Books by Subject
View by page
- ABCs of gene cloning. 2nd ed. — Gene therapy protocols. 3rd ed. (100)
- Gene transfer vectors for clinical application. 1st ed. — Molecular diagnostic PCR handbook (100)
- Molecular diagnostics 12 tests that changed everything — Structural genomics on membrane proteins (100)
- Structural proteomics high-throughput methods — Yeast protocols. 2nd ed. (21)
- Gene transfer vectors for clinical application. 1st ed. 2012, ScienceDirectGeneral principles of retrovirus vector design / Tammy Chang and Jiing-Kuan Yee -- Strategies for retrovirus-based correction of severe, combined immunodeficiency (SCID) / Alain Fischer, Salima Hacein-Bey-Abina, and Marina Cavazzana-Calvo -- Retrovirus and lentivirus vector design and methods of cell conditioning / Samantha Cooray, Steven J. Howe, and Adrian J. Thrasher -- Analysis of the clonal repertoire of gene-corrected cells in gene therapy / Anna Paruzynski ... [et al.] -- Developing novel lentiviral vectors into clinical products / Anna Leath and Kenneth Cornetta -- Lentivirus vectors in [beta]-thalassemia / Emmanuel Payen ... [et al.] -- Gene therapy for chronic granulomatous disease / Elizabeth M. Kang and Harry L. Malech -- Alternative splicing caused by lentiviral integration in the human genome / Arianna Moiani and Fulvio Mavilio -- Genotoxicity assay for gene therapy vectors in tumor prone mice / Eugenio Montini and Daniela Cesana -- Lentiviral hematopoietic cell gene therapy for X-linked adrenoleukodystrophy / Nathalie Cartier ... [et al.] -- Retroviral replicating vectors in cancer / Christopher R. Logg ... [et al.] -- Adeno-associated virus vectorology, manufacturing, and clinical applications / Joshua C. Grieger and R. Jude Samulski -- Gene delivery to the retina : from mouse to man / Jean Bennett, Daniel C. Chung, and Albert Maguire -- Generation of hairpin-based RNAi vectors for biological and therapeutic application / Ryan L. Boudreau and Beverly L. Davidson -- Recombinant adeno-associated viral vector reference standards / Philippe Moullier and Richard O. Snyder -- NIH oversight of human gene transfer research involving retroviral, lentiviral, and adeno-associated virus vectors and the role of the NIH Recombinant DNA Advisory Committee / Marina O'Reilly ... [et al.] -- Regulatory structures for gene therapy medicinal products in the European Union / Bettina Klug ... [et al.].
- Genetics and molecular biology of neural tumors 2008, Springer
- Genome mapping and genomics in laboratory animals 2012, SpringerGenomics in the sea urchin : new perspectives on a perennial model system / Katherine M. Buckley amd Jonathan P. Rast -- Genome mapping and genomics of Caenorhabditis elegans / Jonathan Hodgkin, Michael Paulini, and mary Ann Tuli -- Genome mapping and genomics in Drosophila / Boris Adryan and Steven Russell -- Genome structure, functional genomics, and proteomics in ascidians / Yasunori Sasakura, Nicolas Sierro, Kenta Nakai, Kazuo Inaba, and takehiro G. Kusakabe -- Punching above their weight : the compact genomes of pufferfishes / Brian Cusack and Hugues Roest Crollius -- Medaka genomics and the methods and resources for decoding genomic functions / Tetsuaki Kimura, Yasuhiro Kamei, Yusuke Takehana, Takao Sasado, and Kiyoshi Naruse -- Xenopus genomics and genetics : progress and prospects / Amy K. Sater and Michael J. Gilchrist -- Mouse genome mapping and genomics / Paul Denny -- Rat genome mapping and genetics / Claude Szpirer and Göran Levan.
- Genomes. 2nd ed. 2002, NCBI Bookshelf
- This book offers a valuable resource that allows students, researchers, educators and the general public to learn about proteomics and genomics. Chromosomes form the basis for our genetic heritage and are the code for protein synthesis. The Human Genome Map was presented in 2002, and the Proteome Sequence Map is currently being created by a global consortia initiative. Proteome and genome building blocks already form the basis of scientific research areas and shape major areas of the pharmaceutical and biomedical industries. The book provides background information on and our current understanding of these gene and protein areas, and explains in detail how cutting-edge science is using these resources to develop new medicines and new diagnostics for patient treatment and care. The book will benefit all students and researchers who need a good understanding of genomics and proteomics within the clinical field. Its content is also suitable for a broad readership, including those not specialized in this field. Dr. Marko-Varga is head of Div. Clinical Protein Science & Imaging at the Biomedical Center, Dept. of Measurement Technology and Industrial Electrical Engineering, Lund University. He's also Professor at the 1st Department of Surgery, Tokyo Medical University, Tokyo, Japan.
- Genomics protocols. 2nd ed. 2008, Springer ProtocolsProtein profiling based on two-dimensional difference gel electrophoresis / Gert Van den Bergh and Lutgarde Arckens -- Quantitative protein profiling by mass spectrometry using isotope-coded affinity tags / Arsalan S. Haqqani, John F. Kelly, and Danica B. Stanimirovic -- Quantitative protein profiling by mass spectrometry using label-free proteomics / Arsala S. Haqqani, John F. Kelly, and Danica B. Stanimirovic -- Using 2D-LC-MS/MS to identify Francisella tularensis peptides in extracts from an infected mouse macrophage cell line / John F. Kelly and Wen Ding -- Baculovirus expression vector system : an emerging host for high-throughput eukaryotic protein expression / Binesh Shrestha, Carol Smee, and Opher Gileadi -- Coimmunoprecipitation and proteomic analyses / S. Fabio Falsone, Bernd Gesslbauer, and Andreas J. Kungl -- Tandem affinity purification combined with mass spectrometry to identify components of protein complexes / Peter Kaiser ... [et al.] -- Mammalian two-hybrid assay for detecting protein-protein interactioins in vivo / Runtao He and Xuguang Li -- Detection of protein-protein interactions in live cells and animals with split firefly luciferase protein fragment complementation / Victor Villalobos, Snehal Naik, and David Piwnica-Worms -- Subcellular localization of intracellular human proteins by construction of tagged fusion proteins and transient expression in COS-7 cells / John E. Collins -- GeneFAS : a tool for the prediction of gene function using multiple sources of data / Trupti Joshi ... [et al.] --Comparative genomics-based prediction of protein function / Toni Gabaldón -- Design, manufacture, and assay of the efficacy of siRNAs for gene silencing / Louise A. Dawson and Badar A. Usmani. Whole genome amplification with Phi29 DNA polymerase to enable genetic or genomic analysis of samples of low DNA yield / Kaisa Silander and Janna Saarela -- Scanning for DNA variants by denaturant capillary electrophoresis / Per O. Ekstrøm -- Identification of SNPs, or mutations in sequence chromatograms / Nicole Draper -- BeadArray-based genotyping / Helen Butler and Jiannis Ragoussis -- Microsattelite-based candidate gene linkage analysis studies / Cathryn Mellersh -- Full complexity genomic hybridization on 60-mer oligonucleotide microarrays for array comparative genomic hybridization (aCGH) / Alexei Protopopov, Bin Feng, and Lynda Chin -- Detection of copy number changes at multiple loci in DNA prepared from formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissue by multiplex ligation -dependent probe amplification / Minoru Takata -- Application of microarrays for DNA methylation profiling / Axel Schumacher, Andreas Weinhäusl, and Arturas Petronis -- Genomewide identification of protein binding locations using chromatin immunoprecipitation coupled with microarray / Byung-Kwan Cho, Eric M. Knight, and Bernhard Ø. Palsson -- Transcriptional profiling of small samples in the central nervous system / Stephen D. Ginsberg -- Quantitative expression profiling of RNA from formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissues using randomly assembled bead arrays / Marina Bibikova ... [et al.] -- Expression profiling of microRNAs in cancer cells : technical considerations / Mouldy Sioud and Lina Cekaite -- Identification of disease biomarkers by profiling of serum proteins using SELDI-TOF mass spectrometry / Sigrun Langbein -- The applicability of a cluster of differentiation monoclonal antibody microarray to the diagnosis of human disease / Peter Ellmark ... [et al.] --
- Germ cell development in C. elegans 2013, Springer
- Glioma signaling 2013, Springer
- Glycobiology protocols 2006, Springer ProtocolsGene expression analysis of glycosylation-related genes by real-time polymerase chain reaction / Juan J. Garcia-Vallejo ... [et al.] -- Analysis of the glycodynamics of primary osteoblasts and bone cancer cells / Inka Brockhausen-Schutzbach, Xiaojing Yang, and Mark Harrison -- Micromethods for the characterization of lipid a core and o-antigen lipopolysaccharide / Cristina L. Marolda ... [et al.] -- Assays for a galactosyltransferase involved in the assembly of the O7 antigen repeat unit of escherichia coli / Inka Brockhausen-Schutzbach ... [et al.] -- High-throughput quantitation of metabolically labeled anionic glycoconjugates by scintillation proximity assay utilizing binding to cationic dyes / Karen J. Rees-Milton and Tassos P. Anastassiades -- Quantitative analysis of mucins in mucosal secretions using indirect ELISA / Pablo Argueso and Ilene K. Gipson -- Molecular dissection of the mouse zona pellucida: an electron microscopic perspective utilizing high-resolution colloidal-gold labeling methods / Frederick W. K. Kan -- Soluble adamantly glycosphingolipid analogs as probes of glycosphingolipid function / Clifford Lingwood ... [et al.] -- Diagnosis of Krabbe disease by use of a natural substrate / John W. Callahan and Marie-Anne Skomorowski -- In vitro assays of the functions of calnexin and calreticulin, lectin-chaperones of the endoplasmic reticulum / Breanna S. Ireland, Monika Niggemann, and David B. Williams -- Quantitative measurement of selectin-ligand interactions: assays to identify a sweet pill in a library of carbohydrates / Mark E. Beauharnois, Sriram Neelamegham, and Khushi L. Matta -- Sialic acid-binding specificities of siglecs / Nadine Bock and Soerge Kelm. The application of fluorophore-assisted carbohydrate -- Electrophoresis for the study of the dolichol pyrophosphate-linked oligosaccharides pathway in cell cultures and animal tissues / Ningguo Gao -- Partial purification of mannosylphosphorylundecaprenol synthase from micrococcus luteus: a useful enzyme for the biosynthesis of a variety of mannosylphosphorylpolyisoprenol products / Jeffrey S. Rush and Charles J. Waechter -- Assay of dolichyl-phospho-mannose synthase reconstituted in a lipid matrix / John S. Schutzbach -- O-mannosylation in mammalian cells / Tamao Endo and Hiroshi Manya -- Methods for analysis of unusual forms of o-glycosylation / Aleksandra Nita-Lazar and Robert S. Haltiwanger -- Structural analysis of naturally occurring sialic acids / Johannis P. Kamerling and Gerrit J. Gerwig -- Non-radioactive trans-sialidase screening assay / Silke Schrader and Roland Schauer -- Structural determination of o-glycans by tandem mass spectrometry / Catherine Robbe, Jean-Claude Michalski, and Calliope Capon -- Detailed structural analysis of n-glycans released from glycoproteins in SDS-page gel bands using HPLC combined with exoglycosidase array digestions / Louise Royle ... [et al.] -- Molecular modeling of glycosyltransferases / Anne Imberty ... [et al.] -- Galactoside_2,6-sialyltransferase (st6gal.i) and the sialyl_2,6-galactosyl-linkage in tissues and cell lines / Fabio Dall'Olio, Nadia Malagolini, and Mariella Chiricolo -- Visualizing intracellular distribution and activity of core 2 _(1,6)n-acetylglucosaminyltransferase-I (C2GNT-I) in living cells / Maelle Prorok-Hamon, Sylvie Mathieu, and Assou El-Battari --
- ER-bound steps in the biosynthesis of G protein-coupled receptors / Christian Nanoff and Michael Freissmuth -- Role of chaperones in G Protein coupled receptor signaling complex assembly / Denis J. Dupré, Maha M. Hammad, Patrick Holland and Jaime Wertman -- GPCR oligomerization: contribution to receptor biogenesis / Kathleen Van Craenenbroeck -- The functional size of GPCRs: monomers, dimers or tetramers? / Darlaine Pétrin and Terence E. Hébert -- Regulation of post-Golgi traffic of G protein-coupled receptors / Guangyu Wu -- Regulated GPCR trafficking to the plasma membrane: general issues and the CCR5 chemokine receptor example / Hamasseh Shirvani, Gabriel Gätà and Stefano Marullo -- Regulatory processes governing the cell surface expression of LH and FSH receptors / Deborah L. Segaloff -- Chaperone-mediated assembly of G protein complexes / Barry M. Willardson and Christopher M. Tracy -- Synthesis and assembly of G protein [beta][gamma] dimers: comparison of in vitro and in vivo studies / Jane Dingus and John D. Hildebrandt -- Preferential assembly of G-[alpha][beta][gamma] complexes directed by the [gamma] subunits / Janet D. Robishaw -- G Protein trafficking / Philip B. Wedegaertner -- Differential assembly of GPCR signaling complexes determines signaling specificity / Pascal Maurice, Abla Benleulmi-Chaachoua and Ralf Jockers -- GPCR and voltage-gated calcium channels (VGCC) signaling complexes / Christophe Altier -- Pharmacological chaperones correct misfolded GPCRs and rescue function: protein trafficking as a therapeutic target / Guadalupe Maya-Núñez, Alfredo Ulloa-Aguirre, Jo Ann Janovick and P. Michael Conn.
- Green fluorescent protein applications and protocols 2002, Springer Protocols
- GTPases regulating membrane dynamics 2005, ScienceDirect
- GTPases regulating membrane targeting and fusion 2005, ScienceDirect
- Guide to investigation of mouse pregnancy 2014, ScienceDirectThe Guide to Investigation of Mouse Pregnancy is the first publication to cover the mouse placenta or the angiogenic tree the mother develops to support the placenta. This much-needed resource covers monitoring of the cardiovascular system, gestational programming of chronic adult disease, epigenetic regulation, gene imprinting, and stem cells. Offering detailed and integrated information on how drugs, biologics, stress, and manipulations impact pregnancy in the mouse model, this reference highlights techniques used to analyze mouse pregnancy.
- Guide to yeast genetics functional genomics, proteomics, and other systems analysis. 2nd ed. 2010, ScienceDirect
- Guidelines for molecular analysis in archive tissues 2011, Springer
- Handbook of biochemistry and molecular biology. 4th ed. 2010, CRCnetBASE"Offering a molecular perspective not available 20 years ago, [this edition] provides physical and chemical data on proteins, nucleic acids, lipids, and carbohydrates. Presented in an organized, concise, and simple-to-use format, this popular reference allows quick access to the most frequently used data. Covering a wide range of topics, from classical biochemistry to proteomics and genomics, it also details the properties of commonly used biochemicals, laboratory solvents, and reagents." --excerpts from book jacket.
- Handbook of computational molecular biology 2006, CRCnetBASE
- "Reflecting the milestones in the field that have occurred since the publication of the first edition, this book provides an updated tool kit that incorporates conventional as well as modern approaches to tackling biological and medicinal research in the post genomic era. The authors have evaluated, revised, and sometimes replaced all protocols with more efficient, reliable, or simpler ones. The book is also completely reorganized and covers topics of modern "omics" approaches, including genomics, proteomics, and metabolomics. This is followed coverage of the Manipulation of Biological Systems, including RNAi, and the use of microscopy"--Provided by publisher.
- Handbook of neurochemistry and molecular neurobiology. Neural signaling mechanisms. 3rd ed. 2009, Springer
- Alterations of Neurotransmitter Receptors in Schizophrenia: Evidence from Postmortem Studies / L. V. Kristiansen, R. M. Cowell, M. Biscaia, R. E. McCullumsmith and J. H. Meador-Woodruff -- An Overview and Current Perspective on Family Studies of Schizophrenia / L. E. DeLisi -- Auditory Cortex Anatomy and Asymmetry in Schizophrenia / J. F. Smiley -- Cholinergic Mechanisms in Schizophrenia / T. J. Raedler and R. Freedman -- Cortical Dopamine in Schizophrenia / A. Abi-Dargham -- Dysbindin-1 and Its Protein Family With Special Attention to the Potential Role of Dysbindin-1 in Neuronal Functions and the Pathophysiology of Schizophrenia / K. Talbot, W.- Y. Ong, D. J. Blake, J. Tang and N. Louneva, et al. -- Early-Stage Visual Processing Deficits in Schizophrenia / P. D. Butler -- Event-Related Potentials (ERPs) in the Study of Schizophrenia: How Preclinical ERP Studies have Contributed to our Understanding of Schizophrenia / J. M. Phillips, C. R. Maxwell, R. S. Ehrlichman and S. J. Siegel -- G72/G30 in Neuropsychiatric Disorders / J. Shi, L. Cheng, E. S. Gershon and C. Liu -- Glutamatergic Approaches to the Conceptualization and Treatment of Schizophrenia / J. Kantrowitz and D. C. Javitt -- Hippocampus / S. Heckers -- Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy / P. Milev, S. Miranowski and K. O. Lim -- Neuregulin 1 and Schizophrenia / Y.-J. J. Chen, L. W. Role and D. A. Talmage -- Redox Dysregulation in Schizophrenia: Genetic Susceptibility and Pathophysiological Mechanisms / K. Q. Do, P. Bovet, J. H. Cabungcal, P. Conus and R. Gysin, et al. -- Synaptic Vesicle Associated Proteins and Schizophrenia / H. T. Kao and B. Porton -- The Neurobiology of Negative Symptoms and the Deficit Syndrome / B. A. Fischer, B. Kirkpatrick and W. T. Carpenter -- The Role of Prefrontal Abnormalities in Schizophrenia / M. J. Hoptman and K. A. Nolan.
- Harper's Illustrated biochemistry 2012 (29th ed.)., AccessMedicine
- Hematopoietic stem cell protocols. 2nd ed. 2008, Springer ProtocolsThe expanding tool kit for hematopoietic stem cell research / William Tse and Kevin D. Bunting -- Isolation of quiescent murine hematopoietic stem cells by homing properties / Tarja A. Juopperi and Saul J. Sharkis -- Mobilization of hematopoietic stem and progenitor cells in mice / Simon N. Robinson and Ronald P. van Os -- Transmigration of human CD34⁺ cells / Seiji Fukuda and Louis M. Pelus -- Flow cytometry-based cell cycle measurement of mouse hematopoietic stem and progenitor cells / Hongmei Shen, Matthew Boyer, and Tao Cheng -- Analysis of apoptosis in hematopoietic stem cells by flow cytometry / William G. Kerr -- In vitro hematopoietic differentiation of murine embryonic stem cells / Jinhua Shen and Cheng-Kui Qu -- Hematopoietic development of human embryonic stem cells in culture / Xinghui Tian and Dan S. Kaufman -- In vitro human T cell development directed by notch-ligand interactions / Génève Awong, Ross N. La Motte-Mohs, and Juan Carlos Zuñiga-Pflücker -- In vitro assays for cobblestone area-forming cells, LTC-IC, and CFU-C / Ronald P. van Os, Bertien Dethmers-Ausema, and Gerald de Haan -- Hematopoietic stem cell transplant in mice by intra-femoral injection / Yuxia Zhan and Yi Zhao -- Hematopoietic stem cell transplant into non-myeloblated W/Wv mice to detect steady-state engraftment defects / Zhengqi Wang and Kevin D. Bunting -- Isolation and functional characterization of side population stem cells / Jonathan B. Johnnidis and Fernando D. Camargo -- Transplantation of chimeric fetal liver to study hematopoiesis / Sigrid Eckardt and K. John McLaughlin -- Immunodeficient mouse models to study human stem cell-mediated tissue repair / Ping Zhou ... [et al.] -- Retroviral transduction of murine hematopoietic stem cells / Peter Haviernik, Yi Zhang, and Kevin D. Bunting -- Lentiviral gene transduction of mouse and human stem cells / Zhaohui Ye, Xiaobing Yu, and Linzhao Cheng -- Retroviral integration site analysis in hematopoietic stem cells / Olga S. Kustikova, Christopher Baum, and Boris Fehse -- A detailed protocol for bacterial artificial chromosome recombineering to study essential genes in stem cells / Andriy Tsyrulnyk and Richard Moriggl -- Bioluminescence imaging of hematopoietic stem cell repopulation in murine models / Yuan Lin ... [et al.]
- Hepatocytes methods and protocols 2010, Springer Protocols1. General review on in vitro hepatocyte models and their applications / Christiane Guguen-Guillouzo and Andre Guillouzo -- 2. Human foetal hepatocytes / Anne Weber ... [et al.] -- 3. Isolation and culture of primary hepatocytes from resected human liver tissue / Edward L. LeCluyse and Eliane Alexandre -- 4. Optimisation of the cryopreservation of primary hepatocytes / Nicola J. Hewitt -- 5. Cryopreservation of human hepatocytes for clinical use / Ragai R. Mitry, Sharon C. Lehec, and Robin D. Hughes -- 6. Hepatocyte differentiation / Katy M. Olsavsky Goyak, Elizabeth M. Laurenzana, and Curtis J. Omiecinski -- 7. Reversible manipulation of apoptosis sensitivity in cultured hepatocytes by matrix-mediated manipulation of signaling activities / Patricio Godoy ... [et al.] -- 8. Markers and signaling factors for stem cell differentiation to hepatocytes / Frédéric Lemaigre -- 9. Hepatic stem cells / Robert E. Schwartz and Catherine Verfaillie -- 10. Hepatic stem cells and liver development / Nalu Navarro-Alvarez, Alejandro Soto-Gutierrez, and Naoya Kobayashi -- 11. Generation of hepatocytes from human embryonic stem cells / Neta Lavon -- 12. Isolation and culture of adult human liver progenitor cells / Sabine Gerbal-Chaloin ... [et al.] -- 13. The HepaRG cell line / Marie-Jeanne Marion, Olivier Hantz, and David Durantel -- 14. Transdifferentiation of pancreatic cells to hepatocytes / Chia-Ning Shen and David Tosh -- 15. Evaluation of drug metabolism, drug-drug interactions and in vitro hepatotoxicity with cryopreserved human hepatocytes / Albert P. Li -- 16. The use of human hepatocytes to investigate drug metabolism and CYP enzyme induction / Sylvie Klieber ... [et al.] -- 17. The use of hepatocytes to investigate UDP-glucuronosyltransferases and sulfotransferases / Sylvie Fournel-Gigleux ... [et al.] -- 18. The use of hepatocytes to investigate drug uptake transporters / Kazuya Maeda and Yuichi Sugiyama -- 19. Metabonomic studies on human hepatocyte in primary culture / Vincent Croizmarie ... [et al.] -- 20. The application of HepRG cells in evaluation of cytochrome P450 induction properties of drug compounds / Tommy B. Andersson -- 21. The use of hepatocytes to investigate drug toxicity / María José Gómez-Lechón, José V. Castell, Maria Teresa Donato -- 22. The use of human hepatocytes to investigate bile acid synthesis / Ewa C.S. Ellis and Lisa-Mari Nilsson -- 23. The use of human hepatocytes to investigate blood coagulation factor / Christine Biron-Andréani ... [et al.] -- 24. Use of human hepatocytes to investigate HCV infection / Lydiane Pichard-Garcia ... [et al.] -- 25. The use of hepatocytes to investigate HDV infection / Camille Sureau -- 26. Rodent models of liver repopulation / Helène Gilgenkrantz -- 27. Chimeric mice with humanized liver / Stephen C. Strom, Julio Davila, and Markus Grompe -- 28. Bioartificial liver support systems / Gesine Pless -- 29. Human hepatocyte transplantation / Anil Dhawan ... [et al.].
- Hormone assays in biological fluids 2006, Springer ProtocolsImmunoassay techniques / Michael J. Wheeler -- High-performance liquid chromatography for hormone assay / John W. Honour -- Gas chromatography-mass spectrometry / John W. Honour -- An introduction to PCR techniques / Gill Rumsby -- Methods for the investigation of thyroid function / Christine R. Squire -- Assays for LH, FSH, and prolactin / Michael J. Wheeler -- Adrenocorticotropic hormone and related peptides / Les A. Perry -- Measurement of glucocorticoids in biological fluids / Geoff Holder -- Urinary steroid profiling / Norman F. Taylor -- Measurement of aldosterone in blood / Marion L. Cawood -- Measurement of plasma renin activity / Marion L. Cawood -- Measurement of androgens / Michael J. Wheeler -- Measurement of gut hormones in plasma / Shahred Taheri, Mohammed Ghatei, and Steve Bloom -- Measurement of melatonin and 6-sulphatoxymelatonin / Benita Middleton.
- Hormone receptors in breast cancer 2009, Springer
- HPLC of biological macromolecules. 2nd ed., rev. and expanded. 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Imaging and spectroscopic analysis of living cells. Imaging live cells in health and disease. 1st ed. 2012, ScienceDirectSection 1. Viruses, microbes, and parasites. Microbial cells analysis by atomic force microscopy / David Alsteens ; Understanding parasite transmission through imaging approaches / Mirko Singer and Freddy Frischknecht ; Multiphoton microscopy applied for real-time intravital imaging of bacterial infections in vivo / Ferdinand X. Choong ... [et al.] ; Analysis of virus entry and cellular membrane dynamics by single particle tracking / Helge Ewers and Mario Schelhaas ; Imaging of live malaria blood stage parasites / Christof Grüring and Tobias Spielmann ; Escherichia coli K1 invasion of human brain microvascular endothelial cells / Lip Nam Loh and Theresa H. Ward -- Section 2. Disease states. Real-time imaging after cerebral ischemia : model systems for visualization of inflammation and neuronal repair / Pierre Cordeau and Jasna Kriz ; In vivo real-time visualization of leukocytes and intracellular hydrogen peroxide levels during a zebrafish acute inflammation assay / Luke Pase, Cameron J. Nowell, and Graham J. Lieschke ; Imaging protein oligomerization in neurodegeneration using bimolecular fluorescence complementation / Federico Herrera, Susana Gonçalves, and Tiago Fleming Outeiro ; 3D/4D functional imaging of tumor-associated proteolysis : impact of microenvironment / Kamiar Moin ... [et al.] -- Section 3. Other techniques. Live cell imaging in live animals with fluorescent proteins / Robert M. Hoffman ; Protein activation dynamics in cells and tumor micro arrays assessed by time resolved Förster resonance energy transfer / Véronique Calleja, Pierre Leboucher, Banafshe ́Larijani ; Imaging stem cell differentiation for cell-based tissue repair / Zhenghong Lee ... [et al.] ; Understanding the initiation of B cell signaling through live cell imaging / Angel M. Davey ... [et al.] ; A quantitative method for measuring phototoxicity of a live cell imaging microscope / Jean-Yves Tinevez ... [et al.] ; High content screening of defined chemical libraries using normal and glioma-derived neural stem cell lines / Davide Danovi ... [et al.] ; High-throughput screening in primary neurons / Punita Sharma ... [et al.] ; Live imaging fluorescent proteins in early mouse embryos / Panagiotis Xenopoulos, Sonja Nowotschin, and Anna-Katerina Hadjantonakis ; Methods for three-dimensional analysis of dendritic spine dynamics / Enni Bertling ... [et al.] ; Imaging cell competition in Drosophila imaginal discs / Shizue Ohsawa ... [et al.] ; Live cell imaging of the oviduct / Sabine Kölle -- Computational quantification of fluorescent leukocyte numbers in zebrafish embryos / Felix Ellett and Graham J. Lieschke -- Four-dimensional tracking of lymphocyte migration and interactions in lymph nodes by two-photon microscopy / Masahiro Kitano and Takaharu Okada.
- Imaging of nucleic acids and quantitation in photonic microscopy 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Immunity, tumors and aging the role of HSP70 2013, SpringerA General Description of HSPs, The Molecular Structure of HSP70 and The HSP70 Cycle -- The Functions of HSP70 in Normal Cells -- HSP70 in Damaged Cells -- Mechanisms of Activation and Inactivation of HSP70 Synthesis -- HSP70 in the Immune Responses -- HSP70 in Carcinogenesis -- HSP70 in aging -- The role of HSP70 in the protection of: (A) The brain in alzheimer's disease and (B) The heart in cardiac surgery.
- In situ hybridization in electron microscopy 2001, CRCnetBASE
- In situ hybridization protocols. 3rd ed. 2005, Springer ProtocolsIn situ hybridization using riboprobes on free-floating brain sections / Neil C. Owens, F. Martin Hess, and Emilio Badoer -- An in situ hybridization technique to detect low-abundance slug mRNA in adherent cultured cells / Changsun Choi ... [et al.] -- Identification of transplanted human cells in animal tissues / Daniel Benten, Kang Cheng, and Sanjeev Gupta -- In situ hybridization to plant tissues and chromosomes / Andreas Houben, Sharon J. Orford, and Jeremy N. Timmis -- Histochemical localization of cell proliferation using in situ hybridization for histone mRNA / Tim D. Hewitson, Kristen J. Kelynack, and Ian A. Darby -- Histochemical localization of apoptosis with in situ labeling of fragmented DNA / Tim D. Hewitson, Teresa Bisucci, and Ian A. Darby -- Nonradioactive in situ hybridization on frozen sections and whole mounts / Julia Asp, Alexandra Abramsson, and Christer Betsholtz -- In situ hybridization of whole mount embryos / Murray Hargrave, Josephine Bowles, and Peter Koopman -- In situ detection of Epstein-Barr virus and phenotype determination of EBV-infected cells / Gerald Niedobitek and Hermann Herbst -- PNA- situ hybridization method for detection of HIV-1 DNA in virus-infected cells and subsequent detection of cellular and viral proteins / Tomoko Hagiwara, Junko Hattori, and Tsuguhiro Kaneda -- Electron microscopy and in situ hybridization: expression of P2Y2 receptor mRNA in the cerebellum / Andrzej Loesch and Rainer Glass -- The use of combined immunohistochemical labeling and in situ hybridization to colocalize mRNA and protein in tissue sections / Malcolm D. Smith, Michael Ahern, and Mark Coleman -- Semiquantitative in situ hybridization using radioactive probes to study gene expression in motoneuron populations / Paul D. Storer and Tracey DeLucia -- Quantitative in situ hybridization of tissue microarrays / Adrian M. Jubb ... [et al.]. Treatment of tissue sections for in situ hybridization / Gregory H. Tesch, Hui Y. Lan, and David J. Nikolic-Paterson -- Preparation of template DNA and labeling techniques / Peter J. Roche -- In situ hybridization using cRNA probes: isotopic and nonisotopic detection methods / Ian A. Darby ... [et al.] -- Tyramide signal amplification for DNA and mRNA in situ hybridization / Ernst J.M. Speel, Anton H.N. Hopman, and Paul Komminoth -- Expression analysis of murine genes using in situ hybridization with radioactive and nonradioactively labeled RNA probes / Anne Chotteau-Lelièvre, Pascal Dollé, and Françoise Gofflot --
- In vitro transcription and translation protocols. 2nd ed. 2007, Springer ProtocolsEnergy systems for ATP regeneration in cell-free protein synthesis reactions / Kara A. Calhoun and James R. Swartz -- Continuous-exchange protein-synthesizing systems / Vladimir A. Shirokov ... [et al.] -- Cell-free production of integral membrane proteins on a preparative scale / Christian Klammt ... [et al.] -- SIMPLEX : a novel method for high-throughput construction and screening of protein libraries / Suang Rungpragayphan, Tsuneo Yamane, and Hideo Nakano -- Methods for high-throughput materialization of genetic information based on the wheat germ cell-free expression system / Tatsuya Sawasaki ... [et al.] -- Exogenous protein expression in Xenopus oocytes : basic procedures / Elena Bossi ... [et al.] -- In vitro translation to study HIV protease activity / Zene Matsuda ... [et al.] -- The protein truncation test in mutation detection and molecular diagnosis / Oliver Hauss and Oliver Muller -- Creation of novel enantioselective lipases by SIMPLEX / Yuichi Koga, Tsuneo Yamane, and Hideo Nakano -- In vitro transcription and translation coupled with two-dimensional electrophoresis for bacterial proteome analysis / Nathalie Norais ... [et al.] -- In vitro screen of bioinformatically selected Bacillus anthracis vaccine candidates by coupled transcription, translation, and immunoprecipitation analysis / Orit Gat, Haim Grosfeld, and Avigdor Shafferman -- Functional expression of Type 1 rat GABA transporter in microinjected Xenopus laevis oocytes / Stefano Giovannardi ... [et al.] -- Production of protein for nuclear magnetic resonance study using the wheat germ cell-free system / Toshiyuki Kohno and Yaeta Endo.
- Inositol phosphates and lipids methods and protocols 2009, Springer ProtocolsThe role of inositol and the principles of labelling, extraction, and analysis of inositides in mammalian cells / Christopher J. Barker and Per-Olof Berggren -- HPLC separation of inositol polyphosphates / Christopher J. Barker, Christopher Illies, and Per-Olof Berggren -- Molecular manipulation and analysis of inositol phosphate and pyrophosphate levels in mammalian cells / James C. Otto and John D. York -- A femtomole-sensitivity mass assay for inositol hexakisphosphate / Andrew J. Letcher, Michael J. Schell, and Robin F. Irvine -- Synthesis of InsP₇ by the inositol hexakisphosphate kinase 1 (IP6K1) / Cristina Azevedo ... [et al.] -- Protein pyrophosphorylation by diphosphoinositol pentakisphosphate (InsP₇) / J. Kent Werner Jr., Traci Speed, and Rashna Bhandari -- Synthesis and nonradioactive micro-analysis of diphosphoinositol phosphates by HPLC with postcolumn complexometry / Hongying Lin, Karsten Lindner, and Georg W. Mayr -- Diphosphosinositol polyphosphates and energy metabolism : assay for ATP/ADP ratio / Andreas Nagel ... [et al.] -- Isolation of inositol 1,4,5-triphosphate receptor-associating proteins and selective knockdown using RNA interference / Akihiro Mizutani ... [et al.] -- Phosphoinositide-specific phospholipase C [beta]1 signal transduction in the nucleus / Roberta Fiume ... [et al.] -- Methods to assess changes in the pattern of nuclear phosphoinositides / Nullin Divecha -- Measurement of phosphoinositide 3-kinase products in cultured mammalian cells by HPLC / Frank T. Cooke -- Phosphoinositide analysis by liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry / Trevor R. Pettitt -- Imaging phosphoinositide dynamics in living cells / Anne Wuttke, Olof Idevall-Hagren, and Anders Tengholm.
- Integrative plant biochemistry. 1st ed. 2006, ScienceDirectTerpene indole alkaloid biosynthesis / Sarah E. O'Connor, Elizabeth McCoy -- Pathways to diverse ergot alkaloid profiles in fungi / Daniel G. Panaccione, Christopher L. Schardl, Christine M. Coyle -- Compartmentalization of plant secondary metabolism / Nailish Samanani, Peter J. Facchini -- Comparative genomics of the shikimate pathways in Arabidopsis, Populus trichocarpa and Oryza sativa : shikimate pathway gene family structure and identification of candidates for missing links in pehnylalanine biosynthesis / Björn Hamberger ... [et al.] -- Tomato glandular trichomes as a model system for exploring evolution of specialized metabolism in a single cell / Eyal Fridman ... [et al.] -- Anacardic acid biosynthesis and bioactivity / David J. Schultz, Nalinie S. Wickramasinghe, Carolyn M. Klinge -- Molecular and biochemical investigations of sorgoleone biosynthesis / Daniel Cook ... [et al.] -- Biosynthesis of terpenophenolic metabolites in hop and cannabis / Jonathan E. Page, Jana Nagel -- Engineering pathway enzymes to understand the function and evolution of sterol structure and activity / Pruthvi Jayasimha ... [et al.] -- Methylation and demethylation of plant signaling molecules / Yue Yang ... [et al.] -- Recent advances in auxin biosynthesis and conjugation / Amber Kei Bowers, Yunde Zhao -- Auxin biology and biosynthesis / Jessica Calio, Yuen Yee Tam, Jennifer Normanly -- Translational opportunities in plant biochemistry / Cecilia A. McIntosh.
- Integrins and ion channels molecular complexes and signaling 2010, SpringerIntegrin structure and functional relation with ion channels / Annarosa Arcangeli and Andrea Becchetti -- Introduction to ion channels / Chiara Di Resta and Andrea Becchetti -- Biochemical methods to study the interactions between integrins and ion channels / Olivia Crociani -- Optical methods in the study of protein : protein interactions / Alessio Masi ... [et al.] -- Integrins and signal transduction / -- Sara Cabodi ... [et al.] -- Physical and functional interaction between integrins and herg1 channels in cancer cells / Serena Pillozzi and Annarosa Arcangeli -- Coordinated regulation of vascular Ca2+ and K+ channels by integrin signaling / Peichun Gui ... [et al.] -- Adhesion : dependent modulation of macrophage K+ channels / Margaret Colden-Stanfield -- Integrin receptors and ligand : gated channels / Raffaella Morini and Andrea Becchetti -- Integrins and ion channels in cell migration : implications for neuronal development, wound healing and metastatic spread / Andrea Becchetti and Annarosa Arcangeli.
- Introduction to biological and small molecule drug research and development theory and case studies 2013, ScienceDirectChapter 1. Introduction to enzymes, receptors and the action of small molecule drugs -- chapter 2. Protein structure and function -- chapter 3. The small molecule drug discovery process : from target selection to candidate selection -- chapter 4. Protein therapeutics (introduction to biopharmaceuticals) -- chapter 5. Similarities and differences in the discovery and use of biopharmaceuticals and small-molecule chemotherapeutics -- chapter 6. Therapies for type 2 diabetes : modulating the incretin pathway using small molecule peptidase inhibitors or peptide mimetics -- chapter 7. The structure and business of biopharmaceutical companies including the management of risks and resources -- chapter 8. Discovery and development of the anticancer agent gefitinib, an inhibitor of the epidermal growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase -- chapter 9. Targeting HER2 by monoclonal antibodies for cancer therapy -- chapter 10. Recombinant human erythropoietin and its analogues -- chapter 11. Lysosomal storage disorders : current treatments and future directions -- chapter 12. Hormone replacement therapy -- chapter 13. Design of the anti-HIV protease inhibitor darunavir -- chapter 14. The case of anti-TNF agents -- chapter 15. Discovery of the cholesterol absorption inhibitor, ezetimibe.
- Introduction to biological membranes from bilayers to rafts 2013, ScienceDirectAn Introduction to Biological Membranes: From Bilayers to Rafts covers many aspects of membrane structure/function that bridges membrane biophysics and cell biology. Offering cohesive, foundational information, this publication is valuable for advanced undergraduate students, graduate students and membranologists who seek a broad overview of membrane science. Brings together different facets of membrane research in a universally understandable mannerEmphasis on the historical development of the field. Topics include membrane sugars, membrane models, membrane isolation methods, and membrane transport.
- Introduction to Markov State Models and their application to long timescale molecular simulation 2014, SpringerThe aim of this book volume is to explain the importance of Markov state models to molecular simulation, how they work, and how they can be applied to a range of problems. The Markov state model (MSM) approach aims to address two key challenges of molecular simulation: 1) How to reach long timescales using short simulations of detailed molecular models 2) How to systematically gain insight from the resulting sea of data MSMs do this by providing a compact representation of the vast conformational space available to biomolecules by decomposing it into states sets of rapidly interconverting conformations and the rates of transitioning between states.This kinetic definition allows one to easily vary the temporal and spatial resolution of an MSM from high-resolution models capable of quantitative agreement with (or prediction of) experiment to low-resolution models that facilitate understanding. Additionally, MSMs facilitate the calculation of quantities that are difficult to obtain from more direct MD analyses, such as the ensemble of transition pathways. This book introduces the mathematical foundations of Markov models, how they can be used to analyze simulations and drive efficient simulations, and some of the insights these models have yielded in a variety of applications of molecular simulation.
- Introduction to molecular biophysics 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Ion channels methods and protocols 2006, Springer ProtocolsA simple in-vivo method for assessing changes of membrane bound ion channel density in xenopus oocytes / Mouhamed S. Awayda ... [et al.] -- Preparation of cortical brain slices for electrophysiological recording / Costa M. Colbert -- Juxtacellular labeling and chemical phenotyping of extracellulary recorded neurons in vivo / Glenn M. Toney and Lynette C. Daws -- Carbon fiber amperometry in the study of ion channels and secretion / Duk-Su Koh -- Genetic screening for functionality of bacterial potassium channel mutants using K+ update-deficient escherichia coli / Lyubov V. Parfenova and Brad S. Rothberg -- KCNQ1 K channel-mediated cardiac channelopathies / Gildas Loussouarn, Isabelle Baro, and Denis Escade -- Tissue-specific transgenic and knockout mice / Andrée Porret ... [et al.]. Functional reconstitution of the human epithelial Na+ channel in a mammalian expression system / Alexander Staruschenko ... [et al.] -- Overexpression of proteins in neurons using replication-deficient virus / Richard M. Ahlquist and Jane M. Sullivan -- Exogenous expression of proteins in neurons using the biolistic particle delivery system / Nikita Gamper and Mark S. Shapiro -- Tertiary and quaternary structure formation of voltage-gated potassium channels / John M. Robinson, Andrey Kosolapov, and Carol Deutsch -- Biophysical approach to determine the subunit stoichiometry of the epithelial sodium channel using the xenopus laevis oocyte expression system / Farhad Kosari, Shaou Sheng, and Thomas R. Kleyman -- Spectroscopy-based quantitative fluorescence resonance energy transfer analysis / Jie Zheng -- Probing the effects of phosphoinositides on ion channels / Chou-Long Huang -- Epithelial sodium channel in planar lipid bilayers / Bakhrom K. Berdiev and Dale J. Benos --
- Kainate receptors novel signaling insights 2011, Springer"This volume critically examines the functional actions of the kainate type glutamate receptors (KARs). Following on from the larger body of work on the NMDA and AMPA-type ionotropic glutamate receptors (GluRs), studies with KARs have consistently thrown up exceptions to general rules about synaptic modulation. Contributors herein provide an insight to the idiosyncracies that now almost typify the KAR field. The fascinating insights provided in this volume serve to encourage searching mechanistic questions"--Provided by publisher.
- Laboratory guide to the methods in biochemical genetics 2008, Springer
- Laboratory methods in enzymology cell, lipid and carbohydrate 2013, ScienceDirectSection I. Cell protocols : basic microbiological techniques. Pouring agar plates and streaking or spreading to isolate individual colonies / Elizabeth Eyler ; Storage of bacteria and yeast / Cheryl M. Koh -- Section II. Cell protocols : cellular fractionation. Cellular fractionation : mammalian cells / Joerg von Hagen and Uwe Michelsen ; Cellular fractionation : yeast cells / Joerg von Hagen and Uwe Michelsen -- Section III. Cell protocols : Knock-outs and gene replacements. Yeast-gene replacement using PCR products / Megan Bergkessel, Christine Guthrie, and John Abelson ; Measuring RNAi knockdown using qPCR / Stuart Milstein, Michael Nguyen, Rachel Meyers, and Antonin de Fougerolles ; Recombineering : using drug cassettes to knock out genes in vivo / James A. Sawitzke, Lynn C. Thomason, Mikhail Bubunenko, Xintian Li, Nina Costantino, and Donald L. Court ; Gene knockouts, in vivo site-directed mutagenesis and other modifications using the delitto perfetto system in Saccharomyces cerevisiae / Samantha Stuckey and Francesca Storici ; Gene targeting and site-specific recombination in mouse ES cells / Konstantinos Anastassiadis, Frank Schnütgen, Harald von Melchner, and A. Francis Stewart ; Recombineering : highly efficient in vivo genetic engineering using single-strand oligos / James A. Sawitzke, Lynn C. Thomason, Mikhail Bubunenko, Xintian Li, Nina Costantino, and Donald L. Court -- Section IV. Cell protocols : microbiological media. Growth media for E. coli / Juliane C. Lessard ; Saccharomyces cerevisiae growth media / Jessica S. Dymond --Section V. Cell protocols : preparation of slides for microscopy. Immunohistochemistry on freely floating fixed tissue sections / Julia Bachman ; Preparation of slides for microscopy from frozen tissue sections / Julia Bachman ; Preparation of formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue for immunohistochemistry / Kirstie Canene-Adams ; Preparation of cells for microscopy using cytospin / Cheryl M. Koh ; Preparation of cells for microscopy using chamber slides and coverslips / Cheryl M. Koh ; Preparation of cells for microscopy using 'cell blocks' / Cheryl M. Koh -- Section VI. Lipid and carbohydrate protocols. Enzymatic deglycosylation of glycoproteins / Min-Sung Kim and Dan Leahy -- Section VII. Lipid and carbohydrate protocol : making vesicles and micelles. Preparation of fatty acid or phospholipid vesicles by thin-film rehydration / Ting F. Zhu, Itay Budin, and Jack W. Szostak ; Vesicle extrusion through polycarbonate track-etched membranes using a hand-held mini-extruder / Ting F. Zhu, Itay Budin, and Jack W. Szostak ; Preparation of fatty acid micelles / Ting F. Zhu, Itay Budin, and Jack W. Szostak -- Section VIII. Other protocols. Reverse-phase HPLC analysis and purification of small molecules / Kirstie Canene-Adams ; Thin layer chromatography / Marina Santiago and Scott Strobel ; ATP and GTP hydrolysis assays (TLC) / Vaishnavi Rajagopal and Jon R. Lorsch.
- Laboratory methods in enzymology DNA. First edition [1st ed.] 2013, ScienceDirectExplanatory chapter: PCR primer design / Rubén Álvarez-Fernández -- How plasmid preparation kits work / Laura Koontz -- Introducing exogenous DNA into cells / Laura Koontz -- Agarose gel electrophoresis / Laura Koontz -- Analysis of DNA by southern blotting / Gary Glenn and Lefkothea-Vasiliki Andreou -- Purification of DNA oligos by denaturing polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis (PAGE) / Sara Lopez-Gomollon and Francisco Esteban Nicolas -- Molecular cloning / Juliane C. Lessard -- Rapid creation of stable mammalian cell lines for regulated expression of proteins using the Gateway® recombination cloning technology and Flp-In T-REx® lines / Jessica Spitzer, Markus Landthaler, and Thomas Tuschl -- Restrictionless cloning / Mikkel A. Algire -- Isolation of plasmid DNA from bacteria / Lefkothea-Vasiliki Andreou -- Preparation of genomic DNA from bacteria / Lefkothea-Vasiliki Andreou -- Preparation of genomic DNA from Saccharomyces cerevisiae / Jessica S. Dymond -- Isolation of genomic DNA from mammalian cells / Cheryl M. Koh -- Sanger dideoxy sequencing of DNA / Sarah E. Walker and Jon Lorsch -- Preparation of fragment libraries for next-generation sequencing on the applied biosystems SOLiD platform / Srinivasan Yegnasubramanian -- Next generation sequencing / Srinivasan Yegnasubramanian -- Generating mammalian stable cell lines by electroporation / Patti A. Longo, Jennifer M. Kavran, Min-Sung Kim, and Daniel J. Leahy -- Transient mammalian cell transfection with polyethylenimine (PEI) / Patti A. Longo, Jennifer M. Kavran, Min-Sung Kim, and Daniel J. Leahy -- Site-directed mutagenesis / Julia Bachman -- PCR-based random mutagenesis / Jessica S. Dymond -- Megaprimer method for mutagenesis of DNA / Craig W. Vander Kooi -- Troubleshooting PCR / Kirstie Canene-Adams -- Quantitative PCR / Jessica S. Dymond -- General PCR / Kirstie Canene-Adams -- Colony PCR / Megan Bergkessel and Christine Guthrie -- Chemical transformation of yeast / Megan Bergkessel and Christine Guthrie -- Transformation of E. coli via electroporation / Juliane C. Lessard -- Transformation of chemically competent E. coli / Rachel Green and Elizabeth J. Rogers.
- Laboratory methods in enzymology RNA. First edition [1st ed.] 2013, ScienceDirectComputational prediction of RNA secondary structure -- Reverse-transcription PCR (RT-PCR) -- Northern blotting -- Explanatory chapter: nuclease protection assays -- In vitro transcription from plasmid or PCR-amplified DNA -- Measurement of in vivo synthesis rates -- Method for measuring mRNA decay rate in saccharomyces cerevisiae -- Analysis of polysomes from bacteria -- Polysome profile analysis - yeast -- Polysome analysis of mammalian cells -- Polysome analysis for determining mRNA and ribosome association in saccharomyces cerevisiae -- Oligo(dT)-primed RT-PCR isolation of polyadenylated RNA degradation intermediates -- Circularized RT-PCR (cRT-PCR): analysis of the 5' ends, 3' ends, and poly(A) tails of RNA -- RNA radiolabeling -- Fluorescently labeling synthetic RNAs -- Analysis of RNA by analytical polyacrylamide gel -- RNA purification by preparative polyacrylamide gel -- Explanatory chapter: nucleic acid concentration determination -- RNA purification-precipitation methods -- Reverse transcriptase dideoxy sequencing of RNA -- RNA structure experimental analysis-chemical modification -- Structural analysis of RNA backbone using in-line probing.
- Laboratory Protocols in Fungal Biology presents the latest techniques in fungal biology. This book analyzes information derived through real experiments, and focuses on cutting edge techniques in the field. The book comprises 57 chapters contributed from internationally recognised scientists and researchers. Experts in the field have provided up-to-date protocols covering a range of frequently used methods in fungal biology. Almost all important methods available in the area of fungal biology viz. taxonomic keys in fungi; histopathological and microscopy techniques; proteomics methods; genomics methods; industrial applications and related techniques; and bioinformatics tools in fungi are covered and complied in one book. Chapters include introductions to their respective topics, list of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and notes on troubleshooting. Each chapter is self-contained and written in a style that enables the reader to progress from elementary concepts to advanced research techniques. Laboratory Protocols in Fungal Biology is a valuable tool for both beginner research workers and experienced professionals.
- Lateral gene transfer in evolution 2013, Springer"Although the phenomenon of lateral gene transfer has been known since the 1940s, it was the genomics era that has really revealed the extent and many facets of this evolutionary/genetic phenomenon. Even in the early 2000s with but a handful of genomes available, it became clear that the nature of microorganisms is full of genetic exchange between lineages that are sometimes far apart. The years following this saw an explosion of genomic data, which shook the "tree of life" and also raised doubts about the most appropriate species concepts for prokaryotes. This book represents the manyfold contributions of LGT to the evolution of micro and, to an extent, macroorganisms by focusing on the areas where it has the largest impact: metabolic innovations and adaptations and speciation." Back cover.
- Lipid rafts 2007, Springer ProtocolsOverview of membrane rafts / Thomas J. McIntosh -- Analysis of raft affinity of membrane proteins by detergent-insolubility / Deborah A. Brown -- Nondetergent isolation of rafts / Mehul B. Shah and Pravin B. Sehgal -- Detecting ordered domain formation (lipid rafts) in model membranes using tempo / Omar Bakht and Erwin London -- Using monomolecular films to characterize lipid lateral interactions / Rhoderick E. Brown and Howard L. Brockman -- Electro-formation and fluorescence microscopy of giant vesicles with coexisting liquid phases / Sarah L. Veatch -- Fluorescence correlation spectroscopy / Kristen Bacia and Petra Schwille -- Multiphoton laser-scanning microscopy and spatial analysis of dehydroergosterol distributions on plasma membrane of living cells / Avery L. McIntosh ... [et al.] -- NMR detection of lipid domains / Ivan V. Polozov and Klaus Gawrisch -- Lateral diffusion coefficients of raft lipids from pulsed field gradient NMR / Greger Orädd and Göran Lindblom -- Saturation-recovery electron paramagnetic resonance discrimination by oxygen transport (DOT) method for characterizing membrane domains / Witold K. Subczynski ... [et al.] -- Plasmon-waveguide resonance spectoscopy studies of lateral segregation in solid-supported proteolipid bilayers / Zdzislaw Salamon, Savitha Devanathan, and Gordon Tollin -- Fluorescence recovery after photobleaching studies of lipid rafts / Anne K. Kenworthy -- Single-molecule tracking / Marija Vrljic, Stefanie Y. Nishimura, and W.E. Moerner -- X-ray diffraction to determine the thickness of raft and nonraft bilayers / Thomas J. McIntosh -- Small-angle neutron scattering to detect rafts and lipid domains / Jeremy Pencer ... [et al.] -- Exploring membrane domains using native membrane sheets and transmission electron microscopy / Bridget S. Wilson ... [et al.] -- Atomic force microscopy of lipid domains in supported model membranes / Alan R. Burns -- Atomistic and coarse-grained computer simulations of raft-like lipid mixtures / Sagar A. Pandit and H. Larry Scott -- A microscopic model calculation of the phase diagram of ternary mixtures of cholesterol and saturated and unsaturated phospholipids / R. Elliott, I. Szleifer, and M. Schick.
- Liposome methods and protocols 2002, Springer Protocols
- Luminescence biotechnology instruments and applications 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Machinery of life. 2nd ed. 2009, SpringerIntroduction -- Molecular machines -- The processes of living -- Molecules in cells: Escherichia coli -- A human cell: The advantages of compartments -- The human body: The advantages of specialization -- Life and death -- Viruses -- You and your molecules.
- Macromolecular crystallography deciphering the structure, function and dynamics of biological molecules 2012, Springer
- Macromolecular crystallography protocols v. 1-2, 2006., Springer Protocolsv. 2, 2006 Springer Protocolsv. 1. A Generic Method for the Production of Recombinant Proteins in Escherichia coli Using a Dual Hexahistidine-Maltose-Binding Protein Affinity Tag / Joseph E. Tropea ... [et al.] -- Cloning, Production, and Purification of Proteins for a Medium-Scale Structural Genomics Project / Sophie Quevillon-Cheruel ... [et al.] -- Baculoviral Expression of an Integral Membrane Protein for Structural Studies / Dean R. Madden and Markus Safferling -- Protein Engineering / Sonia, Longhi, Francois Ferron, and Marie-Pierre Egloff -- Production of Selenomethionyl Proteins in Prokaryotic and Eukaryotic Expression Systems / Sylvie Doublié -- How to Use Dynamic Light Scattering to Improve the Likelihood of Growing Macromolecular Crystals / Gloria E. O. Borgstahl -- Screening and Optimization Methods for Nonautomated Crystallization Laboratories / Terese Bergfors -- Improving Marginal Crystals / Charles W. Carter, Jr. and Madeleine Riès-Kautt -- Optimization Techniques for Automation and High Throughput / Naomi E. Chayen -- Three-Dimensional Crystallization of Membrane Proteins / James Féthière -- Crystallization of Protein-DNA Complexes / Thomas Hollis -- Preparation and Crystallization of RNA / Barbara L. Golden -- Crystallization of RNA-Protein Complexes / Eiji Obayashi ... [et al.] -- Index. v. 2. Cryocrystallography of Macromolecules: Practice and Optimization / Elspeth Garman and Robin L. Owen -- Determination of Reaction Intermediate Structures in Heme Proteins / Kelvin Chu -- Annealing Macromolecular Crystals / B. Lief Hanson and Gerard J. Bunick -- First Analysis of Macromolecular Crystals: Biochemistry and X-Ray Diffraction / David Jeruzalmi -- X-Ray Data Collection from Macromolecular Crystals / Elspeth Garman and Robert M. Sweet -- Characterizing a Crystal from an Initial Native Dataset / Michael R. Sawaya -- Molecular Replacement / Eric A. Toth -- Phase Determination using Halide Ions / Miroslawa Dauter and Zbigniew Dauter -- The Same But Different: Isomorphous Methods for Phasing and High-Throughput Ligand Screening / Mark A. Rould -- Substructure Determination in Multiwavelength Anomalous Diffraction, Single Anomalous Diffraction, and Single Isomorphous Replacement with Anomalous Scattering Data Using Shake-and-Bake / G. David Smith, Christopher T. Lemke, and P. Lynne Howell -- Substructure Determination in Isomorphous Replacement and Anomalous Diffraction Experiments / Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve and Thomas R. Schneider -- Automated Structure Solution with autoSHARP / Clemens Vonrhein, Eric Blanc, Pietro Roversi, and Gérard Bricogne -- Introduction to Macromolecular Refinement / Dale E. Tronrud -- Quality Control and Validation / Gerard J. Kleywegt -- Crystallographic Software: A Sustainable Resource for the Community / Stephen J. Everse and Sylvie Doublié -- Index. v. 1. Preparation and crystallization of macromolecules -- v. 2. Structure determination.
- Mechanically gated channels and their regulation 2009, SpringerThe volume dwells on the major issues of mechanical stress influencing the ion channels and intracellular signaling pathways. This book is a unique collection of reviews outlining current knowledge and future developments in this rapidly growing field. In our opinion the book presents not only the latest achievements in the field but also brings the problem closer to the experts in related medical and biological sciences as well as practicing doctors. Knowledge of the mechanisms which underlie these processes is necessary for understanding of the normal functioning of different living organs and tissues and allows to predict changes, which arise due to alterations of their environment, and possibly will allow to develop new methods of artificial intervention. We also hope that presenting the problem will attract more attention to it both from researchers and practitioners and will assist to efficiently introduce it into the practical medicine.
- Mechanosensitivity and mechanotransduction 2011, Springer
- Mechanosensitivity in cells and tissues v. 1-, 2008-, Springer
- Medical physiology a cellular and molecular approach. Updated second edition [updated 2nd ed.] 2012, ClinicalKeyMedical Physiology, in its updated 2nd edition, firmly relates molecular and cellular biology to the study of human physiology and disease. Drs. Walter Boron and Emile Boulpaep and a team of leading physiologists present practical, accurate coverage emphasizing the clinical implications of the material. Each chapter explains the principles and organization of each body system, while more than 1400 high-quality, full-color line drawings and prominently featured clinical examples clarify every concept. This exceptionally detailed and comprehensive guide to physiology is ideal for a rich, straightforward, state-of-the-art understanding of this essential subject.
- Membrane protein protocols expression, purification, and characterization 2003, Springer Protocols
- Membrane proteomics methods and protocols 2009, Springer ProtocolsOnline tools for predicting integral membrane proteins / H. Bigelow and B. Rost -- In silico identification of novel G protein coupled receptors / M.N. Davies and D.R. Flower -- Transcriptome-based identification of candidate membrane proteins / E.J. Evans ... [et al.] -- Separation of thylakoid membrane proteins by sucrose gradient ultracentrifugation or blue native-SDS-PAGE two-dimensional electrophoresis / G.M. D'Amici, C.G. Huber and L. Zolla -- Extraction of yeast mitochondrial membrane proteins by solubilization and detergent/polymer aqueous two-phase partitioning / H. Everberg, N. Gustavsson and F. Tjerneld -- 16-BAC/SDS-PAGE analysis of membrane proteins of yeast mitochondria purified by free flow electrophoresis / R.J. Braun ... [et al.] -- Sequential detergent extraction prior to mass spectrometry analysis / F.M. McCarthy, A.M. Cooksey and S.C. Burgess -- Enrichment of brain plasma membranes by affinity two-phase partitioning / J. Schindler and H.G. Nothwang -- Protocol to enrich and analyze plasma membrane proteins / R.J. Wisniewski -- Proteomic analysis of the lymphocyte plasma membrane using cell surface biotinylation and solution-phase isoelectric focusing / M.J. Peirce, A.P. Cope and R. Wait -- Identification of target membrane proteins as detected by phage antibodies / C.A. Geuijen, A.Q. Bakker and J. de Kruif -- Membrane protease degradomics: proteomic identification and quantification of cell surface protease substrates / G.S. Butler ... [et al.] -- Purification of basolateral integral membrane proteins by cationic colloidal silica-based apical membrane subtraction / R.J. Goode and R.J. Simpson -- Moving closer to the lipid raft proteome using quantitative proteomics / L.J. Foster -- Use of sequential chemical extractions to purify nuclear membrane proteins for proteomics identification / N. Korfali ... [et al.] -- Isolation of extracellular membranous vesicles for proteomic analysis / R.A. Mathias ... [et al.] -- Enrichment of human platelet membranes for proteomic analysis / D.W. Greening ... [et al.] -- Detergents and chaotropes for protein solubilization before two-dimensional electrophoresis / T. Rabilloud -- Two-dimensional separation of membrane proteins by 16-BAC-SDS-PAGE / H.G. Nothwang and J. Schindler -- MudPIT analysis: application to human heart tissue / K.G. Kline and C.C. Wu -- Liquid chromatography MALDI MS/MS for membrane proteome analysis / N. Wang, J.B. Young and L. Li -- Cysteinyl-tagging of integral membrane proteins for proteomic analysis using liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry / S.K. Mitra and M.B. Goshe -- Quantitative proteomics analysis of pancreatic zymogen granule membrane proteins / X. Chen and P.C. Andrews.
- Membrane transporters methods and protocols 2003, Springer Protocols
- Metagenomics of the human body 2011, Springer1.The human genome, microbiomes, and disease -- 2. Host genotype and the effect on microbial communities -- 3. The human microbiome and host-pathogen interactions -- 4. The human virome -- 5. Selection and sequencing of strains as references for human microbiome studies -- 6. The human vaginal microbiome -- 7. The human lung microbiome -- 8. The human skin microbiome in health and skin diseases -- 9. The human oral microbiome -- 10. Retraction: the human and his microbiome risk factors for infections -- 11. Retraction: infectogenomics: aspect of host responses to microbes in digestive tract -- 12. Autoimmune disease and human metagenome -- 13. Metagenomic applications and the potential for understanding chronic liver disease -- 14. Symbiotic gut microbiota and the modulation of human metabolic phenotypes -- 15. MetaHIT: the European Union project on metagenomics of the human intestinal tract -- 16. Implications of human microbiome research for the developing world -- Index.
- Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) protocols 2007, Springer ProtocolsClinical, epidemiologic, and laboratory aspects of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) infections / Elizabeth Palavecino -- MRSA case studies / Kurt D. Reed, Mary E. Stemper, and Sanjay K. Shukla -- MIC analysis and susceptibility testing of MRSA / German Bou -- ITS-PCR identification of MRSA / Shin-ichi Fujita -- Pulsed-field gel electrophoresis of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus / Kurt D. Reed, Mary E. Stemper, and Sanjay K. Shukla -- Multilocus sequence typing (MLST) of Staphylococcus aureus / Nicholas A. Saunders and Anne Holmes -- Staphylococcal cassette chromosome mec (SCCmec) analysis of MRSA / Teruyo Ito, Kyoko Kuwahara, and Keiichi Hiramatsu -- Targeted gene disruption for the analysis of virulence of Staphylococcus aureus / J. Ross Fitzgerald -- Molecular analysis of staphylococcal superantigens / Patrick M. Schlievert and Laura C. Case -- Investigation of biofilm formation in clinical isolates of Staphylococcus aureus / James E. Cassat, Chia Y. Lee, and Mark S. Smeltzer -- Comparative analysis of staphylococcal adhesion and internalization by epithelial cells / Xudong Liang and Yinduo Ji -- Comparative analysis of MRSA / Fumihiko Takeuchi, Tadashi Baba, and Keiichi Hiramatsu -- Genomic analysis of gene expression of Staphylococcus aureus / Chuanxin Yu ... [et al.] -- Proteomic approach to investigate methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus / Patrice Francois ... [et al.] -- Environmental surveillance for methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus / J. Scott Weese -- The control and prevention of MRSA infections / Liangsu Wang and John F. Barrett -- Treatment of infections due to resistant Staphylococcus aureus / Gregory M. Anstead, Gabriel Quinones-Nazario, and James S. Lewis II.
- Methods for analysis of Golgi complex function 2013, ScienceDirect
- Methods in membrane lipids 2007, Springer Protocols
- Methods in molecular biology (Humana Press) v. 1-, 1984-, Springer Protocols
- Methods in molecular medicine v. 1-, 1996-, Springer Protocols
- Methods in systems biology. 1st ed. 2011, ScienceDirect
- Methods of microarray data analysis v. 4-5, 2005-07., Springerv. 5 (2007) Springer
- MICAD NCBI BookshelfThis searchable database is a collection of in vivo molecular imaging agents developed for positron emission tomography (PET), single photon emission computed tomography (SPECT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasound (US), computed tomography (CT), and optical imaging. MICAD, a key component of the "Molecular Libraries and Imaging" program of the NIH Roadmap, is being developed by NCBI, the National Center for Biotechnology Information".
- DNA microarray technology. Introduction / J.R. Pollack -- Comparative genomic hybridization on BAC arrays / B.P. Coe ... [et al.] -- Comparative genomic hybridization on spotted oligonucleotide microarrays / Y.H. Kim and J.R. Pollack -- Comparative genomic hybridization by representational oligonucleotide microarray analysis / R. Lucito and J. Byrnes -- Application of oligonucleotides arrays for coincident comparative genomic hybridization, ploidy status and loss of heterozygosity studies in human cancers / J.K. Cowell and K.C. Lo -- Molecular inversion probe assay for allelic quantitation / H. Ji and K. Welch -- A whole-genome amplification protocol for a wide variety of DNAs, including those from formalin-fixed and paraffin-embedded tissue / P.L. Paris -- Algorithms for calling gains and losses in array CGH data / P. Wang -- Methylation analysis by microarray / D.E. Deatherage ... [et al.] -- Methylation analysis by DNA immunoprecipitation (MeDIP) / E.A. Vucic ... [et al.] -- Combining chromatin immunoprecipitation and oligonucleotide tiling arrays (ChIP-Chip) for functional genomic studies / J. Eeckhoute, M. Lupien and M. Brown -- ChIP-Chip: algorithms for calling binding sites / X.S. Liu and C.A. Meyer -- Mapping regulatory elements by DNaseI hypersensitivity chip (DNase-Chip) / Y. Shibata and G.E. Crawford -- Microarray analysis of DNA replication timing / N. Karnani, C.M. Taylor and A. Dutta -- Integration of diverse microarray data types / K. Salari and J.R. Pollack.
- Microarray technology has made strong progress over the past decade, and there have also been significant changes in application areas, from nucleic acids to proteomics and from research to clinical applications. This book provides a comprehensive overview of microarrays in diagnostics and biomarker development, covering DNA, peptide, protein and tissue arrays. The focus is on entities that are in actual clinical use, or quite close, and on recent developments, such as peptide and aptamer arrays. A further topic is the miniaturisation towards nanoarrays, which is expected to have great potential in clinical applications. Relevant issues of bioinformatics and statistical analysis of array data are discussed in detail, as well as the barriers to the commercialisation of array-based tests and the vexing IP issues involved. Thus, the book should be very useful tor active array users as well as to newcomers seeking to make the best choice between different technologies.
- Microbial biochemistry. 2nd ed. 2011, SpringerBacterial growth -- The outer membrane of gram-negative bacteria and the cytoplasmic membrane -- Peptidoglycan synthesis and cell division -- Cellular permeability -- Allosteric enzymes -- Glycolysis, gluconeogenesis and glycogen synthesis -- The pentose phosphate and Entner-Doudoroff pathways -- The tricarboxylic acid cycle and the glyoxylate bypass -- ATP-generating processes : respiration and fermentation -- Biosynthesis of lipids -- Iron-sulfur proteins -- The archaea -- Methanogens and methylotrophs -- Enzyme induction in catabolic systems -- Transcription : RNA polymerase -- Negative regulation -- Enzyme repression in anabolic pathways -- Positive regulation -- The ribosomes -- The genetic code, the transfer RNAs and the aminoacyl-tRNA-synthetases -- Attenuation -- Riboswitches -- The biological fixation of nitrogen -- How biosynthetic pathways have been established -- The aspartic acid family of amino acids : biosynthesis -- Regulation of the biosynthesis of the amino acids of the aspartic acid family in Enterobacteriaceae -- Other patterns of regulation of the synthesis of amino acids of the aspartate family -- Biosynthesis of the amino acids of the glutamic acid family and its regulation -- Biosynthesis of amino acids derived from phosphoglyceric acid and pyruvic acid -- Selenocysteine and selenoproteins -- Biosynthesis of aromatic amino acids and its regulation -- The biosynthesis of histidine and its regulation -- The biosynthesis of nucleotides -- The biosynthesis of deoxyribonucleotides -- Biosynthesis of some water-soluble vitamins and of their coenzyme forms -- Biosynthesis of carotene, vitamin A, sterols, ubiquinones and menaquinones -- Biosynthesis of the tetrapyrrole ring system -- Biosynthesis of cobalamins including vitamin B12 -- Interactions between proteins and DNA -- Evolution of biosynthetic pathways.
- MicroRNA protocols 2006, Springer Protocols
- Mitochondrial DNA methods and protocols 2002, Springer Protocols
- Modern clinical molecular techniques 2012, SpringerPart 1. Current Molecular Laboratory Methods -- Specimen Collection, Handling, and Processing / Lindsy Hengesbach and John A. Gerlach -- DNA/RNA Isolation and Quantitation / Jing Wang -- Test Validation / Cindy McCloskey and S. Terence Dunn -- In Vitro Amplification Methods in Molecular Diagnostics / C. Alexander Valencia and Bradford Coffee -- Whole Genome Sequencing in the Clinical Laboratory / Tina Hambuch, Brad Sickler, Arnold Liao, Suneer Jain and Philip D. Cotter -- Estimation of Exon Dosage Using Real-Time Quantitative Polymerase Chain Reaction / Applications to Factor VIII Gene in Hemophilia A and Endoglin/ACVRL1 Genes in Hereditary Hemorrhagic Telangiectasia / Juliana Purrazzella and Arupa Ganguly -- Reporting Clinical Molecular Genetic Laboratory Results / Victor Wei Zhang and Lora J. H. Bean -- Part 2. Clinical Molecular Infectious Disease Testing -- HIV-1 Genotyping and Virtual Phenotyping / Fangling Xu and Jianli Dong -- COBAS® AmpliPrep/COBAS® TaqMan® HIV-1 Test, Version 2.0 / Tavat A. Buraruk and Charles E. Stager -- Hepatitis C Virus (HCV) Genotype Assay (LiPA) / Charles E. Stager and Tavat A. Buraruk -- COBAS® AmpliPrep/COBAS® TaqMan® HCV Test / Charles E. Stager and Tavat A. Buraruk -- Epstein-Barr Virus and Cytomegalovirus Viral Load Monitoring by Quantitative Real-Time Polymerase Chain Reaction / Su S. Chen, Seema Hai, Margaret L. Gulley and Rajyalakshmi Luthra -- Quantification of BK Viral Load / Hai Wu and Jianli Dong -- Molecular Diagnosis and Epidemiology of Rabies / Rodney E. Rohde and Bonny C. Mayes -- Pyrosequencing for Bacterial Identification / Laura Millecker and Ruth Ann Luna -- Other Pathogens of Significant Public Health Concern / Chris L. McGowin, Rodney E. Rohde and Greg C. Whitlock -- Part 3. Clinical Molecular Oncology Testing -- Gene Rearrangements Testing / Siby Sebastian, Juan Du and Rizwan Naeem -- Mutation Analysis in Cancer / Keyur Pravinchandra Patel, John Galbincea and Rajyalakshmi Luthra -- Minimal Residual Disease / Wesley O. Greaves and Rajyalakshmi Luthra -- Pyrosequencing in Cancer / Shalini Verma, Bedia A. Barkoh and Rajyalakshmi Luthra -- Clinical Applications of Microarrays in Cancer / Marilyn M. Li, Ankita Patel and Xiaofeng Hu -- Basic Theories and Clinical Applications of Molecular Flow Cytometry / Hua-Kang Wu, Hongli Chen and Peter C. Hu -- Part 4. Clinical Molecular Pre/Postnatal Testing -- Molecular Prenatal Diagnostic Testing / Joanna Wiszniewska and Christine M. Eng -- PCR Based Diagnosis of Fragile X Syndrome / Daniel J. Dykas and Allen E. Bale -- Part 5. Human Identity Testing -- Microsatellite Testing Short Tandem Repeat Profile Generation / Robin DeVille Guidry and Laura Gahn -- Parentage / Laura Gahn and Robin DeVille Guidry -- Part 6. Clinical Molecular Training -- Diagnostic Molecular Training / Peter C. Hu, Patrick Alan Lennon and Madhuri R. Hegde -- Molecular Diagnostics Point of Care Testing Training / Chang W. Lee and Peter C. Hu.
- Genome-Scale Analysis of Data from High-Throughput Technologies / Sarah J. Wheelan -- Analysis of Inherited and Acquired Genetic Variation / Srinivasan Yegnasubramanian and William B. Isaacs -- Examining DNA-Protein Interactions with Genome-Wide Chromatin Immunoprecipitation Analysis / Esteban Ballestar and Manel Esteller -- Genome-Wide DNA Methylation Analysis in Cancer Research / Srinivasan Yegnasubramanian and William G. Nelson -- Use of Expression Microarrays in Cancer Research / Jun Luo and Yidong Chen -- Signal Sequencing for Gene Expression Profiling / Biaoyang Lin, Jeremy Wechsler and Leroy Hood -- Mass Spectrometry Based Proteomics in Cancer Research / Mohamad A. Abbani, Parag Mallick and Maryann S. Vogelsang -- Tissue Microarrays in Cancer Research / Toby C. Cornish and Angelo M. De Marzo.
- Modulation of presynaptic calcium channels 2013, Springer"This book brings together leading international experts to discuss recent advances in the regulation of presynaptic voltage-gated Ca2+ channels (VGCCs), key signal transducers that represent one of the most widely modulated proteins in the body. It is now commonly accepted that presence of the VGCC complex defines an excitable cell. At a basic level, VGCCs transduce membrane potential change to chemical neurotransmitter release at presynaptic terminals. However, on-going scientific research, presented here, in areas including neuroscience, electrophysiology, pharmacology, biochemistry and, increasingly, proteomics, has revealed the widespread nature of modulation of the presynaptic VGCC complex. This book reviews and discusses the following topics: The fundamental role of the VGCC pore-forming CaVa subunit, and some of their binding partners, in presynaptic function and synaptic plasticity. Modulation of presynaptic CaVa subunits by auxiliary CaVb and a2d subunits and by their major interaction partners, such as active zone scaffolding proteins, synaptic proteins, G proteins and small GTPases, which, together, contribute to the VGCC proteome. Work at the cutting edge of research, including how direct electrophysiology recordings from presynaptic terminals and introduction of synthetic CaVa peptides into presynaptic terminals has expanded our knowledge of VGCC function. Evidence emerging over the last decade demonstrating that VGCC subunits represent bona fide molecular targets for therapeutic drug discovery. This development is illustrated by the introduction of the CaV2.2 blocker ziconotide, which represents an important proof-of-concept, but is best exemplified by the emergence of gabapentinoids, which bind the VGCC auxiliary a2d subunit, as first-line treatments for chronic neuropathic pain. Throughout, chapters are accompanied with illustrative Tables and Figure providing a useful and comprehensive summary of the current state-of-play in this area of significant therapeutic interest. Work described here also provides a solid basis for future research in this important area." -- Back cover.
- Molecular anatomy of cellular systems 2002, ScienceDirect
- Molecular and cellular MR imaging 2007, CRCnetBASEMethods for labeling non-phagocytic cells with MR contrast agents / Joseph A. Frank, Stasia A. Anderson, & Ali S. Arbab -- Cellular imaging of cell transplants / Michel Modo & Jeff W.M. Bulte -- Cellular and molecular imaging of the diabetic pancreas / Zdravka Medarova & Anna Moore -- Functional cellular imaging with manganese / Vincent van Meir & Annemie van der Linden -- Translating promising experimental approaches to clinical trials / Adrian D. Nunn -- An outlook on cellular and molecular MR imaging / Michel Modo & Jeff W.M. Bulte. What is molecular and cellular imaging? / Michel Modo & Jeff W.M. Bulte -- The physicochemical principles of MR contrast agents / Peter Caravan -- Paramagnetic contract agents / Silvio Aime ... [et al.] -- Superparamagnetic contrast agents / Claire Corot ... [et al.] -- Physical mechanism and applications of cest contrast agents / Mike McMahon ... [et al.] -- Paracest contrast agents / A. Dean Sherry & Mark Woods -- Genetic approaches for modulating MRI contrast / Eric Ahrens, Williams F. Goins, Clinton S. Robinson -- Molecular and functional mr imaging of cancer / Michael A. Jacobs ... [et al.] -- Molecular imaging of atherosclerosis with magnetic resonance / Karen C. Briley-Saebo ... [et al.] -- Molecular imaging of apoptosis / Mikko Kettunen & Kevin M. Brindle -- Molecular imaging of reporter genes / Keren Ziv ... [et al.] -- Pharmacological MRI as a molecular imaging technique / Y. Iris Chen & Bruce Jenkins -- Cellular imaging of the liver using contrast agents / N. Cem Balci & Sukru Mehmet Erturk -- Cellular imaging of macrophage activity in infection and inflammation / Martin Rausch ... [et al.] -- Cellular imaging of macrophage activity in stroke / Ralph Weber & Mathias Hoehn -- Magnetic resonance imaging in developmental biology / Cyrus Papan, J. Michael Tyszka, Russell E. Jacobs --
- Molecular aspects of hematologic malignancies diagnostic tools and clinical applications 2012, SpringerPart 1. Molecular Biology of Selected Hemato-oncologic Diseases -- Molecular Biology of Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia / Małgorzata Dawidowska, Monika D. Kraszewska, Katarzyna Derwich and Tomasz Szczepański -- Genetic Mechanisms and Molecular Markers of Neoplastic Transformation in Acute Myeloid Leukemia / Agata A. Filip, Marta Libura, Sebastian Giebel and Olga Haus -- Molecular Pathogenesis of Aggressive B-cell Lymphomas / Przemysław Juszczyński and Krzysztof Warzocha -- Molecular Biology and Classification of Multiple Myeloma / Anna Dmoszyńska and Norbert Grząśko -- Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia / Anton W. Langerak and Yorick Sandberg -- Molecular Biology of Chronic Myeloid Leukemia / Tomasz Sacha, Kajetana Foryciarz and Aleksander B. Skotnicki -- Molecular Biology of Myelodysplastic Syndromes / Francesc Solé -- Myeloproliferative Neoplasms / Andrzej Hellmann, Maria Bieniaszewska, Witold Prejzner and Aleksandra Leszczyńska -- Part 2. Diagnostics and Monitoring of Therapy of Hemato-oncologic Deseases -- Flow Cytometric Immunophenotyping as Diagnostic Tool of Hematopoietic Malignancies / Łukasz Sędek, Juan Flores-Montero, Joanna Bulsa, Susana Barrena and Julia Almeida, et al. -- Cytogenetics in Hematology / Olga Haus, Anna Poluha and Katarzyna Skonieczka -- Monitoring of Minimal Residual Disease in Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia / Tomasz Szczepański, Małgorzata Dawidowska and Katarzyna Derwich -- Gene Expression Profiling in Hematologic Malignancies / Przemysław Juszczyński, Bjoern Chapuy, Małgorzata Szczepaniak and Krzysztof Warzocha -- Part 3. Molecular Procedures Involved in Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation -- Allogeneic Transplantation of Hematopoietic Stem Cells / Jacek Wachowiak -- Genetic Basis of Donor-Recipient Matching in Allogeneic Transplantation of Hematopoietic Stem Cells / Jacek Nowak and Jacek Wachowiak -- Chimerism Following Allogeneic Transplantation of Hematopoietic Stem Cells / Małgorzata Dawidowska, Katarzyna Guz, Ewa Brojer, Jacek Wachowiak and Michał Witt -- Peritransplantation Monitoring of Minimal Residual Disease in Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia / Małgorzata Dawidowska, Katarzyna Derwich and Tomasz Szczepański -- Biobanks of Cellular Material / Wiesław Wiktor-Jędrzejczak and Elżbieta Urbanowska -- Part 4. Molecular Diagnostic Protocols -- Biobanking of Cellular Material / Anna Poluha and Elżbieta Urbanowska -- Isolation of Mononuclear Cells from Human Blood and Bone Marrow by Density Gradient Centrifugation / Małgorzata Dawidowska -- Molecular Techniques Commonly Used in Hemato-oncology / Monika D. Kraszewska and Ewa Ziętkiewicz -- Genetic Methods of HLA Typing / Jacek Nowak, Renata Mika-Witkowska and Elżbieta Graczyk-Pol -- Post-Transplant Chimerism Analysis Through STR-PCR and RQ-PCR / Małgorzata Dawidowska, Katarzyna Guz, Agnieszka Orzińska, Justyna Smolarczyk-Wodzyńska and Monika D. Kraszewska, et al. -- Analysis of Minimal Residual Disease with the Use of Rearrangements of Ig/TCR Genes Through RQ-PCR / Małgorzata Dawidowska, Vincent H. J. van der Velden, Michał Witt and Tomasz Szczepański -- Molecular Diagnostics of Acute Myeloblastic Leukemia / Marta Libura, Agata A. Filip and Olga Haus -- Assessment of the Presence and the Level of BCR-ABL Fusion Gene Expression and Mutational Status in ABL Kinase Domain / Sylwia Czekalska, Magdalena Zawada and Izabela Florek -- Studies of Rearrangements and Somatic Hypermutation of IGHV Genes in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia / Anton W. Langerak, Richard Rosenquist, Paolo Ghia, Chrysoula Belessi and Kostas Stamatopoulos, et al. -- Molecular Biology Methods in the Diagnosis of Multiple Myeloma / Anna Dmoszyńska and Sylwia Chocholska -- Molecular Methods in Myeloproliferative Neoplasms / Aleksandra Leszczyńska, Witold Prejzner, Maria Bieniaszewska and Andrzej Hellmann -- Informed Consent for Participation in Research Project / Małgorzata Dawidowska and Michał Witt.
- Protein misassembly: macromolecular crowding and molecular chaperones / R. John Ellis -- The cellular "networking" of mammalian HSP27 and its functions in the control of protein folding, redox state and apoptosis / André-Patrick Arrigo -- Molecular interaction network of the HSP90 chaperone system / Rongmin Zhao and Walid A. Houry -- Organization of the functions and components of the endoplasmic reticulum / Yuichiro Shimizu and Linda M. Hendershot -- Molecular crime and cellular punishment: active detoxification of misfolded and aggregated proteins in the cell by the chaperone and protease networks / Marie-Pierre Hinault and Pierre Goloubinoff -- Chaperones as parts of cellular networks / Peter Csermely, Csaba Söti and Gregory L. Blatch -- Chaperones as parts of organelle networks / György Szabadkai and Rosario Rizzuto -- Heat shock factor 1 as a coordinator of stress and developmental pathways / Julius Anckar and Lea Sistonen -- Chaperone regulation of the heat shock protein response / Richard Voellmy and Frank Boellmann -- Mechanisms of activation and regulation of the heat shock-sensitive signaling pathways / Sébastien Ian Nadeau and Jacques Landry -- Membrane-regulated stress response: a theoretical and practical approach / László Vígh ... [et al.] -- Beyond the lipid hypothesis: mechanisms underlying phenotypic plasticity in inducible cold tolerance / Scott A.L. Hayward ... [et al.] -- Trehalose as a "chemical chaperone:" fact and fantasy / John H. Crowe -- Chaperones as part of immune networks / Zoltán Prohászka -- The stress of misfolded proteins: C. elegans models for neurodegenerative disease and aging / Heather R. Brignull, James F. Morley and Richard I. Morimoto -- HSP90 and developmental networks / Suzannah Rutherford, Jennifer R. Knapp and Peter Csermely.
- Molecular basis of multiple sclerosis the immune system 2010, Springer
- Molecular beacons, signalling nucleic acid probes, methods, and protocols 2008, Springer ProtocolsBasic principles of fluorescence and energy transfer / Larry E. Morrison -- Multiplex detection of mutations / David S. Perlin, Sergey Balashov, and Steven Park -- Detection of salmonella species in foodstuffs / Arvind A. Bhagwat ... [et al.] -- Identification of homozygous transgenic mice by genomic real-time PCR / Gunter Schmidtke and Marcus Groettrup -- Quantitative analysis of gene expression relative to 18S rRNA in carcinoma samples using the LightCycler instrument and a SYBR greenI-based assay : determining FAT10 mRNA levels in hepatocellular carcinoma / Sebastian Lukasiak ... [et al.] -- Absolute quantitation of feline leukemia virus proviral DNA and viral RNA loads by TaqMan real-time PCR and RT-PCR / Valentino Cattori and Regina Hofmann-Lehmann -- High-throughput real-time PCR / Thomas D. Schmittgen, Eun Joo Lee, and Jinmai Jiang -- Design and use of scorpions fluorescent signalling molecules / Rachael Carters ... [et al.] -- Hybridization probe pairs and single-labeled probes : an alternative approach for genotyping and quantification / Thomas Froehlich and Oliver Geulen -- EasyBeacons for the detection of methylation status of single CpG duplets / Ulf B. Christensen -- Quenched autoligation probes / Adam P. Silverman, Hiroshi Abe, and Eric T. Kool -- HyBeacon probes for rapid DNA sequence detection and allele discrimination / David J. French ... [et al.] -- FIT-probes in real-time PCR / Elke Socher and Oliver Seitz -- SNP genotyping by unlabeled probe melting analysis / Maria Erali, Robert Palais, and Carl Wittwer -- Molecular beacons for protein-DNA interaction studies / Jun Li ... [et al.] -- DNA polymerase profiling / D. Summerer -- Modular reporter hairpin ribozymes for analyzing molecular interactions / S. Hani Najafi-Shoushtari and Michael Famulok -- Screening of molecular interactions using reporter hammerhead ribozymes / Jörg S. Hartig and Michael Famulok.
- Molecular biology of fungal development 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Molecular biology of the cell. 4th ed. 2002, NCBI Bookshelf, Fulltext accessible by its search box
- Molecular biology of the parathyroid 2005, Springer
- Molecular biology of valvular heart disease 2014, SpringerThis book presents the cellular details and the basic molecular biology approaches for understanding cardiac valvular disease. It provides novel cellular targets for developing future clinical trials and comprehensive clinical discussion of this expanding field. Molecular Biology of Valvular Heart Disease will guide physicians on the potential medical therapies to treat valvular heart disease while providing a platform for cellular targeting of valvular heart disease. Residents and fellows in cardiology, interventional cardiology, cardiac surgery, and current and future valve biologists alike will find this book to be an invaluable resource for developing further interest and understanding of the cellular basis for cardiac valvular disease treatment.
- Molecular biology techniques-- a classroom laboratory manual. 3rd ed. 2012, ScienceDirectFulltext ClinicalKey
- Molecular biology. 2nd ed. 2013, ClinicalKeyUnit 1. Basic Chemical and Biological Principles -- Unit 2. The Genome -- Unit 3. The Central Dogma of Molecular Biology -- Unit 4. Regulating Gene Expression -- Unit 5. Subcellular Life Forms -- Unit 6. Changing the DNA Blueprint.
- Molecular biomethods handbook. 2nd ed. 2008, Springer Protocols
- Molecular biophysics for the life sciences 2013, SpringerThis volume of the series Biophysics for the Life Sciences focuses on the conceptual framework and major research tools of contemporary molecular biophysics. It is designed to enable non-specialists -both students and professionals in other fields - to understand how these approaches can be used across the biosciences and in medicine, agriculture, biotechnology, pharmaceutical development and other fields. The scope of this volume is appropriate for advanced undergraduate and graduate courses in biophysics and biophysical chemistry. The book begins with an overview of the development of molecular biophysics and a brief survey of structural, physical, and chemical principles. Subsequent chapters written by experts present, with examples, the major experimental methods: optical spectroscopy, X-ray and neutron diffraction and scattering, nuclear magnetic resonance, electron paramagnetic resonance, mass spectrometry, and single molecule methods. The relationship between the biophysical properties of biological macromolecules and their roles as molecular machines is emphasized throughout and illustrated with three examples DNA helicases, rotary motor ATPases, and myosin.The concluding chapter discusses future prospects in X-ray and neutron scattering, mass spectrometry, and pharmaceutical development.
- Molecular carcinogenesis and the molecular biology of human cancer 2006, CRCnetBASECarcinogens and mutagens -- Whole animal carcinogenicity bioassays -- Molecular mechanisms of action of selected organic carcinogens -- Binding of carinogens to DNA and covalent adducts and DNA damage - PAH, aromatic amines, nitro-aromatic compounds, and halogenated compounds -- Cellular oncogenes and carcinogenesis -- Tumor suppressor genes -- Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, and hepatocellular carcinoma -- Oncongenesis in transgenic and knockout mice -- Chemically induced morphological and neoplastic transformation in C3H/10T1/2 C1 8 mouse embryo cells -- Radiation carcinogenesis -- DNA microarrays and computational analysis of DNA microarray data in cancer research -- Application of proteomics in basic biological sciences and cancer -- Overview of human cancer induction and human exposure to carcinogens -- Complex mixtures of chemical carcinogens: principles of action and human cancer -- Lung cancer -- Breast cancer -- Cancer of the prostate - Mechanisms of molecular carcinogenesis -- Skin cancer: epidemiology, clinical manifestations, and genetic and molecular aspects -- Cell and molecular biology of cancer of the brain --Thyroid cancer: molecular biology and clinical aspects -- Chemoprevention of chemical carcinogenesis and human cancer -- Carcinogen biomarkers and exposure assessment -- Risk assessment for chemical carcinogens -- Prevention and regulation approaches to carcinogens.
- Molecular cell biology. 4th ed. 2000, NCBI Bookshelf
- Molecular cellular microbiology 2002, ScienceDirect
- Molecular cytogenetics protocols and applications 2002, Springer Protocols
- Molecular diagnostic PCR handbook 2005, Springer
View by page
- ABCs of gene cloning. 2nd ed. — Gene therapy protocols. 3rd ed. (100)
- Gene transfer vectors for clinical application. 1st ed. — Molecular diagnostic PCR handbook (100)
- Molecular diagnostics 12 tests that changed everything — Structural genomics on membrane proteins (100)
- Structural proteomics high-throughput methods — Yeast protocols. 2nd ed. (21)
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Access restricted to Stanford community
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
Can't find it?
Look if we have it in print
- Springer Protocols
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.Large number of high quality software and database programming titles from O'Reilly. Other software titles are also available from Sams and Prentice Hall. Limited to 7 concurrent users.Vast collection of software and database programming titles from multiple publishers, including Microsoft Press.Largest provider of engineering-related eBooks; includes titles in computer science and biomedical engineering.Over 4,000 full-text e-books covering scientific and technical information from CRC Press and others. Many handbooks and single volume reference sources.A repository of medical knowledge from internal medicine, cardiology, genetics, pharmacy, diagnosis and management, basic sciences, patient care, and more. Continuously expanding, all databases in the repository contain the latest editions of selected medical titles.Includes peer-reviewed life science and biomedical research protocols compiled from Methods in Molecular Biology, Methods in Molecular Medicine, Methods in Biotechnology, Methods in Pharmacology and Toxicology, Neuromethods, the Biomethods Handbook, the Proteomics Handbook, and Springer Laboratory Manuals.Contains full text access to selected biomedical and nursing books.Provides one-click access to important clinical resources; includes evidence-based diagnosis and treatment guidelines, Books, EBM articles, Ovid MEDLINE, Drug facts and comparisons, Drug interaction facts, guidelines from National Guideline Clearinghouse, patient handouts (English and Spanish), and local content.ClinicalKey provides access to textbooks, electronic journals, practice guidelines, drug information, and patient education handouts.A collection of biomedical books that can be searched directly by concept, and linked to terms in PubMed abstracts.Provides online, full-text access to Springer's journal titles as well as journals from other publishers. Subjects include: life sciences, chemical sciences, environmental sciences, geosciences, computer science, mathematics, medicine, physics and astronomy, engineering and economics. Also includes eBooks.Collection of over 8 thousand fulltext titles in engineering, math, and basic and applied biomedical research. Coverage is from 1967 to the present.A library of ebooks on a wide array of topics, digitized and made available online in conjunction with the original publishers.