochromatin formation and gene silencing -- Nuclear bodies and RNA biology -- Chromosome structure and mitosis -- Chromatin structure and organization -- Nuclear periphery.
- Nucleic acids research Database issue 2004, PMC
- Oligonucleotide synthesis 2004, Springer ProtocolsSynthesis of DNA using a new two-step cycle / Douglas J. Dellinger ... [et al.] -- RNA synthesis using 2'-O-(tert-butyldimethylsilyl) protection / Brian S. Sproat -- RNA oligonucleotide synthesis via 5'-silyl-2'-orthoester chemistry / Stephanie A. Hartsel... [et al.] -- Dimethylthiarum disulfide: new sulfur transfer reagent in phosphorothioates oligonucleotide synthesis -- Zhiwei Wang, Quanlai Song, and Yogesh H. Sanghvi -- Assay for evaluating ribonuclease H-mediated degradation of RNA-antisense oligonucleotide duplexes / Annie Galarneau ... [et al.] -- Di- and oligonucleotide synthesis using H-phosphonate chemistry / Jacek Stawinski and Roger Strömberg -- Solid-phase synthesis of circular oligonucleotides / Enrique Pedroso ... [et al.] -- Locked nucleic acid synthesis / Henrik M. Pfundheller ... [et al.] -- Synthesis of DNA mimics representing HypNA-pPNA hetero-oligomers / Vladimir A. Efimov and Oksana G. Chakhmakhcheva -- Base-modified oligonucleotides with increased duplex stability: pyrazolo[3,4-d] pyrimidines replacing purines / Frank Seela ... [et al.] --Introduction of hypermodified nucleotides in RNA / Darrell R. Davis and Ashok C. Bajji -- Chemical methods for peptide-oligonucleotide conjugate synthesis / Dmitry A. Stetsenko and Michael J. Gait -- Biotin labeled oligonucleotides with extraordinarily long tethering arms / A. Michael Morocho ... [et al.] -- Universal labeling chemistry for nucleic acid detection on DNA chips / Ali Laayoun ... [et al.] -- Postsynthetic functionalization of triple helix-forming oligonucleotides / Alexandre S. Boutorine and Jian-Sheng Sun -- Fluorescence-based on-line detection as an analytical tool in RNA electrophoresis / Ute Scheffer and Michael Göbel -- Design and optimization of molecular beacon real-time polymerase chain reaction assays / Jacqueline A. M. Vet and Salvatore A. E. Marras -- High-thoughput production of optimized primers (fimers) for whole-genome direct sequencing / Nikolai Polushin ... [et al.] -- Nonenzymatic template directed RNA synthesis / Marcus Hey and Michael Göbel -- DNAse I footprinting of small molecule binding sites on DNA / Christian Bailly ... [et al.] --Gene targeting using peptide nucleic acid / Peter E. Nielsen -- Nucleic acid library construction using synthetic DNA constructs / Hani S. Zaher and Peter J. Unrau -- In vitro selection from combinatorial nucleic acid libraries / Andres Jäschke -- In vitro selection procedures for identifying DNA and RNA aptamers targeted to nucleic acids and proteins / Eric Dausse ... [et al.] -- Short double-stranded ribonucleic acid as inhibitor of gene expression by the interference mechanism / Jean-Rémi Bertrand, Andrei Maksimenko, and Claude Malvy.
- Omega-3 fatty acids and the DHA principle 2010, CRCnetBASECh. 1. Molecular biology of Omega-3 chains as structural lipids : many central questions remain unanswered -- Ch. 2. Darwinian selection of the fittest membrane lipids : from archaeal isoprenoids to DHA-enriched rhodopsin disks -- Ch. 3. Coevolution of DHA membranes and their proteins -- Ch. 4. Convergent evolution of DHA/EPA biosynthetic pathways -- Ch. 5. Membrane evolution in a marine bacterium : capitalizing on DHA for energy conservation in seawater -- Ch. 6. Evolution of DHA membranes in human neutrons -- Ch. 7. DHA/EPA chains as powerful membrane antifreeze -- Ch. 8. DHA as a mediocre permeability barrier against cations : water wire theory -- Ch. 9. DHA/EPA membranes as targets of oxidative damage -- Ch. 10. Bacteria : environmental modulation of membrane lipids for bioenergetic gain -- Ch. 11. Chloroplasts : harnessing DHA/EPA for harvesting light in the sea -- Ch. 12. Mitochondria : DHA-cardiolipin boosts energy output -- Ch. 13. Sperm : essential roles of DHA lead to development of a mechanical stress hypothesis -- Ch. 14. DHA/EPA mutualism between bacteria and marine animals -- Ch. 15. Membrane adaptations for an oily environment : lessons from a petroleum-degrading bacterium -- Ch. 16. Lessons from yeast : phospholipid conformations are important in winemaking -- Ch. 17. DHA principle applied to global warming -- Ch. 18. DHA principle applied to molecular farming -- Ch. 19. DHA/unsaturation theory of aging -- Ch. 20. DHA principle applied to neurodegenerative diseases -- Ch. 21. Dietary DHA in prevention of colon cancer : how a risk to the cell benefits the organism.
- Organelle proteomics 2008, Springer ProtocolsAnalysis of organelles by on-line two-dimensional liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry / Edwin P. Romijn and John R. Yates III -- Purification and proteomic analysis of chloroplasts and their sub-organellar compartments / Daniel Salvi ... [et al.] -- Proteomic analysis of the stacked golgi complex / Mark S. Lowenthal, Kathryn E. Howell, and Christine C. Wu -- Purification of Saccharomyces cerevisiae mitochondria by zone electrophoresis in a free flow device / Hans Zischka ... [et al.] -- Preparation of respiratory chain complexes from Saccharomyces cerevisiae wild-type and mutant mitochondria : activity measurement and subunit composition analysis / Claire Lemaire and Geneviève Dujardin -- Mitochondrial proteomics : analysis of a whole mitochondrial extract with two-dimensional electrophoresis / Thierry Rabilloud -- Purification and proteomic analysis of the mouse liver mitochondrial inner membrane / Sandrine Da Cruz and Jean-Claude Martinou -- Subcellular fractionation and proteomics of nuclear envelopes / Laurence Florens, Nadia Korfali, and Eric C. Schirmer -- Purification and proteomic analysis of a nuclear-insoluble protein fraction / Tsuneyoshi Horigome, Kazuhiro Furukawa, and Kohei Ishii -- Preparation methods of human metaphase chromosomes for their proteome analysis / Kiichi Fukui, Hideaki Takata, and Susumu Uchiyama -- Purification and proteomic analysis of plant plasma membranes / Erik Alexandersson ... [et al.] -- Protocol to enrich and analyze plasma membrane proteins from frozen tissues / Jacek R. Wiśniewski -- Proteomic characterization of membrane protein topology / Adele R. Blackler and Christine C. Wu -- Free flow isoelectric focusing : a method for the separation of both hydrophilic and hydrophobic proteins of rat liver peroxisomes / Markus Islinger and Gerhard Weber -- Use of gas-phase fractionation to increase protein identifications : application to the peroxisome / Jacob Kennedy and Eugene C. Yi -- Purification and proteomic analysis of lysosomal integral membrane proteins / Huiwen Zhang ... [et al.] -- Affinity purification of soluble lysosomal proteins for mass spectrometric identification / Sylvie Kieffer-Jaquinod ... [et al.] -- Purification and proteomic analysis of synaptic vesicles / Holly D. Cox and Charles M. Thompson -- Purification and proteomics analysis of pancreatic zymogen granule membranes / Xuequn Chen and Philip C. Andrews -- Isolation and proteomic analysis of chlamydomonas centrioles / Lani C. Keller and Wallace F. Marshall -- Purification and proteomic analysis of 20S proteasomes from human cells / Marie-Pierre Bousquet-Dubouch ... [et al.] -- Characterization of E. coli ribosomal particles : combined analysis of whole proteins by mass spectrometry and of proteolytic digests by liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry / Isabelle Iost ... [et al.] -- Assessment of organelle purity using antibodies and specific assays : the example of the chloroplast envelope / Daniel Salvi ... [et al.] -- Identifying bona fide components of an organelle by isotope-coded labeling of subcellular fractions : an example in peroxisomes / Marcello Marelli, Alexey I. Nesvizhskii, and John D. Aitchison -- Determination of genuine residents of plant endomembrane organelles using isotope tagging and multivariate statistics / Kathryn S. Lilley and Tom P.J. Dunkley -- Quantitative proteomic analysis to profile dynamic changes in the spatial distribution of cellular proteins / Wei Yan, Daehee Hwang, and Ruedi Aebersold -- Use of transcriptomic data to support organelle proteomic analysis / Wallace F. Marshall.
- Origins of life on the earth and in the cosmos. 2nd ed. 2000, ScienceDirect
- A brief overview of molecular genetics -- An overview of information theory -- More on molecular genetics -- More on information theory -- An outline of error-correcting codes -- DNA is an ephemeral memory -- A toy living world -- Subsidiary hypothesis, nested system -- Soft codes -- Biological reality conforms to the hypotheses -- Identification of genomic codes.
- p53 2011, SpringerTP53 mutations in human cancers : selection versus mutagenesis / Magali Olivier, Audrey Petitjean, Claude Caron de Fromentel, and Pierre Hainaut -- Lessons on p53 from mouse models / Dadi Jiang and Laura D. Attardi -- TP63, TP73 : the guardian's elder brothers / Stephanie Courtois, Pierre Hainaut and Claude Caron de Fromentel -- The regulation of p53 protein function by phosphorylation / Nicola J. Maclaine and Theodore Hupp -- The p53-Mdm2 loop : a critical juncture of stress response / Yaara Levav-Cohen, Zehavit Goldberg, Osnat Alsheich Bartok, Valentina Zuckerman, Sue Haupt and Ygal Haupt -- Cooperation between MDM2 and MDMX in the regulation of p53 / Jeremy Blaydes -- Regulation and function of the original p53-inducible p21 gene / Jennifer A. Fraser -- p53 localization / Carl G. Maki -- Modes of p53 interactions with DNA in the chromatin context / Vladana Vukojevic, Tatiana Yakovleva, and Georgy Bakalkin -- p53's dilemma in transcription : analysis by microarrays / Karuppiah Kannan, Gideon Rechavi and David Givol -- Tumor viruses and p53 / Nobuo Horikoshi -- p53 and immunity / Vikram Narayan, Sarah E. Meek and Kathryn L. Ball.
- PCR cloning protocols. 2nd ed. 2002, Springer Protocols
- PCR mutation detection protocols 2002, Springer Protocols
- Peptide research protocols 2002, Springer Protocols
- Peptide synthesis and applications Springer Protocols
- Phagocytosis of dying cells 2009, Springer
- Pharmacogenomics in drug discovery and development 2008, Springer Protocols
- Phosphodiesterase methods and protocols 2005, Springer ProtocolsPurification of PDE6 isozymes from mammalian retina / Dana C. Pentia ... [et al.] -- Cyclic guanosine 5'-monophosphate binding to the regulatory GAF domains of photoreceptor phosphodiesterase / Rick H. Cote -- Renaturation of the catalytic domain of PDE4A expressed in escherichia coli as inclusion bodies / Wito Richter, Thomas Hermsdorf, and Dietrich Dettmer -- Determining the subunit structure of phosphodiesterases using gel filtration and sucrose density gradient centrifugation / Wito Richter -- Crystallization of cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterases / Hengming Ke, Qing Huai, and Robert X. Xu -- Generation of PDE4 knockout mice by gene targeting / S.-L. Catherine Jin, Anne M. Latour, and Marco Conti -- Immunoprecipitating PDE2 phosphorylated and inactivated by an associated protein kinase / J. Kelley Bentley -- Investigation of extracellular signal-regulated kinase 2 mitogen-actived protein kinase phosphorylation and regulation of activity of PDE4 cyclic adenosine monophosphate-specific phosphodiesterases / Elaine V. Hills, Miles D. Houslay, and George S. Baillie --Radiolabeled ligand binding to the catalytic or allosteric sites of PDE5 and PDE11 / James L. Weeks ... [et al.] -- Analysis of dimerization determinants of the PDE6 catalytic subunits / Khakim G. Muradov, Kimberley K. Boyd, and Nikolai O. Artemyev -- Interaction between catalytic and inhibitory subunits of PDE6 / Nikolai O. Artemyev -- Purification, reconstitution on lipid vesciles and assays of PDE6 and its activator G protein, transducin -- Theodore G. Wensel, Feng He, and Justine A. Malinski.Study of cyclic adenosine monophosphate microdomains in cells / Marco Mongillo ... [et al.] -- High-resolution measurements of cyclic adenosine monophosphate signals in 3D microdomains / Jeffrey W. Karpen and Thomas C. Rich -- Cygnets : in vivo characterization of novel cGMP indicators and in vivo imaging of intracellular cGMP / Akira Honda ... [et al.] -- High-throughput screening of phosphodiesterase activity in living cells / Thomas C. Rich and Jeffrey W. Karpen -- Assessment of phosphodiesterase isozyme contribution in cell and tissue extracts / Thèrése Keravis, Rima Thaseldar-Roumié, and Claire Lugnier -- Localization of the cyclic guanosine 3', 5'-monophosphate-hydrolysing phosphodiesterase type 9 in rat brain by nonradioactive in situ hybridization / Wilma C.G. Van Staveren and Marjanne Markerink-Van Ittersum -- Determination of Ca2+/calmodulin-stimulated phosphodiesterase activity in intact cells / Chen Yan -- Adenovirus-mediated overexpression of murine cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase 3B / Faiyaz Ahmad ... [et al.] -- Identification of promoter elements in the 5'-flanking region of the murine cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase 3B gene / Hanguan Liu ... [et al.] --
- Photosynthesis research protocols 2004, Springer ProtocolsAssay of photoinhibition of photosystem II and protease activity / Yasusi Yamamoto ... [et al.] -- Thermoluminescence: a technique for probing photosystem II / Prafullachandra V. Sane -- Detection of free radicals and reactive oxygen species / Éva Hideg -- Stabilization of photosynthetic materials / Régis Rouillon, Pierre Euzet, and Robert Carpentier -- Determination of phosphoproteins in higher plant thylakoids / Eva-Mari Aro, Anne Rokka, and Alexander V. Vener -- Identifying photoprotection mutants in Arabidopsis thaliana / Jan Bart Rossel, Abby Cuttriss, and Barry J. Pogson -- A simple method for chloroplast transformation in Chlamydomonas reinhardtii / Velupillai M. Ramesh, Scott E. Bingham, and Andrew N. Webber -- The Construction of gene knockouts in the Cyanobacterium Synechocystis sp. PCC 6803 / Julian J. Eaton-Rye -- Gene inactivation in the cyanobacterium Synechococcus sp. PCC 7002 and the green sulfur bacterium Chlorobium tepidum using in vitro-made DNA constructs and natural transformation / Niels-Ulrik Frigaard, Yumiko Sakuragi, and Donald A. Bryant.Fractionation of thylakoid membranes into grana and stroma thylakoids / Juan Cuello and María José Quiles -- Isolation of photosystem I particles from spinach / Tetsuo Hiyama -- Rapid isolation and purification of photosystem I chlorophyll-binding protein from Chlamydomonas reinhardtii / Velupillai M. Ramesh and Andrew N. Webber -- Isolation of photosystem II-enriched membranes and the oxygen-evolving complex subunit proteins from higher plants / Yasusi Yamamoto, Shinsuke Sakuma, and Jian-Ren Shen -- Isolation of functional photosystem II core particles from the Cyanobacterium synechocystis sp. PCC 6803 / Dmitrii Vavilin -- Isolation of photosystem I reaction center preparation from spinach / Tetsuo Hiyama -- Isolation of photosystem II reaction center complexes from plants -- Michael Seibert, Inmaculada Yruela, and Rafael Picorel -- Isolation of photosystem I reaction center subunit polypeptides from spinach / Tetsuo Hiyama -- Purification and crystallization of the cytochrome b6f complex in oxygenic photosynthesis / Huamin Zhang and William A. Cramer -- Purification of plastocyanin and cytochrome C6 from plants, green algae, and cyanobacteria / José A. Navarro, Manuel Hervás, and Miguel A. De la Rosa --Preparation of native and recombinant light-harvesting chlorophyll-a/b complex / Wolfgang Rühle and Harald Paulsen -- Isolation and characterization of lamellar aggregates of LHCII and LHCII-lipid macro-assemblies with light-inducible structural transitions / Ilian Simidjiev, Zsuzsanna Vácrkonyi, and Gyozo Garab -- Separation, purification and characterization of polypeptide composition of subcomplexes of the main light-harvesting chlorophyll a/b-protein complex of photosystem II / Grzegorz Jackowski -- Isolation of CP43 and CP47 photosystem II proximal antenna complexes from plants / Rafael Picorel, Miguel Alfonso, and Michael Seibert -- The determination and quantification of photosynthetic pigments by reverse phase high-performance liquid chromatography, thin-layer chromatography, and spectroscopy / Tessa Pocock, Marianna Król, and Norman P. A. Huner -- Isolation and identification of chloroplast lipids / Norihiro Sato and Mikio Tsuzuki -- DNA adducts with chlorophyll and chlorophyllin as antimutagenic agents: synthesis, stability, and structural features / Heidar-Ali Tajmir-Riahi, Jean-Francois Neault, and Stravoula Diamantoglou -- Incorporation and analysis of LHCII in model systems / Wieslaw I. Gruszecki -- Photosystem II reconstitution into proteoliposomes: structure-function characterization / Mário Fragata -- Extraction of the functional manganese and calcium from photosystem II / Joel Freeman, Garth Hendry, and Tom Wydrzynski --
- Phylogenomics 2008, Springer ProtocolsFrom gene-scale to genome-scale phylogenetics : the data flood in, but the challenges remain / Antonis Rokas and Stylianos Chatzimanolis -- Phylogenomic analysis of chromosome sorting and painting / Roscoe Stanyon and Gary Stone -- FISH for mapping single copy genes / Terje Raudsepp and Bhanu P. Chowdhary -- Construction of radiation hybrid panels / John E. Page and William J. Murphy -- Survey sequencing and radiation hybrid mapping to construct comparative maps / Christophe Hitte ... [et al.] -- Construction of high-resolution comparative maps in mammals using BAC-end sequences / Denis M. Larkin and Harris A. Lewin -- Amniote phylogenomics : testing evolutionary hypotheses with BAC library scanning and targeted clone analysis of large-scale sequences from reptiles / Andrew M. Shedlock, Daniel E. Janes, and Scott V. Edwards -- Comparative physical mapping : universal overgo hybridization probe design and BAC library hybridization / James W. Thomas -- Phylogenomic resources at the UCSC Genome Browser / Kate Rosenbloom ... [et al.] -- Computational tools for the analysis of rearrangements in mammalian genomes / Glenn Tesler and Guillaume Bourque -- Computational reconstruction of ancestral DNA sequences / Mathieu Blanchette ... [et al.] -- Sequencing and phylogenomic analysis of whole mitochondrial genomes of animals / Rafael Zardoya and Mónica Suárez -- Retroposons : genetic footrpints on the evolutionary paths of life / Hidenori Nishihara and Norihiro Okada -- LINE-1 elements : analysis by FISH and nucleotide sequences / Paul D. Waters ... [et al.] -- Identification of cryptic sex chromosomes and isolation of X- and Y-borne genes / Paul D. Waters ... [et al.]
- Physical basis of biochemistry 2011, Springerpt. 1. Principles of biophysical inquiry -- pt. 2. Foundations -- pt. 3. Building a model of biomolecular structure -- pt. 4. Function and action biological state space -- pt. 5. Methods for the measuring structure and function -- pt. 6. Physical constants.
- Physiology and pathology of chloride transporters and channels in the nervous system. 1st ed. 2009, ScienceDirectPart I. Overview of Chloride Transporters and Channels -- Part II. Current Methods for Studying Chloride Regulation -- Part III. From Cloning to Structure, Function and Regulation of Chloride Transporters and Channels -- Part IV. Cation-Chloride Cotransporters in Neural Function and Dysfunction -- Part V. Cation-Chloride Cotransport in Choroid Plexus and Blood-Brain Barrier.
- Posttranslational modifications of proteins 2002, Springer Protocols
- Principles and technical aspects of PCR amplification 2008, Springer
- Section I. Introduction of cancer biology and cancer genetics -- Section II. Molecular techniques -- Section III. Molecular tests and cancer management -- Section IV. Molecular diagnostics of common malignancies -- Section V. Molecular basis of cancer therapeutics -- Section VI. Personalized medicine and targeted therapy of cancer -- Section VII. Future of molecular diagnostics and personalized cancer medicine.
- Principles of molecular medicine. 2nd ed. 2006, Springer
- PRINS and in situ PCR protocols. 2nd ed. 2006, Springer Protocols
- Prion protein protocols 2008, Springer ProtocolsCell culture models to unravel prion protein function and aberrancies in prion diseases / Katarina Bedecs -- Investigation of PrPc metabolism and function in live cells : methods for studying individual cells and cell populations / Cathryn L. Haigh and David R. Brown -- Immunodetection of PrPsc using western and slot blotting techniques / Hanny Gyllberg and Kajsa Löfgren -- Assaying prions in cell culture : the standard scrapie cell assay (SSCA) and the scrapie cell assay in end point format (SCEPA) / Sukhvir P. Mahal ... [et al.] -- Generation of cell lines propagating infectious prions and the isolation and characterization of cell-derived exosomes / Laura J. Vella and Andrew F. Hill -- Neurotoxicity of prion peptides on cultured cerebellar neurons / Giuseppe D. Ciccotosto, Roberto Cappai, and Anthony R. White -- Understanding the nature of prion diseases using cell-free assays / Victoria A. Lawson -- Methods for conversion of prion protein into amyloid fibrils / Leonid Breydo, Natallia Makarava, and Ilia V. Baskakov -- Amplification of purified prions in vitro / Surachai Supattapone, Nathan R. Deleault, and Judy R. Rees -- Expression and purification of full-length recombinant PrP of high purity / Natallia Makarava and Ilia V. Baskakov -- Analysis of PrP conformation using circular dichroism / Sen Han and Andrew F. Hill -- Effect of copper on the de novo generation of prion protein expressed in Pichia pastoris / Carina Treiber -- Biophysical investigations of the prion protein using electron paramagnetic resonance / Simon C. Drew and Kevin J. Barnham -- Molecular diagnosis of human prion disease / Jonathan D.F. Wadsworth ... [et al.] -- Analysis of endogenous PrPc processing in neuronal and non-neuronal cell lines / Victoria Lewis and Steven J. Collins -- Molecular typing of PrPres in human sporadic CJD brain tissue / Victoria Lewis ... [et al.] -- Transgenic mouse models of prion diseases / Glenn C. Telling -- Quantitiative bioassay of surface-bound prion infectivity / Victoria A. Lawson.
- Prokaryotic toxin-antitoxins 2013, SpringerIntroduction -- Type I Toxin - Antitoxin Systems: Hok/Sok and Fst -- Novel Type I Toxin - Antitoxin Systems -- Type II TA Loci: The Ccdab and Parde Families -- Type II TA Loci: The Relbe Family -- Type II TA Loci: The Unusual Mqsra Locus -- Type II TA Loci: The Mazef Family -- Type II TA Loci: Vapbc and Other TA Loci In Mycobacteria -- Type II TA Loci: Phd Doc Family -- Type II TA Loci: The Fic Family -- Type II TA Loci, Hipab And Persisters -- Type II TA Loci: Zeta/Pezt Family -- Type II Loci: Phylogeny -- Type III TA Loci -- TA Loci Encoded By Plasmids -- TA Loci in Archaea -- TA Loci in Mycobacterium Tuberculosis -- TA Loci in Streptococcus Pneumoniae -- Biotechnological and Medical Exploitations Of TA Genes and Their Components.
- Protein chromatography 2011, Springer ProtocolsA digest of protein purification -- Gel-filtration chromatography -- Immunoaffinity chromatography -- Avoiding proteolysis during protein chromatography -- Scale-up of protein purification : Downstream processing issues -- Phage display : A powerful technology for the generation of high specificity affinity reagents from alternative immune sources -- Engineering protein stability -- Microfluidics in protein chromatography -- Tagging recombinant proteins to enhance solubility and aid purification -- Storage and lyophilisation of pure proteins -- Differential precipitation and solubilization of proteins -- Ion-exchange chromatography : Basic principles and application to the partial purification of soluble mammalian prolyl oligopeptidase -- Protein quantitation and analysis of purity -- Purification of proteins fused to glutathione S-transferase -- Purification of proteins fused to maltose-binding protein -- Purification of proteins from baculovirus-infected insect cells -- Purification of poly-histidine-tagged proteins -- Immobilized metal affinity chromatography/reversed-phase enrichment of phosphopeptides and analysis by cid/etd tandem mass spectrometry -- Tag removal by site-specific cleavage of recombinant fusion proteins -- Purification of antibodies using affinity chromatography -- Optimized generation of high-affinity, high-specificity single-chain Fv antibodies from multiantigen immunized chickens -- Measuring protein-protein interactions using biacore -- Ultra-performance liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry of proteins -- Hydrophobic interaction chromatography -- Fast protein liquid chromatography -- Shotgun proteomics : A qualitative approach applying isoelectric focusing on immobilized pH gradient and LC-MS/MS -- Shotgun proteomics : A relative quantitative approach using off-gel electrophoresis and LC-MS/MS -- Clinical proteomics : Liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry purification systems -- Strategies for the purification of membrane proteins -- A multi-step chromatographic strategy to purify three fungal endo-[beta]-glucanases.
- Protein conformational dynamics 2014, Springer"This book discusses how biological molecules exert their function and regulate biological processes, with a clear focus on how conformational dynamics of proteins are critical in this respect. In the last decade, the advancements in computational biology, nuclear magnetic resonance including paramagnetic relaxation enhancement, and fluorescence-based ensemble/single-molecule techniques have shown that biological molecules (proteins, DNAs and RNAs) fluctuate under equilibrium conditions. The conformational and energetic spaces that these fluctuations explore likely contain active conformations that are critical for their function. More interestingly, these fluctuations can respond actively to external cues, which introduces layers of tight regulation on the biological processes that they dictate. A growing number of studies have suggested that conformational dynamics of proteins govern their role in regulating biological functions, examples of this regulation can be found in signal transduction, molecular recognition, apoptosis, protein / ion / other molecules translocation and gene expression"--Publisher's description.
- Protein design 2006, Springer ProtocolsDesign of structural elementary motifs. Structure and stability of the [alpha]-helix: lessons for design / Neil Errington, Teuku Iqbalsyah, and Andrew J. Doig. De novo design of monomeric [beta]-hairpin and [beta]-sheet peptides / David Pantoja-Uceda, Clara M. Santiveri, and M. Angeles Jiménez. De novo proteins from binary-patterned combinatorial libraries / Luke H. Bradley, Peter P. Thumfort, and Michael H. Hecht. Non-protein amino acids in the design of secondary structure scaffolds / Radhakrishnan Mahalakshmi and Padmanabhan Balaram. Design and synthesis of [beta]-peptides with biological activity / Marc J. Koyack and Richard P. Cheng -- Design of entire proteins and protein complexes. Design of miniproteins by the transfer of active sites onto small-size scaffolds / Franc̦ois Stricher, Loïc Martin, and Claudio Vita. Consensus design as a tool for engineering repeat proteins / Tommi Kajander, Aitziber L. Cortajarena, and Lynne Regan. Multiple sequence alignment as a guideline for protein engineering strategies / Alan R. Davidson. Sequence search methods and scoring functions for the design of protein structures / Hocine Madaoui, Emmanuelle Becker, and Raphael Guerois. Prediction of protein-protein interaction based on structure / Gregorio Fernandez-Ballester and Luis Serrano. Electrostatic design of protein-protein association rates / Gideon Schreiber, Yossi Shaul, and Kay E. Gottschalk -- Design of amyloidogenic polypeptides and amyloid inhibitors. Peptide model systems for amyloid fiber formation: design strategies and validation methods / Alexandra Esteras-Chopo, María Teresa Pastor, and Manuela López de la Paz. Protein misfolding disorders and rational design of antimisfolding agents / Lisbell D. Estrada, June Yowtak, and Claudio Soto.
- Protein dimerization and oligomerization in biology 2012, Springer
- Protein engineering protocols 2006, Springer Protocols
- Protein folding protocols 2006, Springer Protocols
- Protein misfolding and cellular stress in disease and aging 2010, Springer ProtocolsProtein misfolding and celluar stress : an overview / Niels Gregersen and Peter Bross -- Protein aggregation diseases : toxicity of soluble prefibrillar aggregates and their clinical significance / Massimo Stefani -- Consequences of stress in the secretary pathway : the ER stress response and its role in the metabolic syndrome / Martin Schröder and Louise Sutcliffe -- What role does mitochondrial stress play in neurodegenerative diseases? / Alicia Mae Pickrell and Carlos Torres Moraes -- Autophagy in disease / Dalibor Mijaljica, Mark Prescott, and Rodney J. Devenish -- Mitophagy and mitoptosis in disease processes / Dalibor Mijaljica, Mark Prescott, and Rodney J. Devenish -- Cellular stress and protein misfolding during aging / Rajiv Vaid Basaiawmoit and Suresh I.S. Rattan -- Measuring consequences of protein misfolding and cellular stress using OMICS techniques / Peter Bross ... [et al.] -- Production of cells with targeted integration of gene variants of human ABC transporter for stable and regulated expression using the Flp recombinase system / Kanako Wakabayashi-Nakao ... [et al.] -- Stress response profile in human fribroblasts exposed to heat shock or oxidative stress / Christina Bak Pedersen and Niels Gregersen -- Examining ubiquitinated protein aggregates in tissue sections / Natalia A. Kaniuk and John H. Brumell -- Determination of proteasomal activities / Cristovao F. Lima and Suresh I.S. Rattan -- Measurement of autophagy in cells and tissues / Isei Tanida and Satoshi Waguri -- Transcription factor sequestration by polyglutamine proteins / Tomoyuki Yamanaka and Nobuyuki Nukina -- Biological membranes as protein aggregation matrices and targets of amyloid toxicity / Monica Bucciantini and Cristina Cecchi -- Measurement of mitochondrial ROS production / Anatoly A. Starkov -- In vivo detection of oxidized proteins : a practical approach to tissue-derived mitochondria / Francesca Maltecca and Giorgio Casari -- Measurement of oxidized/reduced glutathione ratio / Joshua B. Owen and D. Allan Butterfield -- Determination of altered mitochondria ultrastructure by electron microscopy / Shoichi Sasaki -- Assessing bad sub-cellular localization under conditions associated with prevention or promotion of mitochondrial permeability transition-dependent toxicity / Liana Cerioni and Orazio Cantoni -- A cellular viability assay to monitor drug toxicity / Jakob Hansen and Peter Bross -- Rescue of misfolded proteins and stabilization by small molecules / Raymond C. Stevens, javier Sancho, and Aurora Martinez.
- Protein misfolding, aggregation, and conformational diseases. Part B, Molecular mechanisms of conformational diseases 2007, Springer
- Protein phosphatase protocols. [2nd ed.?] 2006, Springer ProtocolsAnalysis of protein phosphatases / Shirish Shenolikar -- A brief introduction to the protein phosphatase families / Tomas Mustelin -- Small molecule inhibitors of Ser/thr protein phosphatases / Mark Swingle, Li Ni, and Richard E. Honkanen -- Synthesis and use of the protein phosphatase affinity matrices microcystin- and microcystin-biotin-sepharose / Greg Moorhead, Timothy A.J. Haystead, and Carol MacKintosh -- Utilizing protein phosphatase inhibitors to define PP2A as a regulator of ataxia-telangiectasia mutated (ATM) / Aaron A. Goodarzi ... [et al.] -- An automated, fluorescence-based method for continuous assay of PP2A activity / Adam M. Wegner ... [et al.] -- An in vivo assay to quantify stable protein phosphatase 2A (PP2A) heterotrimeric species / Matthew S. Gentry, Richard L. Hallberg, and David C. Pallas -- Mutagenesis and expression of the scaffolding Aa and Ab subunits of PP2A / Ralf Ruediger, Jin Zhou, and Gernot Walter -- Isolation and characterization of PP2A holoenzymes containing FLAG-tagged B subunits / Deanna G. Adams and Brian E. Wadzinski -- Purification of PP2A holoenzymes by sequential immunoprecipitation with anti-peptide antibodies / Gernot Walter, Jin Zhou, and Ralf Ruediger -- Purification of PP2Ac from bovine heart / Hue T. Tran ... [et al.] -- Visualization of intracellular PP1 targeting through transiently and stably expressed fluorescent protein fusions / Laura Trinkle-Mulcahy ... [et al.] -- Yeast two-hybrid screens to identify drosophila PP1-binding proteins / Daimark Bennett and Luke Alphey -- Identification of cellular protein phosphatase-1 regulators / David W. Roadcap, Matthew H. Brush, and Shirish Shenolikar --Assay for 3-way interaction of protein phosphatase-1 (Glc7) with regulatory subunits plus phosphatase inhibitor-2 / Masumi Eto and David L. Brautigan -- Phosphorylation of the protein phosphatase type 1 inhibitor protein, CPI-17, by protein kinase C / Michael P. Walsh ... [et al.] -- Purification of smooth muscle myosin phosphatase using a thiophosphorylated myosin light chain-affinity resin / Merideth Borman and Justin MacDonald -- Proteins interacting with saccharomyces cerevisiae type 1 protein phosphatase catalytic subunit identified by single-step affinity purification and mass spectrometry / Edmund P. Walsh ... [et al.] -- Expression of protein histidine phosphatase in Escherichia coli, purification, and determination of enzyme activity / Nicole Bäumer .. [et al.] -- The use of RNA interference to analyze protein phosphatase function in mammalian cells / Iain Fraser ... [et al.] -- Recognition of a PP2C interaction motif in several plant protein kinases / Niranjan Chakraborty, Ohta Masaru, and Jian-Kang Zhu -- The use of yeast genetic tools to define biological roles of novel protein phosphatases / Joaquín Ariño ... [et al.] -- Targeting of PP2C in budding yeast / Irene Ota and James Mapes -- Phosphatase targets in TOR signaling / Estela Jacinto -- Functional characterization of the small CTD phosphatases (SCPs) / Michele Yeo and Patrick S. Lin -- Genome-scale discovery and characterization of class-specific protein sequences / David Kerk -- Yeast substrate-trapping system for isolating substrates of protein tyrosine phosphatases / Masahide Fukada and Masaharu Noda.
- An introduction to protein sequencing using tandem mass spectrometry --The primary structure of proteins and a historical overview of protein sequencing --Fundamental mass spectrometry --Collisionally induced dissociation of protonated peptide icons and the interpretation of product ion spectra --Basic polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis --The preparation of protein digests for mass spectrometric sequencing experiments --Mass spectrometric analysis of tryptic digests --Protein identification by database searching --Sequence analysis of novel proteins --The characterization of post-translationally modified proteins using tandem mass spectometry.
- Protein structure prediction. 2nd ed. 2008, Springer ProtocolsA historical perspective of template-based protein structure prediction / Jun-tao Guo, Kyle Ellrott, and Ying Xu -- The assessment of methods for protein structure prediction / Anna Tramontaro ... [et al.] -- Aligning sequences to structures / Liam James McGuffin -- Protein structure prediction using threading / Jinbo Xu, Feng Jiao, and Libo Yu -- Algorithms for multiple protein structure alignment and structure-derived multiple sequence alignment / Maxim Shatsky, Ruth Nussinov, and Haim J. Wolfson -- Indexing protein structures using suffix trees / Feng Gao and Mohammed J. Zaki -- Hidden Markov models for prediction of protein features / Christopher Bystroff and Anders Krogh -- The pros and cons of predicting protein contact maps / Lisa Bartoli ... [et al.] -- Roadmap methods for protein folding / Mark Moll, David Schwarz, and Lydia E. Kavraki -- Scoring functions for de novo protein structure prediction revisited / Shing-Chung Ngan ... [et al.] -- Protein-protein docking : overview and performance analysis / Kevin Wiehe ... [et al.] -- Molecular dynamics simulations of protein folding / Angel E. Garcia.
- Protein-ligand interactions 2005, Springer Protocols
- Proteome analysis 2004, ScienceDirect
- Proteome research. 2nd ed. 2007, Springer
- Quantum dots 2006, Springer ProtocolsImmunofluorescent labeling of proteins in cultured cells with quantum dot secondary antibody conjugates / Richard L. Ornberg and Hongjian Liu -- Immunohistochemical detection with quantum dots / Rizwan S. Akhtar ... [et al.] -- Quantum dots for multicolor clinical pathology and multispectral imaging / Johbu Itoh and Robert Yoshiyuki Osamura -- Light and electron microscopic localization of multiple proteins using quantum dots / Thomas J. Deerinck ... [et al.] -- Human metaphase chromosome fluorescence in situ hybridization using quantum dot conjugates / Joan H.M. Knoll -- Biotin-ligand complexes with streptavidin quantum dots for in vivo cell-labeling of membrane receptors / Diane S. Lidke ... [et al.] -- Single quantum dot tracking of membrane receptors / Cødric Bouzigues ... [et al.] -- Optical monitoring of single cells using quantum dots / Jyoti K. Jaiswal and Sanford M. Simon -- Peptide-mediated intracellular delivery of quantum dots / B. Christoffer Lagerholm -- High-content analysis in multiple cell lines using quantum dots / Paul G. Wylie --Measuring cell motility using quantum dot probes / Weiwei Gu ... [et al.] -- Quantum dots for in vivo molecular and cellular imaging / Xiaohu Gao, Leland W.K. Chung, and Shuming Nie -- Sentinel lymph node mapping with type II quantum dots / John V. Frangioni ... [et al.] -- Macrophage-mediated colocalization of quantum dots in experimental glioma / Osman Muhammad, Alexandra Popescu, and Steven A. Toms -- Applications of quantum dots to multicolor flow cytometry / Pratip K. Chattopadhyay and Mario Roederer -- Quantum dots in flow cytometry / Barnaby Abrams and Tim Dubrovsky -- Luminescent biocompatible quantum dots: a tool for immunosorbent assay design / Ellen R. Goldman ... [et al.] -- Fluorescence-based analysis of cellular protein lysate arrays using quantum dots / David H. Geho ... [et al.] -- Application of quantum dots to multicolor microarray experiments: four-color genotyping / George Karlin-Neumann ... [et al.].
- Quorum sensing 2011, Springer ProtocolsBioassays of quorum sensing compounds using Agrobacterium tumefaciens and Chromobacterium violaceum -- Detection of 2-alkyl-4-quinolones using biosensors -- FRET-based biosensors for the detection and quantification of AI-2 class of quorum sensing compounds -- Isolation of agr quorum sensing autoinducers -- Liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry for the detection and quantification of N-acyl-l-homoserine lactones and 4-hydroxy-2-alkylquinolines -- Detection of autoinducer (AI-2)-like activity in food samples -- Detection of bacterial signaling molecules in liquid or gaseous environments -- Determination of acyl homoserine lactone and tetramic acid concentrations in biological samples -- Luminescent reporters and their applications for the characterization of signals and signal-mimics that alter LasR-mediated quorum sensing -- Modulation of mammalian cell processes by bacterial quorum sensing molecules -- Imaging N-acyl homoserine lactone quorum sensing in vivo -- Defining the structure and function of acyl-homoserine lactone autoinducers -- Global expression analysis of quorum-sensing controlled genes -- Small RNA target genes and regulatory connections in the Vibrio cholerae quorum sensing system -- Quantifying pseudomonas aeruginosa quinolones and examining their interactions with lipids -- Linking quorum sensing regulation and biofilm formation by Candida albicans -- Design of synthetic mammalian quorum-sensing systems -- Qualitative and quantitative determination of quorum sensing inhibition in vitro -- Custom synthesis of autoinducers and their analogues -- Heterologous overexpression, purification, and in vitro characterization of ahl lactonases -- High-performance liquid chromatography analysis of N-acyl homoserine lactone hydrolysis by paraoxonases -- Generation of quorum quenching antibodies.
- Receptor binding techniques. 2nd ed. 2005, Springer ProtocolsReceptor databases and computational websites for ligand binding -- Identification of orphan G protein-coupled receptor ligands using FLIPR assays -- Quantitative analysis of orphan G protein-coupled receptor mRNAs by TaqMan real-time PCR: G2A and GPR4 lysophospholipid receptor expression in leukocytes and in a rat myocardial infarction-heart failure model -- mRNA: detection by in situ and northern hybridization -- Radioligand-binding and molecular-imaging techniques for the quantitative analysis of established and emerging orphan receptor systems -- Measurement of radioligand binding by scintillation proximity assay -- Autoradiography of enzymes, second messenger systems, and ion channels -- Immunocytochemical localization of receptors using light and confocal microscopy with application to the phenotypic characterization of knock-out mice -- Live cell imaging of G protein-coupled receptors --Imaging and characterization of radioligands for positron emission tomography using quantitative phosphor imaging autoradiography -- Dynamic in vivo imaging of receptors in small animals using positron emission tomography.
- Receptor signal transduction protocols. 2nd ed. 2004, Springer Protocols
- Recombination and meiosis 2008, Springer"Once per life cycle, mitotic nuclear divisions are replaced by meiosis I and II - reducing chromosome number from the diploid level to a haploid genome, reshuffling the homologous chromosomes by their centromeres, and recombining chromosome arms by crossing-over. In animals, including humans, all this happens during the germ cell formation of eggs and sperm. Due to the reign of meiosis, no child is a true genetic copy of either parent. Questions still open primarily concern the placement of and mutual coordination between neighboring crossover events. The current book addresses these processes and mechanisms in multicellular eukaryotes, such as Drosophila, Anibidopsis, mice and humans. The pioneering model systems of yeasts, as well as evolutionary aspects, will be addressed in a forthcoming volume."--Jacket.
- Recombination and meiosis 2008, SpringerOnce per life cycle, mitotic nuclear divisions are replaced by meiosis I and II - reducing chromosome number from the diploid level to a haploid genome and recombining chromosome arms by crossing-over. In animals, all this happens during formation of eggs and sperm - in yeasts before spore formation. The mechanisms of reciprocal exchange at crossover/chiasma sites are central to mainstream meiosis. To initiate the meiotic exchange of DNA, surgical cuts are made as a form of calculated damage that subsequently is repaired by homologous recombination. These key events are accompanied by ancillar.
- Regulatory RNAs in prokaryotes 2012, SpringerThis book provides a comprehensive and up-to-date collection of review articles focusing on RNA-mediated regulation in prokaryotes. The various modes of action include the direct interaction with proteins, direct sensing of metabolites or of physical parameters, and the interaction with RNAs to stimulate or prevent binding of ribosomes or to stimulate degradation. Written by leading experts in the field, the book covers small RNA functions, RNA thermometers, riboswitches, the diversity of small RNA-guided CRISPR-Cas defense systems and selected RNA chaperons in both prokaryotic domains, bacteria and archaea. Recent advances towards the computational identification of regulatory RNAs and their targets are included and particular attention is paid to small RNA in pathogenic bacteria. This volume is the only one exclusively covering regulatory RNAs in the prokaryotic domains to date, making it essential literature for anyone interested in RNA function and gene regulation and a valuable resource for teaching these concepts.
- Repetitive DNA 2012, KargerThe Repetitive DNA Content of Eukaryotic Genomes / López-Flores, I.; Garrido-Ramos, M.A. -- Telomere Dynamics in Mammals / Silvestre, D.C.; Londoño-Vallejo, A. -- Drosophila Telomeres: an Example of Co-Evolution with Transposable Elements / Silva-Sousa, R.; López-Panadès, E.; Casacuberta, E. -- The Evolutionary Dynamics of Transposable Elements in Eukaryote Genomes / Tollis, M.; Boissinot, S. -- SINEs as Driving Forces in Genome Evolution / Schmitz, J. -- Unstable Microsatellite Repeats Facilitate Rapid Evolution of Coding and Regulatory Sequences / Jansen, A.; Gemayel, R.; Verstrepen, K.J. -- Satellite DNA Evolution / Plohl, M.; Meštrović, N.; Mravinac, B. -- Satellite DNA-Mediated Effects on Genome Regulation / Pezer, Ž.; Brajković, J.; Feliciello, I.; Ugarković, Đ. -- The Birth-and-Death Evolution of Multigene Families Revisited / Eirín-López, J.M.; Rebordinos, L.; Rooney, A.P.; Rozas, J. -- Chromosomal Distribution and Evolution of Repetitive DNAs in Fish / Cioffi, M.B.; Bertollo, L.A.C..
- Research in computational molecular biology Springer, 2005
- Research in computational molecular biology 2008, Springer
- Research in computational molecular biology Springer, 2006
- Research in computational molecular biology Springer, 2007
- Respiratory regulation - the molecular approach 2013, Springer
- Ribonuclease P 2010, SpringerHistory of RNase P and Overview of Its Catalytic Activity -- The Evolution of RNase P and Its RNA -- Over a Decade of Bacterial Ribonuclease P Modeling -- Structural Studies of Ribonuclease P -- Folding of Bacterial RNase P RNA -- Kinetic Mechanism of Bacterial RNase P -- Roles of Metal Ions in RNase P Catalysis -- Challenges in RNase P Substrate Recognition: Considering the Biological Context -- Archaeal RNase P: A Mosaic of Its Bacterial and Eukaryal Relatives -- Eukaryote RNase P and RNase MRP -- RNase P from Organelles -- Human RNase P and Transcription -- RNase P as a Drug Target -- Ribonuclease P as a Tool.
- RNA 2001, ScienceDirect
- RNA 2008, Springer ProtocolsThe transcriptional landscape -- Working with RNA -- Synthesis of RNA by in vitro transcription -- Efficient poly(A)+ RNA selection using LNA oligo(T) capture -- Genome browsers -- Web-based tools for studying RNA structure and function -- Northern blotting analysis -- Rapid amplification of cDNA ends (RACE) -- Fractionation of mRNA based on the length of the poly(A) tail -- Analysis of mutations that influence pre-mRNA splicing -- S1 nuclease analysis of alternatively spliced mRNA -- Promises and challenges in developing RNAi as a research tool and therapy -- Inhibition of gene function in mammalian cells using short-hairpin RNA (shRNA) -- Validation of RNAi by real time PCR -- Profiling RNA polymerase II using the fast chromatin immunoprecipitation method -- The post-transcriptional operon -- RIP-chip analysis : RNA-binding protein immunoprecipitation-microarray (chip) profiling -- Isolation of RNP granules -- Electrophoretic mobility shift assay for characterizing RNA-protein interaction -- Polysome analysis and RNA purification from sucrose gradients -- Prediction of targets for microRNAs -- Outsourcing of experimental work.
- RNA 3D structure analysis and prediction 2012, SpringerIntroduction /Michael Levitt --Modeling RNA Molecules /Neocles Leontis and Eric Westhof --Methods for Predicting RNA Secondary Structure /Kornelia Aigner, Fabian Dre€en and Gerhard Steger --Why Can't We Predict RNA Structure At Atomic Resolution? /Parin Sripakdeevong, Kyle Beauchamp and Rhiju Das --Template-Based and Template-Free Modeling of RNA 3D Structure: Inspirations from Protein Structure Modeling /Kristian Rother, Magdalena Rother, Michał Boniecki, Tomasz Puton and Konrad Tomala, et al. --The RNA Folding Problems: Different Levels of sRNA Structure Prediction /Fredrick Sijenyi, Pirro Saro, Zheng Ouyang, Kelly Damm-Ganamet and Marcus Wood, et al. --Computational Prediction and Modeling Aid in the Discovery of a Conformational Switch Controlling Replication and Translation in a Plus-Strand RNA Virus /Wojciech K. Kasprzak and Bruce A. Shapiro --Methods for Building and Refining 3D Models of RNA /Samuel C. Flores, Magdalena Jonikas, Christopher Bruns, Joy P. Ku and Jeanette Schmidt, et al. --Multiscale Modeling of RNA Structure and Dynamics /Feng Ding and Nikolay V. Dokholyan --Statistical Mechanical Modeling of RNA Folding: From Free Energy Landscape to Tertiary Structural Prediction /Song Cao and Shi-Jie Chen --Simulating Dynamics in RNA-Protein Complexes /John Eargle and Zaida Luthey-Schulten --Quantum Chemical Studies of Recurrent Interactions in RNA 3D Motifs /Jiří Šponer, Judit E. Šponer and Neocles B. Leontis --Nonredundant 3D Structure Datasets for RNA Knowledge Extraction and Benchmarking /Neocles B. Leontis and Craig L. Zirbel --Ions in Molecular Dynamics Simulations of RNA Systems /Pascal Auffinger --Modeling RNA Folding Pathways and Intermediates Using Time-Resolved Hydroxyl Radical Footprinting Data /Joshua S. Martin, Paul Mitiguy and Alain Laederach --A Top-Down Approach to Determining Global RNA Structures in Solution Using NMR and Small-Angle X-ray Scattering Measurements /Yun-Xing Wang, Jinbu Wang and Xiaobing Zuo --RNA Structure Determination by Structural Probing and Mass Spectrometry: MS3D /A. E. Hawkins and D. Fabris.
- RNA interference from biology to therapeutics 2013, SpringerThe Nobel Prize winning discovery that small interfering RNA can be utilised to control cellular gene expression has propelled the field of RNA interference (RNAi) to the forefront of biomedical science as a potential molecular medicine set to revolutionalise disease treatment. Harnessing the molecular mechanisms of RNAi and development of delivery technologies is crucial for its transformation into a therapeutic modality, this dependency is the focus of "RNA Interference from Biology to Therapeutics" that gives a comprehensive overview of RNAi biology and state-of-the-art delivery methods relevant to clinical translation of RNAi therapeutics. Key players and shapers in the fields of RNAi and delivery science have been assembled in a single volume to produce a truly unique interdisciplinary text, making it a "must-read" for both students and experts in, and at the interface of, RNAi, pharmaceutical science and medicine. An attractive feature is the "future perspectives" section within each chapter that allows global leaders the opportunity to express their views on the direction the field is moving. Topics covered in the book include miRNA biology and therapeutic exploitation, exosome delivery and clinical translation."RNA Interference from Biology to Therapeutics" is an up-to-the-minute, highly informative and invaluable text for those actively involved or interested in this fascinating and high-impact field.
- RNA metabolism in trypanosomes 2012, Springer1. RNA polymerases and transcription factors of trypanosomes / Arthur Günzl -- 2. SL RNA biogenesis in kinetoplastids: a long and winding road / Nancy R. Sturm, Jesse R. Zamudio, and David A. Campbell -- 3. Pre-mRNA splicing in trypanosoma brucei: factors, mechanisms, and regulation / Christian Preusser, Nicolas Jaé, Arthur Günzl, and Albrecht Bindereif -- 4. mRNA turnover in trypanosomes / Christine Clayton -- 5. tRNA biogenesis and processing / Jessica L. Spears, Mary Anne T. Rubio, Paul J. Sample, and Juan D. Alfonzo -- 6. rRNA biogensis in trypanosomes / Shulamit Michaeli -- 7. RNA editing in African trypanosomes: a U-ser's G-U-ide / H. Ulrich Göringer -- 8. The RNA interference pathway in trypanosoma brucei / Elisabetta Ullu, Nikolay G. Kolev, Rebecca L. Barnes, and Christian Tschudi -- 9. Translation in trypanosomatids -- 10. Mitochondrial translation in trypanosomatids / Dmitri A. Maslov and Rajendra K. Agrawal -- 11. RNA-Seq analysis of the transcriptome of trypanosoma brucei / Jan Mani, Kapila Gunasekera, and Isabel Roditi.
- RNA technologies and their applications 2010, SpringerThe key features of RNA silencing / Kuniaki Saito ... [et al.] -- Selected strategies for the delivery of siRNA in vitro and in vivo / Sandra D. Laufer ... [et al.] -- RNAi suppression and its application / Xiaoping Yi, Rui Lu -- Strategies to prevent siRNA-triggered cellular toxicity / Matthias Bauer -- RNAi in malignant brain tumors: relevance to molecular and translational research / Mitsutoshi Nakada ... [et al.] -- Silencing Huntington's disease gene with RNAi / Yu Zhang, Robert M. Friedlander -- Application of Dicer-substrate siRNA in pain research / Philippe Sarret ... [et al.] -- RNAi treatment of HIV-1 infection / Karin J. von Eije, Ben Berkhout -- Application of RNA interference to treat conditions associated with dysregulation of transient receptor potential vanilloid 1 channel / Vickram Ramkumar ... [et al.] -- Harnessing RNAi-based functional genomics to unravel the molecular complexity underlying skin pigment variation / Hsiang Ho ... [et al.] --mRNA structure and its effects on posttranscriptional gene silencing / Stephen I. Rudnick, Veenu Aishwarya, Alan M. Gewirtz -- Antisense RNA-mediated regulation of the p53 tumor suppressor / Marianne Farnebo, Klas G. Wiman -- Antisense oligonucleotides: insights from preclinical studies and clinical trials / Doreen Kunze, Kai Kraemer, Susanne Fuessel -- What can the new hammerhead ribozyme structures teach us about design? / William G. Scott -- microRNA biogenesis and its impact on RNA interference / Stefanie Grund, Sven Diederichs -- MicroRNAs in epithelial antimicrobial immunity / Jun Liu ... [et al.] -- Emerging roles of long noncoding RNAs in gene expression and intracellular organization / Tetsuro Hirose -- Noncoding RNAs as therapeutic targets / Maciej Szymański, Jan Barciszewski -- Noncoding RNAs at H19/IGF2 locus: role in imprinting, gene expression, and associated pathologies / Nahalie Berteaux, Nathalie Spruyt, Eric Adriaenssens.
- RNA-protein interaction protocols. 2nd ed. 2008, Springer Protocols1. Isolation of a sequence-specific RNA binding protein, polypyrimidine tract binding protein using RNA affinity chromatography / Shalini Sharma -- 2. An affinity oligonucleotide displacement strategy to purify ribonucleoprotein complexes applied to human telomerase /Isabel Kurth, Gaël Cristofari, Joachim Lingner -- 3. RNA affinity tags for the rapid purification and investigation of RNAs and RNA-protein complexes / Scott C. Walker ... [et al.] -- 4. Assembly and glycerol gradient isolation of yeast spliceosomes containing transcribed or synthetic U6 SnRNA / Ken Dery, Shyue-Lee Yean, Ren-Jang Lin -- 5. Purification of ribonucleoproteins using peptide-elutable antibodies and other affinity techniques / Scott Stevens -- 6. CLIP: cross-linking and immunoprecipitation of in vivo RNA targets of RNA binding proteins / Kirk B Jensen, Robert B. Darnell -- 7. Quantitative analysis of protein-RNA interactions by gel mobility shift / Sean P. Ryder, Michael I. Recht, James R. Williamson -- 8. Monitoring assembly of ribonucleoprotein complexes by isothermal titration calorimetry / Michael I. Recht, Sean P. Ryder, James R. Williamson -- 9. Characterization of RNA-protein interactions by phosphorothioate footprinting and its applications to the ribosome / A. Ozlem Tastan Bishop, ... [et al.] -- 10. In vivo analysis of ribonucleoprotein complexes using nucleotide analog interference mapping / Lara Weinstein Szewczak -- 11. T7 RNA polymerase mediated incorporation of 8-N3AMP into RNA for studying protein-RNA interactions / Rajesh Gaur -- 12. A simple crosslinking method, CLAMP, to map the sites of RNA contacting domains within a protein / Hiren Banerjee, Ravinder Singh -- 13. Proteins specifically modified with a chemical nuclease as probes of RNA-protein interaction / Oliver A. Ken, Andrew M. MacMillan -- 14. RNA-protein crosslink mapping using TEV protease / Ian A. Turner, ... [et al.] -- 15 Structural analysis of protein-RNA interactions with mass spectrometry / Mamuka Kvaratskhelia, Stuart F.J. Le Grice -- 16. Analysing RNA-protein cross-linking sites in unlabeled ribonucleoprotein complexes by mass spectrometry / Henning Urlaub, Eva Kühn-Hölsken, Reinhard Lührmann --17. In vitro selection of random RNA fragments to identify protein binding sites within large RNAs / Ulrich Stelzl, Knud H. Nierhaus -- 18. Immunoprecipitation analysis to study RNA-protein interactions in xenopus oocytes / Naoto Mabuchi, Kaoru Masuyama, Mutsuhito Ohno -- 19. Mapping the regions of RNase P catalytic RNA that are potentially in close contact with its protein cofactor / Phong Trang, Fenyong Liu -- 20. Quantification of microRNAs, splicing isoforms, and homologous mRNAs with the invader assay / Peggy S. Eis, Mariano Garcia-Blanco -- 21. Analysis of RNA structure and RNA-protein interactions in mammalian cells by use of terminal transferase-dependent PCR / Hsiu-Hua Chen, Jeanne LeBon, Arthur D. Riggs -- 22. Duplex unwinding and RNP remodeling with RNA helicases / Eckhard Jankowsky, Margaret E. Fairman -- 23. Preparation of efficient splicing extracts from whole cells, nuclei, and cytoplasmic fractions / Naoyuki Kataoka, Gideon Dreyfuss -- 24. Designing and utilization of siRNAs targeting RNA-binding proteins / Dong-Ho Kim, Mark Behlke, John J. Rossi -- 25. The use of saccharomyces cerevisiae proteomic libraries to identify RNA-modifying proteins / Jane E. Jackman, Eric M. Phizicky.
- RNAi 2008, Springer Protocols
- RT-PCR protocols 2002, Springer Protocols
- Secondary metabolism in model systems 2004, ScienceDirect
- Selenium. 3rd ed. 2012, Springer
- Separation methods in proteomics 2006, CRCnetBASEApplications of pressure cycling technology (PCT) in proteomics / Feng Tao ... [et al.] -- Applications of ion-exchange (IEX) chromatography to reduce sample complexity prior to two-dimensional gel electrophoresis (2DE) / Malcolm G. Pluskal, Eva Golenko, and Mary F. Lopez -- Separations in proteomics: use of camelid antibody fragments in the depletion and enrichment of human plasma proteins for proteomics applications / Mark ten Haaft, Pim Hermans, and Bruce Dawson -- Novel plasma protein separation strategy using multiple avian IgY antibodies for proteomic analysis / Sun W. Tam ... [et al.] -- Immunoaffinity depletion of high-abundant proteins for proteomic sample preparation / Nina Zolotarjova ... [et al.] -- Isolation of plasma membrane proteins for proteomic analysis / Catherine Fenselau and Amir Rahbar -- New ultrafiltration and solid phase extraction techniques improve serum peptide detection / Elena Chernokalskaya ... [et al.] -- Tools for sample preparation and prefractionation in two-dimensional (2D) gel electrophoresis / Anton Posch, Aran Paulus, and Mary Grace Brubacher -- Optic nerve fractionation for proteomics / Sanjoy K. Bhattacharya ... [et al.] -- Fractionation of retina for proteomic analyses / Sanjoy K. Bhattacharya ... [et al.] -- Reducing protein sample complexity with free flow electrophoresis (FFE) / Askar Kuchumov, Gerhard Weber, Christoph Eckerskorn --Destreaking strategies for two-dimensional electrophoresis / Fengju Bai, Sheng Liu, and Frank A. Witzmann -- Proteomic approaches to the study of rheumatoid arthritis / Mikaela Antonovici ... [et al.] -- Immunoglobulin patterns in health and disease / Ingrid Miller and Marcia Goldfarb -- Difference gel electrophoresis (DIGE) / Mustafa Unlu and Jonathan Minden -- Principles and challenges of basic protein separation by two-dimensional (2D) electrophoresis / Anton Posch, Aran Paulus, and Mary Grace Brubacher -- Multidimensional separation of membrane proteins / Susan Francis-McIntyre and Simon J. Gaskell -- Structural approaches to glycoproteomics / Heidi Geiser, Cristina Silvescu, and Vernon Reinhold -- Enrichment and analysis of glycoproteins in the proteome / Nicole L. Wilson, Niclas G. Karlsson, and Nicolle H. Packer -- Proteomic analyses using high-efficiency separations and accurate mass measurements / Jon M. Jacobs and Richard D. Smith -- Middle-out proteomics: incorporating multidimensional protein fractionation and intact protein mass analysis as elements of a proteomic workflow / Scott J. Berger ... [et al.] -- Polymeric monolithic capillary columns in proteomics / Alexander R. Ivanov -- Proteins staining in polyacrylamide gels / Gary B. Smejkal -- Multiplexed proteomics: fluorescent detection of proteins, glycoproteins, and phosphoproteins in two-dimensional (2D) gels / Birte Aggeler-Schulenberg -- Glyoxyl agarose and its composite gels: advantageous alternatives to polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis for very large and small proteins and peptides and all sizes in between / John R. Shainoff -- Nuclear magnetic resonance-driven chemical proteomics: the functional and mechanistic complement to proteomics / Phani Kumar Pullela and Daniel S. Sem -- Electrophoretic nuclear magnetic resonance in proteomics: toward high-throughput structural characterization of biological signaling processes / Qiuhong He and Xiangjin Song.
- Single molecule biology 2009, ScienceDirectThe "single molecule" paradigm / Alex E. Knight -- Single molecule studies of myosins / Rachel E. Farrow ... [et al.] -- Single molecule experiments and the kinesin motor protein superfamily : walking hand in hand / Lukas C. Kapitein and Erwin J.G. Peterman -- Force-generating mechanisms of dynein revealed through single molecule studies / Kazuhiro Oiwa and Hiroaki Kojima -- The bacterial flagellar motor / Yoshiyuki Sowa and Richard M. Berry -- Single molecule studies of chromatin structure and dynamics / Sanford H. Leuba and Laurence R. Brewer -- Single molecule studies of nucleic acid enzymes / Samir M. Hamdan and Antoine M. van Oijen -- Single molecule studies of prokaryotic translation / Colin Echeverría Aitken ... [et al.] -- Single ion channels / David Colquhoun, Remigijus Lape, and Lucia Sivilotti -- Single molecule fluorescence in membrane biology / Lydia M. Harriss and Mark I. Wallace -- Single molecule microarray analysis / Jan Hesse ... [et al.].
- Single molecule tools. Part A, Fluorescence based approaches. 1st ed. 2010, ScienceDirectStar polymer surface passivation for single-molecule detection / Jürgen Groll and Martin Moeller -- Azide-specific labeling of biomolecules by Staudinger-Bertozzi ligation: phosphine derivatives of fluorescent probes suitable for single-molecule fluorescence spectroscopy / Anirban Chakraborty ... [et al.] -- Preparation of fluorescent pre-mRNA substrates for an smFRET study of pre-mRNA splicing in yeast / John Abelson, Haralambos Hadjivassiliou and Christine Guthrie -- Nanovesicle trapping for studying weak protein interactions by single-molecule FRET / Jaime J. Benítez, Aaron M. Keller and Peng Chen -- Droplet confinement and fluorescence measurement of single molecules / Lori S. Goldner, Ana M. Jofre and Jianyong Tang -- Single-molecule fluorescence spectroscopy using phospholipid bilayer nanodiscs / Abhinav Nath ... [et al.] -- Single-molecule spectroscopy using microfluidic platforms / Samuel Kim and Richard N. Zare -- Detection of protein-protein interactions in the live cell plasma membrane by quantifying prey redistribution upon bait micropatterning / Julian Weghuber ... [et al.] -- Analysis of complex single-molecule FRET time trajectories / Mario Blanco and Nils G. Walter -- Single-molecule fluorescence studies of intrinsically disordered proteins / Allan Chris M. Ferreon ... [et al.] -- Measuring the energetic coupling of tertiary contacts in RNA folding using single molecule fluorescence resonance energy transfer / Max Greenfield and Daniel Herschlag -- A highly purified, fluorescently labeled in vitro translation system for single-molecule studies of protein synthesis / Jingyi Fei ... [et al.] -- Watching individual proteins acting on single molecules of DNA / Ichiro Amitani ... [et al.] -- DNA curtains for high-throughput single-molecule optical imaging / Eric C. Greene ... [et al.] -- Scanning FCS for the characterization of protein dynamics in live cells / Zdenĕk Petrás̆ek, Jonas Ries and Petra Schwille -- Observing protein interactions and their stoichiometry in living cells by brightness analysis of fluorescence fluctuation experiments / Yan Chen ... [et al.] -- Detection of individual endogenous RNA transcripts in situ using multiple singly labeled probes / Arjin Raj and Sanjay Tyagi -- Single mRNA tracking in live cells / Hye Yoon Park, Adina R. Buxbaum and Robert H. Singer -- Single-molecule sequencing: sequence methods to enable accurate quantitation / Christopher Hart ... [et al.] -- Real-time DNA sequencing from single polymerase molecules / Jonas Korlach ... [et al.].
- ABCs of gene cloning. 2nd ed. ..........
- — Gene therapy protocols. 3rd ed. ........
- Gene transfer vectors for clinical ap...
- — Molecular diagnostics-- promises and ...
- Molecular diagnostics. 2nd ed. .........
- — Single molecule tools. Part A, Fluore...
- Single molecule tools. Part B, Super-...
- — Yeast protocols. 2nd ed. ...............
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases