Books by Subject
- ABCs of gene cloning. 2nd ed. — Encyclopedic reference of genomics and proteomics in molecular medicine (144)
- Epidermal growth factor : methods and protocols — Microfluidic diagnostics : methods and protocols (144)
- MicroRNA, cancer : from molecular biology to clinical practice — Posttranslational modifications of proteins : tools for functional proteomics (144)
- Precision molecular pathology of breast cancer — Yeast protocols. Third Edition. [3rd ed.] (142)
- 2015 SpringerSantulli, Gaetano.microRNAs in the malignant transformation process / Anne E. Sarver, Lihua Li, Reena V. Kartha, Subbaya Subramanian -- microRNA and chronic lymphocytic leukemia / Dana Elena Giza, George A. Calin -- microRNA in malignant lymphoma / Hiroyuki Tagawa -- MicroRNAs and gastrointestinal stromal tumor / Pinar Akçakaya, Weng-Onn Lui -- Insights into the role of microRNAs in pancreatic cancer pathogenesis: potential for diagnosis, prognosis, and therapy / Mohammad Aslam Khan [and others] -- microRNAs and colorectal cancer / Anna Lena Ress, Samantha Perakis, Martin Pichler -- microRNAs and prostate cancer / Sajni Josson, Leland W. K. Chung, Murali Gururajan -- microRNA and ovarian cancer / Ream Langhe -- microRNA and lung cancer / Valerio Del Vescovo, Michela A. Denti -- microRNAs and soft tissue sarcomas / Tomohiro Fujiwara, Toshiyuki Kunisada, Ken Takeda, Toshifumi Ozaki -- microRNA and bone cancer / Mary Nugent.
- 2015 SpringerSantulli, Gaetano.Exploiting microRNA specificity and selectivity: paving a sustainable path towards precision medicine / Gaetano Santulli -- microRNAs and personalized medicine: evaluating their potential as cancer biomarkers / Anne Saumet and Charles-Henri Lecellier -- microRNA and pain / Atsushi Sakai and Hidenori Suzuki -- microRNA and epilepsy / Cristina R. Reschke and David C. Henshall -- microRNA and autism / Ayyappan Anitha and Ismail Thanseem -- microRNAs and neurogenerative diseases / Lifeng Qiu, Eng King Tan, and Li Zeng -- microRNAs and Fragile X Syndrome / Shi-Lung Lin -- The emerging role of mitomiRs in the pathophysiology of human disease / Filipe V. Duarte, Carlos M. Palmeira, and Anabela P. Rolo -- microRNAs in cerebrovascualar disease / Ondřej Volný, Linda Kašičková, Dominika Coufalová, Petra Cimflová, and Jan Novák -- microRNAs and cardiovascular remodeling / Koh Ono -- microRNAs in essential hypertension and blood pressure regulation / Francine Z. Marques and Fadi J. Charchar -- microRNA and pulmonary hypertension / Olivier Boucherat, François Potus, and Sébastien Bonnet -- microRNAs in diabetic kidney disease / Arthur C.K. Chung -- microRNA and kidney transplantation / Kíra Jelencsics and Rainer Oberbauer -- microRNA and wound healing / Jaideep Banerjee and Chandan K. Sen -- Essential role of microRNA in skin physiology and disease / Damjan Glavač and Metka Ravnik-Glavač -- microRNA and allergy / Ana Rebane -- microRNA in human reproduction / Iris Eisenberg, Noora Kotaja, Debra Goldman-Wohl, and Tal Imbar -- microRNAs and hepatitis B / Yutaka Naito, Yasuhito Tanaka, and Takahiro Ochiya -- Circulating microRNAs: the future of biomarkers in anti-doping field / Nicolas Leuenberger and Martial Saugy -- microRNA expression profiling: technologies, insights, and prospects / Christine Roden, Stephen Mastriano, Nayi Wang, and Jun Lu.
- 2006 Springer ProtocolsYing, Shao-Yao.
- 2015 SpringerSantulli, Gaetano.1. A fleeting glimpse inside microRNA, epigenetics and micropeptidomics -- 2. The microRNA machinery -- 3. microRNAs in mitochondria: an unexplored niche -- 4. microRNAs distinctively regulate vascular smooth muscle and endothelial cells: functional implications in angiogenesis, atherosclerosis, and in-stent restenosis -- 5. Mechanistic role of microRNAs in coupling lipid metabolism and atherosclerosis -- 6. microRNAs in pancreatic β-cell physiology -- 7. microRNA and cardiac regeneration -- 8. microRNAs and endometrial pathophysiology -- 9. microRNA and NF-kappa B -- 10. microRNAs: key players in hematopoiesis -- 11. Regulatory roles of miRNAs in aging -- 12. Computational prediction of microRNA targets
- 2013 Springer ProtocolsKantartzi, Stella K.Microsatellites or simple sequence repeats (SSRs) have become the markers of choice for a variety of molecular studies because of their versatility, operational flexibility, and lower cost than other marker systems. Microsatellites: Methods and Protocols brings together experts in the field to cover this significant area of research. Broken in to four convenient parts, this volume delves into classical and modern methods for the discovery and development of microsatellite markers, descriptions of amplification and visualization of SSRs, automated capillary sequencers that are widely used for fragment analysis, as well as a variety of methods for the analysis of data obtained by the use of microsatellites. Written for the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Authoritative and invaluable, Microsatellites: Methods and Protocols aims at researchers that need detailed protocols for incorporating microsatellite markers into their projects and expert scientists looking to expand their knowledge of SSRs discovery, use, and analysis.
- 2014 Springer ProtocolsArenz, Christoph.Part I. Reviews -- Pathway of miRNA maturation / Michael Sand -- MicroRNA maturation and human disease / Marlen Hesse and Christoph Arenz -- Approaches to the modulation of miRNA maturation / Valerie T. Tripp, Jaclyn R. McKenna, and Douglas D. Young -- Part II. Methods -- Expression profiling of components of the miRNA maturation machinery / Michael Sand and Marina Skrygan -- Primary MicroRNA processing assay reconstituted using recombinant Drosha and DGCR8 / Ian Barr and Feng Guo -- In vivo processing assay based on a dual-luciferase reporter system to evaluate DROSHA enzymatic activity / Vera Bilan, Danilo Allegra, Florian Kuchenbauer, and Daniel Mertens -- Assaying dicer-mediated miRNA maturation by means of fluorescent substrates / Marlen Hesse, Brian P. Davies, and Christoph Arenz -- Fluorescence correlation spectroscopy-based enzyme assay for human dicer / Eileen Magbanua and Ulrich Hahn -- Detection of microRNA maturation using unmodified pre-microRNA and branched rolling circle amplification / Saskia Neubacher and Christoph Arenz -- Quantitative RT-PCR specific for precursor and mature miRNAs / Hannah Zöllner, Stephan A. Hahn, and Abdelouahid Maghnouj -- Cellular microRNA sensors based on luciferase reporters / Colleen M. Connelly and Alexander Deiters -- Identification of inhibitors of microRNA function from small molecule screens / Colleen M. Connelly and Alexander Deiters -- Inhibition of miRNA maturation by peptide nucleic acids / Concetta Avitabile, Enrica Fabbri, Nicoletta Bianchi, Roberto Gambari, and Alessandra Romanelli -- Molecular methods for validation of the biological activity of peptide nucleic acids targeting microRNAs / Eleonora Brognara, Enrica Fabbri, Nicoletta Bianchi, Alessia Finotti, Roberto Corradini, and Roberto Gambari -- Lentiviral overexpression of miRNAs / Hannah Zöllner, Stephan A. Hahn, and Abdelouahid Maghnouj.
- 2014 Springer ProtocolsAllmer, Jens; Yousef, Malik.Introduction to microRNAs in biological systems / Ayse Elif Erson-Bensan -- The role of microRNAs in biological processes / Kemal Uğur Tüfekci, Ralph Leo Johan Meuwissen, and S̮̜ermin Genç -- The role of microRNAs in human diseases / Kemal Uğur Tüfekci [and three others] -- Introduction to bioinformatics / Tolga Can -- MicroRNA and noncoding RNA-related data sources / Patrizio Arrigo -- High-throughput approaches for MicroRNA expression analysis / Bala Gür Dedeoğlu -- Introduction to machine learning / Yalin Baş̧tanlar and Mustafa Özuysal -- Introduction to statistical methods for microRNA analysis / Gökmen Zararsiz and Erdal Coş̧gun -- Computational and bioinformatics methods for microRNA gene prediction / Jens Allmer -- Machine learning methods for microRNA gene prediction / Müş̧erref Duygu Saçar and Jens Allmer -- Functional, structural, and sequence studies of microRNA / Chanchal K. Mitra and Kalyani Korla -- Computational methods for microRNA target prediction / Hamid Hamzeiy, Jens Allmer, and Malik Yousef -- MicroRNA target and gene validation in viruses and bacteria / Debora Baroni and Patrizio Arrigo -- Gene reporter assay to validate microRNA targets in Drosophila S2 cells / Bünyamin Akgül and Çağdaş̧ Göktaş̧ -- Computational prediction of microRNA function and activity / Hasan Oğul -- Analysis of microRNA expression using machine learning / Henry Wirth [and three others] -- MicroRNA expression landscapes in stem cells, tissues, and cancer / Mehmet Volkan Çakir [and three others] -- Master regulators of posttranscriptional gene expression are subject to regulation / Syed Muhammad Hamid and Bünyamin Akgül -- Use of microRNAs in personalized medicine / Çiğir Biray Avci and Yusuf Baran.
- 2009 Springer ProtocolsStuart, Jeffrey A.Biochemical isolation of mtDNA nucleoids from animal cells / D.F. Bogenhagen -- Analysis of mitochondrial DNA by two-dimensional agarose gel electrophoresis / A. Reyes [and others] -- Comparative purification strategies for Drosophila and human mitochondrial DNA replication proteins: DNA polymerase gamma and mitochondrial single-stranded DNA-binding protein / M.T. Oliveira and L.S. Kaguni -- Functional analysis of mutant mitochondrial DNA polymerase proteins involved in human disease / S.S. Chan and W.C. Copeland -- Preparation of human mitochondrial single-stranded DNA-binding protein / M.J. Longley, L.A. Smith and W.C. Copeland -- Methods for assessing binding of mitochondrial transcription factor A (TFAM) to DNA / A. Fukuoh and D. Kang -- Inducible expression in human cells, purification, and in vitro assays for the mitochondrial DNA helicase Twinkle / S. Goffart and H. Spelbrink -- Purification strategy for recombinant forms of the human mitochondrial DNA helicase / T.D. Ziebarth and L.S. Kaguni -- Methods for studying mitochondrial transcription termination with isolated components / P.L. Polosa [and others] -- Oxidative phosphorylation: synthesis of mitochondrially encoded proteins and assembly of individual structural subunits into functional holoenzyme complexes / S.C. Leary and F. Sasarman -- Reactive oxygen species production by mitochondria / A.J. Lambert and M.D. Brand -- Measuring mtDNA damage using a supercoiling-sensitive qPCR approach / S.W. Chan and J.Z. Chen -- Quantitative analysis of oxidized guanine, 8-oxoguanine, in mitochondrial DNA by immunofluorescence method / M. Ohno, S. Oka and Y. Nakabeppu -- In vitro measurement of DNA base excision repair in isolated mitochondria / M.M. Page and J.A. Stuart -- Targeting repair proteins to the mitochondria of mammalian cells through stable transfection, transient transfection, viral transduction, and TAT-mediated protein transduction / C.A. Koczor [and others] -- Construction and characterization of a cell line deficient in repair of mitochondrial, but not nuclear, oxidative DNA damage / S. Oka, M. Ohno and Y. Nakabeppu -- Mitochondrial DNA oxidative damage and mutagenesis in Saccharomyces cerevisiae / L.M. Griffiths [and others] -- Determination of DNA mutation load in human tissues using denaturing HPLC-based heteroduplex analysis / K.S. Lim, R.K. Naviaux and R.H. Haas -- Rapid identification of unknown heteroplasmic mitochondrial DNA mutations with mismatch-specific surveyor nuclease / S. Bannwarth, V. Procaccio and V. Paquis-Flucklinger -- Collection of isolated cells for studying mitochondrial DNA mutations within individual cells / Y. Kraytsberg [and others] -- Quantitative analysis of somatic mitochondrial DNA mutations by single-cell single-molecule PCR / Y. Kraytsberg [and others] -- Measuring DNA precursor pools in mitochondria / C.K. Mathews and L.J. Wheeler -- Establishment of human cell lines lacking mitochondrial DNA / K. Hashiguchi and Q.M. Zhang-Akiyama.
- 2016 Springer ProtocolsMcKenzie, Matthew.Part I. Detection of mitochondrial DNA mutations and mitochondrial DNA damage -- Part II. Visualization of mitochondrial DNA and mitochondrial DNA nucleoids -- Part III. Analysis of mitochondrial DNA replication, mitochondrial DNA-encoded protein translation and mitochondrial DNA copy number -- Part IV. Modification of mitochondrial DNA -- Part V. Purification of proteins involved in mitochondrial DNA replication and transcription -- Index.
- 2012 Springer ProtocolsBigot, Yves.Transposable elements as tools for reshaping the genome : it is a huge world after all! / Solenne Bire and Florence Rouleaux-Bonnin -- Using and understanding RepeatMasker / Sébastien Tempel -- Roadmap for annotating transposable elements in eukaryote genomes / Emmanuelle Permal, Timothée Flutre, and Hadi Quesneville -- To detect and analyze sequence repeats whatever be their origin / Jacques Nicolas -- Exploring bacterial insertion sequences with ISfinder : objectives, uses, and future developments / P. Siguier [and others] -- Methods and software in NGS for TE analysis / Cristian Chaparro and Francois Sabot -- The application of LTR retrotransposons as molecular markers in plants / Alan H. Schulman [and others] -- Individual analysis of transposon polymorphisms by AFLP / Susanta K. Behura -- Construction of a library of random mutants in the spirochete Leptospira biflexa using a mariner transposon / Leyla Slamti and Mathieu Picardeau -- Ac-Ds solutions for rice insertion mutagenesis / Emmanuel Guiderdoni and Pascal Gantet -- Engineering the Caenorhabditis elegans genome by Mos1-induced transgene-instructed gene conversion / Valérie J.P. Robert -- Genome-wide manipulations of Drosophila melanogaster with transposons, Flp recombinase, and [phi]C31 integrase / Koen J.T. Venken and Hugo J. Bellen -- The Sleeping Beauty transposon toolbox / Ismahen Ammar, Zsuzsanna Izsvák, and Zoltán Ivics -- PiggyBac toolbox / Mario Di Matteo [and others] -- Insertion site pattern : global approach by linear amplification-mediated PCR and mass sequencing / Cynthia C. Bartholomae [and others] -- Comprehensive DNA methylation profiling of human repetitive DNA elements using an MeDIP-on-RepArray assay / Eric Gilson and Béatrice Hovard -- Novel approach for the development of new antibodies directed against transposase-derived proteins encoded by human neogenes / Ahmed Arnaoty [and others].
- 2012 SpringerHegde, Madhuri R.; Hu, Peter C.; Lennon, Patrick Alan.Part 1. Current Molecular Laboratory Methods -- Specimen Collection, Handling, and Processing / Lindsy Hengesbach and John A. Gerlach -- DNA/RNA Isolation and Quantitation / Jing Wang -- Test Validation / Cindy McCloskey and S. Terence Dunn -- In Vitro Amplification Methods in Molecular Diagnostics / C. Alexander Valencia and Bradford Coffee -- Whole Genome Sequencing in the Clinical Laboratory / Tina Hambuch, Brad Sickler, Arnold Liao, Suneer Jain and Philip D. Cotter -- Estimation of Exon Dosage Using Real-Time Quantitative Polymerase Chain Reaction / Applications to Factor VIII Gene in Hemophilia A and Endoglin/ACVRL1 Genes in Hereditary Hemorrhagic Telangiectasia / Juliana Purrazzella and Arupa Ganguly -- Reporting Clinical Molecular Genetic Laboratory Results / Victor Wei Zhang and Lora J. H. Bean -- Part 2. Clinical Molecular Infectious Disease Testing -- HIV-1 Genotyping and Virtual Phenotyping / Fangling Xu and Jianli Dong -- COBAS® AmpliPrep/COBAS® TaqMan® HIV-1 Test, Version 2.0 / Tavat A. Buraruk and Charles E. Stager -- Hepatitis C Virus (HCV) Genotype Assay (LiPA) / Charles E. Stager and Tavat A. Buraruk -- COBAS® AmpliPrep/COBAS® TaqMan® HCV Test / Charles E. Stager and Tavat A. Buraruk -- Epstein-Barr Virus and Cytomegalovirus Viral Load Monitoring by Quantitative Real-Time Polymerase Chain Reaction / Su S. Chen, Seema Hai, Margaret L. Gulley and Rajyalakshmi Luthra -- Quantification of BK Viral Load / Hai Wu and Jianli Dong -- Molecular Diagnosis and Epidemiology of Rabies / Rodney E. Rohde and Bonny C. Mayes -- Pyrosequencing for Bacterial Identification / Laura Millecker and Ruth Ann Luna -- Other Pathogens of Significant Public Health Concern / Chris L. McGowin, Rodney E. Rohde and Greg C. Whitlock -- Part 3. Clinical Molecular Oncology Testing -- Gene Rearrangements Testing / Siby Sebastian, Juan Du and Rizwan Naeem -- Mutation Analysis in Cancer / Keyur Pravinchandra Patel, John Galbincea and Rajyalakshmi Luthra -- Minimal Residual Disease / Wesley O. Greaves and Rajyalakshmi Luthra -- Pyrosequencing in Cancer / Shalini Verma, Bedia A. Barkoh and Rajyalakshmi Luthra -- Clinical Applications of Microarrays in Cancer / Marilyn M. Li, Ankita Patel and Xiaofeng Hu -- Basic Theories and Clinical Applications of Molecular Flow Cytometry / Hua-Kang Wu, Hongli Chen and Peter C. Hu -- Part 4. Clinical Molecular Pre/Postnatal Testing -- Molecular Prenatal Diagnostic Testing / Joanna Wiszniewska and Christine M. Eng -- PCR Based Diagnosis of Fragile X Syndrome / Daniel J. Dykas and Allen E. Bale -- Part 5. Human Identity Testing -- Microsatellite Testing Short Tandem Repeat Profile Generation / Robin DeVille Guidry and Laura Gahn -- Parentage / Laura Gahn and Robin DeVille Guidry -- Part 6. Clinical Molecular Training -- Diagnostic Molecular Training / Peter C. Hu, Patrick Alan Lennon and Madhuri R. Hegde -- Molecular Diagnostics Point of Care Testing Training / Chang W. Lee and Peter C. Hu.
- 2010 SpringerIsaacs, William Brewster; Yegnasubramanian, Srinivasan.Genome-Scale Analysis of Data from High-Throughput Technologies / Sarah J. Wheelan -- Analysis of Inherited and Acquired Genetic Variation / Srinivasan Yegnasubramanian and William B. Isaacs -- Examining DNA-Protein Interactions with Genome-Wide Chromatin Immunoprecipitation Analysis / Esteban Ballestar and Manel Esteller -- Genome-Wide DNA Methylation Analysis in Cancer Research / Srinivasan Yegnasubramanian and William G. Nelson -- Use of Expression Microarrays in Cancer Research / Jun Luo and Yidong Chen -- Signal Sequencing for Gene Expression Profiling / Biaoyang Lin, Jeremy Wechsler and Leroy Hood -- Mass Spectrometry Based Proteomics in Cancer Research / Mohamad A. Abbani, Parag Mallick and Maryann S. Vogelsang -- Tissue Microarrays in Cancer Research / Toby C. Cornish and Angelo M. De Marzo.
- 2013 SpringerMochida, Sumiko; Stephens, Gary."This book brings together leading international experts to discuss recent advances in the regulation of presynaptic voltage-gated Ca2+ channels (VGCCs), key signal transducers that represent one of the most widely modulated proteins in the body. It is now commonly accepted that presence of the VGCC complex defines an excitable cell. At a basic level, VGCCs transduce membrane potential change to chemical neurotransmitter release at presynaptic terminals. However, on-going scientific research, presented here, in areas including neuroscience, electrophysiology, pharmacology, biochemistry and, increasingly, proteomics, has revealed the widespread nature of modulation of the presynaptic VGCC complex. This book reviews and discusses the following topics: The fundamental role of the VGCC pore-forming CaVa subunit, and some of their binding partners, in presynaptic function and synaptic plasticity. Modulation of presynaptic CaVa subunits by auxiliary CaVb and a2d subunits and by their major interaction partners, such as active zone scaffolding proteins, synaptic proteins, G proteins and small GTPases, which, together, contribute to the VGCC proteome. Work at the cutting edge of research, including how direct electrophysiology recordings from presynaptic terminals and introduction of synthetic CaVa peptides into presynaptic terminals has expanded our knowledge of VGCC function. Evidence emerging over the last decade demonstrating that VGCC subunits represent bona fide molecular targets for therapeutic drug discovery. This development is illustrated by the introduction of the CaV2.2 blocker ziconotide, which represents an important proof-of-concept, but is best exemplified by the emergence of gabapentinoids, which bind the VGCC auxiliary a2d subunit, as first-line treatments for chronic neuropathic pain. Throughout, chapters are accompanied with illustrative Tables and Figure providing a useful and comprehensive summary of the current state-of-play in this area of significant therapeutic interest. Work described here also provides a solid basis for future research in this important area." -- Back cover.
- 2002 ScienceDirectEndō, Isao.
- 2007 CRCnetBASEBulte, Jeff W. M.; Modo, Michel Mathias Jeannot Joseph.Methods for labeling non-phagocytic cells with MR contrast agents / Joseph A. Frank, Stasia A. Anderson, & Ali S. Arbab -- Cellular imaging of cell transplants / Michel Modo & Jeff W.M. Bulte -- Cellular and molecular imaging of the diabetic pancreas / Zdravka Medarova & Anna Moore -- Functional cellular imaging with manganese / Vincent van Meir & Annemie van der Linden -- Translating promising experimental approaches to clinical trials / Adrian D. Nunn -- An outlook on cellular and molecular MR imaging / Michel Modo & Jeff W.M. Bulte. What is molecular and cellular imaging? / Michel Modo & Jeff W.M. Bulte -- The physicochemical principles of MR contrast agents / Peter Caravan -- Paramagnetic contract agents / Silvio Aime ... [et al.] -- Superparamagnetic contrast agents / Claire Corot ... [et al.] -- Physical mechanism and applications of cest contrast agents / Mike McMahon ... [et al.] -- Paracest contrast agents / A. Dean Sherry & Mark Woods -- Genetic approaches for modulating MRI contrast / Eric Ahrens, Williams F. Goins, Clinton S. Robinson -- Molecular and functional mr imaging of cancer / Michael A. Jacobs ... [et al.] -- Molecular imaging of atherosclerosis with magnetic resonance / Karen C. Briley-Saebo ... [et al.] -- Molecular imaging of apoptosis / Mikko Kettunen & Kevin M. Brindle -- Molecular imaging of reporter genes / Keren Ziv ... [et al.] -- Pharmacological MRI as a molecular imaging technique / Y. Iris Chen & Bruce Jenkins -- Cellular imaging of the liver using contrast agents / N. Cem Balci & Sukru Mehmet Erturk -- Cellular imaging of macrophage activity in infection and inflammation / Martin Rausch ... [et al.] -- Cellular imaging of macrophage activity in stroke / Ralph Weber & Mathias Hoehn -- Magnetic resonance imaging in developmental biology / Cyrus Papan, J. Michael Tyszka, Russell E. Jacobs --
- 2005 Cold Spring Harb Lab PressSU Catalog (SearchWorks) Click LINK above for Print location/circulation status.Stewart, David J.; Stillman, Bruce.Cancer genetics and genomes -- DNA damage response -- Cancer biology and stem cells -- Telomeres, senescence, and aging -- Animal models for cancer -- Gene expression and cancer -- Tumor responses to microenvironment -- Angiogenesis -- Discovering cancer targets -- Therapeutic approaches.
- 2012 SpringerDawidowska, Małgorzata; Szczepański, Tomasz; Witt, Michał.Part 1. Molecular Biology of Selected Hemato-oncologic Diseases -- Molecular Biology of Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia / Małgorzata Dawidowska, Monika D. Kraszewska, Katarzyna Derwich and Tomasz Szczepański -- Genetic Mechanisms and Molecular Markers of Neoplastic Transformation in Acute Myeloid Leukemia / Agata A. Filip, Marta Libura, Sebastian Giebel and Olga Haus -- Molecular Pathogenesis of Aggressive B-cell Lymphomas / Przemysław Juszczyński and Krzysztof Warzocha -- Molecular Biology and Classification of Multiple Myeloma / Anna Dmoszyńska and Norbert Grząśko -- Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia / Anton W. Langerak and Yorick Sandberg -- Molecular Biology of Chronic Myeloid Leukemia / Tomasz Sacha, Kajetana Foryciarz and Aleksander B. Skotnicki -- Molecular Biology of Myelodysplastic Syndromes / Francesc Solé -- Myeloproliferative Neoplasms / Andrzej Hellmann, Maria Bieniaszewska, Witold Prejzner and Aleksandra Leszczyńska -- Part 2. Diagnostics and Monitoring of Therapy of Hemato-oncologic Deseases -- Flow Cytometric Immunophenotyping as Diagnostic Tool of Hematopoietic Malignancies / Łukasz Sędek, Juan Flores-Montero, Joanna Bulsa, Susana Barrena and Julia Almeida, et al. -- Cytogenetics in Hematology / Olga Haus, Anna Poluha and Katarzyna Skonieczka -- Monitoring of Minimal Residual Disease in Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia / Tomasz Szczepański, Małgorzata Dawidowska and Katarzyna Derwich -- Gene Expression Profiling in Hematologic Malignancies / Przemysław Juszczyński, Bjoern Chapuy, Małgorzata Szczepaniak and Krzysztof Warzocha -- Part 3. Molecular Procedures Involved in Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation -- Allogeneic Transplantation of Hematopoietic Stem Cells / Jacek Wachowiak -- Genetic Basis of Donor-Recipient Matching in Allogeneic Transplantation of Hematopoietic Stem Cells / Jacek Nowak and Jacek Wachowiak -- Chimerism Following Allogeneic Transplantation of Hematopoietic Stem Cells / Małgorzata Dawidowska, Katarzyna Guz, Ewa Brojer, Jacek Wachowiak and Michał Witt -- Peritransplantation Monitoring of Minimal Residual Disease in Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia / Małgorzata Dawidowska, Katarzyna Derwich and Tomasz Szczepański -- Biobanks of Cellular Material / Wiesław Wiktor-Jędrzejczak and Elżbieta Urbanowska -- Part 4. Molecular Diagnostic Protocols -- Biobanking of Cellular Material / Anna Poluha and Elżbieta Urbanowska -- Isolation of Mononuclear Cells from Human Blood and Bone Marrow by Density Gradient Centrifugation / Małgorzata Dawidowska -- Molecular Techniques Commonly Used in Hemato-oncology / Monika D. Kraszewska and Ewa Ziętkiewicz -- Genetic Methods of HLA Typing / Jacek Nowak, Renata Mika-Witkowska and Elżbieta Graczyk-Pol -- Post-Transplant Chimerism Analysis Through STR-PCR and RQ-PCR / Małgorzata Dawidowska, Katarzyna Guz, Agnieszka Orzińska, Justyna Smolarczyk-Wodzyńska and Monika D. Kraszewska, et al. -- Analysis of Minimal Residual Disease with the Use of Rearrangements of Ig/TCR Genes Through RQ-PCR / Małgorzata Dawidowska, Vincent H. J. van der Velden, Michał Witt and Tomasz Szczepański -- Molecular Diagnostics of Acute Myeloblastic Leukemia / Marta Libura, Agata A. Filip and Olga Haus -- Assessment of the Presence and the Level of BCR-ABL Fusion Gene Expression and Mutational Status in ABL Kinase Domain / Sylwia Czekalska, Magdalena Zawada and Izabela Florek -- Studies of Rearrangements and Somatic Hypermutation of IGHV Genes in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia / Anton W. Langerak, Richard Rosenquist, Paolo Ghia, Chrysoula Belessi and Kostas Stamatopoulos, et al. -- Molecular Biology Methods in the Diagnosis of Multiple Myeloma / Anna Dmoszyńska and Sylwia Chocholska -- Molecular Methods in Myeloproliferative Neoplasms / Aleksandra Leszczyńska, Witold Prejzner, Maria Bieniaszewska and Andrzej Hellmann -- Informed Consent for Participation in Research Project / Małgorzata Dawidowska and Michał Witt.
- 2007 SpringerCsermely, Peter; Vígh, László.Protein misassembly: macromolecular crowding and molecular chaperones / R. John Ellis -- The cellular "networking" of mammalian HSP27 and its functions in the control of protein folding, redox state and apoptosis / André-Patrick Arrigo -- Molecular interaction network of the HSP90 chaperone system / Rongmin Zhao and Walid A. Houry -- Organization of the functions and components of the endoplasmic reticulum / Yuichiro Shimizu and Linda M. Hendershot -- Molecular crime and cellular punishment: active detoxification of misfolded and aggregated proteins in the cell by the chaperone and protease networks / Marie-Pierre Hinault and Pierre Goloubinoff -- Chaperones as parts of cellular networks / Peter Csermely, Csaba Söti and Gregory L. Blatch -- Chaperones as parts of organelle networks / György Szabadkai and Rosario Rizzuto -- Heat shock factor 1 as a coordinator of stress and developmental pathways / Julius Anckar and Lea Sistonen -- Chaperone regulation of the heat shock protein response / Richard Voellmy and Frank Boellmann -- Mechanisms of activation and regulation of the heat shock-sensitive signaling pathways / Sébastien Ian Nadeau and Jacques Landry -- Membrane-regulated stress response: a theoretical and practical approach / László Vígh ... [et al.] -- Beyond the lipid hypothesis: mechanisms underlying phenotypic plasticity in inducible cold tolerance / Scott A.L. Hayward ... [et al.] -- Trehalose as a "chemical chaperone:" fact and fantasy / John H. Crowe -- Chaperones as part of immune networks / Zoltán Prohászka -- The stress of misfolded proteins: C. elegans models for neurodegenerative disease and aging / Heather R. Brignull, James F. Morley and Richard I. Morimoto -- HSP90 and developmental networks / Suzannah Rutherford, Jennifer R. Knapp and Peter Csermely.Also available: Print – 2007
- 2008Mendelsohn, John.
- 2015 ClinicalKeyGray, Joe W.; Howley, Peter M.; Israel, Mark A.; Mendelsohn, John; Thompson, Craig.Cancer : a genetic disorder / William C. Hahn, Robert A. Weinberg -- Oncogenes and signal transduction / Luca Grumolato, Stuart A. Aaronson -- Tumor suppressor genes / Nelson E. Brown, Philip W. Hinds -- DNA repair pathways and human cancer / Alan D. D'Andrea -- Epigenetics and cancer / Stephen B. Baylin -- Infectious agents and cancer / Peter M. Howley -- Environmental carcinogenesis / Erika L. Abel, John DiGiovanni -- Animal models : flies, fish, and yeast / Elspeth Payne, A. Thomas Look -- Genetic mouse models of cancer / Monte M. Winslow, Tyler Jacks -- Cancer stem cells and the microenvironment / Hasan Korkaya, April Davis, Max S. Wicha -- Regulation of the cell cycle / Yan Li, Olena Barbash, J. Alan Diehl -- Cell growth / David A. Guertin, David M. Sabatini -- Metabolism of cell growth and proliferation / Lydia W.S. Finley, Craig B. Thompson -- Apoptosis, necrosis, and autophagy / Eileen White, Douglas R. Green, Anthony G. Letai -- Cellular senescence / Jessica E. Bolden, Scott W. Lowe -- Role of the microenvironment in tumor initiation, progression, and metastasis / Cyrus M. Ghajar, Ana Luísa Correia, Mina J. Bissell -- Tumor angiogenesis / Brian Keith, M. Celeste Simon -- Invasion and metastasis / Swarnali Acharyya, Lynn Matrisian, Danny R. Welch, Joan Massagué -- Inflammation and cancer / Daniela F. Quail, Johanna A. Joyce -- Cancer systems biology : the future / Andrea Califano -- Biomarkers for assessing risk of cancer / Xifeng Wu, Jian Gu -- Protein biomarkers for detecting cancer : molecular screening / Susan Fisher, H. Ewa Witkowska -- Technology of analyzing nucleic acids in Cancer / Elaine R. Mardis -- Understanding and using information about cancer genomes / Paul T. Spellman, Josh Stuart, Joe W. Gray -- High-content analysis with cellular and tissue systems biology : a bridge between cancer cell biology and tissue-based diagnostics / Albert Gough, Timothy Lezon, James R. Faeder, Chakra Chennubhotla, Robert F. Murphy, Rebecca Critchley-Thorne, D. Lansing Taylor -- Molecular genetics of acute lymphoblastic leukemia / Eric S. Schafer, Judith Margolin, David G. Poplack, Karen R. Rabin -- Molecular biology of childhood neoplasms / David Malkin -- Biology of adult myelocytic leukemia and myelodysplasia / Sean M. Post, Hagop Kantarjian, Alfonso Quintás-Cardama -- Lymphoma / Owen A. O'Connor, Jennifer Amengual, Changchun Deng, Ahmed Sawas, Bachir Alobeid, Daniela Hoehn, Govind Bhagat -- Multiple myeloma / Giovanni Tonon, Kenneth C. Anderson -- Molecular mechanisms of esophageal cancer / Mario D. Terán, Ronan Kelly, Malcolm V. Brock -- Molecular basis of lung cancer / Jill E. Larsen, Ramaswamy Govindan, John D. Minna -- Molecular pathogenesis of head and neck cancer / Matthew L. Hedberg, Jennifer R. Grandis -- Colon and rectal cancer / Eric R. Fearon -- Molecular pathogenesis of pancreatic adenocarcinoma / Rachna T. Shroff, James L. Abbruzzese -- Molecular biology of breast cancer / Adrian V. Lee, Steffi Oesterreich, Nancy E. Davidson -- Molecular pathogenesis of ovarian cancer / Robert C. Bast Jr., Ignacio Romero, Gordon B. Mills -- Molecular basis of prostate cancer / Long-Cheng Li, Andrew C. Hsieh, Davide Ruggero, Kirsten L. Greene, Peter R. Carroll -- Molecular abnormalities in kidney cancer / Sabina Signoretti, Toni K. Choueiri, William G. Kaelin Jr. -- Biology of primary brain tumors / Matthew C. Havrda, Mark A. Israel -- Epithelial skin cancer / Adam B. Glick, Stuart H. Yuspa -- Molecular basis for treating cutaneous molecular / Marc S. Ernstoff -- Thyroid cancer / Steven I. Sherman -- Soft tissue sarcomas / Julie D.R. Reimann, Christopher D.M. Fletcher -- From bench to bedside with targeted therapies / John Mendelsohn -- Cancer therapeutics / William N. Hait, Eric Rubin, Joseph R. Bertino -- Natural and acquired resistance to cancer therapies / Branimir I. Sikic -- Phase I trials today / Daniel Morgensztern, Patricia M. LoRusso, Scott A. Boerner, Roy S. Herbst, Joseph Paul Eder -- Pharmacogenomics / Peter H. O'Donnell, Mark J. Ratain -- Monoclonal antibodies for the treatment of cancer / Louis M. Weiner, Rishi Surana -- Cancer and the cellular immune response / Patrick Hwu, Gregory Lizée, Yong-Jun Liu -- Cancer immunotherapy with vaccines and checkpoint blockade / Drew Pardoll -- Interferons / Ernest C. Borden -- Gene therapy and oncolytic viruses / Tanja Meyer Tamguney, W. Michael Korn, Frank McCormick -- RNA as a therapeutic molecule / George Adrian Calin, Carlo Maria Croce -- Heat shock protein 90 and the proteasome : housekeeping proteins that are also molecular targets for cancer therapy / Len Neckers, Mehdi Mollapour -- Hematopoietic growth factors and cytokines / Suhendan Ekmekcioglu, Razelle Kurzrock, Elizabeth A. Grimm -- Cancer chemoprevention / Scott M. Lippman, J. Jack Lee -- Molecular pathology / Christopher L. Corless.
- 2010 SpringerLutterotti, Andreas; Martin, Roland.Also available: Print – 2010
- 2010 SpringerMcCormack, Francis X.; Panos, Ralph J.; Trapnell, Bruce C.Clinical approach to rare lung diseases -- Clinical trials for rare lung diseases -- Idiopathic and familial pulmonary arterial hypertension -- Lymphangioleiomyomatosis -- Autoimmune pulmonary alveolar proteinosis -- Mutations in surfactant protein C and interstitial lung disease -- Hereditary haemorrhagic telangiectasia -- Hermansky-Pudlak Syndrome -- Alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency -- Marfan syndrome -- Surfactant deficiency disorders: SP-B and ABCA3 -- Pulmonary capillary hemangiomatosis -- Anti-glomerular basement disease: Goodpasture's Syndrome -- Primary ciliary dyskinesia -- Pulmonary alveolar microlithiasis -- Cystic fibrosis -- Pulmonary Langerhans' cell histiocytosis: advances in the understanding of a true dendritic cell lung disease -- Sarcoidosis -- Scleroderma lung disease.
- 2008 Springer ProtocolsMarx, Andreas; Seitz, Oliver.Basic principles of fluorescence and energy transfer / Larry E. Morrison -- Multiplex detection of mutations / David S. Perlin, Sergey Balashov, and Steven Park -- Detection of salmonella species in foodstuffs / Arvind A. Bhagwat ... [et al.] -- Identification of homozygous transgenic mice by genomic real-time PCR / Gunter Schmidtke and Marcus Groettrup -- Quantitative analysis of gene expression relative to 18S rRNA in carcinoma samples using the LightCycler instrument and a SYBR greenI-based assay : determining FAT10 mRNA levels in hepatocellular carcinoma / Sebastian Lukasiak ... [et al.] -- Absolute quantitation of feline leukemia virus proviral DNA and viral RNA loads by TaqMan real-time PCR and RT-PCR / Valentino Cattori and Regina Hofmann-Lehmann -- High-throughput real-time PCR / Thomas D. Schmittgen, Eun Joo Lee, and Jinmai Jiang -- Design and use of scorpions fluorescent signalling molecules / Rachael Carters ... [et al.] -- Hybridization probe pairs and single-labeled probes : an alternative approach for genotyping and quantification / Thomas Froehlich and Oliver Geulen -- EasyBeacons for the detection of methylation status of single CpG duplets / Ulf B. Christensen -- Quenched autoligation probes / Adam P. Silverman, Hiroshi Abe, and Eric T. Kool -- HyBeacon probes for rapid DNA sequence detection and allele discrimination / David J. French ... [et al.] -- FIT-probes in real-time PCR / Elke Socher and Oliver Seitz -- SNP genotyping by unlabeled probe melting analysis / Maria Erali, Robert Palais, and Carl Wittwer -- Molecular beacons for protein-DNA interaction studies / Jun Li ... [et al.] -- DNA polymerase profiling / D. Summerer -- Modular reporter hairpin ribozymes for analyzing molecular interactions / S. Hani Najafi-Shoushtari and Michael Famulok -- Screening of molecular interactions using reporter hammerhead ribozymes / Jörg S. Hartig and Michael Famulok.
- v. 1-2, 1985-86.Feuer, George; De la Iglesia, Felix A.
- 2013 ClinicalKeyClark, David P.; Pazdernik, Nanette Jean.Unit 1. Basic Chemical and Biological Principles -- Unit 2. The Genome -- Unit 3. The Central Dogma of Molecular Biology -- Unit 4. Regulating Gene Expression -- Unit 5. Subcellular Life Forms -- Unit 6. Changing the DNA Blueprint.
- 2002 CRCnetBASEOsiewacz, Heinz D.
- 2005 SpringerSchulz, Wolfgang Arthur.
- 2006 SpringerMartinoia, Enrico; Tamás, Markus J.
- 2008Alberts, Bruce.
- 2015Alberts, Bruce; Hunt, Tim; Johnson, Alexander; Lewis, Julian; Morgan, David; Raff, Martin C.; Roberts, K.; Walter, Peter; Wilson, John H."As the amount of information in biology expands dramatically, it becomes increasingly important for textbooks to distill the vast amount of scientific knowledge into concise principles and enduring concepts. As with previous editions, Molecular Biology of the Cell, Sixth Edition accomplishes this goal with clear writing and beautiful illustrations. The Sixth Edition has been extensively revised and updated with the latest research in the field of cell biology, and it provides an exceptional framework for teaching and learning. The entire illustration program has been greatly enhanced. Protein structures better illustrate structure-function relationships, icons are simpler and more consistent within and between chapters, and micrographs have been refreshed and updated with newer, clearer, or better images. As a new feature, each chapter now contains intriguing open-ended questions highlighting "What We Don't Know," introducing students to challenging areas of future research. Updated end-of-chapter problems reflect new research discussed in the text. Thought-provoking end-of-chapter questions have been expanded to all chapters, including questions on developmental biology, tissues and stem cells, the immune system, and pathogens."-- Provided by publisher.
- 2002 NCBI Bookshelf, Fulltext accessible by its search boxAlberts, Bruce.
- 2008Alberts, Bruce.Cells and genomes -- Cell chemistry and biosynthesis -- Proteins -- DNA, chromosomes, and genomes -- DNA replication, repair, and recombination -- How cells read the genome: from DNA to protein -- Control of gene expression -- Manipulating proteins, DNA, and RNA -- Visualizing cells -- Membrane structure -- Membrane transport of small molecules and the electrical properties of membranes -- Intracellular compartments and protein sorting -- Intracellular vesicular traffic -- Energy conversion: mitochondria and chloroplasts -- Mechanisms of cell communication -- The cytoskeleton -- The cell cycle -- Apoptosis -- Cell junctions, cell adhesion, and the extracellular matrix -- Cancer -- Sexual reproduction: meiosis, germ cells, and fertilization -- Development of multicellular organisms -- Specialized tissues, stem cells, and tissue renewal -- Pathogens, infection, and innate immunity -- The adaptive immune system. Tables: The genetic code, amino acids.
- 2008Baker, Tania A.; Bell, Stephen P.; Levine, Michael S.; Losick, Richard; Watson, James D.The Mendelian view of the world -- Nucleic acids convey genetic information -- The importance of weak chemical interactions -- The importance of high-energy bonds -- Weak and strong bonds determine macromolecular structure -- The structures of DNA and RNA -- Genome structure, chromatin, and the nucleosome -- The replication of DNA -- The mutability and repair of DNA -- Homologous recombination at the molecular level -- Site-specific recombination and transposition of DNA -- Mechanisms of transcription -- RNA splicing -- Translation -- The genetic code -- Transcriptional regulation in prokaryotes -- Transcriptional regulation in eukaryotes -- Regulatory RNAs -- Gene regulation in development and evolution -- Genome analysis and systems biology -- Techniques of molecular biology -- Model organisms.
- 2005 SpringerNaveh-Many, Tally.
- 2010 SpringerLal, Sunil K.The SARS outbreak in 2002 caused unprecedented devastation and exhibited unusually high rates of morbidity and mortality. For the SARS coronavirus, the transmission vehicle was man. What added to the spread was man's convenient, rapid and affordable ways of travel that caused the virus to spread globally in a short span of time. The SARS coronavirus jumped the species barrier, similar to many recent zoonotic diseases, avian flu, swine flu, Nipah and encephalitis virus. It is extremely important for us to understand the enemy before it strikes again in order to be able to combat such outbreaks as and when they occur. Molecular mechanisms that the virus exploits within its host and that result in infection and pathogenesis are the key to being able to block its transmission cycle. In this book, leading scientists from around the globe have discussed molecular aspects of viral entry, replication, viral gene expression, pathogenesis and host immune response against the SARS coronavirus.
- 2014 SpringerRajamannan, Nalini M.This book presents the cellular details and the basic molecular biology approaches for understanding cardiac valvular disease. It provides novel cellular targets for developing future clinical trials and comprehensive clinical discussion of this expanding field. Molecular Biology of Valvular Heart Disease will guide physicians on the potential medical therapies to treat valvular heart disease while providing a platform for cellular targeting of valvular heart disease. Residents and fellows in cardiology, interventional cardiology, cardiac surgery, and current and future valve biologists alike will find this book to be an invaluable resource for developing further interest and understanding of the cellular basis for cardiac valvular disease treatment.
- 2012 ScienceDirect2012 ClinicalKeyCarson, Sue; Miller, Heather B.; Witherow, D. Scott.
- 2008 Springer ProtocolsRapley, Ralph; Walker, John M.Also available: Print – 2008
- 2013 SpringerAllewell, Norma M.; Narhi, Linda O.; Rayment, Ivan.This volume of the series Biophysics for the Life Sciences focuses on the conceptual framework and major research tools of contemporary molecular biophysics. It is designed to enable non-specialists -both students and professionals in other fields - to understand how these approaches can be used across the biosciences and in medicine, agriculture, biotechnology, pharmaceutical development and other fields. The scope of this volume is appropriate for advanced undergraduate and graduate courses in biophysics and biophysical chemistry. The book begins with an overview of the development of molecular biophysics and a brief survey of structural, physical, and chemical principles. Subsequent chapters written by experts present, with examples, the major experimental methods: optical spectroscopy, X-ray and neutron diffraction and scattering, nuclear magnetic resonance, electron paramagnetic resonance, mass spectrometry, and single molecule methods. The relationship between the biophysical properties of biological macromolecules and their roles as molecular machines is emphasized throughout and illustrated with three examples DNA helicases, rotary motor ATPases, and myosin.The concluding chapter discusses future prospects in X-ray and neutron scattering, mass spectrometry, and pharmaceutical development.
- 2006 CRCnetBASELandolph, Joseph R.; Warshawsky, David.Carcinogens and mutagens -- Whole animal carcinogenicity bioassays -- Molecular mechanisms of action of selected organic carcinogens -- Binding of carinogens to DNA and covalent adducts and DNA damage - PAH, aromatic amines, nitro-aromatic compounds, and halogenated compounds -- Cellular oncogenes and carcinogenesis -- Tumor suppressor genes -- Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, and hepatocellular carcinoma -- Oncongenesis in transgenic and knockout mice -- Chemically induced morphological and neoplastic transformation in C3H/10T1/2 C1 8 mouse embryo cells -- Radiation carcinogenesis -- DNA microarrays and computational analysis of DNA microarray data in cancer research -- Application of proteomics in basic biological sciences and cancer -- Overview of human cancer induction and human exposure to carcinogens -- Complex mixtures of chemical carcinogens: principles of action and human cancer -- Lung cancer -- Breast cancer -- Cancer of the prostate - Mechanisms of molecular carcinogenesis -- Skin cancer: epidemiology, clinical manifestations, and genetic and molecular aspects -- Cell and molecular biology of cancer of the brain --Thyroid cancer: molecular biology and clinical aspects -- Chemoprevention of chemical carcinogenesis and human cancer -- Carcinogen biomarkers and exposure assessment -- Risk assessment for chemical carcinogens -- Prevention and regulation approaches to carcinogens.
- 2013Lodish, Harvey F.Overview: Molecular Cell Biology presents the key concepts in cell biology and their experimental underpinnings. The authors, all world-class researchers and teachers, incorporate medically relevant examples where appropriate to help illustrate the connections between cell biology and health and human disease. As always, a hallmark of MCB is the use of experiments to engage students in the history of cell biology and the research that has contributed to the field. The book contains predominantly color illustrations, with some black-and-white illustrations.
- 2000 NCBI BookshelfLodish, Harvey F.Also available: Print – 2000
- 2002 ScienceDirectSansonetti, P. J.
- 2010 SpringerLuch, Andreas.
- 2009 SpringerLuch, Andreas.
- 2002 Springer ProtocolsFan, Yao-Shan.
- 2011 SpringerDhalla, Naranjan S.; Nagano, Makoto; Oštá̕dal, Bohuslav.Calcium Overloading-Induced Oxidative Stress-Mediated Cellular and Subcellular Remodeling -- Intracellular MMP-2: Role in Normal and Diseased Hearts -- Control of the Mesenchymal-Derived Cell Phenotype by Ski and Meox2: A Putative Mechanism for Postdevelopmental Phenoconversion -- Elevated Na+-H+ Exchanger Expression and Its Role in Myocardial Dise -- Impact of Perinatal Chronic Hypoxia on Cardiac Tolerance to Acute Ischemia -- Stem Cell, MicroRNA and Redox Cycling -- Cardiac Cell Therapy: Present and Future -- Macroscopic and Microscopic Aspects of Cardiac Dysfunction in Congestive Heart Failure -- Cardiac Dysfunction and Metabolism: Unravelling the Molecular Cross-Talk -- Metabolic Remodelling of the Hypertrophied Heart -- Mechanisms for the Regulation of Phospholipase C Gene Expression in Cardiac Hypertrophy -- Molecular Changes in Fatty Acid Oxidation in the Failing Heart -- Cardiolipin Metabolism in Experimental and Human Heart Failure -- Mechanisms Underlying Development of Cardiomyocyte Hypertrophy via Na-H Exchange Stimulation -- The Structural Basis of Cardiac Dysfunction in Human Heart Failure -- Hormonal Mechanisms of Cardiac Remodeling in Heart Failure -- Modulators of Remodeling After Myocardial Infarction -- Phosphodiesterase-5 Inhibitors in Protection Against Doxorubicin-Induced Cardiomyopathy -- Molecular Basis of Pulmonary Hypertension in Left Heart Failure -- Modulation of Gi Protein Expression in Hypertension: Molecular Mechanisms -- Vascular Dysfunction in Heart Disease -- Cellular and Molecular Mechanisms Associated with Salicylate Inhibition of Intimal Hyperplasia Following Balloon Catheter-Induced Vascular Injury -- Involvement of Growth Factor Receptor and Nonreceptor Protein Tyrosine Kinases in Endothelin-1 and Angiotensin II-Induced Signaling Pathways in the Cardiovascular System -- Sarco/Endoplasmic Reticulum Ca2+ Pump Damage by Oxidative Stress: Implications for Ca2+ Entry -- Obesity-Hypertension: Leptin as the Common Link to Cardiovascular and Renal Dysregulation -- Cardiorenal Protection in Diabetes Mellitus -- Molecular Mechanisms in the Pathogenesis of Diabetic Cardiomyopathy.
- 2013 Springer ProtocolsHas, Cristina; Sitaru, Cassian.Molecular dermatology comes of age / Cristina Has and Cassian Sitaru -- Molecular diagnosis of autoimmune blistering diseases / Daisuke Tsuruta [and others] -- Molecular diagnosis of genodermatoses / Vesarat Wessagowit -- Three-dimensional visualization of the molecular architecture of cell-cell junctions in situ by cryo-electron tomography of vitreous sections / Ashraf Al-Amoudi and Achilleas S. Frangakis -- 3D visualization of epidermal Langerhans cells / Akiharu Kubo, Keisuke Nagao, and Masayuki Amagai -- In vivo imaging of lymph node lymphangiogenesis by immuno-positron emission tomography / Viviane Mumprecht and Michael Detmar -- Optical imaging of HPV infection in a murine model / Rhonda C. Kines [and others] -- Laser scanning microscopy approach for semiquantitation of in vitro dermal particle penetration / Hagar I. Labouta, Ulrich F. Schaefer, and Marc Schneider -- Analysis of cutaneous somatic mosaicism / Anna M.G. Pasmooij and Marcel F. Jonkman -- Global proteome analyses of SILAC-gabeled skin cells / Adrian Sprenger [and others] -- MicroRNA profiling during human keratinocyte differentiation using a quantitative real-time PCR method / Janosch Hildebrand [and others] -- Cell death in the skin : how to study its quality and quantity? / Roman Makarov [and others] -- In vitro pathogenicity assay for anti-desmoglein autoantibodies in pemphigus / Ken Ishii and Masayuki Amagai -- Induction of granulocyte-dependent dermal-epidermal separation by autoantibodies ex vivo / Mircea Teodor Chiriac -- Analysis of collective invasion of carcinoma cells in a 3D organotypic model / Jean Albrengues, Gerrino Meneguzzi, and Cedric Gaggioli -- Isolation of melanoma tumor-initiating cells from surgical tissues / Alexander D. Boiko -- Detection, enumeration, and characterization of immune cells infiltrating melanoma tumors / Benjamin Toh [and others] -- Analysis of cell movement between skin and other anatomical sites in vivo using photoconvertible fluorescent protein "Kaede"-transgenic mice / Michio Tomura and Kenji Kabashima -- Reconstitution of skin fibrosis development using a tissue engineering approach / Véronique J. Moulin -- Bioengineered skin humanized model of psoriasis / Marta Carretero, Sara Guerrero-Aspizua, and Marcela Del Río -- Induction of contact hypersensitivity in the mouse model / Stefan F. Martin --Generation of functional multipotent keratinocytes from mouse induced and pluripotent stem cells / Ganna Bilousova and Dennis R. Roop -- RNAi-mediated gene function analysis in skin / Slobodan Beronja and Elaine Fuchs -- Mouse models of autoimmune blistering diseases induced by the passive transfer of antibodies / Wataru Nishie -- induction of experimental epidermolysis bullosa acquisita by immunization with murine collagen VII / Alina Sesarman and Cassian Sitaru -- Animal model for cutaneous leishmaniasis / Michael R. Fischer [and others] -- Model for generation of large numbers of primary inflammatory skin-derived neutrophils and macrophages / Dominik John, Michael R. Fischer, and Esther von Stebut -- Zebrafish as a model system to study heritable skin diseases / Qiaoli Li and Jouni Uitto -- Cell- and protein-based therapy approaches for epidermolysis bullosa / Alexander Nyström, Leena Bruckner-Tuderman, and Johannes S. Kern -- RNA trans-splicing for genodermatoses / Johann W. Bauer [and others].
- 2005 SpringerViljoen, Gerrit J.; Crowther, John R.; Nel, L. H.
- 2014 SpringerHighsmith, W. Edward.Molecular Diagnostics: 12 Tests That Changed Everything focuses on specific laboratory tests and emphasizes how the availability of these tests has altered how clinicians treat their patients. Presented as a standard outline, each chapter focuses on a specific molecular test and provides background on the test and its clinical applications. Continuing with some discussion on how the test is done, interpreted, and used clinically, each chapter then concludes with a discussion of how that test has changed the way medicine is practiced with respect to the disease or condition in question. Authored by renowned experts in the field, Molecular Diagnostics: 12 Tests That Changed Everything is a valuable resource for pathologists, pathology residents, laboratory directors, development personnel, lab medicine fellows and those working in the broad area of oncology, infectious disease and genetics.
- 2006 SpringerColeman, William B.; Tsongalis, Gregory J.Pt. I. Introduction. An historical perspective on the clinical diagnostic laboratory / Robert E. Moore -- Pt. II. Basic molecular biology. An overview of nucleic acid chemistry, structure, and function: the foundations of molecular biology / William B. Coleman -- Extraction of nucleic acids / Paul N. Bogner and Anthony A. Killeen -- Nucleic acid blotting techniques: theory and practice / Terry Amiss and Sharon collins Presnell -- The polymerase chain reaction / William B. Coleman and Gregory J. Tsongalis -- Bioinformatics: computer-based approaches to genetic analysis / Sharon L. Ricketts -- Pt. III. Molecular diagnostic technologies. PCR-based methods for mutation detection / Ian M. Frayling, Emma Monk, and Rachel Butler -- Alternative methods for amplified nucleic acid testing / Deborah A. Payne and Laurie E. Sower -- Electrophoretic methods for mutation detection and DNA sequencing / W. Edward Highsmith, Jr. -- Single-nucleotide polymorphisms: testing DNA variation for disease association / Ulrich Broeckel and Martin J. Hessner -- Microarray approaches to gene expression analysis / David Neil Hayes and Matthew Meyerson -- Methods for analysis of DNA methylation / Alexander Dobrovic -- Pt. IV. Other clinical diagnostic technologies / Flow Cytometry / Joseph A. DiGiuseppe -- Medical cytogenetics / Martha B. Kaegle -- Fluorescence In situ hybridization: a major milestone in luminous cytogenetics / Suneel D. Mundle and Robert J. Koska -- Immunohistochemistry / John Hunt ... [et al.] -- Lser capture microdissection / C. Robert Bagnell, Jr. -- Pt. V. Quality assurance in the molecular diagnostics laboratory. Framework for quality assurance in molecular diagnostics / Marlene Sabbath-Solitare, Selwyn J. Baptist, and Teresita Cuyegkeng Redondo -- Verification of molecular assays / Brent L. Seaton -- Standards and standardization of molecular diagnostics / John P. Jakupciak and Catherine D. O'Connell -- Laboratory-developed tests in molecular diagnostics / Andrea Ferreira-Gonzalez and Carleton T. Garrett -- Pt. VI. Applications of molecular diagnostics for genetic diseases. An overview of molecular genetics / Elaine Weidenhammer and Gregory J. Tsongalis -- Genetic basis of neurologic neuromuscular diseases / Narasimhan Nagan ... [et al.] -- Molecular mechanisms of endocrine disorders / Amy Potter and John A. Phillips III -- Molecular pathogenesis of cardiovascular disease / Alan H.B. Wu -- Molecular diagnostics in coagulation / Enrique Ballesteros -- Cystic fibrosis / Eugene H. Lewis III ... [et al.] -- Prenatal genotyping for identification of identification of fetuses at risk for immune cytopenic disorders / Martin J. Hessner and Brian R. Curtis -- Personalized medicine / Karen McCullough -- Pt. VII. Applications of molecular diagnostics for human cancers. Molecular pathogenesis of human cancer / William B. Coleman and Gregory J. Tsongalis -- Application of molecular diagnostics to hereditary nonpolyposis colorectal cancer / Ian M. Frayling ... [et al.] -- Molecular genetic applications to the diagnosis of lymphoma / William N. Rezuke, Jr. and Gregory J. Tsongalis -- Molecular genetic abnormalities in acute and chronic leukemias / Pei Lin and L. Jeffrey Medeiros -- Pt. VIII. Applications of molecular diagnostics for infectious diseases. Molecular testing for Chlamydia trachomatis and Neisseria gonorrhoeae / Alexandra Valsamakis -- Human Papillomavirus / Theresa M. Voytek and Gregory J. Tsongalis -- Molecular diagnosis for HIV-1 / Angela M. Caliendo and Charles E. Hill -- Hepatitis C / D. Robert Dufour -- Cytomegalovirus / Angela M. Caliendo and Nell S. Lurain -- Pt. IX. Applications of molecular diagnostics for identity-based testing. HLA typing using molecular methods / John L. Schmitz -- Molecular analysis for forensic casework and parentage testing / Tracey Dawson Cruz -- Molecular assessment of bone marrow transplant engraftment / Jessica K. Booker -- Use of DNA-based identity testing for specimen identification / Andrew Ricci Jr. and Gregory J. Tsongalis -- Pt. X. Issues for the clinical molecular pathology laboratory. Genetic counseling considerations in molecular diagnosis / Myra I. Roche -- Ethical, social, and legal issues related to molecular genetic testing / Jennifer L. Herbst and Jon F. Merz.
- 2010 ScienceDirectGrody, Wayne W.Advances in genomic and proteomic profiling of disease have transformed the field of molecular diagnostics, thus leading the way for a major revolution in clinical practice. While the range of tests for disease detection and staging is rapidly expanding, many physicians lack the knowledge required to determine which tests to order and how to interpret results. This handbook provides a complete guide to the use and interpretation of molecular testing in the clinical arena. No other available resource offers this emphasis, comprehensive scope, and practical utility in the clinical setting.
- 2010 CRCnetBASEJørgensen, Jan Trøst; Winther, Henrik.This unique book provides a thorough overview of developing molecular cancer diagnostic assays, which are the prerequisites for optimal solutions within personalized cancer medicine. The book takes the reader through definitions of the pharmacodiagnostic concept, historical perspectives of the early steps into molecular cancer diagnostics linked to therapy, the basis of different diagnostic molecular techniques, ongoing research, drug-diagnostic co-development, assay validation, clinical trial methodology, regulatory issues around pharmacodiagnostics and future aspects within personalized cancer medicine.The book is the first of its kind to cover relevant subjects around molecular cancer diagnostics when used as important drivers in personalized cancer medicine. The different chapters of the book are authored by key opinion leaders, each representing their specialized areas, which provide the reader with expertise knowledge in the field.
- 2010 ScienceDirectAnsorge, Wilhelm; Patrinos, George P.Chapter 1. Molecular Diagnostics: Past, Present, and Future / George P. Patrinos, Wilhelm J. Ansorge -- Chapter 2 . Allele-Specific Mutation Detection / Aglaia Athanassiadou, Eleana F. Stavrou, Adamandia Papachatzopoulou, George P. Patrinos -- Chapter 3. Enzymatic and Chemical Cleavage Methods to Identify Genetic Variation / Chinh T. Bui, Emmanuelle Nicolas, Georgina Sallmann, Maria Chiotis, Andreana Lambrinakos, Kylee Rees, Ian Trounce, Richard G.H. Cotton, Lauryn Blakesley, Andrew K. Godwin, Anthony T. Yeung -- Chapter 4. Mutation Detection by Single Strand Conformation Polymorphism and Heteroduplex Analysis / Panayiotis G. Menounos, George P. Patrinos -- Chapter 5. Capillary Electrophoresis / Anja Bosserhoff, Claus Hellerbrand -- Chapter 6. Temperature and Denaturing Gradient Gel Electrophoresis / Hartmut Peters, Peter N. Robinson -- Chapter 7. Real-Time Polymerase Chain Reaction / Lut Overbergh, Anna-Paula Giulietti, Dirk Valckx, Chantal Mathieu -- Chapter 8 - Pyrosequencing / Sharon Marsh -- Chapter 9. Application of Padlock and Selector Probes in Molecular Medicine / Mats Nilsson, Chatarina Larsson, Johan Stenberg, Jenny Göransson, Ida Grundberg, Magnus Isaksson, Tim Conze, Sara Henriksson -- Chapter 10. Molecular Cytogenetics in Molecular Diagnostics / Holger Tönnies -- Chapter 11. Analysis of Human Splicing Defects Using Hybrid Minigenes / Franco Pagani, Francisco E. Baralle -- Chapter 12. Detection of Genomic Duplications and Deletions / Graham R. Taylor, Carol A. Delaney -- Chapter 13. Multiplex Ligation-Dependent Probe Amplification (MLPA) and Methylation-Specific (MS)-MLPA: Multiplex Detection of DNA/mRNA Copy Number and Methylation Changes / Eline M. Sepers, Jan P. Schouten -- Chapter 14. Molecular Techniques for DNA Methylation Studies / Jörg Tost, Ivo G. Gut -- Chapter 15. High-Resolution Melting Curve Analysis for Molecular Diagnostics / Jared S. Farrar, Gudrun H. Reed, Carl T. Wittwer -- Chapter 16. DNA Microarrays and Genetic Testing / Lars Dyrskjøt, Karina Dalsgaard-Sørensen, Marie Stampe-Ostenfeld, Karin Birkenkamp-Demtroder, Kasper Thorsen, Claus L. Andersen, Mogens Kruhøffer, Jens L. Jensen, Torben F. Ørntoft -- Chapter 17. Arrayed Primer Extension Microarrays for Molecular Diagnostics / Neeme Tonisson, Eneli Oitmaa, Kaarel Krjutskov, Janne Pullat, Ilona Lind, Merike Leego, Ants Kurg, Andres Metspalu -- Chapter 18. Application of Proteomics to Disease Diagnostics / Samir Hanash, Ji Qiu, Vitor Faca -- Chapter 19. RNA-Based Variant Detection: The Protein Truncation Test / Johan T. den Dunnen -- Chapter 20. Protein Diagnostics by Proximity Ligation: Combining Multiple Recognition and DNA Amplification for Improved Protein Analyses / Karl-Johan Leuchowius, Ola Söderberg, Masood Kamali-Moghaddam, Malin Jarvius, Irene Weibrecht, Katerina Pardali, Ulf Landegren -- Chapter 21. Mass Spectrometry and its Applications to Functional Proteomics / Thomas Köcher, Giulio Superti-Furga -- Chapter 22. Pharmacogenetics and Pharmacogenomics: Impact on Drug Discovery and Clinical Care / Minoli Perera, Federico Innocenti -- Chapter 23. Nutrigenomics: Integrating Genomic Approaches into Nutrition Research / Lynette R. Ferguson, Martin Philpott, Matthew P.G. Barnett -- Chapter 24. Novel Next-Generation DNA Sequencing Techniques for Ultra High-Throughput Applications in Bio-Medicine / Wilhelm J. Ansorge -- Chapter 25. Locus-Specific and National/Ethnic Mutation Databases: Emerging Tools for Molecular Diagnostics / George P. Patrinos -- Chapter 26. Molecular Diagnostic Applications in Forensic Science / Bruce Budowle, John V. Planz, Rowan Campbell, Arthur J. Eisenberg -- Chapter 27. Mass Disaster Victim Identification Assisted by DNA Typing / Daniel Corach -- Chapter 28. Detection of Highly Pathogenic Viral Agents: Implications for Therapeutics, Vaccines and Biodefense / Kylene Kehn-Hall, Sina Bavari -- Chapter 29. Identification of Genetically Modified Organisms / Farid E. Ahmed -- Chapter 30. Molecular Diagnostics and Comparative Genomics in Clinical Microbiology / Alex van Belkum -- Chapter 31. Genetic Monitoring of Laboratory Rodents / Jean-Louis Guénet, Fernando J. Benavides -- Chapter 32. Safety Analysis in Retroviral Gene Therapy: Identifying Virus Integration Sites in Gene-Modified Cells / Stephanie Laufs, Luisa Schubert, Patrick Maier, W. Jens Zeller, Stefan Fruehauf -- Chapter 33. Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis / Martine de Rycke, Karen Sermon -- Chapter 34. Automated DNA Hybridization and Detection / Bert Gold -- Chapter 35. The Use of Microelectronic-Based Techniques in Molecular Diagnostic Assays / Piotr Grodzinski, Michael Ward, Robin Liu, Kathryn Scott, Saul Surrey, Paolo Fortina -- Chapter 36. Human Gene Patents and Genetic Testing / Timothy Caulfield, Yann Joly -- Chapter 37. Genetic Counseling and Ethics in Molecular Diagnostics / Mary Petrou -- Chapter 38. Genetic Testing and Psychology / Andrea Farkas Patenaude -- Chapter 39. General Considerations Concerning Safety in Biomedical Research Laboratories / William E. Grizzle, Walter C. Bell, Jerry Fredenburgh -- Chapter 40. Quality Management in the Laboratory / David Burnett.
- 2010 SpringerDebnath, Mousumi; Bisen, Prakash S.; Prasad, Godavarthi B. K. S.
- pt. [A]-B 1993-2005. ScienceDirectpt. B, 2005 ScienceDirectRoalson, Eric H.; Zimmer, Elizabeth A.Also available: Print – pt. [A]-B 1993-2005., 1993-2005
- 2008 SpringerCheng, Liang; Zhang, David Y.
- 2013 SpringerCheng, Liang; Eble, John N.; Zhang, David Y.Molecular Genetic Pathology, Second Edition presents up-to-date material containing fundamental information relevant to the clinical practice of molecular genetic pathology. Fully updated in each area and expanded to include identification of new infectious agents (H1N1), new diagnostic biomarkers and biomarkers for targeted cancer therapy. This edition is also expanded to include the many new technologies that have become available in the past few years such as microarray (AmpliChip) and high throughput deep sequencing, which will certainly change the clinical practice of molecular genetic pathology. Part I examines the clinical aspects of molecular biology and technology, genomics. Poharmacogenomics and proteomics, while Part II covers the clinically relevant information of medical genetics, hematology, transfusion medicine, oncology, and forensic pathology. Supplemented with many useful figures and presented in a helpful bullet-point format, Molecular Genetic Pathology, Second Edition provides a unique reference for practicing pathologists, oncologists, internists, and medical genetisists. Furthermore, a book with concise overview of the field and highlights of clinical applications will certainly help those trainees, including pathology residents, genetics residents, molecular pathology fellows, internists, hematology/oncology fellows, and medical technologists in preparing for their board examination/certification.
- 1987 ScienceDirectGottesman, Michael M.Also available: Print – 1987
- 2013 SpringerMaitra, Anirban; Simeone, Diane M.Genomic Alterations in Sporadic Pancreatic Cancer / Marco Dal Molin, Anirban Maitra -- Molecular Pathology of Pancreatic Cancer Precursor Lesions / Lodewijk A. A. Brosens, G. Johan Offerhaus -- Genetic Epidemiology and Pancreatic Cancer / Li Jiao, Donghui Li -- Translational Implications of Molecular Genetics for Early Diagnosis of Pancreatic Cancer / Michael A. Hollingsworth -- The Biology of K-Ras Signaling Pathways in Pancreatic Cancer / Helen Court, Mark R. Philips, Dafna Bar-Sagi -- Molecular Targeted Therapies in Pancreatic Cancer / Edward Kim, Ethan V. Abel, Arunima Ghosh -- Mouse Models of Pancreatic Ductal Adenocarcinoma / Filip Bednar, Marina Pasca di Magliano -- The Genetics of Pancreatic Cancer Progression / Christine A. Iacobuzio-Donahue, -- Epigenetic Alterations in Pancreatic Cancer / Michael Ayars, Michael Goggins -- Innovative Technologies in the Molecular Characterization of Pancreatic Cancer / Iris H. Wei, Chandan Kumar-Sinha.
- 2007 SpringerAguilera, Andrés; Rothstein, Rodney.Also available: Print – 2007
- This searchable database is a collection of in vivo molecular imaging agents developed for positron emission tomography (PET), single photon emission computed tomography (SPECT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasound (US), computed tomography (CT), and optical imaging. MICAD, a key component of the "Molecular Libraries and Imaging" program of the NIH Roadmap, is being developed by NCBI, the National Center for Biotechnology Information".
- 2015Gambhir, Sanjiv Sam.Chapter 1. Molecular imaging -- Chapter 2. Basic cell & molecular biology -- Chapter 3. Ovreview of imaging modalities -- Chapter. 4. Molecular imaging strategies -- Chapter 5. Assays -- Chapter 6. Nanoparticle imaging -- Chapter 7. Clinical applications -- Chapter 8. Molecular imaging examples -- Chapter 10. Frequently asked questions -- Chapter 11. Useful tables -- Chapter 12. Probe structures table.
- 2011 SpringerWu, Albert M.Part 1. Introduction to Glyco-Experiences -- Serendipity in Scientific Discoveries: Some Examples in Glycosciences / Yuan-Chuan Lee -- My 30-Year Devotion to the N-Linked Oligosaccharide Structures / Noriko Takahashi -- Part 2. Blood Group ABH/Le-related Antigens -- Human Blood Group ABH/Ii, Lea,b,x,y, and Sialyl Lea,x Glycotopes; Internal Structures; and Immunochemical Roles of Human Ovarian Cyst Glycoproteins / Albert M. Wu -- Lewis Glyco-Epitopes: Structure, Biosynthesis, and Functions / Hui-Li Chen -- A Unique Endo-β-Galactosidase that Cleaves Both Blood Group A and B Glycotopes / Su-Chen Li, Kimberly M. Anderson and Yu-Teh Li -- Part 3. Lectins -- Recognition Roles of Mammalian Structural Units and Polyvalency in Lectin-Glycan Interactions / Albert M. Wu, Jia-Haw Liu, Tanuja Singh and Zhangung Yang -- Adhesion/Growth-Regulatory Galectins: Insights into Their Ligand Selectivity Using Natural Glycoproteins and Glycotopes / Albert M. Wu, Tanuja Singh, Jia-Hau Liu, Sabine André and Martin Lensch, et al. -- Glycotope Structures and Intramolecular Affinity Factors of Plant Lectins for Tn/T Antigens / Pierre Rougé, Willy J. Peumans, Els J. M. Van Damme, Annick Barre and Tanuja Singh, et al. -- The Five Bacterial Lectins (PA-IL, PA-IIL, RSL, RS-IIL, and CV-IIL): Interactions with Diverse Animal Cells and Glycoproteins / Nechama Gilboa-Garber, Keren D. Zinger-Yosovich, Dvora Sudakevitz, Batya Lerrer and Anne Imberty, et al. -- On the Differential Sialic Acid Specificity of Lectins from Different Parts of Saraca indica / Bishnu P. Chatterjee and Mainak Majumder -- Regulation of Lectin Production by the Human Pathogens Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Chromobacterium violaceum: Effects of Choline, Trehalose, and Ethanol / Nachman C. Garber, Keren D. Zinger-Yosovich, Dvora Sudakevitz, Itschak Axelrad and Nechama Gilboa-Garber -- Non-carbohydrate-Mediated Interaction of Lectins with Plant Proteins / Jared Q. Gerlach, Michelle Kilcoyne, Seron Eaton, Veer Bhavanandan and Lokesh Joshi -- Novel Concepts About the Role of Lectins in the Plant Cell / Els J. M. Van Dammes, Elke Fouquaert, Nausicaä Lannoo, Gianni Vandenborre and Dieter Schouppe, et al. -- Part 4. Structures and Functions of Glycolipids -- Role of Gangliosides and Plasma Membrane-Associated Sialidase in the Process of Cell Membrane Organization / Sandro Sonnino, Vanna Chigorno, Massimo Aureli, Anie Priscilla Masilamani and Manuela Valsecchi, et al. -- 9-O-Acetyl GD3 in Lymphoid and Erythroid Cells / Kankana Mukherjee, Suchandra Chowdhury, Susmita Mondal, Chandan Mandal and Sarmila Chandra, et al. -- GM3 Upregulation of Matrix Metalloproteinase-9 Possibly Through PI3K, AKT, RICTOR, RHOGDI-2, and TNF-A Pathways in Mouse Melanoma B16 Cells / Pu Wang, Xiaodong Wang, Peixing Wu, Jinghai Zhang and Toshinori Sato, et al. -- Pathological Roles of Ganglioside Mimicry in Guillain-Barré Syndrome and Related Neuropathies / Robert K. Yu, Toshio Ariga, Seigo Usuki and Ken-ichi Kaida -- Structure and Function of Glycolipids in Thermophilic Bacteria / Feng-Ling Yang, Yu-Liang Yang and Shih-Hsiung Wu -- Lipooligosaccharides of Neisseria Species: Similarity Between N. polysaccharea and N. meningitidis LOSs / Chao-Ming Tsai -- Part 5. Structures and Functions of Complex Carbohydrates -- Roles for N- and O-Glycans in Early Mouse Development / Suzannah A. Williams and Pamela Stanley -- Glycobiology in the Field of Gerontology (Glycogerontology) / Akira Kobata -- Galectins in Regulation of Apoptosis / Fu-Tong Liu, Ri-Yao Yang, Jun Saegusa, Huan-Yuan Chen and Daniel K. Hsu -- Avian and Human Influenza Virus Receptors and Their Distribution / Yasuo Suzuki -- Importance of a Factor VIIIc-Like Glycoprotein Expressed in Capillary Endothelial Cells (eFactor VIIIc) in Angiogenesis / Dipak K. Banerjee, Caroline M. Oliveira, José J. Tavárez, Viswa N. Katiyar and Subiman Saha, et al. -- Mucin O-Glycan Branching Enzymes: Structure, Function, and Gene Regulation / Pi-Wan Cheng and Prakash Radhakrishnan -- Studying Carbohydrate Self-Recognition in Marine Sponges Using Synthetic Aggregation Factor Epitopes / Johannis P. Kamerling and Adriana Carvalho de Souza -- Docking of Chitin Oligomers and Nod Factors on Lectin Domains of the LysM-RLK Receptors in the Medicago-Rhizobium Symbiosis / Pierre Rougé, Wim Nerinckx, Clare Gough, Jean-Jacques Bono and Annick Barre -- Part 6. Glycoimmunology -- O-Acetylated Sialic Acids and Their Role in Immune Defense / Roland Schauer, G. Vinayaga Srinivasan, Dirk Wipfler, Bernhard Kniep and Reinhard Schwartz-Albiez -- Sialylated and Sulfated Carbohydrate Ligands for Selectins and Siglecs: Involvement in Traffic and Homing of Human Memory T and B Lymphocytes / Reiji Kannagi, Katsuyuki Ohmori, Guo-Yun Chen, Keiko Miyazaki and Mineko Izawa, et al. -- Diversity of Natural Anti-α-Galactosyl Antibodies in Human Serum / Elwira Lisowska and Maria Duk -- Significance of Serum Glycoprotein Profiles in Spontaneous Tolerance After Liver Allograft Transplantation / Pei-Weng Wang and Tai-Long Pan -- Part 7. Glycobiology of Cancer -- Hematogenous Metastasis: Roles of CD44v and Alternative Sialofucosylated Selectin Ligands / Konstantinos Konstantopoulos and Susan N. Thomas -- Regulation of Glycosyltransferase Genes in Apoptotic Breast Cancer Cells Induced by l-PPMP and Cisplatin / Rui Ma, Elizabeth A. Hopp, N. Matthew Decker, Audrey Loucks and James R. Johnson, et al. -- Aberrant Glycosphingolipid Expression and Membrane Organization in Tumor Cells: Consequences on Tumor-Host Interactions / Alessandro Prinetti, Simona Prioni, Nicoletta Loberto, Massimo Aureli and Valentina Nocco, et al. -- Human KDN (Deaminated Neuraminic Acid) and Its Elevated Expression in Cancer Cells: Mechanism and Significance / Sadako Inoue, Ken Kitajima, Chihiro Sato and Shinji Go -- Polysialic Acid Bioengineering of Cancer and Neuronal Cells by N-Acyl Sialic Acid Precursor Treatment / Robert A. Pon, Wei Zou and Harold J. Jennings -- Part 8. Glyco Applications -- Synthesis of Hemagglutinin-Binding Trisaccharides / Cheng-Chung Wang, Suvarn S. Kulkarni, Medel Manuel L. Zulueta and Shang-Cheng Hung -- Fabrication and Applications of Glyconanomaterials / Po-Chiao Lin, Avijit Kumar Adak and Chun-Cheng Lin -- Glycan Arrays to Decipher the Specificity of Plant Lectins / Els J. M. Van Damme, David F. Smith, Richard Cummings and Willy J. Peumans -- Targeting C-Type Lectin for the Treatment of Flavivirus Infections / Szu-Ting Chen, Yi-Ling Lin, Ming-Ting Huang, Ming-Fang Wu and Shie-Liang Hsieh.Also available: Print – 2011
- 2010 KargerRudolph, K. Lenhard.Speakers at the Symposium / Hartmann, D. -- Hematopoietic stem cell aging and fate decision / Illing, A., Ju, Z. -- Alterations of systemic environment impair stem cell function during aging / Song, Z., Ju, Z. -- Novel insights into regulation of stem cell aging by aging of the niche and alterations in systemic factors / Geiger, H. -- Aging and hematopoietic malignancies / Gompf, A. -- Intestinal stem cell aging / Sperka, T., Rudolph, K.L. -- Molecular mechanisms of aging in muscle stem cells / Tümpel, S. -- Free radicals and stem cell aging / Guachalla, L.M. -- DNA damage, checkpoint responses, and cell cycle control in aging stem cells / Sperka, T., Nalapareddy, K., Rudolph, K.L.
- 2007 SpringerWeber, Georg F.Theories of carcinogenesis -- Physioloigic correlates of malignancy -- Cell division and survival -- Cellular senescence -- Invasiveness -- DNA repair -- Epigenetic regulation of cancer-associated gene products -- Interaction of the groups of cancer-related gene products -- Structural growth control -- The organ preference of metastasis formation -- Angiogenesis -- Interactions with the immune system -- Endocrine dysregulation -- Dormancy and minimal residual disease -- Epithelial tumors -- Hematologic malignancies -- Mesenchymal tumors -- Neurologic tumors -- Tumors of serous cavities -- Embryonic tumors.
- 2002 ScienceDirectSussman, Max.
- 2003 ScienceDirectKomuniecki, Richard; Marr, J. Joseph; Nilsen, Timothy W.Sect. I. Molecular Biology -- Ch. 1. Parasite genomics -- Ch. 2. RNA processing in parasitic organisms: trans-splicing and RNA editing -- Ch. 3. Transcription -- Ch. 4. Post-transcriptional regulation -- Ch. 5. Antigenic variation in African trypanosomes and malaria -- Ch. 6. Genetic and genomic approaches to the analysis of leishmania virulence -- Sect. II. Biochemistry and Cell Biology: Protozoa -- Ch. 7. Energy metabolism -- Ch. 8. Amino acid and protein metabolism -- Ch. 9. Purine and pyrimidine transport and metabolism -- Ch. 10. Trypanosomatid surface and secreted carbohydrates -- Ch. 11. Intracellular signaling -- Ch. 12. Plastids, mitochondria, and hydrogenosomes -- Sect. III. Biochemistry and Cell Biology: Helminths -- Ch. 13. Helminth surfaces: structural, molecular and functional properties -- Ch. 14. Carbohydrate and energy metabolism in parasitic helminths -- Ch. 15. Neurotransmitters -- Sect. IV. Medical Applications -- Ch. 16. Drug resistance in parasites -- Ch. 17. Medical implications of molecular parasitology.
- 2012 ScienceDirect2012 ClinicalKeyTrent, R. J.Molecular Medicine is the application of genetic or DNA-based knowledge to the modern practice of medicine. Molecular Medicine, 4e, provides contemporary insights into how the genetic revolution is influencing medical thinking and practice. The new edition includes recent changes in personalized medicine, new growth in omics and direct-to-consumer DNA testing, while focusing on advances in the Human Genome project and implications of the advances in clinical medicine. Graduate students, researchers, clinicians and allied health professionals will appreciate the background history and clinical application of up-to-date molecular advances. Extensively revised to incorporate the results of the Human Genome Project, it provides the latest developments in molecular medicineThe only book in Molecular Medicine to reach its fourth edition Identifies current practice as well as future developmentsPresents extensive tables, well presented figures and resources for further understanding.
- 2011 Springer ProtocolsOrgogozo, Virginie; Rockman, Matthew V.Characterizing the genome. Genome size determination using flow cytometry of propidium iodide-stained nuclei / Emily E. Hare and J. Spencer Johnston. Chromosome analysis in invertebrates and vertebrates / David M. Rowell, Shu Ly Lim, and Frank Grutzner. Genomic libraries : I. Constuction and screening of fosmid genomic libraries / Mike A. Quail [and others] Genomic libraries : II. Subcloning, sequencing, and assembling large-insert genomic DNA clones / Mike A. Quail [and others] -- Targeting regions of the genome. Reduced representation methods for subgenomic enrichment and next-generation sequencing / Jeffrey M. Good. Accessing the transcriptome : how to normalize mRNA pools / Heiko Vogel and Christopher W. Wheat. Transcriptome sequencing goals, assembly, and assessment / Christopher W. Wheat and Heiko Vogel. Rapid retrieval of DNA target sequences by primer extension capture / Adrian W. Briggs -- Measuring genetic diversity. SNP discovery and genotyping for evolutionary genetics using RAD sequencing / Paul D. Etter [and others] DNA microarray-based mutation discovery and genotyping / David Gresham. Genotyping with Sequenom / Martina Bradić, João Costa, and Ivo M. Chelo. Isolating microsatellite loci : looking back, looking ahead / José A. Andrés and Steven M. Bogdanowicz. Design of custom oligonucleotide microarrays for single species or interspecies hybrids using array olico selector / Amy A. Caudy -- Obtaining candidate gene sequences. Identification of homologous gene sequences by PCR with degenerate primers / Michael Lang and Virginie Orgogozo -- Characterizing cDNA ends by circular RACE / Patrick T. McGrath. Identification of DNA sequences that flank a known region by inverse PCR / Anastasios Pavlopoulos -- Analyzing candidate gene transcripts. Quantification of transcript levels with quantitative RT-PCR / Karen L. Carleton. Using pyrosequencing to measure allele-specific mRNA abundance and infer the effects of cis- and trans-regulatory differences / Patricia J. Wittkopp. Whole-mount in situ hybridization of sectioned tissues of species hybrids to detect cis-regulatory changes in gene expression pattern / Ryo Futahashi. Identifying fluorescently labeled single molecules in image stacks using machine learning / Scott A. Rifkin -- Testing candidate genes and candidate mutations. Experimental approaches to evaluate the contributions of candidate cis-regulatory mutations to phenotypic evolution / Mark Rebeiz and Thomas M. Williams. Experimental approaches to evaluate the contributions of candidate protein-coding mutations to pheotypic evolution / Jay F. Storz and Anthony J. Zera. Making reporter gene constructs to analyze cis-regulatory elements / José Bessa and José Luis Gómez-Skarmeta. PCR directed in vivo plasmid construction using homologous recombination in baker's yeast / Erik C. Andersen. Production of fosmid genomic libraries optimized for liquid culture recombineering and cross-species transgenesis / Radoslaw Kamil Ejsmont [and others] Recombination-mediated genetic engineering of large genomic DNA transgenes / Radoslaw Kamil Ejsmont [and others] Overlap extension PCR : an efficient method for transgene construction / Matthew D. Nelson and David H.A. Fitch. Gene knockdown analysis by double-stranded RNA injection / Benjamin N. Philip and Yoshinori Tomoyasu.
- 2015 Springer ProtocolsKukol, Andreas.Molecular dynamics simulations / Erik R. Lindahl -- Monte Carlo simulations / David J. Earl and Michael W. Deem -- Hybrid quantum and classical methods for computing kinetic isotope effects of chemical reactions in solutions and in enzymes / Jiali Gao ... [et al.] -- Comparison of protein force fields for molecular dynamics simulations / Olgun Guvench and Alexander D. MacKerell, Jr. -- Normal modes and essential dynamics / Steven Hayward and Bert L. de Groot -- Calculation of absolute protein-ligand binding constants with the molecular dynamics free energy perturbation method / Hyung-June Woo -- Free energy calculations applied to membrane proteins / Christophe Chipot -- Molecular dynamics simulations of membrane proteins / Philip C. Biggin and Peter J. Bond -- Membrane-associated proteins and peptides / Marc F. Lensink -- Implicit membrane models for membrane protein simulation / Michael Feig -- Comparative modeling of proteins / Gerald H. Lushington -- Transmembrane protein models based on high-throughput molecular dynamics simulations with experimental constratints / Andrew J. Beevers and Andreas Kukol -- Nuclear magnetic resonance-based modeling and refinement of protein three-dimensional structures and their complexes / Gloria Fuentes, Aalt D.J. van Dijk, and Alexandre M.J.J. Bonvin -- Conformational changes in protein function / Haiguang Liu ... [et al.] -- Protein folding and unfolding by all-atom molecular dynamics simulations / Hongxin Lei and Yong Duan -- Modeling of protein misfolding in disease / Edyta B. Małolepsza -- Identifying putative drug targets and potential drug leads : starting points for virtual screening and docking / David S. Wishart -- Receptor flexibility for large-scale in silico ligand screens : chances and challenges / B. Fischer, H. Merlitz, and W. Wenzel -- Molecular docking / Garrett M. Morris and Marguerita Lim-Wilby.
- 2015 SpringerDumur, Catherine Isabelle; Garrett, Carleton T.; Idowu, Michael Ola.Part I. Overview of Basic Cellular Biology -- 1. Normal molecular biology and definition of terms -- 2. Pathologic changes: Chromosomes, genes, DNA, RNA and proteins -- 3. Standard nomenclature -- introduction and brief overview -- Part II. Molecular Oncology Methodology -- 4. General principles of Oncology testing -- 5. Molecular methodologies -- 6. General principles of validating a molecular test -- Part III. Molecular testing in Solid Tumors -- 7. Lung and mediastinum -- 8. Breast -- 9. Head and neck (salivary glands) -- 10. Thyroid and parathyroid (endocrine) -- 11. Gastrointestinal and Pancreatobiliary -- 12. Soft tissue -- 13. Genitourinary system -- 14. Central Nervous System -- 15. Skin and adnexa -- 16. Common Hereditary Cancer Syndromes -- Part IV. The future is here -- 17. Application of next generation sequencing -- Part V. Quality Assurance and Regulatory affairs -- 18. Quality Assurance -- pre-analytic, analytic and post-analytic -- 19. Regulatory affairs (including accreditation) -- 20. Coding and re-imbursement.
- 2006 SpringerNickerson, Cheryl A.; Schurr, Michael J.Genetic analysis of bacterial pathogenesis -- Genetic exchance in bacteria and the modular stucture of mobile DNA elements -- Genomics and the use of genomic tools to study pathogenic bacteria -- Pathogenicity islands and bacterial virulence -- Capsules -- Bacterial cell walls -- Mechanisms of bacterial adhesion and consequences of attachment -- Bacterial invasion into non-phagocytic cells -- Bacterial protein secretion mechanisms -- Toxins as host cell modulators -- Quorum sensing: coordinating group behavior through intercellular signals -- The role of sigma factors in regulating bacterial stress responses and pathogenesis -- Two-component regulatory systems -- Oxidative stress systems in bacteria: four model organisms -- Bacterial biowarfare agents.
- 2007 SpringerLeonard, Debra G. B.Basics of molecular biology -- Molecular pathology methods -- Genetic counseling -- Pedigree analysis and risk assessment -- Bayesian analysis -- Developmental disabilities -- Neuromuscular diseases -- Molecular genetic testing for metabolic disorders -- Fibroblast growth factor receptor-related skeletal disorders -- Cystic fibrosis -- Deafness -- Coagulation disorders -- Hematologic disorders : hemochromatosis, hemoglobinopathies, and Rh incompatibility -- Cardiovascular disease -- Neurodegenerative disorders -- Skin and connective tissue disorders -- Inherited breast cancer -- Familial adenomatous polyposis and Turcot and Peutz-Jeghers syndromes -- Hereditary nonpolyposis colorectal cancer -- Multiple endocrine neoplasia syndromes -- The neurofibromatoses -- TP53 mutation and Li-Fraumeni syndrome -- von Hippel-Lindau disease -- Breast cancer -- Urothelial carcinoma -- Sarcomas -- Gliomas -- Molecular detection of occult tumor cells -- Microarray studies (Beyond histology) -- Acute myeloid leukemia -- Acute lymphoblastic leukemia -- B-cell lymphomas -- T-cell lymphomas -- Lymphoproliferations of immunodeficiency -- Myeloproliferative disorders and myelodysplastic syndromes -- Human immunodeficiency virus type 1 -- Hepatitis B and C viruses -- Viral infections in transplant patients -- Viral infections of the central nervous system -- Sexually transmitted diseases -- Respiratory pathogens -- Bacterial pathogens -- Mycobacterial infections -- Forensic DNA typing -- Parentage and relationship testing -- Assessment of chimerism in the setting of allogenic hematopoietic cell transplantation -- Specimen identification through DNA analysis -- Molecular HLA typing -- Molecular pathology laboratory management -- From research to clinical practice.
- v. 1-, 2008- Springer
- 2013 SpringerHuang, Luqi."This book reviews the latest developments in pharmacognosy, introduces a series of new views and insights, presents the hotspots and focus of the field of study on molecular pharmacognosy, and predicts a new direction of study on the resource science of TCM. Furthermore, the book also provides an open communications platform for the development of molecular pharmacognosy."--Publisher.
- 2014 Springer ProtocolsBesse, Pascale.Plant Taxonomy: An Historical Perspective, Current Challenges and Perspectives -- Guidelines for the Choice of Sequences for Molecular Plant Taxonomy -- Leaf Tissue Sampling and DNA Extraction Protocols -- DNA Extraction from Herbarium Specimens -- Analysis of Variation in Chloroplast DNA Sequences -- Mitochondrial Genome and Plant Taxonomy -- Nuclear Ribosomal RNA Genes: ITS Region -- New Technologies for Ultra-High Throughput Genotyping in Plant Taxonomy -- Development of Microsatellite Enriched Libraries -- Randomly Amplified Polymorphic DNA (RAPD) and Derived Techniques -- Multilocus Profiling with AFLP, ISSR and SAMPL -- Transposon Based Tagging: IRAP, REMAP and iPBS -- Phylogenetic Reconstruction Methods: An Overview -- The Application of Flow Cytometry for Estimating Genome Size and Ploidy Level in Plants -- Molecular Cytogenetics (FISH and Flurochrome Banding): Resolving Species Relationships and Genome Organisation -- GISH: Resolving Interspecific and Intergeneric Hybrids -- On the Relevance of Molecular Tools for the Taxonomy Revision in Malvales, Malvaceae s.l. and Dombeyoideae -- What Has Molecular Systematics Contributed to Our Knowledge of the Plant Family Proteaceae.
- 2012 Springer ProtocolsEspina, Virginia; Liotta, L. A.Tumor staging and grading: A primer -- Clinical trial design in the age of molecular profiling -- Personalized medicine: ethics for clinical trials -- Reduction of preanalytical variability in specimen procurement for molecular profiling -- The human side of cancer biobanking -- Introduction to genomics -- Genomic profiling: cDNA arrays and oligoarrays -- Genome-wide methylation profiling in archival formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue samples -- An overview of microRNA methods: expression profiling and target identification -- Antibody validation by western blotting -- Laser capture microdissection: Arcturus(XT) infrared capture and UV cutting methods -- Antibody microarrays: Analysis of cystic fibrosis -- Tissue microarrays as a tool in the discovery and validation of predictive biomarkers -- Reverse-phase protein microarrays -- Serum low-molecular-weight protein fractionation for biomarker discovery -- Mass spectrometry-based biomarker discovery -- Mitochondrial proteome: toward the detection and profiling of disease associated alterations -- Adult neural stem cells: Isolation and propagation -- Evanescent-wave field imaging: An introduction to total internal reflection fluorescence microscopy -- Construction and hyperspectral imaging of quantum dot lysate arrays -- Microarray data analysis: Comparing two population means -- Bioinformatics/biostatistics: microarray analysis -- Structure-based functional design of drugs: From target to lead compound -- Personalized medicine: Changing the paradigm of drug development -- Grant writing tips for translational research -- Inventions and patents: a practical tutorial -- Regulatory approval pathways for molecular diagnostic technology -- Small business development for molecular diagnostics.
- 2011 ScienceDirectFoxman, Betsy.The application of modern molecular genetic and biologic techniques to infectious disease epidemiology dramatically improves measurement of disease and putative risk factors increasing our ability to detect and track outbreaks, identify risk factors and detect new infectious agents. However, integration of these techniques into epidemiologic studies also poses new challenges in the design, conduct, and analysis. We examine these opportunities and methodologic challenges giving specific examples. The book will be written for the reader with limited understanding of genetics, biology and epidemiology. *Presents the key points of consideration when integrating molecular biology and epidemiology *Discusses how using molecular tools in epidemiologic research affects program design and conduct *Considers the ethical concerns that arise in molecular epidemiologic studies *Provides a context for understanding and interpreting scientific literature as a foundation for subsequent practical experience in the laboratory and in the field.
- 2006Josephy, P. David; Mannervik, Bengt.
- 2014 Springer ProtocolsGrant, Stephen G.; Keohavong, Phouthone.Array-Based Immunoassays with Rolling-Circle Amplification Detection -- Analysis of Protein Changes Using Two-Dimensional Difference Gel Electrophoresis -- Assessment of Pathological and Physiological Changes in Mouse Lung Through Bronchoalveolar Lavage -- Analysis of Clinical and Biological Samples Using Microsphere-Based Multiplexing Luminex System -- Detection of DNA Methylation by MeDIP and MBDCap Assays: An Overview of Techniques -- Screening of DNA Methylation Changes by Methylation-Sensitive Random Amplified Polymorphic DNA-Polymerase Chain Reaction (MS-RAPD-PCR) -- Strategies for Measurement of Biotransformation Enzyme Gene Expression -- Genotyping Technologies: Application to Biotransformation Enzyme Genetic Polymorphism Screening -- TaqMan Fluorogenic Detection System to Analyze Gene Transcription in Autopsy Material -- 32P-Postlabeling Analysis of DNA Adducts -- Modification of the 32P-Postlabeling Method to Detect a Single Adduct Species as a Single Spot -- DNA Isolation and Sample Preparation for Quantification of Adduct Levels by Accelerator Mass Spectrometry -- Analysis of DNA Strand Cleavage at Abasic Sites -- Premature Chromosome Condensation in Human Resting Peripheral Blood Lymphocytes Without Mitogen Stimulation for Chromosome Aberration Analysis Using Specific Whole Chromosome DNA Hybridization Probes -- Mutagen Sensitivity as Measured by Induced Chromatid Breakage as a Marker of Cancer Risk -- Pulsed-Field Gel Electrophoresis Analysis of Multicellular DNA Double-Strand Break Damage and Repair -- Detection of Pig-a Mutant Erythrocytes in the Peripheral Blood of Rats and Mice -- The Blood-Based Glycophorin A (GPA) Human In Vivo Somatic Mutation Assay -- Flow Cytometric Quantification of Mutant T Cells with Altered Expression of the T-Cell Receptor: Detecting Somatic Mutants in Humans and Mice -- Analysis of In Vivo Mutation in the Hprt and Tk Genes of Mouse Lymphocytes. (Continued) -- Quantifying In Vivo Somatic Mutations Using Transgenic Mouse Model Systems -- The Human T-Cell Cloning Assay: Identifying Genotypes Susceptible to Drug Toxicity and Somatic Mutation -- Molecular Analysis of Mutations in the Human HPRT Gene -- Simultaneous Quantification of t(14; 18) and HPRT Exon 2/3 Deletions in Human Lymphocytes -- Mutation Screening of the TP53 Gene by Temporal Temperature Gel Electrophoresis (TTGE) -- Detection of Point Mutations of K-ras Oncogene and p53 Tumor-Suppressor Gene in Sputum Samples -- ACB-PCR Quantification of Somatic Oncomutation -- Gel-Based Nonradioactive Single-Strand Conformational Polymorphism and Mutation Detection: Limitations and Solutions -- Detection and Characterization of Oncogene Mutations in Preneoplastic and Early Neoplastic Lesions -- Quantitative PCR-Based Measurement of Nuclear and Mitochondrial DNA Damage and Repair in Mammalian Cells -- The Sister Chromatid Exchange (SCE) Assay -- The Gene Cluster Instability (GCI) Assay for Recombination -- Measuring Recombination Proficiency in Mouse Embryonic Stem Cells -- Microsatellite Instability: An Indirect Assay to Detect Defects in the Cellular Mismatch Repair Machinery -- Unscheduled DNA Synthesis: The Clinical and Functional Assay for Global Genomic DNA Nucleotide Excision Repair -- Analysis of Actively Transcribed DNA Repair Using a Transfection-Based System -- An Immunoassay for Measuring Repair of UV Photoproducts -- Analysis of Double-Strand Break Repair by Nonhomologous DNA End Joining in Cell-Free Extracts from Mammalian Cells -- Bioenergetic Analysis of Intact Mammalian Cells Using the Seahorse XF24 Extracellular Flux Analyzer and a Luciferase ATP Assay -- Quantification of Selective Phosphatidylserine Oxidation During Apoptosis -- Quantitative Method of Measuring Phosphatidylserine Externalization During Apoptosis Using Electron Paramagnetic Resonance (EPR) Spectroscopy and Annexin-Conjugated Iron -- Detection of Programmed Cell Death in Cells Exposed to Genotoxic Agents Using a Caspase Activation Assay.
- 2013 SpringerDe Filippis, Ivano; McKee, Marian L.Part 1. General consideration on microorganism typing methods -- Molecular Epidemiology / Amy E. Seitz and D. Rebecca Prevots -- Part 2. Gastrointestinal Pathogens -- Enterococcus / Lúcia Martins Teixeira and Vânia Lúcia Carreira Merquior -- Listeria monocytogenes / Todd J. Ward -- Enterobacteriaceae / Steven L. Foley, Aaron M. Lynne and Rajesh Nayak -- Molecular Typing of Vibrio cholerae: Imprints in the Epidemiology of Cholera / T. Ramamurthy, A. K. Mukhopadhyay, R. K. Nandy and G. Balakrish Nair -- Molecular Typing of Clostridium difficile / Andrej Weintraub and Carl Erik Nord -- Oral and Intestinal Bacteroidetes / Marina C. Claros and Georg Conrads -- Part 3. Oral and Respiratory Pathogens -- Streptococci / Lesley McGee and Bernard Beall -- Molecular Typing of Streptococcus mutans / Kazuhiko Nakano, Ichiro Nakagawa, Satu Alaluusua and Takashi Ooshima -- Genotyping of Periodontal Anaerobic Bacteria in Relationship to Pathogenesis / Masae Kuboniwa and Atsuo Amano -- Molecular Typing of Nontuberculous Mycobacteria / Jakko van Ingen and Dick van Soolingen -- Molecular Typing of Neisseria meningitidis / Muhamed-Kheir Taha and Ala-Eddine Deghmane -- Molecular Typing in Bacterial Infections Haemophilus spp. / Marina Cerquetti -- Moraxella / Nevada M. Pingault and Thomas V. Riley -- Legionella pneumophila Typing / Christophe Ginevra -- Mycoplasma and Ureaplasma / Ken B. Waites, Li Xiao, Vanya Paralanov, Rose M. Viscardi and John I. Glass -- Corynebacterium diphtheriae / Igor Mokrousov -- Burkholderia / Pavel Drevinek and Eshwar Mahenthiralingam -- Part 4. Urogenital Pathogens -- Treponema / Allan Pillay -- Chlamydiaceae / Troy Skwor and Deborah Dean -- Part 5. Vector borne Pathogens -- Borreliae / Dionysios Liveris, Klára Hanincová and Ira Schwartz -- Erysipelothrix / Yumiko Imada -- Part 6. Pathogens causing Healthcare-Associated Infection -- Staphylococci / Jodi A. Lindsay -- Molecular Typing Methods for the Genus Pseudomonas / Balázs Libisch -- Part 7. Emerging and Reemerging Pathogens -- Acinetobacter baumannii / Lenie Dijkshoorn -- Molecular Typing of Coxiella burnetii: A Review of Available Methods with Major Focus on PCR-Based Techniques / V. Boldis, E. Spitalska and R. Toman.
- 2013 SpringerModrow, Susanne.The book gives a comprehensive overview on the knowledge of virus infection relevant for humans and animals. For each virus family the molecular details of the virus particle and the viral replication cycle are described. In the case of virus types with relevance for human and/or animal health the data on molecular biology, genetics and virus-cell interaction are combined with those concerning, pathogenesis, epidemiology, clinics, prevention and therapy.
- 2013Kuriyan, John; Konforti, Boyana B.; Wemmer, David E."Key to making future advances in the areas of biochemistry and molecular medicine is a new generation of molecular biologists and biochemists who are able to harness the tools and insights of physics and chemistry to exploit the emergence of genomic and systems-level information in biology.The basic ideas of energy, entropy, equilibrium thermodynamics, transport processes and reaction kinetics are closely related to exciting issues in contemporary biology, such as protein folding, chaperones and prion diseases, DNA polymerase and ribosome fidelity, DNA recognition, drug design, signal transduction, ion channel function, motor protein action and the versatility of enzyme mechanism." ... "Molecules of Life" ... deepens our understanding of how life functions by illuminating the physical principles underpinning biological phenomena." --Excerpts from publisher notes.
- 2014 Springer ProtocolsCoppola, Vincenzo; Singh, Shree Ram.
- 2015 Springer ProtocolsWeissert, Robert.Positional gene cloning in experimental populations / Maja Jagodic and Pernilla Stridh - - Generation of transgenic rats using lentiviral vectors / Holger M. Reichard and Henrike J. Fischer -- DNA vaccination techniques / Nicolas Fissolo, Xavier Montalban, and Manuel Comabella -- Peripheral blood mononuclear cells : isolation, freezing, thawing, and culture / Christine Riedhammer, Dagmar Halbritter, and Robert Weissert -- ELISPOT techniques / Niannian Ji and Thomas G. Forsthuber -- Isolation of central nervous system (CNS) infiltrating cells / Ilgiz A. Mufazalov and Ari Waisman -- Methods for ex vivo analysis of immune cell function from the central nervous system / Darryl G. Turner ... [et al.] -- Neurofilament light chain determination from peripheral blood samples / Marguerite Limberg ... [et al.] -- Detection of autoantibodies against myelin oligodendrocyte glycoprotein in multiple sclerosis and related diseases / Melania Spadaro and Edgar Meinl -- Myelinating cultures : an in vitro tool to identify demyelinating and axopathic autoantibodies / Maren Lindner and Christopher Linington -- In vivo visualization of (auto-) immune processes in the central nervous system of rodents / Christian Schlager ... [et al.] -- Optical coherence tomography to assess neurodegeneration in multiple sclerosis / Axel Petzold -- Experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis in mice / Rachael L. Terry, Igal Ifergan, and Stephen D. Miller -- Actively induced experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis in rats / Robert Weissert -- Experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis in marmosets / S. Anwar Jagessar ... [et al.]-- Neuropathological techniques to investigate CNS pathology in experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis (EAE) / Karin Steinbach and Doron Merkler -- Neuropathological techniques to investigate central nervous system sections in multiple sclerosis / Jan Bauer and Hans Lassmann.
- Anderson, Louise V. B.; Bushby, Katherine M. D.Application of Molecular Methodologies in Muscular Dystrophies / Katharine M. Bushby, Louise V. Anderson -- Clinical Examination as a Tool for Diagnosis: Historical Perspective / David Gardner-Medwin -- Histopathological Diagnosis of Muscular Dystrophies / Margaret A. Johnson -- Serum Creatine Kinase in Progressive Muscular Dystrophies / Mayana Zatz, Mariz Vainzof, Maria Rita Passos-Bueno -- Deletion and Duplication Analysis in Males Affected with Duchenne or Becker Muscular Dystrophy / Ann Curtis, Daisy Haggerty -- Point Mutation Detection in the Dystrophin Gene / Johan T. Dunnen -- DNA-Based Techniques for Detection of Carriers of Duchenne and Becker Muscular Dystrophy / Egbert Bakker -- Fluorescence In Situ Hybridization Analysis for Carrier Detection in Duchenne/Becker Muscular Dystrophy / Jonathan K. Dore, Helen M. Kingston -- DNA- Based Prenatal Diagnosis for Duchenne and Becker Muscular Dystrophy / Ann Curtis, Daisy Haggerty -- Molecular Diagnosis and Genetic Counseling of the Manifesting Carrier of Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy / Eric P. Hoffman, James Giron -- Mutation Analysis of X-Linked Emery-Dreifuss Muscular Dystrophy Gene / Daniela Toniolo.
- 2013 Springer ProtocolsSodir, Nicole M.; Soucek, Laura.
- 2008 Springer ProtocolsBrown, Amanda Claire; Parish, Tanya.Isolation of Mycobacterium species genomic DNA / John T. Belisle, Spencer B. Mahaffey, and Preston J. Hill -- Isolation of mycobacterial RNA / Tige R. Rustad [and others] -- Lipoglycans of Mycobacterium tuberculosis : isolation, purification, and characterization / Libin Shi, Jordi B. Torrelles, and Delphi Chatterjee -- Analyzing lipid metabolism : activation and [beta]-oxidation of fatty acids / Paul Robert Wheeler -- Whole genome analysis using microarrays / S.J. Waddell, J. Hinds, and P.D. Butcher -- Use of DNA microarrays to study global patterns of gene expression / Roberta Provvedi, Giorgio Palù, and Riccardo Manganelli -- Two-dimensional gel electrophoresis-based proteomics of mycobacteria / Jens Mattow [and others] -- Transport assays and permeability in pathogenic mycobacteria / Marie-Antoinette Lanéelle and Mamadou Daffé -- Continuous culture of mycobacteria / Joanna Bacon and Kim A. Hatch -- Measuring minimum inhibitory concentrations in mycobacteria / Frederick A. Sirgel, Ian J.F. Wiid, and Paul D. van Helden -- Rapid screening of inhibitors of Mycobacterium tuberculosis growth using tetrazolium salts / Anita G. Amin [and others] -- Electroporation of mycobacteria / Renan Goude and Tanya Parish -- Ins and outs of mycobacterial plasmids / Farahnaz Movahedzadeh and Wilbert Bitter -- The use of temperature-sensitive plasmids in mycobacteria / Damien Portevin, Wladimir Malaga, and Christophe Guilhot -- Heterologous expression of genes in mycobacteria / James A. Triccas and Anthony A. Ryan -- Inducible expression systems for mycobacteria / Christopher M. Sassetti -- Assaying promoter activity using LacZ and GFP as reporters / Paul Carroll and Jade James -- Construction of unmarked deletion mutants in mycobacteria / Houhui Song, Frank Wolschendorf, and Michael Niederweis -- Construction of targeted mycobacterial mutants by homologous recombination / Sharon L. Kendall and Rosangela Frita -- Phage transposon mutagenesis / M. Sloan Siegrist and Eric J. Rubin -- Gene essentiality testing in Mycobacterium smegmatis using specialized transduction / Apoorva Bhatt and William R. Jacobs, Jr. -- Gene switching and essentiality testing / Amanda Claire Brown -- Insertion element IS6110-based restriction fragment length polymorphism genotyping of Mycobacterium tuberculosis / Robin M. Warren, Paul D. van Helden, and Nicolaas C. Gey van Pittius -- Typing Mycobacterium tuberculosis using variable number tandem repeat analysis / T.J. Brown, V.N. Nikolayevskyy, and F.A. Drobniewski -- Molecular detection of drug-resistant Mycobacterium tuberculosis with a scanning-frame oligonucleotide microarray / Dmitriy V. Volokhov [and others] -- MycoDB : an online database for comparative genomics of the mycobacteria and related organisms / Roy R. Chaudhuri -- Environmental amoebae and mycobacterial pathogenesis / Melanie Harriff and Luiz E. Bermudez.
- Parish, Tanya; Stoker, Neil G.Plasmid vectors / N. Casali and S. Ehrt -- Isolation of DNA from Mycobacterium tubercolosis / P.D. Helden [and others] -- Extraction of RNA from intracellular Mycobacterium tuberculosis / I.M. Monahan, J.A. Mangan and P.D. Butcher -- Transposon mutagenesis in mycobacteria using conditionally replicating mycobacteriophages / S.S. Bardarov, S.S. Bardarov and W.R. Jacobs -- Gene replacement and transposon delivery using the negative selection marker sac B / M. Jackson [and others] -- Gene replacement using pretreated DNA / B.G. Gordhan and T. Parish -- Gene replacement in Mycobacterium tuberculosis and Mycobacterium bovis BCG using rpsl as a dominant negative selectable marker / P. Sander, B. Springer and E.C. Böttger -- Transcription start-site mapping / F. Movahedzadeh, J.A. Gonzalez-Y-Merchand and R.A. Cox -- Fluorescence and Brightfield cytology of live M. tuberculosis cells / R.P. Cooney, N.J. Garton and M.R. Barer -- Phage replication technology for diagnosis and drug susceptibility testing / R. McNerney -- Detection of mutations in Mycobacterium tuberculosis by a dot blot hybridization strategy / T.C. Victor and P.D. Helden -- Restriction fragment length polymorphism typing of mycobacteria / D. Soolingen, P.E.W. Haas and K. Kremer -- Preparation of culture filtrate proteins from Mycobacterium tuberculosis / I. Rosenkrands and P. Andersen -- Analysis of the capsule of Mycobacterium tuberculosis / M. Daffé and M.-A. Lanée -- Analysis of the lipids of Mycobacterium tuberculosis / R.A. Slayden and C.E. Barry -- In vitro model of hypoxically induced nonreplicating persistence of Mycobacterium tuberculosis / L.G. Wayne -- 17 macrophage virulence assays / P.T. Lukey and E.U. Hooker -- Analysis of mycobacterium -infected macrophages by immunoelectron microscopy and cell fractionation / W. Beatty and D.G. Russell -- Real time PCR using molecular beacons / R. Manganelli, S. Tyagi and I. Smith -- Electronic access to Mycobacterium tuberculosis sequence data / J. Parkhill -- Proteomics / J.C. Betts and M.A. Smith -- Functional genomics of Mycobacterium tuberculosis using DNA microarrays / M. Wilson [and others] -- Storage of mycobacterial strains / K. Kremer, T. Laan and D. Soolingens -- Safety in the laboratory / H. Alderton and D. Smith.
- 2012 CRCnetBASEEvdokimov, I︠U︡. M.; Salyanov, V. I.; Skuridin, S. G."Written for chemists, physicists, molecular biologists, and students in related fields, this reference covers information presently available on the specific properties of metallic nanoparticles, and compares their properties with those related to nanoobjects formed by biological molecules. It also discloses details of formation and physic-chemical peculiarities of the DNA nanostructures and DNA-based nanoconstructions. Timely in publication, the reference contains more DNA physics and molecular biology than other published titles. Authors discuss how nucleic acid molecules and their complexes with chemical and biologically active compounds are of great interest in the development of various nanoscale systems and devices of practical importance"-- Provided by publisher.
- 2014 CRCnetBASEMucignat-Caretta, Carla.Chapter 1. Introduction to chemical signaling in vertebrates and invertebrates / Tristram D. Wyatt -- chapter 2. Pheromones and general odor perception in insects / Michel Renou -- chapter 3. First investigation of the semiochemistry of South African dung beetle species / Barend (Ben) Victor Burger -- chapter 4. Pheromone reception in insects : the example of silk moths / Karl-Ernst Kaissling -- chapter 5. Chemical communication in the honey bee society / Laura Bortolotti and Cecilia Costa -- chapter 6. Drosophila pheromones : from reception to perception / Wynand van der Goes van Naters -- chapter 7. How drosophila detect volatile pheromones : signaling, circuits, and behavior / Samarpita Sengupta and Dean P. Smith -- chapter 8. Chemical signaling in amphibians / Sarah K. Woodley -- chapter 9. Vomeronasal organ : a short history of discovery and an account of development and morphology in the mouse / Carlo Zancanaro -- chapter 10. Vomeronasal receptors and signal transduction in the vomeronasal organ of mammals / Simona Francia, Simone Pifferi, Anna Menini, and Roberto Tirindelli -- chapter 11. Central processing of intraspecific chemical signals in mice / Carla Mucignat-Caretta -- chapter 12. Molecular and neural mechanisms of pheromone reception in the rat vomeronasal system and changes in the pheromonal reception by the maturation and sexual experiences / Makoto Kashiwayanagi -- chapter 13. Social cues, adult neurogenesis, and reproductive behavior / Paolo Peretto and Raúl G. Paredes -- chapter 14. Influence of cat odor on reproductive behavior and physiology in the house mouse (mus musculus) / Vera V. Voznessenskaya -- chapter 15. Pheromone of tiger and other big cats / Mousumi Poddar-Sarkar and Ratan Lal Brahmachary -- chapter 16. Cattle pheromones / Govindaraju Archunan, Swamynathan Rajanarayanan, and Kandasamy Karthikeyan -- chapter 17. Pheromones for newborns / Benoist Schaal -- chapter 18. Pheromone processing in relation to sex and sexual orientation / Ivanka Savic -- chapter 19. Human pheromones : do they exist? / Richard L. Doty.
- 2010 SpringerBlatt, Gene J.Autism Spectrum Disorders: Clinical and Medical Perspectives -- The Male Prevalence in Autism Spectrum Disorders: Hypotheses on its Neurobiological Basis -- Neuroanatomical-Behavioral Correlates in Autism: A Working Hypothesis -- The Morphology of Minicolumns -- The Developmental Neuropathology of Autism -- Understanding Alterations During Human Brain Development with Molecular Imaging: Role in Determining Serotonin and GABA Mechanisms in Autism -- Glutamic Acid Decarboxylase (GAD) as a Biomarker of GABAergic Activity in Autism: Impact on Cerebellar Circuitry and Function -- Epigenetic Dysregulation of 15q11-13 GABAA Receptor Genes in Autism -- Cholinergic Component of Autism Spectrum Disorder -- Oxytocin and Autism -- The Role of the Noradrenergic System in Autism Spectrum Disorders -- Oxidative Stress in Autism and Its Implications for Dopamine-Stimulated Phospholipid Methylation -- Neuroligins and Neurexins: Synaptic Bridges Implicated in Autism -- The Neurophysical Chemistry of Autism: Postulates from Intelligence Modeling -- Pharmacological Treatment of Autism.
- 2012 SpringerCooper, David N.; Upadhyaya, M.Neurofibromatosis type 1 (NF1), caused by mutational inactivation of the NF1 tumour suppressor gene, is one of the most common dominantly inherited human disorders, affecting 1 in 3000 individuals worldwide. This book presents in concise fashion, but as comprehensively as possible, our current state of knowledge on the molecular genetics, molecular biology and cellular biology of this tumour predisposition syndrome. Written by internationally recognized experts in the field, the 44 chapters that constitute this edited volume provide the reader with a broad overview of the clinical features of the disease, the structure and expression of the NF1 gene, its germ line and somatic mutational spectra and genotype-phenotype relationships, the structure and function of its protein product (neurofibromin), NF1 modifying loci, the molecular pathology of NF1-associated tumours, animal models of the disease, psycho-social aspects and future prospects for therapeutic treatment.Neurofibromatosis Type 1: Molecular and Cellular Biology will be of great value to medical geneticists, molecular and cellular biologists, oncologists, dermatologists, neurologists, genetic counsellors and general practitioners alike.
- 2015 Springer ProtocolsLossi, Laura; Merighi, Adalberto.Neuronal cell death : an overview of its different forms in central and peripheral neurons / Laura Lossi, Claudia Castagna, and Adalberto Merighi -- Cell volume regulation monitored with combined epifluorescence and digital holographic microscopy / Nicolas Pavillon and Pierre Marquet -- Flow cytometric analysis of DNA synthesis and apoptosis in central nervous system using fresh cell nuclei / Noelia López-Sánchez and José M. Frade -- Nuclear signs of pre-neurodegeneration / Fernando C. Baltanás ... [et al.] -- Multi-parametric O2 imaging in three-dimensional neural cell models with the phosphorescent probes / Ruslan I. Dmitriev and Dmitri B. Papkovsky -- Calcium imaging in neuron cell death / María Calvo, Carlos Villalobos, and Lucía Núñez -- Monitoring mitochondrial membranes permeability in live neurons and mitochondrial swelling through electron microscopy analysis / Macarena S. Arrázola and Nibaldo C. Inestrosa -- Real-time visualization of caspase-3 activation by fluorescence resonance energy transfer (FRET) / Silvia Alasia ... [et al.] -- Design and cloning of short hairpin RNAs (shRNAs) into a lentiviral silencing vector to study the function of selected proteins in neuronal apoptosis / Nadia Canu -- Genomic analysis using affymetrix standard microarray genechips (169 format) in degenerate murine retina / Sook Hyun Chung , Weiyong Shen , and Mark Gillies -- Genomic analysis of transcriptional changes underlying neuronal apoptosis / Sebastiano Cavallaro -- High-throughput cell death assays / Matthew E. Pamenter and Gabriel G. Haddad -- Staining of dead neurons by the golgi method in autopsy material / Stavros J. Baloyannis -- Image analysis algorithms for immunohistochemical assessment of cell death / Stan Krajewski ... [et al.] -- In vitro oxygen-glucose deprivation to study ischemic cell death / Carla I. Tasca, Tharine Dal-Cim, and Helena Cimarosti -- Laser microbeam targeting of single nerve axons in cell culture / Nicholas Hyun , Linda Z. Shi , and Michael W. Berns -- Real-time imaging of retinal cell apoptosis by confocal scanning laser ophthalmoscopy / Eduardo M. Normando ... [et al.] -- Targeted toxicants to dopaminergic neuronal cell death / Huajun Jin ... [et al.] -- Stem cells, neural progenitors, and engineered stem cells / Raj R. Rao and Shilpa Iyer -- Herpes simplex virus type 1 (HSV-1)-derived recombinant vectors for gene transfer and gene therapy / Peggy Marconi , Cornel Fraefel, and Alberto L. Epstein -- Herpes simplex virus type 1 (HSV-1)-derived amplicon vectors for gene transfer and gene therapy / Cornel Fraefel Peggy Marconi, and Alberto L. Epstein -- Bone marrow transplantation for research and regenerative therapies in the central nervous system / David Díaz, José Ramón Alonso, and Eduardo Weruaga -- Detection of activated caspase-8 in injured spinal axons by using fluorochrome-labeled inhibitors of caspases (FLICA) / Antón Barreiro-Iglesias and Michael I. Shifman -- Generation of zebrafish models by CRISPR/Cas9 genome editing / Alexander Hruscha and Bettina Schmid -- In vivo assessment of neuronal cell death in Drosophila / Pierre Dourlen -- Drosophila model for studying phagocytosis following neuronal cell death / Boris Shklyar, Flonia Levy-Adam, and Estee Kurant.
- 2012 SpringerBeaudeau, François; Cabaret, Jacques; Morand, S.Methods and tools in molecular epidemiology -- Molecular typing of bacterial pathogens: a tool for the epidemiological study and control of infectious diseases -- Contribution of population genetics -- Molecular epidemiology and evolutionary genetics of infectious diseases -- Population genetics and molecular epidemiology of infectious diseases -- Contribution of population and evolutionary epidemiology -- Modelling the dynamics of host-parasite interactions: basic principles -- Evolution of virulence: intuitions and models -- Case studies -- Molecular epidemiology of tuberculosis -- Pneumocystis molecular phylogeny: a way to understand both pneumocystosis natural histry and host taxonomy -- Hantavirus genetic diversity -- New integrations -- Nasal carriage of methicillin-resistant coagulase-negative staphylocococci: a reservoir of mecA gene for Staphylococcus aureus -- Molecular knowledge of mechanisms of helminth resistance: importance for diagnostic and epidemiology -- Molecular epidemiology of disease resistance genes with perspectives for researches on biological invasions and hybrid zones -- How does biodiversity influence the ecology of infectious disease? -- Epidemiological interaction at the wildlife/livestock/human interface: can we anticipate emerging infectious diseases in their hotspots? A framework for understanding emerging diseases processes in their hot spots.
- 2009 SpringerAdachi, Mitsuru; Nose, Kiyoshi; Ohmori, Tohru; Tachikawa, Tetsuhiko.
- 2013 SpringerChoudhry, Hani; Wu, Wei.Introduction: next generation sequencing technology and cancer research -- The majority of total nuclear-encoded non-ribosomal RNA in a human cell is dark matter unannotated RNA -- Total RNA-seq of breast cancer in hypoxia -- Altered antisense-to-sense transcript ratios in breast cancer -- Identification of piRNAs in Hela cells by massive parallel sequencing -- Discovery of new microRNAs by small RNAome deep sequencing in childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia -- Whole-Exome Sequencing Identifies FAM20A Mutations as a Cause of Amelogenesis Imperfecta and Gingival Hyperplasia Syndrome -- Whole-exome sequencing in CIC and IDH1/2 contributing to human oligodendroglioma -- Genetic and structural variation in the gastric cancer kinome revealed through targeted deep sequencing -- Tumour evolution inferred by single-cell sequencing -- Characterization of the single-cell transcriptional landscape by highly multiplex RNA-seq -- Tracing the derivation of embryonic stem cells from the inner cell mass by single-cell RNASeq analysis -- Whole genome DNA methylation analysis based on high throughput sequencing technology -- Comparative methylome analysis of benign and malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumors -- High-resolution genome-wide mapping of HIF-binding sites by ChIP-seq -- MicroRNA transfection and AGO-bound CLIP-seq data sets reveal distinct determinants of miRNA action -- Genome-wide identification of polycomb-associated RNAs by RIP-seq -- Single-molecule sequencing: sequence methods to enable accurate quantisation -- Metabolic labeling of RNA uncovers principles of RNA production and degradation dynamics in mammalian cells -- Reprogramming transcription by distinct classes of enhancers functionally defined by eRNA -- The genome information process for cancer research: the challenge and perspective.
- 2011 Springer ProtocolsCoulter, Jonathan A.; McCarthy, Helen O.Nitric oxide physiology and pathology / David G. Hirst and Tracy Robson -- Ionizing radiation-induced DNA strand breaks and [gamma]-H2AX foci in cells exposed to nitric oxide / Kai Rothkamm and Susanne Burdak-Rothkamm -- Determination of S-nitrosothiols in biological fluids by chemiluminescence / Enika Nagababu and Joseph M. Rifkind -- Measurement of nitrite in blood samples using the ferricyanide-based hemoglobin oxidation assay / Barbora Piknova and Alan N. Schechter -- Selective fluorescent activation for bioimaging the expression of nitric oxide in cellular and in vivo systems / Junfeng Zhang and Hao Hong -- Real-time measurement of murine hippocampus NO levels in response to cerebral ischemia/reperfusion / Xiaoxiang Zheng, Kezhou Liu, and Yong Yang -- Detection of low levels of nitric oxide using an electrochemical sensor / Yong Chool Boo ... [et al.] -- Determination of the scavenging capacity against reactive nitrogen species by automatic flow injection-based methodologies / Marcela A. Segundo ... [et al.] -- Aqueous measurement of nitric oxide using membrane inlet mass spectrometry / David N. Silverman and Chingkuang Tu -- Quantum cascade laser technology for the ultrasensitive detection of low-level nitric oxide / Angela Elia ... [et al.] -- Determination of in vivo nitric oxide levels in animal tissues using a novel spin trapping technology / Anatoly F. Vanin and Alexander A. Timoshin -- [Beta] cell protection by inhibition of iNOS through lentiviral vector-based strategies / Sean O. Hynes, Cillian McCabe, and Timothy O'Brien -- Characterization of nitric oxide delivery systems produced by various nanotechnologies / Chi H. Lee -- Nitric oxide releasing nanoparticle synthesis and characterization / George Han, Adam J. Friedman, and Joel M. Friedman -- NOS antagonism using viral vectors as an experimental strategy : implications for in vivo studies of cardiovascular control and peripheral neuropathies / Beihui Liu ... [et al.]
- 2011 Springer ProtocolsRibbe, Markus W.Historic overview of nitrogenase research / Yilin Hu and Markus W. Ribbe -- Mechanism of mo-dependent nitrogenase / Zhi-Yong Yang, Karamatullah Danyal, and Lance C. Seefeldt -- Assembly of nitrogenase MoFe protein / Chi-Chung Lee -- Genomic analysis of nitrogen fixation / Ina P. O'Carroll and Patricia C. Dos Santos -- Enzymatic systems with homology to nitrogenase / Jurgen Moser and Markus J. Brocker -- Molecular biology and genetic engineering in nitrogen fixation / Patricia C. Dos Santos -- Purification of nitrogenase proteins / Jared A. Wiig [and others] -- Assays of nitrogenase reaction products / William E. Newton and Michael J. Dilworth -- Methods for nitrogenase-like dark operative protochlorophyllide oxidoreductase / Jurgen Moser and Markus J. Brocker -- X-ray crystallography / Lauren E. Roth and F. Akif Tezcan -- X-ray absorption spectroscopy / Serena DeBeer -- Small angle x-ray scattering spectroscopy / David W. Mulder and John W. Peters -- Electron paramagnetic resonance spectroscopy / Karamatullah Danyal, Zhi-Yong Yang, and Lance C. Seefeldt -- Magnetic circular dichroism spectroscopy / Brian J. Hales -- Mössbauer spectroscopy / Boi Hanh Huynh -- Protocols for cofactor isolation of nitrogenase / Aaron W. Fay [and others] -- Techniques for functional and structural modeling of nitrogenase / Patrick L. Holland -- Nitrogenase structure and function relationships by density functional theory / Travis V. Harris and Robert K. Szilagyi -- Modeling the MoFe nitrogenase system with broken symmetry density functional theory / Gregory M. Sandala and Louis Noodleman.
- 2010Bokoch, Michael Paul; Kobilka, Brian K.; Maduke, Merritt C.; Puglisi, Joseph D.; Weis, William I.G protein coupled receptors (GPCRs) are seven transmembrane proteins that are expressed in all eukaryotic cells and tissues. These receptors play key roles in human physiology and disease. The goal of my work is to understand the molecular detail of ligand recognition by GPCRs, and how this process leads to conformational changes that manifest as cellular signaling. Meeting this goal will advance our knowledge of membrane protein biology. It will also reveal structural targets and physicochemical logic to aid pharmaceutical design. The age of GPCR structural biology recently arrived with the first x-ray structures of rhodopsin and the beta2 adrenergic receptor (beta2AR). However, membrane proteins are constantly fluctuating entities. Dynamic behavior is intrinsic to their function. As such, static x-ray structures alone are inadequate. Herein, I develop biophysical techniques to study these dynamic receptors. Using NMR spectroscopy, I characterize conformational changes in the extracellular region of the beta2AR, a surface rich with potential for drug design. I also explore the signaling properties of monomeric GPCRs and conformational changes of other macromolecules using single-molecule fluorescence. While many questions about GPCRs remain, I hope this work is a small step towards understanding these important, fascinating, and beautiful molecules.
- 2005 CRCnetBASERamamoorthy, A.
- 2006 CRCnetBASEBahar, Ivet; Cui, Qiang.
- 2015 Springer ProtocolsHirose, Tetsuro; Nakagawa, Shinichi.Visualization of lncRNA by single-molecule fluorescence in situ hybridization / Margaret Dunagin , Moran N. Cabili , John Rinn , and Arjun Raj -- Super-resolution imaging of nuclear bodies by STED microscopy / Yasushi Okada and Shinichi Nakagawa -- High-resolution 3D DNA FISH using plasmid probes and computational correction of optical aberrations to study chromatin structure at the sub-megabase scale / Luca Giorgetti, Tristan Piolot, and Edith Heard -- Time-lapse imaging of nuclear bodies / Saskia Hutten, Samuel Swift, and Angus I. Lamond -- Visualization of nucleic acids with synthetic exciton-controlled fluorescent oligonucleotide probes / Dan Ohtan Wang and Akimitsu Okamoto -- Live CLEM imaging to analyze nuclear structures at high resolution / Tokuko Haraguchi, Hiroko Osakada, and Takako Koujin -- Ultrastructural analysis of nuclear bodies using electron microscopy / Sylvie Souquere and Gérard Pierron -- Analyses of nuclear proteins and nucleic acid structures using atomic force microscopy / Jamie L. Gilmore [and eight others] -- Genome-wide co-localization screening of nuclear body components using a fluorescently tagged FLJ cDNA clone library / Tetsuro Hirose and Naoki Goshima -- Purification of specific chromatin regions using oligonucleotides : capture hybridization analysis of RNA targets (CHART) / Christopher P. Davis and Jason A. West -- RNA antisense purification (RAP) for mapping RNA interactions with chromatin / Jesse Engreitz, Eric S. Lander, and Mitchell Guttman -- In situ dissection of RNA functional subunits by domain-specific chromatin isolation by RNA purification (dChIRP) / Jeffrey J. Quinn and Howard Y. Chang -- Extracting, enriching, and identifying nuclear body sub-complexes using label-based quantitative mass spectrometry / Archa Fox [and three othrs] -- Studying RNA-binding protein interactions with target mRNAs in eukaryotic cells : native ribonucleoprotein immunoprecipitation (RIP) assays / Joseph A. Cozzitorto [and eight others] -- Cross-linking and immunoprecipitation of nuclear RNA-binding proteins / Quan Li , Yuri Uemura , and Yukio Kawahara -- Purification of noncoding RNA and bound proteins using FLAG peptide-conjugated antisense-oligonucleotides / Shungo Adachi and Tohru Natsume -- MMCT-mediated chromosome engineering technique applicable to functional analysis of lncRNA and nuclear dynamics / Makiko Meguro-Horike and Shin-ichi Horike -- Reconstitution of nucleocytoplasmic transport using digitonin-permeabilized cells / Shingo Kose, Tomoko Funakoshi, and Naoko Imamoto -- Genome-wide analysis of long noncoding RNA turnover / Hidenori Tani [and eight others] -- Knockdown of nuclear-retained long noncoding RNAs using modified DNA antisense oligonucleotides / Xinying Zong [and six others] -- siRNA screening of nuclear proteins / Yuko Hasegawa and Shinichi Nakagawa.
- 2007 SpringerNagata, K.; Takeyasu, Kunio.
- 2015 Springer ProtocolsAllen, Bruce G.; Hébert, Terence E.Studies of intracellular angiotensin II / Richard N. Re and Julia L. Cook -- Single-cell microinjection coupled to confocal microscopy to characterize nuclear membrane receptors in freshly isolated cardiomyocytes / Clémence Merlen and Jonathan Ledoux -- Design and application of light-activated probes for cellular signaling / David Chatenet, Steve Bourgault, and Alain Fournier -- Using caged ligands to study intracrine endothelin signaling in intact cardiac myocytes / Clémence Merlen, Louis R. Villeneuve, and Bruce G. Allen -- Quantification of catecholamine uptake in adult cardiac myocytes / Erika F. Dahl, Casey D. Wright, and Timothy D. O'Connell -- Characterization of the interaction between the prostaglandin D2 DP1 receptor and the intracellular L-Prostaglandin D synthase / Chantal Binda and Jean-Luc Parent -- Isolation and study of cardiac nuclei from canine myocardium and adult ventricular myocytes / Artavazd Tadevosyan, Bruce G. Allen, and Stanley Nattel -- High resolution imaging and function of nuclear G protein-coupled receptors (GPCRs) / Vikrant K. Bhosle [and others] -- Biochemical fractionation of membrane receptors in the nucleus / Ying-Nai Wang ... [et at.] -- Functional G protein-coupled Receptors on nuclei from brain and primary cultured neurons / Yuh-Jiin I. Jong and Karen L. O'Malley -- Automated microscopy of cardiac myocyte hypertrophy : a case study on the role of intracellular [alpha]-adrenergic receptors / Karen A. Ryall and Jeffrey J. Saucerman -- Measuring intranuclear and nuclear envelope [Ca2+] vs. cytosolic [Ca2+] / Senka Ljubojević and Donald M. Bers -- Assessing GPCR and G protein signaling to the nucleus in live cells using fluorescent biosensors / Julie Bossuyt and Donald M. Bers -- Tandem affinity purification to identify cytosolic and nuclear G [beta-gamma]-interacting proteins / Rhiannon Campden [and others] -- Examining the effects of nuclear GPCRs on gene expression using isolated nuclei / George Vaniotis [and others] -- Trafficking and function of GPCRs in the endosomal compartment / Davide Calebiro [and others].
- 2010 Cold Spring Harb Lab PressGrodzicker, Terri.Chromatin modifications and gene expressions -- Transcription and beyond -- DNA replication and genome integrity -- Reprogramming and differentiation -- Heterochromatin formation and gene silencing -- Nuclear bodies and RNA biology -- Chromosome structure and mitosis -- Chromatin structure and organization -- Nuclear periphery.
- 2013 Springer ProtocolsGerasimova, Yulia V.; Kolpashchikov, Dmitry M.Getting blood from a stone : ultrasensitive forensic DNA profiling of microscopic bio-particles recovered from touch DNA evidence / Erin K. Hanson and Jack Ballantyne -- Detecting microRNA in human cancer tissues with fluorescence in situ hybridization Zonggao Shi, Jeff J. Johnson, and M. Sharon Stack -- MNAzyme qPCR : a superior tool for multiplex qPCR / Elisa Mokany and Alison V. Todd -- New, multiplex, quantitative real-time polymerase chain reaction system for nucleic acid detection and quantification / Fang Liang ... [et al.] -- Detection of SNP-containing human DNA sequences using a split sensor with a universal molecular beacon reporter / Yulia V. Gerasimova, Jack Ballantyne, and Dmitry M. Kolpashchikov -- SNP analysis using a molecular beacon-based operating cooperatively (OC) sensor / Evan M. Cornett and Dmitry M. Kolpashchikov -- Detection of rpoB gene mutations using helicase- dependent amplification / Wanyuan Ao and Robert Jenison -- Rapid detection of brucella spp. using loop-mediated isothermal amplification (LAMP) / Shouyi Chen ... [et al.] -- Loop-mediated isothermal amplification method for a differential identification of human taenia tapeworms / Yasuhito Sako ... [et al.] -- Detection of mutation by allele-specific loop-mediated isothermal amplification (AS-LAMP) / Hiroka Aonuma ... [et al.] -- DNA detection by cascade enzymatic signal amplification / Bingjie Zou, Yinjiao Ma, and Guohua Zhou -- Visual DNA detection and SNP genotyping using asymmetric PCR and split DNA enzymes / Jia Ling Neo and Mahesh Uttamchandani -- Detection of single-stranded nucleic acids via colorimetric means, using g-quadruplex probes / Herman O. Sintim and Shizuka Nakayama -- Lateral flow biosensors for the detection of nucleic acid / Lingwen Zeng ... [et al.] -- Electrochemiluminescence detection of c-Myc mRNA in breast cancer cells on a wireless bipolar electrode / Mei-Sheng Wu ... [et al.] -- High-throughput label-free detection of DNA hybridization and mismatch discrimination using interferometric reflectance imaging sensor / Sunmin Ahn ... [et al.] -- Graphene-PAMAM dendrimer-gold nanoparticle composite for electrochemical DNA hybridization detection / Kumarasamy Jayakumar ... [et al.] -- Application of PNA openers for fluorescence-based detection of bacterial DNA / Irina Smolina -- DNA probes for FISH analysis of C-negative regions in human chromosomes / Evgeniy S. Morozkin ... [et al.] -- Quantitative analysis of MicroRNA in blood serum with protein-facilitated affinity capillary electrophoresis / Maxim V. Berezovski and Nasrin Khan -- High-throughput functional microRNA profiling using recombinant AAV-based microRNA sensor arrays / Wenhong Tian ... [et al.] -- Use of molecular beacons to detect and quantify microRNA / Meredith B. Baker, Gang Bao, and Charles D. Searles -- Sequence-specific imaging of influenza A mRNA in living infected cells using fluorescent FIT-PNA / Susann Kummer ... [et al.] -- Application of caged fluorescent nucleotides to live-cell RNA imaging / Akimitsu Okamoto.
- 2000 Springer ProtocolsRapley, Ralph.pt. 1. Nucleic acid extraction -- pt. 2. Basic separation and analysis of DNA -- pt. 3. Probe design, synthesis, and labeling -- pt. 4. RNA analyis techniques -- pt. 5. Gene library construction and screening -- pt. 6. DNA screening -- pt. 7. Basic polymerase chain reaction methods -- pt. 8. Analyzing genes, mutations, and protein interactions -- pt. 9. Mutagenesis, transcription, and translation in vitro pt. 10. Gene localization, mapping in situ, and bioinformatics.
- 2010 CRCnetBASEValentine, R. C.; Valentine, David L.Ch. 1. Molecular biology of Omega-3 chains as structural lipids : many central questions remain unanswered -- Ch. 2. Darwinian selection of the fittest membrane lipids : from archaeal isoprenoids to DHA-enriched rhodopsin disks -- Ch. 3. Coevolution of DHA membranes and their proteins -- Ch. 4. Convergent evolution of DHA/EPA biosynthetic pathways -- Ch. 5. Membrane evolution in a marine bacterium : capitalizing on DHA for energy conservation in seawater -- Ch. 6. Evolution of DHA membranes in human neutrons -- Ch. 7. DHA/EPA chains as powerful membrane antifreeze -- Ch. 8. DHA as a mediocre permeability barrier against cations : water wire theory -- Ch. 9. DHA/EPA membranes as targets of oxidative damage -- Ch. 10. Bacteria : environmental modulation of membrane lipids for bioenergetic gain -- Ch. 11. Chloroplasts : harnessing DHA/EPA for harvesting light in the sea -- Ch. 12. Mitochondria : DHA-cardiolipin boosts energy output -- Ch. 13. Sperm : essential roles of DHA lead to development of a mechanical stress hypothesis -- Ch. 14. DHA/EPA mutualism between bacteria and marine animals -- Ch. 15. Membrane adaptations for an oily environment : lessons from a petroleum-degrading bacterium -- Ch. 16. Lessons from yeast : phospholipid conformations are important in winemaking -- Ch. 17. DHA principle applied to global warming -- Ch. 18. DHA principle applied to molecular farming -- Ch. 19. DHA/unsaturation theory of aging -- Ch. 20. DHA principle applied to neurodegenerative diseases -- Ch. 21. Dietary DHA in prevention of colon cancer : how a risk to the cell benefits the organism.
- 2012 CRCnetBASEBarh, Debmalya; Blum, Kenneth; Madigan, Margaret Anne.Section 1. Methodology and application -- section 2. Empirical research -- section 3. Computational and systems biology -- section 4. Therapeutics -- section 5. Future perspective.
- Omics in clinical practice : genomics, pharmacogenomics, proteomics, and transcriptomics in clinical research2014 CRCnetBASELiu, Yu.Part 1. Omics and human disease -- part 2. Translational and personalized medicine -- part 3. Molecular and genetic markers -- part 4. Omics and pathogens -- part 5. Companion diagnostics.
- Panaretos, Victor M.
- 2008 Springer ProtocolsPflieger, Delphine; Rossier, Jean.Analysis of organelles by on-line two-dimensional liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry / Edwin P. Romijn and John R. Yates III -- Purification and proteomic analysis of chloroplasts and their sub-organellar compartments / Daniel Salvi ... [et al.] -- Proteomic analysis of the stacked golgi complex / Mark S. Lowenthal, Kathryn E. Howell, and Christine C. Wu -- Purification of Saccharomyces cerevisiae mitochondria by zone electrophoresis in a free flow device / Hans Zischka ... [et al.] -- Preparation of respiratory chain complexes from Saccharomyces cerevisiae wild-type and mutant mitochondria : activity measurement and subunit composition analysis / Claire Lemaire and Geneviève Dujardin -- Mitochondrial proteomics : analysis of a whole mitochondrial extract with two-dimensional electrophoresis / Thierry Rabilloud -- Purification and proteomic analysis of the mouse liver mitochondrial inner membrane / Sandrine Da Cruz and Jean-Claude Martinou -- Subcellular fractionation and proteomics of nuclear envelopes / Laurence Florens, Nadia Korfali, and Eric C. Schirmer -- Purification and proteomic analysis of a nuclear-insoluble protein fraction / Tsuneyoshi Horigome, Kazuhiro Furukawa, and Kohei Ishii -- Preparation methods of human metaphase chromosomes for their proteome analysis / Kiichi Fukui, Hideaki Takata, and Susumu Uchiyama -- Purification and proteomic analysis of plant plasma membranes / Erik Alexandersson ... [et al.] -- Protocol to enrich and analyze plasma membrane proteins from frozen tissues / Jacek R. Wiśniewski -- Proteomic characterization of membrane protein topology / Adele R. Blackler and Christine C. Wu -- Free flow isoelectric focusing : a method for the separation of both hydrophilic and hydrophobic proteins of rat liver peroxisomes / Markus Islinger and Gerhard Weber -- Use of gas-phase fractionation to increase protein identifications : application to the peroxisome / Jacob Kennedy and Eugene C. Yi -- Purification and proteomic analysis of lysosomal integral membrane proteins / Huiwen Zhang ... [et al.] -- Affinity purification of soluble lysosomal proteins for mass spectrometric identification / Sylvie Kieffer-Jaquinod ... [et al.] -- Purification and proteomic analysis of synaptic vesicles / Holly D. Cox and Charles M. Thompson -- Purification and proteomics analysis of pancreatic zymogen granule membranes / Xuequn Chen and Philip C. Andrews -- Isolation and proteomic analysis of chlamydomonas centrioles / Lani C. Keller and Wallace F. Marshall -- Purification and proteomic analysis of 20S proteasomes from human cells / Marie-Pierre Bousquet-Dubouch ... [et al.] -- Characterization of E. coli ribosomal particles : combined analysis of whole proteins by mass spectrometry and of proteolytic digests by liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry / Isabelle Iost ... [et al.] -- Assessment of organelle purity using antibodies and specific assays : the example of the chloroplast envelope / Daniel Salvi ... [et al.] -- Identifying bona fide components of an organelle by isotope-coded labeling of subcellular fractions : an example in peroxisomes / Marcello Marelli, Alexey I. Nesvizhskii, and John D. Aitchison -- Determination of genuine residents of plant endomembrane organelles using isotope tagging and multivariate statistics / Kathryn S. Lilley and Tom P.J. Dunkley -- Quantitative proteomic analysis to profile dynamic changes in the spatial distribution of cellular proteins / Wei Yan, Daehee Hwang, and Ruedi Aebersold -- Use of transcriptomic data to support organelle proteomic analysis / Wallace F. Marshall.
- 2000 ScienceDirectZubay, Geoffrey L.
- 2008Battail, Gérard.A brief overview of molecular genetics -- An overview of information theory -- More on molecular genetics -- More on information theory -- An outline of error-correcting codes -- DNA is an ephemeral memory -- A toy living world -- Subsidiary hypothesis, nested system -- Soft codes -- Biological reality conforms to the hypotheses -- Identification of genomic codes.
- 2006 MyiLibraryAttwood, Teresa K.; Cammack, Richard.
- 2011 SpringerAyed, Ayeda; Hupp, Theodore.TP53 mutations in human cancers : selection versus mutagenesis / Magali Olivier, Audrey Petitjean, Claude Caron de Fromentel, and Pierre Hainaut -- Lessons on p53 from mouse models / Dadi Jiang and Laura D. Attardi -- TP63, TP73 : the guardian's elder brothers / Stephanie Courtois, Pierre Hainaut and Claude Caron de Fromentel -- The regulation of p53 protein function by phosphorylation / Nicola J. Maclaine and Theodore Hupp -- The p53-Mdm2 loop : a critical juncture of stress response / Yaara Levav-Cohen, Zehavit Goldberg, Osnat Alsheich Bartok, Valentina Zuckerman, Sue Haupt and Ygal Haupt -- Cooperation between MDM2 and MDMX in the regulation of p53 / Jeremy Blaydes -- Regulation and function of the original p53-inducible p21 gene / Jennifer A. Fraser -- p53 localization / Carl G. Maki -- Modes of p53 interactions with DNA in the chromatin context / Vladana Vukojevic, Tatiana Yakovleva, and Georgy Bakalkin -- p53's dilemma in transcription : analysis by microarrays / Karuppiah Kannan, Gideon Rechavi and David Givol -- Tumor viruses and p53 / Nobuo Horikoshi -- p53 and immunity / Vikram Narayan, Sarah E. Meek and Kathryn L. Ball.
- 2002 Springer ProtocolsChen, Bing-Yuan; Janes, Harry W.A short history of the polymerase chain reaction /; J.M. Bartlett and D. Stirling --; Pcr patent issues /; P. Carroll and D. Casimir --; Equipping and establishing a pcr laboratory /; S. McDonagh --; Quality control in pcr /; D. Stirling --; Extraction of nucleic acid templates /; J.M. Bartlett --; Extraction of DNA from whole blood /; J.M. Bartlett and A. White --; DNA extraction from tissue /; H. Pearson and D. Stirling --; Extraction of DNA from microdissected archival tissues /; J.J. Going --; Rna extraction from blood /; H. Pearson --; Rna extraction from frozen tissue /; J.M. Bartlett --; Rna extraction from tissue sections /; H. Pearson --; Dual DNA/rna extraction /; D. Stirling and J.M. Bartlett --; DNA extraction from fungi, yeast, and bacteria /; D. Stirling --; Isolation of rna viruses from biological materials /; S. McDonagh --; Extraction of ancient DNA /; W.M. Schmerer --; DNA extraction from plasma and serum /; D. Stirling --; Technical notes for the detection of nucleic acids /; J.M. Bartlett --; Technical notes for the recovery and purification of pcr products from acrylamide gels /; D. Stirling --; Pcr primer design /; D.L. Hyndman and M. Mitsuhashi --; Optimization of polymerase chain reactions /; H. Grunenwald --; Subcycling pcr for long-distance amplifications of regions with high and low guanine-cystine content: Amplification of the intron 22 inversion of the fviii gene /; D. Stirling --; Rapid amplification of cdna ends /; X. Wang and W.S. Young, 3rd --; Randomly amplified polymorphic DNA fingerprinting: The basics /; R.S. Dassanayake and L.P. Samaranayake --; Microsphere-based single nucleotide polymorphism genotyping /; M.A. Iannone [and others] --; Ligase chain reaction /; W.H. Benjamin, Jr., K.R. Smith and K.B. Waites --; Nested rt-pcr in a single closed tube /; A. Olmos [and others] --; Direct pcr from serum: Application to viral genome detection /; K. Abe --; Long pcr amplification of large fragments of viral genomes: A technical overview /; R. Tellier [and others] --; Long pcr methodology /; R. Tellier [and others] --; Qualitative and quantitative pcr: A technical overview /; D. Stirling --; Ultrasensitive pcr detection of tumor cells in myeloma /; F.W. Cremer and M. Moos --; Ultrasensitive quantitative pcr to detect rna viruses /; S. McDonagh --; Quantitative pcr for camp ri alpha mrna: Use of site-directed mutation and pcr mimics /; J.M. Bartlett --; Quantitation of multiple rna species /; R. Kerr --; Differential display: A technical overview /; J.M. Bartlett --; Au-differential display, reproducibility of a differential mrna display targeted to au motifs /; O. Dominguez [and others] --; Pcr fluorescence differential display /; K. Khalturin, S. Kuznetsov and T.C. Bosch --; Microarray analysis using rna arbitrarily primed pcr /; S. Ringquist [and others] --; Oligonucleotide arrays for genotyping: Enzymatic methods for typing single nucleotide polymorphisms and short tandem repeats /; S. Case-Green, C. Pritchard and E. Southern --; Serial analysis of gene expression /; K.A. Oien --; Mutation and polymorphism detection: A technical overview /; J. Edwards and J.M. Bartlett --; Combining multiplex and touchdown pcr for microsatellite analysis /; K. Rithidech and J.J. Dunn --; Detection of microsatellite instability and loss of heterozygosity using DNA extracted from formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tumor material by fluorescence-based multiplex microsatellite pcr /; J. Edwards and J.M. Bartlett --; Reduction of shadow band synthesis during pcr amplification of repetitive sequences from modern and ancient DNA /; W.M. Schmerer --; Degenerate oligonucleotide-primed pcr /; M. Aubele and J. Smida --; Mutation detection using rt-pcr-rflp /; H. Nakashima, M. Akahoshi and Y. Tanaka --; Multiplex amplification refractory mutation system for the detection of prothrombotic polymorphisms /; D. Stirling --; Pcr-sscp analysis of polymorphism: A simple and sensitive method for detecting differences between short segments of DNA /; M. Han and M.A. Robinson --; Sequencing: A technical overview /; D. Stirling --; Preparation and direct automated cycle sequencing of pcr products /; S.E. Daniels --; Nonradioactive pcr sequencing using digoxigenin /; S. Kosel [and others] --; Direct sequencing by thermal asymmetric pcr /; G.R. Mazars and C. Theillet --; Analysis of nucleotide sequence variations by solid-phase minisequencing /; A. Suomalainen and A.C. Syvanen --; Direct sequencing with highly degenerate and inosine-containing primers /; Z. Shen [and others] --; Determination of unknown genomic sequences without cloning /; J.P. Quivy and P.B. Becker --; Cloning pcr products for sequencing in m13 vectors /; D. Walsh --; DNA rescue by the vectorette method /; M.A. McAleer, A.J. Coffey and I. Dunham --; Technical notes for sequencing difficult templates /; D. Stirling --; Pcr-based detection of nucleic acids in chromosomes, cells, and tissues: Technical considerations on prins and in situ pcr and comparison with in situ hybridization /; E.J. Speel, F.C. Ramaekers and A.H. Hopman --; Cycling primed in situ amplification /; J.H. Bull and L. Paskins --; Direct and indirect in situ pcr /; K.H. Wiedorn and T. Goldmann --; Reverse transcriptase in situ pcr: New methods in cellular interrogation /; M. Gilchrist and A.D. Befus --; Primed in situ nucleic acid labeling combined with immunocytochemistry to simultaneously localize DNA and proteins in cells and chromosomes /; E.J. Speel, F.C. Ramaekers and A.H. Hopman --; Cloning and mutagenesis: A technical overview /; H. Pearson and D. Stirling --; Using t4 DNA polymerase to generate clonable pcr products /; K. Wang --; A t-linker strategy for modification and directional cloning of pcr products /; R.M. Horton, R. Raju and B.M. Conti-Fine --; Cloning gene family members using pcr with degenerate oligonucleotide primers /; G.M. Preston --; Cdna libraries from a low amount of cells /; P. Ravassard [and others] --; Creation of chimeric junctions, deletions, and insertions by pcr /; G. Pont-Kingdon --; Recombination and site-directed mutagenesis using recombination pcr /; D.H. Jones and S.C. Winistorfer --; Megaprimer pcr: Application in mutagenesis and gene fusion /; E. Burke and S. Barik.
- 2002 Springer ProtocolsRapley, Ralph; Theophilus, Bimal D. M.Agarose and polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis / Andrea M. Guilliatt -- Internal labeling of DNA probes / Ralph Rapley -- End-labeling of DNA probes / Adrian J. Harwood -- Southern blotting of agarose gels bu capillary transfer / Ralph Rapley -- Restriction fragment length polymorphism / Mohammad S. Enayat -- PCR: principles, procedures, and parameters / Nicola Louise Jones -- Allele-specific oligonucleotide PCR / Elaine K. Green -- Long-range PCR / Peter A. Davies -- Analysis of nucleotide sequence variations by solid-phase minisequencing / Anu Wartiovaara -- Cycle sequencing of PCR products / G.K. Surdhar -- Fluorescent in situ hybridization / Sara A. Dyer -- The protein truncation test / Carol A. Hardy -- Mutation detection in factor vii cDNA from lymphocytes of hemophilia A patients by solid phase fluorescent chemical cleavage of mismatch / Naushin H. Waseem -- Denaturing gradient gel electrophoresis / Yvonee Wallis -- Conformation-sensitive gel electrophoresis / Ian J. Williams -- SSCp/heteroduplex analysis -- Cleavase fragment length polymorphism analysis for genotyping and mutation detection / Laura Heisler -- Automated genotyping using the DNA MassArray technology / Christian Jurinke -- An introduction to bioinformatics / Henry Brzeski.
- 2015 Springer ProtocolsBasu, Chhandak."This volume provides an overview on design PCR primers for successful DNA amplification. Chapters focus on primer design strategies for quantitative PCR, in silico PCR primer design , and primer design using software. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls." -- Provided by publisher.
- Yuryev, Anton.
- 2013 Springer ProtocolsCudic, Predrag.Hantzsch Based Macrocyclization Approach for the Synthesis of Thiazole Containing Cyclopeptides / Adel Nefzi -- The Chemical Synthesis of [alpha]-Conotoxins and Structurally Modified Analogs with Enhanced Biological Stability / Jayati Banerjee [and three other] -- Synthesis of AApeptides / Youhong Niu [and three others] -- Peptoids and Peptide-Peptoid Hybrid Biopolymers as Peptidomimetics / Maciej J. Stawikowski -- Synthesis of Side Chain N,N'-Diaminoalkylated Derivatives of Basic Amino Acids for Application in Solid-Phase Peptide Synthesis / Jean-Philippe Pitteloud, Nina Bionda, and Predrag Cudic -- Study Protein Folding and Aggregation Using Nonnatural Amino Acid p-Cyanophenylalanine as a Sensitive Optical Probe / Deguo Du, Haiyang Liu, and Bimlesh Ojha -- Adamantoylated Biologically Active Small Peptides and Glycopeptides Structurally Related to the Bacterial Peptidoglycan / Ruža Frkanec, Branka Vranešić, and Srdjanka Tomić -- Optimization of Physicochemical and Pharmacological Properties of Peptide Drugs by Glycosylation / Maria C. Rodriguez and Mare Cudic -- The Maillard Reaction Induced Modifications of Endogenous Opioid Peptide Enkephalin / Andreja Jakas -- Solid-Phase Guanidinylation of Peptidyl Amines Compatible with Standard Fmoc-Chemistry: Formation of Monosubstituted Guanidines -/ Nina Bionda and Predrag Cudic -- Stabilization of Collagen-Model,Triple-Helical Peptides for In Vitro and In Vivo Applications / Manishabrata Bhowmick and Gregg B. Fields -- Identification of Adipokine Receptor Agonists and Turning Them to Antagonists / Laszlo Otvos Jr. -- Peptide Detection and Structure Determination in Live Cells using Confocal Raman Microscopy / Andrew C. Terentis and Jing Ye.
- 2002 Springer ProtocolsDavenport, Anthony P.; Maguire, Janet J.Immunocytochemical localization of endothelin peptides, precursors, and endothelin-converting enzymes / R.E. Kuc -- Analysis of endothelins by enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay and radioimmunoassay / A.P. Davenport and R.E. Kuc -- Separation of endothelin isoforms by high performance liquid chromatography and detection by radioimmunoassay / M.J. Ashby -- Radioligand binding assays and quantitative autoradiography of endothelin receptors / A.P. Davenport and R.E. Kuc -- Using receptor antagonists in binding studies to characterize a mammalian endothelin receptor / J.R. Wu-Wong -- Quantification of endothelin receptor mrna by competitive rt-pcr / P.J. Smith and J.C. Monge -- Detection and assessment of endothelin-converting enzyme activity / C.D. Jackson and A.J. Turner -- Quantitative measurement of mrna levels by rt-pcr. Studies of ece-1 isoforms / D.M. Lees [and others] -- Evaluation of endothelin-converting enzyme inhibitors using cultured cells / R. Corder -- Endothelin-converting enzyme activity in vascular smooth muscle preparations in vitro / J.J. Maguire -- Characterization of a new endothelin receptor ligand by in vitro assays / J.R. Wu-Wong -- Use of in vitro organ cultures of human saphenous vein as a model for intimal proliferation / K.E. Porter -- Investigation of the endothelin system in experimental heart failure / G.A. Gray and L. Sherry -- Local forearm vasoconstriction to endothelin-1 measured by venous occlusion plethysmography in vivo / F.E. Strachan and D.J. Webb.
- 2009 SpringerKrysko, Dmitri V.; Vandenabeele, Peter.
- 2008 Springer ProtocolsYan, Qing.
- 2005 Springer ProtocolsLugnier, Claire.Purification of PDE6 isozymes from mammalian retina / Dana C. Pentia ... [et al.] -- Cyclic guanosine 5'-monophosphate binding to the regulatory GAF domains of photoreceptor phosphodiesterase / Rick H. Cote -- Renaturation of the catalytic domain of PDE4A expressed in escherichia coli as inclusion bodies / Wito Richter, Thomas Hermsdorf, and Dietrich Dettmer -- Determining the subunit structure of phosphodiesterases using gel filtration and sucrose density gradient centrifugation / Wito Richter -- Crystallization of cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterases / Hengming Ke, Qing Huai, and Robert X. Xu -- Generation of PDE4 knockout mice by gene targeting / S.-L. Catherine Jin, Anne M. Latour, and Marco Conti -- Immunoprecipitating PDE2 phosphorylated and inactivated by an associated protein kinase / J. Kelley Bentley -- Investigation of extracellular signal-regulated kinase 2 mitogen-actived protein kinase phosphorylation and regulation of activity of PDE4 cyclic adenosine monophosphate-specific phosphodiesterases / Elaine V. Hills, Miles D. Houslay, and George S. Baillie -- Radiolabeled ligand binding to the catalytic or allosteric sites of PDE5 and PDE11 / James L. Weeks ... [et al.] -- Analysis of dimerization determinants of the PDE6 catalytic subunits / Khakim G. Muradov, Kimberley K. Boyd, and Nikolai O. Artemyev -- Interaction between catalytic and inhibitory subunits of PDE6 / Nikolai O. Artemyev -- Purification, reconstitution on lipid vesciles and assays of PDE6 and its activator G protein, transducin -- Theodore G. Wensel, Feng He, and Justine A. Malinski. Study of cyclic adenosine monophosphate microdomains in cells / Marco Mongillo ... [et al.] -- High-resolution measurements of cyclic adenosine monophosphate signals in 3D microdomains / Jeffrey W. Karpen and Thomas C. Rich -- Cygnets : in vivo characterization of novel cGMP indicators and in vivo imaging of intracellular cGMP / Akira Honda ... [et al.] -- High-throughput screening of phosphodiesterase activity in living cells / Thomas C. Rich and Jeffrey W. Karpen -- Assessment of phosphodiesterase isozyme contribution in cell and tissue extracts / Thèrése Keravis, Rima Thaseldar-Roumié, and Claire Lugnier -- Localization of the cyclic guanosine 3', 5'-monophosphate-hydrolysing phosphodiesterase type 9 in rat brain by nonradioactive in situ hybridization / Wilma C.G. Van Staveren and Marjanne Markerink-Van Ittersum -- Determination of Ca2+/calmodulin-stimulated phosphodiesterase activity in intact cells / Chen Yan -- Adenovirus-mediated overexpression of murine cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase 3B / Faiyaz Ahmad ... [et al.] -- Identification of promoter elements in the 5'-flanking region of the murine cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase 3B gene / Hanguan Liu ... [et al.] --
- 2011 Springer ProtocolsChambers, James J.; Kramer, Richard H.Introduction to part I : caged neurotransmitters / James J. Chambers and Richard H. Kramer -- Targeting and excitation of photoactivatable molecules : design considerations for neurophysiology experiments / Eugene F. Civillico, J. Peter Rickgauer, and Samuel S.-H Wang -- Are caged compounds still useful / Graham C.R. Ellis-Davis -- Chromophores for the delivery of bioactive molecules with two-photon excitation / Timothy M. Dore and Hunter C. Wilson -- Introduction to part II : natural photosensitive proteins / James J. Chambers and Richard H. Kramer -- Light-activated ion pumps and channels for temporally precise optical control of activity in genetically targeted neurons / Brian Y. Chow [and others] -- Vertebrate and invertebrate rhodopsins : light control of G-protein signaling / Davina V. Gutierrez, Eugene Oh, and Stefan Herlitze -- Restoring visual function after photoreceptor degeneration : ectopic expression of photosensitive proteins in retinal neurons / Bin Lin and Richard H. Masland -- Introduction to part III : small molecule photoswitches / James J. Chambers and Richard H. Kramer -- Photoswitch design / Doris L. Fortin and Richard H. Kramer -- Optical manipulation of protein activity and protein interactions using caged proteins and optical switch protein conjugates / Yuling Yan and Gerard Marriott -- Structure-based design of light-controlled proteins / Harald Janovjak and Ehud Y. Isacoff -- Photoswitchable ligand-gated ion channels / Pau Gorostiza and Ehud Y. Isacoff.
- 2008 Springer ProtocolsMurphy, William J.From gene-scale to genome-scale phylogenetics : the data flood in, but the challenges remain / Antonis Rokas and Stylianos Chatzimanolis -- Phylogenomic analysis of chromosome sorting and painting / Roscoe Stanyon and Gary Stone -- FISH for mapping single copy genes / Terje Raudsepp and Bhanu P. Chowdhary -- Construction of radiation hybrid panels / John E. Page and William J. Murphy -- Survey sequencing and radiation hybrid mapping to construct comparative maps / Christophe Hitte ... [et al.] -- Construction of high-resolution comparative maps in mammals using BAC-end sequences / Denis M. Larkin and Harris A. Lewin -- Amniote phylogenomics : testing evolutionary hypotheses with BAC library scanning and targeted clone analysis of large-scale sequences from reptiles / Andrew M. Shedlock, Daniel E. Janes, and Scott V. Edwards -- Comparative physical mapping : universal overgo hybridization probe design and BAC library hybridization / James W. Thomas -- Phylogenomic resources at the UCSC Genome Browser / Kate Rosenbloom ... [et al.] -- Computational tools for the analysis of rearrangements in mammalian genomes / Glenn Tesler and Guillaume Bourque -- Computational reconstruction of ancestral DNA sequences / Mathieu Blanchette ... [et al.] -- Sequencing and phylogenomic analysis of whole mitochondrial genomes of animals / Rafael Zardoya and Mónica Suárez -- Retroposons : genetic footrpints on the evolutionary paths of life / Hidenori Nishihara and Norihiro Okada -- LINE-1 elements : analysis by FISH and nucleotide sequences / Paul D. Waters ... [et al.] -- Identification of cryptic sex chromosomes and isolation of X- and Y-borne genes / Paul D. Waters ... [et al.]
- 2011 SpringerBergethon, P. R.; Bergethon, P. R.; Hallock, Kevin.pt. 1. Principles of biophysical inquiry -- pt. 2. Foundations -- pt. 3. Building a model of biomolecular structure -- pt. 4. Function and action biological state space -- pt. 5. Methods for the measuring structure and function -- pt. 6. Physical constants.
- 2015 WileyHammes, Gordon G.; Hammes-Schiffer, Sharon.Chapter 1. Heat, Work, and Energy (pages 1-21) -- Chapter 2. Entropy and Gibbs Energy (pages 23-42) -- Chapter 3. Applications of Thermodynamics to Biological Systems (pages 43-76) -- Chapter 4. Thermodynamics Revisited (pages 77-94) -- Chapter 5. Principles of Chemical Kinetics (pages 95-120) -- Chapter 6. Applications of Kinetics to Biological Systems (pages 121-152) -- Chapter 7. Fundamentals of Quantum Mechanics (pages 153-176) -- Chapter 8. Electronic Structure of Atoms and Molecules (pages 177-202) -- Chapter 9. X-ray Crystallography (pages 203-224) -- Chapter 10. Electronic Spectra (pages 225-252) -- Chapter 11. Circular Dichroism, Optical Rotary Dispersion, and Fluorescence Polarization (pages 253-276) -- Chapter 12. Vibrations in Macromolecules (pages 277-288) -- Chapter 13. Principles of Nuclear Magnetic Resonance and Electron Spin Resonance (pages 289-314) -- Chapter 14. Applications of Magnetic Resonance to Biology (pages 315-330) -- Chapter 15. Fundamentals of Statistical Mechanics (pages 331-356) -- Chapter 16. Molecular Simulations (pages 357-382) -- Chapter 17. Ligand Binding to Macromolecules (pages 383-414) -- Chapter 18. Hydrodynamics of Macromolecules (pages 415-440) -- Chapter 19. Mass Spectrometry (pages 441-456).
- 2007Hammes, Gordon G.Approachable, yet thorough, this book presents physical chemistry in conceptual terms with a minimum of mathematics. Providing the basic knowledge and tools that every biologist should have to understand the quantitative interpretation of biological phenomena, it covers: Fundamentals of thermodynamics and chemical kinetics ; Fundamentals of spectroscopy and structure determination ; Ligand binding to macromolecules, hydrodynamics, and mass spectrometry. All techniques and concepts are clearly illustrated with relevant applications and examples from the biological sciences. Problems at the end of each chapter reinforce the principles.
- Physiology and pathology of chloride transporters and channels in the nervous system : from molecules to diseases. 1st ed.2009 ScienceDirectAlvarez-Leefmans, F. J.; Delpire, Eric.Part I. Overview of Chloride Transporters and Channels -- Part II. Current Methods for Studying Chloride Regulation -- Part III. From Cloning to Structure, Function and Regulation of Chloride Transporters and Channels -- Part IV. Cation-Chloride Cotransporters in Neural Function and Dysfunction -- Part V. Cation-Chloride Cotransport in Choroid Plexus and Blood-Brain Barrier.
- 2014 Springer ProtocolsSiomi, Mikiko C.Chromatin Immunoprecipitation Assay of Piwi in Drosophila / Hang Yin and Haifan Lin -- Drosophila Germline Stem Cells for In Vitro Analyses of PIWI-Mediated RNAi / Yuzo Niki, Takuya Sato, Takafumi Yamaguchi, Ayaka Saisho, Hiroshi Uetake, and Hidenori Watanabe -- RNAi and Overexpression of Genes in Ovarian Somatic Cells / Kuniaki Saito -- Making piRNAs In Vitro / Shinpei Kawaoka, Susumu Katsuma, and Yukihide Tomari -- A Framework for piRNA Cluster Manipulation / Ivan Olovnikov, Adrien Le Thomas, and Alexei A. Aravin -- Biochemical and Mass Spectrometric Analysis of 3ʹ-End Methylation of piRNAs / Takeo Suzuki, Kenjyo Miyauchi, Yuriko Sakaguchi, and Tsutomu Suzuki -- HITS-CLIP (CLIP-Seq) for Mouse Piwi Proteins / Anastassios Vourekas and Zissimos Mourelatos -- DNA Methylation in Mouse Testes / Satomi Kuramochi-Miyagawa, Kanako Kita-Kojima, Yusuke Shiromoto, Daisuke Ito, Hirotaka Koshima, and Toru Nakano -- Analysis of Small RNA-Guided Endonuclease Activity in Endogenous Piwi Protein Complexes from Mouse Testes / Michael Reuter and Ramesh S. Pillai -- Small RNA Library Construction from Minute Biological Samples / Jessica A. Matts, Yuliya Sytnikova, Gung-wei Chirn, Gabor L. Igloi, and Nelson C. Lau -- Analysis of sDMA Modifications of PIWI Proteins / Shozo Honda, Yoriko Kirino, and Yohei Kirino -- Analyses of piRNA-Mediated Transcriptional Transposon Silencing in Drosophila: Nuclear Run-On Assay on Ovaries / Sergey Shpiz and Alla Kalmykova -- Combined RNA/DNA Fluorescence In Situ Hybridization on Whole-Mount Drosophila Ovaries / Shpiz, Sergey Lavrov, and Alla Kalmykova -- Fast and Accurate Method to Purify Small Noncoding RNAs from Drosophila Ovaries / Thomas Grentzinger and Séverine Chambeyron -- Isolation of Zebrafish Gonads for RNA Isolation / Hsin-Yi Huang and René F. Ketting -- Small RNA Library Construction for High-Throughput Sequencing / Jon McGinn and Benjamin Czech -- Analysis of Piwi-Loaded Small RNAs in Terahymena / Tomoko Noto, Henriette M. Kurth, and Kazufumi Mochizuki -- Effective Gene Knockdown in the Drosophila Germline by Artificial miRNA-Mimicking siRNAs / Hailong Wang, Haidong Huang, and Dahua Chen -- Isolation and Bioinformatic Analyses of Small RNAs Interacting with Germ Cell-Specific Argonaute in Rice / Reina Komiya and Ken-Ichi Nonomura.
- v. 2 Springer ProtocolsHunt, Joan S.; Soares, Michael J.
- 2015 Springer ProtocolsEstevez, José M.Penium margaritaceum as a model organism for cell wall analysis of expanding plant cells / Maja G. Rydahl ... [et al.] -- Using chemical genomics to study cell wall formation and cell growth in Arabidopsis thaliana and Penium margaritaceum / N. Worden ... [et al.] -- Optimized method for growing in vitro Arabidopsis thaliana pollen tubes / Cecilia Borassi ... [et al.] -- Imaging of calcium dynamics in pollen tube cytoplasm / María Laura Barberini and Jorge Muschietti -- Live imaging of root hairs / Silvia M. Velasquez, Jose R. Dinneny, and José M. Estevez -- Improved ROS measurement in root hair cells / Paola Silvina Denita Juárez, Silvina Mangano, and José M. Estevez -- Root hair assay to expedite cell death research / Joanna Kacprzyk and Paul F. McCabe -- Vacuolar staining methods in plant cells / David Scheuring ... [et al.] -- Live cell imaging of FM4-64, a tool for tracing the endocytic pathways in Arabidopsis root cells / Adeline Rigal, Siamsa M. Doyle, and Stéphanie Robert -- Salt-stress regulation of root system growth and architecture in Arabidopsis seedlings / Lina Duan, Jose Sebastian, and Jose R. Dinneny -- Quantification of fluorescent reporters in plant cells / Michael Pound, Andrew P. French, and Darren M. Wells -- Live cell imaging of the cytoskeleton and cell wall enzymes in plant cells / Arun Sampathkumar and Raymond Wightman -- Using the split-ubiquitin yeast two-hybrid system to test protein-protein interactions of transmembrane proteins / Logan Bashline and Ying Gu -- Activation tag screening for cell expansion genes in Arabidopsis thaliana / Chaowen Xiao and Charles T. Anderson -- BiFC for protein-protein interactions and protein topology : discussing an integrative approach for an old technique / Giovanni Stefano, Luciana Renna, and Federica Brandizzi -- N-Glycosylation and plant cell growth / Christiane Veit, Ulrike Vavra, and Richard Strasser -- Peptide separation methodologies for in-depth proteomics / Sajad Majeed Zargar ... [et al.] -- Structural and mechanical characterization of growing Arabidopsis plant cell walls / Friederike Saxe, Ingo Burgert, and Michaela Eder.
- 2013 Springer ProtocolsHeilmann, Ingo; Munnik, Teun.As scientist begin to understand the complexity of lipid signaling and its roles in plant biology, there is an increasing interest in their analysis. Due to the low abundancy and transient nature of some of these hydrophobic compounds, this is not always easy. In Plant Lipid Signaling Protocols, expert researchers in the field detail experimental approaches by which plant signaling lipids can be studied. These methods and techniques include analysis of plant signaling lipids, including detailed protocols to detect various relevant compounds by targeted or non-targeted approaches; to assay relevant enzyme activities in biological material or using recombinant enzymes; to test for specific binding of signaling lipids to protein partners; or to visualize signaling lipids or lipid-derived signals in living plant cells. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and key tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Authoritative and practical, Plant Lipid Signaling Protocols aids plant researchers in the continuing to study the roles of lipid signals.
- Weissbach, Arthur; Weissbach, Herbert.Also available: Print – 1986
- 2013 Springer ProtocolsDe Smet, Ive.The tomato leaf as a model system for organogenesis -- Usefulness of Physcomitrella patens for studying plant organogenesis -- The dicot root as a model system for studying organogenesis -- Genetic control of root organogenesis in cereals -- Gene expression analysis of aquatic angiosperms podostemaceae to gain insight into the evolution of their enigmatic morphology -- Brown algae as a model for plant organogenesis -- Microscopic analysis of ovule development in Arabidopsis thaliana -- Imaging of phenotypes, gene expression, and protein localization during embryonic root formation in Arabidopsis -- Inducible system for lateral roots in Arabidopsis thaliana and maize -- Adventitious root induction in Arabidopsis thaliana as a model for in vitro root organogenesis -- High-throughput, noninvasive imaging of root systems -- Small-molecule screens to study lateral root development -- Cell lineage analyses in living tissues -- Protein immunolocalization in maize tissues -- Auxin immunolocalization in plant tissues -- Gene expression analysis of shoot apical meristem cell types -- Kinematic analysis of cell division in leaves of mono- and dicotyledonous species: A basis for understanding growth and developing refined molecular sampling strategies -- Regeneration in arabidopsis tissue culture -- Isolation and analysis of mRNAs from specific cell types of plants by ribosome immunopurification -- Analyzing small and long RNAs in plant development using non-radioactive in situ hybridization -- Analyzing protein distribution in plant tissues using "Whole-mount" Immunolocalization -- Culture methods and mutant generation in the filamentous brown algae Ectocarpus siliculosus -- Building simulation models of developing plant organs using VirtualLeaf.
- 2016 Springer ProtocolsBotella, Jose R.; Botella, Miguel A.Suppressor screens in Arabidopsis / Xin Li and Yuelin Zhang -- Quantitative reverse transcription-qPCR-based gene expression analysis in plants / Heithem Ben Abdallah and Petra Bauer -- DNA-binding factor target identification by chromatin immunoprecipitation (ChIP) in plants / David Posé and Levi Yant -- Identification of genes responsible for natural variation in volatile content using next-generation sequencing technology / Iraida Amaya, Jeremy Pillet, and Kevin M. Folta -- Micro-tom tomato as an alternative plant model system : mutant collection and efficient transformation / Masahito Shikata and Hiroshi Ezura -- Culture of the tomato micro-tom cultivar in greenhouse / Christophe Rotha ... [et al.] -- Virus-induced gene silencing as a tool to study tomato fruit biochemistry / Elio Fantini and Giovanni Giuliano -- Simplified and rapid method for the isolation and transfection of Arabidopsis leaf mesophyll protoplasts for large-scale applications / Arnaldo L. Schapire and L. Maria Lois -- Preparation of epidermal peels and guard cell protoplasts for cellular, electrophysiological, and -omics assays of guard cell function / Mengmeng Zhu ... [et al.] -- Application of variable angle total internal reflection fluorescence microscopy to investigate protein dynamics in intact plant cells / Yinglang Wan ... [et al.] -- Immunoprecipitation of plasma membrane receptor-like kinases for identification of phosphorylation sites and associated proteins / asuhiro Kadota, Alberto P. Macho, and Cyril Zipfel -- Yeast three-hybrid system for the detection of protein-protein interactions / Natsumi Maruta, Yuri Trusov, and Jose R. Botella -- Cautions in measuring in vivo interactions using FRET and BiFC in Nicotiana benthamiana / Meral Tunc-Ozdemir, Yan Fu, and Alan M. Jones -- Analysis of protein-lipid interactions using purified C2 domains / Jessica Pérez-Sancho ... [et al.] -- Assessing kinase activity in plants with in-gel kinase assays / Pengcheng Wang and Jian-Kang Zhu -- Analyses of plant UDP-dependent glycosyltransferases to identify their volatile substrates using recombinant proteins / Yusuke Kamiyoshihara, Denise M. Tieman, and Harry J. Klee -- Competitive index : mixed infection-based virulence assays for genetic analysis in Pseudomonas syringae-plant interactions / Alberto P. Macho ... [e tal.] -- Simplified assays for evaluation of resistance to Alternaria brassicicola and turnip mosaic virus / Yuri Trusov ... [et al.] -- Simultaneous determination of plant hormones by GC-TOF-MS / José G. Vallarino and Sonia Osorio.
- 2008 Springer ProtocolsFoster, Gary D.
- 2014 Springer ProtocolsBirch, Paul; Bos, Jorunn I. B.; Jones, John T.Galaxy as a Platform for Identifying Candidate Pathogen Effectors -- Bioinformatic analysis of expression data to identify effector candidates -- Two-dimensional data binning for the analysis of genome architecture in filamentous plant pathogens and other eukaryotes -- On The Statistics Of Identifying Candidate Pathogen Effectors -- High-throughput imaging of plant immune responses -- In vivo protein-protein interaction studies with BiFC: conditions, cautions and caveats -- Particle bombardment-mediated transient expression to identify localization signals in plant disease resistance proteins and target sites for the proteolytic activity of pathogen effectors -- Purification of fungal haustoria from infected plant tissue by flow cytometry -- Functional Characterisation of Nematode Effectors in Plants -- Silencing of aphid genes by feeding on stable transgenic Arabidopsis thaliana -- Leaf-disc assay based on transient over-expression in Nicotiana benthamiana to allow functional screening of candidate effectors from aphids -- A growth quantification assay for Hyaloperonospora arabidopsidis isolates in Arabidopsis thaliana -- Simple quantification of in planta fungal biomass -- Virus-induced gene silencing and Agrobacterium tumefaciens-mediated transient expression in Nicotiana tabacum -- DIGE-ABPP by click chemistry: Pairwise comparison of serine hydrolase activities from the apoplast of infected plants -- A Simple and Fast Protocol for the Protein Complex Immunoprecipitation (Co-IP) of Effector Host Protein Complexes -- An Arabidopsis and Tomato Mesophyll Protoplast System for fast Identification of early MAMP-triggered Immunity-Suppressing Effectors -- Production of RXLR effector proteins for structural analysis by X-ray crystallography -- The Dos and Donts of effectoromics -- Protoplast cell death assay to study Magnaporthe oryzae AVR gene function in rice -- A Bacterial Type III Secretion Based Delivery System for Functional Assays of Fungal Effectors in Cereals -- Capture arrays to annotate resistance genes in plant genomes and to accelerate plant resistance gene discovery.
- 2014 Springer ProtocolsBobrowicz, Agnieszka J.; Rorbach, Joanna.
- 2002 Springer ProtocolsKannicht, Christoph.Assignment of disulfide bonds in proteins by chemical cleavage and peptide mapping by mass spectrometry / Jiang Wu -- Carbohydrate composition analysis of glycoproteins using highly sensitive fluorescence detection methods / George N. Saddic -- Enzymatical hydrolysis of N-glycans from glycoproteins and fluorescent labeling by 2-aminobenzamide (2-AB) / Rolf Nuck -- Separation of N-glycans by HPLC / Martin Gohlke -- Enzymatic sequence analysis of N-glycans / Christoph Kannicht -- Immunological detection of O-GlcNAc / Monika Rex-Mathes -- Analysis of O-glycosylation / Juan J. Calvete -- Characterization of site-specific glycosylation / Katalin F. Medzihradszky -- Monitoring glycosylation of therapeutic glycoproteins for consistency using highly fluorescent anthranilic acid / Shirish T. Dhume -- Metabolic labelling and structural analysis of glycosylphosphatidylinositols from parasitic protozoa / Peter Gerold -- Analysis of S-acylation of proteins / Michael Veit -- Immunoblotting methods for the study of protein ubiquitination / Edward G. Mimnaugh -- Analysis of methylation and acetylation in E. coli ribosomal proteins / Randy J. Arnold -- Identification of in vivo protein phosphorylation sites with mass spectrometry / Jun Qin -- Analysis of tyrosine-O-sulfation / Jens R. Bundgaard -- a-amidated peptides: approaches for analysis / Gregory P. Mueller -- y-glutamate and B-hydroxyaspartate in proteins / Francis J. Castellino -- Detection of isoAspartate residues as a posttranslational modification of proteins and peptides / Verne Schirch -- Lysine hydroxylation and crosslinking of collagen / Mitsuo Yamauchi -- Heterologous expression in endocrine cells for analysis of posttranslational modifications / Jens R. Bundgaard -- 2D-electrophoresis: detection of glycosylation and influence on spot pattern / Klemens Löster.
- ABCs of gene cloning. 2nd ed. — Encyclopedic reference of genomics and proteomics in molecular medicine (144)
- Epidermal growth factor : methods and protocols — Microfluidic diagnostics : methods and protocols (144)
- MicroRNA, cancer : from molecular biology to clinical practice — Posttranslational modifications of proteins : tools for functional proteomics (144)
- Precision molecular pathology of breast cancer — Yeast protocols. Third Edition. [3rd ed.] (142)
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Access restricted to Stanford community
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
Can't find it?
Look if we have it in print
- Springer Protocols
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
A repository of medical knowledge from internal medicine, cardiology, genetics, pharmacy, diagnosis and management, basic sciences, patient care, and more.
Continuously expanding, all databases in the repository contain the latest editions of selected medical titles.MicroMedex: Premier pharmaceutical information source containing multiple databases and drug reference tools. Of particular value is DRUGDEX Evaluations, one of the most comprehensive drug sources available.DynaMed is a clinical information resource used by physicians to answer clinical questions quickly and easily at the point of care. Topics are updated daily as new evidence becomes available.Scopus is the largest abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature: scientific journals, books and conference proceedings.A drug information resource containing: American Hospital Formulary System (AHFS), drug formulary for Lucile Packard Children's Hospital (LPCH) and Stanford Hospital & Clinics (SHC), Lexi-Drugs (adverse reactions, dosage and administration, mechanism of action, storage, use, and administration information), Lexi-Calc, Lexi-ID, Lexi-I.V. Compatibility (King Guide), Lexi-Interact, and Lexi-PALS.Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature (CINAHL) contains coverage of nursing and allied health literature.A knowledge database that provides access to topic reviews based on over 6000 clinically relevant articles. The evidence-based content, updated regularly, provides the latest practice guidelines in 59 medical specialtiesProvides critical assessments of systematic reviews compiled from a variety of medical journals.Selects from the biomedical literature original studies and systematic reviews that are immediately clinically relevant and then summarizes these articles in an enhanced abstract with expert commentary.
Multidisciplinary coverage of over 10,000 high-impact journals in the sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities, as well as international proceedings coverage for over 120,000 conferences.
Includes cited reference searching, citation maps, and an analyze tool.
Features systematic reviews that summarize the effects of interventions and makes a determination whether the intervention is efficacious or not.
Cochrane reviews are created through a strict process of compiling and analyzing data from multiple randomized control trials to ensure comprehensiveness and reliability.Provides systematic coverage of the psychological literature from the 1800s to the present through articles, book chapters and dissertations.BMJ Clinical Evidence. A clinical information tool built around systematic reviews summarizing the current state of knowledge about prevention and treatment of clinical conditions.PIER (Physicians' Information and Education Resource) is a Web-based decision-support tool designed for rapid point-of-care delivery of up-to-date, evidence-based guidance for primary care physicians.Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials (CENTRAL) provides access to 300,000 controlled trials that have been identified the Cochrane Collaboration.Provides drug information targeted for patients.A continually updating drug monograph.The National Guideline Clearinghouse (NGC): A comprehensive database of evidence-based clinical practice guidelines and related documents.MedlinePlus: A repository of health information from the National Library of Medicine. Links are from trusted sites. No advertising, no endorsement of commercial companies or productsLPCH CareNotes via MicroMedex: Patient education handouts customized by LPCH clinical staffMicromedex Lab Advisor: Evidence based laboratory test informationA drug database organized by generic name, trade name and drug class.LPCH / Stanford Hospital Formulary.A goldmine of trusted consumer health information from the world's largest medical library.A trusted source of expert advice for and about kids, providing the information necessary to help patients and parents understand their unique needs.Provides patient handouts from the American Academy of Family Physician.Access to the Stanford Health Library for patients.Lane provides access to over 5,000 eBooks many of which provide helpful background material that will prepare you to better tackle primary literature.
Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities.
In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.A collection of biomedical books that can be searched directly by concept, and linked to terms in PubMed abstracts.
A web-based, decision support system for infectious diseases, epidemiology, microbiology and antimicrobial chemotherapy. The database, updated weekly, currently includes 337 diseases, 224 countries, 1,147 microbial taxa and 306 antibacterial (-fungal, -parasitic, -viral) agents and vaccines.
Over 10,000 notes outline the status of specific infections within each country.
Provides online, full-text access to Springer's journal titles as well as journals from other publishers.
Subjects include: life sciences, chemical sciences, environmental sciences, geosciences, computer science, mathematics, medicine, physics and astronomy, engineering and economics. Also includes eBooks.Collection of over 8 thousand fulltext titles in engineering, math, and basic and applied biomedical research. Coverage is from 1967 to the present.A library of ebooks on a wide array of topics, digitized and made available online in conjunction with the original publishers.