Books by Subject
View by page
- ABCs of gene cloning. 2nd ed. — Evolution of the genome (100)
- Exocytosis and endocytosis — Microsatellites methods and protocols (100)
- Mitochondrial DNA methods and protocols — Protein misfolding, aggregation, and conformational diseases. Part B, Molecular mechanisms of conformational diseases (100)
- Protein phosphatase protocols. [2nd ed.?] — Yeast protocols. 2nd ed. (69)
- Exocytosis and endocytosis 2008Springer ProtocolsVesicular trafficking : molecular tools and targets / Elena V. Vassilieva and Asma Nusrat -- Pharmacological inhibition of endocytic pathways : is it specific enough to be useful? / Andrei I. Ivanov -- In vitro assays to measure SNARE-mediated vesicle fusion / Susanne Kreye, Jörg Malsam, and Thomas H. Söllner -- Imaging Ca²⁺-triggered exocytosis of single secretory granules on plasma membrane lawns from neuroendocrine cells / Thorsten Lang -- FRAP analysis of secretory granule lipids and proteins in the sea urchin egg / Julian L. Wong and Gary M. Wessel -- A cell-free assay for endocytosis of E-cadherin / Toshiaki Sakisaka and Yoshimi Takai -- Cell-surface biotinylation to study endocytosis and recycling of occludin / Noriyuki Nishimura and Takuya Sasaki -- Fractionation of subcellular membrane vesicles of epithelial and nonepithelial cells by OptiPrep density gradient / Xuhang Li and Mark Donowitz -- Identification and characterization of interacting partners of Rab GTPases by yeast two-hybrid analyses / Mark Kail and Angelika Barnekow -- High-throughput analysis of the dynamics of recycling cell surface proteins / Roland Glovers, David E. James, and Adelle C.F. Coster -- Studying phagocytosis by live-cell scintillation proximity assay / Walter Stockinger and Axel Nohturfft -- Transcytosis of polymeric immunoglobin A in polarized Madin-Darby canine kidney cells / Asli Oztan, Christine Rondanino, and Gerard Apodaca -- The use of syntaxin chimeras to study polarized protein trafficking in epithelial cells / Martin B.A. ter Beest -- Targeting the epithelial SNARE machinery by bacterial neurotoxins / Véronique Proux-Gillardeaux and Thierry Galli -- Endocytosis of endothelial cells is regulated by N-ethylmaleimide-sensitive factor / Munekazu Yamakuchi ... [et al.] -- Molecular dissection of HCL secretion in gastric parietal cells using streptolysin O permeabilization / Xia Ding .. [et al.] -- Addressing membrane protein topology using the fluorescence protease protection (FPP) assay / Holger Lorenz, Dale W. Hailey, and Jennifer Lippincott-Schwartz -- Visualizing clathrin-mediated IgE receptor internalization by electron and atomic force microscopy / Alan R. Burns ... [et al.] -- Analyzing endosomes in nonsectioned cells by transmission electron microscopy / Willem Stoorvogel -- Imaging exocytosis of single insulin secretory granules with TIRF microscopy / Shinya Nagamatsu and Mica Ohara-Imaizumi -- Reconstitution of depolarization and Ca²⁺-evoked secretion in Xenopus oocytes monitored by membrane capacitance / Roy Cohen, Bernhard M. Schmitt, and Daphne Atlas -- Low-noise recording of single-vesicle capacitance steps in cell-attached patches / Vitaly Klyachko, Zhenjie Zhang, and Meyer Jackson -- Good practices in single-cell amperometry / David J. Machado, Mónica S. Montesinos, and Ricardo Borges -- Analysis of single-vesicle exocytotic events recorded by amperometry / Eugene V. Mosharov -- Application of RNAi technology and fluorescent protein markers to study membrane traffic in Caenorhabditis elegans / Dmitry Poteryaev and Anne Spang -- FM 1-43 labeling of synaptic vesicle pools at the Drosophila neuromuscular junction / Patrik Verstreken, Tomoko Ohyama, and Hugo J. Bellen -- Probing E-cadherin endocytosis by morpholino-mediated Rab5 knockdown in zebrafish / Florian Ulrich and Carl-Philipp Heisenberg -- Quantifying endocytosis in vivo using intravital two-photon microscopy / Ruben M. Sandoval and Bruce A. Molitoris.
- Extracellular nucleic acids 2010SpringerExtracellular DNA as Matrix Component in Microbial Biofilms / Wen-Chi Chiang and Tim Tolker-Nielsen -- Gene Transfer Agents and Defective Bacteriophages as Sources of Extracellular Prokaryotic DNA / Andrew S. Lang and J. Thomas Beatty -- Roles of Extracellular DNA in Bacterial Ecosystem / Katsuji Tani and Masao Nasu -- Stable Extracellular DNA: A Novel Substrate for Genetic Engineering that Mimics Horizontal Gene Transfer in Nature / Shinya Kaneko and Mitsuhiro Itaya -- Extracellular Nucleic Acids of the Marine Phototrophic Bacterium Rhodovulum sulfidophilum and Related Bacteria: Physiology and Biotechnology / Yo Kikuchi -- Systemic RNAi in C. elegans from the Viewpoint of RNA as Extracellular Signals / Lisa Timmons -- Circulating Nucleic Acids in Health and Disease / E. Y. Rykova, P. P. Laktionov and V. V. Vlassov -- Circulating MicroRNAs in Cancer / Patrick S. Mitchell and Muneesh Tewari -- Biology and Diagnostic Applications of Cell-Free Fetal Nucleic Acids in Maternal Plasma / Jason C. H. Tsang and Y. M. Dennis Lo -- The Biology of Circulating Nucleic Acids in Plasma and Serum (CNAPS) / P. B. Gahan and M. Stroun -- Modulation and Regulation of Gene Expression by CpG Oligonucleotides / Dennis Klinman and Sven Klaschik -- Immune Recognition of Nucleic Acids and Their Metabolites / Shohei Koyama, Shizuo Akira and Ken J. Ishii.
- Fibrogenesis cellular and molecular basis 2005SpringerTissue scarring: lessons from wound healing / Mohammed S. Razzaque ... [et al.] -- Pathological significance of renal expression of proinflammatory molecules / Takashi Wada ... [et al.] -- Oxidative stress, lipoproteins, and angiotensin II-the unholy triade in the pathogenesis of renal fibrosis / Jan Galle, Thomas Quaschning and Stefan Seibold -- Involvement of NF-kB in renal inflammation and sclerosis / Laurent Baud -- Low-density lipoprotein and glomerulosclerosis / Hyun Soon Lee -- Molecular developments in the treatment of renal fibrosis / Gavin J. Becker and Tim D. Hewitson -- Myocardial infarction and cardiac fibrogenesis / Shozo Kusachi and Yoshifumi Ninomiya -- Cardiac fibrosis and aging / Serge Masson ... [et al.] -- Matrix remodeling and atherosclerosis effect of age / Ladislas Robert -- Molecular and cellular aspect of liver fibrosis / Norifumi Kawada -- Recent therapeutic developments in hepatic fibrosis / Ichiro Shimizu -- Reversibility of liver fibrosis: role of matrix metalloproteinases / Isao Okazaki ... [et al.] -- Can manipulation of apoptotic cell death benefit tissue scarring? / Wesam Ahmed, Mohammed S. Razzaque, and Takashi Taguchi -- Pulmonary fibrogenesis: the role of apoptosis and its clinical potentials / Kazuyoshi Kuwano, Naoki Hagimata, and Nobuyuki Hara -- Silica-induced inflammatory mediators and pulmonary fibrosis / Andrea K. Hubbard ... [et al.].
- Fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH) protocols and applications 2010Springer ProtocolsFluorescence in situ Hybridization (FISH), Basic principles and methodology -- Fluorescence in situ hybridization on DNA halo preparations and extended chromatin fibres -- Detection of nascent RNA transcripts by fluorescence in situ hybridization -- Fluorescence in situ hybridization analysis of formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissues, including tissue microarrays -- Fluorescence in situ Hybridization (FISH) on tissue cryosections -- Multiplex fluorescence in situ hybridization (M-FISH) -- Optical mapping of protein-DNA complexes on chromatin fibers -- 3D-FISH on cultured cells combined with immunostaining -- The Comet-FISH assay for the analysis of DNA damage and repair -- Direct in situ hybridization with oligonucleotide functionalized quantum dot probes -- LNA-FISH for detection of MicroRNAs in frozen sections -- Chromosome orientation fluorescence in situ hybridization or strand-specific FISH -- Combinatorial oligo FISH: directed labeling of specific genome domains in differentially fixed cell material and live cells -- Simultaneous visualization of FISH signals and bromo-deoxyuridine incorporation by formamide-free DNA denaturation -- CryoFISH: fluorescence in situ hybridization on ultrathin cryosections -- Characterization of chromosomal rearrangements using multicolor-banding (MCB/m-band) -- Visualizing nucleic acids in living cells by fluorescence in vivo hybridization -- Quality control in FISH as part of a laboratory's quality management system -- FlashFISH: "same day" prenatal diagnosis of common chromosomal aneuploidies -- FISH for pre-implantation genetic diagnosis -- PNA-FISH on human sperm -- POD-FISH: a new technique for parental origin determination based on copy number variation polymorphism -- Sequence-based high resolution chromosomal comparative genomic hybridization (CGH) -- ImmunoFISH on isolated nuclei from paraffin-embedded biopsy material -- Fluorescence in situ hybridization on 3D cultures of tumor cells -- Simultaneous ultrasensitive subpopulation staining/hybridization in situ (SUSHI) in HIV-1 disease monitoring -- Detection of prokaryotic cells with fluorescence in situ hybridization -- FISH as a tool to investigate chromosome behavior in budding yeast -- FISH on chromosomes derived from the snail model organism biomphalaria glabrata -- Fluorescence in situ hybridization with bacterial artificial chromosomes (BACs) to mitotic heterochromatin of drosophila -- Three-dimensional fluorescence in situ hybridization in mouse embryos using repetitive probe sequences -- Fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH) for genomic investigations in rat -- Fluorescence in situ hybridization on early porcine embryos -- FISH on 3D preserved bovine and murine preimplantation embryos.
- Folding of disulfide proteins 2011Springer1. Oxidative folding: coupling conformational folding and disulfide formation -- 2. The case of oxidative folding of ribonuclease A: factors impacting fold maturation of ER-processed proteins -- 3. Cystine knot folding in cyclotides -- 4. In vitro folding of single/double chain insulins and related proteins -- 5. Unfolding and refolding of disulfide proteins using the method disulfide scrambling -- 6. Oxidative protein folding with small molecules -- 7. Protein disulfide isomerase and the catalysis of oxidative protein folding -- 8. Allosteric disulfide bonds -- 9. The problem of expression of multidisulfide bonded recombinant proteins in E. coli -- 10. NMR-spectroscopic investigation of disulfide dynamics in unfolded states of proteins -- 11. A half-century of oxidative folding and protein disulfphide formation -- Index.
- Formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissues methods and protocols 2011Springer ProtocolsRegulatory and ethical Issues on the utilization of FFPE tissues in research / Catherine M. With, David L. Evers, and Jeffrey T. Mason -- Tissue microarrays : construction and uses / Carol B. Fowler ... [et al.] -- Standardization in immunohistology / Anthony S.-Y. Leong and Trishe Y.-M. Leong -- Multiple immunofluorescence labeling of formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue / David Robertson and Clare M. Isacke -- Microwaves for chromogenic In situ hybridization / Anthony S.-Y. Leong and Zenobia Haffajee -- Automated analysis of FISH-stained HER2/neu samples with metafer / Christian Schunck and Eiman Mohammad -- Laser capture microdissection of FFPE tissue sections bridging the gap between microscopy and molecular analysis / Renate Burgemeister -- Nucleic acids extraction from laser microdissected FFPE tissue sections / Renate Burgemeister -- Microarray-based CGH and copy number analysis of FFPE samples / Fahd Al-Mulla -- Microarray profiling of DNA extracted from FFPE tissues using SNP 6.0 affymetrix platform / Marianne Tuefferd ... [et al.] -- Whole genome amplification of DNA extracted from FFPE tissues / Mira Bosso and Fahd Al-Mulla -- Pyrosequencing of DNA extracted from formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue / Brendan Doyle, Ciaran O'Riain, and Kim Appleton -- Analysis of DNA methylation in FFPE tissues using the methylight technology / Ashraf Dallol ... [et al.] -- RT-PCR gene expression profiling of RNA from paraffin-embedded tissues prepared using a range of different fixatives and conditions / Mei-Lan Liu ... [et al.] -- RT-PCR-based gene expression profiling for cancer biomarker discovery from fixed, paraffin-embedded tissues / Aaron Scott ... [et al.] -- MicroRNA isolation from formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissues / Aihua Liu and Xiaowei Xu -- Gene expression profiling of RNA extracted from FFPE tissues : NuGEN technologies' whole-transcriptome amplification system / Leah Turner, Joe Don Heath, and Nurith Kurn -- Protein mass spectrometry applications on FFPE tissue sections / Carol B. Fowler, Timothy J. O'Leary, and Jeffrey T. Mason -- Alternative fixative to formalin fixation for molecular applications : the RCL2®-CS100 approach / Amelie Denouel ... [et al.].
- From nucleic acids sequences to molecular medicine 2012SpringerRNAissance / Juergen Brosius -- Nucleic Acids as Therapeutics / Saraswat Pushpendra, Pareek Arvind and Bhandari Anil -- Thio Effects as a Tool for Mechanistic Studies of the Cleavage of RNA Phosphodiester Bonds: The Chemical Basis / Mikko Ora, Tuomas Lönnberg and Harri Lönnberg -- Off-Target Effects and Safety Aspects of Phosphorothioate Oligonucleotides / Martina Stessl, Christian R. Noe and Johannes Winkler -- Oligonucleotide Conjugates: Rationale, Synthesis, and Applications / Yashveer Singh, Pierre Murat, Nicolas Spinelli and Eric Defrancq -- CRISPR: A Bacterial Immunity System Based on Small RNAs / Rolf Wagner and Ümit Pul -- Antisense Technology: From Unique Laboratory Tool to Novel Anticancer Treatments / Christine Di Cresce, Colin Way, Mateusz Rytelewski, Saman Maleki Vareki and Supritha Nilam, et al. -- Antisense-Mediated Reduction of Eukaryotic Noncoding RNAs / Xue-hai Liang, Timothy A. Vickers and Stanley T. Crooke -- Antisense Oligonucleotides in the Treatment of Malignant Gliomas / Gerardo Caruso, Mariella Caffo, Giuseppe Raudino, Federica Raudino and Mario Venza, et al. -- Natural Antisense Transcripts Mediate Regulation of Gene Expression / Marco Magistri and Mohammad Ali Faghihi -- Activation and Deactivation of Antisense and RNA Interference Function with Light / Jeane M. Govan and Alexander Deiters -- Ribozymes as Molecular Biology Reagents / Sanchita Bhadra, Arti Pothukuchy and Andrew Ellington -- RNA Technologies for Mitochondrial Genetics / André Dietrich, Katarzyna Rolle, Marta Gabryelska, Eliza Wyszko and Romain Val, et al. -- RNA-Based Therapies for Inherited Metabolic Diseases / Belén Pérez, Magdalena Ugarte and Lourdes R. Desviat -- RNA-Cleaving DNA Enzymes and Their Potential Therapeutic Applications as Antibacterial and Antiviral Agents / P. I. Pradeepkumar and Claudia Höbartner -- Hammerhead Ribozymes Against Virus and Viroid RNAs / Alberto Carbonell, Ricardo Flores and Selma Gago -- Suppression of Hepatitis C Viral Genome Replication with RNA-Cleaving Deoxyribozyme / Dal-Hee Min and Dong-Eun Kim -- Design of Synthetic shRNAs for Targeting Hepatitis C: A New Approach to Antiviral Therapeutics / Brian H. Johnston and Qing Ge -- The Diverse Active Sites in Splicing, Debranching, and MicroRNA Processing Around RNA Phosphodiester Bonds / Sourav Kumar Dey, Eduardo Paredes, Molly Evans and Subha R. Das -- MicroRNAs and Their Antagonists as Novel Therapeutics / Jeppe Vinther, Jakob Lewin Rukov and Noam Shomron -- microRNAs in Human Diseases and Viral Infections / Alessandra Mescalchin and Tobias Restle -- Dysregulation of MicroRNA Expression and Human Diseases? / To-Ha Thai -- Noncoding RNAs: Identification of Cancer-Associated MicroRNAs / Muller Fabbri and George A. Calin -- Targeting Non-coding RNAs for Cancer Therapy / Satya K. Kota and Savithri Balasubramanian -- MicroRNA Pathways in Drosophila / Geetanjali Chawla and Nicholas S. Sokol -- Viroids: The Smallest Known Infectious Agents Cause Accumulation of Viroid-Specific Small RNAs / Jaroslav Matoušek, Detlev Riesner and Gerhard Steger.
- Functional proteomics methods and protocols 2008Springer ProtocolsA brief summary of the different types of mass spectrometers used in proteomics / Christine Schaeffer-Reiss -- Experimental setups and considerations to study microbial interactions / Petter Melin -- Plant proteomics / Eric Sarnighausen and Ralf Reski -- Methods for human CD8+ T lymphocyte proteome analysis / Lynne Thadikkaran ... [et al.] -- Label-free proteomics of serum / Natalia Govorukhina, Peter Horvatovich, and Rainer Bischoff -- Flow cytometric analysis of cell membrane microparticles / Monique P. Gelderman and Jan Simak -- Exosomes / Joost P.J.J. Hegmans, Peter J. Gerber, and Bart N. Lambrecht -- Toward a full characterization of the human 20S proteasome subunits and their isoforms by a combination of proteomic approaches / Sandrine Uttenweiler-Joseph ... [et al.] -- Free-flow electrophoresis of the human urinary proteome / Mikkel Nissum and Robert Wildgruber -- Versatile screening for binary protein-protein interactions by yeast two-hybrid mating / Stef J.F. Letteboer and Ronald Roepman -- Native fractionation : isolation of native membrane-bound protein complexes from porcine rod outer segments using isopycnic density gradient centrifugation / Magdalena Swiatek-de Lange, Bernd Müller, and Marius Ueffing -- Mapping the signaling pathways by functional interaction proteomics / Alex von Kriegsheim, Christian Preisinger, and Walter Kolch -- Selection of recombinant antibodies by eukaryotic ribosome display / Mingyue He and Michael J. Taussig -- Production of protein arrays by cell-free systems / Mingyue He and Michael J. Taussig -- Nondenaturing mass spectrometry to study noncovalent protein/protein and protein/ligand complexes : technical aspects and application to the determination of binding stoichiometries / Sarah Sanglier ... [et al.] -- Protein processing characterized by a gel-free proteomics approach / Petra Van Damme ... [et al.] -- Identification and characterization of N-glycosylated proteins using proteomics / David S. Selby ... [et al.] -- Data standards and controlled vocabularies for proteomics / Lennart Martens, Luisa Montecchi Palazzi, and Henning Hermjakob -- The PRIDE proteomics identifications database : data submission, query, and dataset comparison / Philip Jones and Richard Côté -- Searching the protein interaction space through the MINT database / Andrew Chatr-aryamontri ... [et al.] -- PepSeeker : mining information from proteomic data / Jennifer A. Siepen, Julian N. Selley, and Simon J. Hubbard -- Toward high-throughput and reliable peptide identification via MS/MS spectra / Jian Liu -- MassSorter : peptide mass fingerprinting data analysis / Ingvar Eidhammer, Harald Barsnes and Svein-Ole Mikalsen -- Database similarity searches / Frédéric Plewniak -- Protein multiple sequence alignment / Chuong B. Do and Kazutaka Katoh -- Discovering biomedical knowledge from the literature / Jasmin Šaríc, Henriette Engelken, and Uwe Reyle -- Protein subcellular localization prediction using artificial intelligence technology / Rajesh Nair and Burkhard Rost -- Protein functional annotation by homology / Raja Mazumder, Sona Vasudevan, and Anastasia N. Nikolskaya -- Designability and disease / Philip Wong and Dmitrij Frishman -- Prism : protein-protein interaction prediction by structural matching / Ozlem Keskin, Ruth Nussinov, and Attila Gursoy -- Prediction of protein interaction based on similarity of phylogenetic trees / Florencio Pazos ... [et al.] -- Large multiprotein structures modeling and simulation : the need for mesoscopic models / Antoine Coulon, Guillaume Beslon, and Olivier Gandrillon -- Dynamic pathway modeling of signal transduction networks : a domain-oriented approach / Holger Conzelmann and Ernst-Dieter Gilles.
- Fundamentals of chromatin 2014SpringerChromatin is the combination of DNA and proteins that make up the genetic material of chromosomes. It is essential for packaging DNA, regulation of gene expression, DNA replication and repair. The audience for this book includes newly established scientists, graduate students and scientists seeking detailed overviews of various aspects of chromatin structure and function to gain entry into this field. The chapters in this book give a strong, updated groundwork about the fundamentals of chromatin which are essential to understand epigenetics. Some the fundamentals that this book covers include the structure and biochemistry of chromatin and the enzyme complexes that manage it.
- Gene biotechnology. Third Edition [3rd ed.]. 2011CRCnetBASE"The third edition of this popular reference covers a variety of techniques related to gene manipulation, including DNA isolation, preparation, screening, and analysis. Topics range from very basic methods to current and sophisticated technologies, including methodologies created and tested by the authors. Other topics include approaches to grant funding and SiRNA technology. The authors offer detailed, step-by-step explanations of protocols and helpful troubleshooting guides. This edition features new techniques for every chapter, as well as several new chapters"--Provided by publisher.
- Gene therapy for HIV and chronic infections 2015SpringerGene therapies for hepatitis C virus / Monique M.A. Verstegen, Qiuwei Pan, and Luc J.W. van der Laan -- Recent advances in use of gene therapy to treat hepatitis B virus infection / Kristie Bloom, Abdullah Ely, and Patrick Arbuthnot -- U1interference (U1i) for antiviral approaches / Lorea Blázquez and Puri Fortes -- Gene therapy strategies to block HIV-1 replication by RNA interference / Elena Herrera-Carrillo and Ben Berkhout -- HIV and ribozymes / Robert J. Scarborough and Anne Gatignol -- Editing CCR5: a novel approach to HIV gene therapy / Tatjana I. Cornu, Claudio Mussolino, Kristie Bloom, and Toni Cathomen -- Synthetic DNA approach to cytomegalovirus vaccine/immune therapy / Stephan J. Wu, Daniel O. Villarreal, Devon J. Shedlock, and David B. Weiner -- Vector-mediated antibody gene transfer for infectious diseases / Bruce C. Schnepp and Philip R. Johnson -- HIV latency and the non-coding RNA therapeutic landscape / Sheena Saayman, Thomas C. Roberts, Kevin V. Morris, and Marc S. Weinberg -- C peptides as entry inhibitors for gene therapy / Lisa Egerer, Hans-Peter Kiem, and Dorothee von Laer -- Aptamer-siRNA chimeras for HIV / Mayumi Takahashi, John C. Burnett, and John J. Rossi -- Index.
- Gene therapy protocols. 3rd ed. v. 1-, 2008-Springer Protocolsv. 1. Production and in vivo applications of gene transfer vectors. Preparation and quantification of pseudotyped retroviral vector / Hong Yu and Young Jik Kwon. Production of retroviral vectors for clinical use / Kenneth Cornetta, Lilith Reeves, and Scott Cross. Methods for the production of helper-dependent adenoviral vectors / Donna J. Palmer and Philip Ng. Methods for the production of first generation adenoviral vectors / Donna J. Palmer and Philip Ng. Large-scale production of recombinant adeno-associated viral vectors / Alejandro Negrete and Robert M. Kotin. Construction and production of recombinant herpes simplex virus vectors / William F. Goins ... [et al.] Plasmid-based gene transfer in mouse skeletal muscle by electroporation / Jonathan D. Schertzer and Goron S. Lynch. Chitosan nanoparticle-mediated gene transfer / Dongwon Lee and Shyam S. Mohapatra. PEG-PEI copolymers for oligonucleotide delivery to cells and tissues / Gordon J. Lutz, Shashank R. Sirsi, and Jason H. Williams. Non-viral gene delivery with cationic liposome-DNA complexes / Kai K. Ewert ... [et al.] Applications of lentiviral vectors in noninvasive molecular imaging / Abhijit De ... [et al.] Retroviral modification of mesenchymal stem cells for gene therapy of hemophilia A / Christopher B. Doering. Transduction of murine hematopoietic stem cells and in vivo selection of gene-modified cells / Lucienne M. Ide, Elisabeth Javazon, and H. Trent Spencer. Assessment of CFTR function after gene transfer in vitro and in vivo / Uta Griesenbach ... [et al.] Oncolytic adenoviruses for cancer gene therapy / Ta-Chiang Liu, Stephen H. Thorne, and David H. Kirn. Design of trans-splicing adeno-associated viral vectors for Duchenne muscular dystrophy gene therapy / Yi Lai ... [et al.] Prevention of type 1 diabetes in NOD mice by genetic engineering of hematopoietic stem cells / Jessamyn Bagley, Charoui Tian, and John Iacomini. Lentiviral vector delivery of siRNA and shRNA encoding genes into cultured and primary hematopoietic cells / Mingjie Li and John J. Rossi. Nanoparticle-mediated gene delivery to the lung / Rajagopal Ramesh. Retroviral-mediated gene therapy for the differentiation of primary cells into a mineralizing osteoblastic phenotype / Jennifer E. Phillips and Andrés J. García. In vivo siRNA delivery to the mouse hypothalamus shows a role of the co-chaperone XAP2 in regulating TRH transcription / Stéphanie Decherf, Zahra Hassani, and Barbara A. Demeneix. Efficient retroviral gene transfer to epidermal stem cells / Pedro Lei and Stelios T. Andreadis.
- Gene transfer vectors for clinical application. 1st ed. 2012ScienceDirectGeneral principles of retrovirus vector design / Tammy Chang and Jiing-Kuan Yee -- Strategies for retrovirus-based correction of severe, combined immunodeficiency (SCID) / Alain Fischer, Salima Hacein-Bey-Abina, and Marina Cavazzana-Calvo -- Retrovirus and lentivirus vector design and methods of cell conditioning / Samantha Cooray, Steven J. Howe, and Adrian J. Thrasher -- Analysis of the clonal repertoire of gene-corrected cells in gene therapy / Anna Paruzynski ... [et al.] -- Developing novel lentiviral vectors into clinical products / Anna Leath and Kenneth Cornetta -- Lentivirus vectors in [beta]-thalassemia / Emmanuel Payen ... [et al.] -- Gene therapy for chronic granulomatous disease / Elizabeth M. Kang and Harry L. Malech -- Alternative splicing caused by lentiviral integration in the human genome / Arianna Moiani and Fulvio Mavilio -- Genotoxicity assay for gene therapy vectors in tumor prone mice / Eugenio Montini and Daniela Cesana -- Lentiviral hematopoietic cell gene therapy for X-linked adrenoleukodystrophy / Nathalie Cartier ... [et al.] -- Retroviral replicating vectors in cancer / Christopher R. Logg ... [et al.] -- Adeno-associated virus vectorology, manufacturing, and clinical applications / Joshua C. Grieger and R. Jude Samulski -- Gene delivery to the retina : from mouse to man / Jean Bennett, Daniel C. Chung, and Albert Maguire -- Generation of hairpin-based RNAi vectors for biological and therapeutic application / Ryan L. Boudreau and Beverly L. Davidson -- Recombinant adeno-associated viral vector reference standards / Philippe Moullier and Richard O. Snyder -- NIH oversight of human gene transfer research involving retroviral, lentiviral, and adeno-associated virus vectors and the role of the NIH Recombinant DNA Advisory Committee / Marina O'Reilly ... [et al.] -- Regulatory structures for gene therapy medicinal products in the European Union / Bettina Klug ... [et al.].
- Genetics and molecular biology of neural tumors 2008Springer
- Genome mapping and genomics in laboratory animals 2012SpringerGenomics in the sea urchin : new perspectives on a perennial model system / Katherine M. Buckley amd Jonathan P. Rast -- Genome mapping and genomics of Caenorhabditis elegans / Jonathan Hodgkin, Michael Paulini, and mary Ann Tuli -- Genome mapping and genomics in Drosophila / Boris Adryan and Steven Russell -- Genome structure, functional genomics, and proteomics in ascidians / Yasunori Sasakura, Nicolas Sierro, Kenta Nakai, Kazuo Inaba, and takehiro G. Kusakabe -- Punching above their weight : the compact genomes of pufferfishes / Brian Cusack and Hugues Roest Crollius -- Medaka genomics and the methods and resources for decoding genomic functions / Tetsuaki Kimura, Yasuhiro Kamei, Yusuke Takehana, Takao Sasado, and Kiyoshi Naruse -- Xenopus genomics and genetics : progress and prospects / Amy K. Sater and Michael J. Gilchrist -- Mouse genome mapping and genomics / Paul Denny -- Rat genome mapping and genetics / Claude Szpirer and Göran Levan.
- Genome-wide association studies and genomic prediction 2013Springer Protocols"With the detailed genomic information that is now becoming available, we have a plethora of data that allows researchers to address questions in a variety of areas. Genome-wide association studies (GWAS) have become a vital approach to identify candidate regions associated with complex diseases in human medicine, production traits in agriculture, and variation in wild populations. Genomic prediction goes a step further, attempting to predict phenotypic variation in these traits from genomic information. Genome-Wide Association Studies and Genomic Prediction pulls together expert contributions to address this important area of study. The volume begins with a section covering the phenotypes of interest as well as design issues for GWAS, then moves on to discuss efficient computational methods to store and handle large datasets, quality control measures, phasing, haplotype inference, and imputation. Later chapters deal with statistical approaches to data analysis where the experimental objective is either to confirm the biology by identifying genomic regions associated to a trait or to use the data to make genomic predictions about a future phenotypic outcome (e.g. predict onset of disease). As part of the Methods in Molecular Biology series, chapters provide helpful, real-world implementation advice."--Back cover
- Genomes. 2nd ed. 2002NCBI Bookshelf
- This book offers a valuable resource that allows students, researchers, educators and the general public to learn about proteomics and genomics. Chromosomes form the basis for our genetic heritage and are the code for protein synthesis. The Human Genome Map was presented in 2002, and the Proteome Sequence Map is currently being created by a global consortia initiative. Proteome and genome building blocks already form the basis of scientific research areas and shape major areas of the pharmaceutical and biomedical industries. The book provides background information on and our current understanding of these gene and protein areas, and explains in detail how cutting-edge science is using these resources to develop new medicines and new diagnostics for patient treatment and care. The book will benefit all students and researchers who need a good understanding of genomics and proteomics within the clinical field. Its content is also suitable for a broad readership, including those not specialized in this field. Dr. Marko-Varga is head of Div. Clinical Protein Science & Imaging at the Biomedical Center, Dept. of Measurement Technology and Industrial Electrical Engineering, Lund University. He's also Professor at the 1st Department of Surgery, Tokyo Medical University, Tokyo, Japan.
- Genomics protocols. 2nd ed. 2008Springer ProtocolsProtein profiling based on two-dimensional difference gel electrophoresis / Gert Van den Bergh and Lutgarde Arckens -- Quantitative protein profiling by mass spectrometry using isotope-coded affinity tags / Arsalan S. Haqqani, John F. Kelly, and Danica B. Stanimirovic -- Quantitative protein profiling by mass spectrometry using label-free proteomics / Arsala S. Haqqani, John F. Kelly, and Danica B. Stanimirovic -- Using 2D-LC-MS/MS to identify Francisella tularensis peptides in extracts from an infected mouse macrophage cell line / John F. Kelly and Wen Ding -- Baculovirus expression vector system : an emerging host for high-throughput eukaryotic protein expression / Binesh Shrestha, Carol Smee, and Opher Gileadi -- Coimmunoprecipitation and proteomic analyses / S. Fabio Falsone, Bernd Gesslbauer, and Andreas J. Kungl -- Tandem affinity purification combined with mass spectrometry to identify components of protein complexes / Peter Kaiser ... [et al.] -- Mammalian two-hybrid assay for detecting protein-protein interactioins in vivo / Runtao He and Xuguang Li -- Detection of protein-protein interactions in live cells and animals with split firefly luciferase protein fragment complementation / Victor Villalobos, Snehal Naik, and David Piwnica-Worms -- Subcellular localization of intracellular human proteins by construction of tagged fusion proteins and transient expression in COS-7 cells / John E. Collins -- GeneFAS : a tool for the prediction of gene function using multiple sources of data / Trupti Joshi ... [et al.] --Comparative genomics-based prediction of protein function / Toni Gabaldón -- Design, manufacture, and assay of the efficacy of siRNAs for gene silencing / Louise A. Dawson and Badar A. Usmani. Whole genome amplification with Phi29 DNA polymerase to enable genetic or genomic analysis of samples of low DNA yield / Kaisa Silander and Janna Saarela -- Scanning for DNA variants by denaturant capillary electrophoresis / Per O. Ekstrøm -- Identification of SNPs, or mutations in sequence chromatograms / Nicole Draper -- BeadArray-based genotyping / Helen Butler and Jiannis Ragoussis -- Microsattelite-based candidate gene linkage analysis studies / Cathryn Mellersh -- Full complexity genomic hybridization on 60-mer oligonucleotide microarrays for array comparative genomic hybridization (aCGH) / Alexei Protopopov, Bin Feng, and Lynda Chin -- Detection of copy number changes at multiple loci in DNA prepared from formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissue by multiplex ligation -dependent probe amplification / Minoru Takata -- Application of microarrays for DNA methylation profiling / Axel Schumacher, Andreas Weinhäusl, and Arturas Petronis -- Genomewide identification of protein binding locations using chromatin immunoprecipitation coupled with microarray / Byung-Kwan Cho, Eric M. Knight, and Bernhard Ø. Palsson -- Transcriptional profiling of small samples in the central nervous system / Stephen D. Ginsberg -- Quantitative expression profiling of RNA from formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissues using randomly assembled bead arrays / Marina Bibikova ... [et al.] -- Expression profiling of microRNAs in cancer cells : technical considerations / Mouldy Sioud and Lina Cekaite -- Identification of disease biomarkers by profiling of serum proteins using SELDI-TOF mass spectrometry / Sigrun Langbein -- The applicability of a cluster of differentiation monoclonal antibody microarray to the diagnosis of human disease / Peter Ellmark ... [et al.] --
- Germ cell development in C. elegans 2013Springer
- Glioma signaling 2013Springer
- Glycobiology protocols 2006Springer ProtocolsGene expression analysis of glycosylation-related genes by real-time polymerase chain reaction / Juan J. Garcia-Vallejo ... [et al.] -- Analysis of the glycodynamics of primary osteoblasts and bone cancer cells / Inka Brockhausen-Schutzbach, Xiaojing Yang, and Mark Harrison -- Micromethods for the characterization of lipid a core and o-antigen lipopolysaccharide / Cristina L. Marolda ... [et al.] -- Assays for a galactosyltransferase involved in the assembly of the O7 antigen repeat unit of escherichia coli / Inka Brockhausen-Schutzbach ... [et al.] -- High-throughput quantitation of metabolically labeled anionic glycoconjugates by scintillation proximity assay utilizing binding to cationic dyes / Karen J. Rees-Milton and Tassos P. Anastassiades -- Quantitative analysis of mucins in mucosal secretions using indirect ELISA / Pablo Argueso and Ilene K. Gipson -- Molecular dissection of the mouse zona pellucida: an electron microscopic perspective utilizing high-resolution colloidal-gold labeling methods / Frederick W. K. Kan -- Soluble adamantly glycosphingolipid analogs as probes of glycosphingolipid function / Clifford Lingwood ... [et al.] -- Diagnosis of Krabbe disease by use of a natural substrate / John W. Callahan and Marie-Anne Skomorowski -- In vitro assays of the functions of calnexin and calreticulin, lectin-chaperones of the endoplasmic reticulum / Breanna S. Ireland, Monika Niggemann, and David B. Williams -- Quantitative measurement of selectin-ligand interactions: assays to identify a sweet pill in a library of carbohydrates / Mark E. Beauharnois, Sriram Neelamegham, and Khushi L. Matta -- Sialic acid-binding specificities of siglecs / Nadine Bock and Soerge Kelm. The application of fluorophore-assisted carbohydrate -- Electrophoresis for the study of the dolichol pyrophosphate-linked oligosaccharides pathway in cell cultures and animal tissues / Ningguo Gao -- Partial purification of mannosylphosphorylundecaprenol synthase from micrococcus luteus: a useful enzyme for the biosynthesis of a variety of mannosylphosphorylpolyisoprenol products / Jeffrey S. Rush and Charles J. Waechter -- Assay of dolichyl-phospho-mannose synthase reconstituted in a lipid matrix / John S. Schutzbach -- O-mannosylation in mammalian cells / Tamao Endo and Hiroshi Manya -- Methods for analysis of unusual forms of o-glycosylation / Aleksandra Nita-Lazar and Robert S. Haltiwanger -- Structural analysis of naturally occurring sialic acids / Johannis P. Kamerling and Gerrit J. Gerwig -- Non-radioactive trans-sialidase screening assay / Silke Schrader and Roland Schauer -- Structural determination of o-glycans by tandem mass spectrometry / Catherine Robbe, Jean-Claude Michalski, and Calliope Capon -- Detailed structural analysis of n-glycans released from glycoproteins in SDS-page gel bands using HPLC combined with exoglycosidase array digestions / Louise Royle ... [et al.] -- Molecular modeling of glycosyltransferases / Anne Imberty ... [et al.] -- Galactoside_2,6-sialyltransferase (st6gal.i) and the sialyl_2,6-galactosyl-linkage in tissues and cell lines / Fabio Dall'Olio, Nadia Malagolini, and Mariella Chiricolo -- Visualizing intracellular distribution and activity of core 2 _(1,6)n-acetylglucosaminyltransferase-I (C2GNT-I) in living cells / Maelle Prorok-Hamon, Sylvie Mathieu, and Assou El-Battari --
- Glycosyltransferases methods and protocols 2013Springer ProtocolsGlycan microarray screening assay for glycosyltransferase specificities / W. Peng, C.M. Nycholat and N. Razi -- A fluorescence-based assay for core 1 [beta]3galactosyltransferase (T-synthase) activity / T. Ju and R.D. Cummings -- Structural and biochemical analysis of a bacterial glycosyltransferase / F. Zhu ... [et al.] -- Study of the biological functions of mucin type core 3 O-glycans / S.H. Lee and M. Fukuda -- Generation of anti-sulfated glycan antibodies using sulfotransferase-deficient mice / H. Kawashima -- Fluorescent microscopy as a tool to elucidate dysfunction and mislocalization of golgi glycosyltransferases in COG complex depleted mammalian cells / R.A. Willett, I.D. Pokrovskaya and V.V. Lupashin -- A practical approach to reconstruct evolutionary history of animal sialyltransferases and gain insights into the sequence-function relationships of golgi-glycosyltransferases / D. Petit ... [et al.] -- Fluorescent lectin staining of drosophila embryos and tissues to detect the spatial distribution of glycans during development / E. Tian, L. Zhang and K.G. Ten Hagen -- Photoaffinity labeling of protein O-mannosyltransferases of the PMT1/PMT2 subfamily / M. Loibl and S. Strahl -- Enzymatic analysis of the protein O-glycosyltransferase, rumi, acting toward epidermal growth factor-like (egf) repeats / H. Takeuchi and R.S. Haltiwanger -- Enzymatic characterization of recombinant enzymes of O-glcNAc cycling / E.J. Kim and J.A. Hanover -- Antibodies and activity measurements for the detection of o-glcnac transferase and assay of its substrate, UDP-glcNAc / T. Lefebvre ... [et al.] -- In vitro glycosylation assay for bacterial oligosaccharyltransferases / M.A. Musumeci, M.V. Ielmini and M.F. Feldman -- In vitro UDP-sugar:Undecaprenyl-phosphate sugar-1-phosphate transferase assay and product detection by thin layer chromatography / K.B. Patel and M.A. Valvano -- In vitro O-antigen ligase assay / X. Ruan and M.A. Valvano -- Functional identification of bacterial glucosyltransferase WbdN / Y. Gao, A. Vinnikova and I. Brockhausen -- Methods for the pasteurella glycosaminoglycan synthases: Enzymes that polymerize hyaluronan, chondroitin, or heparosan chains / P.L. Deangelis -- Methods for measuring class i membrane-bound hyaluronan synthase activity / P.H. Weigel, A.J. Padgett-McCue and B.A. Baggenstoss -- Creation and characterization of glycosyltransferase mutants of Trypanosoma brucei / L. Izquierdo, M.L. Guther and M.A. Ferguson -- Mannose-6-phosphate: A regulator of LLO destruction / N. Gao and M.A. Lehrman -- N-acetylglucosaminyltransferase (GnT) assays using fluorescent oligosaccharide acceptor substrates: GnT-III, IV, V, and IX (GnT-Vb) / S. Takamatsu ... [et al.] -- A method for determination of UDP-GlcNAc: GlcNAc[beta]1-6(GlcNAc[beta]1-2)man[alpha]1-r [GlcNAc to man] beta1-4n-acetylglucosaminyltransferase vi activity / T. Taguchi and N. Taniguchi -- In vitro assays of orphan glycosyltransferases and their application to identify notch xylosyltransferases / M.K. Sethi ... [et al.] -- In vitro folding of [beta]-1,4galactosyltransferase and polypeptide-[alpha]-N-acetylgalactosaminyltransferase from the inclusion bodies / B. Ramakrishnan and P.K. Qasba -- An assay for [alpha] 1,6-fucosyltransferase (FUT8) activity based on the HPLC separation of a reaction product with fluorescence detection / H. Ihara ... [et al.] -- Immunodetection of glycosyltransferases in gastrointestinal tissues / J. Gomes and C.A. Reis -- Glycosyltransferases in chemo-enzymatic synthesis of oligosaccharides / B. Tefsen and I. van Die -- Tumor targeting by a carbohydrate ligand-mimicking peptide / S. Hatakeyama ... [et al.] -- Glycoengineering of human cell lines using zinc finger nuclease gene targeting: Simple cells with homogeneous GalNAc O-glycosylation allow isolation of the O-glycoproteome by one-step lectin affinity chromatography / C. Steentoft, E.P. Bennett and H. Clausen -- Generation of monoclonal antibodies to native active human glycosyltransferases / M.B. Vester-Christensen ... [et al.].
- ER-bound steps in the biosynthesis of G protein-coupled receptors / Christian Nanoff and Michael Freissmuth -- Role of chaperones in G Protein coupled receptor signaling complex assembly / Denis J. Dupré, Maha M. Hammad, Patrick Holland and Jaime Wertman -- GPCR oligomerization: contribution to receptor biogenesis / Kathleen Van Craenenbroeck -- The functional size of GPCRs: monomers, dimers or tetramers? / Darlaine Pétrin and Terence E. Hébert -- Regulation of post-Golgi traffic of G protein-coupled receptors / Guangyu Wu -- Regulated GPCR trafficking to the plasma membrane: general issues and the CCR5 chemokine receptor example / Hamasseh Shirvani, Gabriel Gätà and Stefano Marullo -- Regulatory processes governing the cell surface expression of LH and FSH receptors / Deborah L. Segaloff -- Chaperone-mediated assembly of G protein complexes / Barry M. Willardson and Christopher M. Tracy -- Synthesis and assembly of G protein [beta][gamma] dimers: comparison of in vitro and in vivo studies / Jane Dingus and John D. Hildebrandt -- Preferential assembly of G-[alpha][beta][gamma] complexes directed by the [gamma] subunits / Janet D. Robishaw -- G Protein trafficking / Philip B. Wedegaertner -- Differential assembly of GPCR signaling complexes determines signaling specificity / Pascal Maurice, Abla Benleulmi-Chaachoua and Ralf Jockers -- GPCR and voltage-gated calcium channels (VGCC) signaling complexes / Christophe Altier -- Pharmacological chaperones correct misfolded GPCRs and rescue function: protein trafficking as a therapeutic target / Guadalupe Maya-Núñez, Alfredo Ulloa-Aguirre, Jo Ann Janovick and P. Michael Conn.
- Green fluorescent protein applications and protocols 2002Springer Protocols
- GTPases regulating membrane dynamics 2005ScienceDirect
- GTPases regulating membrane targeting and fusion 2005ScienceDirect
- Guanylate cyclase and cyclic GMP methods and protocols 2013Springer ProtocolsNO/cGMP : the past, the present, and the future / Michael Russwurm [and 3 others] -- cGMP-dependent protein kinases (cGK) / Franz Hofmann and Jörg W. Wegener -- Enzyme assays for cGMP hydrolyzing phosphodiesterases / Sergei D. Rybalkin, Thomas R. Hinds, and Joseph A. Beavo -- Radioimmunoassay for the quantification of cGMP levels in cells and tissues / Ronald Jäger [and 5 others] -- Hyperspectral imaging of FRET-based cGMP probes / Thomas C. Rich [and 3 others] -- Visualization of cGMP with cGi biosensors / Martin Thunemann [and 4 others] -- Advances and techniques to measure cGMP in intact cardiomyocytes / Konrad R. Götz and Viacheslav O. Nikolaev -- Real-time monitoring the spatiotemporal dynamics of intracellular cGMP in vascular smooth muscle cells / Kara F. Held and Wolfgang R. Dostmann -- Methods for identification of cGKI substrates / Katharina Salb and Jens Schlossmann -- Approaches for monitoring PKG1[alpha] oxidative activation / Joseph Robert Burgoyne and Philip Eaton -- Analysis of cGMP signaling in adipocytes / Katja Jennissen [and 4 others] -- A genetic strategy for the analysis of individual axon morphologies in cGMP signalling mutant mice / Hannes Schmidt, Gohar Ter-Avetisyan, and Fritz G. Rathjen -- Receptor binding assay for NO-independent activators of soluble guanylate cyclase / Peter M. Schmidt and Johannes-Peter Stasch -- Direct intrathecal drug delivery in mice for detecting in vivo effects of cGMP on pain processing / Ruirui Lu and Achim Schmidtko -- The Geisler method : tracing activity-dependent cGMP plasticity changes upon double detection of mRNA and protein on brain slices / Wibke Singer, Hyun-Soon Geisler, and Marlies Knipper -- Detection of cGMP in the degenerating retina / Stylianos Michalakis [and 3 others].
- Guide to investigation of mouse pregnancy 2014ScienceDirectThe Guide to Investigation of Mouse Pregnancy is the first publication to cover the mouse placenta or the angiogenic tree the mother develops to support the placenta. This much-needed resource covers monitoring of the cardiovascular system, gestational programming of chronic adult disease, epigenetic regulation, gene imprinting, and stem cells. Offering detailed and integrated information on how drugs, biologics, stress, and manipulations impact pregnancy in the mouse model, this reference highlights techniques used to analyze mouse pregnancy.
- Guide to yeast genetics functional genomics, proteomics, and other systems analysis. 2nd ed. 2010ScienceDirect
- Guidelines for molecular analysis in archive tissues 2011Springer
- Handbook of biochemistry and molecular biology. 4th ed. 2010CRCnetBASE"Offering a molecular perspective not available 20 years ago, [this edition] provides physical and chemical data on proteins, nucleic acids, lipids, and carbohydrates. Presented in an organized, concise, and simple-to-use format, this popular reference allows quick access to the most frequently used data. Covering a wide range of topics, from classical biochemistry to proteomics and genomics, it also details the properties of commonly used biochemicals, laboratory solvents, and reagents." --excerpts from book jacket.
- Handbook of computational molecular biology 2006CRCnetBASE
- "Reflecting the milestones in the field that have occurred since the publication of the first edition, this book provides an updated tool kit that incorporates conventional as well as modern approaches to tackling biological and medicinal research in the post genomic era. The authors have evaluated, revised, and sometimes replaced all protocols with more efficient, reliable, or simpler ones. The book is also completely reorganized and covers topics of modern "omics" approaches, including genomics, proteomics, and metabolomics. This is followed coverage of the Manipulation of Biological Systems, including RNAi, and the use of microscopy"--Provided by publisher.
- Handbook of neurochemistry and molecular neurobiology. Neural signaling mechanisms. 3rd ed. 2009Springer
- Alterations of Neurotransmitter Receptors in Schizophrenia: Evidence from Postmortem Studies / L. V. Kristiansen, R. M. Cowell, M. Biscaia, R. E. McCullumsmith and J. H. Meador-Woodruff -- An Overview and Current Perspective on Family Studies of Schizophrenia / L. E. DeLisi -- Auditory Cortex Anatomy and Asymmetry in Schizophrenia / J. F. Smiley -- Cholinergic Mechanisms in Schizophrenia / T. J. Raedler and R. Freedman -- Cortical Dopamine in Schizophrenia / A. Abi-Dargham -- Dysbindin-1 and Its Protein Family With Special Attention to the Potential Role of Dysbindin-1 in Neuronal Functions and the Pathophysiology of Schizophrenia / K. Talbot, W.- Y. Ong, D. J. Blake, J. Tang and N. Louneva, et al. -- Early-Stage Visual Processing Deficits in Schizophrenia / P. D. Butler -- Event-Related Potentials (ERPs) in the Study of Schizophrenia: How Preclinical ERP Studies have Contributed to our Understanding of Schizophrenia / J. M. Phillips, C. R. Maxwell, R. S. Ehrlichman and S. J. Siegel -- G72/G30 in Neuropsychiatric Disorders / J. Shi, L. Cheng, E. S. Gershon and C. Liu -- Glutamatergic Approaches to the Conceptualization and Treatment of Schizophrenia / J. Kantrowitz and D. C. Javitt -- Hippocampus / S. Heckers -- Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy / P. Milev, S. Miranowski and K. O. Lim -- Neuregulin 1 and Schizophrenia / Y.-J. J. Chen, L. W. Role and D. A. Talmage -- Redox Dysregulation in Schizophrenia: Genetic Susceptibility and Pathophysiological Mechanisms / K. Q. Do, P. Bovet, J. H. Cabungcal, P. Conus and R. Gysin, et al. -- Synaptic Vesicle Associated Proteins and Schizophrenia / H. T. Kao and B. Porton -- The Neurobiology of Negative Symptoms and the Deficit Syndrome / B. A. Fischer, B. Kirkpatrick and W. T. Carpenter -- The Role of Prefrontal Abnormalities in Schizophrenia / M. J. Hoptman and K. A. Nolan.
- Harper's Illustrated biochemistry 2015 (30th ed.).AccessMedicine29th ed., 2012 AccessMedicine
- Heart proteomics methods and protocols 2013Springer ProtocolsLarge-scale characterization of the murine cardiac proteome / Jake Cosme, Andrew Emili, and Anthony O. Gramolini -- Determining protein concentrations of the human ventricular proteome / Arjen Scholten and Albert J.R. Heck -- Multidimensional protein identification technology for direct-tissue proteomics of heart / Dario Di Silvestre, Francesca Brambilla, and Pier Luigi Mauri -- Global protein quantification of mouse heart tissue based on the SILAC Mouse / Anne Konzer [and others] -- Global proteomic profiling and enrichment maps of dilated cardiomyopathy / Ruth Isserlin, Daniele Merico, and Andrew Emili -- Characterization of the human myocardial proteome in dilated cardiomyopathy by label-free quantitative shotgun proteomics of heart biopsies / Elke Hammer, Katrin Darm, and Uwe Völker -- Systems proteomics of healthy and diseased chromatin / Haodong Chen [and others] -- Proteomic analysis of interstitial aortic valve cells acquiring a pro-calcific profile / Millioni Renato [and others] -- Differential protein expression analysis of degenerative aortic stenosis by iTRAQ labeling / Sergio Alonso-Orgaz [and others] -- Characterization of zebrafish cardiac proteome using online pH Gradient SCX-RP HPLC-MS/MS Platform / Jiang Zhang [and others] -- Proteomic analysis of brain mitochondrial proteome and mitochondrial complexes / Ana Lopez-Campistrous and Carlos Fernandez-Patron -- Oxidative modifications of mitochondria complex II / Liwen Zhang [and others] -- Detection of O-GlcNAc modifications on cardiac myofilament proteins / Genaro A. Ramirez-Correa [and others] -- Quantification of mitochondrial S-nitrosylation by CysTMT 6 Switch Assay / Christopher I. Murray [and others] -- Identification of thioredoxin target protein networks in cardiac tissues of a transgenic Mouse / Cexiong Fu [and others] -- Using pure protein to build a multiple reaction monitoring mass spectrometry assay for targeted detection and quantitation / Eric Grote [and others] -- Sequential extraction methodology for cardiac extracellular matrix prior to proteomics analysis / Javier Barallobre-Barreiro [and others] -- Optimized method for identification of the proteomes secreted by cardiac cells / Miroslava Stastna and Jennifer E. Van Eyk -- Secretome of human aortic valves / Fernando de la Cuesta [and others] -- Comparative study of immunodepletion and equalization methods for aortic stenosis human plasma / Felix Gil-Dones [and others].
- Hematopoietic stem cell protocols. 2nd ed. 2008Springer ProtocolsThe expanding tool kit for hematopoietic stem cell research / William Tse and Kevin D. Bunting -- Isolation of quiescent murine hematopoietic stem cells by homing properties / Tarja A. Juopperi and Saul J. Sharkis -- Mobilization of hematopoietic stem and progenitor cells in mice / Simon N. Robinson and Ronald P. van Os -- Transmigration of human CD34⁺ cells / Seiji Fukuda and Louis M. Pelus -- Flow cytometry-based cell cycle measurement of mouse hematopoietic stem and progenitor cells / Hongmei Shen, Matthew Boyer, and Tao Cheng -- Analysis of apoptosis in hematopoietic stem cells by flow cytometry / William G. Kerr -- In vitro hematopoietic differentiation of murine embryonic stem cells / Jinhua Shen and Cheng-Kui Qu -- Hematopoietic development of human embryonic stem cells in culture / Xinghui Tian and Dan S. Kaufman -- In vitro human T cell development directed by notch-ligand interactions / Génève Awong, Ross N. La Motte-Mohs, and Juan Carlos Zuñiga-Pflücker -- In vitro assays for cobblestone area-forming cells, LTC-IC, and CFU-C / Ronald P. van Os, Bertien Dethmers-Ausema, and Gerald de Haan -- Hematopoietic stem cell transplant in mice by intra-femoral injection / Yuxia Zhan and Yi Zhao -- Hematopoietic stem cell transplant into non-myeloblated W/Wv mice to detect steady-state engraftment defects / Zhengqi Wang and Kevin D. Bunting -- Isolation and functional characterization of side population stem cells / Jonathan B. Johnnidis and Fernando D. Camargo -- Transplantation of chimeric fetal liver to study hematopoiesis / Sigrid Eckardt and K. John McLaughlin -- Immunodeficient mouse models to study human stem cell-mediated tissue repair / Ping Zhou ... [et al.] -- Retroviral transduction of murine hematopoietic stem cells / Peter Haviernik, Yi Zhang, and Kevin D. Bunting -- Lentiviral gene transduction of mouse and human stem cells / Zhaohui Ye, Xiaobing Yu, and Linzhao Cheng -- Retroviral integration site analysis in hematopoietic stem cells / Olga S. Kustikova, Christopher Baum, and Boris Fehse -- A detailed protocol for bacterial artificial chromosome recombineering to study essential genes in stem cells / Andriy Tsyrulnyk and Richard Moriggl -- Bioluminescence imaging of hematopoietic stem cell repopulation in murine models / Yuan Lin ... [et al.]
- Hepatocytes methods and protocols 2010Springer Protocols1. General review on in vitro hepatocyte models and their applications / Christiane Guguen-Guillouzo and Andre Guillouzo -- 2. Human foetal hepatocytes / Anne Weber ... [et al.] -- 3. Isolation and culture of primary hepatocytes from resected human liver tissue / Edward L. LeCluyse and Eliane Alexandre -- 4. Optimisation of the cryopreservation of primary hepatocytes / Nicola J. Hewitt -- 5. Cryopreservation of human hepatocytes for clinical use / Ragai R. Mitry, Sharon C. Lehec, and Robin D. Hughes -- 6. Hepatocyte differentiation / Katy M. Olsavsky Goyak, Elizabeth M. Laurenzana, and Curtis J. Omiecinski -- 7. Reversible manipulation of apoptosis sensitivity in cultured hepatocytes by matrix-mediated manipulation of signaling activities / Patricio Godoy ... [et al.] -- 8. Markers and signaling factors for stem cell differentiation to hepatocytes / Frédéric Lemaigre -- 9. Hepatic stem cells / Robert E. Schwartz and Catherine Verfaillie -- 10. Hepatic stem cells and liver development / Nalu Navarro-Alvarez, Alejandro Soto-Gutierrez, and Naoya Kobayashi -- 11. Generation of hepatocytes from human embryonic stem cells / Neta Lavon -- 12. Isolation and culture of adult human liver progenitor cells / Sabine Gerbal-Chaloin ... [et al.] -- 13. The HepaRG cell line / Marie-Jeanne Marion, Olivier Hantz, and David Durantel -- 14. Transdifferentiation of pancreatic cells to hepatocytes / Chia-Ning Shen and David Tosh -- 15. Evaluation of drug metabolism, drug-drug interactions and in vitro hepatotoxicity with cryopreserved human hepatocytes / Albert P. Li -- 16. The use of human hepatocytes to investigate drug metabolism and CYP enzyme induction / Sylvie Klieber ... [et al.] -- 17. The use of hepatocytes to investigate UDP-glucuronosyltransferases and sulfotransferases / Sylvie Fournel-Gigleux ... [et al.] -- 18. The use of hepatocytes to investigate drug uptake transporters / Kazuya Maeda and Yuichi Sugiyama -- 19. Metabonomic studies on human hepatocyte in primary culture / Vincent Croizmarie ... [et al.] -- 20. The application of HepRG cells in evaluation of cytochrome P450 induction properties of drug compounds / Tommy B. Andersson -- 21. The use of hepatocytes to investigate drug toxicity / María José Gómez-Lechón, José V. Castell, Maria Teresa Donato -- 22. The use of human hepatocytes to investigate bile acid synthesis / Ewa C.S. Ellis and Lisa-Mari Nilsson -- 23. The use of human hepatocytes to investigate blood coagulation factor / Christine Biron-Andréani ... [et al.] -- 24. Use of human hepatocytes to investigate HCV infection / Lydiane Pichard-Garcia ... [et al.] -- 25. The use of hepatocytes to investigate HDV infection / Camille Sureau -- 26. Rodent models of liver repopulation / Helène Gilgenkrantz -- 27. Chimeric mice with humanized liver / Stephen C. Strom, Julio Davila, and Markus Grompe -- 28. Bioartificial liver support systems / Gesine Pless -- 29. Human hepatocyte transplantation / Anil Dhawan ... [et al.].
- Hormone assays in biological fluids 2006Springer ProtocolsImmunoassay techniques / Michael J. Wheeler -- High-performance liquid chromatography for hormone assay / John W. Honour -- Gas chromatography-mass spectrometry / John W. Honour -- An introduction to PCR techniques / Gill Rumsby -- Methods for the investigation of thyroid function / Christine R. Squire -- Assays for LH, FSH, and prolactin / Michael J. Wheeler -- Adrenocorticotropic hormone and related peptides / Les A. Perry -- Measurement of glucocorticoids in biological fluids / Geoff Holder -- Urinary steroid profiling / Norman F. Taylor -- Measurement of aldosterone in blood / Marion L. Cawood -- Measurement of plasma renin activity / Marion L. Cawood -- Measurement of androgens / Michael J. Wheeler -- Measurement of gut hormones in plasma / Shahred Taheri, Mohammed Ghatei, and Steve Bloom -- Measurement of melatonin and 6-sulphatoxymelatonin / Benita Middleton.
- Hormone receptors in breast cancer 2009Springer
- Imaging and spectroscopic analysis of living cells. Imaging live cells in health and disease. 1st ed. 2012ScienceDirectSection 1. Viruses, microbes, and parasites. Microbial cells analysis by atomic force microscopy / David Alsteens ; Understanding parasite transmission through imaging approaches / Mirko Singer and Freddy Frischknecht ; Multiphoton microscopy applied for real-time intravital imaging of bacterial infections in vivo / Ferdinand X. Choong ... [et al.] ; Analysis of virus entry and cellular membrane dynamics by single particle tracking / Helge Ewers and Mario Schelhaas ; Imaging of live malaria blood stage parasites / Christof Grüring and Tobias Spielmann ; Escherichia coli K1 invasion of human brain microvascular endothelial cells / Lip Nam Loh and Theresa H. Ward -- Section 2. Disease states. Real-time imaging after cerebral ischemia : model systems for visualization of inflammation and neuronal repair / Pierre Cordeau and Jasna Kriz ; In vivo real-time visualization of leukocytes and intracellular hydrogen peroxide levels during a zebrafish acute inflammation assay / Luke Pase, Cameron J. Nowell, and Graham J. Lieschke ; Imaging protein oligomerization in neurodegeneration using bimolecular fluorescence complementation / Federico Herrera, Susana Gonçalves, and Tiago Fleming Outeiro ; 3D/4D functional imaging of tumor-associated proteolysis : impact of microenvironment / Kamiar Moin ... [et al.] -- Section 3. Other techniques. Live cell imaging in live animals with fluorescent proteins / Robert M. Hoffman ; Protein activation dynamics in cells and tumor micro arrays assessed by time resolved Förster resonance energy transfer / Véronique Calleja, Pierre Leboucher, Banafshe ́Larijani ; Imaging stem cell differentiation for cell-based tissue repair / Zhenghong Lee ... [et al.] ; Understanding the initiation of B cell signaling through live cell imaging / Angel M. Davey ... [et al.] ; A quantitative method for measuring phototoxicity of a live cell imaging microscope / Jean-Yves Tinevez ... [et al.] ; High content screening of defined chemical libraries using normal and glioma-derived neural stem cell lines / Davide Danovi ... [et al.] ; High-throughput screening in primary neurons / Punita Sharma ... [et al.] ; Live imaging fluorescent proteins in early mouse embryos / Panagiotis Xenopoulos, Sonja Nowotschin, and Anna-Katerina Hadjantonakis ; Methods for three-dimensional analysis of dendritic spine dynamics / Enni Bertling ... [et al.] ; Imaging cell competition in Drosophila imaginal discs / Shizue Ohsawa ... [et al.] ; Live cell imaging of the oviduct / Sabine Kölle -- Computational quantification of fluorescent leukocyte numbers in zebrafish embryos / Felix Ellett and Graham J. Lieschke -- Four-dimensional tracking of lymphocyte migration and interactions in lymph nodes by two-photon microscopy / Masahiro Kitano and Takaharu Okada.
- Immunity, tumors and aging the role of HSP70 2013SpringerA General Description of HSPs, The Molecular Structure of HSP70 and The HSP70 Cycle -- The Functions of HSP70 in Normal Cells -- HSP70 in Damaged Cells -- Mechanisms of Activation and Inactivation of HSP70 Synthesis -- HSP70 in the Immune Responses -- HSP70 in Carcinogenesis -- HSP70 in aging -- The role of HSP70 in the protection of: (A) The brain in alzheimer's disease and (B) The heart in cardiac surgery.
- In silico systems biology 2013Springer ProtocolsSystems biology can now be considered an established and fundamental field in life sciences. It has moved from the identification of molecular 'parts lists' for living organisms towards synthesising information from different 'omics'-based approaches to generate and test new hypotheses about how biological systems work. In Silico Systems Biology: Methods and Protocols, expert researchers in the field detail a practical set of chapters based often on actual materials used and develop for face-to-face training with examples and case studies.Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, step-by-step workflows, and key tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. -- Publisher website.
- In situ hybridization in electron microscopy 2001CRCnetBASE
- In situ hybridization protocols. 3rd ed. 2005Springer ProtocolsIn situ hybridization using riboprobes on free-floating brain sections / Neil C. Owens, F. Martin Hess, and Emilio Badoer -- An in situ hybridization technique to detect low-abundance slug mRNA in adherent cultured cells / Changsun Choi ... [et al.] -- Identification of transplanted human cells in animal tissues / Daniel Benten, Kang Cheng, and Sanjeev Gupta -- In situ hybridization to plant tissues and chromosomes / Andreas Houben, Sharon J. Orford, and Jeremy N. Timmis -- Histochemical localization of cell proliferation using in situ hybridization for histone mRNA / Tim D. Hewitson, Kristen J. Kelynack, and Ian A. Darby -- Histochemical localization of apoptosis with in situ labeling of fragmented DNA / Tim D. Hewitson, Teresa Bisucci, and Ian A. Darby -- Nonradioactive in situ hybridization on frozen sections and whole mounts / Julia Asp, Alexandra Abramsson, and Christer Betsholtz -- In situ hybridization of whole mount embryos / Murray Hargrave, Josephine Bowles, and Peter Koopman -- In situ detection of Epstein-Barr virus and phenotype determination of EBV-infected cells / Gerald Niedobitek and Hermann Herbst -- PNA- situ hybridization method for detection of HIV-1 DNA in virus-infected cells and subsequent detection of cellular and viral proteins / Tomoko Hagiwara, Junko Hattori, and Tsuguhiro Kaneda -- Electron microscopy and in situ hybridization: expression of P2Y2 receptor mRNA in the cerebellum / Andrzej Loesch and Rainer Glass -- The use of combined immunohistochemical labeling and in situ hybridization to colocalize mRNA and protein in tissue sections / Malcolm D. Smith, Michael Ahern, and Mark Coleman -- Semiquantitative in situ hybridization using radioactive probes to study gene expression in motoneuron populations / Paul D. Storer and Tracey DeLucia -- Quantitative in situ hybridization of tissue microarrays / Adrian M. Jubb ... [et al.]. Treatment of tissue sections for in situ hybridization / Gregory H. Tesch, Hui Y. Lan, and David J. Nikolic-Paterson -- Preparation of template DNA and labeling techniques / Peter J. Roche -- In situ hybridization using cRNA probes: isotopic and nonisotopic detection methods / Ian A. Darby ... [et al.] -- Tyramide signal amplification for DNA and mRNA in situ hybridization / Ernst J.M. Speel, Anton H.N. Hopman, and Paul Komminoth -- Expression analysis of murine genes using in situ hybridization with radioactive and nonradioactively labeled RNA probes / Anne Chotteau-Lelièvre, Pascal Dollé, and Françoise Gofflot --
- In vitro transcription and translation protocols. 2nd ed. 2007Springer ProtocolsEnergy systems for ATP regeneration in cell-free protein synthesis reactions / Kara A. Calhoun and James R. Swartz -- Continuous-exchange protein-synthesizing systems / Vladimir A. Shirokov ... [et al.] -- Cell-free production of integral membrane proteins on a preparative scale / Christian Klammt ... [et al.] -- SIMPLEX : a novel method for high-throughput construction and screening of protein libraries / Suang Rungpragayphan, Tsuneo Yamane, and Hideo Nakano -- Methods for high-throughput materialization of genetic information based on the wheat germ cell-free expression system / Tatsuya Sawasaki ... [et al.] -- Exogenous protein expression in Xenopus oocytes : basic procedures / Elena Bossi ... [et al.] -- In vitro translation to study HIV protease activity / Zene Matsuda ... [et al.] -- The protein truncation test in mutation detection and molecular diagnosis / Oliver Hauss and Oliver Muller -- Creation of novel enantioselective lipases by SIMPLEX / Yuichi Koga, Tsuneo Yamane, and Hideo Nakano -- In vitro transcription and translation coupled with two-dimensional electrophoresis for bacterial proteome analysis / Nathalie Norais ... [et al.] -- In vitro screen of bioinformatically selected Bacillus anthracis vaccine candidates by coupled transcription, translation, and immunoprecipitation analysis / Orit Gat, Haim Grosfeld, and Avigdor Shafferman -- Functional expression of Type 1 rat GABA transporter in microinjected Xenopus laevis oocytes / Stefano Giovannardi ... [et al.] -- Production of protein for nuclear magnetic resonance study using the wheat germ cell-free system / Toshiyuki Kohno and Yaeta Endo.
- Inositol phosphates and lipids methods and protocols 2009Springer ProtocolsThe role of inositol and the principles of labelling, extraction, and analysis of inositides in mammalian cells / Christopher J. Barker and Per-Olof Berggren -- HPLC separation of inositol polyphosphates / Christopher J. Barker, Christopher Illies, and Per-Olof Berggren -- Molecular manipulation and analysis of inositol phosphate and pyrophosphate levels in mammalian cells / James C. Otto and John D. York -- A femtomole-sensitivity mass assay for inositol hexakisphosphate / Andrew J. Letcher, Michael J. Schell, and Robin F. Irvine -- Synthesis of InsP₇ by the inositol hexakisphosphate kinase 1 (IP6K1) / Cristina Azevedo ... [et al.] -- Protein pyrophosphorylation by diphosphoinositol pentakisphosphate (InsP₇) / J. Kent Werner Jr., Traci Speed, and Rashna Bhandari -- Synthesis and nonradioactive micro-analysis of diphosphoinositol phosphates by HPLC with postcolumn complexometry / Hongying Lin, Karsten Lindner, and Georg W. Mayr -- Diphosphosinositol polyphosphates and energy metabolism : assay for ATP/ADP ratio / Andreas Nagel ... [et al.] -- Isolation of inositol 1,4,5-triphosphate receptor-associating proteins and selective knockdown using RNA interference / Akihiro Mizutani ... [et al.] -- Phosphoinositide-specific phospholipase C [beta]1 signal transduction in the nucleus / Roberta Fiume ... [et al.] -- Methods to assess changes in the pattern of nuclear phosphoinositides / Nullin Divecha -- Measurement of phosphoinositide 3-kinase products in cultured mammalian cells by HPLC / Frank T. Cooke -- Phosphoinositide analysis by liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry / Trevor R. Pettitt -- Imaging phosphoinositide dynamics in living cells / Anne Wuttke, Olof Idevall-Hagren, and Anders Tengholm.
- Integrative plant biochemistry. 1st ed. 2006ScienceDirectTerpene indole alkaloid biosynthesis / Sarah E. O'Connor, Elizabeth McCoy -- Pathways to diverse ergot alkaloid profiles in fungi / Daniel G. Panaccione, Christopher L. Schardl, Christine M. Coyle -- Compartmentalization of plant secondary metabolism / Nailish Samanani, Peter J. Facchini -- Comparative genomics of the shikimate pathways in Arabidopsis, Populus trichocarpa and Oryza sativa : shikimate pathway gene family structure and identification of candidates for missing links in pehnylalanine biosynthesis / Björn Hamberger ... [et al.] -- Tomato glandular trichomes as a model system for exploring evolution of specialized metabolism in a single cell / Eyal Fridman ... [et al.] -- Anacardic acid biosynthesis and bioactivity / David J. Schultz, Nalinie S. Wickramasinghe, Carolyn M. Klinge -- Molecular and biochemical investigations of sorgoleone biosynthesis / Daniel Cook ... [et al.] -- Biosynthesis of terpenophenolic metabolites in hop and cannabis / Jonathan E. Page, Jana Nagel -- Engineering pathway enzymes to understand the function and evolution of sterol structure and activity / Pruthvi Jayasimha ... [et al.] -- Methylation and demethylation of plant signaling molecules / Yue Yang ... [et al.] -- Recent advances in auxin biosynthesis and conjugation / Amber Kei Bowers, Yunde Zhao -- Auxin biology and biosynthesis / Jessica Calio, Yuen Yee Tam, Jennifer Normanly -- Translational opportunities in plant biochemistry / Cecilia A. McIntosh.
- Integrin structure and functional relation with ion channels / Annarosa Arcangeli and Andrea Becchetti -- Introduction to ion channels / Chiara Di Resta and Andrea Becchetti -- Biochemical methods to study the interactions between integrins and ion channels / Olivia Crociani -- Optical methods in the study of protein : protein interactions / Alessio Masi ... [et al.] -- Integrins and signal transduction / -- Sara Cabodi ... [et al.] -- Physical and functional interaction between integrins and herg1 channels in cancer cells / Serena Pillozzi and Annarosa Arcangeli -- Coordinated regulation of vascular Ca2+ and K+ channels by integrin signaling / Peichun Gui ... [et al.] -- Adhesion : dependent modulation of macrophage K+ channels / Margaret Colden-Stanfield -- Integrin receptors and ligand : gated channels / Raffaella Morini and Andrea Becchetti -- Integrins and ion channels in cell migration : implications for neuronal development, wound healing and metastatic spread / Andrea Becchetti and Annarosa Arcangeli.
- Introduction to biological and small molecule drug research and development theory and case studies 2013ScienceDirectChapter 1. Introduction to enzymes, receptors and the action of small molecule drugs -- chapter 2. Protein structure and function -- chapter 3. The small molecule drug discovery process : from target selection to candidate selection -- chapter 4. Protein therapeutics (introduction to biopharmaceuticals) -- chapter 5. Similarities and differences in the discovery and use of biopharmaceuticals and small-molecule chemotherapeutics -- chapter 6. Therapies for type 2 diabetes : modulating the incretin pathway using small molecule peptidase inhibitors or peptide mimetics -- chapter 7. The structure and business of biopharmaceutical companies including the management of risks and resources -- chapter 8. Discovery and development of the anticancer agent gefitinib, an inhibitor of the epidermal growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase -- chapter 9. Targeting HER2 by monoclonal antibodies for cancer therapy -- chapter 10. Recombinant human erythropoietin and its analogues -- chapter 11. Lysosomal storage disorders : current treatments and future directions -- chapter 12. Hormone replacement therapy -- chapter 13. Design of the anti-HIV protease inhibitor darunavir -- chapter 14. The case of anti-TNF agents -- chapter 15. Discovery of the cholesterol absorption inhibitor, ezetimibe.
- Introduction to biological membranes from bilayers to rafts 2013ScienceDirectAn Introduction to Biological Membranes: From Bilayers to Rafts covers many aspects of membrane structure/function that bridges membrane biophysics and cell biology. Offering cohesive, foundational information, this publication is valuable for advanced undergraduate students, graduate students and membranologists who seek a broad overview of membrane science. Brings together different facets of membrane research in a universally understandable mannerEmphasis on the historical development of the field. Topics include membrane sugars, membrane models, membrane isolation methods, and membrane transport.
- Introduction to Markov State Models and their application to long timescale molecular simulation 2014SpringerThe aim of this book volume is to explain the importance of Markov state models to molecular simulation, how they work, and how they can be applied to a range of problems. The Markov state model (MSM) approach aims to address two key challenges of molecular simulation: 1) How to reach long timescales using short simulations of detailed molecular models 2) How to systematically gain insight from the resulting sea of data MSMs do this by providing a compact representation of the vast conformational space available to biomolecules by decomposing it into states sets of rapidly interconverting conformations and the rates of transitioning between states.This kinetic definition allows one to easily vary the temporal and spatial resolution of an MSM from high-resolution models capable of quantitative agreement with (or prediction of) experiment to low-resolution models that facilitate understanding. Additionally, MSMs facilitate the calculation of quantities that are difficult to obtain from more direct MD analyses, such as the ensemble of transition pathways. This book introduces the mathematical foundations of Markov models, how they can be used to analyze simulations and drive efficient simulations, and some of the insights these models have yielded in a variety of applications of molecular simulation.
- Introduction to molecular biophysics 2003CRCnetBASE
- Part 1. Cell polarity, growth, and cell cycle -- part 2. Yeast regulatory circuits -- part 3. Gene expression and trait locus analysis -- part 4. Comparative genomics.
- Ion channels methods and protocols 2006Springer ProtocolsA simple in-vivo method for assessing changes of membrane bound ion channel density in xenopus oocytes / Mouhamed S. Awayda ... [et al.] -- Preparation of cortical brain slices for electrophysiological recording / Costa M. Colbert -- Juxtacellular labeling and chemical phenotyping of extracellulary recorded neurons in vivo / Glenn M. Toney and Lynette C. Daws -- Carbon fiber amperometry in the study of ion channels and secretion / Duk-Su Koh -- Genetic screening for functionality of bacterial potassium channel mutants using K+ update-deficient escherichia coli / Lyubov V. Parfenova and Brad S. Rothberg -- KCNQ1 K channel-mediated cardiac channelopathies / Gildas Loussouarn, Isabelle Baro, and Denis Escade -- Tissue-specific transgenic and knockout mice / Andrée Porret ... [et al.]. Functional reconstitution of the human epithelial Na+ channel in a mammalian expression system / Alexander Staruschenko ... [et al.] -- Overexpression of proteins in neurons using replication-deficient virus / Richard M. Ahlquist and Jane M. Sullivan -- Exogenous expression of proteins in neurons using the biolistic particle delivery system / Nikita Gamper and Mark S. Shapiro -- Tertiary and quaternary structure formation of voltage-gated potassium channels / John M. Robinson, Andrey Kosolapov, and Carol Deutsch -- Biophysical approach to determine the subunit stoichiometry of the epithelial sodium channel using the xenopus laevis oocyte expression system / Farhad Kosari, Shaou Sheng, and Thomas R. Kleyman -- Spectroscopy-based quantitative fluorescence resonance energy transfer analysis / Jie Zheng -- Probing the effects of phosphoinositides on ion channels / Chou-Long Huang -- Epithelial sodium channel in planar lipid bilayers / Bakhrom K. Berdiev and Dale J. Benos --
- Jasmonate signaling methods and protocols 2013Springer ProtocolsPhenotyping jasmonate regulation of senescence / Martin A. Seltmann and Susanne Berger -- Characterizing jasmonate regulation of male fertility in Arabidopsis / Bryan Thines, Ajin Mandaokar, and John Browse -- Phenotyping jasmonate regulation of root growth / Fabian Kellermeier and Anna Amtmann -- Bioassays for assessing jasmonate-dependent defenses triggered by pathogens, herbivorous insects, or beneficial Rhizobacteria / Saskia C.M. Van Wees ... [et al.] -- Elicitation of jasmonate-mediated defense responses by mechanical wounding and insect herbivory / Marco Herde, Abraham J.K. Koo, and Gregg A. Howe -- Pseudomonas syringae infection assays in Arabidopsis / Jian Yao, John Withers, and Sheng Yang He -- Jasmonate signaling in the field, part I : elicited changes in jasmonate pools of transgenic Nicotiana attenuata / Emmanuel Gaquerel ... [et al.] -- Jasmonate Signaling in the field, part II : insect-guided characterization of genetic variations in jasmonate-dependent defenses of transgenic and natural Nicotiana attenuata populations / Emmanuel Gaquerel ... [et al.] -- Profiling of jasmonic acid-related metabolites and hormones in wounded leaves / Yusuke Jikumaru -- Non-targeted approach for extended liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry profiling of free and esterified jasmonates after wounding / Gaëtan Glauser and Jean-Luc Wolfender -- Cell-specific detection of jasmonates by means of an immunocytological approach / Bettina Hause, Kati Mielke, and Susanne Forner -- Jasmonic acid-amino acid conjugation enzyme assays / Martha L. Rowe and Paul E. Staswick -- Pull-down analysis of interactions among jasmonic acid core signaling proteins / Sandra Fonseca and Roberto Solano -- Yeast two-hybrid analysis of jasmonate signaling proteins / Amparo Pérez Cuéllar ... [et al.] -- Modified bimolecular fluorescence complementation assay to study the inhibition of transcription complex formation by JAZ proteins / Tiancong Qi, Susheng Song, and Daoxin Xie -- Agroinfiltration of Nicotiana benthamiana leaves for co-localization of regulatory proteins involved in jasmonate signaling / Volkan Çevik and Kemal Kazan -- Electrophoretic mobility shift assay for the analysis of interactions of jasmonic acid-responsive transcription factors with DNA / Johan Memelink -- Transient expression assays in tobacco protoplasts / Robin Vanden Bossche ... [et al.] -- Functional analysis of jasmonic acid-responsive secondary metabolite transporters / Nobukazu Shitan, Akifumi Sugiyama, and Kazufumi Yazaki -- Expression analysis of jasmonate-responsive lectins in plants / Nausicaä Lannoo and Els J.M. Van Damme -- Profiling the jasmonic acid responses by nuclear magnetic resonance-based metabolomics / Hye Kyong Kim, Young Hae Choi, and Robert Verpoorte -- Metabolite profiling of plant tissues by liquid chromatography fourier transform ion cyclotron resonance mass spectrometry / Jacob Pollier and Alain Goossens -- cDNA-AFLP-based transcript profiling for genome-wide expression analysis of jasmonate-treated plants and plant cultures / Janine Colling ... [et al.] -- Analysis of RNA-seq data with TopHat and cufflinks for genome-wide expression analysis of jasmonate-treated plants and plant cultures / Jacob Pollier, Stephane Rombauts, and Alain Goossens -- Transcriptome coexpression analysis using ATTED-II for integrated transcriptomic/metabolomic analysis / Keiko Yonekura-Sakakibara and Kazuki Saito -- Guide to CORNET for the construction of coexpression and protein-protein interaction networks / Stefanie De Bodt and Dirk Inzé.
- Kainate receptors novel signaling insights 2011Springer"This volume critically examines the functional actions of the kainate type glutamate receptors (KARs). Following on from the larger body of work on the NMDA and AMPA-type ionotropic glutamate receptors (GluRs), studies with KARs have consistently thrown up exceptions to general rules about synaptic modulation. Contributors herein provide an insight to the idiosyncracies that now almost typify the KAR field. The fascinating insights provided in this volume serve to encourage searching mechanistic questions"--Provided by publisher.
- Laboratory methods in enzymology cell, lipid and carbohydrate 2013ScienceDirectSection I. Cell protocols : basic microbiological techniques. Pouring agar plates and streaking or spreading to isolate individual colonies / Elizabeth Eyler ; Storage of bacteria and yeast / Cheryl M. Koh -- Section II. Cell protocols : cellular fractionation. Cellular fractionation : mammalian cells / Joerg von Hagen and Uwe Michelsen ; Cellular fractionation : yeast cells / Joerg von Hagen and Uwe Michelsen -- Section III. Cell protocols : Knock-outs and gene replacements. Yeast-gene replacement using PCR products / Megan Bergkessel, Christine Guthrie, and John Abelson ; Measuring RNAi knockdown using qPCR / Stuart Milstein, Michael Nguyen, Rachel Meyers, and Antonin de Fougerolles ; Recombineering : using drug cassettes to knock out genes in vivo / James A. Sawitzke, Lynn C. Thomason, Mikhail Bubunenko, Xintian Li, Nina Costantino, and Donald L. Court ; Gene knockouts, in vivo site-directed mutagenesis and other modifications using the delitto perfetto system in Saccharomyces cerevisiae / Samantha Stuckey and Francesca Storici ; Gene targeting and site-specific recombination in mouse ES cells / Konstantinos Anastassiadis, Frank Schnütgen, Harald von Melchner, and A. Francis Stewart ; Recombineering : highly efficient in vivo genetic engineering using single-strand oligos / James A. Sawitzke, Lynn C. Thomason, Mikhail Bubunenko, Xintian Li, Nina Costantino, and Donald L. Court -- Section IV. Cell protocols : microbiological media. Growth media for E. coli / Juliane C. Lessard ; Saccharomyces cerevisiae growth media / Jessica S. Dymond --Section V. Cell protocols : preparation of slides for microscopy. Immunohistochemistry on freely floating fixed tissue sections / Julia Bachman ; Preparation of slides for microscopy from frozen tissue sections / Julia Bachman ; Preparation of formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue for immunohistochemistry / Kirstie Canene-Adams ; Preparation of cells for microscopy using cytospin / Cheryl M. Koh ; Preparation of cells for microscopy using chamber slides and coverslips / Cheryl M. Koh ; Preparation of cells for microscopy using 'cell blocks' / Cheryl M. Koh -- Section VI. Lipid and carbohydrate protocols. Enzymatic deglycosylation of glycoproteins / Min-Sung Kim and Dan Leahy -- Section VII. Lipid and carbohydrate protocol : making vesicles and micelles. Preparation of fatty acid or phospholipid vesicles by thin-film rehydration / Ting F. Zhu, Itay Budin, and Jack W. Szostak ; Vesicle extrusion through polycarbonate track-etched membranes using a hand-held mini-extruder / Ting F. Zhu, Itay Budin, and Jack W. Szostak ; Preparation of fatty acid micelles / Ting F. Zhu, Itay Budin, and Jack W. Szostak -- Section VIII. Other protocols. Reverse-phase HPLC analysis and purification of small molecules / Kirstie Canene-Adams ; Thin layer chromatography / Marina Santiago and Scott Strobel ; ATP and GTP hydrolysis assays (TLC) / Vaishnavi Rajagopal and Jon R. Lorsch.
- Laboratory methods in enzymology DNA. First edition [1st ed.] 2013ScienceDirectExplanatory chapter: PCR primer design / Rubén Álvarez-Fernández -- How plasmid preparation kits work / Laura Koontz -- Introducing exogenous DNA into cells / Laura Koontz -- Agarose gel electrophoresis / Laura Koontz -- Analysis of DNA by southern blotting / Gary Glenn and Lefkothea-Vasiliki Andreou -- Purification of DNA oligos by denaturing polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis (PAGE) / Sara Lopez-Gomollon and Francisco Esteban Nicolas -- Molecular cloning / Juliane C. Lessard -- Rapid creation of stable mammalian cell lines for regulated expression of proteins using the Gateway® recombination cloning technology and Flp-In T-REx® lines / Jessica Spitzer, Markus Landthaler, and Thomas Tuschl -- Restrictionless cloning / Mikkel A. Algire -- Isolation of plasmid DNA from bacteria / Lefkothea-Vasiliki Andreou -- Preparation of genomic DNA from bacteria / Lefkothea-Vasiliki Andreou -- Preparation of genomic DNA from Saccharomyces cerevisiae / Jessica S. Dymond -- Isolation of genomic DNA from mammalian cells / Cheryl M. Koh -- Sanger dideoxy sequencing of DNA / Sarah E. Walker and Jon Lorsch -- Preparation of fragment libraries for next-generation sequencing on the applied biosystems SOLiD platform / Srinivasan Yegnasubramanian -- Next generation sequencing / Srinivasan Yegnasubramanian -- Generating mammalian stable cell lines by electroporation / Patti A. Longo, Jennifer M. Kavran, Min-Sung Kim, and Daniel J. Leahy -- Transient mammalian cell transfection with polyethylenimine (PEI) / Patti A. Longo, Jennifer M. Kavran, Min-Sung Kim, and Daniel J. Leahy -- Site-directed mutagenesis / Julia Bachman -- PCR-based random mutagenesis / Jessica S. Dymond -- Megaprimer method for mutagenesis of DNA / Craig W. Vander Kooi -- Troubleshooting PCR / Kirstie Canene-Adams -- Quantitative PCR / Jessica S. Dymond -- General PCR / Kirstie Canene-Adams -- Colony PCR / Megan Bergkessel and Christine Guthrie -- Chemical transformation of yeast / Megan Bergkessel and Christine Guthrie -- Transformation of E. coli via electroporation / Juliane C. Lessard -- Transformation of chemically competent E. coli / Rachel Green and Elizabeth J. Rogers.
- Laboratory methods in enzymology RNA. First edition [1st ed.] 2013ScienceDirectComputational prediction of RNA secondary structure -- Reverse-transcription PCR (RT-PCR) -- Northern blotting -- Explanatory chapter: nuclease protection assays -- In vitro transcription from plasmid or PCR-amplified DNA -- Measurement of in vivo synthesis rates -- Method for measuring mRNA decay rate in saccharomyces cerevisiae -- Analysis of polysomes from bacteria -- Polysome profile analysis - yeast -- Polysome analysis of mammalian cells -- Polysome analysis for determining mRNA and ribosome association in saccharomyces cerevisiae -- Oligo(dT)-primed RT-PCR isolation of polyadenylated RNA degradation intermediates -- Circularized RT-PCR (cRT-PCR): analysis of the 5' ends, 3' ends, and poly(A) tails of RNA -- RNA radiolabeling -- Fluorescently labeling synthetic RNAs -- Analysis of RNA by analytical polyacrylamide gel -- RNA purification by preparative polyacrylamide gel -- Explanatory chapter: nucleic acid concentration determination -- RNA purification-precipitation methods -- Reverse transcriptase dideoxy sequencing of RNA -- RNA structure experimental analysis-chemical modification -- Structural analysis of RNA backbone using in-line probing.
- Laboratory Protocols in Fungal Biology presents the latest techniques in fungal biology. This book analyzes information derived through real experiments, and focuses on cutting edge techniques in the field. The book comprises 57 chapters contributed from internationally recognised scientists and researchers. Experts in the field have provided up-to-date protocols covering a range of frequently used methods in fungal biology. Almost all important methods available in the area of fungal biology viz. taxonomic keys in fungi; histopathological and microscopy techniques; proteomics methods; genomics methods; industrial applications and related techniques; and bioinformatics tools in fungi are covered and complied in one book. Chapters include introductions to their respective topics, list of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and notes on troubleshooting. Each chapter is self-contained and written in a style that enables the reader to progress from elementary concepts to advanced research techniques. Laboratory Protocols in Fungal Biology is a valuable tool for both beginner research workers and experienced professionals.
- Lateral gene transfer in evolution 2013Springer"Although the phenomenon of lateral gene transfer has been known since the 1940s, it was the genomics era that has really revealed the extent and many facets of this evolutionary/genetic phenomenon. Even in the early 2000s with but a handful of genomes available, it became clear that the nature of microorganisms is full of genetic exchange between lineages that are sometimes far apart. The years following this saw an explosion of genomic data, which shook the "tree of life" and also raised doubts about the most appropriate species concepts for prokaryotes. This book represents the manyfold contributions of LGT to the evolution of micro and, to an extent, macroorganisms by focusing on the areas where it has the largest impact: metabolic innovations and adaptations and speciation." Back cover.
- Lipid rafts 2007Springer ProtocolsOverview of membrane rafts / Thomas J. McIntosh -- Analysis of raft affinity of membrane proteins by detergent-insolubility / Deborah A. Brown -- Nondetergent isolation of rafts / Mehul B. Shah and Pravin B. Sehgal -- Detecting ordered domain formation (lipid rafts) in model membranes using tempo / Omar Bakht and Erwin London -- Using monomolecular films to characterize lipid lateral interactions / Rhoderick E. Brown and Howard L. Brockman -- Electro-formation and fluorescence microscopy of giant vesicles with coexisting liquid phases / Sarah L. Veatch -- Fluorescence correlation spectroscopy / Kristen Bacia and Petra Schwille -- Multiphoton laser-scanning microscopy and spatial analysis of dehydroergosterol distributions on plasma membrane of living cells / Avery L. McIntosh ... [et al.] -- NMR detection of lipid domains / Ivan V. Polozov and Klaus Gawrisch -- Lateral diffusion coefficients of raft lipids from pulsed field gradient NMR / Greger Orädd and Göran Lindblom -- Saturation-recovery electron paramagnetic resonance discrimination by oxygen transport (DOT) method for characterizing membrane domains / Witold K. Subczynski ... [et al.] -- Plasmon-waveguide resonance spectoscopy studies of lateral segregation in solid-supported proteolipid bilayers / Zdzislaw Salamon, Savitha Devanathan, and Gordon Tollin -- Fluorescence recovery after photobleaching studies of lipid rafts / Anne K. Kenworthy -- Single-molecule tracking / Marija Vrljic, Stefanie Y. Nishimura, and W.E. Moerner -- X-ray diffraction to determine the thickness of raft and nonraft bilayers / Thomas J. McIntosh -- Small-angle neutron scattering to detect rafts and lipid domains / Jeremy Pencer ... [et al.] -- Exploring membrane domains using native membrane sheets and transmission electron microscopy / Bridget S. Wilson ... [et al.] -- Atomic force microscopy of lipid domains in supported model membranes / Alan R. Burns -- Atomistic and coarse-grained computer simulations of raft-like lipid mixtures / Sagar A. Pandit and H. Larry Scott -- A microscopic model calculation of the phase diagram of ternary mixtures of cholesterol and saturated and unsaturated phospholipids / R. Elliott, I. Szleifer, and M. Schick.
- Liposome methods and protocols 2002Springer Protocols
- Low molecular weight proteome methods and protocols 2013Springer ProtocolsPart I. Low Molecular Weight Analysis Methods. Narrow-Range Peptide Isoelectric Focusing as Peptide Prefractionation Method Prior to Tandem Mass Spectrometry Analysis / Maria Pernemalm -- Analysis of Peptides by Denaturing Ultrafiltrationand LC-MALDI-TOF-MS / Yanming An and Radoslav Goldman -- Stable Isotope Labeling Methods in Protein Profiling / Johan Lengqvist and AnnSofi Sandberg -- Development of MRM-Based Assays for the Absolute Quantitation of Plasma Proteins / Michael A. Kuzyk, Carol E. Parker, Dominik Domanski, and Christoph H. Borchers -- Mass Spectrometric Profiling of Low-Molecular-Weight Proteins / Matthias Rainer, Constantin Sajdik, and Günther K. Bonn -- Developing an iMALDI Method / Brinda Shah, Jennifer D. Reid, Michael A. Kuzyk, Carol E. Parker, and Christoph H. Borchers -- Analysis of Neuropeptides by MALDI Imaging Mass Spectrometry / Anna Ljungdahl, Jörg Hanrieder, Jonas Bergquist, and Malin Andersson -- Highly Multiplexed Antibody Suspension Bead Arrays for Plasma Protein Profiling / Kimi Drobin, Peter Nilsson, and Jochen M. Schwenk -- Part II. Bioinformatics Of Proteomics Data. Protein Quantification by Peptide Quality Control (PQPQ) of Shotgun Proteomics Data / Jenny Forshed -- Part III Methods Applied In Clinical Research. Collection and Handling of Blood Specimens for Peptidomics / Harald Tammen and Rudiger Hess -- An Automated RP-SCX Solid-Phase Extraction Procedure for Urinary Peptidomics Biomarker Discovery Studies / Crina I.A. Balog, Rico Derks, Oleg A. Mayboroda, and André M. Deelder -- Application of Phage Display for Ligand Peptidomics to Identify Peptide Ligands Binding to AQP2-Expressing Membrane Fractions / Byung-Heon Lee and Tae-Hwan Kwon -- Protein Expression Profiling of Brain Tumor Tissue Using SELDI-MS / Carl Wibom -- Comprehensive Analysis of MHC Ligands in Clinical Material by Immunoaffinity-Mass Spectrometry / Kie Kasuga.
- Luminescence biotechnology instruments and applications 2002CRCnetBASE
- Machinery of life. 2nd ed. 2009SpringerIntroduction -- Molecular machines -- The processes of living -- Molecules in cells: Escherichia coli -- A human cell: The advantages of compartments -- The human body: The advantages of specialization -- Life and death -- Viruses -- You and your molecules.
- Macromolecular crystallography deciphering the structure, function and dynamics of biological molecules 2012Springer
- Macromolecular crystallography protocols v. 1-2, 2006.Springer Protocolsv. 2, 2006 Springer Protocolsv. 1. A Generic Method for the Production of Recombinant Proteins in Escherichia coli Using a Dual Hexahistidine-Maltose-Binding Protein Affinity Tag / Joseph E. Tropea ... [et al.] -- Cloning, Production, and Purification of Proteins for a Medium-Scale Structural Genomics Project / Sophie Quevillon-Cheruel ... [et al.] -- Baculoviral Expression of an Integral Membrane Protein for Structural Studies / Dean R. Madden and Markus Safferling -- Protein Engineering / Sonia, Longhi, Francois Ferron, and Marie-Pierre Egloff -- Production of Selenomethionyl Proteins in Prokaryotic and Eukaryotic Expression Systems / Sylvie Doublié -- How to Use Dynamic Light Scattering to Improve the Likelihood of Growing Macromolecular Crystals / Gloria E. O. Borgstahl -- Screening and Optimization Methods for Nonautomated Crystallization Laboratories / Terese Bergfors -- Improving Marginal Crystals / Charles W. Carter, Jr. and Madeleine Riès-Kautt -- Optimization Techniques for Automation and High Throughput / Naomi E. Chayen -- Three-Dimensional Crystallization of Membrane Proteins / James Féthière -- Crystallization of Protein-DNA Complexes / Thomas Hollis -- Preparation and Crystallization of RNA / Barbara L. Golden -- Crystallization of RNA-Protein Complexes / Eiji Obayashi ... [et al.] -- Index. v. 2. Cryocrystallography of Macromolecules: Practice and Optimization / Elspeth Garman and Robin L. Owen -- Determination of Reaction Intermediate Structures in Heme Proteins / Kelvin Chu -- Annealing Macromolecular Crystals / B. Lief Hanson and Gerard J. Bunick -- First Analysis of Macromolecular Crystals: Biochemistry and X-Ray Diffraction / David Jeruzalmi -- X-Ray Data Collection from Macromolecular Crystals / Elspeth Garman and Robert M. Sweet -- Characterizing a Crystal from an Initial Native Dataset / Michael R. Sawaya -- Molecular Replacement / Eric A. Toth -- Phase Determination using Halide Ions / Miroslawa Dauter and Zbigniew Dauter -- The Same But Different: Isomorphous Methods for Phasing and High-Throughput Ligand Screening / Mark A. Rould -- Substructure Determination in Multiwavelength Anomalous Diffraction, Single Anomalous Diffraction, and Single Isomorphous Replacement with Anomalous Scattering Data Using Shake-and-Bake / G. David Smith, Christopher T. Lemke, and P. Lynne Howell -- Substructure Determination in Isomorphous Replacement and Anomalous Diffraction Experiments / Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve and Thomas R. Schneider -- Automated Structure Solution with autoSHARP / Clemens Vonrhein, Eric Blanc, Pietro Roversi, and Gérard Bricogne -- Introduction to Macromolecular Refinement / Dale E. Tronrud -- Quality Control and Validation / Gerard J. Kleywegt -- Crystallographic Software: A Sustainable Resource for the Community / Stephen J. Everse and Sylvie Doublié -- Index. v. 1. Preparation and crystallization of macromolecules -- v. 2. Structure determination.
- Mechanically gated channels and their regulation 2009SpringerThe volume dwells on the major issues of mechanical stress influencing the ion channels and intracellular signaling pathways. This book is a unique collection of reviews outlining current knowledge and future developments in this rapidly growing field. In our opinion the book presents not only the latest achievements in the field but also brings the problem closer to the experts in related medical and biological sciences as well as practicing doctors. Knowledge of the mechanisms which underlie these processes is necessary for understanding of the normal functioning of different living organs and tissues and allows to predict changes, which arise due to alterations of their environment, and possibly will allow to develop new methods of artificial intervention. We also hope that presenting the problem will attract more attention to it both from researchers and practitioners and will assist to efficiently introduce it into the practical medicine.
- Mechanosensitivity and mechanotransduction 2011Springer
- Mechanosensitivity in cells and tissues v. 1-, 2008-Springer
- Medical physiology a cellular and molecular approach. Updated second edition [updated 2nd ed.] 2012ClinicalKeyMedical Physiology, in its updated 2nd edition, firmly relates molecular and cellular biology to the study of human physiology and disease. Drs. Walter Boron and Emile Boulpaep and a team of leading physiologists present practical, accurate coverage emphasizing the clinical implications of the material. Each chapter explains the principles and organization of each body system, while more than 1400 high-quality, full-color line drawings and prominently featured clinical examples clarify every concept. This exceptionally detailed and comprehensive guide to physiology is ideal for a rich, straightforward, state-of-the-art understanding of this essential subject.
- Membrane hydration -- the role of water in the structure and function of biological membranes 2015Springer1. Membrane hydration: a hint to a new model for biomembranes -- 2. Use of x-ray and neutron scattering methods with volume measurements to determine lipid bilayer structure and number of water molecules/lipid -- 3. Water and lipid bilayers -- 4. Hydration forces between lipid bilayers: a theoretical overview and a look on methods exploring dehydration -- 5. Monitoring membrane hydration with 2-(dimethylamino)-6-acylnaphtalenes fluorescent probes -- 6. Long-range lipid-water interaction as observed by ATR-FTIR spectroscopy -- 7. Hydration and nanoconfined water: insights from computer simulations -- 8. Aquaphotomics: near infrared spectoscopy and water states in biological systems -- 9. Hydration in lipid monolayers: correlation of water activity and surface pressure -- 10. Water at biological phase boundaries: its role in interfacial activation of enzymes and metabolic pathways -- 11. Anhydrobiosis: an unsolved problem with applications in human welfare -- Concluding remarks -- Index.
- Membrane protein protocols expression, purification, and characterization 2003Springer Protocols
- Membrane proteomics methods and protocols 2009Springer ProtocolsOnline tools for predicting integral membrane proteins / H. Bigelow and B. Rost -- In silico identification of novel G protein coupled receptors / M.N. Davies and D.R. Flower -- Transcriptome-based identification of candidate membrane proteins / E.J. Evans ... [et al.] -- Separation of thylakoid membrane proteins by sucrose gradient ultracentrifugation or blue native-SDS-PAGE two-dimensional electrophoresis / G.M. D'Amici, C.G. Huber and L. Zolla -- Extraction of yeast mitochondrial membrane proteins by solubilization and detergent/polymer aqueous two-phase partitioning / H. Everberg, N. Gustavsson and F. Tjerneld -- 16-BAC/SDS-PAGE analysis of membrane proteins of yeast mitochondria purified by free flow electrophoresis / R.J. Braun ... [et al.] -- Sequential detergent extraction prior to mass spectrometry analysis / F.M. McCarthy, A.M. Cooksey and S.C. Burgess -- Enrichment of brain plasma membranes by affinity two-phase partitioning / J. Schindler and H.G. Nothwang -- Protocol to enrich and analyze plasma membrane proteins / R.J. Wisniewski -- Proteomic analysis of the lymphocyte plasma membrane using cell surface biotinylation and solution-phase isoelectric focusing / M.J. Peirce, A.P. Cope and R. Wait -- Identification of target membrane proteins as detected by phage antibodies / C.A. Geuijen, A.Q. Bakker and J. de Kruif -- Membrane protease degradomics: proteomic identification and quantification of cell surface protease substrates / G.S. Butler ... [et al.] -- Purification of basolateral integral membrane proteins by cationic colloidal silica-based apical membrane subtraction / R.J. Goode and R.J. Simpson -- Moving closer to the lipid raft proteome using quantitative proteomics / L.J. Foster -- Use of sequential chemical extractions to purify nuclear membrane proteins for proteomics identification / N. Korfali ... [et al.] -- Isolation of extracellular membranous vesicles for proteomic analysis / R.A. Mathias ... [et al.] -- Enrichment of human platelet membranes for proteomic analysis / D.W. Greening ... [et al.] -- Detergents and chaotropes for protein solubilization before two-dimensional electrophoresis / T. Rabilloud -- Two-dimensional separation of membrane proteins by 16-BAC-SDS-PAGE / H.G. Nothwang and J. Schindler -- MudPIT analysis: application to human heart tissue / K.G. Kline and C.C. Wu -- Liquid chromatography MALDI MS/MS for membrane proteome analysis / N. Wang, J.B. Young and L. Li -- Cysteinyl-tagging of integral membrane proteins for proteomic analysis using liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry / S.K. Mitra and M.B. Goshe -- Quantitative proteomics analysis of pancreatic zymogen granule membrane proteins / X. Chen and P.C. Andrews.
- Membrane transporters methods and protocols 2003Springer Protocols
- Metagenomics of the human body 2011Springer1.The human genome, microbiomes, and disease -- 2. Host genotype and the effect on microbial communities -- 3. The human microbiome and host-pathogen interactions -- 4. The human virome -- 5. Selection and sequencing of strains as references for human microbiome studies -- 6. The human vaginal microbiome -- 7. The human lung microbiome -- 8. The human skin microbiome in health and skin diseases -- 9. The human oral microbiome -- 10. Retraction: the human and his microbiome risk factors for infections -- 11. Retraction: infectogenomics: aspect of host responses to microbes in digestive tract -- 12. Autoimmune disease and human metagenome -- 13. Metagenomic applications and the potential for understanding chronic liver disease -- 14. Symbiotic gut microbiota and the modulation of human metabolic phenotypes -- 15. MetaHIT: the European Union project on metagenomics of the human intestinal tract -- 16. Implications of human microbiome research for the developing world -- Index.
- Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) protocols 2007Springer ProtocolsClinical, epidemiologic, and laboratory aspects of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) infections / Elizabeth Palavecino -- MRSA case studies / Kurt D. Reed, Mary E. Stemper, and Sanjay K. Shukla -- MIC analysis and susceptibility testing of MRSA / German Bou -- ITS-PCR identification of MRSA / Shin-ichi Fujita -- Pulsed-field gel electrophoresis of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus / Kurt D. Reed, Mary E. Stemper, and Sanjay K. Shukla -- Multilocus sequence typing (MLST) of Staphylococcus aureus / Nicholas A. Saunders and Anne Holmes -- Staphylococcal cassette chromosome mec (SCCmec) analysis of MRSA / Teruyo Ito, Kyoko Kuwahara, and Keiichi Hiramatsu -- Targeted gene disruption for the analysis of virulence of Staphylococcus aureus / J. Ross Fitzgerald -- Molecular analysis of staphylococcal superantigens / Patrick M. Schlievert and Laura C. Case -- Investigation of biofilm formation in clinical isolates of Staphylococcus aureus / James E. Cassat, Chia Y. Lee, and Mark S. Smeltzer -- Comparative analysis of staphylococcal adhesion and internalization by epithelial cells / Xudong Liang and Yinduo Ji -- Comparative analysis of MRSA / Fumihiko Takeuchi, Tadashi Baba, and Keiichi Hiramatsu -- Genomic analysis of gene expression of Staphylococcus aureus / Chuanxin Yu ... [et al.] -- Proteomic approach to investigate methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus / Patrice Francois ... [et al.] -- Environmental surveillance for methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus / J. Scott Weese -- The control and prevention of MRSA infections / Liangsu Wang and John F. Barrett -- Treatment of infections due to resistant Staphylococcus aureus / Gregory M. Anstead, Gabriel Quinones-Nazario, and James S. Lewis II.
- Methods for analysis of Golgi complex function 2013ScienceDirect
- Methods in membrane lipids 2007Springer Protocols
- Methods in molecular biology (Humana Press) v. 1-, 1984-Springer Protocols
- Methods in molecular medicine v. 1-, 1996-Springer Protocols
- Methods in systems biology. 1st ed. 2011ScienceDirect
- Methods of microarray data analysis v. 4-5, 2005-07.Springerv. 5 (2007) Springer
- MICADNCBI BookshelfThis searchable database is a collection of in vivo molecular imaging agents developed for positron emission tomography (PET), single photon emission computed tomography (SPECT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasound (US), computed tomography (CT), and optical imaging. MICAD, a key component of the "Molecular Libraries and Imaging" program of the NIH Roadmap, is being developed by NCBI, the National Center for Biotechnology Information".
- DNA microarray technology. Introduction / J.R. Pollack -- Comparative genomic hybridization on BAC arrays / B.P. Coe ... [et al.] -- Comparative genomic hybridization on spotted oligonucleotide microarrays / Y.H. Kim and J.R. Pollack -- Comparative genomic hybridization by representational oligonucleotide microarray analysis / R. Lucito and J. Byrnes -- Application of oligonucleotides arrays for coincident comparative genomic hybridization, ploidy status and loss of heterozygosity studies in human cancers / J.K. Cowell and K.C. Lo -- Molecular inversion probe assay for allelic quantitation / H. Ji and K. Welch -- A whole-genome amplification protocol for a wide variety of DNAs, including those from formalin-fixed and paraffin-embedded tissue / P.L. Paris -- Algorithms for calling gains and losses in array CGH data / P. Wang -- Methylation analysis by microarray / D.E. Deatherage ... [et al.] -- Methylation analysis by DNA immunoprecipitation (MeDIP) / E.A. Vucic ... [et al.] -- Combining chromatin immunoprecipitation and oligonucleotide tiling arrays (ChIP-Chip) for functional genomic studies / J. Eeckhoute, M. Lupien and M. Brown -- ChIP-Chip: algorithms for calling binding sites / X.S. Liu and C.A. Meyer -- Mapping regulatory elements by DNaseI hypersensitivity chip (DNase-Chip) / Y. Shibata and G.E. Crawford -- Microarray analysis of DNA replication timing / N. Karnani, C.M. Taylor and A. Dutta -- Integration of diverse microarray data types / K. Salari and J.R. Pollack.
- Microarray technology has made strong progress over the past decade, and there have also been significant changes in application areas, from nucleic acids to proteomics and from research to clinical applications. This book provides a comprehensive overview of microarrays in diagnostics and biomarker development, covering DNA, peptide, protein and tissue arrays. The focus is on entities that are in actual clinical use, or quite close, and on recent developments, such as peptide and aptamer arrays. A further topic is the miniaturisation towards nanoarrays, which is expected to have great potential in clinical applications. Relevant issues of bioinformatics and statistical analysis of array data are discussed in detail, as well as the barriers to the commercialisation of array-based tests and the vexing IP issues involved. Thus, the book should be very useful tor active array users as well as to newcomers seeking to make the best choice between different technologies.
- Microbial biochemistry. 2nd ed. 2011SpringerBacterial growth -- The outer membrane of gram-negative bacteria and the cytoplasmic membrane -- Peptidoglycan synthesis and cell division -- Cellular permeability -- Allosteric enzymes -- Glycolysis, gluconeogenesis and glycogen synthesis -- The pentose phosphate and Entner-Doudoroff pathways -- The tricarboxylic acid cycle and the glyoxylate bypass -- ATP-generating processes : respiration and fermentation -- Biosynthesis of lipids -- Iron-sulfur proteins -- The archaea -- Methanogens and methylotrophs -- Enzyme induction in catabolic systems -- Transcription : RNA polymerase -- Negative regulation -- Enzyme repression in anabolic pathways -- Positive regulation -- The ribosomes -- The genetic code, the transfer RNAs and the aminoacyl-tRNA-synthetases -- Attenuation -- Riboswitches -- The biological fixation of nitrogen -- How biosynthetic pathways have been established -- The aspartic acid family of amino acids : biosynthesis -- Regulation of the biosynthesis of the amino acids of the aspartic acid family in Enterobacteriaceae -- Other patterns of regulation of the synthesis of amino acids of the aspartate family -- Biosynthesis of the amino acids of the glutamic acid family and its regulation -- Biosynthesis of amino acids derived from phosphoglyceric acid and pyruvic acid -- Selenocysteine and selenoproteins -- Biosynthesis of aromatic amino acids and its regulation -- The biosynthesis of histidine and its regulation -- The biosynthesis of nucleotides -- The biosynthesis of deoxyribonucleotides -- Biosynthesis of some water-soluble vitamins and of their coenzyme forms -- Biosynthesis of carotene, vitamin A, sterols, ubiquinones and menaquinones -- Biosynthesis of the tetrapyrrole ring system -- Biosynthesis of cobalamins including vitamin B12 -- Interactions between proteins and DNA -- Evolution of biosynthetic pathways.
- "Discover important lessons learned about whole organism biology via microbial proteomics This text provides an exhaustive analysis and presentation of current research in the field of microbial proteomics, with an emphasis on new developments and applications and future directions in research. The editors and authors show how and why the relative simplicity of microbes has made them attractive targets for extensive experimental manipulation in a quest for both improved disease prevention and treatment and an improved understanding of whole organism functional biology. In particular, the text demonstrates how microbial proteomic analyses can aid in drug discovery, including identification of new targets, novel diagnostic markers, and lead optimization. Each chapter is written by one or more leading experts in the field and carefully edited to ensure a consistent and thorough approach throughout. Methods, technologies, and tools associated with the most promising approaches are stressed."--Publisher's website.
- MicroRNA protocols 2006Springer Protocols
- Microsatellites methods and protocols 2013Springer ProtocolsMicrosatellites or simple sequence repeats (SSRs) have become the markers of choice for a variety of molecular studies because of their versatility, operational flexibility, and lower cost than other marker systems. Microsatellites: Methods and Protocols brings together experts in the field to cover this significant area of research. Broken in to four convenient parts, this volume delves into classical and modern methods for the discovery and development of microsatellite markers, descriptions of amplification and visualization of SSRs, automated capillary sequencers that are widely used for fragment analysis, as well as a variety of methods for the analysis of data obtained by the use of microsatellites. Written for the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Authoritative and invaluable, Microsatellites: Methods and Protocols aims at researchers that need detailed protocols for incorporating microsatellite markers into their projects and expert scientists looking to expand their knowledge of SSRs discovery, use, and analysis.
View by page
- ABCs of gene cloning. 2nd ed. — Evolution of the genome (100)
- Exocytosis and endocytosis — Microsatellites methods and protocols (100)
- Mitochondrial DNA methods and protocols — Protein misfolding, aggregation, and conformational diseases. Part B, Molecular mechanisms of conformational diseases (100)
- Protein phosphatase protocols. [2nd ed.?] — Yeast protocols. 2nd ed. (69)
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Access restricted to Stanford community
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
Can't find it?
Look if we have it in print
- Springer Protocols
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
A repository of medical knowledge from internal medicine, cardiology, genetics, pharmacy, diagnosis and management, basic sciences, patient care, and more. Continuously expanding, all databases in the repository contain the latest editions of selected medical titles.MicroMedex: Premier pharmaceutical information source containing multiple databases and drug reference tools. Of particular value is DRUGDEX Evaluations, one of the most comprehensive drug sources available.DynaMed is a clinical information resource used by physicians to answer clinical questions quickly and easily at the point of care. Topics are updated daily as new evidence becomes available. Scopus is the largest abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature: scientific journals, books and conference proceedings.A drug information resource containing: American Hospital Formulary System (AHFS), drug formulary for Lucile Packard Children's Hospital (LPCH) and Stanford Hospital & Clinics (SHC), Lexi-Drugs (adverse reactions, dosage and administration, mechanism of action, storage, use, and administration information), Lexi-Calc, Lexi-ID, Lexi-I.V. Compatibility (King Guide), Lexi-Interact, and Lexi-PALS.Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature (CINAHL) contains coverage of nursing and allied health literature.A knowledge database that provides access to topic reviews based on over 6000 clinically relevant articles. The evidence-based content, updated regularly, provides the latest practice guidelines in 59 medical specialtiesProvides critical assessments of systematic reviews compiled from a variety of medical journals.Selects from the biomedical literature original studies and systematic reviews that are immediately clinically relevant and then summarizes these articles in an enhanced abstract with expert commentary.Multidisciplinary coverage of over 10,000 high-impact journals in the sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities, as well as international proceedings coverage for over 120,000 conferences. Includes cited reference searching, citation maps, and an analyze tool.Features systematic reviews that summarize the effects of interventions and makes a determination whether the intervention is efficacious or not. Cochrane reviews are created through a strict process of compiling and analyzing data from multiple randomized control trials to ensure comprehensiveness and reliability.Provides systematic coverage of the psychological literature from the 1800s to the present through articles, book chapters and dissertations.BMJ Clinical Evidence. A clinical information tool built around systematic reviews summarizing the current state of knowledge about prevention and treatment of clinical conditions.PIER (Physicians' Information and Education Resource) is a Web-based decision-support tool designed for rapid point-of-care delivery of up-to-date, evidence-based guidance for primary care physicians.Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials (CENTRAL) provides access to 300,000 controlled trials that have been identified the Cochrane Collaboration.Provides drug information targeted for patients.A continually updating drug monograph.The National Guideline Clearinghouse (NGC): A comprehensive database of evidence-based clinical practice guidelines and related documents.MedlinePlus: A repository of health information from the National Library of Medicine. Links are from trusted sites. No advertising, no endorsement of commercial companies or productsLPCH CareNotes via MicroMedex: Patient education handouts customized by LPCH clinical staffMicromedex Lab Advisor: Evidence based laboratory test informationA drug database organized by generic name, trade name and drug class.LPCH / Stanford Hospital Formulary.A goldmine of trusted consumer health information from the world's largest medical library.A trusted source of expert advice for and about kids, providing the information necessary to help patients and parents understand their unique needs.Provides patient handouts from the American Academy of Family Physician.Access to the Stanford Health Library for patients.Lane provides access to over 5,000 eBooks many of which provide helpful background material that will prepare you to better tackle primary literature.Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.A collection of biomedical books that can be searched directly by concept, and linked to terms in PubMed abstracts.A web-based, decision support system for infectious diseases, epidemiology, microbiology and antimicrobial chemotherapy. The database, updated weekly, currently includes 337 diseases, 224 countries, 1,147 microbial taxa and 306 antibacterial (-fungal, -parasitic, -viral) agents and vaccines. Over 10,000 notes outline the status of specific infections within each country.
Large number of high quality software and database programming titles from O'Reilly. Other software titles are also available from Sams and Prentice Hall. Limited to 7 concurrent users.Vast collection of software and database programming titles from multiple publishers, including Microsoft Press.Largest provider of engineering-related eBooks; includes titles in computer science and biomedical engineering.Over 4,000 full-text e-books covering scientific and technical information from CRC Press and others. Many handbooks and single volume reference sources.Includes peer-reviewed life science and biomedical research protocols compiled from Methods in Molecular Biology, Methods in Molecular Medicine, Methods in Biotechnology, Methods in Pharmacology and Toxicology, Neuromethods, the Biomethods Handbook, the Proteomics Handbook, and Springer Laboratory Manuals.Contains full text access to selected biomedical and nursing books.Provides online, full-text access to Springer's journal titles as well as journals from other publishers. Subjects include: life sciences, chemical sciences, environmental sciences, geosciences, computer science, mathematics, medicine, physics and astronomy, engineering and economics. Also includes eBooks.Collection of over 8 thousand fulltext titles in engineering, math, and basic and applied biomedical research. Coverage is from 1967 to the present.A library of ebooks on a wide array of topics, digitized and made available online in conjunction with the original publishers.