Books by Subject
- ABCs of gene cloning. 2nd ed. ..........
- — Gene biotechnology. 2nd ed. ............
- Gene therapy protocols. 3rd ed. ........
- — Molecular modeling and simulation. [R...
- Molecular paradigms of infectious dis...
- — WormBook ...............................
- Xenopus protocols ......................
- — Yeast protocols. 2nd ed. ...............
- Gene therapy protocols. 3rd ed. v. 1-, 2008-, Springer Protocolsv. 1. Production and in vivo applications of gene transfer vectors. Preparation and quantification of pseudotyped retroviral vector / Hong Yu and Young Jik Kwon. Production of retroviral vectors for clinical use / Kenneth Cornetta, Lilith Reeves, and Scott Cross. Methods for the production of helper-dependent adenoviral vectors / Donna J. Palmer and Philip Ng. Methods for the production of first generation adenoviral vectors / Donna J. Palmer and Philip Ng. Large-scale production of recombinant adeno-associated viral vectors / Alejandro Negrete and Robert M. Kotin. Construction and production of recombinant herpes simplex virus vectors / William F. Goins ... [et al.] Plasmid-based gene transfer in mouse skeletal muscle by electroporation / Jonathan D. Schertzer and Goron S. Lynch. Chitosan nanoparticle-mediated gene transfer / Dongwon Lee and Shyam S. Mohapatra. PEG-PEI copolymers for oligonucleotide delivery to cells and tissues / Gordon J. Lutz, Shashank R. Sirsi, and Jason H. Williams. Non-viral gene delivery with cationic liposome-DNA complexes / Kai K. Ewert ... [et al.] Applications of lentiviral vectors in noninvasive molecular imaging / Abhijit De ... [et al.] Retroviral modification of mesenchymal stem cells for gene therapy of hemophilia A / Christopher B. Doering. Transduction of murine hematopoietic stem cells and in vivo selection of gene-modified cells / Lucienne M. Ide, Elisabeth Javazon, and H. Trent Spencer. Assessment of CFTR function after gene transfer in vitro and in vivo / Uta Griesenbach ... [et al.] Oncolytic adenoviruses for cancer gene therapy / Ta-Chiang Liu, Stephen H. Thorne, and David H. Kirn. Design of trans-splicing adeno-associated viral vectors for Duchenne muscular dystrophy gene therapy / Yi Lai ... [et al.] Prevention of type 1 diabetes in NOD mice by genetic engineering of hematopoietic stem cells / Jessamyn Bagley, Charoui Tian, and John Iacomini. Lentiviral vector delivery of siRNA and shRNA encoding genes into cultured and primary hematopoietic cells / Mingjie Li and John J. Rossi. Nanoparticle-mediated gene delivery to the lung / Rajagopal Ramesh. Retroviral-mediated gene therapy for the differentiation of primary cells into a mineralizing osteoblastic phenotype / Jennifer E. Phillips and Andrés J. García. In vivo siRNA delivery to the mouse hypothalamus shows a role of the co-chaperone XAP2 in regulating TRH transcription / Stéphanie Decherf, Zahra Hassani, and Barbara A. Demeneix. Efficient retroviral gene transfer to epidermal stem cells / Pedro Lei and Stelios T. Andreadis.
- Gene transfer vectors for clinical application. 1st ed. 2012, ScienceDirectGeneral principles of retrovirus vector design / Tammy Chang and Jiing-Kuan Yee -- Strategies for retrovirus-based correction of severe, combined immunodeficiency (SCID) / Alain Fischer, Salima Hacein-Bey-Abina, and Marina Cavazzana-Calvo -- Retrovirus and lentivirus vector design and methods of cell conditioning / Samantha Cooray, Steven J. Howe, and Adrian J. Thrasher -- Analysis of the clonal repertoire of gene-corrected cells in gene therapy / Anna Paruzynski ... [et al.] -- Developing novel lentiviral vectors into clinical products / Anna Leath and Kenneth Cornetta -- Lentivirus vectors in [beta]-thalassemia / Emmanuel Payen ... [et al.] -- Gene therapy for chronic granulomatous disease / Elizabeth M. Kang and Harry L. Malech -- Alternative splicing caused by lentiviral integration in the human genome / Arianna Moiani and Fulvio Mavilio -- Genotoxicity assay for gene therapy vectors in tumor prone mice / Eugenio Montini and Daniela Cesana -- Lentiviral hematopoietic cell gene therapy for X-linked adrenoleukodystrophy / Nathalie Cartier ... [et al.] -- Retroviral replicating vectors in cancer / Christopher R. Logg ... [et al.] -- Adeno-associated virus vectorology, manufacturing, and clinical applications / Joshua C. Grieger and R. Jude Samulski -- Gene delivery to the retina : from mouse to man / Jean Bennett, Daniel C. Chung, and Albert Maguire -- Generation of hairpin-based RNAi vectors for biological and therapeutic application / Ryan L. Boudreau and Beverly L. Davidson -- Recombinant adeno-associated viral vector reference standards / Philippe Moullier and Richard O. Snyder -- NIH oversight of human gene transfer research involving retroviral, lentiviral, and adeno-associated virus vectors and the role of the NIH Recombinant DNA Advisory Committee / Marina O'Reilly ... [et al.] -- Regulatory structures for gene therapy medicinal products in the European Union / Bettina Klug ... [et al.].
- Genetics and molecular biology of neural tumors 2008, Springer
- Genome integrity 2007, SpringerFrom microorganisms to humans, this volume provides an interdisciplinary overview of how genome integrity is maintained. It begins with DNA replication and continues with replicative DNA repair and pleiotropic protein interactions. It also reviews the cellular responses to radiation and genotoxic stress affecting whole genomes.
- Genomes. 2nd ed. 2002, NCBI Bookshelf
- Genomics protocols. 2nd ed. 2008, Springer ProtocolsProtein profiling based on two-dimensional difference gel electrophoresis / Gert Van den Bergh and Lutgarde Arckens -- Quantitative protein profiling by mass spectrometry using isotope-coded affinity tags / Arsalan S. Haqqani, John F. Kelly, and Danica B. Stanimirovic -- Quantitative protein profiling by mass spectrometry using label-free proteomics / Arsala S. Haqqani, John F. Kelly, and Danica B. Stanimirovic -- Using 2D-LC-MS/MS to identify Francisella tularensis peptides in extracts from an infected mouse macrophage cell line / John F. Kelly and Wen Ding -- Baculovirus expression vector system : an emerging host for high-throughput eukaryotic protein expression / Binesh Shrestha, Carol Smee, and Opher Gileadi -- Coimmunoprecipitation and proteomic analyses / S. Fabio Falsone, Bernd Gesslbauer, and Andreas J. Kungl -- Tandem affinity purification combined with mass spectrometry to identify components of protein complexes / Peter Kaiser ... [et al.] -- Mammalian two-hybrid assay for detecting protein-protein interactioins in vivo / Runtao He and Xuguang Li -- Detection of protein-protein interactions in live cells and animals with split firefly luciferase protein fragment complementation / Victor Villalobos, Snehal Naik, and David Piwnica-Worms -- Subcellular localization of intracellular human proteins by construction of tagged fusion proteins and transient expression in COS-7 cells / John E. Collins -- GeneFAS : a tool for the prediction of gene function using multiple sources of data / Trupti Joshi ... [et al.] --Comparative genomics-based prediction of protein function / Toni Gabaldón -- Design, manufacture, and assay of the efficacy of siRNAs for gene silencing / Louise A. Dawson and Badar A. Usmani.Whole genome amplification with Phi29 DNA polymerase to enable genetic or genomic analysis of samples of low DNA yield / Kaisa Silander and Janna Saarela -- Scanning for DNA variants by denaturant capillary electrophoresis / Per O. Ekstrøm -- Identification of SNPs, or mutations in sequence chromatograms / Nicole Draper -- BeadArray-based genotyping / Helen Butler and Jiannis Ragoussis -- Microsattelite-based candidate gene linkage analysis studies / Cathryn Mellersh -- Full complexity genomic hybridization on 60-mer oligonucleotide microarrays for array comparative genomic hybridization (aCGH) / Alexei Protopopov, Bin Feng, and Lynda Chin -- Detection of copy number changes at multiple loci in DNA prepared from formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissue by multiplex ligation -dependent probe amplification / Minoru Takata -- Application of microarrays for DNA methylation profiling / Axel Schumacher, Andreas Weinhäusl, and Arturas Petronis -- Genomewide identification of protein binding locations using chromatin immunoprecipitation coupled with microarray / Byung-Kwan Cho, Eric M. Knight, and Bernhard Ø. Palsson -- Transcriptional profiling of small samples in the central nervous system / Stephen D. Ginsberg -- Quantitative expression profiling of RNA from formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissues using randomly assembled bead arrays / Marina Bibikova ... [et al.] -- Expression profiling of microRNAs in cancer cells : technical considerations / Mouldy Sioud and Lina Cekaite -- Identification of disease biomarkers by profiling of serum proteins using SELDI-TOF mass spectrometry / Sigrun Langbein -- The applicability of a cluster of differentiation monoclonal antibody microarray to the diagnosis of human disease / Peter Ellmark ... [et al.] --
- Germ cell development in C. elegans 2013, Springer
- Glioma signaling 2013, Springer
- Glycobiology protocols 2006, Springer ProtocolsGene expression analysis of glycosylation-related genes by real-time polymerase chain reaction / Juan J. Garcia-Vallejo ... [et al.] -- Analysis of the glycodynamics of primary osteoblasts and bone cancer cells / Inka Brockhausen-Schutzbach, Xiaojing Yang, and Mark Harrison -- Micromethods for the characterization of lipid a core and o-antigen lipopolysaccharide / Cristina L. Marolda ... [et al.] -- Assays for a galactosyltransferase involved in the assembly of the O7 antigen repeat unit of escherichia coli / Inka Brockhausen-Schutzbach ... [et al.] -- High-throughput quantitation of metabolically labeled anionic glycoconjugates by scintillation proximity assay utilizing binding to cationic dyes / Karen J. Rees-Milton and Tassos P. Anastassiades -- Quantitative analysis of mucins in mucosal secretions using indirect ELISA / Pablo Argueso and Ilene K. Gipson -- Molecular dissection of the mouse zona pellucida: an electron microscopic perspective utilizing high-resolution colloidal-gold labeling methods / Frederick W. K. Kan -- Soluble adamantly glycosphingolipid analogs as probes of glycosphingolipid function / Clifford Lingwood ... [et al.] -- Diagnosis of Krabbe disease by use of a natural substrate / John W. Callahan and Marie-Anne Skomorowski -- In vitro assays of the functions of calnexin and calreticulin, lectin-chaperones of the endoplasmic reticulum / Breanna S. Ireland, Monika Niggemann, and David B. Williams -- Quantitative measurement of selectin-ligand interactions: assays to identify a sweet pill in a library of carbohydrates / Mark E. Beauharnois, Sriram Neelamegham, and Khushi L. Matta -- Sialic acid-binding specificities of siglecs / Nadine Bock and Soerge Kelm.The application of fluorophore-assisted carbohydrate -- Electrophoresis for the study of the dolichol pyrophosphate-linked oligosaccharides pathway in cell cultures and animal tissues / Ningguo Gao -- Partial purification of mannosylphosphorylundecaprenol synthase from micrococcus luteus: a useful enzyme for the biosynthesis of a variety of mannosylphosphorylpolyisoprenol products / Jeffrey S. Rush and Charles J. Waechter -- Assay of dolichyl-phospho-mannose synthase reconstituted in a lipid matrix / John S. Schutzbach -- O-mannosylation in mammalian cells / Tamao Endo and Hiroshi Manya -- Methods for analysis of unusual forms of o-glycosylation / Aleksandra Nita-Lazar and Robert S. Haltiwanger -- Structural analysis of naturally occurring sialic acids / Johannis P. Kamerling and Gerrit J. Gerwig -- Non-radioactive trans-sialidase screening assay / Silke Schrader and Roland Schauer -- Structural determination of o-glycans by tandem mass spectrometry / Catherine Robbe, Jean-Claude Michalski, and Calliope Capon -- Detailed structural analysis of n-glycans released from glycoproteins in SDS-page gel bands using HPLC combined with exoglycosidase array digestions / Louise Royle ... [et al.] -- Molecular modeling of glycosyltransferases / Anne Imberty ... [et al.] -- Galactoside_2,6-sialyltransferase (st6gal.i) and the sialyl_2,6-galactosyl-linkage in tissues and cell lines / Fabio Dall'Olio, Nadia Malagolini, and Mariella Chiricolo -- Visualizing intracellular distribution and activity of core 2 _(1,6)n-acetylglucosaminyltransferase-I (C2GNT-I) in living cells / Maelle Prorok-Hamon, Sylvie Mathieu, and Assou El-Battari --
- Green fluorescent protein 2002, Springer Protocols
- GTPases regulating membrane dynamics 2005, ScienceDirect
- GTPases regulating membrane targeting and fusion 2005, ScienceDirect
- Guide to yeast genetics. 2nd ed. 2010, ScienceDirect
- Guidelines for molecular analysis in archive tissues 2011, Springer
- Handbook of biochemistry and molecular biology. 4th ed. 2010, CRCnetBASE"Offering a molecular perspective not available 20 years ago, [this edition] provides physical and chemical data on proteins, nucleic acids, lipids, and carbohydrates. Presented in an organized, concise, and simple-to-use format, this popular reference allows quick access to the most frequently used data. Covering a wide range of topics, from classical biochemistry to proteomics and genomics, it also details the properties of commonly used biochemicals, laboratory solvents, and reagents." --excerpts from book jacket.
- Handbook of computational molecular biology 2006, CRCnetBASE
- "Reflecting the milestones in the field that have occurred since the publication of the first edition, this book provides an updated tool kit that incorporates conventional as well as modern approaches to tackling biological and medicinal research in the post genomic era. The authors have evaluated, revised, and sometimes replaced all protocols with more efficient, reliable, or simpler ones. The book is also completely reorganized and covers topics of modern "omics" approaches, including genomics, proteomics, and metabolomics. This is followed coverage of the Manipulation of Biological Systems, including RNAi, and the use of microscopy"--Provided by publisher.
- Handbook of neurochemistry and molecular neurobiology. Neural signaling mechanisms. 3rd ed. 2009, Springer
- Alterations of Neurotransmitter Receptors in Schizophrenia: Evidence from Postmortem Studies / L. V. Kristiansen, R. M. Cowell, M. Biscaia, R. E. McCullumsmith and J. H. Meador-Woodruff -- An Overview and Current Perspective on Family Studies of Schizophrenia / L. E. DeLisi -- Auditory Cortex Anatomy and Asymmetry in Schizophrenia / J. F. Smiley -- Cholinergic Mechanisms in Schizophrenia / T. J. Raedler and R. Freedman -- Cortical Dopamine in Schizophrenia / A. Abi-Dargham -- Dysbindin-1 and Its Protein Family With Special Attention to the Potential Role of Dysbindin-1 in Neuronal Functions and the Pathophysiology of Schizophrenia / K. Talbot, W.- Y. Ong, D. J. Blake, J. Tang and N. Louneva, et al. -- Early-Stage Visual Processing Deficits in Schizophrenia / P. D. Butler -- Event-Related Potentials (ERPs) in the Study of Schizophrenia: How Preclinical ERP Studies have Contributed to our Understanding of Schizophrenia / J. M. Phillips, C. R. Maxwell, R. S. Ehrlichman and S. J. Siegel -- G72/G30 in Neuropsychiatric Disorders / J. Shi, L. Cheng, E. S. Gershon and C. Liu -- Glutamatergic Approaches to the Conceptualization and Treatment of Schizophrenia / J. Kantrowitz and D. C. Javitt -- Hippocampus / S. Heckers -- Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy / P. Milev, S. Miranowski and K. O. Lim -- Neuregulin 1 and Schizophrenia / Y.-J. J. Chen, L. W. Role and D. A. Talmage -- Redox Dysregulation in Schizophrenia: Genetic Susceptibility and Pathophysiological Mechanisms / K. Q. Do, P. Bovet, J. H. Cabungcal, P. Conus and R. Gysin, et al. -- Synaptic Vesicle Associated Proteins and Schizophrenia / H. T. Kao and B. Porton -- The Neurobiology of Negative Symptoms and the Deficit Syndrome / B. A. Fischer, B. Kirkpatrick and W. T. Carpenter -- The Role of Prefrontal Abnormalities in Schizophrenia / M. J. Hoptman and K. A. Nolan.
- Harper's Illustrated biochemistry 2012 (29th ed.)., AccessMedicine
- Hematopoietic stem cell protocols. 2nd ed. 2008, Springer ProtocolsThe expanding tool kit for hematopoietic stem cell research / William Tse and Kevin D. Bunting -- Isolation of quiescent murine hematopoietic stem cells by homing properties / Tarja A. Juopperi and Saul J. Sharkis -- Mobilization of hematopoietic stem and progenitor cells in mice / Simon N. Robinson and Ronald P. van Os -- Transmigration of human CD34⁺ cells / Seiji Fukuda and Louis M. Pelus -- Flow cytometry-based cell cycle measurement of mouse hematopoietic stem and progenitor cells / Hongmei Shen, Matthew Boyer, and Tao Cheng -- Analysis of apoptosis in hematopoietic stem cells by flow cytometry / William G. Kerr -- In vitro hematopoietic differentiation of murine embryonic stem cells / Jinhua Shen and Cheng-Kui Qu -- Hematopoietic development of human embryonic stem cells in culture / Xinghui Tian and Dan S. Kaufman -- In vitro human T cell development directed by notch-ligand interactions / Génève Awong, Ross N. La Motte-Mohs, and Juan Carlos Zuñiga-Pflücker -- In vitro assays for cobblestone area-forming cells, LTC-IC, and CFU-C / Ronald P. van Os, Bertien Dethmers-Ausema, and Gerald de Haan -- Hematopoietic stem cell transplant in mice by intra-femoral injection / Yuxia Zhan and Yi Zhao -- Hematopoietic stem cell transplant into non-myeloblated W/Wv mice to detect steady-state engraftment defects / Zhengqi Wang and Kevin D. Bunting -- Isolation and functional characterization of side population stem cells / Jonathan B. Johnnidis and Fernando D. Camargo --Transplantation of chimeric fetal liver to study hematopoiesis / Sigrid Eckardt and K. John McLaughlin -- Immunodeficient mouse models to study human stem cell-mediated tissue repair / Ping Zhou ... [et al.] -- Retroviral transduction of murine hematopoietic stem cells / Peter Haviernik, Yi Zhang, and Kevin D. Bunting -- Lentiviral gene transduction of mouse and human stem cells / Zhaohui Ye, Xiaobing Yu, and Linzhao Cheng -- Retroviral integration site analysis in hematopoietic stem cells / Olga S. Kustikova, Christopher Baum, and Boris Fehse -- A detailed protocol for bacterial artificial chromosome recombineering to study essential genes in stem cells / Andriy Tsyrulnyk and Richard Moriggl -- Bioluminescence imaging of hematopoietic stem cell repopulation in murine models / Yuan Lin ... [et al.]
- Hepatocytes 2010, Springer Protocols1. General review on in vitro hepatocyte models and their applications / Christiane Guguen-Guillouzo and Andre Guillouzo -- 2. Human foetal hepatocytes / Anne Weber ... [et al.] -- 3. Isolation and culture of primary hepatocytes from resected human liver tissue / Edward L. LeCluyse and Eliane Alexandre -- 4. Optimisation of the cryopreservation of primary hepatocytes / Nicola J. Hewitt -- 5. Cryopreservation of human hepatocytes for clinical use / Ragai R. Mitry, Sharon C. Lehec, and Robin D. Hughes -- 6. Hepatocyte differentiation / Katy M. Olsavsky Goyak, Elizabeth M. Laurenzana, and Curtis J. Omiecinski -- 7. Reversible manipulation of apoptosis sensitivity in cultured hepatocytes by matrix-mediated manipulation of signaling activities / Patricio Godoy ... [et al.] -- 8. Markers and signaling factors for stem cell differentiation to hepatocytes / Frédéric Lemaigre -- 9. Hepatic stem cells / Robert E. Schwartz and Catherine Verfaillie -- 10. Hepatic stem cells and liver development / Nalu Navarro-Alvarez, Alejandro Soto-Gutierrez, and Naoya Kobayashi -- 11. Generation of hepatocytes from human embryonic stem cells / Neta Lavon -- 12. Isolation and culture of adult human liver progenitor cells / Sabine Gerbal-Chaloin ... [et al.] -- 13. The HepaRG cell line / Marie-Jeanne Marion, Olivier Hantz, and David Durantel -- 14. Transdifferentiation of pancreatic cells to hepatocytes / Chia-Ning Shen and David Tosh -- 15. Evaluation of drug metabolism, drug-drug interactions and in vitro hepatotoxicity with cryopreserved human hepatocytes / Albert P. Li -- 16. The use of human hepatocytes to investigate drug metabolism and CYP enzyme induction / Sylvie Klieber ... [et al.] -- 17. The use of hepatocytes to investigate UDP-glucuronosyltransferases and sulfotransferases / Sylvie Fournel-Gigleux ... [et al.] -- 18. The use of hepatocytes to investigate drug uptake transporters / Kazuya Maeda and Yuichi Sugiyama -- 19. Metabonomic studies on human hepatocyte in primary culture / Vincent Croizmarie ... [et al.] -- 20. The application of HepRG cells in evaluation of cytochrome P450 induction properties of drug compounds / Tommy B. Andersson -- 21. The use of hepatocytes to investigate drug toxicity / María José Gómez-Lechón, José V. Castell, Maria Teresa Donato -- 22. The use of human hepatocytes to investigate bile acid synthesis / Ewa C.S. Ellis and Lisa-Mari Nilsson -- 23. The use of human hepatocytes to investigate blood coagulation factor / Christine Biron-Andréani ... [et al.] -- 24. Use of human hepatocytes to investigate HCV infection / Lydiane Pichard-Garcia ... [et al.] -- 25. The use of hepatocytes to investigate HDV infection / Camille Sureau -- 26. Rodent models of liver repopulation / Helène Gilgenkrantz -- 27. Chimeric mice with humanized liver / Stephen C. Strom, Julio Davila, and Markus Grompe -- 28. Bioartificial liver support systems / Gesine Pless -- 29. Human hepatocyte transplantation / Anil Dhawan ... [et al.].
- Hormone assays in biological fluids 2006, Springer ProtocolsImmunoassay techniques / Michael J. Wheeler -- High-performance liquid chromatography for hormone assay / John W. Honour -- Gas chromatography-mass spectrometry / John W. Honour -- An introduction to PCR techniques / Gill Rumsby -- Methods for the investigation of thyroid function / Christine R. Squire -- Assays for LH, FSH, and prolactin / Michael J. Wheeler -- Adrenocorticotropic hormone and related peptides / Les A. Perry -- Measurement of glucocorticoids in biological fluids / Geoff Holder -- Urinary steroid profiling / Norman F. Taylor -- Measurement of aldosterone in blood / Marion L. Cawood -- Measurement of plasma renin activity / Marion L. Cawood -- Measurement of androgens / Michael J. Wheeler -- Measurement of gut hormones in plasma / Shahred Taheri, Mohammed Ghatei, and Steve Bloom -- Measurement of melatonin and 6-sulphatoxymelatonin / Benita Middleton.
- Hormone receptors in breast cancer 2009, Springer
- HPLC of biological macromolecules. 2nd ed., rev. and expanded. 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Imaging and spectroscopic analysis of living cells. Imaging live cells in health and disease. 1st ed. 2012, ScienceDirectSection 1. Viruses, microbes, and parasites. Microbial cells analysis by atomic force microscopy / David Alsteens ; Understanding parasite transmission through imaging approaches / Mirko Singer and Freddy Frischknecht ; Multiphoton microscopy applied for real-time intravital imaging of bacterial infections in vivo / Ferdinand X. Choong ... [et al.] ; Analysis of virus entry and cellular membrane dynamics by single particle tracking / Helge Ewers and Mario Schelhaas ; Imaging of live malaria blood stage parasites / Christof Grüring and Tobias Spielmann ; Escherichia coli K1 invasion of human brain microvascular endothelial cells / Lip Nam Loh and Theresa H. Ward -- Section 2. Disease states. Real-time imaging after cerebral ischemia : model systems for visualization of inflammation and neuronal repair / Pierre Cordeau and Jasna Kriz ; In vivo real-time visualization of leukocytes and intracellular hydrogen peroxide levels during a zebrafish acute inflammation assay / Luke Pase, Cameron J. Nowell, and Graham J. Lieschke ; Imaging protein oligomerization in neurodegeneration using bimolecular fluorescence complementation / Federico Herrera, Susana Gonçalves, and Tiago Fleming Outeiro ; 3D/4D functional imaging of tumor-associated proteolysis : impact of microenvironment / Kamiar Moin ... [et al.] -- Section 3. Other techniques. Live cell imaging in live animals with fluorescent proteins / Robert M. Hoffman ; Protein activation dynamics in cells and tumor micro arrays assessed by time resolved Förster resonance energy transfer / Véronique Calleja, Pierre Leboucher, Banafshe ́Larijani ; Imaging stem cell differentiation for cell-based tissue repair / Zhenghong Lee ... [et al.] ; Understanding the initiation of B cell signaling through live cell imaging / Angel M. Davey ... [et al.] ; A quantitative method for measuring phototoxicity of a live cell imaging microscope / Jean-Yves Tinevez ... [et al.] ; High content screening of defined chemical libraries using normal and glioma-derived neural stem cell lines / Davide Danovi ... [et al.] ; High-throughput screening in primary neurons / Punita Sharma ... [et al.] ; Live imaging fluorescent proteins in early mouse embryos / Panagiotis Xenopoulos, Sonja Nowotschin, and Anna-Katerina Hadjantonakis ; Methods for three-dimensional analysis of dendritic spine dynamics / Enni Bertling ... [et al.] ; Imaging cell competition in Drosophila imaginal discs / Shizue Ohsawa ... [et al.] ; Live cell imaging of the oviduct / Sabine Kölle -- Computational quantification of fluorescent leukocyte numbers in zebrafish embryos / Felix Ellett and Graham J. Lieschke -- Four-dimensional tracking of lymphocyte migration and interactions in lymph nodes by two-photon microscopy / Masahiro Kitano and Takaharu Okada.
- Imaging of nucleic acids and quantitation in photonic microscopy 2001, CRCnetBASE
- In situ hybridization in electron microscopy 2001, CRCnetBASE
- In situ hybridization protocols. 3rd ed. 2005, Springer ProtocolsIn situ hybridization using riboprobes on free-floating brain sections / Neil C. Owens, F. Martin Hess, and Emilio Badoer -- An in situ hybridization technique to detect low-abundance slug mRNA in adherent cultured cells / Changsun Choi ... [et al.] -- Identification of transplanted human cells in animal tissues / Daniel Benten, Kang Cheng, and Sanjeev Gupta -- In situ hybridization to plant tissues and chromosomes / Andreas Houben, Sharon J. Orford, and Jeremy N. Timmis -- Histochemical localization of cell proliferation using in situ hybridization for histone mRNA / Tim D. Hewitson, Kristen J. Kelynack, and Ian A. Darby -- Histochemical localization of apoptosis with in situ labeling of fragmented DNA / Tim D. Hewitson, Teresa Bisucci, and Ian A. Darby --Nonradioactive in situ hybridization on frozen sections and whole mounts / Julia Asp, Alexandra Abramsson, and Christer Betsholtz -- In situ hybridization of whole mount embryos / Murray Hargrave, Josephine Bowles, and Peter Koopman -- In situ detection of Epstein-Barr virus and phenotype determination of EBV-infected cells / Gerald Niedobitek and Hermann Herbst -- PNA- situ hybridization method for detection of HIV-1 DNA in virus-infected cells and subsequent detection of cellular and viral proteins / Tomoko Hagiwara, Junko Hattori, and Tsuguhiro Kaneda -- Electron microscopy and in situ hybridization: expression of P2Y2 receptor mRNA in the cerebellum / Andrzej Loesch and Rainer Glass --The use of combined immunohistochemical labeling and in situ hybridization to colocalize mRNA and protein in tissue sections / Malcolm D. Smith, Michael Ahern, and Mark Coleman -- Semiquantitative in situ hybridization using radioactive probes to study gene expression in motoneuron populations / Paul D. Storer and Tracey DeLucia -- Quantitative in situ hybridization of tissue microarrays / Adrian M. Jubb ... [et al.].Treatment of tissue sections for in situ hybridization / Gregory H. Tesch, Hui Y. Lan, and David J. Nikolic-Paterson -- Preparation of template DNA and labeling techniques / Peter J. Roche -- In situ hybridization using cRNA probes: isotopic and nonisotopic detection methods / Ian A. Darby ... [et al.] -- Tyramide signal amplification for DNA and mRNA in situ hybridization / Ernst J.M. Speel, Anton H.N. Hopman, and Paul Komminoth -- Expression analysis of murine genes using in situ hybridization with radioactive and nonradioactively labeled RNA probes / Anne Chotteau-Lelièvre, Pascal Dollé, and Françoise Gofflot --
- In vitro transcription and translation protocols. 2nd ed. 2007, Springer ProtocolsEnergy systems for ATP regeneration in cell-free protein synthesis reactions / Kara A. Calhoun and James R. Swartz -- Continuous-exchange protein-synthesizing systems / Vladimir A. Shirokov ... [et al.] -- Cell-free production of integral membrane proteins on a preparative scale / Christian Klammt ... [et al.] -- SIMPLEX : a novel method for high-throughput construction and screening of protein libraries / Suang Rungpragayphan, Tsuneo Yamane, and Hideo Nakano -- Methods for high-throughput materialization of genetic information based on the wheat germ cell-free expression system / Tatsuya Sawasaki ... [et al.] -- Exogenous protein expression in Xenopus oocytes : basic procedures / Elena Bossi ... [et al.] -- In vitro translation to study HIV protease activity / Zene Matsuda ... [et al.] --The protein truncation test in mutation detection and molecular diagnosis / Oliver Hauss and Oliver Muller -- Creation of novel enantioselective lipases by SIMPLEX / Yuichi Koga, Tsuneo Yamane, and Hideo Nakano -- In vitro transcription and translation coupled with two-dimensional electrophoresis for bacterial proteome analysis / Nathalie Norais ... [et al.] -- In vitro screen of bioinformatically selected Bacillus anthracis vaccine candidates by coupled transcription, translation, and immunoprecipitation analysis / Orit Gat, Haim Grosfeld, and Avigdor Shafferman -- Functional expression of Type 1 rat GABA transporter in microinjected Xenopus laevis oocytes / Stefano Giovannardi ... [et al.] -- Production of protein for nuclear magnetic resonance study using the wheat germ cell-free system / Toshiyuki Kohno and Yaeta Endo.
- Inositol phosphates and lipids 2009, Springer ProtocolsThe role of inositol and the principles of labelling, extraction, and analysis of inositides in mammalian cells / Christopher J. Barker and Per-Olof Berggren -- HPLC separation of inositol polyphosphates / Christopher J. Barker, Christopher Illies, and Per-Olof Berggren -- Molecular manipulation and analysis of inositol phosphate and pyrophosphate levels in mammalian cells / James C. Otto and John D. York -- A femtomole-sensitivity mass assay for inositol hexakisphosphate / Andrew J. Letcher, Michael J. Schell, and Robin F. Irvine -- Synthesis of InsP₇ by the inositol hexakisphosphate kinase 1 (IP6K1) / Cristina Azevedo ... [et al.] -- Protein pyrophosphorylation by diphosphoinositol pentakisphosphate (InsP₇) / J. Kent Werner Jr., Traci Speed, and Rashna Bhandari -- Synthesis and nonradioactive micro-analysis of diphosphoinositol phosphates by HPLC with postcolumn complexometry / Hongying Lin, Karsten Lindner, and Georg W. Mayr -- Diphosphosinositol polyphosphates and energy metabolism : assay for ATP/ADP ratio / Andreas Nagel ... [et al.] -- Isolation of inositol 1,4,5-triphosphate receptor-associating proteins and selective knockdown using RNA interference / Akihiro Mizutani ... [et al.] -- Phosphoinositide-specific phospholipase C [beta]1 signal transduction in the nucleus / Roberta Fiume ... [et al.] -- Methods to assess changes in the pattern of nuclear phosphoinositides / Nullin Divecha -- Measurement of phosphoinositide 3-kinase products in cultured mammalian cells by HPLC / Frank T. Cooke -- Phosphoinositide analysis by liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry / Trevor R. Pettitt -- Imaging phosphoinositide dynamics in living cells / Anne Wuttke, Olof Idevall-Hagren, and Anders Tengholm.
- Integrative plant biochemistry. 1st ed. 2006, ScienceDirectTerpene indole alkaloid biosynthesis /Sarah E. O'Connor, Elizabeth McCoy --Pathways to diverse ergot alkaloid profiles in fungi /Daniel G. Panaccione, Christopher L. Schardl, Christine M. Coyle --Compartmentalization of plant secondary metabolism /Nailish Samanani, Peter J. Facchini --Comparative genomics of the shikimate pathways in Arabidopsis, Populus trichocarpa and Oryza sativa : shikimate pathway gene family structure and identification of candidates for missing links in pehnylalanine biosynthesis /Björn Hamberger ... [et al.] --Tomato glandular trichomes as a model system for exploring evolution of specialized metabolism in a single cell /Eyal Fridman ... [et al.] --Anacardic acid biosynthesis and bioactivity /David J. Schultz, Nalinie S. Wickramasinghe, Carolyn M. Klinge --Molecular and biochemical investigations of sorgoleone biosynthesis /Daniel Cook ... [et al.] --Biosynthesis of terpenophenolic metabolites in hop and cannabis /Jonathan E. Page, Jana Nagel --Engineering pathway enzymes to understand the function and evolution of sterol structure and activity /Pruthvi Jayasimha ... [et al.] --Methylation and demethylation of plant signaling molecules /Yue Yang ... [et al.] --Recent advances in auxin biosynthesis and conjugation /Amber Kei Bowers, Yunde Zhao --Auxin biology and biosynthesis /Jessica Calio, Yuen Yee Tam, Jennifer Normanly --Translational opportunities in plant biochemistry /Cecilia A. McIntosh.
- Integrins and ion channels 2010, SpringerIntegrin structure and functional relation with ion channels / Annarosa Arcangeli and Andrea Becchetti -- Introduction to ion channels / Chiara Di Resta and Andrea Becchetti -- Biochemical methods to study the interactions between integrins and ion channels / Olivia Crociani -- Optical methods in the study of protein : protein interactions / Alessio Masi ... [et al.] -- Integrins and signal transduction / -- Sara Cabodi ... [et al.] -- Physical and functional interaction between integrins and herg1 channels in cancer cells / Serena Pillozzi and Annarosa Arcangeli -- Coordinated regulation of vascular Ca2+ and K+ channels by integrin signaling / Peichun Gui ... [et al.] -- Adhesion : dependent modulation of macrophage K+ channels / Margaret Colden-Stanfield -- Integrin receptors and ligand : gated channels / Raffaella Morini and Andrea Becchetti -- Integrins and ion channels in cell migration : implications for neuronal development, wound healing and metastatic spread / Andrea Becchetti and Annarosa Arcangeli.
- Introduction to molecular biophysics 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Ion channels 2006, Springer ProtocolsA simple in-vivo method for assessing changes of membrane bound ion channel density in xenopus oocytes / Mouhamed S. Awayda ... [et al.] -- Preparation of cortical brain slices for electrophysiological recording / Costa M. Colbert -- Juxtacellular labeling and chemical phenotyping of extracellulary recorded neurons in vivo / Glenn M. Toney and Lynette C. Daws -- Carbon fiber amperometry in the study of ion channels and secretion / Duk-Su Koh -- Genetic screening for functionality of bacterial potassium channel mutants using K+ update-deficient escherichia coli / Lyubov V. Parfenova and Brad S. Rothberg -- KCNQ1 K channel-mediated cardiac channelopathies / Gildas Loussouarn, Isabelle Baro, and Denis Escade -- Tissue-specific transgenic and knockout mice / Andrée Porret ... [et al.].Functional reconstitution of the human epithelial Na+ channel in a mammalian expression system / Alexander Staruschenko ... [et al.] -- Overexpression of proteins in neurons using replication-deficient virus / Richard M. Ahlquist and Jane M. Sullivan -- Exogenous expression of proteins in neurons using the biolistic particle delivery system / Nikita Gamper and Mark S. Shapiro --Tertiary and quaternary structure formation of voltage-gated potassium channels / John M. Robinson, Andrey Kosolapov, and Carol Deutsch -- Biophysical approach to determine the subunit stoichiometry of the epithelial sodium channel using the xenopus laevis oocyte expression system / Farhad Kosari, Shaou Sheng, and Thomas R. Kleyman -- Spectroscopy-based quantitative fluorescence resonance energy transfer analysis / Jie Zheng -- Probing the effects of phosphoinositides on ion channels / Chou-Long Huang -- Epithelial sodium channel in planar lipid bilayers / Bakhrom K. Berdiev and Dale J. Benos --
- Kainate receptors 2011, Springer"This volume critically examines the functional actions of the kainate type glutamate receptors (KARs). Following on from the larger body of work on the NMDA and AMPA-type ionotropic glutamate receptors (GluRs), studies with KARs have consistently thrown up exceptions to general rules about synaptic modulation. Contributors herein provide an insight to the idiosyncracies that now almost typify the KAR field. The fascinating insights provided in this volume serve to encourage searching mechanistic questions"--Provided by publisher.
- Laboratory guide to the methods in biochemical genetics 2008, Springer
- Laboratory Methods in Enzymology 2013, ScienceDirectComputational prediction of RNA secondary structure -- Reverse-transcription PCR (RT-PCR) -- Northern blotting -- Explanatory chapter: nuclease protection assays -- In vitro transcription from plasmid or PCR-amplified DNA -- Measurement of in vivo synthesis rates -- Method for measuring mRNA decay rate in saccharomyces cerevisiae -- Analysis of polysomes from bacteria -- Polysome profile analysis - yeast -- Polysome analysis of mammalian cells -- Polysome analysis for determining mRNA and ribosome association in saccharomyces cerevisiae -- Oligo(dT)-primed RT-PCR isolation of polyadenylated RNA degradation intermediates -- Circularized RT-PCR (cRT-PCR): analysis of the 5' ends, 3' ends, and poly(A) tails of RNA -- RNA radiolabeling -- Fluorescently labeling synthetic RNAs -- Analysis of RNA by analytical polyacrylamide gel -- RNA purification by preparative polyacrylamide gel -- Explanatory chapter: nucleic acid concentration determination -- RNA purification-precipitation methods -- Reverse transcriptase dideoxy sequencing of RNA -- RNA structure experimental analysis-chemical modification -- Structural analysis of RNA backbone using in-line probing.
- Laboratory methods in enzymology 2013, ScienceDirect
- Laboratory methods in enzymology. First edition. 2013, ScienceDirect
- Laser capture microdissection 2004, Springer ProtocolsAn introduction to laser-based tissue microdissection techniques / Stephanie Curran and Graeme I. Murray -- Methacarn fixation for genomic DNA analysis in microdissected cells / Makoto Shibutani and Chikako Uneyama -- Multiplex quantitative real-time PCR of laser microdissected tissue / Patrick H. Rooney -- Comparative genomic hybridization using DNA from laser capture microdissected tissue / Grace Callagy, Lucy Jackson, and Carlos Caldas -- Detection of Ki-ras and p53 mutations by laser capture microdissection/PCR/SSCP / Deborah Dillon ... [et al.] -- Whole-genome allelotyping using laser microdissected tissue / Colleen M. Feltmate and Samuel C. Mok -- Microdissection for detecting genetic aberrations in early and advanced human urinary bladder cancer / Arndt Hartmann ... [et al.] -- Laser microdissection for microsatellite analysis in colon and breast cancer / Peter J. Wild ... [et al.] -- Assessment of RET/PTC oncogene activation in thyroid nodules utilizing laser microdissection followed by nested RT-PCR / Giovanni Tallini and Guilherme Brandao -- Combined laser-assisted microdissection and short tandem repeat analysis for detection of in situ microchimerism after solid organ transplantation / Ulrich Lehmann, Anne Versmold, and Hans Kreipe --Genetic analysis of HIV by in situ PCR-directed laser capture microscopy of infected cells / Daniele Marras -- Use of laser capture microdissection together with in situ hybridization and real-time PCR to study the distribution of latent herpes simplex virus genomes in mouse trigeminal ganglion / Xiao-Ping Chen, Marina Mata, and David J. Fink -- Laser capture microdissection and PCR for analysis of human papilloma virus infection / Kheng Chew ... [et al.] -- Laser capture microdissection of hepatic stages of the human parasite plasmodium falciparum for molecular analysis / Jean-Philippe Semblat ... [et al.].Laser-assisted microdissection of membrane-mounted tissue sections / Lise Mette Gjerdrum and Stephen Hamilton-Dutoit -- Laser-assisted microdissection of membrane-mounted sections following immunohistochemistry and in situ hybridization / Lise Mette Gjerdrum and Stephen Hamilton-Dutoit -- Laser-assisted cell microdissection using the PALM system / Patrick Micke ... [et al.] -- Laser microdissection and RNA analysis / Ludger Fink and Rainer Maria Bohle -- Gene expression profiling of primary tumor cell populations using laser capture microdissection, RNA transcript amplification, and GeneChip® microarrays / Veronica I. Luzzi, Victoria Holtschlag, and Mark A. Watson -- Quantification of gene expression in mouse and human renal proximal tubules / Jun-ya Kaimori, Masaru Takenaka, and Kousaku Okubo -- Laser capture microdissection for analysis of macrophage gene expression from atherosclerotic lesions / Eugene Trogan and Edward A. Fisher -- Analysis of pituitary cells by laser capture microdissection / Ricardo V. Lloyd, ... [et al.] -- Laser capture microdissection and colorectal cancer proteomics / Laura C. Lawrie and Stephanie Curran -- Proteomic analysis of human bladder tissue using SELDI® approach following microdissection techniques / Rene C. Krieg ... [et al.] --
- Lipid rafts 2007, Springer ProtocolsOverview of membrane rafts / Thomas J. McIntosh -- Analysis of raft affinity of membrane proteins by detergent-insolubility / Deborah A. Brown -- Nondetergent isolation of rafts / Mehul B. Shah and Pravin B. Sehgal -- Detecting ordered domain formation (lipid rafts) in model membranes using tempo / Omar Bakht and Erwin London -- Using monomolecular films to characterize lipid lateral interactions / Rhoderick E. Brown and Howard L. Brockman -- Electro-formation and fluorescence microscopy of giant vesicles with coexisting liquid phases / Sarah L. Veatch -- Fluorescence correlation spectroscopy / Kristen Bacia and Petra Schwille -- Multiphoton laser-scanning microscopy and spatial analysis of dehydroergosterol distributions on plasma membrane of living cells / Avery L. McIntosh ... [et al.] -- NMR detection of lipid domains / Ivan V. Polozov and Klaus Gawrisch -- Lateral diffusion coefficients of raft lipids from pulsed field gradient NMR / Greger Orädd and Göran Lindblom -- Saturation-recovery electron paramagnetic resonance discrimination by oxygen transport (DOT) method for characterizing membrane domains / Witold K. Subczynski ... [et al.] -- Plasmon-waveguide resonance spectoscopy studies of lateral segregation in solid-supported proteolipid bilayers / Zdzislaw Salamon, Savitha Devanathan, and Gordon Tollin -- Fluorescence recovery after photobleaching studies of lipid rafts / Anne K. Kenworthy -- Single-molecule tracking / Marija Vrljic, Stefanie Y. Nishimura, and W.E. Moerner -- X-ray diffraction to determine the thickness of raft and nonraft bilayers / Thomas J. McIntosh -- Small-angle neutron scattering to detect rafts and lipid domains / Jeremy Pencer ... [et al.] -- Exploring membrane domains using native membrane sheets and transmission electron microscopy / Bridget S. Wilson ... [et al.] -- Atomic force microscopy of lipid domains in supported model membranes / Alan R. Burns --Atomistic and coarse-grained computer simulations of raft-like lipid mixtures / Sagar A. Pandit and H. Larry Scott -- A microscopic model calculation of the phase diagram of ternary mixtures of cholesterol and saturated and unsaturated phospholipids / R. Elliott, I. Szleifer, and M. Schick.
- Liposome methods and protocols 2002, Springer Protocols
- Luminescence biotechnology 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Machinery of life. 2nd ed. 2009, SpringerIntroduction -- Molecular machines -- The processes of living -- Molecules in cells: Escherichia coli -- A human cell: The advantages of compartments -- The human body: The advantages of specialization -- Life and death -- Viruses -- You and your molecules.
- Macromolecular crystallography 2012, Springer
- Macromolecular crystallography protocols v. 1-2, 2006., Springer Protocolsv. 2, 2006 Springer Protocolsv. 1. A Generic Method for the Production of Recombinant Proteins in Escherichia coli Using a Dual Hexahistidine-Maltose-Binding Protein Affinity Tag / Joseph E. Tropea ... [et al.] -- Cloning, Production, and Purification of Proteins for a Medium-Scale Structural Genomics Project / Sophie Quevillon-Cheruel ... [et al.] -- Baculoviral Expression of an Integral Membrane Protein for Structural Studies / Dean R. Madden and Markus Safferling -- Protein Engineering / Sonia, Longhi, Francois Ferron, and Marie-Pierre Egloff -- Production of Selenomethionyl Proteins in Prokaryotic and Eukaryotic Expression Systems / Sylvie Doublié -- How to Use Dynamic Light Scattering to Improve the Likelihood of Growing Macromolecular Crystals / Gloria E. O. Borgstahl -- Screening and Optimization Methods for Nonautomated Crystallization Laboratories / Terese Bergfors -- Improving Marginal Crystals / Charles W. Carter, Jr. and Madeleine Riès-Kautt -- Optimization Techniques for Automation and High Throughput / Naomi E. Chayen -- Three-Dimensional Crystallization of Membrane Proteins / James Féthière -- Crystallization of Protein-DNA Complexes / Thomas Hollis -- Preparation and Crystallization of RNA / Barbara L. Golden -- Crystallization of RNA-Protein Complexes / Eiji Obayashi ... [et al.] -- Index.v. 2. Cryocrystallography of Macromolecules: Practice and Optimization / Elspeth Garman and Robin L. Owen -- Determination of Reaction Intermediate Structures in Heme Proteins / Kelvin Chu -- Annealing Macromolecular Crystals / B. Lief Hanson and Gerard J. Bunick -- First Analysis of Macromolecular Crystals: Biochemistry and X-Ray Diffraction / David Jeruzalmi -- X-Ray Data Collection from Macromolecular Crystals / Elspeth Garman and Robert M. Sweet -- Characterizing a Crystal from an Initial Native Dataset / Michael R. Sawaya -- Molecular Replacement / Eric A. Toth -- Phase Determination using Halide Ions / Miroslawa Dauter and Zbigniew Dauter -- The Same But Different: Isomorphous Methods for Phasing and High-Throughput Ligand Screening / Mark A. Rould -- Substructure Determination in Multiwavelength Anomalous Diffraction, Single Anomalous Diffraction, and Single Isomorphous Replacement with Anomalous Scattering Data Using Shake-and-Bake / G. David Smith, Christopher T. Lemke, and P. Lynne Howell -- Substructure Determination in Isomorphous Replacement and Anomalous Diffraction Experiments / Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve and Thomas R. Schneider -- Automated Structure Solution with autoSHARP / Clemens Vonrhein, Eric Blanc, Pietro Roversi, and Gérard Bricogne -- Introduction to Macromolecular Refinement / Dale E. Tronrud -- Quality Control and Validation / Gerard J. Kleywegt -- Crystallographic Software: A Sustainable Resource for the Community / Stephen J. Everse and Sylvie Doublié -- Index.v. 1. Preparation and crystallization of macromolecules -- v. 2. Structure determination.
- MAP kinase signaling protocols 2004, Springer Protocols
- Membrane protein protocols 2003, Springer Protocols
- Membrane proteomics 2009, Springer ProtocolsOnline tools for predicting integral membrane proteins / H. Bigelow and B. Rost -- In silico identification of novel G protein coupled receptors / M.N. Davies and D.R. Flower -- Transcriptome-based identification of candidate membrane proteins / E.J. Evans ... [et al.] -- Separation of thylakoid membrane proteins by sucrose gradient ultracentrifugation or blue native-SDS-PAGE two-dimensional electrophoresis / G.M. D'Amici, C.G. Huber and L. Zolla -- Extraction of yeast mitochondrial membrane proteins by solubilization and detergent/polymer aqueous two-phase partitioning / H. Everberg, N. Gustavsson and F. Tjerneld -- 16-BAC/SDS-PAGE analysis of membrane proteins of yeast mitochondria purified by free flow electrophoresis / R.J. Braun ... [et al.] -- Sequential detergent extraction prior to mass spectrometry analysis / F.M. McCarthy, A.M. Cooksey and S.C. Burgess -- Enrichment of brain plasma membranes by affinity two-phase partitioning / J. Schindler and H.G. Nothwang -- Protocol to enrich and analyze plasma membrane proteins / R.J. Wisniewski -- Proteomic analysis of the lymphocyte plasma membrane using cell surface biotinylation and solution-phase isoelectric focusing / M.J. Peirce, A.P. Cope and R. Wait -- Identification of target membrane proteins as detected by phage antibodies / C.A. Geuijen, A.Q. Bakker and J. de Kruif -- Membrane protease degradomics: proteomic identification and quantification of cell surface protease substrates / G.S. Butler ... [et al.] -- Purification of basolateral integral membrane proteins by cationic colloidal silica-based apical membrane subtraction / R.J. Goode and R.J. Simpson -- Moving closer to the lipid raft proteome using quantitative proteomics / L.J. Foster -- Use of sequential chemical extractions to purify nuclear membrane proteins for proteomics identification / N. Korfali ... [et al.] -- Isolation of extracellular membranous vesicles for proteomic analysis / R.A. Mathias ... [et al.] -- Enrichment of human platelet membranes for proteomic analysis / D.W. Greening ... [et al.] -- Detergents and chaotropes for protein solubilization before two-dimensional electrophoresis / T. Rabilloud -- Two-dimensional separation of membrane proteins by 16-BAC-SDS-PAGE / H.G. Nothwang and J. Schindler -- MudPIT analysis: application to human heart tissue / K.G. Kline and C.C. Wu -- Liquid chromatography MALDI MS/MS for membrane proteome analysis / N. Wang, J.B. Young and L. Li -- Cysteinyl-tagging of integral membrane proteins for proteomic analysis using liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry / S.K. Mitra and M.B. Goshe -- Quantitative proteomics analysis of pancreatic zymogen granule membrane proteins / X. Chen and P.C. Andrews.
- Membrane transporters 2003, Springer Protocols
- Metagenomics of the human body 2011, Springer
- Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) protocols 2007, Springer ProtocolsClinical, epidemiologic, and laboratory aspects of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) infections / Elizabeth Palavecino -- MRSA case studies / Kurt D. Reed, Mary E. Stemper, and Sanjay K. Shukla -- MIC analysis and susceptibility testing of MRSA / German Bou -- ITS-PCR identification of MRSA / Shin-ichi Fujita -- Pulsed-field gel electrophoresis of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus / Kurt D. Reed, Mary E. Stemper, and Sanjay K. Shukla -- Multilocus sequence typing (MLST) of Staphylococcus aureus / Nicholas A. Saunders and Anne Holmes -- Staphylococcal cassette chromosome mec (SCCmec) analysis of MRSA / Teruyo Ito, Kyoko Kuwahara, and Keiichi Hiramatsu -- Targeted gene disruption for the analysis of virulence of Staphylococcus aureus / J. Ross Fitzgerald --Molecular analysis of staphylococcal superantigens / Patrick M. Schlievert and Laura C. Case -- Investigation of biofilm formation in clinical isolates of Staphylococcus aureus / James E. Cassat, Chia Y. Lee, and Mark S. Smeltzer -- Comparative analysis of staphylococcal adhesion and internalization by epithelial cells / Xudong Liang and Yinduo Ji -- Comparative analysis of MRSA / Fumihiko Takeuchi, Tadashi Baba, and Keiichi Hiramatsu -- Genomic analysis of gene expression of Staphylococcus aureus / Chuanxin Yu ... [et al.] -- Proteomic approach to investigate methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus / Patrice Francois ... [et al.] -- Environmental surveillance for methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus / J. Scott Weese -- The control and prevention of MRSA infections / Liangsu Wang and John F. Barrett -- Treatment of infections due to resistant Staphylococcus aureus / Gregory M. Anstead, Gabriel Quinones-Nazario, and James S. Lewis II.
- Methods in membrane lipids 2007, Springer Protocols
- Methods in systems biology. 1st ed. 2011, ScienceDirect
- Methods of microarray data analysis v. 4-5, 2005-07., Springerv. 5 (2007) Springer
- MICAD NCBI BookshelfThis searchable database is a collection of in vivo molecular imaging agents developed for positron emission tomography (PET), single photon emission computed tomography (SPECT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasound (US), computed tomography (CT), and optical imaging. MICAD, a key component of the "Molecular Libraries and Imaging" program of the NIH Roadmap, is being developed by NCBI, the National Center for Biotechnology Information".
- Microarray analysis of the physical genome 2009, SpringerDNA microarray technology. Introduction / J.R. Pollack -- Comparative genomic hybridization on BAC arrays / B.P. Coe ... [et al.] -- Comparative genomic hybridization on spotted oligonucleotide microarrays / Y.H. Kim and J.R. Pollack -- Comparative genomic hybridization by representational oligonucleotide microarray analysis / R. Lucito and J. Byrnes -- Application of oligonucleotides arrays for coincident comparative genomic hybridization, ploidy status and loss of heterozygosity studies in human cancers / J.K. Cowell and K.C. Lo -- Molecular inversion probe assay for allelic quantitation / H. Ji and K. Welch -- A whole-genome amplification protocol for a wide variety of DNAs, including those from formalin-fixed and paraffin-embedded tissue / P.L. Paris -- Algorithms for calling gains and losses in array CGH data / P. Wang -- Methylation analysis by microarray / D.E. Deatherage ... [et al.] -- Methylation analysis by DNA immunoprecipitation (MeDIP) / E.A. Vucic ... [et al.] -- Combining chromatin immunoprecipitation and oligonucleotide tiling arrays (ChIP-Chip) for functional genomic studies / J. Eeckhoute, M. Lupien and M. Brown -- ChIP-Chip: algorithms for calling binding sites / X.S. Liu and C.A. Meyer -- Mapping regulatory elements by DNaseI hypersensitivity chip (DNase-Chip) / Y. Shibata and G.E. Crawford -- Microarray analysis of DNA replication timing / N. Karnani, C.M. Taylor and A. Dutta -- Integration of diverse microarray data types / K. Salari and J.R. Pollack.
- Microbial biochemistry. 2nd ed. 2011, SpringerBacterial growth -- The outer membrane of gram-negative bacteria and the cytoplasmic membrane -- Peptidoglycan synthesis and cell division -- Cellular permeability -- Allosteric enzymes -- Glycolysis, gluconeogenesis and glycogen synthesis -- The pentose phosphate and Entner-Doudoroff pathways -- The tricarboxylic acid cycle and the glyoxylate bypass -- ATP-generating processes : respiration and fermentation -- Biosynthesis of lipids -- Iron-sulfur proteins -- The archaea -- Methanogens and methylotrophs -- Enzyme induction in catabolic systems -- Transcription : RNA polymerase -- Negative regulation -- Enzyme repression in anabolic pathways -- Positive regulation -- The ribosomes -- The genetic code, the transfer RNAs and the aminoacyl-tRNA-synthetases -- Attenuation -- Riboswitches -- The biological fixation of nitrogen -- How biosynthetic pathways have been established -- The aspartic acid family of amino acids : biosynthesis -- Regulation of the biosynthesis of the amino acids of the aspartic acid family in Enterobacteriaceae -- Other patterns of regulation of the synthesis of amino acids of the aspartate family -- Biosynthesis of the amino acids of the glutamic acid family and its regulation -- Biosynthesis of amino acids derived from phosphoglyceric acid and pyruvic acid -- Selenocysteine and selenoproteins -- Biosynthesis of aromatic amino acids and its regulation -- The biosynthesis of histidine and its regulation -- The biosynthesis of nucleotides -- The biosynthesis of deoxyribonucleotides -- Biosynthesis of some water-soluble vitamins and of their coenzyme forms -- Biosynthesis of carotene, vitamin A, sterols, ubiquinones and menaquinones -- Biosynthesis of the tetrapyrrole ring system -- Biosynthesis of cobalamins including vitamin B12 -- Interactions between proteins and DNA -- Evolution of biosynthetic pathways.
- MicroRNA protocols 2006, Springer Protocols
- Mitochondrial DNA 2002, Springer Protocols
- Modern clinical molecular techniques 2012, SpringerPart 1.Current Molecular Laboratory Methods --Specimen Collection, Handling, and Processing /Lindsy Hengesbach and John A. Gerlach --DNA/RNA Isolation and Quantitation /Jing Wang --Test Validation /Cindy McCloskey and S. Terence Dunn --In Vitro Amplification Methods in Molecular Diagnostics /C. Alexander Valencia and Bradford Coffee --Whole Genome Sequencing in the Clinical Laboratory /Tina Hambuch, Brad Sickler, Arnold Liao, Suneer Jain and Philip D. Cotter --Estimation of Exon Dosage Using Real-Time Quantitative Polymerase Chain Reaction /Applications to Factor VIII Gene in Hemophilia A and Endoglin/ACVRL1 Genes in Hereditary Hemorrhagic Telangiectasia /Juliana Purrazzella and Arupa Ganguly --Reporting Clinical Molecular Genetic Laboratory Results /Victor Wei Zhang and Lora J. H. Bean --Part 2.Clinical Molecular Infectious Disease Testing --HIV-1 Genotyping and Virtual Phenotyping /Fangling Xu and Jianli Dong --COBAS® AmpliPrep/COBAS® TaqMan® HIV-1 Test, Version 2.0 /Tavat A. Buraruk and Charles E. Stager --Hepatitis C Virus (HCV) Genotype Assay (LiPA) /Charles E. Stager and Tavat A. Buraruk --COBAS® AmpliPrep/COBAS® TaqMan® HCV Test /Charles E. Stager and Tavat A. Buraruk --Epstein-Barr Virus and Cytomegalovirus Viral Load Monitoring by Quantitative Real-Time Polymerase Chain Reaction /Su S. Chen, Seema Hai, Margaret L. Gulley and Rajyalakshmi Luthra --Quantification of BK Viral Load /Hai Wu and Jianli Dong.Molecular Diagnosis and Epidemiology of Rabies /Rodney E. Rohde and Bonny C. Mayes --Pyrosequencing for Bacterial Identification /Laura Millecker and Ruth Ann Luna --Other Pathogens of Significant Public Health Concern /Chris L. McGowin, Rodney E. Rohde and Greg C. Whitlock --Part 3.Clinical Molecular Oncology Testing --Gene Rearrangements Testing /Siby Sebastian, Juan Du and Rizwan Naeem --Mutation Analysis in Cancer /Keyur Pravinchandra Patel, John Galbincea and Rajyalakshmi Luthra --Minimal Residual Disease /Wesley O. Greaves and Rajyalakshmi Luthra --Pyrosequencing in Cancer /Shalini Verma, Bedia A. Barkoh and Rajyalakshmi Luthra --Clinical Applications of Microarrays in Cancer /Marilyn M. Li, Ankita Patel and Xiaofeng Hu --Basic Theories and Clinical Applications of Molecular Flow Cytometry /Hua-Kang Wu, Hongli Chen and Peter C. Hu --Part 4.Clinical Molecular Pre/Postnatal Testing --Molecular Prenatal Diagnostic Testing /Joanna Wiszniewska and Christine M. Eng --PCR Based Diagnosis of Fragile X Syndrome /Daniel J. Dykas and Allen E. Bale --Part 5.Human Identity Testing --Microsatellite Testing Short Tandem Repeat Profile Generation /Robin DeVille Guidry and Laura Gahn --Parentage /Laura Gahn and Robin DeVille Guidry --Part 6.Clinical Molecular Training --Diagnostic Molecular Training /Peter C. Hu, Patrick Alan Lennon and Madhuri R. Hegde --Molecular Diagnostics Point of Care Testing Training /Chang W. Lee and Peter C. Hu.
- Modern molecular biology 2010, SpringerGenome-Scale Analysis of Data from High-Throughput Technologies / Sarah J. Wheelan -- Analysis of Inherited and Acquired Genetic Variation / Srinivasan Yegnasubramanian and William B. Isaacs -- Examining DNA-Protein Interactions with Genome-Wide Chromatin Immunoprecipitation Analysis / Esteban Ballestar and Manel Esteller -- Genome-Wide DNA Methylation Analysis in Cancer Research / Srinivasan Yegnasubramanian and William G. Nelson -- Use of Expression Microarrays in Cancer Research / Jun Luo and Yidong Chen -- Signal Sequencing for Gene Expression Profiling / Biaoyang Lin, Jeremy Wechsler and Leroy Hood -- Mass Spectrometry Based Proteomics in Cancer Research / Mohamad A. Abbani, Parag Mallick and Maryann S. Vogelsang -- Tissue Microarrays in Cancer Research / Toby C. Cornish and Angelo M. De Marzo.
- Molecular anatomy of cellular systems 2002, ScienceDirect
- Molecular and cellular MR imaging 2007, CRCnetBASEMethods for labeling non-phagocytic cells with MR contrast agents / Joseph A. Frank, Stasia A. Anderson, & Ali S. Arbab -- Cellular imaging of cell transplants / Michel Modo & Jeff W.M. Bulte -- Cellular and molecular imaging of the diabetic pancreas / Zdravka Medarova & Anna Moore -- Functional cellular imaging with manganese / Vincent van Meir & Annemie van der Linden -- Translating promising experimental approaches to clinical trials / Adrian D. Nunn -- An outlook on cellular and molecular MR imaging / Michel Modo & Jeff W.M. Bulte.What is molecular and cellular imaging? / Michel Modo & Jeff W.M. Bulte -- The physicochemical principles of MR contrast agents / Peter Caravan -- Paramagnetic contract agents / Silvio Aime ... [et al.] -- Superparamagnetic contrast agents / Claire Corot ... [et al.] -- Physical mechanism and applications of cest contrast agents / Mike McMahon ... [et al.] -- Paracest contrast agents / A. Dean Sherry & Mark Woods -- Genetic approaches for modulating MRI contrast / Eric Ahrens, Williams F. Goins, Clinton S. Robinson -- Molecular and functional mr imaging of cancer / Michael A. Jacobs ... [et al.] -- Molecular imaging of atherosclerosis with magnetic resonance / Karen C. Briley-Saebo ... [et al.] -- Molecular imaging of apoptosis / Mikko Kettunen & Kevin M. Brindle -- Molecular imaging of reporter genes / Keren Ziv ... [et al.] -- Pharmacological MRI as a molecular imaging technique / Y. Iris Chen & Bruce Jenkins -- Cellular imaging of the liver using contrast agents / N. Cem Balci & Sukru Mehmet Erturk -- Cellular imaging of macrophage activity in infection and inflammation / Martin Rausch ... [et al.] -- Cellular imaging of macrophage activity in stroke / Ralph Weber & Mathias Hoehn -- Magnetic resonance imaging in developmental biology / Cyrus Papan, J. Michael Tyszka, Russell E. Jacobs --
- Molecular aspects of the stress response 2007, SpringerProtein misassembly: macromolecular crowding and molecular chaperones / R. John Ellis -- The cellular "networking" of mammalian HSP27 and its functions in the control of protein folding, redox state and apoptosis / André-Patrick Arrigo -- Molecular interaction network of the HSP90 chaperone system / Rongmin Zhao and Walid A. Houry -- Organization of the functions and components of the endoplasmic reticulum / Yuichiro Shimizu and Linda M. Hendershot -- Molecular crime and cellular punishment: active detoxification of misfolded and aggregated proteins in the cell by the chaperone and protease networks / Marie-Pierre Hinault and Pierre Goloubinoff -- Chaperones as parts of cellular networks / Peter Csermely, Csaba Söti and Gregory L. Blatch -- Chaperones as parts of organelle networks / György Szabadkai and Rosario Rizzuto -- Heat shock factor 1 as a coordinator of stress and developmental pathways / Julius Anckar and Lea Sistonen -- Chaperone regulation of the heat shock protein response / Richard Voellmy and Frank Boellmann -- Mechanisms of activation and regulation of the heat shock-sensitive signaling pathways / Sébastien Ian Nadeau and Jacques Landry -- Membrane-regulated stress response: a theoretical and practical approach / László Vígh ... [et al.] -- Beyond the lipid hypothesis: mechanisms underlying phenotypic plasticity in inducible cold tolerance / Scott A.L. Hayward ... [et al.] -- Trehalose as a "chemical chaperone:" fact and fantasy / John H. Crowe -- Chaperones as part of immune networks / Zoltán Prohászka -- The stress of misfolded proteins: C. elegans models for neurodegenerative disease and aging / Heather R. Brignull, James F. Morley and Richard I. Morimoto -- HSP90 and developmental networks / Suzannah Rutherford, Jennifer R. Knapp and Peter Csermely.
- Molecular basis of multiple sclerosis 2010, Springer
- Molecular beacons, signalling nucleic acid probes, methods, and protocols 2008, Springer ProtocolsBasic principles of fluorescence and energy transfer / Larry E. Morrison -- Multiplex detection of mutations / David S. Perlin, Sergey Balashov, and Steven Park -- Detection of salmonella species in foodstuffs / Arvind A. Bhagwat ... [et al.] -- Identification of homozygous transgenic mice by genomic real-time PCR / Gunter Schmidtke and Marcus Groettrup -- Quantitative analysis of gene expression relative to 18S rRNA in carcinoma samples using the LightCycler instrument and a SYBR greenI-based assay : determining FAT10 mRNA levels in hepatocellular carcinoma / Sebastian Lukasiak ... [et al.] -- Absolute quantitation of feline leukemia virus proviral DNA and viral RNA loads by TaqMan real-time PCR and RT-PCR / Valentino Cattori and Regina Hofmann-Lehmann -- High-throughput real-time PCR / Thomas D. Schmittgen, Eun Joo Lee, and Jinmai Jiang -- Design and use of scorpions fluorescent signalling molecules / Rachael Carters ... [et al.] --Hybridization probe pairs and single-labeled probes : an alternative approach for genotyping and quantification / Thomas Froehlich and Oliver Geulen -- EasyBeacons for the detection of methylation status of single CpG duplets / Ulf B. Christensen -- Quenched autoligation probes / Adam P. Silverman, Hiroshi Abe, and Eric T. Kool -- HyBeacon probes for rapid DNA sequence detection and allele discrimination / David J. French ... [et al.] -- FIT-probes in real-time PCR / Elke Socher and Oliver Seitz -- SNP genotyping by unlabeled probe melting analysis / Maria Erali, Robert Palais, and Carl Wittwer -- Molecular beacons for protein-DNA interaction studies / Jun Li ... [et al.] -- DNA polymerase profiling / D. Summerer -- Modular reporter hairpin ribozymes for analyzing molecular interactions / S. Hani Najafi-Shoushtari and Michael Famulok -- Screening of molecular interactions using reporter hammerhead ribozymes / Jörg S. Hartig and Michael Famulok.
- Molecular biology of fungal development 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Molecular biology of human cancers 2005, Springer
- Molecular biology of metal homeostasis and detoxification 2006, Springer
- Molecular biology of the cell. 4th ed. 2002, NCBI Bookshelf, Fulltext accessible by its search box
- Molecular biology of the parathyroid 2005, Springer
- Molecular biomethods handbook. 2nd ed. 2008, Springer Protocols
- Molecular carcinogenesis and the molecular biology of human cancer 2006, CRCnetBASECarcinogens and mutagens -- Whole animal carcinogenicity bioassays -- Molecular mechanisms of action of selected organic carcinogens -- Binding of carinogens to DNA and covalent adducts and DNA damage - PAH, aromatic amines, nitro-aromatic compounds, and halogenated compounds -- Cellular oncogenes and carcinogenesis -- Tumor suppressor genes -- Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, and hepatocellular carcinoma -- Oncongenesis in transgenic and knockout mice -- Chemically induced morphological and neoplastic transformation in C3H/10T1/2 C1 8 mouse embryo cells -- Radiation carcinogenesis -- DNA microarrays and computational analysis of DNA microarray data in cancer research -- Application of proteomics in basic biological sciences and cancer -- Overview of human cancer induction and human exposure to carcinogens -- Complex mixtures of chemical carcinogens: principles of action and human cancer -- Lung cancer -- Breast cancer -- Cancer of the prostate - Mechanisms of molecular carcinogenesis -- Skin cancer: epidemiology, clinical manifestations, and genetic and molecular aspects -- Cell and molecular biology of cancer of the brain --Thyroid cancer: molecular biology and clinical aspects -- Chemoprevention of chemical carcinogenesis and human cancer -- Carcinogen biomarkers and exposure assessment -- Risk assessment for chemical carcinogens -- Prevention and regulation approaches to carcinogens.
- Molecular cell biology. 4th ed. 2000, NCBI Bookshelf
- Molecular cellular microbiology 2002, ScienceDirect
- Molecular cytogenetics 2002, Springer Protocols
- Molecular diagnostic PCR handbook 2005, Springer
- Molecular diagnostics 2010, ScienceDirectAdvances in genomic and proteomic profiling of disease have transformed the field of molecular diagnostics, thus leading the way for a major revolution in clinical practice. While the range of tests for disease detection and staging is rapidly expanding, many physicians lack the knowledge required to determine which tests to order and how to interpret results. This handbook provides a complete guide to the use and interpretation of molecular testing in the clinical arena. No other available resource offers this emphasis, comprehensive scope, and practical utility in the clinical setting.
- Molecular diagnostics-- promises and possibilities 2010, Springer
- Molecular diagnostics. 2nd ed. 2010, ScienceDirectChapter 1. Molecular Diagnostics: Past, Present, and Future / George P. Patrinos, Wilhelm J. Ansorge -- Chapter 2 . Allele-Specific Mutation Detection / Aglaia Athanassiadou, Eleana F. Stavrou, Adamandia Papachatzopoulou, George P. Patrinos -- Chapter 3. Enzymatic and Chemical Cleavage Methods to Identify Genetic Variation / Chinh T. Bui, Emmanuelle Nicolas, Georgina Sallmann, Maria Chiotis, Andreana Lambrinakos, Kylee Rees, Ian Trounce, Richard G.H. Cotton, Lauryn Blakesley, Andrew K. Godwin, Anthony T. Yeung -- Chapter 4. Mutation Detection by Single Strand Conformation Polymorphism and Heteroduplex Analysis / Panayiotis G. Menounos, George P. Patrinos -- Chapter 5. Capillary Electrophoresis / Anja Bosserhoff, Claus Hellerbrand -- Chapter 6. Temperature and Denaturing Gradient Gel Electrophoresis / Hartmut Peters, Peter N. Robinson -- Chapter 7. Real-Time Polymerase Chain Reaction / Lut Overbergh, Anna-Paula Giulietti, Dirk Valckx, Chantal Mathieu -- Chapter 8 - Pyrosequencing / Sharon Marsh -- Chapter 9. Application of Padlock and Selector Probes in Molecular Medicine / Mats Nilsson, Chatarina Larsson, Johan Stenberg, Jenny Göransson, Ida Grundberg, Magnus Isaksson, Tim Conze, Sara Henriksson -- Chapter 10. Molecular Cytogenetics in Molecular Diagnostics / Holger Tönnies -- Chapter 11. Analysis of Human Splicing Defects Using Hybrid Minigenes / Franco Pagani, Francisco E. Baralle -- Chapter 12. Detection of Genomic Duplications and Deletions / Graham R. Taylor, Carol A. Delaney -- Chapter 13. Multiplex Ligation-Dependent Probe Amplification (MLPA) and Methylation-Specific (MS)-MLPA: Multiplex Detection of DNA/mRNA Copy Number and Methylation Changes / Eline M. Sepers, Jan P. Schouten -- Chapter 14. Molecular Techniques for DNA Methylation Studies / Jörg Tost, Ivo G. Gut -- Chapter 15. High-Resolution Melting Curve Analysis for Molecular Diagnostics / Jared S. Farrar, Gudrun H. Reed, Carl T. Wittwer -- Chapter 16. DNA Microarrays and Genetic Testing / Lars Dyrskjøt, Karina Dalsgaard-Sørensen, Marie Stampe-Ostenfeld, Karin Birkenkamp-Demtroder, Kasper Thorsen, Claus L. Andersen, Mogens Kruhøffer, Jens L. Jensen, Torben F. Ørntoft -- Chapter 17. Arrayed Primer Extension Microarrays for Molecular Diagnostics / Neeme Tonisson, Eneli Oitmaa, Kaarel Krjutskov, Janne Pullat, Ilona Lind, Merike Leego, Ants Kurg, Andres Metspalu -- Chapter 18. Application of Proteomics to Disease Diagnostics / Samir Hanash, Ji Qiu, Vitor Faca -- Chapter 19. RNA-Based Variant Detection: The Protein Truncation Test / Johan T. den Dunnen -- Chapter 20. Protein Diagnostics by Proximity Ligation: Combining Multiple Recognition and DNA Amplification for Improved Protein Analyses / Karl-Johan Leuchowius, Ola Söderberg, Masood Kamali-Moghaddam, Malin Jarvius, Irene Weibrecht, Katerina Pardali, Ulf Landegren --Chapter 21. Mass Spectrometry and its Applications to Functional Proteomics / Thomas Köcher, Giulio Superti-Furga -- Chapter 22. Pharmacogenetics and Pharmacogenomics: Impact on Drug Discovery and Clinical Care / Minoli Perera, Federico Innocenti -- Chapter 23. Nutrigenomics: Integrating Genomic Approaches into Nutrition Research / Lynette R. Ferguson, Martin Philpott, Matthew P.G. Barnett -- Chapter 24. Novel Next-Generation DNA Sequencing Techniques for Ultra High-Throughput Applications in Bio-Medicine / Wilhelm J. Ansorge -- Chapter 25. Locus-Specific and National/Ethnic Mutation Databases: Emerging Tools for Molecular Diagnostics / George P. Patrinos -- Chapter 26. Molecular Diagnostic Applications in Forensic Science / Bruce Budowle, John V. Planz, Rowan Campbell, Arthur J. Eisenberg -- Chapter 27. Mass Disaster Victim Identification Assisted by DNA Typing / Daniel Corach -- Chapter 28. Detection of Highly Pathogenic Viral Agents: Implications for Therapeutics, Vaccines and Biodefense / Kylene Kehn-Hall, Sina Bavari -- Chapter 29. Identification of Genetically Modified Organisms / Farid E. Ahmed -- Chapter 30. Molecular Diagnostics and Comparative Genomics in Clinical Microbiology / Alex van Belkum -- Chapter 31. Genetic Monitoring of Laboratory Rodents / Jean-Louis Guénet, Fernando J. Benavides -- Chapter 32. Safety Analysis in Retroviral Gene Therapy: Identifying Virus Integration Sites in Gene-Modified Cells / Stephanie Laufs, Luisa Schubert, Patrick Maier, W. Jens Zeller, Stefan Fruehauf -- Chapter 33. Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis / Martine de Rycke, Karen Sermon -- Chapter 34. Automated DNA Hybridization and Detection / Bert Gold -- Chapter 35. The Use of Microelectronic-Based Techniques in Molecular Diagnostic Assays / Piotr Grodzinski, Michael Ward, Robin Liu, Kathryn Scott, Saul Surrey, Paolo Fortina -- Chapter 36. Human Gene Patents and Genetic Testing / Timothy Caulfield, Yann Joly -- Chapter 37. Genetic Counseling and Ethics in Molecular Diagnostics / Mary Petrou -- Chapter 38. Genetic Testing and Psychology / Andrea Farkas Patenaude -- Chapter 39. General Considerations Concerning Safety in Biomedical Research Laboratories / William E. Grizzle, Walter C. Bell, Jerry Fredenburgh -- Chapter 40. Quality Management in the Laboratory / David Burnett.
- Molecular endocrinology. 3rd ed. 2004, ScienceDirectClassical endocrinology --Nonclassical endocrinology --Overview of receptors and transducers --Kinetics --Nuclear receptors --Membrane receptors --Receptor regulation --G proteins and cyclic nucleotides --Calcium, calmodulin, and phospholipids --Miscellaneous second messengers --Phosphorylation and other nontranscriptional effects of hormones --Hormonally regulated transcription factors --Modifications and conformations of DNA and nuclear proteins --Posttranscriptional control --Pathogen-endocrine system interactions --Molecular bases of endocrinopathies --Molecular evolution of the endocrine system.
- Molecular genetic pathology 2008, Springer
- Molecular genetics of mammalian cells 1987, ScienceDirect
- Molecular genetics of recombination 2007, Springer
- Molecular imaging 2004, Springer
- Molecular imaging and contrast agent database NCBI BookshelfThis searchable database is a collection of in vivo molecular imaging agents developed for positron emission tomography (PET), single photon emission computed tomography (SPECT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasound (US), computed tomography (CT), and optical imaging. MICAD, a key component of the "Molecular Libraries and Imaging" program of the NIH Roadmap, is being developed by NCBI, the National Center for Biotechnology Information".
- Molecular immunology of complex carbohydrates-3 2011, SpringerPart 1. Introduction to Glyco-Experiences -- Serendipity in Scientific Discoveries: Some Examples in Glycosciences / Yuan-Chuan Lee -- My 30-Year Devotion to the N-Linked Oligosaccharide Structures / Noriko Takahashi -- Part 2. Blood Group ABH/Le-related Antigens -- Human Blood Group ABH/Ii, Lea,b,x,y, and Sialyl Lea,x Glycotopes; Internal Structures; and Immunochemical Roles of Human Ovarian Cyst Glycoproteins / Albert M. Wu -- Lewis Glyco-Epitopes: Structure, Biosynthesis, and Functions / Hui-Li Chen -- A Unique Endo-β-Galactosidase that Cleaves Both Blood Group A and B Glycotopes / Su-Chen Li, Kimberly M. Anderson and Yu-Teh Li -- Part 3. Lectins -- Recognition Roles of Mammalian Structural Units and Polyvalency in Lectin-Glycan Interactions / Albert M. Wu, Jia-Haw Liu, Tanuja Singh and Zhangung Yang -- Adhesion/Growth-Regulatory Galectins: Insights into Their Ligand Selectivity Using Natural Glycoproteins and Glycotopes / Albert M. Wu, Tanuja Singh, Jia-Hau Liu, Sabine André and Martin Lensch, et al. -- Glycotope Structures and Intramolecular Affinity Factors of Plant Lectins for Tn/T Antigens / Pierre Rougé, Willy J. Peumans, Els J. M. Van Damme, Annick Barre and Tanuja Singh, et al. -- The Five Bacterial Lectins (PA-IL, PA-IIL, RSL, RS-IIL, and CV-IIL): Interactions with Diverse Animal Cells and Glycoproteins / Nechama Gilboa-Garber, Keren D. Zinger-Yosovich, Dvora Sudakevitz, Batya Lerrer and Anne Imberty, et al. -- On the Differential Sialic Acid Specificity of Lectins from Different Parts of Saraca indica / Bishnu P. Chatterjee and Mainak Majumder -- Regulation of Lectin Production by the Human Pathogens Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Chromobacterium violaceum: Effects of Choline, Trehalose, and Ethanol / Nachman C. Garber, Keren D. Zinger-Yosovich, Dvora Sudakevitz, Itschak Axelrad and Nechama Gilboa-Garber -- Non-carbohydrate-Mediated Interaction of Lectins with Plant Proteins / Jared Q. Gerlach, Michelle Kilcoyne, Seron Eaton, Veer Bhavanandan and Lokesh Joshi -- Novel Concepts About the Role of Lectins in the Plant Cell / Els J. M. Van Dammes, Elke Fouquaert, Nausicaä Lannoo, Gianni Vandenborre and Dieter Schouppe, et al. --Part 4. Structures and Functions of Glycolipids -- Role of Gangliosides and Plasma Membrane-Associated Sialidase in the Process of Cell Membrane Organization / Sandro Sonnino, Vanna Chigorno, Massimo Aureli, Anie Priscilla Masilamani and Manuela Valsecchi, et al. -- 9-O-Acetyl GD3 in Lymphoid and Erythroid Cells / Kankana Mukherjee, Suchandra Chowdhury, Susmita Mondal, Chandan Mandal and Sarmila Chandra, et al. -- GM3 Upregulation of Matrix Metalloproteinase-9 Possibly Through PI3K, AKT, RICTOR, RHOGDI-2, and TNF-A Pathways in Mouse Melanoma B16 Cells / Pu Wang, Xiaodong Wang, Peixing Wu, Jinghai Zhang and Toshinori Sato, et al. -- Pathological Roles of Ganglioside Mimicry in Guillain-Barré Syndrome and Related Neuropathies / Robert K. Yu, Toshio Ariga, Seigo Usuki and Ken-ichi Kaida -- Structure and Function of Glycolipids in Thermophilic Bacteria / Feng-Ling Yang, Yu-Liang Yang and Shih-Hsiung Wu -- Lipooligosaccharides of Neisseria Species: Similarity Between N. polysaccharea and N. meningitidis LOSs / Chao-Ming Tsai -- Part 5. Structures and Functions of Complex Carbohydrates -- Roles for N- and O-Glycans in Early Mouse Development / Suzannah A. Williams and Pamela Stanley -- Glycobiology in the Field of Gerontology (Glycogerontology) / Akira Kobata -- Galectins in Regulation of Apoptosis / Fu-Tong Liu, Ri-Yao Yang, Jun Saegusa, Huan-Yuan Chen and Daniel K. Hsu -- Avian and Human Influenza Virus Receptors and Their Distribution / Yasuo Suzuki -- Importance of a Factor VIIIc-Like Glycoprotein Expressed in Capillary Endothelial Cells (eFactor VIIIc) in Angiogenesis / Dipak K. Banerjee, Caroline M. Oliveira, José J. Tavárez, Viswa N. Katiyar and Subiman Saha, et al. -- Mucin O-Glycan Branching Enzymes: Structure, Function, and Gene Regulation / Pi-Wan Cheng and Prakash Radhakrishnan -- Studying Carbohydrate Self-Recognition in Marine Sponges Using Synthetic Aggregation Factor Epitopes / Johannis P. Kamerling and Adriana Carvalho de Souza -- Docking of Chitin Oligomers and Nod Factors on Lectin Domains of the LysM-RLK Receptors in the Medicago-Rhizobium Symbiosis / Pierre Rougé, Wim Nerinckx, Clare Gough, Jean-Jacques Bono and Annick Barre -- Part 6. Glycoimmunology -- O-Acetylated Sialic Acids and Their Role in Immune Defense / Roland Schauer, G. Vinayaga Srinivasan, Dirk Wipfler, Bernhard Kniep and Reinhard Schwartz-Albiez -- Sialylated and Sulfated Carbohydrate Ligands for Selectins and Siglecs: Involvement in Traffic and Homing of Human Memory T and B Lymphocytes / Reiji Kannagi, Katsuyuki Ohmori, Guo-Yun Chen, Keiko Miyazaki and Mineko Izawa, et al. -- Diversity of Natural Anti-α-Galactosyl Antibodies in Human Serum / Elwira Lisowska and Maria Duk -- Significance of Serum Glycoprotein Profiles in Spontaneous Tolerance After Liver Allograft Transplantation / Pei-Weng Wang and Tai-Long Pan -- Part 7. Glycobiology of Cancer -- Hematogenous Metastasis: Roles of CD44v and Alternative Sialofucosylated Selectin Ligands / Konstantinos Konstantopoulos and Susan N. Thomas -- Regulation of Glycosyltransferase Genes in Apoptotic Breast Cancer Cells Induced by l-PPMP and Cisplatin / Rui Ma, Elizabeth A. Hopp, N. Matthew Decker, Audrey Loucks and James R. Johnson, et al. -- Aberrant Glycosphingolipid Expression and Membrane Organization in Tumor Cells: Consequences on Tumor-Host Interactions / Alessandro Prinetti, Simona Prioni, Nicoletta Loberto, Massimo Aureli and Valentina Nocco, et al. -- Human KDN (Deaminated Neuraminic Acid) and Its Elevated Expression in Cancer Cells: Mechanism and Significance / Sadako Inoue, Ken Kitajima, Chihiro Sato and Shinji Go -- Polysialic Acid Bioengineering of Cancer and Neuronal Cells by N-Acyl Sialic Acid Precursor Treatment / Robert A. Pon, Wei Zou and Harold J. Jennings -- Part 8. Glyco Applications -- Synthesis of Hemagglutinin-Binding Trisaccharides / Cheng-Chung Wang, Suvarn S. Kulkarni, Medel Manuel L. Zulueta and Shang-Cheng Hung -- Fabrication and Applications of Glyconanomaterials / Po-Chiao Lin, Avijit Kumar Adak and Chun-Cheng Lin -- Glycan Arrays to Decipher the Specificity of Plant Lectins / Els J. M. Van Damme, David F. Smith, Richard Cummings and Willy J. Peumans -- Targeting C-Type Lectin for the Treatment of Flavivirus Infections / Szu-Ting Chen, Yi-Ling Lin, Ming-Ting Huang, Ming-Fang Wu and Shie-Liang Hsieh.
- Molecular markers of brain tumor cells 2004, Springer1. Brain tumors -- 2. Immunophenotypic characterizaton of infiltrating poly- and mononuclear cells in childhood brain tumors -- 3. Experimental therapies in brain tumors -- 4. Biologic anti-neoplastic therapies -- 5. The lymphokine activated killer (LAK) cell phenomenon -- 6. Angiogenesis inhibition in anti-neoplastic therapy -- 7. Antigen presentation by dendritic cells and their significance in anti-neoplastic immunotherapy -- 8. Genetically engineered antibodies for direct anti-neoplastic treatment and systematic delivery of various therapeutic agents to cancer cells -- 9. Cancer-testis antigens: promising targets for antigen directed anti-neoplastic immunotherapy -- 10. Materials and methods -- 11. Index.
- Molecular mechanisms of adult stem cell aging 2010, KargerSpeakers at the Symposium / Hartmann, D. -- Hematopoietic stem cell aging and fate decision / Illing, A., Ju, Z. -- Alterations of systemic environment impair stem cell function during aging / Song, Z., Ju, Z. -- Novel insights into regulation of stem cell aging by aging of the niche and alterations in systemic factors / Geiger, H. -- Aging and hematopoietic malignancies / Gompf, A. -- Intestinal stem cell aging / Sperka, T., Rudolph, K.L. -- Molecular mechanisms of aging in muscle stem cells / Tümpel, S. -- Free radicals and stem cell aging / Guachalla, L.M. -- DNA damage, checkpoint responses, and cell cycle control in aging stem cells / Sperka, T., Nalapareddy, K., Rudolph, K.L.
- Molecular mechanisms of cancer 2007, SpringerTheories of carcinogenesis -- Physioloigic correlates of malignancy -- Cell division and survival -- Cellular senescence -- Invasiveness -- DNA repair -- Epigenetic regulation of cancer-associated gene products -- Interaction of the groups of cancer-related gene products -- Structural growth control -- The organ preference of metastasis formation -- Angiogenesis -- Interactions with the immune system -- Endocrine dysregulation -- Dormancy and minimal residual disease -- Epithelial tumors -- Hematologic malignancies -- Mesenchymal tumors -- Neurologic tumors -- Tumors of serous cavities -- Embryonic tumors.
- Molecular medical microbiology 2002, ScienceDirect
- Molecular medical parasitology 2003, ScienceDirectSect. I. Molecular Biology -- Ch. 1. Parasite genomics -- Ch. 2. RNA processing in parasitic organisms: trans-splicing and RNA editing -- Ch. 3. Transcription -- Ch. 4. Post-transcriptional regulation -- Ch. 5. Antigenic variation in African trypanosomes and malaria -- Ch. 6. Genetic and genomic approaches to the analysis of leishmania virulence -- Sect. II. Biochemistry and Cell Biology: Protozoa -- Ch. 7. Energy metabolism -- Ch. 8. Amino acid and protein metabolism -- Ch. 9. Purine and pyrimidine transport and metabolism -- Ch. 10. Trypanosomatid surface and secreted carbohydrates -- Ch. 11. Intracellular signaling -- Ch. 12. Plastids, mitochondria, and hydrogenosomes -- Sect. III. Biochemistry and Cell Biology: Helminths -- Ch. 13. Helminth surfaces: structural, molecular and functional properties -- Ch. 14. Carbohydrate and energy metabolism in parasitic helminths -- Ch. 15. Neurotransmitters -- Sect. IV. Medical Applications -- Ch. 16. Drug resistance in parasites -- Ch. 17. Medical implications of molecular parasitology.
- Molecular medicine 2005, MyiLibraryHistory of molecular medicine -- DNA, RNA, genes and chromosomes -- Mendelian genetic traits -- Complex genetic traits -- Genomics, proteomics, and bioinformatics -- Genetic and cellular therapies -- Reproduction and development -- Infectious diseases -- Forensic medicine and science -- Ethical, legal, and social issues.
- Molecular medicine 2005, ScienceDirectHistory of molecular medicine -- DNA, RNA, genes and chromosomes -- Mendelian genetic traits -- Complex genetic traits -- Genomics, proteomics, and bioinformatics -- Genetic and cellular therapies -- Reproduction and development -- Infectious diseases -- Forensic medicine and science -- Ethical, legal, and social issues.
- Molecular modeling and simulation. [Repr. with corrections] 2006, MyiLibrary
- ABCs of gene cloning. 2nd ed. ..........
- — Gene biotechnology. 2nd ed. ............
- Gene therapy protocols. 3rd ed. ........
- — Molecular modeling and simulation. [R...
- Molecular paradigms of infectious dis...
- — WormBook ...............................
- Xenopus protocols ......................
- — Yeast protocols. 2nd ed. ...............
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
Editor: Jianfang, Zhang
Translated & Donated by Muoi Arnold and Keith Arnold former Stanford faculty