Books by Subject
- Advanced protocols in oxidative stres...
- — Radiology of osteoporosis. 2nd rev. e...
- SAGES manual ...........................
- — XIth International Symposium on Amylo...
- Advanced protocols in oxidative stress. I 2008, Springer ProtocolsVol. 1. Novel designed probes for the characterization of oxidative stress in biological fluids, cells, and tissues / Jacob Vaya -- A rapid and selective mass spectrometric method for the identification of nitrated proteins / Angela Amoresano ... [et al.] -- An easy and reliable automated method to estimate oxidative stress in the clinical setting / Cristina Vassalle -- Correlative transmission microscopy : cytochemical localization and immunocytochemical localization in studies of oxidative and nitrosative stress / E. Ann Ellis -- Detection of specifically oxidized apolipoproteins in oxidized HDL / Xiao Suo Wang and Roland Stocker -- High performance liquid chromatography/electron spin resonance/mass spectrometry analyses of lipid-derived radicals / Hideo Iwahashi -- EPR spin-trapping and nano LC MS/MS techniques for DEPMPO/OOH and immunospin-trapping with anti-DMPO antibody in mitochondrial electron transfer system / Yeong-Renn Chen -- Determination of high mitochondrial membrane potential in spermatozoa loaded with the mitochondrial probe 5,5',6,6'-tetrachloro-1,1',3,3'-tetraethylbenzimidazolyl-carbocyanine iodide (JC-1) and for using fluorescence-activated flow cytometry / H. David Guthrie and Glenn R. Welch -- 2,2,6,6-tetramethylpiperidin-1-oxyl probes for evaluating oxidative stress on the cell membrane and mitochondria / Hidehiko Nakagawa and Naoki Miyata -- Zymographical techniques for detection of matrix metalloproteinases / Shinichi Iwai ... [et al.] -- The use of in vivo microdialysis techniques to detect extracellular ROS in resting and contracting skeletal muscle / Graeme L. Close and Malcolm J. Jackson -- Cell-free antibody capture method for analysis of detergent-resistant membrane rafts / Anil Bamezai and Colleen Kennedy. Determination of acrolein by high-voltage capillary electrophoresis from oxidized fatty acids / Rafael Medina-Navarro. Cupric ion reducing antioxidant capacity assay for food antioxidants : vitamins, polyphenolics, and flavonoids in food extracts / Reşat Apak ... [et al.] -- Redox property of ribonucleotide reductase small subunit M2 and p53R2 / Xiyong Liu, Lijun Xue, and Yun Yen -- Antioxidant QSAR modeling as exemplified on polyphenols / Bono Lučić, Dragan Amić, and Nenad Trinajstić -- Immunohistochemical staining of cyclooxygenases with monoclonal antibodies / Ghassan M. Saed -- Examining the endogenous antioxidant response through immunofluorescent analysis of Nrf2 in tissue / Kathryn A. Lindl and Kellly L. Jordan-Sciutto -- Determination of oxidized and reduced CoQ10 and CoQ9 in human plasma/serum using HPLC-ECD / Ian N. Acworth, Paul A. Ullucci, and Pul H. Gamache. Paraoxonases (PON1, PON2, PON3) analysis in vitro and in vivo in relation to cardiovascular diseases / Michael Aviram and Mira Rosenblat -- Preparation, characterization, and use of antioxidant-liposomes / Hongsong Yang ... [et al.] -- Antioxidant activity of biotransformed sex hormones facilitated by Bacillus stearothermophilus / Mohammad Afzal, Sameera Al-Awadi, and Sosamma Oommen -- Biolistic mediated production of transgenic oil palm / Ghulam Kadir Ahmad Parveez -- Preparation of a multi-antioxidant formulation / John A. Mulnix and Brook E. Stoddard -- A functional genomics approach to identify and characterize oxidation resistance genes / Michael R. Volkert, Jen-Yeu Wang, and Nathan A. Elliott -- Genome-wide overexpression screen for activators of antioxidant gene transcription / Hendrik Luesch and Yanxia Liu -- Method for conducting microarray study of oxidative stress induced gene expression / Sita Subbaram, Juan A. Melendez, and Sridar V. Chittur -- A systems approach demonstrating sphingolipid-dependent transcription in stress responses / Alan J. Wilder and L. Ashley Cowart -- Bioluminescence : imaging modality for in vitro and in vivo gene expression / Ruxana T. Sadikot and Timothy S. Blackwell -- Reactive oxygen species and upregulation of NADPH oxidases in mechanotransduction of embryonic stem cells / Heinrich Sauer ... [et al.] -- Pooling data when analyzing biomarkers subject to a limit of detection / Leslie Rosenthal and Enrique Schisterman.
- Alkaliphiles 2006, Springer
- Amino acid biosynthesis 2007, Springer
- Amyloid and amyloidosis 2005, CRCnetBASEAmyloid fibrillogenesis -- AL amyloidosis -- AA amyloidosis -- Familial amyloidosis -- Central nervous system amyloidosis -- Localized amyloidosis -- Therapeutics -- Satellite symposium, Neurochem Inc.
- Amyloid and related disorders 2012, SpringerAbnormal proteins are known to be associated with various pathologies. Most notably, these include amyloidoses, monoclonal protein deposits associated with plasma cell dyscrasia/multiple myeloma, cryoglobulins and various related organized and non-organized deposits. Amyloid and Related Disorders presents an overview of the most recent developments in this area including clinical presentation, etiology, pathogenesis, and differential diagnosis. The rationale for various therapies, including transplantation, is discussed and tissue diagnosis (its pitfalls and strategies for avoiding them) and laboratory support are included. The involvement of all major organ systems including renal/genitourinary, cardiac, gastrointestinal, pulmonary, peripheral nerve/central nervous system, soft tissue and bone marrow pathology is covered. This approach provides a unifying concept of these pathologic processes, which have systemic involvement, and which have, hitherto, not been universally appreciated. Awareness of these diseases among a wider audience of pathologists may increase the rate of their diagnosis as well as that of earlier diagnosis. This volume will be invaluable to specialized and general pathologists as well as cytopathologists; other medical professionals may also benefit from this concise update on the systemic amyloidoses.
- Appetite control 2012, Springer
- Atlas of atherosclerosis and metabolic syndrome. 5th ed. 2011, Springer
- Atlas of metabolic diseases. 3rd ed. 2012, ebraryOrganic acidemias -- Disorders of amino acid metabolism -- Hyperammonemia and disorders of the urea cycle -- Disorders of fatty acid oxidation -- The lactic acidemias and mitochonrdial disease -- Disorders of carbohydrate metabolism -- Perioxisomal disorders -- Disorders of purine metabolism -- Disorders of transport and mineral metabolism -- Mucopolysaccharidoses -- Mucolipidoses -- Disorders of cholesterol and neutral lipid metabolism -- Lipid storage disorders -- Miscellaneous.
- Bioenergetics 2008, SpringerDiversity of the heme-copper superfamily in Archaea: insights from genomics and structural modeling / James Hemp, Robert B. Gennis -- Structure of Photosystems I and II / Petra Fromme, Ingo Grotjohann -- Microbial rhodopsins: scaffolds for ion pumps, channels, and sensors / Johann P. Klare, Igor Chizhov, Martin Engelhard -- Life close to the thermodynamic limit: how methanogenic Archaea conserve energy / Uwe Deppenmeier, Volker Müller -- ATP synthesis by decarboxylation phosphorylation / Peter Dimroth, Christoph von Ballmoos -- The three families of respiratory NADH dehydrogenases / Stefan Kerscher ... [et al.] -- Hydrogenases and H+-reduction in primary energy conservation / Paulette M. Vignais -- A structural perspective on mechanism and function of the cytochrome bc1 complex / Carola Hunte ... [et al.] -- Regulatory mechanisms of proton-translocating FoF1-ATP synthase / Boris A Feniouk, Masasuke Yoshida.
- Bioenergetics 3 2002, ScienceDirect
- Bioenergetics. Fourth edition [4th ed.]. 2013, ScienceDirectExtensively revised, the fourth edition of this highly successful book takes into account the many newly determined protein structures that provide molecular insight into chemiosmotic energy transduction, as well as reviewing the explosive advances in 'mitochondrial physiology'-the role of the mitochondria in the life and death of the cell. Covering mitochondria, bacteria and chloroplasts, the fourth edition of Bioenergetics provides a clear and comprehensive account of the chemiosmotic theory and its many applications. The figures have been carefully designed to be memorable and to convey the key functional and mechanistic information. Written for students and researchers alike, Bioenergetics is the most well-known, current and respected text on chemiosmotic theory and membrane bioenergetics available. Chapters are now divided between three interlocking sections: basic principles, structures and mechanisms, and mitochondrial physiology. Covers new advances in the structure and mechanism of key bioenergetic proteins, including complex I of the respiratory chain and transport proteins.Details cellular bioenergetics, mitochondrial cell biology and signal transduction, and the roles of mitochondria in physiology, disease and aging.Offers readers clear, visual representation of structural concepts through full colour figures throughout the book.
- Biotransport 2011, Springer
- Bone and mineral manual. 2nd ed. 2005, ScienceDirectIndications for bone mass measurement / Dorothy A. Nelson, Michael Kleerekoper -- A practical guide to bone densitometry / Dorothy A. Nelson, Michael Kleerekoper -- Laboratory analyses useful in the diagnosis of bone and calcium metabolic disorders / Hunter Heath, III -- Biochemical markers of bone remodeling / Michael Kleerekoper -- Skeletal imaging: radiographs, computed tomography (CT), and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) / Harry K. Genant -- Scintigraphy / Ignac Fogelman -- Hypocalcemia and hypercalcemia in neonates / Winston Koo -- Preterm infants with fractures / Winston Koo -- Rickets / John M. Pettifor --Osteogenesis imperfecta / Jay R. Shapiro, Paul Sponseller -- Juvenile osteoporosis / Craig B. Langman -- Fibrous dysplasia / Frederick S. Kaplan -- Optimizing peak bone mass / John M. Pettifor -- Bone disorders associated with primary or secondary amenorrhea / Michelle P. Warren, Sari Halpert -- Nephrolithiasis / Murray J. Favus -- Acute spinal cord injury and traumatic brain injury / Albert C. Clairmont, Velimir Matkovic -- Reflex sympathetic dystrophy / Albert C. Clairmont, Velimir Matkovic -- Evaluation of the patient with low bone density / Marjorie Luckey -- Calcium and vitamin D / Bess Dawson-Hughes --Pharmacologic therapy / Nelson Watts, Michael McClung -- Nonpharmacologic prevention and management of falls and fractures / Susan Greenspan -- Osteoporosis in men / Eric Orwoll -- Steroid-induced osteoporosis / Barbara P. Lukert -- Organ transplantation / Elizabeth Shane -- Paget disease of bone / Ethel S. Siris -- Renal bone diseases / Paul D. Miller, Edgar V. Lerma -- Metastatic bone disease / Socrates E. Papapoulos -- Osteomalacia / Carolyn Becker -- High bone mass / Michael P. Whyte -- Hypercalcemia -- Line Vautour, David Goltzman -- Primary hyperparathyroidism / John P. Bilezikian -- Hypocalcemia / Frederick R. Singer -- Phosphorous and magnesium / S. Abbas Raza, Marc K. Drezner -- Principles of patient and family education and support / Betsy McClung -- Resources for education and support / Betsy McClung.
- Bone-metabolic functions and modulators 2012, SpringerParathyroid Hormone and Parathyroid-Hormone-Related Protein: Normal Function, Diseases, and Emerging Therapeutics / Ling Qin and Nicola C. Partridge -- Vitamin D: Normal Function, Metabolism, Diseases, and Emerging Therapeutics / René St-Arnaud and Marie B. Demay -- Gonadal Hormones, Diseases, and Emerging Therapeutics / Faryal S. Mirza, Liam Zakko and Pamela Taxel -- Thyroid and Thyroid Hormone: Normal Function, Diseases, Disorders, Emerging Therapeutics / Paula H. Stern -- Pituitary Hormones and the Pathophysiology of Osteoporosis / Manasi Agrawal, Shitij Arora, Graziana Colaianni, Li Sun and Jameel Z. Iqbal, [et al.] -- Calcitonin: Its Physiological Role and Emerging Therapeutics / Jillian Cornish, Dorit Naot and T. John Martin -- Glucocorticoids, Inflammation, and Bone / Kong Wah Ng and T. John Martin -- Diseases of Energy and Lipid Metabolism and Bone: Emerging Therapeutics / Sumithra K. Urs and Clifford J. Rosen -- Diseases of Mineral Metabolism and Bone: Emerging Therapeutics for Postmenopausal Osteoporosiss / Paul D. Miller -- Renal Diseases and Bone: Emerging Therapeutics / Nancy S. Krieger and David A. Bushinsky -- Wasting Diseases and Metabolic Impact on Bone: Emerging Therapeutics and Treatment Options / Linda A. DiMeglio -- Paget's Disease of Bone: Pathogenesis and Treatment / Frederick R. Singer and G. David Roodman -- Bone Loss in Space Flight and Countermeasures /; Adrian D. LeBlanc, Elisabeth R. Spector and Victor S. Schneider --; Osteoimmunology: Relation to Disease and Therapy /; M. Neale Weitzmann and Roberto Pacifici -- Bone and the Ear / Kathleen C. Horner -- Bone and the cAMP Signaling Pathway: Emerging Therapeutics / Paul M. Epstein -- Nervous System Diseases, Disorders, and Bone: Emerging Therapeutics and Treatment Options / Mary F. Barbe and Steven N. Popoff.
- Cachexia and wasting 2006, Springer
- Calcium homeostasis and signaling in aging. 1st ed. 2002., ScienceDirect
- Calcium signalling and disease 2007, SpringerAnnexinopathies / M.J. Hayes ... [et al.] -- Calpains and human disease / I. Bertipaglia and E. Carafoli -- Gelsolin and diseases / L. Spinardi and W. Witke -- Guanylate cyclase-activating proteins and retina disease / W. Baehr and K. Palczewski -- Pathologies involving the S100 proteins and rage / C.W. Heizmann ... [et al.] -- The calcium-sensing receptor: Physiology, pathophysiology and CaR-based therapeutics / E.M. Brown -- Physiological roles of the Ca2+/CaM-dependent protein kinase cascade in health and disease / J. Colomer and A.R. Means -- Calcium channelopathies: Voltage-gated calcium channels / P.J. Adams and T.P. Snutch -- TRP channels in disease / S.E. Jordt and B.E. Ehrlich -- Diseases associated with altered ryanodine receptor activity / W.J. Durham ... [et al.] -- Inositol 1,4,5-tripshosphate receptor, calcium signalling and Huntington's disease / I. Bezprozvanny -- SERCA pumps and human diseases / A. Hovnanian -- The plasma membrane calcium ATPase and disease / B.L. Tempel and D.J. Shilling -- Diseases involving the Golgi calcium pump / J. Vanoevelen ... [et al.] -- Calcium signalling and cancer cell growth / T. Capiod ... [et al.] -- Calcium misregulation and the pathogenesis of muscular dystrophy / F.W. Hopf ... [et al.] -- Calcium and cell death / A. Verkhratsky -- Calcium and cell death: The mitochondrial connection / P. Bernardi and A. Rasola -- Role of calcium in the pathogenesis of Alzheimer's disease and transgenic models / K.N. Green ... [et al.] -- Calcium and cardiomyopathies / E.G. Kranias and D.M. Bers -- Calcium signalling and calcium transport in bone disease / H.C. Blair ... [et al.].
- Cellular physiology and metabolism of clinical exercise 2012, Springer1.Human Evolution and Physical Exercise: The Concept of Being "Born to Run" /Livio Luzi --2.Cell Morphology and Function: The Specificities of Muscle Cells /Anna Maestroni --3.The Cell Membrane of the Contractile Unit /Gianpaolo Zerbini --4.Gene Polymorphisms and Athletic Performance /Ileana Terruzzi --5.Nutrients and Whole-Body Energy Metabolism: The Impact of Physical Exercise /Stefano Benedini --6.Mitochondrial and Non-mitochondrial Studies of ATP Synthesis /Roberto Codella --7.Excessive Nutrients and Regional Energy Metabolism /Gianluca Perseghin --8.Muscle Biopsy To Investigate Mitochondrial Turnover /Rocco Barazzoni --9.Introduction to the Tracer-Based Study of Metabolism In Vivo /Andrea Caumo and Livio Luzi --10.Physical Activity and Inflammation /Raffaele Di Fenza and Paolo Fiorina --11.The HPA Axis and the Regulation of Energy Balance /Francesca Frigerio --12.Physical Exercise in Obesity and Anorexia Nervosa /Alberto Battezzati and Simona Bertoli --13.Physical Exercise and Transplantation /Valentina Delmonte, Vincenzo Lauriola, Rodolfo Alejandro and Camillo Ricordi --14.The Baboon as a Primate Model To Study the Physiology and Metabolic Effects of Exercise /Francesca Casiraghi, Alberto Omar Chavez, Nicholas Musi and Franco Folli.
- Clinical aspects and laboratory. 6th, rev. and updated ed. 2011, Springer
- Introduction: medical management of obesity -- Epidemiology of childhood obesity -- Pathophysiology of obesity -- Obesity in the context of child and adolescent development -- Evaluation of the obese child -- Respiratory complications -- Cardiovascular complications -- Insulin resistance, the metabolic syndrome, and type 2 diabetes -- Orthopedic complications -- Gastrointestinal complications -- Renal complications -- Neurologic complications -- Mental health issues -- Specific genetic causes of obesity -- Acute obesity-related emergencies -- Practice management strategies for obesity.
- Clinical trials in osteoporosis. 2nd ed. 2007, Springer
- An introduction to fasting, starvation, and food limitation / Marshall D. McCue -- A history of modern research into fasting, starvation, and inanition / Jean-Hervé Lignot and Yvon LeMaho -- Starvation in rotifers : physiology in an ecological context / Kevin L. Kirk -- Drosophila as a model for starvation : evolution, physiology, and genetics / Alen G. Gibbs and Lauren A. Reynolds -- Metabolic transitions during feast and famine in spiders / Johannes Overgaard and Tobias Wang -- Adaptation of the physiological, endocrine, and digestive system functions to prolonged food deprivation in fish / Nadav Bar and Helene Volkoff -- Starvation in subterranean species versus surface-dwelling species : crustaceans, fish, and salamanders / Frédéric Hervant -- Physiological responses to starvation in snakes : low energy specialists / Marshall D. McCue, Harvey B. Lillywhite, and Steven J. Beaupre -- Cardiovascular circuits and digestive function of intermittent-feeding sauropsids / Rike Campen and Matthias Starck -- Thermoregulatory adaptations to starvation in birds / Esa Hohtola -- Fasting in birds : general patterns and the special case of endurance flight / Susanne Jenni-Eiermann and Lukas Jenni -- Tissue-specific mass changes during fasting : the protein turnover hypothesis / Ulf Bauchinger and Scott R. McWilliams -- Seasonal changes in body mass and energy balance in wild small mammals / Xueying Zhang, Xinyu Liu, and Dehua Wang -- Changes in form and function of the gastrointestinal tract during starvation : from pythons to rats / Jehan-Hervé Lignot -- Changes in fatty acid composition during starvation in vertebrates : mechanisms and questions / Edwin R. Price and Teresa G. Valencak -- Physiological responses to fasting in bats / Miriam Ben-Hamo, Agustí Muñoz-Garcia, and Berry Pinshow -- Muscle protein and strength retention by bears during winter fasting and starvation / Hank Harlow -- Seasonal starvation in northern white-tailed deer / Duane E. Ullrey -- Fasting physiology of the pinnipeds : the challenges of fasting while maintaining high energy expenditure and nutrient delivery for lactation / Cory D. Champagne ... [et al.] -- The use and application of stable isotope analysis to the study of starvation, fasting, and nutritional stress in animals / Kent A. Hatch -- Fearing the danger point : the study and treatment of human starvation in the United Kingdom and India, c. 1880-1974 / Kevin Grant -- Quantitative physiology of human starvation : adaptations of energy expenditure, macronutrient metabolism, and body composition / Kevin D. Hall -- Alternate day fasting : effects on body weight and chronic disease risk in humans and animals / Krista A. Varady -- Horizons in starvation research/ Marshall D. McCue.
- Dipeptidyl aminopeptidases 2006, SpringerTopic I. Structure and function. Peptide substrates of dipeptidyl peptidases / Inger Brandt ... [et al.] Phosphorus-containing inhibitors of proteolytic enzymes / Angel Stöckel-Maschek ... [et al.] Biochemical properties of recombinant prolyl dipeptidases DPP-IV and DPP8 / Xin Chen. Prediction of dipeptidyl peptidase (DP) 8 structure by homology modelling / Melissa R. Pitman, R. Ian Menz, and Catherine A. Abbott -- Topic II. DPIV-related enzymes. Structure and function in dipeptidyl peptidase IV and related proteins / Mark D. Gorrell ... [et al.] Expression and function of dipeptidyl peptidase IV and related enzymes in cancer / Petr Busek ... [et al.] DP8 and DP9 have extra-enzymatic roles in cell adhesion, migration, and apoptosis / Denise M.T. Yu ... [et al.] In vivo effects of a potent, selective DPPII inhibitor: UAMC00039 is a possible tool for the elucidation of the physiological function of DPPII / Marie-Berthe Maes ... [et al.] Expression of dipeptidyl peptidase IV-like enzymes in human peripheral blood mononuclear cells / Sabine Wrenger ... [et al.] Dipeptidyl peptidase 8 has post-proline dipeptidyl aminopeptidase and prolyl endopeptidase activities / Joohong Park ... [et al.] Prolyl endopeptidase cleaves the apoptosis rescue peptide humanin and exhibits and unknown post-cysteine cleavage specificity / Joachim Wolfgang Bär ... [et al.] Distribution of dipeptidyl peptidase IV-like activity enzymes in canine and porcine tissue sections by RT-PCR / Leona Wagner ... [et al.] --Topic III. Metabolic disorders. Relative contribution of incretins to the glucose lowering effect of DP IV inhibitors in type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM) / Simon A. Hinke, Raymond A. Pederson, and Christopher H.S. McIntosh. Dipeptidyl peptidase IV: a molecular switch of vascular actions of neuropeptide Y / Lijun Li, Hans-Ulrich Demuth, and Zofia Zukowska -- Topic IV. Immune disorders. Dipeptidylpeptidase IV (DPIV) and alanyl-aminopeptidases (AAPs) as a new target complex for treatment of autoimmune and inflammatory diseases: proof of concept in a mouse model of colitis / Ute Bank ... [et al.] Dipeptidyl peptidases and inflammatory bowel disease / Catherine A. Abbott ... [et al.] Possible role of DP IV inhibitors in acne therapy / Anja Thielitz ... [et al.] Dipeptidyl peptidase-IV activity and/or structure homologs (DASH): contributing factors in the pathogenesis of rheumatic diseases? / Eva Balaziova ... [et al.] -- Topic V. Neuronal diseases. Dipeptidyl peptidase IV (DP IV, CD26) and aminopeptidase N (APN, CD13) as regulators of T cell function and targets of immunotherapy in CNS inflammation / Aliza Biton ... [et al.] CD26/DP IV in T cell activation and autoimmunity / Vera Preller ... [et al.] DPIV/CD26 and FAP in cancer: a tale of contradictions / Melanie L. Sulda, Catherine A. Abbott, and Martin Hildebrandt. Type-II transmembrane prolyl dipeptidases and matrix metalloproteinases in membrane vesicles of active endothelial cells / Monica Salamone ... [et al.] Extra-enzymatic roles of DPIV and FAP in cell adhesion and migration on collagen and fibronectin / Xin M. Wang ... [et al.] Role of neuropeptide Y and dipeptidyl peptidase IV in regulation of Ewing's sarcoma growth / Joanna Kitlinska ... [et al.] The role of CD26/DPP IV in preservation of early pulmonary graft function / Florian Johannes Jung ... [et al.]
- Drug metabolism 2005, Springer
- Drug metabolizing enzymes 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Dynamics of bone and cartilage metabolism. 2nd ed. 2006, ScienceDirectStructure, biosynthesis and gene regulation of collagens in cartilage and bone / Klaus von der Mark -- Fibrillogenesis and maturation of collagens / Simon P. Robins -- Vitamin K dependent proteins of bone and cartilage / Caren M. Gundberg and Satoru K. Nishimoto -- Noncollagenous proteins: glycoproteins and related proteins / Dick Heinegård, Pilar Lorenzo, and Tore Saxne -- Proteoglycans and glycosaminoglycans / Tim Hardingham -- Growth factors / Philippa Hulley, Graham Russell, and Peter Croucher -- Prostaglandins and proinflammatory cytokines / Lawrence G. Raisz and Joseph A. Lorenzo -- Integrins and other adhesion molecules / M.H. Helfrich and M.A. Horton -- Alkaline phosphatases / José Luis Millán -- Acid phosphatases / Helena Kaija ... [et al.] -- Matrix proteinases / Ian M. Clark and Gillian Murphy -- Mineralization, structure and function of bone / Adele L. Boskey -- Bone structure and strength / Ego Seeman -- The cells of bone / Jane B. Lian and Gary S. Stein -- Signaling in bone / T. John Martin and Natalie A. Sims -- Parathyroid hormone: structure, function and dynamic actions / Lorraine A. Fitzpatrick and John P. Bilezikian -- Interaction of parathyroid hormone-related peptide with the skeleton / David Goltzman -- The vitamin D hormone and its nuclear receptor: mechanisms involved in bone biology / Geert Carmeliet ... [et al.] -- Sex steroid effects on bone metabolism / David G. Monroe, Thomas C. Spelsberg, and S. Khosla -- Physiology of calcium and phosphate homeostasis / René Rizzoli and Jean-Philippe Bonjour -- The central control of bone remodelling / Paul A. Baldock ... [et al.] -- New concepts in bone remodeling / David W. Dempster and Hua Zhou -- Products of bone collagen metabolism / Juha Risteli and Leila Risteli -- Supramolecular structure of cartilage matrix / Peter Bruckner -- Products of cartilage metabolism / Daniel-Henri Manicourt, Jean-Pierre Devogelaer, and Eugene J.-M.A. Thonar -- Fluid dynamics of the joint space and trafficking of matrix products / Peter A. Simkin --Transgenic models of bone disease / Barbara E. Kream and John R. Harrison -- The role of genetic variation in osteoporosis / André G. Uitterlinden ... [et al.] -- Measurement of calcium, phosphate and magnesium / Heinrich Schmidt-Gayk -- Measurement of parathyroid hormone / Harald Jüppner and Ghada El-Hajj Fuleihan -- New horizons for assessment of vitamin D status in man / Gary L. Lensmeyer, Neil Binkley, and Marc K. Drezner -- Measurement of biochemical markers of bone formation / Kim E. Naylor and Richard Eastell -- Measurement of biochemical markers of bone resorption / Marius E. Kraenzlin and Markus J. Seibel -- Variability in the measurement of biochemical markers of bone turnover / Tuan V. Nguyen, Christian Meier, and Markus J. Seibel -- Validation of biochemical markers of bone turnover / Kim Brixen and Erik Fink Eriksen -- Genetic markers of joint disease / Michel Neidhart, Renate E. Gay, and Steffen Gay -- Laboratory assessment of postmenopausal osteoporosis / Patrick Garnero and Pierre D. Delmas -- Monitoring anabolic treatment / John P. Bilezikian and Mishaela R. Rubin -- Monitoring of antiresorptive therapy / Christian Meier, Tuan V. Ngyen, and Markus J. Seibel -- Age-related osteoporosis and skeletal markers of bone turnover / Clifford J. Rosen -- Steroid-induced osteoporosis / Ian R. Reid -- Transplantation osteoporosis: biochemical correlates of pathogenesis and treatment / Carolina A. Moreira Kulak and Elizabeth Shane -- Secondary osteoporosis / Jean E. Mulder, Carolina A. Moreira Kulak, and Elizabeth Shane -- Osteomalacia and rickets / Marc K. Drezner -- Assessment of bone and joint diseases: renal osteodystrophy / Esther A. González, Ziyad Al Aly, and Kevin J. Martin -- Primary hyperparathyroidism / Shonni J. Silverberg, and John P. Bilezikian -- Paget's disease of bone / Andreas Grauer, Ethel Siris, and Stuart Ralston -- Metastatic bone disease / Jean-Jacques Body -- Rare bone diseases / Michael P. Whyte -- Osteogenesis imperfecta / Francis H. Glorieux and Frank Rauch -- Rheumatoid arthritis and other inflammatory joint pathologies / Steven R. Goldring and Mary B. Goldring -- Osteoarthritis and degenerative spine pathologies / Kristina Åkesson.
- Endocrine and metabolic disorders. 4th ed. 2009, CRCnetBASE
- Energy balance and cancer v. 1-, 2011-, Springer
- Energy balance and hematologic malignancies 2012, Springer
- Energy metabolism and lifespan determination. 1st ed. 2003., ScienceDirect
- Energy metabolism and obesity 2008, SpringerMolecular Physiology of Monogenic and Syndromic Obesities in Humans / Wendy K. Chung and Rudolph L. Leibel -- Leptin Signaling In the Brain / Ofer Reizes, Stephen C. Benoit, and Deborah J. Clegg -- Inactivating Melanocortin-4 Receptor Mutations and Human Obesity / Ya-Xiong Tao -- The Role of Central Melanocortins in Cachexia / Daniel L. Marks -- The Efferent Arm of the Energy Balance Regulatory Pathway: Neuroendocrinology and Pathology / Robert H. Lustig -- Adiponectin: A Multifunctional Adipokine / Kristen Clarke and Robert L. Judd -- The Role of the Gastrointestinal Hormones Ghrelin, Peptide YY and Glucagon-like Peptide-1 in the Regulation of Energy Balance / Ruben Nogueiras, Hilary Wilson, Diego Perez-Tilve and Matthias H. Tschöp -- The Role of Growth Hormone Secretagogues and Ghrelin in Feeding and Body Composition / Cyril Y. Bowers, Blandine Laferrère, David Hurley, and Johannes D. Veldhuis -- Interaction Between Physical Activity and Genetic Factors in Complex Metabolic Disease / Paul W. Franks and Stephen M. Roth -- 11ss-Hydroxysteroid Dehydrogenase Type 1 and Obesity / Roland H. Stimson and Brian R. Walker -- Prader-Willi Syndrome : A Model of Disordered Energy Homeostasis / Andrea Haqq -- Antipsychotic Medication-Induced Weight Gain and Risk for Diabetes and Cardiovascular Disease / John W. Newcomer -- Treatment of Insulin Resistance in Youth: The Role of Metformin / Molly Emott and Michael Freemark -- The Surgical Approach to Morbid Obesity / Edward E. Mason, Mohammad K. Jamal and Thomas O'Dorisio.
- Exercise, energy balance, and cancer 2013, Springer
- Fabry disease 2006, NCBI Bookshelf
- Fed up! 2005, ebraryThe fattest generation -- Obese twins and thrifty genes -- Size, health, and self-esteem -- Teaching children how to eat for life -- Off the couch and away from the screen -- Programming babies for health, before and after birth -- Eating lessons at school -- Finding help for an overweight child -- Action for healthy communities.
- Food, diet and obesity 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Gaucher disease 2006, CRCnetBASEChapter 1. Introduction: Overview and Historical Perspective / Roscoe O. Brady -- Chapter 2. Gaucher Disease: Molecular Biology and Genotype-Phenotype Correlations / Kathleen S. Hruska, Mary E. LaMarca, and Ellen Sidransky -- Chapter 3. Cell Biology and Biochemistry of Acid β-Glucosidase: The Gaucher Disease Enzyme / Gregory A. Grabowski, Andrzej Kazimierczuk, and Benjamin Liou -- Chapter 4. Saposin C and Other Sphingolipid Activator Proteins / Silvia Locatelli Hoops, Thomas Kolter, and Konrad Sandhoff -- Chapter 5. The X-Ray Structure of Human Acid-β-Glucosidase: Implications for Second-Generation Enzyme Replacement Therapy / Lakshmanane Premkumar, Israel Silman, Joel L. Sussman, and Anthony H. Futerman -- Chapter 6. Cellular Pathology in Gaucher Disease / Anthony H. Futerman -- Chapter 7. The Biochemistry and Cellular Biology of Sphingolipids and Glucosylceramide / James A. Shayman -- Chapter 8. The Development of Enzyme Replacement Therapy for Lysosomal Diseases: Gaucher Disease and Beyond / Edward H. Schuchman and Silvia Muro -- Chapter 9. Gaucher Disease Animal Models / Ying Sun, You-Hai Xu, and Gregory A. Grabowski -- Chapter 10. Type 1 Gaucher Disease - Clinical Features / Pramod K. Mistry and Ari Zimran -- Chapter 11. Neuronopathic Gaucher Disease / Raphael Sc hiffmann and Ashok Vellodi -- Chapter 12. Pathologic Anatomy of Gaucher Disease: A Pictorial Essay / Robert E. Lee -- Chapter 13. Neuropathological Aspects of Gaucher Disease / Kondi Wong -- Chapter 14. Diagnosis and Laboratory Features / Carla E.M. Hollak and Johannes M.F.G. Aerts -- Chapter 15. Imaging in Gaucher Disease, Focusing on Bone Pathology / Mario Maas and Erik M. Akkerman -- Chapter 16. Radionuclide Evaluation of Gaucher Disease / Giuliano Mariani and Paola A. Erba -- Chapter 17. Epidemiology and Screening Policy / Peter J. Meikle, Maria Fuller, and John J. Hopwood Chapter 18. Enzyme Replacement Therapy for Type I Gaucher Disease / Ari Zimran, Bruno Bembi, and Gregory M. Pastores -- Chapter 19. Substrate Reduction Therapy / Frances M. Platt and Timothy M. Cox -- Chapter 20. Pharmacologic Chaperone Therapy for Lysosomal Diseases / Robert J. Desnick and Jian-Qiang Fan -- Chapter 21. The Significance of the Blood-Brain Barrier for Gaucher Disease and Other Lysosomal Storage Diseases / David J. Begley -- Chapter 22. Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation, Stem Cells, and Gene Therapy / Charles Peters and William Krivit -- Chapter 23. Ethical Concerns in Treating Rare Diseases with Expensive Therapy / Deborah Elstein and Avraham Steinberg -- Chapter 24. Societal Aspects in Treating Rare Diseases with Expensive Therapy / Deborah Elstein and Avi Israeli -- Chapter 25. Gaucher Disease as a Model for an Orphan Disease: Medical Aspects / Jill Waalen and Ernest Beutler -- Chapter 26. Meeting the Needs of Patients with Gaucher Disease: Pioneering a Sustainable Model for Ultra-Orphan Diseases / David P. Meeker and Henri A. Termeer -- Chapter 27. Patients’ Perspective / Susan Lewis, Tanya Collin-Histed, Jeremy Manuel, and Greg Macres -- Chapter 28. Societal Perspective: Comment / Abby Alpert, Alan M. Garber, and Dana P. Goldman -- Chapter 29. Gaucher Associations Around the World.
- Ghrelin in health and disease 2012, Springer
- Global perspectives on childhood obesity. 1st ed. 2011, ScienceDirectChapter 1. Pediatric Obesity: A Pediatrician's Viewpoint / Allison Collins, Rebecka Peebles -- Chapter 2. Salient Features on Child Obesity from the Viewpoint of a Nutritionist / Bernard Waysfeld, Dominique Adele Cassuto -- Chapter 3. Developmental Trajectories of Weight Status in Childhood and Adolescence / Samar Hejazi, V. Susan Dahinten, Pamela A. Ratner, Sheila K. Marshall -- Chapter 4. The Measurement and Epidemiology of Child Obesity / David S. Freedman, Cynthia L. Ogden, Sarah E. Cusick -- Chapter 5. Good-Enough Parenting, Self-Regulation, and the Management of Weight-Related Problems / Moria Golan -- Chapter 6. Nursing Perspective on Childhood Obesity / Cynthia Yensel, Carrie Tolman -- Chapter 7. Contemporary Racial/Ethnic and Socioeconomic Patterns in U.S. Childhood Obesity / Gopal K. Singh, Michael D. Kogan -- Chapter 8. Prediabetes among Obese Youth / Orit Pinhas-Hamiel, Phil Zeitler -- Chapter 9. Prediabetes and Type 2 Diabetes: An Emerging Epidemic among Obese Youth / Kathryn Love-Osborne -- Chapter 10. Prevalence of the Metabolic Syndrome in U.S. Youth / Sarah E. Messiah, Kristopher L. Arheart, Steven E. Lipshultz, Tracie L. Miller -- Chapter 11. Emerging Pathways to Child Obesity Starts from the Mother's Womb: A Prospective View / Ashik Mosaddik -- Chapter 12. The Social, Cultural and Familial Contexts Contributing to Childhood Obesity / Cathy Banwell, Helen Kinmonth, Jane Dixon -- Chapter 13. Cardiovascular Risk Clustering in Obese Children / Ram Weiss -- Chapter 14. A Link between Maternal and Childhood Obesity / Siân Robinson -- Chapter 15. Is Prenatal Exposure to Maternal Obesity Linked to Child Mental Health? / Alina Rodriguez -- Chapter 16. Sleep and Obesity in Children and Adolescents / Amy Darukhanavala, Silvana Pannain -- Chapter 17. Cellular Remodeling during the Growth of the Adipose Tissue / Coralie Sengenès, Virginie Bourlier, Jean Galitzky, Alexia Zakaroff-Girard, Max Lafontan, Anne Bouloumié -- Chapter 18. Children Obesity, Glucose Tolerance, Ghrelin, and Prader-Willi Syndrome / Simonetta Bellone, Arianna Busti, Sara Belcastro, Gianluca Aimaretti, Gianni Bona, Flavia Prodam -- Chapter 19. Insulin Resistance and Glucose Metabolism in Childhood Obesity / Subhashini Yaturu, Sushil K. Jain -- Chapter 20. Insulin Resistance in Pediatric Obesity: Physiological Effects and Possible Diet Treatment / Ulf Holmbäck -- Chapter 21. Role of Fatty Liver Disease in Childhood Obesity / Valerio Nobili, Anna Alisi, Melania Manco -- Chapter 22. An Overview of Psychosocial Symptoms in Obese Children / Lisa Y. Gibson --Chapter 23. Childhood Obesity: Depression, Anxiety and Recommended Therapeutic Strategies / Dana L. Rofey, Jessica J. Black, Jennifer E. Phillips, Ronette Blake, KayLoni Olson -- Chapter 24. The Emotional Impact of Obesity on Children / Robert E. Cornette -- Chapter 25. Psychiatric Illness, Psychotropic Medication, and Childhood Obesity / Lawrence Maayan, Leslie Citrome -- Chapter 26. Childhood Obesity: Public Health Impact and Policy Responses / Rogan Kersh, Brian Elbel -- Chapter 27. Childhood Obesity and Juvenile Diabetes / Mikael Knip -- Chapter 28. Bone Health in Obesity and the Cross Talk between Fat and Bone / Sowmya Krishnan, Venkataraman Kalyanaraman -- Chapter 29. A Community-Level Perspective for Childhood Obesity Prevention / Christina Economos, Erin Hennessy -- Chapter 30. School-Based Obesity-Prevention Programs / Genevieve Fridlund Dunton, Casey P. Durand, Nathaniel R. Riggs, Mary Ann Pentz -- Chapter 31. School-Based Obesity Prevention Interventions Show Promising Improvements in the Health and Academic Achievements among Ethnically Diverse Young Children / Danielle Hollar, Sarah E. Messiah, Gabriela Lopez-Mitnik, T. Lucas Hollar, Michelle Lombardo -- Chapter 32. School and Community-Based Physical Education and Healthy Active Living Programs: Holistic Practices in Hong Kong, Singapore, and the United States / Ming-Kai Chin, Christopher R. Edginton, Mei-Sin Tang, Kia-Wang Phua, Jing-Zhen Yang -- Chapter 33. Schools as “Laboratories” for Obesity Prevention: Proven Effective Models / Michelle Lombardo, Danielle Hollar, T. Lucas Hollar, Karen McNamara -- Chapter 34. Fitness and Fatness in Childhood Obesity: Implications for Physical Activity / Sarah P. Shultz, Benedicte Deforche, Nuala M. Byrne, Andrew P. Hills -- Chapter 35. Pharmacotherapy in Childhood Obesity / Amélio F. Godoy-Matos, Erika Paniago Guedes, Luciana Lopes de Souza, Mariana Farage -- Chapter 36. Beverage Interventions to Prevent Child Obesity / Rebecca Muckelbauer, Mathilde Kersting, Jacqueline Müller-Nordhorn -- Chapter 37. Psychotherapy as an Intervention for Child Obesity / Carl-Erik Flodmark -- Chapter 38. Childhood Obesity: Psychological Correlates and Recommended Therapeutic Strategies / Jennifer E. Phillips, Ethan E. Hull, Dana L. Rofey -- Chapter 39. Dietary Supplements in the Prevention and Treatment of Childhood Obesity / Robert I-San Lin -- Chapter 40. The Role of Arginine for Treating Obese Youth / Catherine J. McNeal, Guoyao Wu, Susie Vasquez, Don P. Wilson, M. Carey Satterfield, Jason R. McKnight, Hussain S. Malbari, Mujtaba Rahman -- Chapter 41. Prevention of Childhood Obesity with Use of Natural Products / Jin-Taek Hwang, Dae Young Kwon, Joohun Ha -- Chapter 42. The Role of United States Law to Prevent and Control Childhood Obesity / Jennifer L. Pomeranz -- Chapter 43. Childhood Obesity as an Amplifier of Societal Inequality in the United States / Stanley J. Ulijaszek -- Chapter 44. Childhood Obesity, Food Choice and Market Influence / Jane Kolodinsky, Amanda Goldstein, Erin Roche -- Chapter 45. The Role of Media in Childhood Obesity / Amy B. Jordan, Ariel Chernin -- Chapter 46. Evaluation and Management of Childhood Obesity in Primary Care Settings / Goutham Rao -- Chapter 47. The Future Directions and Clinical Management of Childhood Obesity / Clodagh S. O'Gorman, Jonathan Cauchi, Jill K. Hamilton, Denis Daneman.
- Guide to obesity and the metabolic syndrome 2011, CRCnetBASEOrigins of obesity in the scientific era : 1500 AD to the present -- Definitions, measurement, and prevalence -- Genetic, metabolic, and social origins of obesity -- Effects of obesity on health and metabolism -- Prevention, evaluation, and introduction to treatment -- Lifestyle, diet, & exercise : cognitive solutions -- Medications for obesity -- Surgery for obesity -- Post-script : obesity in the twenty first century.
- Handbook of childhood and adolescent obesity 2008, SpringerPediatric obesity: trends and epidemiology / Ric G. Steele, Timothy D. Nelson, and Elissa Jelaian -- Health consequences of obesity in children and adolescents / Patrick Vivier and Christine Tompkins -- Psychological factors related to obesity in children and adolescents / Meg H. Zeller and Avani C. Modi -- Binge eating among children and adolescents / Marian Tanofsky-Kraff -- The definition and assessment of childhood overweight: a development perspective / Chermaine Tyler and Ginny Fullerton -- Diet assessment in children and adolescents / Nancy E. Sherwood -- Development of eating patterns / Vicky Phares, Jessica Curley, and Ariz Rojas -- Physiological mechanisms impacting weight regulation / David Fields and Paul Higgins -- Socioeconomic factors related to obesity in children and adolescents / Elizabeth Goodman -- The obesogenic environment / Amy A. Gorin and Melissa M. Crane -- Application of genetic epidemiology to understanding pediatric obesity / Robert Mair and Stephen T. McGarvey -- Development considerations in the prevention of pediatric obesity / Melissa Xanthopoulos, Chantelle Hart, and Elissa Jelalian -- Evidence-based treatments for childhood obesity / Hollie A. Raynor -- Empirically supported treatment of overweight adolescents / Alan M. Delamater ... [et al.] -- Intensive therapies for the treatment of pediatric obesity / Joan C. Han and Jack A. Yanovski -- Residential treatment programs for pediatric obesity / Paul J. Gately and Carlton B. Cooke -- Model treatment programs / Ann McGrath Davis and Rochelle L. James -- Cultural considerations in the development of pediatric weight management interventions / Dawn K. Wilson and Heather Kitzman-Ulrich -- Prevention of childhood obesity in childcare settings / Barbara A. Dennison and Myles S. Faith -- Obesity prevention programs for school-aged children and adolescents / David M. Janicke, Bethany J. Sallinen, and Jessica C. White Plume -- Preventing childhood obesity through collaborative public health action in communities / Vicki L. Collie-Akers and Stephen B. Fawcett -- The role of public policy in addressing the pediatric obesity epidemic / Patricia B. Crawford ... [et al.] -- Application of innovative technologies in the prevention and treatment of overweight in children and adolescents / Deborah F. Tate -- Motivational interviewing and pediatric obesity / Robyn S. Mehlenbeck and Yana Markov Wember -- Treatment of children and adolescents with obesity and comorbid psychiatric conditions / Alan Zametkin, Alanna Jacobs, Jessica Parrish -- Application of empirically supported treatments to clinical settings / Craig A. Johnston and William T. Dalton III -- Future directions in pediatric obesity prevention and intervention: research and practice / Elissa Jelalian, Ric G. Steele, and Chad D. Jensen.
- Handbook of obesity prevention 2007, SpringerWhy obesity prevention? -- What is obesity? Definitions matter -- Descriptive epidemiology of obesity in the United States -- Costs of obesity -- Obesity prevention concepts and frameworks -- Consumer perspectives and consumer action -- The role of government in preventing obesity -- Planning and the built environment -- The food industry role in obesity prevention -- Media, marketing and advertising and obesity -- Global context of obesity -- Organizational change for obesity prevention-perspectives, possibilities and potential pitfalls -- Community-based approaches to obesity prevention: the role of environmental and policy change -- Health care system approaches to obesity -- Workplace approaches to obesity prevention -- Obesity prevention in school and group child care settings -- Individual behavior change -- Obesity risk factors and prevention in early life: pre-gestation through infancy -- Obesity prevention during preschool and elementary school-age years -- Obesity prevention during preadolescence and adolescence -- Obesity prevention during adulthood -- Obesity prevention: charting a course to a healthier future.
- Hyperlipidemia management for primary care 2008, Springer
- Hypothalamic integration of energy metabolism. 1st ed. 2006, ScienceDirect
- Inborn metabolic diseases. 4th, rev. ed. 2006, SpringerDiagnosis and treatment: general principles -- Disorders of carbohydrate metabolism -- Disorders of mitochondrial energy metabolism -- Disorders of amino acid metabolism and transport -- Vitamin-responsive disorders -- Neurotransmitter and small peptide disorders -- Disorders of lipid and bile acid metabolism -- Disorders of nucleic acid and heme metabolism -- Disorders of metal transport -- Organelle-related disorders: lysosomes, peroxisomes, and Golgi and pre-Golgi systems.
- Inborn metabolic diseases. 5th ed. 2012, SpringerI. Diagnosis and Treatment: General Principles -- 1. Clinical Approach to Inborn Errors of Metabolism in Pediatrics / Jean-Marie Saudubray -- 2. Inborn Errors of Metabolism in Adults: A Diagnostic Approach to Neurological and Psychiatric Presentations / Frédéric Sedel -- 3. Newborn Screening for Inborn Errors of Metabolism / Bridget Wilcken, Piero Rinaldo, Dietrich Matern -- 4. Diagnostic Procedures: Functional Tests and Post-mortem Protocol / Guy Touati, Fanny Mochel, Daniel Rabier -- 5. Emergency Treatments / Carlo Dionisi-Vici, Hélène Ogier de Baulny -- II. Disorders of Carbohydrate Metabolism -- 6. The Glycogen Storage Diseases and Related Disorders / Pascal Laforêt, David A. Weinstein, G. Peter, A. Smit -- 7. Disorders of Galactose Metabolism / Gerard T. Berry, John H. Walter -- 8. Disorders of the Pentose Phosphate Pathway / Mirjam M.C. Wamelink, Vassili Valayannopoulos, Cornelis Jakobs -- 9. Disorders of Fructose Metabolism / Beat Steinmann, René Santer -- 10. Persistent Hyperinsulinaemic Hypoglycaemia / Pascale de Lonlay, Jean-Marie Saudubray -- 11. Disorders of Glucose Transport / René Santer, Jörg Klepper -- III. Disorders of Mitochondrial Energy Metabolism -- 12. Disorders of Pyruvate Metabolism and the Tricarboxylic Acid Cycle / Linda J. De Meirleir, Michèle Brivet, Angeles Garcia-Cazorla -- 13. Disorders of Mitochondrial Fatty Acid Oxidation and Related Metabolic Pathways / Andrew A.M. Morris, Ute Spiekerkoetter -- 14. Disorders of Ketogenesis and Ketolysis / Andrew A.M. Morris -- 15. Defects of the Respiratory Chain / Arnold Munnich, Agnès Rötig, Marlène Rio -- 16. Creatine Deficiency Syndromes / Sylvia Stöckler-Ipsiroglu, Saadet Mercimek- Mahmutoglu, Gajja S. Salomons -- IV. Disorders of Amino Acid Metabolism and Transport -- 17. Hyperphenylalaninaemia / John H. Walter, Robin H. Lachmann, Peter Burgard -- 18. 18 Disorders of Tyrosine Metabolism / Anupam Chakrapani, Paul Gissen, Patrick McKiernan -- 19. Branched-chain Organic Acidurias/Acidaemias / Hélène Ogier de Baulny, Carlo Dionisi-Vici, Udo Wendel -- 20. Disorders of the Urea Cycle and Related Enzymes / Frits A. Wijburg, Marie-Cécile Nassogne -- 21. Disorders of Sulfur Amino Acid Metabolism / Generoso Andria, Brian Fowler, Gianfranco Sebastio -- 22. Disorders of Ornithine Metabolism / Matthias R. Baumgartner, David Valle -- 23. Cerebral Organic Acid Disorders and Other Disorders of Lysine Catabolism / Georg F. Hoffmann, Stefan Kölker -- 24. Nonketotic Hyperglycinaemia (Glycine Encephalopathy) / Olivier Dulac, Marie-Odile Rolland --25. Disorders of Proline and Serine Metabolism / Jaak Jaeken -- 26. Transport Defects of Amino Acids at the Cell Membrane: Cystinuria, Lysinuric Protein Intolerance and Hartnup Disorder / Kirsti Näntö-Salonen, Harri Niinikoski, Olli G. Simell -- V. Vitamin-Responsive Disorders -- 27. Biotin-responsive Disorders / Matthias R. Baumgartner, Terttu Suormala -- 28. Disorders of Cobalamin and Folate Transport and Metabolism / David Watkins, David S. Rosenblatt, Brian Fowler -- VI. Neurotransmitter and Small Peptide Disorders -- 29. Disorders of Neurotransmission / Àngels García-Cazorla, K. Michael Gibson, Peter T. Clayton -- 30. Disorders in the Metabolism of Glutathione and Imidazole Dipeptides / Ertan Mayatepek, Jaak Jaeken -- 31. Trimethylaminuria and Dimethylglycine Dehydrogenase Deficiency / Valerie Walker, Ron A. Wevers -- VII. Disorders of Lipid and Bile Acid Metabolism -- 32. Dyslipidaemias / Annabelle Rodriguez-Oquendo, Peter O. Kwiterovich, Jr. -- 33. Disorders of Cholesterol Synthesis / Hans R. Waterham, Peter T. Clayton -- 34. Disorders of Bile Acid Synthesis / Peter T. Clayton -- 35. Disorders of Phospholipid and Glycosphingolipid Synthesis / Foudil Lamari, Fréderic Sédel, Jean-Marie Saudubray -- VIII. Disorders of Nucleic Acid and Heme Metabolism -- 36. Disorders of Purine and Pyrimidine Metabolism / Georges van den Berghe, M.-Françoise Vincent, Sandrine Marie -- 37. Disorders of Haem Biosynthesis / Charles Marquez Lourenço, Chul Lee, Karl E. Anderson -- IX. Disorders of Metal Transport -- 38. Disorders in the Transport of Copper, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Selenium and Zinc / Marc Bierings, Peter Clayton, Roderick H.J. Houwen -- X. Organelle-Related Disorders: Lysosomes, Peroxisomes, and Golgi and Pre-Golgi Systems -- 39. Disorders of Sphingolipid Metabolism and Neuronal Ceroid-Lipofuscinoses / Marie T. Vanier, Catherine Caillaud -- 40. Mucopolysaccharidoses and Oligosaccharidoses / J. Ed Wraith -- 41. Peroxisomal Disorders / Bwee Tien Poll-The, Patrick Aubourg, Ronald J.A. Wanders -- 42. Congenital Disorders of Glycosylation / Jaak Jaeken -- 43. Cystinosis / Michel Broyer, Patrick Niaudet -- Appendix A. Medications Used in the Treatment of Inborn Errors / JH Walter and JE Wraith.
- Inherited metabolic diseases 2010, Springer
- Lipid metabolism and health 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Lysosomal storage disorders 2007, Springer
- Management of eating disorders and obesity. 2nd ed. 2005, SpringerBulimia nervosa / Steven J. Romano -- Counseling patients with bulimia nervosa / Tricia Cook Myers and James E. Mitchell -- Pharmacologic therapy of bulimia nervosa / James I. Hudson, Harrison G. Pope, Jr., and William P. Carter -- Prevention of eating disorders: a nutritional perspective / Cheryl L. Rock -- Anorexia nervosa / Steven J. Romano -- Treatment of anorexia nervosa / L.K. George Hsu -- Pharmacological therapy for anorexia nervosa / Walter H. Kaye -- The Internet and eating disorders / David J. Goldstein -- Etiologies of obesity / Richard L. Atkinson -- Medical consequences of obesity and benefits of weight loss / Lalita Khaodhiar and George L. Blackburn -- Obese patients with binge-eating disorder / Marsha D. Marcus and Michele D. Levine -- Overview and the future of obesity treatment / Lisa Terre, Walker S.C. Poston II, and John P. Foreyt -- The role of physical activity, exercise, and nutrition in the treatment of obesity / Edward T. Mannix ... [et al.].Lifestyle modification in the treatment of obesity / Anthony N. Fabricatore and Thomas A. Wadden -- Very low-calorie diets / Stephen D. Phinney -- Pharmacotherapy of obesity / George A. Bray -- Combination therapies for obesity / Richard L. Atkinson and Gabriel Uwaifo -- Genetics and potential treatments for obesity / José R. Fernández and David J. Goldstein -- The role of hunger and satiety in weight management / Michael Penn and David J. Goldstein -- Surgical interventions for the management of obesity / Scott A. Shikora, David Smith, and Julie J. Kim -- Clinical experience in a comprehensive weight-management center / Judy Loper and Richard A. Lutes -- The multidisciplinary team in the management of obesity / Patrick Mahlen O'Neil and Sherry Rieder -- The Internet and obesity treatment / David J. Goldstein -- Barriers to treatment / Arthur Frank -- Prevention of obesity / Barbara C. Hansen.
- Maternal obesity and pregnancy 2012, Springer
- Metabolic basis of obesity 2011, SpringerPrinciples of human energy metabolism -- Intermediary metabolsim of carbohydrate, protein, and fat -- Adipose tissue development, structure and function -- Adipokines in health and disease -- Neural control of feeding and energy homeostasis -- Gastrointestinal hormones and obesity -- Genes and human obesity -- Classical hormones linked to obesity -- Inflammation and adipose dysfunction -- Insulin resistance in the metabolic syndrome -- Pancreatic islet €-cell failure in obesity -- Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease -- Sleep, circadian rhytms and metabolism -- Obesity and cardiac dysfunction -- Atherogenic lipid metabolism in obesity -- Gut microbes, immunity, and metabolism -- Impact of obesity on female reproductive health -- Lessons from HIV lipodystrophy -- Principles of obesity therapy.
- Metabolic issues of clinical nutrition 2004, Karger
- Metabolic maps 2001, ScienceDirectAcid amides -- Amidines, guanidines, and hydrazines -- Amino acids: phosphinic acids -- Anilines and nitrobenzenes -- Aryloxy acids -- Biphenyl ethers -- Carbamates -- Dithio- and thiolcarbamates -- Halogenated aliphatics -- Halogenated aromatics -- Five-membered heterocycles -- Five-membered heterocycles (fused) -- Six-/more membered heterocycles -- Six-/more membered heterocycles (fused) -- Imides -- Natural products -- Organophosphorous compounds -- Oximes -- Phenylureas and related compounds -- Phosphono amino acids and related compounds -- Pyrethroids -- Sulfonylureas -- Triazines and related compounds -- Miscellaneous.
- Metabolic profiling 2011, Springer ProtocolsOrigins of metabolic profiling /Arthur B. Robinson and Noah E. Robinson --Amino acid profiling for the diagnosis of inborn errors of metabolism /Monique Piraud ... [et al.] --Acylcarnitines : analysis in plasma and whole blood using tandem mass spectrometry /David S. Millington and Robert D. Stevens --Analysis of organic acids and acylglycines for the diagnosis of related inborn errors or metabolism by GC- and HPLC-MS /Giancarlo la Marca and Cristiano Rizzo --HPLC analysis for the clinical-biochemical diagnosis of inborn errors of metabolism of purines and pyrimidines /Giuseppe Lazzarino ... [et al.] --Bile acid analysis in various biological samples using ultra performance liquid chromatography/electrospray ionization-mass spectrometry (UPLC/ESI-MS) /Masahito Hagio, Megumi Matsumoto, and Satoshi Ishizuka --Analysis of glycolytic intermediates with ion chromatography- and gas chromatography-mass spectrometry /Jan C. van Dam, Cor Ras, and Angela ten Pierick --Analysis of the citric acid cycle intermediates using gas chromatography-mass spectrometry /Rajan S. Kombu, Henri Brunengraber, and Michelle A. Puchowicz --Quantification of pentose phosphate pathway (PPP) metabolites by liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry (LC-MS) /Amber Jannasch, Miroslav Sedlak, and Jiri Adamec --High-performance liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry (HPLC-MS)-based drug metabolite profiling /Ian D. Wilson --Gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC-MS)-based metabolomics /Antonia Garcia and Coral Barbas --Use of two-dimensional gas chromatography-time-of-flight mass spectrometry (GCxGC-TOF-MS) for metabolomic analysis of polar metabolites /Kimberly Ralston-Hooper ... [et al.] --LC-MS-based metabolomics /Sunil Bajad and Vladimir Shulaev --Capillary electrophoresis-electrospray ionization-mass spectrometry (CE-ESI-MS)-based metabolomics /Philip Britz-McKibbin --Liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry (LC-MS)-based lipidomics for studies of body fluids and tissues /Heli Nygren ... [et al.] --Electrospray ionization tandem mass spectrometry (ESI-MS/MS)- based shotgun lipidomics /Giorgis Isaac --Processing and analysis of GC/LC-MS based metabolomics data /Elizabeth Want and Perrine Masson --Nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR)-based drug metabolite profiling /Eva M. Lenz --Nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR)-based metabolomics /Hector C. Keun and Toby J. Athersuch --Slow magic angle sample spinning : a non- or minimally invasive method for high-resolution ¹H nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) metabolic profiling /Jian Zhi Hu --Processing and modeling of nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) metabolic profiles /Timothy M. D. Ebbels, John C. Lindon, and Muireann Coen.
- Metabolic syndrome 2008, SpringerPart 1. Metabolic Syndrome - Past and Future -- Metabolic Syndrome - Past and Future : An Introduction to the Features of This Book / Barbara Caleen Hansen, Rosemary Peternel and George A. Bray -- I. Epidemiology And Clinical Treatment: Issues In Defining And Treating The Metabolic Syndrome -- Metabolic Syndrome : To Be or Not to Be? / Gerald M. Reaven -- The Role of Obesity in Insulin Resistance : Epidemiological and Metabolic Aspects / James B. Meigs -- Treatment of the Metabolic Syndrome with Weight Loss, Exercise, Hormones, and Surgery / George A. Bray -- Insulin Resistance, Metabolic Syndrome, and Cardiovascular Disease : An Epidemiological Perspective / Earl S. Ford and Simin Liu -- The Sympatho-Adrenal System in the Metabolic Syndrome / Lewis Landsberg -- II. Endothelial Function, Inflammation, and Dyslipidemia -- Insulin Action and Endothelial Function / Kieren J. Mather, Alain Baron and Michael J. Quon -- Macro- and Microvascular Disease in an Insulin-Resistant Pre-Diabetic Animal Model : The JCR:LA-cp Rat / James C. Russell and Spencer D. Proctor -- High-Sensitivity C-Reactive Protein and the Metabolic Syndrome / Yiqing Song, Simin Liu and Joann E. Manson -- Insulin Signaling in Adipocytes and the Role of Inflammation / Christian X. Andersson, Ann Hammarstedt, Per-Anders Jansson and Ulf Smith -- Insulin Resistance and Dyslipidemia / Tina J. Chahil, Gissette Reyes and Henry N. Ginsberg -- III. Insulin - Secretion and Action: Underlying Mechanisms of the Metabolic Syndrome -- Pancreatic Islet Pathophysiology and Pathology in Obesity / Anne Clark, Jenni Moffitt, Lianne Van De Laar, Katherine Pinnick and Farhina Sayyed -- Glucagon-like Peptides and Insulin Sensitivity / Jens Juul Holst and Filip Krag Knop -- The Relationship Between the Insulin Receptor Substrates and Metabolic Disease / Morris F. White -- Insulin Resistance and Inhibitors of the Insulin Receptor Tyrosine Kinase / Jack F. Youngren -- Fat Feeding and Muscle Fat Deposition Eliciting Insulin Resistance : An Update / E. W. Kraegen, G. J. Cooney, Jiming M. Ye and Stuart M. Furler -- Alterations in Atypical Protein Kinase C Activation in Insulin Resistance Syndromes / Robert V. Farese -- The Liver, Glucose Homeostasis, and Insulin Action in Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus / Jerry Radziuk and Susan Pye -- Chronomics of the Metabolic Syndrome / Barbara Caleen Hansen.
- Metabolic syndrome and obesity 2007, SpringerDefinitions and prevalence -- How do we get fat?: an epidemiological and metabolic approach -- Costs, pathology, and health risks of obesity and the metabolic syndrome -- Natural history of obesity: differential diagnosis, clinical types, and age-related changes -- Evaluation, prevention, and introduction to treatment -- Diet -- Behavior modification -- Physical activity and exercise in the obese -- Pharmacological treatment of the overweight patient -- Should we treat the metabolic syndrome or its components? -- Surgical treatment for the overweight patient.
- Metabolic syndrome in clinical practice 2008, Springer
- Metabolism and disease 2011, Cold Spring Harb Lab Press"The Symposium aimed to integrate a very broad field of investigative effort, bringing together advances in our understanding of energy intake, consumption, and storage (diet, exercise, and fat), oxygen regulation and hypoxia, circadian rhythms, and life span/aging. The Symposium explored metabolism at molecular (gene expression, posttranslational modifications, protein turnover, cofactors and integrators, hormones, and signals), organellar (mitochondria), cellular, organ system (cardiovascular, bone), and organismal (timing and life span) scales. Diseases impacted by metabolic imbalance or dysregulation that were covered in detail included diabetes, obesity, metabolic syndrome, and cancer. New and emerging technologies were presented for simultaneous monitoring of hundreds of metabolites that allow for sophisticated sampling of the metabolic state of cells. Because the Symposium covered such a broad field, by necessity much excellent work could not be included, and instead, the Proceedings should be viewed as a necessarily eclectic collection of some of the most interesting and stimulating work that came to the organizers' attention during the 18 months before the meeting"--P. XV.
- Metabolome analyses 2005, SpringerIntroduction / Seetharaman Vaidyanathan, George G. Harrigan and Royston Goodacre -- Towards integrative functional genomics using yeast as a reference model / Juan I. Castrillo and Stephen G. Oliver -- Metabolomics for the assessment of functional diversity and quality traits in plants / Robert D. Hall ... [et al.] -- Metabolomics: a new approach towards identifying biomarkers and therapeutic targets in cns disorders / Rima Kaddurah-Daouk ... [et al.] -- Compaative metabolome profiling using two dimensional thin layer chromatography (2DTLC) / Thomas Ferenci and Ram Maharjan -- Capillary electrophoresis and its application in metabolome analysis / Li Jia and Shigeru Terabe --Metabolic networks / Eivind Almaas, Zoltán N. Oltvai and Albert-László Barabási -- Metabolic networks from a systems perspective / Wolfran Weckwerth, Ralf Steuer -- Parallel metabolite and trascript profiling / Alisdair R. Fernie, Ewa Urbanczyk-Wochniak and Lothar Willmitzer -- Fluxome profiling in microbes / Nicola Zamboni and Uwe Sauer -- Targeted drug design and metabolic pathway flux / László G. Boros and Wai-Nang Paul Lee -- Metabonomics in the pharmaceutical industry / Eva M. Lenz, Rebecca Williams and Ian D. Wilson -- How lipidomic approaches will benefit the pharmaceutical industry / Alvin Berger -- Metabolites and fungal virulence / Edward M. Driggers and Axel A. Brakhage.Metabolite profiling with GC-MS and LC-MS / Ralf Looser, Arno J. Krotzky, Richard N. Trethewey -- The application of electrochemistry to metabolic profiling / David F. Meyer, Paul H. Gamache and Ian N. Acworth -- Differential metabolic profiling for biomarker discovery / Haihong Zhou, Aaron B. Kantor and Christopher H. Becker -- NMR-based metabonomics in toxicology research / Laura K. Schnackenberg, Richard D. Beger, and Yvonne P. Dragan -- Methodological issues and experimental design considerations in metabolic profile-based classifications / Bruce S. Kristal ... [et al.] -- Modelling of fungal metabolism / Helga David and Jens Nielsen -- Detailed kinetic models using metabolomics data sets / Jacky L. Snoep, Johann M. Rohwer --
- Metabolomics 2006, Springer ProtocolsMetabolite profiling in blood plasma / Oliver Fiehn and Tobias Kind -- Nonsupervised construction and application of mass spectral and retention time index libraries from time-of-flight GC/MS metabolite profiles / Alexander Erban ... [et al.] -- Metabolomic profiling of natural volatiles: head space trapping-GC/MS / Yury M. Tikunov, Francel W. A. Verstappen, and Robert D. Hall -- Integrative profiling of metabolites and proteins: improving pattern recognition and biomarker selection for systems-level approaches / Katja Morgenthal ... [et al.] -- Integrating profiling data: using linear correlation to reveal coregulation of transcript and metabolites / Ewa Urbanczyk-Wochniak, Lothar Willmitzer, and Alisdair R. Fernie -- Visualization and analysis of molecular data / Matthias Scholz and Joachim Selbig -- A gentle guide to the analysis of metabolomic data / Ralf Steuer ... [et al.] -- CE-MS for metabolomics / Tomoyoshi Soga -- Application of LC/MS analysis in metabolomics: reversed-phase monolithic capillary chromatography and hydrophilic chromatography coupled to electrospray ionization mass spectrometry / Vladimir V. Tolstikov, Oliver Fiehn, and Nobuo Tanaka -- HPLC-separations coupled with coulometric-electrode array detectors: a unique approach to metabolomics / Bruce S. Kristal ... [et al.] -- Determination of metabolic flux ratios from 13C-experiments and GC/MS data: protocol and principles / Annik Nanchen, Tobias Fuhrer, and Uwe Sauer -- Understanding the roadmap of metabolism by pathway analysis / Stefan Schuster, Axel von Kamp, and Mikhail Pachkov -- Revealing the metabolome of animal tissues using 1H NMR spectroscopy / Mark R. Viant -- NMR metabonomics: methods for drug discovery and development / Karl-Heinz Ott and Nelly Aranibar.
- Mitochondrial medicine 2008, Springer
- Modeling metabolism with Mathematica 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Molecular and cellular iron transport 2002, CRCnetBASEI. Molecular Aspects of Iron Transport -- 1. Iron Chemistry / Wesley R. Harris -- 2. Transferrins / Ross T. A. MacGillivray and Anne B. Mason -- 3. The Transferrin Receptor / Caroline A. Enns -- 4. Molecular Aspects of Release of Iron from Transferrin / Qing-Yu He and Anne B. Mason -- 5. Ferritins: Structural and Functional Aspects / Paolo Arosio and Sonia Levi -- 6. The Divalent Metal-Ion Transporter (DCT1/DMT1/Nramp2) / Hiromi Gunshin and Matthias A. Hediger -- 7. Basolateral Transport of Iron in Mammalian Intestine: From Physiology to Molecules / Andrew T McKie and Robert J. Simpson -- 8. HFE / Robert E. Fleming, Robert S. Britton, Abdul Waheed, William S. Sly, and Bruce R. Bacon -- 9. Regulation of Iron Homeostasis by Iron Regulatory Proteins 1 and 2 / Eric S. Hanson and Elizabeth A. Leibold -- 10. Iron-Response Element (IRE) Structure and Combinatorial RNA Regulation / Hans E. Johansson and Elizabeth C. Theil -- 11. Frataxin and Mitochondrial Iron / Pierre Rustin -- 12. Siderophore Chemistry / Alain Stintzi and Kenneth N. Raymond -- 13. Iron Chelator Chemistry / Zu D. Liu and Robert C. Hider -- II. Cellular Iron Transport -- 14. Iron Acquisition in Plants / Elizabeth E. Rogers and Mary Lou Guerinot -- 15. Iron Uptake in Yeast / Orly Ardon, Jerry Kaplan, and Brooke D. Martin -- 16. Bacterial Iron Transport / Volkmar Braun and Klaus Hantke -- 17. Uptake of Transferrin-Bound Iron by Mammalian Cells / Deborah Trinder and Evan Morgan -- 18. Transport of Non-Transferrin-Bound Iron by Hepatocytes / Joel G. Parkes and Douglas M. Templeton -- 19. Iron Acquisition by the Reticuloendothelial System / Günter Weiss -- 20. Iron Transport in the Central Nervous System / Joseph R. Burdo and James R. Connor -- 21. Iron Uptake by Neoplastic Cells / Des R. Richardson -- 22. Novel Methods for Assessing Transport of Iron Across Biological Membranes / Z. Ioav Cabantchik, Silvina Epsztejn, and William Breuer -- III. Physiology of Iron Transport -- 23. Regulation of Intestinal Iron Transport / Gregory J. Anderson and Christopher D. Vulpe -- 24. Regulation of Systemic Iron Transport and Storage / Pierre Brissot, Christelle Pigeon, and Olivier Loréal -- 25. Regulation of Liver Iron Metabolism / Gaetano Cairo -- 26. Iron Utilization in Erythrocyte Formation and Hemoglobin Synthesis / Prem Ponka --IV. Disorders of Iron Transport -- 27. Animal Models of Iron Transport and Storage Disorders / Nancy C. Andrews -- 28. Hemochromatosis: Diagnosis and Management Following the Discovery of the Gene / Paul C. Adams -- 29. Transfusional Iron Overload / Nancy F Olivieri -- 30. Aceruloplasminemia / Nathan E. Hellman and Z. Leah Harris -- 31. Hereditary Hyperferritinemia Cataract Syndrome / Carole Beaumont and Domenico Girelli -- 32. Other Disorders of Increased Iron Absorption: Iron Overload in Africans and African Americans / Fitzroy W. Dawkins and Victor R. Gordeuk -- 33. Iron Chelation / Chaim Hershko, Gabriela Link, and Avraham M. Konijn.
- Monogenic hyperinsulinemic hypoglycemia disorders 2012, KargerHistorical perspective on the genetic forms of congenital hyperinsulinism / Stanley, C.A., Matschinsky, F.M. -- Biochemistry and physiology of the ATP-sensitive potassium channel / Remedi, M.S., Nichols, C.G. -- Pathophysiology of diffuse ATP-sensitive potassium hyperinsulinism / De León, D.D., Stanley, C.A. -- Molecular defects of ATP-sensitive potassium channels in congenital hyperinsulinism / Shyng, S.-L. ... [et al.] -- Molecular mechanisms and clinical pathophysiologies of focal ATP-sensitive potassium hyperinsulinism and Beckwith-Wiedemann Syndrome / Arnoux, J.-B. ... [et al.] -- Pancreatic histopathology of hyperinsulinism / Suchi, M., Bhatti, T.R., Ruchelli, E.D. -- Localization of a focal lesion of congenital hyperinsulinism : imaging and surgery / States, L.J., Adzick, N.S. -- Role of incretin hormones in hyperinsulinemic hypoglycemia / De León, D.D. -- Glutamate dehydrogenase : structure, regulation, and its role in insulin homeostasis / Smith, T.J. -- Congenital hyperinsulinism due to activating mutations of glutamate dehydrogenase : the hyperinsulinism/hyperammonemia syndrome / Kelly, A., Palladino, A., Stanley, C.A. -- Amino acid-stimulated insulin secretion : the role of the glutamine-glutamate-alpha-ketoglutarate axis / Li, C., Matschinsky, F.M., Stanley, C.A. -- Tissue specificity of glutamate dehydrogenase as illustrated in pancreatic beta-cells and the central nervous system / Carobbio, S. ... [et al.] -- The molecular genetics and pathophysiology of congenital hyperinsulinism caused by short-chain 3-hydroxyacyl-CoA dehydrogenase deficiency / Molven, A. ... [et al.] -- Hyperinsulinism due to activating mutations of glucokinase / Sayed, S., Matschinsky, F., Stanley, C.A. -- Hyperinsulinism due to mutations of uncoupling protein 2 / Del Mar Gonzalez-Barroso, M., de Lonlay, P., Ricquier, D. -- Exercise-induced hyperinsulinism : a failure of monocarboxylate transporter 1 expression silencing / Otonkoski, T., Meissner, T. -- HNF4A and hyperinsulinemic hypoglycemia / Kapoor, R.R., James, C.T., Hussain, K.
- Muscle metabolism 2002, CRCnetBASEPerspectives / Eleazar Shafrir -- I. Insulin Signaling -- 1. Overview: Tyrosine Kinase Signaling in Insulin Action / Martin G. Myers, Jr. -- 2. Defects in Early Insulin Signaling in Skeletal Muscle / M. Dodson Michael and C. Ronald Kahn -- 3. Defects in Intermediate Insulin Signaling in Skeletal Muscle: Phosphatidylinositol (PI) 3-kinase and Glucose Transport / Francesco Giorgino -- II. Glucose Transport -- 4. Glucose Transport in Muscle / John O. Holloszy and Lorraine A. Nolte -- 5. The GLUT4 Compartments of Skeletal Muscle / Toolsie Ramlal, Peter Tong, Tony Lam, Romel Somwar, Maureen Charron and Amira Klip -- III. Substrate Utilization -- 6. Adverse Metabolic Consequences of Hyperglycemia ("Glucose Toxicity"): Implications for the Pathogenesis of Diabetes Mellitus / Donald A. McClain -- 7. Cellular Mediators of Glucose-Induced Autoregulation of Hexose Transport / Evgenia Alpert, Hanan Totary and Shlomo Sasson -- 8. Physiological Adaptations in Glucose Utilization of Skeletal Muscle / Julian M.R. Mathoo and Mladen Vranic -- 9. Fatty Acids and Muscle Insulin Resistance / Edward W. Kraegen, Gregory J. Cooney, Jiming Ye, Alison L. Thompson and Stuart M. Furler -- 10. Role of AMP Kinase and Malonyl CoA in Exercise-stimulated Skeletal Muscle Metabolism and Insulin Action / David J. Dean and Neil B. Ruderman -- IV. Transgenic and Genetic Models -- 11. The Use of Mouse Transgenic and Homologous Recombination.
- New frontiers in lifestyle-related diseases 2008, Springer
- Nutrient-drug interactions 2007, CRCnetBASEDiabetes, obesity, and metabolic syndrome -- Hypolipidemic therapy: drugs, diet, and interactive effects -- Phytochemicals, xenobiotic metabolism, and carcinogenesis -- Nutrient and phytochemical modulation of cancer treatment -- Role of nutritional antioxidants in the prevention and treatment of neurodegenerative disorders -- Nutrients and herbals in the pharmacotherapy of unipolar/major depression -- Supplements and anethesiology -- Nutrient-and drug-responsive polymorphic genes as nutrigenomic tools for prevention of cardiovascular disease and cancer -- Nutrigenomics and pharmacogenomics of human cancer: on the road from nutrigenetics and pharmacogenetics.
- Nutrients, stress, and medical disorders 2005, SpringerStress revisited: a methodological and conceptual history / Martha M. Faraday -- Experimental protocols for the study of stress in animals and humans / Carla Gambarana -- Neurobiological foundations of stress / Michael R. Foy ... [et al.] -- The beneficial effects of fruit and vegetable supplementation on neuronal signaling and behavior in aging: beyond antioxidants / J.A. Joseph, B. Shukitt-Hale, and G. Casadesus -- Effects of stress and nutrition on blood-brain barrier functions / Akihiko Urayama and William A. Banks -- Essential fatty acids and stress / Shlomo Yehuda, Sharon Rabinovitz, and David I. Mostofsky -- Stress, glucocorticoids, and the brain / R.H. deRijk and E.R. de Kloet -- Herbal products, stress, and the mind / David Wheatley -- Stress and food craving / Sharon Rabinovitz -- Stress, alcohol consumption, and the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis / Maria M. Glavas and Joanne Weinberg -- Influences on diet and stress across space and time: a contextual perspective / Daniel Kim and Ichiro Kawachi -- Nutrition and stress and the developing fetus / Rinat Armony-Sivan and Arthur I. Eidelman -- Lipids and depression / Basant K. Puri -- Nicotine, sleep, and depression / Javier Velázquez-Moctezuma and René Drucker-Colín -- Aggresssion, fish oil, and noradrenergic activity / Tomohito Hamazaki -- Stress in the pathogenesis of eating disorders and obesity / Gal Dubnov and Elliot M. Berry -- Effect of dietary hypercholesteremia on host immune response / Roger M. Loria -- Treatment of Huntington's disease with eicosapentaenoic acid / Basant K. Puri -- Major stressors in women's health: the role of nutrition / Adrianne Bendich and Ronit Zilberboim -- Long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids and metabolic syndrome X / Undurti N. Das -- Dietary management of stress using amino acid supplements / Miro Smriga and Kunio Torii -- Conditioned nutritional requirements of the failing heart / Michael J. Sole -- Polyunsaturated fatty acids and neuro-inflammation / Sophie Layé and Robert Dantzer -- Pathophysiological effects of inflammatory mediators and stress on distinct memory systems / Lisa A. Teather -- The interactions between nutrition and inflammatory stress throughout the life cycle / Robert F. Grimble.
- Nutrition and fitness. Part 1, Obesity, the metabolic syndrome, cardiovascular disease, and cancer 2005, KargerCriteria and classification of obesity in Japan and Asia-Oceania / M. Kanazaw ... [et al.] - Exercise and obesity in China / C. Chang -- Obesity in childhood: the Greek experience / A. Kafatos, C.A. Codrington, M. Linardakis -- Epidemiology of physical activity from adolescence to young adulthood / D.J. Aaron, Y.S. Jekal, R.E. Laporte -- Adolescent obesity and physical activity / N. Hwalla, A.M. Sibai, N. Adra -- Nutrition and physical activity of the population in Serbia / M. Pavlovic, V. Grujic, A. Oshaug -- Physical activity and body composition / D. Andreoli, A. De Lorenzo -- Syndrome X: clinical aspects / D. Labadarios -- Metabolic syndrome: is there a pathophysiological common denominator?: lessons learned from the Pima Indians / P.A. Tataranni -- Lifestyle-gene-drug interactions in relation to the Metabolic syndrome / L. Storlien ... [et al.] -- Coronary heart disease, genetics, nutrition and physical activity / M.B. Donati, I. Iacoviello -- Role of nutrients and physical activity in gene expression / R. De Caterina, R. Madonna -- Physical activity and hypertension: an overview / G.P. Rontoyannis --Omega-3 fatty acids and ventricular arrhythmias / A. Leaf, J.X. Kang, Y.-F. Xiao -- A method for the direct evaluation of the fatty acid status in a drop of blood from a fingertip in humans: application to population studies and correlations with biological parameters / F. Marangoni, C. Colombo, C. Galli -- Measurement error in the assessment of interaction between dietary and genetic factors in cohort studies of cancer / S.A. Bingham -- Cancer frequency in poor rural communities consuming a very limited diet / M. Muñoz Rivera ... [et al.] -- Omega-6/omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids ratio and breast cancer / P. Bougnoux, V. Maillard, V. Chajés -- Fish, [omega]-3 polyunsaturated fat intake and cancer at selected sites / A. Tavani ... [et al.] -- Cancer risk reduction by physical exercise / A. Willer.
- Nutrition and metabolism 2009, Springer
- Obesity and binge eating disorder 2005, KargerControl of Food Intake / Gutzwiller, J.-P.; Beglinger, C. (Basel) -- Regulation of Body Weight / Langhans, W.; Geary, N. (Zurich) -- Epidemiology and Symptomatology of Obesity / Wechsler, J.G. (Munchen); Leopold, K. (Lausanne); Bischoff, G. (Munchen) -- Etiology of Obesity / Vogele, C. (London) -- Treatment Options of Obesity: Behavioral Weight Control / Laessle, R.G. (Trier) -- Pharmacological Management of Obesity / Bray, G.A. (Baton Rouge, La.) -- Surgical Treatment of Morbid Obesity / Muller, M.K.; Weber, M. (Zurich) -- Treatment of Obese Children / Braet, C. (Ghent) -- Binge Eating Disorder: A New Eating Disorder or an Epiphenomenon of Obesity? / Tuschen-Caffier, B.; Schlussel, C. (Bielefeld) -- Course, Etiology, and Maintenance of Binge Eating Disorder / Hilbert, A. (St. Louis, Mo.) -- The Psychological and Pharmacological Treatment of Binge Eating Disorder. An Overview / Biedert, E. (Basel) -- Binge Eating Disorder in Childhood - What Do We Know About It? / Munsch, S. (Basel); Hilbert, A. (St. Louis, Mo.) -- Binge Eating Disorder: Specific and Common Features. A Comprehensive Overview / Munsch, S.; Dubi, K. (Basel)
- Obesity and diabetes 2006, SpringerObesity and diabetes: the historical events marking the evolution of the understanding of the pathophysiology and treatment of two related diseases / George Karanastasis and Christos S. Mantzoros -- Epidemiology of obesity and diabetes: prevalence and trends / Susanna C. Larsson and Alicja Wolk -- Genetics of obesity and diabetes / Despina Sanoudou and Christos S. Mantzoros -- Nutrients and peripherally secreted molecules in regulation of energy homeostasis / Greeshma K. Shetty, Diana Barb, and Christos S. Mantzoros -- Central integration of peripheral signals in regulation of energy homeostasis / Greeshma K. Shetty, George Karanastasis, and Christos S. Mantzoros -- Role of energy expenditure in regulation of energy homeostasis / Eric S. Bachman -- Pathophysiology of diabetes in obesity / Geetha R. Soodini and Osama Hamdy -- Diagnosing obesity, diabetes mellitus and the insulin resistance syndrome / Diana Barb and Christos S. Mantzoros --Metabolic syndrome / Rochelle L. Chaiken and Mary Ann Banerji -- Obesity, diabetes, and hypertension / Anjanette S. Tan ... [et al.] -- Dyslipidemia associated with diabetes and insulin resistance syndromes / Jody Dushay and J. Peter Oettgen -- Obesity, diabetes, and endothelial dysfunction / Geetha R. Soodini, Edward S. Horton, and Osama Hamdy -- Atherosclerosis and peripheral vascular disease: sequelae of obesity and diabetes / Satish N. Nadig and Allen Hamdan -- Obesity, diabetes, and risk of cancer: a review of epidemiological studies / Susanna C. Larsson, Hans-Olov Adami, and Alicja Wolk -- Polycystic ovary syndrome a and its metabolic complications / Emilia P. Liao and Leonid Poretsky -- Obesity and type 2 diabetes mellitus in childhood and adolescence / Susann Blüher and Wieland Kiess -- Diabetic retinopathy / Vassiliki Poulaki and Joan W. Miller -- Obesity and renal disease / Ayman Geneidy and Richard Solomon --Diabetic peripheral neuropathy / Rachel Nardin and Roy Freeman -- The diabetic foot / Thanh L. Dinh and Aristidis Veves -- Erectile dysfunction / Kenneth J. Snow -- Infections in diabetes mellitus / Sotirios Tsiodras ... [et al.] -- The HAART-induced metabolic syndrome / Sotirios Tsiodras, Theodore Kelesidis, and Christos S. Mantzoros -- Diet and lifestyle in the prevention and management of type 2 diabetes / Frank B. Hu -- Diet, exercise, and behavioral treatment of obesity / George L. Blackburn -- Medical approaches to the treatment of the obese patient / George A. Bray and Donna H. Ryan -- Medical treatment of the obese patient with type 2 diabetes / Jean L. Chan, Christos S. Mantzoros and Martin J. Abrahamson -- Surgical treatment of obesity and diabetes / Benjamin E. Schneider and Edward C. Mun -- Future developments in the area of pharmacotherapy: molecules in early-stage preclinical development and in clinical trials that may affect energy homeostasis / Diana Barb, Greeshma K. Shetty, and Christos S. Mantzoros.
- Obesity in childhood and adolescence 2004, Karger
- Obesity management in family practice 2006, Springer
- Obesity surgery 2008, AccessSurgery
- Obstructive sleep apnea in adults 2011, KargerObstructive sleep apnea in adults : epidemiology, clinical presentation, and treatment options -- Inflammation, oxidative stress, and procoagulant and thrombotic activity in adults with obstructive sleep apnea -- Metabolic disorders associated with obstructive sleep apnea in adults -- Endothelial dysfunction in adults with obstructive sleep apnea -- Hemodynamic and autonomic changes in adults with obstructive sleep apnea -- Cardiovascular disorders associated with obstructive sleep apnea.
- OMMBID 2001
- Osteoporosis 2008, Springer Protocols
- Overweight and the metabolic syndrome 2006, Springer
- Oxidative stress biomarkers and antioxidant protocols 2002, Springer Protocols
- Oxygen transport to tissue XXVII 2006, Springer
- Pediatric metabolic syndrome 2012, SpringerWhy Should We Write a Book on Pediatric Metabolic Syndrome? Commentaries from Worldwide Experts /Arthur S. Agatston, Arthur S. Agatston, Arthur S. Agatston, Shari Barkin and Gerald S. Berenson, et al. --Epidemiology of the Metabolic Syndrome in Youth: A Population-to-Clinical-Based Perspective /Sarah E. Messiah, Kristopher L. Arheart and James D. Wilkinson --Perinatal Epidemiology of Metabolic Syndrome Risk Factors /Barbara Luke and Mary L. Hediger --Metabolic Syndrome in Childhood as a Risk Factor for Type 2 Diabetes /Nicola Santoro, Cosimo Giannini and Sonia Caprio --Effects of Metabolic Syndrome on Atherosclerosis in Childhood /Muhammad Yasir Qureshi, Sarah E. Messiah, Tracie L. Miller and Steven E. Lipshultz --Metabolic Syndrome and Associated Kidney Disease /Carolyn L. Abitbol and Wacharee Seeherunvong --Metabolic Syndrome and Related Liver Diseases /Aymin Delgado-Borrego.The Relationship Between Asthma, Sleep Apnea, and Other Respiratory Disorders and Childhood Metabolic Syndrome /Erick Forno and Annabelle Quizon --The Relationship Between Components of the Metabolic Syndrome and Bone Health /Zeina M. Nabhan and Linda A. DiMeglio --The Relationship of Childhood Obesity with Cardiomyopathy and Heart Failure /Muhammad Yasir Qureshi, James D. Wilkinson and Steven E. Lipshultz --Childhood Metabolic Syndrome and Cancer Risk /Stefanie R. Brown and Steven E. Lipshultz --Neurocognitive and Psychological Correlates of Metabolic Syndrome in Childhood /Anna Maria Patino-Fernandez, Amber Daigre and Alan M. Delamater --Genomics of Pediatric Metabolic Syndrome /Evadnie Rampersaud and Maria A. Ciliberti --Physical Activity Assessment and Intervention /Gabriel Somarriba --Nutritional Evaluation and Intervention /Runa Diwadkar Watkins, Daniela Neri and Tracie L. Miller --Pharmacological Therapies of Metabolic Syndrome /Adriana Carrillo-Iregui and Carley Gomez-Meade --Bariatric Surgery to Reverse Metabolic Syndrome in Adolescents /Noor Kassira, Valerie Ann Marks and Nestor de la Cruz-Muñoz --Moving Clinic- and Community-Based Practice into Policy to Address Child Healthy Weight (and Vice Versa) /Danielle Hollar, T. Lucas Hollar and Michelle A. Lombardo.
- Photosystem I 2006, Springer
- Photosystem II 2005, Springer
- Pituitary today II 2010, KargerUpdate on basic and clinical research on pituitary function and disease.
- Practical guide-- identification, evaluation, and treatment of overweight and obesity in adults Google Books
- Preventing childhood obesity 2005, NAPExtent and consequences of childhood obesity -- Developing an action plan -- A national public health priority -- Industry, advertising, media, and public education -- Local communities -- Schools -- Home -- Confronting the childhood obesity epidemic.
- Principles of metabolic surgery 2012, Springer
- Radiology of osteoporosis. 2nd rev. ed. 2008, Springer
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
Authors: Adrian M.K. Thomas, Arpan K. Banerjee