Books by Subject
- ABCs of gene cloning. 2nd ed. — Encyclopedia of molecular mechanisms of disease (143)
- Encyclopedic reference of genomics and proteomics in molecular medicine — Microbial biochemistry. 2nd ed. (143)
- Microbial proteomics : functional biology of whole organisms — Plant virology protocols : from viral sequence to protein function. 2nd ed. (143)
- Plant-pathogen interactions : methods and protocols. Second edition. [2nd ed.] — Yeast protocols. Third Edition. [3rd ed.] (142)
- 2006 SpringerGanten, D.; Ruckpaul, Klaus.v. 1. A-L -- v. 2. M-Z.
- 2005 Springer ProtocolsBertics, Paul J.; Patel, Tarun B.A historical perspective of EGF receptor and related systems / Francis Edwin ... [et al.] -- Purification and assay of kinase-active EGF receptor from mammalian cells by immunoaffinity chromatography / Gregory J. Wiepz ... [et al.] -- Soluble epidermal growth factor receptor acrydinium-linked immunosorbent assay / Jacqueline M. Lafky, Andre T. Baron, and Nita J. Maihle -- Analysis of epidermal growth factor receptor and interactions with the [alpha] subunit of the stimulatory GTP binding protein of adenylyl cyclase, Gs / Deepti Chaturvedi ... [et al.] -- Regulator of epidermal growth factor signaling : sprouty / Esther Sook Miin Wong and Graeme R. Guy -- Dissecting the epidermal growth factor signal transactivation pathway / Oliver M. Fischer, Stefan Hart, and Axel Ullrich -- A sensitive method to monitor ectodomain shedding of ligands of the epidermal growth factor receptor / Umut Sahin ... [et al.] -- In vitro and in vivo assays of monoubiquitnation of receptor tyrosine kinases / Manachem Katz, Yaron Mosesson, and Yosef Yarden -- Assays to monitor degradation of the EGF receptor / Mirko H.H. Schmidt and Ivan Dikic -- Assessment of degradation and ubiquitination of CXCR4, a GPCR regulated by EGFR family members / Adriano Marchese -- Epithelial cell migration in response to epidermal growth factor / Reema Zeineldin and Laurie G. Hudson -- Motility signaled from EGF receptors and related systems / Alan Wells ... [et al.] -- Methods for determining the proliferation of cells in response to EGFR ligands / Gregory J. Wiepz ... [et al.] -- Clinical advancement of EGFR inhibitors in cancer therapy / Prakash Chinnaiyan and Paul M. Harari.
- 2011 Springer ProtocolsTollefsbol, Trygve O.1. Advances in epigenetic technology / Trygve O. Tollefsbol -- 2. DNA methylation detection: bisulfite genomic sequencing analysis / Yuanyuan Li and Trygve O. Tollefsbol -- 3. Methylation-specific PCR / Ja-Lok Ku, You-Kyung Jeon, and Jae-Gabb Park -- 4. Analysing DNA methylation using bisulphite pyrosequencing / Thomas Mikeska, Jörg Felsberg, Chelsee A. Hewitt, and Alexander Dobrovic -- 5. Closed-tube PCR methods for locus-specific DNA methylation analysis / Ida L.M. Candiloro, Thomas Mikeska, and Alexander Dobrovic -- 6. A combined bisulfite restriction analysis bioinformatics tool: methyl-typing / Cheng-Hong Yang, Yu-Huei Cheng, Li-Yeh Chuang, and Hsueh-Wei Chang -- 7. SIRPH: an HPLC-based SNuPE for quantitative methylation measurement at specific CpG sites / Heike Singer, Nicole Nüsgen, and Osman El-Maarri -- 8. Restriction landmark genome scanning / Hisato Okuizumi, Tomoko Takamiya, Yasushi Okazaki, and Yoshihide Hayashizaki -- 9. Methylated DNA immunoprecipitation genome-wide analysis / Mattia Pelizzola and Annette Molinaro -- 10. Methylated-CpG island recovery assay / Natalie Mitchell, J. Tyson DeAngelis, and Trygve O. Tollefsbol -- 11. Global DNA methylation analysis using the luminometric methylation assay / Mohsen Karimi, Karin Luttropp, and Tomas J. Ekström -- 12. Inhibition of DNA methylation in somatic cells / Angelica M. Giraldo and Kenneth R. Bondioli -- 13. DNA methyltransferase assays / Renata Z. Jurkowska, Alexandre Ceccaldi, Yingying Zhang, Paola B. Arimondo, and Albert Jeltsch -- 14. A chromatin immunoprecipitation protocol for small cell numbers / Philippe Collas -- 15. Native chromatin immunoprecipitation / Céline Cosseau and Christoph Grunau -- 16. Q-PCR in combination with ChIP assays to detect changes in chromatin acetylation / Ryan A. Irvine, Cindy Okitsu, and Chih-Lin Hsieh -- 17. Sequential chromatin immunoprecipitation assay and analysis / Ricardo B. de Medeiros -- 18. Combined chromatin immunoprecipitation and bisulfite methylation sequencing analysis / Yuanyuan Li and Trygve O. Tollefsbol -- 19. Studying RNA-protein interactions in vivo by RNA immunoprecipitation / Luke A. Selth, Pierre Close, and Jesper Q. Svejstrup -- 20. Using ChIP-seq technology to generate high-resolution profiles of histone modifications / Henriette O'Geen, Lorigail Echipare, and Peggy J. Farnham -- 21. Mapping open chromatin with formaldehyde-assisted isolation of regulatory elements / Takao Nammo, Santiago A. Rodriguez-Segui, and Jorge Ferrer -- 22. Inhibition of histone deacetylases / Yi Huang, Patrick G. Shaw, and Nancy E. Davidson -- 23. Computational methods for epigenetic analysis: the protocol of computational analysis for modified methylation-specific digital karyotyping based on massively parallel sequencing / Jian Li, Qian Zhao, and Lars Bolund.
- 2015 Springer ProtocolsMoore, Jason H.; Williams, Scott M.Long-term selection experiments : epistasis and the response to selection / Charles Goodnight -- Finding the epistasis needles in the genome-wide haystack / Marylyn D. Ritchie -- Biological knowledge-driven analysis of epistasis in human GWAS with application to lipid traits / Li Ma, Alon Keinan, and Andrew G. Clark -- Epistasis for quantitative traits in Drosophila / Trudy F. C. Mackay -- Epistasis in the risk of human neuropsychiatric disease / Scott M. Williams -- On the partitioning of genetic variance with epistasis / José M. Álvarez-Castro and Arnaud Le Rouzic -- Measuring gene interactions / Thomas F. Hansen -- Two rules for the detection and quantification of epistasis and other interaction effects / Günter P. Wagner -- Direct approach to modeling epistasis / Rong-Cai Yang -- Capacitating epistasis -- detection and role in the genetic architecture of complex traits / Mats E. Pettersson and Örjan Carlborg -- Compositional epistasis : an epidemiologic perspective / Etsuji Suzuki and Tyler J. VanderWeele -- Identification of genome-wide SNP-SNP and SNP-clinical boolean interactions in age-related macular degeneration / Carlos Riveros [and eight others] -- Epistasis analysis using information theory / Jason H. Moore and Ting Hu -- Genome-wide epistasis and pleiotropy characterized by the bipartite human phenotype network / Christian Darabos and Jason H. Moore -- Network theory for data-driven epistasis networks / Caleb A. Lareau and Brett A. McKinney -- Epistasis analysis using multifactor dimensionality reduction / Jason H. Moore and Peter C. Andrews -- Epistasis analysis using ReliefF / Jason H. Moore -- Epistasis analysis using artificial intelligence / Jason H. Moore and Doug P. Hill.
- 2010 SpringerGerencser, George A.1. Chloride ATPase Pumps in Epithelia -- 2. Divalent Anion Transport in Crustacean and Molluscan Gastrointestinal Epithelia -- 3. Heavy Metal Transport and Detoxification by Crustacean Epithelial Lysosomes -- 4. Epithelial Calcium Transport in Crustaceans: Adaptation to Intrinsic and Extrinsic Stressors -- 5. The Cellular Basis of Extreme Alkali Secretion in Insects: A Tale of Two Tissues -- 6. H+, Na+, K+, and Amino Acid Transport in Caterpillar and Larval Mosquito Alimentary Canal -- 7. CFTR-Dependent Anion Transport in Airway Epithelia -- 8. Sulfate and Phosphate Transporters in Mammalian Renal and Gastrointestinal Systems -- 9. Role of H+-K+ ATPase, Na+-K+-2Cl⁻ and Na+-Cl⁻-HCO₃ ⁻ Transporters in Vertebrate Small Intestine -- 10. The H+- and H+, K+-ATPases of the Collecting Duct -- 11. Acid/Base Regulation in Renal Epithelia by H,K-ATPases -- 12. Sodium Transport Mechanisms in the Mammalian Nephron -- 13. Renal Acid-Base Regulation Via Ammonia Transport in Mammals -- 14. Hexose Transport Across Mammalian Epithelia -- 15. Amino Acid Transport by Epithelial Membranes -- 16. Molecular Ontology of Amino Acid Transport.
- 2005 ScienceDirectGregory, T. Ryan.Genome size evolution in animals / T. Ryan Gregory -- Genome size evolution in plants / Michael D. Bennett and Ilia J. Leitch -- Transposable elements / Margaret G. Kidwell -- B chromosomes / Juan Pedro M. Camacho -- Small-scale gene duplications / John S. Taylor and Jeroen Raes -- Large-scale gene and ancient genome duplications / Yves Van de Peer and Axel Meyer -- Polyploidy in plants / Jennifer A. Tate, Douglas E. Soltis, and Pamela S. Soltis -- Polyploidy in animals / T. Ryan Gregory and Barbara K. Mable -- Comparative genomics in eukaryotes / Alan Filipski and Sudhir Kumar -- Comparative genomics in prokaryotes / T. Ryan Gregory and Rob DeSalle -- Macroevolution and the genome / T. Ryan Gregory.
- 2012 Springer ProtocolsFulltext v. 2 (2012) Springer ProtocolsAnisimova, Maria.Vol. 1. -- pt. I. Introduction: Bioinformactician's primers: 1. Introduction to genome biology: features, processes, and structures / Aidan Budd ; 2. Diversity of genome organisation / Aidan Budd ; 3. Probability, statistics, and computational science / Niko Beerenwinkel and Juliane Siebourg ; 4. The essentials of computational molecular evolution / Stéphane Aris-Brosou and Nicolas Rodrigue ; -- pt. II. Genomic data assembly, alignment, and homology inference: 5. Next-generation sequencing technologies and fragment assembly algorithms / Heewook Lee and Haixu Tang ; 6. Gene prediction / Tyler Alioto ; 7. Alignment methods: strategies, challenges, benchmarking, and comparative overview / Ari Lötynoja ; 8. Whole-genome alignment / Colin N. Dewey ; 9. Inferring orthology and paralogy / Adrian M. Altenhoff and Christophe Dessimoz ; 10. Detecting laterally transferred genes / Rajeev K. Azad and Jeffrey G. Lawrence ; -- pt. III. Genome evolution: insights from statistical analyses: 11. Genome evolution in outcrossing versus selfing versus asexual species / Sylvain Glémin and Nicolas Galtier ; 12. Transposable elements and their identification / Wojciech Makałowski, Amit Pande, Valer Gotea, and Izabela Makałowska ; 13. Evolution of genome content: population dynamics of transposable elements in flies and humans / Josefa González and Dmitri Petrov ; 14. Detection and phylogenetic assessment of conserved synteny derived from whole genome duplications / Shigehiro Kuraku and Axel Meyer ; 15. Analysis of gene order evolution beyond single-copy genes / Nadia El-Mabrouk and David Sankoff ; 16. Discovering patterns in gene order / Laxmi Parida and Niina Haiminen -- Vol. 2. -- pt. I. Phylogenomics: 1. Tangled trees: the challenge of inferring species trees from coalescent and noncoalescent genes / Christian N.K. Anderson, Liang Liu, Dennis Pearl, and Scott V. Edwards ; 2. Modeling gene family evolution and reconciling phylogenetic discord / Gergely J. Szöllősi and Vincent Daubin ; 3. Genome-wide comparative analysis comparative analysis of phylogenetic trees: the Prokaryotic forest of life / Pere Puigbó, Yuri I. Wolf, and Eugene V. Koonin ; 4. Philosophy and evolution: minding the gap between evolutionary patterns and tree-like patterns / Eric Bapteste, Frédéric Bouchard, and Richard M. Burian ; -- pt. II. Natural selection, recombination, and innovation in genomic sequences: 5. Selection on the protein-coding genome / Carolin Kosiol and Maria Anisimova ; 6. Methods to detect selection on noncoding DNA / Ying Zhen and Peter Andolfatto ; 7. The origin and evolution of new genes / Margarida Cardoso-Moreiera and Manyuan Long ; 8. Evolution of protein domain architectures / Kristoffer Forslund and Erik L.L. Sonnhammer ; 9. Estimating recombination rates from genetic variation in humans / Adam Auton and Gil McVean ; 10. Evolution of viral genomes: interplay between selection, recombination and other forces / Sergei L. Kosakovsky Pond, Ben Murrell, and Art F.Y. Poon ; -- pt. III. Population genomics: 11. Association mapping and disease: evolutionary perspectives / Soren Besenbacher, Thomas Mailund, and Mikkel H. Schierup ; 12. Ancestral population genomics / Julien Y. Dutheil and Asger Hobolth ; 13. Nonredundant representation of ancestral recombinations graphs / Laxmi Parida ; -- pt. IV: The "-OMICS". 14. Using Genomic tools to study regulatory evolution / Yoav Gilad ; 15. Characterization and evolutionary analysis of protein-protein interaction networks / Gabriel Musso, Andrew Emili, and Zhaolei Zhang ; 16. Statistical methods in metabolomics / Alexander Korman, Amy Oh, Alexander Raskind, and David Banks ; 17. Introduction the analysis of environmental sequences: metagenomics with MEGAN / Daniel H. Huson and Suparna Mitra ; 18. Analyzing epigenome data in context of genome evolution and human diseases / Lars Feuerbach, Konstantin Halachev, Yassen Assenov, Fabian Müller, Cahristoph Bock, and Thomas Lengauer ; 19. Genetical genomics for evolutionary studies / Pjotr Prins, Geert Smant, and Ritsert C. Jansen ; -- pt. V. Handling genomic data: resources and computation: 20. Genomics data resources: frameworks and standards / Mark D. Wilkinson ; 21. Sharing programming resources between bio* projects through remote procedure call and native call stack strategies / Pjotr Prins, Naohisa Goto, Andrew Yates, Laurent Gautier, Scotter Willis, Christopher Fields, and Toshiaki Katayama ; 22. Scaleable computing for evoluntionart genomics / Pjotr Prins, Dominique Belhachemi, Steffen Möller, and Geert Smant.
- [v.1], 2014Orsay, Jonathan.
- 2008 Springer ProtocolsIvanov, Andrei I.Vesicular trafficking : molecular tools and targets / Elena V. Vassilieva and Asma Nusrat -- Pharmacological inhibition of endocytic pathways : is it specific enough to be useful? / Andrei I. Ivanov -- In vitro assays to measure SNARE-mediated vesicle fusion / Susanne Kreye, Jörg Malsam, and Thomas H. Söllner -- Imaging Ca²⁺-triggered exocytosis of single secretory granules on plasma membrane lawns from neuroendocrine cells / Thorsten Lang -- FRAP analysis of secretory granule lipids and proteins in the sea urchin egg / Julian L. Wong and Gary M. Wessel -- A cell-free assay for endocytosis of E-cadherin / Toshiaki Sakisaka and Yoshimi Takai -- Cell-surface biotinylation to study endocytosis and recycling of occludin / Noriyuki Nishimura and Takuya Sasaki -- Fractionation of subcellular membrane vesicles of epithelial and nonepithelial cells by OptiPrep density gradient / Xuhang Li and Mark Donowitz -- Identification and characterization of interacting partners of Rab GTPases by yeast two-hybrid analyses / Mark Kail and Angelika Barnekow -- High-throughput analysis of the dynamics of recycling cell surface proteins / Roland Glovers, David E. James, and Adelle C.F. Coster -- Studying phagocytosis by live-cell scintillation proximity assay / Walter Stockinger and Axel Nohturfft -- Transcytosis of polymeric immunoglobin A in polarized Madin-Darby canine kidney cells / Asli Oztan, Christine Rondanino, and Gerard Apodaca -- The use of syntaxin chimeras to study polarized protein trafficking in epithelial cells / Martin B.A. ter Beest -- Targeting the epithelial SNARE machinery by bacterial neurotoxins / Véronique Proux-Gillardeaux and Thierry Galli -- Endocytosis of endothelial cells is regulated by N-ethylmaleimide-sensitive factor / Munekazu Yamakuchi ... [et al.] -- Molecular dissection of HCL secretion in gastric parietal cells using streptolysin O permeabilization / Xia Ding .. [et al.] -- Addressing membrane protein topology using the fluorescence protease protection (FPP) assay / Holger Lorenz, Dale W. Hailey, and Jennifer Lippincott-Schwartz -- Visualizing clathrin-mediated IgE receptor internalization by electron and atomic force microscopy / Alan R. Burns ... [et al.] -- Analyzing endosomes in nonsectioned cells by transmission electron microscopy / Willem Stoorvogel -- Imaging exocytosis of single insulin secretory granules with TIRF microscopy / Shinya Nagamatsu and Mica Ohara-Imaizumi -- Reconstitution of depolarization and Ca²⁺-evoked secretion in Xenopus oocytes monitored by membrane capacitance / Roy Cohen, Bernhard M. Schmitt, and Daphne Atlas -- Low-noise recording of single-vesicle capacitance steps in cell-attached patches / Vitaly Klyachko, Zhenjie Zhang, and Meyer Jackson -- Good practices in single-cell amperometry / David J. Machado, Mónica S. Montesinos, and Ricardo Borges -- Analysis of single-vesicle exocytotic events recorded by amperometry / Eugene V. Mosharov -- Application of RNAi technology and fluorescent protein markers to study membrane traffic in Caenorhabditis elegans / Dmitry Poteryaev and Anne Spang -- FM 1-43 labeling of synaptic vesicle pools at the Drosophila neuromuscular junction / Patrik Verstreken, Tomoko Ohyama, and Hugo J. Bellen -- Probing E-cadherin endocytosis by morpholino-mediated Rab5 knockdown in zebrafish / Florian Ulrich and Carl-Philipp Heisenberg -- Quantifying endocytosis in vivo using intravital two-photon microscopy / Ruben M. Sandoval and Bruce A. Molitoris.
- 2012 Springer ProtocolsAartsma-Rus, Annemieke.DNA diagnostics and exon skipping / Umasuthan Srirangalingam and Shern L. Chew -- Bioinformatics and mutations leading to exon skipping / F.O. Desmet and C. Béroud -- Minigenes to confirm exon skipping mutations / Lourdes R. Desviat, Belén Pérez, and Magdalena Ugarte -- Analysis and interpretation of RNA splicing alterations in genes involved in genetic disorders / Maaike P.G. Vreeswijk and Heleen M. van der Klift -- Exon skipping mutations in neurofibromatosis / Emanuele Buratti and Diana Baralle -- Overview on applications of antisense-mediated exon skipping / Willeke M.C. van Roon-Mom and Annemieke Aartsma-Rus -- Overview on DMD exon skipping / Annemieke Aartsma-Rus -- Overview on AON design / Annemieke Aartsma-Rus -- Optimizing RNA/ENA chimeric antisense oligonucleotides using in vitro splicing / Yasuhiro Takeshima, Mariko Yagi, and Masafumi Matsuo -- Optimizing antisense oligonucleotides using phophorodiamidate morpholino oligomers / Linda J. Popplewell, Alberto Malerba, and George Dickson -- Optimizing splice-switching oligomer sequences using 2'-O-methyl phosphorothioate chemistry / Carl Adkin, Sue Fletcher, and Steve D. Wilton -- Exon skipping quantification by real-time PCR / Alessandra Ferlini and Paola Rimessi -- Antisense-mediated exon skipping to shift alternative splicing to treat cancer / Jing Wan -- Antisense-mediated exon skipping to generate soluble receptors / A. Seda Yilmaz-Elis and J. Sjef Verbeek -- Antisense-mediated exon skipping to reframe transcripts / Sandrina Turczynski [and others] -- U1 snRNA as an effective vector for stable expression of antisense molecules and for the inhibition of the splicing reaction / Julie Martone, Fernanda Gabriella De Angelis, and Irene Bozzoni -- Engineering U7snRNA gene to reframe transcripts / Aurélie Goyenvalle -- Dynamic fluorescent and luminescent reporters for cell-based splicing screens / Claude C. Warzecha, Ruben Hovhannisyan, and Russ P. Carstens -- Antisense-mediated exon-skipping to induce gene knockdown / Petra Disterer and Bernard Khoo -- Antisense-mediated exon inclusion / Yimin Hua and Adrian R. Krainer -- Antisense genes to induce exon inclusion / Rachel Nlend Nlend and Daniel Schümperli -- Using mini-genes to identify factors that modulate alternative splicing / Robert Morse, Adrian G. Todd, and Philip J. Young -- Overview of alternative oligonucleotide chemistries for exon skipping / Amer F. Saleh, Andrey A. Arzumanov, and Michael J. Gait -- Identification of peptides for tissue-specific delivery / Hans Heemskerk -- Systemic delivery of antisense oligomer in animal models and its implications for treating DMD / Qi Long Lu and Bo Wu -- Cell-penetrating peptides enhance systemic delivery of antisense morpholino oligomers / Hong M. Moulton -- Optimizing tissue-specific antisense oligonucleotide-peptide conjugates / Corinne A. Betts [and others].
- 2010 SpringerKikuchi, Yo; Rykova, Elena Y.Extracellular DNA as Matrix Component in Microbial Biofilms / Wen-Chi Chiang and Tim Tolker-Nielsen -- Gene Transfer Agents and Defective Bacteriophages as Sources of Extracellular Prokaryotic DNA / Andrew S. Lang and J. Thomas Beatty -- Roles of Extracellular DNA in Bacterial Ecosystem / Katsuji Tani and Masao Nasu -- Stable Extracellular DNA: A Novel Substrate for Genetic Engineering that Mimics Horizontal Gene Transfer in Nature / Shinya Kaneko and Mitsuhiro Itaya -- Extracellular Nucleic Acids of the Marine Phototrophic Bacterium Rhodovulum sulfidophilum and Related Bacteria: Physiology and Biotechnology / Yo Kikuchi -- Systemic RNAi in C. elegans from the Viewpoint of RNA as Extracellular Signals / Lisa Timmons -- Circulating Nucleic Acids in Health and Disease / E. Y. Rykova, P. P. Laktionov and V. V. Vlassov -- Circulating MicroRNAs in Cancer / Patrick S. Mitchell and Muneesh Tewari -- Biology and Diagnostic Applications of Cell-Free Fetal Nucleic Acids in Maternal Plasma / Jason C. H. Tsang and Y. M. Dennis Lo -- The Biology of Circulating Nucleic Acids in Plasma and Serum (CNAPS) / P. B. Gahan and M. Stroun -- Modulation and Regulation of Gene Expression by CpG Oligonucleotides / Dennis Klinman and Sven Klaschik -- Immune Recognition of Nucleic Acids and Their Metabolites / Shohei Koyama, Shizuo Akira and Ken J. Ishii.
- 2005 SpringerRazzaque, Mohammed S.Tissue scarring: lessons from wound healing / Mohammed S. Razzaque ... [et al.] -- Pathological significance of renal expression of proinflammatory molecules / Takashi Wada ... [et al.] -- Oxidative stress, lipoproteins, and angiotensin II-the unholy triade in the pathogenesis of renal fibrosis / Jan Galle, Thomas Quaschning and Stefan Seibold -- Involvement of NF-kB in renal inflammation and sclerosis / Laurent Baud -- Low-density lipoprotein and glomerulosclerosis / Hyun Soon Lee -- Molecular developments in the treatment of renal fibrosis / Gavin J. Becker and Tim D. Hewitson -- Myocardial infarction and cardiac fibrogenesis / Shozo Kusachi and Yoshifumi Ninomiya -- Cardiac fibrosis and aging / Serge Masson ... [et al.] -- Matrix remodeling and atherosclerosis effect of age / Ladislas Robert -- Molecular and cellular aspect of liver fibrosis / Norifumi Kawada -- Recent therapeutic developments in hepatic fibrosis / Ichiro Shimizu -- Reversibility of liver fibrosis: role of matrix metalloproteinases / Isao Okazaki ... [et al.] -- Can manipulation of apoptotic cell death benefit tissue scarring? / Wesam Ahmed, Mohammed S. Razzaque, and Takashi Taguchi -- Pulmonary fibrogenesis: the role of apoptosis and its clinical potentials / Kazuyoshi Kuwano, Naoki Hagimata, and Nobuyuki Hara -- Silica-induced inflammatory mediators and pulmonary fibrosis / Andrea K. Hubbard ... [et al.].
- 2010 Springer ProtocolsBridger, Joanna M.; Volpi, Emanuela V.Fluorescence in situ Hybridization (FISH), Basic principles and methodology -- Fluorescence in situ hybridization on DNA halo preparations and extended chromatin fibres -- Detection of nascent RNA transcripts by fluorescence in situ hybridization -- Fluorescence in situ hybridization analysis of formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissues, including tissue microarrays -- Fluorescence in situ Hybridization (FISH) on tissue cryosections -- Multiplex fluorescence in situ hybridization (M-FISH) -- Optical mapping of protein-DNA complexes on chromatin fibers -- 3D-FISH on cultured cells combined with immunostaining -- The Comet-FISH assay for the analysis of DNA damage and repair -- Direct in situ hybridization with oligonucleotide functionalized quantum dot probes -- LNA-FISH for detection of MicroRNAs in frozen sections -- Chromosome orientation fluorescence in situ hybridization or strand-specific FISH -- Combinatorial oligo FISH: directed labeling of specific genome domains in differentially fixed cell material and live cells -- Simultaneous visualization of FISH signals and bromo-deoxyuridine incorporation by formamide-free DNA denaturation -- CryoFISH: fluorescence in situ hybridization on ultrathin cryosections -- Characterization of chromosomal rearrangements using multicolor-banding (MCB/m-band) -- Visualizing nucleic acids in living cells by fluorescence in vivo hybridization -- Quality control in FISH as part of a laboratory's quality management system -- FlashFISH: "same day" prenatal diagnosis of common chromosomal aneuploidies -- FISH for pre-implantation genetic diagnosis -- PNA-FISH on human sperm -- POD-FISH: a new technique for parental origin determination based on copy number variation polymorphism -- Sequence-based high resolution chromosomal comparative genomic hybridization (CGH) -- ImmunoFISH on isolated nuclei from paraffin-embedded biopsy material -- Fluorescence in situ hybridization on 3D cultures of tumor cells -- Simultaneous ultrasensitive subpopulation staining/hybridization in situ (SUSHI) in HIV-1 disease monitoring -- Detection of prokaryotic cells with fluorescence in situ hybridization -- FISH as a tool to investigate chromosome behavior in budding yeast -- FISH on chromosomes derived from the snail model organism biomphalaria glabrata -- Fluorescence in situ hybridization with bacterial artificial chromosomes (BACs) to mitotic heterochromatin of drosophila -- Three-dimensional fluorescence in situ hybridization in mouse embryos using repetitive probe sequences -- Fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH) for genomic investigations in rat -- Fluorescence in situ hybridization on early porcine embryos -- FISH on 3D preserved bovine and murine preimplantation embryos.
- 2011 SpringerChang, Rowen J. Y.; Ventura, Salvador.1. Oxidative folding: coupling conformational folding and disulfide formation -- 2. The case of oxidative folding of ribonuclease A: factors impacting fold maturation of ER-processed proteins -- 3. Cystine knot folding in cyclotides -- 4. In vitro folding of single/double chain insulins and related proteins -- 5. Unfolding and refolding of disulfide proteins using the method disulfide scrambling -- 6. Oxidative protein folding with small molecules -- 7. Protein disulfide isomerase and the catalysis of oxidative protein folding -- 8. Allosteric disulfide bonds -- 9. The problem of expression of multidisulfide bonded recombinant proteins in E. coli -- 10. NMR-spectroscopic investigation of disulfide dynamics in unfolded states of proteins -- 11. A half-century of oxidative folding and protein disulfphide formation -- Index.
- 2011 Springer ProtocolsAl-Mulla, Fahd.Regulatory and ethical Issues on the utilization of FFPE tissues in research / Catherine M. With, David L. Evers, and Jeffrey T. Mason -- Tissue microarrays : construction and uses / Carol B. Fowler ... [et al.] -- Standardization in immunohistology / Anthony S.-Y. Leong and Trishe Y.-M. Leong -- Multiple immunofluorescence labeling of formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue / David Robertson and Clare M. Isacke -- Microwaves for chromogenic In situ hybridization / Anthony S.-Y. Leong and Zenobia Haffajee -- Automated analysis of FISH-stained HER2/neu samples with metafer / Christian Schunck and Eiman Mohammad -- Laser capture microdissection of FFPE tissue sections bridging the gap between microscopy and molecular analysis / Renate Burgemeister -- Nucleic acids extraction from laser microdissected FFPE tissue sections / Renate Burgemeister -- Microarray-based CGH and copy number analysis of FFPE samples / Fahd Al-Mulla -- Microarray profiling of DNA extracted from FFPE tissues using SNP 6.0 affymetrix platform / Marianne Tuefferd ... [et al.] -- Whole genome amplification of DNA extracted from FFPE tissues / Mira Bosso and Fahd Al-Mulla -- Pyrosequencing of DNA extracted from formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue / Brendan Doyle, Ciaran O'Riain, and Kim Appleton -- Analysis of DNA methylation in FFPE tissues using the methylight technology / Ashraf Dallol ... [et al.] -- RT-PCR gene expression profiling of RNA from paraffin-embedded tissues prepared using a range of different fixatives and conditions / Mei-Lan Liu ... [et al.] -- RT-PCR-based gene expression profiling for cancer biomarker discovery from fixed, paraffin-embedded tissues / Aaron Scott ... [et al.] -- MicroRNA isolation from formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissues / Aihua Liu and Xiaowei Xu -- Gene expression profiling of RNA extracted from FFPE tissues : NuGEN technologies' whole-transcriptome amplification system / Leah Turner, Joe Don Heath, and Nurith Kurn -- Protein mass spectrometry applications on FFPE tissue sections / Carol B. Fowler, Timothy J. O'Leary, and Jeffrey T. Mason -- Alternative fixative to formalin fixation for molecular applications : the RCL2®-CS100 approach / Amelie Denouel ... [et al.].
- 2006 SpringerSonntag, C. von.
- 2012 SpringerBarciszewski, Jan; Erdmann, V. A.RNAissance / Juergen Brosius -- Nucleic Acids as Therapeutics / Saraswat Pushpendra, Pareek Arvind and Bhandari Anil -- Thio Effects as a Tool for Mechanistic Studies of the Cleavage of RNA Phosphodiester Bonds: The Chemical Basis / Mikko Ora, Tuomas Lönnberg and Harri Lönnberg -- Off-Target Effects and Safety Aspects of Phosphorothioate Oligonucleotides / Martina Stessl, Christian R. Noe and Johannes Winkler -- Oligonucleotide Conjugates: Rationale, Synthesis, and Applications / Yashveer Singh, Pierre Murat, Nicolas Spinelli and Eric Defrancq -- CRISPR: A Bacterial Immunity System Based on Small RNAs / Rolf Wagner and Ümit Pul -- Antisense Technology: From Unique Laboratory Tool to Novel Anticancer Treatments / Christine Di Cresce, Colin Way, Mateusz Rytelewski, Saman Maleki Vareki and Supritha Nilam, et al. -- Antisense-Mediated Reduction of Eukaryotic Noncoding RNAs / Xue-hai Liang, Timothy A. Vickers and Stanley T. Crooke -- Antisense Oligonucleotides in the Treatment of Malignant Gliomas / Gerardo Caruso, Mariella Caffo, Giuseppe Raudino, Federica Raudino and Mario Venza, et al. -- Natural Antisense Transcripts Mediate Regulation of Gene Expression / Marco Magistri and Mohammad Ali Faghihi -- Activation and Deactivation of Antisense and RNA Interference Function with Light / Jeane M. Govan and Alexander Deiters -- Ribozymes as Molecular Biology Reagents / Sanchita Bhadra, Arti Pothukuchy and Andrew Ellington -- RNA Technologies for Mitochondrial Genetics / André Dietrich, Katarzyna Rolle, Marta Gabryelska, Eliza Wyszko and Romain Val, et al. -- RNA-Based Therapies for Inherited Metabolic Diseases / Belén Pérez, Magdalena Ugarte and Lourdes R. Desviat -- RNA-Cleaving DNA Enzymes and Their Potential Therapeutic Applications as Antibacterial and Antiviral Agents / P. I. Pradeepkumar and Claudia Höbartner -- Hammerhead Ribozymes Against Virus and Viroid RNAs / Alberto Carbonell, Ricardo Flores and Selma Gago -- Suppression of Hepatitis C Viral Genome Replication with RNA-Cleaving Deoxyribozyme / Dal-Hee Min and Dong-Eun Kim -- Design of Synthetic shRNAs for Targeting Hepatitis C: A New Approach to Antiviral Therapeutics / Brian H. Johnston and Qing Ge -- The Diverse Active Sites in Splicing, Debranching, and MicroRNA Processing Around RNA Phosphodiester Bonds / Sourav Kumar Dey, Eduardo Paredes, Molly Evans and Subha R. Das -- MicroRNAs and Their Antagonists as Novel Therapeutics / Jeppe Vinther, Jakob Lewin Rukov and Noam Shomron -- microRNAs in Human Diseases and Viral Infections / Alessandra Mescalchin and Tobias Restle -- Dysregulation of MicroRNA Expression and Human Diseases? / To-Ha Thai -- Noncoding RNAs: Identification of Cancer-Associated MicroRNAs / Muller Fabbri and George A. Calin -- Targeting Non-coding RNAs for Cancer Therapy / Satya K. Kota and Savithri Balasubramanian -- MicroRNA Pathways in Drosophila / Geetanjali Chawla and Nicholas S. Sokol -- Viroids: The Smallest Known Infectious Agents Cause Accumulation of Viroid-Specific Small RNAs / Jaroslav Matoušek, Detlev Riesner and Gerhard Steger.
- 2012 Springer ProtocolsKaufmann, M.; Klinger, Claudia.Prediction of protein tertiary structures using MUFOLD -- Prediction of protein functions -- Genome-wide screens for expressed hypothetical proteins -- Self-custom-made SFP arrays for nonmodel organisms -- Construction and analysis of full-length and normalized cdna libraries from citrus -- Assembling linear DNA templates for in vitro transcription and translation -- Automated computational analysis of genome-wide DNA methylation profiling data from help-tagging assays -- Detection of RNA editing events in human cells using high-throughput sequencing -- Comparative study of differential gene expression in closely related bacterial species by comparative hybridization -- Whole-genome RT-qPCR microRNA expression profiling -- Using quantitative real-time reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction to validate gene regulation by pttg -- FRET-based real-time DNA microarrays -- 2-D gel electrophoresis: Constructing 2D-gel proteome reference maps -- The use of antigen microarrays in antibody profiling -- Limited proteolysis in proteomics using protease-immobilized microreactors -- Mass spectrometry for protein quantification in biomarker discovery -- High-throughput microtitre plate-based assay for DNA topoisomerases -- Microscale thermophoresis as a sensitive method to quantify protein: Nucleic acid interactions in solution -- Bioluminescence resonance energy transfer: An emerging tool for the detection of protein-protein interaction in living cells -- LuMPIS: Luciferase-based MBP-pull-down protein interaction screening system -- Yeast two-hybrid screens: Improvement of array-based screening results by N- and C-terminally tagged fusion proteins -- Inducible microRNA-mediated knockdown of the endogenous human lamin A/C gene -- Multiple-gene silencing using antisense RNAs in escherichia coli -- Functional screen of zebrafish deubiquitylating enzymes by morpholino knockdown and in situ hybridization -- Silencing of gene expression by gymnotic delivery of antisense oligonucleotides -- Polycistronic expression of interfering RNAs from RNA polymerase III promoters -- Metabolite analysis of cannabis sativa l. By NMR spectroscopy -- Metabolome analysis of gram-positive bacteria such as staphylococcus aureus by GC-MS and LC-MS -- Metabolic fingerprinting using comprehensive two-dimensional gas chromatography-time-of-flight mass spectrometry.
- 2008 Springer ProtocolsSchaeffer-Reiss, Christine; Thompson, Julie D.; Ueffing, Marius.A brief summary of the different types of mass spectrometers used in proteomics / Christine Schaeffer-Reiss -- Experimental setups and considerations to study microbial interactions / Petter Melin -- Plant proteomics / Eric Sarnighausen and Ralf Reski -- Methods for human CD8+ T lymphocyte proteome analysis / Lynne Thadikkaran ... [et al.] -- Label-free proteomics of serum / Natalia Govorukhina, Peter Horvatovich, and Rainer Bischoff -- Flow cytometric analysis of cell membrane microparticles / Monique P. Gelderman and Jan Simak -- Exosomes / Joost P.J.J. Hegmans, Peter J. Gerber, and Bart N. Lambrecht -- Toward a full characterization of the human 20S proteasome subunits and their isoforms by a combination of proteomic approaches / Sandrine Uttenweiler-Joseph ... [et al.] -- Free-flow electrophoresis of the human urinary proteome / Mikkel Nissum and Robert Wildgruber -- Versatile screening for binary protein-protein interactions by yeast two-hybrid mating / Stef J.F. Letteboer and Ronald Roepman -- Native fractionation : isolation of native membrane-bound protein complexes from porcine rod outer segments using isopycnic density gradient centrifugation / Magdalena Swiatek-de Lange, Bernd Müller, and Marius Ueffing -- Mapping the signaling pathways by functional interaction proteomics / Alex von Kriegsheim, Christian Preisinger, and Walter Kolch -- Selection of recombinant antibodies by eukaryotic ribosome display / Mingyue He and Michael J. Taussig -- Production of protein arrays by cell-free systems / Mingyue He and Michael J. Taussig -- Nondenaturing mass spectrometry to study noncovalent protein/protein and protein/ligand complexes : technical aspects and application to the determination of binding stoichiometries / Sarah Sanglier ... [et al.] -- Protein processing characterized by a gel-free proteomics approach / Petra Van Damme ... [et al.] -- Identification and characterization of N-glycosylated proteins using proteomics / David S. Selby ... [et al.] -- Data standards and controlled vocabularies for proteomics / Lennart Martens, Luisa Montecchi Palazzi, and Henning Hermjakob -- The PRIDE proteomics identifications database : data submission, query, and dataset comparison / Philip Jones and Richard Côté -- Searching the protein interaction space through the MINT database / Andrew Chatr-aryamontri ... [et al.] -- PepSeeker : mining information from proteomic data / Jennifer A. Siepen, Julian N. Selley, and Simon J. Hubbard -- Toward high-throughput and reliable peptide identification via MS/MS spectra / Jian Liu -- MassSorter : peptide mass fingerprinting data analysis / Ingvar Eidhammer, Harald Barsnes and Svein-Ole Mikalsen -- Database similarity searches / Frédéric Plewniak -- Protein multiple sequence alignment / Chuong B. Do and Kazutaka Katoh -- Discovering biomedical knowledge from the literature / Jasmin Šaríc, Henriette Engelken, and Uwe Reyle -- Protein subcellular localization prediction using artificial intelligence technology / Rajesh Nair and Burkhard Rost -- Protein functional annotation by homology / Raja Mazumder, Sona Vasudevan, and Anastasia N. Nikolskaya -- Designability and disease / Philip Wong and Dmitrij Frishman -- Prism : protein-protein interaction prediction by structural matching / Ozlem Keskin, Ruth Nussinov, and Attila Gursoy -- Prediction of protein interaction based on similarity of phylogenetic trees / Florencio Pazos ... [et al.] -- Large multiprotein structures modeling and simulation : the need for mesoscopic models / Antoine Coulon, Guillaume Beslon, and Olivier Gandrillon -- Dynamic pathway modeling of signal transduction networks : a domain-oriented approach / Holger Conzelmann and Ernst-Dieter Gilles.
- 2014 SpringerAbmayr, Susan M.; Workman, Jerry L.Chromatin is the combination of DNA and proteins that make up the genetic material of chromosomes. It is essential for packaging DNA, regulation of gene expression, DNA replication and repair. The audience for this book includes newly established scientists, graduate students and scientists seeking detailed overviews of various aspects of chromatin structure and function to gain entry into this field. The chapters in this book give a strong, updated groundwork about the fundamentals of chromatin which are essential to understand epigenetics. Some the fundamentals that this book covers include the structure and biochemistry of chromatin and the enzyme complexes that manage it.
- 2013 Springer ProtocolsGlynn, Barry; O'Connor, Louise.Overview of invasive fungal infections / Nina L. Tuite and Katrina Lacey -- Fungal diagnostics : review of commercially available methods / Javier Yugueros Marcos and David H. Pincus -- Rapid methods for the extraction and archiving of molecular grade fungal genomic DNA / Andrew M. Borman, Michael Palmer, and Elizabeth M. Johnson -- APEX DNA microarray for the identification of pathogenic fungi / Arianna Tavanti, Stefano Landi, and Sonia Senesi -- Microscopic detection of yeasts using fluorescence in situ hybridization / João Inácio and Maria da Luz Martins -- Quantitative detection of Aspergillus spp. by real-time nucleic acid sequence-based amplification / Yanan Zhao and David S. Perlin -- Differentiation of fungi using hybridization probes on the LightCycler® / Stephan Fricke [and others] -- Quantitative and multiplex detection of pathogenic fungi using padlock probes, generic qPCR, and suspension array readout / Magnus Jobs, Ronnie Eriksson, and Jonas Blomberg -- Species-specific identification of a wide range of clinically relevant fungal pathogens by the Luminex® xMAP technology / S. Preuner and T. Lion -- Applied gene histopathology : identification of Fusarium species in FFPE tissue sections by in situ hybridization / Yoichiro Okubo [and others] -- Application of chip-based flow cytometry for amphotericin B and fluconazole susceptibility testing on Candida strains / Orsolya Bouquet [and others] -- Surface plasmon resonance genosensor for the detection of Fusarium culmorum / Michelangelo Pascale, Francesco Zezza, and Giancarlo Perrone -- Hyperbranching rolling circle amplification, an improved protocol for discriminating between closely related fungal species / Jiufeng Sun and Sybren de Hoog -- Loop-mediated isothermal amplification-based detection of Fusarium graminearum / Ludwig Niessen -- Multiplex-tandem PCR for fungal diagnostics / Anna Lau, Keith Stanley, and Tania Sorrell -- Specific detection of Pneumocystis jirovecii in clinical samples by flow cytometry / Joana Barbosa [and others].
- 2012 SpringerFuxreiter, Monika; Tompa, Peter.Fuzzy complexes : a more stochastic view of protein function / Monika Fuxreiter and Peter Tompa -- Dynamic fuzziness during linker histone action / Steven J. McBryant and Jeffrey C. Hansen -- Intrinsic protein flexibility in regulation of cell proliferation : advantages for signaling and opportunities for novel therapeutics / Ariele Viacava Follis, Charles A. Galea, and Richard W. Kriwacki -- Interplay between protein order, disorder and oligomericity in receptor signaling / Alexander B. Sigalov -- Consequences of fuzziness in the NFB/IB interaction / Elizabeth A. Komives -- Roles for intrinsic disorder and ̂fuzziness in generating context specific function in ultrabithorax : a hox transcription factor / Sarah E. Bondos and Hao Ching Hsiao -- Molecular recognition by the EWS transcriptional activation domain / Kevin A.W. Lee -- The measles virus NTAILXD complex : an illustrative example of fuzziness / Sonia Longhi -- Fuzziness in the core of the human pathogenic viruses HCV and HIV / Roland Ivanyi Nagy and Jean Luc Darlix -- Structural disorder and protein elasticity / Sarah Rauscher and Røgis Pomès -- "Fuzziness" in the cellular interactome: a historical perspective / G. Rickey Welch.Also available: Print – 2012
- 2006 CRCnetBASEHaga, Tatsuya; Takeda, Shigeki.
- 2011 CRCnetBASEWu, William; Kaufman, Peter B.; Welsh, Michael J.; Zhang, Helen H."The third edition of this popular reference covers a variety of techniques related to gene manipulation, including DNA isolation, preparation, screening, and analysis. Topics range from very basic methods to current and sophisticated technologies, including methodologies created and tested by the authors. Other topics include approaches to grant funding and SiRNA technology. The authors offer detailed, step-by-step explanations of protocols and helpful troubleshooting guides. This edition features new techniques for every chapter, as well as several new chapters"--Provided by publisher.
- 2015 Springer ProtocolsBo, Xuenong; Verhaagen, Joost.Adeno-Associated Viral Vectors for Gene Delivery to the Nervous System -- Lentiviral Vectors for Gene Delivery to the Nervous System -- Gene Therapy for Parkinson's Disease: AAV-5-Mediated Delivery of Glial Cell Line-Derived Neurotrophic Factor (GDNF) -- Gene Delivery and Gene Therapy for Alzheimer's Disease -- Gene Therapy for Huntington's Disease -- Gene Therapy Approaches to Promoting Axonal Regeneration After Spinal Cord Injury -- Gene Delivery to Neurons of the Dorsal Root Ganglia Using Adeno-Associated Viral Vectors -- Targeted Gene Therapy for Ischemic Stroke -- Adeno-Associated Viral Gene Therapy for Retinal Disorders -- Gene Therapy for Epilepsies -- AAV Gene Therapy Strategies for Lysosomal Storage Disorders with Central Nervous System Involvement -- Gene Therapy in Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA) Models Using Intracerebroventricular Injection into Neonatal Mice -- Gene Therapy for Chronic Pain: How to Manipulate and Unravel Pain Control Circuits from the Brain? -- Gene Therapy Approaches Using Reproducible and Fully Penetrant Lentivirus-Mediated Endogenous Glioma Models
- 2015 Springer ProtocolsLu, Long Jason.Microarray Transposon Tracking for the Mapping of Conditionally Essential Genes in Campylobacter jejuni -- Identifying Essential Streptococcus sanguinis Genes Using Genome-Wide Deletion Mutation -- Defining Essential Genes and Identifying Virulence Factors of Porphyromonas gingivalis by Massively-Parallel Sequencing of Transposon Libraries (Tn-seq) -- Identification of Essential Genes and Synthetic Lethal Gene Combinations in Escherichia coli K-12 -- Identification of Genes Essential for Leptospirosis -- Identifying Essential Genes in Mycobacterium tuberculosis by Global Phenotypic Profiling -- Essential Genes in the Infection Model of Pseudomonas aeruginosa-PCR-Based Signature-Tagged Mutagenesis -- Genome-Wide Synthetic Genetic Screening by Transposon Mutagenesis in Candida albicans -- An Integrated Machine-Learning Model to Predict Prokaryotic Essential Genes -- A Statistical Framework for Improving Genomic Annotations of Transposon Mutagenesis (TM) Assigned Essential Genes -- A Proposed Essential Gene Discovery Pipeline: A Campylobacter jejuni Case Study -- Computational Prediction of Essential Metabolic Genes Using Constraint-Based Approaches -- Three Computational Tools for Predicting Bacterial Essential Genes -- Gene Essentiality Analysis Based on DEG 10, an Updated Database of Essential Genes -- Discovering Essential Domains in Essential Genes.
- 2011 Springer ProtocolsO'Driscoll, Lorraine.Real-time PCR and multiplex approaches / Olga L. Gurvich and Mikhail Skoblov -- Reverse-transcriptase polymerase chain reaction to detect extracellular mRNAs / Sweta Rani and Lorraine O'Driscoll -- Microarray analysis of mRNAs : experimental design and data analysis fundamentals / Jai Prakash Mehta -- Software and tools for microarray data analysis / Jai Prakash Mehta and Sweta Rani -- Analysis of gene expression as relevant to cancer cells and circulating tumour cells / Anne M. Friel, John Crown, and Lorraine O'Driscoll -- Gene expression profiling in formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissues using the whole-genome DASL assay / Craig S. April and Jian-Bing Fan -- MicroRNA expression analysis : techniques suitable for studies of intercellular and extracellular MicroRNAs / Erica Hennessy and Lorraine O'Driscoll -- Western blotting analysis as a tool to study receptor tyrosine kinases / Serena Germano and Lorraine O'Driscoll -- 2D gel electrophoresis and mass spectrometry identification and analysis of proteins / Paula Meleady -- Design, construction, and analysis of cell line arrays and tissue microarrays for gene expression analysis / Kathy Gately, Keith Kerr, and Ken O'Byrne -- Immunohistochemical and immunofluorescence procedures for protein analysis / Kishore Reddy Katikireddy and Finbarr O'Sullivan -- Advanced microscopy : laser scanning confocal microscopy / Orla Hanrahan, James Harris, and Chris Egan -- Isolation of exosomes for subsequent mRNA, microRNA, and protein profiling / Sweta Rani [and others] -- Atomic force microscopy and high-content analysis : two innovative technologies for dissecting the relationship between epithelial-mesenchymal transition-related morphological and structural alterations and cell mechanical properties / Stephen T. Buckley, Anthony M. Davies, and Carsten Ehrhardt.
- 2012 Springer ProtocolsDeplancke, Bart; Gheldof, Nele.pt. I. Regulatory state components. 1. How do you find transcription factors? Computational approaches to compile and annotate repertoires of regulators for any genome / Juan M. Vaquerizas, Sarah A. Teichmann, and Nicholas M. Luscombe. 2. Expression pattern analysis of regulatory transcription factors in Caenorhabditis elegans / Huiyun Feng, Hannah L. Craig, and Ian A. Hope. 3. High-throughput SELEX determination of DNA sequences bound by transcription factors in vitro / Nobuo Ogawa and Mark D. Biggin. 4. Convenient determination of protein-binding DNA sequences using quadruple 9-mer-based microarray and DsRed-monomer fusion protein / Min-Jeong Kim, Pil Joong Chung, Tae-Ho Lee, Tae-Hoon Kim, Baek Hie Nahm, and Yeon-Ki Kim. 5. Analysis of specific protein-DNA interactions by bacterial one-hybrid assay / Marcus B. Noyes. 6. MITOMI : a microfluidic platform for in vitro characterization of transcription factor-DNA interaction / Sylvie Rockel, Marcel Geertz, and Sebastian J. Maerkl. 7. Detecting protein-protein interactions with the split-ubiquitin sensor / Alexander Dünkler, Judith Müller, and Nils Johnsson. 8. Genome-wide dissection of posttranscriptional and posttranslational interactions / Mukesh Bansal and Andrea Califano. 9. Linking cellular signalling to gene expression using EXT-encoded reporter libraries / Anna Botvinik and Moritz J. Rossner. 10. Sample preparation for small RNA massive parallel sequencing / Willemijn M. Gommans and Eugene Berezikov -- pt. II. Genomic components. 11. CAGE (cap analysis of gene expression) : a protocol for the detection of promoter and transcriptional networks / Hazuki Takahashi, Sachi Kato, Mitsuyoshi Murata, and Piero Carninci. 12. Detecting DNaseI-hypersensitivity sites with MLPA / Thomas Ohnesorg, Stefanie Eggers, and Stefan J. White. 13. Detecting long-range chromatin interactions using the chromosome conformation capture sequencing (4C-seq) method / Nele Gheldof, Marion Leleu, Daan Noordermeer, Jacques Rougemont, and Alexandre Reymond -- pt. III. Mapping protein-DNA interactions. 14. Analyzing transcription factor occupancy during embryo development using ChIP-seq / Yad Ghavi-Helm and Eileen E.M. Furlong. 15. Genome-wide profiling of DNA-binding proteins using barcode-based multiplex solexa sequencing / Sunil Kumar Raghav and Bart Deplancke. 16. Computational analysis of protein-DNA interactions from ChIP-seq data / Jacques Rougemont and Felix Naef. 17. Using a yeast inverse one-hybrid system to identify functional binding sites of transcription factors / Jizhou Yan and Shawn M. Burgess. 18. Using cisTargetX to predict transcriptional targets and networks in Drosophila / Delphine Potier, Zeynep Kalender Atak, Marina Naval Sanchez, Carl Herrmann, and Stein Aerts. 19. Proteomic methodologies to study transcription factor function / Harry W. Jarrett. 20. High-throughput gateway-compatible yeast one-hybrid screen to detect protein-DNA interactions / Korneel Hens, Jean-Daniel Feuz, and Bart Deplancke -- pt. IV. Visualization GRNs. 21. BioTapestry : a tool to visualize the dynamic properties of gene regulatory networks / William J.R. Longabaugh -- pt. V. Modeling of GRNs. 22. Implicit methods for qualitative modeling of gene regulatory networks / Abhishek Garg, Kartik Mohanram, Giovanni De Micheli, and Ioannis Xenarios.
- 2012 Springer ProtocolsPeccoud, Jean.Part I. Assembly of oligonucleotides in synthons. Building block synthesis using the polymerase chain assembly method / Julie A. Marchand and Jean Peccoud. Oligonucleotide assembly in yeast to produce synthetic DNA fragments / Daniel G. Gibson. Topdown real-time gene synthesis / Mo Chao Huang [and others] De novo DNA synthesis using single-molecule PCR / Tuval Ben Yehezekel, Gregory Linshiz, and Ehud Shapiro -- Part II. Synthon assembly. SLIC : a method for sequence- and ligation-independent cloning / Mamie Z. Li and Stephen J. Elledge. Assembly of standardized DNA parts using bioBrick ends in E. coli / Olivia Ho-Shing [and others] Assembling DNA fragments by USER fusion / Narayana Annaluru [and others] Fusion PCR via novel overlap sequences / Kamonchai Cha-aim [and others] Using recombineering to generate point mutations : the oligonucleotide-based "Hit and Fix" method / Suhwan Chang, Stacey Stauffer, and Shyam K. Sharan. Using recombineering to generate point mutations : galK-based positive-negative selection method / Kajal Biswas, Stacey Stauffer, and Shyam K. Sharan. Assembling large DNA segments in yeast / Héloïse Muller [and others] Recursive construction of perfect DNA molecules and libraries from imperfect oligonucleotides / Gregory Linshiz, Tuval Ben Yehezkel, and Ehud Shapiro. Cloning whole bacterial genomes in yeast / Gwynedd A. Benders. Production of infectious poliovirus from synthetic viral genomes / Jeronimo Cello and Steffen Muller -- Part III. Software for gene synthesis. In silico design of functional DNA constructs / Alan Villalobos, Mark Welch, and Jeremy Minshull. Using DNAworks in designing oligonucleotides for PCR-based gene synthesis / David Hoover. De novo gene synthesis design using TmPrime software / Mo-Huang Li [and others] Design-a-gene with GeneDesign / Sarah M. Richardson [and others] -- Part IV. Education and security. Leading a successful iGEM team / Wayne Materi. The Build-a-Genome course / Eric M. Cooper [and others] DNA synthesis security / Ali Nouri and Christopher F. Chyba.
- 2015 SpringerBerkhout, Ben; Ertl, Hildegund C. J.; Weinberg, Marc S.Gene therapies for hepatitis C virus / Monique M.A. Verstegen, Qiuwei Pan, and Luc J.W. van der Laan -- Recent advances in use of gene therapy to treat hepatitis B virus infection / Kristie Bloom, Abdullah Ely, and Patrick Arbuthnot -- U1interference (U1i) for antiviral approaches / Lorea Blázquez and Puri Fortes -- Gene therapy strategies to block HIV-1 replication by RNA interference / Elena Herrera-Carrillo and Ben Berkhout -- HIV and ribozymes / Robert J. Scarborough and Anne Gatignol -- Editing CCR5: a novel approach to HIV gene therapy / Tatjana I. Cornu, Claudio Mussolino, Kristie Bloom, and Toni Cathomen -- Synthetic DNA approach to cytomegalovirus vaccine/immune therapy / Stephan J. Wu, Daniel O. Villarreal, Devon J. Shedlock, and David B. Weiner -- Vector-mediated antibody gene transfer for infectious diseases / Bruce C. Schnepp and Philip R. Johnson -- HIV latency and the non-coding RNA therapeutic landscape / Sheena Saayman, Thomas C. Roberts, Kevin V. Morris, and Marc S. Weinberg -- C peptides as entry inhibitors for gene therapy / Lisa Egerer, Hans-Peter Kiem, and Dorothee von Laer -- Aptamer-siRNA chimeras for HIV / Mayumi Takahashi, John C. Burnett, and John J. Rossi -- Index.Also available: Print – 2015
- v. 1-, 2008- Springer ProtocolsLe Doux, Joseph M.v. 1. Production and in vivo applications of gene transfer vectors. Preparation and quantification of pseudotyped retroviral vector / Hong Yu and Young Jik Kwon. Production of retroviral vectors for clinical use / Kenneth Cornetta, Lilith Reeves, and Scott Cross. Methods for the production of helper-dependent adenoviral vectors / Donna J. Palmer and Philip Ng. Methods for the production of first generation adenoviral vectors / Donna J. Palmer and Philip Ng. Large-scale production of recombinant adeno-associated viral vectors / Alejandro Negrete and Robert M. Kotin. Construction and production of recombinant herpes simplex virus vectors / William F. Goins ... [et al.] Plasmid-based gene transfer in mouse skeletal muscle by electroporation / Jonathan D. Schertzer and Goron S. Lynch. Chitosan nanoparticle-mediated gene transfer / Dongwon Lee and Shyam S. Mohapatra. PEG-PEI copolymers for oligonucleotide delivery to cells and tissues / Gordon J. Lutz, Shashank R. Sirsi, and Jason H. Williams. Non-viral gene delivery with cationic liposome-DNA complexes / Kai K. Ewert ... [et al.] Applications of lentiviral vectors in noninvasive molecular imaging / Abhijit De ... [et al.] Retroviral modification of mesenchymal stem cells for gene therapy of hemophilia A / Christopher B. Doering. Transduction of murine hematopoietic stem cells and in vivo selection of gene-modified cells / Lucienne M. Ide, Elisabeth Javazon, and H. Trent Spencer. Assessment of CFTR function after gene transfer in vitro and in vivo / Uta Griesenbach ... [et al.] Oncolytic adenoviruses for cancer gene therapy / Ta-Chiang Liu, Stephen H. Thorne, and David H. Kirn. Design of trans-splicing adeno-associated viral vectors for Duchenne muscular dystrophy gene therapy / Yi Lai ... [et al.] Prevention of type 1 diabetes in NOD mice by genetic engineering of hematopoietic stem cells / Jessamyn Bagley, Charoui Tian, and John Iacomini. Lentiviral vector delivery of siRNA and shRNA encoding genes into cultured and primary hematopoietic cells / Mingjie Li and John J. Rossi. Nanoparticle-mediated gene delivery to the lung / Rajagopal Ramesh. Retroviral-mediated gene therapy for the differentiation of primary cells into a mineralizing osteoblastic phenotype / Jennifer E. Phillips and Andrés J. García. In vivo siRNA delivery to the mouse hypothalamus shows a role of the co-chaperone XAP2 in regulating TRH transcription / Stéphanie Decherf, Zahra Hassani, and Barbara A. Demeneix. Efficient retroviral gene transfer to epidermal stem cells / Pedro Lei and Stelios T. Andreadis.
- 2012 ScienceDirectFriedmann, Theodore.General principles of retrovirus vector design / Tammy Chang and Jiing-Kuan Yee -- Strategies for retrovirus-based correction of severe, combined immunodeficiency (SCID) / Alain Fischer, Salima Hacein-Bey-Abina, and Marina Cavazzana-Calvo -- Retrovirus and lentivirus vector design and methods of cell conditioning / Samantha Cooray, Steven J. Howe, and Adrian J. Thrasher -- Analysis of the clonal repertoire of gene-corrected cells in gene therapy / Anna Paruzynski ... [et al.] -- Developing novel lentiviral vectors into clinical products / Anna Leath and Kenneth Cornetta -- Lentivirus vectors in [beta]-thalassemia / Emmanuel Payen ... [et al.] -- Gene therapy for chronic granulomatous disease / Elizabeth M. Kang and Harry L. Malech -- Alternative splicing caused by lentiviral integration in the human genome / Arianna Moiani and Fulvio Mavilio -- Genotoxicity assay for gene therapy vectors in tumor prone mice / Eugenio Montini and Daniela Cesana -- Lentiviral hematopoietic cell gene therapy for X-linked adrenoleukodystrophy / Nathalie Cartier ... [et al.] -- Retroviral replicating vectors in cancer / Christopher R. Logg ... [et al.] -- Adeno-associated virus vectorology, manufacturing, and clinical applications / Joshua C. Grieger and R. Jude Samulski -- Gene delivery to the retina : from mouse to man / Jean Bennett, Daniel C. Chung, and Albert Maguire -- Generation of hairpin-based RNAi vectors for biological and therapeutic application / Ryan L. Boudreau and Beverly L. Davidson -- Recombinant adeno-associated viral vector reference standards / Philippe Moullier and Richard O. Snyder -- NIH oversight of human gene transfer research involving retroviral, lentiviral, and adeno-associated virus vectors and the role of the NIH Recombinant DNA Advisory Committee / Marina O'Reilly ... [et al.] -- Regulatory structures for gene therapy medicinal products in the European Union / Bettina Klug ... [et al.].
- 2008 SpringerSandberg, Avery A.; Stone, John F.Also available: Print – 2008
- 2003 KargerKohl, Susanne; Langenbeck, U.; Wissinger, B.A glimpse into genomeland / Langenbeck, U. -- Epidemiology of hereditary ocular disorders / Rosenberg, T. -- Interactions of genes and environment in myopia / Feldkämper, M., Schaeffel, F. -- A molecular perspective on corneal dystrophies / Vincent, A.L., Rootman, D., Munier, F.L., Héon, E. -- Molecular genetics of cataract / Hejtmancik, J.F., Smaoui, N. -- Progress in the genetics of glaucoma / Weisschuh, N., Schiefer U. -- LHON and other optic nerve atrophies: the mitochondrial connection / Howell, N. -- Retinitis pigmentosa: genes, proteins and prospects / Hims, M.M., Diager, S.P., Inglehearn, C.F. -- Bardet-Biedl syndrome and Usher syndrome / Koenig, R. -- Genetic defects in vitamin A metabolism of the retinal pigment epithelium / Thompson, D.A., Gal, A. -- Genetics of macular dystrophies and implications for age-related macular degeneration / Klaver, C.C.W., Allikmets, R. -- Genetics of color vision deficiencies / Deeb, S.S., Kohl, S. -- Gene therapy and animal models for retinal disease / Dejneka, N.S., Rex, T.S., Bennett, J. -- Support for patients loosing [sic] sight / Trauzettel-Klosinski, S., Hahn, G.0A. - Author index -- Subject index.Also available: Print – 2003
- 2016 SpringerCathomen, Toni; Hirsch, Matthew; Porteus, Matthew H.
- 2012 SpringerDenny, Paul; Kole, Chittaranjan.Genomics in the sea urchin : new perspectives on a perennial model system / Katherine M. Buckley amd Jonathan P. Rast -- Genome mapping and genomics of Caenorhabditis elegans / Jonathan Hodgkin, Michael Paulini, and mary Ann Tuli -- Genome mapping and genomics in Drosophila / Boris Adryan and Steven Russell -- Genome structure, functional genomics, and proteomics in ascidians / Yasunori Sasakura, Nicolas Sierro, Kenta Nakai, Kazuo Inaba, and takehiro G. Kusakabe -- Punching above their weight : the compact genomes of pufferfishes / Brian Cusack and Hugues Roest Crollius -- Medaka genomics and the methods and resources for decoding genomic functions / Tetsuaki Kimura, Yasuhiro Kamei, Yusuke Takehana, Takao Sasado, and Kiyoshi Naruse -- Xenopus genomics and genetics : progress and prospects / Amy K. Sater and Michael J. Gilchrist -- Mouse genome mapping and genomics / Paul Denny -- Rat genome mapping and genetics / Claude Szpirer and Göran Levan.
- 2002 NCBI BookshelfBrown, T. A.
- 2002 ebraryDeSalle, Rob; Yudell, Michael.Making the genome public : the American Museum of Natural History and the coming age of genomics / Michael Yudell and Rob DeSalle -- Genome science and the new frontier -- Introduction / Nicholas Wade -- What does knowing about genomes mean for science and society? / Harold Varmus -- Sequencing the human genome : elucidating our genetic blueprint / Eric Green -- Whole-genome shotgun sequencing / J. Craig Venter -- After the genome: where should we go? / Leroy Hood -- Applications of genomics to medicine and agriculture -- Introduction / Robert Bazell -- Genomics : a rapid road from gene to patient / William Haseltine -- The origins of cancer and the human genome / Arnold J. Levine -- Gene diversity in the endorphin system: SNPs, chips, and possible implications / Mary Jeanne Kreek -- Genomics and biotechnology in agriculture / Barbara A. Schaal -- Exploring human variation : understanding identity in the genomic era -- Introduction / Rob DeSalle -- Using maternal and paternal genes to unlock human history / Douglas C. Wallace -- Eugenics, the genome, and human rights / Daniel J. Kevles -- Redesigning the self: the promise and perils of genetic enhancement / David J. Rothman and Sheila M. Rothman -- Financial, legal, and ethical issues and the new genomics -- Introduction / Michael Waldholz -- Investing in the biotechnology sector / Kris H. Jenner -- The role of patents in exploiting the genome / Rebecca Eisenberg -- Social side effects of the new human molecular genetic diagnostics / Troy Duster -- Mapping morality : the rights and wrongs of genomics / Arthur l. Caplan -- Summing up : finding our way through the revolution / Kathi E. Hanna.
- 2012 Springer ProtocolsFeuk, Lars.What have studies of genomic disorders taught us about our genome / Alexandra D. Simmons, Claudia M.B. Carvalho, and James R. Lupski -- Microdeletion and microduplication syndromes / Lisenka E.L.M. Vissers and Paweł Stankiewicz -- Structural genomic variation in intellectual disability / Rolph Pfundt and Joris A. Veltman -- Copy number variation and psychiatric disease risk / Rebecca J. Levy [and others] -- Detection and characterization of copy number variation in autism spectrum disorder / Christian R. Marshall and Stephen W. Scherer -- Structural variation in subtelomeres / M. Katharine Rudd -- Array-based approaches in prenatal diagnosis / Paul D. Brady [and others] -- Structural variation and its effect on expression / Louise Harewood, Evelyne Chaignat, and Alexandre Reymond -- Challenges of studying complex and dynamic regions of the human genome / Edward J. Hollox -- Population genetic nature of copy number variation / Per Sjodin and Mattias Jakobsson -- Detection and interpretation of genomic structural variation in mammals / Ira M. Hall and Aaron R. Quinlan -- Structural genetic variation in the context of somatic mosaicism / Jan P. Dumanski and Arkadiusz Piotrowski -- Online resources for genomic structural variation / Tam P. Sneddon and Deanna M. Church -- Algorithm implementation for CNV discovery using affymetrix and illumina SNP array data / Laura Winchester and Jiannis Ragoussis -- Targeted screening and validation of copy number variations / Shana Ceulemans, Karlijn van der Ven, and Jurgen Del-Favero -- High-resolution copy number profiling by array CGH using DNA isolated from formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissues / Hendrik F. van Essen and Bauke Ylstra -- Characterizing and interpreting genetic variation from personal genome sequencing / Anna C.V. Johansson and Lars Feuk -- Massively parallel sequencing approaches for characterization of structural variation / Daniel C. Koboldt [and others].
- 2014 SpringerMarko-Varga, György A.This book offers a valuable resource that allows students, researchers, educators and the general public to learn about proteomics and genomics. Chromosomes form the basis for our genetic heritage and are the code for protein synthesis. The Human Genome Map was presented in 2002, and the Proteome Sequence Map is currently being created by a global consortia initiative. Proteome and genome building blocks already form the basis of scientific research areas and shape major areas of the pharmaceutical and biomedical industries. The book provides background information on and our current understanding of these gene and protein areas, and explains in detail how cutting-edge science is using these resources to develop new medicines and new diagnostics for patient treatment and care. The book will benefit all students and researchers who need a good understanding of genomics and proteomics within the clinical field. Its content is also suitable for a broad readership, including those not specialized in this field. Dr. Marko-Varga is head of Div. Clinical Protein Science & Imaging at the Biomedical Center, Dept. of Measurement Technology and Industrial Electrical Engineering, Lund University. He's also Professor at the 1st Department of Surgery, Tokyo Medical University, Tokyo, Japan.
- 2008 Springer ProtocolsElaswarapu, Ramnath; Starkey, Michael P.Protein profiling based on two-dimensional difference gel electrophoresis / Gert Van den Bergh and Lutgarde Arckens -- Quantitative protein profiling by mass spectrometry using isotope-coded affinity tags / Arsalan S. Haqqani, John F. Kelly, and Danica B. Stanimirovic -- Quantitative protein profiling by mass spectrometry using label-free proteomics / Arsala S. Haqqani, John F. Kelly, and Danica B. Stanimirovic -- Using 2D-LC-MS/MS to identify Francisella tularensis peptides in extracts from an infected mouse macrophage cell line / John F. Kelly and Wen Ding -- Baculovirus expression vector system : an emerging host for high-throughput eukaryotic protein expression / Binesh Shrestha, Carol Smee, and Opher Gileadi -- Coimmunoprecipitation and proteomic analyses / S. Fabio Falsone, Bernd Gesslbauer, and Andreas J. Kungl -- Tandem affinity purification combined with mass spectrometry to identify components of protein complexes / Peter Kaiser ... [et al.] -- Mammalian two-hybrid assay for detecting protein-protein interactioins in vivo / Runtao He and Xuguang Li -- Detection of protein-protein interactions in live cells and animals with split firefly luciferase protein fragment complementation / Victor Villalobos, Snehal Naik, and David Piwnica-Worms -- Subcellular localization of intracellular human proteins by construction of tagged fusion proteins and transient expression in COS-7 cells / John E. Collins -- GeneFAS : a tool for the prediction of gene function using multiple sources of data / Trupti Joshi ... [et al.] --Comparative genomics-based prediction of protein function / Toni Gabaldón -- Design, manufacture, and assay of the efficacy of siRNAs for gene silencing / Louise A. Dawson and Badar A. Usmani. Whole genome amplification with Phi29 DNA polymerase to enable genetic or genomic analysis of samples of low DNA yield / Kaisa Silander and Janna Saarela -- Scanning for DNA variants by denaturant capillary electrophoresis / Per O. Ekstrøm -- Identification of SNPs, or mutations in sequence chromatograms / Nicole Draper -- BeadArray-based genotyping / Helen Butler and Jiannis Ragoussis -- Microsattelite-based candidate gene linkage analysis studies / Cathryn Mellersh -- Full complexity genomic hybridization on 60-mer oligonucleotide microarrays for array comparative genomic hybridization (aCGH) / Alexei Protopopov, Bin Feng, and Lynda Chin -- Detection of copy number changes at multiple loci in DNA prepared from formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissue by multiplex ligation -dependent probe amplification / Minoru Takata -- Application of microarrays for DNA methylation profiling / Axel Schumacher, Andreas Weinhäusl, and Arturas Petronis -- Genomewide identification of protein binding locations using chromatin immunoprecipitation coupled with microarray / Byung-Kwan Cho, Eric M. Knight, and Bernhard Ø. Palsson -- Transcriptional profiling of small samples in the central nervous system / Stephen D. Ginsberg -- Quantitative expression profiling of RNA from formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissues using randomly assembled bead arrays / Marina Bibikova ... [et al.] -- Expression profiling of microRNAs in cancer cells : technical considerations / Mouldy Sioud and Lina Cekaite -- Identification of disease biomarkers by profiling of serum proteins using SELDI-TOF mass spectrometry / Sigrun Langbein -- The applicability of a cluster of differentiation monoclonal antibody microarray to the diagnosis of human disease / Peter Ellmark ... [et al.] --
- 2013 SpringerSchedl, Tim.Also available: Print – 2013
- 2013 SpringerBarańska, Jolanta.Also available: Print – 2013
- Glick, David M.
- 2006 Springer ProtocolsBrockhausen, Inka.Gene expression analysis of glycosylation-related genes by real-time polymerase chain reaction / Juan J. Garcia-Vallejo ... [et al.] -- Analysis of the glycodynamics of primary osteoblasts and bone cancer cells / Inka Brockhausen-Schutzbach, Xiaojing Yang, and Mark Harrison -- Micromethods for the characterization of lipid a core and o-antigen lipopolysaccharide / Cristina L. Marolda ... [et al.] -- Assays for a galactosyltransferase involved in the assembly of the O7 antigen repeat unit of escherichia coli / Inka Brockhausen-Schutzbach ... [et al.] -- High-throughput quantitation of metabolically labeled anionic glycoconjugates by scintillation proximity assay utilizing binding to cationic dyes / Karen J. Rees-Milton and Tassos P. Anastassiades -- Quantitative analysis of mucins in mucosal secretions using indirect ELISA / Pablo Argueso and Ilene K. Gipson -- Molecular dissection of the mouse zona pellucida: an electron microscopic perspective utilizing high-resolution colloidal-gold labeling methods / Frederick W. K. Kan -- Soluble adamantly glycosphingolipid analogs as probes of glycosphingolipid function / Clifford Lingwood ... [et al.] -- Diagnosis of Krabbe disease by use of a natural substrate / John W. Callahan and Marie-Anne Skomorowski -- In vitro assays of the functions of calnexin and calreticulin, lectin-chaperones of the endoplasmic reticulum / Breanna S. Ireland, Monika Niggemann, and David B. Williams -- Quantitative measurement of selectin-ligand interactions: assays to identify a sweet pill in a library of carbohydrates / Mark E. Beauharnois, Sriram Neelamegham, and Khushi L. Matta -- Sialic acid-binding specificities of siglecs / Nadine Bock and Soerge Kelm. The application of fluorophore-assisted carbohydrate -- Electrophoresis for the study of the dolichol pyrophosphate-linked oligosaccharides pathway in cell cultures and animal tissues / Ningguo Gao -- Partial purification of mannosylphosphorylundecaprenol synthase from micrococcus luteus: a useful enzyme for the biosynthesis of a variety of mannosylphosphorylpolyisoprenol products / Jeffrey S. Rush and Charles J. Waechter -- Assay of dolichyl-phospho-mannose synthase reconstituted in a lipid matrix / John S. Schutzbach -- O-mannosylation in mammalian cells / Tamao Endo and Hiroshi Manya -- Methods for analysis of unusual forms of o-glycosylation / Aleksandra Nita-Lazar and Robert S. Haltiwanger -- Structural analysis of naturally occurring sialic acids / Johannis P. Kamerling and Gerrit J. Gerwig -- Non-radioactive trans-sialidase screening assay / Silke Schrader and Roland Schauer -- Structural determination of o-glycans by tandem mass spectrometry / Catherine Robbe, Jean-Claude Michalski, and Calliope Capon -- Detailed structural analysis of n-glycans released from glycoproteins in SDS-page gel bands using HPLC combined with exoglycosidase array digestions / Louise Royle ... [et al.] -- Molecular modeling of glycosyltransferases / Anne Imberty ... [et al.] -- Galactoside_2,6-sialyltransferase (st6gal.i) and the sialyl_2,6-galactosyl-linkage in tissues and cell lines / Fabio Dall'Olio, Nadia Malagolini, and Mariella Chiricolo -- Visualizing intracellular distribution and activity of core 2 _(1,6)n-acetylglucosaminyltransferase-I (C2GNT-I) in living cells / Maelle Prorok-Hamon, Sylvie Mathieu, and Assou El-Battari --
- 2013 Springer ProtocolsBrockhausen, Inka.Glycan microarray screening assay for glycosyltransferase specificities / W. Peng, C.M. Nycholat and N. Razi -- A fluorescence-based assay for core 1 [beta]3galactosyltransferase (T-synthase) activity / T. Ju and R.D. Cummings -- Structural and biochemical analysis of a bacterial glycosyltransferase / F. Zhu ... [et al.] -- Study of the biological functions of mucin type core 3 O-glycans / S.H. Lee and M. Fukuda -- Generation of anti-sulfated glycan antibodies using sulfotransferase-deficient mice / H. Kawashima -- Fluorescent microscopy as a tool to elucidate dysfunction and mislocalization of golgi glycosyltransferases in COG complex depleted mammalian cells / R.A. Willett, I.D. Pokrovskaya and V.V. Lupashin -- A practical approach to reconstruct evolutionary history of animal sialyltransferases and gain insights into the sequence-function relationships of golgi-glycosyltransferases / D. Petit ... [et al.] -- Fluorescent lectin staining of drosophila embryos and tissues to detect the spatial distribution of glycans during development / E. Tian, L. Zhang and K.G. Ten Hagen -- Photoaffinity labeling of protein O-mannosyltransferases of the PMT1/PMT2 subfamily / M. Loibl and S. Strahl -- Enzymatic analysis of the protein O-glycosyltransferase, rumi, acting toward epidermal growth factor-like (egf) repeats / H. Takeuchi and R.S. Haltiwanger -- Enzymatic characterization of recombinant enzymes of O-glcNAc cycling / E.J. Kim and J.A. Hanover -- Antibodies and activity measurements for the detection of o-glcnac transferase and assay of its substrate, UDP-glcNAc / T. Lefebvre ... [et al.] -- In vitro glycosylation assay for bacterial oligosaccharyltransferases / M.A. Musumeci, M.V. Ielmini and M.F. Feldman -- In vitro UDP-sugar:Undecaprenyl-phosphate sugar-1-phosphate transferase assay and product detection by thin layer chromatography / K.B. Patel and M.A. Valvano -- In vitro O-antigen ligase assay / X. Ruan and M.A. Valvano -- Functional identification of bacterial glucosyltransferase WbdN / Y. Gao, A. Vinnikova and I. Brockhausen -- Methods for the pasteurella glycosaminoglycan synthases: Enzymes that polymerize hyaluronan, chondroitin, or heparosan chains / P.L. Deangelis -- Methods for measuring class i membrane-bound hyaluronan synthase activity / P.H. Weigel, A.J. Padgett-McCue and B.A. Baggenstoss -- Creation and characterization of glycosyltransferase mutants of Trypanosoma brucei / L. Izquierdo, M.L. Guther and M.A. Ferguson -- Mannose-6-phosphate: A regulator of LLO destruction / N. Gao and M.A. Lehrman -- N-acetylglucosaminyltransferase (GnT) assays using fluorescent oligosaccharide acceptor substrates: GnT-III, IV, V, and IX (GnT-Vb) / S. Takamatsu ... [et al.] -- A method for determination of UDP-GlcNAc: GlcNAc[beta]1-6(GlcNAc[beta]1-2)man[alpha]1-r [GlcNAc to man] beta1-4n-acetylglucosaminyltransferase vi activity / T. Taguchi and N. Taniguchi -- In vitro assays of orphan glycosyltransferases and their application to identify notch xylosyltransferases / M.K. Sethi ... [et al.] -- In vitro folding of [beta]-1,4galactosyltransferase and polypeptide-[alpha]-N-acetylgalactosaminyltransferase from the inclusion bodies / B. Ramakrishnan and P.K. Qasba -- An assay for [alpha] 1,6-fucosyltransferase (FUT8) activity based on the HPLC separation of a reaction product with fluorescence detection / H. Ihara ... [et al.] -- Immunodetection of glycosyltransferases in gastrointestinal tissues / J. Gomes and C.A. Reis -- Glycosyltransferases in chemo-enzymatic synthesis of oligosaccharides / B. Tefsen and I. van Die -- Tumor targeting by a carbohydrate ligand-mimicking peptide / S. Hatakeyama ... [et al.] -- Glycoengineering of human cell lines using zinc finger nuclease gene targeting: Simple cells with homogeneous GalNAc O-glycosylation allow isolation of the O-glycoproteome by one-step lectin affinity chromatography / C. Steentoft, E.P. Bennett and H. Clausen -- Generation of monoclonal antibodies to native active human glycosyltransferases / M.B. Vester-Christensen ... [et al.].
- 2007 Springer ProtocolsSugrue, Richard J.The use of monoclonal antibodies and lectins to identify changes in viral glycoproteins that are influenced by glycosylation : the case of respiratory syncytial virus attachment (G) glycoprotein / Joanna Rawling and José A. Melero -- Expression, glycosylation, and modification of the spike (S) glycoprotein of SARS-CoV / Shuo Shen, Timothy H.P. Tan, and Yee-Joo Tan -- Analysis of glycoproteins of viruses in the family bunyaviridae / Xiaohong Shi and Richard M. Elliott -- Secretion of respiratory syncytial virus fusion protein from insect cells using the baculovirus expression system / Boon-Huan Tan, Gaie Brown, and Richard J. Sugrue -- Characterization of the dengue virus envelope glycoprotein expressed in Pichia pastoris / Boon-Huan Tan, Jian Lin Fu, and Richard J. Sugrue -- Cloning, expression, and functional analysis of patient-derived hepatitis C virus glycoproteins / Alexander W. Tarr ... [et al.]. Viruses and glycosylation : an overview / Richard J. Sugrue -- Interaction between respiratory syncytial virus and glycosaminoglycans, including heparan sulfate / Louay K. Hallak, Steven A. Kwilas, and Mark E. Peeples -- Expression of the severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 3a protein and the assembly of coronavirus-like particles in the baculovirus expression system / Sehaam Khan, Mah-Lee Ng, and Yee-Joo Tan -- The C type lectins DC-SIGN and L-SIGN : receptors for viral glycoproteins / Pierre-Yves Lozach ... [et al.] -- Functional analysis of the N-linked glycans within the fusion protein of respiratory syncytial virus / Ping Li ... [et al.] -- Expression and purification of viral glycoproteins using recombinant vaccinia viruses for functional and structural studies / Zhu-Nan Li and David A. Steinhauer -- The use of two-dimensional SDS-PAGE to analyze the glycan heterogeneity of the respiratory syncytial virus fusion protein / Terence P. McDonald and Richard J. Sugrue --
- 2012 SpringerDupré, Denis J.; Hébert, Terence E.; Jockers, Ralf.ER-bound steps in the biosynthesis of G protein-coupled receptors / Christian Nanoff and Michael Freissmuth -- Role of chaperones in G Protein coupled receptor signaling complex assembly / Denis J. Dupré, Maha M. Hammad, Patrick Holland and Jaime Wertman -- GPCR oligomerization: contribution to receptor biogenesis / Kathleen Van Craenenbroeck -- The functional size of GPCRs: monomers, dimers or tetramers? / Darlaine Pétrin and Terence E. Hébert -- Regulation of post-Golgi traffic of G protein-coupled receptors / Guangyu Wu -- Regulated GPCR trafficking to the plasma membrane: general issues and the CCR5 chemokine receptor example / Hamasseh Shirvani, Gabriel Gätà and Stefano Marullo -- Regulatory processes governing the cell surface expression of LH and FSH receptors / Deborah L. Segaloff -- Chaperone-mediated assembly of G protein complexes / Barry M. Willardson and Christopher M. Tracy -- Synthesis and assembly of G protein [beta][gamma] dimers: comparison of in vitro and in vivo studies / Jane Dingus and John D. Hildebrandt -- Preferential assembly of G-[alpha][beta][gamma] complexes directed by the [gamma] subunits / Janet D. Robishaw -- G Protein trafficking / Philip B. Wedegaertner -- Differential assembly of GPCR signaling complexes determines signaling specificity / Pascal Maurice, Abla Benleulmi-Chaachoua and Ralf Jockers -- GPCR and voltage-gated calcium channels (VGCC) signaling complexes / Christophe Altier -- Pharmacological chaperones correct misfolded GPCRs and rescue function: protein trafficking as a therapeutic target / Guadalupe Maya-Núñez, Alfredo Ulloa-Aguirre, Jo Ann Janovick and P. Michael Conn.
- 2002 Springer ProtocolsHicks, Barry W.
- 2005 ScienceDirectBalch, William Edward; Der, Channing J.; Hall, A.Also available: Print – 2005
- 2005 ScienceDirectBalch, William Edward; Der, Channing J.; Hall, A.Also available: Print – 2005
- 2014 ScienceDirectCroy, B. A.The Guide to Investigation of Mouse Pregnancy is the first publication to cover the mouse placenta or the angiogenic tree the mother develops to support the placenta. This much-needed resource covers monitoring of the cardiovascular system, gestational programming of chronic adult disease, epigenetic regulation, gene imprinting, and stem cells. Offering detailed and integrated information on how drugs, biologics, stress, and manipulations impact pregnancy in the mouse model, this reference highlights techniques used to analyze mouse pregnancy.
- 2010 ScienceDirectFink, Gerald R.; Guthrie, Christine; Weissman, Jonathan.Also available: Print – 2010
- 2011 SpringerStanta, Giorgio.
- 2010 CRCnetBASELundblad, Roger L.; Macdonald, Fiona M."Offering a molecular perspective not available 20 years ago, [this edition] provides physical and chemical data on proteins, nucleic acids, lipids, and carbohydrates. Presented in an organized, concise, and simple-to-use format, this popular reference allows quick access to the most frequently used data. Covering a wide range of topics, from classical biochemistry to proteomics and genomics, it also details the properties of commonly used biochemicals, laboratory solvents, and reagents." --excerpts from book jacket.
- 2006 CRCnetBASESU Catalog (SearchWorks) Click LINK above for Print location/circulation status.Aluru, Srinivas.
- v. 1-4, 2002-2006. ScienceDirectHayat, M. A.v. 1. Molecular genetics; Lung and breast carcinomas -- v. 2. Molecular pathology; Colorectal carcinoma and prostate carcinoma -- v. 3. Molecular genetics; Liver carcinoma and pancreatic carcinoma -- v. 4. Molecular genetics; Gastrointestinal carcinoma and ovarian carcinoma.
- 2011 CRCnetBASECseke, Leland J."Reflecting the milestones in the field that have occurred since the publication of the first edition, this book provides an updated tool kit that incorporates conventional as well as modern approaches to tackling biological and medicinal research in the post genomic era. The authors have evaluated, revised, and sometimes replaced all protocols with more efficient, reliable, or simpler ones. The book is also completely reorganized and covers topics of modern "omics" approaches, including genomics, proteomics, and metabolomics. This is followed coverage of the Manipulation of Biological Systems, including RNAi, and the use of microscopy"--Provided by publisher.
- 2001 CRCnetBASEWillott, James F.
- 2009 SpringerLajtha, Abel; Mikoshiba, Katsuhiko.
- 2009 SpringerJavitt, Daniel C.; Kantrowitz, Joshua T.; Lajtha, Abel.Alterations of Neurotransmitter Receptors in Schizophrenia: Evidence from Postmortem Studies / L. V. Kristiansen, R. M. Cowell, M. Biscaia, R. E. McCullumsmith and J. H. Meador-Woodruff -- An Overview and Current Perspective on Family Studies of Schizophrenia / L. E. DeLisi -- Auditory Cortex Anatomy and Asymmetry in Schizophrenia / J. F. Smiley -- Cholinergic Mechanisms in Schizophrenia / T. J. Raedler and R. Freedman -- Cortical Dopamine in Schizophrenia / A. Abi-Dargham -- Dysbindin-1 and Its Protein Family With Special Attention to the Potential Role of Dysbindin-1 in Neuronal Functions and the Pathophysiology of Schizophrenia / K. Talbot, W.- Y. Ong, D. J. Blake, J. Tang and N. Louneva, et al. -- Early-Stage Visual Processing Deficits in Schizophrenia / P. D. Butler -- Event-Related Potentials (ERPs) in the Study of Schizophrenia: How Preclinical ERP Studies have Contributed to our Understanding of Schizophrenia / J. M. Phillips, C. R. Maxwell, R. S. Ehrlichman and S. J. Siegel -- G72/G30 in Neuropsychiatric Disorders / J. Shi, L. Cheng, E. S. Gershon and C. Liu -- Glutamatergic Approaches to the Conceptualization and Treatment of Schizophrenia / J. Kantrowitz and D. C. Javitt -- Hippocampus / S. Heckers -- Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy / P. Milev, S. Miranowski and K. O. Lim -- Neuregulin 1 and Schizophrenia / Y.-J. J. Chen, L. W. Role and D. A. Talmage -- Redox Dysregulation in Schizophrenia: Genetic Susceptibility and Pathophysiological Mechanisms / K. Q. Do, P. Bovet, J. H. Cabungcal, P. Conus and R. Gysin, et al. -- Synaptic Vesicle Associated Proteins and Schizophrenia / H. T. Kao and B. Porton -- The Neurobiology of Negative Symptoms and the Deficit Syndrome / B. A. Fischer, B. Kirkpatrick and W. T. Carpenter -- The Role of Prefrontal Abnormalities in Schizophrenia / M. J. Hoptman and K. A. Nolan.
- 2015 (30th ed.). AccessMedicine29th ed., 2012 AccessMedicineBender, David A.; Botham, Kathleen M.; Granner, Daryl K.; Harper, Harold A.; Kennelly, Peter J.; Mayes, Peter A.; Murray, Robert K.; Rodwell, Victor W.; Weil, P. Anthony.Also available: Print – 2003-<2015>
- 2013 Springer ProtocolsVivanco, Fernando.Large-scale characterization of the murine cardiac proteome / Jake Cosme, Andrew Emili, and Anthony O. Gramolini -- Determining protein concentrations of the human ventricular proteome / Arjen Scholten and Albert J.R. Heck -- Multidimensional protein identification technology for direct-tissue proteomics of heart / Dario Di Silvestre, Francesca Brambilla, and Pier Luigi Mauri -- Global protein quantification of mouse heart tissue based on the SILAC Mouse / Anne Konzer [and others] -- Global proteomic profiling and enrichment maps of dilated cardiomyopathy / Ruth Isserlin, Daniele Merico, and Andrew Emili -- Characterization of the human myocardial proteome in dilated cardiomyopathy by label-free quantitative shotgun proteomics of heart biopsies / Elke Hammer, Katrin Darm, and Uwe Völker -- Systems proteomics of healthy and diseased chromatin / Haodong Chen [and others] -- Proteomic analysis of interstitial aortic valve cells acquiring a pro-calcific profile / Millioni Renato [and others] -- Differential protein expression analysis of degenerative aortic stenosis by iTRAQ labeling / Sergio Alonso-Orgaz [and others] -- Characterization of zebrafish cardiac proteome using online pH Gradient SCX-RP HPLC-MS/MS Platform / Jiang Zhang [and others] -- Proteomic analysis of brain mitochondrial proteome and mitochondrial complexes / Ana Lopez-Campistrous and Carlos Fernandez-Patron -- Oxidative modifications of mitochondria complex II / Liwen Zhang [and others] -- Detection of O-GlcNAc modifications on cardiac myofilament proteins / Genaro A. Ramirez-Correa [and others] -- Quantification of mitochondrial S-nitrosylation by CysTMT 6 Switch Assay / Christopher I. Murray [and others] -- Identification of thioredoxin target protein networks in cardiac tissues of a transgenic Mouse / Cexiong Fu [and others] -- Using pure protein to build a multiple reaction monitoring mass spectrometry assay for targeted detection and quantitation / Eric Grote [and others] -- Sequential extraction methodology for cardiac extracellular matrix prior to proteomics analysis / Javier Barallobre-Barreiro [and others] -- Optimized method for identification of the proteomes secreted by cardiac cells / Miroslava Stastna and Jennifer E. Van Eyk -- Secretome of human aortic valves / Fernando de la Cuesta [and others] -- Comparative study of immunodepletion and equalization methods for aortic stenosis human plasma / Felix Gil-Dones [and others].
- 2013 Springer ProtocolsCzader, Magdalena.Quantitative BCR-ABL1 RQ-PCR fusion transcript monitoring in chronic myelogenous leukemia / Franklin R. Moore, Carole B. Rempfer, and Richard D. Press -- Detection of BCR-ABL1 kinase domain mutations causing imatinib resistance in chronic myelogenous leukemia / Franklin R. Moore, Fei Yang, and Richard D. Press -- Laboratory detection of JAK2 V617F in human myeloproliferative neoplasms / Jonathan S. Kui, Rosanny Espinal-Witter, and Y. Lynn Wang -- c-kit Mutational analysis in paraffin material / Karl Sotlar -- Detection of recurrent cytogenetic abnormalities in acute lymphoblastic and myeloid leukemias using fluorescence in situ hybridization / Gail H. Vance -- Liquid bead array technology in the detection of common translocations in acute and chronic leukemias / Rodney E. Shackelford [and others] -- Molecular genetic tests for FLT3, NPM1, and CEBPA in acute myeloid leukemia / Qing Zhang, Shaochun Bai, and Gail H. Vance -- Flow cytometric monitoring of residual disease in acute leukemia / Brent L. Wood -- Chimerism analysis following hematopoietic stem cell transplantation / Kathleen M. Murphy -- Detection of clonal immunoglobulin heavy chain gene rearrangements by the polymerase chain reaction and capillary gel electrophoresis / Hongxin Fan and Ryan S. Robetorye -- Detection of clonal T-cell receptor beta and gamma chain gene rearrangement by polymerase chain reaction and capillary gel electrophoresis / Hongxin Fan and Ryan S. Robetorye -- Detection of genetic translocations in lymphoma using fluorescence in situ hybridization / Kaaren K. Reichard and Sheldon Robinett -- Molecular detection of t(14;18)(q32;q21) in follicular lymphoma / C. Cameron Yin and Rajyalakshmi Luthra -- Molecular detection of t(11;14)(q13;q32) in mantle cell lymphoma / C. Cameron Yin and Rajyalakshmi Luthra -- Detection of t(2;5)(p23;q35) in anaplastic large-cell lymphoma by long-range nested polymerase chain reaction assay / C. Cameron Yin and Rajyalakshmi Luthra -- EBER in situ hybridization for Epstein-Barr virus / Lawrence M. Weiss and Yuan-Yuan Chen -- Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) load determination using real-time quantitative polymerase chain reaction / Hongxin Fan and Ryan S. Robetorye -- Molecular and immunohistochemical detection of kaposi sarcoma herpesvirus/human herpesvirus-8 / Amy Chadburn, Janet Wilson, and Y. Lynn Wang -- Detection of cytomegalovirus infection by quantitative polymerase chain reaction / Magdalena Czader, Kristin Post, and Liang Cheng -- Thiopurine S-methyltransferase pharmacogenetics in childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia / Jun J. Yang and Deepa Bhojwani -- MicroRNA expression profiling using microarrays / Cassandra Love and Sandeep Dave.
- 2008 Springer ProtocolsBunting, Kevin D.The expanding tool kit for hematopoietic stem cell research / William Tse and Kevin D. Bunting -- Isolation of quiescent murine hematopoietic stem cells by homing properties / Tarja A. Juopperi and Saul J. Sharkis -- Mobilization of hematopoietic stem and progenitor cells in mice / Simon N. Robinson and Ronald P. van Os -- Transmigration of human CD34⁺ cells / Seiji Fukuda and Louis M. Pelus -- Flow cytometry-based cell cycle measurement of mouse hematopoietic stem and progenitor cells / Hongmei Shen, Matthew Boyer, and Tao Cheng -- Analysis of apoptosis in hematopoietic stem cells by flow cytometry / William G. Kerr -- In vitro hematopoietic differentiation of murine embryonic stem cells / Jinhua Shen and Cheng-Kui Qu -- Hematopoietic development of human embryonic stem cells in culture / Xinghui Tian and Dan S. Kaufman -- In vitro human T cell development directed by notch-ligand interactions / Génève Awong, Ross N. La Motte-Mohs, and Juan Carlos Zuñiga-Pflücker -- In vitro assays for cobblestone area-forming cells, LTC-IC, and CFU-C / Ronald P. van Os, Bertien Dethmers-Ausema, and Gerald de Haan -- Hematopoietic stem cell transplant in mice by intra-femoral injection / Yuxia Zhan and Yi Zhao -- Hematopoietic stem cell transplant into non-myeloblated W/Wv mice to detect steady-state engraftment defects / Zhengqi Wang and Kevin D. Bunting -- Isolation and functional characterization of side population stem cells / Jonathan B. Johnnidis and Fernando D. Camargo -- Transplantation of chimeric fetal liver to study hematopoiesis / Sigrid Eckardt and K. John McLaughlin -- Immunodeficient mouse models to study human stem cell-mediated tissue repair / Ping Zhou ... [et al.] -- Retroviral transduction of murine hematopoietic stem cells / Peter Haviernik, Yi Zhang, and Kevin D. Bunting -- Lentiviral gene transduction of mouse and human stem cells / Zhaohui Ye, Xiaobing Yu, and Linzhao Cheng -- Retroviral integration site analysis in hematopoietic stem cells / Olga S. Kustikova, Christopher Baum, and Boris Fehse -- A detailed protocol for bacterial artificial chromosome recombineering to study essential genes in stem cells / Andriy Tsyrulnyk and Richard Moriggl -- Bioluminescence imaging of hematopoietic stem cell repopulation in murine models / Yuan Lin ... [et al.]
- 2010 Springer ProtocolsMaurel, Patrick.1. General review on in vitro hepatocyte models and their applications / Christiane Guguen-Guillouzo and Andre Guillouzo -- 2. Human foetal hepatocytes / Anne Weber ... [et al.] -- 3. Isolation and culture of primary hepatocytes from resected human liver tissue / Edward L. LeCluyse and Eliane Alexandre -- 4. Optimisation of the cryopreservation of primary hepatocytes / Nicola J. Hewitt -- 5. Cryopreservation of human hepatocytes for clinical use / Ragai R. Mitry, Sharon C. Lehec, and Robin D. Hughes -- 6. Hepatocyte differentiation / Katy M. Olsavsky Goyak, Elizabeth M. Laurenzana, and Curtis J. Omiecinski -- 7. Reversible manipulation of apoptosis sensitivity in cultured hepatocytes by matrix-mediated manipulation of signaling activities / Patricio Godoy ... [et al.] -- 8. Markers and signaling factors for stem cell differentiation to hepatocytes / Frédéric Lemaigre -- 9. Hepatic stem cells / Robert E. Schwartz and Catherine Verfaillie -- 10. Hepatic stem cells and liver development / Nalu Navarro-Alvarez, Alejandro Soto-Gutierrez, and Naoya Kobayashi -- 11. Generation of hepatocytes from human embryonic stem cells / Neta Lavon -- 12. Isolation and culture of adult human liver progenitor cells / Sabine Gerbal-Chaloin ... [et al.] -- 13. The HepaRG cell line / Marie-Jeanne Marion, Olivier Hantz, and David Durantel -- 14. Transdifferentiation of pancreatic cells to hepatocytes / Chia-Ning Shen and David Tosh -- 15. Evaluation of drug metabolism, drug-drug interactions and in vitro hepatotoxicity with cryopreserved human hepatocytes / Albert P. Li -- 16. The use of human hepatocytes to investigate drug metabolism and CYP enzyme induction / Sylvie Klieber ... [et al.] -- 17. The use of hepatocytes to investigate UDP-glucuronosyltransferases and sulfotransferases / Sylvie Fournel-Gigleux ... [et al.] -- 18. The use of hepatocytes to investigate drug uptake transporters / Kazuya Maeda and Yuichi Sugiyama -- 19. Metabonomic studies on human hepatocyte in primary culture / Vincent Croizmarie ... [et al.] -- 20. The application of HepRG cells in evaluation of cytochrome P450 induction properties of drug compounds / Tommy B. Andersson -- 21. The use of hepatocytes to investigate drug toxicity / María José Gómez-Lechón, José V. Castell, Maria Teresa Donato -- 22. The use of human hepatocytes to investigate bile acid synthesis / Ewa C.S. Ellis and Lisa-Mari Nilsson -- 23. The use of human hepatocytes to investigate blood coagulation factor / Christine Biron-Andréani ... [et al.] -- 24. Use of human hepatocytes to investigate HCV infection / Lydiane Pichard-Garcia ... [et al.] -- 25. The use of hepatocytes to investigate HDV infection / Camille Sureau -- 26. Rodent models of liver repopulation / Helène Gilgenkrantz -- 27. Chimeric mice with humanized liver / Stephen C. Strom, Julio Davila, and Markus Grompe -- 28. Bioartificial liver support systems / Gesine Pless -- 29. Human hepatocyte transplantation / Anil Dhawan ... [et al.].
- 2007Dudek, Ronald W.
- 2013 Springer ProtocolsWheeler, M. J.Hormone measurement is necessary for the diagnosis of a wide range of clinical conditions and is essential for monitoring the effectiveness of treatment. As the number of hormone requests in the clinical field rises exponentially, it has become imperative to create hormone assays accessible to researchers with a varied range of equipment. Hormone Assays in Biological Fluids, Second Edition reviews common techniques used to measure hormones as well as relatively new methods such as tandem mass spectrometry. Additionally, subsequent chapters detail methods for a broad range of hormones; Techniques and principles covered are transferable to a wide range of substances across species. Written in the successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible protocols, and notes on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Authoritative and easily accessible, Hormone Assays in Biological Fluids, Second Edition will serve students, technologists, laboratory scientists, and researchers looking to apply, or attain a greater understanding of, methods for measuring hormones.
- 2006 Springer ProtocolsHutchinson, J. S. M.; Wheeler, M. J.Immunoassay techniques / Michael J. Wheeler -- High-performance liquid chromatography for hormone assay / John W. Honour -- Gas chromatography-mass spectrometry / John W. Honour -- An introduction to PCR techniques / Gill Rumsby -- Methods for the investigation of thyroid function / Christine R. Squire -- Assays for LH, FSH, and prolactin / Michael J. Wheeler -- Adrenocorticotropic hormone and related peptides / Les A. Perry -- Measurement of glucocorticoids in biological fluids / Geoff Holder -- Urinary steroid profiling / Norman F. Taylor -- Measurement of aldosterone in blood / Marion L. Cawood -- Measurement of plasma renin activity / Marion L. Cawood -- Measurement of androgens / Michael J. Wheeler -- Measurement of gut hormones in plasma / Shahred Taheri, Mohammed Ghatei, and Steve Bloom -- Measurement of melatonin and 6-sulphatoxymelatonin / Benita Middleton.
- 2009 SpringerFuqua, Suzanne A. W.Also available: Print – 2009
- 2014 Springer ProtocolsGraba, Yacine; Rezsöhazy, René.Discovery and classification of homeobox genes in animal genomes / Ferdinand Marlétaz, Jordi Paps, Ignacio Maeso, and Peter W. H. Holland -- How to study hox gene expression and function in mammalian oocytes and early embryos / Delphine Paul, Caroline Sauvegarde, René Rezsohazy, and Isabelle Donnay -- Genetic lineage tracing analysis of anterior hox expressing cells / Brigitte Laforest, Nicolas Bertrand, and Stéphane Zaffran -- A genetic strategy to obtain P-Gal4 elements in the Drosophila hox genes / Luis de Navas, David Foronda, Delia del Saz, and Ernesto Sánchez-Herrero -- Hox complex analysis through BAC recombineering / Mark Parrish, Youngwook Ahn, Christof Nolte, Bony De Kumar and Robb Krumlauf -- The genetics of murine Hox loci : TAMERE, STRING, and PANTHERE to engineer chromosome variants / Patrick Tschopp and Denis Duboule -- Topological organization of Drosophila hox genes using DNA fluorescent in situ hybridization / Frédéric Bantignies and Giacomo Cavalli -- Mining the Cis-regulatory elements of hox clusters / Navneet Kaur Matharu and Rakesh K. Mishra -- Functional analysis of hox genes in Zebrafish / Franck Ladam and Charles G. Sagerström -- Transgenesis in non-model organisms : the case of Parhyale / Zacharias Kontarakis and Anastasios Pavlopoulos -- Tissue specific RNA isolation in Drosophila embryos : a strategy to analyze context dependent transcriptome landscapes using FACS / Arnaud Defaye and Laurent Perrin -- Hox transcriptomics in Drosophila embryos / Maria Polychronidou and Ingrid Lohmann -- Measuring hox-DNA binding by electrophoretic mobility / Kelly Churion [and four others] -- Chromatin immunoprecipitation and chromatin immunoprecipitation with massively parallel sequencing on mouse embryonic tissue / Shilu Amin and Nicoletta Bobola -- chIP for hox proteins from Drosophila imaginal discs / Pavan Agrawal and L. S. Shashidhara -- SELEX-seq : a method for characterizing the compete repertoire of binding site preferences for transcription factor complexes / Todd R. Riley [and six others] -- DamID as an approach to studyinhg long-distance chromatin iteractions / Fabienne Cléard, François Karch, and oRbert K. Maeda -- cgCHIP : a cell type- and gene-specific method for chromatin analysis / Marios Agelopoulos, Daniel J. McKay, and Ricahrd S. Mann -- Bimolecular fluorescence complementation (biFC) in live Drosophila embryos / Marilyne Duffraisse, Bruno Hudry, and Samir Merabet -- Rational drug repurposing using sscMap analysis in a HOX-TALE model of leukemia / Laura M. Kettyle, Fabio G. Liberante, and Alexander Thompson.
- 2002 CRCnetBASEGooding, Karen M.; Regnier, Fred E.
- 2011Strachan, T.; Read, Andrew P.Nucleic acid structure and gene expression -- Chromosome structure and function -- Genes in pedigrees and populations -- Cells and cell-cell communication -- Principles of development -- Amplifying DNA : cell-based DNA cloning and PCR -- Nucleic acid hybridization : principles and applications -- Analyzing the structure and expression of genes and genomes -- Organization of the human genome -- Model organisms, comparative genomics, and evolution -- Human gene expression -- Studying gene function in the post-genome era -- Human genetic variability and its consequences -- Genetic mapping of mendelian characters -- Mapping genes conferring susceptibility to complex diseases -- Identifying human disease genes and susceptibility factors -- Cancer genetics -- Genetic testing of individuals -- Pharmacogenetics, personalized medicine and population screening -- New approaches to therapy -- Genetic manipulation of animals for modeling disease and investigating gene function -- Genetic approaches to treating disease.
- 2014 Springer ProtocolsSteinitz, Michael.Human monoclonal antibodies : the residual challenge of antibody immunogenicity / Herman Waldmann -- Technical and ethical limitations in making human monoclonal antibodies (an overview) / Mark C. Glassy and Rishab Gupta -- Therapeutic human monoclonal antibodies in inflammatory diseases / Sotirios Kotsovilis and Evangelos Andreakos -- Therapeutic human monoclonal antibodies against cancer / Jamie Jarboe, Anumeha Gupta, and Wasif Saif -- Polyclonal and monoclonal antibodies in clinic / Bharath Wootla, Aleksandar Denic, and Moses Rodriguez -- Production of human monoclonal Antibodies by the Epstein-Barr virus method / Michael Steinitz -- Humanization and simultaneous optimization of monoclonal antibody / T. Kuramochi, T. Igawa, H. Tsunoda, and K. Hattori -- Chimeric Antibodies / Kohei Kurosawa, Waka Lin, and Kunihiro Ohta -- Recombinant genetic libraries and human monoclonal antibodies / Jarrett J. Adams, Bryce Nelson, and Sachdev S. Sidhu -- Production of stabilized scFv antibody fragments in the E. coli bacterial cytoplasm / Lilach Vaks and Itai Benhar -- Construction and production of an IgG-like tetravalent bispecific antibody, IgG-single-chain Fv fusion / Dan Lu and Zhenping Zhu -- Construction of human antibody gene libraries and selection of antibodies by phage display / André Frenzel [and others] -- Antigen-specific human monoclonal antibodies from transgenic mice / Susana Magadán Mompó and África González-Fernández -- Phage display technology for human monoclonal antibodies / Cecilia Deantonio [and others] -- Antigen-specific in vitro immunization : a source for human monoclonal antibodies / Kosuke Tomimatsu and Sanetaka Shirahata -- Methods for radiolabelling of monoclonal antibodies / Vladimir Tolmachev, Anna Orlova, and Karl Andersson -- Purification of human monoclonal antibodies and their fragments / Thomas Müller-Späth and Massimo Morbidelli -- Idiotype-specific intravenous immunoglobulin (IVIG) for therapy of autoimmune diseases / Miri Blank, Tomer Bashi, and Yehuda Shoenfeld.
- 2005 Springer ProtocolsZhu, Tuofu.
- Imaging and spectroscopic analysis of living cells. Imaging live cells in health and disease. 1st ed.2012 ScienceDirectConn, P. Michael.Section 1. Viruses, microbes, and parasites. Microbial cells analysis by atomic force microscopy / David Alsteens ; Understanding parasite transmission through imaging approaches / Mirko Singer and Freddy Frischknecht ; Multiphoton microscopy applied for real-time intravital imaging of bacterial infections in vivo / Ferdinand X. Choong ... [et al.] ; Analysis of virus entry and cellular membrane dynamics by single particle tracking / Helge Ewers and Mario Schelhaas ; Imaging of live malaria blood stage parasites / Christof Grüring and Tobias Spielmann ; Escherichia coli K1 invasion of human brain microvascular endothelial cells / Lip Nam Loh and Theresa H. Ward -- Section 2. Disease states. Real-time imaging after cerebral ischemia : model systems for visualization of inflammation and neuronal repair / Pierre Cordeau and Jasna Kriz ; In vivo real-time visualization of leukocytes and intracellular hydrogen peroxide levels during a zebrafish acute inflammation assay / Luke Pase, Cameron J. Nowell, and Graham J. Lieschke ; Imaging protein oligomerization in neurodegeneration using bimolecular fluorescence complementation / Federico Herrera, Susana Gonçalves, and Tiago Fleming Outeiro ; 3D/4D functional imaging of tumor-associated proteolysis : impact of microenvironment / Kamiar Moin ... [et al.] -- Section 3. Other techniques. Live cell imaging in live animals with fluorescent proteins / Robert M. Hoffman ; Protein activation dynamics in cells and tumor micro arrays assessed by time resolved Förster resonance energy transfer / Véronique Calleja, Pierre Leboucher, Banafshe ́Larijani ; Imaging stem cell differentiation for cell-based tissue repair / Zhenghong Lee ... [et al.] ; Understanding the initiation of B cell signaling through live cell imaging / Angel M. Davey ... [et al.] ; A quantitative method for measuring phototoxicity of a live cell imaging microscope / Jean-Yves Tinevez ... [et al.] ; High content screening of defined chemical libraries using normal and glioma-derived neural stem cell lines / Davide Danovi ... [et al.] ; High-throughput screening in primary neurons / Punita Sharma ... [et al.] ; Live imaging fluorescent proteins in early mouse embryos / Panagiotis Xenopoulos, Sonja Nowotschin, and Anna-Katerina Hadjantonakis ; Methods for three-dimensional analysis of dendritic spine dynamics / Enni Bertling ... [et al.] ; Imaging cell competition in Drosophila imaginal discs / Shizue Ohsawa ... [et al.] ; Live cell imaging of the oviduct / Sabine Kölle -- Computational quantification of fluorescent leukocyte numbers in zebrafish embryos / Felix Ellett and Graham J. Lieschke -- Four-dimensional tracking of lymphocyte migration and interactions in lymph nodes by two-photon microscopy / Masahiro Kitano and Takaharu Okada.
- 2001 CRCnetBASERonot, Xavier; Usson, Yves.
- 2013 SpringerMalyshev, Igor.A General Description of HSPs, The Molecular Structure of HSP70 and The HSP70 Cycle -- The Functions of HSP70 in Normal Cells -- HSP70 in Damaged Cells -- Mechanisms of Activation and Inactivation of HSP70 Synthesis -- HSP70 in the Immune Responses -- HSP70 in Carcinogenesis -- HSP70 in aging -- The role of HSP70 in the protection of: (A) The brain in alzheimer's disease and (B) The heart in cardiac surgery.
- 2012 Springer ProtocolsChristiansen, Frank T.; Tait, Brian D.Major histocompatibility complex : a paradigm for studies of the human genome / Richard J.N. Allcock -- HLA typing by SSO and SSP methods / Heather Dunckley -- Methods for diagnostic HLA typing in disease association and drug hypersensitivity / Michael D. Varney [and others] -- HLA typing using bead-based methods / Daniel Trajanoski and Samantha J. Fidler -- HLA Typing by Direct DNA Sequencing / Linda K. Smith -- Data analysis of HLA sequencing using assign-SBT v3.6+ from conexio / Carla Wirtz and David Sayer -- Simple methods for the detection of HLA-G variants in coding and non-coding regions / Holger Nuckel [and others] -- Molecular typing of HLA-E / Nina Lauterbach [and others] -- Molecular analysis of complement component C4 gene copy number / Alison S.L. Castley and O. Patricia Martinez -- Genotyping of single nucleotide polymorphisms by 5' nuclease allelic discrimination / Mari Malkki and Effie W. Petersdorf -- High resolution MICA genotyping by sequence-based typing (SBT) / Yizhou Zou and Peter Stastny -- Standard methods for the management of immunogenetic data / Pierre-Antoine Gourraud [and others] -- Analytical methods for immunogenetic population data / Steven J. Mack [and others] -- Analytical methods for disease association studies with immunogenetic data / Jill A. Hollenbach [and others] -- Impact of HLA matching and HLA antibodies in organ transplantation : a collaborative transplant study view / Caner Susal and Gerhard Opelz -- Screening for antibodies against MICA by luminex flow cytometry / Yizhou Zou and Peter Stastny -- HLA antibody detection and characterization by solid phase immunoassays : methods and pitfalls / Andrea A. Zachary [and others] -- Detection and characterisation of alloreactive T cells / Mandvi Bharadwaj, Nicole A. Mifsud, and James McCluskey -- Detection of allo-HLA cross-reactivity by virus-specific memory T-cell clones using single HLA-transfected K562 cells / Lloyd J. D'Orsogna [and others] -- Separation and cryopreservation of lymphocytes from spleen and lymph node / Gabriella Tassone and Samantha J. Fidler -- Crossmatching by Complement-Dependent Lymphocytotoxicity / Samantha J. Fidler -- Lymphocyte crossmatch by flow cytometry for Kidney Transplantation / Jonathan Downing -- Overview of the killer cell immunoglobulin-like receptor system / Raja Rajalingam -- KIR typing by non-sequencing methods : polymerase-chain reaction with sequence-specific primers / David Ordonez [and others] -- Killer cell immunoglobulin-like receptors (KIR) typing by DNA sequencing / Lihua Hou [and others] -- Overview of methods required to evaluate donor NK cell alloreactivity for haploidentical haemopoietic stem cell transplantation / Andrea Velardi -- Detection of NK cell alloreactivity by flow cytometric CD107a assay / Dianne De Santis [and others] -- Clinical production and therapeutic applications of alloreactive natural killer cells / David H. McKenna [and others] -- Minor histocompatibility antigen typing by DNA sequencing for clinical practice in hematopoietic stem-cell transplantation / Eric Spierings and Els Goulmy -- Donor registries and search strategies / Carolyn K. Hurley, Machteld Oudshoorn, and Michelle Setterholm -- Cytokine gene polymorphisms : methods of detection and biological significance / Gurvinder Kaur and Narinder Mehra -- IMGT® tools for the nucleotide analysis of immunoglobulin (IG) and T cell receptor (TR) V-(D)-J repertoires, polymorphisms, and IG mutations : IMGT/V-QUEST and IMGT/HighV-QUEST for NGS / Eltaf Alamyar -- IMGT/DomainGapAlign : the IMGT® tool for the analysis of IG, TR, MH, IgSF, and MhSF domain amino acid polymorphism / Francois Ehrenmann and Marie-Paule Lefranc -- Human Gm, Km, and Am allotypes and their molecular characterization : a remarkable demonstration of polymorphism / Marie-Paule Lefranc and Gerard Lefranc.
- 2013 Springer ProtocolsFulton, Kelly M.; Twine, Susan M.Introduction to the immune system / Scott McComb ... [et al.] -- Immunoproteomics : current technology and applications / Kelly M. Fulton and Susan M. Twine -- Antigen identification using SEREX / Ugur Sahin and Özlem Türeci -- Antigen discovery using whole-genome phage display libraries / Elisa Beghetto and Nicola Gargano -- Methods and applications of serological proteome analysis / Kelly M. Fulton ... [et al.] -- Pre-absorbed immunoproteomics : a novel method for the detection of bacterial surface proteins / Guangjin Liu, Wei Zhang, and Chengping Lu -- Identification of the antigen content of electroimmunoprecipitates / N. Helena Beyer and Niels H.H. Heegaard -- Immunoproteomics approach to screen the antigenicity of the influenza virus / Kevin M. Downard -- In vivo microbial antigen discovery (InMAD) to identify diagnostic proteins and polysaccharides that are circulating during microbial infections / Sindy J. Chaves ... [et al.] -- Chemo-enzymatic production of O-glycopeptides for the detection of serum glycopeptide antibodies / Alexander Nøstdal and Hans H. Wandall -- Enrichment and characterization of glycopeptide epitopes from complex mixtures / Luc Tessier, Kelly M. Fulton, and Susan M. Twine -- Whole-cell MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry : a tool for immune cell analysis and characterization / Richard Ouedraogo ... [et al.] -- Cell-based arrays for the identification of interacting polypeptide domains or epitopes / Richard H. Maier, Christina J. Maier, and Kamil Önder -- Identification and quantitation of MHC class II-bound peptides from mouse spleen dendritic cells by immunoprecipitation and mass spectrometry analysis / Leonia Bozzacco and Haiqiang Yu -- Construction and screening of an antigen-derived peptide library displayed on yeast cell surface for CD4+ T cell epitope identification / Fei Wen and Huimin Zhao -- Profiling of cytokine and chemokine responses using multiplex bead array technology / Greg Harris and Wangxue Chen -- Preparation of the low molecular weight serum proteome for mass spectrometry analysis / Timothy J. Waybright ... [et al.] -- Identification of protein biomarkers in human serum using iTRAQ and shotgun mass spectrometry / Theodoros A. Koutroukides ... [et al.] -- Genome-based bioinformatic prediction of major histocompatibility complex (MHC) epitopes / Simon J. Foote -- Structure-based prediction of major histocompatibility complex (MHC) epitopes / Andrew J. Bordner -- Prioritization of therapeutic targets of inflammation using proteomics, bioinformatics, and in silico cell-cell interactomics / Arsalan S. Haqqani and Danica B. Stanimirovic -- Commercial considerations for immunoproteomics / Scott M. Ferguson.
- 2013 Springer ProtocolsSchneider, Maria Victoria.Systems biology can now be considered an established and fundamental field in life sciences. It has moved from the identification of molecular 'parts lists' for living organisms towards synthesising information from different 'omics'-based approaches to generate and test new hypotheses about how biological systems work. In Silico Systems Biology: Methods and Protocols, expert researchers in the field detail a practical set of chapters based often on actual materials used and develop for face-to-face training with examples and case studies.Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, step-by-step workflows, and key tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. -- Publisher website.
- 2001 CRCnetBASEMorel, Gerard; Cavalier, Annie; Williams, Lynda.
- 2015 Springer ProtocolsHauptmann, Giselbert.Optimization of in situ hybridization and co-expression analysis in the central nervous system / Louisa Mezache ... [et al.] -- In situ hybridization methods for RNA visualization in C. elegans / Gina Broitman-Maduro and Morris F. Maduro -- Multicolored visualization of transcript distributions in Drosophila embryos / Iris Söll and Giselbert Hauptmann -- Exploring brain genoarchitecture by single and double chromogenic in situ hybridization (ISH) and immunohistochemistry (IHC) in whole-mount embryos / José Luis ... [et al.] -- Exploring brain genoarchitecture by single and double chromogenic in situ hybridization (ISH) and immunohistochemistry (IHC) on cryostat, paraffin, or floating sections / José Luis Ferran ... [et al.] -- Combined radioactive and nonradioactive double in situ hybridization (DISH) / Jong-Hyun Son and Ursula H. Winzer-Serhan -- One FISH, dFISH, three FISH : sensitive methods of whole- mount fluorescent in situ hybridization in freshwater planarians / David D. R. Brown and Bret J. Pearson -- Whole-mount in situ hybridization and immunohistochemistry in xenopus embryos / Edgar M. Pera ... [et al.] -- Manual and automated whole-mount in situ hybridization for systematic gene expression analysis in embryonic Zebrafish forebrain / Iris Söll and Giselbert Hauptmann -- Large-scale ISH on mouse brain sections for systematic gene expression analysis in developing mouse diencephalon / Tomomi Shimogori and Seth Blackshaw -- High-throughput in situ hybridization : systematical production of gene expression data and beyond / Lars Geffers and Gregor Eichele -- Analysis of embryonic gene expression patterns in the hagfish / Yasuhiro Oisi ... [et al.] -- Gene expression analysis of lamprey embryos / Fumiaki Sugahara, Yasunori Murakami, and Shigeru Kuratani -- Detection of mRNA and microRNA expression in basal chordates, amphioxus and ascidians / Simona Candiani, Greta Garbarino, and Mario Pestarino -- Analysis of gene expression in neurons and synapses by multi-color in situ hybridization / Leonid L. Moroz and Andrea B. Kohn -- Fluorescent in situ hybridization in primary hippocampal neurons to detect localized mRNAs / Jacki E. Heraud-Farlow, Tejaswini Sharangdhar, and Michael A. Kiebler -- Combining whole-mount in situ hybridization with neuronal tracing and immunohistochemistry / Jeremy S. Duncan ... [et al.] -- Fluorescent in situ hybridization detection of microRNAs in Newt tissue cryosections / Jamie Ian Morrison -- Subcellular transcript localization in Drosophila embryos and tissues visualized by multiplex-FISH / Julie Bergalet ... [et al.] -- Application of alkaline phosphatase-mediated azo dye staining for dual fluorescent in situ hybridization in Zebrafish / Giselbert Hauptmann, Gilbert Lauter, and Iris Söll -- Multiplex fluorescent RNA in situ hybridization via RNAscope / Hongwei Wang ... [et al.] -- Quantum dot-based in situ hybridization and immunohistochemistry to detect mRNA and protein at subcellular levels, comparison with studies using electron microscopy / Akira Matsuno ... [et al.] -- Quantitative multiplexed quantum dot based in situ hybridization in formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue / Eleni Tholouli, Judith A. Hoyland, and Richard J. Byers -- Single and multiplexed fluorescent in situ hybridization using quantum dots nanocrystals in xenopus / Andriani Ioannou ... [et al.] -- Quantitative single-molecule mRNA fluorescent in situ hybridization in C. elegans / Remco A. Mentink ... [et al.] -- In situ detection of individual mRNA molecules with padlock probes and target-primed rolling-circle amplification in fixed mouse brain tissues / Thomas Hauling ... [et al.] -- Extended multiplexed fluorescent in situ hybridization by combinatorial encoding of individual transcripts / Lars Martin Jakt and Satoko Moriwaki -- Characterizing cellular identity at one cell resolution / Amaresh K. Ranjan, Mugdha V. Joglekar, and Anandwardhan A. Hardikar -- Transglutaminase-mediated in situ hybridization (TransISH) for mRNA detection in mammalian tissues / Katsuyuki Miyawaki, Sumihare Noji, and Noriho Kamiya -- ECHO-FISH for gene transcript detection in neuronal and other cells and subcellular compartments / Dan Ohtan Wang and Akimitsu Okamoto.
- 2014 Springer ProtocolsNielsen, Boye Schnack."In Situ Hybridization Protocols, Fourth Edition contains 21 protocols that utilize the in situ hybridization technology to document or take advantage of the visualization of specific RNA molecules. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Authoritative and practical, In Situ Hybridization Protocols, Fourth Edition seeks to aid scientists in the further discovery of new RNA species and uncovering of their cellular functions."--Page  of cover.
- 2005 Springer ProtocolsDarby, Ian A.; Hewitson, Tim D.In situ hybridization using riboprobes on free-floating brain sections / Neil C. Owens, F. Martin Hess, and Emilio Badoer -- An in situ hybridization technique to detect low-abundance slug mRNA in adherent cultured cells / Changsun Choi ... [et al.] -- Identification of transplanted human cells in animal tissues / Daniel Benten, Kang Cheng, and Sanjeev Gupta -- In situ hybridization to plant tissues and chromosomes / Andreas Houben, Sharon J. Orford, and Jeremy N. Timmis -- Histochemical localization of cell proliferation using in situ hybridization for histone mRNA / Tim D. Hewitson, Kristen J. Kelynack, and Ian A. Darby -- Histochemical localization of apoptosis with in situ labeling of fragmented DNA / Tim D. Hewitson, Teresa Bisucci, and Ian A. Darby -- Nonradioactive in situ hybridization on frozen sections and whole mounts / Julia Asp, Alexandra Abramsson, and Christer Betsholtz -- In situ hybridization of whole mount embryos / Murray Hargrave, Josephine Bowles, and Peter Koopman -- In situ detection of Epstein-Barr virus and phenotype determination of EBV-infected cells / Gerald Niedobitek and Hermann Herbst -- PNA- situ hybridization method for detection of HIV-1 DNA in virus-infected cells and subsequent detection of cellular and viral proteins / Tomoko Hagiwara, Junko Hattori, and Tsuguhiro Kaneda -- Electron microscopy and in situ hybridization: expression of P2Y2 receptor mRNA in the cerebellum / Andrzej Loesch and Rainer Glass -- The use of combined immunohistochemical labeling and in situ hybridization to colocalize mRNA and protein in tissue sections / Malcolm D. Smith, Michael Ahern, and Mark Coleman -- Semiquantitative in situ hybridization using radioactive probes to study gene expression in motoneuron populations / Paul D. Storer and Tracey DeLucia -- Quantitative in situ hybridization of tissue microarrays / Adrian M. Jubb ... [et al.]. Treatment of tissue sections for in situ hybridization / Gregory H. Tesch, Hui Y. Lan, and David J. Nikolic-Paterson -- Preparation of template DNA and labeling techniques / Peter J. Roche -- In situ hybridization using cRNA probes: isotopic and nonisotopic detection methods / Ian A. Darby ... [et al.] -- Tyramide signal amplification for DNA and mRNA in situ hybridization / Ernst J.M. Speel, Anton H.N. Hopman, and Paul Komminoth -- Expression analysis of murine genes using in situ hybridization with radioactive and nonradioactively labeled RNA probes / Anne Chotteau-Lelièvre, Pascal Dollé, and Françoise Gofflot --
- 2007 Springer ProtocolsGrandi, Guido.Energy systems for ATP regeneration in cell-free protein synthesis reactions / Kara A. Calhoun and James R. Swartz -- Continuous-exchange protein-synthesizing systems / Vladimir A. Shirokov ... [et al.] -- Cell-free production of integral membrane proteins on a preparative scale / Christian Klammt ... [et al.] -- SIMPLEX : a novel method for high-throughput construction and screening of protein libraries / Suang Rungpragayphan, Tsuneo Yamane, and Hideo Nakano -- Methods for high-throughput materialization of genetic information based on the wheat germ cell-free expression system / Tatsuya Sawasaki ... [et al.] -- Exogenous protein expression in Xenopus oocytes : basic procedures / Elena Bossi ... [et al.] -- In vitro translation to study HIV protease activity / Zene Matsuda ... [et al.] -- The protein truncation test in mutation detection and molecular diagnosis / Oliver Hauss and Oliver Muller -- Creation of novel enantioselective lipases by SIMPLEX / Yuichi Koga, Tsuneo Yamane, and Hideo Nakano -- In vitro transcription and translation coupled with two-dimensional electrophoresis for bacterial proteome analysis / Nathalie Norais ... [et al.] -- In vitro screen of bioinformatically selected Bacillus anthracis vaccine candidates by coupled transcription, translation, and immunoprecipitation analysis / Orit Gat, Haim Grosfeld, and Avigdor Shafferman -- Functional expression of Type 1 rat GABA transporter in microinjected Xenopus laevis oocytes / Stefano Giovannardi ... [et al.] -- Production of protein for nuclear magnetic resonance study using the wheat germ cell-free system / Toshiyuki Kohno and Yaeta Endo.
- 2014 Springer ProtocolsAnders, Hans-Joachim; Migliorini, Adriana.Detection of RNA modifications by HPLC analysis and competitive ELISA / Gernot Nees, Andreas Kaufmann, and Stefan Bauer -- Enzymatic synthesis and purification of a defined RIG-I ligand / Marion Goldeck ... [et al.] -- Crystallization of mouse RIG-I ATPase domain : in situ proteolysis / Filiz Civril and Karl-Peter Hopfner -- Isolation of RIG-I-associated RNAs from virus-infected cells / Andreas Schmidt ... [et al.] -- Structure modeling of Toll-Like Receptors / Jing Gong and Tiandi Wei -- Nucleic acid recognition in dendritic cells / Alexander Heiseke, Katharina Eisenächer, and Anne Krug -- Viral nucleic acid recognition in human nonimmune cells : in vitro systems / Andrea Ribeiro and Markus Wörnle -- Analysis of nucleic acid-induced nonimmune cell death in vitro / Simone Romoli and Adriana Migliorini -- In vitro analysis of nucleic acid recognition in B lymphocytes / Saskia Ziegler and Isabelle Bekeredjian-Ding -- Mapping of optimal CD8 T cell epitopes / Julia Roider, Thomas Vollbrecht, and Rika Draenert -- Modular approach to suppression assays : TLR ligands, conditioned medium, and viral infection / Viktor H. Koelzer and David Anz -- MicroRNA methodology : advances in miRNA technologies/ Theresa Kaeuferle ... [et al.] -- Expression profiling by real-time quantitative polymerase chain reaction (RT-qPCR) / Maciej Lech and Hans-Joachim Anders -- Evaluating the role of nucleic acid antigens in murine models of systemic lupus erythematosus / Amanda A. Watkins, Ramon G. B. Bonegio, and Ian R. Rifkin -- Induction and analysis of nephrotoxic serum nephritis in mice / John M. Hoppe and Volker Vielhauer -- Isolation of intratumoral leukocytes of TLR-stimulated tumor-bearing mice / Moritz Rapp, David Anz, and Max Schnurr -- Bifunctional siRNAs for tumor therapy / Fanny Matheis and Robert Besch.
- 2009 Springer ProtocolsBarker, Christopher J.The role of inositol and the principles of labelling, extraction, and analysis of inositides in mammalian cells / Christopher J. Barker and Per-Olof Berggren -- HPLC separation of inositol polyphosphates / Christopher J. Barker, Christopher Illies, and Per-Olof Berggren -- Molecular manipulation and analysis of inositol phosphate and pyrophosphate levels in mammalian cells / James C. Otto and John D. York -- A femtomole-sensitivity mass assay for inositol hexakisphosphate / Andrew J. Letcher, Michael J. Schell, and Robin F. Irvine -- Synthesis of InsP₇ by the inositol hexakisphosphate kinase 1 (IP6K1) / Cristina Azevedo ... [et al.] -- Protein pyrophosphorylation by diphosphoinositol pentakisphosphate (InsP₇) / J. Kent Werner Jr., Traci Speed, and Rashna Bhandari -- Synthesis and nonradioactive micro-analysis of diphosphoinositol phosphates by HPLC with postcolumn complexometry / Hongying Lin, Karsten Lindner, and Georg W. Mayr -- Diphosphosinositol polyphosphates and energy metabolism : assay for ATP/ADP ratio / Andreas Nagel ... [et al.] -- Isolation of inositol 1,4,5-triphosphate receptor-associating proteins and selective knockdown using RNA interference / Akihiro Mizutani ... [et al.] -- Phosphoinositide-specific phospholipase C [beta]1 signal transduction in the nucleus / Roberta Fiume ... [et al.] -- Methods to assess changes in the pattern of nuclear phosphoinositides / Nullin Divecha -- Measurement of phosphoinositide 3-kinase products in cultured mammalian cells by HPLC / Frank T. Cooke -- Phosphoinositide analysis by liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry / Trevor R. Pettitt -- Imaging phosphoinositide dynamics in living cells / Anne Wuttke, Olof Idevall-Hagren, and Anders Tengholm.
- 2005 SpringerWalz, Wolfgang.
- 2006 ScienceDirectRomeo, John T.Terpene indole alkaloid biosynthesis / Sarah E. O'Connor, Elizabeth McCoy -- Pathways to diverse ergot alkaloid profiles in fungi / Daniel G. Panaccione, Christopher L. Schardl, Christine M. Coyle -- Compartmentalization of plant secondary metabolism / Nailish Samanani, Peter J. Facchini -- Comparative genomics of the shikimate pathways in Arabidopsis, Populus trichocarpa and Oryza sativa : shikimate pathway gene family structure and identification of candidates for missing links in pehnylalanine biosynthesis / Björn Hamberger ... [et al.] -- Tomato glandular trichomes as a model system for exploring evolution of specialized metabolism in a single cell / Eyal Fridman ... [et al.] -- Anacardic acid biosynthesis and bioactivity / David J. Schultz, Nalinie S. Wickramasinghe, Carolyn M. Klinge -- Molecular and biochemical investigations of sorgoleone biosynthesis / Daniel Cook ... [et al.] -- Biosynthesis of terpenophenolic metabolites in hop and cannabis / Jonathan E. Page, Jana Nagel -- Engineering pathway enzymes to understand the function and evolution of sterol structure and activity / Pruthvi Jayasimha ... [et al.] -- Methylation and demethylation of plant signaling molecules / Yue Yang ... [et al.] -- Recent advances in auxin biosynthesis and conjugation / Amber Kei Bowers, Yunde Zhao -- Auxin biology and biosynthesis / Jessica Calio, Yuen Yee Tam, Jennifer Normanly -- Translational opportunities in plant biochemistry / Cecilia A. McIntosh.
- 2010 SpringerArcangeli, Annarosa; Becchetti, Andrea.Integrin structure and functional relation with ion channels / Annarosa Arcangeli and Andrea Becchetti -- Introduction to ion channels / Chiara Di Resta and Andrea Becchetti -- Biochemical methods to study the interactions between integrins and ion channels / Olivia Crociani -- Optical methods in the study of protein : protein interactions / Alessio Masi ... [et al.] -- Integrins and signal transduction / -- Sara Cabodi ... [et al.] -- Physical and functional interaction between integrins and herg1 channels in cancer cells / Serena Pillozzi and Annarosa Arcangeli -- Coordinated regulation of vascular Ca2+ and K+ channels by integrin signaling / Peichun Gui ... [et al.] -- Adhesion : dependent modulation of macrophage K+ channels / Margaret Colden-Stanfield -- Integrin receptors and ligand : gated channels / Raffaella Morini and Andrea Becchetti -- Integrins and ion channels in cell migration : implications for neuronal development, wound healing and metastatic spread / Andrea Becchetti and Annarosa Arcangeli.Also available: Print – 2010
- 2001. ScienceDirectMattson, Mark Paul.
- Introduction to biological and small molecule drug research and development : theory and case studies2013 ScienceDirectGanellin, C. R.; Jefferis, Roy; Roberts, Stanley M.Chapter 1. Introduction to enzymes, receptors and the action of small molecule drugs -- chapter 2. Protein structure and function -- chapter 3. The small molecule drug discovery process : from target selection to candidate selection -- chapter 4. Protein therapeutics (introduction to biopharmaceuticals) -- chapter 5. Similarities and differences in the discovery and use of biopharmaceuticals and small-molecule chemotherapeutics -- chapter 6. Therapies for type 2 diabetes : modulating the incretin pathway using small molecule peptidase inhibitors or peptide mimetics -- chapter 7. The structure and business of biopharmaceutical companies including the management of risks and resources -- chapter 8. Discovery and development of the anticancer agent gefitinib, an inhibitor of the epidermal growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase -- chapter 9. Targeting HER2 by monoclonal antibodies for cancer therapy -- chapter 10. Recombinant human erythropoietin and its analogues -- chapter 11. Lysosomal storage disorders : current treatments and future directions -- chapter 12. Hormone replacement therapy -- chapter 13. Design of the anti-HIV protease inhibitor darunavir -- chapter 14. The case of anti-TNF agents -- chapter 15. Discovery of the cholesterol absorption inhibitor, ezetimibe.
- 2013 ScienceDirectStillwell, William.An Introduction to Biological Membranes: From Bilayers to Rafts covers many aspects of membrane structure/function that bridges membrane biophysics and cell biology. Offering cohesive, foundational information, this publication is valuable for advanced undergraduate students, graduate students and membranologists who seek a broad overview of membrane science. Brings together different facets of membrane research in a universally understandable mannerEmphasis on the historical development of the field. Topics include membrane sugars, membrane models, membrane isolation methods, and membrane transport.
- 2012Carroll, Sean B.; Doebley, John F.; Griffiths, Anthony J. F.; Wessler, Susan R.1. The Genetics Revolution in the Life Sciences -- pt. I. TRANSMISSION GENETICS -- 2. Single-Gene Inheritance -- 3. Independent Assortment of Genes -- 4. Mapping Eukaryote Chromosomes by Recombination -- 5. The Genetics of Bacteria and Their Viruses -- 6. Gene Interaction -- pt. II. FROM DNA TO PHENOTYPE -- 7. DNA: Structure and Replication -- 8. RNA: Transcription and Processing -- 9. Proteins and Their Synthesis -- 10. Gene Isolation and Manipulation -- 11. Regulation of Gene Expression in Bacteria and Their Viruses -- 12. Regulation of Gene Expression in Eukaryotes -- 13. The Genetic Control of Development -- 14. Genomes and Genomics -- pt. III. MUTATION, VARIATION, AND EVOLUTION -- 15. The Dynamic Genome: Transposable Elements -- 16. Mutation, Repair, and Recombination -- 17. Large-Scale Chromosomal Changes -- 18. Population Genetics -- 19. The Inheritance of Complex Traits -- 20. Evolution of Genes and Traits.
- 2014 SpringerBowman, Gregory R.; Noé, Frank; Pande, Vijay.The aim of this book volume is to explain the importance of Markov state models to molecular simulation, how they work, and how they can be applied to a range of problems. The Markov state model (MSM) approach aims to address two key challenges of molecular simulation: 1) How to reach long timescales using short simulations of detailed molecular models 2) How to systematically gain insight from the resulting sea of data MSMs do this by providing a compact representation of the vast conformational space available to biomolecules by decomposing it into states sets of rapidly interconverting conformations and the rates of transitioning between states.This kinetic definition allows one to easily vary the temporal and spatial resolution of an MSM from high-resolution models capable of quantitative agreement with (or prediction of) experiment to low-resolution models that facilitate understanding. Additionally, MSMs facilitate the calculation of quantities that are difficult to obtain from more direct MD analyses, such as the ensemble of transition pathways. This book introduces the mathematical foundations of Markov models, how they can be used to analyze simulations and drive efficient simulations, and some of the insights these models have yielded in a variety of applications of molecular simulation.Also available: Print – 2014
- 2003 CRCnetBASETuszynski, J. A.; Kurzyński, Michał.
- 2014 CRCnetBASEEckwahl, Matthew.Part 1. Cell polarity, growth, and cell cycle -- part 2. Yeast regulatory circuits -- part 3. Gene expression and trait locus analysis -- part 4. Comparative genomics.
- 2006 Springer ProtocolsShapiro, Mark S.; Stockand, James D.A simple in-vivo method for assessing changes of membrane bound ion channel density in xenopus oocytes / Mouhamed S. Awayda ... [et al.] -- Preparation of cortical brain slices for electrophysiological recording / Costa M. Colbert -- Juxtacellular labeling and chemical phenotyping of extracellulary recorded neurons in vivo / Glenn M. Toney and Lynette C. Daws -- Carbon fiber amperometry in the study of ion channels and secretion / Duk-Su Koh -- Genetic screening for functionality of bacterial potassium channel mutants using K+ update-deficient escherichia coli / Lyubov V. Parfenova and Brad S. Rothberg -- KCNQ1 K channel-mediated cardiac channelopathies / Gildas Loussouarn, Isabelle Baro, and Denis Escade -- Tissue-specific transgenic and knockout mice / Andrée Porret ... [et al.]. Functional reconstitution of the human epithelial Na+ channel in a mammalian expression system / Alexander Staruschenko ... [et al.] -- Overexpression of proteins in neurons using replication-deficient virus / Richard M. Ahlquist and Jane M. Sullivan -- Exogenous expression of proteins in neurons using the biolistic particle delivery system / Nikita Gamper and Mark S. Shapiro -- Tertiary and quaternary structure formation of voltage-gated potassium channels / John M. Robinson, Andrey Kosolapov, and Carol Deutsch -- Biophysical approach to determine the subunit stoichiometry of the epithelial sodium channel using the xenopus laevis oocyte expression system / Farhad Kosari, Shaou Sheng, and Thomas R. Kleyman -- Spectroscopy-based quantitative fluorescence resonance energy transfer analysis / Jie Zheng -- Probing the effects of phosphoinositides on ion channels / Chou-Long Huang -- Epithelial sodium channel in planar lipid bilayers / Bakhrom K. Berdiev and Dale J. Benos --
- 2013 Springer ProtocolsGoossens, Alain; Pauwels, Laurens.Phenotyping jasmonate regulation of senescence / Martin A. Seltmann and Susanne Berger -- Characterizing jasmonate regulation of male fertility in Arabidopsis / Bryan Thines, Ajin Mandaokar, and John Browse -- Phenotyping jasmonate regulation of root growth / Fabian Kellermeier and Anna Amtmann -- Bioassays for assessing jasmonate-dependent defenses triggered by pathogens, herbivorous insects, or beneficial Rhizobacteria / Saskia C.M. Van Wees ... [et al.] -- Elicitation of jasmonate-mediated defense responses by mechanical wounding and insect herbivory / Marco Herde, Abraham J.K. Koo, and Gregg A. Howe -- Pseudomonas syringae infection assays in Arabidopsis / Jian Yao, John Withers, and Sheng Yang He -- Jasmonate signaling in the field, part I : elicited changes in jasmonate pools of transgenic Nicotiana attenuata / Emmanuel Gaquerel ... [et al.] -- Jasmonate Signaling in the field, part II : insect-guided characterization of genetic variations in jasmonate-dependent defenses of transgenic and natural Nicotiana attenuata populations / Emmanuel Gaquerel ... [et al.] -- Profiling of jasmonic acid-related metabolites and hormones in wounded leaves / Yusuke Jikumaru -- Non-targeted approach for extended liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry profiling of free and esterified jasmonates after wounding / Gaëtan Glauser and Jean-Luc Wolfender -- Cell-specific detection of jasmonates by means of an immunocytological approach / Bettina Hause, Kati Mielke, and Susanne Forner -- Jasmonic acid-amino acid conjugation enzyme assays / Martha L. Rowe and Paul E. Staswick -- Pull-down analysis of interactions among jasmonic acid core signaling proteins / Sandra Fonseca and Roberto Solano -- Yeast two-hybrid analysis of jasmonate signaling proteins / Amparo Pérez Cuéllar ... [et al.] -- Modified bimolecular fluorescence complementation assay to study the inhibition of transcription complex formation by JAZ proteins / Tiancong Qi, Susheng Song, and Daoxin Xie -- Agroinfiltration of Nicotiana benthamiana leaves for co-localization of regulatory proteins involved in jasmonate signaling / Volkan Çevik and Kemal Kazan -- Electrophoretic mobility shift assay for the analysis of interactions of jasmonic acid-responsive transcription factors with DNA / Johan Memelink -- Transient expression assays in tobacco protoplasts / Robin Vanden Bossche ... [et al.] -- Functional analysis of jasmonic acid-responsive secondary metabolite transporters / Nobukazu Shitan, Akifumi Sugiyama, and Kazufumi Yazaki -- Expression analysis of jasmonate-responsive lectins in plants / Nausicaä Lannoo and Els J.M. Van Damme -- Profiling the jasmonic acid responses by nuclear magnetic resonance-based metabolomics / Hye Kyong Kim, Young Hae Choi, and Robert Verpoorte -- Metabolite profiling of plant tissues by liquid chromatography fourier transform ion cyclotron resonance mass spectrometry / Jacob Pollier and Alain Goossens -- cDNA-AFLP-based transcript profiling for genome-wide expression analysis of jasmonate-treated plants and plant cultures / Janine Colling ... [et al.] -- Analysis of RNA-seq data with TopHat and cufflinks for genome-wide expression analysis of jasmonate-treated plants and plant cultures / Jacob Pollier, Stephane Rombauts, and Alain Goossens -- Transcriptome coexpression analysis using ATTED-II for integrated transcriptomic/metabolomic analysis / Keiko Yonekura-Sakakibara and Kazuki Saito -- Guide to CORNET for the construction of coexpression and protein-protein interaction networks / Stefanie De Bodt and Dirk Inzé.
- 2011 SpringerRodríguez-Moreno, Antonio; Sihra, Talvinder S."This volume critically examines the functional actions of the kainate type glutamate receptors (KARs). Following on from the larger body of work on the NMDA and AMPA-type ionotropic glutamate receptors (GluRs), studies with KARs have consistently thrown up exceptions to general rules about synaptic modulation. Contributors herein provide an insight to the idiosyncracies that now almost typify the KAR field. The fascinating insights provided in this volume serve to encourage searching mechanistic questions"--Provided by publisher.Also available: Print – 2011
- 2008 SpringerBlau, N.; Duran, Marinus; Gibson, K. Michael.
- 2013 ScienceDirectLorsch, Jon.Section I. Cell protocols : basic microbiological techniques. Pouring agar plates and streaking or spreading to isolate individual colonies / Elizabeth Eyler ; Storage of bacteria and yeast / Cheryl M. Koh -- Section II. Cell protocols : cellular fractionation. Cellular fractionation : mammalian cells / Joerg von Hagen and Uwe Michelsen ; Cellular fractionation : yeast cells / Joerg von Hagen and Uwe Michelsen -- Section III. Cell protocols : Knock-outs and gene replacements. Yeast-gene replacement using PCR products / Megan Bergkessel, Christine Guthrie, and John Abelson ; Measuring RNAi knockdown using qPCR / Stuart Milstein, Michael Nguyen, Rachel Meyers, and Antonin de Fougerolles ; Recombineering : using drug cassettes to knock out genes in vivo / James A. Sawitzke, Lynn C. Thomason, Mikhail Bubunenko, Xintian Li, Nina Costantino, and Donald L. Court ; Gene knockouts, in vivo site-directed mutagenesis and other modifications using the delitto perfetto system in Saccharomyces cerevisiae / Samantha Stuckey and Francesca Storici ; Gene targeting and site-specific recombination in mouse ES cells / Konstantinos Anastassiadis, Frank Schnütgen, Harald von Melchner, and A. Francis Stewart ; Recombineering : highly efficient in vivo genetic engineering using single-strand oligos / James A. Sawitzke, Lynn C. Thomason, Mikhail Bubunenko, Xintian Li, Nina Costantino, and Donald L. Court -- Section IV. Cell protocols : microbiological media. Growth media for E. coli / Juliane C. Lessard ; Saccharomyces cerevisiae growth media / Jessica S. Dymond --Section V. Cell protocols : preparation of slides for microscopy. Immunohistochemistry on freely floating fixed tissue sections / Julia Bachman ; Preparation of slides for microscopy from frozen tissue sections / Julia Bachman ; Preparation of formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue for immunohistochemistry / Kirstie Canene-Adams ; Preparation of cells for microscopy using cytospin / Cheryl M. Koh ; Preparation of cells for microscopy using chamber slides and coverslips / Cheryl M. Koh ; Preparation of cells for microscopy using 'cell blocks' / Cheryl M. Koh -- Section VI. Lipid and carbohydrate protocols. Enzymatic deglycosylation of glycoproteins / Min-Sung Kim and Dan Leahy -- Section VII. Lipid and carbohydrate protocol : making vesicles and micelles. Preparation of fatty acid or phospholipid vesicles by thin-film rehydration / Ting F. Zhu, Itay Budin, and Jack W. Szostak ; Vesicle extrusion through polycarbonate track-etched membranes using a hand-held mini-extruder / Ting F. Zhu, Itay Budin, and Jack W. Szostak ; Preparation of fatty acid micelles / Ting F. Zhu, Itay Budin, and Jack W. Szostak -- Section VIII. Other protocols. Reverse-phase HPLC analysis and purification of small molecules / Kirstie Canene-Adams ; Thin layer chromatography / Marina Santiago and Scott Strobel ; ATP and GTP hydrolysis assays (TLC) / Vaishnavi Rajagopal and Jon R. Lorsch.
- 2013 ScienceDirectLorsch, Jon.Explanatory chapter: PCR primer design / Rubén Álvarez-Fernández -- How plasmid preparation kits work / Laura Koontz -- Introducing exogenous DNA into cells / Laura Koontz -- Agarose gel electrophoresis / Laura Koontz -- Analysis of DNA by southern blotting / Gary Glenn and Lefkothea-Vasiliki Andreou -- Purification of DNA oligos by denaturing polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis (PAGE) / Sara Lopez-Gomollon and Francisco Esteban Nicolas -- Molecular cloning / Juliane C. Lessard -- Rapid creation of stable mammalian cell lines for regulated expression of proteins using the Gateway® recombination cloning technology and Flp-In T-REx® lines / Jessica Spitzer, Markus Landthaler, and Thomas Tuschl -- Restrictionless cloning / Mikkel A. Algire -- Isolation of plasmid DNA from bacteria / Lefkothea-Vasiliki Andreou -- Preparation of genomic DNA from bacteria / Lefkothea-Vasiliki Andreou -- Preparation of genomic DNA from Saccharomyces cerevisiae / Jessica S. Dymond -- Isolation of genomic DNA from mammalian cells / Cheryl M. Koh -- Sanger dideoxy sequencing of DNA / Sarah E. Walker and Jon Lorsch -- Preparation of fragment libraries for next-generation sequencing on the applied biosystems SOLiD platform / Srinivasan Yegnasubramanian -- Next generation sequencing / Srinivasan Yegnasubramanian -- Generating mammalian stable cell lines by electroporation / Patti A. Longo, Jennifer M. Kavran, Min-Sung Kim, and Daniel J. Leahy -- Transient mammalian cell transfection with polyethylenimine (PEI) / Patti A. Longo, Jennifer M. Kavran, Min-Sung Kim, and Daniel J. Leahy -- Site-directed mutagenesis / Julia Bachman -- PCR-based random mutagenesis / Jessica S. Dymond -- Megaprimer method for mutagenesis of DNA / Craig W. Vander Kooi -- Troubleshooting PCR / Kirstie Canene-Adams -- Quantitative PCR / Jessica S. Dymond -- General PCR / Kirstie Canene-Adams -- Colony PCR / Megan Bergkessel and Christine Guthrie -- Chemical transformation of yeast / Megan Bergkessel and Christine Guthrie -- Transformation of E. coli via electroporation / Juliane C. Lessard -- Transformation of chemically competent E. coli / Rachel Green and Elizabeth J. Rogers.
- 2013 ScienceDirectLorsch, Jon.Computational prediction of RNA secondary structure -- Reverse-transcription PCR (RT-PCR) -- Northern blotting -- Explanatory chapter: nuclease protection assays -- In vitro transcription from plasmid or PCR-amplified DNA -- Measurement of in vivo synthesis rates -- Method for measuring mRNA decay rate in saccharomyces cerevisiae -- Analysis of polysomes from bacteria -- Polysome profile analysis - yeast -- Polysome analysis of mammalian cells -- Polysome analysis for determining mRNA and ribosome association in saccharomyces cerevisiae -- Oligo(dT)-primed RT-PCR isolation of polyadenylated RNA degradation intermediates -- Circularized RT-PCR (cRT-PCR): analysis of the 5' ends, 3' ends, and poly(A) tails of RNA -- RNA radiolabeling -- Fluorescently labeling synthetic RNAs -- Analysis of RNA by analytical polyacrylamide gel -- RNA purification by preparative polyacrylamide gel -- Explanatory chapter: nucleic acid concentration determination -- RNA purification-precipitation methods -- Reverse transcriptase dideoxy sequencing of RNA -- RNA structure experimental analysis-chemical modification -- Structural analysis of RNA backbone using in-line probing.
- 2013 SpringerGupta, Vijai Kumar; Tuohy, Maria G.Laboratory Protocols in Fungal Biology presents the latest techniques in fungal biology. This book analyzes information derived through real experiments, and focuses on cutting edge techniques in the field. The book comprises 57 chapters contributed from internationally recognised scientists and researchers. Experts in the field have provided up-to-date protocols covering a range of frequently used methods in fungal biology. Almost all important methods available in the area of fungal biology viz. taxonomic keys in fungi; histopathological and microscopy techniques; proteomics methods; genomics methods; industrial applications and related techniques; and bioinformatics tools in fungi are covered and complied in one book. Chapters include introductions to their respective topics, list of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and notes on troubleshooting. Each chapter is self-contained and written in a style that enables the reader to progress from elementary concepts to advanced research techniques. Laboratory Protocols in Fungal Biology is a valuable tool for both beginner research workers and experienced professionals.
- 2011 Springer ProtocolsMurray, Graeme I.Laser capture microdissection : methods and applications / Kristen DeCarlo . [and others] -- Laser microdissection for gene expression profiling / Lori A. Field [and others] -- Gene expression using the PALM system / Jian-Xin Lu and Cheuk-Chun Szeto -- Immunoguided microdissection techniques / Michael A. Tangrea [and others] -- Optimized RNA extraction from non-deparaffinized laser-microdissected material / Danny Jonigk [and others] -- Laser capture microdissection for analysis of gene expression in formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded Tissue / Ru Jiang, Rona S. Scott, and Lindsey M. Hutt-Fletcher -- MicroRNA profiling using RNA from microdissected immunostained tissue / Clemens L. Bockmeyer [and others] -- Profiling solid tumor heterogeneity by LCM and biological MS of fresh-frozen tissue sections / Donald J. Johann [and others] -- Amplification testing in breast cancer by multiplex ligation-dependent probe amplification of microdissected tissue / Cathy B. Moelans, Roel A. de Weger, and Paul J. van Diest -- Detection and quantification of MicroRNAs in laser-microdissected formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded breast cancer tissues / Sarkawt M. Khoshnaw [and others] -- Laser capture microdissection applications in breast cancer proteomics / Rene B.H. Braakman [and others] -- Proteomic analysis of laser microdissected ovarian cancer tissue with SELDI-TOF MS / Isabelle Cadron [and others] -- LCM Assisted biomarker discovery from archival neoplastic gastrointestinal tissues / Patricia A. Meitner and Murray B. Resnick -- Purification of diseased cells from Barrett's esophagus and related lesions by laser capture microdissection / Masood A. Shammas and Manjula Y. Rao -- Laser microdissection of intestinal epithelial cells and downstream analysis / Benjamin Funke -- Application of laser microdissection and quantitative PCR to assess the response of esophageal cancer to neoadjuvant chemo-radiotherapy / Claus Hann von Weyhern and Bjorn L.D.M. Brucher -- Oligonucleotide microarray expression profiling of contrasting invasive phenotypes in colorectal cancer / Christopher C. Thorn, Deborah Williams, and Thomas C. Freeman -- Evaluation of gastrointestinal mtDNA depletion in mitochondrial neurogastrointestinal encephalomyopathy (MNGIE) / Carla Giordano and Giulia d'Amati -- Laser microdissection for gene expression study of hepatocellular carcinomas arising in cirrhotic and non-cirrhotic livers / Maria Tretiakova and John Hart -- Laser capture microdissection of pancreatic ductal adeno-carcinoma cells to analyze EzH2 by western blot analysis / Aamer M. Qazi [and others] -- Laser-capture microdissection of renal tubule cells and linear amplification of RNA for microarray profiling and real-time PCR / Susie-Jane Noppert, Susanne Eder, and Michael Rudnicki -- Subcellular renal proximal tubular mitochondrial toxicity with tenofovir treatment / James J. Kohler and Seyed H. Hosseini -- Application of laser-capture microdissection to study renal carcinogenesis / Kerstin Stemmer and Daniel R. Dietrich -- Laser-capture microdissection and transcriptional profiling in archival FFPE tissue in prostate cancer / Ajay Joseph and Vincent J. Gnanapragasam -- Quantitative analysis of the enzymes associated with 5-Fluorouracil metabolism in prostate cancer biopsies / Tomoaki Tanaka -- Microdissection of gonadal tissues for gene expression analyses / Anne Jørgensen, Marlene Danner Dalgaard, and Si Brask Sonne -- Duplex real-time PCR assay for quantifying mitochondrial DNA deletions in laser microdissected single spiral ganglion cells / Adam Markaryan, Erik G. Nelson, and Raul Hinojosa -- Neuronal type-specific gene expression profiling and laser-capture microdissection / Charmaine Y. Pietersen . [et al.] -- Region-specific in situ hybridization-guided laser-capture microdissection on postmortem human brain tissue coupled with gene expression quantification / Rene Bernard, Sharon Burke, and Ilan A. Kerman -- UV-laser microdissection and mRNA expression analysis of individual neurons from postmortem Parkinson's disease brains / Jan Grundemann, Falk Schlaudraff, and Birgit Liss -- Transcriptome profiling of murine spinal neurulation using laser capture microdissection and high-density oligonucleotide microarrays / Shoufeng Cao, Boon-Huat Bay, and George W. Yip -- Probing the CNS microvascular endothelium by immune-guided laser-capture microdissection coupled to quantitative RT-PCR / Nivetha Murugesan [and others] -- Laser-capture microdissection for factor VIII-expressing endothelial cells in cancer tissues / Tomoatsu Kaneko [and others] -- Laser-capture microdissection and analysis of liver endothelial cells from patients with Budd-Chiari syndrome / Selcuk Sozer and Ronald Hoffman -- Laser-capture microdissection of hyperlipidemic/ApoE-/- mouse aorta atherosclerosis / Michael Beer [and others] -- Gene expression profiling in laser-microdissected bone marrow megakaryocytes / Kais Hussein -- Specific RNA collection from the rat endolymphatic sac by laser-capture microdissection (LCM) : LCM of a very small organ surrounded by bony tissues / Kosuke Akiyama [and others] -- Use of laser capture microdissection on adult human articular cartilage for gene expression analysis / Naoshi Fukui, Yasuko Ikeda, and Nobuho Tanaka -- Laser-capture microdissection of developing barley seeds and cDNA array analysis of selected tissues / Johannes Thiel, Diana Weier, and Winfriede Weschke -- Quantitative RT-PCR gene expression analysis of a laser microdissected placenta : an approach to study preeclampsia / Yuditiya Purwosunu [and others].
- 2013 SpringerGophna, Uri."Although the phenomenon of lateral gene transfer has been known since the 1940s, it was the genomics era that has really revealed the extent and many facets of this evolutionary/genetic phenomenon. Even in the early 2000s with but a handful of genomes available, it became clear that the nature of microorganisms is full of genetic exchange between lineages that are sometimes far apart. The years following this saw an explosion of genomic data, which shook the "tree of life" and also raised doubts about the most appropriate species concepts for prokaryotes. This book represents the manyfold contributions of LGT to the evolution of micro and, to an extent, macroorganisms by focusing on the areas where it has the largest impact: metabolic innovations and adaptations and speciation." Back cover.
- 2007Bradley, John; Johnson, David; Pober, Barbara R.
- 2013 Springer ProtocolsRose, Ray J.Featuring current resources used to discover new legume family genes and to understand genes and their interactions, Legume Genomics: Methods and Protocols provides techniques from expert researchers to study these plants that are so vitally important for food, feed, human nutrition, bioenergy, and industrial purposes. This detailed volume covers genome characterization and analysis, transcriptome analysis and miRNA identification/analysis, forward and reverse genetics, molecular markers, as well as transformation strategies used to investigate gene function and many other topics. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Authoritative and useful, Legume Genomics: Methods and Protocols aims to serve plant molecular biologists, molecular breeders, plant physiologists and biochemists, developmental biologists, and those interested in plant-microbe interactions.
- 2007 Springer ProtocolsMcIntosh, Thomas J.Overview of membrane rafts / Thomas J. McIntosh -- Analysis of raft affinity of membrane proteins by detergent-insolubility / Deborah A. Brown -- Nondetergent isolation of rafts / Mehul B. Shah and Pravin B. Sehgal -- Detecting ordered domain formation (lipid rafts) in model membranes using tempo / Omar Bakht and Erwin London -- Using monomolecular films to characterize lipid lateral interactions / Rhoderick E. Brown and Howard L. Brockman -- Electro-formation and fluorescence microscopy of giant vesicles with coexisting liquid phases / Sarah L. Veatch -- Fluorescence correlation spectroscopy / Kristen Bacia and Petra Schwille -- Multiphoton laser-scanning microscopy and spatial analysis of dehydroergosterol distributions on plasma membrane of living cells / Avery L. McIntosh ... [et al.] -- NMR detection of lipid domains / Ivan V. Polozov and Klaus Gawrisch -- Lateral diffusion coefficients of raft lipids from pulsed field gradient NMR / Greger Orädd and Göran Lindblom -- Saturation-recovery electron paramagnetic resonance discrimination by oxygen transport (DOT) method for characterizing membrane domains / Witold K. Subczynski ... [et al.] -- Plasmon-waveguide resonance spectoscopy studies of lateral segregation in solid-supported proteolipid bilayers / Zdzislaw Salamon, Savitha Devanathan, and Gordon Tollin -- Fluorescence recovery after photobleaching studies of lipid rafts / Anne K. Kenworthy -- Single-molecule tracking / Marija Vrljic, Stefanie Y. Nishimura, and W.E. Moerner -- X-ray diffraction to determine the thickness of raft and nonraft bilayers / Thomas J. McIntosh -- Small-angle neutron scattering to detect rafts and lipid domains / Jeremy Pencer ... [et al.] -- Exploring membrane domains using native membrane sheets and transmission electron microscopy / Bridget S. Wilson ... [et al.] -- Atomic force microscopy of lipid domains in supported model membranes / Alan R. Burns -- Atomistic and coarse-grained computer simulations of raft-like lipid mixtures / Sagar A. Pandit and H. Larry Scott -- A microscopic model calculation of the phase diagram of ternary mixtures of cholesterol and saturated and unsaturated phospholipids / R. Elliott, I. Szleifer, and M. Schick.
- 2002 Springer ProtocolsBasu, Manju; Basu, Subhash C.
- 2013 Springer ProtocolsBäckvall, Helena; Lehtiö, Janne.Part I. Low Molecular Weight Analysis Methods. Narrow-Range Peptide Isoelectric Focusing as Peptide Prefractionation Method Prior to Tandem Mass Spectrometry Analysis / Maria Pernemalm -- Analysis of Peptides by Denaturing Ultrafiltrationand LC-MALDI-TOF-MS / Yanming An and Radoslav Goldman -- Stable Isotope Labeling Methods in Protein Profiling / Johan Lengqvist and AnnSofi Sandberg -- Development of MRM-Based Assays for the Absolute Quantitation of Plasma Proteins / Michael A. Kuzyk, Carol E. Parker, Dominik Domanski, and Christoph H. Borchers -- Mass Spectrometric Profiling of Low-Molecular-Weight Proteins / Matthias Rainer, Constantin Sajdik, and Günther K. Bonn -- Developing an iMALDI Method / Brinda Shah, Jennifer D. Reid, Michael A. Kuzyk, Carol E. Parker, and Christoph H. Borchers -- Analysis of Neuropeptides by MALDI Imaging Mass Spectrometry / Anna Ljungdahl, Jörg Hanrieder, Jonas Bergquist, and Malin Andersson -- Highly Multiplexed Antibody Suspension Bead Arrays for Plasma Protein Profiling / Kimi Drobin, Peter Nilsson, and Jochen M. Schwenk -- Part II. Bioinformatics Of Proteomics Data. Protein Quantification by Peptide Quality Control (PQPQ) of Shotgun Proteomics Data / Jenny Forshed -- Part III Methods Applied In Clinical Research. Collection and Handling of Blood Specimens for Peptidomics / Harald Tammen and Rudiger Hess -- An Automated RP-SCX Solid-Phase Extraction Procedure for Urinary Peptidomics Biomarker Discovery Studies / Crina I.A. Balog, Rico Derks, Oleg A. Mayboroda, and André M. Deelder -- Application of Phage Display for Ligand Peptidomics to Identify Peptide Ligands Binding to AQP2-Expressing Membrane Fractions / Byung-Heon Lee and Tae-Hwan Kwon -- Protein Expression Profiling of Brain Tumor Tissue Using SELDI-MS / Carl Wibom -- Comprehensive Analysis of MHC Ligands in Clinical Material by Immunoaffinity-Mass Spectrometry / Kie Kasuga.
- 2002 CRCnetBASEVan Dyke, Christopher; Van Dyke, Knox; Woodfork, Karen.
- 2003 Springer Protocolsv. 2 Springer ProtocolsDriscoll, Barbara.v. 1. Molecular pathology methods and reviews: Characteristic genetic alterations in lung cancer / Wistuba, II and A.F. Gazdar -- Clinical and biological relevance of recently defined categories of pulmonary neoplasia / E. Gabrielson -- Molecular epidemiology of human cancer risk. Gene-environment interactions and p53 mutation spectrum in human lung cancer / K. Vahakangas -- Neuroendocrine phenotype of small cell lung cancer / J.M. Coulson, M. Ocejo-Garcia and P.J. Woll -- Aids-associated pulmonary cancers / K. Katariya and R.J. Thurer-Abrogation of the rb-p16 tumor suppressor pathway in human lung cancer / J. Geradts -- Sensitive detection of hypermethylated p16ink4a alleles in exfoliative tissue material / M. Schuermann and M. Kersting -- Role of receptor tyrosine kinases in lung cancer / G. Maulik, T. Kijima and R. Salgia -- Relationship of egfr signal-transduction modulation by tyrosine kinase inhibitors to chemosensitivity and programmed cell death in lung cancer cell lines / W. Lei, P.P. Koty and M.L. Levitt -- Detection of the transcripts and proteins for the transforming growth factor-beta isoforms and receptors in mouse lung tumorigenesis using in situ hybridization and immunohistochemistry in paraffin-embedded tissue sections / S.B. Jakowlew and J. Mariano -- Alterations in the expression of insulin-like growth factors and their binding proteins in lung cancer / C.M. Coleman and A. Grimberg -- Screening of mutations in the ras family of oncogenes by polymerase chain reaction-based ligase chain reaction / A. Martinez [and others] -- Assays for raf-1 kinase phosphorylation and activity in human small cell lung cancer cells / R.K. Ravi and B.D. Nelkin -- Gamma-glutamylcysteine synthetase in lung cancer. Effect on cell viability / K. Jarvinen, Y. Soini and V.L. Kinnula -- Localization of cyclooxygenase-2 protein expression in lung cancer specimens by immunohistochemical analysis / S.A. Wardlaw and T.H. March -- Non-ri protocols for l-myc allelotyping and deletion mapping of chromosome 1p in primary lung cancers / K. Hiyama, C. Mendoza and E. Hiyama -- Intercellular adhesion molecules (icam-1, vcam-1, and lfa-1) in adenocarcinoma of lung. Technical aspects / A.E. Fraire [and others] -- Muc1 expression in lung cancer / E. Szabo -- Altered surface markers in lung cancer. Lack of cell-surface fas/apo-1 expression in pulmonary adenocarcinoma may allow escape from immune surveillance / Y. Nambu and D.G. Beer -- Prognostic relevance of angiogenic, proliferative, and apoptotic factors in lung carcinomas. A case review / M. Volm and R. Koomagi -- Morphological assessment of apoptosis in human lung cells / L.D. Dwyer-Nield [and others] -- [d-arg6, d-trp7,9, nmephe8]-substance p (6-11) activates jnk and induces apoptosis in small cell lung cancer cells via an oxidant-dependent mechanism / A. MacKinnon and T. Sethi -- Isolation of cells entering different programmed cell death pathways using a discontinuous percoll gradient / P.P. Koty [and others] -- Angiogenesis, metastasis, and lung cancer. An overview / A. Onn and R.S. Herbst -- Matrix metalloproteinase expression in lung cancer / M. Lim and D.M. Jablons -- Vascular endothelial growth factor expression in non-small cell lung cancer / K.J. O'Byrne [and others] -- Regulation of angiostatin mobilization by tumor-derived matrix metalloproteinase-2 / M.A. Moses and M.S. O'Reilly -- In vitro and in vivo assays for the proliferative and vascular permeabilization activities of vascular endothelial growth factor (vegf) and its receptor / S. Yano, R.S. Herbst and S. Sone -- Detection of telomerase activity in lung cancer tissues / K. Hiyama and E. Hiyama -- Analysis of alterations in a base-excision repair gene in lung cancer / N. Bhattacharyya and S. Banerjee -- Induction of lung cancer by passive smoking in an animal model system / H. Witschi -- Metastatic orthotopic mouse models of lung cancer / R.M. Hoffman -- Lung-specific expression of mutant p53 as mouse model for lung cancer / K.M. Tchou-Wong and W.N. Rom -- Use of nucleotide excision repair-deficient mice as a model for chemically induced lung cancer / D.L. Cheo and E.C. Friedberg -- Nude mouse lung metastases models of osteosarcoma and Ewing's sarcoma for evaluating new therapeutic strategies / S.F. Jia, R.R. Zhou and E.S. Kleinerman -- Tumor-specific metastasis to lung using reporter gene-tagged tumor cells / L.A. Culp [and others] -- Cultures of surgical material from lung cancers. A kinetic approach / B.C. Baguley, E.S. Marshall and T.I. Christmas -- The hollow fiber assay / L.A. Hall [and others]. v. 2. Diagnostic and therapeutic methods and reviews: Molecular and genetic aspects of lung cancer / W.N. Rom and K.M. Tchou-Wong -- Molecular alterations in lung cancer. Impact on prognosis / T. Kijima, G. Maulik and R. Salgia -- Cellular predictive factors of drug resistance in non-small cell lung carcinomas / M. Volm, R. Koomagi and W. Rittgen -- Clinical implications of p53 mutations in lung cancer / B.G. Campling and W.S. el-Deiry -- An epidemiologic and clinicopathologic overview of aids-associated pulmonary Kaposi's sarcoma / D.M. Aboulafia -- Myeloperoxidase promoter region polymorphism and lung cancer risk / X. Wu, M.B. Schabath and M.R. Spitz -- Clinical utility of tumor markers in the management of non-small cell lung cancer / D.E. Niewoehner and J.B. Rubins -- Detection of chromosomal aberrations in lung tissue and peripheral blood lymphocytes using interphase fluorescence in situ hybridization (fish) / R.A. el-Zein and S.Z. Abdel-Rahman -- In situ analysis of telomerase rna gene expression as a marker for tumor progression / W.N. Keith -- A high-throughput methodology for identifying molecular targets overexpressed in lung cancers / T. Wang and S.G. Reed -- Expression profiling of lung cancer based on suppression subtraction hybridization (ssh) / S. Petersen and I. Petersen -- Comparative genomic hybridization of human lung cancer / I. Petersen -- Sensitive assays for detection of lung cancer. Molecular markers in blood samples / M.V. Fournier [and others] -- Fluorescent microsatellite analysis in bronchial lavage as a potential diagnostic tool for lung cancer / J.K. Field and T. Liloglou -- Southern blotting of genomic DNA from lung and its tumors. Application to analysis of allele loss on chromosome 11p15.5 / D.M. Pitterle and G. Bepler -- Assessment of insulin-like growth factors and mutagen sensitivity as predictors of lung cancer risk / X. Wu [and others] -- Comparative multiplex pcr and allele-specific expression analysis in human lung cancer. Tools to facilitate target identification / J. Heighway [and others] -- Detection of k-ras point mutations in sputum from patients with adenocarcinoma of the lung by point-exacct / V.A. Somers and F.B. Thunnissen -- Detection of k-ras and p53 mutations by "mutant-enriched" pcr-rflp / M. Schuermann -- Detection of small cell lung cancer by rt-pcr for neuropeptides, neuropeptide receptors, or a splice variant of the neuron restrictive silencer factor / J.M. Coulson [and others] -- Utilization of thyroid transcription factor-1 immunostaining in the diagnosis of lung tumors / N.G. Ordonez -- Molecular biologic substaging of stage i nsclc through immunohistochemistry performed on formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissue / M.B. Joshi, T.A. D'Amico and D.H. Harpole, Jr. -- A sensitive immunofluorescence assay for detection of p53 protein in the sputum / Z. Feng, D. Tian and R. Goldman -- Spr1. An early molecular marker for bronchial carcinogenesis / D. Lau [and others] -- Determination of biological parameters on fine-needle aspirates from non-small cell lung cancer / C. Bozzetti [and others] -- Detection and analysis of lung cancer cells from body fluids using a rare event imaging system / S.K. Kraeft, R. Salgia and L.B. Chen -- Reconstruction of geno-phenotypic evolutionary sequences from intracellular patterns of molecular abnormalities in human solid tumors / S.E. Shackney [and others] -- Surgical treatment of lung cancer. Past and present / C.F. Mountain and K.E. Hermes -- Recent advances and dilemmas in the radiotherapeutic management of locally advanced non-small cell lung cancer / B. Movsas -- Photodynamic therapy in lung cancer. A review / D. Ost -- Gene therapy for lung cancer. An introduction / E.B. Haura, E. Sotomayor and S.J. Antonia -- Identifying obstacles to viral gene therapy for lung cancer. Malignant pleural effusions as a paradigm / R.K. Batra, R.M. Bernal and S. Sharma -- Topical gene therapy for pulmonary diseases with pei-DNA aerosol complexes / A. Gautam [and others] -- Targeted delivery of expression plasmids to the lung via macroaggregated polyethylenimine-albumin conjugates / F.M. Orson [and others] -- Preparation of retroviral vectors for cell-cycle-targeted gene therapy of lung cancer / P.P. Claudio and A. Giordano -- Aerosol gene therapy for metastatic lung cancer using pei-p53 complexes / A. Gautam [and others] -- Clinical development of antisense oligonucleotides as anti-cancer therapeutics / H.X. Chen -- Antisense oligonucleotides targeting ri alpha subunit of protein kinase a. In vitro and in vivo anti-tumor activity and pharmacokinetics / R. Zhang and H. Wang -- Use of antisense oligonucleotides for therapy. Manipulation of apoptosis inhibitors for destruction of lung cancer cells / S.H. Leech, R.A. Olie and U. Zangemeister-Wittke -- Induction of programmed cell death with an antisense bcl-2 oligonucleotide / P.P. Koty, W. Lei and M.L. Levitt -- Tumor vaccination with cytokine-encapsulated microspheres / N.K. Egilmez [and others] -- Adoptive immunotherapy / J.A. Kim and S. Shu -- Intratumoral therapy with cytokine gene-modified dendritic cells in murine lung cancer models / S. Sharma [and others] -- Cyclooxygenase 2-dependent regulation of antitumor immunity in lung cancer / S. Sharma [and others] -- Chemoprevention of lung cancer / H. Witschi-Assessing the interaction of particulate delivery systems with lung surfactant / T.S. Wiedmann -- Chemopreventive therapeutics. Inhalation therapies for lung cancer and bronchial premalignancy / M. Haigentz, Jr. and R. Perez-Soler.
- 2009 SpringerGoodsell, David S.Introduction -- Molecular machines -- The processes of living -- Molecules in cells: Escherichia coli -- A human cell: The advantages of compartments -- The human body: The advantages of specialization -- Life and death -- Viruses -- You and your molecules.
- Macromolecular crystallography : deciphering the structure, function and dynamics of biological molecules2012 SpringerCarrondo, Maria Arménia; Spadon, Paola.
- v. 1-2, 2006. Springer Protocolsv. 2, 2006 Springer ProtocolsDoublié, Sylvie.v. 1. A Generic Method for the Production of Recombinant Proteins in Escherichia coli Using a Dual Hexahistidine-Maltose-Binding Protein Affinity Tag / Joseph E. Tropea ... [et al.] -- Cloning, Production, and Purification of Proteins for a Medium-Scale Structural Genomics Project / Sophie Quevillon-Cheruel ... [et al.] -- Baculoviral Expression of an Integral Membrane Protein for Structural Studies / Dean R. Madden and Markus Safferling -- Protein Engineering / Sonia, Longhi, Francois Ferron, and Marie-Pierre Egloff -- Production of Selenomethionyl Proteins in Prokaryotic and Eukaryotic Expression Systems / Sylvie Doublié -- How to Use Dynamic Light Scattering to Improve the Likelihood of Growing Macromolecular Crystals / Gloria E. O. Borgstahl -- Screening and Optimization Methods for Nonautomated Crystallization Laboratories / Terese Bergfors -- Improving Marginal Crystals / Charles W. Carter, Jr. and Madeleine Riès-Kautt -- Optimization Techniques for Automation and High Throughput / Naomi E. Chayen -- Three-Dimensional Crystallization of Membrane Proteins / James Féthière -- Crystallization of Protein-DNA Complexes / Thomas Hollis -- Preparation and Crystallization of RNA / Barbara L. Golden -- Crystallization of RNA-Protein Complexes / Eiji Obayashi ... [et al.] -- Index. v. 2. Cryocrystallography of Macromolecules: Practice and Optimization / Elspeth Garman and Robin L. Owen -- Determination of Reaction Intermediate Structures in Heme Proteins / Kelvin Chu -- Annealing Macromolecular Crystals / B. Lief Hanson and Gerard J. Bunick -- First Analysis of Macromolecular Crystals: Biochemistry and X-Ray Diffraction / David Jeruzalmi -- X-Ray Data Collection from Macromolecular Crystals / Elspeth Garman and Robert M. Sweet -- Characterizing a Crystal from an Initial Native Dataset / Michael R. Sawaya -- Molecular Replacement / Eric A. Toth -- Phase Determination using Halide Ions / Miroslawa Dauter and Zbigniew Dauter -- The Same But Different: Isomorphous Methods for Phasing and High-Throughput Ligand Screening / Mark A. Rould -- Substructure Determination in Multiwavelength Anomalous Diffraction, Single Anomalous Diffraction, and Single Isomorphous Replacement with Anomalous Scattering Data Using Shake-and-Bake / G. David Smith, Christopher T. Lemke, and P. Lynne Howell -- Substructure Determination in Isomorphous Replacement and Anomalous Diffraction Experiments / Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve and Thomas R. Schneider -- Automated Structure Solution with autoSHARP / Clemens Vonrhein, Eric Blanc, Pietro Roversi, and Gérard Bricogne -- Introduction to Macromolecular Refinement / Dale E. Tronrud -- Quality Control and Validation / Gerard J. Kleywegt -- Crystallographic Software: A Sustainable Resource for the Community / Stephen J. Everse and Sylvie Doublié -- Index. v. 1. Preparation and crystallization of macromolecules -- v. 2. Structure determination.
- 2011 Springer ProtocolsHadlaczky, Gyula.[Publisher-supplied data] The rapid progression of genetics and molecular biology has turned chromosomal engineering from science fiction to reality, with the successful production of transgenic animals with engineered chromosomes and chromosomes developed for pharmaceutical protein production which are now ready for the medical industry. Mammalian Chromosome Engineering: Methods and Protocols provides the reader with up-to date information on this rapidly evolving field and strives to take the reader into the exciting realm of chromosomal engineering from the basic principles to the practical applications of these new technologies. The five overview and ten protocol chapters cover the engineering of chromosomes with extrachromosomal vectors and transposon systems, the manipulation of naturally occurred minichromosomes, the generation and engineering of synthetic artificial chromosomes, and the induced de novo platform artificial chromosome system. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, protocols chapters contain brief introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Authoritative and cutting-edge, Mammalian Chromosome Engineering: Methods and Protocols serves as a bench-side resource for current protocols and aims to help scientists to explore the many prospects for future research and vital applications.
- 2009 SpringerKamkin, A. G.; Lozinsky, Ilya.The volume dwells on the major issues of mechanical stress influencing the ion channels and intracellular signaling pathways. This book is a unique collection of reviews outlining current knowledge and future developments in this rapidly growing field. In our opinion the book presents not only the latest achievements in the field but also brings the problem closer to the experts in related medical and biological sciences as well as practicing doctors. Knowledge of the mechanisms which underlie these processes is necessary for understanding of the normal functioning of different living organs and tissues and allows to predict changes, which arise due to alterations of their environment, and possibly will allow to develop new methods of artificial intervention. We also hope that presenting the problem will attract more attention to it both from researchers and practitioners and will assist to efficiently introduce it into the practical medicine.
- 2011 SpringerKamkin, A. G.; Kiseleva, Irina.
- v. 1-, 2008- Springer
- 2008Goodman, Steven R.
- 2012 ClinicalKeyBoron, Walter F.; Boulpaep, Emile L.Medical Physiology, in its updated 2nd edition, firmly relates molecular and cellular biology to the study of human physiology and disease. Drs. Walter Boron and Emile Boulpaep and a team of leading physiologists present practical, accurate coverage emphasizing the clinical implications of the material. Each chapter explains the principles and organization of each body system, while more than 1400 high-quality, full-color line drawings and prominently featured clinical examples clarify every concept. This exceptionally detailed and comprehensive guide to physiology is ideal for a rich, straightforward, state-of-the-art understanding of this essential subject.Also available: Print – 2012
- 2015 SpringerDisalvo, E. Anibal.1. Membrane hydration: a hint to a new model for biomembranes -- 2. Use of x-ray and neutron scattering methods with volume measurements to determine lipid bilayer structure and number of water molecules/lipid -- 3. Water and lipid bilayers -- 4. Hydration forces between lipid bilayers: a theoretical overview and a look on methods exploring dehydration -- 5. Monitoring membrane hydration with 2-(dimethylamino)-6-acylnaphtalenes fluorescent probes -- 6. Long-range lipid-water interaction as observed by ATR-FTIR spectroscopy -- 7. Hydration and nanoconfined water: insights from computer simulations -- 8. Aquaphotomics: near infrared spectoscopy and water states in biological systems -- 9. Hydration in lipid monolayers: correlation of water activity and surface pressure -- 10. Water at biological phase boundaries: its role in interfacial activation of enzymes and metabolic pathways -- 11. Anhydrobiosis: an unsolved problem with applications in human welfare -- Concluding remarks -- Index.
- 2003 Springer ProtocolsSelinsky, Barry Steven.Expression and purification of the amphipathic form of rabbit cytochrome b5 in escherichia coli / L. Waskell -- Dihydroorotate dehydrogenase of escherichia coli / K.F. Jensen and S. Larsen -- A general approach for heterologous membrane protein expression in escherichia coli: The uncoupling protein, ucp1, as an example / A.Z. Shaw and B. Miroux -- Expression of membrane-bound iron-sulfur proteins / D. Schneider, C.L. Schmidt and A. Seidler -- Heterologous expression of human scavenger receptor class b type i (sr-bi) in pichia pastoris / C.H. Han [and others] -- Expression of oligomeric amiloride-sensitive epithelial sodium channel in sf9 insect cells / U.S. Rao -- Functional expression of his-tagged rhodopsin in sf9 insect cells / G.J. Bosman [and others] -- Preparation of glycerol facilitator for protein structure and folding studies in solution / D. Manley and J.D. O'Neil -- Solubilization of chemokine receptors from cell membranes / R. Staudinger and J.C. Bandres -- A systematic approach for the solubilization of the integral membrane protein lysophospholipid: Acyl-coa acyltransferase (lat) / C. Kerkhoff and V. Kaever -- Purification of omp50, a minor porin of campylobacter jejuni / J.M. Bolla -- Purification of porins from mycobacterium smegmatis / C. Heinz, E. Roth and M. Niederweis -- Isolation of the melanocortin 5 receptor: From cdna sequence to isolating an integral membrane protein / B.L. Clarke -- Purification of mammalian serine palmitoyltransferase, a hetero-subunit enzyme for sphingolipid biosynthesis, by affinity-peptide chromatography / K. Hanada and M. Nishijima -- Purification of phosphatidylglycerophosphate synthase from cultured mammalian cells / K. Kawasaki and M. Nishijima -- Purification of pancreastatin receptor from rat liver membranes / V. Sanchez-Margalet, J. Santos-Alvarez and S. Diaz-Troya -- Purification, reconstitution, and functional characterization of zinc transporter from rat renal brush border membranes / R. Prasad -- Isolation of lipid raft-associated proteolipids / J. Millan [and others] -- Purification of membrane-bound catechol-o-methyltransferase / M.J. Bonifacio and P. Soares-da-Silva -- Purification and characterization of transporter proteins from human erythrocyte membrane / D.N. Wang, M.J. Lemieux and J.M. Boulter -- Purification of the human erythrocyte ps-stimulated mg2+-atpase: A putative ps flippase / J.V. Lyles [and others] -- Reconstitution and assay of biogenic membrane-derived phospholipid flippase activity in proteoliposomes / S.N. Gummadi [and others] -- Expression, purification, and reconstitution of rat liver carnitine palmitoyltransferase i / N.F. Brown -- Crystallization in lipidic cubic phases: A case study with bacteriorhodopsin / V.I. Gordeliy [and others] -- Optical biosensor assay using retroviral receptor pseudotypes / J. Rucker.
- 2009 Springer ProtocolsPeirce, Matthew J.; Wait, Robin.Online tools for predicting integral membrane proteins / H. Bigelow and B. Rost -- In silico identification of novel G protein coupled receptors / M.N. Davies and D.R. Flower -- Transcriptome-based identification of candidate membrane proteins / E.J. Evans ... [et al.] -- Separation of thylakoid membrane proteins by sucrose gradient ultracentrifugation or blue native-SDS-PAGE two-dimensional electrophoresis / G.M. D'Amici, C.G. Huber and L. Zolla -- Extraction of yeast mitochondrial membrane proteins by solubilization and detergent/polymer aqueous two-phase partitioning / H. Everberg, N. Gustavsson and F. Tjerneld -- 16-BAC/SDS-PAGE analysis of membrane proteins of yeast mitochondria purified by free flow electrophoresis / R.J. Braun ... [et al.] -- Sequential detergent extraction prior to mass spectrometry analysis / F.M. McCarthy, A.M. Cooksey and S.C. Burgess -- Enrichment of brain plasma membranes by affinity two-phase partitioning / J. Schindler and H.G. Nothwang -- Protocol to enrich and analyze plasma membrane proteins / R.J. Wisniewski -- Proteomic analysis of the lymphocyte plasma membrane using cell surface biotinylation and solution-phase isoelectric focusing / M.J. Peirce, A.P. Cope and R. Wait -- Identification of target membrane proteins as detected by phage antibodies / C.A. Geuijen, A.Q. Bakker and J. de Kruif -- Membrane protease degradomics: proteomic identification and quantification of cell surface protease substrates / G.S. Butler ... [et al.] -- Purification of basolateral integral membrane proteins by cationic colloidal silica-based apical membrane subtraction / R.J. Goode and R.J. Simpson -- Moving closer to the lipid raft proteome using quantitative proteomics / L.J. Foster -- Use of sequential chemical extractions to purify nuclear membrane proteins for proteomics identification / N. Korfali ... [et al.] -- Isolation of extracellular membranous vesicles for proteomic analysis / R.A. Mathias ... [et al.] -- Enrichment of human platelet membranes for proteomic analysis / D.W. Greening ... [et al.] -- Detergents and chaotropes for protein solubilization before two-dimensional electrophoresis / T. Rabilloud -- Two-dimensional separation of membrane proteins by 16-BAC-SDS-PAGE / H.G. Nothwang and J. Schindler -- MudPIT analysis: application to human heart tissue / K.G. Kline and C.C. Wu -- Liquid chromatography MALDI MS/MS for membrane proteome analysis / N. Wang, J.B. Young and L. Li -- Cysteinyl-tagging of integral membrane proteins for proteomic analysis using liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry / S.K. Mitra and M.B. Goshe -- Quantitative proteomics analysis of pancreatic zymogen granule membrane proteins / X. Chen and P.C. Andrews.
- 2003 Springer ProtocolsYan, Qing.Pharmacogenomics of membrane transporters an overview / Q. Yan -- The iubmb-endorsed transporter classification system / W. Busch and M.H. Saier, Jr. -- Bioinformatics and data integration in membrane transporter studies / Q. Yan -- DNA microarrays to analyze gene expression in animals with altered transporter expression / G.W. Miller -- Microarray data analysis in studies of membrane transporters / D. Hu -- Laser capture microdissection to examine transporter expression in specific cell regions / O. Rho and G.W. Miller -- Site-directed mutagenesis in the study of membrane transporters / R.M. Ryan, A.D. Mitrovic and R.J. Vandenberg -- Fluorescence techniques for studying membrane transport proteins: The p-glycoprotein multidrug transporter / F.J. Sharom [and others] -- Reconstitution of membrane transporters / F.J. Sharom and P.D. Eckford -- Equilibrium binding and transport studies / A.M. Ojeda [and others] -- Electrophysiological studies of ion channels and therapeutic potential with adenovirus-mediated gene transfer / J. Qu, T.V. Pham and M.N. Obreztchikova -- Antibody production and immunocytochemical localization of amino acid transporters / D.V. Pow, R. Sullivan and H. Scott -- Xenopus laevis oocytes / S. Broer -- Measurement of intracellular ph / F.B. Loiselle and J.R. Casey -- Small-angle x-ray scattering studies of membrane transporter peripheral components and soluble domains / B.H. Shilton -- Membrane protein nmr studies / S.J. Opella -- Analysis of soluble sugar permease domains by solution nmr / T.A. Wilkinson and Y. Chen -- Molecular modeling and molecular dynamics simulations of membrane transporter proteins / D.S. Dwyer -- Imaging plasma membrane proteins by confocal microscopy / S.W. Tsang and P.M. Haney.
- 2011 SpringerNelson, Karen E.1.The human genome, microbiomes, and disease -- 2. Host genotype and the effect on microbial communities -- 3. The human microbiome and host-pathogen interactions -- 4. The human virome -- 5. Selection and sequencing of strains as references for human microbiome studies -- 6. The human vaginal microbiome -- 7. The human lung microbiome -- 8. The human skin microbiome in health and skin diseases -- 9. The human oral microbiome -- 10. Retraction: the human and his microbiome risk factors for infections -- 11. Retraction: infectogenomics: aspect of host responses to microbes in digestive tract -- 12. Autoimmune disease and human metagenome -- 13. Metagenomic applications and the potential for understanding chronic liver disease -- 14. Symbiotic gut microbiota and the modulation of human metabolic phenotypes -- 15. MetaHIT: the European Union project on metagenomics of the human intestinal tract -- 16. Implications of human microbiome research for the developing world -- Index.
- 2014 Springer ProtocolsJi, Yinduo.Clinical, epidemiologic, and laboratory aspects of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infections / Elizabeth L. Palavecino -- Community-associated methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus case studies / Madeleine G. Sowash and Anne-Catrin Uhlemann -- Rapid methods for detection of MRSA in clinical specimens / Elizabeth L. Palavecino -- Immunofluorescence microscopy for the detection of surface antigens in methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) / Yekaterina Timofeyeva, Ingrid L. Scully, and Annaliesa S. Anderson -- Internal transcribed spacer (ITS)-PCR identification of MRSA / Shin-ichi Fujita -- Pulsed-field gel electrophoresis typing of Staphylococcus aureus isolates / Yiping He, Yanping Xie, and Sue Reed -- Multilocus sequence typing (MLST) of Staphylococcus aureus / Nicholas A. Saunders and Anne Holmes -- Staphylococcal cassette chromosome mec (SCCmec) analysis of MRSA / Teruyo Ito ... [and 6 others] -- Genetic interruption of target genes for investigation of virulence factors / Adhar C. Manna -- Molecular analysis of staphylococcal superantigens / Wilmara Salgado-Pabón, Laura C. Case-Cook, and Patrick M. Schlievert -- Investigation of Staphylococcus aureus adhesion and invasion of host cells / Junshu Yang and Yinduo Ji -- Investigation of biofilm formation in clinical isolates of Staphylococcus aureus / James E. Cassat, Mark S. Smeltzer, and Chia Y. Lee -- Transcriptomic analysis of Staphylococcus aureus using microarray and advanced next-generation RNA-seq technologies / Ting Lei, Aaron Becker, and Yinduo Ji -- Proteomic aproach to investigate pathogenicity and metabolism of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus / Patrice Franc̦ois ... [and 3 others] -- Metabolomic investigation of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus / Ting Lei ... [and 3 others] -- Treatment of infections due to resistant Staphylococcus aureus / Gregory M. Anstead, Jose Cadena, and Heta Javeri -- Anti-infective drug development for MRSA / Anu Daniel -- Animal models in drug development for MRSA / Andrea Marra.
- 2007 Springer ProtocolsJi, Yinduo.Clinical, epidemiologic, and laboratory aspects of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) infections / Elizabeth Palavecino -- MRSA case studies / Kurt D. Reed, Mary E. Stemper, and Sanjay K. Shukla -- MIC analysis and susceptibility testing of MRSA / German Bou -- ITS-PCR identification of MRSA / Shin-ichi Fujita -- Pulsed-field gel electrophoresis of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus / Kurt D. Reed, Mary E. Stemper, and Sanjay K. Shukla -- Multilocus sequence typing (MLST) of Staphylococcus aureus / Nicholas A. Saunders and Anne Holmes -- Staphylococcal cassette chromosome mec (SCCmec) analysis of MRSA / Teruyo Ito, Kyoko Kuwahara, and Keiichi Hiramatsu -- Targeted gene disruption for the analysis of virulence of Staphylococcus aureus / J. Ross Fitzgerald -- Molecular analysis of staphylococcal superantigens / Patrick M. Schlievert and Laura C. Case -- Investigation of biofilm formation in clinical isolates of Staphylococcus aureus / James E. Cassat, Chia Y. Lee, and Mark S. Smeltzer -- Comparative analysis of staphylococcal adhesion and internalization by epithelial cells / Xudong Liang and Yinduo Ji -- Comparative analysis of MRSA / Fumihiko Takeuchi, Tadashi Baba, and Keiichi Hiramatsu -- Genomic analysis of gene expression of Staphylococcus aureus / Chuanxin Yu ... [et al.] -- Proteomic approach to investigate methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus / Patrice Francois ... [et al.] -- Environmental surveillance for methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus / J. Scott Weese -- The control and prevention of MRSA infections / Liangsu Wang and John F. Barrett -- Treatment of infections due to resistant Staphylococcus aureus / Gregory M. Anstead, Gabriel Quinones-Nazario, and James S. Lewis II.
- 2013 ScienceDirectPerez, Franck; Stephens, David J.
- 2015 Springer ProtocolsOwen, Dylan M.Introduction to membrane lipids /Richard M. Epand -- Introduction : membrane properties (good) for life /Marek Cebecauer -- Introduction to fluorescence probing of biological membranes /Alexander P. Demchenko ... [et al.] -- Assembly and use of tethered bilayer lipid membranes (tBLMs) /Charles Cranfield ... [et al.] -- Preparation of detergent-resistant membranes (DRMs) from cultured mammalian cells /Deborah A. Brown -- Isolation of giant plasma membrane vesicles for evaluation of plasma membrane structure and protein partitioning /K. R. Levental and I. Levental -- Asymmetric giant lipid vesicle fabrication /Peichi C. Hu and Noah Malmstadt -- Cholesterol depletion using Methyl-[Beta]-cyclodextrin /Saleemulla Mahammad and Ingela Parmryd -- Comparative LC-MS based profiling approach to analyze lipid composition in tissue culture systems /G. Ekin Atilla-Gokcumen and Ulrike S. Eggert -- Imaging membrane order using environmentally sensitive fluorophores /G.W. Ashdown and Dylan M. Owen -- 3D super-resolution imaging by localization microscopy /Astrid Magenau and Katharina Gaus -- Electron microscopy methods for studying plasma membranes /Alison J. Beckett and Ian A. Prior -- Measuring cytoskeleton and cellular membrane mechanical properties by atomic force microscopy /Charles Roduit ... [et al.] -- Fluorescence linear dichroism imaging for quantifying membrane order /Richard K. P. Benninger -- Scanning fluorescence correlation spectroscopy on biomembranes /Eduard Hermann, Jonas Ries, and Ana J. García-Sáez -- X-ray diffraction of lipid model membranes /Arwen I. I. Tyler, Robert V. Law, and John M. Seddon -- Solid state NMR of lipid model membranes /Arwen I. I. Tyler ... [et al.] -- Fluorescence recovery after photobleaching (FRAP) : acquisition, analysis, and applications /Michael Carnell, Alex Macmillan, and Renee Whan -- Laurdan spectral phasor method to explore membrane micro-heterogeneity and lipid domains in live cells /Ottavia Golfetto, Elizabeth Hinde, and Enrico Gratton -- Cholesterol behavior in asymmetric lipid bilayers : insights from molecular dynamics simulations /Semen O. Yesylevskyy and Alexander P. Demchenko -- Computer simulations of phase separation in lipid bilayers and monolayers /Svetlana Baoukina and D. Peter Tieleman.
- 2007 Springer ProtocolsDopico, Alex M.
- v. 1-, 1984- Springer ProtocolsTurksen, Kursad; Walker, John M.
- v. 1-, 1996- Springer ProtocolsWalker, John M.
- 2015 Springer ProtocolsAndres, Vicente; Dorado, Beatriz.Use of mouse models in atherosclerosis research / Godfrey S. Getz and Catherine A. Reardon -- Cytokines and immune responses in murine atherosclerosis / Pascal J. H. Kusters and Esther Lutgens -- Intravital microscopy for atherosclerosis research / Remco T. A. Megens and Oliver Soehnlein -- Noninvasive molecular imaging of mouse atherosclerosis / Martina A. McAteer and Robin P. Choudhury -- Oil red O and hematoxylin and eosin staining for quantification of atherosclerosis burden in mouse aorta and aortic root / M. Jesús Andrés-Manzano, Vicente Andrés, and Beatriz Dorado -- Isolation, culture, and polarization of murine bone marrow-derived and peritoneal macrophages / Inés Pineda-Torra ... [et al.] -- Isolation of mouse primary aortic endothelial cells by selection with specific antibodies / Pedro Molina-Sánchez and Vicente Andrés -- Isolation and culture of aortic smooth muscle cells and in vitro calcification assay / Ricardo Villa-Bellosta and Magda R. Hamczyk -- Immunostaining of macrophages, endothelial cells, and smooth muscle cells in the atherosclerotic mouse aorta / Prashanthi Menon and Edward A. Fisher -- Immunostaining of lymphocytes in mouse atherosclerotic plaque / Anton Gisterå and Daniel F. J. Ketelhuth -- Flow cytometric analysis of immune cells within murine aorta / Breanne N. Gjurich, Parésa L. Taghavie-Moghadam, and Elena V. Galkina -- In vitro differentiation of naïve CD4+ T cells : a tool for understanding the development of atherosclerosis / Salvador Iborra and Jose M. González-Granado -- Quantification of apoptosis in mouse atherosclerotic lesions / Nichola L. Figg and Martin R. Bennett -- Quantification of cellular proliferation in mouse atherosclerotic lesions / José J. Fuster -- Quantification of in vitro macrophage cholesterol efflux and in vivo macrophage-specific reverse cholesterol transport / Joan Carles Escolà-Gil ... [et al.] -- In vitro macrophage phagocytosis assay / Magda R. Hamczyk, Ricardo Villa-Bellosta, and Vicente Andrés -- Glucose and insulin tolerance tests in the mouse / Ángela Vinué and Herminia González-Navarro -- Wire myography to study vascular tone and vascular structure of isolated mouse arteries / Lara del Campo and Mercedes Ferrer -- Pressure myography to study the function and structure of isolated small arteries / Olav L. Schjørring, Rune Carlsson, and Ulf Simonsen -- Generation of aorta transcript atlases of wild-type and apolipoprotein E-null mice by laser capture microdissection-rased mRNA expression microarrays / Changjun Yin ... [et al.] -- Analysis of gene and protein expression in atherosclerotic mouse aorta by western blot and quantitative real-time PCR / José Rivera-Torres -- Bone marrow transplantation in mice to study the role of hematopoietic cells in atherosclerosis / Vinatha Sreeramkumar and Andrés Hidalgo -- Tandem stenosis to induce atherosclerotic plaque instability in the mouse / Yung Chih Chen, Jennifer Rivera, and Karlheinz Peter -- Detection of intraplaque hemorrhage in mouse atherosclerotic lesions / Judith C. Sluimer, Marion J. Gijbels, and Sylvia Heeneman -- Mechanical stabilization of mouse carotid artery for in vivo intravital microscopy imaging of atherogenesis / Raphaël Chèvre -- Intravital microscopy in the cremaster muscle microcirculation for endothelial dysfunction studies / Cristina Rius and María J. Sanz -- Fluorescent molecular tomography for in vivo imaging of mouse atherosclerosis / Alicia Arranz ... [et al.] -- In vivo 18F-FDG-PET imaging in mouse atherosclerosis / Jesús Mateo ... [et al.] -- Magnetic resonance imaging of the atherosclerotic mouse aorta / Jesús Mateo ... [et al.].
- 2011 ScienceDirectJameson, Daniel; Verma, Malkhey; Westerhoff, Hans V.Also available: Print – 2011
- v. 4-5, 2005-07. Springerv. 5 (2007) Springer
- This searchable database is a collection of in vivo molecular imaging agents developed for positron emission tomography (PET), single photon emission computed tomography (SPECT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasound (US), computed tomography (CT), and optical imaging. MICAD, a key component of the "Molecular Libraries and Imaging" program of the NIH Roadmap, is being developed by NCBI, the National Center for Biotechnology Information".
- 2009 SpringerPollack, Jonathan R.DNA microarray technology. Introduction / J.R. Pollack -- Comparative genomic hybridization on BAC arrays / B.P. Coe ... [et al.] -- Comparative genomic hybridization on spotted oligonucleotide microarrays / Y.H. Kim and J.R. Pollack -- Comparative genomic hybridization by representational oligonucleotide microarray analysis / R. Lucito and J. Byrnes -- Application of oligonucleotides arrays for coincident comparative genomic hybridization, ploidy status and loss of heterozygosity studies in human cancers / J.K. Cowell and K.C. Lo -- Molecular inversion probe assay for allelic quantitation / H. Ji and K. Welch -- A whole-genome amplification protocol for a wide variety of DNAs, including those from formalin-fixed and paraffin-embedded tissue / P.L. Paris -- Algorithms for calling gains and losses in array CGH data / P. Wang -- Methylation analysis by microarray / D.E. Deatherage ... [et al.] -- Methylation analysis by DNA immunoprecipitation (MeDIP) / E.A. Vucic ... [et al.] -- Combining chromatin immunoprecipitation and oligonucleotide tiling arrays (ChIP-Chip) for functional genomic studies / J. Eeckhoute, M. Lupien and M. Brown -- ChIP-Chip: algorithms for calling binding sites / X.S. Liu and C.A. Meyer -- Mapping regulatory elements by DNaseI hypersensitivity chip (DNase-Chip) / Y. Shibata and G.E. Crawford -- Microarray analysis of DNA replication timing / N. Karnani, C.M. Taylor and A. Dutta -- Integration of diverse microarray data types / K. Salari and J.R. Pollack.Also available: Print – 2009
- 2012 SpringerJordan, Bertrand.Microarray technology has made strong progress over the past decade, and there have also been significant changes in application areas, from nucleic acids to proteomics and from research to clinical applications. This book provides a comprehensive overview of microarrays in diagnostics and biomarker development, covering DNA, peptide, protein and tissue arrays. The focus is on entities that are in actual clinical use, or quite close, and on recent developments, such as peptide and aptamer arrays. A further topic is the miniaturisation towards nanoarrays, which is expected to have great potential in clinical applications. Relevant issues of bioinformatics and statistical analysis of array data are discussed in detail, as well as the barriers to the commercialisation of array-based tests and the vexing IP issues involved. Thus, the book should be very useful tor active array users as well as to newcomers seeking to make the best choice between different technologies.
- 2011 SpringerCohen, Georges N.Bacterial growth -- The outer membrane of gram-negative bacteria and the cytoplasmic membrane -- Peptidoglycan synthesis and cell division -- Cellular permeability -- Allosteric enzymes -- Glycolysis, gluconeogenesis and glycogen synthesis -- The pentose phosphate and Entner-Doudoroff pathways -- The tricarboxylic acid cycle and the glyoxylate bypass -- ATP-generating processes : respiration and fermentation -- Biosynthesis of lipids -- Iron-sulfur proteins -- The archaea -- Methanogens and methylotrophs -- Enzyme induction in catabolic systems -- Transcription : RNA polymerase -- Negative regulation -- Enzyme repression in anabolic pathways -- Positive regulation -- The ribosomes -- The genetic code, the transfer RNAs and the aminoacyl-tRNA-synthetases -- Attenuation -- Riboswitches -- The biological fixation of nitrogen -- How biosynthetic pathways have been established -- The aspartic acid family of amino acids : biosynthesis -- Regulation of the biosynthesis of the amino acids of the aspartic acid family in Enterobacteriaceae -- Other patterns of regulation of the synthesis of amino acids of the aspartate family -- Biosynthesis of the amino acids of the glutamic acid family and its regulation -- Biosynthesis of amino acids derived from phosphoglyceric acid and pyruvic acid -- Selenocysteine and selenoproteins -- Biosynthesis of aromatic amino acids and its regulation -- The biosynthesis of histidine and its regulation -- The biosynthesis of nucleotides -- The biosynthesis of deoxyribonucleotides -- Biosynthesis of some water-soluble vitamins and of their coenzyme forms -- Biosynthesis of carotene, vitamin A, sterols, ubiquinones and menaquinones -- Biosynthesis of the tetrapyrrole ring system -- Biosynthesis of cobalamins including vitamin B12 -- Interactions between proteins and DNA -- Evolution of biosynthetic pathways.
- ABCs of gene cloning. 2nd ed. — Encyclopedia of molecular mechanisms of disease (143)
- Encyclopedic reference of genomics and proteomics in molecular medicine — Microbial biochemistry. 2nd ed. (143)
- Microbial proteomics : functional biology of whole organisms — Plant virology protocols : from viral sequence to protein function. 2nd ed. (143)
- Plant-pathogen interactions : methods and protocols. Second edition. [2nd ed.] — Yeast protocols. Third Edition. [3rd ed.] (142)
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Access restricted to Stanford community
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
Can't find it?
Look if we have it in print
- Springer Protocols
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
A repository of medical knowledge from internal medicine, cardiology, genetics, pharmacy, diagnosis and management, basic sciences, patient care, and more.
Continuously expanding, all databases in the repository contain the latest editions of selected medical titles.MicroMedex: Premier pharmaceutical information source containing multiple databases and drug reference tools. Of particular value is DRUGDEX Evaluations, one of the most comprehensive drug sources available.DynaMed is a clinical information resource used by physicians to answer clinical questions quickly and easily at the point of care. Topics are updated daily as new evidence becomes available.Scopus is the largest abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature: scientific journals, books and conference proceedings.A drug information resource containing: American Hospital Formulary System (AHFS), drug formulary for Lucile Packard Children's Hospital (LPCH) and Stanford Hospital & Clinics (SHC), Lexi-Drugs (adverse reactions, dosage and administration, mechanism of action, storage, use, and administration information), Lexi-Calc, Lexi-ID, Lexi-I.V. Compatibility (King Guide), Lexi-Interact, and Lexi-PALS.Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature (CINAHL) contains coverage of nursing and allied health literature.A knowledge database that provides access to topic reviews based on over 6000 clinically relevant articles. The evidence-based content, updated regularly, provides the latest practice guidelines in 59 medical specialtiesProvides critical assessments of systematic reviews compiled from a variety of medical journals.Selects from the biomedical literature original studies and systematic reviews that are immediately clinically relevant and then summarizes these articles in an enhanced abstract with expert commentary.
Multidisciplinary coverage of over 10,000 high-impact journals in the sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities, as well as international proceedings coverage for over 120,000 conferences.
Includes cited reference searching, citation maps, and an analyze tool.
Features systematic reviews that summarize the effects of interventions and makes a determination whether the intervention is efficacious or not.
Cochrane reviews are created through a strict process of compiling and analyzing data from multiple randomized control trials to ensure comprehensiveness and reliability.Provides systematic coverage of the psychological literature from the 1800s to the present through articles, book chapters and dissertations.BMJ Clinical Evidence. A clinical information tool built around systematic reviews summarizing the current state of knowledge about prevention and treatment of clinical conditions.PIER (Physicians' Information and Education Resource) is a Web-based decision-support tool designed for rapid point-of-care delivery of up-to-date, evidence-based guidance for primary care physicians.Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials (CENTRAL) provides access to 300,000 controlled trials that have been identified the Cochrane Collaboration.Provides drug information targeted for patients.A continually updating drug monograph.The National Guideline Clearinghouse (NGC): A comprehensive database of evidence-based clinical practice guidelines and related documents.MedlinePlus: A repository of health information from the National Library of Medicine. Links are from trusted sites. No advertising, no endorsement of commercial companies or productsLPCH CareNotes via MicroMedex: Patient education handouts customized by LPCH clinical staffMicromedex Lab Advisor: Evidence based laboratory test informationA drug database organized by generic name, trade name and drug class.LPCH / Stanford Hospital Formulary.A goldmine of trusted consumer health information from the world's largest medical library.A trusted source of expert advice for and about kids, providing the information necessary to help patients and parents understand their unique needs.Provides patient handouts from the American Academy of Family Physician.Access to the Stanford Health Library for patients.Lane provides access to over 5,000 eBooks many of which provide helpful background material that will prepare you to better tackle primary literature.
Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities.
In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.A collection of biomedical books that can be searched directly by concept, and linked to terms in PubMed abstracts.
A web-based, decision support system for infectious diseases, epidemiology, microbiology and antimicrobial chemotherapy. The database, updated weekly, currently includes 337 diseases, 224 countries, 1,147 microbial taxa and 306 antibacterial (-fungal, -parasitic, -viral) agents and vaccines.
Over 10,000 notes outline the status of specific infections within each country.
Provides online, full-text access to Springer's journal titles as well as journals from other publishers.
Subjects include: life sciences, chemical sciences, environmental sciences, geosciences, computer science, mathematics, medicine, physics and astronomy, engineering and economics. Also includes eBooks.Collection of over 8 thousand fulltext titles in engineering, math, and basic and applied biomedical research. Coverage is from 1967 to the present.A library of ebooks on a wide array of topics, digitized and made available online in conjunction with the original publishers.